Windows Support Forum

New Build PC Freezing Randomly

Q: New Build PC Freezing Randomly

I just built this new box for gaming about 3-4 days ago, had all the parts shipped in from newegg.com and have been having problems with random freezes. No BSOD's at all, just freezing of the screen, no mouse movements, and I cant even turn numlock off on the keyboard. I have ran memtest, HD tests, virus scans, spyware scans, and have checked the temps of the CPU GPU and MB. All temps are normal (CPU avg. 25-30 degrees Celcius at idle, GPU 50-55 degrees Celcius at idle, and MB 18-25 degrees Celcius at idle). I cant seem to figure out the problem. Any input would be appreciated.

Also occassionally playing WoW, my keyboard and mouse acts like it gets unplugged and plugged back in from time to time. Mouse is plugged into hub on keyboard.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Build PC Freezing Randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New Build PC Freezing Randomly

What is the make and model of your video card and did you update the drivers? If not try the following steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Also unplug mouse from keyboard hub. What are the results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-pc-freezing-randomly.146706/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all.
I recently built a new desktop and it was working beautifully for the first two weeks.
Then it started randomly crashing. No BSOD, log says nothing. The freezing occurs randomly after anywhere from 1 to 40 hours uptime. Most commonly within 6 hours.

At first I suspected an old HDD I had salvaged from previous build was the problem - but after replacing that it's apparent that wasn't the case.

So far I've:
Done a static discharge.
Reseated RAM and GPU. Unplugged an re-plugged everything except CPU.
Ran memtest, no results.

Specs:
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
CPU - i5 3570k with stock cooler (not overclocked, never goes above 55 Celsius)
GPU - N660 TF 2GD5/OC, GTX 660 from MSI.
RAM - 2x4GB Corsair value ram
SSD - Intel 330 120gb
HDD - Used to be some old samsung, now a Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 1GB
DVD drive - Samsung SH-224BB

A:[SOLVED] New build freezing randomly.

Event log and system information.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-new-build-freezing-randomly-681717.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I built a Pc for my Girlfriends brother I have a good knowledge of Computers and I am build freezing new - Randomly brand Pc a Networking student in Australia He used his Comptuer for a few weeks before this started happening but this is what he has told me I haven't actually seen the problem the Computer Pc Randomly freezing - brand new build would randomly freeze after about hours of being on This also happened when he tried to open games so I checked all the connections were correct the works and I also formatted the HDD and did a fresh install of windows The Computer was fine at my house didn't freeze or turn off but I didn't try to open any games as I was in a hurry I took it back to him and he says after a few hours of being on it randomly freezes no picture shown on the screen Pc Randomly freezing - brand new build I have a feeling it's the monitor but I am not sure Totally stumped on this one never seen this before I haven't actually witnessed the problem it's all of what he has told me so I'm not sure The specs CPU - AMD FX- Core Black Edition Processor Mobo - ASRock Extreme R Motherboard RAM - Corsair CMX GX M A C GB x GB DDR I know I should've gotten a dual channel kit but I was working on a budget and it was more expensive GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX PSU - Corsair CX- Modular Bronze HDD - Western Digital WD Blue TB WD EZEX OS is Windows Professional bit Legitimate

A:Pc Randomly freezing - brand new build

Well, first before doing anything rash, you should view the freezing first hand yourself. Just in case the user is mixing up their terminology.
If it is indeed freezing, this would be caused by overheating. You may need to reapply thermal paste between the heat sync and the processor. Make sure all fans are spinning. And make sure it is clean of dust. If fresh paste doesn't fix it then it would be a failing or underpowered PSU.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-randomly-freezing-brand-new-build-805249.html
Relevancy 69.66%

So on my nearly -year old build that s been running just fine I ve run into an interesting new problem as of late Lately I ve noticed that at times it will do this interesting build randomly newly Old pause-freezing?.. thing where it looks like it hangs totally unresponsive from any input cannot even change keyboard numlock capslock scroll lock monitor freezes and audio totally stops but only for about seconds then it continues as if Old build newly randomly pause-freezing?.. nothing had happened It seems to happen most often while gaming anywhere from to minutes between bouts but Old build newly randomly pause-freezing?.. it happens even when doing normal web browsing as well Usually seems like I hit a key or click on something right as it happens but no key action in particular causes it Now things that I m trying to consider would be the problem --Just started using it again after months of leaving it at home turned off from getting back from college dorms Might be something about old hardware I doubt it but it s a possibility I guess --Updated my ethernet driver since I got back --Updated various software on my computer since I ve gotten back This is all I ve got - I haven t figured out why it s continuing even after a couple restarts since I ve used it P S It did actually freeze once while writing this so it seems to be capable of happening at any time nbsp

A:Old build newly randomly pause-freezing?..

Ok, now I'm encountering a new issue. (Now posting from alternate computer...)

Now, after installing some Windows Updates, including monitor and video card drivers, my computer only stays on for about 5 minutes, before flashing a blue screen at me, and then turning off, and restarting.

Not only that, but also, after about 30 seconds of logging in and letting Windows make it to its desktop, my monitor goes entirely black for a second or two, then when it comes back up, it's reduced the monitor's display resolution to its minimum (800x600 in this case).

If however, I stay at the login screen, and don't choose a user and log in, it appears to be stable. It's only after I go through the motions of actually logging in and starting to do anything that it starts doing these things now.

I'm seriously thinking it's a driver issue, but now I can't even get the driver rolled back in time before it crashes and restarts... Any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-build-newly-randomly-pause-freezing.965178/
Relevancy 54.61%

Myself along with a couple to forced Freezes Computer and keeps freezing randomly, restart randomly of other people on this forum have been experiencing the exact same problem I also found some other people on other virus help forums who have the same problem as well This new virus seems to be spreading and no one seems to know what to do about it It just started during the beginning of April The main problem is that my computer just keeps Computer keeps freezing randomly, Freezes randomly and forced to restart randomly freezing It can happen every - minutes or even up to an hour The computer just freezes and you can t do anything except for seeing your mouse move around Ctrl alt delete does nothing at all either It just locks up and you are forced to manually turn off the computer and restart it It is extremely frustrating It all started during the beginning of April where my computer restarted on its own then it just started freezing up I ran several anti virus programs spy ware removal programs and an AVG scan and could find nothing of any relevance I even had a technician come to my house and he couldn t find anything He thinks that it s the memory or ram but I highly doubt that my laptop is only like years old Any help would be greatly appreciated This is a new virus I believe and it is driving me insane thank you I have ran a Malware Antimalware Bites scan AVG Ad Aware Spybot and SUPERAntiSpyware scans all found nothing Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL menusw exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility WCULauncher exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtBty exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Prog... Read more

A:Computer keeps freezing randomly, Freezes randomly and forced to restart

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-keeps-freezing-randomly-freezes-randomly-and-forced-to-restart-363786.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys New here but hoping for some help CPU- Core i k Graphics - Strix Ram gb vengeance DDR Hard drives- one SSD one internal HDD and two external HDD Motherboard gigabyte z G gaming I just built a brand new computer from scratch Every component is new except for the Strix graphics card I have spent hours trying to troubleshoot this myself with no luck I get random BSOD sometimes when browsing webpages or even when the computer is idle I generally get - BSOD *** randomly, NEW BUILD, BSOD a night What I have done so far Ran memtest and BSOD randomly, NEW BUILD, *** the first pass was fine with no errors Tried again the next day and found multiple errors Tried each ram slot with just a single stick of memory but could not find anymore errors I changed my BIOS from default quot Auto quot ram management and entered the timings per manufacturer spec I ran a video card memory test which passed My system runs cool not a heat problem I haven't tried playing any games yet Don't have any yet but I have ran D mark to stress the graphics card without a crash I would love it if someone could analyze the log and help point me in the right direction I am beyond frustrated- this is a new system and I have no idea what the problem may be Thanks John Zip file is attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-randomly-new-build-1075674.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I bought a new pc five month ago i was not getting bsod often but today when I exit game I got bsod somehow.

A:BSOD on new build pc happens randomly

especially this happens when I alt tab to google chrome from game.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359975-bsod-new-build-pc-happens-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok well the title says as much as I ve been able to figure out Not a whole lot I ve spent hours browsing forums for solutions to my problem and I know it s not a new one at that so I apologize for the redundancy I ve compiled a list below of possible solutions I have tried to no avail Any other input would be My New Build Randomly Shutting-Off much appreciated for the My New Build Shutting-Off Randomly possibility of saving me a trip to the nearest PC shop and giving them any more of my money -Ran SFC scannow Nothing -Checked all connections hardware Didn t notice anything unplugged loose out of the ordinary -Switched RAM No difference -Ran AVG Clean -Ran Spyware Bot A few cookies deleted them -Defrag amp Error-Checking Couldn t make it through a defrag without shut-off -Checked Device Manager Nothing seems to be out of order -Event Viewer Only issue being Event ID Source Microsoft Fax I have no clue why this would be running I do not own a fax machine -Clean re-install of windows on new HDD the Seagate Barracuda And it still shuts down -Looked for the plague oozing caps to no avail But did notice an oily substance leaking from under gfx card cover Which when removed revealed itself to be from the heat paste maybe gfx card is running too hot -PC Wizard shows idle temps running Explorer browsing the forums for solutions CPU Core C Core C GFX Temp C Runs a bit warmer when running say Warcraft but I don t have those specs handy atm Could PC Wizard be mis-reading my temps -D L d latest drivers for gfx card - Maybe some info on grounding my mobo and how I would go about doing that if it s a possible issue ----- gt Am I missing anything to try here nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I haven t installed much on my PC yet other than Firefox and the sorts On occasion my PC randomly BSODs sometimes minutes New BSODs build, randomly in and sometimes seconds upon booting to desktop Another problem is that upon restarting after crashing my PC would power on for seconds before turning off again until I shut off my power strip for seconds before rebooting Is this possibly an issue with my power supply having a bit too many USB devices plugged in Motherboard MSI Z A-G PSU Corsair Gaming Series GS W CPU Intel Core i K GPU EVGA GTX RAM Corsair Vengeance mhz DDR x OS Genuine Windows Ultimate -bit Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base New build, BSODs randomly xfffff f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff be Debug session time Fri Aug UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols New build, BSODs randomly Loading unloaded module New build, BSODs randomly list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa fed b Probably caused by hardware Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa fed Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg b High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL f STACK TEXT fffff f a fffff fffffa fed b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f a fffff d fffffa f a fffffa f ab hal HalBugCheckSystem x e fffff f aa fffff c fffffa f a fffff f e fffff f e nt WheaReportHwError x fffff f b fffff f a fffffa f a fffff f e fffffa f a hal HalpMcaReportError x c fffff f c fffff dd fffff f eb hal HalpMceHandler x e fffff f c fffff be fffff eb fffff eb hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x fffff f cc fffff bd ec hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bd nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e fffff fffff ccbf fffffa c fffffa a b fffff f fc nt KiMcheckAbort x fffff fec fffff ccbf fffffa c fffffa a b fffff f fc hal HalProcessorIdle x fffff fec fffff c c fffff eb fffff f fc fffff da nt PoIdle x fffff fed fffff ff fffff f fffff fed nt KiIdleLoop x c STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE Followup MachineOwner --------- Thanks in advance I will update this post new info regularly if needed

A:New build, BSODs randomly

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntelSee if this guide helps0X124 what it means

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466210/new-build-bsods-randomly/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys I decided to build my own computer randomly off New shutting self-build to save money Bad idea it seems Problems out of the box Initially it would not turn on due to USB OVERCURRENT I solved that with some electrical tape on the bottom of the USB pins on the motherboard it was shorting as far as I know Got everything up and running then it New self-build shutting off randomly crashed again Black screen Everything off Like someone pulled the plug I thought it was the mobo shorting again as I had read on other forums so I took it out and coated the case with duct tape to prevent shorting The supplied screws did not fit so well so I only have two holding it in at the moment - Do all screws need to be in for proper grounding Right now I m thinking it is CPU over heating as it turns off after a while and then keeps turning off I ve been monitoring the temperature as of late and it idles around C spiking up to about C when ripping a CD I removed the heatsink and cleaned off the stock thermal gel and replaced it with ArticSilver I thought this solved the problem until it crashed again So far I ve had luck with two things Leaving the case open and having a big fan blow in temperature of CPU still goes up to C though when busy and the second taking the motherboard out and setting it on a piece of wood I haven t had the computer crash as of yet using one of these two methods not both at once however I ll continue monitoring this evening to see if it crashes I m really not too sure what to do whether its CPU over heating or the Mobo isn t being grounded now or what I ve been fiddling with the damn thing all weekend What saved me a couple hundred bucks cost me too many hours Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:New self-build shutting off randomly

u don't need to duct tape anything when building a computer
all the risers need to be screwed into the ultra case only where your motherboard needs to be screwed down (9 in your case)
as far as the shutting down pay attention to the heatsink/fan installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-self-build-shutting-off-randomly.851470/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello randomly hangs New build can someone please try and help me I recently built my own computer A friend put it together Since then the computer will randomly hang for about minute or so and then it resolves as if nothing happened There are no errors reported in Event Viewer Today after it froze it said there was a milisecond timeout while waiting for the Windows Error Reporting Service to connect Also came across this once it unfroze The Intel Management reg Engine Interface is being disabled Also found this Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures LMS lost connection to Intel reg MEI driver - lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt New build randomly hangs Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt New build randomly hangs lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt user-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name param gt lt Data gt lt Data Name param gt Windows Error Reporting Service lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks I'm at my wits end here I've brought this pc to two computer shops and both said it was not freezing but as soon as I get it back to my house it starts hanging the usual minute time and then resuming like nothing happened New build randomly hangs

A:New build randomly hangs

To what end did these shops say the PC was not freezing? Cause one of many things can be happening:

-MOBO is bad
-PSU is bad
-HDD is bad
-RAM is bad
-OS botched on an update, so it's feeling it
-Virus/malware

If Microsoft's AM solution is hanging up, and it's a new build...that plus speed issues MAY suggest something snuck on there that wasn't meant to be.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579563/new-build-randomly-hangs/
Relevancy 48.59%

My first build and am having problems with windows booting extremely slow, running buggy and shutting down on me randomly. It typically shuts down during strenuous tasks such as gaming and installation, but has shut down in the UEFI bios, once. When I boot back up I almost always get to the sign in menu but after putting in my password it takes a good 3-5 minutes before the start menu pops up. Sometimes it'll load up to a black screen where I can only use the mouse pointer, and access the task manager. Wondering if it's my motherboard or if it's just a driver problem. If so, how can I fix it. TY much.
Running an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 with an AMD 8350 black and an Sapphire 7870 XT with two sticks of cheap 4 GB 1333 MHz ram.
Any advice would be much apreciated.

A:New build shuts down randomly..

Most BSOD's were caused by the two processes below and that would explain why it takes so long to login:
smss.exe (Session Manager Subsystem and is responsible for handling sessions on your system)
winlogon.exe (Winlogon is a part of the Windows Login subsystem, and is necessary for user authorization)

uninstall Norton. Download the special uninstaller from their website to completely uninstall it. Norton is known to cause lots of problems and BSOD's.Open the elevated command prompt and run: chkdsk C: /r /f. System will reboot, this will take a while.After step 2 done, Open the elevated command prompt and run: sfc /scannow. To fix any corrupted system files. Might have to run multiple times until you get a message: Windows did not find any integrity violation.Download Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool, burn to CD/USB and run the test. It is important to run it over night for at least 8-10 hours. This test might pass the first few rounds but it does not mean the RAM is good.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22268-new-build-shuts-down-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
I am currently putting together a new build with custom parts, and am running into a very odd problem. Everything runs perfectly fine, fans all run, lights turn on, debug code display is working, usb keyboard operates correctly, display on monitor is working fine, but at random intervals, my computer will just stop. The lights all remain on, but the debug code screen goes blank, and in order to start the system up again, i need to unplug it and let its power fully drain, then replug and boot. Any ideas?

Specs: OS is Windows 10 pro 64 Bit
-Radeon r9 290
-1475w Toughpower XT Gold PSU
-ASUS Crosshair V Formula-z Motherboard
-AMD FX 9590 8-core 4.7ghz (5.0ghz OC) processor.

I'm so sad it's not working, and would appreciate any help on the matter, Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-new-build-crashing-randomly.1166364/
Relevancy 48.16%
A:BSOD randomly page_fault_in_nonpage_area cdd.dll (new Build)

It would be a good idea to install a genuine copy of Windows, you have a DELL PID on an ASRock retail motherboard.

Code:
Host Name: ADI-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Adi
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00400 ---> DELL PID

Original Install Date: 2/24/2015, 11:11:15 AM
System Boot Time: 3/14/2015, 2:05:17 PM
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3201 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.10, 7/22/2014
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't even attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364116-bsod-randomly-page_fault_in_nonpage_area-cdd-dll-new-build.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Built in February, computer been running fine until it restarted last week.  For the past 2 days, it's been doing it 1-3 times a day now.
Event viewer shows no errors leading up to restart so my only conclusion is something is wrong with the power supply.
If this is true, how do i test because this system uses dual 850w EVGA PSUs linked together.
Voltages for PSU are good i believe.
12v- <1% deviation
5v- <2% deviation
3.3v- =3% deviation

A:Computer randomly restarting. New build

I have solved problem.
It is the multiple video drivers required in this system to operate.
9 monitor setup somehow along with windows updates has caused a confliction somewhere and all parties of video drivers have issued their own updates to correct issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581886/computer-randomly-restarting-new-build/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just did a new build with the following specs:
-Intel I5-4690k
-Asus Z97-A Motherboard
-EVGA GTX 970 SC
-Corsair H105 Water cooler

Old parts still used:
-OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSD
-Seagate 1tb HDD
-Corsair 8gb DDR3 1333

I reinstalled Windows 7 Pro 64, installed all the drivers from the disc, updated Windows, and can use my computer fine. However, it regularly hangs up when shutting down(saying "Shutting Down") and I have to manually turn it off, and sometimes, I come back and see the "windows recovered from an error" with the 9f for the BSOD. I have already ran Kaspersky's rootkit scan, but didn't find anything. It might be the Intel RST, but I don't want to start uninstalling things blindly. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:New Intel build, BSOD 9f Randomly.

Welcome.

Disable USB Selective Suspense.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Compressed\BEEG-PC-Wed_12_31_2014_112919_35\123014-5085-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff8a0`02324c32?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff8a0`0020e712?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c3c0?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c1a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e5d890
Debug session time: Wed Dec 31 09:43:02.608 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 0:04:01.826
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800a580bf0, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800aab5c60}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iusb3hub.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iusb3hub.sys
Probably caused by : iusb3hub.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800a580bf0, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800aab5c60, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: iusb3hub.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 52fb553e

MODULE_NAME: iusb3hub

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8800516e000 iusb3hub

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF80000BA2FB0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c388 fffff800`02cff8d2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0a580bf0 fffff800`00b9c3d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c390 fffff800`02c9a85c : fffff800`00b9c4c0 fffff800`00b9c4c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x33af0
fffff800`00b9c430 fffff800`02c9a6f6 : fffff800`02e40140 00000000`0054bf07 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x6c
fffff800`00b9c4a0 fffff800`02c9a5de : 000000c9`ba8d8c98 fffff800`00b9cb18 00000000`0054bf07 fffff800`02e0d368 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9caf0 fffff800`02c9a3c7 : 00000044`f35258c1 00000044`0054bf07 00000044`f35258bc 00000000`00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356915-new-intel-build-bsod-9f-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi i just built my first pc yesterday it all went fine new motherboard cpu and ram It starts up fine i can navigate the bios without it stoping at all however when i try to install an os it will randomly at any stage of the installation freeze This has happend on different stages of installation on both my copy of Vista and Xp I tryed to run memtest to see if it was a ram problem but within seconds of starting memtest my pc just restarted itself cpu i Motherboard MSI P -GD P Socket- Ram gb ddr v triple channel Graphics Card GTX Core i ve also tested with an and a PSU W i can get more information about this if needed Also i know that ram iis triple channel which that board doesnt support which was a mistake on my part however that cant be the problem im trying to run it with juust one of the sticks In my ignorance of computer hardware i know i ve probley made alot of mistakes with either what i ve bought or how im setting it up Any ideas or suggestions would be very appreciated im near to pulling my hair out over this Thanks nbsp

A:First Build and locks up randomly during OS install

Okay, what power supply are you using (brand, model, amps on 12V rail)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-and-locks-up-randomly-during-os-install.136629/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone so I just built a new desktop and I've been getting blue screens every so often I first put Windows on it it started blue screening about three hours afterwards giving errors like page fault in non paged area kernel data in page error etc I on randomly completely build BSOD new figured it was the drivers so I reinstalled all the latest drivers and it worked for a bit then still blue screened The most common being the apge fault in non paged area At that point I decided to reinstall Windows completely and BSOD randomly on completely new build got Win Again after about hours I started to get blue screens Less frequently than on W but still there I ran memtest because I thought it could be the RAM but it had no errors after passes Similarly chkdsk showed no issues with my SSD I find this weird because Burnintest is saying my SSD and RAM have some issues I also ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and it didn't find anything wrong with my memory I'm not sure what it could be at this point I re-seated the RAM and GFX and checked all the SATA cables but still nothing I've attached the zip file with minidump information Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD randomly on completely new build

Please run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip file, it misses several files.

How did you install Windows 7? Did you first format the drive or just installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396429-bsod-randomly-completely-new-build.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi i have a new build and i am having issues with it freezing randomly ive only had it running a couple of days so im not sure if its a hardware software heat or freezing new build up a mem leak issue so i dont know where to start asking for help if i need re directed np it seems to do it when playing games wow specificaly here's what happens ill ben going along aplaying like normal and the system locks up a full freeze no bsod no error message just lock cant do anything mouse doesnt work keyboard doesnt work and the sound is stuck here is a snippit of my build but attached is the dxdiag os win home premium cpu amd phenomII new build freezing up x core black edition cpu cooler zalman cnps nt mobo asus crosshair formula III ram g ocz reaper ddr vid x sapphire vapor-x g gddr in crossfire mode hdd x wd g caviar blue psu abs sl w case coolermaster case fans x mm x mm

A:new build freezing up

The first thing that I would suggest is top get WHQL video driversfrom ATI.
According to the DXdiag report there is a need for them.
64bit windows wants qualified drivers and could well be the cause of your issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-build-freezing-up-468944.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone I am having issues with my computer freezing It's not frequent but it and it happens pretty much whenever it wants I can be rendering a New is Freezing My Build video in Premiere Pro CS or My New Build is Freezing just downloading something with the system completely idle I check the Windows System Logs after every freeze and they're no help they just say the My New Build is Freezing last system shutdown was unexpected at the time of the reboot I ran Memtest and it came up with no errors I also ran DMark Vantage I know it's not really a stability test but I wanted to see if it would cause it to freeze which it didn't But then I ran Prime on a stress test and it causes the machine to freeze after the K Self-Test passes everytime I run it I have attached a picture of where the computer freezes everytime I run Prime as well dump and system file collection I even went as far as doing a fresh install of Windows Ultimate to see if my install could be the issue which it wasn't Could it be a CPU issue Overheating or a CPU issue itself Or could it be a memory issue even though Memtest returned no errors Or even a power supply issue I have enough money to drop on a new PSU or cooler for the CPU but I really don't want to have to buy a new CPU I built this machine in May and it seemed to perfect after the initial setup If you need any more info just ask Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks a bunch

A:My New Build is Freezing

I solved the issue, turns out it was somehow my Firewire card. I was going to try eliminating possible RAM issues, but I suspected it was the cheap Firewire card I installed. So I pulled it, ran Prime95 and it made it all the way through the 8k test. Unfortunatly I kind of need the card, I'm going to try to RMA it and buy a different one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178745-my-new-build-freezing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve re-posted this from one my thread on another site hoping to get a second opinion I modded out an old AT case to take ATX gear freezing. New build to use New build freezing. some old hardware I had The hardware wasn t working and so I used different hardware I know to work well I New build freezing. took an Elite mainboard Socket A - k s a and an AMD Athlon which is supposedly a but rates in bios as Ghz and shows as an athlon running at MHz which is the correct bus speed for it I used a DDR MHz stick of ram out of my own and best rig which New build freezing. works perfectly The HDD came from the computer I m trying to upgrade as did a CDRW and DVD ROM Also from this old Gateway machine is a miniATX powersupply which should be perfectly sufficient for the little work I m asking of it In the PCI slots is also a NIC and a VGA card On booting this upgraded machine as was half expected I got a reboot loop while WinXP had a fit dealing with it s new home I used the recovery console chkdsk r and then repaired winXP from the installation CD Rebooted the machine and Windows XP loaded up as expected Up and to this point there s been no hint of a problem However if moving the mouse a lot or are doing anything when windows is still loading the desktop the system crashes - a proper crash where everything freezes and the capslock light won t light up when you press the key It just stays in this state untill you turn off and reboot Waiting for it to boot and then opening My Computer and doubleclicking the mainboard installation CD also gives the same issue A solid crash freeze as soon as you try to move the mouse I really have no idea at all why the thing should be freezing like this This is turning out to be the longest it s ever taken to upgrade a machine please help I d really appreciate any assistance anybody might be able to give nbsp

A:New build freezing.

two things come to mind
1st off you may have to do a minimal build first just to see if all your hard ware is playing nice together, setup with just psu/cpu+hsf/1 stick of ram/gfx card, no drives, turn it on and you should get a single post beep and come up to the bios, that will tell you that at least that stuff works together.
2nd you sound like you did not do a fresh format and install of XP, you may have to do that to get it run right, I know the repair thing may work in some instances but maybe not this time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-freezing.353385/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently bought a used tower with everything included except for a video card and HDD which I supplied Build Freezing New myself video card being my old one and hdd brand new After setting everything up it ran smoothly for awhile but now suffers from random freezing it doesn t blue screen just freezes on my current window sometimes with the sound stuttering I ve tested out the video card and hdd in another computer with it not crashing so I m starting to be convinced it s the motherboard can someone confirm or help my theory before I go and waste money Also have switched out RAM btw P S it almost seems to be cutting outmore if I m watching a live stream like on twitch tv but like i said it does it any New Build Freezing time so its probably just me imagining it thought I d add it in though Operating system win graphics card ATI radeon hd Hdd Seagate tb ram DDR gb Quad core proc ghz Motherboard ASUS P Q or P K PSU W Antec any other information needed just ask getting really desperate nbsp

A:New Build Freezing

The supply for the graphics card needs to be 75Watts. I would start by checking that first.

Is this a 64bit version of Windows 7, if not you have over 4GB of memory that it can't use.

Do you know the history of this PC, check in the Bios that nothing has been overclocked and check all the voltage settings are correct.

If the power supply checks out then I would try running the PC on one stick of memory at a time and see if the freezing continues.

Load up this software to check the GPU temps and CoreTemp for the CPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-freezing.1021241/
Relevancy 47.73%

Built the machine yesterday and installed OEM Win7 pro 64bit. Has frozen up 4 times, 2 times while transfering large number of files on the network, 2 times while installing large software packages...happens around 10-15 minutes into the progress bar. Logs are attached and system specs are filled in.

Thanks for looking,
Rhythm

A:New win 7 build freezing

Don't see any BSODs so we'll have to start off with some hardware tests

Update your Intel network drivers - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165764-new-win-7-build-freezing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings I have looked around at forums and even posted this issue on other forums but nobody seems to want to help me at freezes - Build while randomly) (and New streaming Vista all I hope this forum is more kind and helpful I have an issue wherein Vista Ultimate -bit Will freeze up completely forcing me to reset reboot This has occurred a few days after I put the computer together and installed all the software It does not happen reliably The first two times it happened I was using New Build - Vista freezes while streaming (and randomly) Firefox in a window in front of a video game in windowed mode This does not happen every time I do that and has not happened from New Build - Vista freezes while streaming (and randomly) doing that in about a week The problem recently resurfaced in a more reliable fashion while using the Play-On media server software to stream Hulu to my Xbox The computer froze after about minutes of doing this and then after about minutes of doing this I re-installed the most recent network driver and tried switching ethernet ports Next time it happened after about minutes twice in a row So this is a very reliable circumstance to cause the freeze If I'm not using Play On media server I can use the computer for hours and hours and not have a problem - other than power management refusing to recognize my input devices when it goes into sleep mode thus requiring me to turn off sleep mode - but that's a separate issue There was the two other times in the past weeks where I didn't have Play On installed at all and the freeze occurring but like I said it hasn't happened without trying to stream to xbox for about a week and a half but those occurences are still something to consider This does not happen during heavy processing load such as full screen graphics intensive games when I would expect the processor to potentially overheat So I don't think heat is an issue This also potentially rules out memory problems Although I have not tried memtest if my computer can run games while burning CDs and be fine yet crash wile running nothing but this media server I don't see how it could be memory related but then again I'm a noob I've re-installed the network drivers from Asus' website and tried both ethernet ports I should also add that I have not flashed updated the BIOS This is something that I have not done before and am somewhat afraid to do because of all the posts here and elsewhere citing problems after doing it I've got all my software installed and files transferred and I'd very much prefer not to have to wipe it all and start over if something goes wrong with the update So if possible I'd like to fix this problem without flashing BIOS It may be that updating bios is vitally important though you tell me super users I hope some genius can help me because it is really infuriating to have built myself a new box and have this mysterious interruption on a random basis I'm savvy enough to put a computer together but with recent configure options such as manually setting voltages for memory there can be things I've forgotten or left out Here's my computer info ASUS Rampge Formula LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo e Wolfdale GHz LGA W Dual - Core Processor OCZ Reaper HPC GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC x gb Corsair W ATX V Power Supply EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Core Windows Vista Ultimate SP -bit Hopefully I've provided the forum with enough information to get me started on the right track to fixing this monster Thank you - Alex

A:New Build - Vista freezes while streaming (and randomly)

Well you know i had the same problem with the same OS, and the same fixes (sort of) I never actually fixed it, but it jsut stopped.... So if you wait it out, it might fix itself like it did me.

I too looked all over the internet (and asked here) and never got it really fixed. So my advice is just to wait it out...

Sorry.
~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204009-new-build-vista-freezes-while-streaming-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Specs:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-Bit
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
ASUS Z87-PRO (V EDITION) LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin
CORSAIR RM Series RM550 550W

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
A few weeks ago, custom built pc started to shut down randomly, I don't know the problem, I already did a full virus scan, nothing showed up. Usually happens when I'm surfing the Internet. Me and my friend built this computer, so I'm not sure if whether it is a hardware problem. Please help...

A:Custom build shuts down randomly, then restarts itself.

i would say a hardware issue is not totally out of the question. i would download a program from the following link to a flash drive and run it through several passes to test the ram. The program is called memtest86+. It can be downloaded from the following link:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

If after running several passes memtest shows no issues; post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342605-custom-build-shuts-down-randomly-then-restarts-itself.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello From time to time when I click on the Computer shortcut the info bars about HDD size and free space do not show up 7100) crashing explorer.exe randomly (build and when I try to exit Windows Explorer or enter one of the hard drives explorer exe crashes I'm running on Windows beta build which I explorer.exe randomly crashing (build 7100) installed on a formatted drive didn't explorer.exe randomly crashing (build 7100) update from XP to or anything like that I also have the additional czech language installed from Windows Update but that shouldn't have any impact on explorer exe functionality riiight I tried to run the sfc scannow command in cmd but it didn't find anything wrong Any idea if I could fix explorer exe explorer.exe randomly crashing (build 7100) somehow without having to reinstall Windows that's something I'd REALLY like to avoid since setting up the OS and all the apps is quite a pain in the you know what System specs OS Windows build CPU AMD Athlon X GHz RAM GB usable GB GFX nVidia GeForce GTX MB

A:explorer.exe randomly crashing (build 7100)

My Internet explorer start crashing but doesn't

I have downloaded Google Chrome its working very well

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27434-explorer-exe-randomly-crashing-build-7100-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey everyone I did my first build a while ago but kept getting the Blue Screen of Death I got a tech guy in to look at how I built it do mem tests and hard drive tests and he said that the motherboard must be faulty I then sent the motherboard back New randomly Build - Comp / freezes BSOD and they gave me a replacement I now have put it back together and am STILL getting BSOD's or my screen just freezes It can run for quite a while without crashing if I am just using facebook or just cruising the web but when I start using skype or play games or have a few different programs open it is more likely to crash However it does crash even when I am just using Chrome At this point in time I think it could be a compatibility problem with some hardware I'm using otherwise I am just over the crashing and really need any help I can get Thanks Here are my computers specs Uploaded with ImageShack us Any ideas on what I can do is appreciated

A:BSOD / Comp freezes randomly - New Build

The first thing I would check is your motherboard site to make sure the memory you have installed is known to be compatible with the board.

Also, the information you provided is informative, but not enough so for us to properly help you. If you could please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html we will be able to assist you better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206623-bsod-comp-freezes-randomly-new-build.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have the p t se but there are more posts in this forum and the bios is extremely similar from what I have read so maybe someone can help me here I recently put together a new system for a friend It has an Apevia ATX-AS W-BL power supply I followed the overclocking guide for the p t deluxe and just used the default settings that were given to run it at default speed running Core restarts New randomly. i7 Please build. Computer Help at The cpu voltage is about in the bios The ram is Kingston KHX D LLK X gig ddr I set the profile to xmp and am running the Dram voltage at It states it should be at however I can not choose in the bios the next available option is and I do not want to go above as this could damage the cpu according the intel I tried lowering the New Core i7 build. Computer restarts randomly. Please Help settings for the ram and changing it to ddr and to see if that helped also tried bumping the cpu vcore but the computer still restarts sometimes as soon as windows starts loading the desktop or when I try to run prime One thing I noticed with speedfan was the the V line was indicating it was only getting v or so but in the bios it indicated above V Is the psu not pumping out the right amount of juice in windows Any help would be greatly appreciated Here are the bios settings If there is anythig else I should look at or something that looks wrong let me know what to change System Settings Core i Asus p t se Apevia ATX-AS W-BL ATX V Kingston HyperX KHX D LLK GX DD Sapphire HDMI Radeon HD Hitachi gb sata hd Cooler Master Elite nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

The BSOD only seems to happen after I leave the pc alone for 20 minutes. Just Installed all the parts on Friday.

Build- Intel Core i5-3570K, Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Raidmax Smilodon Extreme ATX-612WEB - System Build - PCPartPicker

I am out of ideas because I cannot make sense of the event viewer error information.
Any help would be awesome.

A:BSOD randomly on new build, no idea why only happens while idoling

I see two things that may or may not be infections. What anit virus program are you using?
wininit.exe
csres.exe

To check and see if they are infection I recommend these.
Windows Defender Offline

Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

TDSSKiller Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270708-bsod-randomly-new-build-no-idea-why-only-happens-while-idoling.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just recently built a new computer to upgrade for the next couple of years and have encountered a major problem freezing After the build for about weeks I had no problems and then the freezing started When the computer froze it caused the screen to freeze leaving whatever i was doing displayed on the monitor and a constant looping sound of the last note of whatever i was listening to It would happen when I played video games such as Unreal Tournament or Battlefield I would try to watch movies and freezing build, constant New if the movie player was New build, constant freezing in full screen or a size close to New build, constant freezing taking up the screen it would freeze If i ran multiple programs at once i e trillina utorrent Mozilla a video game lots of windows open it is guaranteed to freeze So I memtest ed my RAM and the same freezing occurred almost instantly or shortly after starting the test I looked at all my temperatures using the programs Speedfan and PC Probe II Both have all temps in the green except for a SpeedFan quot Core quot temp of C With the temp gauges frozen on my screen after a routine freezing none of the temps are out of the ordinary After countless freezing my original RAM dies and i can t even boot up and my sytem wouldn t post I go to bestbuy and buy the cheapest RAM i could find GB DDR PC - MHz I replace the other sticks i have with the cheapo version and the same freezing occurs after a successful post and boot up I send my Corsair RAM back to the manufacturer and have it replaced with new RAM The new RAM checks out with a hour memtest I open multiple programs and the freezing occurs again I swap my video card with my buddies Geforce GT My Geforce GTS works like a champ with no problems in his system With the in my system the freezing continues I have swapped my w powersupply with a w and the freezing took longer to happen but it eventually happened So i send my w back to the manufacturer and have it replaced Still freezing If i try to memtest the system right now the system freezes I haven t replaced my motherboard or processor yet but i decided to try these forums in hopes one of you with much more experience with this than I could help me out My system specs should be listed at the top What do I do next disclaimer I am apologizing in advance if i posted this in the wrong spot broke some forum rule about having a post thats too long or was too noob and didn t post something vitally important about my system that was needed Please bear with me This is my first post nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-constant-freezing.103298/
Relevancy 47.3%

Built what I constantly New freezing build thought was a dream rig but it s a nightmare and freezes at any New build constantly freezing point from welcome screen to an hour in but it will freeze at some point any time I start it Thought it was bad RAM or I RAM in an AMD build given by mistake but apparently not according to tech people Corsair themselves and Memtest The HDD is a Seagate Barracuda but a chkdsk on it was fine Temp is fine s and system in s AMD T Gigabyte GA- XTA--UD motherboard OCZ PSU W GEForce GTX Corsair XMS CMX GX M A C DDR Core I Corsair said the only difference is an AMD runs it at and an Noctua Heatsink which I only mention because it now blocks the RAM Hoping it s the video Card or PSU as all the other wiring is hidden out of sight under the MB and elsewhere Worked fine before sorry I ever touched it Windows which ran on the other computer for months Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello techspot community new member here I am realy stuck at the moment I am having problems with the new computer that I built today Every time I start it up it just freezes at the startup screen where it says quot press freezing, computer build help New lt del gt for BIOS setup quot Occasionaly it would enter the bios setup screen before freezing there I really have no idea where the problem might be coming from The motherboard is brand new asus P N-D aswell as my processor intel core quad Q other parts include a dvd rewriter a hd a graphics card and a wifi pci card EDIT complete list of components Asus P N-D mobo Intel core quad q New build computer freezing, help XFX Nvidia geforce gt Kingston GB DDR MHz Dimm Ram HITACHI GB quot New build computer freezing, help PC SATA HARD DRIVE Sitecom wl- wireless pci card Sony Optiarc AD- S- B x DVDR Win Power W psu Please help any idea where the problem might be coming from how to fix it i will give more info if needed Thanks nbsp

A:New build computer freezing, help

Is your RAM new as well? Asus makes great boards but they are quite well known about being very picky about the RAM installed on each and every model of motherboard they make.

For each board model they have a recommended vendor list and the acceptable version for each memory manufacturer's inventory. For example Corsair makes several offerings but not all Corsair will be recommended for a particular motherboard model even if said RAM is DDR2 and it matches timings and voltage. Is this clear?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-computer-freezing-help.142382/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Folks I have recently built a new PC to be used primarily for gaming This is my first ever build and I have had a problem since the machine was built days ago First of all here is my part list PCPartPicker Sporadically PC Freezing New Build part list http uk pcpartpicker com p FHVdGX Price breakdown by merchant http uk pcpartpicker com p FHVdGX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - GHz Quad-Core New Build PC Freezing Sporadically Processor Aria PC Motherboard MSI H M-P V Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Scan co uk Memory Patriot Signature GB x GB DDR - Memory Amazon UK Storage Kingston HyperX K GB Solid State Drive Ebuyer Storage Seagate Barracuda TB RPM Internal Hard Drive Aria PC Video Card PowerColor Radeon R X GB TurboDuo Video Card CCL Computers Case Cooler Master N MicroATX Mid Tower Case CCL Computers Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Aria PC Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker - - BST I have also installed a Hitachi HDD and DVD writer from my old PC I am running windows I keep getting sporadic freezes this can be whilst playing a game or sometimes whilst just idling on windows desktop I have never had the BSOD just whatever is happening at the time freezes and remains that way until i hold the power button for a hard reset I have been trawling through posts of similar problems on this forum and others to look for help and solutions but so far nothing has stopped the freezing I cant see what is triggering the freeze as it seems to happen randomly whilst I am doing different things The troubleshooting I have tried so far I have stress tested CPU with Prime torture test in blend mode for hour and there was no freeze crash I have tested the GPU with Furmark for half an hour with no freeze crash I tested with Furmark and Prime at the same time for mins with no crash freeze I have tested the memory with the memory test built into windows the extended test for passes which took hours with no faults found I have tested the memory with memtest for passes which took days with no faults found Windows was originally installed to the SSD so I thought maybe it was a problem with the SSD I removed the SSD from the machine and re installed windows on to the Seagate HDD and the freezing persists I have performed several fresh installs of windows I have updated the BIOS on the motherboard to the latest on MSI website Installed all of the latest motherboard drivers from the MSI website Installed latest video card drivers from AMD website None of this has stopped the freezes from happening I have kind of exhausted everything I can think of and all of the advice I have read from other posts so any advice or help is really welcome I have included the logs from mini tool box below although this is after a recent install of Windows so there has only been a few crashes since the install One other thing that might be interesting is that who crashed shows no crash dump logs mini tool box shows unexpected shut down errors is that the shut down when I press the power button to reset This is my first build I am semi tech savvy but I am lost now I don't know where to go so thank you to anyone who can take a look and I will really appreciate some advice Thank you edwardss MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Chris administrator on - - at Running from C Users Chris Downloads Microsoft Windows Pro N X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Perflib User Description rdyboost Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity call in the System Writer Object Details AddLegacyDriverFiles Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol System Error Access is denied Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity call in the System Writer Object Details AddLegacyDriverFiles Unable to ... Read more

A:New Build PC Freezing Sporadically

Hi edwardss and
First make sure no errors exist in the Windows Device Manager. This can be done by opening the Device Manager and verifying that no "Other Devices" are listed and no device has any exclamation mark or red X.
If the temperatures are too high it can cause the computer to freeze.Also conflicting software or malware.I don`t know why you have chosen this so cheap motherboard for such a very good CPU and GPU.

Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552347/new-build-pc-freezing-sporadically/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently built a computer and have been having a problem with it freezing I boot it up and between and minutes it will freeze keyboard and mouse stop working and I have to do a hard reset I haven t been doing anything straining just searching the web or listening to music The keeps computer build New freezing steps I have taken to try and fix the problem are replacing the New computer build keeps freezing RAM which didn t change anything and uninstalling my netgear n wifi dual band usb adapter which helped a little the freezing only occurs every mins or so now I greatly appreciate any help you guys New computer build keeps freezing can offer me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A X EVO R Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone I Windows new Keeps build my using Freezing while recently built a PC for myself a few weeks ago The specs will be pasted below after the description of my problem While Windows Keeps Freezing while using my new build gaming surfing the web or running AutoCAD my PC just freezes up Windows Keeps Freezing while using my new build It has happened - times and I am not sure what is going on I did some research and I was advised to go to ASUS s QVL for my Motherboard and check the latency and recommended speed I followed the advised instructions but my PC froze again while playing a game I then tried Windows Keeps Freezing while using my new build running virus scans to see if this was the issue but I detected nothing I ran Windows Update but the problem still occurred The most significant recent change I did was upgrade my video card s drivers to NVIDIA s driver Could it be the voltage of my DDR Memory It is rated at V Below are the specs for my machine Any advice will be much appreciated Operating System MS Windows -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM G Skill Sniper GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN LGA C Graphics VS email protected MB GeForce GTX Ti ASUStek Computer Inc C Hard Drives GB M -CT M SSD ATA Device SATA-SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD AAKX- CA ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B L ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio PSU Corsair HX nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello dear Tech Guy friends I have recently build up a new PC that includes a year old GPU The parts that I used are as followed Motherboard GIGABYTE Z X-UD H bought last week CPU i k bought last week RAM x GB DDR Corsair Vengeance bought build GPU, New problems, PC CPU? up Freezing PSU or last week Fan Cooler Master Hyper bought last week GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX bought in expensive at Freezing problems, GPU, PSU or CPU? New PC build up the time PSU Master Cooler GX W bought in HDD Seagate ST DM TB MB Cache RPM bought last week Problem Windows freezes at load times or when under a small pressure example while downloading drivers When it manages to surpass the start up of Windows normally it does not seem to freeze while browsing through explorer with nothing running in the background internet explorer works but seems to respond very slowly on minimizing and maximizing its window but when running anything additional such as an installer download client or any software program it seems to completely freeze up rather quickly within Freezing problems, GPU, PSU or CPU? New PC build up several seconds but it does not shut down fans continue to spin I suppose this could relate to something overheating Could it be my GPU that I ve bought in Out of my BIOS the temperatures are as followed CPU Core Frequency to CPU Temperature C to C DDR Frequency to System Temperature C PCH Temperature C If anyone could help or give advice it would be very appreciated Edit I just took out my GPU and same problems persisted Now I m wondering if it could be the PSU or new HDD nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

My computer freezes every 20 mins or so, often every 5mins if running a bigger application. Have reseated the RAM sticks several times and when i do i can get it running for an hr or so before it freezes again. CPU stops running when it freezes. Error log shows error 6008 on most occassions that it freezes. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

CPU: AMD Phenom 2, 2.6GHZ Quad Core
MB: Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 2GB 1600MHZ (7 7 7 20)
VGA: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4550
PSU: Seasonic M12 600W

Thanks for your help in advance

A:New build freezing issues

Download a program called speedfan and check the temperatures of your cpu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-freezing-issues.831183/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I recently buit a new PC parts list here AMD FX- Sapphire Radeon R X NZXT Guardian RB - System Build - PCPartPicker and it worked flawlessly for a while until a few weeks ago Now any time I watch a stream build when Relatively certain freezing things new do i on twitch tv or a video on youtube Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things it will freeze sometimes I Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things get a blue screen but most of the time it just freezes and I have to hard reset The only errors I have found are kernel power errors in event viewer resulting from quot unexpected shutdown quot I also saw a few that said quot Cache hierarchy error quot but google results return nothing useful and I have been searching for Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things a fix for a long while Today it started crashing when I play league so its a priority to fix now I can work around the twitch tv crash by streaming through VLC Feel free to ask for whatever additional info you require any help is greatly appreciated

A:Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32778-relatively-new-build-freezing-when-i-do-certain-things.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a new build PC that I built back in December I have just recently last weeks or so started having issues where it is locking up sporadically and I can't pinpoint the issue OS - Windows Vista Windows Home x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system New Up Freezing Locking Build / New PC keeps Build Fresh Install Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Full Retail Version Age of system hardware - Months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - Months no CPU Intel Core i - K Haswell-E -Core GHz LGA -v W BX I K Desktop Processor Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB SSC GAMING ACX Whisper Silent Cooling w Free Installed Backplate Graphics Card G-P - -KR MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop ASRock ASRock Fatal ty Gaming Fatal ty X X Killer LGA -v Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop EVGA SuperNOVA G GOLD W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready Year Warranty Power Supply -G - -XR System Manufacturer N A Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom N A Laptop or Desktop Desktop

A:New Build PC keeps Freezing / Locking Up

Only 1 memory dump in the uploaded reports.If using a disk cleaning utility (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting. Your UEFI/BIOS (version P2.10) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.You have 4 hard drives.  As the PSU gets older, it's efficiency will decrease and it'll work harder to suppor the hardware that you have.In short, nothing to do - just keep an eye on it. If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.  i5 and i7 processors can be "auto-overclocked" by using Intel's TurboBoost feature.  If so, it's safe to disregard this caution.The lone memory dump looks to be either hardware,  an incompatibility, or a low-level driver problem.Please look at updating the older drivers in the list below (they're sorted in date order).Don't worry about the PxHlpa64.sys driver for now - it's usually fairly stable on most systems. Beyond that, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html  Analysis:The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis: **************************Sun Jun  5 19:34:32.202 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\060516-5359-01.dmp]Windows 10 Kernel Version 10586 MP (12 procs) Free x64Built by: 10586.306.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160422-1850System Uptime:1 days 20:57:34.953Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+18e8d )BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, A single DPC or ISR exceeded its time allotment. The offending    component can usually be identified with a stack trace.Arg2: 0000000000000501, The DPC time count (in ticks).Arg3: 0000000000000500, The DPC time allotment (in ticks).Arg4: 0000000000000000BUGCHECK_STR:  0x133DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTPROCESS_NAME:  SystemFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz"MaxSpeed:     3300CurrentSpeed: 3299  BIOS Version                  P2.10  BIOS Release Date             12/16/2015  Manufacturer                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASRock  Product Name                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.  Baseboard Product             X99X Killer¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616451/new-build-pc-keeps-freezing-locking-up/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all,
I have been grappling with my first home build for about two days now, everything seems to work beautifully except the system keeps freezing up entirely, only way to recover is to reset.I would think it was a windows issue except that the first time it happened was when I was working in the BIOS, before I installed windows. Upping the NB voltage from factory 1.1 setting to 1.2 seems to reduce frequency but not fix. Specs are below, thanks for any insight!

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 OC'd to 3.5
ASrock 870 Extreme 3 6gb/s USB 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
WD 1TB Caviar Black 7200 RPM 6gb/s
Sapphire Radeon HD5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB PCIE 2.0
LG 10X Blu-ray
XION Gold series 90+ 700W PSU

A:New/first build having problems with freezing

Have a look in Event Viewer and see what it reports for the crashes.

When you say the first time it frooze was before you installed windows, this suggests a hardware error.

This will most likely be the RAM or your graphics card.

Try running without the graphics card (if you have onboard graphics to use) and also try running with just one memory stick then swap to the other if no better.

I appreciate all your components are probably new but even some new stuff is faulty.

What OS are you using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-first-build-having-problems-with-freezing.161085/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently built a new computer with the following new components ASUS P Q Deluxe MB Intel E CPU ASUS CPU cooling tower Kinston DDR RAM x GB On approved list Seagate MB SATA HD PC Power and Cooling W PSU Pioneer D EIDE DVDR I also used the following used components which I removed from computer New up Build freezing a prior computer I built after the MB died Sapphire X XT Video card Logitech trackman wheel USB Logitech PS keyboard After installling WIN XP SP and the Drivers New Build computer freezing up utilities from the ASUS MB disc I started having freezing problems immediately The HD would show no activity and the mouse and keyboard would be unresponsive I could not get to the Task Manager with CNTRL ALT DLT Initially I installed all the ASUS drivers on the MB disc except the USB drivers not needed and only the ASUS probe utility On the second install only the chipset driver initially Still freezing up I tried to gradually install the soundmax then the marvell LAN and SATA then the engine power management drivers in different combinations Still froze up I also downloaded all Windows updates including SP and updated all drivers for all devices but still had freezing problems I reformatted and reinstalled Windows and reupdated without successfully solving the problem I tried uninstalling SP without help The case is completely open and ASUS Probe shows CPU temp and MB temp I took out all the memory modules except one in the A position and thought I had the problem solved but the freezing recurred Today I updated the BIOS to without a change in the symptoms The freezes occur randomly during loading of windows shut down and during use of the computer while on the internet I haven t loaded any games on the computer If I try to play ANY music whether it be on the HD or on a CD the computer will freeze within a minute I tried disabling the onboard sound in the BIOS and uninstalling the Soundmax drivers but the freezing keeps happening I haven t tested the memory yet as I can t seem to get the Windows memtest utility to run in the DVD on boot I have a memtest CD on order and will check the memory when it arrives I also installed a system monitor utility to be sure that there weren t any processes hogging resources and it showed all normal parameters I ve disbled it now I also did a hard disk check with the Windows utility and it found and corrected a couple of errors Interestingly I built another computer with exactly the same setup EXCEPT ASUS ATI Video card Creative Audigy Sound card PC Power and Cooling W PSU Logitech USB keyboard Original BIOS and I ve had ZERO problems I m leaning toward purchasing a sound card since the problem shows up more frequently when playing music ANY advice would be very welcome as I am truly at wit s end Mike

A:New Build computer freezing up

I think you are on the right track suspecting memory first.http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp You can burn that to CD and test your memory. I would pull out two sticks, leave 1 stick on each channel. Test, pull those sticks, replace with the other two and test again. You could have a bad stick, or a bad slot. It is a process of elimination tracking down a bad stick.After that, check the power supply voltage. Eventhough you have a very good power supply, problems can happen. I do wish you luck with that. I know first hand how frustrating it is when new builds act up.EDIT: All things being equal, you will always have more problems, be it with stability or with overclocking, when running 4X1 vs 2X2 memory setups.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178787/new-build-computer-freezing-up/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys and gals,
I recently built my own PC and things were going pretty well for at least 2 months. I am now getting the BSOD every 5 hours or so on NORMAL usage of my computer, e.g. browsing the web, word processing, etc. No excessive computer use at all. I am getting the following error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101613-50700-01.dmp
C:\Users\*myname*\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1898157-0.sysdata.xml

I have also attached the SF Diagnostic Tool File.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a bunch.

A:BSOD Randomly on Normal Usage of Custom Build

Welcome to the forum:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800e9e3028, be000000, 800400}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800e9e3028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000800400, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba8a98 fffff800`03401a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0e9e3028 00000000`be000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba8aa0 fffff800`02f96463 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0d85c820 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d85c870 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff800`00ba8ae0 fffff800`03401700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0d85c820 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff800`00ba8e00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff800`00ba8b40 fffff800`03401052 : fffffa80`0d85c820 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffffa80`0d85c820 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff800`00ba8c90 fffff800`03400f0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff800`00ba8ef0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff800`00ba8cd0 fffff800`033f4e88 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02ffae80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff800`00ba8d00 fffff800`02e7e4ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff800`00ba8d30 fffff800`02e7e313 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff880`04523bd4 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff800`00b9cb30 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : intelppm+0x2bd4

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCES... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308504-bsod-randomly-normal-usage-custom-build.html
Relevancy 47.3%

- bit - Windows Home Premium Retail Version I have attached the reports Hello everyone I have been having problems with my new build for a while now At first it was BSOD's randomly and I got a tech guy to come in and after testing the memory and hardrives he Randomly Problem Build Ongoing Freezes Computer New - said it must be the motherboard so I got a replacement from ASUS I put everythign back together and it STILL randomly freezes The problem is that is will randomly freeze more likely playing games but has happened just having Google Chrome open and if sound is on Computer Randomly Freezes New Build - Ongoing Problem it will loop through around a second of sound even if there was no sound I installed the latest firmware for my SSD and it was running fine for a while but it has started crashing again What I have done so far - Updated firmware for SSD - Uninstalled Norton Security as I saw suggested in threads - Installed all newer drivers from manufacturer's websites - Scanned my comp with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I have no idea what to do now so ANY advice is helpful right now thanks

A:Computer Randomly Freezes New Build - Ongoing Problem

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213944-computer-randomly-freezes-new-build-ongoing-problem.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows reports a variety of reasons for Bluescreens, from minidumps these being: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, BAD_POOL_HEADER, CUSTOM_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, and STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS TERMINATED. I also sometimes have issues booting into Windows, where the OS will load but all programs will immediately crash or similar. I'm immediately inclined to think it's a memory issue, but I ran a full memtest and found no errors so my suspicion is that it's caused by a faulty driver somewhere. However, I don't know how to analyse a dump file :/ Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.

All of this is under Windows 8.1, however I experienced identical errors under Windows 7.

Since my dump file collection is too large for the forum, I've put it on my google drive at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7h...it?usp=sharing

A:Variety of BSODs Randomly and Inconsistent Boot On New Build

Hi YawningAngel. 152 MBs means too large, but small for memory dumps. So assuming those are minidumps?

If so, let us see the most recent dumps only. Of the last week maximum.

Also fill up your system specs.
See your system specs and fill it up here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316053-variety-bsods-randomly-inconsistent-boot-new-build.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just finished a desktop build and have been getting a random BSOD I custom occurring BSOD on new build install Randomly purchased Randomly occurring BSOD on new install custom build a driver program thinking it would do a better job than I did manually DriverDoc It seemed fine for a couple of days after running that program but I ended up having BSOD events in the last two days Both were during the night when the computer was asleep and not being used I am not sure if I had muliple problems and DriverDoc solved most but not all or what I have run memtest and the memory showed no errors in passes I also ran Bluescreenview and all dumps involved ntoskrnl exe which from what I understand is fairly non-specific since all it tells me is it involves the kernel Any help would be appreciated Oh BTW when I first started the build I had just finished installing the OS and the motherboard would no longer boot into bios so I returned the motherboard and replaced it with the same model I do not know if something could have messed up the install as I did not start all over again I assume all of the specs I entered will be available for this post If not please let me know This is my first time posting to this forum

A:Randomly occurring BSOD on new install custom build

looks like you are correct there, just back up your files and do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378051-randomly-occurring-bsod-new-install-custom-build.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Guys,

I recently built my own computer. It was running great and still is, but its randomly crashed when using it. The first time I opened spotify and started a song and then it crashed, and this morning the same thing happened but with Borderlands 2. I started the game, not even loaded enough to get to the title screen, and the computer crashed. Here is my crash report, hopefully that will help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 18441

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFF8800C5F1000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800430EFA0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122413-2917-01.dmp
C:\Users\NutImNot\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-26192-0.sysdata.xml

Here is my SF Diagnostic folder:
If anyone could help me out that would be wonderful!

A:Newly Build Computer Crashes randomly (BCCode:d1)

From what i can make of the files that you uploaded; to me it appears that you could have one or more bad ram modules. Especially if it just bluescreens like that while playing games. Usually thats most likely caused by either bad hardware, ram, or corrupt system or game files. Try removing all ram sticks/modules; then start with one and go one by one to see if you get any after a particular number of modules. The number that it bluescreens at could mean either that module is bad and or possibly the slot on the motherboard is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316017-newly-build-computer-crashes-randomly-bccode-d1.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. I'm running windows 7 64 bit on a new home build system. Randomly getting BSOD.

Specs:
ASUS P6X58D-E
I7 980 3.33 GHz hex core
NVIDIA GTX 470
CORSAID Vengeance 24 GB (6x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD RAM (PC3 12800)
HD 600 GB Velociraptor (boot drive)
WD caviar 2 TB x 2 storage
WD caviar 1 TB x 2 RAID 0

I know the RAID array isn't working yet but I don't see why that would be the thing causing my BSOD.

I haven't overclocked anything yet.

Thanks for the help!

A:BSOD - new home build system. Randomly crashes.

Hi.

Update Intel Storage drivers.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...-bit*&lang=eng
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish with this step and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193172-bsod-new-home-build-system-randomly-crashes.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Well i just recently built a new computer i have replaced the MOBO and still have this problem I keep randomly freezing it could take mins it could take HRS i can run games fine and is triggered when i do absolutely nothing to trigger it No BSOD no errors in event New Error. Cache Frezeing Hierarchy randomly, build, viewer pre-crash Ran memtest on my sticks it came back no errors on passes each stick It works fine in safe mode and in BIOS no freezes there My event viewer gives me this error every minutes A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Corrected Machine Check Error Type Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error New build, Frezeing randomly, Cache Hierarchy Error. Source Corrected Machine Check Error Type Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Corrected Machine Check Error Type Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID ID and ID happen at the same time ID is rare I am NOT over clocked Could this be a hardware issue my voltage is - v - v and - v CPU Temps - MB temp - I have New build, Frezeing randomly, Cache Hierarchy Error. tried different windows CDs Could it be a PSU problem What puzzles me is if it is hardware why can i run safe mode with no freezes

A:New build, Frezeing randomly, Cache Hierarchy Error.

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221948-new-build-frezeing-randomly-cache-hierarchy-error.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hiya Hmm where to start About months ago my system started freezing after the screen saver kicked in I d have nothing but a blank screen my option for screen Randomly Freezing Xp saver and the only option I had Xp Randomly Freezing was a hard reset I ve have this system for years and has been pretty much bulletproof before this problem started I didn t think much about having to reset just thought that it was odd Two days passed computer was on and I had to hard reset again with a freeze at a blank screen Then it started freezing while working at the desktop no BSOD Xp Randomly Freezing s no warning just a hard lockup There are no events logged in the event viewer Power saving is set to presentation don t turn anything off I thought that maybe it was my RAM playing up as about Xp Randomly Freezing months before the problem started I added another gig of Ram I have since tested the Ram removed it reseated swapped etc the system still freezes I have purchased another PSU this did not help I upgraded the Motherboard BIOS once again no avail I reformatted my C partition and did a clean install of XP Pro Using the old drivers that were supplied at the time of purchase Still freezing Now to make things even more interesting The system will not freeze if I m playing a game I play Eve Online and if I leave this running the system will stay up If I alt tab back to the desktop and start moving copying files there s a big chance that the system will freeze Thinking heat was another factor I pulled the system apart and gave it a good cleaning Heat doesn t seem to be an issue as I have the side of the case off and the room is airconditioned I ve disabled all the motherboard onboard features ie LAN Audio RAID USB etc to no avail once again the system will still freeze It might take seconds or as long as minutes before it does but it ll still do it Oh I also replaced the nVidia with an ATI XT and yes you guessed it the system will still freeze I ve run memtest mbm etc I ve even added brand new sata hard drives I needed more storage anyway and done a clean install of XP Pro So I highly doubt it s a bootsector virus or anything along those lines System P e Prescott - temp reported via Bios ASUS P C -E Deluxe Motherboard Latest Bios Installed PSU Thermaletake Butterfly Watts XFX nVidia GT Lastest Drivers gig x DDR PC Kingston Value Ram xPaired x gig Western Digital Sata Hard Drives Everything else is on the motherboard Oh yes the system will still freeze in Safe Mode I really tried everything I can think of besides a motherboard cpu replacement I ve ordered new parts for a new system I ll be building as I can t put up with these freezes any longer But I d love to find out what is going on and hopefully keep this system as a back-up Any ideas are welcome once I have the new system built I ll be able to play about a little more in trying to locate this problem Thanks for your time Regards Kozza

A:Xp Randomly Freezing

everest home freehttp://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.htmlin the computer section, there's an overclock part that shows how your memory is running(cas and bus speeds)use report at the top, quick report, plain txtthis partCPU Speed: CPU Clock 2249.95 MHz CPU Multiplier 9.0x CPU FSB 249.99 MHz (original: 200 MHz, overclock: 25%) Memory Bus 249.99 MHz CPU Cache: L1 Code Cache 64 KB (Parity) L1 Data Cache 64 KB (ECC) L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed) Motherboard Properties: Motherboard ID 63-1408-000001-00101111-063005-K8T800P$A0036001_BIOS DATE: 06/30/05 17:34:14 VER: 08.00.09 Motherboard Name Asus A8V Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394) Chipset Properties: Motherboard Chipset VIA K8T800Pro, AMD Hammer Memory Timings 2.5-4-4-10 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) Command Rate (CR) 1T SPD Memory Modules: DIMM1: Micron Tech. 256 MB PC4000 DDR SDRAM (2.5-4-4-10 @ 250 MHz) (2.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) DIMM2: Micron Tech. 256 MB PC4000 DDR SDRAM (2.5-4-4-10 @ 250 MHz) (2.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136296/xp-randomly-freezing/
Relevancy 46.87%

I notice someone else had a similar problem and can see that his is fixed and am hoping you can help me I posted on another help site but they haven t been that helpful My computer just randomly freezes at first XP freezing randomly is I thought it may be the graphics and so swapped the card but it still froze so that cannot be the problem Running windows XP home SP I built the computer in October and had a nasty virus and re-installed windows about months ago but otherwise I haven t had a problem Here is a copy of the HijackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxdiserv exe C WINDOWS system lxdicoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Marvell xx Apache bin Apache exe XP is randomly freezing C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Marvell xx Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files XP is randomly freezing AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ZSSnp exe C WINDOWS Domino exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiNap AiNap exe C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiGear CpuPowerMonitor exe C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite EnergySaving PwSave exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdimon exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdiamon exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run ZSSnp C WINDOWS ZSSnp exe O - HKLM Run Domino C WINDOWS Domino exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run Ai Nap quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiNap AiNap exe quot O - HKLM Run CPU Power Monitor quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiGear CpuPowerMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpu Level Up help C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite CpuLevelUpHelp exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Energy Saving quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite EnergySaving PwSave ex... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

so this started a couple days ago not sure exactly what i Xp up keeps freezing randomly--Help! My was doing on the pc anyway whenever im watching a movie on the internet or playing a game my computer freezes up When it freezes the My Xp keeps freezing up randomly--Help! programs will suddenly stop and i cant alt-ctrl-delete my way out of it i can move My Xp keeps freezing up randomly--Help! my mouse around but i cannot click anything if there was a sound in progress usually during a freeze it will repeat over and over Ultimately i have to reboot the system and after it comes on my computer will vary anywhere to within a hour before freezing again Never had My Xp keeps freezing up randomly--Help! this issue before so i tried a dozen of anti viruses but nothing works even cleaned the registry still freezes actually in the middle of typing this it froze anyway heres the hijack log Im a newbie so any advice is welcomeLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files D-Tools daemon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO no name - b a d- f - -af c- f d abe - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Up... Read more

A:My Xp keeps freezing up randomly--Help!

Hello,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zip MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs, as this process may crash your computer.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double click on Gmer to run it.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.You may see a rootkit warning window, If you do, click No.Untick the following boxes on the right side of the Gmer screen.SectionsIAT/EATFilesShow AllClick on and wait for the scan to finish.If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.Push and save the logfile to your desktop.Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txt Gmer logThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294576/my-xp-keeps-freezing-up-randomly-help/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there I randomly keeps PC freezing was watching a media file the other night when all of a sudden the screen become distorted then turned bright white The pc stopped responding and I had to force a shut PC keeps randomly freezing down I restarted the computer only to find that I was now getting an error beep after trying a few more times to turn it back on sometimes it would start and other times just give me the error beep I have tried looking for settings in the bios this also freezes PC keeps randomly freezing although it just seems to be the screen as I can still hit F then yes and the computer reboots If I can get into windows it will only run for a couple of mins before freezing I have since then borrowed an old gt from a friend and tried that and the computer runs perfectly for hours on end My graphics card is a XFX gx and is being powered by a Corsair HX watt psu so I don t think the PSU is the problem Does this sound like the graphics card is the problem thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-keeps-randomly-freezing.790331/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I ve been experiencing problems with my PC randomly freezing up today randomly freezing PC up During this time everything simply stops working I can t move the mouse cursor and ctrl-alt-delete does nothing and the only way to get it working again is by restarting the PC manually Before this happened I had noticed that for a week or so everytime I turned off my computer I got a BSOD for a second just before it fully shut off But I didn t think much of it because it PC randomly freezing up wasn t effecting anything else It s also worth noting that this only began happening about minutes after I set up my new wireless internet connection on the computer - but I can t PC randomly freezing up see how this could be the cause of the problem It s a new PC just two months old and built for gaming I m using windows XP -bit SP GB of ram but can only use GB with my -bit OS a Gigabyte motherboard Nvidia GT video card and an Intel Q CPU

A:PC randomly freezing up

"After the fact" does not equate to "because of the fact" (rough translation of "Post Hoc non est Propter Hoc")
but sometimes there is a relationship.

To diagnose, it would be helpful if you would attach some BSOD minidumps.

They are found here... %Windows%\Minidump.
Attach a few of the most recent (look at the date/time information).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260842/pc-randomly-freezing-up/
Relevancy 46.87%

My PC has been randomly freezing since i built it i m on it now so hopefully i don t freeze The keyboard is unresponsive i try caps lock and the light doesn t go on forcing me restart the PC I cleaned out my case and found that my Motherboard is Snapped a little and i see lines go through it well i think they are Randomly PC Freezing. See Picture Below On the bottom left marked in red I think my best bet is to eliminate the problem but that s gonna be quite hard PC Randomly Freezing. looking for parts to test with have a psu i can test on it but not a graphics card My specs e GA-EP -DS GB Corsair RAM checked with PC Randomly Freezing. memtest work fine XFX XXX gts MB ASTRA is showing problems saying that the drivers arn t working or something like that Corsair PC Randomly Freezing. HX Need to test Temps all fine nothing over C on normal internet usage Please Help Haven t been able to play games for a decent amount of time for a while Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

My desktop (Cadmium on http://xenon.jesterpm.net/~brandond/sys) has been randomly freezing over the last 2 days, which is bad enough. Here's the weird thing: only some windows freeze. The active window remains functional, as well as sidebar and the clock, until they're clicked. Then the only thing that works is the cursor... which is of no use. Every time, since task manager doesn't work, I need to do a hard shutdown, and at times, the system refuses to boot.Anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening? I tried a restore point, but it didn't do anything except wipe a few of the programs I installed recently.

A:Randomly Freezing

*bump*

This is kinda important... anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263582/randomly-freezing/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I m trying to fix a laptop that belongs to a friend of mine I thought it would be a quick fix but I ve had no luck Sometimes it freezes up right away sometimes it last as long as minutes But it does fine in Safe Mode So i don t believe its a hardware issue Here is the HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCSpt exeC Program Files x Sony Media Gallery ElbServer exeC Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exeC Program Files x U S Cellular Broadband Connect AvqAutorun exeC Program Files x Common Files Sony Shared SOHLib SHTtray exeC Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exeC Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exeC Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exeC Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Personalization Manager VpmIfPav exeD Freezing Win 7 Randomly HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com ref hpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Win 7 Randomly Freezing http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Win 7 Randomly Freezing Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Win 7 Randomly Freezing Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SmartWiHelper quot C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe quot WindowsStartupO - HKLM Run PMBVolumeWatcher C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exeO - HKLM Run E AE B A-A F-AA F- E -A E BAE b quot C Program Files x U S Cellular Broadband Connect AvqAutoRun exe quot quot C Program Files x U S Cellular Broadband Connect mPhonetools exe quot OnPlug sO - HKLM Run SHTtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Sony Shared SOHLib SHTtray exeO - HKCU Run Elbserver C Program Files x Sony Media Gallery ElbServer exe StayO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Global Startup VAIO Messenger lnk C Program Files x DDNi Oasis Delay exeO - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en E C EA E B dll cmsidewiki htmlO - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dllO - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dllO - Extra butto... Read more

A:Win 7 Randomly Freezing

I fixed it.......
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372802/win-7-randomly-freezing/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi, p.c. specs=
http://attachments.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=102134&stc=1&d=1175452030
syst info 2.gif
p.c. will randomly freeze everything, including the on/off power button; i must physically unplug the cord from back, plug it back in, & only then will it re-boot; then everything works fine for several days. i did a chkdisk, & defrag; ran adaware & norton system scan, no problems; scannow said .dll file missing or corrupted, necessary file. this has been a recurring problem for appr 2 months (maybe more?), but seems more frequent now, & getting very annoying at this point! hope u can help! i am not an expert by any means, but can troubleshoot many minor to moderate issues; i can't handle this one hope u can help!

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I've been registered Randomly Freezing? to these forums for who knows how long Just recently I've had a recurring problem with my computer Every - minutes everything would just stop responding no mouse no keyboard I'm pretty sure this isn't a hardware problem because my heatsink seems to be alright and my CPU temperature is normal Also the laptop I have is relatively new I have Randomly Freezing? tried defragging Randomly Freezing? spyware scan registry cleaning etc Here are my computer specs and a HijackThis log if it will help any Intel Centrino Duo Core Processers Windows XP Home Edition Gig RAM GB HDD Integrated Graphics CardLog Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Randomly Freezing? Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files LClock LClock exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files RK Launcher RKLauncher exe C Program Files StorageSync StrgSync exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files LClock lclock exe C Program Files SearchSpy SearchSpyMenu exe C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Documents and Settings Adam Desktop Games Z sys exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO DAPHelper Class - CC -ACF - cac-A A -DD E - C Program Files DAP DAPBHO dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - no file O - BHO URLLink - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll O - BHO no name - F - FB - B- -E E - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class... Read more

A:Randomly Freezing?

Please download LspFix from here: http://cexx.org/lspfix.htmPlace it in its own folder.You probably will not need it, but go ahead and download it just in case you lose Internet access during the NewDotNet uninstall.Now go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs On the list of Currently Installed Programs, look for and, if found, uninstall the following by selecting the entry and clicking on Remove: NewDotNetNext, search for and delete the following folders (bold):C:\Program Files\NewDotNetIf NewDotNet is not found in Add or Remove Programs, go here: http://www.newdotnet.com/removal.htmlScroll to the bottom of the page to Procedure 4 and then download and run the New.Net removal tool.Restart the computer.Only (probably will not happen at all), if you lose your Internet connection after running the NewDotNet removal tool, then, do the following:-Unzip and run LSPFix-Disconnect from the Internet and close all Internet Explorer Windows-Check: 'I know what I'm doing'-Select all traces of: NewDotNet -Click the right-pointing arrows and move all instances of NewDotNet (nothing else) to the Remove pane -Click the 'Finished' button -Restart the computer~~~~Next, download AVG Anti-Spyware:http://www.ewido.net/en/download/Locate the icon on the Desktop and double-click it to launch the program. Now, update the definition files:On the main screen select Update, and then select the Update Now link. Next, select the Start Update button (The update starts and a progress bar shows the updates installed.)Once the update completes select: Scanner (the top of the screen) Select the Settings tab Once in the Settings screen click on: Recommended actionsSelect: QuarantineUnder: Reports, select: Automatically generate report after every scan Un-Select: Only if threats were foundClose AVG AS for now. ~~~~Run HijackThis, ScanCheck box for:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {41D68ED8-4CFF-4115-88A6-6EBB8AF19000} - (no file)O2 - BHO: URLLink - {4A2AACF3-ADF6-11D5-98A9-00E018981B9E} - C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet7_22.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {598F4775-6FB6-477B-9842-E0426824E077} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)Select: Fix checked~~~~Now, reboot to Safe Mode :-Restart your computer. -When the machine first starts again, tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. -Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.-Press Enter to boot into Safe Mode. ~~~~Then, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options In the General tab under: Temporary Internet Files, click: Delete CookiesUnder: Temporary Internet Files, also click: Delete FilesPlace a check by: Delete Offline Content when the prompt appearsClick OK.Next, go to Start > Run and enter: cleanmgrClick: OKSelect the drive to clean: C:\Check the following boxes and then press OK to remove: Temporary FilesTemporary Internet FilesRecycle BinAgree to the prompt to perform the action...~~~~Still in Safe Mode, launch AVG ASSelect: Scanner (at the top) Select the Scan tab Click on: Complete System ScanAVG AS begins the scanning process, and it may take a while.Please do not open any other windows or programs while AVG AS is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning process!!Once the scan is complete, AVG AS lists any infections found. It also automatically sets the recommended action. Click: Apply all actions AVG will then display: All actions have been appliedNext select: Reports (at the top) Select: Save report as (lower left of the screen) Save the report to a text file in a location where you can find it!Close AVG AS. ~~~~Restart the computer.~~~~Please provide the following:The AVG AS reportA new HijackThis log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77509/randomly-freezing/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi i am having this problem with my computer and it is really annoying me.
I just purchased a new motherboard a ASUS p5K
The problem that i am having is that evry time i listen to music randmly there are glitches like pauses and the sound sometimes gets robotic or goes slow motion.
Also when i turn my computer on the first program i open dont matter which one it is the computer goes really slow for about 10 minutes, the mouse runs like slow motion.

Here are my Specs.
Motherboard ASUS pk5
Socket Designation LGA775
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
Supported Voltage 1.3 v
External Clock 200 MHz
Max Speed 3800 MHz
Current Speed 3200 MHz
Memory Type DDR2 (Buffalo Select) PC2 5300 u-55
Installed Size 1024 MBytes x2 total (2GB Ram)
Current Speed 667 MHz
Sound card EMU 0404
Video card NVIDIA GeForce 7300SE/7200GS

does any one have an idea what might be causing this. =(

A:PC randomly freezing

do you onboard sound or a sound card?

have you tried updating you sound drivers?

Dan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-freezing.88458/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any ideas why my system keeps randomly crashing freezing hanging etc whatever term you choose for it It happens quite frequently and by that I mean at least twice a day Sometimes it can go for long periods in the day with it running fine then sometimes it can happen over and over in a short period Sometimes it can happen whilst in the middle of using the computer on other occassions I could be away from pc and when I come back find it has froze Also sometimes the pc turns itself on this doesn t occur often I run spybot ad-awareSE ccleaner quite often and delete what it finds Anyways I m not sure what other info I need to tell you about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition AMD Athlon tm XP Freezing Pc Randomly MB RAM I have ran Highjackthis and below is the results Is there a problem in there Or would a problem be elsewhere I d be very grateful for some help from anyone Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Pc Randomly Freezing Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Pc Randomly Freezing ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Generic USB Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings David Smith Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blueyonder co uk broadband R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www blueyonder co uk dial R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by blueyonder R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http webcache blueyonder co uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run Disk Monitor C Program Files Generic USB Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX ... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Grr this is so annoying man!

I have built a pc with the components below, But the screen often freezes and I am not able to find the reason. Are using win 7. Is there a mismatch between the component i have chosen or is there anyone who can help me?

My specifications:
Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Midi Tower
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3, Socket -Demo
Gainward GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB
Cooler Master GX 750W PSU
ASUS DVD Writer, DRW-24B5ST
Seagate Barracuda? 1TB
Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Sport VLP 8GB KIT
AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor

A:PC randomly freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you updated all the drivers from the components vendors websites?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321590-pc-randomly-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have reviewed some posts about these HP laptops freezing but none seem to be doing the same as mine. It boots ok and will work without a problem but appears to randomly freeze resulting in me having to reboot and then it will work ok. It did have Norton installed previously and I am now using BitDefender 2013. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and have 8GB RAM, it's an Intel i5.

Any advice as to what this might be would be gratefully received as it's doing this much more often now.

Relevancy 46.87%

can someone please help me soon i have got hijack this Can Keeps Randomly Please Someone Freezing, Help? but i need advice on what to do to make my system all nice Keeps Randomly Freezing, Can Someone Please Help? again can someone please help me im gettin really tired of it all Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exeC Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system WgaTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Warez P P Client warez exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC WINDOWS system LVComsX exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME Gareth LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mamma com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SP Connection Patcher quot C Program Files SP Connection Patcher SP ConnPatcher exe quot -n O - HKCU Run warez quot C Program Files Warez P P Client warez exe quot -hO - HKCU Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot MinimizedO - HKCU Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot WinStartO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeO - Global Startup AutoUpdate Monitor lnk C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exeO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary Messe nt cab cabO - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineS er cab cabO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D C... Read more

A:Keeps Randomly Freezing, Can Someone Please Help?

Hello and welcome to BC.

Sorry for the delayed response. Forums are really busy. If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54688/keeps-randomly-freezing-can-someone-please-help/
Relevancy 46.87%

Well guys this one officially has me stumped after almost months of having problems and replacing almost randomly freezing PC every major part of hardware on the PC I have come to the conclusion that its got to be something besides RAM HDD VC or CPU and I just dont seem to be able to put my finger on it I have read through several other posts on this forum and found alot of people having similar problems but nothing that directly relates to the one I am having With all that being said I will see if I can discribe the issue to the best of my ability ok so what actually is happening is at random times the PC will freeze with no paticular program running I have had it freeze while running Internet Explorer Call Of Duty CorelDRAW PC freezing randomly X rFactor Ghostbusters Batman Arkham Asylum Warhammer K Dawn Of War II Windows Media Player Nero Ultimate Adobe Photoshop CS and in general Windows XP Pro SP while on the desktop I have tried running Memtest for hours with errors I have also run the stress tests with PassMark Performance Test Prime DMark FurMark and BurnIN all which run full tests and give accurate readings for the specs of the PC and no errors Now thats not the part that truely has me stumped what gets me is when running Speedfan my readings for the - V and - V are in the positive and the same can be said for Everest as well with the - V reading at V to V and the - V reading at V to V which I know they should be reading well below that but even with all of the fans and non-essential drives plugged in it is still reading like that these readings are coming off of a OCZ Stealth W PSU and prior to this freezing the stats were reading alot lower for those two pipes now I know this clearly indicates that the PSU is bad but when I check the voltages with a multimeter they are within normal operating levels which is the part that really floors me I mean I doubt that the motherboard could have that much draw but damn thats alot of power being sucked out of the PSU with no reason for it anyone else have any ideas on what it could be Thanks KRK nbsp

A:PC freezing randomly

We will need to know more about your system... Brand and model, or motherboard and configuration.

Strange problems that sometimes work. Replace the CMOS battery CR2032. Removing the heat sink to remove and replace the thermal past with the thinnest possible layer... as too much thermal paste acts as an insulator.
Others have had problems with the OCZ Stealth in higher speed units. Works well in normal computer installs, so you might want to try a test with a different power supply that is not OCZ and Not Antec... Perhaps Seasonic, FSP Group, Corsair...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezing-randomly.139946/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, ive been searching around this category "Crashes and Debugging" and it seems noone has this problem like me. So I have installed Windows 7 and everytime i start the pc, it goes into windows and the taskbar freezes. I cant click it at all. The solution all the time (): ctrl+alt+delete and esc or cancel. Is not a major problem, but is very annoying. It is not a BSOD or anything else related to these threads, is just annoying. I tried all the solutions from whole google, same thing and same thing. Sometimes stopped from freezing one hour , then again started. Please give me some solutions, any process to stop..blabla. Ive tried msconfig too, same ........

A:Randomly Freezing

is it happening in safe mode? Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96438-randomly-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So it all started to happen few days ago My pc started to randomly freeze and after freeze freezing is PC randomly i got windows has recovered from crash message Under details it said reason for PC is randomly freezing crash was bsod with code First thing i thought is that the reason is some kind of hardware issue So i ran memtest everything was fine Then i ran prime but prime worked fine and pc didn't froze I noticed that pc doesn't freeze in safe mode so i thought it must be a software issue but verifier and sfc scan gave no results Today it started to freeze in safe mode too Also my external hdd and usb sometimes don't get recognized And at last it sometimes takes a restart or two to even run the pc properly monitor doesn't turn on nothing is going on only fans are spinnin So what is it Is it PSU issue Or maybe cpu issue How to even determine what is it EDIT Attached two minidumps from today's crashes

A:PC is randomly freezing

If you are overclocking anything, reset everything to defaults. Go into bios and set optimized defaults. Set your ram timings, frequency and voltage to manufacturer's specs, set the boot order save and exit. 0X124 is a general hardware fault but is not very specific. If you have temp monitoring programs keep a watch on the CPU temp and GPU temps. If you don't have programs, you can use Core Temp for the CPU and MSI Afterburner for your GPU. Afterburner is an overclocking software for the Gpu, but it has good monitoring features. You said you ran memtest, how long did you run it? It needs to be run 1 stick at a time in each slot for 8 full passes. Each pass has 10 tests and each pass tests something different. It will take several hours to run 8 passes, best to run overnight. Also run Furmark, but keep close watch on GPU temps and shut it down if they get too high. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark. Let us know how everything goes.

If you continue having problems, read and follow this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and start a thread in http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/ Putting the file resulting from the test above in your first post. You should also go to C:/Windows/minidump copy that folder and paste it on your desktop (you'll have to provide admin permissions) right click the file on your desktop, select send to and click compressed zip folder. Upload that along with the Seven Forums diagnostic report zip file.

EDIT: I have requested this post be moved to the BSOD help forum, linked to above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294671-pc-randomly-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear.

I like to ask about my PC problem.

I have PC with P4 CPU 3.0GHz, 3GB Mem and install Win 7 Ultimate 32Bit.
It was working properly since January till now.
Last week my PC was start freezing and needed to manually restart.
I came and see this forum then installed MSE software from Microsoft and
scanned it. Found out some virus and my PC working properly nearly 1
week. Before MSE install, i have Avira and now using both.
Now I faced the same problem yesterday and all the time today.
Its freezing random order and make me annoyed.

So I like to know about the problem and how to fix it.

Please kindly help me how to check the problem and how to trace.
Is there any hardware problem or Windows problem?

How to diagnose this problem?

Pls kindly help me.

Yours.

A:My PC is randomly Freezing

Quote: Originally Posted by kokop

Dear.

I like to ask about my PC problem.

I have PC with P4 CPU 3.0GHz, 3GB Mem and install Win 7 Ultimate 32Bit.
It was working properly since January till now.
Last week my PC was start freezing and needed to manually restart.
I came and see this forum then installed MSE software from Microsoft and
scanned it. Found out some virus and my PC working properly nearly 1
week. Before MSE install, i have Avira and now using both.
Now I faced the same problem yesterday and all the time today.
Its freezing random order and make me annoyed.

So I like to know about the problem and how to fix it.

Please kindly help me how to check the problem and how to trace.
Is there any hardware problem or Windows problem?

How to diagnose this problem?

Pls kindly help me.

Yours.

It is a bad practice to run two anti-virus. They all interact with the operating system in similar ways at similar places and tend to conflict badly. Please remove avira and retest. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89596-my-pc-randomly-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Recently my PC has taken to freezing every now and again. Sometimes once per day, sometimes more, occasionally twice in quick succession. Each time I'm not doing anything noteworthy, just browsing the web, watching a video, listening to music etc. The screen just freezes, I can't do anything at all. After pressing the restart button I checked the event viewer and nothing out of the ordinary in there. I don't really know what other information to post as I have no idea what's causing this. I have a good piece of software that gives me a detailed summary of my system though, so if you need specific information the chances are I can find it. I haven't done anything dramatic to my computer recently, aside from updating my GFX card drivers, except I'm fairly sure I had a crash before I updated them, so I don't think that's the cause. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

John

A:PC Randomly Freezing

hi, click press ctrl + alt + del to access the task manager. then click process and tell me how many processes are running and also what is using the most main memory ie ram. if you click the memory usage text twice it will organise the processes that are using the most memory. Also click on start then msconfig and then click the start up tab and uncheck any unnecessary programs and reboot pc. you can also try right clicking on you hard drive usually c and click properties and then click tools tab and click check now and check the two boxes.

try these first then we can thin of more things. Also post your system spec that will help me alittle or another great expert in this forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-randomly-freezing-279774.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Sorry if i sound like a noob, i don't really know much about computers. I have an Hp "pavilian m6" running windows 7. I bought it in August 2012. If you need more info let me know. Anyway it keeps freezing up randomly and won't un-freeze. I either have to restart it or just close the screen and wait a while and it will restart itself. So i guess either way it's getting turned off. This just started happening this week and it's really annoying. Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Help. Freezing randomly.

Hey.

Has anything chagned this past week. in regards to, installtion of new programmes\Driver updates? Anti Virus?

How often does it Crash?

Perhaps try booting up in Safe Mode, (Turn computer on, start tapping F8 straight, then select Safe mode) And see if we can replicate the issue in there.

If in safe mode, everything seems fine. then it could well be driver related.

Do you ever get a blue screen?. As it could be an issue with RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273533-help-freezing-randomly.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there My first post here so I should apologize in advance for my not-so-good English but the tech support randomly freezing PC in PC randomly freezing my country was unable to help me with my problem Here it is I bought a new PC a few months ago and after using it for a week or two it started to freeze randomly And I mean PC randomly freezing REALLY randomly It happens when I browse the internet using Firefox Chrome no matter when I watch videos PC randomly freezing YouTube movies on GOM Player when I check my e-mail when I play games and in fact - any time that I do anything It happens like once a day but sometimes it's once or twice a week A few times it happened two times in one day Then I had no problems for a week or two I can never see it coming The freeze itself does not show BSOD or black screen It just freezes the last picture and sometimes the last sound that forms a buzz I installed a new sound card it was the motherboard sound that was forming the loud buzz and the buzz now happens on rare occasions only and it's not that loud anymore if it happens at all That's one of the reasons I think I have a motherboard problem but from what I read from the internet and I've read A LOT - people with the same problem had tried almost everything but no one ever posted how did they fix the problem so I hope you'll be able to help me with this I'm kinda desperate right now I gotta say I reinstalled fresh copy on wiped hard drive a few weeks ago and the problem is still happening I kept only essential programs at first but it didn't matter I have the same programs on my office PC that runs the same type of Windows and it's no problems there But it's not the same hardware either I also have no issues with temperatures or overheating My GPU should be EXTREMELY overloaded hours of BF on MAX to go to degrees Celsius The CPU rarely goes above - degrees and even if I'm just browsing I've installed the latest drivers after the Windows reinstall I have a genuine Norton Internet Security for anti-virus not some cracked stuff and I'm not a dumb person when it comes to software I have no viruses I don't use suspicious programs I don't click random links and I don't believe I've won the Microsoft lottery that Nigerian prince wants to give me million dollars and that I can enlarge my manhood with easy steps So I really hope you can help me out with this Here's a link to my Speccy snapshot Tell me if you need anything else and thanks in advance http speccy piriform com results s SliynXHvBzGTHz

A:PC randomly freezing

Sorry, I didn't attach the required files. Here they are.

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? - Earlier version of Win7 SP1
? Retail
? Age of system (hardware) - 9 months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Less than a month, yes.

? CPU - Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
? Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 6800
? MotherBoard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H77M-D3H
? Power Supply - 550W, not really sure about the brand...

Desktop PC, assmbled with different brands.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-randomly-freezing-681563.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone I m trying to fix a laptop that belongs to a friend of mine I thought it Freezing.... Randomly would be a quick fix but I ve had no luck Sometimes it freezes up right Randomly Freezing.... away sometimes it last as long as minutes But it does fine in Safe Mode So i don t believe its a hardware issue Here is the HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCSpt exe C Program Files x Sony Media Gallery ElbServer exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files x U S Cellular Broadband Connect AvqAutorun exe C Program Files x Common Files Sony Shared SOHLib SHTtray exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility Randomly Freezing.... ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Personalization Manager VpmIfPav exe D HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com ref hp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SmartWiHelper quot C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe quot WindowsStartup O - HKLM Run PMBVolumeWatcher C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe O - HKLM Run E AE B A-A F-AA F- E -A E BAE b quot C Program Files x U S Cellular Broadband Connect AvqAutoRun exe quot quot C Program Files x U S Cellular Broadband Connect mPhonetools exe quot OnPlug s O - HKLM Run SHTtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Sony Shared SOHLib SHTtray exe O - HKCU Run Elbserver C Program Files x Sony Media Gallery ElbServer exe Stay O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Global Startup VAIO Messenger lnk C Program Files x DDNi Oasis Delay exe O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en E C EA E B dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra butt... Read more

A:Randomly Freezing....

Last night while in safe mode i did full scans with SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes', and CCleaner.
They didn't find anything. I also did a "SFC /scannow" and it said everything was fine.

When I started up windows normally i was able to do quick scans before it froze and they didn't find anything......

Any other programs i could try?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-freezing.973903/
Relevancy 46.87%

Around a month ago a formatted my HDD soon after windows started doing this freezing thing which is infurating me now Randomly my computer can be totally idle the computer freezes and I am unable to revive it in any way Everything stays on the screen as it Pro freezing randomly. XP was at the time of freezing but i cannot do anything The only way i have found to remedy this is to pull the power cable out of the back of the computer thusly restarting it This problem happens - times a day i have been keeping a log and it is random I have run AVG virus Adaware and Spybot S D many times and they dont fix it XP Pro freezing randomly. This computer was overclocked when it was made not by me and XP Pro freezing randomly. perhaps formatting it has affected the overclocking in some way I have also checked temperatures using speedfan and nothing abnormal shows Rough system spec is as follows CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-K NS Pro PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce AMD Hammer System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM Video Adapter RADEON SERIES MB Disk Drive ST AS GB RPM SATA Another side issue is that i am frequently quot softlocking quot during WoW though the system freezing issue is much more pertinent Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated

A:XP Pro freezing randomly.

Check Device Manager and see if you have any red or yellow flagged devices, indicating hardware conflicts.

Are you using any kind of "disk mounting" / virtual drive software such as Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, etc...

Sometimes these can cause or be involved in problems.

Any data corruption damage caused by overclocking should have been fixed by the format/re-install, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Are you certain you have your system properly configured, meaning memory timings in particular. If you haven't perused the BIOS, it might be worthwhile to check if you have non-default timings, voltages etc... Is it possible your CPU is default-clocked, but you memory is still screaming ?

I assume your CPU is single core. If it's a dual-core, did you install AMD's dual-core patch/optimizer ?

Re-read the post. When you say "was" overclocked, does this mean "is" still overclocked ? Or did it get set back to factory spec? If you don't know, you should check for sure because freezing is a classic sign of a system overclocked past it's limits.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-freezing-randomly-123671.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi! My computer is just freezing and I can't seem to determine a cause. At best, when I come back after being away for a couple hours I know it happens every time. But there are also times when it just feezes when I am using Chrome.

I have Bitdefender total security running, did a full system scan and it found nothing.

I also downloaded a lot of spyware programs but they didn't help either.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. 64 bit. SP 1

Intel Core i7 2.0Ghz

8GB Ram
Thank you so very much!!

Relevancy 46.87%

K so I have everything working fine everything is connected and installed the only things i haven t put in are the floppy drive and the little speaker however the first time i started into windows and every time after it suddenly freezes at a random point whether at the welcome screen or a few seconds after it s loaded AFTER the welcome screen any help Not sure how to check the temperature but if it has anything to do with the numbers that appear on the new build problems freezing on System motherboard they re usually at around But the system is quite cool compared to otehr computers I ve had it s got mm and mm case fans plus the processor VC and the PS fans I d say heat s not the problem here are my specs Motherboard EVGA nForce SLI Socket Processor Intel Core Quad Q Ghz MB OS Vista Premium -bit RAM OCZ SLI MB PC DDR MHz x HD WD Caviar System freezing problems on new build Green TB MB SATA- G PS Apevia ATX - IB W-GN Iceberg W Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX Core MB nbsp

A:System freezing problems on new build

We meet again! Did you install the EVGA chipset drivers for the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-freezing-problems-on-new-build.134786/
Relevancy 46.87%

Running Win XP Pro SP3
AMD Anthalon 64 X2 5200+
MSI K9N6PGM2-V motherboard
Seagate SATA 500gb HDD
Kingston PC2-5300 667mgz 2gb RAM
HP DVD1040 Lightscribe DVD-R

All brand new pieces. Installed windows just fine. Proceeded to install programs.
NOD32 antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-malware, AC3 filter, XVID, Winamp, Nero 7, WinRAR, VLC, and Utorrent. All installed just fine and PC re-started every time without issue. Now any time I try to run a program, either to watch a movie with VLC to burn a CD with nero, the PC freezes.

I re-set all my connections. Cleaned the RAM DIMMS and connections. And have started to run MemTest86. I started with memtest3.5 but it froze up on me 3 times. After reading on google I find v2.11 is more stable so I boot it. It ran to 80% or so and of test #8 it halted due to "Unexpected Interrupt". I am now running it again.

A:New build, fresh installs, PC freezing

if you suspect a possible ram stick bad...you could remove one and test pc performance with it out if no better reinstall that stick and remove the other stick and test again for performance issues..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-build-fresh-installs-pc-freezing-461385.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Short story for now decided to downsize from eATX to mATX and even since has been a headache Will provide any information needed but atm I am new Freezing Random on and BSOD's build. posting from my laptop as the desktop just blue screened again while I was writing this post the first time Hardware Code Processor - Intel Core i k Random BSOD's and Freezing on new build. Motherboard - ASRock Z Random BSOD's and Freezing on new build. Extreme -M Memory - G Skill RipJaws X GB x GB DDR Mhz HDD - Seagate Barracuda Power Supply - Corsair HX Random freezes requiring manual restart started happening shortly after the initial Random BSOD's and Freezing on new build. Windows installation They would happen while playing Diablo browsing with Firefox or while I was away from the computer Event views produces a quot kernel-power quot error Code - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Musketeer - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Shortly after I started experiencing those I got my first BSOD And the logs pointed to my USB SoundCards drivers so I uninstalled them and have since gotten new ones Sorry if this isn't the correct format for BSOD's but as I said I can get the proper stuff when instructed as right now I'm on my laptop but these are from WhoCrashed that I sent to a friend Code Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code xA x C D x x xFFFFF B E Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module mbfilt sys MBfilt x Bugcheck code xA x C D x x xFFFFF B E Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system drivers mbfilt sys company Creative Technology Ltd description Creative Audio Driver Bug check description This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver mbfilt sys Creative Audio Driver Creative Technology Ltd Google query Creative Technology Ltd IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module Unknown Bugcheck code x x x x x Error CUSTOM ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error Google query CUSTOM ERROR On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module Unknown Bugcheck code x x x x x Error CUSTOM ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error Google query CUSTOM ERROR On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ksaud sys ... Read more

A:Random BSOD's and Freezing on new build.

SF Diagnostics Dump ~

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266352-random-bsods-freezing-new-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I'm desperate for some help here guys This Vista New up. keeps freezing ultimate build is my first system build and after installing vista ultimate and loading up some drivers for New build Vista ultimate keeps freezing up. my motherboard the system completely locks up and freezes between - minutes after me logging on again Specs Gigabyte Ga-M SLI-S motherboard AMD Athlon X Inno D Geforce GT Gb Corsair DDR Mhz PC - XMS Memory Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA Hard Drive Optiarc AD- S x DVDRW SATA drive W Arctic Power PSU Plexus Wireless-G PCI Adapter Arctic Cooling Freezer- -LP CPU fan heatsink Vista Ultimate OEM edition including SP I've tried reinstalling with only Gb RAM installed heard it might work somewhere have swapped over the SATA cables for the disc and hard drives have run memtest for hours and not had an error and have checked the cpu temperature which goes from the low thirties to C at the highest I'm at my wits end and don't have a clue what to do Anyone get any helpful ideas Thanks in advance

A:New build Vista ultimate keeps freezing up.

Hello bmw88

Have a look in these places for problems
1. Event Viewer
Type Event into the Search box on the start menu and hit Enter.
Expand "Windows Logs"
Check Application and System for red errors
Click each one and look at the right hand side for the events

2. Device Manager
Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Look for yellow errors

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-build-vista-ultimate-keeps-freezing-up-295456.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all,

Been a niggling issue for a while, just gotten around to dealing with the problem. These are my system specifications:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz Processor
Gygabyte GA-EP35-DS3
Indescribable RAM/Two sticks
Very generic 400W PSU
Nvidia 8400GS Card (to be replaced with something better anyway)

The computer will boot from the Windows XP install CD, go through the formatting/extracting without issue. However, when it reboots to enter the actual system install screens (when it gets graphical), it freezes and hangs.

Could this be a weak PSU issue, or perhaps because the RAM is crappy?

Thanks for all inputs!

A:New build freezing at start-up: possible PSU or RAM issue?

We're assuming that this generic power supply came with the case. If so with few exceptions a power supply that comes with a case is of very poor quality and rarely supplies the power it promises to deliver.

A poor power supply will cause many system issues.

If you want to find the make of your RAM download the free and safe utility SIW and it will tell you the make of your RAM and all kinds of other information of your system as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-freezing-at-start-up-possible-psu-or-ram-issue.148512/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just spent allot of money for me on upgrading my PC, it was quite good as it was but i wanted a new case and stuff, it now in a new case with more fans a better mother bored and a second EVGA 560 Ti superclocked.
it looks amazing now but it crashes loads sometimes i get a bluescreen and then it reboots itself and the rest of the time it just completely craps out and hangs until i hold the power button or press the reset button.
i don't know what information could help but i can try and get it if its asked for

thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all my new custom desktop build is around one month old now I am experiencing issues while gaming for example AC Syndicate Sometimes I get an BSOD but thats very rare Also the BSOD is freezing as well so Windows is not even PC New freezing - Build Games Custom within generating dump files It only happened one time That one time I collected the dumps to start a thread here New Custom Build - BSOD within Games - Windows Forums But as BSOD crash analyst axe said without dumps we cant analyze anything What has been done - Reformatted PC New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games then I thought the issue is solved but it came back - New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games All non-microsoft services are disabled - All startup entries are disabled - Memtest ran around hours no issues - Used HWMonitor to check temperature while gaming and freezing no heat issue detected - Ran Furmark around hours no freezes - Replaced GPU no changes - BIOS is up date but there is a new BIOS which I tried to install but BIOS said quot cannot read file quot -- gt ASUS USA -- gt Currently running on v published on -- gt most up date BIOS is v published on - not able to install it Any ideas Cheers Neunzehn

A:New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games

Update: was able to install v1105 now, still experiencing freezes

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/39794-new-custom-build-pc-freezing-within-games.html
Relevancy 46.87%

MY PC SPECS ARE LOCATED BELOW Okay i bought this video card from Ebay ATI Radeon X SE Can t post link of Radeon because is ATI freezing, it New build new X300? my because i m not seriously It worked great for one day on and expired version of windows xp which featured blue screens but New build freezing, is it because of my new ATI Radeon X300? i managed to fix it I also bought a hard drive from newegg which contained the XP Pro edition but there is no virus because i wipe the drive clean with system recovery and installed Windows Vista Legal Version and deleted useless registries with ccleaner and ran tons of malaware and virus scans with Mcafee and Malaware bites All drivers are up to date in event viewer the only errors i got are cdrom bad block but it worked fine i can read and write on it but clicking my computer makes the led blink for a few min Then it takes a long time to load this only happens when a CD is inserted I am running on Catalyst and it s not a overheating issue because when i touch it nothing is wrong but just in case i added a water bottle on top of it with the cap open to act as a radiator it s absorbing a good amount of heat too My computer always freezes it does not matter if i play a game if i can run it in time or go on the internet it freezes randomly It s not the southbridge on northbridge because they are slightly warm and never hot but the card seems to be the warmest The only phisical damage i found is on a chip with two super smal burn mark these marks don t even penetrate into the chip itself and the pins are fine I did get the stop x error once though The only way i can run the computer in is in safe mode which is what i m on so I get no sound Please help this is my first build and it s freezing way too much but the next day it stops freezing for and hour but then continues to freeze like it does every time and yes all the lan drivers are up to date and i m using a wireless conection but that does not matter because it froze even before I installed the drivers Please help i put all of my into this PC so i can t relly get another video card cuz i m broke blackeye Oh and yes i did update the firmware on the cdrom drive Pc Specs Sata ST AS ATA sata GB Boot Drive Sata WDC WD BEVT- ZCT ATA sata GB Sata HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH L ATA sata GB CD-Rom DVD-R actually CPU AMD Athlon X GHZ FSB MHZ CPU Display as GHZ RAM Rendition by Crucial GB DDR MHZ PCI-E ATI Radeon X SE VGA DVI TV PSU W Diablotek PSU ATX MOBO AMD ASRock A DE Case Ummm It fits and the power and led work as well as the ports Sound Intergrated VIA HD audio LAN Realtek RTL D D PCI Gigabit ethernet NIC NDIS Intergrated Storage Controler iSCSI AWWW not sas Microsoft initiator Onboard Raid TRUE Enabled False OS Windows Vista -Bit Home Edition Monitor HP CRT HORRIBLE but it was cheap VGA nbsp

A:New build freezing, is it because of my new ATI Radeon X300?

Good luck with this... The hardware is not the best and that power supply could be the cause of your troubles

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-freezing-is-it-because-of-my-new-ati-radeon-x300.175519/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok not sure what's going on here but I have one idea left I am trying to boot up my new build Every part is brand new except my graphics card and my hard drive The card is older but still PCIE It's a GeForce GTS and I've never had any issues with it The HDD is much older about years old at least but is still a SATA hard drive Probably SATA Everything else is installing help on in Keeps 7 Need old new Windows HDD freezing build. top notch EVGA X Classified GB DDR ram Intel I K EVGA PSU and an ASUS x DVD Burner I'm not trying to load the old windows and Need help installing Windows 7 on old HDD in new build. Keeps freezing drivers because I know that won't likely work I'm trying to clean install Windows from a full retail version disc that I Need help installing Windows 7 on old HDD in new build. Keeps freezing have with a full license Sometimes I can get into windows install but when it reboots itself the first time part of the install it freezes during the windows spinning logo thing everytime Other times I can't even get into the install part as it freezes during the logo thing before then I've tried from the actual windows cd and from a bootable usb drive I created with a program from microsoft I'm guessing that it is the hard drive being it is so old I'm hoping it's not one of the new hardware pieces I have Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383195-need-help-installing-windows-7-old-hdd-new-build-keeps-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I have a problem with Windows Home Premium -bit ultimate freezing and would be grateful for any help Software engineers and other IT proffessionals have Chronic freezing Build and Error had a good look but have not been able to solve the issue I m not sure if it s a hardware incompatibility issue a problem with the software or possibly some form Chronic freezing and Build Error of virus I ve detailed all information below - any help would be much appreciated The Machine Motherboard Gigabyte MA GMT-UDH Processor Phenom II x Memory Crucial GB Ballistix Memory Kit Graphics card Zotac GTX Hard drive Western Digital TB Network Card D-Link AirPlus-G DWL-G Wireless PCI Adapter DVD R -W Sony AD S OS Windows Home Premium bit The Original Problem Chronic freezing - The freezing is random was probably most severe following boot-up generally occured whilst using IE or just opening windows explorer but also froze with any other program or when idle During this time programs would not respond and would turn that grey not responding colour if that makes sense The cursor remained resposive as did the start menu although buttonclick was unresponsive During the freezes the harddrive light would be on constantly although the machine would be very quiet appearing completely idle Freezing would generally last minutes occassionaly up to half an hour then the machine would churn into action and all programs would suddenly be working very quickly again Half an hour or so later it would freeze again Build Error - From memory the following message appeared every so often in the bottom right of the screen above the clock quot Build Error This is not a Genuine Copy of Windows quot My copy IS genuine and this message would dissappear after rebooting Where I am now AVG and Norton didn t find any viruses CCleaner memtest and a host of other programs have been run and the build and msconfig rechecked I m not an expert and left the troubleshooting to the software engineers etc mentioned above so I m not sure what else they ran Still unsure of the problem a fresh install of Windows was performed a couple of days ago reformatting the hardrive and removed the network card which was found not to be compatible with Windows The frequency and length of freeze periods HAS improved however they still occur The machine hasn t frozen directly after boot-up though and the quot this is not a genuine copy of Windows quot has not appeared yet Otherwise the freezes are the same as before and it is obviously still the same problem just less severe Any help in COMPLETELY eradicating the freezes would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Conn nbsp

A:Chronic freezing and Build Error

Well, if you did a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows, you can only assume that the problem is hardware related. Your next step is to start testing each peice of hardware looking for errors.

I would start with the RAM and then move to a hardware test. For a RAM test you can use Memtest86+. For a hard disk test you should use the manufacturer of hard drive's the specific hard drive testing tools (i.e. for a Seagate HD, use Seagate's tools). You will find all that you need on Hiren's boot CD.

Also, have you checked your event logs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chronic-freezing-and-build-error.951857/
Relevancy 46.87%

Random blue screens and freezes occurring at various times on a new build. Have checked and updated the drivers for all hardware. There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to the freezes and blue screens. It has blue screened when downloading software, when running software, and sometimes when just sitting idle. Ran Prime 95, and Memtest 86. No overheating with Prime 95 and no memory errors after running Memtest for several hours.

A:Random freezing and BSOD on new build

Hi kyturne.

The crash dumps are not very informative for some technical reasons. But let us take some steps which should be helpful here.

First, Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Next, Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power options (or simply Control Panel > Power Options, depending on your control panel view). Take a screenshot of that window and let us see it following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums.

Post the screenshot now. Some actions might be required depending on it.

Also monitor how the computer runs. Let us see any further BSOD dump if they can provide some more.

Finally, a question for you. When, why and how you uninstalled AVG, and what you employed there as its replacement?

Please understand that those steps are not any solutions but an attempt to make a path for troubleshooting the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365015-random-freezing-bsod-new-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Here s my problem I ve put together a new computer build freezing Memtest new Solved: in for a friend of mine the stat s of which are Intel e ghz Gigabyte Ep -ds l motherboard BIOS revision f and f updated on the first motherboard X gb OCZ platinum ram Solved: Memtest freezing in new build X Gb WD greenpower hdds Sata Pioneer BK DVD burner Sata MSI GT Solved: Memtest freezing in new build OC edition w Coolermaster extreme power pro PSU Solved: Memtest freezing in new build X amp v rails In a Coolermaster Centurion RC case Posted fine but took nearly secs to post on startup I got Windows XP to install and latest drivers and it started freezing randomly usually while copying files pver network or running d mark and memtest to check for stability no errors come up i e BSOD for windows or memory errors for memtest IT JUST FREEZES I ve swapped out the ram Powersupply Videocard and BIOS updated and bench tested the first motherboard as well as disconnected hdd s during memtest and used a different optical drive IDE all of which still froze in memtest d mark I ve even plugged the computer into another outlet to rule out power current problems While at the place that i purchased most of the computer parts from the powersupply tested fine and the motherboard with my own ram and CPU in it did not freeze during memtest but it did take nearly secs to post and they replaced it with another board Brought it back home and it still freezes during memtest I m at a loss does anyone have any suggestions other test components used are X pro and another MSI gt videocard Superflower w PSU amp v rail X gb twinmos ram nec IDE dvd drive Please i m going mad with trying to get it to get through memtest nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Just built a new computer Asus Rampage Extreme III mobo PNY Geforce gb OCZ ram w PSU Intel i - Windows pro It is constantly freezing during games and during video playback like netflix or youtube Some times it will freeze right away sometimes after hours of play On a bad day it just makes doing anything impossible I get two types of freezes One the audio continues freezing new build Brand constantly to go the screen is just frozen forcing me to reset Other is it will freeze in game with no audio forcing a reset and I get a BCCode error Brand new build constantly freezing I reinstalled windows and all drivers last night dont get a BCCode anymore on reset but it continues to freeze just the same I have checked temps and power and everything seems to be good All the drivers are the latest I haven t loaded the newer bios for my mobo yet but last time I did that before the windows reinstall it didnt help anyways All I can think of is some crazy driver issue that I just cant tell or maybe something physically wrong with the video card Help needed NVIDIA System Information report created on System name BEAST-PC Display Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz MHz Operating System Windows Professional -bit DirectX version GPU Brand new build constantly freezing processor GeForce GTX Driver version CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory Brand new build constantly freezing clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated video memory MB GDDR System video memory MB Shared system memory MB Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Gen Components nvCplUIR dll NVIDIA Control Panel nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSSR dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvSR dll NVIDIA Video Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video Server NVSTVIEW EXE NVIDIA GeForce D Vision NVSTTEST EXE NVIDIA D Vision Test Application NVSTRES DLL NVIDIA D Vision Module nvDispSR dll NVIDIA Display Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version PhysX NVIDIA PhysX NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameSR dll NVIDIA D Settings Server nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server nbsp

A:Brand new build constantly freezing

I get a BCCode 116 errorClick to expand...

STOP error 0x116 can mean that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. STOP code 0x00000116 may also display "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR" on the same STOP message.

First, uninstall your installed nVidia drivers, reboot, and run Driver Sweeper (you can find it in TS download section) to clean any remaining nVidia driver files.

Download latest WHQL driver from nVidia's site, and install it, reboot the system, and see whether it help resolve the issue.

If it doesn't, please download OCCT, and thoroughly stress test your graphic card including vRAM, and come back with your results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-constantly-freezing.151731/
Relevancy 46.87%

I built a new computer setup and have been having frequent crashing, hanging and freezing problems. At one point I had the odd BSOD but as of late no BSOD's just freezing up. I have attempted full reinstall of the OS, checked all updates, drivers, firmwares, bios setttings etc and still am plagued by this very frequent problem. Have also tried installing and uninstalling SP1 and the recently released MS hotfix for freezing issues with no improvement.

Built this system spring 2011:
Asus P8P67 Rev 3.0 B3 mobo
Intel Core i5 2500K
Patriot Division 2 DDR3 8GB 1600MHz EL
Intel 510 120GB SSD (os)
Seagate 1TB (data)
WD black 1TB (data)
Hitachi 2TB Deskstar (data)
Radeon HD6870 Turbo 1GB
Corsair 850watt PSU
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
Antec P183 v3 case

Not sure what else I need to include that may be helpful. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

A:System Freezing, Instability. New Build W7 x64

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

As the problem is likely to be hardware related you could try a process of elimination by removing your graphics card and all your RAM except one stick.

You can download MemTest 86 to check each stick of RAM in turn: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

If your RAM is OK, you can put your graphics card back and if you haven't found anything untoward you may have a problem with your motherboard or power supply.

As an aside, have you tried running your computer in Safe Mode? If it doesn't freeze it would point to a driver problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183379-system-freezing-instability-new-build-w7-x64.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I recently built a new pc and I'm having some issues with Windows which seems to freeze on start up By this I mean at the Freezing/Crashing Build New on Start-Up, quot Starting Windows quot screen the animation will start but will freeze after a couple of seconds It usually takes me about restarts to then get into windows I haven't been using Windows Repair tool because the restore deletes all of the programmes that I've put on and the crashing continues to happen despite the changes I'll list my specs below Windows Home Premium -bit ASRock Pro Gen Z Intel Core i k currently stock speed Gigabyte Ti OC OCZ ZS w GB DDR Crucial Ballistix mhz Kingston HyperX gb SSD Boot Freezing/Crashing on Start-Up, New Build Drive Western Digital TB Caviar Blue Overflow Drive I don't think the SSD is the problem because when I did the install on the WD HDD I still had the instability and the crashes The drivers I have installed are Realtek LAN drivers Nvidia series Graphics Nvidia HD Audio and all of the quot Important quot Windows updates If you need any more info just shout Thanks in advance for any help guys

A:Freezing/Crashing on Start-Up, New Build

A couple more things may help:Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Do both of the above so we have the information two ways in case one fails. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238984-freezing-crashing-start-up-new-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought an SSD and installed Build 14267 on it.

I disabled fast startup and the computer now boots the first time. Still blazing fast on startup. Outlook now starts like it should instead of taking a whole minute to start.

However, if I walk away from the computer and let default sleep take over, when I come back, the blasted thing is completely frozen and I have to do a hard shutdown and reboot.

Anyone else having this problem?

A:Build 14267 Freezing when Sleeping

Originally Posted by Wynona

I bought an SSD and installed Build 14267 on it.

I disabled fast startup and the computer now boots the first time. Still blazing fast on startup. Outlook now starts like it should instead of taking a whole minute to start.

However, if I walk away from the computer and let default sleep take over, when I come back, the blasted thing is completely frozen and I have to do a hard shutdown and reboot.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yep. Just got it on the lappy the other day. Fast Startup & hibernate are disabled as well.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41841-build-14267-freezing-when-sleeping.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've been doing the research to try and figure out what is going on here but I haven't found anything to suggest that my BSODs are being caused by one issue in particular I have a new PC build and it is BSODing when I would open up new Chrome tabs The other day it crashed while idling I ran some stress tests after I tabs new Chrome - may opening BSOD occur build. Now new randomly on in built the machine and it passed just fine All drivers are updated and I even updated to the latest beta version of Catalyst to make sure that it's not my Crossfire setup while I believe it could be Attached are my logs Attachment Anybody have any clue as to what is going on I will try and run memtest when I get off of work to see if that may be the culprit Otherwise the only non-normal things I have running on my system would be my r x crossfire setup my raid array with samsung evo s BSOD opening new tabs in Chrome - Now may occur randomly on new build. and maybe my Corsair h i Thanks all

A:BSOD opening new tabs in Chrome - Now may occur randomly on new build.

Alrighty... So I ran memtest for almost 2 days now and no errors were found. It's clean. I still don't know how to solve this issue. Any takers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374366-bsod-opening-new-tabs-chrome-now-may-occur-randomly-new-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there Funny issue here on a Bug a Build - VM) doesn't taskbar show randomly Bottom 14316 (On VM on a Linux CENTOS Host with build On a Large K monitor running in Full screen mode - after a while the Bottom taskbar randomly fails to re-appear I need to sign out and then sign back in for the problem to go away re-boot not required I usually have taskbar set to Autohide This problem only occurs if I have the taskbar at the bottom of Build 14316 Bug - Bottom taskbar doesn't show randomly (On a VM) the screen -- doesn't occur if the taskbar is Build 14316 Bug - Bottom taskbar doesn't show randomly (On a VM) at the top sides or if I'm not in Full screen mode I had this problem way back with a very early build -- it went away but has reared its ugly head again Could be a VMware problem running Workstation version A colleague of mine running the same build of VMWARE workstation with the same Monitor but running it on a W HOST doesn't get the problem so it could be VMWARE I haven't updated the Linux HOS or VMware workstation for at least previous builds of Insider Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46912-build-14316-bug-bottom-taskbar-doesnt-show-randomly-vm.html