Windows Support Forum

Faulty HDMI port?

Q: Faulty HDMI port?

A recent power outage has caused some of my hardware to function oddly...
My tv's hdmi ports seem to still work for say a ps3, but when hooking up to my gtx 760 I get "No Signal"?
I only have one hdmi port but several other dvi ports. My smaller monitor(plugged into dvi port 1) is functioning normally. It also seems the gpu is still functioning because I booted Dota 2 just fine with 60fps(vsync). Could this outage have fried the hdmi port? Should I be worried, should I return it or just buckle down with 2 dvi connectors? I was gonna test out hdmi to dvi cables to test my theory but am unsure what to do otherwise.

MSI TF/OC 760
TV:NS-39L240A13

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty HDMI port?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty HDMI port?

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-hdmi-port.203802/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 24.08%

Apple's decision to include just a single port on its new 12-inch MacBook provoked the ire of many, and perhaps rightfully so. Adapters are the obvious answer for devices lacking a USB Type-C interface but what if you have multiple...

Read more

A:Single USB-C port? No problem. InfiniteUSB-C is a viable solution to the MacBook's limitation

I'll bet Apple is kicking themselves right now for now making this little device themselves.

I feel bad for Apple users though... having to spend extra money to get what should be basic functionality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-usb-c-port-no-problem-infiniteusb-c-is-a-viable-solution-to-the-macbooks-limitation.212016/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just purchased the Magnavox dvd-r recorder with a terabyte Hard drive from are where they Hdmi inputs walmart com Magnavox MDR H F TB Hard Drive DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner My problem is why is there always a hdmi out but never a hdmi in on any of these media units On my Cable box I have only hdmi Hdmi inputs where are they out S Video out and RCA Composite out The HDMI out goes to my HDTV and the picture is great Now to record from the same cable box to my Magnavox recorder I now only have RCA Composite out or S video out left So I choose S video out to record to the Magnavox but when I watch what I recorded the picture is terrible I guess what I m trying to say if you have low quality video coming in to your recorder through S video then it makes sense you will have the same low quality coming out My question Is to you guys is it possible to build a media center that has a HDMI input so I could record in high definition and a HDMI output to go to my HDTV Now I know cable companies make dvd recorders with this capability but If you ever decide to get rid of it you lose all you recorded Any advice would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Hdmi inputs where are they

On my Cable box I have only 1 hdmi out, 1 S Video out and 1 RCA Composite out.
The HDMI out goes to my HDTV and the picture is great.Click to expand...

that's correct.

Take for example, a DVR is inline with the service provide which allows the Recording. Once recorded, it's nice to get the media displayed on an HDTV - - hence HDMI-out.

I have VHS, DVD and daisy-chain them --> HDTV so that the service is feed thru the chain.

Code:

(cable) -- vhs -- dvd -- hdtv
| |
+-------------+

If the VHS is off, the lower path is selected ON THE TV
otherwise, the TV is selected to AV inputs.

The other way to see the layout is

Code:

TV inputs: (cable) ------ hdtv select TV:cable input
AV inputs: av-devices --- hdtv select TV:av inputs
To record, there needs to be a connection from (cable)-->av unit

yes, S-Video stinks, use the RCA Composite out from the cable->av

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-inputs-where-are-they.211805/
Relevancy 27.52%

The Samsung rv510 laptop I have has a rubber plug blocking the HDMI port.
I assume it's because they use the "Case/Shell" for multiple models and this one does not come with it.
My questions:.... Are these built into the mobo or is there a Video card I could replace inside?
I'm assuming it's onboard in which case I will need to get a VGA+3.5mm audio to HDMI adapter in order to make this work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-samsung-rv510-to-hdmi.209619/
Relevancy 27.09%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 27.09%

Okay so I've read the other threads and figure that...well...I figured nothing.

Audio sounds great. It's from my gigabyte motherboard, not from an expansion card. I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal. When there is no audio playing on my computer, there is a sort of static buzz that has what seems like a specific rate to it... "blip blip____blip blip___blip blip"..... sort of like that

All inputs/recording settings have been disabled.

The only fix I have is to basically open an app (winamp) and have it play audio at 0% volume. It's kind of stupid and would prefer to not have to do this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Buzzing when no sounds play over HDMI connection

I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal.Click to expand...

That's the norm for HDMI. HUMMMMMM or other noise when no sound is being produced intentionally is usually a grounding or cable shielding problem.

To be honest, my laptop HDMI is iffy; by that I mean, a connection to the HDTV at home and at one auditorium is just fine, but at another location, I get hum all the time both with and without sound originating from the laptop - - using the same hdmi cable.

The laptop has a plastic case and of course can not be shielded and therefore subject to 'environmental' interference'

In normal audio circuits, a/c hum indicates poor or no shielding (ie grounding) OR
the leads on the audio cable are reverse - - the ground on the cable is wired (by mistake) to the audio hot lead (ie the input).

On your PC, make sure you have a grounded A/C power cord and the wall plate has an active ground connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buzzing-when-no-sounds-play-over-hdmi-connection.209553/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm in deep doggy-doo.

When my 2TB Sata-III drive wasn't being recognized (ported to a new build), I pulled the data cable off to check the connection and off came the little plastic tab that guides the plug onto the pins!

Without it, there is nothing to press contact between the cable & pins, let alone hold the cable firmly in place.

Worse, I can't even plug it in to rescue the data off it! I suspect I must have damaged the connection somehow when I plugged it in. The pins appear fine (within reason considering what happened.)

Gluing the tab back in place is no help if the connection still doesn't work and I need to unplug it again.

Am I screwed or is there a way around this mess (short of paying hundreds to some recovery service)?

A:Plastic tab on SATA drive port broke off

Oh boy do I know the feeling, I once pulled off the same thing from a month old mobo, but I was able to find a replacement in a shop and soldered it back, maybe you can do the same ? Try finding a female SATA and soldering the other end of it to the HDD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plastic-tab-on-sata-drive-port-broke-off.209316/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey all,

This is my first time trying to port forward anything and I'm having trouble finding a guide for my router the bell homehub 2000 (sagemcom fast 5250). If anyone has experience with this router, some help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to port forward for my xbox one.

A:Port forwarding

UPDATE: ok so I went ahead and did some more reading using a guide for a linksys router and attempting to translate it to mine. From my understanding I have to set a static ip address on my xbox one and then open the specific ports through my router settings, can anybody confirm this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding.207844/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

Can someone tell me what is this port do? Its not hdmi cuz I try to fit one with my new monitor and did not work.

Thank

A:What is this port on this VGA

It is DisplayPort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-this-port-on-this-vga.207754/
Relevancy 33.11%

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

A:Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently bought several Dell Optiplex GX computers online for repair I usually do a thorough review of what I am getting but this was a a with VGA Help DVI-D on port computer monitor using a cheap deal on a big lot and a few things slipped by me For one it takes a special power cord that I can t find for less than and there were none Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer with the lot I ordered one to test them with for now but that is not my main problem but if anyone knows where I can get those DA- adapter power cords any cheaper please let me know where My main problem is that these are the small form factor cases so they have no card slots I am dependent upon the motherboard options only So here is my problem the only connector for a monitor on the back of the computer is for a DVI-D which would be great if I had monitors with those connections The only connections I have on my monitors are the VGA I bought some adapters from e-bay that were supposed to convert the DVI port to the VGA which the connector did but I have no screen using this adapter and I am thinking that I was cheated Can this even be done this way I have always just changed the video card but this computer has no way I can see to do that it is all in the motherboard Does anyone know what I can do here I put a fresh install of io xp pro on several of then since that is what they came with They only have pentium s with hyperthreading and single core processors and I didn t think windows would help any If anyone knows what I can do to use these VGA monitors please tell me because without being able to put a video card in it I am lost sincerely cableman nbsp

A:Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer

Your best bet for Global spares is www.pchub.com.

As to the DVI to D-Sub you did the right thing in buying an adapter. It should work period. Did you get the joblot from eBay? Was it sold as untested? Are the PCs even powering on? Maybe there are issues with memory/cpu/motherboard....

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/A02/solve00.htm#wp1286323

Yes you have to be very careful when upgrading the CPUs for this unit as they follow a narrower roadmap. Top line CPU would appear to be a Pentium D3.4Ghz which worked in a GX620 usff with bios revision A11.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-a-vga-monitor-with-a-dvi-d-port-on-computer.172534/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a D945GCR MoBo.... does it have a Graphics card port?

A:Does my mobo have a graphics port?

Nick OZ said:

I have a D945GCR MoBo.... does it have a Graphics card port?Click to expand...

Yes it has, the motherboard in question has a "PCI-x16" which means that all and any new graphics card (GPU) should fit. However, you may want to check what power supply (PSU) you have since new GPU might require more power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-mobo-have-a-graphics-port.207195/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'd like to know if there is such a thing because a friend wants to run an extra HDMI to another tv. I don't know if the current box he uses has just one HDMI outlet or more so I thought I'd ask you experts if there is a HDMI duplex.

A:HDMI Duplex ?

If you're talking about sending one source to multiple displays you'll need something like this
http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-duplex.207173/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,
Sony KDL-32R410b TV has only two hdmi inputs , one is HDMI MHL other is HDMI ARC.
I have a dvd player with a regular plug HDMI output.I do not own a receiver compatible with the ARC function.
My question is if I can connect my dvd player to ARC TV HDMI socket.In this case it is possible to damage the TV?
Thank you.

A:Hdmi connection

Background:
what the heck is MHL? Think of it as a technology that turns a common MicroUSB cable into an HDMI cable, but with a few special features. MHL stands for Mobile High-definition Link, and it's the brainchild of a group of companies?including Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony and Toshiba?that wanted a specification that could be used to connect smart phones, tablets, and other devices to an HDTV.​
HDMI 1.4 introduces two features called ARC (audio return channel) and HEC (HDMI Ethernet channel).​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-connection.205535/
Relevancy 25.37%

Not sure if you cover this, but I have a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580, but am not sure how to open up the ports. I have searched all over the web for advice on this, but no one seems to have a screenshot that looks like mine. My problem is, that my brother and I play the game together, so when I go in to open the ports do I start with hims IP address, since the ending number is lower than mine, and then how far out should I go.I'm including a screenshot, so you will see what I mean. Also, it asks for an external ip address. I have mine, haven't gotten his, but if they're different, how do I adjust for his. Or do I have to open the same ports for both machines? My Cisco router was not this complicated, but the surfboard is our router and modem and takes up less space.If anyone understands what I'm trying to do, please answer back. When we're online on the game together, we lag terribly. We can play separate games online without a hitch.

A:Port Forwarding

The typical problem is the PUBLIC ip-addresses for you/bro can change overnite.

what you see with IPCONFIG is your local lan address, not the PUBLIC address given to your router by the ISP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding.205317/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello This is my very first post on this site I was looking for a good place for tech support and an My HDMI-DVI Monitor and with Connection Some Help Need this was recommend so now I m here Alright - here s the story A few months ago my neighbor moved They gave away some of their stuff one of which is a ViewSonic VG wm monitor which was given to me At first glance it didn t look like much Then I decided Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection to some research on it and it turns out that it s actually an HD monitor back from It even displays in full p After I found that out I wanted to try out my Wii U with it That s when I ran into a pretty big roadblock Turns out that even though it can do HD the oh so sensible people at ViewSonic decided to NOT incorporate an HDMI port Weird right Anyway it has two input ports - a DVI-D port and a VGA port I ve been using my laptop with the monitor through the VGA port and it displays at x Little did I know that VGA is quite archaic when Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection compared to DVI and HDMI I just went on vacation to the States I live in the Bahamas - and I was able to Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection pick up a really affordable yet well-reviewed DVI-HDMI male-to-male adapter cable made by ULTRA Since I couldn t bring my monitor with me I had to wait to get all the way back home here in the Bahamas Why oh why As soon as I got home I plugged in the cable to the back of the monitor the DVI end and into my Wii U the HDMI end I powered on the monitor and WALLA ----- oh wait quot No Signal quot I ve been trying for about - hours now and that s all I can get from it I ve tried all I can I even plugged the HDMI end into my set-top box and believe it or not IT WORKED I took it out and tried it again but once again quot No Signal quot That s the only time it s worked I m not sure what the case is I ve done all I can I tried it on my laptop it s the only one in the house with an HDMI port and this monitor is the only one in the house with a DVI port The monitor has age on it I can t access the OSD and there are a few bright spots but it still looks and works good I just really wanted to try DVI since it s apparently in the same ballpark as HDMI when it comes down to display quality So does anyone have any ideas I can t return the cable to try for a different one just in case IT S the problem - and to buy one here in my country is a little more expensive TL DR - Monitor won t accept DVI signal from HDMI to DVI adapter cable but accepts VGA just fine Any tips to attempt a fix nbsp

A:Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection

Not completely sure since I have a laptop (I don't use an external monitor), but don't you have to switch the input of the monitor like a TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-with-my-monitor-and-an-hdmi-dvi-connection.204858/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi On my motherboard there is a HDMI port and there is also one on my Nvidia graphics card if I plug the HDMI cable from my tele it works swap it onto the motherboard HDMI no detection of the tele.Is there something in the bios to correct this and if there is would it be really worth using the one on the motherboard.My cpu is a AMD Athlon x4 which needed a discrete graphics card.regards Martin

A:Two HDMI

Usually when you install a graphics card, it should disable the on-board graphics. There should be a way to activate usage of it from your BIOS, but I would highly recommend just forgetting about it and use your Nvidia Graphics Card. Dedicated Graphics Cards will (most of the time) be better than on-board graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hdmi.204238/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have headphones through onboard audio set as the default playback device.

I have HDMI set to listen stereo mix (onboard) under recording devices so that I can get duplicate audio on my headphones and TV.

Windows 7 likes to set as HMDI audio as the default playback device when I am not looking (assumedly shortly after rebooting, but not quite sure when). And then I get no sound from my headphones because the programs are all playing on HDMI.

Is there way I can fix this?

A:HDMI hijacks default playback device

Hmm; I think HDMI is mutually exclusive to pc { speakers & headphones }. If the HDMI senses a signal to the tv, then the others go off.

right-click on the speaker icon in the tray and view/set the playback devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-hijacks-default-playback-device.204095/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 36.98%

My laptop had headphones plugged in because I was watching a film but while I was in another room my laptop was knocked onto the floor around - ft drop change mic to a HD audio headphones Realtek port? port a manager, landing on the headphones jack the wire is fine but the ports completely broken I can see cracks and its loose and everything The laptop has Realtek HD audio manager and in my experience of this program on other desktops I ve had I was able to change Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? what port does what My laptop only has a headphones port and Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? a mic port and I would like to see if I can switch the mic port to be the headphones port because I never use an external mic however in Realteks audio manager I can t find out how to do this In pictures I ve seen on the internet there is a quot Device Advanced Settings quot button as seen in this picture http www vistax com attachments ealtek-hd-audio-driver-version-hd manager jpg but my program doesn t have this Do I need to download a newer version of the software or is it just not possible to change my mic port to be my headphone port I dont mind if I have to use third party software I just want it to tide me over till I can get it sent away Thanks for suggestions greatly appretiated nbsp

A:Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port?

I doubt very much if this will be possible. The mic and headphone ports are wired directly to the Audio section of the motherboard, there connections cannot be altered.

Your best bet is to get the damaged port repaired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-change-a-mic-port-to-a-headphones-port.166497/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi there, I purchased an edifier mh 1370 multimedia speaker a while back it has been working fine. I took it to a mates place for a birthday party and when I brought it back to mine and connected it up, it seems that the right speaker out port does not work.. I've plugged the right speaker into the left port and vice versa and both speakers work so it's definitely not the speakers. I've checked my audio software and properties nothing has changed. I've checked the 3.5mm audio connecting cable. I mean all I did was bring it to a party let it run for about 9hours I think and came back used it and the right speaker port doesn't work Would it be an internal problem? if so how would I fix it? I don't know anything about electronics and I really don't wanna buy a new one trying to be handy here haha....

A:Edifier 2.1 speakers mh 1370 speaker out port problem

Plug some headphones or earbuds into the jack to make sure both channels are working. If it sounds okay, your most likely problem is the wires in your speaker system - usually the 3.5 plug or the nearby wire has separated inside the insulation. I would cut the original plug off and solder in a new one from Radio Shack, if you're okay with soldering, or have a repair shop do it if you're not able to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edifier-2-1-speakers-mh-1370-speaker-out-port-problem.202022/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have downloaded a program called Anomos, it tells me please forward your ports so the program can work, 5061. Ok so I go into my century link modem and it wants a ip address to forward the ports what ip address do I enter?

A:How do I port forward the Anomos program?

The LAN address of the system you want the data to go to.

It must always be the same address, so you need to make it so using
Address Reservation on the router OR a static address on the target machine (not recommended for laptops).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-port-forward-the-anomos-program.201628/
Relevancy 27.95%

So for some years now I have been connecting my Motorola xoom tablet to my TV via hdma to problem HDMI Perculiar watch barious programs A few nights ago I was watching a program disconnected then reconnected my tablet and got no signal on my TV The tablet recognises that it is connected to the tv the system bar increases in size when connected and even knows when I have switched to the correct hdmi channel the tv however gives me no signal or rarely not support if I switch away then back to the appropriate hdmi channel In an effort to get to te root of the problem I have connected my tablet to another tv which worked fine and I have connected my laptop to the TV with the error and that worked fine So the tablet is cabable of sending a readable hdmi signal and my TV of recieving and interperating one Perculiar HDMI problem It seems the problem only seems to appear when these devices are conncted Also my laptop hdmi is displayed whilst the tablet is plugged into the other hdmi port I am utterly confused there have been no software Perculiar HDMI problem updates between when te connection was working an when it stopped it was maybe a minute period of the tablet being unplugged when the issue has manifested Perhaps one of you out there Perculiar HDMI problem can crack this case I however can not Any help would be greatly appreciated Onshell nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/perculiar-hdmi-problem.200915/
Relevancy 25.37%

This is my first post But I have a problem I do everything that portforward com tells me but it just doesn t work and when I type in cmd quot ipconfig quot it shows a different thing than it is suppose to be Ok this is what It says when I type in quot ipconfig quot to cmd C Users gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Link-local IPv Address fe f d cd b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address b c Link-local IPv Address fe e d a d d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ce f b f ff Link-local IPv Address fe ce f b f ff fefa Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap Home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D D A- Port forwarding working not :( F- A - - AF B A CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap A F DB -E E- -B A - E BD Media Port forwarding not working :( State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Port forwarding not working :( Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix This Port forwarding not working :( is what it says when I type the default gateway it has provided me into google chrome Oops Google Chrome could not connect to Suggestions Try reloading Search on Google I know what the default gateway is but when I go on it and portforward it just doesn t work I downloaded the port-checker and this is what it said Your External Ip Adress Your external ip adress is quot myip quot Ping Result We were able to ping your router Port Check Result Your port is NOT OPEN or not reachable I was portforwarding awhile back and the way I fixed this was plugging my laptop into a ethernet cable but we moved house and the closest ethernet cable is in the kitchen which is stories down and I don t want to keep my laptop down there to run the server This is what the router says GATEWAY IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server Enabled Firewall Disabled UPnP Enabled Wireless Disabled By the way this router is a smc wbra So can you please help Btw I am trying to run a minecraft server Here s a screenshot of the portforwarding http prntscr com bacbg nbsp

A:Port forwarding not working :(

This is EXACLTY what is happening to me and it makes me SO mad. I also need help with this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-not-working.182343/
Relevancy 35.26%

Is there a huge difference between these cables or is it just all talk ?? I have this new kick *** tv that I want to get the best out of, after I've calibrated it aswell, and was wondering if it was worth investing in these supra hdmi cables as they are quite more expensive than the normal ones and the specs do seem to be pretty good.

A:HDMI vs Supra HDMI

ALL marketing hype

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-vs-supra-hdmi.200432/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi everyone

I Have AMD Radeon HD 7800 series installed on my PC. The Catalyst Control Center is also installed.
Due to some reasons I need to block the HDMI output of this graphic card. Is it possible ? if yes how?

A:How to block HDMI output on graphic card?

Heh, what's your reasons? I don't know of any software solution, so you'll have to either not plug anything in or physically damage the HDMI port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-block-hdmi-output-on-graphic-card.200394/
Relevancy 53.75%

What do you mean the hdmi port from my graphics card? Did you find out that hdmi port was bad? If so how can I replace it.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread - http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tv-is-not-detecting-my-pc-via-hdmi.197533/#post-1382473

A:Bad HDMI port?

You can't. Return the card to retailer/manufacturer for a repair if it's within warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-hdmi-port.200220/
Relevancy 25.37%

My last modem dlink wifi modems chipset was damaged due to high voltage...I've bought a new one called dlink DSL 2750u1 which is supposedly the best company offers... Now it's got 4 Ethernet ports , wifi and other usual suspects. But what intrigutes me is the USB 3.0 port, which I know is for connecting with comps without Ethernet cards , but it's also mentioned on the box that it offers to store and access data in hard drives and flash drives over network, connecting
Printers and converting net dongles into wifi.
As of now I really wanna know how to acces data in connected HDDs and pen drives.
Thank you in advance...

A:USB port in modem extra uses?

I think if you set it up right, you can stream the content on you USB or portable harddrive from the USB3 port that you on the modem through wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-port-in-modem-extra-uses.199670/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all I made a post regarding the performance failing of one of my supply power affect hard performance? drive/computer Faulty hard drives The conclusion we came to has unfortunately not resolved my problem and I am beginning to think my Power Supply may be the culprit Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Before I go into details here is my current Hardware Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb requires x pin power adapters Asus Xonar soundcard requires floppy power adapters Windows x Jeantech W PSU modular PSU PCI-E nodes and nodes for other devices gb HDD operating system tb HDD data tb HDD data tb HDD data - added recently ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My original problem in brief Upon accessing certain files in one of my TB drives I hear a distictive quot click lockup halt quot sound and then the entire system crashes first the drive will become inaccessible then windows explorer will crash followed by the mouse and eventually a BSOD after a minute ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I bought a new TB a month ago to replace what then I thought was a failing TB drive Since the problems have become quot random quot and happen across all four drives tb tb gb tb I am now considering my PSU the culprit Jeantech Absolute w It seems logical to me Sometimes while performing tasks which put stress on several HDD s at the same time my computer is quot choking quot running as fast smooth as it should but with sudden freezes with those HDD quot click - stop - restart quot sounds Booting into windows is failing from time to time freezes on the quot starting windows quot screen or DISK BOOT FAILURE Insert system disk The PSU is modular - could certain quot plugs quot in my PSU are faulty I haven t tested this extensively but in some cases when the computer is not starting up at all using different power ribbon cable combinations seems to help Also I had to remove my DVD drive completely when I first installed the new TB I bought and I don t think my computer will start at all with it plugged in anymore so my PSU MUST be having a hard time coping with all the components If it is of any relevance I use an Nvidia GTX which requires x PCI-E pin power connections hard drives power is supplied via THREE modular ribbon power cables - two HDD s share power from the same ribbon cable lastly worth noting I use an asus Xonar sound card requires floppy power connector several symptoms suggest the PSU any thoughts nbsp

A:Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance?

a 1000Watt shouldn't have any problem coping with the components that you have, i would recommend that u borrow a power supply from a friend and try it out on your computer, maybe the power supply is old and is not supplying proper voltages on all the rails....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-power-supply-affect-hard-drive-computer-performance.160966/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a hp 5750 . I want to connect a plasma tv to it that has a hdmi connection in the back . I had it connected before on my old comp. and it work fine through the video card hdmi connection. But this computer doesn't have a video card only the on board.For some reason I don't get any picture when I connect it. I bought an adapter like http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimi...703872&sr=1-12&keywords=dvi+to+hdmi+converter and used a hdmi cable but still no picture . Any idea would be great. Thx

A:DVI to HDMI?

Dvi does not carry sound channels - only video ( to my knowledge). You will need a dedicated graphics card that has an HDMI output for an HDMI tv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-to-hdmi.199047/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All newbie to this forum I have a sound disappearing problem Yamaha RX-V receiver Vizio audio HDMI output problem E VL TV Chromecast Win Laptop with HDMI output OK so I feed the Laptop HDMI HDMI audio output problem to the Yamaha HDMI- the Chromecast is plugged into HDMI- to the Yamaha and the HDMI output HDMI audio output problem of the Yamaha goes to the VIZIO HDMI- I am a little hard of hearing so I use the TV sound when watching movies with slightly muffled sound as the crappy TV speakers add just enough harshness to be useful It all works individually - sometimes I looks to me like it depends on what setup was running when the Yamaha is turned off and then the Yamaha seems to decide what is allowed when I turn it back on It seems like the Yamaha is deciding what sound I need over the HDMI connections when passing it through to the TV HDMI Sometimes the sound works on the TV and sometimes it does not I cannot seem to find a connection or start up sequence that always works Therefore I am not sure what is causing the issue If I disconnect everything then connect just the laptop OR the just Chromecast then it works just fine There is something going weird with the combination when all plugged in I am lost with this one and I am no novice to hifi TV or computers Try as I might I cannot find a repeatable start up sequence to begin finding out what is happening with the sound Thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated Thanks Harry nbsp

A:HDMI audio output problem

Most every TV I've seen the user selects the input device {TV, AV, Computer, HDMI-1, HDMI-2} and all other devices are ignored - - saying when HDMI-1 is active, the other has no effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-audio-output-problem.198561/
Relevancy 24.08%

Please excuse me if Forward modem Port Motorola 100000 SBG6580? on surfboard I ve mis-posted here or need to supply other info I m relatively new here I have created a static IP for my PC running Win and was attempting to quot open quot a port on my motorola surfboard modem SBG I have understood and followed the steps on the Port Forward website http portforward com english routers port forwarding Motorola SBG Vuze htm up until it says quot Forward Port on the Motorola SBG quot The image shown above on that page is actually the modems Firewall page not its Forwarding Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580? page it then says Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580? Forward User Defined Port on the Motorola SBG We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward This program requires you to forward the following ports Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the Port Forwarding menu The display below that shows where theoretically you would enter information but that actually looks more like the Port Filtering page then the Forwarding page Local IP Adr Start Port End Port Protocol Enabled It then says quot When you re finished click Apply near the bottom of the screen to save your changes quot My Questions I guess are How the Hell do I forward port Am I even in the right location Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me and I apologize if it isn t clear or lacking information this is all rather new to me nbsp

A:Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580?

I don't think there is a port 100000. As far as I remember there are only 64k - 1 ports available per IP. This does look like where you'd do your port forwarding, but you'd need to specify the local IP address to route the traffic to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forward-port-100000-on-motorola-surfboard-modem-sbg6580.191874/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently purchased an HDMI splitter and connected it to the output of my GFX card(GTX 570) so I could change from my primary monitor to my HD TV simply by pressing a button rather than having to manually swap out the cable every time I wish to play something from my PC on the big screen. Thing is it don't seem to work, when plugged in all I get is a black screen on both the monitor and TV and the LED on the splitter flashes red. Can any one help please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111057904...&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=54

A:HDMI Problem

In my experience, the adapters never really work. I had a splitter, and that caused a few problems with syncing and stuff.

Try using your PC monitor without the adapter, then while it is all running, introduce the adapter and see if that works?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-problem.197219/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm just curious as to why I see the black & white images on the top left corner my Monitor when I shut my W7 pc down? They don't appear together, but sequentially. Its no biggie, just curious,thank you.

A:HDMI, Digital & Analog

No idea. Could be your monitor text saying "no signal, going to sleep". Try and take a photo next time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-digital-analog.196425/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Series 9 laptop, an external Samsung Monitor 2494 LW & Samsung HDMI to VGA adapter. It was working , laptop now doesn't recognize the monitor - do the $40 adapters fail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-hdmi-to-vga-adapter.196053/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I m trying to play warcraft with my friend and we just got a problem which can be solved through portforwading And so I did it But still my PFPortChecker keeps telling me the messege quot Your port is not open or not reachable quot So I don t know what I did wrong I have only one router I checked it with some program which can tell me if there is a router covering my router I ve opened the settings of my router got into Virtual Servers created new chosen ports in range - applied to all tcp and udp confirmed It looks like its working but its not I ve got my firewall turned off and even so I added rules there for those ports I even turned off my antivirus Still its not working - just saying that its not open or not reachable Any ideas I ll appreciate any help and sorry for my grammar I m not from english speaking country so there might be a lot of mistakes nbsp

A:"Your port is not open or not reachable."

Okay what are we working with here?

OS?
Router?
System Specs?
System OC?
System Tweaked to the Max?
System Ports Changed or on defaults? Meaning you haven't changed anything only on the Router.
Under Services.msc did you set the UPnP to auto/start/enable

In the Router make sure you have the system set to the Port you want open and IP address should be Reserved by mac address of the NIC.

Are we using any other layered firewall software?
Are you using a Proxy?
Are you using Private Browsing?

What firewall are you using on PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-port-is-not-open-or-not-reachable.195947/
Relevancy 27.95%

For the last year I have been happy to use the VGA cable for my pc because I was connecting it directly to the vga port in my tv monitor It did the job perfectly with full p HOWEVER If I try to plug in the HDMI which I will have to do with the new gpu I am HDMI VGA - 5770 vs Sapphire getting I would get the inch black border problem Apparently this happens when you use ATI cards with tv s instead of a monitor So I figured go into the AMD vision engine control centre and adjust Sapphire 5770 - VGA vs HDMI the scaling This gets rid of the black border and boosts me back up to the proper side for p on my tv The problem I now have is that my image looks a complete mess it looks pixilated so I took down the contrast and sharpness on the settings for the monitor but it still looks like crap Does anyone have any solutions as to how I can get the best image Sapphire 5770 - VGA vs HDMI quality from my hdmi tv with the hdmi cable from my nbsp

A:Sapphire 5770 - VGA vs HDMI

Sortta, I had a similar issue where the image quality just did not live up to what HDMI was, now bear in mind for me I have 6990s so things might be slightly different, but you should have the same control panel look/configs.

Now I first set the monitor to overscan in catalyst control center which is under My Digital Flat Panels, and then scaling options which will remove the border.

Next is the other part I had to do, in the same area under My Digital Flat Panels, go to HDTV support, from there, you should see some lists that you can scroll through, in the top list look for the NTSC (Well you need to use your area, NTSC is in America) and click the one for your display (Which if im guessing correctly, should be a check mark in the Box for 1080p60).

Hope that helps, if it doesn't let me know!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-5770-vga-vs-hdmi.195020/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys, I have a gateway LT2016u netbook, and the charging port, if that's what you call it is broken. I think my careless teenage self would be to blame, but anyways I need to find a new port. This would be the part that's inside the computer that you plug the charger in. Can anyone help me?

A:Looking for charging port

This should do the trick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GateWay-KAV...-WITH-CABLE-HARNESS-DC301007400-/270829133673

Double check the part looks the same as what you already have.

Power jack will give better results when you search. The good news is its a plug in one, not soldered which makes it very easy to fit.

This video shows a different model but should give you a good idea of what is involved:

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-charging-port.194102/
Relevancy 35.69%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm trying to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI for a presentation. Everytime I connect the HDMI the laptop screen goes blank and the TV screen appears with the laptop screen. Is there a way to get both screens working together at the same time while the HDMI is plugged in?

A:HDMI connections

One of the Fn keys toggles, {PC,External, PC+External} depending upon the laptop.

look for the Fn key with two rectangles {on a dell, its FN+F1}

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-connections.191621/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm a newbie to this stuff, sorry guys! (If any of this makes sense, BRILLIANT!)

I know it's an PCI-E x16 as it says that by the port itself. But what .0 version is it?

example: PCI-E 1.0 x16, PCI-E 2.0 x16 etc.

I need to know this information quite soon as I'm planning on buying the Nvidia GTS 450 (if It is compatible, other wise feel free to recommend some compatible cards.

The Card: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gts-450/specifications
The Port: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8524755663/in/photostream/

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

A:Which PCI-E version is this port?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, only the newer GPUs will take full advantage of the bandwidth of a PCI-E x16 2.0/3.0 slot. That being said, if you have a PCI-E x16 slot, you can put any PCI-E x16 GPU in it, unless you're spending upwards of $300+ on a GPU. (GTX 660Ti or a better card) I would shoot for a motherboard with at least a PCI-E x16 2.0 slot.

Would you mind providing the type of motherboard you're using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-pci-e-version-is-this-port.190351/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I am new here. My pc recently restarts playing some games which is strange to me. I did some internet research and found that it could be me psu or gpu.
My pc spec:
Intel core i7 870 (base clock)
Intel motherboard dh55pj
Sapphire hd 6870 igb
Transcend ram (4+2) gb
Samsung 500 gb hdd
Thermaltake smartpower 550 watt psu 80+ bronze

Also I borrowed a friends` 6850 gpu+ 450 watt psu to see if there is anu problem in my mobo or processor but it was just fine. But I gave my friend my gpu psu combo and he faced problems like mine after using them for 1 week.
So now I am certain that either my gpu or my psu has gone bad. but I cant know for sure which one.Any helps.....

A:Faulty GPU or PSU?

Does your friend have a 500W PSU so they can test your GPU with their PSU? If they can test just the GPU, it might answer your question.

Actually 500W has head room, a 450W PSU might be enough to test for a week or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-gpu-or-psu.188680/
Relevancy 24.51%

Good day everyone.
I just opened case of cpu and re-pluged front usb port plug into motherboard. And then switched on pc, as I on my pc I seen that front usb port plug's red colour wire was fired. I imediately switched off the pc. I cant understand how this happened? Please tel me the reason if anybody knows.

A:Front USB port plug wire burned

Hey Krrish007. Can I ask why you opened the case. Was the USB front port working before?. I also assume the red wire wasn't discolored at that point, put you saw it after you powered up.
Are you 100% sure you plugged it into the correct pins on the mobo?.
If you disconnected the plug and power up, does the system work otherwise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-port-plug-wire-burned.189831/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just built a new PC and installed a Sapphire RADEON HD 6670 1gb DDR5...

I want to run two monitors (extended) using the DVI and HDMI ports. I just get a black screen on the second monitor??

A:How to use HDMI & DVI at the same time...

Which operating system are you using?
Do you have an option to extend desktop in Windows display properties?

If you are using Windows 7 try pressing "Windows Key + P" at the same time. This should bring up a projection menu with 4 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-hdmi-dvi-at-the-same-time.189833/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have absolutely no idea about it...can anyone please tell me what it is (in brief) and also will it improve my graphic visuals in my monitor??

A:What is an HDMI cable and do I need one?

HDMI stands for high definition media interface, basically it's a 2 in one cable that carries the display signal as well as a sound signal. If you use a HDMI cable to connect your laptop to your tv for example, you'll be able to use the TV as another monitor, and you'll also be able to play music through your tv speakers.
With computer monitors, unless they have built in speakers that you plan to use, there's no real advantage of using a HDMI cable to connect from your computer, a standard DVI or VGA connection is just as good (Though go with DVI (White) over VGA (Blue) if possible there)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-an-hdmi-cable-and-do-i-need-one.189084/
Relevancy 33.54%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 21.5%

My 1TB Western Digital external drive has failed. It's out of warranty so that's not an option. After much internet research and trying many "fixes" that didn't work, I moved on to getting it out of its enclosure. But I need help on what I do next to determine if its the USB port that failed or the drive itself. This is my main backup of all my data (I know my fault for not having a backup of my backup) so I really need to get the data off of it if possible. The sticker on the drive says: SATA / 32MB Cache. My only computer is an HP Pavilion laptop. I am a novice in terms of computer hardware but can follow directions and do "techy" things pretty well. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-wd-external-drive-is-it-the-drive-or-the-usb-port.188620/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a mobo that supports optical out along with a GTX that has HDMI The problem is I broke the S PDIF connector pins on the GPU so I can HDMI/optical sound output t connect it to the mobo pins I need this cable for sound-over-HDMI to work correct The second question - I am connecting to TV and home theatre by the way - is what s the go with the optical I did try for about half an hour but no dice The Yamaha receiver simply didn t get any sound out of it TV optical out works I did change audio output in windows tried HDMI - no audio mode in Nvidia settings etc Is there some sort of option that is overriding HDMI/optical sound output my mobo optical out with the faulty HDMI out on GPU I d HDMI/optical sound output love to get this working Edit Third question I am of the belief that the optical HDMI/optical sound output will only give me in games if the receiver and game are both in a supported format e g Dolby something-something Is HDMI bound by these same rules nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi there Hardware details Old monitor Acoustic Solutions astvd ws LCD New monitor BenQ G A LCD Motherboard GA-MA LMT-US H made by Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics made by Advanced Micro Devices Inc Having received a new monitor for Christmas I was hoping to setup a dual monitor display not duplicate screens but an extended desktop The old monitor is connected to the DVI port using a VGA to DVI adapter I connected the monitor to the VGA port on the PC and the screen changed from No cable connected to No signal detected Upon powering up the PC this message did not change and the Why my can't on use the port I VGA PC? monitor sends itself into standby mode Now when I remove the old monitors VGA Why can't I use the VGA port on my PC? cable from the DVI adapter and put the new monitors VGA cable in it immediately wakes up and shows my desktop Now I went into the AMD VISION Engine Control Center and had a look at Properties VGA Display and got the following information under Monitor Information Display Data Channel DDC Not Supported Display Name Not Supported Maximum reported resolution Not Supported Maximum reported refresh rate Not Supported So now I m wondering if my VGA is disabled and if so how would I go about turning it back on also I read about monitors being connected either through the motherboard or the graphics card but I don t know how to find out this information or even fully understand it if I m honest So that s where I m up to Any and all help is greatly appreciated If I ve left out vital information then just let me know and I ll try an find it out for you Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Why can't I use the VGA port on my PC?

On many PCs with DVI capability, it is an either / or proposition; you can use DVI or VGA but not both at the same time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-cant-i-use-the-vga-port-on-my-pc.188527/
Relevancy 24.51%

I seem to have Sata hard drives going on me all the time but not the IDE drives and I was thinking is it all possible that it could be the Sata port causing this? Can an Sata port damage a hard drive?

A:SATA motherboard port killing my hard drives?

It's most likely a power supply issue, not SATA ports...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-motherboard-port-killing-my-hard-drives.188064/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I have just installed a new pc monitor which is capable of HD but my computer which has a HD card connection is connected by HD to my hd television is it possible to install another hd connection so I could connect my pc monitor in hd as well.Since I posted this I now realize I can connect using DVI to HDMI on tjis card as well.Regards Martin.

A:HDMI question

HDMI to DVI converter would work, yes. Or, another graphics card (which is way more expensive).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-question.187964/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys I need some help on how to Port Forward a Router and a Modem

Im using a TP Link WR340GD Router

This is the IP on my computer

and this is for the Modem which I havent filled up yet

my isp is a bit of an *** not making me port forward..so I hacked their modem (3rd Pic)
now im kinda lost and dont know what to forward on the modem

my router doesnt have any NAT settings but the tunngle seems to have the problem with it so I opened the modem and theres teh NAT settings now please I need help on how to port forward my modem

A:Port forwarding a modem and a router

First, let's understand the setup

Code:
isp===modem----router----(1/more pc's)
Port forwarding is done in the ROUTER where the NAT support allows multiple PCs to have Internet access.
Typically, our modems only have ONE Ethernet output which is why we need the router in the first place.
Now if you have a Modem with multiple RJ45 slots, then it has NAT also, and your port forwarding gets complicated.

In addition, the machine at 192.168.1.50 needs a tweak to ALLOW IN TCP/UDP PORT 59014 FROM ANY.

The User's Guide for that router is here
So, please specify the make/model of the modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-a-modem-and-a-router.187643/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi All

My first post :

Will be buying a new HD monitor, but I do not have HDMI out or DVI-D out from my CPU so what do I do .Right now I only have VGA output.

A:How to take HDMI output from old CPU which has only VGA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119395
^
there are vga to hdmi cables, but they WILL NOT WORK. you MUST buy an actual converter like above to convert an analog signal (VGA) to a digital signal (HDMI)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-take-hdmi-output-from-old-cpu-which-has-only-vga.186272/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello guys.
mu issue is more less common,at my home the electricity is neva stable..its on and of most times...so I woudnt say I used the switch button to turn my pc off.
but a lito while ago,I have this problem of checksum error default loading..poping on the screen,my mouse, keybord not rensponding with some strange noise..(bips) its wen I visited this site read about som tips on the CMOS battery changing ,jumper settings and re-set , but it neva worked so I went for repair it was ok..they tod mi the noise was the one of the RAM was faulty.but wen I went home I tried the other RAM teking off the current RAM one the pc replaced with the one he clamed was faulty was ok..that ment the RAM was finebut the RAM slot was nt not ok...nw same thing has happened and am prity confused...

A:Faulty RAM?

Are you having trouble with your keyboard, or is English not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.186050/
Relevancy 24.94%

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to add a port (there are currently 4) to my ATT gateway? I just got a verizon network extender and it, too, needs a place to be plugged in and I am out of ports. Do I need a new gateway?

Thank you ,

jim

A:Adding a port to 3801HGV Gateway?

Do I need a new gatewayClick to expand...

NO.
you can use a HUB or a SWITCH - - the latter is a better choice. neither use an IP address.
wiring is like

Code:
(uplink.wan.port)existing.router(one.lan.port)----(any.port)new.switch(3 more ports)
If you need to add WiFi, then use the same wiring as show, but get a WiFi router. Come back here and
we will help you config that choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-port-to-3801hgv-gateway.186085/
Relevancy 27.95%

I went to plug my Hdmi cable into the motherboards (asrock z77 1155) Hdmi port and it would not fit. There is nthing bent either on the cord or the port. The port looks good nothing broken looking about it at all.

I thought Hdmi cables were all the same size. Is it possible that the port was just made wrong? or is there a slightly smaller Hdmi chord? cause it wasn't off by a big scale it was just enough that it would not go in.

A:HDMI cable wouldn't fit

Sounds like you have a Display Port - looks just like HDMI but not compatible. Check your mobo documentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-cable-wouldnt-fit.185567/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a minecraft server, but I can't forward the port with my router. I believe the issue lies with the "LAN port" option. I don't know what to put for that.

I have a Netgear 7550. Can't seem to find any information on the router from netgear. My ISP is ATT.

A:MInecraft server port forwarding help

did you see the TUTORIAL on the subject? . . . if not, go to that forum and do some reading

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minecraft-server-port-forwarding-help.184159/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello, users!

Can somebody compare and contrast the significance between an HDMI cable and a DVI input? I've been thinking for so long that an HDMI input display has an advantage for LCD monitors than the DVI ones from a video card.

What could be the simplest way to determine that an HDMI cable indeed has little to offer than a DVI display?

I'm currently using DVI by default, but I heard recommendations from different forums that I switch to HDMI input. And it gets a little confusing. Thanks

A:HDMI vs. DVI

HDMI Supports audio in addition to digital video, Where DVI only supports digital video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-vs-dvi.183625/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,
For several weeks now I have been having a strange problem. I've been connecting my asus laptop (win7, radeon hd4670) to my tv via hdmi. However, recently, after anywhere between a few seconds to several minutes the display will disappear on the tv (no message or anything, just black) but the sound will remain. If I turn off the tv and turn it back on the display will reappear, only to have the problem repeat.

Its not the tv, tried other hdmi devices. Not the cable, used other cables. I've reinstalled the latest catalyst drivers, didn't help. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A:HDMI issues

You can try going into your gfx display settings or windows display settings(I think) and make it so when you do plug it into the tv it shuts off the laptop screen... Its worth a shot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-issues.180810/
Relevancy 28.38%

I can't see a difference in picture quality, and after some searching, I see they're basically the same, but I don't have many details. I'm wondering if and what would be the differences?
I run dual monitors and my normal setup is one DVI (25.5" monitor, which I run 1280x720) and one VGA (17" - 800x600)....Kinda outdated, I know, but it's what I'm used to. Everything's so tiny in 1920x1200...but is picture quality better? I guess I can't tell.
I just switched everything around and am running my 17" DVI in 800x600 and my 25.5 HDMI in 1920x1200. Can't tell any difference in either monitor. Watched a couple HD videos and played around with some websites, games, etc that I usually use.
Probably going back to what I'm used to..the blue and white...and my usual resolution.
Thanks for any help!

A:DVI vs HDMI?

The only difference between DVI and HDMI is that HDMI carries audio, DVI does not. You will not notice a difference in picture quality.

However you should always keep the monitors at their native resolution (I'm guessing your 25.5in is 1920x1200). If the text is too small then just increase the font size in the Control Panel. Monitors generally look terrible at non-native resolutions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-vs-hdmi.180124/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I purchased a new CPU a couple months ago and didn t bother to mess with the Bios after installing it Anyway the CPU I purchased was an AMD Phenom II X BE which as I understand is supposed to have all four cores unlocked from start with no need to do anything yourself Anyway some time had passed and about a month ago I was in my Bios messing around with some settings and noticed that under CPU Settings it showed something like this Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Unlocked Core - Locked I started up my computer without making changes to check what my computer said and sure enough in task manager it only showed three cores I m almost positive that I d remembered seeing four cores in the task manage on multiple occasions before but of course couldn t be sure So I m not sure if it was always like this from when I installed the CPU or if something changed it for the first month or two I had it installed Anyway went back into Bios and changed it to Unlocked and now all four cores show as unlocked and my computer seems to be running fine but now I am unable to see the temperature readouts for each of my cores--which I understand is a side effect from unlocking cores though I shouldn t be having that problem considering the BE is supposed to come with all four cores unlocked AFAIK I m not too concerned about the temperature thing really but I m just wondering if this would have any effect on my computer or if it could mean that the CPU is faulty or something along those lines I appreciate mean CPU 965 locked core, had BE AMD a faulty? this Phenom X4 is could my II any help thanks nbsp

A:AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE had a locked core, could this mean my CPU is faulty?

I think the the X4 BE is supposed to have 6 cores, with 2 of them locked out. It almost sounds like you have an X3, with 1 of 4 cores locked out. My 970 BE showed 6 cores, with 2 locked out, when I first got it. But I think I may have over-cooked it, or something, when I enabled all 6 cores, and overclocked it, because now it only shows 4 cores. None are locked, though. It runs fine at 4GHz, with 1.5V to it, and 17V to the cooling fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-ii-x4-965-be-had-a-locked-core-could-this-mean-my-cpu-is-faulty.178734/
Relevancy 25.37%

I got a Turtle Beach P11 Today i cant seem to get the mic to work.
I got a mobo: Gigabyte Z68x-Ud3h-b3
My Realtek cannot find the microphone usb port

A:USB port not detecting headset mic

Have you tried the headset in another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-port-not-detecting-headset-mic.178708/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello, i am using a seagate 1TB harddisk. When i connect it to usb port in front panel of my CPU, the computer is not detecting it.

But When i connect it to usb port in back panel of my cpu, It works fine. My system detects the hard disk and and everything is fine. How to correct this strange problem

Note : my Pen drive and other USB things works fine in all the ports in both front panel and back panel.
Please help me.each and Every time when i want to connect my hard disk, I have to take my CPU out from its shelf and connect it in the back usb port. Its tideous for me.

A:Seagate external hard disk not detected in front panel USB port

Well not exactly knowing what type of a computer we are talking about here, I can only say, that what your are reporting is completely normal. Most computers I've ever touched have passive styled USB ports on the front of the computer, and aggressive USB ports off the back that can handle just about anything you can hook up to it.

So stop trying to connect that external hard drive off the front, not enough power and not enough data exchange rates. I would recommend that if you have all your USB ports off the back of the computer taken, I would start thinking seriously about an "amplified" 4 port USB HUB. Remember the HUB your looking for has it's own power source, and does not relying on the computer at all for it's power.

The following one is a good one, a friend of mine got her's about a month ago and has not yet reported any problems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...+-+Network+/+USB+/+Firewire-_-Syba-_-17801083

Hope this all helps....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-disk-not-detected-in-front-panel-usb-port.178676/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two GTX ti GPUs that I need to RMA because they crash when running DX applications at factory speeds these are gigabyte overclocked cards MHz core and the only way to faulty 560 GTX Ti Two GPUs avert the crash is by under-clocking the core I purchased them from two different websites one in March one in June is it necessary to send the Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs correct item to the right retailer i e will they have any way to check serial numbers and things is there any way I could identify which one is which I have them both certain I know which GPU I bought second still has the cover over the DVI port not sure about the packaging though It s a fiddly problem but I feel I need to get to the bottom of it because they probably get a lot of customers cheekily trying to return old broken hardware Both are under warranty and I am fully confident I will be able to exchange them for a replacement refund My brother uses the same GPU and does not experience the same fault I suspect it was an issue with earlier models as he purchased his in september Any advice or ideas nbsp

A:Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs

The warranty/RMA will be tied to the serial numbers. White sticker with bar code- which should be between the front GPU heatsink screw and the solder points for the cards VRM. I Think most Gigabyte boards only have two stickers attached- the white serial and a green QC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-faulty-gtx-560-ti-gpus.177912/
Relevancy 24.94%
A:Cisco epc2325 port forwarding

That page is for configuring port range forwarding. If you are forwarding a single port the start and end port should be the same. The Local IP Adr is the IP address of your minecraft server (should be static LAN IP). Tick the enable checkbox.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-epc2325-port-forwarding.177585/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everybody,

Well the title says it all, will it work if i do that?

Thank you for your time

A:Connect graphics card PCI-E 2.0 to PCI-E port

Yes, it will work. You will just be limited to the bandwidth of PCIe 1, which should not be noticeable in most cases.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-graphics-card-pci-e-2-0-to-pci-e-port.177562/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have done all the steps on the default guide for portforwarding. I set a static IP with the program and I put it for the ports 25565 and 43594. But when I check with the port checker it says closed. I have Norton 360 firewall and I allowed those ports. Still won't work! I have teamviewer.

A:Need help port forwarding

Which guide are you referring to?

You have to forward the require ports to your pc (router settings). Then open your firewall, also make sure you turn off built-in firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-port-forwarding.177069/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am looking to upgrade my video card to one of these cards:

Sapphire 512Mb
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?psn=000101&pid=315&lid=1#

Sapphire 1Gb:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=316#

My main concern is if my current setup (See specs below) has enough resources/power to run the card.

Thanks
Scott

Memory: (2x) Kingston 1Gb 240-Pin DDr2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (2 Gb)
Video card: ATI Radeon X1550 256Mb
WindowsXP SP3

A:Sapphire HD 5450 512MB DDR3 PCIe HDMI

400 watts is cutting it close but should be okay. Is your x1550 an AGP card or PCI express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-hd-5450-512mb-ddr3-pcie-hdmi.176864/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys I recently purchased the Z Extreme Gen motherboard and have been very satisfied with my choice so far However today I was using my computer and running some benchmarks for my graphics card As a result of that my AMD driver crashed and I restarted the computer as a result After restarting my computer I have been having issues with the USB ports on my motherboard in regard to using USB devices When booting into windows the mouse cursor would move as you might expect however I am unable to click on anything In order to be able to click again I need to press Ctrl Alt Del and click twice to open the task manager After doing that I am able to click again on desktop icons and the windows start button but the mouse doesn t work in specific programs like Mumble a voice chat program and I am also unable to use the thumb buttons on my Razer DeathAdder mouse I have tried using multiple mice with all USB ports available on my motherboard and case Yet none of them appear to function the USB issue Extreme3 Gen3 port ASRock way they are ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 USB port issue meant to So the problem cannot ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 USB port issue lie with the mice I also have connectivity issues with both my Logitech G Keyboard and Logitech G USB Headset When in the Logitech software the headset keeps dis- and re-connecting So there is obviously an issue with the USB port hardware BIOS that I am unable to account for I tried everything I could come up with to try and solve the problem by myself These are the following steps I have taken to try and solve my issue but none of them have resolved the issue -I formatted my SSD and reinstalled Windows -Downloaded the latest AMD drivers to ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 USB port issue see if that may resolve the issue it didn t -Installed the latest drivers for all my USB devices with no solution Slightly frustrated I checked online to find other users of Z chipset motherboards describing the same issues One of them explained that when he entered BIOS and disabled USB support that his mouse plugged into a USB port functioned properly again So I did exactly that and to my surprise the USB mouse worked again but now I was unable to connect any devices in my USB slot Which of course is not acceptable So I did some more research and found a thread in which other ASRock users had the same issues and one of the moderators said to update their BIOS to the latest version For them it appeared to solve the issue So I checked my BIOS version and I had v and saw that was the newest one So I downloaded the latest BIOS software that installs via windows not DOS or BIOS Having done this successfully I boot into windows to find to my dismay that all the issues have returned again So here I am now clueless of what to do and asking for guidance and a resolution I am sincerely looking forward to your answers and suggestions baN My specs CPU i k GHz Motherboard ASRock Extreme Gen Memory Corsair Vengeance GB MHz Videocard Sapphire HD Cooling Corsair H Push Config Hard Disk s Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe GB Other drives WD Caviar Black TB rpm Case Corsair R Other Peripherals Logitech G and Razer DeathAdder Operating System Windows Ultimate bit nbsp

A:ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 USB port issue

Have you tried resetting your CMOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme3-gen3-usb-port-issue.176406/
Relevancy 32.68%

I hv a Dell Latitude D600 with faulty thermal sensor that show constant 85celcius even just boot and the air that blown out were not even warm. The fan were always at fullspeed. It throttle down to the lowest speed(500mhz).

I did remove the heatsink n clean all dust

I did replace the thermal paste

i replace another processor to confirm that is not a faulty processor's thermal sensor

I tried to change power setting to 'Always On' and is still the same

I tried to overclock it using NHC but its still slow

Anyway that i can disable the temp throttle down?
I dont care if that overheat my laptop as if i have to use a laptop with 500mhz i rather try to cure it.
Btw this is an unused anymore,i just wanna try to fix/modify to make it fullspeed again.
Thanks for viewing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d600-faulty-thermal-sensor.176799/
Relevancy 24.94%

I've had a Patriot - Dash flash drive for over a year now and all of a sudden it's not working. I plug it into the computer and it can't even detect it. I then tried my PS3 with no luck followed by an unsuccessful try with my DVD player's USB port. The blue LED light doesn't flash and no system will detect it. Just a few days ago I was enjoying movies on the thing, and apparently something happened.

My question is, can this problem be fixed? Does my Dash have no hope?

Thank you and apologies if this question has already been answered before.

A:Flash drive undetected in any USB port

Not much hope there... go to the Patriot site and try their tools to recover it... but you may have damaged the drive if you have been carrying it around in your pocket. What you report makes it sound a bit hopeless.
Try patriotmemory.com, and search for Patriot Flash Support, as well as Patriot Memory downloads...
Sometimes their tools will help you recover the drive, but not what was on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-drive-undetected-in-any-usb-port.176513/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am looking for a port replicator or docking system. I want to be able to plug my laptop into it and use my normal keyboard, monitor and mouse. It has to have dual video though. It will be a Dell inspiron latptop and Dell is no help in this case. Yes I know Dell sucks but it isn't for me it is for my boss. Any suggestions?

A:Looking for a port replicator

Dells do not suck. There are a great number of Dells with huge numbers of happy owners. Some of the cheap ones suck. And some with the wrong owners suck.
There are many port replicators, and many are sold on eBay and at Dell support sites.
But I would get my boss to buy a Dell that has a specific port replicator...
Or else I would learn how to burn my files to disk, or a backup external hard drive.
We need to know which Inspiron, age, operating system, memory, hard drive and such.
I would want to back up my data to an external hard drive, then tune up the existing install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-port-replicator.176070/
Relevancy 27.95%

The graphics are just onboard graphics ATI Radeon 4250. I've been running this to my LCD Tv for almost a year now. Yesterday I unplugged it for a while and left it running, eventually plugging in a VGA monitor. When I went to switch back in the HDMI it doesn't recognize the TV whatsoever.

I go into properties and click detect, nothing. I went into the CCC and nothing. I've tried multiple cables and whatnot and still nothing. Seriously what the hell happened that all of a sudden my HDMI port won't work?

A:HDMI no longer working

Well if its broken its broken all you can do is RMA it. However its also possible its a driver thing, try uninstalling and reinstalling them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-no-longer-working.175745/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a 2 TB Western Digital My Book 3.0. The USB Port on my hard drive broke, so I can no longer access it on my laptop or desktop via USB. Is there any other way for me to access my data? Would I have to open it up?

A:USB port on external hard drive broke. How can I access it?

Short of taking it somewhere for repair, it sounds like you're going to have to open up the case to get inside the drive. Once you've done that, you have two options:

1) If the connector is still functional you can connect it to your computer with the case removed and transfer your data, or

2) You can disconnect the bare drive from the guts in your case and connect it directly to your motherboard so that you can read the data from it.

....or purchase another enclosure of the correct size 2.5inch or 3.5inch

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-port-on-external-hard-drive-broke-how-can-i-access-it.175780/
Relevancy 28.38%

i have asrock fatal1ty z68 profesional gen3 mo bo with 2 hdmi sockets,
i only wan to use 1. which 1 do i use please ??

A:I have two HDMI sockets, which one do I use?

should not matter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-two-hdmi-sockets-which-one-do-i-use.174335/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-US2H mobo with radeon HD 4200 graphics. It has HDMI 1.3 and I have an old TV lying around which happens to have HDMI input. I just built a new PC so, I decided to hook up these 2 and make a Boxee box.

I have Ubuntu installed on the to-be boxee and on the new machine I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

When I plug in the HMDI cable, nothing happens, that is, no display on the TV. I even doubled checked everything-input, cable!

Am I doing something wrong here? The TV is a Hitachi L32S02A.

The cable is HDMI 1.3 one.

I even tried the new PC which has my Radeon HD 6770 on it-still nothing!

What should I try now?

A:No signal through HDMI

Change your resolution to 1366x768 or lower and make sure the refresh rate is 60 before connecting to the tv..? Set tv to hdmi1 or hdmi2 input.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-through-hdmi.174347/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 27.09%

On my PC there are two DVI outputs, I have been using a DVI cable with my LCD monitor in 1920x1080 without problems. I bought a DVI to HDMI cable (DVI on computer, HDMI in monitor) but the whole screen doesn't show, there is a bit missing from each side and the top and bottom.

I am using windows 7, its like my computer is displaying 1920x1080 but the monitor shows a resolution slightly lower. I have a nvidia 460SE, in the nvidia CP when I am connected through my DVI-HDMI cable, all the selectable screen resolutions disappear leaving me with no selection.

How can I get full 1080p resolution?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

A:Why doesn't my new DVI to HDMI cable show my whole screen?

what is the specified refresh rate of your monitor @ 1080, and what refresh rate are you set at now?

and this is a DVI to HDMI cable, and not an adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-my-new-dvi-to-hdmi-cable-show-my-whole-screen.173051/
Relevancy 33.11%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 24.94%

Dual port NIC for teaming (desktops) question

Hi,

I am currently learning some basic networking stuff. Is it true that desktop motherboards cannot support NIC teaming using dual port NIC's and that they are for servers only?

Thanks!

A:Dual port NIC for teaming (desktops)

this one StarTech

says:OS Compatibility Windows® 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2003 (32/64-bit)/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ 7 (32/64-bit), WinCE 4.2/ 5.0 Linux Kernel 2.4.x and later Mac OS 10.4 (Intel-based) SCO OpenServer 5.0.7/ 6, and Novell​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-port-nic-for-teaming-desktops.172356/
Relevancy 27.95%

Sorry if this is a long question A about DVI HDMI output and winded question When I use DVI output my monitor allows me to choose from certain presets like quot game quot or quot movie quot that effect brightness etc There is a quot Dynamic contrast quot preset which gives by far the best colours however it is no good for even mildly dark scenes However if I use HDMI output I cannot choose them as the colours seem much better and choosing the preset is not necessary it looks as good as DVI using quot dynamic contrast quot and works in dark scenes perfectly When using DVI I am on my PC as it has no HDMI output When using HDMI output I am using the PS which has no DVI A question about DVI and HDMI output output In both cases I am using the same monitor Now to my question if I buy a DVI to HDMI cable will the output of my PC be the same as the output of my PS ie perfect colours brightness from using HDMI Thanks nbsp

A:A question about DVI and HDMI output

The answer is probably. Your monitor probably isn't smart enough to be able to distinguish between a DVI to HDMI converter cable and a regular HDMI cable. But you simply will not know for sure until you try. For some reason your TV manufacturer decided that you would not be allowed to fine tune the picture while using DVI or maybe the DVI connector simply bypasses the "fine tuning" circuits.

I have a both a DVI and an HDMI output on my video card, but my monitor (32" JVC TV) only has HDMI inputs and I'm currently using a DVI to HDMI cable to run the video to the monitor. The TV allows me to make any adjustments using either a HDMI cable or a DVI to HDMI cable, but the video is brighter when using an HDMI cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-question-about-dvi-and-hdmi-output.171466/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have an Iiyama ProLite E1700S flat screen monitor - recently, the blue Contrast/Brightness dialogue box has started to appear (initially on/off, now permanently on) for no reason - have tried everything I can think of to "reset" the screen, but suspect it's gone faulty - any ideas? - worth repairing? - or just ditch it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-iiyama-flat-screen-monitor.168956/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi Peeps,
I just got my box of googies to start a new build but i am trying to get a HDMI cable for the GT430.

In the description for the card it says its a type 'C' but all i can see on the cable side of things are types like 1.3b or V1.4 ?

So i have selected this cable...

Xenta Gold Plated V1.4 HDMI

Would it be ok to use with this graphics card ?

Gigabyte GT430

Thanks for any info offered

Regards,

A:Gigabyte GT 430 HDMI version?

Yeah, if can plug in the standard TV type HDMI cable to your video card, you're golden.

The "1.3 or 1.4" issue, (or perhaps hype), pertains to data throughput, and not the physical connection configuration, so even type 1.3 will suffice for 1080p.

The 2 Gigabyte boards I have with IGP, take the standard HDMI cable, same as you would use to hook up a Blu-Ray or DVD player to your TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-gt-430-hdmi-version.168644/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey all The Issue I Have recently purchased a laptop with windows XP preinstalled high-grade drive Faulty DVD on laptop on it has COA key and eveything seemed to be working until i updated the Webcam drivers Suddenly the laptop stopped working and kept getting a BSOD so i re-installed XP and re-instlled the drivers for the laptop but now the DVD drive doesn t work properly When i insert a DVD film into the drive the film will play using Power Cyberlink DVD player but if i try to open the DVD from quot My Computer quot the disc appears to be blank This also happend with DVD Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop s where i have backed up data etc Also eveytime i start the laptop up it keeps trying to install two quot Base System Device quot I have tried allowing the laptop to install these devices but each time it tells me the device quot was not installed correctly quot I am confused as to why this is and was just wondering if i had installed the correct drivers for the laptop or not or if perhaps my DVD drive is on t its way out Laptop Specs Hi-Grade Notebook Pentium INtel T Dual Core Gb RAM Gb HDD Windows XP PRO Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop SP Model No W S I do have a genuine copy of Windows Home Premium with a COA but im reluctant to install this without a fully working DVD Drive thanks in advance James nbsp

A:Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop

I can't find W76S on Hi-Grade's site, so I don't know what extras the laptop has. And their FTP server for driver download appears to be offline. Do you still have the CD/DVD w/ device drivers that came with the laptop? Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, card-reader, etc. from that disc.

The other option is take a look at Device Manager. Look at the properties for those w/ exclamation marks. There should be a Details tab. Select Hardware Ids under Property, and you should get couple things in the Value box. Hopefully, the 1st one will help you identify the make and from there, the right driver. If not, try using the 2nd value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-dvd-drive-on-high-grade-laptop.168437/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi
Please can anyone tell me if my keyboard is faulty or not ?
Symptoms is i start the laptop up fine and works web, office etc but then after a few mintues it goes haywire and the mouse goes really erractic fire over the screen and wont stay in one place its like its got the shakes, Any know what my fault is a friend said to me that happened with him and his was faulty keyboard. Anyone any suggestions please ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop keyboard problem faulty or not?

Yes, I would say replace the keyboard too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1525-laptop-keyboard-problem-faulty-or-not.167933/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello,
My Pc is IBM Lenovo A63, intel core 2 duo 2gb ram, 320gb HDD.
Windows 7 - 32bit.
after opening my desktop pc i found a number (intel nh82801gb) and now i want to find out if i can make a change with my graphic card.
i want to put a card with an HDMI output, so i can watch movies & sound from my pc throught my av receiver.
my questions are:
1) which card do you thing is the best?
2) how can i know what is better to use DDR3 or DDR2?
3)and what shall i use? 512 Mb or 1GB?
thank you

A:HDMI graphic card -- built in audio

most new graphics cards have a HDMI output with built-in audio...please tell us what ur budget is, so we can recommend cards accordingly .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-graphic-card-built-in-audio.167396/
Relevancy 24.51%

My area experienced a power outage last night during a thunderstorm My computer is plugged into a surge protector but my modem is not and I m using a wired connection When I got home from work I discovered that not only did the power working outage after not port power Ethernet outage knock out my internet service something on the ISP side but it also did something to my ethernet port I can see the device in the BIOS and in the Device Manager and also in Network Connections but no matter what I plug into it it just says quot network cable unplugged quot I definitely have a cable plugged into it and into my modem which is on and working just not connecting to the internet and I know that the cable is fine I tested it for continuity and I tried a different cable When I plug something in the lights that normally Ethernet port not working after power outage indicate activity or at least the existence of a cable don t light up so I m a little worried I realize that a surge from the power coming back on might very well have fried the circuitry but I m Ethernet port not working after power outage confused because knock on wood nothing else appears to be damaged in my computer and the modem itself appears perfectly fine with the exception that it won t connect to the internet which like I said is due to a problem with AT amp T s lines Is there some diagnostic that I can run or something I can do to verify the integrity of the ethernet port If I look at the motherboard itself would it be possible to see any potential damage I would think that if the circuit was fried it wouldn t show up at all but it s there it even has the name and everything It s an onboard quot NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller quot and I m running Windows x I can t afford to buy a new NIC card so any help will be appreciated Edit I should also add that I plugged a USB wireless adapter into my computer and it worked fine connected to the modem which is a wireless router as well just fine and I tested it by also connecting my Xbox wirelessly and streaming music worked perfectly nbsp

A:Ethernet port not working after power outage

A new network card about the cheapest thing you can purchase, in respect of hardware.

It sounds like your ethernet port has received some volts through it, due to the thunderstorm. Its possible it has caused more damage unknown to you currently as well.

If it worked before the thunderstorm, and thats the only change, thats the reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-port-not-working-after-power-outage.167392/
Relevancy 27.09%

Bought a gtx 460 for some reason. And for some other reason HDMI is shown as no input. I read somewhere to get audio through hdmi u have to enable it throguh bios have to enable visual hdmi there as well?

Also I wanted to know a good program that lets me see how my video card is performing and if its being bottleknecked?

A:Can't get Mini HDMI input to work from graphics card

If you want to check if your video card is being bottlenecked, just open up resource manager and play any game you like.

Check how much strain is being put on the cpu and compare it to the gpu usage.

GPU-Z is my personal favorite gpu monitoring program. Get it from TechPowerUp.

If you have a core 2 duo running under 3.5 ghz it'll most likely be a bottleneck in modern games.

However, with a quad core with a clock rate of at least 2.5 or so then you should be fine.

Also, it really depends on the game.

Older games less cores doesn't really matter as much as the gpu. Newer games can become really demanding on both the cpu and gpu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-mini-hdmi-input-to-work-from-graphics-card.167264/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

Can you help me guide on "Port Forwarding"? I tried to access my router and added ports to forward as I've seen other guides here on the net, but when I check it with "PFportchecker" Software, it said my port is not open or unreachable.

My router is D-Link DI-604.

Please Help!=(

A:D-Link DI-604 port forwarding

there's a difference between an Open Port and having access to a service On That Port.

Requirements:
the machine which has the desired program (or better said, service) must have a fixed IP address, not one assigned by DHCP
the router then forwards port xxx to that fixed address
the firewall on the target system must allow incoming traffic on that port(s)
AND the program/service must be running.
then and only then will a probe like PFportchecker find it 'open'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-di-604-port-forwarding.165121/