Windows Support Forum

Lost Wireless capability on HP DV9000 laptop

Q: Lost Wireless capability on HP DV9000 laptop

Hi, all!

Our laptop, HP Pavilion DV9000 (Vista Home), is equiped with a wireless wi-fi card. Suddenly, there is no connection to our router, hence no internet. I went into the System, Device manager, to check the status. I could not find anything on the wi-fi card, just the standard network controller.

I tried to open HP Wireless Assistant program, it would not launch.

Can someone advise if it's a hardware problem, that the wi-fi card needs to be replaced?

Thanks so much in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost Wireless capability on HP DV9000 laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost Wireless capability on HP DV9000 laptop

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. The On/Off toggle in front is glowing amber, no matter which way I flip it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-wireless-capability-on-hp-dv9000-laptop.146763/
Relevancy 71.81%

error message says to turn on wireless capability eithier with switch on side or front ( is none) or with function keys...anyone know what function keys to press?  thanks so much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-do-you-turn-on-wireless-capability-on-hp-laptop/td-p/5710941
Relevancy 69.66%

I seem to be having quite a bit of trouble with my asus laptop lately It started with a hotspot virus that and turning Laptop uninstalling capability wireless prgrammes off malfunctioning, kept redirecting my webpages my virus scanner seems to have Laptop malfunctioning, wireless capability turning off and prgrammes uninstalling stopped that now but Im wondering was this what started it Iv also started using a lan cable These are the only two new things I can think of SO when I use my wireless I alternate between this and lan it keeps turning off and error comes up wireless capability is turned off so I have to turn it back on Then I noticed some of my programmes stopped working my photo editer ACDsee windows media player adobe reader and java When I try and reinstall them nothing happens and there is all kind of errors sometimes they just stop installing and I get no error So I am now without all these programmes I just started an online course and couldnt run blackboard today due to an error about java but yet I cant download java I used system restore as far back as I could but it was only days and it didnt work Not sure what to do now as Im totally baffled

A:Laptop malfunctioning, wireless capability turning off and prgrammes uninstalling

you need to have the experts in the malware section to take a look at your system. Please follow the steps from the following

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-malfunctioning-wireless-capability-turning-off-and-prgrammes-uninstalling-896634.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hi All i am having a problem, my hdd just faild and is not working any more so i checked and cant be repaired, i want now to use my Second HDD to Recover Visata , but i never did make a copy of recovery dvd because i thought that Recovery disk that was showing is se[erate from C, any body have any ideal how can i download this 2 DVD or is posible to download on USB and recoverd from there,I have checked my Box ther is only one page cd printed and is explaining that you can create recovery DVD or you can use Partition Recovery HP to recovery your Llap top but now is to late.
please help or if you have link i will download

A:Lost recovery Partition DV9000

If you can't get into the Recovery Partition, HP offers a replacement. With the partition it takes about a half hour to restore the OEM to its original condition. If you have to order the replacement, count on eight hours plus all the restoring of backup and program replacement times.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-recovery-partition-dv9000-663725.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft on lost dv9000 XP Pavillion audio my Pro Solved: Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Solved: XP Pro on Pavillion dv9000 lost my audio X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Solved: XP Pro on Pavillion dv9000 lost my audio Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta D None Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled big problems I have spent well over hours trying to fix this headache a few days ago AVG Free posted a window quot we have found x number of virus on your computer Allow us to send to vault quot trusted program so I agreed oooppss the result was at least for now my audio is gone the speaker icon on startup bar is gone in Control Panel says quot no audio device quot conexant HD audio smart audio when anything pops up in windows I hear a quot beep quot but that is the only sound I can get I have tried uninstalling the Conexant HD Audio device and re-installing via the HP website am unable to install drivers it will not accept them I have checked all the obvious - bios windows sound is quot started quot In control panel-system-device mgr there is a yellow question mark quot other devices quot then under that quot audio device on high def audio bus quot I even retrieved the files from the avg vault and then ran malwarebytes on my system turning up no issues but sound still does not work looked on forums and tried several remedies to no avail Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

My HP Touchsmart IQ was upgraded from Vista to Win bit several years ago I just recently started using a Verbatim Easy Riser bluetooth mouse and a Philips SBH Bluetooth Capability Lost bluetooth stereo headset on it never before having used bluetooth It worked after a fashion pretty well Every couple of days I would have Lost Bluetooth Capability to re-install the headset and I as looking for a fix to have the headset stay installed so that all I would have to do was to connect each time I installed an MS quickfix yesterday which sounded as though it might solve my Lost Bluetooth Capability problem Ever since I have absolutely no bluetooth activity although the Device Manager says the Module and Enumerator are working Lost Bluetooth Capability properly with a yellow problem signal triangle on the Radio I have tried several bluetooth drivers HP MS generic from other sites Something must be missing besides the driver s When I could re-install the headset it sometimes took three or four tries even though it was indicated as installed and ready for use The mouse is no longer installed either and I have had no luck trying to install a bluetooth adapter I had for my XP I don t know if I can undo the quickfix and I don t even know how to find out what the MS number for it is We have a local computer doctor who I am confident can get me out of this mess but I would like to save a few bucks if I can Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I used to be able to burn CD's & play music from my drive but now I can not. I am still able to play DVD's though. I have removed the SCSI cables internally & also tried to Rollback the driver but there wasn't a rollback point. I have also deleted the drive, restarted the PC and also downloaded the driver from a website. HELP! I'm running a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1693S. The Device Manager recognizes it & states that it is working properly.

I have been able to burn Music & read CD's on this device but now I can not.

Relevancy 59.77%

Looking for help on IP address and network problems. Limited or no connectivity. When I go to IPCONFIG no IP address found. What can I do? If anyone has any network experience it will help - If you wish to do this via phone please call my office at 800-377-3877 and ask for either Mike or Rick we are trind to fix. Much thanks

A:I Lost My Ip Address And No Longer Have Any Network Capability

I am assuming you have a basic modem\router\hub DSL or cable internet\LAN. Unplug your Modem (If it has a battery back up remove it), router, and hub. Turn all computers and network devices off. This includes all devices and\or computers that are working properly.
Wait one minute and turn the Modem on. Wait another minute and turn the router and hub on. Wait a minute tur everything else on.

Let us know if this fixes it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56013/i-lost-my-ip-address-and-no-longer-have-any-network-capability/
Relevancy 59.77%

I posted this in a similar thread but thought I should start a new thread since that one was marked quot solved quot After many failed attempts to download the AVG upgrade thru CNET and other sites I ve used AVG for a few years and never had problems upgrading 9.0 AVG Solved: and lost dial-up capability installed in the past I decided to uninstall AVG and download AVG directly from the AVG home site After uninstalling I lost my dial-up Internet capability Called AT amp T support and the Solved: installed AVG 9.0 and lost dial-up capability second agent first agent was useless got it back Successfully downloaded the day free trial on AVG Internet Security on the first try - noticed the download speed had doubled - and promptly lost my network connection again It dials connects and gives me an Error which indicates a problem with the network connection settings Calls to AT amp T support Solved: installed AVG 9.0 and lost dial-up capability have been less than helpful The PC is an older Dell running XP Any suggestions Thanks Char nbsp

A:Solved: installed AVG 9.0 and lost dial-up capability

Long story short - noticed that the AVG firewall wasn't activated due to a driver error. Checked into AVG's customer support site AGAIN after I found out that DH wrote my license number down incorrectly. I went into "network connections", unchecked an AVG filter, rechecked it and noticed there were no DNS numbers listed where they were asked for. I have no idea what those are, but I knew I had them written down from eons ago when we first got online. Entered the DNS numbers, rebooted and VOILA! I'm back online. Evidently AVG blocks your Internet connection when the firewall won't work. Not sure if it was the AVG filter or the DNS numbers, but hey, who cares?

Char

P.S. AT&T gets slammed b/c of their lousy foreign customer support that said I had a bad modem and got nasty when I disagreed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-avg-9-0-and-lost-dial-up-capability.883078/
Relevancy 59.77%

i have just added a laptop OS windows 7 to my home network, everything was ok , i could transfer files, use printer until the weekend, now i cant connect to any drive on a different pc, and get error saying can not connect, my man pc sees the laptop fine, and vice versa , all the drives are shared and both in homegroup, laptop is wireless and connects to internet fine, i tried it hardwired as well to no avail. turn all firewalls and security off to see if that was stopping it , still no joy, bit odd as ive installed nothing new , just couldnt connect after rebooting the laptop , any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

A:lost capability to connect to other drives on network

::BUMP::

I'm having the same issue. Mine's been going on a lot longer though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112940-lost-capability-connect-other-drives-network.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,
I just got an HPpavilion dv9000, and have a d link di-624 router (that i used to connect to the internet with my previous note book, i had a network with my roomate's computer, which was hooked to the router and cable modem). It so happens that i've tried everything to connect to the wireless network, but never succeeded. the computer identified the network but doesn't connect to it, claiming "windows did not receive any response from the wireless router"... i also tried conneting the combuter to a cable network, and it didn't work either. my operating system is window vista. What should I do?
Thanks for your time and help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-a-wireless-network-with-an-hp-pavilion-dv9000-205784.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I use Audacity to record from various analogue sources, using the line-in capability of the combo socket.
With the latest Windows 10 update, this is gone.
Line-in doesn't appear in the recording devices list of the audio mixer nor the list in Audacity.
I have re-installed Realtek drivers and the drivers from the Toshiba site but the fault remains.
Has anybody else had the same problem and has anybody found a solution?
Thanks,
PCPlod

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89973-Satellite-C50-B-15W-combo-jack-has-lost-line-in-capability
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok until today reconfig Hardware Solved: caused email lost capability I had an odd setup where my modem was connected to the computer via USB and the router D-Link was connected to this computer Win kPro via the network port internet was served via a software proxy on this machine This machine however direct connected to the internet - only others used the proxy Well unlike my last modem the one I ve received with my new ISP I ve moved to a different country can connect to a router So I connected the adsl through the modem the modem to the router and Solved: Hardware reconfig caused lost email capability the router to the computer All is well on the internet All is not so well with email I ve completely lost SMTP on all accounts - get Sending of message failed The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server server failed In addition I ve lost POP access but oddly to only one of my email domains It appears I ve also lost access to internet radio it says connecting but never actually does However as you can see regular websurfing appears to be working fine I can connect to the modem through an IP address which is not on the same subnet as my own internal network Problem is I don t know if it s the modem the router or my ISP that s causing these problems I suspect it s local though Any help appreciated jmc nbsp

A:Solved: Hardware reconfig caused lost email capability

Never mind. I thought all SMTP connections were failing, but it was just because the "bad" one was being used as default. Turns out the server is being rebooted.

Next time I'll remember to check that first. Very rare happening, probably only one other time in the 5 or so years with this host.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hardware-reconfig-caused-lost-email-capability.481964/
Relevancy 58.48%

i have an HP dv9000 and when i press the power button the blue lights come on but the screen does not come on. i can hear the CD rom drive humming. the hard drive is fine. i checked it on another pc. i hooked it up to an external monitor but nothing comes on. what could be the problem? dead motherboard? solutions? its a bit more than a year old and its not under warranty. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-does-not-boot.847905/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Vista friends I admit I know a good deal about Wintel pc's but I try to avoid vista like Classic capability Aero image & SP2 lost Vista Premium Home the plague and counsel others to do likewise so this may be an ignoramus question but an honest one This HP minitower with gb ram vista home premium sp is now running quite well enormously better than when I first picked it up the one remaining Vista Home Premium SP2 lost Aero & Classic image capability irritant is that none of the desktop manager options can succeed in displaying an image as the desktop background and unfortunately that's the way the owner wants to see her desktop the Advanced system settings when Performance- optioned for quot Best Appearance quot seem to all work properly but does not solve the issue Likewise switching from Aero to Vista Basic to Windows Classic to whatever does not help either no matter which is invoked browsing an image file and applying it as wallpaper has seemingly no effect nothing on the desktop but the chosen background color I am wondering if one of the several image viewers handlers could be the culprit does Vista rely on some image-viewing widget to do this task I ran Vista Repair process from startup but unsurprisingly it shows no errors I downloaded to try a theme The theme installed on the system correctly apparently I select the theme and everything about it seems to be setup properly except it cannot display the default chosen gorgeous background image The only other oddity that might shed light on this for someone more knowledgeable than I is this If I browse folders for images to use as background w'paper or invoke a theme's image I can see the thumbnail correctly ONLY if I hit the quot browse quot button select a folder location and drilldown on it The image thumbnails that are supposed to display in the box below that button in the Display Properties tab window are messed up they appear to be low-resolution Quicktime image icons instead of the actual thumbnails Conversely to repeat myself if I deliberately browse-to and select a folder that has some images they look proper I'm uninstalling QT now just to see if that has any bearing its old and questionable Any ideas

A:Vista Home Premium SP2 lost Aero & Classic image capability

There is no reason for Vista bashing, which is as good OS as any other, which came out of Redmond.
One computer experience is simply meaningless.

Now...you said, you have some "post-infection" issues.
Are you sure, your computer is totally clean?
Who did the cleaning?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320385/vista-home-premium-sp2-lost-aero-classic-image-capability/
Relevancy 57.62%

please help

I have a HP DV9OOO laptop runing windows 7 basic 64bit, my laptop has crash and wont start it get far as giving me option for safe mode ect. when i press E8 or E11 nothing happen. However i did manager once to get to safe mode and the following information appeared

View problem details:

Problem Signature
Problem Event Name startupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 10675141
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: corruptfile
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.2561
Locale ID: 1033

Its also says operating system not found, can you please help me and provide me with information how to get my laptop working again MUCH APPRECIATED

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-dv9000-wont-boot.1083131/
Relevancy 57.62%

hello, yesterday i formated my hp pavilion dv9000 laptop with xp and now i have some problems. The hp wireless assistant tells that LAN is disabled and i can't way where can i enable it. i have installed all the drivers and stuff but still in device manager it tells that some internet drivers are missing T_T Can somebody tell me what to i have to do next? T_T

http://i27.tinypic.com/n6x4w7.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-hp-pavilion-dv9000-laptop.685620/
Relevancy 57.62%

Did all HP Pavilion DV9000 laptops ship with dual hard disk capability?

If not, is there an easy way to determine which ones did and which ones did not?

A:HP Laptop DV9000 - How many hard disks?

Just saw another web site that brings up another question:

Is there a limit on the size of the disks I can put into each bay on the DV9000 systems that have the two-hard-disk capability?

The reason I ask is I already have a DV6000 running Windows 7, 32-bit with a 640G that seems to work just fine and I was hoping to be able to use two very large (maybe up to 1TB) in each bay on the DV9000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-dv9000-how-many-hard-disks.968334/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a IBM X31 thinkpad laptop which I have had the hard drive replaced. I have no OEM discs but have loaded Windows XP professional 2002 with SP3. After a great deal of time I have found drivers for all hardware from either the IBM (Lenovo) website or from driver detective with the exception of the network controller whiich I assume controls the wireless capabilities of the computer. I have tried to turn on/off the wireless capability using the f5 key to no avail. I'm unsure of what to do next.

A:wireless capability

Whats the type-model number of your laptop? Should be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

Also try installing the IBM System Update utility: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/TVSU-UPDATE.html

Then run it and download any drivers and software it shows available for your laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability.850657/
Relevancy 57.62%

Having issues with the wireless capability on my laptop.
It's an Asus, but I don't have a book or anything stating specs. etc. We bought it off a friend.
What I have done.
Troubleshoot
Troubleshoot tells me that the laptop is unable to connect and I should try enabling wifi via a button or FN+F2 (F2 has the wifi icon) This doesn't change anything.
Went to Network and Sharing Centre and disabled the button that stops it connecting when the battery is low.

I am not completely inept when it comes to technical computer stuff, but I am no expert. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello No wireless capability all I was hoping someone could offer advice on a pesky problem I have with my sons school laptop He has a relatively new Acer Travelmate P -M SNID Win bit which just last Monday could not connect to the school server or my modem at home we can connect with a wire or a dongle but not with the inbuilt wireless adapter I have been to Acer site and downloaded the relevant drivers for the devices listed in Device manager and they are all updated The list under Network adapters is Bluetoothx Intel Dual Broad band wireless n Intel ethernet Microsoft virtual mini port adapterx I'm assuming the Intel Broadband wireless adapter is the one that connects wirelessly to the internet No wireless capability So when the computer starts it looks for a connection but message says no connection available so I trouble shoot and get quot Turn on wireless capability quot by using the function keys so I do this eventhough the wireless lamp is indicating it's on but no good This is a bit frustrating now as everything seems like it's working as it should be but something is blocking the wireless starting up or so it seems Now I've been onto Acer support but they only checked the device manager for warnings but everything is good their next suggestion is a factory reset that's something I don't want to do at this stage especially mid school term I ran scannow and it fixed some errors but couldn't fix the all so maybe that could be a possibility I have logs if they are helpful Could anyone offer some advice please Cheers james

A:No wireless capability

Ok here's the ipconfig file but wifi inspector doesn't seem to be working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379667-no-wireless-capability.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Well, In the middle of using a wireless connection, it stops working. When I go to diagnose the problem, It tells me that my wireless capability is turned off. However, the light on the front of my computer tells me that it's on and pressing FN F8 only reconfirms that.

I'm using a Satellite A-305 Toshiba Lap-top and running Windows Vista

Any help?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have an Acer Aspire Desktop 4050eAMD Athlon 3GB memory, 320GB SATA hard disk Supermulti drive. Windows vista home premium, HDMI support, 14in1 card reader. I hope all this means somthing to you, it doesn't to me! I have a wireless modem, currently that is hooked up to the back of my desk top. I am wanting to know what I need to do so that I can move my computer to another room. I have to leave my modem where it is. Is there anything I can add to the computer, or possibily already have there so I can continue to have internet access? Thank you for your time!

A:wireless capability

The provider of the wireless modem should have given you written instructions on how to set this up.

Did you not get documentation/help as part of this setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability.791182/
Relevancy 57.19%

SOLVED HP Pavilion dv Display Problems I would really appreciate some input as to what might be going on with my display Here is what my system looks like HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista Home bit Intel Core Duo gigs RAM Nvidia GeForce m GS mb inch Widescreen The Problem Yesterday Display Dv9000 Hp My With Pavilion Problems Laptop I left my computer on and went to sleep I woke up to use it and discovered that there would black out momentarily and Display Problems With My Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Laptop the screen would freeze After a while it would come on again and there would be a message that the display driver nn did not respond and is now recovered This has happened a few time now in the last minutes What I've tried so far I used system restore to return to a previous restore point but this doesent seem to have solved the problem I would liket o know what the problem is and how to solve it I also left it on the sofa and met the heat sink very hot as the heat had been unable to escape My brother says I have too many icons on the lcd dispaly and this could have affected the driver Any ideas Thanks ahead for any response to this

A:Display Problems With My Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Laptop

Hi
I have the same problem.

How do/did you solve it.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-problems-with-my-hp-pavilion-dv9000-laptop-288880.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, the previous post was closed because of no response, hopefully there is someone who can help. My laptop freezes mid-startup at the WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys point. That is it. Nothing beyond that and I have tried to start up in Safe Mode, etc. The same thing. The OS is XP home. I think however, this has NOTHING to do with that driver, but the boot or BIOS being corrupt. I just don't know how to get to the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-freezing-on-bootup-all-modes.796593/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, the previous post was closed because of no response, hopefully there is someone who can help. My laptop freezes mid-startup at the WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BTHidMgr.sys point. That is it. Nothing beyond that and I have tried to start up in Safe Mode, etc. The same thing. The OS is XP home. I think however, this has NOTHING to do with that driver, but the boot or BIOS being corrupt. I just don't know how to get to the solution.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I have a HP DV9000 laptop. The screen display is black. The screen sometimes comes back after a restart. I can also see the display if I connect it to an external monitor. I have done a clean reinstall of Windows Vista to no avail. I have tried to remove the battery and place it back in with no results. Can someone advise on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

A:HP DV9000 Laptop Screen Display Issues

Some DV9000 models had serious motherboard issues, HP was replacing them under an extended warranty, you can check you specific 9000 model, and read about the symptoms at the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c01087277

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv9000-laptop-screen-display-issues.906492/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a DV laptop that will run normally for about - minutes but starts getting hot At about the minute mark the screen gets all processor) dv9000 hot, screen gets laptop looks... then (intel twisted up like a kaleidoscope It moves with the mouse I'm running Ubuntu bit have tried bit but it happens even quicker with bit Ubuntu I took the fan and heat sinks out and they are not plugged up with gunk pretty clean actually Laptop is being run on a stand with good airflow underneith Does this sound like the dreaded desoldered GPU problem that usually causes black screen or is it something else How are people getting these machines to cool down If I hack the fan to run on high speed all the time will it cool off or is there an updated fan available Even when the fan is on high there seems dv9000 laptop (intel processor) gets hot, then screen looks... to be very little airflow compared to my other laptops Physically I really like the way this computer is set up I would really like to get it repaired

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/dv9000-laptop-intel-processor-gets-hot-then-screen-looks/td-p/5653886
Relevancy 57.19%

ok so i have a dv hp pavillion with win vista home premium actually the laptop is a series but that shouldnt matter to much just for some of you to pinpoint the problem more accurately First of all thanks for reading and trying to diagnose this wierd problem Problem is as states i originally found a problem with my laptop shortly turning it off one day the problem was that when i closed the lid on the laptop shortly after it would shut down as in not sleep but i could hear the hdd awkardly turn on hear the fan then it would kick off and power problem hp pavillion Laptop lid dv9000 i could hear the hdd loose power like if you were to unplug a from a usb connection passed it as a power issue and quickly went into the power settings to make sure that hybrid hybernation was turned off that sleep was the only option for lid Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem closings and there were no timers on and everything is how it should have been and dismissed the problem once again shortly after noticing this problem it the power issue when i close the lid became more of an instant thing like it would try to sleep only to have the computer go into a state loosing power all together as i shut the lid or something to that effect so i thought that the lid option or some sys driver may have failed or became corrupt over several years of using my laptop so i decided to venture into the old manual and box get the system restore disks and proceed unfortuantely this didnt fix the problem either so i have elimenated several things so far one itts not the power options two its not the OS itself so i thought it may be something else and started to just shut the computer down when i had to close the lid but to my suprise even if i shut the comptuer down via the Fn Fx button or the start shutdown option and waited untill the computer fully shut down and then closed the lid it still did the same thing as i would close the lid it would power on only briefly then shut off as if it would totally loose power so now i am at a standstill and am asking for some help as i have no idea what this is other than the lid switch or something more familiar with these laptop models and it being something more of the internal hardware any help will work and i can post any type of diagnostic data needed thanks ps the laptop is officially a dv cl with a C D ghz processor gb of ddr mhz two hdds one has been replaced the os drive a gb wd black mb cache and the second is the factory installed hitatchi gb storage drive both independent from each other nbsp

A:Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem

Have you tried restoring the laptop to the original purchased state? Or even doing a Windows Restore to an earlier time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dv9000-hp-pavillion-lid-power-problem.146359/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've got an Acer 5735z on Vista about 18months old. It's been working fine till the weekend, it won't connect wirelessly. It won't see my router, occasionally it sees it then drops it again after a few seconds. It sees all the neighbours. Also now and again the screen just flashes black a couple of times then is ok for hours.
I've brought it to work today where it usually picks up wireless, nothing. I'm always getting updates for vista could it be that the last one had killed my wireless?
Any ideas gratefully received

A:Laptop's lost wireless

can we see an Xirrus screen shot - and tell us which wireless is yours if listed

Do you have any other device connected to the wireless are they all working OK
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the

program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need

NET Framework installed for the WiFi

Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing

can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network

information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the

list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn

key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use

PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments

button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-lost-wireless.965405/
Relevancy 56.76%

Fixed a laptop that hasn't been used since the DC jack broke in March.  Today I finally come around to soldering a new one on and to my surprise [never soldered before xDD] the laptop as booted and it's working.

However I cannot connect to the Internet.  After troubleshooting I am getting the message "Wireless Capabilities are turned off".  I tried using FN+9 to enable wireless but nothing happens.  Also when I go into the Mobility Center it won't let me turn it on as the drop down menu won't appear.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and/or how I can fix this problem?

The Laptop is a Samsung RV510.

Thanks.

A:Wireless Capability Problem

This happens because power management turned off wireless capability when not in use. You can change this setting:
Open Network Connections
Right-click on the wireless connection
Click Configure next to the wireless adapter
Click the Power Management tab
Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Like this:

Then Reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594273/wireless-capability-problem/
Relevancy 56.76%

HiI have a problem on my laptop messege error (Issues found: Wireless capability is turned off )and I tried more option to fix it, but all my efforts were unsuccessfulI tried to do: 1- pressed fn+f22- pressed windows+X3- Diable the wireless adapter and then enable4- Uninstalled the wireless drive and then intalled it Knowing : wired network is turned on and previously the wireless was turned on perfectly Thank You  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-capability-is-turned-off/td-p/5790126
Relevancy 56.76%

How do I turn on the wireless capability on this computer? There is no button/switch and no keyboard function button.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Turning-on-Wireless-Capability/td-p/5747613
Relevancy 56.76%

I am working on a Gateway laptop with Windows8. Out of nowhere, an x appears under my wi-fi connection. When I troubleshoot, it informs me that the wireless capability needs to be enabled. Problem is, when I try to go to that area, it is greyed out, leaving me without the option of even resetting anything.

I have even reprogrammed my while computer and have lost everything in the process. Using the function keys do not help. It only switches off and on in airplane mode. Pressing numerous keys didn't work either. I've tried everything under the sun and read every forum known to mankind. Can I please be assisted in fixing this dilemma?

A:Wireless Capability Disabled

can we see a device manager and an ipconfig /all please

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
​For Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm
​Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a X​
p... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability-disabled.1144576/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello a few months ago my laptop off is Wireless capability turned started randomly turning off its capability however last week it turned off completely It occasionally turns but not for too long The wifi button does nothing no matter how much or how I press it it stays orange At the mobility center the function to turn on wifi is greyed out I tried checking BIOS everything is fine there I tried checking Wireless capability is turned off WLAN AutoConfig at Wireless capability is turned off services msc everything is fine and ofcourse I tried different drivers and stuff to no help The interesting thing is that I had mini usb wireless adapter and it made wifi work however I accidentally broke it and am unable to buy a new one at the moment P S I should also mention that I tried to lower the roaming sensitivity make it that the laptop does not turn off the adapter on power saving mode checked whether radio is enabled troubleshoot the problem as admin with no help The driver is Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter I pretty much tried everything out that I can find but nothing helped hopefully someone will be able to help me The laptop is HP ProBook s If you need more info I can gladly provide it

A:Wireless capability is turned off

Hello, and Welcome Go here and download the first driver on the page.

PCI/ mPCI / CB(RT2860/ RT2760/RT2790/ RT309X/ RT35X2/ RT539X/ RT3290/ MT7630)  Dated 6/30/2015

In Device Manager Uninstall the current Wireless driver and then run the one I linked to. If I can remember correctly, it will ask if you want only the driver or the driver and complete software. Do the driver + software option. Reboot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588027/wireless-capability-is-turned-off/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello,
i am windows 7 user. i am getting problem when i installed wifi driver iam able to see in Device Manager but my wifi card is not detecting near by wifi signals.then i troubleshooted this problem, but result says "wireless capability is turned off" i am sure that iam turned on wifi in BIOS as well on keyboard.i installed latest drivers also but there no use.thank you

my laptop spec.

lenovo g580
windows7 32bit professional
broadcom wifi card
intel mother board
2gb RAM

A:wireless capability is turned off

Try hitting FN+F5 or FN+F2.. that will turn on your Wireless connection.

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365472-wireless-capability-turned-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello! I have read many questions and answer about this problem but none of them helped me. I tried the fn key with every f? key i have in my keybord but nothing happened. I unchecked the option the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy", I enabled the wireless adapter via BIOS and still I don't have access to the internet. I searched every side of the laptop and I don't have a button to turn it on. Any other advice would be helpfull. Thank you in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-do-I-turn-on-wireless-capability/td-p/5613224
Relevancy 56.76%

I have and Asus N50Vseries.
My kids have been playing with my computer and I cannot connect to the internet.
If I go into Windows Network Diagnostics it says to turn on wireless capability.
It says via a switch at the side or front or a function key combination.
I cannot find were this is.
I think it is a function key.
F2 has a blue signal looking icon on it, but if I press FN + F2 it
does not seem to do anything.

Please Help Anyone?

Thanks, Becs

A:Wireless capability turned off ?

Welcome!

There is often a switch on the side, bottom, or front of the laptop that turns the card on or off.

Also go into Device Manager, find your card, and make sure it is enabled from the right-click menu.

~JK

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/268087-wireless-capability-turned-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have tried almost everyone with no reply so I can only hope that someone takes pity on this extremely challenged senior. New PC L675, new OS Win 7 premium, and believe it or not first time wireless and I started way back when.
Wireless works effortlessly in win 7, partitioned and loaded Ubuntu 10.4. Dual boot works and seemingly
wireless connected at Ubuntu boot, but will NOT sustain online capability any longer then opening Firefox.
Please advise and thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

HiI have a problem on my laptop messege error (Issues found: Wireless capability is turned off )and I tried more option to fix it, but all my efforts were unsuccessfulI tried to do: 1- pressed fn+f22- pressed windows+X3- Diable the wireless adapter and then enable4- Uninstalled the wireless drive and then intalled it Knowing : wired network is turned on and previously the wireless was turned on perfectly Thank You  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-capability-is-turned-off/td-p/5790112
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an asus laptop and yestarday I restored it back a few hours becase I deleted a program but now my wireless capability keeps turning off... I tried uninstalling Wireless Console 3 and that did not work..

A:Wireless Capability keeps turning off

Make sure there is only one WiFi listed in the Device Manager.
Try uninstalling the WiFi driver but don't delete it
Reboot the PC
On the WiFi Router do a power recycle (power off then power on wait 3 mins)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.198376/
Relevancy 56.76%

dear tech sir
my computer the theme of my laptop changed and a lot of programs have now shut off it has now been 30 minutes and I have turned on all the programs that was needed i did ant virus scan and nothing came up, how do i turn my wifi back on? its not my modem cause i manually connected it to the laptop and its working fine and if it was my modem I would still get to see the other connections in my housing area.

try a restore to a date before the issue

Restore PC to an Earlier Date & Time

Go Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore
Click in the radio button Choose a different restore point
Click Next
put a tick in Show more restore points
Pick a Date before this happened
Click Next
This should restore the PC to that time & date

you may need to use safemode to do the restore. As the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu will appear - choose safemode
windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

windows vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html

Windows XP
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/using-system-restore-in-xp/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability-is-turned-off.1084443/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have got exactly the same problem like that one being encountered by scaterbrain. Mine is HP 635 with windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit. The Wifi quick launch button is continuously amber and cant find any wifi network. Even if the button(f12) is pressed for seconds, there is no change. Can you help me please

A:how do I turn on my wireless capability?

theaustins Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about WiFi not working and wanted to help. Yours is a new thread, so there is no information about the other person's problem.However, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and InternetGood LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/how-do-I-turn-on-my-wireless-capability/td-p/5587625
Relevancy 56.76%

How do I turn on wireless capability. it went off. Can't turn it back on. i have an HP pavilion dv5 notebook PC

A:Wireless capability on this computer is off

is there a wireless button on your computer? Most laptops have one by the power button.
If not look in the control panel.
Might also be a shortcut key using the fn key on the keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-capability-on-this-computer-is-off-463647.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi and thanks in advance ive got a toshiba satellite p -s windows home premium bit laptop has ran fine for a while and then out of nowhere i cant capability wireless turned off is use my wifi anymore i dont know if someone deleted some drivers or other software maybe while i was at work no clue normally i would boot up and connect to wireless capability is turned off the internet automatically but now it says quot not connected no connections are available quot btw all the other tech in the house is working and connecting fine my xbox phone and other laptops all connect fine so i have internet i just cant connect to it from my toshiba windows network diagnostics says the problem found is quot Wireless capability is turned off quot my fn keys i dont believe are working because they wont turn on my wifi switch and the hot key thats lit which is supposed to toggle my wifi switch isnt working either if i touch the hotkey it just flashes slow one time but nothing happens actually there for a little while when i would touch my wifi hotkey to try to turn on my wifi it would launch quot windows media player quot wireless capability is turned off lol i did a system restore and set my laptop to back before it messed up and that wireless capability is turned off didnt fix it im not very tech savy but i think somebody deleted some software maybe some drivers or somehow reassigned my keys on my keyboard and hot keys but either way if im missing software i dont know how to check and i cant reinstall windows because i dont have the disc anymore also i cant still connect to the internet if i plug the cable in its just my wifi thats messed up i dont know how to turn my antenna on is there a way i can check to see if ive got all my software that im supposed to from windows and toshiba because i dont know what programs i may be lacking or have turned off thanks for ur time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392210-wireless-capability-turned-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having issues with my wireless on my Asus laptop with Windows About half a month ago I was trying to help a friend with his internet problems and was going through the steps myself I instructed him to disabled then reenable Wireless Off Turned is Capability the wireless adapter in the network and sharing center I did so myself and noticed my wireless did not work after that I ran diagnostics for it and it told me that my wireless switch is turned off which I checked and it is turned on I tried switching it off then on again but it still didn't work I then Wireless Capability is Turned Off did a system restore to get it to work again which it did Then this morning I was having trouble connecting to the internet so thinking it wouldn't do it again I disabled and reenabled the wireless adapter and now its doing the same thing I tried doing a system restore but it comes up with an error about the memory and cancels it I would like to fix the wireless problem without having to do a system restore anyway Please help Thanks GPolice

A:Wireless Capability is Turned Off

Nevermind, I fixed it. What I did was disallowed Windows to disable the adapter for powersaving, and I uninstalled the driver. I restarted it and let it install the driver and it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/98471-wireless-capability-turned-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

How do I tell if my desktop computer has wireless capability. Simple question but I have very little computer savvy.
Thanks-Chuck

A:Solved: wireless capability

Being a desktop you would most likely see an antenna coming out of the back of your computer.

You can also look in device manager. If you see only one device under Network Adapters, you most likely only have a wired connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-capability.801547/
Relevancy 56.76%

Iv just installed windows 7 on a fujitsu amilo laptop, its all working fine apart from a combination of fn+f1, which is to turn on wireless. all other fn combinations are working, any ideas anyone?????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wireless-capability-help-446105.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Dears,I have been facing an issue on my laptop since four days ago with my wifi befor it was working and now not , already downloaded energy managment and tried to configure the wifi through bios set up and nothing worked what can i do to sole that issue . Need solution urgentlyThanks   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Wireless-capability-is-turned-off/td-p/3473250
Relevancy 56.76%

If you have lost your Capability Fix Wireless Turned for Off wireless connection Wi-Fi nbsp and pressing the wireles button on your laptop doesn't fix it do this nbsp Download and install HP Connection Manager nbsp After hours of screwing with this I am so happy to report my Wi-Fi has been turned back on nbsp The antenna button did not work nbsp It only turned the Bluetooth on and off nbsp My wireless connection had a red X on Fix for Wireless Capability Turned Off it and the troubleshooter told me Fix for Wireless Capability Turned Off straight up that my Wireless capability is turned off but gave me no way to turn it back on nbsp In Windows Mobility Center the Wireless Network clearly showed it was off but the button to turn it on was greyed out nbsp I updated the BIOS and wireles drivers but that did nothing nbsp Then I downloaded and installed HP Connection Manager and rebooted nbsp I opened up HP CM and there was a button that showed the wireless was off nbsp I pushed it and the wireless turned on nbsp That easy nbsp Or rather after hours and hours of pain it turned on nbsp My next step would have been to go through the BIOS to see if somehow from there the Wi-Fi had been disabled but I did not need to go that far nbsp Good luck people nbsp Hopefully this thread will save you some time

A:Fix for Wireless Capability Turned Off

HP Connection Manager was the trick! Thanks for sharing this solution!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Fix-for-Wireless-Capability-Turned-Off/td-p/4953611
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I'm using Lenovo Z570 laptop. (Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter)

Problem:- Can't switch on wifi. The on/off switch is grayed out. While troubleshooting, it says, " wireless capability is turned off".

Solutions Tried:- Re-installed drivers provided by lenovo's website.
Re-installed drivers by windows update.
Reset settings in Bios to default values.
Yes the physical switch is on and the indicator light is glowing.
Fn+ F5 just toggles on/off airplane mode.
Disabled the option so that power management doesn't switches off wifi to save battery.
Other numerous solutions on internet.

The wifi worked flawlessly in windows 7. I even used it as a hotspot (via cmd method).

Someone save me..... Life without wifi seems Dull. :'(

Try doing a full uninstall of the device and driver in Device manager. Then reboot and see if Windows 8 will find the device on its own. If it does, then you should be able to go into the desktop, open device manager and see the device listed as functioning.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53936-wireless-capability-turned-off.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm running Windows 7 on my ASUS laptop. All the sudden a couple days ago, my wireless capability started turning off every time I shut down the computer or was idle for an extended period of time. Does anyone know the cause and/or solution to this?

A:wireless capability keeps turning off

Hello whitelighter1972 and Welcome to TSG!

This seems to be an issue with Asus systems. Try uninstalling the Wireless Console 3 Utility and see if the issue is resolved. If you want to reinstall it, you can download it here. ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility Just select your OS. But if you do reinstall, the problem will most likely return.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.1077199/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have had problems connecting wirelessly on this notebook for months. The FN + F12 keys no longer turn wifi on and off. I have download and installed latest driver from HP and Ralink (Mediatek) websites. In Device Manager the Bluetooth Controller has yellow exclamation mark. Please can you advise what to try next.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Capability-turned-off/td-p/5670279
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have a probook 4430s and last night the wifi was working just fine when suddenly it turned off. It's not just my wifi, it's any wifi at all. I keep trying to turn the wireless capability back on but the light on the button stays orange. I tried to do it through the device manager thing as well but nothing seems to work. Maybe I am just doing it wrong, but please help

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Wireless capability won't turn on

On boot screen.. quickly press F10 repeatedly; other HP models will be different. Either F1 or Esc or F9 ans so on. try that out !!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-capability-won-t-turn-on/td-p/1396955
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok on my Dell D530 Laptop I got home last night to find my laptop I use for work has no interner connection.

1. Checked my other laptop- It has a connection (not the Router or service its self)
2. Restarted Cable Modem and Router, just in case.
3. Re set the NIC adapter of the D530.
4. Windows Diag was no help.
5. Did everything I could think off.
6. Back-ed everything up, and re-imaged it.

With a fresh factory. It's still saying "wireless capability is turned off". There is no physical switch to "turn on or off"

I looked in "services" and re-started things I thought were help but nothing.

Anyone have any ideas that would help. Next move is calling Dell.

Thanks, Ryan

A:Wireless Capability is Turned off? Help

Hi,

For your particular model you need to press <FN> + <F2> to enable Wireless & Bluetooth

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/158623-wireless-capability-turned-off-help.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Specs Windows Home Premium ASUS Notebook G Series Intel Core i CPU Q GHx GB of ram Atheros off capability turning keeps Wireless AR Wireless Network Adapter Hello For the last two weeks my laptop has been having troubles with its network adapter Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Every time my computer starts up from sleep mode or just a normal start up my icon in the bottom right hand corner shows a black box with Wireless capability keeps turning off a plug in it and says no network connection available I then proceed by opening up the quot Network and Sharing Center quot clicking on the quot Change Adapter Settings quot button in the top left corner right click on the quot Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter quot icon and selecting quot Diagnose quot The diagnostic runs and asks me if I would like to turn on my wireless capabilities I click the quot Apply Fix quot button and it turns on my Adapter Here s the Detection Details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Manufacturer Atheros Communications Inc Provider Microsoft Version Inf File Name C Windows INF netathrx inf Inf File Date July- - PM Section Name ATHR DEV OS A B ndi Hardware ID pci ven c amp dev b amp subsys a b Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Diagnostics Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Connection incident diagnosed List of visible access point s item s total item s displayed Connection History Information for Auto Configuration ID List of visible networks item s total item s displayed List of preferred networks item s Diagnostic Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event Helper Class Auto Configuration Initialize status Success Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Wireless capability is turned off Detailed root cause Radio is off SW switch I THINK THE ISSUES HERE Repair option Turn on wireless capability Network Diagnostics Log File Name A - CE - A - E -F CE E CD Diagnose etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiguration cab I m not sure what the issue is my power setting shows that my adapter is set to maximum performance on both plugged-in and battery settings as well as the power management option showing that my computer is not allowed to turn off the adapter to save power So I m out of ideas and I can t find anything on google to help me out I appreciate any feedback on the issue Eric nbsp

A:Wireless capability keeps turning off

Check your windows settings and any software specific settings if there is a control panel other than the windows one for controlling the card. With my laptop the wifi always disconnects after a certain amount of time idle to save battery. Its not really uncommon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.163578/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi im new here and well my computer was having some difficulties a few days ago and i was wondering if anyone could answer my question

My question is: When i restarted my computer but windows wouldn't start up after a few tries it finally started up and there was a window that came up i can't remember what it said but it said that Wireless Capability was turned off and that Windows expired, i finally got Windows activated again but Wireless Capability wasn't turned back on, is there any way of turning it back on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability-off-on-win7.984856/
Relevancy 56.76%

It tells me to turn on wireless capability, but i dont know how.Wi Fi is working on my phone and computer, but it wont work on Laptop.I tried every fn and f1-f12 combination without success. Windows 7 32bit / ProBook 4515sThanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-turn-on-wireless-capability/td-p/5690978
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everbody   Please help me wireless capability is turned off at hp pavilion Sleekbook 14 b009au windows 7 ultimate 32bit. Spoiler (Highlight to read) My hardware ids.PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&CC_028000PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&CC_0280 Spoiler (Highlight to read) Thanks in advance and sorry for disturbing 

Try this driver: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_147865_1&swEnvOid=4053 Ralink  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wireless-capability-is-turned-off/td-p/5719933
Relevancy 56.76%

Good evening,

My laptop wifi keeps going off, everytime I start the computer or wake it up from standby.

It's the same problem as mentionned in this post:
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1035200-laptops-wireless-capability-keeps-turning.html
... but that post did not include a solution.

The hardware switch is on, which turns the bluetooth on but not the wifi.
The only way to get the wifi back is to run the networking troubleshooter. After a while, the troubleshooter says "Turn on wireless capability", I click the button and I get the wifi back .... until the next time my computer goes to sleep or is switched off.

Thanks for your support,
YAG88

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.1052967/
Relevancy 56.76%

wireless 001.JPG   120.1KB
  0 downloads
 wireless 002.JPG   177.19KB
  0 downloads
 wireless 010.JPG   87.25KB
  0 downloads

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I lost my wireless capability all of a sudden with the previous install of Home Premium. Yes, the wireless switch is turned on. The machine has Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Network Adapter and Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller. I have it hard-wired to my router with an Ethernet Cable. It's working fine.

Are there any suggestions as to how I can get my wireless capability back?

A:Wireless Capability is Turned Off

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to your wireless adapter in Device Manager?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538622/wireless-capability-is-turned-off/
Relevancy 56.76%

i have hp pavilion sleekbook 14 b009au...earlier windows 8.1 was installed in it.....then i flashed it to windows 7 64 bit...i have download my drivers from driverpack solution...but the wireless driver is not working ... i tried many drivers but the result is the samei also check the adapter settings but there is cross below the network icon of wfi adapteri also diagnose the problem it says that "wireless capability is turned off"please help!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-capability-is-turned-off/td-p/5715500
Relevancy 56.76%

i have hp pavilion sleekbook 14 b009au...earlier windows 8.1 was installed in it.....then i flashed it to windows 7 64 bit...i have download my drivers from driverpack solution...but the wireless driver is not working ... i tried many drivers but the result is the samei also check the adapter settings but there is cross below the network icon of wfi adapteri also diagnose the problem it says that "wireless capability is turned off"please help!!!

Install: MediaTek (Ralink) Wireless LAN Adapter Driverhttp://whp-hou9.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66089.exe MediaTek (Ralink) Bluetooth Software Driver  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-capability-is-turned-off/td-p/5715305
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone I m new here and I am having some laptop issues and HP DV9000 Shutdown Battery Issue Instant Laptop was hoping someone might be able HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue to assist me with them First I would like to list my computer specs HP DV CL HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue laptop Intel Core Duo T GHZ x GB SATA HDs GB RAM Running Windows x Below is a rundown of what is happening and what I have done to try and resolve my issue My laptop was making some retched loud noises from HP DV9000 Laptop Instant Shutdown Battery Issue the fan and it wouldn t stop or slow down at all it would just stay on with its highest RPMs With my warranty expired I decided I would open up my laptop to try and clean out the fan and heatsink I have worked on and built my own desktops for a while and I decided that I should be able to clean the laptop fan a decision I currently regret I got everything open and took everything apart and cleaned out the fan and as I was putting the laptop together I had a hard time putting in the flat cable for the HP Quickplay Switch Board and slightly damaged it After everything was put back together I fired up the computer and everything booted up properly I noticed that the HP Quickplay buttons lights still came on but the volume slider lights were no longer illuminated The Quickplay buttons no longer work which I can deal with because they illuminate properly but I am having a bigger issue now I noticed when I booted up Windows my battery icon showed that my battery was charging but when I hovered over the icon it said my battery had but was plugged in and charging however the percentage would never increase indicating it was actually charging I thought this was weird so I decided to unplug the laptop from the AC adapter to see what would happen When I did this the computer stayed on but still told me that the battery had I decided to leave it that way since I knew the battery had an almost complete charge and check to make sure everything else worked After about minutes or so my computer shut down instantaneously like if you were to pull the plug without the battery in Knowing this was a bad sign I decided to try and figure out what was going on I tried plugging in the computer with the battery in and after about minutes or so the computer shut down the same way Next I thought I would try using the laptop without the battery in and use it on just AC power This seemed to work and since I have been using the laptop this way it has been running alright My wife has the same exact laptop so I thought I would check my battery in her computer and her battery in mine because her computer is running fine and of course her battery does the same thing in my computer and my battery reads just fine in her computer So I am now resorting to working on my laptop only on AC power but I m sure you can understand my frustration in using a laptop this way I also thought maybe it was a software issue in my Windows OS so I loaded up a Ubuntu live boot environment and found that Ubuntu was reporting the same battery issues as Windows saying the battery was charging at but not increasing in charge and reporting that the battery was empty when off of AC power but still running for a short time There is one other issue that is happening If I leave the computer on with the battery in with or without AC power and leave it sitting eventually the battery charging indicator light starts flashing as if something is wrong This also happened when I had the computer completely off but left the AC adapter plugged in with the battery in as if to charge the battery This led me to believe that the issue is a hardware issue but I had to check to make sure it wasn t an OS problem as well I really have no idea what I could have done to the computer to have this happen I checked everything that I did when disassembling the computer and I didn t tinker with the battery or anything that controls it to my knowledge ... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

I was thinking of doing this but wondering what wont work and if you can find drivers etc...

built in webcam?
mem card reader?
anything else?

there is a strange issue on the keyboard with this laptop. Everything ok until you press numlock, then some of the letter keys are mapped to numbers! will a win7 install fix that?

A:install win7 on an older HP laptop, dv9000, what is not supported?

Some of the keyboards which don't have separate numpad on the right, the numpad is actually "integrated" with some alphabetical keys (mostly those on the right side of the keyboard like O, P, K, L, N, M.)

When you press numlock, these pre-assigned alphabetical keys start working as the numpad, so you see numbers being inputted. Fresh install of Windows will not fix this. It's the way keyboard is designed.

And yes you can find driver for those devices on HP website. You need to know the model number of the machine.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284774-install-win7-older-hp-laptop-dv9000-what-not-supported.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to restore to factory settings. I do have 3 disks that came with it. I did a back up of my files but I am not sure what is all backed up. Are all my emails in Outlook on the back up? What about all the files on my desktop?

Any help would be great!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1982 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140435 MB, Free - 23526 MB; D: Total - 12189 MB, Free - 1386 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30D1
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 56.33%

System in question Aspire One D E Win starter Intel GB RAM GB HDD adapters Atheros AR PCI-E NDIS Broadcom n Hey all - connectivity issue here My sis has the above laptop For a year or better she has been wirelessly connected to her local network via a Linksys E router Lost laptop wireless connection, without issue Rather suddenly a couple of weeks back she found she had no connection There were no changes to this network that I m aware of the users don t even know how to change settings online for said network Several available networks show up on the list hers and a couple of unsecured neighbors I believe Despite full bars for her local network clicking connect has no visible effect Nothing happens Not like a failed to connect or Lost wireless connection, laptop something similar just nothing I went through various steps such as - assured that fn F was not the issue wireless is enabled - power down wait and reboot the modem router Lost wireless connection, laptop and her laptop Lost wireless connection, laptop in that order - hard reset router at power up to restore defaults - uninstalled network adapter s and reinstalled - with the company site s latest drivers - they installed and ready to use appeared - released renewed IP on laptop - ran the various fairly useless Windows network diagnostics which essentially told me I hadn t selected a network which I had repeatedly - Swapped out router completely with another an older Linksys though not certain of the model of that one with the same results - Took laptop here to a completely different network also running a Linksys E here again with the same results The local network s I m attempting to connect to are unsecured - no password required etc The laptop does connect fine when wired So any idea what I should try next My experience here is rather limited and I ve run out of ideas Thanks much for any suggestions I ve attached a ipconfig all text doc from the laptop though I ran xirrus I can t seem to get it to attach it Perhaps the size req Not sure Any more info needed let me know Thanks edit pic attached as well just didn t show nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

System in question Aspire One D E Win starter Intel GB RAM GB HDD adapters Atheros AR PCI-E NDIS Broadcom n Hey all - connectivity issue here My sis has the above laptop For a year or better she has been wirelessly connected to her local network via a Linksys E router without issue Rather suddenly a couple of weeks back she found Lost laptop connection - wireless she had no connection There were no changes to this network that I'm aware of the users don't Lost wireless connection - laptop even know how to change settings online for said network Several available networks show up on the list hers and a couple of unsecured neighbors I believe Despite full bars for her local network clicking 'connect' has no visible effect Nothing happens Not like a Lost wireless connection - laptop 'failed to connect' or something similar just nothing I went through various steps such as - assured that fn F was not the issue wireless is enabled - power down wait and reboot the modem router and her laptop in that order - 'hard' reset router at power up to restore defaults - uninstalled network adapter s and reinstalled - with the company site's latest drivers - they installed and 'ready to use' appeared - ran the various fairly useless Windows network diagnostics which essentially told me I hadn't selected a network which I had repeatedly - Swapped out router completely with another with the same results - Took laptop here to a completely different network again with the same results - released renewed IP on laptop - reset TCP IP with 'netsh int ip reset resetlog txt' command The local networks I'm attempting to connect to are unsecured - no password required etc So any idea what I should try next My experience here is rather limited and I've run out of ideas Thanks much for any suggestions I'll attach the text results from 'ipconfig all' as well as a running screenshot of 'xirrus'

A:Lost wireless connection - laptop

From what little I know, the wireless adapter is not working. The ipconfig is also missing the DNS Servers line, which may be because of the malfunction. It may be the adapter has went bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275686-lost-wireless-connection-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

We had a laptop connected to wireless and I want to add a new laptop as well, all was fine till I got to the log in info which wants a name and pw to access the wireless. I have tried every combo I can think of and cant figure out what I used so Im stuck I cant do anything and Ive search for answers/help and cant find anything that addresses my problem. I even tried to remove the set up (reboted as well) and start again, which I thought would do it well it didnt or I didnt do it right so now I cant go wireless with either laptop... I am no expert but I did set up the first laptop and I think I would have been successful if it wasnt for the log in info. Any suggesstions?????

Thank you

A:cant set up new laptop to wireless(lost user name and PW) HELP

If you are speaking about the username and password of the router, you will need to conatct the manufacturer of the router or your ISP.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-set-up-new-laptop-to-wireless-lost-user-name-and-pw-help-292692.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I am a student at university and using university wi-fi to connect to the internet and for the past two weeks it has worked fine. But today randomly, on my Desktop PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit it has stopped working and when I try and troubleshoot the problem it says 'Turn on wireless capability' It says no connections are available.

The network is working completely fine on my Windows 8.1 Laptop and Android mobile.

My Desktop PC recognizes my wireless adaptor as it makes the connected and disconnected sounds whenever I take it out or put it in.

thanks!

A:Turn on wireless capability error

Try reinstalling drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346881-turn-wireless-capability-error.html
Relevancy 56.33%

We purchased a new 52" Aquos LCD and have been offered a deal with NetFlix through the internet in order to obtain movies directly to the new set.

We were assured by Cisco and Best Buy that by installing a new higher end router and a bridge adapter that would be compatible with the new TV. The router and adapter are working fine, but we have no luck whatsoever getting the TV to recognize them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 56.33%

I'm trying to connect with a linksys wireless adapter, but diagnostics keep telling me that wireless capability is turned off. Thing is, it's a desktop, so there's no switch or function keys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Turn on wireless capability - on a desktop

Quote: Originally Posted by heyz

I'm trying to connect with a linksys wireless adapter, but diagnostics keep telling me that wireless capability is turned off. Thing is, it's a desktop, so there's no switch or function keys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to first make sure that you have a wireless NIC installed on the desktop.

You need to make sure the wireless NIC is enabled in Device Manager.

You need to make sure you have the drivers for this wireless NIC up to date and installed.

You should make sure you are using WPA2 security with AES encryption in your routers settings for the wireless connection. Of course you will need an SSID "name for wireless network" and that you have a wireless password set up.

You need to make sure those settings are reflected in the profile for the wireless connection under Manage Wireless Connection in the Network and Sharing section in Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232751-turn-wireless-capability-desktop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hello sir my wireless capability turned off and on automatically and i am unable to use WI-FI service, plz help to sove this problems.... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-capability-turned-on-and-off-automatically/td-p/5736050
Relevancy 56.33%

i have windows 8, i updated it to windows 8.1 and then updated to windows 10. it was working properly, but suddenly my wifi stopped working. when i troubleshoot, i got a message, you wireless capability is switched off. however my wifi indicator light is still blue. please help me to fix it ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-hp-630-wireless-capability-is-turned-off-how-do-i-turned/td-p/5663051
Relevancy 56.33%

My wireless accidentally got broke on my compaq nc8430 is there any other way i can turn my wireless capibility on anything will help because this laptop is the only way i can get my school work done i bout it for school a while back please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-capability-switch-broke/td-p/5599870
Relevancy 56.33%

hi Im having a problem with my laptops wireless capability it worked fine until i tried a hardwried connection i went over to this center and tried one and it didn t work so i unplugged it Now I can t connect to any wireless networks unless i do the windows network troubleshooter which it tells capability wireless off.. turning keeps laptops me my laptops wireless capability is laptops wireless capability keeps turning off.. turned off laptops wireless capability keeps turning off.. I then have to click on the option to turn wireless capability back on I have tried playing in change adapter settings in Network Connections but nothing laptops wireless capability keeps turning off.. is working I have tried disabling the LAC and wireless adapter but nothing is working I also notice under Local Area Connection that is says quot Network cable unplugged quot Also in one of the tables of the windows network troubleshooter it shows Network cable unplugged and wireless capability is turned off Is my laptop trying to find the hardwire connection all the time so it turns off wireless How can i fix this nbsp

A:laptops wireless capability keeps turning off..

I also notice under Local Area Connection that is says "Network cable unplugged".Click to expand...

That's normal and accurate unless you have a cable plugged in. If you do have a cable plugged in probably the NIC or cable is defective. Although it's possible that the ethernet was turned off to save power.

I assume that you are using an integrated wireless adapter. What kind of wireless switch do you have, and is it turned on? Do you also have a utility that can switch the wireless on or off? If so, is it saying "on"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.1035200/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi evry one i have hp pavilion dv6-6b90se and my wireless capability is turned off i downloaded the driver software but my wireless not fixed in trouble shooting these two notification will appear (wireless capability is turned off)(A Network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken) please help me  and thank for all.......

A:wireless capability is turned off on windows 8

Hi pashew,

Sorry to hear about your wireless problem. I will be happy to assist you. What version of operating system are you running? Below is a link on how to find that if you need it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-capability-is-turned-off-on-windows-8/td-p/3030349
Relevancy 56.33%

Whenever my Sony laptop is turned back on and I choose IE, I am unable to connect. After I choose the diagnose connection problem button, I receive the message wireless capability is turned off and then a button to apply the fix..

When that is chosen, it then turns the wireless on and provides access to the internet. I am using Windows 7 & Norton Internet Security. How can I correct it so that it starts with wireless capability.

A:wireless capability turns off at restart

Is the adapter set to automatically connect (check in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections)?

You might also check the power settings for your network card in Device Manager. Set it so that the OS does not manage power to the device. Leave it that way long enough to see if the problem goes away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240441-wireless-capability-turns-off-restart.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi sir my laptop doesn't turn on WiFi and shows trouble shoot wireless capability is turned off

A:Re: wireless capability is turned off on windows 8

Hi @sourabhroy, Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your exact model of HP notebook?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I grasp that you have lost your wireless ability as it turned off and will not turn on. You are unable to run the  wireless troubleshooter is also turned off. Is this a recent occurrence, if so have you made any changes to your system? Is the wireless card recognized in the BIOS? Have you tested the network card to ensure that it has not failed?  Have you tried reseating the network card?   Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree as it may help. Common fixes for wireless connectivity issuesI will wait for the requested information and the results from the troubleshooting.  Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Re-wireless-capability-is-turned-off-on-windows-8/td-p/5808996
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop problems almost identical to the contents of this link.https://support.lenovo.com/id/id/documents/ht104890However, of the contents of this link contains a solution of Lenovo G50-70, G40-70, but I want to find a solution of this problem with a version of the Lenovo Z370.Please help me to find a way out, how to keep the wifi turned on and not off.already more than two years I could not use wifi.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Help-me-quot-Wireless-capability-is-turned-off-quot-notebooks/td-p/3309966
Relevancy 56.33%

The wireless capability is always automatically turned off when I restart/shutdown my notebook. I'd like it to be turned on without pressing Fn+F12 everytime I turn on my notebook because I'm using external keyboard&mouse.The driver is broadcom wireless downloaded from HP, its date is January 31, 2016 This problem  won't occur on Windows 10, only Windows 7 has this problem.

A:Wireless capability is automatically turned off

Hi @Roween, Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I read your very interesting post where the Wi-Fi turns off when you either restart or shut down the unit in windows 7 and not windows 10. It needs to be manually turned on each time. I?ll be glad to assist you with this. After doing some research I found a  great response on HP forums that is an accepted solution. This has been authored by a certified HP forum Expert DavidPK . Please visit this link: http://hp.care/2cI28MCPlease perform these steps: Open windows Control Panel, open Power Options and next to your currently selected power plan, click Change plan setting.  In the following window, click Change advanced power settings.  In the next window, open up 'Wireless Adapter Settings' and then open up 'Power Saving Mode'.  Next to On battery: click the current setting and a drop-down box will appear - select 'Maximum Performance'.  Do the same for Plugged in.  Then click Apply and Ok to save these settings. Restart the notebook and see if this has helped the issue.Also open device manager. Go to Network adapters and expand it. Select the wireless network adapter for your device by right-clicking on it and clicking on properties. Then go to power management option and uncheck the box that says? Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Also, check the box that says ?Allow this device to wake the computer? Also please check if the F12 key is the Wi-Fi key on your unit. If you press it once it turns on the Wi-Fi and if you press it again it turns it off. So it toggles on and off. Please check that. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as ?Accepted Solution?. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Take care now and do have a pleasant week ahead.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-capability-is-automatically-turned-off/td-p/5761980
Relevancy 56.33%

My sister has given me her old laptop, its a medion akoya s5612, purchased from aldi a few years back. The keyboard on it is completely broken and none of the keys work. I have wiped the hdd and re-installed windows 7. I have updated all the drivers but I cannot get the wlan on. It is activated by pressing fn + f8 however I am unable to press this due to the keyboard not working. I have a usb keyboard but does not have an fn key. I have tried using virtual downloaded keyboards aswell the windows 7 easy access keyboard but that doesnt work. Also when I go to windows mobility centre the option for wireless is greyed out. I have also tried entering the bios but no options there for wlan. Anyone got any other ideas? Thanks

A:Turn in wireless capability without hot keys

Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc right click the devmgmt icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager open up Network Adapters, do you see a wifi adapter listed there? If not, and it it not listed in the Bios, this computer may not have ever had a wifi adapter.
If it does, go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. If the wifi adapter is listed here you can right click it and Enable it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/turn-in-wireless-capability-without-hot-keys-684817.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My sister-in-laws can't connect to the internet cause the Wireless Capability won't turn on. I have tried to Press Fn + F3 yet nothing happens. In Windows Mobility Center, the Wireless section shows it is off and the 'Turn wireless on' is grayed out.

I can't connect directly to the router as the laptop doesn't have an ethernet port (which is stupid). I can't figure out how to get this done.

A:How to turn on Wireless Capability on Windows 7?

What make and model laptop is it? There may be a hardware switch that you need to press to turn the wifi on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379344-how-turn-wireless-capability-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%
Relevancy 56.33%

My wifi suddenly turned off, when I troubleshooted it said that wireless capability was turned off and when I went to turn it on, it was already enabled. I've tried a lot of things including updating just about everything but nothing seems to be working. Help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-won-t-turn-on-says-wireless-capability-is-off-when-it/td-p/5836901
Relevancy 55.9%

HP Pavillion series specificially the dv nr nbsp Laptop with NVIDIA GeForce Go driver problem nbsp Bought this back in or from Best Buy I had to re-install Windows after a bad hard drive crash Couldn't find the disks that came with the machine It originally came with VISTA Ultimate installed so I did a complete nbsp install with a brand new VISTA Ultimate DVD At first it seemed to be fine after initial installation Then the final part of the Windows VISTA nbsp intallation brought me to WINDOWS UPDATE and showed about necessary updates - most were security updates - but also included was an NVIDIA driver As soon as this new NVIDIA driver was updated the system blue-screened during the restart nbsp This PC has the most current BIOS and drivers loaded except for the ( display ... NVIDIA GeForce dv9000 laptop drivers with problem NVIDIA nbsp driver nbsp - which I downloaded from dv9000 laptop display problem with NVIDIA drivers ( GeForce ... HP In nbsp fact I have tried EVERY version of the driver for this device that dv9000 laptop display problem with NVIDIA drivers ( GeForce ... is nbsp availabe for download at the HP site nbsp I also tried a newer beta driver that is available at the NVIDIA website None of them work nbsp Since I apparently have the latest nbsp BIOS from HP F D this shouldn't be an issue nbsp However I would note that nbsp HP has a post on its website that says it now has a F D BIOS for the dv series However nbsp this BIOS nbsp is NOT listed on the HP Drivers amp Downloads website as an available update for THIS nbsp dv nr machine with VISTA nbsp Ultimate So I assume that it is not compatible with my particular dv series laptop - or else HP would have placed it there for download nbsp I also loaded all the WINDOWS UPDATES - and even upgraded to VISTA Service Pack nbsp I can upgrade to Windows if that will help However the HP Drivers amp Download site says Windows is not supported for this laptop nbsp However the only way it will run at all is by uninstalling the NVIDIA driver altogether which I did by booting up in Safe Mode - and then restarting the PC normally After doing that it boots up fine However the Display now shows to be a Standard VGA Adapter - and the highest resolution available is only nbsp x which is NOT satisfactory nbsp Anyone know of a driver or perhaps external GPU solution nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:dv9000 laptop display problem with NVIDIA drivers ( GeForce ...

The final BIOS for dv9200 series is F2D, it has been almost 2 years HP not updating the BIOS for this model.F3D is more model shipped with AMD processor. Many of dv9000 owners that have geforce 7600 have to let their notebook rest in piece due to Nvidia issue.If you have a working notebook, than I'm suggesting not to force it run too much, just use HP drivers and take extra caution with the temperature fluctuation. Download Hwmonitor to check the temp, hereIdle temp for GPU around 60C, check yours. Use it always with external cooling pad and never ever play serious game in it.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/dv9000-laptop-display-problem-with-NVIDIA-drivers-GeForce-Go/td-p/335093