Windows Support Forum

Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Q: Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 76.97%

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

A:Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-if-it-is-unplugged-for-some-time.150169/
Relevancy 72.24%

I was encripting my external HDD Tevion 1.5Tb when I accidentaly turned off the computer. Will my disc be broken, can I resume the encryption or must I decode it?
Thank you.

A:Bitlocker accidentaly turn off computer

Hi there, you should be able to resume the encryption. If you get some error, just try the encryption process again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/39329-bitlocker-accidentaly-turn-off-computer.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Yesterday, my computer kept shutting off randomly for no apparent reason. I had to turn the power off for a while for it to start again.

Now today, it won't even start up at all. It turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off.

Oh and before for about half a year, my computer would freeze at random times. To fix that, I had to turn off the power for a few hours and then it would work for about a month and happen again.

Help?

A:Computer shutting off and now will not start at all

definatly a hardware problem, either the ram or power supply i'm guessing. You have another power supply you can try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off-and-now-will-not-start-at-all.586779/
Relevancy 71.81%

Yesterday, my computer kept shutting off randomly for no apparent reason. I had to turn the power off for a while for it to start again.

Now today, it won't even start up at all. It turns on for 2 seconds and then turns off.

Oh and before for about half a year, my computer would freeze at random times. To fix that, I had to turn off the power for a few hours and then it would work for about a month and happen again.

Help?

A:Computer Shutting Off And Now Will Not Start At All

SOunds like the problem staarted with excessive heat in the box. Is this a laptop or a desktop? Try cleaning out the dust from the fans and processor heat sink, also, check the motherboard for swollen or leaking capacitors (they are usually small black cylinders spaced all over the motherboard). Swollen and/or leaking capacitors are usually an indication of over haeting and once they start to leak it is usually time to replace the board. Do you get any beeps when starting up or does it just not start at all? The power supply could also be bad which is by far the cheapest and easiest component to replace.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96855/computer-shutting-off-and-now-will-not-start-at-all/
Relevancy 71.81%

hello i have been playing gta on my pc and all of a sudden my pc has been shutting down when playing it it start shutting up when help down computer self used to just shutdown when i played for a while now it shuts down when i start playing and also when it shuts down i cant start it back up for help computer shutting self down when start up about mins if i try it just switches off straight away after i press the on button or gets onto help computer shutting self down when start up the help computer shutting self down when start up xfx logo for my mobo and then shuts of after mins it used to get back on to the os but now it just turns off somtimes it gets into vista then it shuts down within minites of getting on vista im really stuck i cant figure out what to do please help thanks specs are windows vista home premium bit amd athlon x gz xfx mobo xfx gt xxx mb graphics card gig maxtor gigs of ddr crucial soon to be gigs more gig is in the post if you need anymore information for example any new programs drivers or modifications done to hardware lemme know

A:help computer shutting self down when start up

what is your power supply brand/wattage?

how many case fans do you have and location?
have you opened the computer and checked your fans to see if they are clogged with dust or hve you cleaned them out recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-computer-shutting-self-down-when-start-up-332231.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok so I went to burn a DVD the other day with MKV the and my computer shutdown So I started it back up up? Computer and kept now shutting won't down start and thought nothing of it and started to go on the internet and it shutdown again it did this times until it wouldn t Computer kept shutting down and now won't start up? even turn on anymore I hit the power up button and it would start to power up and then shut off in about seconds Anyway I took the fan out and cleaned it tried to start it up no go So then I took the rest of it apart to see if anything was wrong about times and it still Computer kept shutting down and now won't start up? wouldn t start I finally saw these long chips back to back in the thing and they each had a white lever on each end of each chip as if to hold it in I pressed down The one s on both ends of chip but didn t remove the chip I pressed the power up button and the computer started up Once i was on I pushed the chip holder things back down and it was still ok so i don t know if that s what made it start or if my computer just decided to start up at that time as a fluke Anyway I don t know when this thing is going to shut down again so I wanted to ask if anybody knew what the heck is wrong with my computer and why it keeps shutting down thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have to stop and start my computer not from the start up menu but by turning the switch on the surge protector off and on because the button on the front of my computer tower is jammed and I have tried fixing it but it is completely stuck If I turn the computer off from the start off menu I can t restart it unless from up down menu computer start the shutting not I take the computer tower apart remove the side wall and pop the shutting down computer not from the start up menu front wall loose and then push the start button out from the inside I have tried to put it into place but it does not work to shut it down It is like this because it was very delicate and it had to be tapped very lightly or it would get stuck and I had to open the tower but if tapped delicately it was fine My boyfriend was using my computer and forgot to tap the button delicately the button did not work so he took a screwdriver and tried to fix the button from out side of the tower and ended up completely breaking the button so not it is not fixable the old way We there fore have been stopping and starting the computer by turning the switch on the surgeprotector off and on Is this damaging for the computer to keep doing this We sometimes have the computer on now for days before turning it off cause I worry about shutting it off and on via the surge protector switch I have a gateway computer so would have to ship the tower out to get a new start button put on the tower and don t like the thought of doing this Once a Gateway tech guy told me that starting and stopping the computer not from the start up menu is fine that it won t hurt the computer but our tech guy at work said that eventually it could be very harmful Please give me some advice Thanks nbsp

A:shutting down computer not from the start up menu

That will eventually lead to problems. Are you at least stopping the computer by the start button on the screen? It sounds to me like you are just "pulling the plug" from the desktop. If you are this is going to cause hard drive problems. Getting the button fixed will be a lot cheaper than having to replace the hard drive and losing the data that is on it too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer-not-from-the-start-up-menu.194567/
Relevancy 70.95%

No warning totally comletely shuts off, and won't start normally, says Windows can't start. I can restart from last known good config, and it works OK for about a week then does the same thing. Shuts down randomly a few times and then won't start after maybe the 3rd or 4th time. I've run virus, spyware scans and they come up with nothing, but obviously something is wrong, any thoughts?

A:My computer keeps shutting off, then Windows won't start

Specs of the PC please?
Prebuilt? brand and model number

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-then-windows-wont-start-370663.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My computer keeps shutting down upon start up. I've had this problem before but last time it was merely fixed by cleaning the fan. But this time the fan is clean and I really don't know what's wrong. I've tried going into safe mode to run a registry cleaner but my computer shut down before it even got to 50% scanned. I've also tried going into command prompt with sfc /scannow but again my computer didn't last till the end. Is there anything else I can do that can fix my problem?
-Aqua

A:Computer keeps shutting down upon start up and safe mode

The problem appears to be the computer, and not the OS. If I were to make a guess I would say that your system is over heating thus shutting down before any damage can be done.

If you could update your your Systems Specs (need more info) to include the CPU, Ram, number of drives, age of the computer, these specs would allow other members to get an idea of what your problem could be, thus giving you some good suggestions as to what you can do. . .Thanks for any info. . .Good luck.

BTW, Welcome to the Seven Forums.". . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301946-computer-keeps-shutting-down-upon-start-up-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I ve been looking at a friends computer trying to figure out what s going on His computer runs okay otherwise - he had a heat issue that we just fixed by getting him a better case The video card was running around degrees C the CPU at about degrees C It runs about degrees for the Video card and for the CPU after replacing the case and taking it out of where he had it What happens though is that the computer runs fine until he tries to load Guild Wars It gets through patching and character selection but when it begins loading the game proper it powers off No preamble or warning and even though logs are turned on no log from windows about a crash I I 2 shutting Guild start when Computer down Wars have no idea where to go from here so any ideas would Computer shutting down when I start Guild Wars 2 be appreciated Things that we have checked Ran a couple different memory checkers no problems Ran GPU-Z Arena net team said that the GPU results were running fine Ran CPU-Z Arena net team didn t see any problems there either Including DXDiag here can try to include other info if it ll help Computer specs Windows bit AMD Premium Quad Core Processor Ghz GB Ram GeForce Computer shutting down when I start Guild Wars 2 GTS GB nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I ve let my family use this computer for awhile they down. up. messed Slow restore shutting randomly Computer System computer. started to complain it was quot acting weird quot When I jumped on to see I noticed it was shutting down by itself and extremely slow I got the computer to start up and tried to do a couple system restores I then noticed then that the date time on the computer Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. was off Saying some of the restore points were back in when I didn t even have this computer After a couple failed attempts Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. I got the computer to restore Its not randomly shutting off anymore but is still slower than it should be I reseted the date and time but I m still worried something could be wrong This computer has had Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer. a Root Kit and a MBR infection before I ve run disk clean up Spybot AVG and CC cleaner DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att netmStart Page hxxp www att netuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo commURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Pr... Read more

A:Computer randomly shutting down. System restore messed up. Slow computer.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398232/computer-randomly-shutting-down-system-restore-messed-up-slow-computer/
Relevancy 61.92%

Lets say that i downloaded a pdf file. If i put that file on to the desktop it will be there. But when you restart your computer or shut down your computer, you log back on and its not there.If i download poweriso, i install it into c: drive and it will work. But when you turn the computer off or reboot it, you log back on and its not thereI know its not a virus. Its like a school computer you can only save it into your drive. If you save it into a desktop it wont be thereI think someone put a system restore or a default. so when you turn it off it will reset it to the what you had when you turned it onI have a dell computer running windows 10

A:Computer wont save anything after shutting down computer or restarting

Was this system ever joined to a corporate or a school network? It might be a group policy that is making your user profile act this way.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153510.0.html
Relevancy 61.06%

No matter what option i pick in the safe mode list, the computer will not start. when i choose any of the safe modes, (safe mode, safe mode with networking etc) the computer displays a list of random commands (i dont understand any of it) and then restarts. If I try to Start Windows Normally, or use last settings that worked, it seems to start loading, and then restarts.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-start-my-computer-the-safe-mode-options-screen-appears-computer-wont-start.158370/
Relevancy 60.63%

I was using my microsoft office word program, and it all of a sudden went funky, like short circuiting out, then a blue screen popped up saying that the program I was using was bad and causing my computer to crash, so my computer was shutting down before it crashed. Then it shut down and came back up asking if I wanted to go back to a restored or previous thing, something like that, (a restore point), and it said it would probably turn off and on several times through out and could take several minutes, then the computer turned off and back on and the screen would not turn on... I have a dell all in one computer, so I do not have a separate tower from my monitor. What happened? How can I fix this? Any one out there have any ideas? I was not even on the internet at the time.

A:Got a bad program, shutting down computer before computer crashes... help

When you first turn it on, can you see the Dell logo?  If so, does it show the Windows logo after that?
Do you recall details of what the blue screen said?

If you can see the Dell logo, then try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
You can press F12 to get to the boot menu in order to boot from the CD/DVD drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578740/got-a-bad-program-shutting-down-computer-before-computer-crashes-help/
Relevancy 60.63%

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 3/9/2012

It is a 1-week old PC (installed OS a week ago), and I installed the OS by downloading it from Microsoft and installing it using a bootable CD.

A:BSOD while shutting down computer (1-week old new computer)

Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1997494

I will look over the reports in your other thread when I get home and have access to my debugging tools. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239514-bsod-while-shutting-down-computer-1-week-old-new-computer.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Help about my computer My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing uninstalling Please help down about My im on my keeps shutting when computer Help installing/uninstalling computer.. Btw im installing Nero I also try to install other software but it restarts Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC Program Files IDT STacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www returnhomepage com cm a p q about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENPH SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B AAEB - F D- - C -C CA D - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDog C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKCU Run OE C Program Files Trend Micro In... Read more

A:Help about my computer.. My computer keeps on shutting down when im installing/uninstalling

sumbody help me..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178998/help-about-my-computer-my-computer-keeps-on-shutting-down-when-im-installinguninstalling/
Relevancy 60.63%

My computer is an XP home edition I believe, and it asked me to install some important updated. After doing so, it told me that I needed to restart or shut down my system in order for the updates to take place. When I tired doing so, It gets stuck. I get to a blue "log-off" screen, and it says 6 out of 14 updates are being installed... do not turn off your computer. But it stays like that for hours, and never updates, so I end up having to shut off my computer by hitting the power button. :/

I tried doing a system restore, but those updates have to be installed first. Before it even tries to restore, it deals with the updates. I'm not too sure what to do. Is there any way to bypass these updates, or get them installed some other way? I'd really apriciate the help. Thanks.

A:Updates for my computer are preventing me from shutting down my computer

Is this a new system? When you go to updates have you validated your copy of XP with Microsoft? Once you do that and make sure your settings are correct in your browser for downloads it does take time but not hours. Are you running firewalls, Zone Alarm etc., anything that would block the updates? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updates-for-my-computer-are-preventing-me-from-shutting-down-my-computer.807978/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, there is a red light next to my power button that blink's alot & i believe it's called the hdd light. No matter what i'm doing it shut's off after awhile & than my computer freeze's & i don't know why. Everything work's fine into that happen's & it's alway's random. I only had this computer for 2 years & i built it myself & this problem just started 2 days ago i also did memtest but it partially freeze's meaning the upper right corner isn't moving but the mid right corner still has number''s moving.This is my system specs

geforce gtx 660
intel core i5-3570k
corsair cx 600
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Onboard gpu intel (R) 4000

A:Hdd light on my computer keep's shutting off than my computer freezes

The hdd light should only light while the disk is being read or written to. It is normal for the hdd light to not be on all the time.

Since you say the system "partially" freezes during a memtest, I would like to understand more about that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when it's partially frozen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356475-hdd-light-my-computer-keeps-shutting-off-than-my-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I accidently turned the power switch off! Now all I'm getting is the main screen with no icons. I have a Dell Deminsion E310 and WindowsXP.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I was playing Eve Online when my computer got unplugged. Now when I try to run eve, I crash. I'm also having trouble with other programs, and can't install some of my drivers.

Any thoughts on what may cause something like this?

Thanks,

A:Computer unplugged now crashing

First guess would be file corruption from the machine being shut off while in use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-unplugged-now-crashing-558390.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I really need some help with this one AS MUCH AS I CAN GET I tried to contact acer support but as for me because i have no warranty on the machine they will not do anything to help me but to tell me unplugged will +MORE until not shut Computer down to look on their forums Which i have Problem Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE - The computer itself will not shut off If i unplug it and leave it and let everything stop I let it sit for a week i am sure there is no power in it Now If When i plug the computer back in I do not have to push the power button for it to turn on it just turns on as soon as the power source Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE is connected Problem - After the computer boots it will not connect to any monitor Nor will it show me anything on any monitor i dont even think the OS is booting properly Computer will not shut down until unplugged +MORE in that case i would have to take it to geek squad and let them look at it since i bought ir form bestbuy No warranty though so i would have to pay for it Problem - I have been looking for weeks If anyone knows anything at all it would much appreciated i am tired of not being able to play video games cuz of this not so fast laptop Computer specs From what i know and have installed - AMD Phenom quad core processor - Nvidia Gforce gtx graphics card - gb sata HD - gb ram Model - Acer AM for Original specs that came with the machine Not my computer this is the one i bought at first nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell Inspiron with factory installed Win 7 Home Premium. I have several WD External USB hard drives that worked well on my old XP laptop.

Two things cause the problems in the title: I will be transferring files and it will just stop and suddenly the drive is no longer working. I can still see it in my computer, but none of the files are accessible. Eventually (randomly) the drives disappear from my computer. The second way it happens is if I manually unplug the drive, it will still show up in my computer. Also, like I said, eventually they do disappear.

But then, I cannot get them to be recognized if I plug them back in, unless I reboot.

Is this a Win 7 bug with WD drives? I don't remember this much trouble with XP.

A:USB drives are unplugged, but still in My Computer for a while

No answer to this? I am still having this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255842-usb-drives-unplugged-but-still-my-computer-while.html
Relevancy 60.63%

By Accident I Unplugged My Computer while it was on and now i am worried that my movie files will be corrupted...they seem to play fine...but i am still worried....please could somebody please help by telling me if any of my files will become damaged...thank you

A:By Accident I Unplugged My Computer While It Was On

Unless the files were open and being played or saved at the time of the power loss, there should be no damage.

But remember that power can do out at any time and hard disks die without warning (quite often, these days), so all your important data must be backed up. Since you are so worried it would suggest you have no backup plan. Maybe time to get one?

As an example I backup all new data every day, to a second and totally separate hard drive, then all data to DVD every week. Every DVD is "verified" to ensure that no files are corrupt in the copy process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/by-accident-i-unplugged-my-computer-while-it-was-on.473623/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'll admit that I really haven't been taking good care of my laptop and I've been keeping it plugged all Lenovo when unplugged Shutting Y40-70 down Screen the time for maybe Lenovo Y40-70 Screen Shutting down when unplugged the whole first year after my purchase Now that I actually need to work away from a power source I'm stuck with a laptop whose screen turns really really dark whenever I unplug it If I squint and smash my face against the screen I may be able to decipher some black text on a white background but that's the extent of it nbsp nbsp In terms of charge power it seems fine although recently I just got a notification that its charging power is less than of its normal charge I suspect it's the battery or at least the connection between it and the screen but I'm no computer tech and I want to confirm that here before I spend money buying a new battery although I don't know where and how so that's my nd question nbsp I also need this laptop for work class so I can't afford to send it in anywhere to have it fixed and I'm crossing my finger that changing its battery if neccessary is something a newbie like me could do with the right screwdriver and some guidance pretty please nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-70-Screen-Shutting-down-when-unplugged/td-p/3368171
Relevancy 59.77%

Earlier today I was surfing the internet when my computer suddenly made 2 beeps. Over the course of the next hour it continued making the same 2 beeps at intervals of approximately 5-10 minutes. I decided to turn off the computer and unplug it and, whilst waiting to plug it back in, I was surprised to hear the computer make the same two beeps! I carried on waiting and the computer continued to make the same 2 beeps every 5-10 minutes despite being disconnected from the mains.

At present the computer is still doing the 2 beeps every 5-10 mins regardless of whether it is on, off or unplugged. I'm not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but i'm guessing its the motherboard?

Can anyone offer any help as to what is causing the beeps and how to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 59.77%

I was cleaning my office and moving my office around yesterday. I unplugged the computer and disconnected all peripherals in order to move it to the other side of the room. Once everything was in place in the new location, I connected everything and then plugged in the computer. the fan came on, leds show up on my ethernet port, but the computer won't turn on. I press the on button and get nothing, the fan continues to turn, and only turns off if I unplug the machine... is this a PSU problem?

I have already purchased a new and improved computer, but need to access my old one for contact information, legal documents, and website addresses that I can't afford to lose.

I am considering bringing it in for service but thought if the suggestion is that the PSU is bad then I might just switch that out myself.

please advise.

A:Unplugged and Moved Computer, Now it will not turn on

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just try starting the computer with just the mains cable and monitor attached.

The reason I say that, is because not so very long ago, I had the same problem.

It turned out that the din connector to my tv card was shorting out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unplugged-and-moved-computer-now-it-will-not-turn-on.45507/
Relevancy 59.77%

I mistakenly unplugged my computer while working on it. Now, I cannot find my hard drive. How can I get everything back?

A:Unplugged computer/hard drive gone

HELP! computer was unplugged while being logged on and doing work. now my hard drive has disappeared. What can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugged-computer-hard-drive-gone-562704.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to Boot Monitors, Now Won't Unplugged Computer shut it off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it s back to the previous two problems now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot.1054619/
Relevancy 59.77%

please help i ll give you the short version then the long I was now detect unplugged wireless won't Computer don t know anything about computers and spendd days online hooking up computers and one ipod to my wireless router this computer was working fine but my mom unplugged the computer computer to paint the wall When we plugged it back in it does Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless not recogize the wireless network i had this problem before and fixed it but that was weeks ago and i have no idea what i did to fix it i have an LAN line running the length of our house from the router to computer and that is how i am able to get online long version Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless this particular computer was onced hooked Computer was unplugged now won't detect wireless up to a regular router as another computer computer was i lost my job and moved home bringing my laptop computer ipod touch and wireless router i connected my wireless router to the original router using an ethernet i followed a few tutorials on how to change dchp to static i ethernetted my computer computer to the wireless router and it recognized the wireless network i unplugged it and it worked i did the same thing for my mom s computer computer For what ever reason computer was such a headache and harder to get the wireless to be recognized but i figured it out well today computer was unplugged and now it doesn t recognize the wireless router again All the other systems do i m afraid to reset the router because i dont want the other computers to go down if the router resets to factory it took me days to figure out how to get this far anyway i know the problem is this computer since the other systems recongize the wireless just fine any advice this computer is an hp smart touch vista the router is a wireless linksys any help would be greatly appreciated as my mom wants this blue cord gone also the original router is still hooked up because i was afraid to disconnect everything and just use the wireless lastly this computer says that another computer is using the same ip address well it s the same address on all the other computers so i don t know why this one cares so much thanks and hopefully this makes sense nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I too had a problem when we re-modeled the computer room I simply unplugged the power and to computer Unplugged can't Internet connect now supply and left all other cables intact Since we don t usually use the PC Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet that the router and modem are attached to rather we use our laptops I simply re-plugged everything into a portable power strip and we did fine for the week that the room was disassembled When I moved the PC back into the room I simply plugged in the power Nothing No internet to the PC no wireless I have tried resetting all boxes changing out ethernet cables uninstalling the router and reinstalling calling AT amp T short of their service call which I refuse and being mindful of switching the modem from PPOE to bridged I finally bought a new router which was stupid I ve never heard of a router going bad and even that didn t help when I had this problem last year it ended being the modem and once they replaced it I didn t have any other problems until now My modem works fine as long as it s hardwired into the PC Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I ve never had this problem with any other service provider besides at amp t I m so over it nbsp

A:Unplugged computer and now can't connect to Internet

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-computer-and-now-cant-connect-to-internet.909141/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

Just building a new system today, its running a i7 930, anyway if I have the processor plugged in all the fans start and lights come on, but the fan are not at full speed and then I get continuous short beeps. If I unplug the processor all the fans run at full speed and I get no beep. I have already swapped out the PSU with a known working PSU and still got the same result. Any suggestions?

A:Computer Beeps continuously unless CPU is unplugged

I believe that, in order for anyone to be able to help, they need to know a few more things.
At the very least , which Motherboard or which BIOS does your MOBO have?
To quote from the website pcapprentice,"Computer beep codes run in a sequence and need to be identified as such. Whether they
are long or short beeps you have to determine where the sequence ends and the next begins. While the
sequence is continuous there is a slight pause between the series of computer beep codes"
You can buy a POST Diagnostics Card to get a readout, if you can't determine the number of beeps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158065&Tpk=bios post card
It might also be helpful to know what else is connected to the MOBO--graphics card, RAM, etc.?
With luck, it could be something really simple, like you don't have a GPU plugged in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-continuously-unless-cpu-is-unplugged.145276/
Relevancy 59.34%

As the title says, while i was away my PC had a BSOD, and my computer illiterate mom unplugged the PC

A:My PC BSOD while I was away, computer illiterate mother unplugged PC

Lighten up on your Mom, you only have one.

As for your crash,

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
Looks like you need to do some tests on your hard drive.

Please perform the following tests,

chkdsk /r

SeaTools for DOS and Windows

This is a good idea as well,

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336722-my-pc-bsod-while-i-away-computer-illiterate-mother-unplugged-pc.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently bought a used computer from our school that runs xp service pack I have a computer set up in my living room that is unplugged/used cable A added is computer network running xp service pack and that is the computer that is set up with the wireless router I also have two laptops bought new that I occasionally run off of the wireless router with no problems one laptop is xp one is vista Well this computer we bought from the school was brought home and turned on I thought it would pick up on the wireless connection with no problem they said it was wireless at the school but all I am getting is quot a network cable is unplugged quot I ran the internet connection wizard not sure if I was supposed to do that or not but either way it didn't help I A network cable is unplugged/used computer added still get the same message Can someone point me in the right direction I did a search for my problem but as soon as I type in a network cable is unplugged you can just imagine all of the goodies that pops up and nothing seems to be what I need Thanks Lisa

A:A network cable is unplugged/used computer added

Hi Lisa and welcome to TSF !

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Expand network adapters and give us the names of all the devices you see there. If there's some kind of warning sign next to one of the network adapters then tell us about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-used-computer-added-191793.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have 2 computers networked together and it has been working fine for years but today all of a sudden the second computer pops up with "network cable is unplugged". I looked at the network cable and it is plugged in but both lights are not on. The internet on my PC works fine so im guessing the network card on the 2nd computer went bad? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this?

A:Network cable unplugged on 2nd computer, no lights on

just replace it they are only a few dollars

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-on-2nd-computer-no-lights-on-52624.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, i got ATT internet a few months ago, and ever since I've had it my wifi, which is connected by Ethernet cable, will go out, like the wifi is still on, but my computer will show that my Ethernet cable is not connected to my computer when in reality it is connected, I've tried multiple cables and the problem still happens, but for my brother, the problem never happens to him on his computer. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this problem, it is very annoying when I'm on the internet and I will get dc'd from everything I'm doing due to this problem, it usually shows that the Ethernet cable isn't plugged in for about 10 seconds and then it re-realizes that it is plugged in. This happens around once every 30 minutes.

A:Computer showing Ethernet Cable Unplugged When it really is not.

First thing would be to check that you have the most up to date drivers for your lan connection. Typically you go to the manufactures website and look up your model and check to see if they have new drivers available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-showing-ethernet-cable-unplugged-when-it-really-is-not.1135793/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have not had a problem with this until now as I have started to have booting errors. If a boot error occurs I have to turn off my PC. When it's turned off it won't turn on unless I keep it unplugged pretty much overnight. When the computer is on it works completely fine. If any one has any ways I can solve this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:My computer won't turn on unless I have it unplugged for at least 10 hours before I can boot it up

Replace the power supply if the computer is a desktop computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-turn-on-unless-i-have-it-unplugged-for-at-least-10-hours-before-i-can-boot-it-up.207336/
Relevancy 59.34%

Issue I unplugged and replugged my two monitors Now when I turn the computer on it does not boot up Instead [SOLVED] Monitors, Computer Unplugged Boot Now Won't the CD drive clicks and nothing happens If I attempt to shut it [SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot off by holding the power button it turns right back on again While it still worked external memory devices USB flash SD cards in USB adapter etc did not work All other USB devices did Sims would only run with severe graphical glitches see thread in Games subsection for details Latest Changes Idiot ex installed Windows Ultimate on my machine assuring me it would take care of all driver needs I was unaware of his habit at the time but looking back I believe he may have been operating under the influence of marijuana And he intends to do this sort of thing professionally in the military in a life-and-death situation I hate my life Specs Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD Athlon tm Processor GHz GB RAM AsusTek EAH graphics card Update I unplugged the computer and then plugged it in again for the third time and now all of a sudden it recognizes both monitors now and can boot up again Now my question is quot why quot Oh and it's back to the previous two problems now

A:[SOLVED] Unplugged Monitors, Now Computer Won't Boot

Was the PC on when you unplugged the replugged the monitors?
If so not a good idea as you now know.

Have a look in device manager for any yellow or red call outs.

To open "Device Manager", Hit Start type/paste device manager in the search box and hit enter in Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks/Red callouts, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unplugged-monitors-now-computer-wont-boot-647307.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am really worried about my computer. It booted normally this morning but then my cat ran past my feet and ended up unplugging it. I tried to turn it back on but no luck. Tried again 5 minutes later and still nothing. Decided to turn it on and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then it finally booted up. It's slow, but works. What should I check for? Any ideas how to fix this? I'm afraid to turn it off again.

A:Computer almost doesn't boot after suddenly being unplugged. Help?

The most likely thing that happened was that the BIOS/UEFI reset itself to defaults. Some of those default settings could be different than the ones set before this happened.

A typical one is if the SATA mode is IDE as default but was set to AHCI to install Windows. But that change usually results in a bluescreen error. Do you know what your preferred BIOS setting were?

Also, System Specs would be nice. Just whether this is a laptop or desktop can make a difference.

In any event you will need to check and see if all is OK at some point. You will most likely need to restart to make any changes anyway.
Start by backing up your data, finishing any important work, and then restarting the PC from Windows Start Menu. If it restarts normally then shut it down and then start it back up.

I'm guessing you will be fine. If any hardware was damaged it can be replaced, but you've got to take the plunge at some point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364330-computer-almost-doesnt-boot-after-suddenly-being-unplugged-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi there,
my computer, hp dv3 2221-tx, freezes whenever i plug or unplug the power. its the first time i came across with this kind of situation.

and i guess my charger is working fine, because when i had win7 Home in same laptop, i never came across this kind of situation.

thanks in advance,
with best regards,

A:Computer freezes when charger is plugged or unplugged.

Hi,

is this happening only after you upgraded to windows 7? if so maby have a look at the manufaturers website for a power utility maby? Also i'd recommend checking your charger with a multimeter to check its giving the correct output.

It sounds more like hardware rather than a software issue but checkout what I said first n let me know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-when-charger-is-plugged-or-unplugged-603878.html
Relevancy 58.48%

ello
my computer :
foxconn motherboard
intel celeron 2.9 ghz
256 MB ram
running win xp
while i was working on it suddenly it shut down when i tried to turn it on again
it just went well till Winxp logo shown then a blank blue screen and it turned off again
it's always z same except if i left it for 2 or 3 hours unplugged it works well till i shut it down if i tried to turn it on again the blank blue screen appears again
that means that b4 i can work on my comp i need to unplug it for 2 hours (that sucks)
i suspect a power suply problem
can anyone help me?

A:I need help my computer wouldn't work until left unplugged for 2-3 hours

Something needs to cool off until it will work again. You could start with a PSU upgrade. When it's running (next time you get it running) have the side off and feel around from part to part (carefully) and try to find a really hot component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-my-computer-wouldnt-work-until-left-unplugged-for-2-3-hours.88785/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Thanks

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes

A normal XP install on a laptop would probably require a driver update for your wireless, but since you are on a Mac, You might get a better answer if you post this in the Mac forum section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-674354.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello this technically could be combined should be posted in my other topic but this is an urgent need If you read my other topic about my monitor From Not Computer, Monitor Unplugged Signal/Input Now No Supported. tinting it is indeed my monitor not my video card not my power supply and nothing to do with the computer itself But right now my monitor is fine to use other than the tinting I will be replacing the monitor with another monitor in the VERY near future The only problem is that I tested the monitor on Windows XP and it worked fine on the computer with Windows XP the one I m writing this from except the fact that it s Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. also tinting on XP This monitor says quot Works With Windows Vista quot It s an Acer x w LCD monitor I believe it Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. s quot or something close to that I thought the monitor would have no problem from going to Vista - gt XP - gt Vista but apparently something changed in the monitor that isn t allowing my computer with Vista to use it again There are two slots on my new computer one lower and one that makes the cord attach sideways the bottom slot when attaching the monitor cord says quot Input Not Supported quot which means I m guessing this is the right slot as I do not remember which slot I originally used it on and then the other slot says quot No Signal quot I ve read on the internet about something about called quot Refresh Rate quot but I ve never used it before and have no clue how to use it If it involves interaction with the computer I cannot see the screen so it s practically impossible There is indeed a disk that came with the monitor and a manual but I see nothing in the manual about my problem I do have another monitor but I have no clue if it d work with Vista as it s from about so I have no other monitor that would work with Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot Edit When the message appears quot Input Not Supported quot I tried pressing menu auto etc the buttons on the bottom of the monitor and nothing appears Now I just read that quot LCD s don t have refresh rates They have things called Response times which is different Doesn t matter what you set your refresh rate at you won t notice a difference with an LCD monitor quot now I m totally confused with what could be the damn problem Thanks Edit The Acer website states the following solution for this exact problem for this exact monitor In Windows Vista Press the Start button select Control Panel select Appearance and Personalization select Personalization and then Display Settings Under Resolution move the slider to the desired resolution and click Apply How are we suppose to do this if we cannot see our screen This problem makes it impossible to view the screen unless you know exactly where your going without the monitor then it s impossible nbsp

A:Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported.

If its a resolution issue you need to try and boot into safe mode. Do you get anything onscreen at start up or does it go immeadiately into unsupported mode?

I've never tried to get into Vista safe mode so I don't know, is it still done by tapping the F8 key or the F5 to get the boot menu? Anyway, once booted into safe mode you will be able to see the screen and reset the resolution to a supported one if that is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitor-from-computer-now-no-signal-input-not-supported.735841/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok we get internet through a wireless tower that beams it to an antenna on top of the house and it eventually ends up as one ethernet cord in the basement That may or may not be irrelevant Anyway I plug that cord into a router LINKSYS BEFSR it s a couple years old but it has always worked fine and set up a LAN with the main computer being an HP pavilion a w w win XP SP media center There isn t another computer connected all the time but I use various other machines on the network off and on PS macbook other people s computers that I m working on for whatever reason Recently we ve had several severe storms and flooding and whatnot and last night the internet suddenly quit working Solved: is computer etc unplugged, Main says cable network I assumed it Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc was the ISP until this morning when I called them and they said the problem was definitely on my end My first thought was router so I bypassed it and plugged my macbook directly into the ethernet cord from the antenna It worked and I thought I d pick up a new one when the flooding subsided and I could get into town and then everything would work fine I really need the internet on the main computer however so I did the same for it plugging it directly into the incoming internet The pavilion continued to say that the LAN was unplugged however I ve gone through every setting and troubleshooting I can think of but nothing I ve done will make the internet work on Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc the pavilion ipconfig all says media state disconnected Local area connection says network cable unplugged The light doesn t come Solved: Main computer says network cable is unplugged, etc on where the ethernet cable plugs in Now I think maybe I have a network card rather than a router problem or both I don t think the main computer being down would affect the other computers on the network but I m not really sure I even switched the macbook over to windows but it still works perfectly when the router is bypassed but if I unplug the exact same cord and put it in the pavilion it won t work The network card is Realtek RTL x Family Fast ethernet NIC The driver is updated I m absolutely stumped Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Being a Windows issue, I'll move this to the Windows forum, we don't know Windows. The Mac forum is for Apple PCs running Apple's OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-from-mac-674410.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have been having sound problems for about three days now The problem started as Switched on Windows XP Pro SP partition at that point I was dual booting with Ubuntu on start-up I got an error message saying quot Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application Sound computer from when is disappears electric unplugged supply. to work quot This was meaningless to me until I realised that there was Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply. no sound and no sound card in Device Manager gt Sound Video and Game Controllers So I googled and I found a guide on an Intel page about reinstalling the audio driver from disc I can t find that page now but it was about uninstalling the software via Add Remove Programs disabling audio in the bios and reinstalling from CD I attempted this but got an error message quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot and it wouldn t install I got mad thinking I had done something wrong with the entire Windows installation and decided to do a fresh install On fresh install from a XP Pro SP disc I switched off audio at the bios prior to the Windows Install and then installed the device drivers from the Intel DQ COE D - disc in the following order Chipset INF INF ALLOS PC Audio XP XP MCE v LAN LAN ALLOS PV Video and something else through Device Manager On attempting to install the Audio driver I got the same error message as last time quot Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again quot I then tried to install the new driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from http downloadcenter intel com Detail Desc aspx agr Y amp DwnldID amp ProdId amp lang eng amp OSVersion Windows XP Professional amp DownloadType Drivers This produced the following error message quot The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package The install was aborted quot I tried re-anabling sound in the bios and then installing and had the same error message I got annoyed with having no sound and so I installed an Audigy sound card Model SB driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy series driver from http support creative com Products ProductDetails aspx catID amp subCatID amp prodID amp prodName Audigy amp subCatName Audigy amp CatName Sound Blaster amp VARSET prodfaq PRODFAQ VARSET CategoryID and I had sound Then when I restarted and tried the Ubuntu Live CD and there was no sound I restarted Windows and installed the Intel audio driver XP XP MCE v from disc This worked and I had sound through both the Audigy card and the onboard Intel chip Device Manager showed a Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot however I forgot to print screen it so do not have any further details When I shutdown and took the Audigy card out of the PCI slot and restarted I still had sound I then shutdown again and switched on then I had no sound The codec was no longer listed in Device Manager and Device Manager was not recognising any uninstalled devices When I attempted to re-install either of the Intel drivers I got the same error messages as they had previously given I shutdown and returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and switched on this time getting a shrill beep on any attempt to play sound I then installed the Intel driver AUD allOS D x PV IDTGUI v Legacy from the website which worked this time I shutdown and removed the Audigy card I switched on and had sound I restarted and had sound I thought fixed I removed the Audigy software via Add Remove Programs However when I shutdown and removed the electric plug of the computer and restarted I once again had no sound and no sound card recognised in Device Manager I returned the Audigy card to the PCI slot and when I restart the Intel driver reappears and sound works even after unplugging from the electric So to sum it all up I am confused and need help with Why won t the Intel software install unless the Audigy card is present How come the Intel software remains after... Read more

A:Sound disappears when computer is unplugged from electric supply.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum I didn't see the AV forum.

I thought I should post the fix I have found. I've been trawling google for the various error messages and somehow happened upon this page: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-340889.html While I was not getting a "code 10" error I thought I'd try it and it worked!

This is what I did:
Removed the Audigy 2 card, switched on and went to "C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM" and double clicked on suhlp.exe and selected "run anyway" when it said a disc was missing from the D:\ drive. Shutdown and switched on. It worked! I've unplugged twice and it is still working. I wonder if doing this would have solved the original error message "Sonic Focus driver must be loaded for this application to work"...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406205/sound-disappears-when-computer-is-unplugged-from-electric-supply/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello.

The audio from my computer completely went dead when I turned it on. The speaker icon shows the symbol with the 'X' on it and after clicking it and going through the troubleshooter it can detect no problem. I tried updating the drivers through the HP website, and uninstall/reinstalled them but it still doesn't work. I even tried rolling back the computer to a restore point but that didn't work either.

The speakers are built into my monitor and is connected through a normal audio jack (not HDMI). I normally use my headphones through a jack built into the front of the tower.

My computer is a hp Pavillion Elite m9400f, Windows 7 Ultimate 64X (It also has a ATI HD Radeon 5770 graphics card; but I'm not sure if it's relevant to what might be causing this problem)

Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- Xavier

A:No sound from speakers or headphones, computer shows them as unplugged

You can try going to your device manager. Right click the audio device and select disable. Wait a minute, then right click again and select enable. See if this works for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208820-no-sound-speakers-headphones-computer-shows-them-unplugged.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I own a laptop made by Packard repair computer Startup unable was computer to start". start my "Your I can't Bell a French company Model name is Easynote TK BZ- FR Yesterday i was surfing the web when all of the sudden my computer shut down with absoluteluy no warning I thought it had something to do with overheating it hadn't been the first time my Startup repair "Your computer was unable to start". I can't start my computer computer shiut down unexpectedly so i didn't worry Startup repair "Your computer was unable to start". I can't start my computer too much so i didn't touch it for the rest of the day This morning when i tried to start it it let me choose wether to use Startup repair or start Windows normally I chose startup repair and let it run for a coule minutes When it was done it asked me to restart and i did The monitor displayed the Windos is starting message but the logo would not pop up at all After a few seconds startup repair started but this thime around it said it couldn't repair the problems These are the details Problem signature Problem Event name StartupRepairOffline Startup repair "Your computer was unable to start". I can't start my computer Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptFile OS Version Locale ID I have tried using Andvanced System Recovery Options to acces CMD I tried these following commands bootrec fixmbr followed by bootrec fixboot I rebooted but to no avail I also tried chkdsk r but it didn't work i received a message in the command promt saying The type of the file system is NTFS Cannot lock current drive Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected Can someone pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeee help me with this problem The only backup i have is of a few photos and other minor stuff i had which i store in Dropbox Can someone help me find a temprary solution to get my data back until i can fix the actual problem Thank you for taking your time to read this -Andrew

A:Startup repair "Your computer was unable to start". I can't start my computer

Does it keep looping through Startup Repair - it tells you that it couldnt repair and when you restart it will go into startup repair without letting you choose and tells you the same thing? 

If yes, This just happened to me 2 days ago. Spent 2 days trying to fix it but to no avail. 

You could try this method below ( it did nothing in my case)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html

What I had to do was to reinstall Windows 7.

To backup you can download and burn ubuntu on CD, boot from it and take the back up.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

You should choose to try it so you dont have to install it, but run it from the CD.

Regards
Darren

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503076/startup-repair-your-computer-was-unable-to-start-i-cant-start-my-computer/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys I m gonna get straight to the Freeze/Crash. unplugged? help. fan Computer is Weak PLEASE Because case processor? point Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. I have a custom rig I bought roughly Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. a year ago that had been built for two weeks It s still a pretty great build here are the specs I m not very great with technical stuff but Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help. I can get by Windows Home Premium AMD FX- Quad Core Processor RAM AMD AE G U GB DDR PSU Antec HCG- M Motherboard Gigabyte A-D GPU XFX Radeon Hd HDD WDC WD EARX- N YB ATA TB SSD OCZ-AGILITY ATA GB So I mainly produce music on this rig and if my session gets really really full sometimes the system will just freeze and I have nothing to do but a hard reset I ve had to hard reset hundreds of times at this point this has been going on for months but the system works BEAUTIFULLY most of the time Oddly enough there have been times where it crashes with just the browser open but that is very rare I don t understand why this thing is crashing I have cleaned all the fans but the side case fan It s an Enermax Ostrog case is unplugged This is where I may have an issue with overheating during stressful times on the CPU Is that correct The fan has male female molex connectors coming out but I don t have anything to connect those to directly without an adapter in my rig I don t think The thing is I bought this a while ago with my friend and he helped me set it all up he had the fan going before but had to unplug it one time and I never knew how to get it going again Pretty embarassing Anyway I noticed the sysfan small pin connection and I am wondering if I just need to purchase a molex to small pin adapter for the fan to work Then hopefully some of my issue will be resolved Any advice on that would be very appreciated I am not sure if my processor is overclocked either It very well may not be I have CPU-Z and HWMonitor but don t really know how to use them If it was done it may have been done in the BIOS but I really have no way of knowing some of this stuff and my buddy sort of abandoned me so he can t help me anymore Sorry for my lack of coherency and structure but let me know what other info I can give to you because I literally can t even play battlefield for more than mins on my rig and I can t have massive sessions going on in Cubase or Pro tools anymore nbsp

A:Computer Freeze/Crash. Weak processor? Because case fan is unplugged? PLEASE help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freeze-crash-weak-processor-because-case-fan-is-unplugged-please-help.1113707/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok so after i unpluged my hard drive. i plugged the slave cable back in and it still don't work. Anybody got any ideas. It made error beeping noises . PLz get back to my soone

A:I was Cleaning my Computer and i unplugged my the slave connecting my hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-was-cleaning-my-computer-and-i-unplugged-my-the-slave-connecting-my-hard-drive.851806/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron laptop I Cable main on Network but works computer Unplugged fine am using a wireless router broadcom x integrated for my home network My router is connected to a Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer computer running Windows XP but I never had a problem with compatibility before I ve been using these computers together for a long time My Network Connections in my control panel is reporting the the network cable for my LAN is unplugged However the main computer is reporting that it works and there is even a green on the router indicating that the wire is plugged in The main computer also shows a yellow blinking light where the cable Network Cable Unplugged but works fine on main computer connects to the computer indicating that all is fine on that end I need to re-establish my LAN in order to use the printer from my laptop I don t understand why it says the network cable is unplugged I ve never had this problem before and just noticed it yesterday I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey I have a Windows Xp Prof Sp Dell Latitiude D I m connected on a dialup and this is what Im trying to get my computer to fully shutdown in the minutes i specify ex minutes I sometimes leave the Shutting shutdown say"It it now want computer-Dont to down your computer" to safe is computer on at night and don t want it to be still on when i come back Something to make it automatically shutdown I got a program that shuts down the computer automatically And it works Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer" My computer shuts down but in the end it gets stuck at quot It is not safe to shutdown your computer quot I don t want it to do this because then someone needs to press the power button to fully shut it down Is there a way to make it so I don t come to this Also When I start up I see my username and a password box I don t have a password so I just press enter in the password box is there a way to make it so it doesn t ask for my blank password everytime I turn it on I can t find where to play with these settings If anyone can help Help pls thanksss nbsp

A:Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

This may help.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutting-down-computer-dont-want-it-to-say-it-is-now-safe-to-shutdown-your-computer.348394/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey TSF,

I was performing a system restore earlier when, while the process was occurring, I accidentally knocked the power out to my computer. Now when I turn on my computer it goes to the boot screen where I can choose a normal start up or a safe mode start up. Neither work as when I start it up, it just seems to get stuck at the green loading bar screen.

I also have the option to boot from my recovery disc. But after the "Loading Windows files" screen it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. I'm freaking out because I do a lot of work at my computer and can't get it to work (on my brother's computer at the moment). I also don't want to lose any important files on the computer. What can I do?

I have Vista Home Premium on SP2

Regards

A:Accidentally shut down computer during System Restore.. computer doesn't start up

Do you get any options with the Recovery Disc? If you do look for an option called Startup Repair and try that. It should replace the mbr and other essential boot files for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidentally-shut-down-computer-during-system-restore-computer-doesnt-start-up-383767.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a HP Pavillion dv ca Notebook PC with AMD Turion X Mobile Technology Tl- G Ram NVIDIA GeForce Go with Vista Ultimate -bit SP The computer when running slowly makes a ton of noise starting up and running and tends to use more processing The computer sometimes makes weird noises that aren t normal windows sounds and come from error s Like intense beeping noises ocassionally Firefox especially is insanely slow and the longer I run it the more processing power it uses up along with the plugins exe Sometimes it will uses so much that it completely freezes my computer Lately I ve also been having trouble starting the slow firefox, [Computer sometimes (Vista) startup freezing, incredibly 1] on won't start fully with Computer computer where it won (Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1] t even load windows I ve ran Ccleaner daily and Malwarebytes weekly and find nothing and the (Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1] problem has been getting progressively worse I have Avast which updates daily DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by bloopertown at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm (Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1] exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users bloopertown Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB a... Read more

A:(Vista) Computer freezing, incredibly slow with firefox, sometimes won't start fully on startup [Computer 1]

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392736/vista-computer-freezing-incredibly-slow-with-firefox-sometimes-wont-start-fully-on-startup-computer-1/
Relevancy 54.61%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Dual Ram Out And And Start Keep Up Ram With Running A Processor Computer Computer Of 4 Gig Of Slow At Scan saved at AM on Platform Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer Windows XP SP Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system AstSrv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE C Program Files Common Files Hewlett-Packard HP Device Communication Services Appinterfaces HPDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Common Files Hewlett-Packard HP Device Communication Services AppInterfaces HPDeviceHost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe C DOCUME Emunah LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM ... Read more

A:Slow Computer At Start Up And Keep Running Out Of Ram With 4 Gig Of Ram And A Dual Processor Computer

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:44:32 PM, on 11/13/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nTrayFw.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Probe\AsusProb.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2H1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Device Communication Services\Appinterfaces\HPDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Device Communication Services\AppInterfaces\HPDeviceHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Wcescomm.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\rapimgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AstSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Emunah\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.469\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Compa... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115658/slow-computer-at-start-up-and-keep-running-out-of-ram-with-4-gig-of-ram-and-a-dual-processor-computer/
Relevancy 54.61%

Well today when I woke up I tried starting my computer but it started making beeping noises and the light on makes run wont on start, beeping Computer computer noises the expansion bay started flashing I looked up the problem and found it it s beep code The beeps my computer is Computer makes beeping noises on start, computer wont run making is as follows short short long short short long short short long short short long short short long There is a one second interval in between each set I went to the HP site and found this page http h www hp com ewfrf wc document lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp docname bph N However I m not sure if it applies to my BIOS or not I have a HP Pavilion Media Center m n TV PC GB RAM Nvidia GeForce LE Graphics Card and about GB of HDD space and an Intel Core Quad Processor Q I tried looking for the specific BIOS on my computer but couldn t find it So I can only assume what they say is my problem is what it actually is Which is that my computer was quot Unable to initialize video or video card required but not installed quot This computer is about years old and I have never changed the card and have not updated the drivers for several months How can I fix this problem I read on other forums where people where having problems with their RAM they had to try putting it into a different slot however I m not sure if my computer has multiple PCI-E slots to do this Furthermore If I do have to do something similar I have no means of grounding myself Would it be okay if I just did this with my hands Or should I just spend the extra money to buy something to ground myself with Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Computer makes beeping noises on start, computer wont run

Do you have any display at all?

If not, then it's probably certain that the beep code is correct; that your video chip needs butter (because it's toast).

Does it have a video card installed? If so, pull it, and see if you can get display through the native video output. If it is without a video card, go to a local shop, and see if they have on old one, compatible with your system, that you can use to test with. If it tests good, you probably need to buy a video card...

If your computer is disconnected, you can probably get away without any grounding strap. Nothing in life is guaranteed tho'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-makes-beeping-noises-on-start-computer-wont-run.943781/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there
My laptop is a acer aspire 1640z. I re-installed the xp because I was having problems. I found something, everytime I install a program/application from a disc, after restarting the system the mouse and the keyword don't respond properly and the cpu usge is very high, more than 90%

A:why when I install a program in my computer from a disc the computer start to slow do

What program ? What disc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-when-i-install-a-program-in-my-computer-from-a-disc-the-computer-start-to-slow-do.820574/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
Suddenly my computer doesn't shut down. The start menu shows all the icons but when I click on them nothing works and so am unable to shut down. Its a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7. I've not dowloaded anyting recently. I use the AVG anti virus.
I am able to browse the net and can open the folder as these icons are on the bottom tool bar.

thanks for any help

A:Computer not shutting down!

Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
======
Click Start - in the search box.
Type
msconfig

Click on the Start Up Tab.
Write down carefully what is listed and post the list here.
Or post a screenshot
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-shutting-down.1110441/
Relevancy 54.18%

my computer randomly shuts off A LOT. without warning. its ALWAYS charging so idk if its that. i downloaded "speed fan". whenever i am online i can hear the fans running. so i really don't know what to do? its really annoying when it keeps shutting down.... (especially when i am playing long videos) help?

Running on Windows 7.

i have a gateway 7326GZ

A:Computer keeps shutting down! HELP.

This isn't a put-on is it?

You have only 479MB of RAM? How can windows 7 run on that little memory? The minimum RAM requirements for Windows 7 is 1GB of memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138977-computer-keeps-shutting-down-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have just installed XP, and since then the compter will not turn itself off once I shut down, it goes to the "it's now safe to turn your computer off screen and no further. I have tried Marioh's solution (posted 01-30-2002 ) for Win 2000 but that does not seem to work either.
Any ideas greatfully received

Marc

Thanks for the help Tpb that site was a lot of help!

A:XP not shutting down computer

Try this:
http://tweakxp.com/tweakxp/display.asp?id=312

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-shutting-down-computer.67165/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently got a used Mac OSX G4. It works great except it won't stay on. Sometimes I can work on it for hours without a problem and other times it will shut off every two minutes or so. Please let me know if there is an easy fix!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.574641/
Relevancy 54.18%

This is a problem I've been having for the last few months.
My computer randomly goes into a shut down sequence and there's nothing I can do? Sometimes I'm in the middle of a game and just then I was typing something into google, and then all of a sudden my programs close and 'Windows shutting down' screen comes along.
???Is this the work of a virus?

I have a dozen anti-spyware programs and BitDefender anti-virus which all detect nothing.
This only happens after a prolonged amount of time is actually rare, there's nothing I'm doing that 'triggers it'.

A:Computer shutting itself down! Please help!

welcome

take the side off and blow out the case with it unplugged

have a vac ready. as you might create a dust cloud

while the side is open, report back all the info on the side of the power supply

there is a chance that your supply is faulty

but run it first with the side off and a fan blowing in to eliminate heat as the cause.

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-shutting-itself-down-please-help-97095.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

My girl Friends Computer keeps shutting down. It started when I replaced the monitor, now it shuts down one time each night.
When the AC is on or it is a litter colder it does not do it.

I have tried to put the old monitor back on the computer but the monitor does not turn on not even when doing the cmos memory check. But I can hear the computer starting.

but the new monitor works fine apart from it saying that the display needs to be 1440*1600 or something and the computer shutting down. We have the setting it set a little higher because the computer does not have this setting . I think we have at set at ????*1600 I am not sure of the first number.
Has anyone get any ideas

A:Computer shutting down

Sure sounds like the computer is overheating. Open the computer, clean out the dust and cobwebs (a vacuum cleaner works fine). Then check to make sure that all the fans are working and nothing is obstructing the air flow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.754005/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i have a recent new computer and for some reason it keeps shutting down. i ran a snam nothing there i cleaned disk and everything i was on another site and ran a log and everything and they told me nothing was there but why is it shutting down plz help thanks

A:my computer keeps shutting down

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you do the following:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or

Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed

with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-

click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

(If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from

here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before

scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the

main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the

Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

Click Close to exit the program.

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

So, i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down.843152/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am working on an eMachine that starts, boots up but when it begins to think, it shuts down everything but the power supply. I thought it might be the fan on the cpu causing it to overheat as it seems like a heating problem so I put a new one in but nothing changed. I ran my diagnostics program which found nothing wrong and then tried a Motherboard POST diagnostics card which gave the code CO69. It is a Phoenix BIOS and the information I have tells me nothing. I would suspect the cpu because the heat sink was filthy but I am not getting anything to tell me for sure. Are there some tests available to check the cpu?

Thanks

A:Computer Shutting Down

Maybe it IS the power supply thats to blame? Not sure, I just posed a slightly similar problem. Some genius will be along here soon I hope

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.598411/
Relevancy 54.18%

ComboFix - - - quot mike quot - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Created a new shutting computer keeps down restore point computer keeps shutting down Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS nircmd exe - - --ah----- C DOCUME ADMINI NTUSER DAT - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI WINDOWS - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC You ve Got Pictures Screensaver - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC toshiba - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC Intuit - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC ATI - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC AOL - - lt DIR gt d-------- C batt en tos - - lt DIR gt d-------- C sa v - - --a------ C WINDOWS system d d caps dat - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Windows Media Connect - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system drivers UMDF - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files MP Gain - - --a------ C WINDOWS system AvastSS scr - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswmon sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswmon sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system aswBoot exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswTdi sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aavmker sys - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers aswRdr sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Alwil Software - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Windows Defender - - --------- C WINDOWS system drivers cdralw k sys - - --------- C WINDOWS system drivers cdr xp sys - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Common Files SureThing Shared Find M Report - - --------- d-------- C DOCUME MIKEAL APPLIC U - - --------- d-------- C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion - - --a------ C WINDOWS system msxml dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system gdi dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS explorer exe - - --a------ C Program Files rim zip - - --sh--r C WINDOWS system D sys - - --sha-w C WINDOWS system KGyGaAvL sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot QuickTime Task quot quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot - - quot PrintServer Diagnostic quot quot C Program Files Print Server PTP PSDiagnostic exe quot - - quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Windows Defender quot quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot - - quot avast quot quot C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe quot - - quot Pinger quot quot C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe quot - - HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ctfmon exe quot quot C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot - - quot Yahoo Pager quot quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk backup C WINDOWS pss Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Exif Launcher lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Exif Launcher lnk backup C WINDOWS pss Exif Launcher lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupfolder C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup RAMASST lnk path C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup RAMASST lnk backup C WINDOWS pss RAMASST lnkCommon Startup HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg APL quot C Program Files ACT ACT for Win APL exe quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft shared tools msconfig startupreg ATIPTA quot ... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

For the last few months my Compaq Presario Model No SR Y had begun crashing keeps down Computer shutting regularly with the Blue Screen of Death nbsp I ve gotten a variety of errors although to be honest I don t remember Computer keeps shutting down what they all were nbsp Sometimes it would sound like it was still on but the monitor was not recognizing the computer as being on nbsp Hoping to fix this problem I did a clean install of Windows on my hard drive nbsp The problems persisted so I suspected Computer keeps shutting down maybe it was an issue with the hard drive itself nbsp So I bought and installed a new hard drive installed Windows on it and the problem is still persisting nbsp The BSOD s have mostly stopped but my computer still won t stay on for more than a few minutes before going into that on-but-not-on state I d like to figure out definitively what is causing this problem and to know if there s any way to fix it nbsp If not it ll be time for a new computer which I hope to avoid if possible as I m a poor college student nbsp I am a computer science student so I am at least somewhat familiar with the workings of the operating system etc nbsp I m more hazy on the hardware aspect so any help is greatly appreciated nbsp Thanks

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158312.0.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,

My computer shuts down everynow and then, don't matter what I am doing, playing games, internet, e-mailing, etc... message from boot up says"
SEC MASTER DRIVE-ATAPI INCOMPATIBLE.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM?

THANKS,
GNIT

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Gateway computer running Win 2000 Professional and sometimes it freezes, sometimes it just shuts itself off. I tried doing a restore without a format, but it didn't work. Does this sound like a hardware problem, or should I do a more aggressive restore?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-off.177928/
Relevancy 54.18%

hello thanks. im coming to this forum because i went to hijackthislog forum for help and they tried to help me but said they dont believe my issue is because of malware and sent me here. so please help me. i have windows xp home edition. i bought this computer in 2004. computers shuts off on its own while im doing things on computer or even when i move mouse when its in idol. i dont know why? need help please.

A:Computer Shutting Down On Own

Does it give you any error messages when it shuts down or does it just shut off to a blank screen?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120247/computer-shutting-down-on-own/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I watch a show on ABC, MTV, CBS etc. My computer will shut down within 10 minutes. This is the only time it does this. I mean I can watch Netflix with no problem. Help!!!

A:computer keeps shutting down

Hi nikilou28,Please provide the following details:Is it a laptop or a desktop?Since when are you facing this issue?Are you watching the show on a browser or a specific application?If you are using a browser, reset the browser using the link mentioned below:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737Also, check the power options and change it to never shutdown.For power options, open the Start Menu and type powercfg.cpl in the search box. Press enter.Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/computer-keeps-shutting-down/13409.html
Relevancy 54.18%

good morning all my computer keeps shutting down and starting up once in awhile i ll get an error saying something along shutting down keeps computer the lines of memory cannot be read or written too this started yesterday i havent added any new computer keeps shutting down hardware or software i did a system restore same thing here is a hjt log please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss computer keeps shutting down exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost computer keeps shutting down exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Cox Applications app Console exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe c Program Files Cox Applications App syssvcnt exe c Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings HP Owner My Documents hijack this HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - c Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - c Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quo... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I am using an e-machine computer (from best buy) with Windows XP. I've had to restore it often because the kids are contantly on Limewire or some other area they shouldn't be. But, this problem is different. In a nutshell, the computer just shuts down. No warning, no error message, just off! It started doing this today, and I tried unplugging and plugging it back in. Turned the computer back on and it stayed on for about 5 minutes then off again.

My son uses the computer a lot to play World of Warcraft. I tried cleaning the hard drive. Didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karen

A:Computer Shutting Down

I had a similar problem with my computer. Did you purchase a better video card or are you using the onboard video?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49273/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

My friend s comp is screwed when I try to run AdAware the computer shuts itself down it gives me a countdown and shuts down in seconds But I m not an itself down? Computer shutting expert and I know alot of you guys are much more experienced than me If any of you can help us out I would appreciate it greatly Thanks in advance Here s the HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Computer shutting itself down? Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files eMachines Bay Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System zqjfke exe C WINDOWS System SahAgent exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exe C Program Files DownloadWare dw exe C Program Files NaviSearch bin nls exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Computer shutting itself down? program files solutions sais exe C Program Files VVSN VVSN exe C WINDOWS System toupwd exe C Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files eMusic eMusicClient exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS System wifaccrc exe C PROGRA Web Offer wo exe C PROGRA ezula mmod exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings ivette de la paz Application Data DownloadPlus exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files aim aim exe C WINDOWS System exdl exe C Program Files CxtPls CxtPls exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings ivette de la paz Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aimhome netscape com aimhome adp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http search search-exe com nph-search cgi tcode exesrch amp look stmpl amp fw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www begin search com sidesearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search search-exe com nph-search cgi tcode exesrch amp loo... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I have a barebones kit computer that I put together approximately two years ago. Since then I've had to purchase new memory and now a new hard drive due to it going bad.  I just bought a brand new hard drive a WD 1TB 7200 64mb SATA. After installing it, the computer kept shutting down on me until I updated the buffer speed in the bios and that seemed to cure the problem for the time being. Now it is doing the same thing, shutting down on me right in the middle of me doing things on it. Any one know what I am missing here?

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

A:Computer shutting down

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521997/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer keeps shutting down on its own after about an hour or less and lags recently when i watch videos using Windows Media Player Not sure what the problem is but can shutting Computer down keeps its on own anyone help me Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Computer keeps shutting down on its own C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger Msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system HPConfig exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Settings Felicia Lee Ziying Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run PreloadApp c hp drivers printers photosmart hphprld exe c hp drivers printers photosmart setup exe -d O - HKLM Run srmclean C Cpqs Scom srmclean exe O - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe s O - HKLM Run QT HPOT C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run HPAIO PrintFolderMgr C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X hpoopm exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger Msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem C Program Files Messenger Msgslang dll - - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explore... Read more

A:Computer keeps shutting down on its own

Looks clean even though there is no anti-virus protection.

Overheating could be a possibility. Have you checked inside the case for dust build up? Are all the fans clean and running properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own.407646/
Relevancy 54.18%

i dont know why my computer is restarting on its own. i keep getting a window pop up saying system shutdown. here the window pop up. any 1 know how to fix this problem? please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-shutting-down-in-its-own.154466/
Relevancy 54.18%

This problem has been going on for a few days now The computer shutting down computer somehow seems to shut itself down multiple times during the day Often I have trouble getting it to start back up It seems to restart itself more in the morning than in the afternoon or evening I have run adaware spybot s amp d AVG antivirus and just recently installed the Zone Alarm firewall None of them find anything Here is the hijack this log that was taken after computer shutting down all the tests were run Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon computer shutting down exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS computer shutting down system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http comcast net comcast html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www worldusa com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp amp Search the Web - C WINDOWS Web Ers src htm O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D E C -BD A- D - A - A D - http chat yahoo com cab yacsui cab O - DPF A F B BD-A A - A- - D ScorchPlugin Class - http www sibelius com downlo... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

My brother was downloading something off of limewire on our family computer, and now when you try to get onto a account it shuts off as you click it. I want to say it is a virus, because I can go on there when I am on safe mode. I have no idea what to do about it, because I can only be on there for 2 minutes so I cannot do a scan or anything! Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shutting-off-by-itself-357386.html
Relevancy 54.18%

We don't know why It seems to be if it gets bogged is itself shutting Computer off down but other times it won't be doing anything The computer never quot sleeps quot either I don't know if that is relevant We turn it off at night We have Computer is shutting itself off Norton AV but if we run it the computer turns off If we run Kaspersky it turns off after finding viruses It just says skipped and doesn't say what they are Thanks in advance Monica main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by HP Administrator on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed QuickTime - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS ehome ehrecvr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel R Quick Resume Technology ELService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system alg exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE C hp KBD kbd exe C WINDOWS system hpsysdrv exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE IHU A dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go micros... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

HELP I properly shut down my computer left and came home about hrs later I decided to turn on the computer my computer started up but then Computer shutting down keeps it said that I did Computer keeps shutting down not properly shut down the comp and etc so it asked me if I wanted to use safe mode or restart blah blah so I restarted the comp but then all of a sudden this blue screen popped up saying that to prevent any damage to my computer it won t let me pass that screen what is going on After the blue screen popped up it restarted Computer keeps shutting down automatically without me pushing any buttons so its very hard for me to read everything it says on there but it says that I should restart if it is the first time its happend or push safe mode if that doesnt work so I pushed safe mode still didn t work HELP I don t have my restore disc with me right now and I need my comp to be fixed what can I do I did ewideo check restgarted comp but can t access it normally only allows me to access it by safe mode please HELP nbsp

A:Computer keeps shutting down

You need restore disk or XP cd and run XP Repair is only way I know out of this:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.470545/
Relevancy 54.18%

This is the second time of trying to type this message (computer switched off the first time), My computer is deciding to close its self down at random moments, the only way I can bring it back up is by switching off at mains Pressing reset or the on/off button does not work!! I have running or have run AVG virus, Spybot search and destroy, Spyguard, Spywareblaster,spywaredoctor,ewido, spywareguard, adware se and C cleaner!!!! (do I have too many???) anyway the machine will also freeze whilst down loading CDs to itunes this only occurs whilst running this prog.

Thanks in advance Jam ears

A:Computer Shutting Down!

Here is my HJT log at the moment!Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 19:02:48, on 26/10/2005Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\sstray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\gsicon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dslagent.exeC:\Program Files\HotBrick\Software Personal Firewall\PFWall.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.ExeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXEC:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXEC:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\en-gb\bin\WindowsSearch.exeC:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exeC:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXEC:\Program Files\Speed Disk\nopdb.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.05.0001.1119\en-gb\bin\WindowsSearchIndexer.exeC:\Program Files\BT Broadband\Help\bin\mpbtn.exeC:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exeC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\HJT\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://uk.msn.com/O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocxO2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dllO2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dllO2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dllO2 - BHO: MSN Search Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1082\en-gb\msntb.dllO3 - Toolbar: MSN Search Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1082\en-gb\msntb.dllO3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nForce Tray Options] sstray.exe /rO4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33290/computer-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

For some reason lately my computer has just been shutting down on its own. I leave it alone for a while and it will either be frozen and I have to restart it or it has restarted itself and comes to a black screen in the middle of loading things saying system error boot enter system disk. Now I tried putting in the Windows XP disk but it is not working. And if I press restart from there it will keep giving me the same error message. I have to turn the computer completly off for a second then turn it back on for it to work. Sometimes I will catch it saying physical dump of memory.

I have tried running Norton and spyware programs but nothing is making it go away. Any help would be wonderful. I am stuck and don't want to have to get another computer.

Thanks,

Steph

Relevancy 54.18%

I seem to have been overtaken by something nasty When I click links using Firefox I m redirected somewhere else am also getting popups It s most likely something my kids installed although of course none will claim responsibility Thanks for any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Windows System PSLP exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier Computer down keeps shutting itself exe C Program Files HP Connections Program HP Connections exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows Explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Computer keeps shutting itself down Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Hosts localhost O - HKLM Run Windows Updates c windows system Update exe O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot c Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run hpqSRMon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run XboxStat quot C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe quot silentrun O - HKLM Run PSLP Agent C Windows System PSLP exe O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run Windows Updates c windows system Update exe O - HKCU Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE isuspm exe -startup O - HKCU Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler O - HKCU Run explorer C Windows explorer exe O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem Us... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

I recently installed some more RAM into my computer but after the install the monitor stopped working I made sure everything was in place and rebooted four or five times but all I got was the monitor configuration even though I couldn't change anything The computer and monitor were both on and running but the screen was all black except for the blue monitor configuration in the middle which would not go away This only occurred when I tried turning them both on at the same time When the monitor was already on amber light and then keeps shutting off Computer I attempted to boot the computer the light would not turn green and the monitor would stay off I took the RAM out and everything was working perfectly on the first try However about fifteen minutes later my computer just completely shut off I rebooted XP said the system had recovered from a serious error and before I had much time to do anything about it Computer keeps shutting off the system shut off again I continued to reboot the machine but it seemed as though the system would shut off sooner and sooner with each reboot I tried to look in the BIOS for information and tried LastKnownGood as well as Safe Mode but the computer would either just shut off after getting to the XP logo long before ever reaching the logon screen or reset itself and then shut off shortly after I checked to make sure everything was in place several times both internally and externally and everything appears to be okay Any ideas I have a lot of valuable files on one of the accounts that I'd rather not lose I was also thinking about using another computer on the network to access that account but I'm not really sure how and I think it only applies to systems that already have Remote Access Client enabled If the computer I'm trying to access is turned off and refuses to turn on is there a way to access one of its accounts without using the computer itself Edit For what it's worth every now and then there would be an error message that popped up just before the computer shut off It appeared so fast that I didn't have time to read it but one of them mentioned insufficient virtual memory Though I can't be sure what the other error messages said I'm pretty certain that they were different errors each time

A:Computer keeps shutting off

This sound like to completely different problems. 9 times out of 10 when a computer keeps shuting down and rebooting it is more than likely the power supply failing. If you have an extra one lying around I would give it a try.

Now as far as the RAM goes I am not really sure what would cause that other than a bad stick. Was the stick new and did you ground yourself prior to handling it?

And lastly the error about system memory be low means you computer is running more processes than it can handle. First watch you post and make sure you compture is reading the installed RAM correctly. It may be possible you jared the old stick lose when to removed the new one. I would not hurt to use a Norton or of anti-virus boot disk to search for viruses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-keeps-shutting-off-27842.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My son plays a game called Maple Story After about minutes of playing it shuts down I had this problem a while back and thought it was due to a screwed up program which I fixed and then the computer stopped shutting down Well yesterday months after we thought we fixed the problem it started doing it again It only does it when the game is being played I surf the web ALL the time and it never happens it also never shuts off while it is sitting idle only when using a game The last time down..... shutting Computer it happend it was a different game runescape that he was playing when it would shut down I thought it might have something to do with activex Any ideas I am totally stumped I know nothing about computers so I am not sure what to do to fix this I have Mcafee and I have done several scans it is not detecting any viruses PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone again. I seem to be having some issues with my computer. I will describe each one at a time. If you answer, please reference the number to the problem you are answering. Thank you very much.

1) Instead of hibernating or going to screen saver (save energy) mode, my computer shuts itself completely down. It did not do this before and is a fairly new occurrence (about 2 weeks now).

2) I cant seem to be able to reinstall hardware (printer, etc.)

A:computer keeps shutting down

I forgot to mention I have an old compaq presario desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-shutting-down.962502/
Relevancy 54.18%

Our Computer keeps shuttin down. Sometimes withing five minuites from start. Don't know if it is a hardware or software problem. Any help would be greately appreciated. I have the notpad file I got from using OTScanit2.exe program but don't know how I can upload it for view. Thanks for any help you can give me.

A:Computer keep shutting down

Manufacturer and model?Have you checked for overheating?How to Avoid Overheating Hardware Secrets - http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/142 Cleaning A Laptop Computer - http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/usingyour...cleanlaptop.htm Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/ Any error messages (not warnings or informational messages) in Event Viewer that might give clues?How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ You might also need to Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180463/computer-keep-shutting-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

For the last couple of days my computer has been shutting down by itself, arbitrarily. I could be looking at my bios, on my desktop or while the computer is starting up.

There is no exact time it does this. I'm not sure what is wrong but, I have no more than a minute, usually less before it shutdown.
Interesting my mouse lights are on even after my computer has been shutdown.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone

My computer has just shut itself down for no apparent reason. The standby light on the monitor stayed on but all the lights on the tower went off. I switched it off at the wall and restarted and it is up and running again now. I had no error message and no blue screen FAT32 file check thing. The dates have also not changed.

Is this something that can happen or should I be worrying?

Thanks!

A:Computer shutting down ...

It could be over heating. Make sure the fans are working and that nothing is blocking a smooth flow of air around the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shutting-down.353376/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a year old HP computer running windows Never had any problems until last week It just shut down while I was on it I tried restarting it would go to the log in page and shut down again not shut off but Help shutting keeps Computer - down actually shut down When I would try to put my password in it kept typing letters until the box was full I tried system restore and finally had to do system recovery Upon finishing that when it restarted it shut down again I kept trying and it seemed to Help - Computer keeps shutting down stay on longer each time til I finally got it Help - Computer keeps shutting down to work Was ok for about days and started all over again I wasn t able to open and reinstall my personal stuff I was afraid Help - Computer keeps shutting down maybe something in there messed it up Any ideas I don t have a password on my restart now and it sometimes will load everything but mostly shuts down after it says welcome Sometimes it will stay on an hour sometimes won t stay on at all Since I wiped it clean pretty much surely if there was something file wise I would have removed it Is it the computer itself I have Norton Internet Security I cleaned my keyboard thought maybe a key was stuck the way it would keep typing like I had a key pressed I noticed it sometimes does that if I am typing then shuts down

A:Help - Computer keeps shutting down

Those kind of symptoms are indicative of a failing power supply. Try booting into Safe Mode and see if it does the same thing. Windows Safe Mode only loads a minimum set of devioe drivers and doesn't place the system under any strain. Don't do anything and just leave it running for a while. If it still shuts down regardless, then it's almost certainly power related. It could also be the case that the CPU fan has failed whereby the system shuts down automatically to avoid damage to the motherboard.

To boot into Safe Mode, hit F8 a couple of times immediately after the HP logo disappears from view which will take you to the Windows Advanced menu. You'll see Safe Mode in the options. Use the up/down arrow keys to select it and then hit Enter.

Is the machine still under warranty? If so, give HP tech support a call so that they can arrange to replace it for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446573/help-computer-keeps-shutting-down/