Windows Support Forum

Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard

Q: Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard

I ve got this legendary socket motherboard DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce SLI almost new only LanParty - UT using BIOS DFI Del motherboard enter Cannot key Expert SLI-DR NF4 one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those plastic parts from both sides bought this baby really cheap from well known Romanian e-bay like site okazii ro and I put it on my FX- dual core yeah THAT one and some KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my rig Here is my problem now this board is Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard working those red diagnostic LEDS start next only one left so no quot LEDs of death quot syndrome for me and the onboard speaker beeps ONCE which I know is always a good thing but I cannot enter BIOS to setup as I need Del key on my PS keyboard is NOT working as it should I press the key and the result is nada nothing first I see the boot logo from Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard DFI after that Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard I see this error message quot CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded press F to continue or Del to enter setup quot and when I press Del I get nothig and when I press F key sometimes I see this message quot Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK quot and other times I see quot Sil SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F to enter RAID utility quot One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to selct HDD CD-ROM or some other option and this board actually can boot using CD DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it s not a problem with my FX- processor and I m happy that it is working well is all good no problem here actually I ve seen it s name and working frequency Mhz at POST please help me to solve this problem with my mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-enter-bios-using-del-key-dfi-lanparty-ut-nf4-sli-dr-expert-motherboard.204105/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.24%

my desktop is a AMD A Triple Core GHz GB RAM Motherboard is ASUS f a -m le I'm trying to enable crossfire with my Raedon graphics card and the APU I beleive I need to change a setting enter to le motherboard ASUS Unable f1a55-m BIOS in BIOs to 'onboard' graphics because at the moment the system is only recognizing the graphics card and not the APU graphics as well when I plug in the My problem is that I can't enter the BIOS When I load up I press Enter but all I'm left with is a black screen I've tired pressing ESC F etc but Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard no luck There's not even a boot screen image Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard on load up of ASUS logo and menu at the bottom outlining which key to press for bios etc which there was on my previous computer I have it hooked up to my HDTV PC gt DVI adapter gt HDMI cable gt HDTV It was suggested Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard I tried running the HDMI directly from the discrete card but no joy I still can't access enter the bios screen

A:Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard

Are you pressing the "delete" key when the post screen comes up? To my knowledge, to enter the BIOS on any system, that is what you have to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230048-unable-enter-bios-asus-f1a55-m-le-motherboard.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello all I ve been messing with and Googling this problem all day and am stumped Any help will be greatly appreciated My laptop Toshiba A -S XP SP MCE Solved: or Toshiba: Cannot enter Safe Mode boot enter from on or BIOS CD startup Intel T Duo Core GB RAM Two days ago I had a glitch - a bunch of browser windows were open and the Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup system just sort of froze up I ended up doing a hard restart The PC then took a longer than normal time to boot back up That made me nervous so yesterday I made True Image images of both partitions on the HD that is C OS and apps and D data This morning I decided to run a memory diagnostic disk I had memtest and Windows Diagnostics CDs on hand I set boot priority to CD DVD ROM Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup using Start gt All Programs gt Toshiba gt Utilities gt Toshiba Assist gt Optimize gt Toshiba Hardware Settings gt Boot Priority When I restarted the PC I heard the CD Rom drive spin for a few seconds but the screen stayed lack and didn t boot After some time passed with no activity I hit control alt delete a couple of times and XP then booted form the HD I unsuccessfully tried multiple times with three bootable CDs that worked on another Toshiba laptop including the Recovery and Apps disk that came with the laptop Same result I re-checked boot order a few times and the setting priority was still as I had set it I then found that I was unable to get into either safe mode or BIOS or to get the PC to boot from the CD ROM during startup using any of F F F or C Always the same result as in step although not always with the CD ROM spinning A System Restore to a point about one week ago did not help So I realize I m probably looking at a full OS reinstall pretty tedious with reconfiguring the tuners with MCE since the images I made yesterday presumably have the same problem I am experiencing At least I don t anticipate losing any data I m grateful for any advice or thoughts including whether there s a way to figure out if this problem is hardware related Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-cannot-boot-from-cd-or-enter-safe-mode-or-enter-bios-on-startup.766709/
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop has no problem before. Recently I try to install Windows XP. First attempt fail, so I change SATA at BIOS from AHCI to Compatible, success. However the partition that I want to install*Windows XP to is not available.*

So just to test I choose my Windows 7 partition. Since it want to format the partition, I cancel the installation. After restarting windows, it stuck at bios. I restart again and change SAT to AHCI. Restart, still stuck at bios. This time I cannot enter BIOS, recovery or change boot media. Assuming the boot sector has corrupt, will reseating the cmos battery will fix this *problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.*

A:Windows 7 Stuck At BIOS Cannot Enter BIOS or Change Boot Media

Somehow with guidance from Lenovo Community, I solved the problem.

For future reference:
1. Take out HDD, battery, plug off ac power.
2. Restart, change SATA Controller in BIOS to compatible, restart.
3. Check whether the SATA Controller is Compatible or AHCI. If Compatible, force shutdown laptop.
4. Put back HDD, boot with Windows 7 Recovery CD or Installation Disc.
5. Choose Autostartup Repair.
6. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296679-windows-7-stuck-bios-cannot-enter-bios-change-boot-media.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I had a strange set of circumstances today I was trying to update my memory from to g My system would not boot with the new memory and the bios gave beeps After removing the new memory the system would boot to XP but I had no video I powered down and powered back up I now had video but the system would hang In Safe Mode it would hang after the following entry system config system Note I never observed any windows error messages just the hang I used the Recovery Console from an XP CD and did a chkdsk r and chdsk f I also ran fixboot None of these solved the problem I then ran fixmbr Recovery Console displayed some kind of caution message that I had a quot invalid BIOS to after unable Setup BIOS running enter Hang, FIXMBR quot or something MBR and that it might prevent me from access partitions or something Well I ran fixmbr anyway since i was out if ideas Now when I try to boot it is freezing during the post process When I hit F to enter the BIOS setup BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR it says quot entering setup quot but it never does It seems to be hanging right after the drive detect process Note I have one standard IDE BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR drive copy and SATA drives Windows XP is installed on one of the SATA drives Any ideas Let me know if you need any more info

A:BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR

This sounds more like a BIOS = hardware issue. Since you have been inside the case it is possible something got nudged loose. Re-seat your memory and video card if it is an add-on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273065/bios-hang-unable-to-enter-bios-setup-after-running-fixmbr/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,
Im am putting together a machine for a friend to use whos machine died and cant afford a new rig right now. im putting together a 939 system for him from spare parts i have and would welcome any input on two motherboards im deciding between. one is a Asus A8N-LA, chipset GeForce 6150 LE
* Southbridge: nForce 430 (southbridge also called MCP51)
and the second is an Asus A8S-X-SE chipset 965-SL. I am wondering if one is superior, chipset,Bios,overclocking, reliability, northbridge etc. I know the A8N-LA has most bios features locked (HP saving me from myself) but if you have any experience with these, or an opinion I would love to here them.

Thanks

A:Asus Motherboard expert?

The A8S is an SiS chipset. SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems, incidentally) is absolute garbage. HP can't make an AMD based system worth the powder to blow it to hell. Every HP system built around AMD that I've ever seen or had the displeasure to work with is a dog.

However.. If you're forced to choose strictly between the two, the A8N is a better board. Personally I'd scrap both of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-expert.117986/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Guys I restored an image created with Macrium Reflect on my wife's computer Custom build with Asus P Z -V LX mother board and everything went fine until rebooting when i got to the quot Please press DEL BIOS access UEFI Cannot Bios, to settings or F2 DEL enter press Please or F to enter UEFI BIOS settings quot then everything stopped I have tried F DEL F F just about Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings all the F combinations and nothing works I have two SSD drives one with Win Pro and one with Win Pro not connected at the same time and neither of them will boot up I have tried changing the jumper pins from and to and for sec to clear the RTC Ram in CMOS then returned then to and and tried rebooting no change so i removed the battery and repeated the jumper pin swap then reinstalled the battery and still no change cannot get passed press DEL or F to access the BIOS settings I even downloaded the latest BIOS and updater as shown and put them on a USB flash drive together and tried the Macrium Rescue disk and still nothing happened and it will not open the BIOS maybe i got it all wrong I was hoping someone here might know how to put it right i am out of idea's and any help would be greatly appreciated System Specs Intel Core i K Ivy Bridge GHz MB Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX LGA ATX Motherboard Memory G Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings Skill GB Kit x GB DDR Ripjaws X C MHz Samsung Series GB quot mm SSD SATA x Win and Win Storage Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX quot TB MB RPM Graphics Card Leadtek Quadro MB DVI DP Optical Drive LG CH LS x Black SATA Blu-Ray Combo Drive Retail Pack Card Reader Shintaro in quot Sound Card Integrated Gigabyte GZ-X Black Mid Tower Case - Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings W PSU Power Supply XFX Core Edition Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OEM Bit Anti Virus Trend Micro Maximum Security Keyboard amp Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop Monitor Asus VE H quot Full HD WS MS LED Thanks Guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393901-cannot-access-bios-please-press-del-f2-enter-uefi-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am going to build a new computer and would like to put my mobo in the new case until i get my new hardware..Will it work? Also can i use any am3 cpu with the stock mobo that only draws 95w or less?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Transfer-Motherboard-EXPERT-NEEDED-I-GUESS/td-p/5771442
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello nbsp i have a really annoying problem Everytime i start my laptop it wont boot up The capslock button is blinking twice so i guess the bios is damaged nbsp First i checked if there is a update for my bios on you driver software download page but there isnt So afterward i tried bios enter Recovery, Bios cant menu to recover and reinstall my bios but i cant even enter the bios update menu In the bios recovery manual http support hp com us-en document c it says With the computer off press Bios Recovery, cant enter bios menu and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time Still pressing those keys press and hold down the Power button on the computer for to seconds and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound usually beeps But this isnt working It only blinks twice continiously but wont boot nbsp Can anyone help me I cant find further information regarding this issue nbsp I start to get really really annoyed by the problem because sometimes it takes up to - times to get the laptop running nbsp Best Regards nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-Recovery-cant-enter-bios-menu/td-p/5607764
Relevancy 52.46%

Need replacement motherboard for hp mini 110 1116NR (CNU94412vj). BIOS on current machine bricked!

A:need motherboard for hp mini 110-1115br enter

Hi If in case you are looking for the spare part number 579568-001  System board (motherboard). If you need any other help please let me know.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-motherboard-for-hp-mini-110-1115br-enter/td-p/5668563
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell M2N61-AX motherboard will not enter setup.
Every time I hit the F2 key to get into setup it says "entering Setup"
on the bottom of the screen but nothing happens. Any solutions to
this. I am wondering if I am using the proper type of memory
stick in the motherboard.

I removed & reinstall the battery hopping it would reset
the board but it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

A:Dell M2N61-AX motherboard will not enter setup

My guess is the mobo is faulty - I've encountered that problem once before on a Dell and sure enough it was the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-m2n61-ax-motherboard-will-not-enter-setup.1041770/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was given this unit and it had no sound ,in device manager went to sound and there was no sound device, loaded one into unit and still no sound. Also all of the place;s in the speaker and audio part are all grayed out. I have tryed a number of ways to enter the bios but no luck, the unit a hp s7320n slimline. Maybe someone can tell me of a way to get into the bios I'm at loss never run into this before . thanks splice

Relevancy 52.03%

I have tried many combos to try to get into my bios. I have a compaq and it says to press F10 to acess the setup , so i press it, but it just procceeds to the log in window. Sometimes I spam F10 and get something about intilizing, but then again it proceeds to the log in window. What am I doing wrong here, will someone please help! Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I need help.
i have Lenovoz570, core i3. It had installed windows 7 Home Premium AO OEM.
It has many problems. It was working nicely but

I installed windows 10 from cd and converted its hard drive into MBR to GPT
Bcoz of that its some hardware functions were not working.
So i came back to windows 7.

But i does not enter into bios and also does not boot from cd.

Anybody can help me.
Its urgent. Bcoz i have some projects stuck inside.

Thanks.

A:Can not enter into bios

REVERT it back to MBR.
There was no need to change it!!! if you were running the OS on the original drive
Try installing 7 again

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398928-can-not-enter-into-bios.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ive been gradually morphing the system in my sig for about a year and recently decided to tweak the oc up alittle more after getting a top notch heat sink.

1st boot after changing sink reported Windows file missing so just for the hell of it I entered BIOS and relaxed RAM settings on a hunch and it booted fine.

Everything runs fine, including a 6*C drop in load temps (thats another 6* of clocking then ;] )

EXCEPT: hitting del during startup no longer enters BIOS, it goes straight through to windows.

I have a USB keyboard which I suspect, however I was in the BIOS only 4 hours ago with this kb to change the RAM timings after the 1st unsuccessful boot.

All ive done since the refit is zipped a few big files to check load temps, surfed a bit and gamed for half an hour. At no point did temps rise above 45*C.

Odd...

A:can't enter BIOS?

Just clear the bios with the jumper, boot, make your changes. As far as getting into bios now, it may be that your board just has some quirks to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enter-bios.193814/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm at a complete loss here. Brand new T430. I changed the settings in BIOS to UEFI and installed Windows 7 x64 successfully. But I can no longer get into the BIOS. F1, F12, Enter nothing works.Please help!Thanks much!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Cannot get into BIOS using F1 or Enter

Hello,

Do you see the prompt during POST  "To interrupt normal start up, Press Enter"  ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Cannot-get-into-BIOS-using-F1-or-Enter/td-p/799001
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I need help.
i have Lenovoz570, core i3. It had installed windows 7 Home Premium AO OEM.
It has many problems. It was working nicely but

I installed windows 10 from cd and converted its hard drive into MBR to GPT
Bcoz of that its some hardware functions were not working.
So i came back to windows 7.

But i does not enter into bios and also does not boot from cd.

Anybody can help me.
Its urgent. Bcoz i have some projects stuck inside.

Thanks.

A:Can not enter into bios

REVERT it back to MBR.
There was no need to change it!!! if you were running the OS on the original drive
Try installing 7 again

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398928-can-not-enter-into-bios.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I can't enter my BIOS. Whenever i hit alt+F2, I'm asked to insert disk and press enter, I put in my dos boot disk, and hit enter. It takes me to a screen that says Source file not found! What happened to my bios??

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys i have a huge problem and have been on every other tech website praying for answer but none have came I have recently built a PC Cant BIOS!? enter with a friend and once we finished building it we plugged it in to the monitor pressed delete and everything worked fine at with his keyboard and monitor I brought it over to my house Cant enter BIOS!? and plugged it into my old HP w monitor and it take minutes after i turn on my computer to finally show on the monitor After that i try entering the BIOS with a Logitech mk wireless combo and its almost as if it not even plugged in i have tried everything from buying the brand new Logitech keyboard to plugging it into USB instead of The keyboard i tried before the Logitech one was a PS HP keyboard Its came to the point where i am almost giving up on the whole build Hope you guys could help My specs are MSI Geforce GTX AMD FX MSI GM-P Kingston GB of RAM TB Hitachi Hard Drive Rosewill FBM- case If i forgot anything just let me know thank you guys nbsp

A:Cant enter BIOS!?

Well it could be that you may need to use a PS2 keyboard to initially access the BIOS setup, then consult the mobo manual as to where to enable the USB functionality you may need, such as legacy. As far as accessing the BIOS with a wireless combo, that might not work at all depending on the type of USB receiving unit. That would explain why it takes so long for the video to fire up your monitor, the PC is probably looking for a keyboard and mouse and not finding them, eventually it gives up and completes the POST anyway. Just a theory.
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enter-bios.1152992/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I start my Cmptr .. F1 or Del option does not appear ( to enter Bios ) it go's straight to Windows..

Relevancy 52.03%

motherboard is ms7613 ver1.1, how can I enter bios to change boot up orders?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/how-to-enter-bios/td-p/5643221
Relevancy 52.03%

How do I enter BIOS on Veriton vx275?  I need to determine the BIOS version that exists.thanks 

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I have a custom pc, and I am trying to turn of the automatic fan control (so I can use speedfan to control the fan speeds). to do this, I need to enter the BIOS, but I cant.

when I boot, my pc tells me to press DEL to enter bios, and I do, and... nothing

cue 10 , minutes restarting and mashing the hell out of my keyboard. still nothing.

I dont have a fn key to press, its a standard keyboard, no special bios, just the standard asus bootscreen.

any help?!?

A:Can't enter BIOS

What kind of bios you have is it AMI BIOS, AWARD BIOS, PHOENIX BIOS ETC, try pressing f2 button..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-enter-bios.198648/
Relevancy 52.03%

I cannot enter my bios because i forgot the password which i placed on it. Please help me.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Cannot-enter-bios/td-p/463508
Relevancy 52.03%

How do I enter BIOS on Veriton vx275?  I need to determine the BIOS version that exists.thanks 

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello SF, me back again.

I have this problem for a while. The problem is next:

On my laptop, with Win7 Ultimate, I can't enter into BIOS. Simply, there is no Del - Bios text or anything like that... I don't know why is this happening. I can only use F8 to enter into Safe Mode.

Laptop model Asus K55VJ.

Thanks, StalkeR.

A:Cant enter into BIOS

Hey Boshko,

According to this manual,

Asus K55VJ | User's Manual for English Edition - Page 33

It's F2 to enter the BIOS,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300028-cant-enter-into-bios.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Long story short, i cant enter my pc's bios. I tried going to the advanced startup and UEIF is not available. And when I restart my pc it starts up so fast I cant even press the button (at least thats what I think)

Here are my pc specs: Amazon.com: CybertronPC 5150 Escape Gaming PC (Orange): Computers & Accessories

And even though the sepcs say it has windows 7 it shipped to me with windows 8

A:Can't Enter Bios

Can't you just hold a button designed to enter BIOS before you push the switch ? It's usually Del, Esc; F1 or F2 or...

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/125913-cant-enter-bios.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Can t get into bios puter will start up Hang at quot hit del Can't enter Bios to enter setup quot then I get short beeps pause and beep It show CMOS checksum error and CMOS Display error I then get Press F to enter set up Press F to continue have check AMI and it says it s a memory problem Have Can't enter Bios tried moving CMOS jumper Have tried removing CMSO battery overnight It comes up the same way Not sure what I m Can't enter Bios doing I don t know what the psu is no lable where it can be read Just put in an FIC SD mobo Have checked all cables and memory sticks Have tried with only HD and Video card keyboard isn t reconized When Can't enter Bios I try to tap del or F F nothing happens Lights on drives light up except small floppy Computer was working before changing mobo giddy Thank you for any help you can give or direct me in any direction nbsp

A:Can't enter Bios

Hi...
PSU stands for Power Supply Unit.

if AMI says its memory... go ahead and try anothe memory module (if you have one) to see if you still have the problem...

if you do... then it could be dead CMOS...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-enter-bios.41146/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Everyone nbsp My first post on these forums I am looking for help with a specific problem I have a Lenovo G - laptop which does not boot up the BIOS Pressing the BIOS button on the laptop and selecting the BIOS gives me a black screen with a still cursor in the top left hand corner The only part of the BIOS I am able to enter is the boot selection nbsp nbsp I have Windows running on the laptop but Can't G40-30 enter BIOS?! - I occassionally get a BSOD which is G40-30 - Can't enter BIOS?! why I have been wanting to enter the BIOS and format everything and get a fresh clean install nbsp nbsp My question is how can I reset the BIOS I am unable to reset the CMOS battery because it is soldered onto the motherboard unless taking it apart and re-soldering will reset it nbsp nbsp I am looking for any ideas solutions to my problem nbsp Many thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity Solved Go to Solution

A:G40-30 - Can't enter BIOS?!

Hi Akuto , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Depending on the model of your machine, initially best way to start is to perform power drain. 

Turn off the pc and remove the battery and unplug the ac adapter charger . 
Press down the power button down for 15 seconds.
If possible to remove the harddrive to prevent fast boot . 

Place back the battery and charger. 
Turn it back on using the Lenovo button and choose BIOS set up . 
F9 should load defaults and F10 to save and exit. 
Any BSOD  without the harddrive?

Turn it back off and place back the harddrive .
Start back with the same Novo button for the BIOS set up and check if the harddrive is detected  and restart . 

It would be helpful to have the model and machine number so that we can check further but you may also refer to the user guide and hardware manual downloadable from the support site. 
It would indicate the same process for a Factory reset  for your machine accessible thru the same Novo Button. 

System Recovery will delete everything on the PC and reimage it back the way it was from out of the box .
One Key Recovery from Inittial backup is the hidden factory partition on the same harddrive.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-30-Can-t-enter-BIOS/td-p/2273568
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, i have windows xp SP3 on a biostar M7ncd mobo. and I cannot enter bios. On startup i have tried pushing a ton of different keys and holding the delete button down....nothing works....any ideas? The computer is AMD athlon XP2400, dont know if that helps or not.

A:Cant Enter Bios?

When booting your PC before the Windows XP screen, there is text displaying boot menu and bios information/hotkeys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-enter-bios-517873.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am having a problem with my M6800.  Pressing F2 during boot will not get me into the BIOS, the computer just boots into Windows.  Pressing F12 does not get me into the boot menu.  It seems that the keys are being ignored during boot.  Any ideas?  I want to install Windows 10 in a new partition so I can boot to either Windows 7 or 10 for development purposes.  Thanks,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683015
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I am trying to enter the BIOS on a lenovo Y5070.I could do it a few days ago, but now the NOVO button doesn't do anything.I recently got the motherboard replaced and have the latest firmware installed on it. Any advice?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Help-Can-t-enter-BIOS/td-p/3370699
Relevancy 52.03%

I can't enter the BIOS of my computer in order to do a complete format of my computer. My computer would freeze sometimes on the starting screen when i have a disc inside. My computer doesn't detect my Discs nor the drive

A:Can't enter BIOS

Hellguard99 said:

I can't enter the BIOS of my computer in order to do a complete format of my computer. My computer would freeze sometimes on the starting screen when i have a disc inside. My computer doesn't detect my Discs nor the driveClick to expand...

Hi hellguard99
When your ASUS screen shows press Delete give it a couple of quick presses.
Regards.
Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enter-bios.527283/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi,

cant enter bios stuck on windows screen requesting that i press del. that doesn't work. wanteer to try and boot from xp disc but cant enter settings to boot from cd rom as i cant get off first screen .

help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enter-bios.421172/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there, i need to enter Bios setup but i'm unable to do it. I tried to press all the functions keys but there's nothing.Can someone help me please.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/how-to-enter-Bios-setup/td-p/5657760
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, I've changed my MOBO to Gigabyte.. for some reason, when i tried to enter into BIOS, it doesn't. I cud see "press DEL to enter setup" message... This screen is only up for two seconds before it flashes to the POST screen which then flashes into a screen that says "Loading Operating System". Then it loaded my OS.. Then i restarted my computer and tried to enter into BIOS again... This time I entered into BIOS.. Sometimes, it is not entering into BIOS (as I've pressed DEL so many times before the BIOS entry msg).. why it is happening sometimes ?? plz help...

A:Sometimes my Computer won't let me to enter into BIOS. Plz help.

I'm not sure. Could be a sticking key on your keyboard. Anyhow, when you hit the power button on your machine, repeatedly tap the Del key, and you should enter the BIOS. There is only a very small time window allowed for this, and it could be that you are leaving it too late.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211089-sometimes-my-computer-wont-let-me-enter-into-bios-plz-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have win7 premium home edition. I have added a second HDD Sata 1 TB. First time computer wouldn't boot. On restart it did boot, but windows explorer shows no second HDD?
Investigation says I probably have to enter BIOS to reconfigure somehow. However, I cannot get pc to let me enter bios.
I have a gigabyte card, and I think I have to press delete key, but continuously pressing key makes no difference. The pc still boots up as normal and still doesn't recognise new hdd.
Any help appreciated. Please be gentle, I'm an old codger.

A:Second HDD not recognised, can't enter BIOS

OK, so I have managed to get into BIOS and new HDD is there. So I exited and while it didn't show up in Windows Explorer, as I hoped, it did show that it was looking for drivers etc, then asked me to reboot. I did this but 2nd HD still doesn't show in windows explorer. Device settings does show that it exists though.

Any ideas....anyone?????

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363317-second-hdd-not-recognised-cant-enter-bios.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've also tried an external keyboard...nada.  What am I missing?

A:571, W8.1 won't enter BIOS on F2 press

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27103/~/accessing-the-uefi-(bios)-setup-on-a-window...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/571-W8-1-won-t-enter-BIOS-on-F2-press/td-p/427933/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I recently moved to an SSD, I installed Windows 7 and it runs fine but today I wanted to dual boot with Ubuntu, so I made a bootable USB and when I tried to access the boot order settings at startup so I could boot from the USB I cant enter it, I press f2 and nothing happens

A:Can't enter BIOS settings on new SSD

According to the Users Guide, F2 is the right key. I think you need to keep trying as you may be hitting it at the wrong time.

Manual says as soon as the Samsung logo appears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/341932-cant-enter-bios-settings-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 51.6%

the system is windows 7 ultimate 32bits.i have tried some control keys but all did not work.pls help.

A:cannot enter bios from my system

When you first turn on the machine-Press the Delete key until the BIOS appears.
Remember - changing BIOS settings can cause issues that may require a reset to the Default (opriginal) state of the machine.

Please provide us with the full spec's for your machine (motherboard, make and model of unit, etc.) This makes helping you so much easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241585-cannot-enter-bios-my-system.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It had a message that said hard drive failure imminent and should be replaced. I swapped it out with a old HD and am trying to install Windows 7 on it.
The problem is that I can't get to the bios. On start it says to press f10 to enter setup, but it doesn't do anything. When I disconnect the drive then it'll boot from CD if I press shift + f10 (still can't enter bios). And I just plug the HD back in. Now it's giving the following error when trying to install Windows:
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

A:Can't enter bios on HP P6000

You should not be hot plugging the HD, if you are. Plug it in before powering up.

Try resetting the CMOS using battery or jumper: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Change cables, ports, try another drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/316612-cant-enter-bios-hp-p6000.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I m new to the forums but am completely dumbfounded and could use some help I ll start at the beginning but this is probably going to be long My enter to trying when Freeze BIOS computer turned off on its own one day When I tried to restart it the fans all powered up for about - then it would shut back off I researched the problem and decided it was either the PSU or the motherboard Since I wanted to upgrade my board and proc anyway I went ahead and bought a new MB proc RAM and then the cheapest W Freeze when trying to enter BIOS PSU I could find just to test if mine was bad or not it wasn t I installed all of the new parts and got an error message saying that the cpu had been changed and I need to update bios which I knew was going to happen but it said that before I could even hit del to enter bios So I hit del and it says quot entering setup quot and it goes to black a screen like it is about to load then just sits there and doesn t do anything If I don t try and enter bios it will load all the way into XP and runs everything fine I even used the disc that came with the mobo and loaded all the mobo drivers I don t seem to be having any problems at all other than not being able to enter bios I m waiting on a copy of XP from my brother to arrive in the mail so I can format but I don t think that will solve the problem I am having now I have tried resetting cmos with the jumper on the board which didn t help anything Any comments suggestions or help Thanks mobo Asus M N Pro cpu AMD Athlon g X ram Kingston HyperX g psu Logisys w hd Western Digital g graphics MSI LE First four items are new nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

So, from factoy settinsg I could enter BIOS by first pressing power and the button with the lock symbol simultaneously, then I woudl get the "press enter to enter BIOS" promt upon startup. Now I selected optimize defaulst enabled and can no longer enter the BIS. I get a lenovo splash screen and am already bootd into Windows. How can I get back into BIOS, please?

A:Yoga 14, enter BIOS

It sounds like you might be running windows 10.  Easiest is to boot into windows 10 and then force a complete shutdown.  Hold the shift key while you are powering off.  You can get more time at startup to interrupt.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-14-enter-BIOS/td-p/3301123
Relevancy 51.6%

I don't know how to call this thing but as i read on the internet, it talks about the bios setup. I merged the 2 partitions of my acer travelmate 2410 then i restarted and it says "NTLDR missing". So I tried to enter the part where i can choose what to boot (F2) but it does not function. I press Esc and all i got is a window that checks my computer specs then it goes to the window that has the message "NTLDR is missing". I cannot enter my bios setup to change bootable drive.... can somebdy help me about this please...

A:Cannot Enter Bios Setup

Hit the power on button and immediately tap the F2 key.
Ntldr missing:http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-enter-bios-setup-214659.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I only need to know how to enter the BIOS on Qosmio E10!

Thanks in advance

globii

A:How to enter bios on Qosmio E10?

You can enter the BIOS with ESC.
Press ESC directly after power on the notebook.

Good luck!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?42122-How-to-enter-bios-on-Qosmio-E10
Relevancy 51.6%

the hard disk has failed.I need to change A new solid state drive bought. bios screen does not come.computer does not turn in any wayPlease help me.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Z580 can't enter bios

Hi Weem  , 

To answer your query , accessing the BIOS on this model :
Turn off the pc and use the Novo Button (item6 page 2) instead of the power button to turn it back on.
Novo Menu screen would offer BIOS set up.

To verify , when you said  "computer does not turn in any way " would there be any indicator LED turn ed on , any fan activity ? Was it just not showing anything onscreen  or  no indication of any power ? 
If so check on power checkout from the hardware manual for reference (page 21). 

Update us how things go. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z580-can-t-enter-bios/td-p/3308158
Relevancy 51.6%

Good Morning

I have a PC Qosmio G50-12Q - OS is Window Vista 32 bit

How I make to enter in the BIOS of the system ?

Which are the keys to press ?

Tank you

A:How to enter BIOS on Qosmio G50-12Q?

When you start notebook at the bottom left corner you can find info which button must be used to enter BIOS settings. I don?t have Qosmio G50 and cannot say for sure but try please ESC, F1 or F2.

One of them must work.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60196-How-to-enter-BIOS-on-Qosmio-G50-12Q
Relevancy 51.6%

Can someone tell me how to enter the BIOS  I need to add some ram to my graphics card but i cant access the BIOS menu to  update it.  It takes me to HP invent.  I can see the BIOS details but cant enter it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-to-Enter-System-BIOS/td-p/5756487
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an older HP Pavillion AV976AV desktop PC that when booting immediately enter the Windows startup. I've tried every key possible to enter the BIOS. Every once in a while I could see the splash screen that describes the setup key, but only for about one third of a second. I finally videoed it and was able to stop the action on that split second, and I see where F10 is supposed to enter the setup, but it doesn't. It simply goes into Windows almost instantly. Does anyone know how I can enter the BIOS setup on this machine?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-Enter-BIOS-at-All/td-p/5819420
Relevancy 51.6%

Help me, i'm italian and have a problem with my pc. Please helps meAs the title, I can not get into the UEFI bios, startup I press the "esc" button appears (http://support.hp.com/doc-images/579/c03384542.jpg) on the screen click UEFI setting but nothing happens, I also tried from here (http://support.hp.com/doc-images/709/c04281260.jpg) but don't appears UEFI settings. Helps me!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/can-t-enter-uefi-bios/td-p/5783237
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, my Thinkpad is a T520, running on OS Win10, BIOS is 8AET51WW (3.1) I can't enter BIOS setup of my lenovo t520. I tried pressing F1 with and without Fn, before and during pressing start button. It seems that F1 key doesn't work at all. I tested it while win 10 is running. Windows Help should start, but diddn't. All other F-keys are working. All Window- updates are up-to-date. According to Lenovo-Solution Center (3.3.003) all drivers are up-to-date. It is really annoying. My laptop starts automatically every morning at 4:30 and I would like to enter BIOS and change relevant settings. Any advise? Best,Gwin 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-t-enter-BIOS-setup-with-F1-key/td-p/3378912
Relevancy 51.6%

My the Unable to enter bios problem is not being able to enter the bios on a MSI K N G after rebuilding a spare pc with my old motherboard which was working OK prior to the rebuild the Unable to enter the bios only difference in the set up is that there is no floppy drive fitted just a hard drive CD and CDRW drives The screen shows Main Processor AMD XP Mem test K M Shared memory Dram Clock for DDR Primery Master C L oAVV -V A A Primary Slave None Secondary Master None Secondary Slave R RW x x V Floppy Disk Fail CMOS Checksum Error- Defaults loaded Press F To Continue Del to Enter Set Up Nvida-Nforce- A BM C- but neither work as the Unable to enter the bios keyboard does not seem to be working i e No response from any key no caps lock num lock lights showing Key board works fine on other PC Have removed the battery and cleared CMOS by altering the jumper setting but still back to square one Tested battery voltage is OK Hard drive OK have also tried a floppy Unable to enter the bios drive but still no joy with it fitted even tried with no drives connected but still get same result I have taken the MB out of the case in case something was grounded Still get the same results Hope some one can help as I don t know what to try next thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unable to enter the bios

Welcome to TSG....

For help entering BIOS:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-enter-the-bios.577736/
Relevancy 51.6%

How do I enter the BIOS after I manually start my computer? I tried pressing F1, F2 and F12 soon after my laptop boots up but that doesnt work. Instead it goes straight to the desktop. What should I do?

A:How Do I Enter the BIOS at Boot Up?

Different computers use different keys.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70797-how-do-i-enter-bios-boot-up.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've reset the CMOS settings of my computer (DELL 3100c) the problem now is I can't enter the bios with the USB keyboard. There are no PS/2 connections at all on the computer. When the computer starts up a screen comes on saying floppy diskette failure hit F1 or F2, but no keys work.

Does anyone know of a way I can enter the bios?

Any help would be greatly appereciated as I'm completely stuck!

A:Cant enter bios without PS/2 keyboard

Try another keyboard.

Remove the cmos battery for 15 minutes, reinsert it and try to enter the bios. http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3100C/en/SM_en/parts0.htm#wp1056769

If you still have the floppy error and can get into the bios, go to the "Drives" section and turn the floppy controller to OFF.

I suggest replacing the cmos battery with a new one while you are in there.

CR2032 is the battery type

All your documents for that Dimension 3100C

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3100C/en/index.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enter-bios-without-ps-2-keyboard.777912/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a PC from Medion the Microstar Recently purchased a SSD Hard Drive from Samsung SSD EVO GB On my PC there is a compartment already fitted out with the necessary SATA connections Installed the SSD and started my PC OS is Windows Home Cannot enter recognition SSD BIOS for Edition already installed by the manufacturer After startup OS reported that Cannot enter BIOS for SSD recognition the SSD was recognised Searched for this in Windows Explorer Computer but could not find the drive letter the only ones indicated were HARD DISK DRIVES Boot C and Recover D Devices with Removable Storage DVD RW Drive E Removable Disk F Removable Disk G Removable Disk H and Removable Disk I I then closed the PC and restarted going into BIOS with the F key There I was shown a blue screen menu with the options of selecting a BOOT drive Disk Among those shown were the SSD and a HDD the latter which I presumed is my Boot C drive No other options were indicated no Menu etc I tried many keys F through to F but all with the same result nada Exited the 'BIOS' and booted normally The non recognition of the SSD and the inability to enter further into the BIOS is puzzling to say the least As I do not have a great deal of knowledge concerning computers I would be most gratefull of any help in this direction

A:Cannot enter BIOS for SSD recognition

There is no reason to go into the Bios.

You have to format the ssd and give it a letter for it to show up. (Common knowledge)

If you go into disk management you will see it as unallocated.

Right click on it to format it as a primary partition.

Start Button>Right click computer>click manage>click disk management

maximize the window and you`ll see the ssd.

Example here but the bar across the top of it will be black

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388243-cannot-enter-bios-ssd-recognition.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an old MSI K crash, enter cannot Old PC BIOS N Delta motherboard with a Athlon CPU Recently the computer started acting flakey and it finally crashed and would not POST I suspected a bad PSU The following troubleshooting has been done replaced Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS PSU with a new working one PC posts passes memory test but does not proceed further cannot enter BIOS when holding DEL key disconnected hard drives jumpered CMOS battery PC Posts splash screen defaults cannot enter BIOS when holding DEL key removed CMOS battery PC Posts splash screen defaults cannot Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS enter BIOS when holding DEL key I don t know what else to do I am concerned the mobo might be fried I really don t want to throw a whole lot of money in this year old computer as it is so ancient The only thing left is to remove the wifi card and fax card update took out all extra cards also tested Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS ram cards one by one all still the same I even changed keyboards I think the mobo is toast but I do welcome suggestions nbsp

A:Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS

Maybe the RAM isn't really passing the test. If the BIOS is set for quick boot, doesn't it skip the memory test? If so, try using one RAM stick at a time as see if it changes anything. If you have access to any other compatible RAM to test with, that might help. I don't know if that would affect the inability to enter the BIOS but that's all I can think of to try at the moment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-pc-crash-cannot-enter-bios.162742/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I have a CM6730 Asus PC with a P8H61-M PRO/CM6630 motherboard.

I was having problems getting good Graphics performance and the topic of Integrated vs discrete GPU came up,
the options in the BIOS were set to use iGPU, since then I do not get the option on boot to
enter the BIOS.

I have tried ASUS but they want me to send the unit in for repair.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My rig has W8.1 fully updated.

Cheers

Daniel

A:Cannot enter BIOS Asus PC

I don't know if this also applies to your motherboard: How to Use USB BIOS Flashback - ASUS

If it doesn't apply there may still be a way to reflash the BIOS with the right key combo on start up but it sounds like your BIOS is glitched and may even be a chip problem. Might have to go back to them.

Also assume you've seen this, F12 is supposed to work: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_PRO/

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45981-cannot-enter-bios-asus-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Any help will be appreciated as i have totally messed up my BIOS to enter unable PC win xp home sp I intended to re install windows on my c drive as a fresh installation to format my hard drive I pressed the delete key and entered the BIOS to set it to boot from CD and tried to install windows It wouldn t boot from CD so i unable to enter BIOS stupidly went ahead and installed win xp home anyway It installed a a partition on my c drive still leaving the original files intact Now when i start my pc i get a choice of windows xp installations but the arrow keys on unable to enter BIOS the keyboard do not move seconds countdown and widows opens in the new partition pressing delete now does not work so i cannot get into the BIOS I would still like to format my pc i now have floppy disks to boot from floppy but i can t get into the the BIOS to set it to boot from floppy disk Help please nbsp

A:unable to enter BIOS

if you are able to boot from your floppy i would say get a MSDOS boot disk with that you chould be able to get to a command promt and use Fdisk to delete the partitions and remake one to use for new install, also note if you use fdisk to delete and remake partitions you need to do a format c: at the prompt so you can use the partition also the windows xp installer should have a format system with it if you can boot from that install cd you can delete the partitions from there as well when you choose what partition you want there should be an option to delete them as well.

i hope this information is helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-enter-bios.729490/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a Tecra S11 With windows 7 enterprise 32bit installed. I want to make a backup image and installl Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit. However I cant figure out how to enter the BIOS to change the DVD drive to first boot device.

After 1 sec. of a Toshiba logo I'm requested a user pasword, after this it directly boots in the currently installed Windows 7.
esc, del, f1, f2, f10, f11, f12, tried them all, but no BIOS menu to be found. What is the trick?

gr,

A:Tecra S11 - How to enter the BIOS?

Hi

According the user manual you have to press F2 key to enter the BIOS setup but you must press the key before Toshiba logo appears.
Does it work?

Alternative you can change the boot order using "Toshiba HWsetup" tool that is preinstalled on your notebook.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56902-Tecra-S11-How-to-enter-the-BIOS
Relevancy 51.6%

I ve recently upgrade my graphics card on my Compaq and I think my watt power supply may be struggling I haven t upgraded it yet and I was trying to refrain from doing that which is why I purchased the ATI hd gb Gddr It seems to be the best bang for your buck as far as cards that really don t need a upgraded power supply at least from what I ve been reading I was trying to adjust my power settings but I just can t seem to find the option to get into the bios F is for system restore F is boot menu and ESC is settings I went to ESC to check the settings but there isn t anywhere to adjust bios in there I tried all the other F keys with no luck I know I could probably go to a HP compaq support forum but I figured since I m up here a lot of HP/Compaq? BIOS how know a enter the to Anyone and there are a lot of PC gamers up here also I could ask I have upgraded the computer to the max RAM that it supports which is gb spd and it does have a AThlon dual core processor so while it isn t a monster gaming PC by no means I think it would be a decent mid-range one Any thoughts on how to adjust power settings in Anyone know how to enter the BIOS of a HP/Compaq? bios I have the Ati Catalyst Control Center but there isn t anything in there to adjust power settings or devert voltage for the card I tried MSI after burner but the voltage set up is locked I ve read that ATI cards lock their voltage settings is this true Thanks for any input I m usually a console gamer but I m trying to enter the PC gaming market Yeah I know I could buy a better PC it s just that I ve already had this one so I figured what the h ll nbsp

A:Anyone know how to enter the BIOS of a HP/Compaq?

I haven't looked up the power requirements for a 6670 but I think I can safely say you'll need a new power supply, preferably a reliable brand. If you still wanna get into the bios you could try the "delete" key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-how-to-enter-the-bios-of-a-hp-compaq.177320/
Relevancy 51.6%

Friends,

I just entered the CMOS and applied that option "Load highest performance". Saved it (F10) and entered Windows XP. Then I realized that I hadn't change the boot order (1st CD-ROM, 2nd IDE-0). So I rebooted it and tryed to enter the CMOS again... But I just couldn't.

PC now starts, the message "Hit DEL to run setup" appears, but I hit DEL and nothing happens (Windows XP starts).

I used to apply that "Load highest performance" setting before and this has never happened.

AMD Duron, 750 MHz, 128 Mb RAM, Bios AMI (07/12/01)

Does anybody know what happens and how can I fix it? I have to enter the CMOS. It's really hard to believe that I'll never be able to do it anymore, right? Hope you can help me.

Thanks for the attention, guys.

Hugs for all.

Bruno

A:Solved: Can't enter the BIOS. I hit DEL, but nothing happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-enter-the-bios-i-hit-del-but-nothing-happens.416969/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can not enter the bios setup any longer using the delete key, I have tried all combinations for phoenix which I found on many support guy threads but nothing helps. The only thing I can think of is a missing file but I am just guessing. Will it help if I reinstall win xp? Is there a registry fix utility that will do this? Thanks .

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All;
To get to the point - When I boot up if I hit DELETE to get into the BIOS or F8 to get into Safe Mode, XP just continues to boot into desktop .... I can get into Safe Mode via msconfig boot - but I was able to get into BIOS & Safe Mode about 3 weeks ago but not now the ?normal way? -
I did all kind of things within the last 3 weeks like install then uninstall iTunes - which I now cannot ?install? again which is yet another problem cause I cannot delete ? old apple support? garbage & other old apple files from my computer (the Apple stuff is secondary - BIOS & Safe are primary concerns at the moment, entering the F8 & Delete way) ...
Thanks Much for any aid.... John

A:Cannot enter BIOS or SafeMode XP Pro

Sounds like the machine is not recognizing the keyboard at all. Try different keyboard(s). Change from USB to PS/2, or vice versa.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-enter-bios-or-safemode-xp-pro-505684.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been trying to put XP onto a hard HDD At Can't Start-Up New Can't Enter & On Put XP BIOS drive that I previously only used as a second archive hard drive but when I take out the current main hard drive and set the slave to master then boot-up with my bootable XP CD it won t do anything and gives me an error First time it completely ignored the Can't Enter BIOS At Start-Up & Can't Put XP On New HDD bootable CD gave me a blank screen and stopped saying that the System hal dll file was missing After several more attempts I gave up and put the old main hard drive in set the one I was trying to put XP on back to slave then formatted the second hard drive from C I then took out the old main hard drive again set the second one Can't Enter BIOS At Start-Up & Can't Put XP On New HDD to slave and tried booting up again with my bootable XP CD This time it completely ignored everything gave me the black screen and this time a different error NTLDR is missing and told me to Cntrl Alt Del to restart I tried this a couple of times and just got the same thing So next thing I wanted to check was the BIOS to see if booting from CD was definitely enabled it always has been and I have used it before on this PC I pressed delete on start-up as I have always done to enter the BIOS and it WILL NOT enter the BIOS Tried again several times and it just won t do it Has anyone got any ideas why first of all my PC thinks there are Windows files missing when all it has is a blank formatted hard drive to deal with Also could anyone suggest why I can t get into BIOS Maybe these problems are related I have previously done exactly what I want to do now on this PC with no problems whatsoever My motherboard is an ASUS P P SE the processor is a Celeron GHz and I have GB of ram Many thanks in advance for any help or advice Mike nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all Got a bit of a problem bios will 400 XPS not enter setup with a dell xps The machine badly needs to be reloaded so i have need to enter the setup utility to configure the raid controller so that XP setup will detect the HDD The problem is that the computer refuses to enter the Setup Utililty I can select it from the boot menu or XPS 400 will not enter bios setup I can press f at the dell POST screen but in either case the computer will attempt to load BIOS setup then act as if nothing happened and start to load windows I have even tried removing all bootable media just in case and when the standard quot no system disk press F to retry or F to enter setup XPS 400 will not enter bios setup utility quot message appears i wil press F and the message will just repeat over and over I have tried reflashing the BIOS to version A and the problem still exists Without the ability to enter the BIOS setup utility and configure for windows setup the computer will eventually be useless HAS ANYONE ever experienced this before I can only think its a hardware problem but other than refusing to enter the BIOS utility it works fine windows only needs to be reinstalled because of the usual junk buildup but the pc is stable Any help is appreciated this is driving me nuts nbsp

A:XPS 400 will not enter bios setup

Try clearing the motherboard's CMOS by jumper or by removing the CMOS battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xps-400-will-not-enter-bios-setup.102743/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am building a new system srounf an Intel D955Xbk motherboard and Pentium D processor. I have 2 GB of RAM, an ATI x1900 video card and a Seagate 250 GB SATA hard drive.

For some reason, I cannot enter Setup by pressing F2 during startup. Pressing F2 has no effect. I need to change some settings, but am unable to. Is this a problem with the board?

Relevancy 51.6%

My computer had an error a while back to where it wouldn't boot up because something was wrong with one of the front usb ports. I took it in to a local computer shop and they fixed it. They installed 2 new ports and gave me an extender that you plug in and it gives me 4. The front 2 ports and the original back 2 ports won't work. Now here's where the problems joins in. When I re-start my computer, I can't enter the bios because my keyboard nor mouse will work until I can see my desktop background. Is there anyway I can fix this or any other way to reformat or enter my bios settings?

Relevancy 51.6%

How to enter bios setting it is showing something different like cmos set up, advanced set up etc, how to enter bios setting

A:how to enter bios setting

Usually when you boot up there will a message on the screen - text format - telling you what to press to enter setup or similar.Including the make and model of computer is always useful when posting a call for help...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/how-to-enter-bios-setting/203707.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I tried tapping F8 while booting and tried holding F8 down while booting and I can't bring up Safe Mode. This is a particular concern tonight because I read that inability to boot into Safe Mode is a symptom of Conflicker infection. However, I downloaded MS patch 958644 last October and I ran both MS OneCare scan and BDTools.net Conflicker scan and both are negative.

A:Solved: Can't enter Safe Mode with XP Professional and Abit motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-enter-safe-mode-with-xp-professional-and-abit-motherboard.814634/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I was upgrading a friend s Computer with a new CDRW Liteon and Meg SDRAM The Computer is an old Gateway Pentium Mhz I hooked everything up and then it started happening I started getting a weird error about quot WIndows is not in good configuration quot and so on I checked all the connections and everything is Unable Enter BIOS to Setup good I have the Hard drive Unable to Enter BIOS Setup on Primary Master CDRW on Secondary master and Unable to Enter BIOS Setup CD-ROM on Sec Slave I disconnected everything and tried to put it back the way it was but now I can t even access BIOS I keep hitting F and I see it blinking at the bottom quot Entering set up quot and then I get a long beep and then two short ones and a display on the screen quot B Error quot I know that F is for entering BIOS because I entered it prior to install to see what the configuration was I tried to boot with a start up disk and I get the same error quot B boot error hit F to resume quot If I do that then I am able to get to the set up screen but if I try to access C it tells me that quot This program has caused a device flow error please contact system vendor quot I tried to boot with just the floppy and hard drive with the same result OS Windows BIOS Chip Intel AMI Hard drive Quantum Fireball GB Onboard LAN Graphics and Sound Please help before I have to replace this computer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I am assembling enter Setup BIOS Can't Screens a new rig and can t enter the BIOS setup screen For initial testing I have assembled the following components on a piece of cardboard I have other HDDs and optical drives that I intend on installing later Asus P LD Deluxe motherboard Intel P MHZ cpu with heatsink and fan x MHz OCZ DDR MHz Gold Edition memory sticks WD KS GB SATA HDD MSI NX GTX PCI Express Video card Enermax Liberty W psu Monitor Keyboard First I turn on the monitor then the power I was able to connect the case power and speaker wires to the motherboard Can't enter BIOS Setup Screens This is what I hear see Single beep IT ATAPI BIOS V Copyright - ITE Inc All Rights Reserved Please wait for IDE scan IT ATAPI BIOS V Copyright - ITE Inc All Rights Reserved Drive Not Detected Drive Not Detected Drive Not Detected Drive Not Detected SiI SATALink BIOS Version Copyright - Silicon Image Inc Single beep Flashing cursor for about seconds Reboot and Can't enter BIOS Setup Screens Select proper Boot Can't enter BIOS Setup Screens Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press any key I can t go any further Also sometimes when I go through this process the first thing that appears on the monitor is an image that says Asus P LD Deluxe but it only lasts for maybe seconds And sometimes during the above display I see a brief message that says quot Keyboard not detected quot and something about Cheksum It goes by so quickly that I can t read all of it Anyways there it is Does anyone have any idea what is going on here and why I can t get into the BIOS nbsp

A:Can't enter BIOS Setup Screens

Have you tried to get into bios? Just checking, as you didn't mention anywhere above that you pressed the del key (it varies from bios to bios but I believe it is the del key for your motherboard).

Immediately after you hear the beep, tap your del key a few times and let us know how it goes.

You may want to clear your CMOS too, (read your manual on how to do this, but it involves moving the jumpers for a few seconds) as this may solve your checksum error.

Are the lights on your keyboard lighting up? Is it USB or PS/2? Try with PS/2 if you have it connected via USB (assuming USB isn't working).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-enter-bios-setup-screens.50278/
Relevancy 50.74%

After resolving an issue enter hangs setup - cannot Bios resulting from a printer installation I was able to get my computer back to a state of normalcy except that the CD drives were Bios hangs - cannot enter setup no longer found by the system This is a Win K and there is a DVD-ROM and a CD-RW So rather than do the smart thing and reinstall them via the OEM CDs I went into the Bios and tried to tell the Bios that they were the Secondary Master and Slave drives duh So now the system hangs telling me that the primary slave auto detect wasn t finding anything Even though I didn t address that when I screwed Bios hangs - cannot enter setup with it I cannot even enter the BIOS setup since the hangup occurs before the system even gets to that point If I can get back to BIOS setup I can at least reset to defaults then figure out how to do the right thing but for now I m STUCK It s an MSI KT Ultra Motherboard If more info is needed I can probably get it but wanted to keep the initial post short Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Bios hangs - cannot enter setup

I had read through similar posts here and was going to remove the battery from the motherboard for 20 mins or so to reset the BIOS.
So I powered up and the startup hung again, so I left it for a bit and when I came back, the Bios screen was up and ready for me to reset!

Apparently, if there is a period of inactivity, the BIOS will reset itself and continue into edit mode.

I appear to be back in business without issue and strangeley enough, the reason I got into this mess - CD-RW and DVD-ROM not showing up - has also been resolved - they were detected and mapped as normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-hangs-cannot-enter-setup.357183/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello friends,

i have Portege R700-1321 Laptop.
about 1 year a go i was update my BIOS version to 2.20 and after that i cant enter the BIOS!!!
try any way but noway :(

when press F2 after rebooting computer nothing append and reset again .
try to F10 ro change boot order but again just restarting :(
i need to change boot order to install new fresh OS and of course change my BIOS setting.

please help me.
if any body had a same problem or know way to fix it :(

A:Cannot enter BIOS on my Portege R700

Can you use F8 or F12 at start-up?
Is maybe ?fast boot? option enabled? Check it out please.
Open Toshiba assist > optimize > Toshiba HWSetup > Boot priority. There you should find option for boot speed. Be sure it is set to ?normal?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73918-Cannot-enter-BIOS-on-my-Portege-R700
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi People,
I have an Alienware M17-R1 laptop. I get the first screen with F10 Boot Options and F2 Enter Setup. Pressing the buttons many times at reboot but they never work. I then get the Startup bios, shows bios name...next screen is the option screen to run in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with networking.......selecting any option does not do anything, That screen will time out. The last screen has on it cannot find sfsync04.sys Error 0x0000428.
I cannot get into the bios. Tried all the function keys at startup that the manual suggested. I unplugged the cmos battery. No help. When I did receive this laptop the battery was unplugged but I do not think that would matter.
What would be wrong if I cannot get into the bios setup. BTW: I cannot boot from CD either.
Peace,
kozman

A:Alienware laptop - Cannot enter bios

Hello Friends,
Well I figured out the laptop keyboard is bad. Many keys do not work. The ones to enter the bios, the "enter" key.... I found out by pressing the keypad "enter" key which worked when selecting items from the safe mode menu. KISS when starting to trouble shoot. :;O)
Now I just have to find out why it won't boot into windows.
Peace,
kozman

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-laptop-cannot-enter-bios.142592/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have just purchased and installed a new intel d845wn mobo with a 1.7ghz P4, it all works fine but i cannot get into the BIOS.
The manual says hit F2 but that dosent seem to work.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Dan.

Relevancy 50.74%

I press the power button to turn on then I repeatedly press Fn and F2 but I can't get into BIOS mode? How do I enter BIOS mode?Model number: ideapad 700-15ISK

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/How-to-enter-BIOS-mode-on-ideapad-700/td-p/3363083
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone so since i built this computer i have had a problem where unless i enter the BIOS on bootup my computer will not recognize the hard drive if i do not enter BIOS first it says No boot device is selected i have tried updating the hard drive drivers but no luck and played around with a few settings in the bios but again no luck Has this happened to any of you i have looked around but cant seem to find anyone with the same problem on windows and the ones i found even on other operating systems have no answer if you need anything please let me know and i will be happy to supply you with the information im just about to change my profile but just so you know i exit boot unless i No then BIOS enter am now using an i instead of i Please try to be simple with me im still not amazing at computers yet but im trying and thats what counts Thank you in advance No boot unless i enter BIOS then exit and even if i cant find a solution thank you for taking the time to read this

A:No boot unless i enter BIOS then exit

After you selected the boot device settings, did you save them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234645-no-boot-unless-i-enter-bios-then-exit.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Which Function key or combination of keys would I need to press when I power it on to enter the BIOS / Startup menu?

A:Anyone know how to enter the BIOS / Startup menu?

IF you searched it ...
You'd know that each manufacturer has a different key to access the BIOS.
So, it would depend on your PC / laptop for starters.
Search for that key by model #, manufacturer, etc. - you may find your answer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445394-anyone-know-how-enter-bios-startup-menu.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi,
i guess this is not exactly a pure win7 question, since the problem occurs before even booting up.... ; ) i hope someone can help anyway.

i have a logitech MK320 wireless combo and the receiver is attached to one of mobos usb ports

during startup i want to press F12 to get into the boot options... but it works only if i use an old ps2 keyboards.

it's a new gigabyte h67ma-ud2hbe mobo with the newest bios.

could anyone please point me in the right direction how to get this to work?

thanks

A:cant enter bios with wireless usb keyboard

you sometimes have to turn on usb keyboard support in your bios.

your bios is probably different, but you'll most likely have a similar sort of setting:

sorry for the poor photo - but my camera's been drinking

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/160753-cant-enter-bios-wireless-usb-keyboard.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys nbsp I have a Lenovo ThinkPad e DA series laptop nbsp I know my supervisor password nbsp The issue is that I can't make any changes in my BIOS nbsp It ALLLL started when I updated my BIOS with the latest version nbsp I selected my laptop and model of Can't Supervisor Mode Into Enter BIOS and version from the Lenovo website selected windows and BIOS and downloaded the update utility nbsp It did its thing nbsp And now I cant make any changes in the BIOS NOTHING nbsp And my laptop doesn't prompt me for a supervisor password nbsp I know to press F when the logo comes on and that it'll take me to BIOS or that it's suppose to prompt me for the password however it just simply doesnt do it nbsp What do I do I'm unable to make any changes in my BIOS Is there a way to flash the BIOS and revert back to an older version or something nbsp I used to be able to make changes in my Can't Enter Into Supervisor Mode of BIOS BIOS nbsp What should can I do

A:Can't Enter Into Supervisor Mode of BIOS

You may need to contact Lenovo Support directly if it is not prompting for a password, and yet also not letting you into the BIOS as the result of one of their BIOS updates.   They may take care of it for you, but unfortunatelly just removing the CMOS battery will not help. From page 34 of the hardware maintenance manual linked below: Supervisor passwordA supervisor password protects the system information stored in the ThinkPad Setup. The user must enter the supervisor password in order to get access to the ThinkPad Setup and change the system configuration.  Attention: If the supervisor password has been forgotten and cannot be made available to the service technician, there is no service procedure to reset the password. The system board must be replaced for a scheduled fee. ThinkPad 11e 20DAhttps://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tp_11e_yoga11e_hmm_en_sp40f29949_02.pdf Good Luck  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Can-t-Enter-Into-Supervisor-Mode-of-BIOS/td-p/3284719
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Everyone nbsp I am looking for help with a specific problem I have a Lenovo G - Model Name FY laptop which does not boot up the BIOS Here has only one Power Button When I Pressing the fn f button on the laptop for BIOS BIOS gives me a black screen with a still cursor in the top left hand corner nbsp When I buy Laptop there has Operating system windows Then problems, up - Se... G40-30 the enter Boot BIOS can't I remove HDD and insert another pc then install windows on this HDD Now I try change to Windows When I boot from DVD USB boot is starting then come windows logo then Keyboard and mouse not working nbsp I have Windows running on the laptop but USB LAN WIFI Not working nbsp why I have been wanting to enter the BIOS and format everything and get a fresh clean G40-30 - Boot up problems, can't enter the BIOS Se... install nbsp nbsp nbsp My question is how can I reset the BIOS I am unable to reset the CMOS battery because it is soldered onto the motherboard unless taking it apart and re-soldering will reset it nbsp nbsp I am looking for any ideas solutions to my problem nbsp Many thanks nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-30-Boot-up-problems-can-t-enter-the-BIOS-Setup/td-p/3328611
Relevancy 50.74%

If I boot the computer without touching anything, it scans the four IDE slots (Primary Master, Primary Slave, Secondary Master, Secondary Slave) and says "none found" to all of them. Then it continues to try to load windows but can't, asking for normal/safe mode/etc. Whatever I select, it restarts and the same thing happens.

If I press tab to go to the user menu, I can't do anything but exit. All the options are greyed out.

If I hold "Delete" to go to the bios, it lists my hard drive in Primary Master and my DVD burner in Secondary Master (different cables on mobo). I did not install a floppy, so I disabled that in the bios which made no difference, nor does booting with the XP CD.

All these parts are new and running for the first time. What should I do?

Relevancy 50.74%

Dear Friends,
i bought Inspiron 14 7447 last year, here's the spec:
i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz8 GB RAMWindows 8.1 SL
i'm not sure if it's after the OS upgrade (from Win 8.1 to Win 10)-or- after the BIOS upgrade (from A00 to the latest A07)
When i press F2 button to enter BIOS, there's a blue colored progress bar, very slow, and after finished, it stuck with blank screen.
it's been a while since the last time i entered the BIOS, so i don't know which one is the cause, OS upgrade or BIOS update.
Please help me. Thank you very much.

Bumping Topic..

A:Can't enter BIOS (Inspiron 14 7447 / Win 10)

Bumping Topic :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980969
Relevancy 50.74%

Dear Someotherguy or any expert who may help me,When I powered up my X230, I pressed 'enter" to get access to the startup interrrupt menu, unfortunately I am unable to choose my options listed in the interrupt menu, no matter I pressed F1 for bios set up or F12 for boot options, it led to a black page shown initializing boot agent with version shown with a cursor blinking, and I was stucked there, I need to power off my laptop and restart, there is no problem of entering the OS but I have no access to bios setting and I can not reinstall my OS with USB boot. I am grateful to anyone who may help me of aforementioned.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:X230 unable to enter bios set up, need help PLEASE

This issue should be fixed with version 2.x of BIOS for T430/T530/W530/X230/X1C

For X230 there is BIOS 2.02 that solves this issue.

ISO:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS029188
Windows:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029187

If you go with the ISO version, it may be necessary to physically remove the HDD to get the system to boot to the CD.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X230-unable-to-enter-bios-set-up-need-help-PLEASE/td-p/891263
Relevancy 50.74%

yr old HP DV - NR nbsp System Core i Quad GB RAM - All hardware stock nbsp Software Windows x Professional Ubuntu Grub in MBR with primary partitions Wndows Linux swap nbsp and a nbsp extended partition No Recovery parition present now or UEFI Diagnostics nbsp Current Symptoms Wont go to BIOS wont boot to Won't Dv6-7014NR boot Can't HP enter BIOS, any OS HP Dv6-7014NR Can't enter BIOS, Won't boot or show HP Dv6-7014NR Can't enter BIOS, Won't boot GRUB menu Shows Press Escape for Startup Menu at startup - Fan spins with solid white charge light No Sounds or other error codes If I leave it at this screen for about a min the screen gets scrambled with horizontal white and colored lines - Esc doesn't work at that point I you rpess Escape within st few nbsp secs of startup it shows a Startup Menu withF System Information - Shows correctlyF System Diagnostics - Shows Memory Check and Hard Drive Check - both pass with no problemsF Boot Device Options - Shows HD but doesn't boot to itF BIOS Setup - Gets stuck at black screen with white blinking cursor at top left F System Recovery - Gets stuck at Blank screen History Stopped HP Dv6-7014NR Can't enter BIOS, Won't boot charging battery weeks after warranty expired Laptop worked on battery and AC separately although battery ran out in just min instead of the normal hrs when just on battery Noticed wont go nbsp to BIOS month back but still booted to Windows and Linux via GRUBI tried a nbsp CMOS reset nbsp via nbsp this guide but after that it stopped showing GRUB and booting as well current state

A:HP Dv6-7014NR Can't enter BIOS, Won't boot

Hello sc10n1c.It appears that when trying to boot the notebook now you're unable to get into the BIOS or OS. That you're encounter black screens or other screen issues. I will try to help you with this. You could try the steps in this document: Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.Other wise I would recommend contacting support for further assistance.HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Dv6-7014NR-Can-t-enter-BIOS-Won-t-boot/td-p/4006160
Relevancy 50.74%

My PC will not boot nor will it access bios settings PC cannot BIOS boot not will enter settings and by pressing F during boot process About weeks ago after an automatic Windows update my desktop PC became afflicted with the Critical Error Start menu and Cortana aren t working etc I resolved the matter by restoring my PC back to a state it was in few days earlier Yesterday the Critical Error start PC will not boot and cannot enter BIOS settings menu problem came back When I tried the restore back to an earlier state the restore didn t work and the PC just hung Now I cannot boot or access the bios settings I tried booting directly from a Windows Disc but that will not work either It will not boot in safe mode either Whereas I can understand that the unsuccessful restore may have corrupted the operating system I cannot understand how the BIOS will not work and why I cannot get into BIOS settings I have tried booting from a Windows disc but it will not do so - seems to me that the BIOS is bad I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a few pointers on what to try out Many thanks ------------------ My PC is a Dell XPS running Windows fully updated and has an mSATA SSD and two hard drives nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey, I have a new laptop - Toshiba Satellite S50-B-12Z.
I want to knpw how to enter to the BIOS?
I have win 8.1

Ty

A:Toshiba Satellite S50-B-12Z - How do I enter to the BIOS?

Press and hold (or tap) the F2 key when powering the machine on.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83957-Toshiba-Satellite-S50-B-12Z-How-do-I-enter-to-the-BIOS
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. The Hp envy 20 Touch smart Aio Pc, model 20-d001la, does not enter the bios and stays on the screen hp after show black screen with this: processor Type: intel pentium cpu g645 2.90ghzprocessor speed: 2900Mhzl1/l2/l3 cache size 64kbx2/256kbx2/3072kbmemory size 4096 mb ddr3/133mhz/dual channelchanel 1 A: xmm1 2048 mbchanel 2 b: xmm2 2048 mbBIOS Revision/date: v8.15 06/12/2014 and I coulnt do nothing. I try everything that I found on Hp forums, nothing working, please help, I have this problem 1 months agoI am trying to call hp but I cuoldnt have any helpThanks for helping 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/does-not-enter-the-bios-and-stays-on-the-screen-hp/td-p/5591323
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, how can I enter the bios in a recently purchased Edge e530 ??Thanks a lot

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:How to enter BIOS edge e530

As soon as the Lenovo logo appears press F1 a few times and it should access the bios. Regards James

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/How-to-enter-BIOS-edge-e530/td-p/1194443
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an IBM thinkpad 600 laptop, It posts an error code 161 and 162. I hols pressing f1 key and power on but it does not enter the BIOS setup. Also I mesured the Battery voltage but it has the correct voltage level, 3V. any one can help me solving this problem. or at less tell me how to access this BIOS.

thanks,
Maher