Windows Support Forum

Local area connection 2 unplugged

Q: Local area connection 2 unplugged

I have Vodafone Prepay Broadband so I do not have to plug in any cables. However, recently my internet will not connect properly. The Vodem connects properly but I do not get fully connected as the two pcs with a globe do not appear on my toolbar and no pages will load. When I "Diagnose and Repair" is when I get the message telling me that Local Area Connection 2 is unplugged. I do not understand this as I should not have to plug in anything but the Vodem.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Local area connection 2 unplugged

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Local area connection 2 unplugged

is it the vodem stick that plugs into the usb port? and please mention your operating system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-2-unplugged.147533/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hello everyone, I hope this is where i am supposed to post this...

I work from home on a computer that is directly connected to our satelite internet and from that point there is a D-Link wbr 2310 wireless router connected to my computer in order for us to run our second computer in the other room.
I most often will get a bubble that comes up on my computer that states "local area connection unplugged". This happens when the other computer is on OR off. Could this be caused from the wireless router? When i am working i also use a VOIP program that i log into. This does not happen every time but on some days it will happen 2-3 times. The disconnection is not for very long but it will kick me out of my VOIP program and make me reconnect.

Can someone please help with this??

A:Local area connection unplugged

Is it possible to run a day without the router....just for process of elimination? I'm not familiar with satellite myself, so I probably won't be a lot of help, but eliminating things one at a time is usually a help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-unplugged.87977/
Relevancy 107.93%

(Sorry, not sure if this was the right spot to post this, but...)
I recently received a new modem today from an RCN guy, and its been working great. However, every so often, a bubble would pop up saying my local area connection is unplugged for about a split second. Any ideas on how to stop this?

A:Local Area Connection Unplugged

Is it a modem or a router?

Either way, it could be an issue with the device itself (a firmware update may fix that), the cable (try another cable), your network card being bad (try another one), or some software issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-unplugged.77114/
Relevancy 107.93%

I have not posted before, so I hope I am doing it correctly. My computer has a bubble that keeps appearing Local area connection unplugged. I am online and have checked all connections and everything seems fine. I use Internet Explorer with Optonline ethernet. Any suggestions.

A:Local area connection unplugged

Hi Stacey and welcome to the TS Forum, yes your post is ok and in the right place..

The message you are getting is caused by windows saying that an active network connection has no cable plugged into it.

The cause may be because you have more than 1 ethernet connection such as a wired Ethernet socket, a Wireless ethernet connection, and lastly a USB ethernet connection.

You dont say which you are using at present, but if you click

START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL >NETWORK CONNECTIONS.

You will see a list of available network connections, one will show "network cable unplugged, or there may be more than one, again dependant on what the system has.

On the one showing cable unplugged, right click it and choose "Disable", this will tell the OS to stop looking at it.

WARNING......

This message can also appear if the active internet connection has a faulty cable or the input socket is faulty, disabling the interface may cause you to lose internet connection if this happens you need to check the cable that plugs into the socket for loose wires and replace if needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-unplugged.66748/
Relevancy 107.93%

Everytime I'm on my laptop, every 5 minutes it has to say a network cable is unplugged which causes my wireless connection to go off as well as my internet.
I don't why i can't just go on the internet just using wireless without the damn local area connection.
Any suggestions which help a lot. Thanks!

A:Keep getting local area connection unplugged

Closing thread to duplicate here: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/911290-need-assistance-connectiong-internet-through.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-local-area-connection-unplugged.911422/
Relevancy 106.64%

I am using a cable modem, but my system tray shows the icon for:

Local Area Connection
A network cable is unplugged.

What can I do to eliminate this pesky warning symbol?

Thanks,

A:Local Area Connection - cable unplugged

Are you actually making a connection? I'm guessing you're using a USB cable instead of the network cable to your NIC card.
Anyway, to stop the systray showing the icon, Right Click on My Network Places and choose properties, right click on the broken connection and choose properties again, then make sure that the checkbox next to "notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" is unchecked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-cable-unplugged.281641/
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi guys

I have had this problem for about One year now where my Local Area Connection disconnects randomly and i receive a little pop up saying "Local Area Connection Unplugged". The dissconection only lasts one or two second then my internet is back and also it only happens once or twice every hour or sometimes does not happen for 5 hours or even a whole day. My router is D-link. Do you guys think that this problem has something to do with the router or could it be my computer or both?

A:Local Area Connection Unplugged Blinking.

It could be bad network cable, bad network interface or just your ethernet chip and the router's ethernet chip not liking each other.

First, try setting the link speed and duplex manually to 100Mbit full duplex in your network card properties. Ethernet speed autonegotiation is not perfect and often breaks. If that doesn't help, replace your network cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-unplugged-blinking.73163/
Relevancy 106.64%

OMG, please help.I would ask my brother who always fixes things but he isn't here.
I love to go on this one game that is very small and doesn't need much to run.It is called Furcadia..
Everytime I open it, this appears in a bubble on the bottem right.
I can't get it to stop and it disconnects..It does this occasionaly but tonight it was constant and it wont stop.
The internet wouldn't connect or anything for awhile and now it works and I need help on what to do to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-4-a-cable-is-unplugged.73489/
Relevancy 106.64%

I did everything... updated things... cleaned out files... cleaned out cookies... did virus scans which all came back with no threats... still getting that pop-up for local area connection unplugged... made sure all cables were in tight... what can I do to stop this from booting me out every time it pops up? I have WinXP SP2

Relevancy 106.64%

Hello, I have WinXP SP2, this problem has been ongoing for a week now... I keep getting a pop-up in the icon tray stating that a Local Area Connection is Unplugged, after that pops up... I get booted out of anything I am in. I have tried almost everything I know to solve this problem to no avail. I have recently installed a webcam... this started happening afte r I installed it but I was told that the webcam shouldnt be the problem. Please Help Me! No wait... please help me help my computer! LOL

Relevancy 106.64%

Hi this will be my first post on the TS forums and I m sure it won t be my last Today I present to you a recurring problem regarding my connectivity or lack thereof Before I begin to explain my situation I will tell you the detail that I have found in each case This problem seems to occur every single time there is a sudden power outage even when there is power again it fails to function properly The problem that I have is somewhat stated in the thread topic however I will explain it again anyways When I turn on my computer after an outage everything loads properly as it should however the LAN display says quot Local Area Connection Cable is Unplugged quot Now after trial and error I have come to the conclusion it is NOT the ethernet cable but it must be a problem within the computer itself I know it is not a problem with the ethernet cable router or DSL box because I have plugged it into a laptop and it works fine I checked all the connectivity from the computer and it physically says that the cable is connected the LED s light up in the back I wouldn t be bothered if it was an incorrect diagnosis that allowed me to still use internet but not only is it incorrect but it discontinues my internet use Unplugged is isn't) it Connection (when Cable Local Area I have left it Local Area Connection Cable is Unplugged (when it isn't) alone in the past and it somehow comes back online but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me solve this problem or protect against future problems I have tried the following remedies -replacing the ethernet cable -uninstalling the intel ethernet card then reinstalling it -unchecked the quot allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot option in the NIC props -Changed the Linkspeed and Duplex speed I have tried full full half half and autodetect -tried system restore to an earlier time -unplugging everything waiting a while then rebooting all of it I have not tried - restoring the computer to quot Fail-Safe quot option - reformatting computer btw I have windows XP SP installed nbsp

A:Local Area Connection Cable is Unplugged (when it isn't)

driver

have you tryed updating the driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-cable-is-unplugged-when-it-isnt.46642/
Relevancy 105.78%

I know there are many threads about this issue. There have been no answers that have been helpful.

OS: Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on Laptop and PC (custom build).
Router: ASUS RT-N56U
Switch: D Link DES 1008e
Network Adapter PC: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter Laptop: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

When either is plugged directly into the router, no ethernet cable is detected. If you run either the PC or laptop through the switch first, it works just fine.

I have uninstalled and re-installed network drivers, I've unistalled and deleted the adapters and software and started from scratch. I've checked all of the setting 3 times over. I just can't seem to figure it out.

Am I missing something very simple here?

A:Local Area Connection Network Cable Unplugged

When you plug directly into the router, did you then power cycle the router and computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249796-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi guys, i have recently received a message telling me that a network cable is unplugged. Usually i have this problem with local area connection 2, but it always resolves itself while this one does not. I have tried unplugging my dlink and plugging it back in. please give me any suggestions! Sorry if this sounds dumb to you, much appreciated!

A:Local Area Connection [A network cable is unplugged]

Are using a laptop or desktop, if your on a laptop will say that because your not plugged in the LAN on your laptop which you do not need if it is wireless, but if it is your desktop and you are connect to your router it could be that the NIC card is at fault go into device manager to see if there is any problems with NIC card.

1.Also check your network cables make sure they are in secure.

2. Make sure your network adapter is up to date and working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.159744/
Relevancy 105.78%

greetings from South Africa,
I am very new to forums and do not know the correct protocol.
So be gentle with me?
I have a KM4AM Motherboard and the drivers etc.
I bought and installed two LG super multi DVD drives.
When connecting it up I noticed that there was a cable connected to the old secondart CD dive and appeared to go to the motherboard??
I do not know if I unplugged it - however I get the title of my thread when I boot up.
It says 'new found hardware' - Parrallel device'

Any suggestions please

A:Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged

The "Parallel" device is the port driver for your LG DVD drives. You have 2 parallel ports on the motherboard. The blue port is for IDE hard drives. The white port is for your IDE (parallel) DVD drives. How are you connecting to the Internet? The "Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged" message indicates that there is no network cable connected to the motherboards network port. Your Cable or DSL modem attaches to this port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.134325/
Relevancy 105.78%

I have an issue with a Dell Dimension 8300 system. It has an Intel pro 100/ve network adapter.

This week i lost connection to the internet, either from the DSL modem or the router. Connections work fine on a Sony and IBM systems.

I can ping the router or the modem when connected, and I can get into their config windows, but no internet.

A strange thing, is that when i unplug the network cable from the PC, the Local Area connection keeps connected (as if the cable was still plugged). Now when I reboot the PC with the LAN cable unplugged, the Local Area Connection icon shows the message of "acquiring network address" and then ends up with "limited connectivity"... but there is no cable plugged.

I look all over the web for a solution or similar issue, i tried resetting all possible parameters.

Can someone help?
thanks,

Relevancy 105.78%

So for the past few days my internet has be extremely laggy, and when checking my internet connections this comes up:
http://forums.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=234456&stc=1&d=1408546672

I have no idea what to do concidering how I have my own wireless connection that seems to be working fine:
http://forums.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=234457&stc=1&d=1408546686

When I try an diagnose the problem, every time this comes up:
http://forums.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=234458&stc=1&d=1408546697

I have no idea what to do and I can't find anything to help me with this problem, does anyone know what to do? Should I get a new ethernet cable or is this something that can be fixed on my laptop? Incase it helps I use a TOSHIBA Windows 7 laptop

Relevancy 105.78%

Well, the problem is that I am using a laptop that uses a wireless connection to connect to the internet. It was working fine, but one day it stopped working.

The main difference I noticed was that when I look at the network connections, the wireless part is working, for it describes as having an excellent connection. However, the local area connection says there is a network cable unplugged. I do not use a wired connection though.

I have tried many steps such as a simple restart, re-installing the wireless adapter, and trying to reset the ip address since I noticed that it was 169.254.XXXX.

However, every time I tried to reset the ip address, I run into the problem that it cannot do so because a network cable is unplugged.

Thanks for any help given.

A:Local area connection, Network cable unplugged

A system which has a wired connection which is not being used (but has drivers installed) might reflect the network cable unplugged message.

The simplest solution for any device which is not being used and which is onboard...is to enter the BIOS/Setup and disable the device.

Louis

I don't do wireless...but the 169.254.XXXX normally indicates a networking setup that has gone awry. DHCP is supposed to provide an IP similar to 192.168.0.001 where it employed.

I suggest setting up the wireless connection anew.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366460/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged/
Relevancy 105.78%

OK. Here is my problem. I had a power surge which killed my windows XP install, so based on advice received here, I was able to re-install XP and was good to go for a week or so. Suddenly, I keep getting messages which read LOCAL ARE CONNECTION 3- A NETWORK CABLE IS UPLUGGED. There is a red x which appears and I am unable to connect to the internet. I contacted VERIZON FIOS and they walked me through a series of steps, but it doesnt work.
I changed the cable and I ran a new cable directly to the tower, and bypassed the router.
What do I need to do> Any suggestions>? I have a 3Com Gigabit LOM (3c940) whatever that is and I dont know how to maintain NETWORK CONNECTIONS.

So, I used to be kicked off the net, and now I cant even get ON the net....

ANY TIPS????

Thank You
Ron DeRenzo

Relevancy 105.78%

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me I connect by an ethernet cord to the internet through a port in my wall run through my apartment complex I ve had absolutely no problems until just last night no. CONNECTION UNPLUGGED.... CABLE not. LOCAL Solved: - AREA its I now cannot connect through the internet using my ethernet cord or any other ethernet cord in my apartment or any other port in my home My roommates have NO problems connecting to the internet however On Solved: LOCAL AREA CONNECTION - CABLE UNPLUGGED.... no. its not. the bottom right corner of my computer screen this message keeps coming up and down Local Area Connection A network cable is unplugged NO ITS NOT I m plugged in I have never had this problem before Why is it not connecting to the internet What do I have to do Ive uninstalled the Local Area Connection and its reinstalled a few times now I just dont understand and I have no idea what to do and I am getting REALLY REALLY frustrated Please help me through this Its very important that I get this fixed I have a DELL LATITUDE E nbsp

A:Solved: LOCAL AREA CONNECTION - CABLE UNPLUGGED.... no. its not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-cable-unplugged-no-its-not.991259/
Relevancy 105.78%

Trying to connect Lenovo 3000 G430 4152 Laptop using windows 7 32 bit to a wireless network

Wifi lists the available wireless networks but fails to connect. However, this laptop gets connected to
Internet through dongle. And another laptop gets connected to this home wireless setup with no hazzles.

Coming to this problematic lenovo laptop: there was no problem connecting this laptop through wireless a few days back but today it is giving this trouble - Network connections tags Local Area Connection as "Network Cable Unplugged"

I've downloaded drivers from Lenovo website, but no result.

Attached screenshots.

Thanks for your help!

Hi...I did try solutions provided here in this forum but the issue remains...

I made changes to speed option of LAN adapter to 100 full duplex and Awol too 100Mbps

Any other working solution might help...

I want this laptop to use wireless network

appreciate your help buddies...thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303437-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi, im new to this website because recently my laptop has been totally reinstalled and I cannot seem to connect to the internet. Im not exactly sure what info I need posted so please respond to tell me . When I go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections it shows only one connection which is my Local Area Connection which right below it state Network Cable Unplugged. I am currently using an older laptop.
Local Area Connection Properties:
Connect Using: JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Computer Information:
Windows Edition:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
System:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.86 GB Usable)
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System

A:Local Area Connection (Network Cable Unplugged)

How did you have the laptop re-installed - using a recovery CD or other CD

sounds like you need all the drivers - probably starting with the chipset

whats the make and exact model of the laptop - should be able to get the drivers from the manufacturers website

can we see a device manager screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
​For Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm
​Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a X​
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
​For windows Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/
​For Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.1114000/
Relevancy 105.78%

When using certain programs, I loose the internet connection. After a brief period it will come back on line and if the same program is active, the process will repeat untill I shut down the offending program. The error message presented is "local area connection network cable unplugged". Everything works fine as long as I do not start certain programs. The error is self correcting, but interrupts the communications that were occuring at that time. This is a new problem that arose after I optimed my cable modem settings. Does anyone know what I have done so that I might correct this situation?

Jallen said:

When using certain programs, I loose the internet connection. After a brief period it will come back on line and if the same program is active, the process will repeat untill I shut down the offending program. The error message presented is "local area connection network cable unplugged". Everything works fine as long as I do not start certain programs. The error is self correcting, but interrupts the communications that were occuring at that time. This is a new problem that arose after I optimed my cable modem settings. Does anyone know what I have done so that I might correct this situation?Click to expand...

firstly, what certain programs are we talking about?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.40316/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello everyone This is my first post I m looking forward to becoming a member of this community Here is my problem I m working on a Windows XP Desktop Dell which is connected to a cable modem using an ethernet cable I also have a Windows Vista Notebook HP which connects to the Internet my secure network wirelessly I use Time Warner Roadrunner as my ISP A month or so ago Time Warner contacted me and asked if A Connection: Unplugged Local Area Cable Network is I wished to quot upgrade quot my Internet service speed for a nominal fee I think it was per month As I am self-employed and frequently upload download large files for my business I decided that this was worth the expense So I agreed to make the upgrade which was done entirely on their end by resetting my modem whole Local Area Connection: A Network Cable is Unplugged process took about seconds Since that time I Local Area Connection: A Network Cable is Unplugged ve had nothing but problems with the wireless connection on the Notebook Any time I attempt to download a large file on to that computer again all done wirelessly the download fails and I lose my Internet connection on that unit e g the small globe icon in system tray which indicates that I am connected to my network disappears and is replaced by a red x or the yellow alert icon At the same time this occurs I get a notification on my desktop PC the one that is connected using the ethernet cable stating Local Area Connection A Network cable is unplugged The outage usually lasts for anywhere from seconds to minutes before restoring itself I have double triple and quadruple checked all of my connections and I can assure you that nothing is unplugged Two calls to Time Warner have yielded little along the way of information or results The first time I called I was told by a snippy tech rep that quot obviously one of your cables it unplugged quot The second time I called I was told that the network card in my desktop was going bad and I needed to replace it Although the second explanation sounds a bit more plausible than the first I remain suspicious Why is it that this problem first manifested itself within hours of my upgrading my Internet speed It never occurred so much as once prior to the upgrade And why does the problem NEVER occur not even once when I am downloading files to my desktop And why do I get errors on BOTH machines when I am attempting to download large files to the wireless machine only A friend who is hardly an expert but who is somewhat in the know seems to think that the problem lies not within the network card but with the ethernet cable itself that it may not be a good enough quality to handle the higher Internet speed He suggests buying a new ethernet cable and seeing if this remedies the problem I m not opposed to that solution but I d like to get other opinions before doing so Thanks so much Mister Winter nbsp

A:Local Area Connection: A Network Cable is Unplugged

First, be sure to update the firmware in the router, the NIC drivers for your wired connectons, and the wireless WiFi driver.

Brand names and model numbers for all network devices may help here.

I've seen cases where this symptom occurred due to the speed of the connection
and as you have just upgraded your network capacity, this may apply to you.

Broadcom 10/100/1000 adapters (and likely any gigabit adapter) set at 1000 flood the simple router and cause it to drop connections.

First try setting 100mb, full duplex and if it is stable stop here

Next try setting 100mb, half duplex and then move to

10mb half duplex.

And why does the problem NEVER occur (not even once) when I am downloading files to my desktop? And why do I get errors on BOTH machines when I am attempting to download large files to the wireless machine only?

A friend?who is hardly an expert, but who is somewhat in the know?seems to think that the problem lies not within the network card but with the ethernet cable itself..Click to expand...

If the wired desktop can run fine, the the cabling is not in question.
The download via the wireless will run much slower than the wired connection
and cause the router to back off -- the speed capacity up to the router is far
greater than the wifi and the problem is in the speed mismatch.

On my Netgear router, I can set the MTU size on the WAN Setup page.
You should have something <= 1500. Personally I use 1492.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.110616/
Relevancy 105.78%

Dear Friends I am running XP on a four-year-old HP and also on a one-year-old HP laptop A standard Linksys router connects the two units via wi-fi or cable if desired Things were working fine until a few months ago when I lent the laptop to my brother Now when I try to use the laptop to connect to the internet via wi-fi it doesn't work The wireless connection on the laptop says that it's got a good Unplugged Area Cable Local Network Connection - signal -- no problem there But the Local Area Connection has that pesky red X and says a network cable is unplugged A third box labelled Connection says that it's also connected I've read a bunch of online Local Area Connection - Network Cable Unplugged posts but they all seem to deal with people using the wrong cable Point is there's no cable plugged into -- or unplugged from -- the laptop I'm not using a cable -- I want to my wi-fi to work like it used to without a cable Some posts says to disable the Local Area Connection I've done that repeatedly but it makes no difference --I still can't get to the internet One other point that may or not mean anything If I do connect the laptop to the router with a cable everything is great -- I get the internet Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Groverman

A:Local Area Connection - Network Cable Unplugged

the first thing i would do is to check that the wireless switch is on. most laptops a have a switch at the side or front. or you might have a key in your keyboard saying fn if it does have click the fn + the wireless sign which will be somewhere there. for example on mine one it is fn + f2. click on start then right click on mycomputer then go to hardware and then device manager. check for any yellow signs if there is you need to download the driver for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-236062.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have a Dell Studio vista laptop I also have TWC and this particular laptop is wireless yet the local area connection network cable says unplugged broadcom netlink I know it is wanting a ethernet cable plugged in but it is a wireless laptop so why would I plug a cable in I also have a Dell E desktop that is hard wired into TWC with a Arris tg g modem that belongs to TWC I have no problems with the desltop hardwired but the laptop wireless downstairs continues to lose wi fi and or connections it shows speed and has at lest to bars but it cable question Local network connection area unplugged still goes in an out I called to have TWC come and check it out for me but they will not do it Said they do not work on computers but I thought maybe their installation went wrong But no advice This has been going on for a long time and I get so fed up paying the bills but getting cable internet in return Does anyone on the forum have the same problems Thanks for your help

A:Local area connection network cable unplugged question

Welcome,

Your laptop has the ability to use either a wireless connection or a wired connection. Typically not both at the same time.

You should disable the wired adapter to not see the cable unplugged indication.

Right click on the network icon in the notification area and select Open network and sharing center.

Then select change adapter settings on the upper left side of the window.

Right click on the Ethernet adapter (Local area connection) and select disable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390423-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-question.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have followed all the instructions from a previous thread(http://forums.techguy.org/networking/991259-solved-local-area-connection-cable.html) and attached all the required information of my HP 6910p laptop. I have unfortunately not been able to resolve the problem.

Relevancy 104.49%

Hi, my sister just got a pc for christmas, and is using a wireless connection, around the time this was installed I started getting an error message periodically saying "local area connection unplugged" it happens roughly every 2 minutes and only lasts for 1-4 seconds, how ever it is causing me great problems when playing a online game, or downloading something (amoungst other minor annoyances.). The problem only persists whilst I and my sister are using both our computers simaltaniosly. I am not using wireless, and my router is currently feeding my pc, my fathers both via ethernet cables, and my sisters via wireless. If anyone can please help me to solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection Unplugged (whilst everything firmly connected)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-unplugged-whilst-everything-firmly-connected.669064/
Relevancy 104.49%

I have a Netgear wgr614 router that is acting strangely. The error message I receive in the sys tray what is in the title of the thread. When the message appears, all 4 port lights are lit up on the router and access to the internet is interupted for a few seconds. This was happening more and more. I have checked the cables etc.
I followed Microsoft's tech article (see below and changed the speed/duplex properties to Force 10 Half Duplex. The problem is starting to come back but not as fast...maybe a half dozen times in an hour as opposed to constantly. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dan

)http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910389

A:Local area connection error message...a cable is unplugged

You have that lovely error message (NOT!) Yeah, it's a tough one to diagnose.

Did you make sure that your Windows Firewall is disabled? Are you using Norton or any other Internet security package that might contain a firewall that could be on by default?

BTW, did you just setup the router or did this happen out of the blue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-error-message-a-cable-is-unplugged.80744/
Relevancy 102.34%

Please Help me! After running my malware anti-virus and removing all the virus, my Local Area Connection keeps saying network cable unplugged. I checked the network adapters and everything is fine. When I did an ipconfig, there's no ip address showing. I have Windows XP. I've tried almost everything and it's still not working. What could be causing this problem? I've been working on this for days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection-Network Cable unplugged - Internet not working after virus

Hi: When you say no ipaddress do you mean it is all zeros or 169.xx ?
If all zeros here are some things to investigate:
IP Addresses all O&#8217;s
IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.
If this is a wireless connection:

There has also been at least one case where switching from using Dell WLAN to XP&#8217;s WZC resolved the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-internet-not-working-after-virus.1014604/
Relevancy 102.34%

I had Dell over today. They replaced the mother board and I am having the same problem. Wireless works fine. Wire to NIC card says unplugged and enabled (blinking) I can't get it to work.
Dell then told me it may be software and asked me to reload XP... I did that too, a full install... took me all night to get this laptop D600 Latitude back to normal. I am still getting this blinking thing under network connections. Local area connection (status) blinkes Network cable unplugged and enabled. I am using a known good cable. I rebooted modem, computer and did all I can do.
Have any ideas? Wireless works fine but daughter has a weak signal at college and needs direct connect.

Thanks,
Steve

A:Local area connection (status) blinkes Network cable unplugged and enabled.

When the motherboard was replaced, was the NIC driver re-installed?

Since its a laptop, is the NIC integrated with the motherboard, or is it a seperate card?

In Windows Device Manager, are there any question marks or exclamation points next to the NIC / Ethernet Adapter?

Since both motherboard and Windows were replaced / re-installed, that takes out a lot of possibilities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-status-blinkes-network-cable-unplugged-and-enabled.410008/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello, so I downloaded hamachi the other day to play with some friends on GMOD and I was finished with hamachi so I decided to un-install it, after doing so, I noticed Google Chrome, Mozilla, Steam and many more applications can't connect to the internet, but Internet Explorer 64 bit is able to connect... I don't know how to fix this and I've done a bunch of research on many ways to possibly fix it but none have worked so far... I use a wireless usb for my wireless connection, it works perfectly fine but my Local Area Connection keeps saying that one message and I just wanna fix it :/ please help?

A:Local Area Connection "Network cable unplugged"

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-1008882.html
Relevancy 93.74%

with an icon of a computer with a red quot X quot over it I do not know what a network cable is or how it could be unplugged because my computer came with wifi I cannot get it to connect to the internet at all My Dell Precision M recently had a Dell Precision unplugged" showing Network laptop cable Connection message,"Local Area computer virus and I Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged" ran malware megabytes to try to fix it Malwarebytes did clear my computer of the virus but after a few days of running malwarebytes my laptop gave me a message that it had to shut down to protect itself It said that if I had recently changed any settings on the computer that might be the cause of the shutdown Everytime I turned the computer on it would show the same message and then shut down again I brought it to a computer mechanic He said that malware megabytes got rid of the virus but probably mistook a good file as part of the virus My computer seemed to be shutting down because of a the good file that malware megabytes modified I got my laptop back from the computer guy today It seems to be fixed other than the fact that it won t connect to the internet at all The first time I recieved the message quot Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged quot was after I ran malwarebytes but before I brought it to the computer guy My laptop would often connect to the internet anyway back then I am wondering if malwarebytes might have changed the internet settings Does anyone know how to fix this problem Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged"

If you don't have an ethernet cable connected then that message is normal. Since you apparently don't use it you can disable the connection in Network Connections to get rid of the nag.

It's impossible to guess what files might have been modified by the malware, the malware fighter, or the computer guy.

Does your wireless adapter appear under Network Adapter in Device Manager as OK? What, if any, warning or errors are there in Device Manager?

Assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on? Can you detect your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-laptop-showing-message-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.915461/
Relevancy 89.01%

Good afternoon.

Last nite I started to log on and my start page came up with "cannot display...." The lower left corner had the 2 screen computer icon blinking saying "local area network is unplugged". I never unplugged anything. I was able to go on the net before. I have had the computer since Jan 04. I am on a cable modem. What is the purpose of this LAN connection? And what do I have to do to surf the web.

Please be descriptive as I am not very knowledgble on this. If I forgot to mention anything, please let me know.
Thanks so much

Relevancy 89.01%

I don't know why I've been recently getting this taskbar icon with Local Area Network "The network cable is unplugged" message, when in fact, the Ethernet cable is plugged all along. It appears for about 1-2 seconds, then disappears. This disconnects my Internet connection for about a couple seconds, and is reconnected instantly.

I have the D-Link Wireless 108G AirPlus XtremeG DI-624 router, with Wireless connection disabled. Currently, there are a total of 2 computers hooked onto this router through Ethernet cables.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Relevancy 88.15%

I think I posted this before but I don t know why this is suddenly happening again On the taskbar the quot locak area network is unplugged quot icon is appearing and when this happens my internet goes off on Network taskbar unplugged Local Area for the time being Then it disappears about - seconds later and I am reconnected again It s very irritating and the worst thing is I don t know what the heck is wrong The network cables are connected fine D-Link DI- Wireless G router is not touched Nothing is touched concerning the cables router etc I have comp uters hooked up to the one router by network cables Thus that s why it puzzles me why does this icon appear and disconnects me It sometimes happen once in a while and sometimes happens quite frequent I don t know what s going on nor what s causing it If anyone can help me solve this problem I will greatly appreciate it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi guys I still have this problem please help I have pcs desktops amp laptop Router Model no XWL- GRAR I have an X-Micro Router I sent the first one back now on the second unit x-micro also say there is no firmware to install for this unit its to new PC amp PC are hard wired into the router both are O S win k AVG anti virus The laptop is wireless O S win XP home amp norton anti virus Everything works fine until I shut down the laptop Then the trouble starts A bubble appears bottom right says local area connection unplugged This happens Every Seconds it Re-Connects amp then disconnects on both desktop pcs at the same time If I restart the laptop the connection is cable network unplugged area local is then stable again on all pcs This is what i have done so far sent the router back and recieved replacement still no good checks done are - plug in pc hard wired result it disconnects then reconnects every secs plug in pc hard wired result it disconnects then reconnects every secs plug in laptop it works local area network cable unplugged fine ok no problem So this points to O S or the anti virus system ON pc amp being the problem but if it is why does every thing work correctly on pc amp while ever the laptop is local area network cable unplugged connected ive been trying to sort this out since xmas can any body help please note this bubble pops up every secs On PC amp Even when the router is unplugged from the modem please also note That pc amp pc work correctly when plugged directly into the modem and never disconnect SO as its Hard wired I would have thought it should still work Just like an extention lead what can i do Does anyone out there have an X - MICRO ROUTER on Win K nbsp

A:local area network cable unplugged

boy, this stinks! I would look for another manufacture's product!

disconnecting one device should not effect the others on that same router -- EVER!

(of course all others lose their print/file shares to the disconnected system :knock

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-network-cable-unplugged.71282/
Relevancy 88.15%

I experience many brownouts due to hot weather & neighbors heavy use of air conditioners.
BTW, I have a top-name surge protector: TRIPP LITE SUPER 7

During one of the brownouts, while I was typing, there was a POP!

And then when I booted up again, it took a long time booting, whereupon there's a RED X covering an extra computer icon in far right of taskbar. Now there's 2 computer-icons, one with Red X, and one without.

When I mouse-over the Red X, it states:
Local Area Connection, network cable is unplugged.

But that's not true - nothing is unplugged!

Why does that ridiculous icon keep displaying there? Did something get screwed up?

Thanks!

Relevancy 87.29%

until recently I've never had a problem but now it seems that every 5 mins I lose connection. It does this on my computer and my roomates so its not just me. What would be the best way to go about? New router, bring modem to cable company? or is it something I can fix myself.

Relevancy 87.29%

I have set up a router to work with my cable modem on my sony desktop pc - but somehow my sony laptop won t draw the correct IP from the router - I have tried setting a static IP to no avail - with DCHP enabled I get which - local failure unplugged connect ip renew area I think means that it can t get an IP I have tried to renew release the IP flushed the DNS shut down and unplugged everything repeatedly notebook PC router ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged amp modem - My network connections shows a local area connection unplugged a connection and the wireless net work connection When I try to renew the IP it tells me that ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged the adapter either isn t there or not in a permissable state - I even tried with my ISP support to connect directly from the modem via ethernet cable also reversed the cable without the router and still could not draw the correct IP or make it work with a static IP The wireless worked at my work network before and now event that has ceased to work - the DCHP will not obtain an IP from the network at ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged my job or from the router I have at home I would be grateful for any help or advice on drivers reloading of software changing config or whatever - I have seen advice about working around the windows detect media but am afraid to make registry changes unless I really have to Thanks for your attention to my problem nbsp

A:ip renew failure - local area connect unplugged

Are you trying to connect via a wired LAN connection or wirelessly?

The address you are pulling is valid - it is not likely from your router though, as it is a routable INTERNET address, not an INTRANET address. Most routers are configured to use one of the following address schemes for the inside connections
192.168.x.x
172.16.x.x
10.x.x.x
These are not routable through the internet and are safer to use than connecting through a Internet Routable address as they are not visable by anyone on the Internet.

The question is where is it pulling the address from?

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-renew-failure-local-area-connect-unplugged.200366/
Relevancy 87.29%

I ve had this experience in the story) know area unplugged cable (I same old been it network has local past but not so consistent local area network cable unplugged (I know it has been same old story) as it has been for the last couple months I looked up google and found different experience other people had I live in the same house for years now and have been having different housemates come in and go Since September this year I have everyone in local area network cable unplugged (I know it has been same old story) the house using internet My computer is connected through my DI- router through wired connection The rest of the house my housemates connect wirelessly The message appears in varying periods of time At some periods it occurs about every - minutes or sooner Then at some periods it doesn t occur for more than day or Say if only or people in the house the message may not occur so often or I would have smooth connection Could this be the amount of local area network cable unplugged (I know it has been same old story) wireless connection interference I had tried to connect to the modem directly and I have no problems at all I tried to change one of the cables and check all the cables - no issues I figured it has to do with D-link router I tried to contact D-link tech support through e-mail and one tech support responded that I set up static IP and I did That message still appears And two tech support responded that I should call them D-link phone support cost flat for minutes and I m really trying to avoid this Any ideas G nbsp

A:local area network cable unplugged (I know it has been same old story)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-network-cable-unplugged-i-know-it-has-been-same-old-story.766408/
Relevancy 86%

I moved into a family apartment and had my landlord hook up my at cable network Local area random unplugged intervals Toshiba Windows laptop to his Lynksys wireless router that everyone in the house is using He gave me a Lynksys USB wireless card also which worked well I was able to connect to the Internet with no problems Last Local area network cable unplugged at random intervals week I had the IT guy at my work hook up a remote desktop server to my computer so I could access my work files from home My work files are not wirelss When I brought my computer home that night I started it up and was on the Internet for about minute when it kicked me offline and then the LAN computer icon on the bottom said quot Network cable unplugged quot Every minute or so the X s on the LAN computer icon go away and it says quot plugged quot again This will last for about seconds and then it becomes unplugged again I think Local area network cable unplugged at random intervals the IT guy changed a setting that kicked me off the wireless router but don t know how to switch the settings back Please help I m not sure if the IT guy even knows what he did nbsp

A:Local area network cable unplugged at random intervals

Firewall

Software that accesses remote (sometimes mainframe) files often needs exceptions (changes) to the firewall. Your IT guy will either have to do it or give you the directions as to what to enable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-network-cable-unplugged-at-random-intervals.101680/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I am new here but I found and ran Combo Fix on my Unplugged Fix Help...local Issue Connection Combo older desktop Dell which I would like to have working again History I was running a wireless adapter on the computer and AVG but I lost connection to the internet and AVG is way out of date I can t get online to update but downloaded Combo Fix Help...local Connection Unplugged Issue Combofix to my jump drive and ran it on the machine Is it infected with something I also saw EACFILT in my network connection and was given a warning that it was not verified what s that about Thanks in advance for ANY help on this computer JenComboFix - - - Jennifer - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from C Documents and Settings Jennifer Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore pointWARNING Combo Fix Help...local Connection Unplugged Issue -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Files Created from - - to - - - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS NirCmd exe Find M Report - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB F tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB E tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB D tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB C tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB B tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB A tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB F tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB E tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB C tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB D tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB B tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB A tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB F tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB E tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB C tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB D tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB B tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB A tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB F tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB E tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB D tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB C tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB B tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB A tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB tmp - - ----a-w C WINDOWS Internet Logs xDB E tmp ... Read more

A:Combo Fix Help...local Connection Unplugged Issue

Hello JentheartistYou should not be using Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.Further, you did not follow the required instructions for using ComboFix as its log indicates your machine does not have the Recover Console Installed.Please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may have performed some of these steps already. If you can't perform a step, then skip and continue with the next. In step #9 there are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log. (This is a self-extracting version which will automatically install the current version of HJT in the proper location.) If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day. Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126586/combo-fix-helplocal-connection-unplugged-issue/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 76.97%

XPS 8700, Windows 7, using an Ethernet cable.
The Internet Access icon (in the system tray) will display a red X, then the icon will show spinning, then the icon will appear normal. It takes about 10-seconds for the entire process to occur.
During this time, connectivity to the Internet is lost. I'm using an Ethernet cable to connect.
Typically, it occurs when I'm asking for lots of data rapidly (e.g., flipping through online photos quickly or streaming a large video).
It always fixes itself. But, it's disruptive to my surfing... and annoying.
How might I fix this? Thanks.

A:Red X, Local Area Connection, Loses Connection, Spins, Reconnects

You might get a better response if you re-post this in the Networking forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992327
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that is not connected to the internet. I have checked the drivers and they are all installed correctly and operational. When I go into the adapter settings there is no Local Area Connection adapter. I have included some screen shots of what I am seeing if they help.

-Chris

A:Local Area Connection missing from network adapters, no connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

In that computer management window (while Device Manager is selected in the left pane), select View from the menu bar. Then uncheck View hidden devices. Do you see any Network adapters now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295663-local-area-connection-missing-network-adapters-no-connection.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have used boot amp nuke to wipe clean an older XP desktop Then I used the XP installation disk to get going to the basic installation that enables the computer to function The plan is to get the network card working and then use updates and auto-detect to configure the remaining drivers I have done this with some success on a couple of other older XP machines previously I opened the case and worked out that the board is an Intel D PERL By going to the Intel website on another machine I have downloaded the network card drivers copied it to a USB stick and then transferred the drivers to the machine being re-built They all appear to have installed correctly - when I go to device manager it says that the quot Intel R PRO CT Network Connection quot is working properly When I go to Network Connections it says that the Local Area Connection is enabled But in the details pane it reports the following IP Address Subnet Mask Assigned by DHCP I have cross referenced the network configuration against another but address and IP Local enabled Area connection no no Connection XP machine and confirmed that the TCP IP properties are configured to obtain IP address automatically etc ipconfig all in the command prompt reports the following Windows IP Configuration Host Name stratus Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO CT Network Connection Physical Address - C-F - - B- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Clearly I cannot get any connection to the internet I do not believe I would need to do any configuration of the home network itself because Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection it is Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection configured to be as vanilla Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection as possible too And the other computers connect to it fine Is there a step I am missing Have I installed the drivers incorrectly Any assistance much appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection enabled but no IP address and no connection

IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
DHCP Service not running.
Duplicate IP address on the network.
Bad NIC card drivers.
Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.

Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.

Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.

Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-enabled-but-no-ip-address-and-no-connection.892626/
Relevancy 76.11%

I was just wondering what the 1394 Connection icon was next to my Local Area Connection 2 icon in the Network Connections folder on Windows XP. Could I somehow connect thru that? Also it is enable and says I am connected however there is 0 packets being sent and received? Should I disable this or does it matter?

A:What is the 1394 Connection icon next to my Local Area Connection 2?

You can disable it if you want. This is for your Firewire port on your PC/Laptop you can use this to interconnect between 2 firewire controllers that support this function. Its just another form of computer connecting like Ethernet, and wireless. and USB. and COM port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-1394-connection-icon-next-to-my-local-area-connection-2.434766/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a New Seanix Seanote laptop and every morning I have to reboot the computer 3 to 4 times to get a "Local Area Connection" to the internet. Under My Network Places then "Properties" I do not see a Local Area Connection until I reboot a few times.
There is another connection there call a "1394 Connection" but no "Local Area Connection"
Does anyone have any idea's I have already reinstalled the drivers for the on board Nic.

A:local area connection

The 1394 connection is firewire, Not having a Local Area Connection though, is a problem ...Take your Laptop back to the shop ...get them to fix it ...it's new , therefore under warranty .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.359870/
Relevancy 75.25%

New to the forums, try to bear with me please...
I upgraded from windows xp home edition to XP pro x64 today. Upon finishing the install I was unable to connect to the internet. This brought me to discover I have no local area connection under my Network Connections, just the 1394 connection. I have tried adding a new connection, and installing motherboard drivers from the cd. The mother board is a nForce 680i SLI socket 775. I'm kinda coming to a loss here, but am left to believe maybe it has something to do with the x64... I had checked the device manager as well, and the only network adapter present lists as the 1394...

A:No Local Area Connection

You'll need to get a x64 driver for your Network Connection adapter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-local-area-connection-184270.html
Relevancy 75.25%

So I realize that this is my computer telling me that it is not getting a connection to the internet So here is a basic diagram of my setup ISP---- gt Cable Modem----- gt New Splitter---------- gt Asus wifi router working --------- gt Desktop IP also connected to wifi My ISP is Charter Com via a Cable Modem From there I go into a TRENDnet ethernet switch splitter From there I have cable that goes to my desktop one cable to goes Area Local Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx to the upper floor to the wifi router Asus RT-N U The router is working fine and I am currently connected to it I have replaced the TRENDnet Switch every ethernet cable except to Asus wifi router This is where it gets stupid I can disconnect the TRENDnet switch and plug in my Desktop with the IP and it works I have researched this topic via forums for the past month and a half and now after fresh installing windows would like to try and get some input of what other might think is going on I am out of options I Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx had this setup for quite some time with wired and wifi Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx but just all of a sudden about - months ago after moving my desk and plugging it all in again it stopped working Here is a text format of Ipconfig of my LAC Configuration for interface quot Local Area Connection quot DHCP enabled Yes IP Address xxx xxx Subnet Prefix xx mask InterfaceMetric DNS servers configured through DHCP None Register with which suffix Primary only WINS servers configured through DHCP None As I said I am now running a fresh install of windows with no Bonjour program on it I have released renewed and about other CMD commands that I could think of The internet options for this adapter are set to obtain automatically I have ran about every malware program I can think of So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx

Hmm why the splitter BEFORE the router - - that's not the correct way to add a second router

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
to add a second router:

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
|
+--- new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-169-254-xxx-xxx.203909/
Relevancy 75.25%

My desktop computer has been unable to connect to the internet. It is wired, but there is no icon in the network connections window. The cable works on other computers, just not this one. In device manager there is no network adapter for it. Also, there is a code 12 error with COM1. When i enter the ipconfig /all command the only thing that shows is "Windows IP Configuration". Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

A:No Local Area Connection

If there's no network adapter showing in Device Manager then the adapter is most likely faulty and will have to be replaced with a new one (ie a new network card which fits into a PCI or PCI-Express slot depending on whichever type of slot your PC has).

The code 12 error on COM1 is a separate issue:

Code 12
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)
Cause

This error can occur if two devices that are installed on your computer have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or both). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device.

Recommended resolution

You can use the Troubleshooting Wizard in Device Manager to determine where the conflict is, and then disable the conflicting device.

Disable the conflicting device

1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
3. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-local-area-connection-596667.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have set Local Area Connection as first choice, Wireless Network Connection as second. In the tray icon,it is finding for the connection, it took almost 2 min.or so to find the LAN connection.  I have set the metric of LAN to 10 and wireless connection to 12 and also disable wireless connection. I would like it to start directly to local area connection at start up instead of searching for others before to local area connection. My OS. Windows 7 ultimate.
         Thanking you.

A:Local Area Connection

I have set the metric of LAN to 10 and wireless connection to 12 and also disable wireless connection.
Metric?  Mind explaining what that is?  As far as I know, you don't have to set anything.  Given a choice between a wired and wireless connection, Windows will always connect to the wired first by default.  Also, once your ethernet cable is always plugged in, Windows shouldn't have to "search" for other connections before "finding" the LAN connection.  If that is happening to you, something is definitely wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610560/local-area-connection/
Relevancy 75.25%

My damn computer (as i'm typing) says in a pop up in the lower right corner Local Area Connection - "A network cable unplugged" for a sec and goes away and it's slowing down my computer ! Whats the cause of this?

A few things can cause this. They include:
Poor connection between your NIC and the cable.
Poor connection between the cable and the hub/router/switch/modem.
Faulty cable.
Faulty NIC.
Faulty hub/router/switch/modem.

My suggestion is to make sure its properly pushed in on both ends, and if it continues get another cable.

I have moved this thread from Distributed Computing to Storage and Networking, please post threads in the proper forum in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection.41670/
Relevancy 75.25%

I recently had wireless internet hooked up at my home so I can use my laptop. I tried to set it up with Verizon but I couldnt connect to the internet. Verizon told me I had no 'local area connection" how do I go about getting one or installing it?

what modem or router have you got to access the internet

Are you paying Verizon for a broadband connection , if so how is this supplied by telephone or cable ?

make and model of the PC
what windows version are you running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.1089698/
Relevancy 75.25%

Helloo! First post here!

My problem is the following:
I am already connected to the internet via a Broadband connection, yet my local area connection appears in the list too, saying there is no connection available trough it. I would like to disable the local area connection but still keep my broadband connection going.

As you see in the picture, the icon shows that the internet connection isn't active and that annoys me, so i would like to make in such way that it only shows the broadband connection and not the network connection, so the icon looksa s it should look.

Thanx

A:Local area connection

Quote: Originally Posted by 2stubborn2die

Helloo! First post here!

My problem is the following:
I am already connected to the internet via a Broadband connection, yet my local area connection appears in the list too, saying there is no connection available trough it. I would like to disable the local area connection but still keep my broadband connection going.

As you see in the picture, the icon shows that the internet connection isn't active and that annoys me, so i would like to make in such way that it only shows the broadband connection and not the network connection, so the icon looksa s it should look.

Thanx

Open Start, type "network connections" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Right click the Local Area Connection and select disable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114770-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I built a computer about a month ago and after a day or two of troubleshooting got all the hardware and software working Even the local area connection internet was working using vista bit Then a week ago I moved to a different apartment and plugged it in but no internet So I figured it might just resolve itself and was a weird bug but it persisted I installed windows bit and got the same problem The local area connection either shows quot A cable is unplugged quot or if I change it to mb Full Duplex it shows quot Limited or no Connectivity quot Recently Local Area Connection I bought windows xp bit and still after two installs it is doing this Things I have tried -the netsh reset thing -the ipconfig renew thing -uninstalling ipv -installing and uninstalling all of the hardware drivers one by one Local Area Connection -switching cables important note- If I haven t installed the ethernet driver my computer detects the network card as a controller and doesn t have the local area connection problem And the cable when connected to my laptop works fine Also my college uses dhcp Heres my ipconfig all- node type- unknown ip routing enabled- no WINS proxy enabled- no Physical Address DHCP Enabled- Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled- Yes IP Address- Subnet Mask- Default Gateway- DHCP Server- thanks nbsp

Vista has caused many of my clients computers problems when it came down to drivers (especially networking).

The best cause of action is to download the correct vista driver pack for your current addapter and put it on a cd or usb stick. Then remove the network addapter using device manager and restart your computer - when it asks for driver location on restart just press cancel. Then run the relevant driver pack you previously download and hopefully this will sort out your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.851688/
Relevancy 75.25%

Newbie here.
Someone call tell me what happen??i cannot see Local Area Connection (see picture below)
but i can access internet.why this happen..virus or what.tqvm 4 feedback

A:Cannot see Local Area Connection

Can you get to Network Connections when you click "Change Adapter Settings" in upper left part of Network and Sharing Center?

Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free if you are concerned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371281-cannot-see-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 75.25%

my local area connection starts when vista starts up before i had to start my sympatico internet now its always on how do i stop lac from starting up when i start my comp now i dont need to start my sympatico internet to go on line i dont use local area connection to conect to internet ty any help would be great thank you

Relevancy 75.25%

hello every one
I have problem can any one help me please
i havn't (Local Area Connection ) in network connection in my computer why ?
what I must to do to make (Local Area Connection)?
thanks for any help

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...serv/reskit/prork/prcg_cnd_utxq.mspx?mfr=true

the link might help

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.688211/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi All,

I am a relative beginner and I am having a problem that is beyond my ability.

I am using windows XP on my PC, I have got AOL Gold Broadband, I have also had fitted a Linksys Wireless G Card. Which works ok with my daughters Laptop. However it kept showing a message on my PC that "Local Area Connection" is unplugged. After ensuring that my connections were ok, & trying various things my son-in-law fitted a wireless card to my PC. Now I am getting the following error message "Local Area Connection 2" is unplugged. I now cannot get onto AOL Broadband at all. When I try to logon to AOL I am getting the following message "Home DNS Server Unreachable or Unavailable (24-01-08-033).
Can you help? Is it a Software Problem? Hardware Problem or a Virus?

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi. i have a acer aspire 5720 running vista 32bit. i recently got a new router. all the other computers in the house can access the internet but i cannot and im not sure why. I have the internet with virgin media with a netgear router.
I saw a error sign by the 6to4 adaptor driver and while trying to follow some advice on another forum deleted it and now i cannot get it back, but im not even sure if that was the problem.
This is the computer info. can someone please help?
Thanks

[IMG=http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5576/computerinfo.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Local area connection only

is your wireless card listed in device manager? start > type device manager in the search box, click on it in the menu > click the + sign @ network adapter ...is there a wireless card there?

can you connect wireless anywhere else ?

have you tried to renew the ip address ? http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/as...sprt_cid=b1a9abba-cdb2-4a16-bfd3-64465f4612e2

doe the internet work with an eathernet cable ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-only.974116/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi Guys,
I am having a problem with my network connection on an XP PC. 3 times already today, the Local Area Connection in The Networks folder in Control Panel has disabled itself.

I simply re-enable it and everything is fine.

Any ideas on why this happens ???

David

Disable the XP SP2 firewall and monitor this...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-24238.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Win7 home Premimum 64bit
It started with a trojan which is removed but it left a couple of problems. Here is the last one.

Device manager shows my lan card. I've tried uninstalling it but its uninstall app hangs...no messages just never finishes.

Network Connection in control panel comes up blank, nothin, nada under manage network connections.

Is there a netsh option that will rebuild the winsock/lan card interface?

A:no local area connection

Have you tried simply disabling and re-enabling the device in the device manager?
control panel - system - device manager - network adapters

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172401-no-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I got my Local Area Con to work in this few days, connecting two of mine pc-s with cable and both of them got internet now...

Problem is:

on my first pc wich have direct conection to a modem, in My Network Places, where are shared data folders from both machines.... both shared data folders are in "THE INTERNET" Category, while on my other machine are separeted in two categories "Local Network" - PC without modem and "The Internet" - PC with modem or direct link to internet.

Here are the Screenshots:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-397654.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I am trying to hook up a VISTA computer to communicate with the internet. Using XP you had to go in and select the Local Area Connection and place the IP, Subnet,Default and then the DNS1 and DNS2 in the local area connection block and save and then you could get on the internet. How in the H--- do you do it in VISTA. Pulling out my hair Help Please!

Go into control pane --> network and sharing center, manage network connections on the left hand side, right click the network adaptor and click properties.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-309081.html
Relevancy 75.25%

the "local area connection" adapter is not working properly. then it says detect. actiontec dsl. They told me to download driver upgrade and put on disc then use it on computer and still no internet

We need to have information on make and models of all your the equipment please.

PC/Laptop
Router/Modem
Who is the ISP (Internet Service Provider)
Any other machines working - give details
How the PC or more are all connected - full details
What windows version is used - xp, vista, windows7, etc

-> firewall blocking - what firewall / secruity program do you have ?
-> wireless Encryption - Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
-> The wireless is not switch on - most laptops have a physical switch or uses FN + f key to toggle on/off

you will need to copy the following into notepad and copy onto a working internet connected PC - using a thumbdrive/flashdrive/cdrw etc
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}
Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all
Post back the results

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} > network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

for windows 7
start > control panel>
System and Security>
Device Manager

---------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.899557/
Relevancy 75.25%

ever since today my computer started having this error message saying network cable unplugged or something. my computer can't shut down. everytime i shut it down it restarts back up. the only way to shut it down is to shut the power. please help! internet doesnt work too.

A:local area connection help

If you have a PCI NIC,here are some possibilities -

Faulty NIC.
Poor connection between your NIC and the cable.
Poor connection between the cable and the hub/router/switch/modem.
Faulty cable.
Faulty hub/router/switch/modem.

Look in the Device manager.Does any network component have a yellow symbol next to to it ?

Try moving the NIC to another PCI slot,then restart the computer.
Windows should reinstall it.

Buy another NIC

System restore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-help.48976/
Relevancy 75.25%

A pop up keeps saying that a network cable is unplugged also Local Area Connection 3

A:local area connection 3

More information is required. Are you connecting to the internet wired or wirelessly? If wirelessly. it is just telling you that you do not have a network cable plugged in, which you know, as you are connected wirelessly. If you are connected wired, try replacing the Ethernet Cable, try a different port on the router. Go to your computer manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the network adapter driver for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-3-a-652587.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hi, ive got virgin media broadband, but i cannot get it to work properley, the only way i can get online is when i detach my telephone adaptors and attach the computor on its own, have phoned virgin many times, bought new telephone adaptors, and yes ive had the adsl filter in the phone socket first, i get the message local area connection network cable unplugged, my broadband modem is lighting up properley, please can you help a complete novice aged 69 with a very angry wife. thanks

Well, from the description, you appear to have phone wiring issues, or you're missing a filter someplace in the house. A defective filter could also cause this.

Disconnect ALL the phone equipment of any kind and connect the modem. Make sure it's working normally. Then, connect one phone (with filter) at a time until it stops. Try a new filter first to see if it's just a defective filter at that point.

If all else fails, this is my fix for poor interior wiring.

Purchase a DSL splitter and install it at the telco service entrance. Run a direct line from the DSL port on the splitter directly to the DSL modem. Connect all of the other phone instruments to the telephone output of the DSL splitter. All of the DSL analog side wiring should be CAT3 or better twisted pair from the telco service entrance to the DSL/ADSL modem. You can use one of the twisted pairs in CAT5 cable if you have that on hand.

This is as good as it gets for DSL installations, and will usually solve in-house wiring issues.

Here's a good detailed description of the process: DSL Wiring Upgrade Tutorial

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.679743/
Relevancy 75.25%

I just re-installed XP on my computer. And now under network connections there is no 'local area connection'. I've tried creating a new connection but can't seem to get the internet up and working.

Please help!

Relevancy 75.25%

I keep getting this pop up from my Zone Alarm stating that I have a Local Area Connection Unplugged? Does anyone know what this means? Is someone getting into my system?

Please help

Relevancy 75.25%

Let me tell you a bit about my set-up. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and my internet connection is via a Bt homehub.
My problem is every time I start up my PC I don't have internet connection.
The only way to get it is to go to local area connection and disable it, then go back in and enable it and then I have internet access.
I have taken screen shoots of whats happening.
Not sure if the file has uploaded so sorry if you don't see it. New to this site so having to get used to it.

Alan

Can any one see the word file I attached as I can't.

Alan

Assuming that's a wired and not wifi connection.

Before you boot, disconnect from the BT and let the system present the desktop, then
connection to the BT, wait 30sec and you should have a connection.

Your Firewall should be left active

Like to see the View Connections, but copy the text from this and past into your follow-up:
start->Run->enter IPCONFIG /ALL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection.156433/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am trying to connect to a router and it just wont' connect. "network cable unplugged"

when I connect my laptop to the router, it connects just fine.

both machines are pretty much identical in TCP/IP config.

I am so frustrated....I don't know what the problem is

Thanks

Relevancy 75.25%

I hope I am in the right place my first time to use! I have new HP that has windows XP the local area connection has red x on it and says cable is unplugged. On the task bar it shows two computers with red x. I had been trying to turn off the firewall,following these instructions(go to start,control panel,network connections,click on local area connection,go to advanced Tab,and uncheck the box internet connection firewall.) Well I did all that and did not find internet connection firewall. But must have did something I didn't realize now I have this problem. Can some one please tell me how to fix my problem I am lost here with XP.

Relevancy 75.25%

Please,

i need detailed instructions how to connect two pc-s with lan cable
so i can play in network and browse on net with both..? Thanx

A:Local Area Connection Help

get a router. plug cable or dsl modem into WAN or Internet port of router. plug both computers into router's switch.

you may need work on IP settings and firewall settings before everything is working properly, but let's start there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-help-394716.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, I have a fujitsu laptop,,,,which I used to use which my modern via local arena connection,,,but 1 day my friend did something to it and now when I connect the jak the pc does not connect?????now I can't see local area network on my network places,,What happens how can I get it back to work. Br gsmnikki

A:Local area connection help

If you can't see the LAN connection listed under Network Connections, your friend probably uninstalled the driver.

1) Open Device Manager. Do you see the network adapter? Rt click and uninstall
2) Now go to the support site for your computer (e.g. Dell, HP, ASUS, etc) download the network driver and reinstall it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-help.139474/
Relevancy 75.25%

All - I am embarrased to post this but I am getting desperate. I upgraded a friend's computer from Win98 to Win 2000. After completing this successfully, I tried to setup their internet connection (cable modem with a wireless router, though this computer is ethernet connected to the router). Unfortunately, the computer cannot see the cable modem even though their ISP can ping the router and modem. Windows 2000 did not 'plug-n-play' the modem or router for some reason.
So, I tried to add a network connection but the computer did not see the modem or router. In the Network Connections folder, there was no 'Local Area Connection', only 'Add New Connection'. What gives? Do I have to add my network adapter too? Thanks for your help.
SJS

Relevancy 75.25%

I have tried everything the wireless on my laptop (Dell Inspiron) works fine but with Ethernet cable I CANT log on i've tried every ipconfig release,renew but it keeps coming up Media State ..............................Media Disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix

Help please

Vic

Have you tried another Ethernet cable, maybe the one you have is bad, what do you connect to, is it a router or modem and who is your ISP ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208802-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I just installed a new XP Home on my Dell laptop.

My main destop in connected to the internet via Cox. However, I can't connect to the internet on my laptop. I have run a cable from my desktop to another room and connected to a D-Link. I used a DP-G310 by D-Link. But know it does not light up. Does this mean the D-Link is broke and should be replaced.

I get the message "A network cable is unplugged."

How do I correct this? Thanks.

A:Local area connection

Hi bfburton99

You may have connected to the wrong networking device. The DLink DP-G310 is a print server, and not a router (of course, you plug printers into print servers). Here's a link to information about the DP-G310 --- http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DP-G310&tab=3 ---

It's also possible that perhaps you just copied the wrong numbers.

Cox will have provided you with a cable 'modem' at the least, or with one of the newer "residential gateway" devices (these combine the duties of a cable 'modem' and a router in one box). You'll want to connect your Cat5/Cat53/Cat6 ethernet cable from your PC to a "LAN" port on either your residential gateway (if you have one), your router (if you have one), or directly to the cable 'modem'.

Once connected to an active port, you should be able to access the Internet using your favorite browser. Make sure you have a firewall active & an antivirus program installed before connecting.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-522452.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys, I just reinstalled XP on my laptop and I tried to connect to the internet with a cable modem and when i looked the local area connection wasnt there. I dodnt have any connection and i am using a router. I tried the Connection Wizard and tried to make a new home/small office connection but that didnt work eather.

Relevancy 75.25%

Well ive just come from the OS department and re-installed windows.
Problem is, everthing is default. I have no nore ''local area connection'''or ''wireless connection'' tabs anymore in the network connections folder.
Ive tired our ISP cd, no good.
Can i pls get any assistence in seting these up again like i had on my previous setup. This problem has me baffled.
thankyou in adance!!

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi ^^

I download a lot of anime, music and stuff like that. In the process, I downloaded a couple trojans. I ran a program called Trojan Hunter and it cleared them out. Unfortunately, it also cleared out whatever it is that connects me to the internet.

I figured I would just reformat and call it good. So I saved all my work and went on with it. Once I got all the drivers installed and the programs I need back on, I tried to connect to the internet. No dice. I'm not sure what happened or what I need to do to get back online. I tried the "ipconfig /all" in the cmd, but I get:

"Windows IP Configuration"

And that's it. I tried switching cables with the laptop, reset the router and modem, and still nothing. Any ideas as to what I might be forgetting?

Thanks for your help ^^;

-Niko

Relevancy 75.25%

When i am on the internet sometimes the connection will give out and the only way to get back on the internet is to reset the Local Area Connection, its getting really annoying like once every hour, how can i fix this?

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection.823969/
Relevancy 75.25%

Is there a reason this was created on the dell desktop that I recently installed a new windows xp on? I have a wireless connection, local are connection 1 and 2, i can disable one but I can't disable 2, and I don't even know what 2 is FOR. However 1 has in it's description "Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection" and 2 has "Microsoft TV/Video Connection"

A:Local Area Connection 2

It installs when you have a webcam or TV card nothing to worry about.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/259315-local-area-connection-2-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

G'dday folks, long time no see, hope you are all well.
Been doing some stupid things with XP and now my wireless connection is not active.
Right click on the Icon brings up the box that shows "Status" "Repair" "Delete" as Greyed out and inopperative. How can I enable them to allow a repair and connection?
PCMI card when plugged in does not light up (Dynamode WL-GI-300B)
Got a few more probs with XP in general but will pop those questions up when I can get online with the machine.
Many thanks as usual.

Relevancy 75.25%

I shut down my computer a few days ago and when I restart it does not connect. I get the following statement, " Local area connnection unpluged via Rhine II Fast Ethernet. However I also get "1394 Connection Connected.
Thus I am able to use my laptop. Any suggestions?

Thanks

sounds as if the 1394 adapter (used for Firewire) got bridged to your LAN adapter.

checkout the properties of both in View Network Connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection.81986/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok so about 6 months ago one of my friends went on my computer and messed it up, pretty bad. i have a dell dimension 3000 with windows xp. and my internet (dsl) always goes on and off but not on the router (all the lights are green all the time) its the little icon with the two computers in the taskbar. its on for exactly 21 seconds then goes off for 3 seconds then back on and etc...
i have been trying to fix it for along time but i really need help because it makes everything internet related very hard. so if anyone can please help i would really appreciate it

ohh and one more thing, when i start my computer the first thing that comes up is a message telling me to find photogallery or something and im confused so if you know what to do please get back.
-thanks alot guys

Relevancy 75.25%

I recently was uninstalling games in Control Panel- Programs and i deleted my local area connection thing so I can't connect to my comcast modemn to my computer. How do i get it back?

Check Device Manager (Start...type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter) - are there any problem devices listed there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-495481.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I can't seem to see my local area connection in my Network Connections folder. I did ipconfig / all in command prompt and it came up with this.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : D7LL4Y1J
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Belkin

Ethernet adapter {C0EB7506-A502-45B3-8EB0-6544D6E0CE38}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 - Packet Schedu
ler Miniport
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-C0-EB-75-06

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-20-BE-F9-5F
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 19 September 2009 18:33:01
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 19 January 2038 04:14:07
Could some one help me? I dont know whats happened it was just like this when i started my pc today.
Thanks

A:Local area connection has gone.

What do you see in the network connections folder? There is a good connection to your wired network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-has-gone.862139/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have Windows XP on my computer. On the control panel when I click Network Connections/Local Area Connection I see that my Local Area Connection is disabled. When would I click Enable and when would I click disable as to my Local Area connection? Thank you very much. Murrar

You only need the LAN conn if your not using your Broadband conn or if on the move and in a wifi hotspot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298194/local-area-connection/