Windows Support Forum

Wifi boosting

Q: Wifi boosting

I have a bt hub my wifi works great in the bungalow but not in the garden I have looked at several wifi boosters but don't know which one to go for HELP PLEASE

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi boosting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi boosting

What wi-fi router are you using? On some, you can change the transmission power setting.

Another option, if you don't mind tinkering, is get a wi-fi router that's compatible w/ custom firmware like dd-wrt. Flash the router w/ the custom firmware and configure it as a repeater bridge. I did this at my parents' house years ago. Bought a refurbished Linksys WRT54G2, after flashing and reconfiguring the router, I was able to extend the range.

Tomato is another customer firmware. Haven't used it so can't comment on the pros and cons.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-boosting.204078/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, trying to use a netgear wg602 V3 as a wifi repeater/booster/extender. Main router in the house is a Orange Livebox. Tried following various online walkthroughs, but to no avail so far. Hoping someone can offer a step by step guide possibly

Relevancy 67.08%

I've been looking around at certain wifi boosters on ebay. However, I'm not sure if these are compatible with my laptop because I have an internal 802.11g card. Is there a way to boost my range with an internal card?

A:Boosting Wifi

Usually no most times these work with the add on pcmcia cards that have removeable antenna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-wifi.482571/
Relevancy 67.08%

will a wifi signal booster boost a signal from a linkses wrt610n+ router

A:Boosting WiFi

If it has a removable anttena you could check out YouTube for some excellent homemade high gain antennas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boosting-wifi.144172/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys, I have a Cisco dual band wireless router that I previously bought to cater for my house network to support older device that runs on wireless G and new devices that runs wireless N.
One set to N only on 5Ghz
Another set to Mix mode on 2.4Ghz

Now that all my older devices has all being replaced with devices that supports wireless N.
If I disable one band, and enable only one, the N-only mode on 5Ghz. Will it help boost the signal or network in any way? If not, is there anything that I can do to fully utilize the dual band capability of the router since that now I do not need to run dual band.

Thanks. (Sorry if my questions sounds stupid, I'm not so good in this tech stuff)

A:Boosting wifi signal

No, your question is valid 100%, it isnt stupid. The only downside about 5GHz, is its range. The 2.4GHz band has been around longer and the 5GHz one is still an emerging technology. I had a dual band router in the past before I switched to an ISP that forces their own router on your, and I noticed no noticeable difference in performance. The 2.4GHz is fine for any average user. I would distribute the more heavily used to devices to the 2.4GHz band since it is more consistant. the 5GHz band can be used for any device that is connection heavy (Skype calling, etc.). Keep in mind though, a lot of computers and devices still dont support the 5GHz band, you will notice this when you search for routers/connections on your devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boosting-wifi-signal.192756/
Relevancy 66.22%

Apologies if question has been asked before.

I have a router in my garden den approx 40 yards down the garden, I have Ethernet cable from the router up to the house terminating into a 4 port powered switch, so that I can connect my laptop, and I am very happy with what I have done so far, but alas my mobile phone & tablet require Wifi, and the signal from the den in the garden through 2 walls & 2 trees and lots of shrubbery and finally when it gets to the living room the signal is quite weak, any ideas, I am willing to change the 4 port powered switch, but to what, I need help in purchasing the right bit of kit, as always your thoughts most appreciated.

A:Need help in boosting my Wifi signal.

I read a neat (and cheap) trick. Build your own reflector using a tin coffee or beverage can.
Cut the top off completely, cut 9/10ths of the bottom off.
then cut down the side (opposite of the remaining 1/10 on the bottom)
Spread the sides open to form the reflector. use the bottom as the base (the 1/10 still connected on the bottom holds it all together)

Point the concave reflector towards the living room.

I know.... it sounds cheesy, but it works! Or spend the money for a real booster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/231266-need-help-boosting-my-wifi-signal.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay I live in a pretty old apartment building now We get quot free WiFi quot but the signal is not very strong though my computer constantly tells me I have five bars Boosting WiFi Signal or an quot excellent quot signal strength Boosting WiFi Signal Now usually the signal is strong enough to go smoothly for most videos sites and games Now there are a few games that I play that slow my connection down a bit and one that slows it down a good deal Being in an old building we don t have much of a way to Boosting WiFi Signal get our own personal connection as far as I know me being computer illiterate and all but I do have my own wireless router I was wondering if I could somehow use that to pick up the signal they are giving off and boost it in my room for better connection speeds for gaming and overall use I do have an ethernet cable that can hook up from the router to my laptop if that can help you help me out Again being computer illiterate I won t be able to follow hard to follow instructions so if anyone could please help me with this and explain in a somewhat easy to understand manner I d be eternally grateful nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello hope someone can help me, my brother is currently serving abroad with the military and is fortunate enough to be on a base that has wifi access. Trouble is there is that many people using it he is only able to load msn home page during his off time.

He always has full signal strenghth and has and acer aspire (not sure of the model at the minute) with a built in wifi card. His only problem is it is so slow and will time out rather than open anything other than the home page.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

A:Help with boosting internet speed via a wifi hotspot

I doubt he can increase it If there is limited bandwidth and soo many people are using it, then it will likely go slow
Suggest to him he should go on when theres not many people browsing etc., Night?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-boosting-internet-speed-via-a-wifi-hotspot.656557/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have computers and they are both doing this I know it is not hardware It will reach and I will have to restart cause it will freeze I have attached the attach txt file as well as rootrepeal l ark txt og file DDSDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C FW Kaspersky Internet Security disabled C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C windows system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC windows System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exesvchost exesvchost exeC windows system spoolsv exeC windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield boosting 5 100% to about keeps min CPU after UpdateService ISUSPM exeC windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exesvchost exeC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC windows system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC CPU keeps boosting to 100% after about 5 min Program Files CPU keeps boosting to 100% after about 5 min Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC windows system wscntfy CPU keeps boosting to 100% after about 5 min exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtblfs exeC Program Files TechSmith Camtasia Studio CamRecorder exeC Program Files TechSmith Camtasia Studio TSCHelp exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeEnC exeC Documents and Settings User Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www live comBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO IEVkbdBHO Class ab -e d - f -a a - fa cca c - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security ievkbd dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO FilterBHO Class e cf -d - a- f - f a f - c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security klwtbbho dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dlluRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduleruRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun Messenger Yahoo quot c progra yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quietuRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundmRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbamgui exe quot starttraymRun AVP quot c program files kaspersky lab kaspersky internet security avp exe quot ... Read more

A:CPU keeps boosting to 100% after about 5 min

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.[We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287687/cpu-keeps-boosting-to-100-after-about-5-min/
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a dial up connection and my ISP is SDCCU. (sandiego county credit union):no: and its Okay for gaming cause i got a fast computer but isnt there a way to boost the speeds by turning off unnessary options? i tried to do that but my setting keep changing back to original form, is there a way to make peremanent changes? anyone plz help!

A:boosting your ISP?!

Could you be more specific about what "options" you're referring to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boosting-your-isp-6940.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok, I've heard of ready boost on Vista and 7 that uses flash drives to boost RAM on your computer, is there any way of doing a similar thing on XP? Or perhaps connecting to a laptop to borrow it's RAM etc?

Relevancy 43.86%

I play BF2 and i was wondering if anyone had any tips for me to boost my FPS that does not require spending any money.

i have my vid card driver updated
I close all background apps when i play

what else?

A:Boosting my FPS?

It may help if you post your system specs, to give someone here an idea of what your setup can do.

Failing that though, the choice seems to be between playability and resolution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-my-fps.559683/
Relevancy 43.86%

Im getting 30-50 FPS on Counter Strike Source, can anyone tell me a way to boost FPS, besides the typical things they tell you on STEAM support.?

A:Boosting FPS?

what video card are you using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-fps.568994/
Relevancy 43.43%

This is quite a hard topic to place, but it suppose it suits Multimedia best.
Windows 7 / generic audio jack headset(s) / Creative SB Audigy sound card;
Having difficulty with my microphone input being unusably quiet.
The default windows +20 db boost is active, and Windows' mic level is all the way to 100 - my sound card offers seemingly no option to modify the mic level independantly. Is that one 20db boost the only feature available to me natively in terms of boosting mic input? Any 3rd party software that will easily achieve a similar effect?
Will be happy to answer any questions if need be - thanks for your potential assistance.

A:Microphone boosting

Hiya!

I have tried finding a 3ed part software for you to use because your Os seems to be configured correctly thought i have come to realize that nowadays almost all microphones have a built-in amplifier. Using mic boost will generate loads of distortion... and wont help you at all..my ebst suggestion would be purchasing a new mic, i think yours i simply dead.

best of luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-boosting.964667/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello. I was wondering... are there any tools to give Celeron processors a speed boost? I was recently having speed problems with certain programs, and would really appreciate some help.

* The Celeron I have is an older model with 128KB of L2 cache. The processor speed is 2500mhZ on an Intel i845G mobo, made by ASUS (dont remember model name)

A:Boosting CPU Performance

There are a few programs that allow to overclock in windows, athough they are very old and not updated. Beacuse the author was only trying to accomplish that. So you best bet is to go into bios and do it.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Best of Luck...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boosting-cpu-performance.46713/
Relevancy 43.43%

My router's signal doesnt reach well downstairs it shows low signal (as it is upstairs) how do i make it so my computer downstairs will get a stronger wireless signal?

A:Boosting Router

repeat the wireless with a repeater (use another router in the mid-way.. perhaps by the stairs and repeat the signal..
I have 3 router in my house.. which allows me to share the same signal everywhere and even in the garden..

Extending WLAN Range with Repeaters - www.wi-fiplanet.com
there are lots of tutorials for that.. just depending on what model of router you gona use..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/273804-boosting-router.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Not sure if this is the right part of the boards for this, but here goes.

I recently aquired a nice set of headphones I want to use with my computer, except my speakers don't have a headphone jack, and when I plug the headphones directly into the computer the volume is so low, I can barely hear it. (This is with all of the volume settings set to max in the windows mixer)

Is there a way to raise the volume more then that so that I can use my headphones, or will I need to buy new speakers that have a headphone jack?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-volume.103916/
Relevancy 43.43%

Valve system is kinda awkward for new players it only allows you to play 2 games per day until you get your first rank. So if you don't like wasting one week just to get ranked, you can check our csgo boosting  section and chose your preferred CSGO Ranked Accounts.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/csgo-boosting/td-p/5805173
Relevancy 43.43%

I have access to wireless at work (on my own laptop), but the signal is too weak from my location.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Boosting Wireless

I sent the following to a friend in an e-mail recently. I've copied it here for you:

Play both videos on this page:
http://www.2pointhome.com/articles/view/42959

You get the idea. The larger the parabola, the better (to a point); but, the larger the parabola the longer the curve and the greater the distance behind the antenna it needs to be.

Example:
http://binarywolf.com/249/parabolic.htm

Don't laugh. The basic principles of radio wave propagation can be carried out with the cheapest of materials. It is the durability under adverse conditions that demands durable materials and design.

Not a parabola; but, maybe even more efficient:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1049996/10_wifi_super_antenna/

Scroll down to see the pictures. The device in the strainer is a USB-type network adapter. This can be used at the computer to gain better signal from the wireless router:
http://www.dailywireless.com/features/home-made-wifi-antenna-060107/

In this one, you're looking at the back of a desktop computer and his wireless card is inside the curve of the sheet metal, the small blue thing sticking out of the back of the computer. The wireless router is upstairs, thus the orientation of the curve in the sheet metal:
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/gallery/basement_wifi.jpg

Crude but it works. An advantage of using something like this is that it lets you adjust the curve, positioning and distance for greatest gain. Watch the signal bars on the receiving unit, usually a wireless laptop--or desktop:
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/gallery/OneSoup.JPG

And if you want to really get creative, get a lot of signal boost and spend a day or two:
http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/15/how-to-build-a-wifi-biquad-dish-antenna/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-wireless.735753/
Relevancy 43.43%

So i tried playing CoD2 single player and turns out that the game is really laggy.

I have a Geforce 6200
Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz

I don't know what else is important but i have a Dell Dimension E310.
When i play cod 2, i play with all settings on low, and i make sure i shut down all background applications, but still the game is very laggy.

I looked up why it was so laggy, and i found this
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=17673

but it has so much "computer language" that i am completely cluelesss on what to do... can anybody help?

A:Boosting CoD2 FPS

TRY SETTING:
rendering method directx 7 this is the main problem probably
aspect ratio auto
bilinear
anti aliasing off
synch every frame off
soften smoke edges off
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-cod2-fps.565013/
Relevancy 43.43%

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some helpful advice with boosting performance such as maybe some good tweaks.Here are my system specs.

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.0 cpu Prescott core
2X 512 DDR Dual channel Kingston ram
BFG Geforce 6800 gt
Cable internet
2X 80g hard drives in raid 0
antec 550w psu

A:Boosting performance?

safezone said:

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some helpful advice with boosting performance such as maybe some good tweaks.Here are my system specs.

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.0 cpu Prescott core
2X 512 DDR Dual channel Kingston ram
BFG Geforce 6800 gt
Cable internet
2X 80g hard drives in raid 0
antec 550w psuClick to expand...

Get some Viagra!

Sorry couldn't help it! With that rig, you've got it pretty well nailed--just do the usual--virus scans, eliminate spyware, degrag, etc. I can't imagine anything but the most outrageously intensive games would slow the beast down you've got!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-performance.398411/
Relevancy 43%

I have a router at one end of the house and the other end is just out of reach of the signal, 10-15 ft. away. Moving the router is not an option nor is a new router. What would you recommend to strengthen the signal? Thanks in advance.

A:Boosting Wireless Strength

Hi:Take a look at this thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/798283-hi-my-first-post-wireless.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-wireless-strength.989744/
Relevancy 43%

Hey I got an older computer that I want to see if I can't make a little better without having to buy a new computer for another year or half year...I got a Dell Inspiron 531 a few years back, put some extra ram in it and added a shitty graphics card. Point is, it was fine for games when I got it. But now its lacking the power to run most new games(Big Suprise!!...not really) Anyways, being a dell with their annoying power supplies it's a pain to change them for a better graphics card, would it be worth it to get new processor to boost the computers power a bit. If so..Could you make some recommendations on which to buy.
Here is some of the computer specs right now, let me know what you think
http://twitpic.com/4darud

Relevancy 43%

Hello everybody
I have a question
Actually I need a program that I do not know is there any program like this or not but I heard there is something like this for Linux but I am not sure about Windows.
I am using the internet in my university and university limited download speed for every system up to 100 KB/S. I heard there is a program which can introduce my system to the router as 10 or more systems so I can download with 10x100 KB/S
I will appreciate if you let me know is there any program to do that.

A:boosting internet speed

Quote: Originally Posted by Mohammad2mt

Hello everybody
I have a question
Actually I need a program that I do not know is there any program like this or not but I heard there is something like this for Linux but I am not sure about Windows.
I am using the internet in my university and university limited download speed for every system up to 100 KB/S. I heard there is a program which can introduce my system to the router as 10 or more systems so I can download with 10x100 KB/S
I will appreciate if you let me know is there any program to do that.

We cant help you with something to bypass the University's network policy. I suggest you tailor your needs to theirs, or ask them if it can be modified.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/167129-boosting-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a wireless card built in to my laptop. I live right next door to my office which has a wireless access point. Right next door means, i am approx. 75- 100 feet away. When I connect I can only get a "very low" signal strength. Is there a way to boost this with an antenna or something external?

A:boosting signal strength

Depends on the wireless access point. For example, I have a Linksys WRT54G. I put the router with new 9dB antennas next to the wall so I can access the WAP from next door. I get an excellent signal both next door, and in the room with the router.

Courtney sends....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-signal-strength.531997/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone.

I have a microphone, and it is very quiet. I have the Recording Volume set to its max, and Microphone Boost set to +30.0 db (max).

Is there anything else or a program that I could use to bring the microphone's volume even higher? This is used for a live broadcast.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boosting-microphone-volume-304152.html
Relevancy 43%

I was wondering if you have any tips on boosting my wireless router's signal?

Relevancy 43%

I have a wireless belkin adapter card to for one of my computers to connect to the internet wirelessly. I don't get a great signal strength up in my room though so i was wondering if there is a way to boost the signal strenght without buying one of those signal boosters. If there isn't a way does anyone have any suggestions on to a specific signal booster i should buy?

Thanks,
Steven

Relevancy 43%

Well, I am hoping you like my unusual gift ideas for kids. With Holiday arising, it really is time for you to prepare. At the same time, whilst the gift is enjoyable, why don't you it be a "Brain Booster" reward at the same time?

http://healthrxpuregarcinia.com/neuroelite/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dbdc2998-20a8-4d48-850c-889f0ca1dd6b/a-brain-boosting-supplement-for-all?forum=LCDS
Relevancy 43%

My computer is slow during searchingweb and frozen a lot of time. I suspected that it was infected by malware. I used CA yahoo antispy and found nothing. After google search I got Vundofix nad it found a lot of .dll need to be removed. After rebossting now my window keep boosting and reboost nonstop. I tried to boost it in safe mode but the problem keeps going with reboosting nonstop. Please help. Thanks

A:Window XP keeps boosting nonstop

hello & welcome to TSF,

are you getting any BSOD ( Blue Screens Of Death) ?

if you are what you need to do is write down the code so we can give you the right advice

it sounds like you have a corrupt software installation

when you do try to go into safe mode do you see the option to select (do not restart on system errors ) this will enable you to see the BSOD and the error code that we will need

get back to us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/window-xp-keeps-boosting-nonstop-232703.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a wireless router which is upstairs in my house, as I have a PC in my studio there that only has a LAN connection so it is attached to one of the four ports on the router by a wireless cable.

I also work downstairs in my dining room and want to use the wireless facility on my laptop, however the signal downstairs is often poor and keeps dropping intermittently. What can be done to boost the wireless signal? The router pretty much has to stay upstairs due to the PC having no wireless card...

All of the PC's/laptops at home are running Windows XP SP3 if that is relevant... thanks for reading!

Relevancy 43%

Hello all you tech savvy people out there, I was hoping I could get some information on free AV and malware protection. I currently use Malwarebytes for Anti malware, and I was wondering if I should run an AV also, and if so what should i use? Any help would be appreciated.
On further note, im also looking to boost my laptop performance, it seems to be running slow lately, and I was wondering if there was something I could do to fix this.
Thank you.

A:Help with AV and boosting my laptop speed.

Yes, run either MSE or Avast in addition to Malwarebytes.

Provide more detailed specifications of your laptop:
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/306537-help-av-boosting-my-laptop-speed.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a customer who would like to setup wireless across two buildings We ve tried a couple of things including a large directional dish which improved the signal dramatically But it still Boosting wireless signal? isn t good enough I have seen signal boosters but Boosting wireless signal? they often say quot for Boosting wireless signal? use only with blah brand router quot etc Can boosters be used with ANY wireless router Or do they have to be manufacturer specific I cannot find a booster specific to this model router I have also been told that access points can act as signal boosters but I ve yet to get this idea to work Is this possible I ve tried playing with options etc My thought was to add a signal booster near a window and be done with it but I can t find a signal booster Then I was told I could use an access point as a signal booster but I do not see how The current sitaution is there is a building at the bottom of a hill router access point location There is also a building at the top of the hill Signal must reach here The signal reaches through the windows and certain parts of the buildling but is extremely poor quality and spotty at best nbsp

A:Boosting wireless signal?

Look at the WiFi Indoor Wlan Signal Booster made by Nublu Technologies.
You can buy it e.g. at http://www.adslresource.co.uk for about 100.-

The test-results say it can be used with D-Link, BenQ, Belkin and Netgear wireless equipment. The gain achieved is about 30% (e.g. 20 metres an a reach of 60 meters for a good access point), only works on 802.11b and g.

The article also stated that a similar or better signal improvement could be gotten with the help of a tin can or even a Pringles can. Unfortunately they did not say HOW such a can was used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boosting-wireless-signal.10410/
Relevancy 43%

What is the easiest way to but the wireless signal from a wireless router, not enough to get into other rooms in the appartment. The router is a year old.
What do you recomend that is easy on the wallet, and simple to install

Relevancy 43%

Hi there,

Is it possible to have two wireless routers on my home network, one downstairs and one upstairs? I have a studio, where my wireless router is situated, the reason being that I need to connect to the LAN port so that I can stream my radio broadcasts through a desktop PC.

However I also work downstairs in the dining room but the connection is often terrible (sometimes 5.5Mbps, sometimes even 2 or 1Mbps).

My question is, can I have a second wireless router downstairs, or is there another appliance I can buy to boost the signal, by plugging it into my telephone socket downstairs?

If not what tips do people have to get a better level of coverage across the whole of the house?

Thanks for reading!

Relevancy 43%

Hi, i have a dell inspiron 1501 the speakers driver is called sigmatel audio.

i have been searching the internet for some software that will allow me to boost my speakers above max for a while now.

i cannot find the software to do this but i have heard people speaking about it etc.

so does anyone know how i can boost my speakers above max.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-speaker-volume-above-max.760565/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I ve been looking into ways to boost wireless signal Wireless Range - Boosting advice need so I can pick up wireless signal from my neighbors yes I have permission to join their network The reason I need a decent way to boost signal is because their house is about meters away from me here I have come up with a couple of ideas but I just want to know what people think of the idea and weather it would be effective enough or not st Idea Pass the wireless signal through a wireless signal amplifier then onto a directional wireless antenna Here are two products I have looked at Amplifier http cgi ebay com au ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem Boosting Wireless Range - need advice amp item or http cgi ebay com au ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem Boosting Wireless Range - need advice amp item Directional Antenna http cgi ebay com au - GHz- dBi- rs Networking Accessories amp hash item ae e b So I would run a USB cable to one of those signal amplifiers then run a coaxial cable to the wireless directional antenna to point in the direction of the neighbors Would this be an effective solution Or would it not give me the results I need I have also looked at a more drastic solution of buying a Satellite Dish and replacing the signal transmitter with the directional wireless antenna I ve attached an image outlining what I would do in this instance Once again would this be effective nbsp

A:Boosting Wireless Range - need advice

Hi, I've been looking into ways to boost wireless signal so I can pick up wireless signal from my neighbors (yes I have permission to join their network).Click to expand...

You may have permission from the neighbours , but they will be breaking the ISP T&Cs they signed up to - the majority of ISP in the western world have clauses that talk about premises and that the ISP is only supplying to one premises unless its a very specific business service and then extremly expensive

so I'm afraid this does go against the rules here for wifi piggybacking
and i will close

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-wireless-range-need-advice.969817/
Relevancy 42.57%

I need to know the good and bad things of a baspeed
and the ways to install it

I need to know the bad things and good things about Ram Booster
and the ways to install it

i want to know the good and bad things of Ram cleaner
and ways to install it

i need to know the good and bad things and bad things of the acelarator
and ways to install it

A:Questions about 4 performance boosting software

most performance software is crap.
However, ebooster does offer minimal improvement provided you have a FAST thumb drive. I use the beta version.
also read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53669.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-about-4-performance-boosting-software.116557/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi new here I flew to Barcelona a couple weeks ago and returned a few days later and had a bad cold and have obtained blockages in my Eustachian tubes from both ears Vista boosting volume sound and have therefore gone quite deaf albiet temporaraly Doc says up to months to recover anyway I m therefore Vista sound volume boosting struggling to hear anything its like having well fitting earplugs or the sound lost experienced during decent in a plane including my music While being quite deaf gives me a good excuse to ignore someone who is irritating me I love music as most people do I have good battery powered wireless headphones batteries not low and have tried plugging them into my Toshiba vista laptop which I use for all my work and most personal stuff although I get a slightly better volume plugged into my xp media centre file server it s still not loud enough My speakers are brilliant but due to living in a shared house I cannot blast my music through them at am while I m working Does anyone have a suggestion on any software that may allow me to boost the volume on either my xp machine or vista lappy I need my fix and a couple of months without will drive me crazy Also as a footnote I must say I m disappointed with Vista it came with home premium was thinking of upgrading to ultimate but am now thinking of reverting to xp my Vista sound volume boosting new lappy with gig ram and core duo was bought for work of many types but am struggling to get basic things like photoshop and quicktime to work properly Not what I expected after laying out so much cash for such a nice machine I ve therefore advised all my clients against upgrading at the moment Wish i d bought an x mac lappy now Cheers anyway Ben nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sound-volume-boosting.553612/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have finally just got broadband set up in our new house. We are with AOL, and so am using the router they sent (D-LINK). We have a laptop that works ok, but the signal on the desktop PC is constantly either 'Low' or 'Very Low', and so often doesn't work very well (or very slowly). I installed a Netgear WG311 PCI wireless adaptor into this desktop.

The modem is in the only place it can be, due to the location of the telephone socket.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to anything I can buy that may help to boost the signal at all?

Thanks very much!

Hilary

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, is there any wayto boost the sound volume in Windows 8 over the default maximum? I'm open tothird-party programs to help with this also.

A:Boosting sound over the default maximum

If these are external speakers do they have their own volume control?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/56285-boosting-sound-over-default-maximum.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a laptop and it runs pretty slowly sometimes It has only MB ram but I don t see why that would be an excuse for it running soooo slow I run Ad-aware plus the paid version on a regular safely Boosting computer speed basis I use diskeeper for disk defragmenting and Registry Mechanic to clean out my registry I recently downloaded a free ram flusher but iit doesn t seem to help much I m also protected by Norton AntiVirus Zone Alarm Pro and whatever meager FireWall protection RoadRunner offers along with PcPitstop Optimize and Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta Sometimes an error pops up when Boosting computer speed safely I m shutting down It says somethig like quot windows sink something something Is not responding etc etc I wish I Boosting computer speed safely could repeat the error message ver batim but it only happens occasionally Also my FireFox seems to run slowly with Java applications Is there anything I can do about that I ll post this on another topic later One other Boosting computer speed safely thing I asked a couple weeks ago if theres any way I can get sound through Java in FireFox Someone told me it s not possible and that I have to wait for Mozilla to fix it Is that true Thanks in advance for any help you can give Sincerely Mr Binante quot Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet quot

A:Boosting computer speed safely

Overclocking is never a "safe" activity. To overclock, one must be willing to accept the hazards of such including shorter life and occasional burnout of the processor if you exceed the max limits it was manufactured to operate under.Some of the "hobbyist" or "game" priority motherboards already have some degree of overclocking processes built in so they do so automatically.I would research thoroughly and become expert before I traveled that path. You could do irreparable damage to your processor and motherboard.By the way - I don't believe ram managers do anything worthwhile for an XP machine. The op system is more capable of regulating ram than third party code is.It looks like you could use some web based scans (requires IE not Firefox)Web based online Antivirus and anti-malware scans: (these can be run regardless of whatever else you are using. You must use Internet Explorer to run these.)Panda Activescan (IE only)http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/co...n_principal.htmTrend Micro antivirus and malware scan:http://housecall-beta.trendmicro.com/en/st...orp.asp?id=scanEtrust Anti-virus web scannerhttp://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxKaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scannerhttp://www.kaspersky.com/service?chapter=161739400#betatestand - some additional anti-malware programs:Anti-malware freeware (You can run as many of these as you wish. Unlike resident AV programs like Norton, McAfee, etc generally exhibit no conflict between these and you should always run several)AdAware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/Microsoft Antispyware Beta: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspxSpywareBlaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.htmlSpybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.htmlMicrosoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (Win XP and Win 2000):http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspxThis one for coolwebsearch and some additional nasties:CWShredder from InterMuteCW Shredder removes some variants of spyware known as the Coolwebsearch Trojan. The Trojan takes advantage of a flaw in a key component of Windows -- Microsoft's version of the Java Virtual Machine -- to install itself via popups often found on porn and illegal software (a.k.a. "warez") sites. Run CWShredder after installing, and have it look for updates. Then click the "Fix" button, and the program will both scan and fix any problems it finds. If your system does not have this kind of spyware, it will give you the good news.Cost: Freehttp://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshr...r_download.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19908/boosting-computer-speed-safely/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all, I just bought an acreage about 20km from the nearest portable wireless internet provider. What I want to do is boost the range of the portable unit(will be either Rogers or Sympatico). How would I go about it? I was thinking I would get a dish to focus it in the general direction of the tower. The lay of the land is pretty flat. Is there any suggestions on how to do something of the sort. Oh I'm not against satellite internet but it's pricy, so I'm looking for something a little less costly per month.

A:long range signal boosting

20 KM is a long way to be pushing wireless. I don't think there is an inexpensive way. Talk to your provider. Put up a small tower. They are not real expensive. Your provider can probably make suggestions. We have them every mile out here in the desert to make the relays work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-range-signal-boosting.73693/
Relevancy 42.57%

A long time ago I posted here with a problem that I had with an nVidia card It would skip horribly mess up the animation and turn things red Many people came to me with solutions none of them helped at all So I went to return the card when I did They mentioned that nVidia cards sometimes have a problem with certain motherboards They said quot Try an ATI see how it works for you quot So now I am using an ATI Radeon MB DDR I went to quot the darkside quot as nVidia users would call it But I Performance... Boosting Card Video am very happy with my new card works prefectly Except for two things Games skip on a predefined basis like every seconds Also it garbles the colors on Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition Otherwise it works fine So basically I just want any suggestions on boosting the performance of the card Note- I already tried reducting hardware acceleration Any suggestions would Boosting Video Card Performance... be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Check this Article!!!

http://usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/

Certainly will solve any range problem! And is cost effective!

A:To 4Steve44, re: boosting wireless range!

Whoa! I gonna have to try some of those

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-4steve44-re-boosting-wireless-range.348984/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I have a pc running windows 7 pro 64 bit. I am wondering why everytime I turn it on with my portable drive plugged in, it would attempt to boost from that drive and give me an error. I have checked the boost order and did not see anything strange in the setting. This is a picture that I took (ADATA CH11 is the portable drive in question- there are other thumb drives plugged in too but they do not cause any problems).

http://postimg.org/image/5md2cngk3/

can someone take a look at this for me? Many thanks!

PS: inside that portable drive I copied the C drive of my old vista computer and put it in a folder- I do not think it causes the issue but just in case...

A:windows keep boosting up from portable drive

Double check you boot order.

Please complete this tutorial by Golden.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391990-windows-keep-boosting-up-portable-drive.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I don't really know where this should be placed but I am running an older computer playing Star trek Online and Id like some advice on how to boost my game play id like advice on what I can do to rid myself of unnecessary programs know what to remove from the task manager to help with game play I'm not sure what else I'd just like to make this pc the best possible for game playing and I'm much a boosting with Help performance?? and game playing noob at all this System Information report written at System Name DELL-GB B JG System Summary Item Value Help with game playing and boosting performance?? OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build Help with game playing and boosting performance?? OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DELL-GB B JG System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dimension E Help with game playing and boosting performance?? System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Dell Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version xpsp - User Name DELL-GB B JG test Time Zone Central Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:Help with game playing and boosting performance??

Not sure what kind of video card you may have, but that would be a good place to start. I am not sure what exact Processor or memory type you have, but you have 4 GB of it. The biggest boost you can get while keeping the same computer is finding a better compatible video card (which your card may be an AGP connection type). Do you have a third party video card already?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550825/help-with-game-playing-and-boosting-performance/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys, i got a fast simple question. So when i play with a friend Call of Duty Advanced Warfare over Skype, and he starts his game, the boosting lvl goes from 30dB+ to 60dB+ wich blows my ears almost each time. We did tick off the "Allow Full Control" option in the Mic settings menu, but YET it does override it somehow. How do i fix it so no stupid program again can take control over the mic settings again UNLESS i do it manually? Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/68686-call-duty-aw-boosting-mic-without-permission.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Guys,

I lately noticed some system impact with GlassWire installed (Qihoo 360 Compagnion). Therefore, I think about not reinstalling it.

Will Windows 10 Firewall be enough, as GlassWire is more an network monitor i guess? It does not enhance / replace the standardized Windows Firewall AFAIK?

I also plan to install the free Voodoo Shield, I came across this lately. Is the free version good enough? What are the real benefits from the paid version (I've read the comparison on their page).

Thank you very much in advance for your input

My System is already equipped as stated here:

Der.Reisende Sec 2015

A:Boosting PC Security - Voodoo Shield + Glasswire

As far as I know Glasswire only monitors so, its useless for me. Voodoo Shield worked fine for awhile & then acted up on my Win7 PC so I uninstalled it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/boosting-pc-security-voodoo-shield-glasswire.50616/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using windows 8.1 on my laptop having an i5 processor, 2GB graphics card and 8GB DDR 3 RAM.

I am experiencing slow startup and shut downs of my laptop. I want to disable certain services from autorunning. This will help me in speeding up my machine.
Using Technet's systeinternals app, I did analysis of my laptop and found the following entries. I ran sfc /scannow in both normal and safe modes and found nothing
I don't want to mess with AMD radeon and right click context menu entries. They are the services that I used regularly.
This image is made out of 15 stitched screenshots that I took.
Here is the link to the image. It is a very high resolution image therefore I did not embed here in my post.
http://i.imgur.com/IANsJeO.jpg

Which of the services can I safely disable without damaging my operating system?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75562-disabling-autorun-services-hence-boosting-performance.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I want to boost the level of sound coming from my work computer without buying new speakers out of my own pocket.

(I'm not talking about music audio CDs, but am speaking of streaming video or audio/video clips on the internet that I want to hear better)

Is there a program that I can install that will boost the sound level, please?

Relevancy 42.14%

ok so heres the stroy i loved team fortress 2 on xbox so thought well the pc one has go to be some much better so i trundled on my way got the orange box (via steam) and cant get in any games and the one i have been in was overly lagged now i know its my laptop thats the problem becuase i ran a framerate check using half life 2 : the lost coast and apparently i was getting 3FPS if anyone can help please send me an email cause chances are i wont be able to find this again : snakey866 @ live.com thanks just hoping i havent wasted 20

A:Urgent help boosting framerate possibly I'm not really sure what the problem is

If you post the specifications of your laptop, I'm sure someone around here, possibly myself, will be able to assist you further

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-boosting-framerate-possibly-im-not-really-sure-what-the-problem-is.122624/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a HP Pavillion with GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 mobo chipset and ALC 888S chipset Realtek HD audio. I was having issues with a game and so I pulled my SB Live 5.1 out of my other computer and installed it. Soon I realized they were not compatible but found Eugene Gavrilov's KX project and all was realatively well. Now I have pulled out that card (so I can utilize front inputs and reset issues with kx mixer) but became spoiled by KX mixer's higher db sound output. I am using K-Lite codec pack and mostly it uses ffdshow but not always. Is there a universal mixer program that will amplify all codecs? I have looked at ac97 but would prefer to keep my codec library as small as possible and I'm not sure if it comes with a GUI mixer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boosting-sound-from-media-player.855461/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a wireless network set up in my home. The problem I am having is that I'm not getting a strong signal on my two computers I have upstairs. I was wondering if there is any way in boosting my signal or if you can recomend a good booster antenna.

A:Solved: Need some input on boosting wireless signal....

There are many hi-gain antennas, here's a place to start your search. http://www.hdcom.com/2.4ghzantennas.html

The selection of the antenna will depend on the exact nature of the positioning of the respective wireless units.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-some-input-on-boosting-wireless-signal.381113/
Relevancy 42.14%

I live in a three story house and upstairs we don't get the best signal, so we were going to buy an extra antenna. We're looking at this one http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/D-Li...34925/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

but I just wanted to get some basic info on these. How well do they work? Is it a good way to not spend a ton of money in boosting wireless signal? Any other info would be great. Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

good day all,I am using a hp elitebook 8460p intel core i5 runing on a windows 7 ultimate (64 bit), intel HD graphic 3000, with a 4gb RAM and a 500gb hard disk... but i cant play graphical games on it.... was checking and realised the Dedicated Video Ram was showing 64mb which is just not right since the Total Available Graphic Memory is 1696mb,  the System video memory 0mb and the Shared System Memory is 1632mb. please help adviceon how to boost or increase this.thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Boosting-Dedicated-Video-Ram-on-my-HP-elitebook-8460p/td-p/5852973
Relevancy 41.28%

I am using required-disabling Advice performance boosting services hence autorun windows on my laptop having an i processor GB graphics card and GB DDR RAM I know this is a windows forums but my problem is a general one - slow startup and shut downs of machines I want to disable certain services from autorunning This will help me in speeding up my machines Using Technet's systeinternals app I did analysis of my laptop and found the following entries I ran sfc scannow in both normal and safe modes and found nothing I don't want to mess with AMD radeon and right click context menu entries They are the services that I used regularly This image is made out of stitched screenshots that I took Here is the link to the image It is a very high resolution image therefore I did not embed here in my post http i imgur com IANsJeO jpg Which of the services can I safely disable without damaging my operating system I found no errors when I checked my drives by going to properties gt tools gt error checking I also found no errors when I ran memory diagnostic tools than run upon restarting Moreover I daily run Ccleaner application to cleanup my temporary files

A:Advice required-disabling autorun services hence boosting performance

Quote: Originally Posted by archz2

I am using windows 8.1 on my laptop having an i5 processor, 2GB graphics card and 8GB DDR 3 RAM. I know this is a windows 7 forums but my problem is a general one - slow startup and shut downs of machines. I want to disable certain services from autorunning. This will help me in speeding up my machines.

Press the start button, in the search box type "msconfig" (without the quotes) press Enter. In the context menu that opens right click on msconfig.exe at the top and choose "Run as Administrator". In the window that opens click the "Services" tab. Click the checkbox at the bottom left that says "Hide all Windows services" That wil leave you a list of your services. Decide which ones you really need to open on boot up probably only your Anti Virus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398850-advice-required-disabling-autorun-services-hence-boosting-performance.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that I bought in 2006 and it runs EXTREMELY slow, whether I am on the Internet or just doing basic tasks in Windows or MS Office. It has Windows XP, some basic software (like MS Office), and only a few files (because the hard drive crashed last year, so I only put a few files back on it, after installing the new hard drive). I know it's relatively old, but is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the speed of the computer, without buying additional memory? Any help I can get with increasing the speed will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is a different issue, but sometimes the laptop seems to get too hot (at the bottom) after being on for too long.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell laptop runs extremely slow - need help boosting speed

First, make sure your vents are clear of dust. Heat can cause all kinds of issues. Do you have a cooling pad?

Second, have you scanned for infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-runs-extremely-slow-need-help-boosting-speed.167636/
Relevancy 39.13%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Here is a question I can t seem to find the answer relative to Boosting volume system beep sound volume? other to in the archives How can adjust the volume output from my Windows ME machine with SoundMax Digital Audio so that the volume of the background music I like to listen to via RealOne Player version is quiet but the other important sounds my PC makes like email or calendar notifications are loud enough so I can hear them I ve seemingly tried all Boosting system beep volume relative to other sound volume? combinations of settings for the volume sliders adjustments including The volume knob on my speakers The RealOne Player volume slider The Windows volume control panel quot Volume Control quot slider The WIndows volume control panel quot PC Beep quot slider Even when the quot PC Beep quot volume slide is set to maximum and the quot Volume Control quot slider is set near minimum in the Boosting system beep volume relative to other sound volume? Windows volume control panel the PC beep is virtually inaudible when the background music is acceptably quiet by adjusting the RealOne volume slider and or the volume control on my speakers Am I doing something wrong Is there some other way that I m not thinking of to boost the volume of the system Boosting system beep volume relative to other sound volume? sounds my PC makes while keeping the RealOne music volume low Thanks --Dean nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a small video file made by a video camera while it was held by me. My voice is clearly audible, whereas the person yelling towards me from a few yards away is a much lower volume on the video.
Anyone have suggestions for a good video editor that can boost the harder-to-hear portions of the video, while leaving the interspersed audio of my voice unchanged in volume?
Thanks for any and all help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544902/video-editor-for-boosting-volume-on-portion-of-video/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a small video file made by a video camera while it was held by me. My voice is clearly audible, whereas the person yelling towards me from a few yards away is a much lower volume on the video.

Anyone have suggestions for a good video editor that can boost the harder-to-hear portions of the video, while leaving the interspersed audio of my voice unchanged in volume?

Thanks for any and all help.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/51947-video-editor-boosting-volume-portion-video.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Guys This is Viral I am using an Acer laptop model ASPIRE since the last five years There haven't been much issues with it restor 5100 intel Issues is r as systm installed WiFi link after wifi not d with except for the battery and thats it But recently since last two weeks I noticed that my Wifi would stop blinking after sometime after I start my laptop and then it wouldn't work even when I try to turn on and turn off the Wifi switch it doesn't respond anything I tried searching the net for this issue using my office laptop and found that a system restore would help to solve this issue Since I remembered that I updated Java as well as there was this ad software which got installed and I had unistalled it So I did a system restore and then when I opened the device manager I am not able to see intel r wifi link driver on it I tried restarting my laptop and did everything and couldn't find the driver it was there before Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor the system restore But later on the same day the driver got installed automatically and the WiFi started working but only for a couple of minutes after the restart and then it stopped So I did the system restore again to the date when everything was working perfectly and when i did that again my intel r wifi link driver is not shown on the device manager network adapters I don't if it would automatically get installed or not but its sure Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor that the WiFi issue still be there So can you please help with this issue Help me get the intel r wifi link driver back Help me the solve the WiFi issue as the WiFi light goes Off It would be grateful if any of you guys could help me out this issue since I am applying for further studies and require the internet connection in the night for filling the forms I have the office laptop but all my documents and my Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor software are there in my personal laptop Please help me sir My machine info Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU T GHZ Memory - GB System type - bit operating system Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor

Select Model, Select Operating System, Download your Drivers

There is also a hardware detection tool to assist you.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If the software is listed in add/remove programs; Uninstall it.

If the device is listed in device manager; uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541806/issues-with-wifi-as-intel-r-wifi-link-5100-is-not-installed-after-d-systm-restor/
Relevancy 34.4%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I have recently bought a new pci wifi lan card Ralink rt turbo and have plugged in and installed drivers Initially the drivers the company I bought it from 7 any Ralink WiFi not windows RT61 card, signals wifi Lan receiving told me to install didn't work but after some googling found the correct drivers and downloaded from Ralinks website However these didn't work either When using the Ralink wireless utility it says that the card is disconnected however in device manage it is both connect Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals and the correct drivers installed and everything is perfectly fine I ignored the wireless utility and hoped that windows would still be able to use the wireless card as past experiences have shown to be true This case however I get nothing Windows says that the Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals wireless card is experiencing problems it doesn't show any of the routers that should be shown I have been looking around a lot and there have been several drivers Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals that should have worked and they haven't I would have thought that the antenna is broken or the card doesn't work however when I use it with ubuntu instead of windows it works perfectly fine without any hassle so the card is definitely working Any advice that anyone can give on how to resolve this would be very welcome Thanks Aieden

A:Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals

Have a look at this thread.

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236001-ralink-rt61-wifi-lan-card-windows-7-not-receiving-any-wifi-signals.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 34.4%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 34.4%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 33.97%

So for the past day or so im trying to get the WiFi working on this laptop,didnt succeeded yet. I tryed the f10,f9,f10 ,not working.  HP Wireless Assistant doesnt eaven have any options in it when i instal him. Tryed to manualy instal drivers says its up to date and still not working.Name of the wireless adapter is Railink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter. Hardware IDs:PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280  So any help would be nice.Ty in front,CroMatt  

A:WiFi button not working,WiFi option in mobility center is gr...

Hi To see what drivers are in use, you can try... Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator, and type....  netsh wlan show drivers C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show driversInterface name: WiFi 2    Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Date                      : 21/09/2015    Version                   : 2023.18.814.2015    INF file                  : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem35.inf    Files                     : 2 total                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll    Type                      : Native Wi-Fi Driver    Radio types supported     : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b================================================= netsh wlan show interfaces C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXX1111111    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72 &n... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-button-not-working-WiFi-option-in-mobility-center-is/td-p/5610909
Relevancy 33.97%

'Hello this is my first post here so I am sorry if anything is confusing The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me in order to solve my problem A few days ago my laptop was working perfectly fine But then I turned my Taskbar wifi to turned white and detect unable wifi computer off the next day everything started up as normal with Windows Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then the network connecter won't automatically start So I was left without internet for a bit Whats more I noticed that the taskbar which was always semi-transparent before is now white As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open turned into blue Is computer Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi has always ran Windows as far as I am aware but e way the taskbar and the title bars are behaving reminds me of windows xp I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel and tried to quot Connect to a network quot But it didn't detect any wifi servers Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used and I am using wifi on that server at this moment When I tried to use troubleshoot on my quot internet connections quot it first showed me that the issue was quot The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running quot but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again it doesn't show any problems detected And with the problem of the taskbar I tried to search solutions and found some I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on quot personalize quot And my sources tol me to select an aero theme However all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out and I am unable to select any of them The only theme that I am able to select is my quot unsaved theme quot which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it and the bottom which is the white portion and has a black bar across it All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now would somebody please help me Alnost all other programs are functioning fine but the wifi Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi is not connecting Oh and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness All help are thanked BTW I wrote this on my iPad mini

A:Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

i just received my new PC with a brand new Gigabyte UD3H Wifi motherboard and a HD7950 GPU.

I installed all the drivers available from the Gigabyte website for some reason the wifi function simply does not work. Also, the screen plugged into the 7950 works fine but the other screen connected into the motherboard gets the message "no signal detected".
How can i fix this?

A:Gigabyte UD3H Wifi doesn't detect WiFi or second screen

Also, when I try to install the VGA drivers from gigabyte, I get the message "PC does not meet minimum requirements"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254155-gigabyte-ud3h-wifi-doesnt-detect-wifi-second-screen.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am considering using a powerline system to give me additional wifi cover, but I am unclear how the available wifi connection is protected. They make a great deal of encrypting the traffic over the power circuit, but no mention is made of protecting the wifi connection. Surely, the risk with these is the same as with a wireless router?

Anyone got any experience of this?

A:Wifi over Powerline - security - e.g. Devolo dLAN 500 Mbps WiFi

They did a review of it here Devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Review | Expert Reviews.

In the review they mention it comes with a default password that you can change later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310448-wifi-over-powerline-security-e-g-devolo-dlan-500-mbps-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys So what i'm trying to do is create a hotspot computer wifi built-in with Wifi card. Creating wifi hotspot using my computer In other words turning my computer into a router I'm wanting to do this so i can use my ipod at home instead of only when i'm around other wifi hotspots My computer Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card. is running off of a wired router so that i can play online on my PS as well I was told wifi doesn't work well with Ps 's normally so i just bought a wired router So the mainline internet cord is plugged into a wired router and then another line runs into my computer For some reason after i make an adhoc connection the computer is not sending the required information to the iPod so that it connects to the internet I've tried entering in the information into the Static tab in my ipod as well and still only get Local Connection instead of Local and Internet This is what my connection looks like through the router using ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kyle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Crommy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twinvalley net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -BA-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B- -F -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f aed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December Cromwel l Lease Expires Tuesday December Cromwe ll Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- D- - A- - B- -F -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description isatap twinvalley net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B C D -A E - DF -BEA -BC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fe b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes now when i look at other people's ipconfig all they do not have any of theese quot tunnel adapters quot as i have not sure if that has anything to do with it or not thanks for any and all tips

A:Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card.

Hi Cromsy,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. You are connected to the router fine with your computer, but that tells us nothing about the ipod because wireless is off (but that's not the whole story either - you need something extra to do what you want). The following article should tell you what you need and how to do it: How to Connect iPod Touch to Windows 7 Ad-hoc Wireless Network. Although it says Windows 7, there are procedures for Vista as well (and the software will work with Vista).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286359-creating-wifi-hotspot-built-computer-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Dear Forum nbsp I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who nbsp have been dealing with nbsp a similar problem to me and I believe I nbsp have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far nbsp I have a Compaq Presario CQ - SA Notebook lost 480SA 10 ... - install notebook after CQ57 wifi wifi - Win PC - Model B V EA nbsp I think it was bought in It was running Win and worked properly but I upgraded to Win in July and since then and despite a complete re-install there is no wireless functionality at all no wireless icon etc The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure I think my wireless adapter is aManufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp Description Realtek RTL CE b g n WiFi AdapterDriver version Driver date Physical address - - A- F-DB- DFile version CQ57 480SA notebook - wifi lost after Win 10 install - wifi ... nbsp I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps Operating System - Windows Home -bitCPU - Intel Celeron B GHz nbsp - Sandy Bridge nm TechnologyRAM - GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard CPU Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics HP Storage - GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT NAudio - Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Best Regards nbsp - Renard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CQ57-480SA-notebook-wifi-lost-after-Win-10-install-wifi/td-p/5772244
Relevancy 33.97%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

A:switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2 doesnot assign proper ip address

Quote: Originally Posted by roshanrbb

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

I couldnt understand your Problem Completly.
But as per me researving IP address for your Computer in the Next router would solve your Problem.
Also please check if the router 2 has DHCP enabled in it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367011-switching-wifi-1-wifi-2-doesnot-assign-proper-ip-address.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have a Gateway NV52L15 notebook and I am having problems with my WiFi access. I have Windows 8. My wireless networks are not showing up. When I troubleshoot the network adapter, I get a messAge that reads that my wireless capability is turned off. When I go to the Gateway Device fast lane, my WiFi is on. But when I look in networks it as shows WiFi off and I am unable to turn it on that way. When I go to wireless devices in pc settings, the toggle button for the wire device is grey, therefore I am unable to switch it on- It used to work.

Also, while in the Gateway Device fast lane, when I press the F3 key the airplane mode goes on...the WiFi goes off...by comes right back on. Please help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29653-wifi-toggle-switch-greyed-out-unable-turn-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 33.97%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 33.97%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 33.97%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 33.97%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have a XPS i QHD purchased refurbished from rd party recently installed clean W The Dell tool indicates to me that I should be installing Network Driver WD T WN A EXE Installing I get failure log at the bottom Via Device Manager as mentioned the WiFi adapter under Network is not there scanning for hardware changes does not help I have tried manually installing inf files but I don t get any options under quot Model quot when nbsp I try to install it through legacy hardware I m starting to think nbsp the Wifi Bluetooth component is either faulty or entirely missing from the vendor nbsp I have not opened it up and wouldn t know how / WiFi in Drivers not Device Manager, install WiFi can't Bluetooth to diagnose this myself WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers I ve attached a separate wifi dongle which works as does connecting to Ethernet via nbsp a USB adapter Any other ideas of what it could be Thanks --- nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers N A miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers N A nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe quot vLOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp quot quot nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp ASCII payload log file detected nbsp Installation log file for quot DW WLAN Card quot Log Starts on Date - - Time GetOSInfo Detected Windows GetOSInfo Product Type Business PreInstallSetup Using ini file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp A - D - -BF A- F F DD B - - -BC -A BF bcmwls ini Using inf file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp BcmWLSetup Drivers WinThresh WL bcmwdi inf Installation root C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card OEM is Dell Driver interface is PCI HW detection for installer ResultCode Hardware id is not found in driver inf Either the device is not present or the device is not supported InstallShield script aborting Entering function CreateEventLog Exiting function CreateEventLog Log ends on Date - - Time nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp logo png nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver WD T WN A txt nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C NEWFOL miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o ... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963521
Relevancy 33.97%

My laptop is Sony VAIO sve 1711 q1eb my adaptor atheros ar 9485. the drivers are reinstalled normally , the wireless service is enabled , the adaptor is enabled but I can't see any available networks (my router is OK I checked it ) and when I go to mobility centre the turn on wireless button is grayed out and my laptop doesn't have any physical WiFi button or any shortcut
And I am sure I did not install any programmes or something

A:cant enable wifi. turn on wifi button grayed out

Was it working before? When did this problem start?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294599-cant-enable-wifi-turn-wifi-button-grayed-out.html