Windows Support Forum

PC tower fan is noisy

Q: PC tower fan is noisy

Iv no idea how to find out the make or moduel of the fan One day last year it beggan to make strange noises rattling When i reset the pc tower PC fan noisy is it stopped I looked online recently and found it could be multiple reasons so i opend the pc took a good look inside removed the fan cleaned very single area of the fan put it back in ensuring nothing was damaged When i turn the pc on and im looking at the fan it seems to be working perfectly but with the noise If i run my finger along the smooth centre to slow it it makes no noise If i slow it down with the three speed button thing that hangs from the fan then it still makes a noise The fan has lie a suspension on it and when i press PC tower fan is noisy it in theres no noise when i let it go the noise rattles again I personally think that inside the fan right where the motor is spinning theres is a problem of dust or something but i can t be sertain I want my fan to make no noise but be on full speed as befour since im a heavy gamer and i work with music too What should i do If i want to buy a new fan how do i choose one that will fit into it s place My pc uses a fan for the power supply a fan for the cpu and a fan on the side of the tower What do i do if i want to add more fans to my pc tower nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC tower fan is noisy

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC tower fan is noisy

To find a fan or a similar size, just measure the old one in mm and get the same size locally or online. Case fans are generally 80MM, 92mm or 120mm.

Adding fans where they are no holders or screw holes would require something as simple as twist or zip ties or actually modifying the case to accept more fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-tower-fan-is-noisy.147806/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am running Windows 2000Pro on a Vectra 400 series tower. The unit seems like a heavy duty work horse, but is a bit noisier than I am used to hearing in a business setting. At a job I left sometime back and in my current position we are using XP on newer and smaller HP towers. They run very quietly. I am trying to set my unit up to do voice-over freelance work. Is there anything I can do to run a bit quieter. Also I downloaded a backup program called LojiklSweep for my system. Any suggestions for checking to make sure they have all of my backup material on file in case this older system takes a dive?

Relevancy 72.67%

Compaq Presario SR5010NX Desktop
Celeron D processor 360
Windows 7 Home Premium
1 GB RAM
120 GB HDD
Intel graphics media accelerator
DVD/CD w/Lightscribe
=================================
I recently performed a clean install of Win7 HP on this older tower and it's been running very well. Trouble is, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner on its last legs...very loud noises. I'm not qualified to identify a correlation between the upgrade and the outrageously noisy internals, but I've been given suggestions about poor heatsink mounting a la dried up thermal compound, or bad fans' bearings, or hard drive, etc.

I took a snapshot of the inside of the chassis with the side panel removed for uploading of the jpeg here, because I'm not savvy enough to understand where the heatsink is I'm happy to replace fans and even the heatsink if someone will please just tell me how to find it

Thank you.

sbuxman

A:Noisy tower

Is it definitely louder than before the clean install, with no new components? That is, is this a new development?

The heatsink refers to the CPU cooler in the lower right portion of that picture. If the heatsink were mounted poorly, it might cause the CPU fan to speed up in an attempt to lower temperatures. It wouldn't be my first guess for the source of noise, but that fan may be working very hard or going bad.

Check your temperatures and fan speeds with a tool such as HWInfo.

Fans spinning above 1000 rpm are typically audible--some more than others.
Get your ear in there and listen. You can stop case fans or even the CPU fan for a second or two to see if the noise disappears---that's one way to determine if it is a fan issue.

Listen near the power supply, probably upper left in that pic. It has a fan also.

Does the noise sound like a wooshing? That's most likely fans or air turbulence.

Whines can be drives, power supply coils, or even motherboards.

Hard drives are probably lower left in your pic.

Cases can be noisy in general, some more than others. You might have a vibration component to the noise from the front bezel rattling a bit--or just from poor design where noise leaks out through gaps or vents.

It's not easy to quiet a noisy case. The best way to get a quiet PC is to assemble it from quiet components, rather than trying to quiet it after the fact.

Some fans are noisier than others, even if working properly. You'd have to replace them with known quiet fans--preferably of the largest diameter that will fit the mount.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256810-noisy-tower.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My rear tower fan is noisy on my new build...Is it because the BIOS have not been updated yet?
Thanks for your help!
Runc.

A:My rear tower fan is noisy...Is it because?

NO, some fans are noisy.

Is it old one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94366-my-rear-tower-fan-noisy-because.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi My PC is a Packard Bell Pentium D tower unit and is very noisy when running As this is driving me mad I am trying to find out why First of all can anyone tell me if the fan speed readings I am getting are correct for this computer They are as follows Sys Fan RPM CPU Fan RPM Aux Fan RPM CPU Fan RPM Aux Fan RPM Are these readings correct It seems that only one fan is working Any D Tower using windows Pentium Packard Unit - XP: fan Bell very noisy other help to cure this noisy fan would be much appreciated Thanks Computer Specs below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Packard Bell Pentium D using windows XP: Tower Unit - fan very noisy Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Packard Bell BV Cuba MS- Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Packard Bell Pentium D using windows XP: Tower Unit - fan very noisy

It's only showing one fan reading because there's only one that can be read on your PC.

This may sound silly, but you've cleaned the fans, correct?

If the fan that is making noise is the PSU fan, I wouldn't mess with it and just replace it.

If the problem is the case fan or the CPU fan, clean those thoroughly with DRY cotton swabs, making sure not to leave any cotton "threads" behind.

[edit]

While you've got it open, make sure the power cord to each fan is plugged into your motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-pentium-d-using-windows-xp-tower-unit-fan-very-noisy.1011451/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey there,

Just a small question, I have an x-power 500w psu, but it seems to be painfully noisy. A friend of mine has the exact same model and it's no where near as loud as mine. It doesnt help adding to the noise of the other 8 fans. It just seems to be the power supply making the most noise. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Noisy PSU

Your system may just be running hotter - heat-sensitive fans will turn faster. More power drawn from the PSU will make it generate more heat too.

Also, are your fans working together to produce some kind of directed air flow? No point in having fans struggling to push air through other fans in the wrong direction.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noisy-psu.45720/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi , I recently had my PSU replaced with a jeantech 405 w PSU. Problem is it seems alot noisier than my old one.
Its a constant mid range whirring/humming sound and its kinda annoying. Is this usual for new PSUs ? Do they get quieter as they wear in or is it a bad make ?
Any advice would be great , cheers.

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a IBM Aptive machine type 2144, Model # M51 with Windows 95
every thing works but it is very noisy not sure where it is coming from,
and yes I know its old but I plan to give it to my grandniece so she can have a place to play her preschool games etc. any Ideas

Relevancy 38.27%

My CPU is very warm and noisy. I think it may be the fan but I am not sure. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

when i am using my pc it will make a noise so loud it sounds like a harrier jump jet taking off, i presume its the fan doing it but why and how do i stop it?

Relevancy 38.27%

Within 2 months my new PC has started making a high pitched whining sound which is continous but waxes and wanes in intensity. It's not very loud but is annoying. The vendors engineer replaced the CPU fan but this hasnt helped. The sound disappears when I put the PC into standby mode. Is it the hard drive making the noise and what do I do about it?

Relevancy 38.27%

Howdy

I just finished putting together a new box for myself. I fired it up last night with no troubles . The only thing I bought retail was the P-4 processor thinking I would get the intel approved heatsink and fan with it, which I did...but...let me say it is the loudest fan I have ever heard...very disappointingly..

Can anyone recommend a third party heatsink/fan combo that will do the trick and be quiet about it

Will I have trouble getting the existing combo off the chip...heat transfer paste... without damage

thanks

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-fan.148489/
Relevancy 38.27%

Just determined that my processor fan is extremely noisy. I opened the case and the fan speed is varying with the higher speed being incredibly irritating. The PC is under warranty but I'm wondering if I should just replace the fan myself. I guess E-machines would make me bring this thing in for service.

Is it easy to replace this type of fan. It has the plastic shroud and it seems to come out with the processor as a whole unit. I guess this fan is thermostatically controlled or broken because it goes from almost off to very high and loud. Thanks for any help.

A:Noisy fan

Yes the fan is easy to replace.Its your call on if you want E machine to do or yourself. Might want to call them to see if by you replacing fan voidd tour warrenty? Power OFF when doing any repairs!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-fan.616008/
Relevancy 38.27%

Don t really know how to ask this but I am pretty sure I have a fan inside my case that is going bad It is noisy and sometimes more noisy than other times and I am afraid that I may incur damage if I don t have it replaced I have an extended warranty on the PC and therefore the cost would be nothing to me except I would be without the PC for as long as Noisy Fan CPU maybe weeks Best Buy takes it in and the PC may end up in Miami for repairs The PC in question is the Aptiva described in my signature below and it is now years Noisy CPU Fan old Noisy CPU Fan I have looked at the IBM site for Maintainance Repair info but I can t post the link here for you to look at the fan that is shown on the CPU on pages of the manual Having never tried to replace a fan is this something that I would want to do Don t know anything about the heat sink and thermal compound stuff and I do not have any of the materials The only thing that makes this option look good is that I could do the job in a few hours I guess I understand from reading that there is some risk involving possible damage to the CPU Don t think I would want to take that risk However I will be listening to my peers My PC is the Pentium III with the MHz processor and everything is OEM except I changed out the CDR-W for a faster one and added a second HDD I also added memory-increasing from MB to MB Think thats it nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi folks,

I have a little problem with my PC currently in that it is very noisy. No rasping sounds or clicking etc. it's just the fans I think. Now does anyone know wether it would be more lickely to be my heatsink and fan OR my PSU fan that's making all the racket? And if anyone knows how much it may cost and how easy it might be to actually replace the PSU and fans?

Also, could the noise be coming from somewhere else like my CD-ROM or HD?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Peaker.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, most of the time my PC (Win XP Home) runs virtually silently during surfing and game-playing etc, but with one or two other games and flight sims it whirrs slightly louder for the whole time the program is running AND after I exit the program, and the only way I can kill the noise is with a restart.
The extra noise doesn't bother me too much, but I can't help wondering what's causing it, and whether the innards are under some kind of stress which might cause extra wear and tear or overheating etc?

A:Why is my PC sometimes noisy?

My computer does the same thing. it's my fan, when i play games or do disc cleanup the fan gets REALLY loud I'm running windows xp Professional Version 2002 service pack 3 pentium 4, 3.40 Ghz 1.00 GB of RAM
Does anybody know how to get it to quiet down. I got it from a professor at Northern Arizona University. When i asked him about it he said it was probably a bad fan so he sent me a new one. No difference. then he said it might be the power source. so he sent me another power source and another fan. Still no difference. Does anyone else have an opinion???
And yes it did have a bunch of dust balls and stuff in it i cleaned it yesterday i had to scrape it off of the back and fan etc. My computer temp is 27 degrees i found that out when i downloaded the speedfan. but the speedfan couldn't find my fan. it only found my hardrive. i have a fan on my video card too and it didn't find that either or the power fan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225612/why-is-my-pc-sometimes-noisy/
Relevancy 38.27%

My sister and i try to video call on skype, but her built-in mic didn't work.. The only thing I could hear was when she typed something
She went and bought a new mic today, but the same problem occurs...
It wont register her voice..
Its on a mac.

Can someone please help us??=))

A:Noisy mic, help please!

we've tried mic test, and mic settings on skype, but nothing works... only noisy sounds

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438371/noisy-mic-help-please/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I would like to address a problem with my Dell Vostro 3550 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64. It seems that whenever I turn it on, the fan located on the left side of the computer, is extremely noisy and emits a large amount of heat (even when the system is idle.)

I downloaded OpenHardwareMonitor and noticed that my HDD, a Toshiba MK2561GSY, was at 113.0?F.

If any of you out there can help me, I would highly appreciate it.

DrummerDan

A:Noisy PC Fan!

Quote: Originally Posted by DrummerDan99

Hello,

I would like to address a problem with my Dell Vostro 3550 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium x64. It seems that whenever I turn it on, the fan located on the left side of the computer, is extremely noisy and emits a large amount of heat (even when the system is idle.)

I downloaded OpenHardwareMonitor and noticed that my HDD, a Toshiba MK2561GSY, was at 113.0?F.

If any of you out there can help me, I would highly appreciate it.

DrummerDan

It is probably in need of a fan replacement, (and soon ) if it is noisy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205839-noisy-pc-fan.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Within 2 months my new PC has started making a high pitched whining sound which is continous but waxes and wanes in intensity. It's not very loud but is annoying. The vendors engineer replaced the CPU fan but this hasnt helped. The sound disappears when I put the PC into standby mode. Is it the hard drive making the noise and what do I do about it?

A:Noisy PC

Sorry this question was posted in the wrong section. I have reposted it in the right place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-pc.36072/
Relevancy 38.27%

My fan is quite noisy and sometimes it goes even noisier than it usually is and it's very annoying. I don't want to have to buy a new fan/heatsink or anything else so if there's a way to reduce the noise without upgrading, please tell me.

There wasn't much dust inside my computer since I regularly remove it, and I already moved all the little dust I could find in there. I'll leave a picture of my specs and current temps. I downloaded SpeedFan so I could control the speed of the fan and reduce some noise but I don't want anything overheating so if you could tell me what the minimum speed of the fan should be at what temperatures that would be great.

A:Noisy Fan

Hello, a fan should not make noise at any speed, so when it does start to be noisy it means that a mechanical component (usually the sealed bearing) is going bad and it will eventually fail.
Since this is the CPU fan this issue should have some priority, but it is up to you.
Good luck with this project.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-fan.1133666/
Relevancy 38.27%

alright so i cleaned out the dust from my computer and installed speedfan which froze my computer but i eventually got it working and it shows core at around mid c with a flame symbol core alternates Fan Noisy between a check mark an arrow and a flame as does core and and te last three are at a low C my computer is elevated and this started Noisy Fan after i updated the Bus controller with slimdriver and my AMD graphics i've updated teh BIOS done a clean boot and talked to the guys at dell support who said it was a software issue and got mad because i had updated home premium with ultimate an said that that had messed up the command center which regulated the fans yet the computer ran fine with ultimate and i doubt that ultimate was that different from home premium to make a programme ment to run on premium not work so i went to software support and claimed that nothing was wrong with the software so putting my trust with you guys since you haven't let me down so far any suggestions oh i switched the cpu to passive instead of active oh and in the BIOS under preformance there is an option to enable turbo mode yet despite trying both disabled and enabled does nothing the line above remains turbo enabled and the driver on the dell support for turbo can't install because it lacks the hardware so thats my story

Couple of suggestions that may (or may not) help. First, I think I'd invest in a laptop cooling pad to assist with ventilation. Then I'd check to see if you have any resource hogs that are set to start up immediately and contribute to higher temps. The only things I have set to start up immediately are my antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials) and the synaptics touchpad.

Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/157077-noisy-fan.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i have my pc for about 2-3 years . in excellent condition because im very cautious also a computer science student .

so the problem is that my pc has increased noise the past week . it was more quite before .

1) so first step i cleaned the fans , nothing happened .
2) i updated video drivers and everything are up to date .
3) right now im doing defragment with ultradefag but its really slow , im at 0,60% and i started 30 mins ago .

i tried downloading everest to check the fans speed and the temperatures but something went wrong with the installation and i had to unistall it .
Please recommend me another program like everest to check the fan speed and temperatures . any other ideas pls help :)

A:Noisy PC

do you know for sure the noise is from the fans. Open the case and see if you can pinpoint the noise. Maybe there is a loose drive screw or something.

maybe the drive is going bad. do a drive diagnostic utility for your harddrive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/noisy-pc-644251.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer Dell - Win XP has made grinding and clicking noises ever since I got it approx year ago It s noisy whenever it s doing anything and even sometimes when it s Noisy CPU not whatever do computers do when they are just sitting there by themselves - anyway last December Dell actually sent someone to my house to replace the drive and the new one started making the same noises almost right away It is not a fan - I can hear the fan s and they do not make what I consider to be exorbitant noises however I had this nagging little feeling that it isn t supposed to make so much noise so I bit the bullet and had a chat with Dell again Now they want ME to remove Noisy CPU the hard drive and reboot it to see if it still makes the noise I think I m fairly adventurous just owning a computer - there is no way I am going to remove all those cords in the Noisy CPU back flip it down on its side remove the cover and then take out the hard drive What could possibly be making all that noise if it isn t the hard drive Does it matter that the more it is doing the noisier it is Other than the noise it runs just fine Thank you Noisy CPU for any help given Cheryl nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi Guys, hope you can help, when I turn on my computer the fan has started to make an awful noise, after a bit it calms down but then stars again at random.

Foxy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-fan.719642/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

My graphics card fan makes a noisy sound on a cold boot, as if the bearings have gone but once it heats up I assume the expansion of the metal shut it up. However I'm looking to sell this PC within the next couple of weeks, so does anyone know how I can solve this issue?

I was thinking of removing the heatsink/fan assembly and oiling the bearing, or should I buy a new fan to stick on?

Cheers

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi and thanks I have a Dell e desktop pentium k mem g hd which I bought new feom dell a few years ago From the very beginning I noticed it was the probably quietest computer i had ever had or ever used for that matter almost dead fan CPU Noisy silent except under the most extreme usage Then one day last year while playing a game on Gametap I think I overtaxed the cpu and the blue screen of death came on Nothing i did made it go away Finally as a last resort i inserted the XP disc that came with the computer the computer rebooted but it wiped the hd clean and Noisy CPU fan reinstalled the os and i lost all my data But at least the computer was working again Anyway ever since that day i ve had a noisy cpu fan Whenever i go online or even just open a document the processor fan rev s up nearly as loud as a hairdryer and stays revved up even after i close the file To get relief I have to put the computer in standby the computer goes silent then a few seconds later I just move the mouse and xp comes back on and the noise is gone until i open something again then the fan rev s back up and i m back where i started This maddening noise is the only problem I have the computer works fine otherwise Any help would be appreciated Thanks Will E nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey Everyone Can someone read this highjack this file and see if there is any reason my fan is noisy or is there another test for that It gets real noisy when it first comes on but never really gets quiet I sprayed air on it and that worked a bit not much I thought maybe that this highjack woud show something thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Noisy fan C WINDOWS System svchost Noisy fan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files DriveCleaner Free UDC exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor Noisy fan swdoctor exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files common files aol ee aexplore exe C Documents and Settings Patricia Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE TJNQW T HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www talkamerica net members R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http cgi verizon net bookmarks bmredir asp region all amp bw dsl amp cd amp bm Noisy fan ho search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aol com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www talkamerica net members R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-D FC-E AF D FA D - C WINDOWS DOWNLO vzbb dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C ... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

Every so often there is a noise coming from my computer, its like a noisy fan, after a minute it stops then later on does it again, has anyone any ideas what this is.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, I have a hp a1223w desktop computer and the fan is getting quite noisy. I have cleaned it up, but it is still sounding funky. I was just wondering how I go about finding a new fan for this thing, it is pretty old and not sure how to find out if one is compatible with my computer.

Do you have a guess as to which fan is noisy?
It could be the power supply fan, in which you replace the entire power supply.
Or if could be a case fan that generates air flow. They are low cost and are replaced by removing four screws. You just have to be sure the power plug or socket is a two, three, or four pin, then buy a new one. Sometimes the power plug is the greatest difficulty.
CPU fans are more work, and it is wise to replace the entire heatsink and fan as a set. There are risks in doing this. Some heatsink hold downs are made of plastic or other materials that can break.
A lot of local vendors, as well as online vendors such as Directron, Frys, Krex, TigerDirect, NewEgg, and others will have what you need.
The secret usually is to avoid cheap products. The units which are quiet and have the best bearings and best fan blade design to reduce noise while moving a lot of cooling air, will cost more. As with all other computer products, some brand names are better and can be trusted. If it is cheap, it probably cannot be trusted to be quiet, although it make work ok.
There are reviews on-line for CPU fans, but case fan reviews are scarce.
There is a great deal of design work in moving air. The cost is usually worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noisy-fan.136261/
Relevancy 38.27%

My Compaq computer has a dvd and also a cd rom. Sometimes for no apparent reason the dvd player starts this high pitched whining sound. My wife says it sounds like a very sick cow with a very high voice. I went to device manager and disabled it but it still makes the noise on occasion(sadly , usually in the middle of the night).I tried to just disconnect it but my system wouldn't boot up without it so I booted the computer up and then went in and unplugged it. This seems to work but I will have to go in and do the same thing every time I power down my computer.
Do I just need a new dvd player or can anything be done to fix it?

A:noisy dvd

Well, first of all unplugging any internal device while the system is powered on and running is NOT a good idea!

You could electrically damage almost ANY component in the system by doing this with any other component...SURGE, SPIKE, Static Discharge, etc, none of which are good.

Rather than doing a Disable, try Removing it via Device Mgr. After that it should not start up at all until it is re-installed.

What application do you have running that would access the DVD in the middle of the night???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-dvd.312531/
Relevancy 38.27%

One day my pc wouldn't boot my OS, so I opened it up and reseated the fans, HDDs & the RAMs. I was however careful not to touch the capacitors and resistors and all the pretty stuff you find on a typical motherboard.

Re-seating fixed the booting problem. However, ever since my fan's been really noisy.

I have tried oiling the fan, dusting the CPU and nothing seems to work. I need help

My PC's a HP desktop, tower type

A:I have really noisy fan

Is this a CPU fan or case fan we are talking about? Is the fan a standard 80mm, 120mm, etc... design? If it is a standard design, you can purchase a replacement from several locations. If you are not sure you can measure the fan frame width. If it is the CPU fan you may want to get a 4-pin fan.

The 4-pin uses PWM signaling to control the fans RPM depending on the motherboard temperature sensor readings. While the third pin is used for the fans RPM sensor, without a 4-pin PWM fan it would spin full speed.

Fans of all sizes at Newegg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-really-noisy-fan.199001/
Relevancy 38.27%

Please help there has been a really loud whirring sound coming from my pc for some months the last couple of weeks it has become unbearable !

So not knowing very much about computers this morning I changed the little cheap fan that attaches to the back only to find it was not that fan making the noise. I have now discovered that the culprit fan is larger black fan which is attached to the motherboard (i'm assuming it the motherboard).

Does anyone know what I can do about this ?

Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all,

I just bought an Nvidia GT220 1G DDR3 and when I put it on my PC I found the fan very noisy and I would like to know what is the problem?

A:GT 220 is noisy

Some GPU's, especially those with small fans, tend to be very loud, even when not under load. Just in case though, you can make sure it is not overheating with a tool like MSI Afterburner. If the temperatures are under control, you can use Afterburner to reduce the fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gt-220-is-noisy.167989/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a new Vortex Dream Fan for my athlon xp cpu
My problem :
When I first switch the on system I hear noises like vibrations coming from the the Fan, I have tried holding the fan and heatsink and noise is still there, cant feel any vibration, could it be the barings or something, what puzzles me is that my previous fan was exaclty the same, dif fan alltogether though.
The noise seems to last for aprox 10 -15 secs from the time it is switched on,
it also seems to be fine if pc has been running for a bit and shut it down and clean boot it after a short amount of time.
I am thinking of returning the fan but want to make sure the source of the prob is within the fan and not external although the noise appears to be coming from there.
Anyone shedding some light would be apreciated
Thanks

A:Noisy Cpu Fan

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article184-page1.html
Good article on the Dream Fan. The 10-15 seconds of noise is fairly common on some non-ball bearing fans. It takes a few revolutions of the fan to warm the lubricant and rotating parts and get to operating rpms. I have an 80mm fan in my side cover that raises h#ll for about 20 seconds. Been that way for about a year now. You could return it and get a different brand fan or just ignore the noise that 15 secs. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-cpu-fan.288129/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have several PC's with a MSI 6309 socket 370 Pentium III motherboard and 1 of them has the hard drive activity coming through the on board speaker insted of through the Hard Drive LED! I have never seen this before and cannot find anything in the BIOS to either change this or to shut off the onboard speaker. I don't see a jumper to change this either. Otherwise the board works great but it is driving me nuts LOL. All the other ones do not do this annoying thing. PLEASE help if anyone else has seen this. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone, have you noticed that your computer gets noiser and noiser as time progresses
i got my computer exacty a year ago today.

it is a compaq 1.5 ghz and 356 mb ram

when i got it... any program i opened or anything that loads loaded quietly i coudn't hear the PC

but now it's much noiser

why??

Relevancy 37.84%

I've just taken delivery of a new M800 SFF, and everything looks great except that it is really quite noisy, even at idle CPU. I've downloaded SpeedFan to see what's going on, and all the temperatures are between 20C and 30C yet the CPU fan and front fan are stuck at between 1800rpm and 1900rpm. I've checked in the BIOS and it is set to "Better acoustic performance", although I have also tried "Better thermal performance" and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Do other people find this model loud as well? Compared with all our Dell OptiPlex SFFs, it's really noticeable. Is there anything I can do?

A:Noisy fan(s) on new M800 SFF

It could be your Power Plan (set through Lenovo Power Manager).  I just got an M800-SFF delivered yesterday (i5-6500 CPU) with Win7 pre-installed, and I've been working on the customization since then.  I did make some changes in the Power Plan.

It's in the Start Menu, Lenovo -> Power Manager.  I set "maximum performance" as my power plan, but then also set "adaptive" for "Maximum CPU speed" in "system settings".  The original value was "highest", which was causing the CPU clock to be at max, and I think that probably could be heating up your CPU, thus requiring more fan speed.  With "adaptive" the core clock speed is dropped to a minimal value unless demand requires TurboBoost to increase it.

You might check what your setup is.

?

Note that with this setup, HWINFO64 reports FAN0=837rpm and FAN1=717rpm.  I'm sure this is more in line with what you're hoping for yourself, as it's very quiet.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Noisy-fan-s-on-new-M800-SFF/td-p/3331575
Relevancy 37.84%

Good morning, after mycomputer has been on for a short time the fan gets noisier and noisier until its gets to loud. Help please , Thanks David

A:noisy computer

Open the side of the case and take a look at the fan. Is the sound coming from the Processor fan or another case fan? Or is it coming from the Power Supply Unit fan? Are there wires or something blocking the processor fan? If nothing is blocking the Processor fan, then replace it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/noisy-computer-657647.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My T s is noisy On AC despite having perfectly fine temps around - c its very audible and the fan keeps running on rpm Is there noisy T420s is anything to do I have tried changing the fan settings from power manager to balanced and T420s is noisy all instead of max performance it still is noisy and the fan wont slow down Weird thing with it is that if I put T420s is noisy the laptop under heavy load where CPU gets to - c it will speed up to rpm and after cooling down back to - c when there is no load the fan will not slow down It's like its stuck on the max speed it will get to and wont slow down If the laptop runs fine with fan running rpm in - c I don't see any reason for the fan to not slow down when it cools down to - c nbsp Is there anything to do thermal paste and dust shouldnt be a issue since I have taken it apart few months ago and cleaned it and repasted it and it's just like before didnt help nbsp I also have the latest BIOS on it and it seems like noise is a common issue for this model when I googled about it

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-is-noisy/td-p/3359861
Relevancy 37.84%

It's becoming a regular story and again tonight the same thing Fan suddenly starts whizzing and there I am spending a couple of hours trying to get to the bottom of it to no avail I even checked to see if I have pending software updates as fan updates? before just noisy really have my get does Why I this seems to often be Why does my fan get really noisy just before I have updates? at the bottom of it but no not that this time Except yes it was that again this time Two hours later finally Why does my fan get really noisy just before I have updates? I go to restart my computer and there's the little yellow exclamation mark next to 'shut down' alerting me to the fact I have important updates pending Why does my computer keep doing this Why does it not just alert me to the fact I have updates pending then I can avoid spending half an evening try to work out why my set up is chewing up my CPU I checked to see if I had pending updates and it said everything was up to date and so I go away and start looking at all my processes running Glary Utilities defragmenting my hard drive restarting several times then it decides to tell me It does this EVERY TIME Aaargh

A:Why does my fan get really noisy just before I have updates?

It does this because the Windows Update process is broken on some computers. For lots of people, the CPU and RAM usage goes high while the WU process searched the computer to see what updates might be needed. It should not hurt to reset Window Update via these steps: Windows Update - Reset However, it might not help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394613-why-does-my-fan-get-really-noisy-just-before-i-have-updates.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey all again!

My PC fan is incredibly noisy when starting up. It sounds like a jumbo jet trying to take off. I've cleaned it recently and have checked to make sure that there aren't any wires getting in the way. The thing is - it makes the noise until I bang the side of the case. After that, it usually shuts up (sometimes it requires a few loud taps to quieten it down).

What would be wrong with it? Should I just replace it? Would replacing it actually work?

Relevancy 37.84%

My 2-week old XPS 15 (L502X) has an extremely noisy fan. Even when the CPU is idle, the fan is humming quite loudly. The fan runs loudly for several minutes, goes silent for a few seconds and the cycle repeats. 
Is this normal? Any way to make the fan run silently?

Thanks
Abhi

A:Dell XPS 15 fan is very noisy

abhivm
Some fan noise may be noticeable from time to time but a specifically noisy fan may be an indication of something wrong.
Fans can become loud or have abnormal sounds due to:
An out of date BIOS
Obstructions in the fan or vent area.
Physical Damage
Dust accumulation in the fan or vent area.
Usage while not on a flat surface or proper ventilation clearance
Using near a heat source or in a hot environment
Here is a link to a good troubleshooter on fan noise.
support.dell.com/.../document
Using a Laptop on a hard, flat, non-cloth surface will increase airflow and reduce heat from underneath and inside the system.
Use compressed air to clean the vents on a regular basis. Since this is such a new system is unlikely an issue caused by dust build up.
I certainly suggest making sure that the system shipped with the most up to date BIOS. The most up to date version is A10 and may be downloaded from the following link
www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats
Run diagnostics.  Start the system tapping F12 and choose diagnostics.  Here is a link that goes on detail the different diagnostics tests.
support.dell.com/.../document
Please let me know if the fan noise problem continues or you receive errors running diagnostics.
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19449387
Relevancy 37.84%

hi there,
would be grateful for any advice. The fan in my tower block is very noisy...is there a part out there which would make it quiet or quieter?????????

The tower i am using is a philips (iQon technologies) dvd rewrite and a cd rewriter drives.

Relevancy 37.84%

One of my more frequent annoyances is that the various fans in my machines get noisy, and some fail. I've replaced several CPU, chipset, video card heatsinks because of this, and also the fans in removable drive bays and elsewhere. I've seen little or no difference between sleeve bearings or ball bearings.

Is there anything I can do to lubricate or otherwise revive these fans? Or prevent problems in the first place?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fans-get-noisy.1051778/
Relevancy 37.84%

Good morning all I have a Dell XPS that has been noisy for some time now but aside from occasional issues runs ok Lately though I ve Dell XPS 420 Noisy had issues with the computer freezing up for long periods of time before responding Even little things like closing a program cause it When it happens it Noisy Dell XPS 420 sounds like the normal grinding noise that I hear when the computer is processing but it just never stops Even Task manager cannot shut this down It even goes on when I have absolutely nothing open and running when it gets into this runaway mode I ve found that by just turning it off with the power button and then starting in safe mode and then restarting again in normal mode is the only way to get it to stop I m guessing that the motherboard probably needs replacing but that s a big expense for me to do that and have it not be the issue I m hoping that this seems obvious to the experts on here so that I can proceed with some confidence Thanks in advance for any help

A:Noisy Dell XPS 420

Hi tally622,Was there anything new (software, hardware, malware, error messages) that occurred right before the freezing started?Software, hardware, malware, or a combination could all contribute to this problem. Your Dell has onboard diagnostics to check the hardware. Unless you strongly suspect malware, I would start with the hardware diagnostics. Here is your Dell? XPS? 420 manual in PDF format. Arrow down to page 87 - Starting Dell Diagnostics From Your Hard Drive.At the Dell Diagnostics Main Menu, select Test System and then Extended test (Note: this could take several hours)If a problem is encountered during a test, a message appears with an error code and a description of the problem. Write down the error code and problem description.If all hardware passes, we can proceed with other troubleshooting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455845/noisy-dell-xps-420/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Tech Team,

My sister's laptop fan is always noisy.
If you notice CPU usage is fluctuating quite a lot when browser and antivirus is only running.
Btw, situation does not change even after I apply air duster on heat sinks. It;d be still quite noisy.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3003 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1309 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 173653 MB, Free - 122792 MB; D: Total - 51921 MB, Free - 51813 MB; Y: Total - 9577 MB, Free - 1643 MB;
Motherboard: Wistron, 360B
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 5.0, Updated and Enabled

Appreciate your inputs...

A:Laptop is always noisy

The fan itself could be faulty in the laptop. Therefore the noisy. As for the CPU usage, bring up Resource Monitor and track which app is using it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-always-noisy.1076099/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer seems to actually be running pretty hot. I have tried to resolve the problem with these "solutions":

-Cleaned PC from dust (I will repeat this action tomorrow)
-Close unnecessary programs using Task Manager (MsMpEng.exe likes to hog cpu and ram, temporarily disabled MSE)
-Updated the BIOS (HP F.63 to HP F.65)
-Used a different OS (Win10 runs even hotter than 7, yet Windows XP Live CD runs fine.)
-Used different theme (Tried built-in themes and even third-party themes)
-Use cooling pad at max rpm (doesn't help)

It seems to run around 120-130 degrees F both idle and when playing games, according to Speccy.
Does anybody know of another solution for this problem?

UPDATE: With the Fan Always On setting set to on, it runs btwn 110-120 degrees but is super annoying.
UPDATE 2: All temperatures are motherboard temps.

A:PC gets hot with noisy fan even while idle

120 F is about 49 C.

Temps look fine to me. I guess it's a laptop--they aren't going to run at desktop temps.

What is "super annoying"?

Are you sure you have a "problem"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399635-pc-gets-hot-noisy-fan-even-while-idle.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
I have owned a Hewlett Packard laptop (Model - HP G7000) for approximately 4 years. It has been a good laptop but sometimes can be very noisy. I'm not sure if this is the fan or the hard drive. I suspect it is the fan as there has been no degradation in performance of the laptop (although it does freeze occationally). The noise can also be quite loud when playing certain memory intensive games. The noise sounds like a typical fan/"whirring" noise. My wife has described it as sounding like a hovercraft! Can a fan be taken out and cleaned, resulting in reduced noise levels? Does anyone know if changing the fan is a simple job for a competent DIY enthusiast? Any idea how much a new fan would cost?
Grateful for any advice!
Thanks.

A:Noisy Laptop

Not many laptops offer an easy-change fan. I recommend you blow out all of the ventilation ports to remove dust from the cooling system. Frankly, I have no confidence that canned air is sufficient for the job. The pressure just in not enough. I use a shop-grade air compressor for such a job with at least 40 to 45 pounds pressure; but, be careful to not overs-pin the fans. If you can prevent their spinning by inserting a paper clip, that would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-laptop.992244/
Relevancy 37.84%

Long time since I needed to post 320 intel SSD Noisy I m building upgrading a system from a blown up AMD to a new intel i - k Mobo failure excuse to upgrade I have experience working with intel M G SSD drives for some of my clients with usually very good results and for the latest I went with intel s series GB model Reading feedback on any of the MUCH faster drives by OCZ Kingston etc with BSOD performance loss and complete failure has me running back to intel The system runs great no issues but one thing I ve notice that is making me nervous This SSD is noisy Depending on what the computer is doing or displayed on screen the noise changes Those of us who ve built dozens or hundreds of computers will know what I m talking about Its not usually Noisy intel 320 SSD a good thing An SSD has no movie parts so the electronic noise is coming from a chip an SMT - most likely the SATA interface This issue appears to be common but perhaps not quot defective quot None of the G s I ve ever worked with ever made a peep Even on youtube someone made a video of a very loud G The intel series seems to have this ramped Such a buyer has returned his times with intel even saying there is nothing wrong with the SSD its functioning as designed The diagnostics don t show any problems Performance is excellent for Noisy intel 320 SSD this class of drive With the cover back on the desktop case the noise cannot be heard unless you put your ear to the front air vent The desktop is ready to be delivered otherwise I was about to buy another mirror the drive and return the st tone but that would be pointless if all s have this noise issue Any thoughts or others who have s that are noisy or not nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

whenever i play any games that are fullscreen, my computer gets really noisy then goes quiet about a minute later, then 2 minutes after that, it's noisy again.

what could be the problem?

It depends, noise coming from CPU fan, Harddisk or Speaker?

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/292756-noisy-computer.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have had this laptop about 2weeks and since the last week every time I try to play a disc it starts making a lot of noise. I tried restoring my laptop to factory settings and restoring the system. But it is still doing it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/DVD-drive-being-noisy/td-p/5712788
Relevancy 37.84%

H i I have a msi K7N2 DELTA mobo when I start the comp the fan on the mobo make a hell of a noise for about 2mins. ? is can I turn off this fan without it doing any damage

Cheers

Mark

Relevancy 37.84%

I don't think this is a "fault" as such, but compared to my old laptop I find this PC very noisy - a kind of continuous wirring fan noise. In a conventional PC, the fan would be under the desk, but this is right in front of me so I find it very irritating. I tried the power settings and the cooling is set to passive but it seems this fan just runs at a constant speed the whole time  - is this normal? Anyone know how to control the fan? I tried Speedfan but it can´t find any fan controller. Thanks, Neil

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Noisy-fan-on-brand-new-AIO/td-p/5845790
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone,
My computer has been pretty loud lately. Even when it's just idling, I can hear periodic clicks coming from the fan area, buzzing, high pitched whining, and scratchy sounds. Whenever I do something intensive like gaming, the buzzing gets really loud. When I plug in the power the sounds usually get a bit quieter. The clicks don't really sound like the hard drive is failing. I can't really describe it but it kind of sounds like something settling into and out of place.
My computer also gets pretty hot. It used to go above 100c in my cpu (when doing intensive tasks), but after a bit of dusting and poking around it usually settles around 70c. The assembly temperature is not far behind. The idle temperature is around 50c. Not sure if that's normal, or if it has to do with anything.

A:Noisy computer

The most informative sound is the ticking, usually and indication of a failing harddrive. Back up your stuff and then test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394933-noisy-computer.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey all, I've been using this PC almost 4 years now, parts get upgraded etc but the noise is still there. Actually I can bear with it even though my side window is always open.

Recently out of curiosity I tried spraying some silicone based liquid (car dashboard grooming) into the CPU fan, Chassis Fan and GPU fan. I was surprised by the result, because just a careful spraying near the bearing reduces noise significantly. It is so obvious that I can hear my HDD crunching clearly now. Of course it's not noiseless, but it works!

Now I guess it probably dangerous or incorrect, perhaps some of you might enlighten me? I know some people suggested olive oil, but I kinda like silicone because I've been using it with door and drawer hinges. Beside, I happen to have quite plenty of them.

TIA

A:Noisy fan lubrication

I don't think there is any problem with doing that.

Although, since it is a liquid based lubricant it will collect dust. Powdered graphite might be a better solution but you probably don't have any of that just sitting around.

A long time ago someone on here actually was saying how well a mix of oil and powdered graphite worked...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noisy-fan-lubrication.153689/
Relevancy 37.84%

I've been having my HP Pavilion dv laptop for years now I don't remember when it started to be noisy and to heat when i turn on the laptop but it's been a while I tried to clean down the fan area to remove dust as i thought it might have cloged the ventilation area but it hasn't changed anything It is too hot that i can't put it on my lap and it makes a loud noise of a hair dryer and you can hear it from another room I checked with HP but apparently I have to renew my waranty and also remove everything from my laptop before sending it back to HP for fix And i don't want to remove my softwares and other stuffs as i don't have my intallment CDs here with me i move to another country Do you have any ideas on how i could fix it without having to send it back to HP Thanks HOT!!! Noisy My is is Help! and Laptop for any ideas

A:My Laptop is Noisy and is HOT!!! Help!

You could try buying a cooling base for it, which you just attach to the underside of your laptop and it has a few fans built in to it, and just keeps the laptop cool.

Laptops generally do get a bit toasty though. I've taken a few laptops apart myself and when you see how cramped it is in there, it's understandable why.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218946-my-laptop-noisy-hot-help.html
Relevancy 37.84%

whenever i play any games that are fullscreen, my computer gets really noisy then goes quiet about a minute later, then 2 minutes after that, it's noisy again.

what could be the problem?

It depends, noise coming from CPU fan, Harddisk or Speaker?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292756-noisy-computer.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Okay i bought and installed a new Tv-tuner card.. including all of it's drivers/softwares. But now i hear lots of noise from speakers when playing *ANY* audio. I cant play mp3s or anything. And sometimes there is no sound coming at all. I removed the card. And removed the software.. But nothing. I followed the guide from http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/How_to_i...ows_XP_2000.htm to reinstall default codecs. No luck. I am sure it's not my speakers. Because i have tested it with tv and it works fine. I'm pretty much sure tv-tuner software/drivers have corrupted this anyhow. What do i do? And please dont tell me to reinstall XP. Help will be appreciated.

A:Noisy Sound

Are there any other electrical devices near the speakers or the CPU? Such as a phone, hot plate, etc? If so, try moving them away.

Also, try moving all the wires associated with your TV card, speakers, and network connections - does this affect the sound quality?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73433/noisy-sound/
Relevancy 37.84%

HI AllI took delivery of my new 910 yesterday - lots of great features. But after 30 mins use, I started to notice a very noticable hum from fan nosie that I have is really annoying. Based in Uk, I have chosen not to contact the Lenova Technical support desk as they charge £1.50 per minute so am hoping some other users on here might be able to asist - is this a commmon issue or have I git a faulty unit? I have just spoken to John Lewis wheree I bought the AIO and they are replacing it with a like for like unit on saturday as I dont think I can keep this machine if that noise continues Any comments/help appreciated - would a different Lenova model work better and not have this noise ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/AIO-Ideacenter-910-Noisy-fan/td-p/3483279
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I bought me a X and so far I am quite happy with it on day However two of the keys are somewhat noisy and I am wondering if and how I could fix X1 keys noisy it The 'w' key makes quite a loud click noise once it is depressed The sound is not there if pressed on the far right side Pressing the key multiple times in succession does not change the sound All other keys X1 noisy keys are rather silent which makes the 'w' stand out - one could hear if just I typed in something with 'w' in it The other key is the 'left arrow' key which makes a high-pitched click once pressed The sound tends to be less audible after the key is pressed several times in a row The 'right arrow' key is always silent in comparison Anything I could try to X1 noisy keys fix this Does the noise go away with continued use Lastly I feel like I really have to press the trackpoint buttons down hard to register a left or right click I'm used to the older all-black trackpoint buttons which are smaller more silent and register a click no matter from which angle they are pressed The trackpoint buttons on the X don't reliable register a click for me if X1 noisy keys not pressed in the center For example I have trouble left clicking with my right thumb when using the trackpoint one-handedly with the right hand Is this normal for the new trackpoint buttons Thank you for your help David

A:X1 noisy keys

For what it's worth, my X1 Carbon that has just arrived has the same problem with the L key (and only that key). It is so noisy that without thinking I know that no other words in this post have that key   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-noisy-keys/td-p/638467
Relevancy 37.84%

Hoping someone can help Last year I installed a Radeon Pro into my system video fan noisy Another It works well with the cooling fan on high when the PC is turned on then switching to low power almost silent once the drivers are installed Another noisy video fan and WinXP completes booting up During regular use the fan never kicks back into high speed unless rebooting the PC or in Safe Mode Recently formatted the HD Another noisy video fan and reloaded WinXP then loaded the Radeon drivers However the fan is not switching back to low speed The drivers have been loaded twice and rebooted each time Also checked in Control Panel and everywhere I can think of to determine why Another noisy video fan the video card fan is not switching down to lower speed Checked with the company and they are at a loss as well Can anyone help determine what can be the problem I guess I can replace the fan but trying to see if there is a simple fix before I go that route Thank you in advance for any and all assistance nbsp

A:Another noisy video fan

Sorry I cannot help you ,but just want to say Hello and Welcome to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-noisy-video-fan.374348/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello To All,

I just bought my new PC (pls. see my system specs). I have a problem with my microphone. When I used the service a voice chat messenger, I found out that my background is too noisy.

I am not expert on computer and I hope someone could help me with my problem. I am so upset with this. Does Realtek can help me with my problem? How? Can I install it free? How? How to set-up then? Or anything you can suggest.

I badly need your help.

Thank you so much.

Outlaw

A:Too Noisy Background

What kind of microphone have you got? Have you browsed around the Control Panel for mic settings and see any option there that might help? Perhaps a setting in the voice chat messenger you use? Might also just be a bad (brand of) mic...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/151205-too-noisy-background.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I've had this problem for about the past year and fan Persistently noisy I just recently reinstalled the entire OS and it's not fixed the problem I can only surmise therefore that the problem is due to some upgrade to some drivers or something that has turned them into bloatware and something is causing my fan to run higher than it probably needs to I heard NVidia's drivers are guilty of such these days It was never like this before and it's Persistently noisy fan driving me mad I had this problem with my macbook and that was worse and now I have another noisy computer Is there something I can teak in the BIOS settings Maybe I need to Persistently noisy fan upgrade my BIOS or something I uninstalled this VAIO Care software and maybe this would have updated my computer and if I do that it will solve the problem I'm finding things are running slow as well again especially opening photos in Windows Photo Viewer I take a lot of HDR panoramic photography using a MP camera and so the files once I stitch them together can be quite large up to MB But even so it's a core processor with GB of ram It seems to start off ok but the more photos I look at the longer it takes to open them until it hangs and then I have to go into task manager to quit programs or just turn it off at the button This computer and OS used to be amazingly efficient and never caused me ANY problems up until about - months ago Then after so many updates after updates eventually it all just starts running slow and before you know it you have to buy a new computer and OS

A:Persistently noisy fan

I had the same problem (Laptop fan) so removed the fan and cleaned it. It was okay for two days then became noisy again. Purchased a new fan for ?17 GBP and fitted it. Now it's good as new and quiet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/356524-persistently-noisy-fan.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I just bought an HP OMEM GB Gig Model with NVidea card the fan noise level is way above the normal acceptable level i'm not even using the NVidea card only the basic graphic card but still very noticable fan noise nbsp - Noisy FAN OMEN HP I did go into BiOS as suggested and turned off Fan is always on nbsp nbsp I'm HP OMEN - Noisy FAN not pressing FN F to power on the FAN and what's strange in my case is that when i put the laptop into sleep and open again the fan really noise for second like it is doing something intensive then the FAN noise reduces but still noticable on the left hand side nbsp I have HP OMEN - Noisy FAN a Samsung Notebook years old side by side and i can't hear any noise while this new high spec Omen has this annoying fan noise nbsp nbsp Overall the PC looks nice but if I can't fix the noise level i might have to return it nbsp I really want to make this work so any support or suggestion is appreciated nbsp nbsp Thank you

A:HP OMEN - Noisy FAN

Hi there @PistisanWelcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having noisier than expected performance mostly coming from the cooling fan. I am happy to assist with this. As it is a brand new machine, you could call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Or if you prefer to work from the forums, then I would start with checking your system for any debris. It is quite possible that some of the packing material may have fallen into the fan assembly, and is the cause of the noise.Cleaning your Notebook PCLet me know if this helps at all.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-OMEN-Noisy-FAN/td-p/4993169
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

I have a problem with my new notebook Port?g? Z30-B-117,
It has realy noisy fan, I was forced to use baterry saving mode, without that I can not work on this machine.

The fan speed is absurdly designed.
It has much more speed even when it does not heat up.

Please make a new bios with clever fan speed, then it will be the best notebook on the market!

Thanks in advance.

A:Portégé Z30-B-117 noisy fan

Sometimes the fan activity would increase in case the CPU is loaded by some background processes.
I had notebook from another manufacturer and the fan speed was high due to process which was running in the background. From time to time the process locked the CPU (up to 80%-90% CPU utilization) and during this time the fan speed was very high.

I spend lot of time to search for details about this process and finally I found out that my antivirus software (it was Norton) loaded the CPU. I switched to Avira and Avast and this issue did not appear anymore.

However, I guess that the CPU could be busy due to any background process?

By the way: you are right: the BIOS contains the fan table and this fan table contain information how to control the cooling modules. But fan activity does not depend only on BIOS? as I said above: background processes as well as the CPU utilization affect the fan speed.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81693-Portégé-Z30-B-117-noisy-fan
Relevancy 37.84%

when i start my computer it became very noisy. the cooler is running very fast or what can be the problem? which antivirus shall i use? i'm sure is because of a virus or something. i'm using nod32 trial version but i'm looking to buy kaspersky. is it the best? i'm afraid it will get burned and i shot it off. pls help me!

A:My Computer Is Very Noisy

I would suspect a hardware problem, given the symptoms, and not malware. Have you opened your computer case to see if the fans are relatively clean?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140831/my-computer-is-very-noisy/
Relevancy 37.84%

i use windows 7 .

my laptop's hard disk seems to be noisy(lot of heads jumps) while vista wasn't !!!!! please verify let us know.

the installation is new so no deframmantion problem

A:windows 7 noisy !!!!!!!

Hi w7marci and welcome to Seven Forums,

That is nothing to be concerned about, it's indexing your hard drive to improve performance and it will settle down after a day or 2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/30729-windows-7-noisy.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My CD drive could be quite noisy at times when I read/play a CD. It could be music CD, data or application CD. Some instances could be noiser than others.

What could I do to eliminate this noise?

A:noisy CD Drive

If you're talking about it spinning at high speed, that's pretty normal. For the times that I want to play audio CD's on my system, I use Nero's DRIVESPEED utility that comes with Nero. It allows you to set the maximum speed of the drive, for audio playback, I set it to 4x.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-cd-drive.385103/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I experience a problem with my satellite S70-B-10Z.
The laptop isn't so cool the last few months as it used to be. Actually is getting really hot at the right side of the keyboard. There is also a noise coming from the fan. I checked tha fan speed and when I have only Chrome window (or any other's browser window) active it actualy reaches 82% of fan speed and stays constant. I updated everything (bios, intel graphics, amd graphics etc.) and managed to reduce a little bit the heat and now the fan speed reaches 82% sometimes but not continuously. However this continues to happen very often.

Is this normal? Is there a problem with the fan?

I have to mention that I sent it back to toshiba support here in Greece and they told me that they cleaned it but the problem still remains after that.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92214-Noisy-Fan-on-Satellite-S70-B-10Z
Relevancy 37.84%

I had my power supply replaced under warranty and now it sounds like a 747 on take off even worse after playing a game for awhile. It is supposed to be a 400watt but on the box it says 300 watts. Did they rip me off?

Relevancy 37.84%

This ANTI VIRUS GOLD program popped up and tried to hijack my computer I ran all the virus check programs and deleted it with add remove But want to make sure all is gone Could someone help Here is my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Noisy HardDrive Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Noisy HardDrive Explorer EXE C regprot regprot exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS webshots scr C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings DAVID HANES Desktop My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com old R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS eudzr dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS eudzr dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www medion com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Search Relevancy - D E B - CE- B-BE B-A B E - C PROGRA SEARCH SEARCH DLL file missing O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RegProt c regprot regprot exe start O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows TaskAd C Program Files Windows TaskAd WinTaskAd exe O - HKLM Run Windows ControlAd C Program Files Windows ControlAd WinCtlAd exe O - HKLM Run Win Comm C Program Files Win Comm WinComm exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run Windows ServeAd C Program Files Windows ServeAd WinServAd exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - ... Read more

Relevancy 37.84%

When I startup my PC the first time in the day(or for some hours without use) it has a noisy fan thats noticeable for about 3 mins, then fades away as if it wasn't even there...It runs fine for aslong as it continues running. Really odd...

Is there quick fix for this?

Relevancy 37.84%

When there is nothing plugged into the USB port of my compaq evo n600c and the cpu is mostly idle, there is a fairly loud, VERY annoying buzzing noise which seems to be coming from inside the computer near the USB ports. When I plug something in though, no matter what it is, the sound stops.

I've read about some different fixes for similar problems but I couldn't really find anything that seemed like it would work in my case. I'd prefer not to have to keep something plugged in at all times.

Any ideas?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/noisy-usb-port-480194.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer has just started making a loud whurling/humming noise (last couple of days) - it is coming from the case and not the speakers. What can it be and how can I fix it please?
It has been running slow for a week now also (but not when turning pages on the internet) when running some software programmes
My computer is 3 years old.
I use windows XP/athlon 2100 processor/512kb memory.

Relevancy 37.84%

I've got a Dell Dimension 4600, had it for 6 years, and have been modding it to hell ever since. But for as long as I can remember, my computer is rediculously loud, so much so that my brother can hear it in his room on the other side of the wall.

I'm not sure if it's because it's clogged with dust or if father time really took a bat and went to town on my computer, but I need to know, what's making my compy be so loud?

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello. My PC has started making a slow, repetitive, clicking noise and a quiet but audible high-pitched squeal at certain times of the day: usually late evening. At the same time, whatever I am doing on screen freezes then continues. Last night, however, it shut down completely and had to be re-started in Safe Mode. I have AVG free which does a scan in the evening, but not exactly at that time. My hard drive is a Maxtor 6Y080L0 ( I suspect that is the culprit) and a second Maxtor 6L160P0. The PC is usually on for several hours in the evening and is about 6 years old with a new fan fitted perhaps 3 years ago.
Any ideas, please?

A:noisy drive

Those sounds are typical of a dying drive. I'd backup your data and prepare to buy a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-drive.726329/
Relevancy 37.84%

Since I downloaded and installed the latest driver for my modem, every time I connect to the internet there is a loud and continuous noise from the modem itself and not from the speaker. Can anybody please help me to solve this as it's a real pain. (thank you) Tony.

A:Noisy Modem ??

You did not specify your OS so I cannot tell you EXACTLY what to look for but try this...

Open Control Panel (Start>Settings); look for something like "Phone and Modem Options"; double-click to open; click the "modems" tab; double-click the entry for your modem - this should give you a setting for the modem's speaker volume - not the PC's speaker; adjust this setting and test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-modem.81159/
Relevancy 37.84%

HI  I recently bought a HP Omen with 4gb dedicated GFX card. When I play games it makes the loudest noise I have heard from a laptop. Is there anyway to stop this, can I upgrade the memeory or SSd so it stops or is it gfx related. I am playing Fallout 4 and Skyrim which should not cause too many hassles with system.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Omen-noisy-fan/td-p/5799206
Relevancy 37.84%

I leave my computer on most of the time; it is set to go on standby overnight-- monitor, cpu, harddrive go idle. The last three mornings, when I 'awaken' it, it seems to be a little more noisy than usual with a higher pitched sound. After five to ten minutes, I notice that it is running quieter (normal) again.

Should I be worrying about the harddrive crapping out on me? Might it be the fan motor? Is this typical of a harddrive when it begins to wear out?

My computer is four years old; built in 1998.

A:Harddrive getting noisy

MarvCowles,
If you have room to install a 2nd hard drive I would do that. Then copy your important data there. In my experience it's a sure bet your hard drive WILL crash, it's just a matter of when. Get your data backed up some how.
You didn't state what OS you are using, but have you tried scandisk to check your drive? You could also check the mfg. website for disk checking utilities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/harddrive-getting-noisy.81199/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have windows xp my computer sounds like it is going to take off the noise is so loud I need help to try an lower this noise

Relevancy 37.84%

I run on xp pro and assembled my own pc with it in mind. I've not had a problem for 6 months or so but for now

When I boot up, my Liteon DVD drive makes a hell of a noise. This continues until the xp screen appears then all noise stops!

It happens wether or not i have a disc in the drive and immediately stops when the xp loading screen appears. With this in mind, i've ruled out a fault with the drive.

Is this a known problem?
Thanx in advance

A:Noisy drive

Does it make any noise when you use it? Is the noise like a whining sound? I am running XP home and have noticed the same thing (whining noise) but when I use it later it is fine. Neither of my drive are LiteOn either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-drive.103071/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ever since my brother changed the case on my pc, it's been so loud. Sounds like a plane is taking off. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Relevancy 37.84%

I've got a really noisy CPU fan and I'd like to replace it.

I heard that water coolers are the best but I looked on Savastore.com and couldn't find any. Would a standard fan do?

Processor is AMD 2000+

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi! I received a new laptop just yesterday. It a Sony Vaio FS515E and seems to be really good. Im not sure if I have a problem though. After using the laptop for about 4 hours when I switch it only it makes a lot of noise, like a purring of a cat but also some clicking. I wouldnt expect that from a new laptop and it wasnt doing it at first.

When I request the laptop to do anything it makes this noise but not as much as when it switches on. Please can you help me - should I contact the supplier and ask for a replacement or do you think this is normal???

TYIA!

A:New laptop is Noisy

I think you should contact the manufacturer although VAIO's are notoriously noisy and run incredibly hot...

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-is-noisy.60386/
Relevancy 37.84%

I want to make my computer quieter... How can I do that?
It is so loud that I can’t hear anyone in the hallway... When I talk to people on the phone they ask me what I’m doing because it is slow loud... Like I’m vacuuming the floors or someone is blow drying their hair...

Please help!

Thanks...

A:Noisy Computer

Some systems are just noisier than others. Fans are usually what makes the most noise especially if the system is just sitting there especially the fan on the heat sink and power supply. What can you do. Well you can try to upgrade the fans. I believe that there are heatsinks that don't have fans. I tried a kit from Antec that was supposed to help (basically just a bunch of rubber washers), but it didn't do anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-computer.262890/
Relevancy 37.84%

why does my computer make so much noise it sounds like it's rebooting and then it stops this goes on all the time esp when i'm not on can anyone tell me why....................

wut kind of computer is it. The fan on top the processor in HP and Compaq PC's spins at high speed when needed, whether you are on the PC or not. It depends on how hot the processor is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-computer.229658/
Relevancy 37.84%

my computer sounds noisy (humming) - I have taken the back off and sprayed the fan with air but it is still loud. What can I do next? I am a beginner so please keep it simple. What could it be? My computer has also been running slower than usual - is it related??
thanks

what are the specs of your machine?
has it always been "noisy(humming)'' or is it a new thing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-computer.220390/
Relevancy 37.84%

My computer is making an unusually high amount of whirling sound. It is very similar to CD-Rom sound but does it without them being used. It did seem to get more noticeable after I added a second burner but I can't imagine that having anything to do with it as the Sata HD doesn't tie into the IDE harness.

The noise does get louder when the computer is working harder but is there when idling. Do Sata HD's make this type of sound? I'm used to the grinding sound if anything with HD's. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm thinking its a fan, maybe somethign moved and a fan is rubbing on something.

Open up the case and try to isolate the source of the noise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noisy-computer.615655/