Windows Support Forum

Getting "reading error" of boot sector of harddrive w/ AVG 7.1 virus scan -- ???

Q: Getting "reading error" of boot sector of harddrive w/ AVG 7.1 virus scan -- ???

Hi,

I just downloaded the newest updates for the free AVG anti-virus, etc. (7.1) and ran the scan for my harddrive. For some reason, in the second entry of the scan (which is for the boot sector of drive c, my harddrive), it says there was a reading error:

Object: Boot sector of disc C:
Result: Reading error

...however, there was never any error before I updated to 7.1 (though that could be a coincidence). Before, it would just say:

Object: Boot sector of disc C:
Result: Ok

Why would this be? My computer boots up fine, so what does it mean that there's an error reading the boot sector? And is this something I can/should fix somehow?

I also have ZoneAlarm and am running Windows 98SE.

Any help is appreciated -- thanks!

-- bloomcounty

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Getting "reading error" of boot sector of harddrive w/ AVG 7.1 virus scan -- ???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Getting "reading error" of boot sector of harddrive w/ AVG 7.1 virus scan -- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-reading-error-of-boot-sector-of-harddrive-w-avg-7-1-virus-scan.410422/
Relevancy 86.18%

Running Win SE using a DVD-ROM drive to run play SMACPP Sid Meier Alpha Centauri Planetary Pack CD game Have played this game Sector => CDROM 1054 Reading (0)" "Error many many many numerous times even yesterday Every night the PC gets shut down Upon trying today CDROM => "Error Reading Sector 1054 (0)" to click the icon on desktop to load the game which must run w the CD in the drive that it was originally loaded installed from the monitor goes to a grey screen and then the PC locks up totally locked mouse is dead all is lost Control-Alt-Delete does nothing but give vent to frustration After performing hard reboot tried numerous times to play even directly from the CD each w the same grey screen result Ran Norton Sys Diagnostics upon entire system all came back good except CD-ROM that this game is in gives the quot Error Reading Sector quot code Ran same diagnostics upon only this CD-ROM using other games Myst etc all of these others came back good The SMACPP CD has NOT been removed from the tray it is not dirty scratched marred etc Even after cleaning it for the heck of it still getting same error code So after that long preamble a why is this happening b what does this code imply and c is there any means to remedy this situation so that can play this game w o any further lock-ups Have tried looking at Symantics website for help their Master Code list does not have a as it jumps from to grrrrr Many thanks nbsp

A:CDROM => "Error Reading Sector 1054 (0)"

"Error Reading Sector 1054 (0)" means that your CD-ROM drive is having problems reading data from a particular section of your CD-ROM.
Your CD-ROM is divided up into Manny sectors.

Could be dirt , use water & hand soap to clean CD , make sure CD is dry before inserting into player ;
- could be scratches on the CD , usually your CD is ripe for archiving into the round bin next to your desk (bey bey cd) ;
- could be dirt on the lens inside your CD-ROM player , people can clean this lens but considering how cheap CD-ROM players are you better buy a new 1 with DVD capability ;
- could be security feature from the producers of the game , errors are included to make copying harder.

Hard core gamers :kuch: make a virtual cd-rom drive on there hard disk drive & store the CD somewhere safe never to see daylight again to prevent the original CD from getting damaged.
Or they make a copy

Is it possible for you to test the CD on a different PC ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdrom-error-reading-sector-1054-0.223075/
Relevancy 108.79%

I tried formatting my hard drive using the provided software from the company I bought the computer from, but it did not install correctly. Now there is no Windows or any files of Windows showing up on my hard drive whatsoever.

Whenever I pop in the Windows CD to try and repair or re-install, I get an error that states "Disk Boot Sector is to be modified! Press Y to continue, any key to abort" and once I do, it seems like the Windows options are about to come up, but then it just shuts down my computer. Any thoughts or possible fixes? I'm not sure of the correct location for this thread so I put it here. Thanks in advance!

A:ERROR: "Disk Boot Sector is to be modified! Press Y to continue" then crash?

I'd try a bootable hard drive diagnostic that's available from the support website of the manufacturer of your hard drive. That'll let you know if the hard drive is failing and we can move on from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-disk-boot-sector-is-to-be-modified-press-y-to-continue-then-crash-366003.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello im unsure where to place this thread. " Disc boot failure, insert system disc and press enter " Is the error i get after i took out an IDE 80GB HDD. The primary boot drive is a OCZ vertex 2 120GB. Somehow my pc will not boot unless the 80GB HDD is in. Im unsure how they are related so could anyone help me out so that i dont need the 80GB HDD to boot up anymore.

A:Taking out IDE harddrive error "Disc boot failure, insert system..."

When you installed the OCZ drive, it sound like you had the 80gb HD connected. So the boot up files got written to the 80 gb HD. Do you have a Win7 install DVD ? If so run startup repair 3 times in a row with the 80gb disconnected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295714-taking-out-ide-harddrive-error-disc-boot-failure-insert-system.html
Relevancy 99.33%

The quot Idle-time Full System Scan quot in Norton v is bogging down my computer constantly and there is no option to turn it off in quot Automatic Tasks quot I contacted Norton and after several attempts to find someone at Norton who could understand what I just said above and getting quot hung-up quot on over Norton chat Inexcusable I was able to get a hold of a technician who told me that Norton intentionally removed this option quot for security reasons because they didn t want people turning it off quot The problem is people will then be forced to turn it off by turning off ALL scheduled tasks under quot Settings Norton option Tasks" available under "Virus Scan" No v4: 360 "Settings/Automatic Scheduling Schedule Manual Schedule quot and that is an even worse security problem than the relatively small one that would be created by turning off idle-time full system scanning Once the system has completed a full system scan all files are on-access scanned anyway so running a full system scan every - days is rather silly and extremely annoying--especially because it will continue to try to run every time the system Norton 360 v4: No "Virus Scan" option available under "Settings/Automatic Tasks" is idle if you cancel it A warning urging the user to not turn off idle-time full system scans without fully understanding the risks and after explaining the risks would be VERY preferable Or at least the option to run the full system scans when the system is idle on a certain day of the month week The schedule for idle-time full system scans really needs to be separate from other tasks In fact the BEST solution would be the option to change the scheduling options for EACH automatic task INDIVIDUALLY--with the option to change EACH one to quot Automatic Weekly Monthly Manual quot By forcing people to turn off ALL automatic tasks in order to control that ONE idle-time virus scan option ALL or NONE Norton has made the security problem they are trying to avoid much worse So in the mean time does anyone know a registry setting that will turn off quot Idle-time full system scans quot un-check the invisible box without turning off the other automatic tasks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-360-v4-no-virus-scan-option-available-under-settings-automatic-tasks.948984/
Relevancy 96.75%

hours ago I received an email which in my email software inbox called itself quot Fw feelin good quot The email was very small but No header details are visible at all It purports Rec'd sector feelin' "Fw: changed Boot email good?", to come from a friend but it may be masquerading I have AVG Grisoft security Things started to slow soon after the email s receipt and I had to reboot but not before I ran a system check which told me that the boot sector had been changed After rebooting I Rec'd email "Fw: feelin' good?", Boot sector changed ran a complete virus check and Rec'd email "Fw: feelin' good?", Boot sector changed spyware check - but they found nothing I don t believe that my system is sending out copies of that email A Has anyone had any experience of this message B Any helpful suggestions please Obviously a changed boot sector isn t good but right now nothing seems to be amiss I am using XP Pro but not the most recent version yes I know Firefox and Forte Agent v for email Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recd-email-fw-feelin-good-boot-sector-changed.599004/
Relevancy 96.75%

Well I hope this is the correct forum considering I don t actually have XP Pro installed yet Many moons ago June I purchased a Dell Inspiron to take to college It served faithfully including after The Great Red boot install hard XP on Solved: "No disk" trying while sector to Pro Bull Spill of until several weeks ago when the hard drive failed No big deal it s mainly my Netflix computer anyway However I d still like to have it back up and running so I purchased a refurbished gb hard drive off Ebay I installed the new hard drive and checked to see that it was recognized by the BIOS it is When I booted up the computer it said quot No boot sector on hard disk No bootable devices -- strike F to retry boot F for setup utility quot Of course I understand that s normal because the hard drive doesn t have anything on it yet Here s where the problems begin I have the Dell-issue XP Pro installation CD I Solved: "No boot sector on hard disk" while trying to install XP Pro changed the boot order in the BIOS so that it would first boot from the CD drive However I got the same quot No boot sector on hard disk No bootable devices -- strike F to retry boot F for setup utility Solved: "No boot sector on hard disk" while trying to install XP Pro quot error Well that CD drive has a history of acting up despite being recognized by the BIOS so I went out and got a USB CD drive the kind with two USB plugs one is for extra power I guess Again I changed the boot order in the BIOS to start with USB I got the same quot No boot sector on hard disk No bootable devices -- strike F to retry boot F for setup utility quot error I tried using the new USB CD drive with XP Pro disc on my other laptop and both worked just fine so I don t think the USB CD drive nor the XP Pro CD are at fault So here I am out of ideas and full of impotent frustration What am I doing wrong I thought I kind-of understood this stuff too Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: "No boot sector on hard disk" while trying to install XP Pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-boot-sector-on-hard-disk-while-trying-to-install-xp-pro.1014434/
Relevancy 96.32%

quot no boot sector on hard disk quot message - please help Hello My hard disk broke so I bought a new one and have just restored a backup I made sector diksk" boot hard - message on help please "no previously "no boot sector on hard diksk" message - please help with Norton Ghost The problem is that after re-starting the system I get the message quot No Boot Sector on Hard Disk quot I assume this means that Norton Ghost "no boot sector on hard diksk" message - please help didnt copy this over or couldnt so I put the XP CD in went to the Recovery Console and typed quot fixboot quot someone told me this would fix the problem Now when re-starting I get no message but just a blinking quot - quot and nothing happens Should I have used the quot fixmbr quot command or is something else wrong Sorry im a little bit clueless I have now restored the ghost backup again but still get this blinking quot - quot symbol on startup and using a dos boot disk the computer doesnt even think the c drive exists If anyone has any ideas I would be eternally gratefull Thanks for your time Jai nbsp

A:"no boot sector on hard diksk" message - please help

Welcome to TechSpot

I'm not sure about Norton Ghost (I use Drive Image instead).
It would not hurt to format that HD first in NTFS. Make the partition the same size as the backed-up one. If there is any space left, use that for a second partition.
Then do your Ghosting.
HTH

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-boot-sector-on-hard-diksk-message-please-help.16369/
Relevancy 96.32%

This is the third time I got the same Boot "No Sector" windows after reinstalled just recently blue screen and the next thing I know is that my dell inspiron can not boot anymore "No Boot Sector" after just reinstalled windows recently It tells me that quot "No Boot Sector" after just reinstalled windows recently no boot sector on internal hard drive quot After the last incident which was a night ago I reformatted complete reformat not the quick format my harddrive I also created partitions Drives C D and E I reinstall windows XP I regularly backup my data so that complete reinstallation is not an issue Now just a night after I reinstalled everything The blue screen shows up again and the next thing is quot no boot sector on internal hard drive quot I tried to repair and type in chkdsk f fixmbr fixboot Those commands do not work When I used my reinstallation CD I did not actually install the windows and went to a point I can see my harddrive I realize all my drives C D and E are gone All I see is one big harddrive needing to be formatted again Previously I created a boot cd I used that After I went in I cannot detect any of my drives C D and E I ran an extended dell diagnostic test and it found not problem with my harddrive I know if I reinstall the windows it will work for a while I had the same problem amp years ago I completely reinstalled my windows at that time It lasted amp years This time after reinstallation it only lasted one night Any idea Is this still possible a virus problem Or my harddrive is bad nbsp

A:"No Boot Sector" after just reinstalled windows recently

It is time for you to get another hard drive or two. I would advise instead of spliting up a single hard drive into 3 sections, use another drive for backing up important stuff. If that mutiple partitioned hard drive fails, like yours has, you loose everything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-boot-sector-after-just-reinstalled-windows-recently.107715/
Relevancy 95.03%

I am trying to set up an external USB drive as a bootable installer for Windows Pro x The drive is a Western "No Sector Boot On USB Found Device" Digital My Passport GB USB drive I am attempting to partition the drive into a GB partition that runs the Windows installer "No Boot Sector Found On USB Device" and a second partition containing the rest of the drive that will store other files This is the process I ve been using Create GB Partition Set Partition to Active Format Partition to NTFS with and allocation unit size of KB The first three steps I ve done using both command line and Disk Management Assign a letter to the drive Set USB as bootable using bootsect bootsect nt Copy installation files tried both copy paste and command line copy of files All of "No Boot Sector Found On USB Device" the steps have completed without error each time that I have tried them I ve run through multiple guides online with slight variations I ve run the formatting partitioning cleaning and copy from both the Disk Management and command prompt I ve tried by mounting the ISO files and copying them and by burning the files to a DVD that successfully boots then copying the DVD files And the result "No Boot Sector Found On USB Device" is always the same When I choose the boot option from an external USB drive the screen tells me No boot sector found on USB device The drive is good I ve run Checkdisk successfully and it also recognized under Computer and in Disk Management I ve also tried a different brand HDD don t remember what type running it through the same process and the same result My computer BIOS Dell XPS M is up to date and set for USB boot first and I am getting the same result on other machines Anyone have any ideas Am I leaving out a step Is it a compatibility issue with the hard drives Has anyone encountered this problem before I am aware that there are utilities out there with GUI's but I much prefer handling this through command prompt if possible Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated Below are some of the links that I followed Kevin s Blog Maximum PC How To Install Windows from a USB Key

A:"No Boot Sector Found On USB Device"

Follow this, it works.

USB hard drive a bootable Windows 7 install disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/175033-no-boot-sector-found-usb-device.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 that crashed a couple months ago. I posted several times on these forums trying to fix/ repair/ etc.. It ended up being a toasted HD. So I bought a new 320 GB HD. I just installed the new HD and when I put the flash stick in that has the latest Win 7 Home Premium with SP1 on it to try and do a reinstall, it comes up with the following. I must be missing a step or three. Please advise.

A:New HD for Inspiron -Win 7 INSTALL- "No boot sector on IHD..."

It's not booting the flash stick but trying to boot the unformatted internal HD.

At boot immediately start tapping the F12 key to get a boot menu. The flash stick should be listed under USB, REmovable or HD's - you may need to expand an entry to see it listed. Choose it and it should load files and install.

If not then rewrite your flash stick with the latest official ISO and tool in Steps 1 and 2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/249182-new-hd-inspiron-win-7-install-no-boot-sector-ihd.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a Dell Inspiron m Windows XP home SP This morning I dropped my laptop and the removeable hard drive came loose I fix disk"? how "No on sector boot to hard pushed it back and when I tried to reboot it gives a quot no boot sector on hard disk no bootable device strike F key to retry F- for how to fix "No boot sector on hard disk"? set-up utility quot message After several trials in restarting and pulling the how to fix "No boot sector on hard disk"? hard drive out and put it back in it gives an error message saying file system corrupted missing I put in the Dell Reinstallation CD that I used for the current installation to repair Windows In the command prompt when I typed chkdsk f it says the parameter is not valid I decided to just do a fresh installation I chose to install Windows but in the next screen it shows MB disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR It lists only MB unpartitioned space Why isn t there any list and even any option to delete the previous partitions Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this nbsp

A:how to fix "No boot sector on hard disk"?

Have you run the Dell diagnostics to rule out device failure ( including the hard drive )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-fix-no-boot-sector-on-hard-disk.696438/
Relevancy 95.03%

OS is Win2k. I ran norton virus-check after renewing the subscription on the net, when i returned the pc was frozen in mid-scan. No response to ctl-alt-del or anything. There were error messages about being unable to write to a log file and a connection may have been lost etc.
Eventually i switched off the pc, but then it would not run after that. Once powered, it comes up with a black screen & error message :
"Invalid partition boot sector, press any key to restart loading operating system"
but pressing any key just repeats the same message each time. You also get this short low 'burrrp' sound from the hard drive each time one presses a key.
Can anyone help ?
Thanks

A:"Invalid partition boot sector"

Not positive on win 2000, but on win '98 etc you would run the boot floppy and at command prompt type fdisk /mbr which would restore the master boot record which has been corrupted / lost.

It actually sounds as though you had a multi-partite virus freelove, onehalf.3544 etc which affect the boot sector and give errors exactly like what you have, including the 'press any key' part.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-partition-boot-sector.161550/
Relevancy 94.17%

hi,

i have tried a bunch of times tonight to run my "Ad-Aware" and wasn't able to, then i tried both my "HJT" as well as my killbox (just to see if it would load, didn't), and wasn't able to because of some "OLEAUT32.dll". i don't know if i am in the correct forum for help with this or not, but i thought it was worth a shot, if anyone can assist me i'd be grateful.
if i'm in the wrong forum please tip me off to that as well, as well as a hint which one to use, thanx!

i run windows me

i guess i shoulda said it said the OLEAUT32.dll, is out of date and those programs need a newer version

A:Solved: Can't run my "Ad-Aware", "HJT" or virus scan

Hi, You need the VB Runtime files to replace the newer OLEAUT32.dll file:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F9-B5C5-48F4-8EDD-CDF2D29A79D5&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-run-my-ad-aware-hjt-or-virus-scan.356095/
Relevancy 93.31%

i recently scanned my comp usin avg free and it said instead of the usual quot OK quot for the quot boot sector quot it said quot change quot what does this mean abt months ago everything listed said quot change quot and the comp was unbelievebly slow and turned out to b because the hard drive had broken or something but i got a new hard drive now so does sector "change"... Boot this mean i will have to get yet another new harddrive i also just heard that it could be a boot virus and when i rebooted just now instead of Boot sector "change"... booting normally it came up with that screen which asks if you want to start windows normally and some other Boot sector "change"... options ty in advance EDIT im gona post my hijackthis log if it helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Boot sector "change"... WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe D Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgemc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgwb dat C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IEHelperObj Class - A -BAD - D - D - B D A F - D PROGRA Odigo Bin OdigoBHO dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FLASHGET jccatch dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FLASHGET fgiebar dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run IMSCMIG W C PROGRA COMMON MICROS IME IMSC W IMSCMIG EXE SetPreload Log O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot D Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run CursorXP quot d Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe quot -s O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - G... Read more

A:Boot sector "change"...

No, if you replaced the hard drive then AVG will notice his, it's not a problem. I partitioned my hard drive and AVG said the same, boot sector changed, it's just warning you off changes!
your log is clean!
You need extra clenaing tools to protect you, download and regularly use these free tools!
go to this site and download these tools and once you get both
adaware Se 1.6 and spybot, update both of them.

Set adaware to do a full system scan and deselect, "search for neglible risk
entries". Click next to start the scan. Delete everything adaware finds.

reboot and now run spybot

Spybot: Search and destroy.

Delete what spybot finds marked in red. After updating spybot hit the
immunize button.

reboot again
With CWshredder close all browsers and programmes and select the FIX button.

Go here and download Microsoft Antispyware Beta. First in the top menu click
File then Check for updates to download the definitons updates.

After updating look in the right side of the main window under "Run Quick
Scan Now" and click Spyware scan options. In that window put a tick by Run a
full system scan and then put a check by all three options below that then
click Run Scan now.

When the scan is finished, let it fix anything that it finds (have it
quarantine the items that have that option rather than delete just in case.
It is a beta program and there may be false positives)

Restart your computer.
All tools can be downloaded at the link below and found on that page!
. Microsoft® Windows AntiSpyware
. Trend micro CWShredder
. SpyBot search and destroy
. AdAware SE

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

post another log if you wish!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-sector-change.404135/
Relevancy 92.02%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have actually been getting this error for the past month, at least since March 29th. I've made several attempts to work around it but to no avail. It appears that there is an error with the other browsers as well. I have searched for solutions for this for several weeks, none of which fit my problem. I uninstalled my clamwin antivirus in favor of Windows Security Essentials, though, most people have fixed this problem by messing with AVG? I don't think I have AVG on my computer?

Anyway, if someone knows how to solve this problem please let me know, I'm willing to try anything.

A:"Failed-Virus scan failed" error when making downloads on chrome

Let's see what Anti-virus is installed ....

Download CKScanner from here http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/CKScanner.exe
Save it to your desktop. <=== IMPORTANT
Doubleclick CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click "Save List To File".
A message box will verify that the file is saved.
Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/287204-failed-virus-scan-failed-error-when-making-downloads-chrome.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have had some problems on my computer not booting up. One thing that was metioned that I may have a virus in the boot sector.
How do scan the boot sector without booting up?

A:virus scan on boot sector?

Try this and you will have to be patient and wait for the HJT experts to diagnose the log file, they are the folks with the little yellow shield after their name

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-scan-on-boot-sector.515621/
Relevancy 89.01%

Pictures taken with a digital camera and carrying the "name" of "IMG_####.JPG" can not be opened by nor inserted into MS Photo Editor. "Error Reading File" comes up.

Is there a way around this problem?

{redoak}

Relevancy 89.01%

I had posted this in the quot Game quot section of the forum since the problem appears to be with the installation of newer games but thought it could very well apply to a hardware issue as well -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello all I m posting here for the first time in hopes someone can help me find a solution to a very Error Source File" - Reading Help! "Failed Solved: frustrating problem I researched what I could and tried numerous possible solutions but nothing seems to work The Problem I get the following error during the installation of newer games i e Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood quot Failed Reading Source File DRIVE LETTER FOLLOWED BY SOME RANDOM FILE NAME The source media may be bad If installing from a CD try cleaning the CD to remove any dirt quot This error occurs every time I try to install and at seemingly random Solved: "Failed Reading Source File" Error - Help! points during the install process One time it will happen on CD and the next Solved: "Failed Reading Source File" Error - Help! time it will happen on CD I don t appear to have this problem during application software installation as I m able to install MS Office without any issues System Information I m going off of memory here since I m currently at work Processor AMD Athlon FX- MOBO ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe MOBO Chipset Nvidia nForce AMD OS XP Professional Graphics Nvidia GeForce Optical Drives DVD-ROM can t remember model DVD-RW can t remember model History I ve had this system for about a year now and it was in need of a clean reinstall I formatted the HDD and installed the most current graphics driver Nvidia Forceware sound card driver and chipset drivers nForce AMD edition v I installed MS Office via my optical drives with no problems Everything appeared to run smoothly for several weeks I purchased Brothers In Arms EIB and this is when I noticed I had a problem as this was my first encounter with the above listed error I tried to install Chronicles of Riddick also a recent purchase and had never installed before and I get some CRC error during the installation process I also was unable to install HL via the optical drive but I could download it over the Steam network I did have HL installed via the optical drive before I formatted my HDD I tried to install Battlefield since this was an older game and I know that I never had issues with it The install was successful So it appears to be newer games vs application programs and older games that I am having issues with Solutions Attempted Verified the CD is clean it s brand new and no scratches Changed IDE Channel from DMA to PIO - unsuccessful Installed the most recent chipset drivers - unsuccessful Loaded the XP default IDE drivers vs using the Nvidia nForce drivers - unsuccessful Tried installing from both drives - unsuccessful Purchased an external CD-ROM drive and tried to install from that - unsuccessful Stopped start up programs from loading in the event that one of them was interfering with the installation process - unsuccessful Other Notes After my reinstall I realized that in my Device Manager it said that I didn t have drivers for the RAID Controller installed I am not using the RAID feature as I only have one HDD so I didn t think this would be an issue Could this somehow be related to the problem Since it only seems to affect newer games I am going to try some more older games and application programs tonight to verify that it s only the newer games I m having issues with could the problem be related to Securom copy protection I m out of ideas guys I have purchased some games that I can t even play and am now afraid to purchase any more games until I get this resolved damn it and I m really anxious to pick up F E A R and Age of Empires III Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a bunch in advance -------------------------------------------------------------------------- SOLUTION It turns out I must h... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-failed-reading-source-file-error-help.410704/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello all I m posting here for the first time in hopes someone can help me find a solution to a very frustrating problem I researched what I could and tried numerous possible solutions but nothing seems to work The Problem I get the following error during the installation of newer games i e Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood quot Failed Reading Reading Error "Failed File" Help! - Source Solved: Source File DRIVE LETTER FOLLOWED BY SOME RANDOM FILE NAME The source media may be bad If installing from a CD try cleaning the CD to remove any dirt quot This error occurs every time I try to install and at seemingly random points during the install process One time it will happen on CD and the next time it will happen on CD I don t appear to have this problem during application software installation as I m able to install MS Office without any issues System Information I m going off of memory here since I m currently at work Processor AMD Athlon FX- MOBO ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe MOBO Chipset Nvidia nForce AMD OS XP Professional Graphics Nvidia GeForce Optical Drives DVD-ROM can t remember model DVD-RW can t remember model History I ve had this system for about a year now and it was in need of a clean reinstall I formatted the HDD and installed the most current graphics driver Nvidia Forceware sound card driver and chipset drivers nForce AMD edition v I installed MS Office via my optical drives Solved: "Failed Reading Source File" Error - Help! with no problems Everything appeared to run smoothly for several weeks I purchased Brothers In Arms EIB and this is when I noticed I had a problem as this was my first encounter with the above listed error I tried to install Chronicles of Riddick also a recent purchase and had never installed before and I get some CRC error during the installation process I also was unable to install HL via the optical drive but I could download it over the Steam network I did have HL Solved: "Failed Reading Source File" Error - Help! installed via the optical drive before I formatted my HDD I tried to install Battlefield since this was an older game and I know that I never had issues with it The install was successful So it appears to be newer games vs application programs and older games that I am having issues with Solutions Attempted Verified the CD is clean it s brand new and no scratches Changed Solved: "Failed Reading Source File" Error - Help! IDE Channel from DMA to PIO - unsuccessful Installed the most recent chipset drivers - unsuccessful Loaded the XP default IDE drivers vs using the Nvidia nForce drivers - unsuccessful Tried installing from both drives - unsuccessful Purchased an external CD-ROM drive and tried to install from that - unsuccessful Stopped start up programs from loading in the event that one of them was interfering with the installation process - unsuccessful Other Notes After my reinstall I realized that in my Device Manager it said that I didn t have drivers for the RAID Controller installed I am not using the RAID feature as I only have one HDD so I didn t think this would be an issue Could this somehow be related to the problem Since it only seems to affect newer games I am going to try some more older games and application programs tonight to verify that it s only the newer games I m having issues with could the problem be related to Securom copy protection I m out of ideas guys I have purchased some games that I can t even play and am now afraid to purchase any more games until I get this resolved damn it and I m really anxious to pick up F E A R and Age of Empires III Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a bunch in advance ------------------------------------------------------------------------- SOLUTION It turns out I must have a bad RAM module I have RAM modules gig each in my system I pulled one of the modules out and everything installed perfectly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-failed-reading-source-file-error-help.410666/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi all,
I received help here a few days ago about reinstalling MS Photo Editor on my computer. Somehow Windows Picture Gallery had taken over and I've since downloaded MS Photo Editor and set it as my default to view photos. The new problem is that I just uploaded new photos to my computer from my Canon Powershot and when I click to open them with MS photo editor I get an error message saying "Error opening file." MS Photo Editor is opening all of my old photo files just fine - it seems to be these new ones off my camera that are giving me trouble. When I open them with Windows Photo Gallery they open fine, but I hate using that program. Any advice? I'm so frustrated!
Erin

Relevancy 88.58%

Dear Tech Support It seems I have got a virus A pretty serious one I was browsing different websites in Firefox about an hour ago when suddently it closes down and multiple maybe hundreds of windows opens on my desktop I close a couple of them but realizes it is useless and perhaps stupid seconds later what appears to be a legit Windows window opens the same type that opens when you plug in a USB drive telling me I have quot harddrive error quot I kind of panic and shut down the computer on the psychical quot power of quot -button Then after some thinking I open the computer in Safe Mode to see what is going on Everything i gone I try to relax with down, shut error". Opens everything "harddrive multiple After windows gone. and figures that it might help to System Restore Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone. back to last Windows Update from the th of April Computer reboots and I log in Almost everything i gone There I see Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone. the Internet Download Manager icon the program i use to catch direct downloads from the internet in the bottom right corner is still there So I open the program and sees some of my previous downloads I don't remember completely but thye seemed old I right click and chooses quot Show in folder quot It opens the folder but before I can see anything it opens hundreds of windows again telling me I got harddrive errors I quickly shut down the computer again Now I am here on my girlfriend's iPad Can someone help me It seems my files some of them at least is still on the computer maybe just hidden by the virus My school stuff is saved on Dropbox but I would love not to lose gb of music and all my other stuff - EDIT I am running Windows not sure which service pack - but I always update my computer when there is an update ASUS X SV quot HD GeForce GT Core i - QM GB RAM GB HDD DVD RW kamera BT W Home

A:Opens multiple windows with "harddrive error". After shut down, everything gone.

EDIT: I have Microsoft Security Essentials.

What I was mostly doing WHEN it happened, was browsing reddit while chatting with my friends on facebook. They also linked and directed me rather discusting subreddits (as a joke of course), but the second I got in there and noticed what it was, I closed the tab.

Else I haven't downloaded anything particular the last week. And nothing from untrusted websites; I'm normally pretty careful with downloading.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/opens-multiple-windows-with-harddrive-error-after-shut-down-everything-gone-640116.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I just tried to reformat and install windows XP home edition and upon coming to the screen of quot Repair quot or quot Install fresh copy quot I received an error reporting Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue harddrive" XP error: installation "Setup Win cannot home find To quit setup press F I have no idea why it would be saying this I m using the same computer now seconds later than when I was trying to install windows Currently I m using Windows Professional x this is the reason I want home I hate not having any drivers for webcams printers and the like Asus A V-Deluxe motherboard and the harddrive in question is a Western Digital gb rpm mb buffer SATA drive Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Win XP home installation error: "Setup cannot find harddrive"

A friend of mine is also running a 64bit system, we tried to install xp pro on it and it was extremely unstable. It now has xp64 on it and it runs fine. As for the drivers u mentioned, its just a matter of time. The industry will hopefully catch up soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-home-installation-error-setup-cannot-find-harddrive.34185/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello At boot up my computer will prompt with the quot Windows Windows boot IE and at with 6 error "No error Disk" "hungapp" - No Disk quot error message I try to cancel each time and usually by the the third cancel it finally goes away Internet Explorer will freeze with the quot hungapp quot error message I have to do Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6 a CTRL ALT DEL to close This happens quite frequently and just about makes IE unusable Any ideas as to what can be causing this Below is my HijackThis Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6 log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6 exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Belkin Bulldog Plus upsd exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS Dit exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files mobile PhoneTools WatchDog exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI HYDRAVISION HydraDM exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS DitExp exe C Program Files Belkin Bulldog Plus MUPS exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin s... Read more

A:Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6

Click Run, type in msconfig, click OK, click Startup tab find dit.exe and uncheck it, click apply and reboot system. This worked for me with "No Disk" problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-error-at-boot-and-hungapp-error-with-ie-6.537014/
Relevancy 88.15%

i have dreamscene that awesome app that Working Dream reading Stop wallpaper Scene "error original bitmap" After Restarting make video appear as wallpaper but now i got active desktop calendar which is a very good calendar that add events notes in precise way and i was looking for something like this for my mom medicine it have strict times that cant be delayed anyway i installed it and then added events then restarted then got this error quot error reading original wallpaper bitmap quot which come from active desktop calendar side then dreamscene stop working and isntead of cool video on wallpaper it turn black i tried everything couldn't find a clue and tried to ask the customer support in each of dreamscene and active desktop calendar and no reply until now i dont know what to do if someone have any clue about this please help or if you know another perfect calendar note reminder program that actually like active desktop calendar or better than it tell me it's name braaaaaaaaaaaains

A:Dream Scene Stop Working After Restarting "error reading original wallpaper bitmap"

You have altered the original BitMap photo of the calendar by adding events and Dream Scene cannot find the original un-altered photo so it gives you a black screen. I don't think you are going to be able to have an active calendar for a screen saver that you can add events to, as far as I know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dream-scene-stop-working-after-restarting-error-reading-original-wallpaper-bitmap-540069.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi there-
I am in the process of re-imaging my laptop (Sony VAIO Win XP Home) and at about "66%" complete of Recovery Disk 2, it tells me "Critical Error Abort Retry Ignore Fail". I have no idea waht is going on, as I completed this successfully about 1 month ago. Also, soemtimes it asks me for a "Command line"...but I have no idea what to do. The system was orignally FAT32 with 2 partitions. I am interested in making it 1 partition. Regardless, I can't do anything because now I have nothing!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dr

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-re-imaging-harddrive-critical-error.19200/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I ve run SuperAntiSpyware Wizard" "Sys Pop-ups "Security & Integrity System Scan Warning" Ad-Aware SpyBot and Norton which removed some trojan files and registry items but I m still getting pop-ups quot Security System Warning quot and quot System Integrity Scan Wizard quot Below is my HiJackThis log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system cryptainersrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data kfsnolql ynynormr exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C WINDOWS system clghcnev exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid amp mid MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AOL AOL Search Enhancement AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO ... Read more

A:"Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sys-integrity-scan-wizard-security-system-warning-pop-ups.699730/
Relevancy 86.43%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Mods if you feel that this thread is more of a quot Windows quot issue please feel free to move this thread Here last year I did my second build because I was having quot boot quot issues Wasn t certain what exactly the problem was at the time But something some how screwed up the boot sequence in my system failed a selection required "The because "0xc000000e" device......... code Error boot and where everything was pretty much quot outdated quot I just went ahead and did another build Though since then I ve been pondering around with the thought of using a SATA to IDE adapter so that I can retrieve Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device......... what ever salvageable data I can from one of the two HDD s that was in my last build So I finally broke down and ordered a couple different one s earlier this week Unfortunately I ve been running in to some problem s when I try to launch with the IDE in place Upon initial launching the boot sequence seem to take some time longer than it normally does with out the IDE HDD in place Though after a - sec lapse I ll get an error screen displaying an windows error code of quot xc e quot with a prompt message below stating quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I searched all over online to see what that error code represents only to get quot pages after pages quot of sites with each site telling me something different I have no intentions of using this as a third HDD in my system I just want to retrieve select data from it nbsp

A:Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device.........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-the-boot-selection-failed-because-a-required-device.1041435/
Relevancy 86%

I am posting this for a friend so he at least can get past the first hurdle. He is unable to start any programs or connect to the internet. Whenever he clicks on something he gets a popup that says "Click here to run scan" ... which he says must be a virus. He started in safe mode and ran Super Antispyware, but it didn't help.

A:Virus? Can't open programs or internet, popup says "Click on here to run scan"

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

After that last error message he can't even start his computer. If he purchased Windows 7 and tried to install that would it clean out the old windows and fix everything automatically? Or, does whatever is in there have to be fixed first, before he can install it. He got the system from someone awhile ago so he doesn't have the installation discs, he is going to check with him. I just thought it might be easier to install the new windows instead, and it might be cheaper overall then taking it to geek squad or whatever they're called. Not sure what to do in this situation, never had it that bad with any of my problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-cant-open-programs-or-internet-popup-says-click-on-here-to-run-scan.912711/
Relevancy 86%

Hello everyong I just picked up a pretty good used computer and I'm giving it a little shake down first It already had MS Security Essentials preloaded so that was pretty sweet First shows scan virus computer. used "worm:inf/vobfus.gen" Bought However it found the virus quot worm inf vobfus gen quot Thankfully it was able to quarantine the virus What really bothers me is that it found the virus when I put in my USB flash drive that I usually use on my main computer I decided to post my HJT log just to make sure there's nothing else wrong Logs attached as well DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by My Computer at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Bought used computer. First virus scan shows "worm:inf/vobfus.gen" Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService Bought used computer. First virus scan shows "worm:inf/vobfus.gen" C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users My Computer Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun MSSE quot c program files microsoft security essentials msseces exe quot -hide -runkey mRun PDVDDXSrv quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd dx PDVDDXSrv exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mPolicies-explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SERVICES DRIVERS R MpFilter Microsoft Malware Protection Driver c windows system drivers MpFilter sys - - R AERTFilters Andrea RT Filters Service c windows system AERTSrv exe - - R MpNWMon Microsoft Malware Protection Network Driver c windows system drivers MpNWMon sys - - R rt x Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Driver c windows system drivers netr sys - - R VST DPV VST DPV c windows system drivers VSTDPV SYS - - R VSTHWBS VSTHWBS c windows system drivers VSTBS SYS - - S clr optimization v Microsoft NET Framework NGEN v X c windows microsoft net framework v mscorsv... Read more

A:Bought used computer. First virus scan shows "worm:inf/vobfus.gen"

Hello NeverSpoken,

Given the mention of your usb stick, I'd like to see a log from a different scanner. Download rsit.exe and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
Once it has finished, two logs will open.I only need to see the contents of the log.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/bought-used-computer-first-virus-scan-shows-worm-inf-vobfus-gen-511297.html
Relevancy 86%

For the last day or two I have had the gereric virus scan popup when opening any program I looked at the system processes and I saw a few that I dont recognize Just wondering what you guys see and how to get rid of it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c any of w/hjt on popup random scan" "virus open log program Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C random "virus scan" popup on open of any program w/hjt log WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C HP KBD KBD EXE c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdMgr exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http portal wowway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - UR... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-virus-scan-popup-on-open-of-any-program-w-hjt-log.883039/
Relevancy 86%

Hello I have jsut scanned my computer with my anti virus bitdefender internet security and it found password protected items It says beside on the logfile Not scanned Here is "Acess delete Not letting denied" virus, got saying or I scan me a the bitdefender logfile Product BitDefender Internet Security Version BitDefender I got a virus, Not letting me scan or delete saying "Acess denied" UIScanner v Scanning task Deep System Scan Log date PM Log path C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Bitdefender Desktop Profiles Logs deep scan xml Scan Paths Path C Path D Scan Options Scan for viruses Yes Scan for adware Yes Scan for spyware Yes Scan for applications Yes Scan for dialers Yes Scan for rootkits Yes Target Selection Options Scan registry keys Yes Scan cookies Yes Scan boot sectors Yes Scan memory processes Yes Scan archives Yes Scan runtime packers Yes Scan emails No Scan all files Yes Heuristic Scan Yes Scanned extensions Excluded extensions Target Processing Default action for infected objects Disinfect Default action for suspicious objects None Default action for hidden objects None Default action for encrypted infected objects None Default action for encrypted suspicious objects None Default action for password-protected objects Log as not scanned Scan engines summary Number of virus signatures Archive plugins Email plugins Scan plugins System plugins Unpack plugins Overall scan summary Scanned items Infected items Suspicious items Resolved items Unresolved items Password-protected items Overcompressed items Individual viruses found Scanned directories Scanned boot sectors Scanned archives Input-output errors Scan time Files per second Scanned processes summary Scanned Infected Scanned registry keys summary Scanned Infected Scanned cookies summary Scanned Infected nbsp

A:I got a virus, Not letting me scan or delete saying "Acess denied"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-got-a-virus-not-letting-me-scan-or-delete-saying-acess-denied.849532/
Relevancy 85.57%

This is an advise for people having the problem in subject who didn't find an answer here:
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/463594-disabling-running-virus-scan-win.html

Question: Is there a way to turn off Microsoft Word’s virus scanning feature? I’m having a problem with Word running a virus scan any time I open a file. It really slows me down as I am constantly opening and closing documents.
Answer: Norton Antivirus has a Word plugin that is known to cause problems with opening documents and slowing down computers using it. This plugin remains even if you have removed Norton AV for years.

To remove the plugin download and run:

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe
This exe will remove all the Norton applications from your system.

Source:
http://blog.chron.com/helpline/2006/02/virus-scan-in-microsoft-word-is-slowing-me-down/

A:Disabling "Running virus scan" in Win word II

Is it me or did you answer your own question ?!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-running-virus-scan-in-win-word-ii.1041330/
Relevancy 85.57%

In Word, there is an annoyance that really gets to me. Every time I open a file in Word, it says on the bottom of the screen, "Requesting Virus Scan", and it drives me nuts because it takes about 20 seconds to open the file. Now, all my Word files are ones created by me only. I know there is no virus present. So, how do I disable this feature. I looked all through the Word options. Also, I looked through my anti-virus software, which by the way is Norton Anti Virus, version 8.07.17c.

Relevancy 85.57%

I can not get on the internet My wife was on facebook two days ago and downloaded something and now there s two new icons on the desktop run virus icons - "run scan" new - desktop internet No virus scan and Run spyware test I tried to reboot the modum No internet - new desktop icons - "run virus scan" and my computer I ve also run a virus scan with Mcafee and nothing came up However I ve never updated anything on Mcafee since we purchased No internet - new desktop icons - "run virus scan" the machine over a year and a half ago Another computer dell laptop works fine and I m able to get on the internet with it So I m pretty sure it s not a modem problem I ve checked the connections and everything seems pretty secure Under Properties of the two new icons I see the following Description Run Virus Scan URL http www linksforclicks com soft c Description Online Spyware Test URL http www linksforclicks com test c Everything else on the computer seems to work okay for now What should I do nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

All of a sudden I am not able to open any of my word documents
They open to a gray screen and at the bottom say
"requesting virus scan....."

Don't know what I have done.
I installed two new programs recently but they do not seem to have
anything to do with the documents.
WinPatrol and Zappit

Thanks for your help

A:Microsoft word keeps requesting "virus scan"

wiered - cleared up the next day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-keeps-requesting-virus-scan.599557/
Relevancy 85.57%

Frequently when I start up Word 2003 (& Xp before that), in Windows XP, I get the message on the bottom left "Running virus scan ..." and it takes forever to open. And the same thing happens sometimes when I open a file. I'm using Norton Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm firewall. They take care of the email virus scanning. I really don't need internal scanning like this that holds me up for so long. How do I put a stop to it?

Relevancy 85.57%

Hi friends

Whenever Iam trying to open a word document from cd it automatically starts "Running virus scan" and takes some time for small files but for big sized files it is keeps on doing the virus scan and not oening the file.

How to disable the virus scan?

My pc Specs are:
P-III, WIn XP prof, office 2003, and Norton AV 2006.
Thanks.

Relevancy 85.14%

Whenever I plug in my USB device it wants to "scan and fix" but works if I just continue. On the other hand the G drive which is for my SD card gives me errors of corruption even before I took it out for the first time. Something is up with the drives and they are updated and all that. Also, with the SD card it doesn't let me delete and when I do add it is just the folder without the contents which then I can't delete. Help me fix this problem. I have a LX series Gateway computer with the pop up drive if that gives you any idea what I am dealing with.

PS: Should have bought a Mac.

A:USB Drives- "Scan and Fix" error and SD Card drive doesn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drives-scan-and-fix-error-and-sd-card-drive-doesnt-work.919930/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi nbsp nbsp It seems as if Windows has some issues with sharing folders since konica minolta Bizhub Multifunction printer SMB Scan failed when scan folder shared in the root drive usually C and configured in MFP with issue 8.1-Scan " Konica SMB C451 due minolta error bizhub Windows to "deleted to during Konica minolta bizhub C451 issue with Windows 8.1-Scan to SMB "deleted due to error " the nbsp process scanned image could be seen in shared folder but after a while it vanished and on MFP panel the error appear quot deleted due to server error quot and in the log file server error indicated nbsp Searched the issue in konica minolta website found out there is an update regarding this and some other issues all in one Konica minolta bizhub C451 issue with Windows 8.1-Scan to SMB "deleted due to error " nbsp update nbsp under the name KB for windows - x -based system nbsp nbsp This update doesn't apply to bit operating system so the problem still remains I don't know of any updates for bit operating systems so if someone knows anything in this regard or represent any solution that would be appreciated nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp You cannot use certain third-party devices to send a document to a shared folder in Windows RT Windows or Windows Server R https support microsoft com en-us kb https www microsoft com en-sg download details aspx id

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0791ab45-75b5-46b6-baa5-2d9893ab9b5e/konica-minolta-bizhub-c451-issue-with-windows-81scan-to-smb-quotdeleted-due-to-error-quot?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 84.71%

I am running MS Word 2003 on Windows XP, and it takes something like 2 minutes to start up because it is "Requesting virus scan ..." From reading other articles about this issue on the web, it seems this is activity from Norton Anti-Virus, but I no longer am using NAV. I even used the symNRT.exe uninstall utility provided on the NAV website, but Word is still requesting a virus scan.

I'm now using the McAfee VirusScan provided by AOL, but I don't see any options that would be responsible for doing this. So are there remnants of NAV still on my computer, or is Word still looking for a component that no longer exists, or is it something else I am missing? What can I do to get rid of this behavior?

Thanks in advance! You guys are great!

Relevancy 84.71%

Cherrio,

Got the "my computer scan online" virus off Facebook ;clicked close button- kaplow.

Formatted 4 times now
Ran- hi jack this, norton, avira, malware bytes, msoft sec essentials. which found the trojans first go but all the rest come up ok multiple times. and the font systemwide is garbled and crappy.

The particulars = When video card is updated to 2010 driver (geforce 6600. yeah a 05 card) the font is normal and videocard wont work.

When i format the font is clear for a few minutes then garbled back again for good.

should i get anew card?

Bless.

screen capture has eluded me so far

A:Corrupt font after "SCAN" virus...

1. Reformat and clean install the system, make sure there is no malware
2. Get the right driver for your card, GF6600 is quite old and not every driver will work - not necessarily the latest (know this from my own experience, a few years ago I had GF6600 AGP8x)
3. Stress test it FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
4. If you see any artifacts at standard clocks, especially if you see them before you log in to windows, that means the card bit the dust. Hopefully not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/116602-corrupt-font-after-scan-virus.html
Relevancy 84.71%

This thread directly continues from the now closed thread http forums techguy org business-applications -disabling-running-virus-scan-win html entitled Disabling quot Running virus scan quot win II Essentially the only solution I have seen so far is related to providing clean uninstall of Norton products from systems by using some sort of Norton Removal Tool III scan" "Running virus win Disabling However the question remains what do those of us who use Norton do in this case I use Norton Internet Security on a windows -bit system On one system I have the problem of running a virus scan Disabling "Running virus scan" win III when Office documents start and on the other system I do not never did For Disabling "Running virus scan" win III some reason the problem only appears on one of the two systems Both run windows -bit On the offending system Disabling "Running virus scan" win III after closing all office documents and ensuring no processes were still running I went to the Norton panel then to Computer -- gt Computer Scan and then I turned off the Microsoft Office Automatic Scan and restarted the computer Yet again the automatic scan remains whenever I open a word document causing a considerable delay especially when you have to open and close hundreds of documents Any ideas what to do in this case I just wonder if anyone has managed to solve this issue ---- System details ASUSTeK Computer INC System BIOS American Megatrends Inc Buses ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB FireWire i c SMBus Intel Core i CPU Ghz Chipset ASUS X Total RAM GB DDR x GB x GB Nanya DIMM DDR PC - U modules Video adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX Hard drive Hitachi TB SATA rpm NCQ MB cache optical drive DVDRAM HL-DT-ST SATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB cache Printer HP LaserJet Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Windows System MS Windows Home SP platform x nbsp

A:Disabling "Running virus scan" win III

Try running the Norton install again and see if it allows you to remove any of the existing components. If there is an Office plug in option remove it from there.

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-running-virus-scan-win-iii.1052004/
Relevancy 84.28%

I m trying to do a fresh install of Windows Ultimate bit but i can t get "insert boot underscore" installer. and media" boot into Win7 Cannot "flashing proper the installer to load I have access to a Xubuntu install and a OS X install The original hard drive Windows was installed on stopped working completely So I ve bought a brand new one I followed the steps I did the first time I installed Windows - converting the iso to and img with OS X s hdiutil and Cannot boot into Win7 installer. "insert proper boot media" and "flashing underscore" the dd command to burn it to a USB This time I would just get a quot please insert proper boot media quot error I went to my Xubuntu computer it s used like a chromebook - i m not a big linux guy and tried WinUSB These USB keys lead to a screen that had a flashing underscore a few spaces from the top of the screen It dawned on me that the first thing I did when I installed windows the first time was update the bios So I tried flashing a few different BIOS versions but none of them made a difference gt I really need help - I can t think of anything else to try Thank you very much TL DR Cannot boot into Win installer OS X made USB keys show quot insert proper boot media quot - Ubuntu made keys show quot flashing underscore quot - Tried different BIOS versions Win -has- worked here before Intel Core i - Quad-Core Processor GHz LGA Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H Motherboard Gigabyte GeForce GTX Corsair GB x GB -Pin SDRAM DDR Corsair W nbsp

A:Cannot boot into Win7 installer. "insert proper boot media" and "flashing underscore"

From where did you buy Windows 7 Ultimate? Did you not get a set of two DVDs with your purchase?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-boot-into-win7-installer-insert-proper-boot-media-and-flashing-underscore.1121694/
Relevancy 84.28%

Got a hard question that I need anybody to help me with My Gateway computer which is the LX series less than two years old has been giving me problems my "scan error and SD fix" and Reformatting card as it is Vista bit The problem is that the USB and the SD card slot both come up with the quot scan and fix quot error It got so bad that I could not even delete files from the SD card and it would "scan and fix" error and Reformatting my SD card not accept new files either The fool I was I decided to try reformatting it to clear the data which now has the computer to reformat it every time I plug it in to the slot Can anybody help me on either of the two areas because I have no clue on what to do Also while scanning my computer for solutions I found quot Event Viewer quot that tells me all these errors and warnings on my computer Does anybody want to clue me in on the possibility of what these are and solutions There is also the problem that when I try system startup which you need to push alt F that doesn't work for me and every once and a while programs don't respond Please help me on this because besides that it is a great computer

A:"scan and fix" error and Reformatting my SD card

Hello jgtdec29,
I would start with the basics.
First follow this tutorial.

System Files - SFC Command

Download these free apps and check your system.

Malwarebytes

CCleaner - CCleaner 2.0 (Backup Registry When Prompted)

This will clean up the system files and repair any minor errors.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274733-scan-fix-error-reformatting-my-sd-card.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My uncle managed to scew his computer up, whenever it starts windows, the monitor starts displaying "out of scan range". I know what the problem is, he changed his display settings to something the monitor couldnt handle, but I dont know how to fix it if I cant see anything in windows?? It will display in safe mode, but changing the display settings in safe mode doesnt fix the problem. Is it possible to fix this if I used a boot disc? The only idea I can come up with is to get a command line program that changed resolution manually, but I dont think that would work

A:Fixing "out of scan range" error

Boot into Safe Mode ( tap F8 repeatedly when you turn it on . . select Safe Mode) . . go into Device Manager and uninstall the video adaptor . . reboot to let windows "discover it and load new drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixing-out-of-scan-range-error.526540/
Relevancy 83.85%

System - Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit
After Mcafee scan shows: 2 "unresolved issues". They are 1. Generic PUP.x!ct 2. Generic PUP.z!ca. Mcafee says under "potentially unwanted programs" that they were "unable to delete" these malware programs. What are they and are they harmful to my system? How do I remove them if necessary? I am a bit of a novice so thanks for the help. THX, SK

A:"Generic PUP.z!ca" & "Generic PUP.x!ct" Mcafee - "unable to delete" after scan

Hi there.

Those are most probably false positives. What files are being detected as such?

When something is labeled "Generic" it means that McAfee doesn't know what it is but that it looks like something else it knows about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-pup-z-ca-generic-pup-x-ct-mcafee-unable-to-delete-after-scan.907150/
Relevancy 82.99%

Crikey! Now there is a virus-scanner aimed at malware/virus writers!

For $1 per file scanned (or a $40 monthly membership) av-check.com will see if your file is detected by any of 22 anti-virus products, including AVAST, AVG, Avira, BitDefender, NOD32, F-Secure, Kaspersky, McAfee, Panda, Sophos, Symantec, and Trend Micro. ?.....

...they won?t share your results with the anti-virus community.....

....The proprietors of this service don?t even try to hide the fact that they have built it for malware writers. .....Click to expand...

Source, and full article: Krebsonsecurity

A:Virus scan for the "bad guys"

The proprietors of this service don?t even try to hide the fact that they have built it for malware writers. .....Click to expand...

B******s

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/virus-scan-for-the-bad-guys.3946386/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey Friends I guess its not only me having this is it Many of and and Dialog ".CHK Windows Files" "Scan Box" Fix us have it right so whats the thing which brings up this dialog box gt Scan and Fix or Continue without scanning gt when you connect an external device to your computer i had some time some bad day of mine when i clicked on the Scan and Fix and the result was the windows converted a very large number of my files into CHK files hidden in the HDD and i still cannot find a way to recover those most most important files of mine they are text files I did recover a large bundle of files but not the ones i actually needed more than anything those text files i have gone through literally files and recovered almost everything gt videos movies images and messed up bits of large installation files of softwares like AE broken down to many many small pieces but that doesnt matter that stuff can be recovered softwares and movies and songs but the text files are still among those CHK files i have which are still more than Anyone have anything regarding this is more than Welcome to share their Knowledge Thanks

A:Windows "Scan and Fix Dialog Box" and ".CHK Files"

Sounds like checkdisk is running and finding a problem with a hard drive and attempting a repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234506-windows-scan-fix-dialog-box-chk-files.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I was having problems with my Maple Story, so I un-installed and re-downloaded the program. However, when I tried to open the setup wizard, it gave me the error:

Error reading setup initialization file

I looked online for troubleshooting solutions, and I have so far found two options:

-Re-download because the error could be the result of a failed download that wasn't identified when the file was downloaded.

-Find and delete old files that could be stopping the file from being reaad properly.

I need help with the second solution, as in how I search for those files. Also, any other solutions for this problem would be much appreciated.

A:"Error reading setup initialization file" for Maple Story Setup

test reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-setup-initialization-file-for-maple-story-setup.538652/
Relevancy 82.56%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 82.56%

Are bad sectors always irreversible hardware problems How do programs test for bad sectors and could it be possible for soft data errors to come up as damaged blocks even if they are physically just fine I recently had a drive come into my possession that had completely failed within the laptop it was used The Windows system failed at every boot CHKDSK run from installation media would spend days on end trying to make repairs and reformatting and reinstalling Windows was unsuccessful So the first thing Sector" errors? by blocks caused write Bad False "Bad Positives: I did with this disk was plug it into my "Bad Sector" False Positives: Bad blocks caused by write errors? desktop and run a surface test in "Bad Sector" False Positives: Bad blocks caused by write errors? Paragon Hard Disk Manager It found tons of bad sectors and I was convinced the drive was trashed The weird thing was there were two partitions and only one partition had errors so I suspected maybe it wasn't purely a hardware problem To test this hypothesis I wiped the entire drive to zeros and told it to verify every bit There were no errors I then ran another surface test on extreme mode and found no bad blocks I then formatted the drive to NTFS and scanned the file system in Paragon with slightly enigmatic results It came back saying there are no bad blocks and listed no problems in the log but for some reason it said there were quot minor problems quot As expected viewing it in any file manager showing hidden shows nothing and dir in cmd comes up as quot file not found quot but strangely the file system test said that there were directories and files I ran CHKDSK and Windows told me that it found no errors I could run another surface test but I'm worried that if I keep testing and testing I might encourage this drive to move closer to the end of its life Were the bad blocks I found simply caused by write errors or temporary data damage Is it possible that most of the ills of this drive were fixed by the wipe Or is it more likely that this is only temporarily masking the real problem and I will very soon see problems again I know it's impossible for you to know for sure but I'm wondering what your experiences would lead you to predict

A:"Bad Sector" False Positives: Bad blocks caused by write errors?

Quote:
Are bad sectors always irreversible hardware problems? How do programs test for bad sectors, and could it be possible for soft data errors to come up as damaged blocks even if they are physically just fine?

There are two types of bad blocks - physical and logical. Physical bad sectors are surface defects which can't be repaired. Logical bad sectors are those which are physically good but the ECC ( Error Correction Code ) of that sector became corrupted and hence OS can't read data from it. Logical bad sectors can be repaired by low level formatting the drive or writing zeros to the surface.

Although physical bad sectors can't be repaired by performing a low level format, all modern hard drives incorporates a technique called "Sector Remapping" to repair bad sectors. All hard drives will have a hidden area of reserved sectors ( sector reserve pool ). When the disk controller detects a bad sector, it will mark the physical address of that sector as bad in an internal table named "G-List" ( Growing Defect List ) and allocate a good sector from the pool to replace it's logical address. This process is called "Remapping" and is transparent to the user and OS.

Usually the remapping process is happened like this ;

1. Disk Controller performs a media scan to verify sectors when the disk is in idle stage ( Background Media Scan ). If a sector is identified as bad or unstable, it's physical address will be marked on an internal list called "Current Pending Sectors". Usually the total number of pending sectors can be viewed in the SMART log.

2. When the next time this pending sector is accessed by OS (usually a write operation), disk controller will move the data stored in that sector to a spare one and the sector will be marked as bad in the "G-List".
So when you perform a zero wipe, following will happen.

1. Logical sectors will be repaired ( ECC code will be reset ).

2. Performing zero write to physically bad sectors which are marked to be pending will force the remapping. Since the logical address of bad sectors are remapped, it will look like the defects are repaired to the user.

For more info, please refer - Bad Sector Remapping - Data Recovery | 0800 072 3282

Although the disk may looks like working after the zero wipe, i won't suggest to use it as the disk may be unstable and hence it may fail again soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344327-bad-sector-false-positives-bad-blocks-caused-write-errors.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
I bought a WD Passport 1 year ago, and I've tried to test it by HD Tune Pro and Hard Disk Sentinel.
And result are listed below:

How could I fix this error? I feel my drive doesn't work softly anymore
Thank you so much!

A:How to fix "Current Pending Sector Count" on WD External Drive

What does "work softly" mean?

https://kb.acronis.com/content/9133

which says:

"Current Pending Sector Count S.M.A.R.T. parameter is a critical parameter and indicates the current count of unstable sectors (waiting for remapping). The raw value of this attribute indicates the total number of sectors waiting for remapping. Later, when some of these sectors are read successfully, the value is decreased. If errors still occur when reading some sector, the hard drive will try to restore the data, transfer it to the reserved disk area (spare area) and mark this sector as remapped.

Recommendations

This is a critical parameter. Degradation of this parameter may indicate imminent drive failure. Urgent data backup and hardware replacement is recommended."

You could run checkdisk and see if the number changes.

Or you could reformat, which is a drastic step and may not help.

Or you could adopt a policy of "watchful waiting" and hope. Hope that it doesn't get worse, while keeping your personal data backed up elsewhere.

Or you could throw in the towel and buy a new drive now, if this is causing you to lose sleep.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340484-how-fix-current-pending-sector-count-wd-external-drive.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 81.7%

We are getting the above error randomly on some of the laptops we have deployed. The error comes right after you boot or when the windows 7 is left running. There are no special software running. The error in details is below.
"The boot configuration Data (BCD) settings for the following boot application have changed since Bitlocker was enabled
boot appplication: \windows\system32\winload.exe
change settings: 0x26000090
You must supply a bitlocker recovery key to start this system.
Confirm that the changes to the BCD settings are trusted.

If the changes are trusted then suspend and resume bitlocker. This will reset bitlocker to use the new BCD settings.
Otherwise restore the original BCD settings"

Can anyone please explain on how to correct this error. As before this is happening on few of the machines and we are seeing more as we go. Any tips would be nice...Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f019ab39-4bc9-4b74-a8ac-9bd52a614795/getting-error-quotthe-boot-configuration-data-bcd-settings-for-the-following-boot-application?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

the other day I was downloading something from sharebee com when i got a popup from the site the popup's address was a sketchy looking quot info quot site and the page was blank except for a small box in the middle I figured virus" virus message. reinstall can't log causing boot "trend chipaway on, hangs AH!! that this was boot virus causing "trend chipaway virus" message. can't log on, reinstall hangs AH!! an infected page so i did a google search on it and it showed up as containing quot antivirus quot virus on some diagnostic site that i do not remember shortly after this page loaded my computer became really sluggish to the point where i couldnt do anything so i restarted it then i saw somethin i've never seen before a red window showed up on screen before windows loaded saying that quot Trend Chipaway Virus has detected a boot virus on your hard disk quot and won't let me load up windows I tried to boot anyway but when i click on my username it just logs me right back off I tried to boot it in safe mode and it also logged me right off immediately It tells me to insert a bootable floppy disk which i do not have I do however have an xp disk I put that in my disk drive and tried to reinstall windows I chose to do a repair installation and it went through the first part of the installation and rebooted then the setup screen came up and it went through the quot collecting information quot quot dynamic update quot and quot preparing installation quot portions however once it got to the installing windows section i recieved a fatal error saying quot An error has been encountered that prevents boot virus causing "trend chipaway virus" message. can't log on, reinstall hangs AH!! Setup from continuing One of the components that Windows boot virus causing "trend chipaway virus" message. can't log on, reinstall hangs AH!! needs to continue setup could not be installed A component's file does not match the verification information present in the component's manifest quot when i view the log it says Error SXS DLL - Syntax error in manifest or policy file quot D I asms MSFT VCRTL VCRTL MAN quot on line Error Installation Failed D I asms Error Message A component's file does not match the verification information present in the component manifest I restarted and tried to install it again afterwards and i got a blue screen of death with a different message STOP c Unknown Hard Error SystemRoot System ntdll dll Since then i've tried again to reinstall several times but it just hangs on the quot installing devices quot portion of the setup Before my failed attempts at reinstalling i was able to reach the log in window although it signed me off away however now i can't even get to that screen and it just says quot restarting windows xp setup quot and goes through the whole process again I tried to get help on another forum and they told me to go to the recovery console and type quot fixmbr quot but now that i have an incomplete windows installation i'm unable to even get to the recovery console I've been told to just reformat and reinstall everything from scratch but i'm an idiot and didnt' backup anything on my computer I'm a photographer and every photo i've ever taken is on there so deleting everything really isn't an option for me I'm desperate here i've had plenty of pesky viruses but i've never had somethin like this happen Anyone have any ideas as to what i can do -chris

A:boot virus causing "trend chipaway virus" message. can't log on, reinstall hangs AH!!

nothing huh.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-virus-causing-trend-chipaway-virus-message-cant-log-on-reinstall-hangs-ah-396939.html
Relevancy 81.27%

The System Fix Virus amp Privacy Protection Virus hijacked and infected my system WinXP -bit They ve caused my & 64-bit "Privacy Virus" "System Fix Protection Virus" Infected with WinXP (Malware) default web browser to change frequently each time I reboot my PC So I ve been having trouble getting rid of all of this malware viruses from my system since Infected WinXP 64-bit with "System Fix Virus" & "Privacy Protection Virus" (Malware) I use Windows XP x ComboFix exe and TDSSKiller exe are not compatible with my Windows XP -bit system So how do I get rid of the malware viruses from this computer without those apps that were made to get rid of the following problems on other Windows OS s The latest version s of ComboFix and TDSSKiller don t work on the -bit version of Windows XP but they are compatible with other versions of Windows XP VISTA and Windows System Fix Virus the first virus that affected my Windows system days ago Privacy Protection Virus behaves almost exactly like the aforementioned virus Google-Redirect Malware redirects all my searches to this site Thanks in advance to ANY users for helping me and others with this malware virus problem I understand and read the previous pinned-thread about the revelant malware virus issue that Windows-users solved with the programs I ve been unable to install on my system The aforementioned malware viruses began to infect my PC on December since that day I haven t found a single anti-virus program that can detect the Google-redirect malware virus on my system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infected-winxp-64-bit-with-system-fix-virus-privacy-protection-virus-malware.1031497/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi!
I'm really curious about hard drives and what is considered an "iffy" reallocated sector count in terms of hard drive longevity (is she ready to blow? ). My ancient Toshiba Satellite A205 Vista home basic 32bit SP2 was misbehaving when I took it to a hot, humid climate and I was sure it was on its last legs. I bought a newer Toshiba which is now having trouble and now my old Toshiba is running GREAT (back in cooler climate), with a little love I am trying to keep it alive as long as possible as it seems indestructable! Dropping it! Slamming the lid shut! Years banged about in Brasil and Africa! Ant colony invasions! TSA numbskull handling! Diskcheck is fine, harddrive says fine, but what of this reallocated count?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295738-what-safe-reallocated-sector-count.html
Relevancy 81.27%

"Windows cannot find C:\windpws\system32\rstui.exe"; also "wfn.exe"
Any help provided would be most appreciated.
Thank you!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4026 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 310M , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 598095 MB, Free - 540781 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NWQAA, 1.00, 123456789AB
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 81.27%

When I plugin an external USB hard disc or USB stick it appears that Windows 7 pops up a dialog window asking me:

"Do you want to scan and fix removable disc?"

After reading a while in Internet I saw two methods for disabling these popups:

1.) Disabling service "Shell Hardware detection"

2.) enabling "Turn off Autoplay" in gpedit.msc

Whats the difference?

I want be sure that if I plugin a new USB device (like an USB stick or USB printer or USB hard disc) this USB hardware IS successfuly detected and joined by Windows 7.

So I can imagine that the first method is too brutal because it prevents inclusion of new USB devices

Is this correct?

If yes: Why is it recommended so often for avoiding the popup?

Peter

A:Disable popup "Do you want to scan and fix remov.device""? 2 methods?

You get that message because Windows detects something wrong with the file system on the device. This can happen if the device was unplugged without "Safely Removing Hardware", and a transfer was not complete.

The methods you mention just mask the problem.

You can let Windows scan and fix the drive, choose: fix file system errors.
or, do a full format on the drive, not the quick format.
Or, run Chkdsk /f X: manually, X = the problem drive letter, you may have to run it more than once.

It is always a good idea to move all data off the drive first, then copy it back after the fix is complete. This also fixes bad file problems that can contribute to the error.

The drive probably has it's "Dirty Bit" set. This is a single Hex value that tells Windows the file system is no good. Chkdsk and formatting will often reset the dirty bit, but sometimes not on the first attempt.

To see if the dirty bit is set:
Open a command prompt > Start > type: cmd > right-click on Command Prompt and choose “Run as administrator”
and then type:
fsutil dirty query x:
(substitute the letter "x" with the drive letter that is giving you problems)

If the dirty bit is set you will get a message that "Volume X is DIRTY".

Keep running chkdsk /r , or chkdsk /f /r until the dirty bit clears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297857-disable-popup-do-you-want-scan-fix-remov-device-2-methods.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi

XP is trying to boot up as normal, but gets to the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" bit and then requests that you "Boot from CD"
Have tried going into the Advanced BIOS menu and changing boot priorities 1, 2 and 3 to "Hard Drive" - no help
(NB. 1st option, "Hard disk Boot priority" (where it says press enter) cannot be changed from "Bootable Add in cards". Not sure if this is significant)

Have tried with an XP disc to use Recovery Console with chkdsk /p . It scans the partition and can tell me there is a problem but doesn't attempt to do anything with it.

Please help! I'm utterly stumped!!

Julie x

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-boot-error-boot-from-cd-advanced-bios-and-recovery-console-not-helping-441512.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey folks My first post on here but I problem card failure a sound "meddling"... boot just "beep" tone. after Desktop m in serious trouble Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone. I got a quot new quot to me anyway desktop running XP today and found the audio hardware wasn t working So I pillaged an old machine for its sound card and inserted that onto the motherboard Also connected the Aux and CD lines to the top of the daughterboard Since then to my horror the machine has failed to boot All plugged in keyboard working screen on and being used on another box for this very post All I get now is the usual chirps from the internal soundcard followed by a few very low notes definitely depressing so I guess they re suggesting something s failed There s no further action from the CPU the fan still works but there is no screen output whatever Have I fried the motherboard without realising Also ironically the last failure tone was delivered by my speakers through the originally non-responsive audio hardware I d love a bit of help on this one because my knowledge of computers insidey bits is pretty poor Many thanks Joe nbsp

A:Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-boot-problem-after-sound-card-meddling-just-a-beep-failure-tone.666097/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I have been experiencing some problems with my computer recently Firstly my virus scanner AVG keeps on finding a virus called 'not-a-virus RemoteAdmin Win WinVNC-based f' and some &quot;javaclass&quot; keep [SOLVED] and appearing virus scans &quot;not-a-virus&quot; trojan on virus trojans called 'Trojan JavaClass' I have also been getting random pop-ups whenever I have been browsing the internet and my computer seems to be running very sluggish especially at startup I also believe that last week someone gained remote access to my computer as all of a sudden my mouse wouldn't move properly and the computer became really slow This only stopped when I engaged the internet lock on my Zonealarm firewall Today I was asked by Zonealarm to give a program called spoolsv exe quot access to privileged rights quot which I have never seen before for this program When I looked at the properties of spoolsv exe it said that it was created in but modified in and so therefore didn't allow the program access I don't know if that has anything to do with the problems that I am having but thought I would mention it I have done quot the things you need to do quot before posting a blog here are the files requested Panda Scan Incident [SOLVED] &quot;not-a-virus&quot; virus and &quot;javaclass&quot; trojan keep appearing on virus scans Status Location Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Carla Greenwood Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles n qe mx default cookies txt [SOLVED] &quot;not-a-virus&quot; virus and &quot;javaclass&quot; trojan keep appearing on virus scans atdmt com Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Carla Greenwood Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles n qe mx default cookies txt tribalfusion com Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Carla Greenwood Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles n qe mx default cookies txt adrevolver com Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Carla Greenwood Cookies carla greenwood go txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Carla Greenwood Cookies carla greenwood atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe adrevolver txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe bs serving-sys txt Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe media adrevolver txt Spyware Cookie QuestionMarket Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe questionmarket txt Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe serving-sys txt Spyware Cookie WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe statse webtrendslive txt Spyware Cookie Tradedoubler Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe tradedoubler txt Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Cookies chris tunnicliffe tribalfusion txt Hacktool HackTool EvID Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Chris Tunnicliffe Desktop EvID Patch d-en EvID Patch exe Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Chris Tunnicliffe on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Chris Tunnicliffe exe ----------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDO... Read more

A:[SOLVED] &quot;not-a-virus&quot; virus and &quot;javaclass&quot; trojan keep appearing on virus scans

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-and-quot-not-a-virus-and-quot-virus-and-and-quot-javaclass-and-quot-trojan-keep-appearing-on-virus-scans-199379.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm trying to install an MSI-file and get the error message "Error reading from file. (Then location of file) Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." How do I fix this? Thanks.

A:File install failure "error reading from file"

Hello, an .msi is a windows installer package and there is usually an error number when something like this goes wrong. It would also help if you provided the path to the 'missing' file and the location of the original .msi.
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-install-failure-error-reading-from-file.1131959/
Relevancy 80.41%

im not sure why windows vista is doing this error how can i fix it The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" the memory could not be written'

there shouldnt be any reason it has happening on several applications from games to ie fire fox has done it as well if u can help i would be ever so gratefull

A:vista The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" error

Hi, let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-the-application-error-0x7c919af2-referenced-memory-ae-0x00000010-error.1113925/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 80.41%

I just installed a new 60gb hard drive as a back up to put my movie files on,it installed fine and it works fine but i get "windows milenium emergancy boot" when i boot the system up .I don"t know if this error is serious but I do know that the system seems less stable in this boot mode..can someone please help? thanx

A:after installing new "hard drive" it starts with "windows emergency boot"

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t76279/s5b1a29d68c715c9a36d25291025adddb.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-installing-new-hard-drive-it-starts-with-windows-emergency-boot.76282/
Relevancy 79.98%

My other computer got some sort of virus. Some sort of generic "Virus Scan" started running. I was not able to stop it. I was not able to get my McAfee to run. I was able to shut down the computer and restart in safe mode, but I can't hit the internet to download DDS in safe mode.

I tried to run McAfee in safe mode, it wouldn't. Tried to run AVG in safe mode, it wouldn't.

I'll subscribe to this thread.

Thank you in advance for your help.

A:"virus scan" virus of some sort

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the delay in response. If you haven?t received help elsewhere already and still require assistance, please post the logs requested in our pre-posting process outlined below:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-scan-virus-of-some-sort-545947.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I am trying to load NT on a computer. It worked fine. Added SP6 and rebooted fine. Added sound card driver, vid. drivers, and network card drivers. Rebooted and I get this error. It then goes and tries to boot from CDROM and then says press N to boot from network. It then says "Boot failure Insert boot disk in A: press any key when ready" Of course, I didn't make a repair disk either. I am on location and need a fix ASAP. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://ShopComputerAces.com
http://HeadLunatic.com
http://IamNotLost.com

A:{Resolved} - NT boot error - "Load Error! Press any key to reboot..." - help ASAP

Reformated, reinstalled.
Same error.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks,

Cory

------------------
http://ShopComputerAces.com
http://HeadLunatic.com
http://IamNotLost.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-nt-boot-error-load-error-press-any-key-to-reboot-help-asap.29332/
Relevancy 79.98%

Got my computer back today "Your Security + Infected" "Internet 2010" problem System Is virus/malware Background Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can t open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem AM on Platform Windows XP "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem.889124/
Relevancy 79.98%

Got my computer back today Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can't open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan "Internet Security System virus/malware "Your Infected" problem Background 2010" + Is saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Intern... Read more

A:"Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, as far as they possibly can, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem-445923.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello buddies I have a gb WD EIDE Internal Hard Drive It is quite old more than years old I did not know about the S M A R T things before I bought a new gb WD hdd I installed the new drive as my primary drive to boot "Reallocated to do? Sector What Count".. from and then downloaded some utilities to check my hard disks speed as I was feeling a bit of down grade in the older hard drive speed HD Tune highlighted the quot Reallocated Sector Count quot SMART attribute of the older GB hard drive It gave me following data Current Worst Threshold Data After searching a bit on net I came to know that this actually shows bad sectors on the hard disk "Reallocated Sector Count".. What to do? I also learned about Zeroing the drive that it may get the values back to normal I dont know how it does or maybe its not true So I backup-ed my data and zeroed the drive but now when I check it in HD Tune or any other such utility like Everest and Active Smart it still shows the same data Can anyone please suggest me what should I do The hard disk after "Reallocated Sector Count".. What to do? zeroing the drive is showing quot Un Initialized State quot in disk management Will be grateful John Wright nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

hello my computer is affected by Generic Brontok and because of that it became very slow i have posted panda active scan log my DSS main txt log size is bigger logs "Generic.Brontok DSS and Virus" active panda scan logs - than allowed size of post so i have attached main txt and extra txt with this post waiting for your help Thanks Incident Status Location Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected C Program Files Softwin BitDefender Quarantine SERVICES EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected C Program Files "Generic.Brontok Virus" - DSS logs and panda active scan logs Softwin BitDefender Quarantine LSASS EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected C Program Files Softwin BitDefender Quarantine WINLOGON EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected E System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected E System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected E System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected E System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C "Generic.Brontok Virus" - DSS logs and panda active scan logs RP A EXE Virus Trj "Generic.Brontok Virus" - DSS logs and panda active scan logs VB RR Disinfected E System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected G System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected G System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected G System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected G System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected G System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H WINDOWS SYSTEM MSIME EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H WINDOWS SYSTEM MSFIR EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H WINDOWS SYSTEM ALGSSL EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H Documents and Settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data SERVICES EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H Documents and Settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data LSASS EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H Documents and Settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data WINLOGON EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H Documents and Settings Art Line Local Settings Application Data WINLOGON EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H Documents and Settings Art Line Local Settings Application Data SERVICES EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H Documents and Settings Art Line Local Settings Application Data LSASS EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected H System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H FOUND FILE CHK Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H FOUND FILE CHK Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H FOUND FILE CHK Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H FOUND FILE CHK Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H FOUND FILE CHK Virus W Brontok P worm Disinfected H FOUND FILE CHK Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected I System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected I System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected I System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected I System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Virus Trj VB RR Disinfected I System Volume Information restore ABF A DE- EC - D-AA -AA A D C RP A EXE Vi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/generic-brontok-virus-dss-logs-and-panda-active-scan-logs-146781.html
Relevancy 79.55%

virus popup quot Malware Wipe quot quot the spy guard quot and alot of commercials like porn poker and more crap this is what I get when I start internetexplorer Recommended Anti-Spyware Software Pest Trap Malware Wipe Spy Guard Internet Security TOP RATED Pest Trap Most popular spyware adware cleaner software all commercials spy Solved: "the Wipe" "Malware virus.. alot of popup and guard" over the world Cleans all known viruses and worms Visit Website Free Scan Malware Wipe Became one of the most popular programs very fast It s really easy to use and at the same time very effective Visit Website Free Scan The Spy Guard Developed as the most efficient spyware Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials cleaner with realtime protection Visit Website Free Scan Brave Sentry Award-winning Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials spyware removal utility that will help you fighting all kinds of spyware including keyloggers trojans and password thieves Visit Website Free Scan AD Protect World s leading software application that checks protects and re-checks spyware and spam vulnerability in your home computer Visit Website Free Scan WARNING YOUR SYSTEM IS VULNERABLE TO HACKERS ATTACKS AND BREAKDOWNS Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials Attention Your system is currently exposed Any remote computer can easily browse following folders and files on your computer - Windows System - Program Files Internet Explorer - My Documents - Drive C files Click here to download official intrusion detection system IDS software YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION IS IN OPEN ACCESS TO OTHER COMPUTERS Your IP address my ip Your Country SE Sweden Your Browser Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT SV NET CLR NET CLR Your Operation System Windows XP SP VULNERABLE System Security Status CAUTION Time of investigation Thu Jun PDT SOLUTION Download and install one of the following approved software products Malware Wipe Over threats in the database Exclusive algorythm of cleaning IE Safe Mode - simply cleans your browser Manual automatic update system Autostart items IE Objects Running Processes manager Dialer blocker Popup blocker Visit Website Free Download Pest Trap Daily updated threat databases Intelligent threat scanner Application advanced firewall IE security improvements Advanced system securty features Multiple scan options fast normal deep Visit Website Free Download nbsp

A:Solved: virus.. popup "Malware Wipe" "the spy guard" and alot of commercials

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-virus-popup-malware-wipe-the-spy-guard-and-alot-of-commercials.471943/
Relevancy 79.55%

Computer Specs CPU I - MB "NTLDR Boot now Device" missing" Proper is "Select Asus Pz Ram Corsair GB Vengeance LP Using on board VIdeo For now Maxtor "Select Proper Boot Device" now "NTLDR is missing" HD Sata WD Raptor Sata HP Lightscribe DVD-r Drive Sata Problem I was having once I completed my new build with old system parts was as listed in title It started out as select proper boot device and now it states ntldr is missing From what I have been reading it seems as if my partition with my windows install is not set active I do not have my windows DVD only my old vista DVD I tried to boot into it to make use of CMD and attempt to make my partition active but I was unsuccessful to even get into CMD I went into bios and forced booted from the drive with the OS and still same error also I attempted to disable the other sata and run the computer again with no success also Look forward to hearing from someone soon I will be sitting by my laptop all night until this computer gets running

A:"Select Proper Boot Device" now "NTLDR is missing"

Finally Got to command prompt but it shows my current drive listed as x: dunno if this will be relevant and helpful to anyone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228170-select-proper-boot-device-now-ntldr-missing.html
Relevancy 79.55%

With EaseUS Backup Tool, I've cloned these two partitions ("System Reserved" and "C") to same-sized partitions on a external HDD ("X" and "Y"). Picture tells it concisely:
How to make drives "X" and "Y" boot-able?

In "Disk Management", I've noticed these partition labels missing:"X" (or "System Reserved") is missing System label,
"Y" (or "OS") is missing Boot, Page File and Crash Dump labels

Thank you!

A:Both "System reserved" and "C" partition cloned to external HDD: boot?

You cannot boot Win7 on external HD, unless it is connected via eSATA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220584-both-system-reserved-c-partition-cloned-external-hdd-boot.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey Guys,

So I pulled my external harddrive off the desk last night. Now windows wants to format it. No clicking, no bad noises, just dosnt recognize it.

I think I scrapped the boot sector or something.

Anyone know any way to repair this and return to using it like normal withought having to pull all the info off using a recovery tool, then reformat?

I have ultimate boot CD, just not sure which tool to use/how to use it. (used to use this to fix a previos harddrive a long time ago..)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repair-a-usb-harddrive-boot-sector.944978/
Relevancy 79.12%

hi every body
My PC has lots of files called "Thumbs.db" & "System volume information" in all its drives.I cant delete these files and I think the cause of shutting my pc down automatically and showing blue screen is these files.the operating system is win xp/sp2.
I don't know what to do with these and what anti virus will delete them.please help me.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-that-has-files-called-thumbs-db-system-volum-information.970177/
Relevancy 79.12%

I think I am infected with Malware Spyware or some type of virus My desktop background has become a bright red screen with a toxic symbol on it and underneath it it says quot Your Privacy Is In Danger quot Red "Virus Bottom. on Desktop Says Alert!" Background! In "Your Is Danger!" Privacy On the bottom right in the Red Desktop Background! "Your Privacy Is In Danger!" Says "Virus Alert!" on Bottom. taskbar right next to the time and date it says quot Virus Alert quot My computer is also attempting to run anti-Spyware programs all by itself opening browsers with websites to Spy programs and pop-ups warning me of possible hackers Below is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Red Desktop Background! "Your Privacy Is In Danger!" Says "Virus Alert!" on Bottom. at VIRUS ALERT on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Red Desktop Background! "Your Privacy Is In Danger!" Says "Virus Alert!" on Bottom. MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe D Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS Samsung ComSMMgr ssmmgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Verizon Online bin mpbtn exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid amp mid MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www ddcd jp dd e sony cd faq html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer gate temple edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar NewsStand Tool... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/red-desktop-background-your-privacy-is-in-danger-says-virus-alert-on-bottom.732146/
Relevancy 79.12%

my computer was hijacked by "support tool" a so called virus protection hijacker. i'm in safe mode with networking now & attached you see my hjt log file. help please. THanks!

actually, i'm on a different computer. it has windows xp home ed. & its a dell inspiron 530S

also, in trying to fix the problem initially, my wife deleted the file "rundll32" beacause the virus stated that had a virus error. so this file may be missing as well & we may need to replace it.

A:Computer Hijacked by "Support Tool" "Virus Protection" Prog

I posted this yesterday to get help for a "Support Tool" hijack on a computer. Please help. Log file attached. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hijacked-by-support-tool-virus-protection-prog.905556/
Relevancy 79.12%

My currently using WD 80gb SATA HDD... I buy near half year d...
My pc recently always occur the error when booting...
"Disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart"
is it my HDD problem? or...

plz help... ty^^

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there!

One of our CPUs and monitor gave up most of the ghost. I monitor is hosed, I tested so that is no biggie... But the CPU says that the CPU fan is not running, press F2 to continue boot or it will shut down in 5 seconds.
If I press F2, it boots fine. I have a new HD in the CPU because my boss REALLY needed his computer and I had a spare. So he is set, but I am still dealing with his old one. I have checked the fans on the PS and the MB. BOTH are working. So am I missing something? It is a HP pc 864n Media center.

Thanks!

A:Error message "CPU Fan is not working" On boot. Press F2 to boot...

It could be that the CPU fan is connected directly to the PSU rather then on the CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard &/or the CPU fan is spinning at such a low RPM level that the motherboard cannot detect it.

If the CPU fan is spinning & the temps are decent, then you shouldn't worry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-cpu-fan-is-not-working-on-boot-press-f2-to-boot.18691/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi guys a new member here I hope you can help me with my problem I have HDD both of them have Windows installed When they are both connected everything is working just fine I can boot to any of them The problem starts when I try to disconnect of them Lets call them quot A quot and quot B quot Picture is showing when only HDD quot A quot is connected Enter and Press F options do not work When i use Press F it gives me an option to choose which OS i want to boot in Picture even there is only OS When I choose the one on the bottom it's working and I can boot to Windows When only HDD quot B quot File: Windows \Boot\BCD" boot wont " error is connected I cant boot to windows at all It gives me an error Picutre The boot Configuration Windows wont boot " File: \Boot\BCD" error Data for your PC is missing quot I've tried to repair it with my Windows installation USB Picture but that didnt work either I even tried to use Command prompt commands bootrec rebuildbcd fixboot nt but no luck When I connect both HDD everything is working just fine Picture My problem is that I want to have only Hdd quot B quot connected because all my stuff are on that drive The other one is just to have it ready if something goes wrong I thought I will be able to boot if I just rebuild BootSector on drive quot B quot but I guess I was wrong Can someone help me with this problem please Thank you Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic

A:Windows wont boot " File: \Boot\BCD" error

Impossible to read the pics.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62452-windows-wont-boot-file-boot-bcd-error.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have had my new laptop for days now and it has been fine apart from not finding my headphones via bluetooth But anyway In the morning i got my laptop and opened it up Boot Boot Error Windows 8 Files" "Missing and turned it on as you do Then i log in and up pops the silly youtube video i was watching the night before seconds later the whole thing crashses and or minutes later says its trying to do an automatic recovery This fails about minutes later and i get this error Your PC Needs to Be Repaired The application or operating system couldn t be loaded because a required file is Windows 8 Boot Error "Missing Boot Files" missing or contains errors File WINDOWS system winload exe Error code xc You ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don t have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator I have Rebooted and have been all through the various menus when you try boot it but to no help I cant figure out whats wrong with it and nothing looks out of place or in the wrong settings I have nothing with windows on it CD or USB or anything because it came pre-installed I dont want to loose all the stuff i have on it either nbsp

A:Windows 8 Boot Error "Missing Boot Files"

This matter is being dealt with here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1089602-bluetooth-annoying-error.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-boot-error-missing-boot-files.1091625/