Windows Support Forum

My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

Q: My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi can anyone help we had a power cut whilst my daughter was using her computer which runs xp.Now when we restart it it just continually restarts, I tried pressing f8 at the welcome screen and started in safemode this made no difference just went to the welcome screen and started again!!!!!!!!!!! HELP, HELP

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I've been browsing the site and the internet for a sollution to my problem but can't seem te find it There are similar postings but they're always just a little different So that's why i posted the new thread Since a couple of days i've USBports down BSOD power Driver state failure /failure shutting when been experiencing troubles shutting down my PC and using my USB ports It BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports started when i tried to log onto my work from home It failed and the IT guy from work told me to reinstall citrix reciever So I did and I was able to work from home After finishing and logging out to get back to my own PC I found that my USB portst didn't work anymore I tried rebooting but af minutes BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports of quot shutting down quot I got a blue screen Driver Power State Failure with code f I did the following - tried system restore - it failed with different time stamps - update drivers - they were all up to date the system said - Malware Bytes CC Cleaner MS Essentials Hitman pro - Did them all had some minor stuff fixed that problem remained - SFC scannow - no problems - Memory check - no problems As it is now the only update I have left is the update to WIN However it has tried and failed during a few of the reboots so that doesn't seem to be and option After try all different kinds of things from a lot of posts I decided to refresh my windows install Did a lot of updating and still the problem remains Although I now found out that USB devices that are plugged in upon startup work Once I unplug en replug them they fail Hoping for you guys to be able to help me fix this I have managed to secure my recent files tnx for the cloud that weren't backed up yet So no real risk there of losing anything But would be great to not have to put it all back up So if a total clean sweep could be avoided that would be great There's a zip-file with my memorydumps attached Tnx for all your help in advance Robbert

A:BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports

Are you still having BSOD problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378541-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-when-shutting-down-failure-usbports.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello All Computer hardware wizards,
My Dell Notebook a Vostro 1500, 1.6Ghz 4G Ram, 250GB Hardrive and OS: Vista Home Edition, suddenly acted up yesterday.
1) At first my screen displayed random horizontal color lines (sort of blinking randomly). When that did not change after a few minutes, I 'hard' powered off the Laptop.
2) When I pushed power on, it dispalyed the LED's for Num Lock, Cap Lock and Scroll Lock. The Cap Lock LED was blinking and the Num Lock, Scroll LocK LED's remained continously on. SCREEN was completely black.....no display!
3) After about 30 seconds all 3 LED's shut off and computer went dead.

I repeated this several times. Took battery off, tried unplugging from 110V power etc. Still does the same as described in paragraph 3.

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP!

A:Screen Failure & Startup power failure. After 30 seconds laptop powers off

That doesn't sound too healthy!

How old is the laptop? If it is under warranty I would get it checked that way.

My initial thought, although not a certainty, would be a problem with the graphics card itself from your description.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-failure-startup-power-failure-after-30-seconds-laptop-powers-off.940044/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I got some BSOD problems Do you got time amp experience to help me I got Windows at the moment I will install Failure,Video State Power TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys) Driver shortly Had before i re-installed OS when the first BSOD showed up so I doubt that will fix things completely My problems ATM - Driver Power State Failure - Video TDR Failiure nvlddmkm sys - Screen freezes at start up or when I get to the desktop - Have to Disable my NVIDIA GeForce GTX M to use the CPU Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code Got two other kinds of BSOD before I re-installed windows but don't remember what they said I just felt like quot Hey I need to re-install my OS anyways so w e quot But apparently that didn't solve the problems I also gained quot NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version stopped working While playing CS GO quot but that was before I re-installed windows Driver Power State Failure,Video TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys) And now to use my CPU I need to go into Device Manager Driver Power State Failure,Video TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys) and shutdown my NVIDIA card to be able to use the CPU and use the Intel card instead If I don't shut it down my CPU will freeze the screen for days til I restart or I get a BSOD I will buy a can of air and open up my laptop and blow some dust away perhaps that could help Perhaps the NVIDIA card is burned broken and I have to buy a new PC I've tried a few different driver for my NVIDIA card also nothing works I'm no computer expert and thats why I'm here begging for help so if someone could help me out here I would appreciate it alot The dump file can be found right below this txt

A:Driver Power State Failure,Video TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys)

Hi Markmsigt60 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Fri Sep 26 06:15:51.972 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092614-55906-01.dmp]

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9200.16912.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140502-1507

System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:07.738

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+5a540 )

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800892b880, fffff8800326a7f0, fffffa80089c3e10}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800892b880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8800326a7f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80089c3e10, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2395

BIOS Version E16F3IMS.50R

BIOS Release Date 10/26/2012

Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

Product Name GT60

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Sep 26 04:48:05.782 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092614-27578-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16912.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140502-1507

System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:18.550

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+5a540 )

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8008933880, fffff801d15df7f0, fffffa80089c1900}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8008933880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff801d15df7f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80089c1900, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2395

BIOS Version E16F3IMS.50R

BIOS Release Date 10/26/2012

Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

Product Name GT60

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Tue Sep 23 22:19:55.744 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092314-77015-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16864.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140309-1509

System Uptime: 0 days 6:50:27.488

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54430-driver-power-state-failure-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have a pirated windows 8.1 which I have been using for more than a year now. Since the past one week my drivers ( especially the internet driver) keeps crashing and stops detecting any networks. Upon an attempted restart I get the Bsod for which I have attached the files ( All the minidumps.) I run a Dell 5521 R and have updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them too. Kindly help ASAP as I require my wifi urgently tomorrow.
Note: After restart the drivers get refreshed automatically and start working for sometime. And then the same issue. Please help.VATSAL-Tue_02_09_2016_101910_61.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/73903-constant-bsod-failure-pci-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Some information about my system Motherboard ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard Processor AMD Athlon X Kuma Power Possible Failure Motherboard Failure, Supply GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core black edition Processor AD ZWCGHBOX Video Card EVGA -P - -A GeForce GTX Core Superclocked Edition MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI RAM CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C I ve read a few threads here on these forums and have found a few similar situations but nothing that really matches what i m dealing with Here goes I was playing a game when my PC Power Supply Failure, Possible Motherboard Failure made a short strange muffled hissing noise and then popped The PC completley shut down like someone has pulled the plug Almost right away it smelled like an electrical fire I figured this was the power supply NZXT W since it is around years old and has been through a lot The following day I went to best buy and picked up a Thermaltake TR W PSU and installed it After plugging in the main power cord from the wall outlet I switched on the PSU itself Inside the SB PWR light on the MB lit up I thought this was good news I hit the power button for the whole system and the CPU fan moved slightly and the front LED light quickly flashed on and off Then nothing I checked to make sure all connections were snug Same result I can t remember why but I unplugged the -pin Auxillary power connector and powered on the system All the fans started up and all the LED s lit up but no system start This is really bizzare to me Any help or guidance would be appreciated Things I ve Tried -Reset Motherboard by pulling out battery for minutes -Took out both sticks of RAM and powered up There was no beeping or noise of any kind -Completley cleaned the whole system of all dust and build-up nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello All I RAID Install upon XP Power nVidia Issue Failure Installation - power have a HP DV US Pavillion DV with Vista Home Premium on it and I am trying to go to XP Dual booting is too much of a ruckus and I do not like it anyways so I bought a Scorpio to install it on When I installed the Scorpio it initially XP Installation nVidia RAID power Issue - Power Failure upon Install would not detect the drive so I disabled SATA Auto in the BIOS and it then recognized it So I start to install XP formatted fine copied sys files fine but when I got to the actual GUI install it asked me if I wanted to install a driver for my battery which could possibly disrupt installation so I choose yes and anyways and it proceeded fine for about a minute then power failure Tried again and again and same thing I put my Vista HDD back in a Seagate GB and things worked fine XP Installation nVidia RAID power Issue - Power Failure upon Install I have read something about having to manually load the drivers for the nVidia XP Installation nVidia RAID power Issue - Power Failure upon Install RAID chipset as the ones XP Install loads do not suffice I could not find any problems about the battery so please ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-installation-nvidia-raid-power-issue-power-failure-upon-install.697520/
Relevancy 50.74%

Yesterday my laptop suddenly refuse to get power from AC source. Following the instructions on the web, I first assumed AC adapter faillure.But the adapter works well.The tiny LED next to the power inlet went off, although Windows catches the AC adapter driver and seems working.The last job I did before the problem was updating the BIOS, which is instructed by HP Support program.  I bring it to the service center, but they refused to take it since it's not a Korean-sold model (I bought it from the other country).Quite annoying because they did not take any questions at all, just repeating 'we don't accept that, go away'. Can anybody give me a solution?The battery is only half-filled, and after it dries I think it would be turned into a piece of brick.I really need a help. Thankyou in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-AC-power-failure-no-power-input-from-the/td-p/5848054
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there Firstly sorry for not posting the zipped files as requested I ran the utility but my paths are custom and it did not create the folder as expected I include the crashdump files and diagnostic however Some background PC is about years old It had Vista x on it for the first couple of years and has had Win x on it for the last couple Until recently my PC did Event BSODs ID:41 after - Kernel-Power power possible failure not skip a beat never crashed at all It is a Intel Q overclocked to GHz and has been since the week I built it A month ago whilst a friend was using my PC it crashed several times one morning I was not present to see exactly what happened but they said it seemed like a power cut When I got home from work it booted to the BIOS stating overclock failed I restored the settings and the PC booted fine Ever since I am having Power-Kernel crashes whilst playing music or browsing the web BSODs after possible power failure - Kernel-Power Event ID:41 I have reinstalled windows and updated the drivers and tried upping my RAM to v which I have never had to do previously Any help greatly appreciated my rig ran ace before this and I'm now quite gutted - was just about to start some development and obviously this is out of the question with an unstable workstation I'm about ready to throw the thing out of the window Kind regards Fugs

A:BSODs after possible power failure - Kernel-Power Event ID:41

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. Return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219024-bsods-after-possible-power-failure-kernel-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok so lately I have been getting a BSOD at very random times and it looks like a Diver Power State failure. SO all of my friends and every website I go to makes it seem like I need to get a PSU. Right now I have a Quad Core and a 8800GT and 375W PSU. So my friend told me to get a new 700W PSU.

So, if the only fix is to get a new PSU? I tried to rollback my GPU driver but it didn't help.

So any ideas?

A:Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

You're greatly risking the health of your whole computer while running with such underpowered power supply. Do yourself a favour and get a quality PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010 That's the cheapest one that is enough and of good quality that I could find with a quickish search.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-power-failure-new-power-supply.766751/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was happily using my laptop while it was plugged in. it suddenly said the computer wasn't plugged in. my cousin then jammed the wire in. im not sure if it's the power jack thats not working or the cord. i also need the files on my computer for a VERY IMPORTANT PROJECT and i need to retrieve them also please explain what to do as easily as possible as im only 13. my pc is a toshiba

A:Power cord or power jack failure

hi and welcome to TSG can you use your battery to power it untill you get what you need off.if you can get hold of another known good power supply for your make and model you can try it if that does not work then the problem is likely to be the jack point. i would not advise you to attempt the repair rather you took it for repair,laptops are a real devil to access and have many delicate parts which are easily broken even by the best

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-cord-or-power-jack-failure.834209/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey I not Power does advice power system really some failure, up, need don t normally ask for advice on forums as usually the problems I have had are already fixed on forums such as these ones but recently I ve hit a really annoying bump I ve recently upgraded my system to make better use of my audio recording equipment and programs such as InDesign and Photoshop I bought a new CPU setup and it worked better than I had imagined even some games that I thought I d never play I ve Power failure, system does not power up, really need some advice already completed without hassle no slowing none of that so on that note I d like to say well done AMD Now the problems started with my new graphics card a few months after buying it the fan goes nuts lots of noise really annoying I usually leave my PC on overnight and the fan hit a point where it would speed up make lots of noise stop and repeat So I would then block the fan from spinning turn off the graphics card sometimes the whole PC and go to sleep This never seemed to harm the card as it would work brilliantly when I let the fan go Then it started to overheat for example games would start slowing I would put my hand near the GPU and it would be searing I found other ways to cool it down such as a massive fan pointed into an open PC but I couldn t understand why the fan wouldn t spin or at least the heatsink be sufficient enough for the PC s sleep night tasking state However this is a simple problem easily fixed by making sure I keep the GPU cool until I find a new fan then something horrific happened I come back from a night out watch a film on my PC stop the film half way through and fall asleep I wake up my PC is off and will not power up in any way I took out the GPU straight away and had noticed the fan was clearly not spinning last night because it had all warped and melted It s easily a cause of a restart or a sudden power loss but checking through systems inside it s hard to find anything wrong anywhere else The CPU is fine and there s nothing wrong physically on the board I took out the PSU and checked anything that resembles a fuse nothing s blown this was confirmed by doing my own little test by plugging my external soundcard into the USB and adding power to the system you hear a boom when the TASCAM receives power and sends a signal to the speakers The motherboard as far as the USB recieves power Now I m bummed I don t know what to do next and I ve tried searching up on topics similar They re usually from around and beforehand where PSU s usually are the culprit or the motherboard has blown in some way These newer systems I have now I don t understand as well and it s hard to tell if I could fix it or have to replace something I really don t want to replace anything as I can t afford to until a month from now If something needs to be replaced however please help me figure out what money is tight so I d like to crack this problem on the head Thanks and I hope you get back to me soon nbsp

A:Power failure, system does not power up, really need some advice

Your warped and melted video graphics is pure evidence that you have to upgrade the video card, and deal with your computer cooling system at the same time.
First, disassemble your CPU from your CPU fan so you can replace the thermal paste with the thinnest possible layer that will enable the cpu to connect with the cooling fan assembly.
Then look at the amount of dust, dirt, fibres and hair. Are air ports blocked?
You might want to replace the CPU fan as wll. It is smart to replace all fans every year or so.
The cost of cooling fans is low. They might be next on your budget for replacment.
You may not be able to afford it, but I would not run the computer until you can do some simple upgrades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-failure-system-does-not-power-up-really-need-some-advice.133455/
Relevancy 49.45%

My XP Home laptop starts up right through to the welcome screen and even plays the jingle A blue screen appears too briefly to read the content and the system re-starts This continues until powered off In Safe mode the Diagnostic for Windows the message quot CreaFile Cpqdfw sys failed Code is quot appears The same appears using the HP Diagnostics Configuration Record tool The Recovery CD that came with the machine warns that all data will be lost if the recovery action proceeds I have software that is on this machine that is essential and don t have cannot find the installation disks therefore a complete re-installation is not an continually failure XP up restarts start option I have ran CHKDSK in safe mode All appeared OK Nothing new has been installed and it happened immediately after trying to turn the laptop on when I did not note it was unplugged and had zero battery capacity i XP start up failure continually restarts e dead Connected PSU and tried to start machine and this problem started XP Service Pack HP Compaq Evo N v laptop The laptop is about years old but has been fine up to now nbsp

A:XP start up failure continually restarts

If it is that old, not having your system backed up means that you will lose everything soon. All hard drives fail, and usually long before 8 years. That is one possibility for what has already happened.

You could try disabling that driver in the Recovery Console:

disable cpqdfw

Be sure to record the machine's response to that command so that you will be able to reverse it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-start-up-failure-continually-restarts.1031487/
Relevancy 49.45%

yesterday we had a power failure. now computer won't completely boot up to start. shows windows logo, then black screen. light still on showing harddrive still on... suggestions

A:Boot Failure After Power Failure

If you can get to the Safe Mode menu, try selecting "Last Known Good Configuration".To get to the Safe Mode menu, reboot your computer and repeatedly tap the F8 key while it's booting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151759/boot-failure-after-power-failure/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I reboot my computer I get the error message Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter. I do that and go to the recovery console. I have tried doing FIXMBR and/or FIXBOOT, which will get me into Windows, but the next time I reboot or turn off/on my computer I get the same message and have to go through the same steps to make it work. I'm not really sure what is causing the error message, and I dont know what to try to get the computer to boot up properly. Any ideas would be great!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone I'm hoping to get some help I had a power outage while my WD Elements TB Hard drive was on I wasn't accessing it but apparently that was enough I had a lot of important data on it but losing External "Bad failure. after Hard power disk" Drive failure hope after unsuccessful attempts to use PhotoRec to get items off it It doesn't show as accessible in MyComputer but is detected I've included what it shows under the quot Manage quot view of the drive I've also tried MiniTool Partition but it doesn't seem to be able to fix the partition I've also tried Partition Bad Disk and it just shows the whole TB drive as one bad block It won't let me fix it either Does anyone have any other bits of advice I'm at a loss as what to do It seems the data is not recoverable I can't figure out how to get it to show or even how to use it again Please see attachments I'm grateful for any ideas help please Thank you

A:External Hard Drive failure. "Bad disk" after power failure

Hello dime5150. Welcome to the forum

In PW, did you try "Rebuild MBR"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348517-external-hard-drive-failure-bad-disk-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear Friends I am to startup on process Login due Computer restarts Failure having a problem of Login Process Failed whenever I start my laptop and the computer restarts automatically Following is the crash dump for the computer Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C SHANU dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is srv c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Minixp c WINDOWS system Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp rc - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a Debug session time Tue Nov GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get Computer restarts on startup due to Login process Failure detailed debugging information BugCheck C c Probably caused by ntoskrnl exe nt KiFastCallEntry f Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis Unknown bugcheck code c Unknown bugcheck description Arguments Arg c Arg Arg Arg Debugging Details ------------------ ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly x lx Click on OK to terminate the application EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly x lx Click on OK to terminate the application EXCEPTION PARAMETER c EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER BUGCHECK STR xc c DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME drwtsn exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b to a STACK TEXT f a b c c f a b nt KeBugCheckEx x b f a b cc c c nt PoShutdownBugCheck x c f ab c nt ExpSystemErrorHandler x f acd b c nt ExpRaiseHardError x a f ad dfc c nt NtRaiseHardError x b f ad ccfc c nt KiFastCallEntry xf WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fca x ccfc STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiFastCallEntry f dfc nop SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KiFastCallEntry f FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP f FAILURE BUCKET ID xc c nt KiFastCallEntry f BUCKET ID xc c nt KiFastCallEntry f Followup MachineOwner --------- Can someone please figure out any problem from this Shourya

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-on-startup-due-to-login-process-failure-430659.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hokay So my brothers computer used to emit this loud long high pitched quot beep quot which we just fixed and then suddenly on the next restart we can't load windows at all It just fails and goes back to the mobo logo hehe that sounds funny says some crap about IDE's not being detected on any of devices also in BIOS there is no primary because quot auto quot will Computer restarts endless windows in due failure to loop not detect it Computer restarts in endless loop due to windows failure for some reason then goes to the screen asking if I wanna start in safe mode and no matter what option I choose the Windows load screen comes up but then freezes and goes to a blue screen with a message saying quot windows has encountered an error and will restart blah blah blah contact your peeps blah blah quot If you want a picture of this message let me know because it pops up so fast my video was unable to even get it It just basically says check new hardware but there is none This same exact occurrence of events will just loop over and over until the computer is turned off Here's a video of what happens video still uploading Specs since I can't get into dxdiag I don't have everything Windows XP SP Asus P LD Mobo Intel Core W PSU GTS most recent omega drivers AData gb DDR RAM If anyone knows a solution or even just a similar problem I can track that'd be greatly appreciated

A:Computer restarts in endless loop due to windows failure

You can delete this, gave the system to a supposed "expert" so we'll see if he gets anywhere with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-in-endless-loop-due-to-windows-failure-397890.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I was on the computer and all of a sudden the power cut in and out downstairs and the tower shut off... I tried to restart and got nothing...does this mean something is fried? help..I use windows XP

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

after upgrading to windows 10 I keep getting kernel security check. kindly advise, I had added the minidump folder.
Thank you. 
the link for the file
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30CE0E6CEDDF0973!373&authkey=!ACMCKVoQC992KWM&ithint=file%2crar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd8845de-c4d6-49aa-a5e2-ea8b2a48ed31/kernel-security-check-failure-and-computer-restarts-after-upgrading-to-windows-10?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 46.87%

We are having a discussion at work about the following subject and would like to hear some other views on this issue.
The system setup:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (or really any Computer Operating System)
Running applications like Word, Access, Excel, Other venders stuff, etc
The Issue:
Power is cut to system, either by unplugging the power cord or holding the power button until the system is brought down hard.
The points of discussion:
1)After the system is restarted, all the OS and all software will work fine.
2) After the system is restarted, a system reboot (warm or cold) should be performed. The reason behind this is to allow any databases, and/or open data file that were opened at the time of the power interruption to be closed normal shutdown procedure.

What do you think???

A:Power Cut vs Restarts Question

Depends on what the system was doing at the time of the power loss . . I have seen systems come right back . . I have seen them corrupted and needing a reinstall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-cut-vs-restarts-question-426223.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer works fine once it has started, however after a reset of the computer when it tries to boot up within about 7 seconds it turns off and attempts to turn on again. It continuously does this until I switch it off, on the tower, on the power supply or at the point. If I wait a couple of hours and attempt to turn it on again it boots up fine, it is a continuing problem.

Motherboard: Gigabyte S-series, GA-P35-S3
CPU: Intel duel core 2.something ghz my memory fails me since its not working
Graphics card: nVidia 6800 256mb

Some speedy help would be great, thanks a heap.

Relevancy 46.87%

Lately my house has been having a lot of power cuts, pretty much every day, something happens and the mains trips out, still trying to sorce it.

When i put the power back on my pc starts up automatically, even though it was off, but plugged in when the cut occured. When it restarts i have to reset my BIOS (time, date, 1st hard drive, boot sequence). I'm convinced theres nothing wrong with the CMOS battery, as it will keep all details before i started having these problems, and on the odd occasion i can get a few days without a power cut.

AMD Dual core X" 6000+ 3.0ghz
Win XP pro
500 watt psu

A:PC restarts after power cut problem

If anyone ever needed a UPS, you do. Under the circumstances I would strongly recommend one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-after-power-cut-problem.140700/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, i've had this problem for a while. After turning on my pc for the first time of the day it restarts 5 minutes in. but after the restart, it's fine for the rest of the day until i power it off and does the same thing the next power on.
thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383998-pc-restarts-after-first-power-day-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Having recently refreshed my computer due to some BSOD errors, it seems my problem has been replaced with random restarts instead. These appear to happen at random, whether I'm gaming or just browsing the web. The only consistency with the restarts was an error in the Event Viewer which states that the source was Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category (63).

Aside from the random restarts, I've noticed instances where my computer has noticeably lagged to the point where I am unable to load games, but a quick restart often solves this issue.

I've also run a virus scan with no results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs: Windows 8 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i7-3770K CPU 3.50GHz. This is a computer built for gaming, so it also contains a GeForce 660 Ti

A:Random Restarts - Kernel Power 41

Nothing? No one has any suggestions or tips?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29242-random-restarts-kernel-power-41-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I have searched some other posts but couln t find an exact match My supply?) power Automatic (due Restarts to problem is the following My computer restarts at random moments After the first time on a day the intervals become shorter between each automatic restart I have had this problem for quite a while but it happened more often lately All Automatic Restarts (due to power supply?) of this was pointing to overheating so I downloaded Speedfan to check for temperatures The temperatures were quite low but maybe incorrect there even Automatic Restarts (due to power supply?) was a - C out there but I didn t trust them completely Knowing the cooling paste was quite old I added new after removing the old to my processor unit This didn t help at all The temperature seems to be lower at speedfan but the restarting happened even more often My other guess is that my power supply unit might be broken Speedfan shows some weird values but again looking on the internet there are a lot of sources telling me not to trust them So I went in to my BIOS there all values were shown as OK I tried asking some friends if they could lend me a power supply unit to test this but noone has a spare one Before spending my money on a new unit are there other things I should try to determine the problem or rule other things out Thanks in advance R My specs are This is a DESKTOP Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd P -DS Antivirus Panda Cloud Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Speedfan nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello!

Recently my computer has become plagued with seemingly random restarts, whether I'm gaming or just browsing the web. The only consistency with the restarts was an error in the Event Viewer which states that the source was Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category (63).

I've run memtest, a virus scan and Windows Update, along with setting my BIOS to factory defaults.

Specs: Windows 8 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i7-3770K CPU 3.50GHz. This is a computer built for gaming, so it also contains a GeForce 660 Ti.

A:Kernel-Power, Random Restarts

Windows.Microsoft.com > How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/kernel-power-random-restarts-703846.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I just changed my PSU for a new one. However, when I run the computer, it just beeps and restarts itself after the Win XP boot screen. I've checked all the connections and they seem perfectly ok. When I re-install my old PSU, the computer works fine. What could possibly be wrong with the new one that XP restarts itself?? The old one was a 400W while the new one is 500W by the way...thanks

A:XP Restarts After New Power Supply Install

Double-check all connections. Make sure there are no missed connections.
Of course, the possibility exists your new PSU is bad.

I am notanitwit and I approve of this message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-restarts-after-new-power-supply-install.1009276/
Relevancy 46.44%

Now i know that there are countless of threads on the internet regarding this topic and Kernel 41 Random power restarts, i have looked up ALOT of them but none of them could provide me with an answer to my issue I recently send my pc to a Random restarts, Kernel power 41 computer store for a hardware check they didn't find anything so the problem is software related The first thing i tried was of course to reinstall the OS and the drivers but that didn't solve anything And as said i have tried many user submitted soloutions to fix the problem but none of them have worked Any help will be appreciated My pc specs are Amd Phenom x quad core GHZ GB DDRII ram Ati Radeon GB Award modular BIOS v PG - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version Random restarts, Kernel power 41 gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt kim-Pc lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Random restarts, Kernel power 41

Bump.. I really need help with this one..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-restarts-kernel-power-41-a-662005.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My year old system has run fairly reliably with the majority of crashes being game related However after a power cut last week it has been crashing restarting and locking up regularly we had a switchboard mounted surge suppresor now dead yet the cut also took out the dishwasher and an old amplifier CPU C D E MB Gigabyte G-DS RAM x GB after restarts/lockups Regular cut power DDR Apacer GPU Sapphire Radeon GB PSU Antec Neo HE W OS W HP HD Crucial M GB SSD It will boot and run normally in fact the crashes are rarely while I m active - I gave it a thrashing in BF this morning for mins to test When it does crash it does so slowly with some programs say Opera or windows explorer locking up while others Firefox continue to run Then eventually everything locks up the screen goes blank and it reboots only to hang on the interrupt screen Most of the time it crashes when I m not at the pc and I come back to the interrupt screen Typically it crashes within an hour of my ceasing any activity Obviously I strongly suspect the PSU has been Regular restarts/lockups after power cut damaged by the power cut but I ve been trying to confirm that before I start throwing money at spare parts particularly as I m planning on a new system anyway in a few months although I would like to keep the old one for a home server I ve run check disk which finds no faults I ve run Memtest for passes with no faults Using Speedfan the temperatures aren t running overly hot but the reported V and - V readings are V and - V respectively These seem suspect but I ve read that Speedfan can have trouble reporting accurately and I m amazed Regular restarts/lockups after power cut my pc would run at all if the were correct Unfortunately there don t seem to be any minidump files created by these crashes although there are some older files there Nor is event viewer particularly enlightening Does anyone have any other sensible checks or suspicions before I get a new power supply and a UPS this time nbsp

A:Regular restarts/lockups after power cut

The -12 volts is not used so don't worry about those readings. You should go ahead and get a new power supply (and a UPS this time)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/regular-restarts-lockups-after-power-cut.181397/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a tablet that restarts every 5 minutes while on battery power. When connected to regular direct current the problem doesn't happen

A:Lenovo restarts on battery power

Good day.

If you could provide more info about your system (eg. model, OS version, etc), we can confirm that your post is in the proper location, and it may help the community to assist you.

Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-restarts-on-battery-power/td-p/2250018
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey all I hope this is the right area for posting this type of question Last night the power in my house went out due to a thunderstorm for a few minutes When the power came back on I tried to restart my computer Halfway through the quot start-up process quot the power went out again - This morning I once again tried to startup my PC But I can only get as far as the Window XP s loading screen when the whole thing restarts from the beginning At first the computer begins to boot up normally and then I get the message quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A After Outage Computer Restarts Power Continually recent hardware or soft ware change might have changed this If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure choose quot Start Windows normally quot The screen gives me a choice of modes in which to start the computer up in quot Safe mode quot quot Safe mode networking quot quot Safe Computer Continually Restarts After Power Outage Mode with Command Prompt quot and quot Start Computer Continually Restarts After Power Outage Windows up normally quot So I select quot Start Windows up normally quot and we advance to the Windows loading screen The little blue bar on the bottom of this screen goes across one and a half times and then the screen goes black Suddenly the whole startup process has begun again Do any of you guys know what s wrong nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

HP p has power even but black power Laptop or stays restarts. has the fan comes on but does not boot When one or both ram chips are in the power button lights up before promptly powering off This repeats with no end Whenever I take the ram chips out the power button lights up Laptop has power but stays black or restarts. and stays on but the screen stays black The only other symbol that lights up and stays on with the black screen is the mute sound symbol The cd drive starts up but eventually goes out The lightning bolt symbol shines orange for a second then goes out WiFi symbol doesn t glow at all Important notes the laptop makes two short beeps at the beginning of both scenarios It has no battery and runs via plug It came on the other day after removing all power taking one of the rams out for a minute and putting it back in I was able to log in and even use the internet However it shut off by itself after about minutes and this trick hasn t ever worked since nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there, I suppose this issue could be seen as a need for a tweak (but apologise if I am posting in the wrong forum).

I have had this issue for a while with my Dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop.

It is a guess, but i'd say 5/10 times the power cord comes out of the laptop (for whatever reason - moving it etc) then the laptop will simply black screen and instantly restart and boot up again without an error message or any information as to why.

This doesn't make any sense to me because every time I do have the battery pack inserted into the laptop and over 30% battery life (this is when ill plug the charger in).

If anyone has any ideas, please do post that would be super.

Thanks a lot, Nick

A:Laptop restarts 50% of the time when the power cord comes out

The power cord issue could just be a red herring.

How long have you had this computer? The reason I ask is that it's quite possible the CMOS battery wants changing.

The batteries normally have a life of three to five years depending whether it is a rechargeable battery or not.

You mention inserting the laptop's battery pack. Is there any particular reason why you remove it in the first place?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/216227-laptop-restarts-50-time-when-power-cord-comes-out.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey all I hope this is the Power Restarts Outage After Continually Computer right area for posting this type of question Last night the power in my house went out due to a thunderstorm for a few minutes When the power came back on I tried to restart my computer Halfway through the quot start-up process quot the power went out again - This morning I once again tried to startup my PC But I can only get as far as the Window XP's loading screen when the whole thing restarts from the beginning At first Computer Continually Restarts After Power Outage the computer begins to boot up normally and then I get the message quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or soft ware change might have changed this If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to Computer Continually Restarts After Power Outage a power failure choose quot Start Windows normally quot The screen gives me a choice of modes in which to start the computer up in quot Safe mode quot quot Safe mode networking quot quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot and quot Start Windows up normally quot So I select quot Start Windows up normally quot and we advance to the Windows loading screen The little blue bar on the bottom of this screen goes across one and a half times and then the screen goes black Suddenly the whole startup process has begun again Do any of you guys know what's wrong

A:Computer Continually Restarts After Power Outage

Hi and welcome to TSF

The power failure may have corrupted the Windows installation. Try booting into "Safe mode" and back up any important data on the Windows drive.

Then perform a repair installation of Windows - read this guide to learn how to do that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-continually-restarts-after-power-outage-164551.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I have a newly built computer custom build which has been plaguing me for awhile now Built it and did not seem to have issues for a few days but within the first week started suffering from Random BSOD, 41 seen restarts, Kernal never Power two main issues The first Random restarts, never seen BSOD, Kernal Power 41 to surface was that when I told it to shutdown it would shutdown and then within seconds reboot I could deal with that but soon after it started randomly shutting down When I say random I truly mean it I can be doing anything after any length of time from minute after startup to about hours It happens under load as well as completely idle I've tried many of the suggestions here so I'll provide a list of what I have already done Shut down Fastboot Removed power options from any user interface device stating that the device could turn on power Ran memtest - passed once Replaced PSU Removed all Hard Drives save the OS SSD Completely reinstalled windows on SSD and only installed the graphics driver and mobo drivers Still occurring Run sfc scannow - did not detect any issues used DISM restorehealth - says it fixes an issue with the component store Did this both before and after os reinstall I have pretty much removed heat as a suspicion - I've sat with hW monitor going and watched every temp sit between - C - and it still shuts down Computer Stats Windows Asus Strix Gefore gb Crucial Sport DDR stick MSI x SLI Plus Mobo Seasonic w PSU h i Water cooler Samsung gb SSD I will attempt to upload my logs using my desktop if I can stay on for long enough

A:Random restarts, never seen BSOD, Kernal Power 41

Run Memtest86+ for eight passes please.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60978-random-restarts-never-seen-bsod-kernal-power-41-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all I recently had my computer fixed due to a power surge The PSU motherboard and Heatsink were replaced Once I got my [Kernel-Power day Error] once Restarts a Random PC Random Restarts once a day [Kernel-Power Error] back I re-installed Win and installed all the drivers using Windows Update However my computer now Random Restarts once a day [Kernel-Power Error] randomly reboots once a day Or once a session might sound better There is no link in time or in programs being run It has done it when Idle when playing games when just listening to music There seems to be no common factor to why it does this Window logs the error as a Kernel-Power error in the Event viewer With a BugcheckCode NO BSOD shows up even after enabling them NO Memory Dump file is created Thanks for any help Specs below - Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- LMT-USB Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Random Restarts once a day [Kernel-Power Error]

Kernel-power usually means that the PC was forcefully restarted, like when someone hold the power-off button for 5 seconds and such. But forget that, it sounds like you've got yourself some kind of hardware error, as they almost never leave any logs on Event viewer. Ask whoever replaced your components to have a look, or if it was you, I'd say try running diagnostic programs to see what gives, just to make sure that the rams, GPU and HDD are okay. Also go into BIOS and have a look at the voltage on the 12v and post the values from it here. Just so you can cross them off the list of potential errors. In my case it turned out to be my PSU causing the freezes/crashes. The diagnostics I've ran are "geeksquad MRI" and some other from "Hiren's Boot", they can be both found on the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-restarts-once-a-day-kernel-power-error.1092199/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what is going on with my system... First things first, when it does finally boot, there are times it will randomly just restart... then there are times when it loses all power completely and shuts down instantly, then there are times my monitor loses a single from my video card but my computer is still on and i need to hold in the power button to restart it... any ideas so far? also... when it trys to post... occasionaly I get a 1 long beep code error that on my current MOBO means video card is not inserted properly.... now i am thinking it is my motherboard that is bad, but if anyone has any suggestions im open for any help.. Windows vista is my os

A:computer random power fail and restarts

I had the same problem and it was the PSU

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-random-power-fail-and-restarts.740135/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi recently I've been getting a whole lot of these errors especially when i play games like World of Warcraft or Diablo It occurs when I'm not playing as well although its a very rare occurrence I've been trying to figure out what's wrong and I've given up I've sent my laptop to ASUS twice to get it checked and they keep telling me nothing is wrong Below is the error I keep getting Its really frustrating If you need to know anymore info please ask as I do not know what you would be looking for Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer asus-PC Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power Error restarts. Random 41 Kernel-Power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System Random restarts. Error 41 Kernel-Power gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - Random restarts. Error 41 Kernel-Power - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt asus-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Random restarts. Error 41 Kernel-Power Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt P S Attachment is below i think ASUS-PC-Fri zip

A:Random restarts. Error 41 Kernel-Power

Quote:
Event[64306]:
Log Name: System
Source: volmgr
Date: 2014-08-28T23:33:25.209
Event ID: 46
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: asus-PC
Description:
Crash dump initialization failed!

We need to see the crash dumps.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

If still Crash dumps are failing to be recorded, take a camera snap of the BSOD screen and let us see it.

At least that information is needed before we suggest anything to you.

For the time being, take some precautionary actions.

Uninstall MagicDisc. The SCSI (mcdbus) installed by it is enough to cause BSODs.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and the touchpad driver, SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343309-random-restarts-error-41-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have a computer which is now almost a year old 41 restarts) Event (random Kernel-Power install Kernel-Power Event 41 (random restarts) but to tell the Kernel-Power Event 41 (random restarts) truth it has never functioned really well First I had a lot of Kernel-Power Event 41 (random restarts) problems where many seemed to be caused by bad firmware on my OCZ SSD that I use for windows and applications However I still have some problems which currently manifests in two ways Random Kernel Power Event Unexpected shutdowns Frequent application crash when my son is playing LEGO Indiana Jones I started to browse this forum for ideas on how to find a solution to this problem and in one of the Kernel Power Event threads I read that it could be a good idea to run the Verifier exe tool to cause more BSODs instead of just random restarts This seemed actually to work well so after restarting the computer with these new settings I got two BSODs in a short time just when I was running the SF Diagnostic tool For some reason however the Diagnostic tool fails without error message to save the folder to my desktop Is this a known issue and if this does not work can somebody list the location and filenames for manually collection the logs to a zip for upload I saw that a lot of files were created because when I tried to run the tool again - thinking that it failed somehow - I was asked if I wanted to overwrite a bunch of text files Thanks a lot for any advice

A:Kernel-Power Event 41 (random restarts)

A quick bump, for the last part of my OP. Since the SF Diagnostic Tool failed in zipping the log files, can somebody please specify the location of the log files that the SF_XXX.zip contains so that I can add the relevant logs to this post?

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275071-kernel-power-event-41-random-restarts.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys Recently I have lot's of crashes and i a Event viewer it all refers to Kernel-power it usually happens when I am doing nothing and my machine is in idle I attached last two dump files lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot ID restarts Event 41, Random Kernel-Power, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt Event ID 41, Kernel-Power, Random restarts lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Coldzero-P X lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfc c a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x dd a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Event ID 41, Kernel-Power, Random restarts

Please post the entire requested information: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

The information will help us to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166558-event-id-41-kernel-power-random-restarts.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Very frustrating switch? seemingly power Spontaneous caused Help! by restarts, perhaps situation here Sorry please read all my situation because there are some twists and turns Start with Computer does random restarts after putting in a watt PSU which describes a startup spontaneous restart problem I had in the winter about six months ago This was solved by putting in a new Spontaneous restarts, perhaps seemingly caused by power switch? Help! and less powerful PSU but then we also discovered that the power cord I'd been using for my PCs going back several years was a problem Replaced the power cord and the problem was completely solved Well for five months or so anyway Here is a log of what has happened since Computer spontaneously restarts upon insertion of USB card reader in one of the front panel slots This happens twice both logged by event log Pressing the power button to wake computer from sleep quot wakes quot computer for under five seconds and it then shuts down Process repeats Start computer from back panel switch after shutting off and I see message I've never seen before counting from - fast about checking or updating BIOS and then computer restarts gets to Windows screen and says quot resuming Windows quot with no acknowledgment of the weirdness Computer resumes exactly where it was like nothing was wrong Event s not logged Due to a brief power failure in house computer shuts down and then restarts with power resumption Event is logged Computer is awoken normally first thing in the morning but after about two minutes spontaneously restarts Event is logged Call my favored computer repair place which advises to check drivers and BIOS All drivers and BIOS are up to date I think Drivers yes BIOS version is from and GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA-H M-S V rev says that's the current version After six days of flawless working computer spontaneously restarted about two minutes after logging in This was after being in sleep mode for several hours so CPU or case temperature could should not have been a factor Event is logged Woke from sleep and it spontaneously restarted after two minutes Event is logged Here is how this all shakes out For about five months there were no problems and the pattern of the time was restart computer at bedtime wake from sleep and login in the morning go to work wake from sleep upon return from work restart at bedtime repeat A few times the computer would never sleep for a few days but that was the general pattern Then on inserting a USB card reader into the front panel twice in minutes restarted the computer the moment contact was made between reader and port the same USB port reads and works with thumb drives and other devices without a problem I have replaced the card reader Since then except for the power failure in our house yes I should probably get a UPS all of the computer odd behavior the first event above and spontaneous restarts everything else has followed by about two minutes my using the power button to wake the computer from sleep There have been times since then where I've used the power button and four of them including the last two have caused the computer to spontaneously restart about two minutes after it wakes from sleep Meanwhile especially on weekends the computer runs for straight hours usually in use and never spontaneously restarts Actually from late afternoon on for about hours the computer never slept was user-restarted twice and ran fine with no spontaneous restarts What is going on I really doubt it's the power supply or cord The computer runs too long and too well without a problem I really doubt it's memory for the same reason I really doubt it's malware I am very safe in my computing practices and have never introduced malware to a computer I've used and the computer is swept nightly I really doubt it's a temperature issue The computer goes and goes hours over the weekend for example then sleeps and spontaneously restarts in two minutes and is fine after t... Read more

A:Spontaneous restarts, perhaps seemingly caused by power switch? Help!

A lot of the 1155 sockets have had issues with sleep, but it sounds like you may have other issues as well. What case do you have. What you're saying is almost every time you touch the FP connections you have a restart. That could be caused by a short on the front panel of the case. Some cases have had long running issues with that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295913-spontaneous-restarts-perhaps-seemingly-caused-power-switch-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Recenlty I used to have a full memory dump when I used my other drive as a cache I got this from an old crash report in event viewer on my win pro I made it attached restarts, kernel 41 event zip computer power, the mini dump on my C drive for the last few weeks as im using an SSD Though for a while I had no page file at all and noticed it wouldnt save a memory dmp so I gave C - megs again as it keeps crashing My old memory dump still on C drive from a month or so ago is megs so I cant upload that The info in the event viewer was - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Alan-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xfffff fb ffbf BugcheckParameter xffffffffc e BugcheckParameter xd BugcheckParameter xfffff ff ebb SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp if that helps any Thanks to anyone who can help determine my problem

A:computer restarts, event 41 kernel power, zip attached

I couldnt get a system health report following the BSOF webpage link using my control panel folder....maybe it was for previous versions of windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206068-computer-restarts-event-41-kernel-power-zip-attached.html
Relevancy 45.58%

a couple weeks ago dead bump, restarts after power constant now Solved: i had a power bump and the computer was stuck in a constant restart Solved: constant restarts after power bump, now dead i thought it was the front cover on the case AXT case about years old i got it to start after removing cover and all was well a couple days ago it started again now it wont even power up it is in the shop and even has the tech confused it started by re-booting anywhere it wanted to it would go to windows sometimes but most times it wouldn t get that far before taking it to the shop only the HD light would blink the cpu fan and the power supply fan would come on now nothing from memory this is what i had Win XP Pro Biostar P M -M Socket Ghz can t remember brand WD g hard drive - MB DDR RAM PC -Pin DIMM ATi Radeon MB DDR x AGP Mitsumi MB quot Floppy Disk Drive - CD Roms can t remember brand everything except the case is less than one-year-old HD checks out fine in another computer tried removing video card and memory one at a time but that didn t help there are no swollen or leaking pots on the motherboard changed out all ribbon cables and switch harnesses the computer ran great and was very fast had no problems at all only thing really running is AVG Security Suite the computer does not go online except to one site and is unplugged from DSL after that it is a game computer only maybe i m just getting old because it s driving me crazy finally a computer i can t fix any suggestions i have always found answers here for any problem i have had in the past hopefully i will again nbsp

A:Solved: constant restarts after power bump, now dead

take the memory out,take unplug the HD cable, put them back again,turn on the computer, if not working, get a NEW POWER SUPPLY!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-constant-restarts-after-power-bump-now-dead.604798/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I bought a Acer V3-372 in january and started to use it as main in august.

It restarts by itself 2-3 day apart without and blue screen, when doing tasks like surfing the web, listening to music or when laptop is idling.

The laptop is fully updated with the latest bios, drivers and win updates.

Checked with memtest, no errors.

Couldn't find any dump-files to attached.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62833-laptop-restarts-randomly-without-bsod-kernel-power-41-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Specs Asus while error in Sleep, Kernel-Power/FilterManager Restarts Q LA Restarts while in Sleep, Kernel-Power/FilterManager error Laptop Windows upgraded from Windows and I've had this error back in Windows bit Build Intel Core i - U CPU Ghz Ghz GB Ram Basically when I put my computer into sleep mode it sometimes Restarts while in Sleep, Kernel-Power/FilterManager error doesn't turn back on normally It used to have a crash as soon as I take Restarts while in Sleep, Kernel-Power/FilterManager error it out of sleep mode where the computer would instantly shut off once I opened the lid After turning off quot Fast Startup quot from the Power Options I thought it would fix the problem and the Kernel-Power error but it still persists I've tried a lot of things to fix this error and research this issue but haven't gotten it fixed Here's the Event Viewer log for the Kernel-Power error Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Vlad Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vlad lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I recently disabled Windows automatic Updates Unchecked quot Turn on fast startup quot from the Power Options disabled Hibernate in cmd and regedit The Kernel-Power error is preceded by two FilterManager events right before the crash File System Filter 'npsvctrig' - - T Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager File System Filter 'FileCrypt' - - T Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager More detailed info on the events leading up to and including the Kernel Power Error http pastebin com agRvintv I'm desperate for a solution to this issue I just want to put my computer in sleep mode and bring it around I go from class to class and it takes so long to get everything back opened when there's this random restarting while in sleep mode Hope someone can help me or point me to other solutions though I've tried a ton Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70415-restarts-while-sleep-kernel-power-filtermanager-error.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Specs Asus Q LA Laptop Windows upgraded from Windows and I've had this error back in Windows bit Build Intel Core i - U CPU Ghz Ghz GB Ram So I've tried a lot of things to fix this error which I've found to be a Critical Kernel-Power error Event ID Here's the log for it Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Vlad Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Vlad lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Kernel-Power error FilterManager / while , Sleep Restarts Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp Restarts while Sleep , Kernel-Power / FilterManager error quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Sorry that it's really long I found that this crash happens in the middle of the night while my computer is asleep I recently disabled Windows automatic Updates Unchecked Restarts while Sleep , Kernel-Power / FilterManager error quot Turn on fast startup quot from the Power Options disabled Hibernate in cmd and regedit The Kernel-Power error is preceded by two FilterManager events right before the crash File System Filter 'npsvctrig' - - T Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager File System Filter 'FileCrypt' - - T Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager More detailed info on the events leading up to and including the Kernel Power Error Windows Crashing Errors - Pastebin com I'm desperate for a solution to this issue I just want to put my computer in sleep mode and bring it around I go from class to class and it takes so long to get everything back opened when there's this random restarting while in sleep mode I don't know if this is technically a BSOD since I got a BSOD viewer and nothing appeared there but it's a crash nonetheless Hope someone can help me or point me to other solutions though I've tried a ton I'm not sure if the problem persists with my Windows partition but I just got a bunch of things working on my Windows partition and my Windows won't show my battery bar I might just try and fix the battery bar on Windows at this rate if I can't get Windows to work out

A:Restarts while Sleep , Kernel-Power / FilterManager error

Hi Vladz0r,

Unless you see a bluescreen, or find a dump file located at [windows partition]\windows\minidump\ because you weren't there when the bluescreen showed up, its not a bluescreen.
If this is the case (not having a dump file in the minidump folder) please create a new thread in the Performance and Maintenance forum

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70410-restarts-while-sleep-kernel-power-filtermanager-error.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone My problem is that my computer suddenly started to shutdown in the middle of nowhere It have happened for a month now but getting worse and worse for each day When it shut downs it will try and turn itself on but is stuck in a never-ending boot-loop until its shutdown completely and i wait an hour or sometimes minutes are enough My windows log tells me that its a Power Kernel error This is what i have already researched and done so far Overnight Memtest RAM is showing no errors Voltage from BIOS seems alright V V and V for the V V and V marks It primarily happens when the PC is working hard so D software like Autodesk programs and PC games So i (63) BSOD, without Restarts error. Kernel Computer Power 41 downloaded OCCT to test the PSU and GPU since i read that it is most likely one of those that is the problem Both the PSU and the GPU D test made the computer shutdown within minutes of the test The temperatures didn't seem out of the ordinary though So now i am stuck in the process of finding out if its the GPU or PSU Bought Computer Restarts without BSOD, Power Kernel 41 (63) error. a new GPU in August and that was working fine for that month or so until the error started occurring late September I hope someone can bring me some light maybe tell me if i can narrow the problem down further Thank you in advance - Chris

A:Computer Restarts without BSOD, Power Kernel 41 (63) error.

Hi Chris, and welcome to TSF.

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them to a convenient location such as your desktop and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Attach the .zip file to your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-restarts-without-bsod-power-kernel-41-63-error-742233.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

I've recently built a new system using the X99 platform and have been experiencing a problem. Every once and a while, my PC will just randomly restart with no BSOD screen. I have ran Prime95 on Blend mode for 8 hours with no errors and haven't been able to replicate the restarts.

Any tips are welcome! Thanks!

A:Random restarts, Kernal-Power, Event ID 41, Catagory 61

Hi KetchupNinja & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
******************************************************************************** *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH (e2)
The user manually initiated this crash dump.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Debugging Details:
------------------

DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x8
Kernel Generated Triage Dump
BUGCHECK_STR: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800042544a4 to fffff8010cfbdca0
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`209ff0b8 fffff800`042544a4 : 00000000`000000e2 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`209ff0c0 fffff800`04253ed8 : ffffe000`00000001 ffffd000`00000000 ffffe000`061be000 00000000`43627355 : kbdhid!KbdHidProcessCrashDump+0x1e0
ffffd000`209ff100 fffff800`04081632 : ffffe000`061e8cd0 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`00000000 fffff800`04082628 : kbdhid!KbdHid_InsertCodesIntoQueue+0xb0
ffffd000`209ff160 fffff800`040819f2 : ffffe000`000000c6 fffff800`0407fc81 ffffe000`0644deb4 ffffe000`0644dcf0 : HIDPARSE!HidP_KbdPutKey+0x3e
ffffd000`209ff190 fffff800`0408186f : ffffe000`0644dd28 ffffe000`061e8cd0 00000000`0000000e 00000000`00000001 : HIDPARSE!HidP_ModifierCode+0xbe
ffffd000`209ff1c0 fffff800`040817c9 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0407f9be ffffe000`0644f010 00000000`00000000 : HIDPARSE!HidP_TranslateUsage+0x6b
ffffd000`209ff200 fffff800`04253c40 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`0644dc10 ffffe000`06183010 : HIDPARSE!HidP_TranslateUsageAndPagesToI8042ScanCodes+0xdd
ffffd000`209ff260 fffff801`0ceb13a8 : ffffe000`0644f010 ffffe000`00000001 fffff800`00000000 ffffe000`06193890 : kbdhid!KbdHid_ReadComplete+0x2e4
ffffd000`209ff2e0 fffff800`0406410f : ffffe000`066d03c0 ffffe000`00000006 ffffd000`209ff450 00000000`00000009 : nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0x438
ffffd000`209ff3f0 fffff800`04063ae2 : ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`061f81d0 00000000`00000008 ffffe000`061f8000 : HIDCLASS!HidpDistributeInterruptReport+0x12f
ffffd000`209ff490 fffff801`0ceb13a8 : ffffe000`06462010 ffffe000`06462010 ffffd000`209ff501 ffffe000`064625f3 : HIDCLASS!HidpInterruptReadComplete+0x2ae
ffffd000`209ff520 fffff800`0025c8fc : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000004 ffffe000`0355da70 : nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0x438
ffffd000`209ff630 fffff800`00269364 : ffffe000`030f1950 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`00000001 ffffe000`030f1702 : Wdf01000!FxRequest::CompleteInternal+0x23c
ffffd000`209ff6f0 fffff800`029c4e4a : ffffe000`030f1950 ffffd000`209f0000 ffffe000`030f17b0 ffffe000`030f17b0 : Wdf01000!imp_WdfRequestComplete+0x8c
ffffd000`209ff760 fffff800`029c5dc0 : ffffe000`030f1950 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`030f19d0 ffffd000`209ff8e0 : USBXHCI!Bulk_Transfer_CompleteCancelable+0x15a
ffffd000`209ff7c0 fffff800`029b3043 : 00000000`00000780 ffffe000`037dcf20 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`03609590 : USBXHCI!Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED1+0x3a8
ffffd000`209ff870 fffff800`002f4c81 : 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`00000003 00001fff`fc8232c8 00000000`ffffffff : USBXHCI!Interrupter_WdfEvtInterruptDpc+0x427
ffffd000`209ff970 fffff801`0ceef840 : ffffd000`209d7f00 ffffd000`209ffb20 ffffe000`037dcd30 ffffe000`0360e570 : Wdf01000!FxInterrupt::DpcHandler+0xc1
ffffd000`209ff9a0 fffff801`0ceef520 : ffffe000`0360e570 00000000`00000001 ffffd000`209ffc10 fffff801`0ceeaaec : nt!KiExecuteAllDpcs+0x1b0
ffffd... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53579-random-restarts-kernal-power-event-id-41-catagory-61-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hi gurus,
i own an old computer, p4 2.4ghz on an intel gbf865 with nvidia fx5200, it is running win 7 ultimate.
although the os runs pretty smooth with aero effects and all. and plays 720p movies with out stuttering the only problem it has is that it restarts automatically .
i have had this problem for a while now.
earlier BSOD pointed audio driver error so i removed it and am using USB audiocard. it works fine
the event viewer shows error 41 kernal power error, bugcheckcode 0 and other codes as 0x0
i wanted to ask could this be because of SMPS/psu although it says 400watts but its locally built and so could be erronous.

A:comp restarts automatically, kernal power error 41

Hello vishrocks and welcome to Seven Forums. You might find this Microsoft KB article helpful:

Quote:
The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang)
To check whether this scenario is occurring, press the CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard. When you do this, if the CAPS LOCK light on the keyboard does not change when you press the CAPS LOCK key, the computer may be completely unresponsive (hard hang).

This scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. Another possibility is that a driver may cause this problem. To help isolate the problem, check the following items:Overclocking: Disable overclocking and see whether the issue happens when the system is run at the correct speed.
Check the memory: Verify the memory by using a memory checker. Verify that each memory chip is the same speed and that it is configured correctly in the system.
Power Supply: Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices may require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.
Overheating: Check whether the system is overheating by examining the internal temperature of the hardware.
Defaults: Use system defaults, and run the system.
If you see that the computer generates a Stop error that contains a BugcheckCode value that is not reported in an event ID 41, modify the restart behavior for the computer. To do this, follow these steps:Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click Advanced system settings.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2: ?The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152325-comp-restarts-automatically-kernal-power-error-41-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My machine is getting older still works like a champ but some wonky things are happening power working is battery pc tho failures even packup during restarts Last week during a storm the computer restarted I have always used battery backups with avr and it really shocked me It never gave me an error just restarted itself So I checked it and my battery back up seemed to pc restarts even tho battery packup is working during power failures not be doing its job I unplugged everything and plugged in a lamp and then unplugged the back up and the light flashed I could not remember when I bought it but I was sure it was over years So I bought another one well the same thing is happening and this time I installed the monitoring pc restarts even tho battery packup is working during power failures software and did a self test and the computer still restarted itself and the battery back up says it is working fine I changed the outlet the back up was using too the test with the light on the new one seems to show the back up is working too I did have a new power supply installed before I replaced the back up cause it seemed the fans were not working in it that was determined at the place I had it installed it was not working but I didn t have time for a diagnosis And now I even have a weirder problem too half my icons that used to show up in the task bar are not there now the things I always closed I am happy about but now I don t have icon for my usb things nothing to click to safely remove hardware The things that have changed in the last bit of time is that I had a problem with my avg security suite it seemed that when I started to do anything using a bunch a bandwidth I would lose my dialup connection and I asked the support if all the filters and stuff running could be causing that Just asked they suggested upgrading to that might solve any of those kinds of problems cause it was supposed to be less resource intensive Dumb me did it Now I am talking with their tech people about why this version s firewall will not configure One change but that major change was after the power supply change and the battery back up change To install the software for the battery back up I added a powered usb hub and I think that is when my icon for the usb disappeared but not sure seems that the some of the icons had been intermittently being gone since I installed the new avg stuff But the weirdest thing is other than that stuff my machine is working well It is a velocity micro gamers edge model p gigs ram pro still as snappy as it was when I got it back in sept of The main reason I noticed the fans in the old power supply not working was because I have temp gauges for the ambient processor and video card installed and I know they are not really right but it gave me an idea of what was going on and the temps had increased like degrees c Checked and they were not moving I just really worry about the restarting thing I never get an error or anything just restarts I know in the last few weeks it has done that more than in the whole time I have owned it I know all this stuff is really weird and probably not connected but gees this has been the best computer I have ever had and believe it or not nothing has ever been done aside from the power supply and a harddrive failure right after I got it no reformatting or anything Maybe that is what is needed but since I don t do that myself my experience is no matter who I get to work on my machines they are never ever the same I would rather just buy a new one I guess mainly does anyone have any idea of these things sealing the doom for my machine Like I should be ready for the worse nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-restarts-even-tho-battery-packup-is-working-during-power-failures.702345/
Relevancy 45.15%

Not Sure if PSU not enough wattage or GPU problem It is when I did Furmark GPU Stress Test my system just restarts and I check the event logs I got a Kerner Power Critical - Power Restarts GPU 41. Stress Kernel Test while Computer Event error Event When the test is going on my tempts are fairly normal my Kernel Power - Event 41. Computer Restarts while GPU Stress Test CPU tempt is - C and GPU is - C The restarts happens randomly sometimes right from the starts or even few minutes in the test My specs are Windows -bit CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-SLI ATX LGA Motherboard Newegg Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Crucial MX GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot Kernel Power - Event 41. Computer Restarts while GPU Stress Test RPM Internal Hard Drive Newegg Video Card PowerColor Radeon R GB PCS Video Card Case Fractal Design Define R Black ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Cooler Master W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Logs of the Error lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sian-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386431-kernel-power-event-41-computer-restarts-while-gpu-stress-test.html
Relevancy 45.15%

when i play any video games or try a burn in on my video card (nvidia gtx 465)

any thoughts would be appreciated. brand new install of windows 7 ultimate 64 on a brand new WD raptor HD.

thanks

HOME | JOHNNY OLSEN PHOTOGRAPHY

A:BSOD error. event 41 kernel-power--system restarts

Hi Johnny.

From the start to the end, there is one event predominantly present in the event log.

Code:
Event[34999]:
Log Name: System
Source: Disk
Date: 2013-06-20T17:04:52.959
Event ID: 11
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: johnnyolsen-PC
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk4\DR10.
Guessing this one is one of your USB discs. In that case, I would suggest you to update nusb3xhc.sys, NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver . It is too old.

Code:
fffff880`03ecd000 fffff880`03efd000 nusb3xhc (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nusb3xhc.sys
Image name: nusb3xhc.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 22 08:52:21 2010 (4B5919ED)
CheckSum: 00030E44
ImageSize: 00030000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You can try to get your appropriate driver from RENESAS/NEC Drivers & Firmwares.

Also, uninstall intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
Do some Disc checks.
Update your SSD's Firmware
Reseat the sata and power.

Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
You can use Win32 DiscImager to create a bootable USB and run Seatools for DOS. Follow this post to know how to make a bootable Seatools USB.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs only.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know when done. If the issue persists, we have to take a different approach.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299316-bsod-error-event-41-kernel-power-system-restarts.html
Relevancy 45.15%

good day,

I have not been able to play SWTOR MMO. During gameplay my PC will shutdown then restart to the safe mode menu. It happens randomly 2 to 8 minutes into gameplay. Currently this happens with this game only. I do not know much about computers but I noticed the event viewer says kernel-power event 41. The PC is brand new month old. I a little frustated because I do not know what to do so any help or advice would be appreciated

A:kernel-power event 41 random restarts playing SWTOR

Kernel-power event ID 41 is quite a common error most of us experience at times.
Check the Event Source. { That may help us to pinpoint the issue a bit better.}

If it happens only when using that game take careful notice of exactly what you are doing at that time.
If you are overclocking STOP. {at least to test}
Return to the default settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213315-kernel-power-event-41-random-restarts-playing-swtor.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For last few days i had a problem where in my computer would load perfectly boot-up and whenever i used to click on a user account to log-in it used to just shut down or you can say become un-responsive...

I then re-installed my win7 sp1 again and to my amazement this problem again showed-up....

I then used microsoft's fix it tools and it then somehow....managed to fix a few problem and win7 started to boot properly again yesterday....

Now, today my account would load normally, but after few minutes screen would show "entering power saving mode" and it would just restart...

I am enclosing details of PC and recent memory dump...

A:Computer Enters Power Saving Mode and Restarts with Error

any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194723-computer-enters-power-saving-mode-restarts-error.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have been having my computer randomly restart for about half a year now and have given up on it fixing itself It all started back in July and there is seemingly no pattern to Kernel-Power, Event Frequent random 41 restarts, Critical ID it There are problems I have going on Random reboots restarts which is tied to the Kernel Power My monitor will randomly lose its connection to the video card and the Frequent random restarts, Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41 screen will turn off A power cycle fixes everything I'm not sure if these problems are related or unrelated at all My PSU should be much more than I need even after degradation of efficiency over years Frequent random restarts, Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41 of use Additionally I have no problems playing games such as Guild Wars Titanfall Skyrim Planetside and Civilization Beyond Earth at maximum graphics and don't get any crashing with the exception of just time where the screen went black and I had to restart but that was in November or December and hasn't happened during a Frequent random restarts, Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41 gaming session since I have included the log from the event viewer below showing the times patterns and the random shutdowns from Problem mostly occurs at night when I'm asleep and the computer is being left alone for a period of time At this point I only have Malwarebytes and Kaspersky Pure running not a forced scan just realtime protection I also doubt this is a RAM or CPU problem since I've played games on Planetary Annihilation that eat up a ton or RAM without crashing over a hour long game EDIT I should also note that my power settings are set to be always on no hibernation sleep etc including for hard drives Thank you for your help and I have included my log below and attached a dxdiag My log is below Level Date Time Source Event ID Task Category February Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power - Critical AM Kernel-Power - Critical PM Kernel-Power -

A:Frequent random restarts, Critical Kernel-Power, Event ID 41

Update: My computer just restarted again a few minutes ago! Was playing Guild Wars 2, when all of a sudden, the computer turned off, the fan led's were still on in the back, and the computer was making a lot of beeping, then it rebooted with the keyboard not working. By forcing a power cycle, it's up and running again. I'm pretty scared right now as I only have this computer.

I'm guessing the video card needs to be replaced, due to Problem 2, as many people with this exact same card, same brand (HIS) have mentioned similar issues happening, with the screen randomly going black, etc., and having no choice but to power cycle to 'fix' it, prior to dying a few months later.

Reference 1: Rather disapointing HIS warranty/Support. | Hardware Heaven Forums

Reference 2: HIS IceQ Boost Clock H795QC3G2M Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Key note: I also decided to check the back of the video card, and didn't notice much air moving! This should be anything but the case, as the air should be pumping out the back due to the duel slot cooler design. The card 'appears' to be staying relatively cool, below 70 degrees C, but the cooler doesn't seem to be working properly. When I increase the fan speed significantly, from 1750 rpm's to about 3000 rpm's, it gets really loud, sounds a little off center/wobbly, and doesn't seem to be pushing much air out the back at all still, though you can actually start to feel it. I was literally able to put my finger on the outside metal grill comfortably, meaning the hot air is going out the wrong way. My old duel slot Radeon 4850 pushed air out the back of the case great, but this monster, which forced me to rearrange all my hard drives to make room, is just sad.

Anyone want to reply to this? I'm about ready to purchase a new video card, but go with a MUCH more reputable brand...probably ASUS, since I already have an ASUS motherboard and monitor, and have gone through their warranty process before. XFX is another possibility, though I know I'd need to register for the warranty within 30 days or so after purchase or it's void.

That said, Problem 1 is still a concern.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360055-frequent-random-restarts-critical-kernel-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Not Sure if PSU not enough wattage or GPU problem It is when I did Furmark GPU Stress Test my system just 41. Event while Kernel Test - Power Restarts GPU Computer Stress restarts and I check the event logs I got a Kerner Power Critical error Event When the test is going on my tempts Kernel Power - Event 41. Computer Restarts while GPU Stress Test are fairly normal my CPU tempt is - C and GPU is - C The Kernel Power - Event 41. Computer Restarts while GPU Stress Test restarts happens randomly sometimes right from the starts or even few minutes in the test My specs are Windows -bit CPU Intel Core i - Kernel Power - Event 41. Computer Restarts while GPU Stress Test K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-SLI ATX LGA Motherboard Newegg Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Crucial MX GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Newegg Video Card PowerColor Radeon R GB PCS Video Card Case Fractal Design Define R Black ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Cooler Master W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Logs of the Error lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sian-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386431-kernel-power-event-41-computer-restarts-while-gpu-stress-test.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Today as i was watching a video on youtube, my pc instantly shut down and restarted automatically. this happened approximately 3 times when i opened the event viewer and i saw a the critical message:
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

A:Windows restarts randomly, getting critical messages (Kernel-Power)

Yiannis have you run any scans at all?? If not try these for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download from bleepingcomputer delete any rubbish found with themalware scans

I am assuming this machine is not that old so have you tried just reseating everything as well - could be as simple as plug a bit loose. ?

Sorry mate can't help with those files though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318993-windows-restarts-randomly-getting-critical-messages-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a monitor power restarts CRT shape distorted scheme in turn-off after dual monitor arrangement - one quot Hansol D CRT and one quot Hanns-G LCD widescreen - governed by ATI CRT monitor restarts in distorted shape after power scheme turn-off Hydravision and basic Windows dualscreen I also have Catalyst Control Centre but don't use this much as I don't 'game' Power scheme settings turn CRT monitor restarts in distorted shape after power scheme turn-off the monitors off after mins but when they return the CRT screen has recently started appearing in a distorted shape - as if it were set at the wrong resolution It is not - all settings still appear correct x Hz refresh custom DPI in both Display Properties and CCC All drivers are CRT monitor restarts in distorted shape after power scheme turn-off up to date I think it may be a driver problem as I think that although I haven't retested it if I revert the drivers to basic Windows rather than manufacturers' this might not happen Has anyone met this before - or any solutions Sapphire ATI Radeon X Pro AGP AMD Athlon on Gigabyte GA-K NS Pro Gb RAM WIN XP Pro SP - up to date

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crt-monitor-restarts-in-distorted-shape-after-power-scheme-turn-off-229550.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys!
I had a prob with my usb and i got that fixed ( thanx to seven forums for that)
But all that's happen is my pc restart randomly.
After the restarts, i went to the event log and got this which is uploaded.

My pc specs:
Manufacturer: MSI
AMD A88X G45 Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design)

Processor: AMD A10-7700k APU with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics.
Installed memory: 8.00 GB (6.94 GB useful)
Windows 7 64 bit

And yes, After the restarts the usb on which mouse and keyboard are connected get irresponsive,
I have to connect them to a different port after the restart too get them working.

Very annoying matter. lost unsaved data. Pls support and help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381100-computer-restarts-randomly-critical-event-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi guy

im having a problem with my pc, when i start my pc, the power led is on, but there no screen, so i doing the troble shoting.

first, i check my display card to another pc, and it fine and got view.

second, i check my hard disk, and it functioning ok

third, i check my monitor, and it functioning
(all the step above, i test with another PC)
(when the pc is on the no beep sound)

the only thing i dont check are motherboard and RAM

what is the problem that occur

TQ

warmest regard
csfau

A:Power Failure

There are many, many possibilities.

Unless the PC "POSTs" (reaches the Power On Self Test stage, when it "beeps") there can be no display on a monitor. From what you say, ity is not booting and reaching POST.

It can be Power Supply Unit, Motherboard, CPU ... many possibilities. Make sure everything is securely plugged in inside the main computer case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure.315403/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

When I switch my computer on nothing happens!! No lights... nothing. This is probably so obvious but am I right in thinking that the power supply has given up. Could the switch be faulty? Is there an easy way to find the problem?

I have had problems recently, after fitting some more RAM into the machine the fan came loose. This was putting it into safe-mode when booting up etc. Fixed that and everything seemed to be running okay for a couple of days and then went to switch on one morning and nothing!

Also the new RAM I put in was pc133 and the board it's gone onto is a 100mhz. Could this have done some damage?

A:Power Failure???

The ram would not have anything to do with it. Sounds like you have a wire off.

Lets start from the beginning.

First check a lamp in the outlet and make sure you have current.

Second if you have current, on the back of the computer on the power supply do you have a on/off switch, some do which some people forget about and accidentially they get turned off when the machine is moved.

Next if all of the above are ok I would pull the cover and check the wires on the mother board, especially from the power supply to the mother board and make sure you have a good connection.

If this do not help, it is a good possibly the mother board might have gone bad.

Just hang in there, I am sure someone else will come up with something. There are so many things that can be overlooked by one person it is best to see what all have to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure.47844/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was in the middle of doing a scan disk and the power went down now computer will not reboot while it loads xp I see a flash of the blue screen from the scan disk. How do I get that to shut down and reboot the computer? any help appreciated. thanks

A:power failure help please

so you wanna shut down the scan disk....right? I would need a little more info be specific.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-failure-help-please.76114/
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer has now failed four times to power down when I told it to. I do know how to get around this problem, but I'm just wondering if this is anything I should worry about. Apparently Microsoft has no KBAs on this problem.

A:Power Down Failure

Look in the Control Panel under Power Options, click on the Advanced tab. Under Power buttons there is an option for When I press the power button..., make sure it is set to turn off the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185560/power-down-failure/
Relevancy 44.72%

HP Pavillion a6647c Desktop bundle
product #FK454AA
processor Pentium E2200
motherboard MCP73M01H1

When I hit the Power button all fans work, Hard drive starts and a long beep sounds pauses then sounds again, this beeping/pausing continues until I shut down by holding power button.
I have checked Hard drive, Fans,RAM, etc. Its all good but there is no bootup. Just a long intermittent beep and a black screen.
All cables have been tested and OK.
Monitor works with another computer.
Any ideas as to problem fix.

A:Power up failure.

I hope this helps you.... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...:2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3825393

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-up-failure.916046/
Relevancy 44.72%

I came back to my dorm one day to find my computer dead.
When I pressed the power button I got nothing, no fans etc.
When my computer is plugged into an outlet I can see the motherboard light turn on but goes off again as soon as i unplug it.
Ive tried as much trouble shooting as I could but got nothing.
I unplugged everything except 1 stick of ram and my harddrive and tried it but still nothing.

I'm running out of options and hopefully someone can give me some insight before i have to spend the big bucks and bring it in...O, and if you need any more specific tech specs etc just let me know. -thanks

A:Power failure

This could be as simple as your power switch/button gone bad (hopefully). If you are handy with electronics you can check that. I'm sure you checked the rocker sw. at rear of PSU. (no offense intended) but I've done that one a few times. You need a friend nearby with known working parts to put in your machine to eliminate things one by one. I guess you need to ask yourself how much $ you want to put into this machine, or a new one. Find that friend (with parts) first, Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-failure.82412/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running win XP and all was well until I had a power outage. When I turn my computer on it doesn't boot up but stops at a screen that says "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." There is also a clicking noise for a few seconds.
I have a set of win XP floppy discs for boot up but When I put #1 in and push enter nothing happens. Please advise. Thank You Dianne

Relevancy 44.72%

I was in the middle of doing a scan disk and the power went down now computer will not reboot while it loads xp I see a flash of the blue screen from the scan disk. How do I get that to shut down and reboot the computer? any help appreciated. thanks

A:power failure help please

if you have the xp installation disc pop it in and boot from that follow instructions to do a repair
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure-help-please.567135/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Asus A7V133 mobo that fails to power on. With everything removed except the power supply, when pressing the power on switch, the power comes on for about a half a second (CPU fan spins), then stops. Power led on mobo is on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would save my sanity.

Thanks

Alfred

A:Failure to power on, Please help.

Check that the "clear CMOS" jumper is in the boot position.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failure-to-power-on-please-help.60830/
Relevancy 44.72%

OS Windows XP Home I was in the middle Failure! Power of system restore when there was a power failure in the area I can no longer open Windows XP so I booted Power Failure! from my XP disc and tried repair It asked me for my administrative password but I can t remember setting one up when I installed Windows XP so I don t know what it Power Failure! is I then rebooted to the CD ROM Power Failure! and tried the set up to Windows XP and and tried quot To Repair he selected Windows XP press R quot rather then quot to continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing press ESC quot It continued on and rebooted I got a message quot The file quot asms quot on Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM is needed Type the path where the file is located and the click OK quot I tried the drive where the CD-ROM is quot h quot no luck then tried d f g h and still no luck What should I do next Try quot a fresh copy without repair quot or can someone help me repair nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I had a scare this morning, my Packard Bell iXtreme X9610 failed to boot up.

Pressing the start button resulted in a quick flash of the blue power light and the red disc drive light, and then nothing happened.

Repeated pressing of the start button produced the same result.

Eventually I found that an extremely quick press started the boot sequence off, the PC is running normally, and I dare not switch off !

Any ideas ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failure-to-power-up.963656/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I've been helped before at this site with a blue screen issue. The same laptop is now having power issues and I don't know what to do. I bought a replacement AC adapter cord because the original was frayed with exposed wires. But the new one is not charging and the computer won't start. The connection to the computer seems a little loose to me, so that could be it, or perhaps the motherboard? I was told this might be in trouble. Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you.

Relevancy 44.72%

My gadget  is failing to power on, the problem just developed and  now i dont understand because it is not responding to the power cable  or the battery. please assist

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/POWER-FAILURE/td-p/5722848
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday there was a power failure in my house while my pc was running
my pc was idle at the desktop with only firefox open

now im kind of worried that the power loss might have corrupted something

ive done the usual like sfc /scannow and chkdsk and they didn't find any errors
and i haven't encounted any problems (yet) but i cant help thinking

I think you are getting a bit over concerned with the power failure Just relax

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/100567-power-failure.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a asus a8v-mx motherboard ,which i have put with a amd 64 3500+. now when i turn the computer on nothing happens but if i take the processor out it all runs, or if i leave the processor in and unplug the 4-pin 12v power the computer runs but does not boot up in either case.

next i put the processor in my mates computer and it starts up and runs but there is no signal to his monitor.

could some one please shed some light on what is going on?

cheers dean

A:power failure

Maybe a bad processor if it doesn't work in two systems. Does another processor work in your system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure.489636/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a power failure last night while using my two computers. Fortunately, my good one is still working as good as new. Unfortunately, my old one did not share the same fate. Now, whenever it starts up, it says that "Windows did not start successfully." It gives me five options from there:

1) Safe Mode
2) Safe Mode with Networking
3) Safe Mode with Command Prompt
4) Last Known Good Configuration
5) Start Windows Normally

All of these options freeze up the computer for at least 5 minutes (that's how long I waited before shutting it down). Unfortunately, I do not have a Windows XP startup or sytem recovery disc. Is it possible to make one? What else can I do? Although I have my files backed up, they are a few days old. I would at least like to get those files, if possible, before I wipe the hard drive, if necessary.

Thanks so much for your help

try a repair install
check the voltage readings in the bios to see if your psu sustained any damage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-failure-142235.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Have intermittent power failure on factory built PC. About 1 in 20 times is turned on it fails to connect. Take power out of back of unit, leave for 5 min. and then turn on again. This works. What is happening?

Sounds like either the psu,or the power on switch is going bad. Open the computer and check all connections to make sure they are tight. I could also be a bad power cord from the wall outlet to the psu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure.483855/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a brand new HP ProDesk 600 computer that I am attempting to setup. I press the power button and the power light blinks on for a few seconds then back off and loops again throught he same process. I have confirmed the fan is working when the computer attempts to power up.  Additionally, I replaced the power supply, but have the same issue. I do not hear any post beep errors during the power loop. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 44.72%

My computer turns off randomly (CPU light off).
I could not switch it on again unless turning off the main switch then on it again.
Could this be the power supply problem?

A:Power failure?!?!

Overheating

Description

When your CPU overheats, it will usually cause your computer to reboot. Video card overheating causes artifacts to appear on your screen, and usually wont cause reboots.

Diagnostic

Enter BIOS upon powering on your computer. Most BIOs have a hardware monitor. Use this to check your temperatures and fan speeds.

There is also hardware monitoring software that can check your temperatures from Windows. Your hardware monitoring software should have come with your motherboard. If you have no monitoring software, you can go to www.cpuid.com and get PC Wizard. PC Wizard is an easy to use program that will let you know what kind of temperatures you have, and what your fan speeds are at.

Causes

CPU overheating is usually caused by a failing CPU fan or improperly applied thermal paste. Fortunately, these 2 causes are easy to fix. If the CPU fan is dead, buy a new one and install it. If the thermal paste is improperly applied, remove the old paste off and apply new paste.

Another method is to take a house fan and open the case blowing the fan on high into the case.
if this helps we know its heat.
Goto radio shack buy a can of PCB cleaner (printed circuit board) unplug computer for an hour, open case spray everything starting from top working down to the bottom make sure you get the cpu heatsink and video card really goods.
Power Supply (PSU) Problems

Description

It is important to have a functioning, proper size of PSU for your computer. Having an underpowered or failing PSU is often the cause for random reboots. To get an estimate of how powerful a PSU, use this PSU calculator and add about 50W to the minimum power the calculator gives you.

Diagnostic

The easiest and best way to diagnose a faulty PSU is to swap it with another one that you know is in good working order. Because everyone doesn't always have an extra PSU around, this might not be practical. Other than swapping, the diagnosis of a faulty PSU might be because no other problems seem to be causing the random reboots.

Flowchart for ATX Power Supply Repair
Causes

PSUs just die after a while. Just like most electrical components, they age and die. Often, a PSU will make a loud noise, or let out some smoke. Sometimes, though, the PSU will die silently. Sometimes the PSU will die due to overheating because its fan died.
RAM

Description

Faulty RAM and RAM slots can cause random errors/reboots.

Diagnostic

The best way to determine if RAM is your problem is to run your computer with one stick at a time, and see if the problem occurs for either stick. This obviously doesn't apply if you only have one stick to begin with Also, try the RAM in different slots. The actual slots might be causing RAM-failing like problems. The next step is to run memtest86 to determine if you have faulty RAM.

Cause

Sometimes RAM is just faulty. Either it makes it past quality control at the manufacturer or it gets damaged during shipping. Because most Memory manufacturers have lifetime warranties on their products, either return the RAM to the retailer that you purchased it from or return the defective product to the manufacturer
Drivers
Visit the manufactures website and download the latest drivers for your hardware.
Viruses/malware/Trojans

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure.525773/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Shapphire HD 6870 that i just bought it ran perfectly for days until today when i tried to play black ops my game froze and went black. I tried to start up my computer but it never started up and i can hear my gpu fan turning on and off. I plugged in my old 4670 and same problem. My friend had kind of a similar problem that happened to him with hes sli 260's and the problem was hes motherboard. Could it be my ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard thats causing the problem? Or my lowly RAIDMAX 530w that is crossfire and sli enabled. If you need anymore information about my specs or anything else just say.

UPDATE - I submitted a support ticket to SAPPHIRE so i can see what they say also.

A:Power Failure?

530W is too low for that card, to run anything high end I recommend 650W minimum also, if you want to run Xfire you will need 750W at least. Is there another machine you can test the card in? It sounds as though the card has caused a power surge and may have damaged it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/126480-power-failure.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I have a PC with GiGABYTE GA-945GM-S2 Motherboard.
From time to to the computer suffers from power failure and i have to turn it on again. When it happened last time, i went into the CMOS and Enabled the "System Fan Fail Warning". Whe the computer restarted, i got an alarm noise so i disabled this feature. I figure that i have some problems with the System fan, though, i would like to ask, if this can cause the computer to turn off. Is this design intent ? Namley, if the motehrborad suspect some hardware failure, it shuts down, to avoid disaster ? I went to GIGABYTE web site but I wasnt able to find any clue for this issue.
Need you advice.
Regards,
Tany

Most likely is overheating.
Is your room temp high? If so you may need some extra heating.
Go to www.majorgeeks.com and download and run everest - this will give you some temps of your CPU and board; also the current from the PSU.
Let us know what you find?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-failure.97140/
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently we had a upcoming storm so I unplugged the computer from the wall outlet. The next day when I plugged
it in, there was a loud sound as if an electrical breaker tripped. Now I have nothing and the power led light is off. My question is, if the power shut down, did it not go into the Mthd ? And if not, should I try replacing the power
module ? Need some advise before proceeding. OS XP SP3
Thanks,

Billjh

The first question is and I hope you do not find it too basic, is the AC outlet good.
Have you tried other equipment in the same supply socket

The second question is - was the computer connected by way of an anti surge bar and have you checked it has not tripped

Thirdly, may we presume the fuse in the plug of the connecting lead to the computer is good

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-failure.1101232/
Relevancy 44.29%

First time build (September 2012). Machine has been performing flawlessly then end of September 2013 starting randomly shutting down and restarting. No particular activity will trigger this event (no BSOD). I've run memtest, chkdsk, malwarebytes, gpu-z, cpu-z, Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Temperature ranges are consistently around 26C. I've left it on for the last 48 hours with the covers off and a fan blowing directly at the inside of the case and it has shutdown 8 times. This happens even when it is idling. Truly bizarre, definitely frustrating. Need some help here isolating this "gremlin" and regaining control of my machine. I;ve attached a minitoolbox report maybe that willl help you get a better picture.

Asus P8H77-V
Intel i5 3570K
16.0GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit service pack 1
nVidia geforce GTX560
ForceWare 311.06 (driver)
Cooler Master 212 EVO
OCZ ModXstream-Pro (don't remember the wattage, but purchased larger than the recommended

A:Computer randomly shuts down then restarts critical error Kernal Power 41

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper left pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512193/computer-randomly-shuts-down-then-restarts-critical-error-kernal-power-41/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys I have been having trouble with random restarts - they seem to happen more when I am playing video games even ones that are very easy to run and don't place much stress on the GPU CPU however it also happens when I am watching stuff just browsing the web when the PC is idling and so on It never shows me a bluescreen and it never leaves minidumps or any error logs that I am aware of the only thing it shows is Kernel Power Task Category error in the quot Event Viewer quot program My specs are - i k ASUS Gene VII z Motherboard gb Corsair RAM x gb Nvidia Seasonic Platinum w power supply gb Samsung SSD I have a bit of time to really focus on this lately and try to finally fix the issue so last night I was running memtest while I was asleep and found that my memory had lots thousands of errors on the Test Hammer Test part of memtest Today I individually tested each gb stick by itself in both the first slot AND restarts 63 41 Random Kernel Power Event without Task BSOD, Viewer the Random restarts without BSOD, Event Viewer Kernel Power 41 Task 63 second slot of the motherboard just running test on memtest and every single test had errors This RAM worked perfectly fine in my old computer for years so I find it incredibly unlikely that all sticks have decided to go bad at the same time so I was thinking it must be the motherboard But even then that means that memory slots are faulty at the same time this once again seems very unlikely does it not I was then reading about Test of memtest and a few people advised that it would be very unlikely for my test memory errors to even be responsible for my random restarts - apparently test picks up stuff that RAM would almost never come Random restarts without BSOD, Event Viewer Kernel Power 41 Task 63 across in day to day normal use So there's the story if Random restarts without BSOD, Event Viewer Kernel Power 41 Task 63 any of you can give me some advice which leads to me finding a solution I will be forever in your debt because at this point I am just at a complete loss at what to do - Is it likely to be my memory Or is it my motherboard Or does my memory failing test have no relevance whatsoever to the random restarts I have been having and am I wasting my time is it likely to be another issue like my GPU I have swapped out my PSU with a spare one One is gold one is platinum both very highly rated and the issue still occurred Thanks for any guidance you can offer

A:Random restarts without BSOD, Event Viewer Kernel Power 41 Task 63

Are you monitoring the temps?
Are the RAM getting the correct timings? Check in BIOS. It is possible your RAMs are incompatible with the new board but I am not experienced with these stuff.

Try a clean startup Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Drivers up-to-date?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372498-random-restarts-without-bsod-event-viewer-kernel-power-41-task-63-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A couple weeks ago my computer all-of-the-sudden stopped turning on. When I press the power button, the lights turn on and the fans start spinning for less than a second, then everything turns off. If I press the power button again, nothing happens. I can get the computer to turn on for a split second again if I either unplug the computer, wait, and then plug it back in. The first thing that came to mind is that the PSU has died. Does this sound legitimate?

If the PSU has died, does anybody know of an inexpensive replacement that would work with my mobo and power needs? Thanks!

A:Power Supply Failure?

Typical of a power supply failure.

And the HP m7650n does not have enough power in the supply for that GeForce 7600 GT.

Borrow a power supply to test in yours, or get yourself a power supply tester such as the Apevia Power supply tester for about $10 - $12

Or just buy a new and quality power supply... locally or on line.

You have to be very careful to get one of the exact same size dimensions and with the same sockets... If you don't have a source, www.directron.com has a huge number from which to choose.
Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-failure.121104/
Relevancy 44.29%

Now I would like to state the problem first When I got done with cleaning my laptop Power Laptop failure to I noticed that my fan wire plug a white holster holding in wires that goes into the motherboard is worn out and split and is pretty worthless to hold in the socket It can fit well into the slot but won t stay in I could probably test the current using extra wiring I would like to know if my Acer Aspire can t turn on without it I know having a fan is important but I wanted to test if that s why it Power failure to Laptop wouldn t turn on I m planning on just replacing the old fan Even if I get the fan replaced I wouldn t be sure if that s the reason why it won t turn on I hope that s it because if it s anything else then I must have glanced over it I don t see any other thing out of place I checked around where the power line Power failure to Laptop leads to The plug slot to the motherboard I hope the motherboard isn t bad At least I would just want to know if that s why it won t turn on Is there any troubleshooting I can go through with this if the fan isn t the problem When I say it won t turn on I mean that there is no power light Power failure to Laptop or fan working obviously the fan won t Thanks for listening I m not experienced enough with recognizing the problem nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all,

I am running windows xp on multiple systems for a small business.

When I boot up my machine, it will load just fine all the way until I enter user/pass to log into the domain. Then, the machine does a soft reset and starts the process all over again.

Anyone experienced this? My guess was a power supply issue. I have a different power supply, and will try that now.

Thoughts?

Thanks

A:Solved: Possible Power Failure?

Have you tried booting in "last known good configuration"? checked the ram? run chkdsk through the recovery console (chkdsk /r)? starting the comp with the minimum hardware required?

Did you just download sp2 and if so, are your bios and drivers up to date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-possible-power-failure.708318/
Relevancy 44.29%

This thread is similar to the one right before this about his monitor not working correctly I apologize if it seems like a double post Well I had cannot XP Power start Failure...Now a power Power Failure...Now cannot start XP failure in my house last night The power immediately came back on My computer shut down though I went to reboot and Power Failure...Now cannot start XP as it was first loading a screen black screen similar to the F boot screen came up saying that windows did not shut down properly If gives you options to start in Power Failure...Now cannot start XP safe mode safe mode with networking etc Below those options it reads if you had a power failure we recommend that you start Windows the last time it was working And there was an option to do that So I did The Windows XP Screen loaded but as it was about to load up the login screen my monitor went black and stayed black I tried it several different times and it still didnt work I also tried to unplug the monitor from the PC unplugging the PC altogether and replugging but had no luck Any ideas Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

My ex-wife s computer an antique from years ago has recently been making strange loud noises Failure Abrupt Power that I suspected to be the hard drive Not wanting to lose her data she asked me to bring over an old HD I have to back-up files Abrupt Power Failure on While I had the case open I also took the time to use some canned air as it hadn t been dusted in what looked like its entire lifespan As well I took out a modem card and tried installing an old soundcard I had laying around When I d got everything in place and plugged it back in nothing happened when I turned it on No beeping no false start zilch So I reversed all of my moves and set it back up exactly as I d found it and tried again Nothing doing I find it a bit strange that the power supply would give out I suppose it is possible that it was under-performing thereby causing the strange noises by not giving enough power to components to run properly and perhaps my tinkering is what finally caused it to die altogether but that seems unlikely I am wondering if perhaps there may be something in the hardware that I overlooked I am certain everything was plugged back in correctly but it just seems like too much of a coincidence It s not that big of a deal as a new power supply is cheap or she may even take this as a sign to upgrade to a new er system but I d still like to know what may have caused it I don t have the specifics of her system other than it has a Pentium II Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Abrupt Power Failure

Any sign of power at all? Any LED's on the board or fans? Do you have another PSU to try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/abrupt-power-failure.679121/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all Came down to the computer tonight to find myself at the log in screen Figured it to be from the recent power bump we had and attempted to log on Says password or user incorrect Weird It's a fairly simple-easy to remember password so I try again No good Password hint doesn't even show I log in to my kids account as there is no password required there Notice that icons are missing and it would seem that the IE explorer program is completely gone What is going on Ran malwarebytes came up clean Try to run system restore Can't do as it wants admin password Start in safe mode with command prompt Same problem Need admin password I can assure you that this is my computer as in another forum I posted after power Locked failure out my problem and it was implied I was attempting to break into someone else's computer I am not looking to break into my own computer although I suppose that would help rather I want to know why this would happen whether I can restore the computer to a Locked out after power failure previous date or if I can use the windows upgrade disk to repair it Or what the heck I can do to use my computer again The computer is a gateway AMD phenom ghz bit Originally vista and upgraded to Any help would be great Thanks

A:Locked out after power failure

Might see if you can activate the Administrator account [hidden by default] and delete or change your User password.
https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.piABfPy-_1k
If I can't get that to work I boot to a utility disc I bought [not cheap but it has nearly paid for itself] that allows me to delete the passwords from Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/366990-locked-out-after-power-failure.html