Windows Support Forum

Windows opening and closing on their own

Q: Windows opening and closing on their own

When i try to use the mouse, random windows open and close on their own relentlessly.I have run Norton antivirus but nothing has come up. Ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows opening and closing on their own

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows opening and closing on their own

hi, welcome to TSG.

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
as most of the files are legitimate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-opening-and-closing-on-their-own.414447/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello guys,

Recently the windows store stopped working for me, well I say recently but I hadn't used it in a long time till recently so I don't know for how long it has actually been out of commission.

When I try to open it it will flash for a second before quickly closing. Searching the internet for solutions has shown me that this is a known issue.

So far I've tried a large number of things to try and fix it:

-Tried Windows Powershell
-Tried Win store Troubleshooter
-Tried making a new Microsoft account
-Tried using a local account
-Tried clearing the store cache and deleting its folders
-Tried messing around in regedit thinking it may be a permission issue
-Tried Win store reset
-Tried disabling firewall + antivirus and trying powershell + reset
-Tried a clean install of Windows 10

Nothings worked so far, so any new solutions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65487-windows-10-store-not-working-flashes-opening-opening-before-closing.html
Relevancy 62.35%

when I turn my computer on the icons and windows open and close by themselves very fast and sometimes at the end of this there will be a couple of beeps. It only lasts about 30 seconds. I have vipre antivirus, I have 44 gb free of 77gb total memoery. I have called the teck from my internet provider and they checked it and said there were no viruses. Can you tell me what may be causing this problem.

A:icons and windows opening and closing by themselves

more info needed to get to the issue. let us start with what operation system u r running? does the computer restart after that or do u see a blue screen with some text?
if you can install malwarebyte from http://malwarebytes.org/ & run it that will be great. that will clean lots of spoywares & malwares from your pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-and-windows-opening-and-closing-by-themselves.808143/
Relevancy 62.35%

I had to reinstall my Windows XP after a crash, I have got everything working correctly I believe, EXCEPT I can only open one window at the time, when I open my home page (Google) to search for something, then minimize it, and try to open my AOL mail or anything else, it closes the previous window (Google), can somebody help me please? Thanks so much!

A:[resolved]opening and closing windows (XP) help please!

I can only open one window at the time, when I open my home page (Google) to search for something, then minimize it, and try to open my AOL mail or anything else, it closes the previous window (Google), can somebody help me please? Thanks so much!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-opening-and-closing-windows-xp-help-please-151304.html
Relevancy 62.35%

We are running Windows XP Professional on one of our home PCs. About two months ago, the CD RW drive started misbehaving. It keeps opening and closing for no reason and then the PC performance becomes slow. Finally, it freezes. I think it is a probably a software problem but I have no idea how to fix it. The hardware is an HP Pavillion 8986.

Dunderhead - Posted 21 November # 3.00pm GMT

Relevancy 62.35%

Computer: Windows XP SP3

What is happening: Computer boots up and after loggin in and runs about 20+ command prompts so fast that I cannot even tell what it as attemtping to run.It will eventually give me a desktop. Having problems with consistant access to the internet and the computer is running very slow.

I ran Spybot and it found many errors and claimed to have fixed most of them.

A:Opening and closing command windows

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
2) Have you run full scans with both your anti virus app and MalwareBytes? If not, please do so now
3) Spybot is old school. I'd uninstall it if I were you and use MalwareBytes and / or Super AntiSpyware instead.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464125/opening-and-closing-command-windows/
Relevancy 62.35%

when I turm my computer on icons and windows will open and close very fast. The computer goes crazy. Sometimes it will even make a beeping noise. I use viper antivirus. I have 44gb free with a totoal of 77 available. I have called teck support from my internet provider and they found no virused or spyware. It was also suggested I may need more memory. Sometimes the screen will freeze when I am on the internet. Please tell me what might be causing this problem. I use my computer mostly for facebook and watching movies at watchmovie.net. Any ideas how I may solve this problem. I just had the hard drive replaced 3 months ago.

Relevancy 62.35%

My XPS began typing amp opening amp closing windows on it s own yesterday It also stopped recognizing my password System restore did not work I had a own. opening on it's XPS & Typing, 13 windows closing previous non-working touchpad issue taken care of in October and not long after that my cursor started acting up by bouncing XPS 13 Typing, opening & closing windows on it's own. around while I was typing or deleting words on me It didn t happen all the time but often enough Now that I XPS 13 Typing, opening & closing windows on it's own. am one month out XPS 13 Typing, opening & closing windows on it's own. of warranty it went haywire I took it to get looked at amp it did the same thing for them They were able to get the password to work but all the problems occurred to the point where the repair guy asked if I had spilled anything on it I didn t or knew someone who would mess with it no one has access to it but me He hooked up an external keyboard amp the same problems occurred No one could figure out what was causing the problems He said it could be a software hardware or motherboard problem or any combination therein that narrows it down Can it be fixed Would Dell extend the warranty to fix it or replace it if it is not fixable Please help Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986458
Relevancy 62.35%

i have a little box that opens up briefly in the upper rt corner of my pc then other time I have connections and pages I never openedalwarebytes Anti-Malwarewww malwarebytes orgScan Date Scan Time AMLogfile malware log txtAdministrator YesVersion Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License TrialMalware Protection EnabledMalicious Website Protection EnabledSelf-protection DisabledOS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFSUser loganScan Type Threat ScanResult CompletedObjects Scanned Time Elapsed min secMemory EnabledStartup EnabledFilesystem EnabledArchives EnabledRootkits DisabledHeuristics EnabledPUP EnabledPUM EnabledProcesses No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end AdwCleaner v - Report created at Updated by Xplode Operating System Windows Home Premium Service windows closing opening pc crazy gone Pack bits Username logan - LOGAN-PC Running from C Users logan AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE SSKENGC adwcleaner exe Option Clean Services Files Folders Shortcuts Registry Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes protector dll protectorbhoKey Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes protector dll protectorbho Key Deleted HKCU Software AppDataLow SoftwareKey Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Software Browsers - Internet Explorer v - Google Chrome v AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - pc gone crazy opening closing windows octets - EOF - C AdwClean Results of screen s Security Check version nbsp nbsp Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled nbsp nbsp Internet Explorer nbsp Antivirus Firewall Check u nbsp Windows Firewall Enabled nbsp Norton Internet Security nbsp nbsp avast Antivirus nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Antivirus up to date nbsp nbsp Anti-malware Other Utilities Check u nbsp MVPS Hosts File nbsp nbsp Java TM Update nbsp nbsp Java version out of Date nbsp Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date pc gone crazy opening closing windows nbsp Google Chrome nbsp nbsp Google Chrome nbsp Process Check objlist pc gone crazy opening closing windows exe by Laurent u nbsp nbsp Norton ccSvcHst exe nbsp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe nbsp nbsp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe nbsp nbsp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe nbsp nbsp nbsp AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe nbsp nbsp AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe nbsp nbsp AVAST Software Avast avastui exe nbsp System Health check u nbsp Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log u er AdwCleaner S txt - octets

A:pc gone crazy opening closing windows

Hello and welcome to Computer Hope Forum. My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer. 1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line. *************************************************************************The Security log shows you have two Anti-virus programs on your computer; Norton Internet Security and  avast! Antivirus. Please make sure that only AV is active at any time on your computer otherwise, they will cause conflicts.Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.?Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.?Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.?Temporarily disable your Antivirus and any Antispyware real time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.?Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator?The tool will open and start scanning your system.?Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.?On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.?Copy and Paste the JRT.txt log into your next message.***********************************************Update Your Java (JRE)Old versions of Java have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.First Verify your Java VersionIf there are any other version(s) installed then update now.Get the new version (if needed)If your version is out of date install the newest version of the Sun Java Runtime Environment.Note: UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software offered with the Java update. The pre-checked toolbars/software are not part of the Java update.Be sure to close ALL open web browsers before starting the installation.Remove any old versions1. Download JavaRa and unzip the file to your Desktop.2. Open JavaRA.exe and choose Remove Older Versions3. Once complete exit JavaRA.Additional Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click OK and reboot your computer.*************************************************Update your Adobe Reader. get.adobe.com/reader.Be sure to uncheck the Free McAfee Security Scan so it isn't installed.************************************************Malwarebytes' Anti-RootkitPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page for performing a scan.Caution: This is a beta version so... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,144697.0.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys, did you found a fix on this:

I'm running an original Windows 7 (I preordered it) and I've updated all graphic drivers, but whenever I want to close a window, Windows Aero lags for a quick second and closes the window, however whenever I minimize a window, it closes down nicely with the effect. Why is this occuring?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all - I didn't have time to go thru' amp read all the threads here to see if there's a solution to my problem Man You guys are prolific I actually have two problems but I'll stick with this sound one for now I customized my Windows of for closing not play opening will & Sounds sounds for the opening amp closing of Windows way back Sounds for opening & closing of Windows will not play in the XP days The changes have played thru' all the updates amp the older Windows like Millennium amp Vista but now on Win they won't play If I go to my control panel they are there if I hit the test button I can hear them For all intents they should play right But they don't Now problem two - I am a pinhead when it comes to computers so any solutions you might have for me are going to have to be explained like you're talking to a hamster It's so weird that I can operate a blog run a hockey board but can't do the simplest things with Windows

A:Sounds for opening & closing of Windows will not play

I haven't tried it on my Win 7 install, but I too used to use custom startup and shutdown wavs. However, I recall there was something I saw on the web about Win 7 not working or working properly with user sounds and the reason I've never tried it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/98309-sounds-opening-closing-windows-will-not-play.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have googled many users experiencing in Closing Opening Windows Slow Motion and the same problems but they are either left unresolved or solved in methods that does not work for me I have an Alienware M x Windows Home Premium -bit The situation Windows Opening and Closing in Slow Motion is as such Everything runs perfectly well There are no random BSODs nor is the computer operating slowly The problem is that whenever i open or close a window Windows Opening and Closing in Slow Motion the window does so in slow motion It takes like seconds for the window to either fade in or out When Windows Opening and Closing in Slow Motion i try to play a game the game itself runs in slow motion There is no hit to the graphics or the sound I have such problems intermittently over the last few months but most of the time the problem is solved by either restarting the laptop or turning on the power adapter so that the laptop runs on A C power The problem went away for quite a while until two weeks ago where it started all over again This time i was unable to solve the problem through the old fixes Last week i thought i solved the problem when i did a clean install of both my Intel HD graphics driver and the Nvidia drivers For a couple of days the laptop ran fine Two days ago the problem came back but i solved it by doing the old restarting and plug in power adapter trick Today however both of these methods failed What i have done Ran Virus Malware Checks with AVG and Malwarebytes Nothing detected Ran SFC Scannow No problems Did a Clean Boot Problem persist Update whatever drivers i can and all Windows Update Problem persist Used Event Viewer No errors except for an error regarding DCHP Physical Memory from Task Manager is I have GB RAM Using Resource Monitor the biggest users of Memory is svchost exe Local System Network Restricted and Chrome In short i have no idea what is going on If there is any more information i can provide to facilitate any kind helpers i will be more than glad to EDIT It's weird I just uninstalled some programs which i don't use anymore which prompted a restart Seems to be alright for now I will monitor developments for the next few days If the problem goes away i will mark this as solved This kind of mirrors some of the other users solution to this problem The problem for some of them seem to mysteriously go away Regards Ben

A:Windows Opening and Closing in Slow Motion

To me this sounds like a possible lack of enough ram. Even though the system is not acting slowly; the system could still be suffering from lack of enough available ram to run not just windows itself; but background programs and services, etc. so you might want to consider upping the amount of ram you have to at least 8gb. Especially if its for gaming use; you want to have more than enough for gaming rather than not enough at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317334-windows-opening-closing-slow-motion.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I can't find a solution to my problem For just one of a good number of examples I have Sonique MP player It starts ok but opening Windows closing extremely slowly and apps then it takes no joke seconds to close after clicking the close button Other apps have similar reactions but at startup time I have run spybot S amp D Registry Mechanic Ad Aware CCleaner ewido Security Suite Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly and a good number of other apps to try to clean up this mess but it still persists Here is my Hijack This log Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly iHateSpam siSpamFilterEngine exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm server exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Filing Cabinets Fcabinet exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXEC Program Files Anti-Hijacker AntiHijacker EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siMailProxyServer exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO netMonior Class - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - blank file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar toolbar - F- DA- CB-BF C- CAB A - C PROGRA toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO ... Read more

A:Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly

Hi wacky60 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of problems in the log. It is quite clean. having a program take 5 seconds to shut down is not uncommon. I have many programs which take that long or longer. It just depends on what resources the program has to release and what cleanup it has to do at the time of shutdown.There are a couple of housekeeping items we can fix so let's do that.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlO2 - BHO: netMonior Class - {85810C93-C14C-11D5-BC4B-0050BA28E4FE} - blank (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: 1toolbar - {2184469F-67DA-49CB-BF3C-9CAB5974A280} - C:\PROGRA~1\1toolbar\1toolbar.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\program files\toolbar\ <--folderOk, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29177/windows-apps-opening-and-closing-extremely-slowly/
Relevancy 61.06%

So I turn on my computer this morning and I don't know what is wrong, don't know if it is malware or a virus or what.

Microsoft Outlook keeps randomly opening every 5-10 min. Every now and then a window I have open will just randomly closed. I've noticed CAPS lock keeps randomly turning on and off as well.

I have run a full scan of both NOD32 Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware both in regular Windows and in Safe Mode. Neither program found anything at all both scans.

I don't understand wtf is going on? I've looked in my running processes and nothing suspicious is running, at least nothing that I think is very suspicious.

Help!

A:Virus? Malware? Outlook keeps opening, windows closing, etc.

Also, windows keep randomly minimizing, other keys keep randomly being hit such as the ESC key, etc.

Also what I found odd is it seems to happen most frequently when I'm doing stuff on my computer, especially playing games. When I just have my computer sitting there idling, it hardly ever does it, if it does at all.

It's so damn annoying... should I run HJT?9

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314086/virus-malware-outlook-keeps-opening-windows-closing-etc/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

WMP11 closes immediately after it opens. I have been using it for a long time with no problems. The only thing that is new is that I just installed a new 25" LCD monitor (I-INC) but I wouldn't think that would cause any problems.

I'd appreciate any help.

My PC configuration is:
Dell Dimension 3000
Windows XP SP3
2G Memory

A:Windows Media Player 11 Keeps Closing Immediately After Opening

Try reinstalling, you can download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-keeps-closing-immediately-after-opening.908180/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi first off if someone s already asked this and had it answered ignore or windows closing face opening media showing its keeps without itself player and delete this and show me the answer that s already up please i couldn t find anything like my problem okay so i m using windows vista home premium still haha computer is an acer laptop bl so what s been happening is windows media player would open itself without opening i could see it using loads of space in task manager but it never showed up just slowed my computer down from behind the scenes media player and something called wmpnscfg exe and they d open for a few seconds then close themselves again and seemed to be working seperately so far what i ve done about is i ve tried to uninstall media player which it turns out i can t do looked windows media player keeps opening and closing itself without showing its face in registry editor for what s making them open themselves in the run folder at hkey local machine-software-microsoft-windows-current version-run and the one for windows media player in hkey local machine-software-microsoft-mediaplayer and there s nothing there looked in services it s not there not in my startup folder i ve set windows media player keeps opening and closing itself without showing its face all the files that media player would open by default to be opened by others either vlc or itunes turned off the option to share files in media player itself nothing s worked well wmpnscfg exe windows media player keeps opening and closing itself without showing its face hasn t been showing up since but media player keeps opening and shutting every few seconds it s dead annoying and i can t work out where it s coming from at all any and all help and advice will be massively appreciated

A:windows media player keeps opening and closing itself without showing its face

Update and do a quick scan with Malwarebytes remove all that it finds and reboot.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/ecf14848530d11a2f09a94b92a69fcfa/
Update do a quick scan with Superantispyware remove all this finds reboot.
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Then run a scan with eset remove all that it finds reboot your machine and if the issue persist see below.
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469639/windows-media-player-keeps-opening-and-closing-itself-without-showing-its-face/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi to all I'm sure a lot of people are annoyed with the same bug it apprently happens on all Windows editions When you open explorer and activate the preview pane using the button on the uper right to and preview re-opening How size pane of closing Windows 7 when keep - the the Explorer? you can define the size like any pane by clicking and draging the vertical border line But when you close explorer and open it again the size is not kept and the preview pane is very big you have to click and drag everytime to resize it It doesn't happen if you double-click on computer it only happens when you click on explorer icon which opens the libraries location the default location i'm not completly sure but i've only seen that in this way Windows 7 - How to keep the size of the preview pane when closing and re-opening Explorer? It seems that Explorer doesn't read correctly the REG BINARY of quot ReadingPaneSizer quot or maybe the values quot PageSpaceControlSizer quot or quot PreviewPaneSizer quot in the key quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Modules GlobalSettings Sizer quot when it opens but it writes it apparently Windows 7 - How to keep the size of the preview pane when closing and re-opening Explorer? correctly when you manual resize the pane and the value isn't change before manual action even when explorer Windows 7 - How to keep the size of the preview pane when closing and re-opening Explorer? opens and display preview pane in a different size And the last thing when you open explorer activate preview pane resize preview pane deactivate it close explorer open explorer again activate preview pane the size is the good one preserved from previous explorer window So question is does someone know a way to fix this really annonying bug I can't activate the preview pane in default profile for my domain users if there is this bug Thanks for your help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/569509ae-a37a-441f-8cc3-95d5231b171b/windows-7-how-to-keep-the-size-of-the-preview-pane-when-closing-and-reopening-explorer?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 53.75%

I have not seen the name of the command prompt pop-ups because it is only there for a split second, 2-3 happen on startup usually, and there is usually 1-2 popping up throughout the day, i was playing a game in this time and when it popped up it minimized my game but the cmd prompt lasted for like a millisecond after it minimized my game. Is this malware and even if it is not how can I stop this? For the past week also if i play games it minimizes it which annoys me a lot.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cmd-opening-and-closing.61643/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have not seen the name of the command prompt pop-ups because it is only there for a split second, 2-3 happen on startup usually, and there is usually 1-2 popping up throughout the day, i was playing a game in this time and when it popped up it minimized my game but the cmd prompt lasted for like a millisecond after it minimized my game. Is this malware and even if it is not how can I stop this? For the past week also if i play games it minimizes it which annoys me a lot.

A:Cmd opening and closing

this does not sound like malware to me.
it is more likely some kind of software or driver incompatiblity.
check your device manager and expand the various categories and look for a driver that is marked as a problem

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cmd-opening-and-closing.62671/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been encountering a problem with IE8 completely closing when I click on external links. After doing a bit of reading, I've tried disabling all add ons and accelerators, as well as ensuring that 'Enable Tabbed Browsing' in Internet Options has been activated, but this has not helped. The system in question is running XP if that matters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:IE8 closing when opening new link

Start>Run>regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
This will make sure the "offending" dll is registered.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-closing-when-opening-new-link-590720.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have done everything I can think of.
malware scan.
updated my windows drivers.
restarted.
closed unneccessary processes.
defragged my computer.
everything.
im running the panda virus scan right now.
my problem is that some programs wont start, such as avg virus scan and others.
and also, programs such as winamp wont stay open. it will run for about two minutes, and then give me the "send error report" prompt.
also, whenever i go to a new website, it asks me to accept a license.
i tried running a windows media file on winamp on accident, and that's where it started.
i deleted those files from my computer, yet the problem still exists.
i've uninstalled and reinstalled winamp, nothing happened.

can someone help me?

much appreciated.
-steve.

A:programs closing out/not opening. HELP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissthesky

whenever i go to a new website, it asks me to accept a license.
i tried running a windows media file on winamp on accident, and that's where it started.
i deleted those files from my computer, yet the problem still exists.
i've uninstalled and reinstalled winamp, nothing happened.

can someone help me?

much appreciated.
-steve.

Well, I've had problems with the stupid license thing before too and there's one thing to check that might fix alot of things. When I had the license problem it was because my PC clock had been set back alot of years, I know it sounds awkward but that's what happens, so check your PC clock year and switch it back if it was changed. If that's not it post back.

P.S. You shouldn't have Panda AND Avg installed, it should be one or the other because they cause problems with each other, just like most Anti virus when you put more than one on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-closing-out-not-opening-help-164117.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My CD Tray is now opening and closing every 2 min. If i put in a disk, such as a game disk, and start the game, the tray will stop opening and closing. Once I stop the game, the tray starts opening and closing again.

auto execute does not work when I put a disk in.

I have run Norton 360, it shows no vurus or spyware.

A:CD Tray is now opening and closing every 2 min

Does this only happen when this disk is in the drive?
Does it also happen when the drive is empty?
Does this happen with any other disks?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240487-cd-tray-now-opening-closing-every-2-min.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, as topic said that is my problem. It happens so fast, so i cant even SS it. Happens like 20-30 min. Thanks for your help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620835/cmd-opening-and-closing-immediately/
Relevancy 53.32%

I downloaded some software that allows you to open and close your CD Rom drives from the tool bar. However, I can't seem to get it to show up on my tool bar. According to exployer, the program has been successfully downloaded and launched.

I have Windows 95..............Can someone please help me on this?

TKS,

JS

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I first noticed I was infected whenever I would search google in firefox it would quit immediately and open IE and go to ea com I thought no big deal Then a couple days later something ran while I was on the comp utorrent exe activated and started to add random torrents by itself Winrar then activated and started to unzip what seemed like every single zip file on my computer but it seemed to fail alot so I had hundreds of winrar errors closing Firefox opening IE and constantly popping up At the same time Firefox closing and IE opening MSN then opened and it started messaging people on my contact list by a link to some website which I didn t see because it closed the window straight after At this point I hard reset my computer booted into safe mode and ran adaware spybot and housecall scans They picked up a few things and removed them Then I rebooted and ran combofix Now my system seems fairly stable but I think there are still things left over I cannot open task manager still Here is the hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C PROGRA DUMETE DUMeter exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system java exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows explorer exe C Users Jordan Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe -s O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run DU Meter C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exe O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run Java Update Checker C KF J T JavaUpdate jar O - HKCU Run GoogleUpdater exe C Users Jordan AppData Roaming GoogleToolbar GoogleUpdater exe O - Global Startup NETGEAR WG v Smart Wizard lnk C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-closing-and-ie-opening.1004771/
Relevancy 53.32%

I apologize for the vague title this is kind of hard to describe I have been noticing when I open opening/closing browser I see When 2 or close my Firefox browser that I will see a When opening/closing browser I see 2 quick flash of what appears to be another browser window closing When opening/closing browser I see 2 Most of the time it happens so When opening/closing browser I see 2 quickly that I cant make out what it is but from what I can tell I think is either a webpage that I have closed or browsed past It doesn t matter if I have one tab open or multiples I notice a little while ago when I opened my Firefox browser that a quick flash of a Youtube video that I had watched earlier in the day popped up before my regular home screen It is kind of weird but I am really wondering if it isn t some sort of tracker or logger I notice the quot problem quot more so when I close my Firefox browser but I occasionally catch it when I open the browser bit system - no ark txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by jvanhook at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f e STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f e AESTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system dldtcoms exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe c Program Files x Common Files Dell Advanced Networking Service hnm svc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Dell V dldtmon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Dell V dldtMsdMon exe C Users jvanhook Program Files x DNA btdna exe C Program Files x Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files x Dell Remote Access ezi ra exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files x SelectRebates SelectRebates exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched e... Read more

A:When opening/closing browser I see 2

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/419828 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419828/when-openingclosing-browser-i-see-2/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I have a problem with browsers Internet Explorer and Firefox. They keep closing after I open the browsers, how to fix them? I am running Windows 7 x64 SP1.

A:IE 11 and Firefox closing after opening

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does the same issue happen in Safe Mode?

Are both browser's fully updated?

Are there any other strange issues with the PC?

What type of antivirus are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-11-and-firefox-closing-after-opening-808210.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Today I was on the computer and CMD popped up and then just closed, I managed to see what is said C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\tnmnger.exe. Now I went to common files and I found the folders and deleted them. After that I went to Task Manager and deleted/ended RIM blah, blah, blah. I know it was Research in Motion. I don't know why this keeps popping up even when I deleted it! Please this is the first time it happend and it is really irritating and bothering! Please some one help!

-Nack

A:****cmd keeps opening and closing VERY FAST****

Hello -
Research in Motion, <=(Please read  the Wiki link) is related to Blackberry devices.
So the first thing to ask is, do you have / run any devices related to Blackberry ?

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512860/cmd-keeps-opening-and-closing-very-fast/
Relevancy 53.32%

My daughter called and said the door on her cd/rw drive keeps opening and closing. She lives 100 miles from me so I have to work by phone. Is this a unit failure or a software problem? She has win 98se and the unit is a Phillips cd/rw.

I am trying to get information together to build her another pc. Should I have her just disconnect this unit, till I get a new computer built?

Thanks!

A:CD/R door keeps opening and closing

a few months ago this was someones idea of fun
run
adaware
spybot
and your virus program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-r-door-keeps-opening-and-closing.207001/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi. The cmd window is opening and closing by itself. It says something in the window but closes before I can read it. I honestly don't even know if  malicious software is behind this or not. Regardless, your help is much appreciated.
These are the logs that FRST gave me.

A:CMD is opening and closing automaticly

Have you attempted to uninstall Skydrive or One drive? There is a Runonce entry calling for the CMD command window.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585963/cmd-is-opening-and-closing-automaticly/
Relevancy 53.32%

At startup I get an error that Exployer has stopped working - it then pops up windows is trying to find a solution - a few seconds later it pops up that Exployer is restarting - everything go's blank and it starts all over again - and over - and over --did I get a virus?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exployer-keeps-opening-and-closing.602160/
Relevancy 53.32%

My explorer.exe Keeps Closing & Opening, i already tried restarting.idk what happened, it just started doing this randomly like 1hour ago, i did download anything.it also gives me this error:What is wrong?How do i Fix this?

A:Explorer.exe keeps Closing & Opening

Looks like an infection to me (the legit csrss.exe doesn't reside in the Windows directory).
Hang on while I move this over to the Am I Infected forum....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190797/explorerexe-keeps-closing-opening/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I tried google for the problem that I have but I couldnt get a fix on this.
I noticed that there was something loading in the background so I kept an eye on the task manager process. The process Com Surrogate keeps loading and closing every few minutes. It opens for a few seconds and closes. Ive read that it has something to do with thumbnails which I disabled to see if it would do anything but did not. I scanned my computer with my anti virus, malware, and spybot. All the scans came out clean with no issues. Its been doing this for the past few days.

A:Com Surrogate keeps opening and closing

Hi Uvpc

Take a look at the link below and see that helps

Fix for COM Surrogate Has Stopped Working Error in Vista

Note
It should work for Windows 7 as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282903-com-surrogate-keeps-opening-closing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I recently have noticed that programs (like 'cmd' in run, and mIRC (these are the programs I've seen it happen in, everything else I use works fine (for what I have used :P))) will open then close, but the process will be running, they minimize to the taskbar then disappear, but the process is still running! I can make a video and upload it and show you what happens when I start mIRC if you want, please help, I don't want to have to re-install Windows XP, so if anyone has a fix please tell me.

I'm running:
Windows XP Pro SP2

Help please.

A:Programs opening then 'closing'.

Possible it's a virus....

Try scan your system with Anti-virus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-opening-then-closing-160806.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have tried most things other people have suggested but they have not seemed to help so i own its closing and on Explorer.exe opening am posting my hijack this log in hopes someone can help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Explorer.exe opening and closing on its own svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe C Program Files Common Files Explorer.exe opening and closing on its own Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Rogers SelfHealing shs exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Microtek ScanWizard ScannerFinder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE F Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run amd dc opt C Program Files AMD Dual-Core Optimizer amd dc opt exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Rogers SHS C Program Files Rogers SelfHealing shs exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run NVIDIA nTune quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneCmd exe quot clear O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Global Startup Microtek Scanner Finder lnk C Program Files Microtek ScanWizard ScannerFinder exe O - Extra context menu item Download all links with IDM - F Internet Download Manager IEGetAll htm O - Extra context menu item Download FLV video content with IDM - F Internet Download Manager IEGetVL htm O - Extra context menu item Download with IDM - F Internet Download Manager IEExt htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/explorer-exe-opening-and-closing-on-its-own-251455.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Daughter just installed new CD rom drive on HP computer. After installation the door keeps opening and closing. Could this be because the computer is not reading the new drive? How do you go about getting the computer to read the new drive? Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 53.32%

I'm using ACT! 6.0, been using it for a while, but today when I tried to open it the program opened, then closed. No error messages. I've uninstalled ACT! several times now to no avail. If anyone has some experience with this program and possible conflicts with anything else I have on the machine please advise.

There were a couple utilities I installed yesterday before the problems started but have since uninstalled those and others I didn't need.

A:ACT! 6.0 Started Opening then Closing

Do you use XP or Vista?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176925/act-60-started-opening-then-closing/
Relevancy 53.32%

well hello to you all!
i have a problem with my pc, it an old one, the only one i own.
anyway the problem is this..... when i boot up my pc decides to open programmes all on their own and also closes them. sometimes its after i have been running for a while and sometimes as the service or programmes load.
i have formatted my pc perhaps half a dozen times thinking that it may have been virused, but after i have formatted and run my pc it starts doing it all over again. therefore i can assume that its not viruses. so i have come to you for your experienced advice.

:giddy:

A:programmes opening and closing on their own

If the pc is used online then its probably getting viruses and spyware over and over again. You need to protect it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/programmes-opening-and-closing-on-their-own.57430/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ran Malwarebyte s and removed infections but the CD drive is still opening and closing Here is a HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost closing CD and its opening drive own on exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files CD drive opening and closing on its own Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exeC Program Files Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exeC Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search CD drive opening and closing on its own WindowsSearch exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour CD drive opening and closing on its own mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system dlcxcoms exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exec program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Settings Randy My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home alot com client id BC on R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EX... Read more

A:CD drive opening and closing on its own

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329098/cd-drive-opening-and-closing-on-its-own/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
Sometimes when I come out of standby, my Pioneer 109 will keep opening and closing on its own, the only solution I found was to shut down the computer, wait 10 seconds, and then restart it, if I don't wait 10 seconds, the problem stays. When I put a DVD in the drive, while it's open, it will close and then start spinning but it is not actually reading it, and if I go to My Computer it doesn't see the DVD in the DVD drive. I ran a full virus scan and I did not find anything. I know that my DVD drive is an old one, it has like 5 years, and is IDE. I just hope that it is not my motherboard!

A:DVD tray keeps opening and closing

Try updating your drive firmware. See if this page helps. Its old, though.

Pioneer A09/109 firmware update to v1.50 - AfterDawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87184-dvd-tray-keeps-opening-closing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve disabled the drive under the device manager and it s still doing it Here s my HJT file Any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Privacy Service GUARDDOG EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee Privacy Service GUARDDOG EXE C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP dpps exe C Program Files SVA Player SVAPLAYER EXE C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files opening closing tray and CD keeps Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C COMPAQ CPQINET CPQInet exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH CD tray keeps opening and closing Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system MMTrayLSI exe C WINDOWS system MMTray k exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C WINDOWS System fast exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcregwiz exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe CD tray keeps opening and closing C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C Program Files winupdates winupdates exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Exif Launcher QuickDCF exe C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Speed Disk nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http store presario net scripts redirectors presario storeredir dll s consumerfav amp c c amp lc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www commonname com english toolbar sidebar asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www commonname com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Compaq O - BHO MyWay Search Assistant BHO - - - dea- C- ECD AA - C Program Files MyWay SrchAstt bin MYSRCHAS DLL file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BabeIE - A E B- C E- B F- FD- F C B D AD - C Program Files CommonName Toolbar BabeIE... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I m quite new to this forum deal but I thought I d give it a shot to see if I can get some help in fixing my problem I m not sure what the cause is but my Internet Explorer constantly closes on me when I try to open it opening Explorer upon closing keeps The Window Explorer keeps closing upon opening would just appear then disappear I ran Mal-ware bytes and it had like infected files I removed them but it the explorer still doesnt work What should I do to fix this I m running Explorer keeps closing upon opening a Sony Vaio VGNS Laptop and only use it for school purposes It currently has windows XP sp I was considering changing to sp but I thought I d fix this problem first before complicating things Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings AMKIM Application Data Mozilla Profiles default y ahzm slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge TELUS Security service pkR dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge TELUS Security service FreeBHOR dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO no name - CE C CF - B - D -ABED- C - no file O - BHO no name - F A - AF - E -AFED-EDC A B F - no file O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run So... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-keeps-closing-upon-opening.841026/
Relevancy 53.32%

appcrash followed by ..... 10.0.9200.16635... ntdll.dll

os Version 6.1.7601.2.10.768.39

Needless to say I cannot find file iexplore no matter what I do.

A:iexplore keep closing and opening

See if this works out, I believe that is a Norton .dll file,
explorer.exe has stopped working, ntdll.dll causes it

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/300771-iexplore-keep-closing-opening.html
Relevancy 53.32%

when i open any of the windows own programs (e.g windows calendar,windows update .ect) the window comes up and displays a empty window then after 2 second closes again . i need help because i cant update my windows and it is running slow and there are lots of problems.i have a acer laptop and its about 4 years old
thank you

A:opening then immediate closing of programs?

hijackthis log
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 13:12:29, on 13/10/2009
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16386)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\LManager.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Users\malex\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\ERAGENT.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eLock\Service\eLockServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Acer\Mobility Center\MobilityService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRecoveryService.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/defaults/sp/*http://uk.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://en.uk.acer.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://en.uk.acer.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) =... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-then-immediate-closing-of-programs.868181/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently just accidentally clicked on a link and gave me a ton of viruses. I ran malwarebytes and got rid of the ones it detected. The only issue is my command prompt, C:/WINDOWS/System32/cmd.exe, keeps opening then quickly closing. This happens around every 10 seconds.
I somehow managed to click on the command prompt and it froze, then disappeared. I took a picture.

I'll appreciate any help,
Thanks

A:Command prompt keeps opening and closing

I forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/command-prompt-keeps-opening-and-closing-1118210.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I don t know if I have malware of spyware but I thought this would be a good place to start Many times after I IE then do Am opening not tell? how closing I infected, or responding. I ve started up my laptop I ve clicked on the IE icon on my desktop only to have it open briefly the close each time I IE opening then closing or not responding. Am I infected, how do I tell? then I go to the programs menu and click on IE there and it will work but sometimes it does the same thing Sometimes IE will open and all I get is a blank screen with quot connecting quot in the tab and the address to my home page in the address bar Other times I ll have to use the IE icon on the start menu and occasionally it behaves the same way Each time I m asked to send an quot Error Report quot which I do and then another asks me if I would like to see more details When I go to the link a microsoft website it informs me that I may have malware spyware or a virus It further states that it could be the IE add-ons causing the problem Basically nothing of value I can use to determine what the cause is I have CA anti-virus and have run a full scan and only found tracking cookies I removed them I am uncertain if this is malware virus or hijack and have no idea where to start or how to proceed Will you please help me get started on this to determine if there is a problem and what I need to do once that has been established

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373763/ie-opening-then-closing-or-not-responding-am-i-infected-how-do-i-tell/
Relevancy 52.89%

I used to have a gadget on my desktop that would open and close my dvd drive which was very convenient for me as I can't easily reach the button while sitting in my chair (and if I stretch, I CAN take out or put in a disc)

Is there an app in Windows 10 will do that?

A:App or gadget for opening and closing dvd drive

Here's something you can give a shot at:
Create a Shortcut or Hotkey to Eject the CD/DVD Drive

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/31596-app-gadget-opening-closing-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
Can someone help me find out how I can stop the CD-RW from opening and closing all the time. I did check for virus' and the scan did not find any. I am running a Windows 2000 PRO OS. Im lost here.

Thanks
Mike

A:CD-RW opening and closing and it wont stop

Hi Mike and welcome to TSF.

This might not be the right place to ask this, but that is a strange problem. I know of some trojans that can do this. Does it happen if you are disconnected from the internet?

See if this finds anything:

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/ente...all_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. You may use Panda ActiveScan also at http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Try reinstalling the drivers for that cdrw and also check the cables (unplug and plug them back in).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f149/cd-rw-opening-and-closing-and-it-wont-stop-54174.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I m having this Manager second then 1 closing Task in opening problem as well I checked for beta exe and wincsr src or whatever it was and still no dice heres my hijack log please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Task Manager opening then closing in 1 second Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Task Manager opening then closing in 1 second system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Task Manager opening then closing in 1 second system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS System explorer exe C WINDOWS System USPCQPQATI EXE C Program Files aim aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C Documents and Settings home Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http ok-search com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ok-search com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ok-search com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gamefaqs com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ok-search com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ok-search com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO CCHelper - CF B EE- - D -A E- BB E - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper CCHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Pa amp nicware Pop-Up Stopper - E C-F E- CB-AF F- ADD C FF - C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper pstopper dll O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run pointr quot C WINDOWS point exe quot O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run autorun C Program Files STOPzilla autorun exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CloneCDElbyCDFL quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes CloneCD ElbyCheck exe quot L ElbyCDFL O - HKLM Run SysExplore C WINDOWS System explorer exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run Norton AntiVirus USPCQPQATI EXE O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files aim aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe O - Global Startup check-ip-changed bat O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files KODAK Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup KODAK Software Updater lnk C Program Files KODAK KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe O - Extra button ICQ HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extr... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

while surfing the net i've noticed on occasion a sound effect of an opening/closing door with a sqeaky hinge, what is this?

A:opening/closing door sounds

What mesenger are you using?Like windows messenger,AIM, or yahoo?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/opening-closing-door-sounds-107441.html
Relevancy 52.89%

For the last week I have observed the iexplore exe process appearing and disappearing in Task Manager on closing and constantly iexplore.exe opening a non stop basis When Windows XP first opens the process iexplore exe is visible in task manager however there iexplore.exe constantly opening and closing is no IE window visible on-screen The process iexplore.exe constantly opening and closing does not cause a problem until I try to close it or it iexplore.exe constantly opening and closing randomly receives an error Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem After this point the iexplore exe process will flash in for secs then disappear only to reappear again in secs continuing this loop relentlessly This causes any window I am currently working in to loose focus for those secs as you can imagine this is rather frustrating while typing I have found that opening an IE window will stop this problem of loosing focus however the process still opens and closes in the background IE then inevitably crashes with the Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem again after a random amount of time I have performed full system scans with Norton AV and Ad-Aware however the problem persists Downloader Trojan pops up every now and again in Norton however is removed successfully each time I have no idea how it keeps coming in however I believe my little IE issue may have something to do with it I have also performed a scan with HJT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate smc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE F Programs Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe F Programs Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C program files steam steam exe F Programs GAIM gaim exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe F Programs Mozilla Firefox firefox exe F Programs eclipse-SDK- -win eclipse eclipse exe C WINDOWS system javaw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - F Programs Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - A B - B - D - CDD- D D - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Programs Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run LogonStudio quot F Programs LogonStudio logonstudio exe quot RANDOM O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot F Programs BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runt... Read more

A:iexplore.exe constantly opening and closing

Move hijack this from the E:\ to the C:\ drive so that it makes back ups!
go back into msconfig and recheck all the boxes which are unchecked so I can see what is in there!
* Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here
http://www.ewido.net/en/

* Install ewido.
* During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
* Launch ewido
* It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
* On the left side of the main screen click update
* Click on Start and let it update.
* DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.
*Download Cleanup from Here

http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/download.html

* A window will open and choose SAVE, then DESKTOP as the destination.
* On your Desktop, click on Cleanup40.exe icon.
* Then, click RUN and place a checkmark beside "I Agree"
* Then click NEXT followed by START and OK.
* A window will appear with many choices, keep all the defaults as set when the Slide Bar to the left is set to Standard Quality.
* Click OK
* DO NOT RUN IT YET

* Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know
how.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

* Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You
will need them to refer to in safe mode.
* Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in
safe mode:

have hijack this fix these entries. close all browsers and programmes before
clicking FIX.
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A9575B39-2B92-3D92-4CDD-22D8D4721620} - (no file)
* Run Ewido:

* Click on scanner
* Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
* When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
* Save the report to your desktop
* Run Cleanup:

* Click on the "Cleanup" button and let it run.
* Once its done, close the program.

reboot to normal mode and run a few online scans!

Run an online antivirus check from

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

choose extended database for the scan!
Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it.
Make a note of the file location of anything that cannot be deleted so you
can delete it yourself.
- Save the results from the scan!
post another hijack this log, the ewido and active scan logs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iexplore-exe-constantly-opening-and-closing.433719/
Relevancy 52.89%

Mod Edit Moved to Prooper log Forum boopmeI can't figure out whats wrong with my Possible programs closing and then Malware, opening computer I have Hitman Pro on my computer and I have Avast Anti-Virus Lately I can't open my task manager or Steam and sometimes other programs won't open either or they will crash If I try to open chrome and go to any antivirus website it closes I try to open Steam it closes Its getting really aggravating I ran rougekiller and rkill and other programs and Taskmanager opened but not steam didn't test chrome I restarted my computer and then task manager was back to not opening I'm at my wits end Heres some logs from things I did today FRST-Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Possible Malware, programs opening and then closing Ran by Bwookey administrator on BWOOKEY-HP on - - Running from C Users Bwookey DownloadsLoaded Profiles Bwookey Available Profiles Bwookey Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Possible Malware, programs opening and then closing Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Windows System hpservice exe SurfRight B V C Program Files HitmanPro hmpsched exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe EasyBits Software AS C Windows SysWOW ezSharedSvcHost exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Realsil Microelectronics Inc C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe Roxio C Program Files x Roxio RoxioNow Player RNowSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies AMDUSB DeviceDetector nusb mon exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Spotify Ltd C Users Bwookey AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe CyberLink C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Spotify Ltd C Users Bwookey AppData Roaming Spotify Spotify exe Spotify Ltd... Read more

A:Possible Malware, programs opening and then closing

I didn't realize that my topic had been moved, here and reposted in the other forum but here:
I have malware it seems, I have no idea where it came from or how but its been giving me serious problems for a couple days now. When I try to open task manager, it closes it out, when I try to run updates it keeps it from updating, system restore, NOPE. I have researched pretty much everything, deleted the programs that I was able to find that is behind the malware. I have run rkill, roguekiller, hitman pro, malware bytes, anything I can find or try to get rid of it. They will delete the malware, I will restart my computer and its back. I have no idea what do and I am at my wits end. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579771/possible-malware-programs-opening-and-then-closing/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I open Excel (also Word & Powerpoint), the progam opens and I see a blank spreadsheet (as normal). Then it just closes down as if I had never opened it. This problem just began. I've used these progams almost daily. Other programs open just fine.
Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks,

A:Microsoft Programs Opening & Closing

Common issue with about 3 resolutions.

Go to Technet: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0

Use Office 2000 (I assume) as the product, and "immediately closes" as the keywords.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-programs-opening-closing.124870/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've only been using Windows 8 for a short time. Most things are running well, but this is frustrating. I use Outlook for email. When I open an attachment, the only way I can close it is to go back to the start menu and then back to Outlook. Surely there is an easier way to get back to Outlook.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/26192-opening-closing-attachments-email.html
Relevancy 52.89%

using 2000 office professional and recently excel opens then box appears saying it must close and offers options to let microsoft know about the problem. removed and reinstalled 2000 but that did not help. any clues? thanks for your help.

Relevancy 52.89%

a new tab randomly opened up in Firefox it pointed to my My Documents I pages opening closing random and closed it thinking I accidently opened and pasted the path in the address bar Then about a minute later an IE window opened with a full page ad spam with the guy chilling in patio furniture say he made lots of money and he can show me how too so either i was hacked or a virus or spyware random pages opening and closing is on random pages opening and closing my computer WinXP SP i m not sure I disconnect my network cable and restart and I now get a error saying Automatic Updates is disabled and I tried all ways to turn it back on but it still says it s disabled i ran msconfig and wasn t able to identify two RUNDLL entries syqsyhvp dll and xibvkocy dll Google turns up nothing Avast finds nothing I unchecked them restarted and NEW entries of the same DLL files have been created how do I resolve this hijackthis log is attached nbsp

A:random pages opening and closing

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:07:31 PM, on 7/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE
C:\Program Files\Firefly Media Server\firefly.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsMax2009_32server.exe
C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\NMSAccessU.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Retrospect\Retrospect 7.5\retrorun.exe
C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe
c:\WINDOWS\system32\ZuneBusEnum.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Deskjet 9800 Series\Toolbox\HPWQTBX.exe
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\Firefly Media Server\FireflyShell.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\rapimgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Azureus\Azureus.exe
C:\Program Files\PdaNet for Windows Mobile\PdaNetPC.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Webshots\Webshots.scr
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\Last.fm\LastFM.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-pages-opening-and-closing.734265/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All First post so apologies if this has been covered before I did have a quick search but nothing came up I am the unnoficial I T guy where I work so people tend to come to me with issues when they opening / closing when Odd programs effect first happen A guy who works from home brought his laptop in today as he was having issues printing We have the same printer here so I hooked Odd effect when opening / closing programs it up as he would do and got rid of his problem a print job stuck in the queue he's not too computer literate He has just called me and says that now he is back at home his Odd effect when opening / closing programs printer works fine but when opening or closing programs it goes in what he describes as 'slow motion' He likened it to the same effect as when you switch on the trail for the mouse pointer I haven't done anything which would affect things to my knowledge as i didn t install any updates drivers software etc Has anyone got any ideas Many Thanks in advance James

A:Odd effect when opening / closing programs

Welcome Jim
Possibly a clean boot will help dignose.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Does not sound like a problem caused by anything that you did.
Many times extraneous information helps to confuse rather than help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/161096-odd-effect-when-opening-closing-programs.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi thank you in advance for any help you can give D Ok so noticed recently that dllhost exe has been opening and closing alot I don't think that it doing this is new though I think that it probably always did this I just been noticing it more cause I got second monitor and now I have task manager open all the time on the second screen which is why I now see it when it happens My question is Is it normal for it to open and close all the time it seems to appear in task manager if I open a folder with thumbnails in it or videos in it or every time I open a music file But sometimes it seems opening time. the all closing and dllhost.exe, to open randomly when using steam or even when just playing a game Although if I just leave the pc idle like nothing is running it does seem to open less often I did Hitman Pro TDSSKiller MBAM amp hijackthis scans and everything came back clean I also dllhost.exe, opening and closing all the time. checked the file in process exploer and it said it was Verified Microsoft and the Virustotal mini scan in process explorer also said detection Also the file dictionary is windows system And the file does appear to have a Microsoft digital signature The reason I ask as well is that dllhost never used to open as often as this on my old computer which also had win pro x although the new pc has service pack and the old one didn't could that be why Annway I have a suspicion that this dllhost could be causing micro stutter poor performance in some games on the new pc Just wondering what the likelihood is that dllhost is causing the stutter in some games so I can rule that out in my quest to solve the micro stuffer in one game particularly Thank you for any info you can give

A:dllhost.exe, opening and closing all the time.

Hi there,There is nothing wrong with dllhost.exe opening and closing in the background - it is a legit file used by Windows.Each and every machine is different - just like no two people are exactly the same - so there will be differences between any two machines at work. In this case, I would think that dllhost.exe is not related to your issue.Hope this helps Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575450/dllhostexe-opening-and-closing-all-the-time/
Relevancy 52.89%

Command prompt keep opening then closing every 2miniute or 1miniute and it close very fast like half sec I think it's happen because of ipconfig how to fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630927/command-prompt-keep-opening-then-closing/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have recently purchased an XPS15 and lately have had the problem of the screen staying black after I close the lid and re-open it. Its setting is to got sleep after the lid is closed but the white light indicator on the front doesnt blink like its asleep anymore. I have changed all power setting back to default in an effort to fix the problem but It has not resolved the issue. If I close the lid momentarily then reopen the screen stays black and I have to hold the power button down for 5 second for a hard reboot.
Any ideas?

A:Black screen after closing and opening lid

Hi Danmoxi,

I suggest you to flash BIOS and update the video drivers.
Please click on this link, enter the service tag and click ‘Submit’. In the next page select the ‘Operating System’ from the dropdown lost and then click ‘BIOS’ and download the latest BIOS version.
http://dell.to/QjjZDA
Note: While flashing BIOS connect the Ac adapter and make sure the battery has minimum 15% charge as this needs uninterrupted power supply. Do not use the system till it restarts and comes up to the desktop.
Next go to the same link and click ‘Video’ and download the Video drivers. Restart the system and check. In case you find difficulty in finding the Video drivers, reply with the exact system model (e.g. L521X) and the operating system to provide the appropriate driver links.
Reply with the status to assist you further.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19498672
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I've got a problem with the internet explorer on my Windows laptop Out of nowhere earlier today it started to close immediately opening... after Explorer keeps Internet closing after I had tried to reopen it I'd accidently closed it off Internet Explorer keeps closing after opening... Just before it happened though my internet had tried to load a website I hadn't tried to open in one of my tabs don't know what it was it's not in my internet history anywhere and I've had the problem ever since It's taken Internet Explorer keeps closing after opening... a lot of clicking the stop cross in the top bar just as I open it to get it working Once I close it again I know I've got the same Internet Explorer keeps closing after opening... problem again it's so frustrating Now I've been onto the windows website and have reset internet explorer like it says but it's still not working It's also shrunk the size of the tab bars and the home page and favourites icons for some reason So any help would be great as I really need it on my laptop I'm not very clued up on tech either so you'll have to bear with me a bit on trying to get this fixed

A:Internet Explorer keeps closing after opening...

Open IE. Hold the Control key and type zero (0). If it doesn't work, post back the version of IE you're using and what a virus scan indicated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-keeps-closing-after-opening-862130.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Quick question:
Anyone know any code that can be run to open AND close a specified CD drive. I know that this seems like a really stupid question, but ..... :blink:

It does not necesarily have to be vbscript, if someone knows a command line operation that will do the same thing, or a registry tweak/shortcut that can be created in windows to do it. Basically the same thing as the context menu (right clicking) in windows where it shows "Eject".
Like I said, sounds like a weird question, but I would appreciate some help.

Thank you,
John R
usmc-ratman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vbscript-for-opening-closing-cd.358938/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi guys I'm new here..

I was playing dota 2 and SOMETIMES when I close dota 2 it BSOD and also when I try to open it(but has more chances on BSOD when closing it)

sometimesit doesn't happen. this time DOTA 2 is already opened and I alt tab to swicth to my chromebrowser then it BSOD.

the bsod says "win32k.sys" but "cdd.dll" shows up most of the time.

IDK what's happening.. can you help me guys?

A:BSOD when closing/opening DOTA 2

Hi clavepo031.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Report us back for any further BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323952-bsod-when-closing-opening-dota-2-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running IE on Windows After booting up the computer I can open IE once or twice by closing and opening it again But if I try and close and open the program a third time or sometimes the second time IE opens but won't load a page Furthermore and very strangely once this happens I also can't open Chrome or Firefox - Chrome load also with a blank page and Firefox won't open at all It is as if IE has taken control of Internet access but is frozen nbsp and nbsp the only solution to get a browser working again at that point is to restart the computer Ghis just started happening a couple of days ago Outlook does seem to continue to work - it is just the browsers that are frozen I have already tried nbsp deselecting IE from the Windows list of program that you can get to from the Programs and Features control panel restarting then nbsp reselecting it and restarting again I also tried resetting the IE settings form the Internet Options control panel What I have not yet tried is IE it load page twice. once 11 and or after opening won't closing completely uninstalling and then reinstalling IE I have Norton and it has not found a virus IE 11 won't load page after opening and closing it once or twice. but maybe there is a corrupted file

A:IE 11 won't load page after opening and closing it once or twice.

Hi,
Start>run>msconig>Startup tab, disable any non-ms startup entries. Reboot your computer for the changes to take affect.
msconfig is only available on Pro and Enterprise versions of windows.
You may find answers to similar questions at the Nortons support forums.
Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the
IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.comRob^_^

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35a49d49-9760-482a-b449-249011bde8d1/ie-11-wont-load-page-after-opening-and-closing-it-once-or-twice?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.89%

About a month ago Outlook 03 started closing right after I opened it. I would get the Outlook start screen then the generic Windows error, "Outlook has encountered problem and is forced to close."

I wasn't sure if it was related to Outlook 03 or not but I just upgraded to Outlook 07 and it did not solve the problem.

I can start Outlook in safe mode without any problems. My OS is XP Professional. All other MS Office programs work fine.

With the generic error message I'm not sure where to start looking for solutions. I tried searching and the only results I found were for a corrupted profile, I followed those instructions and it didn't solve the problem.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

A:Outlook 03/07 closing immediately after opening

Here is the error signature...

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f
ModName: outlook.exe ModVer: 12.0.4518.1014 ModStamp:4542840f
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001ba95

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-03-07-closing-immediately-after-opening.847182/
Relevancy 52.89%

My MSWord program is slow, to the point of freezing momentarily, when opening and closing. I use Windows XP as my OS. I know that this problem can sometimes be associated with a corrupt normal.dot file, but cannot find a solution. Although I have looked for that file even with the option of 'show all files' checked, the file is nowhere to be found on my C:drive. What can I do to solve this problem?

A:Word is slow when opening and closing

XP doesn't search hidden files and folders by default, you have to tell it to. In addition, where you tell it to is well buried.

1. Go to Start>Search
2. In the left hand pane, click "Other Search Options"
3. Click "Documents (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)"
4. Towards the bottom on the left hand pane click on "Use advanced search options" (sometimes it says "More advanced options").
5. Still in the left hand pane, (you might have to scroll down) find "Search hidden files and folders" and check that, as well as any other options you want.
6. Click the "Back" button until you're back to where you can actually start the search.
7. Enter the name of the file you want to find, click "Search" and it will now look at everything...and sometimes take what seems like forever to do it.

Be sure to go to View in the Search window and click on Details to enable that view...so it will give you the location of the file. You can delete the file directly from the Search window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-is-slow-when-opening-and-closing.120260/
Relevancy 52.89%

Thank you and Salutations Discovery My friend gave me audio files to make my computer sound more appealing than the typical audio However when I attached audio to Opening Programs and opening closing program Unknown and Closing Programs then the computer has began to play them both in quick succession roughly around every ten seconds Even when there is no applications running In Windows Task Manager no process seems to appear Jist I m concerned if it might be a worm Unknown program opening and closing or Unknown program opening and closing trojan is steadily downloading unwanted content into my computer by this these programs constantly closing and opening Thank you for your time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run OrderReminder C Pr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-program-opening-and-closing.828859/
Relevancy 52.89%

Thanks guys for your cooperation in advance, for it's highly appreciated.
To start things off let me give you guys some specifications of my laptop:

Manufacturer- Hewlett Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 Ghz: 2.00
Ram: 2.00 GB
32 bit operating system

Vista home Premium

Now the problem:

Everytime I open a game the game freezes for about 10-30 seconds, and then begins to load.. This also happens when closing takes about ten to thirty seconds, and then finally closes...
This happens with every single game I had.. This didn't happen in the beginning but started about three to four months ago.. I searched for other threads in different forums, but I couldn't find anything similar to my problem...

Please, don't hesitate to reply

Yours Truly,
Andrew

A:Freezing when opening and closing games

Hello Andrew.

Are these high performance games or smaller ones? You don't have a ton of RAM, and your CPU is not extremely powerful. Does this happen with movies? Anything else?

You could also try a defrag and registry defrag.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/218781-freezing-when-opening-closing-games.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When I click on some desktop icons it will open and then close.. sometimes I can right click and click open and it works and sometimes I have to go to my RoboForm and start it from there..

I am on a Dell inspiration desk top running win 7 sp1 64 bit...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

A:desktop icons closing after opening

Icons don't open and close. Perhaps you mean that the program associated with the icon shortcut opens and then closes.
Select one Icon and its associated program that opens then closes.
1. Right click the icon and select target.
2. Paste the full path of the address that is in the Target box here. I'm trying to determine if your icons are corrupt. In other words, a new shortcut has to be made from the Program in the All Programs list.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129150-desktop-icons-closing-after-opening.html
Relevancy 52.89%

As long as the jumpers are anywhere but quot Cable Select quot the drawer does its dance I set the jumpers as Master I connect the cable to the IDE slot and to the unit as a itself keeps and by drawer cdrom opening closing master but the system sees it as a slave AND I still can t get Win to detect the damn thing If I let Win cdrom drawer keeps opening and closing by itself detect it on its own it freezes up If I do it myself everything goes through no problem I reboot and it s still not there at quot My Computer quot In the Peripherals Manager it appears I have some sort of conflict the yellow mark with the primary IDE controller simple fifo whatever the hell that is as well as with hard drive controller IDE ESDI standard I m annoyed unto death now cuz I ve been at this thing since nine this morning and things are just not getting done I posted a thread regarding this this morning but I was left high and dry with my last question Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

This is what i'm taking about YouTube - Windows 7 Aero Lag YouTube - Windows 7 RC1 RTM Aero Lag .If yes I will install the beta right away

A:Does Sp1 fix window closing/opening lag/issue?

You need to install the RTM version rather than continuing to use the RC version... Im not even sure that the up coming SP will install on your version...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/85756-does-sp1-fix-window-closing-opening-lag-issue.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I have recently been having some CMD issues the passed two weeks or so. I don't recall the specific date that this started happening. I've read some of the other threads here that have similar problems, but I didn't want to take it upon myself to do more than just run maleware bytes and ccleaner. I happened to click on it once when it opened and the CMD was blank and just said something about SCHTask.exe at top bar. I would greatly appreciate any assist thanks in advanced.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cmd-randomly-opening-up-and-closing-2-3-times-a-day.62272/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I m new here I have a problem like a fellow poster http forums techguy org malware-removal-hijackthis-logs -blue-screen-death-likely-cause html The same screen pops up when I shut my laptop and open it up again I would love to know how to get rid of this Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v opening closing and after Blue laptop Screen BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba Blue Screen after opening and closing laptop ca welcome R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Presented by TOSHIBA Leading Innovation gt gt gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run HWSetup quot C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities HWSetup exe quot hwSetUP O - HKLM Run SVPWUTIL quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities SVPWUTIL exe quot SVPwUTIL O - HKLM Run KeNotify quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ToshibaServiceStation quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe quot hide O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe quot O - HKLM Run cfFncEnabler exe quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree cfFncEnabler exe quot O - HKLM Run TWebCamera quot ProgramFiles x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run EEventManager C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe O - HKLM Run LTCM Client quot C Program Files x LTCM Client ltcmClient exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKLM Run AVG TRA... Read more

A:Blue Screen after opening and closing laptop

*Added HJT Log*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-after-opening-and-closing-laptop.893734/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an error message, it just closes as if I pressed the close button. However, when I ask Cortana to open up some sort of search, then the window works and stays open. Does anyone seem to know what the problem is? Thank you in advance.

A:Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Having the exact same problem here..

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/10331-microsoft-edge-keeps-closing-after-few-seconds-opening.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Re: Adobe Livecycle Closing/Acrobat Opening

I am running Adobe Acrobat Professional v8.2.5 under Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. Whenever I try to load Adobe Livecycle, it will open briefly before closing and Adobe Acrobat will open in it's place. I can open Livecycle through Acrobat.

I am speaking in regards to opening Livecycle without going through Acrobat. Anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-livecycle-closing-acrobat-opening.975703/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I am running win xp. Every ten minutes or so, a program opens then immediately closes. I know this because it opens a window that closes immediately that flashes for a second, and puts all other windows in the background, including any games I'm playing. It is very annoying to get tabbed out of games every 10 minutes...

Is there any tool I can download to make a list of the past 10 windows to open or close so that I can find out what is opening and closing and stop it somehow???

A:Some program opening and closing really fast every 10 minutes?

Leave the Task Manager (Running Processes tab) open. When that window decides to open again, try noting which new process starts running at that time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-program-opening-and-closing-really-fast-every-10-minutes.944712/
Relevancy 52.03%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Users Udayan Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g jp msn com HPALL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http indiasearcher in hackthis so regedit and and closing opening immediately is r asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www symantec com enterprise security response index jsp inid biz SR sep V MR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Web Assistant Helper - D C - A - a-B D - C C - C Program Files regedit opening and closing immediately and so is hackthis Web Assistant Extension dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Seearcuhy-NewTab - F F E-D -F - DB- C B D - C ProgramData Seearcuhy-NewTab dc db dll O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC regedit opening and closing immediately and so is hackthis DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program regedit opening and closing immediately and so is hackthis Files x Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO TSBHO Class - E-EC C- C -A C-E C B B B - C Program Files x HP SimplePass IEBHO dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Network Check Helper - E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe quot O - HKLM Run HPConnectionManager C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Connection Manager HPCMDelayStart exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run InstaLAN quot C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup O - HKLM Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe O - HKLM Run HPOSD C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe O - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:regedit opening and closing immediately and so is hackthis

please help as soon as possible

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regedit-opening-and-closing-immediately-and-so-is-hackthis.1097414/
Relevancy 52.03%

Thank you and Salutations Discovery My friend gave me audio files to make my computer sound more appealing than the typical audio However when I attached audio to Opening Programs and Closing Programs then the computer has began closing, and programs malware Invisible must opening be to play them both in quick succession roughly around every ten seconds Even when there is no applications running Jist I'm concerned if malware is steadily downloading unwanted content into my computer by this these programs constantly closing and opening DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by TIM at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning Invisible programs opening and closing, must be malware enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k Invisible programs opening and closing, must be malware WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Invisible programs opening and closing, must be malware WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Documents and Settings TIM Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun DAEMON Tools Lite quot c program files daemon tools lite daemon exe quot -autorun uRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp HIDEBL uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot mRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant VPTray exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun StatusClient c program files hewlett-packard toolbox statusclient StatusClient exe auto mRun TomcatStartup c program files hewlett-packard toolbox hpbpsttp exe mRun HP Software Update quot c program files hewlett-packard hp software update HPWuSchd exe quot mRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXE mRun CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE mRun OrderReminder c program files hew... Read more

A:Invisible programs opening and closing, must be malware

Nevermind, found out how to bypass it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/invisible-programs-opening-and-closing-must-be-malware-376977.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently my Movie Maker for Windows 7 has not been working. When I start it up, it immediately says "Movie Maker has stopped working". The weird thing was, a couple of days ago it worked fine. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone I usually don't post on these forums but I'm stuck with an irritating problem that I just can't figure out I'm running Windows XP SP with the most recent updates My system consists of Intel Core Extreme GHZ Processor Nvidia GTX with the latest drivers gigabytes of RAM it reads about or so SB FX Fatal ty Championship Series with most recent drivers My virus scanner program is VIPRE registered version I'm also running some of uniblues enhancement programs such as registry booster and Repeated Command Prompt Opening Closing and PC optimizer THE ISSUE Just recently upon startup there is a command prompt that opens Repeated Command Prompt Opening and Closing up and closes really quickly and it is proceeding to do that as I'm typing I managed to take a screenshot of it as it flashed by The path is C Windows Installer MSI tmp Now this is extremely irritating since I can't do anything on my PC with this command prompt that keeps popping up and closing immediately now I've used windows system recovery to roll back to some earlier date and this solved the problem for about a day However it just resurfaced again for the rd time I'm not Repeated Command Prompt Opening and Closing sure exactly what to do whether it be a virus or a bug with Windows Update because this happened after I got updates for SQL Server SP I can't uninstall it either I've tried running virus scans came back negative If anyone can shed some light on Repeated Command Prompt Opening and Closing this I'd appreciate it Thanks in advance

A:Repeated Command Prompt Opening and Closing

http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRHDDA...I2578.TMP.html

Please read the following and post in the Spyware section:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/repeated-command-prompt-opening-and-closing-376882.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The uninstallment of my programs and other happenings may have happened before i followed the tutorial. But i'm worried that the malware is still persisting because of the cmd suddenly closing and opening about 1-3 times a day, and that it might still be affecting my files.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cmd-opening-closing-after-removal-of-youndoo-virus.61852/
Relevancy 52.03%

I run Windows 98SE and Office 2000. Suddenly this week... when I open Word I get the message: Word cannot open the existing "&#9633;

I click OK and Word opens. Then all is OK until I close Word, when I get the message The Normal file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file.

Then I get messages about changing the global template.

I've seen these messages before sometime in the past so reckon some kind person reading can help resolve this without my giving more detail. Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

I've had this problem opening closing sound reoccurring for a few weeks I thought I was getting rid of it the first few times with Malwarebytes and Spybot After running a scan with those of opening/closing sound Constant programs clearing out the problems and restarting the sound stopped for awhile But this last time it has come back with a vengeance and nothing new is being found with my regular scans I can have stretches of time without any noises but it can quickly change to any time I click with my mouse seems to start a new opening closing sound from the computer It's made it near impossible to listen to any music or watch videos since the slightest twitch of the mouse can set it off Previously the problem seemed to be more random not necessarily linked with the mouse moving or clicking I primarily use Mozilla with AdBlockPlus and NoScript as well as occasional use of Chrome My best guess is that this might have come from a streaming site that I use to watch soccer Constant sound of opening/closing programs games From running ProcessExplorer I've determined that the sound is coming from svchost exe dcomlauncher Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I've exhausted all of my feeble knowledge with the internet and my computer to try and fix this

A:Constant sound of opening/closing programs

Hi,

Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
 rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
Do not reboot until instructed.
If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Once the tool has finished, there should be a text file named Rkill.txt on your desktop. Please copy and paste the contents into your next reply.

xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525343/constant-sound-of-openingclosing-programs/
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently i have installed DesktopX And Then Closing And Using Repeating. Explorer.exe High Cpu Re-opening on my PC and seemed to work fine for about a week it is the most recent program to of been installed to my knowledge When i start-up and login all goes fine all programs load and the computer is fine Explorer.exe Using High Cpu Then Closing And Re-opening And Repeating. but as soon as i click the start bar if the start bar isn't flashing already or open anything that requires explorer exe it seems to wizz up to usage then gradually decrease untill the explorer exe process seems to dissapear after around seconds explorer re-opens and does the same process over and over again even if the computer is left alone for hours Any ideas thanx in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeD Program Files DesktopX DesktopX exeD Program Files Widgets YahooWidgets exeD PROGRA DesktopX dxwidget exeD PROGRA DesktopX dxwidget exeD PROGRA DesktopX dxwidget exeD PROGRA DesktopX dxwidget exeD PROGRA DesktopX dxwidget exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINDOWS system cisvc exec apps Powercinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exec APPS Powercinema Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exec APPS Powercinema Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exeC WINDOWS system E S RP EXEC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeD Program Files Nvidia nTune nTuneService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system SAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exec apps Powercinema Kernel TV CLSched exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeD Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo common Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - FAA E -D - A -AB -A C E D - no file O - Toolbar no name - F ABCDB-A - c - -B A E - no file O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run BT Modem Lock quot c program files bt yahoo internet Watchdog exe quot -rkO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ccApp qu... Read more

A:Explorer.exe Using High Cpu Then Closing And Re-opening And Repeating.

Hi rabbit893,I'm sorry we couldn't help you sooner but as you can see the forums are extremely busy and our volunteer helpers are at full capacity. I'm subscribed to this topic now and will help you with any malware issues you may have.Since it has been a while since you posted last and changes may have been made to your system please run HijackThis and post a new log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144470/explorerexe-using-high-cpu-then-closing-and-re-opening-and-repeating/
Relevancy 52.03%

I can never really pinpoint what's causing my BSODs. Just hoping somebody here can help!

A:Infrequent BSODs, usually while opening or closing programs

Bump - any takers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361475-infrequent-bsods-usually-while-opening-closing-programs.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. My mums cd/cd-wr drive is going mad. It keep opening and closing continuesly. I have tried rebooting and shuting down but no luck. When the drive closes autoplay starts. The pc is slow and with autoplay flashing up its near to impossible to do anything. The first thing I want to do is disable autoplay and then we can fix the problem hopefully. So:

How do I disable autoplay?
How do I stop the drive from opening and closing continuesly?

A:Cd drive opening and closing - it wont stop

i would first try to remove the cd-rw from the device manager, start>control panel>system and reboot for windows to reload the driver for this hardware. if it is still the same it is most likely your hardware has internal problem/s.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-opening-and-closing-it-wont-stop.306704/
Relevancy 52.03%

help...

my hard drive on my compaq keeps opening and closing by itself.
can anyone tell why this is happening and what to do to correct the problem

thanks

A:hard drive opening and closing issues...

SALAAM said:

help...

my hard drive on my compaq keeps opening and closing by itself.
can anyone tell why this is happening and what to do to correct the problem

thanksClick to expand...

What do you mean the hard drive keeps opening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-opening-and-closing-issues.407673/
Relevancy 52.03%

I appear to have a virus the causes regedit to close quickly after opening it I found a thread aboiut it and tried to follow the steps I was hoping some could analyze the log I got from HijackThis Thanks R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINNT System blank htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B Regedit quickly closing [Resolved] after opening D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus [Resolved] Regedit closing quickly after opening NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real [Resolved] Regedit closing quickly after opening Update OB evntsvc exe -osboot O - HKLM Run Smapp Smtray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask [Resolved] Regedit closing quickly after opening exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exe O - HKLM Run Winsock driver AVAPSVC EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF Yahoo Pool - http download games yahoo com games clients y potb x cab O - DPF - E - D - - ED Support com Configuration Class - http www support fastaccess com sdccommon download tgctlcm cab O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF E E - E - D - D A- D E iNotes Class - https ln corp krispycorp com iNotes cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yinst cab O - DPF A E- B - D -B A- Corechange Profile Control - https kkportal krispycorp com coreportsecure controls windowssso cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net le com samantha us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE - http dde b bd netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF C C - D - D - D - FE OPUCatalog Class - http office microsoft com productupdates content opuc cab O - DPF DEAF -AF - D -BEC - AA B AE Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF B E -BAE - D -A B - B PWMediaSendControl Class - http code PWActiveXImgCtl CAB O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF BFCA F- A - D -B C- A C FF ButtonControl Button - file C moc ieak a webfiles Cab NButton CAB O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF DF A F - B E- D - D- C F FE Microsoft Office Tools on the Web Control - http officeupdate microsoft com TemplateGallery downloads outc cab nbsp

A:[Resolved] Regedit closing quickly after opening

It appears to be this startup for which there are no web hits, and there should be nothing labeled 'winsock2 driver' in any Windows startups:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Winsock2 driver] AVAPSVC32.EXE

You may to have to restart in Safe Mode and have HijackThis delete the registry entry, and then to manually delete the file. To start in Safe Mode press the f8 key for the boot menu on startup.

Then do a File Search for AVAPSVC32.EXE and delete it.

If problems persist, post a new copy of the ScanLog using the new version of HijackThis, available here:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

It will show running tasks as well.

It appears to be a file name variant of this worm:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32spybotb.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-regedit-closing-quickly-after-opening.142770/
Relevancy 52.03%

Of late I have noticed a window on the taskbar (with no label) opening and closing in about 2 seconds. Malwarebytes does not detect any malicious programs running, nor does ESET detect anything out of order. Any clue what this might be or if I can run some sort of recorder to identify what it is?

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

What would cause Word 2000 to take a long time to open and close. We're talking approximately 30 seconds to do something that should take only a few seconds. Because it's taking so long to open I'm also having problems with the Write Letters feature in Quickbooks. Any suggestions? Please help!

Relevancy 52.03%

I ran hijackthis and this is what came up Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Solved: then Closing opening Task Manager exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesbs exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMEEJME EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESBS EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA DualPointUtility TEDTray exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C toshiba sysstability tsyssmon exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system REAIPLAY EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S Solved: Task Manager opening then Closing I D EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Solved: Task Manager opening then Closing America Online aol exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Solved: Task Manager opening then Closing Online aolwbspd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Daniel Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www netscape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - - F D- C- E - A C E C - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TMESRV EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESRV EXE Logon O - HKLM Run TMERzCtl EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXE Service O - HKLM Run TMEEJME EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMEEJME EXE O - HKLM Run TMESBS EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESBS EXE Client O - HKLM Run DpUtil C Program Files TOSHIBA DualPointUtility TEDTray exe O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TosHKCW ex... Read more