Windows Support Forum

Pseudo virus installed in SONY music - removal problem

Q: Pseudo virus installed in SONY music - removal problem

Go to this link for an article of major concern:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4400148.stm

{redoak}

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Pseudo virus installed in SONY music - removal problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Pseudo virus installed in SONY music - removal problem

Go to this link for latest info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4413856.stm

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pseudo-virus-installed-in-sony-music-removal-problem.413476/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm the average rather ignorant audio I videos anti-virus no and (music after re-installed only) computer user so forgive me for not knowing some terms I just re-installed my antivirus McAfee i but the audio no audio (music and videos only) after I re-installed anti-virus is gone either mp video files or youtube videos but the videos work and only that The computer still beeps when alerts come up for example I no audio (music and videos only) after I re-installed anti-virus have K-Lite Codec Pack that was installed by a technician I went to once just in case that's important I tried and failed playing files on both VLC and no audio (music and videos only) after I re-installed anti-virus Windows Media Player and on WMP there's an error message saying quot Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is be a problem with your sound device There might not be a sound device installed on your computer it might be in use by another program or it might not be functioning properly quot I tried accessing the volume icon at the blue bar on the bottom of the screen but I get a message saying quot There are no active mixer devices available To install mixer devices go to Control Panel click Printers and other Hardware and then click Add Hardware quot I have never had a problem with this before What happened I've just started checking around and opening files and programs I use the most but so far everything seems to be fine Other security programs I have are Comodo Firewall Spyware Doctor and Malwarebytes and Threatfire which I was going to remove

A:no audio (music and videos only) after I re-installed anti-virus

What company built your computer? You might want to search on your manufacturer's web site for audio drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-music-and-videos-only-after-i-re-installed-anti-virus-521936.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
My uncle gave his Sony Vaio laptop to me to try and remove the viruses.
What I found was shocking.
The Vaio probably had hundreds of viruses.
For example most of the time when I click on any link on any search engine I get redirected to a random page called pub.findology or something like that.

I will post the HijackThis log soon.

Thanks
MohammadK

A:[SOLVED] Sony Vaio virus removal help

Hi,

Please do the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.
NEXT

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
Click the Scan button to start the scan
On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-sony-vaio-virus-removal-help-584103.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Over the past month and a half multiple fake security anti-virus have appeared on my computer I believe the first two were Win Antispyware Windows Defender and --currently-- Smart Protection I ran a Malwarebyes scan full about two weeks ago and here were the results Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows x NTFS Internet Explorer Kira ATHENA administrator PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Recurring virus pseudo-security suite Windows CurrentVersion Run dplaysvr Trojan Clicker - gt Data C Users Recurring pseudo-security suite virus Kira AppData Local dplaysvr exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Recurring pseudo-security suite virus more g Trojan Clicker - gt Data C ProgramData more g exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run fcmode Trojan Clicker - gt Data C Users Kira AppData Roaming fcmode exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run D-C CD- F F- -CFDE ED A Trojan Agent - gt Data C Users Kira AppData Roaming Adyltil ewolexy exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run C - C -B - - DEA BC Trojan VUPX ON - gt Data C Users Kira AppData Roaming Itduab ufuwi exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run BBC exe Trojan Dropper PE - gt Data C Users Kira AppData Roaming Microsoft BBC exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run nah Shell Trojan Hanam - gt Data C Users Kira nah ciwp exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run winupd Trojan Agent - gt Data C Users Kira AppData Local Temp winupd exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell Hijack Shell Gen - gt Recurring pseudo-security suite virus Data explorer exe C Users Kira AppData Roaming BA F F exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run F exe Backdoor CycBot Gen - gt Data C Users Kira AppData Roaming Microsoft D F exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Detected HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows Load Trojan VUPX Gen - gt Bad C Users Kira LOCALS Temp mskigaa bat Good - gt Delete on reboot Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C Users Kira AppData Local dplaysvr exe Trojan Clicker - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C ProgramData more g exe Trojan Clicker - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira AppData Roaming fcmode exe Trojan Clicker - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira AppData Roaming Adyltil ewolexy exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira AppData Roaming Itduab ufuwi exe Trojan VUPX ON - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira AppData Roaming Microsoft BBC exe Trojan Dropper PE - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira Local Settings Temp mskigaa bat Trojan VUPX Gen - gt Delete on reboot C Users Kira AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE JHVBV ds exe Trojan CryptMar Gen - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE JHVBV z exe Trojan VUPX ON - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Kira AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE ICZ V ad exe Trojan Dropper Hosts ... Read more

A:Recurring pseudo-security suite virus

Hello and welcome Kira237That last item is Rkil; a tool created here at BC.Reboot into Safe Mode with NetworkingHow to start Windows 7 in Safe ModeIF asked to reboot along the way WAIT till all scans are done.Run RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. [color=green]In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computerNext re run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Update and post that log also,.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441905/recurring-pseudo-security-suite-virus/
Relevancy 52.03%

I bet no one has asked this. Does anyone know what that music is that plays during the Windows XP setup after the recovery. Not sure if it's different for different computer brands. Mine is a Sony.

A:Sony Windows Recovery music

nvm found it...C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\title.wma
Wish I knew who did it. I love this kind of music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-windows-recovery-music.536941/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have already visited another thread that directed me to a few sites for helping me d l some files for recognizing USB flash drives The Sony PSP a new portable system made by Sony which uses Memory Stick Pro Duos for storage game saves and such but can also be used for loading movies MPEG and MP having Windows a for Need SE PSP Music some TX recognize 98 Sony help ATRAC music files I rip my own both fmts tyvm to be played on the PSP on the go but I am having Need some help having Windows 98 SE recognize a Sony PSP for Music TX problems to have W SE recognize the PSP as a flash storage drive BTW Sony s plethora of Websites aren t helping Not one single Sony site Sony com SonyStyle com PlayStation com PSP is a Playstation Prod or even MemoryStick com site is helping just resulting in downloads for its Memory Stick reader or even the fanfare of the PSP coming to North America I am living on a limited budget and I got the PSP for an early B-day gift and since of the limited budget I cannot afford XP Hence my PC is a hand-me-down that is running SE When I entered in quot USB Connection quot mode on the PSP Settings gt USB Connection on the home menu on the PSP and W recognized it as a quot PSP Type A quot I installed the correct drivers that I found I know my way around a hardware setup menu and rebooted I cannot see a correct drive assignment for the PSP s memory stick really none at all in My Computer even after some tweaking I need help and any will be appreciated Thanks CasperG ------ quot Windows User by Choice Mac User By Heart quot nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

hey, how do I get my sony z1 to play music on my bluetooth headset?
its all synced and works great when im making calls but when I put on music it just comes out of the speakers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-listen-to-music-via-bluetooth-on-a-sony-z1.1109132/
Relevancy 51.17%

Afternoon folks Basically I ve got myself a fresh new Vivaz handset Ericsson issues Music Vivaz: Sony player a lovely piece of kit but one issue when I m using the music player to listen to music on the phone Sony Ericsson Vivaz: Music player issues it tends to jump quite often a similar effect would be to bump a CD player while it is Sony Ericsson Vivaz: Music player issues playing the songs stops for a split second then resumes from where it got cut off The thing is its not a handset issue because the exact same problem occurred on the Satio handset I was testing a few weeks ago I figured the vivaz would be more stable since its a newer model and this is true to an extent but the music player issue is still there I ve found NO mention whatsoever of this problem around the internet but I find it strange how two different handset models from two completely different network providers contains the exact same issue If anyone has any idea what the problem could be then I appreciate the help Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-ericsson-vivaz-music-player-issues.915358/
Relevancy 51.17%

I used to be able to listen to music through a pair of Sony bluetooth headphones on my Wins 7 laptop. However, I am no unable to do so. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers with no success, removed and added the device. I followed a number of the steps in this thread : Bluetooth headset pairs but won't connect, not avail as playback devic , specifically the post from 11th Dec 2014 . Computer has been restarted multiple times.

I've attached an image of what I see. I can connect the headphones to the laptop, but can't listen to music. I also cannot set the headphones to default playback.

Atm, I'm listening through an aux cable, but any additional trouble shooting steps would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401049-cant-listen-music-sony-mdr-zx770-bluetooth-headphone.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys- My music player on my Sony eEicsson p990i is not displaying 'artist' nor 'album' info when playing a song, although that info is available and visible in i-tunes or windows mediaplayer libraries. This is the case whether I transfer music directly using 'File Transfer' in sony ericsson Pc Suite or using Disc2phone software. When using Disc2phone software, all the info is visible in the Transfer List yet only the 'track' name (and file size)is registered on the phone Music Player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-ericsson-p990i-music-player-not-displaying-track-info.613447/
Relevancy 49.88%

so i was having flash player problems on my google chrome and i dunno y i installed this
http://dlv.update.sony.net/pub/vaio/download/EP0000166578/EP0000166578.exe
on my hp computer.. now i have a bluetooth message saying problem with shortcut.exe... "the item "onplay.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or removed, so this shortcut, will no longer work properly. do u want to delete this shortcut?
when i do yes.. the messages comes back up.. when i do no i still come back up.. so how do i remove the driver i installed.. ty

A:i installed a sony driver? on hp?

hello

go into device manager, click the + sign next to the device in question.... right click on the device, and choose either rollback or uninstall...reboot should install the proper driver!

good luck

start>type device manager choose it from the menu....click ok at any prompts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-installed-a-sony-driver-on-hp.969874/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello...
I had a CD-RW(Samsung) installed on my pc and recently i installed a Sony DVD-RW..since then my pc recognizes only the DVD drive, regardless of how much i clean or fiddle with them wires...Im not so experienced, so master and slave settings are not familiar to me...Can some 1 help me by tellin me why it aint geettin detected, n what to do now?
P.S. It does not detect even when i run detect new hardware or add new hardware....

A:Help...My CD-RW does not detect after i installed a new Sony DVD-RW

Who makes the PC or are you using a clone?
Do this make the DVD-RW the slave and make the CD-RW the master. Don't bother to use cable select (CS). Does the BIOS see both drives. That's important. Forget about Windows XP, if the system doesn't see these drives then you got a problem. Make sure both drives are on the same channel.

0 - master hdd1 or (cs)
0 - slave hdd2 or (cs)
1 - master cd-rw
1 - slave dvd-rw

If you still can't get it to work then don't use CS for any HDD and try that. If it still doesn't work then just try the CD-RW without the Sony if that works then diable the Samsung and then try to see if the SONY works without it. If it does then something not right with the samsung hardware and might not be able to work with the SONY. It can happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-cd-rw-does-not-detect-after-i-installed-a-new-sony-dvd-rw.76835/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have sony vaio e series sve14112en laptop running windows 7 home basic 64 bit. Due to slower performance I formated my laptop and re partitioned but my laptop doesn't show bluetooth. I downloaded the intel wireless adapter. Athroes wireless adaptor. Intel blueetoth driver and athroes bluetooth driver from sony vaio webpage. And installed. Wifi is always in turning on mode but bluetooth is not installed how can I fix it. Befor bluetooth and wifi both used to apear in a small tray at the bottom of right side in laptop screen. But wifi is always on there is no option to off and bluetooth is not available. Please help

A:bluetooth is not installed in my sony vaio

Hi welcome to the forum

do you have any yellow or red marks next to anything in device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/367980-bluetooth-not-installed-my-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I had a virus, the "Virus Response Lab 2009" virus or soemthing like that. I got rid of it using microsoft live scan. After I got rid of it my internet wasnt working correctly. Internet explorer says "Page cannot be displayed" and i cannot connect to Aim or MSN messenger. I can however connect to STEAM the online game thing. And also the other computers in my network are fine. So i know there is not a problem with my internet connection. I think the virus messed up some files or maybe drivers or something. Can someone please help me. Thank you

Relevancy 49.02%

hey,
i installed nod32 antivirus and scanned and cleaned torjan frommy computer and now when i go to my computer. i can not open the hard drives because it always give list to choose programme to open the drive. but when i brows from windows explorer.exe. it opens the drive but i cant select expolorer to be default programme. can you help me how to resolve the problem?

thanks

A:Virus removal causes problem

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-removal-causes-problem.681569/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I am running XP Prof-SP I have a virus trojan which disguises itself as quot iexplorer exe quot it has taken me a good while to find this as none of the virus malware programs I downloaded recognized it The Windows Task managershows me that I m running and sometimes processes called iexplorer exe which hog the CPU usage I have read many suggestions on how to be rid of these but the only ones that made sense involved making sure that the speed of the quot real quot filecould be identified since removal Virus problem the quot false quot one was outrageously fast I have download a prog called Killbox which offers the chance of getting rid Virus removal problem of the file My problem is that the Task Manager isthe only place where I can see the real and fake running along-side each other and the Virus removal problem delete option there causes problems with my deaktop Can anyone suggest a place where I might see the progs as they run in order to delete difficult to explain clearly I hope I have posted in the right place and I thank in advance anyone who might assist me Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373371/virus-removal-problem/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi to all,

My pc was infected by the winspyprotect malware. i was able to remove the malware but now my pc has strange prob.

The Task manger is disabled. no control pannel.. and C-drive is gone from My computer. and destop back ground is like a internet explorer page etc. can i restore the things or i have to reinstall the windows. Dont want to reintall it coz alot of my daily use setting. drivers and com port setting .. different mobile phone drivers etc.. I work in mobile phone s.w. shop.

Thanks for the help in advance.

br

A:Problem After Virus Removal

Try running the RRT (Remove Restrictions Tool).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155068/problem-after-virus-removal/
Relevancy 49.02%

First My system is a Systemax GH Athlon running Windows ME I ordered a new Creative X CD-RW drive It seemed to auto install and burns CD s The problem is that now Windows not will CD's read CD-ROM Installed digitaly music CD-RW. Now media player says that nether the CD-ROM or new CD-RW drive can read music CD s digitally Normally this might not be a problem But besides the Installed CD-RW. Now CD-ROM will not read music CD's digitaly fact that I now can t use the EQ on the Media player the quot NCT Media Converter V quot now will not covert CD files to for instance quot MP quot Installed CD-RW. Now CD-ROM will not read music CD's digitaly files for hard disk storage The CD will not auto start either There is also problems with recognizing CD music files for CD burn to Installed CD-RW. Now CD-ROM will not read music CD's digitaly the CD-RW drive I ve tried to re-select read music CD digitally in the CD-ROM quot System Preferences quot It just switches back Also tried to shut it off in the CD-RW drive No luck IDE setup is Hard drive IDE channel Master CD-ROM IDE channel Master CD-RW IDE channel Slave Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

This is becoming stupid.

I have installed a Plantonics IP phone and then installed Media Player 10 - in that order.

But now I get no sound from the Media Player through the speakers, it all comes through the headset. However, I do get the PC noises (error signals, prompts) through the speakers.

I have been through Control Panel > Sound and Audio but I cannot even see Media Player there, rather just the option of the headset or Ali Audio Wave (whatever that is)

I have also looked through the options of the headset but to no avail.

What am I missing?

Many thanks.

A:Solved: Installed IP phone, and now music only comes through that

Solved (unbelievably, by me!)

There is a button in Sounds and Audio that is relevant to speakers. A drop down box directs the audio to your speakers.

That simple. Oh well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-ip-phone-and-now-music-only-comes-through-that.343986/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I got extremely tired of Vista's slowness after a whole year of using my Vaio VGN-FZ M and decided to install a custom stripped out release of XP to enjoy my supposedly fast laptop to it's max My first surprise came in the form that all the drivers from Sony's site were for Vista only I had to scrape deep after a frustrating call to my local tech support who knew nothing to find suitable drivers from a number of places I'm still missing a few pieces I'm fairly sure my card readers dont work and stuff Had to use cracked infs to get my video card to show some performance My current main problems are as follows For some reason after being idle for a long time the LCD goes off and when I wiggle the Sony chaos a Vaio, XP ensued. Installed to mouse it wont come back on To be precise the backlight doesnt light up because if I flash a flashlight to it I notice the pixels are working just not backlit I tried a registry fix I found somewhere and I thought I had it cracked but when I returned home today I found the problem was still present Secondly for some reason my uTorrent client says it's port is blocked I have another XP computer in the same network connected also via WLAN and I mapped the ports for that one no problem However with the laptop its like Windows Firewall was blocking the darned program but the firewall isnt even included in this bundled XP Any ideas on these two I'm sure I'll Installed XP to a Sony Vaio, chaos ensued. come up with more problems as I try to shape XP to work on a Vista designed lappy

A:Installed XP to a Sony Vaio, chaos ensued.

Since you used a "custom stripped out release of XP" ... That is, pirated, we cannot assist you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-xp-to-a-sony-vaio-chaos-ensued-364741.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i Drives Sony installed N00bie Optical 2 installed Sony DVD - X Optical storage drives The model is OEM DWq a I got them all configured nice and what not as slave and master Then I put in Napoleon Dynamite and the opening Federal warning Frames show for however many seconds Then When I got to the Menu screen al I had was the background of the movie minus all the menus to click on It was playing Its just that I could not see what to select and the cursor was transforming to quot select hand quot so it would work if you knew where to click on I rebooted numberous time And changed up the DVD into the other drives I then put in Red Dwarf and suddenly it worked So I looked into the windows help And apparently this has something to do with layers That only one program can play these layers at one time Right now I can do the same with red dwarf Only I am stuck on that slect menu in the DVD with the audio and no picture nbsp

A:N00bie installed 2 Sony Optical Drives

bluem3hatch said:

i installed 2 Sony DVD+/- 16X Optical storage drives

The model is OEM DWq28a
I got them all configured nice and what not as slave and master

Then I put in Napoleon Dynamite, and the opening Federal warning Frames show for however many seconds. Then When I got to the Menu screen al I had was the background of the movie, minus all the menus to click on. It was playing. Its just that I could not see what to select. and the cursor was transforming to "select hand" so it would work if you knew where to click on.
I rebooted numberous time. And changed up the DVD into the other drives. I then put in Red Dwarf and suddenly it worked. So I looked into the windows help. And apparently this has something to do with layers. That only one program can play these layers at one time???

Right now I can do the same with red dwarf. Only I am stuck on that slect menu in the DVD with the audio, and no picture.Click to expand...

2 of these IDE drives. I put them in, and they do all the nice things good and well except for play movies. In both Windows Media Player, and InterVidero WinDVD. It does the exact same thing. If I open it with either one. The movie will play the first few frames of opening. but as soon As I get to the menus of the DVD, it goes all black. Right now Im running red dwarf "listening to the audio" with a black screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/n00bie-installed-2-sony-optical-drives.402405/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys so I boot! on W7 laptop, but Installed Sony Vaio not does bought a used VGN-NR E on Installed W7 on Sony Vaio laptop, but does not boot! craigslist for cheap It already had Windows installed on it even though it originally comes with Vista However there were a bunch of files on it so I wanted to format reinstall Windows ultimate I put in the disk and the installation went well up until the last stages it checked the video performance and prepared my desktop for first use and then it just said quot logging off quot and quot shutting down quot When the Installed W7 on Sony Vaio laptop, but does not boot! computer restarted it didn't boot windows just went straight to VAIO recovery In there it gave me the option to scan for hardware related problems I did just that and there were no issues There Installed W7 on Sony Vaio laptop, but does not boot! was also an option to restore C to factory Vista but I really hate Vista and that is my last resort on this laptop I ran startup repair multiple times to see if there was any errors but everything looks fine edit I also burned the W DVD again this time at x and I'm still getting the same error I've already tried it about times and every time it goes through the same final stages and then shuts down then goes to recovery The weird thing is when I load up Windows Boot manager it doesn't even have Windows for me to choose even though it is installed only the Vaio Recovery is available to boot oh and the laptop didn't come with a battery so I'm using it connected to the power supply would that have anything to do with it Any input would be greatly appreciated

A:Installed W7 on Sony Vaio laptop, but does not boot!

Okay, so I deleted the recovery partition altogether(probably a bad idea) to make sure it doesn't boot to it anymore... and now when I boot, it just gives me this:

Where should I go from here?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-w7-on-sony-vaio-laptop-but-does-not-boot-676340.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Thanks to Kevin BEFORE you read this it s important to note that we re EXTREMELY busy right now with far more serious issues than the removal Handyperson XCP DRM the SONY for media s attention to the quot SONY ROOTKIT quot phenomenon and that handling panicked people over this has consumed huge amounts of our time already to the detriment of more important issues As we near release of BOClean all of our attention is focused on that right now Emails regarding this SONY XCP DRM removal for the Handyperson issue or instant messages will have to wait until AFTER Thanksgiving Therefore should you respond to this offering please don t be offended if I don t have time to respond to those at this time I encourage further discussion and possible corrections of the advice offered below but am not in a position to assist owing to far more pressing urgencies I hope folks will understand the difficult situation that I m in Having found some time to go back and play with the SONY rootkit has been difficult to come by and our attorneys have been unable to obtain a definitive answer from the justice department as to our creating a specific solution to the SONY quot rootkit quot problem However I have been told that I have a right to my opinion and as long as I express this as quot my opinion quot and not that of our company I did this on my own time I should be free to share a chuckle with folks as to the pathetic nature of this quot rootkit quot And in doing so I can explain WHY I think it s pathetic as well So let s have at it folks can learn from my rant to follow how to take care of this all by themselves The quot rootkit quot indeed hides the uber-secret quot sys filesystem quot folder which is a subfolder of the WINNT NT and or WINDOWS XP quot SYSTEM quot folder The rootkit sadly is UNABLE to hide itself from being accessed directly from a COMMAND PROMPT found in the start menu programs accessories list So for chuckles I opened a COMMAND prompt I then went on an XP box NT and Win would be a WINNT rather than WINDOWS CD WINDOWS enter CD SYSTEM enter CD sys filesystem enter Low and behold on a machine infected by this I got a PROMPT with sys filesystem present on an UNinfected machine you d get an error of quot not found quot Surprisingly it let me HAVE it If this directory doesn t show then you re NOT infected You re finished right here IF SYS FILESYSTEM exists then the first thing we ll want to do is lose the quot cloak quot and that is a file called ARIES SYS this command will get rid of it you can successfully delete it while it s running It s NOT protected Heh This command loses the cloak DEL ARIES SYS enter Once you ve done this REBOOT At THIS point you have done what everyone else including antiviruses Microsoft and everyone else is going to do as their FINAL solution - you have successfully quot uncloaked quot and prevented any further possible exploits of your system Color it done unless you re brave enough to continue In going further a COMPLETE removal is necessary Here s what I discovered REMOVING THE REST OF SONY S quot TREAT quot After you ve rebooted some services which are not really services will run again particularly the sys DRMServer Trying NET STOP won t work as it s not REALLY a service You ll get a system error However you can now SEE the files when you use the quot My computer quot file explorer and you ll be able to SEE the quot sys filesystem quot folder now under the SYSTEM folder You should now be able to move to the formerly-hidden sys filesystem folder and it should now be visible after the reboot BEFORE you do anything else you now have to consider if you re brave enough to do manual registry editing because if you remove anything else and don t clean up the registry your CDROM and possibly your hard disk s WILL vanish if quot crater sys quot and quot sys cor sys quot are removed So if you re uncomfortable with registry editing STOP NOW You re DONE If you do the CD WINDOWS CD SYSTEM CD sys fileystem trick ag... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Recently removed several viruses from a Dell Dimension E desktop computer running Windows XP Media Center edition SP The computer is wired to a LinkSys WAP The computer has the latest version of Norton Security Suite running and periodically has scans using Malwarebytes however neither would run given the viruses on the computer The problems started when the user opened one of the quot zip quot attachments in the phishing emails like the UPS delivery notification ones The final removal step Following Virus Removal Problem IPCONFIG performed IPCONFIG Problem Following Virus Removal was using a McAfee tool called quot Stinger quot Stinger found found and removed the W Autorun worm bev virus and the FakeAlert-Rena p trojan After it did subsequent scans with both Norton and McAfee showed the computer was clean however the computer would no longer connect to the network Troubleshooting revealed that IPCONFIG would not run It returned quot An internal error occurred The request is not supported quot I tried removing and reinstalling the driver for the network adapter resetting TCPIP and WINSOCK manually starting the networking services but nothing worked Running Farbar Service Scanner yields the results listed below Any help or ideas would be truly appreciated I thought I was fairly computer network savvy until this FSS txt log Farbar Service Scanner Ran by XXX administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Tcpip Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Tcpip service is OK The ImagePath of Tcpip service is OK Connection Status Localhost is blocked LAN connected Attempt to access Google IP returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo IP returend error Other errors File Check C WINDOWS system dhcpcsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation EF E A B DA C E DD C F C WINDOWS system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E E C B D E C WINDOWS system Drivers netbt sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C E CD F EE DD CC B C WINDOWS system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys - - - - - - A A F E F D DCD E C DF C WINDOWS system dnsrslvr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation AAC FFBFD E FA BAC D A BD F C WINDOWS system svchost exe - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation F AE ED AAABC A DE C WINDOWS system rpcss dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FEBF BEEA C A B B EC C WINDOWS system services exe - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation F D D DA D AE FAE DE Extra List fssfltr Gpc IPSec NetBT PSched SYMTDI Tcpip x A B C D E F End of log

A:IPCONFIG Problem Following Virus Removal

EDIT:Follow steps suggested by cryptodan Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438423/ipconfig-problem-following-virus-removal/
Relevancy 48.59%

The Power Scheme is out of whack. The settings won't hold. I downloaded a registry fix, and all it changed was Portable/Laptop to Always On. What are the default settings and how do I make them hold? If I should post this somewhere else, please let me know.

Thanks,
ggb49

A:Update: Problem after virus removal

Power Scheme settings working as Always On. I don't know why, but that's okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-problem-after-virus-removal.590443/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am having problems with my laptop. It originally had a rogue virus, unknown of the name, as far as i know it was know as the "system tool" virus and i thought i removed it and now i believe some pieces are left over and are still causing problems. I scanned with mbam and some PUP.Dealio's came up, try to remove them but they still appeared after a system restart and did not get rid of them. I have tried running RKUnhooker LE, and TDSSKiller. TDS. did not come up with anything, and RKUnhooker LE is not allowing me to run it, and error, Error loading driver, NTSTATUS code: 0xc0000368, appears with an "OK" button and then closes. I have tried running both programs in safe and normal and as admin.

A:Malware and Virus Removal problem

I have since removed the viruses however my laptop is now blue screening when I activate the network or plug in a hard line into the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-and-virus-removal-problem.977600/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there I have run into some trouble while removing malware from a pc I ran all of the normal scans that I run deleted the culprit results I wasn t able to update any of the antimalware virus programs via the interface removal malware/virus Problem during because of some problem with connectivity that I believe is Problem during malware/virus removal due the the malware To remedy this I thought that I would reboot in safe mode with networking and monitor my network s packets receiving sending When I went to do this I noticed that it wouldn t let me start in safe mode of any kind Normal boot mode starts fine I have done some research and have read many posts regarding the deletion of safeboot registry keys being due to some malware I ve tried several programs AVZ that have options for restoring deleted safeboot registry keys but upon restart I have the same problem and cannot start in safe mode Any help would be greatly appreciated I ve been at this myself for days and I have exhausted my knowledge I am counting on the knowledge of the community Thanks again

A:Problem during malware/virus removal

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. -- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178966/problem-during-malwarevirus-removal/
Relevancy 48.59%

First the speed of my computer was slow and there was a Spyware warning that poped up saying quot your computer is infected quot and it directed me to a website for a spyware removal program I can't remember which one the warning came from an icon that was Problem Spyware Virus And/or Removal a red circle with a Virus And/or Spyware Removal Problem line through it that flashed to a green wheelchair which was next to the clock on my desktop then there were pop ups when I wasn't even online for online casino and adult websites and the Windows Intaller keeps popping up trying to intall something it won't say what I have done several scans to try and figure this out on my Virus And/or Spyware Removal Problem own for everything I always updated the definitions first I have run Norton Ewido Ad-aware and AVG I also downloded Virus And/or Spyware Removal Problem and ran smitRem exe Roguescanfix and smitfraudfix cmd - these were able to get rid of the infection warnings from the icon next to the clock as well as the adult website the pop-ups but the performance of my computer is very slow and the Windows Intaller keeps popping up And now Norton keeps alerting me to a virus it says that it deleted it but then it pops up again saying that the same virus was found and deleted again I ran Hijackthis but in when in Normal mode I was not able to save the log When I ran the scan in safe mode I was so here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mdg caR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www mdg caO - Toolbar REALBAR - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FD B A D - C PROGRA COMMON Real Toolbar realbar dll file missing O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-ca msntb dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exeO - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exeO - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus CfgWiz exe quot GUID D A - A - ec -A C-DF A MODE CfgWiz CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI... Read more

A:Virus And/or Spyware Removal Problem

Hello ees86,Welcome to Bleeping Computer I suggest you remove NewDotNet unless you deliberately installed it. It is extremely dubious and commercially sponsored:First, please open Add/Remove programs and uninstall New.Net or NewDotNet from there if listed. If it is not listed, follow these instructions:? From a computer that has Internet access, click on the following link:http://www.new.net/support/uninstall6_90.exe.? Download and save uninstall6_90.exe to the Desktop.? Go to the Desktop and double-click on uninstall6_90.exe? Click on the OK button.? After removal, you may be prompted to reboot. Please reboot even if not prompted.You should know that you're actually doing more harm than good by running 2 Anti Virus programs. ( AVG and Norton) When you do this both programs compete for resources, and the end result is neither does it's best and can cause system instability. I recommend that you choose the one you want to keep, update it, disable the other one, and use it as an on demand only scan occasionally.Reboot your computer after the scan finishes. Report anything bad it finds, and post a new HijackThis log please. Also let me know how your computer is running.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52075/virus-andor-spyware-removal-problem/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Some considered avice on removing a very persistent problem from my PC would be appreciated Any comment would be welcome The "Virus" Problem advice for Removal obvious Reinstall Windows and then our Security has been considered already I do not want to do that if I can get other suggestions System Windows XP pro Trend Micro ghtz G ramInternet adsl cable at Behaviour noticed Removal advice for "Virus" Problem Each time I search on Google I will click on a search result and Removal advice for "Virus" Problem it will throw me redirect to a site that has no relevance to the seach querie Usually aq ad revenue site eg search com popfree com mybid com au stopzilla com Also pop ups with the usual ad content present themselves during the flurry of frustration of closing the sites and reselecting the desired search result which seems to go where it should after I close the bogus site I then go to my security prog TM and place the site and its buddies on the blocked list This list is growing by the day There is always a new site presented when the redirect occurs Action Taken thus far Used a variety of search and remove progs to setect and remove AVGFree Malawarebytes Superantispyware Trend Micro which should just remove it all but always seems to not do this type of problem They have not worked They pick up cookies and legit quot spyware quot ie Alexa and other approved stuff but the redirects and pop ups persit I have also done the follwing to assist all to no avail Updated my TM and the currently loaded SUPERAntispyware - I am UNABLE to upgrade any of these I suspect the virus has affected this ability I have tried manual work around as suggest by TM but they suggest wait and do it again -- the update volume grows by the kb each time I initiated it And then and error message quot A error prevented blah blah quot make sure internet is connected try later quot blah blah They suggestion from TM is if you update it will clear the prob -- BUT if you cant up date you cant clear and around we go again Also System Restore seems to be affected as well It will not restore and just hangs after initiating and gathering the info in which to do the restore quot Also investigated the firewall issued and made sureTM recognised the upload progs sites amp files - NO helpInvestigatesd TM and the idea that it is a Recycler virus - the suggesd solutions are update manually and the same circular results occur THe TM Hijack This led me here and th elogs are attached for your sharp eyes Thanks in advance for your consider thoughts and solutions It is very much appreciated RegardsNeal

A:Removal advice for "Virus" Problem

Thanks for all those who LOOKED and conseidered responding.

The problem has been solved.

Don't give it another thought.

Regards

N

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201235/removal-advice-for-virus-problem/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello folks i have since a few days this msn picture virus on my pc and i ve been checking out many forums and threads about how to remove this annoying creature from my pc but i cant get a clue how to do it so here i am to ask for a lil but of help as far as i could see u people need a log of hijackthis so i virus picture msn problem removal will add this already in msn picture virus removal problem my post it would be really aprecciated if any would like to help me whit this already a big msn picture virus removal problem thx for the people who might gonna help me hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP msn picture virus removal problem Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programme Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programme Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Programme Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Programme Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Programme Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Real Update OB realsched exe C Programme Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Programme Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Programme Java jre bin jusched exe C Programme Messenger msmsgs exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Programme Xfire xfire exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Programme Teamspeak RC TeamSpeak exe C Programme Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Programme Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Programme Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Programme mIRC mirc exe C Programme TeamViewer TeamViewer exe C Dokumente und Einstellungen BabaLu Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programme Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Programme StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Programme Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Programme FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Programme Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programme Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C Programme FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Programme FlashGet getflash dll O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- -B BA BDC - C Programme StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c programme google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Programme Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Programme Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Programme Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Programme Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Programme QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Ul... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

I recently went to a site that gave me a virus I knew it right away when I saw in my task manager which I check fairly often a program running that I did not recognize I then scanned the computer with Mal ware bytes and it found a few items Since removal of these items previously installed after Registry removal (I virus problem think) programs that I use fairly often can no longer access the internet to show web pages or download new content The only installed programs I have even used since then and that this is happening with are online casinos and online poker sites that I play for fun at occasionally When I click a link or in the case of the poker site a banner is popped up every time I log in I get a screen that says quot the program cannot display the web page quot I am still able to play the games those that don't need to download anything that I haven't already downloaded and am still obviously online with Registry problem (I think) after virus removal my Firefox browser I am not real experienced working with the registry but due to recent other virus infections I have a small amount After this had been happening I went to the section of Mal ware bytes where it shows the removed items and noticed that it removed some registry keys Registry problem (I think) after virus removal that seems like may be causing the problem Can anyone provide a fix to my registry if this is the problem Or help me find out what the problem is or direct me to where I can I appreciate the help in the past from this site and hope you can help in this matter thanks in advance Attached are a couple hopefully helpful screen caps James I am using windows vista no XP as the thread says sorry

A:Registry problem (I think) after virus removal

Wow never gone so long without one response = ( and the problem continues.
I rarely use my internet explorer (I like Firefox better), so not until moments ago did I notice it also affects my internet explorer, or maybe the whole problem stems from that, maybe the virus disabled the internet explorer somehow, and the problems with the programs connecting are caused by this. Either way I know someone has to be able to help, anyone? Did I post this in the correct forum?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/registry-problem-i-think-after-virus-removal-487424.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been having a problem with my system for a while and would appreciate getting some help to fix it.

Running a home built system
Windows XP professional sp2
AMD 3000+
160 hd, 512mb ram

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I'd like to ask for help please I have caught a couple of viruses or malwares and tried to get rid of them but then windows and anti-virus software updates got blocked and I realised it was more complicated than I thought That s when I found a thread http www techsupportforum com f te- Virus removal with Problem Malware / html and followed most of the steps Unfortunately I got stuck and don t know how to create CFScript nor how to get rid of a virus which was found by kaspersky Problem with Virus / Malware removal online scanner Please find the reports below Order mbam-log- - - - - txt - Malwarebytes before running Combo Box CF log txt - after running ComboFix mbam-log- - - - - txt - Malwarebytes after running Combo Box Kaspersky Report Jotti report scanned C System Volume Information restore B E B - A- E- D-F DA A D RP A sys from Kaspersky Report Could you please advise me what to do next Many Thanks Agatha

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

Recently my laptop was infected by a virus called Hiloti. It appeared to affect my wifi connection; my connection went down the moment I opened the infected website. AVG has now removed the virus but my internet remains very patchy; often it just shows a red cross, but there are some periods when it works. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do?

(I had a similar problem a while ago. I was having connection problems; Windows Defender removed Worm:VBS/Jenxcus. The connection problems carried on for a bit, and then seemed to resolve themselves.)

I'm running Windows 7.

Any advice gratefully received!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Recently my computer was infected with the quot i dont hate mozilla but use virus help problem- removal with asap need ie quot virus i tried to remove it virus problem- need help with removal asap but couldnt remove it completely i only used to delete the svchost exe file from task manager each time i had to run mozilla now the task manager has been disabled by the virus i hve run a scan and log of my system using hijackthis the details are below Please help me I am desperate Would appreciate any advice and help you could give me Thank you sharon Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe E Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe E Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe E Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system SSVICHOSST exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe E Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C WINDOWS system SSVICHOSST exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Webcam tsnp std exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C DOCUME Sharon LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN SG amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN SG amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN SG amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe SSVICHOSST exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKR... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

I am unable to remove the virus which sits in my recycled folder of external USB hard drive I have tried using unlocker and gmer but to no use The virus is able to recreate Also the system volume information folders reappear after deletion in my C and D even though system restore is turned off Here is the log from HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running removal with system of from Problem Virus processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Problem with removal of Virus from system C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt dellxpm b v wdm stacsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Problem with removal of Virus from system WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F INSTALLERS Reg cleaners HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http atrium R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http atrium Pages Default aspx R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride exchange isb edu library isb edu isbworld premium hoovers com lt local gt O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Grab Pro - C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader GrabPro dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - ... Read more

A:Problem with removal of Virus from system

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. Please do not use color codes in your post.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/problem-with-removal-of-virus-from-system-454777.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys,
I have Vista Ultimate.. and one 400gb drive with two partitions, currently one has Xp and this one Vista..

I was wandering which would be best performance wise.. Merge the two partitions and store my music one the one partition, or have my music movies etc on another partition.

Thanks

Distance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-installed-vista-got-two-partitions-where-do-i-storoe-my-music-etc.625549/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I have just installed windows 7 32 bit operating system and now my wireless is not working!

I have a sony vaio VPCF132FX i7 processor,

It use to have windows 7 home premium but the hard drive had to be re formatted and then I installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and there is no drivers for mine .

The wireless card built in is a marvell i believe.

A:Help! installed windows 7 32 bit sony vaio and wireless not working

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You need to download drivers for your Sony.

Sony Vaio VPCF132FX/H Drivers | Sony Vaio Driver

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

Check in device manager to see which ones you need, download and save them then install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224376-help-installed-windows-7-32-bit-sony-vaio-wireless-not-working.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All just to say sorry if it was covered somewhere also but i did try to serch the forum with no results i got Vaio ? pre-installed XP Installing with How XP. to 'clean' to Sony Windows sony vaio laptop vgn-fs series which came with pre-installed windows xp home edition Installing 'clean' Windows XP to Sony Vaio with pre-installed XP. How to ? and some other vaio branded stuff i dont find it very useful and to be honest i dont want Installing 'clean' Windows XP to Sony Vaio with pre-installed XP. How to ? to have it on my pc i Installing 'clean' Windows XP to Sony Vaio with pre-installed XP. How to ? bough myself proper windows xp home edition and was trying to install this to my machine with no sucess if i put the cd in it does not boot at all the pc just start up so i though i will change the booting sequence in BIOS with no luck again even though i have changed the sequence it still does not boot the CD but skips it and starts up secondly i created recovery cd s with windows xp which came with my laptop and was trying to re-install the system all was good unitl i tried to skip the instalation of customization with vaio branded stuff the machine would not start up and asked me to insert the nd cd with custumization once i allowed my laptop to finalize installation i have got again windows xp home edition with million additional vaio software that i do not want i am sure there must be way to install clean version of already costing me quid widnows i would really appreciate if someone could help me with solving this issue cheerz cudo nbsp

A:Installing 'clean' Windows XP to Sony Vaio with pre-installed XP. How to ?

Enter BIOS ( Setup ) and set the first boot device as CD/ROM. Put your XP Disc in the drive and disconnect all external peripherals,

If you are using an upgrade version installation CD, you'll also need a CD with an older operating system ( Windows 98SE or Windows ME ) to complete the install. Also Make sure you have the 25-digit product code for the Windows XP CD.

Once you set your BIOS to boot first from cd . . when it restarts you will see a black screen with a prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" . . do that and you will be able to delete any or all partitions and recreate one or more, then proceed to formating and installing XP.

That message can pass quickly, so have a finger on the keyboard when you boot. This will delete all data on the drive so be sure you have your important data backed up. The prompt will appear after every reboot, but do not press any key on subsequent reboots. The setup process will continue with no action required from you.

If you are installing on SATA drive, there is an additional step:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_install_windows_xp_on_a.htm

This is a site that walks you thru a simulated XP installation:
http://www.echoproject.net/en/software/catalog.html

These are good guides to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print one for reference during the install.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp
http://www.socrtwo.info/cleanxpinstall.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm

You will likely have to reload drivers (Chipset first) and applications, If your XP installation disc does not include SP2, after the installation, you will need to download and install SP-2, while windows is clean. Prior to connecting to the internet be sure you enable the XP firewall.

If you want to save your files and settings, you can use the XP Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard to create an image of them and save to cd or other removable media. These are good guides to using the FAST wizard. Just be sure you have an up-to-date antivirus before you re-instate them!

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_fstw.asp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

For help entering BIOS: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-clean-windows-xp-to-sony-vaio-with-pre-installed-xp-how-to.543738/
Relevancy 48.16%

i just installed win 7 pro on my sony vaio vgnsz320cp, im now experiencing a black border around my whole screen, i tried adjusting resolution, display settings etc.

A:just installed win 7 pro, display problems, sony vaio notebook

Update your Nividia Graphics Card:
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Or if you don't know your System Specs, run this Tool:
AMD GPU AutoDetect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/203665-just-installed-win-7-pro-display-problems-sony-vaio-notebook.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a bluetooth headset that already paired but it is unable to use because there is no audio services to work with. When I run the troubleshooting for my sound, it couldn't identify the problem. In my device manager, the bluetooth audio is gone (it used to be there) and i also have many unknow device that related to bluetooth. I used to played with registry when i was trying to fix something else, maybe that the cause, but when i run the Sfc /scannow, notthing seems wrong. I have been searching solution for this problem for a month and yet, notthing works. Please help, im using sony vaio Model # SVS15116FXB. I also tried to download some drivers from the sony sites, but they are useless.

A:No Audio Output Devices is Installed- Sony Vaio

I would uninstall all the unknown and Bluetooth devices listed in the Device Manager. Leave that off until you get the basic sound going again. Restart the PC after uninstalling all the Bluetooth and unknown devices.

If the PC's sound device is enabled in the BIOS, Windows should detect it and install either the regular drivers or at least the generic, basic function, HIgh Definition Audio Drivers (Codec). If its not being detected and installed, the first thing is to check the BIOS. If its disabled in the BIOS then Windows will not see/detect it. If its enabled in the BIOS, reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers. One of the things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) all the devices on the motherboard. This too affects whether the sound can be detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352471-no-audio-output-devices-installed-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Sony VGC-M1 which while doing a disk compress and defrag decided to shut it's self down, I could not get it to turn back on again so to test the power lead (incase fuse had gone) I replaced with another with no joy, so I plug the original back and then there was a crackling noise followed by a bang then smoke appeared out of the back, I can only assume that the power supply has blown and what else failed to stop the machine turning back on I don't know, I have checked with Sony and they want 450 for the repair, so Ireckon I am better off buying a new PC and getting the Sony VGC-M1 hard disk out, which is my questions is there an easy way of doing this?

A:Sony VGC-M1 - Hard disk removal

assuming your HD didn't die, it should be easy to remove. Bear in mind, you will need to reformat and reinstall windows if you want to use it as a boot device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vgc-m1-hard-disk-removal.79722/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I have an HP pavillion zd8000 series laptop running windows XP professional service pack 2
I recently ran a comprehensive virus scan with McAffee virus scan console and an infection was found in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Shawn Przybyla.LAPTOP1\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Q3CVI1OF\404[1].htm => 404[1].htm.Vir
The file was quarantined to C:\quarantine because McAffee could not delete it. It said in the report that the file runs with iexplorer.exe. I was wondering if there are any ways I could completely remove the virus and if there may be any other files infected that McAffee did not pick up. I have run various other scans from your freeware list and picked up nothing else to report, but none of the programs found the virus in the quarantine file to remove it.
Please Advise.

A:Problem With Trojan Virus Removal On Windows Xp Sp2

Hello and welcome.
The file was moved to the Quarantine and can no longer harm your PC. It is placed there in case it was an important file to the smooth operation of your PC. If the PC is running fine then you will have no need to restore that file back into the system. It can then be deleted from quarantine and thusly from your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124972/problem-with-trojan-virus-removal-on-windows-xp-sp2/
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop haw WIN virus XP removal problem repair Windows after XP SP installed Recently it got infected with some viruses including win xp antispyware Using spyware doctor and malwarebytes tools I tried to remove the viruses It was ok partially and then that I can t run any exe file in the computer I decided to install windows repair Windows XP repair problem after virus removal but not using repair console using original CDs I get the following error messages while the installtion process is going on - When the installation wizard at PREPARING WINDOWS INSTALLATION stage A pop up window comes up with the following message - Choose the program to open the file rundll exe when I cancel several times it goes away and then after few minutes another pop us comes and says - Choose the program to open the file regsrv exe when I cancel several times it goes away and the installation continues without any problem But when the computer restarts automatically to continue the rest of the installation process another pop up window comes saying - Choose the program to open the file setup exe the installation does not continue from this point properly How can I do a proper windows repair I have lot of software installed in this machine and do not want to install a fresh copy of windows wiping out everything I have now please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-repair-problem-after-virus-removal.1013422/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

Im pretty stuck here, googled and found your tutorial for the removal of this virus but can't get past step 3 as rkill keeps getting blocked before it can do anything, I have tried as suggested leaving the pop ups in place and trying again but still the same problem

I then followed the link for further help - Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, but unable to run this software either, its just blocked dead.

I don't know exactly how this virus got on the pc, no one is owning up.

There are no desktop icons, it has disabled the wireless internet connection, you cannot run system restore, I have been downloading the software onto a usb and transfering ot onto the pc. It won't let any software run that might remove it basically.

Any help gratefully received. Im running XP & have ESET Security installed

A:Security Tool Virus removal problem

Hello snowball2 and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My username is swagger and I'll be helping you. Have you tried downloading and running RKill with the different extensions? rkill.pifrkill.scrrkill.comrkill.exePlease Download Link #1. Save it to your Desktop. Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.Double click the RKill desktop icon to run the tool.
If you are using Vista please right click and run as Admin!A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.If this does not occur please delete that application and download Link #2.Continue process until the tool runs.NOTE: 1. Try running RKill using Link 1, if it does not run, download Link 2 and delete Link 1 then try running it again. 2. If you still can't run RKill, repeat the same steps using Link 3 and 4. Please tell me if all the link does not work.*If the tool does not run from any of the links, Please tell me about it.Regards,swagger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287407/security-tool-virus-removal-problem/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently had excellent help from this site to remove a virus I have a LAN with a Netgear Modem Rooter a Desktop Windows Intel Pentium Dual CPU GHz GB RAM and a laptop Windows My daughter when she is home also connects Two printers connected to the desktop I had no problems in the passed We are both wired and wireless After the virus removal we were unable to print from the laptops but could print from the desktop From the desktop I cannot see my laptop from the laptop I can see desktop On my laptop it idicates that the printers are off line After searching the internet I realized I had problems with network discovery removal Problem network after discovery with virus The settings on the desktop were all quot off quot I changed them to on save but next time they were off again This is what I did on the desktop Changed SSDP Discovery to automatic Function Resource DNS Client not sure if I changed DNS Client not sure if I changed UPnPDevice off changed to automatic I also followed this link to check if Problem with network discovery after virus removal DNS Client is OK http www howtogeek com howto windo ache-in-vista After doing all this the only one Problem with network discovery after virus removal that does not change back is quot Turn on network discovery quot I attach a screenshot

A:Problem with network discovery after virus removal

Reset your modem router and see if everything works properly now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/161665-problem-network-discovery-after-virus-removal.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to fix my parents Dell Inspiron running Windows XP Home Edition They had a virus on it but I walked them through getting off using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot Search and Destroy but they are still have an issue I am not sure what the virus was because they had removal after Association problem File virus already removed it but now whenever I File Association problem after virus removal try to open a program on the computer the quot open with quot window comes up saying quot Choose the program you would like to use to open this file quot If I try to open Help I get a message saying quot File Association problem after virus removal help exe application not found quot I am able to get the control panel open I did some research on my own and found this http www dougknox com xp file assoc htm as a possible solution I downloaded it to another computer and got it to run off a flash drive on the broken one but it did not solve the problem Any suggestions

A:File Association problem after virus removal

Can you tell us what virus they had, and can you have them send you the log so that we can look at it, or if you have access to the machine post it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411200/file-association-problem-after-virus-removal/
Relevancy 47.73%

I had a feeling it was too easy I thought I successfully removed that rather nasty Windows XP Recovery virus Please keep in mind that I used quot XP of virus Recovery problem removal New after Windows unhide exe quot as part of the process Today I went to quot All Programs quot on the start menu and the programs folders are listed visible but when the pointer is put on them the extensiona all say quot empty quot For example in the quot All Programs quot part of the Start menu when I put the pointer on quot Accesories quot the next extension opens and lists quot Accesibility Communications Entertainment and System Tools quot folders But when I put the pointer New problem after removal of Windows XP Recovery virus on the quot System Tools quot folder for example the next extension pops up but says Empty I believe the quot missing quot programs are there just hidden I have Avast up and running but when I put the pointer on the Avast folder it shows Empty Is this fixable

A:New problem after removal of Windows XP Recovery virus

At last count 110 people read this which means about 109 folks smarter than I am saw it.

I'm starting to fear that there is no solution to this but no one wants to give me the bad news.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398735/new-problem-after-removal-of-windows-xp-recovery-virus/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I m going through the Remove System Check Uninstall Guide and have a Removal Problem Check Virus System problem getting TDSSKiller exe to run step in the guide I believe I have the system check virus malware because of the following symptoms Redirection of google search results when I click on a site in google it redirects to an advertisement site or similar site that System Check Virus Removal Problem is unrelated to my search system check is on my computer and runs a scan or a fake scan everytime I start the computer system check tells me that my hard drive has problems ie quot hard drive rotational speed decreased by quot quot disk drive C is unreadable quot quot system files are damaged System is unstable quot and other similar messages a popup error message is titled quot Windows - Delayed Write Failed quot and says quot Failed to save all the components for the file system ee The file is corrupted or unreadable This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem quot According to the Remove System Check Uninstall Guide these are fake alerts errors etc caused by system check I ve begun to go through the Remove System Check Uninstall Guide and have completed up to step without major issue Step asks me to run TDSSKiller but I have been unable to do so I ve renamed the TDSSKiller exe file several times using different names terrible com that com etc without luck I click on the desktop icon to run the file TDSSKiller exe renamed of course and my mouse icon adds an hourglass for a second and then goes away No program was run as far as I can tell Let me know if I should post any logs I apologize if this topic is in the incorrect place if it is please let me know so I can change it Thank You

A:System Check Virus Removal Problem

DownloadFixTDSSLaunch it ,It may ask for restart,reboot the PCOn reboot you may be asked to repair MBR ,click on repair.Run tdsskiller nowDownloadhttp://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exeLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereGood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438432/system-check-virus-removal-problem/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I was trying to remove a virus from my nephew's computer. When i thought i had finished i noticed that the automatic update service was not started. If i try to start the service manually i get errors. I tried number of help articles from microsoft's website. Their fixit utility doesn't correct the problem either. The error i get is:Also i noticed some weird services showing up. I am wondering if i am still infected or if my OS is damaged beyond repair. My operating system is windows XP professional service pack 3thanks in advance for any help with this.

A:Automatic updates problem after virus removal.

I was trying to remove a virus from my nephew's computer.How did you remove it? Did you run combofix ??? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic457009.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457112/automatic-updates-problem-after-virus-removal/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have a number of music/video applications installed on my machine and am wondering whether I should remove some of them. Some were already installed on my HP laptop when I bought it (e.g. Quick Play etc), and some I have downloaded (e.g. Windows Media Player, iTunes, Quicktime etc). Is it better for me to remove some of these apps to gain space? Let me know if you want me to list all application that I am querying.

Thanks, Lynne

A:Solved: Multiple music/video applications installed

Remove under the following circumstances:
You don't use them.
They cause conflicts.
They slow your system down.
You don't have enough room for everything.

Unless you have some of the big daddy video and audio editing programs installed they probably aren't taking up that much room (tens of mb vs. gigs for the Pinnacle and Adobe suites) so if they aren't causing a problem and you use them occasionally its fine to just leave them right where they are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-multiple-music-video-applications-installed.636647/
Relevancy 47.73%

Im trying to install windows Ultimate on a SONY VAIO VPCL FL but i got a message that says Windows cannot be installed to disk Partition quot The issue is that my old hard disk died and i had to buy a new one now i have this problem I've already checked the bios to be in in legacy compatibility mode Actually the only option is UEFI Disabled or Enable is set to disabled so i guess it is in legacy mode Even with that option disabled i can get to install Win It is a brand new disk so it Cannot 0 VPCL235FL to partition VAIO disk 7 installed be Windows SONY 1 doesnt come with partitions so i created a VPCL235FL SONY VAIO Windows 7 Cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1 new one with the total size It says primary partition but the system is not making the reserved system partion MB No matter what i do i still get the message and cant install the O S is it a issue of motherboard Originally the computer came with win So i dont think the OS is the problem Is it a driver issue I've also converted the disk partition to MBR thanks for your help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8f79ce08-480b-4c91-bf9e-09051e349b02/vpcl235fl-sony-vaio-windows-7-cannot-be-installed-to-disk-0-partition-1?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 47.73%

Go to this link for details of latest chapter in the Sony debacle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4511042.stm

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-trash-removal-program-causes-more-problems.423735/
Relevancy 47.3%

Anyone help me, 18months ago I sampled Nod32 anti virus, I was not happy with it and removed the program via the uninstaller. I purchased Panda and went to update Panda to the 2005 software and have noticed again that Nod32 has somehow come back onto my system, but not all the files. I have deleted as much as I could but I am left with the nodshex.dll file in the ESET folder and until I get this off my system I am unable to update my Panda. I have emailed Nod32 people, no response, I have tried to delete it in Safe Mode, would not delete, I have looked on the Task Manager and can not find it running to delete from there. How on earth do I get rid of this program, I have looked in the Registry and I am unable to find it in the software either. Please Help.

A:[resolved] Nod32 Anti Virus Removal Problem

Hi

Try having a search around with regseeker:-

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/sy...wregtools.html

Make sure the back-up registry box is checked and use the 'delete' key on your keyboard to delete whatever you find.

However, if you're lucky it might even take the bits and pieces out in the auto clean mode.

Did it show in Add/Remove programs?

I guess one option would be to download it again and then try and uninstall it wholesale?

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-nod32-anti-virus-removal-problem-53604.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, much smarter people than I
I've run through all of the fixes and downloaded the suggested spyware and removal items. However, when I attempt to run them, the fake MS Removal Tool advises me that they too are infected and does not allow them to run successfully. Help, suggestions, tips welcome. Thanks in advance!

A:Problem removing "MS Removal Tool" Fake Virus

Hello kriskupn ! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems. Before we begin, please note the following:I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.Instructions that I give are for your system only!Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.STEP 1Try to download the already renamed RKill by Grinler files from one of the 3 links below and save it to your desktop.WiNlOgOn.exe
uSeRiNiT.exe
eXplorer.exe
Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how. Double-click on one of the renamed Rkill files on your desktop to run it. A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply Extra note: If you get a message that RKill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by MS Removal Tool when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it.If you run into these infections warnings that close RKill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run RKill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that RKill can terminate MS Removal Tool. So, please try running RKill until the malware is no longer running.Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again.STEP 2Run Scan with MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box wil... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388103/problem-removing-ms-removal-tool-fake-virus/
Relevancy 47.3%

Good day.

A few weeks ago, I had to download a utility program from a popular website, and since then I seem to have aquired a persistent google redirect virus. 

The basic symptom is that if I type a search in Google, I often (1 in 3?) times will be directed to an "odd" website.

System:
   Windows 7
   IE9
   Norton Internet Security Running

Things done so far:
1) Reviewed toolbar addons, a number had been previously disabled, now uninstalled. 
2) Downloaded and ran Hitman pro.
3) Downloaded and ran unhackme
4) Downloaded and ran TDSSKiller.
5) Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes.

They each found one or two random things. . .but the virus persists.

I would appreciate any help.

A:Google Redirect Virus Problem: Seems to be removal resistant

Have you tried different browsers?

Ie, Firefox, maybe even try Opera.

also try this program Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop. It will be a randomly named executable.
Double click the exe file.
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are unchecked
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486953/google-redirect-virus-problem-seems-to-be-removal-resistant/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello! I am attempting to remove a virus from my mother's computer. It runs Windows Vista. I have followed the instructions from a  tutorial I found here on this site:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-antibreach-suite

I followed the instructions and I put a file on a disc and transferred it to the infected computer in safe mode, merged, removed the disc, and restarted the computer.

STEP 9 in the tutorial states to log on to a website. I attempted to and received the same error message depicted in the beginning of the tutorial stating that WindowsAnti Breach Suite is 'protecting' me from the file.

I went back and shutdown the computer and tried to merge the file again and restarted the computer with the same result. I went back and followed the instructions again word-for-word.

Please someone instruct me how to continue to with the removal process.

Thank you in advance for your time!

A:WindowsAntiBreachSuite Virus Removal Failed-Problem with tutorial

Hi tnance292,

Can you continue writing to that disc? If so, we will download the tool onto the disc instead.

xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541773/windowsantibreachsuite-virus-removal-failed-problem-with-tutorial/
Relevancy 47.3%

Today i got a bug Copied this from malware removal While using my laptop today and post removal Virus malware problem in thread can't I had a Security Warning pop up It said Application cannot be executed The file insert file name here exe is infected Do you want to activiate your antivirus software now This has been popping up every few minutes with different Virus problem and can't post in malware removal thread file names Other windows have been popping up telling me I need to install this or that to get rid of the virus I did restart my computer once but its still here It s also opening up explicit material websites and viagra websites I hope this is specific enough Just now another window popped up that says attention Spyware aler Vulnerabilities I am running XP pro I am also getting a small box that says Attack from PORT Attack port Thread Win nuqel E Let me know what else you need to know When I go to Malware removal that same Window security alert comes up Seems as though quite a few people I know got this today I had AVG but could not open it today So I uninstalled with the intention of Virus problem and can't post in malware removal thread reinstalling it Well this virus will not let me finsih installinfg it Also I tried to go to system restore but Virus problem and can't post in malware removal thread the virus will not let me in nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I got the spyware problem somehow and nothing worked to get rid of it until I found the info here. Thanks for that. Now I find that I can't perform a Norton virus scan on a single file when I right click on it. Norton is working otherwise, just the right click option doesn't work. Any ideas how to fix this?? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50596/norton-virus-scan-problem-after-spywarequake-removal/
Relevancy 47.3%

can someone help me my pc recently removed a malware and afterwards i cant connect to the internet yellow icon no malware/virus removal internet after connection problem network acess heres the FSS log thanx hope you can help me with this one Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by marvin administrator on - - at Running from C Users marvin Desktop Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Attempt to access Local Host IP returned error Localhost is blocked Other errors There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors IE proxy is enabled Other Services File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit internet connection problem after malware/virus removal C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E B BE B B BAEDB F F E C C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log

A:internet connection problem after malware/virus removal

i'll really appreciate a quick reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505190/internet-connection-problem-after-malwarevirus-removal/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Everyone

Please can you help, have V9 virus on pc.  After researching Virus it was suggested use ADWCleaner to remove it.  I downloaed it from Bleeping computer,  The last time I saw the box for it, it was the Run box, then nothing.  I know it is doing the job its in the Google Chrome browser download list,  and there is a lot of Hardrive activity. But I cannot see any progress bar or anytthing on screen, nothing visuall at all.  Also the start menu I can bring up, but when i try to click  on somthing on the list or type into the search box, the computer bleeps at me.  What please is going on....?.

Regards
Sapphire888

A:Problem with removal V9 site portal virus and ADWCleaner

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs pro... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530904/problem-with-removal-v9-site-portal-virus-and-adwcleaner/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was working on removing a rootkit the other day when all of the sudden the laptop started blurting out "Anything you can do , I can do better, anything ... la la la etc etc"
There was no media player working in the applications & all I could put it down to was a cheeky rootkit.

Anyone else had this happen?

A:Music auto plays during rootkit removal

Download tdss killer

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe

Right Click it Run as Admin . Click on Change parameters Select TDLFS file system

Hit the Scan button Post the LOG In your next reply

Do not change the default options on scan results

Update and do a quick scan with Malwarebytes remove all that it finds and reboot.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/ecf14848530d11a2f09a94b92a69fcfa/

Post the log here,
Update do a quick scan with Superantispyware remove all this finds reboot.
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE
post the log here.
Run a scan with Eset.
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
Make sure remove found threats and scan archives is checked.
When the scan finish list found threats save to clipboard copy to notepad Post the log here.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.

http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475714/music-auto-plays-during-rootkit-removal/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there I have been looking for instructions for removal of a keyboard for a sony viao pcg-5j5m,
I have been looking around but cant find this model,
can someone help me on this,
thanks for now,
I have since found out that it is aslo called a VGN-CR21S

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pcg-5j5m-sony-viao-keyboard-removal.1024650/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just aquired a sony vaio VGN-NR21M WHICH NEEDS a new hard drive but can't find the compartment, I know this sounds stupid but does anyone know how to get to the hard drive or direct me to a user service manual

Relevancy 46.87%

hi all ive got a problem with my laptop and ive no idea what info to give you norton is working strange with popups all the time online virus cleaners seem to not function and freeze all the time im pretty sure there is something that isnt meant to be there any advise much appreciated if you require further just ask here s my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan problem programs using fake online removal norton pop-ups virus & saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program fake norton pop-ups & problem using online virus removal programs Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program fake norton pop-ups & problem using online virus removal programs Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files MobileBroadband MobileBroadband exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files fake norton pop-ups & problem using online virus removal programs Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN AU amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN AU amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fake-norton-pop-ups-problem-using-online-virus-removal-programs.858317/
Relevancy 46.87%

My computer was infected with the quot Vista Antivirus Pro quot virus which incessantly quot detects quot a slew of nonexistent viruses and demands credit card information to register for the full version of quot Vista Antivirus Pro quot so that you can remove them Not being a complete idiot I realized it was a scam and attempted to remove it Unfortunately Norton wasn't detecting the infection so I went hunting for a free tool that would solve the problem and was directed towards the free version of superantispywarepro And it does appear to have killed the virus Unfortunately it's also removal Apparent by caused association problem file virus created a new problem Attempting to open any program whatsoever say Firefox results in a Apparent file association problem caused by virus removal box appearing requesting the use to quot Choose the program that you want to use to open this Apparent file association problem caused by virus removal file quot It's as if I were trying to open a filetype without the relevant program rather than a program that is most certainly there I guess a file used to open Apparent file association problem caused by virus removal programs was deleted along with the infected files but I don't really know System restore to an earlier date did not help I've discovered that running programs as an administrator will cause them to open Any ideas as to what might be wrong will be greatly appreciated Thanks for any help

A:Apparent file association problem caused by virus removal

Hi, part of the following reg entry has been altered it is often the last where something other then UserChoice is added, we came up with these fixes long ago I see them all over the net today and that is fine, I will post the full fix here so anybody interested can see where the reg mods are and maybe learn something.

You will need to copy and paste all below into notepad then in notepad select "file" then "save as" call it exe.reg and save to desktop locate the saved file and double click to merge into registry

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.EXE]
@="exefile"
"Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.EXE\PersistentHandler]
@="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile]
@="Application"
"EditFlags"=hex:38,07,00,00
"FriendlyTypeName"=hex(2):40,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,\
00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,\
32,00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,\
00,2c,00,2d,00,31,00,30,00,31,00,35,00,36,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\DefaultIcon]
@="%1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open]
"EditFlags"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"
"IsolatedCommand"="\"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"
"IsolatedCommand"="\"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\DropHandler]
@="{86C86720-42A0-1069-A2E8-08002B30309D}"

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\UserChoice]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/apparent-file-association-problem-caused-by-virus-removal-461542.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 1700 laptop running XP. I picked up a virus about a month ago, I forget the name of it now, I restarted in safe mode to delete the file so I could run the virus removal tool. All went well except I was stuck in windows 98 graphics after restarting normally. I switched Themes back to "Windows XP" & got my toolbar back to what it should be but it will not allow me to edit the wallpaper through "Display Properties/desktop". The whole section is grayed out. It also doesn't give me the "Web" tab in "Customize Desktop" & it used to have a volume status bar pop up when I would adjust the volume with the buttons on the laptop. Something is just not right with it still. Any thought or suggestions? Thanks

A:Graphics problem after booting in safe mode for virus removal

the virus you had has messed around with your windows registry. plenty of fixes here:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...meta=&aq=f&oq=

just want to highlight to you the forth one down,

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

contains tons of utilities for fixing all kinds of windows problems. you have to look down the list to find the one for fixing display tab problem. the good thing is that you only have to download the file and double click on the file to run it and it'll automatically fixed up your problem. very friendly to ppl who are not too savvy with windows :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/graphics-problem-after-booting-in-safe-mode-for-virus-removal-464676.html
Relevancy 46.87%

DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by - Malware Needed Removal pictures deleting music ie, Help & Doug McBride at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky PURE Enabled Outdated C FBF- BCB- -D D- Malware Removal Help Needed - deleting ie, music & pictures EDFEC E SP Kaspersky PURE Enabled Updated DE B- DF - BEF-ED D- AD D SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky PURE Enabled FB ABE A- A - -FCD -C EA D E Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C windows SysWOW AstSrv exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C program files x toshiba wireless lan indicator tosindicator exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files InfoWatch CryptoStorage ProtectedObjectsSrv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA PHAROS Core CTskMstr exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TechSmith Jing Jing exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE avp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe C windows system taskeng exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps mail google com mail u shva inbox uProxyOverride lt local gt local BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - lt orphaned gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO IEVkbdBHO Class AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky PURE ievkbd dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL BHO... Read more

A:Malware Removal Help Needed - deleting ie, music & pictures

Hello there, Masterk3y! Welcome to TSF.

I am looking over your logs and will get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, could you please describe in more detail the problems you have been having with your computer?

Also, if you have not done so already, you may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

To help make this fix go as smoothly as possible, please do not run any scans, use any tools, or install/uninstall any applications unless requested.

Even if your symptoms seem to disappear at some point during this fix, please stay with me until I confirm the infection is gone. An infection could still be present on your system even if there are no obvious signs.

Please be patient with me during the course of this fix, as it will likely require multiple steps to completely remove your infection.

During this process, read each of my posts carefully before you continue. If you have any questions about any of the instructions I give you, please ask them before you begin.

Also please note that this forum is very busy; if I don't hear back from you within three days, this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-removal-help-needed-deleting-ie-music-and-pictures-704114.html
Relevancy 46.44%

this was my original topic that describes my problems http www bleepingcomputer com forums t please-help-me-with-advanced-virus-removal-software-cannot-even-load-windows i was told at the end to post this log Running from H Documents Win kDiag exeLog file at on malware security my removal/total laptop problem virus advanced C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Win kDiag txtWARNING Could not get backup privileges Searching 'C WINDOWS' Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS hf mig KB KB Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS addins addinsMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v advanced virus removal/total security malware problem on my laptop Temp ZAP tmp ZAP tmpMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP D tmp ZAP D tmpMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v Temp ZAP tmp ZAP tmpMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly temp advanced virus removal/total security malware problem on my laptop tempMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS assembly tmp tmpMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Config ConfigMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Connection Wizard Connection WizardMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Downloaded Installations Macromedia Contribute Macromedia Contribute Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imejp applets appletsMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS ime imejp imejp Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS InCD InCDMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS inf ASM ASMMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Installer PatchCache Managed DC A F AD BCDDC E F C Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Installer PatchCache Managed AB CA Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Installer PatchCache Managed DC BF CC D D F A A D F F Mount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS java classes classesMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS java trustlib trustlibMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files Bind Logs Bind LogsMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files Temporary ASP NET FilesMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS msapps msinfo msinfoMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth ERRORREP QHEADLES QHEADLESMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth ERRORREP QSIGNOFF QSIGNOFFMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr BATCH BATCHMount point destination Device max Cannot access C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries HelpSvc exe - - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries HelpSvc exe - - C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download cf ec e d ddb e dc c e helpsvc exe Microsoft Corporation Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Config CheckPoint CheckPointMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr HelpFiles HelpFilesMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr InstalledSKUs InstalledSKUsMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System DFS DFSMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System OEM System OEMMount point destination Device max Found mount point C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Temp TempMount point destinati... Read more

A:advanced virus removal/total security malware problem on my laptop

excuse me, i know you guys are busy, but it's been 3 days and i havent gotten a reply yet. i thought i read somewhere that topics that dont get activity after 3 days get locked or deleted, so was just wondering about that.

even if you may not answer my question immediately, a response would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262213/advanced-virus-removaltotal-security-malware-problem-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 46.44%

i have some problems with a laptop compaq presario v first when i start it up there are some error messages a ssvichosst exe couldn t be found b hpqwiemax Module need to be removal+hard internet and (unclean problem others with connection disk) virus closed c avg error said that there is a problem with electronic authentification second i could not connect to the internet when i click on the LAN connection it says connected but there problem with internet connection and others (unclean virus removal+hard disk) is no ip address dns address and others and when i try to click troubleshooting it says that the process could not be done because of some tcp ip error and i must contact the network administrator i ve tried other lan cables that suppose to be worked well but it always the same so i conclude that the problem is on my computer my network adapter Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Interl R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection last problem when i try to reinstall the OS with problem with internet connection and others (unclean virus removal+hard disk) a new windows xp sp the windows setup said that it could not detect any hard disk hard drive so the process must be terminated what have i done i tried malwarebytes and remove tons of malwares on both safe and normal mode i also tried tune up utilities there were some cleaning and repairing process but the problems remain there are some softwares that indicate that i have several registry problems like regcure but i can do nothing to clean it with trial free version i really need any help from you guys even when i try to force the way i still could not do that i mean even reinstall cant be done sorry but i post this onto two different forums security and internet amp networking nbsp

A:problem with internet connection and others (unclean virus removal+hard disk)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-internet-connection-and-others-unclean-virus-removal-hard-disk.803782/
Relevancy 46.01%

My Computer was fine yesterday. Today I had trouble getting it to start up and when it did start up it:
Does Not Uninstall and Programs from Control Panel; Show My Previously Instlled Norton 360 on the system tray or even any icon for Norton 360; and Does Not ALoow Me to Connect to the Internet. Help Please!

I do not know where to begin or what I must do. Thanks.

Sounjay

A:Problem: Computer Does Not Uninstall or Show Virus Protection Software Previously Installed or Connect to the Internet

Please start a new topic in 'Am I Infected' http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368363/problem-computer-does-not-uninstall-or-show-virus-protection-software-previously-installed-or-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys;

I have windows ME installed on C drive, and Win XP pro on D drive.

Now I want to remove the ME safely, and not the XP. How do I do that?

and what if I wanted to remove the XP??

Relevancy 45.15%

After alot of faffing around a great member of a photography forum you know who you are has told playing random slowing. freezing, music, internet Rootkit laptop removal, me i have a Rootkit I have a recovery disk that i made when i first bought the laptop Thanks in advance i don't have a clue what to do DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Adam at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT SP Windows Rootkit removal, laptop freezing, playing random music, internet slowing. Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe Rootkit removal, laptop freezing, playing random music, internet slowing. C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files OEM LIVE OSD AD osd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System Rootkit removal, laptop freezing, playing random music, internet slowing. svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system REGSVR exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand DSGJ amp bmod DSGJ uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig redirectdomain brand DSGJ amp bmod DSGJ BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll uRun Reminder c program files ttg reminder Reminder exe uRun Offers c program files ttg offers Offers exe mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RtHDVCpl c program files realtek audio hda RtHDVCpl exe -s mRun SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup osd lnk - c windows installer - - - a-eb ff ca CCB CAEC D E C exe mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces B D A- F - DB- - EB D A DhcpNameServer Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SERVICES DRIVERS R vwififlt Virtual WiFi Filter Driver c windows system drivers vwififlt sys - - R LiveGpdKBFilter LiveGpdKBFilter c windows system drivers LiveGpdKBFilter sys - - R LiveIO LiveIO c windows system drivers LiveIO sys - - R IntcHdmiAddService Intel R High Definition Audio HDMI c windows system drivers IntcHdmi sys - - R Livekbc Livekbc c windows system drivers Li... Read more

A:Rootkit removal, laptop freezing, playing random music, internet slowing.

Hi, as you were unable to run GMER, please run the following scan instead.
Please Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.
Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.
Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.
Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.

Note** you may get the following warning, just click OK and continue.

"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"
--------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/rootkit-removal-laptop-freezing-playing-random-music-internet-slowing-605324.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys Recently I have gone through a serious virus which is not catchable by updated anti-virus symantec october When i put my pendrive the system shows SERVCE.EXE or Solved: of virus removal autorunme.exe manual removal autorun inf deleted But the underlying virus autorunme exe exists in location Drive RECYCLER S- - - - - - - autorunme exe Even I delete this virus this gets automatically generated by itself or recreates itself autorunme exe is not the actual virus but it is just Solved: autorunme.exe manual removal of virus or SERVCE.EXE removal a duplicate Then actual underlying virus which triggers autorunme exe is SERVCE EXE Note SERVCE EXE is not service exe or services exe It is new named SERVCE EXE Manual removal autorunme exe process After connecting your pendrives when it shows the file RECYCLER in hidden state Open your task manager and end the process SERVCE EXE Now delete the entries Drive RECYCLER S- - - - - - - autorunme exe Drive RECYCLER S- - - - - - - desktop ini and Drive autorun inf They will not recreate now Then open C WINDOWS and find SERVCE EXE and to be on safe side just make a local copy of file to some other place and delete SERVCE EXE Now even if you restart your computer since SERVCE EXE is not running at start up of system the system is safe and manual removal of virus is complete SERVCE EXE is the actual culprit http static techguy org smilies biggrin gif nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorunme-exe-manual-removal-of-virus-or-servce-exe-removal.868448/
Relevancy 45.15%

First of all I am by no means a technical genius Google got me this far and my technical lingo knowledge is limited In other words if suggested problem Menu the left fix Start unable Virus to gain ownership and and programs empty, removal solutions to my problem were to be posted in a not-too-technical language and thoroughly explained you d make me very happy My troubles originated when I got a virus on my PC SMART HDD a rogue scanner Google led me to this guide http www myantispyware com how-to-remove-smart-hdd-and-smarthdd-virus to manually removing the virus and I followed the first steps without encountering any problems Step is where I first encountered one of my current problems quot Now Virus removal left Start Menu and programs empty, unable to gain ownership and fix the problem you can unhide all files and folders that has been hidden by Smart HDD Click Start type in Search field cmd and press Enter Command console black window opens Type cd and press Enter Type attrib -h s d and press Enter Close Command console quot Access denied I followed through with the remaining steps anyway and successfully removed the virus using MBAM and TDSSKiller which only found quot RS Service quot which so Google tells me is an Acer program and seeing as TDSSKiller suggested to quot skip it quot I left it be To be sure my system was clean I created a System Resque CD Avira Antivir and booted my computer from the CD running a full system scan nothing was found except a few quot warnings quot quot alerts quot concerning a couple of encrypted files I consulted a more technologically knowledgable friend who told me not to worry about the warnings - the virus had been removed Afterwards I performed a checkdisc I believe the virus is gone but my desktop and Start Menu still look a mess No programs are visible on my desktop except for the ones I ve installed after I began trying to fix my computer such as TDSSKiller and MBAM No programs are visible in my Start Menu - and selecting quot All programs quot leads me to programfolders that appears to be empty I ve taken a screen cap and uploaded it to webpicasa to illustrate the problem first my Start menu https picasaweb google com lh photo ZrQTYnHUaVtfoyVqhRsReVc TomIFIEllGBmsggUKVI feat directlinkSecondly how the programs seem to be empty quot tom quot Danish meaning quot empty quot https picasaweb google com lh photo Fr- cJ p tT TVGuSQ S c TomIFIEllGBmsggUKVI feat directlinkI googled quot Start menu empty quot which led me to bleepingcomputer com and this suggestion This is a manual fix for Vista Windows users Copy the entire content of this folder C Users user name AppData Local Temp smtmp and paste it to this folder C Program Data Start Menu Copy the entire content of this folder C Users user name AppData Local Temp smtmp and paste it to this folder C Users user name AppData Roaming Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch Copy the entire content of this folder C Users user name AppData Local Temp smtmp and paste it to this folder C Users user-name AppData Roaming Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch User Pinned TaskBar Copy the entire content of this folder C Users user name AppData Local Temp smtmp and paste it to this folder C Program Data Desktop -- Note The quot Start Menu quot quot Quick Launch quot and quot Desktop quot folders are system folders In order to see them you need to Reconfigure Windows to show hidden files folders In Windows Explorer go to Tools gt Folder Options and click on the View tab Under Advanced settings gt Files and Folders gt Hidden Files and Folders uncheck quot Hide Protected operating system Files recommended quot and hit Apply gt OK In order to access the quot Start Menu quot folder you may need to quot take ownership quot of that folder as shown here If the above does not work then you can restore the defaults for the Start Menu and Administrative Tools as follows Windows Restore Default Shortcuts in Start Menu All Programs Vista Restore Default Shortcu... Read more

A:Virus removal left Start Menu and programs empty, unable to gain ownership and fix the problem

Hello,I will be helping you with your problemsPlease do the following:Step 1Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Step 2Please download Farbar Service Scanner to your Desktop and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Step 3Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Step 4Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes'
Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449475/virus-removal-left-start-menu-and-programs-empty-unable-to-gain-ownership-and-fix-the-problem/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, i am so incredibly frustrated. I just got a new laptop computer today. it came with vista preinstalled. i HATE Vista--had it on another computer and would like to install my windows xp-professional version. I do have the xp cd--full installation--not upgrade cd. please, will someone tell me how to do this and talk to me like i'm a 2 year old? I tried looking it up and it says something about partitions or something. I don't know what the heck that is or how to do it. but if someone would be so kind as to provide step by step instructions for me, i know i can do it! please tell me what needs to be done.

can anyone help? Please?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there experts My son clicked something a hijacker with of removal virus Win7 after Help removal security few days ago giving us the Win security virus I followed the directions here and removed it with malwarebytes Everything was running smoothly Today I get home and see that my browsers all of them firefox chrome are being redirected When they are being redirected my McAfee detects a virus and removes it yet it continues to happen After much reading here and on other computer boards there seems to be something leftover from that virus that isn t always detected From what I ve read there s a possibility there s a virus in the MBR I do not have a Windows disc as this came pre-installed nor do I have a recovery disc All advice points towards running combofix although all that advice comes saying DO NOT RUN combofix unless instructed to do so by a professional Well You guys are the professionals so here I am You re my last resort to getting this fixed sans taking it into a shop which I m REALLY trying to avoid I do work a full time job so my responses may not be immediate but I will check daily or multiple times daily when I can and follow your directions if you can Help with removal of hijacker after Win7 security virus removal and are willing to help Thanks in advance Beachy

A:Help with removal of hijacker after Win7 security virus removal

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432133/help-with-removal-of-hijacker-after-win7-security-virus-removal/
Relevancy 44.29%

I had a Trojan virus that was redirecting my google searches. I thought I removed it but I keep getting this security alert for every single website. I am not computer saavy. I'm sure I messed something up when I installed the trojan removal software. Can someone look and see? I am not able to access my bank info or my work email because of the security changes I made.

Nevermind, after running combofix, everything has been great. Thanks!

A:Website Redirect, Malware Removal Installed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
hlp.dat
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
explorer.exe
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358061/website-redirect-malware-removal-installed/
Relevancy 44.29%

Son received a Bogus POP up AV Anti-Virus screen after going to a site deemed OK by friends Suspect he got hit with a drive-by install from removal AV Drive removed installed/partially By an quot Ad quot Was able to find the program using MSCONFIG and removed the running of the program Also renamed the file with an extension of quot XXXX quot rather than quot exe quot Still have the file for analysis if needed Have run MalwareBytes Malware removal it found a couple of items in the Drive By AV removal installed/partially removed registry related to the AV installation and removed them Have run the MalwareBytes program until it was clean Son does a lot of on-line gaming PANDO was installed it has been removed I have run DDS Log file below as well as Hijackthis logfile below and Attach txt file attached Installed GMER per your instruction thread however it aborts when trying to run and reboots the system I have tried to use System Restore to get back Registry but it will not restore always fails When Booting up the PC o The DHCP Client does not start so the network will not connect Have to start it manually o The Themes Service does not start so I have to start that manually o Speaker control does not show up and the quot RealTek HD Audio Monitor quot indicates that quot No Mixer quot is installed W o While There is no quot sound quot from the speakers the quot RealTek HD Audio Monitor quot can produce the test sounds and we can hear them through the speaker o The network seems to work ok but the quot Workgroup quot is MSHOME rather than quot WORKGROUP quot which is what it was before System seems ok for about mins but then starts acting flaky Programs like Notebook won t start can t get to quot properties quot on My Computer Task manager will not start Machine SpecificsOS Name Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalVersion Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Name VI-M YSystem Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model EW AV-ABA m ySystem Type X -based PCProcessor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel MhzProcessor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel MhzBIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot User Name VI-M Y ViTime Zone Pacific Daylight TimeTotal Physical Memory MBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sys----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DDS TxtDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Vi at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPServiceC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC ... Read more

A:Drive By AV removal installed/partially removed

Hello and Welcome to BleepingcomputerPlease note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319896/drive-by-av-removal-installedpartially-removed/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was having strange proglems removal problems installed disc, keylogger by with my computer for weeks Decided to investigate C drive Found new folder opened it After reading all files I could open I realized this program had changed values invaded every where it possibly could Keylogger installed by a family member is what it turns out to keylogger installed by disc, removal problems be I keylogger installed by disc, removal problems contacted an expert the next day He did not take the time to read the files I printed out from this program He did try several remover programs on disc and flash drive Nothing worked He suggested I reformat the hard drive and reinstall OS I did that When same problems started happening I realized the reformat had been blocked or stopped somehow I had not re-entered my email addresses after reformat but autocomplete was working anyway If this is the case that tells me the hard drive was not reformatted Which of course means keylogger is still here After reading several files to my expert he realized my entire operating system is involved all ports are open and likened the situation to blowing out all the doors and windows of my house and taking the roof off I have no bank accounts or credit cards and cannot pay online for keylogger removal programs as suggested by some helpful folks at another forum My expert says we need to find a way to change every byte into a zero on hard drive to fix this Any ideas Thanks for reading Pavillion n XP home Kaspersky internet security downloads drivers fixes re-installed

A:keylogger installed by disc, removal problems

My expert says we need to find a way to change every byte into a zero on hard drive to fix [email protected] - Free version:http://www.killdisk.com/I would also suggest to look at the keyboard connection at the back of the computer for a small adapter-like box.That can also be used for a hardware keylogger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260446/keylogger-installed-by-disc-removal-problems/
Relevancy 44.29%

I use a Lenovo y to virus to to scans pick... my get when virus computer seems HDD it and library copy a I import iTunes, music crippling my but My laptop on Windows -bit Currently my computer is not infected because I reinstalled the OS from backup discs but I d like to figure out what is wrong with the files or which ones are infected instead of losing my whole library When I just copy the files mostly mp s with some mp s and My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... flacs from my iPod classic or external HDD to my computer my computer runs fine But when I import them into iTunes or another media player my computer starts to occasionally lock up and become unresponsive This becomes worse over time until the computer can t be used in anything but safe mode and I My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... have to restore from my backup discs I ve run My computer seems to get a crippling virus when I copy my music library to my HDD and import it to iTunes, but virus scans pick... Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes and boot-time Avast scans on my computer and these files and none of them pick up anything Does anyone know what the problem is and if I can resolve it without losing all my files

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481085/my-computer-seems-to-get-a-crippling-virus-when-i-copy-my-music-library-to-my-hdd-and-import-it-to-itunes-but-virus-scans-pick-up-nothing/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I'd like to set up some pseudo drives - without using any tweaking applications - on my Windows 7 RC 7100.

Thanks,
S

A:Pseudo Drive

Can you be a little more specific? do you want to map directories to drive letters, or do you want virtual device drives?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/15218-pseudo-drive.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi HJT Team,

I have no idea what any of this means I have been helped by Mark who has told me it's time to sne my issue to the HJT Team. Please fine my HJT report below.

I really wanted to say Thank You to everyone who has taken their time to help us all out. I am pretty angry. I thought I had done everything I could to keep my computer free of all virus/malware, but I guess I not.

Thank You Again.

A:Pseudo HJT Report HELP

Hello

Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

Before we can continue, please post a fresh DSS log back here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222642/pseudo-hjt-report-help/
Relevancy 44.29%

mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe EB lt No Name Pseudo HJT Report gt D D - BD - -A -CFC A - LocalServer - lt no file gt EB lt No Name Pseudo HJT Report gt D D - BD - -A -CFC A - LocalServer - lt no file gt uRun AdobeBridge lt no Pseudo HJT Report file gt uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableLUA dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword mPolicies-System disablecad dword mPolicies-System dontdisplaylockeduserid dword mPolicies-System HideFastUserSwitching dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE IE Se amp nd to OneNote - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll IE Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm IE Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll IE FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - FFFDC -B - AE -AB - D B - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll IE EA Pseudo HJT Report C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - EA C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - IE CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm DPF E F D -DD C- D - D- A ADF B - hxxps juniper net dana-cached setup JuniperSetupSP cab DPF F D - C - C -AC E-D B A F - hxxps juniper net dana-cached sc JuniperSetupClient cab TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces C- D - CFA- CD - EFC DHCPNameServer TCP Interfaces C- D - CFA- CD - EFC D E F F F DHCPNameServer TCP Interfaces C- D - CFA- CD - EFC D F DHCPNameServer TCP Interfaces DEF D- D F- -A CC-E E FAAD C DHCPNameServer TCP Interfaces A D - EE- E-A - F C D DHCPNameServer Filter text xml - E - - D -A - B D E - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared OFFICE MSOXMLMF DLL Handler osf - D BDC -C A- BD - D - A D - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSB DLL Handler skypec c - -D - E -B - B B A - SSODL WebCheck - lt orphaned gt LSA Authentication Packages msv ncv LSA Notification Packages scecli iPrntWinCredMan mASetup A D -D - c-AFF -A D E F - C Program Files x Google Chrome Application Installer chrmstp exe --configure-user-settings --verbose-logging --system-level --multi-install --chrome x -mSearch Page www google com x -mDefault Search URL www google com x -BHO Skype for Business Browser Helper D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OCHelper dll x -BHO Skype Click to Call for Internet Explorer AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer x skypeieplugin dll x -BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL x -BHO Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper D E A- B - AE-A AA-ABA DBD BF - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL x -Run MSC c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey x -Run NWTRAY C Program Files x Novell Client nwtray exe x -Run iPrint Tray C Windows System iprntctl exe TRAY ICON x -Run iPrint Event Monitor C Windows System iprntlgn exe x -Run SysTrayApp C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe x -Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Program Files Broadcom Broadcom WLTRAY exe x -Run IgfxTray C Windows System igfxtray exe x -Run HotKeysCmds C Windows System hkcmd exe x -Run Persistence C Windows System igfxpers exe x -Run SynTPEnh C Program Files x Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe x -Run AdobeAAMUpdater- C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA UpdaterStartupUtility exe x -IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll x -IE D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OCHelper dll x -IE FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - FFFD... Read more

A:Pseudo HJT Report

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.==========Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.How to attach a file to your reply:In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.Attach the file.Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.Click the file you wish to Attach.Click the Add reply button.===Please post the logs.Let me know what problems persists. <- important.===p.s.HijackThis is no longer supported.I suggest your remove it Using the Add/Remove programs applet.Use the Farbar tool from now on to report problems.<<<>>>

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607539/pseudo-hjt-report/
Relevancy 43.86%

Since the ComboFix will not run on Vista or Windows 7 64-bit, I have to look for new malware/virus removal apps... It was good while it lasted. So what tools do people use for Vista these days when the computer says: "WARNING! YOURS COMPUTER IS AN INFECTED BY HARMFUL VIRUS!!!!"

A:64-Bit Virus Removal & Malware Removal Tools?

64-bit Anti-Virus:List of 64-bit Anti-Virus For VistaAnti-virus protection in 64-bit environmentsFree Anti-virus:avast! Free Antivirus Avira AntiVir Personal - Free AntivirusAVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.5Microsoft Security EssentialsPanda Cloud AntivirusKingsoft Free Antivirus (Cloud Scan)Paid for Anti-virus:NOD32 Anti-Virus PersonalMcAfee AntiVirus PlusTrend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpywareNorman Antivirus & AntispywareCA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware64-bit Anti-Malware tools:Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareSUPERAntiSpywareKaspersky Virus Removal Tool - How to install and use documentationSpyware TerminatorWindows Defender (64-bit)PrevxSpybot S&DAd-AwareNorman Malware CleanerSunbelt Counterspy (free Trial)Comodo BOClean Anti-MalwareSophos Anti-rootkitSanityCheck Advanced Rootkit and Malware DetectorESET Online Antiivirus ScannerESET SysInspectorAnVir Task Manager FreeWinPatrolStart with these:How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computerHow to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354915/64-bit-virus-removal-malware-removal-tools/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I m not playing word games here A month or two ago I downloaded and ran the quot Kaspersky virus removal tool quot It found problems the other programs were missing I followed directions and Program Tool removal Removal Virus let it remove the problems My big mistake was in keeping the program on the desktop to try again sometime At some point WinUtilities or Virus Removal Tool Program removal Ashampoo Winoptimizer removed the Uninstall made by Kaspersky for this tool The virus removal tool is not listed as a program on Revo Advanced Removal tool or windows It won t click to delete but I feel it s a program so maybe it shouldn t It contains MB amp files Looking in permissions security of this quot program quot I seem to be lacking quot Special Permission quot I m afraid to tinker with permissions I would appreciate sincere simple step by step help I tried reinstalling a new Kas virus removal tool and then uninstalling it Got rid of the new one didn t touch the problem Thanks

A:Virus Removal Tool Program removal

Try this tool at your discretion*. The utility should pick up on any remaining traces of the program and display it on its list for removal.* The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs. Caution is advised.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399436/virus-removal-tool-program-removal/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
Just noticed an extension called BloCKUTubeAd   3.2 in my Chrome extensions.
Must have installed via third party.  It has the "Enabled" checkmark which cannot be disabled, no trashcan to delete.
I found a similar name program and uninstalled, cleared APP DATA after uninstalling Chrome.
Ran Ccleaner, SpyBot, reinstalled Chrome, reset Chrome, extension is still there.
Help, please?
Thanks.

A:Chrome Extension "installed by enterprise policy" removal, please?

Wish I could help, I would have done nearly all of what you did.  I'm rusty. Be patient, someone here can help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523188/chrome-extension-installed-by-enterprise-policy-removal-please/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all
I can't understand why we keep getting updates for MS's software Malicious removal tool once MSE has been installed since it deprecates that piece of software -- or at least I thought it did.

Is it used in the MSE Engine or what is its purpose once MSE is installed and working.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Malicious software removal tool updates even when MSE installed

Quote:
Because computers can appear to function normally when infected, it's a good idea to run this tool regularly even if your computer seems to be fine. You should also use up-to-date antivirus software, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, to help protect your computer from other malware.

Source

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/196825-malicious-software-removal-tool-updates-even-when-mse-installed.html
Relevancy 43.86%

how to download and install correct driver for teredo pseudo

A:teredo tunneling pseudo

Hi there,

I googled "Teredo Pseudo" and it looks like it has something to do with IPv6. May I ask, what is your computer issue?

Are you getting an error with the "Teredo Pseudo" included in the error? Is your computer a laptop or a desktop computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/teredo-tunneling-pseudo-1157601.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Pseudo Realtek HDA Driver sneaked into my system, audio system down. How can I delete realtek HDA from Registry then  to reinstall a new driver, thanks.  

A:Pseudo HD Audio Driver (4.27) R2.79

to Bleeping Computer Community heaveste  We need some hardware snapshot and information from your system. Please follow the instructions below. Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size, List Devices then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590487/pseudo-hd-audio-driver-427-r279/
Relevancy 43.86%

Are there any particular rules you have to follow when writing pseudo code, syntax-wise?

Or is it just so you can get your point across?