Windows Support Forum

Toshiba HDD circuit board

Q: Toshiba HDD circuit board

Hi I have been having problems with my hdd s circuit board on my dell d I aint sure what happen I think it Toshiba circuit HDD board was just my bad luck Anyways I was wondering if its possible of saving the HDD by switching the board with one of the same model boughten brand new off the internet Also I forgot to mention that I put a master password Bios password also applied but thats not a problem since I am able to enter my password on the hdd so no could get into it without my consent just in case it got stolen I am just wondering if that will screw anything up with the new circuit board The name and model of the hdd is Toshiba Toshiba HDD circuit board MK GAX I hope someone can give Toshiba HDD circuit board me some advice on this topic because I don t want to wast my money which ever way I go buy a new hdd or just a circuit board Please respond and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba HDD circuit board

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Toshiba HDD circuit board

Come on people, just don't let me hang. I need something, thoughts, ideas, and/or anything else. I just don't want to leave with nothing...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-hdd-circuit-board.147872/
Relevancy 25.37%

O.P.
this post was edited
Hi....
My laptop: toshiba satellite l550 ... The part no. Is PSLWSA-01000Q

Problem: let me give you an overview of my laptop.... It was very slow until recently I did a system restore ... It is a laptop with fans that rev all the time and has the ability to overheat and shutoff once the laptop gets to about 105 degrees celsius.
My problem today is that I cannot boot the computer past the BIOS ... all the components within the boot menu fail to boot... These consist of in order of my boot settings.

1. P1-Toshiba MK5055GSX
2. P4-MASHITADVDRAM UJ890AS
3. Floppy
4. Realtek Boot Agent
When I clicked to try boot the Realtek Boot Agent an error message came up https://www.dropbox.com/s/1unhqan3mrszmlt/2015-07-19 18.08.14.jpg?dl=0

When I press enter on each of these in the boot menu the tells me the part has failed. Please Help me I would like to fix this issue.

A:Toshiba Satellite L550 problem

I am planning to buy a new LT but I'm not quiet sure what's the best one. What is good about Toshiba?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l550-problem.216719/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have been experiencing this battery in drain but plugged L745 Toshiba charging says to continues problem for quite a while now Whenever I plug in my laptop while it Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain s in use the power and battery LED lights would suddenly turn red and start blinking Whenever that happens my battery will say it s quot Plugged in charging quot though the battery percentage continues to go down and my Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain laptop would eventually warn Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain me about having my power being to low and is need of charging I have to remove the ac plug then put it back again for it to stop though it will come back again and I would repeat the process until it s fully charged The battery still works and charges it does not even drain that fast except when I m doing some heavy work that is in need to consume more power Also I have already tried using it without the battery attached and it still works Though recently it blacked out when I was playing C I ve been playing on it for hours at most I thought that the reason this happens is because the laptop stops receiving any electricity power but I don t know which is at fault Can you please give me any idea of what may be wrong It s really starting to annoy me nbsp

A:Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain

I would suggest that you replace that battery, especially if it is over a year old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l745-says-plugged-in-charging-but-battery-continues-to-drain.187328/
Relevancy 29.24%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello I m posting this question along with a PDF explaining what I d like to do in terms of upgrading my Toshiba Satellite e -a My questions are I One or more of my USB ports are USB How do I determine which are USB and which are high-speed USB II Is there any reason that my BIOS won t allow me to upgrade from my current TB HDD to a TB HDD I just bought and received in the mail III What s the best way for me to clone my current TB HDD onto my new TB HDD I have a number of Disk utility apps on my computer already but if you recommend something else I ll use it instead Once it s cloned do I have to do anything special in order to get it to work Or can I simply swap out the HDDs and it My Laptop Upgrading Satellite Toshiba e55-a5114 ll boot right up If I m planning on cloning my current Windows and putting some Linux distros on it in what order should I clone amp install IV Can I add more RAM to my laptop even though the official website about my Toshiba Laptop specifically says MEMORY GB Upgrading My Toshiba Satellite e55-a5114 Laptop DDR L MHz Memory is not user replaceable If that s just an idle warning how much RAM can this computer take What s the upper-limit to the amount of RAM How much would you recommend that would give a boost to speed but also inexpensive and made by a trustworthy V I m going to make this new HD HDD run multiple OSes including Windows and - Linux distros How much space should I reserve for each Linux distro s mountpoints If I make one partition and label it as home will all my Linux distros be able to use it I d really like to have quite a few different Linux OSes on this computer because I want to learn how to use it better Here s the link to the PDF with much more information about my laptop as well as all my questions about making this upgrade work as quickly and painlessly as possible http bit ly e -upgrade Thanks a lot Yours Ev nbsp

A:Upgrading My Toshiba Satellite e55-a5114 Laptop

koesherbacon said:

My questions are:

I. One or more of my USB ports are USB 3.0. How do I determine which are USB 2.0 and which are high-speed USB 3.0?Click to expand...

not hard, but mapping which slot on the box is v2 - v3 was my issue

II. Is there any reason that my BIOS won?t allow me to upgrade from my current 1TB HDD to a 2TB HDD I just bought and received in the mail?Click to expand...

that would work BUT you need a fresh install and don't forget the system drivers

III. What?s the best way for me to clone my current 1TB HDD onto my new 2TB HDD? I have a number of Disk utility apps on my computer already, but if you recommend something else, I?ll use it instead. Once it?s cloned, do I have to do anything special in order to get it to work? Or can I simply swap out the HDDs and it?ll boot right up? If I'm planning on cloning my current Windows 8.1 and putting some Linux distros on it, in what order should I clone & install?Click to expand...

This solves the prior question - - clone it. I would clone anyway possible and after the fact, resize the C: partition

IV. Can I add more RAM to my laptop even though the official website about my Toshiba Laptop specifically says ?MEMORY: 6GB DDR3L 1600MHz (Memory is not user replaceable)? If that?s just an idle warning, how much RAM can this computer take? What?s the upper-limit to the amount of RAM? How much would you recommend that would give a boost to speed but also inexpensive and made by a trustworthy?Click to expand...

not user replaceable means what it says - - it's sodered to the MB and there may not even be slots for memory

V. I?m going to make this new 2HD HDD run multiple OSes including Windows 8.1 and 1-4 Linux distros. How much space should I reserve for each Linux distro?s mountpoints? If I make one partition and label it as ?/home?, will all my Linux distros be able to use it? I?d really like to have quite a few different Linux OSes on this computer because I want to learn how to use it better!
Remember, you can only have FOUR primary extensions and within one you can have several Logical Prtns. Most Linux distros have a bootable CD to try-it before you install.
Saves lots of work and time Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-toshiba-satellite-e55-a5114-laptop.213526/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an lap top toshiba satellite c660 with both usb ports phisicaly damaged and after replacement they didnt worked , I mentioned betwen externel pins existe power 0,5 mA but middle pins I m not sure if they work,what should I do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c660-usb-ports.213198/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

A:Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fmuph2-hdd-cable-issue-toshiba-portege-r500.207530/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am working on a Toshiba L750 laptop with Windows 7, it was booting to the desktop for a few seconds and then turning off, if I boot into safe mode it works fine. Thinking it was software related I am in the process of reloading the software using the recovery partition software but it seems to be now doing the same now it loading the various programs on top of windows.
Any suggestions gladly received.

A:Toshiba laptop turning off but OK when in safe mode.

I would suspect the graphic card driver, or that the screen resolution is set too high.
Safe mode boots the pc with the minimum, but working MS drivers.
You could try safe mode, then device manager, and uninstall the graphic card driver. Then do a normal boot .
Windows should fall back to a reliable MS driver running in SVGA mode, or just above that. It should be stable.
I would also run 'sfc /scannow', to try to correct any simple Windows O/S problems.
Best source for the drivers would be Toshiba's site.
( Of course it could also be overheating but not if it's fine in safe mode.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-turning-off-but-ok-when-in-safe-mode.206427/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am getting a clicking noise, but it is purely audio based, I have razer kraken pro 7.1's, and a stereo with a headphone jack conector and the harman Kardon speakers that came on my laptop. No matter which audio out put I choose, it still makes this almost metronome clicking.
I checked a lot of different settings, but cant find anything wrong?
Does anyone have any ideas what it is?
Please let me know if you have had or are having a similar problem.

Thanks

A:My Toshiba is making a clicking noise through audio out put

Could be a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-is-making-a-clicking-noise-through-audio-out-put.205782/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have Toshiba satellite model C875?7304. The battery indicator on the desktop says that it's charging but the percentage is depleting. This is on a brand-new battery that came with 67% full and a new adapter. When the laptop is off the LED indicator in the front is lit like the battery is charging. However it is not. After leaving it plugged in for a few hours the percentage was the same as when I turned it off. Also the adapter wasn't warm at all. I've tried all Toshibas recommendations removing all power from the laptop and holding the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute. Also removing the battery for the bios and reinserting it. Still that hasn't worked. I removed the laptop battery and the laptop will not power on using AC power only. It's almost like the laptop is only using battery power and the adapter is not charging the battery or keeping the laptop on. Laptops only about a year old. Any suggestions anyone?

A:Toshiba satellite charging but not charging

As the laptop's only a year old the original battery should be fine and not need replacing. Also if it won't run from the AC power only something is wrong. Look for your receipt and if it's still under guarantee take the laptop back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-charging-but-not-charging.205166/
Relevancy 25.37%

OS and Restore working good now , but can't create a Media Disk or activate the Factory Restore option...says drive is locked or missing? its there!

A:8.1 X64 on Toshiba C855-S5122 Laptop

Win 8.1 Dose not create a recovery disk. It creates a recovery flash drive. If you need to recover your Laptop. You can still use the factory reset .
FAQ :: How do I reset my computer back to factory default state (System Recovery)? :: Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8-1-x64-on-toshiba-c855-s5122-laptop.205047/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Frnds

I hav a Toshiba 1 TB external HDD. It was working fyn till today. Now it is not showing in My Computer or Disk Management. It does make the sound when I connect or disconnect it from the laptop. and the HDD light remains on.

Please advise how to fix this

Thanks

A:Toshiba external USB hard drive not detected in any laptop

Go under the Device Manager and uninstall all the USB Controllers then reboot your PC don't connect the 1 TB just yet. Make sure nothing is connect to those ports like a keyboard or mouse otherwise they'll lockup. Once rebooted Windows will rebuild the table for USB Controllers. Now you should be all set. Unless you have some sort of conflict with IRQ or Registry setting. There is a free app called USBDVIEW what you would do is disconnect from all non-disconnected USB devices that are stored on the PC these settings can cause all sort of issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-external-usb-hard-drive-not-detected-in-any-laptop.173740/
Relevancy 28.38%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all,

So I managed to drop my laptop Satellite C870 - 15K to the floor. It cracked my screen (see attached) so I'm thinking of replacing the screen myself. However before I purchase the screen I wanted to make sure the laptop is still working.

When I try to connect it to my TV through HDMI to verify if the laptop is still function I get no image. I thought maybe it's in standby mode or something so I removed the battery and tried again without luck. When I start up the laptop it sounds normal but I don't hear any windows sound or anything. Any advice on how to continue?

A:Broken Toshiba LCD screen

Pull off the bottom access panel(s) and make sure the memory and hard drive are seated properly by removing them and re-installing them. It is also possible that the broken screen is shorting out the motherboards video. Try connecting the TV after you remove the LCD panel. One more thought... you have pressed the proper F key to activate the external video port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-toshiba-lcd-screen.203601/
Relevancy 29.67%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello hello This is my first post so apologies if I do anything incorrectly I have an old Satellite Toshiba down shutting Toshiba Satellite which is old and crotchety so I decided to take the chance to play with it with the intention of fixing it up a bit and passing it on to someone else who could use Toshiba Satellite shutting down a computer I uninstalled lots of things cleaned it up Toshiba Satellite shutting down - all good I took it apart gave it a good clean - all good apart from when I took the screen off both of the hinges were snapped at the bottom and just fell apart when I lifted it up So I ordered some new hinges they arrived this morning I put them in put Toshiba Satellite shutting down the laptop back together and turned it on All seems well and good EXCEPT - it has now started shutting itself down It s not a battery problem because the battery hasn t been in it yet At first I thought it was something I had done to the screen because it did it when I was tilting the screen but I have since realised that it s when I touch the touch-pad or indeed anywhere along the front underneath the keyboard It seems to be fine - as long as I don t touch it Have I done something heinous to the laptop or can I sort this out I really hope I haven t killed it Side note - I blame PC World for so many things they are the only people who ve had their paws on it in the past and there are a few screws missing no - I didn t lose them a couple of screws that are the wrong size and the hinge screws are too big one of which as I was screwing it back in shredded the groves I think cause now it just turns and turns before I bust a gasket with this if anyone has any tips as to how to get this screw back out again I d appreciate that too Thank you VERY much in advance for any help nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite shutting down

..."I took it apart, gave it a goo d clean"...Did you remove the CPU fan(s) or heat-sink assembly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-shutting-down.199905/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I run Windows Pro SP- -Bit with a ASRock P PRO B MoBo that has Toshiba 3TB All MBR? Partitioned As a UEFI BIOS My C D and E partitions are on a GB NTFS SSD with a MBR I installed Toshiba 3TB Partitioned As All MBR? Windows on a pre-partitioned SSD so no hidden quot System Partition quot I installed a Toshiba PH U- I TB HDD that is Advanced Format e and is properly quot Aligned quot using the Toshiba provided utility The PH U- I is used as storage only on partitions quot F quot thru quot M quot set as MBR and working perfectly I bought a Toshiba PH U- I TB HDD that is also Advanced Format e to replace the TB I know that TBers can t utilize the full capacity in MBR and must be set as GPT to do so BTW I would make partitions NTFS and one small FAT I use Norton s Ghost weekly and it has issues with GPT I proceeded to contact various partitioning cloning software companies to see if their products could be used in place of Ghost The partial exchange below is between TeraByte Unlimited and me TBU quot If your new drive uses K sector sizes you wouldn t need to have a GPT quot Me Please elaborate BTW This is what my present Toshiba TB looks like TBU If you expose the K sector size and not the emulated normal byte sector size you can use an MBR and use the entire space up to TiB xFFFFFFFF xFFFFFFFF Me With what software and what is the procedure to go about doing this Can it be done via a Bootable CD or must it be done in Windows with just my SSD and empty TB connected TBU It would be a drive feature option typically using a jumper The BIOS would also have to support the larger sizes too so it doesn t crash reading larger sectors a modern BIOS should be able to handle it My hunt for answers from Toshiba is a lost cause as their support is a TOTAL joke and does NOT offer E-Mail support So I m here to find out if this quot exposing the K sector size quot can indeed be done to my PH U- I and if so EXACTLY how to go about doing it Also are there any shortcomings to having the Toshiba quot exposing the K sector size quot using partitions NTFS and one small FAT Thanks in advance for any help you can be Big Al nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-3tb-partitioned-as-all-mbr.198767/
Relevancy 24.94%

I had to format and re-install Windows XP on a Satellite A105-S4201 Laptop. I installed XP, and updated to SP3. The brightness control no longer works using Fn+F6/F7 (or any other way for that matter). It was working before the format.
I tried a couple of different Common Modules installs. This one: tc00324000b (version 6.07.03) won't even install. Gave me error message, "TVALG Driver installation has failed". And this one: SPA210 TCommon Modules-XP (version 1.00.06) installed, and had me restart, but when I tried to install the hotkey utilities afterward, it said "TOSHIBA Common Module not found! This setup will terminate." Also, I have the latest BIOS version installed (v 6.0)
Any ideas?

A:Fn Brightness Control lost, Toshiba Laptop

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-brightness-control-lost-toshiba-laptop.197580/
Relevancy 29.67%

After my brother sprayed it with glass cleaner.my laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.
thanks

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-key-board-is-messed-up.196547/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello guyz.
I transfer my desktop PC into a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 .
recently I need strongly to record stream internet sounds.
I used "sony sound forge" and "system recorder" and another known programs but I can't reach to my destination.
recorded sounds quality is very low because this files recorded with microphone and I didn't want this.
my laptop soundcard has no "line in" or something related with this .
(in winxp with my pc I record my files with "LINE In" a lot of times".)
Now , how I can record stream files such as songs or other with best quality with a trick or program?

A:Line in recording problem in Toshiba laptop

Hi,
I know its a long time ago, but I have the same problem - did you get any response to this post and were you able to fix this issue?
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-recording-problem-in-toshiba-laptop.184408/
Relevancy 25.8%

i have a serious problem with Serious laptop problem Toshiba my with my toshiba laptop model no L ST which i owned for over years now the problem come during start up when i m about to start my laptop with ac power only i noticed that the power supply LED is falshing and i hear sound of cooling fan also and Serious problem with my Toshiba laptop suddenly it went off and on and repeatly doing that but when i try using the battery only it work just fine and it never freeze Serious problem with my Toshiba laptop or hang up so the situation is i had to start my laptop using the battery first and after all loading up i plug it with power cord Serious problem with my Toshiba laptop after a few times of trying after few days i had send my laptop for repair since it already passed the warranty period the tech guy told me that i had a problem with my motherboard i e shortcircut motherboard but i not so sure because everytime when my laptop working fine i was able to play games like counterstrike and warcraft without hang or freeze and i test all my hardware such DVD drive card reader USB ports and wireless ports all working just fine even i post this massage using this laptop if someone can tell me any advise or opinion regarding this i really appreciate this thing only happen during start up all the rest just fine nbsp

A:Serious problem with my Toshiba laptop

Sometimes that Toshiba model has the "Jack" for the power plug disconnected ,or broken away,from the system board and must be soldered back on. It is a "flat soldering technique" that few can do... so look for a repair shop or a skilled electronics guy who really knows his solder. The solder must be applied with a special soldering iron that is instant on and instant off... causing very high heat that allows the solder to flow under the jack quickly like water would do.

There are not many technicians good at it, and those that are not good at it can make it worse and unrepairable... So the cost is high, and sometimes it is simply easier to replace the system board.

Of course it could be another issue, but we see this on a lot of Toshiba and Sony laptops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-problem-with-my-toshiba-laptop.150992/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey I just found this thread today a665d-s5172 Toshiba satellite I ll try to keep this post short Got a laptop that had obviusly been dropped for Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 free but it s a toshiba satellite a d-s so I wasnt going t turn it down worst case a free Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 blue ray player right well it had windows on it but none of the drivers having anything to Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 do with network connection worked and there were still personal files on it so I decided I would use this as a windows machine Installed windows pro worked fine for about a day or two until I installed an update and ever since then the hdd C has been at and the one thing that I found that helps is disabling the DVD BRD drive in device manager this doesnt fix the problem completely but the average usage of the disc went from showing as to between - even when nothing is open and the actually usage still only adds up to about - I will post screen shots later after I get the machine to let me take them before it freezes also the cpu and memory are at and wile this problem happens so I think it s the same problem that a lot of people have after using windows for a bit nbsp

A:Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172

Any updates on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a665d-s5172.193660/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi everyone please help...
my Toshiba external hard disc also facing the same problem can not recognize, and once to plug in the message pomp out as below:-
"USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message"
Can someone help in kind please.. thanks all..

A:Toshiba external hard disk

Yeah Reine, my older Passport drive will do that too sometimes cause the data cable is a bit finicky. I'd just unplug the external and power it down. Wait a few, then plug it back up to USB and power it back on. If that dont work, throw in a computer reboot, before u start messing with driver uninstalls and such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-external-hard-disk.194541/
Relevancy 25.37%

HELLO.... im tracy I need help my toshiba satellite a215 has ydtuv is compressed and wont boot can u

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a215-problem.194506/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 24.08%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, I've been recently attempting to recover data from several old laptop hard drives (old as in ranging from 1-4 years) the most promising old drive which is about 3 years now has now decided to be less promising. It will show up in the BIOS and Windows (7) explorer for about 2 minutes before disappearing and and then reappearing another 2 minutes later. It is making very gentle ticks now and then but that's all. I know it still has most of the data I need on it to recover as I've managed to keep the harddrive in a sort of stasis long enough to run data recover software to preview some of the before it cuts out again. Could someone please help me diagnose this problem preferably without referring me to some data recovery company of course. Thankyou

A:Trouble with Toshiba Hard drive

Hey FieryDove. A ticking sound that wasn't always there during normal drive operation is an indication that something is mechanically wrong with the drive, and no software can fix a mechanical problem. I would save whatever data you can ASAP when the drive is visible then trash it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-toshiba-hard-drive.193095/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey all Getting no replies on a few other forums and I see we have a few board-level repairmen on here So worth a try eh Schematics are here ftp helpedia com pub temp uploads ala borbe Toshiba Toshiba Satellite L D - INVENTEC PS A - A - REV X Sec pdf I have an L Powers no POST Isn t the NEC Tokin cap problem because this version of the board doesn t have one All voltages are present that I can see - checked every single test pad on it V S L300 readings POST - inc. multimeter + no Toshiba schematics V A V S V A V S etc etc are all working CPU SB NB and Winbond chip all warm up like they should Very strong sulfurous smell a bit like BO is coming Toshiba L300 no POST - schematics + multimeter readings inc. from the board around the v regs that are linked to the Winbond chip It s absolutely horrid around this area C different area of the board is slightly blackened but appears to be charging discharging okay and volts going through it are all fine C doesn t seem to be discharging in one direction - but it s in parallel with some resistors so maybe it s a false positive Some odd readings around the BIOS chip but I have yet to confirm Cheers nbsp

A:Toshiba L300 no POST - schematics + multimeter readings inc.

Sounds like hard drive is corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l300-no-post-schematics-multimeter-readings-inc.193087/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've been having these problems for maybe 3 days. First thing was it took longer for my computer to boot up now whenever I finally able to logg in either my icons on my desktop disappear with my start menu and the appearance of my start menu and other stuff from computer look like they are in safe mode is there anything I can do to fix my computer. I can't back up my computer to a time where it was working perfectly can anyone help me?

A:Toshiba problems maybe a virus?

Download Malwarebytes: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html and run a full scan. Tell me the results and post the scan log. This will determine if your PC has an infection.

What antivirus do you use? Can you post your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-problems-maybe-a-virus.191941/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello folks I have the exact same problem - with my satellite L D-S I am quite sure that the hdd is still ok and the ram is too Upon power on the power light turns on hdd spins up the hdd light flickers a little then it does nothing No backlight no image no error beeps either Quite disappointing as it was in sleep mode and it started doing this when I woke it up Never had a problem with it except for a loose solder connection on the power jack which I fixed about a year ago I am an electrical engineering student so I like to get some experience trying to fix this The computer is about years old phenom II triple core cpu g of memory g hdd and some sort of radeon graphics chip Worse case the graphics chip could be dead No video output from external monitor connector If you need more info I will gladly share it BTW the cpu gpu heatsink warms up as usual and the fan runs too VERY puzzling Cheers -Ben nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056 no display

The motherboard (GPU chip) is bad. The motherboard will have to be replaced. They are available on EBay usually for way under $150 daily

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l645d-s4056-no-display.191045/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have new Tosh tablet. when I swipe my finger across the screen it always leaves an irritating blue line showing the path of my swipe. Also, the top of the screen always shows coordinate info in 7 small boxes across the top of the screen. It is like it is in a graphics mode & it came out of the box this way. How do I turn that off please?

A:Toshiba Excite tablet scrolling

Have you tried a fresh restart of the tablet? Contact Toshiba support or your phone provider for additional help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-excite-tablet-scrolling.191144/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Toshiba Satellite E205, Win 7. A small icon with a picture of the touchpad keeps appearing in the middle of my screen, quickly followed by a similar one, but with a red circle. The mouse or touchpad then freezes briefly. By looking in Task Manager, Processes, I see that this is accompanied by the appearance of touchpadED.exe, which then disappears from processes. I think it started when I unplugged a USB hub with mouse and keyboard from my computer while it was still on. I removed and reinstalled the Synaptics Touchpad driver from Toshiba, ran virus scan and malware software, and cannot stop the process in Task Manager. How can I get rid of this problem??

A:Toshiba Satellite E205 touchpad issues

Try installing this: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers It may fail since Toshiba has very bad support for drivers coming from manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-e205-touchpad-issues.190597/
Relevancy 24.94%

I Have Problem With My Laptop Display "Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056"
The LCD did not display anything, I try to change with new lcd it still won't display anything,
please help me how iam suppose todo ? thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-toshiba-satellite-l645d-s4056.190476/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-power-board-on-monitor.190328/
Relevancy 43.43%

Well hello a few days ago I stumbled on my own feet and my laptop slipped out of my hands breaking the hinges until I will get LCD short cable circuit new parts I decided to still use it today while watching a movie the lid curved back a little leaving me with a white screen adjusting the lid back fixed the problem although it happened everal more times with either white or blavk screen later forgetting the hinge issue I laid it down on the table when it seemed to crash and shut itself down after turning it on again I saw a flash where the lcd cable goes and smelled LCD cable short circuit something burning now the screen is black when turned on the vent starts in about seconds and after - seconds it shuts down again the cable also LCD cable short circuit obviously looks burnt so the questions are can I fix the cable would replacing it help could the short circuit have damaged other hardware is it even a cable issue that makes the shutdowns appear I have a dell latitude e and I would love the one helping me out till I die nbsp

A:LCD cable short circuit

Have you got an external monitor/tv to plug it into to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-cable-short-circuit.189115/
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently had to replace a faulty charger, I purchased the exact same one as the original from a reputable store & even though it charged the battery fully my laptop won't run while charging unless it's at a 100% or if I run it on the battery.
It boots up fine & I can connect to the internet but I'm unable to browse the net, the timer signal just goes round & round (sorry I don't know all the technical jargon).
I returned charger to store & they replaced it but the problem is still there.
Can anyone PLEASE help? Thanks

A:Toshiba laptop won't run while charging

Does the laptop run with only the AC adapter with the battery removed? If it does, the battery may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-wont-run-while-charging.189203/
Relevancy 24.94%

Laptop won't boot. Put in installation disc in CD drive. System won't boot to CD rom. I removed the HDD, put CD in drive, it boots to CD ROM. Reinsert HDD, plug in power, no boot to splash screen or allowing access to bios. Remove HDD, boots to CD ROM...
Thoughts?

I don't understand why it won't boot to CD with disc inserted. It should boot up to CD regardless since it is first in boot order.

Disregard specs below. It's Toshiba Satellite A665 Laptop.

A:Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop won't boot

Update: I had suspected the HDD was bad. The OS did finally boot. It cannot find a HDD. Can you say Newegg?

First and last Toshiba for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a665-laptop-wont-boot.188913/
Relevancy 22.36%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-no-sound-from-front-or-rear-jacks.188180/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,
I have a problem with my toshiba drive. I bought it from Germany before three months. It worked ok, but now when I plug it in it makes a sound like a tik every second for 30 seconds then it stops for 1 minute and then again for about 20 seconds the tik noise. After that it don't appears in the auto play. When I go to device manager there is a yellow sign with an ! in it. it has the name usb mass storage device.
I don't know what to do I have about 200 GB storage on it and it is very important to me.
So if anyone knows what should I do please write me!
Thanks for reading!

A:Toshiba 500GB external drive problem

Its dead.

OR

It isn't getting enough power, I've seen that happen on connecting some externals to laptops with weak USB ports. Try it on a different computer, but if the same thing happens, you are screwed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-500gb-external-drive-problem.187763/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi we are working on a computer for a family member Windows has slowed down incredibly won't Toshiba recognized Satellite CD not different two S7802... boot, put drives... ROM in they had multiple viruses and spyware we tried to clean it off for them but decided it would be easier to just do a reinstall We have been googling going to various tech sites etc and cannot figure this out The CD drive was not recognized in Windows and wouldn t work we thought it was just part of their other computer problems Upon rebooting it won t boot from the CD ROM which is a Toshiba brand factory drive We already checked the boot order CD ROM is set first HDD second No network boot enabled So we thought the drive was bad We bought a new drive put it in same issue I find it hard to believe we got two bad drives one after the other Windows of course doesn t Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized recognize it either Both of the drives act like they can read they flash you hear them running but it doesn t show up and won t allow us to boot into anything not Windows not Linux nothing from the CD ROM It just will not boot from anything but the hard drive and no option to Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized boot from USB We are at a loss as to what to try next We tried looking for jumpers cables etc but it doesn t have them Any suggestions nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized

Dose this laptop or computer have a recovery partition?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-s7802-put-in-two-different-cd-rom-drives-wont-boot-not-recognized.187772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all Please can someone help We own a Toshiba Satalite laptop with gb HD Today whilst trying to download a file I had a warning message saying no disc space left Confused by this I looked at the computer spec to notice drives C amp D I am no IT expert but think I m correct its actually only I disc but partitioned into drives hence giving me C D drives Here s where I am lost though The C drive is almost full yet the D drive has only the original HDD recovery made when we st had the a second Toshiba my hard does Why drive Satellite have partition? laptop amp is almost empty odd gb left Why is nothing on the D drive and to free up space on the C drive how can I transfer various items from C to D Do I simply copy - paste then delete from C or is it Why does my Toshiba Satellite hard drive have a second partition? more complicated Also if I wanted to download straight to the D drive is this possible amp if so how is this carried out Hope some of you don t think the above is a bit dumb to ask but I really don t know what to look for and how to solve our usage problem other than asking for your help Many thanks in advance Mark from Hereford Uk nbsp

A:Why does my Toshiba Satellite hard drive have a second partition?

Honestly I'm kind of confused, but I'll try anyways... So you're 500GB HD is partitioned into 2 240GB partitions, correct? If this is the case the 1st one that is full is the partition where windows is located on, and is set to automatically save you're files to that partition. What you can do is move you're large files onto the D partition to make use of that space.

It can be a simple as copy/pasting you're files into that drive, or you can also set it to route anything saved to a certain file to the 2nd partition. For example, my "Downloads" folder automatically saves to my Data partition on my PC. Do do this simply go to whatever file it happens to be, right-click, properties, location, and from there click move and choose the 2nd partition. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-my-toshiba-satellite-hard-drive-have-a-second-partition.186116/
Relevancy 24.94%

Good evening, I cant afford to take my laptop to a tech so I am posting here in hope of help. I have a Toshiba satellite l755, I turn my pc this mourning on and it showed me this messege. Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
For atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.
Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
What happend to my computer? Please help

A:Toshiba Satellite l755 trying to boot from network

In the BIOS, look in the boot options and take the "other devices" or "other" out of the boot sequence.
Make sure that HDD is listed as first boot option.
This should be enough,
BUT... I would also check to see if boot from LAN is enabled.
If it is, (unless you need it for some reason) disable it.

PXE is a protocol that will enable you to boot from a network drive or server.
When it says that it failed, it is because it could not find an OS on the network.

To enter bios, watch the screens when you power on.
It will tell you the right keys to press to enter your bios setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l755-trying-to-boot-from-network.185830/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I have a toshiba laptop satellite a15-s157 and a black page comes and says 1DE number 1 error

A:Toshiba Satellite a15-s157 error

Sorry there mate, your choices in the Poll make no sense to me . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a15-s157-error.185453/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all got above named computer and it had a faulty battery as it was not holding charge when unplugged it switched off. so bought the battery for it brand new by part number etc . put on charged to full and fine but then unplugged and after while it makes beeping noise beep beep etc does anyone know why its beeping thanks in advance

A:Toshiba Satellite m40 battery problem

You might try updating the bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m40-battery-problem.185255/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi my toshiba satellite L550d when I play games my pc crushes the cpu when idle the temperature is 59-62 when playing games is 78-81 is it normal?

A:Toshiba Satellite overheating?

It depends, usually your CPU temperature shouldn't be that high during regular gaming, have you checked whether your laptop fan port is blocked up with dust? If its clear, and your still having problems, I would recommend looking into a laptop cooling pad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-overheating.185587/
Relevancy 25.8%

Have a NB205 3 years old running Windows XP Sp3 . Unit will power up to thru the Toshiba page
(F2/F12) allows me to go to setup. It will not go beyond this point and I get black screen with blinking cursor. Boot options are HDD, FDD and LAN. I received no recovery disc with the unit.
This happens in either mode power or battery
Help
Chathamjoe

A:Toshiba NB205 won't boot

Those are symptoms of problems with the HD, most likely in the partition table. You will need to use the
restore CD you made when you first used the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-nb205-wont-boot.183223/
Relevancy 25.37%

im looking to increase the ram on my laptop but when I looked to see the sticks I see only one....and I ws told by various places (bestbuy, fryes and toshiba themselves that I have 2)

im looking in the bay above the battery with the little chip symbol near it....is this correct?

A:Toshiba Satellite L455D S5976 RAM

Does it look something like this?
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=422063

Perhaps bestbuy, Frys, etc are telling you that you have two slots in which RAM can be placed, not two sticks of RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l455d-s5976-ram.182877/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guys hope you can help me on my happy problem...
Got Toshiba Sat Pro and Acer Aspire, both having the following issue:

With/without battery

*Shuts down seconds after turned-on, and sometimes it arrives at Windows 7 logo and desktop but still unfortunate.

Tried doing these fixes but still unfortunate.

1. Clean fan.
2. Put new thermal paste
3. Reimage (still shuts down, so not resolved)
4. Replaced HDD
5. Interchange RAMs (checked thoroughly and cleaned)

But here's the confusing thing, when I tried backing-up the files using "Hirens - Windows XP", it does not shut down.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Please help...Thanks and more power to TechSpot!!!!
God bless you guys!

A:Laptop (Toshiba and Acer) hilariously, both same issue

Try removing the CMOS batteries to reset the Bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-toshiba-and-acer-hilariously-both-same-issue.182721/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L455-S5000. I've used it for many years and all the sudden when I opened it up, the log in screen froze. I couldn't do anything so I hard shut it down. (by just holding in the power button) Now, whenever I try to boot it back up, it gives me an error message saying "pxe-e61 media test failure check cable". I've googled it numerous times but found nothing. I also tried calling the Toshiba Help Center but they wanted to charge me for the call so I hung up with them. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jim

A:Problems with my Toshiba Satellite

>pxe-e61 media test failure check cable

this msg says it is attempting to boot using the NIC interface instead of the HD - - not good.
The question is if the HD partition is good &/or if it is bootable.

When I lost my Toshiba, it would not even run the POST so it was a bios/mb issue.
You need to get this drive attached to a good system so it can be analyze.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-my-toshiba-satellite.182502/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi! I'm hoping that I am doing this properly - my problem is this. I have just bought a Toshiba L750 22z from P.C.World. It looks great, it works fine but there is one problem - the sound. Even when it is up to 100% the volume sounds very low and the quality is tinny. Have any other people found this or have I just got a duff one! Any comments would be appreciated, Rob

A:Toshiba L750 22Z sound problem

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l750-22z-sound-problem.181953/
Relevancy 25.8%

I was working on the computer (Toshiba satellite A 100-232), when it suddenly froze. So I had to close it from the power button. After that it enters the "In touch with tomorrow - Toshiba " screen and then it just goes black forever. I can't enter bios with F2. Heeeelp, please!

A:Toshiba Satellite problem..

If you have or can get hold of a boot disk (Hiren's, UBCD, any live Linux distro or even a Windows install disk) you could try booting from it, to check whether it's a hardware failure (HDD could have failed or got disconnected) - assuming it's set up to boot from CD/DVD. Is it definitely F2 for setup? Some Satellites require holding Esc on start, then F1 when you get the Toshiba screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-problem.181207/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi there, I have a toshiba satellite l350d, amd chipset, 2gb ram,athlon x2, running windows 7.
The computer switches on for about 15 secs then clicks off completely, will switch back on as soon as I press the button but just repeats. I have already reseated the processor, replaced the thermal tape on both cpu and gpu to no success. Have checked all connections. I would appreciate any ideas plz.

A:Toshiba Satellite l350d

Hi , It is now switching off after 5 secs with only minimal components connected as well, Help please, at my wits end with it.What I dont understand is that I had it running for 1 full day after replacing the dc jack, upgraded to windows 7 from vista and also replaced the touchpad ribbon as this was damaged. switched it off for the night and awoke to this??????

PS. I have tested the power switch, fan is ok

Correction : 1ST switch on lasts 15 secs and attempts boot
switch back on lasts for 5 secs if it try again it goes off but wait a short time and its back to 15secs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l350d.181172/
Relevancy 24.94%

HI all The DVD-RW drive in our Toshiba L d-S seems to have gone caput We have only had it a year but it does get used alot It will only read some of our dvds now other DVD s it refuses to even recognize the format or says media is unreadable even though there is no visible damage to the disk I have run malwarebytes superantispyware ccleaner spybot s amp d avast microsoft online seurity scanner and hijackthis with no results other than spyware Device manager says it is working fine I uninstalled from device manager and rebooted Same thing Could not find updated drivers for it Microsoft Fixit say media is unreadable or unknown format but the disk plays fine in our other Toshiba L Some movies start right up in VLC other dvds cannot be read Some of our burnt movie backups work great while the original dvd cant even be quot read quot It burns just fine and every cd we put in so far reads fine Dont think it is codecs issue cause an older original StarWars DVD wont read at all in it If a game is put in it can read it but the autorun does not start up laptop burner replacing Toshiba Advice DVD on L655 I check autoplay and it Advice on replacing Toshiba L655 laptop DVD burner says to load game Advice on replacing Toshiba L655 laptop DVD burner or for DVDs play with VLC I edited the registry to get rid of the filters there was only an upper this did not really help When any disk is inserted the drive really thinks long and hard about it all this leading me to the conclusion that we need a new disk drive Toshiba has been remarkably unhelpful saying our warranty expired weeks ago After saying all that my question is this does anyone know if any laptop DVD-RW drive will be compatible or if laptop drives come in different sizes I have replaced laptop hard drives before but never a dvd drive I am going to have to take the old one out to find out if it is SATA or IDE I am hesitant to order one since I cant seem to find one that says it will specifically fit an L Thanks any advice is appreciated and sorry for the lengthiness nbsp

A:Advice on replacing Toshiba L655 laptop DVD burner

The Optical drive is held in by one screw, usually located under a bottom cover. Open the tray and when you remove that screw, just pull the drive out. There should be a part number on the drive label. Use this number to locate a replacement drive. The drive's plastic bezel can be removed and placed on the replacement drive, so you can purchase a much cheaper drive that doesn't have a bezel installed. EBay is a good source

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-replacing-toshiba-l655-laptop-dvd-burner.180692/
Relevancy 25.37%

I just recently notice that the performance on my Toshiba laptop is decreasing.
The other say I decided to play minecraft and noticed it was lagging more than usual. When I tried to play on my friends server I could barely move. I've also noticed the fps drops in games like Cod4 and CSS. I've cleaned out my registry, cleared out some hard drive space, and ran gamebooster but nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Toshiba P755 S5320
Intel Core i3 2.20ghz
Intel HD 3000 graphics
6gb ram
640gb hdd

PS: I tried MC multiplayer on my sister's HP and it ran with no lag issues.

A:Windows 7 Toshiba performance issue

What antivirus/antimalware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-toshiba-performance-issue.180632/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello
My laptop has a problem, When I shut it down, it goes of but the fan start working really noisy and it doesnīt go off , and when I turn it on blocks it self and cant anything from that.
SOMEONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE?

A:Toshiba Qosmio

The laptops motherboard is probably bad, and it will need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-qosmio.180649/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus
Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

A:New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-project-lga-775-board-w-ddr3-needed-thoughts-please.180344/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello I have just joined this site despirately looking for answers Have spent almost dollars on the wrong things people told me to buy have done endless research on the matter Toshiba my 8mm do Laptop? tapes convert to HandyCam How I and am really starting to get a bit frustrated I have seen another thread in the hardware section very similar to this but his camera was different and he didnt get any answers that could help me Here is my situation I have a SONY digital handycam and I need to take the footage from its mm tape and put it onto my Toshiba laptop Sony handycam specs Usb streaming mm playback and memory stick slot I first went to radio shack told them my needs He gave me a cable that connects my camcorder to my laptop but this only took information from the memory stick and not the tape I returned How do I convert 8mm HandyCam tapes to my Toshiba Laptop? it Next he then gave me some type of cables that didnt even have anything to do with laptops I returned it once again He then looked on the side of my Toshiba and saw a slot He told me to order a card that fits in and use firewire cable to How do I convert 8mm HandyCam tapes to my Toshiba Laptop? connect to handycam I did research and ordered an express card on the internet and waited days for it to arrive ridiculous and instantly realized it doesnt even come close to fitting in the slot I realized this wasnt even an express card slot it was the slot to hold the memory stick from the handycam I then took my equipment to Staples just for knowlege and a solution since they dont carry most firewire accessories The person there said I was on the right track I have the express card that fits into the pc the cord that connects the express card and handycam but the only thing he says I need is a connector or adaptor via Usb that can allow me to fit the express card into my laptop He did not have a solution for me but he did recommend some sites I found nothing So I now come here for your help I know you need a capturing device This is not a problem since I frequently use windows movie maker and AVS video editor Am I going too far with this Is there a much simpler solution where I can just buy package and have the whole set-up instead of searching for different parts Or do all I need is an adapter that can make the express card fit I am despirate for answers my entire life s past is on these tapes and will do anything to make this work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-convert-8mm-handycam-tapes-to-my-toshiba-laptop.180212/
Relevancy 24.51%

Sorry I wasn t exactly sure where to post this thread I looked up how to remove this warning that keeps coming up on this forum earlier and followed the procedure someone posted about renaming a file called TWARNMSG EXE i couldn t find that file and as the problems and the make of laptop were slightly different I thought I d post my issue My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C - W and I have a message that keeps coming up every seconds headed quot System Warning quot and reads quot Warning A problem with the cooling system has been detected C660-16W cooling Pro warning system -- Satellite Repetitive Toshiba Next Line Please turn off the computer immediately and return it for service quot I have had this warning coming up for months and tolerated it but it has gotten worse and annoyed me for the last time I can hear the fan and the computer is not over heating No other issues arise like the computer slowing down it just gets in the way of what I am doing like typing right now As I have typed it s already popped up - times Please help soon this is preventing me from gaming and even other things by now Thanks nbsp

A:Repetitive cooling system warning -- Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-16W

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Please stay subscribed.

Note: TWarnMsg twarnmsg.exe > Toshiba System Warning Function for Windows 98, Me, 2000 - provides notification dialog when the cooling fan stops ...

This is a valid program, but it is up to you whether or not you want it to run on startup.
---------------------------------------
There are some rogue programs that give fake alerts or 'critical system messages.' But this isn't one of them. It is specific to the brand of system you have. It might be that someone in the other forum has another idea- but my suggestion would be to take it to a show and have them open and clean out the box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repetitive-cooling-system-warning-toshiba-satellite-pro-c660-16w.179374/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

My L500 fan is no longer working correctly

I am getting this message

Warning:a problem with the cooling system has been detected. please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service.

The fan runs inconsistently (always for a few seconds on start-up, very sporadically the rest of the time, but it is completely stationary for the most part.

The computer is currently in pieces, and I am ready to replace the fan with a new one, however im not sure that will fix the problem (as the fan still seems to sometimes run).

Thread Name - 'My Toshiba Satellite l500 cooling fan has stopped working'
This closed thread had a post at the bottom by kristain, has anyone else encountered and resolved something along these lines

Please excuse the lack of link/PM (new member restrictions)

A:Toshiba Satellite l500 cooling error

Are you going to replace the fan or the entire cooling heatsink and fan? Was the heatsink clogged with dust? Keep in mind, this also may be a motherboard issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l500-cooling-error.179149/
Relevancy 22.36%

Toshiba Satellite L305-5955, Ive taken apart and replaced power jack. Not directly soldered to motherboard. While still apart, and battery out/in, connected power supply and still absolutely no response. Power supply is NOT original, and slightly different specs, i.e original 19v..6.3A

current 19v..3.1A

A:Toshiba Satellite L305-5955 does not respond to power supply, new power jack

Almost certainly the problem is that the current rating is wrong, if the laptop needs
6.3 A of current, it won't function on less (just as you can't use a 3A fuse for a kettle!)
Unfortunately it must be the right current rating, I know, I've been caught that way too!
Maybe you can exchange it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l305-5955-does-not-respond-to-power-supply-new-power-jack.179540/
Relevancy 24.94%

So recently my Windows laptop went all wack and crushed into it s self so i went and pulled out one of my old laptops and booted it up to Windows problems Vista Toshiba keyboard/trackpad see if it still worked it is currently a Windows Visa and i plan to change the system soon anyways i started it up Windows Vista Toshiba keyboard/trackpad problems and everything ran smoothly till i got to my login screen and the keyboard mouse pad dont work so i decided to plug a USB connect keyboard and mouse in and those dont seem to be working either i havent used this laptop for a good years almost now and im not entirely sure whats going on even when i try to restore it i cant click on restore in order to do so any suggestions of any sort would be a great help to me either that or im going to have to take it in to be repaired and i just recently replace the hard drive in my laptop that crushed into it s self so i wont be exactly thrilled if i have to pay for it to be repaired Computer Toshiba Satellite L - Laptop System Windows Visa Home Edition Thanks Natasha PS yes i just noticed the spelling mistakes in the title but its an odd computer im currently using so not entirely use to it yet its a loner from a friend nbsp

A:Windows Vista Toshiba keyboard/trackpad problems

Laptop keyboard issues?

Hi, Could be one or more problems here, but for a simple test, if the laptop has more than one USB connector, try each of them, with the extra keyboard, as it's possible the first one you tried isn't working. I have the same problem with an old HP, two out of three don't work.
Try just the keyboard plugged in, not a USB mouse at the same time.
If you get no response from the keyboard in any of the USB sockets, then it's most likely that the Windows software is not 'seeing' the keyboard.
When you first power on the laptop, do you see the white text on black background, such as 'Windows Vista' etc, then it goes to the Vista login screen ?
If your laptop is the type where it has the same Windows on as it had when new, then you may be able to do a 'Factory restore', but if the keyboards won't work, then it won't be so simple.
If it was mine, I would try a Linux CD in the DVD drive, and see if it works using that instead of Windows. That would prove if the hard drive is ok, and if the keyboard works (or not.)
If you don't have Linux CD, and you don't mind spending Ģ5.99, you get them included with magazines such as 'Linux User'. If that does work, then you can save any files, mp3, videos, etc on the hard drive, off to a USB flash stick or external USB hard drive.
(It's not difficult, you just put the Linux disc in the drive and re boot the laptop, it will do the rest. You will end up with a different desktop, but it's not changing or using your Windows Vista at all, it won't damage it.
You may need to change the 'boot sequence' in the BIOS to force the DVD to be first, but it's fairly easy to do.)
If you find the mouse/track pad, and keyboard work, you will know the laptop's hardware is ok, and the fault really is with the Windows Vista software.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-toshiba-keyboard-trackpad-problems.179196/
Relevancy 29.24%

Bought me recently a new MoBo: P8H67, installed it, killed Realtek onboard in the BIOS, all thus far goes splendid.
Put in SoundMax (from my P5E Lifestyle), hardware checks ok.
Install driver... and here things go awkward: no matter what I try: SoundMax Hi Def is not found/recognized.
Tried both the DVD-soft that came with me P5E, as well as online new drivers, to no use...

Reason for SoundMax: I was slightly baffled by the power behind the tiny card, it was literally mindblowing (over my JBL's).
This power is not found on Realtek hardware, hence.

Prob: I want to keep using the tiny SoundMax, but I desperately need a driver.

Win 7 Ultimate X64 (registered)

Suggestions?

Thank you all:
Ben

A:P5E Lifestyle Board SoundMax to Asus P8H67

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5e-lifestyle-board-soundmax-to-asus-p8h67.178931/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S that had an issue where it would short when a optical drive was plugged in Won t have any display or responses with the drive If I unplug the drive it on directly putting HDD? A135, Satellite OS Toshiba seems to work fine My problem is that this system will not boot to a bootable USB and though it tries to load windows from other laptops drives I don t have any drives from similar enough systems to boot with Anyone have any ideas on how I can install directly to the hard drive I did Toshiba Satellite A135, putting OS directly on HDD? this once with a linux build and I don t mind going this route again if someone has a suggested linux for this and a way to do it Or if anyone has any idea how I could create a bootable partition with a windows xp install on it I considered setting the hard drive as the drive for my usb stick boot utility but I remember last time I tried something similiar it took quite a bit of tweaking to get it to work nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A135, putting OS directly on HDD?

"My problem is that this system will not boot to a bootable USB"...

Can you borrow an external USB CD/DVD drive, and install the OS that way? Otherwise you will have to replace the internal CD/DVD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a135-putting-os-directly-on-hdd.178809/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Toshiba satellite a d-s The specs for this can be found here reviews cnet com laptops toshiba-satellite-a d-s - - html Sorry for no link but I am apparently not allowed to do that yet I bought it new and it came with windows vista A couple (Toshiba speed High host issue Satellite) controller years later I upgraded to windows Upgrading to the new OS was fine but then later I needed to upgrage yet again to bit This unfortunately was not as easy and I need to wipe the drive clean and start fresh Now there are a couple issues with the host controllers the main being that I keep getting warnings saying that the devices I plug in can run faster if I were to use a high speed High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) port This confuses me because the USB ports are but they are acting like they are I have done everything I can think of to get these to function correctly but nothing I do seems to work The second issue which isn t as annoying is that when I move the screen the sound for High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) connect disconnect a USB device is played and the little popup for quot new device connected quot is shown I am unsure why the screen is acting like it s a USB device I have disabled the notifications and sounds for all ports now but I would kind of like to know why this is happening Do anyone know how I can solve these problems I have checked multiple forums and have been searching for an answer for about months now with no luck I think I have provided enough information but if anyone needs more just let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

A:High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-speed-host-controller-issue-toshiba-satellite.178296/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello,

I am having a very annoying issue with my toshiba satellite L755-S5216. It boots up fine but sometimes while im doing work on the computer(just normal schoolwork and such) the screen will go black with a redish line that flickers on the left side of the screen. The only way to fix it is to do a shutdown holding the power button. Is there anyway to fix this...or is it just the inverter that i have read on a few posts on this site?

Thanks

A:Screen going black on Toshiba Satellite L755-S5216

A laptop repair person can fix this for you. It could be a bad LCD panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-going-black-on-toshiba-satellite-l755-s5216.176752/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an old Toshiba Satellite M45-S331 with a Pentium M 730 CPU (1.6Ghz). I think the Pentium M series of processors went up to something like 2.2Ghz. I was going to give it to my daughter (10 yr) to play with, but I wondered if I could upgrade the CPU. The 730 has a 533 FSB which I think is the fastest FSB these processors came with and it is a socket 479 which I also think was the only socket used for these processors. Looking at Wiki, the core voltage is the same for the 533 FSB units (1.26?1.356 V) up until model 760 (2.0Ghz). After that, the core voltages go to 1.26?1.404 V. Would it be possible to upgrade to a 760 or higher?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I didn't see my first post on the forum.

A:Toshiba M45-S331 CPU upgrade possible?

yes i beleive you can their are 2 types of laptop socket one is like a normal pc mobo soccket and the other is pinless were the cpu is soldered onto the board if this is the case it may not be worth it as you are likely to do more damage than good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-m45-s331-cpu-upgrade-possible.177599/
Relevancy 24.94%

daughter gave me Toshiba tablet,How do I go about changing the registration on it?

A:Transfer registration to new owner on Toshiba tablet

Call Toshiba support...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-registration-to-new-owner-on-toshiba-tablet.177782/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

A:Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-hardware-upgrade.177064/
Relevancy 29.67%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-compatible-with-this-board.176985/
Relevancy 24.94%

To start I left my laptop off for two days while away on vacation I return home and attempt to load it and receive the windows error message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I am left with options to boot start windows boot manager to load windows normally When I try option at the bottom of screen there s a bar that says loading windows file and then the screen goes to a black screen with an arrow never to load--even after a substantial amount of time hours When I try option it goes to the windows logo screen for a couple of minutes and then returns to the error message screen I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows bit My year warranty on the laptop just ended less than a month ago and when contacting Toshiba they note this Upon a minute conversation I was told that the harddrive crashed and needs to be replaced as well as windows OS I just don t understand what could have happened because prior to leaving for vacation L655 start failed Windows Toshiba Satellite to - windows was functioning no problem My laptop is not making any weird sounds I just want to be sure their solution is necessary or is there any other solutions I could try before dishing out for this computer Also know any strategies getting around out of date warranty when right outside within weeks of the warranty period nbsp

A:Windows failed to start - Toshiba Satellite L655

I don't know if you got this settled, but it sounds like the hard drive might be okay if you can re-format and re-load Windows fresh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-start-toshiba-satellite-l655.175786/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey everybody, I've been troubleshooting this Toshiba Satellite (A215-S7462) laptop last couple of days and I can't seem to solve the problem. The battery on the system for whatever reason will NOT charge while the system is on and in windows. It charges fine while the computer is off. But while on it says "plugged in, charging" yet the battery only depletes.

It was originally running windows vista, but is now running W7-64bit. I've installed all the latest drivers, bios updates, etc. I've also disassembled and cleaned out the entire laptop, and re-applied thermal paste on the CPU. (I originally thought it was a overheating issue.) I'm not too sure where to go from here so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

A:Toshiba charges while off, but not on

Any ideas? AC adapter? MB issue? Connectors? Battery? Windows power settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-charges-while-off-but-not-on.175573/
Relevancy 24.51%

My Name is Hariyanto and I am from Indonesia.

My toshiba canvio portable hard drive 500GB is not detected by my Acer Laptop 4750 G. there are three usb ports. two of then are 2.0 and is 3.0 USB.

The USB 2.0 is not a problem. It can detect and read my external drive.
But when I change to USB 3.0, the laptop says that I need to format and when I format it the Windows 7 said that windows 7 can not format it.

I have already installed the renesas usb controller drive. I have tried to uninstalled and reinstalled it but still it didn't work.

What happen to my USB 3.0 port or my Toshiba external HD.

I really need your all help, please.
Thanks a lot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-canvio-portable-hard-drive-500gb-is-not-detected.174720/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a satellite pro l300 - only 1 usb port is working the others have been physically damaged. I was wondering I could put a card into the express card slot ..I was thinking one of these

http://www.ebuyer.com/138357-startech-2-port-usb2-0-laptop-express-card-ec230usb

but I am confused, with pcima, express slot converters......would the above work ? - laptop is running vista.

A:Adding USB ports to ExpressCard slot on Toshiba Satellite Pro

Yes this adapter should work fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-usb-ports-to-expresscard-slot-on-toshiba-satellite-pro.173167/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey everyone I m new here and I have this strange problem with my Toshiba Satellite laptop When I try to type something it will type something else completely Ex I try to type quot Great quot malfunction Toshiba driver Satellite keyboard it types quot fdjsreaut quot After a Toshiba Satellite keyboard driver malfunction few minutes Toshiba Satellite keyboard driver malfunction of the keyboard malfunctioning like this it will stop working completely The only way for me to get the keyboard to work again is to shut it off take out the battery wait a few minutes then turn it back on Then it will only work for a few minutes before beginning to malfunction again I have tried various spyware nothing came up I then did an entire factory reset of my computer but the problem still remained Thus it can t be a virus it s probably a keyboard driver malfunction Does anyone know what I should do to try to fix this A huge thanks goes to anyone who can help me fix this nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite keyboard driver malfunction

I'm less inclined to think its a driver issue then perhaps the keyboard itself or other hardware. In any case, i'm really not sure about the cause of your problem but i once saw this keyboard test tool (free for 1st 30 days).

I never tried it myself but if you try it, let us know what you think of it please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keyboard-driver-malfunction.173676/
Relevancy 25.8%

Good Morning all,
I have aToshiba laptop that has been overheating. It would take forever to boot and then it will shutdown. I noticed the fan is working fine so I opened the laptop and cleaned it, it had a lot of dirt inside. Now the laptop does not shut down but stays in around 48C to 55C. Is that temperature too high?
since I remove the heatsink do I have to apply more thermal paste?

please let me know if adding thermal past should improve cooling,.
Thank you!
Mamut

A:Toshiba overheating

Hi there, that temperature is fine for a laptop. Everytime you remove the heatsink it is necessary to apply thermal paste. Only because of the paste the heat is transfered from the CPU to the heatsink. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-overheating.173194/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I have a Toshiba "Qosmio" G50 with a P7350 2.0 GHz CPU + 4 Gigs of RAM

I really do not know the technical data on the machine such as FSB or Max RAM etc., Instead of building my own machine I took the lazy way out and am paying the fiddler now.

If you are familiar with laptops could you tell me what CPU upgrade would be compatable?
I am looking to get higher than 2.4 GHz if possible.
I have heard of a T9800 (2.9 GHz.) or something like that.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Rick

A:Laptop - Toshiba Qosmio G50 (CPU upgrade)

Find the FSB (Front-side Bus) speed and pinout for the P7350 2.0 GHz CPU and make sure the replacement CPU matches these specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-toshiba-qosmio-g50-cpu-upgrade.172422/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite L455. When I press the on button it turns on for four seconds, the screen displays small vertical lines that are in different colors. Then the computer just turns off. As far as i can tell the computer is not even going through post. Has anyone had anything like this happen or know what i can do to fix this? the computer is running Windows 7.

A:Toshiba Satellite L455 boots for 4 seconds and shuts down

The video card may be damaged.. Or the motherboard. I would suggest doing an RMA if this is a newer laptop, or sending it in for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l455-boots-for-4-seconds-and-shuts-down.172081/
Relevancy 25.37%

could anybody tell me if it is possible to replace cpu in a toshiba satellite a660 17 is it soldered in or can it just be removed and a new one put in

A:Replacing CPU in a Toshiba Satellite A660 17E possible

Chances are that the CPU is removable...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-cpu-in-a-toshiba-satellite-a660-17e-possible.172180/
Relevancy 24.94%

I hope I am at the right place.
I have this Toshiba laptop that started giving the greyscreen problem. I took the computer in and they gave a new video card for $400+ and 90 day W.
Well it was better but still did it...took it back and they gave me a free power cord. Things were much better for a week but now I can't run the system for more than and hour. Am wondering if the video card was the problem in the 1st place.
Any ideas would be appreciated as I don't want to put more money into this thing.
Thankyou in advance

A:Grey screen Toshiba Qosmio x305

You've spent a lot of money. Take it back to where the repairs were done and have them fix it right

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grey-screen-toshiba-qosmio-x305.169726/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have been going through the process of building a computer for the first time and the motherboard is the final piece of the puzzle I am seriously considering the Asus Maximus Gene-Z as the motherboard to go along with GB Hawks OC in SLI on mATX a Is SLI usually on board avoided? air to go along with an OC i - k but I have been seeing some concerns about temperatures in general As far Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided? as cooling the board would be in a mid-tower that has the dimensions of the full tower Storm Sniper with its default fans and the CPU would be cooled by a Corsair A I do have a few ATX motherboard in mind if the mATX option isn t ideal for SLI including the MSI Z A-GD ASUS P Z -V PRO or ASRock Z EXTREME GEN i - K Corsair A GB GTX Hawk in SLI x GB G Skill Sniper DDR Samsung Spinpoint TB Asus x DVD-Drive Cooler Master Storm Sniper Seasonic X- nbsp

A:Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided?

Personally if I was building a computer without having any hardware to start with I would probably aim for a higher end single card rather than 2 older and now mid range 460 GTX cards. That way in the future you can pickup another higher performance card and then use SLI.

As for mATX and SLI, as long as the board supports it then there is no problem. You have stated its in a full tower so airflow won't be a problem. You might find some problems such as PCI 1x slot blocked/unusable when you have two double slot (two expansion slot height) PCI-E graphics cards in the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-sli-on-a-matx-board-on-air-usually-avoided.171814/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all I have an asus x s laptop and a while ago the power jack inside broke off and went further into the unit I managed to take the laptop apart and retrieve the jack I then rather stupidly attempted to desolder board PCB Splintered the remainder of the unit from the board and found that apparently ASUS use diamond as solder that or I wasn t doing something right Anyway point is that the contacts stayed in the board no matter what and only with force Splintered PCB board and heat did they come out unfortunately however there are still two contacts firmly in the board Anyway as you can all imagine the inevitable happened The board warped slightly and on one of the corner points the iron went through and splintered the side picture attached A couple of questions Number And I think I already know the answer to this As this has happened will this be detrimental to the running of the laptop I m going to guess that the second I turn it on should I be successful in replacing that the power will short and the world will end or something Number Since last using the laptop I can only assume that the rest of the components processor RAM Drive etc are still in good working order and I m wondering just how successful anyone may think it would be to sell the laptop as spare parts or would I be better off taking into the yard with a shotgun Sorry about the cynical nature of this post that s just how I am that and I m incredibly annoyed at myself for thinking that me soldering iron delicate electronics was ever going to have any other outcome than this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/splintered-pcb-board.171757/
Relevancy 29.67%

Need info old board P4SD-VL

Hi,

<I'm trying to fix a very old pc; it's almost ready but I can't set front USB ports.>

Thatīs what I said. But more than a simple thing I need; USB frontal ports are working now. The matter is I canīt find drivers to set Sound, LAN, Modem... The pc is working fine, I've installed operating system, office programs and some other software without trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mauricio

A:Need old board P4SD-VL front USB pin description

Who made the motherboards chipset? VIA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-old-board-p4sd-vl-front-usb-pin-description.170893/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a toshiba p100 with the following processor:

IntelŪ Core? Duo Processor T2400
(2M Cache, 1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)

ark.intel.com/products/27235/Intel-Core-Duo-Processor-T2400-%282M-Cache-1_83-GHz-667-MHz-FSB%29

I'd like to upgrade to this processor:

IntelŪ Core?2 Duo Processor T7600
(4M Cache, 2.33 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)

ark.intel.com/products/27257/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T7600-%284M-Cache-2_33-GHz-667-MHz-FSB%29

It seems like I can but I'd appreciate any advise from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-p100-processor-upgrade.171192/