Windows Support Forum

Toshiba HDD circuit board

Q: Toshiba HDD circuit board

Hi I have been having problems with my hdd s circuit board on my dell d I aint sure what happen I think it Toshiba circuit HDD board was just my bad luck Anyways I was wondering if its possible of saving the HDD by switching the board with one of the same model boughten brand new off the internet Also I forgot to mention that I put a master password Bios password also applied but thats not a problem since I am able to enter my password on the hdd so no could get into it without my consent just in case it got stolen I am just wondering if that will screw anything up with the new circuit board The name and model of the hdd is Toshiba Toshiba HDD circuit board MK GAX I hope someone can give Toshiba HDD circuit board me some advice on this topic because I don t want to wast my money which ever way I go buy a new hdd or just a circuit board Please respond and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba HDD circuit board

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Toshiba HDD circuit board

Come on people, just don't let me hang. I need something, thoughts, ideas, and/or anything else. I just don't want to leave with nothing...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-hdd-circuit-board.147872/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi This problem occurred quite some time ago I have a slave drive that had problems i thought it was corrupted but upon full tests it was perfectly fine when it writes data to the drives it makes noises as it is encased Anyways i got over ambitious and whilst deleting stuff of it i accidentally deleted the files that are needed to boot the drive up Thus it was giving me lot of trouble I took it to a techie who managed to copy all the data of my E slave the stuff that was still readable an odd thing was lot of my files had gone to bytes think it was due to me deleting the important files of the drive After clearing it he reinstalled the software of seagate Seagate SATA GB rpm quot M Now it works like a charm i have been using it Board Circuit since Circuit Board but the problem is the data the techie copied to his PC and he said that my data had heaps of trojans Circuit Board and his PC got overwhelmed by it and now it won t even boot up Lot of my holiday pics and some important data is on it but a how do we retrieve the data and b what about the files that are bytes The techie says he needs a circuit board for this hard drive gb maxtor diamond version so he can replace the old circuit board with this new one and see if that works I suggested using knoppix boot cd and stuff but he says it won t work i think So what do you guys suggest i do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circuit-board.778602/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
i have a sumsung hdd SP0451N 40GB/7200rpm/2M/PATA that got involved in a fire and the circuuit board got spoilt, i changed with another curuit but now the hdd is ok but its empty it has no data at all what could be the problem. or what am i missing

A:Circuit Board transfer

How hot did it get?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circuit-board-transfer.520332/
Relevancy 73.1%

My computer boots but then freezes if my Dell 80G Seagate Barracuda ATA IV model: ST3800021A is the slave. Bios says disk not detected.
Local Guru says the firmware is corrupted. He wants a circuit board to install
to recover data.
Does anyone have a hard disk as above that has failed mechanically.
I need the circuit board!!!!
Thanks.

Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,
I am new to this Tech Forum site so; Howdy!
At present my mental status is fried, so is my circuit board. Don't ask, I don't want to tell what I (yes - I) did to the circuit board. Lets just say it now has me in a very very dark place. Anyway, I need a Maxtor FISH-N-M16.301252104, Model 53073H6, 16383 Cylinders, 16 Heads, 63 Sectors Circuit Board
I obtained mine aproximately 1994, I don't know what year these were built or how many produced (I'm really hoping there were alot)
Thanks,
Redtexas

A:Where can I find this circuit board?

O.K., now I found my other Maxtor drive, can anyone tell me if:
the circuit board on a DiamondMax Plus 8, 40GB, ATA/133 HDD, MFG DATE 05APRIL2003,CODE: NAR61590, LBA: 80293248, E-H011-02-3427, 6E040L0510605 AAA, S/N: E19FLJXE, K, M, C, A, AND On the board there is a number painted: E2110790903
Can it be used for circuit board exchange with the Model 53073H6 for the purpose of data recovery?
Thank you, Redtexas

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-find-this-circuit-board.94485/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there first time poster here but trying to find out if a tech shop guy is lt scamming gt me to make some money I says board...... circuit new guy need I 90, shop own a HP pavilion -f ea which was given to me It supports touch shop guy says 90, I need new circuit board...... screen which is the reason we were shop guy says 90, I need new circuit board...... given it for our young daughter After a full system wipe and a lot of updating and the big one to still shop guy says 90, I need new circuit board...... not working It registered some touches but not consistently not where I d pressed and some areas of the screen just seemed dead I tried calibrating it updating the drivers and many other things Nothing worked Then one morning I turned it on I think it did a few automatic updates not sure but it suddenly worked perfectly fine Which was amazing Later that day it had reverted back and was useless again Not aware that I changed anything but the fact it worked made me think it can t be a hardware problem must be a software one Again days of trying to fix it to no avail so I took it to my local tech store Called me back a few hours later saying it needed a new circuit board Which will cost Does that sound right as it did work briefly which suggested to me it must be a software issue Please please can someone help I m supposed to call him back this morning to let him know if he should go ahead and order the part nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Today the power went out everywhere in the house except for the kitchen and we later investigated that some of the buttons on the circuit breaker outside were switched to off. We flipped them back on and so did the power.

Can those switches automatically switch themselves on or off? Or does it require someone to do it.

A:Can a circuit board switch itself on and off?

that's what they're designed to do. Often with power outages, surges will occur in the main lines. Circuit breakers trip to prevent fires.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-circuit-board-switch-itself-on-and-off.88364/
Relevancy 72.24%

Where's the best site to find reasonable prices on circut boards for hard drives?

Relevancy 71.81%

I have a backup Maxtor OneTouch ex HD OneTouch Maxtor Broken USB 4 Board Circuit on which rendered itself useless after a fall onto a carpeted floor The connected usb plug came apart from the internal circuit board Since it is out of warranty I opened its outer case and the usb connector will not resit onto board I tried holding it down using Broken USB on Maxtor OneTouch 4 Circuit Board both hands to the exact place it should be on the board and drive still works until I let it go Soldering it must be done meticulously not good at it and the data restore repair prices are from what I see posted here Other areas of drive will get very warm tried clamps and got over voltage error and removed it quickly opps Yet the drive still works Tape for some reason won t hold connection firmly onto board either Is there another way to connect this drive to my laptop other than using the usb plug Prior to this accident I backed up files to my current usb cruzer flash stick and a sandisk card with most of the old files from the Maxtor on them Not finished though nbsp

A:Broken USB on Maxtor OneTouch 4 Circuit Board

Are you using it for a desktop or laptop?
If you are using it for a desktop, why don't you install the hard drive as your secondary drive. Make sure it has the same type of connections as your computer.
Have you tried buying another shell to replace the older one. Make sure it is compatible with your hard drive connections. (SATA, IDE, etc.).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-usb-on-maxtor-onetouch-4-circuit-board.1135828/
Relevancy 71.81%

I had a Maxtor hard drive and someone plugged a laptop power lead in it and it zapped it I have dismantled the external hard drive and put the maxtor directly into my pc but this Hard can Maxtor get I a Where Board? Circuit Drive stops the pc booting I have spoken to Where can I get a Maxtor Hard Drive Circuit Board? maxtor and they have suggested that I buy a hard drive circuit board but I cannot find anywhere that sells them Or I just don t know where to look maxtor have told me this quot For the following Maxtor hard drive models Fireball DiamondMax DiamondMax Plus DiamondMax Plus Diamond Max and all MaxLine products there is also a GTLA Number on the model next to barcode on the bottom of the drive Format Y J and stand for numbers Y and J for letters The numbers and as well as the letter Y need to be identical to be able to replace the PCB on these drives quot My Hard drive details as follows DiamondMax Model L ORO GB PATA HDD TLA L ORO AAB SN L L XH Any help or advice on how I can get my hands on one of these and you will make a friend for life Thanx in anticipation nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Need to swap (1) electronic board with another.

Understanding that when pulling off the circuit board, dust should not enter the opened case.
I must do this to recover data.

a) will pulling the board expose the internal drive?

b) it looks as if the board is held in by #6 torx bit or #8?
Are the (6) torx screws the only thing holding the board on?

c) Is there a standard procedure for doing this? How can I ensure no dust will enter?

d) Is a clean room required for changing the circuit boards?

e) if the drive is exposed, is there an open magnetic force?

Relevancy 70.95%

Greetings.
I have a 160gig SADA hard drive. I broke the section where the jumper and power plug in. The rest of the HD is fine. Is there a way to fix this or retrieve my data.
Can I take a circuit board from one HD and use it on the broken one!?
HELP!!!!
thanks ROB

Relevancy 55.47%

My "B" Key has come off and I can't see any rhyme or reason how the darn thing attaches. I do not want to pry off one of the other keys to peek, because if that one does not give up the real clue, then I will l have TWO KEYS OFF..

Anyone got any digital pictures they could send me with a few clues how to reattach my key.

thanks,

Jim

A:TOSHIBA SATELLITE P35 Key Board KEY CAME OFF - H E L P !

Look into where the key used to be. Is there a post sticking up ?
Jf so, gentlely but firmly push the key down over the post.
The key should snap back onto the post.
If there is no post, then I believe its repair shop time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-p35-key-board-key-came-off-h-e-l-p.457128/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a toshiba Qosmio but the Board is Broken and i was wondering how much will it be if i wanted to sell this laptop? (Info of the laptop Down..)

Battery Condition ? Good
Screen Condition ? Good
Other Parts (Keyboard /Mouse) Condition ? Working
Remaining Warranty Period ? Expired
Processor Speed ? 2.4 GHz ? 2.7 GHz
CD Drive ? Blu-Ray ROM
HDD ? 500GB
RAM ? 8GB
Processor ? Intel ? Core i7 Extreme (Mar2010)
Graphics Card ? 1GB
Features ? Webcam
? Bluetooth
? HDMI
? 3D
Screen Size ? 12? to 16?
Secondary HDD ? 500GB
Battery Condition ? Good
Screen Condition ? Good
Other Parts (Keyboard /Mouse) Condition ? Working
Remaining Warranty Period ? Expired

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-qosmio-broken-board-price.1155096/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running windows Vista. Every time windows starts it comes up with this onboard keyboard o the screen. I have tried everything, but it still keeps coming up when the laptop starts. Any ideas how to stop this. Thanks.

A:Solved: Toshiba Laptop has an on board keyboard that comes up when windows starts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-has-an-on-board-keyboard-that-comes-up-when-windows-starts.916650/
Relevancy 44.29%

So recently I've been repairing my Toshiba... The DC jack melted (Just blow up one day :/) and I just had to replace the DC jack with a new one.
However to get the Jack out of the circuit board to resolder it to the new Jack. I had to pull the plug out of these..... Pegs (For lack of a better word) and I have honestly no idea how to put the plug back into the pegs.

The Plug is connected to four wires and each wire has a slot where a peg can fit in (There are four pegs btw :S). The Pegs are aligned vertically with the slot. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 43.86%

I was replacing the screen on my elitebook 8460p when it short circuited on me, now it won't work or turn on. The charger works fine when I plug it on other laptop. What do you think the problem was? Are there any fuses here that burns first, than the motherboard. Is it an easy fix or its ain't worth fixing it?Please let me know if it is so it will not cost me a lot to replace it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Short-Circuit/td-p/5665701
Relevancy 43.86%

This is a HP Pavillion 4430 running on Windows Me.
It was working fine and suddenly it shut down by itself. No burning smell at all. When I try to boot the system back up , it won't start, it will momentarily light up (for a second) and the monitor also flashes but then everything shuts down quickly again. I have no idea of what the problem is, and I am at a tender age when it comes to hardware terminology. Note: The system booted up fine a couple of hours later, and after an hour or so, it died again. Now it has been over 14 hours and it hasn't booted up.

Relevancy 43.86%

So the circuit board on my HDD seems to be broken (so I was told). Is it possible to replace this instead of having to pay a lot of money sending it out for data recovery?

The HDD is still being made and it's $60. Could I buy a new one and swap boards?

Relevancy 43.86%

I am looking for complete circuit diagram of motherboard of HP Pavilion dv9000 notebook. Any service manual that I have downloaded untill now, only contains assembely/disassembly procedures. Could you please help me to find motherboard circuit diagram of this model or any similar model.

Thank you in advance for your help

A:Looking For motherboard circuit

Schematics (circuit diagrams) have become proprietary secrets that are virtually imposible to obtain. They exist only in the design section at HP and are not published.

If you are wanting to repair one, a few items are replaceable; but, they have to be troubleshot empirically with a continuity tester and luck. The chip that supplies power to the USB ports, mouse, and keyboard can be traced and replaced (I've done it); but, beyond that or items like it, you're SOL.

I also find that on most, one of the BGA chipset parts has been blown and replacing them is more costly than a new board.

They are available on EBay for $150-200; but, you need to know which part you need as they come in several flavors (AMD or Intel CPU, with or without onboard video)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-motherboard-circuit.764585/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello..Today I plugged a usb thumb drive to my Laptop.The laptop suddenly stopped working and now it won't work,I looked at the thumb drive and noticed that it's broken. So there was a short. How possibly can I fix the Laptop?  PS: When I press the power button, the power led turns on for 2 seconds then it turns off. And thanks for your time...

A:USB Short Circuit

HamdyAl-Sayrafi Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your PC now not turning on and wanted to help. Here's a link to  some troubleshooting steps you can try:  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) | HP Customer Support However, to do those, you must hold down the power button for 5 seconds and the PC must then boot into the diagnostics screen.  If that does not happen, there is nothing we can do for you from here. We are NOT HP Tech Support; only a bunch of volunteers trying to help folks solve problems with their HP PCs.Since we have no way to remote into the PC and run any diagnostics ourselves, we have no way to examine the PC ourselves.  This limits us to providing written diagnosting steps in the hopes that those will reveal the problem and how to fix it. If those don't work, your only recourse then is to take the PC to an authorized HP service center to see if it can be fixed.If the PC is still under warranty (less than a year old), then contact HP Customer Support to see about maintence and service options.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!(However, HP Customer Support is not open on weekends)If the PC is no longer under warranty, you can still contact an HP Service Center but they will charge your for the diagnostics and repair.Here is a link with information on HP Service Centers:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-Short-Circuit/td-p/5602835
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, Am working on a Domestic security system project, In the project I would like to use a motion censor that will send information to the computer. I would like to develop a circuit that will be connected to the USB port. But i don't know how, If this is possible how can I do it.

Relevancy 43.86%

I had installed a new CPU fan and jst fired her up for the 1st time, all gud, then the power calbe to my side case fan (which was unplugged as i had the side off) touched part of the metal chasis, i saw a small blue spark. this is obviousley a short. The computer turns on now, fans spin etc bt the thing wont POST, ideas?

Relevancy 43.43%

Well hello a few days ago I stumbled on my own feet and my laptop slipped out of my hands breaking the hinges until I will get LCD short cable circuit new parts I decided to still use it today while watching a movie the lid curved back a little leaving me with a white screen adjusting the lid back fixed the problem although it happened everal more times with either white or blavk screen later forgetting the hinge issue I laid it down on the table when it seemed to crash and shut itself down after turning it on again I saw a flash where the lcd cable goes and smelled LCD cable short circuit something burning now the screen is black when turned on the vent starts in about seconds and after - seconds it shuts down again the cable also LCD cable short circuit obviously looks burnt so the questions are can I fix the cable would replacing it help could the short circuit have damaged other hardware is it even a cable issue that makes the shutdowns appear I have a dell latitude e and I would love the one helping me out till I die nbsp

A:LCD cable short circuit

Have you got an external monitor/tv to plug it into to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-cable-short-circuit.189115/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys
I just had a power out in my place due to a short circuited toaster...
After that, my pc wouldnt start. meaning:
I turn it on, the lights turn on, the all the fans start spinning, there seems to be some strange "woofing" noise (from what i think) the psu, i hear one long beep (2-3 seconds) and of course nothing on the screen

what do you think i should do before calling a pc repair man?
I'm pretty handy so should be no problem opening up the pc and pulling stuff in and out..

thanks

A:PC failure after a short circuit

if you know the type of bios it is [american megatrends/pheonix/IBM....] then google the beep numbers with it, so if you had an american megatrends motherboard with 1 long and 3 short beeps then look for a couple of sources that confirms that it's THAT part that might need replacing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-failure-after-a-short-circuit.979231/
Relevancy 43.43%

My space bar wasn t working so when I took it off to reattach it properly the metal spring had somehow popped off I saw so many keyboard circuit short thick grimy dustbunnies under there that I couldn t believe my keyboard still worked about a week after I got it someone knocked a glass of AMARETTO sweet syrupy amaretto onto my keyboard and I did the best I could to absorb it with paper towel if memory serves me correctly That was a keyboard short circuit couple of years ago now Since I didn t have a can of that compressed air for such tasks and because I was remembering the sticky mess from years ago I stupidly decided that a Q-tip with some alcohol would be the best thing to clean around the area I removed most of the central keys and cleaned gently but avoided the contact areas I did not however remove the backslash key or the keys to the right of the board as the grime seemed pretty central When putting the keys back on no I wasn t bright enough to TURN IT OFF before I did this I didn t think the black background area I was cleaning would have any effect on the circuitry I noticed that many times as I pressed a key back on the backslash would type along with whatever letter I was popping on Now the backslash key has possessed my computer There is a short circuit and it spontaneously just starts typing uncontrollably or takes over whatever I m typing I started this post and had to stop it because the backslash was incessantly typing throughout the entire post I got out an old keyboard and was going to use it instead but realized there is nowhere to install it only usb That seemed to scare my laptop keyboard into behaving at least long enough to type this out Have I totally ruined my keyboard This was a few nights ago Oh and I used Isopropyl alcohol on the Q-tip not something like Amaretto again nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I need motherboard circuit diagrams , can some mail me same or atleast tell me where from i get these diagrams here in India. Thank you in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

The TCP protocol uses the a connection oriented approach i.e. a virtual circuit is created to transfer the packets. Also, packet switching consists of datagram switching and virtual circuit switching. But in virtual circuit switching, all packets follow the same route to its destination, whereas in TCP, the packets can follow different routes to reach their destinations. Then, is it true that the connection-oriented approach of TCP actually uses virtual circuit switching or a modified version ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-tcp-use-virtual-circuit-switching.975244/
Relevancy 43.43%

If you look inside the keyboard you will see 3 thin sheets of plastic.

On one of these sheet, at the edge, I found a line that looks "erased" at one tiny spot. this line connects to the keys that aren't working.

I need to find a way to rewrite this line. Any one know how to do this?

A:Need to rewrite circuit in a keyboard

Here is what it looks like

Here is what it looks like inside the keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-rewrite-circuit-in-a-keyboard.129451/
Relevancy 43.43%

This is my first venture into configuring a T modem router Adtran TA R internal csu dsu Its been quite the experience and I ve learned a lot but im having some trouble When My ISP first went to do Test and Turn Up we could not Estabalishing T1 trouble circuit PPP establish a PPP connection that s needed the physical layer was there tho Ive followed every configuration guide there is I am now getting yellow alarm RAI Remote access indicator telling me that the quot remote site quot isn t receiving properly framed information The T interface is config properly B ZS ESF and all ports are mapped on the DS to TA-IAD - Router k There are two things I am confused about As ridiculous as this may sound I need clarification on what is the quot host quot router and quot remote quot router I assumed that my router was the quot host quot router only one on the network but im starting to question that I was also given ipv address for WAN it says they are the AR Serial INT ipv address and a CR Serial INT ipv address I am not familiar with CR and AR however upon research I found they possibly stand for Access router and customer router - looking for clarification My confusion with the host and remote router is probably causing a lot of this trouble Estabalishing PPP T1 circuit trouble considering the timing mode might be Estabalishing PPP T1 circuit trouble wrong or I simply may have inputted an IP address in the wrong block So as of right now I cannot establish PPP along with a yellow RAI alarm I have contacted Adtran and my ISP - awaiting quot call backs quot If any other specifics are needed please Estabalishing PPP T1 circuit trouble let me know I just wanted to get the gist of the situation out there Any help and or ideas would be much appreciated thanks bunch nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 5570Z laptop. I think the motherboard has a short ciruit. My friend diagnosed it for me with a multimeter. Also, my adapter contains a led. When I connect the adapter to the laptop, the led fades and when the adapter is disconnected, the led becomes bright again. The laptop doesnt turn on without a charged battery.

So, my question is, should i get a new mobo or can it be fixed?

Thanx

A:Laptop Electrical Circuit

No. Get a good used laptop. Lenovo Thinkpad, HP, Asus. Toshiba. Avoid Acer, Compaq, Sony, and any laptop in the lower half of their price range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-electrical-circuit.132637/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Everyone,
I need dell Inspiron 15 N5010, Service Tag:GRV92N1, battery circuit diagram. Please help me where can I download?

A:Battery Circuit Diagram

OMAIS,
Unfortunately, there are no downloads for Dell Computer Schematics for any product and are not available to me for distribution.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985349
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I have a concern about the motherboard of my system it may have a short circuit At first I tried to force the resolution settings because I wanted to display the maximum resolution of an lcd tv I hooked up to my desktop The display went black but the computer was still running as usual I connected the tv to my laptop and it worked I circuit short Solved: tried a diff monitor on the desktop and it didnt work but it worked on my laptop so I was pretty sure the problem was something with the desktop I tried to fix it by doing a Solved: short circuit google search online and the solution I found was to hold the power button for secs after having disconnected all the cables and then I was to connect all the cables back and turn the desktop on I tried doing that and the electricity went out in two rooms Solved: short circuit I contacted Dell tech support As the technician was guiding me he informed me that the motherboard could have been damaged due to a short circuit He advised me to contact a local technician to verify if my system had a short circuit I would like to know if this is true I am very upset all I wanted was to change to the maximum resolution of my tv I used the ATI Catalyst control center in the process Any feedback would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-short-circuit.827750/
Relevancy 43.43%

Does anyone know how to read/burn/decrypt DIVX movies issued by Circuit City some years ago? Any help/info would be appreciated.

Relevancy 43%

I have a circuit Fried input ethernet Dell XPS Bit with Windows Vista SP I get DSL internet via Frontier high speed internet service Recently my house was struck by lightning and the ethernet input in the computer got fried The computer Fried ethernet input circuit still works fine offline but no connection can be established between the computer and the Frontier modem for internet service Frontier techs verified that their modem is good and that the problem is the computer s ethernet input circuit I took my problem to Best Buy and was told by their techs that Dell XPS hardwires their ethernet inputs to the motherboard and that it will cost a couple hundred dollars to have them remove the Fried ethernet input circuit old input circuit and solder in a replacement Instead they recommended a small USB device that plugs into the computer and talks to the Frontier modem and uses it s wifi function to convert the computer to a wireless connection I tried it and sure enough it works although at a slower speed than the original ethernet connection At a shopping mall computer kiosk I just learned that there are fairly cheap ethernet replacement cards that are available which will provide a work around solution to the fried card without having to remove the defective card These cards supposedly restore the original DSL speed The tech told me to be sure and look for a full duplex card Can anyone shed any light on any of this and possibly make some recommendations

A:Fried ethernet input circuit

What's your download speed from the internet?

Also, do you know what type of USB port you were using? USB 2.0?

Also, what is the bandwidth of the USB ethernet card? 54Mbps?

Any new NICs (Network Interface Cards) should work at both full and half duplex and will be auto negotiated by your router so don't worry too much about that.

As for this 'work around' card, how does it connect to the laptop?

Unless you are using a USB 1.0 your internet connection speed should not be affected with your connection being the bottleneck which is normal. That being said you may experience slower transfer speeds between local machines on your LAN.

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300939-fried-ethernet-input-circuit.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Western Digital HDD model#WD200BB-75CAA0 and I need to replace the circuit board on it. Does the circuit board need to be from the same model hard drive or will any Western Digital circuit board work for this? This is a first for me....

A:Hard Drive Circuit Boards

It needs to be from the exact same drive or it will not read the data/disk correctly or it will not work at all.

What is wrong with the drive? Also it may still have warranty on it - 3 years on most pre oct 2002 drives. Sending it in for warranty however guarantees total data loss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-circuit-boards.156995/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Gateway NV A U laptop computer that has short circuited I inserted the battery while the system was running on adapter power but as I put it in sparks flew from the battery contacts I took the battery out flipped the computer back over Circuit Laptop Short Battery and the screen was black and the battery status Laptop Battery Short Circuit LED was pink Taking the laptop apart I found that the blue and orange LEDs were both on at the same time and the laptop no longer powers on Both LEDs for the battery light up when I connect power and the power LED Laptop Battery Short Circuit flashes briefly a few times when I press the Laptop Battery Short Circuit power button The battery contacts solder connections appear burnt but no other connections are visibly affected except maybe the nearby resistor and all the laptop s components beside the motherboard are tested okay in other computers CPU power adapter power jack CPU memory disk LCD assembly are okay The short seems isolated to the battery or power circuit but I m not sure how to proceed I have the schematic which can be found by searching the motherboard s Compal model number I ve bought a replacement motherboard but it has a weaker GPU so I d like to try repairing the old one I do not have enough experience to trust myself to swap the GPU and memory chips so fixing the short circuit is preferable Ideas Old motherboard New motherboard for comparison nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-short-circuit.1098849/
Relevancy 43%

We have a small shop and in that shop we have a computer that we use at the POS point of sales It is a custom built desktop with a Gigbit motherboard no extra sound card or graphics card It ran Windows bit The day before yesterday it bluescreened and I saved the dump on another computer This is the information from the dump Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String ATTEMPTED WRITE this or coinsidence short circuit some sort a of it is Is TO READONLY MEMORY Bug Check Code x be Parameter x e Parameter x Is this a coinsidence or is it some sort of short circuit c Parameter x ac Parameter x a Caused By Driver dxgmms sys Caused By Address dxgmms sys ee File Description DirectX Graphics MMS Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor -bit Crash Address ntkrnlpa exe d f Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe e Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Yesterday the computer would not boot up at all We removed the wireless keyboard as that was the last hw addition to the computer added about month ago and the computer finally did boot up and actually worked for a while until it got stuck in some sort of boot loop where it would shut down and boot up again but boot long enough to show anything on the screen We picked up a brand new computer custom build Gigabit motherboard no extra sound- or graphics Windows preinstalled We took out the HD and plugged in the HD from the old computer in it as it has all the software we need on it and started the new computer To our surprise it began to act exactly as the old computer getting stuck in a boot loop shuting down and starting up without getting anywere We removed the old hd from the new computer and replugged the hd it was shipped with but is just went into the same boot loop Thing is we did not try to start up the new computer with it's original HD so we do not really know it this would have happened anyway What could have happened here is it a coinsidens or did the old HD break the new computer some how

A:Is this a coinsidence or is it some sort of short circuit

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290503-coinsidence-some-sort-short-circuit.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows about a good programming for electronic circuit analysis/simulation. freeware/expensive program.

thank you in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/209144-electronic-circuit-simulation-program.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello. I am not very knowledgeable with electricity and power consumption. And im getting a new PC and would like to have my new one and my old one hooked near the same desk. Which means they would both be on the same electric circuit. I would like to know if this would pose a problem, like tripping the breaker. My old computer is a p4 with a 400w power supply and a geforce 6600 and my new PC is a quad core with a 800w power supply and 2x geforce 8800. Would i have a problem if both systems were running on the same circuit. Along with random other things that dont draw alot of power like lights.

Relevancy 43%

I have a DELL Inspirion 8500 laptop. The battery stopped charging. The battery has been confirmed to be good in another 8500 laptop and charges properly. After discussions with DELL, they suggested that the motherboard would need to be replaced. I assume there circuitry on the motherboard that charges the battery and was wondering if anyone had information that would help me to trouble shoot the circuit and fix my motherboard. By the way, the computer works fine while running on the adaptor or a fully charged battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-battery-charging-circuit.698143/
Relevancy 43%

A few months ago I on Possible circuit short laptop new brand bought a custom built laptop from cyberpower for gaming Installing the OS Possible short circuit on brand new laptop and all drivers was a breeze and everything has been working fine Today while my wife was using the computer my yo daughter apparently stuck a metal spoon handle into a usb port on the side of the computer at which time the laptop shut off and can t be turned back on The LED light on the adapter is on I read that with a short circuit the LED on the power adapater will be on when plugged into the wall but turn off when plugged into the computer However the LED light on the adapter stays on when plugged into the computer Does this eliminate a short circuit as a possibility It still seems a short circuit is the most likely explanation I ve have tried turning on the computer on battery power alone i know battery has a charge I get no sign of any power whatsoever other than the LED on the power adapter Should I open up my laptop case and try to disconnect the quot spooned quot USB ports I built my desktop and have a little experience with hardware but have never opened a laptop before I spent a large portion of what little money I have on this computer and am desperate to have it working again Please and thank you in advance for help advice btw I m using winXP pro sp if that matters and my motherboard is a Mobile Intel PM Express Chipset Mainboard im hoping it has some sort of board level fuse to protect the system nbsp

A:Possible short circuit on brand new laptop

There will be no ability to "disconnect the spooned" USB ports, the circuit board is multi-layered and all components will be surface mounted, requiring very specialised diagnostic equipment. Even the suppliers do not repair the motherboard, its just not technically or economically possible.

Any ability to do an insurance claim?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-short-circuit-on-brand-new-laptop.599655/
Relevancy 43%

Hi we've had a Verizon T1 Internet Circuit installed in our US office and although I've asked the Verizon rep to confirm what kind of presentation it will be at the demarc I get the feeling he doesn't know what he's talking about. He is saying that it will be a RJ45/RJ48 Ethernet presentation from their line box on the wall. Is this normal?

I was expecting some kind of serial link.

A:Verizon T1 Internet Circuit - What to expect?

Yes. That's normal. The T1 cards Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, etc, use a RJ48 (which is really the same plug as RJ45 but with different voltage and pinouts.) I have three Cisco routers in my lab which have T1 cards in them all interconnected with a custom crossover cable I made.

If you don't have a WAN interface on your router/firewall which can accept the RJ48 handoff, you will need to request a modem from them which will convert the T1 handoff into a standard Fast Ethernet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-t1-internet-circuit-what-to-expect.1007229/
Relevancy 43%

i am a school student.i am in my last year in school.i want to become a comp engineer and i want to learn things in advance. i want to learn building circuits with resistors ,ic's ,transistors ,etc. can u please tell me how to build one by showing an example of a basic circuit. or you may advice me a site similar to that. it will be better if you show using images. i am very eger to know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-building-circuit-for-real.893224/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 42.57%

Does anyone use any free off the internet circuit software that they can recommend?

all I want is something to allow me to draw circuits on screen and print them out, maybe there is a paint type program that has all the components that can be dragged and dropped to build the circuit?

If it has the facility to see the circuit working - then all the better but primarily all I want is to draw the circuits on screen.
Thanks,

Bob.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello somehow I managed to get following starting a computer after short circuit BSOD water into the power socket that my computer was plugged into resulting in a short circuit After reconnecting all the cables I attempted to start my computer and succeeded until the windows loading BSOD after starting computer following a short circuit screen booting was thus successful After a few seconds I received the following BSOD message The error itself sounds like it could be caused by anything Here's the carrona org BSOD index entry STOP x E SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED go to top of page Usual causes Insufficient disk space Device driver Video card BIOS Breakpoint with no debugger attached Hardware incompatibility Faulty system service Memory rd party remote control There is definitely enough disk space available video card drivers are up to date and hardware incompatibility sounds implausible given that the system ran just fine for two years with these components That leaves device drivers GPU BIOS breakpoint with no debugger attached memory faulty system service and rd party remote control Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the error further since I can't interpret the parameters of the error properly what comes after the x e Help of any description is highly appreciated in particular analysis of the aforementioned parameters My System Core i Dual GTX GB Dual Caviar Black TB R Corsair Force GB SSD Corsair Dominator GT GB DDR - Asus Rampage III Extreme Corsair AX PSU Windows I would also like to apologize for not being able to follow the posting instructions seeing as I cannot install diagnostic software given the situation I am in Thanks for your time Mark

A:BSOD after starting computer following a short circuit

Please upload the dump files by following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327780-bsod-after-starting-computer-following-short-circuit.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Dear: Windows Eight Forums
First of all you should know I am an electrical engineer. You see I trying to download this software called circuit diagram and I downloaded it successfully and I am running into a troubleshooting error. Just to let you know the error is unknown so don't bother asking me what the error is. Also I have ran numerous antivirus scans, restarted my computer, and ran troubleshooter compatibility and I noticed something weird. When I ran the troubleshooter compatibility when I noticed it said that the software is incompatible with my computer. That is a little weird when it said that on the products homepage that it should be compatible with my computer. I have downloaded the software 5 times can somebody please help me?

A:unknown troubleshooting error in Circuit Diagram?

Sorry guys in case you are wondering what circuit diagram is look here.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54732-unknown-troubleshooting-error-circuit-diagram.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am building a S LiPo battery pack that I would like to incorporate in a portable speaker project and I need to make sure the batteries will never require maintenance beside replacing them completely in years or so The batteries I am using are NCR B so they should be pretty decent I am using the following BMS board that is using a Seiko charging IC In order to test that this works properly I intentionally unbalanced a cell by having it charged up to V and I left the other cells at the same voltage of V The bench power supply is set to V for charging and the following things can be observed As soon as the first battery is charged to V the pack is disconnected from the power supply In this particular case the total energy in the pack is pretty low because the batteries where significantly unbalanced Why not disconnect only the most charged cell I am unable to detect balancing with the power supply on or off after the BMS decides charging is done No current is flowing from the most charged cell I tried an alternative balancing board and this behavior seems to be consistent All the commercial balancing PCBs quot work quot the same way How does all this balancing actually work What would be the best option for my scenario where I need a S pack from which the load will draw peaks of A for short periods of time

A:How does a battery balance and protection circuit work?

I am working at Kynix semiconductor,maybe I can help you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439222-how-does-battery-balance-protection-circuit-work.html
Relevancy 42.57%

dear sir/madam ,
i am involved in the developnment of constant current source circuit for range
(1 ohm - 20 k ohm) 7 frequency (1 hz - 5 m hz). i.e. for low freq and high freq both. so i have to select an op amp which better suits this application . please kindly help me out on this regards..
with best regards
yogesh

A:constant current souce using howland circuit

Hi YOGIRATAN and welcome to TSG.

You could start by checking out the full specs of the op-amps whose part numbers are listed in an appendix of this
app note:
http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-1515.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-current-souce-using-howland-circuit.1018672/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi ...
i need electronic circuit digram motherboard 8i845ge-rz(gigabyte) that repair it ...
tanx

A:electronic circuit digram motherboard 8i845ge-rz

You can download your manual at the link below either in English or Traditional Chinese.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Manual_Model.aspx?ProductID=1861

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/electronic-circuit-digram-motherboard-8i845ge-rz.764344/
Relevancy 42.57%

My relative spilled some tea on his laptop Unfortunately the darn thing won t accept the AC Adapter It will turn white than orange and just sit there without actually charging or powering anything It says it s there but it s Bad Pavilion charging/power g7-1150: circuit hp not It won t charge and when you remove the battery while it s running it looses power I opened it up and found that area was rather corroded I cleaned the area with alcohol but the damage was already done and the only fix I can find is replacing the motherboard The entire system runs perfectly fine except that darn area Is there a way to bypass the charging circuit and deliver the proper voltage directly via the battery connector or is there a way to modify the battery so it ll hp Pavilion g7-1150: Bad charging/power circuit charge from an external source He doesn t really care as long as I can get his laptop working again without spending the cost of the laptop to fix it I was thinking a battery pack that connected normally that has an external connector for a charger nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g7-1150-bad-charging-power-circuit.1089050/
Relevancy 42.57%

Moderators can move my topic if I missed the right place

So, yesterday I was listening music on my laptop with earphones. I accidentally unplugged the earphones, so I tried to plug them. Because my room light was off(it was pass midnight) i couldnt hit the earphones jack, so i hit the usb jack. Suddenly the laptop just shutted down and i cant turn it on again. Laptop was on acdc, battery was full, so the battery is no problem... The weather outside was ok, no lightening etc...the other electric devices in house are working fine..
Earphones- regular sony smartphpne eatphones, laptop-asus r510c

Could it be that i somehow made a short circuit? Did anyone had problem like this and how big is the damage?? I just dont wont to spend again 400? on laptop...pls help

Greeting from hot croatia!

A:Laptop wont start( possible short circuit? )

Sounds like you could have shorted out the 5VDC supply and/or the USB signal buss. Either way it doesn't sound good.

EDIT: Can try pulling power and the battery, let it sit for awhile. Re-install the battery, plug in and see what happens.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69702-laptop-wont-start-possible-short-circuit.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am looking to swap a Circuit board on an ST3320620AS seagate 320 Barracuda SATA hard drive. Has anyone had any issue with the firmware or anything else when they tried this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-circuit-boards-on-a-seagate-st3320620as-any-got-one.577508/
Relevancy 42.57%

I took an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop in on trade today. It works just fine as long as it is connected to wall current. It has a battery in it; but, I don't know if the laptop's charging circuit is bad or if the battery, itself, is bad.

Anyone know of a way to determine this without opening up the laptop's "innards"?

I don't want to buy a battery and then find out the charging circuit doesn't work.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. I have a question about battery backup systems or UPS where now they have a sealed pack of 2 numbers of batteries as 1 battery.

I know that having a second battery will increase either voltage or capacity, depending on how they are wired. Hooked
up in series will increase the voltage, so if a battery is 12V, then your will have a 24V system or unit. Parallel wiring will increase the capacity and thus run-time.

Now, if the the 2 connected batteries ARE tied together as one unit, and the batteries ARE wired in a "SERIES" circuit, HOW CAN 24 volts ANYWAY improve run-time versus 12 volts? (BECAUSE THAT IS HOW I AM FINDING THEY ARE WIRED -- IN "SERIES"; IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.) Can it provide ANY positive effect to run-time? Doesn't it REALLY NEED to be wired in PARALLEL in order to increase run-time?

Please reply.

Thank you!

A:Battery Backup Systems Or UPS - 2 Batteries - In Series Circuit - Bad?

Hello.

I have come to a conclusion after reading and speaking to people. There is no difference between the different circuit runtimes. I was failing to see that both series and parallel circuits have the runtimes when converting from DC to AC. I was getting hung up on the differences between volts and ampere effect on runtime. However during runtimes, I found that the cells discharge twice as fast alone in a parallel circuit to get the same amount of amps at 120 volt output (required for AC) than a series circuit. However, comparing total runtime to discharge between a parallel and series circut -- they would be the same total runtime.

So there are two factors that I failed to realize: 1. There is an inverse realtionship between amps (flow or volume of current) and volts (pressure or strength of a flow or volume of current). So if I am trying to evaluate one or the other measurements because of this inverse relationship there, there was never any constant for me to do so since they are opposing each other -- so it cannot be done. 2. I was converting from DC to AC current (What happens in a UPS during power loss.) so there was a constant I had to relate to household voltage (120 volts) -- both kinds of circuits have to be in agreement when the constant is nominal house voltage (AC need to power your compoents for power loss. Being that the AC is what is end energy being used (1 amp at 120 volts), both kinds of circuits have to produce the same total power. Either way you would get the same 120 volt run time.

This required some research and thinking!!!

Example:
You need to draw 10 amps from a 12 volt system to get 1 amp at 120 volts. You need to draw 5 amps from a 24 volt system to get 1 amp at 120 volts.

Makes sense?

Please reply.

Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/118036-battery-backup-systems-ups-2-batteries-series-circuit-bad.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I have a notebook running WinXp Pro It is only a month old I dont know if this has anything to do with it but I will report it anyway as it seems relevant because before it everything was fine and after it things weren t fine Yesterday a lamp broke down in my apartment I didnt witness it but my girlfriend said that there was a huge spark and then the lamp went out No fuses broke and the rest of the electrical equipment including my laptop which was plugged in with the power adapter didnt suffer from this power surge Or so it seemed Now when I record a sound even when there is no microphone plugged in I can hear a buzzing sound Almost like there is some Hz radiotransmitter active I have moved the laptop through the entire building but I can still hear it on my recordings and the volume of the noise also doesnt seem to diminish I need to know what Sound/audio short show (OR sparks circuit) noise after I can to do find out what is causing this and I need to know what I can do to fix it so please help me The apartment is in Denmark Regards Schurk nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

HP Support Assistant keeps telling me that I need to install an update for "intel inter-integrated circuit (i2c) driver". Every time I try to do it though, it fails. What is a solution to this problem? Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/intel-inter-integrated-circuit-i2c-driver-update-fails/td-p/5836615
Relevancy 41.71%

I just bought my refurb HP pavilion DV four months ago and ever since I have been ocd around it no drinks no food on the same table putting it in a case when carrying it from on Short - HELP! Circuit? Laptop Solved: Water Keyboard Spilled room to room well its just my luck that today I absentmindedly put a glass of water on the right side of my laptop I ve done this a number of times but always have been lucky by realizing my mistake halfway through and and putting the glass on the floor But today I reached out to get scissors from my cup of pens and BAM half a glass of water onto Solved: Water Spilled on Laptop Keyboard - Short Circuit? HELP! the right side of my keyboard Now here s when I go into panic mode - I got my hairdryer turned to the the high setting and left the blowdryer on the part that got water on it The laptop is ON throughout this time seemingly fine Then my keyboard starts typing quot Solved: Water Spilled on Laptop Keyboard - Short Circuit? HELP! BBBBBBBB quot repeatedly without me pressing it and wont stop This is when I become smart and think to turn the laptop off but then like an idiot turn it back on again to see if it is working as the microsoft load bar is starting up it freezes I again panic and then pull out the battery without shutting it down properly Now I run to my roomates computer and quickly search up what to do with a wet laptop I am using her computer now My face fell as I realized that what I have done is exactly what you should NOT do when trying to deal with a wet keyboard -do not use a blowdryer since it can blow dry water deeper into your laptop the heat can also melt components in your laptop -do not leave or turn the laptop on as it can short circuit it -do not leave the laptop right side up as I realized I have done everything possible WRONG I run back turn the laptop upside down and put a rotating fan that blows air past it not directly on it I get a hand towel and press down on the keys which pushes some water out so I can wipe it off The next day I examine the laptop and decide to put a rolled up piece of newspaper in the middle of the laptop to take some of the pressure off the hinge I planned to wait hours which is about hours from now I m really worried because I ve basically put my laptop at risk in all possible ways by using a blowdryer leaving it on for minutes right side up and turning it on if it helps my laptop was running on battery power at the time and not the ac adapter but I doubt that will change anything I m really afraid I shortcircuited something by allowing the water to sink deeper into my laptop when I could have avoided it by simply turning it upside down and trying to get the water out with a towel it will be really hard for me to buy another laptop since I am very short on money note that my wet laptop is refurb so I m pretty bummed right now Yes I know I m an idiot Can anyone give me a worst case scenario of what will happen What parts will I have to replace or will I have to buy a whole new laptop I m already looking up laptops on best buy because I fear the worst Thank you I will let you know how my laptop is doing in hours nbsp

A:Solved: Water Spilled on Laptop Keyboard - Short Circuit? HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-water-spilled-on-laptop-keyboard-short-circuit-help.835811/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys, I was just using my laptop the other day with the charger plugged in, and then suddenly the laptop charger's light turned off and the charging stopped. (I have included a video that displays what happens when the charger is plugged in). I tried to disassemble the laptop and checked the DC jack but it's fine i.e. nothing unusual can be seen
I tried the charger on other dell laptops and it works fine. I also tried other Dell charger on my laptop, but it also doesn't charge the laptop, instead the same happens i.e. the charger's indicator light turns off. I have to replug on from the power cord to make the indicator light on again.
I think the problem lies with the laptop. But the laptop works fine on battery. I have also attached a youtube link) (www.youtube.com/watch

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980588
Relevancy 41.71%

i want input jack 4V of a signals mic to send circuit +/- to Design/modification to set up a circuit which senses electric signals of the body electro-cardio signals Design/modification of a circuit to send +/- 4V signals to mic input jack and sends them to an iphone mic jack I have already downloaded and hooked up a circuit to detect heartbeats you can see the circuit diagram at the following link I am excluding http otherwise the website will not accept the Design/modification of a circuit to send +/- 4V signals to mic input jack message sites google com site hearts Design/modification of a circuit to send +/- 4V signals to mic input jack site home technical-setup i get a reasonably reliable signal of amplitude approx - V I have yet to check the exact value with a multi-meter so what I would like you to comment on is can there be an even better circuit smaller cheaper to hook-up the setup modification required to input this signal into the mic jack of the iphone I may mention that this is in connection with a project i am working on as part of my masters degree in Sydney and would be glad to acknowledge your contribution I need to finalise this electronics part of the design ASAP so if possible then you can please message me directly on my gmail address as well maksdesk at gmail com Thnx in advance and regards nbsp

A:Design/modification of a circuit to send +/- 4V signals to mic input jack

Hi Maksdesk, welcome to our forum and I would like to be able to offer a constructive suggestion but I'm sorry but I do not have any knowledge of this field. Hopefully someone else will be able to help, there is lot of knowledgeable people out there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/design-modification-of-a-circuit-to-send-4v-signals-to-mic-input-jack.146269/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 40.85%

The breaker popped last night, desktop Dell with Windows XP wont load. Splash screen appears for about 30 seconds, the only options are F2 for setup and F12 for boot, then brings me to a "no boot drive available" Followed by
SATA 0- INSTALLED
SATA 1- INSTALLED
SATA 2 NONE
SATA 3 NONE
SATA 4 NONE
SATA 5 NONE

Between last night and this morning Ive spent about 4 hours searching forums and changing my boot-up sequence, disabled the FDC, to no avail, it still wont work. Any help would be appreciated.

BIOS INFO: 1.0.3 6/20/2008
Processor type- Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz

A:Circuit breaker popped, now my Dell wont load, stuck at splash screen..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circuit-breaker-popped-now-my-dell-wont-load-stuck-at-splash-screen.898292/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello!

My toshiba doesn't want to boot,and I can't press F2,F8or F12.

I tried everything unplugging the battery,taking out the HDD, everything!!

And i can't do absoloutley nothing when i turn it on no button on the keybored does anything.

Please help!

A:Toshiba satellite P300 (-1CD) won't boot past toshiba splash screen.

Hello,

Perform the following steps:
-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.

If still unsuccessful: Remember to remove battery and power before removing/installing components

-Remove the power and battery
-Remove the hard drive from the laptop and attempt to boot with the battery installed. Do you receive any error message?
-Remove the memory modules from the laptop
-Insert just the battery and attempt to start the laptop (you should receive beep error)
-Try inserting just one module of memory and test (swapping modules after each attempt)
-Remove the optical drive and test.
-Try disconnecting the CMOS battery for a few minutes then re-connect and try.

How to take apart a Toshiba Satellite P305 series notebook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-satellite-p300-1cd-wont-boot-past-toshiba-splash-screen-676312.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,
My laptop cannot tell me any post after the Toshiba logo just black screen. Cannot get into the bios or anything... These are the things I have tried:
Taken hard drive out,
Taken ram out and only tried one..
Taken Battery Cmos battery out for a few minutes..
Had a look at the motherboard and fan is not even working when I turn it on..
I have taken the cpu and put it back in..
Defiantly Sounds like the motherboard problem but want to know if its just a chip that needs to be replaced and soldered.. If anyone has any ideas that will be awesome.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c650d-black-screen-after-toshiba-logo.219496/
Relevancy 37.41%

I wonder if there are any Techheads out there looking for a challenge?

I have a new Toshiba LCD HDTV that I want to use as the primary and only monitor for my Toshiba Satellite laptop.

I want to eliminate the laptops screen altogether.

I would like to know if there exists a connector or some other way to connect my laptops ribbon cable output to a VGA output and then to the HDTV via a VGA cable; or if there is a better way to go?

The screen on this 4year old laptop got cracked so I have to spend at least $75.00 for parts alone and if I go that way I might as well buy another laptop, or use a desktop with a wireless keyboard which will cost more than $100.00 to set up.

Besides, this seems like a kinda cool fix so if anyone has any bright Ideas, please respond.
Thanks

Relevancy 37.41%

Notebook information Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows Home Premium -bit About a month ago I was on my notebook browsing clipart on Office Microsoft com when a window popped up in the lower right corner taskbar The only anti-virus I was using was Windows Defender and running IOBit I will tell you Registration Toshiba Notebook infection issue Toshiba & what I remember The window borders in the pop up were red it presented itself as a Microsoft Windows product and it stated I was infected with a virus There were or buttons to click and I clicked one of them which prompted me to buy the product I did not do this I closed the window again and again and downloaded several anti-virus anti-spyware and anti-malware free programs in addition to system optimization software Several threats were found and removed unfortunately I do not have the logs for these events but the startup was getting slower and slower and I believe my settings were being hijacked Over the last several weeks I did a little amateur investigation to see what was running in the task manager I came across a process that I was not familiar with and that I had not seen previously taisregistpinger exe I performed about a half dozen factory restores which only seemed to make things worse until on after the last factory restore on the original factory hard drive the desktop was now a blue screen with big bold red font that read WARNING your computer is now infected with malware spyware I can t remember It had a couple more paragraphs that I did not read After weeks of headaches and frustration I purchased a new hard rive On I installed the new hard drive and ran the recovery media DVD s All went well and I proceeded to download Avir Anti-Virus SuperAntispyware Advanced System Care IOBit Malwarebytes and CCleaner Then I moved on to download the Windows Updates The first set downloaded and installed fine with a prompt to restart Toshiba Notebook infection & Toshiba Registration issue which I did Then I went back to Windows Updates to check for additional updates which there was a single download It was downloaded installed and restarted with no problems I went back to Windows Update again to check for more updates again and there was another individual update I downloaded and installed it This download did not have a restart prompt but I did anyway Upon start up an Internet Explorer Toshiba Registration window popped up indicating that it could connect to the internet Here s the problem with this window This window is not the same as the real original Toshiba Registration window as when I opened the brand new laptop and registered it for the first time in I located this quot file quot in Start All Programs My Toshiba Toshiba Registration When I open it I see Icons that do not seem to fit with the other legit Toshiba icons I will get to the outcome of this in a minute After that window popped up I left it there didn t click anywhere on it I ran a scan with IOBit which detected and removed Trojan Win BHO Registry Key HKEY CLASSES ROOT kt bho KettleBho - I was still not comfortable that either of these issues were taken care of So last night I contacted Microsoft to get assistance with the window and the Trojan At the beginning of the call I could not log into our home network to access the internet He directed me to go Internet Properties Connection click LAN Settings uncheck Automatic Detection settings check Use Proxy server Click OK then to Advanced tab and Reset I was then able to access the network and get the internet The Microsoft representative did his thing with remote access ran a scan which did not detect any viruses spyware or malware but fixed registry issues Then he scanned my notebook again which came up clean He confirmed that my system was free of viruses but I voiced my concern regarding the window He had me work on the system while he watched remotely to see if the incidence would occur again I proceeded to go to Start All Programs My Toshiba and Tosh... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384765/toshiba-notebook-infection-toshiba-registration-issue/
Relevancy 35.26%

What would you choose and why I had both now with the centrino Sure my centrino is not a or cpu but Im starting to realize the M30 Toshiba vs 7101U Toshiba A70-RT100 higher the cpu doesnt mean better all the time Depends what you run etc I dont play Toshiba A70-RT100 vs Toshiba M30 7101U games on my laptop anyways so but everyday when I see that my video is dedicated and not onboard and hear my wonderful Harmon Kardon speakers the best Ive ever heard on a laptop ever BTW it makes me realize the extra money was worth it Considering i travel alot and do alot of presentations on my laptop so Toshiba A70-RT100 vs Toshiba M30 7101U nice sounding speakers is a bonus These speakers even Toshiba A70-RT100 vs Toshiba M30 7101U sound better than my home ones for clarity M http www toshiba ca web specifications grp lg en amp section amp group amp product amp part dedicated video and harmon kardon speakers brushed aluminum shell A http www toshiba ca web specifications grp lg en amp section amp group amp product amp part onboard video and the worst speakers ever heard on a laptop cant even hear it in a small room blue plastic nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a70-rt100-vs-toshiba-m30-7101u.276770/
Relevancy 33.54%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 31.82%

Is it better Toshiba Service Station Vers. 2.6.13 or MSI Wizard Toshiba Service Station last update on 02.26.2015?
Also why, if I remove the first in favor of the second it will be unable to put it back in the future?

A:Toshiba Service Station v2.6.13 vs MSI Wizard Toshiba Service

MSI Wizard Toshiba Service isn’t known to me but Toshiba Service Station is preinstalled on most Toshiba notebooks and tablets and this software notifies you about the new software and driver updates.

It’s a nice tool in order to keep the software always up to date.
Therefore I would not recommend you to remove this utility from the system.

Nevertheless if you already removed this utility, you are able to download this software from the Toshiba driver website.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82903-Toshiba-Service-Station-v2-6-13-vs-MSI-Wizard-Toshiba-Service
Relevancy 30.53%

I posted an earlier question about "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable"
I've been intouch with HP who told me it was probably the Hard Drive & the MB but a local PC store says that both are unlikely to be down, he tried to connect to the HD using an adapter but he couldn't detect it. So it's most likely the HD. Before I go buying a new HD I read about a PCB Board for sale on Ebay that fixes 50% of bad drives. I'm not sure of the likelyhood of this working - could it really work? and is it easy to change whatever I have to change?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAGATE-ST98082...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Thanks.

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 and I was looking at going to an AM2+ processor at some point in the future. Have to figure out other problems first. I know the board will "work" with the newer AMDs but Gigabyte says:

(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted.

What does this mean exactly? Would a quad or tri with this impact act any better than my x2 5000 black (currently OC to 3.1). Do I need a newer board to run these in any way that will show gains.

I guess the main reason I'm asking is that Vista says my CPU has the lowest performance index of any of my parts. Like your thoughts. Thanks.

A:AM2+ in AM2 Board

It means that the HyperTransport link (the bus which connects the CPU to the rest of the system) will not be as fast as possible. I don't think it will bring a performance degradation on a desktop system though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-in-am2-board.108620/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have 2 keys on my keyboard that don't respond when hit. They are the letter B & N. Any ideas on whats causing this? Tried using different key board
with same results

A:key board

try a system restore to a previous date when it was working fine...you may have added or removed software recently that corrupted your keyboard driver did you say you tried a USB keyboard too and it did not work or vice versa if your original keyboard is a USB keyboard,,,then did you try a PS2 Keyboard and it did not work either...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-452712.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Looks like the 754 is an extinct species. But I still have a couple of working cpu for 754, and ddr400, and agp cards....so anybody know a source other than evil bay?

Relevancy 30.53%

what ram would be best for the dfi nf4 sli board?

ocz has ram made just for dfi but i dont know
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...pc_5000_dual_channel_platinum_dfi_nf4_special

or should i go with something like this
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_dual_channel_platinum_rev_2

A:ram for dfi nf4 board

nice to see that a mobo manufacturer besides ABIT is putting out the extra money to put the good japanese caps on their boards. The specs for the board says it only supports DDR 400. So does that mean it won't support a Clawhammer with 1GHz FSB? weird. Anyway if you have a 1GHz FSB you would need the PC5000. i still don't get it. Sorry I'm an Intel guy so I'm not really into AMD, but no one was answering your post so.......... I thought all the 939 socket AMD's were 1GHz FSB? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-dfi-nf4-board.25045/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI I HAVE JUST INSTALED A VERSION OF WINDOWS XP HOME ON A FRIENDS
LAPTOP AMILO L7300 WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WHEN WE ARE TYPING IT GIVE SOME WRONG CHRATERISTICS TRIED THE NUMBER LOCK AND THE FN KEY STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-461965.html
Relevancy 30.53%

hellow getsi live in pakistan. i hv HP envy 15 - 3207tx model B8M39PA. some keys of my laptop do not function. mechenics say it should be replaced. i did not find any key board in peshawar,  islam abad and even in lahore. its key board No is 668834-001. kindly help me how can i get key board. thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-board/td-p/5781751
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm planning on upgrading my processor later on to a core 2 duo e6750. The thing is what motherboard should I get because right now I'm on a dell E510 and the current motherboard in my computer doesn't support core 2 duo processors.
What's a good motherboard that will fit and is not too pricey?

Thanks.

A:What board?

You are likely better off building a whole new pc, rather than try to upgrade a dell. You may run into problems and find out that only other dell parts will fit your case.

If you think that you may want to upgrade in the future then it is best to build your own pc and stay away from propriatary parts. This way you won't have to worry about adding a new psu, mobo, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-board.652384/
Relevancy 30.53%

my board is an ecs l7vmm3, can any one help me if i can put an 512mb ddr400 memory into it? im currently using 2x256mb ddr333. i just couldn't found info on their site regarding that matter. thanks

A:help ddr on my ecs board

Go here and do a scan: http://www.crucial.com/
Crucial says VMM2 supports DDR400, but they don't have VMM3 on the list, I don't know if it finds info for that board with the automatic scan...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ddr-on-my-ecs-board.775788/
Relevancy 30.53%

I hope you kind folks can help me with a keylogger that I ve picked up a few days ago and haven t been able to get rid of I have a log here from hijackthis that I think points out the problem But I have no idea how to get rid of it Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Norton Internet New need I and this help some to board Security Engine ccSvcHst exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer New to this board and I need some help hpsysdrv exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeC Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x PictureMover Bin PictureMover exeC Program Files x Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http netscape aol com R - HKLM New to this board and I need some help Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HP Remote Solution ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder quot C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup Activation NobuActivation exe quot UNATTENDEDO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files x Trojan Remover Trjscan exe bootO - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run tcactive C Program Files x The Cleaner tcap exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmi... Read more

A:New to this board and I need some help

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305174/new-to-this-board-and-i-need-some-help/
Relevancy 30.53%

The XPS 13 laptop has an LED board in it. The board plugs into the motherboard, but it's not really clear to me what's for. The board is pictured here, www.ebay.com/.../262105473513

A:What is the LED board for?

It holds the system LEDs -- charging, power, etc.  They're on the front edge of the palmrest in this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993164
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a compaq computer that stopped booting up about six months ago after i ran the restore disks. When I took it to a shop to be checked he found that by moving the RAM card to the empty slot worked and the computer did fine but he warned he didnt know if it would stay that way.
My daughter had to run the disks again and now its doing the same thing. I was told that the problem seemed to be in the mother board. My question is ... can i take the Ram card out of that computer and put it in my IBM compatible to increase its memory ... or will there be stuff from the other computer stored on that so that i cant use it in another computer?
HELP HELP

A:RAM Board

turtle523
RAM (Random Access Memory) only stores information temporarily
while the computer it is installed in is running. When a computer is properly shut down one of the functions of shutdown is to write information from the vcache to your hard drive.
So no usable information is stored on the RAM card.
Swapping RAM cards from one PC to another is not recommended since there are many different configurations of RAM and RAM cards and the card you pulled from the down unit may not be compatible with your other PC. Before you attempt such a swap you should do more investigation on what type of card was in the Compaq and what type is used in the other PC. Motherboards can be very fussy.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-board.55788/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys! How can i identify the proper driver for my driver on my onboard agp vid accelerator... I recently formatted my computer and forgot to get the details of my driver.. now im having problems with my vid adpater... help please

A:On board AGP Vid RAM

Try PC Wizard - linked below on my sig. I don't know if it'll work on a driverless board. Also, you can look at your motherboard, locate the model number - look it up with google.com

its either Intel, Nvidia, ATI/AMD, VIA or SIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-agp-vid-ram.685178/
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

I nbsp bought an HP spectre notebook nbsp and purchased an HP nbsp accidental damage plan waranty and year Care Pack This plan covers accidental liquid spills nbsp It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE nbsp THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP nbsp I was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were many witnesses nbsp keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to board send on site repair staff but I couldn't take hours off of work board to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and or water is a covered board event nbsp They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed nbsp I called them and they said someone would get back to me nbsp I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself nbsp I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee nbsp I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside nbsp I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined nbsp there was a nbsp dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff nbsp I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands nbsp I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care nbsp I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer nbsp They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been nbsp HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and nbsp they again claimed there nbsp been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me on April th They told me the case was closed and indicated nothing abou... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/board/td-p/5611850
Relevancy 30.53%

I need help in locating drivers for a 648 MAX MSI motherboard, and I also need help in locating drivers for the network card also. Its ethernet

any help would be appreciated, I have XP-home edition installed on the computer

A:648 Max MSI board

I guess this is your board.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=648_Max-L&class=mb

You have a sis chipset, so you look for sis, xp, drivers for whatever device you want.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1

I think the top driver here is for your lan.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=2&CHIP=2&COM=16

I think the top one here is agp.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=1&CHIP=1&COM=3

Or you can get drivers from sis.
http://www.sis.com/download/
Look that it's compatible with your motherboards chipset before you dl, it says your chipset on the link to your motherboard above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/648-max-msi-board.29435/
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

Laptop under warranty, including accidental damage, until spring, 2016.  Sent it for repairs...blotches on screen and keyboard failure 4 days ago.  Received it back today, july 10, w/ a note claiming device contains "biohardous material" and cannot ever be repaired by HP due to health danger to support techs.  What the hell sort of biohazard can a computer contain?  I'm elderly, live alone, keep the device on a table by itself.  There is no radioactivity within hundreds of miles of here.  I have NO health issues which would constitute a biohazard: early cataract, mild depression, occasional insomnia, high blood pressure.   What constitutes a biohazard so dangerous that a tech's health might be endangered?  I'm on a fixed income and cannot afford another computer.  I am at a total loss.  Is this some scam to avoid honoring a warranty on a not-too-popular device?  Please advise.  Thanks!    

A:board

I bought an HP spectre 360 notebook and purchased an HP accidental damage plan waranty and 2 year Care Pack. This plan covers accidental liquid spills. It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill. NONE.  THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP. I was at a coffee shop, and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water, coffe and tea. It spilled all over my computer. There were many witnesses. 3 keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill. I contacted HP and they offered to send on site repair staff, but I couldn't take 6 hours off of work to wait for them to come. HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow. They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee. tea, and/or water is a covered event. They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them. I took photos of the computer condition before shipping. It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could. I sent the computer in. When it got there, I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD. It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed. I called them and they said someone would get back to me. I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me. I figured it had been repaired. They gave no info about the computer itself. I got the box on April 27th. There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box. I opened it and pulled out my computer. The inside of the box was wet. the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee. I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer, they need to fix it. I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment. The liquid had been all over my hands. It seemed like an awful lot of liquid. I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside. I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined there was a "dangerous biohazard" liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a "safety and health risk" to their staff. I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with "biohazard" checked off as a reason why they would not fix it. This alleged "biohazard" was all over the notice itself, and was all over my hands. I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care. I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white/brown liquid was "urine." HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it. I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation. All agreeed it was coffee, not urine, and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make. All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair. I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer. They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them. That box arrived May 2nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office. I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been. HP signed for the computer on May 3rd. On May 4th, HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer, and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in. I pointe dout that they already had the computer. They signed for it on May 3rd. HP wrote me on May 5th to tell me they had searche their records and they again claimed there been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/board/td-p/5145007