Windows Support Forum

Lost HDD2 when downgrading from Vista Business to XP pro on Toshiba Satellite P300

Q: Lost HDD2 when downgrading from Vista Business to XP pro on Toshiba Satellite P300

Hi guys,

Just want to find out how to get my computer to register the HDD2 (D: drive). I followed the provided instructions from Toshiba for downgrading to XP from Vista. The sheet said to select any option other than return to out of box state or maintain current partition. So I chose the only other option available.......which was remove the partition or something like that. Now I have 2 hard drives totalling 500Gb, but only one drive registers. What is the best way to sort this out......

Appreciate the help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hdd2-when-downgrading-from-vista-business-to-xp-pro-on-toshiba-satellite-p300.148361/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost HDD2 when downgrading from Vista Business to XP pro on Toshiba Satellite P300

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.46%

Hello!

My toshiba doesn't want to boot,and I can't press F2,F8or F12.

I tried everything unplugging the battery,taking out the HDD, everything!!

And i can't do absoloutley nothing when i turn it on no button on the keybored does anything.

Please help!

A:Toshiba satellite P300 (-1CD) won't boot past toshiba splash screen.

Hello,

Perform the following steps:
-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.

If still unsuccessful: Remember to remove battery and power before removing/installing components

-Remove the power and battery
-Remove the hard drive from the laptop and attempt to boot with the battery installed. Do you receive any error message?
-Remove the memory modules from the laptop
-Insert just the battery and attempt to start the laptop (you should receive beep error)
-Try inserting just one module of memory and test (swapping modules after each attempt)
-Remove the optical drive and test.
-Try disconnecting the CMOS battery for a few minutes then re-connect and try.

How to take apart a Toshiba Satellite P305 series notebook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-satellite-p300-1cd-wont-boot-past-toshiba-splash-screen-676312.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys could you help me.
I have a toshiba Satallite Pro P300 and i have glued two keys to the keyboard and have two more keys mssing on my laptop so i have bought another keyboard for the laptop and it was delivered this morning.
My problem is i havent got a clue to how to replace it and install it into my laptop.
Could any one give me a step by step walk through on how to take off my original and replace it with the new one i have had delivered this morning.
cheers
Andylane

A:New keyboard install on Toshiba Satellite Pro P300

hello ,
the best thing is to follow the manufacture book , it's the most helpful thing in the world . you can also youTube it but it's impossible to write a step by step on here , and even if i do you will be confused .
check it toshiba website for documentation

PS: advice dont not do it unless your sure that you can handle it other wise you will be left with screws and plastic all over the place it happend to me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-keyboard-install-on-toshiba-satellite-pro-p300.148363/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello everyone I wasn t very clever of placing continiously my laptop on the floor which lead to me stepping on it the other day and now I have a broken screen It still works but there are colored cracks I contacted Toshiba to check about the cost of such a repair and I was told that the price of the screen only will be more than the work and all will 1G6 - P300 17" screen broken Satellite - Toshiba make it about I also contacted a local computer shop and they said that a non genuine Toshiba screen will cost work My question here is Can I by myself the screen on the internet and does it take any special skills to mount it on the laptop I have just a bit more than basic skills in repairing elecronics and I suppose I will be able to change it if it doesn t take any special skills or tools And Toshiba Satellite P300 - 1G6 - 17" broken screen as well what screen should I buy A genuine Toshiba one or a less expensive one also does its job The brand and the model of the laptop are Toshiba Satellite P - G - quot Thanks in advance for all eventual responses Regards Nicolas nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

This is a cut and paste of a previous post but one which I am having a problem with today saves me typing it out again When I start my laptop it stops on he Toshiba leading innovation screen and only provides the option to do one of two things This is what it says at the bottome of the page quot Press F to enter Setup F to enter Multiboot Selection Menu quot I have tried both I pressed F I've press F and neither one gets me pst the screen - When I press either after the Toshiba screen is visible they do nothing - If I press the F during boot up the instruction at the bottom of the page says quot Please Wait quot However I waited for hours and nothing ever happened The quot please wait quot message just sat there - If I press the F during boot up the instruction at the bottom of the page says quot Press F SETUP Entering boot device selection menu quot Then it just sits there and does nothing The Toshiba Leading Innovation screen remains the whole time I have tried removeing the battery and draining flea power - this does not resolve the issue When I restart the laptop I get the situation as per line above No amount of tapping F does anything I m always back to the Toshiba leading Innovation page The fan is working but the HDD led never flickers Any suggestions please Thanks

A:Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen

Is anyone ever on this forum????

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83132-Satellite-Pro-P300-23L-Cant-get-past-Toshiba-Leading-Innovation-screen
Relevancy 87.72%

years ago i bought this laptop and months ago its was very lazy so i upgrade it to win and now with in months its laziest then before what i need is factory restore so i get back my original with issue Toshiba problem Factory a Default i have P300 satellite winVista which is in Recovery Partation hidden drive in Manuel its says turn off lapy and then turn on keep pressing F there will be option for Computer repair etc but there is no such option while i do that then i did some google search where it says turn of lapy and press hold Zero Numeric and press turn on which will take u i have a problem with Toshiba satellite P300 Factory Default issue direct to repair i did that too but there i get these options Windows Vista Server Pointer Windows Vista Server Windows Vista Server debug-default mode Windows Vista Server debug-legacy mode Windows Vista Server no slic-pointer Windows Vista Server no-slic Windows NT XP Loader Help Use the up down keys to highlight an entry Press enter or 'b' to boot Press 'c' for a command line now i have Recovery Partation drive as hidden and i have no idea how to restore factory Default Anyone who can help me

A:i have a problem with Toshiba satellite P300 Factory Default issue

Did you just hold F8 in on boot or were you continually tapping it ?

EDIT...Just read a link which advised to shut the laptop down twice and prior to the next boot, hold the 0 in and then switch on - this may give you the correct Recovery Menu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-have-a-problem-with-toshiba-satellite-p300-factory-default-issue-667880.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello display problem (Vista Satellite / - graphics P300 32-bit) I recently took care of my brother's Satellite P - C laptop running Vista Home Premium -bit after he reported that the display had suddenly become distorted The laptop was not dropped or physically damaged in any way Multiple sections of the display Satellite P300 (Vista 32-bit) - graphics / display problem are slightly shifted vertically giving a quot Satellite P300 (Vista 32-bit) - graphics / display problem wobbly quot look there are horizontal white lines at various places and small parts of the screen are duplicated The problem is reproduced when I connect to an external monitor so it's not a screen issue but something to do with the graphics adapter ATI Mobility Radeon HD or driver First thing I tried was to load the default BIOS settings and run the Toshiba HDD recovery from the hidden partition This appeared to run successfully but after the program completes and Windows is setting up the system restarts and the screen stays blank If I restart press F amp try to launch safe mode it says quot Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode To continue installing Windows restart the computer quot If I press F to go back into repair mode and repeat HDD recovery the same thing happens and throughout the process the distorted display remains Now I'm stuck - unfortunately my brother can't find the system recovery DVD he wrote shortly after buying the laptop Having entered the serial number at the Toshiba Europe Backup Media Online Shop it states quot For your device no recovery medium can be ordered because it comes either not from the region of Toshiba Europe or it is too old for this service quot Any suggestions anyone may have for what to try next would be most welcome

A:Satellite P300 (Vista 32-bit) - graphics / display problem

Quick update - I managed to acquire some system recovery DVDs and re-installed Vista successfully... but the graphics problem remains, so it seems to be a hardware issue.

It's probably not worth ordering new hardware (even if I could just replace the graphics adapter without having to switch in a new motherboard) considering the re-sale value of a fully functioning system. Therefore I'll likely be selling the laptop for parts/spares (a pity, as I had considered swapping out the HDD for a SSD and installing Win7...)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88529-Satellite-P300-(Vista-32-bit)-graphics-display-problem
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi.

I have a P300 with Realtek internal sound card and updated drivers.
I NEED a stereo mix in Recording Devices but I currently only get a MIC input, even after checking "Show Disconnected and Disabled Devices"

Yes, I HAVE updated the HD Audio Drivers from both this website and Realtek and still nothing.
The only other thing that might affect this but I can't see how is that I use ASIO4ALL sound drivers in conjunction with the Realtek drivers.

I'm running Vista 32bit Home Premium Edition

ta

A:Satellite Pro P300 has NO Stereo Mix in Vista with Realtek sound card

Hi mate

I?m confused? do you know why?
Because you are talking about Realtek sound driver and sound chip and from my knowledge the Satellite Pro P300 has been equipped with the Conexant sound chip!

It?s NOT Realtek chip! It?s Conexant!

From my experience Conexant sound chip does not support stereo mix in Recording Devices!

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?52832-Satellite-Pro-P300-has-NO-Stereo-Mix-in-Vista-with-Realtek-sound-card
Relevancy 71.81%

Satellite L50-C-1GJ. Shortly after upgrading to Windows 10 I received 5 tempro alerts advising I should update utilities. 2 of them required the deletion of the existing utility. I clearly did this in the wrong order,. I expected to be able to retrieve the updates from tempro, but I do not know the names of the 2 utilities. I am sure they are missing and I need to reinstall them.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89797-Satellite-L50-C-1GJ-Lost-preinstalled-Toshiba-Utilities
Relevancy 70.95%

This has me stumped Got a new Toshiba u -s with Vista Home Premium Did a clean install of Vista Business x Worked fine Downloaded the Toshiba software to update the OS Installed it all per instructions from Toshiba - made sure all were x drivers When I reboot it won't run Get an error about a bad corrupt driver at windows system drivers thpdrv sys A search told me Toshiba Vista Business Problems x64 Protection with HDD it was the Toshiba HDD Protection program I installed Can't boot into Vista at all When I try to repair it with my install cd get the same error Here's my question Is there any way I can boot into my computer to uninstall that software that is causing the problem Right now I can't get in at all Toshiba Problems with HDD Protection Vista x64 Business via the HDD even trying safe mode and other modes I'm going to try the ultimate boot cd windows and see if I can do anything with that but that's -bit and my install is x so I'm not holding out any hope Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Toshiba Problems with HDD Protection Vista x64 Business

Hi,

I am going through the same problem right now. I have a Toshiba M400-S4034. Toshiba does not support x64; vista or otherwise, and according to their "friendly staff" they are not planning to.

While some of the drivers are supported, thpdrv.sys is not one of them. When I tried installing it, my computer spent about 10 minutes trying to shutdown and then gave me the same error you have above.

The only difference being that I was given a prompt to insert my vista disc to repair the installation, but I chose Last Known Good Configuration which worked fine and quickly. If that option is not available I would try booting from your vista install disc, and choose repair, which should be at the bottom left of the first window you see.

Good Luck.

cj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/126556-toshiba-problems-hdd-protection-vista-x64-business.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Toshiba TruCapture after win 10 upgrade lost as all other Toshiba apps...

Any idea from where we can download them ?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88820-Satellite-Click-Mini-L9W-B-Toshiba-True-Capture-is-lost-no-download
Relevancy 67.94%

Running Vista Business on a Dell Latitude 630. Setup my daughter's account (admin privs as she's taking it off to college). The other day she reported "Nothing works". You can login fine, but when you try to execute any program you get "Windows cannot access the specified device.... You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The admin account I'd setup for myself works fine. Was able to create a new account for her. However, as she'd setup a lot of things in the old account, I'd love to be able to get it back working.

User directory in "Users" folder seems fine.

Thanks!

Jay

A:Lost user permissions in Vista Business

Are you sure that account is set to admin?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-user-permissions-in-vista-business.609918/
Relevancy 67.08%

I just got a Toshiba Satellite L45.

Would really like to know what i could remove that is factory loaded and not needed and also what type of virus/malware protection i should use. This is my first laptop and my first computer with vista. Thanks in advance

Braxton

A:New Toshiba Satellite W/ Vista

hi,also what type of virus/malware protection i should use.Maybe you could try to read this one. Simple steps to keep your computer secure! It will greatly help. I also have a Toshiba Satellite. I did not remove those preinstalled software since it doesn't give me any problems.Have a nice day.Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145663/new-toshiba-satellite-w-vista/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,
Newbie here! I have a toshiba Satellite A135-S4407 and hate the Visat OS. Has anyone here removed the Vista and installed XP SP2/3?

I have legal OS disks for both.

I am worried about the drivers for hardware devices. I am going to perform a total backup on a external HD before anything else.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Autumn

Relevancy 67.08%

Dear all I have Toshiba satellite A Model NO PSAGCE- C AR SERIAL NO Q My operating system is windows Vista home premium Recently I was working on battery when my system shut itself down When I connected the charger and powered it on I found that screen shows message Please wait for ever and does not allow me to enter my password When I press the power button to turn off my PC and restart in safe mode I can enter Vista log not Toshiba does me satellite let on with my password and log on to my PC and however when I log on the PC shows only black screen with indicator arrow and nothing more Start button does not respond My Computer icon or any other icons are not shown on the desktop Toshiba satellite with Vista does not let me log on I did the following steps trying to repair my PC - I restarted my PC in safe mode with command prompt trying to run chkdsk r however I received error message that the disk is write protected and that I can scheduled it to run the next restart I typed Y and restart but chkdsk did not run although I restarted it times I restarted my PC and select advanced option then repair start up problem then I received message that no problem was found I also tried Toshiba HDD recovery but it could not find any recovery folder although there is about GB partition which has everything I tried windows complete PC restore but I received a message that a valid backup could not be found my PC came without recovery CD so I borrowed one and restart my PC from the CD and selected repair etc however I received error message that the disk is write protected once again Any advise of how I can get my system working back will be appreciated and how I can use the recovery folder located in HDD and avoid the write protected message Best regards m tawfik yahoo com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-satellite-with-vista-does-not-let-me-log-on-328830.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello there,

I've noticed a few not so good sounds coming from my cpu fan, along with my 17" laptop over-heating.
I decided that it was time to replace the cpu fan - model KSB0505HA

Now I'm wondering where I can buy a new fan for this model?
I found a site in nz, but the fan is for the P305 series, and I'm not too sure if it would be compatible with my notebook.

Would anyone advise me on where I can get a new cpu fan for this series?

Thank you~

Just to make sure:
I'm looking for one in my country - New Zealand!

Added that looking for one in NZ

A:Where to buy CPU fan for my Satellite Pro P300?

P305 is probably model offered in US but it must be the same as P300 in Europe or AU so I think it should be the right one.

I don?t know where you can order it but try to use Google and check if you can find some online store in AU where you can order it.

I can also imagine you can order it by nearest authorized Toshiba service provider. Make a call and ask.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66180-Where-to-buy-CPU-fan-for-my-Satellite-Pro-P300
Relevancy 67.08%

Recently I purchased a Toshiba Satellite P300-1CN, the OS is Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Ater exactly 7 days the laptop would not boot to windows. It froze twice that day and I had to force restart it by holding down the shut down button. After the second shut down it would not boot to windows. Couldn't even choose to boot in safe mode . So I sent it for repairs and after 2+ weeks Toshiba sent it back today. There was a faulty HDD and it was replaced and tested.

However considering the laptop had problems within 7 days of taking it out of the box I am considering asking for a replacement or refund. Do you think I should bother, was the incident a fluke with the defective piece gone or could this laptop possibly be a mess?

A:Satellite P300-1CN

any general advise? stick with laptop or go for refund?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/satellite-p300-1cn.797496/
Relevancy 67.08%

Satellite P300 family support raid0 and double HDD. All model? User manual of 26U don't say any word about this. Model like P300-1BP has double HDD.
Can someone help me? I want to buy a P300-26U in Italy.

Thanks.
Guido

A:Satellite Pro P300-26U - Can I use a second HDD?

Hi mate,

Who says that Satellite Pro P300 supports RAID? As far as I know P300 series don?t have RAID controller and in detailed specifications on Toshiba website I can find nothing about this?

On Satellite P300 it?s only possible to use a second HDD if it has a second HDD connector. You can check this if you remove the second HDD cover. If you can see a second HDD connector, you can use a second HDD.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50602-Satellite-Pro-P300-26U-Can-I-use-a-second-HDD
Relevancy 67.08%

hi all can anyone plz tell how to add a 2nd hdd to a satellite pro p300-180 as there is a space inside

A:2nd HDD on Satellite Pro P300

Remove the cover for second HDD and check if there is HDD connector. If yes you can put second HDD there. I have done the same on my old P300.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83990-2nd-HDD-on-Satellite-Pro-P300
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

My Toshiba P300-13M is running hot, and I want to clean it but I am not really good in disassembling (too scared I'll break stuff). But I heard some people put a vacuum cleaner on the side to clean out the fan.

But I also read you can open the notebook by taking screws out and using canned air to clean the heatsink and the fans.

Does anybody have this notebook and who can tell me how to do this step-by-step... because the guides I read were for other Toshiba notebooks (similar one's though).

Thanks!

A:Toshiba P300-13m running hot

you can try using the compressed air to clean out the vents with the laptop as it is. a little bit of dust buildup isn't going to make your computer run significantly hotter... unless it's affecting how fast the fan is spinning under load. i wouldn't attempt to disassemble the computer if you're not confident you can put it back together without breaking anything. a lot of laptops need to come apart a certain way or components can be damaged. aside from that, most modern laptop computers run warm to start with... and most are build to handle the heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-p300-13m-running-hot.132639/
Relevancy 66.65%

Been trying for won't P300 Toshiba upgrade days to upgrade my sister's Toshiba Satellite P model PSPCCC- K C laptop from Windows Home Premium bit to Windows home bit It always stops at and of installing features and drivers I've tried Toshiba P300 won't upgrade using the upgrade wizard Windows update and directly from the media creation tool They all fail at the same place Her DVD drive doesn't work so I can't try that but I did use the media creation tool to make a USB install disk drive I removed the DVD hardware and the wifi Toshiba P300 won't upgrade card incase they were causing the issue and ran the install from USB it stuck again Toshiba P300 won't upgrade at and of installing features and drivers When I reboot Windows is restored This morning I tried another install after running msconfig hiding all Microsoft services unchecking everything on Startup and Services tabs and it stopped at the same place I know it is not on the Toshiba supported list but does that mean Toshiba won't provide support or that the laptop will just not accept a Windows installation Has anyone successfully upgraded one of these or is this planned obsolescence Does anyone have any other ideas

A:Toshiba P300 won't upgrade

Originally Posted by imaddicted2u

Been trying for 2 days to upgrade my sister's Toshiba Satellite P300, model PSPCCC-0K501C laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 home 64 bit.
It always stops at 32% and 5% of installing features and drivers. I've tried using the upgrade wizard, Windows update and directly from the media creation tool. They all fail at the same place. Her DVD drive doesn't work so I can't try that but I did use the media creation tool to make a USB install disk drive. I removed the DVD hardware and the wifi card incase they were causing the issue and ran the install from USB, it stuck again at 32% and 5% of installing features and drivers. When I reboot Windows 7 is restored.
This morning I tried another install after running msconfig, hiding all Microsoft services, unchecking everything on Startup and Services tabs and it stopped at the same place.

I know it is not on the Toshiba supported list but does that mean Toshiba won't provide support or that the laptop will just not accept a Windows 10 installation? Has anyone successfully upgraded one of these or is this planned obsolescence?
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Hi.
I have an old Toshiba laptop here (came with Vista) that I've got W10 running on, so I know it can be done. Part of the problem is Toshiba drivers, and part of it is the Toshiba software. Here's what I would do:

Backup all data, grab keycodes for any paid software that will need to be reinstalled. Run Driver Magician Lite to backup your drivers (listed in RED). Might want to make a system image using Macrium Reflect Free, so you can put things back to the way they were if it doesn't work out.

Download the ISO from MSTechBench and do a clean install. Have your W7 key handy, and use it to activate when asked for a keycode.

Afterwards, run Windows Update to get all drivers updated per Windows. Then, if you still have any issues with anything, try using the backed up Toshiba drivers to correct. I found I had a graphics issue that was corrected by reverting the driver to an older one, rather than using the Windows standard graphics driver.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37394-toshiba-p300-wont-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all I ve started having problems with my laptop in the last few weeks The only thing that happened prior to this is a friend of mine installed a new keyboard and touch Toshiba Problems with Vista With A-215 Satellite panel and then wiped out my old OS and reinstalled the OS with my recovery disks Since then I have been getting a quot black screen quot about twice a day where it appears the computer is off but it is still running I have to manually reboot at that point Also Windows updates are NOT installing I Problems With Toshiba Satellite A-215 with Vista am not sure if it s some or all of them I tried to install Service Pack just a few minutes ago and it failed Also I ve noticed that the laptop seems to be quot overheating quot in the left upper hand corner of the underside near where the exhaust fan is and sometimes it kicks on in high Problems With Toshiba Satellite A-215 with Vista I generally keep my laptop on ALL the time but I am now shutting down when I go to sleep I m running Avast s free version of it s virus scanner and it hasn t picked up anything I don t know if any or all of these problems are related I have also installed my Sprint Media Manager for my cell phone a few times through the disk and it s not working It s not recognizing my cell phone is connected so I can t transfer music I have tried reinstalling it and still have the same problems I d appreciate any info anyone can give me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problems With Toshiba Satellite A-215 with Vista

1.)The issue with the black screen sounds like your computer is hibernating, and it failing to resume when prompted. You will need to go into "Power Options", and change the power settings which will include hibernation options etc. You can set it to "Never hibernate", or to not turn off the hard disks etc..

Here's a link that explains it with pictures:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/maintain/powermgmt.mspx

2.) I recall working on several Toshiba satellites that have issues with overheating, thus the fan kicking in at high speed for long intervals of time. Are you familiar with taking the laptop apart at all?
3.) As for your Sprint Media Manager, I had a similar issue; you may want to go online and download the software from one of the trusted application sites for your phone (or possibly Sprint). That solved my issue; the disk that came with my phone did not work (Blackberry and my Palm Centro had that issue).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-toshiba-satellite-a-215-with-vista.922199/
Relevancy 66.22%

Can i use windows vista to my toshiba satellite a60.
please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-toshiba-satellite-a60.706078/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Fisrtival I'm from Poland so sorry to Satellite (Toshiba Vista A200-1ZF) XP for my english Secundary I bought a Toshiba Satellite A - ZF Notebook with Windows Vista I have to work on AutoCad and some programs cooperating with AutoCad These programs aren't working on Vista Vista to XP (Toshiba Satellite A200-1ZF) so I really would like to have a good Vista to XP (Toshiba Satellite A200-1ZF) old Xp System I have already integrate a Sata driver Vista to XP (Toshiba Satellite A200-1ZF) for HardDrive with my Xp installation cd It installed greate but after the installation the CD-Rom disapeared from My Computer Some Hardware was installed it self but some not I had searched a lot of web pages with drivers support e t c but i haven't found anything what was needed For example ATI Mobility Radeon HD or Realtek HD Audio I'd be really thankfull if someone could help me I don't know meybe there is somewhere a driver pack for my Toshiba for WinXP As At Toshiba website support as at Intel i haven't found it Please help me Thanks for all help

A:Vista to XP (Toshiba Satellite A200-1ZF)

Can't verify the drivers, but found a post on another forum where a guy had the same driver problems with an A200. He finally found them and put them together and has them posted. Hope this helps.
http://www.zofodraz.com/toshiba/

There are a bunch more sites, but they aren't in english. I can muddle through a bit of french, but that's about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/vista-to-xp-toshiba-satellite-a200-1zf-251105.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Toshiba Satellite P205D that runs on Windows Vista. I was having a few occasional problems with my CD/DVD drive, my updates wouldn't install, and many of my programs were seemingly corrupted as well. I tried to do a system recovery to the factory settings, and now I'm getting a message on start-up that my bootmgr is missing . None of my F keys are working, except F2 and F12. I have made several attempts at recovery since with two brand new sets of recovery disks. I have gotten the following error messages: 0x8007045D Boot: WIM; Boot .SDI; Preinst.crc and Preinst. SWM. I tried changing my boot order, and received an F3-F000-0008 message. I am desperate for help and would greatly appreciate any suggestions

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Yesterday my Satellite Pro P PSPC E simply died on me P300 Satellite just has died Pro on me no battery charging lights nothing Nothing happens when I press the ON button it is DEAD The battery was ok last time used the adapter is still giving me nearly volts I took the laptop apart to check the DC in connector thats ok I assume after some research its a motherboard fault Typically my Satellite Pro P300 has just died on me warranty ran out months ago Cost of a new replacement motherboard so far quoted is not too eager to spend that as I have a tax bill to pay at the end of this month Any ideas to what the problem could be I have found a mobo on eBay which is a p - a going for a song but would that be compatible What are all the variations in the motherboards Would any other motherboard be compatible Any ideas suggestions would be much appreciated and I thank anyone in advance for any ideas Cheers Steve

A:Satellite Pro P300 has just died on me

I also believe mainboard is dead. My brother had similar issue when he wanted to connect external HDD.
Simply there was some electro shock and from this moment notebook was death. No reaction at all. Even external HDD was death and it smells on burned plastic.

Anyway, if you want to have the same hardware you must buy identical mainborad from one PSPC1E model.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50410-Satellite-Pro-P300-has-just-died-on-me
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my Satellite pro p300 PSPCDE laptop : my OS is on my HDD (hdd1 with a ssd and hhd 2 is empty).
In the bios on the boot sequence I put HDD1 first (my ssd) , then HDD2 (wich is empty) ,then floppy , then LAN , and finally cd/DVD , but when i start , it always tries first to read cd/DVD (with the horrible noise of the cv/dvd when it tries to start on it) and finally it boots on the HDD.

Why does it try to start on cd/DVD ? I don't understand , my bios version is 3.4.
I'm now on W10 pro x64 , but the problem was the same with win 7 pro.

Help me please !

A:Satellite Pro P300 always tries to boot first on CD/DVD

Nobody to help me ?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85239-Satellite-Pro-P300-always-tries-to-boot-first-on-CD-DVD
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a problem with my Sattelite P300-13J.

PC has been running without problems for years but suddenly it doesn't start anymore. I just get the Toshiba welcome page and that's it. Checked Bios and HDD is recognized. HDD test is also fine.

I replaced the HDD by another one and PC is starting up.

Also when I put the HDD from the toshiba in another PC it also starts fine.

Could this be a problem in the Bios ?

A:Satellite P300-13J - HDD not starting

Check UEFI Secure boot settings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88745-Satellite-P300-13J-HDD-not-starting
Relevancy 66.22%

Have read other threads on Satellite Pros not powering on. Seen various suggestions, including removing RAM modules (with or without success).
Done all the usual, remove battery, attempt power on with, without battery etc. etc. etc (as you'd expect) all to no avail...

Mine is very old now, about 7yrs. The week I bought it, it would not power on. Took it back to the shop, they plugged it in, hey presto, power. Has happened three times in last seven years, every time, take it to PC World. They plug it in, hey Presto, power.

Beginning to realise that, although access to someone else's power supply is inevitably the solution, it's not very scientific. Was wondering if there is a less random solution to this problem and if anybody knows why it happens.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89483-Satellite-P300-will-not-power-on
Relevancy 66.22%

hi all
can anyone help? I have an old P300-180 and I am looking to change the cpu can I go from a t2490 to a p9700 has anyone already done this

A:CPU exchange on Satellite Pro P300-180

Is the CPU defective or you just want to upgrade original CPU?

I mean CPU upgrade is not supported so it could be very risky step.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83976-CPU-exchange-on-Satellite-Pro-P300-180
Relevancy 66.22%

hello,

i have Satellite Pro P300 (PSPC1E-002002GR).
What are the specifications of the RAM?

Currently there are 2GB RAM
I want 4 or 8 GB RAM.

I this possible?

greetings

A:Which RAM is compatible with Satellite Pro P300?

You can upgrade the RAM up to 4GB RAM
So you can use additional DDR2 667MHz 2GB RAM module (i.e PA3513U-1M2G).

Specs are:
DDR2 SODIMM 667Mhz PC2-5300
Pin: 200 SODIMM
Voltage: 1.8v

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83803-Which-RAM-is-compatible-with-Satellite-Pro-P300
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I'm trying to fix my brother's old laptop It is a Toshiba satellite p - f The laptop didn't work well so he bought another one I think it might have P300-23F Satellite CD from in Can't boot my a problem with the HDD but I'm not sure about that and want to try and format the HDD and reinstall the operating system When I initiate from the HDD Can't boot from CD in my Satellite P300-23F I have no problem the OS initiates normally and I can quot use quot the laptop The problem is when I try to boot from the OS CD I get that message quot Media test failure check cable quot I know the CD works because recently I instaled the OS with that CD on another computer And I know the CD lector not sure Can't boot from CD in my Satellite P300-23F if it's called like this but I think you understand what I mean works fine too because I've tried different CDs and it worked I already tried pressing F and booting from the CD there and also tried to change the BIOS and put the CD on the first place but it doesn't work Any clue what's going on Is there any way to make it work

A:Can't boot from CD in my Satellite P300-23F

Wait a moment.
When Windows is fully loaded you can use optical disc drive and it can read all CDs and DVDs?
When you put your Windows installation disc can Windows ?see? the disc content in Windows explorer?

Maybe you can use CDs but not DVDs. Check it out please.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77043-Can-t-boot-from-CD-in-my-Satellite-P300-23F
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 2Ghz processor. (FSB 667Mhz)
I am having some trouble finding which CPU can be installed safely.

Can anyone direct me to some which can be installed and would give a performance increase?

Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrading CPU on Satellite Pro P300-1EX

Hi

You should know some facts regarding the CPU upgrade.
First of all notebook manufacturers don?t support such upgrade and this means that notebook manufacturers don?t provide any details about the supported CPUs.

But in most cases a CPU upgrade depends on BIOS and chipset support.
In your case its essential to know what chipset has been built in the notebook.
Knowing this fact you could use the Intel ARK page to get details about the chipset and supported CPUs.

But even if the chipset would support the new CPU, there is still open question regarding the BIOS support.
In worst case the BIOS would not be compatible with the new CPU and finally this would mean that the notebook would not function properly.

Finally from my point of view a CPU upgrade does not provide a noticeable performance boost. There would be little performance increase but in my opinion anther upgrade like a switch from HDD to SSD would be much better.
I did such upgrade in the past and I was pretty satisfied.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77470-Upgrading-CPU-on-Satellite-Pro-P300-1EX
Relevancy 66.22%

When starting the power and satellite logo lights up for five seconds and then switches off. Interchanged the memory modules. (2 x 2 gb ddr2 6400), took out the hard drive, dvd drive keyboard and wireless modem. Still the same.

Took the battery and charger off and dissipated power by holding power button for thirty seconds. Checked the fan and it is clean. Tried again and still a problem. Anyone any ideas what to try next.

Thanks in advance. Jimbo

A:Satellite P300-20H Keeps shutting down

Looks like the serious motherboard problem.
Are you sure that the memory modules are OK?
I had similar issue and one of the modules was faulty.
I would still recommend checking this using new, tested modules.
But of course, it can be an motherboard issue and this means that the fix would be a costly affair.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66250-Satellite-P300-20H-Keeps-shutting-down
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Satellite P300-19F with Win Vista 32 bits Home Premium SP2.
I am unable to read any DVD. It does not show a corresponding drive letter.
If I go to the device manager under Control Panel - System, it recognizes a Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD08A, but has a warning sign on it. It says that configuration is damaged.
I uninstalled it and reinstalled without any success.
I downloaded the drivers from Toshiba and did not solved either.
What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

A:Satellite P300-19F DVD does not work

Maybe this can help - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/FAQ8101LA0000R01.htm

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51512-Satellite-P300-19F-DVD-does-not-work
Relevancy 65.79%

I have lost all original software for Vista and office 2007, and i bought windows 7 home premium to upgrade, i realize now that i need to clean install it when i don't have the originals what to do?

A:lost original disks vista business and office 2007, need to upgrade

Contact your system manufacturer - most sell replacement recovery media for $25-$30.

If full retail versions, contact Microsoft - How to replace Microsoft software

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198922-lost-original-disks-vista-business-office-2007-need-upgrade.html
Relevancy 65.79%

A friend has a P Vista Home Premium with DVD P300 issue Toshiba drive a DS A S slimline DVD drive Toshiba P300 DVD drive issue It plays commercial audio CDs just fine but does not recognise DVDs at all By that I mean that when a DVD is Toshiba P300 DVD drive issue put in the drive it does not show up at all - select the drive and the message comes up quot please insert a disc into drive D quot Also when I put a a CD full of MP s that I d burned into Toshiba P300 DVD drive issue the drive quot Properties quot reported that the disc was empty when on my own machine Win Pro it correctly shows as full I also tried a commercially produced MP disc one I bought from Amazon com and it played just fine There are no warnings in Device Manager selecting Driver Update brings up a message that the driver is already up to date I was thinking that perhaps it s not a mechanical issue since it does read and play some discs Any suggestions will be very gratefully received Thanks nbsp

A:Toshiba P300 DVD drive issue

Drive is faulty. Specifically the DVD laser. Time for a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-p300-dvd-drive-issue.1031663/
Relevancy 65.36%

Working on problem for niece's laptop (Satellite L305-S5894) running Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-bit), 3GB RAM, Pentium Dual Core T3200. Getting BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors. Stop codes 0x0000000A (0x00000034, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x820008FE9). Problem occurs in regular and safe modes. Feels random, but definitely related to activity on the system. If allowed to sit with no user action, the problem does not occur. Have run a couple of virus and malware checks against the system, and cleaned/deleted the items found. There really was not a significant number of threats found. Have tried disabling non-essential startup software to no-avail. Problem prevents me from upgrading to SP2.

No help from niece in terms of anything she might have done, or software she might have installed to start the troubles. Nothing available in system restores to allow roll-back - although system restore is enabled.

Am attaching 3 recent DMP files.

I would appreciate any help in resolving. Thanks.

A:BSOD Vista SP1 - Toshiba Satellite L305

Hi -

Install all outstanding Windows Updates, including Vista SP2.

www.update.microsoft.com

How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-vista-sp1-toshiba-satellite-l305-585076.html
Relevancy 65.36%

After a power outage Vista will no longer boot I am unable to get a successful boot into Windows Vista operating system It seems the boot file or the registry have misplaced pointers or corruption Powering on I was only able to reach the Bios settings The initial error message was Status xc e an unexpected I O error More recently it is xc f windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt This Toshiba laptop did not come with a Vista OS CD so I have purchased the Vista x Easy BCD Recovery CD from Neosmart None of the tools have been able to fix the problem s The Automated Repair function log states x64 with boot A longer Satellite 300 Toshiba no up will Vista No O S found Repair required is the partition table Failed Error Code x I have been Toshiba Satellite A 300 with Vista x64 will no longer boot up reading threads here and running a variety of diagnostics to try and determine what the problem is without any success so far Bootrec exe rebuildBCD produces the error quot the request could not be performed because of an I O device error quot BCDedit exe enum quot boot configuration data store could not be opened Cannot find the specified file quot SFC Scannow produces the error quot windows resource protection could not start the repair service quot Chkdsk fails to complete successfully indicated an unexpected error was experienced Would very much appreciate the exceptional expertise of the wizards here

A:Toshiba Satellite A 300 with Vista x64 will no longer boot up

Hello.. see if you can use Ubuntu Live CD to boot up : Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek
You may need to perform a hard drive diagnostic : HD Diagnostic You would want to use short and the long test.
Please post back results .

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295615-toshiba-satellite-300-vista-x64-will-no-longer-boot-up.html
Relevancy 65.36%

i can not get the d drive to run so i can restore my computer back to original settings.the light turns on sounds like its tryin to boot but it wont.HELP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96413/toshiba-satellite-a2o5-s4607-with-vista/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, CAn you help me ? my system is very slow i and i want to upgrade, i have this system actualy : standard : 3,072 (2,048 + 1,024) Mo
m?moire maximale : 8,192 Mo
technologie : DDR2 RAM (800 MHz) whay model of memory card can i upgrade on my slots ? Kingston or others ??? what the maximum i can find please ?? merci

A:Satellite P300-1H7 upgrade question

Originally Posted by Thomas1973

Hello, CAn you help me ? my system is very slow i and i want to upgrade, i have this system actualy : standard : 3,072 (2,048 + 1,024) Mo
m?moire maximale : 8,192 Mo
technologie : DDR2 RAM (800 MHz) whay model of memory card can i upgrade on my slots ? Kingston or others ??? what the maximum i can find please ?? merci

Hello Thomas

Your notebook has an Intel Dual Core T3400 processor and 667Mhz FSB and 1MB cache only. And you are in Vista 32 bit. Your DDRII RAM is of 800 MHz. All this does not allow you to speed up your system.

If you want to upgrade to speed up your system, you need:
- Either change your processor by a more powerful dual-core (1066 MHz FSB as P300-20E eg with a 3MB cache).
- Or place your system on a 250 GB SSD drive (I recommend the Samsung 850 EVO 250 Gb), the migration of your HDD to the SSD software is included in the Samsung box). Modified the price is less than € 100.

I think for a beginner computer the most effective solution is the latter, especially since it is not easy to find a P8600 processor to replace your T3400.

Take the opportunity to buy a dry air bomb to remove the dust from the ventilation of your laptop.

Good luck and good Christmas holidays.

jeff.

Message has been translated

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88570-Satellite-P300-1H7-upgrade-question
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I'm hoping to add an additional hdd to my satellite pro p f laptop I know that it has an additional compartment and it has a sata connector so i know it's possible But i need Satellite Additional Pro - HDD P300-1F1 mount a bracket or mount or caddy adapter to be able to crew the hdd in place When i contacted the dutch toshiba office they said they didn't support this and do not have this part And the user manual on there website doesn't say anything about that compartment I'm hoping one of you may know whitch part i need the second hdd compartment needs a different mount bracket caddy adapter then the Satellite Pro P300-1F1 - Additional HDD mount hdd that is already installed I live in Satellite Pro P300-1F1 - Additional HDD mount holland so any reply's with dutch resellers or websites would be wonderfull but uk us is also apreciated Update Here are some pictures i made of the inside of the compartment Maby it helps pic http img imageshack us img dsc h jpg pic http img imageshack us img dsc s jpg pic http img imageshack us img dsc l jpg

A:Satellite Pro P300-1F1 - Additional HDD mount

Hi Thijsm,

If you have a second HDD connector, you can add a second HDD. But as you wrote, you need a caddy to install it.

I don?t know who you contacted exactly but on the Toshiba website you find a list of all ASP?s:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

Check this!!!

Message was edited by: Xardas

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53153-Satellite-Pro-P300-1F1-Additional-HDD-mount
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everybody,

I got a serious issue with my Satellite Pro P300. I have all driver download on toshiba website installed but I have no sound even with a headphone. When I am playing music the sound icon show that it is playing but heard of any sound. I have checked on many website, forum, and tested many drivers but the problem is still there.

Please help me before I become crazy with that.

A:Satellite Pro P300 - No sound on Windows 7

Hi faridas,

I think it?s not easy to say and on Windows 7 I never had this problem but maybe you have to unmute the sound:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB7C021B0001R01.htm

Furthermore check in device manager if the sound card is installed properly. Make also sure BIOS version is up to date.

Last but not least check the sound settings of Windows!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50984-Satellite-Pro-P300-No-sound-on-Windows-7
Relevancy 65.36%

I am no longer able to turn the Led lights on and off via the touch button with a picture of a light with a cross through it.

Any ideas ?

A:Not able to turn Mute or LED On/Off on Satellite Pro P300-19P

First of all you should check if this buttons was configured properly in the Toshiba Button Control.
This Utility can be found in the Toshiba Assist -> Optimize

Check if Illumination On/Off or Mute was chosen.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?36943-Not-able-to-turn-Mute-or-LED-On-Off-on-Satellite-Pro-P300-19P
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi

I'm looking for cpu fan and heatsink replacement for toshiba satellite equium p300-19O and I found this one one ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Toshiba-Equium-P300-Original-Genuine-Cooling-Fan-Thermal-Module-/120842473542?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Netwo rking&hash=item1c22c5d046 It's slightly different then inside my laptop.

Can I use it? Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Fan replacement for Satellite/Equium P300-190

Hi

As you can see under the picture is written: Image for illustration purposes only.
I can imagine that you can buy right cooling fan.

I just hope you can disassemble your P300 properly. Be careful with small plastic components and holders.

Good luck.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67248-Fan-replacement-for-Satellite-Equium-P300-190
Relevancy 65.36%

Currently running the stock P8400, am probs gonna upgrade it soon, i know the natural route is probs the P9700 but [here|http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/PM45_Express.html] has the T9900 and X9100 as compatible upgrades as well and 1-2 Quad-core processors, but they run at higher voltages, does any1 know if this laptop has adequate cooling for these processors?
Has any1 upgraded to any of these?

Will I have BIOS problems? Will i fry my motherboard?

Cristo

A:Satellite P300-19Q - Processor Upgrade

Hey,

CPU upgrade is not supported from Toshiba so everything happens on your own risk. I assume nobody has tested such quad core CPUs on P300 so it?s risky upgrade in my opinion and I wouldn?t do this. I doubt the cooling system, mainboard and BIOS is also designed for such high performance quad core CPUs?

Do you really need a quad core? The Intel P8400 is still pretty fast CPU and should enough for all applications. :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60744-Satellite-P300-19Q-Processor-Upgrade
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I have a Satellite Pro P300-266 PSPCDE and I am quite content with it.

Since I have a WIN7 64 bit OS ready for use, and 8GB RAM I need to upgrade the BIOS to 64-bit.

I have found a WinPhlash file on the Toshiba support site (toshiba-tro.de) called bios-20090226124829.zip. I have been trying to use this as discribed at the Toshiba support page about using WinPhlash (http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9502M10000R01.htm). Also I made an exception for WinPhlash in the DEP registry.

Still it will not work.

Since I am a user with very mediocre knowledge of modern computers I suppose I am doing something wrong or I may be overseeing something... can somebody please help me upgrading my system to its full capabilities?

Thanks

Aernout

A:Satellite Pro P300 - BIOS upgrade to 64-bit

You must not upgrade BIOS. If everything works well don?t change anything.
I have Satellite P300 with preinstalled Win7 32bit and runs perfectly.

How do your runs with 64bit version?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68872-Satellite-Pro-P300-BIOS-upgrade-to-64-bit
Relevancy 65.36%

I have had this laptop for 2 years, it was working fine this morning and i pressed the power button to turn it to sleep mode. Went back to the laptop a few hours later to turn it back on and the power light lit up for approx 2-3 seconds then went out and nothing happened. Every time i press the power button the same thing happens, the light appears for 2-3 seconds then goes off and laptop does not start up. This happens both with the power adaptor connected and disconnected. When the power connector is connected the power adaptor light illuminates and the battery light illuminates.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem may be or if it can be fixed?

Thanks

A:Satellite Pro P300-156 wont turn on

Disconnect AC power supply and remove the battery. Leave it for a while and try to start notebook with AC power supply only.
Please let us know what happen exactly when you try to switch your notebook on.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55815-Satellite-Pro-P300-156-wont-turn-on
Relevancy 65.36%

What cable do I need to connect my laptop to a digital tv so I can watch my movies on the TV.
This lap top does not have a dedicated HDMI port as most modern laptops seem to have. (Even though this one is only 2 years old)..

Thanks if you can reply

A:Satellite Pro P300 - Connecting to a digital TV

Hi

Every notebook manufacturer offers different notebook series and models. Each of these models are offered with different hardware configuration and also have different specifications.
This is the reason for different prices.

Some of people don?t need most of offered stuff but want to have certain notebook model. So they buy specific model with less ports or less powerful hardware and pay much lower price.
So, you must not wonder why is HDMI port missing.

The same is with cars and extra packages that you can order. Compare basic price with all extras and you will see that price difference is sometimes really big. The same is with notebooks.
This is nothing unusual and quite normal marketing strategy.

So back to your question:
I cannot help you because I don?t know which P300-xxx do you have exactly and which video-out ports are available.

Please send more info about your notebook.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?58505-Satellite-Pro-P300-Connecting-to-a-digital-TV
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi

I just got my Satellite Pro P300-25W and I hate the noise from the fan. Is there a way to make it less noisy run less often?
I have updated to Windows 7 and installed drivers from the Toshiba dvd.

In power options I have selected everything to be battery optimized/save maximum power in the advanced power settings. But the fan still runs almost all the time. I'm just using Windows to surf a bit, the cpu usage is very low (below 10%), there is no 3D graphics movies or anything going on that would put pleasure on the GPU.

It's making me crazy.
Can I do anything about it, or should I just have purchased another notebook?

I hope you can help!

A:Satellite Pro P300-25W - fan noise too loude

> Is there a way to make it less noisy run less often?

There is an additional entry called Toshiba Power Saving and there you can change the cooling module performance for battery mode or main power mode.
Usually this should helps?

But note; everything depends on the internal temperature! Higher temperature means faster cooling modules?
It could be also possible that your cooling ventilators are full of dust and debris and this prevents the air from circulation? Remove the dust and clean the ventilators using compressed air spray. That helped in my case?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50374-Satellite-Pro-P300-25W-fan-noise-too-loude
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you knew of any places where I could get a set of keys for the keyboard (as opposed to buying a new keyboard) and if possible; where I can get sets of keys for different keyboard layouts, such as AZERTY for example.

Many thanks in advance, Owen.

A:Satellite Pro P300-1AY - Where can I get new keyboard parts?

Hi buddy,

You can only order a new keyboard and such single keys that you mean can?t be ordered. If some single keys don?t work you have to buy a new keyboard but as far as I know it isn?t so expensive.

Just contact the authorized service provider in your country and ask for that. There you can get a new keyboard. :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?48831-Satellite-Pro-P300-1AY-Where-can-I-get-new-keyboard-parts
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi

i recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300, it has been problem free for 4 weeks.

Now when i try and use the numpad on the keyboard all that is displayed on the screen is a "1" no matter what number i type.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

A:Satellite Pro P300 - Always 1 is displayed using Numpad

Hi

I think this is a issue which must be checked by an Toshiba ASP?
I googled a little but and someone has reported that an setting must be changed in DMI?

I think this can be done only by a ASP technician?
So you should get in contact with the guys and should ask for the help and further handling?

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?47016-Satellite-Pro-P300-Always-1-is-displayed-using-Numpad
Relevancy 65.36%

As usual rushed in and installed Windows 8 on satellite P300. What a mistake - slow, loss of functionality. How do I get back to Vista which was pre-installed or is there some way I can fix it to run windows 8.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU [email protected] 2.4GHz, RAM 4.00GB (2.99 usable) System 32 bit, x64- based processor.

A:Installing Windows 8 on Satellite P300

Satellite P300 is older notebook delivered with Vista but also supported for Win7. Unfortunately it is not supported for Win8 so, in my opinion, there is no sense to install Win8 on it.

Win7 runs perfectly on this machine so if possible use Win7 on it. in case you want to use original Vista you must install recovery image using recovery DVD. That?s only way to have ?factory settings? again.

The question is: do you have this recovery disc?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77772-Installing-Windows-8-on-Satellite-P300
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Satellite Pro P300-1AY laptop, bought just over a year ago. A couple of hours ago after backing up my photo galleries onto my external HD, a function LED (located below the touchpad) began to flash once every 2 seconds and has done ever since. I can't say that I've noticed this before although perhaps I'm being a little on the over-sensitive and cautious side? I've never had a system crash (yet) or any error messages telling me that something is wrong in particular.

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure what this particular LED standards for, not for AC power, or battery power either. Hard drive activity? Most likely.

As stated, perhaps I'm worrying myself for no reason but its not something I've picked up before and there doesn't seem to be anything on a Google search that describes something like this.

I appreciate any feedback on this one.

Best regards

Gavin

A:Satellite Pro P300 LED's acting strangely

Be cool and watch what will happen next days.
Let us know if the same will happen tomorrow.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51222-Satellite-Pro-P300-LED-s-acting-strangely
Relevancy 65.36%

So I want to add 2GB RAM memory to existing 2GB. I'm using Windows 7 64bit. In BIOS I can see 4GB of memory, but the Windows doesn't want to start.

When removing the old memory and leaving the new, the computer doesn't even strats. Some more info:
Old memory - Samsung M4 70T5663QZ3-CF7 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (6-6-6-18 @ 400 MHz) (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
New memory - DDR2 Spectek 2GB PC6400 800MHz 200-pin

So what is the problem? And what can I do?
Thanks

A:Satellite Pro P300-19Q - Can't start with new memory

Hi,

Theoretically it should be possible to use 4GB in this notebook.

The new RAM memory is from the manufacture ?Spectek?. This manufacture is not known to me. For me it sounds like cheap ?noname? module.

I always use Kingston modules for upgrading my notebook. I never had any problems with these modules so you should try it to.
I think the new module isn?t compatible with your notebook.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?49724-Satellite-Pro-P300-19Q-Can-t-start-with-new-memory
Relevancy 65.36%

I want my P300 upgrade to windows 8. Is this possible, and easy to do ?

Thank you.

A:Windows 8 upgrade on Satellite P300 - possible?

Yes, it is possible to install Win 8 but since the Satellite P300 is not a part of the Win8 supported notebook models, you will not find Win 8 drivers.
You will have to search and collect such drivers at your own hand?
So this can be a little bit problem but its definitely possible to use Win 8

recommend checkign this pages:
+Windows 8 Upgrade - Notes and Restrictions+
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03EL0000R02.htm

+Upgrade installation of Windows 8+
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03ER0000R01.htm

+Clean Install of Windows 8+
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2903E20000R01.htm

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70081-Windows-8-upgrade-on-Satellite-P300-possible
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys!!

I really need your help. I wanna get my laptop back as new. Done it a few times before thru HDD RECOVERY, but I cant anymore as the HDD RECOVERY entry is missing. However, I found in here a thread where it says to use a USB stick with toshiba HDD RECOVERY folder (which is on my laptop in a separate drive), but then when I boot the laptop thru USB it says BOOTMGR IS MISSING press CRT ALT DEL.
Any ideas please?!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92205-Satellite-P300-recovery-issue
Relevancy 65.36%

My P300 has a slow boot and takes forever to go past the windows page. Any help on that?

A:Slow booting for Satellite Pro P P300

Hi

My notebook booted slowly because I had too many processes running in the OS background.
I disabled it in msconfig.
I think you should try this too.

Furthermore you should update or remove the TEMPRO tool.

Check this!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46008-Slow-booting-for-Satellite-Pro-P-P300
Relevancy 64.93%

Ive got a Toshiba P300 150 and i need the product recovery disc. I am not able to get to my desktop to create one.

Can some help, i got this laptop yesterday and i made a terrible mistake by putting a Toshiba P200 Product Recovery disc in the new laptop which is the reason why i messed it up.

If anyone has this laptop i would be so grateful if you would make me a copy.

I cannot purchase one until 7th Jan because Toshiba's site (uk) is doen until then.

If anyone has this laptop please email me

A:Toshiba P300 150 Product Recovery Disc

I don't have that particular computer and don't know if this will work for you. Try pressing the F8 key while powering up the computer from a cold start. This may bring up a screen to let you restore the computer to factory fresh conditions. The recovery is done from a hidden partition on the hard drive.

EDIT: Forgetting my manners. Hi and welcome to TSG. You may want to edit your original post to remove your e-mail address. Some spam bot may pick it up, if it has not all ready happened.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-p300-150-product-recovery-disc.785645/
Relevancy 64.93%

well this morning my toshiba satellite running vista was fine. Now this afternoon when I go on no programs boot up and the screen freezes whenever I click. What is up???

Thanks!

A:toshiba satellite vista- all of a sudden, computer does not operate well

What happens in safe mode?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282124-toshiba-satellite-vista-all-sudden-computer-does-not-operate-well.html
Relevancy 64.93%

HI, I need help to reinstall my vista op on my lap top toshiba satellite A100 , It came with 2 disks Product recover DVD ROM..I dont know how to wipe clean first hardrive, or if i have to do that , or just put in the disks and it will do it by itself..i did put in the first disk and immediatley i got a blue screen. my laptop was bought in may 2007 , if that helps. I am very green wen it comes to hardware and reinstalling OP systems..can some one please help , ? OH and I think all this happened cos it has a virus.

A:Solved: help to reinstall VISTA OP on toshiba Satellite A100

Reinstalling is sometimes the best and fastest way to sort out a problem, but can also be a major time drain and source of frustration. If you prefer you could detail exactly what problem is prompting you to reinstall, and we could consider addressing that instead.

The process will empty your drive itself, which means that you don't have to do any wiping (unless you want to sell/give away the computer). It also means however that all programs and files on your computer will be lost. Make backups of important files (Documents, pictures, etc) before you reinstall.

Another point to bear in mind if you suspect a Virus caused the problem, is to ensure that you install Anti virus software immediately, before trying to replace your backups.

____

If you have two disks one will be for the Operating System (Windows) and the other will have Toshiba Software and drivers. Make sure that you use the Operating System Disk.

To use the recovery CD you have to boot from it--basically load its own Operating system which does the work of replacing Windows. You don't put it in while Windows is running--Windows very sensibly protects itself from being overwritten. When your computer first turns on and before you get to Windows, you should see the POST screen. At the bottom it prompts you to press F2 for Setup or F12; you have to press F12. Actually the easiest way is to repeatedly press F12 from the moment you turn it on until you get the menu.

The menu in question should give you options for places to boot from, such as the hard disk, flash disk, and CD-ROM. Select CD with the disk in the CD drive and it should get to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-to-reinstall-vista-op-on-toshiba-satellite-a100.940481/
Relevancy 64.93%

So I have been working on this clients pc for over weeks now and have ordered a variety parts to try to fix it Its a toshiba satellite A So the orginal issue was the computer stopped booting It got to Microsoft screen with Satellite A135 freeze Toshiba vista [SOLVED] the loading bar that goes across the screen Its goes across probably about or times then it freezes I am able to boot the machine in safe mode without an issue I tried the repair computer in vista and it said something about the computer getting a bad windows update and this is causing the boot issue So I went retored the computer back a few [SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite A135 vista freeze saves before any updates Still did the same thing but still booted into safe mode So my next step was to try and restore the computer with the restore disk and the same thing happens and freezes in the same spot even after using the toshiba restore cd that wiped everything clean So now I went and checked hardware Replaced all the ram in the machine with brand new working ram which was tested in another laptop Same thing freeze in the same spot Then I took the hard drive out and scanned it and the SMART showed some warning issues So replaced the drive with a new one and restored using the toshiba disks Same result it still freezing in the same spot I have pretty much run out of things to replace and I am not sure what is wrong if the restore discs aren't helping I was going to try a plain windows vista cd and see what happens but I think it will be the same result I also disabled the wireless just to make sure there was no conflict So if anyone [SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite A135 vista freeze has any ideas of something I might have missed please let me know At this point with the restored data from the disc it will not let me into safe mode any more because it says it needs to finalize the windows installation but it cannot be done in safe mode The only thing I can think of is a moterboard issue and yes I have reset the bios a few times to default and still no luck Storm

A:[SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite A135 vista freeze

Hi storm180 and Welcome to TSF,

There are two possible faults at this stage. Either the recovery partition/DVDs are faulty, so they're restoring to you to a faulty OS version. Or it's a fault with the motherboard or harddrive connections.

Faizanshakyboy's advise is also correct, you should definately check the temperatures, run the machine in BIOS for an hour or so and see how things progress. The registry shouldn't be an issue at this stage, unless the recovery drive/discs has installed a faulty OS.

So if you have access to:

Install Windows from a standard DVD (Not a recovery disc(OEM), a Standard legit . installation DVD) and see if the issue is still there. If the problem still persists, you're dealing with a hardware error.

At this stage it's just about trying to pinpoint and rule out items, which you've done good so far. The bad thing is that if this is the case, you might end up replacing the whole motherboard. But to start with, check the connections and such, make sure everything is seated properly etc.

Let us know how you get on with these things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-toshiba-satellite-a135-vista-freeze-599206.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I play a few online games use microsoft office facebook and shop online nothing magical Wireless cable internet wireless HP Officejet Pro and wireless Toshiba Satellite L Satellite BSOD [moved Vista/7] Toshiba from L555 laptop After being online for about to minutes I get a blue screen and it reboots Please see attached zip files as requested in the posting instructions I get this error message after log in Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows BSOD Toshiba Satellite L555 [moved from Vista/7] Minidump - - dmp BSOD Toshiba Satellite L555 [moved from Vista/7] C Users JodyReneeNolan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml OS - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM BIT ORIGINAL INSTALL - AS PURCHASED NEW MOS OLD FOR HARDWARE PURCHASED LAST MAY DID A FACTORY IMAGE REINSTALL ON JANUARY TO CORRECT PROBLEM AMD TURION II DUAL CORE MOBILE M AMD M G WITH ATI MOBILITY RADEO HD MOTHER BOARD UNK - ITS A LAPTOP NEVER BEEN OPENED POWER SUPPLY TOSHIBA A A

A:BSOD Toshiba Satellite L555 [moved from Vista/7]

Bump - any thoughts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-toshiba-satellite-l555-moved-from-vista-7-a-548156.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Okay, First off I'd like to once again thank everyone who tried to help out on my last post.
I was unsuccessful at getting the HP to work...but to my surprise two days ago I received a small late birthday present! It's a brand new Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop. I think it's great and all, but the Vista OS is killing me! I've tried everything I can to speed it up, but no matter what i do my programs lag, the startups and shutdowns take TOO long...I've have done it all, registry defrags, disk defrags, cleanups, optimizations, set it up for best performance, the works...and still this Vista OS sucks...

I was wondering if and how I could ditch the vista OS, and downgrade back to XP on this laptop...

Any help with be greatly appreciated

A:Ridding myself of Vista on a Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop

I think the first step would be to look on the Toshiba website & see if they have drivers for that laptop for Windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ridding-myself-of-vista-on-a-toshiba-satellite-a215-laptop.107253/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I am using a Toshiba Satellite A200-AH9 Part #PSAE0C-AH908C with the pre-installed version of Windows Vista. I have moved since purchasing this laptop, and the recovery disk I made after purchasing it has gone missing! I called Toshiba, however it is approx. 50$ to replace the recovery CD from them. Does anybody have one they could send me an image of? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Satellite Pro P300-23L laptop.
Yesterday evening there suddenly appeared, approximately 30 horizontal thin white lines over the taskbar (in fact over the bottom half inch of the screen).
The top 3 or 4 of these lines seem to pulse in a rapid, regular pattern.

Now, I can barely see the icons in the taskbar, nor the Windows start button in the bottom left hand corner.

I had read on another forum that the problem may be due to a "grounding" issue.
The charger jack plug is actually broken and I have repaired the wiring myself, but that was some time ago, so it is possible that a connection has come loose or is now shorting out something, causing this effect.

I have ordered a new charger but meantime would appreciate any assistance to confirm or deny that this may be the problem.

Any advice on how to rectify this?

A:Satellite Pro P300-23L - horizontal lines over taskbar

Hi

If the issue would be related to the AC adaptor then this lines should NOT be visible using the notebook with battery power. Right?
Therefore it would be really interesting to know if the same lines are visible if the AC adaptor is not plugged in.

But I think this is not related to AC adaptor. In my opinion its either an display problem or graphic card issue.
Therefore you should connect an external monitor in order to check this.
If the same lines are visible on external monitor, then the graphic chip is affected? otherwise it could be a display problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?65583-Satellite-Pro-P300-23L-horizontal-lines-over-taskbar
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi.

I have a Satellite Pro P300 running Vista and the scroll function has given up the ghost on my machane too.
I have also lost the touchpad icon in my task bar and the function to configure the touchpad.

I have unistalled and re-installed the drivers to no avail.

If I had more hair, I'd probably be tearing it out. Please help.

Thanks

A:Touchpad on Satellite Pro P300 stopped working

Strange.
Have you in device manager under ?Mice and other pointing devices? listed ?Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad??

Is anything else listed there?
Is maybe touchpad disabled (FN+F9)?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51502-Touchpad-on-Satellite-Pro-P300-stopped-working
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

Would be great if anyone has any experience on the following.

I have a Satellite Pro P300 - PSPCDA 03 P00D: I'd like to know the best option for getting high quality audio from this device to a blu-ray player and or optoma projector. (Or a good way to find the answer)

The blu-ray player has hdmi (the satellite doesn't) and the optoma projector has a 3.5mm mini jack.

The satellite has a dolby sound room - is it possible to get a dolby feed for audio out?

Any thoughts / experience welcome.

Thanks in advance!

A:Satellite Pro P300 Best way to get audio out to blu-ray player or projector

Hi

Not quite sure but I think headphone jack supports S/PDIF
I think you should check the user manual for further details about S/PDIF
If its supported then you can use this to get the best audio quality

Found also this doc in Toshiba knowledge base
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB5400YZ0005R01.htm

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?65553-Satellite-Pro-P300-Best-way-to-get-audio-out-to-blu-ray-player-or-projector
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi!

I have a Satellite Pro P300-145 and today I've started noticing a scratchy sound with my earphones. I've tested my earphones in a different laptop and they sound fine and if I play the same files with my speakers it also sounds fine so I was wondering if you knew what the reason might be.

I have to say I've been keeping the laptop working for quite a lot this weekend and it got more than warm so I don't know if that might be causing it in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Satellite Pro P300-145 - Scratchy sound with my earphones

Hi Andunemir,

What operating system you are using? Do you use Windows or Linux?
Furthermore it would be interesting to know if it happens only with earphones/external speakers or internal notebook speakers too. Can you test this please?

> I have to say I've been keeping the laptop working for quite a lot this weekend and it got more than warm so I don't know if that might be causing it in the first place.
The notebook temperature is pretty depending on the applications what you run. High CPU and graphic card usage causes higher temperature.

But it?s also recommendable cleaning the system from time to time using compressed air spray. This can blow out the dust from cooling ventilators and the notebook is much cooler after this. I do this every 3 months because I use my notebook every day. If I do this, I follow these instructions:
[How to clean the cooling system of a Toshiba notebook?|http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=105]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61493-Satellite-Pro-P300-145-Scratchy-sound-with-my-earphones
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi

I would like to solve it is to you that I regularly receive a notification (conFiGFrEE task tray menu no longer works), it is a laptop type Satellite P300-1FY, why do I get the message and what does this?

A:Satellite P300-1FY - Message: Configfree does not work

The issue could be caused by trojan or virus as reported in other Toshiba US forum
http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Drivers...ot/td-p/317426

I recommend you to uninstall the ConfigFree, then scan and clean the system using an antivirus software, additionaly you coudl clean the registry using CCleaner... after that you could reinstall the Configfree again...

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83711-Satellite-P300-1FY-Message-Configfree-does-not-work
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I have upgraded my notebook to Windows7 64bit and I am now in need of the OSD software that appears when hitting the FN key. Unfortunately I was not able to identify it in the downloads section.

thanks, Gerd

A:Satellite P300-1BB (PSPCCE) - need right software for FN key functionality

What you need to download and install is Toshiba Value Added Package.
This package contains several tools and utilities and one of them is ?Flash Cards support Utility?.

Toshiba VAP can be downloaded from here .

Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79571-Satellite-P300-1BB-(PSPCCE)-need-right-software-for-FN-key-functionality
Relevancy 64.93%

My notbook Satellite P300-17L want a BIOS password when you turn on.
Plas hp my.

A:Satellite P300-17L - BIOS password has appeared

You need to send the notebook to a Toshiba Service Centre to remove the password.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90696-Satellite-P300-17L-BIOS-password-has-appeared
Relevancy 64.93%

Does anyone know which battery the P300 comes with as standard as it only has a 2.6 hour battery life?
The battery offered in the accessories list is a 9 cell 6000mAH one, and I need to know if this is higher capacity or the same.

A:Re: What battery was delievered with Satellite P300 series

What P300-xxx do you have exactly?

>... it only has a 2.6 hour battery life
Please apologize this comment but 2.6hours are to short for you?
My small u400 runs only 2hours on battery power using just only IE for internet browsing.

However, the battery working time depends on the notebook usage.
You can extend the battery working time decreasing the display brightness and disabling some other devices like HDD or cooling modules.

These settings can be done in Vista Power settings.
Check this Toshiba article
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD84026Q0000R01.htm

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?43472-Re-What-battery-was-delievered-with-Satellite-P300-series
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Satellite Pro P300 and was wondering whether the CPU or Graphic card can be upgraded?

I really like my laptop but an upgrade is looming and before I take the plunge I just want to see if there any options other than a new laptop.

A:Satellite Pro P300 - Upgrade of graphic card and CPU

Hello

CPU and graphic card upgrade is not supported and there is no list with compatible CPUs. So everything happens on your own risk. In worst case a new CPU will not recognized from mainboard or BIOS, probably you need a new cooling module too so I wouldn?t do this?

Furthermore the graphic card is fixed on mainboard and cannot be exchanged.

=> [Can I upgrade the CPU, graphic card or mainboard in my Toshiba notebook?|http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=13]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63344-Satellite-Pro-P300-Upgrade-of-graphic-card-and-CPU
Relevancy 64.93%

Satellite Pro P300 1AY

Firstly and most importantly, I suspect the backlight may have gone in my laptop screen.
If, for example, it's just something simple like a loose connection, is this an easy fix?

Otherwise, any idea how much it would cost for a replacement?

Secondly, I"m thinking of switching to a different keyboard layout.
Does anyone know where I can find a Belgian AZERTY keyboard for this laptop?

Thanks x

A:Satellite Pro P300-1AY - screen and keyboard issues

> Firstly and most importantly, I suspect the backlight may have gone in my laptop screen.
> If, for example, it's just something simple like a loose connection, is this an easy fix

Hmm?. maybe it?s a FL inverter. The FL inverter is a small part which controls the display backlight?
Usually notebook disassembling procedure is very tricky and it sounds like you have never disassembled the notebook? so I would not recommend doing anything what could damage other parts? Get in contact with an local ASP and ask for the assistance.
Usually the FL inverter should not be expensive parts but I have no idea about the costs?

> Does anyone know where I can find a Belgian AZERTY keyboard for this laptop?
?and again? all spare parts can be ordered from local ASP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?49658-Satellite-Pro-P300-1AY-screen-and-keyboard-issues
Relevancy 64.93%

My P300 went to my local repair shop for a network adapter issue. I believed it was simply a software or driver issue so I was not worried that my machine was still under warranty. Following an investigation, they stated they could not resolve the issue so would reformat and reinstall the OS, which they thought should sort out the problem.

To my horror, I found that they had broken the warranty seals and opened up the machine. They claimed the only way to back up the P300 prior to reformat, is to remove the HDD!
Is this true?
(It turns out that a broken chip is to blame, but because they've breached the warranty, Toshiba won't touch it!)

Can anyone advise about this issue of removing the HD to back it up please?

A:Satellite Pro P300 - Removing HDD to perform a backup?

Hey,

Normally it?s not necassary to restore factory settings with removing the HDD but don?t worry about this. The notebook can always be opened from an authorized service provider without loosing the warranty.

I also don?t know why they did it, maybe they have checked hardware. This would be possible because they have professional diagnostic tools.

But interesting to know would be if your problem is now solved or not?!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?58414-Satellite-Pro-P300-Removing-HDD-to-perform-a-backup
Relevancy 64.93%

I bought Toshiba P300 28E last week. I successfully downgraded from Vista Business into Windows XP Professional with Toshiba supplied DVD. Updated Windows with Windows Update. After 3 days, laptop shut down suddenly, and since Windows is not starting, it actually does not boot.

When I press power button, it turns on, shows "Toshiba Leading Innovation" logo image, and "Press 2", "Press 12..." option, and it freezes and stops.
I tried to press F2 and F12, nothing happened.

I can not access into Boot menu.

I put Toshiba Recovery CD, disk drive does not work. Recovery disk does not start, despite earlier I remember putting CD/DVD boot in first place in Boot Options of Boot Menu.

I checked everything, power cable, took battery of and put it back after 3 hours, tried to power on laptop in AC Power, without battery. Did not help.

Do not what to do?

Your help much appreciated.

A:Satellite P300-28E does not boot - windows is not loading

Hello Fiona

If you cannot enter BIOS settings (F2) at start-up there must be some serious hardware issue.
I recommend you to contact your local dealer where you bought this notebook and ask for help or you can contact Toshiba service provider directly.

All you have tried to do is right but if notebook doesn?t allow you to enter BIOS settings something is wrong there and you need professional help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50787-Satellite-P300-28E-does-not-boot-windows-is-not-loading
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Satellite P300 and have an intermittent problem where the keypad and mouse lock up when on battery power, it doesn't happen when running on mains power. The screen itself shows lots of lines across it when this happens.
I use mobile broadband [3 prepaid], but I don't think this is where the problem lies.

Can anyone help? Padi.

A:Satellite Pro P300 - Locking up when on battery power

Hi padi,

That?s really strange issue...

Some more details about your notebook would be interesting. Are you running preinstalled Windows version or have you installed another OS?

Theoretically it could be a software/driver issue or hardware malfunction. At first I would reinstall Windows using Toshiba recovery disk.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55770-Satellite-Pro-P300-Locking-up-when-on-battery-power
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I recently loaded Windows 7 (64bit) onto my Satellite Pro P300. I downloaded all the drivers for W7 64 bit and everything happily installed, for the most part.

The touchpad, however, is not fully functional. The upgrade page said to use the Vista drivers, and did not provide any drivers for win7. The installation of the Vista drivers did not realy go so well.

Anyhow, the critical piece of functionality missing is that thing where you drag your finger up and down the right edge of the touchpad, and it scrolls for you. I can click and double click and move the cursor around. But I cannot scroll. And it is such a pain having to move the cursor all the way over to the application's scrollbar, with a widescreen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
'

A:Touchpad on Satellite Pro P300 does not work with Windows 7

If I understand you right you are missing these additional mouse settings. Am I right about that?
Which driver you have installed?
Synaptics driver maybe?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?51291-Touchpad-on-Satellite-Pro-P300-does-not-work-with-Windows-7
Relevancy 64.93%

hi i have a major problem When start up the laptop i get to see the bios screen after this normally you should see that win is starting up I get a blank screen backlighting is boot screen after BIOS Satellite No P300-17R working but no blinking cursor or what so ever Ive tried the following things Try all A C related topics like removing batteries etc - gt nothing happens blank screen Ive tried all possible key combinations inorder to reach the safe mode option - gt nothing happens blank screen I remove the Satellite P300-17R No boot after BIOS screen HDD and tried booting only from dvd--rom windows - gt works fine put the HDD back and set bios to boot from dvd-rom only - gt nothing happens blank screen Ive got another laptop so i put the HDD from the toshiba and tried to see if that works - gt win works fine and i can get access to everything to my HDD works fine and Win is also working fine Ive put the other HDD from the other laptop into the Toshiba laptop and put it on - gt ive got a working screen where windows vista is asking to restore it from a certain point may be cause by the difference in hardware between the laptops What is wrong Please help me

A:Satellite P300-17R No boot after BIOS screen

Can we continue discussion under http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums//message.jspa?messageID=226565 ?

I mean why to start second thread with the same problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60433-Satellite-P300-17R-No-boot-after-BIOS-screen
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all

I have a problem with my Toshiba Satellite P300-22R.
When I start the PC, the normal starting screen comes (Toshiba Leading Innovation) from where I can also start the BIOS and all the stuff. But now nothing works again! I'm always in this Screen, Windows doesn't start and when i push F2 I don't come to the BIOS. Can you help me?

Thanks and Best Regards

Angelo

A:Windows doesn't start on my Satellite P300

Start your notebook and press F8 to enter Advanced boot options. Try please to start Windows in safe mode.
Send some feedback.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60442-Windows-doesn-t-start-on-my-Satellite-P300
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop is getting so hot underneath that its burning my leg. Any ideas whats the best option for this?

I can still hear the fan working but I can't think of what it could be.

A:Satellite Pro P300 heating to the point of burning

To be honest I don?t know what are you doing with your notebook and why your notebook is placed on your leg/legs. Is it really comfortable for usage? ;)
Anyway, I presume you like to use your notebook on the sofa or elsewhere using WLAN connection. Am I right about that?

I don?t think you will burn your leg but what can happen is that you will burn notebook?s mainboard.
Satellite P300 is big 17? notebook with powerful hardware that needs to be cooled down properly.
I can imagine that your leg blocks cooling vent at the bottom and hardware temperature reach critical level pretty fast and you can feel it on your leg.

In my opinion there is no reason for panic. All you must do is to take care about your ?little? toy and use it on proper way.

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59384-Satellite-Pro-P300-heating-to-the-point-of-burning
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi

i have the above Laptop and unfortunately dropped it recently, it worked for about 15 hours after the incident then while browsing the monitor just seemed to go off. I looked really hard at the monitor and could still just make out the screen and what it was outputting, but it was very difficult. I have mnanaged to plug the laptop intp my tv and change the settings so I can use it, but this isn't ideal!!

Anyway a friend of mines did the same about 3 weeks ago, another laptop, the engineer said it was the keyboard, replaced it and hers now works fine. Is this what is wrong with mine or is it or could it be something completely different?

Many thanks in advance for any help, advice info!

James

A:Satellite Pro P300 - Display barely legible

Hello

That means an external monitor works properly?
According these informations in your posting it sounds like that the FL inverter needs replacing. It controls the backlight of display and if the inverter doesn?t work, it?s barley legible.

So you should contact an authorized service provider in your country. The guys can replace the FL inverter and check your whole notebook. I?m sure everything can be clarified with them. ;)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53979-Satellite-Pro-P300-Display-barely-legible
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi... (not sure which topic group I should have posted this in)

I wanted to restore my Toshiba Satellite to factory settings. It ran fine at first, but its gotten significantly worse (and not due to viruses).

How would I go about doing that? One website told me to tap F8 during boot-up, until I get to advanced options. But then the only option that seems relevant is "Toshiba Recovery Wizard". But this asks for a disk that I was not given when I purchased my laptop new.

Do I need this disc? Can i find it anywhere? Is there another way to reset to factory settings?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:Difficulties Resetting Toshiba Satellite to Factory Settings in Vista

According to this link you can have restore CDs sent to you at no cost.Have had little opportunity to work with Satellite`s. When you first start it up there is a black screen that appears prior to the Windows start-up screen. It should present you with at least 2 options, maybe 3. What are they?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252586/difficulties-resetting-toshiba-satellite-to-factory-settings-in-vista/
Relevancy 64.07%

Last night I was working on a slideshow using windows movie maker in Vista I had trouble or boot Satellite up Vista won't in screen running my computer Toshiba and getting the software to recognize my video files for my camcorder so I was suggested to try and download codec so it could play my files I have no idea what I was doing but gave it a shot Even though the codec didn t work even after download I was still able to run my computer normally This morning I woke up and continued to work on my slideshow but my computer would not play my slideshow All it would do was play the audio and music files Everything else seemed to function so I decided to reboot My computer will reboot but now my screen is black It still quot functions quot I can see it changing different colors of black and grey as it is rebooting and I can hear all the audio that comes Toshiba Satellite running in Vista and my screen or computer won't boot up along with rebooting but I can t get my laptops screen to work I hooked up my desktop to my laptop to see if the monitor would work that way It worked for about sec and then turned black also I then rebooted and hit F and ran in safe mode with my desktop screen still connected I am able to run in safe mode but not reboot normally I think I downloaded some virus with that codec I then decided to unhook the desktop monitor and just hit F hoping the screen would show up on my laptop but that still won t work It remains black Now I am running in safe networking mode so I can find out what to do next I tried a system restore in safe mode but I think it only deleted windows updates and not anything else I cannot locate my toshiba restore CD as we moved a month ago and it is somewhere in a box So here I am I worked endlessly on a slideshow for christmas and cannot play it or finish it until my laptop is running again I also attempted a system restore during rebooting but I don t know my password for administrator and I tried a couple that I thought I would have used during setup but they weren t the right ones and so now it disabled me from running as administrator Can someone tell me what I can do Thanks so much nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite running in Vista and my screen or computer won't boot up

In safe mode Remove that codec pack you installed, use Contol Panel>Programs and Features.
If you really think it is an infection, (very possible) you will have to take it to a reputable PC repair shop for disinfection.

Meanwhile find your restore Disc, it may be needed.

" I have no idea what I was doing but gave it a shot." I hope you learn from this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-running-in-vista-and-my-screen-or-computer-wont-boot-up.781330/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi My wife has been giving me agite for the last months about this BSOD trouble Toshiba w Satellite & Internet Vista [SOLVED] and I'm not sure [SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite w Vista BSOD & Internet trouble what to do If its a problem inherent in Vista the comp or both then it makes me very sorry to ever have gone with either There are problems and I think they're interrelated The computer loves [SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite w Vista BSOD & Internet trouble to reboot due to a system error at least every few days if not more The nd is that it loves to [SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite w Vista BSOD & Internet trouble randomly disconnect from the internet even though it says its connected by saying local amp internet sometimes it likes to randomly suggest its just locally connected even though my other computer on XP is fine ANd other times it says Local when it connects to the net just fine I've looked at a lot of sites and tried a few things installing newest drivers etc to no avail My wife hates her computer I quot ve run the debugger and it always points to athr sys which i believe is the wireless card which is why I think the problem is connected I ran an analyze on the most recent and got the message below Can anyone suggest what settings or something i can mess with to fix this I'm fed up already I've adjusted some of the power settings in hope that that may have caused it without success Can anyone help DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE f A driver is causing an inconsistent power state Arguments Arg A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg f b Physical Device Object of the stack Arg b Functional Device Object of the stack Arg fe The blocked IRP Debugging Details ------------------ DRVPOWERSTATE SUBCODE IRP ADDRESS fe DEVICE OBJECT b DRIVER OBJECT a IMAGE NAME athr sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e df MODULE NAME athr FAULTING MODULE c athr CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x F PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b c to eb e STACK TEXT acc b c f f b nt KeBugCheckEx x e b ac ba c d nt PopCheckIrpWatchdog x ad b d c c e ac e nt PopCheckForIdleness x c d cd e cd nt KiTimerListExpire x ce d c a db nt KiTimerExpiration x a d d edd e nt KiRetireDpcList xba d e nt KiIdleLoop x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner FAILURE BUCKET ID x F IMAGE athr sys BUCKET ID x F IMAGE athr sys Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:[SOLVED] Toshiba Satellite w Vista BSOD & Internet trouble

reinstall the lan driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-toshiba-satellite-w-vista-bsod-and-amp-internet-trouble-324594.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello forum,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300-1FP laptop, about 4 years old.

Running Windows 7 (32 bit version).

An occasional but annoying problem: when playing video, from time to time the whole system freezes. Sound continues to come from the speakers but it's usually either a slowed down & distorted version of what I should be hearing, or a loud, repetitive buzzing/screeching noise.

System never recovers - just freezes totally, unresponsive, display frozen, mouse pointer won't move, etc. Have to reboot each time.

Does anyone know what might be causing this & how I might fix it?

Thanks,
Alan.

A:Satellite Pro P300-1FP - Occasional Freezing When Playing Video

As far as I know SP P300 runs well with Win7 32bit. My brother has the same machine and use it with Win7 too. We have often checked performance with different games or playing different videos, mostly avi or mpeg files. YouTube videos run also very good and smoothly so I really don?t understand why do you have this freezing problem.

Have you installed display driver from Toshiba download page?
Is HDD extremely busy before this happen?

Does the same happen when you play games?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70984-Satellite-Pro-P300-1FP-Occasional-Freezing-When-Playing-Video
Relevancy 64.07%

After a clean XP installation I cannot install a proper display driver (Radeon 5145).
No driver is offered at Toshiba's website.

Is there any idea what I could do?

Please help - thank you!!

A:Win XP Display driver for Satellite Pro P300 PSPCDE requested

Hi

From my knowledge this graphic card was built in other Toshiba series too.
Satellite L500 PSLS9E
Satellite L505 PSLS9E
Satellite L550 PSLWSE
Satellite L555 PSLWSE
Satellite L630 PSK04E
Satellite L650 PSK1JE
Satellite L650D PSK1SE

Satellite Pro L500 PSLSAE
Satellite Pro L550 PSLWTE

So try the drivers released fort the series listed above.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71059-Win-XP-Display-driver-for-Satellite-Pro-P300-PSPCDE-requested
Relevancy 64.07%

My Satellite P300 keeps freezing when am watching videos.
Can't even watch you tube smoothly or carry out any activity without intermittent freezing.

Any help on this?

A:Freezing screen for Satellite Pro P300 while watching movie

Hi

Do you mean the whole notebook system freezes or just only the movie?
Do you need to reboot the notebook then?

Does this happen with all movie files or just only watching the videos from internet?
Do you use the Toshiba preinstalled OS or did you install your own system?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46007-Freezing-screen-for-Satellite-Pro-P300-while-watching-movie
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

i bougt a toshiba satellite pro P300-1bd. With this laptop, there is Dolby sound room on the pc.

I installed my P300-1bd with the recovery disk with XP. I upgraded the pc with windows vista business edition.

Before installation i had an excellent sound, with a good bass.

Now, after te recorey, the sound is very bad.

I installed the drivers for audio en sound card.
But, what do i have to do to get my good sound back.
I cant find sound room on internet so that i can install it. But i dont know if that is the problem.

Can anyone help me, to get my perfect sound back.

Thank you in advance.

Message was edited by: melina

A:Satellite Pro P300-1bd - No dolby sound room after recovery

Hi

The Toshiba European driver page provides two Conexant sound drivers for this notebook model.
+Sound Driver 4.36.10.0+
+Sound Driver 4.83.1.0+

I recommend checking the newer version 4.83.1.0
Uninstall the older driver firstly in device manager.

Reboot the unit and install the new downloaded driver.

Hope this helps to get better sound quality :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63919-Satellite-Pro-P300-1bd-No-dolby-sound-room-after-recovery