Windows Support Forum

Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Q: Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 95.03%

hi guys i have a gaming tower with the following spec: Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core2 Extreme motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wi-Fi 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache 64-bit ready Multi-core (4 total) Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E3 Deluxe Rev 1.xx Bus Clock: 400 megahertz BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 750W thermaltake pcu Thermaltake case V3 with side window, 2x120mm blue LED fans+ 2x120mm fans CPU Cooler Thermalright 120 Ultra+120mm fan RAM Patriot 2x2GB 1333MHz 1500.06 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio two Nvidia graphic cards GTX 295 Dual GPU card microsoft office Multi memory card reader there was only one gtx 295 graphics card in the tower when i bought it but i bought another and sli them together. but its not happening when in opertion. can my mother board sli them and if not, is there anything i can do to get them to work together???? thanks tom

A:can i sli two nvidia gtx 295 on a ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wi-Fi motherboard.

Your motherboard would work fine for sli, I think your motherboard is chip X38 so it is SLI PCI-E 2.0 x16 x2, So i don't think thats the problem, i do believe your psu is not powerful enough for two gtx295's. I would suggest a 800-1000 watt psu, but you will easilly get away with a 800watt psu.

Hope I helped in some small way

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/197201-can-i-sli-two-nvidia-gtx-295-asus-p5e3-deluxe-wi-fi-motherboard.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all,

I've got a new mobo, Asus P5Q SE2 (with the latest BIOS version 0801). I've been getting blue screens on startup, even before the login screen appears. If I press the reset button, I get the normal "Windows did not start correctly...." and select "Start Windows Normally" and it loads into Windows fine and don't have anymore issues. These blue screens don't happen every boot up and not on a warm boot, just on a cold boot.

The two blue screens have been (i) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and (ii) PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

My memory is Crucial Ballistix, DDR2 PC2-6400 2x1GB kit (BL2KIT12864AA80A).

Cheers in advance.

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5Q SE2 motherboard (BSOD)

Have you run any memory test diagnostics to see if it is the ram? Have you run any drive diagnostics? Is the system overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5q-se2-motherboard-bsod.153175/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop with wifi support that is inbuilt or = Sony P5E3 laptop Asus problem on Wifi + Laptop motherboard Vaio Deluxe onboard I already have a Asus P E Deluxe motherboard at my home with ram gb gtx card and a quad core processor Now I connect this pc with a broadband connection at home running mbps speed This motherboard also has a wifi onboard connection What I Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop am trying to do is setup this wifi connection so that my laptop can also connect to the internet wirelessly For this I have installed the wifi driver of Asus something called Asus WiFi-AP n software and configured it with giving it a proper connection name and a password I have successfully done all the wifi network setup wizard on the pc and it is working well Now the problem is that my laptop is able to find this wifi connection but after sometime it gives an error saying to troubleshoot network connection and the wifi network disappears from the laptop and again i Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop have to search for this wifi network and the cycle continues Similarly when I am trying to connect my Nokia e mobile phone with the pc via wifi my phone is able to pickup the wifi connection and sometimes it is able to connect to the internet and I am also able to browse different websites but sometimes it gives me a gateway time out error So can anyone tell me how can i connect my sony vaio laptop to the internet wirelessly by using the Asus P E Deluxe WiFi-AP n connection Also if possible then please let me know how to connect my phone as well which is a secondary question Thank you in advance Note that - The operating system that I am using on my pc with Asus P E Deluxe motherboard is having Windows XP installed on it and on the sony vaio laptop windows is installed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-asus-p5e3-deluxe-motherboard-wifi-problem-on-laptop.955799/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I had Windows professional -bit Never had a major problem I downloaded and installed Windows I was having a major problem My USB ports on the back of the case would not work be recognized until I rebooted Then they worked fine The ones in the front worked ok It was a pain to have to reboot every time I started the cpu My call to Microsoft was no help After a wait of about hour they in a language that was hard to understand had me download a bunch of drivers from the C prompt When that didn t work I lost the connection After a lot of swearing and a couple of beers I finally went to a computer repair shop that had many recommendations and satisfied 10 not compatible Windows Motherboard with ASUS customers After about a week and their diagnostic charge they found that my motherboard does not support Windows and they couldn t find any new drivers that Windows 10 not compatible with ASUS Motherboard would help I accepted their offer to reload Windows Professional -bit and reinstall Microsoft Office at no charge I found a web site that shows which ASUS motherboards are compatible http www asus com microsite mb Windows mine isn t Windows 10 not compatible with ASUS Motherboard listed Question I don t want to install a new motherboard Do I have any other options I d rather not do a trial and find that I have to again reinstall Windows Disktop Package not a brand name Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC ModelP H -M PRO LGA Version Rev xx Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model Havendale Clarkdale Host Bridge Chipset Revision Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model H Windows 10 not compatible with ASUS Motherboard Southbridge Revision Mike nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I have motherboard ASUSTek P5G-MX Intel 945 chipset (Socket775), Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00 GHz with 2GB RAM, 1 TB HDD.

will w8 install and run on it?

W8 is not even installing, preview didn't install, and now Windows 8 Enterprise Final Retail 32bit is not installing. I have tried installing from DVD as well as from flash pen drive.

both giving problem "A media driver your computer needs is missing."

What is the problem and how to get over this?

I am running w7-64 bit so my pc is sure 64 bit compatible, I guess.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

A:is Windows8 compatible with ASUS P5G-MX motherboard or not

Win 8 is based off the same NT kernel as Vista and Win7 so should run on it.
Are you using a IDE or Sata hard drive?
If Sata is the controller set to AHCI or IDE(legacy) mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/is-windows8-compatible-with-asus-p5g-mx-motherboard-or-not-677116.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have the latest bios version 2103 so I sure hope so cause, I already ordered the 4970k.

A:i7 4790k compatible with Asus z87-A motherboard?

According to their support page for the board, yes.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64674-i7-4790k-compatible-asus-z87-motherboard.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I want to use LPT printer so choose this motherboard model. If any other motherboard with better spec avail tell me. Also tell me processor combination for this board and also for suggested motherboard.

A:Compatible processor for Asus H61M-D Motherboard

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H61MD/HelpDesk_CPU/

Supported processors for that motherboard at the above link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396715-compatible-processor-asus-h61m-d-motherboard.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello all,

I have this board on order and would like to know which ram would be the best for it. The processor I have is a core 2 duo e6850 fsb 1333 so I wish to get ram of the same fsb. I wasn't sure what timing/voltage to get and whether it should be:

DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) (80)
DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660) (10)
DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) (86)

As these are the 3 categories of 1333 DDR3 on newegg. I want to get the best possible speed without having to overclock. I believe the P5e3 supports up to 1333 without overclocking.

I would really appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks!

A:What DDR3 Ram for Asus P5E3?

The Asus board will support most recognised (name brand) RAM. To make sure I would download the memory QVL (qualified vendor list) for the board and choose from Asus's recommendations.

The three categories are all (confusingly) the same specification. Some RAM vendors are more pedantic than others in listing memory bandwidth (10600, 10660, 10666 MB/sec)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-ddr3-ram-for-asus-p5e3.171285/
Relevancy 73.96%

hi guys,

my computer is given me problems:

in the bios is have put FSB on 333mhz with a multiplier of 9 to get the 3 ghz for the duo core Intel processor.

Now in the bios it says: 333 mhz x9 as a maximum and 333 mhz x6 as a minimum. But when i use CPUID, it almost is working on 333 mhz x6 (2 ghz).

I am not in the possibility to make the 333 mzh x9 LOCKED.

The added book from ASUS claims you can put EIST off, but i do not see or find any EIST. IT is normally in the CPU configuration.....

Even not Speedstep.....to alter this.

So if anyone can tell me how i can make the processor to work ALL DAY at 333 mhz x9......thanks

Jeff

A:Asus P5E3-WS-Pro problem

Originally Posted by jeff_rys

hi guys,

my computer is given me problems:

in the bios is have put FSB on 333mhz with a multiplier of 9 to get the 3 ghz for the duo core Intel processor.

Now in the bios it says: 333 mhz x9 as a maximum and 333 mhz x6 as a minimum. But when i use CPUID, it almost is working on 333 mhz x6 (2 ghz).

I am not in the possibility to make the 333 mzh x9 LOCKED.

The added book from ASUS claims you can put EIST off, but i do not see or find any EIST. IT is normally in the CPU configuration.....

Even not Speedstep.....to alter this.

So if anyone can tell me how i can make the processor to work ALL DAY at 333 mhz x9......thanks

Jeff

I guess a first step is to go to the Overclocking Forum at the Vista Forums. http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/
They have a wealth of info on overclocking, and some of the people there are absolute geniuses at getting the best out of an overclock. Feel free to ask their advice and for help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/191879-asus-p5e3-ws-pro-problem.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I have Asus P E and SilveStone and with Problem P5E3 SS TJ-10 Asus TJ- When I tried to put mobo into the case on the supporting removable plate I discovered that mobo holes doesn t match with risers spacers holes approximately - mm and to be able to a attach a mobo I have to push hard toward the baseplate at the back This could be possible happened because of Asus attach a rubber strip covered by silver foil onto backplate which prevent it to properly align mobo holes with spacers risers holes What should I do put a pressure and attach with this pressure but then it will be constant pressure on all inputs and outputs at the back or I can try drilling a larger holes in the mobo Also I can remove that silver rubber thing on Problem with Asus P5E3 and SS TJ-10 back plate but it can create issues with EMI or short some trails on the mobo Did somebody have these problems with Asus P E Also another question with SS TJ- where on ASUS mobo I should put sound and video card soundcard at the Problem with Asus P5E3 and SS TJ-10 bottom or video card on the bottom I have XFX GT mb and Asus Xonar D Please help me with your wisdom this is my first system but I already stuck at the beginning P S sorry my mistakes English is my second language nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Asus P5E3 Pro
Intel C2Q Q9300
Corsair Xmas3 DDR3 4 Gb
Asus EN9800 Gtx
Chieftec POWER Turbo series.
2 seagate hardisk each 500 gb

Problem is than i turn it on computer dont beeps or sometimes does 1 0f 10 times its boots normaly, but freezes (sometimes) when windows 7 64bit loads on. It happend when electicity went down one time. I have tryed things Takin ram out. Somebody knows what it could be wrong ?? Please help and sorry for my bad english iam from lithuania.

Thanks

A:Asus P5E3 Pro problems I am new and I need help

First, don't worry about your English. It is fine.

It could be your power supply. Do you have any friends that have computer technical knowledge? And if so do they have a multimeter that can test your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-pro-problems-i-am-new-and-i-need-help.155824/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I have Asus P E and SilveStone TJ- When I tried to put mobo into the case on the supporting removable plate I discovered that mobo holes doesn t match with risers spacers holes approximately - mm and to be and Asus TJ-10 Problems P5E3 with case Silverstone able Problems with Asus P5E3 and Silverstone TJ-10 case to a attach a mobo I have to push hard toward base plate at the back This could be possible happen because Asus attach a rubber covered by silver foil on the back plate which prevent Problems with Asus P5E3 and Silverstone TJ-10 case to properly align mobo holes with spacers risers holes What should I do put a pressure and attach with this pressure but then will be constant pressure on all inputs and outputs at the mobo back or I should try increase with drill a larger holes in mobo Also I can remove that silver rubber thing on back plate but it can create issues with EMI Did somebody have these problems with Asus P E Also another question with SS TJ- because PSU at the bottom of the case where on ASUS mobo I should put sound and video card soundcard at the bottom or video card on the bottom I have XFX GT mb and Asus Xonar D Please help me with your all wisdom this is my first system and I already stuck at the beginning Sorry my mistakes English is my second language nbsp

A:Problems with Asus P5E3 and Silverstone TJ-10 case

I have never seen rubber on an I/O case plate before. can you post a photo of it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-asus-p5e3-and-silverstone-tj-10-case.677312/
Relevancy 72.24%

Does this motherboard act like a wireless router? Can I use it in place of one or does it only connect to a router? I have a MacBook Pro which "sees" the PC in Access Point mode but won't connect to the internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-p5e3-deluxe-wifi-ap-n-support-309714.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have just assembled a new computer with following specs:

CPU - Intel E8400
Motherboard - Asus P5E3 X38
RAM - Corsair CM3X 2x2Gb (somehow corrupt so now I?m working with only one in single channel)
Power supply - Zalman ZM600 Watt
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000340AS
+cards and so on (no FDD though)

The problem is while installing Vista 64, I get no drive to select as installing location though BIOS sees the hard disc. Browsing the internet it could be a missing SATA driver for the mobo, but on the CD which came with the board there is no working driver. I found only the Intel Matrix Storage manager driver on the Asus website, but this is an .exe file and I cannot execute it since the computer is brand new.

Someone any suggestions?
Your help is much appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/188589-sata-driver-asus-p5e3-new-computer.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all I Q9450 P5e3 Asus 2.66GHz 2x2GB OC my + DDR3 would like to OC this system OC my Asus P5e3 DDR3 2x2GB + Q9450 2.66GHz to about ghz and some nice memory speeds and timings But i keep running into a wall i got the pc info below and Bios below that PC information CPU Arch CPU - Cores - Threads CPU PSN Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz CPU EXT MMX SSE S EM T VT-x CPUID Extended CPU Cache L x x KB - L x KB Core Yorkfield nm Stepping C Freq MHz MB Brand Asus MB Model P E Deluxe NB Intel X rev SB Intel IR ICH R rev RAM MB DDR Dual Channel RAM Speed MHz - - - Slot MB Slot Manufacturer Kingston Slot MB Slot Manufacturer Kingston Bios settings Ai Overclock Tuner Manual CPU Ratio Control Manual CPU Ratio Setting FSB Strap to North Bridge FSB Frequency PCIE Frequency DRAM Frequency DDR- DRAM Command Rate T DRAM Timing Control Manual DRAM Timings CAS Latency DRAM Clocks RAS to CAS Delay DRAM Clocks RAS PRE Time DRAM Clocks RAS ACT Time DRAM Clocks RAS to RAS Delay Auto REF Cycle Time Auto WRITE Recovery Time Auto READ to PRE Time Auto READ to WRITE Delay S D Auto WRITE to READ Delay S Auto READ to READ Delay S Auto READ to READ Delay D Auto WRITE to WRITE Delay S Auto WRITE to WRITE Delay D Auto DRAM Static Read Control Disabled DRAM Dynamic Write Control Disabled Ai Clock Twister Strong Ai Clock Skew for Channel A Auto Ai Clock Skew for Channel B Auto Ai Transaction Booster Enabled Boost Level Voltage Settings CPU Voltage CPU PLL Voltage FSB Termination Voltage DRAM Voltage NB Voltage SB Voltage Auto Clock Over-Charging Voltage Auto Load-Line Calibration Disabled CPU GTL Voltage Reference Auto NB GTL Voltage Reference Auto CPU Spread Spectrum Disabled PCIE Spread Spectrum Disabled thx for your time Keesi nbsp

A:OC my Asus P5e3 DDR3 2x2GB + Q9450 2.66GHz

Increase your cpu voltage to 1.33 and increase you cpu frequency to 3.0 ghz and go from there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oc-my-asus-p5e3-ddr3-2x2gb-q9450-2-66ghz.160175/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I recently bought Asus P E -Deluxe-WiFi-AP and I got an annoying sound problem Everything I hear on P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi bugged! Asus Sound AP. HELP! the computer songs ingame sounds voices on teamspeak is reproduced on the microphone It s irritating especially when I use some voice program like teamspeak or skype because the other person speaks and hears the quot echo quot of his own voice or any other sound I am listening to in my computer Before someone asks I use a HELP! Asus P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi AP. Sound bugged! headset so the problem is the sound configuration Every buddy that tried to help me with this problem have sound cards whose drivers allow the user to set the quot line volume quot I guess it s how it is said in english since I ve only read this in portuguese quot volume de linha quot Setting this quot line volume quot to no sound solves the problem for them but my sound card s driver doesn t allow it You can see bellow a screenshot of my volume control panel unfortunatelly in portuguese Does anyone have any clues I don t know if it helps or even if there is any difference but I use the frontal jacks from my cabinet Maxxtro s Jupiter not the jacks on the sound card itself that are located on the cabinet s back Thanks a lot and sorry for the bad english nbsp

A:HELP! Asus P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi AP. Sound bugged!

Well, in fact i just realized that the problem happens even if I don't use any jack. Just joining teamspeak now and the sound message "member joined" was "said" by my computer to the other members, without any microphones or speakers connected...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-asus-p5e3-deluxe-wifi-ap-sound-bugged.756170/
Relevancy 71.38%

Asus p5e3 Deluxe Bios Chip Location

After years in IT I have had my first bios flash failure. Now I need to replace the bios chip on the motherboard. What I do know is that it is a 8 pin bios chip. However I can not find the location of the chip on my motherboard. Can anyone help and point it out on the motherboard? Thanks.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5E3 Deluxe

Also I can post close up pics in needed.

A:Asus p5e3 Deluxe Bios Chip Location

This is on Page 2-3 of your motherboard manual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/176467-asus-p5e3-deluxe-bios-chip-location.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been getting too many BSOD every random number of times I restart Windows. I have an ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard and Windows 8 in UEFI mode and am using original stock speed using BIOS optimized defaults. I have all the ASUS drivers downloaded from the ASUS website rather than the motherboard DVD. The NVIDIA driver was downloaded from the NVIDIA website. All drivers are WHQL. This happens when using the Intel 82579V controller, when I try the Realtek controller this doesn't happen but ASUS recommends using the Intel controller for best performance.

A:Random BSOD with ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard

Most of the BSOD's point to your Intel networking driver. I would suggest:
- download a fresh copy of the Intel driver from Intel Download Center
- uninstall the current drivers/software from your system
- install the freshly downloaded driver from Intel
- monitor for further BSOD's.

If the BSOD's continue, disable the Intel network device in the BIOS and use the Realtek one (update it's drivers from the Realtek website: Realtek )

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 2 22:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ICCWDT.sys Wed Aug 18 04:27:45 2010 (4C6B9981)
IIntel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ICCWDT.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 11:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

NBVol.sys Mon Nov 21 20:22:00 2011 (4ECAF938)
Nero Backup Volume Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NBVol.sys

NBVolUp.sys Mon Nov 21 20:25:20 2011 (4ECAFA00)
Nero Backup Volume Upper Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NBVolUp.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Wed Apr 18 21:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Feb 27 03:46:45.410 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\022713-18781-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16496.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130108-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:31.075
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+3c4fd )
BugCheck 21, {0, 1, 43414341, 41b8eebb}
BugCheck Info: QUOTA_UNDERFLOW (21)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The process (if any) that was initially charged.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, The quota type in question (paged pool, nonpaged pool, etc.)
Arg3: 0000000043414341, The initial charge amount to return.
Arg4: 0000000041b8eebb, The remaining (unreturned) charge.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x21
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x21_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3500
CurrentSpeed: 3510
BIOS Version 1805
BIOS Release Date 12/19/2012
Manufacturer System manufacturer
Product Name System Product Name
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Wed Feb 27 03:25:26.691 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\022713-15515-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16496.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130108-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:18.355
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1c63x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1c63x64.sys
Probably caused by :e1c63x64.sys ( e1c63x64+8153 )
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa800ef46450, fffffa800ef46570, 4120008}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa800ef46450, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffffa800ef46570, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 0000000004120008, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x19_20_e1c63x64+8153
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/21161-random-bsod-asus-p8z77-v-deluxe-motherboard.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My new system has the AMD Phenom II Processor with Kingston HyperX BLU KHX ASUS motherboard BSOD M4A88TD-V on XP installing Home on C D B K GX RAM BSOD on installing XP Home on ASUS M4A88TD-V motherboard and a Antec Power Supply I have several XP home hard drives that I have tried multiple times to have a normal bootup I have been able to do a safe BSOD on installing XP Home on ASUS M4A88TD-V motherboard mode bootup then install BSOD on installing XP Home on ASUS M4A88TD-V motherboard ASUS software while in safe mode I still get BSODs afterward I have taken out my video card and use this motherboard's ATI built in video processor Also removed the GB memory stick to eliminate that possible problem I even tried to install a new never-used XP Home operating system which also resulted in a BSOD after loading all the drivers and then attempting to run the new XP program I easily spent over hours doing various combinations to resolve this problem I have given up and have requested an RMA from NewEgg to return this lemon Just a warning to others who are setting up the Phenom II to not purchase an ASUS motherboard if you are planning to migrate an XP hard drive to this new system Rob

A:BSOD on installing XP Home on ASUS M4A88TD-V motherboard

When you install a Windows system on a computer it takes inventory of the chipset and drivers and installs them for that system. If you move the HDD over to another motherboard you will get a BSOD. You can usually do a Repair install at this point to install the proper drivers for that board, but there is not guarantee. If you have formatted (erased) the drive and installed a Clean version of XP, and still got a BSOD, then there is probably a problem with the RAM. Download Memtest ISO image and burn it to a CD using IMGBurn and boot off of the CD with 1 stick of RAM in at a time and run the tests.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-on-installing-xp-home-on-asus-m4a88td-v-motherboard-539560.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to install an ATI HDTV Wonder on my computer, but it needs DirectX 9 compatible, my Asus p4s533-mx can support DirectX 8, can it support version 9 by upgrading driver? and what is the frame buffer size for this card?
any comment would help. thanks a lot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-asus-p4s533-mx-directx9-compatible.290151/
Relevancy 53.32%

Im upgrading my hardware,so I'm wondering if it's a good idea to buy a WD HDD 640GB SATA III,and connect it to my mobo.

My mobo is Asus M2N,it has SATA connectors,and I have connected one WD SATA II HDD,it works just fine.

I'd like to know if this mobo supports SATA III HDDs.My priority at the moment is not full speed and advantages of SATA III HDDs,but the question if I could use it on this mobo.It's ok if my mobo downgrades HDD's capablities,cause I'm planning to replace the mobo in the next few months.

Have'nt found any topic that's dealing with this kind of issue,so if I'm wrong,I'd appreciate a link that describes the issue.

Looking forward to any response,thx.

Mario

A:WD SATA III 640GB HDD compatible with Asus M2N

TBH, Im not sure SATA 3 is really woth it for a mechanical HD.

I mean, they can not operate fast enough to saturate SATA 2, much less SATA 3.

Even a great number of SSDs, which are leaps and bounds faster, aren't really saturating SATA2. Although they are starting to now.

Perhaps others with more knowledge on the subject can provide insight of the advantages though.

From the specs I looked at, it doesnt appear it has SATA 3 ports. You may find out for sure in the owners manual though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145065-wd-sata-iii-640gb-hdd-compatible-asus-m2n.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am looking to upgrade my PC system with a new Video card. I am interested in the ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256mb video card but not sure if it is compatible with the ASUS A7V600-x MB. The Video card is 500mhz VPU with 400mhz ddr memory. The MB has PC3200 athlonXP CPU with 400mhz fsb, 400mhz ddr memory and AGP 8x technology with bus speed of 533mhz. Can someone tell me please if this is a compatible combination? Will there be any problems?

A:Looking for compatible Video card for ASUS MB

I know this is an old post. But unanswered.

The short answer is as long as you have AGP 8x, and your video card is AGP 8x, you're fine. If you case has the room for it. If your power supply has extra power for it. Then go right ahead.

Otherwise, if you're still hanging around here, what did you end up doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-compatible-video-card-for-asus-mb.21914/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! My computer is an older Asus notebook. Because of that the drivers are old too and i cant find any. Even if i use windows update utilitys and so on, for searching for drivers, it will find just a few.

But other important drivers, like audio drivers and so on, are hard to find.

I used a free trial of "Driver Whiz" but will not find any new drivers for my computer too.

Does that mean that my computer will not work properly on Win7? Does that mean that it would be better to install XP again?

My computer is a Asus A5e.
Thanks for any insights on this.

A:Drivers not compatible with Win7 (Asus A5e)

The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor is a tool designed to remove uncertainties about Win 7 and an existing system.You might give that a shot.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343459/drivers-not-compatible-with-win7-asus-a5e/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all,
I was looking to buy a 3700+ (939 socket) and a ASUS A8N SLI premium board to go with it. Newegg just put this board on sale, but upon reading the latest reviews, a few people say this is the only 939 processor that isn't compatible with this board, and that the deluxe will work. Other people say that they are running this board with this processor. This is totally confusing me, and I don't see anything specific on the AMD website.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,
John

A:3700+ San Diego compatible with ASUS A8N SLI Premium?

It is true.

According to the ASUS website, the 3700+ IS compatible with the deluxe version of that board (it is on the supported CPU list), but if you go to the Premium version, that particular CPU is skipped on the list.

In fact, that is the ONLY reason I didn't get a Premium board, as if I have any problems, I was afraid I wouldn't get any support as it is not officially supported.

I have the A8N-SLI deluxe with the Athlon64 3700+.

But as you said, if you search around you can see that many people do have that combination and it is working fine....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3700-san-diego-compatible-with-asus-a8n-sli-premium.35597/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just upgraded my memory from 8GB to 16GB and was wondering if the (long name ) Asus GeForce 950-M-26D5 128bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP ready graphics card would work on my p/c or does HP have an equivalent for it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Asus-Geforce-950-compatible-to-a-Pavillion-500-200t/td-p/5619514
Relevancy 52.46%

In a month I am planning to upgrade my gpu from Amd radeon r9 270 to Asus Strix GTX 1070. I know this is a big upgrade. I don't know if the gpu is fully compatible.  I know that the MOBO is compatible but I need help if the power supply is enough and if the size is too big. My power supply  500W. Will it be enough for the new gpu? I don't know its brand but it came with my HP envy Phoenix 810-200nc desktop. And will the gpu fit inside my case? Please help, I can not figure out if its compatible.

Solved!

View Solution.

A:Will ASUS GTX 1070 be Compatible With my HP Envy PHOENIX 810...

First I would cut a piece of cardboard to 11.73 " x 5.28 " and try to fit it into the space.The 500W PSU seems OK based on this review. Also read this concerning Secure Boot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-ASUS-GTX-1070-be-Compatible-With-my-HP-Envy-PHOENIX-810/td-p/5836668
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I need Graphic Card for my computer because the existing graphic card is build-in and it is 64Mb.
My Motherboard is Asus P5S800-VM.

I want to know Which Graphic Card is Compatible for my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Which graphics card is compatible with ASUS P5S800-VM

Unfortunately, that motherboard only has an AGP slot, so your videocard upgrade will be very limited.

Here is one of the cheaper units for AGP, but you must also ensure your case has adequate cooling (at least one case fan aside from the power supply fan is recommended) and also ensure you have a fairly beefy power supply (350 Watt or greater, 400W+ preferred).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161318

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-is-compatible-with-asus-p5s800-vm.196347/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, a while back I messed up my motherboard and am not looking to replace it. However I seem to be very illiterate when it comes to these things, so I was hoping to get some advice on what motherboard I should go for. I'll start off with the specs of the original computer: # CPU - AM2 Athlon 64bit 6000+ Dual Core # Memory - 2GB DDR2 RAM # Motherboard - ASUS M2A-VM # Graphics - 1GB ATI Radeon X1250 # Hard Drive - 320GB SATA The motherboard had integrated Graphics, so now I'm left with the CPU, Memory and HDD. I'd prefer to stick with an ASUS motherboard, but would change if it seemed beneficial. The computer would be used for the general downloading, playing movies, online gaming and running programmes such as Adobe Photoshop. I am looking for something roughly around Ģ100 (GBP) that will ship to the UK.

A:Compatible Motherboard

Heres a Gigabyte board that supports AM2 processors, as well as the latest AM3 CPUs, and supports DDR2: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...DDR2+PCI-Express+Motherboard+?productId=37519
Couldnt find a good Asus board thats based on a still modern chipset, but I prefer Gigabyte lately anyways.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatible-motherboard.944963/
Relevancy 52.46%

My HP a1203 desktop gave me the beep code indicating a bad motherboard. But I don't know where to find a new one thats compatible with my CPU, RAM, and my Radeon 9550 secondary graphics card.

This is the motherboard I had been using
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&product=1152514

A:a new motherboard compatible w/ this?

Well you could try HP to see if you can order a new motherboard for your Computer. Socket 754 Motherboards are going to be pretty hard to find as this is really old technology. The place I would normally recommend for older motherrboards doesn't even list anything for that Processor. Price Watch lists a few http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/motherboards/socket_754 but for the most part they are of very low quality. And you would not know if they will physically fit your case. Also you would not be able to use the OS that was preinstalled on the HP, if you are still using it. So you would have to buy a new copy of your OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-new-motherboard-compatible-w-this.916062/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just ordered GA-F2A85XM-HD3 and AMD FX 4130 Black Edition (3.8/3.9GHz), 125W, 4MB, total dedicated L2 cache, 4MB, L3 cache, 5200MHZ HyperTransport? bus, socket AM3+) ... and I dont know if they are compatibile * the first one is the motherboard I would love any information ... cause I ordered them online ..already

A:Is this motherboard compatible?

No they are not compatible. The motherboard has an FM2 socket while the FX 4130 uses an AM3+ socket.

Google the motherboard model, click on the Gigabyte website link, click on the support and download tab and look up the CPU support list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-motherboard-compatible.197438/
Relevancy 52.46%

Title basically says it all, I was running a gtx 550ti & gtx 660 but I am going to be removing the 550ti and I would like to SLI my gtx 660 if I get another one. Is it possible to SLI? If so how? I mainly only have the budget for another 660 but if I had a little more money would it be worth it to upgrade the the 700 series?
My PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3750k 3.5ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660
Nvidia GTX 550ti
PSU: Corsair CX750 Plus Bronze Power Supply
RAM: 8gb g-skill ripjaw
Motherboard: Asus P8 Z77-VLX

A:Can you SLI on a motherboard that is not compatible with SLI?

From ASUS...

Quote:
The ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard features the Intel Z77 chipset supporting the Intel LGA1155 3rd/2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Processors. ASUS DIGI+VRM technology offers full digital voltage regulation for real-time power control, unequaled stability and the most precise power delivery available in a mainstream platform. EPU conserves energy by intelligently moderating power and load requirements in real-time. Intel 3rd generation Core processors supports PCIe 3.0 for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology support.

If it well run Crossfire I think it should run SLI but ASUS does not actually list SLI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296587-can-you-sli-motherboard-not-compatible-sli.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello!
So i want to upgrade all the most important components in my computer, and i'd like to be able to play battlefield 3 (i would be pleased with medium graphics, i don't have high standards ) So i think i have everything i need, but i still need a compatible motherboard. These would be the specs:
AMD A6-7400K

Crucial 4GB DIMM DDR3 1600MHz

CX430

R7 240

Now is this a well-rounded build? and by that i mean is everything on-par with each other? because i'm still questioning about the graphics card and apu. But please don't recommend a lot more expensive parts, because i can't go a lot over my budget don't plan on building a pc that plays every new game, i just want to play some bf3, lol, and some other games. Thanks

A:What motherboard would be compatible

This is a continuation of this thread:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-compatible.1154737/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-motherboard-would-be-compatible.1154804/
Relevancy 52.46%

This (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131359) motherboard says it's memory standards are "DDR3 2000(O.C)/1600(O.C)/1333". I don't get what it means when it says (O.C) though. I know it means Overclocked, but what overclocked? 1333MHz RAM oc'd to 1600/2000? Anyway, would this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231225) be compatible with the above motherboard? Thanks

A:Is this RAM compatible with this motherboard?

Yeah man, it'll work.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=P6T

Use that as your guide from now on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-ram-compatible-with-this-motherboard.792300/
Relevancy 52.46%

A AMD Duron processor, after having many problems with my PC either freezing after it get's to the Desktop after log-in, or restarting or just turning itself off, i think, well pretty sure it's my motherboard, but not sure which MB is compatible. any links to online stores with the appropriate MB(uk only site's) would be greatful.

Thanks

A:Which motherboard is compatible for....

Any socket A motherboard is compatible, including your present one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-motherboard-is-compatible-for.269029/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi my motherboard was recently killed and I need to find a motherboard that is still compatible with the AMD Athlon 2 processor looking for Thier brand new or just a little used from 70-80 dollars or 80-100

A:Motherboard compatible with AM2

Newegg.com - AMD Motherboards

You can just make a selection and narrow it down.
AFter you are done picking let us know and we can help you investigate if it will work with your CPU. AM2 and AM2+ tend to have the same pins but we need to look at the manufactures support list before knowing if it will work.

Can you please update your specs so we can help you chose better?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/217643-motherboard-compatible-am2.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm looking to buy a new 200GB or 250GB hard drive but I'm unsure whether or not it's compatible with my motherboard.

This is a link to the specs of my motherboard:
http://au.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=230&l1=3&l2=13&l3=64

Here are the two drives I'm looking at buying, and just out of interest are they decent quality drives?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Maxtor-250GB...ryZ64462QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-SAMSUNG-...725804243QQcategoryZ64462QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have two motherboards, one is a MSI P6N Diamond, one an ASUS P5N32-SLI-Premium and I was wondering if they are 45nm compatible?

A:motherboard compatible cpu's

firstly i would start with a simple good search of the both of them to there manufacturers site where you can find a complete list of all compatable cpu's of that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-compatible-cpus.762796/
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to upgrade my Pentium 4 3.06Ghz to an E4700 2.6Ghz. I'm pretty sure the E4700 will be compatible with my motherboard because both processors use the LGA775 socket. Also, my motherbaord is capale of using a 533mhz Front Side Bus AND an 800Mhz FSB. I just want to double check just in case.

Motherboard specs
List of Core 2 processors

A:Is this CPU compatible with my motherboard?

Nope, its not compatible. There's a lot more to it then just the socket, the architecture of the these two processors is completely different and they aren't compatible with older boards. The most that board will support are the Pentium 4 and Pentium D processors. See here for a supported processor list: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...14&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3307503

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-cpu-compatible-with-my-motherboard.805313/
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently purchased an Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.2 ghz. However, I totally forgot to check if my motherboard was compatible with the processor.
I have a Dimension E510: http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_e510?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

This is the processor I purchased: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3241559

So, will I be able to run this new processor correctly?

PS. My earlier processor was a Pentium D Hyper Threading (if that makes a difference).

Thanks,
Parallelidox.

Relevancy 52.46%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131227
ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Process
I'm trying to install the CPU right now and I'm having some problems.... it doesn't fit in the slot.

Hopefully Im just retarded and am installing it wrong!!! help!!!!!!1

***NVM THERES A BLACK PLASTIC BACK THAT I WAS TOO SCARED TO REMOVE***

maybe im being too careful but the cpu seems way too thick to fit in the socket/slot

A:Are these compatible?? (CPU and Motherboard)

heres your cpu support list http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=Maximus Formula
theres no plastic on a processor......... take it off.......also read all the instructions that came with the cpu/mobo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-compatible-cpu-and-motherboard.690030/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I'm running into some issues with my new GC(MSI GTX 760). As far as I can tell my motherboard should be compatible with my new GC however it doesn't seem to be working. I've already upgraded my power supply to fit the GCs requirements.

This is my current setup:
8GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
AMD RADEON HD7570 2GB-------Upgraded to GTX 760
HP 460W PSU --------------------Upgraded to 625W
IPMMB-FM (Formosa) Motherboard

I have no idea how to make it work, if someone can help me or point in the right direction i'd really really appreciate it.

A:Motherboard not compatible with GC?

Upgraded to 625WClick to expand...

This really tells us nothing. Post the exact pw supply you installed ie corsair xxx123 or whatever.

Next you are correct that your mb should support a real video card however you do need to understand that big box mb are not designed to supply the extra current through the pci-e slot that a high performance card requires. I am not saying this is the cause however it is a possibility.

I assume you mean you are getting only a black screen when you pw ON. Is that correct?

Have you tried the card in another system to verify the card in fact works? If not, do so. In addition, those cards are pretty large. It is not uncommon to have the card hangup on part of the case, etc and not fully seat into the slot.

I am off to work so someone else should be along to give you some advise. Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-not-compatible-with-gc.1116874/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
I have this motherboard in my current self build: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97M-DS3H (rev. 1.0)

I'm trying to figure out if it is compatible with this RAM: Buy the PNY XLR8 Performance Edition 16GB Desktop Memory M at TigerDirect.ca

The motherboard's spec page says "1866 OC" but this is actual 1866 ram.
Cheers

A:Is my motherboard compatible with this RAM?

here is the memory. pdf

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64960-my-motherboard-compatible-ram.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i recently bought this motherboard http://www.msi.com/product/mb/870A [...] div=Detail

and was wondering if this ram would work with it

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/264748

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey there, I've just upgraded to windows 7, and with it, I got a new CPU for my motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115131

Is the CPU i'm using. My problem, though, is that when i tried to install it while i still had windows XP, is that i had screen tearing followed by BSOD's and crashes. I went to a few tech support guys, and they told me it might be a problem with my BIOS or CPU not being compatible with my motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188012

I'll also include the Dxdiag file with all these... if any of you guys have any suggestions, please let me know <3

Thanks for reading,
Claytor

A:CPU compatible with Motherboard?

Please let us see this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-compatible-with-motherboard-477583.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys, I wanted to switch out my current mobo for a new one(have a compaq presario 4403us, current mobo is an intel solano 815) and i dont know how to find out if the new mobo i want is compatible with my case. Anyone know how i can find this out, the mobo i want is this one
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=866224&Sku=A455-1028E
thanks alot

A:compatible motherboard?

I think that HP/Compaq use proprietary cases/MOBO's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatible-motherboard.303658/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

A:Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATIŪRADEON XPRESS 200
ULIŪM1573
I would research this board further.

The IntelŪ Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 52.03%

I bought a Corsair CX430 for my build that has an ASUS M4A785-M mobo. The Corsair CX430 uses an 8-pin EPS/ATV 12V connector, as opposed to the 4-pin that my mobo uses. However, they're supposed to be backwards compatible. My only problem is that there seems to be something in the way of the connector: I think the rightmost pins of the PSU's connector fits into the ones on my mobo leaving the other 4 to hang over the left side, but there's that thing with the 'R20' on it blocking them. Is there a way around this or am I just doing it wrong or am I going to have to find another PSU ?

A:Solved: ASUS M4A785-M isn't compatible with 8-pin EPS/ATX12V cord?

After staring at the connector for awhile I realized there was a tiny plastic hook that kept it together as a solid 8-pin. Unlatching it let me separate them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-m4a785-m-isnt-compatible-with-8-pin-eps-atx12v-cord.1014426/
Relevancy 52.03%

I need a videocard that's slimmer since the one I got blocks a pci-e slot I need Will Gigabyte Geforce G work well with this set up Computer Model OEM System Product Name To Be Filled By O E M Serial Number System Serial ASUS be GeForce compatible M4N68T? Gigabyte with G210 Will Number Chassis Chassis Manufacture Desktop Mainboard ASUS M N T Serial Number MT BIOS AMI OEM Total Memory GB DIMM DDR Processors Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor C GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Chipset Memory Controller AMD F Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T? Athlon Opteron Sempron HT Hub x GHz GHz FSB x GB DIMM DDR Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T? x MHz Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T? GHz Memory Module s Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Video System Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v SM GHz MB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x Graphics Processor Storage Devices Seagate ST A GB ATA quot MB Cache GB D SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache GB C I Hitachi HDS PLA GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache GB E SAMSUNG HD LJ GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache GB F TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S F ATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A G Disk DVD -R CD-R kB Cache N A H Logical Storage Devices D GB NTFS Seagate ST A GB ATA quot MB Cache I MB NTFS SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache E GB NTFS Hitachi HDS PLA GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache F GB NTFS SAMSUNG HD LJ GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache C GB NTFS SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache Optical Drive G N A TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S F ATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache Optical Drive H N A Disk DVD -R CD-R kB Cache Peripherals LPC Hub Controller ASUS MCP LPC Bridge LPC Legacy Controller T - Audio Device ASUS MCP High Definition Audio Audio Codec VIA VT S HD Audio Audio Device h Serial Port s Parallel Port s Disk Controller ASUS MCP LPC Bridge Disk Controller ASUS MCP Memory Controller Disk Controller ASUS MCP IDE Disk Controller ASUS MCP SATA Controller Disk Controller ASUS MCP SATA Controller USB Controller ASUS MCP USB Controller USB Controller ASUS MCP USB Controller FireWire Controller VT VIA Fire II IEEE- OHCI Link Layer Controller SMBus i c Controller nVidia MCP SMBus SMBus i c Controller nVidia MCP SMBus Network Services Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Ethernet Mbps Operating System Windows System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Platform Compliance x I don't play alot of computer games but watch alot of movies and make alot of music on this computer does this sound like an ok setup

A:Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T?

Why not? It's about the lowest-end card in its series, but it may serve your needs.

Be wary of the fanless versions of the card, though. They may have large heatsinks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225874-will-gigabyte-geforce-g210-compatible-asus-m4n68t.html
Relevancy 52.03%

BOTH SYSTEMS USED THE SAME PSU watt heres my current system specs Athlon XP on a ASUS A V X-X mobo Windows XP home w SP of course mb PC- GeForce FX dMark score heres my previous system specs Athlon ghz on an ECS mobo Windows XP home w & Radeon ASUS aren't 9700pro compatible. :( A7V8X-X SP of course ASUS A7V8X-X & Radeon 9700pro aren't compatible. :( mb PC- ram ATI RADEON pro mb ASUS A7V8X-X & Radeon 9700pro aren't compatible. :( dMark score Keep in mind I m a gamer so these DMark scores matter a great deal to me I pretty much dropped canadian on a big upgrade and am still playing my games at the same level I was before and in some cases less than before The reason for this dive in performance is because of the garbage fx i have to use because my new mobo has a V AGP X slot and I was told by the guy who assembled it that the pro is about V and wont be functional on this new mobo So I decided to pull the GeForce out of there and install my pro doing the proper driver clean and reinstall of ATI drivers by plugging it into the AGP slot then plugging it into the PSU It booted fine and I scored a in dMark now that was the boost i was looking for Unfortunately after driving about laps around Bristol in Nascar Season with full detail and being able to view the entire Field in front of me in high quality the system crashed So I un-installed it and went back to the crappy GeForce for fear I may damage something because it was obvious that the guy was right about it being incompatible So I guess I ll be going back to the computer guy tomorrow not to get the next big Nvidia card but to get a Mobo that supports a screaming fast video card any suggestions on new mobos or any thoughts at all would be great it really sucks dropping on new hardware and having your system downgraded -soiled nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

how to u check if the fan is compatible with the CPU or motherboard?

A:how to u check if the fan is compatible with the CPU or motherboard?

plug it in, it either works or doesn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-u-check-if-the-fan-is-compatible-with-the-cpu-or-motherboard.59356/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, i recently board this motherboard without realising how soon core 2 duo's were being released, im just wondering if with a bios update or something this can be used with a Core 2 Duo processor.

P5GD1-VM Intel 915G Skt 775 800FSB SATA M/board

A:Core 2 Duo Compatible Motherboard?

Read question and answer #12

http://cache-www.intel.com/cd/00/00/30/70/307079_307079.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-2-duo-compatible-motherboard.496552/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi i have i vc37 motherboard and i was wondering if it is compatible with a pentium 4 2.4 with ht.

http://www.fic.com.tw/product/motherboard/1stmainboard_detail.aspx?model_id=37

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...on=19-116-157&ATT=Processors&CMP=OTC-d3alt1me

Relevancy 51.6%

Im purchasing an Intel Core i7 930 2.80Ghz Bloomfield Socket LGA1366 with an Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 Socket 1366 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard. Can anyone tell me with the CPU be 100% compatible with my choice of motherboard? Will i be required to do a bios update?

A:Is the Core i7 930 compatible with my motherboard?

It does andy. that board is shipping with bios update (original bios) 0108 that takes them up through the hexacores. your good
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=gFBKfNyhppW9tDbB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-core-i7-930-compatible-with-my-motherboard.148259/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,(sorry for my english)i have problems with my notebook Lenovo T61 model 7659-AT5 - it won't start. When i press Power - the light indicators shows some activity (num lock and caps lock lit for a while and then switch off; power, battery and charger indicators light up). No error beep or display anything on the screen so i guess the problem is in motherboard. My question - is it compatible motherboard of T61 7659-AB7  to my model T61 7659-AT5.I see that cpu is different but can i get motherboard+cpu ot AB7 and put them in AT5?AB7 https://www.lapstore.de/a.php/shop/lapstore/lang/en/a/2666/kw/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T61-7659-AB7-WHEAT5 https://www.lapstore.de/a.php/shop/lapstore/lang/en/a/3427/kw/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T61-7659-7661-LN8-BU3-... Thanks in advance!

A:Is it compatible motherboard of T61 7659-AB7 to 76...

Your English is fine. It should work without problems.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Is-it-compatible-motherboard-of-T61-7659-AB7-to-7659-AT5/td-p/2259610
Relevancy 51.6%

ok here's the thing... I am slowly upgrading my computer as I get the money. I was going to buy a new motherboard and a new processor, but at the moment I do not have the money to buy both so I am planning to go ahead and buy the new motherboard and wait on the processor. At the moment I have a pentium 4 2.4 ghz processor. I wanted to know if that processor is compatible with the asus a8n-sli socket 939 motherboard that I want to get.

Thanks for the help.

A:is this processor compatible with this motherboard?

if they are not compatible could you suggest a good motherboard that later on I could use with a higher end athlon processor and that works for the pentium 4?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible-with-this-motherboard.47616/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey all,

I recently dug up an old computer and wanted to use it but realized it is way too slow and the specs aren't even good enough to install Windows 7.

I currently have 512mb of RAM on that computer but I want to replace it and find a 2gb RAM that is compatible with my motherboard. I have an extra slot available for RAM.

How am I able to tell if the RAM I want is compatible with my motherboard?

Here is my system information from dxdiag:

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6. 00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~ 1.5 GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page file: 218MB used, 839MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your help!

A:Finding compatible RAM for old motherboard

Sorry for the double post but I also want to find out how I am able to tell which processor is compatible with my motherboard.

Am I better off getting a completely new motherboard or would a new processor and a new RAM do it?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finding-compatible-ram-for-old-motherboard.200960/
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to upgrade my CPU. It is currently an AMD Athlon Neo Processor MV-40. It is only 1.6 Ghz. My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv2 Entertainment PC. My motherboard specs are below.

Model: Flextronics 3055
FSB: AMD Hammer, 200 Mhz

The question I have is: What other CPUs are compatible with my motherboard.

I have already tried to look up my motherboard via Flextronics website, but it does not seem to be listed there. Thank you all in advance for any help.

A:Motherboard compatible with CPU. Upgrade.

Faites, welcome to the forums.

Quote:
I have already tried to look up my motherboard via Flextronics website, but it does not seem to be listed there.

Probably because it is an OEM board made by them for that (and maybe more) particular notebook. They wouldn't provide any support for it even if you did find it on their site as that would all fall on the notebook manufacturer.

As far as upgrading the CPU, unless it is supported in the bios the best you can do is the Turion Neo x2 listed here,

AMD Processors for Notebooks: AMD Turion

other than that, nothing. Even if it is supported (and that is entirely up to HP), ther eis the small matter of finding one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113235-motherboard-compatible-cpu-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm looking on buying this processor (the Core 2 Quad Q6700)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115027
the Q6700 is a Socket 775

I currently own this motherboard
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=P965_Neo-F
this motherboard is a Socket 775

Are these compatible with eachother? I am quite confused on determining what is needed for a processor and motherboard to be compatible with eachother (such as chipset). If these are compatible, what perfomance drawbacks might I expierence?

Thanks,
Josh

A:Is this motherboard compatible with the Q6700?

Unless you have the P965 Neo-F V2, it's probably not compatible with the Q6700.

CPU Compatibility list for the P965 Neo-F V2:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?...o=1275&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=#menu

No specific CPU compatibility list for a P965 Neo-F (no V2) on MSI's website.

CPU Compatibility list for the P965 Neo:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?...no=265&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=#menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-motherboard-compatible-with-the-q6700.706804/
Relevancy 51.6%

Motherboard - ASUS m3a32-mvp Deluxe
Current graphics card - AMD radeon hd 3850

Not all that tech-savy when it comes to computers, but was interested in upgrading my graphics card. the GTX 260 requires a pc express 2.0 x16.

I'll add more info on the subject if need be.

A:GeForce GTX 260 compatible with this motherboard?

it is, as a matter of fact your board has 4 pcie slots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-260-compatible-with-this-motherboard.138610/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys and thank you for motherboard out help what compatible figuring Need a is K8S-LA with viewing my problem I m new to this board so I not that sure if Need help figuring out what is compatible with a K8S-LA motherboard I m posting in the right place nonetheless thank you for viewing I have a Compaq Presario SR NX and would like to upgrade Need help figuring out what is compatible with a K8S-LA motherboard some parts in the computer specifically for gaming and other tasks as well I m planning on buying gigs of ram a new compatible graphics card and a new processor if necessary The problem is I don t really know what s compatible with my system only the ram I have a asus K S-LA Salmon motherboard with a agp slot so I m aiming to get a new agp graphics card since my current graphics card is a Sis Mirage I believe I have a AMD Sempron GHz processor socket and wish to upgrade it with a compatible processor if it s necessary to run the graphics card bought a Pentium D ghz and just found out my computer is not compatible with it I m planning on using - gigs of ram since I have mb but due to the graphics card I have less because it uses the ram as its memory or so I was told I need help on finding out what type of cards processors etc I should get and that are compatible with my system I have a watt power supply if that helps I plan on upgrading that as well to a - if needed and I have windows XP Thank you for your time and help Any suggestions are greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Need help figuring out what is compatible with a K8S-LA motherboard

Lots of manuals here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&product=471644&lang=en

Review here: http://www0.epinions.com/Hewlett_Packard_Compaq_Presario_Sr1520nx_Desktop_Pc_PX801AA

I have a asus K8S-LA (Salmon) motherboardClick to expand...

Actually I think you're better off leaving it stock standard, other wise the front label (on the box) won't be right.
And anyone who downloads drivers for it one day, won't work.

For gaming, it is better to update the entire computer box, to PCI-Express capabilities, and then ofcourse there's ram, and all the rest.

But you can recover some funds by selling this computer stock standard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-what-is-compatible-with-a-k8s-la-motherboard.96920/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

I am unsure to wether the GTX 260 is compatible with my mother board?

My motherboard is MS-7313 (945GCM7-F V2 (3 Audio Ports)

Help on telling me wether it is compatible would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Is Nvidia GTX 260 compatible with my motherboard?

Yes.
Any PCIe graphics card is a fit for your MSI board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-nvidia-gtx-260-compatible-with-my-motherboard.140747/
Relevancy 51.6%

i need a new motherboard and there doesn't seem to be any parts for my specific model.

the model number seems to be V3-572P-36H1 and the first 10 digits of my S/N is [edited for privacy]. THANKS!

A:what motherboard is compatible with the Aspire V15...

Hello, The part number of your motherboard is:Spoiler (Highlight to read)NB.ML811.002MAIN BD.UMA.i3-4030uNB.ML811.002MAIN BD.UMA.i3-4030uYou can check it. You'll find a white sticker near the memory slots. There is a string of characters under the bar code. The first ten is the part number: NBML811002....If you use the preinstalled version of Windows, you have to buy it from your Acer store. About Microsoft OEM:Spoiler (Highlight to read)"Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer?except the motherboard?and still retain the license for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the license of new operating system software is required. If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.The reason for this licensing rule primarily relates to the Microsoft Software License Terms and the support of the software covered by those terms. The Microsoft Software License Terms are a set of usage rights granted to the end user by the PC manufacturer, and relate only to rights for that software as installed on that particular PC. The system builder is required to support the software on the original PC. Understanding that end users, over time, upgrade their PCs with different components, Microsoft needed to have one base component "left standing" that would still define the original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the "heart and soul" of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created. The original system builder did not manufacture this new PC, and therefore cannot be expected to support it.""Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer?except the motherboard?and still retain the license for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the license of new operating system software is required. If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.The reason for this licensing rule primarily relates to the Microsoft Software License Terms and the support of the software covered by those terms. The Microsoft Software License Terms are a set of usage rights granted to the end user by the PC manufacturer, and relate only to rights for that software as installed on that particular PC. The system builder is required to support the software on the original PC. Understanding that end users, over time, upgrade their PCs with different components, Microsoft needed to have one base component "left standing" that would still define the original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the "heart and soul" of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created. The original system builder did not manufacture this new PC, and therefore cannot be expected to support it."

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/what-motherboard-is-compatible-with-the-Aspire-V15-Touch/td-p/427921/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

I m looking to change my motherboard but I need motherboard? a good/compatible Is this one that is decent and will work with a -P CPU -Geforce Ti I know it will Is this a good/compatible motherboard? work with of mobos I just need to be certain Can you tell me if these motherboards are good and would be compatible with my cpu I don t know too much about these things Also how do I know if it is going to be compatible with my current PSU setup This one seems good but what does that whole dual-DDR thing mean And I can t seem to find out if it has onboard audio or not First Mobo And Second Mobo I m already using a MSI so maybe this is abetter choice because it will most likely be compatible for sure Any help would be GREATLY appreciated EDIT I am currently using an MSI Ultra is it a certainty that the new mobo will fit in my case And that my old fan will fit on the new one nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

If a mother board says it's compatible with DDR3 ram does it mean any type? For example PC3-10666 and PC3-12800?

I'm confused because this motherboard is compatible with DDR3 but this RAM doesn't list the motherboard model with compatible types?

A:How to tell what types of RAM a motherboard is compatible with?

If you go directly to (in this example) to Gigabytes support website for the motherboards model, you will see complete memory specs. If you follow the specs you won't have any problems or confusion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-tell-what-types-of-ram-a-motherboard-is-compatible-with.165844/
Relevancy 51.6%

here we are  hello everyone i would like to change my processor ,  my motherboard's manufactured from pegatron corporation  2AB5 and  i cant found any intel about  Which processor is compatible with my motherboard thx for your answers  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Which-processor-is-compatible-with-my-motherboard/td-p/5662840
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey TS I have a GA-N650SLI-DS4L Motherboard and am wondering if it is compatable with windows 7? I am looking to upgrade but would rather not buy a new motherboard as well.

A:Motherboard, Windows 7 Compatible?

Well considering your mobo can handle up to 8 gigs of DDR2 memory and a quad core cpu I would say, yes, your motherboard will easily handle Windows 7.

The issue is what cpu you have now. I wouldn't consider anything less than a dual core that is able to do 64-bit applications. Which brings us to the question are you going with the 32-bit or 64-bit OS? In this day and age 64-bit is the smart play. If so, make sure you have 4 gigs of RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-windows-7-compatible.141905/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all, how are you?

Anyway, i have this rather old but reliable Motherboard.

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM2 - GA-MA69VM-S2 (rev. 1.0)

I know that it wont pick up a full 3tb HDD. but would it recognise it all in partitions?

eg: 3 Partitions of 1TB each. or 2 partitions of 1.5 tb.

Thank you for your help.

A:IS this Motherboard compatible with 3tb drives.

My guess (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) is that, although the OS is capable of recognising large capacity drives, it will only recognise up to the maximum size that the BIOS can deal with.

There are three main ways round this issue. Firstly, don't use drives that are larger than can be recognised by the BIOS. Secondly, use an interface card that is capable of recognising the full disk capacity. Thirdly (and the most risky) is to see if there is a BIOS update from the motherboard manufacturer that addresses this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235869-motherboard-compatible-3tb-drives.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone. I am looking in to buying a new motherboard for my old computer because the motherboard quit working on it and I am going to give it to my best friend once I have it fixed. However, I don't know how to tell if this motherboard is compatible with my old computer or not. I have an old Windows XP Professional computer with 512 MB of RAM. Can you tell me if this motherboard would be compatible?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153119

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188025 that I'm trying to put in a Dell Studio XPS 9100/435 case. The MB light comes on and the case power button light comes on. When i press the button, nothing happens (fans don't turn). I have one extra 2pin connector that has a red & white wire and I'm unable to tell where it goes on the MB. Is this MB compatible with this case?

Thanks for the help!

A:Motherboard / case compatible?

Dell stuff is proprietary ie made to dell's specs and NOT industry standard specs. While you can sometimes get a standard type mb to fit a dell case, you usually have to do at least some engineering to make it work.

In short if you are going to use a standard mb [which you may have already fried by attempting to use a dell case] get a regular atx type case.

At this point, I would pull the board out of the case and attempt an out of the case build to see if you damaged the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-case-compatible.1083691/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys i'm wanting to buy the new WD Caviar Black 640GB with 64mb of cache.

i can't seem to bring up the right drive, but here's a similar one with 1tb of space:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?DriveID=792

my mboard is from 2005 so i don't know if it will support this drive.

here's my mboard:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=DzbA8hgqchMBOVRz

http://www10.dealtime.com/xPF-ASUS-...-4DDR-Aud-GbE-PCI-Ex16-PCI-Ex3-PCIx3-ATX-SATA

does anyone know what other upgrades i can get for the mboard?

Relevancy 51.6%

I was planning on using the lowest i5 processor but because of the refresh I lost the older ones.
The ones that are available are:
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4570S (2.9GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core

A:What CPU's are compatible with the MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Code:
Core i7 [ 4771,4770T,4770S,4770K,4770,4765T ]
Core i5 [ 4670T,4670S,4670K,4670,4570T,4570S,4570,4440S,4440,4430S,4430 ]
Core i3 [ 4340,4330T,4330,4130T,4130 ]
Pentium [ G3430,G3420T,G3420,G3220T,G3220 ]
Xeon [ E3-1240V3,E3-1230V3,E3-1220LV3 ]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpus-are-compatible-with-the-msi-b85-g43-gaming-motherboard.202560/
Relevancy 51.6%

Will a MSI K9N Neo-f nforce board work with the 8800 and its two pci connectors and pci 16x slot with no trouble? Sorry cant give direct links using Nintendo Wii

A:Motherboard compatible with 8800gts?

It will hold it. Just look at your power supply. It needs to be rated with enough amperage on the +12v rails and have a PCI-e connector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-compatible-with-8800gts.545665/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've got a blown motherboard on an emachine T4170. Turn it on power supply comes up and that is it. I read in one of the post that I will have a better chance of maintaining my ability to load from the recover disk, including the OS, if I replace it with a compatible replacement motherboard.
Where can I find out which motherboards are "compatible replacements". I want to get some pricing to determine if it is worth it to do this repair.

A:Compatible replacment motherboard

If you get the same make/model motherboard you shouldn't have problems. Sometimes if you use a similar(similar features, chipset,etc) motherboard it also could work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-replacment-motherboard.28931/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Asus S96S laptop which has the the faulty Nvidia 8600M GS chip. It's still working with terrible graphical problem because the GPU died. I really want to get a motherboard compatible with my T7300 cpu, but i got no luck googling it. Can anyone offer some help on finding such motherboard? I prefer some mobo which does not have the Nvidia chip. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-compatible-with-t7300.870477/
Relevancy 51.6%

I currently have this RAM in my PC with the AsRock Z68 Pro-3 M and I would like to upgrade my motherboard to the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3. I was wondering if my RAM (linked below) would be compatible with this motherboard.
Mr memory: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222
Thanks in advance, James.

A:Is this memory compatible with my motherboard?

If you go to the manufacturers site and look up the motherboard there should be a list available to view or download for compatible RAM, you can check it there.

Unfortunately the compatability lists only include RAM they have tested so even if it is not in the list it may still be ok. Thing to do is try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-memory-compatible-with-my-motherboard.1050200/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I bought a new Asus X M notebook laptop for my partner The driver on find W7? my How Asus WDDM running X453M for compatible to shop installed upon our request W Ultimate but it was a terrible amateurish mess including tons of spyware browser hijack etc Cleaning up the mess with various antivirus tools seemed finally successful - but it was NOT Complete clean How to find WDDM compatible driver for my Asus X453M running on W7? reinstall was necessary Before doing so I found out that this Asus model is preset for Windows How to find WDDM compatible driver for my Asus X453M running on W7? and BIOS-changes were necessary before installing W I followed the instructions then installed W successfully After that lots of W -related drivers had to be downloaded which I found on a website dealing with this Asus model Most of all these steps were eventually successfully completed But there is ONE thing I cannot get done The W Aero glass look does not work and the task bar color cannot be changed in 'personalize' Troubleshooting says my video card can support the Aero feature but I need to install a WDDM compatible driver for it But whatever I tried I cannot find such driver Anyone If you reply keep in mind I am not a computer expert at all Every new step has a huge learning curve So please be simple - Thanks greetings Wim

A:How to find WDDM compatible driver for my Asus X453M running on W7?

Status Bar ? What are you talking about ?

Did you download and install the proper video driver from Asus ?

Did you run windows update ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/366925-how-find-wddm-compatible-driver-my-asus-x453m-running-w7.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm getting a new Asus P4PE/GL 854PE motherboard and wanted to know if my Leadtek Winfast mmx440 Gforce 4 card will run on it. I know that the Asus only accepts 1.5 volts agp slot. What voltage is my gforce card? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leadtek-gforce4-mmx440-compatible-with-asus-p4pe-mobo.3772/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am looking for something to run 2x DVI and HDMI TV all at the same time. Can 6870 do that? I currently have HD5570 and it can only do 2 monitors at a time.

Also is $80 decent for a **USED** 6870 or is there something better that I should be looking at for $80 to run 3 displays?

If there is something better, I would like to make sure there IS a fan. Not interested in fanless.

(EDIT: Seems theres a couple different versions of the 6870, this is the version I am looking at Radeon HD 6870 Video Card | system components | St. Catharines | Kijiji)

A:Is Radeon HD 6870 Video Card compatible w/ ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MB?

As long as you have a PCI-E x16 Slot in that motherboard (In which case it does), then it will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386910-radeon-hd-6870-video-card-compatible-w-asus-p5q-pro-turbo-mb.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Apparently this issue has been mentioned here previously See Asus EEE PC H Card Reader Driver Generally I am not concerned with my SD card reader as the OP of the above thread was yet I am concerned regarding the need for appropriate drivers So far the Win install behaves well with the lone exception of an odd display of two rows of ASUS 1000H 32-bit Compatible Install: PC Drivers? Eee Win7 Clean four tabs of Chrome when I attempted to return to my Win7 32-bit Clean Install: Compatible ASUS Eee PC 1000H Drivers? browsers home page yesterday Win7 32-bit Clean Install: Compatible ASUS Eee PC 1000H Drivers? following the install Every use of Chrome since this lone bad example has been fine The Intel chipset driver was upgraded after the install was completed I did not activate my Win during install so I have days to do so My WEI is in view of the Atom N but the response of the OS is good because I coupled the Win with a Samsung PRO Gb SSD I contacted ASUS regarding use and compatibility of the XP drivers that remain available for the H but this sounds like a lost cause Any advise

A:Win7 32-bit Clean Install: Compatible ASUS Eee PC 1000H Drivers?

Did you complete all Window 7 Updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/351793-win7-32-bit-clean-install-compatible-asus-eee-pc-1000h-drivers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone I have a rig I built and a half years ago that I m trying to upgrade piece by piece which includes the following hardware - AMD x ghz - gb ddr ram - ATI Radeon x xt mb - a r MVP-deluxe motherboard - w cooler master power supply I obviously need to upgrade this system to play some decent games and for D animation and I wanted to upgrade my videocard specifically I was looking at the radeon as it has some pretty good specs and isn t too expensive I will upgrade my mobo and everything good a8r32 compatible Asus cards? MVP-deluxe, video any later but I can t until I allocate more funds Would a be compatible with my mobo it would only be temporary I already ordered a new power supply w for decent power I just want to get rid of this x xt as it overheats like crazy and causes artifacts constantly What Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards? would you recommend i do My next mobo will be good and i want to upgrade to a quad core phenom or maybe an i I m on the fence when it comes to processors Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards?

Any PCI-e x16 video card will work... Your motherboard can accommodate 2 of these video cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8r32-mvp-deluxe-any-good-compatible-video-cards.158852/
Relevancy 51.6%

Is an Asus P5P800 mobo compatible with XFX 6600 ge Force 256 mb video card? If not can anyone tell me me what are the compatible brands for asus p5p800? I appreciate all the help & advice.

Thanx!

A:is Asus P5P800 compatible with an XFX 6600 256mb video card?

According to the ASUS site, the P5P800 has an AGP slot. A 6600 is fine as long as it's an AGP model and not PCI-e.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-asus-p5p800-compatible-with-an-xfx-6600-256mb-video-card.42869/
Relevancy 51.17%

My desktop computer's motherboard just died (had it confirmed by qualified tech people.) The computer was about four years old. It was a standard machine running XP home.

I am going to put together a new system, but someone mentioned that the new motherboards might not accept my old hard drive as the primary drive, which is a WD 40G drive. I can't believe this is true; won't a new motherboard just recognize it? That would save me the huge hassle of reinstalling everything....(as far as data, etc, I'm well backed-up in any case.)

Can anyone advise me on this?

thanks,
BJ

Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Asus P5N-D Motherboard and a GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, but when I connect my monitor i get no signal. Do i need to use a different video card until i set up the O/S and the driver for the GeForce GTX 260 Video Card.

A:Is my graphics card compatible with my motherboard?

Do you have this board? If so, then the card should run just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-compatible-with-my-motherboard.136065/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys, I just bought a dell vostro 400MT with an E4600 processor and I want to upgrade it to a Q9450 or Q9300 maybe at the end of the year, when the next round of price cuts hit. Does anyone know if the mobo is compatible with the quad cores? Thanks in advance.

A:Is Dell motherboard compatible with Q9450?

I would say, yes. I downloaded the Dell Vostro manual from here: Dell and went to the Intel website to check the quad core processors here: Intel

Compare for yourself and I think you'll come the same conclusion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-dell-motherboard-compatible-with-q9450.108663/
Relevancy 51.17%

My motherboard is an ASUS P468X (older... 2003+/- I believe) and I would like to find out if anyone knows if it will support AGP8X or AGP4X . My VID card right now is an ASUS V6600. I tried the ASUS website but nothing came up.

Any comments? Thank you for your help!

A:ATI Radeon 9550 Compatible with Motherboard?

Your motherboard has AGP 8x, it should work with that card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-9550-compatible-with-motherboard.708061/
Relevancy 51.17%

Is the XFX Radeon 7970 video card compatible with a an Asus P9Z68-V LE motherboard? I'm rather confused with Crossfire and SLI, is it Crossfire allows multiple Radeon video cards and SLI allows multiple NVidia video cards?

A:Is this video card compatible with this motherboard?

Yes, the card is compatible with the mobo.

Your Crossfire and SLI understanding is correct. However, it extends to GPU's, not just 'cards'. Cards like HD7990 and GTX690 use Crossfire/SLI internally as they have two GPU's on one card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-this-motherboard.193002/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I'm using an 755 SFF now and the system is operating wll. However the adding of a better grafic card is problematic cause of the limited space.

Now I'm thinking of finden a (evt. defect Mini Tower model) and put the motherboard, HDrive of the 755 SFF into the larger Mini Tower case and buy a better grafics card.

Are the components compatible?
thanks

A:Motherboard etc. 755 SFF compatible with the Mini Tower?

Hello, HEINFLHS
Yes everything would work well however from what I know your motherboard is smaller it will go in to the chassis though none of the expansion slots will align with the chassis slots as your motherboard as smaller than the chassis. I suggest you pick up a 755 MT motherboard for full compatibility and by the way these are like $50 or maybe less and you could just put all your current hardware on it (cpu, ram ,hard drive cable, etc) with no capability issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19682566