Windows Support Forum

NAS RAID failure - recovery?

Q: NAS RAID failure - recovery?

Good morning everyone I don t have much experience or knowledge in the world of RAID arrays and I recently had a power surge that burned my NAS I have an Intel SS -E NAS box with TB drives set up in a RAID- It was running fine and having experienced a drive failure event due to my careless handling of the power cord failure RAID - NAS recovery? proved to me its ability to rebuild a drive from the other three Unfortunately a recent power surge literally burned the box I ve taken it in to get analyzed by some HDD repair amp recovery people but I have no frame of reference NAS RAID failure - recovery? for this Story is thus NAS RAID failure - recovery? After the surge I was able to login to the dashboard app of the box via my network It reported all drives as failed and provided no further information The repair guy is saying that of the drives are fine while the other have electronic mechanical failures in addition the RAID chip on the NAS box was fried Those three things have to be repaired in order to even begin drive rebuilding His quote for repair amp recovery was in the vicinity of My first question is whether or not this is a reasonable price My second pertains to the Parity structure of the RAID setup Because the system can lose out of drives and still retain data integrity is it possible to only repair one of my failed drives and rebuild with those three I m thinking that would bring the cost down And realistically what percentage of data am I likely to recover I d appreciate some help on this as I m completely in the dark about all of this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NAS RAID failure - recovery?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NAS RAID failure - recovery?

one hd is the parity drive; if it's gone - - so are you. sorry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-raid-failure-recovery.148362/
Relevancy 72.67%

One of my HDs in my Raid 0 failed and now I'm trying to recover any data possible from it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

A:Recovery from Raid 0 failure

Be advised that data-recovery services generally charge per KB of data recovered. Also depending on WHAT kind of failure you have had... it COULD be almost impossible to recover.

You're looking at about $1500 (sometimes up to $5000) for data recovery. And RAID 0 is about the WORSE you can do. It's not even a "true" RAID since there is no "redundancy" involved - but it is called "0" for a reason.

If you don't have the money or the data is not worth thousands of dollars.... then its time to buy 2 320mb Maxtor or Seagate drives and set them up as RAID-1. if a drive fails, your data *IS* intact. You can even boot into Windows and use the system as normal until you replace the FAILED drive... RAID 1 is a bit slower than a single drive. A Performance RAID with protection is RAID-5... with does work best with 4 drives or more. I've built servers with such configs. Usually with a $150~500 SCSI RAID controller... and 15,000RPM Seagate Cheetas.

Sorry - but that's about all there is for this situation.

Use RAID 1... and warn others.

Here is a good article on RAID: http://techreport.com/reviews/2002q4/ideraid/index.x?pg=1

note: the article above is a bit out-dated as today's SATA-RAIDs come close to yesterday's SCSI drives... but the latest SCSI totally murder SATA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-from-raid-0-failure.551564/
Relevancy 52.03%

My mom's PC didnt want to start up earlier today, so i looked up what may have caused it, and i came across a page that said that a boot failure along with beeping (which it was doing) could be the RAM, and just re-set it, so i did and it booted fine, it got to the desktop and shutdown and said the /system32/config file was missing or corrupt, i attempted to do a standard PC recovery and i got:

\minint\system32\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. Error Code 18

Im looking around online now on what to do, my mom really doesnt want to have to format her entire PC, so if there is a way to fix this without having to do so, would be great...if its the only option, ill do the format.

A:Windows Xp Boot Failure/recovery Failure

Try booting from your XP CD into the recovery console and run the system file checker (sfc /scannow).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90719/windows-xp-boot-failurerecovery-failure/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have(had) a raid 0 setup with two WD 200GB SE's. I boot up the other day to find out one of them is faulty. Please keep the back up flames down to a dull roar. I know I may have lost everything, but I don't feel like giving in so easily. Is there anything I could do to try to recover the data, how would you guys go about trying to salvage the unsalvagable? You suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A:RAID 0 Failure

You have a stripe over 2 disks, and now you have lost 1 disk, and you have no backup?

I don't fancy your chances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-failure.14076/
Relevancy 51.6%

HP m n HP direct info http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp cc us amp dlc en Possible RAID failure. HDD amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN Windows XP Media Center assumed patch but unknown x GB SATA HDDs in an unknown RAID configuration The computer is - years old This computer has recently stopped working properly Windows freezes up shortly after booting I tried using the windows XP CD to recover the data but it said something along the lines of HDD failure and gave me the following error Stop x b xf d xc x x I then attempted logging into windows recovery in safe modem and attempted Windows Recovery from a previous working date from two weeks ago It gave me the message that an attempt to write ove read-over memory failed refering to win k sys I didn t take note of the following error code I then just attempted to start windows normally but I got the Possible HDD RAID failure. same error with code x BE xBF x xB D BA x C Win k sys -address BF base at BF If you need any more information Possible HDD RAID failure. I d attempt to collect it The computer is currently running from a Ubuntu LIVE CD The computer also is not my own I can assume it s some type of HDD failure due to the age and use of no-name HDDs in RAID I don t know what informatio is stored on the HDDs so I don t intend to reformat unless needed I simply want to upgrade to Vista but I don t have a license to do this with at the moment and I d rather stay legit on a computer I don t own I can t get any information from the owner of the computer because she is currently hospitialized nbsp

A:Possible HDD RAID failure.

Did you hit F6 and use the RAID drivers when booting the XP CD? XP won't recognize the SATA drives in a RAID configuration by itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-hdd-raid-failure.819391/
Relevancy 51.6%

Here I stand before you awaiting chastisement for being a very thilly thothidge My RAID stripe has failed It was'nt meant to do that and no I 0 Failure RAID did not RAID 0 Failure back up all the important information gig of programs apps and irreplaceable downloads collected over the past months The pop-up menu reports such failure and as this was Intel Matrix Raid I am wondering if it is possible to rebuild the stripe There is no option in the menu to do this so does anyone have any clue as to how this may be achieved Feel absolutely free to give me a verbal 'butt kicking' as this stupidity deserves nothing less My Specs Asus P P- E Deluxe mb x mb Geil PC DDR Ram x Maxtor gig SATA drives y m nVidia fx xt gpu watt Antec True Power psu ghz P ghz Northwood If I can not rebuild the array RAID will not be reinstalled ever again or until such time as I have some external HDD for backup Either that or developing better housekeeping habits ie burning important info to CD So embarrassing Jon

A:RAID 0 Failure

One of the marvels of raid 0 when ones goes there both gone.
Most people misunder stand Raid and forget you still need to backup.
Do not feel lonely you are not the only one that is sitting in this postition.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-0-failure-77845.html
Relevancy 51.6%

First of all I did not Please I Help! nothing and know failure 0 RAID back up important data I am dumb I know this I have learned a lesson Now This is whats up I have a RAID configuration and one of the drives isn t working I did the recovery console chkdsk r it said one or Please Help! RAID 0 failure and I know nothing more areas are unrecoverable Then I did chkdsk p and it said the same The biggest worry is can I recover the striped data It seems as if the drive malfunctioned but my data is still there right What can I do to get the data back What am I looking at for cost Are music photos videos particularly the wedding videos my wife is freaking about worth the effort to try and recover this info Any advice would be appreciated Please don t tell me what I have already learned which is don t be lazy and not back up data I should note THis all started from the big blue screen that said Unmountable Boot Volume nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-raid-0-failure-and-i-know-nothing.38123/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently ran into a bit of trouble involving my Raid Drives Raid 0 Failure I have three hard-drives with GB drives Raid 0 Failure in a Raid array However after a restart the computer showed this during start-up Controller Bus Device F Function Ports Devices Port- Hard Disk ------------------------- lt Drive is controlled by the RAID BIOS gt Port- Hard Disk ------------------------- lt Drive is controlled by the RAID BIOS gt Port- No Device Detected Port- CDROM PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- Port- No Device Detected Port- No Device Detected Under the Intel Matrix Storage Manager It listed my RAID array as failed Name Level Strip Size Status Bootable Volume RAID Stripe KB GB Failed No and only listed two of my hard drives with green text You can see it does detect my missing drive but doesn t recognise it on Port- I checked the wiring and everyone works except for the missing drive After that either the window logo loads OR it gets to the safe mode selection resulting in a BSOD x B - xF E xc ------------- I tried going around in the BIOS and tweaking the settings and I only managed to startup with my backup drive on IDE However it still crashes on RAID mode even when I disconnected the other two drives Whilst I know that a Raid failure usually means all the data is unsalvageable but this happened after someone tried to wreck my desktop by uninstalling a few drivers This fits with the BSOD error code I was considering deleting and recreating my Raid array but it wouldn t solve the missing disk problem I want to ask if the Raid failure is due to one of the hard drives failing or corrupted or the result of the drivers being uninstalled If so is it possible to fix this Luckily I use my laptop when I go around so most of my data is backed up But it would be nice if I could get my hard drives working again Thanks alot if you can help nbsp

A:Raid 0 Failure

The issue is likely a corrupt partition table(PT) in the missing drive.

RAID-x creates its own PT and when corrupted, the drive is not accessible.

The first thing you will need to do is to reinstall the OS, which means reformatting.
Be sure to NOT USE the quick format method -- you need the entire disk to be low-level
formatting -- might as well do ALL the drives as you don't want to do this very often (or ever again).

Load the RAID drivers, but do not use RAID for the boot volume, just for the two data drives.

Now reinstall the OS and then deal with the initialization of the two other drives and recovering your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-failure.146654/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Failure RAID 10 I ve been running a RAID 10 Failure RAID array for over a year with no problems days ago I replaced my RAID 10 Failure Sapphire pro video card RAID 10 Failure with a Diamond HD card days later my RAID failed giving me an error message quot A RAID volume is degraded because of failed hard drives quot No data was lost I assumed that I had let some dust into the machine while changing the video cards so I replaced the offending drive The drive was rebuilt and worked well for day then gave me the same error message again involving the same Port number the exact same drive location Could it be something to do with the new video card e g extra heat I have chassis fans and the system CPU temp is never over degrees The involved drives weren t the closest ones to the new video card either I heard that the Intel Matrix Storage console has had problems with Vista and I recently upgraded to XP Pro SP - could this have been an issue I upgraded the drivers from my MB and the Intel Matrix Storage console to their latest version Thanks in advance Eli System Information Kit Installed Kit Install History Shell Version OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Version Service Pack Build System Name C D System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC System Model P W DH Deluxe Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc Language ENU Intel R RAID Technology Intel RAID Controller Intel R GR GH SATA RAID Controller Number of Serial ATA ports RAID Option ROM Version Driver Version RAID Plug-In Version Language Resource Version of the RAID Plug-In Create Volume Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Create Volume Wizard Create Volume from Existing Hard Drive Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Create Volume from Existing Hard Drive Wizard Modify Volume Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Modify Volume Wizard Delete Volume Wizard Version Language Resource Version of the Delete Volume Wizard ISDI Library Version Event Monitor User Notification Tool Version Language Resource Version of the Event Monitor User Notification Tool Event Monitor Version Array Status No active migration s Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Free Space GB Number of Hard Drives Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD AAKS- VSA Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Raid Status Degraded System Volume Yes Volume Write-Back Cache Enabled No RAID Level RAID striping and mirroring Strip Size KB Size GB Number of Hard Drives Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD AAKS- VSA Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Hard Drive Member WDC WD KS- MJB Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Normal Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD KS- MJB Serial Number WD-WCANK Firmware C Native Command Queuing Support No Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Failed Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD AAKS- VSA Serial Number WD-WMART Firmware B Native Command Queuing Support Yes Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Normal Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD KS- MJB Serial Number WD-WCANK Firmware C Native Command Queuing Support No Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array Array Hard Drive Usage Array member Status Normal Device Port Device Port Location Internal Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode Generation Model WDC WD KS- MJB Serial Number WD-WCANK Firmware C Native Command Queuing Support No Hard Drive Write Cache Enabled Yes Size GB Number of Volumes Volume Member Raid Parent Array ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-10-failure.715814/
Relevancy 50.74%

Since the first day I got my computer Alienware Area- I had issues with it and in the past year the problem has only been evolving its way around all my efforts My computer randomly Failure Raid Access freezes and I am forced to Raid Access Failure do a cold boot This will happen around once a month When I do the cold boot windows Xp will not boot Raid Access Failure stays at the windows is loading screen or it will freeze seconds after I log in Despite changing my motherboard and ram advised by Alienware the problem still occurs Now even when the computer runs there are times when on the bottom right of the screen pops up quot Raid Access Failure Access Failure Critical error on disk Samsung SP C Port SATA quot Sometimes it doesnt do anything sometimes it freezes the computer I ran a chkdsk r and the computer ran for mins constantly spammed by the raid error pop ups and froze I am starting to feel that the problem is one of my harddrives but a few months ago I broke the array and ran checks on each drive and they had no problems I am running out of ideas please help nbsp

A:Raid Access Failure

The Raid controller itself may be faulty or its driver.

Do you have the latest firmware/driver installed?

Have you tried to replace the cables?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-access-failure.676705/
Relevancy 50.74%

I m having a problem with a potentially failing RAID array and or disk drives Two weeks ago I was burning a DVD from files on the RAID array when the burn failed with a data read error The array subsequently displayed array RAID failure? the following characteristics Event Viewer showed a The device fasttrack did not respond within the timeout period error followed by a thousand simultaneous errors that said An error was detected on device harddisk during a paging operation The RAID drive and all directories were viewable in Windows Explorer No files within those directories could be read or written however and switching to thumbnail view would not show thumbs of images of any size The Disk Manager within Computer Management would not detect the RAID array After rebooting the array works as usual It has again failed during another DVD burning operation just today and again works after a reboot My configuration Athlon Gigabyte GA- VAXP Via onboard Promise RAID controller Win I have many drives in the system but only two in RAID They are IBM GB GXPs in RAID- Windows is on a non-RAID GB drive The system runs with something like uptime since when I bought it My questions How can I test the integrity RAID array failure? of an onboard RAID controller Is there an equivalent to SMART How can I test the two drives connected to the array Windows SMART utilities do not recognize the array as SMART-aware and because it initializes after the regular BIOS I can t check it before Windows boots Thank you for any help you can offer nbsp

A:RAID array failure?

Well, the best advice I can offer is to do a backup of any data on the RAID drives right now!

If you want to test the drives independently, you'll need to use the disk manufacturer's utility and configure the RAID controller to allow the drives to be used in a non-RAID environment. Obviously, this is best done when you have proper backups of what's on the drives!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-array-failure.428799/
Relevancy 50.74%

Asus A8V-E Deluxe motherboard recently failed - installed 2nd hand replacement (identical board) and fired up.

Windows XP Pro SP2 now states "disk boot failure insert system disk & press enter".

Booted from "Ultimate Boot CD" which recognized all partitions C: to H: (2 x WD Sata drives in Raid 0 array) and seperate WD IDE drive.

Dumped precious data files to NAS - (brilliant product UBCD - even set up networking without touching drives) and I'm now ready to play.

Is it possible to get Windows running again without reinstalling ? If so ... how ?

Thanks for any advice

Mav_walrus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-boot-failure-229755.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My system crashed on bootup. I was booting off my RAID. All 3 disks say error. When I try to install Windows 7 and repair it won't let me load the nvidia drivers. The nvidia drivers are .exe installations. Does anyone know where I can download the normal nvidia drivers to install?

A:Windows 7 with Raid Failure

Maybe it's a hardware problem. Make sure all the connections are snug.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/104875-windows-7-raid-failure.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys I was working on my PC when it has frozen so my RAID How failure? 0 recover from to only option was hard shut down after that my RAID disk array stopped working Now not only it doesn t work but my MB K N SLI fails to recognize even single drives when array is turned off on every SATA port except one So I though my only option is to connect my drives to another PC and try to recover my data that way I m searching the web and trying different approaches for days now It s nvidia quot fake raid quot I know I shouldn t have used it in a first place and software that I tried to recover it with is Diskinternals Raid- -raid and Diskinternals Raid Recovery Both recognize the stripe array but I do not see how I can recover any data from it It also reports some problems Here is log output Code Enumerating volumes WDC How to recover from RAID 0 failure? WD AAKS- A B Partition C Partition D Partition Partition Partition Partition Partition Partition Partition Hdd How to recover from RAID 0 failure? Serial number WD-WCASY Enumerating volumes WDC WD AALS- L B Partition Read Error The drive cannot find the sector requested Disk Sector Size bytes Partition Hdd Serial number WD-WMASY Enumerating volumes WDC WD AALS- L B Wrong block signature Magic Partition Hdd Serial number WD-WMASY Total time nVidia detect CheckSum Error nVidia detect CheckSum Error Create Raid params Name STRIPE T Type Stripe Base DiskCount SizeInSector SectorSize StripeSize Disk D Start Size Disk A Start Size Enumerating volumes STRIPE T Stripe RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition RaidDevice Open Storage already open Partition STRIPE T raid storage TRaidDevice Open norm Create Raid params Name STRIPE T Type Stripe Base DiskCount SizeInSector SectorSize StripeSize Disk D Start Size Disk A Start Size Create Raid params Name STRIPE T Type Stripe Base DiskCount SizeInSector SectorSize StripeSize Disk D Start Size Disk A Start Size WDC WD AAKS- A B WDC WD AALS- L B WDC WD AALS- L B STRIPE T Stripe The filesystem is ext and linux swap for two partitions on the raid It there any way to diagnose the problem and try to fix it I also do not have enough free space to de-stripe it into image Is there any way to mount it Maybe under Linux too but I would have to set raid parameters manually or autodetect from HDD because the current MB doesn t support sw raid and both drives are connected as single ones Thanks nbsp

A:How to recover from RAID 0 failure?

RAID-0 is a nightmare in the situation. *IF* you had a backup the solution would be

install new HD (one or more)
create the array
restore the backup
As is, you might send the HDs to a commercial Data Recovery company and hand them your checking book, but short of that, I think you're S.O.L. (* Out of Luck)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-recover-from-raid-0-failure.131446/
Relevancy 50.74%

Dear all

My question is that if i configure Raid 5 with 3 hard drives and if 2 of them fails
will it be possible to recover data Thanks.

A:Drives failure in Raid 5

Only if you have a backup. You cannot recover from HDD. If you add a 4th drive, and use one as a hot spare (if your system permits it), you can lose 2 drives and still be able to recover ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drives-failure-in-raid-5.1043528/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, I recently moved, had my PC boxed for about 2 weeks and didn't use it at all during this time. The PC worked great before and now after I set it up again it takes ages to start, I keep getting some RAID Access Failure issue and everything is extremely slow after this happens. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I'm using Windows Vista 32bit

Here is a picture of the error:

A:RAID Access Failure?

Some SATA cables can become loose easily, and the move makes this a possibility.
Open the case and check all your connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-access-failure.776925/
Relevancy 50.74%

Need help badly I have a Dell Dimension desktop running Windows XP with one GB RAID hard drive that is also my boot drive I turned it on the other day and got a blue screen at What now? DISK - RAID 0 to FAILURE do the bottom of which it said quot Dumping physical memory quot Everything happened very quickly and the next thing I know the computer had restarted Now all I get is the Dell screen followed by an Intel Accelerator black screen that displays the RAID status as FAILED Beneath that it lists hard drives as GB each and below that is a amp No Boot Disk amp message I don amp t want to spend RAID 0 DISK FAILURE - What to do now? for a RAID 0 DISK FAILURE - What to do now? data recovery service so my questions are what are the possible causes is this something I can diagnose and fix on my own what resources are there to help RAID 0 DISK FAILURE - What to do now? books on-line manuals etc is extra software required how do I even access the hard drive if it was also my boot drive and contains all of my software I amp m not exactly sure where to even start with this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-disk-failure-what-to-do-now.672147/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I have posted about this problem before on this forum but unfortunately Failure. Raid Help! Access I was never able to solve it but just patch it up for a month or two at a time and now it has gotten even worse Since the first day I got my computer Alienware Area- I had issues with it and in the Raid Access Failure. Help! past year the problem has only been evolving its way around all my efforts My computer randomly freezes and I am forced to do a cold boot This will happen around once a month When I do the cold boot windows Xp will not boot stays at the windows is loading screen or it will freeze seconds after Raid Access Failure. Help! I log in Despite changing my motherboard and ram advised by Alienware the problem still occurs Now even when the computer runs there are times when on the bottom right of the screen pops up quot Raid Access Failure Access Failure Critical error on disk Samsung SP C Port SATA quot Sometimes it doesnt do anything sometimes it freezes the computer I ran a chkdsk r and the computer ran for mins constantly spammed by the raid error pop ups and froze I am starting to feel that the problem is one of my harddrives but a few months ago I broke the array and ran checks on each drive and they had no problems I am running out of ideas please help

A:Raid Access Failure. Help!

Well, the highest probability here is to take your computer at it's word. There is an issue with one of the hard drives, or at least the computer THINKS there is an issue with one of the hard drives. You should run tests on each of them to test. If they pass the tests, then replace the cables. I have been driven nuts before with a computer that had a similar issue, I kept looking at the hard drives, ram, etc, and all the while the issue was with a bad SATA cable. So replace the cables. Also be sure the RAM is ok. And finally, it could be a motherboard issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128026/raid-access-failure-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sorry this is a long post but I have been trying to fix this probelm for weeks and have been repeatedly thwarted My original computer setup is a Shuttle AN R Motherboard A and SATA Seagate harddrives in a Raid array About two or three weeks failure? raid-0 SATA ago I was trying to plug a USB cable SATA raid-0 failure? into the back of the computer when it suddenly turned off No big deal maybe something got bumped and shut off I repeatedly tried to turn it back on and would get motherboard lights and the whirring of fans SATA raid-0 failure? but no POST beep or VGA display I swapped graphics cards and power supplies and still the motherboard wouldn t POST I figured my motherboard had died on me so I bought a K VXSE replacement motherboard I got home unpacked the motherboard plugged in my drives and booted it up The VIA SATA raid driver on the card was recognizing my two drives but not the Raid SATA raid-0 failure? array they were in Ok I guess It looks like I am going to need a raid controller made by Silicon Images like my last one so off to Newegg I go A few days later I have my new PCI SATA raid controller I plug it in boot up the computer and lo and behold not only does it recognize my drives but also the Raid Striping array that they are in I go into the bios select the striped array as my boot device save and restart the computer Upon booting I am getting Boot Media Failures I attribute this to Newegg sending me a card with the Sil controller rather than the Sil controller on my old motherboard However this thought is denied when checking the Silicon Images website where it says users of can easily migrate to Not wanting to deal with this any longer I return the VIA board and scour the internet to find my same old motherboard After finally finding a place that had one left in stock I immediatly order it and began waiting for it s arrival Now here I sit with an identical motherboard as my old one and my two raid drives After plugging in all the neccesary components I enter the BIOS and select SCSI as my primary boot device As the computer boots I see my raid controller is again showing both of my drives in a striped Raid array After the memory test I get the same message quot Book Media Failure Insert system disk and press enter to try again quot I also was getting a PXE- error but disabled the onboard LAN in the BIOS and that went away So basically what I m wondering is what my next step should be I would really like to be able to recover the data that is on those two drives Is there anything anyone would suggest to get these drives bootable I have thought I could boot to a bootable linux cd or possibly install Windows on an IDE drive and see if I can access the drives in windows Does it sound like these drives are just dead If there are any diagnostics I should run or if you have any suggestions at all please let me know as it would be be really appreciated Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help in advance Kelly nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell powervault 725 NAS server using a 4 drive raid array. I dropped a drive this morning. I have several questions.
1) Is there any way to disable the audible alarm while fixing the drive.
2) I put the new drive in and it does not seem to be rebuilding, how can I tell for sure.
3) I attempted to go into NAS Manager to try to do the process manually and I cannot get in. I get page not found when entering the server name or ip address. Do I have to do something to actually start NAS Manager running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-drive-failure.687957/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to help a neighbor out. He has a brand new Dell computer running XP Home. It came with a 2nd raid drive. Now the machine won't boot because the 2nd drive has failed. Dell is sending him a new one. However Dell has requested that he pay them $300 to tell him how to get his data off the first drive.

1. Shouldn't he be able to boot without the mirrored disc not working?
2. Once he gets the second disc replaced shouldn't everything be fine?
3. Why does Dell try to extort money from good new customers?

Thanks,
Don

A:Dell Raid Problem/Failure

It depends on the raid level. I think if it is just raid 0 (Data striped across two drives) for speed then he has lost everything and might as well start over. So is he running mirrored or raid 0?

http://www.twincom.com/raid.html
So whats the model of the Dell system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-raid-problem-failure.425623/
Relevancy 50.31%

I can not find my original forum posts so here is a continuation regarding my computer problem After running Windows for RAID drive failure hard about one RAID hard drive failure week one of my hard drives has an error saying that port has degraded Is there something wrong with MAXTOR GB RAM SATA hard drives I bought of these from newegg for two of my RAID computers now hard drives have errors I bought new Western Digital for one computer and they are working great Do you think it is still RAID hard drive failure a memory problem or do I need to purchase two more Western Digital hard drives ADDITION The first time it failed I replaced port hard drive with a new Maxtor hard drive and is was approximately one week later it failed also I just had the RAM fixed by Kingston Technology Below is my original forum posts I have reformatted my computer and when I try to install Windows XP Prow I get to the part to agree or disagree to there license agreement F or disagree Esc and F does not work just Esc works Why does this happen I tried using a new keyboard and this did not help Thanks for your swift reply This computer and everything in it is fairly new RAID hard drive failure and the Windows CD appears to have nothing wrong with it I have DVD drives and both have the same results There is no flicking between options regarding this install it is either F or Esc I just thought of another thing my motherboard is a RAID system and requires an addition of a program on a floppy drive to install Does anyone know of the correct one to install here I have the one that comes from the manufacturer but when I use it the program stops and says that it can not find my hard drive and when I use the one I downloaded off the internet it has this F error Here is a good question since most new computers do not come with a floppy drive how can they install things like this without a floppy drive they are not that expensive Thank you for your help unlocking the F key worked I have another problem though Windows stopped installing at amp Installing Windows amp It came to Setup will complete in minuets but that minuets lasted forever What could be the problem Could it have something to do with my RAID floppy I am using F install RAID RAID BIOS V nbsp

A:RAID hard drive failure

ADDITION: The first time it failed I replaced port 1 hard drive with a new Maxtor hard drive and approximately one week later it failed also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-hard-drive-failure.583196/
Relevancy 50.31%

System - Asus K V motherboard Gb Ram Athlon processor Seagate Barracuda Sata gb HD Maxtor Gb IDE HD Maxtor gb IDE HD Hauppage WinTV Wireless Network Card GeForce AGP Graphics Card Creative DVD rewriter Hi all I have been running my system from my SATA Hard Drive which is configured as a single drive RAID The last couple of days XP has required an integrity check on boot and has been having a problem with a particular sector Anyway to cap it all yesterday when I switched on strange boot message about HAL dll not being found I finally figured out that my SATA drive is no longer being recognised in the BIOS FastTrak knows it s there but tells me that no RAID arrays are defined I ve ordered a duplicate drive am going to change to Raid if I can get the original drive back working and some recovery software but I can t get the drive to show up on a PEBuilder Boot disk nor in the BIOS a Recovering SATA from Raid Failure? I have gleaned from another thread that I may need to turn the RAID controller off first which Recovering from a SATA Raid Failure? I ll try tonight My main question is what happens if i tell fastTrak to build a new RAID array there appears to be no array to rebuild or delete Will that effectively kill all my data Advice greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Recovering from a SATA Raid Failure?

Hrm.. A very liberal use of the word "drive" here. Maybe try again using "drive" for a physical hard drive and "array" for the RAID set of two or more hard drives?

Single drive RAID0? What do you mean by that? RAID by definition means multiple hard drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-from-a-sata-raid-failure.71088/
Relevancy 50.31%

So I got a message this morning saying my RAID is having a problem and I should go into the Fastbuild menu and see which drive is bad. Problem is, nothing in the fastbuild menus does anything to tell me which drive is having the problem. So how do I know which drive to pull?

Relevancy 50.31%

Good morning SevenForums long time no speak It's been a few years since I've posted on here just spent my time getting answers lurking In my latest PC build I have added a Hybrid RAID using x TB Seagate drives They have been running absolutely fine without any RAID Failure Hybrid after 5 cleaning issues until I removed them to clean dust from the computer case View image HDD I've plugged everything back in the same way it was and now two of the HDD's are not being recognised as part of the RAID windows amp BIOS sees them as healthy non-raid drives that need formatting There is absolutely no physical water damage to the drives - They were just unplugged and plugged back in same as the two still-working drives View image BIOS I'm sure there's a very simple fix to this but I've been Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning unable to Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning find it and data-recovery Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning specialists want an arm and my first born child What I've tried so far - Change SATA cables ports this has not made a difference - It seems the port they are plugged in to does not matter as the two working HDD's are recognised as 'Member Disk ' no matter where they're plugged in - Different power lead from PSU no difference Any troubleshooting guides whatsoever would be greatly appreciated

A:Hybrid RAID 5 Failure after cleaning

OK,my friend!

There are only two possibilities.

1. One or more drives have gone bad due to handling. (Static can kill the electronics in the HDD - the PCB in it.)

Without handling the drives, mark the HDDs as 1,2 3, and 4. Feeling your way through the Sata cables mark the SATA ports on the motherboard to which those are connected correctly. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and 4 to 4

Now install Seatools for Windows and check each drive individually by disconnecting the other three drives at the motherboard SATA Ports.

If all the drives pass the Quick test and Extended Test, you have crossed one hurdle.

This would mean that you have connected the drives to wrong Sata ports.

How do you retrieve this situation?

There are twenty four ways you can connect your HDDs 1, 2, 3 and 4 to the SATA ports marked 1,2,3 and 4 on the motherboard. Do that one by one and check whether you get your RAID correct.
Your HDDs 1, 2, 3, 4 to mother board SATA ports 1234,1243,1324,1342,1423,1432,2134,2143,2314,2341,2413,2431,3124,3142,3214,3241,3412,3421,4123,4132, 4213,4231,4312,4321

One of this combinations should bring back your RAID5.

Finally please do us a favour by uploading any screenshots to the SevenForum servers and not a third party server.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368293-hybrid-raid-5-failure-after-cleaning.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RA830G with RAID-0 (2x160MB drives); controller is HW Intel RAID controller. Problem: Power supply failed; repair cost from Sony is astronomical and there seem to be no after-market replacements (propietary PS, I guess).

My question: Assuming th edrives were undamaged when the PS blew, is there a way I can load the drives into a another system to recover the data (mia culpa - my backup plan, while robust, was not executed appropriately).

OS is Windows MCE 2005;
processor is Intel P4 550J (3.4E Ghz)
Chipset is Intel 915p

Relevancy 50.31%

This is a repost of this thread nbsp http social technet microsoft com Forums en-US w itprogeneral thread a c -e - -a - a c e nbsp Per Technet being a subscriber guarantees me a response from a Microsoft Engineer within two business days but the previous thread was not answered satisfactorily and now Microsoft seems to be ignoring it nbsp Since my previous thread went unresolved and this is of critical importance I chose to repost this and get a real answer from Microsoft Having Software RAID notification of Windows no 7 RAID has failure? as a built-in option seems like a great idea Hard disks are notoriously Windows 7 has no notification of RAID failure? unreliable and they carry the most important part of our technological world our data Being able to easily build a software RAID from two cheap TB drives gives me so much piece of mind or does it nbsp I've noticed Windows 7 has no notification of RAID failure? my software RAID seems to be periodically losing sync This is worrisome maybe a drive is failing but not nearly as worrisome as HOW I noticed it For some reason after cruising along smoothly for several months with my RAID I decided to check on its status in Computer Management - gt Disk Management And oh nos there was my software RAID with a Failed Redundancy Error I had to quot Reactivate Disk quot and it started resynching I decided to check again every so often and everything was fine again for a while until I lost synch again nbsp Again my losing synch is not the point of this post My point is why was there NO NOTIFICATION of my synchronization loss I have NO IDEA how long my drives had lost synchronization before I stumbled upon that fact the first time What is the point of software RAID if Windows does not inform you that it has failed I could lose one drive go cruising along for months thinking I'm fine then lose the other drive and POW I'm left with nothing due to a false sense of security please no lectures on RAID being for reducing downtime and not for use as a backup solution - I KNOW nbsp I just had another loss of synchronization and I checked around to see if I had been notified anywhere else the Action Center seems like it could be a good candidate for this Finding nothing I've come here to post my concerns But in order to maintain my required level of uptime I need to KNOW when a drive has failed redundancy so I can correct the situation by replacing the drive or other Where is the notification that I am running on only one drive nbsp Update In the previous thread it was suggested I use the Windows Task Scheduler to make my own custom notification based on RAID failure events in the Event Viewer nbsp After investigating this unnecessarily obtuse but usable solution it was found that Windows does not generate any events for RAID synchronization failures nbsp This is astounding nbsp What I really want is graphical e-mail and event notification of a drive failure nbsp I will take just an event nbsp I find it amazing that the new quot Action Center quot thinks it is important enough to tell me that my Flash player has a problem but can't let me know that a drive is failing nbsp This seems like the perfect job for an OS notification system to warn you when the feces is about to impact the ventilator Update the disk in question ended up dying completely and was replaced under warranty with no problems and the machine is now happily cruising along with working and synchronized hard drives once again nbsp I would have never noticed I had a failed hard drive if I didn't check on my own

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d3c3d5c-38ee-4a3d-9243-17712556eab8/windows-7-has-no-notification-of-raid-failure?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi every one,
Trying to reinstall XP pro +media centre original disk 2002 version but upgraded to 5 nicely. Moved computer and it kept crashing on start up due to loose Ram. Now I cannot upgrade download patches etc. Well corrupted but no virus. My bios will not find hard drives (sataraid set up). But I can use computer and Office 2007 internet nice and fast . It is not safe to continue using like this but when I attempt to reinstall It says files are missing and eventually it stops. On re boot. I have to change from XP set up on boot to media centre or I get this message.
Stop:0X000007B (0XF78D2524,)xC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000,) I don?t understand raid but is supposed to be linked to that according to help. Would an OEM of Vista correct this? Any help or suggestions please. I am demented!!!!
Chris

A:XP reinstall setup raid failure

Have you tried booting to the Windows CD, then running a Repair install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reinstall-setup-raid-failure.107241/
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU X GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb failure, Need progress immediate Raid inability and to step: next to help! Graphics Card Quadro M GB Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard CLEVO CO X Antivirus Bitdefender Update Feb Raid failure, and inability to progress to next step: Need immediate help! th pm I ve been booting to Windows PE a special version with lots of utilities and I ve twice backed up the RAID array and both have apparently failed The first I used ReclaiMe Free Raid Recovery and it made a copy of my recovered RAID array and I put it on a gb SATA drive but the drive image didn t boot correctly it was missing a windows logo when it booted and it had users Admin and my name but neither would boot right The admin would boot up but showed a blank desktop and failed completely The my name normally has a fingerprint access which was unavailable and wouldn t even accept characters into the password field It was a dead end The second I used DiskInternals Raid Recovery and it did a complicated raid analysis for me I think I did the right thing by taking a gb Raid array file and exporting it to a dsk file That was the size of my RAID array of disks -- it should have been everything Here s where things are complicated and where I m stuck -The dsk file was opened and all it said inside was that it had a file called STORAGE -I found programs that opened dsk files only worked WinImage and I used to to clone the entire dsk image to the SATA array This completed around hour ago --- but the raid array did not boot and the disk does not have any files on it After hours of data transfer and moving the dsk file to my Raid array My raid array currently says this GB -- Unallocated I am almost completely certain the dsk image was successful so what do I do now What do I do now with my dsk image transferred to the HDs in Raid -- how do I recover my file system and once again make it a bootable OS again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-failure-and-inability-to-progress-to-next-step-need-immediate-help.1143078/
Relevancy 49.88%

HI all,

I have just purchased a duplicate drive to my maxtor 160gb sata driver, which I currently use on a single HDD base. I converted it to Dynamic from Basic, then rebooted while I attached my second disk to the motherboard via SATA cable.

I then went into (F6) SAta config, and set up a RAID 1 mirror solution, and then asked me to copy all data to the new disk, did so. After 40 mins completed, rebooted, now all that happends the Windows XP logo comes for 2 cycles then reboots and gets in to this cycle. I cannot even use them as single drives and successfully get into my OS.

I have tried to recover and reinstall, however when you goto reinstall all it says is that Windows is currently on the disk and cannot be reinstalled.

?

Any ideas on this problem....would really appreciate any help!

Thanks
Darren

A:RAID 1 XP Major failure....urgent help required:(:(

Why did you do that dynamic disk silliness? It is totally unneeded for hardware RAID..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-xp-major-failure-urgent-help-required.28616/
Relevancy 49.88%

I ve been slowly building my computer I had a Maxtor GB HD that failed and I lost some of Drive Hard 1 Question w/ Failure RAID my data To have data RAID 1 w/ Hard Drive Failure Question security I ordered Maxtor GB HD s and RAID 1 w/ Hard Drive Failure Question configured them for RAID Within only week I received a CRITICAL notification on one of my hard drives I unplugged one and the computer did not boot so I unplugged the other instead The computer booted so I believe I know which HD is the problem I went to Maxtor com and downloaded the drive checker Maxtor states by using this program I will erase my HD Ok I have the other one up and running The questions is Do I have to disconnect the other HD and plug in the bad one to run this program How can I be ABSOLUTELY SURE I m not running the test on the good one there by erasing all my data Does the Maxtor Hardrive need cooling They sure feel warm Any help would be appreciated This is my first time setting up a hard drive so go easy on the lingo I usually plug everything in and let a friend set it up Thanks in advance Processor AMD Athlon Socket CPU Motherboard A V Deluxe Memory DDRAM x MG GEL Cooling Freezer Videocard NVIDIA GeForce GT MG Soundcard Speakers Kilpsch Speakers Hard Disk s Maxtor GB SATA Raid Case MGE CAG-H sl atx W Comments on system Windows XP nbsp

A:RAID 1 w/ Hard Drive Failure Question

I took the plung... the program from maxtor worked and found some problems....then repaired them. I will reinstall it tonight. This story is done..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-w-hard-drive-failure-question.43165/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have two 500Gb SATA drives in a RAID 0 config set as my system drive 'C', and a 1TB SATA as a storage drive 'E'

Never had this problem until last night when I removed the storage drive. Tried the usual fixes with no luck, put the drive back in and the system boots normally.

The problem seems to be that I installed Windows on the RAID array while the storage drive was attached, and for some reason Windows decided to make 'E' the active partition.

Have attached a screenshot.

'E' also shows as System for some reason, even tho Windows is on 'C'.

What I want to know is can I fix this problem without reformatting/reinstalling, and what will potentially happen if I make the 'C' partition active? Dont really want to kill my machine right now!

All comments and advice appreicated.

A:Disk Boot Failure with RAID 0 Array

No problem. First, mark the Windows partition as active.

Partition - Mark as Active

Then, run a startup repair.

That should do the trick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/79239-disk-boot-failure-raid-0-array.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I had a hard drive bearing failure on my Gateway desktop with two WD GB SATA hard drives set up for RAID- The computer is OEM in every way I replaced the failed unit with an identical part and per the instructions I reset the disks RAID HD boot failure Vista-no with after repair to non-RAID deleted RAID RAID HD failure with Vista-no boot after repair volume created a new RAID volume and now the RAID volume status is normal and bootable and the hard drives show RAID HD failure with Vista-no boot after repair as member disks When I try to run the Gateway System Recovery from my recovery disks I get a message that says no operating system is installed or partition corrupted I then hit R to perform a full system recovery which first sets up a recovery partition It appears to be progressing normally to this point The recovery continues through the Gateway logo and then I get a blue screen that says A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer It goes on to tell me to remove the hard drives and to make sure they are properly configured and terminated and then to run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption Does this sound like a Vista Home Premium bit problem or if not can anyone tell me how to run CHKDSK F when I can t boot

A:RAID HD failure with Vista-no boot after repair

Originally Posted by GHS

I had a hard drive bearing failure on my Gateway desktop with two WD 500GB SATA hard drives set up for RAID-0. The computer is OEM in every way. I replaced the failed unit with an identical part and per the instructions; I reset the disks to non-RAID; deleted RAID volume; created a new RAID volume and now the RAID volume status is ?normal? and ?bootable?, and the hard drives show as ?member disks?.

When I try to run the Gateway System Recovery from my recovery disks, I get a message that says no operating system is installed, or partition corrupted. I then hit ?R? to perform a full system recovery, which first sets up a recovery partition. It appears to be progressing normally to this point. The recovery continues through the Gateway logo and then I get a blue screen that says: ?A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.? It goes on to tell me to remove the hard drives and to make sure they are properly configured and terminated and then to run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption.

Does this sound like a Vista (Home Premium 32bit) problem, or if not, can anyone tell me how to run CHKDSK /F, when I can?t boot?

Hi GHS, Welcome to the Forum.

I need a few answers

Did the PC come with RAID installed?
Did it have a restore partition on the RAID HDD?
How many recovery discs do you have? and what size are they? are these CD's?

You say that you changed the damaged HDD as per instructions what instructions?
I doubt you can reach a command prompt, but just in case Type chkdsk /f /r
You might reach the screen with your backup discs See attached
I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223962-raid-hd-failure-vista-no-boot-after-repair.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey so I have a problem with a RAID configuration on my computer Basically Windows won't boot and automatically launches the 'automatic repair' however it fails to repair the issue and so gives me the option of restarting or going to advanced options At the same time as this I've noticed that my RAID status has changed to 'verify' and whilst I'm aware you can resolve desync issues in the OS I have no idea how to resolve these issues if the OS won't boot at all I didn't change any settings or add or 1 status RAID 8.1 Win after failure Boot 'verify' remove hardware software but I have read that this is something that develops over time and people suggest verifying fairly regularly however I haven't verified my drives at all and I've have the raid setup for about months now So how do I solve this issue I tried changing my SATA mode for AHCI IDE and booting like that but windows still fails to launch I also attempted to resolve the issues using my windows disk but that also failed too Any ideas - thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53660-win-8-1-boot-failure-after-raid-1-status-verify.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a raid 0 setup and one of the two drives has failed. I cannot boot into the operating system ( win 7)
I realise that I have probably lost all my data but can I now do the following:
Remove the failed drive.
Set the remaining drive as non RAID and reinstall windows on it?
Thanks for any advice!

A:Solved: RAID failure of 1 drive - reuse the other?

Being as you were running a striped array the data is lost,
but the failure of one drive should not have caused a failure
with the other.
It should be fine to install windows to it.
Just make sure to set the controller in the bios so it is not
running raid anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-failure-of-1-drive-reuse-the-other.1072251/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have to recover my System Drive ("C") RAID-1 array. The mother board manufacturer tells me that I have to perform the following steps:
use an OS CD (XP has a great tool for this) and boot to both drives separately
go through the first steps on the OS load, you will get an option to format, and also to delete the partition table.

delete the partition on both drives, then reboot,
go to BIOS and enable RAID.
F10 to save and exit,
after the initial post screen, goto the RAID controller and setup the array.

save and exit and install your OS from there.
He also says that I may be able to do an image copy and then restore from that. Does anyone have any success with recreating a RAID-1 array from an image copy, and, if so, what image copy software did you use?

A:RAID-1 Recovery

I am confused as to what you are trying to do?? You have RAID 1 with 2 drives and one is bad? or you are trying to move your RAID 1 to 2 new drives? or New MB and want to move your RAID 1 to new MB???

Let me know? -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/120945-raid-1-recovery.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a RAID 5 setup with 5 drives using the Intel ICH10R chipset. When I flashed my BIOS recently, it reset its settings to their defaults. When it restarted, it rebooted into Windows before I could change the BIOS settings back to the proper RAID configuration. After setting the BIOS settings back to RAID and rebooting, the RAID array failed. One of the drives was detected as a non-RAID drive. The partition for the RAID volume was inaccessible and Windows Disk Management detected it as type RAW. How can I repair my RAID array? Thank you for your help.

A:RAID 5 recovery

In case anyone's interested. This thread traces the steps I went through to fix my problem: http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/hard-drive-support/353791-raid-5-recovery.html.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-recovery.807413/
Relevancy 49.45%

Basically what has happened is my backup server went down due to its motherboard failing.
So my idiotic boss who thinks hes the worlds best admin decided he was going to put the drives in a spare server to try and recover the data that was on them.
Now this wouldn't work anyway, but he didn't lable the drives and in his ultimate wisdom managed to get them mixed up.

Anyway, now the server has its new mobo I'm stuck with the task of trying to figure out what order the drives were in originally.

Is there any way of doing this, or do I have to sit there and try every possible combination with the drives?

A:Raid 5 Recovery

I think you're stuck with juggling them until you find the right combination. Hopefully, the RAID controller will give you a clue when you stick them in. If this is RAID-5 as indicated, it might even be smart enough to figure it out for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-recovery.501066/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All Please forgive me after RAID Recover failure? Stripe array 0 motherboard if this is an often discussed problem I searched briefly but didn t find answers I built my first system about years ago from a new Asus A N -SLI Deluxe Motherboard with an AMD Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure? A X Athalon processor I also installed western Digital GB SATA hard drives I configured the drives into a RAID Stripe array I installed Windows XP Home Edition currently upgraded to SP and the system worked pretty well with just few problems for a long time Last weekend I tried to Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure? start the system bit it failed the POST I decided to rebuild and upgrade the system I bought and installed an Intel DG ID motherboard and an Intel Q Core Quad processor along with GB of memory After setting up some BIOS options on the Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure? new system I entered the RAID set up utility but before I completed the RAID Volume setup the system warned me that completing the operation would erase all data on the existing drives so I escaped before completing the task I would like to know if there is a way to get the new system to boot from my existing hard drives or if it is possible to back up and restore the data from my existing dives nbsp

A:Recover RAID 0 Stripe array after motherboard failure?

raid reconstructor

there is a bart pe disc with raid reconstructor built in. i have used it to recover a raid 0 array before.

i have the ISO but i am not sure how to upload the image. it is 153mb. the other tool you need is getdataback. you have to either purchase it or find other means to use getdataback. if you google "bart pe raid reconstructor" you will be able to find the info you need.

if you have any ideas for me to get you the bartpe image i made, let me know and i will try to help.

ray

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recover-raid-0-stripe-array-after-motherboard-failure.122001/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I have an ABIT AL Raid reboot) XP Recovery (Cannot MB I have two MB HDs and have a RAID install in place mirrored HDs which is why I only see MB of HD space In the last XP Raid Recovery (Cannot reboot) week I ve noticed a few issues pop up during reboot I ignored them as the PC was usuable Now it seems one of my HDs is having issues The startup process claims one HD is valid for REBOOT but this is not the case as it seems to hang way before any Windows logo appears I need some advice as to how to recover from this position The whole reason I chose RAID is so that I could have a complete image of a HD duplicated and just switch to the one drive still valid This does not seem to be that easy What tools will help me detect exactly what the problem is Hopefully I can recover all my data from this position If I ve not supplied enough info to get an answer to my query please ask away Regards vorg nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-raid-recovery-cannot-reboot.712296/
Relevancy 49.02%

HELP. I had a NAS 200 connected to my router via RJ45 to store pictures on from 4 networked computers. All computers are running Vista Home Premium. The NAS has two 320G Seagate SATA hard drives.

A representative from a RAID recovery software company said his software would not work as Linksys uses proprietary formatting. The tech at Linksys accessed my computer to try to fix the NAS200 and when he was done, My public folder and the pictures that were in it are no longer viewable.

Amazing, the case number the tech gave me, bogus.

At any rate, is there any way that I can connect the two drives to my PC via SATA and recover any files? I connected the drives and Disk Management sees them with partitions, but under my computer, none of the drives show up.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a DELL dimension 9100 which has installed 2 SATA hard drives of 149GB each. No other drives in the machine.

On bootup I have an error which says - Error loading operating system.(Windows XP home)
They have been setup as a stripe raid array and show 'status' - Failed. Tried to boot from windows CD but doesn't allow this.

I'm trying to recover important data from them? Is this possible and if so what do I need to do it. Tried a magic bridge with SATA to USB adapter but nothing shows on the drives. Is the DATA fried or is it recoverable???? Help please...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/striped-raid-recovery.652644/
Relevancy 49.02%

So I just shipped my computer overseas going to college in Scotland and in the process of packing everything securely I separately packed the two drives Recovery RAID Question 1 that make up my mirrored RAID Array I have shipped the first RAID 1 Recovery Question drive and the second drive I am taking on the airplane with me However I just found that I needed some crucial files from my array so I popped one of the array drives into a spare computer booted from it and pulled a few files onto a RAID 1 Recovery Question thumbdrive In two weeks when I put the two drives back together in my shipped computer and boot up the system what will happen to my original raid array I m assuming that I have broken the array and will need to repair rebuild it somehow Is there a good method to do this Can the intel matrix storage manager software do this for me Or will I need to wipe one of the drives and use it to rebuild the array Thanks for your help nbsp

A:RAID 1 Recovery Question

Why would copying some files break your array? It doesn't sound as though you harmed anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-recovery-question.857200/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell 670 with 3 250 gb drives raid 0 array that crashed. (windows XP Pro)
Drives check out fine, controller card was replaced with like model.
Drives have been verified so they are there and not damaged
Earlier 2 drives were reported not found, now all 3 drives are reported not found.
Also, I had a loud constant alarm before and now I don't have that. (I think that's a good sign).
How do I reconnect with the array?
I cannot loose data...how do I assure this?

Errors include--Bios not installed.
No logical drives found

Possible things (but I don't know much and I don't want to loose data)

Bios?
Driver for card?
THANKS SO MUCH!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have recently encountered a problem in which that my computer does not boot into windows at all and is all down to a NTLDR being missing I have tried going into the recovery console however the fixboot etc have not been successful and a check disk scan shows that the file Data on RAID 0 recovery system is corrupted I am using two GB Hitatchi HDD with RAID I put in a new GB HDD and installed a new OS on it so that I can recover data on the two GB HDD and am using active undelete When recreating the RAID for the two GB and scanning it it finds all the files on them intact however when trying to recover the data folders and files it seems to fail with some of them I was wondering if there were any other methods I could use Data recovery on RAID 0 to recover my data other than using active undelete which has shown me my data is intact however has trouble recovering them Thanks if anyone can help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/data-recovery-on-raid-0-a-113930.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i own 2 pc's with abit kt7a raid - latest bios
i bought a MX4000 for 1 of those
the 1st time i tried i received the long/short/short bios beep codes, i reinserted the card again and it worked fine.

the next day ..... my pc gave me nothing else but the same beep codes.

i tried the card on my other kt7a pc, same problem...

the card works fine (!) on 2 of my older pentium3 systems (1 packard bell and 1 abit pc with BE-6 mobo).

I was thinking of a mobo problem but the card worked fine for 1 day on 1 pc...? clearing cmos doesnt help....

ps: i m not sure but a bought recently for the other kt7a a ati 9800, is being returned since it seemed to be DOA (only checked this on my two kt7a systems)

one system has a 300W psu so i rule that out too.

A:Geforce MX4000 and abit KT7A raid - boot failure

NEVER flash your BIOS unless you absolutely have to for your hardware to work. THe only reason bios updates are posted is because of newer hardware on the market, so never do that unless necessary. You most likely toasted the bios when you flashed it (because no mainboard has the latest bios when it is shipped) the bios is a touchy chip, dont screw with it. your bios is prolly doa, get a new chip or a new board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-mx4000-and-abit-kt7a-raid-boot-failure.12059/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m wondering if anyone can shed light on this issue The system has x Tb drives to create the C system drive and x Tb drives to create the D storage drive both RAID running Windows I installed a SSD drive to the computer as well as a hot-swap caddy but to get enough SATA ports I had to move the x Tb drives to the caddy After this was done the computer was started up and showed the C and D intact I then used the provided software to install the 0 an drive drives of failure Raid one - is Array the with unknown pairing SSD drive and called it E Finally a fresh install of Windows was put on the SSD Now somehow the RAID array was upset The disk management shows and Unknown drive that adds up to Tb asking me to initialise it The D drive does not appear in My Computer When I run the Intel Disk Management software I could see another Unknown Disk with Gb which is now pairing with one of the Tb drives The entire system has been put back to the way it started to the best of my knowledge with all the drives attached to the original SATA ports the SSD and the other version of Windows removed but the strange Gb drive remains Does anyone have any solutions I have included a screenshot of the drives https www dropbox com s b cq o c x jpg Thanks Michael nbsp

A:Raid 0 Array failure - one of the drives is pairing with an unknown drive

You generally can't move RAID drives around if you wish to keep your data. They should also stay connected to the same SATA ports and in the same order. You may have the ports for the two 3TB drives reversed or on the wrong ports. You may have better luck determining which drive is the problem by using the pre-OS Intel RST RAID utility; it may tell you which drive is not being detected correctly. Also, bypass the hot swap caddies in case they are part of the problem.

I also concerned that you said to get enough ports you had to move the drives to a caddy, this caddy doesn't have it's own controller with a SATA multiplier does it? If so that's a huge mistake.

I hope you are of the significantly higher chance of unrecoverable data loss when running RAID-0.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-0-array-failure-one-of-the-drives-is-pairing-with-an-unknown-drive.1131202/
Relevancy 48.59%

All help is much appreciated I inherited an old SuSE mail server and it no longer posts or beeps when booting I imagine the motherboard or the processor is dead Just my luck the MB is discontinued and no one s selling it on Ebay The system is setup with RAID As I didn t setup the system I m not sure if it s hardware based the MB supports SATA Raid or Software based or a combo as I know little about RAID to begin with My main objective is data recovery tho not resurrecting the box There s a total of drives two pairs mirrored one pair the system one pair data I ve tried hooking it up to USB 1 Dead Motherboard Raid Recovery and and the drive won t mount on a windows box but it reads the hardware What s been done already It s an MSI MB Raid 1 Recovery and Dead Motherboard with a dbracket and LEDS All are red It does not post or beep It has power the fan spins however the monitor while recognizing it Raid 1 Recovery and Dead Motherboard s connected is receiving no signal to make it wake up Reset the CMOS and removed the battery for a time mins and no difference Removed the memory and one of the LEDs turned green with an error early chipset initilization What s the next logical steps in trying to recover my data Is it possible that mounting the drive on a linux box with USB-SATA connector would yield better results Thank you in advance Katy nbsp

A:Raid 1 Recovery and Dead Motherboard

Since this was Linux unit, you should be trying to read the drives on a Linux system or with a live Linux boot disk. Windows cannot access Linux partitions without extra drivers/software, but really you should just use Linux.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-recovery-and-dead-motherboard.1066928/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok I have been informed fairly certainly that my RAID is not rebuildable of went bad and before I got that drive back form Samsung another drive went bad Samsung HD scan in DOS stated bad a sector Nice which means only one healthy drive no rebuild So now 5 or Recovery Service Software RAID onto recovery option getting past the fact that I shoulda woulda coulda have had a real backup etc I need to make a decison here how to try to gain some data back and any opinions would be appreciated especially if you have done or gone through this before I see this software for http www topshareware com Quick-Recovery-for-RAID- -download- htm but at less than MB can it be legit or anyone heard of this I called what seems like a good company RAID 5 Recovery Service or Software drivesavers com and they said about a charge even if NO data is saved some analysis fee but they said from my case they should be able to save most data to save and deliver they say for me about but can be less if they recover less than all the data like per GB or of vital files they cannot restore I will talk to them more tomorrow But of course I rather just spend the ya JUST and do it myself if this is valid software that wont also eradicate my data and make it totally non-recoverable Of if anyone has another place or software that works for this situation please let me know thanks nbsp

A:RAID 5 Recovery Service or Software

This website might be of some help.

www.datarecoveryadvice.org general information on data recovery and a section on RAID recovery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-recovery-service-or-software.765127/
Relevancy 48.59%

Been happily running XP off a pair of WD Raptor disks configured as RAID under the control of the on-board PROMISE controller on my MSI P Neo-FISR PCB Last week the Promise controller Bios reported that the raid array had gone quot critical quot I could still boot XP from the surviving drive By trial and errr I Problem 1 Recovery Promise RAID identified which disk had failed and attempted to rebuild the array option which copies from the survivor to the failed drive Rebuild appeared to be working but at complete the array again went quot critical quot I figured the target drive was stuffed Next steps - ran ChkDsk across the survivor No errors found - replaced the target drive with a brand new WD Raptor - reran the rebuild process same error goes to copying and the array goes quot critical quot Anybody got ideas as to what might be wrong and Promise RAID 1 Recovery Problem how recover Various combinations of deleting re-allocationg the array have been tried but the rebuild fails at the mark System still runs on surviving drive but I want my RAID back Cheers D nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/promise-raid-1-recovery-problem.82341/
Relevancy 48.16%

I m weighing the Pro s and Con s of replacing my failing C drive with two drives RAID ed together Failure qustionable. rate Perf gain it? RAID doubled. worth I had planned to go the RAID- route but the more research I do the less of a good idea it sounds I m only looking at RAID variations that let me use ALL of my capacity rather than waste an entire drive for backup so RAID and RAID worth it? Perf gain qustionable. Failure rate doubled. are off the table RAID worth it? Perf gain qustionable. Failure rate doubled. my Mboard does not support That leaves RAID- and JBOD I hear varying reports that RAID- doesn t always result in performance gains and naturally by making two drives so interdependent if one fails they both fail essentially doubling your risk of catastrophic drive failure JBOD quot Just a Bunch Of Disks quot wouldn t result in any speed gain but wastes less space than partitioning the drives separately and if one fails you don t lose all your data So what are others out there using Any recommendations Performance issues Maybe I d be better off just not sing RAID at all nbsp

A:RAID worth it? Perf gain qustionable. Failure rate doubled.

You don't move to RAID to get performance gains, necessarily. You do it for security of your data.
There is always a risk to anything on a computer, but we have yet to see such a catastorphic drive failure in our shop, if things are installed correctly to begin with...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-worth-it-perf-gain-qustionable-failure-rate-doubled.77429/
Relevancy 47.73%

I seem to be in a mess here I had a RAID setup with x GB drives One time one of the drives failed so it was running on the remaining two fine altho a little slowly as expected listed as quot degraded quot in the bios RAID screen so i sent back the defective drive and meanwhile continued to (Abit 5 IP35 RAID Options Recovery Pro) use it in its degraded state with no problems except for loss in speed Then recently the system would not boot to XP and in the RAID screen it showed BOTH drives as quot FAILED quot Knowing no way to fix that since I needed my PC for work and things I took those offline unplugged RAID 5 Recovery Options (Abit IP35 Pro) and installed a single drive and loaded XP on there and used that When i tried viewing the other drives through this new XP RAID 5 Recovery Options (Abit IP35 Pro) to see if I can at least see the files they were both unrecognizable by XP as expected Then my replacement drive finally came and I put that back in took my single drive offline and had all back to what it RAID 5 Recovery Options (Abit IP35 Pro) was and rebooted with RAID in the bios settings had IDE while I was on th single The system still doesnt boot of course but the problem is there is no option in the RAID bios screen to REBUILD or i thought it should automatically start rebuilding on its own I have the screenshot of the info at the end The problem is now it sees TWO non-raid disks which is wrong isnt it only the new replacement drive should be non-raid and the system should make it raid by rebuilding so something is not right here Any info would be appreciated or else I will not be averted to simply going the route of recovery and getting rid of RAID altogether I am sick of this Thanks OS XP Pro Using mobo onboard RAID HW Intel E Abit IP Pro GT Corsair Dom x GB W PSU nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-recovery-options-abit-ip35-pro.764085/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I need some help direction or advice Earlier this year a virus crashed my computer If possible I want to try recovering data from hard drives that were configured in a sata raid Since the crash I have installed a new ATA Maxtor GB hard drive and have XP installed again I have installed the SATA DRIVES and they are recognized in the BIOS They don t show up in my computer When I open VIA Raid tool they are there and shown as operating normal but not in any array I don t know if I should try to create a new array or how to proceed and not damage any data if any is still available Any guidance and help Recovery Solved: RAID Data 0 SATA from is greatly appreciated Operating system XP Mother Board ECS P M PRO-M Processor Intel Pentium socket GHz MHz FSB MB Solved: Data Recovery from SATA RAID 0 L Cache Using onboard sound Video e-GeForce LE Hard Drive GB ATA Maxtor set as Master IDE Hard Drives - GB SATA Seagate Baracuda DVD Drive Sony R W set as Master IDE Memory Corsair GB - modules MHZ nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

hi I recently recovery for finding raid-0 parameters (unstriping?) had a tb WD my book studio II dual drive go down and I m trying to do some data recovery I managed to get the drives out of the enclosure and connect them to my computer via internal SATA connection drive management one drive shows up as healthy and the other is not initialized I have both R-Studio and Raid Reconstructor software and I m trying to reconstruct the raid array but don t know enough about this to really know what I m doing in Raid reconstructor step gives me the option to run an entropy test or quot just go quot - the entropy test says quot the results are not significant quot and not to proceed without knowing the parameters first R-studio seems to have finding raid-0 parameters for recovery (unstriping?) a less user friendly set up so I m not really sure how to use that software at all any tips or ideas on what I should do to be able to get this data back nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Dear Techspot after spending a fair old bit of coin on a computer a couple of years back it was to my dispare that I recently had to replace my motherboard the thing really messed up it wouldnt even get as far as keyboard initialisation so no BIOS control So Ive changed from a socket MSI K N SLI NForce motherboard to a Socket ASUS A N Deluxe Then comes the problem the HDD s Raid config I have Western Digital Gb drives in Raid After fitting the motherboard and stupidly not noting which drive was in which 0 problems recovery RAID and essential data SATA RAID port originally things only got worse I plugged them in and couldn t get them to show up on the main bios page as quot first SATA master quot and quot second SATA master quot as I believe they should by the way at any time in this thread I may be completely wrong My IDE drives show up fine but this is my first point of confusion My NVIDIA controller on the advanced settings of my bios does not RAID 0 problems and essential data recovery detect the HDDs at all but the quot silicon raid controller quot will detect RAID 0 problems and essential data recovery the drives in the type shown on start up not in the bios main page After changing the settings with both of these controllers and changing the SATA RAID ports the HDDs were in there are available bootup would always end in quot Disk boot failure Insert system disc quot Then I really messed things up I went to the silicon raid controller bios menu and created a raid array This may or may not have accessed the drives and overwritten the original raid boot data So now here I am Im desperate to keep information that was on the HDDs There is some recent data that I didnt get to back up I heard if it s all gone a bit wrong I could get a seperate IDE HDD install windows on there and use a raid repair application to gain access to the drives through My Computer I hope I have provided enough info on this drawn out situation and that someone can shed light on things I m well over my head with this nbsp

A:RAID 0 problems and essential data recovery

I think they show up as one drive in 0.

Have you set the Bios for raid operation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery.108040/
Relevancy 47.73%

We're using a DatOptic (SBOX-R) External Disk Array (eSata).
Sil 4726 based.

This box is connected to the HP computer (HP Pavilion Elite d5000t ATX) via a FD 2 Port eSATA PCI-Express Adapter - SATAPCIE2 controller
DatOptic - Sbox-R 5 bay eStata Raid w/PM

The device is reporting that the failed disk was rebuilt to the hotswap drive we have installed.

There were two volumes created on the Raid and the second volume isn't even showing up in Windows Vista (64bit).

The first volume is being reported back to vista as RAW space.

I'm not sure if this is a configuration issue or if we just ended up buying something other then what we though we were buying..

I've searched for a few hours and can't seem to get any more info then what was provided in the .pdf's that came with the steelvine processor management software.

Thank You!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sees-external-raid-array-as-only-raw-disk-after-drive-failure-rebuild.861236/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys need some advice I have win running on RAID using Seagate GB hdds My motherboard is an ASUS P series with an onboard Intel Raid chip So apparently one of on auto Data recovery on HDD wrong rebuild RAID the drives went dead and since it's RAID no problem right Just replace the Data recovery on RAID auto rebuild on wrong HDD disk and it will auto rebuild Problem is this thing happened just as i was about to step out of my house for a week long vacation I thought i'd get a new drive when i got back and shutdown the pc to save on power while i was away Fast forward a week so i boot up the Data recovery on RAID auto rebuild on wrong HDD computer and the Intel Raid boot sequence shows that i have a degraded drive No biggie I thought i'd boot it up first and replace the degraded drive later What i didn't notice was that Intel Raid controller had designated another one of my existing drives as a spare and marked it for auto rebuild in Windows So upon booting into Windows Intel Rapid Storage starts rebuilding on the wrong drive So now i have TB HDD data that has been wrongly auto rebuilt I've sinced replaced the degraded drive and the array is back to normal but my data drive is mush I tried using Active Undelete and it's able to scan the files and recover but the files are corrupted Anyone have any suggestions on what software i could use to try to recover the data

A:Data recovery on RAID auto rebuild on wrong HDD

This MAY work, it has worked a number of times on failed RAID systems, and also failed a couple of times;

Recuva - Features

<http://www.piriform.com/recuva/features>

This also MAY work;

It has worked a number of times on failed RAID systems and only failed once;

You want the download from the first column with "UNLIMITED" data recovery;

Free Partition Recovery Software - Recover Deleted FAT/NTFS/Ext2/Ext3 Partition.

<http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/>

These work, but cost money!

http://www.diskinternals.com/press/v...recovery.shtml

<http://www.diskinternals.com/press/virtual_disks_data_recovery.shtml>

http://www.diskinternals.com/

http://www.diskinternals.com/raid-recovery/
Once you have a virtual disc of the drive Don't do any operations on the drive itself; ( there is some freeware for this, you will have to search Google for it I don't have a link offhand), you can then try all sorts of things without endangering your data any further.

Also see here;

http://www.e-evidence.info/other.html

<http://www.e-evidence.info/other.html>
http://liveview.sourceforge.net/

<http://liveview.sourceforge.net/>

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/153259-data-recovery-raid-auto-rebuild-wrong-hdd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Asus N SLI Deluxe on Win XP I have deleted and recreated a sata disk Raid array using the bios Silicon Image Raid I Image 0 Config Array Silicon of Raid Recovery would like to restore Windows XP Recovery of Silicon Image Raid 0 Array Config to a working condition No hardware problem and I believe that no data on the two drives has Recovery of Silicon Image Raid 0 Array Config been lost or written to just the raid setup has been changed Can anyone with similar experience advise the best route to getting Win XP back up and running Thanks John More Background I used Raid because that was the way the pc builder set it up quot for speed quot and from experience I believe it is faster After four or more years I became concerned that one of the hard drives would die - and not understanding RAID I considered moving to a single disk I backed up email documents pics and bought a large new internal sata drive GB and plugged it in Then came the problem I had nudged one of the two sata drives power out - and I spent the next min trying to figure out what happened In the process deleting the existing raid configuration but I believe not the data I finally realised power was out to one of Raid drives plugged it back in unplugged GB drive and created raid set I then unplugged two raid drives and rebuilt Win XP on the GB Reading to date suggests that just the initial master boot record has been affected FAQ Do I understand Raid Roughly From what I have read I believe that only the MBR will have been affected by my actions - so thought possible to recover Why am I concerned about recovering original raid array if I backed up data Whilst I have all important docs and wedding pics I did not have a full image of pc I now have purchased Acronis and make full image backups - and didn't realise how much I would miss bits and pieces installed and tweaked over several years - firefox passwords - drivers etc etc - and I am rather keen to try and recover original installation What actions have I taken so far - and what am I planning to try Haven't done anything yet - still reading - these are the only options I am considering at present Slipstream SIL raid drivers on to my original WinXP disk and try and run the recovery console I have read that running fixmbr or bootcfg rebuild may suffice Try or commercial Raid Recovery softwares to see if I can get some of the data off - no a preferred option as this does not recover all the application specific settings etc Live with the mistake Rebuild all software over a month - and hope to get drivers all working Run Acronis regularly to do full disk backups

A:Recovery of Silicon Image Raid 0 Array Config

IF the OS is intact, then the Raid drivers are there still. The Raid structure rebuild shouldn't have changed any software.

Have you just tried booting with the Raid 0 set in place as originally?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-of-silicon-image-raid-0-array-config-376785.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Having gone from windows 7, to 8 to 8.1 to 10 without a reinstall I've started to have a few issues so I've just reinstalled windows to a new drive.

Trouble is, I didn't think too much and left the old RAID array connected so the recovery and EFI partitions are still on it and Windows Setup used these instead of creating new ones.

I want to unRAID them now to get my 2 SSD's back but how do I copy the recovery and efi partitions over?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/61784-move-efi-recovery-partitions-raid-array-i-want-split.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 46.87%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 46.44%

Heya I ve had a couple different posts on here because of some pretty mad malware Basically my comp won t load to the login screen so another member and I determined it was best to do a fresh install Now I have a recovery console on issue. do from Raid won't frehs Solved: driver Recovery load to CD install. my hard drive forgot what program made it and I have the recovery CD The hard drive recovery will accept my raid drivers and send me through however when I try to get to recovery from my DVD it gives me the old fatal error oooooo xb or what not Solved: Recovery won't load from CD to do frehs install. Raid driver issue. Of course I need to utilize the DVD version to install windows and believe it or not I m using the same floppy I used when it work I did mess with my BIOS settings to get something else to work so now I m stuck Can i do a clean install from windows safe mode works regular mode won t or is it absolutely best to do it from Dos recovery nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovery-wont-load-from-cd-to-do-frehs-install-raid-driver-issue.929028/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello and I hope someone can help? I am trying to recover my mates Xp OS by the ASR but it keeps failing due to the fact it asks for me to locate the drivers C:` Dell`r126542`win2000 but the root folder it is looking at is empty

I thought I might be able to down them from another comp and put them on a usb stick.But as you probably know this is not possible as the usb stick is not recognised by the system at the moment. If I choose to ignore therequest then all that happens is the Win install stops as it keeps asking for these drivers.. Also if I try to ignore more than once the drivers for the mouse stop and then I am for want of a better word "dead in the water"

So if someone could maybe provide a soloution I would appreciate it- Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483065/win-xp-recovery-failure/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey folks,

I'm having a hell of a time trying to factory recover/restore my Toshiba Qosmio!

At first I couldn't even

get the menu to come up, but by waiting what seemed ages (20 minutes) the recovery menu came up.

It was all going well, I told the the computer to reset to "out of the box" factory reset, but it came up with an error code...

ERROR : 08-0648-0000

Particion creation failed.
Please press [OK] to turn off computer.

So I have no earthly clue what a partition is, or what it means that the creation is failed, if anyone could help out I would be very greatful!

All the best,

Jeff

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have a Medion MD Uhmm I'm not a RECOVERY FAILURE please HELP computer person so I don't know all about the technical stuff so I hope you guys can help me out So I was watching a youtube vid last night and then the computer suddenly froze but I RECOVERY FAILURE HELP please can still move my mouse but I can't click RECOVERY FAILURE HELP please on anything The only thing I could do is press the power button to shut it off I decided to go to sleep because it was late Then the next day when the computer got to the point where I need to chose weather I want to boot in RECOVERY FAILURE HELP please safe mode or what ever or start windows normally I chose to start it normally but then it will say it like you need to use the disk to repair damage but I can't find my disk cause I just moved so I decided to reformat it cause I have nothing important installed anyway But when I press F to start recovery when it's booting it will ask me for the language normal then comes the warning normal then comes the warning again normal then comes the final warning normal there are options abort back and finish i selected finish Then I see ghost for seconds and then it will go to black screen and say 'ABORT Read sector failure result drive sectors to RECOVERY FAILED ' This have never happened before when I reformatted my computer before Does anybody know what to do plz help

A:RECOVERY FAILURE HELP please

Your hard drive may have failed (which they all do eventually) so you will need to confirm that by running the drive manufacturer's diagnostic DOS-based software from a bootable CD.
The software is supplied as a CD image (ISO file). Use nero or something similar to create the CD from that ISO file.

Links are here: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

If you are unable to determine the make of drive, you can use Seagate SeaTools for DOS which can test any brand: | Seagate

Make sure you download the DOS version (not the Windows version).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-failure-help-please-555802.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This is a hypothetical scenario but one that many will have to deal with in the real world.

Scenario

Type : Desktop PC

Internal HDD : 1 disk - System C: Data E:
Recovery Drives : a) USB Flash W8.1 Recovery Drive and b) USB HDD W8.1 System Image
Data Backup Drives : USB HDD

Recovery software : W8.1 Recovery Drive and W8.1 System Image (no 3rd-party imaging software)
Backup software : W8.1 File History (no 3rd-party backup software)

User experience : Non-technical but is comfortable carrying out clear instructions.

Problem

Internal HDD failure rendering the disk as unusable and inaccessible.

Question

What is the best procedure for a non-technical User to follow to recover their system in a reasonable time-frame?

Assumption

Assume that the User has a spare formatted HDD and the necessary ability to remove and replace the failed HDD.

T.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I recently bought HP Pavilion  15 N259TX Laptop. While trying to do  software recovery in dvd i am getting the below error message "We are experiencing errors in recovery media creation. Please try again" I tried numerous times without any success. How can i take recovery? Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Recovery Failure

Hello Maha76, Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!I understand there is an error when creating recovery media. I'll do my best to help out! Please try entering Safe Mode, and creating the media in Safe Mode. This document will show you how to access Safe Mode: Windows 8 Safe Mode If that doesn't help, you can call HP and they can just send you recovery media for your notebook! No effort on your part  Use this link to the correct contact number for your location: Contact HP I will look forward to your response Mario

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Failure/td-p/4230428
Relevancy 46.01%

My Father In Law just bought a used Dell Studio 1737 laptop. I tried to run the recovery software to restore it to factory. During the restore something happened and it failed. Now the computer can not boot into windows and the recovery will not run again. I can launch the recovery software but the screen just pops up and then goes back to the choice list. I can open a DOS prompt and browse to see that the recovery files and disk image are still in place. I tried to manually launch the repair and got the same result. Is there any thing else I should try before I have to order the recovery disks from Dell?

A:Recovery Failure

are you pressing the F8 key during post to access the dell recovery ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326197/recovery-failure/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey folks I somehow really messed up on this one I had a problem where my computer wasn t booting past the windows load screen and to try and fix I loaded a system recovery in safe mode That seemed to bother my computer more as now it won t boot saying the following quot Windows could not start because of the following missing or corrupt file WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM quot It suggests that I use windows recovery So screen wont & issue. complete, blue Solved: setup recovery raid Windows I pop in the DVD and sometimes it works sometimes not It will often freeze on loading a video file driver and at the end it will read quot file i prt sys caused an unexpected error in at line u t in d drive quot I think its my bogus DVD drive but it does work half the time So even when the windows recovery boots I would let it go through and hit R for recovery However it says Windows doesn t detect any Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue. drives probably because I have two drives on Raid I retry and hit f when it starts to load third party drivers Now I have discs for raid drivers I ve tried all each with multiple options within The computer is years old so for the life of me I can t remember which I ve used when originally loading windows When I post my bios shows Sil Sata Raid Bios version I tried Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue. all disks but the Sil Sata Raid Driver Disk by ABIT Version multiple times Still no go What happens is I get the blue screen of death quot Problem has been detected etc etc Check for viruses etc etc run chkdsk f to check Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue. for hard drive corruption Stop x b oxF D xC x x quot Now I believe that my drives are fine When I go into the raid settings in bios it says they are operating normal and the problem that made the computer go haywire is a problem I experienced before that people fixed here and discovered to be a driver issue See old post years ago http forums techguy org windows-xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html So now I m stuck I can t recover it seems so frustration is building I will try and download the latest drivers from ABIT and try those but anyone have any ideas I ve tried recovery maybe times and no go Not sure how to proceed as I unfortunately need some data on these drives I realize this was incredibly long so I really appreciate your help and hope some of you out there truly enjoy a good challenge Thanks again -Jeff Mobo AB Pro nbsp

A:Solved: Windows recovery wont complete, blue screen & raid setup issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-recovery-wont-complete-blue-screen-raid-setup-issue.928044/
Relevancy 45.15%

recovery disk, when it hit 79% and froze ..i open and close cd rom, it continued..loading finish, install program..vista, had windows open with recycle bin, clock ..6-7 more icons.(programs), it continued to "install programs" but after a period of loading programs and rebooting ...a pop up come up ...recovery failed...try again...tried again...got to 79% again on 2nd disk ..it tried and tried.(i didn't interupt this time..error 0x400110020000 1005 come up..i am stuck...please help

A:recovery disk failure

try the recovery partition, if it's the hp in profile, try starting the computer holding down the 0 (zero) key...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-disk-failure.984227/
Relevancy 45.15%

I hope someone can help Recovery Failure Acer me because I m totally at a loss I have an acer laptop aspire and I tried to run the recovery disks The very first time it ran it went almost all the way through the first disc and then failed So I tried it again and now I can get past the language selection and then it starts to run and I keep getting error TYPE MISMATCH The other problem is I think the first time I tried it it went far enough that the hard drive got wiped because now it won t boot from that either So I basically can t turn it on or use Acer Recovery Failure it Acer Recovery Failure at all If I run it from the hard drive it says quot a disk read error occurred press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot so I can t run it that way and when I try to run it from the disk I get the recovery error type mismatch I m really hoping someone can help me ASAP because I m totally lost and the computer is completely useless Please help nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

First of all, my other computer was running slowly so I made a recovery disk via the control panel and then booted the disk. I chose the option to set my system to factory settings and it took me to this ACER eManagement thing which gave me the same options. After about a while of loading, my computer rebooted but I end up with a loading screen that says "set up is starting services" and I get an error immediately after saying "Windows couldn't complete installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the application." I click OK and then it reboots and gives the same exact (setup is starting services) loading screen screen and the same (windows couldn't complete installation....) I need to desperately use that computer and ANY help right now would be much appreciated.

My specs are:

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Intel core i7 870
Nvidia GT 320 - 1GB
420GB Hard-drive
4GB RAM

Thanks

A:Recovery disk failure!

As you are running Factory Recovery, you should have made your REcovery Disk set in case it failed when run from the Recovery Partition on the HD.

There are a few things you can try. Failure at this stage of install can be a driver hanging during setup. Try using this method to enter the Device Manager during install to uninstall any drivers showing in error - in particular the Display driver is the usual culprit. This may let the install complete so you can update the driver from the desktop.
Device Manager - Access During Windows 7 Installation

If this fails, you'll need to order your Recovery Disk set from Acer Tech Support, or find a Win7 installer for your version to clean reinstall using the Product Key on the COA sticker: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/163643-recovery-disk-failure.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have another computer exactly like the one you'll see under Sleep Recovery Failure my profile however it has a different GB video card that uses only x -pin connector Sleep Recovery Failure a wireless mx keyboard and mouse After sleeping overnight or for extended hours when the mouse is moved the system powers up but the screen stays blank It has to be rebooted and then I get this in Application Event Log The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Windows license validated The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because a composited theme is not in use Some stuff about Win Mail Anybody Know What That's About The COM Event System could not remove the EventSystem EventSubscription object C F E -C A - A-A DE- D B - - - - - - - - - - Object name YahooMessenger ISensLogon Subscription Object description The HRESULT was The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code x The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification Sleep Recovery Failure event Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System winlogon exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Protection service is starting messages The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a notification event Then the mighty Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFFA D BCP BCP BCP FFFFF C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users jennifer AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml I uploaded the dmp file I missed the xml file so I hope you don't need it I had saved the desktop theme but when I looked it was no longer saved so I saved it again I'll keep an eye out to see if the Desktop Theme goes missing again when this happens Any suggestions or thoughts would be great

A:Sleep Recovery Failure

a) You are running the RC 7100. When did you install it?

b) Open the Device Manager. Check any Network Card or Wireless device Power Management properties and disable (do not allow) them to wake the computer.

c) Use MSCONFIG to disable all startup programs. Test to see if problem, continues to occur.

If it does not one of your applications is not playing nicely.

If problem does continue, have you double checked all the device drivers? Espeically mouse and keyboard and video.

Edit: Have you run a virus scan or anti-spyware like Malaware lately?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/20997-sleep-recovery-failure.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've been using a Freecom Classic HD 160gb for about five years now? Recently it has been cutting out and restarting but once it connected again it was fine. Then It cut out today and wouldn't connect. I restarted, tried another computer, used another usb cable but nothing has worked. When I plug it in now, it turns on and the disc spins for a few moments. Windows XP beeps telling me something has been plugged in, but then it shuts off and reboots. Please, please, I have a lot of school work on there that I need for this week not to mention all the data I've collected over the years. If anyone has any suggestions for recovery PLEASE post them.

A:HD Failure? Recovery Options? HELP!

Once this happens, the only way you will get your data is to remove the drive from the case and attach it as a slave if ide or sata if it is a sata. If it is a laptop drive then you need one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-DSC5-3-5-Inch-Converter-Adapter/dp/B000HJ99DI

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-failure-recovery-options-help.779223/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yesterday, I installed a RAM optimizer program and then it slowed down my prcesses. I uninstalled it and then restarted my computer at which point it would automatically logoff. I would login to my user and all it would show was my desktop with no icons. I attempted to run it in safe mode and it would not go through. I decided to run system recovery and it would give me a blue screen with the error message:
"Stop: c0000218 {Registry file failure}
The registry cannot load the hive(file)
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SECURITY
or its log or alternate
It is corrupt absent or not writable"

I do not have the XP startup disk, only the 5 system recovery disks
Please help

A:System Recovery Failure XP

Read here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-recovery-failure-xp.813000/
Relevancy 45.15%

I've tryed reformatting my computer today when i came to this error in a quick flash before it turned of and restarted my computer. "Lsass.exe" ... "Virtual memory" and that's all i could get before it restarted.

Does anybody how to fix this. My virus removal programs simply do not work. Malwarebytes does not do its job.This is my last resort and even it does not work , what can i do?

I really need to figure out how to get that recovery partition back and running before worst comes to worst and my computer becomes obsolete.

A:Recovery partition failure.

Hi,

Can you boot into safe mode ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-partition-failure-482472.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have experienced hard drive failure on my Samsung SATA Drive from my old computer (HP A1540n). I went to plug this HDD into my new computer and I can't get the system to boot. When running the diagnostic I am getting error BIOHD-8. As far as I can tell from the boot sequence, it is set to boot off of the new HDD. The new computer is running Vista 64 and the old HDD is XP 32, not sure if this matters. I wanted to use the old HDD as a secondary in the new computer, but if nothing else I have data I need to recover off of the old HDD.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 45.15%

Hard driver failed.  Installed new one. Got the DVD recovery kit fro HP but recovery attempt failed. ErrorsChkErrBB.CMD: Detect some error during PININST_BBV.ChkErrBB.CMD : Check c:\system.sav\logs\NurnBootWarm.logChkErrBB.CMD: or, check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootMerge.log

A:Recovery attempt failure

The other thing that will stop a recovery dead in its tracks is bad memory. Can you run a memtest in the F2 UEFI diagnostics?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-attempt-failure/td-p/5648734
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an HP G60 - 235WM system which has just had a hard-drive failure.Prior to the failure I attempted to create a recovery disk set but the processcanceled itself in the middle of file creation. Since then I ran a system recovery which appeared to work until the second day when upon bootup I received the imminent disk failure prompt and selecting ignor doesn't do a thing... I have purchased a new drive, but need access to a recovery disk set... I have subsequently purchased another laptop with WIN 8.1 ---- questions Can I create a recovery disk set with the WIN 8.1 that will allow me to recover the original software from the Vista system? or where can I obtain a recovery disk for the Vista system? Note: the failed harddrive can be accessed via USB but will not boot..  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Harddrive Failure --- where to get recovery disks

Hi: You can call HP and see if they still have a set of Vista recovery disks for your model. If not you can get them from this vendor at the link below. http://www.computersurgeons.com/productdetails.aspx?ID=13223 You will not be able to use a recovery disk set you create on a different model PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Harddrive-Failure-where-to-get-recovery-disks/td-p/3643762
Relevancy 44.72%

may be incorrect forum here - have a problem with display driver failure and recovery--have HP desktop computer purchased 4-25-07--worked fine for 2 months and all of a sudden the display driver failed and recovered--have contacted microsoft,hp, intel-its been into the hp shop 4 times-last time bad a code purple --complete melt down--they once again returned pc to me-same display problem--intel no help-they claim this is a software problem-i believe it to be since i also bought a dell with the same problem--help anyone

A:Display driver failure and recovery

Please have a read of this - SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-failure-and-recovery.90479/
Relevancy 44.72%

I keep getting this VPU error recovery failure on both my 9800 Pro and my 9600 Pro on two different MBs. And Yes I have ALL dirvers updated and ALL bios' updated.

Relevancy 44.72%

Help!  Laptop had been updated to Windows 10 but have had issues.  Tried resetting it back to Windows 7 through 10 but would not do so.  Then attempted to use my recovery disk (USB) to reset back to facotry settings.  It stopped 3\4 of the way and said error and took me back to a screen to shut down.  Now upon boot up it states no operating system found.  HP support site takes me in circles with no help.  there appears to be no recovery options.  Does anyone know what I can try next?  HP says at one point to call if not found but then they do not provide a phone number and instead sends me back to the support site. 

A:Recovery failure after a Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,             You have to reinstall the Operating system using the recovery disk (USB) which you have. Since your unit was shipped with Windows 7, so you can reinstall Windows 7 and then you can upgrade to Windows 10. Follow the steps listed in the below link to launch the system recovery using the disk http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-G60-Notebook-PC-series/4074269/model/4121180/document/c018674... Or when the unit turns ON, start tapping ESC key and will get an option to choose a device to boot from. Select the USB drive in which the recovery is stored and then check.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-after-a-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5771305
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello My name is Justin I am a soldier currently deployed in Iraq I purchased a new laptop a couple months ago Here s the information HP Pavilion dv - cl Windows Vista Basic I was having a harddrive problem a few weeks ago A friend of mine gave System Windows Recovery Failure me a hand and I thought the problem was fixed But I suppose it s never that easy I was able to load up to the log-in screen I know my password just fine but their was a problem the with the User Account system that I assume my previous harddrive problem may have caused So I figured I d give the built-in system recovery a try Well hours later it finally finishes The whole recovery process seems to work fine but it didn t turn out so well as I had hoped Here s the error that occured I have the error logs System Recovery Failed RegistryDevicesCheck Result PASSED PININST BBV PININST Mini-FBI starts at Saturday November RunOnceThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot CMD exe c C System sav Util Pre-BBV CMD quot START gt Saturday November Pre-Process gt disabled WOW File Redirection Post-Process gt enabled WOW File Redirection END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot CMD exe c cscript exe nologo C System sav Util TDCTWKs ChangeVol vbs gt gt C System sav Logs ChgVolBB log quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav util TDC MCPP Drivers Modem CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C SWSetup ESUVT ESURun bat quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED Windows System Recovery Failure gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP WLAN CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP WLAN CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP WLAN CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP ChipsetV CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP ChipsetB CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP Video V CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP Video B CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP VID V CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP VID B CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav Util TDC MCPP TVTnr CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav Util TDC MCPP TVTnr CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot C System sav Util TDC MCPP TVTnr CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt RunThese CMD LAUNCHED gt quot System sav Util TDC MCPP Tpad V CMD quot START gt Saturday November END gt Saturday November RESULT gt Command finished in less than seconds gt R... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

I'm having problems using the recovery disk I keep getting an error 0xD000001D then nothing. After some research I've read that my bootmgr file is gone. What do I do to restore to factory again. This is making my brain ache. Any suggestions?

A:Acer Recovery disk failure

You are using the Recovery disk, and getting an error, so I think probably you have already tried doing the Recovery by this method:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631#_ga=1.57050666.1226449143.1418147200

After reading about and trying that method-

If nothing at the above helps......, I have seen situations that require the hard drive to be formatted and have all the extra partitions deleted.... I usually do this using a spare tower, connecting the SATA cables with the drive just hanging out of the tower, boot up the spare tower and enter BIOS if neccesary to enable the new SATA port....which may not be enabled unless you do so manually.... then, once booted up, download the correct manufacturer's utility to completely erase the hard drive UNLESS ..... you still have files on the drive you need to rescue, do that first! then delete all partitions and format the hard drive once or twice. Put it back in the original location, have the Acer Disk 1 in the drive and try to start a new full Recovery, pick the "Restore Operating System to Factory Default" or similar item and try.

I should also mention that you can also use the manufacturer's utility to test the hard drive..... if it produces a SMART or other failure use a different hard drive. The original computer may have Acer Diagnostics which you can often reach when you start up, it's usually done by pressing a key at bootup, like F12 or F10, look at the top right of screen for selection choices to get to Diags.

The F8 keypress menu at bootup may also give you a Diagnostics item.....good luck. Don;t try anything unless you are sure you do have any files off the drive that you want to keep. It's quite easy to connect the drive to another computer and often the drive will be able to let you copy or move items even though it cannot boot up.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-recovery-disk-failure.1138926/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Sony Vaio Pcg-rx850 with Windows XP and had to use my recovery discs to reinstall all system software. After that I had no audio. Have tried Sony troubleshooter, checked plug in to back of modem. Have tried updating driver and nothing works. Volume controls are not muted and are turned up.
HELP!!!!!!

Relevancy 44.72%

The day before yesterday, i got an error "Active desktop recovery" on my desktop and stuck to it.Below it there is 'restore my active desktop' but clicking on it returns nothing but a script error and asks 'do you want to keep running script on this page?' if i press yes or no it results nothing.
I have tried number of solutions but all in vain.
As per the company policy we don't have access to registry editor and hence i am not able to apply any suggestion involving regedit.
I have tried copying the desktop.htt file from the user 'Administrator' but that also is not working because when i log off and log on again it generates new desktop.htt.
I dont know what to do.
kindly help.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,
My almost fresh win 7 install crashes continiously
The Bsod blinks for a second (saying blahblah - I noticed no error codes), then system restarts
None of recovery methods will work, system restore gives 0x8000ffff error,
Startuprepair fails to fix the problem, saying

Quote:

Problem 04 signature: 21199452 (google shows NO results for this)

05 Signature: AutoFailover

06 signature differs: 8\13\...

07 signature: norootcause

This won't work-

Code:
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
gives Windows installations 0

this won't work either -
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

This, however, finds Windows installation,

Code:
Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

Bootrec /rebuildbcd
Yet after that the same BSOD blinks and everything fails
ah, btw, running bootrec /scanos returns NO Windows installations

I am sick and tired, help me please

A:BSOD-> ->Startup recovery failure

Quote: Originally Posted by ilgeor

Hi all,
My almost fresh win 7 install crashes continiously
The Bsod blinks for a second (saying blahblah - I noticed no error codes), then system restarts
None of recovery methods will work, system restore gives 0x8000ffff error,
Startuprepair fails to fix the problem, saying

Quote:

Problem 04 signature: 21199452 (google shows NO results for this)

05 Signature: AutoFailover

06 signature differs: 8\13\...

07 signature: norootcause

This won't work-

Code:
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
gives Windows installations 0

this won't work either -
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

This, however, finds Windows installation,

Code:
Bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

Bootrec /rebuildbcd
Yet after that the same BSOD blinks and everything fails
ah, btw, running bootrec /scanos returns NO Windows installations

I am sick and tired, help me please

What is the Bugcheck code? Can you tell us? Better, can you take a picture of the BSOD screen and upload it here?

Also, do you have access to another computer right now? If so, download Partition wizard Bootable CD (the last one in the link). Burn it in a blank CD or in a USB flash stick.

Boot into Partition Wizards GUI following this instructions. When you are on the last screen, take a camera snap of the screen and upload the snap here.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331659-bsod-startup-recovery-failure.html
Relevancy 44.72%

After recently upgrading to Windows Ultimate -bit first my old graphics card melted which I successfully replaced and now my motherboard recently crapped itself I've replaced it with a different motherboard and had to upgrade my RAM but still retained the old CPU Windows now won't load I presume because the existing drivers are incompatible I am really really keen not to have to do a failure and recovery 7 Motherboard Windows complete reinstall of Windows because my wife has all her Outlook contacts Motherboard failure and Windows 7 recovery on the HD and hasn't backed them up and she will make my life a complete misery if I can't recover them However I notice there is no 'rebuild' function for Windows I have been led to believe that if I delete the old MoBo and RAM drivers then Windows is clever enough to load without them and download new ones from the Internet but am unsure how to go about this None of the safe mode functions seem to allow this I also understand that the Windows OEM might not accept my old product key but would be happy if I even got to that stage at this point I'm sure I'm not the first for this to have happened Has anyone else come up with a creative solution

A:Motherboard failure and Windows 7 recovery

Hello,

These 2 threads have a lot of info.

Upgrading motherboard on Windows 7

New Motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/94883-motherboard-failure-windows-7-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Unfortunately like many other posts I have seen, my laptop has been operating extremely slow. It recently will not boot.Hard drive DST test code 6c54xs-5kp85p-xd014j-60ul03.Is there any way to recovery data from drive? We have a backup but it is a little dated.Thanks for the input.

A:Hard Drive Failure and Recovery?

slprrex Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about needing to recover data from your hard drive and wanted to help.As long as the drive spins up, there is always a chance of recovering some of the data. What you will need to do is the following:1) Remove the drive from the laptop2) Connect the drive to a working PC using a USB-to-HDD adapter3) Install data recovery software on the working PC4) Run that software to retrieve files and folders from the drive. In terms of data recovery software, here is a free one: Recover Data in 3 Steps With MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition - MajorGeeks If that doesn't find what you need, this is a better app but it is only free to try out: [email protected] File Recovery searches for lost & deleted files, recovers damaged volumes, disks & RAIDs Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Drive-Failure-and-Recovery/td-p/5675773