Windows Support Forum

NAS RAID failure - recovery?

Q: NAS RAID failure - recovery?

Good morning everyone I don t have much experience or knowledge in the world of RAID arrays and I recently had a power surge that burned my NAS I have an Intel SS -E NAS box with TB drives set up in a RAID- It was running fine and having experienced a drive failure event due to my careless handling of the power cord failure RAID - NAS recovery? proved to me its ability to rebuild a drive from the other three Unfortunately a recent power surge literally burned the box I ve taken it in to get analyzed by some HDD repair amp recovery people but I have no frame of reference NAS RAID failure - recovery? for this Story is thus NAS RAID failure - recovery? After the surge I was able to login to the dashboard app of the box via my network It reported all drives as failed and provided no further information The repair guy is saying that of the drives are fine while the other have electronic mechanical failures in addition the RAID chip on the NAS box was fried Those three things have to be repaired in order to even begin drive rebuilding His quote for repair amp recovery was in the vicinity of My first question is whether or not this is a reasonable price My second pertains to the Parity structure of the RAID setup Because the system can lose out of drives and still retain data integrity is it possible to only repair one of my failed drives and rebuild with those three I m thinking that would bring the cost down And realistically what percentage of data am I likely to recover I d appreciate some help on this as I m completely in the dark about all of this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NAS RAID failure - recovery?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NAS RAID failure - recovery?

one hd is the parity drive; if it's gone - - so are you. sorry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-raid-failure-recovery.148362/
Relevancy 22.79%

When booting up my computer, directly after auto-detecting SATA devices, my computer regularly gives me an error that alternately reads "Primary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume..." or "Secondary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume..." Sometimes the word "Slave" or "Master" are there after the words "Primary" or "Secondary" in there as well. While the content of the message varies, the result is usually the same: The startup process lags after auto-detecting the drives, then gives me this error.

I have three SATA hard drives and a DVD drive plugged in to my mb via SATA. When no HDD are detached, but I have boot media in the DVD drive, the computer starts up quickly and normally, with no errors. When any or all of the HDDs are plugged in, I receive the above error. I borrowed a HDD from my roommate, plugged it in, attempted to boot up and still received the error. None of the HDD are bad, and it would be a pretty big coincidence for all four I've tested to fail at once.

What could the problem be?

A:Primary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume

UPDATE:

When I plug in just one or two of the HDD + the DVD drive, the computer boots fine. When I plug in three HDD + DVD drive, failure! Do I perhaps need to upgrade my power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-hard-disk-failure-press-f1-to-resume.208761/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys, I have set up a RAID 0 array using an XFX Revo64 controller card and the Netcell bios setup that cones with it. According to the Netcell bios the array is working but booting into 8.1 I cannot find the drive in explorer and device manager shows the Revo64 as "Generic Mass Storage Controller ".

I am very new to Raid this is the first array I have tried to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Jay

A:Windows 8.1 cannot find RAID array

Why not use the RAID card as more sata ports and then use windows to make your RAID array? I've never used a controller but im sure that it would work for that purpose.
just go on youtube and find a video on how to setup RAID in windows 8. I know its possible for windows 7 to im pretty sure 8.1 will have it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-cannot-find-raid-array.208501/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,
For my next upgrade [Some time around march,Just getting the shopping etc done now] I was thinking of increasing the boot times save times etc. My first thought was. Just get a ssd and plonk it into my system. By then I realised a raid card and Multiple HDD's would be a better option with more storage and more speed [in theory] so I've found a raid card.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCI-Inter...d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=360559937654&rt=nc
My only query is that I wont be able to setup RAID 10 with 320Gb and 300mb/s or RAID 0 with 720Gb and 600mb/s and have my OS put onto this setup. [My motherboard (g33mo3 foxconn board) does NOT support RAID to my knowledge(Feel free to correct me if you know different)] so would this card be able to boot from the HDD's attatched in RAID10 / RAID 0
Thanks.
P.S should I go with a faster and more storage or more reliable and less power etc...

Thank you again
~Joseph

A:Raid card

If you're going to go RAID don't do it with the cheapest RAID controller money can buy. I can almost guarantee you won't have a great experience if you do. I've never seen a good $10 RAID controller before (unless times have really changed) and the controller you linked only has 2 SATA ports so you won't be setting up RAID10. RAID10 requires at minimum 4 drives.

nevermind - upon closer inspection it does have 4 SATA ports - but I still think if you're going to go with a RAID controller you should get a higher quality one than this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-card.208527/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've never seen this before. It just popped up a bit ago on my W7 pc.

What does it mean? I hope its nothing bad.

A:RAID error?

I found this in a google search http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/AMD-RAIDXpert-Warning-Errors/td-p/342708

I've known this pc has RAID on it because everytime it reboots/boots up it shows it. I've had this pc for two years this month & just hoping nothing bad is happening.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-error.207317/
Relevancy 20.21%

I had a new PC so I thought I would do a recovery disk on a separate partition of my parent's disk. Turns out windows wipes out everything regardless of partition when it does that. So now lifelong memories are gone and I'm freaking out! I used EaseUS to make different partitions which were deleted. After I found that the partition I chose stayed the same size but was renamed RECOVERY and it had the recovery data in it. However the rest was "unused" and so I dragged the RECOVERY to make full use of the disk and then I started scanning it deeply with hard drive recovery software. I am now through scanning with my 2nd program now (1st one didn't give me the files I needed) and I'm using RecoverMyFiles. The problem is I'm not really getting back any of the files I had deleted by windows, but I get some stupid windows files which were probably deleted in the recovery process!! PLEASE help me!!! I am desperate. Future hanging in balance thank you.

A:Recovering Lifelong Memories from Windows Recovery-Wiped External Hard Drive

There are quite a few programs you could try, I have had most success with Recuva by Piriform, but recently this program was said to be excellent by a user,
http://www.ylcomputing.com/content/view/350/153/
Obviously it's worthwhile trying both of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-lifelong-memories-from-windows-recovery-wiped-external-hard-drive.207350/
Relevancy 27.52%

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

A:Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

Quick question and I believe the answer is NO. If you have a PC with one drive where OS is already running and configured, can you add another identical drive and configure RAID 1 without having to reinstall or reformat anything?

Thanks

A:Setting up RAID 1 on already running OS drive

Hey there, pioneerx01!

Unfortunately, you can't convert a single drive into a RAID array without data loss. At least one sector will be overwritten, which will cause problems because the file system and partition information will not be correct anymore. This will lead to a lot of annoying notifications and very unpleasant problems.
However, I believe there's a chance to create RAID arrays while keeping the data but I'd strongly advise against it.
The best way to deal with this is the safe way - back up your data and properly create the RAID 1 array.

Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-raid-1-on-already-running-os-drive.205730/
Relevancy 21.93%

I had a drive go south on me, looks like the MBR, MFT, and the backups for them got trashed on the drive after a reboot. The drive itself still is fully operational, and my usual go to software, ZAR, unfortunately is not doing the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to try?

A:Suggestions to recovery from bad MBR/MFT?

I've used a program called testdisk to repair a messed up MFT, it's free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-recovery-from-bad-mbr-mft.204862/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I have a Verbatim Store n' go ex hard drive which used to work perfectly with usb 3.0 and 2.0. A few weeks ago it stopped working with 2.0 and now not even with 3.0. When I plug it in the hard disk starts to rotate and lights up normally, but is never shown on the drive list. The computer doesn't even do the beep sound when a usb device is connected. I tried on 2 different pc's but they show no result.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-failure.204788/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 23.65%

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

A:My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Dell Precision T which I just purchased off of Ebay Recognized Possible Hard Formation, Second Not Drive Raid It came with gb of ram and gb hard drives installed In quot my computer quot it shows drive quot c quot but not the second drive This computer supports raid configurations but when I received it it had no operating system installed I installed windows ultimate bit This computer has quad core processors and I have been noticing a Possible Raid Formation, Second Hard Drive Not Recognized slower response time lately which leads me to believe it may be in one of the raid modes even though they are supposed to be faster most of the time Possible Raid Formation, Second Hard Drive Not Recognized I went into the bios and the setting it is on is to automatically detect raid configuration in the drives and if not detected the regular mode I read some information about raid setup and cannot find the software quot Intel Matrix Storage Console quot on the computer to help verify or change settings Could this be an extra program like drivers that are downloaded from the Dell website because they don t normally come with a regular windows install If someone is familiar with configuring raid formations could you please help me determine what my system is set on and how to set it properly I would be satisfied to not have raid active as I don t need that kind of constant backup My work is not that important I can back up important files in other ways nbsp

A:Possible Raid Formation, Second Hard Drive Not Recognized

What shows up in the Disk Manager vs the Device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-raid-formation-second-hard-drive-not-recognized.202015/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

Old Dell computer running Windows XP that was never backed up and I am trying to recover files and photos. I get NTLDR is missing when I boot. I've used Testdisk/Photorec to try to recover my data but when going through the recovered data it seems to be all system files that I know nothing about. I used Ubuntu on the Dell to run Testdisk. I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.I also ran a NTLDR boot disk but ended up with the same NTLDR is missing message. I dont have a XP recovery disk. Anybody that has had this issue please help!

A:NTLDR is missing. Hard Drive Failure.

Trobles86 said:

I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.Click to expand...

If you have access to another PC or laptop then you can connect the hard drive in to that machine and get the files you wanted to recover from your hard drive in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntldr-is-missing-hard-drive-failure.203104/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have 64bit Win7 Home. My C: boot drive is a 120GB SSD with most of my programs installed on an ordinary HDD, saving the SSD for frequently used stuff.

I bought a duplicate SSD (same brand/size/model) for the purpose of creating a Raid-0 array.

I've backed up everything on my SSD, but how do I restore it once I setup the Raid?

Thx.

A:Moving single C: drive to Raid-0

Copy/paste?

Or create image of the SSD, then apply it to the raid partition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-single-c-drive-to-raid-0.203051/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I have an external array on Raid GPT 5 Damaged hardware Raid array consisting of x TB drives yielding little over TB of formatted space connected over eSATA The array has about TB of data on it One sad afternoon I was copying some data when my computer decided to freeze It did not quot un-freez quot itself in timely manner so I was forced to manually reboot After the reboot all came back online but the windows gave me message that if I want to use the disk RAID array I will have to format it Needless to say I turned pale The RAID utility shows the raid as intact with no errors The Windows recognizes the quot drive quot and does assign it a letter but I cannot access it it wants Damaged GPT on Raid 5 array a format The disk manager recognizes the quot drive quot as healthy but in RAW file format I have used Active Partition Recovery freeware on it and it does recognize the quot drive quot partition and all the files folders can t copy and paste them figures However in the properties it states the the GPT is damaged All the data is there but I can t get to it or get it out What are my options at this point Thanks Desperate and pale Pioneer nbsp

A:Damaged GPT on Raid 5 array

Please note that anything you try to do now can cause more damage.

Give TestDisk a try. its free opensource software free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software: certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/damaged-gpt-on-raid-5-array.202439/
Relevancy 26.23%

The computer has 2 750gb hard drives in it but I noticed it was awful slow for a dual quad core computer with win 7 64 bit and 16gb of ram so I checked in the bios and I don't really see a way to turn it completely off unless the hard drives are reformatted in some way. If someone is familiar with this problem please help. I have disconnected one drive and re-installed windows on the other for now.

A:How do I turn off raid mode on a Dell Precision T5400

You can't just take drives that have a RAID array on them and expect them to work when you turn RAID off. You'll need to re-format.

Anyway, the Dell BIOS has an option for HDD mode, it's in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-raid-mode-on-a-dell-precision-t5400.202235/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

My internal HDD failed due to a sudden power outage. I can hear beeping sounds like the motor is trying to spin the drive up and failing to do so. This drive contains all my important data ( documents, photos and videos), I'm thinking of taking it to a data recovery center, How much would it cost me for a data recovery service? I've been recommended to WeRecoverData data recovery labs by an IT person, Anyone have experience with them? Any help advice? Thanks in advance.

A:HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Likely thousands. Hopefully in the future you will make backups of important data.

If it was killed by the power outage, you can probably fix it yourself by purchasing the exact same drive on ebay or wherever and swap the PCB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-beeping-whats-the-best-data-recovery-option.201578/
Relevancy 21.5%

What command do I type in Command Prompt if I want to use Last Known Good configuration

A:Laptop recovery issue

Boot into Safe Mode (F8), that's where the option is located

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recovery-issue.201476/
Relevancy 21.93%

Friends and neighbors, last March I had such a system crash that, due to the number of bad HD sectors, I had to replace the HD. The HD with my various tools was not even detectable. My system ran Windows 7 64-Bit and IE9. The computer is an MSI notebook. Anyway, while doing some searching to diagnose another problem, I registered for this site after seeing Puppy Linux, whose page I saved to my Favorites. Having kept the old HD, in case I could salvage any data, is it possible for me to use Puppy Linux on that old HD? Thanks. Your answers will be a great help.

A:Data Recovery Possible?

Hey Louis. We don't know how bad the drive is, but you can try putting the drive in a USB enclosure, formatting it, then install Puppy Linux on it, since apparently Puppy Linux doesn't require a lot of space and can also be run from RAM according to the Wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_Linux

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-possible.200262/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a problem with a batch of Dell optiplex 980's, for some reason the Main boards fail at a alarming rate.

According to Dell it is the memory controller that fails.

Error Lights 1,3,4 are on nothing on screen, power led solid blue about 10 error beeps!

Dell tech replaced the main boards and all is fine for a while but same problem persists.

Also according to Dell level 6 tech, it could be over heating, I had some fun proving them wrong, two PC's sealed in a box , hammering them, Temp between 85 Celsius - 90 Celsius in the sealed enclosure, optical drive started melting, cooled the PC's for a day and powered back on, no problems!!

Does any one out there maybe have a issue similar to this on the optiplex 980, main board failures?

A:Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Dell Optiplex 980 Lights 134 on no screen

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Turned PC on this morning lights 134 on plus blue power light but no screen at all. Still under warranty, phoning dell in the morning - I will keep you posted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-failure-issue-on-dell-optiplex-980.169232/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Have a new Dell XPS th gen i The motherboard is Intel Series C - Z I have one TB Seagate drive which has Windows on it and two WD active but 1 see does RAID it? not Rapid Storage Intel TB internal hard drives I formatted both WDs and selected RAID in BIOS I selected the WD HDs to create a RAID array with CTRL I Windows didn t recognize them so I went to disk management and created a simple volume The volume was formatted not quick format and now it shows as Healthy Partition I guess it is ready to use because now Windows Explorer RAID 1 active but Intel Rapid Storage does not see it? shows it as one HD TB in size My question is Intel Rapid Storage keeps popping up the you may have an issue with your hardware I go take a look at it and the only drives that are shown are the original TB system drive and the DVD drive No sign of RAID 1 active but Intel Rapid Storage does not see it? the RAID volume I hit refresh but it does not show up I go to System Report and all HDs show up What do you think is happening How can I have Rapid Storage show the RAID volume I already updated Rapid Storage to the latest version Thank you in advance Below is what the System Report shows System Report System Information OS name Microsoft Windows OS version System name WINDOWS-U I N System manufacturer Dell Inc System model XPS Processor GenuineIntel Intel Family Model Stepping GHz BIOS Dell Inc A Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Information Kit installed User interface version Language English United States Driver version ISDI version Storage System Information Controller name Intel R Series C Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Type SATA Mode AHCI Number of SATA ports Number of volumes Volume Volume Number of spares Number of available disks Rebuild on Hot Plug Disabled Manufacturer Model number Product revision Direct attached disk Z D P XK Direct attached disk WD-WMAWP Direct attached disk WD-WMAWP Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk Yes Disk data cache Enabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model ST DM - CH Serial number Z D P XK SCSI device ID Firmware CC Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk No Disk data cache Disabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model WDC WD FAEX- BA Serial number WD-WMAWP SCSI device ID Firmware D Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk No Disk data cache Disabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model WDC WD FAEX- BA Serial number WD-WMAWP SCSI device ID Firmware D Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes ATAPI device on Controller Port Location type Internal SATA transfer rate Gb s Model TSSTcorp DVD -RW SH- DB Serial number S Q YBD ANS Firmware D nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-active-but-intel-rapid-storage-does-not-see-it.199550/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have owned my computer for years for my birthday However in May I began having some issues When I would power on the computer the display would not turn on After a few restarts the display began to work again The display was connected to my Gigabyte GeForce GTX TI I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked fine This issue stopped for some time until one month ago The issue reoccurred and would not correct itself after multiple reboots I removed the graphics card and plugged the display into the motherboard and it worked fine I then cleaned my computer RAM slots and graphics card port After this I retried my graphics card and it has been working fine up until this point Last night I unplugged the peripherals USB keyboard mouse and headphones then plugged them back in turned my computer off and went to bed I did this because they were generating too much light motherboard failure Possible when I Possible motherboard failure was sleeping When I awoke this morning I turned my computer on but my headphones began crackling and the sound cut out occasionally I then tried another port and got a Windows message stating that there was a malfunction I have tried other devices in this port since and they work fine possible headphones broken - yet to try on another computer I powered off my computer then back on to find my graphics card no longer worked same situation as described above I have ensured the GFX card is plugged in correctly Here are my specs Motherboard ASUS P H -MLE CPU Intel Core i - GHz GFX card Gigabyte GeForce GTX TI OS Windows Home Premium RAM gig I don t mind if it is the GFX card I am looking at another one for my birthday but I don t have the money to buy both a motherboard AND a GFX card Please help me Jessica nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-motherboard-failure.199227/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a 4 bay Synology NAS that I need to setup. I plan to use the Synology Hybrid RAID option and need to decide if I want 1 or 2 disk redundancy upfront since you cannot convert between the two once you start. I know RAID does not serve the function of a backup so if this is for simple hardware failure protection what advice do you have? I plan to use the WD RED series of drives and my experience with WD over twenty years and about 6 home built PCs has been very good so I am leaning towards 1 drive redundancy unless someone can give me a good reason to go with two.

A:Hybrid RAID, 1 or 2 disk redundant

Just to be clear, your asking about one array Raid 1 (with two disks in it) versus two arrays of Raid 1 with two disks each.
Attempting "1 drive redundancy" with only one physical hd is illogical and invalid.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hybrid-raid-1-or-2-disk-redundant.198554/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently had my cpu fan fail, I woke up to a bios message indicating CPU fan error, and of course when I check it, it was just kinda twitching around. I'm not sure how long the computer was powered up with that error message, but I suspect it was around 5-6 hours. Windows was running beforehand. But since replacing the fan I've noticed the performance has dropped a little bit and the system isn't as stable as it used to be, but its not consistent. I have small issues such as short and random freezing for a couple seconds, and the computer doesn't wake from sleep mode. These didn't start happening until after the cpu fan failure and I was wondering how likely is it that there is some cpu damage?

A:CPU damage after fan failure?

You are kind of lucky That it still works. You may want to remove the CPU and apply some new thermal compound. This may help you out with the problem. Plus I am sure some one here might have a few suggestion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-damage-after-fan-failure.194161/
Relevancy 23.22%

Recently I was doing a research about a memory update for my G - LA Notebook and in many websites including the Netbook User s Manual I found that this Notebook could be upgraded up to Gb of memory So Upgrading Notebook Failure G42-365LA HP Memory I bought two RAM memories of Gb each one SoDIMM DDR PC - MHz according to researched specifications But the thing is that when I installed them I couldn t enter into the OS it sent me to the Windows Error Recovery window directly and whichever option I choose it reboots and it keeps doing that Well I tried installing just one memory alone and the result is different it came up with the BSOD giving me different errors each time I reboot the Netbook These errors are BAD POOL HEADER PFN LIST CORRUPT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I ve tried to reinstall the OS with memories installed but the result is the same My Notebook is a HP G - LA Windows Home Premium x Service Pack Intel Core i CPU M GHz I don t know if I was cheated by the manufacturer website and or the others websites that s why I need your help P S When I installed just one memory module I can see The Windows intro logo but just for two seconds or so And I tried to install quot Ubuntu desktop amd x quot with just one Gb memory module inserted and everything was good but it wasn t with the two cards installed nbsp

A:Upgrading Memory Failure HP G42-365LA Notebook

One of the stick of ram maybe bad. Try them each one at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-failure-hp-g42-365la-notebook.197400/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I have an active post in quot other hardware quot Here is my situation Hello all I am new here and so this is my first thread I have peiced computers together in the past but I am by no means a pro or even a talented enthusiest What I am trying to do now is more of an upgrade I with drives Problem RAID bought a computer from ADK in It is a video audio computer and ADK did a great job I would highly reccommend them If I wasn t trying to save some money I would go back to them but I am trying to do this as inexpensively as possible meaning I would like to keep as much as I can from this computer to Problem with RAID drives use Here is what I currently have Antec Titon case with Thermalake w Intel board DP DP PCIe IDE xSATA Glan xUSB xTI Problem with RAID drives firewire Intel Quad Core Q GHz FSB MB Cache Coolmaster Mars - RR-CCX-W U -GP fan Vantec mm Stealth fans - very quiet SuperTalent DDR PC CL pin RAM GBx HD Seagate GB ATA rpm Raid zero array Seagate x Seagate GB x Video XFX nVidia GeForce GTS MB PCIe MHz DVI HDCP PCIe PIONEER DVR B Dual Layer DVD-RW drive Windows XP Pro bit Monitors I want to replace the MB with a Z MB and the CPU with an i K I will need to upgrade the RAM to DDR Preferably GB I want to change the OS to Windows Pro bit Here are my newb questions Will I need to replace my Video card Can I use the same case and fans Can I use the same HDs and the same RAID Array I know nothing about RAID I was hoping to not have to replace anything more than the MB CPU RAM and OS I do want to replace the DVD for a blu ray burner Can anyone spot something I may be missing Here is my current problem now that I have built the PC s The problem is now the ADK PC doesn t recognize the hard drives It sees the SSD drive I have checked the drives with an external SATA harness BlacX box and the drives are not bad but it tells me I need to format them I have music and video I don t can t loose I am afraid to set the bios to disable RAID for fear of loosing files I don t know which drives are RAID I just loaded the drives into the goof-off PC and moved the data from one drive to the other although some files would not move This probably means it is a raid drive and these files are saved across multiple drives Am I right in assuming that these drives are not recognized because of the RAID setup I am trying to save what I can but does this mean I need to re-format these drives Thanks for all the help What do you guys think I don t really understand RAID Does anyone have experience with undoing a raid configuration Thanks Terry nbsp

A:Problem with RAID drives

This article may help: http://www.pcworld.com/article/258960/how_to_undo_raid_best_practices.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-raid-drives.192361/
Relevancy 23.22%

Checking file system on C The type to failure? close Hard Drive of the file system is NTFS Volume label is JARVIS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad Hard Drive close to failure? file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index Hard Drive close to failure? entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of files processed File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of free clusters processed Free space verification is complete Adding bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info a d e f Q J- c Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts and also ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskInfo Shizuku Edition C - hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World http crystalmark info ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- OS Windows Home Premium SP Build x Date -- Controller Map ---------------------------------------------------------- Intel R Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller ATA - ST LM HN-M MBB - HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GT N -- Disk List --------------------------------------------------------------- ST LM HN-M MBB GB pd - st ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ST LM HN-M MBB ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model ST LM HN-M MBB Firmware AR Serial Number S TBJ C Disk Size GB Buffer Size KB Queue Depth of Sectors Rotation Rate RPM Interface Serial ATA Major Version ATA -ACS Minor Version ATA -ACS version Transfer Mode SATA Power On Hours hours Power On Count count Temparature C F Health Status Caution Features S M A R T APM AAM bit LBA NCQ APM Level h OFF AAM Level FE h ON -- S M A R T -------------------------------------------------------------- ID Cur Wor Thr RawValues Attribute Name Read Error Rate Throughput Performance D B Spin-Up Time CD Start Stop Count Reallocated Sectors Count Seek Error Rate Seek Time Performance Power-On Hours A Spin Retry Count B Recalibration Retries C D Power Cycle Count D Soft Read Error Rate stab B F EA Unknown BF F G-Sense Error Rate C Power-off Retract Count C C Load Unload Cycle Count C F Temperature C Hardware ECC recovered C Reallocation Event Count C Current Pending Sector Count C Uncorrectable Sector Count C UltraDMA CRC Error Count C Write Error Rate F Head Flying Hours F CE Total Host Writes F BAF ED Total Host Reads FE Free Fall Protection -- IDENTIFY DEVICE --------------------------------------------------------- FFF C F A C D E D D D F FFF F BFC F FFFF FFF F F C C FF B F BE F C C FFFE FE DB CF AB DF C C F F F A -- SMART READ DATA --------------------------------------------------------- A B C D E F F FC FC B D CD FC FC E FC FC FC FC A FC FC B C D D A B A E F BF A F C FC FC B C D D C C C F C A D C FC FC E C F C FC FC C C C C A F F E E E C F B ED F BA FE FC FC F B E A B C D E ... Read more

A:Hard Drive close to failure?

Why is it 47C? What are the SMART errors causing it to say 'caution'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-close-to-failure.196307/
Relevancy 23.22%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer battery was replaced by a family member and when I boot up my PC which took about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. I noticed that the 2 harddrives were displayed in the bios as raid drives. The 2 harddrives are SATA. However in Windows when I right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager they appear as NTFS format.

I sure that this configuration has something to do with response.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to restore my raid drive back to 2 harddrives under NTFS without loosing my data. I would prefer a software tool or a step by step solution since I am not comfortable with manually making changes to computer settings.
Thank you for your advice in advance to this frustrating problem
Regards
Ntracs (Joe)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-raid-harddrives-back-to-ntfs-with-software-tools.196141/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have 2 gb kingston SD memory card, which is password locked, now I forgot the password, how to unlock it? Plz help me in this regards.

A:SD card Password recovery

Go for Unistal port locker

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sd-card-password-recovery.195633/
Relevancy 21.93%

Dear fellows:
My pc had BIOS breakdown due to unstable electricity.. I took it to a shop, they installed BIOS but it was a wrong version.. The mainboard is D945GCNL but they installed BIOS for D945GCCR.. Everything is working good, except LAN card driver is not installing.. I tried alot to recover it to its own version, but all in vein..
Please help me..

A:BIOS recovery

Have you told the shop that they installed the wrong BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-recovery.194336/
Relevancy 22.36%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am soon building a small server computer and for this computer, I am getting 2 7200rpm drives. I am going to setup raid 1 for these 2 drives so if one fails, I have the other. I have never used any raid arrays before so I was wondering if it was worth getting a raid card supporting raid 1, or should I just stick with software raid. What are the downsides of using both? Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Is a raid card worth it?

jobeard Will probably know best, but I can offer the little insight I know. RAID cards tend to be expensive, so that is something to take into consideration. Software RAIDs tend to slow down the CPU since the CPU must spend computing power driving the virtual (emulator) RAID array. I would personally avoid RAID, but for reliability purposes especially on servers, it may be worth looking into.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-raid-card-worth-it.193182/
Relevancy 21.93%

Up until days ago my laptop was working fine Then all of a sudden while transferring files to external hard drive it just froze and that was pretty much the end of it It got to the point where this would keep happening and I know help recovery Need data with it s not good but I ended up just forcing the computer to shut down by pressing the power Need help with data recovery button then the computer wouldn t even boot up I ended up just buying a new laptop btw the external hard drive from my old laptop works fine I bought a hard drive enclosure for the old hard drive from my old laptop to recover some data the hard drive shows up as LOCAL DISK on the new computer but it freezes up when I try to access it everything else on the new computer working fine and can t even eject it Whenever I try to do something with the old hard drive it just takes a long time or there s no response or it freezes It even prevents my new computer from booting up or shutting down Is it hopeless to retrieve some data from this drive or is it a lost cause Really appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

A:Need help with data recovery

The drive may have some sort of malware on it. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and run a custom scan on the drive. If it comes up clear, it may have errors. We will proceed from there after you have completed the scan. Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-data-recovery.191310/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello Today my WD Raptor decided to die all of a sudden while using my computer it just froze up blue screen on me and reboot then keeps looping I do regular backups so I have quot most quot of my data on my external drives but this happened so suddenly that I have some recent excel files and pictures that are not on my last backup and I would really like to recover those files I run DFT and result was some sector logical failure I remove the drive installed on another computer and I can see the drive but every time I double click on it I got the message quot You need to format the disk in drive D before you can use died, data Raptor need recovery WD it quot and sometimes when I click on the drive I got quot D is not accessible Data error cyclic redundancy check quot Disk management sees the drive as quot Active Primary Partition quot but still can t open it from there I haven t format it yet but I wonder if there is a way to access it somehow to retrieve the data or the only way is WD Raptor died, need data recovery to format it to access it and then use some software to recover the files Suggestions opinions what do you guys think what options do I have Thanks in advance for all the input nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-raptor-died-need-data-recovery.191410/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I have a TOSHIBA GB I had much important project data on it and I did the most terrible mistake of my life not to back it up when all my other HDD datas are double if not triple backedup stick data recovery Memory It was working fine till late night till in the morning when I plugged it on my computer it told me it Memory stick data recovery sholud be formatted first The drive letter doesn t show up on My computer nor in My devices I tried using the EaseUS Data Recovery sample version but it too cant detect the drive I went through the flash drive data recovery procedure in this forum but I do not understand that if I format the drive the data will be gone Again I do not have a backup to copy it again I dont want to recover using the drive but just the data Please please please help someone if such a thing is possible Its almost months of my hard work An update Now its appearing as Removable disk on my computer and if I click on it its saying insert disk into drive F If I try exploring it the format option is appearing Please please help I need the data nbsp

Relevancy 20.21%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 27.09%

My in-laws have an older Dell desktop PC running XP and recently are getting a message telling them that one of the drivers in the raid array is bad. It looks like there are 2 drives '0' and '1' and the #1 is the bad drive. They are both the stock 250GB WD hard drives that came with the machine. Do I need to replace it with the exact same drive or will any SATA 250GB work? Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks

A:Bad drive in RAID array

Check the specs of the failed hd (ie make/model) online to verify *IF* yours is hot pluggable - - you should match the specs
of the failed device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-drive-in-raid-array.189956/
Relevancy 23.65%

Here is a video of what happens:

Whenever I try to game longer than 10 minutes on this rig I JUST built, my PSU starts flickering like a strobe light and then my computer freezes. Sometimes it will display a random color though out the whole screen, or just go black. I have checked all my temperatures when this occurs and they are all well below average. I have ALL the latest drivers/windows updates.

In this case like many others, my screen goes black for a few seconds but then recoveres, only to have terrible FPS (I usually get 80+).

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (LGA 2011)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 3GB (Factory SuperClocked)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

PSU: Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W

MB: ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

What should I do?

A:PSU flickering leads to GPU failure

I dunno about the rest, but don't you have to populate all 4 RAM slots?

And seriously, Win7 32 bit? Or was that a mistake..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-flickering-leads-to-gpu-failure.188949/
Relevancy 21.93%

Got a customer that came in with a External HDD To cut a long story short basically what is going on is that recovery 2.5" HDD Windows doesn t recognize the drive being there under Computer but under Disk Management the drive is there I ve taken the drive out of its enclosure and directly input the SATA connector to the Mobo but under Disk Management its not assigned a letter and the name is actually blank I ve already tried to assign it a letter but it unfortunately doesn t allow me to do that 2.5" HDD recovery So to recap Disk Management see s it but Computer doesn t So what I have done so far to try to fix this problem is first I ran Spinrite ran it at level and it couldn t fix the issue Second I have tried the freezer trick none of those worked Now the drive isn 2.5" HDD recovery t making any obvious sounds no clicking or whirling sounds Sounds like a functioning drive and spins up just fine Id try to do a CheckDisk but id need to be able to assign it a letter to command chkdsk to fix volumes F amp R on that drive to work If anybody has any work around or a temporary hotfix for me id appreciate it I only need it to work once to be able to transfer files over onto my Tech HDD nbsp

A:2.5" HDD recovery

Nevermind, after hours upon hours of grueling testing and troubleshooting I found that the problem was that it was a HDD for a mac/linux. I had to go into unbuntu and mess with Nautilus to be able to get the permissions to access the drives folders.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-hdd-recovery.188578/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello Guys. I really need you guys help. I had been using my portable external drive for about a year. as of today all in the sudden my computer doesn't read it anymore. I tried to go to Disk Management to change the disk path. However it doesn't work. Please help!

A:Hard drive recovery and re-activate

Confirm the portable hard drive status in Disk Management like RAW, unrecognized etc. please.
Try Recuva from piriform to recover your hard drive data, if its recoverable. Ask for replacement from your manufacturer if its still in warranty period.

HOpe it helps!!a

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-recovery-and-re-activate.188399/
Relevancy 20.64%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I would like to know if its ppossible to perfom a raid array on my hp g62 451sa as id like to convert the disc bay for aanother hdd and use raid. does anyone know if it can be done?

A:RAID 0 on laptop, is it possible?

Creative idea, but my guess is that it likely not possible.
This is going to be limited by the motherboard itself (combined with bios options).

Even if the cd/dvd is sata, the two sata ports may not be configurable as raid.
Unless your motherboard intended a raid option, you will be out of luck.

Since there is nothing in your manual about raid (DL the pdf and search)... I take it as confirmed.
BUT... if you want to explore further, see what options are presented in BIOS.
I doubt you will find anything there either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-on-laptop-is-it-possible.186089/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi ive raided 3 drives in jbod ive got a 500gb out of a sky box a 250 western difital that used to be my primary drive and an old 160 gig now the raid array shows up just over 900 gig but in wondows im only getting 850 im not going to bother changing anything now as ive just installed windows but id like to know what the issue is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-not-capacities.185986/
Relevancy 27.52%

When I install an SATA hard drive and install Windows, do I really need the SATA raid motherboard driver or is that for multiple hard drives?

A:SATA RAID

Generally, the RAID motherboard drivers are for the SATA controller as a whole, both normal operation & RAID. Yes, you will most likely need them to install windows. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-raid.185565/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 23.65%

Just wondering if this is common, or is it common to have SSDs fail after a couple of years. I've owned 4 SSDs, all for home use (OS drive) as below:
2x Corsair Nova in RAID 0 - Win 7
1x OCZ Vertex 2 - Win XP
1x Kingston SSD Now V+ - Win XP (later upgraded to win 7. This computer also was moved to another home at the time of OS upgrade).

Now, the RAID array failed and SSD was suspected after attempts to reinstall OS came up with corrupt data errors.
The other 2 just cannot be detected by BIOS anymore.

As you can see, I can't see any similarity between them. There is no similarity in programs used (not even backup programs are the same!)

So am I just unlucky or is there an issue with SSDs in general? Or maybe I'm using it wrong.... (no defrag I swear!)

A:Wondering about SSD failure rates

I have now got all of them RMA'd without a problem.

OCZ was kind enough to swap the Vertex2 to an Agility 3.
Corsair swapped the Novas to GTs. Pccasegear was kind enough to credit those for me, so I'd be picking up a larger drive instead.
The shop I bought Kingston from asked me to go directly to Kingston, but they agreed to take it back. This was the last drive I sent back so I have yet to hear from them.

Thought I'd update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-about-ssd-failure-rates.182604/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 27.09%

A 40TB file server in a RAID 5 configuration, lost two drives simultaneously. One drive is totally dead and the other drive goes in and out of being recognized by the server. We replaced the dead drive and the server started to rebuild over night, however, when we got in this morning the the other drive was showing errors and the rebuild process had slowed way down. When we previously had restarted the machine the drive seems to recover and work fine. My question is, if we restart the server during the rebuild, would the RAID start to rebuild from the beginning or pick up where it left off? Also, does anyone have any other recommendations beside letting it rebuild or restarting?

A:Major RAID rebuilding issues

As long as the RAID is still rebuilding, leave it alone! The last thing you want to do is lose all that data, unless you have one hell of a backup, my advise is leave it alone to rebuild. If it's a production fileserver server, try to get users off of it for as long as possible, don't use it if you can at all help it, let it rebuild - which may not happen until the weekend.
Different RAID cards react differently to a reboot. Most will be just fine if you reboot, they will continue rebuilding - it's a separate process from the OS itself. Think of the RAID rebuild as an automobile with the engine running, but you could change the tire (rebooting windows) while it's running. Now I don't advise it, but it would be ok - it might just be painstakingly slow.
Another thought, as large as that fileserver is, 40TB is HUGE! I'm surprised that it's not configured in a RAID 6 (two drives can fail) or a RAID 10 (striped mirror) - it would have made more sense to have the double parity of RAID 6, or the mirrored advantage of RAID 10. [I'm just putting in my two cents, no offense intended]
Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-raid-rebuilding-issues.181525/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,

I've got a new machine and am wanting to transfer my two HDDs in RAID config from my old machine in the new one.

OLD PC
Gigabyte P55 UD3R
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB x 2 (RAID)

NEW PC
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

Is this possible and if so, please can someone advise me on how to swap them.

Thanks,

A:RAID drives into new system?

You can transfer the RAID drives as new ones if you properly configure your BIOS using the motherboard's manual.
But that is not so easy if you have an OS installed on them. But here's an excellent guide.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-drives-into-new-system.181154/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am still learning so hopefully this is an easy one and I am welcoming suggestions I drive making just -- failure Hard sure! am an engineer from who played in the business world since so unfortunately that s the era and extent of my knowledgebase I am trying to salvage a dell laptop that stopped booting a while ago hard drive not found I am not worried about recovering files as I moved them all to a newer PC long ago I created Hard drive failure -- just making sure! a boot disk CD and started the system which shows the A drive as the boot files and the R drive as CD drive with additional utilities The first thing I tried was cd c and the response was quot invalid drive specification quot gt Is this the no-brainer sign Hard drive failure -- just making sure! the discard the drive and start anew PC Dell Latitude D Pentium M GHz MHz MB Memory WIndows XP Pro Goal Create a working PC for kids to use homework and exploring not gaming primarily internet browsing MS Word MS Excel Additional Questions gt Is this PC worth spending a little to restore new drive probably gt Will I need additional memory too it seemd to work fast enough when I last used it gt If the hard drive is unreadable and I don t have Windows CDs how does one re-install windows this was a pc retired by my prior workplace has product key sticker service tag etc Thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive failure -- just making sure!

It appears your hard drive is dead or damaged. Install a new hard drive, and run your reinstall. You should have no problems. But count on a long time for downloading updates using Microsoft Update.
One thing for sure, you need more memory for that Dell D600... I would put in 2 GB of Put in the largest drive you can afford. Be sure that your drive is either a SATA or an EIDE drive before you order a new one. As you probably know, that system has two memory slots for DDR PC2700. My suggestion would be to get two modules of 1 GB each... which will cost you about $35 to $40 per module, depending on where you buy them.
Because of the destruction of the hard drive factories in Thailand, laptop memory is priced very high right now... you will pay closer to $100 or more, rather than your hoped for $60.

You can get a copy of the Dell Windows CD by calling Dell or going on line... usually free... If you still have the Windows Sticker product ID on the computer. Or they are $20 on eBay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-failure-just-making-sure.178877/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Folks I have a Dell Dimension XPS and the System disc is on two WD Sata hard drives in a RAID combination It s pretty good but I wanted to juice it up a little So Is RAID applicable 0 to SSDs? in order to speed things up a bit I have replaced the RAID discs with a single SSD It s a SATA SSD but is obviously going to work only at SATA speed on my current mobo The effect of having the SSD is that everything apart from the Is RAID 0 applicable to SSDs? time taken to load the BIOS of course is now at least twice as fast I e nearly all programs load in or less than previously and other stuff is generally quicker My question is this If I were to buy another SSD and set up a RAID formation with the two SSDs would I see any further increase in performance I have two views and obviously one is wrong In RAID twice as much data will be made available in the same time so yes it should be faster RAID improves performance by eliminating or reducing the seek latency on the second drive but since this is tiny on an Is RAID 0 applicable to SSDs? SSD there won t be much difference Which view is correct please Regards nbsp

A:Is RAID 0 applicable to SSDs?

Is RAID 0 applicable to SSDs?Click to expand...

Of course - - - but WHY?
There will be no real advantage with Raid-0 on a SSD implementation.
An HDD has three timeing factors (move the head, wait for the rotation, transfer the data)
and the SSD only has the latter. The whole advantage of Raid-0 is to not wait for the
first two time - - Q.E.D, not viable on SSD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-raid-0-applicable-to-ssds.178804/
Relevancy 24.08%

Yup, sad to say. Will not show up in the BIOS.

Are there any tests or anything I can do with this SSD? Its an OCZ 120GB.

I'd like to either save it, I dont need the information on it. Or do something creative with it, (i dont know)

Anything Techspot brothers?

A:SSD failure. Any tests I can run?

Check it with another SATA lead, and on another SATA port. Also try it on another machine to confirm first.

SSD's rarely fall, and from what I've seen, when they do its either firmware related failures, or it's because defraging the disk has caused excessive write operations and worn it out. You should never, ever defrag an SSD, but many people don't realise it.

Might be worth speaking to OCZ, it might be covered by a warranty still, or have a recall for faulty firmware which might sort it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-failure-any-tests-i-can-run.177675/
Relevancy 27.09%

I understand you would generally need to have the same controller to move a RAID setup and have it recognized, but I want to see if anyone has some advice or any idea about moving a RAID 0 setup from my Crosshair IV (JMicron) to a Gene IV (Intel Platform Controller)

I have 4TB of data on the RAID setup, and 3TB available on my backup drive.

I'm trying to avoid backing things up because it will take 4 days to transfer all that data to the WD elements, and I would still need 1TB more space so I'd have to buy another drive

Help! Thanks!

A:RAID 0 -- from Crosshair IV to Gene IV

I've tried this, spent about 2 weeks researching it with no avail. This is one of those situations that made me look into buying a raid card. In which I did.

GL, Hope you find a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-from-crosshair-iv-to-gene-iv.177744/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently finished building a low budget gaming rig, after installing windows 7, the drivers for my hardware, doing updates...etc, my bios warned me that my hard drive's status is "BAD", I skipped this warning and booted into windows where I was informed that my hard drive could fail soon and I should back up. I should mention that I formerly used this drive in an external enclosure for almost two years before using it in my rig.

I backed up and ran crystal clear disk info (see results attached). What should my next course of action be? Could I have done something wrong in the building process to cause this?

A:Imminent disk failure?

The disk is going bad, to put it in simple terms.

It could continue for a while longer, but I would consider replacing it.

There might be an option that could repair the damage (I think), but I'm sure someone else will say if there is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imminent-disk-failure.177517/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have an ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1001PXD preloaded with Windows 7 Starter. I'm thinking it had an Aleureon(sp?) in the MBR, but I did some things to it a couple months ago, and Windows is booting up. It says it is connecting to the network in my house as "public", but won't get on the internet. It won't let me change the classification to "home". When I did whatever I did (can't remember what), It created a new partition (E) for recovery files. I want the laptop back in it's factory state with the recovery files in D like they're supposed to be. There is no CD or DVD drive as it is only a small laptop, but I may be able to transfer files/programs from my main desktop to it if it is indeed connected to the network. Thanks in advance, Bec

A:Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

You can buy or borrow an external USB CD/DVD drive, to do the job for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-do-complete-system-recovery-but-i-know-the-image-is-still-there.177211/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am attempting to reboot a Dell Inspiron 600m for a friend. I was able to install a fresh copy of Windows XP on it. The problem I am experiencing with it is that it often refuses to start up. I simply get a few lights, then they turn off. No attempting to run the CPU/Hard Drive etc.
I would assume the laptop is fried but it does not always do this. It also sometimes starts up and runs windows with no problems.
Any ideas on what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

A:Dell laptop intermittent startup failure

Replace the system board battery. Disassemble and reassemble by removing the keyboard and tracking down the cables... especially the cable to the screen. Replace the screen inverter card... which is cheap and will be needed sooner or later anyway. Remove, clean cpu cooling fan, and replace. Remove and replace the heat sink if the metal of the old one is rainbow colored from excessive heat.
Track all cables and connections and connectors as you re-assemble.
If it is any good, this extra work, which may take four hours (after the ordered parts come in) and you will know if you are going to have a good experience or if you have wasted your time... and your friend's time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-intermittent-startup-failure.176931/
Relevancy 27.09%

When building a RAID array, any type, do the discs need to be identical, such as make and model wise, or do only the specs of the drives need to be identical, such capacity, interface, and cache?

A:HDD necessities when building a RAID

Almost anything works, but dissimilary specs will reduce the RAID to the lowest common denominator.

different RPM or r/w speeds
capacity -> lowest
caching? not really effective anyway
so you get a 'better' RAID by matching the specs (vender doesn't matter).

Be advised: Even Microsoft discourages RAID for the boot volume; use it for data only.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-necessities-when-building-a-raid.176645/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello again,
I've got a customer with what sounds like a memory issue. I want to run Memtest86+ on it, but there is an issue. On bootup, I get "keyboard failure" and I can't enter the BIOS to change the boot device priority so that I can load Memtest86+ from a flash drive or cd. The keyboard works fine once I'm into Windows, but I can't use it before Windows loads.
Things tried:
Reset CMOS.
Unplugged all other usb devices, including card reader internally.
Checked device manager, looks clean.

Thanks for any help.

A:Keyboard failure Dell Inspiron 580

Is it a GUI BIOS? Can you unplug the keyboard and use a mouse? Is the keyboard USB or PS/2?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-failure-dell-inspiron-580.176553/
Relevancy 27.52%

Over the weekend I reloaded WIn 7 on my pc, before the reload I had 2 drives in a mirrored raid configuration, after reload I know have 2 seperate drives.

I have been into the BIOS and changed RAID settings so that drives are in RAID configuration but now windows cannot recognise boot up device. Obviously the change from a single drive to a raid has confused windows and so it can't find the boot drive.

I am not sure why the raid was not recognised during the software reload, or why I had to go into the BIOS to change raid settings as they were fine before the reload.

My question is can I get my RAID back without reloading my software again?

A:Windows 7 and RAID

Hodsocks said:

My question is can I get my RAID back without reloading my software again?Click to expand...

http://forums.hexus.net/pc-hardware...ut-reinstalling-windows-p35-ich9-ich9r-7.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=can...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-and-raid.176230/
Relevancy 20.64%

I currently have a Lenovo laptop and have had it for 2 and a half years. The battery has always been pretty bad and last about 3 minutes unplugged. The hard drive is a temperamental one from an old laptop as the original broke for no apparent reason, probably didn't help I was constantly having to rebuild it too. I know it is stupid but when I got this laptop I was young and naive and didn't realise how essential recovery disks are.
I realise to replace all of these would be quite expensive so am wondering whether it is worth just buying a new laptop?

A:Worth replacing the hard drive, battery and buying recovery disks?

We need more information to comment.
There are at least 7 levels of Lenovo laptop... Is this a T-series... or just what is it? model and type.
In general, Lenovo laptops are among the most reliable...
This is not a good time to buy hard drives, due to the market over-adjusting to the hard drive factories under water in Thailand.
Batteries, good ones, can be found for $35 to $45
But you can get a 90 GB SATA hard drive for $90 or less.
Tell us the hard drive brand and size, the amount of memory installed.
All in all, we can rebuild a decent Lenovo for $140... and that is a lot less expensive than a new laptop. But a shop would have to charge you $205 or more.
A cheap laptop might cost you $500 to $600, but a good laptop could cost you $1200 to $1800. For long term reliability, I would want to invest at least $1000 to $1500

Tell us more so we can best advise you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worth-replacing-the-hard-drive-battery-and-buying-recovery-disks.176085/
Relevancy 27.09%

With Intel's RST one can have a SSD as a cache to the main hard drive. What I'm wondering is it better to have

two HDin RAID level 0
one HD and one SSD as cache
one main HD and two HD in RAID level 0 for cache (is it possible?)

A:Which is better? RAID 0 or Rapid Storage Technology with SSD

I don't think two HDs in RAID 0 for cache is supported, either way, it's not going to be fast.
A good SSD will beat out the RAID HDDs anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-better-raid-0-or-rapid-storage-technology-with-ssd.176053/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey all,

Am in a little bit of a pickle here. Had a machine running the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard. Well as it goes my Southbridge chipset fan died and as a result, my PC dies as well.. My issue is I was running my Hard Disks in a raid configuration (Stripping), but unless I can get a replacement board, or this one fixed (both unlikely). I do not have any idea how to get my data off these disks. Was hoping someone might have a creative way for me to do this, though I think I am just SOL.

Cheers and thanks,

Phil

A:Asus RAID

Broken73 said:

Hey all,

Am in a little bit of a pickle here. Had a machine running the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard. Well as it goes my Southbridge chipset fan died and as a result, my PC dies as well.. My issue is I was running my Hard Disks in a raid configuration (Stripping), but unless I can get a replacement board, or this one fixed (both unlikely). I do not have any idea how to get my data off these disks. Was hoping someone might have a creative way for me to do this, though I think I am just SOL.

Cheers and thanks,

PhilClick to expand...

You need to plug those drives into another computer with RAID 0 configuration. The configuration must be the same as before or it won't work. You need a motherboard that uses the same RAID ROM as your old motherboard though.Then take the data off the drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-raid.175005/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi my problem is literally every harddisk i use eventually comes to a failure It started before some time when i bought ASUS laptop dont remember exactly which but it started i think it started with N it had a Samsung HDD i think After few moths there was an issue with hard disk so i sent the laptop to the service and they changed the hard disk Everything was fine then but after some months it happen again Same solution - changed hard disk When it hard disk failure Repeating happened for Repeating hard disk failure third time i was really furious because i thought it is laptops fault so i ask to refund the laptop back With Repeating hard disk failure the money i bought parts and made my own PC was a year ago It is working fine till today when HDD started to make strange noises randomly making noise like when under high activity sometimes it makes click sound - same it makes when i shut down computer and also random drops in its speed sometimes resulting in OS freezing for secs and a there is also SMART notice in the POST I know that best solution is to backup and send for exchange as it is under warranty yet but i think that it cannot be coincidence and i must be doing something wrong Few things i can think of is temperature that might have been the problem in the laptop but i dont think it is a case in PC as i sometimes checked the temperature or maybe some software i use is causing it but i am not sure if this is possible I would be really thankful to any advice into future nbsp

A:Repeating hard disk failure

adikus said:

making noise like when under high activity, sometimes it makes click sound - same it makes when i shut down computer), and also random drops in its speed(sometimes resulting in OS freezing for 2 secs) and a there is also SMART notice in the POST.Click to expand...

Not good but clearly a definitive indication of HD error(s).

I would be really thankful to any advice into future.Click to expand...

Is your fan operating? Have you blown out all the dust?

Have you ever used CHKDSK C: /F? If your system freezes and you elect to force a power off by holding the power button for 5 sec, then you should restart
using Save Mode (F8) and run CHKDSK C: /F before booting normally.

Systems just don't eat HDs - - there's something in your usage that is causing the system to not flush I/O before powering off - - NOT GOOD!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeating-hard-disk-failure.174590/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I recently added a rd hard drive to my computer so I could put my two existing HDs in RAID and still have a back up drive I cloned my main drive to my new backup drive and did a fresh Windows -bit install on the new RAID array I ve been able to get all my hardware working except for my X-FI 0 sound RAID on fresh No after from install Win7-64 CreativeLabs ExtremeMusic SB soundcard I ve gotten it to work a few brief times but I can t figure out what driver and control panel versions I used to make it work before I just remember it being a long process of searching online before I found an answer that worked for me Is there anyway to find out what versions I have on my backup HD since it has the correct driver and control panel versions on it Here s a description of my actual soundcard problem When I try play something in media player there is no sound the progress bar doesn t move if I watch a youtube video the progress bar moves but I still get no sound and I have no system sound either My on-board audio when enabled works perfectly My on-board audio is disabled in No sound from X-FI after fresh Win7-64 install on RAID 0 the bios the X-FI shows up in device manager and appears to be installed correctly with the latest drivers for win - I get clicks from my speakers when installing the drivers and I have tried completely uninstalling the card and re-installing it as an admin but I still don t get any sound Any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-x-fi-after-fresh-win7-64-install-on-raid-0.174259/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all,

I've got a friend whose wife is ready to kill. The CD of wedding photo's is currently in three pieces and not backed up. Any leads where he can get at least some of the data recovered? At this point in time he's almost "money no object"...

...any leads would be appreciated,
Many thanks,

A:Broken CD - data recovery - any chance?

I've never looked into this before. I'd imagine there isn't much that can be done. CDs and DVDs have a short life in data storage terms and really should not be relied on as a permanent storage media for important data. There seem to be a few companies out there that offer data recovery from damaged CDs, but this is usually from scratched rather than broken into pieces disks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-cd-data-recovery-any-chance.172952/
Relevancy 26.66%

Just a quick note for anyone interested in using (or is already using) SSD's in RAID 0. It seems that TRIM support for RAID 0 will be implemented in Intel's RST 11.5 driver.

[Source: Storage Review]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intels-rst-to-allow-trim-support-for-ssds-in-raid-0.173686/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have four OCZ Agility SSD s and want to install them on my new desktop build I also have one Adaptec SGL Raid Card with two connections and will handle up to drives I need help in figuring out the best most efficient way to get these SSD s on my Desktop I ve seen several to enclosures with built in raid switches on the back but the reviews haven t been that enticing First off do I even need the Raid Adaptec adapter Secondly what is the best way to incorporate the ssd s on my AMD FX Desktop Also so I mirror all drives at Raid or use as storage Or include one TB WD HDD for my storage drive Would like to hear the most efficient ways to install my SSD s and possibly include one HDD and what raid settings would be best for each set desktop to RAID 3 way on W7 four 60GB enclosure? install with Agility OCZ Best up ssd s in inch enclosures only or SSD s in two enclosures and the TB HDD as my storage drive What is the best to ssd enclosures to Best way to install four 60GB OCZ Agility 3 on W7 desktop with RAID enclosure? use and are the ones with the raid switch on the back of the enclosures of any benefit Thanks in advance George nbsp

A:Best way to install four 60GB OCZ Agility 3 on W7 desktop with RAID enclosure?

Also I could do two ssd's in one 3.5 enclosure with hdd

I forgot to mension If easier I can also go with only two 60GB SSD's and mirror them in Raid 0 and install one 2TB HDD as my storage drive.
I just need to know the most simple and efficient way to go with all these drives and which Raid to use with each.
Obviously, this is my first build wanting to try SSD's and also my first encounter using Raid! I'm freaking lost and need some experience to guide me through this delima.
The balance of my system is a nine hundred Antec case, Sabertooth 990fx mobo, w1090T AMD processor and I'm also still looking for a aftermarket good cpu cooler for the AMD Black processor.

Thanks
George

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-install-four-60gb-ocz-agility-3-on-w7-desktop-with-raid-enclosure.173653/
Relevancy 21.07%

hi anyone who can help me I just have a bios update failed because my computer hangs and as I reboot nothing appears and i guess my bios is corrupt how can I recover my bios pls help

A:BIOS recovery of Dell Inspiron 1564

Take a look at this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/del.../468217-how-blind-flash-dell-1564-urgent.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-recovery-of-dell-inspiron-1564.173623/
Relevancy 26.23%

There was a previous thread on this, but none which I found pertaining to Windows 7.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to do this?

Possibly without having to use the Win7 installation CD...

A:Changing hard drives from IDE to SATA With a RAID configuration in Windows 7

Can you supply us with the full scenario please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-hard-drives-from-ide-to-sata-with-a-raid-configuration-in-windows-7.172531/
Relevancy 27.09%

It comes a time when you get bored by the usual computer set up (Primary HDD for OS and Backup HDD for all your media).......

Currently I have some unused hard drives lying around so I decided to have some fun.......unfortunately, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SETTING UP RAID CONFIGURATIONS......so please start from the basics

1. What hardware do I need?
2. How do I set it up?
3. How do I test?
4. .....Just random but is it worth it? Pros and Cons

Feel free to recommend hardware, I might do some shopping!
Thnx in advance.

A:What do you need to setup a RAID configuration?

1. You need a motherboard with RAID capability or add-on RAID controller
2. I suggest you Google for types of RAID Arrays, and Data redundancy
3. The RAID controller will do this for you. You will have to reload the operating system if you change or add a RAID array drive if you don't use an array with data redundancy.

I have a stripped RAID array with no data redundancy. This is for maximum data access speed. It is made up of 3 500GB drives, giving me 1.36TB single drive. You think it would be 1.5TB, but because of "overhead" the total usable space is 1.36TB. I have a 4th 500GB drive for back up that's not part of the RAID array

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-need-to-setup-a-raid-configuration.172268/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey there,

Basically I am having stability issues, so I would like to update my SSD's firmware and reinstall my OS to hopefully stop the constant barrage of instability, bluescreens and driver issues.

I run a Corsair 120GB Force 3 for my OS, and the rest of my music, videos, pictures are on the 2x 2TB arrays. The important stuff is backed up on an external 3TB drive.

In order to run a firmware update I need the SSD to be in ACHI. IDE does not work. So I'm going to have to remove one of my arrays so I can use one of the ACHI ports and update the firmware and wipe the drive.

When I move the SSD back to port 5 can I restore my RAID 0 array with all my files afterwards?

A:RAID-0 restoration

Can you not update firmware without the wipe?? If not, backup your SSD to your external using image backup software such as Acronis. Make sure to create a rescue/boot cd. Make sure your boot cd will "see" the SSD before doing all of this. Upgrade firmware on the SSD. restore the image from your external using the boot cd to the SSD. After you restore image and before you reboot shut down the machine, plug your RAID arrays back in, power everything back and you should be good to go.. If you are worried about losing data on your RAID's, backup these as well using the same software. You can restore from the OS as opposed to the boot cd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-restoration.172028/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello: I have a Fantom 2tb external usb drive (MDC2000) made up of two 1tb drives in a radid 0 configuration. When they powerup which the blue light turns on but the drives will not spin. The drives when removed from the case will each spin using another external usb box. Any thoughts?

A:Fantom 2TB USB external drive configured with RAID 0 cannot power up

"Any thoughts?"...
Yes the MDC2000's power supply has failed, blue lights or no blue lights

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fantom-2tb-usb-external-drive-configured-with-raid-0-cannot-power-up.171547/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello All,
Desperate for some help. I have a DV8263 ea HP Pavillion laptop that isnt booting up. As soon as i press the power button the left blue light at the front comes on and the computer sounds like it is kicking in and then the fan stops but the lights remain on the HP Quickplay bits and the powerlight at the front is on but not the HD access light. The screen does nothing. I have tried to plug in an external monitor in case the screen isnt working but that doesnt nothing. Any idea what it could be?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv8000-failure-to-boot.170344/
Relevancy 21.93%

Here s the scoop A friend of mine was running XP sp and his system started getting very slow and would not run properly I ran malwarebytes and found File recovery several errors and corrected System still wouldn t function right Spent several File recovery hours trying various things with no luck Decided to offload his files and reinstall xp We managed to get his documents offloaded but didn t have enough media for his photos I removed hard drive and used my hardware connection package to hook it up to a usb port on my system The drive did show up and I started to copy his photos Get ready here it comes he has g of photos from years worth of saving on system without backing them up My system has enough space to copy but about g into copy my system started to give File recovery all kinds of errors that my avg WD elements etc weren t working I canceled the copy and deleted the photos from my system did a safe remove of the drive ran a restore from a previous restore point for my system All is well in the land of joeretired Now here s where the problem comes in When I reconnected the drive it no longer shows up with a letter assigned to it so I can access the drive I checked quot My Computer quot and it s not there Checked Device Manager and it shows as a usb mass storage device and properties says it s working properly Device Management doesn t even see it The questions are why can t I see it anymore how do I get it back to copy the phots Just for info s sake I m going to copy them to flash drives so my friend will have them backed up and be able to view them when he wants Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated and if we meet I ll buy you a beer nbsp

A:File recovery

Thanks Rick I will try what you suggested. If it is what you suspect I'll let him know. I was looking around and found a program from CGSecurity called "TESTDISK". Due you think it might be worth a shot running this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-recovery.168390/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello all I ve got a couple more disks on order now and plan to RAID identical Samsung TB Spinpoint F s in RAID Mirror rather than continually worry about data backups But having been looking at my options I m not sure if a more secure idea would be RAID Having had a clean up on the disk I m now using about GB of its capacity and its mainly documents pictures home regarding up RAID I'm after of it a and advice bit please setting movies and other stuff I do not want to risk losing due to disk failure Currently I m only backing up the most sentimental of files onto DVD D L s and its costing me a fortune in discs haha My new build will be using a Asus M A L LE AM motherboard with x SATA II ports My motherboard manual states my motherboard supports I'm after a bit of advice regarding RAID and setting it up please RAID and JBOD I have the following disks to use x GB Kingston SSD for Windows x TB Samsung Spinpoint F to use as a data disk for software installs and games in W x TB Samsung Spinpoint F for documents pictures data etc x WD Blue GB For Linux - Will be replacing with a SSD shortly x SATA DVD R W drive The user manual suggests I should install and use the web browser control panel for managing my RAID devices just the x Spinpoint F s but I m not sure its necessary So I have a few questions I need clarification on please Is the AMD RAIDxpert utility that runs in the web browser really neccessary or a good idea to use I plan to install my OS s to non-RAID SSD s W and linux on sep disks so do I still need to set the SATA controller in BIOS to RAID Will the on-board RAID function on my new motherboard actually be a good idea or is a dedicated RAID card wiser I plan to use the two RAID disks as NTFS so I can access them in Linux and W I presume this will work fine given that they re RAID Is there anything I need to be aware of given that I m new to RAID devices I presume all of my data will need moving to another disk in order to setup RAID and initialise it Just to clarify the x Spinpoint F s will be the only RAID disks and are purely for storage and not for either OS installation or any software they would need to have installed If it is recommended I use a RAID card I have spare PCI and PCI-Ex x slots but would appreciate recommendations that don t cost an absolute fortune as I wouldn t know what to choose if I m honest Thanks in advice guys and girls Leeky P S I ve uploaded the AMD RAIDxpert user manual here PDF in case anyone needs to read it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-after-a-bit-of-advice-regarding-raid-and-setting-it-up-please.168909/
Relevancy 26.23%

Let's say that I want to buy this 8-bay RAID enclosure and load it with 4x 2TB drives running in RAID 5. In few years (or months) the 6TB (or so) effective RAID 5 will be full and I will need more space. Will I be able to buy another 2TB drive, add it to the enclosure and tell it to "expand" the current raid 5 to include the new drive? Or will I have to transfer all 6TB out and re-do the raid form ground up?

Thanks

A:Can I add drives to existing RAID without redoing the entire thing?

Depends on the RAID controller but the answer with hardware controllers is typically yes. I don't know anything about the bay you linked or what kind of controller it contains, but based on the price I'd be leary. A stand-alone 8 drive hardware controller usually starts around $400... and that's just for the controller.

After closer inspection I see it's software based RAID. I haven't done this type of RAID in years so I'm not sure sure what kind of advancements have been made here. I do know that I avoid doing software based at all costs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-add-drives-to-existing-raid-without-redoing-the-entire-thing.168662/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi y'all

I got a Intel Server Board L440GX with the dual Pentium III processors and i cant get it to recognize the Mylex eXtreme RAID 2000 FW 7.01-00. I have never configured a raid before but i think i got it right(not sure) anyway the bios says that no h.d. or likewise is installed. I ain't got any ideas on what to do please help

A:Intel server board L440GX RAID issues

bwta, sound like you better take a look at:
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/l440gx/AcceleRAID1_0.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-server-board-l440gx-raid-issues.168173/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought a used HP 9100C digital sender and I get a "Network Access Failure" error message on my pc when I try to create the "HP 9100C Login with the HP software. Any thoughts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-used-hp-9100c-digital-sender-and-i-get-a-network-access-failure.167938/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi guys
i am going to upgrade my mobo and cpu
the msi p67a-gd80 is up for just $114 on newegg
the problem is that all its sata port are from the p67 chipset
and i have a couple of samsung f3s in raid o..... i'll also buy a sata3 ssd

now can i run my hdds(sata 2) in raid o and my ssd(sata 3) in ahci on the same p67 controller.....
please do reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-confusion-on-p67.167642/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys Long story short one of the HD s in my RAID array was being reported as failing Intel Matrix Storage Manager gave me a message inside of windows and on boot the RAID controller said the disk was failing as well So I went disk lose 0 RAID not data trying to failing, and got another HD of equal size The old HD is WD KS and the new one is WD JS so theyre pretty much identical I booted up with only the new and old drives in my PC into Ubuntu Live CD got the ddrescue package and cloned my HD Now I reconnected all my old drives where they were replacing the old failing one with the new cloned one RAID 0 disk failing, trying not to lose data At boot the RAID Manager gives me Unknown Member for the new drive and the nd drive in the array is marked Member Offline What to do I fear that if I remove the drives from the array and create a new one Ill loose all the data Im stuck Help nbsp

A:RAID 0 disk failing, trying not to lose data

Hi, I'm no expert on RAID set ups but found this guide below which may help. It describes the process you have used but there may be some important parts of the process that you missed, notably that you have not used an identical drive to clone to and the disconnection of the drive from the array before cloning.

This information came from here where there are a few other posts that may be usefull.

http://ask.metafilter.com/66389/how-to-clone-failing-disk-in-RAID-0-array

Any number of drive cloning tools exist that will make exact sector copies. Acronis True Image or Symantec Ghost are often used by Windows users, but many freeware options exist in the UNIX world, such as dd command line tool, which you can run off a bootable Ubuntu or Knoppix CD. You make a bootable disk or CD, disconnect your failing drive from the RAID array, and put it on one channel of a basic IDE or SATA disk controller (pull your RAID controller if its not motherboard based - if it is, you'll have to break the RAID in BIOS, after powering down and disconnecting drives). Plug in a second drive on that same controller, and boot off the bootable media you made that contains the clone tool. Use the clone tool to clone. Substitute the clone drive in the RAID array.

For this to work however, you have to use identical models of drives, and your RAID controller needs not to have put drive markers in the MBR of the drives that have been computed from interrogating drive firmware. Some controllers are easy to fool, and others, with better security awareness, are very tough to fool.

RAID 0 as your primary storage is no way to run a PC, as PC grade hardware is nowhere near reliable enough to do this without recurring trouble. And RAID, even RAID 5 or 6, is no substitute for backing up.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-disk-failing-trying-not-to-lose-data.167083/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am apologizing before I start because I have limited knowledge and hope not to waste anyone s time The story I am trying to recover a few from recovering laptop Problem drive motherboard hard data after failure data files from Problem recovering data from laptop hard drive after motherboard failure my old hard drive I have removed my hard drive from my laptop in which the motherboard crashed The hard drive is about a year old laptop years old I placed the removed drive into a usb drive enclosure The failed computer had Vista OS my new computer has Windows OS The failed drive has a password on it at the level of logging into windows When I connected old drive to new computer via usb the new computer recognized it and gave it a drive letter If if clicked on the drive I could see the files in it When I tried to go to the files that contained my data I got a message that I did have permission to open them Then the new computer continuously tried to open the file This process wouldn t stop even trying to kill it with the Task Master I had to pull the drive out of the usb and reboot my new computer questions What should I do Is this a problem with conflicting OS systems passwords too many OS I have looked at forums but could not find anything that I could understand and use Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Problem recovering data from laptop hard drive after motherboard failure

Try to take ownership.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-recovering-data-from-laptop-hard-drive-after-motherboard-failure.166676/
Relevancy 24.08%

My laptop recently just stopped showing anything on the screen, its just black. The computer still starts and works fine with an external monitor. So my question is how do I know what to replace the cable or the LCD? I did some research online and it seems if it were the cable you could tap/bend/turn screen and you'd get something to display even for a moment but nothing happens, so is it safe to say its the LCD itself? Any info appreciated, thank you. (HP Pavilion DV4 2045dx BTW)

A:LCD or cable failure?

Take a flash light and shine it on the LCD screen. If you can see a faint image, the LCD back light has failed. If you see no image, the LCD inverter may be bad. It is a separate piece. The inverter doesn't fail that often though. You can change the back light but it is a pain. Whole LCD panels including the back light can be purchased. I get mine from EBay, most of the time for $150 and under. You can check the cable when you take the top apart. Unless the laptop has been abused, the cable(s) are usually okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-or-cable-failure.166333/
Relevancy 21.93%

1st time it s detect i strat recovering my files using recover my files ver.4.0 regeserd it shows all images what iwant but after an hour it become hang when i restart my pc to connect it again it no detecting & hard is no spinng also
my hard disk is not spinning i want to recover my image help me our
samsung 40 gbhard disk
plz help me out

A:Data recovery

Welcome to Techspot!

Seriously, I had a little too much coffee today, so don't take serious about #1 and 2, since I could be able to help ya out with my similar experience.

The few other options you could considers:

1. Gripes, cries, bawl all you wants over a 40 gig hard drive. When you're done, consider your lesson learned about backing up your datas to external hard drive, or using the compact discs/media cards in timely basis. Now when you learned your lesson, buy the new drive and moves on.

2. Considers the expensive option by establishing the communication with the data recovery experts in company, and expect your wallet prepping for the long flights with your credit cards. You should expects a few digits of hundred, or probably thousands to recover a part of your valuable datas.

3. Considers the cheaper option by ordering a same I/O board for your hard drive, it's very good chance that one part of your logic board blew after surpassing the hours of operation. It should set you back about 50 bucks or less, and the reliable source to find it is at ebay.
You can type your information of your hard drive here, and I can help you to find the appropriate logic board to give your hard drive another try to recover your datas.

Also, If you have camera and know how to use Marco setting, this would be very helpful to support your thread

First thing to do is to list your spec, by looking at this similar label, you will need to type Model; and numbers/letters under the three barcodes. Take a look at this picture for reference.

The next thing is to find the logic board matching to your hard drive. Look for the white label on the bar of IDE plug bottom, it need to match with your HDD label revisions, and the final thing is to match your chip with your old/broken logic chip. Take a look at here.

Good luck man and looking forward to help ya out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.165768/
Relevancy 27.09%

Here's a problem that's fairly simple to explain.

I have a laptop with two HDD's in RAID-0 configuration. The motherboard died, and I want to back up the data before I send it to the manufacturer for repair.

Is there a way to do this, or is it impossible?

A:Getting data off HDD's configured in RAID-0

Raid-0 is a big risk as far as data loss goes, if one drive fails you loose everything. After the motherboard is replaced the system should continue to run from the drives you have without any data being lost. You could simply remove both of the drives before you send it for repair.

As far as I know, any back up software will see this Raid setup as one single drive so even if you create a back up you will not be able to restore it to the Raid set up, it will have to go onto one single drive.

To take a back up of the drives you would need to connect them both to another PC and use software like Acronis True Image. I must add that this is only a "may be" as I am not sure if this will work with a RAID-0 configuration when the drives are hooked up to another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-data-off-hdds-configured-in-raid-0.165732/
Relevancy 23.22%

mobo:

asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A88TM/

asus m4a88t-m

memory:

hynix.com/datasheet/eng/module/details/module_20_HMT125R7TFR8C.jsp?menu1=01&menu2=01&menu3=01&menuNo=1&m=1&s=1

hynix hmt125r7tfr8c

the board does no beeps, but it features MemOK! and has a dram_led... the dram_led is blinking red continuously... this is the ecc memory and the said board is supposed to support ecc... i tried reinstalling / reseating the memory - same result... i'm going to buy some other memory, but what could be the problem here? any help is appreciated

A:Mobo + memory = POST failure

Assuming the board and system is powering up...
Have you tried resetting the board? Clearing CMOS ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-memory-post-failure.165575/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have two Intel X -M solid state disks GB that I want to stripe and use as my OS drive I have the Asus P T motherboard with ICH R and support for RAID and My problem is I need to clone my OS partition with True Image and copy the volume to the striped drives Here s the catch my OS is already on one of the X s and I will need to use an X -V as a temp boot drive in order to stripe the two drives and still RAID w/ configuration 0 SSDs setting Help be able to use Windows for cloning I also have or other SATA drives that I do NOT want to be configured in RAID So I guess my question is will the striped SSD s take the cloned partition or will I Help setting RAID 0 configuration w/ SSDs encounter issues coming from a single drive I don t have a ton of experience with RAID but I haven t had any problems either but I want to play it safe Any help would be helpful I m sure there is someone on here with much more knowledge on this matter Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Help setting RAID 0 configuration w/ SSDs

EXCellR8 said:

I have two Intel X25-M solid state disks (80GB) that I want to stripe and use as my OS drive.Click to expand...

DON'T - - Even Microsoft does not like that option - - the boot drive should not be Raid-X says MS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-raid-0-configuration-w-ssds.163523/