Windows Support Forum

Modem randomly resets, can I replace it?

Q: Modem randomly resets, can I replace it?

Right now im using a modem that i got from AOL.

SpeedTouch ST585 v6

Every so often is will randomly reset, a hardware fault which ivsearched all over the internet. Upgrading the firmware makes no diffrence at all. Recently, my internet cuts off but all the lights are still light at normal, i tried dissabling the adaptor and yet the ethernet light stayd light. So my problem is deffinatly in my router.

My questions are...

If i buy a new modem on my own, will it still work for my ISP?
What is a good modem to replace my current one?

[Requirements:

2 or more ethernet slots for my keyboard and my pc.
dsl compatible
windows 7 compatible
AOL compatible]

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Modem randomly resets, can I replace it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Modem randomly resets, can I replace it?

Dose anyone know if all modems are compatible with all isp's?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-randomly-resets-can-i-replace-it.147813/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have had a Motorola SB4100 cable modem from comcast for several years and recently it would "reset" itself and disconnect me from the internet for anywhere between 30 seconds to 5 minutes. The modem would act as if you just unplugged it and would start up again, this is happening many times each day. Could it be a problem with the modem? Comcast? Maybe the coaxial cables or splitter?
any responses appreciated

A:Modem resets itself

Cable modems can be troublesome with age, but you should first ask the ComCast techs to look downline to see if everything appears to be working ok. They can run a series of tests to see if anything suspicious is happening.
Infestations, drivers, Microsoft Updates, can also cause these symptoms. As can dirty CPU fans, worn out CPU fans, worn out power supplies (always my first suspicion), and other hardware.
Sometimes all it takes is a cable replacement. Humidity? Cables shrink and become brittle at the connector points as they age.
Usually a cable modem replacement does not fix the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-resets-itself.109424/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone. Last 4 days i had serious fps drop in-game and afterwards which requires reset to use Pc again properly. Also last 2 days my pc resets whenever it deserves

I have AMD FX -8320 8 core BIOS ve Nvidia GeForce GTX 760. Also my psu is 700 W. I dont understand about Pc building so much.

Pc resets in some websites (DR Web i wanted make a virus scan but all i see is reset) Also a programe called "Skin Spotlight" which checks update like in command prompt

Also I dont see any reset event on Event Log.

A:PC resets itself randomly

Hello and welcome pyrexia sorry for the very long wait mate but personally I would be doing this for starters in safe mode.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

Oh and some system specs would be really handy - so hard to sort things out when you don't know what you are dealing with. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397721-pc-resets-itself-randomly.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a new Win7 Pro 64x system and I decided not to use UAC so I set the slider to the lowest setting and rebooted. All worked well for a while but it appears that occasionally, when I reboot, UAC is reset to the highest value. I cannot find an event that causes this and I have not been able to find much information about it.

A:UAC Randomly Resets

This is kind of like a first blocker that you can inspect the program you want to install,run,
and final check for changes to the system.

Windows 7 has a better UAC compare with Vista,less annoy
If you have the AntiVirus software installed,you might consider to put it to the lowest.
But I recommend you to put it in the default level.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/138550-uac-randomly-resets.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and this happens when I'm playing, World of Warcraft mainly. I recently solved a problem where the game would close down or I'd get a BSOD and I thought it was all over. It was fine for about 2 days now it's just randomly resetting on me.. Any advice?

A:PC Randomly Resets?

Hi. Please follow this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/43276-pc-randomly-resets.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I'm having a strange problem that I believe is related to my modem. I'm running win2k sp1, AMD Duron 800Mhz, 256MB SDRAM with a Zoom V.92 USB modem. Occasionally while using the modem to send a fax, the computer will reboot by itself. I've re-installed the latest drivers for the modem, but the problem still occurs. I checked the event log after each reboot, but could find no errors related to the modem. If anyone has run into this before, or has any ideas, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Computer resets when using modem

you could try deleting the usb port in device manager and reinstalling it..?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-resets-when-using-modem.100681/
Relevancy 59.34%

I m using a Linksys WRT N router and a Linksys WMP N adapter both have the necessary drivers and such I m running Windows XP service pack My problem is that randomly the internet will say quot connection has low or no connectivity quot and reset itself kicking me out of the network I only ever had this problem once and that was from a computer that a cyber school sent me which was junk that had to be replaced times each with the same problem but replaced for different randomly internet resets reasons only one internet randomly resets of my other computers ran XP SP and it never had this problem except for when my router randomly shut off which was solved anyway when I open the linksys monitor during this random spells internet randomly resets it says the connections fine and it never says it s resetting just the XP wireless taskbar icon does there is no rhyme or reason to it it just does it at first I thought it was our cellphones interfering with it as everytime it happened someone was calling our phones or texting but then I noticed that it did it even when all the phones in the house were off I turned them off as a test plus if it were interference wouldn t it interfere with my other PCs too it s not really majorly crashing my system or anything just really annoying as I m constantly on messaging programs or computer games and the connection goes out mid conversation and mid-game I don t understand this and my father is completely baffled by it any kind of help would be immensely appreciated plus you d be my bestest friend ever D sorry it s just too hard to stay serious when I have a problem I m not really an optimist but I like to keep a somewhat good attitude nbsp

A:internet randomly resets

First step would be to change the wireless channel and see if that helps. You can also reduce the bandwidth on the router from 40mhz to 20mhz and see if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-resets.696058/
Relevancy 59.34%

System Specs Thermaltake Xaser V Damier Computer randomly resets V D Case Thermaltake Computer randomly resets Purepower Computer randomly resets W PSU Intel D GAV motherboard Intel Pentium GHz LGA Computer randomly resets processor Leadtek Winfast PX GT MB PCI-E video card Soundblaster Audigy ZS Maxtor GB hard drive Samsung DVD CDRW combo drive A generic network card GB of Corsair Value Select DDR PC RAM A little history This box was built less than a month ago Upon completion the computer ran perfect for days and then poof power supply was dead Computer was then taken to the local computer repair center and diagnosed with have a short in the PCI-E slot They believed that is what fried my original power supply and one they had used to test in my system Motherboard Gigabyte Duo Pro and Thermaltake Purepower W power supply both RMA d Newegg com gave me a refund on the gigabyte board and Thermaltake sent my a new PSU I bough an Intel D GAV motherboard to replace the gigabyte one So several weeks later with replacement parts in hand I rebuild the pc Boot is fine it resets once during Windows XP Professional install No biggie things happen right Install continues with no further problems Spend the next hour flashing the motherboard bios to the latest version and updating the video card drivers Download Aquamark to bench the graphics this is how I typically test new box setups Computer resets during the benchmark Computer resets and again reboots during the benchmark I check for IRQ conflicts none Run DXDIAG no problems So I try just a regular game Silent Hunter III Computer again resets I then check processor temps It s idling at degrees celsius under load it s not going above degrees celsius Arctic Cooling Freezer CPU cooler I think quot there s no way in hell I ve got another bad PSU quot so I get with Leadtek and RMA the card back to them They test the card and say it s just fine I tried running Memtest- and it won t complete the test without resetting I tried one stick of memory at a time same thing will reset under load So am I looking at a memory problem or another PSU problem Thanks in advance Gregg nbsp

A:Computer randomly resets

Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here. I will try and determine the culprit.

You can find your minidumps in c:/windows/minidumps

Note. Techspot has a limit of 100kB per attachment, so you may need to attach several zip files.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-resets.36622/
Relevancy 59.34%
Relevancy 59.34%

So my alt key has suddenly started to randomly, without any logical reason, behave in a held-down state. 

I'd have to double tap it to stop it and it'll be ok for a minute but then go back.

I downloaded Key Tweak to disable alt entirely, but this made it worse. I couldn't even use my keyboard at all. So I abandoned that plan.

I bought a whole new keyboard immediately following this. It was ok for a few hours but then the bug crept back in.

*few specs:

1. both keyboards are usb
 2. sticky keys aren't turned on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629033/alt-key-bug-randomly-keeps-alt-key-down-double-tap-to-fix-but-resets-again/
Relevancy 59.34%

Alright so I bought a barebones kit from tigerdirect that included the following Motherboard Biostar MCP PB M CPU AMD Phenom X Quad Core Videocard BFGE D E GeForce Case amp PSUower Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with -Watt Power Supply Memory Centon MB PC DDR MHz HDD Hitachi TB Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G OS Windows -Pro -bit DVD-RW Lite-On DH- AAS Internal DVD Writer The kit didn t come with a cpu fan so I bought a cheap one from a local computer parts store The fan didn t come with any installation instructions so I found some instructions online and thought I installed it resets System randomly correctly The system ran fine for about a month except it ran really hot often gt C When I realized it was running hot I opened up the case and found that I had installed the fan backwards and that it wasn t making a very solid connection System randomly resets with the cpu I flipped it around and viola the system no runs at around - C System randomly resets most of the time It worked fine for awhile and now the system has started crashing alot I turn it on it runs for awhile and then suddenly the screen goes blank the fan revs up and the system doesn t respond but it doesn t restart I occasionally get a blue screen with a STOP with code x F I thought it was the video card at first so I uninstalled the drivers and took it out of the system and used the System randomly resets graphics card on the motherboard Still crashes and sometimes it doesn t even fully boot before it crashes It did this before I removed the videocard as well Occasionally I get message at the bios splash screen that says something about lowering the cpu frequency or something along those lines I forgot to write this down and it doesn t happen very often I haven t overclocked the cpu so I m confused by this My question is do you think I ve done some kind of irreparable harm to the cpu by running it for so long at such a high temp or do you think there s something else wrong with the system My next step is going to be running some kind of memory test but I m not gonna have time for the next few days to work on it so I thought I d post here and see if anyone had any specific suggestions or knowledge about my particular setup Thanks Mark nbsp

A:System randomly resets

on the heatsink for CPU - did you use any thermal compound or a PAD between the CPU and FAN ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-randomly-resets.919276/
Relevancy 58.91%

We are using an AT amp T DSL Wire Modem We have two wired computers and two wireless computers connected Without the wireless we never get modem resets yet when using wireless connections we get the resets I noticed that when downloading torrents I get ALOT of modem resets almost every min When not downloading torrents I still get modem resets about every min - hours This is distracting when streaming movies or music online One wireless computer is Windows Vista Home Service Pack The other XP Service Pack I mention that because I read that with vista it might have to do with uPnP enabled on the modem However I cant test this because my father in law said he needs that enabled to play his online flight sims In the modem logs I Resets Wireless Modem Random using while did find this insteresting This is all errors from the last hours period ATM Cell Header Errors -- Random Modem Resets while using Wireless ATM Loss of Cell Deliniation -- DSL Cumulative Error -- DSL uncorrected Blocks -- Also is it possible that the cordless phone sets directly next to the modem Could that cause interference If so how could that cause a complete reset Thanks for any help you guy gals can give nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

My problem looks like this: the modem/router is powered all the time. Each time I turn my computer (win7-64) on or leave it unattended for a while, it resets the modem and speed drops to less than a half ..
On the same network I?ve got XP machines and they don?t do it.
Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Relevancy 58.91%

I have the Comcast Arris TM402P and since yesterday night it has been constantly resetting itself. I know its not my computer because I have 2 ethernet ports and the same problem occurs on both of them. I have tried to reset it manually and I have powered it off by unplugging it however after all that the problem still occurs. If anyone has a fix I would be most appreciative.

Relevancy 58.91%

This problem just started today I downloaded two programs today Xchat and Hamachi Some time after downloading and installing my internet connection would randomly reset It will shut off for a few seconds then reconnect It's not a huge inconvenience for web browsing but it's a disaster to try to use IRC or other auto refreshing programs like games I have since uninstalled both programs and I have still had Internet Resets Connection Randomly it happen a couple of times Internet Connection Randomly Resets My computer is a Dell Dimension E with Windows XP Internet Connection Randomly Resets and my router is a Linksys WRT AG version Also I forwarded a port from my router page for hamachi I haven't changed that yet and if it's not likely the problem I'd like to not have to I'll probably reinstall Hamachi soon Also this information was in the event viewer probably a hundred or so times today The system detected that network adapter Linksys PCI Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Also a few others that were warnings TCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts Your computer has detected that the IP address for the Network Card with network address A is already in use on the network Your computer will automatically attempt to obtain a different address Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address A The IP address being used is The server could not bind to the transport Device NetBT Tcpip A D C -D E- FF-B -E F ABCDAB The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts For the next seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems It will resume its normal behavior after that If this problem persists verify your TCP IP configuration specifically check that you have a preferred and possibly an alternate DNS server configured If the problem continues verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master DAVID-PC on the network Device NetBT Tcpip E CF- A C- D -A - CAEB E C The data is the error code TCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts Also some errors The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DAVID-PC that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT Tcpip E CF- A C- D - The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced The IP address lease for the Network Card with network address A has been denied by the DHCP server The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DAVID-PC that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT Tcpip E CF- A C- D - The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced Hope that helps you help me EDIT Also today is the first day I've started using IRC It seems like the only time it resets is when IRC is open that might have something to do with it EDIT nm it just did it again and I don't have IRC open

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191362/internet-connection-randomly-resets/
Relevancy 58.91%

hello,

some advice/help please.

client with advent DT2412 failed motherboard. old motherboard MSI B75M A-P45 (discontinued). replaced with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Socket 1155 M-ATX Motherboard.

client confirms no backup and insisting that I we try not to lose data.
Managed to get the desktop up and running as same chipset on new mobo.
client now complaining that computer drops out randomly.
I've asked the client to back up there data and stated that we will have to complete a fresh re-install due to possible driver issues.

question. If we run the factory reset disks from advent will it not load the same chipset and drivers for the MSI? thus causing it to drop out again?

if i install a fresh copy of windows 8 where do i get the product key from?

the joys of working with prebuilds from currys/pc world.

many thanks in advance for the comments/help.

A:new motherboard - windows 8 resets randomly

You can try:
Uninstall any unused drivers that were left from the old MB by create a system environment: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set to value 1. Open Device Manager ->View->Show hidden Devices then
go thru the list and uninstall any unused (greyed out) driversUpdate the chipset drivers to the latest: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=20775Update the BIOSUse CCleaner to clean up junks from the registryOpen Task Manager and click on Startup tab. Disable any non Microsoft items for now.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/31396-new-motherboard-windows-8-resets-randomly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys Ive had a Ideas? Any Computer - Randomly Resets look around the forum and cant seem to find much Computer Randomly Resets - Any Ideas? to solve this problem no doubt its here somewhere so sry if this has been answered times before but here goes Computer Randomly Resets - Any Ideas? My girlfriends computer keeps just going dead and reseting at random times with no link as far as ive seen to what she is doing It just does exactly what happens when you press the reset button if thats a better way of describing it Theres no blue screen no error report nothing atall saying there was any problem it just starts back up It sometimes happens every - mins or may go alot longer Its an eMachines PC almost the same as this one http www e me com products products html prod T Computer isnt to old and has been doing it since new Power supply fault maybe Any ideas on how to solve this or what it is Thx for any replys in advance PS- If any more information is needed like a Hijack this log i can get prob moz Cheers nbsp

A:Computer Randomly Resets - Any Ideas?

Could be a number of things....if it's been doing it since new why didn't she take it back?......
Anyways could be a heat issue........are all the fans running including the power supply fan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-resets-any-ideas.518901/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys first time posting here I've searched around for a while now for a solution to my problem but I cannot seem to find anyone on here who has had the exact same problem First here are my specs Dell Inspiron Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB DDR SDRAM -MHz NVIDIA GeForce MB Windows Home Premium bit Now the problem at seemingly random my computer will restart I could be checking my email playing a flash game or more recently a game by Nexon called Dragon Nest and BOOM Computer powers off for a moment and immediately turns itself back on where I'm greeted by the ole quot Windows Hard Computer Randomly Resets did not shut down properly boot in safe more or normal etc quot There is no BSOD although there is a lot of different things going on in the Event Viewer most notably the critical error that says quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot It seems others with the Inspiron have had the same issues Inspiron Randomly reboots - Desktop General Hardware Forum - Desktop - Dell Community I've had the computer for roughly months and this problem has happened since I first got it I thought it was happening because of my w power supply so I upgraded to a w and the problem has persisted Attached are the requested files I hope I have assembled them properly Thank you in Computer Hard Resets Randomly advance for any of your time put into trying to solve this problem lt Sorry forgot to mention I DO have Automatically restart on system failure UNchecked in the Startup and Recovery options and I still do not receive a BSOD

A:Computer Hard Resets Randomly

the min we recommend is a quality 80+ 550w psu

Power Supply Information and Selection - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hard-resets-randomly-600572.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I did do a search i resets internet Cable randomly the forums first before posting could not find an answer Problem Cable internet randomly resets My cable internet quot resets quot ever few hours and up to times and hour Specs linksys wireless G router wireless comp connect directly to router I have had this modem router and connection for year with no problems till now weeks ago I bought World of Warcraft for my wife and I We played the hell out of it for the first days then I noticed for no reason it disconnected us I figured maybe it was WoW or something I dealt with it for a bit but it kept getting worse Every day now it does it oddly enough it starts at sundown and quits about - am Solutions I have tried Resetting computers modem router checking internet settings Spyware virus removal nothing found Called cable company and they came out and gave me a new modem and new cables Problem didn t go away so I called again and they tested the lines and said hmmm talked to a cable man friend who suggested something with the cables outside and colder temps He said something to the extent of there are cables with amps and temperatures regulators and when the weather is cold they need to work Mine he said may not be Cable people came out again looked at stuff out back and said they saw nothing Got new firmware for router new virus software installed Found old router and hardwired the internet still disconnects so router isn t the problem so here I am calling the cable again and they see no problem in my line What could be causing this nbsp

A:Cable internet randomly resets

I made a guess as soon as I read 'oddly enough it starts at sundown and quits about 9-10am." I didn't change the guess when I read "Mine he said may not be."

My guess is that you need to get the cable folks to deal with their temperature related problem when it is happening. Could be as simple as a less-than-perfect connection somewhere that is worse when one material contracts from the cold more than another one.

I see that you are stationed in the "warm" Dakota, but the time for the failures could be increasing dramatically soon. Or maybe the snow will act as a blanket and make things better.

EDIT: Of course, check your own connections. Especially the one, including the ground connection, just outside where the cable company's cable meets yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-internet-randomly-resets.501573/
Relevancy 58.48%

my modem will just reset and disconnect me from whatever i was doing, and then the lights will turn back on but gets stuck at receive or send or changes between the two. as far i know the only way to get it fixed is to unplug the cable and plug it back in. unpluging the power does nothing. i have to do this a dozen times a day and it gets annoying very fast what should i do to fix this?

Relevancy 58.05%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi my computer randomly resets when i am just about doing anything from gaming to browzing the web It has been an issue for the past year i have formatted my pc about times in the last year and a half times in the last year during these random resets thinking it was a virus or sumthing that a formatte could fix The only thing i think randomly crashes resets windows occaisionally and it could be is the motherboard ABIT kv As the fan on it doesn't seem to be windows randomly resets and occaisionally crashes running propperly i mean it still fans out some air but i think it could do better The reason i say this is becuase the fan on my motherboard makes a really loud noise this noise can be reduced when the wire connected to the fan is moved physically that i have tested myself Also the graphics card is not to do with the resets or crashes as that was about months ago upgraded to a radeon X series The motherboard fan problem is only a guess Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers Spec ddr amd athlon tm XP abit kv ati radeon x series

A:windows randomly resets and occaisionally crashes

The fan blowing out of the back. Would that be the fan for power supply?
Might need to blow it out, clean dust, see if that helps. A failing power
supply will do as you mentioned.
The fan on the mobo, is that a chipset fan, or cpu fan? If it is a cpu
fan I would not recommend taking wires off. If it is the chipset fan,
you may need to replace it. Usually a pretty common size, you may
try blowing it clean as well. Compressed air,, or a air compressor
will work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-randomly-resets-and-occaisionally-crashes-117074.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, my system is XP SP3, updates.

In the desktop I have some folders - drive partitions, my documents. All these folders are the same size (quite possibly windows default) and show details view.

There are also 3 tools folders - different sizes, icon view.

For a long time, all was fine.

Recently, for reasons unknown to me, the tools folders randomly reset to the size of the drive folders and to details view. I reconfigure them, and some time later (not related to a reboot) they reset.
The drives folders are OK. CHKDSK is OK.

Otherwise, the PC seems fine.

Thanks for your help,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folders-size-view-randomly-resets.961089/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Gentlemen I recently bought a xfx r x and a corsair cx m randomly New and r9 corsair resets 290x PSU, cx600m PSU Ever since I added these two my system will randomly restart no crash no nothing Just restarts At first I thought It could be due to the PSU not being able to handle the new gcard but after researching it further i found that it should easily be able to My psu is only running my mobo gpu cpu and harddrive I do not have any case fans or anything extra Reverting back to my old New r9 290x and corsair cx600m PSU, resets randomly gcard hd and it works fine I have removed old drivers properly by following guides Specs Windows Corsair cx m xfx r x AMD FX- Quad-Core Processor Mhz Core New r9 290x and corsair cx600m PSU, resets randomly s Logical Processors gig ram Extra info It is not over heating it is running at c I have tried beta drives didn t work r x has know BSOD issues I don t get a blue screen I followed instructions on how to New r9 290x and corsair cx600m PSU, resets randomly fix it anyho I have one cable coming from my PSU into my gcard although this one cable has a pin and pin together maybe I need cables coming from my PSU nbsp

A:New r9 290x and corsair cx600m PSU, resets randomly

Windows 7 doesn't show bluescreens unless you disable the automatic restart option, otherwise it simply restarts.

But most importantly the reason there are two power connectors on the video card is because they are absolutely needed. You need to plug in both as the card draws around 300 watts of power and needs both connectors to get that.

Lastly you bought the wrong power supply. You bought Corsair's office PC power supply and not a gaming or enthusiast class power supply and it's slightly underpowered for running a gaming system with a 290X. Depending on who's recommendation you look at the minimum should be a 600 watt but XFX recommends a 750 watt for some of their 290X models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-r9-290x-and-corsair-cx600m-psu-resets-randomly.1120360/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I prefer to have the mouse change focus on a randomly Focus-on-hover mouse setting resets. window by hovering I've used Focus-on-hover mouse setting randomly resets. this setting for many years and it's what works best for me I'm finding that with Win this setting is randomly being reset -- searching for this I've read about mouse issues when there's a reboot but this will just happen in normal use no reboot required One minute everything is working as it's supposed to then I'm hovering and realizing that nothing is happening and when I check sure enough the check mark is gone from the Control Panel setting I've done many searches but haven't been able to find any reference to anyone having a similar frustrating experience Since this is a Win setting accessibility I'm thinking it's not to do with the mouse but just in case it's a Logitech M Wireless Trackball using SetPoint Control Center Drivers v -- searching for an update tells me that everything is up to date This is a Toshiba Laptop and the track pad is turned off I'm willing to make registry adjustments if that would help make this problem go away and no I haven't done anything in the registry that might have caused this if there's a registry change to fix this that will be the first change I make to this machine Thanks for any assistance Edited to add the custom settings of the trackball switched buttons etc do not reset only the hover behavior

A:Focus-on-hover mouse setting randomly resets.

One standard "support trick" that works quite often is to boot to safe mode, go into Device Manager, and delete the misbehaving device. Reboot normally. Windows will display "new hardware found" and install the same driver you just deleted. For some reason this often fixes issues.

It is some weird thing nobody knows exactly why it works(like as soon as you crack open a novel the phone rings.)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72074-focus-hover-mouse-setting-randomly-resets.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Every or so minutes I have to keep going into my mouse settings to change the resets 1 Scrolling randomly setting to Laptop Verticle Verticle Scroll speed back up to up from the default This problem has been occurring since I got this laptop in november last year and I've been up for and a half hours trying to finally fix this tedious problem I'm starting to lose hope and it's getting to the point where it makes me not want to even get on the computer My Dell Touchpad program that came with the computer is always turned off when the mouse is plugged in so that can't be why There are two ways for me to change the scroll speed by going into the Windows PC Settings gt PC amp Devices gt Mouse amp Touchpad and the Verticle Scrolling setting resets to 1 randomly Laptop mouse properties that are in the control panel When I change the Mouse amp Touchpad settings they change the settings in the mouse properties but not vice-versa I have tried just about every solution I could find There is no KH-whatever file in my startup list Synaptics drivers for touchpad are up to date as is the mouse driver My mouse is a Engage Optical Mouse I've had it for about years and I never had a problem with it on my last computer My current laptop is a Dell Inspiron M R- This problem is getting me all worked up and if somebody could help me find a solution it would make my life so much better

A:Verticle Scrolling setting resets to 1 randomly Laptop

I finally found a solution after searching google high and low for hours. Turns out the Synaptics touchpad drivers over-rule the actual mouse settings.

SOLUTION:
Run>regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Synaptics>SynTPEnh
Click the Edit tab (next to file, view etc.)
New>Dword
Type in AllowScrollSettings
Right click it, go to modify and set the value data to 1.
Restart your computer and your mouse settings should not be affected by Synaptics touchpad drivers

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42241-verticle-scrolling-setting-resets-1-randomly-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there I ve been having trouble with my PC for some time now Some of the things that happen are files - Hijackthis randomly and exe log Wallpaper resets deleted Wallpaper resets to the default black background after Wallpaper resets and exe files randomly deleted - Hijackthis log every reboot Exe files randomly deleted Windows takes quite a while sometimes to show the desktop after rebooting sometimes it will just sit there on a blank desktop for minutes There are a few other things I forget but those are the most noticeable changes Thanks in Advance Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Wallpaper resets and exe files randomly deleted - Hijackthis log WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Novell XTAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Intel Wallpaper resets and exe files randomly deleted - Hijackthis log AMT atchksrv exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Program Files Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks nalntsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Intel AMT UNS exe C Program Files Xobni XobniService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C WINDOWS system NWTRAY EXE C Documents and Settings lsmith Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client TmProxy exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files TechSmith Camtasia Studio TSCHelp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A -... Read more

A:Wallpaper resets and exe files randomly deleted - Hijackthis log

It's been a while, so I'll just bump this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wallpaper-resets-and-exe-files-randomly-deleted-hijackthis-log.935604/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello This is my first Post so I'm trying not to forget anything I have attached the zip folder from the SF diagnostics tool in the folder you should find of my latest mindumps - my big hope is that someone will look at the zipfile and tell me exactly what my problem is Crash description Usually my windows just starts to slowly freeze ends Windows stop 7 up freezes randomly, in Error-BSOD/force-resets this often starts by google Chrome not responding - then my desktop will also begin to be unresponsive Sometimes it recovers but most of the time nothing responds except skype when in a call - this seems to last forever and I am forced to do a Windows 7 freezes randomly, ends up in stop Error-BSOD/force-resets hard reset - UNLESS the computer goes Windows 7 freezes randomly, ends up in stop Error-BSOD/force-resets into bluescreen mode by itself which happened twice in the last week but I was forced to reset the computer much more often A curious thing is after this happens my windows won't boot up instead it will give me a quot disk read error - press ctrl alt delete to restart quot error which I have to solve by unplugging the power waiting a bit and then booting up again Now the thing is I have replaced most of my PC's hardware a few months ago so most of it is pretty new the Mobo the CPU and the RAM and the only quot old quot parts from my previous computer are the PSU the DVD drive and the Hard Disk Drive which was fairly new even before I replaced my computer parts - and my old computer even though I have done a fresh clean win install after replacing all the parts crashed and froze in a very similar manner - how is that even possible I have tried using firefox instead of chrome no effect I also removed my graphics card and I am currently using the onboard chip but it is still giving me those freezes I am really starting to despair as replacing the hardware did not solve my problem at all Please help me I am really out of ideas and I fear consulting a technician that will just charge a lot of money and not even end up fixing the problem Best regards doc

A:Windows 7 freezes randomly, ends up in stop Error-BSOD/force-resets

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public

Tip
Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Avira Public:Start Menu\Programs\Avira Public
Start Menu\Programs\Avira\Avira Desktop Public:Start Menu\Programs\Avira\Avira Desktop Public

Information
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Microsoft Security Essentials
- uninstall the antivirus software from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of the antivirus software using one of these free tools: Antivirus Uninstallers
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

Then please run these tests and report back the results
------------------------
1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot apps by a clean boot - Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\docsanchez\SF_15-10-2013\101413-15381-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c55000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e98670
Debug session time: Mon Oct 14 23:25:10.592 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:46:35.888
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {fffff8a0013b57b0, ffffffffc000000e, 14a0bf8c0, fffff88009a486b0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
********************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308277-windows-7-freezes-randomly-ends-up-stop-error-bsod-force-resets.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Comcast internet. Looking for a modem only.

A:Looking to replace my Motorola SBG6580 modem

Can we have some more information please, online gaming? Ect

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342662-looking-replace-my-motorola-sbg6580-modem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a linksys cable modem thats really old. Probably close to 8-10 yrs old. Would a new modem speed up my download/upload speeds?

A:Time to replace cable modem?

Likely to change performance on 0.001% after the time and effort.

make sure you have the latest firmware in the modem and your router
get the latest driver for your NIC & WiFi adaptor
google for TCP Tweeks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-to-replace-cable-modem.149707/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi. In over my head (not hard to do in this area ) I have Centurylink service and currently are renting their modem/wifi box. I want to replace it with my own modem and my Linksys EA4500 N900router. What do I need to buy to replace the modem so that it is compatible with Centurylink? and do I need to know the IP address currently associated with it to set up the new modem?
Thanks!

A:Replace Centurylink Modem/Wifi

You need to check either them to see if they allow that and what all you need to configure and let them know, they may not allow modems that aren't approved from them work or may charge you for modem rental anyways as it may be part of their service. You may also loose the ability for them them to provide you troubleshooting if they are unfamiliar with the units you choose. It appears they are a DSL provider and not Cable is that correct? For DSL you'd have to program the router with your DSL username and password to connect, so you'll need to know that. You shouldn't need to know any IP address for the modem as that's assigned by them but you will need to be able to access your router to configure it, so either it's IP address or use the CD Wizard to configure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-centurylink-modem-wifi.1082465/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am replacing my current cable modem and wifi router with new ones. Does it matter in which order I replace them ? Thanks

A:Question; replace modem or router first?

modem first. might need to get it activated first - call comcast etc. or DIY in web browser (however it does not always work).
then router so it can connect fresh to internet with new modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-replace-modem-or-router-first.1146606/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi to everyone and thanks in advance for any help I think that my ISP is throttling my bandwidth at the modem and I am here to ask help on how access How bandwidth - Modem? ISP replace to throtling full available bandwidth When the technician installed the fibre optic line and ISP bandwidth throtling - How to replace Modem? then the modem he showed me an amazing MB s about Mbps before the modem But after the technician left these were the test results after the router SpeedTests net averages after router show UP between Mbps amp DN Mbps Local Server Speed Test average UP Mpbs amp DN Mbps A ISP bandwidth throtling - How to replace Modem? Japanese Internet savvy guy explained that NTT East throttles the available bandwidth at the building by specific apartment modem settings related to individual ISP bandwidth throtling - How to replace Modem? contract bundles I signed up for the top bundle TV Phone and Internet connections This is my Hardware software setup OS Win Line specs Line type IEC - Connector type SC Core across micrometers Clad across micrometers ITU-TG- NTT East fibreoptic TV Internet Telephone bundle Mbps best effort Hikari Next Family Type but Mbps is considered within parameters Asahi ISP Internet contract Modem GE-PON WAN Coaxial TV antenna quot SCM-GE-PON- lt H gt A GV-ONU D lt gt quot model Router RT-S HI Giga ports phone Router amp Modem have Japanese firmware which I cannot understand and according to the NTT East I must rent both modem and router from them and quot will not support any other modem router setup quot I could not understand if it was because of technical or contractual limits I have tried to test my throughput after the modem but I could not figure out where the DNS IP WAN etc strings of numbers should go and in the end I simply cannot connect to the internet from my laptop directly to the modem so I cannot perform the same speed tests after the modem I appreciate help and I thank in advance for reading thus far and for any help and expertise which any one can spare offer nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys I m UK based so models may be a bit unfamiliar to US members I would guess none of you use BT wise Recommend model BT HomeHub replace modem to only move Currently using BT HomeHub V yes Recommend modem only model to replace BT HomeHub there s still one out there on BT broadband line with BT Vision services and with all internal network connections to it connected through a Netgear WNR router I m a good level of user software developer but definitely NOT a network whizz so chances are I m missing something important The idea was to take DHCP and Wireless control from the HomeHub and give it to the Netgear Many long attempts later These services can be disabled on the HH and enabled on the Netgear easily However the BT device will not give up control of DHCP and still allow network machines to see the internet BT HH was given a fixed IP address in the Netgear the same as its standard allocation when it is in control and this was used for the gateway address in TCP IP setup and in Netgear settings I can get everything set up internally so the Netgear is in control with the HH DHCP and Wireless switched off machines can all see each other and talk to each other perfectly but no one sees the internet I would really like to replace the HH completely so was looking for a basic non-router type modem to leave the WNR as the network manager Thought of the Netgear DM P as it was an economic Netgear match but it has such rotten reviews for reliability in terms of heat that I went off that model and Netgear don t list any others Any recommendations re which modem units would easily do the job and match the WNR Or can anyone tell me why I can t set it up as I want with current gear nbsp

A:Recommend modem only model to replace BT HomeHub

I have found and am currently considering the Draytek Vigor 120. Vigor say: "You can connect any device to the Vigor 120 which has a PPPoE client facility. This means the actual connection to your ISP is still PPPoA (unlike other modems which only provide PPPoE native bridging), which is a unique feature of this product and makes it compatible with all UK ISPs where PPPoA is used as standard." Should work ok with the Netgear WNR3500 and anything to make for a simpler more controllable connection.

Anyone know this or can offer advice as to whether it is a suitable unit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-modem-only-model-to-replace-bt-homehub.928867/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys So I wanted to disconnect of my server s HDDs and leave one connected I pulled the power and SATA cables then turned it back on and put soft (+repeat)? resets 5 Computer resets Solved: hard then times the boot CD I wanted to use in Straight away I noticed the strange behaviour and I got no picture The computer resets times I can tell from the sound the CD Drive makes each time the computer resets then it completely turns itself off Fans and drives spin down About a second or two later it turns itself on again and repeats the process I knew disconnecting the drives wouldn t effect the BIOS like this but I tried connecting all the drives back up so the machine was as it was before anyway Same problem It seems that in the simple process I have bust something but what could it be With no BIOS or way to Solved: Computer soft resets 5 times then hard resets (+repeat)? boot into a live CD I can t tell what s broken I tried googling my only evidence the restarting but found nothing Update It looks like it was the RAM I ve never bust RAM before but there Solved: Computer soft resets 5 times then hard resets (+repeat)? s a first time for everything I ll let you know if I get everything working okay again At the moment I m in the BIOS So it s looking fixed nbsp

A:Solved: Computer soft resets 5 times then hard resets (+repeat)?

Jesus H. C. Christ.

So I tested both RAM sticks to see which one was busted. I put the first one in, and it booted.

I put the second one in, and it booted. WTF.

My new theory? Somehow the RAM had come loose, and I gave it that extra knock out of place when I fiddled with the HDDs. Looks like all they needed was a nudge back in place.

At least, let's hope that's the case, and not that the RAMs working now, but will crash the system when it feels like it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-soft-resets-5-times-then-hard-resets-repeat.1022456/
Relevancy 51.6%

Running Outlook Express on Windows all latest service packs and updates for both Also installed is Outlook Outlook is used for Office e-mail and can not be removed OE is used for personal e-mail accounts and News group access which is required for job support I have e-mail accounts set up in OE and the quot Leave a copy on server quot checkbox is supposed to be checked all the time for both accounts On average about once a month the box becomes unchecked on one or both accounts This is a problem because quite often I will read and delete e-mails thinking that the e-mails will be retrieveable at home from the server When I find that the e-mails are not on the server I can look back at the office and find that quot leave a copy on server quot check box is unchecked I am resets Server" Express "Leave copy Outlook option a the on - randomly the only one with access to my machine and those accounts Has any one heard of this before I was unable to come up with anything on the MS support knowledge Outlook Express - randomly resets the "Leave a copy on Server" option base and don t think that I should be charged to report a bug to Microsoft through their tech support nbsp

A:Outlook Express - randomly resets the "Leave a copy on Server" option

No one has any ideas of why this happens? Only 20 people even read this what gives?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-randomly-resets-the-leave-a-copy-on-server-option.19519/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have at&t/frontier uverse and their internet, and long time ago provided me with a 2wire i38HG gateway that has 4 lan ports, then the rj-11 jack that i have cat3 going to their junk on the outside of my house.

the 100mbps of this i38HG in my office has got to go.

I hate calling frontier so much, i would rather just newegg or ebay a replacement that gives me gigabit lan.
anyone know what i can replace it with so that everything still works?
or do i have to get it from frontier?
this would be for gigabit on the 4 lan ports... i have 2 or more computers in my office and when i want to move a 50+ GB worth of files/data between them it takes too long.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389894-need-gigabit-dsl-modem-replace-existing-2wire-i38hg-gateway.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have changed the graphics card and PSU, but still the PC resets even on occasions where nothing is being used. I'm looking to find out what is causing this.

Cheers

Rob

A:System resets randomly 2 or 3 times a day at varying times.

have you checked to make sure all the cables are in the right places and they are connected tightly. also it sounds like there is a issue with the power supply itself. i would try testing the psu for proper voltage because generally a graphics card itself shouldn't cause issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354417-system-resets-randomly-2-3-times-day-varying-times.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My internet has been very jumpy this past month. Almost every day, at any random period of time it will disconnect, reconnect, 5 minutes later, disconnect, reconnect, rinse and repeat.

But this is certain times of the day, usually 3 or 4 times in a day this will start happening, the rest of the time I can stay on for 5 hours or more.

And as I am typing this it has, once again, happened again. Could it be a problem with my modem getting random disconnects?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
Ive got an Athlon AMD 2200XP
I have had the modem running fine when I had NT installed but now it disconnects randomly, while donwloading, havent noticed it while just browsing the net yet.
Ive got the settings at never disconnect too
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

A:Modem randomly disconnects

Is it possible that your ISP disconnects you when there is no KB input going on?? This is not uncommon with some ISP's.

Also, bad line conditions can cause a dropped connection. What is your usual connection speed, and do your downloads show reasonable Kb/s in agreement with your connection speed?

Winbob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-randomly-disconnects.258999/
Relevancy 48.16%

My modem troubles - Expert needed Hey guys My modem disconnects randomly while im on Earthlink but never when Im on AOL My friend uses the same access and same username as me for Earthlink so I dunno what the problem is I got this from my modem though - - - randomly disconnects modem Creative Modem Blaster V DE in use - - - Modem type Creative Modem Blaster V DE - - - Modem inf path CREATI INF - - - Modem inf section Digicom - - - N - - - N - - - Initializing modem - - - Send AT lt cr gt - - - Recv AT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt modem disconnects randomly OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Send AT amp FE V amp C amp D S lt cr gt - - - Recv AT amp FE V amp C amp D S lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt modem disconnects randomly lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Send ATS S L M N modem disconnects randomly C amp K X lt cr gt - - - Recv ATS S L M N C amp K X lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Dialing - - - Send ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - Dialing - - - Send ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv ATDT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt CONNECT lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Connect - - - Connection established at bps - - - Error-control on - - - Data compression off or unknown - - - Hanging up the modem - - - Hardware hangup by lowering DTR - - - Send ATH lt cr gt - - - Recv ATH lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response Ok - - - N - - - Session Statistics - - - Reads bytes - - - Writes bytes - - - Serial Overrun Errors - - - Creative Modem Blaster V DE closed Anyone have ANY idea what that is I think its my modem disconnecting nbsp

A:modem disconnects randomly

here

here is another log of when it timed out.

02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Creative Modem Blaster V.90 DE5625 in use.
02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Modem type: Creative Modem Blaster V.90 DE5625
02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Modem inf path: CREATI~1.INF
02-20-2002 18:04:18.37 - Modem inf section: Digicom_1809
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - 115200,N,8,1
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - 115200,N,8,1
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - Initializing modem.
02-20-2002 18:04:18.59 - Send: AT<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Recv: AT<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Send: AT&FE1V1&C1&D2S0=0<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.61 - Recv: AT&FE1V1&C1&D2S0=0<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Send: ATS7=60S30=0L0M1\N2%C3&K3X4<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: ATS7=60S30=0L0M1\N2%C3&K3X4<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Dialing.
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Send: ATDT;<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:18.62 - Recv: ATDT;<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Dialing.
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Send: ATDT#######<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:20.83 - Recv: ATDT7875600<cr>
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Recv: <cr><lf>CONNECT 46667<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Interpreted response: Connect
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Connection established at 46667bps.
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Error-control on.
02-20-2002 18:04:44.82 - Data compression off or unknown.
02-20-2002 18:41:35.36 - Hanging up the modem.
02-20-2002 18:41:35.38 - Hardware hangup by lowering DTR.
02-20-2002 18:41:39.57 - Send: ATH<cr>
02-20-2002 18:41:39.60 - Recv: ATH<cr>
02-20-2002 18:41:39.60 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
02-20-2002 18:41:39.60 - Interpreted response: Ok
02-20-2002 18:41:39.61 - 115200,N,8,1
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Session Statistics:
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Reads : 3543870 bytes
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Writes: 1522269 bytes
02-20-2002 18:41:39.82 - Serial Overrun Errors: 31
02-20-2002 18:41:39.83 - Creative Modem Blaster V.90 DE5625 closed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-disconnects-randomly.209/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey We ve had DSL for a few years never had a problem Recently got a stock NEC powermate with XP and hooked it up to our dsl D-Link DSL- T and D-link DSL- G modem via ethernet the modem stores the user id etc and the connections always on It worked for about an hour and then come up with the famous quot the page cannot be displayed quot Thing is it sometimes works maybe for a minute maybe for an hour but always eventually drops out again We ve tried plugging the lead into our other computers with no probs at all Regardless of if it can find the page or not it will always connect to the modem via in the url I ve wiped all the spyware cleaned out all the temp files etc flushed the dns used another modem reinstalled the drivers connected via usb instead of ethernet changed cables lowered security raised security deactivated firewalls checked LAN and internet settings with no effect What out drops connected to always randomly, DSL but modem gets me is that it sometimes goes fine and then minutes later cant display the DSL drops out randomly, but always connected to modem same sites Restarting sometimes helps sometimes doesn t FTP uploads don t go very far because every few minutes it comes up with can t find FTP server or similar Any ideas Andrew nbsp

A:DSL drops out randomly, but always connected to modem

have your ISP perform a line check for noise and signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-drops-out-randomly-but-always-connected-to-modem.71719/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi!
My Conexant AccessRunner ADSL randomly shuts down and connects again, with no reason.
Of course the net connection is lost,and i have to connect manualy when it happens.
It looks as if there is some malware.
I run Ewido , ad-aware,windows defender,and Norton AV 2005.
By the way it never happened before i formatted recently.

Relevancy 47.73%

ok, i have a cable modem from comcast, and i contacted them about this, but they call it "power surges". i dont believe this is a power surge because it happens every day. so, my qestion is, is my computer? my friends never have "power surges". help i dont know what to do!

A:Cable Modem Disconnects Randomly

Hello ashton_r,

Do you have anti surge power sockets? They should be able to stop surges.

Can you describe in more detail what happens when it drops out?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163118/cable-modem-disconnects-randomly/
Relevancy 47.73%

Thought id throw this out to anyone that might have an answer. My internet connection speed lately has been a little strange. It will connect at 28kbps at times, then when its connected at 48kps will suddenly slow down to 28kbps. IT will literally shift from 48 to 28 in an instant. I scanned it for spyware, viruses, etc, constantly and nothing is showing up. I had a netstat monitor on it and couldnt find any type of program that would be hijacking the connection. My last guess is that its simply bad wires in the house, however, the wires had just been replaced a year ago for the same problem...any ideas?

A:Modem Speed Decreases Randomly

noise on the phone line could cause this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89847/modem-speed-decreases-randomly/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I am having a really annoying problem with my internet connection.

Randomly, but it seems after quite a few hours, I loose all connection out of my PC. No internet, email etc. I cannot even ping my modem (connected via network, cat5). Repairing doesn't work and I have to reboot to get the connection back.
Is there anything that I can do to stop this or at least start trying to hunt the problem down.
I have Vista home premium, windows live mail, zone alarms, avg anti virus, skype and DAP installed (and more but I'm thinking these my be the main ones that could affect problem).
Any help would be great

A:Vista PC randomly disconnecting from modem, needs reboot

Are you using an on-board NIC (network connection on the motherboard) or a PCI NIC? (a network card installed into a motherboard slot)

Remove Zone Alarm and see if the problem stops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-pc-randomly-disconnecting-from-modem-needs-reboot.97553/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all, lately I have been having terrible trouble with my modem. I use Comcast cable internet, and about every 30 minutes my modem will disconnect for a few minutes and then come back online. I've run AVG and NoLop but they come out clean. I haven't changed any cables or disconnected them at all. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it, It's a huge problem for me and if anyone needs any more information I'll provide it. Thanks

A:Modem randomly disconnects, then comes back online

describe ALL network hardware installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-randomly-disconnects-then-comes-back-online.95603/
Relevancy 46.87%

Toshiba Satellite X -S Windows Vista Home Premium x SP Novatel Wireless Ovation modem by Slingshot Wireless Broadband plugged into main USB port on left side of laptop Simply put I will be online surfing checking email IMing Ovation modem during use Novatel deactivates randomly Wireless or Novatel Wireless Ovation modem randomly deactivates during use just sitting idle for a few minutes and the modem's green LED will stop blinking and I will receive the hardware unplugged notification as if I had unplugged it from the USB port I then have to physically remove and reinsert the modem to reinitialize it The quot unplugs quot for lack of a better term happen completely randomly I have gone as long as two days without one and at worse they occur every five minutes The Novatel Wireless Ovation modem randomly deactivates during use first thing I did was move the modem from one of the secondary USB ports on the right to one of the two primaries on the left This got rid of the problem for perhaps a day After that I went into Device Manager and unchecked the option in the Novatel Modem's properties to allow Windows to deactivate USB devices to save power This resolved the Novatel Wireless Ovation modem randomly deactivates during use problem for two days before the unplugs started again I have uninstalled and reinstalled the modem and its Connection Manager software I have uninstalled the USB root hubs from Device Manager and allowed Windows to redetect and reinstall them upon rebooting This stopped the problem for about six hours yesterday I can't think of anything more to do about it as the software and drivers are said to be up-to-date by Device Manager Does anyone else out there have this modem and service and maybe know a registry hack that could keep the modem from unplugging itself or should I just face facts that I got a defective modem Thank you in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204494/novatel-wireless-ovation-modem-randomly-deactivates-during-use/
Relevancy 46.87%

Toshiba Satellite X205-S7483, Windows Vista Home Premium x86 SP1, Slingshot Wireless Broadband using Novatel Wireless Ovation USB modem.

The modem is connected through one of the two primary USB ports on the left of the laptop. The connection manager software that came with the modem is up to date. The problem is I'll be surfing the Web, downloading something, basically any time I'm online, the modem will be deactivated, as though I had unplugged it from the USB port.

I have disabled the option in Device Manager to allow Windows to deactivate USB devices to save power. This helped for about two days, but now the problem has resurfaced. Does anyone have experience with a problem like this?

Thank you.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/210857-slingshot-wireless-broadband-modem-deactivates-randomly-usb.html
Relevancy 46.87%

whenever i connect my dell vostro with modem it gets shut off randomly..what to do

A:my dell vostro shuts off randomly when connected to modem

Hi and welcome to TSF first can you post the full model numbers of your dell and the modem,have you looked in event viewer for logs around the time of the shutdown

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-dell-vostro-shuts-off-randomly-when-connected-to-modem-670212.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite A -S A few weeks ago it got dropped right on its adapter? Replace the replace the or jack power corner Replace the power jack or replace the adapter? with the power plug still in it the little metal plug of the AC adapter is now slightly crooked and the power jack has a little chip off the plastic part of it Anyway after this mishap it worked fine for another weeks and then suddenly this week it s refusing to power up Its battery has been shot for a while can t hold a charge and I ve been using it with the battery out Why the sudden refusal to boot I took the whole thing apart---minus the little chip the power jack looks totally fine and cosmetically sound Put the whole thing back together taking care to check that plugs were snug---still no power Stuck in the crappy battery booted just fine and then shut itself down after like minutes How likely is it that it s the power jack which is broken And why did it take this long to crap out if it IS broken A new one of those silly jacks costs over on eBay so I want to make sure that it s the jack before I just up and buy one Of course if it s the AC adapter that s broken that would cost even more Bah Input nbsp

A:Replace the power jack or replace the adapter?

AND/OR inside the case the the jack is soldered directly to the motherboard. Is also possible that
1) It's already cracked
2) If not yet, it's gonna crack

So look to see what connection looks like between power jack and motherboard, If you feel u wanna/can re-solder yourself or the typically price to redo the whole power thing seems to run $125 parts/labor/warranty if you take it somewhere. So how much is it all worth to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-the-power-jack-or-replace-the-adapter.121170/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a GT704WG Verizon Wireless DSl MODEM/Router and it will randomly stop having internet. the internet will start flashing really fast, stay off, or rarely turn red. but it never stays like this for long, usually only like 30sec-1min. sometimes longer. I have a connection to my router, which is then connected to my modem. and the ethernet 1 light is almost always flashing to. that is the port that is connected to my router, which is then connected to my computer, and several others wirelessly. but the modem is the problem because the internet light will sometimes go off and internet stops working. then i just wait for about a minute and it works again. the ethernet 1 light almost always flashes. need help please! any thing you need to know to help just ask.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need Replace in Find Column) different (but Replace & a to Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column) know if there is a function perhaps a Macro or Query or a more complex Find amp Replace that can accomplish the following cause my database is huge amp I m hoping not to do this manually I keep an Access database for my homeowners association on the condition amp conformity of different exterior attributes for about townhomes The Board of Directors wants to move away from using the term quot Grandfathered quot which is distinguished by the acronym quot GF quot in the database column that shows conformity labeled IAW We use this database to generate annual architectural reports for our residents Our board wants the entry quot GF quot replaced with a quot Y quot they want the GF entry removed from the report completely amp they re serious about it Now I have already created a Query that has located all the GF entries in their various columns of various records which our Board wants me to use in an internal quot in-office quot database in order to keep track of what attributes actually were grandfathered originally as a reference for our field inspector when he inspects the townhomes But we also want to create an unassuming symbol on the report perhaps an or a something that will alert the inspector to an attribute that once was grandfathered on his field report This is to be done so that he will not be flying blind when he comes across a non-conforming attribute i e he will see the symbol amp know that that symbol means there used to be a quot GF quot in it s place BUT we want to move that symbol to a different column a column labeled quot Comments quot I could run the Find amp Replace function find all the GF s amp replace them with a Y but that symbol would go right back in the very same column that the GF came out of So is there a way to find all the GF s in one column amp replace them w a Y in that same column but have a symbol quot quot appear in another column of the same record I know it sounds complicated but can it be done Thanks mark man Access nbsp

A:Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column)

see attached. But actually getting that data back to the table, if that is what you want, is a bit trickier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-replace-but-replace-in-a-different-column.709333/
Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason W7 has decided to change 'Copy and Replace' with 'Move and Replace' when picking a file up with the left mouse and dragging it to another folder where an old version of the file exists.

My Excel SS is in two places: My desktop and USB which I use for backup. I would simply open the folder on the USB pick up the file on the desktop with the left mouse and drag it to the USB folder. Then I would get the message 'Copy and Replace'.. But not anymore it's become 'Move and Replace'.

I know I can 'Copy and Replace' by holding down the Ctrl key but I dont want to.

It looks like there should be a simple answer

Can anyone help? I swear I didnt change anything.

A:How can I 'Copy and Replace' not 'Move and Replace'.

Hi,
Have you ever tried right click drag and drop ?
There will be a list option after you drop,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334529-how-can-i-copy-replace-not-move-replace.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have Ecobyte find not replace Need utility and robust Replace - a 2.2 text but Text Like a TON of text based INI files for our companies software deployment scripts We also have a TON of people who use different ways to deploy the same software On one server alone we can have a bunch of different ways people install E G msiexec exe quiet norestart i dfs dfsshare SAV Symant msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt server Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not share WIN Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt msiexec exe quiet norestart i server share SAV WIN Symantec Client Security msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt dfs dfsshare SAV Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt and so on down the line I LIKE the abilities of Ecobyte Replace Text but the problem is I have to type in the whole line as it is in the file to then replace it with the new one for the new deployment What I want to do is have a search based on PART of the line so I can then put in Symant msi and Symantec Client Security msi and replace the ENTIRE line with a new line Is there any multi file utility that allows you to search for part of a text line but replace the entire text line nbsp

A:Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-robust-text-find-and-replace-utility-like-ecobyte-replace-text-2-2-but-not.837870/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok now its been a while since my pc has not been working Ive had it for just over a year now One day i turned it on and it would get to the Bios splash page but it would not go any further There were no beeps nothing All fans run and from what i remember hard drives would start spinning too I thought maybe it was a replace that replace.. is the To to or question. not PSU problem as the PSU would have very subtle flickering sounds almost like sparking cables However after taking the PSU to a technician they said it was working fine This cost me AUD What he then told me was that it may be the mobo But before i go and send it to a proper technician and fork out X amount of money id like to get your opinion As i mentioned above The pc turns on doesnt boot past the BIOS splash screen and just stays there There are odd noises from the PSU Here is my setup ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon PC- x gb CAS To replace or not to replace.. that is the question. Corsair DDR mem Radeon X GTO Iceturbo Thermaltake w power supply Maxtor gb Maxline III WD Raptor GB Creative Audigy ZS I have not had the guts to take anything out and test them individually But has anyone had or heard of this problem before What could it be about the motherboard that would also make the PSU make that noise Is it just a safety mechanism of the PSU SOS nbsp

A:To replace or not to replace.. that is the question.

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

Test the RAM sticks individually. One of them might be bad. You can use Memtest86 to try them out.

Also, try them in different memory slots. That sometimes helps.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Great thread title

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-replace-or-not-to-replace-that-is-the-question.75301/
Relevancy 36.12%

Everytime i log on to xp all of my dislay setting refresh to the default settings. Also when i go onto windows media player i keep having to set it up. Please help!

A:Resets In XP

Sometimes strange things happen with a corrupt user account. Try setting up a new user account. Then transfer files from the corrupt account to the new.

Information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resets-in-xp.691952/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi.
I have a little problem with my dvd burner, the thing is it was working fine for some time but a few days ago i tried to copy a dvd image with nero, after that the burner started to be very slow, it seams that it switches itself to PIO from DMA, there is no problem in changing back to DMA but everytime i put a CD or DVD in it resets back to PIO. Since its a shuttle im using the optical drive was its own cable.
ive tried using a different bus cable and about 7 different brands of cd/dvd discs, but its still the same result.
Its a Sony DW-Q28A dvd rw
running on shuttle sn95g athlon64, win xp.
Nero i used is premium 7
i even tried with a HP dvd writer and that had the same problem

Thanx for your time

A:DVD resets to PIO

In Device Manager uninstall the IDE controller (that's connected to the optical drive in question) under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, restart and let Windows to reinstall the device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-resets-to-pio.60595/
Relevancy 36.12%

I just got a new 'puter (a Cybertron) and am running WindowsXP. The weirdest problems keeps happening....whenever I run a .avi file or other video file sometime after about 10 minutes (sometimes sooner) the stupid machine will freeze and reset itself. I've checked the drivers...they're fine...I've checked memory...fine. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting highly frustrated 'cause I now can't play any videos on my 'puter without it resetting itself. Help!!!

A:.avi resets in XP..Help!

Try this....

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-resets-in-xp-help.566472/
Relevancy 35.69%

My start menu doesn't show frequently used programs I can't change properties of start menu Only I can auto hide taskbar but it also gets reset after reboot Additionally when I click on Show hidden folders it also reverts back to Don't show hidden Help: reboot. resets everything Need after folders after clicking OK Also when I place 'My computer' as Need Help: everything resets after reboot. toolbar at the top of desktop it doesn't show after reboot Once TuneUp Utility showed that prefetch data are deleted Is it 'coz of this So I gone through some forums and tried to see if there anything wrong with registry It seems to me that everything is fine in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion explorer as said in different forums But when I tried to add quot Advanced quot key in HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer I got following error message Cannot create key Error writing registry So I followed instructions by Tech Hardware team and tried to Place a checkmark in the quot Replace owner on subcontainers and objects quot box in advanced tab of permissions of that key And when I click on apply it gets unchecked Please help somebody Its really annoying This is HijackThis Log file for reference Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Need Help: everything resets after reboot. mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files BatteryCare BatteryCare exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe E SOFTWARE Ras gs Ras gs exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe E SOFTWARE latest release Chrome chrome exe E SOFTWARE latest release Chrome chrome exe E SOFTWARE latest release Chrome chrome exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows regedit exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO QUICKfind BHO Object - C DF A- E - E - AB -D F - C PROGRA TEXTware QUICKF PlugIns IEHelp dll O - BHO DAPIELoader Class - FF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C PROGRA DAP DAPIEL DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - Toolbar DAEM... Read more

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi there,
Im having a really frustrating issue with my PC. A few weeks ago I updated the drivers for my graphics card/Radeon 9250. Now ever since I had done that my PC just resets in game then when Im back on the desktop i get a "Microsoft Windows Error" Saying that An Unknown driver is causing everything just to stop and restart. I have no idea what is wrong this has never occured before i installed the new drivers. I have tried uninstalling all the ATI Radeon software and reinstalling all the old drivers again but nothing has worked it still does it to this day. Please try and help me get rid of this annoying error.

My PC specs are :
Radeon 9250 GFX Card
Intel P4 3.4ghz
1gb ram
200Gb hDD
320gb hdd
Foxconn Motherboard

Thanks
Ben

A:PC Resets while ingame

Sometimes updated vid drivrs are not a good idea, you can roll back to an older version.
It is important to clean out old drivers first , There is a driver cleaning program at Ati website.
When you delete these drivers you should set your display to use Standard vid drivers and reboot this will force windows to sort of forget about the ATI drivers . Then install the new ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-resets-while-ingame.59782/
Relevancy 35.69%

i constantly find if i don't use my computer for a day or so when i switch the computer on it asks to go to best known good or default then all my settings reset themselves which is a pain. i've checked all my programs and nothing seems to be wrong so what else could cause this to happen all the time

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi guys my computer recently had a motherboard problem where the bios wouldn t start up and nothing worked I ve just put in a new board and when starting up it got through bios and while loading XP resets started loading XP but a few seconds after the little blue bar started moving it flashed XP resets while loading blue for a millisecond and restarted XP resets while loading the whole thing like I d just pressed the reset button I have tried starting from all the different settings safe previous normal and it does the same thing I assumed it must be a windows problem and so started from the XP cd in the hope of repairing it However when I got into it it told me that it couldn t detect any hdd s attached to my computer When in fact I have there and the bios can detect them when it starts up which doesn t necessarily mean they re not corrupted though I m hoping not to have to resort to wiping the main hdd and reinstalling but it looks like the only option I ve read you can install XP on the second hdd but neither of them are detected when I go into xp cd startup Can anyone help me Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-resets-while-loading.746131/
Relevancy 35.69%

My computer has been Intermittently turning off i ve tried to fix it by doing the following at different times -reinstalled windows and updated -ram and HDD s checks windows -changed the CPU thermo glue multiple times -changed HDD config to raid array occurred before array -changed the graphics card -cleaned all dust out of gpu cpu psu and motherboard -re ran cables and made sure there are no shorts -installed cool laboratory liquid ultra thermo glue on my cpu heat sink Since doing the new thermo glue the last time the computer turns on tries to boot restarts then runs fine till it randomly resets performance has also been slow running chrome with nothing else in the background I ve no clue whats wrong or what to do now would appreciate your help i ve checked changed the power board and cable aswell Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Intermittent resets Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd P A-UD Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

My computer freezes or resets every once in a while. It almost always freezes during gaming. It resets sometimes when it's not even gaming. When it does reset, the Blue Screen of death pops up, but only for about a second and I don't have time to read it.

I've ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (for 4 hours) and Memtest86(10 cycles with both sticks and no errors) to see if it was the memory causing it, but it didn't have much of a problem with it. I also replaced the Power Supply unit and my drivers are pretty up to date.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 3800
1 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon X800Pro
NVIDIA nForce3 K8N Neo2

Power Supply Unit:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194003

Temperatures at idle:

A:PC Freezes/ resets

first off, that's a very nice PSU so that is very unlikely to be the cause. and you have already checked your memory and your temps seem OK...

it would be helpful to see what the exact error message (BSOD) is that you recieve. by default, windows restarts the computer automatically after as BSOD, but you can easily change that in order to view the error message. to do this right mouse click on "my computer" (or goto your system properties control panel) > click "advanced" tab > click 'startup and recovery: settings" > un-check the box marked "automatically restart" > click OK > click OK... the next time it crashes write down the exact error message and any associated file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-resets.555181/
Relevancy 35.69%

For several months now my computer has been randomly cutting out it especially does not seem to like it when I m watching movies like on youtube or in WMP also get a lot a lot of shutdowns when playing world of warcraft no warning and no blue screen its just like if i select the comp to restart except I have not - weeks ago I used PC angel to wipe my harddrive after being unsuccesful with rollbacks but still the problem is there although not as frequent as before the wipe XP service pack Advent T Heres my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Constant resets Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS Dit exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C WINDOWS CNYHKey exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Home Cinema PowerCinema PCMService exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C program files valve steam steam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA COMMON X Common x nets Constant resets exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virginmedia com O - BHO Constant resets AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B Constant resets D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run Dit Dit exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run mmtask c Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run ledpointer CNYHKey exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Home Cinema PowerCinema PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files valve steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service X Device Network Service x nets - X - C PROGRA COMMON X Common x nets exe -- End of file - bytes Thanks in advance for any help Candril nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

My pc decides to reset itself every 15 minutes, as you can imagine this is getting on my tits.

It isnt a blue screen crash, and my computer is not set to auto-reset at a system failure. I've updated gfx drivers and uninstalled some others. I've checked inside the case to make sure there are no loose connections, and it is not an over heating problem, GPU and CPU stay at around 45 degress.

Also, which i find confusing that the intervals between the resets decrease during the day.

I'm thinking a PSU problem.

EZcool 540w
Pentium D 2.8ghz
Nvidia 9600gt Ko edition
1gb Ram

A:Random resets

Yeah, my bet its the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-resets.106107/
Relevancy 35.69%

sometimes when i am using the net or when i am doing something else on my pc
then it just resets itself without asking for it

can anybody tell me how to fix this or what the problem can be

A:WIN xp resets pc all of a sudden

I am having the same trouble, but I just stumbled across this site, that seems like it might help us.
I can't try it myself right now I am not at home, but if you want to give it a shot.
http://www.tweakxp.com/display.asp?id=30
Please post a reply if it does work for you.
Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-resets-pc-all-of-a-sudden.54739/
Relevancy 35.69%

ive noticed in the last little while that when i install something and install it,then click on the app,my computer restarts for no reason this has happened a few times--is it software related or a motherboard prob?

Relevancy 35.69%

When I try to access the CD contents from Windows Explorer, the PC resets itself as the CD begins to rotate!
I've try to copy hundreds of files from CD to HD in a MS-DOS session and nothing happened.

What's the problem?
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-resets-pc-under-winme.119486/
Relevancy 35.69%

I cannot get my fan speed to stay at 100% on my video card. I have used Riva Tuner and Evga precision but nothing will work. I will turn up the fan speed but once the card hits 70 degrees a nVidia fail safe fan speed puts in and puts in to lower fan speed like 35%, 41%, or 50%. I have set up fan profiles on Riva Tuner but the fan speed till goes down. I have tried modding the bios with Nibitor but apparently nVidia`s new card doesn't have the circuitry for changing the min duty cycle on the video card in the bios. I am stuck and I cannot live with 70 degrees celsius idle temp and up to 90+ gaming. I have good air flow through my case with one fan sucking in at front one blowing out on the back and two on the side blowing out.
I have a PNY 9800GT 1gb

Relevancy 35.69%

my computer just resets itself. happens when i'm either watching a video file or playing a game when the computer resets. does anyone know why and how to get rid of this problem? all help will be much appreciated.

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi after just purchasing a gaming PC with windows my router is keeps resetting itself lights go out then it comes back on and Resets Router Itself loads up and so on we have a b network I bought an N adapter to go with Im wondering if it s the N adapter thats causing this to happen I know alot of people state that downloading firmware and updating it will fix it but how do I do this this has been happening for days now and am wondering whether or not to Router Resets Itself buy a new router it s a thomson speedtouch btw Me my brother his girlfriend and my parents are all on the network and it disconnects while it s just me using it and while others are usiing it im just saying it does even if im on the netowkr alone It mainly does it while im gaming am i right in thinking that theres a conflict between the N adapter and the B router although it s meant to be compatible S thanks nbsp

A:Router Resets Itself

Send that one back and get a replacement. Life's too short to screw around with new stuff that doesn't work!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-resets-itself.908858/
Relevancy 35.69%

hello there i have two workstations a desktopand a laptop both are running win ultimate x however only my desktop is able to connect to the internet via a modem wired network and i need the laptop to be online as well desktop is equipped with a tp-link wn g usb wireless modem to transmit adhoc i searched around and chanced upon ad hoc itself? resets adhoc connections so i tried making one while ad hoc connections are working they sort of reset themselves after i close all the computers and ad hoc won't work anymore for example i create an adhoc network named HAUZ and i saved the network i will be able to connect via the laptop if i close the desktop or restart it the adhoc connection can be connected but there is no internet connection anymore if i recreate the adhoc it will work as normal again adhoc resets itself? funny i tried quot adhoc resets itself? hostednetwork quot before and strange although quot netsh wlan show drivers quot shows that adhoc resets itself? quot hostednetwork quot is supported there is still some problems so i decide to stick with adhoc so right now i need to recreate an adhoc connection every time i need internet on my laptop any solution to this thanks in advance tldr ad hoc doesn't work after close desktop

A:adhoc resets itself?

Below is from the help file - it seems like recreating the adhoc makes sense - whats wrong with homegroup - normal - guess i need you to explain it more clearly- anyhow with my pc and laptop i set up homegroup plus live imesh, imesh will let you have access the same as remote control - since yours are ultimate - pro the prerequisite for remote you could just use remote with your 2 ultimate systems - setup a remote connection or use imesh to connect them if this suits - imesh requires you to have windows live essentials installed on both systems:
Set up a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network
An ad hoc network is a temporary connection between computers and devices used for a specific purpose, such as sharing documents during a meeting or playing multiplayer computer games. You can also temporarily share an Internet connection with other people on your ad hoc network, so those people don’t have to set up their own Internet connections. Ad hoc networks can only be wireless, so you must have a wireless network adapter installed in your computer to set up or join an ad hoc network.
Click to open Network and Sharing Center.
Click Set up a new connection or network.
Click Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network, click Next, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
Notes
If one or more of the networked computers is joined to a domain, each person using the network will need to have a user account on that computer to see and access shared items on it.
If the networked computers aren't joined to a domain, but you want to require people to have a user account on your computer to access shared items, turn on password-protected sharing in Advanced sharing settings.
To turn on password protected sharing
Click to open Advanced sharing settings.
Click the chevron to expand the current network profile.
If password-protected sharing is off, click Turn on password protected sharing, and then click Save changes. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
An ad hoc network is automatically deleted after all users disconnect from the network or when the person who set up the network disconnects and goes out of range of the other users of the network, unless you choose to make it a permanent network when you create it.
If you share your Internet connection, Internet connection sharing (ICS) will be disabled if you disconnect from the ad hoc network, you create a new ad hoc network without disconnecting from the old ad hoc network for which you enabled ICS, or you log off and then log back on (without disconnecting from the ad hoc network).
If you set up an ad hoc network and share your Internet connection, and then someone logs on to the same computer by using Fast User Switching, the Internet connection will still be shared, even if you didn't intend to share it with that person.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166758-adhoc-resets-itself.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have the clock set to notify me when clock changes, and it always has a note as to when a change is scheduled for savings time, but it never notifies me nor changes the time on it's own. I always have to reset it myself and that is usually after the time confuses me enough for me to check the actual time.

How do I get it to reset automatically?

A:DST/CST Clock Resets

The notify me is not a dialog box, its that message at the bottom when you click on the time. For automatically setting the time go to the Internet tab. And/Or, make sure in Task Scheduler you have "\Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime" is active.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/196062-dst-cst-clock-resets.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I have been having constant resets for three minths now, they occue with no BSOD, they just happen as though there has been a small power cut as it cuts out then starts up again, I was using another forum to get help and physically and Memtested the ram but that was fine then I had my HJT looked at but not indepth I think and finally last week I got a BSOD, wrote down the message and mailed the guy the minidmp folder but he has yet to get back to me as I guess hes busy atm so I have come here in the hope of getting this resolved

Heres the error message, also find attached the minidmp folder and a HJT log:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP;0x0000001
(0X000002000 0X000000FF 0X00000000 0X000000000)

Relevancy 35.69%

Running Vista Business and IE 7. Recently upgraded to the latest Windows Live Toolbar, which as a built-in Pop-up Blocker. This conflicts with the IE 7 Pop-up Blocker - it does detect the conflict and offers to import the settings. NO Problem thus far. However, when I next use IE 7, the Pop-up Blocker as defaulted back to ON.

I've manually turned it OFF (as well as letting Windows Live Toolbar do it), but whenever I start a new IE7 session, it always resets back to ON.

I thought Tweak IV might be the problem, but I uninstalled that with no change. In any event, I can't find a Tweak IV setting that sets the Pop-up Blocker.

TIA for suggestions or a site that can help.

Al

A:IE7 Pop-up Blocker Resets to ON

Hi albenzing, welcome to TSF..

apologies if you have already tried this but does the following help:

- Click Tools -> Internet Options
- Select the Security tab and then click the 'Custom Level' button
- Scroll down to the 'Miscellaneous' settings and under 'Use Pop-Up Blocker', select Disable
- Click OK/OK/OK to save the settings then restart IE to see if it sticks please.

Hope that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie7-pop-up-blocker-resets-to-on-204497.html
Relevancy 35.69%

This started about 3 days ago. Every time I restart or do a cold boot, the sound resets the volume to zero (0). Everything looks fine in the device manager.

I can move the slider up and then I have sound.

BTW I have onboard sound.

I am just wondering what could have caused this to start happening and how to correct it.

Thanks for any info

A:Sound Resets to Zero

Problem solved. I ran Malwarebytes and it found a couple worms. After removing those the PC is performing normally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/165549-sound-resets-zero.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a self-built PC with the following Mainboard FIC PA CPU AMD K - Megs of RAM and the usual devices Here s the problem It seems like the CPU is getting too hot because Spontaneously PC Resets after a while of running to minutes the system spontaneously resets If the case is completely put together the OS barely boots before the reset occurs Right now I have the sides off the case with a portable fan blowing right into it The CPU came with an attached heatsink fan unit and I ve installed a squirrel-cage type fan in the case to help but the PC Spontaneously Resets system is still unstable even with the portable fan blowing into it Here s what I ve done so far I ve updated the BIOS I even tried several longshots that weren t listed for the board but were more current I ve clocked the system to and MHz but I ve never been able to make the thing run at the full MHz I ve performed clean installs of several different operating systems Windows x NT Linux Solaris just to see if the system behaved differently - made no difference AMD claims to support the board FIC claims to support the CPU but neither company s tech support has responded to any of my email Any ideas Extremely Frustrated Michael Guill nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I have Windows XP Home. My screensaver resets itself to none everytime I try to get it to run. I DO click on apply and it still will not stop resetting to none.
I would appreciate your help

Relevancy 35.69%

i m running winxp and for some reason it has Odd crashes/resets been resetting or completely freezing up randomly for the most part I play counter-strike and it seems to do it more when i m just connecting to a game or sometimes when i m playing It also reset a few times when my comp was just sitting idle while i was watching tv Odd crashes/resets I posted in the hardware area because i think it has to do with cooling I took of my side panel and put a desk fan there to cool stuff down and see how well that worked Worked pretty well for a while I dont crash nearly as much as i did when i didn t have the case apart but it still happens It may have to do with cs or something too but i m leaning towards cooling although i m not positive sys specs win xp sp amd athlon xp gf ultra sb audigy gamer WD gig hard drive ram can t remember brand name worth mentioning i thought i have a bluetooth intellimouse but i doubt that would cause resets freezes I dont remember it doing this when i was on se but it may have done it but i know it didn t do it nearly as much I had a power surge and a few things got fried and i replaced em thats when i really started noticing it All my fans are working though The only things i had to replace cuz they no longer worked was the power supply cpu fan and hard drive I had a friend who works on comps and he said thats all i needed to replace because thats all that seemed to be damaged Any help would be appreciated If you need any further info on system just post Thanks PS I just wanna mainly know if its cooling hardware software or something else that needs fixed nbsp

A:Odd crashes/resets

Try cleaning the fans if their dusty. If you have any open slot covers on the back of the pc, this will cause overheating. You could also buy fans that insert into an unused slot for extra cooling, about 10 to 25 bucks. This also sounds like it could be the power supply, but you installed a new one right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-crashes-resets.111569/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok I started having the problem certain Resets when doing things. a while ago and everything I have gone through is posted on this thread here gt http www techsupportforum com showthread php t Basically my computer resets on doing a few things namely from what I know Doing a Disk Cleanup near the end or at the end of the scanning compressed Resets when doing certain things. files Loading in a game Playing around with Java type games I did all of the scans removed a few things Spybot S amp D Cookie Advertising com Avenue A Inc DoubleClick HitBox Unknown MediaPlex WebTrends live WildTangent Visualizers WildTangent Plus it found DeFuCr Which shows up as Malware or something like that they were all removed fixed so it says Ad-aware found the usual or so cookies and RegKey Reg Values belonging to CnsMin all removed Virus killers found nothing And earlier I had another reset no blue screens or anything just a black screen reset when using a simple desktop game for about minutes So I redid all of the scans and now I am posting up this log to see if you can notice anything which is out of place Thank you for your time on this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C mysql bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www btopenworld com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BTopenworld O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E DE - EE- - B - B C CB FA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WebCam Go Plus Sti Service Application Wcgopsvc O - HKLM Run DevconDefaultDB C WINDOWS READREG PSCONV NO NO DEFPS O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM RunServices itmv O - HKLM RunServices msngr services quot C WINDOWS system Windows Updates Ymesngr exe quot O - HKCU Run SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDef exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra button ICQ Pro - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C PROGRA ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ - f... Read more

A:Resets when doing certain things.

I can't find enough information for this file -> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Windows Updates\Ymesngr.exe
Right click on that file and go to Properties. Then go to the Version tab and see what information you can get from there (Company, Description, etc.) and post it here.

Also please do this:

Please submit the following file to Jotti File Scan

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Windows Updates\Ymesngr.exe

At the top of the window you should see "File to Upload & scan" and a blank box. Copy and paste the red text from above into the box. Then click "submit".

When it is finished, please copy and paste the information listed under "Service" and "Scanner Results" here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/resets-when-doing-certain-things-107013.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi a couple weeks ago i upgraded to win 7 and formatted my hard drive. I formatted my drive and checked my drive for errors several times and everything seemed alright. But roughly every 2-3 hours it will sort of lag for a second then reboot. It doesn't matter if it's not even under stress or being used it will still reset. So you can see how this would become annoying pretty quickly. My specs are
CPU: E6750 2.6ghz dual core
Mobo: GA- p35 - DSE
RAM: 2GB KINGSTON DDR2
GPU: ATI HD RADEON 3870

Im clueless about what could be causing it. Iv run disc checks and defragged ect...still not fixed. If anyone could gimme a hand i would greatly appreciate it,
PEACE

PS all the fans and temperatures are normal.

A:Random resets

Go start > type event viewer in search boX and enter > go to administrative events
Any errors occur at the time of reboot ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-resets-494458.html
Relevancy 35.69%

For several months now my computer has been randomly cutting out it especially does not seem to like it when I'm watching movies like on youtube or in WMP also get a lot a lot of shutdowns when playing world of warcraft no warning and no blue screen its just like if i select the comp to restart except Constant resets I have not - weeks ago I used PC angel to wipe my Constant resets harddrive after being unsuccesful with rollbacks but still the problem is there although not as frequent as before the wipe XP service pack Advent T Heres my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Constant resets saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS Dit exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C WINDOWS CNYHKey exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Home Cinema PowerCinema PCMService exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Constant resets Foundation CFD exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C program files valve steam steam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA COMMON X Common x nets exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virginmedia com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run Dit Dit exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run mmtask c Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run ledpointer CNYHKey exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Home Cinema PowerCinema PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run BJCFD C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files valve steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service X Device Network Service x nets - X - C PROGRA COMMON X Common x nets exe -- End of file - bytes Thanks in advance for any help Candril

Relevancy 35.69%

My DSL connection resets every 20 minutes or so which is really annoying because if I'm doing anything at all that requires a stream it boots me/ restarts/ times out. I have wireless, but I know that is not the issue because the router and my computer still communicate, its just the router which is not connected with the internet. After about 5 minutes the router reconnects and everything goes back to normal until the next time. I've already posted a hijackthis logfile in the security forum to make sure its not a virus, I don't think it is but I may have missed something. I have a Linksys GT704-WG router. I've already checked to see if there are any programs interfering with the connection but found none.

Relevancy 35.69%

My computer resets at seemingly random times. I will be doing whatever (nothing ever demanding of the system) and it starts loading a bit then just resets.

P4 1.6GHz
768Mb RAM
40GB Harddrive
XP SP2
SiS chipset

A:Random Resets

More info on it now

I disabled Autorestart, but it reset anyways, this time giving me a blue screen.

Told me a bunch of stuff, try updating BIOS, disable shadow, cache etc.

Then the confusing stuff that makes no sense to me, I will leave to you guys.

STOP: 0x00000068E (0xC0000005, 0xF354C307, 0xF350DA20, 0x00000000)

system32: lzx32.sys - Address F354C3D7 base at F354A000,
Datestamp 458c2c44.

UPDATE

I researched lzx32.sys and apparently its a trojan and I followed instructions to get rid of it...hopefully it is done with now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-resets-132890.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am running xp service pack 2. My clock keeps resetting when I turn it off.
I reset the time and date when I turn the computer on and it is fine. When i turn it back on the day after the clock is at the time and date i set it to the previous day. I have changed the cmos battery but it still does the same thing. Any ideas.

A:Clock resets itself

workinggirl said:

I am running xp service pack 2. My clock keeps resetting when I turn it off.
I reset the time and date when I turn the computer on and it is fine. When i turn it back on the day after the clock is at the time and date i set it to the previous day. I have changed the cmos battery but it still does the same thing. Any ideas.Click to expand...

Hi workinggirl,

You need the Windows Time service to be automatically started up. It will then sync your clock with the Atomic Clock from NIST automatically once a week for you, and you should no longer have the problem you cite.

Do this:
Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
Right-click Properties for the Windows Time service
and using the pull-down in the middle of the Properties display window:
set the Startup Type to: Automatic
Click on Apply, then Ok to exit the Properties display window
Exit from the Service display window.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clock-resets-itself.444625/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All Just recently added a Mb Apacer DDR RAM chip into my computer This chip is PC by specification My board ASRock K VM only runs at PC but I discovered that DDR RAM is backward compatible please correct me if I am wrong When doing this I also added a Gb HDD that I got off a friend Software wise since then I re-formatted and used a Ghost image to get going again however got a virus from internet use forgot I hadnt added the firewall to the ghost image so complete Resets RAM?? of out Random - re-format and Random Resets - out of RAM?? start again I ve pulled the sides off the case because of the random resets which I assume are from heat The mainboard has a quot U-COP quot system Universal CPU Overheat Protection or something so I assumed that this was responsible for the resetting However randomly whilst using the computer before it goes resetting itself at inconvenient times programs crash It appears as though they have run out of RAM or something yet theres more in there now than there was before and it was running OK So could this increase in RAM mean the processor is working more efficiently therefore generating more heat And why are my programs dying while Im using them This is the second time I ve typed this because Internet Explorer died while I was typing it the first time All help hints ideas are greatly appreciated -Adam nbsp

A:Random Resets - out of RAM??

Hello and Welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

the problem might be beacuse of the RAM go to this site and download this utility and check ur RAM

www.memtest86.com

if u dont have floppy then burn it in a CD and then run the test. :suspiciou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-resets-out-of-ram.26717/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have cox cable internet and it works well when it's working. But I have to reset the modem at least 3 times a day because it drops the DNS address to all 0 I replaced my wireless router thinking that was the problem but it remains. I have 2 iOS devices and a chromebook laptop on the network as well as an xbox and ps3. To reset the modem I unplug the power cable and then hold the tiny reset button for about 10 seconds. The reset has occurred when each of the devices was the only one on the network and there are no freeloaders on the network according to my routers access logs.

A:DNS resets on all devices

i would try the DNS to use google open DNS and see if that stops the issue
Google public DNS
Note using google public DNS servers from outside the US may actually slow performace - so use the following as a test to identify DNS issues - if these resolve the issues , then we need to investigate further to optimise the use of DNS
Google public DNS
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address up on a PC
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

Flush & register DNS

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/registerdns

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator
Start> All Programs> Accessories and then right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

now type the command again

I have found these to be a useful tools to use for DNS testing
https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm
https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

How to set XP here
http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/google-public-dns-on-win7-and-winxp.html

How to setup windows 7 DNS
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/15037-dns-addressing-how-change-windows-7-a.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-resets-on-all-devices.1126686/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I ve browsed thru the archive and not resets normal.dot found a solution for normal.dot resets this A normal.dot resets couple of weeks ago I developed a problem on my computer at work Word s Normal dot file would reset itself every day so that all my macros disappeared I ve had to import my backup copy several times now when all my macros have vanished at startup After the first week or two instead of automatically erasing Normal dot Word started giving me a message when I start it that there s a problem and do I want to create a new Normal dot to which I say No and it all seems fine macros still there The IT department doesn t know why this happened nor do they particularly care which is why I ve come here for help They barely know how to use Word at all This all happened after the IT department switched us from Lotus Notes to Outlook for e-mail I don t know why that would have caused this but FYI For the first few days Outlook was set to have the Preview pane open could a virus have downloaded itself that way Except I ve scanned the whole system with Norton AV and found nothing Norton s Liveupdate is on so the dat files are current Also Outlook was initially set by default to use Word as the e-mail editor could it have decided to overwrite Normaldot for its own reasons If so how can I make it not do that I ve come to prefer using Word as I can use my macros and Autocorrect which saves time Despite having the use autocorrect when Word isn t the e-mail editor option checked Outlook won t actually use my autocorrect settings Access does use them Any ideas on keeping Normal dot out of trouble I have a lot of macros that I can t do without System details Dell Optiplex GX Microsoft Windows IE MB RAM Gig HD Gig free Office XP I know I know Win MB ram Office XP It s a wonder it ll even boot up Thanks in advance nbsp

A:normal.dot resets

Check Tools, File locations and see if their is a path listed for templates. Check the templates location to see if normal.dot is really there. Do a search to see if there is more than one normal.dot file on the system. Also, it may be infected with a macro virus. Try putting normal.dot in the Exceptions tab under the Norton options. Make sure the system scan is set to all files not just program files. I had an issue with some Controls Engineering software that did not like Norton scanning it.

Last resort, uninstall Office from the machine (save your normal.dot backup file though), remove all registry settings (be sure to backup the registry first) and then run mseraser. Not sure where to download this utility from.

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/normal-dot-resets.143655/
Relevancy 35.69%

hya my PC keeps crashing resetting not just to PC games resets in windows when entering certain games a week ago my pc started crashing while i was playing League of Legends and Morrowind both are to my understanding PC resets in games pretty easy on resources this is a PC that ran Crysis so Morrowind should be a piece of cake i ve played both games on this PC before and i had no trouble until a week ago gradually the crashes got worse up to the point where I d crash as soon as i enter the game the reason this isn t in a software category is that i already re-formatted reinstalled all the drivers and reinstalled the games still crashes the strange thing is that i installed some older games Baldur s Gate for example and they cause no crashes so it seems like there is a strain factor sry if i m mistaken and this is a software issue but this is what makes sense so far here are the PC details since i m not sure what these mean exactly i ll copy everything straight off Sys Prop if anything else is required please tell me where to check it Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GHZ GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS i m running Windows XP Pro ver sp if that s relevant so what is it material exhaustion nbsp

A:PC resets in games

What CPU cooling system do you have

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-resets-in-games.148956/