Windows Support Forum

Problem with tp-link N wireless router

Q: Problem with tp-link N wireless router

Hi , my wifi dosent open facebook or browser but it can open watsapp , viber ..... etc and when I connect my pc to it torrent work fine and download but dosent open any page on browser so please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem with tp-link N wireless router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem with tp-link N wireless router

Are you sure FB isn't blocked in Egypt (I see that you are from there via your profile)? That could be the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-tp-link-n-wireless-router.204205/
Relevancy 76.97%

Dear Folks,

Heres my problem.

I have a D Link 502T ADSL Router.. which works well. And a D Link WBR1310 Wireless Router. Now, if i connect the wirelss router, the internet wont work. All the lights indicate that everything's right but internet wont work. And if i connect the lan cable directly to the ADSL router, it works fine.

I tried pinging the wireless router and got a msg sayin 'Destination Host Unreachable'

What can be the possible solution?

Regards,
Apurva.

A:D Link Wireless Router Problem

Try JohnWill's instructions for connecting two routers here:

http://forums.techguy.org/networkin...reless-routers.html?highlight=soho+connecting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-wireless-router-problem.560950/
Relevancy 76.97%

I had to replace my old and crappy router with a new one and now I'm with D-Link WBR-2310. I have one wired desktop with XP SP2, one notebook with XP SP2 and one iTouch with 2.2.
I had no problems with setting up the configuration as a whole, but it just disappears as a wireless network. It does that randomly, and when I cannot detect it neither by the laptop nor with the iPod, the wired computer remains undisturbed and connected to the WAN no problem.
When I go to the D-Link website of the router, I just click on "Save Settings" (without changing anything), the router resets and miraculously, everything is back to normal, wireless working perfectly. I find that funny.
Does anyone know how to stop my router from having its random periods? What, we have women, now its technology's turn to go to the dark side?

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there I have a small wireless broadband network at home link wireless via to router connecting Problem Up until a few weeks ago it was all good I started experiencing problems with the line being dropped for hours at a time Couldn t connect to internet at all but all pcs in house still seeing wireless router Broadband service provider came to check and when he left the router had lost all it s settings I resetup the router with the same network name and WPA key etc Now I cannot establish a wireless link from my laptop to the router I can plug in the usb cable directly and connect to the internet All other pcs in the house are fine What I see is that momentarily the wireless link Problem connecting via wireless link to router is established with excellent connectivity but then it drops saying it s trying to acquire a network address and provides me with a list of wireless networks that I could connect Problem connecting via wireless link to router to mine being in the list On my laptop I have re-entered the wireless network name and retyped the WPA key to authenticate but am still not able to connect Any suggestions would be very welcome Thanks ahead Nikki nbsp

A:Problem connecting via wireless link to router

This sounds as if your laptop is not getting an IP address from the router. This is probably due to security settings on the router, so 1st I would disable all wireless security while this is fixed.
Access the router with a patch cable to get at the settings.
If you can then sign on - run cmd and then ipconfig to make sure you have been given an IP address by the router for both the wireless and cable connection.
Once you have a connection, reset the security - one thing to check might be access permissions by MAC number.
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-via-wireless-link-to-router.83948/
Relevancy 76.11%

My problem is in my aunt's wireless network. About a year ago I helped her set up a network for her new laptop. And everything was working just fine until about 2 weeks ago. Were she would be able to access the internet with her laptop, now she can't. I've checked the cables and the setup, nothing has changed. No shock there. But for some reason the computer will see the network but not connect to the net through the router. What gives?

Working with:

D-Link WBR-2310 Wireless Router
Toshiba Satellite L45-S7409 Laptop PC

-FRN-

A:I have a problem with a D-Link WBR-2310 Wireless Router

This might be a problem with the laptop and not the router. What operating system is on the laptop? Has your aunt recently applied or updated any software on her laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-a-problem-with-a-d-link-wbr-2310-wireless-router.111697/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm trying to set up wireless internet on my PC using the D-Link DI-524 router and a D-Link DWL-G122 USB Wireless Adapter. After following all the steps to connect the router to my modem & computer, I am instructed to enter an IP address (http://192.168.0.1/) into my web browser, after which I am to continue the configuration process. However, popping that address into the URL address box of my web browser does nothing but inform me that this page is not available offline, and asks me if I want to connect (which I cannot do).

I am led to understand that the address I am trying to connect with is the router itself, which is lit up as if fully operational. Now why can't I get into the address to continue the process?

BTW, I'm running WinXP.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there,
when i installed my dsl connection for the first time,my Internet Service Provider gave me the wepkey of the D-link adsl wireless router(DSL-2640U)that comes with the internet package..i used the wep key for the first time on my laptop and saved the connection and it works and still working correctly with the same saved wep key..The problem im experiencing is that im trying to connect to the wireless router using another devices(laptops,ps3,iphone)with the same wepkey and it doesnt work like if the wepkey is wrong..my laptop still use the same saved wepkey and it connects with no problem,do you have any idea about this problem?

A:D-LINK adsl wireless router wepkey problem

Hi samer.d and welcome to TSG.

Are the other devices actually reporting that the WEP key is wrong and asking you to re-enter it or just reporting a failure to connect or a limited connection?

If your broadband service is sold as being for use with a single computer, the provider could have configured the router to only allow one computer to connect at a time and may have gone a step further and have the router lock on to the MAC address of the first device that connects to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-adsl-wireless-router-wepkey-problem.808962/
Relevancy 75.25%

I've searched around on process to secure my wireless network, and just about every articles state to type in the default IP into your web browser to open the D-Link menu. The problem I'm having is, insead of the D-Link menu coming up, I recieve one for my DSL modem.

Is there any other way to check my D-Link config menu?

DSL Modem Model Number is: "ActionTec GT701"
Router Model Number: "WBR-2310"

A:Problem with securing my wireless network with D-link router

Your modem is a modem/router combo and probably has the same LAN IP address as the other router. To access the WBR-2310 disconnect it from the modem/router and then connect a computer to one of its LAN ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-securing-my-wireless-network-with-d-link-router.587665/
Relevancy 75.25%

After initial setup of the router all was fine. After going in to set up (it was an unsecured network) WEP security for the network I could no longer connect wirelessly to the Internet. I can connect to the internet when I use a cable from the router to the laptop. The computer shows the wireless network connection is connected and I can print wirelessly to the print server so I think the computer and router are connecting. I can also connect to another laptop through the router and all is fine on that computer. I have talked to D-link tech support and have not solved the problem yet.

I don't know why it will not work now, it did after I first set it up, I should have left well enough alone.

Please help me get back to wireless.

Windows XP Pro SP2
WBR-2310 wireless G router
Motorola Cable Modem

Thanks,
Bill

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I have D-Link DSL T ADSL Modem and Belkin N Wireless Router The modem works DSL320-T D-Link Internet N+ ADSL Wireless Problem + Router Performance Belkin Modem great on its own connected to the network card in my laptop The problem starts when I connect it to the router doesn t matter wired or wireless connection The internet works but slower and sort of snaps every few seconds To give you an example when I use skype the sound and picture freezes every few seconds or when I click on different websites in my browser every few seconds I get the not connected to the interent D-Link DSL320-T ADSL Modem + Belkin N+ Wireless Router Internet Performance Problem screen - I D-Link DSL320-T ADSL Modem + Belkin N+ Wireless Router Internet Performance Problem have to refresh and it loads fine All those problems dissapear when I connect the modem to the network card of my laptop I tried few things and this is what I found out When I switch the router into Access Point mode it works great wired and wireless as if it the modem was connected straight to my laptop - no snaps skype works great It doesn t help when I turn the firewall off in the router It doesn t help when the QoS option is enabled The router is fine as it works great with cable modem I think maybe there is something wrong because of DHCP option enabled in both devices Here is my ADSL Modem Config DHCP ON Starting IP Ending IP Subnet mask Here is my router config DHCP ON Starting IP Ending IP Subnet mask Please Help nbsp

A:D-Link DSL320-T ADSL Modem + Belkin N+ Wireless Router Internet Performance Problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dsl320-t-adsl-modem-belkin-n-wireless-router-internet-performance-problem.855476/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I currently connect to the internet through a wired ethernet port in the wall which connects to my university's network.

I want to make this wireless since I bought a new macbook and was wondering if this product would do it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006PYGWG6

I don't know much about it but I was concerned because the Router Mode says 'cable connection only' and I'm not sure the connection is cable (is it ADSL?). Will I need anything else like a modem?

Any advice?

A:Making an ethernet university connection wireless with TP-LINK Wireless Travel Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-an-ethernet-university-connection-wireless-with-tp-link-wireless-travel-router.1108900/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have had issues trying to setup this wireless network up for a few days please help me if you wireless router 2Wire wireless modem and DSL TP-LINK can as im close to using hammers and impact drills I have the Wire HGV-W wireless 2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router DSL modem from telstra bigpond which was supplying my house with wireless internet the wireless network from the Wire is a secured network and works fine but the signal is too weak and keeps dropping out in the upstairs study which is where its needed so i bought a external wireless antenna which i attached to a wireless router i had laying around its a TP-LINK TL-WR G this one has a connector for external antennas from the Wire modem i hooked up using ethernet cable the TP-LINK wireles router i 2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router tried to connect teh upstirs computer as expected wireless networks were displayed Wire-secured and TP-LINK- unsecured here is where the problem starts the signals get mixed up both networks show full signal strength but if i connect to the 2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router Wire the signal will drop to quot very low quot and it just wont connect to the TP-LINK network what im i missing here any help would be very much appretiated Thanks nbsp

A:2Wire wireless DSL modem and TP-LINK wireless router

Configure the channel of the secondary router to be different from the primary router. Keep them at least four channels apart. Configure both of them with the same SSID and encryption key, and you'll have seamless networking (well close) between them. You can use this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector to find the clearest channels.

The secondary router should also be configured as follows to create a single network where all the connected devices are peers.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2wire-wireless-dsl-modem-and-tp-link-wireless-router.904967/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys!
Previously had a belkin wireless router set up with my d-link ADSL modem but found that i had to keep restarting the router as the green lights would appear and work fine for an hour or so but then either dissappear or start flashing and the signal strength was crap.So just bought a new D-link DIR 615 router and installed it but in a way its giving me the same problem. It works fine but after an hour so maybe more i see that the led next to the power button that i believe is the internet led is orange and i i have to restart the router sometimes a few times to bring back the internet. what do you reckon the problem might be?any help is appreciated.Cheers guys

A:Wireless Router D-Link help!

Well, since two routers have failed in the same way with that modem, have you considered the issue may be the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-d-link-help.927830/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a cable internet and using a cable modem and a d-link wireless router to receive the internet Everything was fine till last week when my wireless stopped to work I unplugged the wireless router and plugged it again and it worked But after - hours it Router D-Link Wireless happened again and this time even unplug-plug the router didn t work Right now I can connect to the internet via the modem and cable D-Link Wireless Router But I cannot see the router signal at all neither on my MacBook nor on my iPhone The router LED lights are work as usual POWER LED solid green M blinking red light M solid red light WAN blinking green light The cable modem is connected to the WAN port in the router by a cable I try to connect D-Link Wireless Router to the router by using a cable connected to one of the LAN ports but it doesn t get the IP I also try to access to the router configuration with the address but I couldn t even ping this address I also pressed the reset button in the router and hold it for seconds in the power-on state but nothing happened BTW I am not sure if I am using a correct cable to connect the router to the laptop Is there any difference between the cables It drives me crazy during the past days and I really appreciate if anyone can help me --Mari nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Dear friends...

How are you?

I have experienced certain problems with that router, DI-524 150MB D-link router... It works just fine with windows seven except for the fact that it requires me to switch it off at every 6 or 10 hours (as suggested by win 7's troubleshooter)

Unplug your router for 10 seconds and bla bla bla...

It works after that, the problem it that I have to do it again and again, over and over!

Could you help me to find out what is going on?

Many thanks

Offroad

A:Wireless DI-524 D-link router

Thats an old one isn't it, I don't see it listed on the D-Link forums? Do you have the latest firmware? Do you have any cordless phones in the same 2.4 GHz band? I did and they messed up my DIR-615. Double check your settings, I might even reset it to defaults and set it all up again. A common suggestion on the D-Link forums for problems like that is to disable "DNS Relay" and "Advanced DNS". You'll have to reboot your PC(s) if you disable DNS relay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83476-wireless-di-524-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a wireless D-LINK DSL-G604T. How can i change the IP address for WAN? I am using PPP0E as my connection. Thanks

A:D-link wireless router

You don't.

Your ISP assigns you an IP when you establish a PPPoE connection. Whether you get a fixed one or it is reassigned every time, depends on your ISP and your service.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-wireless-router.58656/
Relevancy 65.36%

All lights are off on my router - does this mean it is dead?

A:D-Link Wireless Router

Hi hesamiba, and welcome to TSG,

It may be dead. Or, the power adapter may be dead, or the power adapter is not getting power from the outlet, or the power adapter is not plugged into the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-wireless-router.1102759/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok, heres the problem.

I have a D-link wireless N router, my PC is connected to it directly. I also have another PC in the living room connected to it with a USB wireless adapter.

When the wireless PC is connected to it, every 30-45 seconds or so I get an internet freeze spike, as in my internet stops responding ( no error message or anything ), when the wireless PC is turned off, everything is fine.

The wireless PC is not downloading anything, no viruses or spyware on neither.

Both are running windows XP home.

ANyone know why this could be happening ?

Edit;

my network card:
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

A:D-link wireless N router.

are you using wzc or the usb adapter utility for wireless?

have you setup the wireless onnection, are you using encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-wireless-n-router.698970/
Relevancy 64.93%

The popular DSL wireless router model from D-Link are allegedly vulnerable to a software bug that could allow remote hackers to modify the DNS Domain Name System settings on affected routers and to hijack users' traffic The main goal of DNS hijacking is to secretly redirect user s traffic from a legitimate websites to a malicious one controlled by hackers The vulnerability might also affects other devices because it is located in the same widely-used wireless router firmware used by different manufacturers Bulgarian security researcher Todor Donev discovered the flaw which exists in a widely deployed ZynOS firmware from ZyXEL Communications Corporation that is used in network hardware from TP-Link Technologies ZTE and D-Link According to the a Have have D-Link might Wireless Router? been Hacked You security researcher D-Link s popular DSL R wireless router and a number of other D-Link routers particularly the DLS- B are vulnerable Late last year similar router vulnerability was discovered in the web server RomPager from AllegroSoft which is typically embedded into the firmware of routers modems and other gateway devices from about every leading manufacturer The flaw put million homes and offices routers from a variety of different manufacturers vulnerable to DNS hijacking attack which also included kit from D-Link along with Edimax Huawei TP-Link ZTE and ZyXEL Have a D-Link Wireless Router? You might have been Hacked Have a D-Link Wireless Router You might have been Hacked

A:Have a D-Link Wireless Router? You might have been Hacked

how i know if iam hacked?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565551/have-a-d-link-wireless-router-you-might-have-been-hacked/
Relevancy 64.93%

My interent is working perfectly fine its just other devices cant connect to the router. I had this router for like 1 month and devices could connect to it but today for some reason the router's wireless symbol just keeps flashing instead of staying a constant green. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Relevancy 64.93%

A friend of mine has given me a D-link DIR-615 Wireless Router. I only have a copper 10 meg ADSL service. The Router Internet socket is an RJ45, the ADSL Filters are RJ11. Is it possible to get this router to work on an ADSL Filter ? Can you get ADSL Filters with both an RJ45 and BT Phone connection on them, or a converter lead which converts RJ45 to RJ11 to work on the current ADSL filter I have please ? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone was wondering security pls link wireless router Tp help if someone could help me with a set up problem Am using Windows Vista on wireless laptop connecting through Virgin Media broadband until today was sick of trailing wires so decided to go wireless Wireless Router is TP-Link WR G at present it is set up without security I know I must be mad but am Tp link wireless router security help pls tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to set up the security Have changed the user name and password but when it comes to enabling the wireless security that is where i m coming unstuck Options are for WEP WPA WPA WPA-PSK WPA Tp link wireless router security help pls -PSK which I suppose are standard to all most wireless routers The problem is when I use WEP and input a password bit key chars on Key the router accepts the password but then blocks all access with an error message on Network Sharing saying the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network have tried bit key and same error message appears After reading a few posts I realise that WEP apparently isn t very secure but when I tried to input a WPA WPA key the system asks for a Radius Server IP and password and I have no idea what this is Then looked at WPA -PSK and entered a passphrase which system accepted Tp link wireless router security help pls then blocked internet access with same error message as before doesn t match network requirements Sorry if this is long winded could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong am going round in circles am not usually this thick but appear to be giving that impression at the moment Any help greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Tp link wireless router security help pls

Enable WPA2-PSK if your computer(s) support that. Else use WPA-PSK. If you can't connect, delete the profile for your wireless network on that computer, scan for networks, and connect. Make the passphrase at least 8 upper and lower case letters and numbers (do not use dictionary words).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-wireless-router-security-help-pls.738016/
Relevancy 64.93%

Alright so my problem is, I have a wireless router that I would like to connect to my PS3. I know that all I need to see for now, is the router's settings and configuration but when I type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar... "Page cannot be displayed" on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

specs:

Router: D-Link WBR-1310 (Wireless Router)

I'm not sure which of my ipconfig I should share with you so please reply and if you need ANY more info I will gladly give it to you. PLEASE HELP!! I need this working by tonight!!

Relevancy 64.93%

I can't get this stupid thing working. I know it works, because we used to have a different internet provider and it worked just fine, however, I can't get it working with our new Charter internet...
Please help....please....
I've been trying to do this for over 9 hours...yeah, and that is no exaggeration

Relevancy 64.93%

I already had a dlink wired router setup and four systems running great for some time. now I plan on adding more to the system, precisely a wireless dlink.

I have heard that i should disable DHCp in the second router. I did and here are a few questions:
1a. Do I set a static dhcp?
1b.If so what ?

2.Under lan settings on router 2 what would be a good ip address, subnet mask ?

Relevancy 64.93%

My hubby set up our wireless router, d-link wbr-1310 but is not able to remember our password. I have read about doing a hard reset but have a feeling I am missing a vital step. Do I need to have the router connected to the laptop somehow in order for me to reset? In order for me to go online with the laptop I will have to plug into the wall, but then my router will not be plugged into the computer any longer... HELP? I must sound like an idiot, but my hubby is in Iraq and not able to be here to help.

A:How do I reset our wireless d-link router

Why do you need to reset the router? Are you having problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-reset-our-wireless-d-link-router.923075/
Relevancy 64.93%

I had mine set up with a cable internet connection and have moved back home so I need to set it up using our PPPoE connection.... Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do, I have tried to follow thier directions on the internet and it does not work. and i do not have my manual as I left it at my apartment... thanks

A:W-Link DI-524 wireless router setup

I cannot figire out what the problem is and its very frustrating.... any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w-link-di-524-wireless-router-setup.562936/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok Everything was working fine with my laptop and my wireless rounter until my brother took the laptop to school to use it there. now I cannot get an IP address for the life of me. I try to repair the connection but it cannot complete that because it can't renew the IP address. Any Idea how to fix that thanks.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
I have just got back online after 2 weeks of no internet!!
Virgin media told me there was a problem with the server but it is now fixed. My desktop (windows xp) is now working fine until we try to connect our d-link wireless router to the modem, and then we cannot connect to the internet.
The d-link worked fine before, so I can't work out why it won't work now.
I have been back in touch with Virgin media and they say to have the router checked out, but we have had it a year with no problems until they
messed up with the server.
Hope I have explained enough for somebody to help!!

A:Solved: d-link wireless router

Hi and welcome.

Once you connect the router, power everything down (modem and router), wait 5 minutes, then restart. Restarting computers may be necessary afterwards as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-d-link-wireless-router.755482/
Relevancy 64.93%

So we've had a new wireless router installed and everything else works fine (Windows 7 laptops and PCs, mobile phone, Xbox 360 ect.) the only problem I'm having is the fact my Vista laptop won't connect, well it does but it classes it as a local. I've done command prompt Ping and have no response back from the router and starting to think the security on it is set up wrong does anyone know the right security settings for it?

Model: TL-WR940N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-wireless-router-on-vista-help.1037843/
Relevancy 64.93%

It s frustrating because it s been disconnecting a lot recently like every hour sometimes every minutes and i would have to go downstairs to keep on putting the plugs in and out again for it to work I thought it was because it kept d-link my keep wireless Why does disconnecting? 11a/11g router on locking up which it stopped now but even when it s not locked up anymore it s still doing it What s also surprising is that it now when the Why does my d-link 11a/11g wireless router keep disconnecting? computer wireless upstairs disconnects i would just use the computer downstairs where the router is because the computer downstairs doesn t need wireless But now this computer breaks whenever the one upstairs breaks too I tried changing the channels but everytime that happens it still doesn t work whether i m on channel to doesn t matter What s wrong with this thing is it the firmware other router Why does my d-link 11a/11g wireless router keep disconnecting? users in the area hacking or something cause i know there are alot in this area who have it or is it the portable phones There s we have It s just annoying can anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I need someone to help me with my tp link wireless router problem. The problem is related to windows 8 apps.

A:Tp-link wireless router filtering

...so, do we call a Psychic...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49195-tp-link-wireless-router-filtering.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I have managed to get the wireless portion of my router working for the two wireless laptops in my house one is Win XP WR541G wireless router Link TP the other Linux and am now trying to connect via rj ports ethernet cat e cable my TP Link WR541G wireless router router and desktop computer that is running Windows XP My connection type set when I setup my wireless router is pppoe I have my router connected to a SpeedStream Modem my ISP is Bell I am worried that I will have to purchase a hub switch in order to allow the desktop PC to access the internet although it seems to me from reading other internet postings that what I am attempting to do should work with just the modem router setup that I have I haven t worked with Windows LAN networks before wired not wireless I have only dealt with my laptop s wireless internet connections and it seems much simpler to deal with than wired lan connections If somebody could direct me to the proper wizard in windows with the proper responses to it s questions or provide me some other kind of help this would be much appreciated I feel like I have gone through all of the network setup internet connection wizards with every option with no success although I may be missing something I AM missing something I hope I have given enough information nbsp

A:TP Link WR541G wireless router

To connect a computer to a router by ethernet you simply connect the cable. Unless you have changed something or something is defective or a non-Windows firewall is blocking it just works. No fuss, no muss.

For the problem PC please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-wr541g-wireless-router.974725/
Relevancy 64.07%

My neighbour went out and bought a D-link G from D-link enough strong Wireless get Router Can't signal Wireless G router and an extension antennae We got the two Can't get strong enough signal from D-link Wireless G Router computers beside the router working by wiring them directly into the back of the router but the son s new Dell PC is one floor above and almost directly above the office with the router All I had to do to the kids computer was plug in a D-link USB wireless G adapter installed the drivers off the CD and the computer automatically tried to detect an internet connection The problem is I don t think the signal is strong enough but this PC is well within the FT range that Wireless G offers The addition of the extra antennae should extend that range further but the Dell PC attempts to find a signal but it can t authorize or lock on to it When I went into the configuration screen it said the signal strength was So my question is do we need to get the next model up Extreme G which offers greater range and speed or is there some way to configure this setup to work I admit this is the first time dealing with setting up a network of any kind so I m rather lost nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I HAVE CONNECTED THIS WIRELESS ROUTER SUCCESSFULLY USING ASDL FILTERS & LAN CABLE, HOWEVER WHEN I UNPLUG THE LAN I LOSE INTERNET CONNECTION. SO MUCH FOR WIRELESS SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE.

Relevancy 64.07%

I have an 8 year old Gateway desktop installed with Windows XP. Location upstairs. I purchased a new Toshiba laptop to use downstairs. Was told by the salesman that I would need a router and possibly an adapter to have them both functioning from the same cable company in my home. I don't see anywhere on the desktop to plug in an adapter or even if the adapter comes with the router or if I have to purchase the adapter separately. Would the adapter be wireless---don't want to break the seal on the box---in case I have to return it. I'm new to computers---need to sign up for some classes . Hope some of you can help me with this question.

Thanks very much,
LVYoung

A:Wireless G Router by D-LINK Model #WBR 1310

How about the exact make/model of the modem you currently use? I assume that you're connected with a cable from the modem to the Gateway machine, right? You MUST have a modem that has Ethernet connection capability to use a router for multiple connections, if you have a USB only modem, you'll need a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-g-router-by-d-link-model-wbr-1310.727989/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an old D-Link router (DI-624), can I use it as a wireless card? I am short on money and don't want to buy a PCI one.
I have Windows XP Pro SP2, and the CD that the router came with.

A:Can I Use My Old D-link Wireless Router As A Wifi Card?

Could you give some more information please? Do you have a NIC card in your computer? Or are you asking if you can use a router in place of a wireless adapter? Your computer must have a wireless adapter or a wired NIC card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108467/can-i-use-my-old-d-link-wireless-router-as-a-wifi-card/
Relevancy 64.07%

I cannot enable the wireless setting on my D-Link 601 router. It is grayed out along with all the other wireless settings on that setup page.

I used to be able to turn it on & off. It's usually turned off but I turned it on a few days ago to look at the various settings. I never saved any changes.

FWIW the Wireless Setup Wizard is also grayed out. I noticed it was that way a few days ago when I was done looking at the settings while using the Manual Wireless Setup, but do not recall what it looked like earlier.

Any ideas on what I might have done & how to get back access to the wireless settings?

A:Cannot enable wireless setting in D-Link router

Try resetting the router to factory default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319060-cannot-enable-wireless-setting-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Okey guys i need your help. Ive bought a d-link dir-300 wireless router connected my ethernet cable to lan port1 and and another ethernet cable to lan port two and my desktop pc. I went to my laptop and saw the dlinskys connection but it was unsecure. I double clicked on it,entered the pin adress made it - security type wpa2-personal(recomended) and the AES encryption. But somehow the internet on the wireless laptop is local only in vista. In my desktop pc is perfectly fine. And i cannot acsess the usual 192.168.0.1 my ip adress is 192.168.1.112.

Relevancy 64.07%

I was trying to hook up a d-link airplus xtreme g router I was following the instructions step for step but hit a bit of a wall when in the instructions it said to enter the following into my web browser 192.168.0.1 instead of taking my to the website that was shown on the manual it just says firmware upgrade and that's where I get stuck. despite my user name I'm not very tech savvy at least when it comes to router setup. I know that this router is pretty old so I was wondering if that's the reason that its not working. anyway thank you in advance to anyone that offers help

A:NEED HELP!!! D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G wireless router

Maybe when the router was last plugged in it was in the middle of a firmware upgrade?

Reset it to factory defaults and see if it will work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-d-link-airplus-xtreme-g-wireless-router.1133178/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I recently purchased the Wireless N D-Link Router DIR- After a few hiccups the router works with all of our computers blackberry s wireless printer and Ipod touch D-Link N DIR-615 Router Cannot TV Apple be Wireless connected by to s however my Apple TV G will not connect to the network The Apple TV will just give the error code - after the password for the network has been entered I double checked that the password for the router is only WEP hex digits and that it is correct Unplugged the Apple TV and replugged it in I have tried reseting the Apple TV to the factory settings and using the DHCP Reservation in the network settings of the router and manually configuring the TC IP settings on the Apple TV Not quite sure what I am doing with this though so put everything back I have also tried switching the settings on the router to all of the available options and nothing is working The Apple TV worked just fine on our old router which was a Linksys compact wireless-g D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N Router Cannot be connected to by Apple TV broadband router WRT GC I would really appreciate any help on this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

i have a wbr- router it was working but i had not used it in a long time and tried to reset it because i couldn t remember my password now when i plug it in all the lights just stay on i tried the quick install and if i press reset again while it is on it will start to quot work quot the computer recognizes that it is connected but doesn t let me access the internet when trying to install it gets as far as quot restarting the network quot and just stays there forever i can t access the when everything is connected it says i am not connected when i enter that on the router wbr-2310 d-link wireless working not browser but the lights on the router indicate internet is connected and the computer is connected and the modem indicates there is pc activity i am lost please help maybe this below will further help someone who knows about computers it is the ipconfig from turning everything off slowly wbr-2310 d-link wireless router not working turning all back on with computer hooked to router router to modem Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dave gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dave-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-EB- - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-EB- - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-EB- - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- -D -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e fc a f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FC-D - - -B -FD- -D -EF DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C-EB- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C ACA F - D D- E - - F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Dave gt nbsp

A:wbr-2310 d-link wireless router not working

now when i plug it in all the lights just stay on.Click to expand...

Try to reset it to factory default settings. If unsuccessful unplug it and let it sit for a couple hours (and pretend that you are never going to go near it again). Then plug it in. Worked for me once!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wbr-2310-d-link-wireless-router-not-working.1061633/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi,
i have wireless D-Link router and i use Alfa usb adapter to connect wirelessly to my brother home network , there are no any problem in internet connection, but i found when i use some software the sign of network disappears suddenly throught there are the other networks signs !
the software which i use it is Messenger which called : Beyluxe Messaenger.
after i opened the software and connect to the rooms without any problems, about 30 min , i got message from the Beyluxe messenger : You have disconneted from Beyluxe , then i check the wireless sign , but i found the wireless network sign of my rother network disappear ! and the i think the router also power off because the sign at normal about 90% .
can any one help me with that to know the causes of this ?

A:Wireless D-Link router - suddenly power off

salman2 said:

hi,
i have wireless D-Link router and i use Alfa usb adapter to connect wirelessly to my brother home network , there are no any problem in internet connection, but i found when i use some software the sign of network disappears suddenly throught there are the other networks signs !
the software which i use it is Messenger which called : Beyluxe Messaenger.
after i opened the software and connect to the rooms without any problems, about 30 min , i got message from the Beyluxe messenger : You have disconneted from Beyluxe , then i check the wireless sign , but i found the wireless network sign of my rother network disappear ! and the i think the router also power off because the sign at normal about 90% .
can any one help me with that to know the causes of this ?Click to expand...

Which model do you have? Did you update the firmware for it. DLINK Router. Also how old is this router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-d-link-router-suddenly-power-off.131724/
Relevancy 64.07%

So I have a TP-LINK TL-WR ND Mbps router and the basic problem is that it repeatedly drops the internet connection and also the devices connected to it But the my main computer which is wired to the router devices drops router TP-Link wireless has never had any problem even at the time when the wireless doesn t work I use many os like win ios TP-Link router drops wireless devices on iPad rd a samsung smart tv and a samsung smartphone with android But as I mentioned it only happens with wireless never with the wired computer When the problem occurs there is no device which can connect to the internet and to the router except the wired one I ve tried all of the encryptions and security methods at the moment I use WPA -PSK with AES also tried with TKIP and automatic mode and with disabled security too but neither have helped me Then I contacted the reseller and they gave me a new one and said it could have had some special problem The new one which I m using now got the same problem Have any ideas why this problem occurs repeatedly Or if you need more information about my devices router or settings please write me Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

As the topic says, I have an Acer Aspire 5100 that I recently bought.It has a built in wireless card but I cannot get it to connect tothe d-link DI-614+ router at my friends house.It works when I connect it manually with a Ethernet Cable but thats aboutall. I have set up a network and tried that rout by letting the laptop intothe network, but it still does not want to connect.I am also running Vista so I am not sure if that is why it wont connect.The network is there, I can see it, I just cant get on.If anyone could help, that would be great.

A:Acer Aspire To D-link 614+ Wireless Router

Hi Staphon. to BleepingComputer.One thing you could try is the free version of Network Magic:http://www.networkmagic.com/nmlp/linkshare.phpI have been using it for a short time now and find it excellent, so will probably buy it.Let us know how you get on.Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94676/acer-aspire-to-d-link-614-wireless-router/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey i had a Dl-604 non-wireless router and i am trying to install D-Link WBR-2310.

I have a cable modem made by TOSHIBA, model number PCX1100U.

Installation goes good with cd, then at the end it says internet still doesnt work.

i read something on this site about the modem and router both with DHCP (i think) enabled and both trying to give IP adress. I went to web browser and typed 192.168.0.1 and unchecked the USE DHCP box, and now when i try to use the router i just get limited or no connectivity.

Any help would be great,
Thanks.

A:Need Help Installing D-Link WBR-2310 Wireless Router

Reset the router to factory default settings.

Unplug the modem and router and shut down your computer(s).

Connect modem to router's WAN port, and computer to a router LAN port.

Plug in modem; plug in router; boot computer.

If still no internet access, and the computer is running Windows, please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-installing-d-link-wbr-2310-wireless-router.838759/
Relevancy 64.07%

My dad's recently set up a WEP-encrypted wireless system for the home, and according to him we managed to use 2 gig of the download limit in one day. He claims that it could be someone outside who's managed to crack the WEP password and is now leeching off our crappy wireless. I'm trying to find out if there is a "super hacker that managed to crack the password in 3 seconds" leeching off the wireless.

He's using a D-Link DSL-G624T wireless router-modem. Is there a way to get it to inform the host computer when someone connects to the wireless system (with a pop-up balloon or something)? Trying to change the WEP to WPA doesn't work for some reason, as the router won't take to it.

A:Possible to get a D-Link router to inform me when someone connects to the wireless?

Airsnare will alert you when a computer connects to your network. http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-get-a-d-link-router-to-inform-me-when-someone-connects-to-the-wireless.846511/
Relevancy 64.07%

just got internet set up at my new place through charter. i opted to use my own D-Link wireless router with 4 wired ports. its worked fine at other locations but when i hooked it up, i can't connect in any way. The wireless won't pick up on any computer in the house and when i connect wired it gives Limited or no Connectivity.

A:Solved: D-Link wireless router not working

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-d-link-wireless-router-not-working.817626/
Relevancy 64.07%

I use a wired network connection to my neighbours Vodafone Modem (We share his monthly cost).

I also have a TP-LINK 54M Wireless ADSL2+ Router from a previous broadband contract with a landline phone company.

Is it possible to reset and configure the TP-LINK Router to act as a relay unit, connected to the network cable, so I can then use my laptop elsewhere in the house?

A:Using TP-LINK Wireless ADSL2+ Router as relay?

a wired network connection to my neighbours Vodafone ModemClick to expand...

Can you post a link to the ISP's terms of service that shows they permit such sharing? As our rules say, "Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-tp-link-wireless-adsl2-router-as-relay.1035575/
Relevancy 64.07%

I got it all setup and running im just noticing slower upload and download speeds, drasticly.

Windows Xp box with shawcable highspeed and wireless router. If anyone has any reason of why it could be slowing the connection please reply. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-airplus-g-wireless-router-problems.447720/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have spent several hours trying to fix this problem as well as several pounds on a per minute vigirn support hotline I am trying to connect a TP-Link TL-WR G wireless router to my virgin BB connection so it can be used with the laptops in our student house as connect BB Link wireless will not to TP Virgin router well as the playstation and it simply refuses to work Laptop I dont think its a problem with my windows Vista fujitsu siemens laptop i can pick up my bt wireless broadband connection at home as well as my girlfriends virgin bb in her house Router The router TP Link wireless router will not connect to Virgin BB is brand new and i would be surprised if it has a problem although i took it over and tried it on a different virgin connection and it didnt work on it I have read the manual and communincated TP Link wireless router will not connect to Virgin BB with the router with a lan cable and TP Link wireless router will not connect to Virgin BB quot set it up quot which i done through dynamic IP as opposed to static or ppoe i was advised to disable all security which i have done and the last piece of tech advice i got was to run a ping through the ms dos which read pinging pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out ping statistics for Packets Sent Recieved loss loss I have know idea why he was asking me to do this but maybe someone can spread some light on it Connection Next up is the internet connection which is fine as we can get a cabled connection through the PS and of the laptops for whatever reason mine will not connect through the lan port to the internet not sure if this is important Its also important to add that the other laptops are dell one xp one vista Mine runs with Vista Error messages ok to cut it short in vista there is a network and sharing centre i go into it and there is three icons router--------------laptop---------X--------Internet line between router laptop is green so i click on the X between laptop and internet and it automatically tries to repair the problem then it gives an error message saying i have a DNS problem and should connect my ip even though i have contacted them and they have not made any reccomendations As you can see i have had fun trying to solve this problem im thinking i am safer off just sending it back to where i got it and getting a different router but i wonder if i will have the same problems is this repairable nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I hope this isn't too dumb of a question:

I recently upgraded to ATT's fastest DSL service, and received their 2WIRE combination Modem/Wireless Router. It is working great with my desktop PC, wireless printer, 2 laptops, and 3 iPhones.

I'm thinking of setting up my old desktop computer (Dell Dimension 4600, Windows XP) for internet TV in the living room.

I have an almost-new D-link DIR-628 wireless router that I used before with the previous SBC DSL modem. Is it possible to set up the DIR-628 as a simple network adapter to use with the old desktop PC? I have seen numerous instruction in this forum for setting up a second router as an access point, but they all seem to require an ethernet connection. I know it might be overkill, but this router is likely to just sit in the box forever.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Randy

Relevancy 64.07%

I am exhausted trying to figure this out. I reformatted XP on my laptop. After that I could not connect to my d-link wireless router. I brought it to a friend's house and it connected to his router but still wont connect to mine. I'm not very literate when it comes down to technical stuff, but I tried renewing my ip address and it would come back with all 0's or it would have a 254 in it which according to some of the other posts on here is bad. Do I have to change settings or reset my router? I'm hitting a dead end here...

A:Reformatted, now cannot connect to d-link wireless router.

Sounds like the router has encryption and you have the wrong encryption key. Disable ALL encryption and MAC filtering on the router and see if you can connect that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-now-cannot-connect-to-d-link-wireless-router.875884/
Relevancy 64.07%

Can Anyone help me understand how to do this I run XP Home I am of quot limited quot computer skills but try and up D-Link to Help Please wireless router!! me from set notebook connection learn fast if helped I have an HP notebook that came with a wireless card inside I have a broadband ISP that wants to charge Please Help me set up wireless connection from notebook to D-Link router!! to make me to go wireless with there equipement a month But a year ago I installed a dual wireless hardwired capable D-Link quot DI- AirPLUS G Wireless Router quot and have been using it only as a hardware firewall with my wired internet connection from my ISP s modem BUT now I have a Real Need to go wireless in a few rooms away in my apartment my boyfriend will continue using his desktop wired to the router where it is now The AirPLUS D-Link Wireless capable router came with an installation CD that is SO very confusing to understand the setup Has anyone done this and can PLEASE help me with the steps PLEASE try and help me set this up I don t want to interfere with my boyfriends wired connection to his desktop But I need to move aroung here wirelessly on my notebook nbsp

A:Please Help me set up wireless connection from notebook to D-Link router!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-set-up-wireless-connection-from-notebook-to-d-link-router.443621/
Relevancy 64.07%

I bought a TP-Link Archer C9 router after reading good reviews, when I looked at the instructions to set up a wireless internet connection with my Asus Zenbook my first problem was that the Zenbook does not have a modem port or any other ports except USB and mini display.
Is it possible to connect my Asus to the internet through the TP-Link router without the initial wired connections?

A:TP-Link Archer C9 wireless router installation

Is it possible to connect my Asus to the internet through the TP-Link
router without the initial wired connections?

You'll probably find that the TP-Link's wireless is switched on so you can use WiFi to connect to it and run the Internet setup.
If the TP-Link's default wireless network is unsecured then the last thing to do is to make sure you assign it a strong password. You'll get disconnected but you can always reconnect easily using the password.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/tp-link-archer-c9-wireless-router-installation-4593920/
Relevancy 64.07%

My D-Link DIR- Wireless N wireless N DIR-615 really is problematic. D-Link My router Solved: Router has speed issues connectivity issues and is blocking things for no good reason Sometimes the speed fluctuates between normal about KBps and very slow KBps This happens with a wired or wireless connection usually slows down after about half an hour and I have to reboot to fix it I do not have this problem connecting directly to the modem My connectivity issues occur when I try to use my PS on the wireless network When I try to use the Internet browser it Solved: My D-Link DIR-615 wireless N router is really problematic. reports that a network error has occurred Most other PS online features work somewhat okay but I sometimes have to reboot to get them to work When I try to download software for email protected on my PS after about - Solved: My D-Link DIR-615 wireless N router is really problematic. through the routers internet or globe icon turns red which I assume means it is blocking something and my PS shows an error message stating that the software could not be downloaded due to an error is the only two numbers I remember I have satellite internet connection with a Telesat Ka-band modem and satellite with connection speed at Kbps On my Desktop PC I run Windows XP Home w SP and on laptop Windows XP Pro w SP nbsp

A:Solved: My D-Link DIR-615 wireless N router is really problematic.

A couple of things to try.
Download and install the latest firmware. Many times, issues with new products are resolved by a firmware upgrade.
Reset to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Call D-Link and get a warranty replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-d-link-dir-615-wireless-n-router-is-really-problematic.649682/
Relevancy 63.64%

this is what i want to do i have a bt router on one of my floors but my signal dosent reach my computers on the top floor so i was thinking of buying a second wireless router and linking that one by cable would that work or would it be better getting a more stronger router with a better strenth ive looked on the net but im kinda lost on what to do

A:Can you link a wireless router to a wireless router

yes that works -- here's how

connect cable from existing router#1 to the LAN side of router#2
this will make router#1 the controller of all IP addresses AND allow sharing between all system regardless of which router they connect to.

configure router#2
this is done with a cable connection to it. Use the routers default ip address in your browser and supply the default user/pwd
disable DHCP service in this router
set router#2 address to be just like router#1 but change the last digit to 250
set the SSID to be similar to the existing router (eg add a number to its name)
change the channel number to be different from router#1
(temporarily) disable encryption
save the settings which will restart the router and drop this connection

you can disconnect the cable from router#2

Turn off (or disconnect) all systems from both routers.
power off router#2, wait 30 seconds and then restart it

At this point router#1 will be at xxx.yyy.zzz.1 and router#2 at xxx.yyy.zzz.250

Connect to either router (wired or otherwise) and you should be able to
(run->cmd) enter
ping xxx.yyy.zzz.1
ping xxx.yyy.zzz.250​Your connected system will have an address seen by
ipconfig /all​
Once you can connect to both routers, you should go back to the configuration (in both with a cabled connection) and enable encryption.
Make your life simple, set both routers to the same type of encryption (in this order of preference)
{WPA2,WPA} and use the same passphrase for both.

you really should also change the ADMIN login (on both)
save the settings and disconnect the cable.

Print/File sharing is managed elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-link-a-wireless-router-to-a-wireless-router.132405/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I currently have 2 desktop computers hooked up to a wired Linksys router which is connected to a cable modem.

I recently purchased a laptop on ebay, so that I can bring it outside with me. I also purchased a Linksys wireless router for this purpose.

I don't want to disturb my current wired setup. By this I mean I don't want to go through the trouble of switching them to wireless just so I can use my laptop outside.

Can I hook the wireless router to the wired one to get an internet connection? Or is there some other way I can use the wireless seperately with the cable modem?

A:Help, Can I link a wireless router to a non-wireless?

Hello and Welcome to Techspot

I wouldn't piggyback the wireless off the wired just use the wireless router. Your wireless router should also support wired, set up your 2 wired pcs and also you will be able to go wireless with the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-can-i-link-a-wireless-router-to-a-non-wireless.97922/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello A while back i got myself a laptop with a router and i router Gateway... D-link up wireless Voip N with Setting wasn t able to successfully setup the router to Setting up D-link wireless N router with Voip Gateway... work with the gateway and i saw people were using my wireless network so i got fed up and decided to try to secure it once again now the Setting up D-link wireless N router with Voip Gateway... problem is the Voip gateway is always the default i cannot make my D-link router become the default gateway the voip gateway is always default for some reason therefore i cannot access the router setup page Right now i have an unsecured network i have a lan cable going from my desktop to port on my D-link wireless router and i have a lan cable going from the voip gateway into port on the wireless router that s the only way i can get both the laptop and desktop to connect to the internet Can anyone help me out The Gateway is a DVG- M and the wireless router is a DIR- Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Setting up D-link wireless N router with Voip Gateway...

Nevermind, i fixed the problem, thanks for the help though...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-d-link-wireless-n-router-with-voip-gateway.695096/
Relevancy 63.64%

I had my Brother MFC-490 printer working on my wireless network before. But recently, I upgraded the firmware on my D-Link router, so of course I got a new TKIP/AES key. The key is 64 character long, but the Brother printer only allows me to enter 63 characters. What gives? I do not recall what I did before to get the printer on my wireless network, so on the very unlikely off chance that I can just leave out the last character in the key, I entered the first 63 characters in the Brother's wireless network setup menu. Of course, that did not work. I realize further that my previous TKIP/AES key was also 64 characters. So it is completely baffling how I got the printer to work before. Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:Brother printer wireless setup with d-link router

Use a shorter key. A random key of 32 characters will be more than sufficient to stop anyone except perhaps the CIA or NSA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-printer-wireless-setup-with-d-link-router.949207/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Guys!

I have a D-Link wireless router DIR-524( it has 4 LAN ports, no USB port) and i want to connect my USB printer HP Laserjet Pro P1106 to the network. Want to know if that is possible?

A:Solved: Can i connect my usb printer to D-link wireless router?

You would need a USB wireless print server
adapter to do it.
That printer does not have wireless built in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-connect-my-usb-printer-to-d-link-wireless-router.1076450/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a link sys router which is working fine. I learned that if u switch to apple air port router I can then print from my iPad and also have dual band to allow guests' use. Is this true? I don,t want to mess up things since I use a roku and also have Ooma for my phone service. Is this a case of " if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"
Thanks!

A:Solved: Wireless router--can I exchange link sys for apple?

I've not used one, but yes, I've seen others with this setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-router-can-i-exchange-link-sys-for-apple.1060894/
Relevancy 63.64%

Been trying to sort out my mother in law s laptop for about hours and need some help Its a Toshiba laptop and she has a d-link wireless router The laptop will successfully connect to the internet through an ethernet cable and will connect to the wireless network fine but when wireless i cannot access the internet I have an iphone which connects to the wireless network and accesses the web perfectly I have tried everything I can think of and find online to try and talktalk tech support won t help as its a hardware setup issue Please see the dump of the ipconfig all below Can anyone help Windows IP Configuration Host Name Barbara-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown wireless - can internet connect but d-link router no 2680 IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search d-link 2680 wireless router - can connect but no internet List dlink com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - -B - - - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - E- -FB- B-AD nbsp

A:d-link 2680 wireless router - can connect but no internet

I have seen this a few times and 1 had a virus that stopped it from working on wireless but would work on Ethernet.
There are also a few malware that can do it to.
I suggest down loading the free anti malware removal software and running a full scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-2680-wireless-router-can-connect-but-no-internet.1090716/
Relevancy 63.64%

I had my computer wired right to the internet then my girlfriend got a laptop so I went and got a wireless router netgear wgr and set it up and figured why Belkin router? with d won't wireless work adapter link usb not make my desktop wireless so I got a cheap belkin usb network adapter and had it running for lamost a year and a half now well the router stopped working so I went and got a d link wireless router got the laptop on it no problem but cant get the belkin to work it finds the network logs onto the router but NEVER gets the internet Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the software for it as well with no luck could it be the usb adapter wy would Belkin wireless usb adapter won't work with d link router? it work with netgear and not with d link and I know it is not a range problem because my pc is in the same rom as the router and about - feet between antennas I dont wanna just go out and buy a dlin adapter and have it not work either nbsp

A:Belkin wireless usb adapter won't work with d link router?

dont know why I didnt try this out before, but if I login to the router and get rid of any security, then my desktop get srigh ton and gets the internet, but wih security enabled, it will only log on to the router, and not access the internet....

any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-wireless-usb-adapter-wont-work-with-d-link-router.108807/
Relevancy 63.64%

Step one, turn off power to everything. Step two, connected modem to router and router to computer and powered up modem. Waited for lights and powered up router. Waited for lights and powered up computer.....Limited or no connectivity for wireless connection. Configured DNS and connection to router was good. However, cannot access router and still no Internet connection. Below I will list original config with just the use of cable modem:

The default gateway for the router is 192.168.1.1, however when I go to command prompt the config info looks something like this:

Anyway, you can see my problem. I need help because I am at a lost on how to get my money's worth.

Relevancy 62.78%

Am planning on buying a wireless router and wire notebook card In no particular order here are the two combinations that I am thinking of getting Linksys Linksys SpeedBooster g Wireless Broadband Router Model WRT GS Linksys SpeedBooster g Wireless Notebook Card Model WPC GS D-Link D-Link RangeBooster N Wireless-N Router Model DIR- D-Link Platinum RangeBooster N Wireless-N Notebook Card Model DWA- Any opinions Or Opinions notebook on router card wireless (Linksys & & D-Link) suggestions on others that might fit the bill Been reading about it and it seems that the D-Link router is a new draft n standard router that is also backwards compatible with g and b devices Anandtech com has a review of the D-Link router here Also found a blog entry about the Opinions on wireless router & notebook card (Linksys & D-Link) D-Link router Found a PC Mag review of the Linksys router here but it was written in User reviews aren t terrible helpful since there are both complaints and praises And people are more likely to review a product that they have problems with The D-Link router may be compatible with the final n Opinions on wireless router & notebook card (Linksys & D-Link) standard which is supposed to be out this year which is something in its favor I am a little wary of a router built on a draft standard even if it is backwards compatible with the current standards but the fact that it could be better once they finalize the standard and if it will be compatible then I could get better performance I also think that the D-Link router has more functionality but since I am not very well versed in this kinda thing I could very well be wrong In the end it probably doesn t matter what standard I use as all I really want is to network my personal and work computer while allowing my wife to use her laptop with a wireless card nbsp

A:Opinions on wireless router & notebook card (Linksys & D-Link)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-on-wireless-router-notebook-card-linksys-d-link.553228/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm desperate here. OK here's my situation.

I am running Windows XP.
I live in the basement suite of a house, and my PC connects just fine to the wireless internet upstairs, BUT my XBOX and PS3 don't have a strong enough range to reach. Sometimes it does, but 90% of the time it doesnt.

My PC connects to the upstairs router using a D-Link Wireless USB card I got. Nothing fancy but it works.
Now, is there a way that I can use that connection, and share it so that I can plug my XBOX and PS3 into my own own D-Link router so they can leach the connection my PC is using from upstairs?

PLEASE help. I am out of ideas and I don't know how to figure this out.

A:How to use my D-Link router to leach the connection from wireless internet card!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-use-my-d-link-router-to-leach-the-connection-from-wireless-internet-card.973272/
Relevancy 62.78%

I was wondering if I could run a device (Nintendo DS and iPod Touch) that uses Wi-Fi with my router? Is that possible? If yes, How well would it work?

A:D-Link's DI-624 Airplue Extreme G 2.4GHz wireless Broadband Router

I don't see why not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-links-di-624-airplue-extreme-g-2-4ghz-wireless-broadband-router.645348/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello...

I have the above mentioned router. My desktop is plugged into it & my wifes laptop has a wireless connection.

I constantly get the "Local Area Connection Unplugged" message on my desktop and for the life of me I cannot figure out why it's happening. We called D-Link Customer Support a million times and every time they give us a new fix, it still doesn't help.

The connection is sporadic and prevents me from doing a lot of things. Any ideas why this might be happening??

We both have Windows XP -- I have a cable modem. Anything else you need ot know to help I can provide.

Thanks.
AW

A:D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router -- Dropped Connection

D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router - Dropped Connection

This could be caused by many different things. The first thing I would do is try a new network cable. Fast and easy thing to try.

Does this happen only when your wife is connected?

Dennis

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-airplus-xtreme-g-wireless-router-dropped-connection.33774/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys

I've just bought a D-Link Wireless Router and USB network card and, after loads of messing around, I've managed to connect to the Internet, but now it's really quite slow. I moved the USB card to another port which has increased the speed, but it's still not at the levels it should be (although Windows says I'm getting between 15 and 60 Mbps.

I tried altering so many setting just to get the Internet connected that it's quite possible I have changed something I shouldn't have. Or could it just be the speed of the USB, and if so, how can I improve this?

What kind of information do I need to provide to get some help on this?

Thanks in advance.

SOS.

A:Various problems with PPPOE internet connection and D-Link Wireless N Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/various-problems-with-pppoe-internet-connection-and-d-link-wireless-n-router.876881/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello

My son just purchased the above router with the idea to replace our long running ISP hobbled iConnect Access router.

It appears however, that the new D-Link router needs to be daisy-chained to the iConnect in order to properly function. Is that correct?

Am I to believe then, that the iConnect Access router is integral to the operation and that replacing it with the D-Link DGL-4300 is a mis-guided notion?

My son is an avid-gamer and seems to be really keen on the new router but I'm a bit confused about the need for two routers .... the original iConnect has 4 ports as does the new D-Link one ...

Thoughts anyone?

A:Question re: D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Router

Hi,

This is a fairly normal situation. Just put the iconnect router in bridge. That makes it a pure modem. Just check the manual and it will explain how.

Then run the dlink using pppoe client on the WAN interface. This then becomes the only router in the network. The iconnect simply bypassed for everything except the modem.

Next time, try to post in the correct forum too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-re-d-link-dgl-4300-wireless-108g-gaming-router.810411/
Relevancy 62.78%

So I ve very recently gone wireless I picked up a D-Link router and a Linksys WPC GS wireless card for my Dell C- Latitude laptop on account of having limited cash and finding those to be seemingly the best bang for buck I m in a basement apartment shared with a person using the router, - wireless Linksys D-Link every card 7 minutes... drops same router and whatever pack-in wireless card comes with the new Dell laptops I m running XP and when the wireless connection works it works wonderfully I can get a fine connection pretty much anywhere in the apartment as long as I keep some approximation of a line-of-sight The problem is that I keep dropping off the connection just about every minutes Instant Messenger keeps me cued D-Link router, Linksys wireless card - drops every 7 minutes... into this screenname signed on at PM screenname signed on at PM screenname signed on at PM screenname signed on at PM screenname signed on at PM It s not a huge problem for D-Link router, Linksys wireless card - drops every 7 minutes... regular browsing but it makes chatty conversations miss beats and is generally inconvenient My roommate gets D-Link router, Linksys wireless card - drops every 7 minutes... logged off fairly frequently too but I haven t checked to see if it s the exact interval So what s going on here Is my solution as simple as needing to match companies--D-Link and D-Link or Linksys and Linksys--or is there a sneaky solution Many thanks nbsp

A:D-Link router, Linksys wireless card - drops every 7 minutes...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-linksys-wireless-card-drops-every-7-minutes.367591/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,
I bought a standard Westell modem for AT&T highspeed DSL because I already had a D-Link dl524 wireless router which I was using for cable high speed. AT&T helped me set up the system direct to my PC without the router and said they couldn't help me add the router to the set up. I want to be able to connect my laptop to the internet using the wireless router. Based on what I've read, I think I have to change some settings but have no clue as to how to do this. Any help in this matter would be deeply appreciated. PC uses XP and the laptop uses Vista.
Thanks,
Steve Wilson

A:Need help adding D-Link dl524 wireless router to Westell modem for AT&T dsl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-adding-d-link-dl524-wireless-router-to-westell-modem-for-at-t-dsl.899269/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Gateway desktop computer with Windows XP. I have internet service through Comcast and my connection is strong; however, I am unable to view any web pages. I have a wireless router (D-Link WBR1310) for a second computer in the house and was working on getting that computer up and running with a USB wireless and reset my wireless router and now neither computer has access to the internet. I have reviewed all of my settings and have gone to the wireless router set-up page and have reviewed those settings. Everything seems to be fine. Can somebody please assist me quickly?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi People

Please help me with this

how we can set the router in wireless access mode only and turn off the WAN port entirely. Most wireless routers have a option to choose wireless access point only and this turns off the WAN and router functionality. We need to be able to do this on d'link DSL-2640T router.
Also plz specify the steps to do that of possible.
Thankyou in advance

A:How to disable the WAN port of d'link DSL-2640T ADSL Wireless router

This is how I do that configuration.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-the-wan-port-of-dlink-dsl-2640t-adsl-wireless-router.761902/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a TP-Link TL-WR G - M wireless router I had previously used this router in HK and Singapore before moving to Canada without any problems I bought a new power adaptor for Canada and it seemingly works fine at least the lights on the front do I can find the name of the router on the list of local wireless networks I have forgotten the pw though When I try access the router via wire I get - Wireless configurable wired) by not router (TP-Link computer (& TL-WR340G) no where I have connected both with and without the internet cable attached I have reset the router as well and used two different computers with different configurations themselves to try to access the admin page at but the page does not show up When I ping using the TP-Link router it times out I switch back to the old Linksys router I am trying to replace because its not wireless and the page shows up without any problems I have rebooted the Rogers modem TP-Link router and computers as well as multiple resets of the router but Wireless (& wired) router not configurable by computer (TP-Link - TL-WR340G) no change in the situation Any further suggestions on what I might try would be welcomed nbsp

A:Wireless (& wired) router not configurable by computer (TP-Link - TL-WR340G)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wired-router-not-configurable-by-computer-tp-link-tl-wr340g.974044/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I am having trouble accessing the admin page for my wireless d-link wbr-2310 router. I have used ipconfig command on a laptop to see what the default gateway ip was which I have heard is the ip of the router and it was set at 192.168.1.1 which is the ip to the sonicwall firewall. I know the routers factory default ip should be 192.168.0.1 but for some reason it had changed to the ip of the sonicwall and now I am unable to access the config page for the router. I have used the reset button on the back numerous times and the ip still remains 192.168.1.1 and does not go back to the factory default. Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed for a diagnosis of this problem thanx.

YukonITguy

A:I am having trouble accessing the config page for my d-link wbr-2310 wireless router

Woo hoo solved the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-having-trouble-accessing-the-config-page-for-my-d-link-wbr-2310-wireless-router.820743/
Relevancy 61.92%

I need some help with a wireless router - D-Link Wireless ADSL Router G T -- I am trying to set it up so that I can access the Solved: Connection G604T ADSL D-Link Internet Router - Wireless internet on my home desktop pc I need to get this working as where the pc is currently situated there is no phone socket and at present I am currently running a cable along the floor each time I need to use the internet The router is in the room next door connected to the power supply and to the phone line I have set up the router as per the instructions I have set up my ISP settings onto the router as I should have My pc can see the router I can ping the router and I can access the menu inside the router via the IP of --- All this part works fine under the status buttons on the router menu it does say that the dsl connection is connected and it does aquire an IP address for the internet However I cannot access the internet When I try and access the internet I get the standard quot This Page cannot be displayed quot Message I have tried all the settings that I can think of but I still cannot get the internet working I can also attach my xbox to the router via a crossover cable and the pc can detect my xbox and I can ftp into Solved: D-Link Wireless ADSL Router G604T - Internet Connection it I m using Windows XP Home Ed and the router is in the room next door Any help that anyone can offer would be Solved: D-Link Wireless ADSL Router G604T - Internet Connection greatly appreciated - also if you need need any more information just let me know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I am running completely wireless now. I have a Linksys WRT54G router and about 5 computers connected to it wirelessly (G).

I have a printer that has a built in network card, and you can configure the IP address from the setup screen on the printer. (Xerox C2424)

I'm trying to link the printer up to the router, wirelessly. I have been told that you can use a USB Print Server, but that would not be necessary considering that I have a built-in network card already in the printer. I just purchased a DWL-G700AP D-Link Access Point to hook up to the printer, but I am unsure of how I should configure it. I am trying to link the printer wirelessly to the router, and sharing that to the people on my network.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

A:Network Capable Printer with Access Point link to Wireless Router? Is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-capable-printer-with-access-point-link-to-wireless-router-is-it-possible.435037/
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently bought a D-Link DP-311 Wireless Print Server, but when I try to set it up, I can't access the Web configuration utility built into the print server through my Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router.
The router has an IP address of 192.168.1.1, and the print server is 192.168.0.10. I tried changing the PC's address to 192.168.0.52, and other 192.168.0.X addresses, but no matter what I do, I can't access the web utility. I also tried changing the PC's address back to the way the router automatically configured it (192.168.1.101), and changing the subnet from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0, but that didn't work either. I'm not a network expert, so I am probably doing something stupid, but nothing seems to work that I try.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Connecting to D-Link Print Server with Linsys Wireless Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-to-d-link-print-server-with-linsys-wireless-router.384257/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I just bought a dlink dir-615 router recently. Unfortunately it has a problem where the only way I can access the internet is by setting a static dns address of 4.2.2.3 on all my computers. Is there any way to fix this? help is much appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

Browser problem: D-link 802.11g/2. Have used it with no problem for years with my iMac. Overnight, it has failed; no unusual events, except for a short loss of power. My network does not appear as a choice under "airport." I have unplugged the browser, restarted the computer, etc., without result. As my instructions provide, I have typed "192.168.0.1 as a URL, but do not get the form requesting username, etc., that I think I'm supposed to see. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 59.34%

am using a D-link DIR 300 wi-fi router connected to my router Beetel 110..m having airtel Broadband

sometimes i am having issues with the connection....my browser stops workig in the middle...
i am using u-torrent...download speed aint tht gud..it used to be though!!!!
and also am not able to open the ports in the settings menu....i have added the ports in the advanced settings..but when i look for them on the net ... it says port is still closed....

can anybody help me out!!!

A:problem with d-link wi-fi router

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-d-link-wi-fi-router.774942/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have a new D-Link router I cannot setup despite having followed all instructions on the setup CD and get D-Link Router Problem a completed successfully message When I try to setup a new network for it in the computer it does not recoginize the router D-Link Router Problem It seems rather strange that the setup instructions for the router require an Ethernet connection from the router to the computer and another from the router to the modem This is quot wireless quot I use Win bit Asus K D laptop but cdannot find anywhere it says to connect to WiFi It does say internet acces through my Network and in the inferastructure of that network I see the DIR- icon but clicking on it does nothing So it says it is succesful in setup but only going through a modem When I turn offf the modem the internet connection breaks Any advice Did I give you enough information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D-Link Router Problem D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K Dr Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I ve recently started having trouble with my old D-Link di- wireless router I checked some of the old forum posts but couldn t find my issue exactly and I m hoping someone di-524 problem router Link D can help me out here A couple of days ago our wireless network started having problems - mostly just taking a long time to access websites This continued for a day or two and then our wireless network just D Link di-524 router problem disappeared altogether It s not listed among the possible networks my computer can connect to I tried turning both the router and the modem off and on and resetting them I called our provider Comcast who reset the modem remotely If I connect a computer to the modem OR to the router with an ethernet cable the internet connection works fine so there is D Link di-524 router problem obviously an internet signal coming through the modem to the router The problem seems to be D Link di-524 router problem that the router is not sending that wireless signal on We have a pretty basic setup - Macbooks using our home wireless network and a WD media player we got a couple weeks ago that is hardwired to the router All these things have worked fine for some time The router itself is probably years old and I wonder if its time is up Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I despertly need help with my nat type problem on my ps I have an Embarq series DSL modem and a DLINK DIR router I have spent days online reading post on how to get to nat type but nothing seems to work I contated my ISP and they were able to help me get my modemto nat if I plug my ethernet cable directly into my ps but that is a hassle considering i have other devices on my network If i try to connect through my router i instantly get NAT type I have done everything i could think of on my router settings I have enabed UPnP set dmz for my PS port foward ports that i got off D ps3 router problem Nat 3 Link of portforward com I set my Nat 3 problem ps3 D Link router ps static ip address to I think i set my MAC ID for my PS to forward ports just to my ps I just don t know what else to do Mabye I missed something or am not doing something correctly Any and all help would be greatly appreicated Please resopnd i am desprate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-3-problem-ps3-d-link-router.954100/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi good day I just want to know if there s any issues about D-Link router s router NAT through D-Link problem especially DI- router and WBR- router because when I use my Xbox to my DI- router it works fine after I open the ports to it I tried to connect my other computer to join and use the Xbox but it won t work and gives an error through the NAT connection problem I haven t NAT problem through D-Link router get the exact error but I will try to get ASAP and I am not sure if it s on the router because as far as I know the NAT on my DI- router cannot be disable or can be chage It also applies on my friends WBR- router Can you give me an idea what to do and please give me an answers about NAT connection problems on different gaming devices such as XBox PS PS and PSP about NAT problem Thank you so much Hope you can help me and add my knowledge about it Again Tnx nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi.

I've got a D-Link Wireless Router (which, conveniently, mostly has Chinese interface), and I often get these messages when I start up:
"ANIWZCS2 Service Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close."
I've heard I might need to upgrade my drivers, but I'm reluctant because it was such a pain in the arse to get the thing working in the first place. Any suggestions?
I also get a warning right at start up that the "CPU is over temperature - press F1 to resume", which seems to be related to the router again (because I've only had the warning since I've had the router). Again, any thoughts?

Thanks, you guys!

SOS.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have a DI-624 router (D-Link) and when I try and get to configuration the login screen comes up and I type in admin for user and keep password blank just like i am supose to and when I click ok It refuses to let me into the configuration. I have already been to technical support and done all the steps they recomend and that solves nothing. Here is my current IP info:

IP Address : 192.168.0.101
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1

I have no problem connecting to the internet but i want to change some options in configuration but i cant logon. Someone please help, thank you very much

A:D-Link DI-624 router problem

Are you sure there is no password? The username may be case sensitive too. Try Admin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-di-624-router-problem.19475/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys I really hope my problem can be resolved here since its been going on for quite a long time Ok to start off I want to talk about the way my router is set up with my DSL modem I have my ethernet cable going from my Primus DSL modem I live PS3! WBR-2310 + Having Router with D-LINK my Problem in Canada BTW directly into my DLINK Router Even Having Problem with my D-LINK WBR-2310 Router + PS3! though it is a wireless router I have both of my computers wired Since I used to have a wired-only router a few years Having Problem with my D-LINK WBR-2310 Router + PS3! back I just stuck with this set up Im Having Problem with my D-LINK WBR-2310 Router + PS3! using the wireless connection for my PS and my PSP I even tried using a wired connection for my PS Everything has been going great until a few weeks ago First I just want to say that my router has inputs in the back like most WAN and LAN The funny thing is that when I plug my modem into the WAN slot on my router I cant get anything to work It was like that with all my other routers as well Even a few years back when I used to have Sympatico DSL I could not plug my modem into the WAN slot Instead the modem HAS TO be plugged into either of the LAN slots Now that we have Primus DSL and this new DLINK router the history repeats itself You guys can look at the little attachment pic I made for reference The funny thing is that when I first try to set up my DLINK router with the included CD it asked me to plug the modem into the WAN slot on the back of the router When I did that the router detected the modem but it couldnt detect the internet connection which is completely frustrating Anyway now this I believe is the cause of my PS s internet failure I dont know how many people are familiar with the PS here but Ill explain it anyway as if you guys do know maybe someone has had the same probs I have been able to connect with my PS using a NAT connection Im not sure why this is since Ive heard that NAT means that you are connected directly to the internet through a modem and not through a router Which is obviously kinda wierd since Im running it through a router Due to this NAT connection I cant enable UPnP sharing on my PS and therefore I cannot connect to the media server I have set up on my computer Now I was fine with that since I could still play games online but for the past few weeks I havent even been able to connect to the internet with my PS I tried different things and they are all failing The funny thing is that the first few days that I got my new DLINK router the PS s internet was working now it isnt Also the first few days I had the router I could actually go into the set up through which with my luck does not work now I can only access set up to my Speedtouch DSL modem through When I try to get into my router with it does a google search and the first result is a site called NetworkMagic which is a program which is actually recommended by DLINK so I installed it and it works ok It doesnt really do anything that I couldnt do before but w e thats not the problem Anyway I think I should sum up my problems since there is a lot of stuff Primus DSL Modem is connected to LAN slot on the router instead of WAN This has been the case with Sympatico DSL my previous ISP for about years with other routers What is the cause of this and how can I fix it At first PS was connecting with a NAT connection not allowing me to do UPnP Now the PS cant even connect to the internet Cannot connect to the router set up using even though I could the first few days I had the router which was roughly last week I hope you guys can help me out Thanks for reading nbsp