Windows Support Forum

Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace

Q: Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace

Um first specs I guess NVIDIA Vanta Vanta LT Antec SL out and help replace working, what need Computer stopped to figuring what happened S -Watt Power Supply I think Case looks like this http www antec com Believe it product php Type Mg amp id Njcw Samsung SP N GB No clue Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace about the rest instruct me on finding out Ok so here s what happened It was running fine Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace and then it shut off Descriptive I know The first time it crashed was on Saturday after a Realtor came in and had a look around the house I was on it for a couple hours Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace and then I shut it off for dinner I went back on and I think about minutes later it shut down By shut down I mean sudden no warning Power outage kind of thing I think I waited a while and then I tried it again and it worked for the rest of the night The next day and after that it got worse lasting anywhere between seconds lol died half-way through the start-up beep and I guess hours Now today the longest it would run is about seconds I have no idea why it s doing this Help with diagnosing the problem is greatly needed For a little background information This is not the first time it has randomly shut down like this Before at night I would shut off the power bar for the computer because all the little lights irritate me I love total darkness when I m sleeping The next morning it would run for a little while and then shut off unless I waited after turning on the power supply again I have since stopped doing this so unless it s coming back to haunt me I don t think it s the problem even though the symptom is the same Actually the last time I ever did that was not-so-recently now about a couple of weeks ago and when I turned it on it very nearly literally exploded The first morning I heard cracks and snaps and I figured they were coming from somewhere else no hearing aids on in the morning and they stopped and it ran fine The next morning I had my hearing aids on this time and I realized that the noise was indeed coming from my computer I peeked inside it I leave the one side off because the fan gets too noisy with it on just in time to see a horrific flash accompanied by an especially loud crack I can t remember exactly what I did I was too startled to remember but I think I switched off the power bar to turn my computer off it stopped loading but was still running turned the bar back on but didn t touch my computer for a couple hours o o In case you re wondering the flash came from somewhere in the top right corner of the inside of my computer which I now realize is where the plug connecting the motherboard and the power supply is I have since had a peek at this and it seems completely undamaged Another possibility why this is happening the other one being something is shot is a virus Well I honestly don t know Do viruses randomly shut off your computer I do admit I probably could use an upgrade in terms of anti-virus I currently only have had the free Avira My brother suspected over-heating but it crashed after seconds this morning after it had been off all night and nothing ever felt hot in there before and I leave the side off Um that s all the relevant incidents information that I can think of I ll gladly try and get you more information since I realize this probably isn t enough especially in terms of the specs Just realize that if it requires running the computer I ll be lucky to get minutes out of it If I had to guess I d say something is up with the motherboard or the power supply So I realize that fixing this probably means replacing some parts something I was planning on doing soon anyway If anyone wants to suggest products I need the input I for sure want to replace the case My current one will have the fan going nuts within minutes of running so I have to leave the casing off Um does the CD drive come go with the case And anyone laughing at that video card I have I m getting that replaced for sure I think I already have a replacement though My brother s after he gets an even better one His has HD definitely a step-up - nay a giant leap up - from mine Also I might replace the motherboard or power supply or both so I need suggestions there I have G of RAM and no idea if this is good or bad and I very sincerely hope I don t need to replace my hard drive Um that s all I can think of but I m probably missing something tl dr My computer is shutting off randomly it might be the power supply or motherboard and I m looking to upgrade nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer stopped working, need help figuring out what happened and what to replace

AT this point, it could be anything... and you have not yet told us the brand, model, and configuration so it is difficult to guess as possibilities. Need hard drive brand and age, etc. as well.
Is your 1 GB of RAM in one module or two... if two, remove one to test, then change, and remove the other module and test.
Why did you suspect the video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stopped-working-need-help-figuring-out-what-happened-and-what-to-replace.148960/
Relevancy 73.96%

So my whole pc froze a few times recently and there was even a blue screen.
I have no idea how to read the event viewer. Someone willing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390216-need-some-help-figuring-out-what-happened-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows XP + Office 2003. In Word, the Find and Replace function just stopped functioning. It goes through the motions, but reports "Word has finished searching the document. The search item was not found." --no matter what the search item was, and even if it occurs a gazillion times in the doc.

Below the window where you enter the search item, it says: "Format: Right." I have no clue what this means (opposite of Format: Left? of Format: Wrong?) or how to change it if it should be changed.

I thought the problem might be a disabled service, but I can't find any candidates in the list of services.

So I need help.

Stephen

A:MS Word 2003 Find & Replace stopped working

You may have inadvertently selected some formatting. Click on "More" (with a little arrow beside it) to expand the box and then at the bottom right click on "No Formatting".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2003-find-replace-stopped-working.954799/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer is very very slow. Opening a document as well as downloads sometimes take forever.... Often when on the internet, I get unable to display when trying to reach a website.
Hijack this sent me here as malware does not seem to be the problem.

A:I need help figuring out what is going on with my computer

Do you have a lot of programs starting with the computer? Go to Start > Run and type "msconfig" w/o the quotes. Go to the startup tab. There will be a bunch of programs listed there. If you see any that you don't need to start with the computer you can uncheck their box. If you are unsure of one don't uncheck it. You can Google it if you want more info. When you reboot after unchecking programs there will be a box with a checkbox. Just check it and hit ok, that's just letting you know that startup has been changed.

Also, what is the size of your Hard Drive and how much free space do you have? If you have a LOT of files or media the drive may have become fragmented and could cause performance slowdown, especially on an older PC. You could do a disk defrag, Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter - Hit Analyze and it will tell you if you need to defrag or not.

BMR777

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-need-help-figuring-out-what-is-going-on-with-my-computer-187162.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everybody I bought a computer and I've had it for about two or so months with Norton A V installed I recently found a program that looked strange so I had Norton scan it and it came up clean However it's name is very strange to me and makes in Need help computer figuring program out is. my what a me question what it is I can't seem to find any information on it and it does have a quot License quot although I didn't download Need help figuring out what a program in my computer is. it and it is about one page long I found it here C programfiles x IOI and contains this Button monitor application Button monitor icon LICENSE MetaDataExtractor DLL Product Text file with four lines of source code SaveFlash Application Anyone know what this is I don't remember downloading anything named IOI Norton says it's fine so I see no sense in panicking but I would like to know what this is Also I don't think spyware would be kind enough to be in a non-hidden file Thanks in advance -Lawn Gnome General If i put this in the wrong forum I apologize in advance I'm not sure where this should have gone and I'm on vista so I figured this would be a good place

A:Need help figuring out what a program in my computer is.

Hi Lawn Gnome General,

The program is Saveflash. It lets you save a video from the web (like a YouTube vid for instance) to your computer.

If you don't want it just go to add/remove programs (cut and paste this term into the Vista search) and click to uninstall it.

It seems to be clean from spyware, according to a number of different sites, but it isn't necessary so. As you aren't using it you can lose it.

Btw, spyware files and folders are not always hidden, in fact the majority show up on a HijackThis scan.

If you having problems uninstalling it then please post again.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175385/need-help-figuring-out-what-a-program-in-my-computer-is/
Relevancy 55.47%

It s an emachines T I figuring Help start why computer my won't out bought in I ve read the sticky on emachines computers and that the PSU should be replaced Anyway I m Help figuring out why my computer won't start not really sure my problem is the PSU I used the computer last night everything was working fine I ve never Help figuring out why my computer won't start noticed any indication of something failing I tried to turn it on this morning but it just won t turn on It doesn t make a single sound when I press the power button I opened up the case and tried shorting the pins for the power switch to see if the power switch had failed Nothing happened I then removed the pin PSU connector to the mobo and jumpered the pins as described on this other post techspot com vb post - html then plugged the power cord and the PSU s fan started as normal also the DVD drives I have powered up I m not sure if the harddrives I have powered up I don t think I heard any noise from them but then again they re super quiet so who knows I guess this means the PSU is working right So what should I check next BTW there s a green LED on the motherboard so I m not sure if that indicates the mobo is also working correctly Anyone has any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Help figuring out why my computer won't start

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.

What does the green LED on the mobo indicate anyway?

I have a brand new PSU lying around, although it is only a 230w PSU.
Can I use this to test?
The PSU in the T2824 is 250w, but I figure I can probably use the 230w PSU just for testing and only connect it to the mobo, CPU and one HD.

Please advise if this is OK to do.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-figuring-out-why-my-computer-wont-start.102915/
Relevancy 55.47%

This will specs figuring Help of out computer with my sound silly probably even dumb but I built my own computer and need help figuring out the specs I know all the quot regular quot stuff and all the parts I put in the computer But what Help with figuring out specs of my computer I am doing is reading through a teach yourself linux book and they list certain Help with figuring out specs of my computer things you Help with figuring out specs of my computer should know about your computer before you start There are a few things I need help figuring out I am on Win XP home running a p ghz gb of ddr ram gb of total hd computer My mother board is a asus p pe My questions How do I figure out - serial port assignment com -com irqs used - parallel port assignment x irq and so on - type of pcmcia controller t for example - i o address of sound card such as x - dma vales and so on - sound card irq such as or All help appreciated Thanx nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have run Norton Antivirus and it has come up with multiple problems that it has quarantined and I have deleted One scan said it came up with the file names of backdoor dsnx which I deleted but when I ran regedit the key was not present so I don't know if that particular problem is solved or if it is still affecting my computer Otherwise I am bombarded by ads and popups when using IE My friends are trying to help me but they are both former windows users who have converted to macs and are now laughing in my face With Computer! Help Figuring My Wrong Out What's Need great friends Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer! they are Any help is much appreciated EDIT Since I posted this log I've moved HijackThis to it's own folder in the C drive I had it on the desktop earlier if I need to repost a new log now with it moved please let me know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer! SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer! system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINNT relocater exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINNT BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionCueTray exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINNT system hkcmd exeC WINNT system igfxsrvc exeC WINNT system igfxpers exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC dfndr exeC WINNT system pwinlqez exeC WINNT system mptft exeC WINNT system ssn tuu exeC WINNT system nr rnqm exeC WINNT system ssec exeC WINNT system tfthot exeC Program Files ipwins ipwins exeC WINNT cfg exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC DOCUME LOCALS NTA APPLIC CURITY ati evxx exeC WINNT system SKS nopdb exeC WINNT cfg a exec dfndra exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINNT explorer exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Administrator OWNER-E TK G W Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId B PVER ar homeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www mrfindalot com search asp si k R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www mrfindalot com search asp si k R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dllF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINNT system ikomd exeF - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT system userinit exe tfvqnvg exeO - BHO no name - E E A E - FE- D -A -A DDCA - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar V ViewBar dllO - Toolbar Search - BC-A - ... Read more

A:Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer!

Hello and welcome to BC Please disable Windows Defender Real Time Protection as it may interfere with the fix. To disable Windows Defender: Open Windows Defender Click Tools Click General Settings Scroll down to Real Time Protection Options Uncheck Turn on Real Time Protection (recommended)After you uncheck this, click on the Save button Close Windows DefenderOnce your log is clean you can re-enable Windows Defender Real Time Protection.=============================Download AlcanShorty .Click the download button and agree to download the fix.Download Alcanshorty to your desktop.DoubleClick alcanshorty_en.exe and click installThis will create a new folder on your desktop called alcanshorty_enOpen that folder doubleclick Run.batOnce the fix starts, your icons and desktop will disappear, this is normal.Make sure you have a working internet connection. In case your firewall gives an alert, don't block it, because alcanshorty needs to download some additional files to let the tool run properly.Wait for the complete script execution box to popuppress OK.Press exit to terminate the BFU program.=============================Please download Ccleaner and save it to your desktop.Tutorial for CCleanerDuring the installation be sure to UN-check the box for "Ccleaner Yahoo Toolbar" unless you want it=============================Download and install Ewido Anti-Malware to your desktop Click on shield tab and change the Resident Shield to inactive.Check for updates but do not run it yet.============================Download Combofix.zip by sUBs . Unzip it to its own folder.Read here how to unzip/extract properly.Open the Combofix folder and doubleclick combo.exeFollow the prompts.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished, it should produce a log, combofix.txt. Save this log please.============================Please download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop. Do not scan with it yet.============================Reboot your computer in Safe Mode using the F8 method below. Let me know if you run into any problems doing that: a. If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power. b. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on. c. Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again. d. Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected. e. Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode. ============================From Safe Mode run CcleanerClick on Options,Select Advanced Now UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" Make sure the Cleaner block on the left is selected. Do not use the "Issues" block . It's meant for professionals.Choose the Windows tab. Check everything EXCEPT Advanced part of the Menu.Click on "Analyze". This process could take a while. If you don't want to loose your login passwords to certain sites, click on Options Select cookies and move the ones you want to keep to the "cookies to keep" section, by highlighting and using the arrows in the middle.Choose Run Cleaner.When CCleaner shows how much has been removed, cleaning is finished. Click Exit. If you have more than one users, run Ccleaner for every user ============================From Safe Mode run EwidoClose ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Please start EwidoRun a full system scan. Save the report.=============================Still in Safe Mode Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan. Once the short scan has finished, you should now mark the drives that you want to scan. Select all drives. A red dot shows which drive... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56174/need-help-figuring-out-whats-wrong-with-my-computer/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello
Firstly, I'm not too sure of the terminology used with the inside parts of a computer but I hope you understand how I'm explaining things. Here goes.....
Suddenly, the computer stopped working. I took the cover off to have a look and what appeared to have happened is one of the lugs had broken on the cradle that supports the heatsink and fan so there was no contact. I assume this was why the computer stopped working.
It's an Intel Pentium 4 processor.
The cheapest option would be to replace the cradle but while I'm at it, I was thinking of replacing the heatsink and fan with a more efficient and powerful cooling system.
Any ideas?
p.s. as a quick fix, it's held together with 2 cable ties at the moment and it's working perfectly OK but obviously this won't do long-term.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Working Computer Stopped All Computer Stopped Working I just built my first computer a few weeks ago I installed Windows through a USB stick and everything was working great Recently though everything went terribly wrong Long story short the computer will not boot into windows anymore When I try to use the System Recovery Tools there is no operating system listed and asks me to restart the computer and select the OS That does nothing the OS is never listed When I try to use that Startup Repair thing it runs for a minute and gives me the message that it cannot repair the computer great After that tool doesn't work it mentions that there doesn't appear to be a HDD or that it cannot communicate with it Odd because my SATA is listed in the BIOS So I Computer Stopped Working got fed up and tried a reinstall that Computer Stopped Working should fix everything right Well when I try that it asks me to insert the reinstall media and select the driver Well what driver am I supposed to select That is my current situation Any help on this would be much appreciated Dan

A:Computer Stopped Working

Hello Stanton, welcome to Seven Forums!

Maybe the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is not working correctly or has an intermittent connection to the motherboard, have you tried the connection; maybe you should run some tests on it; have a look at the link below.

You can't think of any reason Windows may have quit working in the first place?

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/125826-computer-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It started yesterday My I was browsing the internet and listening to music when the screen went black and the sound started looping I did a hard shutdown of my computer When I started my computer back up the fans and LEDs turned on and I could hear the hard drive spinning but neither my monitor nor my speakers made any has working stopped My computer indication that my computer was booting up When I pressed the power button to force my computer to shut down it did so immediately rather than waiting until I have held the power button down for a moment like it usually does I called up one of my friends who is good with computers and asked him to My computer has stopped working help me figure out what is wrong He had me remove the RAM and turn my computer on so My computer has stopped working we could use the beep-code to determine if it was a case of faulty RAM but there was no My computer has stopped working beep Closer inspection revealed that not only was there no internal speaker plugged into the motherboard but my computer s case had no wire that would indicate that it even has an internal speaker That being said I would be very appreciative if someone could give me some advice on how to either get my computer running or at least diagnose what has broken My computer is custom rig that I built this past holiday season Case Antec Processor Intel Core Duo Motherboard Asus P Q SE Plus RAM G Skill GB Graphics Card PowerColor PCS HD an ATI Radeon Hard Drive Samsung quot HDD GB Power Supply Case Gears Eco-Element W High Efficiency PSU One last thing My monitor is not the problem When I turn it on without the CPU connected it brings up the color test as usual nbsp

A:My computer has stopped working

I'd look at the power supply. Do you have another to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-has-stopped-working.127260/
Relevancy 55.04%

Yesterday, within 5 minutes of turning on my computer, the whole of the screen freezed and I couldn't click on anything. However, my mouse still worked. Has it got a virus? How can I solve this?

The only problem is that I only have around 3 minutes of clicking and accessing folders until I can't continue, additionally my computer is really slow at this point as it is still turning on. A

ny help would be appreciated, maybe there is a way to take everything off the harddrive to an external harddrive then wiping the whole thing?

Thanks!

Lucien

Relevancy 55.04%

ok, pretty much, the computers on everyday, my brother goes onto it and found everything freeze, so he turned it off and then turned it on. The power button lights up when u turn it on, well it doesnt, but u here the fans go, the harddrive run, cdrom drive etc. But the monitor doesnt come on, it just says no signal. So now the computer doesnt turn on or work.

I left it off, and i turned it on witht he harddrive disconnected, and it did turn on to the black startup screen, turned it off, turned it on with the harddrive connected, no signal again, nothing working, just fans moving etc. Been like that still.

My question is this, is this heat related problems or a powersupply problem? Also is this a motherboard or a cpu problem?

A:Computer just stopped working.... help plz.....

duplicated post
http://forums.techguy.org/t403163.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-just-stopped-working-help-plz.403162/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all. I installed a new motherboard and cpu a couple of weeks ago and had a problem getting it to start. After numerous attempts and powering down and back up and unplugging and replugging everything in it finally started and worked great until yesterday. I moved something that seemed like it pulled the power supply and the computer turned off. I wiggled the power supply around a bit and it came back on no problem. This morning when i went to use it my computer was shutdown and I couldnt get it to boot back up so I went and bought a new power supply and installed it. When I turned it on the fan starts to spin for about 3 seconds maybe and then nothing. I put the old supply in and the same thing. Any idea what could be causing the problem? Thank you in advance for your help.

Relevancy 54.61%

Ok sorry if I picked the wrong board for this kind of topic I couldn t figure out which board is most appropriate I m in the process of buying a computer the kind with the uh tower I m sorry I m not very good with all the technical names I was thinking of buying the individual parts good computer, out help Buying figuring need a what's and assembling the computer myself or would it be cheaper to buy a whole computer I have a budget of around dollars but I really don Buying a computer, need help figuring out what's good t want to spend that much if I don t have to Also I was looking at some computers and they usually come with an OS always Window Vista I do not want this operating system as I m not very patient with buggy systems still in their practically quot beta quot stages How would I get a new computer to have Windows XP Would I have to somehow uninstall Vista and install XP or what would I have to do I m looking for a computer with excellent performance because I will probably play games on it as well as animating on it This would include running multiple programs rendering which would take FOREVER to do on a slower computer creating video files and veiwing them nbsp

A:Buying a computer, need help figuring out what's good

Are there any parts you have from an old system that you would be willing to still use like monitor, keyboard, and mouse?

If you buy a computer system you will have to do research to find if they can still install XP. If you build XP can still be purchased for $139 + shipping from NewEgg.

I suggest going to the Other Hardware forum and read Wing-01's thread and then go to Gaming & Consoles forum and read shoot4thrill's thread. Both are asking the same question as you and you can get some ideas there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-computer-need-help-figuring-out-whats-good.108610/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am wondering if there is a way to figure out how to find out whether you have an AGP slot or not WITHOUT opening the PC. Also, I want to know what kind of RAM my computer has WITHOUT opening the PC. I do know that it the computer came with 256MB DDR SDRAM memory running at 333Mhz, but not exactly sure what kind of memory to buy. Can anyone help me?

A:Figuring out slots/ports in computer

Programs such as Everest Home Edition: http://www.lavalys.com/products/ove...p?pid=1&lang=en

and Aida32: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

give you a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking programs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/figuring-out-slots-ports-in-computer.269935/
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer has been crashing within the first minutes constantly sometimes longer When it freezes no BSOD appears and the screen just computer to causing is out Figuring what crash freezes pointer doesn t move and task manager won t open Completely immobilized I think the issue may be either a Overheating -On idle with no processes going just started up the CPU temps are C average When playing any game it rises to C to even C -If it s always been like this then for the past hours of gaming it s been running at this heat b Incorrect Figuring out what is causing computer to crash installation of OS -When I installed Figuring out what is causing computer to crash Windows these problems started happening that eventually lead to where I am now Started to get BSOD really laggy internet constantly DC d etc But then after I updated all the drivers and the BIOS it stopped for a while then this started -When I installed it I formatted my HDD causing the installation not to work because I used the upgrade version not the clean install I had to call Microsoft and I resolved the issue by them giving me a new code So how should I go about this to figure out what is causing the problems Or is one choice more logical than the other I can t really post any symptoms because nothing is showing up like BSOD If I can provide any other information please let me know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I ve got a set of Bose speakers that stopped computer Sound entirely working on plug into the headphone jack of my desktop computer Picked one of them up to dust Sound entirely stopped working on computer the other day and the sound completely dropped out An alert popped up on screen indicating the speakers had been disconnected and the Realtek HD Audio Manager popped up Subsequently if I unplugged the speakers and plugged them back in I would get a notice indicating an audio device had been plugged into the computer but then when I x d out of that a new notice popped up indicating that an audio device had been disconnected from the computer though I d not touched the cord at all I ve restarted the computer of course I ve unplugged and reconnected all of the speaker cords I ve tried the rear and front headphone jack No change I ve plugged headphones into the headphone jack no sound comes through there either The speakers are not muted Power is working Music is definitely playing I ve tried audio both in iTunes volume turned up and videos online If I rightclick on the speaker icon and click on playback devices three possibilities are listed Speakers says quot not plugged in quot Realtek digital output default device Realtek digital output optical default communications device When I play a song in iTunes green bars appear beside the Realtek digital output default device indicating it is registering sound but I don t hear anything I m using Windows But I ve got to admit I m an utter tech novice This is a home-built computer built it about a year ago with a friend who knows much more than I and haven t had any problems with it at all until now Anyone willing to help me out will likely need to walk me through step by step I mean like how to even open basic operations In any event thanks in advance for any assistance I miss my tunage nbsp

A:Sound entirely stopped working on computer

It sounds like the physical input port might have gone bad.

Is this the port on the rear of the board?

Or a front case header?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-entirely-stopped-working-on-computer.1163949/
Relevancy 54.18%

my pc stopped working suddenly........ it could be due to lightening .. but i dont see any burnt chips

my friend checked and told me that power is not coming from the cable (the one we connect to the wall socket) later we found out that the fuse was burnt.. after replacing the fuse also the same problem. then we checked the psu and came to a conclusion that it must be the cause for the burnt fuse.

any idea what could be the real cause ?

here is my psu

http://www.fsp-group.com.tw/report/Epsilon_80PLUS_450W.pdf

it has all the lightening and short circuit protection

A:Computer stopped working.. PSU? Help me troubleshoot

What protection are you using? Is the ethernet lead (if used) also surge protected?

If the fuse has blown in the lead, and having replaced that (and confirm your mains socket is OK) and it still doesn't work, it could be the motherboard - Assuming your PSU is working.

Its possible the surge has got into the computer by other unprotected means. In the meantime, double check your not getting power from the PSU by fitting it to another computer if you can. It's possible your motherboard is fried, and your PSU is OK - I doubt it though, both probably are.

P.S. I've seen the lightning damage caused by a unprotected router and its ethernet cable into a PC - It didn't matter that the PSU was surge protected, the router wasn't, and neither was the ethernet lead and it took everything out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stopped-working-psu-help-me-troubleshoot.157855/
Relevancy 54.18%

damnedest thing.

All of a sudden I have no computer volume on my dell inspiron 1505 laptop.

no - the mute is not on

I've run antivirus and anti-malware and nothing shows up. I've done a disk defrag.

any suggestions to determine the problem?

thanks

A:Computer Volume stopped working

Go to Device Manager (Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter) and see if there are any yellow or red markings by any device.

Post results.

Have you gone through the Sound Troubleshooter (via Help menus)?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183226/computer-volume-stopped-working/
Relevancy 54.18%

My PC seems to have stopped working. When I turn it on, the power supply and cpu fan both turn for about a second and it dies. I replaced the power supply and the same thing occurs. I replaced the CMOS battery, reseatted the CPU, Memory and Bios chip. I have disconnected all devices (HD, DVD...) and the same thing occurs.

This is not a new machine. It was working but recently would reboot at will. (I thought it was a virus but Norton and Mcaffee report none.

MB=P4MMV2
CPU=Intel P4 1.7
RAM=256Mb

HELP!!!

Relevancy 54.18%

When i walked into my computer room found that my pc screen was black. I thought my monitor was shoot, but i checked it out by plugging it into another/older computer and its fine. So I'm guess its something with the tower. Then i power the computer on all the fans starts to running(3 plus the fan on motherboard) and thats it the monitor stays black.
I don't not much/anything about PCs so plz help.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everybody I have a problem with my computer About two weeks ago I tried to boot my My working computer properly stopped computer and it just didn't power up I tried several times but no progress So I opened my case and checked inside there was a lot of dust So I removed all the dust I rebooted and it worked Since then in some cases it either doesn't boot or it boots and I only see the quot intro quot You know the first thing you see when you power up AMERICAN MEGATRENDS and the specs of your computer don't know how to call it And i can't see my desktop It's like if my monitor was searching for the signal My computer stopped working properly but didn't find it The little light of my LCD monitor Viewsonic quot turns yellow orange turned off yellow orange torned off etc So I was My computer stopped working properly wondering what could have been my problem Is it my RAM My computer stopped working properly GPU CPU Motherboard Dust I know it should have been in hardware but there was no quot Everything is wrong quot category hehe Thank you By the way here are my specs Windows XP Service Pack AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHz A N SLI-DELUXE MB DDR RAM BGF GeForce GT GTO W Power Supply x Raid gig Drives Hope it will help you and me too Thank you for your time

A:My computer stopped working properly

well from the orange yellow thing on ur monitor it seems like its probably that have u tryed switching monitors?

cuz its prolly either ur monitor going bad or the video cards is going bad, does it have onboard video?

also this may seem stupid but make sure ur power plug is all the way in on ur monitor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-stopped-working-properly-272896.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Guys I have the free version of cyberghost and I was trying to connect to :( Computer's WiFi My stopped working a server Because i had a free account i have to wait until there are spots left while it was in that stage i tried to close it there was no close button on it so i shut it down using task manager it was around that time when the internet stopped working It still showed that i was connected to the WiFi network and it also shows that i have internet access from it I went onto another computer and tried to access the internet My Computer's WiFi stopped working :( it worked just fine I also tried connecting it through Ethernet it still didn't work I restarted my computer My Computer's WiFi stopped working :( and I uninstalled the vpn drive My Computer's WiFi stopped working :( tap vpn When i try to access the internet on chrome it says quot server took too long to respond quot i also ran the network diagnostics and it says no errors I have absolutely no idea what is going on Pls Help slickboss

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58442-my-computers-wifi-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All Windows will not recognize my iPhone and I am at a loss of what to do When I open iTunes it recognizes my iphone and I can work with it in iTunes But I would like to get my other stuff off my phone such as photos When I go into devices and printers my iphone is not there It of Parts computer working stopped my does however say Apple mobile device USB driver under unspecified When I try to update the driver it is grayed out and will not do anything I used to have no problems I have done a system restore and that did not work Also perhaps related or not my webcam stopped working around the same time I have been unsuccessful and making that work again also Again perhaps related perhaps not microsoft word now tells me there is insufficient disk space Word cannot display the requested font But when I look to see how much space I have I have a lot Is this all possiblly a malware issue Any ideas Thanks

A:Parts of my computer stopped working

Explorer.exe cannot see the contents?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577479/parts-of-my-computer-stopped-working/
Relevancy 54.18%

ok first my computer just stopped turning on, the power works and all and the led lights come on and the screen, but the screen says its not connected, even though it is, and it doesnt like work...., so i got a new pc, now my sisters did it, she didnt even do anything wrong, just yesterday it did what mine dead, like it all turned on except that u couldnt do anything cuz the screen said no signal, i checked it all and nothin, what do i do?

A:Computer stopped working completely

welcome

are you talking about 2 different computers and 1 monitor

or 2 computers and 2 monitors?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stopped-working-completely-94057.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Daughter s computer in another state Monitor ViewSonics A s Key board Logitech iTouch coordless Mouse Logitech Trackman Wheel Cordless AMD K - mhz Ram mb WD Hard Driv gb Win se Been running fine for a couple years all the sudden on startup she gets a message in a little blue box Check the Signal then black screen she said she got this message once when the mouse and keyboard needed the batteries changed She brought it home and it run fine here with her keyboard and mouse also Monitor run fine also in stopped Bedroom working Computer on my wife s computer which has the same keyboard and mouse She took it home and it would not run in her bedroom where it has always been She took into her living room and it run fine Took it back to her bedroom and run an extension cord from the living room where it worked and it still will not run in her bedroom Any one got any idea what might be the problem She don t have a standard keyboard or mouse there to try Computer stopped working in Bedroom Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so i've been running Windows for like - months on my pc and up until this week it was working fine For some reason this past week the pc has been turning off on me and then the light on the pc proceeds to Computer working randomly stopped start blinking in - second intervals Well tonight i feel asleep with the pc on and it did this Computer randomly stopped working and usually i have to disconnect the power to Computer randomly stopped working turn it on but when i went to do this it doesnt turn on properly The pc sounds like its powering up but its not powering up its components The screen does not turn on and it doesn't turn on my external HDD the right way My external HDD usually takes like - seconds to turn on and the light on it usually blinks a couple times but it does not do this now Any ideas what could be causing this I have not changed parts in that two month period I tried turning the pc on with just the monitor plugged in and no luck

A:Computer randomly stopped working

Anyone got any ideas on this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-randomly-stopped-working-398602.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I am hopingsomeone can assist me as I am really freaking Please working! Computer stopped my out, Freaking me help out tonight for some reason my windows firewall was turned off and I suddenly got a popup from 'resident shield' listing a load of viruses in system I ran AVG scan and it picked up viruses i then guess it automatically healed removed them but i think they must have been important files because it immediately restarted my computer and now i cant log on to windows anymore after the loading screen it goes to Blue screen with the following error message STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows logon process system process terminated unexpetedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down My whole Freaking out, Please help me my Computer stopped working! life is on this computer so i really hope someone can help me get it back I am on an AMD Athlon X Windows XP Media Center SP i think I am not very good when it comes to these technical problems i have tried researching the problem on this slow old laptop but i dont know how to do Freaking out, Please help me my Computer stopped working! things like restoring registrys and executing parameters i need help for dummies please help me chris

A:Freaking out, Please help me my Computer stopped working!

I am attempting to fix the problem with a windows repair installation.

However now i have another problem, my SoundMAX integrated audio device did not pass the windows logo testing and my keyboard and mouse are unresponsive so i cannot click yes or no to proceed... can anyone help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freaking-out-please-help-me-my-computer-stopped-working-418887.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So, the display was working till the afternoon when I decided to clean the computer. So i plugged all the cords out of the computer and put it on the carpet. I opened it and then I used a Duster 2 for the computer says (Removes dust from electronic equipment) which is the computer. Well, when I plugged back in everything the display would no longer show up. It would say No input connection for hdmi input.I am using a Ibutpower computer and I think it has to do with the dvi import for the computer. Now I might have sprayed too much of the Dust 2 inside should I wait a few hours before rebooting?Also, when I hit menu on the monitor it just says (monitor going back to sleep) so it won't let me factory reset.Any ideas on how I can get the display to work?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-for-computer-stopped-working/td-p/5697108
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
this is my first post here so I might be quite unfamiliar with your "customs".
I was watching a movie (purchased/dvd) in VLC and hit pause and after a while play
and then again pause. After this the CD-ROM driver stopped responding and even though
I have restarted the computer, tried your fixcd.reg script (John), did a Windows search and fix and
it didn't work. Now I'm becoming hesitant if a hardware problem has developed or if it's just the
software. Does this problem sound familiar? Otherwise you can ask me a few questions and we can try to troubleshoot.

Thank you

Julius

A:CD-ROM stopped working, computer can't read

Oh, and I've got no error message for my CD-rom driver. It says it works absolutely perfect.
Besides it kind of smells like burnt when I take out the CD, that's what makes me thinking of a hardware
problem.

Julius

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-stopped-working-computer-cant-read.917176/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All My husband and I have computers going through verizon wireless His computer which I am on now is doing great but my computer isnt Earlier today Some Stopped Reason Working Help Computer Just My For I turned my computer on checked my email and then started playing one of my games I had to stop playing the game for a few minutes because friend needed help with Help My Computer Just Stopped Working For Some Reason something When I tried to get back into it not only could I not play the game but I cant even get into wordpad When I try to get on internet explorer the window pops up for a sec then it vanishes No matter what icon short cut I click on nothing happens I tried clicking ctrl-alt-delete and not even that window will come up I disconnected both my computer and verizon wireless waited about minutes and turned them both on and still nothing My computer is a Windows Explorer XP Can anyone please help me Thank you so much for your time nbsp

A:Help My Computer Just Stopped Working For Some Reason

Okay I guess I will try this on a different thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-computer-just-stopped-working-for-some-reason.813033/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been stopped Computer Juuuust working.. about has working the last - days trying to get this computer run properly From the moment I turn it on to the moment I can go to my first website is often or min Opening and closing programs takes times longer that it should When I run the AOL browser things are ultra slow and locks of the time while surfing and need the refresh button to be hit to move on to the next page and I can count on getting kicked off - time a night When I run IE xlime has taken over my homepage is gome and pop-ups rule So ihave have run multipe spybot scans mulitple adaware scans and I just downloaded spysweeper and have run Computer has Juuuust about stopped working.. that By reading other posts I have learned to make sure hidden files are shown and system restore is off also I made sure these scans were made with all the broesers off urrently the IE browser doesn't work I keep getting 'incorrect syntax error' I posted a ''how to fix that'' In that forum and I'm now following that moderators advice by running a HJT and HJT analyze scan here are the results Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C documents and settings jim local settings temp xoE qx exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system lhnjqy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files Sony MD Simple Burner NetMDSB exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPDBMgr exe C WINDOWS System serwvdrv exe C HJT HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System winpack exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www eagames com official nfs d us home jsp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www eagames com official nfs d us home jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dellnet com R - URLSearchHook no name - E - - - F - A F E - no file O - BHO ZServObj Class - -C EC- - EC - D - C WINDOWS ZServ dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - C WINDOWS systb dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c PROGRA mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Search Help - E EAEB -F B - C - FF- FAF D - C Documents and Settings Jim Local Settings Temp mrwOm dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run xoE qx C documents and settings jim local settings temp xoE qx exe O - HKLM Run f lkhW C documents and settings jim local settings temp f lkhW exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run wddeaogv C WINDOWS system lhnjqy exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent ... Read more

A:Computer has Juuuust about stopped working..

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link don't work) and install it. Run CleanUp! and click on CleanUp! button. When it asks you if you want to logoff, click on Yes.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\documents and settings\jim\local settings\temp\xoE0qx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lhnjqy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\serwvdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winpack.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1E432263-6841-4653-8F02-366A2F77E339} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: ZServObj Class - {00000000-C1EC-0345-6EC2-4D0300000000} - C:\WINDOWS\ZServ.dll
O2 - BHO: Band Class - {01F44A8A-8C97-4325-A378-76E68DC4AB2E} - C:\WINDOWS\systb.dll
O2 - BHO: Search Help - {E8EAEB34-F7B5-4C55-87FF-720FAF53D841} - C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Local Settings\Temp\mrwOm.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xoE0qx] C:\documents and settings\jim\local settings\temp\xoE0qx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [5f6lkhW] C:\documents and settings\jim\local settings\temp\5f6lkhW.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wddeaogv] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lhnjqy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [farmmext] C:\WINDOWS\farmmext.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Server Updt] C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [serwvdrv] C:\WINDOWS\System32\serwvdrv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winpack] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winpack.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\serwvdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winpack.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ZServ.dll
C:\WINDOWS\systb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\farmmext.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. Save the log file and run HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Se... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-has-juuuust-about-stopped-working-30804.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So, the display was working till the afternoon when I decided to clean the computer. So i plugged all the cords out of the computer and put it on the carpet. I opened it and then I used a Duster 2 for the computer says (Removes dust from electronic equipment) which is the computer. Well, when I plugged back in everything the display would no longer show up. It would say No input connection for hdmi input.I am using a Ibutpower computer and I think it has to do with the dvi import for the computer. Now I might have sprayed too much of the Dust 2 inside should I wait a few hours before rebooting?Also, when I hit menu on the monitor it just says (monitor going back to sleep) so it won't let me factory reset.Any ideas on how I can get the display to work?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Display-for-computer-stopped-working/td-p/5697108
Relevancy 54.18%

I tried to uninstall sp b c I work fr home and the software that I test on does not work well w sp So I thought I would uninstall it Now my computer XP SP2 fr. computer has stopped uninstall working just keeps rebooting but I never get to my desktop It says windows is starting up and then reboots again and I get the Dell logo and you can hear it trying to do something So I tried to reinstall XP last night Put my disk in and it started up I tried repair first but it didn t work I then just tried to reinstall knowing I would lose what was on my hard drive but I can t work til this is fixed I was part way through the install and got this msg - Unregmp exe - Entry Point Not Found The Procedure entry XP SP2 uninstall has stopped computer fr. working point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART DLL I can t search for this file b c I cannot get to my desktop or drives Is there anyway to fix this I called Best Buy and they want just to walk in my house For another more I can almost get a new computer What do I do nbsp

A:XP SP2 uninstall has stopped computer fr. working

Are you working from a Dell recovery CD? For a lot less than the prices you've been quoted, you would probably have more success by buying an genuine upgrade version of XP and running the second of the two "R" options. So long as you have a valid Product Key, I believe it would even be permissable to borrow an XP CD, run the Repair option and force a reactivation when it's completed. Then you can use the Change Product Key option to revert to your original key and explain why you had to do this on the telephone to the Microsoft Activation Line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp2-uninstall-has-stopped-computer-fr-working.315561/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I recently built a new computer Its been working fine for a month or so Then a couple of days ago I installed a firewall Pctools on to it and now it won t boot anymore During the installation process it asked to install a new driver and then to reboot It failed to reboot no signal to monitor DVD light going on on and off and whirring a bit fans running but after a few attempts at powering on and off it finally worked I then uninstalled the firewall cos I thought that was what did the damage and tried restarting the PC a few times It worked ok Following day I tried to boot it and same problem again though this time no matter how many times I tried to restart it won t work Any help would be greatly appreciated I did read yesterday that the firewall is not compatible Solved: working stopped Computer has with -bit Vista but surely it wouldn t kill it all together nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 53.75%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi turned on my computer today to find that my speakers had stopped working. i tried a different source and nothing. even plugged my ipod to the speakers and they are working.so i checked the sound properties and it says its working properly but its not playing any sound. do kno what else to look at if someone could tell me some things to check that would be great thanks

A:Speakers stopped working after turning on computer

Try updating/reinstalling the audio drivers. It's also possible the audio card/chipset is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-stopped-working-after-turning-on-computer.1004906/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have 2 computers running XP on a home network with two HP printers directly on the ethernet. For some reason both stopped working from one computer. They worked fine for over a year and still work fine from the other computer. I deleted the printers and reinstalled - still nothing. I can ping them. Everything just gets stuck in the print queue. The printers are a laserjet 4M+ and a 6310xi. Both computers can access other things on the network such as the internet. What else should I be checking?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a inspiron dell computer and I went to play a movie today and it isn t even reading that there is DVD Working Solved: Computer Stopped Player on a disk inside I tried two different disks and normally I pop in the disk one of the two movie players comes up and starts playing It buzzes and sounds Solved: DVD Player on Computer Stopped Working like its loading but nothing Solved: DVD Player on Computer Stopped Working comes up So I manually open one of the players and it says quot There is no disc in the disc drive or your disc drive does not support the format of the inserted disc quot I know that there is an actual issue because one of the movies I played just the other day with no issues I saw another post on here about doing the fixcd notepad thing and I followed the instructions step by step and it still didn t work I believe I did everything right because it said it fixed the problem but it still wont play If someone would be willing to help thats awesome I am not the most tech savvy person so if you could make your response as idiot proof as you can that would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey this is my first post so i dont know who or where i - in everything computer Urgent! stopped my working Virus should post this problem but please dont move it to somewhere else - unless links is being posted Urgent! Virus in my computer - everything stopped working ALMOST EVERYTHING stopped working on my computer which is window XP before all this problems started my coputer is perfectly normal i have about GB of memory on both disk Right now i m currently using another computer at the moment Things that i found out When i tried to run a program application a box showed up and it says quot The paging file is too small for this operation to complete quot The background is gone - it only show the quot active destop recovery quot and i cant change it back to normal because when i clicked on the properties on the destop it shows quot Control Panel - There is not enough free memory to run this program quot or sometimes it shows quot dwwin exe - application error quot Another similar one is quot ERROR - there is not enough free memory to run this program Quit one or more programs and then try again quot The taskmanager is not working - i had tried both way to bring it up but nothing happend -- Ctrl Alt Del and right click on the taskbar Everytime after I clicked OK to the box that showed up the computer starts to restart by itself not quite restarting but kind of like relogin the user The start meny doesnt show words descriptions only icons pictures - i need to mouse over to read see it When i tried to run internet explorer - the box showd up saying quot insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service quot When i restart the computer more like switching off the power a box showed up saying quot MsnMsgr Exe - Application Error - The application failed to intialize properly xc d Click on OK to ternminate the application quot So basicly most of the application doesnt work These are the problems i had encountered so far All these problems happened right after i installed and reboot TrueCrypt I m not really good that these sort of things so hopefully someone can help me out how to make my computer normal again THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS I REALLY APPRECIATED YOUR TIME SPENT READING THIS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-virus-in-my-computer-everything-stopped-working.748674/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello guys.

I was playing League of Legends, whilst on Skype to some friends and my internet randomly stopped. I checked to make sure all the connections in my "TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline" where secure, and tried my "D-Link" dongle to make sure my power line wasn't faulting.

The dongle couldn't find any networks and the internet is working fine on my laptop "I'm using it". So I've came to the conclusion that it's my computer software, and struggling to find a working answer an Google I came here.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks. Lee.

Relevancy 53.32%

So I bought and set up my new computer a week ago windows computer in working a stopped week 7, New sound a HP Pavilion p y I used my already owned speaker system that I used on my old computer Everything was working great Last night I noticed something odd with my speakers each time I opened a new window a different high pitched sound would emanate from it I had no clue what was causing it so I shut down the computer unplugged all the wires possible replaced them just as they were and New computer windows 7, sound stopped working in a week restarted the computer Problem solved no more high pitched noises Then I realized that NO noises were coming from them at all all I could hear was a slight static New computer windows 7, sound stopped working in a week noise when the speakers were turned to full volume I decided to investigate and found that my speakers were not even being recognized as being in my computer After searching and reading through New computer windows 7, sound stopped working in a week several forums I came across HP's support site for audio problems and did every single suggestion on the page Each resulted in no improvement whatsoever though now the playback devices has an added option which is still of no use I am positive it is not the speakers themselves as plugging them straight into my zune or xbox results in perfect performance and would really like to find a solution soon for this eight day old computer

A:New computer windows 7, sound stopped working in a week

You mention you did everything that needed to be done, can you be more specific? The drivers come to mind right off the bat! If you are using older speakers this may be a problem with your new Windows 7 computer. It has nothing to do with the speakers, you will want to check for your sound card driver: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly.

Cheers,
Tara
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/55595-new-computer-windows-7-sound-stopped-working-week.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I keep getting an message: Windows explorer has stopped working. It gives me the option to check online for a solution or restart the program. It doesnt matter what I pick, or if I click the esc button. It will keep popping up.

Here are the problem details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d6727a7
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8e7c
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 45004e63
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 8e7c
Additional Information 2: 8e7cb9190c811ab9460658a7000f558a
Additional Information 3: 4bdd
Additional Information 4: 4bdd67bf0626e50eef27a028b95c028b

I have done a full system scan with my anti virus and it has found nothing.

A:Windows Exploror has stopped working & Computer freezing.

The dumps read are pointing at this : ladfGSCi386.sys
Do you have a Logitech GSeries Headset? or some type of similar Logitech device, mouse etc.. if so these are the drivers we need to disable or uninstall to see if it fixes the problem. I suggest uninstalling all of the Logitech devices, one at a time if there is multiple and try to pinpoint which is the cause. If this is the cause, then we will try to correct the problem, so your device is still usable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250221-windows-exploror-has-stopped-working-computer-freezing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm sorry I know this is a poor thread title but I can not be more specific Quick background I built this system a few years back After dealing with a bad memory stick and swapping it out for new ones this has been the working stopped now Computer again booting, randomly but crashes most stable system I have ever built - until recently About a month ago my computer suddenly would not start Most of the time Computer stopped booting, working again but now randomly crashes it would not even get to the bios - Computer stopped booting, working again but now randomly crashes it would simply keep restarting as I could tell by the CD-rom doing it's boot sequence spin over and over Sometimes it would get to the windows loading screen before freezing though It was really random and I worked desperately trying to figure out what was causing it but I could not seem to find the specific culprit After a while of re-seating hardware it just randomly started working again However now it seems to BSOD a lot I wound up buying a new larger power supply since mine was a little lower than I would have liked but it did not seem to solve anything The last week or so it has been extra worse crashing multiple times per day Some of the crashes will cause a string of crashes over and over for a bit before it'll let me get back to windows It's very random where it happens Tonight while playing a game a few times a few days back a few times while just in firefox sometimes just in different programs or even just sitting at the desktop while I'm doing something at my desk I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on fixing my computers but this has really frustrated the heck out of me I'm desperate for someone who knows the crash dumps better than I to be able to tell me what might be the culprit The crash dumps within the last month are the important ones I'm less worried about older ones Computer Specs Windows Ultimate AMD Phenom II X Ghz ASUS M A TD Pro G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB PC GIGABYTE GV-N UD- I GeForce GTX MB Again - I'm sorry for the vagueness of all of this Usually I am able to solve the issues very specifically but this is the first time I've been truly stumped If there's more specific info you can use to help me please let me know and I will give whatever I can to help Thank you

A:Computer stopped booting, working again but now randomly crashes

Things that I have done in attempt to solve this:
Updated any drivers that were old.
Installed latest Windows updates
Defragged HD multiple times and ran check disk multiple times - nothing was ever found wrong.
Returned my memory (was manually timed with higher voltage for years and was stable) back to base safe settings.
Uninstalled all USB devices (had a weird suspicion it was an issue) and had windows re-install the drivers.
^Same with Audio Drivers^.
Removed some programs that ran in the background (one was listed in a crash dumps) - Did not help.
Ran stress tests on Video card, CPU and Memory, finding no issues.
My CPU is running quite cool (Low/Mid 60s when playing games *typoed "50"*), the case is a phenomenal cooling system.
Replaced some cables (such as IDE) in case they were faulty
Tried running the system with as few things attached to the PS (when the system would not even boot) but it did not help.

I'm just very confused since this all happened after that one day when the computer would suddenly not start. I suspect it must be a hardware issue at this point but I don't know how to decipher the crash dumps very well and I'm hoping someone here will be able to tell what item is causing this instability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192085-computer-stopped-booting-working-again-but-now-randomly-crashes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Two new -- working Bluetooth + won't stopped down shut computer related?? behaviors just started today and I'm wondering Bluetooth stopped working + computer won't shut down -- related?? if they're related I noticed my Bluetooth speaker would not connect to my PC after I had just used it the night before I tested the speaker and Bluetooth stopped working + computer won't shut down -- related?? the speaker itself can connect to other devices just fine I tried clearing out my devices and trying to Bluetooth stopped working + computer won't shut down -- related?? rediscover my speaker but my PC can't find any devices -- not my speaker not my cell phone nothing Rebooting doesn't help I updated my Broadcom Bluetooth drivers to the newest ones and that didn't help either I checked and Bluetooth services are running my PC is discoverable etc I also have two different Bluetooth dongles and neither is working Also today I discovered that when I try to shut down my computer it stays stuck on the quot Windows is shutting down quot screen and it never actually shuts down I'm forced to hold down my desktop PC's power button to get it to turn off I can't recall any changes I made to my computer other than switching my audio recording preferences in the sound manager from mic to stereo and I downloaded a program called StreamTransport because I wanted to download some embedded media Full system scan with Avast doesn't turn up anything after updating virus definitions although it appears on my first scan Avast was terminated abruptly on its own before it finished according to my event viewer I checked the event viewer because it finish suspiciously quickly when I had stepped away from the computer Avast wasn't closed the scan was just over I tried again and it got to with no viruses found Any ideas of what could be going on

A:Bluetooth stopped working + computer won't shut down -- related??

Do remove all (everything) devices connected to the computer.

Sometimes it is the devices are locked and may affect shutdown process.

When insert the devices, do it one by one, and do the shutdown, to see if it is the device giving problem.

You can try this Superantispyware to scan your computer.

Sometimes, it may required 2 or more different type of antivirus, malware, etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399703-bluetooth-stopped-working-computer-wont-shut-down-related.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows XP Media Edition Service Pack The other day upon trying to boot Stopped Made Computer I Worse. Tried Working; Fixing, Think up my computer it got all the way to a loading screen with the gateway Logo loaded for Computer Stopped Working; Tried Fixing, Think I Made Worse. a few seconds then went to a blue screen with the message Stop x I first removed all of my ram I had sticks and turned the computer on with each one one in at a time By itself ram sticks did not allow the computer to load up past the first black screen Which said Bios Menu F Boot Menu F it would instead make a long drawn out high volume high tone for seconds then do it again a few moments after stopping it So I put those two ram sticks that didn't cause that to happen in my computer and it got to the loading screen then gave me the error message again I eventually got the Recovery Console Disk floppy's put them onto a CD to go into the Recovery Console I did dskcheck r and restarted my computer same issue with the same stop message I then tried fixmbr then fixboot Upon restarting the computer again it gives me the error quot Ntldr Not Found quot in the dos black screen I think the screen with all the code is dos at least It will load the recovery console I can boot up Ubuntu on this computer with an Ubuntu CD Without installing but any other way I can't get past the Ntldr I found some codes to try in the recovery console I tried Copy D i ntldr c Copy i ntdetect com c And it said quot Files Could not Be Found quot And that's where I'm currently at with this machine What can I do at this point I can not find any CD's my computer came with

A:Computer Stopped Working; Tried Fixing, Think I Made Worse.

for this error

0x00000024

chkdsk /r

should have fixed it run it again with the correct syntax chkddsk /r

if it does not fix

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stopped-working-tried-fixing-think-i-made-worse-470103.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Two new behaviors just started today and I'm wondering if they're related I noticed my Bluetooth speaker would not connect to my PC after I had just used it the night before I tested the speaker and the speaker itself can shut -- stopped won't Bluetooth computer down working related?? + connect to other devices just fine I tried clearing out my devices and trying to rediscover my speaker but my PC can't find any devices -- not my speaker not my cell phone nothing Rebooting doesn't help I updated my Broadcom Bluetooth drivers to the newest ones and that didn't help either I checked and Bluetooth services are running my PC is discoverable etc I also have two different Bluetooth dongles and neither is Bluetooth stopped working + computer won't shut down -- related?? working Also today I discovered that when I try to shut down my computer it stays stuck on the quot Windows is shutting down quot screen and it never actually shuts Bluetooth stopped working + computer won't shut down -- related?? down I'm forced to hold down my desktop PC's power button to get it to turn off I can't recall any changes I made to my computer other than switching my audio recording preferences in the sound manager from mic to stereo and I downloaded a program called StreamTransport because I wanted to download some embedded media Full system scan with Avast doesn't turn up anything after updating virus definitions although it appears on my first scan Avast was terminated abruptly on its own before it finished according to my event viewer I checked the event viewer because it finish suspiciously quickly when I had stepped away from the computer Avast wasn't closed the scan was just over I tried again and it got to with no viruses found Any ideas of what could be going on

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399703-bluetooth-stopped-working-computer-wont-shut-down-related.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ever since the beginning of the installation of Windows 7 it has had this error.

Ive come home to the pc being restarted and i assumed it was an update only to find it recovered from a serious error.

I have an ATI radeon AIW 9600 and while i know it is outdated im hoping i can find a fix for this because i currently dual boot Ubuntu and an iMac is seriously looking good right now.

I also tried to play two different MMORPG's and they freeze right after loading so im thinking that this is also driver/VC related.

Ill post the last dump for everyone to see. Post any questions or ideas you might have im not afraid to try them.

Ive also seen AVG might be a cause for random reboots? I guess i can uninstall that and use a different AVP.

All help is greatly appreciated.

A:Computer keeps reporting display driver stopped working but recovered?

Hey just took a screenshot of the bluescreenview app running.

I didn't know how to export to a file to upload here and i figured you didn't need EVERYTHING.

If you do ill figure it out.

So it is reporting that 3 of 4 crashes were due to my ralink usb wireless adapter(or something related)

Well since i NEED that for internet and have no money for a new one lol im kind stuck, ill check for updated w7 driver though.

Lastly my #4 crash is due to ATI driver/Card.

ATI discontinued support and merged everything over to legacy support so basically i have a Vista driver installed under windows 7 as that is all they can offer.....so is my only option a new video card?

Thanks again!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/94593-computer-keeps-reporting-display-driver-stopped-working-but-recovered.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I think I may have been infected My computer seems to be running slow and avast no longer works I tried uninstalling avast in order to do a fresh reinstall but the uninstaller hangs up at about half way and will not continue Also Firefox stopped working When I attempt to open it I get nothing not even a window saying it crashed doesn't work Thanks in advance for any help Tech avast + computer firefox running stopped slow, working Support can give with this issue DDS computer running slow, avast + firefox stopped working Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sarah at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Outdated C D F - -E C- AA- DAD F SP avast Antivirus Disabled Outdated C E - -EBB - A A- CA AE B B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioService C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging smart web printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp facebook com uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m nv series uSearch Page uSearch Bar mStart Page hxxp homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ... Read more

A:computer running slow, avast + firefox stopped working

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-running-slow-avast-firefox-stopped-working-592201.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Every time i restart my computer I get this error: Windows explorer has stopped working. To get it to work I open task manager and run task explore.exe to get it to work. I have Vista 64 bt. I tried the run sfc /scannow and that did work either.

Relevancy 52.46%

I restarted my computer today and came back and saw that my headphones wont work anymore. It worked fine 5 minutes ago. But the weird thing is that my monitor speakers work perfectly. I've gone and checked my cables from my computer and they were fine. I unplugged and replugged then nothing changed. Images: http://imgur.com/YFogLIE / http://imgur.com/edIzckT . Please tell me if you need any more additional info

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578852/headphones-suddenly-stopped-working-on-windows-7-after-i-restarted-my-computer/
Relevancy 52.46%

After a power surge, a Gateway DX4200-09 with an upgraded processor stopped working. Due to limited funds, i bought a Used power supply and replaced it. I also bought a refurbished motherboard stock for the computer, and put it in. The computer turns on , fans on the motherboard spin, but the monitor displays nothing. The power supply fan is NOT spinning. Is this an indicator that the Power supply is bad? Power on the motherboard panel ( USB ports and etc., ) the components will "flicker" and then not work period, unless i tamper with the wire , unplug it replug it in. then it will flicker again. CDROM pulls in and out. Wiring all done correctly. Could this also be a processor problem? I am so aggravated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607577/after-power-surge-computer-stopped-working-replaced-psu-mobo/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay. My little brother was on my dad's computer. He was playing a flash game and listening to music on WMP. Suddenly, WMP came up with an error saying the media was corrupt, and the blue screen of death came up. I didn't see what the blue screen's error was, but when the computer reset, it came up with "Boot Device Not Found".

We reset the computer manually, letting it sit for a minute unplugged. It booted up slower than normal, but otherwise properly. We then ran chkdsk, it said that the Master File Table's BITMAP was incorrect. We then ran chkdsk /scan as it told us to, and it said there were no errors in the filesystem.

Are the errors gone? If not, what should I do to fix them?

A:Computer suddenly stopped working, "Boot Device Not Found"

I would suggest that you download and run SeaTools to see if there is a problem with the hdd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504955/computer-suddenly-stopped-working-boot-device-not-found/
Relevancy 52.03%

Here are my specs and the highjackthis log I am not mode log. stopped HIghjackthis screen in working computer safe am I because everything blank, went sure what is wrong but Firefox crashed multiple times and then the computer screen went black and nothing would work Thanks for any help you can offer OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name MARGARET-PC System Manufacturer Gateway System Model M- System Type X -based PC Processor Intel reg Core HIghjackthis log. I am in safe mode because computer screen went blank, everything stopped working Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL HIghjackthis log. I am in safe mode because computer screen went blank, everything stopped working http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dllO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet HIghjackthis log. I am in safe mode because computer screen went blank, everything stopped working Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO CDelHotkeys Object - F C-A - - DC -D DC B - C Program Files Delicious Add-on for Internet Explorer DeliciousExtension dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO DCA - B FC- - -A CB-C A A A EEC - C Program Files Upromise dca-bho dllO - BHO PDF-XChange Viewer IE-Plugin - C D EB -BBCE- DAE-ACBB-D A D CB F - C Program Files Tracker Software PDF-XChange Viewer pdf-viewer PDFXCviewIEPlugin dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dllO - BHO WOT Helper - C E A- F - E -BDD -A E FEB - C Program Files WOT WOT dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - BHO ToolHelper - EDC F F-F B - e -B E- FAEB FA - C Program Files Upromise upromisetoolbar dllO - ... Read more

A:HIghjackthis log. I am in safe mode because computer screen went blank, everything stopped working

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247964/highjackthis-log-i-am-in-safe-mode-because-computer-screen-went-blank-everything-stopped-working/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello - is stopped working, acting Combofix mistake: slow Ran gfxui.exe computer up by I ran Combofix when I shouldnt have because I saw a post on a different forum saying to run it I should have checked here on Bleepingcomputer During the run it deleted the system Ran Combofix by mistake: computer is acting up - gfxui.exe stopped working, slow win ini and gave me an error saying that gfxui exe stopped working The computer is very slow on startups and freezes for no reason please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Basma at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Disabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Disabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioService C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Registry Clean Expert RCHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Users Basma AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Basma AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Basma AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Users Basma AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Basma AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Basma AppData Local Google Chr... Read more

A:Ran Combofix by mistake: computer is acting up - gfxui.exe stopped working, slow

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....     Let's get going!!  
----------

Please go ahead and post the logs created by ComboFix as well.  You should be able to find them at C:/ComboFix.txt

----------
  Please download TDSSKiller
Double click TDSSKiller.exe
Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
Attach the log in your next reply
A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512726/ran-combofix-by-mistake-computer-is-acting-up-gfxuiexe-stopped-working-slow/
Relevancy 52.03%

So fans stopped LEDs no motherboard on, Computer and startup working- suddenly to give some background this is my first build and it has been assembled and working for months now with no problems I was able to identify the original motherboard as defective the first time I was building it and the new one has never given me any problems My parts are an i k a Computer suddenly stopped working- motherboard LEDs and fans on, no startup Gigabyte mobo a Seasonic x PSU a Gigabyte and GB of GSKILL RAM And I have an aftermarket heatsink as well CPU is not overclocked Essentially I was running it overnight to patch a game and this morning when I came to wake it up the monitor wasn t showing anything Turned it on and off again quot no signal quot etc I tried turning on my sound and restarting the computer and I didn t get the bootup sound so I m guessing my CPU is not booting at all I have run it overnight before with no problems and Computer suddenly stopped working- motherboard LEDs and fans on, no startup as stated I have an aftermarket heatsink and it s not overclocked I would be very surprised if it overheated Also normally when I boot up the motherboard LEDs start up for a second and then turn off Now they re just staying on- not blinking just staying on I don t think it s the PSU either as it has more than enough wattage but a failure is always possible I suppose I have not taken it apart yet- I d like to avoid that if possible- but if you have any advice I m willing to take it Hopefully if I can t resolve it I can at least find out which part is the issue Thank you very much for your help nbsp

A:Computer suddenly stopped working- motherboard LEDs and fans on, no startup

and I didn't get the bootup sound, so I'm guessing my CPU is not booting at all.Click to expand...

No beeps at all

I would check every thing is seated correctly
and
then reduce to minimum configuration - Motherboard , PSU, Memory , Graphics and harddrive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-stopped-working-motherboard-leds-and-fans-on-no-startup.1050248/
Relevancy 51.6%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought this PlayStation -like usb gamepad USB computer Windows7 local a - store) devices stopped suddenly (from working Gamepad from cd-r King a local gadget store here in the philippines It was perfectly working alright on my windows xp desktop pc Now i have a new laptop windows home premium and the same gamepad worked fine and was able to play a couple of games with it Until recently actually more or less a month USB Gamepad (from a local computer devices store) suddenly stopped working - Windows7 ago it just stopped working Whenever i plug it it keeps saying USB Device not recognized and Device driver was not successfully installed and the Code error What can i do I really want to play with it It worked before i may just have done or USB Gamepad (from a local computer devices store) suddenly stopped working - Windows7 installed something that conflicted with it I tried it with my friend s laptop xp and it was working fine I also tried another usb gamepad from the same store but different model on my windows laptop and it worked fine It s very strange I wish someone could help thanks P S I searched the web and this forum but no luck I tried installing uninstalling drivers disabling enabling the device from device manager uninstalling all devices under USB Gamepad (from a local computer devices store) suddenly stopped working - Windows7 Universal Serial Bus Controllers turning off my computer for a few minutes my laptop s battery is not user-removable though Again Thank you And oh i saw this from the search result His problem is almost the same as mine But that post was way back in http forums techguy org hardware -usb-gampad-many-seem-have html Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JM HR Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:USB Gamepad (from a local computer devices store) suddenly stopped working - Windows7

Anyone please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-gamepad-from-a-local-computer-devices-store-suddenly-stopped-working-windows7.1026837/
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought this PlayStation -like usb gamepad from cd-r King a local gadget store here in the philippines It was perfectly working alright on my windows xp desktop pc Now i have a new laptop windows home premium and the same gamepad worked fine and was working devices USB - (from Gamepad store) a suddenly stopped computer local Windows7 able to play a couple of games USB Gamepad (from a local computer devices store) suddenly stopped working - Windows7 with it Until recently actually USB Gamepad (from a local computer devices store) suddenly stopped working - Windows7 more or less a month ago it just stopped working Whenever i plug it it keeps saying USB Device not recognized and Device driver was not successfully installed and the Code error What can i do I really want to play with it It worked before i may just have done or installed something that conflicted with it I tried it with my friend s laptop xp and it was working fine I also tried another usb gamepad from the same store but different model on my windows laptop and it worked fine It s very strange I wish someone could help thanks P S I searched the web and this forum but no luck I tried installing uninstalling drivers disabling enabling the device from device manager uninstalling all devices under Universal Serial Bus Controllers turning off my computer for a few minutes my laptop s battery is not user-removable though Again Thank you And oh i saw this from the search result His problem is almost the same as mine But that post was way back in http forums techguy org hardware seem-have html Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JM HR Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-gamepad-from-a-local-computer-devices-store-suddenly-stopped-working-windows7.1026977/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Whatever I m infected with doesn t want me running GMER because I ve tried running it twice and each time I clicked Scan my computer displayed the blue error screen and shut down I was able to get dds to function though DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Parker Family at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion working, down, doesn't mcafee scans complete stopped GMER makes computer shut my Firefox Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans McProxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Windows system rundll exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exeC Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k HPServicec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Users Parker Family AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Actual Window Minimizer ActualWindowMinimizerCenter exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files HP Bluetooth Laser Mobile Mouse MulMouse exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exeC Windows system sppsvc exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Parker Family Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www s... Read more

A:Firefox stopped working, GMER makes my computer shut down, mcafee doesn't complete scans

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306816/firefox-stopped-working-gmer-makes-my-computer-shut-down-mcafee-doesnt-complete-scans/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available.  I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator)  and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.I have restarted the computer several times with no help.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Media-Video-has-stopped-working-A-problem-stopped-the/td-p/5786575
Relevancy 49.45%

Like the title says, something happened. I don't really know what.
I can open the store and search for apps but when I try to click on an app to see more info, I get this screen. Tried a bunch of stuff such as changing locale, fixing corrupted files and whatnot. Nothing helped. And that sucks, considering the 8.1 update will be released tomorrow and I won't be able to access it.. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

A:Something happened and Windows Store is no longer working

Hello Wael,

You might see if going through the troubleshooting steps in the tutorial below may be able to help fix this.

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27162-something-happened-windows-store-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a Lenovo T510.

Every single time I do a Properties on My Computer, I get this pop up message that "Windows Control Panel has stopped working". Oddly, I just cancel that window and everything otherwise seems to work normally. But it happens every time and I can't figure out why.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

A:"Windows Control Panel has stopped working" on My Computer Properties

Hi

This usually happens when you dont remove the software completely, some process are attached to the Windows Explorer ... thats causing this.

Try using Autoruns and look under Explorer... and look for file that highlighted in yellow.. usually should say "File not Found". Uncheck or delete these and restart you computer.

Try these and let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270261-windows-control-panel-has-stopped-working-my-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

So I keep getting this "Windows Explorer has stopped working" pop up, then all folders and the taskbar disappears then reappears. This happens when I try to search programs from the start menu and when I try to open a drive from the Computer folder.

I've re-installed Windows 7 countless times the last few days and there are always problems and the latest is this, I am not sick of re-installing and I'm hoping to find a fix for the problems instead.

Video: Windows 7 explorer.exe crashing - YouTube
Video is still processing, please watch in fullscreen for best picture.

Thank you ♥

A:Getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working" when going to Computer.

First try restoring to a system restore point dating to prior to the occurence of the problem.
System Restore
How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

If that doesn't fix the problem, then run a full scan over your complete computer with the Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

PUT SYSTEM SWEEPER ON A USB STICK
System Sweeper, https://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper, allows you to start an infected PC and perform an offline scan to identify and remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware. System Sweeper is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.

Safety Scanner, http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx, is free, downloadable, provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

If the target computer has a working internet connection, then you may prefer to use the Safety Scanner.

NOTE: A fine tutorial on the System Sweeper is:
How to use the Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper
Download System Sweeper (about 576 kB):
https://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper

Insert 256 MB or larger USB stick into a usb port.
Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe
Choose the option to install to USB.
Caution: The install program will format the usb stick.

The install program will download about 200 mB more.
After the install is finished, leave the stick in the usb slot.

Run the program you downloaded once again.
This 2nd run, and any subsequent runs, will download the very latest anti-virus definitions (about 60 mB).

To keep System Sweeper up-to-date, simply reinsert the usb stick and run the installation program, mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe, again.

The initial, full scan by System Sweeper can easily take several hours, but subsequent quick scans will be shorter.
Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

The results of System Sweeper will be in:
\Windows\Standalone System Sweeper\Support as one or more files with a LOG extension which can be viewed with Notepad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190790-getting-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-when-going-computer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hey,

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a Lenovo.

Every time I'm entering to my computer properties I get this pop up message that "Windows has stopped working". Usually I just cancel it, windows is restarting for 2 seconds and appears again. I've tried a couple of things but it keeps happening.

Anyone has a clue what to do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384650-windows-has-stopped-working-my-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hey,

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a Lenovo.

Every time I'm entering to my computer properties I get this pop up message that "Windows has stopped working". Usually I just cancel it, windows is restarting for 2 seconds and appears again. I've tried a couple of things but it keeps happening.
I've tried everything from other posts like this in the past but it still doesn't help.
can anyone help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384760-windows-has-stopped-working-my-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys, I assembled my desktop three years back with I5 650 processor - Socket LGA1156 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | Intel DH55TC Motherboard. Recently I started having issues with my motherboard and system does not start. When i gave it for service, I was told that I need to change the motherboard which would cost around 8-10K. I was also suggested that Motherboard plus Fourth Gen Intel processor costs around 15K and its better to get a new one as the I5 650 is relatively old which might stop working soon.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

the other day i went to go on my computer and i got these codes.

0xc000007b

0x00600670

0x7190d096

statis code: 1073741819

and my log in screen does not work either, after i click ok a bunch of times and it goes away, it lets me log into my desktop, but i have to type in my name to log in. when i get to the desk top, it says it block the following program from running: windows login VI

A:what happened to my computer? HELP PLEASE

See here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...7b-161280.html
Follow the last directions from matt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-happened-to-my-computer-help-please-360349.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I woke up this morning and my computer had rebooted.  When I signed in, it was a whole new machine.  IE9 had been installed.  All of my favorites have been lost.  The "Documents" folder is empty, I have to go on along hunt to find my
documents.  Office 2011 has forgotten all of my options.  I had to set up Outlook all over again.  What happened and how do I undo this?

A:What happened to my computer

Hi,
Microsoft Update should not cuase this. All the updates is verified before release. Please make sure you have not any recovery application installed.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01c3bab2-b9a4-4945-83ed-831cc17be3e6/what-happened-to-my-computer?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 46.87%

Yesterday I just got a blank BSOD from playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City I rebooted and uninstalled that game thinking that caused it A few minutes ago I just got the BSOD saying something about a quot KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR quot I just pressed the power my What happened computer? to button to revive the computer from its hibernation from last night which I always do nightly When the computer came through it gave me an option to send an error report to MS because it just recovered from a serious error this is the link and it suggested that these What happened to my computer? are the common causes of it Quote Large file transfers What happened to my computer? from secondary media to local hard drive Power loss to hard disk drive causing inconsistent data sectors Problems entering Hibernation or Standby Mode Hard drive lag caused by filter drivers such as virus scanners I have a few more backups to do they're not that important but they make my life easier but if this does happen again what are my options BTW my specs Intel P ghz processor Asus P s x-x mobo Maxtors gb HDs ATI AIW mb vid card Crucial PC mb memory sticks WinXP Home

A:What happened to my computer?

It might have had something to do with the hibernation, seeing as how a possible factor is
Quote:

* Power loss to hard disk drive causing inconsistent data sectors

and hibernation turns off power to much of the computer (including the harddrive). It probably isn't very serious, you could run scandisk to see if there are any errors, other than that there isn't much you can do as far as I know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-happened-to-my-computer-25552.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys stupid IE dled some program automatically and my comp got really messed up so here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system RioMSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS sm my is and Hi, log happened something to here my computer hlpr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA GameDrvr exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files efqlvsam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl Hi, something happened to my computer and here is my log exe C Hi, something happened to my computer and here is my log Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Powell Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Hi, something happened to my computer and here is my log c secure html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page c secure html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL c secure html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page c secure html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c secure html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c secure html O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA GameDrvr exe quot startup quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run System C WINDOWS system kernels exe O - HKLM Run SystemLoader C WINDOWS sysldr exe O - HKLM Run sachost C WINDOWS sachostx exe O - HKLM Run intell exe C WINDOWS system intell exe O - HKLM Run SysTray C Program Files efqlvsam exe O - HKLM Run mshtb exe C WINDOWS system mshtb exe exe O - HKLM Run sndraw C WINDOWS system sndraw exe O - HKLM RunServices SystemTools C WINDOWS system kernels exe O - HKLM R... Read more

A:Hi, something happened to my computer and here is my log

Welcome to TSF

1. Please download Ewido Anti-MalwareInstall ewido anti-malware
Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
The program will now open to the main screen.
When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.

You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
Then click on Start Update.

The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
Exit Ewido, do not run the scan yet!
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates

2. Please download Brute Force Uninstaller to your desktop.Right click the BFU folder on your desktop, and choose Extract All
Click "Next"
In the box to choose where to extract the files to,
Click "Browse"
Click on the + sign next to "My Computer"
Click on "Local Disk (C:) or whatever your primary drive is
Click "Make New Folder"
Type in BFU
Click "Next", and Uncheck the "Show Extracted Files" box and then click "Finish".
3. RIGHT-CLICK HERE and choose "Save As" (in IE it's "Save Target As") in order to download Alcra PLUS Remover.
Save it in the same folder you made earlier (c:BFU).

Do not do anything with these yet!

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping F8 until a menu appears. Highlight Safe Mode and hit enter.

4. Once in Safe Mode, Open Ewido:Click on scanner
Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
Click Save report.
Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido anti-malware.

5. Then, please go to Start > My Computer and navigate to the C:BFU folder. Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe
Behind the scriptline to execute field click the folder icon and select alcanshorty.bfu
Press Execute and let the program do it’s job. (You ought to see a progress bar if you did this correctly.)
Wait for the complete script execution box to pop up and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.
Reboot into normal windows and post the contents of Ewido text report that you saved and a new HiJackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hi-something-happened-to-my-computer-and-here-is-my-log-99443.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hey all i've tried taking care of this problem on my own but to no avail my background was hijacked not to mention my browser homepage and the failure of at least program which no longer functions XBConnect- a program that allows me to play What to computer??? happened my xbox games on the internet im hoping that someone could be kind enough to help me out and tell me what is on my computer that What happened to my computer??? needs to be eliminated or if theres something i need to download etc here is my HijackThis log thank you very much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System PROMon exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS kdx KHost exe C Program Files FSI F-Prot F-Sched exe C Program Files FSI F-Prot F-StopW EXE C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files FSI F-Prot fpavupdm exe C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS System pxhping exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http a-search biz wmid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer socks R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit Userinit exe TGBRFV O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run kdx C WINDOWS kdx KHost exe O - HKLM Run FRISK FP-Scheduler C Program Files FSI F-Prot F-Sched exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run F-StopW C Program Files FSI F-Prot F-StopW EXE O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Wetd C WINDOWS System hkntfs exe O - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Global Startup wntlgns exe O - Extra button Corel Network monitor worker - EFA -B B- F -BE C- CE F - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Corel Network monitor worker - EFA -B B- F -BE C- CE F - no file O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Royal Vegas Poker - FA B - FAF- afd- C-C D BA - C Program Files royalvegasMPP MPPoker exe O - DPF FDBA - - D -AA C- BF A Rawflow ICD Client - http rawflow streamguys net rawflow gwu Rawflow cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - DPF D -D E - D -BE B- B BDE CamImage Class - http activex AxisCamControl ocx O - DPF AED - - E - D- A D D WebHandler Class - http activex microgaming com DLhel dlhelper cab O - DPF D - - F - B- E E CD A FlashXControl Object - https reg... Read more

A:What happened to my computer???

Hi

open task manager (ctrl+alt+del)
end process if found

pxhping.exe
?hkntfs.exe
wntlgns.exe

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://a-search.biz?wmid=3304
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=Userinit.exe,TGBRFV_
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Wetd] C:\WINDOWS\System32\?hkntfs.exe
O4 - Global Startup: wntlgns.exe
O9 - Extra button: Corel Network monitor worker - {31EFA372-B13B-4F33-BE9C-254CE66907F9} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Corel Network monitor worker - {31EFA372-B13B-4F33-BE9C-254CE66907F9} - (no file)

Restart to safe mode.

How to start your computer in safe mode

Because XP will not always show you hidden files and folders by default, Go to Start > Search and under "More advanced search options".
Make sure there is a check by "Search System Folders" and "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search system subfolders"

Next click on My Computer. Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now find and delete (you can use windows search tool)

C:\WINDOWS\System32\pxhping.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\?hkntfs.exe
wntlgns.exe
TGBRFV_ (maybe extension .exe or .dll or both)

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box. The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.

Empty the Recycle Bin

Go here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
and do an online virus scan.

Be sure and put a check in the box by "Auto Clean" before you do the scan. If it finds anything that it cannot clean have it delete it or make a note of the exact file name and file location so you can delete it yourself.

reboot

post a new log

all the entries located at number 16 games and programs ,you fx them as long as you dont use them anymore .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/what-happened-to-my-computer-23305.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi!

Is there a program that i can use to "read" from the logfiles on my computer to see what programs that has been used and when they have been use and for how long they have been used and so on?

Thanks in advanced

ToddeSwe

A:How can i see what has happened all day on my computer?

See whether the info in the Event Viewer will satisfy your requirements.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278363-how-can-i-see-what-has-happened-all-day-my-computer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Yesterday we had a partial power outgage The lights dimmed to about what they should be and my computer shut off and tried to reboot At the boot screen it would stop and reboot again This happened about times I was not aware of the power problem before I shut it off Then all the power went off for a couple of hours Finally when the power came back on I turned on the computer only to see NOTHING I checked all my connections and everything was fine I thought maybe something happend to the monitor so hooked up another one that didn t work either Then I thought the video card was fried so I tried another one No luck Finally I cleaned happened What computer? to my the reseated everything and tried one last boot when I noticed I m not hearing any beeps I know that s not good So I shoved in a win boot disk and rebooted and it came on fine Except for the fact that I have win so it wouldn t boot at least I knew that the video card and monitor worked fine I put in the win CD and rebooted Everything is fine now Took out the CD and rebooted and everything is back to normal What happened to my computer nbsp

A:What happened to my computer?

Can you try booting and tapping the f8 key which will take you to the safe mode selection screen. from here choose last known good configuration if possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-happened-to-my-computer.153900/
Relevancy 46.87%

earlier my computer was working fine, and then the cpu got a little noisy so i took it off and was cleaning the HSF.Then when i put it back on and start the computer monitor was blank (no signal) and the keyboard numlock that usually turn on didn't.

A:what happened to my computer?

-- DO you see any lights next to power button on CPU Tower

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-happened-to-my-computer.961019/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am very anal-retentive about keeping crap out of my PC and have the Spybot Blaster Start-up Guard Ad-Aware etc I run it on a regular basis and nothing really ever comes up except for the usual tracking cookies in Ad-Aware AND I am using Firefox For some reason though I am getting pop-ups Not on every website and to happened What my OMG. computer??? it isn't terrible but it IS annoying I recently noticed them when I was on one of those free website things Angelfire Geocities etc The funny thing about it was that while OMG. What happened to my computer??? I got the typical pop-ups you would have if you didn't have any sort of blocking I also got the notification at the top of Firefox that told me it had blocked pop-ups WTH Can some pop-ups get through the security measures Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AceLogix StartupGuard sg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus OPScan exe C Documents and Settings Carrie My Documents Unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run Startup Guard C Program Files AceLogix StartupGuard sg exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp eBay Search - res C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTb dll RCSearch html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WIND... Read more

A:OMG. What happened to my computer???

BUMP...

**sniff** Please......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/omg-what-happened-to-my-computer-106410.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Today I turned on my computer, and checked my email, unplugged the inet, and began typing a paper in Word, plugged back the inet connection to check some resources, and BAM! a blue screen pops up saying Physical Dump?! What is that? Now the comp doesn't want to turn back on??? I am not a computer guru, so I need very explicit directions on how to fix the problem?! FREEKING OUT!!!!

A:OMG!!! What the @#$%^ happened to my computer?!

you have experienced the infamous BSOD "Blue Screen of Death" as commonly known in he computing world. Your system has crashed for a myriad of reasons. When it crashes, a debugging error code is dumped to your system log files. These are called minidumps. Learn how to decipher minidump codes to fix the problem:

read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic31341.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/omg-what-the-happened-to-my-computer.83889/
Relevancy 46.87%

Something pretty strange has occured to my desktop It was running fine two days what Help, to happened not sure has computer ago Earlier today I turned on the computer and everything was running ok for a few minutes Then the screen just froze Couldn t move the mouse and the keyboard was not responsive The Ctrl Alt Del combination also was not working Finally just ended up turning off the power supply in the back of the computer In the past when this has occured usually I will see a screen that shows that the computer was not properly shut down and is doing a scan disk Afterwards it will boot up as normal This time the monitor displayed a message saying that it was quot testing quot and that the monitor was working fine but that I should check the cable or the pc On the desktop side within a few seconds after being powered on a constant beeping sound is heard and the computer screen remains blank After a few seconds of this noise I just end up turning off the power supply in the back of the computer I have tried a number of simple things like turning on and off the power supply on the computer unplugging the electrical plugs but still have the same constant beeping sound I was even able to connect the desktop monitor to my notebook Help, not sure what has happened to computer to see if it was a monitor problem but I was able to see my notebook screen on the desktop montior so that probably rules out a monitor or monitor cable problem I really have no idea what could be causing this problem If anyone has encountered a similiar problem or has any suggestions on how to fix this problem it would be really appreciated Computer details are WinXP Home on a P Mhz with MB of Ram JJ nbsp

A:Help, not sure what has happened to computer

check the bios beep code here
www.bioscentral.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-not-sure-what-has-happened-to-computer.323667/
Relevancy 46.87%

Taskmanager, NAV, REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and ZoneAlarm will not start. This is a little worrying but I have run a Trend housecall scan, an Ad-Aware scan and a Spybot S&D scan and these cleaned out all the viruses, spyware and other crap that they found. This could be a bug in windows but I dont know
My Operating system is Windows XP SP1

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all i need some majour help with my computer Early this morning i decided to move some files i had on an old written dvd to my pc and i inserted the dvd into my drive and i Has My What To Happened Computer? got a pop up saying the dvd was a blank cd So i went to my computer and my dvd ram drive was being labled as a cd drive so i tried a few more of my dvd that i have written files on and it comes up as a blank cd and i cannot access the files on it it wont boot any of my written dvd either Here is What Has Happened To My Computer? the puzzler the drive recognises orginal dvd s like my games crysis and gears of war and my asus sriker dvd and i can install and play from them dvd s and the drive boots and plays cds its just seems to be dvd s that i have written I have not had any problem using these dvds before with this drive so i have no idea what is wrong The only thing that i could think was wrong that i recently upgraded the bios and never tested the drive with a copied dvd just orginals So i rolled back to a previouse version of the bios and just to be safe i hit the quot clear bios switch quot on my mobo And what happens the computer does not boot My lcd poster was stuck on the dect dram So i knew there was something wrong with the ram I pulled out my ram and tested them by and what do i find has happened one of my ram sticks has some how stopped working for no reason So i am sitting here with a messed up dvd drive that reads everything but dvd s that i have written on And a messed ram stick that some how blows because i clear the cmos I have got a funny feeling my board has shorted and ruiend my drive and ram But everything else works fine hdd Graphics card and cpu all work perfect What has happened to my computer nbsp

A:What Has Happened To My Computer?

Rap2140, most likely u just have a ram stick go bad and the DVD is fine, although they are cheap these days, (DVD drives). and both could be bad. if u know what kind of ram u need go to the online store of u're choice and replace it and as far as the DVD, do the same. as far as the ram if u do not know what u need go to: http://www.crucial.com/ download their tool to check what mem. u need then u can go where ever u want and buy it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-has-happened-to-my-computer.106095/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Everyone,

I have a computer with 2000 on it and one with 98. They were sharing an internet connection via a wireless router and I have done something that has stop letting the 2000 connect to the internet. The router is connected to the 98, as is the modem.
It was working perfectly until I had a little trouble with the modem, I thought, which turned out to be in the standby mode, so I guess I clicked or pushed something I wasn't supposed to.

Anyone have any idea as to what I might have done to cause this?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have got this files on my C drivers -------> C:\3590F75ABA9E485486C100C1A9D4FF06ZZZ..Z.....ZZZZZ
I don't know how to remove !
Can anyone tell me how to remove??

THX!

A:I don't know what happened of my computer

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDDS.COMDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post. DO NOT attach the log.===Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===What other issues are you having with this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457619/i-dont-know-what-happened-of-my-computer/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok you might wonder why I'm posting this in the hardware thread I have had this problem and found the solution before and I am almost positive it has something to do with the keyboard Here goes In the Find and Replace window Ctrl h in Word alt a is Replace All I use this ALL DAY EVERY DAY For the third time in the last year this has now stopped working Alt R works Replace Alt F works Find just Alt+A Word in all) (replace not working 2010 the one that I REALLY NEED doesn't work I have found the solution the last two times it happened but now I can't find it for the life of Alt+A (replace all) not working in Word 2010 me It had something to do with the keyboard I think it was something to do with the accessibility tab or the driver or something but I can't find it now I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard I deleted the Normal dotm file all to no avail PLEASE help me with this I have the Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic Keyboard fwiw

A:Alt+A (replace all) not working in Word 2010

Maybe this will help:
Windows Key Shortcuts - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/256636-alt-replace-all-not-working-word-2010-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 46.44%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/