Windows Support Forum

Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

Q: Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 94.17%

Dell XPS 410 1GB-Ram 232-HD XP Home Edition. I have used Nero7 fore a long time and used DVD+RW for DVD burning. The last item I burned was an ISO image of SQL Server2008. I then installed the express personal stand alone edition. I Have not made any other changes, but now my E: drive will not read a blank DVD+RW's or DVD-RW's. Every time I try to burn a DVD, I get a put a DVD in the drive window. If I try to open the Drive I get the response of (E:\ is not accessible Incorrect function. It will still read and play previously burned DVDs. My other drive will reply to put a disk in the drive. I'm really confused. Is this a setting, command, or could my drive be going bad. My system is 4yrs old. Drive TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-H553A .Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:E:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

Try removing Nero, and using something else. I used to have this issue with older software on updated windows. I once lost all my CD-ROM's when using an outdated Roxio, and that was fixed with updating. I would recommend doing the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360356/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have Win XP Pro w Service Pack installed Service Pack is from Microsoft Update-my original XP Pro came with SP which I have the cd and a cd-rom drive cd r rw drive and floppy drive For the past weeks whenever I try to access any not accessible. E:\is function. Incorrect of those drives I get the quot E is E:\is not accessible. Incorrect function. not accessible Incorrect function quot message It can be E CD-RW D CD-ROM or A floppy drive The only way I can access any of these drives is to put the CD Rom or Floppy in the drive and then re-boot my computer This message comes up whether it is a cd that I burned E:\is not accessible. Incorrect function. an audio cd from the store or the actual software cd I followed a quot Tech Support Guy quot member s instructions to restore possible over-written files by doing quot sfc scannow quot command with my original XP Pro cd-rom with Service Pack and about different times during the scan the message reads quot Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache Insert your Windows XP CD-rom now quot Nothing happens except I keep getting the same message I put the XP CD-Rom in the drive reboot and then do the scan After the scan I can read the XP CD-Rom but I m not sure what I need to do next Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:E:\is not accessible. Incorrect function.

See if you can obtain the brand and model number of the motherboard and install the drivers for that board.

Sounds like the IDE controllers may have become corrupted OR the partition table of the harddrive may have become corrupted as well.

Try to obtain the motherboard drivers first. You can download them to your desktop in a new folder and run the drivers from there.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.344054/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi My PC can read a DVD and CD but unable to write to DVD When I try to access my DVD drive the system returns an error message K Is not accessible Incorrect Function On top of that it seems Is accessible. not function K:\ Incorrect that the system is detecting my drive as a CDROM drive instead of a DVD RW when I insert an empty DVD media K:\ Is not accessible. Incorrect function But the system is able to read a DVD I have enabled the IMPAI service but the error still occurs The CD Buring software I am using is NERO My computer uses an AOPEN DUW ARR DVD Drive The following is my Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe J Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe J Program Files SEC MagicTune GammaTray exe J Program Files SEC Natural Color NaturalColorLoad exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe J HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http VeryCD com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - J Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - J Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - j Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Viewbar j Program Files AGLOCO Viewbar Viewbar exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AME CSA rundll amecsa cpl RUN DLL O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot J Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer j Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Color Calibration lnk O - Global Startup MagicTune lnk O - Global Startup NaturalColorLoad lnk O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res J Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res J Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddVideo htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - res J Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Su... Read more

Relevancy 94.17%

Today iTunes was refusing to burn my E:\ accessible. Function Incorrect is not playlists and gave me the error message quot Disk burner or software not found quot I quot repaired quot the iTunesi nstallation using add remove programs -Didn t resolve the problem I went on to iTunes preferences - burning tab and all settings were normal My drive was specified burn speed etc -I went to Device Manager and uninstalled the E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function drive and then use add new hardware to install it again -Restarted the PC -Not only has this not fixed the iTunes problem when I put a blank disk into the drive and open it from My Computer I get the following error message quot E is not accessible Incorrect function quot When I right-click and select properties there is no recording tab - when you click the hardware tab it disappears When a blank disk is inserted the drive is labelled CD Drive when I take it out it is labelled CD-RW drive Still plays audio and data CD s perfectly I found this article http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US but this doesn t really apply to me as I don t use Roxio Easy CD Creator It was working perfectly yesterday - any advice nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

Hey guys, I recently installed Nero 6 Ultra Edition. Afterwards, while trying to burn a small amount of files via the built in Windows buring utility, I tried to access my CD rom drive, and I get this error: G:\ Is Not Accessible - Incorrect Function.... I am seriously worried. Is there anyway to fix this? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Here is a screenshot:

Thx Alot

-Ian Lambert

A:G:\ Is Not Accessible - Incorrect Function

uninstall then reinstall nero

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/g-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function-95715.html
Relevancy 94.17%

My trusty Dell is at it again My Cd-r rw DVD r etc drive refuses to read ANYTHING blank cd s blank dvd s music cd s movies you name it I m running XP pro and tried the handy-dandy windows trouble-shooter thing which eventually left me with the comforting message quot windows is unable to solve your problem quot So now I am here I don t think I have an SCSI devices I think that s what they re called or if I do I don t know how to find them Also I already uninstalled and reinstalled accessible. D:\ not Incorrect function. the CD-DVD-read write drive itself other webpages I went to said something about this possibly being caused by roxio ez cd creator or some such nonsense--I do not have this program thus I am not helped Any info you guys can give D:\ not accessible. Incorrect function. me will be greatly appreciated While waiting on responses I will faithfully continue my attempt at fixing the problem myself Again ANY help will be greatly appreciated I am a college and thus right now is not the best time to be having computer problems Thanks Cal nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

I am trying to copy files/folders to a disc, but each time I do so I get the error message "D:not acessible, incorrect function. Using Windows XP.Went via device manager and all is working properly. can anyone help?

A:D:Not accessible incorrect function

You cannot copy data to a CD-R or DVD-R disc like you can with a USB thumb drive or a floppy disk.

You need to use a disc burning program to burn the data to the disc.

Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.83.4312 is a free and very user-friendly one that I personally use.

---------------------------------------------------------

Is the D: drive in your computer capable of burning discs?

Is it a standard CDROM or DVDROM drive or is it a CDRW or DVDRW drive?

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-not-accessible-incorrect-function.1095369/
Relevancy 94.17%

This is the error message I get when I try to use E:\ DVD+RW drive. I can't use Windows Explorer to enable CD Recording because I get the same error message. Properties indicates that E:\ is full with no space to record. DS tells me that some programs used can mess it up this way, and he's trying to remember how he fixed it before.

I'm using WINXP on a Compaq desktop AMD(?)

TIA,
JudieR

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.79318/
Relevancy 94.17%

My cd-burner is currently showing the message D:/ not accessible - Incorrect Function whenever i put in a cd-rw and attempt to open the drive.

After I reinstalled the OS (XP), it worked fine. However, I was so stupid that i uninstalled the Roxio software that came along with the OS. That's when it showed the message.

When I bought the computer, it came along with a Roxio EasyCd Creator 5. This was optional since you could already burn CD's. I have tried installing/uninstalling that several times but it was no use. I have also installed/ reinstalled the hardware too but it was no use either.

The drive can read burned CD-R's and can install programs.

Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks a lot!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-not-accessible-incorrect-function.428418/
Relevancy 94.17%

Another Issue -
Iomega External DVD+-RW
The problem is that i can play CDs and DVDs using this drive but when i put a blank CD or DVD and try to open it - it gives an error G:\ is not accessible Incorrect function tried to delete the upper/lower filter still not able to open a blank media.

Anyone with the same issue - what can be done --

Waiting
JERIN

A:G:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

Try installing a trial version of Nero, but only install the BurningROM portion, not all the other bloated junk. BurningROM is still one of the best out there.

Or try DeepBurner Free and see if this helps.

DeepBurner won't let you format and use the disk as drive (that I know of) but it may allow you to burn a folder and files etc. to it. Same with BurningROM.

I personally have never liked Windows Builtin Burning Feature, never had that much success with it.

Other than that,,,,,,, may be a problem with the drive itself. Or check the properties of the drive and make sure it is set to allow burning.

There is also a Group Policy that will disable burning functions.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218807-g-not-accessible-incorrect-function.html
Relevancy 94.17%

my laptop(win xp service pack 2002) is not reading anymore cd and dvd's.when i insert a cd or dvd in to the cd/dvd-ram my laptop is making the sound like it's reading the cd.... but at the end it doesn't.and when i'm looking in my computer...it's writing on cd/dvd-ram icon CD DRIVE(E) but when i try to acces the cd/dvd-ram i get the message E:\ is not accessible incorrect function .i.ve tried to reistall the windows xp..
but i'm having the same problem.please give me a solution.thank's any way!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.713316/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi all wave My findings I received a cd from a friend with pictures on it If I insert the CD into my labtop and go to Control Panel gt D-drive DVD-Ram reader I not Function accessible - D:/ Incorrect get an error DLA cann t use this disk since it s not formatted and in after another try D not accessible - Incorrect Function and that s the error I keep getting When I tried to set up a virtul computer with VMWare a few months ago a CD with XP on it was not accepted No problems putting in a music cd in or a dvd system works fine Cannot read burned CD s music or whatever Tried the following went into device manager right clicked on the CD DVD drive and D:/ not accessible - Incorrect Function clicked uninstall Restarted the computer then windows should say quot new hardware found quot and let Windows install the CD DVD drive automatically Didn t work out the way I wanted same error My Computer right clicking on the drive and selecting quot Properties quot then click on the Record Recording tab There should be a check mark there about CD recording - remove it and click OK then test to see if it works Still the same error With the help of the Eventviewer I checked ATAPI-errors there were none Checked if the recording tab of the CD DVD drive was activated it was Deleted Upper and Lower filters in the registry Removed all trace sfrom Nero Would appreciate any advice help P S If this is not the correct forum for this topic please let me know nbsp

A:D:/ not accessible - Incorrect Function

How old is your computer?
I had a problem a while back, about 3 weeks after getting a new computer, my DVDRW drive refused to read dvds but would read CDs, which really took the biscuit, so I phoned computer company and they said that it was a dodgy one and sent me a new one, and it worked fine. Do you have any other issues with the drive? maybe you need a new one? have you uninstalled/reinstalled any appropriate drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-not-accessible-incorrect-function.88360/
Relevancy 94.17%

I bought a new LG external super multi DVD rewriter. but when i try to burn any DVD it gives a an error msg drive is not accessible - Incorrect Function. There is no problem with the reading data.

A:D:/ not accessible - Incorrect Function

How are you trying to burn to DVD's? What software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-not-accessible-incorrect-function.751713/
Relevancy 94.17%

Why am I getting this message when I try to open the E:/ drive

I want to burn my pictures to cd, but I can't because of this error message? Can anyone help me?

A:E:/ is not accessible incorrect function...??? HELP??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function-help.363903/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello everybody I have that message showing and I don t know how to fix it The cause is undoubtedly my installing and removing multiple writing burning programs The attempts at fixing have been Uninstall and reinstall update and rollback driver updated from manufacturer site as well system restore multiple bug scans driver updates for Nero remove upper amp lower filters from registry a couple of things with goat s blood and candles you get the picture It all started when I couldn t get my standalone DVD player to recognize the disc I burned with Nero then I tried using other programs I think I need newer media and newer dvd players I can burn discs but it bothers me that I get this message and the recording Incorrect is not accessible. D:\ function. tab is missing from properties-oh yeah services gt IMAPI gt start Well I can still burn amp stuff so I m not upset just curious as to the etiology of this amp solution Thanks all amp hope you all have more willpower to get away from this thing D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. more often than I grinthumb nbsp

A:D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.

Hi Tony777 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Have you ever considered that the drive may be faulty. ??

just a thought oh whilst your here would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.82084/
Relevancy 94.17%

My CD-RW was working fine until it just suddenly stopped working properly. When I insert a blank CD-R into the drive i cannot open the drive and instead I get a message "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function." Any disc with files on it work properly but not blank ones. I really need to burn something so any help will be appreciated.

P.S: I do not own Roxio Easy Cd-Burner I think.

Relevancy 94.17%

Can anyone help me? I am unable to write files to my DVD/CD writeable internal disc. I have enable the device but I still receive the same message. Does my Slysoft/Any DVD software cause the problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tdennis

A:E:/ is not accessible incorrect function

Hello, tdennis, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, what program are you using to write the files?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.87641/
Relevancy 94.17%

I use Windows Explorer Using Windows XP to save files to a cd-r When I want to save files to a cd-r all I do is insert the cd-r copy is D:\ accessible function not incorrect the files to D drive and click on quot Write these files to the cd quot then I m allowed to add more files or use the files on the cd Now when I insert a cd-r in and go to my D drive it says quot D is not accessible incorrect function quot well for a blank cd it says that With a cd-r with files already on it I cannot add files to the cd because it says the cd is read only even though it s not Before this happened I used Roxio for the first time to see how it burned files to a cd But the program doesn t seem to let cds be readable to other computers that don t use Roxio I just want to use Windows Explorer again D:\ is not accessible incorrect function and get rid of that error message Maybe Roxio is causing this problem I m not sure nbsp

A:D:\ is not accessible incorrect function

Roxio can be the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315350

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.283124/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have seen similar threads, but my OS is Windows 2000. I did highlight the D drive, right click, click on Properties, clicked on the Hardware tab, highilghted the manufacturer, clicked properties, clicked properties again and then checked the box for Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device.

When I went back to Windows Explorer and clicked on the D-drive, I got the same error.

Suggestions?

A:D:\ is not accessible Incorrect function

Try disabling DMA (Direct memory access) for the drive.

I had the 'Incorrect function' problem with a new DVD burner when trying to access burned dvds. I'm using windows 2000 and I tried ejecting and reloading the disc and it didn't work. At one point it was able to show me a directory on the dvd+r disc but then when i tried to open it it said something like 'the folder is missing or has been moved'. Then I remembered i had enabled DMA (Direct memory access) because the dvd burning app (Nero 7) suggested it. So I ran the 'Nero DMA Manager' and disabled DMA for both of my cd/dvd drives (one cd burner and one dvd/cd burner). This fixed the problem completely. But I might try enabling it just for the dvd burner on a hunch that that might work too.

Hope this helps someone...

Bill

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.46574/
Relevancy 94.17%

For years I have been able to burn CDs on my Lite on SOHR 5239S CD-RW. Suddenly, the drive will not open. When an audio CD is inserted, it picks up the music. When a blank CD-R is inserted, iTunes will recognize it. However, opening the CD-RW drive with a blank CD-R prompts the message:

D:\ is not accessible.
Incorrect function.

I have tried changing the registry values per Microsoft's instructions to no avail. I am running XP SP3 and also have a DVD drive installed. What else do you need to know?
Thanks.

A:CD-RW not accessible. Incorrect function.

try to add the following registry entry

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cdburnallow.reg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-not-accessible-incorrect-function.897954/
Relevancy 94.17%

My PC's removable drives are not working properly
The floppy drive, cd rom drive and even the USB flash drive are having problems reading any media.
When media is inserted into either of the drives a pop up error message says
a: inaccessible, incorrect function
the disks work fine on different pc's
any ideas?

A:X: in accessible , incorrect function

Have you checked in the device manager for problems with the devices? Any recent hardware/software changes?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/x-in-accessible-incorrect-function-56749.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello The following is my laptop spec Technology TL- Ghz BG of Ram Physical Address Extension Matshita DVD-Ram UJ- H Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Now whenever I insert a cd on my Matshita DVD-Ram UJ- H it shows this error message quot D is not accessible Incorrect function quot I experience the same whenever I insert a blank dvd rw However if the dvd rw is not blank then I am able to see the function is accessible. Error: not Incorrect D:\ contents of the dvd rw disc without getting this error What Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function is wrong On my Windows Registry I have instances of this HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE and on more than one of then the quot Upper Filter quot exists therefore I am unable to decide which one s quot Upper quot I should delete to see if the problem gets fixed or not I have seen on many forums others experiencing the same and getting advised to uninstall Roxio but I don t think I have it or the Nero because I can t find them on my Start- gt All Programs And I don t think that me not having a cd burner software is the problem because like I mentioned before I am able to see the Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function contents of a dvd disc inserted on my dvd drive providing the disc is not empty I have seen the following solution mentioned on the internet quot Got to the Drive letter in Windows Explorer and right clicking on it Go to Properties Click on Recording Check quot Enable CD recording on this drive quot But the problem is I can see only this much on my WinXp SP Windows Explorer- gt DVD-Ram and after right clicking on it - gt Properties but there is no quot recording quot tab Therefore I cannot check the quot Enable CD recording on this drive quot option I am really stuck now Can some techie specialist help Thank You nbsp

A:Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function

Suggest you try this first: see CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.147263/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a PacificDigital external dvd burner usb 2.0. I am able to burn dvd's that will play on any of my dvd players but will not play on the burner unit. It plays standard movie dvd's without any problem. PacificDigital has since gone out of business and their products are without any support. I am runnung Microsoft XP Home Edition. Your thoughts please

A:Get msg. drive e: not accessible incorrect function

Burner is dead. Buy another. LG or Liteon are inexpensive and fairly good. Avoid Sony, HP, and LaCie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-msg-drive-e-not-accessible-incorrect-function.74205/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello The following Error: D:\ function. Incorrect not accessible. is is my laptop spec Technology TL- Ghz BG of Ram Physical Address Extension Mat a DVD-Ram UJ- Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. H Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Now whenever I insert a cd on my Mat a DVD-Ram UJ- H it shows this error message quot D is not accessible Incorrect function quot I experience the same whenever I insert a blank dvd rw However if the dvd rw is not blank then I am able to see the contents of the dvd rw disc without getting this error What is wrong On my Windows Registry I have instances of this HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE and on more than one of then the quot Upper Filter quot exists therefore Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. I am Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. unable to decide which one s quot Upper quot I should delete to see if the problem gets fixed or not I have seen on many forums others experiencing the same and getting advised to uninstall Roxio but I don t think I have it or the Nero because I can t find them on my Start- gt All Programs And I don t think that me not having a cd burner software is the problem because like I mentioned before I am able to see the contents of a dvd disc inserted on my dvd drive providing the disc is not empty I have seen the following solution mentioned on the internet quot Got to the Drive letter in Windows Explorer and right clicking on it Go to Properties Click on Recording Check quot Enable CD recording on this drive quot But the problem is I can see only this much on my WinXp SP Windows Explorer- gt DVD-Ram and after right clicking on it - gt Properties but there is no quot recording quot tab Therefore I cannot check the quot Enable CD recording on this drive quot option I am really stuck now Can some techie specialist help Thank You nbsp

A:Error: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.

It could be a firmware issue, check the PC manufacturers site for an update, if it is a store bought DVD drive, check the manufacturers site of the drive for a firmware upgrade.

Also run this diagnostic

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.923645/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a DVD-RW internal drive in my system. When I insert a disk, e.g., a DVD, it plays fine. But when I go to access that drive to burn something to it I get the following drop down message: D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function. Can the Techguys tell me what's up? System has Windows XP Home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.889901/
Relevancy 93.31%

CD/DVD DRIVER-W (G not accessible-incorrect function."
If I insert the new blank CD to the CD/DVD burner I get the message ~ "G:\is not accessible - incorrect function" and occasionally it asks me to insert a new disc when there is one in there. It has no problem playing pre-burned or commercial CD/DVD's. I can burn using other software such as Nero. Any clues where the problem may be?
Please help me sir.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-g-not-accessible-incorrect-function.731365/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have been trying to drag and drop and or copy .EXE into my DVD Rom, however i am getting this error message. It will not open a DVD if clicked on without the error.
D:/ is not accessible- incorrect function. It is a Matshita DVD-Rom UJ-842 in a Lenovo T 60 Laptop.
I am able to burn ISO images to the DVD's. I can as well read from the DVD's.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3062 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 94802 MB, Free - 60751 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, 6371CTO
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled.

Any help out there?

A:Solved: D:/ is not accessible- incorrect function

To drag and drop files onto a DVD in Windows XP you need special packet writing software install such as Nero's INCD or Roxio's Drag n' Drop, or Sonic's DLA(now part of Roxio). Windows XP only has limited burning capability for CD-R/CD-RW discs, but non for DVD's.

You're better off burning a DVD with either the Lenovo provided software OR a free alternative such as CDBurnerXP: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.1029523/
Relevancy 93.31%

Just recently i began getting an error while trying to view blank cds or dvds and WMP11 does not recognize any drives capable of burning.

d: not accessible incorrect function error

It is a LiteOn DVD-RAM drive. This is the first problem i have had with it and it seems to be XP specific. Vista has no problems. I can burn with Nero 8 in XP with no problems. Also Kubuntu burns fine and reads everything.

I tried uninstalling the drive and restarting with no luck. Is there any other drivers i can reinstall? I put in new firmware for the drive trying to get it to work with no success.

Any ideas?

A:d: not accessible incorrect function error

Ran SFC and replaced some files and everything is ok now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/d-not-accessible-incorrect-function-error-199319.html
Relevancy 93.31%

If I drag and drop files to the CD/DVD burner I get the message ~ "G:\is not accessible - incorrect function" and occasionally it asks me to insert a new disc when there is one in there. It has no problem playing pre-burned or commercial CD/DVD's. I can burn using other software such as Veritas. I checked in Device Manager and there seem to be no problems. I've read a similar post which advises looking into the device properties and ensuring that 'recording' is enabled but I don't have a 'recording' tab in the drive properties. Any clues where the problem may be?

Relevancy 92.02%

I can not access DVD media (read or write). I have:
1) Uninstalled all 3rd party burning software.
2) Deleted the upper and lower filters.
3) Went into the properties of each drive and enabled recording.
4) Edited the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives\ and changed the Drive Type so that one drive is a 2 and the other is a 3.

Win XP Home was clean installed in July '08. All updates are current. Currently running SP3. Using Kaspersky Anti-Virus and no viruses have been found.

Anybody have any ideas?

irwindesign

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optical-drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.764557/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi everyone,

I have an extremely annoying problem at the moment when trying to record files on to my cd. I do everything in the normal way : click on the file I want to copy to CD, then under File and Folder Tasks I click Copy this file, then in the Copy items dialog box I click the cddrive. I then get the message R:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.. I also get the same problem if I just try to drag a picture or file onto the cd icon...

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hopefully it's quite simple to remedy, but I'm baffled. I think this problem has existed for quite some time, but at the moment I really need to use this facility.

I'm not really gemmed up on computers, so if anyone can help me out please keep it simple.

Cheers and I hope someone can help!

Mike

A:CD writing problems - R:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function

...any help out there? Pretty desperate at mo.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-writing-problems-r-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function-38220.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I am having a problem accessing my CD drive and my Floppy drive Using XP Home on an HP laptop When I click on My Computer and click on either floppy or Cd drive Drive not incorrect Getting function messgae accessible I get a little box that says quot F is not accessible Incorrect function quot It gives this message on both Floppy and CD drives The Cd drive is either DVD Getting Drive not accessible incorrect function messgae or CD and it will play a DVD But not a CD When I go to Getting Drive not accessible incorrect function messgae Properties it shows that nothing is in the drive It will recognize a CD if I reboot since I put in my XP disk and rebooted and did a repair on the ops system so the bios sees the drive The repair did not take care of the problem If I go to Control Panel and Admin Tools and then Disk management it shows the CD drive and if I put a CD in it it sees the CD and shows the megabit size but if I right click and say open I get the same incorrect function message Any suggestions nbsp

A:Getting Drive not accessible incorrect function messgae

See if this may pertain to you......

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315350
Debe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-drive-not-accessible-incorrect-function-messgae.120450/
Relevancy 91.16%

I am getting "E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function" message when i try to burn a CD or DVD on an external DVD\RW that works on other PC's. Last week I tried a drag and drop in windows explorer that failed. since then my internal and external drives won't burn. they don't even show up in my Roxio as burn devices. I did not have any problems prior to the drag and drop failure. I have since uninstalled all of the burning softwares that were on my pc. I know it is not a hardware problem as I am able to burn to the external on other pc's. any ideas??? please help.

A:Getting E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function message on an external burner

This may work

I had the same problem and recently cured it by going to the Drive letter in Windows Explorer and right clicking on it. Go to Properties; Click on Recording; Check "Enable CD recording on this drive". If it wasn't clicked before this will probably do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function-message-on-an-external-burner.31391/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi I need not Hard Drive Function accessible: Incorrect folder help on an external hard drive problem I m having now I have a Western Digital gb IDE hard drive in an external USB enclosure I set it to CS on the jumpers and it detected the drive and I was able to access all files with some permission issues Then a power Hard Drive folder not accessible: Incorrect Function outage occurred and when I connect to the drive it runs but I can only access certain files and folders Other folders take along while to access then I get this message folder not accessible Incorrect Function see image attached I ve tried connecting the drive to another computer and it opens the folder but it s blank The drive itself indicates that there s about gb stored The folder i m trying to access has about gb of data Also when I Hard Drive folder not accessible: Incorrect Function try to safely remove hardware for this drive it stalls for a long time I ve also tried another smaller gb WD hard drive and it works fine when I connect to the enclosure although it s a blank drive with no data When trying to safely remove it works fine It s strange that the drive was able to be accessed prior to the power outage and now it s not and seems really slow I m running Vista Home Please help Siedog nbsp

A:Hard Drive folder not accessible: Incorrect Function

You may need to Take Ownership of your folder and grant yourself Full Control privileges

See these two links:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/101393-repair-vista-options-preferred-sequence.html

Some more excellent help here:

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

Five Windows Vista Tips for Networking and File Sharing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-folder-not-accessible-incorrect-function.122438/
Relevancy 91.16%

Ok I read through many other threads and googled for help without results Everyone seems to fix their problem by deleting some registry keys etc However I had recently made a clean install from Vista to XP Before I formatted I could drag and drop to blank function) Problem (Drive Incorrect not Burner - DVD accessible, is CDs and DVDs however now Whenever I do that it d say I is not accessible Incorrect function When I look in device manager there are no yellow exclamation marks around DVD Burner Problem - (Drive is not accessible, Incorrect function) any of my hardware The only burning software I have on my computer are DVDFab and ConvertXtoDvd though if that s the case Can anyone please help me make my drive usable again thank you Note It can read data CDs and game CDs Also I have DVD drive However when I click quot MY Computer quot there is DVD Drive D and DVD-RAM I When I insert a disc in it ll appear in DVD-RAM I but when I uninstall the driver for DVD-RAM I it ll appear on DVD Drive D However when I reboot windows the driver will reinstall itself nbsp

A:DVD Burner Problem - (Drive is not accessible, Incorrect function)

Replace the burner. They are no longer that expensive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problem-drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.125734/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have driver magician but never says anything about updating........ the drive in not accesible only whith any type of type of blank disk not cds or dvds )= and I have plenty of stuff i need to burn.....help me and thank you

A:Sony cdrw/dvd crx835E big problem, device not accessible incorrect function?

It could just be a bad burner. They do wear out, and they are no longer expensive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-cdrw-dvd-crx835e-big-problem-device-not-accessible-incorrect-function.132007/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop with Windows XP (last 3 years). It has now stopped recognising any blank cd or dvd and gives the error message "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function". It can however read/play cd's or dvd's that have data/music/movies on them.

I have gone to Dell's support site and applied firmware updates for CD/DVD drive. I have also previously changed D drive setting to "enable burning of CD's".

The D: drive shows up in Windows Explorer but I cannot even select to. I click on D drive and cursor jumps back to C:, so I cant even get to it.

What else can i do?

Thanx

A:Laptop D: drive gives "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function"

Have the CD/DVD drive replaced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-d-drive-gives-d-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.165423/
Relevancy 80.84%

When trying to copy files to a CD to take a local drugstore for printing I was unable to access the D drive. We kept getting a message:"D:\ is not accessible - incorrect function". Eventually we moved the files to a shared folder and I accessed them from our other computer and did the copying on that computer's drive. The drive on the original computer does work - I put in two different cds - one an audio CD and the other witha Flash presentation on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The computer in Question is a Dell desktop. The computer also has Roxio CD creator on there - that wouldn't even let me copy pictures with the version that we have.

Thanks

A:CD-RW drive is "not accessible" - incorrect function

Go into Device Manager and open up the DVD/CDROM heading. What does it say about your drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.422013/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have CD/RW and DVD/RW drives. When I try to copy files or images from my hard drive to one of these I get the message "D:\is not accessible Incorrect Function." OS is XP
I can play DVD and CDs that I have recorded previouly but am unable to write to or access these drives any longer. Any ideas appreciated.

A:CD/DVD "drive not accessible/Incorrect function"???

Bump ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-not-accessible-incorrect-function.411662/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey there all.

This problem just happened recently. Every time I put a blank CD in my CD drive, a message appears saying "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function. I can watch DVDs but it won't recognize any blank CDs I put.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

A:Drive is not accessible - "incorrect function"

First try this from the Windows Explorer after you have inserted a disc.

Right-Click on E: drive

Select Properties from the pop up menu

Select the Recording Tab

then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.166087/
Relevancy 80.41%

Ok, I have three Dell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 Desktops here with Windows 2000 Professional on them. I got them from a doctor's office that had upgraded their computers. I was going to do a bunch of hardware tests to make sure everything was ok, then format the HDDs and install XP Professional on them and sell them. My question is, I'm pretty sure there is some important information on these drives. I would hate for that information to get into the wrong hands. I have a feeling the only way to be absolutely sure that that does not happen is to physically destroy the drives, but I wanted to make sure first. So, if I format them and install a new OS, could someone still access the data that was previously on the drives? And if so, is there anything I can do, other than destroy them, to prevent that? Thanks.

Relevancy 79.55%

I want to copy photos from my computer to a CD in my E drive My first problem was that the E drive did not show up as one of my options when I went to quot Send quot the files I went to quot My Computer quot and double clicked the "E:\ Function" Incorrect is Accessible. not E drive and that s when I got the above remark see title of this thread I tried right clicking on the E drive and checked quot properties quot and found that the pie for the E drive is completely blue which supposedly means full I am using a brand new CD and I tried several other blanks just to be sure I don t know what to do next I am not very knowledgeable about computers so if anyone can help me--I would really appreciate it But--please lead me step by step--I know just enough to get around To most of you I am probably the age of "E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function" your grandmother--so be kind nbsp

A:"E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function"

Do you have any CD/DVD burning software?
It usually ships with a new system...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.132492/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 71.81%

pete

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everybody!
well, nobody wants to hear about lost data...it is to painfull...sorry guys..
I format an old hd western digital IDE. Now I want to recover some data from it!
ok, I search software recovery and found "File Scavenger" (www.quetek.com).
now my PC is set with a sata drive. If I connect my format HD IDE as a slave I can see it in the BIOS as " secondary IDE slave " but I cannot boot my PC with my sata drive ( I get an error message about harware conflict ) and I need to boot to be able to work on the recovery.
any ideas someone?
thanks

A:data recovery after format

well guys I finally get some of my files back with scavenger 2.
but I am still working on the issue of recovering not only from a formatted HD but also an overwritten one...( when after the format you install a fresh copy of windows...forget about recovering under that sector. ) but they say that hope is a way of surviving...
thanks anyway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-after-format.348431/
Relevancy 69.23%

just wondering.. is there any way to recover data frm a hard disk after formatting? but the thing is the hard disk was unreadable b4.. and after formatting, it can be read but evidently everything is gone.. i have written some stuff on this hard disk already.. is there anyway to recover the previous files? help would be appreciated... :>

Relevancy 67.94%

The problem I am having is with the following hard drive DiamondMax Plus GB ATA HDD This is in an enclosure as Hard Drive not Need up: data showing recovery an external hard drive I removed it from the Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery case and hooked it to my USB to IDE adapter When the HDD first comes on Hard Drive not showing up: Need data recovery it clicks and is not recognized by my computer as being connected via USB I understand that clicking is not good and means the HDD is dead or dying When the clicking finally stopped Windows Explorer recognized it as being connected However the properties of the hard drive show all blue no free space Plus it is indicating that the HDD needs formatting This HDD was used to store photos and video and had to have been formatted in order to do this of course I ran a CHKDSK r and SFC scannow but nothing improved and I truly don t remember if any errors were found as a result of the scans Any suggestions as how to retrieve the data off this HDD or how to bring back the format without erasing the entire disk Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there I need some assistance to determine if I have any options left Long story short an Iomega home media network hard drive lost some data that was needed badly Not NAS drive data issues. hard recovery/format help sure if this was deleted by someone or the drive corrupted The web gui has no NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help recovery options and the data wasn t backed up Took the HDD out of the enclosure and used a SATA to USB connector to attach to a computer locally Computer says it needs to be formatted and wouldn t give it a drive letter In disk manager it NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help showed as a RAW file format even though it s still usable when in enclosure and on network maybe the linux os that runs it can access the raw format anyway I have never recovered raw before and I understand it isn t nice file names are generally not recoverable I tried a few programs like easeus data recovery and had no luck One program saw files and recovered them by type but each file wouldn t load and acted corrupt like word files opened with squares for all of the content and pictures would not open etc Do I have any options I was thinking about formatting the file system to NTFS and then trying an NTFS recovery program but would this even work at all or would formatting just overwrite sectors where the missing files are and recovering wouldn t work because it s now a new filesystem I m guessing it was raw to start with since it still works normally I don t think it corrupted and switched file formats but iomega doesn t seem to give me a hint on this anyway no file system format info NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help Help Please and thank you nbsp

A:NAS hard drive issues. data recovery/format help

No, don't format. Don't do anything to the drive that could possibly overwrite your files.

If a Linux-based OS was managing it, do you know what file system it used to format that drive?

You might want to actually inspect the drive from a Linux-based OS since it would appear to Windows to be unfoermatted even if it had a perfectly intact Ext3fs file system, for example. If you have it already connected to the machine, try a boot CD (or try a file-system driver and try it from Windows).

Parted Magic disk partitioning, PC repair, and file recovery tool (Bootable CD or USB image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-hard-drive-issues-data-recovery-format-help.1051222/
Relevancy 67.08%

My son disc to create Drive me C format data recovery let Cannot is Cannot create data recovery disc to let me format C Drive running Windows Pro on a sad little Gb RAM PC GHz and of course it is somewhat underpowered and the PC is badly in need of a formatiing anyway Problem is I can t get to a Format command anywhere I can get into BIOS OK set the DVD as first boot option but when I save it F and then it reboots the screen always comes up with the quot Start Windows Normally quot option I can reach the quot boot from any CD DVD option but for some weird option the arrows on the keyboard will not alow me to move away from this latter choice yet the board works fins with everything else I can t get it to boot from the original Win CD Windows Vista or even Pro OS s so of course again cannot get to the format command I have created a System Recovery Disc but I am not sure how to use this disc but nonetheless cannot seem to find an option for formatting there anyway So how can I format this C Drive when Any help much appreciated nbsp

A:Cannot create data recovery disc to let me format C Drive

Formatting beforehand has not been needed since around 2000. It is part of the installation. Start the installation and all will be well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-create-data-recovery-disc-to-let-me-format-c-drive.1024608/
Relevancy 67.08%

I took my 3Tb out of it's external case and put it into my computer and it didn't show up so I put it back and it looked like my data was gone!

I tried a couple programs to get it back because they said the drive was empty or something.

I gave up and now I'm trying to get everything back again but the drive won't show up in windows 8 but my other one days and I'm using the same cords and everything.

It also boots up.

A:Seagate Expansion 3TB data recovery / not showing up anymore.

It looks like taking it out of the case makes it show up in diskaprt.exe now and I'm trying to recover the files with segate recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334050-seagate-expansion-3tb-data-recovery-not-showing-up-anymore.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Recently got my new NVIDIA GTX Gigs Unknown Identifier! in NVIDIA Device showing two card New on board DDR card Was excited New NVIDIA card showing two in Unknown Device Identifier! to get it installed After a bit of time figuring stuff out New NVIDIA card showing two in Unknown Device Identifier! I got it installed and booted up and of course it needed a driver so everything was quite LARGE for a little while then the screen flashed a few times and there it was Nice and normal looking Then I started running into issues Like when I would reboot rather than just booting in I would be taken to my BIOS screen I don't know why but I guess there is a setting there I need to adjust but don't know what it would be I have a GIGABYTE X -UD Mb So if that gives anyone a one up as to what to suggest that would be great I've tried rebooting a couple of times with the same result Hangs at the boot screen power off and power on goes to the BIOS and then once I quot Save and Exit quot then it boots into my logon screen no problem Another issue is that when running the quot Unknown Device Identifier quot it's finding two instances of the video card One is not highlighted but the other is highlighted in red It's also still registered to my older GTX so not sure how to get rid of that I've looked all over but can't find where that older NVIDIA info is stored Perhaps in my registry Thanks for the help Richard

A:New NVIDIA card showing two in Unknown Device Identifier!

In BIOS there should be a graphics setting to chose whether to use the integrated graphics or the dedicated card. It is worded differently sometimes like dynamic or static or something different. Anyway try to find whatever it is and change settings to see if it makes a difference.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/67021-new-nvidia-card-showing-two-unknown-device-identifier.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My sister just got a new camera a Kodak . When she tried to put the pictures on the computer it said " format sd now" or something along those lines. When she then tried to put the sd card back in to the camera it said "format now" .

Is their anything that can be done to save all the pictures??????

A:Sd--card saying to format but il lose all data

Hi deano747 and welcome to TSF

I have Kodak camera and never liked Kodak's software. I found that you can plug the camera's USB data cable directly into the camera and the computer's USB port, (not using the docking unit) that you can use Windows Explorer, My Computer, or Microsoft scanner and camera wizard. Turn the camera on after hooking up the cable.

If one of these will work, there might be a problem with the Kodak software. If not, there is probably no way to save the pictures.

Hope this helps
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sd-card-saying-to-format-but-il-lose-all-data-235616.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I made a backup of some very important files by useing drag and drop. I formated the disk and draged the files onto the disk in explorer. I tested it when I did it and the files where on there. Now when i insert the disk, it shows that the space on the disk is taken up but when i open the disk in explorer it shows no files? I can use cd roller and isobuster and the files are readable, but i cannot afford 40 bucks for this one time use. I think i may have double clicked the dvd rw drive e: too early and it started to format the disk? What do i do?

I am on windows vista home premium.

Manufaturer cd\dvd +rw drive

dell inspiron desktop 530s

A:Damaged Data dvd recovery. Drag drop dvd shows used space but not files are showing!

Thanks again techsupportforums.com! Your Great

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/damaged-data-dvd-recovery-drag-drop-dvd-shows-used-space-but-not-files-are-showing-247857.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I am having a problem with my external hard drive not working. My laptop cannot read the drive, it does not display properly in my computer and when I try to click on it it freezes and the message appears "Drive is not accessible, parameters are incorrect". I used it about three weeks ago and it was fine so I don't know what happened. I always make sure to safely remove it and am careful not to damage it. The light still still turns on when plugged in and I can hear it trying to work.

I really want to keep the files as they are from my previous laptop which died and do not have them stored anywhere else. My fault I know, but I had thought external hard drives were more reliable and I do not like the idea of cloud storage. Because of this I am hesitant to try CHKDSK. Is there anything else I can do to recover the files or fix the drive? If I take it to a computer technician would they be able to do it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-error-not-accessible-parameters-incorrect.208079/
Relevancy 62.78%

looking for a free version of something like this Memory Card Recovery Software to Recover Lost Photos - CardRecovery
that will allow me to recover a bunch of HD video clips that were mistakenly erased

A:free card format recovery software program

My favourite shot : Try PhotoRec PhotoRec - CGSecurity . Do go through PhotoRec Step by Step here before embarking. ( haven't had an opportunity to try it though.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/193167-free-card-format-recovery-software-program.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Want to recover SIM card deleted files. Downloaded software, and thought I could use an SD card adapter to connect the SIM card to my PC. I have an AT&T phone. I can not figure out how to connect the SIM card to my PC. Is there any way to recover the data??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-of-sim-card-data.837335/
Relevancy 62.35%

A friend of mine gave me a GB SD card that came out of a digital camera They were hoping to use data recovery SD Card the photos that were on it to make some christmas cards this year She said she SD Card data recovery was trying to upload photos from the card that it was acting very slow and gave up Pulled the card from the PC and later when she tried again it said it couldn t recognize the file system and said she should format the card I took the card and put it through Photorec CardRecovery Runtime GetDataBack for FAT and NTFS and all didn t detect a single file start point or any data left on the card I ve done data recovery on hard drives several times and there s always something left behind but this is the SD Card data recovery first time I ve ever messed with a flash drive and I m wondering if I should be expecting anything different when trying to find data that might be left or if there is some better software out SD Card data recovery there I could try nbsp

A:SD Card data recovery

i use zar , which usually works well
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

however, as you have tried a few recovery programs it may not be successful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-data-recovery.1115601/
Relevancy 62.35%

University of Illinois engineers developed fiber-optic technology that can transmit data at a blazing-fast 57 gigabits per second, without errors

Feng?s group has been pushing VCSEL technology to higher speeds in recent years, and in 2014 was the first group in the U.S. to achieve error-free data transmission at 40 gigabits per second (denoted as Gbps). Now, in a series of conference papers, they report 57 Gbps error-free data transmission at room temperature, as well as 50 Gbps speeds at higher temperatures up to 85 degrees Celsius (185 degrees Fahrenheit).

Achieving high speeds at high temperatures is very difficult, Feng said, due to the nature of the materials used, which prefer lower temperatures. However, computing components grow warm over extended operation, as anyone who has worked on an increasingly heated laptop can attest.

https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/341965

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45167-record-speed-data-transmission-could-make-big-data-more-accessible.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an SD card, used in a Camera. I cannot access the data , (photos) that are on it. It seems to be full.

When I try to access the disk, I get "You may need to format the disk before you an use it".

Can anyone suggest / recommend a method of recovering my data?

I've looked at several commercial products but they seem to cost about 20. I only need to retrieve a few photos.

Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-sd-card-data-recovery.774870/
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently, I have been recieving an incorrect function error when I try to copy pictures or files to my CD burner. I can burn with the software that came with the burner (which was pre-installed with the computer), but not with the Windows CD writing wizard. I checked the Microsoft Knowledge base, and found a reference to my error, but I dont have that burning software, so I cant resolve the problem that way. I havent changed anything since it worked last (about 2 weeks ago). I have a Pavillion 504n, and Win XP and the burner came preinstalled. Anyone had a problem like this before?? The software that is installed is RecordNow.
thyme

Relevancy 61.49%

I left for lunch today. When I returned one folder on my Western Digital external hard drive is now giving me the error: Incorrect Function and will not open. I have opened the files today (right before lunch). It just so happens the one folder are my gradebook files!! I'm in a panic as I have to admit I've been bad and haven't backed up since before Christmas!!

I've opened almost every folder on the hard drive and the files attached and so far everything else has behaved perfectly. The only one giving me this error is the one that will cause me so many problems it isn't funny.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a chance out there for me recovering these files?

A:Please help - Incorrect Function

You may be able to recover your files using Zar: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm

Please try it and back up all data first.

After fully backing up do this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-incorrect-function.102340/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am trying to load MS Windows XP Professional on my wife's computer. I have formatted the hard drive and inserted the disk, but I keep getting an incorrect function error message. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Relevancy 61.49%

Pardon me if I put this thread in the wrong place Being new I m just alittle lost Anyhow I had this incorrect Incorrect DVD Function function when trying to get my Sony DRU- A to read a DVD It would read a CD just fine but it kept throwing up that incorrect function error when I tried to play a DVD I tried eveything I knew too do and followed the instructions in a similar post on this forum but with no luck However I did find something that did work DVD Incorrect Function After about hours of trying every trick in the book I cleared the CMOS I took the battery from the motherboard and left it DVD Incorrect Function out for about minutes and when I re-installed it and re-booted the DVD player worked perfectly Granted this may not work for everyone but if you re to the point where this problem is getting on your last nerve it may just help Sure I had to reset some of my settings in the BIOS but it was well worth it Hope this will help someone nbsp

A:DVD Incorrect Function

Hi

interesting little trick, and im glad it got it working, is a bit wierd though why it happened in the first place.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-incorrect-function.110285/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi this is the first post to me
I have a problem when I want to open the blank cd I get this message ( incorrect function )
but I can burn cd by any program.
so what is the solution ?
I'm using (xp sp2)

Relevancy 61.06%

I'm in an area where I have no experience. I have the SIM card reader hardware and I need to know where there are any free programs for reading, writing and data recovery, if not free, then cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-program-for-sim-card-reading-and-data-recovery.980675/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys n gals.

I accidentally delted a few .mp4 files from my GoPro's SD card from my first scuba diving trip. No good I did it through Windows, but they are not in the Recycle Bin. When prompted to delete, it said "are you sure you want to permanently delete these items?" Unfortunately, I had a few good files selected as well.

I've tried the free EaseUS data recovery software, and while it has found the files and "recovered" them, Windows Media player gives me an error message when I try to play it back.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

A:Looking for Data Recovery Help for deleted .mp4 from Micro SD card

Try this https://www.piriform.com/recuva
I've never used it myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-data-recovery-help-for-deleted-mp4-from-micro-sd-card.1144843/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am having trouble with one particuler CD ROM, I get the above message if I try and access it via My Computer, if I let it auto run it crashes the PC.

The CD in question is Office 97.

I managed to install Word from it before this happened, but Word says something about missing registry items when I tried to open the blank Outlook Express document (others open fine).

Im running W2000 Pro with SP2.

Any ideas?

A:CD ROM 'Incorrect Function' message?

Here a link to a Microsoft article for XP which may help for 2000 as well: http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315350

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-incorrect-function-message.96438/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently acquired a WD TB hard drive P N WD H U- from a friend because he can no longer get it to work and bought a new one he says if i can fix it i can have it the drive shows a USB icon in the lower right hand corner with only the option to eject last attached pic drive does not show up under my computer other drives do internal drive and another USB mass storage device However the drive does show will HDD - 1TB Function not Incorrect Ext WD initialize up under the device management first attached pic Under the disk management screen it pops up telling me i need to initialize the drive second attached pic I then click ok on the correct option for WD 1TB Ext HDD will not initialize - Incorrect Function under TB drive and i get this error failure third attached pic after that closes i can right click the drive in the same WD 1TB Ext HDD will not initialize - Incorrect Function screen and the initialize is WD 1TB Ext HDD will not initialize - Incorrect Function now grayed out and i cant click on it fourth attached pic So here's what i have done Tried reformatting it in command prompt fifth attached pic cant create partition primary im assuming because the drive is not initialized what is my next step data being lost is no biggie BUT if it can be saved easily my friend says there are a few pics he would like to get off of it but if not he is not worried about it

A:WD 1TB Ext HDD will not initialize - Incorrect Function

Try to reinitialise the WD external HDD to the factory condition.

Download the Windows executable (requires no installation) version HDDGURU: HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool , run it with your ext. hard drive plugged in, select it and do the low level format. This may take a few hours. ( I see that you have not tried diskpart - clean all. This software does the samething - writing zeroes to each and every sector and reinitialising the hard disk drive. One advantage here when compared to diskpart-clean all is that you get a visual representation of the progress and you will not get impatient.)

If it enconters errors, that will appear in the dialog box. In that case you have to fall back upon the drive manufacturer's test/diagnose/repair utility and check the drive.

If it successfully completes the LLF, you have to carry out a regular format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/265912-wd-1tb-ext-hdd-will-not-initialize-incorrect-function.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm having the same problem, trying to send pictures or data to cd drive, says D:/ not accesible- incorrect function. Can burn discs from Windows media player and can copy discs using Roxio. It does play Dvd's after I installed some missing codecs. Have not tried to burn any Dvd's This happens on a recently installed Liteon 16x DVD/CD Writer & Re writer model SHW-160P6S10C.Has been this way since install, maybe I'm missing some software or need some more codecs, I used K-Lite. Cpu is Compaq 850 mhz, 512 Ram Windows XP Pro SP2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Relevancy 60.63%

i get that error above (E:/ not accessible incorrect function) I tried to load a dvd this is my dvd drive, I have a couple of virtual drives if you want to know but any help would be great, ill keep trying in the mean time anybody that has or does know how to fix this please help.

Relevancy 60.63%

for some reason my dvd drive has stopped working. when i ry and play cd or dvd i get a message saying "D:/ is not accesible incorrect function" i've also having trouble burning data files. has my dvd drive packed up?

Relevancy 60.63%

What does that Mean? My CD-RW won't write or burn to the disc I can't access the drive. It shows up in My Computer but it won't work. It worked for a while then went back to E:/not accessable incorrect funtion what does that mean?

A:E:/Not accessable Incorrect Function

Hi Gorgeousgal, I could really use some more information from you as this could be caused by many different issues. Some of which include, a malfunctioning CD-RW device, a software problem, ect. ect. However try this first and let me know if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't we can proceed from there to fix the problem.

Go into my computer - right click on the E: drive - select properties - then select the tab that says recording - then make sure that enable recording on this drive is checked, (Don't change anything else) - then click apply and then ok.

See if that allows you to burn again and let me know.

Reguards
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/e-not-accessable-incorrect-function-515082.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently added a larger hard drive to my system and moved everything from my old drive to the new one and changed the drive letter of Incorrect - Function Sharing the new drive to match the old one Incorrect Function - Sharing so that paths would not be broken for all my shortcuts Lightroom folders etc Everything seemed to transition fine However I'm trying to share my drive over the network which before was a never a problem I had removed the share to troubleshoot other issues I was having previously and decided to wait till I made the drive switch to reactivate the share Today I right click on the drive and go to properties and sharing I noticed that the share button under 'Network File and folder Sharing' is grayed out even though it's not being shared So I choose Advanced Sharing From there I check the box to share the folder and press apply and I get this lovely error quot An error occurred while trying to share F Incorrect function The shared resource was not created at this time quot I also tried using net share via elevated command line but when I do quot net share f F quot it tells me that my syntax is incorrect which I'm pretty sure it's correct as I can use net share to share other folders fine Any ideas Btw -firewall is turned off -using net view does not show any extra share that shouldn't be there -I have tried using different names for the share beside just the drive letter -sharing folders within the drive work fine just not the fill drive itself -I need to share the full drive because I'm mapping it on other computer to use a program which needs to retain the full integrity of the path ie if it's f foobar one computer it has to be f foobar on the other -EDIT I tried net share f F notice different slash and got System error incorrect function thanks

A:Incorrect Function - Sharing

Is your name showing up as the Admin with full control under the Security tab of this drive?

If not you may need to take ownership of the drive.

You also need to turn on the Windows firewall or nothing will work right.

If you need to give Everyone in your LAN access to this drive then you need to go into the Security tab>Edit button>Add button>type Everyone into the empty box and apply, ok.

You would also need to share the drive using the Advanced sharing button under the Sharing tab.

The greyed out share button is typical, nothing new there at all, mine is the same way. Just use the advanced sharing button to share that drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268813-incorrect-function-sharing.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there,

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section, feel free to point me to the proper place if needs be.

I just put my 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Card into my laptop and nearly had a heart attack. When I go into the folder, none of my photos/videos are visible. The strange thing is, Windows tells me there is 13.4 GB free of 29.7 GB. I took some pics just there to see if it still functions and it does, I can see the 4 pics I just took. But what has happened to my other data? Here is a screenshot of some odd looking files that now show up on the card, if anybody could assist I would be really grateful:

Thank you,
Paul

A:Data Recovery from 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Card

Download this Data Recovery software and run it on the removable drive. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 10.5 It should find the missing data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398514-data-recovery-32gb-sandisk-extreme-pro-sd-card.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hi. im trying to install windows XP and after it restarts and gives me the Windows XP startup screen, it tells me something about an incorrect function and ASMS and setup quits. how do I fix this? thanx

A:windows XP install--incorrect function

Please if u resolved this issue send me a private msg... I have the same problem and I can't get the computer to install windows XP... Thnx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-install-incorrect-function.53074/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm in the process of installing sims 3 but I keep getting a pop-up with a file name and incorrect function underneath.

What does this mean because the progress bar is still moving along after I press retry

A:Incorrect Function In Sims 3 Instillation

Is this a legal copy of the sims 3? i have just installed this on my machine (yesterday)..

What file is it that it says is missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incorrect-function-in-sims-3-instillation.845112/
Relevancy 60.2%

On my computer I have two Cd drives one is a Cd-Rom E the other a Cd-Rw Drive Ever since I installed the Cd-Rw D I have had problems with my Cd-rom Sometimes I will Drive Cd Incorrect Function Error -- be able to put a Cd in the Cd-rom E and go to My Computer and click on the drive and it will open and I will be able Cd Drive -- Incorrect Function Error to read the contents Except most of the time when I double Cd Drive -- Incorrect Function Error click on the drive it says quot E is not accessible Incorrect Function quot Even when I have no cd in either drive I can click on the D drive my Cd-rw and it will just open the drive and show an empty folder since I have no cd in it but if I try the same thing with my Cd-rom E it give me the quot Incorrect Function quot Error This just gets a little annoying when I try to burn from one cd to another Again it only gives me this error sometimes Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Looking for some help on this one. I keep getting the message D:/ not accessable incorrect function. The drive will read dvd's with data stored on them. It will work with a Tax cut CD Program. It Reads the recovery disk. It wont read any of my mp3 cds that i made. It won't read any of my program backup cds and it wont read any music cd's . I tried removing the cd from the system and rebooting so it would find it again Tried a new driver from Toshiba still the same. Just doesn't figure? Any help would be appreciated.
Itsa Toshiba Laptop and a Mashita UJ-811 CD -RW RAM DVD drive.
It's been working ok up to now.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-not-accessable-incorrect-function.354699/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have been trying to install Win XP on XP Incorrect -- a Win clunker Function Installing (SP2) Home Edition Service Pack on my old puter It s really slow and old - like years old I am planning on fixing it up I tried to install XP and after it copied the files which took forever it went on to the install step Every time it gets stuck on a quot fatal quot error that says quot Incorrect Function quot Then I can look at some kind of log with a bunch of files and words I never heard of After I click ok it restarts and does the same thing over and over until I turn it off I tried to take out the CD and it starts loading then says I am missing files It seems like there is nothing I can do I contacted Microsoft and they won t help me unless I give them dollars I m a year old kid and I don t really have much money Any help would be appreciated very much nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Just installed a fresh copy of windows xp pro sp2. I have 2 of the exact dvd bunners. Everytime i try to copy stuff off of a cd from either of the drives it says incorrect function drive not accessible. I've read where roxio/nero causes those problesm like that...i've also heard that norton and other things like that cause problems too - i have none of that. I've see where people say to right click the drive, then click the recording tab and check allow cd/dvd burning - i have no recording tab, any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:D:/Drive not accesible incorrect function

I had this same problem, here is what I had to do to solve it:

1) To get the PC to recognize that it was a burner I followed this advise:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dai

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q316529

2) Then I followed eneles advise:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eneles

Sounds more like a driver/Windows error.

Try removing the upper and lower filters.
How to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Apparently, this clears out any junk filters that were loaded from program installations

3) Then the pc was recognizing the burner, but did not like blank DVD's, so I found this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dai

check for a firmware update for the drive
try burning iso with this
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-.../ImgBurn.shtml

Now I can burn again. I am not sure what exactly fixed it, but this morning it did not work, now it does. Happy day!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/d-drive-not-accesible-incorrect-function-266099.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys, and here's the deal: When trying to take a snapshot with my camera (BisonCam) I get an old photo (always the same) stored instead. I also noticed that when I set up the storing file I only have the Microsoft .avi option for the file extention.(Shouldn't I also have a .jpn, .jpeg or some similar option?) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but it's all the same.....Finally is there another software I could use with my camera instead?
Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buit-in-webcam-incorrect-function.1071861/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to deploy Internet Explorer 11 (32-bits), for several workstations (Win 7, 32bits).
Installing all the prerequisite by clicking it won't do, as it will just return errors.
While installing IE11.exe installer won't complete.
So I made all the prerequisite and IE11.exe to cab files.
Then inject all the necessary updates with command:
dism /online /add-package /packagepath:\\serverpath\AllTheCabFiles.cab /quiet /norestart

This trick is successful with Win 7, 64 bits, but not 32 bits.

It will show Error: 1, incorrect function.

In fact, just running a harmless DISM command like dism /cleanup-wim /quiet will evoke the same error.

I've tried sfc /scannow and checkdsk with no error, but I'm running out of options.
I'm trying to run the cabfiles through Pkgmgr, but it has been deprecated.
I've ran through all the windows update, but it's missing the important update necessary for IE11.
Any insight to this?
Cheers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aeaa0364-2bc9-4b62-899e-abd092024de2/dism-error-1-incorrect-function?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 60.2%

I am having a problem with my WINDOWS XP burning software. When I install a blank cd-rw or any blank cd-recordable, I get a d: drive inaccessible, incorrect function. I tried to drag and drop a file into the drive and it still says the same message. I went into the drives properties and found that the recording icon is missing from the top of the window right by the sharing icon. without that icon, I can't check to see if the recording box is checked.
I only have nero on my computer (burn program). Can anyone help my fix this problem?
I also have I Tunes and window mediaplayer. I have used nero and a dvdburning program that I have, they all work normally. I checked on one of my other computers, and It had the recording program icon, and it is Window XP home additon just like my Emachines.
HELP!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-drive-inaccessible-incorrect-function.626380/
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve searched around these forums for awhile but can t find a direct answer to my problem I m a newbie to this forum so please understand if I m posting in the wrong forum etc Thanks I get the above error code in either my DVD drive E or my external CD drive F It s driving me bonkers I use Roxio Media Creator drag to disc a lot or at least I used to Previously I could drag or send any picture or music file to either drive When I go to properties and click enable recording and apply I still get the same message Then I return to properties and the boxes are unchecked I ve reinstalled Roxio a few times but the problem continues I m using the same media Verbatim CD-R I ve been using for years At one point I installed Nero then uninstalled it I hate my other Incorrect problems and F:\is not function accessable. Error: Roxio software it s a pain to use but it gets the job done The Roxio website is pretty useless Error: F:\is not accessable. Incorrect function and other problems I have a HP a n PC with Windows XP SP gig of memory and a g hard drive I m pretty ignorant of computers too Don t savvy a lot of technical terms I just use my pc for Error: F:\is not accessable. Incorrect function and other problems photos and editing music recorded files and to surf and email Anyway I appreciate any suggestions you may have for my problem Thanks Rick in Florida nbsp

A:Error: F:\is not accessable. Incorrect function and other problems

Usually means the CD disc itself is either:
used and closed (ie you can't write to it any more)
not formatted (rewritables require you to format then burn)
not the right format (the writer doesn't support this disc)

Download and run this http://www.dvdinfopro.com/
and confirm what your writer can write

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-f-is-not-accessable-incorrect-function-and-other-problems.97393/
Relevancy 59.34%

OK, at first I thought it was a Norton 360 problem so I deleted Norton 360. The Windows firewall is no longer being controlled by it.

Windows firewall is turned off, it's a public location, printer and file sharing is turned on, discovery is on, I reloaded the default settings for the firewall, the owner is administrator which my login is set for. Didn't matter if the Windows firewall was turned on or off, I still got the error message above.

I used to have D shared but took it off. Now when I try to create the share I get the error message above.

I have another Win 7 Pro computer with the same settings as above and I can share everything just fine.

Any ideas on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

A:An error occurred while trying to share D. Incorrect function.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem? I really need to share this drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/309778-error-occurred-while-trying-share-d-incorrect-function.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have never seen this error before, in fact I don't know what
incorrect function refers to. Hope someone can tell me how
to change this. I'm dual booting win XP home and Linux (on
separate partitions). I know that the drives are ok because
they work just fine in Linux. I was on vacation for six weeks,
and the drives worked ok in win XP, but not since I came home. The drives (2) show up in My Computer, but won't
let me use them. System Restore does not go back far
enough to correct this. I have uninstalled the drives and
reinstalled them, but still get the same error message.
"Access denied - incorrect function". Does anyone have any
ideas? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-dvd-cd-on-win-xp-home-access-denied-incorrect-function.245583/
Relevancy 59.34%

I've checked the MS knowledge base but didn't really find a resolution to this error message.

When I try to use any of my restore points I get the error 0x80070001 incorrect function.

Any help with this?

A:restore error 0x80070001 incorrect function

Have you looked at this? Windows backup or restore errors 0x80070001, 0x81000037, or 0x80070003

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/161501-restore-error-0x80070001-incorrect-function.html
Relevancy 58.91%

The youngest boy is having the above error trying to run his Baldur's GateII disc. We've uninstalled every BG file we can find and tried to re-install. No-Go
Any suggestions?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-installshield-engine-ikernel-exe-could-not-be-installed-incorrect-function.277061/