Windows Support Forum

A program that shows Manufacture date?

Q: A program that shows Manufacture date?

One of my hard drives just failed after years of reliable service. A lot of valuable information was lost.

To avoid this in the future, it would be helpful to know just how old a drive is to know when it's time to be replaced.

Is there a program that can tell me when I drive was manufactured?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: A program that shows Manufacture date?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: A program that shows Manufacture date?

Drive age doesn't really have much to do with 'drive failures'. Time in service increases the risk, but it's not a defining factor either.

The HDD should have a sticker on it showing date of manufacture. I don't know of a program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-program-that-shows-manufacture-date.204415/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a harddrive that was given to me without any software installed. How can I find the manufacture date of that harddive...it's not listed anywhere on the outside.

A:Manufacture date

If there is no information on the HD (which there should be) you might be able to install it as a slave and use a program like Sandra to gain some info on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/manufacture-date.379945/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all.

I have a PC I would like to know the date when it was made, i forgot the command which could give me the date, i would appreciate if some one could give me the command.

Regards

Relevancy 74.82%

I hope I'm in the right forum. I am looking at a used IBM A31 Thinkpad laptop w/Win XP Pro. How can I tell how old it is?

A:How do I find Date of Manufacture?

The serial/model number and the website of the manufacturer would be a place to start looking. In this case IBM.com?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-find-date-of-manufacture.331565/
Relevancy 74.82%

Do not understand how to get date of manufacture from serial# .. [Personal Information Removed].  I checked the forum.  Still quite confused.  Product # is: XU100UT  model is 8460w   I did discover it has expired warranty as of 2014..   thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Date of manufacture estimate help

Hi: Looking at the serial number, your notebook was made in 2011 in the 42nd week of the calendar year as shown in the 142 of the serial number. The 1 is the last digit of the year (2011) and the 42 is the week of manufacture.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Date-of-manufacture-estimate-help/td-p/5594691
Relevancy 73.96%

how to tell date of manufacture of 1q524 NC701AA-ABA from serial number or how to look up?when were they first introduced? 

A:how to tell date of manufacture from serial number or how to...

dlkegarise See here for the release date. For the serial number the typical format is to have the 4th, 5th, and 6th characters to reference when the product was built.  The first character is the year date (Y) and the next two (WW), the week in that year it was made. CCSYWWZZZZ   Hope this helps you and anwsers your questions.  Regards.

I work for HP. When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-tell-date-of-manufacture-from-serial-number-or-how-to/td-p/668329
Relevancy 73.96%

Is there a website that lists the manufacture/release date of various brandname video cards ?

I want to know which video card is "newer" than the others and in what order (date wise) were the cards released. In this manner I can learn what model has the latest technology vs a previous model.

Surfing eBay and trying to decide which card is newer than the others is impossible and reviewing the ATI and NVidia websites doesn't help either (unless I've overlooked one of their webpages that provides the info I am seeking).

Can anyone help ?

Thanks !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-manufacture-date.668416/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, i bought my acer laptop with windows 7 and recently upgraded it to windows 10. I want to enhance and optimize the system by formatting it.

If i do the factory reset from the acer eRecovery Management, will it downgrade the system to windows 7 with all the acer-factory-programs or will it keep windows 10 with all the factory programs?

It's crucial not to miss these programs cause i can't find and download all of them via acer's site. It doesnt include programs for old-supported laptops (like mines).
PS acer aspire 5750g

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/62329-factory-reset-changed-os-via-manufactures-program.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, i bought my acer laptop with windows 7 and recently upgraded it to windows 10. I want to enhance and optimize the system by formatting it.

If i do the factory reset from the acer eRecovery Management, will it downgrade the system to windows 7 with all the acer-factory-programs or will it keep windows 10 with all the factory programs?

It's crucial not to miss these programs cause i can't find and download all of them via acer's site. It doesnt include programs for old-supported laptops (like mines).
PS acer aspire 5750g

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62329-factory-reset-changed-os-via-manufactures-program.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I have been searching on how to correct this error. When I open Windows 7 Backup Program, I'm getting the "Next backup date shows as 12/30/1899 12:00 AM"?

I have been changing it to eveyday at 6 p.m. and run the backup.

After a reboot it changes back to "Next backup date shows as 12/30/1899 12:00 AM"?

This has just started sometime in the last month.

I have seen this question posted in Microsoft's Forum but can not find the fix. The last answer to this common error is use a different backup software. I'd prefer to stick with Windows backup.

Does anyone know if this bug has ever been squashed?

Thank You!

A:Next backup date shows as 12/30/1899 12:00 AM

Hello Rockit,

Double check to make sure that your time and date, time zone, and BIOS CMOS date is set properly.

Also, check in Task Scheduler (taskschd.msc) as below, to see what the AutomaticBackup task's "Trigger" date is set as, and change if needed.Task Scheduler Library\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsBackup

In addition, you could see if resetting Windows Backup to default, then set up a new backup to hopefully sort this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/266968-next-backup-date-shows-12-30-1899-12-00-am.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Outlook calendar shows in correct date after day light savings in Lumia 650,it stills shows Sunday Nov 6 but when I clicked app it shows correct date .Pls advice

A:Outlook calendar shows in correct date

I would suggest creating an event for today on your Outlook calendar on your PC and then open your email and hit the sync button. That might work.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444604-outlook-calendar-shows-correct-date.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I flashed the BIOS to A04 some months ago and never paid much attetion to it. The flash said it was successful. But when I looked at System Properties, it gives the BIOS date as 10/21/2010; the BIOS was released 10/31/2011. Is this correct? It seems that date is older than BIOS A02.

A:Studio XPS 9100 BIOS A04 shows date of 10/21/2010

I only run a bios update to fix a specific issue. If you just went to A04 because it was newer, I wouldn't worry about the date thing. Now, if your correcting a specific issue, try reflashing A04. But understand, if the bios update fails, your motherboard is bricked.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19438711
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows calculator shows same result in "Difference (years, months, weeks, days)" for different From dates and same To date, but the total number
of days  below it is different for these three cases.

Test Case #1: From Date: 31-12-2015   To Date: 15-03-2016
Result: Difference: 2 months, 2 weeks, 1 day

Test Case #2: From Date: 30-12-2015   To Date: 15-03-2016

Test Case #3: From Date: 29-12-2015   To Date: 15-03-2016

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2fe62a6-9acb-4f99-8cd8-149fb1ab09a8/windows-calculator-shows-the-same-result-for-different-from-dates-and-same-to-date?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a program that runs on a XP platform on several computers There is one computer that has a weird problem The program shows the time and date of the computer which is the actual 1 Stamp 1 hour day XP Time/Date shows difference in and time and date The program can create bitmap images and text images When I click on the export button the program will save the BMP and TXT files to the Harddrive with a total different date time stamp The program wil export the BMP and TXT files with not only a filename but also a date time stamp the correct one It will be exactly one hour and one day earlier This is not correct because the computer has the current date and time but Windows labels the files with a wrong date time stamp If I open Windows Explorer I can see the files listed as filename BMP Bitmap Image KB No Time/Date Stamp in XP shows 1 day and 1 hour difference KB PM It will not impact the problem if I change the BIOS and Windows time Did anyone have this effect ever before and can it be a virus The problem is once in a while I will loose BMPs and I cannot find them anymore nbsp

A:Time/Date Stamp in XP shows 1 day and 1 hour difference

The problem is not the time difference itself.
The big question is, how is it possible that the program takes the time from Windows, displays it correctly in the program, saves the files with the correct time and date, but shows in Windows Epxlorer to be created on a total different moment ?
The exact same program is installed on many more computers and they don't have this problem.
I have replaced the program, Windows, HDD and the computer motherboard without success.
Could it be a virus causing this ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-date-stamp-in-xp-shows-1-day-and-1-hour-difference.854317/
Relevancy 53.75%

Sound generally works perfectly fine on my computer, I can watch movies, play games, etc....

Except, I recently installed the slingplayer desktop program. I do not hear any sound. However, the mixer is showing that it is generating audio. This works perfectly fine on a different computer.

This is a windows 7 sp1 x64 machine.

Thanks

A:Sounds works except for one program, but that program shows activity

Slingbox has a support and forum for their products. As everything else works, it looks like either a bad install or a configuration issue with that software.

Best place to start would be Slingbox.

Slingbox Support - Slingbox Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/283138-sounds-works-except-one-program-but-program-shows-activity.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I know how to change this but I'm just curious why a fresh and clean install of Windows 7 put the year to 2010 even though I selected my correct timezone during the setup.

A:Clean Install; Date & time shows wrong year

Sounds like the motherboard battery needs to be replaced

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/clean-install-date-and-time-shows-wrong-year-912066.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I have been having a problem with quot system restore quot the last few days as I had uninstalled NAV which created some problems which have since been fixed thanks to you guys Anyhow i have been looking to try to do System restore a prior dates... only current not shows date, a quot system restore quot as since this problem with the removal of NAV I have lost my internet connection System REstore had disappeared but i have since found it it only shows a current date date which is after my computer messed up so i don t expect that it will fix my internet System restore only shows a current date, not prior dates... connection problem I have wireless internet D-link and the computer that is messed up is the one without the router attached to it It shows a strong signal but no internet connection Any thoughts I guess i have issues in this thread Please let me know if you would like for me to split these up Thanks again for all your help so far nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Dell Inspiron 3512 Win8 x64bit
(Uninspiring laptop)

The things we do for love -- my daughters new laptop

I want to disable the splash screen (date + time) window -- permanently. (it only shows the date and time, nothing else)
A Dell bloat feature that hinders productivity. Dell support has not replied in 9 days, why am I not surprised?

When laptop wakes up from sleep (or boot/reboot) the pest splash screen (then login, again!) stops workflow.
ie, one key to close the splash screen THEN password to to login (and I only stopped to scratch my ear)

I have followed the instructions at Dell "How to disable the Dell splash screen" for "For Dell? Inspiron? 3500, 5000, 7500, and 7000 Systems
... "Quite Boot" option does not exist in the BIOSS? window.

How do I permanently disable the splash screen , it serves no usefull function other than more clicks to start work.

Would appreciate any help

A:Disable Dell splash screen (only shows time + date)

Originally Posted by bawldiggle

Dell Inspiron 3512 Win8 x64bit
(Uninspiring laptop)

The things we do for love -- my daughters new laptop

I want to disable the splash screen (date + time) window -- permanently. (it only shows the date and time, nothing else)
A Dell bloat feature that hinders productivity. Dell support has not replied in 9 days, why am I not surprised?

Depending on computer/laptop model that logo/splash might be hard or not possible to remove.
What splash screen can it be then... Art for art's sake...

Seems you've already posted this on DELL's site.

I'm guessing this splash screen s from Windows 8: date time included. Is not related to the BIOS.

This one is called lock screen, pretty useless because it's just for the looks, requires an extra key press... reduces productivity.
Forget this BIOS stuff below if this is the one bothering you.
To disable it:
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 8 Without Using Group Policy
In case of BIOS splash see below:
The site you linked looks weird here, just in case here's the info:

For Dell? Inspiron? 3700 and 3800 Systems.
There is no option in the BIOS to disable the splash screen. Pressing the <Esc> key will have No effect on the splash screen either.
For Dell? Inspiron? 3500, 5000, 7500, and 7000 Systems.
Pressing the <Esc> key will remove the Dell splash screen temporarily. To permanently disable the Dell splash screen:

After you power on the system, but before the operating system begins to load, press the <F2> key to enter the System Setup Program.
The System Setup Program screen appears. At the bottom of the screen will be instructions on how to navigate the menus.Use the <Arrow> keys to navigate to the Main screen.Change the Quiet Boot option to Disabled.

NOTE: When Quiet Boot is set to Disabled, it allows Power On Self Test (POST) messages and the summary screen to appear at system start-up. When Quiet Boot is set to Enabled (default), it prevents the diagnostic POST messages and summary screen from appearing at system start-up. If Quiet Boot is enabled, a boot device cannot be selected during start-up.Press the <F10> key and then the <Enter> key to save the changes and exit the program.
For Dell? Inspiron? 3200 and 3000 Systems.
There is no Dell splash screen that comes up on these systems; therefore, the diagnostics screen will display during boot.
For Dell? Latitude? LS Systems.

After you power on the system, but before the operating system begins to load, press the <F2> key to enter the System Setup Program.
The System Setup Program screen appears. At the bottom of the screen will be instructions on how to navigate the menus.Use the <Arrow> keys to navigate to the Main screen.Change the Quiet Boot option to Disabled.

NOTE: When Quiet Boot is set to Disabled, it allows Power On Self Test (POST) messages and the summary screen to appear at system start-up. When Quiet Boot is set to Enabled (default), it prevents the diagnostic POST messages and summary screen from appearing at system start-up. If Quiet Boot is enabled, a boot device cannot be selected during start-up.Press the <F10> key and then the <Enter> key to save the changes and exit the program.
For all other Dell? Latitude? Systems.
There is no option in the BIOS to disable the splash screen. Pressing the <Esc> key will have No effect on the splash screen either.
Disable the Dell? splash screen.

The method used to disable the Dell splash screen (the screen that displays the Dell logo prior to the operating system loading) will vary by system. Refer to the instructions for your specific system type below.

Not available in BIOS options means 2 things: not available at all or not available in factory BIOS because advanced options are hidden to protect it from the user (with great power comes great responsibility).
Laptop BIOSes have l... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/29894-disable-dell-splash-screen-only-shows-time-date.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, we use a program called HomeTech Advantage (it's an estimating software). We have everyone on a workgroup network using a router but don't use network software.

We'd like to set it up so everyone is using the same data & files for this program, so we don't have to copy an estimate file onto a jump drive to put it on another computer.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

A:We want everyone to use the same date for a program

The way its usually done is to have one computer set up as the host. then file sharing for the folder that will contain the files.
Example:

So on comp1, the folder is in C:\SomeFolder\EstimatesFolder
Set the EstimatesFolder as Shared and name it Estimates

On each of the other computers, go to map network drive and set a network drive like H: (if its used, do a higher letter) and link it to Estimates. You will probably need the computer name and a user/pass to access the computer so it would be something like this:

H: <-- Select this or another letter from the drop down list of letters
\\comp1\Estimates
(Check mark the remember user/pass)
enter username and pass

I dont know how the software works though, so if it allows you to just select a place to open/save to/from, then you just use H: for the location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90266-we-want-everyone-use-same-date-program.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Im looking for an alternative to rocket launcher Rocket Launcher | Download Rocket Launcher software for free at SourceForge.net

Its a software that lets you run multiple programs and certain date and time.

I dont like the windows scheduler.

Thanks for your help.

A:Run a program at a certain date and time

Um, why dont you like windows scheduler?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/93837-run-program-certain-date-time.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm a novice at programming attempting to create a batch program that will log the date & time that certain applications are started or stopped. My approach has been to try to write a batch program, (.bat) that will append the current date and time to a small text file before and after calling the Windows program. Darned if I can figure out what commands to use. The following is my most recent effort, which does not work of course.

echo %date %time >c:\gameslog.txt
c:\win98se\sol.exe
echo %date %time >c:\gameslog.txt

I've tried print and type in place of echo but none of them work. Am I in need of a rope and an UP sign or is there a simple way to achieve this?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello:

My husband and employer both sent me an email that shows the correct date in the email time line, but Outlook shows a recieve date of April 2008.

It doesn't happen on every email, just some. We've all checked our clock dates and their correct. Talked to my Internet Service Provider and they said it was an Outlook problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

A:Incoming email randomly shows incoming date 04/08

Hi helpcook, you dont mention what version of Outlook you are running but this link is the same for most versions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q197717/ Also check Windows control panel>date & time>time zone. Make sure all is correct.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271601/incoming-email-randomly-shows-incoming-date-0408/
Relevancy 47.73%

My computer has been running very slow lately. I called my internet provider and he said im uploading a tonne of data. I got the windows sidebar thing and it says im uploading between 150-500 kbps. I am using utorrent, but i set the limit to 25 kbps. My screen is also flicking black once in a while. My CPU usage will go to 100% for long periods of time which i dont get because supposedly my computer is decent, its got 320 gb hdd, and 3 gb ddr2 ( i dont know much about computers). Also my start tab thing is changing the programs on the list without me doing anything. I ran mcafee scan and it showed nothing. Please help me figure out which steps i need to take next to fix this.

A:Virus program shows nothing but i think im infected

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:55:15 PM, on 05/05/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18226)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePower_DMC.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDSLoader.exe
C:\Program Files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI Backup Now 5\BkupTray.exe
C:\Users\LAPTOP\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\LManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\ArcadeDeluxeAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\PlayMovie\PMVService.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eAudio\eAudio.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://en.ca.acer.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://en.ca.acer.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {27B4851A-3207-45A2-B947-BE8AFE6163AB} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mskapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: ShowBarObj Class - {83A2F9B1-01A2-4AA5-87D1-45B6B8505E96} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\ActiveToolBand.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Acer eDataSecurity Management - {5CBE3B7C-1E47-477e-A7DD-396DB0476E29} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\x86\eDStoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064}... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-program-shows-nothing-but-i-think-im-infected.824651/
Relevancy 47.73%

to elaborate, l remember someone linking me to a program which showed what space was used and where, reason l need to know is lve suddenly lost 7gb of space on my 60gb SSD and lve no clue where and what is using it.

lol l really need a bigger one but lm a bit skint at the moment.

A:program that shows space usage

This is a good one,

WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302287-program-shows-space-usage.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am looking for a program that will show where all files are being installed to when installing general programs. For exmple if i am installing a program and it creates a a new registry key or value i want to have a list of what or where it was installed to....Any feed back is appreciated..

A:I'm looking for a program that shows where a file is being installed to...

RegShot is worth a shot(hee,hee).

EDIT: It doesn`t mention XP in it`s platform support.

Another prog HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-looking-for-a-program-that-shows-where-a-file-is-being-installed-to.53698/
Relevancy 47.73%

My wife has her separate user account in Windows 10 and I have mine. She needed to download Jobulator for her work. It asked for my password since I am listed as administrator. While she was signed on her account via Windows 10, she downloaded Jobulator. Now, when I sign on to my account I see her program listed and sitting on my screen. It stays on top of other windows and in reality I don't need or require the program. If I delete if from my main Windows screen will it delete it from her use? Thanks for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloaded-program-shows-up-for-two-users.1154689/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone SevenForums has quite many categories and my issue probably could have been placed in another subforum as well Sorry if this wasn't the right one I'm experiencing a strange problem where on certain programs I can see whatever there is behind them I've mainly had this with Chrome it could also have happened with regular windows not sure of that kind of stuff that happens while you're working w o paying attention to special details at that time The behind content pops in in parts 'transparent' shows behind Kind them program-windows, of whatever - an icon on the desktop and it's barrier surrounding it part of a background programs For example I can sometimes see Foobar 's audio playback software current playing song's like or the visualizations running at the top - in the middle of an internet website Funny isn't it I cannot interact with those popping parts Kind of 'transparent' program-windows, shows whatever behind them though those 'behind' the active window Anyone experienced this problem as well I'd really like to hear suggestions as to how to solve it It's cool actually but could be quite bothersome when you're running something critical Thank you

A:Kind of 'transparent' program-windows, shows whatever behind them

See if there is any help for you here:

Turn Transparency Off
How to Turn Aero Peek On or Off in Windows 7
Make Aero Peek Display Instantly (or Disable it) in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192982-kind-transparent-program-windows-shows-whatever-behind-them.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Well basically i uninstalled quot Fable Lost Chapters quot because it was using up space on my drive So i uninstalled the but in uninstall/install shows program. still Uninstalled game half way through the uninstallation the PC lagged so i used task manager to close the uninstaller My first mistake was right there after when i tried to uninstall it it said i had finished but everything was clearly still there So i read around the forums and i used a force uninstaller which worked fine except the quot fable lost chapters quot icon was still Uninstalled but still shows in uninstall/install program. in the quot uninstall or change program quot windows with no stats ie how big it is last altered ect Game was gone but the value was still there So i fished around the regeditor hoping to find it but no luck there I have also tried using quot C CLeaner quot to delete the entry but it gives me this error message quot Cannot delete MSI installer quot no idea what that means Anyone know a solution Oh yeah anyone who helps will get rep Thank You Regards DAZZ

A:Uninstalled but still shows in uninstall/install program.

Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs. Often when something like this happens, you try to uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs, you get an error about it not being installed any longer, and the entry is gone!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278691-uninstalled-but-still-shows-uninstall-install-program.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The process started as normal but then it went to a red Screen with the following:

An error has been detected during image installation.

Image name : XPSP201H.GHO
Part name : WSA000AD.01
Destination : 1:1
WSE Path Q:\PARTS\WSE001AD.XX
Source drive: Q
Current folder :

Volume in drive Q is RECOVERYMED
Directory of Q:\PARTS\WSA000AD.01

File not found
0 bytes free

Press any key to continue....
When i press any key nothing actually happens, if i reboot pc it tells me to insert the correct disc, which i do and then we go back to where we started at the installation page.

Pc is a Packard Bell desktop.

What should i do, i have limited knowledge
Thanks in advance

A:used recovery program to return as per the factory but shows following

maybe the disc is scratched or is defective.

Can you browse the CD on another PC and see the WSA000AD.01 file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/used-recovery-program-to-return-as-per-the-factory-but-shows-following.861341/
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear friends,

I am terribly sorry for the dumb question, but could you please recommend me a program that shows - how much RAM my pc has; how much is its HDD;temperature;etc

Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Stefany

A:A program that shows computers' statistic/characteristics

stefany if you open the start menu and right click "computer" and select properties it will open a page and show you the information you want.
also clicking computer will open the window that shows you how much memory you have on your drives and how much you have used
although it wont show temps,

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/185911-program-shows-computers-statistic-characteristics.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I ve been using an OCR program Abbyy FineReader Sprint Plus for scanning and pdf ing old files for months with no problems But now when I try to run it I get the opening banner then nothing Windows task manager shows the program under processes but not under applications MY OS is XP home which is completely up to date Everything was working fine until a couple of active Not an but as Process Visiible shows Program days ago I don t think I ve changed any settings I think there were some recent automatic microsoft updates but I can t Program Not Visiible but shows as an active Process recall whether those were just before or just after this problem arose Any suggestions very much appreciated Below is a list of what I ve tried so far Tom Original problem When I ran the program I got this error message quot Internal Program Error C FineReader StartUp Batch BatchDoc cpp quot It gave me two options OK and Cancel If I clicked on OK nothing happened Program didn t load If I clicked on cancel I got a runtime error quot This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information Contacted Abbyy technical support and they recommended uninstalling and then re-installing from an url they gave me Did that It got rid of the error message but the program still doesn t run Tried running the program with virus checking software turned off No difference Spent all day yesterday running and updating various virus checkers to see if that might be the problem Avast SuperAntiSpyware Ad-Aware Malwarebytes Anti-malware Only minor things emerged and were corrected Uninstalled and reinstalled the Abbyy software several times It s part of a suite of software I got with my Epson scanner So I uninstalled all of that and reinstalled from the original disk No difference Went through the Task Manger to id unnecessary programs that were running and removed those No change At this point Abbyy technical support says it s the virus checking software and to deal with their technical support Contacted Avast who replied promptly and with disbelief that Avast was causing any problems Suggested uninstalling all of their software reinstalling Abbyy and seeing if it made any difference Will do that next but am equally dubious it has anything to do with Avast

A:Program Not Visiible but shows as an active Process

Have you tried to go the the "Processes" tab of Task Manager, find the process that is the program you are trying to kill, then End the Process?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/355559/program-not-visiible-but-shows-as-an-active-process/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a 1999 version of turbocadv6 [I'm the registered user]
I need to use it on my lap top, unfortunatly the original disc burned to the ground along w/my office.
any suggestions of how to get it off my winxp hpa710e to my gaterway laptop.
When I look @ the programs on the c drive I only see the installation files.
I would be happy to use it across my LAN. I like to sit on my back porch & work!
IMSEturbocad, won't support such an old version, they'd prefer I buy v14.

Suggestions?

Relevancy 47.3%

hi -stopping back in to see if anyone can help me with this problem.i am using xp media center and watch alot of tv on my computer.i had to recover my hard drive early last year and since that time ihavn't been able to load program guide data.i can still watch tv - but can't record things.it tells me to check my internet connection - and there is no problem there.any ideas ??thanks !

A:MEDIA CENTER PROGRAM GUIDE DATE WON'T LOAN

Did you reinstall capturing program?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288448/media-center-program-guide-date-wont-loan/
Relevancy 46.87%

So our computer has been acting all odd since we bought it. We had bought the same computer a week before this one, but ended up returning it because it wouldn't turn on. Now, I dont know if its just me or the computer but sometimes when you turn it on, the screen has to be turned off and then turned on again, because it'll just show a black screen if you don't. What I'm asking is that whether this is a computer problem that came from the factory from which the computer was processed, or if it's a problem that i made happen by accidently damaging my computer during the setup.

If its a problem that was already there, and cant be fixed, should i return it?

A:Manufacture Error?

If it's a new system I wouldn't think twice. Send it back and have it replaced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402168/manufacture-error/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I recently restored my computer to the origianl manufacture settings and found I lost my wildtangent games I have already purchased. How can I replace them? I tried downloading and than I entered my unlock code but It wouldn't accept this. Is there anything I can do?

A:Restored to manufacture

When you restore something to the original manufacture settings, you're basically deleting everything on your computer, and starting over again. If you're sure that your unlock codes aren't right, then try contacting Wildtangent, or wherever you downloaded the games from, and explain your situation to them, you're going to end up needing a new unlock code, and that's something we can't give you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restored-to-manufacture.249577/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys i have a question about my gateway gm5260 media center pc with xp and was wondering about getting my updates from here http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=1009212

theres only 2 i can get that support xp/all os's and i got the bios update and it installed succesfully,but the question is should i download the other xp update because it says 9/1/2006 but i got my pc 11/1/2006 so doe my pc already have this update?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I m a newbie here I posted a different problem earlier today and noticed a new one when I ran the TSG System Info utility It shows I have PC Cleaner Pro as my antivirus program Here is what it says Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled I use AVG not PC Cleaner Pro It is Shows Antivirus System Wrong Program Info an on-demand scanner and I thought it was enabled I searched my hard drive for PC Cleaner Pro and it doesn t show up It isn t listed in my programs either so I cannot uninstall it Is there any way I can get rid of it Why isn t my AVG information showing instead Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp Y Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

A:System Info Shows Wrong Antivirus Program

We'll address this in your other thread so I'll close this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-info-shows-wrong-antivirus-program.1120675/
Relevancy 46.87%

I installed virtual XP on Win 10 Pro. When trying to open it in Hyper-V Manager it fails to connect even though it shows in the manager small box that it loaded XP and was ready for use. According to SystemInfo my AMD-Gigbyte computer supports all the requirements for Hyper-V. Tried restarting or creating another virtual but no success. Same error of timed out and failing to connect shows up. I seems to hang up loading the virtual program even though in the Manager it shows loaded and ready to us. Tried several things to no success. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/60763-virtual-program-not-connecting-but-shows-hyper-v-manager.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I was viewing a recently closed thread and was interested in a similar task I would like to test the ability for my program to not be manipulated by any sort of time scripts created but first need assistance in creating a simple script that would set the system time to a STATIC time or maybe - minutes or even a loop that sets the time I have write a starting script How time a program to before change and 2 date to the script that syncs the system time to a time server but wanted to see if anyone would provide a sample script that may possibly How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program 2 still be able to change the time in this app Here s a good How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program 2 example User logs in clicks a button which timestamps and saves this time to our database This timestamp is in reference to a phone call and we want to be exact or very close to recording the time of the call What I DON T want is for someone to run a script that resets the time or manipulates it that s what I m looking to test Though if I can prove it can be reset we will rewrite this module Please help me with any sample scripts I could run maybe a bat loop file that repeatedly resets the time etc I d REALLY appreciate all examples and thank you in advance TestGuy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-write-a-script-to-change-date-and-time-before-starting-a-program-2.1018709/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am experiencing June Date: Install 21 Msmsgs Sat 2042 Program Virus numerous system level issues Initially problems leads to The Date Time stamp Msmsgs Virus Program Install Date: Sat June 21 2042 change on the computer Monday June as evidenced in an email date stamp noting sent On Mon Jun Ran a system check and located low-range threat Trojan virus eliminated it Reset the clock but the computer has limped along ever since with progressively more function issues Slow processing Windows Explorer error messages Computer Freeze Broken links Missing DLLs The scanner is out reinstall ineffective Installing an Upgraded HP scanner did not help the system does not recognize the scanner Printer functioning Photoshop is partially functioning but not enough to test Graphic pad I located a spooky program formerly located in window tools directory programs installed as MSMSGS Sat June Following virus elimination it has now quot shape shifted quot into Audio Deck Sat June No doubt this bizarre year is evidence of why this strain is so deviant popping-up again voila safely embedded in the future I have tried everything recommended on the internet to no avail I uninstalled Firefox and am now accessing the internet through AT amp T Yahoo without valued favorites or important files Updated java to jre- u -windows-i -p-iftwRan ATF-CleanerSUPERAntiSpywareHijackThisSmitfraudFixAVG SpyBotHouseCallAd-Aware SE Personala-squared Security Center this is one slippery virus I have run out of ideas and considering a reinstall of Windows XP Msmsgs Virus Program Install Date: Sat June 21 2042 as a last resort Please advise Thanks so much any help certainly would be welcome before I start running crazy down the middle of the street TateLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system VTtrayp exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS system hphmon exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeF program files qttask exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exeC PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exeF Program Files a-squared Anti-Malware a guard exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeF Program Files a-squared Anti-Malware a service exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrowser exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrowser exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpHost exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com... Read more

A:Msmsgs Virus Program Install Date: Sat June 21 2042

Hello kctate, I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan. Disable your antivirus program and go here to run BitDefender Online Scan. Click on I Agree. Avoid clicking on other links as you don't need to try out the full install at this point, just the online scanner.When the ActiveX Control has loaded, click on "Click here to scan". Please be patient, as this scan may take a few hours. It all depends on the number of files on your computer. NOTE: If you are running XP SP2, you may need to click on the Information Bar to allow the ActiveX to install and may need to repeat the BitDefender Online Scan.When BitDefender completes the scan, select the "Detected Problems" tab. Click on "Click here to export scan". Save the file as an HTML to your Desktop. Then click on the saved file and allow it to open with your browser. Go to Edit - Select All then copy/paste that log back here. Post the BitDefender log.******************Download and install AVG Anti-Spyware v7.5.After download, double click on the file to launch the install process. Choose a language, click "OK" and then click "Next".Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree".Accept default installation path: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, click "Next", then click "Install".After setup completes, click "Finish" to start the program automatically or launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.Connect to the Internet, go back to AVG Anti-Spyware, select the "Update" button and click "Start update". Wait until you see the "Update successful" message. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the AVG Anti-Spyware Full database installer from here. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". (Note: When run in safe mode, sometimes the GUI is larger than the screen and the buttons at the bottom are partly or completely hidden, making them unaccessible for doing a scan. If this is the case, press the WINKEY + M key to "Minimize" the AVG display. Then right-click on AVG in the Task Bar and select "Maximize". If that does not help, then you may have to run your scan in normal mode and advise your helper afterwards.)Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:Click on the "Scanner" button and choose the "Settings" tab.Under "How to act?", click on "Recommended actions" and choose "Quarantine" to set default action for detected malware.Under "How to Scan?", "Possibly unwanted software", and What to Scan?" leave all the default settings.Under "Reports" select "Do not automatically generate reports" and UNcheck "Only if threats were found".Click the "Scan" tab to return to scanning options.Click "Complete System Scan" to start.When the scan has finished, it should automatically be set to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there.You will also be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions" to place the files in Quarantine.IMPORTANT! Do not save the report before you have clicked the Apply all actions button. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button.Click on "... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100167/msmsgs-virus-program-install-date-sat-june-21-2042/
Relevancy 46.87%

Several times Is That My Out-Of-Date? Center Why Windows Security Antivirus Program Report Does tonight I ve gotten the following message from Windows Security Center Virus Protectiion Out Of Date Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security reports that it might be out of date Click Recommendations for suggested actions you can take Yet when I click on my PC-cillin Internet Security icon I get a message informing me that my antivirus settings meet recommended levels so I figure I should Why Does Windows Security Center Report That My Antivirus Program Is Out-Of-Date? be protected However whenever I click on PC-cillin s Update Components I get this message Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security An error occurred while connecting to the Internet Please make sure your Internet connection is properly functioning and try again It Why Does Windows Security Center Report That My Antivirus Program Is Out-Of-Date? doesn t make sense to me that I should be getting these error messages I have more than a year left on my PC-cillin subscription so it definitely should not be out-of-date Also I am already online and able to check e-mail and surf when I get the message telling me that an error occurred while connecting to the Internet and that I should make sure my Internet connection is properly functioning I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who is able to tell my why I am suddenly getting these inappropriate error messages Thank you very much nbsp

A:Why Does Windows Security Center Report That My Antivirus Program Is Out-Of-Date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-windows-security-center-report-that-my-antivirus-program-is-out-of-date.598513/
Relevancy 46.44%

One of my friend have following pc
Core i5 processor with Gigabyte z68-Ap-d3 rev.1 borad with 8gb ram, 1tb hd
Someone was installing Windows7 64bit on that pc.... when during installation one dialogue box appeared to select mother board manufacture and he select gigabyte.... this option confusing me....
I want to know in version of windows this option comes..
I have installed windows 7 64bit and 32bit many times on different-different pcs...
but I have never see this option.. please reply...

A:Select Motherboard Manufacture

I have only installed Windows 7 Home Premium and Professional and I have never seen such a question when doing so.

Did you see this selection or were you told by someone they seen it?
I have never even head of someone seeing such a thing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/331753-select-motherboard-manufacture.html
Relevancy 46.44%
A:is XP598A same with XP598 on different manufacture for the c...

Hi there @Johnknow, May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are looking for information on two power adapters.   I am happy to help with this. It is likely just a revision number. A long as both adapters have the same input voltages, and the same output voltage and current, and the same type of power connector they are functionally identical.  It could be a regionalization issue where one comes with a different type of plug, such as the North American version, versus the UK version, or European version, etc. Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/is-XP598A-same-with-XP598-on-different-manufacture-for-the/td-p/5762013
Relevancy 46.44%

. Hello, I am struggling to find information of motherboard manufacturer of my Pc, May you help me please with information i can use to find motherboard manufacturer.    Thanks Chifundo

A:Motherboard manufacture identfication

Hi, Not like desktops, laptops use different motherboards. We need to konw what is your laptop to be able to find its part number for you. Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Motherboard-manufacture-identfication/td-p/5803108
Relevancy 46.01%

Back when did a lot of web development I had a piece software that could be used to retrieve web pages (or any web resource) and it would show in detail the HTTP requests, HTTP status codes returned, headers, cookies, all of the raw data of an HTTP exchange. All nicely color coded.

Can't for the life of me remember what the program was.

Any ideas?

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-program-that-shows-http-dialog-headers-data.1907771/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys,
I'm a total newb to scripting, so I wanted to know if it is possible to write a .bat file that does the following:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Change system time to 3 o'clock
Change system date to 11 March 2011
Run program at J:\Softwares\Folder Z\Z.exe
__________________________________________________________________________________________
So, can you please help?
Thanks in advance,
Rajas

A:Solved: How to write a script to change date and time before starting a program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-write-a-script-to-change-date-and-time-before-starting-a-program.985824/
Relevancy 46.01%

I need to find out the manufactures name for my video card so I can ask for a update to be able to play a game on my pc. I don't know how or where to find it. Kirny1

Relevancy 46.01%

In september of this year,2003,my computer was manufactured. I went to the manufactor's web site and was able to find an update page(link below)

How do i know if my computer needs to download anything on the page?

thanks

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/any/na...osoft Windows XP&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

Relevancy 46.01%

Bought a computer got home 2 days later ordered upgrade disk 1 week later system crashed took it back to the store they had it 2 weeks said they couldnt repair it told me to pick a new computer i told them i ordered the win7 upgrade disk about amonth ago and i should be getting it soon and asked should i bring it in or mail it back they said sell it or use it its yours since you bought the computer even though you brought it back. Also they said it was a regular upgrade disk and would work on any computer. Is this legal or ilegal since its a diff computer? Thanks......

It was provided free through the upgrade program. The disk has the OEM name on the upgrade disk. The replacement was a another manufacture not the same as the one i took back

A:Legal to use OEM UPGRADE disk on another manufacture pc

Did you pay for this upgrade disc, or was it provided for free from the computer manufacturer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41974-legal-use-oem-upgrade-disk-another-manufacture-pc.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was just wondering has anyone know if this is true? That XFX will be stopping production of its ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card range?

Because i bought one back in November last year and it screwed up a few days after i got it (i believe due to the fact i didn't have a big enough power supply), and sent it back to the place i bought it first week for January for warranty replacement. i called them up after 3 weeks (like 20th Jan) and they said that it could be 2-6 weeks before the supplier would be getting it back in stock. Then today i go a call from the place i bought it from saying that the card was no longer getting manufactured.

So is this true? because it seems quite strange that it is already stopping production after only coming out in October/November.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xfx-stopping-manufacture-of-radeon-5770.899875/
Relevancy 46.01%

I cannot change my audio driver, playback or recording, to any of my third party drivers. As you can see in the screenshot I have included, the green level bar doesn't show up, and the, "set as default," button is greyed out. Nothing I have searched on the internet has helped so far, and I've almost given up. I also have dxdiag and msinfo32 files made if you need it.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5609 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6620G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 584112 MB, Free - 125567 MB; D: Total - 22102 MB, Free - 2059 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1103 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1805
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 46.01%

I CANT SEEM TO FORMAT HARD DRIVE IN E RECOVERY HOW CAN I FORMAT IT BACK TO MANUFACTURE RESET ASPIRE 5536

A:Manufacture reset aspire 5536

Can you boot to Windows? I found this:http://forums.techguy.org/windows-v...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/manufacture-reset-aspire-5536/13544.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So whats the difference between installing a stock driver over a modified manufacture one cause my video driver is alittle outdated and i check on the website that a new one was release so should i uninstall that one and install the new one or just leave it as it be

A:Stock driver vs modified manufacture one

thats funny i was just wondering about that for my soundcard. I have the newest Realtek soundcard driver but i went to my motherboard manufacturer site and they have one listed there also, both versions are around the same date but my MB manuf version is 105mb and Realtek's version is only 48 mb. I wonder what is in the extra 50 mb

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/220518-stock-driver-vs-modified-manufacture-one.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I'm having an issue with my PC in which the PC runs extremely slow I was going over all running programs in task manager and noticed that iexplore exe was running even when I had internet explorer closed This also took about of my CPU So my original thought was that I had an issue with Viruses and Malware I tried shutting down the iexplore exe and it wont close out I have provided all that was asked so if anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by will at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running is is when Task Manager even running slow! iexplore.exe closed, really shows program PC Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W Task Manager shows iexplore.exe running even when program is closed, PC is really slow! X HPZipm exe C Program Task Manager shows iexplore.exe running even when program is closed, PC is really slow! Files Common Files Artisoft TeleVantage TvWksSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google Task Manager shows iexplore.exe running even when program is closed, PC is really slow! GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k TapiSrv C Program Files Microsoft Office k OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office k Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings will Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp qben uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files msn messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun vptray c progra symant symant vptray exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup reminder lnk - nt userdata home everyone checkin Chklogin exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup winzip lnk - c program files winzip WZQKPICK EXE IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsg... Read more

A:Task Manager shows iexplore.exe running even when program is closed, PC is really slow!

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you.Download and Run OTListItPlease download OTListIt by OldTimer to your desktop.Open OTListIt by double clicking its icon. If you are using Windows Vista, right click OTListIt2.exe and select Run As Administrator.Click Run Scan without changing any settings. When the scan is complete, a logfile will open.Copy the contents of the log into your next reply. It will be saved as OTListIt.txt where OTListIt.exe is located.Download and Run Scan with GMERWe will use GMER to scan for rootkits.Please download GMER.zip to your desktop from any of the links below:LINK1, LINK2Right click on GMER.zip and select "Extract All".Close all other open programs as there is a slight chance your computer will crash.Double click GMER.exe. If you are using Windows Vista, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". Your security programs may detect GMER's driver trying to load. Allow it.You may see a warning saying "GMER has detected rootkit activity". If so, select NO.Leaving the settings at default, click Scan.When the scan is complete, click Save and save the log onto your desktop.Please include the log in your next reply.Please tell me what changes have been made to the computer since your topic was started. Also give me an update on any symptoms.With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206721/task-manager-shows-iexploreexe-running-even-when-program-is-closed-pc-is-really-slow/
Relevancy 45.58%

FONT amp quot HI there PRECEDING PROBLEMS MAYBE USEFUL MAYBE NOT For the last month I folder Manager Program running XP Task as shows application Files an ve had a bewildering laundry list of problems with my computer Firefox started using superhigh CPU to open and load pages Then Thunderbird and Avast began to do the same when connecting to the internet for download FONT amp quot s updates FONT Then my printer ditto When printing I can t do anything else It s Brother MFC an ancient workhorse that s never given me a day s trouble Then my mouse went on the fritz swapped out to another mouse and got the same problem---the pointer freezes and restarts intermittently then freezes altogether I can get it working again by unplugging the USB and plugging it in again but the fix is temporary maybe hours maybe seconds Every now and then I get a Windows message in the taskbar tray tha FONT amp quot t quot something has happened quot and FONT the system can t recognize my USB device The problems didn t happen all at once but rather in the sequence that I ve noted I ve run different antivirus and malware and rootkit XP Task Manager shows Program Files folder running as an application scans repeatedly but all come up clean FWIW I run good computer utilities every week or so so the system is squeaky clean that XP Task Manager shows Program Files folder running as an application way I ve been limping along FONT FONT amp quot THE XP Task Manager shows Program Files folder running as an application NEW amp BIZARRE DEVELOPMENT at least so it seems to me FONT FONT amp quot I was looking in my Program Files folder when the computer generally seized up I hit CTRL ALT DEL to see what was going on In the Task Manager Applications window it showed the Program Files folder running as an application See screenshot FONT FONT amp quot Meanwhile back in the Program Files folder I noticed a column entitled Status which I don t remember seeing before The status listed for all folders is quot Online quot I don t know and haven t been able to find out what that means FONT amp quot See s FONT amp quot creensho FONT amp quot t FONT FONT FONT FONT FONT amp quot I m ready to punt because I ve had getting a new computer on the horizon for awhile anyway But if anybody sees a way to clean up any part of what s going on I d prefer to keep my current computer for awhile yet The Program Files thing has me really worried What s going on If the realistic answer to the question is this is too much of a FONT amp quot vague FONT mess for any reasonable person i e TSG to spend the time to not figure it out---so be it and thanks for reading this far Yours sincerely ChH FONT FONT amp quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count FONT nbsp

A:XP Task Manager shows Program Files folder running as an application

Hi I'm not sure what's all going on but the program thing will show up if you have it running. Can you click on it and end the task??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-task-manager-shows-program-files-folder-running-as-an-application.1148153/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I have a HP Desktop and the Hard Drive is failing. I tried to clone it with reflect, but it says "Broken pipe error" and won't clone. So I downloaded windows 7 from Microsoft, but when i entered the serial key, it said the key for windows was manufacturer copy and I needed to contact HP about getting a copy of windows. Is there a way i can reinstall a new copy of windows onto my new harddrive with my old key? It's for the same computer. or what could i do to fix this before my hard drive finally dies on me. cheers steve

A:How reinstall manufacture copy of windows on new hard drive

Hi, You need a Recovery set for your machine. Plesae use the following instructions to order one:       http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/bph07143 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/How-reinstall-manufacture-copy-of-windows-on-new-hard-drive/td-p/5744500
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I have an Emachines D620-5133 model MS5277 laptop with windows vista home basic SP2 that i am trying to restore to manufactures setting due to a virus that screwed my registries beyond repair, and believe me I've tried just about everything, I even disabled the F10 boot key on the logo screen and tried the Alt-F10 thing but its not doing anything at all, I've tried calling the manufacture but they're not answering, I even took it to my own hands to try to reconfigure my registry manually, I've added the best anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, and anti-hackware but none were able to help.

Please if you have any ideas on how to help me i would greatly appreciate it.

A:Restoring Emachines d620-5133 to manufacture settings

Please read the rules and do not start more than one thread per topic. Reply to this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/971742-restoring-emachines-d620-5133-manufacture.html

Closing this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-emachines-d620-5133-to-manufacture-settings.971741/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I have an Emachines D620-5133 model MS5277 laptop with windows vista home basic SP2 that i am trying to restore to manufactures setting due to a virus that screwed my registries beyond repair, and believe me I've tried just about everything, I even disabled the F10 boot key on the logo screen and tried the Alt-F10 thing but its not doing anything at all, I've tried calling the manufacture but they're not answering, I even took it to my own hands to try to reconfigure my registry manually, I've added the best anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, and anti-hackware but none were able to help.

Please if you have any ideas on how to help me i would greatly appreciate it.
P.S. I'm very sorry if this post happens to be in the wrong forum section for i have never used techguy before.

Relevancy 44.72%

Installed Win 7 Pro x86 last night on a new HD. After installing SP1, restarting freezes at the Gateway boot screen and I have to hit the power button to shut off, then turn back on. There are no alerts in device manager, so I don't believe this is a driver issue. Everything else seems to be working fine, so I don't think the HD is bad. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Restart freezes on manufacture's boot screen after clean install

Run a startup repair and see if that fixes the issue.

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183812-restart-freezes-manufactures-boot-screen-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I was given an HP laptop with vista and it is very slow to start up. I was uninstalling some programs and I sort by date so I can see the crap that was recently installed... the "installed on" date was there and now its not. It shows name and size but date is gone now. Anyone know why it went away and how to get it back? It may seem stupid but I like to know the date so I don't accidently uninstall anything that was installed by HP and may be essential.

Also any advice or programs on how to start up faster... I have run virus scan with avast, ran spybot, deleted startup entries, cleanup, defrag. Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

A:Uninstall a program doesn't show "installed on" date

hello negan1234,

Most of the programs installed by HP are not essential, and usually just hog system resources... If you want help deciding what to install and what not to, you can ask and we will gladly help.

As for the date... I just looked at my Programs and Features snap in and it doesn't show the install date for all of the programs. Some are blank.

Are all of yours blank?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uninstall-a-program-doesnt-show-installed-on-date-673314.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey everyone,

Recently, I have noticed that every time I properly shut down my laptop, I keep getting the pop up saying "Waiting for Background Program to Close."

The box doesn't even list the program that needs to close. (Can this be a virus)
Furthermore, if I wait a few seconds, it will shut down automatically, I don't need to click "Force Close"....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:"Waiting for Background Program to Close" shows no actual programs?!

Could be a program or service hanging. Establish a Clean Boot, run SFC /SCANNOW Command
to check system files for corruption, check the logs including Performance log for errors at shutdown, utilize System Resources to check for Solutions to problems and Generate a System Health Report, and the rest of the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307208-waiting-background-program-close-shows-no-actual-programs.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm helping a friend upgrade her computer and one of the things I did was helped her acquire and install a copy of Personal Office 365, which includes Outlook 2016. She's been doing her email on Outlook.com until now but now wants to use Outlook 2016.

I'm trying to figure out how to make all her various folders and email visible in Outlook 2016 but have no idea how to do it; I have very little experience with either Outlook or Outlook.com.

Can someone tell me what I need to do? It would be absolutely fine to point me to a tutorial; I just don't know what search term to use with Google. I have to assume this is a simple, routine thing that millions of people have done. I just don't know where to find instructions.

She's running Windows 10 as her OS.

A:Moving date from Outlook.com to the Outlook program in Office 365

Hi. Here's a little info on Outlook files:
Introduction to Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook

Your pst/ost file needs to be located and copied, (for a backup). You then export it through the O2013 program, and import it to the new outlook 2016.

Edit: no, wait - she was using Outlook.com? hmmm.....now I have to think about that. I think you can just setup the account in O2016, and everything should sync?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41956-moving-date-outlook-com-outlook-program-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Greetings and thanks in advance for your help Awhile back I formatted my Windows PCs to show ddd dd-mmm-yyyy on my taskbar clock This worked happily on my desktop and laptop for months maybe even a year Now probably starting in the past couple days if not today on one of those two PC's this format will no longer display It is Okay on the other PC What has changed that the taskbar clock space to Time Taskbar fit format date area expanding Date desired / quit used to expand to fit the quot short date quot format but now it will no longer expand - and instead Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format just refuses to display the date at all NOTE Taskbar Time / Date area quit expanding to fit desired date format I've verified the issue by testing shorter formats -- short formats like quot ddd quot show up correctly Only if you request a longer format will the date not display - evidently because it is too long for the clock area Additional Notes that may help quot Working quot pc is running build PC with too small a clock space that won't expand -- Build Other differences Notification Action center Icon is left of clock on the working PC - Right of clock on the non-working Right- Clicking on task bar gives quot properties quot option on working PC -- But quot Settings quot option on the non-working I don't want to prejudice responses - but clearly the implication to me is that some recent OS update is most likely the culprit Thank You

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/66473-taskbar-time-date-area-quit-expanding-fit-desired-date-format.html
Relevancy 41.71%

First the background We are gradually deploying Office but not everyone in the agency has it I have both and installed on my system but I do my work in and none of our databases have actually been converted to format at least none that I work with There are occasionally people who use when viewing databases but I don t know if Parameter Failing DateValue using Ac in from calculated Solved: field date Query Date any of the people who are working in this particular database Solved: Date Parameter Failing in Query from calculated date field using DateValue Ac are using Solved: Date Parameter Failing in Query from calculated date field using DateValue Ac The problem is reproducible in and so I ve been trying to fix it here The query behind the problem report used to work It has been a problem for several months it is run monthly and every month for the past five they ve had problems with it and I ve finally gotten to the root of the actual issue The purpose of the report is to generate invoice for outstanding loans The DateNextPayment is a calculated field based on the payment plan for the loan It is calculated using a function in the query named qryGetSitesDDInvoices This is the function that is called I did not write this function I m supporting this db long after the original writer has left Code Function DateNextPayment PaymentSchedule As String DateFirstPayment As Date Balance As Currency On Error GoTo Handle err Dim Date As Date Dim Date As Date Dim Date As Date Dim NextQtrDate As Date 'The code adds one month to datenextpayment at start of each month Or yearly or weekly Select Case PaymentSchedule Case quot Weekly quot DateNextPayment DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot Date DatePart quot d quot Date Case quot Monthly quot DateNextPayment DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot Date Case quot Quarterly quot ' determine the first day of the next quarter that follows ' the one that we are currently within Select Case DatePart quot q quot Date Case NextQtrDate DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date Case NextQtrDate DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date Case NextQtrDate DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date Case NextQtrDate DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date End Select If DateFirstPayment gt Date Then ' the date case the first payment is sometime in the future If DateFirstPayment lt NextQtrDate Then ' the first payment is between now and the beginning case the ' next quarter so set the nextpayment date to the beginning case the next quarter DateNextPayment NextQtrDate Else ' the firstpayment is futher forward than the very next quarter's beginning Select Case DatePart quot q quot DateFirstPayment Case DateNextPayment DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot DateFirstPayment Case DateNextPayment DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot DateFirstPayment Case DateNextPayment DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot DateFirstPayment Case DateNextPayment DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot DateFirstPayment End Select End If Else ' the date case the first payment is sometime in the past ' since we are working quarterly whatever the next quarter ' is in the future is the one we want to assign as the next ' payment date DateNextPayment NextQtrDate End If Case quot SemiAnnually quot If DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment lt Then ' example is Date DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment ' Date DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment ' Date DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment ' Else ' example is Date DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment - ' Date DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment ' Date DateSerial DatePart quot yyyy quot Date DatePart quot m quot DateFirstPayment - ' End If If Date lt Date Then DateNextPayment Date End If If Date lt Date And Date lt Date Then DateNextPayment Date End If If Date gt Date... Read more

A:Solved: Date Parameter Failing in Query from calculated date field using DateValue Ac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-date-parameter-failing-in-query-from-calculated-date-field-using-datevalue-ac.945599/
Relevancy 41.71%

Help I am using a Seagate Central TB NAS drive attached to my router via Ethernet It has been working fine so far for all kinds of file activities But whenever I modify a file in one of its folders the creation date for the file also updates and is changed to the same time as the new modified date Maybe a Whenever a Modified file drive, Date. NAS changing, Created Date just not I the stored the keeps on edit relevant details I can move copy folders to the drive and they maintain their created dates It happens for both a private user share on the NAS and for the Public Whenever I edit a file stored on a NAS drive, the Created Date keeps changing, not just the Modified Date. share on it It happens for at least image files and text files I am able to edit files across two computers on the network just fine the create date stays the same This happens from a new Windows machine and Vista machine both I notice sometimes the date created seems to stay same until I access the file the next time I can't update the NAS firmware because of error If it could be a permissions problem I have been unable to change it from Everyone Special Permissions only nobody Unix Group nobody Special Permissions only nogroup Unix Group nogroup Special Permissions only Those were there automatically they are not something I manually put there I get quot Access is denied quot whenever try to add permissions or change ownership I have Googled many phrases of this problem far and wide and come up with nothing I really need to save the original create date because that's how I sort them in programs like Windows Photo Gallery or Picasa Does anyone know what's going on or what to try to fix this problem prevent the creation date from changing every time I edit the file Please am desperate

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54a110b7-7b26-46c5-b915-426dc8c3784b/whenever-i-edit-a-file-stored-on-a-nas-drive-the-created-date-keeps-changing-not-just-the-modified?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello.
I'd like to see Long Date and Long Time in my System Tray instead of Short Date and Short Time. 
But due to some restrictions connected with my work I can not modify Short Date & Short Time to look how I want them to look in System Tray.
So basically I need Windows to show what is set as Long Date & Long Time in System Tray instead of showing Short ones.

Is it possible? Maybe some registry tweaks?

A:How to display Long Date in System Tray (without modifying Short Date)?

Hi,
There is no workaround to display the Long Date in taskbar without modifying the Short Date parameter.Ivan-Liu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/510bd9c5-f379-4b43-8449-bce752e64c60/how-to-display-long-date-in-system-tray-without-modifying-short-date?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.71%

The title is self-explanatory. So far, I found a software that is able to change this called 'Attribute Changer' but it only changes the date modified in the folder and, when you go into the actual word application > file > info, the date created and modified are not changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

A:Changing 'date created' and 'date modified' in Microsoft Word 2013

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-date-created-and-date-modified-in-microsoft-word-2013.1126710/
Relevancy 41.71%

Searching for files modified in a specified date range (of the past 3 days) gets a search result list titled "date modified", and with the column heading "Date Modified" but the date listed against a file modified today is wrong. The date displayed matches the file creation date & is within the specified range ... but how do I know what the Search is doing?

Can't trust it... !

A:File search (by date range) displays incorrect Mod Date in results

That is very strange. Bump for a possible solution, since I can't think of one off the top of my head.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214389-file-search-date-range-displays-incorrect-mod-date-results.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hello to everybody

I need batch code to check if date is modified in three files and that date should be compared with current date (%date%).If so,do some job,otherwise quit (exit /b)

I found a bunch of solutions but what troubles me is date format.
On my machine it is dd.mm.yyyy

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys I have a question about coding and setting an excel file to send emails I am using an excel file to track maintenance work orders and I would like to get an email each day for each work order that is requested to be finished on that days date I have attached the excel file I am using and the column that is Date Excel When Column Date to Solved: in Emails Send 07 Using Today's = important is C quot Date Needed quot - If that date is today s date the cell turns red and I would also like to get email notification about it A separate email for each cell that matches today s date Also if possible I would like Solved: Using Excel 07 to Send Emails When Date in Column = Today's Date for it to look at all the sheets not just the current month s sheet For example if a work order was filed in July but wasn t needed until September I would still like to get the email reminding me that it needs to be finished on xx date in September I have attached the excel file I want to use I have searched all over this forum and others and have found many posts similar to this but I am not a great manipulator of code so I cannot get any of the other solutions to work Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Using Excel 07 to Send Emails When Date in Column = Today's Date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-excel-07-to-send-emails-when-date-in-column-todays-date.734664/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I'm new to Windows Home Premium -bit and I just can't figure out what's going on here Basically I Date format slash! using forward separator as than date rather space want my short date format to be dd mm yyyy UK Date format using space as date separator rather than forward slash! format e g but when I key Date format using space as date separator rather than forward slash! a date into Excel it is appearing as In Control Panel I have the short date format set to ddd dd MM yyyy and the example is shown as Fri but in Excel all the date formats are shown with space separators e g I don't think it's an Excel problem though as in Windows Task Scheduler the dates are shown with spaces there e g ' on Mon ' The date by the clock though is shown correctly with slash separators I know in Windows XP you can select the date separator from a drop-down list but this option seems to be absent in Windows Under HKEY CURRENT USER Control Panel International in the registry sDate was set to a space but changing that to a slash and rebooting didn't fix the problem Does anyone have any ideas please what's wrong and how to fix it Thanks Steven

A:Date format using space as date separator rather than forward slash!

Hi,

The option you're after is controlled from within Excel. If you right-click the cell(s) in question you can select 'format cells' and under 'Date' you can select the desired format.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/123183-date-format-using-space-date-separator-rather-than-forward-slash.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm working on a spreadsheet that lists monthly recurring expenses. I have one cell on the sheet listing the current date (using the "=Now()" formula), but I'd like to have the other cells change at certain times throughout the month.

For example, if one cell currently says "April-15", when the actual date reads "April-16", the respective cell would change to "June-15". This way, whenever the spreadsheet is viewed the next recurring payment date will be seen.

I know this is the wrong tool for something like this - I'm using SharePoint at the office with a calendar list with workflows that shoot off emails in a much better put together format - but this is just for home use and I'd like to keep it all in one document if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Excel 2010: Cell Date Change with Current Date

The way I read it was that you have fixed recurring payment dates, so you just want to know the next date based on the day today. Hope the attached might assist.
You need to list the payment dates somewhere and then the formula looks up the next date. You might want to look up today plus 1 (or something) to reflect the fact that if the next payment date is today, there's a good chance you'll not get any unplanned payments on that run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-cell-date-change-with-current-date.1124125/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a field that reads 2009-12-30-15.42.22.81298 as text. i want to make in be a date of 12/30/2009 15:42:23 and ignore the milliseconds. Is this possible?

Thanks
Ted

A:Converting complex date text fields into date or numbers

Ted, what software are you talking about?
Are there always 8 values in the date part?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-complex-date-text-fields-into-date-or-numbers.938478/
Relevancy 41.28%

I need to return a number associated with a date based on today's date. For example: A1:A24 are numbers 1 to 24 and B1:B24 contain the 15th and 30th for each month of the year; 15-Jan, 30-Jan, 15-Feb, 28-Feb, ... 30-Dec.Cell C1 needs to return the number from A1:A24 based upon today's date compared to the date in B1:B24.For example today is 08/21/15, what number should be returned in Cell C1. It should be 15 as 08/21 is less than 30-Aug.message edited by jmichels

A:Return a number based on today's date compared another date.

Try this formula, see how it work for you:=INDEX(A1:B24,MATCH(TODAY(),B1:B24,1),1)This will work for most dates, but errors out if the Date is 01/14/15 or less.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/message edited by mmcconaghy

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/return-a-number-based-on-todays-date-compared-another-date/19930.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a file that lists a Julian date of, for instance, 37573. How do I convert that into something like 11/06/02?

Thanks in advance!

A:Julian Date--How to convert to calendar date in Excel

That's not a Julian date, Beth.

That is actually a date value that Excel provides.

That's how many days it's been since 1/1/1900.

To change it to a real date, you should be able to select that cell or entire column, hit Format-Cell, Number tab, and choose Date, and then any one of the date formats.

Julian dates are what numbered day of the year. For instance, January 3, 2002 would be 3.

Learn lots about dates and times in Excel:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

Be prepared to be there for a while.

Happy Thanksgiving!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/julian-date-how-to-convert-to-calendar-date-in-excel.105892/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am looking to set up a macro or formula that basically inserts the current time when a cell is filled SO:

when a2:a100 is populated with any thing then the corresponding C cell will be populated with the time.

AND

when e2:e1000 is populated wiith anything then the corresponding D Cell will be populated.

Currently I am using this macro.
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A6:A100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target(1, 4)
.Value = Time
.EntireColumn.AutoFit
End With
End If
End Sub

which works great for the A and C cells

but it does not work for the other one.. how do i add and modify this so all my needs are met.
I need another 2 sets of 2 macros accross the sheet for time entry.

Relevancy 40.85%

I am using the "microsoft access date/ time picker" control to pick dates. These dates like termination date of a contract will end up in the database. The problem I have is that when I do this,

rst!dateIntoForce = Me!ActiveXCtlDOForce

I end up with this in my database:

1/6/2003 5:48:43 PM

How can I extract only the date part from "1/6/2003 5:48:43 PM" so that only

1/6/2003

goes into the database
Thanks

A:Date Part only from MS Access Date picker control

Format the date before it gets entered into the db. Format([Date], "m/dd/yyyy")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/date-part-only-from-ms-access-date-picker-control.111777/
Relevancy 40.85%

The AVG on my Dell thinks the Virus database is out of date even though it has the most current update?

How can I change the date back and what might have caused this to happen in the first place. I've heard of some AVG update problem but didn't find much relevant information on it.

Any suggestion or links would be great.

Thanks,
Andre

A:AVG Free wrong date set; Update thinks it's out-of-date

Check the date on your computer.. And, maybe uninstall AVG and reinstall it..

http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-free-wrong-date-set-update-thinks-its-out-of-date.541035/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there I know how to do add a criteria to a Query For example in the QBE pane in design view in the criteria row I enter this statement Between Start Date And End Date When I open up the form that is bound to the query a message box a Access - Criteria in form Date Start and Date End pops up and I enter the required dates and I get the required data that is between the dates that I specify However I m now finding out that this method is now becoming a nuisance Is there a way that I can have unbound controls - one for the start date and the other for the end date in a criteria form This way I input the dates I want for a particular customer and the form with the required data shows up For example I have already developed a criteria form for customers I have an unbound combo box control that has customer names and when I click on a particular customer name all the data for that Access - Start Date and End Date in a Criteria form customer is displayed in a form In the row source of the unbound combo box control there is a SELECT FROM statement I also have a button next to the unbound combo box control that opens up the form for that particular customer Now I want Access - Start Date and End Date in a Criteria form to add two more Unbound controls in the criteria form one for Start Date and another for End Date This way I can select a customer from the customer combo Box select the start start date from the start date combo box and the end date from the second combo box control and get the desired data for that particular customer between the specified dates I have attempted to do this but without success Is this possible to do If so can someone please tell me how to do it - BE SPECIFIC SINCE I M NO EXPERT HERE Thanks Mario nbsp

A:Access - Start Date and End Date in a Criteria form

Mario: What you want is called a query by form (QBF). I don't know how to do them myself, offhand, but here's the MS Technet article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=235359

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-start-date-and-end-date-in-a-criteria-form.445799/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello. I have a cell on my spread sheet which calculates an earliest date due. The cell references other cells to achieve this and looks like this '=C51+(F8*7)' where cell C51 is a date field in the format DD/MM/CCYY and contains the date 26/12/2015. And cell F8 is a number field which contains the value '4'. This value '4' is indicating a number of weeks. So the calculation (F8*7) gets me the number of days and I then add those days to the date in cell C51 to get 23/01/2016.I want this cell to output the current date if the calculation above results in a date that is in the past. Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way to achieve this? Thank you.

A:Excel: Substitute a past date with the current date

If I understand you correctly, this should get you what you want:=IF("your calculation"< TODAY(),TODAY(),"your calculation")However, the TODAY() will update every day to always show the current date, assuming "your calculation" results in a date that is in the past.In other words, it will not lock in the first date it calculates. It will always display "today's" date.Is that what you want to see?One other issue: As explained at the link below, the TODAY() function is "volatile". That means that is will recalculate every time the sheet calculates, even if none of the arguments have changed. A large number of volatile functions can slow a worksheet down.https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...Volatile and Non-Volatile Functions

Excel supports the concept of a volatile function, that is,
one whose value cannot be assumed to be the same from one
moment to the next even if none of its arguments (if it
takes any) has changed. Excel reevaluates cells that contain
volatile functions, together with all dependents, every time
that it recalculates. For this reason, too much reliance on
volatile functions can make recalculation times slow. Use them
sparingly.

The following Excel functions are volatile:

NOW
TODAY
RAND
OFFSET
INDIRECT
INFO (depending on its arguments)
CELL (depending on its arguments)Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-substitute-a-past-date-with-the-current-date/20169.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Date/Time field that I need converted to just a Time field.

It comes back with 2/11/12 0:00:00

I need just the 2/11/12

I thought about changing it to a text field but I think there will be an issue with the month because it does not bring back a 0 in from the months with only 1 digit.

This table that I am creating is being sent to a txt file and that is where I see the issue. It looks good in Access, but not the txt file.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I am having trouble finding the previous 2 days totals in a query. I have a totals query with the following fields:
JobID - Criteria: Between 500 And 599
WorkType
JulianDate
Batch
TotalProcessed - calculated field, grouped on Sum. sums field entry
ProdDate - Short Date - Grouped on Where - Criteria Date()-1 Or Date()-2

Today's Julian Date is 199 so query should give me Julian Dates 197 & 198, but instead returns Julian Dates 188 - 196.

Thank you for your help!

A:Solved: AC2007 Find Date()-1 And Date()-2 in Query

The criteria that you should use for a date period is
Between Date()-1 and Date()-2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ac2007-find-date-1-and-date-2-in-query.1061431/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I have a large report of application forms which have been submitted including the date when they were submitted however the dates are formatted incorrectly.

1. Although the cell formatting is dd/mm/yyyy the data is being shown in mm/dd/yyyy which means the dates are incorrect (e.g. 2nd January would read as 1st February.)
2. As a result of this dates which are passed the 12th of a month are not accepted as dates (it reads the day figure as months and there is no 13th month etc)

I have tried to use the text to columns function but that makes no difference and I have tried to extract just the dates but I've had no luck.

Can anyone help, I've attached a small sample of the data.

Thanks

Daniel

A:Exported date field not recognized as date in Excel

Where does the data come from?
What do you get if you have no cell format?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exported-date-field-not-recognized-as-date-in-excel.1110471/
Relevancy 40.85%

So I have this excel spreadsheet and an example of it basically looks like this:

Project Phase Person Capacity Start Date End Date
A Design 1 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 1 25% 3/17 5/11
A Design 2 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 2 25% 3/17 5/11

I'm looking to track a monthly outlook of capacity % over time for each person (in a pivot table), but I'm unable to get it exactly the way it should be. Essentially I would like it to look like this below:

Dates
Person Jan Feb Mar Apr May
1 25% 25% 25% 25% 25%
2 25% 25% 25%

(Sorry, the text keeps left aligning so person 2 should actually have 25% under Mar, Apr, and May.)

Is this even possible, either in a pivot table, or even using formulas?

Relevancy 40.85%

Excel 2013 and Windows 10 Pro

Today is May-14

Date format is set to show: Mar-16
Pressing Ctrl+; shows: 05 14 2016 in the cell
and it converts to: May-16 after I exit that cell.

Any ideas as to how to fix this or why it adds 2 days to the date?

I don't do much on computer now because of health but when I do and there is a problem, I know some of the experts are here.

Thank you in advance, Ron

A:Excel Date shortcut posts proper date and then changes

Hey Ron,

This should be a fairly simple one. I'd hazard a guess and say the May-16 is the month and year rather than the month and day.
If you click the format drop down as shown below, and click the last option for more formatting options.

In the box that pops up, navigate to Custom using the left hand panel to navigate.
Here you can make your own (or use a preset if you wish) format to suit your needs.

Here is a quick key to help you get by:
dd = Day in Number format
ddd = Day in Short text
dddd = Day in Long text
mm = Month in Number format
mmm = Month in Short text
mmmm = Month in Long text
yy = year in 2 digits
yyyy = year in 4 digits

You can separate these with pretty much whatever you want.
All of this data is input into the "Type" field as shown in the picture above.

See the picture for an example, Ironically it is May 16th today so it will appear the same as your issue does, but rest assured, as long as you have those D's in there, it will display the day!

Best of luck,
Let us know how you get on,

Xsage

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-date-shortcut-posts-proper-date-and-then-changes.1171310/
Relevancy 40.85%

So I have this excel spreadsheet and an example of it basically looks like this:
Project Phase Person Capacity Start Date End Date
A Design 1 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 1 25% 3/17 5/11
A Design 2 25% 1/15 3/16
A Model 2 25% 3/17 5/11

I'm looking to track a monthly outlook of capacity % over time for each person (in a pivot table), but I'm unable to get it exactly the way it should be. Essentially I would like it to look like this below:

Dates
Person Jan Feb Mar Apr May
1 25% 25% 25% 25% 25%
2 25% 25% 25%

Is this even possible, either in a pivot table, or even using formulas?

A:Excel 2007 - Start Date and End Date question

You should have posted that in "Business Applications" here: http://forums.techguy.org/16-business-applications/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-start-date-and-end-date-question.1041514/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello, I have spreadsheet with a number of dates and times ie (11/19/07 8:57 AM) in column A and data going along with each of these dates and times from columns B-CK. I am trying to limit the list to show the information that is for all times after 2:45PM. The problem is I cannot sort by time and the dates attached to all the times span from 2004-2007. Please help!

Relevancy 40.85%

MicroSD shows up with diminished capacity (128gb shows up as 200MB card). It shows up with no data. It shows up a "Secure Digital Storage Device"

Links:
ASUS VivoTab Note 8 (M80TA) | Tablets | ASUS USA
Amazon.com: Gigastone MicroSDXC 128GB C10 U1 up to 48MB/s with SD adapter (GS-2IN1C10128G-R): Computers Accessories

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65135-microsd-shows-up-diminished-capacity-128gb-shows-up-200mb-card.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello ,Question when looking up warranty entitlement in HP on our computer HP ProBook 650 G1 it shows begin date of 2011 a start date at 2015 but the customer purchase in 2016.. Below is the expample :Confused.. Can any one explain why the date differance.Entitlement (includes Factory Warranty and Contracts) Coverage Begin Date(MM/DD/YYYY)Expiration Date(MM/DD/YYYY)In Warranty Part 04/04/2011 02/01/2019 Labor 04/04/2011 02/01/2019 Onsite 04/04/2011 02/01/2019 Pickup 12/29/2015 02/01/2017 Software n/a n/a

A:Begins shows 2011 but MFG Shows 2015 in HP Warranty lookup

@DW2016

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Begins-shows-2011-but-MFG-Shows-2015-in-HP-Warranty-lookup/td-p/5648818
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, Recently i've noticed my system is only using 2gb of ram and is running really slowly. I run a Rampage III Motherboard with 6gb of ripjaw ram. However only 2gb of ram is being used for some reason.
I read a bit about going into the bios and looking for a "memory remapping" setting but there was not one.
I also unchecked the box for max memory in msconfig > boot > advanced options.

Any suggestions would be great!

Relevancy 40.42%

I just reinstalled Windows bit after a crash I reconnected my second HDD to the machine where prior to the crash I stored all my photos and music The problem is that there appears to be no folders or files visible in the drive despite it showing over GB of used space See the attached screenshot for a better view of what I am talking about Drive F is the first partition on the drive Drive G is the second partition on the drive --Both should have a ton of data on them but I can't see any shows visible data, folders up, HDD or shows no files folders Am I missing something stupid I'm not panicked yet but drive F is really HDD shows up, shows data, no folders or files visible important to me Thanks EDIT I just booted into HDD shows up, shows data, no folders or files visible the same PC via a Knoppix Live DVD and this OS sees all my files just as pretty as you please so clearly the data is all there thank the FSM but Windows is misconigured This is a gonna be a facepalm when I figure out what I did wrong isnt it

A:HDD shows up, shows data, no folders or files visible

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/153309-hdd-shows-up-shows-data-no-folders-files-visible.html