Windows Support Forum

Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Q: Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there I currently have a studio 1747 from Dell. I play some video games on it mostly from steam such has CS, CSS, the new CSGO TF2 etc. Lately ive been getting random FPS drops in game. I could be running fine at about 150fps for 5-20 mins then all of a sudden it drops to about 20. At first I thought it was caused by overheating but then I went out ad bought a cooling pad with three cooling fans to put underneath it and I'm still getting this problem. Im beginning to think that maybe this laptop just cant handle pc gaming? But my starting FPS is at about 120-125 before these drops. Any solutions would be great!

Relevancy 76.11%

For the past 3 months, I have been trying to solve this problem. My computer randomly spikes every 10 minutes or so and it uses up most of RAM or CPU causing me to fps in all of my games. I tried system restore and all but it wouldn't go away. I think it might be a program that i have downloaded but i have uninstalled all unneeded programs yesterday and it is still spiking. It might be possible my computer is infected with a virus.

A:Random CPU usage spikes, horrible FPS lag in-game

Moved at request of VM forum staff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-usage-spikes-horrible-fps-lag-in-game.179391/
Relevancy 75.68%

nbsp dds txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Kerr Combo Log txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Windows Home Premium SP -OS AMD Phenom X GHz GB RAM Nvidia GeForce GTX USB loss - Sporadic USB connectivity loss Sometimes it comes back after a minute or two sometimes it does not Affects all USB ports mouse keyboard and tried phone charger for Iphone in from ports to no avail as well Thought it was power loss and just bought a new power supply that was not it Mouse and keyboard lights go out during the computer's fit optic mouse and num scroll cap lock lights on keyboard As my wife and I discuss this it seems this issue only happens along with Firefox Freezing Ping In-game Spikes/Lag Firefox & loss, USB Freezing while Firefox is open Firefox Freezing - Sporadic browser freeze This seems to be related to the USB loss we have been experiencing and it alway seems to happen while using Firefox Firefox may not actually freeze but we are unable to verify since the mouse and alt ctrl del do not work on keyboard This does not happen everyday but may occur several times in an hour There are usually no other user initiated programs running other than Windows Explorer - to organize and post pictures for our business In-game Ping Spikes Lag - This is Counter-Strike specific since I play no other USB loss, Firefox Freezing & In-game Ping Spikes/Lag bandwidth intensive or FPS online games I have owned this game since it's release and have had no issues until the beginning of this May Right around then I began experiencing latency that was well above what I had experienced before In game I do not see the this connectivity issue on my end the game is running fine but others say I am jumping around the screen and claim I am hacking etc I do notice the issue when my ping spikes as high as - ms for brief periods At this time I notice the jumping and loss on my end When I play USB loss, Firefox Freezing & In-game Ping Spikes/Lag Counter-Strike there is nothing else open or running in background that doesn't start on start up All of these issues seem to be related as far as USB loss, Firefox Freezing & In-game Ping Spikes/Lag timeframe goes There were no USB browser or gaming issues before May I have also installed nothing new except for a few games I have purchased off of Steam No new hardware or software I have read on other threads that torrent programs were potential routes for infection I have removed Vuze completely as of today I want you guys to have the whole picture I have ran SUPERAntiSpyWare Malwarebytes Spybot and they are not turning up anything I have defragged recently so my diseased hard drive is tidy but nothing has fixed this If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask Thanks Brian

A:USB loss, Firefox Freezing & In-game Ping Spikes/Lag

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499479/usb-loss-firefox-freezing-in-game-ping-spikeslag/
Relevancy 73.96%

Seems to occur only in Firefox browser while browsing, typing, watching videos, their is random lag spikes where things freeze for .5-1 sec and its quite annoying.

Their is no way to uninstall firefox either. It wont uninstall.

Solutions?

Relevancy 64.5%

Am not sure if I m posting in the correct area if not please suggest or reroute my submission to the correct subheading I ve attempted to resolve this cpu usage problem with little no success A few months ago I noticed my system freezing stalling and video streaming and playback would stutter freeze and or stall with latency issues in abundance I also noticed Windows Task Manager at start up revealed Processes CPU Memory I ve vacuumed the system exhaust vent and use a house fan to assist airflow Though I read many possible solutions most were a bit more complex than I am comfortable with or were for XP or Windows Am not a gamer I ve ran numerous a v systematic defrag registry junk file etc scans I don t know spikes 0% usage Vista hb to drops cpu then how to shut down or turn off processes nor reduce the cpu usage which in some cases red line Any and all assistance is appreciated and gratefully accepted Vista hb cpu usage spikes then drops to 0% PS Am a beginner at this so please go Vista hb cpu usage spikes then drops to 0% easy on me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Volvi Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Aware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

so i just bought a lenovo y700 17" like 2 weeks ago, since day one i have been getting these random fps drops while playing any game, i noticed they also come accompanied by a 100% usage in sshd.any fixes or ideas?

A:Lenovo Y700 fps drops, 100% spikes sshd

Ferstrato wrote:so i just bought a lenovo y700 17" like 2 weeks ago, since day one i have been getting these random fps drops while playing any game, i noticed they also come accompanied by a 100% usage in sshd.any fixes or ideas?Tweaks or adjustments might be in order while playing games. A good source is the forum of that particular game.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-fps-drops-100-spikes-sshd/td-p/2238694
Relevancy 58.05%

I have had this Laptop for seven months now A few crashes here and there from security kernal a couple from other reasons And I was spikes Game lag content because it didn't disturb me all that much But when my gaming laptop is inable to function when I play a game and causes severe performance issues that shouldn't happen then I am frustrated and angry at something that should not happen I am in possession of a product number here nbsp N R UA ABA and I am tired of what is happening For instance of my problem I have played a plethera of common games that challenges the hardware of this notebook and have been fine for the majority of my time nbsp I have been getting into the new game Overwatch recently and have come to really enjoy the gameplay that it offers I Game lag spikes have not had an issue playing Overwatch until recently however I Game lag spikes took note that when I play that sometimes it will have a massive lag spike that is caused by my cpu on the program slowing down I feel as though this has something to do with the graphics card but my guess may as well be as good as yours I doubt this issue has anything to do with the game I believe it has more so to do with the hardware

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Game-lag-spikes/td-p/5685642
Relevancy 57.62%

Its very annoying and happens every 5 seconds or so although it does not happen very much during the night. It spikes from 50 - 120 all the time. I have done a virus scan using AdAware and Spybot. I have attached my HJT log just in case. I have a linksys router(model WRT54GP2). I am wondering if this is because I have cable (my ISP is Shaw Highspeed).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lag-spikes-during-game-play.588935/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I am a gamer that recieves massive problems with my video gameplay We all should know what Ping means so heres my problem I experiance quot Ping Spikes Lag Spikes quot every - mins or sometimes every - mins Video Spikes Lag Game and my ping Video Game Lag Spikes will Video Game Lag Spikes jump from around to about and my ping will be at for about seconds then it will go back to agian This happens on every game and every game demo I have played I do not Video Game Lag Spikes know what is wrong and I have never been able to fix this problem no one knows what causes this This problem did not occur when I first got this computer but about months after that it started up I cannot Ctrl Alt Del during the freeze either I cannot do anything at all until the freeze is over Does anyone know a way to fix this or some possible solutions Replys with possible conclusions to my problem will be greatly appreciated Specs --------------- Intel Pentium GHz Compaq Presario Gb MB nVidia Vanta ram WinXP Also running Norton Thank you email protected nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, i've been reading around the forums and i've noticed alot of people have this problem with Vista, well:

I'm a gamer, i play many games such as WoW, Most ijji games, Css, Aion etc..

Lately i've installed Windows Vista, and when i seem to play games, or anything else for that matter (ventrilo, skype, msn messenger), my ping seems to hit the roof every now and then, spiking.

I've tried pinging my router's IP and discovered every so often it DOES spike, so therefore it must be the connection between my PC and the router which is upstairs, and it's not the games, or my internet connection because it worked fine on XP. No one in my household is downloading torrents.

I've also tried Wireless Zero Shutdown, which has done nothing.

So what seems to be the problem? I really don't feel like re-installing XP either.

If you could please help, thanks alot.

A:MS/Ping spikes in every game i play.

One way to check is to ask the other players if they see spikes to.

I think WoW has an /out of character chat like Everquest does. That would be the method to use.

If no one else is seeing it, then its your ISP or something else.

Of course, folks in areas others than yours might not see it. So if you were, for example, in the west coast of the US and the folks who answer you don't live there, they may not see any spikes.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/259455-ms-ping-spikes-every-game-i-play.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Systems Info Log attached HJ Log also attached but HJ This was not run during CP Spike Don t know if I should run it again when the CPU is running high Please advise Description HJ - Spikes during play game log attached CPU of problem documented after SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free CPU Spikes during game play - HJ log attached - MB D Total - MB CPU Spikes during game play - HJ log attached Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Goldfish Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Techs Please help My CPU is spiking to - during game play while I am playing Pogo Games on pogo com This problem has been happening for a long time so I started watching my Task Mgr to try to figure out what is causing this but I ve had no luck so I need your help I have been playing pogo games for years using either IE or FF Yesterday I changed browsers to Google Chrome thinking there was a compatibility issue between IE FF and Java but that wasn t the case b c my CPU also spikes with Chrome but different programs cause the spike Through my own research I have found the following programs to cause the spike java adobe flash adobe reader plugin container alg and now it s chrome exe When alg exe was cauing the high CP usuage I checked my computer and found alg exe in C Win NTServicePackUninstall C Win Sys C Win ServicePackFiles i and alg exe- cg pf in c Win Prefetch I thought I might have a virus so I ran a full scan using SuperAntiSpyware which did not correct the problem so I then did a system restore back to Jan th After that alg exe still appears on my Task Mgr but no longer caused the extreme usuage Now the extreme usage is being caused by chrome exe Before doing anything else I thought it would be best to ask your experts to check my logfile and see what is casuing this problem HJ log is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files AOL a waol exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files AOL a shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pogo com pageSection cp header home R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've just upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Everything runs smooth, after I have updated most drivers. My fps in games even increases a little (about 10) in general.

I don't hate metro so I haven't done much tweak to the system.

However when I play counter strike : GO, I have ping spikes going to 500 about every 10 minutes. Sometimes fps drops suddenly too. I believe it's some process causing the problem. But it lasts only like 3 seconds. When I tab out and open task manage to check the process I can't hunt it down. I didn't have the problem when I had windows 7.

Any suggestion on how to catch the guilty one ?

A:Unknown process coz spikes in game

I don't have this problem myself but I do have CS GO.

My suggestion is search a program that can log network connections and program can graph network processes to pin point the culprit.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/24862-unknown-process-coz-spikes-game.html
Relevancy 56.76%

ive had this computer for less than a year and about a mont ago i noticed that once and a while, the framerate while playing a game like wow or starcraft2 would go from thirty to 3 for about 30 seconds. that would only happen about once every week but now its where if your on a game for more than 5 minuites it does it. i know internets not the issue and i know its not just the games because after exiting them while they are having a lag spike, the program and internet windows are also slow. plz help

A:computer lag spikes during and after playing a game

www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

download hwmonitor and check the temperature when u lag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-lag-spikes-during-and-after-playing-a-game.952111/
Relevancy 56.76%

Now I have the X Pro Video Card I tried GAME a Spikes while CPU running 3 Interval Second the catalyst drivers and and I just put the X Pro in and used and In Both cases while running a GAME and ONLY while running a game I get second interval CPU usage spikes If you look in the process list the only program that shows CPU usage spikes is the game itself but it happens with EVERY Game or so spikes doesn t sound like much but it causes a hang in-game unplayable 3 Second Interval CPU Spikes while running a GAME in racing first person shooters now as far as I know nothing has changed with my PC since it started happening the other day -- Ending the Catalyst Control Center process did fix the issue and since i don t use CCC but instead Ray Adam s Tray Tools I just uninstalled it -- Still get the problem and now no CCC to end to fix it so what do I do Reinstall the CCC end the task problem is still there Ive gone into the event viewer and tried to see if there were any errors during the time this happens and there aren t any -- to Me it sounds like something is trying to start a program that doesn t exist so once it fails to start it tries again and again and so on -- but I can t find anything or anywhere that shows this is happening I ve run spyware scans still get the issue it s just odd that it only occurs during a game which makes me think it s either something wrong with the RAM which I doubt or something with the card or video drivers but I ve tried cards and different drivers total and it still happens - The only reason i dont pull out the drivers or whichever is the newest now is because they cause more problems by rendering the majority of my games to not even start and - are the most stable for both of my cards AMD Athlon Gig Ram X Pro w Ram Windows XP SP Any help is appreciated thanks Ok here are a couple things in the event viewer - - Exception Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist Exception Called by ATI ACE MOM Implementation MOM CleanRegistryKeys processID threadID domainNameMOM EXE assemblyNameMOM Implementation Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e - - Exception Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist Exception Called by ATI ACE MOM Implementation MOM CleanRegistryKeys processID threadID domainNameMOM EXE assemblyNameMOM Implementation Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e - - Failed to merge manifest file C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE skins ccc-skins xml with exception Could not find file C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE skins ccc-skins xml Error Called by ATI ACE CLI Foundation MergeManifest ReadManifest processID threadID domainNameccc exe assemblyNameCLI Foundation XManifest Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e - - Exception lt atixcode dll gt Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID A -E E- F -A C - C BCAAAF failed due to the following error Exception Called by ATI ACE CLI Aspect TransCode Graphics Shared TC Component CheckTrancodeComObject processID threadIDCCCThreadNew Wizard domainNameccc exe assemblyNameCLI Aspect TransCode Graphics Shared Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken - - Exception lt Load gt Could not load file or assembly file C Branding dll or one of its dependencies The system cannot find the file specified Exception Called by ATI ACE LOG Foundation Implementation Branding LoadBrandingResource processID threadIDCCCThreadNew Systemtray domainNameccc exe assemblyNameLOG Foundation Implementation Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken ba c f e And As I said knowing this I reinstalled the suite with catalyst control center and this Mom exe thing and it still messed and Come to think of it I saw someone say quot If I remember correctly this is the CCC Catalyst Control Center start runtime it is used for the CCC to pre-load with windows You don t need to let it start with windows as it will start on demand when needed quot maybe I ve just found my own solution or a path towards one makes ... Read more

A:3 Second Interval CPU Spikes while running a GAME

Ok, here's an update on the situation. None of the drivers video cards worked, I fixed those errors, still same problem. But I noticed when I start a game, any game, the same file launches itself every time:

wmiprvse.exe

Now I know this is a legit windows file, unless of course it's something else concealed by having the same name, and that its the windows management instrumentation deal... BUT When i go to manage my computer, look in the services, find the WMI service and click Stop, it says itll disable the firewall yata yata, i Click fine yes do it, it stops (I still leave it on automatic) Then i launch a game... the program starts again (i see it in task manager) the instant the game starts, and the stuttering is no longer there.... the command line the shortcut is in for this service says:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

Im not sure if its related or not, I would assume so, somehow ?

Another thing, Not sure if related, one service under this is the Windows management Service .. THIS file is weird... I cant stop it, It says something doesnt exist, and goes back to Automatic, I cant make it start a program when it fails to start, because it deletes whatever program shortcut line i put there, i cant delete or rename the file as its being used, the file is called 'Dmgqd.exe' (funny enough it was created the same date and time that the pentagon was hit on 9/11 except the date of this file is 2007)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-second-interval-cpu-spikes-while-running-a-game.705408/
Relevancy 56.76%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Common Files Java Java in causing Mouse CPU game spikes Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Mouse causing in game CPU spikes Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - C PROGRA Crawler Toolbar ctbr dll file missing R - URLSearchHook no name - b df Mouse causing in game CPU spikes - - - a - cebb e b - no file R - URLSearchHook YTNavAssist YTNavAssistPlugin Class - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTNavAssist dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - C PROGRA Crawler Toolbar ctbr dll file missing O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll file missing O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll file missing O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files x BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll O - Toolbar amp Crawler Toolbar - B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - C PROGRA Crawler Toolbar ctbr dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

So this has always been happening for more than a year and I'm just sick of it, so I'll be playing Battlefield 4 and my fps will be smooth then my fps goes down to 15-10 for 30 seconds ( this happens in all games I have) or more then goes back to normal.
I have water cooling and 3 fans that I just cleaned but it still lags. This happens with other game you name it, I defraged my computer, I did virus scans but still nothing. I have 8 GB of RAM, for a graphics card I have the AMD R9 280 and for my processor
I have the AMD FX 8320, which are pretty okay specs so I don't see a problem running battlefield, I change the graphic settings but it still doesn't do anything. Please help me I don't know why my fps drops.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/918a4b0a-7479-492f-85a6-2e5bc35fa69b/fps-drops-in-every-game?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey I recently installed Windows x Build and I'm now having problems with the fps in drops FPS game. in games such as WoW I really want your opinion about this since I'm used to fps on WoW when running Windows xp Since I'm new to Windows FPS drops in game. I installed the new ATI Radeon Catalyst And I'm now wondering if there's a problem with the drivers or if - fps on WoW is common in Windows Something that I've noticed on my CPU Meter gadget is that the usage of CPU power is kinda high even when doing fairly easy tasks So do you guys think that may be the problem So what I want to know is if there's anyone else out there who's been having fps problems with WoW or pretty much games in general And yeah now that I think about it I had some problems fetching drivers for my motherboard Can that be one possible reason for the draining of CPU power Thanks in advance 'EDIT' Just check my public profile here on the forums for my system specs if needed

A:FPS drops in game.

Check task manager to see what is utilizing your CPU. If you have a process using a lot of cycles, it could be one explanation why you getting lower framerate.

You should definitely install your chipset drivers:

(Double check this is the right one -D2175-Axx)

Downloads - Support - Fujitsu Siemens Computers

Install them using Compatibility mode if need be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/5654-fps-drops-game.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Games League of Legends mainly but other games affected as well PC Major in drops FPS game Specs ik its not the best Intel core i - GHz CPUs GHz GB Ram NVIDIA GeForce GS Dual Monitor Setup If anymore info required please let me know What I ve done tried Reinstalling the game Updating my drivers Stress testing my PC only thing lacking according to the test was my GPUs capability in D and my hard-drive was lacking slightly tested all my hardware except PSU as im not sure how to do that Hey everyone I ve recently been have major fps drops in Major FPS drops in game online games I ve stress tested my computer several times and also tested all my hardware but nothing seems wrong besides the GPU which I ll talk about in a sec I used to run on fps no problem and I ve tried messing around with graphic settings in game and in graphic card control panel but nothing seems to work Also my ping is not an issue as it is a solid - along with what used to be FPS Now the GPU I played a game of bots and saw that it was overheating quite a bit degrees Celsius but I had no FPS drops whatsoever but if were to go into an online match with that temperature I d drop from FPS to about - FPS These FPS drops last about minutes dropping from to around - and then it resumes to FPS for a good minute and back to - and also this only occurs after at least minutes of gameplay If anyone knows a fix or anything related please let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-fps-drops-in-game.218564/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey First of all I m sorry if this question was already asked but I couldn t think of a way of searching for it Okay I ve been noticing that EVERY single game I play I get like seconds on extremely smooth performance but then like seconds of ridiculously low FPS like frames per second It doesn t matter if it s an old game or a new game it always happens My specs Mobo Asus M N-VM DVI Proc AMD X Ghz RAM Gb VGA Mb GF Gt w latest drivers OS Win XP Pro -It s not the games as it happens on every game old or new randomly even at menus and stuff -It s not the temperature as it is Challenge: long on horrendous EVERY GAME spikes Solved: lag around C which is fine -Not the power supply mine is Real Watts -Not a background processes issue nothing is consuming neither RAM or CPU For example with Prototype running the CPU Usage is around and the Commit Charge around M Any help would be very huh helpful Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi So after recently fixing my issue with my laptop freezing and buzzing I decided to move my laptop into my bedroom so i can game alone It all worked great for the first couple of days but After those days I keep getting large ping spikes from to which unfortunately while they last for a just a few seconds are continuous My router was about meters away from my laptop so that obviously explained the lag so today I moved my router closer Now the router is only about meters away When the Large in ping CS:GO, the spikes making game unplayable ping spikes it will spike to about - but thats still really bad for gaming I've tried a lot of tweaks all of them were partial fixes they fixed my ping for day then the next day it was back and even after re-applying the fix my ping rarely gets fixed I've tried Disabling network performance throttling through the registry Partial fix next day the problem persisted WLAN Optimizer Downloads-WLAN Optimizer - Optimize wireless gaming audio and video streaming partial fix once again TCP Optimizer Probably the most effective out of all tweak I've done to my computer to encounter this issue it really really helps but today it doesnt seem to be very helpful With TCP optimizer my ping gets stabilized to - which I love It says there until I quit my game For some reason lets say I quit my game If I come back after say minutes the ping problems are back And in order to fix them I have to reboot and even use the optimizer again with the same settings even though it overwrites the same settings and values it seems to be helping sometimes I tried optimizing TCP optimzer through a video tutorial I'm not too sure about what I should say Spectating the fabulous ping cant even use voice chat Playing semi-stable ping sometimes spiking to Speedtest result ISP OTE EDIT Here's me pinging one of the servers I play on with cmd exe the ping is ridiculously stable However it's nothing like this when I connect to it through the game Through the game when my ping spikes I see plenty of choke and a bit of loss in net graph

A:Large ping spikes in CS:GO, making the game unplayable

I'm guessing this could be a problem with my upload speed since its utter crap, but if you could help then I'd really appreciate it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361434-large-ping-spikes-cs-go-making-game-unplayable.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone I m posting this thread because I am having a problem with lag in every single game multi or lag game Getting I any player. play, in single spikes I ve played on my comp even low end games like Starcraft Although the lag is not as bad as it is in more graphical games I ll start a game up depending on how graphical it is it will start getting lag spikes about minutes into playing that will last a good - seconds and Getting lag spikes in any game I play, single or multi player. my fps goes WAYYY down into the single digits and my ping rises This will continue to happen every five Getting lag spikes in any game I play, single or multi player. minutes or so I have taken it to the guy who built my computer and left it there over night a while ago and he told me that my Windows XP is running slow So he told me he could re install it for bucks since he didn Getting lag spikes in any game I play, single or multi player. t give me a copy of XP or I could buy a copy of it for I m kinda hesistating on wether or not I should take it in or not and spend that much if there s something I could do on my own that would fix it for free I am curious as to if what he said is true or not because I don t think that you re comp is suppose to crap out two months after buying it Specially one that s built for gaming I ve scanned my comp over times with the latest and most up to date version of Norton since I get it for free with my ISP and also with another virus scanner program called Threatfire that my friend showed me They both come up with nothing wrong no viruses or anything I ve used spybot S amp D and Hijack this as well and nothing out of the ordinary I ve put up with this for the past two months hoping it would subside but it hasn t If you guys know anything that I could do on my own to fix my computer please tell me This also happense even when I m not playing a game my msn will lock up or other things will Thanks If you can please move this to the gaming thread if this doesn t belong here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-lag-spikes-in-any-game-i-play-single-or-multi-player.776790/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, im really desperate, i bought a brand new PC and as i started playing i noticed that i am getting huge FPS drops in every single game(from 300 to 50), well i tried alot but nothing actually works, i would be really really really glad if some of you guys could help me out, my PC specs are these:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 4.20GHZ
Ram: DDR 16GB
GPU: GeForce GTX960
Opsystem: Win10
and my monitor is connected with a hdmi cable with my pc, sincerly looking forward to your suggestions guys..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-fps-drops-in-every-game-with-high-end-pc.1166558/
Relevancy 55.47%

So ive had the Lenovo Y50 70 touch for a while and it worked perfectly when i first got it but now im having problems with my laptop, its being buggy and the screen filckers! Also when Im playing a game (CS:GO) I went from playing to the highest settings to playing with really shi*ty settings (really crazy fps drops!) . Please help! I might replace this laptop for an alienware but im trying to save money. HELP ASAP!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/FPS-DROPS-IN-GAME-AND-FLICKERING-HELP-Lenovo-Y50-70-touch/td-p/3319028
Relevancy 55.47%

So a couple of days I go I bought a Zotac Ti I used to run on a MSI Ti but needed a upgrade I plugged my main screen into the the Ti HDMI and the rest of the screens into the Ti I set the Ti card as a PhysX dedicated card After bootup I quickly noticed that something was wrong Whenever I was playing a YouTube video the general FPS of everything that happened on my PC went down Moving windows on the screen was not smooth at all and not enjoyable FPS huge Game Windows drops and I tried launching a Windows and Game huge FPS drops game and the FPS is not how a Ti should run it The game I tried was Elder Scrolls Online which is a not too demanding game The frames there jums from to all the time and everything between I then tried to disable the PhysX dedication and it did no difference I also tried to restart the PC with the secondary card disabled and this fixed the problems Windows and Game huge FPS drops but I need all screens and the Ti only have HDMI output Also the Start menu on Win lags whenever I open it or close it even if NOTHING is running on the PC videos or games or any programs The PC got a fresh reinstall of Windows when I installed the new card so there is no malicious software on the PC Does anyone know how this can be fixed PC Specs CPU Intel i - GPU Nvidia GTX Ti GTX Ti RAM GB HyperX Beast M B MSI Big Bang XPowerII Windows runs on SSD nbsp

A:Windows and Game huge FPS drops

You cannot have two different video cards installed simultaneously. If you want to install two video cards, they need to have the same GPU and be run in SLI/Crossfire.

Try installing just the 980Ti or just the MSI 780Ti and see if things improve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, here is a comparison of high-end GPUs as you seem interested in them: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-and-game-huge-fps-drops.1150580/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello. One month ago I bought lenovo y700 with 16 GB RAM, Intel i7 6700 HQ and Nvidia Geforce 960m. So, in every game i have a problem with dropping fps. For example when I play in Battlefield 4 the fps are gonna down from 80 to 55. In Witcher 3 from 45 to 24. Is a some solution for this?

A:Lenovo Y700 Fps drops in every game

Most likely the common side effect when it started getting the GPU warmed up. Lots of threads if you search. If your room is quite warm it only aggravates this.I don't think you'll ever be completely free of this happening on this series. from what i have read.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GBZ70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Window 8.1 64bit FHD 17.3 inch Display, Nvidia G840 w/2GB memory

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Fps-drops-in-every-game/td-p/3375950
Relevancy 55.47%

As the title says my sound drops whenever I play a game on my PC so I turn the volume up amp mins later it blasts out because the sound has game during Sound play drops reset or is back to its normal level This seems to happen is every game I use a Realtek Onboard HD as my sound but I also went and bought Sound drops during game play a Soundcard Speedlink Stage and it did the same issue I then installed the Speedlink into my wifes other quad core PC amp it is working fine not a single issue or drop I have ever asked some Sound drops during game play tech guys who said it may be my AV or programs like quot Steam quot running in the background but the wife uses quot Steam quot also with zero effects we both use the same AV security COMODO Internet Security Sound drops during game play and again she has no problems I use Cambridge soundworks speakers as does the missus Is it my new i k I know there was problems with Intel Thank you in advance Wee Snowy Scotland UK Edit I ran HwinInfo that I found here and I have drivers under quot Audio quot could this be my problem Audio Adapter Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B And a Audio Adapter nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Thanks again

A:Sound drops during game play

Quote: Originally Posted by Wee Snowy

Is it my new i7 (2600k)? I know there was problems with Intel.

No problems with intel that I've heard of that haven't been fixed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wee Snowy

I have 2 drivers under "Audio"

Audio Adapter: Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B3]

And a...

Audio Adapter: nVIDIA GF114 - High Definition Audio Controller

No, nvidia is the audio for your HDMI. From the GPU to the monitor.

It could be a broken jack or wire. Try plugging different speakers into your computer and then try plugging your speakers into a different audio source, if you can

If you think you can, you can look up drivers for both of those devices and make sure you have the most up to date ones. Your motherboard will require all its updates, as well as you video card, and your sound card. But before all this, run windows update to see if there is any important updates you need and any "optional" compatability updates or updates to the windows system. You never know, it could help

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/195344-sound-drops-during-game-play.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having a very annoying and obtrusive issue with random hiccups or mini freeze and assist! Game hiccups gamers Savvy spikes. please freezes while Game hiccups and freeze spikes. Savvy gamers please assist! playing all my games Hopefully one of you will feel like racking your brain and help a fellow gamer out Most recently Diablo Heroes of the Storm and GTA It doesn t matter what graphics quality I set each to every couple minutes I get a complete freeze for maybe second where the fps drops to - While seemingly random it is consistently happening anywhere between - minutes apart All other game time is a solid fps or more I monitored MSI Afterburner and noticed sharp spikes to GPU usage on the graph Temps on both GPU and CPU cores seem reasonable and I ran an Intel CPU stress test passed and a Furmark GPU stress test no issues I guess I just don t know where to look or what steps I could take I have already reformatted my SSD and reinstalled Windows x a couple times tried the latest Nvidia drivers and checked if there were issues with the titles I have been trying I don t have other parts I can swap with to test if it is the GPU CPU RAM MOBO or whatever else so it is very frustrating There s no doubt there are countless threads regarding similar issues I m experiencing but mine seems strange enough Hopefully you can point me in the right direction My current setup is as follows GPU Gigabyte GTX CPU I - K GHZ RAM G Skill Ripjaws x gb MOBO Gigabyte z x-sli PSU EVGA B Here s a screenshot of all the hiccups shown in MSI Afterburner My gpu drops to usage for each of them as shown http s postimg org uum bc o msi results jpg nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Tech Support Guy Forum!
This is my first post, so i am very sorry if i make any mistakes.
Straight to the point: I have about 2 year old computer, that as far as i remember used to run pretty smoothly. I can't tell the exact date when it started, but right now it is very obvious, since it happens every time when i try to play any game. For example: I turn on CS:GO and in first few minutes - FPS: 300, then after some time it drops to around 100 FPS. I have latest drivers, my GPU temps and usages are all good when gaming, i clean my computer every day and i have ran multiple virus scanning programs.
System Specs:
GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti 4GB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Screen Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Looking for help

A:Solved: Frame drops in any game after ~10 minutes

Hi and welcome to TSG.

You have missed one of the most important parts for a gaming machine ... the power supply. What is the exact make, model and wattage of yours?

What is the make, model and revision of the motherboard?

Is this a prebuilt system like a HP, Dell, Acer etc or a self / custom build? If it's prebuilt what is the make and model and has any hardware been changed or upgraded?

You say the temps are OK, but what exactly are they? What software are you using to check them? I ask as it is quite common for people to say their temps etc are OK when infact they are not Not saying this is the case for you but always good to check.

What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?

What do you mean by you 'clean your computer every day'? Do you mean physically cleaning it inside and out or do you mean software clean up programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-frame-drops-in-any-game-after-10-minutes.1131002/
Relevancy 55.04%

i got my new lenovo Y-700 around 2 months ago, and since i play league of legends i always get these freezes ,like every 2 minutes i get a freeze for 2-3 secs ,happens in lots of games ,even when graphics are low ,anyone know how to solve this ? i also get the freezes on a game called blade and soul also i did what it says on this topic : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-fps-drops-100-spikes-sshd/td-p/2238...  

A:Fps drops on game called "league of legends " -tri...

has nothing to do with the sshd it mostly that the computer throttle when you reach 65-67 degree  and it shouldnt.Look at your temperature its basicly lenovo that put that setting in the bios and wont let us change it.Mostly likely you will spike in every game that is a lil demanding.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Fps-drops-on-game-called-quot-league-of-legends-quot-tried/td-p/3301129
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone I have a problem and I would be very happy if fps Programs and game responding,critical not a in drops more.. of someone could help me Recently i bought this laptop a really powerful machine for its price Lenovo Programs not responding,critical drops of fps in a game and more.. Y - if u want to know the specs However I'm experiencing problems already When I started the laptop for the first time it started windows for Programs not responding,critical drops of fps in a game and more.. about seconds Later on the windows startup time started increasing The laptop i bought actually came with a Windows OS which i didn't like much and changed it to Windows Proffesional bit First the game I'm playing World of Tanks is a buggy game and i still run it with - fps on high settings At first i entered the battle - seconds after the loading screen Programs not responding,critical drops of fps in a game and more.. with around seconds to quot prepare to battle quot while the countdown stops and now i enter sometimes - minutes later which is ridiculous because the game is only minutes long and an average battle is minutes Also today when after loading ridiculously slow the fps meter was showing me - fps and it was so buggy Second windows is really slow and programs dont respond Im sure of that because a lot of times it just shows me that when i click on them because they kind of freeze and i want to see whats happening Also the mouse is not working smoothly enough which is an indicator of something being wrong either with the operating system or the hardware Thanks in advance I would really appreciate if you could help me Edit - I really wish this was a game issue but it apparently isn't

A:Programs not responding,critical drops of fps in a game and more..

it sounds to me like there could be a bunch of spyware and or malware and or adware cluttering the system; as those 3 things or any one of them at all can slow the system down quite a bit. I would download and install and run the following programs to try and clean things up a bit and hopefully speed things up as well:

Downloading AdwCleaner

SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloading File

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam/

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/352572-programs-not-responding-critical-drops-fps-game-more.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've set up my router to allow players to join the game, download and everything goes fine, but once the game actually starts, all players(Save for myself, of course) are dropped from the game. Makes for bad games, lemme tell ya.

I've looked online for an answer, through forums, used search on this forum, and haven't found anything. Seems my problem is unique, go me. -.-

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Letherial.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-3-hosting-drops-at-game-start.641267/
Relevancy 54.18%

Please help me guys I am playing a very old game Burnout Paradise is a old year old racing video game I have a very powerful and capable computer to run a year old game Just check my system specs I have a MSI R X Twin Frozr GB This card is a beast at running an year old game old and year drops frames. Game Please 8 1440p Playing Help, at When I played Burn out Paradise at p the game was dropping frames below fps but was getting above Please Help, Playing 8 year old Game at 1440p and drops frames. fps This is a weird issue because the GTX has similar performance to the R X In this video this person has a GTX and is playing Burnout Paradise at p fps no problem Has the exact same Please Help, Playing 8 year old Game at 1440p and drops frames. settings as me all max settings So I assume this is Please Help, Playing 8 year old Game at 1440p and drops frames. a driver issue with the R X What drivers do I need to download so Burnout Paradise will play better Also the audio is messed up too Burnout Paradise is the only game that is giving me audio problems I hear a buzzing noise from my monitor speakers whenever I play Burnout Paradise I know there is nothing wrong with the monitor speakers My monitor is the Acer H HU

A:Please Help, Playing 8 year old Game at 1440p and drops frames.

BTW here is the video of a person playing Burnout Paradise at 1440p with a GTX 960.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHSx5oVkc0

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/390309-please-help-playing-8-year-old-game-1440p-drops-frames.html
Relevancy 54.18%

recently when I try to play games I will experience random lag spikes at regular intervals. After reinstalling windows and reformatting everything it still does this.

Any idea what this is or how to fix it?

A:random lag spikes.

If it's an online game it might be your internet and if it's not, it might be your graphic card, processor or harddrive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-lag-spikes-308054.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been experiencing random lag spikes for the past few months now At first it only started with high demanding games then little demanding games were having the same problems and now the bubbles as my screen saver is having random lag spikes With games this occurs for mins then it goes off for - mins then it resumes once again to another min lag spike I tried looking for processes that are spikes Random help plz lag turned on during the lag spikes but i haven't noticed anything yet I really need help for this I cannot play any games with this And i would like to thank the people who try to help me example When i play this game called roblox i will be looking at the cpu usage Random lag spikes plz help and the networking usage When the lag spike occurs i notice that the roblox usage of the cpu will go down and not higher I also notice sometimes during the random lag spikes that the networking will go up really REALLY high I Random lag spikes plz help used the resource monitor to notice all Random lag spikes plz help of this Please help me

A:Random lag spikes plz help

I use game booster 1.6, it shuts down programs that run in the background while gaming..
Download - IObit (scroll down to 1.6)
theres a newer version out, but I don't think it's as good, everytime you turn it on, it will ask you if you want the new version, i click no..
the 1st time you use it click the "configure" link...check all and "remember", give it a try it's free and may help...

good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-lag-spikes-plz-help-552840.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop has random graphics card spikes and I cant seem to find what is causing it. It doesn't seem to affect any games, it just makes the fan start and stop every other second which is pretty annoying.

A:Random GPU spikes

The latest version of Sysinternals Process Explorer will show GPU usage by process.

CTRL+I to get the System Information dialog and select the GPU tab. Mouse-over the spike in the graph and it will tell you which process was responsible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/190053-random-gpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been experiencing random lag spikes for the past few months now. At first it only started with high demanding games then little demanding games were having the same problems and now the bubbles as my screen saver is having random lag spikes. With games this occurs for 5 mins then it goes off for 5-10 mins then it resumes once again to another 5 min lag spike. I tried looking for processes that are turned on during the lag spikes but i haven't noticed anything yet. I really need help for this ! I cannot play any games with this. And i would like to thank the people who try to help me and sorry if this is the wrong section to post this topic.

A:Random lag spikes plz help

Keep an eye on the Resource Monitor during spike periods -
START | type perfmon /res

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-lag-spikes-plz-help-552721.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys. This is my first post here so... here it goes.

Lately I've been getting extreme FPS spikes in the games I've always played. Nothing too extreme hardware wise (Minecraft, CSS, TF2, SC2). This came to me after a recent email from blizzard telling me my WoW account had been hacked. So after multiple virus sweeps and program uninstalls I had thought i removed everything harmful from my computer.

Alas... I still cant play tf2 for more than 6 normal minutes without one of these giant fps spikes.
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop crashed about a month ago so i started using a different computer and i get random lag spikes when doing anything from sitting at the desktop to playing games or even surfing the web. I have tried viruses scans, overclocking, and updates but nothing has worked my specs are

Vista Ult 32bit
AMD 2.71GHz dual core processor
4GB RAM
ATI 5670 sapphire radeon HD 512MB graphics card
300GB HDD

A:Random cpu Spikes

You must know a bit if you are trying overclocking to fix a problem.
Try simple things first like a system file check.
open Task Manager,processes, click memory and see what is using all your resources.

System Files - SFC Command

Tutorial thanks to Brink

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291247-random-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I Spikes Random CPU recently got this new laptop and everything was working fine Installed and played games applications no problem However this week it has started randomly spiking to very high CPU often going to CPU with very few programs running I Random CPU Spikes tried searching and the only suggestions I could find were to check for the process hogging all the CPU However this is where I have the problem the process list has programs which are at CPU and then suddenly dart up to - then back down again Granted they are generally the same programs but it seems strange that more than one program would constantly fluctuate its CPU usage causing the games I used to play fine to become stuttery and unplayable I have seen explorer exe jump up and down AVG and firefox as well as even task manager itself Taking some advice from another thread I tried starting my laptop in safe mode and this seemed to help I could open firefox for example without going above CPU I m not sure what this means however Suspecting malware I also scanned with Spybot and removed cookies but I doubt this is the cause - removing them had no effect anyway This problem may also be related to the time it takes my computer to boot up - even with gigs of RAM it still boots slower than my dad s laptop which has gig of RAM and the same version of vista My slow bootup time I can live with as long as my computer becomes relatively stable once it is finally usable Thanks for your help Joe PS My full laptop specs are in my profile but if I ve missed anything please feel free to ask nbsp

A:Random CPU Spikes

lilbabydino said:

Taking some advice from another thread, I tried starting my laptop in safe mode and this seemed to help; I could open firefox for example without going above 10% CPU. I'm not sure what this means however.Click to expand...

When you boot in Safe Mode, it limits the services and startup programs to the bare minimum. If you could run in Safe Mode without any issues then something starting up may be causing the problem.

You can check what applications are starting up by going to Start > Run and entering:

msconfig

The Startup tab should list the applications you have coming up at boot. You can do the same for services by entering the following at Start > Run:

services.msc

Again you can try disabling ones that aren't critical to see if you get any better results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-cpu-spikes.842287/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've had this computer for about a year and until about days ago it was working perfectly Not sure what happened but now I'll get random CPU spikes up to for a Spikes CPU Random to 100% few seconds for no reason obvious to me When I get a spike everything freezes up for - seconds such Random CPU Spikes to 100% as the cursor typing in word streaming music etc and then goes back to normal I'm wondering if I picked up some malware or if something else is wrong I've tried a disk defrag virus scan with AVG free edition and shutting down some of the startup processes without any luck Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Log below ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Option MBR scan is disabled Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Astaro Astaro SSL VPN Client bin openvpn-gui exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSyncHelper exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA RINGCE RINGCE RCUI exe C PROGRA RINGCE RINGCE RCHotKey exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks A BC A - F - -AA - D C - lt orphaned gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar B C- C F- BF -B - A - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper AE CD -E - f- - EE - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO SmartSelect Class F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB lt No Name gt E DF BFF- A - EB -A - ED E D - LocalServer - lt no file gt TB Adobe PDF -D C - - FA - E EAAC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB AVG Security Toolbar B C- C F- BF -B - A - uRun RCUI c progra ringce ringce RCUI exe uRun RCHotKey c progra ringce ringce RCHotKey exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun open... Read more

A:Random CPU Spikes to 100%

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please restart the computer before running this security check..Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.p.s.If the SecurityCheck program fails to run for any reason, run it as an Administrator.===Please paste the logs in your next reply, DO NOT ATTACH THEMLet me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501898/random-cpu-spikes-to-100/
Relevancy 54.18%

for the last month or so i ve been experienceing Huge Fps lag when playing wow or deus ex fallout tactics etc i ve had this computor for about a year and a Random lag spikes FPS half and have never had any fps issue with any games i ve Random FPS lag spikes played on it i can play comfortable for anywhere between minites - and hour with - fps then have a sudden drop to - fps Random FPS lag spikes with no reason that i can notcice i have updated my drivers and yesterday i restored my pc back to factory in a last ditch hope to solve it myself and after re-installing wow i was able to play for seconds before i hit lag as i said before i ve had the pc for a year and a half and never had any fps issues here are my specifications Scer Aspire X Windows Home premium bit Os AMD Athlon II X processor GHz GB RAM i ve got a nvidia graphics card thingy but i m not sure which one or how to find out which one sorry Any help would be appreciated as i m apt to throw my computor at the orphans Thank Chris nbsp

A:Random FPS lag spikes

Just a quick note:

Run "DxDiag", "accept WHQL-signatures", go to the third tab up on the left - called "Monitor" or "Screen" or "Graphics" or something like that.

At this tab, you can see what GPU you have.
If you restored the PC to factory settings, but still experience lag, then this is at least not software-related.

- Have you re-installed the graphics drivers?

--------------------

The Acer Aspire X1301 I looked up on Google was a stationary PC, so I'm expecting that your PC is a stationary model.

You should check the CPU temperature in your BIOS, and if it doesn't void any kind of warranty, you should also check (only see, don't touch) the inside of your PC.
- Is it "very" dusty? Like a 1mm film of dust everywhere or equivalent?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-fps-lag-spikes.166369/
Relevancy 54.18%

firstly, thanks for taking the time to look at this.

i'm running Vista Home 32-bit on a Toshiba Satellite with 2x AMD turion 2.2ghz processor, running a integrated ATi Radeon x1200 graphics card.

my problem is that every few seconds my PC suffers from a quick CPU spike that lags the PC's frame rate, but not sound.
I've tried running safe mode and this problem does not happen, which says to me that it's a driver problem. i've checked through Windows and my drivers are all up to date and i have problems updating my graphics drivers manually from the website.

the spikes arn't a major problem for generally use but it makes reaction based gaming (FPS for example) incredibly hard.

i've also tried:
? checkdisk
? sfc /scannow
? defragmantation
?virus scans
and some other possible "solutions" i've found across the web.

Thanks for reading this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Vista Forums.

How much Ram and how much graphics ram. I don't know a lot about the ati cards, but from what I'm seeing on the net, this is a low end card. What is the problem with updating the graphics driver? Do the spikes occur when not running the game?

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/224353-random-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

well it's not really bandwith lag.. but like every 10-15 seconds i get a quick.. spike which delays everything for about one second.. this only happens when i run games and yes this happens on all my games. here is my dxdiag info attachment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for some reason my system restore points are gone, so that's out of the question.
i appreciate whatever help you give me.

-Koldren

A:random lag spikes

do you have the latest directx version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-lag-spikes.525031/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi, i have a wmp54g and a wrt54g
on my recieving computer, i randomly recieve like half-second spikes
if i do a ping -t google.com, approximately every 30-45 seconds
it will say "request timed out" only once, rarely it will do it twice in a row
what would be some good ways to reduce these spikes?
i love playing team fortress 2, but the spikes commonly interfere with my playing

Relevancy 54.18%

I have been having since I got this computer in September. Whenever I play games, I get these huge lag spikes, usually but not limited to game cut sences. The audio also lags and sounds quite demonic. Usually a second before the spike hits, the fan starts to spin faster. I have an i7 processor with an nvidia geforce graphic cards and 8 GB of RAM. Any help is appreciated.

A:Random Lag Spikes

pieterb wrote:I have been having since I got this computer in September. Whenever I play games, I get these huge lag spikes, usually but not limited to game cut sences. The audio also lags and sounds quite demonic. Usually a second before the spike hits, the fan starts to spin faster. I have an i7 processor with an nvidia geforce graphic cards and 8 GB of RAM. Any help is appreciated.When was the last time you dissembled and cleaned out the insides of the computer? Also you sure those lags/spikes are coming from your A/V running scans? Sometimes A/V will cause lags/Spikes...and disappear and come back again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Random-Lag-Spikes/td-p/4796502
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer will experience random spikes of lag. In task manager, the CPU Usage will spike from 0-2% to 12% for awhile. When I am playing a game it will stop, everything will freeze completely. On Armagetron advanced there is FPS in the top right corner, this will change from an avg. of about 59 and go to around 19 or less during these spikes of lag. I have tried cleaning my registery, game booster, pulling out the RAM for a few minutes or so, and uninstalling programs. I have set the priority on my games to high but that also made no difference. I am at a total loss. I would deeply appreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-spikes-of-lag.1061086/
Relevancy 54.18%

days ago I started getting random lag spikes in all my games even though internet connection if perfectly fine Multiple speed tests were at around mbps I use ATT however in games such as counter strike source I would frequently and randomly have a lag spike and in the case of css would get a sudden rise in choke from to ish then it drops back down to no loss to little loss during the choke psike This also happens in games such as guild wars where I would get frequent random lag spikes where my ping would skyrocket from a to But then it would revert back to a non-lagging state randomly for a few seconds-minutes I scanned my comp for viruses but didnt find any Although I use Lag Random spikes a router my internet connection is not wireless There s no problems downloading or watching videos but it only occurs in games I can t figure out the problem During the lag spikes I also attempted to load a website and the website loaded at normal speed even though the game was still in Random Lag spikes a lag spike Can any help me out thx in advance nbsp

A:Random Lag spikes

go to www.pingtester.net and look at your results. as for me, I'm having a similar situation. every 7 seconds, I have a lag spike from 10-40ms to 1000+. every 7 seconds... just like Ol' Faithful. (cept in a shorter amount of time.. -.-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-lag-spikes.837220/
Relevancy 54.18%

For the past week and a half or so I've been getting random CPU spikes at 100% which renders my computer unusable for 5-7 seconds.

I found the culprit in task manager and it appears as though it's Kaspersky. It's called avp.exe. When I right-click and open the folder to where that .exe is located it takes me to the Kaspersky folder.

Does anyone know what I should do? I uninstalled Malwarebytes, (free version), thinking this was the problem but it's not as I just had another spike.

Does anyone have any advice? This makes me feel sick inside.

It's possible Kapersky is having a bad reaction to another program. Or it could just be a corrupt file. Uninstall Kapersky and Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/79477-random-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Just recently I've been noticing these spikes since they have become more dominant then ever :3 are me Random Spikes These Please, CPU on getting I first started noticing a problem after I wasn't able to select multiple icons with the Ctrl key and left click technique and that lead to Please, These Random CPU Spikes are getting on me :3 this constant Please, These Random CPU Spikes are getting on me :3 typing lag It seems like the spikes are increasing with shorter intervals S So let me know what I have to Print Screen in order to help you guys help me any help would be appreciated to solve this nuisance Just so you know this is a custom built pc I also I should mention that my previous GirlFriend has indeed installed key loggers on my pc before One by the name of Desktopshark wow just by writing that out guess what just popped out on the screen THE DAMN KEY LOGGER O O Well I hope this will solve my issues from now on Here's a screen shot what a stab on the back from her I thought I got rid of the first two I can only imagine when she installed this one

A:Please, These Random CPU Spikes are getting on me :3

Maybe the cpu spikes are from the keylogger. You could Try uninstalling it and see if their is any difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/109288-please-these-random-cpu-spikes-getting-me-3-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I read Spikes CPU Random some previous posts on the forums about some other people having some CPU spiking problems and noticed that there problems were close to mine but I never really Random CPU Spikes found a solution to my problem so I figured I would ask for myself Alright im running Windows Vista -Bit and roughly every - seconds I get a spike on Core where it spikes to about and causes windows Random CPU Spikes to lag for a sec It causes a lag spike in anything I am doing Gaming videos music chatting skype Anything the computer will lag in for a moment The lag spike lasts about a half a second but every - seconds im sure how you can see how that gets annoying So here are some pictures for you to look at and determine what my problem might be Another thing is that everything I do on my computer is rediculously slow Booting takes Random CPU Spikes about - minutes loading GUI's takes a good - seconds www theprogamers com TesTinG cores jpg www theprogamers com TesTinG processes jpg www theprogamers com TesTinG log txt www theprogamers com TesTinG cpuz while jpg www theprogamers com TesTinG cpuz not jpg If you need anymore information just let me know and I will be more than happy to provide you with more information

Relevancy 53.75%

Recently I have been experiencing cpu usage lag spikes while browsing on Firefox I when usage/lag Firefox CPU 3 using spikes dont think it has anything to do with Flash like the similar cases I ve encountered Ive observed task manager while browsing and I saw CPU usage/lag spikes when using Firefox 3 that firefox exe would use from - cpu normally but would have sudden jumps to - arbitrarily and when I m CPU usage/lag spikes when using Firefox 3 typing in a field like i m doing now during these spikes letters would not appear on the screen as im typing but a bunches of them would appear after a pause of about - seconds these spikes happen about every seconds or so Also whenever I move to a new page i would get about seconds of cpu lockup or lag i can t click type anything in the browser before I could continue browsing normally This isn t the case with IE However I have noticed that it takes a bit longer for my computer to boot than I remember Im not quite sure though Otherwise my computer has been running fine Could this be a problem with my computer If so is it a problem with firefox thats fixable or possibly a virus malware problem i haven t been able to detect What would be the best course of action to fix this problem Thanks in advance everyone I would really appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:CPU usage/lag spikes when using Firefox 3

While awaiting an expert?s reply here, you can also try the FireFox support forum, which specializes on it:

Code:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38
For existing answers on your issue, you can also search that forum for ?Firefox 3 memory usage? and ?Firefox 3 CPU usage?. I did as a test, and it produced lots of relevant threads.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-usage-lag-spikes-when-using-firefox-3.122943/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently installed Firefox 3.6.6, and ever since I have been getting huge CPU usage spikes -- up to nearly 50% on one core. These spikes occur about once every ten seconds. When the spike occurs, any action in my browser is delayed a second or two, resulting in annoying lags during scrolling and typing.

I already changed the browser:sessionstore:interval setting in about:config... anybody have any ideas what else the browser could be doing every ten seconds that would produce this aggravating lag? Thanks!

A:Firefox CPU Usage Spikes

I've got specs similar to yours, and I don't have this problem with Firefox. Hmm... Since you "recently" installed it, you don't have any addons yet, right?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/96537-firefox-cpu-usage-spikes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I seem to have a similar problem as the following person:
CPU Spikes - HJT Log.

I experience random bouts of 1-2 seconds cpu spikes where my cpu would spike from 5-10% to 100% and causes audio and video interruptions. These spikes seem to happen regardless of what I am doing, whether i'm playing games or just reading random wikipedia articles. No program appears to change CPU usage during the spikes.

I've already tried many different suggestions found online including:
Changing my minimum and maximum virtual memory to 2x my RAM.
Checking my AC adapter and removing my battery
Changing my HD settings so that it doesn't idle
Virus scan turns up nothing

I'm new to the forum so I don't all the different logs required. Please bear with me.

Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 53.32%

So I have a Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Mini-PCI Card. I am one floor right below my router and I am getting a 54mbs signal.
On Ventrilo and in game, I keep getting ping spikes, going from 31 (the average ping I got before the problems) into the hundreds. I can access the internet fine, but the ping spikes make it impossible to play games.
I have tried unplugging my router, then plugging it back in, I've done the Windows repair connection thing several times. Nothing seems to work.
I also tried using the Windows connection repair on my main computer which has the router connected to it and it got stuck and failed at "Clearing NetBT"
I dont know if thats related or not but just some more info.

What can I do?

A:Getting Random Ping Spikes?

The netbt error really doesn't matter. You can go into tcp/ip properties/wins tab and set netbios to disabled but again this error doesn't matter.

You are assuming the issue is between your pc and the router. That ignores the entire internet which very well may be the issue.

First make sure you are virus and spyware free. They can be sending causing the spikes.

Next connect your pc directly to the modem [not router] and run your ping tests again.

If clear the problem is your router. Clear the config AFTER you have copied down the wan settings. Then rebuild the config. If still no go with the router in place replace the router

If no go still with just the modem call your isp and get a line test done. Problem is now beyond anything you can touch/control.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-random-ping-spikes.721147/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Recently Ive been haveing problems were my computer starts refreshing itself and jitters terribly so badly that I can't listen to music or play games Also my CPU Usage spikes to about - with no applications running Ive already tried looking what process is causing the usage but it doesn't look like anything Here is my log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by naqib on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Spikes Random CPU Usage System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable success -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP Random CPU Usage Spikes - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as naqib exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Random CPU Usage Spikes Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System Random CPU Usage Spikes svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings naqib Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE FCLIOXM dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK naqib exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www runescape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run ePower DMC C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctf... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-cpu-usage-spikes-243885.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My name is Mike and I have just about reached the end of any hope of fixing this problem on my own First off here is some info on my computer Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Processor Intel Dual Core Duo CPU P GHz GHz System CPU spikes usage Help! RANDOM in - Type Windows Vista bit Operating System Now the problem I am experiencing is RANDOM spikes in CPU usage - Help! with my CPU usage It will randomly spike to whether I had programs running or simply idle while looking at my desktop with no other programs running This happens at random times but when it does happen my Windows Task Manager Performance RANDOM spikes in CPU usage - Help! Tab looks a bit like a heart monitor RANDOM spikes in CPU usage - Help! gone mad Spike up one second spike back down the next This affects everything I do including making the little boxes you can draw on the desktop laggy It is frustrating to say the least I have spent all night searching my processes from all users trying to pinpoint the culprit making my CPU usage spike up at random times I decided to look for processes that were randomly shooting to the top of the CPU usage list However upon google searching my findings I came up with no solution These include scvhost exe csrss exe HpqToaster exe wmpnetwk exe BLservice exe That is just to name a few However one or more of these may be outliers where the program simply hit a spot where it had to think really hard Again the random spiking occurs completely randomly - as in it matters not whether my firefox is open I have WMP playing music or any other program that I start is running Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes somtimes it lasts for a few seconds but the intervals in between spike episodes range from seconds to hours Regardless whatever this is still decides to slow down everything I try to do on my computer Some anti-virus programs I have downloaded include AVG free edition and Avast Home Edition but they have found nothing Thank you in advance for any help I may recieve -Mike nbsp

A:RANDOM spikes in CPU usage - Help!

To be sure you are clean of malware:
Go to this board, read the first "Sticky" at the top very carefully, then post your HJ log on that board for expert help.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/54-malware...jackthis-logs/
Then post back here if you come up clean and still have issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-spikes-in-cpu-usage-help.808721/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys I know there are similar posts CPU lag random spikes Completelty to this but I'm hoping someone could help me I have a custom built computer which I purchased roughly a year ago Happy to provide specs or msconfig It has been running great up until a couple of months ago It can still run current games on max graphics with no problem however on completely random days the CPU spikes and keeps spiking every - minutes The CPU usage spikes will last approx - seconds and performance will return to normal The thing that has me confused is that one day it will do it and another day it won't I actually had a week where it didn't do it all I initially supsected it was a background program updating itself but I have been unable to find the culprit I have Advanced System Care Pro on my computer and I'm constantly running scans and cleans and according to that everything is fine I then thought maybe it was a hardware issue but that doesn't seem Completelty random CPU lag spikes to be it either The times that I notice it is when I'm playing high end games however the CPU usage monitor for Advanced System Care indicates that it does it when it is idle as well I'm pretty sure I'm correct about a background process program doing it but I am at a loss I really really don't want to have to take it Completelty random CPU lag spikes a shop to get it fixed and have them hand it back to me and say nothing is wrong lol Any ideas Thanks

A:Completelty random CPU lag spikes

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

If you search these forums for Advanced SystemCare Pro, you will find many problems caused by that software. Windows 7 does not need any help from such a tool. Try and get your money back.

If you just really want to keep that software, then please uninstall it while we look for the cause of the CPU spikes.

Download Process Explorer from here:
Process Explorer

There is nothing to install:
Download the zipped (compressed) file
Open the zipped (compressed) file (folder)
Copy the files somewhere
Run the exe as admin
Agree to the EULA

Change the time that apps stay highlighted in the Process Explorer window to 9 seconds:
Options > Difference Highlight Duration

You can start Process monitor and leave it running - or wait until you experience the high CPU usage to open Process Explorer. Watch the lines that are highlighted in green (starting app) and in red (ending app). You can press the space bar (while Process Monitor is in focus) to pause/freeze the updates - then right-click on the row of interest to see various options from the context menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/294269-completelty-random-cpu-lag-spikes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, I recently reformated my computer and unfortunately, I have been reminded of the wireless problem I had in the past that I fixed. The ping on my computer randomly spikes as you can see here: ping

I have went on google and tried basically everything. People have suggested to disable the Windows Zero Config, but I just found that if I disabled it, my wifi would stop working entirely, which defeated the whole purpose. I also tried using WLAN optimizer which again, to no avail.

I am using Bell DSL and I am using a Linksys router but nobody else in my house is having these problems, so I know its my computer. I am not using any anti virus on my computer.

Here is my ipconfig: IPCONFIG

A:Random Ping Spikes

If there were more than just the three lines where there were "spikes", I'd be worried. Considering that there were 14 good times, and one timeout, I think these abberations are nothing more than a busy network, either your router, your net card or the internet. All things considered, they don't look like VERY high ping times, anyhow. Anything less than 300ms has never concerned me, when it happens once in a while.

I'd be more interested in what happens during a stream, like Pandora Internet Radio - Listen to Free Music You'll Love or something similar. Maybe a movie site. Do you use Hulu or Netflix? What kind of performance do you see?

One more note. When you're doing these ping tests, I would have a Task Manager open, and I'd be looking at the Networking tab. Check for other activity during the higher ping times. Other programs checking for updates or Weatherbug-type apps might be busy using the connection during those times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300935-random-ping-spikes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i get some random lag spikes so often for about a month spikes random computer lag now these lag spikes happens in everything browsing playing a video computer random lag spikes game listening to music videos even when im browsing the pc folders but this happens especially when im watching a video or maybe because it is easy to notice i have done everything i could to fix it i will be listing what i did here changed windows to and and now im running win and still got lag spikes tried removing one of the RAM i got and work with only to check the lag spikes and didnt work removed of the hard drives that i got and worked with and didnt work copied my files to a friend s hard drives and formatted all of my the hard drives and deleted volumes and reassigned it then recopied my files still didnt work ran virus scan with kaspersky rescue disk and got some viruses but didnt fix the lag spikes as well ran chkdisk and didnt find anything changed the clock battery on the motherboard downloaded new drivers and installed it nothing worked cleaned the pc out of dust and checked all the fans didnt help as well Edit forgot to mention i live in egypt and we had here alot of power issues power keeps going off so often lately and computer keeps going off by force thats why i suspected a hardware problem but still cant detect the problem PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

A:computer random lag spikes

you should try running error check on the hdd.. right click on the hdd click properties click tools check error checking tab

windows will run the error checking tool as it the machine is restarted and don't touch it till its back at the desktop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-random-lag-spikes.1133273/
Relevancy 53.32%

I m a gamer and recently decided to reformat because of viruses and spyware that were hard to get rid of After reformatting I ve noticed that pop-up windows keep showing up and when I play a game that takes up the whole screen wc starcraft etc something causes me to alt-tab from time to time not a pop-up It s annoying any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files MSN hoxynuji exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM random Solved: spikes! pop-ups and EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files AIM Solved: pop-ups and random spikes! aolsoftware Solved: pop-ups and random spikes! exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings RA Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - HKLM Run - - - C-ZN C DOCUME RA LOCALS Temp thinksnet exe CHD O - HKLM Run hoxynuji C Program Files MSN hoxynuji exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run SystemOptimizer rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system bdysxnad dll quot forkonce O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run StartCCC C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - Startup TA Start lnk C Documents and Settings RA Local Settings Temp thinksnet exe O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com mic ls en x client muweb site cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - https download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF DD C - FD- F D- CE - ABCFAB C - ms-its mhtml file c nores mht http adxtnet net code chm xpre chm xpreload ocx O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service AVG Anti-Sp... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

My laptop runs games pretty good but at random points everything will get insanely laggy and go back to normal. ill be running at 60 fps and itll go all the way down to 2. it does this with every game.

Relevancy 53.32%

Been getiing random pc slowness dont no why ( spikes lag system self) it Random i tried to keep my pc a baremin but now its up to allmost processes i dont no what or so are Random lag spikes ( system it self) help please on whats i Random lag spikes ( system it self) should try and get rid of Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Random lag spikes ( system it self) Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LCDMon exe C Program Files ASUS Asus Probe AsusProb exe C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LCDMon exe quot O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Asus Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Bgolivi rundll exe quot C WINDOWS orecawajuri dll quot Startup O - HKCU Run RocketDock quot C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe quot O - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -Hide O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-lag-spikes-system-it-self.917384/
Relevancy 53.32%

I disconnections spikes and Random Lag have a D-link DIR- router and a wireless N adapter for my Xbox console there are about in total devices connecting to this router of which will be playing online games Xbox and PC and about laptops are on Random Lag spikes and disconnections the internet the rest of the devices are not in use My ISP is Virgin Media and MB connection the issue I m having is that I seem to randomly lag on my Xbox but my brothers PC games work fine as well my my laptop located in the same place and both connecting wirelessly will disconnect from the internet and I ll have to turn the router on and off to resolve the problem yet my brothers computer will not get disconnected it s closer to the router I do have a wireless phone base quite near to my router but I have only started experiencing this problem for the last few months and yet it was fine before and I had changed nothing to the overall setup I ve tried changing channels on my wireless router and it already has a function to find the optimal channel I ve put my in a DMZ and this has made no difference to the random lag Any other ideas Thanks Guys nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-lag-spikes-and-disconnections.145329/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My name is Mike and I have just about reached the end of any hope of fixing this problem on my own First off here is some info on my computer Model usage... spikes in CPU RANDOM HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Processor Intel Dual Core RANDOM spikes in CPU usage... Duo CPU P GHz GHz System Type Windows Vista bit Operating System Now the problem I am experiencing is with my CPU usage It will randomly spike to whether I had programs running or simply idle while looking at my desktop with no other programs running This happens at random times but when it does happen my Windows Task Manager Performance Tab looks a bit like a heart monitor gone mad Spike up one second spike back down the next This affects everything I do including making the little boxes you can draw on the desktop laggy It is frustrating to say the least I have spent all night searching my processes from all users trying to pinpoint the culprit making my CPU usage spike up at random times I decided to look for processes that were randomly shooting to the top of the CPU usage list However upon google searching my findings I came up with no solution These include scvhost exe csrss exe HpqToaster exe wmpnetwk exe BLservice exe That is just to name a few However one or more of these may be outliers where the program simply hit a spot where it had to think really hard Again the random spiking occurs completely randomly - as in it matters not whether my firefox is open I have WMP playing music or any other program that I start is running Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes somtimes it lasts for a few seconds but the intervals in between spike episodes range from seconds to hours Regardless whatever this is still decides to slow down everything I try to do on my computer Some anti-virus programs I have downloaded include AVG free edition and Avast Home Edition but they have found nothing Below is my HJ log Thank you in advance for any help I may recieve -Mike Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Users Mike Program Files x DNA btdna exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files RANDOM spikes in CPU usage... x HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA ... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello My name is Mike and I have just about reached the end of any hope of fixing this problem on my own First off here is some info on my computer Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Processor Intel Dual Core Duo CPU P GHz GHz System Type Windows Vista bit Operating System Now the problem I am experiencing is with my CPU usage It will randomly spike to whether I had programs running or simply idle while looking at my desktop with no other programs running This happens at random times but when it does happen my Windows Task Manager Performance Tab looks a bit like a heart monitor gone mad Spike up one second spike back down the next This affects everything I do including making the little boxes you can draw CPU spikes, usage Help! RANDOM on the desktop laggy It is frustrating to say the least I have spent all night searching my processes from all users trying to pinpoint the culprit making my CPU usage spike up at random times I decided to look for processes that were randomly shooting to the top of the CPU usage list However upon google searching my findings I came up with no solution These include scvhost exe csrss exe HpqToaster exe wmpnetwk exe BLservice exe That is just to name RANDOM CPU usage spikes, Help! a few However one or more of these may be outliers where the program simply hit a spot where it had to think really hard Again the random spiking occurs completely randomly - as in it matters not whether my firefox is open I have WMP playing music or any other program RANDOM CPU usage spikes, Help! that I start is running Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes somtimes it lasts for a few seconds but the intervals in between spike episodes range from seconds to hours Regardless whatever this is still decides to slow down everything I try to do on my computer Some anti-virus programs I have downloaded include AVG free edition and Avast Home Edition but they have found nothing Below is my HJ log Thank you in advance for any help I may recieve -Mike P S A big thanks to Mumbodog for all their help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Users Mike Program Files x DNA btdna exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files x HP RANDOM CPU usage spikes, Help! HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Mic... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-cpu-usage-spikes-help.808873/
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past month basically ive just been getting usage CPU Random spikes? the worst CPU usage spikes even on games that my computer shouldnt find graphically challenging When i check device manager which ever game i am running just shoots up Random CPU usage spikes? to causes a massive lag spike FPS drop for a few seconds then runs perfect again for - minutes then happens again Its mostly on games where this happens because strangely enough i can stream HD quality video movies sports perfectly no problems at all Ive done a full virus scan and found nothing ive also tried disabling my AV whilst in-game and that has no affect either Any ideas what this could be and how to fix would be great im also in a spot of trouble because i cant just try re-formatting as i have lost my windows disc My comp specs are - AMD athlon x dual core ghz GB of RAM GB HD geforce gt gb onboard ram Vista home basic Thnx nbsp

A:Random CPU usage spikes?

Power supply failing, overheating? Open the case and check the fans for proper operation and make sure that any dust or other debris is removed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-usage-spikes.153983/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I recently bought a pc with the following specs:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 HexaCore 6 x 3.5 GHz - 4 GHz Turbo
Mainboard: Biostar A960Dplus AM3+
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 2048 MB DDR5 (VGA, DVI, HDMI Anschluss)
Only one CPU cooler

During some really hot periodes my pc had reallly annoying lag spikes occurring often after I played for a little while...
Does someone know why this kepps happening ?
Thanks in Advance.

Edit: I already posted it in new pc s sorry for repost

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/crazy-random-lag-spikes-278091/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone Ok so after relentless searching online for this problem and the solution that might be out there I've finally decided to just post here about it Problem -My computer is getting random performance lags that last - seconds -The cpu usage will jump when it happens anywhere from - -It's completely random and Random CPU and lag performance spikes is very hard to catch but it happens when I'm a browsing the internet with only firefox open engaging in miniscule internet activities b watching a youtube video at any pixel size c playing a software intensive game symptoms Random CPU spikes and performance lag -Computer slows but doesn't freeze -the really bad spikes are up to cpu usage usually though they are - -Video sound gets distorted and choppy like if you have an injured CD that still plays right through Random CPU spikes and performance lag the scratches but gets all choppy sounding -often times the Random CPU spikes and performance lag mouse pointer will all of the sudden be trailing during the strange slow motion performance lag fixes I've tried -Cleaned out entire case fans vents cpu heatsink -disabled home network -increased gpu fan speed -monitored cpu temps -made sure all drivers were up to date for everything in my computer -ran spybot and also my av of course who wouldn't right lol I have all my system specs in my profile I tried and tried to catch the problem today with a screenshot while watching an hd trailer on youtube I finally did but I wasn't able to catch it again while I had the process list up it just wouldn't happen again Thanks for the help in advance Here's the screenshot I caught P S funny shot I got Ironically an evil machine is hunting the guy from transformers- coincidence I'm having nightmares

A:Random CPU spikes and performance lag

For how long have you had that computer?
Have you tried uninstall your AV, What other programs do you have running in the background.
Have you tried to open the OS in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem still accures?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/213515-random-cpu-spikes-performance-lag.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Well, My computer seems top be having Random DPC Latency Spikes (It doesn't happen al the time but sometimes and It's really annoying when listening to music) according to LatencyMon the highest dpc latency spike was caused by P17.sys (my SB Audigy Card driver) I didn't had this problem before only after a reinstall of windows now ....

Is there anything I can do ???

the Audio card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 24 Bit Advanced HD (this is wat it says on the CD) I didn't install the drivers from the CD but from windows update (Like I did before) because the driver on the cd is from 2006 (Not compatible with Windows 7)

Thanks in advance

A:Random Latency Spikes P17.sys help please

Any chance you can pull the card and get the model number off of it? If so it should be along the top edge and look something like SBxxxx. Reason for asking is 'Sound Blaster Audigy 24 Bit Advanced HD" doesn't help much as there are two totally different types of Audigy (hardware based and software based), and both use totally different drivers.

The hardware based cards include the original Audigy as well as the Audigy 2 and 4. The software based cards include the Audigy SE/DE/LS/Value/2 SE/2 Value. Let's find out which yours is and then try the latest driver directly from Creative instead of what WU has to offer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/219793-random-latency-spikes-p17-sys-help-please.html
Relevancy 53.32%

In the last day cpu Random spikes and slow down cpu I have started having issues with my computer My computer has started having cpu spikes when ever I attempt to do anything This all started after I attempted to bridge network connections but after deleting the bridge the spikes remained So I have run numerous adware malware virus scans etc but I have yet to find any issues So I Random cpu slow down and cpu spikes turn to you guys because I Random cpu slow down and cpu spikes am not sure how to read the HijackThis logs Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan Random cpu slow down and cpu spikes saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files NETGEAR WN T WN T exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run GBB X Configure C WINDOWS System JMRaidTool exe boot O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run WN T exe C Program Files NETGEAR WN T WN T exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-cpu-slow-down-and-cpu-spikes-260995.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I've updated my laptop's OS to Windows 8 64-bit a couple of days ago and I quickly noticed that there was a rather annoying issue with performance. It lags every 5-10 seconds, but this seems to happen only when I open Firefox or any other Web Browser and this slows down the whole computer unless I restart it again. My Laptop used to run Windows 7 very well but now I have no idea about how to fix this. I also updated to Windows 8.1 yesterday but the problem is still unsolved. By the way I have 4GB of RAM but the system recognizes only 2. Does anybody have a clue about this?

A:Lag Spikes when running Firefox/IE/Chrome

We'll need the following:

Make/model of system if pre-built retail

If self built:
Mobo make/model number
RAM make/model number and configuration (ie, 2x2 or 1x4, etc)

And a few screenshots (like so) will really help in identifying your issue:

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/34754-lag-spikes-when-running-firefox-ie-chrome.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I have a HP Envy 17t n000 and this machine comes with Intel Dual Band AC 3160. The problem is that I have random ping spikes on Windows 10 (while gaming on bf4, team fortress etc) but there are no spikes on Windows 8 or even Windows 7. I have tried all drivers available but nothing solves this problem.  Note that it works perfectly on ethernet.  Any help will be appreciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Random-Ping-Spikes-Envy-17t/td-p/5732166
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey SevenForums,

My internet at home keeps spiking at random intervals and it seems that when I use speedtest the meter would be running at full speed but then drop really slowly as if there was no "gas" being put into the meter. During these times my ping spikes to 300+ and I really can't do anything. What can I do to solve it? I've tried restarting my router multiple times but the problem keeps persisting right after it boots back up.

Thanks.

A:Ping Spikes At Random Times

I think I my have found a solution; can someone confirm this for me?

AVG has this process running in the background called vprot and logging server. After ending both processes my ping dropped down a LOT. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not so I'll update my post later. If someone can confirm that AVG hogs your bandwidth, that'd be really appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342244-ping-spikes-random-times.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, I'm having these random internet lag spikes around every minute or so. It's only really noticeable when I'm playing games like counterstrike, hearthstone, or world of warcraft. It seems like my internet just cuts out for 5 seconds, freezes whatever game I'm playing, and then goes back to normal. I tried googling this but it seems like there's so many specific cases for different people it'd be hard to find one that'd work. What information would someone need to be able to diagnose this problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622810/random-internet-spikes-every-minute-or-so/
Relevancy 52.89%

it's been many weeks since I've been experiencing lag spikes for even simple tasks like surfing the web,
especially when I try to multitask and open too many applications. opening more than one youtube video tab makes the PC completely unusable because of the spikes and when I check the CPU performance from the task manager it hovers above 99%. at times when the lag is too much PC shuts down suddenly or it gives an error message saying PC has recovered from some issue and it has to shut down, I suspect CPU overload. but it doesn't shut down too often. the lags are present everytime I work on PC. I'm using windows 8.1. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605310/experiencing-lag-spikes-and-random-shutdowns/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently went to Windows Vista 64 after upgrading my computer as I figured what the hell, I'm not going to see a performance drop. So far, I'm happy with the switch and indeed have not noticed a drop in performance in any of the games I play.

However, seemingly at random Vista will just freeze for anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds. If there is music playing in the background it'll repeat the half or second or so of song where it got stuck and my mouse does not respond.

Is this a common issue that can be resolved?

Thanks,
Evan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-vista-freeze-spikes-320234.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I m gettin random ping spikes around - At night or morning Evening ping spikes. Random everything is ok I can easily watch videos or smth like that but it s unplayable at this time I m using wired connection to Evening Random ping spikes. a wireless router Linksys wrt g When i m pinging google i m gettin few timeouts and sometimes my ping is like - Quote Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from Evening Random ping spikes. bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time Evening Random ping spikes. ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Any solutions

A:Evening Random ping spikes.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Are there others in your household that use your broadband connection heavily around that time?

Can you please post your Speedtest?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319449-evening-random-ping-spikes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I like to consider myself a little bit more than a regular computer user but I am at a wall as to what to do here I Instability and Usage Spikes Random have a now month old computer than itself seems to have absolutely run into a wall Random Usage Spikes and Instability -- I get incredible lag times when loading programs like Firefox iTunes and Outlook with seemingly random jumps in my CPU usage that are uncorrelated with my activity Further I have had multiple experiences where the computer screen locks up and then essentially goes out forcing me to soft reset the computer I am thinking a possible solution is that my computer was originally running Vista and I downgraded to XP forcing me to use older un-official drivers I'm thinking there must be something else going on but I can't put my finger on it Any help would be appreciated Please note that I am running PGP Desktop and am using a client to access the internet called Ruijie Supplicant which might show up in the log as x exe both of which I under no circumstances can uninstall --- Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by FD at - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack System drive D has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe D Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe D WINDOWS system PGPserv exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe D Program Files Sling Media SlingAgent SlingAgentService exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe D Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe D Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway traybar exe D WINDOWS stsystra exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe D Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe D Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Gateway CEC MAIN exe D Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe D Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe D Program Files PGP Corporation PGP Desktop PGPtray exe D Program Files REALTEK USB Wireless LAN Driver and Utility RtWLan exe D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files Password Safe pwsafe exe D Program Files Ruijie Networks Ruijie Supplicant x exe D WINDOWS System vssvc exe D WINDOWS system dllhost exe D WINDOWS system dllhost exe D WINDOWS system rundll exe D Documents and Settings FD Desktop RSIT exe D Program Files trend micro FD exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msnbc com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www quickendirect com registration R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Wor... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-usage-spikes-and-instability-309357.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a friend whose laptop has been spikes having 'freezing' random Computer lag experience random freezing stuttering spikes of varied sorts when it comes to playing games yet it Computer having random 'freezing' lag spikes runs fine at all other times This holds true even for games in which Computer having random 'freezing' lag spikes his PC s hardware is far more recent Computer having random 'freezing' lag spikes than I ve checked all the usuals startup programs had him clean up some harddrive space and defrag had him run MBAM Spybot etc Nothing unusual seems to be running that would cause this in fact he tends to run little more than just MSE and the game itself The games will run smoothly for a minute and then for no seeming reason suddenly be amazingly stuttery for ten seconds This cycle repeats Is there a program that can be run to track processor usage or something similar to determine what might be causing these strange spikes I ve also had him do the usual updating of drivers and so on to no avail nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-having-random-freezing-lag-spikes.938880/
Relevancy 52.89%

Problem started a couple of days ago in which when I'm watching live stream, such as watching the BBC live, the audio will cut out, not just on the browser but my entire system. If I close the browser the system sounds return. This appears to happen at random times and intervals can be between a couple of hours or couple of minutes.

I thought the problem may have been with Chrome but having tried Firefox the same problem occurs. I opened task manager and noticed that I was getting severe CPU usage spikes hitting 99% and this is when the audio is cutting out. I closed everything down and opened task manager and watched for awhile, everything seemed fine with CPU running flat at a couple of % but then every so often a sudden spike up to 40%-50% for a few seconds.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, anti-virus is Avast.

Hope someone can help.

A:Random CPU Spikes With Audio Cutting Out

This may be a driver problem. Please check whether you get DPCs (deferred procedure calls). Use this program:

DPC Latency Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/366878-random-cpu-spikes-audio-cutting-out.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone The following is a quick overview of my problem along with some screenshots of data and my laptop specifications All data lagg and spikes Random Performance CPU below has been gathered when SWTOR was running so that I had an example to show When playing games SWTOR WoW GW etc my fps randomly drops from fps on very high ultra settings to between - fps To try and log some data about the spikes I used the Window's Task Manager Performance tab to visually see the performance of my CPU and also the Resource Monitor to see what levels different process are working at Symptoms -Computer slows but doesn't freeze -the really bad spikes are up to cpu usage usually though they are - -Video sound gets distorted and choppy Only way I can describe it is the sound a record player makes when a vinyl has reached the end of the groves and it continues to rotate I put this down to a driver error so I tried a fresh install today actually and it seems that it's still doing exactly the same thing Some fixes I've tried MalwareBytes Anti Malware - none Re-installed windows from scratch Updated drivers My computer specs Intel Core i QM GHz GHz Turbo Mode MB Cache Genuine Windows Home Premium bit Graphics GB GDDR NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Memory Dual Channel DDR SDRAM MHZ DIMMs I have owned the laptop just over a year now Attatched is my msconfig file with Microsoft applications hidden a task manager and resource monitor screenshot when the spikes happen and also my DxDiag information just incase anything in that is helpful Thank you for taking your time to read through this and hopefully someone can help me fix this problem If any more Random CPU spikes and Performance lagg information is needed I'll happily supply it Lewis

A:Random CPU spikes and Performance lagg

Do you have errors in Event Viewer due to NvServiceSvc.exe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/341702-random-cpu-spikes-performance-lagg.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey. This is an awful issue for me I've been having.

I may open a browser and it will work fine for a while. Or I may be browsing and it takes 10 seconds just to highlight whatever I'm hovering my mouse over. I check CPU usage and it's at 100%...

Usually I will play a game of sc2 and it will be chugging along at 65-110 fps on lowest and then suddenly lag... freeze and jump. Then maybe 2 games later I play through a whole game at 90 fps.

I recently REFORMATED so it is NOT a virus issue or a ****ed up registry issue or similar.

I'm using AMD Athlon 64x2.

Windows Vista 32 bit. Service pack 2.

Please help me, this is killing me

A:Random CPU usage. Also lag spikes on games.

bump...still no help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-usage-also-lag-spikes-on-games.179710/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been searching for a problem I have been having and came across a thread explaining Windows CPU spikes and performance lag Random 8: the exact symptoms of the problems I've been having So I'm just going to copypaste the details from that thread This is the original thread Random CPU spikes and performance lag Problem -My computer is getting random performance lags that last - seconds -The cpu usage will jump when it happens anywhere from - -It's completely random and is very hard to catch but it happens when I'm a browsing the internet with only firefox open engaging Windows 8: Random CPU spikes and performance lag in miniscule internet activities b watching a youtube video at any pixel size c playing a software intensive game symptoms -Computer slows but doesn't freeze -the really bad spikes are up to cpu usage usually though they are - -Video Windows 8: Random CPU spikes and performance lag sound gets distorted and choppy like if you have an injured CD that still plays right through the scratches but gets all choppy sounding -often times the mouse pointer will all of the sudden be trailing during the strange slow motion performance lag -Happens offline as well so it's defiantly not the Internet As with the other thread these are the fixes I've tried as well fixes I've tried -Cleaned out entire case fans vents cpu heatsink -disabled home network -made sure all drivers were up to date for everything in my computer -ran malwarebytes and also my av of course

A:Windows 8: Random CPU spikes and performance lag

Some extra information: My services running http://prntscr.com/1d7hvk http://prntscr.com/1d7hyj
Startup: http://prntscr.com/1d7fsd
Note- I am sorry I could not attach these to a thumbnail, for some reason when I tried it just appeared as blank space, with no screenshots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/296019-windows-8-random-cpu-spikes-performance-lag.html
Relevancy 52.89%

For some reason when I am playing games or just browsing the web around every seconds my internet basically disconnects for seconds and reconnects This really isn Windows internet spikes XP random t a big problem for the internet but when you are in a game trying to dodge bullets seconds is long enough for the enemy to tie you to a tree and use you as a pinata Also every once in a while the internet will completely stop requiring me to right click the connection icon on the taskbar and click repair Sometimes when the spikes happen Firefox completely crashes I ve rewritten this post twice This only has happened in Windows XP not when my PC had Windows not in Kubuntu but just Windows XP I am currently using some Wireless-B Windows XP random internet spikes card think it is Linksys However the problem persists even when I use a wired connection I have tried Reinstalling windows XP Yes the problem has gotten to me that much Using a Windows Vista Ultimate Gb HDD - I didn t get internet at all even wired I got sick at my stomach while using Vista so I accidentally backed over the hard drive with a triple-sized tank specifically designed to crush large vehicles which I accidentally crafted in my basement I was supposed to fix the toaster Using a Windows HDD - Temporarily fixed the problem but the HDD is a gb and it s Windows Turning off the Windows Firewall - I know I know I m going to get more tracking cookies a year Turning off AVG Anti-Virus Also used in Windows and where the problem doesn t exist Using a different Wireless card - Didn t work Taking the computer to a friend s house - Didn t work Moving to another state and using a different cable company with a different router and modem - Didn t work It DID fix the feeling of small abandoned town though The town was built around a correctional facility and a mental health center Zombies everywhere They really suck at making burgers the burgers always tasted like they were made out of human brains or something Biting my own arm off - Wait I still have both my arms I wonder who s arm I bit off Getting slaughtered on internet - these spikes tend to come at rediculously inconvenient times Such as when a rocket is flying at my face or if I don t move that helecopter is going to make pancakes by landing on me Scanning for Viruses - No viruses found Scanning for Spyware - A load of tracking cookies but nothing serious Does anyone know what might be causing this nbsp

A:Windows XP random internet spikes

For some reason, you didn't tell us the brand and model, nor configuration in detail, nor age of the computer and how long you have had this trouble.
All of that might be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-random-internet-spikes.111182/
Relevancy 52.89%

So recently I purchased a Sapphire Vapor-X and it's been working great so far, but today when playing both Team Fortress 2 and GTA IV I suffered severe lag. On Team Fortress 2 I was just running around with hardly anybody on the screen when my FPS kept jumping from 60-10FPS and this lasted for around 30 seconds, I had the exact same issue with GTA IV when walking through a building. I haven't overclocked and I'm using the 10.4 drivers

System specs:

AMD Athlon 630 x4 @ 2.8GHz
Geil 2GB DDR2 RAM
Biostar GF8100 Motherboard
Seagate 250GB HDD
Corsair VX550

Also when this happens my temperatures seem fairly normal:

CPU 38 Celcius with the fan at 4000rpm
GPU 53 Celcius with the fan at 40%

A:Random FPS spikes Radeon HD 5770

10.4 driversClick to expand...

Might as well upgrade and hope.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-fps-spikes-radeon-hd-5770.149140/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone,

I know this is not an uncommon problem but I have been trying to fix it for a while now. I tried several methods I found here and there on the net but nothing successful thus far. This is the reason why I decided to register.

It appeared out of the blue. I am 99.9% positive this is not due to any kind of malware. I have absolutely no idea why it happens but it happens very often and I really need your help now. Thank you.

A:PC crashes due to random 100% CPU usage spikes

to Bleeping Computer Forums!Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply Please post the computer model next time and changes/issues before the problem started.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506866/pc-crashes-due-to-random-100-cpu-usage-spikes/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I ve actually been Random drops FPS having a problem ever since I built my computer Random FPS drops and no one s been able to help me fix it yet What will happen is that in the middle of a game so far every game I ve played at a random time my FPS will drop from whatever it s at to - fps and hold there until I restart my computer Sometimes this happens after min sometimes after an hour or But it always happens My computer s specs are Antec NEOPOWER ATX W Power Supply Foxconn FXME Socket SIS FX Micro ATX Intel Motherboard eVGA -A -N -AX Geforce MB DDR X Video Card Rosewill GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC I ve tried pretty much everything Updated drivers checked heat replaced PSU replaced RAM and RMAed the video card I don t want to replace my motherboard yet because my friend told me to post here first Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance -Fenwich nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-fps-drops.407618/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a DLink DIR655 router on home network. I have an XP laptop and two Vista HP desktops. Using a 802.11g/n mix.

Increasingly but random in nature I lose my internet connection. It comes back in about a minute or two. Last night while I was searching help for the route it dropped. It may have given a clue: "the gateway is measuring network connection, accessing this web page might effect measurement" It doesn't seem to be any one web page.
I'll now start anew. I have seen the router log pages but I don't see anything directly. It must be the router or the network as all computers and the wireless signal are effected.

Between drops all seems ok. I am using McAfee AV, but it was "expired" for a few weeks and I still had the drops.

Comments?

Relevancy 52.46%

So my computer froze suddenly when I was playing a game and Random Vista CPU desktop on spikes/Freezing - upon reset would freeze whenever I logged on I am on safemode right now and have been fiddeling with a bunch of things turning off start up programs changing settings etc and all that I have managed to do is make it not freeze immedietly when I log on instead it just runs super slow and eventually freezes when ever I log on normally not safe mode I Random CPU spikes/Freezing on desktop - Vista ve done virus scans and nothing changed Random CPU spikes/Freezing on desktop - Vista when I deleted Random CPU spikes/Freezing on desktop - Vista some old viruses and the computer is only three months old so I m assuming it s not hardware This has happened once before and to fix it I uninstalled Norton but now I am not running any antivirus I downloaded Avast to scan and I can t find anything which would cause a conflict like Norton did I also tried uninstalling some windows updates but that didn t help at all I m running Vista business SP and before yesterday the computer was running fast As far as I can tell something is making my programs take up more cpu then normal as any time I try to use them they spike and then go down when I m idle System restore did nothing and I don t want to try the factory reset feature nbsp

A:Random CPU spikes/Freezing on desktop - Vista

Okay, I've turned off all non-windows process (and some windows processes) and the computer is running much faster. However, it still crashes whenever I try to do anything that doesn't use much cpu. For example, I can launch firefox, but if I try to navagate anywhere it crashes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-cpu-spikes-freezing-on-desktop-vista.879564/