Windows Support Forum

Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine

Q: Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 111.37%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 110.51%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 110.51%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I m Slow speed Connection, but says fine. connected i'm is it Internet and not Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. sure what is going on I have an HP notebook Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. model G GB RAM HD AMD Duo-Core Processor basic laptop It has never acted up really before and my ISP says my connection is fine I ve ran AVG and Malewarebyte to see what is going on but nothing has been found Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ashley Barnaby gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name AshleyBarnaby Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C-EE-E -C - E-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b adc bbeb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- B-A - - - E- -F -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- -F -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE F B- - CE- AF - B D E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a dd fa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a a dd fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Ashley Barnaby gt Any suggestions what else i should try to see why My internet connection is running slow nbsp

A:Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine.

Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan settings > Proxy server > Advanced > delete proxy server settings > click OK > uncheck all boxes > click OK.

In Firefox, click Tools > Options... > General > Advanced > Network > Settings > delete proxy settings > select No proxy > click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-but-it-says-im-connected-and-speed-is-fine.965776/
Relevancy 109.22%

I m not sure what is going on I have an HP notebook model and Slow it fine. says connected but i'm speed Solved: Connection, Internet is G GB RAM HD AMD Duo-Core Processor basic laptop It has never acted up really Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. before and my ISP says my connection is fine I ve ran AVG and Malewarebyte to see what is going on but Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. nothing has been found Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ashley Barnaby gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name AshleyBarnaby Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine. Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C-EE-E -C - E-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b adc bbeb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - PM Lease Expires December- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- B-A - - - E- -F -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- -F -D DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE F B- - CE- AF - B D E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a dd fa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a a dd fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Ashley Barnaby gt Any suggestions what else i should try to see why My internet connection is running slow accidentally posted this in the wrong forum tried to delete it but didn t know how nbsp

A:Solved: Slow Internet Connection, but it says i'm connected and speed is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-internet-connection-but-it-says-im-connected-and-speed-is-fine.965781/
Relevancy 104.49%

My friend borrowed my PC and internet connection last week He enabled and started telnet both on services msc and control panel and started to Telnet After this I tried downloading MP on the internet But it was so slow I mean it's really slow that it's not even downloading I try to download other files But then it won't slows PC) after Telnet Internet connection (or speed download or is just slow I use Chrome and tried to use Firefox for download At first it goes well But after - downloads it failed Also tried in IE but doesn't work I stopped Internet (or PC) slows connection speed after Telnet the Telnet service disabled it both in services and Control Panel Internet (or PC) slows connection speed after Telnet I also reinstall Chrome But it doesn't really fix the problem I am using a download manager wxDownload Fast to download Internet (or PC) slows connection speed after Telnet files Yes it download files but even wxDF had a really hard time downloading a even single MB file I try to ping google and it was completed My browsing is okay I browse Facebook and other sites normally But whenever I try to play games on Facebook elements would load but the game would not Please help Thank you very much Add'tl Info gt We are not using any router We are connecting directly to the modem gt Tried to use speedtest It was normal

A:Internet (or PC) slows connection speed after Telnet

Hello,

I'd try System Restore, back date it when before your friend borrowed your computer. If this process didn't work, use Free Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware then scan for any possible nasties.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327177-internet-pc-slows-connection-speed-after-telnet.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 95.89%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Sorry if this has been covered but I haven t seen it here and admittedly I m a little impatient because this is driving me out of my mind WIndows k i Geforce GB DDR RAM Sabertooth Z Mobo Cisco DPC Modem Wired Connection If there s any other information you require please let me know I m new here I have Rogers internet in Toronto Canada and everything was working just fine up until a few days ago Now every time I attempt to download something the d l speed goes up to Speed Stops Download Seems But Fine. Connection normal around megabytes sec but then stops going down to kb s I ve been using Downthemall as a download manager in Firefox so I pause the download and resume it and it goes back up to full speed only to go back down to kb s a few seconds later When I browse the internet some times the pages load right away but other times I have to go to the address then hit refresh in my browser to load the page as if it didn t load the first time I ve tried different browsers chrome FF opera IE and consistently get the issue There are no issues with connectivity as all of the Download Speed Stops But Connection Seems Fine. lights on my router seem to indicate a strong connection I assumed this was an issue with my ISP so I reset my router to default settings and set up my connection again but the same problem persisted I tried lowering my MTU s until the packets weren t fragmented but that didn t help I then tried anti-virus malware scans but those turned up nothing After a couple days of Googling I d had enough at this point I backed up and completely re-installed my machine only to attempt to download Firefox upon a fresh install and have it hang right in the middle of the download I ve never had any of these issues before a few days ago and it s driving me crazy any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

So we just recently changed our internet service to DSL which is supposed to be 12mbps. When everything was set up a few days ago i had no problem with the internet and neither did my roommates it was working fine but then i got on my computer today and im not sure what happened but i cant get more than 3.5mbps. Im at a loss for an answer and was wondering if anyone had a solutions.

A:DSL speed is lower than it should be/Roommates speed is fine

Are you using a wireless connection? Which router are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dsl-speed-is-lower-than-it-should-be-roommates-speed-is-fine-302347.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi All I have just upgraded to Win Ultimate x I had no problems Torrent fine. speed Slow, Browsers installing Win fresh Install The computer is a I k Asus P P m b GTX ti GPU g ram OCZ gb ssd I haven't connected the tb storage just yet Not sure if you need that info or not The Problems seems to be that the Browsers are very slow or may not even load a page I loaded Utorrent to see if the connection was dropping in and out but while downloading it stays at a steady rate Which would rule out the Connection to the internet I would assume I have turned of anti virus still the same I have turned of firewall and still the same shot myself and it still the same turned of Microsoft Security Essentials still the same Also done a fresh install Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine. of windows just Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine. to make sure Was connected to a server but i have bypassed that Now connected straight to the modem router My Dad is waiting for me to set his new machine up so he can continue playing online games so we would be both grateful for any help Im going crazy at the moment cause it has to be something simple that I'm over looking I am also using the same connection with another machine and have no issues at all So It would be the Win machine that has an issue I use the same CAT and just pull it out of one and put it in the other The results from pinging Google I also have done this on the other machine and it came back fine every time i tried C Users Administrator gt ping Google Pinging Google with bytes of data Reply from Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine. bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator gt ping Google Pinging Google with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator gt ping Google Pinging Google with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Administrator gt ping Google Pinging Google with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms

A:Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine.

Hello Torso, welcome to the forum. I understand your Dad is in a hurry and you probably can't do much of anything anymore if action nr 3 really worked... but please don't start new/repreat threads with the same issue. Someone... me for instance, was really going to look at your first posts...

Can you specify which browser(s) you've tried. And what is your internet (adsl/cable) speed?
Are all above pings from this same machine?

+ the fact that are using the same CAT could be part of the problem.... sounds as extra but try again but this time be sure to have rebooted the system after plugging the lan in. To force DHCP network settings....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172105-browsers-slow-torrent-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Got 50/10 internet today but when I run speedtest with my desktop PC results are following:

I only get about 0.6 Mbps upload with this device but with my laptop (connected it to same cable than my PC) and with my phone (wifi) I get stable 10 Mbps.

I'm using Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials (same with my laptop). Also tried closing firewall but that didn't make any difference.

A:Slow upload speed with 1 PC, others work fine

Well I got it sorted out, it seems that Net Limiter 3 does limit speeds even while it is not running :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250694-slow-upload-speed-1-pc-others-work-fine.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi All I have just upgraded to Win Ultimate x I had no problems installing Win fresh Install The computer is a I k Asus P P m b GTX ti GPU g ram OCZ gb ssd I haven't connected the tb storage just yet Not sure if you need that info or not The Problems seems to be that the Browsers are very slow or may not even load a page I loaded Utorrent to see if the connection was dropping in and out but while downloading it stays at a steady rate Which would rule out the Connection to the internet I would assume I have turned of anti virus still the same I have turned of firewall and still the same shot myself and it still the same turned of Microsoft Security Essentials still the same Also done a fresh install of windows just to make sure Was connected to a server but i have bypassed fine Browsers Torrent Slow, speed that Now connected straight Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine to the modem router My Dad is waiting for me to set Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine his new machine up so he can continue playing online games so we would be both grateful for any help Im going crazy at the moment cause it has to be Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine something simple that I'm over looking

A:Browsers Slow, Torrent speed fine

As I try more stuff I will post to try and help out.

I am also using the same connection with another machine and have no issues at all. So It would be the Win 7 64 machine that has an issue. I use the same CAT 5 and just pull it out of one and put it in the other.
The results from pinging Google. I also have done this on the other machine and it came back fine every time i tried.
C:\Users\Administrator>ping Google

Pinging Google [74.125.237.17] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=57
Request timed out.
Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=57
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 74.125.237.17:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 25ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 27ms

Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=57
Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=57
Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=57

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 30ms, Average = 27ms

Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=57
Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=57

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 27ms, Average = 25ms

Reply from 74.125.237.17: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=57
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 26ms

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/172064-browsers-slow-torrent-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I just updated to Windows 10 but I think the problem was with Windows 8 too, Sometimes my internet is out on my PC while the internet is still up on my brothers PC, tho this problem happens about 3 times a very few days.. We have 5+ computers in the house and 4 are on daily while 3 is being used daily the 4th one is not very used daily and sometimes off most of the time. So the 2 computers have Windows 10 and 3rd computer has Windows 7 while the 4th computer has Windows 10 also. I read on an article which says that Windows 10 uses bandwidth without you know and I checked task manager and on windows 8 my CPU and Memory was just fine and when I upgraded to Windows 10 my CPU spiked to about 20% and Memory spiked to about 72% and sometimes random numbers appear on all 4 sections( CPU, Memory, Disk, Network).

So how can I fix this problem or is it just Windows 10?

A:Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers

Bump

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/28566-internet-speed-slow-one-computer-but-fine-rest-computers.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello - recently web browsing using Firefox (v29.0) has become very slow/choppy/laggy.

I've performed speed tests with my ISP and I am consitently at 10mpbs down and 3mps up, which are the expected rates.

This appears to be specifically an issue with web browsing with Firefox. 

I used Avast 2014 (free) as my antivirus and all weekly scans find no viruses.  I've also scanne my computer using Malwarebytes (lates version) and nothing has been found.

I'm a bit puzzle by this as not much has changed on this computer in the past few months.  I'm not sure if this could be a virus/spyware/malware issue or just poor firefox performance more recent revisions of the browser.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Firefox web browsing becomes very slow but bandwidth speed tests are fine.

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produc... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534176/firefox-web-browsing-becomes-very-slow-but-bandwidth-speed-tests-are-fine/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a new Dell Inspiron I have a number is speed fine browsing non-existent slow, or Internet but intermittent of wireless Internet speed is fine but browsing slow, intermittent or non-existent computers and all the others iPad smart phone etc are having no Internet speed is fine but browsing slow, intermittent or non-existent problem I tested the internet connection speed and it is faster to this computer than to the others probably due to the N Adapter on a Dlink N Router The others are all G cards However one of four things happens with Firefox Chrome IE and Opera The Internet speed is fine but browsing slow, intermittent or non-existent browser cannot find the server The browser times out many times before finding the servers Sometimes it does find the server and the site no consistency in the behavior When it does find the site it is usually painfully slow I have tried everything I can think of It usually does come up in Safe mode with Networking I set the DNS option to the Google DNS servers and for a while that helped I have flushed the cache and winsocket with command line prompts I have turned off the firewall I tried disabling the v tcp ip option in the adapter properties None of this has made any difference of my work is researching on the internet which makes this computer useless to me I have run PC Cleaner done thorough scans of my computer etc There was one virus that appered in the MSFT Essentials scan but it deleted it Sometimes one browser will not work at all whereas another will work minimally I see others complaining of this problem but the threads do not seem to carry through for a solution A new wrinkle is that I now see wireless connections reported two are through the miniports and have an X under them I have no idea what else to try Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc W A CBRTP CN O Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-is-fine-but-browsing-slow-intermittent-or-non-existent.1021234/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi Recently I upgraded from Windows Vista home basic bit to Windows professional bit Now however my browsing speed is very slow and often doesnt work It seems to especially have trouble with google related stuff eg Gmail and google maps etc However when I finally get a page up download speed for files are completely normal Im currently using firefox but I have already tried Chrome slow browsing, internet causing fine Upgrade speed and Internet Explorer with no difference between the Ive tried disabling Upgrade causing slow browsing, fine internet speed uninstalling firefox addons Ive also tried with and with out an active firewall and turning off my anti virus software Ive also scanned my computer with my anti virus Sophos as well as Spybot Search and Destroy None of this has helped either All other computers Upgrade causing slow browsing, fine internet speed in my house hold are all browsing the net fine including my laptop also using windows I have really run out of ideas as my computer was browsing the net fine before upgrading Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place or this has been resolved elsewhere I am a neewbie to forums and I couldnt see a similar thread Cheers

A:Upgrade causing slow browsing, fine internet speed

Are you using the latest network drivers? Also, things like java and flash player and any other plugins you use need to be installed with a new install.

Try changing DNS servers to opendns or google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/162461-upgrade-causing-slow-browsing-fine-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 86.43%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 86%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 86%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 86%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 86%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have repaired registry, defragged, disk cleanup, checked and rechecked for virus' and other malware. My download speed is 1.5Mbps on average from Satalite. I was using IE 7 upgraded to IE 8, no change. I' am using XP Pro. My Browser takes 2-4 minutes to load each page even when I use the back button. I don't know what else to do! I'm at my wits end. There is another computer here when i hook that one to the modem it works fine. The computers are not on a network together I am hooked directly to the Satalite does anyone have a clue as to what i can try next?

A:Slow Browser Speed need HLP!

Install Firefox and see if the same thing happens. If yes, it's not IE, if no, it is IE.

Helps to limit the scope of the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-browser-speed-need-hlp-344395.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi i need some help involving my internet While on youtube it takes forever for Slow browser speed the video to load the rate that im watching it is just as fast as it is Slow browser speed for loading so it ends up stopping most of the time to load When downloading anything through firefox i tried chrome as well it Slow browser speed takes forever kb s - kb s For example i went to download firefox again because i thought maybe it was bugged and i needed to reinstall it the file is mbs and it took my minutes to download it Which normally it would be downloaded in a matter of seconds It seems that only my internet browser is affected by this my game ping and other programs are not affected by it Could it be my internet settings What i have done so far is a disk defrag scanned for viruses with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reinstalled firefox and nothing has changed I do have a router if that means anything Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 84.71%

hi i am trying to spped up my pc i currently use a acer aspire and have broadband connection and also have 256 ram and my problem is my internet connection is still too slow i have been try many different lightweight browsers but still have the same problem, I really needed this problem sorted out as i need the faster internet speed for a online game i play called seafight where i will sometimes need 4 different browsers open at the same time so could you tell me if there is a fix to this problem and how much more ram can i put into my pc.
thanks
1wozk

A:Internet browser speed to slow

if your using windows xp 256 of ram is not enough at least 512 minimum is required to run the pc efficiently lookin "windows task manager" check performance tab and see what the pc is using, check pf usage and physical memory available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-browser-speed-to-slow.744137/
Relevancy 84.71%

arrrgggh! having a tortoise of a time trying to get my IE web pages to download. problem started after i tried to clean all the spy and adware from my machine. whenever i reboot, i get "error c:/windows bs3 (&bs2).dll". does this have something to do with it? & can anybody help! have run a norton, dumped neo-napster, any yet, my download time remains at a stand still.
help me!!!!!

one more thing: there are times when i'm unable to activate the systray. all icons disappear and cpu usuage shows at 70-80%, even if i only have one application open.

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any way to optimize my computer's connection speed. I play a lot of Xbox Live on my 360 and I have a desktop computer. Lately my connection speed on Xbox Live has been pretty bad. I called Xbox Live Support to see if it was my xbox, or my ISP. They told me it had something to do with my ISP. I currently live near Rochester, New York and the only affordable plan (to my knowledge) is Roadrunner Online. I did a speed test and got these results:

I am not good with down/upload speeds, and do not know if that is ok or really really bad. I wanted to know if anyone has any general information on how to make my connection speed better for gaming on my 360 and for web browsing in general. Thanks!

Relevancy 84.71%

I am posting this for a friend.

he is on a 2 year old Dell with XP.
he and I are on the same dial-up ISP and live two blocks apart. when i log on to the internet i get a connection speed that averages 45Kbps. when he logs on hes lucky to get 16 Kbps. usually its around 8 to 10. terribly aggravating.

i say its his modem speed is set too low. but then what do i know?

could anyone offer some suggestion? A cure possibly?

We would apprieciate it, thanks all.

A:Slow connection speed

Well, since you're both in the same neighborhood, I'd guess it's probably his phone line, jack, etc. There is a minimum speed the phone company is supposed to provide, but I don't remember what it is. I'd recommend he call the phone company and ask them to run a check on his line for noise, signal, etc. He should al;so check his phone line jack or try plugging the modem into a different jack if there's one available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed.285726/
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm not sure if i need a new modem or if there is some setting i can change that will speed my modem up. When i connect to the net on my computer, the best connection i can get is 19,200. When connecting with a different computer of the same speed on the same line, the connection rate is 26,400. Is there a setting i can change somewhere in Win98, or is my modem fried?

A:slow connection speed

GO TO (CONTROL PANEL) SELECT (MODEM) HIGHLIGHT YOUR MODEM AND SELECT (PROPERTIES) THEN CHECK YOUR CONECTION SPEED AND TRY PUTTING IT AT THE HIGHEST SETTING AND SEE IF THAT WORKS (IT HAS MADE A DIFFRENCE FOR ME IN THE PAST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed.70523/
Relevancy 84.71%

I am experiencing extreme slow connection speeds with Internet Explorer. In addition, pages are downloading in sections once connected. Pages with heavy images, videos, etc (like myspace, ebay) are taking even longer to connect / download and often cause my computer to lock-up. I often get 'program not responding' when attempting to close these sites. This is a new problem. I have tried disk clean-up, defragmenters, deleting temporary internet files, etc. and nothing has helped. My OS is Windows XP. I've also run a virus scan and everything checks out fine. Any suggestions on what could be causing this recent problem?

A:Slow Connection Speed

Hello and welcome to TSF

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

also do you have this problem running with no add-ons:

Click Start, All programs, Accessories, System tools and click on Internet Explore (No Addons)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/slow-connection-speed-220732.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Currently, my connection speed is 288 KBits/Sec by 448 KBits/Sec (which is much slower than it should be). Now, I'm not completely certain exactly what my actual speed should be, but I believe my download speed was around 1 MB/Sec, not sure about my upload speed, though.

So anyway, I don't have any viruses or spyware or anything. And everything's connected properly, too. It's been like this for a couple days now, and I have no idea what's wrong. I'd really appreciate some help.

A:Slow connection speed

try this:

www.dsltreports.com/tweaks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed.546507/
Relevancy 84.71%

i'm having problem with my current ICS...
my connection is running at 512mbps
11pcs are connected...
I'm using a d-link 16port hub/switch ... no router
i have 2 NIC cards on my server and only using the winxp firewall...
my connection runs fine when running on a single pc but when the connection is shared it's almost impossible to browse the net and play online games.
I've been having this problem for almost a week now...
i've tried scanning for spywares and viruses but the've turned out fine.
tried formatting HD's and called ISP but still the same problem.
I've been running this network for 8mos. now without any poroblem not until now.
PLEASE GIVE SOME IDEAS ON WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES...
i;m thinkingit could be a hardware problem...COULD BE THE HUB???

A:ICS slow connection speed....

YIKES! 11 machines on a 512kbit connection? I'm surprised you view the performance as "fine".

Does the performance degrade as you add machines, or fall off immediately when you add the second one?

What is the exact model of your hub/switch? Have you tried pulling the computer connections one at a time to see if one is affecting the network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-slow-connection-speed.394801/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,I have a big problem with my HP 250 G4. Every few minutes my connection speed drops to very low value and after some time it rise again. Wi-Fi signal is always at highest level. My W-Fi network card is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. I tried to install new drivers or changing channel in router configuration but it didn't help. Smartphones that are connected to this network work fine.Any ideas what is the problem?Greetings!

A:HP 250 G4 - slow connection speed.

hi . if you get good signal then there is not problem with your wifi card    try to connect the lan cable instead of wifi .. you will get more speed with the cable   or  try to restart your router and then reconnect   ... also  if you get slow internet connection .. disable windows updates ..this may cause the slow connection    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-250-G4-slow-connection-speed/td-p/5617371
Relevancy 83.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G630 @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4001 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1808 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 457183 MB, Free - 339406 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 03KPVW
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

This is my 3rd time back, great service. I'm experiencing really slow overall speed and constant Firefox and Adobe crashing. All happening kind of sudden within the past 3 days. I've ran Super Anti-Spyware 3 times and it's found like 200, 112 then 67 'threats' in that order so idk... I use the free versions of Maleware Bytes and SuperAnti-Spyware and Advanced System Care along with Windows Defender.

Thanks in advance for the help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-browser-crashing-and-slow-cpu-speed.1167171/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello, I have gotten a virus of some kind, I think from a flash drive my gf uses to store homework on. She brought home the flash drive from using it at work (in a hospital for pete's sake!) and the files were all hidden. I figured out how to unhide them thanks to the internet, but I think I got a virus of some sort in the process. Since then my browser has been being hijacked, my computer is super slow, random ad pop-ups show up, and even when I use google to search the results come back with a whole list of crap that is not even applicable to my search. I have tried AVG (the free version) and also Malwarebytes (the free version) and both have located threats and "removed" them, but the problems persist. I don't know what to do next. I have a Dell laptop with windows 8.1. Please help!

A:Hijacked browser, Slow speed, Windows 8.1

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.Do NOT use spoilers.Do NOT edit your reply to post additional logs. Create new reply. I'll not get any email notifications about edits so I won't know you posted something new.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529466/hijacked-browser-slow-speed-windows-81/
Relevancy 83.85%

ok folks hoping for some Directs...slow Log----Browser Hi Re Jack speed help I have run spybot malware bytes stinger ad aware and avast to Hi Jack Log----Browser Re Directs...slow speed no avail I downloaded hijack this and this is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series LXCZbmgr exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Users Bob Desktop stinger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Bob Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run HWSetup C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities HWSetup exe hwSetUP O - HKLM Run SVPWUTIL C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities SVPWUTIL exe SVPwUTIL O - HKLM Run KeNotify C Pr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-jack-log-browser-re-directs-slow-speed.991299/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I've checked the topic posted here regarding all the possible reasons for this first and I'm pretty sure it's a case of some sort of virus but don't know what to do next This has been going on for a few days now If someone could help me find downloads/everything speed usual Slow else is but browser, out which files Slow browser, but downloads/everything else is usual speed I need to delete from this log I would be so grateful Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLSched exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema PCMService exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC PROGRA Belkin BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www meshcomputers comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali Internet AccessF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system twext exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run A C- F - -A BE- DD D A quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerBackup PBKScheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheModeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run Workflow D Workflow exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTra... Read more

A:Slow browser, but downloads/everything else is usual speed

Help anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200410/slow-browser-but-downloadseverything-else-is-usual-speed/
Relevancy 83.85%

I recently installed an Actiontec 56kPCI Pro modem and cannot connect to the internet at more than 28.8. I have tried reseating the modem, I downloaded new drivers from Actiontec. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I tried entering connection strings in the extra settings area and I have set it to connect only at 56. It still connects at 28.8. My ISP checked my connection and says its not the phone line and not them. I even tried connecting to another ISP with the same results. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 83.85%

a couple days ago or so i hopped on bf3, and reallized that it was going super slow, i got on fb, and pages werent loading, i whent to speedtest.net and that took awhile to load also, so i finnaly ran a speed test, TWC gave me a 26.6 mbps download and .96 upload. that is astronomically slow seeing as how i am running a wired connection on a 50mbps connection. i ran anti virus, came up with nothing, i am cleaning up trash and have reset the network multiple timee, i am running out of options if some one knows somthing else i might try id appreciate it

A:Connection speed astronomically slow

Actually, that should be pretty fast, Thornton.

I have a 5.15 Mbps connection speed, and it isn't too shabby. Perhaps there is something else going on here.

Try this tutorial out: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212117-connection-speed-astronomically-slow.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have had this Gateway Processor for a number of months now. It came loaded with Windows 8 and when we got it, it seemed incredibly fast compared to our old E-Machine with Vista. It still seems okay, except for sometimes, but I found a note in my computer file with the www.speedtest.net website and decided to take the free speed test just to see. Well, the results are not good. They say my download speed is only 2.97 and my upload speed is .85 and my "Ping" is only 8. Can you suggest what I might do to improve this?

Relevancy 83.85%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition and a Smart Link 56kbps modem. I don't have a very good internet connection speed any ideas to help?

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Up until two days ago my laptop was working fine It is a Lenovo Y running Windows I stayed at a hotel over the weekend They speed slow connection, Spotty had open wireless that then required I enter the hotel s weekly username and password It worked fine the first night The second night it stopped working I was unable to connect successfully I would connect and then I would receive the quot Unidentified Network quot with a yellow hazard triangle in the wireless menu I assumed it had something to do with the hotel But when I returned home I could not connect to either of my home networks or a neighbor s connection This morning I connected via ethernet and looked for solutions The only change I made was to flush DNS When I removed the ethernet connection I was able to connect via Wifi That only lasted a couple minutes before my connection dropped Now it disconnects and reconnects every couple of minutes I opened my laptop up to see if there were any loose wires connecting to the wireless adapter - I had been running around with my laptop in a backpack the day before - but there weren t any issues Some other symptoms are that I can sometimes only see a fraction of the available networks at once I know there are many wireless networks around my house but sometimes I can only see three or five Also a speedtest used to give download upload but I now am receiving Most alarming is that I can sometimes only see one of my own home networks at a time both of which I receive five bars for Are there any reasons this should be happening Any fixes I can try Thanks David nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

I used to get connection speeds of 38 to 42 but suddenly, for no apparent reason, I am getting speeds of 18 to 22. The only thing I can think of is that one of the automatic Windows updates changed something. Any ideas?

A:suddenly slow connection speed

connection speeds of what? kps? mbps? is a dial up? dsl? wireless? isdn? connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-slow-connection-speed.30902/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello Tech Support Gang,
I have 20mbps TimeWarner Cable internet.

I have a Motorola Surfboard extreme cable modem SB6141 and a TRENDne tAC1750 Dual Band Wireless Router.

When I use http://www.speedtest.net/ on my pc I get 20mbps download speeds. This is wireless and through the router.

However, my Vizio M651D-A2R TV and PS3 both experience limited internet speeds... 9mbps or slower when I test their connections.

The internet connection affects my viewing of 3d and super highdef videos on netflix. When I try to play 3d the message indicates my connection is not fast enough.

I then plugged my TV directly into the cable modem... there was no impact on download speed. So it is not the router.

My next step is to try using my PC as a proxy like explained here: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=34192

Ideally I would not have to do that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

A:Slow connection speed on Vizio TV and PS3

Are you sure those two devices have 100/10 Mbps ethernet; not 10 Mbps ethernet adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed-on-vizio-tv-and-ps3.1113750/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 83.85%

Okay it s safe to say when it comes to things like this im pretty much useless For the past weeks now my internet has been running incredibly slow never Speed! Internet Connection Slow HELP! had a problem with it in the past I have checked the firmware of the router all up to date reset it god knows how many times and its just not improving in the Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP! slightest I have also took my laptop to Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP! a friends house make sure there wasn t a problem with that and it was running completely fine It s driving me insane safe to say BT are no help at all My current router is BT Home Hub - Software version Type A Any help would be greatly appreciated I should also add we use several devices with the internet and it s running slow on all of them iPad Mobile Xbox I did think maybe we are using too much but even when a single device is connected its as slow as So yea HELP nbsp

A:Slow Internet Connection Speed! HELP!

Please post your results from a SpeedTest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-speed-help.1128495/
Relevancy 83.42%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 83.42%

DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Aldrin Domingo at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files speed - Slow test net Infected ok speed, in but NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows vmsnap exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Garena Plus ggdllhost exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShow Gold ScsiAccess exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Software Print PDF PrnPack exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C CherryDeGames Dragon Nest DragonNest exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www goog... Read more

A:Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529174/infected-slow-net-speed-but-ok-in-speed-test/
Relevancy 82.99%

Help My browser is running really slow but downloads in my bitlord and other online applications work fine I have tried firefox too Ive had problems Log connection fine Hijackthis HELP! Internet is but slow... very browser with popups I think its a fakealert and I really think it has something to do with it Teatimer keeps detecting something trying to add to the registry and I deny it but it keeps trying and if I check off HELP! Internet connection is fine but browser very slow... Hijackthis Log remember decision it bugs out and crashes HELP! Internet connection is fine but browser very slow... Hijackthis Log teatimer Not HELP! Internet connection is fine but browser very slow... Hijackthis Log sure what it is always something different I also noticed some weird entries in my registry under local user software they were just keys or of them at the top of the list none of them show anything important just some binary values Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe I Software Pro Tools Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C Program Files HiWired PC Check amp Connect HiWired Client Core exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files HiWired PC Check amp Connect HiWired Client Desktop exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files M-Audio Ozone Install ozinst exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files AGEIA Technologies TrayIcon exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system DeltaIITray exe C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system wmsdkns exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run AGEIA P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-connection-is-fine-but-browser-very-slow-hijackthis-log.708183/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I run XP SP and IE For some time now my browser performance has been terrible It starts slow and just gets worse and worse Now I am also getting random redirects when I click on Google search results It doesn t happen every time just some times If I go back to Google and select a search result a second time it never happens Some days it happens all the time - some days it doesn tI also run McAfee - which always seems to be finding and fixing issues - but never actually fixing the problem I would be incredibly grateful for any assistance to fix this - as it s driving me nuts I was directed to post browser painfully and speed slow redirects Google to this forum in my previous post http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid entry To follow and attached - the Google redirects and painfully slow browser speed logs I was instructed to create DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Bazil Woodroffe at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system ICO EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exesvchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Common Google redirects and painfully slow browser speed Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Microsoft Forefront UAG Endpoint Components uagqecsvc exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd Google redirects and painfully slow browser speed exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search msn co uk previewx aspx q searchTerms amp FORM CBPW amp first amp noredir uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllmURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO x d -c f - efb- b - eca - amp Yahoo Toolbar HelperBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll e - eb - c -a a-cae f e BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO CNisExtBho Class ecb - f - bbc- d- ddf e - c program files common files symantec shared adblocking NISShExt dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO CNavExtBho Class bdf e -b - ad-a -fadc b - c program files norton internet security norton antivirus NavShExt dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- ab... Read more

A:Google redirects and painfully slow browser speed

Hi,Please do the following:Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1 Link 2 VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop * IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Notes:1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424268/google-redirects-and-painfully-slow-browser-speed/
Relevancy 82.99%

Ok We just updated our modem from a Motorola SBG to a SBG Speedtests are substantially better speed fine. so fine, Speedtest not browsing We have Speedtest fine, browsing speed not so fine. laptops desktops Xboxs and a PS all running on the network All of them are running amazing except for of course my desktop I can run speedtest on my desktop and get around Mb but when I try to browse the internet websites take stoopid long to load and sometimes won t even load But to make things even more strange when I stream a video from youtube or something it will take years for the video to start streaming but once it does it flies Talked to Motorola and all they could say is if you have an internet connection its fine No settings were changed at all from the time we turned off the old modem to the time we activated the new one Virus scan checks out Tried on both Wireless and Wired All drivers updated Was about to format my computer but I lost my damn Win install disc gt lt Please Save Me nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

So i come from a different house with 24mbps download speed which worked perfectly. a day after i went to another house and connected to the internet and i was only getting .20 mbps download. my siblings were getting 6 mbps download. we were all using wireless connections.

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.
We are in the same room when we are connected to the internet.

Ive run virus scans

system restore

going 1 inch away from the modem

all these didnt help.

i believe the isp is comcast and my internal wireless card is Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

My siblings card is atheros.

If you know how to get my speed up to par thatd be much appreciated, thanks

(All drivers are updated and i never have a lot of programs running at the same time.)

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi About weeks ago I noticed my internet connection DSL was much slower than usual My ISP Verizon assures me the problem is not on their end The download speed is as expected kbps but the upload speed Slow speed connection; download OK internet is just kbps and should be much higher than this They suggested there might be a spyware problem System info Dell Dimension GHz Pentium GB RAM GB HD Windows XP Pro SP running Norton Internet Security AdAware Free Anniversary edition Spybot Search amp Destroy HJT results below Questions Is the slow quot internet connection quot the result of the slow upload How can I fix the upload speed Do I have a malware problem Thanks -------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Slow internet connection; download speed OK v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Slow internet connection; download speed OK system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www jpl nasa gov news news cfm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http support dell com support top ty security c us amp cs amp l en amp s dhs amp appindex ds O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security ... Read more

A:Slow internet connection; download speed OK

(bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-connection-download-speed-ok.805214/
Relevancy 82.99%

Thanks for all your patient help in the past and hopefully this time It was recommended that I post here after this thread quot I have a Windows bit Home Premium computer between and years old Internet Explorer is my preferred browser and I am up to date with IE I know I also use Chrome and Firefox For a while now they all are very sluggish to non-responsive I have Windstream DSL and it s Mbs and runs fairly close to the stated speed most of the time Some things I do that helps some but only temporarily are Run Malwarebytes and it always comes up clean Run Superantispyware and usually get several hundred adware things which I clean I have run Ccleaner way more than I ever have Examples of issues are In IE I get frequent page is not responding or just freezing up I have just started quot casting quot from Chrome to my Chromecast From my computer the playback is jerky From a different computer it plays fine This is frustrating Otherwise the computer functions fairly well I keep it clean of garbage but still having this issue that has been terrible for about a week now quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft slow connection All but good speed browsers Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb All browsers slow but good connection speed Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I've been noticing a slower than normal IE11 speed connection slow Youtube connection download speeds for youtube videos All other file and video streaming sites and file downloads use my full bandwidth speed while youtube sometimes streams at half or less Youtube slow connection speed IE11 my full bandwidth speed Youtube slow connection speed IE11 I use youtube's stats for nerds connection speed and task manager for my readings Things I've noticed with youtube The more youtube videos I watch the slower lower the connection speed is for youtube videos I don't have this problem with other sites Deleting the cookies for google com and youtube com along with the temporary internet files doesn't restore full connection speed A larger file cache is used when you select your quality manually vs auto Youtube slow connection speed IE11 with the same quality Things I have changed in windows Change Maximum Download Connections per Server Limit in Internet Explorer is set to in group policy Limit reserved bandwidth is set to On and in group policy Internet explorer data space to use is set to MB Thanks

A:Youtube slow connection speed IE11

It looks like deleting the google and youtube cookies and temporary internet files doesn't restore full connection speed to youtube videos.

After some further troubleshooting I found that it's either youtube or my isp(TWC) throttling down the connection speed for youtube streaming. I've also tried openDNS and a youtube faster connection trick, but neither did anything. Connection speeds can go as low as 1/3rd of my internet bandwidth when starting to watch a video even though speed tests show correct speeds.

Other things I should try?
1. Reset ie 11. My guess is this would do nothing as other video stream services like amazon prime and other video sites don't have this problem.
2. Install google chrome to compare it to ie 11?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42463-youtube-slow-connection-speed-ie11.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello guys I bought a new laptop + ++ connection slow New laptop speed internet a few days back but the internet has not been working as it should on it I can barely connect to the internet and the signal is really weird If I sit in my couch with my laptop the New laptop + slow internet connection speed ++ internet is barely working though if I move about inches it will start to disconnect reconnect acting up or not even work at all Even if I move even further away I can still see my internet coming up on the list over available internetconnections I'm using an Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter and whenever I try to troubleshoot my internetconnection a message saying quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point - Fixed quot After running a troubleshoot and getting this message the internet will reconnect and work properly as it should be for - seconds before returning to act up I have tried to reinstall the driver latest version atleast windows says so but couldn't find any newer version online so I guess I'll have to trust windows on this one Also been trying diff settings on powersaving etc but with no results yet I've had several computers much older ones all able to connect to my internet with no problems at all no matter where in the house I would be Help -

A:New laptop + slow internet connection speed ++

Whats the make and model of laptop? With this information we can try and find the correct drivers for you. It's all ways best to get the latest drivers from the actual vendors and not through MS updates.

Also, there could be some sort of interference from other appliances and electrical wiring.

What type of router are you using? Have you tried changing the channel on the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188539-new-laptop-slow-internet-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Recently My connection speed on My wireless card has dropped down to about 28-36mbps. I used to run at a constant 54mbps. Windows connection wizard thing tells me I'v got a good connection with the router. Any Ideas? Its beginning to affect the performance on my PC.

A:Slow connection speed with Linksys Wmp54g

Have you tried changing channels? That's the first thing to try, this is frequently wireless interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed-with-linksys-wmp54g.648685/
Relevancy 82.99%

Running

version 11099 6a bit Pro
Firefox
Avast premium
Router Asus AC1900
Please note system specs are for another computer.

Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect.
My wife's laptop running the normal release of 10 has same problem.
Have tried everything i can think of but no success.
Any help would be appreciated,

Brian

A:Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Possible ISP or router settings since both systems do it, ever try contacting your provider ? How about other browsers except Firefox ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37560-internet-connection-very-slow-speed-normal.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hie ,

wantted to know how to resolve slow speeds while a person is connected useing a dailup connection on a windows xp and windows me ..

A:Slow Connection Speed - Dailup - Winxp

There is not a lot you can do -though - You don't say what the speed is. If it is 35+k then you are in the ballpark with everyone else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-connection-speed-dailup-winxp.394556/
Relevancy 82.99%

Recently my connection speed has been slower n slower....sometimes it is slow until cant do anything....i try to clean up my laptop from spyware n virus but the problem continues...Anybody knows about this problem n can help me with this???

Relevancy 82.99%

I hope you kind folks can help with a very exasperating problem I have a Windows bit Home Premium computer between and years old Internet Explorer is my preferred browser and I am up to date with IE I know I also use Chrome and Firefox For a while now they all are very sluggish to non-responsive I have Windstream DSL and it s Mbs and runs fairly close to the stated speed most of the time Some things I do that helps some but only temporarily are Run but browsers All connection good slow speed Malwarebytes and it always comes up clean Run Superantispyware and usually get several hundred adware things which I All browsers slow but good connection speed clean I have run Ccleaner way more than I ever have Examples of issues are In IE I get frequent page is not responding or just freezing up I have just started quot casting quot from Chrome to my Chromecast From my computer the playback is jerky From a different computer it plays fine This is frustrating Otherwise the computer functions fairly well I keep it clean of garbage but still having this issue that has been terrible for about a week now Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I just been getting slow internet speed high pings in games tried turning of firewall opening ports the whole lot nothing worked and a laggy browser I know something is wrong i would just like someone to take a look at the logs and go from there thanks in advance DDS Ver - /slow browser slow speed Getting internet - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by tom at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Internet Getting slow internet speed /slow browser Security Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- Getting slow internet speed /slow browser E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall Disabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System XSrvSetup exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NetLimiter nlsvc exe C Windows system IoctlSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users tom AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files AVG... Read more

A:Getting slow internet speed /slow browser

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:[list]Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this linkPost back with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log once it's complete.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Note: If after running ComboFix you get t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454341/getting-slow-internet-speed-slow-browser/
Relevancy 82.13%

Often wondered this? Does the speed you connect at dictate the constant running speed thereafter of surfing the Internet.
I connect @ 44,000 kbytes per second, but sometimes @ 42,000. When I notice the connection @ the latter speed, I often immediately disconnect and reconnect until I see that I have connected @ 44,000kbps.

Is this a pointless action, or does it warrant a beneficial difference to my downloading speeds after ive connected?

A:56k Connection speed & running speed

I would say no, you will not notice a difference, only when downloading a huge file, where it will take 10 minutes less.

So I'd say it's pointless. On paper you're only getting .25kB more throughput, which is negligible. It's at least not worth disconnecting and reconnecting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/56k-connection-speed-running-speed.4340/
Relevancy 82.13%

I run SMP on several computers. I recently upgraded my primary desktop PC after which my browser began running very slow. I spent 10 days troubleshooting without success but did not consider the SMP upgrade to be the problem, that is until I upgraded a second desktop PC. It too (immediately) began running browser activity very slow. Normally a site like CNN.com would fully load in 2-4 seconds but following the upgrade it now takes 20-30 seconds. I have tried all the popular browsers but they all run the same.... very slow. I have a 50 mbps internet service and get very good download speeds on my two laptops which haven't been upgraded. 
Anyone else had this problem? If so were you able to find a fix? I have referred this problem to Iolo but after ten days am still waiting upon them.
Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569629/slow-browser-speed-after-system-mechanic-pro-upgrade-to-version-45/
Relevancy 81.7%

I installed Windows on a new build about connection high Extremely browsers slow speed despite a month and a half ago I downloaded many programs during the first week but have not made many changes since I started noticing the problem in the last week or two My browser speeds are getting increasingly slow I use Firefox but tried iExplorer once the problem started The same issues exist one iE It s especially noticeable on various shopping sites that load a lot of Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed small product pictures The images will be extremely slow to load or the site my say loading for minutes and never completely load Opening gmail is getting slower or won t load at all Things that would load in a second now take minutes or fail to load completely at all This Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed was happening off and on I think but it is now a continuous problem I have run speed test several times but my connection speeds are consistently high I haven t had any connection issues with any online gaming The issue seems to be restricted to internet browsers I have another computer connected to the same network that loads the same pages extremely fast that this computer can t load in minutes now I didn t have any AV software or anti-spyware running when the problem began Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed I have tried some programs after the fact AVG full scan came back clean Malwarebytes full scan detected and removed one trojan in a bit torrent P P download folder Threat Fire hasn t detected anything I appreciate any guidance

A:Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed

Something I forgot to note. I have noticed that when it is slowest, closing tabs in Firefox is not instant. I have also noticed that switching to private browsing on Firefox can eliminate at times, but the problem still exists other times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468004/extremely-slow-browsers-despite-high-connection-speed/
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently clean installed windows 7 on an ssd i bought for my custom built computer and after installing all the updates and every driver has even been updated to the latest, I still have slow internet speeds and that's with my ethernet and wirless adapter.

I have google just about everything and can't seem to find how to fix this, but some help would be every appreciated.

Also, I'm not sure which specs and info you need to know for this but just tell me what you need to know and I'll post it in the next reply.

A:Slow internet speed with wired and wireless connection

Use this to test your internet speed and see if you are getting what you are paying for.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

What internet method are you using? (DSL, Cable ect.)

From your specs.

Quote:
Antivirus none
Browser Chrome

No anti virus is not wise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/398848-slow-internet-speed-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Recently moved house and had installed my internet today, the exact same setup.

Right now the only difference with this setup is that the router is plugged into my laptop, and if anything, it's closer to my computer than it was in the previous house.

My problem is that it randomly goes slow for short periods of time, or in games it lags like crazy. For example while watching youtube it'll shoot up the loading bar fast and then all of a sudden stop, and go really slowly, then back into fast speed over and over.

What can I do to resolve this?

A:Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Go to speedtest.net and see what your download and upload speeds are. Watching a youtube video will use less bandwidth than a game would.

You could also do a tracert to google.com to see if there are any high response times.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191565-slow-speed-fast-speed-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, My friend did a windows recovery after he had a black screen when starting windows. Both IE and Firefox had slow connectivity yet I had him do a speedtest with speakeasy.net and it showed good speeds. He says the longer the computer is on, the slower is a surfing the internet. CPU usage is normal.

internet speeds:
2500kbps/400kbps

Could the recovery have messed with his computer networking drivers? He used a gateway recovery disk. His computer is either a gateway or dell computer.

A:After computer recovery - browser speed slow, internet speedtest normal

So your computer is NOT a gateway or dell? Is that what your saying? If so, you can't just use any recovery cd on your computer. Let me know more details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-computer-recovery-browser-speed-slow-internet-speedtest-normal.633758/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, My friend did a windows recovery after he had a black screen when starting windows. Both IE and Firefox had slow connectivity yet I had him do a speedtest with speakeasy.net and it showed good speeds. He says the longer the computer is on, the slower is a surfing the internet. CPU usage is normal.

internet speeds:
2500kbps/400kbps

Could the recovery have messed with his computer networking drivers? He used a gateway recovery disk. His computer is either a gateway or dell computer.

A:After computer recovery - browser speed slow, internet speedtest normal

It might just be spyware/malware. I would check the add/remove programs list for any suspicious programs or toolbars and remove them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-computer-recovery-browser-speed-slow-internet-speedtest-normal-186030.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

A:Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 very slow connection speed

Quote: Originally Posted by ageo7836

Speedtest.net download speed is 3 mbps. The issue is not with the internet as it has been compared to other computers in the house. Fresh install using supplied drivers. Connected using WIFI. Not too far away from internet as my 4 year old laptop gets 3 times faster connection in my room.

Please help - at my wit's end. Custom built a gaming pc and now I can't do anything.

CPU: i5 3470
Mobo: GA Z77n WIFI

What usually works is to connect using a wired connection then go to the Windows Update Center and install all the recent drivers for your new system, this should install the latest driver for the Intel NIC.

If you want the full 300Mbps this NIC is capable of then you will need to use the 802.11N Only setting in your routers set up page, using the mixed modes will slow your connection speed way down to wireless G speeds of 54Mpbs.

Or you could try using the drivers in the link below.
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Mini-PCIe Card Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Wireless Driver & Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298849-intel-centrino-wireless-n-2230-very-slow-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I recently built a new rig I installed Windows on the M SSD and installed Windows on a separate SSD Install went fine installed all the board drivers and activated this copy of Win The trouble As soon as I try to download a file the internet connection speed drops to nothing I can browse the internet just fine At first I thought it was a problem with the Intel network adapter so I purchased a USB wireless adapter installed it and the problem persists I tried running speedtest and the speed starts out fine right where it should be but within seconds or so it drops to nothing Literally ANY file I try to download starts downloading fine and then nothing I've turned off Windows firewall I've tried running speed Windows connection Install internet slow Fresh - 7 HELP? SP1, in safe mode with networking I've uninstalled my virus protection all together I'm at a complete loss any suggestions would Fresh Install Windows 7 SP1, slow internet connection speed - HELP? be appreciated EDIT Everything works fine on Windows btw forgot to add that

A:Fresh Install Windows 7 SP1, slow internet connection speed - HELP?

Trying to download anything just stops. Oddly enough, though, I can still bring up webpages and browse around just fine, even while the download shows at 0. Got a file right now that's stuck....it's gonna time out soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399931-fresh-install-windows-7-sp1-slow-internet-connection-speed-help.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all,
I have windows 7 home premium and internet explorer 9 installed with norton antivirus protection.

My problem.

Since about a week ago i have been suffering from wireless drop out and extremely slow internet in my bedroom via wireless where it used to be good. I tried to update my malbytes earlier and it was still on 0% downloaded after 5 mins before connection cut.
I am writing this in the study where the router is based just to be able to load pages and have a better change of less dropping which it still doing next to the router!

Any ideas guys as this come along all of a sudden and i cant find anything.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:Constantly slow internet speed and dropping of wireless connection.

Hi please close thread as it turned out to be the router at fault and now everything is fine again.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404902/constantly-slow-internet-speed-and-dropping-of-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,
I have an HP laptop and am running XP Service pack 3, default browser is Firefox which is up to date.
My computer becomes very slow when I connect and download from the internet.
When using Process Hacker and clicking on the Network Tab, I find up to a dozen Firefox entries. I am able to close most of these entries, but they then just open up immediately, repeatedly.
In addition, when using Task manager, my CPU graph will show usage of say 50%, but when I look at the processes and the cpu usage there, it cold be as low as 2%.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
summers

A:Intenet connection being hijacked & my computer & download speed slow

Hello summersa,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
   If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
   Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.   Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524212/intenet-connection-being-hijacked-my-computer-download-speed-slow/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello all I m hoping someone can help me This is my first post I have been fighting my internet speeds for several weeks now and Verizon wireless has not been any help I have a HP Pavillion running XP Media Center I use a wireless usb modem like you would on a laptop only I use it on a desktop so it never moves I have great cellular signal with it but my speeds stink up the place I test at speedtest Solved: speed internet on Verizon connection Slow Wireless net I have Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection run spybot S amp D to try to clean up any spyware didn t find much I have run Windows Definder I have done all the normal disk clean up scan disk ect Here is my HijackThis file Any ideas to try would be extremely Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Solved: Slow internet speed on Verizon Wireless connection Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PSIService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS Imgtask exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Photo Card Maker ReminderApp exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C Program Files Alltel QuickLink Mobile QuickLink Mobile exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rm seconduser O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShi... Read more

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I Solved: Internet Computer I Cable? Has connection, New Hi-Speed have Slow have been having a major issue with my internet I will try to provide as much information as possible First of all -I have cable internet my ISP is Charter -I have Computers Laptop and Desktop And i have an old desktop computer Tech Specs gt Laptop XPS M customized at www dell com than months old -Its OS is Windows Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - GB of Hardrive space Desktop new Studio XPS MT -Its OS is Windows Vista Home Premium -Processor Intel Core i GHz -RAM Memory GB - bit operating system - TB of Hardrive Space GB Desktop old ell Dimension Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable? -Its OS is Windows XP -Processor N A i am somewhat unable to use the machine at the moment thus we purchased new computers -RAM Memory MB -less than GB of Hardrive Space Both have McAfee Ok so the problem I am able to connect both the laptop and the desktop new to the internet through my modem and what not However during web browsing online gaming even the simplest of games that only require as little as a dial-up connection downloading and updating When im browsing the web Internet Exploror and Mozilla Firefox say that they cannot display the webpage the typical Task manager reads out a Mbps network speed for quot Local Area Connection It also reads out that the state is quot connected quot Under Control Panel in Network and Sharing center it says im am connected However the connection will randomly disconnect then reconnect On my Local Area Connection Status Network and sharing center gt manage network connections gt I get the following IPv Connectivity Internet IPv Connectivity Limited Media State enabled Duration Varies whenever it las disconnected to the current moment Speed Mbps I ve Tried all sorts of things to fix this I have googled it and found that anything i try comes out to do nothing I have done the following -Run network diagnostics on both the laptop and desktop new -Reset adapter and reset the adapter modem by unplugging the power cord for seconds then plugging it back in -Uninstalled McAfee and got AVG on the desktop -Done a few speed tests probably not correctly because i did not really know what to do with the results I am in a CET I Computer Engineering Technology class in high school and I am a sophmore I havn t asked my teacher about this yet but im going to within the week Thanks for any help or reccomendations that you may provide This is such a mind boggling problem nbsp

A:Solved: New Computer Has Slow Internet connection, I have Hi-Speed Cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-has-slow-internet-connection-i-have-hi-speed-cable.821062/
Relevancy 80.84%

I got a:

PCI-E Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card

So It somewhat works but only a 2 MBPS download speed I know that my wireless network gives off 30 MBPS as my old external wireless USB was getting, but that is broke.

With that broke all I have left is the internal card with slow speed, Unable to render youtube in HD.

Windows shows the internal card has a strong connection of full bars but still slow speed.

Tried updating drivers for it through device manager but none available, So why is it so slow?

P.S. There is room for 2 antennas but having the 2 in makes no difference as It still works with 1, strange.

A:PCI-E internet card not working well, Slow speed / Connection loss

Still got the issue , Tried Uninstalling the device and detecting the device again , result = Still slow

Tried looking for new drivers = none found

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378452-pci-e-internet-card-not-working-well-slow-speed-connection-loss.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i have recently gone from having 2mbps broadband to nearly 7mbps broadband but the web pages seem to take alot longer to load especially if they are new pages that i have not visited before. i was wondering what the reason for this could be?? i thought that if the internet connection was faster then webpages would load faster too. could it be something to do with IE7 although i had no problems with it when i had the slower connection. any help with this would be welcomed.

A:high speed internet connection slow website loading IE7

have u scanned 4 any viruses/spyware?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/high-speed-internet-connection-slow-website-loading-ie7-138025.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 76.11%

I know this is a common problem with a simple answer, but I forgot what the answer was. 

Okay, so I'm browsing normally, no problems with anything taking too long to load. But then as soon as someone else jacks into the router, I get problems with loading things. 

Now I forgot, which of these things is usually used to solve that? A better router? Faster internet service? Both? Something else? 

Also, which of these things would help me with computers that don't get very good browsing speed while connecting wirelessly?

A:Browsing speed is fine, until someone else plugs into the router.

The reason your connectiion appears to slow down is that your ISP provides a certain amount of bandwidth to your connection and this is divided among all the computers connected to it.

So you have, say, a 5Mbs connection, then one computer gets the whole 5Mbs to itself, 5 computers it's 1Mbps per computer. It's not quite as simple as that, it depends a lot on what the various users are doing, but that basically is what is happening.

Unless you have a very fast internet connection, the limiting factor is the speed of your internet connection to your ISP.

Connecting by wireless, as opposed to ethernet, is almost always slower, although the reduction may be very small. It depends on a lot of factors which include : distance from the router; structural materials between the computer and the router; alignment and positiioning of the various aerials.

For computers with reduced browsing speed using wi-fi, probably the biggest difference you can make is to play around with the aerial position. As an example, I use a USB dongle on my desktop which is mounted using a magnetic clip and a short extension cable at the very front top of the right hand side. if the mounting clip slips down by as little as half an inch ( 1.25 cm ) I lose about 25% of my signal !

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521802/browsing-speed-is-fine-until-someone-else-plugs-into-the-router/
Relevancy 76.11%

It started today(that I know of) my speed is 600kbps but my ping is in the 350-550 range. I ran a virus scan and adaware nothing. Could this be my ISP? Or something else?

Relevancy 75.68%

I recently setup a new windows 2003 server. It is not a domain controller or anything special. Just plain windows 2003 server. The problem i am having is: When I go to another pc and try to telnet into this windows 2003 server via ip address or pc name; the connection will take about 15 secs before it shows me a login, then I can log in fine. I have went to other pc's that have windows xp pro and windows 2000 within my network, but all have the 15 secs delay using telnet before a login is shown. If i use telnet on my xp and 2000 pc's and telnet into one of our linux boxes the telnet connects within 1 second...
any help would be greatly appreciated..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/telnet-has-slow-connection.780571/
Relevancy 75.25%

Like the topic says-my internet download speed slows down after 3PM, but my upload stays fine. I know this doesent have to do with website traffic. I tried setting up a server from a firneds computer and downloading from there-same problem.
I went on speedtest.net. Here are my current results:
Upload-794kbps
Download-334kbps

The results at 12PM has the same upload speed, but the download speed was almost 10 times higher. More like-
Upload-734kbps
Download-3424kbps.

What could be the problem?

A:Download Speed Slowing Down After Afternoon-upload Is Fine

It's either traffic or throttling or bottlenecking, as they would call it.1. Maybe you're downloading something and they're monitoring it?2. Does this happen all the time, or has this just started happening? Maybe they're upgrading, or making hardware changes, during those times.3. Have you contacted your isp about this?4. And when you say you tried setting up a server from a friends computer, are you saying that you both are using the same isp company?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84191/download-speed-slowing-down-after-afternoon-upload-is-fine/