Windows Support Forum

Tracker Cookie

Q: Tracker Cookie

Hi there,
Does anyone know how to remove this dam things I seem to get more and more when I scan and they dont go when I press fix on Norton Internet 2007

Many Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tracker-cookie.691543/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tracker Cookie

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 35.26%

I have a clickbank account and affiliate ID, When I promote a product there I am given a hop-link with my affiliate ID, Problem is they send a cookie when I create the hoplink but my computer does not recognize it. My java is enabled, so are my cookies. But running a debug on it says my cookies are off. How can this be? I have win xp, I am at a loss on what I can do to correct this. Anyone have an idea?

A:Cookie issue

sounds like Accept thrid party Cookies is turned off in the browser which you can control on your system but not change on any user which accesses your site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cookie-issue.152333/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm a little confused by this. Isn't the whole point of using a sandboxed browser is that nothing leaves it. SAS picked this up:

accounts.key.com [ C:\AVAST! SANDBOX\S-1-5-21-3583729876-1247344376-3946384776-1000\SFZONE\C\USERS\NIGHTMARE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\JG77RLU5 ]
I assumed that with a sandbox, stuff like this (especially a key bank flash cookie) would simply not exist.
Also, there is no C:\Avast!. I installed Avast to a custom folder and Avast doesn't use the word "Sandbox" to describe it's program in any files, always "SafeZone".

Don't get me wrong, pc's fine. I'm just wondering if this is typical or if Avast just makes a crappy sandbox.

A:Sandbox bank account tracking cookie?

Try using Google Chrome or FireFox with Disconnect + Adblock. That should eliminate the majority, if not all tracking stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandbox-bank-account-tracking-cookie.201827/
Relevancy 35.26%

I've read/heard that if one UN checks the cookies box in ccleaner, they won't need to relogin all the time yet I've never had that happen. Is it possible?

A:Cookie settings for ccleaner?

It is true, clearing cookies will clear the login data. If unchecked your login data will be retained, that is if you opted for the login to be saved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cookie-settings-for-ccleaner.197990/
Relevancy 41.28%

I've used Excite.com for years but with in the last few days I have noticed that a feature of theirs Stock Tracked is missing! Anyone happen to know if this is permanent?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excite-com-stock-tracker-missing.147085/
Relevancy 41.28%

Need help! I have a advantage database program called Manheim tracker 3.097..been working fine until restart on 1/27. Program wouldn"t start up . A ( COMPANY ADT) file error.What is this?Where did it go? Any one fimiliar with this program.?

A:Manheim tracker data problem

Does this link help?
Recovery Toolbox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/manheim-tracker-data-problem.142147/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all,
I just upgraded to Windows 7 ultima and it has IE8 with it, when i had vista running (IE7) i could save the cookies for sites i visited all the time in the allow part of ccleaner, so every time i clicked hotmail, lets say, i would log straight in.

Now, i have done the same for IE8 except even though ccleaner has saved the cookies i have allowed, IE8 never remembers my log in details so i have to log in to about 8 different sites everytime i shut down/switch on.
Where do i set this option up in IE8 please ?

thanks so much for reading and for anyhelp.
Regards,
Lee.

A:Explorer 8 cookie saves?

Under internet options then under privacy then advance. Pretty much the same as prior IE. There are some new security features though. You need to read though what you want to use in IE8. Or just use Firefox or even test that out with what your doing. Make sure you got the latest Ccleaner. You may also want to try instead of Ccleaner is Fcleaner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-8-cookie-saves.139793/
Relevancy 35.26%

I am looking to book airline tickets and I was told to make sure I delete the cookies at the sites i visit or else they know I was there and they won't show a lower price. I heard that there is an app to delete the cookies from my browser (fire fox) with one touch. Any one know anything of this?

A:cookie deletion

I believe you just need to do (in firefox)  Menu, Options, Privacy, Show Cookies, Remove All.  Keep in mind that will probably log you out of any sites you normally use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588030/cookie-deletion/
Relevancy 34.83%

Cookie Monster does not seem to work with IE 11, and gives me nagging errors with Chrome, possibly due to Ad Block Plus Extension being installed.

I want to be able to click certain cookies and blacklist or whitelist them.  I'd like the software to auto-clean every "x" hours, I'd like it to run on browser close, etc...

Any recommendations?

A:Recommendation for Cookie Management Software

Third party utilities to Manage (view & delete) Cookies:IECookiesViewMozillaCookiesViewFlashCookiesViewCCleaner <- under Options > Cookies)WinPatrolCookieSpyKaren's Cookie ViewerFirebug Cookie ManagerMAXA Cookie ManagerFirefox Cookie ManagerFirefox Advanced Cookie ManagerChrome Cookie ManagerUsing CCleaner’s Cookie ManagerUsing WinPatrol’s Cookie Manager

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583044/recommendation-for-cookie-management-software/
Relevancy 35.26%

OS is Win Prof on a laptop My problems started when I tried to of etc. cookie malware, A lot spyware downloud and install a audio program I then got Mystartsearch com and a lot of pop ups started My antivirus program was Awast but I found that it was disabled and not possable to start again So I uninstalled it and installed McAfee instead I used this program a A lot of malware, spyware cookie etc. lot of times to clean my computer I also used Ccleaner and later ProHunter But what ever I do my computer was still infected I then desided to reinstall my OS and was sure that it would solve my problems I have now reinstalled my os two times I have used McAfee ProHunter and RegHunter a lot of times but my computer is still infected Name of some of the programs files are Atwola Adtech o Atlas DMT Serving-sys ProMarket WebtrendsLive Zedo com Adserver Burst Media Statcounter xiti com I don t have Mystartsearch com any more How can I solve those problems

A:A lot of malware, spyware cookie etc.

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.     HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.     Scan with aswMBRPlease download aswMBR ( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.There will be a short delay before the next dialog box comes up. Please just wait a minute or two.When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.Typically this is about a 100MB download so depending on your connection speed it can take a short while to download and become ready.Click the Scan button to start the scan once the update has finished downloadingOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.Note: There will also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat do not delete this for now. It is an actual backup of the MBR (master boot record).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582702/a-lot-of-malware-spyware-cookie-etc/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I am new to this site so sorry if I am posting in the wrong section!

So I have both bitdefender and AVG free installed on my laptop, both of which i installed when i realised i had a virus. Before then i was just using the pre-installed anti-virus software. AVG says the virus is a tracking coookie smartadserver and has located it to the inetcookies folder which is empty. Every day I get at least 8 new pop up warnings telling me there has been another one found and every scan i do it finds minimum 4 every time. My computer is relatively new, just 6 months old, and it is performing terribly so i know that i definitely do have a virus.

Please help someone! I have exhausted all of my very limited knowledge of removing viruses and don't have the money to get it sorted by a professional.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

A:Tracking cookie smartadserver virus

Hello Crimson Fury and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requestedMultiple antiviruses
Yoy say you have AVG and BitDefender antivirus programs installed.
You can not run two real-time antiviruses at the same time. Although many have different methods of searching for and recognising threats, they will all be 'fighting' in memory to kick each other out, rendering them all ineffective.
You need to disable one until we’re finished.
Open the AVG Control Center, by right-clicking on the AVG icon on task bar.
click on Tools
select Advanced
in the left hand pane, scroll down to "Resident Shield".
in the main pane, deselect the option to "Enable Resident Shield."
===================================================Note: Please run these in the order given in the instructions.
===================================================Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
run AdwCleaner
when it has finished, select Clean
if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.
===================================================Download and run Junkware Removal Tool Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
the tool will open and start scanning your system
please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
===================================================Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
press Scan button
it will produce a log called Frst.txt in the same directory the tool is run from
please copy and paste log back here.
the first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the Frst.txt into your reply.
Logs to include with next post:AdwCleaner log
JRT.txt
Frst.txt
Addition.txt
Thanks
Satchfan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579516/tracking-cookie-smartadserver-virus/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Folks I'm not sure where to post this thread so forgive me if this is the wrong section of the forum Has anybody else come across this tracking cookie It gets regularly picked up and deleted by Super AntiSpyware I'm not a particular fan of this malware tool and much prefer MalwareBytes but it DOES persistent - cookie nuisance minadvertising tracking pick up some tracking cookies that MBAM misses It also appears as ad minadvertising com Before posting this I searched on various forums and the internet generally to try and find some clue as to which sites I visit regularly that could be delivering it and I found nothing I've tried to block it on a browser by browser basis but it still keeps coming back I've now tracked persistent nuisance tracking cookie - minadvertising it down to the Internet Explorer cookies folder but the weird thing is that I've disabled IE some time ago and cleared everything out with PrivaZer I'm thinking that maybe it constantly re-appears because some other software is still using IE in a phone-home type of situation and running it in the background Anybody got any hints or tips to stomp this thing persistent nuisance tracking cookie - minadvertising out of existence at least on MY computer Thanks

A:persistent nuisance tracking cookie - minadvertising

Malwarebytes intentionally does not search for and remove cookies because they pose no significant threat...it has more important things to look for.We do not detect or remove cookies as they are not considered a malware threat to your system. There are plenty of 3rd party programs to remove or you can even have most browsers automatically remove if you like.Malwarebytes forum, Post #2 by AdvancedSetup (Root Admin)Cookies are text string messages given to a Web browser by a Web server. Whenever you visit a web page or navigate different pages with your browser, the web site generates a unique ID number which your browser stores in a text (cookie) file that is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from that server. Cookies allow third-party providers such as ad serving networks, spyware or adware providers to track personal information. The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and prepare customized Web pages for them.Persistent cookies have expiration dates set by the Web server when it passes the cookie and are stored on a user's hard drive until they expire or are deleted. These types of cookies are used to store information between visits to a site and collect identifying information about the user such as surfing behavior or preferences for a specific web site.Session cookies (transient or Non-persistent cookies) cookies are not saved to the hard drive, do not collect any information and have no set expiration date. They are used to temporarily hold information in the form of a session identification stored in memory as you browse web pages. These types of cookies are cached only while a user is visiting the Web server issuing the session cookie and are deleted from the cache when the user closes the session.Cookies can be categorized as:Trusted cookies are from sites you trust, use often, and want to be able to identify and personalize content for you.Nuisance cookies are from those sites you do not recognize or often use but somehow it's put a cookie on your machine.Bad cookies (i.e. persistent cookies, long term and third party tracking cookies) are those that can be linked to an ad company or something that tracks your movements across the web.The type of persistent cookie that is a cause for some concern are "tracking cookies" because they can be considered a privacy risk. These types of cookies are used to track your Web browsing habits...your movement from site to site. Ad companies use them to record your activity on all sites where they have placed ads. They can keep count of how many times you visited a web page, store your username and password so you don't have to log in and retain your custom settings. When you visit one of these sites, a cookie is placed on your computer. Each time you visit another site that hosts one of their ads, that same cookie is read, and soon they have assembled a list of which of their sites you have visited and which of their ads that you have clicked on. Cookies are used all over the Internet and advertisement companies often plant them whenever your browser loads one of their banners.Cookies are NOT a "threat". As text files, cookies are inherently harmless and cannot be executed to cause any damage. Cookies do not cause any pop ups or install malware and they cannot erase or read information from a computer. Cookies cannot be used to run code (run programs) or to deliver viruses to your computer. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific Web page.Microsoft's Description of CookiesCookies are short pieces of data used by web servers to help identify web users. The popular concepts and rumors about what a cookie can do has reached almost mystical proportions, frightening users and worrying their managers.Do cookies pose a security risk?Misconceptions about cookiesWhat are cookies, how do they work? - Do cookies pose a security or safety risk?The Unofficial Cookie FAQWeb Browser Cookie Forensics F... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562634/persistent-nuisance-tracking-cookie-minadvertising/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, newbie here

I've recently taken initiative to improve browser privacy and security by adding uBlock Origin, uMatrix and HTTPS Everywhere to my Chromium browser, but I'm not sure how to approach cookies and site data. I've set uMatrix to delete local storage content set by blocked hostnames, but what about site data not in blocked hostnames? This seems to accumulate quickly.

What I want to do here is block all sites from setting any data with the exception of sites which I need session cookies for logins. Would it be better to rather store these cookies and site data, and clear local storage on exiting the browser? Or is the entire concept of deleting data not in blocked hostnames just unnecessary?

A:Cookie Management

Cookies are harmless + block them will cause trouble to view the websites correctly , either go to Incognito Mode/Private Browsing/In Private where contents will not be save or assign the browser to close and clean them.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/cookie-management.52623/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone here at MalwareTips We are working on our web filter which will can help Filter block collect Let's Web ad/tracker - servers MHT to you to keep the trackers away and block ads Also it will stop malware from communicating with the C amp C server s if the domain name is already in our database We won t release technical details for now later hopefully within - weeks in an other thread So we want to make the ad tracker servers list completely community based We will include everything what you report after checking if it s appropriate So feel free to report as MHT Web Filter - Let's collect ad/tracker servers to block much domains as you want and we will check and add all appropriate ones How a report should look like Example Domain google-analytics com Domain googletagservices com Click to expand Example If you can please use this method this makes verifying easier Link google-analytics com analytics js Link googletagservices com tag MHT Web Filter - Let's collect ad/tracker servers to block js gpt js Click to expand If you want to reply just to ask about the software or the system behind it don t do it as we won t tell anything now Thank you for understanding Thanks for everyone who will help us Moderator note The only replies to this thread should be those reporting a domain using the provided examples amp above Use the CODE tags for long lists All other replies will be deleted including questions nbsp

A:MHT Web Filter - Let's collect ad/tracker servers to block

Code:

Domain:0638.info
Domain:2mdn.net
Domain:2o7.net
Domain:8digits.com
Domain:aadserving.com
Domain:adadvisor.net
Domain:adasist.com
Domain:adcash.com
Domain:adcater.com
Domain:adform.net
Domain:adfox.ru
Domain:adhood.com
Domain:adlure.net
Domain:admost.com
Domain:adnexio.com
Domain:adnxs.com
Domain:adobedtm.com
Domain:adocean.pl
Domain:adplxmd.com
Domain:adpozitif.com
Domain:adprotected.com
Domain:adrazzi.com
Domain:adroll.com
Domain:adrttt.com
Domain:ads1-adnow.com
Domain:ads2-adnow.com
Domain:adscale.de
Domain:adslidango.com
Domain:adsniper.ru
Domain:adtech.com
Domain:adtech.de
Domain:adzerk.net
Domain:affsnetwork.com
Domain:ajansreklam.net
Domain:alephd.com
Domain:amazon-adsystem.com
Domain:amplifinder.biz
Domain:amung.us
Domain:atemda.com
Domain:bambar.net
Domain:bbelements.com
Domain:beelert.com
Domain:betburdaaffiliates.com
Domain:bizographics.com
Domain:bkrtx.com
Domain:bluekai.com
Domain:bounceexchange.com
Domain:chango.com
Domain:chartbeat.com
Domain:clicktale.net
Domain:cmcore.com
Domain:connextra.com
Domain:contextweb.com
Domain:coremetrics.com
Domain:cpatrendreklam.com
Domain:crazyegg.com
Domain:creativecdn.com
Domain:criteo.com
Domain:criteo.net
Domain:crwdcntrl.net
Domain:cxense.com
Domain:da-ads.com
Domain:demdex.net
Domain:dimml.io
Domain:directrev.com
Domain:doubleclick.net
Domain:dtscout.com
Domain:effectivemeasure.net
Domain:en25.com
Domain:engageya.com
Domain:ero-advertising.com
Domain:escinteractive.com
Domain:etracker.com
Domain:exelator.com
Domain:faggrim.com
Domain:flashtalking.com
Domain:flix360.com
Domain:flixcar.com
Domain:flixfacts.com
Domain:hit.gemius.pl
Domain:getshar.es
Domain:gigya.com
Domain:go-mpulse.net
Domain:google-analytics.com
Domain:googleadservices.com
Domain:googlesyndication.com
Domain:gravityrd-services.com
Domain:happilyswitching.net
Domain:histats.com
Domain:hitgelsin.com
Domain:hotjar.com
Domain:ibillboard.com
Domain:ilividnewtab.com
Domain:indexww.com
Domain:infolinks.com
Domain:junbi-tracker.com
Domain:kiosked.com
Domain:kissmetrics.com
Domain:krxd.net
Domain:leetmedia.com
Domain:liftdna.com
Domain:ligatus.com
Domain:likebtn.com
Domain:linkz.net
Domain:liverail.com
Domain:m6r.eu
Domain:mads.com
Domain:madsone.com
Domain:marinsm.com
Domain:marketo.net
Domain:med4ad.com
Domain:mediaplex.com
Domain:medyanetads.com
Domain:metaffiliation.com
Domain:metrics34.com
Domain:mgid.com
Domain:mlstat.com
Domain:mobisla.com
Domain:mobytrks.com
Domain:msads.net
Domain:myswitchads.com
Domain:netaffiliation.com
Domain:netbookmedia.com
Domain:netmng.com
Domain:newrelic.com
Domain:nexage.com
Domain:nr-data.net
Domain:nuggad.net
Domain:oclaserver.com
Domain:oclasrv.com
Domain:omtrdc.net
Domain:onclasrv.com
Domain:onclickads.net
Domain:onlinewebstat.com
Domain:onlinewebstats.com
Domain:openx.net
Domain:optimizely.com
Domain:oringmedia.com
Domain:oroll.com
Domain:oxcdn.com
Domain:parsely.com
Domain:perfectaudience.com
Domain:petametrics.com
Domain:pingdom.net
Domain:pixenka.com
Domain:pmelon.com
Domain:popads.net
Domain:popmarker.com
Domain:pradma.com
Domain:prfct.co
Domain:promoviral.com
Domain:pub2srv.com
Domain:pubmatic.com
Domain:pxlad.io
Domain:qservz.com
Domain:quantserve.com
Domain:regadsgx.com
Domain:reklamaction.com
Domain:reklamalan.com
Domain:reklampazar.com
Domain:reklamport.com
Domain:reklamstore.com
Domain:reklamz.com
Domain:reviveservers.com
Domain:revsci.net
Domain:rubiconproject.com
Domain:sail-horizon.com
Domain:say.ac
Domain:sayyac.com
Domain:scarabresearch.com
Domain:scorecardresearch.com
Domain:segmentify.com
Domain:serve-sys.com
Domain:serving-sys.com
Domain:skinected.com
Domain:smaclick.com
Domain:smartadserver.com
Domain:sociomantic.com
Domain:sonobi.com
Domain:statcounter.com
Domain:strands.com
Domain:stroeerdigitalmedia.de
Domain:studads.com
Domain:struq.com
Domain:supert.ag
Domain:swbdds.com
Domain:tapfiliate.com
Domain:triggit.com
Domain:tynt.com
Domain:uzmanreklam.com
Domain:uzreklam.com
Domain:veeseo.com
Domain:virgul.com
Domain:visilabs.com
Domain:visilabs.net
Doma... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/mht-web-filter-lets-collect-ad-tracker-servers-to-block.46693/
Relevancy 34.4%

We?ve spotted an advertising campaign that tricks users into clicking on what looks like a notification alert that actually hides a legitimate advert, therefore abusing both the advertiser and the ad network hosting the ad (Google Ads Services).

The rogue actors behind this fraudulent activity are cleverly leveraging a European law on the use of cookies to seemingly prompt visitors to answer a question.

?The Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer, smartphone or tablet. All websites owned in the EU or targeted towards EU citizens, are now expected to comply with the law.?

Source: The Cookie Law Explained

Read more: https://blog.malwarebytes.org/fraud-...an-cookie-law/

A:Clickjacking Campaign Plays on European Cookie Law

Possibly the most annoying piece of legislation to come out of the EU.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/36578-clickjacking-campaign-plays-european-cookie-law.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I've been hunting high and low for info on how to manage Cookie control for IE11 via group policy / group policy preferences but am struggling to find much that helps.

I would like to add a "per site privacy action" as per the sites button on the privacy tab but cannot find a way to do so in Group Policy.
Any suggestions most welcome
Thanks
Mark

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/26cd4ae6-43f9-4c10-8345-039d9f3a1a88/managing-cookie-control-through-group-policy?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 32.68%

There is a website that users login in to resolve remote issues,
The Login screen appears, they login. All is Fine.
They Logoof the Website.
Try to Login Again and just get a white screen.
I determined the issue is caused by a cookie the website drops into IE Temporary Folder.
As I delete that cookie and the login screen again appears and they can login, but process repeats when they logout.
I searched the Internet and found the following batch file that will delete all cookies....
@echo off
set Cookies=C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
del /q /s /f "%Cookies%"

How do I change it to just delete 1 Cookie?
The cookie would be:
C:\Users\supcbn\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\cookie:[email protected]/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8da52a10-a73f-41af-9ef8-c5d3b7e5d038/windows-7-internet-explorer-11-how-do-you-deleting-a-specific-webpage-cookie-with-a-batch-or-vbs?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 33.54%

hi there,

why does IE11 remove all web passwords when you use CC cleaner and the option "saved passwords" is UNTICKED? it seems as though it's ignoring that, unless they are stored elsewhere and they get cleaned with temp files and company cleanup.

That setting seems to work for Chrome and Firefox, where passwords are kept.

any ideas?

thanks

A:IE11 Saved Passwords gone after cookie/temp files cleanup

actually some interesting insights here > IE11 passwords are being deleted [split from winapp2.ini topic] - CCleaner Bug Reporting - Piriform Community Forums what u guys think? no way of stopping that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/395574-ie11-saved-passwords-gone-after-cookie-temp-files-cleanup.html
Relevancy 35.26%

My computer is sticken with a virus of seemingly epic proportions Random asian web pages keep popping up in IE I use firefox for everything never IE while in general use of computer not virus, or tracking cookie? a this bad Is just a while visiting certain sites or running a particular program For instance i left my Is this a virus, or just a bad tracking cookie? computer copying a large amount of files from my desktop to a removable HDD and when i came back there is a couple of these pages open Then I started getting weird error messages such as one's with Jibberish in the title and Is this a virus, or just a bad tracking cookie? the text with an Is this a virus, or just a bad tracking cookie? 'OK' button At this point I did a Malwarebytes scan and an AVG free scan AVG turned up one trojan and like bajillion tracking cookies Malwarebytes turned up trojan files I deleted them all Next day same thing happened random sites errors etc Did same scan turned up exactly the same errors Kept deleting the files After a few successive scans I realised that all the infections were coming from two folders C windows system E A EF C Documents and Settings Owner local settings temp E N I deleted these folders but they keep coming back There are a few other things that I have noticed Such as when I plug in removable storage and right click it the first two options open and explore are random characters and also there would be random folders such as i ii iii - folders also that when opening folders they would open in new windows even though that setting is switched off I took my USB flash drive into work and put it in the computer and it showed up with a virus on it Also I burnt a CD and that CD had a virus on it as well Some of the other error messages were like this Quote quot not found the kernel library or kernel library is invalid quot Quote quot a program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for internet explorer Internet explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider live search search live com internet explorer will now open search settings where you can change this setting or install more search providers quot So pretty much I spoke to my IT guy and he is like quot only option is to reformat quot so this is what I did last Friday and it fixed the problem no more weird error messages or random web sites popping up I even ran several malwarebytes scans to prove it I got to the stage mid week where I plugged my removable HDD in After leaving the computer copying files to a removable HDD i come back and there are two random internet sites open I run the malwarebytes scan and AVG turns up pretty much exactly the same issues as before format So I reason that there is an infection on the removable HDD which must have manifested itself while the computer was infected Now i notice that on one my my hard drives I have this random file which is the same as this http www techsupportforum com f ll- html I don't quite understand how that file could be located within a hard drive that isn't a system drive So basically now that I have given you all this information and before I go and reformat my computer for the second time in a week please let me know if it is a virus what virus is it possible to get rid of it and does any one know of anyone else who has said virus or is it just a particularly evil tracking program

A:Is this a virus, or just a bad tracking cookie?

bugger, it would appear I have posted in the wrong section. Sorry. Is it possible to move the post? Sorry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-this-a-virus-or-just-a-bad-tracking-cookie-474979.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey Team I am not to sure if this would be the right place to seek help for my issue neways GUYS i am time Idle tracker having a hard time in my organization there is a new application installed on every employees system which is Idle time tracker known as the quot time tracker quot NOw the concern is that if you do not touch the keyboard or the mouse for min it counters a idle time and then adds up to my break time i do not have admin rights to research on it and also my tried effort went in vain I created autorefresh java html script it did not work it refreshed but did not help in idle time Tried website redirect again disappointment it redirects but again did not help in idle time i would be GLAD can you guys can help me find a solution to over come the idle time OS- winxp sp i have restrictions as i am on domain group policy

A:Idle time tracker

Hi and welcome to TSF

I guess, in this day in age, be thankful you have job. I guess the "boss" expects you work since he/they are paying you.

What you are asking we can't help. You basically asking for a work around a
restriction that has been placed on you PC or a requirment of the employer.

Please take the time to review our rules again, they can be found here in case you missed it:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

Closing this post.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/idle-time-tracker-471292.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all!

I was running a scan of computer and as normal avg found some tracking cookies, I chose to remove all unhealed items in the warning section. Now when I turned on the computer the bsod came up saying something about fat32??

Computer came on fine then though, but am worried I have deleted something I shouldn't have.

Can I just go back into avg, view virus vault and restore the files I have deleted?

Thankyou for any help!!!

Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,

For the last few days my PC has been loosing the cookie for my ISPs homepage when re-starting or coming out of hibernation. This happens with both IE8 and Firefox. I have contacted Trend Micro support but so far none of their solutions have been effective. They have also analysed a Hijackthis log and concluded there was nothing sinister going on.

This only happens to the Optus (my ISP) cookie, but Optus are denying any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Rob.

A:[SOLVED] Cookie Problem

Any chance your time/date are off?

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cookie-problem-428120.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I regularly delete my temp files by 'selecting all' then 'delete' which usually gets rid of everything. However I am unable to delete one in particular which is titled [email protected]' Spybot will pick it up as a problem and says that it will be deleted but when the temporary files folder is checked it is still there. I am not sure whether this is a problem but I would like to be rid of it. Any ideas? Thankyou!

A:Doubleclick Cookie

this is associated with Google search and is everywhere: http://www.pcguide.com/vb/archive/in...p/t-14507.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/doubleclick-cookie-405935.html
Relevancy 35.26%

About a month ago I tried to buy a book on Amazon com When I clicked on the quot add to cart quot button I was brought to a screen that said I must first enable my cookies I was pretty sure they IE Help--It's Crazy! Cookie were enabled but I went to the tools menu internet options and then the privacy setting My cookies were set to Medium so I set it to Low Still didn't help with Amazon I still wasn't allowed to put anything into my IE Cookie Help--It's Crazy! cart I emailed Amazon tech support and they said they didn't know what was wrong Well I still can't order IE Cookie Help--It's Crazy! anything from Amazon and don't know why I am using IE and have Windows XP My GF who is sitting in bed next to me right now with her laptop can put anything she wants to in her cart on Amazon I also can't seem to watch videos on www thewb com The various episodes I try to click on come up with a javascript error Again my GF can watch the episodes on her computer fine no problem Does anyone know IE Cookie Help--It's Crazy! what is going on My cookies are set to low I've enabled scripting My security is set to medium etc I'm going crazy trying to figure out what to do Up until a month ago I could order from Amazon all the time I didn't do anything to change settings that I know of Please help me

A:IE Cookie Help--It's Crazy!

Try uninstalling IE7, then reinstalling it.

Try cleaning all previous cookies. Maybe there is some 'corrupted' cookie that is not being replaced but not being recognized.

Uninstall/reinstall Java as well, see if that helps. Using SunJava, of course.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie-cookie-help-its-crazy-355219.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Okay , I can not believe this. Where could my cookie folder have gone? I downloaded IE7 yesterday, and today I went to delete my cookies and the folder is no longer where it normally was. How do I get it back? I searched my computer and can't find a cookies folder anywhere. Sorry If this is a really stupid problem with a simple solution... I'm stumped tho and help is appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Cookie Folder Gone??? (RESOLVED)

in IE7 go to tools, internet options, the second item is called browser history click on settings it will tell you the location of the file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cookie-folder-gone-resolved-130674.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I was wondering if any has heard of a facebook tracker that allows you to see what people have viewed your profile, and if it is out there what are the steps to get it? thanks.

Keith

A:Facebook Tracker

im almost 100% sure there is no such thing. you might be able to see the ips of the people but i dont htink so.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/facebook-tracker-137791.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi this is my protect and files Temporary Can file? Internet password I the the Cookie first post here We got a new computer a few months ago one with Windows XP My son who has his own laptop Can I password protect the Temporary Internet files and the Cookie file? set me up as the Administrator My husband who thinks he knows a lot about computers but DOES NOT has been entering the Temporary Internet file and Cookie file and Can I password protect the Temporary Internet files and the Cookie file? deleting things without I imagine even completely understanding what he is doing The other night he deleted some things while my year old daughter was in the room and she tried to get him to stop because she said although she couldn't see the whole thing a box popped up that said removing this might be harmful to the computer My husband still removed it telling her he quot Knew what he was doing quot The next day I had numerous problems with the computer including an inability to get a dial up connection once I did get one I could not get a lot of our pages to open and several other things My son ran Ad Aware Spybot and Clean Up in case we had gotten something on the computer but it didn't help and he had to do a Systems Restore My daughter then told us that my husband had been removing things from the computer My son said to check here and see if there was anyway I could add those files to the ones that only the Administrator could tinker with A friend of his online last night said for me to just drag those items into my Administrator files but my son was not sure if this would work and doesn't want us to screw around with the files if it wasn't safe Is there a way to keep my husband out of those files How would I set it up Thank you Lisa

A:Can I password protect the Temporary Internet files and the Cookie file?

My, you do seem to be having problems. The answer to your question is that you can only protect folders that are in your user profile. Folders such as Internet Temporary Files and Cookies are common folders and therefore accessible to anyone. However, deleting files from these folders is unlikely to cause the problems you describe. I routinely clear out my temp files and cookies. It just means that for those websites where, for example, passwords are needed, you will have to re-enter them rather than it being done automatically, but it wouldn't stop access to sites. It's more likely that system or program files are being altered or deleted. If your husband is a restricted user, he shouldn't be able to alter these. If you've got problems with your computer you can try doing a system restore. Do you know how to do this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-password-protect-the-temporary-internet-files-and-the-cookie-file-134729.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I am in the process of Browser problem cookie/java fixing a Spyaxe Browser cookie/java problem infection thanks to some wonderfull folks here But Browser cookie/java problem I have noticed the following problem when I go to certain websites now I get this warning and the page won't fully load Right now your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and or javascript In order to access your account you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript How do I change my browser settings This depends on the browser you're using If you are getting a message asking if you want to accept cookies choose Yes Otherwise we Browser cookie/java problem recommend that you click the quot Help quot button at the top of your browser in order to learn how to properly accept cookies and javascript You'll most likely be able to enable these settings by locating the Security and or Privacy tabs found within quot Internet Options quot in your browser's quot Tools quot pull-down window I've gone to the Security and or Privacy tabs found within quot Internet Options quot and I can't find the solution they suggest How do I reconfigure my browser settings to allow java and cookies Thanks in advance for all help and advice

A:Browser cookie/java problem

Under Security and/or Privacy tabs click Advanced button.
Also under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab click Restore Defaults

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/browser-cookie-java-problem-84077.html
Relevancy 34.4%

In spybot SD it shows a tracking cookie called n-case, I cannot get rid of it, in safe mode it does not show up and I think it may be the cause of my problems with music on firefox and mozilla, where it only plays a few seconds, in safe mode(if I could have heard it) would have played the whole thing. Any help or suggestions?

A:Unable to remove the tracking cookie N-case

If it gives the full name of the file, try browsing to it and deleting it. You may have to change the folder options to show you the hidden files.

Off Topic:It's always a good idea to clear the Java cache. Browse to the Java Control Panel and clear it. ;)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-remove-the-tracking-cookie-n-case-54777.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I usually have my internet settings to prompt me before saving any cookies. My husband was on the computer the other day and a whole lot of ads got on the computer and a kalvsys virus or something. I think I got everything off and the pop-ups have stopped, but it won't prompt me before saving cookies anymore, it just automatically saves everything. I'm assuming something in my registry is messed up and I don't know how to find it, or fix it. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Cookie Problems

Before you start tweaking your registry make sure in your Pop-up Blocker Settings you have checked both boxes in the "Notification and Filter Level" area. In case you have forgotten how to do this (with so many new features happening in XP SP2) click tools in IE >Internet Options>Privacy and at the bottom of the page you will see the Pop-up Blocker area click Settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cookie-problems-34957.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I am trying to set up user accounts in WinXP Home. I can't seem to keep everyones account from running together. someone told me I needed to disable cookie sharing. Does anyone know how to do this & will it solve my problemn ?
Thanks,
Cilki

A:How do I disable cookie Sharing ?

Hello and welcome to the board,

Cookie sharing shouldn't to my knowledge be a problem in XP home ... its a feature of XP Commerce program (thats disabled by default) and relates to sharing cookies across TLD and SLD's on your network ... :no:

What are your current cookies settings in your browser?, and how many user accounts do you have on your machine?

Also are you experiencing the same problem with other users desktops and personalizations bleeding over?

Post back and let me know ... if anyone else has heard of cookie sharing outside of MS Commerce Server then by all means let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-disable-cookie-sharing-2008.html
Relevancy 35.26%

To make a long story hardware a such a as there Is cookie? thing short I had an account with a large Is there a such thing as a hardware cookie? advertising platform and was banned over years ago because they had a policy change and they cleared out a lot of people Anyway years later I want to get back in and try again I obviously learned what they do and don't like Is there a such thing as a hardware cookie? so I ain't going to make the same mistakes Problem is I can't get back in without basically changing my identity I've tried using a new IP address virtual machine new credit card with different billing info with a different name and a VPN All in attempts to create a new account and start over Normally this would be more than enough to let me start fresh almost anywhere else But for some reason they still know Somewhere a long the lines I am stepping on a trip wire At first I didn't know what to do I thought maybe I just couldn't get back in and gave up But then someone I talked too today told me about a hardware cookie That the reason I am being tracked is because there is a cookie that is basically passing all my computer's info on to them and that it didn't matter what I did if I still used that computer that they would know it was me and their systems would flag me Now I didn't really create this thread to get info on how to bypass their systems to let me back in I created the thread to ask if something such as a hardware cookie can exist If so how would you get rid of it

A:Is there a such thing as a hardware cookie?

Never heard of a hardware cookie. Unless you register with a different email address than the one you used last time on that website, your registration will not be accepted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-there-a-such-thing-as-a-hardware-cookie-653491.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hi
Several websites I visit daily are not saving my information.
I use Firefox 3 and Vista Premiun with SP1
This problem just recently, and I have uninstalled all recent downloaded programs, and cleaned the registry.
In the browser, it states that I will accept all cookies, and there are no exceptions checked
One of my regular sites emailed me that perhaps my cookies are being washed by some program that has a cookie washer in it
May I kindly ask how can I find this 'cookie washer'?
and, do you think that that may be the problem
thanks
peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/maybe-i-have-a-cookie-washer-problem-343975.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple Windows Vista desktop software that runs in the background that just keeps a log of the time that my laptop is on and running. I just want something to track the number of hours I work each day. I don't need to keep track of the tasks. And I don't want to have to turn on and turn off the program -- I want it to be completely automatic (but not a memory hog).

I've searched download.com. But all the software there seems quite complicated (ie, it requires me to enter in tasks, etc). Perhaps I searched the wrong thing (I searched "desktop time tracker").

Does anyone know of anything like this?

Thanks for the advice.

A:Looking for simple time tracker software

Hi, in XP it used to tell you "system uptime" now it records only "system boot time" still you can easily work out how long you have been on. Go to start accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:- systeminfo press enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/looking-for-simple-time-tracker-software-334151.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hi all
I need your help with IE7 security / privacy options and vista home.
> When I sign in to Blockbuster.com the status does not change to sign out.
... cannot access my movie selection
> the system prompts me to change my cookie settings

Although I accept all cookies and check for cookies overriding - system brings me always back to the sign in status.
> I do have the same issue with with other pages.

Is anybody familar with this problem and can help me ?
Thanks a lot.
- timelines

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-cookie-behaviour-157603.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Is there a free cookie blocker available ?. I am getting a silly ammount of cookies and it is slowing loading of my internet badly .
I have tried adjusting the settings on privacy but then everytime I use Firefox or my email I have to sign in which is a nuiscance .
This cookie problem has only just started and is becoming annoying.
Thanks

A:Cookie overload

You can disable them in Firefox here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...te-preferences

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cookie-overload-838218.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I want to keep certain cookies that contain my preferences, like the Bank, etc..., but delete everything else. "Cookie Monster" is the one I remember the most, so I installed it and it doesn't work. Says "Chrome is running" when it's not, and doesn't display any cookies from Internet Explorer 11.

Manually browsing to my IE cookies, they appear encrypted/randomly named and will not allow me to delete any of them manually. Is this normal? I don't remember this being true for IE7.

Is there a cookie management utility that will work with IE 11?

A:Cookie Management Software

Is this the software you speak of?

Cookie Monster - An utility for managing cookies of most usual browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera & Gecko - AMPsoft

There seems to be a large amount of managers out there:

Best 5 Cookie Managers tools download !

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cookie-management-software-1019074.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello all! I have a simple question, I was wondering with internet explorer, a pop up ad that pops up in a seperate window and you block it, does it leave a cookie? ( this is for Windows 8) does white listing it make a cookie?

A:Cookie for blocking an ad

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

It will leave a cookie and it will download the images on that website. To prevent that, you can use something like this:

Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cookie-for-blocking-an-ad-1002706.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I've tried using fixes others have had success with for finding and reactivating my cookies folder in IE9 for Windows 7, no luck. This means no cookies are saved, I have to re-logon to sites even when I'm already signed in (if I click links to other pages in the site), cannot access some sites, etc. I tried re-creating a cookies folder where it's supposed to exist already and, sure enough, it said that the folder already exists but it is not visible to me and even if it were it's of no use to me. And YES, of course my hidden files and folders are showing. It's only the cookies I'm having problems with.

My problems started after I cleared my browser history and temporary files, along with manually deleting a lot of cookies. I probably made a mistake, shame on me.

A:IE9 cookies folder lost, cookie functionality gone

Try this:

Go to the address bar in Windows Explorer and put in C: \Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Cookies. The Cookies folder should re-appear if the system is saying it already exists. It's just hiding for some strange reason when you try to navigate to it manually.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie9-cookies-folder-lost-cookie-functionality-gone-600056.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue or has a solution I've been trying to block Doubleclick Google's tracking cookie using all the recommended methods I've set my browser to block all third party cookies and then added doubleclick com and doubleclick net to my blocked sites list It didn't slow the cookie down one bit I've even set it to block both first and third party cookies Doubleclick blocking avoids cookie and found doubleclick and only doubleclick has returned Then I downloaded Google's opt-out plugin and loaded it It still only takes about five minutes of browsing for AdAware to find the cookie on my computer again and in my registry it's difficult to tell So Google's own opt-out option is basically bogus I have IE so I can browse InPrivate-- and that does seem to work-- but it's so restrictive I Doubleclick cookie avoids blocking can't get at some email accounts Has anybody had the same experience Or discovered another solution I know it's not a quot dangerous quot cookie per se but I've found google ads following me which is incredibly irritating I'll visit a website Doubleclick cookie avoids blocking and then had ads for the site pop up everywhere I've even had ads ask me to come back to their website cuz the quot miss me quot And I only visited them once It's freaky

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/doubleclick-cookie-avoids-blocking-502509.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hello popup box cookie all i cookie popup box have a minor problem but somewhat annoying i have internet explorer running on windows XP For some reason a popup box see attachement picture comes up when i open another tab or even open internet explorer and cant proceed to any page untill i click ok it comes saying www example com for a few websites not just the one in the picture I have to press ok for each one before i can proceed any futher to any website The websites that popup i the box all seem to be secure sites that require a login I have so far -uninstalled IE in add or remove programs and also in add or remove windows componenets in control panel -looked through the various options in tools gt gt options within IE and changed them around -searched google without much luck as the combonation of cookies and box doesnt search for the correct thing - run spybot search and destroy hoping if it was spyware it would remove it Any help would be great thanks Daryl

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cookie-popup-box-477378.html
Relevancy 35.26%

IE on work computer was upgraded from 6.1 to 7. I can't find cookies anymore. Tried these things with no luck.

In IE7 Tried tools - internet options - settings - view files and although I get a display of the same dir as I did in IE6.1, there's nothing in it. "0 objects".

In Windows Explorer I right clicked on local settings-went to c:\documents and settings\...\local settings - properties and unchecked hidden.

In Windows Explorer I searched for a cookie by name and did not find it.

1. Where are the cookies ?
2. How can I get at them ?

A:IE 7 cookie location

You might want to ask your system administrator. It is possible they disabled them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-cookie-location-436907.html
Relevancy 35.26%

My work computer got upgraded from IE6.1 to IE7. I can't find where the cookies are kept now. Tried 3 things with no luck:
1. from IE 7 menu: tools-internet options-settings-view files and it goes to the same dir as IE6.1
2. from Windows Explorer: right clicked on the local settings directory, gone to properties-general-and unchecked hidden
3. wrote a cookie and then searched for it by name

I am sure cookie values are being used and that new ones are being made.

1. Where are they on IE7 ?
2. How do I get to them ?
3. Are they not being written to the disk and just in memory ?

A:ie7 cookie location

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please do NOT start multiple threads on the same problem.

Here is what it says in the forum rules:

Quote:

MULTIPLE POSTING

This refers to posting the same question or same replies in multiple areas of the site (also called flooding). Please only post only once. If you feel you have posted in the wrong forum, contact a Moderator or Manager, who will move the post for you. This also includes the creation of multiple new threads on the same or similar topics and sending PM's continuously to one or more Staff members.

Click here for the rules

This thread is Closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-cookie-location-436901.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Whenever want to view BSNL Dataone usage portal, a message comes stating "sorry, you cannot access portal because your explorer is not cookie-enabled. Please set your explorer cookie-enabled, and access portal again". Want to know how to set the explorer cookie-enabled? My IE version is 6.

A:How To Make IE Cookie Enabled

1) UPDATE TO A HIGHER VERSION OF IE

Period.

Then post back if you have a problem...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-make-ie-cookie-enabled-409561.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Ohh man i don't know how this happened.

Ok Ok i lowered down all the programs to my original set up which is my Norton Symantec Antivirus and my Windows FireWall and cookies save well.

Then I got ZoneAlarm, then SpyBot Search and Destroy and then Avast! Then somewhere between those time period my cookies haven't been saving.
I got Firefox but it crashes too much and when i uninstalled all those programs and disabled ZoneAlarm

My COOKIES ARE STILL DISSAPEARING!

Please Help?

A:IE8 and 7 Cookie Problems

See the other thread on this> http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...es-358826.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-and-7-cookie-problems-358828.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all This may be a question that has to Cookie Ongoing Problems be directed to MS but I'm hoping that someone may be able to offer some leads Forgive me for just copying and pasting most of the information below -- I'm posting this query on a few different boards We offer corporate bank account information reporting mostly reported on via internet banking and are having a problem with IE duplicating and thereby invalidating the security cookies placed on our server by the banking websites We're using Dell servers running Server K v R to report on around accounts which consist of approximately individual logins per server and are using IE In order that the cookies are able to be shared across all users who access our server our reporting procedures launch all scripts and IE windows as a single shared elevated quot user quot As a result our elevated profile should have around K valid cookies at any given time Across our clients we have different logins for the same banks and online banking platforms What we're seeing is duplicated cookies Instead of a single adminprofile somebank txt we have adminprofile somebank txt adminprofile somebank txt etc Other variations include adminprofile www somebank txt for the same banking website As a result we fairly often for some Ongoing Cookie Problems bank sites daily have to reregister the servers in order to access the websites Given the number of sites we access on a daily basis this leads to some considerable delays and extra work for our processors Some of our scripts use VB to access and collect the information some are more simple recorded macros Both access methods result in the same cookie problems We've decreased our privacy settings added the problem websites to our trusted sites exclusions list gone over our IE settings painstakingly tried deleting all cookies and even deleting and recreating the admin profile with no success Sorry for the lengthy post I'm Ongoing Cookie Problems just trying to make sure I cover everything as this is a more unique way to beat up IE Any suggestions or resources I should consult If I can provide Ongoing Cookie Problems any further information I'll be glad to do so Thanks MrSage

Relevancy 35.26%

So in FireFox there is a setting that will force the cookies to expire. That is the "Keep Cookie Until..." setting. Is there such a thing in Internet Explorer? I would like to force our websites cookie to expire without having to clear the cookie manually each time I access the site. The site is designed to have a persistent cookie that expires after 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/force-cookie-expiration-in-ie-300529.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I am using IE 7, having just installed a new XP on a new computer. I read in HELP that my cookie folder should be at C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Cookies. There's no folder labeled Cookies there. I assume I can sort my temp files and find them (I cleared out my cookies before I tried that), but am wondering why the folder isn't where it should be? Thanks for your help.

A:Where is my cookie folder?

Here's the thing about the cookies folder: it's a sham!
Here's why I say that: in old versions of IE (4 and 5, maybe 6 too I don't remember), the cookies are both in the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies folders. If you go to your cookies folder, and delete all the cookies by hand, they actually stay in the Temporary Internet Files folder!! You actually have to remove them from Temporary Internet Files to remove both instances. In later versions of IE, the cookies folder doesn't exist anymore, but you can still find your cookies in Temporary Internet Files.
It's normally in
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
You may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to access the Local Settings folder though. To spot the cookies, click on view, and pick details, then sort it by name. All the cookies will have names like cookie:[email protected] and be text files.
Another quicker way to get to Temporary Internet Files in IE7: Go to Tools, Internet Options, under Browsing History pick Settings, then click on View Files.

This is only if you want to delete select cookies by hand. If you want to delete all of them, go to Tools, Internet Options, under Browsing History pick Delete, then click on the Delete Cookies button.

I should mention there are third-party freeware utilities out there that allow you to manage cookies in IE (seems like a feature IE lacks - Firefox has it without any third-party plugins)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/where-is-my-cookie-folder-296583.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I work for a small charity and we have had a complaint from some of our team that one paid employee is always surfing the internet. When we so many volunteers, who are unpaid you can imagine the bad feeling it creates.

Anyway, I went onto the computer; open IE6>Tools>Internet Option>settings>view files and sure enough there are loads of cookies etc in that folder for non-work related websites. I can see when those sites/cookies were last accessed.

Is there any program I can use that allows me to find a way to print a log of this folder so that I can talk to the employee concerned and just gently remind her to use the internet during lunch breaks or before/after she clocks in/out.

Thanks

Helpcharity

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/print-off-cookie-list-and-properties-265952.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all,

I have query regarding some popup cache cookie display. When i click a link for the first time in my application it open a new window and it contains some image link when i click on any image link it displays correctly. but if i close the new window and again click on the first link. In the new window iam unable to see this image links.it simple displays some text.But when i open the same file the next day it opens for the first time and then afterwards if i clicks on the first link. it displaying only text. i am using IE 6. This Problem doesnot exist when i execute the same application in Firefox so many times. Can any one please help me out in this issue.

thanks in anticipation

Sridhar Muddasani

A:Regd Cache Cookie Popup Displays Wrongly

Hello and welcome to TSF

Sorry I dont understand what you are asking. IF screenshots will help please provide some.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/regd-cache-cookie-popup-displays-wrongly-209486.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I've just installed a new voip router alongside my broadband router and it all worked fine.

Sadly I can't log on to "My Ebay" page and a couple of other sites which I log into, I can access the home pages it's just the log in sections I can't access.

I've tried deleting my cookies in the Internet Options area, but I still can't log in, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do next or what the problem might be?

any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Zim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-have-a-cookie-problem-121819.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi there,

Ive recently had an issue with PC's on a domain here at work. They seem to be having cookie problems. Users cant log into email accounts and forums seem to log users out and people have to re-sign in alot.

All the browsers are set to accept cookies, i have checked this on PC's experiencing this problem.

So even though the PC's browsers are accepting cookies, websites dont seem to think they are.. any ideas??

thanks,
Alistair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cookie-problem-112664.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm using Internet Explorer on WindowsXP and my cookies won't keep me logged into anything I've deleted all my cookies and internet files reset my internet settings and turned my secruity all the way down to low and privacy settings down to low as well Is there anything else I can reset I disabled Norton AntiVirus and I don't have any software firewalls running I'm on a network and I have a linksys router I don't think that has anything to do with it though Is there a way to Cookie Werid Problem IE6 uninstall IE or reinstall it on Windows XP Maybe if I could reinstall it it would reset everything and work I finally just reformated my computer last night and now Werid IE6 Cookie Problem when I have the date set to the th all my cookies work except for perl based things like UBB and YaBB forums but when I have the date set to the th none of my cookies work I tried to set the date to the th delete all my cookies restart and they still didn't work I have all my internet security and privacy settings to low I haven't even installed my Anti-Virus yet so it's not that and I don't think it's my firewall either This is so Werid IE6 Cookie Problem weird Anyone have any ideas Thanks Tom http www schwartzfans com forum sh s amp threadid

A:Werid IE6 Cookie Problem

Does it work with all your settings set to default?
You may have to turn the cookies security to OFF, Ive noticed trouble similar to what you've explained, and I just turned it off, (set to accept all cookies) then I just empty the temp folder after each session.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/werid-ie6-cookie-problem-556.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Can?t log in as two different users in Firefox at the same time?how do i fix this in java code?

A:why does session timeout occur when two tabs share cookie in mozilla/IE7

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. You want to be logged into one user on your computer, but have two different profiles open in FF? I am not sure that this is possible.

The second part to your question is that you want to rewrite or write new code that will do this for you?

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/why-does-session-timeout-occur-when-two-tabs-share-cookie-in-mozilla-ie7-347038.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have been using firefox for about a year now, gotta say i love it. but this problem happens for both firefox and IE. Im going to initally blame it on the norton trial i had, but ill leave that up to you to decide.
When i use my website or any other website i get really unstable cookies, they work temporarily, some of the time. This prevents me from: administating phpbb forums, listening to internet radio and many other things.

I had just uninstalled a norton trial when it started, i did find a temporary solution which is to clear all cookies, but the problem returns about a day later. Im thinking it has to do with the excess security of norton.

anyway, thank you for your assistance.

A:Big Cookie Problems

Since the problem exists with Fx and IE, it would seem not to be anything to do with them but more something affecting both. If it only started with removing Norton, then I'd agree that it has to be a suspect. As I understand it, Norton can be a bit of a job to remove entirely and maybe vestiges of it being left over could be causing the problem. Look up 'norton removal' on a search engine for suggestions. The 'Norton Removal Tool' and other methods are mentioned. I'm not a Norton user so I'm not sure if these removal methods rely on Norton being installed to work, or if they will act as a 'clean-up' tool after Norton is uninstalled. Perhaps others might advise on this.

Do you have a 'System Restore' point available from a time before Norton Trial was installed? If so, perhaps try going back to that. This could return your computer's behaviour back to how it used to be. What security measures are you using now? If they were installed after uninstalling Norton and you use a restore point that was created before it was installed, it could be necessary to re-install current security (and any other) programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/big-cookie-problems-130710.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hi, how do you block third party cookies. is it in the browser settings or do i need to download a program? if i need to dl a prog can you suggest a good one to use, thanx.

ps i use both fire fox and mozilla regularly so would need a prog that is suitable for both/each. also i rarely use ie, so dont need one for it.

A:3rd party cookie blocker (ff & moz.)

I'm sure there are other ways to block 3rd party cookies, but this is how I do it.
Zone Alarm > Privacy > Cookie Control > Custom. Here you can block session, persistent or 3rd party cookies.
Zone Alarm's privacy settings seem to override my browser's, so cookies enabled in Firefox will still be blocked if Zone Alarm disables them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/3rd-party-cookie-blocker-ff-and-moz-52159.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Is there any such thing as an application for Mac Opera which would list all the cookies in one window? The way Opera handles cookies is rather awkward when one is trying to manage them because one has to check every individual hostname in the site preferences list and go to the cookie settings for that host. Surely there must be something that can read the cookies4.dat file and list the cookies in human-readable format?

A:Mac Opera cookie list

Widgets for Opera seem to do things that are irrelevant to the operation of the browser or are trivial. Why are there no widgets that do useful tasks such as listing all the cookies in one window, or listing all the Flash cookies and maybe giving one the option of deleting said cookies?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/mac-opera-cookie-list-527248.html
Relevancy 35.26%

when i go to scotia online ialways get cookie brouser detect i have to click the second time for it to open.anyone know why this happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cookie-brouser-detect-228010.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I switched to Firefox after a Kalvsys (miracle search) problem in IE. For the most part I was sastified with FF.

The other day while at Frinedster.com I notced that I was getting pop ups that FireFox and my pop blockers were not stopping. Then I was asked if I wanted to accept the following certificate: (update|addons|aus|pfs|iguana).mozilla.org
website certified by an Uknown Authority.

Then today with out having any browesers open it the certificate request popped up again. Has anyone head of this?

And yes, I have Norton AV, Adaware SE Plus, Spyware S&D the (newer ver) and spyware blaster. I have run all but nothing is coming up.

Can someone please lend and assist or help ID this?
thanks
jevna

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/firefox-pop-and-cookie-certificate-issues-37600.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

First my superaitispyware found this (please see the following):
Generated 07/15/2009 at 10:09 PM
Adware.MyWay
HKU\S-1-5-21-2104054462-3242262833-941974269-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0494D0D1-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC}
HKU\S-1-5-21-2104054462-3242262833-941974269-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0494D0D9-F8E0-41AD-92A3-14154ECE70AC}
Then superantispyware found all these one after another, I kept on doing scan and delete, and they just kept on coming back (please see below):
Generated 07/17/2009 at 00:21 AM
Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
Generated 07/18/2009 at 10:09 PM
Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
Generated 07/19/2009 at 12:09 PM
Adware.Tracking Cookie

Please help,
Thanks,
Tom

A:Adware.Tracking Cookie, keep on coming back, please help

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:37:26 PM, on 7/19/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Stardock\SDMCP.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Program Files\ICBCEbankTools\ICBCAntiPhishing\IcbcDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\reliz\akeys.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDSched.exe
C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe
C:\Program Files\Startup Faster 2004\sfAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\SlimBrowser\sbrowser.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/...ch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: IE7Pro - {00011268-E188-40DF-A514-835FCD78B1BF} - C:\Program Files\IEPro\iepro.dll
O2 - BHO: HelperObject Class - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\SnagIt 8\SnagItBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RoboForm - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: SysShield IE Popup Blocker - {9A23B8A4-C6C9-4A68-8FA6-5F905DC8FF80} - C:\Program Files\SysShield Tools\Internet Eraser\pkext.dll
O2 - BHO: ???????????BHO - {BB4491A2-D11A-4c6b-91C0-B53246A3122B} - C:\Program Files\ICBCEbankTools\ICBCAntiPhishing\Icbc_AntiPhishing.dll
O2 - BHO: WOT Helper - {C920E44A-7F78-4E64-BDD7-A57026E7FEB7} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O2 - BHO: Java? Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: IncrediBar - {D8073790-84C7-4602-BF77-C6ACBF1612E4} - C:\Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/adware-tracking-cookie-keep-on-coming-back-please-help-396655.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Ok so my AVG scans everynight at midnight and for the past weeks it comes up with the same dozen cookies as warnings I will post a s s later as soon as the scan is done but i have ran Avg Malwarebytes and spybot S amp D and they are not picking up anything virus spyware wise besides these same cookies every night I'm wondering if i should just give Hijack This a try any ideas Ok so i gave Hijack This a whirl aaand Code Logfile of Trend Micro problem Weird Cookie HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost Weird Cookie problem exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Weird Cookie problem system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files GIGABYTE EnergySaver GSvr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc Weird Cookie problem exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS V Mon exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Backups Windows Windows security backup files Windows security update d exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook DeviceVM Url Search Hook - BF -BFFF- B F- D - DF F DD - C WINDOWS system dvmurl dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run GEST m O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware quot C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C P... Read more

A:Weird Cookie problem

AVG Results

Code:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite";"Found Tracking cookie.Casalemedia";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\ad.yieldmanager.com.539b0606";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\ad.yieldmanager.com.557bf2b0";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\ad.yieldmanager.com.8a47878";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.1820df7a";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\ad.yieldmanager.com.b68f2b7b";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\ad.yieldmanager.com.ff92306";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.1dfa2206";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.525a5fb9";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\casalemedia.com.350339d4";"Found Tracking cookie.Casalemedia";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.203aa218";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.b624fa46";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\advertising.com.f62113d5";"Found Tracking cookie.Advertising";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\burstnet.com.c4fe2ebb";"Found Tracking cookie.Burstnet";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\casalemedia.com.2d37ad26";"Found Tracking cookie.Casalemedia";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\casalemedia.com.fb62dd4b";"Found Tracking cookie.Casalemedia";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ogfhxxvr.default\cookies.sqlite:\doubleclick.net.bf396750";"Found Tracking cookie.Doubleclick";"Potentially dangerous object"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owne... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/weird-cookie-problem-390921.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there..my PC keeps logging off at various stages and the AVG anti virus is not able to complete a scan as it logs off in betweem...i uninstalled norton and put free AVG on...norton could not complete either...it can sometimes take 20 attempts to log on once i have pushed the on bitton on the tower...it seems that windows does not start properly and t the 20th attempt it does..then it logs off at intermittent times..also when is try to do disk cleanup it doesnt complete and logs off HELP!!

A:[email protected] tracking cookie HELP NEEDED !!!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through allthe steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/admin-mediaplex1-txt-tracking-cookie-help-needed-348278.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Vista Home Premium SP BitDefender Internet Security Just recently BDIS is finding this Cookie o virus It removes it but the next scan finds it again Yesterday the scan found two of these and the Cookie.2o7.net second was called Cookie doubleclick or something like that That one didn't show up today I have scanned with Spyware Doctor SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes and nothing is found with these programs I have gone into Tools Internet Options Security Restricted Sites Sites and tried to add this item to Cookie.2o7.net the list and it tells me this is Cookie.2o7.net already listed in another zone and I have to remove it from there before adding it here I went to Tools Internet Options Privacy Settings Sites and found this item listed there so I removed it and then went back to the above location to try and add it and was given the same message so I added in back to this location I checked my cookie settings and I have selected to block rd party cookies Is there any way I can get rid of this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cookie-2o7-net-507197.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,sorry for multi-posting,i did not realise that messages cannot be deleted, this is the actual post for my problem(ignore other posts by me). I received a few friend requests from an official well known chat group. These requests are being send through by its official site to my hotmail.However there are notices that pop ups when i clik accept the friend requests.These notices seek for my permission to allow access to my DNS,keyboard and mouse. I do not know whether my computer is infected. I need help in removing these tracking programs juz to make sure the information in my computer is safe.Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-in-removing-dns-tracker-496721.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I didn't know if I should post a log file of some kind I don't see if it would do any good I don't know if I've had this for a while or if it's new The cookie quot atdmt cookie removed atdmt.com permanently can't be com quot cannot be removed I've tried SpyBot Search and Destroy Spyware Doctor Norton Internet Security Malwarebyte Anti-malware all of them claim they've removed it but it immediately shows up again on another scanning I've tried manually deleting it but it doesn't even budge I've scoured websites and forums for solutions but none of them provide any solutions There is no toolbar addon supposedly atdmt.com cookie can't be removed permanently by Dell that I can disable there is no quot atlassolutions quot entry or key in my registry there's literally NOTHING except that one cookie and it ALWAYS comes back I've also added quot atdmt com quot to my blocked cookie and website lists for IE and Firefox but it still comes back The only thing I haven't done yet is restart in safe mode delete it manually and try again I couldn't delete it in safe mode either Sorry I don't mean to bump it but I can't edit my previous posts I tried a system restore to yesterday before my last Windows update and the cookie was there I could believe that I've had this for a while unknowingly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/atdmt-com-cookie-cant-be-removed-permanently-456353.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I recently fell victem to the 'nimp.org' trick. For anyone unfamiliar with it, here's a description : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nimp.org

Anyway, when it happened I quickly shut my computer down, and when I started it again I did a full system scan with my Norton Internet Security 2009, which discovered a virus (some sort of trojan) and a tracking cookie and removed both.

However, since then, every time I do a scan it discovers a tracking cookie. No matter how many times I remove it, after I've been on a few websites its always there at the end of a scan. I know tracking cookies aren't harmful or anything, its just really annoying me.

Can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/constant-tracking-cookie-418460.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I Cookie Possibly Malware/Spyware/Tracking Found noticed this problem recently with sudden performance drops while playing World of Warcraft I made another post about it however I have gone through two reformats and a full drive wipe provided by a boot amp nuke program since then and am completely baffled as to how this thing has survived I believe it to be some sort of Malware Spyware I would play WoW and my FPS and performance would suddenly drop only to return to normal sometimes seconds later The probelm has sustained through all the wipes so I've redownloaded DDS and GMER and here are my logs DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Fri Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Malware/Spyware/Tracking Cookie Possibly Found Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc Malware/Spyware/Tracking Cookie Possibly Found exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe Malware/Spyware/Tracking Cookie Possibly Found C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Psuedo HJT Report BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO A A -BACC- D - - A E E - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - c progra avg avg AVGTOO DLL mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dll AppInit DLLs avgrsstx dll SERVICES DRIVERS R AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Driver x c windows system drivers avgldx sys R avg emc AVG Free E-mail Scanner c progra avg avg avgemc exe R avg wd AVG Free WatchDog c progra avg avg avgwdsvc exe R AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redirector c windows system drivers avgtdix sys Created Last - - a------- c windows gmer ini - - lt DIR gt --d-h--- C AVG VAULT - - a------- c windows system drivers avgtdix sys - - a------- c windows system avgrsstx dll - - a------- c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows system drivers Avg - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume admini applic AVGTOOLBAR - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files AVG - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume alluse applic avg - - -c------ c windows system dllcache bthport sys - - -c------ c windows system dllcache afd sys - - -c------ c windows system dllcache srv sys - - -c------ c windows system dllcache win k sys - - -c------ c windows system dllcache ntoskrnl exe - - -c------ c windows system dllcache ntkrnlmp exe - - -c------ c windows system dllcache ntkrpamp exe - - -c------ c windows system dllcache ntkrnlpa exe - - -c------ c windows system dllcache mrxsmb sys - - -c------ c windows system dllcache rmcast sys - - a------- c windows system SET D tmp - - -c------ c windows system dllcache msadce dll - - -c------ c windows system dllcache inetcomm dll - - a------- c windows system SET D tmp - - -c------ c windows system dllcache netapi dll - - a------- c windows system SET tmp - - -c------ c windows system dllcache msxml dll - - lt DIR gt --d... Read more

A:Malware/Spyware/Tracking Cookie Possibly Found

Hello, DaveATR
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .
We need to run a Scan with DDSPlease download DDS, and save it to your desktop, from one of the following mirrors:This is a mirror
This is another mirror

Disable any type of "Script Blockers" or "Script Protection" installed on your system.
Double click on your desktop.
If prompted by any script blocking tools, please allow any actions taken by DDS.
When prompted to preform an Optional Scan, please select
Two reports will open. Please reply with the generated reports:DDS.txt <-- Copy and paste into your next post
Attach.txt <-- Attach to your next post

We need to scan for Rootkits with GMERPlease download GMER from one of the following mirrors:This is the Primary mirror
This is a Secondary mirror
This is a Secondary mirror

Close any and all open programs, as this process may crash your computer.
Unzip the downloaded file to your desktop.
Double click on your desktop.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
You may see this window. If you do, click No.

Click on and wait for the scan to finish.
If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
Push and save the logfile to your desktop.
Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.

In your next reply, please include the following:DDS.txt
Attach.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-spyware-tracking-cookie-possibly-found-312888.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok so i Neverending Popups! Please on Help! always Accept Cookie's All! have been having trouble with this Pop Up issue The pop up's are relentless and will not go away even with pop up blocker On top of that everytime i set my Cookies to Medium Default they get reset back to accept all This is annoying me greatly Although here is my Hijack log Please someone Help me I have AVG Free Ed Spybot Ad-Aware and SUPERAntiSpyware EDIT I have tried the steps and nothing has worked I might need to redo them again but i'm not sure Please Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Neverending Popups! Cookie's always on Accept All! Please Help! Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MONyog bin MONyog exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files GIMP- bin gimp- exe C Program Files GIMP- lib gimp plug-ins script-fu exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http xbox com O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - D E AF-F E- B - F-DE D C B - C WINDOWS system pmnmmMcY dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO aa-c -fca - a - e e b aa - aa b -e e - a - acf- caa - C WINDOWS system zfkzym dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - Toolbar Yahoo u C - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Rea... Read more

A:Neverending Popups! Cookie's always on Accept All! Please Help!

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode if needed. This allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

As part of installing the Recovery Console, ComboFix will begin to run. Follow the prompts to install the Recovery Console. Your desktop may disappear. This is normal. It will return.

Once the Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:

Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

Also...

Please go to Start > Run and copy/paste the following, then press Enter:

C:\QooBox\Add-Remove Programs.txt

A text file should open. Please post the contents of that file in your next reply.

If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/neverending-popups-cookies-always-on-accept-all-please-help-286340.html
Relevancy 34.83%

problems slow system performance pop-ups even after popup blocker enabled location of infections C Users srivatsava AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Low srivatsava tribalfusion txt C Users srivatsava AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies tracking and cookie infection trojan Low srivatsava statcounter txt C Users srivatsava AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Low srivatsava ad yieldmanager txt C Users srivatsava AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Low srivatsava zedo txt C Program Files ESET infected OCSJFEBA NQF C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Report abc Report cab media php xor C Program Files ESET infected LI SPCA NQF C Program Files ESET infected FF DBDA NQF C Program Files ESET infected D VTFAA NQF C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Report abc Report cab media php xor C Program Files ESET infected YDWT AA NQF D Program Files ESET infected D VTFAA NQF D Program Files ESET infected FF DBDA NQF D Program Files ESET infected OCSJFEBA NQF D Program Files ESET infected YDWT AA NQF C Users srivatsava AppData Local Temp media php tracking cookie and trojan infection blowfish dll C Users srivatsava AppData Local Temp media php etgl exe C Users srivatsava AppData Local Temp media php kgqfwelteax dll Deckard's System Scanner v Run by srivatsava on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Cleaned registry with Windows Live OneCare safety scanner - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Post-Dell Automated PC TuneUp - - UTC - RP - Pre-Dell tracking cookie and trojan infection Automated PC TuneUp -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Pre-Dell Automated PC TuneUp Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows System tracking cookie and trojan infection csrss exe C Windows System wininit exe C Windows System csrss exe C Windows System services exe C Windows System lsass exe C Windows System lsm exe C Windows System winlogon exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System SLsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows System BCMWLTRY EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exe C Program Files ESET nod krn exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows System stacsv exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System SearchIndexer exe C Windows System drivers XAudio exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C Windows System wbem WmiPrvSE exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Windows System dwm exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files DELL MediaDirect PCMServ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/tracking-cookie-and-trojan-infection-266296.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I noticed that my internet connection was getting slower and slower and then I was unable to go onto certain sites because of cookies disabled I found out info on google and changed the settings on Internet Options but it kept reverting to cookies disabled While I was checking 'security' and 'trusted sites' I saw a site called 'asia msi com tw' and I thought strange so I googled it and somehow got a copy of a log file which had among other things HijackThis exe Copy of the mysterious logfile Cookie 'HijackThis' by Problems caused - Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows Cookie Problems - caused by 'HijackThis' WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C Users Hell-Spawn Program Files x BitTorrent DNA dna exe C Program Files x Xfire xfire exe C Program Files x Schmads Inc G TeamSpeak G TeamSpeak exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files x Opera Opera exe C Program Files x TeamSpeak teamspeak RC TeamSpeak exe C Users Hell-Spawn zwischenspeicher tsadminclient TSAdminClient exe C Users Hell-Spawn Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C PROGRA ICQTOO toolbaru dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO XTTBPos - FD D- A - e - D-DC B D - C PROGRA ICQTOO toolbaru dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Anmelde-Hilfsprogramm - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C PROGRA ICQTOO toolbaru dll O - HKLM Run NSLauncher C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Software Launcher NSLauncher exe startup O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ICQ quot C Program Files x ICQ ICQ exe quot silent O - HKCU Run PcSync C Program Files x Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe NoDialog O - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Users Hell-Spawn Program Files x BitTorrent DNA dna exe quot O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files x Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - Startup Xfire lnk C Program Files x Xfire xfire exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra button ICQ - E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - C Program Files x ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ - E EB -F - -A BA-FE C C - C Program Files x ICQ ICQ exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nlaapi dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system napinsp dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Gopher Prefix O - Trusted Zone http asia msi com tw O - Trusted Zone http global msi com tw O - Trusted Zone http www msi com tw O - DPF DBCB -F - - D-AD FF BC AB NVIDIA Smart Scan - http www nvidia com content Driver... Read more

A:Cookie Problems - caused by 'HijackThis'

Hello Good People

Just to let you know that I couldn't wait any longer for your reply as I couldn't get into my bank accounts and I was scared that they could have been compromised...

I then remembered that my son had had a new motherboard installed just a couple of months back so I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows, which has done the trick.... I would have liked to have known how to solve the problem another way..... as a person doesn't always have to option to wipe everything and start again without losing anything important....

Thankfully my bank accounts were fine, so I changed the passwords etc and I am now reloading all the software again.... I forgot how long that takes !!!!

You never know, I might have to visit your site again in the future.... I just wish I knew what all that log information meant..... it's just gobblydegook to me...

Cheers

Silken

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cookie-problems-caused-by-hijackthis-254169.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have this cookie that keeps coming back almost immediately after I remove it even if I am not doing anything online I've ran yahoo antispy adaware spybot ccleaner and running spyware blaster and windows defender I've also scanned my system for viruses yet mail ru tracking cookie reappears almost immediately after I remove it Heres my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet admin exe C Program Mail.ru cookie tracking Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cba pds exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system cba xfr exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Mail.ru tracking cookie PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Mail.ru tracking cookie Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http att yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll ... Read more

A:Mail.ru tracking cookie

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop . Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - minimised > extra.txt and maximised > main.txt.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt back in this thread (do not attach it).

Online Scan
Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan Click on located at the bottom of the page.
A "pop up" window will appear. * Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it *
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click "Free Online Scan" *The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place*
Begin the scan by selecting If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
Click on then click
* You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

In your next post please include:Main.txt
Panda Activescan Log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mail-ru-tracking-cookie-165677.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I am on my sister's computer and she has been complaining that her computer said it had a virus that at one point it alerted her of a trojan and running several spy-ware programs says that she has quot possible browser hijack attempts quot and quot tracking cookies quot She says her computer has been slowing down and many popups of advertisements have been occuring Any help at all would be computer; attempts; Slow here. cookie; Log possible hijack Tracking trojan. browser great Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv Slow computer; browser hijack attempts; Tracking cookie; possible trojan. Log here. exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver aolavupd exe C WINDOWS U RlcGhhbmllIFF aXNwZQ command exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPFService exe C Program Files Network Monitor netmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPfTray exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe c program files common files aol ee aolssc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D A E - A - f- A- B BF D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - FFC - - b - CB- CBB E - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - A DC- CDB- - - A B - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - A B - - CD - AA - D C D - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar no name - D C- EFE- f a-AA - A F - no file O - Toolbar UCmore XP - The Search Accelerator - BE - - f - BB- FFD E - C Program Files TheSearchAccelerator UCMTSAIE dll file missing O - Toolbar amp VSToolBar - F FF- - - E - E EC F - C Program Files VSToolbar VSToolBar dll file missing O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run CleanUp C PROGRA McAfee com Shared mcappins exe v cleanup O - HKLM Run mmnext C WINDOWS next exe O - HKLM Run F-F - B-BB-ZN C windows system oldsregp exe GEN O - HKLM Run ExploreUpdSched C WINDOWS System mwinmpes exe GEN O - HKLM Run newname c nwnmff e exe O - HKLM Run defender c dfndrff e exe O - HKLM Run keyboard c kybrdff e exe O - HKLM Run webHancer Survey Companion quot C Program Files webHancer Programs whSurvey exe quot O - HKLM Run AOLSPScheduler C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver AOLSP Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run sscRun C Program Files Common Files AOL ee SSCRun exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program... Read more

A:Slow computer; browser hijack attempts; Tracking cookie; possible trojan. Log here.

Hello mephalina00, and welcome to TSF. You may wish to Subscribe to this thread so that you are notified when you receive a reply. To do this click Thread Tools (above the first post), then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions. If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes. Please do these steps in order and do not skip any.

HijackThis Is In Temp Folder
You are running HijackThis from a temporary directory. It needs to be in a permanent folder. Please go into Windows Explorer, click on C: then click on File > New > Folder and call it HJT, or another name of your choice. Extract HijackThis from the archive and move it to this folder. The program creates backup files that we may need to use later. If the program is in a Temporary folder, files may be deleted by you or automatically if your system is set to empty temp files.

Unhide Files
Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and select "Show hidden files and folders". Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" option. Also make sure there is no checkmark beside "Hide file extensions for known file types". Click OK.

Download CWShredder
Download CWShredder and run it. Click Check for Update. Click on 'I Agree' button if you agree. Click on 'Fix' (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you) and then click OK. If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here. Let it finish the scan and then hit Next and Exit.

Download CleanUp!
Download and install CleanUp! but do not run it yet.

WARNING: CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any temporary folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!

WARNING: Do not run cleanup under Windows XP x64 Edition. If you're not sure if you have the 64-bit version of Windows then you probably do not; however, you can check by using IE to download the whichcpu tool and then running it.

Download AVG Anti-Spyware
Please download, install, and update AVG Anti-Spyware Anti-Spyware.Load AVG Anti-Spyware and then click the Shield tab at the topClick on the word active to change it to inactive.

Click the Update tab at the top:Under Manual update, click Start update. After the update finishes, the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful".
Under Automatic update, change the Update interval to something more reasonable like 12 or 24 hours.

Click the Scanner tab at the top and then the Settings sub-tab:Under How to act?, click Recommended actions and select Quarantine.
Under Reports, select Automatically generate report after every scan

Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do not run a scan with it yet.

Download Brute Force Uninstaller
Please download Brute Force Uninstaller to your desktop.Right click bfu.zip on your desktop, and choose Extract All. Click "Next".
In the box to choose where to extract the files to, click "Browse".
Click on the + sign next to "My Computer".
Click on "Local Disk (C:) (or whatever your primary drive is).
Click "Make New Folder" and type in BFU. Click "Next".
Uncheck the "Show Extracted Files" box and then click "Finish".
RIGHT-CLICK HERE and choose "Save As" (in IE it's "Save Target As") in order to download the Alcra PLUS Remover. Save it in the same folder you made earlier (i.e., C:\BFU).

Do not do anything with these yet!

Download ComboFix
Download ComboFix from one of the following links: http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/combofix.exe
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/combofix.exe
Doubl... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-computer-browser-hijack-attempts-tracking-cookie-possible-trojan-log-here-121846.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I feel that someone is monitoring me I have a couple of emails address that I can not log into from yahoo I was wondering if there is some type of software that can track someone tracking tracker monitioring my computer For example win-spy is a monitoring spyware that allows the remote tracking tracker user into your computer when you are online It has keylogging snapshots email tracking and other things for a person to track you For now I have keylogg hunter and spy cop installed on my computer But win-spy states it can stop anti-spyware What can I do I am just average user HIJACJTHIS LOG Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at tracking tracker AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C tracking tracker WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Lexmark X LEX SU exe C Program Files Keylogger Hunter KeyloggerHunter exe C DOCUME David LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run CaISSDT quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe quot O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run LMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup Keylogger Hunter lnk C Program Files Keylogger Hunter KeyloggerHunter exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Lexmark X Settings Utility lnk C Program Files Lexmark X LEX SU exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF A E - F C- DD -ADE - FAB ctlProductChecker ProductChecker - http bcontractors safeguardpropert uctChecker cab O - DPF AB CE -AC F- F- -D ABCA EC Get ActiveX Control - https h www hp com ewfrf-JAV oadManager ocx O - Service CAISafe - Computer Associates International Inc - C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service VET Message Service VETMSGNT - Computer Associates International Inc - C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrus... Read more

A:tracking tracker

Download WinPFInd http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...r/WinPFind.zip and extract it to your C:\ folder. This will create a folder called WinPFind in the C:\ folder.

Download Track qoo http://www.geekstogo.com/downloads/Trackqoo.zip
Save it somewhere you will remember like the Desktop. Unzip the Track qoo.vbs inside to your desktop. DO NOT run it yet!

Reboot into Safe Mode
Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.!

Inside C:\WinPFind is a file called WinPFind.exe. Double-click on this file to launch the program. Once it is launched, click on the Start Scan button and wait for it to finish. This program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works as it can take a while, upwards to 30 minutes or more.! Once the Scan is Complete it will make a txt file (log) of what was found.

1. Go to the WinPFind folder
2. Locate WinPFind.txt
3. Please post those results in your next post!

REBOOT to normal mode.

Double Click on "Track qoo.vbs"

Note - If you Antivirus has Script Blocking, you will get a Pop Up Windows asking you what to do. Allow this Entire Script to Run, its harmless!

Wait a few seconds and a notepad page will pop up, Copy & Paste those results and place them in the next post along with the results of WinPFind!

So I need the following tool logs..

WinPFind.txt log
Track qoo.vbs log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/tracking-tracker-89396.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I am having some cookie saving problems I usually have my computer set to prompt me before saving any cookies but ever since I got the kalvsys virus it won't prompt me anymore even though I still have it set the same way Here is my HJT analyzer results log Hopefully someone can help Thanks Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight Problems Cookie com download htm programs Security Programs Detected O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System csrrtmgr exe C WINDOWS System ds kui exe C Documents and Settings Myles amp Dani Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for KRC HijackThis Analyzer zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Cookie Problems Internet Explorer Main Start Page http Cookie Problems www shoryuken com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www shoryuken com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - HKLM Run p W tU ds kui exe O - HKLM RunOnce MicrosoftAntiSpywareCleaner C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcASCleaner exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Messenger C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe O - HKCU Run Y u RjYpg csrrtmgr exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - ProtocolDefaults 'http' protocol is in Trusted Zone should be Internet Zone O - ProtocolDefaults 'https' protocol is in Trusted Zone should be Internet Zone O - DPF C CD-CF E- C-A - F B B LightSurfUploadCtl Class - http pictures sprintpcs com active oadControl cab O - DPF E E C- E - C - EB- FCD EFB - http www globalphon com dialer int onale ver CAB O - DPF BAC - DD- - D- A E D A Yahoo Photos Easy Upload Tool Class - http us dl yimg com download yaho opper us cab O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http download games yahoo com game ploader v cab End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:Cookie Problems

Hi and Welcome
It may help you if you print out or copy this page for easy reference.. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order its listed..These instructions only apply to HJT v1.99.1

Please Keep your browser and all open programs closed (except firewalls and antivirus) when you are carrying out the fixes.

Please do NOT run Hijack This in a TEMPorary folder or on the Desktop. I recommend c:/program files/HJT/

Turn off System Restore instructions (WinXP)
Rightclick My Computer | Properties | System Restore | check ?Turn off System Restore?, <Apply>, <OK>. Reboot. When we have confirmed that your log file is clean, you may renable System Restore and create a new restore point.

SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS.
To show hidden files instructions (WinXP)
Doubleclick My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | View tab
Select Show Hidden Files and Folders
Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types
Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
Select Apply to All Folders | Yes | Apply | OK
------------------------------------------------------------------

Files highlighted in BLACK will need to be removed from your hard drive.

Please start by putting HJT in SAFE MODE. During reboot, tap the F8 key. Select Safe Mode and then run "Hijack This"

Uninstall the following programs (if they still exist) Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc.Tools->Open Uninstall manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click End Process for each one if they are still listed.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\csrrtmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ds1kui.exe

Have "Hijack This" fix all the following items in the list below by placing a check in the appropriate boxes.Confirm that you have only the listed ones checked, then press <Fix checked> and Close HJT.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [p35W3tU] ds1kui.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Y0u6RjYpg] csrrtmgr.exe
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in Trusted Zone, should be Internet Zone
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'https' protocol is in Trusted Zone, should be Internet Zone

Open Windows Explorer and delete the following highlighted file/s (or delete the whole (Red) folder if listed).

C:\WINDOWS\System32\csrrtmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ds1kui.exe

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Check that you have carried out all the above steps/fixes and then reboot into Normal Mode and download Cleanup This will clean out your tempory files.

When finished please post a new log......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cookie-problems-47506.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a tracking cookie that keeps re-appearig even after I remove it each time. The cookie is cgi_bin(1).txt. I have SpywareBlaster, but it doesn't seem to prevent this tracking cookie. But Ad-Aware detects it and removes it.

How can I prevent this cookie for good?

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:cgi-bin tracking cookie

Hello:
DOWNLOAD Hi JACK THIS
go here,http://tools.zerosrealm.com/hjt.zip
Latest version.
Go to http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware regesitry
Read KRC Anti-Spyware Tutorial.
Do everthing suggested.
Then run HJT and post new LOG.
This will help Security Team to digest your problem
Hope this will help...Marty

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cgi-bin-tracking-cookie-15693.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi AVG keeps detecting tracking cookies when I open my browser A small cookie opening detected on Tracking window pops up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen However when I run an AVG scan it doesn't pick anything up My computer is running very slowly When I run SAS it does pick up some threats but as soon as I close the program I get the same AVG notice appearing in my bottom right hand corner Tracking cookie detected on opening If I run SAS again immediately it usually catches or Tracking cookie detected on opening more threats Tracking cookie detected on opening Eventually it catches none but the AVG notices still appear If I leave my computer and come back the next day and run SAS again it picks up about the same number of threats as it did the previous day How do I get rid of these tracking cookies once and for all Thanks for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Amir Khan at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system AESTFltr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www thehungersite com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun AESTFltr SystemRoot system AESTFltr exe NoDlg mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun hpWirelessAssistant c program files hewlett-packard hp wireless assistant HPWAMain exe mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched... Read more

A:Tracking cookie detected on opening

Hello and welcome to TSF

The logs did not show anything wrong. We are going to check with a different tool instead.

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
See this link for instructions on how to do this:
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/tracking-cookie-detected-on-opening-606020.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Trying again to post my files using a different computer DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise Enabled Outdated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system cisvc auto Re: cookie settings\owner\cookies) (c:\documents and downloads exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Re: auto cookie downloads (c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies) vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system sstray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files eMachines Bay Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon Re: auto cookie downloads (c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies) exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files DS Clock dsclock exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan McUicnt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www Google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page access less net uWindow Title Access Less mWindow Title Access Less BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO ST ede -c b - e- - bf af e - c program files msn apps st en-xu stmain dll BHO MSNToolBandBHO bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files msn apps msn toolbar msn toolbar en-us msntb dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - No File TB MSN bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files msn apps msn toolbar msn toolbar en-us msntb dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil l Plugin exe -update plugin mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun nForce Tray Options sstray exe r m... Read more

A:Re: auto cookie downloads (c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies)

Hello and welcome to TSF. My name is Taylor and I'll be helping you with your fix.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/re-auto-cookie-downloads-c-documents-and-settings-owner-cookies-565438.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all at TSF I'm really really stuck and starting to get worried about this one now tracking cookie.casalemedia problem Vista 64 can not get delete of even find tracking cookie casalemedia as shown as an AVG alert every time i open my browser Opera - could do with some advice please - thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by User at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A tracking cookie.casalemedia Vista 64 problem -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe tracking cookie.casalemedia Vista 64 problem C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C tracking cookie.casalemedia Vista 64 problem Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RAVCpl exe C Windows PixArt Pac Monitor exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files x Virgin Media HUB VirginMediaHUB exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Windows SysWOW PGPserv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Virgin Media HUB ServicepointService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows sysWOW wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users User Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll BHO CmjBrowserHelperObject Object fe a - d - - ad- b cffb b - C Program Files x Mindjet MindManager Mm InternetExplorer dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - C Program Files x EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - C Program Files x EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll uRun Steam quot C Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silent uRun ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe uRun EA Core quot C Program Files x Electronic Arts EADM Core exe quot -silent mRun VirginMediaHUB exe quot C Program F... Read more

A:tracking cookie.casalemedia Vista 64 problem

Hi,
I'm nasdaq

Please download CCleaner (freeware) from here.
Run the installer, and uncheck the option to install Yahoo toolbar (unless you want Yahoo toolbar).
Once installed, run CCleaner.

The following should be selected by default, if not, please select:

Then please click and choose

Please uncheck

Then go back to and click to run it.

If presented with an option to install 3rd party software, deny it.
===

If the tracking cookie is still being reported please give the the complete path of the file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/tracking-cookie-casalemedia-vista-64-problem-559725.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, recently i came across a few notices on asking me for permission to access my mouse and screen when i accept buddy request from an online chatgroup web. I'm not sure whether my computer is affected by it but i would like to know how to remove these so as to make sure that my computer is safe. Thanks.

A:Help in removing mouse and screen tracker sent by others

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Quote:

recently i came across a few notices on asking me for permission to access my mouse and screen when i accept buddy request from an online chatgroup web.

You should not allow anybody to access your computer remotely unless you know and trust the person 100%.

If you suspect that they may have infected your computer , we want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-in-removing-mouse-and-screen-tracker-sent-by-others-510807.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,

For the last few days my PC has been loosing the cookie for my ISPs homepage when re-starting or coming out of hibernation. This happens with both IE8 and Firefox. I have contacted Trend Micro support but so far none of their solutions have been effective. They have also analysed a Hijackthis log and concluded there was nothing sinister going on.

This only happens to the Optus (my ISP) cookie, but Optus are denying any problems.

I have originally posted in the XP Support forum, but one of your folks suggeted I post here.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Rob.

A:Cookie Problem

Hello -

I hate to give you a runaround, but I have my doubts about a cookie issue like that being malware related. I would ask back in Windows section, or in Internet Explorer subforum.

That said, you would need to post logs as indicated in the link provided by Speedster if you want help in this section of the forum. We work from logs as well as issue description.

HijackThis is woefully inadequate for many of today's infections. We don't use it as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cookie-problem-428113.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello please disregard or delete my tracker-blue screen Trojan-cookies previous post as I don't think I followed your procedures correctly as I posted from work and was rushing I am experiencing vista blue screen which Trojan-cookies tracker-blue screen I guess is from downloading Photoshop not the one that's installed now though through LIMEWIRE now uninstalled and possibly accepting an end user agreement by accident called 'netnucleus' which I think transferred a TROJAN I ran Mcafee and it picked this trojan up and I deleted it but forgot the name of the trojan Ran mcafee again and it said clean Still blue screened Ran Windows Defender and it said clean still blue screened so I ran dumpchk on the minidump with debugging tools and it gave me probably caused by Mpfp sys Mpfp seems to be a mcafee driver as in - c pograms mcafee FWdriver Mpfp sys amp in - drivers c windows system I uninstalled Mcafee Still blue screened Ran debugging tool dumpchk on the new minidump file and it gave me probably caused by ntoskrnl exe nt e b Which I have been advised is a legitimate program I then downloaded SPYBOT and it picked up 'webtrends' a cookie collecting application removed ran Spybot and said clean Still blue screened System does seem to be alot more stable but still blue screens now and then PLEASE HELP I have attached the correct zip files now and here's the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dan at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Magic Doctor MagicDoctorKbdHk exe C Program Files Samsung EBM EasyBatteryMgr exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Mobile Broadband Connect AutoUpdateSrv exe C Users Dan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows TEMP xktvuldwto exe C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows sy... Read more

A:Trojan-cookies tracker-blue screen

I just though I'd update this post.

I understand it may push back it being looked at though.

Just ran updated Windows Defender and it found this.

Trojan:Win32/winwebsec

Alert Level: Severe

Category:
Trojan

Description:
This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Advice:
Remove this software immediately.

Resources:
file:
C:\Windows\Temp\ xktvuldwto.exe

file:
C:\ProgramData\19214044\19214044.exe

Also this file tried/caused this window pop up...

interactive secrices dialog detection.

a program can't display a mssage on your desktop.
the program may need information or permission to complete a task.

*show me the message

*remind me in a few minutes

program(s) or device(s) requesting attention...

Message title: Crytical Error!
Program Path: c:\windows\temp\xktvuldwto.exe
received 35th July 2009, 14:01:27
This problem happened because of a partial incopatibility with windows.
please contact the program or device manufacturer(s) for more information.

The trojan it found is also in the dds log..

xktvuldwto can be found in 'Running Processes' near the bottom.

And

19214044 can be found in 'Created Last 30' at the top.

Which you guys already probably spotted!

Sorry if this update has upset anyone as it may been seen as a bump but i understand that it the older posts that seen to first. I really appreciate what you guys do and hope you can still resolve this as I'm sure my registry has damage.

Thanks all!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trojan-cookies-tracker-blue-screen-398428.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi there I got some help with my machine you guys were awsome I have since installed a couple ok a few Firefox extensions and Spy Bot keeps coming up with one last annoying cookie that remains after a fix and reboot I'm sure this will be easy for you guys but I don't really want to guess at what to delete I'm not one Just darn cookie!! last even going to look at the HiJack file I'm about to post I will think I know what I am doing and quot fix quot something Just one last darn cookie!! if you know what I mean I have attached a screenshot from Spybot with the little maggot that keeps returning Again I just got some help recently I'm fairly certain we can do without the heavy duty virus logs and all that if you insist I will do it again but please take a look at the HiJack log before you ask me to do that again I have two drives the Ewido takes a LONG time Thanks - J n Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator Just one last darn cookie!! DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Blue Security bluefrog exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM NTPTIME EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Documents and Settings Jenifer My Documents HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SmcSe... Read more

A:Just one last darn cookie!!

Hi jrobin,

Glaswegian had given you a list of downloads. This one will take care of that cookie for you along with many others:

Download IE-SPYAD.EXE to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email. This is a self-extracting .ZIP file, and save it to your desktop. Once downloaded, double-click on it to extract the files inside (default dir is C:\IE-SPYAD)
From within the folder, double-click install.bat
Select Option #2 - Install the new IE-SPYAD list, by typing 2
Then return to the main menu.
Select option #4 - Add the old porn sites domain, by typing 4

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/just-one-last-darn-cookie-98201.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Besides these two I also seem to have Elite toolbar and Sasser last nite as well I have done spybot Adaware Adaware is coming up clean Spybot cannot seem to finish quarantining the files found above I am on different machine currently Sex Adaware and A Tracker as my IE cannot work I'm not even running IE and I'm getting popups sounds like Elite is back ARRRRGHHHH Please review HJT Sex Tracker and A Adaware Log and give me some help pleeeeaaase I'm in China on business and Laptop is my only link to work etc Logfile of Sex Tracker and A Adaware HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes Sex Tracker and A Adaware C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system userinit exe C WINNT system Atiptaxx exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C WINNT DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter WPC Cfg exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINNT system cmd exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner mor on search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www earthlink net partner mor on search html F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe userinit exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run E TaskPanel quot C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe quot -winstart O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Global Startup Dataviz Messenger lnk C WINNT DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Global Startup Wireless-B Notebook Adapter Utility lnk C Program Files Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter WPC Cfg exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF BAC - DD- - D- A E D A Yahoo Photos Easy Upload Tool Class - http us dl yimg com download yaho opper us cab O - DPF E E E - AA - D -ABA - AA C GpcContainer Class - https partminer webex com client v ex ieatgpc cab O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINNT System Ati evxx exe O - Service CWShredder Service - Unknown owner - D CWShredder exe file missing O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Client Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe O - Service Remote Administrator Service r server - Unknown owner - C WINNT system r server exe qu... Read more

A:Sex Tracker and A Adaware

Welcome to TSF.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/ente...all_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers.

Go to Start->Run and type in services.msc and hit OK. Then look for Remote Administrator Service (r_server) and double click on it. Click on the Stop button and under Startup type, choose Disabled.

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINNT\system32\userinit32.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.php
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,userinit32.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Administrator Service (r_server) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\r_server.exe" /service (file missing)

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINNT\system32\userinit32.exe - delete the file exactly as shown here
C:\WINNT\system32\r_server.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/sex-tracker-and-a-adaware-49119.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I've tried blocking this cookie in my chrome browser, IE, and firefox but it still shows up in ccleaner as do a few other sites that seem to run in the background.  It only happens on my desktop not my laptop which also runs Win7 x64. My desktop runs Win 7x64 pro.

Any idea what might be happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591574/persistent-webwhatsappcom-cookie/
Relevancy 35.26%

I had some help recently from bleeping regarding a problem getting into my hot mail account on live.com, whilst using my new vista with IE7.
Someone there told me to go into privacy in internet options and choose Medium on the slider - then to add the live.com to the Sites button, then go back into Advanced and select 'Overide Automatic Cookie Handling' and make sure First and Third party cookies are highlighted.
I did all that and it worked!
However following day it was the same. I do have Privacy Keeper installed which removes traces including cookies - would this be the problem. If this is disabled though, wont i be open to cookies?

Or is there another explanation?

A:Cookie Problem With Hot Mail

If another application removes cookies regularly, changing your browser settings to accept certain ones will not have the results you want. You may be able to "protect" certain cookies if Privacy Keeper has such an option.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123508/cookie-problem-with-hot-mail/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok I m stumped While I am on IE I keep getting messages from resident shield stating that it has detected threats The notification pops up Cookie Folder the Case of Missing The in lower right corner of The Case of the Missing Cookie Folder my screen then disappears after a few seconds I can clearly see the file path I then go to my computer and follow that path and there is no cookie folder or anything else resembling a cookie to be found I used Malware to clean up files and check for threats it found nothing and am now running AVG free version after updating it I also ran CCleaner I can guarantee you that when I open IE again I will again get those messages The last time the notifications popped up one right after another about seven of them in the short time I was on the net It ticks me off that I can t figure out where they are parking the cookies Webtrends was the name of one of them but there were plenty of others less recognizeable Suggestions Thanks in advance UPDATE I typed in the path name and that worked There they all were The AVG The Case of the Missing Cookie Folder full scan also found a ton of cookies on the c drive in a folder named recycler

A:The Case of the Missing Cookie Folder

Can you provide a screenshot of said error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315515/the-case-of-the-missing-cookie-folder/
Relevancy 29.67%

I keep getting e-mails from myself with Viagra X 80% off and its winding me up.

Is it because of the following> "Warning";"Found Tracking cookie.2o7";"C:\documents and settings\Wayne Wilson.WWLAPTOP\application data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lfmj2xlr.default\cookies.sqlite";"";"15/01/2010, 10:14:12"

Please help!!!!

A:"Warning"Warning";"Found Tracking cookie.2o7";

Down load "Malewarebyles" and "Superantispyware" do a quick scan with both they will more then likely kill your demon!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287145/warningwarning;found-tracking-cookie2o7;/
Relevancy 35.26%

does anyone know how to get rid of a tracking cookie??thanks so much..sharpieMod Edit: Closed font tag ~tg~

A:Tracking Cookie

If you're using IE, have you tried cleaning out your cookies?Tools / Internet Options / General tabClick Delete Cookies.Click OK.If that doesn't work, try using these basic security programs?(They're all free.)a? freeewido security suiteAd-AwareSpybot S&DThese 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:SpywareblasterSpywareGuardDownload them, update them, and then run them.These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:Install background guardInstall scan via context menuImportant:Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.Other useful Tutorials:Using Ad-Aware SEUsing SpywareBlasterUsing SpywareGuardUsing Ewido

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37446/tracking-cookie/
Relevancy 35.26%

I read somewhere how to keep selected cookies when you delete cookies, but i can't find that info now. i just need that info at your convenience please. - Keith

A:Cookie managment question

Which cookies you retain more or less depends on whether you trust the source, and whether these appear to be useful tools to enhance your visit to their sites. If you use FF or Mozilla as your default browser, both have cookie managers that allow you to review and delete selected cookies. If you use IE, then you must look in the Windows file called Cookies, and delete selected ones from there.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24981/cookie-managment-question/
Relevancy 35.26%

Gentlemen,

My computer is proteced by -

Norton System Works 2005 Premier.
Ad-Aware SE Personal.
Spybot S & D.
Spyware Blaster.
Spyware Guard.
a2scan.
Kerio Personal Firewall.
MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
TDS-3.

The programmes are updated and used every day.

I also use CleanUp which shows a list of protected cookies. There is a cookie which is not shown in my Norton System Works list of protected cookies.

It is -

go.microsoft.com/serviceswirchung

I have been into Google via IE and Mozilla Firefox and neither search has recognised this cookie. There is no information about it.

Should I delete go.microsoft.com/serviceswirchung ?

oldsoldier

A:A cookie problem

When I searched for only the first part, go.microsoft.com, I was taken to this http://search.microsoft.com/search/search....st=b&View=en-us.Which is the search page for Microsoft. Have you visited it lately? I do not know what the last part (serviceswirchung) means. While on the MS search page, I searched for the text using a few variations. Came up empty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19513/a-cookie-problem/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi. I just posted my problem, and I was browsing the other posts when Spybot informed me they had blocked AvenueA, or something like that. Then my pc froze on a white screen. At the bottom I noticed it said Bad URL and I saw the words "tribalfusion", which I know is adware. I closed out the browser and deleted cookies. This happened right after I clicked on a post here, and no other windows were open, so I ran a little experiment.

I opened the cookies, then I went to the suspected post, and Voila!, the tribalfusion cookie appeared immediately. The post is (sitcom123 Posted: Apr 24 2005, 03:37 AM) Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Carolyn

A:adware cookie appeared from a post here

This is too weird. I went to my own post and Spybot warned me again about blocking AvenueA, and then another ad cookie appeared. Each time I clicked on my own post, Spybot blocked AvenueA again. I hope I'm not causing problems for this forum, but I'd sure like to know what's happening!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16843/adware-cookie-appeared-from-a-post-here/