Windows Support Forum

Headphone audio on laptop

Q: Headphone audio on laptop

Hello, I have a brand new ASUS laptop with REAltek and WINdows 8.1. The frustrating issue I have is that my headphone audio sounds as if there is an echo-like sound to it. More like a sewer-pipe. I have restarted the audio programs under computer management. set the default in REALTEK to 16 bit 48000, and all devices seem to be operating fine. I even uninstalled SKYPE as suggested.The test in REALTEK is also okay. Please, any assistace would be more than appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Headphone audio on laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Headphone audio on laptop

It sounds hollow with no bass or clarity. I have adjusted the equalizer to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-audio-on-laptop.216378/
Relevancy 69.23%

I bought headphones to hook into the headphone (mint green) output on my laptop running Windows XP SP3, but it dosent work. In the past when ever I'd plug headphones into the mint green on the laptop the audio playing would cease outputing via the imbedded laptop speakers and begin to play exclusively through the headphones. Now, however, the headphones don't receive audio when they're plugged in to the headphones jack and the laptop speakers continue to have the audio output as if no headphones were plugged in at all, when for example, I am playing an MP3 via Windows Media Player.

What's wrong here? What settings or hardware will I need to look at?
Thanks for the help

A:No headphone audio output in laptop, XP

It doesn't sound like a settings problem since the internal speakers are disconnected mechanically inside the jack when something is plugged in. Carefully compare the jacks that work on the speakers to the one that doesn't. Is it shorter at all, or are the insulators on the jack perfectly aligned?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-headphone-audio-output-in-laptop-xp.758212/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Eight Forums My trouble is the audio output through headphones jack want headphone Messed audio; up to headphone check - background is louder than foreground especially in music - I often cannot hear the vocals at all movies however are mostly fine for reasons unknown to me but generally the sound is always different in some way I only have one pair of headphones to test it with However these always worked fine with previous machines and still do work fine with my iPhone Although they are surely not the case I cannot with confidence say that if it were a loudspeaker instead things wouldn't have been different So this is either a software or a hardware Messed up headphone audio; want to check headphone jack issue Software My computer details at the bottom came with a SoundBlaster X-Fi MB equalizer program and RealTek High Def Audio drivers I've uninstalled SoundBlaster hoping it would fix the issue I didn't need an extra program like that anyway but alas to no avail Updating the RealTek drivers did no good still The only thing I haven't touched is the ghostly NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device can it be the source of my trouble - I only first noticed it now when copy pasting the Belarc data I'll try and find out about it in the meanwhile Hardware I wonder if it perhaps has something to do with my audio jack laptop's brand new but you can never know I have what appears to be mic headphone S PDIF and line in jacks Is there a way to use the microphone or the line-in to test the headphones To see if the headphone out is broken Any help appreciated I will gladly provide any additional information should you decide to help me and need any My computer is a version of XMG P mysn co uk xmg-p Some Belarc output Operating System Windows Professional x build Multimedia Bluetooth Audio Device NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Other Devices Microphone Realtek High Definition Audio Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Microsoft AC Adapter Virtual Bluetooth Support Include Audio Bluetooth AVRCP Device

A:Messed up headphone audio; want to check headphone jack

First, the "My System Specs" is where you fill in what you have.

Does the internal speakers on the laptop work? Is the audio OK on the internal speakers?

The SoundBlaster program(s) is a software enhancement to the basic audio chip (ReaklTek). Many PC's now come with some type of enhancement such as the SoundBlaster or in the case of HP PC's its "Beats Audio".

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/45205-messed-up-headphone-audio-want-check-headphone-jack.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Guys, had this problem while,tried many of the solutions to resolve and failed,finally reset the system to factory settings thinking things will be back to normal,but still it exists!!

*Asus g74sx- windows 7 ultimate,Realtek Hd audio.

Just saw the new Realtek Hd audio driver release ,not updated yet,awaiting for your kind advise and suggestion.thanks.

A:Audio coming from both Headphone and Speakers when headphone used!!

thought here; have you checked all the settings to make sure the proper headphone/speaker settings are checked/unchecked?. i would consider updating to that newest driver. If it does not solve the issue you should be able to restore it back to the previous restore point which should undo the driver update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/345998-audio-coming-both-headphone-speakers-when-headphone-used.html
Relevancy 58.91%

How Headphone Dell + + Audio Jack notebook Loud audio can I uninstall Dell Audio and only have the legacy Realtek Driver and Software in my XPS L x I installed some time age the default audio driver that Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio I got from quot Dell Drivers quot this installed the quot Dell Audio quot quot MAXX AUDIO quot I already uninstalled this thing run CCleaner deleted the folders and downloaded and installed the legacy Realtek R Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio driver but this thing Dell Audio is always installing with the driver nbsp My system audio is ridiculously nbsp loud I need to put my system audio in somewhat to get quot normal audio quot the only way I get realistic quot normal audio range quot is using my SteelSeries Wireless Headset with USB this way the system audio goes to automatically and I control the audio with the scroll located in the headset even in max audio I get a quot normal quot it s loud but not EXTREME like the Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio notebook audio Another problem when I plugin my Apple Earpods they simple doesn t work I already tested them with tons of devices at home and they are working great The system doesn t even recognize them I think that everything would be resolved if I could install the Leagacy Realtek drivers amp software not this loaded with bloatware from Dell I don t care about quot MAXX Audio quot quot MaxxSense quot and all this BS If you look with attention all the settings located in this quot Dell Audio quot menu are the same in the Realtek Software but with some quot swag quot that for me is nothing Another bad thing with this dell driver I get three softwares in quot Auto start quot they are C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe MAXX C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe IM C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe -s With the legacy one I would get only one or two I have a SAGER NP high-end notebook for gaming and in this one I have the legacy Realtek driver and the audio is superb no bloatware nothing In resume the problems Very loud audio from notebook Audio-jack not working Dell Blotware The solution Give me the legacy Realtek driver

A:Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio

I forgot to mention in the main post, and I can't edit it, so here it goes:
First, Sometimes I need to run LiveUSB Linux distros in this notebook, and the audio in them is all great, realistic audio range, 100% loud but not extreme, everything OK.
Second, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro up-to-date.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19580041
Relevancy 58.48%

omg, I was switched to a different pc at my job and the person there previously downloaded realtek to the pc and im having a problem with the headphones, when i put the headphones in i get a pop up confirming the action but im still hearing music from the speaker...its really annoying because im use to just pluging in the headphones and everything being normal...im not even sure why she downloaded this program, anyhow if you can please help, i need my music to keep me sane at work, its sooo ver depressing. the operating system is microsoft windows xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-the-headphone-audio-jack-with-realtek-hd-audio.749685/
Relevancy 58.48%

My internal speakers seem to work fine but I can't get the sound to go into my headphones when I plug in my headphones. Is there a way how to fix this?

Relevancy 58.48%

Not sure if I am posting in the right place move me if necessary Hello BleepingComputer I just upgraded my computer a few days ago and I am having problems with the Front Jack Audio Headphone Normally I set my Headphone to run simultaneous with my Speaker with Realtek HD audi Stereo Nix Disable Front Jack Detection and vice versa and I could change the volume Headphone/Front Audio Realtek HD w/ Jack Audio on both devices separately But since I changed the motherboard when I have realtek installed it doesn't have the Headphone setting in Sound Playback The headphone work Headphone/Front Jack Audio w/ Realtek HD Audio perfectly but its linked to the Speaker's volume which is really annoying Also the Realtek layout changed from the last one I got and doesn't have the Disable Front Jack Detection option Picture http i photobucket com albums ac notyellowasian Untitled- zps cdba jpg So far I have tired Installing an older version of Realtek driver Changing the audio setting in the BIOs HD or AC Changing the audio connector on the MOBO Hd or AC Tried multiple compinations with Realtek HD audio manager settings Cleaned every plugs jacks related on that So far I couldn't been able to get the Headphone tag at all when Realtek is installed Thanks --- Here's my spec MOBO ASUS P Z -V LX Audio Realtek ALC MOBO default CPU Intel Core i amp - k Hz RAM x GB DDR Corsair GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX MB OS Windows Ultimate x Current Audio Driver Realtek HD Audio R v

A:Headphone/Front Jack Audio w/ Realtek HD Audio

could try ....

Control Pane>View by category>Hardware and Sound>Manage Audio Devices>(select device)>configure

It's  a long shot, I know. Just putting it out there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520640/headphonefront-jack-audio-w-realtek-hd-audio/
Relevancy 55.47%

Quote:
HP 200-5120IS
Intel Pentium E5400 / 2.7 GHz
Dual-Core 64-bit
Chipset Type Intel G45S Express
Data Bus Speed 800.0 MHz
RAM - 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - Non-ECC
HD - 500.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-150 - 7200.0 rpm
Sound card - Integrated

My wife has a dual boot operation using Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04.

Here is the situation:
There is no audio in Windows 7 through the speakers.
The audio is okay in Windows 7 through the headset.
The audio is okay in Ubuntu speakers and headset.

I can't determine what happened to the audio through the speakers, in Windows 7. Troubleshooting has led nowhere.
Any possible suggestions woiuld be appreciated.
Thank you

A:No Speaker audio - Headphone audio okay

Does the HP PC have the correct sound driver for Windows 7? or is it only using the generic, basic function "HD Audio Codec" that Windows will install?

Here is the HP listing and the RealTek audio driver.

Software & driver downloads HP All-in-One 200-5120is Desktop PC | HP? Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/331112-no-speaker-audio-headphone-audio-okay.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all, I just installed new bios on my P5GC-MX motherboard and that went ok I guess, only thing my headphones won?t work in the front panel any more after reboot?
I need to unplug my speakers from the back and replug them before the headphone work?
Anyone got an answer to what?s happening here? I tried reinstalling the realtek drivers for the onboard audio.
Any help in sorting the mystery out would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers Q_C

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-audio-gone-mia.102203/
Relevancy 53.75%

So just this morning I found a pair of Sylvania wireless headphones at Half Price Books I unplugged my old speakers and replaced them with the new one put batteries Wireless now. headphone different audio help is Also, My in everything but when I tried to get it to connect to my My audio is different now. Also, Wireless headphone help computer sound the only things it would connect to were some radio stations and static So for my first question does anyone know what I should do for those My audio is different now. Also, Wireless headphone help Anyway after I decided that they weren t going to work I decided to switch back to my old speaker and earbud combo So I plugged the speakers into the computer and the power strip I tested out the sound with a the Nyan Cat video on Youtube because I always use that one for My audio is different now. Also, Wireless headphone help trying out headphones and I could hear like I usually do but now there s a very loud buzzing sound in both of my headphones and there was only very light static before Was I supposed to do anything different when connecting them They re Inland speakers I also had Realtek Audio manager pop up when I connected them and I don t really know what I should do with that Help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-audio-is-different-now-also-wireless-headphone-help.194178/
Relevancy 53.75%

i just bought some new headphones that are USB to replace my old one that was also USB and i am having the same problem where they will not play audio. i looked in the playback and they are checked under
Default Communication

but when i try to change it to default device it dose nothing. also it says no audio device installed under mixer but it is installed

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/73135-audio-headphone-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

The headphone/microphone jack on my laptop doesn't work. I have tried multiple headphones with it and i get the same result each time. I have tried looking for solutions but nothing has worked.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-from-headphone-jack/td-p/5656120
Relevancy 53.75%

After powering on my PC today, I noticed a light high pitched ringing noise coming out of the left side of the headphones. I then tried to play some music, and had very low levels of sound coming out of the left side, while the right seemed seemed to be working fine. Does anyone have a general idea on what could be wrong?

A:Headphone audio problems.

Hello and welcome Ette just what do you have set up for audio - onboard / sound card adaptor etc?

Mate some specs on the system is always helpful tracking down faults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/268120-headphone-audio-problems.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

Two quick questions.

I have a Xonar DG soundcard, which should have a headphone amp. I have an audio splitter (Y-Shaped) which allows me to have both my speakers and headset plugged in simultaneously. I was wondering if my headset still benefits from the headphone amp.

Also would there any deterration in audio quality? Does running it through the splitter make the soundcard work harder?

Thanks for any help in advance

A:Headphone Amp and Audio Splitter

I do not think audio quality would decrease nor would the card have to work harder with the splitter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-amp-and-audio-splitter.1050227/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am currently having an issue with my cuts audio Headphone out Lenovo Y laptop where the audio Headphone audio cuts out to the headphone jack will cut out randomly This problem is particularly puzzling because if I remove my headphones from the audio jack when the sound cuts out the audio output will imediately switch to the speakers on my laptop and work normally However as soon as I plug my headphones back in the audio will stop again The computer also shows that it is emitting audio according to the sound levels but it is not Now I can fix this problem by Headphone audio cuts out simply restarting my laptop Every single time I restart my computer the audio will output to my headphones completely fine but then the audio will randomly stop again and can only be fixed by restarting the computer Disabling and reneabling my RealTek audio does nothing and swtiching my default audio output from RealTek to another audio device and back also does nothing These same headphones also work completely fine with my phone audio so I know that it has nothing to do with the headphones themselves Any help with this issue would be much appreciated nbsp nbsp EDIT It is also worth nothing that even when this problem occurs if I plugin or remove headphones from the audio jack my laptop recognizes the headphones being plugged in or removed nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Headphone-audio-cuts-out/td-p/3389769
Relevancy 53.32%

Having a problem tonight with the audio for my L Worked fine yesterday nbsp Built in speakers speaker No L540: 3.5mm audio output. headphone from hp work normally However when trying to use headphones ear buds etc in L540: No audio from 3.5mm headphone output. the mm headphone mic jack on the side no sound is played through the headset The computer driver recognizes that there is a device plugged into the jack displays RealtekHD Audio nd Output in sound volume button on the taskbar however still no sound nbsp nbsp I've checked everywhere I can think volume mixer device properties driver properties apps nbsp and it isn't muted anywhere In the properties it say the device is enabled is working however when you test sound nothing plays While the built in speakers are selected the test sound works nbsp nbsp I have updated the driver rolled it back unistalled and reinstalled the software from lenovo website and the problem persists nbsp nbsp Thinking it is a power or physical issue with the port I tested the microphone feature in the same port The microphone works picks up sound and records So there is power to and from the port That has left me scratching my head and searching for any solutions I have gone into all of the programs apps and games i used and checked the audio settings nothing is muted or off nbsp nbsp Has anyone experienced this issue Better yet has anyone fixed or have any ideas how to resolve My intuition tells me there is somewhere im not looking that holds the answer nbsp Thanks in advance guys Solved Go to Solution

A:L540: No audio from 3.5mm headphone output.

1. Open the Control Panel and look for Realtek HD Audio's control panel.2. At the right top of the window you should see one or more plugs. Then plug in and unplug your headphones, see if the headphones are detected there.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L540-No-audio-from-3-5mm-headphone-output/td-p/2085815
Relevancy 53.32%

Immediately whenever a headphone or earbud is plugged in, the audio is crackly, until I go to the realtek audio manager which doesn't have many options. once I change the Left-Right balance to being very one-sided, the cracks and pops don't occur anymore. However all of the balance is off, voices are not audible, and SFX or background music/tracks are output very bad.Testing the left-right balance, both play the same as if the headphones are mono audio. 

A:Poor audio from headphone jack y40-80

Hi there, Ray -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Did you check headphones with with different system?
Check your speaker and headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack.
Check your power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.
Also, try updating the BIOS

Update us how it goes.    

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Poor-audio-from-headphone-jack-y40-80/td-p/3373157
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
Anyone else with the XPS 15 9550 have problems with headphones / internal speakers not working correctly?
On booting the PC without any headphones, the speakers work. However headphones do not work if inserted.  On removing the headphones, the speakers then cease to work.
However if booting the PC with headphones inserted, the headphones do work.  On removing them, the speakers do not work.  The headphones do not work if reinserted.
Both these scenarios are fixed by rebooting the PC.
Windows 10 and all drivers - including audio and BIOS - are up to date as of 17/11/5.
This issue seems similar to the one described in:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19632353
Does anyone else have the same problem?

A:XPS 9550 Headphone / audio issue

I have the same problem. Here's the steps I took to fix the issue on my computer (no guarantees this works for everyone!)
1. Updated audio drivers to latest (Audio_Driver_37Y88_WN32_6.0.1.7628_A03.EXE)
2. Updated BIOS to latest (XPS_9550_1.1.19.exe)
3. Restart
4. Open the startup manager(Esc+Shift+Ctrl, navigate to startup tab)
5. Disable "HD Audio Background Process" and "Waves MAXXaudio Service Application"
6. Enable "Realtek HD Audio Manager" if not already enabled
7. Restart 
After restarting plugging and unplugging headphones work correctly. Hope this helps!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19661257
Relevancy 53.32%

I still can hear audio form internal speaker eventhough I use headset. I've try solution for beats audio, but my PC couldn't find the audio beats control panel. Plus there is no notification appear when I plug in the headset. Please help me. Product No: E9U84AA#UUF TQ

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Hear-audio-both-from-internal-and-headphone/td-p/5814871
Relevancy 53.32%

I have installed Realtek drivers, the speaker is working, but there is no Headphones in the option!?
Also I have reinstalled the drivers 5-6 tyms but still couldnt get Realtek audio manager.
Please see the attachments.

Also in Manage>Device Manager, I see only "High Audio Drivers", it suppose to be mentioned "Realtek Audio drivers" right?

A:No RealTek Audio Manager and Headphone

High Definition Audio Device says the Realtek is NOT installed. High Definition Audio is the generic, basic function, sound driver that Windows installs. This is also probably the reason your headset does not work.

Are you installing the driver from Gigabyte for your motherboard? If not, here is the link to the downloads
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-ES2L (rev. 1.3)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/398163-no-realtek-audio-manager-headphone.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys I can't have sound in my headphone in the notebook anymore I don't know what to do more I spent the last whole two days reading about it and doing testings I've seen also that there are at least threats about it here in the forum I read them all but until now I couldn't get this fixed I think generally is the same problem with some slightly different details I'm using windows ultimate x and the basic information about my notebook is HP Pavilion dv em Here is the Headphone/HD No sound in audio/HP pavilion HP website page with the drivers Software amp Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv em Notebook PC - HP Customer Care United States - English So to start its not a problem in the headphone and I think neither with the hardware No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion device since I have been using it normally a week ago And all the times I had to format the computer I never had this issue Now I have formated my notebook as usually and used the same drivers as usually And there is this problem I have even reformated the laptop again times just to be sure there was something wrong with the drivers The situation just after formating is - Playback device with Speakers Headphone as default and Realtek Digital output - The computer is mute When put the Speakers as default then the speakers work But in both case theres no sign when plugin or unplugin the headphone in neither of the inputs my laptop has holes left is mic center and right is headphone Then I have installed what I think is the most recent driver for Realtek R Available in the fabricant website No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion Realtek And here page in No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion french Drivers Realtek Pilote High Definition Audio R WHQL When I install the driver is even worse Because then the Headphone disapear from the playback device list And the speakers don't work anymore So from now I have uninstalled the Realtek drivers and seems that windows install as generic HD audio driver what leads to the first situation in the playback devices list speakers headphone and digital output I would think then that my hard has a problem but since nothing happened and the problem appeared after formating I think shouldnt be it Please guys I would really appreciate if you could help me with it Best regards Miro Soares

A:No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion

I have a similar issue with only USB headphones in my lappy! I have to go into control panel--> Sound and set the USB headphones as default each time I try to use them.

Are your headphones USB??? You didnt mention name or model of headphones...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/127027-no-sound-headphone-hd-audio-hp-pavilion.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,Everyony

I just installed windows 7ultimate 32bits yesterday on my 4 computers.
but now i am facing a problem on all computers. when i plug the headphone stereo pin then the audio voice come from headphone and also from computer's built-In speakers
I check from font and back side of computer but result is same.
please help me how to fix this problem because i don't want to hear voice from speaker.

A:how to turn off audio from speakers while using headphone?

If your "My system specs" is the PC's you are referring to. You are apparently using a separate sound card (Creative 7.1), disable the on-board sound in the BIOS. Also, you have to move the front panel headphone connection from the on-board audio to the Creative sound card. In addition many sound cards have a control panel option to mute the speakers when a headphone is inserted (usually the default) or have both headphone and speaker on when headphone is plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355847-how-turn-off-audio-speakers-while-using-headphone.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Need help fixing the skipping audio that occurs when theres no audio (when things are silent), but when i do play audio it goes away.it doesnt occur when i take the headphones out of the audio jack, speakers are fine(no skip). it seems to skip when i have the headphones plugged in, it skips constantly (silent skip)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Skip-Headphone-Jack/td-p/5661672
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm not even sure if this is a Windows 10 problem, as it first appeared when I was installing some audio drivers, but it happens on Windows 10, so I'm putting it here.

Now, there are several problems, all audio related, that are occurring.

1. Both audio channels are coming out of my left headphone. For instance, when I watch the video below, all audio comes out of the left.

You Tube

2. Most of the audio is extremely quiet, but some is louder than others. This seemingly randomly changes.

3. Sometimes the audio is distorted, sometimes it is not. This is also pretty random.

4. Different audio files may distort differently, I have to experiment with this.

A:Both Audio Channels Come Out of Left Headphone

It definitely affects everything, not just Youtube. Seems like the distortion is affecting different tracks of the same file in different ways. For instance, the piano and vocals may be totally distorted, but the guitar part is fine.

Also, I've already tried updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling, and all the rest of that stuff. Nothing helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/both-audio-channels-come-out-of-left-headphone-1029553.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Every 2 seconds i get a notifacation that my headphones have been plugged in/unplugged.
i do have headphones, so this is REALLY annoying. i use realtek and many people have this problem but they're not on a laptop/have headphones. can anybody help me? do i need to provide more info? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/381173-realtek-audio-headphone-issue.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I connect my headphone to my laptop the audio is coming from the both laptop speaker and headphone.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-is-coming-from-both-speaker-and-headphone/td-p/5640748
Relevancy 53.32%

I have this flat screen tv that I bought not too long ago. I would like to connect headphones to this tv to watch regular television but there is one big problem. It does not have a headphone jack nor audio rca(red/white) outputs. This pretty strange since this is a fairy new tv. Is there any way I can connect headphones to this tv? Would I need any adapters like somehow converting one of the audio rca inputs to an output so I can use this cable:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Ste...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300791833&sr=1-1
Any suggestions would much be appreciated

A:Tv with no Headphone And audio output jack

Y-shaped giszmo which has a male rca connectors
at one end, and a female audio jack at the other could really help the cause you are right

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-with-no-headphone-and-audio-output-jack.987324/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit on a new Dell Inspiron 14z -5432 laptop with built-in skull candy speakers and Maxx audio. the Audio in the right speaker is much quieter than the left speaker. I checked the drivers and the L/R balance and all were OK. The problem continues when I plug in my headphones to the headphone jack. The audio balance doesn't help or fix the problem. My sound card is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. When I open my IDT audio control panel and test the speakers or headphones, the sound is stronger on the left and gets some sound 'leaking' from the right speaker. But when I test the right speaker, It is quieter and gets no sound 'leakage' from the left speaker. I don't know how to fix this problem. Any help?

A:Help. Audio is much quieter in right speaker/headphone.

This sounds more like a hardware problem than something in the driver or applications software.

You can post on the Dell users form, Laptop section, and maybe someone can offer something there, but contacting Dell support is the best option.

Laptop Audio Forum - Laptop Audio Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

If this is a new PC, bought directly from Dell, you have 21 days from the date on the Dell invoice to call them and request a return if you are not happy with the PC. Many times they will offer to replace it with another new one rather than issue a refund.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/250771-help-audio-much-quieter-right-speaker-headphone.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Like the title says,i am having problem with audio from the very first day.Upon inserting headphone in the 3.5mm jack,a pop up about  comes out  about headphone in,headphone with mic etc.....And audio mutes and don't come back.Even if i take the headphone out.No sound on speaker either.
Seems like its a problem with dell audio driver.Uninstalling Dell audio driver and using Microsoft stock audio Driver fixes the issue.Anyone with this same strange problem?

A:XPS 15 9550; No audio of headphone insert

I'm having the same issue, haven't tried the fix you mentioned yet, going to check it out. This should not be happenng, IMO, on a new laptop that costs the $$$ this one did.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665375
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and the result is the same. I've tried several solutions like uninstalling my driver or trying to get to the sounds properties , but the results are the same. Please give me your help , and btw I'm new here.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64745-audio-jack-seems-not-detect-my-headphone.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Possible Solution:
Put Windows to Sleep, then wake it up. Headphone jack audio will be restored.

Problem:
Headphone jack randomly stopped outputting audio.
volume control at 100% and appearing to work normally. Laptop internal speakers worked fine.
Windows detects headphones plugged in, but no sound in headphones.
Uninstall sound card and realtek drivers, reboot did not fix problem.

Tested Linux live CD and headphones worked in Linux.
So hardware was definitely not broken. Only Windows was broken.

(I had this issue recently, so I'm leaving this here for search engine results and anyone who has this problem in the future)

A:Possible fix when headphone jack has no audio, everything else normal

Holy crap i love you! I reinstalled Windows 7 recently to fix this problem after trying just about everything, but after a couple of Windows updates my headphone jack wasn't working again. Found your post after filtering search results to recent hits and this trick worked! This problem only creeped up a short while ago, so maybe it has to do with recent Windows updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/398441-possible-fix-when-headphone-jack-has-no-audio-everything-else-normal.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just recenlty bought a pair of CL harman kardon headphones and after plugging them into my W530 they are as flat as can be and sound horrible to tell the truth.  I plugged them into my Iphone5s and they sound amazing.  Anyone might know what would be causing this?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Poor audio from headphone jack

bad sound DAC chip. I use an external DAC and headphone amp when i listen to music on the ThinkPad.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Poor-audio-from-headphone-jack/td-p/1517260
Relevancy 53.32%

I own a macbook pro and runs windows by bootcamp The headphone is JBL e bt I tried to use my bluetooth headphone it had always failed and it said audio skipping headphone Bluetooth there was no driver for quot bluetooth peripheral device quot I then downloaded the ASUS driver thing from here Can't find drivers for bluetooth headset - Windows Bluetooth headphone audio skipping Help Forums And the problem was solved But now when I connect my headphone it is only good immediately after I connect it As long as I play something continuously the headphone won't switch off by itself and nothing's wrong But if there's no audio input from the computer to the headphone Bluetooth headphone audio skipping for like a minute and then I start playing music the audio is skipped I have to reconnect the device for it to return normal Please help me It is quite annoying It's okay if I am playing games Bluetooth headphone audio skipping and stuff but I when I'm playing music I can't let it stop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-headphone-audio-skipping-1081177.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I got Pavilion X2 three days ago. I installed needed drivers through HP assist. But whenever I listen to music with headphones, the audio quality becomes bad, lack of bass and clarity. I checked B&O play and the headphones setting is faded and it says device unplugged although I have plugged well. Is that audio driver problem? Or just the beo play software itself?

A:Headphone Audio Quality is Freakingly bad

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and the sound quality not the greatest. You could try:1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.2. Click Playback Devices.3. Click Speakers.4. Click properties.5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.7. Apply the properties.8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook and try the sound. If that does not help.Here is troubleshooting for this issue with Windows 10. Restart your Notebook.  Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Audio-Quality-is-Freakingly-bad/td-p/5617998
Relevancy 53.32%

Last night I was in a Skype call with my friends and it sounded funny distorted sounds Headphone Audio but I didn't notice it I had earbuds which I gave it away Headphone Audio sounds distorted to my relative I bought some headphones the other day by the way and it came today Before giving away the earbuds I was playing Team Fortress and it sounded weird a little and it was bothering Yet I still continued after a while I got the headphones and plugged it in the audio jack or what do you call it and its where you plug the Headphone Audio sounds distorted headphones or whatever in So I played TF again and the sound was messed up I could barely hear people and when I watch certain youtube videos it is buzzing very loudly and some I can't hear and some are fine I continuously search for an answer I found a post on here so I decided do the solution on that forum but it didn't work I used the Minion's Banana song and if I can't hear the second left minion well and it's sound is distorted or messed up then it's still happening Post I found is here Messed up headphone audio want to check headphone jack I think it is the place where you plug it in somethings wrong with it so any solutions

Relevancy 53.32%

Speaker audio works fine. Headphones do not recieve any audio signal. Speakers do not play when headphones are plugged in, as they should.  I could not find an official troubleshooting page for this problem on Windows 10. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:No audio output from headphone jack

Tried some troubleshooting from another thread, and a hard reset seemed to have done the trick

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-output-from-headphone-jack/td-p/5583355
Relevancy 52.89%

How is the microphone jack on the front panel wired? I was told this jack works as Microphone and LINE IN. Is the jack a 3-pole stereo jack or 4-pole jack? If it is 4-pole, does it comply with CTIA standard wiring (Ring2 is common and Sleeve is microphone)?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Audio-combo-jack-vs-headphone-earphone-with-mic-and-speaker/td-p/3480557
Relevancy 52.89%

When I plugged in the headphone into the audio jack, there is no sound.  The sound is coming from the internal speakers.  I just installed System Mechanic and ran a system analysis.  I don't know if the registry was changed or what.  There is not a problem with the headphone; I tried another headphone and have the same problem.  The laptop detects the headphone, an icon shows in the Notifications area saying a device was plugged in.

Inspiron 15 series 3543
Realtek HD Audio Device

A:No sound when headphone is plugged into audio jack

Hello. See if it will work when you switch from the Realtel driver to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.
[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19640994
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I just gave m laptop to be repaired in HP and when I got back, the audio jack (Headphone) was not working. The speaker is working fine but the audio jack is not working at all. I couldn't even find the headphone in playback devices. I tried to upgrade my Laptop from windows 8 to 10, but no luck there Laptop Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 4 UltrabookOS: Windows 10 (Upgraded from windows 8). All updates are installedProduct Number: D2X03EA#ABD I tried all the options I could find on the internet. Please help. Thanks and Regards,Vivek

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Audio-Jack-Headphone-Not-working-Windows-10/td-p/5612239
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings everyone I just received my new sound card and I'm excited to try it out I've hooked it up and connected my headphones into the proper jack I try out the audio and it's bloody awful worse than Headphone Sound Blaster-Z Creative Audio on-board audio which is not too bad I don't know Creative Sound Blaster-Z Headphone Audio what's wrong this I hope shouldn't be happening I installed the latest drivers and through the Creative control panel and I've setup my audio output as headphones When I test the audio the left and right outputs don't come out of left or right it comes out the quot middle quot As if there is absolutely no directional sound I've also tried Creative Sound Blaster-Z Headphone Audio out my music and it's as if there are large chunks of sound missing Something is really wrong with my setup or the hardware The headphones are fine as are the drivers My Astro A headphones connect to an Astro MixAmp amp which used an optical connection to connect to my motherboard As seen in Creative Sound Blaster-Z Headphone Audio the image I'm using the Realtek Digital Output because it provides phenomenal sound that is infinitely better than the Astro drivers For some reason this output even provides me with surround sound that I don't even have to configure it's by default When I connect my headphones directly to my sound card I can only use the quot Speaker quot output which is provided by Sound Blaster Z This is where the issue happens quality is a nightmare I appreciate any assistance -- Update --- Alright I experimented a little bit and found out something interesting If I connect my MixAmp with the optical cable to the sound card then the audio is fine I think this has something to do with optical input output Not a problem with it but how it works Because when I connect with the optical cable I never use the quot Speakers quot device but the Realtek High Definition Audio one that I like If the sound card requires me to use my MixAmp then I see no point in having the sound card at all The reason I got a sound card in the first place is to replace my MixAmp

A:Creative Sound Blaster-Z Headphone Audio

To get an output in the headphone jack, I need to switch it using the SB control panel.

That doesn't work for you?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/23055-creative-sound-blaster-z-headphone-audio.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello. I have a new, custom build and cannot get the front audio to work. The two USB ports along side the Mic and Headphone jacks work fine.
System Specs
The motherboard is a GA-990XA-UD3. Chipset AMD RD9XO Rev 02. Southbridge AMD
SB10/950 R40. Bios Award Software Ver F8
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Black Edition Tuban HDT90ZFBGRBOX
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4 x 4GB CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
OS: Win7 (6.1) Home Premium SP 1 (Build 7601) 64 bit. Direct X 11.0
Don't think it makes a difference but I am running displayport out of the graphics card (Zotac 560 ZT-50701-10M) into the monitor (NEC PA241)

I downloaded updated drivers for the Reatec HD Audio Manager but that made no difference.
Audio out from the back panel works fine.

Any advice on what to try next would be greatly appreciated!

A:GA-990XA-UD3 Front Audio - Headphone and Mic - not working

Do you have the HD Audio connection to the motherboard from the front panel? (you can try the AC97 audio connection but the HD is the one for new motherboards). I'm not familiar with the display port, but I thought that was just video only, not like HDMI which is audio and video.

Do you get rear speaker audio output? If you don't have speakers, connect the headset to the rear GREEN speaker jack to check. If there is sound, its most likely either your connection from the front panel to the motherboard or the front panel. If there is no sound at the rear green speaker jack, check the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the playback section, your "speakers" should be set as the default audio playback device.

But, it may be the front panel assembly is defective. I've had front panel problems with a couple of cases. I just built a new system, using a Gigabyte Z77X UD5H motherboard and a Corsair Carbide 500R case. There is a fan speed switch on the front panel of the case and it was not working, I had to contact Corsair and they sent a new front panel assembly which fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/242053-ga-990xa-ud3-front-audio-headphone-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just got a new XPS I ve looked through all of the Windows Dell Audio and MaxxAudio settings but I can t find what i m looking for I want to be able to play audio through my headset and my speakers at the same time Reason being the quot front jacks quot are actually about 8900 Audio and Simultaneously Speaker XPS Headphone of the way back on the top of the case My case sits under my desk In order to plug in my headset to use voice comms and unplug it when I just want to listen to my speakers i have to actually XPS 8900 Headphone and Speaker Audio Simultaneously crawl under my desk to reach the stupid jack My previous PC had a simple checkbox in its audio configuration software quot Mute speakers when headphones are plugged in quot I made use of this checkbox about times a day I ve had this new XPS for days and I m already sick of crawling under my desk Please tell me there s a way to play audio through my headset and speakers simultaneously

A:XPS 8900 Headphone and Speaker Audio Simultaneously

The only way I know of to do this is =XPS 8900 rear green audio out jack --> Stereo Mini to Dual Stereo Mini 1/2 --> Dual Stereo Mini 1 --> Speakers, Dual Stereo Mini 2 --> 6ft cable --> Headphones

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19681446
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm running the Satillite Pro L PSKG A- that is just over months plays Pro 1 L850 headphone Satellite through only audio out of the box and at first audio ran smoothly when headphones were plugged in A few Satellite Pro L850 plays audio through 1 headphone only weeks ago that changed and now when I plug in my headphones I only get audio through the R headphone I have tried different pairs of headphones with the same result When I use the headphones in other devices they work perfectly Importantly audio plays in stereo through the laptop speakers when there are no headphones connected I have tried reinstalling the realtek audio drivers from the included cd but am unable to find and driver updates on the toshiba website I have also checked to make sure this isn't a Satellite Pro L850 plays audio through 1 headphone only settings issue and am unable to find a cause I really would like to be able to hear audio from both channels and after trying everything I can think of and isolating the issue to just the audio jack have a feeling there might be a dry solder issue on the audio out jack But I thought I would open up the issue to see if anyone else has any ideas I haven't thought of yet that might quickly fix the issue before I look the assumed long process of submitting a warranty claim

A:Satellite Pro L850 plays audio through 1 headphone only

I agree with you. This issue can be related to audio out port, especially if there is no problem with internal speakers and if they are working properly.
Let?s see what other people will post about that but what you can do at the moment is to contact nearest Toshiba service provider, explain the situation and ask for help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71825-Satellite-Pro-L850-plays-audio-through-1-headphone-only
Relevancy 52.89%

I just installed an ASUS Xonar DX audio card along with driver v The OS used is Windows XP Pro SP -bit I was hoping that by inserting the headphone jack into the appropriate front Headphone Problem (Front Panel Audio) panel audio port the audio through my speakers would be cut off and the only audio output would be through the headphone That is not happening Instead the audio through my speakers continues and there is no audio through the headphone Only after I launch Xonar DX Audio Center and under Analog Out select Headphone I get audio through the headphone and the audio through the speakers stops There must be some setting somewhere that I am missing right I can t find any help about this in the FAQ or Troubleshooting sections or Google PS Headphone Problem (Front Panel Audio) The front panel audio Headphone Problem (Front Panel Audio) connector is securely connected to the front panel header of the audio card If it weren t so I would not get any audio from the headphone at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-problem-front-panel-audio.961905/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,  I just made some driver update and windows ( windows anniversary ) update and after installing i do not have any sound with the built in spaker or with my headphone plugged with a jack anymore. But with a usb headphone it works! When i go to the Windows playback devices window there is no device present. I already update the Audio drivers and restart run the audio troubleshooting tool in Windows but nothing new it doesn't work. Gauthier  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-for-built-in-speaker-and-headphone-with-jack-after/td-p/5743225
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently a part of my headphone jack got stuck in the plug and so I can't use that plug anymore. I am using the audio plug in the back of my computer now but it's definitely made for a different form of audio like speakers. I'm wondering if there's any way I can program this plug into outputting the same kind of audio the front plug would. Thanks.

A:Change audio output to headphone setting

It sounds like you're using the "line out" jack, and I don't know of anyway to use software to convert it to standard audio.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288668/change-audio-output-to-headphone-setting/
Relevancy 52.89%

Firstly I updated to Win about nbsp months ago and this problem only showed up yesterday nbsp nbsp Please read this first opens in new page and I pasted it just in case http h www hp com t Desktop-Audio HP-Envy-Desktop-headphone-jack-not-working td-p nbsp Scroll down to where RandShouse writes Click the Start button Type Beats Audio and select the Beats Audio Control Panel Select Advanced Settings from the top menu Under Jack Information uncheck the box that says Enable auto pop up dialog when device has been plugged in nbsp What's happening is that my laptop's audio is working with earbud headphones anything that works with the headphone jack But the problem is that terrible Beats software So if I watch a youtube video with the earbuds then remove them the laptop audio works perfectly jack beats headphone audio and Problem with fine nbsp Then Beats kicks in and recognizes nbsp that I just unplugged a device when it says You just unplugged a device Which makes pefect sense Because I just removed the earbuds nbsp And for a few seconds the audio from my laptop speakers works perfectly fine But then Beats audio malfunctions and says that You just plugged a device WHICH IS WRONG nbsp So I tried to follow the steps written by RandShouse but step is not even there For some reason I don't have the checkbox and I could go to Control Panel gt Sys and Security gt Hardware and Sound gt Realtek But I don't have realtek which has it's better way of disabling the popups when it detects a headphone so I am stuck with Beats Audio Control Panel which has no way for me for turning off the popup Is there any way to turn of the popups which would likely remove the Problem with beats audio and headphone jack malfunction that their software has nbsp nbsp I am sure that there is no hardware problem The speaker works just fine for about seconds until Beats kicks in and messes it up nbsp It just boils down to how i dont have the option to turn off the popup nbsp Thanks very much nbsp UPDATE also I did try to find an audio driver or anything to update either Beats or Realtek nbsp but I know the problem is with beats and I could not find a driver or update for either nbsp nbsp UPDATE AGAIN GOOD NEWS Just go to Task Manager and force quit that ugly program Realtek HD Audio that has the Beats logo Phew But Problem with beats audio and headphone jack actually nbsp a more permanent answer Problem with beats audio and headphone jack would be appreciated because I suspect that the Beats program will turn on again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Problem-with-beats-audio-and-headphone-jack/td-p/5784509
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a PC built from an Asus P5B-WiFi Delux motherboard running Windows 8 Pro with Classic Shell which has an Realtek HD audio on board sound device. I also have a Creative X-Fi Gamer sound card installed. All of these were installed and working correctly.

One time I unplugged my speakers and when I plugged them back in again the sound was being played back on the Realtek headphone device. I couldn't find anyway to get it to play back on the Realtek speakers so I disabled the headphone device. Now I can't find the headphone device anywhere. Since rebooting the sound is coming out of the speakers device so that is OK but I'm still wondering where my headphone device has gone.

I will try re-installing the Realtek drivers but I'd like to know what happened.

--damole

A:Realtek HD Audio headphone device missing

I had trouble with my headphones & fixed it with the method in the picture---

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/20730-realtek-hd-audio-headphone-device-missing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've recently been having a problem with my headphones. The computer recognizes that I've plugged them in but it still uses the external speakers and there's no sound coming through the headphones. I've tried more than one pair of headphones and it still doesn't work. Restarting the computer worked once but not anymore. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Speaker/headphone/audio jack problem

There is usually a hardware switch in the socket, which is engaged when you put the plug in. Seems like it might be mechanically broken.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Speaker-headphone-audio-jack-problem/td-p/1233977
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I just gave m laptop to be repaired in HP and when I got back, the audio jack (Headphone) was not working. The speaker is working fine but the audio jack is not working at all. I couldn't even find the headphone in playback devices. I tried to upgrade my Laptop from windows 8 to 10, but no luck there Laptop Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 4 UltrabookOS: Windows 10 (Upgraded from windows 8). All updates are installedProduct Number: D2X03EA#ABD I tried all the options I could find on the internet. Please help. Thanks and Regards,Vivek

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Jack-Headphone-Not-working-Windows-10/td-p/5612239
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have Alesis Nitro Kit electronic Drums and i want to record my stuff to my HP ENVY 15-k002ne Notebook PC, i only have headphone jack on my laptop and i want to turn that into audio input. it is possible?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/How-to-turns-my-headphone-jack-to-audio-input/td-p/5816423
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I have a flex Issue 14 Headphone Jack/Audio Flex ideaPad and up until recently everything's been running smoothly audio-wise when headphones were and were not plugged in except for randomly a couple of days ago when I plugged headphones into the jack and no sound came through either the headphones or the speakers although the headphones were detected by the laptop When I unplugged them sound would come through the speakers again nbsp I tried again with a different set of headphones but the problem reoccurred which lead me to believe the problem Flex 14 Headphone Jack/Audio Issue is with the laptop after searching for solutions online I decided to delete and then reinstall the audio drive Realtech HD Audio Manager This fixed the problem for a couple of days but now the same problem has returned I am confused as to whether this is a hardware software based problem as when I reinstalled the driver it did solve the problem so it couldn't really be hardware related nbsp Would anyone know what the problem is Should I just keep on deleting and reinstalling the driver Again the headphones are detected by the laptop they do not appear as their own playback device though is this always the case nbsp Thanks Tiernan Solved Go to Solution

A:Flex 14 Headphone Jack/Audio Issue

The Realtek configuration on the Flex has Windows only show a single, common device for all the audio outputs.

Here's the latest Realtek driver. If the issue persists after, I would recommend a warranty call.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-14-Headphone-Jack-Audio-Issue/td-p/1425065
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just bought a HP Pavilion n- sa laptop It Microphone Headphone Combo Jack & Audio comes with a single mm port which is used for both audio out and line in nbsp The laptop will work fine when outputting sound through the jack and a pair of headphones However when i try to use the same port as a line in to record sound from an Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack external device i am having some problems I am trying to connect my mixer to the laptop using a standard lead red amp white one end and mm jack on the other nbsp At first I was not getting any nbsp change whatsoever under the Recording tab in Sound settings It just says 'not plugged in' under the microphone After doing some research I found that the lead I was using a section plug would not work and that was the reason there was no change when i plugged it in nbsp I bought a section plug amp eureka the laptop recognised the lead amp showed this on the Recording tab I thought my problem was sorted but this was not the case at all nbsp As soon as I plug the red amp white end of the lead into the output on the mixer the laptop screen displays the 'not plugged in' message again as though I have unplugged the lead at the mm jack end nbsp This makes no sense to me whatsoever How can it recognise the lead is plugged in with no problems but then go back to not recognising it as soon as the other end is plugged into an external output nbsp Surely there must be a way of rectifying this as currently its impossible to record any sound on the laptop from an external device in this case my mixer nbsp The main reason I bought this laptop is so I can record the mixes I do It is literally of no use to me with this problem I had no issues with this on my old laptop as it had separate mm jacks for input amp output nbsp Please can someone advise me of a way around this problem nbsp Kind regards Dave

A:Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack

Hi dave_holmes, Welcome to the HP Forums! I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand you are trying to connect your mixer to the notebook. After connecting  the appropriate adapter  it was showing correctly. Once you connected the mixer it disappeared. Here is a link to YouTube, which has  a selection of videos on connecting a mixer to a notebook or laptop, that may assist you.YouTube /connect mixer to laptop As it was seen correctly before you connected the mixer, the notebook is working correctly. You will need to contact the manufacturer of the mixer for instructions on connecting it to a notebook with one input/output port. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-amp-Microphone-Combo-Audio-Jack/td-p/3846640
Relevancy 52.46%

Have been having this problem for a while now Laptop Working on Powered Off is Headphone Laptop Jack Until Stops Every so often the headhphone jack on my laptop just stops working after hours and hours of the laptop being on The built-in speakers Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off of the laptop work fine What happens is that while the Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off computer is in use after some random amount of time any hardware plugged into the headphone jack of the laptop will not playback Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off sound This includes headphones speakers and the like The sound device manager in control panel shows sound being output and if the headphones speakers are disconnected the audio plays fine on the built-in speakers on the laptop I haven't been able to figure out what exactly causes this problem I have tried resinstalling the driver several times I am sure it isn't the headphones of the speakers that I use as I use these speakers and headphones on many other devices phone tablet etc The only way that this issue gets fixed is if the computer is shut down and then rebooted a restart doesn't work the computer has to literally lose power for the problem to be fixed It seems very intermittent and I'm not sure how to approach this problem Any ideas

A:Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off

One idea would be a look the power plan in use. If you are running with the default Balanced power plan you may be seeing that nterfere by conserving battery power temporarily turning the audio off being a constant drain. Another thought could be a result of the onboard audio chip itself getting too warm where the hardware protection circuit will then come in and deactivate all sound. That is usually seen as far as the cpu temp as well as other major components. The audio being onboard would also be monitored by the bios not so much by Windows.

The other possible cause of losing sound would be the headphone jack or the board end having a cold solder point getting warm and expanding just enough to break the connection until cooled off. The complete shutdown of power would tend to suggest a temp or regulation issue where either the power plan or temp monitoring would have to be watched. And one more thing would be setting the laptop on a fan cooled stand or effective notebook cooling pad to draw heat away from the unit if you are not already using one. Laptops are known to get quite warm with extended use since everything is packed into a tight space with the typical serious lack of air flow unlike the usual desktop with front, rear, and side or top case fans in use if not water cooled.

You have some things to consider in the list of things there. Increased overall cooling, not planning to use the laptop for extended periods of time which can allow for something to overheat if that is the case., changing the power plan to Performance if still set to the default Balanced might help. As for anything internal as far as a loose contact or cold solder point that would require a look once confirmed however by the factory or authorized service center/dealer where you could bring it in direct for examination.

The shutdown and restart could also be indication that the driver for the onboard is going to sleep on you or otherwise made inactive at random intervals and the fresh power up serves to refresh the driver as Windows loads it fresh all over again. Run into that one here at times but on a desktop machine.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42519-headphone-jack-laptop-stops-working-until-laptop-powered-off.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Firstly I updated to Win about nbsp months ago and this problem only showed up yesterday nbsp nbsp Please read this first opens in new page and I pasted it just in case http h www hp com t Desktop-Audio jack Problem audio with SOLVED and headphone beats - HP-Envy-Desktop-headphone-jack-not-working td-p nbsp Scroll down to where RandShouse writes Click the Start button Type Beats Audio and select the Beats Audio Control Panel Select Advanced Settings from the top menu Under Jack Information uncheck the box that says Enable auto pop up dialog when device has been plugged in nbsp What's happening is that my laptop's audio is working SOLVED - Problem with beats audio and headphone jack with earbud headphones anything that works with the headphone jack But the problem is that terrible Beats software So if I watch a youtube video with the earbuds then remove them the laptop audio works perfectly fine nbsp Then Beats kicks in and recognizes nbsp that I just unplugged a device when it says You just unplugged a device Which makes pefect sense Because I just removed the earbuds nbsp And for a few seconds the audio from my laptop speakers works perfectly fine But then Beats audio malfunctions and says that You just plugged a device WHICH IS WRONG nbsp So I tried to follow the steps written by RandShouse but step is not even there For some reason I don't have the checkbox and I could go to Control Panel gt Sys and Security gt Hardware and Sound gt Realtek But I don't have realtek which has it's better way of disabling the popups when it detects a headphone so I am stuck with Beats Audio Control Panel which has no way for me for turning off the popup Is there any way to turn of the popups which would likely remove the malfunction that their software has nbsp nbsp I am sure that there is no hardware problem The speaker works just fine for about seconds until Beats kicks in and messes it up nbsp It just boils down to how i dont have the option to turn off the popup nbsp Thanks very much nbsp UPDATE also I did try to find an audio driver or anything to update either Beats or Realtek nbsp but I know the problem is with beats and I could not find a driver or update for either nbsp nbsp UPDATE AGAIN GOOD NEWS Just go to Task Manager and force quit that ugly program Realtek HD Audio that has the Beats logo Phew But actually nbsp a more permanent answer would be appreciated because I suspect that the Beats program will turn on again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/SOLVED-Problem-with-beats-audio-and-headphone-jack/td-p/5784509
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there,

I have an Asus G 50vt, a few days ago I had it hooked up to a stereo system and tripped on the wire connected to the Audio jack. The Headphone jack now has half of the head stuck inside and I was unable to remove it.

I am wondering if there is a way to reassign the headphone output to the Line in or Mic in jacks?
[/B]
Any help would be appreciated

A:Changing Audio Jack output (from headphone to Mic in/line in)

I know you can do that, I have seen it with some creative programs, im not too sure if your asus will do that, but I think the easiest option is to get that headphone jack out. you'd be surprised how easy it can be once you open your laptop up. another option (i would think - but try last) would be to get some super glue (only a little bit) and try to stick something to that headphone output to pull it out. - i was about to suggest soldering something, but dont worry about that, small amount of superglue might be the way to go alternatively buying an external sound card might be an option $20US

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261204-changing-audio-jack-output-headphone-mic-line.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello so I have headphone sound back panel VIA Audio no Deck HD VIA HD Audio Deck as my audio VIA HD Audio Deck no headphone sound back panel codec and I have a big problem since I can't play video games with having proper sounds If I use speakers and If I use headphones it just don't work With speakers my left and right ear have the same sound VIA HD Audio Deck no headphone sound back panel from all directions so I can't use speakers for gaming Also I don't have front panel to plug my headphones in and I have only back panel available Things I have done Went to sound Options headphones were showing and they were as default for my sound and communication My headphone microhpone is working wether I use speaker or headphone option in my VIA Audio deck panel With my previous motherboard which had same VIA codec it worked normaly Some picture and explained reasons Here are my advanced options where I have put Independent Headphones since if choose quot Redirected Headphones quot I won't see Headphone option in main panel - http i imgur com cnizmSM png With Headphones checked and put as default it doesn't work - http i imgur com YkyDdWb png With Stereo checked sound works but as I said it sounds like I would have stereo - http i imgur com gU DmFP png My motherboards audio specs - CH HD Audio VIA VT Audio Codec Please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/383187-via-hd-audio-deck-no-headphone-sound-back-panel.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I cannot get beats audio working via front speaker headphone jack following upgrade to windows 10. Can you provide a link to the relevant drivers please? Error Message from windows update : ? IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f

A:Beats Audio not working on front headphone jack

I tried to download drivers from HP but keep finding this message: HP encountered an error while trying to scan your product.Please verify your product is powered on and connected, then try again in a few minutes.Or, view all available drivers for your product below. HP has no problems identifying my PC, details as below: Product name = h9-1335eaProduct Number = C5V41EASerial Number = [Personal Information Removed] 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Beats-Audio-not-working-on-front-headphone-jack/td-p/5481879
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all firstly apologies for any headaches caused however until I buy a capture card I'm recording gameplay through a camera the quality to my surprise isn't bad either However picking up the audio Inputting line Headphone audio and Microphone the in into jack requires me to turn up the TV volume quite a lot and also the mic on my headset to dB boost in Control Panel gt Sound gt Recording As you can imagine audio is average Inputting Microphone and Headphone audio into the line in jack at best So a cheap solution I thought would be to buy something like this but I'm not entirely sure it'll work mm Male to Dual Female Plug Jack Stereo Audio Headset Mic Y Splitter Cables eBay The plan is to basically plug my headsets microphone jack to the red pink one which will input the audio from that but for the green Plug in a male to male audio jack one of these which I already have From my TV to the green one But I'm not sure if the green is for inputting or outputting audio So here's where it gets even more complicated If the above will work or you can link me to something that does what I'm wanting I want to actually listen to the TV audio through my headsets headphones A simple solution here would be to tick quot Listen to this Device quot in Control Panel gt Sound gt Recording however that also means listening to my voice as well which I find very offputting So because my headset is like this headphone jack microphone jack I was wondering if this layout would work excuse the very quickly thrown together illustration So what's happening in the image is TV headphones port gt headphone to headphones splitter gt gt Headset' headphone jack in one gt gt male to male headphone jack in the other gt headphone port on the splitter lt laptops microphone jack in one headphone port on the splitter lt Headset' Microphone jack in the other Really hope this is possible or someone can think of a similar simpler way Also I realize there may be some degraded quality over all of this equipment but hopefully not too much Thanks in advance

A:Inputting Microphone and Headphone audio into the line in jack

You cannot attach mismatched impedance devices directly to the PC. Some motherboards will re-task the jack based on the device plugged in and others will go up in smoke or simply turn off the jack.

I'm not a game player but isn't there software that will capture game play?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/379368-inputting-microphone-headphone-audio-into-line-jack.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows XP home sp2
ECS K8T890-A (elitegroup)

So, I have Realtek AC97 audio(VIA?), and I have a problem.
I can't hear sound through the headphones setting, and I can only hear sound by playing Rear out on 4 channel or 6 channel or swapping the Mic for subwoofer output. My sound is lower than it should be, and even lower for audio streaming.
I've found Sound Effects/Environment to usually be part of the problem for the latter.

Can someone help me with this, please?
I don't know if this should of been posted in Sound Cards, It's integrated audio.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/realtek-audio-headphone-rear-sound-problem-384783.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Gigabyte GA-P -UD motherboard with on-board sound by Realtek and my case is Thermaltake's quot stereo... Front audio jack reversed headphone Element G quot I connected the front panel audio cable to the designated connection on the motherboard however whenever I plug-in my headphones the stereo is reversed Meaning that Front audio headphone jack reversed stereo... the headphone for the Right ear is playing the audio channel for the Left ear and vice versa I end up having to wear my headphones in reverse to enjoy correct stereo sound I checked the front panel audio connection to the motherboard thinking that maybe I plugged it in the wrong way or something but apparently there is only one way to plug it in My first guess was that this was a design flaw with the case and that they mixed up the audio channel connections in the front panel However when I plugged my headphones DIRECTLY to the REAR audio jack it's exactly the same story The fact of the matter is that the on-board audio is mixing up the stereo channels I actually remember that on my previous computer with on-board audio it was the same exact problem Is this a known issue with on-board sound cards in general Most importantly is there any way I can fix this in Windows Reverse the stereo channels so that they are outputted correctly Thanks in advance

A:Front audio headphone jack reversed stereo...

Never mind. I tried a different pair of headphones and there was no problem. Apparently my cheap "Sony" headphones were just defective.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/185001-front-audio-headphone-jack-reversed-stereo.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been finding a solution for days now and I still haven't found for this. I am using windows 7. I can clearly hear music from my 2 speakers, but when I plug my headphones into the front jack inputs......no sound! in the playback devices,it shows my headphone is not plugged in!! The mic works fine. I have DL'd the latest realtek drivers and made sure all mute's are off but still nothing. If anyone knows how to fix this, you will be a better man than I. thank u in advance

A:No Sound From Headphone Jack With Realtek Hd Audio Device?

hi,

Was your PC built for you or did you buy it in a shop?

If it was built for you, you might want to check that the front panel connectors are connected to the motherboard. I have seen many people forget to do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-headphone-jack-with-realtek-hd-audio-device.146871/
Relevancy 51.6%

I will try my best not to confuse you.

On my laptop (hp-dv7) the audio on my headphones only work on the right channel. However, this surprisingly corrects its self when playing Starcraft 2, full stereo on both ears. This problem returns when I play DeusEx or use computer regularly, right channel only.

I did re-install my driver for audio, if those would ask. I also tried another pair of headphones, same thing.

The audio from the laptop, the main speakers work as they should.

I cant seem to find this particular problem online.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-audio-on-left-channel-only-works-with-specific-game.1019031/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Didn t put this in with certain out plays Sound headphone ONE WORKS! Hardware audio Why? only of files. Hardware b c my hardware works perfectly If it needs to be moved though please do I Sound plays out of ONE headphone only with certain audio files. Why? Hardware WORKS! m a transcriber I ve noticed that with some international audio sound only plays out of my LEFT headphone when headphones are plugged Sound plays out of ONE headphone only with certain audio files. Why? Hardware WORKS! directly into my laptop I know without question that there is nothing at all wrong with either the laptop or headphones of files play through both headphones as expected When I plug my headphones into the quot left quot output jack in my USB audio interface I use it for home recording it will spit the audio out to both headphones But if I go directly into the computer or use the quot headphones quot jack on the audio interface actually I only get sound on the left side Someone else suggested that this is b c the creator of the audio recorded it in stereo instead of mono Okay but what I need to know is how to make it so I can plug headphones directly into my laptop s headphone jack and hear the audio on BOTH sides I d rather not use the audio interface to do that because I need the USB jack it s occupying for my foot pedal and mouse Thanks for any suggestions you can offer as to switching either the audio to I guess stereo if that s the problem or another way of getting it to play out of both earphones when they re directly connected to the computer Blue nbsp

A:Sound plays out of ONE headphone only with certain audio files. Why? Hardware WORKS!

Welcome to TSG, blue.

TheBluestLotus said:

Someone else suggested that this is b/c the creator of the audio recorded it in stereo instead of mono. Click to expand...

The person who suggested this is quite correct. Unfortuantely, since the files were saved as mono, the only thing you can really do to solve the problem would be to edit the sound files using a program like Audacity.

Below is a link to show how to change the files from Mono to Stereo using Audacity.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2131095_convert-mono-stereo.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-plays-out-of-one-headphone-only-with-certain-audio-files-why-hardware-works.879014/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey all I've been using a Windows HP Envy laptop for quite some time with no problems It used to have very strong headphone output and I could hear it just fine even at - volume However a few days ago I made the mistake of going into - Audio? suddenly super low Headphone stuck volume Beats the preinstalled Beats Audio manager and hit Headphone volume suddenly stuck super low - Beats Audio? quot Restore defaults quot just to see Headphone volume suddenly stuck super low - Beats Audio? what it was like It set the headphone output to the exact opposite state - I can barely hear it at all if I crank every last output setting up to and it's completely inaudible otherwise I've checked the usual culprits - driver updates skype etc - and none seem to be causing it I've made sure everything is maxed in mixer and volume control and I can confirm it's not a hardware issue as volume output via headphones is normal when I dualboot to my ubuntu partition I've scoured the internet for fixes but the typical fix uncheck enhancements under speaker properties doesn't seem to exist in windows Out of desperation I system restored and it reverted to a normal volume however it went back to being super low after the next restart Repeated system restores even to the same restore have failed to fix the volume again so I assume it was a coincidence the first time I'm honestly stumped and at my wit's end here I think it the sound card might be directing the audio oddly when something is in the jack but I have no idea how to change or edit that in tl dr I quot restored defaults quot with Beats Audio and my headphone volume went from being permanently super high to permanently almost inaudible and I can't undo this Any help from someone who's seen this before would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/61238-headphone-volume-suddenly-stuck-super-low-beats-audio.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just purchased a R headphone/speaker audio output port to mutes Using HDMI Special Edition I placed the laptop in a desktop situation use ext keyboard mouse HD x monitor Obviously I Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output want to use the HDMI nbsp output nbsp to link to the HD monitor like I have done for many years with my XPS laptop with HD HDMI output I was surprised to see that when the HDMI out put is used the audio to the speaker headphone nbsp jack nbsp is muted I have searched through Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output all the on-board nbsp menus but cannot find a setting to allow audio to continue being nbsp outputted nbsp while the HDMI jack is in use nbsp Am I missing something here I assumed this laptop would operate the same as the XPS in applications where the nbsp operator nbsp is using an HD monitor in a nbsp desktop nbsp situation no built in monitor speakers or a situation where you desire to feed your own audio system nbsp directly nbsp from the Laptop BTW I also own a DELL ZINO HD desktop with HDMI output which does not behave the same way the R does That system isalso hooked Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output vis HDMI to an HD monitor with no muting of the local sound Am I the only one who as had thisd prob Any assistance would be appreciated Thanks Paul ---

A:Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output

Hi,
Welcome to the community
What operating system are you using? Can you plug in the HDMI cable, then check with Control Panel > Sounds then see the list of sound devices. Right click which device you want to set as default for Audio Output.
Let me know if this helps. Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19502093
Relevancy 51.17%

I built a custom desktop a couple of months ago I have a Gigabyte Z X-DH mobo inside an Antec Nine Hundred case Gigabyte Z X-DH Manual Nine Hundred Manual I'm not very sharp when it comes to computer audio but here's what I'm looking at I think The mobo has integrated audio which uses the VIA VT audio codec The case also has headphone mic inputs on the front panel This is connected to the mobo using the provided High Definition Audio cable as opposed to AC I have speakers connected to the integrated audio and a headset connected to the front panel headphone mic ports In windows I sound not panel headphone - HD VIA Front Deck Audio device producing am using the VIA HD Audio Deck software In the advanced options menu I have the headphones set on the quot Independent Headphone quot option which makes the headphones show up as it's own device in the windows playback device menu which is what I want instead of showing it as the speakers The problem is when I make the headphones the active device they don't play any sound The green VIA HD Audio Deck - Front panel headphone device not producing sound equalizer bars next to the device in the windows menu show the device is playing but no sound comes from the headphones VIA HD Audio Deck - Front panel headphone device not producing sound themselves If I switch the setting in the VIA software to quot Redirected Headphone quot using the same port it works fine but it shows up as the same device as the speakers In the Device Manager under quot Sounds video and game controllers quot I have devices listed AMD High Definition Audio Device High Definition Audio Device VIA High Definition Audio The High Definition Audio Device has the yellow quot quot triangle and is showing the following device status quot This device cannot start Code quot I have tried updating the drivers which windows reports they are already up to date There is also a USB Controller device which has the quot quot triangle It shows an error of no device drivers installed Code When I try to update the drivers none are found When I uninstalled and re-installed the audio device the USB device also uninstalled re-installed which leads me to believe that this is the USB ports on the front panel This is all of the info that I can think of to gather I'm sure the headphone problem is a result of these errors in the device manager but at this point I'm not too sure where to go from here Any help would be more than greatly appreciated

A:VIA HD Audio Deck - Front panel headphone device not producing sound

First get rid of the High Definition Audio Device. That was probably a default device that Windows installed, before you installed either the AMD video drivers or the VIA sound drivers. Whether that is interferring with what you want to do? (or if what you want to do can be done).

I just built a new PC with a gigabyte Z77X UD5H motherboard and it has RealTek audio on it.

In the RealTek control panel, I can set the front panel headset jack to either mute the speakers (normal) or to not mute the speakers so that both the speakers and headset work.

But, if you are trying to get two different default audio playback devices at the same time, you can't do that. Windows limits you to only one default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/244705-via-hd-audio-deck-front-panel-headphone-device-not-producing-sound.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Front headphone jack is now assigned as a communications device (basically call-center style headphones & mic).  I am unable to use this jack for regular headphones any longer.  I am unable to change the assignment back to simply 'headphones' -- the original setting when the PC was manufactured by HP.  Also, Beats Audio (and its Control Panel) no longer works and HP has no software download for my PC for it ("cannot find .startup file!").  How do I reassign the front 3.5mm headphone jack to be what it used to be and how do I get Beats Audio from HP if their support website doesn't even let me choose the software?

A:Front Headphone Jack Reassigned; Beats Audio No Longer Avail...

Welcome to the HP Support Forums @maadiman70! I understand that you were having an issue getting your headphones to work. I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the problem on your HP Pavilion HPE h8-1300z CTO Desktop PC.  As you know the HP Pavilion HPE h8-1300z CTO Desktop PC software and driver page does not have supported drivers for Windows 10 available.  When did the headphone jack stop working?When did the Beats Audio stop working?Have you tried to do a System Restore back to when they were working?Have you tried using the Windows troubleshooting tool?Have you tried to see if the headphones are recognized by the Desktop? Here is a document called No Sound from the Speakers or Headphones. There are some steps in it that may help you.  The best thing you can do because there are no Windows 10 drivers available for you at this point, is to do your Windows Updates and the HP Support Assistant updates. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. To simply say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and any other information you can provide to help me assist you in a resolution.  Thanks for joining the HP Support Community! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Front-Headphone-Jack-Reassigned-Beats-Audio-No-Longer/td-p/5708279
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I recently got the i7 version of this laptop and noticed that the speakers rattle a bit when vocals are being played and the headphone jack makes everything sound like it has REVERB added to it...??? It sounds like I'm in a chamber. I updated everything, anything I can do or no?

A:Dell inspiron 7559 audio problem. Speakers and headphone jack.

1 week now. Anything or should I call? This is terrible.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682172
Relevancy 51.17%

Front headphone jack is now assigned as a communications device (basically call-center style headphones & mic).  I am unable to use this jack for regular headphones any longer.  I am unable to change the assignment back to simply 'headphones' -- the original setting when the PC was manufactured by HP.  Also, Beats Audio (and its Control Panel) no longer works and HP has no software download for my PC for it ("cannot find .startup file!").  How do I reassign the front 3.5mm headphone jack to be what it used to be and how do I get Beats Audio from HP if their support website doesn't even let me choose the software?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Front-Headphone-Jack-Reassigned-Beats-Audio-No-Longer/td-p/5708279
Relevancy 49.45%

i have to wiggle the head phones around to make them work.. other wise theres only partial sound... how can I fix this?

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I've just got my Windows 8 through Dreamspark Premium. I was using windows 7 and did a clean install of windows 8.

After installing windows 8, there's no sound from my speaker. Sound only works with earphones. What should I do?

My laptop:
Asus N53J

**UPDATE**
I went to the asus website and update the audio driver, it partially works now. The sound is there, but I keep getting error message about SRS audio cannot be found. I go to the add/remove program and saw two programs have been installed:
-Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
-SRS audio contro panel

I uninstall the SRS audio control panel and it seems the error message is gone. But I hope I didn't corrupt anything.

I remember I don't have this problem with Windows 8 release preview...why?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/8798-no-sound-my-laptop-except-headphone.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I just purchased a new notebook and I have a bit of a problem When I plug headphones into the side headphone jack the sound quality is downright terrible Very shortly I noticed that it didn't sound as good decent as my older notebook The speakers seem to sound fine well you know - as good as laptops can sound Right now I have two notebooks side by side a friends Samsung Series NP E C with Windows upgraded from W Microsoft - headphone jack quality icon sound Unacceptable headphone no High Definition audio my Toshiba L Windows Realteck High Definition I dont have my older notebook anymore but I do remember it sounding better Comparing this Toshiba to the Samsung both sitting on the desk side-by-side the Toshiba sounds a Unacceptable headphone jack sound quality - no headphone icon little better through the speakers but there is no comparison with the headphone - The Samsung is pretty decent while the Toshiba makes me cry Now granted I'm not expecting a symphony but if I cant solve this I'm going to have to sell the Toshiba I've tried uninstalling Realtek but I couldn't get the sound to work Re-installing Realtek solved nothing One thing I noticed there is no 'headphone' icon in the device manager Control Panel gt Hardware amp Sound gt Sound or simply right click the audio icon in the taskbar Are the headphones not high definition or something screen capture http img imageshack us img chm png The above link show the speakers playing when I actually have my headphones plugged in Not sure if this is unusual or not but I always remember there being a headphone icon Both show disconnected devices and show disabled devices are checkmarked right click please don't recommend me an external DAC external speakers or anything like that

A:Unacceptable headphone jack sound quality - no headphone icon

Well, I just went to Realtek's official website and installed their audio driver - still no luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505569/unacceptable-headphone-jack-sound-quality-no-headphone-icon/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys i'm very new here Headphone Repair Port Laptop so if I break any rules or have put this thread in the wrong sub Laptop Headphone Port Repair forum please be easy on me Laptop Headphone Port Repair I just have a question for some of you genius's out there my headphone port for my laptop has taken a few quot walks away from laptop with headphones plugged in's quot and it is completely smashed up inside I used to have to just place the headphone jack in the right place to get the sound but now only my speakers which use's the USB aswell which I think makes it work That was Laptop Headphone Port Repair fine for the last couple months but now im moving into a very close suburban area with neighbours very close to me and that will be an issue also who wants to play everything through there speakers I know that the line of USB Headphones MIC and other cool stuff is connected to the Motherboard in the laptop and I was wondering if there is any possible way to get my headphone port repaired replace I hope I explained it ok and if you want any extra info please ask because I really want to get this problem fixed Please help Thanks Marc P s My laptop is an Acer ASPIRE G if that helps at all

A:Laptop Headphone Port Repair

I am researching the internet and I will gather information from several websites. I will get back to you with the information in a while!

This link might be useful: Laptop's audio jack only works when bent at an angle - Super User

If you are still having trouble go to a repair place to get it repaired.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-headphone-port-repair-276238/
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay i had this virus that even my mum couldnt working Both (headphone mic)not jacks laptop and :( get of she is the ict manager and finance instructer of the company she works for so i took it to the shop to get it fixed soo while i was there i thought hmmm why not get vista because i asked my mum like months earlyer if i could get it and she advised against it becuase it wasnt stable yet or something but i asked her recently and she said it should be okay now anyway i got vista on it and when i got home to go on it i put my headphones in and the sound carried on coming out of the speakers S so i treid all the headphones i owned and Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :( they didnt work so i tried to plug in a mic and the laptop Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :( ignored it also S so i dont realy know what to do i looked for updates and downloaded a few driver search things and one of them made my sound go of all-together saying i had no sound or recording devices so i system restored and got my sound back to were it was in the first place my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L if that Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :( helps Any help will be greatly apreciated thanks edit also in sound control panel when i press preview it works S

A:Both laptop jacks (headphone and mic)not working :(

Originally Posted by RhysRadar

Okay, i had this virus that even my mum couldnt get of (she is the ict manager and finance instructer of the company she works for) so i took it to the shop to get it fixed soo while i was there i thought hmmm why not get vista ? because i asked my mum like 6 months earlyer if i could get it and she advised against it becuase it wasnt stable yet or something but i asked her recently and she said it should be okay now ... anyway i got vista on it and when i got home to go on it i put my headphones in and the sound carried on coming out of the speakers :S so i treid all the headphones i owned and they didnt work so i tried to plug in a mic and the laptop ignored it also :S so i dont realy know what to do.. i looked for updates and downloaded a few driver search things and one of them made my sound go of all-together saying i had no sound or recording devices so i system restored and got my sound back to were it was in the first place.
my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L310 (if that helps)

Any help will be greatly apreciated

thanks

edit: also in sound control panel when i press preview it works :S

Hi Rhys, Welcome to the forum.

Click on Start, type sound into Start Search, Click on Sound.
Under the Playback tab make sure that Headset is shown and enabled (right click)
If it is not shown highlight any of the devices right cklick and select show disabled devices
Click on the Recording tab and do the same for your microphone

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/223003-both-laptop-jacks-headphone-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Lenovo Y laptop having Windows Home Premium installed on it Realtek HD Audio latest driver is is from not speaker detect both coming headphone headphone but & Sound installed But from the last days when I connect headphone through laptop following things happen - Headphone connected popup doesn't show up Mic of Headphone connected pop shows up When I play video sound coming from both headphone amp laptop speakers When I mute sound by muting sound icon in taskbar sound then comes only from headphone What I have tried Installed new Realtek HD Audio Manager Installed OS again Tried to change settings in Realtek Hd Audio Manager But Nothing changes When I input headphone amp mic jacks into laptop amp then check Realtek Sound coming from both headphone & speaker but headphone is not detect HD Audio Manager The following image shows this - The green in realtek hd audio manager is for headphone amp red is for mic In the image it is shown that headphone not connected amp mic connected But even headphone not connected shows up sound coming form headphone I want to get sound from only headphone when headphone is connected Is this a hardware problem Please help

A:Sound coming from both headphone & speaker but headphone is not detect

My Realtek HD Audio Manager has more options than yours.

Also, I notice you only have the microphone in the Recording Section of the Sound Panel. RIGHT click in an empty space in that Panel and then LEFT click Show Disabled and Disconnected devices. The Stereo Mix should be shown and you can enable that and make it the default Recording device.

Where did you get the RealTek driver that you installed? If you are not using the Lenovo supplied sound driver, get that and install it as a first step. I have a Lenovo Laptop and it has Stereo Mix and other functions. I haven't looked at the RealTek HD manager so I'm not sure what all it shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/272001-sound-coming-both-headphone-speaker-but-headphone-not-detect.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I use headphones for medical transcription. Today, they fell off the table after I took them off, and pulled at the headphone jack. Now, I can only hear sound from the headphones, but not from the laptop speakers. Is there a way to take apart the laptop in order to see if the headphone jack is cracked, or if it moved? If I plug in the headphone jack and jiggle it I can get sound from my laptop speakers, but once I take the headphone connector out of the jack, all sound is gone again from the laptop speakers. My laptop is still under warranty, but we don't want to send it out for repair unless it is absolutely necessary. Please help us -we would like to be able to fix this problem ourselves as money is short, and I need the laptop to be here so I can do my medical transcription. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-headphone-jack-on-sony-laptop.31917/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've recently bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle for my Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop so my wireless headphone could connect to it. The dongle connected and installed fine but when I pressed "Add a device", it saw it as a keyboard and when it tried to install the driver for it, it gave me a "No driver found" for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. It is a Ciberspeed Sports Bluetooth Headphone and it has worked for my iPod so I'm not sure if that's the issue. I appreciate any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385986-laptop-bluetooth-headphone-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi nbsp I've had my laptop almost a full year and just Aspire jack allowing not laptop ja... headphone on E1 a few days ago I found the headphone port would not take my headphone jack in all the headphone jack on Aspire E1 laptop not allowing ja... way I used to just plug it in and it worked Then over this last weekend I tried plugging in my earbuds and the port would just push it back out I could hold the jack in with my hand and get audio though that's becoming more difficult nbsp I think the problem is with the port and not the jack because I can plug the same jack into my mobile phone and it seats I also tried the same thing with my old headset and the port would push it back out Plug it into my mobilephone and the jack snaps in like it's supposed to nbsp Is there a way to check if the port is out of alignment If so could it be re-aligned or do I have to replace it nbsp Thanks nbsp John nbsp H

A:headphone jack on Aspire E1 laptop not allowing ja...

Just inside the headphone and mic ports, you should be able to see a black plastic or annular ring. This ring material usually holds the plug in place by friction against the slightly larger metal ring at the base of the plug's pin. This black annular ring might've dropped out of the port and rolled on the floor somewhere. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/headphone-jack-on-Aspire-E1-laptop-not-allowing-jack-all-the-way/td-p/353308
Relevancy 48.16%

no sound from my laptop speakers but headphone works. I have been reading so many forums in online to solve this problem but i couldn't solve this one. Someone help me to solve this one please. I am using hp pavilion "notebook-15-ab216tx with windows10 64bit"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-from-my-Laptop-speaker-but-Headphone-works/td-p/5636546
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an HP laptop running 8.1. I did update my computer or I restarted after an automatic update but no sound comes from speakers or head phone jacks. I have checked my drivers and they are working. My sound is not on mute.
Any suggestions?

A:No sound coming from laptop from speakers or headphone jac

Control panel > Sound, are Speakers selected as default sound output ? Often HDMI would take precedence.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/57694-no-sound-coming-laptop-speakers-headphone-jac.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've recently bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle for my Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop so my wireless headphone could connect to it. The dongle connected and installed fine but when I pressed "Add a device", it saw it as a keyboard and when it tried to install the driver for it, it gave me a "No driver found" for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. It is a Ciberspeed Sports Bluetooth Headphone and it has worked for my iPod so I'm not sure if that's the issue. I appreciate any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/385986-laptop-bluetooth-headphone-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

When i installed Windows 7 everything was fine but only my sound from speaker aren't working. I have Gateway CX2724 laptop. When i had Vista and XP it worked fine but now it doesnt. Please let me know how to fix it. I will appreciate a lot.

A:Gateway laptop has no sound from Speaker but it has from headphone

The headphones that work.... they aren't USB ones are they?

Can you check in DEVICE MANAGER to see if your soundcard is listed there and if it has a driver loaded for it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/4463-gateway-laptop-has-no-sound-speaker-but-has-headphone.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I usually listen to music with speakers through the headphone jack. When I unplug the speakers, the music plays through the stock laptop speakers like it is supposed to do.

However, all of a sudden, the sound has only worked through these external speakers. It plays fine through the headphone jack, but when I unplug the speakers, the laptop speakers do not work.

I have restored the computer to an earlier point that I know they were working, but still nothing.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1705.

Any help would be appreciated.

roughneck

A:Sound through headphone jack, but not laptop speakers

I don't know what happened, but they are working now.

roughneck

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/69694-sound-through-headphone-jack-but-not-laptop-speakers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,
* I want to Make the audio Play in Headphone as well as laptop speaker at the same time. How to achieve this?

* Is it Possible to play one application (example: VLC Player) with laptop loudspeaker and another application (Example: Windows Media Player) via Headphone at the same time ? without each sound interfering?

Thanks in Advance.

Arif

A:How to play With Laptop Speaker and Headphone simultaneous

as for your first question this should help: (Video is for Win7 but concept should be the same)

Play Audio with Both Headphones and Speakers with just Windows 7 - YouTube
Cheers,

Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/40755-how-play-laptop-speaker-headphone-simultaneous.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi.

I've recently bought a laptop online with no OS installed on it. I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and downloaded all drivers from the manufactures website. Everything works fine except there is no audio coming through the headphone jack or built-in speakers. I have spent majority of today looking online for answers on how to fix this issue and have found nothing that works.

The laptop model is a HP Pavillion dv6-1007tx.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: When I plug in a HDMI cable to the laptop, sound comes through my TV.

A:No sound through headphone jack or laptop speakers

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager? Are you sure you have installed the proper audio driver for Windows 7 64 or 32 bit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-through-headphone-jack-or-laptop-speakers.197543/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys...          I'm using a HP laptop and Windows 7 OS. Several days ago I found that my laptop buit in speaker is not working.Before this problem occured, I played a DVD and it  produced a poor sound from laptop speaker. Now  I can't hear any sound from laptop speaker. But I can hear sound well through headphones.  I checked PLAYBACK Settings.  This how playback setting appears even when I plug Headphones in to the laptop. I can't see any option/setting for headphones. Only for speakers and headphones are working under this speaker option/mode. I'm really really confused with this problem. Does my laptop still run on Headphone mode...? If so how can i fix it?        Guys....Can someone please help me to solve this problem...please....!! thnks.

A:No Sound from my laptop speaker but Headphone works....

Hi, Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Sound-from-my-laptop-speaker-but-Headphone-works/td-p/2990137
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have an Hp625 running Windows 7 Basic 32 bit - I can play music through my laptops built in speakers without any problems, but when I plug headphones (or external computer speakers) into the headphone jack no sound comes through them (and simultaneously the laptop speakers go mute). My computer is dual boot with ubuntu, and this problem appeared when I upgraded my Ubuntu version - still, I know that the jack works as it is working fine in Ubuntu, and Im sure the problem is fixable within windows!

I have tried for HOURS to fix this problem, and attempted everything obvious, plus read many threads on similar topics. Please help. My computer is using the IDT audio control panel, and according to windows everything us up to date and fine. BUT ITS NOT PLEASE HELP.

Best
Ryan

A:My laptop speakers are working fine, but the headphone jack is not!

Are you experiencing the problem in windows or in ubuntu? Have you installed the sound driver for ubuntu when you upgraded your version of ubuntu. Have you updated the sound driver for windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/237684-my-laptop-speakers-working-fine-but-headphone-jack-not.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm using Windows 7 and the thing is my laptop only recognizes it's internal audio device. When I plug in the external speaker, or anything, it always says: Headphone not plugged in (In the Sound symbol - Playback devices). Can anyone help me? Thank you very much

A:Laptop Lenovo SL500 Thinkpad - Headphone not plugged in

First step, reinstall the Conexant Audio driver. Lenovo does not list a Windows 7 driver but they do list a Vista driver and it should be Win 7 compatible.

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows Vista (64-bit) - ThinkPad SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL500 and SL500c - Lenovo Support (US)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/397949-laptop-lenovo-sl500-thinkpad-headphone-not-plugged.html