Windows Support Forum

My Asus Ultrabook won't power up

Q: My Asus Ultrabook won't power up

I wanted to reset my admin password on my asus ultrabook,
so I took advice from some wanker who told me to remove round battery for 5 min, unplug it from motherboard, plug ac power in without replacing battery yet....... So... THIS WANKER DID!...
Now turning my computer on ive got nothing .... Except a 'battery charging flicker', when releasing power button after holding it a long,long time!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME IM STUMPED, OR SIMPLY THE OWNER OF A PAPER WEIGHT? .... ( I did see a green light briefly when I plugged it in, without the round battery. )

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My Asus Ultrabook won't power up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My Asus Ultrabook won't power up

Sounds like this procedure corrupted the motherboards bios, and you may have a "paperweight" now for good. Did you re-install the "round" Bios button battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-ultrabook-wont-power-up.204512/
Relevancy 64.5%

My Asus Zenbook ux21a was bought brand new and days later I have been closing the laptop lid and it shuts it down when before it was just in sleep mode but would resume but now it shuts the laptop down and I power it back on and I get a message saying windows didn't shut down properly and windows recovery error.

Any ideas? The whole point in an ultrabook is to be able to close it and open it when you need to.

A:My Asus Ultrabook keeps shutting down when i close the lid

Hello,

Check the Power Options/plan to see what the lid close action is set too.

Change what happens when you close your mobile PC lid

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-asus-ultrabook-keeps-shutting-down-when-i-close-the-lid-680983.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am unable to scroll using 2 fingers down the touch pad which is how it should work. The computer has Smart Gesture that doesn't seem to be working. Mouse settings don't help. Is there something I need to enable?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16464-touch-pad-problems-asus-ultrabook.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi friends!

Some days ago I bought Asus Ultrabook S400CA with cames with an 24gb SSD and 500gb HD. Ultrabook performance ins't very good and I want to do a fresh Windows 8.1 install, without Asus craps.

I'm already have a Windows 8.1 Single Languem OEM ISO to do this, and I think that Windows key will bem retrieved from BIOS, but I worried about partitions. Currently, my partitions is set like this:

My doubts about this are:

1. How can I backup recovery partitions in this partition mess?
2. 24gb SSD is enough for a Windows 8.1 install?
3. If I install Windows 8.1 into HD, how can I use SSD for cache? This will really help performance?

Thanks a lot!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/45056-fresh-windows-8-1-install-into-asus-ultrabook.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello All I am new to EightForums have been researching to find a fix to a similar problem I have an ASUS S C ultrabook that has an original on Windows formated Help 8 Ultrabook Restore S56C ASUS for GB GB SSD that was originally running Win bit that was hosed by following instructions from ASUS tech Help for Restore Windows 8 on formated ASUS S56C Ultrabook support and now they have no media to do reinstall When I say hosed I mean on boot the laptop is looking for an OS My last step performed with guidance from ASUS was to create a USB with their ASUS Backtracker Software Upon bootup from this USB it goes through the motions where it initialized the hardrive then went to restore an image but it could not find image on the flash drive When I search the original hard drive utilizing Ubuntu live CD I can see main directories but I cannot see anything below them When I mount the created flash USB I do see folders BOOT EFI en-US RECOVERY RecoveryImage Sources Under RECOVERY there is a WindowsRE folder and a winre wim file mb Under RecoveryImage are asus swm asus swm asus swm and asus swm I have access to bit machines running Windows Vista and Ubuntu LTS and I read SIW 's procedure from this page Unable to use built-in ASUS recovery partition Obviously I cannot move forward with bit version Any suggestions and or directions would be greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44657-help-restore-windows-8-formated-asus-s56c-ultrabook.html
Relevancy 63.21%

need assistance to get out of aptio setup utility ;when i switched on the power buttion it alway opening the aptio utility set up

A:my asus ultrabook v550bc always showing aptio utility set u

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys and select Task Manager. Next go to the Start-up tab and see if it appears there. If so right click it and select Disable.It will still be there in the registry but the above will should get it out of your hair. Probably best not to delve into the registry unless you are familiar with that place.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-asus-ultrabook-v550bc-always-showing-aptio-utility-set-u/1826.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an ASUS ultrabook Being an ultrabook it has a small SSD drive and no DVD drive It came originally installed with Win and was later upgraded to Win After a while the system started behaving in very odd ways and I decided to reset from protected OS region Try - When I tried to reset I received an error stating that it could not refresh UEFI nightmare Ultrabook ASUS 8 refresh install Windows / because there were ASUS Ultrabook UEFI Windows 8 refresh / install nightmare files missing I read somewhere that you can't refresh using the Win copy after you have upgraded to Win Try - I have a retail copy of Windows on a USB drive so I thought I would just install that First problem - the key is no longer on a convenient sticker but is instead embedded in the UEFI I ASUS Ultrabook UEFI Windows 8 refresh / install nightmare was able to find a tool that exposed that only to receive an error stating ASUS Ultrabook UEFI Windows 8 refresh / install nightmare that I can't use that key with a retail copy of Windows Arrgh Try - I have a Dell desktop running Win and used that to create a Windows recovery drive on a USB stick I was able to use that to run a refresh which seemed to work it certainly erased all the files but the system is still not right For example I can't run Netflix because it keeps telling me I am missing components I tried installing the components it suggested for Chrome - no luck I then tried installing MS Silverlight to run it in IE again no luck still get the missing components message and the install of Silverlight failed Any thoughts where I go from here I have a Win key from a retired PC and could create a Win install drive which is probably my next option but I have no idea if the UEFI thing is going to interfere with that Any help greatly appreciated

A:ASUS Ultrabook UEFI Windows 8 refresh / install nightmare

Follow this tutorial, should get you going again: Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create
You create a bootable flash drive to install from.

Then follow this tutorial for the actual install: Clean Install - Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56906-asus-ultrabook-uefi-windows-8-refresh-install-nightmare.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Unable to log into my homepage after changing forgotten password on outlook. Talked to microsoft support and they said you may need to reboot the laptop

A:How to reboot locked out from home page Asus T300L Ultrabook

Reboot just means restart (power off then on again) - did you try that? Otherwise maybe they meant factory restore.Do you mean your "Outlook home page" because that is the only page that should be affected by changing that particular password?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-reboot-locked-out-from-home-page-asus-t300l-ultrabook/1555.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have issues charging Envy power - ultrabook and issue that Envy ultrabook - power and charging issue came up at about the same time best I can tell nbsp I scoured the internet to try to find solutions but nothing has worked nbsp not sure if I have bit or bit Windows nbsp Problem The computer shuts down immediately after unplugging cord even when it shows there is a charge on the battery indicator nbsp Problems The battery indicator shows plugged in not charging nbsp I ran the battery test through the HP Support Assistant which shows the battery is working fine but needs to be calibrated nbsp I tried going into the device manager gt battery gt and then uninstall the two listed items power down unplug cord remove battery power up without the battery check to see if the two battery items are reinstalled they were power down remove cord nbsp reinstall battery and power up nbsp Both problems are still there nbsp The battery power is slowly dwindling since Envy ultrabook - power and charging issue it has not been charging and nbsp has gone from about when I first notice the issue to nbsp I am trying to be economical on powering the unit back up while figuring out a solution and have it shut down currently nbsp I also tried a system restore as far back as it would go but that did nothing to help nbsp Thank you for your help nbsp John nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-ultrabook-power-and-charging-issue/td-p/5853576
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I am having a problem with my power/battery on my Envy ultrabook 4. 1st of all the battery is at 84% and it says it is not charging. as soon as I disconnect the power cord it turns the laptop off completely. i have ran a battery test within the HP Support assistance and it passed that test. I have also looked and fiddled with the power options and pwer services and i am still getting the same issue. The laptop is out of warranty. can someone hekp with this please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Ultrabook-automatically-turns-off-when-power-cord-is-removed/td-p/5781684
Relevancy 52.46%

Yesterday in my house,electric fuse was switched to turn on cooker in my kitchen. During this power delivery was stopped for 4-5 second only.
When power back on then pc automatically turns on and just before bios show me :"?Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.
Press F1 to continue.? And then pc booted fine to Windows.

Is this normal ? Did it damage something? Why i get that message is this normal?

PC:
6700K stock
16GB DDR4
Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
Gtx 1080
SSD 1x

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66598-power-supply-surges-detected-during-previous-power-asus-anti-su.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Asus CUV4X power led flash at power-on
I recently do a BIOS update (with failed flash verification) and I am trying to rescue my system. Now the system HW power-on (no video image) and the power-led blink. I'm parallel looking for a (new) programmed ASUS EEPROM but is hard!
Someone one know what this mean (one meaning I know: go on the 4th floor, open the windows and through the MB out!).

Ciao
Maurizio

A:Asus CUV4X power led flash at power-on

Hi and welcome. One reason I do not recommend bios flashes

If you can't find the chip, I think you're looking at a new motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-power-led-flash-at-power-on.324646/
Relevancy 49.02%

Just got a New Mobo. an Asus A7N266-VM. However, the green LED comes on, on the Mobo. but when the power button is push it will not power up (Yes, the power button plug is hooked up to the right pins on the Mobo.). I hooked a diff. Mobo. up to same set up and powered up just fine.
The only fan running off the board is the CPU. The two other fans run off the power (350) supply and video chip doesn't have a fan.
I have done a few Mobo's. before with no probs., I do (well kinda) know what I'm doing.
The User's Manual is vague and no help at all.
Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Also I have tried flipping the power led and shorting the power pins no go.
Thank You,
Don

A:Asus A7N266-VN Getting power but won't power up

i had thet problem, buts thats when a ****** nexgen powersupply went pop, it wouldnt work but after 2 daqys of leaving it it worked, disconnect everything and reconnect it
but only put like cpu and fan in, ram, videocard, 1 hdd and see if it works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a7n266-vn-getting-power-but-wont-power-up.189681/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys I m new to this so humor me I m trying to build a system with -Asus P N-D motherboard -Intel E- dual core processor -Corsair x Asus won't P5N-D power up GB DDR -Ge graphics I put the cpu in place installed the memory and power supply but when i hit the power button on the chasis which is connected Asus P5N-D won't power up all i get is a short burst of power and then nothing So what i see is that the fan turns on for a second and then stop The little green LED is on so i know there is some sort of power getting to the board I ve checked the power supply by itself by jumpering the green status line to gnd and everything checks out ok with that I tried clearing the CMOS Same results I don t have another motherboard readily available to swap out the cpu but is there anything else I could try to figure out what the problem is I haven t plugged in the video card yet will that make a difference Things didn t seem to be working so i didn t want to damage it by plugging it into a potentially bad motherboard Suggestions nbsp

A:Asus P5N-D won't power up

I haven't checked the board but if it has onboard Video connection then No.

I have had faulty CPU fans cause the entire Motherboard not to POST so you could disconnect that connector, then try turning on (if it actually stays on then turn it off straight away, and replace the CPU fan.)

Failing that, I would say that you need to start disconnecting other components (HardDrive etc) and possibly even BenchTest the motherboard out of the case.
You can find more guidance on how to do this here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-d-wont-power-up.117077/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just built my new pc (asus h87 plus, core i5 4570s,etc) and tried to boot it up for the first time. For some reason it doesn't want to power on. A Green LED is lit up but I do't know what that means. Any ways to fix this issue???

A:Asus H87 Power Problem

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model , Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-h87-power-problem.1115280/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there, Sarah is using win 7 64 bit, Asus motherboard reports power surge and shut down the computer from nowhere. Happened 3 times yesterday and 3 times today. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Asus Power Surge

There is no evidence for a BSOD. I recommend powering computer from a different wall socket, and seeing if the same issue occurs. If it does, open the computer BIOS and report the temperatures displayed therein.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389135-asus-power-surge.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi i ve built a new PC with these following parts MOBO ASUS H M-A D CPU i - K GHz Skylake MB Socket GPU Sapphire ATI Radeon HD RAM Kingston HyperX Fury Black GB DDR MHz CL V x PSU RASURBO Silent amp Power DLP - watts New Power ASUS PC Surge CPU Cooler Thermaltake ASUS Power Surge New PC NiC C HDD SATA Samsung HD SJ GB RPM M Optical drive ASUS DRW- BSST My V voltage in BIOS is V which is extremely low but my machie powers up and runs the OS Win just fine but when I try to install component drivers my CPU Fan goes ASUS Power Surge New PC insane and in a few moments I get a power surge reboot and a prompt saying just that Researching I discoevred that ASUS motherboards have a faulty anti-surge feaure that should be diasbled in BIOS but I do not want to risk harming my hardware that s why at the moment I am at an impase I don t know if it s my PSU either since the PSU calculator at outervision com said I need under watts for my machine and just buying a more powerful PSU is a waste of money and also I risk to slow my hardware My PSU isn t that old either and it s properly cleaned The CPU Fan is properly seated on my CPU and there s adequate thermal grease on the surface Is there any problem if my motherboard is missing screwes out of because I had to buy standoffs to properly sit the motherboard and I haven t yet installed does since I didn t see the point if my motherboard is stable If it s necessary I will but the other srewes seem to hold the motherboard nice and tight Thanks in advance nbsp

A:ASUS Power Surge New PC

First of all, I would STOP using the system until you install a quality pw supply. Having the 12V rail that low will cause stability problems and if the pw supply fails, it can take out other parts ie mb, video card, ram, etc.
Next what does the bios show for cpu temp?

As for having all of the screws/standoffs installed, as long as the board is securely mounted, it should be ok. You did not by chance install this board into a dell/hp or other big box case did you?

One other item I notice. That is a very low end mb. Asus is a fine mfg however that board is not one of their high end boards. It would be ok for a very basic build ie running office stuff, playing solitaire, etc. It is not up to the stress of running games or overclocking. I mention overclocking because you have a "K" processor with the unlocked multi. Paying extra for the K processor is somewhat a waste since the mb you installed does not allow overclocking via the multi [H chipsets do not support overclocking] You could OC with the base clock however that is not recommended.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-power-surge-new-pc.1159880/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello there I ve got a bit of a problem here with an ASUS S J laptop Apparently this particular laptop is somewhat obscure on the net considering how little information on it I ve come across I ASUS problem Power S96J figured ASUS S96J Power problem coming here would ASUS S96J Power problem help me greatly First of all it suffers from a problem I ve seen in other laptops which is when the power button is pressed the green LED s come on for a second and then disappear ASUS S96J Power problem Same situation when either hooked up to power or unplugged I ve already tried popping out the battery then putting it back I ve also tried making use of what seems to be a reset hole of some sort on the bottom to be honest I m not really sure what it actually does to no avail As a side note the symbol next to the hole looks like this gt o lt I was also told that flashing the BIOS would fix it as I have seen one laptop fixed this way before but I d like to save that as my last resort If it does come to that I d greatly appreciate help in that area as well since I ve never attempted anything of that sort before Thanks to any and all replies and advice in advance nbsp

A:ASUS S96J Power problem

DO NOT flash the bios. You could end up with a door stop. You only flash the bios on a computer that is working well and if the bios flash answers a specific problem on that machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-s96j-power-problem.999952/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have dual Xeon Asus pc dl deluxe motherboard When I press power button POST starts and correctly reports processors memory After about seconds power goes down as I would press and hold power switch for sec I have bought new power supply W and connected both power cables to motherboard I have tried minimal configuration - processors asus down dl shuts sec power deluxe after pc 30 - with fans -memory Tested in another PC and works -video card different one PCI and one AGP It still goes off I have taken MB to shop where it was bought They have checked and reported that everything is OK I went home tried and same behaviour Power off after about sec asus pc dl deluxe - shuts down power after 30 sec I have tried to press del button to enter BIOS setup Screen displays text quot Entering setup quot but it does not enter because seconds elapsed and power goes off I have tried with power supply from different computer which works well and same I have asus pc dl deluxe - shuts down power after 30 sec connected only Power switch connector to MB and power cables during test MB is not in chasi it is on table insulated Only power cables connected and power switch Am I doing something wrong Zdenko nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-pc-dl-deluxe-shuts-down-power-after-30-sec.642670/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop that he uses for college ... an Asus Z8100 that i purched years ago from Vicious PC ... a gaming PC site ... it was working fine, now will not turn on ... it shows nothing on the screen, the light for the drive comes on, and the other 2 lights ( A and 1 ) blink, then it shuts down ... i tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds and plugging it back in and then replacing the battery ... as was suggested in another post, but no luck ... i know the computer is old, but we can't get him another one right now, so any help would be greatly appreciated ... thank you

A:Asus Z8100 power up problems

Laptop needs repairs and the cost to repair it wouldn't be the right move. Buying him a netbook for $199 - $229 would be the ideal. This is the way I would go. Since parts and labor is going to cost you more money and also if suck parts can be found for older laptop today.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-z8100-power-up-problems.140266/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all, need a little help here. I have an ASUS CM5570 that I a repairing. The initial problem was that it wouldnt boot (power on) every time...it was pretty hit or miss......so I replaced the power supply, No it powers on correctly, cd drive lights up, etc, however it never seems to go past that stage of the initial powering on....doesnt seem to boot, nothing is displayed on the screen, no beeps coming from the tower either....

Any ideas?

A:ASUS CM5570 / Power Issue

I have tried multiple power supplies....it seems to be booting now...now I am having install OS install troubles...this thing may not be worth the time.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cm5570-power-issue.1055518/
Relevancy 45.15%

the case i have currently has a 500 watt power block. the only thing is, the power block has a 20 pin and 4 pin power cable for the motherboard while the motherboard has a 24 pin EATXPWR connection and a 2 x 4 ATX12V connection.

is there any way to get correct power to this particular motherboard with the current power block or do i need to go buy another power block? i'm guessing the answer is i need to buy a new one, but i wanted to check here before i went out and did that.

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131153

case (with power): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156062

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, i recently bought a new ASUS A7N8X-X, and also a new power supply (the model is LPG2-550W) but i'm having some problems: when i push the power button nothing hapens... the motherboard built-in power led is on, i've tried removing all components and still nothing, then i even removed the processor (my old Athlon XP 1800) and nothing (should it do anything with only the power supply and the motherboard?) i thought it might be a problem with the power button, and so tried to make the two "pins" connect directly, it didn't work. any sugestions? i can send the board back to the store but it will take a few days for them to give me another one or tell me that its not a board's problem... and i need my computer to work... :dead:

if anyone can help me... thanks already.

A:ASUS A7N8X-X Power-up problem

"remove the processor", geez! your computer will not power up with CPU!

Did you connect the power plug, 12v extra power (4pin plug) and correct plug position for led and power. Check your mobo manual. If it dont work, go and switch your power supply and try again. if still not work, it is your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-x-power-up-problem.19412/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am shopping around for a new power supply for this motherboard. In addition to the ATX and ATX12V connectors, there is also an AUX power connector on this board. The PSU's I'd like to get for it (namely, the SmartPower2.0 from Antec) do not have this connector. This review by anandtech seems to indicate this motherboard does not need the aux power to function correctly.

Can anyone here confirm this? Thanks!

A:ASUS P4T motherboard and AUX power connector

From that article, I take that it can work without it.
I have an old psu that has a power lead like that, but it's only 230w.
Maybe some psus still have that connector.

Edit: I found one psu that has the 6pin aux connector. Fortron 350w
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...350-60PN-R1 ATX12V 350W Power Supply - Retail
It's on the right of the pic.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104966

Another one.
Antec true 430w
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...=Antec TRUE430 ATX 430W Power Supply - Retail
The connector is 3rd from the left.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103908

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4t-motherboard-and-aux-power-connector.27345/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an Asus X51RL laptop with an annoying power supply problem.
99% of the time it shuts down and starts perfectly, every now and then it shuts down and will not restart.
When this happens, it just appears dead, with no signs of life, including mains supply light not even being lit when plugged in.
I have found if I remove the battery for a few minutes it will usually start and work perfectly.
Anybody got any ideas as it is really frustrating

A:Asus X51RL Power problem

If someone who knew anything about this could please speak up, that would be awesome. I have the same problem and other forums have the same problem posted and some suggestions that haven't worked for me.

Also, when I plug in the adapter and listen very closely to the power supply, I hear constant ticking, which I haven't noticed anyone else mention. Perhaps that tidbit can help a more advanced techie/electrical-know-how to diagnose the problem?

SOS! PLEASE!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x51rl-power-problem.937025/
Relevancy 45.15%

My system specs are a venice ghz x v muskin redline x gig mhz - - - T a u and an antec w true power psu this problem has just arisen yesterday - i pushed the power button all the fans turned on and the mobo beeped not the won't button! with help! A8V power Please boot Asus POST beep but the turning-on-the-power beep and that was it nothing else when i pressed teh reset button everything booted perfectly Asus C P R went into affect and reset the bios and this only happens when the system won t post from ocing it to high but it has been at for the last month or so and has been rock solid Cpu temps never go past c i think that this might Asus A8V won't boot with power button! Please help! be a problem with the video card not booting up My old system an axp on an asus nforce ultra and an fx has the same problem but less common What can this be cpu voltage being set to low maybe setting it to wil help the vdimm was set to v yesterday but it just crashed out of the blue so i set it to and everything was fine windows debugger said that it crashed on ntfs sys but that doesn t really mean anything what can this be please help edit it passed hrs prime and passes of memtest so i don t think this is cpu or memory nbsp

A:Asus A8V won't boot with power button! Please help!

Try another PSU maybe yours is faulty. You said after you pressed the reset button it worked, this could be because the first time you power on computer the PSU isn't Stabilising the voltages quick enough but when you restart it has had time to Stabilise the voltages.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8v-wont-boot-with-power-button-please-help.62716/
Relevancy 45.15%

Replaced old MB with ASUS P3B-F. With power cord plugged in, the power supply fan is on and the power led for the MB is on. When the power on switch is pushed only the hdd power on led is lighted. System does not start.

Is there a possibility that the power supply is the culprit?

Can you give troubleshooting tips?

A:ASUS P3B-F Mobo wont power on

Is that a socket 370 mobo? If it is, it might be broken just due to old age, and even if it's not, I have to say it's time to upgrade to a newer socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p3b-f-mobo-wont-power-on.70535/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an Asus x83v-x1 netbook it wont boot up when i power it on, sometimes it would come on other times it won't. I had the battery checked and was conformed it is good as well as the hard drive, what could be the problem?

A:My Asus x83v-x1 won't boot up when i power it on

Hi and welcome.
Will it start in safe mode? - tap F8 as the netbook starts up.
Who did you have check the Hard Drive - on what was it checked - how did they know that the Hard Drive was Ok???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-asus-x83v-x1-wont-boot-up-when-i-power-it-on.988599/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Asus P4S533 motherboard with the SiS 645 chipset. Celeron 2Ghz Northwood, Kingston 2100 DDR, 4 Western Digital HDD, Promise KT133 Tx2 Controller Card, Generic USB 2.0 PCI card, and an ATI 7000 VE graphics card. Sony Dru-500 DVD +/- R and RW and a Lite On 48X CD-R.

I have tried 2 different power supplies, an Enermax and an Allied one. Both at 450Watts. My computer refuses to power on or POST

However, when I connect a generic 300 Watt PSU, my computer has no problems powering on with all peripherals connected. Does the Asus dislike high wattage power supplies? I tested both 450 watt supplies on other computers, and they power up fine.

I checked and double checked the molex connectors for correct fit, the 4 Pin connector for the CPU and the 20 Pin connector for the motherboard and the are all on correctly and fit snug. I already reset the CMOS as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

A:Asus and Power Supply Issues

Best thing to do ( and sometimes it works better with a generic power , i.e on a A7V333 a 350 W CompUSA "special" works flawless) is to checkout www.braziliantech.com ( best resource for ASUS boards)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-and-power-supply-issues.106392/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all I bought an ASUS MOBO Mod # M3A78. I bought it at a Going out of business sale so no take backs. It was sealed in box. I have built computers since... well forever; but this is first! I installed everything fine all new components and green power light came on; but no fans, no post. Checked to see if the system was shorted some way, that was a no! Pulled components one at a time and replaced, including the power supply. Still no go! Called ASUS tech support, found out that warranty was 30 days out of service, even though I just bought the motherboard. They were about as useful with my computer problem as a bag full of roofing hammers! So I bought a new BIOS chip and installed it...still no go! Does anyone have an idea that may be useful? Thank You Joan

A:Solved: NEW ASUS MOBO No power,

You're getting help here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1076449-new-asus-m3a78-motherboard.html Posting multiple threads on the same issue will just confuse the ones trying to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-asus-mobo-no-power.1076456/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just went way out on a limb and bought a new ASUS A7V8X-X mobo with an ATX Case including an XPower LC-B350ATX power supply. I have all jumpers at default. The CPU fan appears to be seated correctly and is plugged into the mobo. When I turn on from the switch on the power supply i get nothing. when i go to the front panel and hit either the reset or power button i get nothing. i checked both switches and they have continuity when depressed and lose continuity when released. i assume this is correct. i read in one of these threads about someone that said the mobo book was wrong for plugging in the front panel stuff and he used the markings on the board instead. my board markings match my book. do i need to change any jumpers? i dont even get the led light on the mobo to light. very depressing.

A:No Power to mobo ASUS A7V8X-X

only two things

come to mind............your power supply..........and, most likely, your connections being incorrect.........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-mobo-asus-a7v8x-x.6122/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I made a computer with an asus motherboard, ath xp 1700 processor, 32 cid card ect. I put in a 250w power supply and im having a lot of problems... some people tell me that i need a 400 watt supply.... is 250 really too little?

Relevancy 45.15%

I am building a new pc with the above board but have a small query. The board has a 24 pin ATX power connector and my PSU has a 20 pin connector, can I use my current psu?
I have used this combination before with success but the manual with this board does not offer any advice on the matter.
I am only fitting one graphics card at the moment so won't need the extra power of the 24 pin power connector.

A:Asus A8N-SLI mobo power supply

Go to your local PC hardware store and pick up an adapter. Very cheap, and it'll fix you up just like that.

How many watts and what brand is that PSU anyways?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-mobo-power-supply.33492/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello folks Before i start i must say that based switch problem Asus pc on Power on the info i have this is really a shot in the dark but as ive got such good help in the past ive decided to give it a go My problem is this having offered to replace a friends cdrom drive with a cdrw i proceeded to replace it with no problems but while removing the cover the wire marked power sw must have come off the motherboard terminal and no matter what way i put Power switch problem on Asus pc it back on it wont work i dont kno for sure exactly where it Power switch problem on Asus pc was on the motherboard but based on the length of the wire and where the leds are connected i feel as though i cant be far out but on the only plug available there are many possible ways to connect it most of which ive already tried of course because it wont switch on i cant identify the exact board using of the available progs so if anyone has even half a clue as to how i might be able to fix this problem id be glad to hear it and thanks in advance Bill nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Please help I am now having a problem with this new computer I just purchased The computer is working but it is running very slow Here is the error ASUS Power CPU P4S800 problem When I start or reboot the computer the system hangs during Bio s Boot process and has a statement that appears something like this quot During Boot Phase Processor error was detected Go to Power Menu quot Press F to continue Del to run set-up CPU speed is set in Bio s at In the Bio s I found under power manager under Hardware ASUS P4S800 CPU Power error monitor a problem with CPU voltage VCORE VOLTAGE v is flashing v ASUS P4S800 CPU Power error in Red Here is ASUS P4S800 CPU Power error what it states VCORE VOLTAGE v v v this voltage goes between v to v v v v v Here is my question Is it possible that my New Power supply is going bad or is My New P Mhz CPU going bad ASUS Tech support states it is not the motherboard the motherboard is doing it job by reporting the error I guess that sounds right Or could it be the motherboard Please help Hardware configuration Tower Case w w PS with fans ASUS P S motherboard with newest Bio s -SIS SIS W -P S Intel P c Mhz CPU GB PC PIN MBx DDR Kingmax GB Maxtor HD GB Maxtor HD Pioneer DVD- x Pioneer DV-R x x x ATI Radeon Mb x Video Card Sound Blaster Audigy SMC Lan card Asound Lan Card Win XP Home full version nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I've recently bought a Asus a a book which it came with windows home premium bit i gb 41 Event a55a Asus Kernel-power ram hd grph in beginning its works properly but last two month ago a annoying error that makes the notebook turn off in a random way I figured out via windows logs that the error is Event Kernel Power Here's the details of the error friendly view Code System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Kernel-power Event 41 Asus a55a Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer ALIHASSAN-PC - Security UserID something - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp xml view lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt ALIHASSAN-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Kernel-power Event 41 Asus a55a Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Kernel-power Event 41 Asus a55a Event gt This error dose not pop up regularly it appeared to me t in weeks time i search about this error and i was found its reason is some driver problem but i don't know whats going on please please help me if you have knowledge about my error i am worried about my friends tell me that might be your hardware problem my situation like this please help me AND sorry for wrong English its not my native language I am waiting for replies

A:Kernel-power Event 41 Asus a55a

Hi -

Event ID 41; Task Category 63 simply records a "hard" system shutdown:

Quote:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2

This is from my system:

Code:
Critical 7/9/2013 5:16:47 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Did you see a Blue Screen of Death at time of these sudden shutdowns?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/kernel-power-event-41-asus-a55a-703871.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Kernel-power Asus UX32VD 41 EventID everyone I've recently bought a Asus Zenbook UX VD which originally came with win I've also experienced sudden shut downs whithout any warning Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords Kernel-power EventID 41 Asus UX32VD User SYSTEM Computer emko-pc Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C Kernel-power EventID 41 Asus UX32VD B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt emko-pc lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Can someone help me Thanks

A:Kernel-power EventID 41 Asus UX32VD

I have started a new thread for you since your problem may not be the same as that in the thread you originally posted in.Kernel-power Event 41 Asus UX32VD
Even though you are not getting a blue screen, please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide more information about your problems including your event viewer logs.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/kernel-power-eventid-41-asus-ux32vd-689499.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok, a friend and i are building a computer, we are both no strangers to this and we purchased an ASUS A7N8X-X. Our power supply(350W, RaidMax Swithcing Power), has a power switch on the back, when it is turned on, comp. runs all fans go(including cpu fan), and the Led in front lights and so does the HDD Led. Our Power Switch, and Reset Switch do not work. All of the connections in the book are same as markings on mobo. Can't get the computer Reset button, and Power button to work.

Someone help, Thanks.

A:ASUS A7N8X-X Power Switch Trouble

It may be possible that your switches are faulty, have you tried placing a jumper on the power pins? If your machine does start up, it will turn off after 5 seconds, and you'll know your switches are bad. Otherwise, I have seen RAM cause this problem before. Possibly try reseating the memory or replacing it. Otherwise, I'd assume that the motherboard should be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-x-power-switch-trouble.8249/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all, My question relates to this motherboard -Asus cuv4x-c.
The orignal psu did burn out, I pulled it apart to find scorch marks around some of the components I dont know the history of this board I assume this is a power surge problem!?
I connected it to 500w Gigatech atx, connected the cvd-rw, harddrive, floppy and power supply to the board itself. Switched on the power and no l.e.d s lit, the fan in the power supply started but the fan on the proccessor did not, there are no other fans in this box. On inspection of the board( after dissconecting from power) there seems to be no obvious signs of burnt out parts, none of the Solder has melted or scorched, the circuit board looks intact.
What is the best way forward here- test with multi meter perhaps, what else should I be looking for?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Asus cuv4x-c. mobo wont power up.

My guess is that you've had a power surge or lightning strike that has fried both the powersupply and the motherboard. This can also happen if you plug something into the board (e.g. a PCI card, or stick of RAM) while power is applied to it, as this may short it out. There don't necessarily have to be any visible scorch marks on the board for it to have been damaged by a surge, the powersupply took the brunt of it. Do you have insurance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cuv4x-c-mobo-wont-power-up.705700/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a pretty crappy mb Nvidia GeForce FX AGP with a dinky heatsink and no fan So I figured it was time for a replacement My friend just won playing GTR at a competition in Texas so he power ATI ASUS 9800pro 256Mb drain built a new system and eventually ended up giving me his old graphics card I replaced it rebooted downloaded the needed drivers and the catalyst program the following reboot i found that my case s side LED fan ATI ASUS 9800pro 256Mb power drain was flickering I ran Everest to make sure everything was in the norm and it wasn t My V and V leads were right on but for some reason my - V was around - V my - V was around - V and my V was down to about V If anyone ATI ASUS 9800pro 256Mb power drain could help with this diagnostic problem it would be great Maybe a new psu would help I m pretty convinced that W can handle what i ve got I ve already figured the usage with an online psu calculator and I m only pulling about W - a couple i guess I m running AMD Athlon x OC ed to Ghz Samsung Gb RPM Ultra ATA Western Digital Gb MSI K T MS MOBO with VIA chipsets Axio W single rail PSU and the ATI ASUS pro nbsp

A:ATI ASUS 9800pro 256Mb power drain

Sounds like you have a low quality PS. You can get a good Antec or Enermax for $40-60. This is a nice one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-asus-9800pro-256mb-power-drain.90709/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm trying to locate where I can download a schematic to show me how to connect the following on my Asus P3B-F mobo:

1. Power switch
2. Reset switch
3. HDD Led
4. Speaker
5. Power Led

Although it's marked on the mobo, it's not working out for me. I tried searching @ Asus website, no luck..

A:Asus P3B-F power switch jumper settings

should be in the manual, download here
http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P3B-F&Type=Latest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p3b-f-power-switch-jumper-settings.197755/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,
I've just brought an Nvidia Asus N7600GS AGP 256Mb card for my machine.

The Nvidia sentinel pops up periodicly and tells me that I need to attach a supplemental power supply to the card in order for the system not to be damaged and for it to work properly.
Can anybody give me an idea where to start, as this is my first major Graphics upgrade in 2 years, and one which it seems requires a little electrical knowhow.

Machine specs

E-machines 590/790
P4 2.66Ghz Cpu
1 GB Ram
Nvidia Asus N7600GS AGP 256Mb graphics card.
Power supply?

Thanks much

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone I've recently bought a Asus Zenbook UX VD wich it came with windows but i've upgraded it do Windows Pro and update the drivers in asus website but now i'm experiencing sometimes a annoying error that makes the pc turn off in a random way I figured out via windows logs that the error is Event Kernel Power Here's the details of the error - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D Asus Event UX32VD Kernel-power 41 B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Zenbook-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter Kernel-power Event 41 Asus UX32VD x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress PowerButtonTimestamp BootAppStatus This error doesen't pop up regularly it appeared to me times in weeks time and i suspect i might be caused by Asus P G Hybrid program but i'm not sure Can anyone help me with this Thanks in advance Sorry for the English it's not my native language

A:Kernel-power Event 41 Asus UX32VD

Hello,

Please take a look at the following thread and attach the requested logs.

This will hopefully provide valuable info to help diagnose your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/kernel-power-event-41-asus-ux32vd-678307.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an ASUS Essentio Series Desktop PC, Model CM5570, which has a partially broken on/off power switch. It belongs to my widowed sister and I am the family tech support person. It will power on with the front panel removed consistently, so there is nothing else wrong with the PC. I ordered a power switch/cable from ASUS Estore and they sent me one that will not work (does not have four wires). It was the only one I could find on the website. Does anyone know where I can find the part number for the cable and switch (they are one unit)? Finding the part on their website is futile. Is there any other place that I could order this cable from. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 44.72%

Just wondering how I would properly connect an Enermax
(EG365P-VE) power supply to an Asus A7V133 motherboard.

The present power supply I have is a generic brand.

I was wondering in particular how to connect the temp sensors on the motherboard. Reason for this is that the Enermax website shows there being a fan speed control knob on the back of the PS whereas mine does not have one of those.

Thanks

A:Enermax power supply and Asus A7V133

mikey751
You should have a connector labeled PWR_FAN at the very edge of the board near the ATX power connector close the the RAM DIMM slots. Here is a link for the manual.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/down...&l3_id=4&m_id=1&f_name=a7v133-105.pdf~zaqwedc

SeeYA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enermax-power-supply-and-asus-a7v133.106097/
Relevancy 44.72%

I know i have another recommendation thread but there are SLI DELUX Supply Power ASUS Recommendations for so many dual volt rail power supplys out there i really don t know what to choose from Here a couple I m looking at If you want to know Power Supply Recommendations for ASUS SLI DELUX my specs they are in my profile http www frozencpu com psu- html http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Obivously I m looking for a DVR one to replaced the single pin that came with my case It didn t take long for the mobo to make nothing out of it I had it for a year now atleast I may put another video card in there if i get serious about gaming but as of right now I m really eyeing adding mroe sata HDDs The mobo can hold up to I may add - more I don t want to spend to much on a power supply - is the range I m willing to spend So any other recommendations or do yall belive what I have already may be what I need nbsp

A:Power Supply Recommendations for ASUS SLI DELUX

Going on output rails only the third pick looks good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-recommendations-for-asus-sli-delux.484910/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi folks, having a problem here. I have the motherboard in the title and just yesterday after shutting down and replacing a fan, my computer will no longer turn on through the case power button. I thought it might be the case wiring that is shot, but I tried booting the system by doing the "screwdriver to the power pins" trick. I dont even get a reaction at all. I have taken all the parts off and put them back together, but still the same. So... did my motherboard randomly fry from just replacing a fan.. (maybe dust?) I'm not sure. I just need some assurance on if it is the motherboard so I can get a new one. I dont have any other computers at the moment to check the parts. Thanks guys, and please try to be swift.

A:Asus P7P55 Pro green light, no power

I always try another power supply first for this condition. The green led mean only that 5 volts is present. There are other voltages needed from the power supplies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p7p55-pro-green-light-no-power.176974/
Relevancy 44.72%

Help My daughters Sony P ghz HT Vaio desktop has always had problems - mainly motherboard related but recently one of her two screens starting intermittently blanking out for a second or so As it is now out of warranty I decided to try and salvage the good Intel boot but help - power up don't please Asus and motherboards bits Asus and Intel motherboards power up but don't boot - help please and put together a box that could last her for the next year or so So I took the following existing bits out of the Sony Vaio - Pentium cpu ghz hyper threading - gb of RAM x Kingmax mb DDR- and xProMOS mb DDR- - Sapphire Radeon Atlantis gb vid card - Hard drives and DVD drives - Dell lcd screens And added them to the following new components - Antec Sonata II case with Antec p s - Intel D PERL mobo - and when that didn t work see below - ASUS P P -E DELUXE Socket mobo - new gb hard drive Problem is Asus and Intel motherboards power up but don't boot - help please that on both the Intel and the ASUS mobo the PC powers up but nothing happens - the screen remains blank no sound is emitted e g no beeps under POST and nothing happens There is a momentary lighting of the lights on the keyboard connected by PS or whatever that old non-USB connector is called and the DVD drive will ight up and open close but no boot screen etc I did a quick search here and tried the following - none made any difference - swapped out the cpu for another older P I have in another Vaio - tried a total of different vid cards and verified that were working on other PC s - tried removing then replacing all the components - tried various combinations of memory and - removed all other non-essential components and disconnectednon-essential cables including IDE floppy etc Leaving only the following in an attempt to reach the initial boot screen the motherboard CPU RAM power supply and graphics card What am I missing Is there some kind of compatability issue with Sony VAIO P cpu s - am I screwing up in some other way I d really appreciate any guidance or pointers - I m dead frustrated right now Many Thanks - and happy new year nbsp

A:Asus and Intel motherboards power up but don't boot - help please

Remove the processor and check the pins - reseat properly.

Remove and reseat only the 2 x 256 meg sticks.

Reset the BIOS by jumper / removing battery.

Remove the vid card and try booting.

Post results here again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-and-intel-motherboards-power-up-but-dont-boot-help-please.40464/
Relevancy 44.72%

Just bought all new hardware for a gaming PC, The problem is when i switch my power supply on, the computer starts up and runs for about 3 seconds then shuts off. also if i reset the cmos in the back the computer will do the same thing again. note this is without me even pressing the power button the case. After the power off the start and reset button are still lit up and the red led's on the motherboard are still lit. I have also tried unplugging all hardware to the mobo just to see if it will boot up, not matter what hardware is connected it will still do the same thing.

MOBO: asus maximus v formula
CPU: I7-3770K
PSU: corsair hx750
RAM: g-skill ripjaws
Video below.
Problem with custom. - YouTube

A:Power Problem ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA V

That particular board has the main 24-pin ATX connection on the right hand side of the board, and an 8-pin AND a 4-pin connection at the top left/middle of the board. Are all of these connections seated fully? Some say you only have to plug in the 8-pin at the top, but you might need the 8-pin and 4-pin as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287584-power-problem-asus-maximus-formula-v.html
Relevancy 44.72%

bought a p5g41 c-mlx asus mobo yesterday. was wondering if there was a way to turn off power step. there is no option in the bios or drivers. anyone know anything about this? it's really annoying that my cpu keeps going down to 1.2 mhz even while i'm doing ****.

A:Turning power step off with Asus mobo?

if it is throttling down while under load, there is something else wrong. the throttle up/down is faster than you would be able to perceive. how is it you know its going down to 1.2Ghz while under load?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turning-power-step-off-with-asus-mobo.152881/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys this might be a long question so stick Power N56V(B) Issues Weird with ASUS with me I've had my ASUS N V crash once and I could recall a smell of something burning emanating from my laptop I know CPU core temps were below C as I always kept Weird Power Issues with ASUS N56V(B) a log of them When I plugged it back in it booted but idle core temps were around C Under load they would be over C I unfortunately didn't get to read the Volts my CPU was getting I totally forgot about that For the time I thought it was just the temperature sensor not working as cool air was exiting the fan I left that laptop alone for a few months I replaced the thermal paste on my CPU and GPU and temps dropped to C idle and C under load I was playing a game when my laptop crashed When I tried to turn it back on it refused to do so At that time my battery was out and my laptop was on AC I also recalled hearing a faint buzzing sound when I put my ear on the chassis When I put my battery in my PC it started up Core temps dropped back down to C idle and C under load A few minutes after boot my PC's screen would flicker and eventually the PC would crash It happened more quickly and the flickering was more violent when the CPU was under load Sometimes my laptop won't get past the Windows loading screen I sent my laptop to a repair center claiming to have repaired over laptops The repair costed me around They refused to tell me the problem with my laptop as the guy who repairs them just went on holiday My laptop worked fine but temps were around - C again After a few days my PC crashed again and the same burning smell could be smelled The laptop wouldn't boot without both the battery and AC connected the battery never charged it charged fine before all this happened and after the repair and the screen would flicker even in the BIOS or in Linux Even with the PC off the chassis heats up I thought this might be the VRM of my laptop or some caps blown but on visual inspection nothing was wrong Wow I wrote a lot Maybe it's too detailed Moderators feel free to delete parts of this post if it's too long Thanks Chippy

A:Weird Power Issues with ASUS N56V(B)

Well their not telling you what they did sounds really fishy to me. Have you tried to get a hold of them again and ask again? They can't be on vacation forever.

It sounds to me like your fan was not working correctly and some other items are now possibly fried due to the over heating. If the person did any work, I would be really shocked. Sounds a lot like you paid for something that wasn't done, but that is just the way it sounds to me.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3125329/weird-power-issues-asus-n56v.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Firstly I apologize in advance if I broke any rules or posted in wrong place I recently acquired this laptop from a friend and am trying to fix it The laptop was missing an HDD and ram so I put a GB SSHD and a GB mhz ram stick in it But it takes multiple presses to power on sometimes so BSOD ASUS and Help GPU, N76VZ-DS71 Power Button, much that I give up I already looked internally so it shouldn't be a hardware issue I noticed when it did turn on that the fan was on at power and that the GT M dedicated GPU was not detected But sometimes the GT M does get detected usually tries only when plugged in but when it does a BSOD happens It seems to happen when the GPU isnt working when I plug in VGA or HDMI and when I'm doing light tasks like surfing the web but rarely happens when its being used games ASUS N76VZ-DS71 Power Button, GPU, and BSOD Help furmark etc I do have to say ASUS N76VZ-DS71 Power Button, GPU, and BSOD Help that the ram I am using for it was designed for ASUS N76VZ-DS71 Power Button, GPU, and BSOD Help macs but I tested other ram too and it still didn't work and that the charger I'm using is a old sony one that I soldered a new tip on to so it fits in port but it works perfectly fine laptop V A charger V A I've tested both the latest nVidia drivers and ASUS's drivers both of which have the same BSOD dump which can be seen below Specs i - QM processor GB mhz Ram GB SSHD Windows Pro Intel HD GT M GB DDR vram BSOD Dump as follows Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Bitmap Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C Windows symbol cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C Windows symbol cache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre winblue r - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff db Debug session time Wed Mar UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F ffffe a ffffd eff ffffe ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for nvlddmkm sys - Probably caused by pci sys Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time Arguments Arg A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg ffffe a Physical Device Object of the stack Arg ffffd eff nt TRIAGE F POWER on Win and higher otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack Arg ffffe The blocked IRP Debugging Details ------------------ DRVPOWERSTATE SUBCODE IMAGE NAME pci sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d f d MODULE NAME pci FAULTING MODULE fffff d a pci DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x F PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre DPC STACK BASE FFFFD EFFDFB STACK TEXT ffffd eff fffff ae e f ffffe a ffffd eff nt KeBugCheckEx ffffd eff fffff ad e ffffe c d fffff d e a fffff b nt PopIrpWatchdogBugcheck xde ffffd eff fffff b ffffd eff ae nt PopIrpWatchdog x ffffd eff e fffff ea ffffd d ffffd d ffffd de c ffffe ce c nt KiRetireDpcList x f ffffd eff c ffffd eff ffffd eff nt KiIdleLoop x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID x F ACPI IMAGE pci sys BUCKET ID x F ACPI IMAGE pci sys ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x f acpi image pci sys FAILURE ID HASH ddeb - eb-ebdc-bd - da ffbd Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:ASUS N76VZ-DS71 Power Button, GPU, and BSOD Help

Moved to Bsod's, App Crashes and Hangs for further help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/asus-n76vz-ds71-power-button-gpu-and-bsod-help-970657.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone I wonder if someone might have fails (Asus MD9580-A on Medion L8400) power experience with the problem on this very old laptop It is the Medion badged version of ASUS L sold in Aldi stores Until recently it was used as a download machine but then Medion MD9580-A (Asus L8400) power on fails it Medion MD9580-A (Asus L8400) power on fails started giving BSOD during Win XP load As HDD was making strange noise I changed it with another G IDE drive I had spare The replacement HDD has WIN XP installed on it and worked OK in an IBM Thinkpad Following HDD replacement when I plug AC charger in the laptop the battery charging light comes on for about - seconds and then goes off Battery was dead before and I had always used it with AC adaptor Medion MD9580-A (Asus L8400) power on fails When I try to power on no indicator lights come on I have checked for all the connections and all seem to be ok as far as I can tell I had removed the keyboard and touchpad panel to access HDD System does not load POST or make any sound at all I just don t know what to do next or what to check Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks JKJUK nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/medion-md9580-a-asus-l8400-power-on-fails.862659/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a year-old Asus EeePC model Over the last two months or so it s been 1001: jack power EeePC Asus faulty more and more difficult to charge I ve had to jiggle the Asus EeePC 1001: faulty power jack cord in all directions for up to minutes in order for it to quot connect quot A few days ago it stopped responding altogether I bought an aftermarket AC adapter but the problem persists which leads me to believe the power supply jack is faulty There is no change after removing the battery either The Asus has been dropped a few times and has case damage to the back corner of the screen closest to the power jack A Asus EeePC 1001: faulty power jack few wires are visible and a piece of the exterior case is split This hasn t affected it s functionality and there is no visible damage to the bottom only to the back of the screen Where do I go from here Is there a DIY solution or an easy repair Or is there any other method of charging the machine other than through the power jack Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:Asus EeePC 1001: faulty power jack

There is no other method of charging the battery and the jack replacement is one of the most expensive laptop repairs to make, aside from being the most common type of laptop damage. If this laptop is not in warranty, the repair can easily rival the cost of another laptop like it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-eeepc-1001-faulty-power-jack.1001080/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just purchased a computer and am building it myself. Finished putting it all together yesterday, plugged it in, the LED on the Mobo turned on aswell as a blue LED on the case, however, when I go to turn the computer on...nothing. It won't even start a boot sequence, nothing. I know the mobo is getting power, and I know the pins are working as my blue LED is plugged in where the Power SW and the Reset SW plug in aswell. Need a little help, not sure if the Power SW is plugged in wrong or what, but I currently have it plugged in like so I:::I:::I from left to right starting with the HDD LED then the Power SW then the Reset SW. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm lost.

Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought an ASUS A N X-X mobo and installed it in my roommates computer It was power ASUS A7N8X-X mobo switch problems working fine the way i had it but once in awhile when you would press the power switch button on ASUS A7N8X-X mobo power switch problems the front the LED power would go for a second and stop then you would push again and it would be fine We then bought some new RAM for him Once I installed it I got a few beeps and no display Im sure that wasnt good It was not sure brand name but somewhat cheap MB PC DDR Mhz -pin x Now when i put my stick in there crucial MB PC DDR RAM which was in it before the upgrade and working fine when i press the power switch it always does the blink and power off It is really frustrating and i cannot find the source of this problem I messed with the wires that go to the mobo and everything looks correct according to the mobo manual Also wondering if it may be the power supply Its an Enermax W PS and he doesnt have much in the pc that would be taking power gt CD DVD drives HDD floppy video card sound card thats it Really aggravating would really appreciate some input thanks nbsp

A:ASUS A7N8X-X mobo power switch problems

Before upgrading hardware, always default BIOS to auto and maybe uninstall old drivers. Check mem settings there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-x-mobo-power-switch-problems.22135/
Relevancy 44.29%

COMPUTER SPECIFICATION
Chassis: Desktop PC
Motherboard: Asus P5GD1-VM (Pentium 4)
RAM: 512MB DDR
Graphics Card: 64MB
Power Supply: ATX

More Specification? Refer to this Link

PROBLEM
I've changed my motherboard into Asus P5GD1-VM. The connections were affixed by the technician. When I came home, I opened the computer and it worked fine. After occurring some problems, I undo all connections then reconnect it again. But when I finally open the computer, the system boots up, all powers and fans worked. After several minutes, like fifteen, the whole computer shut down also the power supply and the fans. Thank you very much in advanced!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5gd1-vm-mobo-loses-power-at-startup.1090160/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello

New Zenbook for me, but most probably he was somewhere for two years , with Intel i3, came with Win 8.0, then I upgraded to 8.1 and here it is : the problem.
Everytime he goes to sleep or hibernate or from today even shot down mode to alive, he needs app. 6 min and then blue screen with Driver ........ and reboot again and then he is working for that session.

I folowed some forums and did some upgrades from Intel webpage...., but with my little knoledge I can not solve problem.

Please check my DAMP files and advise, because I`m very happy with 8.1.

A:Driver power state failure Asus Zenbook UX 32

Hi AR1 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the ZIP File uploaded by you is empty. I would like you to re-run the Diagnostic Tool for atleast 15 minutes or till the time it says that it has finished.

Upload the freshly generated ZIP file so that it could be analysed ^_^.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55577-driver-power-state-failure-asus-zenbook-ux-32-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I switched a sus AZN266-vm.aa fron one case to another.

It was working before the switch but now it doesn't power up.

I am wondering if I have the power led, reset, and other switches properly configured but I cannot find a manual or diagram on the web. The little letters on the board are really hard to read.

Does anyone know where to download a manual. I couldn't find one on Asus for some reason.

Or any ideas. I reseated the mobo once already.

A:Asus azn266-vm/aa power up configuration-where to download manual

Look HERE

Select product(i.e motherboard) select socket(i.e socketA(462)) Select model(i.e A7n266-VM/AA) click search, then click on the manual tab.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-azn266-vm-aa-power-up-configuration-where-to-download-manual.44934/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've a 3 years old Asus laptop. Recently tried to power it on, but I realised that it isn't even receiving any electricity from the charger.

The orange LED which will light up when it is charging doesn't light up..

Screen is a full black screen when I power it on.. Nothing happens. Tried using Battery power, nothing happens too.

Could it be short circuit ? =/

Any opinions are welcome ~

EDIT :

To add on, before my laptop gave up on me, there's this message : " Reboot and Select the Proper Device or Media. " .

A:Asus laptop totally not receiving any power/ not booting.

You have to test the charger with a multi meter. The charger should tell you how much it`s supposed to put out on the label. Usually 19.9 volts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291989-asus-laptop-totally-not-receiving-any-power-not-booting.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I just built a new system less than months ago it is a Solved: cool issue? Power MB asus master asus mr a -m mother board a AMD Athlon II X Processer gigs ram running xp pro in a cool master scout mid sized tower with fans and a watt power Solved: asus MB cool master Power issue? supply No video card Added sound blaster card and wireless card Running DVD drives and hard drives HDs are gig and gigs ALso when left alone the thing has times tried to power up on its own No idea why its ghosting like that Problem I go to turn on the unit and the thing only partialy starts Some times I can get to windows some times I cannot Ive tried unplugging the unit and letting it sit for half an hour Ive checked all the power connections everything is tight as it should be No idea what is going on Any help Im down to my laptop now Onlly other opitions I have available is moving the MB and stuff to another case but I don t think that will solve it thanks nbsp

A:Solved: asus MB cool master Power issue?

I don't know what I did exactly, but the problem here appears to be solved, if only temporarily.

First, I couldn't find a damm thing about resetting the cmos. Only the cmos clock. So thats what I did. I disconnected power, moved the jumper from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3, and plugged in the power cord, turned on the computer for half a second, unplugged the power cord and let it sit for 15 mins.. Then I removed the jumper and put it back in its original setting over 1 and 2.

I also replaced the cmos battery, a 2032 flat battery.

After starting up the system, I had to run and set up the bios. seems to be working fine now.

However, it was my experiance in the last 12 hours, and my dissapointment, to find that many people are having this same issue with a lot of different ASUS mother boards.

I must conclude, therefore, that this will probbably be my first and last asus motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-mb-cool-master-power-issue.926472/
Relevancy 44.29%

I cannot find the power switch connecter on this mother board, it's not even listed in the manual, that I could find any way. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard Power Switch Connector?

Are you looking for the ASUS Q-Connector?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295260-asus-p8z77-m-motherboard-power-switch-connector.html
Relevancy 43.86%

For over 6 months I have had BSOD on sleep (including Auto-sleep) and Hibernate.
Sometimes after waking up from Sleep I can enter my Password before it crashes, other times just crashes.
Critical error logged is Event ID 41 Kernel Power.
I deleted all the ASUS Bloatware. Have intermittently tried to fix this problem.
PC is 2 years old.

All output from your SF Tool attached.

Please assist, thanks in advance.

A:BSOD on Sleep/Hibernate, ASUS G74S, Kernel Power 41

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa80c0000061, 1, fffff800034bfee5, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+34b7a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
iaStor
start end module name
fffff880`01232000 fffff880`01386000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Sat Nov 06 13:44:52 2010 (4CD50774)
CheckSum: 0007413F
ImageSize: 00154000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Follow these-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

------------------------
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------
Make scans with these tools - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
------------------------
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
------------------------
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306796-bsod-sleep-hibernate-asus-g74s-kernel-power-41-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

man oh man this is bugging me here what happend have the ASUS A V mobo lyin around put it in a ty old dell chasis and replaced the supply ASUS A7V135 wont w/ boot! power Antec power supply with an antec w i had ASUS A7V135 w/ Antec power supply wont boot! lyin around also hooked it up with other random scavenged parts HD CD ZIP and floppy put an old nvidia and sound card in the whole ASUS A7V135 w/ Antec power supply wont boot! thing booted up fine once or twice but now i get nothing when i plug it in i dont get it since the chasis panel is custom for whatever mobo this thing used it has its own panel controls that arent compatible with the ASUS so the only way i had been turning it on and off was with the power strip now when i turn it on it refuses to do anything as opposed to when i used to hear fans and HD s whirlin away what bugs me the most is that the green LED on the mobo is lit up when i plug it ASUS A7V135 w/ Antec power supply wont boot! in whats going onnnn nbsp

A:ASUS A7V135 w/ Antec power supply wont boot!

try booting the machine without any of the drives installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v135-w-antec-power-supply-wont-boot.30481/
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear WIn 7 Experts,
My Win 7 ultimate x 64 encounter the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

030512-14414-01.dmp 2012/3/5 PM 04:59:54
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`08add060 fffff800`05d873d8 fffffa80`084e2010 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\030512-14414-01.dmp 4 15 7601 320,841

I upload the minidump file as attachment.
Any suggestion or comments will be appreciated!!
Brs,
Eric Wang

A:BSOD while ASUS P43E stays in power save mode.

Hi and welcome to SF
Please follow these steps and upload here the crash\bsod minidump files.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218145-bsod-while-asus-p43e-stays-power-save-mode.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My brand new PC maybe around weeks old PC just shuts off randomly like week after This has happened twice since I ve bought it First time it turn off the monitor and mouse and keyboard none were working at all the keyboard lights were off but the pc was still running The fan turned super loud and I tried pressing the power button in and it wouldn t shut off So I left it alone for a couple mins and still no change had to take out the plug Second time was a couple minutes ago same thing monitor off keyboard off mouse off pc still on But this time no loud fan noise just the regular amount it makes I would really shuts Asus pc randomly New turn power doesnt off, off button enjoy some feedback on this Could it be a dust issue I New Asus randomly shuts off, power button doesnt turn pc off mean its brand new so It shouldn t be a problem I think Oh and both of the times I was playing a game first League of Legends second time Smite Operating System Windows bit System Model M BB Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon Hd graphics CPUs GHz RAM GB Monitor Dell E WFP Chip Type AMD Radeon HD D Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:New Asus randomly shuts off, power button doesnt turn pc off

Did you buy this PC from a store? If so, return it. If you built it yourself let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-randomly-shuts-off-power-button-doesnt-turn-pc-off.204704/
Relevancy 43.86%

Tonight my computer died RIP The power went out for about an hour and when it came back on my computer wouldnt post didnt beep but all the fans start up fine specs e - big typhoon p b x gb patriot ddr pc - bunch of seagate satas gs thermaltake w ths computer has been working great for about months and now tonight it doesnt work i m sort of perplexed as i ve got it on a surge protector not one with a connected devices warranty though I have tried pulling out cmos battery - i then used the reset jumper surge? beep P5B power boot, wont doesn't - ASUS as per the manual no dice i tried messing with the ram sticks nothing when i pull the sticks out the computer beeps it has a great beat to it but i digress I pulled the thing apart and rebuilt it no dice ASUS P5B wont boot, doesn't beep - power surge? I ve read around people have had the same symptoms but noone has really produced a solution I dont have any other ram cpu or mobo to test with which is too bad I hope it s not the ram cause it cost much more then the mobo any ideas or clues edit - the system used to double-post where it d turn n and off quickly when i started it up but now it doesnt do that it just spins up powers on but nothing happens Cheers nbsp

A:ASUS P5B wont boot, doesn't beep - power surge?

Go through this first:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53866.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5b-wont-boot-doesnt-beep-power-surge.82574/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I'm getting frequent random BSOD Power Driver State Failure on my ASUS G JM Laptop https asus com support Download RbVetG i It happens while plugged in and running off battery but more Laptop Failure ASUS State Driver Constant Power BSOD frequently on battery power It usually happens within minutes of powering on the laptop or waking it up from sleep hibernate It primarily happens after logging into windows but on rare occasion will blue screen prior I've updated drivers from Asus and chipset manufacturers websites intel rapid storage driver Intel MEI driver Intel INF driver Intel wifi and bluetooth drivers clean installed nvidia gtx m drivers I tried to update intel HD graphics drivers but got this error message Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected Your computer manufacturer customizes the drivers that run Intel components on your machine You might lose functions and cause other technical issues by installing the Intel drivers Windows updates are up-to-date and no virus or malware BlueScreenView finds a common suspected faulty driver in all the minidumps ntoskrnl exe e a e a e a Please help Thank You DM Log collector Tool LOST-Wed zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/75637-asus-laptop-constant-bsod-power-driver-state-failure.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Aggravating issue here Brand spanking new Asus G JM-DS here not Power BSOD: Randomly, G750JM Driver State New Failure Asus even weeks old BSOD with Driver State Power Failure on what I call random occurrence Only reason I'm not taking it back is because I'm now in Ireland instead of the States where I bought it already took back one the first day lol Bought it in store to make sure I had a good and ready laptop BEFORE I left for my trip instead of buying on the internet and having to ship back forth if there were issues of course there were knowing my luck hah Anyway Windows bunch of games installed sometimes it'll BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM happen in a game sometimes during a Skype call sometimes surfing the web or watching a video on my external harddrive sometimes I'll walk away and leave the browser open and I come back to it restarted for some reason Check the logs and sure enough it BSOD'd Happens once a day or every days now The only thing I can think that it always happens is when I'm connected to the internet wirelessly almost always Went a few days when I didn't have internet and it didn't crash I've Googled and BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM Googled for a few days trying to solve BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM on my own but it always comes back Just off the top of my bad memory I believe I've ran memory and hard drive checks updated the BIOS from to tried a bunch of drivers from Asus site some don't actually install for some reason like the network ones just make my CD drive beep and never opens and gone down the entire device list clicking quot check get driver updates quot and updated a couple of those Anyways wall of text really need someone else's brain for this Already contacted the store I bought it from but they're definitely not going to want to pay shipping from Ireland and US twice and neither am I since I bought the warranty and its still in the day period Here's the file you techies need I believe I did everything as instructed and hopefully followed all the rules Cheers and thanks ahead of time

A:BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM

i am currently having the same problem i just bought the computer a month ago. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but in the event log at the time of crash i get critical kernal-power error 41. i have tried going to my drivers to see if any have an exclamation point showing they are out of date but they all say up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47857-bsod-driver-state-power-failure-randomly-new-asus-g750jm.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I stripped an old chassis and am rebuilding around H97i-PLUSMOB (PSU is Solid Gear FLEX/Mini ITX 320W #SDGR-FLEX320 and CPU is i3-4160).
When MOB & PSU are connected, the MOB Standby Power LEDlights up. However, when 10-1 pin F_PANEL POWER BUTTON pins are shorted together, the MOB does NOT turnON.
Please suggest next steps to troubleshoot. Thanks.
saclarkdoc [EMAIL ADDRESS EDITED OUT]

A:Power Problem Building New Win10 System w/ ASUS H97i-PLUS Motherboard

Hello saclarkdoc, welcome to the forums. Could you please list the system specs of the machine.

Please fill out your System Specs
   Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

When you attempt to start it, do you get anything at all like fans starting, led lights? Are you sure you have the FP Connectors plugged onto the correct pins with the correct polarity? The power button shouldn't make any difference as to polarity. The obvious suggestion would be to make sure all power connectors (24 pin and the 4/8 pin CPU connection)are plugged into the proper connections, and completely seated. Believe it or not, 1/16th of an inch can make a huge difference. If you have a graphics card installed, check those connections also. Are you running a BIOS version of 2100 or above?

Failing all of that, I would disconnect the DVD/CD drive, all hard drives and remove any graphics card you may have installed in the machine, use 1 stick of ram, disconnect all FP wires except the power switch and try to start it. Also, check your manual and see that you have the ram completely seated in the recommended slots. Do you have a Motherboard speaker installed? Are you getting any beeps from it? Any further info you could give us would be helpful in diagnosing it.

Did you install the standoffs in the correct positions making sure there are no extras and ALL standoffs line up with a motherboard hole with no extra standoffs?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/56450-power-problem-building-new-win10-system-w-asus-h97i-plus-motherboard.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows Laptop Opened machine came out of sleep mode said it would restart and update in min let it do it This all happened June th Next thing I know it fails in the update Then it reboots giving me an error It gave me the opportunity to go into the BIOS setup press del for setup I don't remember it doing that normally Might be in fast boot and secure boot but not sure I changed the boot order saved and restarted the machine Now I get nothing on the screen at all HDD numlock lights flash once DVD drive spins for a sec fan runs can open and close dvd drive power light is on and that's it Is there any way to get back into the system legacy BIOS and override the UEFI What else would you suggest Resetting something CMOS I just want to get this running again Thanks Dave PS Someone suggested removing memory and putting it back in Would this help

A:ASUS K55A-HI5103D failing to boot into BIOS or Windows 8..... nothing but power

The following link is from the Asus website to restore you computer to factory settings: http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K55A&os=8&no=1775.

Hope this helps solve your issue. Do not know what else to suggest. The forum administrators may have some other suggestions.
Curtis W

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499711/asus-k55a-hi5103d-failing-to-boot-into-bios-or-windows-8-nothing-but-power/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys my name is karan . I just build my pc a couple of months back and while I'm playing a heavy game on it always restarts and show this error I dont know what to do pls guys help me my pc specs are -
amd fx 4100 3.6 ghz
asus m5a78l-m-lx v2 motherboard
4gb ram
amd radeon hd 6670 2 gb ddr3
500gb hdd
iball 400 watt psu (got free with my iball cabinet) , pls guys help me

A:Asus anti-surge is triggered to protect computer from unstable power supply

SURGE is normally associated with an increase in line voltage and that can be deadly to the PS and other components.

A DROP-OUT is when A/C voltage goes below minimum and this can effect the system too.

If power is poorly regulated (ie it fluctuates periodically), I would get a UPS to condition the power better. I have two: one for the computer equipment and another for my large LED tv.

You can get a cheap multi-meter to measure and monitor the voltage visually and then when you get the error, glance to confirm - - is it hi or low?

Personally, with only 400w PSU and your gaming environment, I would suspect you are stressing the PSU to its limit when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-anti-surge-is-triggered-to-protect-computer-from-unstable-power-supply.193977/
Relevancy 43%

Months and months ago my computer started having a problem with running graphic-intensive games such as FarCry and KotOR I did everything I could and couldn t find out what was wrong My computer would shut down and a message over says detects one running, and fan ASUS AIDA fans Chassis aren't Power Probe the speakers would say I was overclocking it I kind of passed it off ASUS Probe says Chassis and Power fans aren't running, AIDA detects one fan for a bit but today I installed ASUS Probe from the CD that came with my motherboard and under Monitor Summary both Power Fan and Chassis Fan were unchecked for monitoring When I checked them they have the message quot Fan below threshold quot When I checked the Fan Monitor apparently only the CPU fan is working http img imageshack us my php image asus ln jpg Now I have a fairly new system so I m pretty sure there should be fans there I had no problem with games when I first got it last december It only started about April or May I have a Intel Pentium GHz with a ASUS P AD Deluxe Wireless Edition motherboard I have MB of RAM and a ATI Radeon X Pro graphics card nbsp

A:ASUS Probe says Chassis and Power fans aren't running, AIDA detects one fan

it is possible that your fans are not conencted with the motherboard. to acertain whether there is a cooling problem, check your cpu and gpu temps. also, this problem could be caused by a failing PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-probe-says-chassis-and-power-fans-arent-running-aida-detects-one-fan.35220/
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently left my laptop alone for two weeks. Came back to use it and only the power button and keyboard light up for a few seconds before turning off. Have had the computer for little over a year, with no problems until now. Have tried several methods mentioned in previous post, to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19765216
Relevancy 40.42%

I am looking for a new ultrabook for work. I am leaning towards the $2700 surface book with the discrete gpu and 16 gigs of ram. Anyone have a recommendation for any other laptops that fit in this category? Minimum 16 gigs ram and a descent gpu needed and would prefer 6th gen core i7.
Thanks!

A:ultrabook recommendation?

The surface book is pretty much it with the specs you want. No other ultrabook offers the ram and the GPU at that form factor
Also... what is your definition of ultrabook... Technically the Surfacebook isn't an ultrabook either.
You can get touchscreen Dell Inspirons with those specs but you'd have to go up to 15''

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/390798-ultrabook-recommendation.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I just purchased Dell inspiron 14 running windows 8. I have hp 6310 all in one printer. The computer does not recognize the printer. I had a similar problem with an iomega removable hard drive. Dell technical support told me that this PC has USB 3.0 ports and older USB devices cannot be recognized by these ports. Is this correct? If so, is there any device available (e.g. a small cable with USB 3. plug at one end and USB 2.0 socket at the other end ) that would enable the printer and iomega usable with with this laptop ?

I shall appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you.

Preet

A:Inspiron 14 ultrabook

What Dell told you is not true. USB 2.0 devices work on USB 3.0 ports. If you have multiple USB devices that are not recognized by this computer, then the computer is probably defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-14-ultrabook.1081180/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I need to increase the SSD of my internal hard drive.  I need a 5mm-height SSD , would you recommend one? (I have been looking for one online and ask in a couple of stores, but I cannot find one yet).Thanks a lot!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Increasing-SSD-in-ultrabook/td-p/5802042
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi All I am looking for a light thin small ultrabook that would allow me to work outside home whenever possible At this point I m using a desktop PC but would like to migrate toward a laptop ultrabook Ultrabook for a developer I am still Ultrabook for a developer planning to use the displays I have while working at home I am about to buy the ultrabook together with a Ultrabook for a developer docking station The main factors I am interested in are - gt hardware - SSD is a must be - GB RAM is a minimum GB is optimal but for sure I would like to have a possibility to extend that to - gb - CPU - i at minimum - thinking about i is it worth - unfortunately in most of ultrabooks there are xxxxU CPUs which are not upgradable I was looking at xxxxM but they seem to be more power conuming - I would be grateful for your opinion about this as well - matt display is a must be I would like to be able to work in the garden - battery - as Ultrabook for a developer durable and long lasting as possible - resolution - I was looking at x - I assume it is less power consuming than x but at this point I m more into the x as it will make the work easier IDE etc - are there anyone who disagrees - price - not more than I think that s all for the introduction Now the options I gathered so far unfortunately I do not even have an option to compare them visually Toshiba Portege Z -A- L Core i U Full HD SSD Intel HD x x at kg pros seems to have the longest standing battery there is an option to buy it with i U in case it is not worth to spend additional money overall hardware config seems to be ok RAM extendable to gb small thin light cons - no option to upgrade CPU in the future Toshiba Portege R -A- B Core i M Full HD SSD Intel HD DVD x x at kg pros DVD can be replaced with additional HDD upgradable CPU cons - slightly bigger than Z Lenovo ThinkPad T s Core i U HD SSD Intel HD x x at kg pros warranty is years compared to year in Toshiba thinner than R cons - more expensive for similar hardware than Toshiba that s why I put the i option as i is too expensive - bigger than R width other differences lower resolution bigger display Unfortunately it is difficult to compare the batteries I would really appreciate your help suggestions oppitions Regards Piotr nbsp

A:Ultrabook for a developer

Lenovo ThinkPad T440s

I'd recommend the Lenovo Helix, but it's over your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultrabook-for-a-developer.207773/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone, i am really confused what to buy from laptop or ultrabook.

I want which can run 24x7 but gives best performance. must have good battery life.

So anyone can suggest me any good model from these two.

I trust acer, lenovo and samsung so it will be good if you can suggest me any model from this 3 companies.

Thanks

And sorry if i have opened the thread in wrong section.

A:What to buy laptop or ultrabook?

I think the choice between ultrabook and laptop will depend on how you're going to use the computer and what your price range is. Ultras are definitely gonna cost more. Probably more than $700 for the basic models going up to about $1,200 or more. A decent laptop can be had for about $400.

Then there's size and weight. If you're going to carry it around all day the ultras will be much lighter. But do you want to watch an occasional movie or play a game? The ultras don't have optical drives and they've got really, REALLY small screens. So take a look at this article and see how many check marks you can give to the ultras and how many check marks you can give to the laptops. The one with the most check marks wins.

Ultrabooks vs regular laptops/notebooks: similarities and differences

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237337-what-buy-laptop-ultrabook.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Want to buy a new ultra-book. want screen not less than 15.6". plus dedicated graphic card and good battery life. i7 processor and min 8gb ram

A:Which is the best ultrabook by the date?

I would wait for Haswell which is going to be released in 2 weeks. Haswell will improve battery life significantly and improve graphics performance. Make sure the i7 is a quad core when purchasing (sometimes manufacturers disable 2 cores). 8GB of RAM is becoming the norm lately. As for a dedicated graphics card, you will not find any ultrabooks with a dedicated GPU (if it has one, it is most likely weak). I recently helped someone else with the same issue and came up short. The faster the GPU gets, the less battery life you receive Keep that in mind. What games will you be playing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-ultrabook-by-the-date.192588/
Relevancy 40.42%

So I want an ultrabook because it seemed like it d be the best for my needs - Easily portable and fits good enough on those clownishly small college desks - I think an i processor would be best hopefully it ll help Ultrabook: purchasing stay cooler than an i - Fast with SSDs and capable processors - Can use most programs HD video streaming music streaming word processing web browsing programming and statistical analysis software - Gaming is definitely not a priority I have a desktop for that - Has a good resolution I d prefer over the standard x since the screen will be small - Good battery life of course over hrs would be fantastic The only thing is that I m having Ultrabook: purchasing help a really hard time figuring out which one I should get I think there are nd generation ultrabooks with the ivy bridge processors coming out soon but I don t know when or if I should even wait I of course want it to be future proof but I also want it to be under or so Right now I have seen great reviews for the Portege Z and Asus Zenbook UX The Asus seems to be a solid choice except it looks like its trackpad sucks which is a major problem The Portege seems alright but its screen isn t that great I also definitely don t want an Apple product they just don t work well for me and are usually too overpriced for their hardware So I guess Are my needs listed above reasonable expectations for an ultrabook Would an i work for the programs I need Does an i i processor affect the heat or battery life compared to an i Should I buy an ultrabook now or wait till the next round starts coming out about when are they coming out Any suggestions on which ultrabook currently out or upcoming that I should look into Is a GB SSD enough space to hold all my programs and files without an external hard drive nbsp

A:Ultrabook: purchasing help

If your budget can up to $1200, why not choose the latest Zenbook UX31A, it's the 2nd zenbook, and the price is under around 1100$.

Zenbook UX31A has improve their trackpad issue, I just find Samsung Series 9 also is a great choice, you can see the comparison, it has a similar specs with UX31A. but more thinner and little expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultrabook-purchasing-help.182682/
Relevancy 40.42%

Iastor.sys BSOD had been appearing now and then for the past 3 years. Now I m locked out of my laptop. I tried installing windows 10 from win7. The installation completed but this BSOD does not let me boot in to it.
Normal booting takes me to win 10 and then results in BSOD
Last known config that worked takes windows 7 and then results in BSOD.
None of the other booting options seem to work.
Ran the diagnostics but no problem was detected
Tried multiple times to boot. Dint work. Now diagnostics shows a problem with hard drive 0. Code 0142 validation 68569. But it was OK some time back and dint show any error.
I also noted that ultrabook is heating up very quickly after I tried to install windows 7
1. How do I solve this issue?
2. How do I get my files back? - I have a 1 tb USB ready to take a back up
Thanks in advance for your time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19962334
Relevancy 39.99%

I purchased this ultrabook year 2014 and it worked really well until one day, right after the warranty expired!!!
I brought it to the technician but the only solution they have is to change the motherboard. OK, after less than 2 years its motherboard is already bad. Is that possible? What could be wrong? My old laptop worked for almost 6 years, and this dell ultrabook is just less than 2 years. Too disappointed!!!  I spent so much money for nothing.

A:Too disappointed with my dell 14z ultrabook

The mainboard is newer notebooks is basically everything inside the system - CPU, GPU, i/O chips -- even in some cases the memory for the system.  They can and do fail for any of a host of reasons.  Unfortunately, as more and more parts are now integrated onto mainboards, the chances for failure increase, as does the cost of repair.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683543
Relevancy 39.99%

What is the best bang for the buck laptop/ultrabook with 10-12 inch screen?

I have an Asus T100 which is awesome but lacks processing power and RAM.

Looking to upgrade to something with more power, HDMI out with very
portable form factor.

Any recommendations?

A:Best Value - Laptop Ultrabook 10-12in

I'd go with an ASUS Zenbook UX303LN. It's a 13 incher, but it's the only ultrabook I know with a discrete graphics card.

Otherwise look for something that runs 5th gen intel graphics.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/best-value-laptop-ultrabook-10-12in-276080/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys nbsp nbsp I hope you can help please I have an HP Ultrabook Sleekbook -b sa running Windows And now I have two big problems nbsp nbsp My inbuilt keyboard recently stopped working so I tried a system restore which then froze I was able to log on using the onscreen keyboard It's still not working nbsp My second problems is that now a few times turning off and on means I now can't access my password protected account which contains all my Word files but days' worth of iTunes which I ripped really recently and took forever When I try to log in I get the message 'Preparing Windows' and then 'We can't sign in to your account' and nbsp instead a temporary account is opened for me nbsp With regards Ultrabook keyboard log plus HP not working Can't in to to the keyboard issue I've done the removing Can't log in to HP Ultrabook plus keyboard not working the battery trick with no luck nbsp I've also tried to update the drivers and am informed I have the latest versions I've also deleted them and rebooted No luck The driver has the yellow triangle with the exclamation point next to it so something must be wrong nbsp When I try to system restore I'm told that I first need to uninstall a previous restore which I aborted today But when I do that it just stops responding I've also tried doing all of this in safe mode nbsp i really don't want to do a factory reset as I'll lose everything nbsp Can anyone please help Fingers crossed and thanks nbsp Peter nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-log-in-to-HP-Ultrabook-plus-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5850549
Relevancy 39.99%

Does someone know if I am able to use my mini display port simultaneously with the HDMI port.  I am trying to find a way to make a 3 monitor setup (2 external + laptop display). 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681516
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi

My year old XPS 13 Ultrabook's battery is not charging when plugged in. I measured the voltage of the power adaptor at the plug (the end that connects to the Ultrabook) and the voltage level seem fine at 19.4V

However when I plug and unplug the power when the Ultrabook is off, the LED turns on and off accordingly.

My Ultrabook is L321x, running Windows 7, and has BIOS A7 installed.

Does anyone have the same issue, and is there anything I can do to check what wrong?

Thanks for any help
Ka

A:XPS 13 Ultrabook battery not charging

Hi kc.yyz,
I would suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:

Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer
Then remove the adapter and the battery
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds
Reconnect the battery and the adapter

Check the status of AC adapter in BIOS, follow the steps below:

Restart or turn on your computer
As soon as the Dell™ logo appears, tap <F2> until the message Entering Setup appears
‘AC Adapter’ will be listed under the Main tab, and it should be 45 Watt

If the AC Adapter is determined in BIOS, you can update the system BIOS to A08. You may download and install the latest BIOS from the link below:
http://dell.to/11hjGTf
Also, you can check the battery health from the ‘Dell Battery Meter’. The Battery Meter is used to check the status, life and health of the battery. To launch the Battery Meter:

Click ‘Start’
Click ‘Control Panel’
Click ‘Power Options’ under ‘Hardware and Sound’
Click ‘Dell Battery Meter’

The battery status on this system can also be found using the LEDs, which are located on the right of the system. Press the button located near the LEDs to check the battery charge. Each glowing LED represents 20% of battery charge.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any other questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19497793
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, i have one question about the Lenovo Helix 2 with the ultrabook keyboard.Everytime i fully charged the Tablet and the keyboard and then disconnect the ac adapter, i hear a high noise from the keyboard. It's near the tablet connector.Is this normal? On all my previous tablets and laptops there wasn't any of those noises. 

A:Noise from the ultrabook keyboard

Same problem here, my model is 20CG0021US, a ThinkPad Helix 2nd gen. The noise is just a little too frustrating if you are in a quiet environment!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Noise-from-the-ultrabook-keyboard/td-p/2126006
Relevancy 39.99%

I was just playing a game which I doubt is optimized correctly but I ran into a BsoD just now.
Not sure how to address the issue myself since I don't know how to open a dmp file but here goes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 10d
BCP1: 000000000000000A
BCP2: FFFFF80000B9C970
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFA8007463E40
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080913-22651-01.dmp
C:\Users\Vegas\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-71682-0.sysdata.xml

I was not able to grab CPU-Z or MSINFO32,
the link was a misdirect and the msinfo32 always led to some sort of crash with sfdiagnostic tools.

A:First BSOD on Ultrabook Laptop W7

Code:
BugCheck 10D, {a, fffff80000b9c970, 0, fffffa8007463e40}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kbdsim.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kbdsim.sys
Probably caused by : kbdsim.sys ( kbdsim+19df )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, Memory
This bugcheck indicates that a fatal error occurred within the driver, whilst processing a IRP which was queued.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm kbdsim
start end module name
fffff880`01636000 fffff880`01643000 kbdsim T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: kbdsim.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\kbdsim.sys
Image name: kbdsim.sys
Timestamp: Mon May 16 21:16:57 2011 (4DD18639)
CheckSum: 0000FEA9
ImageSize: 0000D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I'm unsure what the driver is related to, please upload the MSINFO32 file, so I check which program it belongs to:Start
Type: msinfo32
File, Save
Place the file into a zipped folder
Upload in your next post - Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300565-first-bsod-ultrabook-laptop-w7.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Rear left corner of keyboard separating. Is there a fix or replacement. All my HP computers and never had  any hardware issues before. No loose screw visible.

A:split x2 ultrabook keyboard

Hi there. Welcome to HP Support forums.  Seems like a hardware issue. I recommend you to contact phone support for warranty related services. Please follow the below link to reach phone support. http://hp.care/2bjG4nE Resolv_SGlad to help you. I work for HPPlease click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos Thumbs Up" to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/split-x2-ultrabook-keyboard/td-p/5760706
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi
I bought an HP pavilion Ultrabook b109ex. HP support person at shop told me that it has SSD. I can't see in my settings. I am attaching a snap shot of my device manager. Can people someone tell me about it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20339-hp-pavilion-ultrabook-b109ex.html