Windows Support Forum

Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

Q: Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

I am using Tenda wifi router. It has a problem, it is that it need configuration every time when I start my laptop or connecting with any mobile device. What is the problem with that?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Tenda wifi router need configuration every time

The Tenda wifi router's internal battery may be dead

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-wifi-router-need-configuration-every-time.204507/
Relevancy 91.16%

i have wimax usb modem and tenda wifi router with rj45 ports. how do i connect them, please im not so good at computer so i will request step by step procedure. i dont want to buy a new modem.

Relevancy 70.95%

So I tried making my Tenda router work under DHCP today and I couldn't get it to do so.

I decided to get the firmware from the official site, and I upgraded it.

Since then, I can't even see the router in my wireless connections or acces the configuration page.

I tried uplugging it, resetnig it, etc. Nothing works.

Any help you fellas can give me?

Thank you!

A:Tenda W316 router not working

Well; usually; unplugging it to reset it should reset it and enable you to access the configuration page. If it doesnt; it sounds like there might be some sort of internal hardware issue with the router. Have you also tried resetting the modem as well to make sure both have a "clean" connection? If not i would try resetting the modem if your modem is separate from your router. Give this a shot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348276-tenda-w316-router-not-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi All,

I am having a issue with my new router (Tenda W150D Router), its not giving me access for uploading any files through wi fi on my iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive), even I tried the same with vlc upload feature in iphone still it doesnt work......

I think the issue is with the firewall in the router which I cannot access normally from the router setup...

guys pls help.. any comments are welcome

A:Tenda W150D Router Issue

Hmm; accessing a website is an outbound action thru the firewall on port 80.
A site with file uploading uses the same port 80 as normally used for surfing the web.

We need more data to analyze the problem
?What URL are you accessing for the upload?

from this "iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive)", I assume the data moves this way:
ISP==router -- wifi to your 5S: using an app called Wireless Drive​?can you confirm this please?

?are you sure you're accessing the router and NOT attempting upload via the cellular connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-w150d-router-issue.201199/
Relevancy 69.66%

I bought a new Tenda Adsl2 Router
when I connect it to My pc or laptop it shows error
"Limited or no Connectivity"
I repair it by windows but still same problem.
I can't access 192.168.1.1
please help me to connect

A:Tenda Adsl2 Router W150D connection Problem

Is that a wired connection? Try this before attempting WiFi . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-adsl2-router-w150d-connection-problem.205287/
Relevancy 69.66%

Win system Am having problems connecting a Tenda W R router to the internet It HAS worked before some time ago but there were some kind of password problems amp I switched to an inferior Netgear router supplied by Virgin Now I need the n connectivity My computer browser DOES connect to the router And a setup disk also connects After using the setup wizard wh identifies a Static connection and entering all the settings see below I Apply and Reboot the router from Problem W302R router connecting to internet Tenda the wizard The computer then tries to identify the router wh it classifies as Network a work network but fails I switch the two WAN LAN cables back Problem connecting Tenda W302R router to internet to my netgear router - amp the computer instantly recognises that router Any ideas how I can rectify the situation Thanks for any help Settings n b each time I run ipconfig all I get slightly different settings addresses - amp sometimes sometimes DNS Servers IP address Subnet Default Gateway DNS Servers nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Tenda router can not accept 10.1.62.xxx ip address for port forwarding that has LAN 192.168.0.xxx?

Error Message:

The private ip and lan ip must be on the same subnet tenda router
Regard Stuckfree.
Thanks.

A:Tenda router can not accept 10.1.62.xxx ip address for port forwarding that has LAN 1

Originally Posted by Stuckfree

Tenda router can not accept 10.1.62.xxx ip address for port forwarding that has LAN 192.168.0.xxx?

Error Message:

The private ip and lan ip must be on the same subnet tenda router
Regard Stuckfree.
Thanks.

Please give some respond if someone knows how to configure different network ip addresses for port forwarding that a router LAN network start with 192.168.xxx.xxx

Thaanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302504-tenda-router-can-not-accept-10-1-62-xxx-ip-address-port-forwarding-has-lan-1-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Everyone I just wanna ask for some help regarding configuration of a vpn firewall router that is connected to a g modem router combo I am new in setting up a vpn and not so much familiar with others things or what setup is necessary kindly help the poor guy please This is what I need - I need to connect the VPN FIREWALL router and use its features at the same time connected to the internet the VPN FIREWALL will act as the security for the whole network and the G modem router will be the one supplying the internet - Need to establish a VPN connection later after the configuration - The server and other lan pc s must be accessible outside the local network when connected to VPN web server local pc s shared folder and files etc Here s some details that i hope might help - I am using a Quanta K G LTE modem router combo - modem/router to combo firewall vpn HELP! router configuration 4g I am using a Dynamic public IP address but this is HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration not a problem because i am using s DDNS HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration - My VPN FIREWALL brand model is Micronet SP B VPN FIREWALL router - Right now i am already connected to the internet using the vpn firewall physical connection is G modem router-- gt hub-- gt VPN firewall router-- gt PC my connection is G LAN -- gt VPN WAN set the connection type to Dynamic IP -The remote connection and remote access web HELP! 4g modem/router combo to vpn firewall router configuration server ftp RDP is working fine on the G modem router alone I attached some screenshots of the VPN firewall router Looking forward to hear from you guys Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 52.03%

I have had this hp laptop for about weeks I have had no problems with it the whole time other than having to get rid of the java application that was doing screwy stuff But I just recently moved to a different city and now anytime I try to use wifi it has a mind of its own Sometimes it will say that wifi configuration I have a limited connection and when I try to troubleshoot the problem it will reset wifi and then come up saying that wifi doesn t have a wifi configuration valid ip configuration What is up wifi configuration with this I have restored my computer to its factory settings I have also gone through and tried the repair option on my wifi Every so often there are no problems at all then some times I get limited I have only tried to connect on two other wifi wifi configuration networks since I have moved though maybe that is the problem I called HP and they told me that they think it is a Trojan virus and that I would have to get their year service plan to get their aid which will cost me I cannot afford that I am not computer illiterate so then my question is if it is a Trojan how do I get rid of it without having to download anything else If not a Trojan then HELP LOL nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help me set up the wireless configuration so that I can get the best possible download speed, etc. ?

Configuration from here for example:
And any other configurations,tweaks, etc. would be much appreciated.

A:Best Configuration (WiFi)

What speed internet access are you supposed to be getting? What do you get with a test such as Speedtest.net with an ethernet connection? With a wireless connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-configuration-wifi.1057222/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have posted this but no one has even viewed it as the title wasn't very good.

Anyway, i have 2 wifi routers, one in the lounge that is on internet, one in my room that is not.

i want them both to be able to supply internet.

the one in my room will just be used to ethernet internet into my PS3.

alternative is that i use the wifi on my laptop then ethernet my laptop to PS3, is this possible?

Relevancy 51.6%

I ran a system restore as my Acer computer was acting a bit strange. When it rebooted I could nolonger access internet. Tried numerous thing ie, safe mode.malwarebyte but scan incomplete because I can't get online for update. Computer repair says I have a virus. Wifi works fine on all my other devices. Please Help

A:No valid IP configuration for Wifi

Before System Restore, how was your computer acting strange? Did you see pop-ups or was it slow?
FYI, it's possible to undo the changes System Restore has made, but before that, let's check some network issues.
Can you ping 127.0.0.1 and 8.8.8.8 and google.com ?

Press the Windows Button and R simultaneously.
A small window called "Run" will appear, typ in cmd
A new window will open, here you can use the Ping command. (ping [IP-Address or Hostname])

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610243/no-valid-ip-configuration-for-wifi/
Relevancy 51.6%

hello everyone i am using internet through a wireless wired connection which means on roof top i have got a wifi antenna and from there a wire is connected to my laptop
well my query is that i stay near to my college which grants us acess to free internet but my laptop wifi or any other usb adapter is not capable of catching that wifi signal so i wanted to know is there any way that i can configure my wifi antenna to catch my college signal if no please help in getting a way so that i can connect through my college wifi signal as my college wifi gives great speed and the plan i am subscribed to is like shit i pay for 1mbps plan but i get max downloading speed upto 150kbps
please help

A:Wifi antenna configuration

Hello,

Does your Wi-Fi antenna have higher dBi which is also called high gain antenna? Anything higher than 7dBi might be doable and possibly you may get a great signal from your college Wi-Fi network. I'm sure that it's detachable or removable so that you may upgrade it to a higher dBi, please check this out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238208-wifi-antenna-configuration.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am not sure how I repair this problem but every few day my internet access stops working on a windows 8 platform. when I run diognostics it says WiFi does not have a valid IP Configuration. I am sendding this on a different computer using the same network so I know it is not a problem with our network or router. other computers on windows 7 are not having a problem including this one

A:wifi does not have a valid ip configuration

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show for a good connection and for the problem condition ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1096425/
Relevancy 51.17%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 50.74%

Background I was a happy user of Windows I did the upgrade to Windows and the internet connection seemed to work fine for two days Then a couple days ago Windows did the usual software updates after which I shut down my computer Next time I opened it up yesterday it would not connect to the internet no matter what I am computer savvy so tried all the valid have does not 8 Windows configuration a Wifi IP usual suspects but to no avail I used the troubleshooting tool which came up with quot WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration quot Please don't tell me to turn off on the router Tried that and it doesn't work Windows 8 Wifi does not have a valid IP configuration The microsoft forums have been mostly useless as well I've also tried the following from the command prompt run as admin netsh winsock reset catalog reset winsock entries netsh int ip reset reset log hit reset TCP IP stack quot Then rebooted and still no luck I'm inclined to think this may be a compatibility issue perhaps the drivers I have a Toshiba Satellite P The bottom line is that my computer is now a useless brick and it's costing me money by not being able to get online for my work Below is my ipconfig all information I am hopeful that someone may have useful information to solve this problem once and for all My only other option is to revert back to Windows which actually does work and avoid Windows until it becomes a relatively bug free and viable OS Thanks for your help ipconfig all details below Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WRS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -DE- B- E- D-FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - B- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DE- B- E- D-FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b da b beff d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - - -DE- B- E- D-FF DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA C C-ECE - AE-B -C FB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt

A:Windows 8 Wifi does not have a valid IP configuration

Since we're talking about wifi (wireless networking) I suspect you have a laptop. What I'm thinking is that the driver windows 8 has given you is not happy with your wireless card. More than 1 users suffer from this. Try updating the driver. Though not by the standard way of updating, since its just gonna say it already had the most updated one.
If you have another laptop/computer avaliable, Search for the driver on that one. Remove the previous driver and install a new one. I hope this will work for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-wifi-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-680127.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am on Windows 8. My Lenovo laptop constantly has a "Limited Connection" when trying to connect to internet. Other computers/devices connect fine to this network.

I ran the built in diagnostic and get "Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration - Not Fixed"

I've tried ipconfig /release => no errors
then...... ipconfig /renew => and I get "...unable to contact DHCP server.."

I then tried resetting TCP/IP
`netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt` =>
resetting interface, ok!
resetting neighbor, ok!
resetting path, ok!
resetting , failed.
access is denied

What should I try next?
Please Help!

A:Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration.1105546/
Relevancy 50.74%

sir i have the same problem,i used to connect to my collage wifi , which is powered by sonicwall for the past 1 year,but i can t able to connect it anymore from my room.... i use TP link wifi routerTL-WN7200ND...my singnals are good in my room buy it not connecting,sayin unidentified network...i tried formating c dive and re installed OS and all, i tried even windows 7,but my problem is not solved,i have huge head ache with this for the past two days,,plsssss help me....
i tried ipconfig cmd command and many, but none of them worked for me.........
i forgot tell something,i can connecto the proxy from a 10 rooms after my room,with the same singnal strength......
but not from my room....

A:wifi does not have valid ip configuration in windows 8

this if from my friends room

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31500-wifi-does-not-have-valid-ip-configuration-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My wife has just bought a new HP laptop with Vista SP so I m learning the hard way how to set it up for her I have a problem with the WiFi configuration My router wireless is set NOT to broadcast its SSID and has WPA encryption set with a long ish PSK string The laptop sees the unidentified wireless access point and I can enter the SSID and PSK string manually and connect configuration VISTA problem in WiFi SP1 to it OK - but obviously this has to be done every time I login Following the WiFi configuration problem in VISTA SP1 info in Vista Help I have used the manually configure a wireless connection WiFi configuration problem in VISTA SP1 option to create an entry for my SSID - let s call it HOME This is set to connect automatically This connects OK when first created and I can disconnect reconnect within that login session but whenever the laptop is re-booted the details seem to be lost When I log back in I can find no entry for HOME Attempting to connect to the wireless access point requires me to enter all the details again However if I try to create HOME again manually Vista then says that I have a HOME already and creates a HOME instead Once I finally connect then suddenly the details for both HOME and HOME appear on the list So why does Vista not connect to HOME automatically if it apparently knows about it Am I missing something along the way Any advice welcome please nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

After much thought I recently did a fresh install of my OS everything was working before just wanted a fresh start.
Since I did the fresh install I'm getting wifi doesn't have a valid up configuration and for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.
This is on a desktop and I can't use a wired connection also I have tried resetting the router. And refreshing windows 8 again. Mind boggled.

A:Wifi doesn't have a valid up configuration

Originally Posted by Russee89

After much thought I recently did a fresh install of my OS everything was working before just wanted a fresh start.
Since I did the fresh install I'm getting wifi doesn't have a valid up configuration and for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.
This is on a desktop and I can't use a wired connection also I have tried resetting the router. And refreshing windows 8 again. Mind boggled.

It's likely that your machine with the new installation requires a visit to the Windows Update Center in order to install the latest updates which will most likely fix the wireless connection problem.

You really need to connect the first time using a wired connection so as to obtain the updates from Windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30969-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-up-configuration.html
Relevancy 50.74%

After updating windows last night I woke up with this error I've googled and tried netsh commands but it didn't work Any help would be appriciated Also tried updating drivers did not work using the ipconfig release causes no operation can be performed error My ipconfig all if anybody needs it Windows IP Configuration Host Name Oracle Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No doesnt configuration a Wifi valid have IP WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address F -CA-B - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E-B -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer Wireless-n a ac Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C-B -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration fe be f df ced Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-B - A- A- C-B -D - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C-B -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D CC F - F- AD- - C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69669-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I was wondering if it was possible to have specific IP configurations for Wifi networks.

For example, when I connect to network "wifi1" I get automatically DHCP address, and when I connect to "wifi2" I get static IP which I defined before.

Is it possible? Really would make my life easier

A:Specific IP configuration for WiFi networks

I use netsetman.

NetSetMan - Network Settings Manager | LAN & WLAN | Freeware & Pro

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157037-specific-ip-configuration-wifi-networks.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I am a bit of a hard time with routers on one network IP + dynamic Issues = with ADSL Wifi Router Router and unfortunately as things stand now they both have to be there So I just got ADSL and the only modem option available to me was one with a -port wired router I hooked that up into my existing network of about computers laptops and desktops which Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP is connected by another -port WiFi router I started out with my only Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP goal of hooking of these computers to the internet after I got the DSL by some MAC filtering configured in the WiFi router But having the DSL modem router has created another issue I am using separate IP gateways for both the routers which are in the same subset I can connect to both of them from all my machines The problem is I don t have any control over which computer connects to what router I am trying to avoid setting each PC up with a static IP that needs internet access Here is my setup in more detail My ADSL router is and my WiFi router is and both have the subnet My ADSL connection has dynamic IP and the modem router is connected into a LAN port on the WiFi router I have tried disabling DHCP on the modem router and changed my WiFi router IP to that of the modem which was counter productive to no avail Someone mentioned MAC address cloning but I am not sure if it will work in this setup Since I configured this I am seeing quite a few IP conflicts which are probably my fault as I didn t check when I was setting up static IP on computers that needed internet access I just want these routers to work in harmony if possible Can I just use one of them as a DHCP server I do not want to use static IP for any computer whether or not it connects to the internet Right now I am using it for computers that want access to the internet by guiding them to right gateway and the computers that need not be connected just have auto IP configured I would rather use MAC filters for this I am going to stop typing now before I dream about this mess I have on my hands Any help here will be welcome Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have borrowed a Tenda W150M+ range extender from a friend.
My home's main modem/router is a Belkin one and I want to give at the same time wired internet to a dreambox and wireless internet to my laptops.
Does anybody here have any experience on tenda products?
Thank you very much.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello

I have a problem that drives me crazy. Randomly, my wifi disconnects many times a day (Limitted conectivity or ), sometimes every 5 minutes. I solve the problem temporarly by:
1.)Running the Troubleshoot of the wifi connection, and it resets the adapter automatically( and at the end of the troubleshotting it says: "WiFi doesnt Have a valid IP configuration, or sometimes The default gateway is not available")
2.)Sometimes the Troubleshooter cant reset the adapter, and I have to do it manually.

By reseting the adapter, the problem is solved only temporarly, because I have to do that mayby 20 times a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I use Windows 8 on Asus K55 VJ , Intel Centrino 2230 adapter with up to date driver.

PLEASE, PLEASE help me, the laptop is new, its sold as a Windows 8 engine, and its really embarrassing that I have this problem...

Here are some print screens that can help you

A:WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration on Windows8

For default gateway problems try typing in the gateway "192.168.10.1" into the IPv4 properties of the wireless network adaptor.

Sometimes windows has problems picking up the gateway from certain routers which is usually just a hardware compatibility problem.

The link below explains the process.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

I posted a picture of this setting for clarity.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26174-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-windows8.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hello....i have been using win8 for 2 weeks now and all has been great but this morn i try to go online and get the error of invalid ip config. been working on it for several hours to no avail. can anyone tell me whats going on please?

actually, i restarted the network and win8 fixed everything....all the win7 pc's were working while win8 did not......if someone can let me know how to remove this thread will be appreciated.

A:WiFi doesnt have valid IP configuration error

The thread doesn't have to be deleted, would be good for others to ad later on.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/3377-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-error.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello IP / Sharing) No Ethernet Valid Usb / (WiFi configuration everyone I come to you after i wandered and tryed all No Valid IP configuration (WiFi / Ethernet / Usb Sharing) reset protocol as possible throughout the world I've never done this before But I can't wait anymore So I come on forums looking for a kind soul So my problem My computer worked fine until now Then I tried to connect on the new ethernet of my apartment in Japan And then This is the drama No More valid IP configuration No Valid IP configuration (WiFi / Ethernet / Usb Sharing) on all my connections I'm on Windows I have three types of connections that works on my other computer Ethernet Net Asahi Fiber Optics No Valid IP configuration (WiFi / Ethernet / Usb Sharing) Wifi Softbank Pocket Wifi Usb sharing connection NTT Docomo on Android Huawei For the three No Valid IP configuration appears I tried Norton analysisregisters integrity analysis Uninstall all my network card drivers and reinstall them by restarting each time Reset my IP setting TCPIP Winsock flushdns release ipconfig renew with all controls can be found on the net admin Spend my Ip automatic search and DNS Protocol on IPV and IPV Disable my Norton firewall and windows Delete my winsock register and and restore Restart DHCP service Reset all my routersThe resolution tool for windows network problems times Reinstall the protocol of connection C Windows INFSpend hours with Windows technical service charming person but could not help me Well I think I've been around I am joining you ipconfig all with three connections A Windows error reports of the problem solving manager A print screen of my graphics card drivers and my device manager Nouveau document texte txt Please Save me Thank you

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129013-no-valid-ip-configuration-wifi-ethernet-usb-sharing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, i'm using an HP Pavilion g4-1215TX laptop, after loading last known good configuration, my wifi will not enable anymore, even the wifi icon is missing from the taskbar... please help me with this problem, thanks

A:wifi will not enable after loading last known good configuration

Why did you try "last known good configuration" anyway?

Any exclamation or question marks in "device manager"? And is your wireless adapter listed there under "network adapters"?

wifi icon is totally missing in taskbar?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250997-wifi-will-not-enable-after-loading-last-known-good-configuration.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I update my OS version from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Homein my HP Mini 110-3700 . After finishing the updating my WI-Fi is disable. I believe that the HP driver for the WI-FI is not supported in the new OS version. What can i do to enable my wireless network. My adapter is Realtek RTL8188CE

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/after-updating-to-windows-10-my-wifi-configuration-is/td-p/5632573
Relevancy 50.31%

The wifi is not working only on my laptop since 2 days! it was working before and it still is working with all other gadgets and other laptops just not working with my HP laptop.it installed some windows update couple of days back. please guide me as to what needs to be done. i will post relevant info from my side or post screenshots to provide you all the necessary info from my side.

i have tried

netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)"
i have also tried restoring to the last recovery point.

nothing has worked so far. please help!

A:wifi doesn't have valid ip configuration windows 8

Try rebooting your router. Also maybe doing a reset on the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48383-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I have a relatively new HP Envy (H8-1485ea), with no modifications made, running windows 8. I have had the been using it with a wired connection at university with no problems and on return home connected wirelessly. Initially I encountered no issues, however after about 2 days the status of the connection went to limited and has remained that way since.

On running the windows troubleshooter it stated that the "wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration".

I searched this forum and found the suggestion to run the commands which resolved similar problems:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset rest.log hit

However as shown in the attached image for the second command resetting failed. I am not sure if this is where I am going wrong or if there is another issue.

I have also attached my ip configuration.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem would be much appreciated, Thanks.

A:wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration (Limited)

Do you have anything else connecting to the router that actually works (either wired or wirelessly)?
Have you tried power cycling the modem and the router?
Have you tried an ipconfig /release and then an ipconfig /renew after power cycling both?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28544-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-limited.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I would like to access my router to configure it for maximum internet connection speed. The router is a NetGear WGR614v4 with both wireless and hard wire connections . My operating system is Windows XP Professional and I use a cable high speed interenet service. My router is out of the warranty period and NetGear will not provide tech support.

Relevancy 49.88%

I want to configure a wireless router on my compute

steps taken

wired conn- run the cd-put user/password and with wired connection I am able to go on line and once I am taking out the wire from the laptop it shows "page cann't dispaly"

A:router configuration

and welcome to the Forum

See how much this helps your understanding of networking:

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/router-configuration-339082.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi,

could anyone please let me know the router configuration steps.

A:router configuration

best place to look is in your router's user guide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-configuration.938575/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to configure my router so that it will play Asheron's Call. I went onto portforward.com and my router is Linksys WRT54Gv6. I go to the default IP address for configuration and when it asks for my password/username, none of the ones that were given (i.e. blank or admin) work in any combination. I was wondering if anyone would know how to find out this information for this model/version or if there is another way to port forward the ranges 9000-9001, 9004-9005, and 9012-9013? Thank you!

Relevancy 49.88%

I am attempting to set up servers for various games on my PC. The only problem is the my system connects to the internet through a (wireless) router and others (non-LAN) cannot connect to me. I have read many articles on opening router ports and configuration settings but it is all too confusing for me to figure out and i dont want to screw up my low-latency connection! Does anyone know how to make this work?

A:Router Configuration

Go here
and find your router and it has good instructions to set up port forwarding. They might even have the game you use listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-configuration.53548/
Relevancy 49.88%

I currently use a router with my isp connection through the cable provider in my area The problem I am experiencing is when the computer is plugged DIRECTLY into the cable modem provided by my isp bandwidth via speed test is at expected speeds cable modem is a thompson dhg HOWEVER once the router dlink DLR- is plugged in to the cable modem the bandwidth essentially cuts in half mbps or more of the mbps service I subscribe to I know that the router can be successfully configured because it was set up in the past but I no longer have the information to do it anymore Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc VFX Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I think that I have most of the bugs figured out, except for one. I am using the sheet as a labor chart to configure labor times when I have clocked in and out of a job. When it is configured by the minuted, the time is off by 15 cents and it increases further as time increases. Can anyone take a look at this and be able to give me a nudge?

Thank You!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello one and all I am sincerely hoping someone can assist with my little networking problem as i m tearing my hair out now Here at work we have a Vigor Modem Router hosting our connection to the world It was originally on DHCP amp the computers amp printers found their own IP addresses without problem We added a Linksys router via ethernet to a lan port not the wan in another area of the yard This on Adding wifi a static IP to router router was fine also on DHCP and connecting wirelessly from a laptop or mobile phone was a doddle Then our oh so wonderful IT geek Adding a wifi router to router on static IP decided to put the Vigor on a Static IP along with all the computers connected to it This has some how cut off the wifi capability of the Linksys router now It is basically acting as a hub for two laptops and nothing else In simplistic terms with some detail what settings need changing on the Linksys if any The Adding a wifi router to router on static IP Vigors internal IP is Linksys is both on subnet I have been advised to set the Linksys to a static IP on the Internet Connection option but what set of figures do i need for that Fingers crossed Stonkin nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

A Windows Service Pack installation has just switched my wireless management from the old Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) which it had always been to Intel ProSet's.

Does anyone have experience comparing these two in terms of performance or functionality?

One thing thats very noticeable with Intel's is that the alert bubble pops up a hell of a lot. I usually use a wired connection, so it's often popping up. WZC didn't pop up nearly as often.

Thanks for any help on this.

ps: wasn't sure which section of the forum to put this one in... since the WZC is part of Windows, guess it qualifies to be here

A:Choose Intel Proset Or Windows Zero Configuration For Wifi?

Intel ProSet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170170/choose-intel-proset-or-windows-zero-configuration-for-wifi/
Relevancy 49.88%

Before I bring this computer in I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them I've tried just about everything I can think of to google and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels Though I've tried all the usual suspects setsh and all the rest I'm fine with re-trying everything from the beginning as well Here's the specs and the answers to some common questions C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thibs Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WiFi and Ethernet Unidentified Network/valid IP both configuration: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek USB GbE Family Controller Physical Address C-EB-E - - - DHCP Enabled Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -CC- - - - -D - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -CC- - - - -D - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt IP addresses are set to connect automatically for both IPv and Antivirus disabled Network adapters uninstalled and autofound When attempting to install latest Realtek drivers the following message appears Realtek Network Controller was not found Says the driver is installed but it is the same version as before When running Realtek's diagnostic utility the following error appears Fail set Operates normally except when clicking on Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter which causes it to display Fail Set again and reset the program I admit I don't know what Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter or Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection refer to Asus UX F laptop running Windows x Becomes quite warm since the problem maybe due to trying to connect Used to run extremely cool so it is a noticeable difference I tried a bunch of other things as well but clearly I'm just missing something here so might as well start from the beginning o Thanks for any guidance you can give

A:Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

When you see your IP address in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range that means you are not getting a DNS from your router. Try to turn your router off for about 15 seconds and then turn it back on and see if that helps.

You may have to restart your computer also.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54443-unidentified-network-valid-ip-configuration-both-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

A Windows Service Pack installation has just switched my wireless management from the old Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC), which it had always been, to Intel ProSet's.

Does anyone have experience comparing these two in terms of performance or functionality? If one is superior, can you tell me what about it is better?

One thing thats very noticeable with Intel's is that the alert bubble pops up a lot. I usually use a wired connection, so it's often popping up. WZC didn't pop up nearly as often.

Thanks for any help on this.

ps: wasn't sure which section of the forum to put this one in... since the WZC is part of Windows, guess it qualifies to be here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/choose-intel-proset-or-windows-zero-configuration-for-wifi-293657.html
Relevancy 49.45%

How can I find all the companies ip address for setting up wireless router? For example, Netgear, Linksys Dlink, and other compamies.
Thanks!!!!!

A:configuration of wireless router

How can I find all the companies ip address for setting up wireless routerClick to expand...

do you mean what default gateway they use
ie 192.168.0.1
or
etc

you could look in all the manuals - a lot of routers manuals are on the manufacturers sites - it would also give you the default username and password

why are you after so much info???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuration-of-wireless-router.538766/
Relevancy 49.45%

I sent over a Linksys DIR- router to a friend in Venezuela as he does not have any wireless internet now from my understanding and what he has explained he has a modem connection. configuration Need with router help to router connection already however the router does not have wireless He got the router today and I told him to replace his current router with the one I sent him Now the connection going from his modem to router wouldn t work in the WAN port So we placed it in LAN ports along with his two PCs and great he got internet on both computers but he can t access the router configuration to set the wireless Now I made sure it all worked before I sent it I replaced the router I have at Need help with router configuration connection. home with it and it worked with the IP However when he enters that it doesn t bring him to the router configuration nor with and some others So I told him to use ipconfig to get the gateway IP and trying to use that to access the router but still it won t work The Ipconfig looked like Adaptador Ethernet Conexi n de rea local Sufijo de conexi n espec fica DNS cantv net Direcci n IP M scara de subred Puerta de enlace predeterminada So basically I have come here in search for help on how I can get to Need help with router configuration connection. the router configuration and enable the wireless for them Anything you ask I can ask of him and report back Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help with router configuration connection.

So.is there a default gateway listed in the ipconfig above ?
And you said linksys.Did you mean d link ?
Is the ISP cable or dsl ?The setup would be different I believe.
Might be a good idea to go back to basics,just to make sure that everything was done in the correct order.Like so.
Tips on setting up broadband connection, courtesy of Johnwill

You don't need any setup disk to configure a broadband router.
. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
• Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
• Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
• Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
• Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
• Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-router-configuration-connection.985029/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone I just acquired a tablet Transformer Prime and wanted to add another wifi router to my network connection as a way to increase the signal on my room I tried following the instructions on this Linksys help article http www nohold net Cisco ukp aspx pid amp login amp app search amp vw amp articleid I ve tried the first method described and completed all steps and still couldn configuration Problems router with second t connect the second router when i connect both by the ethernet socket Problems with second router configuration only the first one unaldutered worked providing internet access to my PC by wire but the second one didn t increased reception on the tablet at all Ipconfig shows no sign of any other device besides the working router when they are connected by the ethernet socket When i connect only the second router ipconfig reveals there is no quot Connection-specific DNS Suffix quot and quot Default Gateway quot I cant change options back to normal in the web browser because i dont have a default gateway number anymore What have i done wrong how can i fix this and configure this damn router to give me my precious wifi speed Any help would be appreciated and I m verry sorry for the long and badly explained post im a noob with pcs to say the least BTW first post but I ll introduce myself later on a proper post nbsp

A:Problems with second router configuration

Reset the second router to factory default settings and try the following procedure. It is the same as your linked article Option 1, but maybe it will be easier for you to follow.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-second-router-configuration.1045974/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I am actually trying to configure a router, with a serial and fast ethernet interface..
now i have a network address of 192.168.50.1 and i have used 192.168.50.2 for the fast ethernet interface and 192.168.50.3 for the serial interface, but it giving me an error, saying its overlapping the fast ethernet address of 192.168.50.0, is there anything i'm doing wrong there? can anyone help me please...

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased and installed a Linksys RT P wired router while converting to Vonage VoIP I installed the RT P behind an Actiontec GT- DSL Gateway modem router I plugged a telephone into the RT P and my VoIP phone service works great Because my Actiontec GT- DSL Gateway only has ea Ethernet port I had to remove my local computer from the Actiontec Ethernet port so that I could connect the RT P to the same Ethernet port After removing the local computer from the Ethernet port on the Actiontec GT- I moved it an open Ethernet port on the RT P The local computer has Internet access and appears to work normally accept that it can no Multiple Router Configuration LAN longer file or Multiple Router LAN Configuration print share with the other computers on my home network Prior to this change I had ea wireless NIC-connected computers and the Ethernet-connected local computer configured onto my local network via the Actiontec GT- DSL Gateway All of these computers were configured to file print share and did so successfully After the installation of the Linksys RT P router the local computer can no longer file print share with the ea wireless NIC-connected computers I have some basic networking knowledge and I understand that by adding the Linksys RT P I have essentially created two networks The problem appears to resolve around the fact that there two networks are currently not able to properly communicate in a manner that will allow file print sharing between them Is this problem solvable utilizing my existing equipment and configuration I contacted Linksys about the above mentioned problem Linksys told me that my problem can be solved through the use of static routing They suggest that I configure static routing on my first router Actiontec GT- Linksys suggested that I contact Actiontec for the specifics I went to Actiontec s web-site and found out that they charge per technical support request I m hoping to solve my problem without having to pay this fee I know how to access the setup configuration menus of both my routers I can see the static routing area but I m not sure how to configure static routing to solve this problem Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a D-Link DSL 604+ Router and modem conected to a 2mb broadband connection which works fine appart from me only getting 2kbs download speeds when using bittorrent. I have been told that this may be because i have not configured some ports on my router? Is anyone able to help me solve this problem Please

A:D-Link Router Configuration

Won't get much help with this issue due to the function of bittorrent....I doubt it is your router, however

http://forums.techguy.org/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_faq_p2p
[tsg=welcome]to TSG![/tsg]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-configuration.407494/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi there. my name is fred and i heard about a router configuration panel that people with routers for their dsl and cable internet connections. is that true? if it is how do i get to it. i heard of one way but it doesnt work. i know my router/cable modem is from rca. and i know my ip address. since i dont know how private that is i will just leave it at that. any help??

A:router configuration panel????

The router configuration panel differs from brand to brand. Linksys, for example, has a default of 192.168.1.1, with a blank username and 'admin' as the password. DLink routers use 192.168.0.1.

Do you know what the IP of your router is?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-configuration-panel.14947/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a hopefully rather basic problem with the configuration of my new D-Link router DIR- Now what I had in mind was rather simple but apparently I don t + Router configuration ICS LAN/WLAN know the correct settings to achieve it A lack of knowlegde on my side I guess I have some experience setting up simple networks ICS + LAN/WLAN Router configuration with a few windows computers and broadband modems but the last time was some time ago and this one here seems to be a bit more complicated than I thought I have one PC Win Ultimate with a G modem via USB and want to use this computer PC and the G connection to act as the internet connection using ICS for my home network This computer now connects to the new D-Link router via LAN I want to use this router to connect the other devices in this network LAN WLAN with PC so they can also use this internet connection via ICS and also for the other basic network uses file sharing printing The setup of ICS was not a problem I think and the local network LAN WLAN is working alright but how do I have to configure the router so he quot knows quot that all internet traffic is going through the G connection ICS at PC LAN port and not its WAN port which is empty while maintaining the functionality of the network file sharing printer of course FYI I want to use PC with G for my internet connection because I want need the VPN connection I have installed on this PC While there are a few WLAN- router out there that can handle G modems I don t know any that also have a VPN tunnel integrated into their software And even if there are router that could handle both I guess I would have to spend more for those than I would like Which is why I prefer to use PC with ICS and the VPN tunnel to connect my network to the internet I thought that this would be a basic task for any router but could the problem be that this router may have been designed to primarily connect to the internet using the WAN port Using ICS on a computer on a LAN port may not be automatically supported or so it seems and requires additional or different settings or I simply don t know how to do it yet This might also help WWW --- G --- PC --- DIR- --- PC PC printer media server TV LAN WLAN DIR- IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server Enabled DHCP Range - PC IP Address currently As I said I have some experience with networks but that was a while ago and I am not sure if I remember everything correctly so to be on the save side please keep your answers simple If I need more technical details we can cover those a bit later in this thread as needed or I will simply ask you to clarify or explain more detailed Secondary question Since I am using a different media server WLAN for media streaming to my TV should I turn off the media server function of the DIR- Does that make no difference or would that have an effect positive or negative on my network performance stability Thank you very much Any help with this is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I am running a Netgear WGR614V5. I can connect fine to the internet and everything using the tourer but I cannot connect to the router configuration page. I did have a password setup on it, but I was connecting to it earlier today fine. For some reason the reset button does not seem to be working. When I ping 192.168.1.1 none of the packets are received. When I put in ipconfig /all this is what comes up.
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : CNet PRO200 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapte
r
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-A1-31-A0-97
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.41.138.90
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 68.41.136.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.77.13
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.77.130

Relevancy 49.45%

My Internet cable is rj45. If i connect that cable directly to my pc, and set up the connection (PPPoe, requires a username and pass), i can access the internet.
then i bought a tp-link wr841n router which has a Wan (rj45) i/p socket.
and i ran the tp-links setup software, configured the router with the username and pass, but still it wont connect to the internet.
and help please ?

Relevancy 49.45%

I have been dealing with the same issue for the last couple months. I only need the router because I use my cable connection for TiVo. I am going to try your instructions.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have 6 units of PC and i have 2 Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Using a dual WAN Router, how can i configure it to have my 3 PC connected to 1 ISP and the other 3 PC is connected to another ISP.
ISP 1 >>> >>> 3 Computers
>>> Dual WAN Router >>> Switch/HUB
ISP 2 >>> >>> 3 Computers
Just thinking if it is randomly get an access to net. If there is a way to configure or assign them on which connection them will be pls. guide me.
If can't get my illustration i will make a better one. ^_^

hmMm... and does this settings can connect my 6 Computers with each other? So, that i will have an access to them? Or in use of LAN Games or File sharing?
p.s.

what is the disadvantage and advantage of this settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuration-of-2-isp-in-dual-wan-router.735696/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum. A couple months ago I had to switch providers, and had to get hooked up with a wireless router. Ever since then, my download speeds have crash landed.

I'm running XP. Any tips on where to go for help would be appreciated.

thanks!

A:need help with wireless router configuration

What bandwidth are you supposed to be getting?

What speeds do you get with a test such as Speakeasy connecting by wireless, by ethernet to the router and directly to the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-wireless-router-configuration.765005/
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer wouldn't wake from sleep mode a few days ago so I hard rebooted it When it booted I no longer had internet access My local area connection was listed as an unidentified network with no network access I used the troubleshoot tool on the connection and it returned quot the router does not have a valid IP configuration quot I could not change the network from public to home private I am able to connect to the internet using the same router and cable on this laptop The wireless is also working fine I have tried disabling and enabling the network adaptor DHCP and the local connection updating the network card drivers disabling ipv in local connection Resetting the router to factory settings I have does IP not a Router configuration valid disabling bonjour I do not have and have never installed mcafee clearing the TCP IP stack with netsh int ip reset using ipconfig Router does not have a valid IP configuration release flushdns renew system restoring to before the issue occurred doing a clean install of windows it saved Router does not have a valid IP configuration my old files under windows old - I assume this is still a clean install I am running windows home premium my network card is an Intel LF- Gigabit the router is a Thomson TG T and I am using Bigpond ADSL It's been a couple of days and I'm well out of my depth I didn't expect the issue to continue after a clean install Any help would be really appreciated Attached is the ipconfig I get Attachment

A:Router does not have a valid IP configuration

If you could attach your ipconfig please because I can't see it

This can help us determine possible causes

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307598-router-does-not-have-valid-ip-configuration.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a WNDR3700 connected to a wired network that I access through wireless. When I get pretty far away from the WNDR3700 I loose the ability to connect and I was thinking if I could extend the wireless network by adding a DAP-1522.

I want to have the WNDR3700 and the DAP-1522 connected via wireless and using a laptop I want to be able to access the wired network from anywhere in the facility.

Can this be done and could you guys tell me step by step how to do it, I will definitely appreciate.

A:Router plus Bridge Configuration Help......

Hi,

For best performance is good to have cable installed between WNDR3700 and d-link access point at remote location. All those repeaters, extenders and wireless distribution systems affects wireless performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-plus-bridge-configuration-help.1049915/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys!
I have a Wireless Router,Belkin F5D7230-4 Router.
Model: F5D7230-4 - Data Transfer Rate: 54 MBps - 2.4 GHz - Wireless Connection.

1)Previews we changed default ip address 192.168.2.1 to some thing.But now I forgot that default page ip address.How to get that page.I restarted that back side button.But it is not getting.Can any one any one?

2)How to configure it?

Thanks for Apperication.......

A:Wireless Router configuration

Hold the reset button for about 15 seconds. After that you should be able to use the 192.168.2.1 address to get back to the config page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-configuration.496931/
Relevancy 49.45%

For some time now my home LAN has been experiencing some problems The router an ss speedstream wireless sometimes doesn't want to work or most of the time and sometimes it does I have three computers connected to it and they all can access the router's web page However none of the computers recieve internet access One of my computers is able to connect the the cable modem directly and receive internet I use all the numbers I see from running winipcfg on my directly connected computer when I setup the router but for some reason the router will not work I make it so that it uses a static IP address from the ISP which I'm not entirely sure even is static even though I always see that same IP address I also see a DHCP server number and also I put the DNS server I see although I am able to choose between different numbers I put the others as alternate Am I missing any information configuration problems Router from my ISP

A:Router configuration problems

Set your router back up to receive DHCP if your ISP requires it. Sometimes ISP's use private IP's for you, that conflict with your current router config. If your router IP is 192.168.1.1, then make sure the IP that you get from your ISP is not 192.168.1.(1-254) Earthlink is bad about this. If it is the case, just change your router (inside address, not the external ISP address) to 192.168.10.1 or something other than 192.168.1.1 just change the second to the last number to anything else.

Not the best at drawing a mental picture here. but

If WAN address is 192.168.1.1
and router is 192.168.1.1 , they conflict. Plus the router needs a different network like 192.168.2.1 for you to be NAT'd

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/router-configuration-problems-6779.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Been having problems with my router today, was working fine and then all of a sudden dropped out.With a notification that the Modem wasn't working. I plugged in my laptop via Ethernet to Modem and it worked as fine.

Contacted my ISP and they said it was the router just broke, therefore I purchased another Router today, to my disbelief, still the same problem,can connect via ethernet but not WLAN.

Devices will connect locally but not to the internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Russ

A:Help needed with Router Configuration

is this all wireless devices cannot connect to the internet
and thats with two different routers

whats the make and models of the routers

is there a modem involved ?
if so make and model

do a power cycle - see below

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-with-router-configuration.1114376/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me Port forward and or Proxy my Wi-Fi router.... Im using a TP-LINK WR340G.. really need help.

A:Wi-Fi router proxy configuration help

Port forwarding has these requirements

the machine to which the forward will point to must have a static IP address
once port(s) are so configured, NO OTHER system will be able to use those ports.
(1) can be done manually on the target system, or more easily in the router by using IP Address Reservation.

Pg 33 of the manual describes (1)

Pg 34 describes the setup for port forwarding

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-router-proxy-configuration-help.171393/
Relevancy 49.45%

In the past, I could access my routers set up by typing in 192.168.0.2 as the address in my web browser. Now I am not able to access the set up window. I have connectivity to the internet and everything has been working just fine. I usally go into the configuration to turn on and off the wireless portion of my router. The router is a netgear VPN. Can someone please assit with this issue. Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

I am using an edimax 3G-6200n router with a 3G usb modem on the '3' network to connect to xbox live. I can connect easily and play most games and join most partys but sometimes i cannot join certain friends games and matchmaking is slow on some games such as modern warfare 2. I have tried DMZ and UpNp on the router but the NAT remains strict. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Edimax router configuration

Do not open multiple threads on the same topic. You already have replies here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edimax-router-configuration.945736/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone, new here. I've just got a buffalo airstation WZR-1750HP and i cannot for the life of me configure it for internet access. I have entered my isp username/password but still no joy. I must admit i'm utterly hopeless with networking, but not bad with other computer matters. Hoping some wireless whizz kids can tell me what my settings must be.

A:router configuration woes

Dual band AC routers can be tricky as they sometimes are not compatible with older wireless N clients.

Best to upgrade any wireless n NIC's to AC NIC's if they can't connect consistently.

Also depends on if there are any other routers in the network, or if the modem is a modem/router or just stand alone modem, not enough information here for me to give directions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332966-router-configuration-woes.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am getting VERY frustrated with my stupid computer. I have Windows OS 7 Compaq Presario. EVERYtime I restart or shutdown it goes through the updates and then configuration and then when it restarts it does the configuration AGAIN and then shuts down and comes back on and configures again.  What the heck is WRONG with this stupid thing and how can I fix it or change settings?  I don't want to lose CRITICAL updates but sheesh this is freaking RIDICULOUS! I'm afraid I don't understand a lot of computer language and so don't know what updates are critical and which are unnecessary.Anyone to help?

A:Configuration twice upon start up and once shutting down EVERY TIME

How much free hard drive space do you have? If the hard drive is too full it can cause this.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155102.0.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Tenda w311u USB wireless adapter plugged into a Windows 2000 machine. The drivers are installed. In Network and Dial-up Connections, the status of the device is "Network Cable Unplugged." When I try to configure the device, there is no option to set the SSID. The Windows Wireless service is started and running.

Here is the output of ipconfig /all:

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name: audios141
Primary DNS Suffix:
Node Type: Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State: Cable Disconnected
Description: 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address: C8-3A-35-C5-DF-BD

Any help?
Thanks,
Peter

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guy,

Just throwing this one out there.

I am having trouble with my new Tenda 54M Wireless PCI Adapter Model: W54P card it installs the driver right but when i go to enable it, it doesn't work.

It also calls it a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless LAN Card if that helps solves the problem.

The Driver is
Driver provider: Ralink Technology Corp.
Driver Date: 2/06/2009
Driver Version: 3.0.1.0

If you need anymore info please post and i will reply asap

thank you all From Gamer1238

A:Tenda 54M Wireless PCI Adapter Model: W54P

One thing that can help with that is finding the Hardware ID. There are two ways about it. One is to go to Start, Right click on Computer, select Manage. Go to Device Manager, expand Network adapter, and double click on the device. Go to the Details tab and select Hardware Ids from the drop down menu. For instance, my Hardware Id is VEN_1814&DEV_0301 and if you google it you find that its a Ralink RT2561/RT61 chipset. I was able to install this device by going to Ralink's website and downloading thePCI/mPCI/CB (RT256x/RT266x). I installed the executable as driver only. I then did a manual install, selected Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, selected Network adapter, then selected Ralink Corp, and finally selected the RT61 v2. This worked for my particular device but it can be different for yours. This is only an example as something you can try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28203-tenda-54m-wireless-pci-adapter-model-w54p.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok quick question i currently have Dlink DSL R s networked together and set up correctly the Master router is assigning DCHP addresses and the secondary is forwarding to the relevant computer thats connected to it I have two PC s Router Multi Configuration Solved: both connected to the secondary router which are able to network together and use the master routers Solved: Multi Router Configuration internet However my girlfriend is buying a new laptop next week and wants to be able to stream music from one of my PC s to her Laptop while connected to the Master router so she isnt affected by any lags due to networking happening between my two pc s i regularly switch files between them hence the second router so questions Firstly am i right in my above statement that if My pc s are transferring via router number router number will serve her with no overlap between the and Secondly DCHP is off on the nd router and as far as i can see the main router see s my pc s and the nd router is invisible so am i right in thinking that her PC will be able to see both my PC s on the nd router or will she just see router number i read somewhere that some routers see all clients connected to the nd router as one IP address and the nd router sorts it out when it gets there nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I ve been trying to solve this problem for over months now by myself so any help would be appreciated I don t like asking without trying to solve and search for this by myself first but I just can t do it Setup - Desktop Computer works fine when directly connected - Laptop Computer works fine when directly connected - Cable Modem - Wireless-G Router Model CWR- - Firewall enabled - All wired connections - No wireless enabled Problems BitTorrent won t work properly Checking for firewall just keeps going It won t allow access to internet banking sites completely Accesses main pages but times out when trying to log - Router :( on Painful Firewall Configuration in Configuration on Router Firewall - Painful :( Google Videos and YouTube slower Notes When I disable the firewall on the the Wireless-G Router everything works fine It s just the settings on my router firewall which is messing things up Attempted Solutions For Allowed port for inbound and outbound TCP access on router firewall - didn t work - tried disabling Automatic port mapping UPnP - didn t work For Allowed port SSL for outbound TCP - still didn t work For Haven t tried anything nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

i have netgear FVS336 dual wanport vpn router. one wan port is connected to my company server through vsat and having static ip and gatway. second wan port is connected to isp dsl modem which is having dynamic ip. now i required configuration to use both wan ports same time. please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-wan-port-router-configuration.846527/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi hope someone can help me How can i delete my nat entries where it says create protocol I am a beginner at this configuration speedtouch modem/router 510 dsl I speedtouch 510 dsl modem/router configuration want to be able to make it more secure How can i do this Can i edit it using notepad and then import it using the browser Also my little network has windows xp workstations and have been setup using windows xp networking ie i created a disk and setup the other workstations on the network Everything is working ok except for accessing files on the network It takes about - minutes to connect to a share on another computer and access the files Can someone speedtouch 510 dsl modem/router configuration tell my why Does the hostname in this firewall have to be the machine the modem router is connected to here is a copy of my firewall env ini set var quot CONF REGION quot value quot Australia quot set var quot CONF PROVIDER quot value quot BigPond quot set var quot CONF DESCRIPTION quot value quot BigPond defaults quot set var quot CONF SERVICE quot value quot Router PPPoA DHCP NAT VPI V CI quot set var quot CONF DATE quot value quot Configuration modified manually quot speedtouch 510 dsl modem/router configuration set var quot HOST SETUP quot value quot auto quot set var quot UPGRADE URL quot value quot http www speedtouch com u pgrade htm quot set var quot COLUMNS quot value quot quot set var quot ROWS quot value quot quot set var quot SESSIONTIMEOUT quot value quot quot set var quot HOST MAC ADDR quot value quot xxxxxxxxxxxx quot set var quot HOST IP ADDR quot value quot lt dhcp gt quot set var quot HOST NET MASK quot value quot lt dhcp gt quot set var quot HOST GATEWAY quot value quot lt dhcp gt quot set var quot HOST DNS quot value quot lt dhcp gt quot set var quot HOST NAME quot value quot xxxxxx quot set var quot ST LAN IP ADDR quot value quot xxxxxxxxxx quot set var quot ST LAN NET MASK quot value quot xxxxxxxxxxxx quot phone ini add name quot xxxxx quot addr x type pppoa qos ini add name quot default quot class ubr oam ini config clp bridge ini config age pptp ini dhcp ini config autodhcp off scantime spoofing off trace off policy verifyfirst off trustclient on spoof failtime errorlt dodlt pool add name quot dhcp pool quot pool config name dhcp pool poolstart xxxxxx poolend xxxxxxxx netmask gateway xxxxxx leasetime start mer ini ipoa ini ppp ini ifadd intf quot pppoa quot rtadd intf pppoa dst xxxxx src xxxxxx metric ifconfig intf pppoa dest telstra proto pppoa accomp on retryinterval addrtrans pat ifconfig intf pppoa user quot email protected quot password xxxxxxxxxxx status up cip ini pfilter ini pfirewall ini chain create chain quot sink quot chain create chain quot forward quot chain create chain quot source quot rule create chain sink index srcintfgrp wan action accept rule create chain sink index prot udp dstport dns action accept rule create chain sink index prot udp dstport bootpc action accept rule create chain sink index action drop rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp lan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp lan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp srcport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp lan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp lan prot tcp dstport action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp ack yes srcport smtp action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp lan prot tcp dstport smtp action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp ack yes dstport pop action accept rule create chain forward index srcintfgrp wan prot tcp ack yes srcport pop action accept rule create chain for... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speedtouch-510-dsl-modem-router-configuration.248267/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I have the TP-Link wired TL-R600VPN router. I was able to access its configuration page from my PC and set the security so that only the PC's MAC address would be able to access it. Now my PC's monitor died and I tried accessing the router's configuration from my laptop, and obviously the access was denied as the MAC address is different. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

A:Unable to access router's configuration

If you have remote desktop setup on that computer you could remote into the the computer without a monitor other than that you may have to reset the router or if you have a computer running linux and you know the mac you could spoof it and logon

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321223-unable-access-routers-configuration.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Attached is a diagram of a network I m trying to get configured All devices are on the same subnet The Moden Router A is WAN connected to help Multi-router needed configuration the internet Its LAN IP address is Its DHCP server function is ON Its DHCP range is to Router B s default address was but I changed it to and turned its DHCP OFF Multi-router configuration help needed It is assigned static IP address It is wired LAN to LAN Multi-router configuration help needed to Router A Router C s Multi-router configuration help needed default address was but I changed it to and turned its DHCP OFF It is assigned static IP address It is wired LAN to LAN to Router B Four devices connect wirelessly to Router A and do have internet access One computer connects wirelessly to Router C That computer has a local USB printer I have three network devices that I assigned static IP addresses to so they won t be changed by Router A s DHCP service Two are connected to Router A and one to Router B Router C has three Linux computers wired to its LAN ports One of those computers has two USB hubs wired to it and several USB devices are connected to each hub I want to be able to access the internet from any of the computers simultaneously and I need to be able to print to any of the four printers from any of the computers I also want to be able to access the USB storage devices from any of the computers and access files on any computer from any other computer When I connect wirelessly to Router B I do have internet access Router A s list of connected devices shows all the wired and wireless devices it should except for Router B Also the two wired devices I assigned static IP addresses to are listed by Router A as having the assigned addresses but as being DHCP not static Shouldn t Router B be listed among the connected devices in Router A If it would help I can post screen shots of the routers configuration pages Router B has a USB port for external storage devices so would it be better to move the three USB disks and a hub to Router B Thanks for any help or advice in getting this network configured JohnSr nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-router-configuration-help-needed.1028033/
Relevancy 49.02%

Reuel,

Do you have any idea on setting up the Linkys Router with 4 port switch (besfr41)? I have followed the directions in the manual but I get nothing, no connection to the internet. The modem is connected to the router and the router is connected to the pc. Although I am using a straight cad 5 cable between modem & router. Use a crossover cable instead between the DSL modem and router? Any comments would be great.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

HI GUYS,
I have a serious problem with cisco 2960 router,i am using a dell dimension 3000 running a microsoft windows xp proffessional.ANY HELP IS HIGHLY WELCOMED!

A:cisco 2960 router configuration

what problem are you having? Dunno if I can assist, but am curious as to your network setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-2960-router-configuration.1041150/
Relevancy 49.02%

My wireless linksys router is acting up on me again and i m not sure how to handle this I copied the error messages exactly as displayed Sometimes the problem stops after i wait min or so but this is happening allot more frequently now I started getting these errors in this order window failed to find domain name prpblems with DNS server windows confirmed that primary DNS server is currently online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time This usually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two Linksys configuration issues router computers and is blocking domain windows has confirmed that windows firewall on this computer is correctly configured to allow this connection However a remote firewall might be blocking your connection The following policiy might need to be adjusted to allow windows to connect Policy provider windows firewall firewall filter name query user if Linksys router configuration issues the policy provider identified is windows firewall click for information about adjusting windows firewall settings If a differnt policy provider has been Linksys router configuration issues identified check the provider s documentation on how to adjust the policy settings Reset the network adaptor wireless network connection resetting the adaptors can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem nbsp

A:Linksys router configuration issues

When Windows gives messages like that there are only two choices:

a. laugh; or

b. cry.

The problem goes away sometimes after 30 minutes with you doing nothing, right? Can you still access the router (ping it, or access its config or status pages)? Have you tried a reset or power cycle of the router? If so, does that clear the problem?

If it is a router problem about all you can do is make sure you have the latest firmware; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Next step after that is to replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-configuration-issues.915445/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have a D-Link Wireless N ADsl2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi router and my PC (running Windows OS) is connected to the router via. LAN cable
Other devices like Laptop, Tablet, etc. are connected to router via. WiFi

My ISP IP address, subnet mark and DNS Server IP address are configured in Router
And also a different DNS Server IP address is configured in Window OS as well in (TCP/IPv4)

I have few basic questions
a) What is the difference between configuring internet settings in Router and internet settings in PC ?
b) If I configure internet settings both in Router and OS, then which internet settings applies or takes precedence ?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399606-internet-settings-configuration-router-windows-os.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m trying to run a server for a java application called mekwars The program needs ports and open I have obtained an ip address from my ISP and registered with dyndns I can ping my public ip address my router I can access my server from any other computer in the LAN My router is a Zyxel p hn-T a I have configured port forwarding of both ports to my server I have disabled the firewall in the router and restarted it My server is running CentOS I have opened the ports in the server iptables I don t think this is the issue as I can connect from my lan to the server When I try to connect from within my configuration needed home server router with for Help lan to the public ip address of my server the program tells me it cannot find the server I can t telnet to port and nmap tells me that the only ports that are open are and I believe this are open by default on the router to allow remote management I can telnet from the lan My networking isn t Help needed with router configuration for home server great and I m used to having an quot ip passthrough quot option on the router to assign to my server I do have it set as the default router in port-forwarding so I had hoped this would be a similiar option I ve a funny feeling I ll have to telnet to the router to take care of some hidden options but I m posting here first hoping some network guru will be able to say quot Ah Help needed with router configuration for home server I ran into this problem back in dickity quot Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where I m going wrong Do I have to set a static route in addition to port forwarding or could I have port forwarding configured incorrectly I m also considering the router may be at fault and I ve emailed my ISP to make sure they re not filtering the ports before they reach my router nbsp

A:Help needed with router configuration for home server

When I try to connect (from within my lan) to the public ip address of my server the program tells me it cannot find the server.Click to expand...

You mean the public (WAN) IP address of the router, right? Some routers will "loop back" the way you want it to and others will not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-with-router-configuration-for-home-server.1021429/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello guys,

good day! please i need your help on what to do's regarding wrh54g client configuration. i been setting up today the point of access for its secured network mode with WPA shared key on XP-SP3. tried successfully on a client with windows7 lappy, but then my problem was that my boss want me to set it on a manual mode. i mean, he wanted it that everytime he disconnect the wireless and decide to connect again later he likes to input again the password. but as ive see it everytime i tried to reconnect, the password is automatically inputted already and ready to connect. not unless u click the wpa box and the password will be deleted. boss wanted this kind of setup for security purposes. i hope u can help me on this matter. my other options also were not successful.

all comment and help will be highly appreciated.

regards,

twinx

A:[SOLVED] please help on WRH54G router client configuration..

Let me say this much. If that were the case with my wireless network, I would be entering my 64 character passkey every time I connected to my wireless network. I could just copy and paste it from a text file, but then what is the point of doing that over just letting the computer save it for me? If your boss wants to make sure his wireless security is strong, his efforts are much better spent doing what I have done by going to the website linked below, copying the "64 random hexadecimal characters (0-9 and A-F)", while using either WPA, or WPA2. The kind of authentication I think he is getting at, is something a radius server would be better at providing, provided your computers were part of a domain.

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

In Windows 7, I know it is possible to have it not remember your passkey provided that you do not check the checkbox during the connection setup. My memory is a little off with XP. Does it provide something similar?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-please-help-on-wrh54g-router-client-configuration-587792.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have been trying to achieve a Remote Desktop Connection with my office PC (Host -- Win XP Pro service pack 3) with my wireless laptop (Client -- Win XP Home) at my house.

The RDC works at my office in the LAN, when I have my laptop connected in the office network. However, from my home's LAN, I cannot access the Host over the Internet (WAN).

I have tried to open port 3389 for the RDC in the PortForwarding section on my Office's D-Link DIR-615 router setup and did the same for my home's belkin 54G router at home, under Virtual Server, in that setup.

Has anyone had this type of problem with Microsoft Remote Desktop?

Relevancy 48.59%

I had a couple of guests over and they were having problems getting online (actually they were on for a day but one laptop dropped) the problem was with the guest laptop itself. While troubleshooting we opened the router as an access point. It gave us a new address for configuration but did not get it all down. It is a Belkin Wireless G router and the previous config address was 192.168.2.1 the new one was 192.168. then 2 0r 1 follwoed by three number sequence I believe starting with 2 (I tried 245 and 254). When I right click on my wireless connection icon and go to properties none of the address work some now start with 70. Is the a way to find the address and if not how do I reset my router?

Relevancy 48.59%

At work I am trying to figure out how to configure out wireless router. What I need to be able to do is to have people who use wifi to be able to also connect to our office file server (which will have shared printers so we can monitor usage amongst different departments). How can I do this? 90% of the office connects through wires using a static ip. Would I need to configure the router with a static ip as well? If so, would the wifi laptops need to have a static ip as well?

A:Wireless router configuration for use with file server

If there is a DHCP server on your office network, the following configuration for the router and allow the connections you seek. You could also use a wireless bridge if you haven't purchased yet.
Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-configuration-for-use-with-file-server.673299/