Windows Support Forum

Cant Start up

Q: Cant Start up

Help me please my laptop Brand Nec is Cant up Start Wont start up and my laptop is not have a cd rom that is why I cant boot it when I turn it on it said We apologize etc just like below when I choose Start windows normaly It cause a Bluescreen and it turn it off again Somebody help me please Im tired to make Cant Start up my laptop okey This the writen on the black screen We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice Seconds until Windows starts Help me please please I trust you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant Start up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cant Start up

Can you get into the Safe Mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-start-up.204505/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a dell latitude e6510 that won't start up. When I push the power button, the cooling fan starts up, several of the lights on the case come on for about five seconds (hdd and power) and then the whole thing powers down.
Anyone have any ideas?
Any help greatly appreciated!

A:Dell Latitude E6510 will not start up

Have you tried a hard start. Disconnect the battery and power cord. Then hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then try reconnecting the battery or the power plug and see if it will start. If this dose not work you might what to post your computer or laptops Model and make plus your systems specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6510-will-not-start-up.183347/
Relevancy 18.06%

My Dell Inspiron 5520 will respond when I press the power button, will flash all the LEDs and then just shut down. The whole process takes about 6 seconds. The fan starts up but nothing is displayed on the screen and there are no weird beeps. Any ideas on what is happening or how to get it to complete booting up?

I got this in December of 2012 and have had very few other problems with it

A:Dell Inspiron 5520 Will not start up

Are you comfortable with disassembling the laptop? Really the only thing we can test is removing the Hard Drive, RAM, and DVD player.

First I would try the HD and DVD to see if either of those are stopping it from powering for what ever reason, and you will still get something on the screen and see if it boots.

Once you remove RAM you are not going to get anything on the screen, it doesn't POST(Power-On Self-Test) it will fail guaranteed, but you "SHOULD" get beeps, however the problem with that is ensuring the MB is actually causing the Beep, and if it's not it'll just do the same thing regardless, it's best to have some spare RAM that you know works to test with. (Same speeds and kind, need to be sure) The reason for this is to make sure that it's not RAM but you're not just getting the same issue.

Putting in some spare RAM will at least allow you to ensure it's not just the RAM chips, one thing to try if you have multiple sticks of RAM is try each stick separately, and in each slot to make sure it's not one stick or one slot causing and issue.

The only other things to make sure is the power that is getting to the laptop is clean power. Two ways to do this as well, firstly you can test the power supply using a Multi-Meter if you have one and know how to use it. You can check the voltages on the power supply, Connect to the wall and test the first portion to ensure 120V clean power, then if its good, test it going through the transformer and check the bottom of the laptop (Possibly underneath the battery) for the proper Voltage and Amperage. Test with the multimetre and see if it matches, if its not giving proper power it can cause tons of issues.

The other option is to buy a universal power supply and change the voltage to match the laptop and then try it. Due note that not ALL universals work with all models of laptop and that it's not the recommended way of power, it's best to use the adapter designed by the company, specially for HP's and Dell's as they seem to be much more proprietary than other companies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5520-will-not-start-up.208719/
Relevancy 17.2%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 17.63%

I use a nice old Asus VW266 27" LCD monitor that's at least 5 years old.

Recently, it suddenly started taking several minutes to finally detect a signal after turning on the computer.

When the computer is off, the power light on the monitor is orange. When I turn on my computer, it blinks blue until it detects a signal, at which point it goes solid blue. This takes about 3 minutes during which time the monitor is off (no logo, no backlight).

Once the monitor finally "warms up", it suddenly detects a signal and instantly turns on (no "fade in"). I connected it to on-board video to rule out my video card. Once it starts working, it's perfect. Runs fine for hours. No flicker, no fading, no outages.

So, is my monitor dying? What might be wrong and is there a way to fix it w/o spending a fortune? (it is very hard to find affordable 16:10 monitors nowadays, so I'm not anxious to replace it.)

Thx.

A:Monitor taking minutes to start. Is it dying? Fixable?

I think this is easy to fix ...
Don't worry
Just some tests must be done by a technician to know what exactly is happening

You may also try to unplug the monitor after it detects the signal and reconnect it to see what will happen ... This may make it more easy to determine what is wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-taking-minutes-to-start-is-it-dying-fixable.205974/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 17.63%

when i start my computer, it goes to the gateway start page, and after a while (it's quite slow) it goes to the black page, and this is what it says:

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

Intel Boot AGent PXE Base Code (BA 1210BC-GW1)
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

PXE-E61 media test failure check cable
PXE-M0F exiting Intel Boot Agent

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media
in selected boot device.

it just stays on that screen until i do a CTRL ALT DEL, then it goes back to the Gareway screen and after about 30 seconds finally boots up and i get the Windows XP start up page, and it opens up my desktop and i can continue .

Can anyone tell me why this started happening and how to correct it?

A:Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

How old is the computer, or the hard drive. It appears you have a failed or failing hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-start-up-is-bringing-up-boot-agent-message.150663/
Relevancy 18.06%

So my deafult gateway dosnt start with 192.168 but for my laptop it does and my brothers pc does for me it starts with 46.109.248.1 Any Help I cant portforward Help me il try anything and my Router is Technicolor

A:Deafult gateway doesn't start with 192.168

Can we assume "my laptop it does and my brothers pc does" applies to his pc connected to your router?

login as an admin, get a command prompt and issue these two commands
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deafult-gateway-doesnt-start-with-192-168.200832/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I ve start new after installing vga? won't Games a just bought a new vga Radeon HD I had Games won't start after installing a new vga? GT before Everything was fine I downloaded the drivers played some games and everything was ok Games won't start after installing a new vga? After testing it I decided to uninstall the Nvidia drivers because it seems to me that I didn t need them anymore I did it using the programs and features in Control Panel after restarting the PC the games I tried didn t start Assassin s creed IV Black Flag when I tried to start it nothing happend and nothing changed in task manager Battlefield It says that I need directx which is weird cause I have the newest directx installed on my PC Also KMplayer won t work it doesn t show any video but plays the sound VLC and jetaudio work just fine System Games won't start after installing a new vga? Information OS Windows Ultimate SP Processor Intel Core i CPU Motherboard J amp W JW-H T-PRO RAM GB VGA Radeon HD So what should I do Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games won't start after installing a new vga?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the amd drivers and it got fixed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-vga.198393/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop from other country, its brand new. Lenovo c580 with 6gb ram and 1tb hard drive. when I click on Start button, nothing happens, the laptop doesn't start. I tried to charge it, but still no luck. I can see battery is charging but it doesn't start
Any ideas?

A:Lenovo c580 wouldn't start

Sorry its lenovo g580

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-c580-wouldnt-start.196294/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi guys.
I have problem in starting my Laptop,window could not start normall I got black screen infront
of me whenever I start it so I have to ctrl+Alt+del to start it then thats the time windows is up and
running.What seems to be the problem?Please help I no idea in this issue

A:Windows 8 start up issue

Hi Bonmar,

It may be possible that Secure sign-in requiring all users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del is enabled on your computer. This generally provides an additional layer of security to protect the system.

In order to disable this option, please try the following steps:

In the Start screen, type netplwiz in the Search box, and then press ENTER.
Administrator permission is required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click the Advanced tab, un-check the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" check box, and then click Apply/Ok.
Hopefully, this may resolve the issue for you. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-start-up-issue.195528/
Relevancy 18.49%

I issues start New up gpu have a Dell Inspiron gb RAM i - New gpu start up issues ghz processor I recently upgraded my psu and gpu My gpu is a visiontek RadeonHD gb The power supply came in first so I installed it a couple days earlier still no issues with it The GPU however booted up fine the first time messed around on a game for about an hour I went to check for driver updates halfway through the update the screen went black I plugged it back in the the onboard graphics uninstalled the drivers re installed Now the only way to get it to display through the new card is to start up with the onboard then switch plug ins while the computer is on Also I have tried disabling the onboard graphics and this didn t fix it either Long story short I now get nothing but a black screen when trying to load with the new gpu I know its not a very good graphics card I plan on ordering a new one today if the issue is with my gpu and not the mother board nbsp

A:New gpu start up issues

What drivers version are you using? Are you using a recent release, or are you using an older version? You stated that you uninstalled and then re installed the drivers, but did not mention what version. AMD Catalyst has some new beta drivers out that might not be fully compatible with all video cards. Have you tried to use older drivers and see if you still have the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpu-start-up-issues.192902/
Relevancy 17.2%

So my laptop has started to freeze a minute or two after start up even though it was working fine a few hours ago hours laptop working fine freezes up, after a VAIO start Sony was few ago I was sat talking to a Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago friend over facebook chat when my laptop started screaming with a really high pitched noise I had Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago to turn it off to stop it When I restarted it and booted it back up it said it was defragging something Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago it was a while ago and I cant remember what it said after that I logged in and now it freezes after a couple of minuets I ve tried system restoring it and using the built in memory repair and it still wont work However once I disabled all the non microsoft services it boots up and doesnt freeze untill I try to open a program I can start it in safe mode but thats about it I ve spent the past couple of hours searching for a solution but can t find one so ay help will be much appritiated I m using my Xbox to access the internet at the moment but I can turn on my laptop incase anyone has a possible solution nbsp

A:Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago

Try running Memtest86 a few times and tell me if any errors come up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-freezes-after-start-up-was-working-fine-a-few-hours-ago.191245/
Relevancy 17.63%

I powered down the machine yesterday (Shut Down) and now this morning the computer will not boot.
When I try to boot the machine the BIOS screen does not appear, the HD light flickers on but then stays off. All other lights on the machine are on as normal. The fan kicks in within 30 seconds and sounds like it's running at maximum revs.
I did a hard reset and reseated the HD and the RAM and replaced the RTC battery without fixing the issue.
I will disassemble the unit and make sure the fan is not clogged, in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts ?
TIA
Arfer

A:HP Pavillion DV6700 will not start, no BIOS screen just black

The motherboard has probably failed do to consistent overheating over time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-will-not-start-no-bios-screen-just-black.189056/
Relevancy 18.06%

I left my HP elitebook 6930p idle for 5 hours, after which I noticed that I cannot open any applications. When I try to open an application via clicking an icon, my laptop won't respond (even notepad won't open). Note that the hard drive indicator drive is surprisingly inactive during that time. I can open windows explorer though, but it takes some time to load a page. The screen does not freeze (I can sitll move my cursor), but when I attempt to shut down it gets stuck on the wallpaper before fading [supposedly] to the loading screen. Please help!D:

A:Applications won't start (even Notepad!)

UPDATE: I noticed when the network adapter was off the laptop ran fine. When I turn it on, everything slooows down, and the things above happen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/applications-wont-start-even-notepad.189423/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi all got above named laptop but when I turn it on it freezes every time when it get to the black screen where it says start windows normally or other options such as safe mode etc is this hard drive failure thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire One freezes at 'start Windows normally' screen

Update-- on black screen if I click on safe mode or safe mode with networking it does its thing but then after loads of things it just restarts back to that screen if I click last known config it get to the loading windows screen then I see a hint of blue screen then it restarts back to black screen start windows normally screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-freezes-at-start-windows-normally-screen.188714/
Relevancy 18.06%

Spent about 10 hours trying to resolve a network printing problem on a laptop today and now I am asking for your help. The HP laptop stopped printing with the message "Print Spooler is not running". I tried starting it at services.msc but it will not start. I tried uninstalling the printer from add/remove and could only remove the printer applications but the driver will not uninstall because the print spooler is not running. I tried reinstalling the printer but it will not because the spooler is not running. I tried installing a different printer with the same failure. Microsoft FixIt identified the spooler as not running, tried to start it and it failed immediately. FixIt said it could not help. I checked windows update and it is up to date. Printers work with 4 other pc's on the network. OS: Win 7 Pro

A:Print Spooler will not start

Treat it as if there are jobs in the print queue that can't be deleted. As I recall you delete the subdirectory in the Spooler directory used for that specific printer.

Try running this troubleshooter

=== Update ===
Here's another Wizard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-spooler-will-not-start.187291/
Relevancy 18.49%

Okay so I have a dell d610 - and when it is on it runs perfectly mine so much so that I can play a game online sync photos and download from iTunes - but when it get shut down if doesnt come back on for at least 3 hours and at most a whole 24 hours. The battery light just does a slow green flash and when I check it it says its fully charged. When I press the power button the little indicator lights will come on and the screen gets ready then after like three seconds it all goes off again. So far this is the longest it's been off which is going on two days now. I'm not sure if I explained clear enough but any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Laptop will not start

When it switches on, does the screen show anything such as a logo or some sort of way into the BIOS? It could be an overheating issue especially with the processor where the fan has failed. To stop the processor from destroying itself by overheating depending on the make, it can sometime shut itself down atomatically. How old is the laptop? Check that the fan is working (normally makes a small noise with hot or cold air coming out and is generally located on the upper part of the keyboard section on the laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-start.188134/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello people Today I found a old laptop of mine in a box I thought lets connect start HP won't DV5 1050ed it to the wall and fire it up After trying to do this without succes I realized HP DV5 1050ed won't start me that was the reason why I putted the laptop in the box I ve been searching over the internet for solutions but none of them works My problem is Whenever I plug in the AC adapter into the DC Powerjack the light beside it goes on and STAYS on its not blinking at all and no else leds are blinking I know what all those blinks mean but it doesnt help me HP DV5 1050ed won't start at all When I push on the power button nothing just happens I remember that the laptop could be really hot at a time so maybe HP DV5 1050ed won't start its an overheating problem People told me that I have to disassemble the laptop and put the motherboard into a oven because then somehow it will be reflowed or something List of things I tried but not working -Battery out AC out and then hold power button for like - seconds and then plugin the ac and then try to start -resetting bios stuff with getting the ram memory sticks out n stuff -getting the hdd out and stuff like that All those things like described on the internet not worked at all So thats why I came here to get some help from you nice guys Greetings nbsp

A:HP DV5 1050ed won't start

Is the laptop making any noise at all? Do you have the model number etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv5-1050ed-wont-start.187171/
Relevancy 17.63%

Long story short Received my new laptop on Monday and I installed Windows and the Drivers on Tuesday I was able then to connect to the internet wirelessly in another room in my house My router is a year old wired Linksys G router and in order to provide wireless in my home I set-up a TrendNet Access Point N a year and a half ago Though there are times that I need to periodically reboot we can access the internet anywhere in the house on our laptops The laptop at the beginning connected fine recognizing the TrendNet and the signal was strong I then installed Windows Updates Microsoft Essentials and the latest Adobe Flash By the way the W firewall was enabled from the beginning After a time I shut it down but when I came back this system will not connect at all It shows that the system is connected to the Access Point with a strong signal but when I go to connect to the internet wirelessly Brand at it the start, now worked Wireless doesn't new laptop: it constantly says that there is a problem Diagnosis says it s my modem access point or router So I reset them at least five times but nothing has changed Besides my two PC s have no trouble connecting to the internet Two Lenovo laptops have no trouble connecting to the internet throughout the house I even fired up my year old Toshiba Tecra S using a TP Link USB adapter at the opposite end of the house and it connects Diagnosis diagram shows connection from Access Point to laptop but no connection from laptop to internet I did a system restore as I only installed the Adobe Flash and Microsoft Essentials When it finally rebooted the only thing I reinstalled was MSE I even set things to default But the problem persists The Device Manager recognizes my wireless card and reports Brand new laptop: Wireless worked at the start, now it doesn't that it is functioning properly With one exception the Intel Wireless Pro Drive Software diagnostics tool reports that every test passed including Signal Test which gives an Excellent quality rating What it has failed is the Ping Test I would appreciate any help you can give because I am really out of my element here This laptop is for my son who will be entering college this fall and so I need it to be able to access wirelessly By the way it does connect via ethernet cable nbsp

A:Brand new laptop: Wireless worked at the start, now it doesn't

run IPCONFIG /ALL

if it shows the current IP address as 169.x.x.x then the issue is not finding
(or being blocked from sending/receiving ) the DHCP service in the router.

ALSO, if you see an IP address like 0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334
then you have IPv6 enabled on the laptop;
1) google for disable ipv6
2) apply the solution for your {XP,Vista,Win/7} laptop

reboot and reconnect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-wireless-worked-at-the-start-now-it-doesnt.169520/
Relevancy 18.06%

my acer aspire 5520-5908 wont start up. when I press the power button on, it attempts switching on the fan and the fan goes off again with the screen not starting too.and all it does after is the power button light and signals blinking intermittently. I ve removed the battery, plug it directly so forth on and on but nothing seems to work. just blinking of lights.

A:My Acer Aspire 5520 won't start

The motherboard has probably failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-5520-wont-start.184476/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have no sound on my PC . I used to have before but I don't have now . Any ideas :S HELP

I ran msinfo32 and found this error :
Realtek Ac '97 Audio Pci/Ven_878 etc... This Device cannot Start

A:Realtek cannot start error 10

What are your PC's specs? A desktop or laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-cannot-start-error-10.184217/
Relevancy 18.06%

I dont know whats wrong these are my specs:

Gigabyte Z77
Asus Xonar 5.1
Seasonic Platinum 860 watt power supply
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 4 x 4Gb
Intel I5 3570k ivy bridge 3.4Ghz (3.8Ghz with turbo boost)
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2Gb vram
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Hdd
Lite-on Bd Drive
Antec 1200

At first I forgot to plug in the 12v cpu power, but I fixed that. This morning I noticed I put the power buttons cable into the wrong spot because I was following the cases color coding instead of the motherboards. But now I have no idea whats wrong. I have one idea, the screws I used to screw the motherboard in are really long and they stick out of the motherboard. Could that be the problem? Can someone help me I REALLY want to use this pc. I have been waiting for 5 years.

A:Just built a new PC for the first time and it will not start up

Please tell us what the problem is. What is the computer doing or not doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-a-new-pc-for-the-first-time-and-it-will-not-start-up.183108/
Relevancy 18.49%

My Laptop wont start. I have a gateway laptop. Windows 7. It wont boot it keeps going to the blackscreen and it says disk error occurred Pre control alt delete to restart...I did and it says the same thing it just keeps going to the black screen. I cant go to safe mode or anything. What do I do.

A:Computer won't start

Sounds like windows crashed or your hardrive did. Do you have a restore disk. If so I would give that a try. If that don't work. It is more or less your hardrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start.181816/
Relevancy 18.49%

Ok so I'm new to the area of building a pc and don't really know where to start. I have the motherboard and cpu figures out I just don't know where to go from there.

A:New build, don't know where to start

Check out this guide
Techspot PC Buying Guide

What is your Budget?
What purpose will this new PC serve?
What components do you already have?
Where do you live?
Are you open to using online merchants? IE newegg, amazon.
The more information you give us. The better the people of Techspot will be able to assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-dont-know-where-to-start.180563/
Relevancy 18.06%

My Laptop over heated today and I removed the back plate to gain access to clean out the fan ect Once I tried to boot the computer up everything flashed at me like always but then turned off the screen remained black I ve done a little research via googled and I have tried Removing the AC power lead and the battery and switched them about to see 1525 Dell Inspiron, start won't if it would resolve but resulted in the same issue as stated above Holding the power button down for seconds without the laptop having power and with power Then powering up I ve pulled the HDD Dell 1525 Inspiron, won't start and the memory as instructed by the Dell support site When power was disconnected and booted switch the memory about and booted a number of time Everything was re-connected properly This is driving me totally mad as I need the laptop due to work and other reasons I paid about four years ago so it s no longer under warranty also none of the settings where changed Dell 1525 Inspiron, won't start before the issue began I would be grateful for any advice or assistance So what is the possible issue that I m having is my motherboard fried or is it something else nbsp

A:Dell 1525 Inspiron, won't start

just like mine

am trying to find the sleep sw that hibernates the sys to bypass read the threads under tryingdad, maybe we can fix both

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1525-inspiron-wont-start.178808/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a old computer running windows XP I tried to update the driver so that I could play minecraft but i didn t know the type of card I had So in order to find out the model of the graphics card so I could download new drivers I pulled it out and wrote down My new card won't after computer start video a installing the model type I put it back in wrong so it didn t work After a few tries I put in a new video card and tired that I always get stuck at the point where it says quot New hardware or software has caused the computer to have trouble starting Start in safe mode start with command prompt start at last working way or something like that start windows normally quot Now I have no working video card and don t know what to do Old Video Card XFXGeforce e MX New Video Card I don t know it says nothing on it and wasn t in its original box Also I dont care witch card goes in Ask me if you need anything else nbsp

A:My computer won't start after installing a new video card

Does this computer have on-board video? On-board means part of the motherboard and not a separate card... If it does, try to connect the monitor to that video output

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-video-card.178773/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all made thread about this before but wasnt sure where it was coming from iu now know its def the psu its a 750watt .. and fo0r months now when i 1st start pc it makes like a whirling grinding noise quite loud so i have to turn off then back on and always the 3rd time it will stop and work fine. sometimes i get to desktop and no icons so have to press little restart button but then ok and only when cold as if been on a while and i restart or turn off and on it dont do it do i need to buy new 1 or is there a fix for it cheers

A:Strange noise from PSU on start up

The fan in the PSU is the only thing that usually makes noise. I can't in good faith recommend that you replace the fan in your PSU because even an unplugged PSU can generate enough voltage to KILL you. Please get a new PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-noise-from-psu-on-start-up.178351/
Relevancy 18.06%

I tried my best not won't 2+ after asleep hrs Monitor off or powered 2+ start hrs to come a botherin you kind folk but I am absolutely stumped The issue My monitor won t turn on unless I reboot computer several times and try to unplug monitor power and plug it back in I still haven t nailed down a routine that works every time Details This happens if a I turn the computer off and it is off for more than hours or so that is a guesstimate but should give you a relative time frame OR Monitor won't start after 2+ hrs asleep or 2+ hrs powered off b I leave the computer idle for several hours specifically I normally turn off the monitor before bed but not the computer and it won t wake up in the morning This normally leads to several hard reboots and messing around with power and dvi cord before it will work Computer i processor gigabyte motherboard pci-e hd graphics card gig hard drive vista several gigs of ram monitor is a western digital with a dvi cord I ve tried messing with the s s bios setting the pci peg bios settings btw which setting is actually correct s and peg replacing the graphics card changing the computer sleep mode both mouse and keyboard are set so they can activate the wake up I also tried the roomates monitor short term with no luck To me that rules out the monitor and video card plus bios settings Bios update may be next Please let me know what you think- the main thing that confuses me is that it seems to work after the computer tried to boot a few times almost like it has to warm up first nbsp

A:Monitor won't start after 2+ hrs asleep or 2+ hrs powered off

Yes, try a bios update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-start-after-2-hrs-asleep-or-2-hrs-powered-off.178234/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a machine with a crippled OS (Vista) so I have to use the command prompt.

When I type, NET HELP SERVICES, I get a full list of stuff with NET START BROWSER at the top.

(When I type, NET START, I get only seven items and BROWSER is not one of them. When I do this on a machine that has a fully functioning Windows OS I get 50 services running.)

When I type, NET START BROWSER, I get, "The service name is invalid." "More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185." When I type, NET HELPMSG 2185, I get, "The service name is invalid", and nothing more.

I'm hitting the same wall I hit with Netsh commands. I can only be a passive observer of the machine's state except that I can launch some .exe files, like Notepad. All the while it says I am logged in as Administrator.

A:Net start (from the command prompt) not working

Try running "sfc /scannow" without quotes at command prompt (as admin), then "net start browser". I suggest you check for viruses or repair/reinstall vista.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/net-start-from-the-command-prompt-not-working.177150/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am attempting to remove a virus from a friend s toshiba a -s laptop in the transportation process i spilt a bit black, but but help! stays need will amateur screen a Laptop up not computer start of water on the laptop but i do not think it effected the computer because Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help! i was able to use the computer for days afterwards while trying to remove the virus in safe mode the computer would not let me run any anti-malware programs and then subsequently shut down now when i try to start up the computer the keyboard lights turn on and the disc drives and fans begin working but the screen remains blank there are no signal beeps to indicate a hardware malfunction and the three of the five Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help! lights on the front of the laptop on the left side are on ive tried all the troubleshooting techniques on the forums i e removing the battery and running on ac power and vice versa holding down the power button for sec sec min and mins all to no avail another computer savvy friend of mine said that some of these new viruses are smart enough to write itself to the bios which would prevent the computer from starting up he recommended flashing the bios but i do not know how to do so on a black screen or if it might have been the water damage that may be causing a hardware problem im thinking motherboad or video card if so any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop will start up but screen stays black, not a computer amateur but need help!

These new viruses are truly evil... and wide spread. We have had over 30 cases since Wednesday... all doing what you describe.

But the Toshiba is also infamous for having the screen inverter go bad... cheap to replace but darn difficult to get at quickly.

Can you connect an external monitor to the VGA port on the back of the Toshiba to see what you get there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-start-up-but-screen-stays-black-not-a-computer-amateur-but-need-help.176524/
Relevancy 17.63%

To start I left my laptop off for two days while away on vacation I return home and attempt to load it and receive the windows error message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I am left with options to boot start windows boot manager to load windows normally When I try option at the bottom of screen there s a bar that says loading windows file and then the screen goes to a black screen with an arrow never to load--even after a substantial amount of time hours When I try option it goes to the windows logo screen for a couple of minutes and then returns to the error message screen I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows bit My year warranty on the laptop just ended less than a month ago and when contacting Toshiba they note this Upon a minute conversation I was told that the harddrive crashed and needs to be replaced as well as windows OS I just don t understand what could have happened because prior to leaving for vacation L655 start failed Windows Toshiba Satellite to - windows was functioning no problem My laptop is not making any weird sounds I just want to be sure their solution is necessary or is there any other solutions I could try before dishing out for this computer Also know any strategies getting around out of date warranty when right outside within weeks of the warranty period nbsp

A:Windows failed to start - Toshiba Satellite L655

I don't know if you got this settled, but it sounds like the hard drive might be okay if you can re-format and re-load Windows fresh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-start-toshiba-satellite-l655.175786/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys every time i restart my laptop it wipes all the user profiles, leaves one and wipes all the custom settings on that profile. I have no idea and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

A:User profiles deleted on start up

This might be caused by a virus or other malware infection, a corrupt hard drive or Windows itself is corrupt... Can you do a destructive laptop restore? This is a way that the laptop is put back just like it was when you turned it on when you first bought it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-profiles-deleted-on-start-up.175534/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi, new I'm here and have worked on my computers for many years with success. i have a problem with a new Nvidia MX4000 video card with an Asus P5P800-MX/CHANNEL-UAYGZ motherboard. All works well except there's no video signal until the Windows XP boots up and loads the driver. This means I can't see the Bios setup or dual boot screen on startup. It works fine with the built in video on the motherboard but I'd like to use the dedicated video card. Has anyone had this problem and suggestions to work around it.
Thanks, Don Black.

A:Nvidia GeForce MX4000 video card won't start until Windows loads

Don Black said:

Hi, new I'm here and have worked on my computers for many years with success. i have a problem with a new Nvidia MX4000 video card with an Asus P5P800-MX/CHANNEL-UAYGZ motherboard. All works well except there's no video signal until the Windows XP boots up and loads the driver. This means I can't see the Bios setup or dual boot screen on startup. It works fine with the built in video on the motherboard but I'd like to use the dedicated video card. Has anyone had this problem and suggestions to work around it.
Thanks, Don Black.Click to expand...

This usually happens with HDMI, are you using HDMI?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-mx4000-video-card-wont-start-until-windows-loads.174507/
Relevancy 18.06%

Friend called he just got

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...&csid=ITD&body=QA&fld=PostDate&srt=descending

It won't start. The only thing that happens is the front panel blue led flashes for a split second. No other beeps. I have downloaded all of his manuals and walked him through plugging in everything. Any suggestions on what I could try? I am thinking of having him switch power supplies.

A:Computer won't start on a new build

He switched to a known working psu and it did the exact same thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start-on-a-new-build.173340/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys im doing a love job for a friend and need a little help

Problem: Laptop would start up for 10-20 seconds then shut down.
I did the basic stuff, remove ram, HDD and try again.
No go. So i stripped it down, had a look around, re seated the heat sink fan with new paste.

Now I hold the power button on, light come on as normal but shuts down straight away. Lights only on for 1-2 seconds (while holding power button). I can hear the fan spin and the dvd rom spin.

Notes: This is running off a power cord not the battery (has no battery)
I was thinking it might be a faulty power adapter, any ideas?

A:Laptop won't start up

Hi, your saying when you try and start it that you are holding down the power button, try letting go of it and see if that makes any difference, just push it and let go.

Is there anything appearing on screen?

Remove any disc that might be in the CD drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-start-up.173046/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all.

The computer that I was just given keeps losing sound everytime that I reboot it. And the only way that I can fix this is to uninstall the drivers for the sound and then, upon reboot, reinstall the sound drivers.

What is it that is causing this and what can I do to fix this? Thanks

A:Computer loses sound at start up

Can you be more specific and give us your system specs ???

What mobo, is this onboard sound ? thx gl,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-loses-sound-at-start-up.172423/
Relevancy 18.49%

OK... so my husband was working on our HP 2 nights ago and left it as usual (on whatever he was doing online) and we went to bed. The next morning when I came downstairs the blue lights (power, DVD, music and volume) were still on. The computer never went into hibernation mode over night. I tried to "wake it up" and got no response. I held the power button to force it to shut down, waited 20-30 seconds and turned it back on. NOTHING happened! I took it to Best Buy to be "diaganosed" and they are telling me that it needs a new Motherboard. Could it be anything else? Is this something worth fixing for a computer this age (I think it's between 7-8 years old)? PLEASE HELP!!!

A:HP dv4040us won't start up

Well assuming that best buy is right, then no it's not worth replacing the motherboard on that old system would be expensive to fix/replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv4040us-wont-start-up.171992/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Everyone I bought a gaming PC back in Scratch? or Start Upgrade From and I am still using it as a family desktop It is a Dell XPS Gen partitioned running Windows Anytime I play any games it Upgrade or Start From Scratch? is very choppy but it is an old computer My question I want an up to date gaming computer capable of smoothly handling heavy gaming so is it worth upgrading or better off starting fresh I know my way around a computer but I am by no means an expert so any input would be appreciated A few specs Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium EE MHz x Motherboard Name Dell Dimension XPS Motherboard Chipset Upgrade or Start From Scratch? Intel Alderwood i XE System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GS Monitor Dell FP Digital quot LCD T AEAATQ Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative EMU K Audigy Audigy Audio Processor Storage IDE Controller Intel R FB FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - F IDE Controller Intel R FR SATA AHCI Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD JD- HBB GB IDE Disk Drive WDC WD JD- HBB GB IDE Optical Drive PHILIPS DVD -RW DVD ATA Device DVD R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW Optical Drive SAMSUNG CD-R RW SW- S ATA Device x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free E NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free nbsp

A:Upgrade or Start From Scratch?

Upgrading a 6 year old PC is simply a bad investment. Plus, its often difficult to do any substantial upgrades to an OEM PC.

You can build a low end 'gaming' machine for ~$350 if you recycle some things like a keyboard, mouse, monitor from that machine (further savings if you reuse the hd). That $350 machine would be much much faster than what you have now. Another advantage of building a new one is you'll have a backup machine incase anything catastrophic happens to your new one (unless you used the hd from the old one).

If you post a new thread with your budget and what you hope to play with it several people here could help you choose the best components for what you need.

Edit: If you want to do some light reading on builds for various budgets see the Techspot PC Buying Guide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-or-start-from-scratch.171921/
Relevancy 18.06%

So over the last month I ve had some issues rebooting Start hard drive? Bad issue up my PC Basically it Bad hard drive? Start up issue s hard for me to do it I ll choose restart from Windows everything will shut down but then nothing happens Everything is still running but nothing happens I then turn it off and on a few times and nothing Everything sounds like it s running but nothing happens Finally I open up the case unplug the power to the motherboard plug it back in and then it seems to boot up I watch the lights on the MB and it goes to the ram the video card then stops at the HDD for a few seconds then finally starts booting The HDD isn t making any funny noises Also when it finally does boot up I can t see anything until the windows login screen I m not sure if that s because my monitor is hooked up to an hdmi port on my video card rather than the standard DVI or VGA When I first got the monitor I m sure I was able to see the boot up process All of my components are less than a year old Any help would e greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-hard-drive-start-up-issue.170955/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 15.91%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 18.06%

My PSU is about - years old I just opened my case up to start running it PSU stops fan and I to manually have clean my GFX card and PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it then turned it on and noticed that my PSU fan isn t running The fan is right at the bottom of the PSU so it s parallel to the ground and the fan is facing the ground I couldn t really get a good search of the PSU online PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it but it s a cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC It has red numbers saying so I assume it s watts and the fan is volts Motherboard biostar Tforce P PSU cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC My fan isn t running when my computer is turned on and i have to take a pencil or something to manually start the spinning while the computer is on Ocassionally it ll even stop moving after a while computer still on and i have to manually spin it again Is this reparable Can I get gell on the PSU fan because it seems to be a little cloggy How big of an issue is it that my PSU fan isn t working It s really hot right now environment -wise being summer and the PSU fan not running kinda scares me nbsp

A:PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it

I would either try to replace the fan if you know what you are doing or replace the whole power supply. I wouldn't run the PC if the power supply fan isn't working. You risk burning out the PSU and when it blows it could take out other components with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-fan-stops-running-and-i-have-to-manually-start-it.167728/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi to all hope you help me with my problem regarding my friends desktop which he gave me. when I turn it on its never perform the normal operation and its only shows preparing for network connections... and i've been waiting for ages but never get through into the program.. I'll try putting my cable network directly from my router but again didn't works...help me please!!!!

desktop
os - windows xp professional
ATA Maxtor 6L200MO
203.928 GB

A:Network connection won't start up

OK, for a start, go into Device Manager and click on the > next to Network Adapters and list the devices you see. Also observe if any of the devices have a red cross on them or a Yellow ? and state which device they relate to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-wont-start-up.166586/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have 2 Acer Aspire AX1200-U1520A and they both died almost at the same time (one month apart), neither one of the machines will start, so I took the power supply to a store and they told me it was fine. How can I find out what's wrong with the compter without having to spend a fortune on diagnostics. Don't now if it is worth sending it to a place to fix it and be charged an arm and a leg and maybe be better buying a new one.

Thanks!!!!

A:Acer Aspire AX1200-U1520A won't start

Need input!

Do they show signs of power? Lights? Fans? anything?

Those are the low profile desktops and are plagued with failing motherboards and graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-ax1200-u1520a-wont-start.166057/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi everyone!!! I hope you'll help with my problem at my laptop...I'll do recovery factory setting at my laptop coz it was very very slow and when it finish its doesn't start up just on and off..I suspect it was in my hard drive or it was because the software doesnt load to my hardware...please help me solving my problem...thanks in advance!!!

A:My Packard Bell EasyNote won't start

There are other possible causes but start by running the hard drive diagnostics from the manufaturer.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file

to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the

Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

Please provide the model number of your drive if it is Toshiba Fujitsu for further instructions, this does not run on Windows 7. I would

suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-packard-bell-easynote-wont-start.166043/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi fellow service unknown status start failed or the Connection to dependency group computer junkies I can see a multitude of difficulties have been overcome by your group effort I hope you ve got another fix up your sleeves My laptop is years old HP COMPAQ C Notebook PC Vista Home Premium purchased with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T Ghz GB RAM bit OS My internet connection is normally T-Mobile USB Internet card Also connect WiFi with built in card Local Disk C NTFS GB Free GB Presario RP Disk D GB Free GB Pc tools spyware doctor w Antivirus Malwarebytes The first indication of a problem began with announcement that new Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start hardware had been found Knowing that I had installed nothing I blocked the new hardware attempt to connect Next day I found I could not reach the internet using T-mobile Among other things Windows Defender and Firewall were not operating I got a message quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to System Event Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start Notification Service This problem prevents limited users from logon on to the system As an administrator user you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Of course upon investigating I found I could not open Event Notification log Normally at a time like this I would reach for System Restore But I was informed no restore points were available With help from Brother-in-law Larry and using desktop with the T-mobile connection I was able to get online to find the fix to the problem I started in Safe Mode Clicked start search cmd right click ran as administrator typed quot netsh winsock reset quot enter and restarted Also ran sfc scannow That got rid of that problem Was then able to see Event Notification log But now new error quot Connection status unknown The dependency group failed to start quot I right clicked on that message got option to Diagnose and Repair Got message Network Diagnostics cannot run because Diagnostics Policy service is not running Clicked to open Service Control Manager SCM is in Management Console This opened Local Services which shows full pages of application descriptions status startup type and log on as I found Diagnostic Policy Service Properties set to startup automatic but service status is stopped I clicked start result was Error Access is denied Many other items are in same state When start attempted on some other applications Error was received also Some applications gave Error quot The dependency service or group failed to start I don t know if this is important but After being allowed to view Event Notification Log I looked at Security log which had as earliest date that was days ago Today the earliest date is I noticed several entries throughout from oldest to newest dates the entries were quot Special Logon quot with Special Privileges assigned to new logon On the oldest one it seemed to be given privileges which included among others I can t remember assign Primary token privilege Security Privilege Audit Privilege take ownership privilege TCB privilege load driver privilege backup privilege restore privilege debug privilege system environment privilege and Impersonate Privilege That s it for now bout all I know Send help please Bill Ellison nbsp

A:Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start

Shot in the Dark

Have you tried running MalwareBytes in safe mode? Do you have an antivirus on your computer? Sometimes Virus' know MBAM so you may want to change the name of the program before you run it.

My Computer Lady

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.164058/
Relevancy 18.49%

just build a new pc with i5 2500k , sapertooth p67 and corsair 650tx
i started it 2 -3 times it didnt recognize the memory so i pressed the memory ok and it did after i while - when i manage to start it said cpu fan fail - i tried applying new thermal paste to the cpu , attaching better the fan which is corsair a50 - now the led is showing yellow (not blinking)on the motherboard but when i press the start - nothing starts

i am not really sure but i think i have a faulty motherboard or psu

A:My PC won't start up

1. How much thermal paste did you apply?

2. I've had this happen to me and the following sometimes tedious but tried and true method works surprisingly quite well. Disconnect everything from your motherboard except the cpu, one stick of RAM, and the power plug from psu to motherboard. Boot-up; if it boots-up and remains so then shut it down and add one piece of hardware. Boot up again and if it remains on repeat and so on.

It will help you to narrow down where the issue might be. If it doesn't boot up the first try then either it is your psu or motherboard.

* Also, however, make sure your motherboard is not shorting out by either touching your case or a wire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-wont-start-up.163756/
Relevancy 17.63%

I'm running windows 7 64 and whenever I start up my laptop windows 7 takes forever to load my network. You can see it doing that loading symbol over where the white bars would be on the bottom right of the task bar. Idk why it does this but I think it has something to do with windows gadget taking long to load as-well because ever since this started, so has windows gadgets taking forever to load. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this because it takes around 2 min to connect.

A:Windows start up takes forever to load network

Here is the video of my problem, maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/embed/K8ZCF8ywMQ8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-start-up-takes-forever-to-load-network.163465/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi People, hopefully someone can throw some light on a problem that's driving me nuts.

I'm running XP and for some reason (probably something I did) when I start the machine I get a black screen with an "energy efficient" logo in the top right corner and something by Phoenix Technologies on the other side. Below this is something that says "Memory Testing" then at the bottom it says "Press DEL to enter setup" but nothing happens when DEL is pressed. After about 10 - 15 minutes I get a blue screen with a dozen or more menus but no matter what I do I end up having to leave this to run it's course which is usually half an hour or more.

Any suggestions how I disable this memory check on start up please.

Many thanks,

P

A:Memory check on start up

In your BIOS, do you have an option to 'Fast boot'?
Power on, then 'F2' into the BIOS.
Look for 'POST behavior', then 'Fast boot' and 'enable' it.
'F11' to 'Save and exit'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-check-on-start-up.162519/
Relevancy 17.63%

On startup the LED light is on CPU fan on Normal beep on start up Hard drive sounds of function meaning I think the hard drive is functioning No video output Third or forth normal on beep but start comp, New video no up time building a comp but its brand new Built computer and received continuous beeps from the on board speaker Figured it was the video card New comp, normal beep on start up but no video since it did not have both pin plugs plugged in Only had one Bought a new power source that had two pin plugs previous one did not Reconnected all plugs Made sure all were connected Beep is gone Now no video Plugged in monitor to laptop and received video output Monitor is working Whats next AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB AM AMD G SATA Gb s USB HDMI ATX AMD New comp, normal beep on start up but no video Motherboard G SKILL Ripjaws New comp, normal beep on start up but no video Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CPU cooler stock ASUS EAH DI S GD Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Window not installed Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case nbsp

A:New comp, normal beep on start up but no video

Tried in both outputs on the card? There's normally a couple. Are you using the HDMI output? DVI?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-comp-normal-beep-on-start-up-but-no-video.162905/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi All, I have a Dell Latitude D531 that stopped booting last week. When you press the power button, the lights/indicators turn on and you can hear the HDD spin up but only for a couple seconds and then it shuts off. No error beeps, the screen never turns on I think because it happens so fast.

I have tried starting it with and with out the battery with the same results. I am thinking maybe it is a dead fan?? and the system doesn't start to keep it from over heating?

Please let me know if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas. Thanks, Dan

A:Dell Latitude D531 won't start

dude i have the same thing. did u take it apart and then reassembled per any chance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d531-wont-start.161507/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have an Alltel Wireless card and its worked perfectly up until a few days ago, when all the sudden I couldn't connect to the internet. The network connection center won't even open. So, after some researching, I read to go into services and start the remote access, remote access auto and telephony. Telephony is started, the rest will not connect. I have checked the 'logon' tab to make sure the stuff in there is enabled and I checked dependencies and one of those dependencies says 'starting' but I don't know what's going on.

I really just don't know what else to do. Help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-1068-when-attempting-to-start-remote-access-manually.162027/
Relevancy 17.63%

I rebuilt a computer using old parts. it was powering up ok and functioning fine. After powering down, it would not turn on again. I found that the LED on the wireless card which goes on when power supply switch is turned on, was not glowing.
I suspected the PS and i claimed that on warranty and got a new one.
once this was installed, the computer worked ok.
Again the same thing has repeated. there is on light on the wireless card, and no response to the power on button.. I jumpered tje PS and it works.
Do I have a dead MB??
Please help guys.

A:Computer does not turn on when pressing the start button

could be an issue with the motherboard. It might not be sending the power on signal to the PSU.

but first things first. What are the specs of the PC? and what is the wattage and brand of the PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-does-not-turn-on-when-pressing-the-start-button.161856/
Relevancy 18.06%

I was using my laptop yesterday afternoon, when the screen began to fail. I turned the laptop off because it had froze, and when I tried to turn it back on, it just continuously reboots and shuts off, and the screen will not come on.

I have tried plugging in an external screen, but it does not receive a signal from the laptop, nor will the external keyboard I have to use (laptop keyboard is broken, not important).

Is there any way I can get the laptop to work again without taking it to a repair shop, or does a certain part need to be replaced?

A:Laptop won't start after screen issue

It could be one of several issues and from the sounds of it, would require a part replacement. Possibly the video card, but my best guess would be motherboard failure. I really wouldn't be able to tell for sure without further testing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-start-after-screen-issue.161884/
Relevancy 18.06%

I upgradet bios for asus P5E3 motherboard and it seemed like everything was ok - windows 7 64bit loaded and was working properly. What I changed as well was setting that puts computer to sleep after 3 hours. I used to have issue that while in sleep mode I need to press restart button and windows resumes back. Well today when I switch it on all lights are on fans are on but it wouldn't even start loading bios. I tried to unplug from mains and switch it back on but it wouldn't work.

A:BIOS wouldn't start

First I would see if the PC will boot from the OS disc.

Reset the Bios to defaults by removing the CMOS battery.

Flash the Bios again.

Check the CMOS battery is not flat, anything under 2.8V replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-wouldnt-start.161552/
Relevancy 18.06%

First of all this occured when the electricity went off one day I had my computer connected to a ups LED power won't and start PC supply Flashing and a safety power hub but i didnt manage to shut it down before the battery of the ups went off so it forced closed on its own After that the led of the power supply not the one on the psu but the one which is located in the chassis in front where the hdd led is as well started flashing and the computer wont start at all I started turning off and on the power supply button on the psu and i could hear a noise not a loud one like the one you get with a ram or w e problem but a silent quot quot vzzzz quot thinky After multiples swith off and on from the psu button the sound stoped Flashing power supply LED and PC won't start and the pc started However when i shut Flashing power supply LED and PC won't start it down again the noise is there again and now i cant start it again Now i want to buy a new psu in order to fix the issue but i am not sure if it s the psu s failure Any ideas if it s the psu or something else nbsp

A:Flashing power supply LED and PC won't start

That sound like a problem with psu to be sure get yourself a psu tester you can get a good one for around a 10 on ebay also take a look at your mobo to see if there is damage there also check your ups and safety hub.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-power-supply-led-and-pc-wont-start.159443/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello Today I experience the oddest thing I have ever seen on my PC This morning the power on button would not start my PC I checked the cable and the wall socket and popped the case to look inside Nothing seemed out of the ordinary I turned the case on its shut no start - random downs Sudden side to get better lighting inside and the PC started right up I Sudden no start - random shut downs was surprised at that so I stood it back up and it shut down I hit the power button and nothing happened so I tilted it on its side and hit the button and voila power So I let it boot and after its all done and windows is up I can use everything normally with no issues I turned Sudden no start - random shut downs the tower back up and it stayed on Not minutes later it shut off again and immediately restarted The second time it did this it ran a disk check Im assuming because of the sudden shut downs and it turned out fine Right now the PC stays on like nothing is wrong when its laying on its side As soon as I stand it back up it shuts down within a minute and restarts Its a Dell XPS Intel Core Quad Q ghz gig ram bit OS Windows Vista I have installed Nvidia Extra Case fans This PC has worked flawlessly since I bought it a year and a half ago and immediately installed the card and fans This is the first issue I have had and it feels like some sort of power short rather than an actual PC issue Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Sudden no start - random shut downs

Sounds like your switch might be faulty what I would try is jiggling the wire to the power switch to see it shuts down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-no-start-random-shut-downs.159667/
Relevancy 18.06%

Okay, i have a western digital my passport hard drive that i got back in august of 2009. so like a year and a half years old. well approximately 4 months ago all of a sudden it would start, windows would connect to it, then you would hear "click" and it would restart. and the process would repeat and repeat. then i've realized that it was the power, is there something i can modify in windows to fix this?

A:Western Digital My Passport won't start

Ah, clicking sounds from HDDs often are indicative that it has bit the dust. I'm rather confused what was meant by "... then I realized that it was the power,"

Do you have another computer you could plug the drive into to see if it works?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-my-passport-wont-start.159532/
Relevancy 17.63%

I repair laptops and I cant fix my alenware. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to start to bios or for the screen to come on and after that it works great for days if left on and then if you restart it the laptop comes right on but if you leave it off for 5 minutes it takes a long time for the screen to boot to bios. I have reflowed the chips swaped video cards and ram still does the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try.
Thanks Jamie

A:My Alienware takes 5 to 10 minutes to start to BIOS

Get the latest update for your Bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-alienware-takes-5-to-10-minutes-to-start-to-bios.159232/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi there Not a computer expert by any Audio - not This can start 10) (Code device means and would really appreciate your help Audio - This device can not start (Code 10) I tried to download a DVD decoder that would enable me to watch a DVD that wasn t working on Windows Media the other day This still didn t work and gave Audio - This device can not start (Code 10) me a far more frustrating problem as well The sound has now gone and I have a yellow explanation mark next to my audio device in device manager and the device status says This device can not start Code My computer is as follows Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Model T AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHZ GB of RAM I have tried de-installing and re-installing got rid of any new downloads checked for Viruses using Kapersky checked the wires and done everything on Windows Troubleshooter a number of times I saw a few other threads on this and it all resulted in the poster having to buy a new sound card Mine is built into my system and this all seems quite fiddly and could cause me to do further damage Has anyone else got any further advice before I go ahead and do this Thanks in advance for any advice given It is much appreciated nbsp

A:Audio - This device can not start (Code 10)

Sounds like the driver needs updating go to manufacturers website and download the latest drivers to your desktop and unpack the driver to your desktop then go into device manager and right click on the sound card select properties and update driver and follow the hard ware wizard and locate the driver you downloaded.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-this-device-can-not-start-code-10.159033/
Relevancy 16.77%

Turn computer on, it only gets to the black screen w dell on it and lower right corner shows f2 set up and f12 boot options but those don't work,will not start up n safe mode

A:Vista Dell Studio black screen froze can't start in safe mode

Were there any symptoms/problems prior to this?
Remove the battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Try to boot with and without the battery.
If F2 and F12 don't work you have a serious problem,
Have you tried booting from a CD/DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-dell-studio-black-screen-froze-cant-start-in-safe-mode.159047/
Relevancy 18.06%

I had some intermittent shut downs before the power supply finally totally crapped out I have replacement supply start power a after No an HP Pavillion I No start after a power supply replacement first bought a watt supply from Tiger direct but it wouldn t fit in my case BUT I did hook it up and make sure that the computer started up and ran ok It ran fine NOW to replace that the only thing I could find that would fit was a W diablotek My problem is this Now when I hit the power button the power supply fan turns on but nothing else When I turn it off a power surge spins the cooling fan and the cpu fan The side note would be that when I was putting in the power supply the heat sinc was in the way When I pulled it out I didn t realize that the cpu came out with it I jacked up the cpu when reinstalling the sinc I bent some prongs I have replaced it with the identical cpu and still have this problem Any ideas nbsp

A:No start after a power supply replacement

What was your power supply wattage that you replaced? Did you test to see if the Diablotech is functional, i.e. test it with a multimeter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-start-after-a-power-supply-replacement.158300/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello, I have an E-System 3083 laptop but it simply will not start. I have removed the battery and used direct in the mains, tried without hard-drive, removed and reinserted memory, connected to external monitor and nothing. I am at a loss. Could it be the motherboard or am I missing something really simple?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-e-system-3083-laptop-just-will-not-start.157913/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi new to the forum Windows stop/start Print Spooler 7 At work we have just gotten new laptops that have Windows Professional One of our users had a Vista laptop that always had the print spooler stop when he tried to Windows 7 Print Spooler stop/start print I had to go into the services and start the print spooler again When trying to print a second time the message would pop up again to state that the Print spooler had stopped I hoped that the Print Spooler issue with Vista would be cured in Windows Well sort of With the new Windows laptops that I have setup onto our domain I notice that the Print Spooler takes about - minutes to start We have a print server in our domain and all the shared printers will not show up in the OS until the Print Spooler service starts up I checked the dependencies of the Print Spooler Service and it is the Remote Procedure Call That service does not seem to be an issue When I try to print to a network printer it takes a long time to print I check the printer queue and I see two files the doc and a file called Local Downlevel Document I try printing an hour later again and I can print with no issues Then I will try to print again the Print Spooler service will stop and I will have to restart it I searched the net and I see tons of hits for Windows Print Spooler issues and I have tried a lot of fixes but I still have issues I even installed a Win driver for two of the printers one local LJ and one networked and the local printer never has an issue Possibly it is a domain issue or an issue with our print server We have two division offices in CT and NJ and they are in the same domain but different DC and print server and the IT guys there said they have no Print Spooler service issues with their Win laptops Pulling my hair out here though LOL I run this script as a batch file and it helps sometimes but not all echo off echo echo Purging the print queue net stop Spooler echo Deleting all print jobs ping localhost -n gt nul del q SystemRoot system spool printers net start Spooler echo Done ping localhost -n gt nul nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-print-spooler-stop-start.157872/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have an 80 GB hardrive with windows XP service pack 3, and everytime i start the computer, the mouse will freeze along with the keyboard until I restart it, but than it repeats. Help!

A:Mouse and keyboard freezes after a few minutes of start up

Do the keyboard and mouse freeze at the windows logon screen or after? What kind of keyboard and mouse do you have?(PS/2, USB, wireless)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-and-keyboard-freezes-after-a-few-minutes-of-start-up.157097/
Relevancy 18.06%

I've got a Compaq nc6000. When I power it on the lights turn on and the fans spin but before anything shows on the screen it turns off. I tried two power adapters and both of them turned on the "plugged-in" light.

A:Laptop won't start, might be dead

hi Jskid

Could be a faulty power socket. So does nothing show? not even access to the BIOS?

james

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-start-might-be-dead.156997/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I have bought this dell vostro 1015 laptop one and half year ago. Day before yesterday my windows XP hanged and I was unable to shut down. So I pressed power on button for few seconds to switch off my laptop.

Now my laptop is not starting. I see complete blank screen. I tried booting with CD, but no luck. The LED for power is on. The LED for harddisk keeps blinking. But I can not see anything on screen. Not even Dell logo. Nothing happening. No POST. The LED at harddisk keeps blinking. Keyboard does not respond. I tried taking out battery and starting with power adapter. But no luck. Please help.

A:Dell Vostro 1015 won't start

Take the laptop in for service. It is possible that the hard drive, memory or the motherboard has gone bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-vostro-1015-wont-start.155758/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have Gigabyte EX -UD P with g mhz ddr memory evga gtx video card thermalake TR RX W psu which I just bought Ok now the problem while playing Aion the computer just shut down on me and would not turn on There are lights on the motherboard that came on they are the overload Led s so I first thought it was my motherboard so I had it rma and since its local I picked it up and they said there was nothing wrong with the motherboard So now I thought it had to be the psu so I bought the new psu from thermalakethat I mentioned above so after putting everything back I pushed the power button and the same overload led light come on but now I also get a red light from the sb voltage So now I m lost and hoping someone can direct me in the right direction cause its frustrating not being able to play nbsp

A:Computer won't start at all

might be a bad ram stick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start-at-all.155071/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey, i've got a major problem, probably motherboard issue, so i'm posting it here, to make sure it's my motherboard.

-When i turn on my computer, it does really nothing, even the power light on the front isn't flashing, only the one below (there are two LEDs outside) blinks once! Then it turns off.
-When i remove every other hardware (Except the ones inside the comp.), same happens.
-My computer is connected to the power cord, and when i start up, i clearly hear the fans.

Thanks for helping.

A:Computer doesn't start, and no power light

first thing to try would be to swap power supplies...

if new power supply works, then the old one is dead
if new power supply doesn't work, then the motherboard or CPU may be dead
memory may also be preventing the computer from starting, so remove a stick

if you are using an internal speaker, does it beep in pattern or nothing at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-and-no-power-light.154614/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey all

I just downloaded Half-life 2 and it seems that everytime I load it up, it rotates the screen 90 degrees counter-clockwise. I've tried restarting, and even rotating my own screen 90 clockwise in order to compensate but it doesn't seem to work!

Is this a problem with my video card or maybe something in the game? I've never even heard of this happening before. :S

I'm running it on my laptop:
HP 6730b
2.26GHz Dual Core
2GB RAM
Intel 4 series chipset family video card

(I did notice that on start up the game warns me it has not heard of my video card. However the game seems to run alright, albeit its rotation)

THanks.

A:Screen rotates when I start Half-Life 2!

If you haven't already, install the most recent graphics driver. See if that helps. Go here: Intel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-rotates-when-i-start-half-life-2.154493/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100. I have checked the adapter/charger and it is putting out he correct 19V.

However, the LED lights on the battery do not indicate anything. After charging for 10 hours, I push the power button and nothing happens....no screen activity, whirling, noise, etc.

I have tried starting with adapter connected and not connnected.

Could a battery be so dead that the computer will not turn on?

Or is it the MB or bios?

Thanks.

A:Dell will not start, power adapter okay

Try removing the battery and starting the laptop using only the AC adapter. If you still get nothing, the motherboard is most likely bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-will-not-start-power-adapter-okay.154281/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi, this is my first post and I have never used any other forum so i hope I'm diong things the right way.

I have a Dell Optiplex Gx280 and it won't start, an amber light is flashing in the power button. I have read the manual and it states the following:

If the power light is blinking amber ?

The computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.

Ensure that the voltage selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location (if applicable).
Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board.

I did both things but it still does'nt power up.

I opened the comptuer and the stand by power light is on, (the one in the system board). I don't know if this is ok.

What else can i do?

Thanks for your help.

Hector

A:Dell Optiplex GX280 won't start, amber light flashing

How long have you had this machine? Is it brand new? If so take it back. If it's not new, what is the last thing you did to your machine? Any modifications? You are not getting any signal. An amber light means it's running but it's not going to show up on the screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx280-wont-start-amber-light-flashing.109649/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I have a compaq presario desktop. It doesn't boot properly but I don't think its a windows problem - as sometimes it doesn't even boot to bios screen - it just sits there with the green light on the base unit .....I am thinking PSU - but not 100% sure - any thoughts ?

A:Compaq Presario doesn't start

How old is this system? If you can, please link us to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-doesnt-start.153484/
Relevancy 17.63%

guys i have a inspiron e laptop with windows vista ultimate original from nearly months sometimes a new desktop screen with windows classic theme appears n some times net connection is also disabled n when i try to refresh the page it shows the location is unavailable i have a bit defender original antivirus n it never showed any virus but i had a small doubt that this is because of virus so i tried to reinstall vista whenever i tried to boot the system with the dvd nothin happened and the system booted in the normal way i checked the boot options everything was alright so i tried to install after loading windows even then most of the time the dvd drive wasn t reading the dvd n showed no disc the dvd is in perfect condition with not even a single scratch n its working fine in all other laptops on top of that all other dvds are working fine n the prob is only with the windows dvd this made me think that the virus is preventing me from installing windows sometimes the vista dvd worked but once i try to select the location where to install windows it shows nothing to doesnt laptop Inspiron start e1505 select n something like no location is available so finally i removed the hard disk n formatted it by connecting to the usb port of another laptop using some connector n again placed in my laptop n tried to install vista again this time it showed boot manager missing n the dvd never loaded earlier once in a while it worked now everything is gone this is my mom s laptop n she s very angry now i need to get it to working condition soon i m feeling very bad what exactly is the prob with my laptop Inspiron e1505 laptop doesnt start and how can i rectify it can some one help Inspiron e1505 laptop doesnt start me plzzzzzzzzz much thanks nitin nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-e1505-laptop-doesnt-start.151812/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Im not really sure if im posting this is or System-start to load boot-start drivers Nvatabus fails the right place or not Im so sorry if im not Here is a list of my computer specs Operating System Windows XP Professional Service Pack BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB Nvatabus boot-start or System-start drivers fails to load used MB available DirectX Version DirectX c DxDiag Version bit Unicode My problem is everytime i go to watch any type of video on youtube or other websites like that the video will freeze i will still hear sound then my computer will lock up eventually blue screening i went to my system reports and found that i was having a nvatabus error so i deleted everything to do with my nvidia card and reinstalled fresh still having this same issue I dont know what else to do everything else on my computer thats graphic heavy runs just fine i even play a game called second life in that game we Nvatabus boot-start or System-start drivers fails to load can watch movies streamed thru quicktime and i can watch those just fine I hope theres somebody out there that can help me thank you for reading nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvatabus-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-fails-to-load.151792/
Relevancy 18.06%

i have lenovo g550 laptop........for two days i didnt used it and kept it aside.........later when i tried to use it it didnt start i removed its battery and checked but nothin worked but after hour and half it started suddenly.......i used it then for abt 3 hous and it worked fine........the next day i had similar problem but this time it started bit quicker than before..... i offed and oned several times and it worked fine.....next day i had same problem again......is it a hardware problem or just moisture does it........ whats the remedy?

A:Laptop does not start instantly

Are you shutting it down, or putting it into sleep/hibernate?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-does-not-start-instantly.151382/
Relevancy 18.49%

So 2 days ago after i finished cleaning my pc i tried to turn on my pc and it started working up the the bios but crashed and each time i tried to start it again it would last less and less coming to the point that it wouldn't start.
i changed the power button and the motherboard ( and the cpu and all the coolers )and it still won't turn on. I tried to remove the graphics card and it starts working for a period of 5 seconds after it shuts down .I'm wondering if the power suply is causing this problem ? ( the led on the 1/0 on the power suply is flickering )

A:PC won't start!

Why did you get a new mobo and CPU without first testing the PSU? If nothing you tried above worked then it should be the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-start.150319/
Relevancy 17.63%

So here is my problem... Amagine there is a storm comming so either the storm shuts the power in the house or I do becouse of keeping my computer safe from storm damage... The point is if i take the computers power for that much time that inner light on motherboard(The one thats alway on if computer is pluged in) shuts off (like 3 seconds) my computer wont start the vents and cooler spinn a few times than its off so I always keep pressing the button for 5-10 minutes( I know you wold say I should wait that time and then press it I tryed leaving it pluged for an hour and I stell had to do that 5-10 minutes pressin the big red button...) So not that im inpatient but im vorryed that maby once it wont eaven start up.

Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Predo50

A:Computer doesn't start if it is unplugged for some time

I'd suggest taking the side off and looking at the motherboard. Look at the capacitors (cylinders with silver tops) are any of them bulged/domed?

If not, I'd suggest replacing the power supply.

Can you supply more information about your computer, such as make/model or specifications?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-if-it-is-unplugged-for-some-time.150169/
Relevancy 17.63%

So i have a mix it has a n1996 mobo 2x2 gig stick's of ram 9500 geforce 1gig graphics a dual core processor 2.2 ghz 160 gig laptop hard drive.

When i looked up the mobo it isnt the same as the one i have it is basically the same but i have sata connections and ide not all ide like the model say's also it say's max ram 1 gig which i thought this might be my problem only thing is i used it for about half hour surfing the net installing programs as i just reformatted this computer. any ideas

Also i get a single short beep upon start up.

A:Computer gets to Windows start screen and dies

Oh i guess i should let you know what i have tried.
I have striped the computer completely reset the cpu cleaned everything out new power supply
4 or 5 difrent hard drives including the one in this comp which works fine. cables ive tried now here is the wierd part i put to 256 mb sticks of ram in from this comp which work i am using now and my screen would not even come on im thinking it is the ram some how but the 2 gig sticks are brand new.just want to narrow it down before i go buy a 1 gig stick and try that also in my bios it say's something about 3.25 gig's of ram under 4gigs and only 3.2 is available dont understand that. also some times when it freezes i can see different colors which made me think maybe the processor as well over heating or something maybe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-gets-to-windows-start-screen-and-dies.150100/
Relevancy 18.49%

computer will not boot but it buzzes intermittently for about a minute and the monitor remains black

A:Dell XPS 400 won't start

that's not a whole lot of information for us to analyze...

how long has the system been doing this; what was the last thing you changed before you started having problems? did you recently install a new hard drive or memory kit? we'll need a little more info before we can give you any recommendations. ususally, a bad power supply or video adapter is to blame for no video, so your best bet would be to try the monitor on another system as a quick test.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-400-wont-start.149521/
Relevancy 18.06%

Sir/Ma'am,

After start-up there is no internet connection, but when you wait for a several minutes or if you restart the computer there will be an internet connection. Since my IP Addresses of my PC's are manually configured the connection in the task bar says "Status : connected", but no internet connection. I've been using a TP-Link TL-R402M router and D-Link DES-1016D switch hub for six months. Now i'm checking the cables that are connected to my switch hub.

Are there any solutions regarding this problem?.
Please help.

Thanks and best regards,
Artheus

A:No internet connection after start-up

reinstall the ethernet card drivers for your pc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-after-start-up.149010/
Relevancy 18.06%

OK! soo there is a question that has been bothering me for about half a year. One day I was gonna go to my friend on a lan-party. When I plugged everything correctly and exactly the same as home, my computer didn't start. The fans were spinning and everything but the screen was dead and the USB-ports didn't work.(Tried with different cables and sockets and everything). Then I come home the following day and plugg it in at home, it worked. A month later the same thing happens again at the same friends place. Now it have randomly rebooted a couple of times after that at home and the same problem happened after that. But not resently. What the heck can be the problem! need help so I know if i have to spend money on a new power-supply or what.. TY!

A:A problem beyond sense, my computer won't start!

Clean your PC (memory, cpu fan, all cards cable connections), check if its overheating. Also try a replacement BIOS battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-problem-beyond-sense-my-computer-wont-start.148230/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi

It was yesterday when my laptop had beer splashed on the keyboard. When I tried to turn it on, the AC adapter LED started flashing and laptop could not light its power LED. I disconnected the laptop from AC power supply and this time the AC adapter LED stopped flashing.

Please help.
Thank you in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron 3800 won't start up after beer splashed onto the keyboard

sounds stuffed to me...

unless you are compentent in circuit level repair its gonna have to go into the shop for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3800-wont-start-up-after-beer-splashed-onto-the-keyboard.148590/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am the lucky one moving to Vancouver. I brought my German desktop with me.

It has a MoBo Asus m3n78 pro gf8300

It worked perfecty fine back in Germany, however now it does not even give me a single beep anymore although the CPU fan works. I removed the graphic card ati amd radeon 4870, HD, DVD... everything. Changed the DDR RAM-2 slots as well.

However fan continues working, but not furhter booting signs like monitor remains off or as said not even a beep from MoBo. I cannot even switch it off anymore, hence I need to unplug.

Any clue how to mitigate?

Help is very much appreciated!
rauletti

A:PC will not start after move to Canada

I Think You Meant to Say........

"PC will not start after move to Canada........EY...:rolleyes:

You should probably try substituting the PSU with a known good one if possible, and reseat all the RAM modules, plugs, video card, and anything else you can think of that could have shaken loose, or become corroded.

Sometimes PSUs can fail if they're inoperative for a while, mostly the capicitors not being cycled, I think.

Be sure to take anti-static precautions, such as and anti-static wrist band, and ground yourself before you put your hands in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-not-start-after-move-to-canada.148107/
Relevancy 18.06%

This up no start No video beeps, on just started today I updated to windows a few days ago and all was going fine I shut my computer down though I thought last night and when I woke up this morning it was still on the logging out page so I shut it down from the switch I restarted it later on in the day and got no beeps on start up and no video I took it all apart cleaned it including the monitor and it No beeps, no video on start up worked for a few hours During a download my computer shut down and when I turned it back on it said it was over heating so I shut it down again waited a No beeps, no video on start up few hours and now I m not getting beeps on start up or video This has become very frustrating for me I can t tell No beeps, no video on start up you much about the computer because all the info is on it I can tell you that I have a MSI mobo intel processor and it has gb ram I hope someone can help me resolve this issue Thank you nbsp

A:No beeps, no video on start up

How old is this system? Is this prebuilt like an HP, Dell, etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-beeps-no-video-on-start-up.147965/
Relevancy 17.63%

Please someone help. I have 2 WinXP machines. Both were recently infected with a virus. Since the virus removal both machines boot up fine with no problems. However the DHCP client service will not start automatically on both machines even though they are both set to start automatically in services. All dependencies are starting. I've tried the winsock repair via dos command, application and registry and each time I restart the computers, the DHCP client still does not start automatically. I have to start it manually after the restart and it works fine after that. I have to fix these machines for clients and can't expect them to start this service each time they restart their computer. I really need help fixing this. Someone please help! Thanks in advance!

A:Need help! DHCP Client Service will not start automatically

Assuming the machines are malware free now, you're probably best to try a repair install (after you first create a backup image clone of the drive)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-dhcp-client-service-will-not-start-automatically.147698/
Relevancy 18.06%

we have a Toshiba satellite computer with vista. when we start the computer, before it gets to the microsoft startup we get a loud continuous beep. if we use the F8 key we get by this problem and the computer starts and runs but we get a chatter where the "3" key keeps repeating and/or the cursor drops to the last item on any drop-down? Any idea what this is?

A:Loud continuous beep at start up

This could be a BIOS Beep Code that is pointing to your hardware issue. Find the BIOS your system runs and check out this link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loud-continuous-beep-at-start-up.147579/