Windows Support Forum

Cant Start up

Q: Cant Start up

Help me please my laptop Brand Nec is Cant up Start Wont start up and my laptop is not have a cd rom that is why I cant boot it when I turn it on it said We apologize etc just like below when I choose Start windows normaly It cause a Bluescreen and it turn it off again Somebody help me please Im tired to make Cant Start up my laptop okey This the writen on the black screen We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice Seconds until Windows starts Help me please please I trust you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant Start up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cant Start up

Can you get into the Safe Mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-start-up.204505/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi There I'm getting the errors below and but I have not got any BSOD The errors I'm getting in nbsp eventviewer are Pku ulog failed to start xC-- Negolog failed to start IDListenLog failed to start P PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start all with the same failure code xC-- This is what the logs files says about each error Pku ulog Unknown GUID c a fb- a -d - -dc e a No Format Information found p plog Unknown GUID fc d ca -e c - c-be -e e a bbf No Format Information found negolog Unknown GUID f- f start, failed to Negolog and all P2PLog to Errors failed start, 0xC-- Pku2ulog HomegroupLog 0xC--35, failure to 35. start, to with failed start code IDListenLog the failed same start to failed a- -ddb - ab ad d No Format Information found idlistenlog Unknown GUID a f-b - - aa- ef No Format Information found homegrouplog Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35. Unknown GUID f a a- - ede-ff b-dd dafeed No Format Information found However the 'Unknown xx ' number changes times to times Could you help me please Thank you very much for your attention Best Regards

A:Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35.

Hi,
If you have Home group set up, please go to Control Panel ? Network and Sharing Center. Choose homegroup and sharing options and click ?Leave the homegroup?.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15c580c0-cbfd-48aa-b058-2de145336920/errors-pku2ulog-failed-to-start-0xc35-negolog-failed-to-start-idlistenlog-failed-to-start?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 29.67%

My mother in law has a toshiba satellite p -s and this morning she told me there was a toshiba update I was on her laptop yesterday and saw there was an update for her bios so I'm assuming she clicked start start won't either can't start repair after Laptop up update, the update button and messed the update up somehow Now when we try to boot the laptop it'll go straight to the windows error recovery screen Laptop won't start after update, can't start start up repair either with the options to start normally or start the start up repair Choosing start up repair loads the files and the bar fills up at the bottom of the screen then the screen goes black with no mouse and it doesn't do anything else from there Choosing to start windows normally starts the normal boot with the windows logo but as soon as it starts it freezes there It shows quot Starting windows quot And two of the dots that spin around to form the logo appear but as soon as the two dots appear that's when it freezes She didn't completely break her laptop did she

A:Laptop won't start after update, can't start start up repair either

In some cases windows Recovery disks may help.

Here is the link for Windows 7 x86 edition :

http://www.forum.probz.net/index.php...vironment-iso/

Click the download button on the page and then burn the iso file to a Cd-r medium.

But if Win7 recovery cd is not of help ,in that case Live CD 's come to aid.

Here is the list of linux livecd's :

Linux | The LiveCD List

Booting via a livecd (free Linux distributions) needed files can be recovered and copied
to external mediums and system afterwards can be re-setup.

Linux livecd can be burned onto a dvd-r /cd-r disk or to an usb flash memory.USB is faster and better
of course.

Laptops like Toshiba have recovery partitions in many cases, and a special recovery
option is provided upon bootup.(F9 - F10 likewise..)

hope your problem gets solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265346-laptop-wont-start-after-update-cant-start-start-up-repair-either.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I m having in Vista I was trying to navigate to a webpage in Chrome and then webpages started to up Windows Vista. error Start message producing to Unable recovery start refuse to load past a Unable to start Windows Vista. Start up recovery producing error message certain point e g the tab would show the page s title but the tab itself would be entirely blank When this happened my computer started to freeze for periods of time after which it would do whatever I had told it to e g I clicked the quot x quot to close Chrome which it did after several minutes for about a second then freeze again I Unable to start Windows Vista. Start up recovery producing error message decided to restart the PC by holding down the power button When I turned the PC back on I got the screen saying that one or more of my disks needed to be checked for errors but I told it to skip the disk check bad idea I know but I was in a terrible mood at the time and wasn t thinking too straight The computer then froze on that screen so I restarted it again After restarting it the startup repair program ran as Windows would not start and took a while checking for errors before asking whether I want to run system restore which I do After running system restore it gives me an error message saying quot The instruction at x e e referenced memory at x The memory could not be read quot I then click on quot OK quot and the computer goes to a screen with six recovery tools on it Startup Repair System Restore Windows Complete PC Restore Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Command Prompt and Recovery Manager Startup repair just does the same thing as I ve described above and when I run System Restore it gives me an error message saying that System Restore did not complete successfully with these details quot System restore failed due to an unspecified error The file exists x quot Now I have since restarted my PC again and gotten both error messages again The first number in the first error message seems to change it originally said quot x e e quot but the second time it was quot x e quot but the other numbers stay the same the second one in the first error message is always quot x quot and the number in the system restore error message is always quot x quot The PC in question is an HP laptop running Windows Vista which is up to date I have also run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool which did not find any errors Do you have any ideas as to what the problem is and how to solve it Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to start Windows Vista. Start up recovery producing error message

Do you get Blue Screens when this happens?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-windows-vista-start-up-recovery-producing-error-message.158598/
Relevancy 26.66%

Sorry if this has already been answered wrong place I looked at Google but thought I double check here since the solutions via Google seem to be refering to a different OS to mine First of Windows Vista SP bit Now sometimes and boot-start following system-start driver(s) or i8042prt load: failed to The not now since I am writing this my Keyboard Mouse just stops working It freezes completely and I am unable to use it and am hence required to restart the computer This happens at random occasions but it usually involves opening some program or what not I noticed a prominent pattern that the mouse keyboard The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt freezes whenever I go to speedtest com measure my speed and then once the download speed bar is finished and upload is about to begin my computer freezes I had a look at my event viewer and noticed this The following boot-start The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt or system-start driver s failed to load i prt Now The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt I am not sure whether this appears at the start and then once I run a program or do something like go on speedtest com the commuter then freezes i e my mouse keyboard is non-responsive or the error message comes up after my computer freezes but any help in fixing this mouse keyboard freezing would be very grateful The solution to fixing this problem I founds was to go to Registry editor and change the Start D word from to but I noticed some saying to delete it completely and yet other sources to change it from to and yet even others to change something that I don't even have under that folder If I was to tamper with the reg information is it possible that I wont ever get access to my keyboard mouse My worry is that I might change some value so that I will have no way of getting to the computer with the keyboard mouse I am not good with bios and would not be able to get help on the internet since I can't connect So if I can get specific instructions for my system in how to fix this keyboard mouse issue that would be much appreciated Also if you think the freezes might be the cause of something else please feel free to suggest Friends have told me that it might even have to do with software that is not bit vista compatible might be stuffing up when running in the background I followed this advice and went on to remove norton superantispyware and ulead from my system but I am not sure what else there could be to remove Cheers and sorry for the long post

A:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: i8042prt

Originally Posted by Petze

The solution to fixing this problem I founds was to go to Registry editor and change the Start D word from 1 to 4 (but I noticed some saying to delete it completely and yet other sources to change it from 1 to 0 and yet even others to change something that I don't even have under that folder). If I was to tamper with the reg information, is it possible that I wont ever get access to my keyboard/mouse? My worry is that I might change some value so that I will have no way of getting to the computer with the keyboard/mouse (I am not good with bios) and would not be able to get help on the internet since I can't connect!

It is bad idea

DWORD Start may have following values

0 -boot ,1 -system ,2- auto ,3 -demand, 4 -disabled. Surly if you'll set to 4 you lose access to keyboard and mouse.Don't modify anything.Find folder C:\Windows\Minidump pack it and attache to post.If Minidump folder is empty use verifier tool to diagnose wrong drivers read here:http://www.vistax64.com/973966-post8.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/252583-following-boot-start-system-start-driver-s-failed-load-i8042prt.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Guys, I'm running Windows XP and recently when I turn on my PC it makes a single beeb and then seems to run OK.

Tonight, I was running Firefox and the system seemed to slow, before becoming completely unresponsive. I had Task Manager open at the time, however when I tried to shut Firefox down the PC started bleeping like mad and I was forced to do a hard shut down.

I waited about 1 minute and then rebooted and immedietly went into the Error log and found the following entry:

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: StarOpen"

I tried Googling a fix with no luck and I can't find StarOpen in the Services, Apps or Program files. Nor could I find it listed in the Device Manager or the Boot-start list in msconfig.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-driver-s-failed-to-load-staropen.865557/
Relevancy 26.66%

Everytime I start Windows, I see the following error in Event Viewer:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 
VBoxNetAdp

A:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: VBoxNetAdp

Do you have Virtual Box or Avast antivirus installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627589/the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load-vboxnetadp/
Relevancy 26.66%

Ok I will copy and paste the message:

aswSP
spldr
Wanarpv6

I found it in vista event viewer. I am currently running vista in safe mode and dont really want to restart the pc. This is my first post on these forums and they look great. SO please help!

MY PC Specs:
2 (1x1) gb RAM
1.6Ghz CEL E1200 Dual Core CPU
Vista Ultimate
CD Driver
256MB GFX Card
Nothing else you really need to know

A:VIsta The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

Could be spyware.

I would run a Trendmicro free scan.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/161812-vista-following-boot-start-system-start-driver-s-failed-load.html
Relevancy 26.66%

It keeps Restarting and doesnt ever let me get to my desktop to perform a system restore, then there is a blue screen of death with stop code 0x00000ed....I don't know what to do please help me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-dell-inspiron-8200-wont-start-up-cant-even-start-in-safe-mode-639076.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello All,
I was wondering how to add the applications appearing on Windows 10 Start Menu to Windows Start Screen, that too in a specific location on the start screen, with a specific tile size and under a specific application group? Do you think it's feasible? I know it's easily done interactively by right clicking the start menu app and pinning it to Start but this has to done for the enterprise users so would like to see if the task could be accomplished using a GPO or Script.
Kind Regards,
sK

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/32193-create-start-screen-tiles-applications-appears-start-menu.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I ve been having trouble for a little while now But just when I started up I got something that worried me a little more refer to attachment Lately the Programs listed in the Start tab will not open I have to open the Task Manager file not behavior Start in Errors, start, more. Computer freaky will Programs and to start my files Also as of late when I try to organize files such as photos and such they act funny and jerk around to other spots This happens with both single and Computer Errors, Programs in Start will not start, freaky file behavior and more. multiple files and it also occurs within the Bookmarks tab I use Firefox Sometimes even my text will go out of order in the text box it just occurred within the Topic Title box I also have another dilemma After I bootup and login I always get a box that talks about a search interface in dynamiclinklibrary wlanapi dlll I m almost positive it has to do with D-Link my home networking but I m not sure what to do it started after I installed Service Pack I will get a screenshot on the next bootup the popup mentioned above distracted me from getting it And more these are taken from a previous topic of mine that was closed because I thought I had a virus problem I m pretty sure it s gone now so I ll post it Whenever I have a bunch of tabs open or when one of the tabs is especially slow my computer will shut right down and flash the blue screen This happens all the time and sometimes a couple times a day Whenever I boot up afterwards it says that my computer has recovered from a serious system error That serious system error has probably happened at least a hundred times now and I m sick of it It started popping up a while ago when I had a Google redirection virus which has since been gotten rid of And lastly when I go on blogs on Firefox many of the links show as characters not words It s frustrating I installed some kind of Japanese language thing a while back it may be related to that -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have so many frustrating things going on with my computer I doubt I can solve all of the problems and some may be more urgent than the rest but I ll appreciate any help I can get on any of these problems

A:Computer Errors, Programs in Start will not start, freaky file behavior and more.

<<I've been having trouble for a little while now.>>

<<And more, these are taken from a previous topic of mine that was closed because I thought I had a virus problem, I'm pretty sure it's gone now...>>

If you really believe that the malware problem is gone...why are you posting details about it now? OTOH...if you have malware issues, we need to move this from the XP forum to those who are qualified to deal with malware issues.

Have you tried a clean install of XP...to try to focus on the source of your system problems?

That would also pretty much eliminate the possibility of malware carryover.

System manufacturer and model, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339510/computer-errors-programs-in-start-will-not-start-freaky-file-behavior-and-more/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'll try to describe what i did before i got this problem I have RealOne player and when i started it today i had to update it it was kb update and when it was finished an automatic install process had started but don't know if it was from real one player and at the middle of the installation Kaspersky Internet Security popped up with a warning that there is a trojan in some web adress i dont remember which because it wasn't like an ordinary name of web address but im sure it's name was starting with http I clicked deny on the virus and soon my explorer exe closed and then automatically started again but then it closed again and so on until i restarted my computer When i clicked on my user account the explorer exe again closed and the same process again then i - end task explorer exe on Windows Task Manager and it didn't start anymore So using Task Manager i started Firefox and here im writing my problem without desktop toolbar start menu without icons and if i start explorer with Task manager two processes start at the same time explorer exe and imapi exe And then first impai exe closes first i see that in the Task Manager and after imapi exe explorer exe closes automatically Hope i will get HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I CAN'T WORK WITHOUT EXPLORER EXEI was able to start HijackThis through TaskManager and did a scan so here it is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Or Doesnt Needed Possible Explorer.exe Soon Trojan As Start Help Other Possible. At Start, Windows As Virus. Platform Windows Explorer.exe Doesnt Start At Windows Start, Possible Trojan Or Other Virus. Help Needed As Soon As Possible. XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeD Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System taskmgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis hijackthis exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS System imapi exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Explorer.exe Doesnt Start At Windows Start, Possible Trojan Or Other Virus. Help Needed As Soon As Possible. amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Dealio - E C F -A A- F C- FEC-FD DC A F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Protection Bar - D BAA- BD - C -BE B- BD BD F - no file O - Toolbar Google Web Accelerator - DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Explorer Breadcrumbs - A EB EC-D B - DC - AF- C A EBE F - C Program Files Minimalist Explorer Explorer.exe Doesnt Start At Windows Start, Possible Trojan Or Other Virus. Help Needed As Soon As Possible. Breadcrumbs BCToolbar dllO - Toolbar My amp Web Search - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - no file O - Toolbar no name - C DD -C DE- - C -BA F D BC - no file O - Toolbar Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run TkBell... Read more

A:Explorer.exe Doesnt Start At Windows Start, Possible Trojan Or Other Virus. Help Needed As Soon As Possible.

OMG, Someone help ME PLEASE. I DON'T HAVE DESKTOP PEOPLE. PLEASE PLEASE.......

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142510/explorerexe-doesnt-start-at-windows-start-possible-trojan-or-other-virus-help-needed-as-soon-as-possible/
Relevancy 26.66%

After only just having one problem solved on here I have encountered another and I think it is fairly problematic but am far from understanding it root I system - 32 my PC start start file Windows - cant wont missing - please help I downloaded the new version of Internet Explorer version as this was an option when I signed onto the web this afternoon I previously had IE and am running Windows XP version But after downloading this I had trouble getting onto the net though I seemed to be able to initially So I restarted the PC But it did not restart Instead I get the following message on a I cant start my PC - Windows wont start - missing root system 32 file plain black screen when I try to run my computer Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file What is this file I have an Acer Aspire notebook which came installed with Windows XP Version I have no CD drive currently I have looked on the microsoft website I am currently on a different PC but dont understand anything that is posted on their about this problem Do I need to re-install a new operating system Will this mean I will loose all my data that is on my computer This is very precious to me as I am travelling and I have saved on my computer photos and diary entries - I would be very upset to loose them What is my best course of action Should I take it to a specialist Again I really hope I can prevent the information that I did have saved on there from being deleted Thankyou to anyone who can assist nbsp

A:I cant start my PC - Windows wont start - missing root system 32 file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-start-my-pc-windows-wont-start-missing-root-system-32-file.845375/
Relevancy 26.66%

My Surface Pro 4 is I month old. Always started right up Suddenly won't start even when plugged in overnight. Are there any techniques for correcting?

A:My Surface Pro 4 won't start. All of a sudden I push Start Button and nothing. Plugged in overnight.

Hi! Welcome to Windows Central! Here's some suggestions from MS that might help! If not, I would think you are still in warranty
If you need more help, please join the forum! http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=WKd69as4 Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444129-my-surface-pro-4-wont-start-all-sudden-i-push-start-button-nothing-plugged-overnight.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Monday couldn't boot up PC, had to go to system recovery and restore to previous day.

Log files show below that 4 things failed to load.

Tuesday couldn't boot up PC again.. tried to restart like 4-5 times.. Finally comes up and in the logs there's numerous things that failed to load. Running a sfc /scannow right now.

Any ideas what this could be related to or what is causing it?

A:Solved: Boot-Start or System-Start Drivers failed to load.

MpFilter is a driver associated with Microsoft Security Essentials... It looks like that was causing issues. Windows Updates had an update for it.. So I downloaded update.. Restared and it worked fine. Removed MS Security Essentials and installed Symantec istead.

Working for the time being...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load.1044221/
Relevancy 26.66%

Each time I boot my computer, I receive the follow message in the Event Viewer System Log File:

KmxAMRT

Here is the information that I see when I sent it to the Microsoft Support and Help Center

Product:Windows Operating SystemID:7026Source:Service Control ManagerVersion:5.2Symbolic Name:EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILEDMessage:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

What I believe is happening is that all though I uninsulated CA's Anti virus package and installed Microsoft's Security Essentials, not all the CA software was removed.

Help in getting rid of this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Larry

A:[SOLVED] The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

Hi

See this document:
Uninstall failed

Select the correct CA product you had, download the Removal script and run.
Hopefully this will remove the CA Suite from your PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-driver-s-failed-to-load-599236.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I checked through the Event log in Administrator tools.
I got the following error: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: BANTExt

What is it?

I googled BANTExt and found out it's BelArc Advisor. Is it true?

How do I stop this error?

A:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: BANTExt

Yes, BANText.sys is the Belarc Advisor system driver file.It is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry everytime Windows starts.To prevent the error you would need to find and remove that entry in the registry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391114/the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load-bantext/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Im not really sure if im posting this is or System-start to load boot-start drivers Nvatabus fails the right place or not Im so sorry if im not Here is a list of my computer specs Operating System Windows XP Professional Service Pack BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB Nvatabus boot-start or System-start drivers fails to load used MB available DirectX Version DirectX c DxDiag Version bit Unicode My problem is everytime i go to watch any type of video on youtube or other websites like that the video will freeze i will still hear sound then my computer will lock up eventually blue screening i went to my system reports and found that i was having a nvatabus error so i deleted everything to do with my nvidia card and reinstalled fresh still having this same issue I dont know what else to do everything else on my computer thats graphic heavy runs just fine i even play a game called second life in that game we Nvatabus boot-start or System-start drivers fails to load can watch movies streamed thru quicktime and i can watch those just fine I hope theres somebody out there that can help me thank you for reading nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvatabus-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-fails-to-load.151792/
Relevancy 26.66%

kan ikke komme ind i start og.log af der mangler ting på Proceslinien bla.ur mm.der sker intet når jeg trykker på flaget og tingene på forsiden er væk.jeg har windows10 først kunne den ikke holde på det trådløse net .nu er det dette.kan det være noget med PCR7 BaceBoard

A:start knap duer ikke (translated start button will not work)

For Others. Here is a poor auto translation from Danish:===========================================can not get into the start URog.log of missing things on your task bar bla. clock URmm.der happens nothing when I press on the flag and the things on the front is URvæk.jeg have windows10 first could not hold on to the wireless network. now it is URdette.kan it be something with PCR7 BaceBoard===========================================Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/start-knap-duer-ikke-translated-start-button-will-not-work/374.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Briefly My old system hasn t been powered on for about a year Problem was the onboard video failed I think Recently replaced failed system-start following load: to or The boot-start 7026: drivers Amdk7 Event it with a video card from another system riva TNT and bought some memory system wouldn t boot determined that Event 7026: The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: Amdk7 the memory was bad Now the system booted but win K wouldn t work No problem I have XP now After multiple error during the xp install I finally got through it only the computer will only boot in safe mode Initially thought it was a hardare conflict so I booted in safe mode with networking and systematically cleared all the yellow in device manager Still will not boot normally Checked event log got the following error Event The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load Amdk fips Searched the net found a M support about it http support microsoft com kbid couldn t find amdk sys but managed to update the driver over the net now its there yet I get the same error I did the regedit described but no folder called quot parameters quot Made one didn t work deleted the value added the key to my available folder didn t work I m at wits end I ve been working on this off and on for a month Can anyone help with this one nbsp

A:Event 7026: The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: Amdk7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-7026-the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load-amdk7.448950/
Relevancy 26.66%

Major network problems Been scouring the web for the NativeWifi Filter drivers for windows Cannot start my WLAN to error auto unable install/start Filter WLAN NativeWifi cannot config start - 1068. Auto Config WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start Service due to NativeWifi Filter not installed WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start unable to start It keeps giving me an error saying that it doesn't exist so I restarted and now it's not even listed in the non plug-and-play section in device manager with hidden devices shown had no problem starting up NDIS Usermode I O Portal as per advice in other threads where it is stated to start BOTH NDIS Usermode etc AND NativeWifi Filter But mine has somehow disappeared from the list and would not start before that point It was a code IIRC quot The device is not present is nor not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot - pulled that from another service that does not work Qos Packet Scheduler is also not functioning where I got the error from which is the same as I WAS getting with NativeWifi Filter If anyone has the drivers to either of these that would be greatly appreciated as I cannot use the net on my computer so am using my brothers for anything internet related atm Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-auto-config-cannot-start-error-1068-nativewifi-filter-unable-to-install-start-472239.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

Has anyone ran into the Event ID in the Title?
(Event ID: 7026, Message: The Following boot-start or System-start Driver(s) failed to load: TMEBC)

The user is getting CHKDSK every time they boot up the machine and it fails within seconds of it starting.
I removed the Scheduled task under the AutoChk area in the Task Scheduler.

Anyone have anything on this driver or able to assist?

Zach

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d6be5bc-d8c7-4e71-81fd-eccd4b348180/event-id-7026-message-the-following-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load-tmebc?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 26.66%

my friend bought a computer for and when he got home he couldnt get nothing the Solved: start start over? Windows ?? got I my friend shaft- XP finish-how can't do but the start of Windows xp on Solved: Windows ?? my friend got the shaft- XP start can't finish-how do I start over? it I know he already feels pretty bad about not checking it out first anyway He wanted to no if I could help him so I told him I would trry Here s whats going on Solved: Windows ?? my friend got the shaft- XP start can't finish-how do I start over? It is a compaq computer and when I got it there was a disk in it that soimeone eveidently tried to burn windows xp pro on but didn t do it right The computer Solved: Windows ?? my friend got the shaft- XP start can't finish-how do I start over? comes on and says it is continueing setup then wants the xp disk but when you put it in it says it is missing all the files and I don t think this guy had a product niumber or nothing anyway my friend got screwed Here s what I would like to do How do I take off what is already on the computer the start of xp like by using fdisk or somethning and then I am going to put windows on the computer for him If I can fdisk it to repartition and format then use my windows cd-rom I guess I have to get to the BIOS somehow to get it to boot to the floppy drive so I can get fdisk up if so how do I get to the BIOS cause youi turn on the computer and it goes through some stuff then goes to the setup again but cannot finish because of the problems I listed above I want to no how to wipe it all off and start over to put the windows on Can someone help nbsp

A:Solved: Windows ?? my friend got the shaft- XP start can't finish-how do I start over?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-my-friend-got-the-shaft-xp-start-cant-finish-how-do-i-start-over.440844/
Relevancy 26.66%

Just purchased a laptop for the wife with windows 8.1 & trying to understand it

I set up live mail 2012 as her email service & pinned it to the taskbar. But when she clicks the mail tile from the start screen it ask for an account & does not start the correct program. The same is true of IE tile from the start screen....it does not start up the correct home page as the the one pinned to the task bar.............what gives?

A:mail app from start screen doesn't start default program

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly: the Mail tile is it's own app, not a short cut, and needs to be set-up. You do not need to install Windows Live Mail any more. I've been using the Mail app a couple of months now, after using WLM on Windows 7 for years, and find it way better. All your Email accounts get their own screen so there is less confusion when your reading/writing mails with different accounts.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/59098-mail-app-start-screen-doesnt-start-default-program.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Switched to the XP-ish Classic Start Menu, plus Adjust for Best Performance, in the usual prescribed way, no third-party interface-modifiers. All looks & works fine except that the Start button itself looks like TWO buttons -- one atop the other and just slightly out of alignment (screenshot here).

Nothing?s malfunctioning, but it sure looks silly. I haven?t done anything unusual, apart from docking the taskbar on the right side of the screen. What could be causing this, and how can I un-cause it? Would Classic Shell fix this?

Grateful for any clues.

A:Classic Start Menu: Start Button appears doubled

Which classic start menu software are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/183732-classic-start-menu-start-button-appears-doubled.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Dell E Intell Pentium D g memory WinXP I have been having a problem starting my computer from the tower Called Dell the first time but it just orange Can't flashing has light start start, tower on button, happened to start up while I was talking to them They said I probably pushed the button on a slant Well it has happened twice since I shut down normally last night Can't start, tower has flashing orange light on start button, amp this morning pushed the start button made sure I wasn t quot slanted quot same thing I get a flashing orange light and then a voice that says quot Press repeat button to receive setup instructions quot Where is a repeat button I have held the start button in for a minimum of minutes but it won t shut off Pulled power amp let it sit for min amp tried again flashing orange So I just let it continue flashing and this time it finally shut off Went to start again walla it started Now this is the third time and I am afraid the next time it won t start ever Someone out there able to help Was surprised at Dell trying to sell me tech help in North America so I could get faster response time amp a North American This was before they would start to answer my question nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

Please note I did do a quick search and looked for anything on the first page that seemed similar if not exactly the same as this If I m re-posting something that s been solved in the past I apologize Reason for putting this on a forum is so that others may find the answer through google Date Source Service Control Manager Time pm Category None Type Error Event ID User N A Laptop Hp pavilion dv failed Boot-start load: system-start or drivers to nr gig Ram dual core ghz processor internal drives sata C GB X GB The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AliIde PCIIde Pcmcia ViaIde Details Product Windows Operating System ID Source Service Control Manager Version Component System Event Log Symbolic Name EVENT BOOT SYSTEM DRIVERS FAILED Message The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load I d like to know if this would specifically cause a boot-up to run into a Bad Pool Header as it loads the operating system What I find odd is if I shut it off hard and cut it back on it ll load just fine the second time Should I just email HP and ask for the specific drivers information and downloads The reason I suppose the information would help is I ve used the recovery disc in the past and reinstalled drivers I was pretty certain I got them all but I was wondering if just maybe Boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: I didn t put them in the right spot hence the second boot working Any information or help regarding this would be greatly appreciated EDIT Hp support told me that those drivers are OS related I wasn t aware of that until Boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: they told me In short they said try running a repair using your windows recovery disc I don t have the operating system disc and it should be fixed I ll be trying that tonight and if it works I ll mark this as solved The link they provided with Boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: step by step instructions on how to repair the OS is as follows http www windowsreinstall com winxppro installxpcdrepair indexfullpage htm Well I ve run into a problem the tech support for hp told me my recovery disc would have a repair option It doesn t so I want to know can I use an old Windows XP home edition installation disc to repair my Windows media center operating system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load.640586/
Relevancy 26.66%

In the right panel of the Start Menu, you have a link to your user profile, documents, my computer, pictures, music, etc. However, if you enable the predefined links by customizing the Start Menu, they seem to appear in a predefined order that you can't change by simply dragging and dropping. Is there a registry hack to change the order in which they appear? For the sake of argument, let's say I want to move the "Pictures" folder to be the topmost menu item above the link to my user profile.

Also, is there some way to pin a folder to the Start Menu, yet have it work like a cascading menu displaying its folder contents?

A:How to reorder the navigation start panel links in Start Menu

Can't be done ... or at least nobody's found a way yet. Too much is set up within the encrypted stylesheets that are the heart of the Windows 7 system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/91505-how-reorder-navigation-start-panel-links-start-menu.html
Relevancy 26.66%

OK so I have a new Dell XPS M notebook running vista home premium and an Intel PRO Wireless ABG and I can't connect to any wireless networks The wireless switch is booted up in the on position I go to windows network diagnostic and start.... won't Service | AutoConfig Windows Wireless WLAN start won't it says that I need to Start Windows Wireless Service but this won't start and I'm simply told quot Windows cannot resolve your problem quot I have found this link Windows Wireless WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... Service - Windows BBS and vista-windows wireless service can't start - TechNet Forums and have attempted this technet fix and changed the reg value WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... from to regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart but this hasn't fixed the issue Similarly I have found this link regarding Zero Configuration How do I start the Wireless Zero Configuration and have gotten the first step done but have stalled at the the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig In Services the service's startup type is set to WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... Automatic but Service status is quot stopped quot When I go to quot Start the Service quot it returns me with an error that Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found The fact this WLAN service won't start is what I think is causing the problem I've searched round and found nothing that can fix the issue Any ideas or suggestions other than re-installing windows or restoring factory settings

A:WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

I have the EXACT same problem (but with a Dell M1530) and have tried the exact same thing with no success. I think I got the problem from an update Microsoft sent me. I have heard the only way to fix it is to reinstall Vista. HELP!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/115911-wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-windows-wireless-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm not sure where to even begin to fix these problems. Some online searches suggested doing a system repair but I want to get some more feedback here before proceeding.

Here is the message from the event log:
AFD
cmdGuard
cmdHlp
CSC
DfsC
discache
ElbyCDIO
inspect
MpFilter
NetBIOS
NetBT
nsiproxy
Psched
rdbss
spldr
tdx
vwififlt
Wanarpv6
WfpLwf

I realized some of these are not Windows 7 related but most are. While the computer "works", I do experience frequent reboots and freezes. Perhaps some of these driver loading failures are part of the cause of my issues. I do have another recent thread here regarding system crashes so I'll leave that alone in this post.

TIA
TaterTot

A:the following boot start or system start drivers failed to load

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7, or a Repair Install would a better first option.

You will have to reinstall the third-party drivers again yourself from their website.

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256357-following-boot-start-system-start-drivers-failed-load.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello there I'm using start-up on Outlook it. find start-up - 2007 opening for entry can't Vista Home Premium service pack bit I noticed the issue Outlook 2007 opening on start-up - can't find start-up entry for it. after a recent update but I'm not sure it's related to that I may need advice on how to track down a program that's starting Outlook Outlook has started running automatically on log in minimized in the start tray I can't find an entry for Outlook or mail in any of the following All Programs gt Startup this is completely empty msconfig gt Startup no entry for Outlook enable or disabled msconfig gt Services regedit gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunOnce gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices gt HKEY LOCAL Outlook 2007 opening on start-up - can't find start-up entry for it. MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServicesOnce gt HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunOnce gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServicesOnce gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows Task Scheduler I'm running AVG unable to find anything regarding starting Outlook there I have run Hijackthis and WinPatrol and can only find a single entry for Outlook when it's already running I've opened Task Manager and when Outlook has started found the Process for it but right-clicking and selecting Go to Service s takes me to the Services tab with nothing highlighted I'm not using Windows Defender Not sure what else might be relevant but at this point I'm fairly certain something else is starting Outlook Any help is appreciated Thanks for reading

A:Outlook 2007 opening on start-up - can't find start-up entry for it.

Hello and Welcome,

You have pretty much covered all the startup locations. One additional place to look would be Task Scheduler. Look at the scheduler in all of your accounts.

Click the globe and in the search box type Task Scheduler. Look for any reference to Office or Outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533821/outlook-2007-opening-on-start-up-cant-find-start-up-entry-for-it/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi guys!!
can anyone help me with my problem? i had a desktop pc. i shut down the computer and when i start it again the desktop icons, taskbar and startbottun does not show anymore.. but fortunately the pc is not hanging. i can still use the task manager in opening some file... please help me!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-icons-taskbar-and-start-bottun-does-not-apper-on-start-up-204197.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello my machine is yrs old and recently I have encountered this problem It started slowly While playing Start screen. and bars up start BSOD pixelation White in up, on League of Legends and Starcraft it would occasionally freeze up the display would become pixelated and I would have to restart my PC I could still hear audio but nothing would respond on screen Now the problem has gotten worse On start up the 'starting windows ' screen will freeze and horizontal white lines will appear and then I will recieve a highly distorted BSOD It said quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot I have used the Bluescreen View utility By Nirsoft which was BSOD on Start up, White bars and pixelation in start up screen. recommended in another post I saw and I have found that the problem is in quot dxgkrnl sys quot quot BSOD on Start up, White bars and pixelation in start up screen. dxgmms sys quot and quot nvlddmkm sys quot I have restored to the earliest system restore point available Please Help Thank You for Responding Note I am using an NVidia gtx gpu

A:BSOD on Start up, White bars and pixelation in start up screen.

There is a high probability that either your Graphics card is defective or overheating, the display distortion is a clear symptom. Ensure proper airflow in your case & blow out any dust blocking the fan of the Graphics Card. The "highly distorted BSOD" suggests that the problem is not software related but rather a hardware defect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242714-bsod-start-up-white-bars-pixelation-start-up-screen.html
Relevancy 26.66%

My brand new Dell laptop keeps losing its active window focus I have tried to pinpoint the problem to a service or startup and did start/stop services from change demand autostart start to or not find anything specific I am now checking the System logs and I see things like The Windows Modules Installer Service changes every couple of seconds its start mode from demand to auto and from auto to demand There are almost changes from one state to the other in minutes The Computer browser service starts stops several times in a few minutes The Multimedia Class Scheduler service starts stops every or minutes Is this normal How do I troubleshoot this Following with my previous post here is from my log just a couple of minutes ago Code Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Information -Jul- AM Service Control Manager None Each one of this is the Multimedia Class Scheduler service that enters the stopped state and the following is the same service entering the running state Here is the full text paste Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date -Jul- AM services start/stop or change from autostart to demand start Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer ET-DELL Description The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the stopped state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider services start/stop or change from autostart to demand start Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt ET-DELL lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Multimedia Class Scheduler lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt stopped lt Data gt lt Binary gt D D F lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date -Jul- AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer ET-DELL Description The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the running state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt ET-DELL lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Multimedia Class Scheduler lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt running lt Data gt lt Binary gt D D F lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date -Jul- AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer ET-DELL Description The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the stopped state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt... Read more

A:services start/stop or change from autostart to demand start

You might want to check in Event Viewer for some clues, but as it's a brand new computer I think you need to contact Dell Support as well.

If you want more information on any particular event, just select the Details tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/176920-services-start-stop-change-autostart-demand-start.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I hope it's kosher to post a link to another post I made in the XP forum (I'm only doing this because someone suggested I do). I dont think I have a virus/malware problem, but maybe someone here will recognize it.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry844517ThanksUPDATE: I just finished running the a-squared command malware tool and all that it came up with was 19 cookies.

A:Failed To Load Dll, No Start Menu, Programs Wont Start, Etc

Please try using this to repair the broken registry entry that may be causing this.Download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click HERE if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150704/failed-to-load-dll-no-start-menu-programs-wont-start-etc/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've been having problems with my computer the past few months restarting on its own due to system error. I checked the event log and it keeps showing this same problem. "The following boot-start or system drivers failed to load: Lbd" I'm running windows xp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load-lbd.842859/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Can someone please help me I'm a first-time forum user I've got an Acer Aspire laptop here that has decided to stop loading starting up When I turn the power button on - I can see the Acer logo screen and also get into setup if I press F - The cursor blinks won't Acer to / start screen start, Windows failed Black once or twice - Then the screen just goes black blank and stays that way Twice when I have left power on at the black screen I have eventually seen this Windows Boot Manager message maybe after minutes each time Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Acer won't start, Black screen / Windows failed to start Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible Unfortunately I do not have the Windows installation disk I have tried using a System Repair Disk on DVD burnt from another laptop with same OS but got stuck when the broken laptop didn't detect or couldn't read the disk I also tried the Alt F system recovery but after minutes on the quot Please wait a moment quot screen I gave up and turned the power off Please help Thanks

A:Acer won't start, Black screen / Windows failed to start

Hello noob and welcome to Seven Forums.

Can you get into Safe Mode via the Advanced Boot Options menu? If yes, you can check for damaged or corrupt system files by running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two in the SFC tutorial.) If problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

Safe Mode

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Another possibility from Safe Mode is to try rolling back your computer to a date/time prior to this problem occuring using a system restore point.

System Restore

If the above desn't help, one of the Forum experts prepared a troubleshooting guide for failure to start issues.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261652-acer-wont-start-black-screen-windows-failed-start.html
Relevancy 26.66%

OK so I have a new Dell XPS M notebook running vista home premium and an Intel PRO Wireless ABG and I can't connect to any start Service | AutoConfig won't WLAN Wireless start.... Windows won't wireless networks The wireless switch is booted up in the WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... on position I go to windows network diagnostic and it says that I need to Start Windows Wireless Service but this won't start and I'm simply told WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... quot Windows cannot resolve your problem quot I have found this link http www windowsbbs com showthread php t and http forums microsoft com TechNet amp wa wsignin and have attempted this technet fix and changed the reg value from to Quote regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart but this hasn't fixed the issue Similarly I have found this link regarding Zero Configuration http www inf aber ac uk advisory faq vista and have gotten the first step done but have stalled at the the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig In Services the service's startup type is set to Automatic but Service status is quot stopped quot When I go to quot Start the Service quot it returns me with an error that Quote Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found The fact this WLAN service won't start is what I think is causing the problem I've searched round and found nothing that can fix the issue Any ideas or suggestions other than re-installing windows or restoring factory settings

A:WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

Check in Device manager that your wireless card is working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-windows-wireless-service-wont-start-205417.html
Relevancy 26.66%

hi,

I am currently making a device specific module for microsoft MPIO. I have successfully installed the mpio and my own DSM. However, during start-up, an error message comes out saying: "At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details."

When I checked the event log, it says:

The following boot-start or system-start driver failed to load: TrailNavi

TrailNavi is the name of the device specific module that i am making. I am currently using a 32bit server with Windows 2003 OS.

I am trying to test my DSM, but could not do so because the driver can't be loaded..

Any help would be great..

A:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-driver-s-failed-to-load.578350/
Relevancy 26.66%

When i got home today didn't my computer work my girlfriend has been the last one using it So don't know how things were just before the shutdown or anything when i turn on the computer i get to the screen where quot touch bios quot is and where i can see the options like Bios settings boot menu xpress recovery but i cant press anything and after about two seconds on that screen the PC shuts Computer get into start up start or cant doesn't setting bios advanced down again The keyword lights up so there is a responds on it but just doesn't work to press anything before it shuts down I've got BSOD upto several times a day for a Computer doesn't start cant get into bios or advanced start up setting few months time believe that my computer is affected by some virus or something is delaying my computer might be an combination of several things I got no external things hugged up to the stationeer computer right now it is Computer doesn't start cant get into bios or advanced start up setting a windows x machine usually when i get issues i can access advanced boot up or bios but can neither in this case I Computer doesn't start cant get into bios or advanced start up setting wonder if it might be a hardware issue If so what do you think it might be and how can i diagnose the problem when i can't do anything with the machine thanks jakup

A:Computer doesn't start cant get into bios or advanced start up setting

Would you please fill in,your systems specifications?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253356-computer-doesnt-start-cant-get-into-bios-advanced-start-up-setting.html
Relevancy 26.66%

The following boot-start or system start drivers failed how to remove or find what is calling these items firstly I uninstalled avg last year it did not uninstall properly so I used their uninstall tool which decided everything on that drive was avg program and started deleting all my installed programs I was watching it happen in front of my eyes and couldnt (how or failed drivers to following system remove) The start boot-start believe it IT TOOK ME AGES TO REINSTALL EVERYTHING anyways so far as to my knowledge I have removed all traces of avg EVIL PROGRAM The following boot-start or system start drivers failed (how to remove) from my system including avg entries on registry but in event viewer administrative events I see an error The following boot-start or system start drivers failed Avgdiska AVGIDSDriver AVGIDSHA Avgldx Avgloga Avgmfx Avgrkx Avgtdia Avguniva What is still calling these to be loaded and how can I remove them solve this error - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer HIDDEN Security - EventData param Avgdiska AVGIDSDriver AVGIDSHA Avgldx Avgloga Avgmfx Avgrkx Avgtdia Avguniva

A:The following boot-start or system start drivers failed (how to remove)

You can remove them manually from your system services.

Copy these lines into a new text file. (right click desktop, create new text file)

sc delete Avgdiska
sc delete AVGIDSDriver
sc delete AVGIDSHA
sc delete Avgldx64
sc delete Avgloga
sc delete Avgmfx64
sc delete Avgrkx64
sc delete Avgtdia
sc delete Avguniva
Save it.
Now rename that file rem.bat
Accept the file type change warning
Right click it and Run as Administrator
They are now removed from the service control manager configuration.

Is the problem resolved?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632357/the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-how-to-remove/
Relevancy 26.66%

BASIC INFO I have Windows Ultimate x I use the Asus Suite II supplied with my Asus Asus P Z -V Pro Gen Motherboard which I like for fan and temperature monitoring PROBLEM Ai Suite II always loads BUT quot on to II OK Start change Asus Windows Start Scheduled -is Ai it to Suite screen quot it is messy during loading because a seemingly AI Suite bar sized Asus Ai Suite II -is it OK to change Scheduled Start to Windows Start white artefact appears top left of screen for - seconds before disappearing when the AI suite icon appears in the notification tray Sometimes a white square also appears temporarily TEST OBSERVATIONS I have noted that if I exit Ai Suite II and reload via the Asus AI suite supplied Shortcut I never get these artefacts AND the suite loads instantaneously I note however Asus uses AI Suite II exe via the shortcut but via the Asus installed Task Schedule it open via quot AsRoutineController exe -open quot I have also tried unloading AI Suite II and Asus Ai Suite II -is it OK to change Scheduled Start to Windows Start AsRoutineController exe and loading AsRoutineController exe and it too loads cleanly and almost instantaneously I note Asus loads apps via Task Scheduler names Asus AI Suite II Execute Asus DigiVRM Help USB Boost Service quot MY QUESTIONS Please can anybody advise me Why does Asus use the Task scheduler instead of loading via the normal Windows Startup procedures Could it be so each can be easily disabled if required and is that the ONLY reason what is the -open switch in the command line IMPORTANT QUESTION Is there ANY good reason why I should not disable the AI Suite II in the Task Scheduler and add it the the Normal Windows Startup applications I use the Free version of Startup Delayer as it has served me wonderfully with my current Win O S and my previous XP in ensuring all desired Notification Tray Icons display EVERY time Today I PROVISIONALLY made the change and AI Suite II opens cleanly as other Startup apps without temporary white artefacts and with no noted side effects so far I am nervous however to make it permanent without advice from knowledgeable Seven Forums members on this subject Many thanks for reading

A:Asus Ai Suite II -is it OK to change Scheduled Start to Windows Start

There should be no problem, as you should be able to change it back. Make a restore point before you proceed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259272-asus-ai-suite-ii-ok-change-scheduled-start-windows-start.html
Relevancy 26.66%

When I allow Win 7 to load normally, all actions are very slow. Takes 15-20 sec to bring up Google in newest Explorer. Frequently hangs-website not responding. If I load system in safe mode with network support, runs very fast (1-2 sec ot open Google) No hangs. I get error message with normal load to run CHKDSK but when CHKDSK starts, a message appears that CHKDSK is terminated. I have gone through a complex process using a emergency restart disk to start CHKDSK from a command line and the response is not normal. My computer is a Lenovo T60.I have completed memory check and it is good.

A:Win7 Very slow normal start, Safe start with Net -fast

Hello Buddypup and welcome to Seven Forums.

Couple of things you can try. If you haven't already done so, run a full scan with your anti-virus of choice. Even if it comes back clean (no malware found) I'd then run an on-demand scanner like Malwarebytes, ESET Online Scanner, SuperAntispyware, etc. I'd next perform some basic "housekeeping" chores by running Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter. If you're still having issues I'd move on to a Clean Boot (AKA: Clean Startup.)

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

And finally, I'd look through this troubleshooting guide prepared by one of the Forum experts. It offers some additional things to try.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/349035-win7-very-slow-normal-start-safe-start-net-fast.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello we are experiencing the problem that after our Windows clients got updated with KB that after a user is logging in we are using mandatory profiles Internet Explorer is not starting the first time a user is clicking on the IE link Starting IE shows the IE window with the loading circle in front of the IE window just to close immediately after a few seconds This is happening irregular not on every first start of Internet Explorer On subsequent starts of IE within the same user session IE is starting without a problem It took us several days to enclose the problem As our clients get their updates at different times depending on their group membership we saw this behavior on each client after update KB was installed source internal WSUS server Our systems - close first just KB3087038 a IE itself after Update not and start few open only) - (on IE start seconds after 11 does Domain based network - W K R SP IE 11 does not start after Update KB3087038 - IE just open and close itself after a few seconds (on first start only) Servers - Windows SP x clients - Office - IE - Mandatory profiles - Proxy Server - Internet traffic filtered by an proxy server Thank you in advance Tasse

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4bf74f30-c5a9-4468-bd68-3f697ac55a57/ie-11-does-not-start-after-update-kb3087038-ie-just-open-and-close-itself-after-a-few-seconds-on?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 26.66%

I ve looked around the internet for anyone who had a problem like this but i havent found a single forum anywhere that helps so I run -bit windows vista and recently i downloaded Grand Chase to it The first day it menu desktop/start to start Computer i when certain try freeze programs worked just fine but today after experiencing some heavy lag spikes i restarted my computer and when i tried to open grandchase from the desktop shortcut Ran Computer desktop/start menu freeze when i try to start certain programs as administer The desktop just froze So i tried running it from the start menu but it did the same only when i tried to click anything in the start menu after trying to run Grand Chase it just gave me a quot bing quot sound The only solution to unfreezing the two is to log off and back onto Computer desktop/start menu freeze when i try to start certain programs my computer but Grand Chase still wont work I dont think it s the game itself but rather my computer since i had this same issue before with yahoo messenger but i cant remember what i did if anything to fix it but Yahoo messenger works just fine now System restore is out of the question since the last checkpoint it s made was sometime in which i used once before and was basically restored back to a horrible point where i had alot of viruses and things ran extremely slow with no norton security or Computer desktop/start menu freeze when i try to start certain programs anything to help it Anybody have some ideas I m able to reinstall the game via safe mode but when i go back to normal mode it s the same story retold from point A nbsp

A:Computer desktop/start menu freeze when i try to start certain programs

You can try installing Game Booster and running Grand Chase via Game Booster, and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-desktop-start-menu-freeze-when-i-try-to-start-certain-programs.1044722/
Relevancy 26.66%

Title says it all, but why? Last time I was using Windows 7 it was still working fine. Now I noticed it stopped working when I upgraded to Windows 10. I'm not bothered by this but I'm just asking if this is normal?

A:Start Button on my keyboard won't trigger to open start menu

Does the keyboard have a key to block start menu usage. So called game mode.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61212-start-button-my-keyboard-wont-trigger-open-start-menu.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Windows8 Pro laptop wont start and just cycles on and off every few seconds.  Removed battery and AC and held power button for 30 seconds, replace AC and battery with same results.  Never boots long enough to get any screen info. Ideas? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-wont-start-trys-to-start-with-cover-closed-and-keeps/td-p/5611650
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I am hoping people on the forum can help me Got a Dell XPS M last year January Everything was fine until today It's a North American machine but I Repair Stuck in Mode Windows Start or Screen Start-Up was in England for an exchange and currently am and I think Dell warranty on Hardware is year anyway so really no point after months into the second year The region just incase power has anything to do with but its been fine the past months so I don't see how it might In any case I was away last night and when I came back my computer was on because I left it to run a McAfee virus check When I was leaving it had GB of free space on Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode HDD but when I checked it when I returned it was at GB After I turned of Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode the computer later in the day and took it with me to a different city I connected it again and turned it on From that point it went directly to the windows welcome screen with windows logo and Windows text loading but not going anywhere Eventually it restarted giving me options Either go Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode into start-up repair or start windows normally When I start it normally same thing happens when I go into system repair it is stuck at a black screen with a mouse cursor It won't boot safe mode or any other mode giving me error screens Either Fatal Error or STOP x B error I've had an HP fail on me last year with Vista and it was a motherboard failure I am afraid this may be the same thing again although I am not sure It won't boot in safe mode and I do not have the recovery or the windows CD on me win was an upgrade option purchased through my university What can I possibly do to try and fix it Thank you very much for any advice you can offer PS Because its a dell it now automatically loads into the MediaDirect screen but then again proceeds to an error screen

A:Windows Stuck in Start Screen or Start-Up Repair Mode

Welcome!

Fortunately, you can still create a repair disc, using method 2 of this tutorial: System Repair Disc - Create

Just download the ISO and burn it.

Try booting to the repair disc, and try a System Restore: System Restore

Good luck!
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72321-windows-stuck-start-screen-start-up-repair-mode.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently had to install a new battery for my computer After doing so I started having this problem and receiving the following Error from the quot Service Control Manager quot Event ID nbsp nbsp The following Boot-Start or System-Start driver s failed to load ppfd vt nbsp or to Driver(s) Load System-Start Boot-Start Service Failed EVENTID:7026 Manager Control nbsp nbsp Param The issues I am having are Unable to completely quot SHUT DOWN quot unless I press the power button this is after I have already selected the quot shut down quot option in the Start menu Never had to press the power button to power off my Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load computer Also at quot START-UP quot I get as far as a black screen with a white flashing cursor in upper left-hand corner At this point I am stuck nothing takes me out of this state unless I press the quot POWER quot button to shut-down In order to start-up amp Boot I Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load disconnect AC Adapter remove battery wait about seconds re-install battery power adapter and push power button Now my computer is all good Can anyone help me with this I've researched for weeks and am no where Thanks for any help My computer is quite old Sept but I'm hoping that I don't have to purchase a new one I'm a lil cheap lol

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b5250b4-251f-4c98-8c76-2c44de550b46/service-control-manager-eventid7026-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 26.23%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on Dell XPS 8100 with Intel Core i5, [email protected] GHz, 8Gb RAM, worked flawlessly out of the box in April (for five months). For a few weeks, powering off had produced "Installing Windows Updates, 1 (etc) of 8" - each and every time. Two days ago, power on results in normal system start until Windows Log In screen, which lasts about 2 seconds; then monitor displays all sorts of pretty colors. Left alone, the system restarts and ends in Black Screen with Start options; Start in Safe Mode works fine. System Restore works fine. But, removing power and starting again (cold) repeats above performance. Have attached zip file of Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2; but could not figure out how to include a Performance Monitor Report (no User Defined, or System reports shown).

A:BSOD on Start - able to start in Safe Mode and Restore

Quote: Originally Posted by peteinkent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on Dell XPS 8100 with Intel Core i5, [email protected] GHz, 8Gb RAM, worked flawlessly out of the box in April (for five months). For a few weeks, powering off had produced "Installing Windows Updates, 1 (etc) of 8" - each and every time. Two days ago, power on results in normal system start until Windows Log In screen, which lasts about 2 seconds; then monitor displays all sorts of pretty colors. Left alone, the system restarts and ends in Black Screen with Start options; Start in Safe Mode works fine. System Restore works fine. But, removing power and starting again (cold) repeats above performance. Have attached zip file of Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2; but could not figure out how to include a Performance Monitor Report (no User Defined, or System reports shown).

These were both caused by hardware. Please read these to find out what it means and what to try

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .. A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Thanks
Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\042510-17862-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

WARNING: Whitespace at end of path element
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols;*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols ;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c0e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4be50
Debug session time: Sun Apr 25 19:00:39.186 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:34.684
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff80002c704c9, 0, fffff70001080400}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!MiIssueHardFault+329 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc000001d, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff80002c704c9, ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/110465-bsod-start-able-start-safe-mode-restore.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi

Need a help regd

In start menu when right click a app i don get option Pin to start r remove apps ...just app r app icon get selected...a tick mark appear. Can't remove also. No menu option shows..don know HW suddenly this happened. Made win 8.1 updates. Using 8.1 core edition x64

Can't resize also.

Tried to open gpedit.MSC . it throws error can't open gpedit. Make sure u typed properly

A:Pin to start r remove apps not working in start menu

search group policy and open it from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65011-pin-start-r-remove-apps-not-working-start-menu.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I am very limited to my knowledge of computers and how to fix the problems. If anyone can give me any advice about my computer I would very much appreciate it. I turned my computer on about a week ago, it froze up, I restarted it and was missing my taskbar and my files where opened in a separate window. Nothing simple works. The obvious things do not work. I have no start button. It will not do anything. If I go into control panel, cannot open it from there. Please help!

A:Missing Start Menu, Taskbar, No Start Button

Try doing a System Restore back to before you experienced this problem.Windows XP System Restore Guide

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146557/missing-start-menu-taskbar-no-start-button/
Relevancy 26.23%

Toshiba Satellite Laptop, L305-S5865
Model # PSLBOU-O2SO2D

Problem Event Name: Startup Repair V2
Problem Event Signature 01: Auto Failover
Problem Event Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.1800
Problem Event Signature 03: 6
Problem Event Signature 04: 524296
Problem Event Signature 05: Corrupt Volume
Problem Event Signature 06: Corrupt Registry
Problem Event Signature 07: 1117
Problem Event Signature 08: 3
Problem Event Signature 09: Rollback Registry
Problem Event Signature 10: 1117
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.
C.

A:Laptop won't start up properly; Start-Up Repair results

First try to log in Safe Mode (F8) and use System Restore. If not, you need a Windows installation CD, so you can repair Windows at Windows Repair (WinRe) console.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-start-up-properly-start-up-repair-results.875876/
Relevancy 26.23%

Dell Dimension 4700 running XP Home Service Pack 3
Did not boot merely loops to start options screen but no options work and I am returned to the same options screen.
Have tried advanced start up options "disable auto restart" to generate BSOD which gives the following:

VER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x4E884D26, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x800F8941)

I have no XP system disk available at this, my mothers, address and it is her computer that has stopped this AM.

Help please

Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
I have xp, and I used to be able to hover the cursor over the "start" in the lower left of the screen and the menu would open, but now I have to click to get it to open. how can I fix this? did I do something wrong?

also, I used to have a program hp label kit in my "start" , "all programs" menu, and I tried to move a shortcut of this program to the desktop; but it moved the program itself to the desktop instead; how can I move the program back into "start" "programs"? I've tried everything.

I do see it on the desktop as well as on the left side when you open up start; but NOT on the right side, when you open start, all programs

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

A:Hovering Over "start" And Getting A Program Back Into Start All Programs?

You should be able to left click and hold then drag to the location you wish. If you do not want to move it, just have it in two locations right click select "Create Shortcut" and repeat the instruction above.The other option is right click over the taskbar and select properties. Go to the Start tab and select Classicc Mode and select Customize.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37808/hovering-over-start-and-getting-a-program-back-into-start-all-programs/
Relevancy 26.23%

This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen.

You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial

Start Menu

Start Screen

A:Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen

I do not like the old/new Start, so I do not intend on using it, like I do not plan on using Store.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/1994-post-your-windows-10-start-menu-start-screen.html
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a Compaq Presario desk top one gig memory XP which is up to date XP start Solved: start ups applications, run with will up after hourglass hangs not Run AVG free windows defender threatfire spybot I am on a cable hookup with a linksys BEFSR router Turn off the computer each night Right now I am using a laptop connected to the router to access the internet last couple of weeks the desktop would take a long time to start up applications but Solved: XP will not start applications, hangs up with hourglass after start ups run when they did start up things ran ok This morning I power up and the computer will go thru the speed start up list but will not start up anything from the start menu just Solved: XP will not start applications, hangs up with hourglass after start ups run get the hour glass On start alt delete it says percent system idle On start up I hit the f key to start up a compaq system restore and it will not go get the message system registry file failure hive file system root system config security corrupt absent or not writeable any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: XP will not start applications, hangs up with hourglass after start ups run

Look at this link.

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050821_stop_c0000218_registry_file_failure.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-will-not-start-applications-hangs-up-with-hourglass-after-start-ups-run.741952/
Relevancy 26.23%

When I start up my computer, my Steam starts up, then I manually start Chrome. Chrome comes up fine, Steam does too, but when I try to right click on Steam and click friends, all it does is create another steam process running at 100-108 K. Then if I close Chrome and try to reopen it, it will do the same. This happens with EVERY program after I start up. There's a 5 second window where I can open programs without issue, then after that it will only start 108 K copies of them. It takes me around 30 restarts just to get it working properly, if not more.

Relevancy 26.23%

i really have no idea, i believe its a problem with the actual start up button instead of the computer itself, ive pried the thing open, seeing the generator is on, everythings in place and there are lights on, showing there is power. any ideas?

A:powers in, but start button wont start computer

Does it boot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powers-in-but-start-button-wont-start-computer.602871/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok, there are multiple users on my computer from my family, so I am not the only one who uses it. I had a worm on my computer that I was trying to get rid of and im not much of a computer expert, but when I went to remove it I guess the program found and deleted anything that was infected which im assuming were some important programs because now on restart I dont even have a start menu, any icons, and when I try to Run programs it doesnt let me, the only thing I could get up was Internet Explorer. Is there anyway I could restore, or how should I go about fixing this?

Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,

i have xp home running on another laptop and someone in my family was messing around with itunes and ipods and tried to remove these programs.

When they restarted the computer the internet was not connecting and when i looked into it i found that basically all the services in computer managment are now disabled.

When i try to start any, including network connections for the internet i get the message:

Configuration manager: The plug and play service or another required service is not available.

There are no system restores before this happened so how can i get these services working again?

thanks

A:No services start including network connections and cant get them to start!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-services-start-including-network-connections-and-cant-get-them-to-start.488387/
Relevancy 26.23%

My Start Button works to the extent that I can click it and browse all of my programs I also have all of the categories on the right side like quot Computer quot quot Control Panel quot etc What I don't have are any of my recently used programs That area is blank I have noticed over the years that I typically use Button/Start On Menu Customization Lost Start about the same - programs frequently and the loss of these quot instant shortcuts Lost Customization On Start Button/Start Menu quot means I have to drill down through the hierarchy of Start Menu programs to find the one I want to launch I do have a number of programs pinned to the Taskbar but I'd really like Lost Customization On Start Button/Start Menu to have my Start Button work like it used to Any suggestions PS The only one that does show up is the Command Prompt which I had copied from its default location because I use it so much I had it located outside the quot Programs quot folder on the Start Menu so it would be at the top

A:Lost Customization On Start Button/Start Menu

hi something simple you might want to check.
right click start button-properties then start menu tab and make sure both things are checked under privacy. also on same tab click on customize and make sure there is a number in start menu size

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399977-lost-customization-start-button-start-menu.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows why at start up and when every go to get on the net that i get Bad Image error messages I know it started after i turned off my computer and then the next time i started it up i have been receiving this message so i was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it.. I have Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-image-error-messages-at-start-up-and-everytime-i-start-new-app.829672/
Relevancy 26.23%

So I frequently get the event viewer message
"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: dam"
Well, DAM I say!
What is dam, and does anyone care?
By the way, in other Windows, I like to keep my desktop quiet and calm. I don't recall knowing how to do that in 10, but maybe I made it too quiet some months back?
What do you think?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/53106-following-boot-start-system-start-driver-s-did-not-load-dam.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I got some knowledge on repairing computer problem but i got this start Windows7 in normally, wont mode start safe not do either particular one i wasnt able to fix Ive tried everything i know to try and fix it before doing a fresh install but coming to this site as a last resort Ive done everything from safe mode to sfc scan to chkdsk r and nothing Only thing is sfc scannow have found some corrupted sys file but was unable to fix some of them I cant log into safe Windows7 wont start normally, do not start in safe mode either mode so cant install any fixing program either to run it through cmd thats the only thing i have access to system restore cant help cause pc say there is no restore point but last time i was able to power on pc without problems it updated some files and made a restore point when done and that was weird when it didnt find any rp Please I need some help here since im running out of resources Hopefully someone can help me Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631381/windows7-wont-start-normally-do-not-start-in-safe-mode-either/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi..found a computer in the garbage its a pony but it has a soyo motherboard with a pentium III 450mhz and 512sdram.It never would start windows normal but would in safe mode,so now i did a diskcheck and restarted now it gets hung up on the system32\drivers\agp440.sys...at least thats the last one that pops up before it freezes...im new to this and this forum but if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it...thanks..

Relevancy 26.23%

All my MS Office programs crashed tonight and I'm trying to figure out what happened I'm following the instructions here https support office com en-ie art - d b a fa This is the section I'm trying to follow Starting the application in Safe Mode is a great way to find out if the problem is caused by and add-in To do this go to your Start screen in Windows or click Start gt Run in Windows and type one of the following commands Type excel safe and press Enter to start Excel Type outlook safe and press Enter to start Outlook Type winword safe and press Enter to start Word I'm at the start screen and the only place to type anything is in the search box Is this correct screen? from to start in How mode start the programs safe Because when I type outlook safe here it just brings up articles about opening Outlook in safe mode Isn't it supposed to launch Outlook What am I doing wrong This may be the wrong place to say this but I HATE windows Sorry

A:How to start programs in safe mode from the start screen?

Well that worked for me, make sure you get the spacing's on the forward slash correct. The top sections was Program start excel safe mode. I clicked it and excel opened in safe mode? I don't think this has anything to do with windows 8.1 seem the method was the same in windows 7
I'm no Office expert but it sounds like you have some seriously damaged files in Office, you could try a repair install perhaps that would fix them for you.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70623-how-start-programs-safe-mode-start-screen.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey My toshiba laptop was working fine yesterday This morning Start-up Start options: boot CD/USB repair, Only normally. no result. when I turn it on I see start-up repair or start normally I always make sure to use shut down so that screen shouldn't show but it did I didn't install any new software updates So now I try normal quot Starting Windows quot then there is a quick bluescreen that restarts laptop without me being able to see what the bluescreen says Next option was to try start-up repair It says windows is loading files Then 'Microsoft corporation' but the bar doesn't load at all it just goes to a black screen And when I let it sit for awhile cursor appears and I can move it around but nothing else Now about the CD USB fresh installing When I went to BIOS put default save restart and change settings boot from USB or CD tried both of those but for those it loads windows files then stuck on Starting Windows I tried my windows CD Only options: Start-up repair, Start normally. CD/USB boot no result. I bought and also USB CD home made copies by downloading it and burning Same Starting Windows error Please help I would like a clean install for I don't have anything of importance to need to back-up

A:Only options: Start-up repair, Start normally. CD/USB boot no result.

Quote:
My toshiba laptop was working fine yesterday.

Have you tried the Toshiba Recovery disk?

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314734-only-options-start-up-repair-start-normally-cd-usb-boot-no-result.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi -

Computer booted up extremely slow and locked up several times - after finally getting in and online - I noticed in my start up processes a new start up titled "dpnsecab" and in the command column it starts with "rundll32..... The computer is running extremely slow on start up still. I have scanned with Malwarebytes and found nothing.

What should I do?

A:Uknown Start Up Item in System Config - Start Up

I ran ESET - it detected Win32/bagle.gen.zip worm and a variant of Java Trojan Downloader.OpenStream.NAU trojan.

What do I need to do next? Please help - Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358152/uknown-start-up-item-in-system-config-start-up/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an error that system32/hall.DLL is missing so I put in my windows 7 DVD ( I Have 4 DVDs for my windows, gateway, I always put the first one) so I could start start-up repair but when the windows files is loaded it keeps starting recovery mangment which gives me options to recover my hard drive to factory defaults (ie delete files on c and reinstall windows) ,why I don't get options to choose startup repair, how can I get it to start start-up repair?

A:can't start start-up repair, keeps starting recovery mangment

Hello kento24, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at this tutorial linked below, starting at Step Three to see how to boot to the F8 startup screen, from there choose the "Repair My Computer" option to do the startup repairs and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Then look at the second linked tutorial for the process.

How to Boot to the Advanced Boot Options in Windows 7

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250681-cant-start-start-up-repair-keeps-starting-recovery-mangment.html
Relevancy 26.23%

MSITStore C spe start chm start html PROBLEM I read and tried to fix MSITStore C spe start NOT DID HELP WORK:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html# PLEASE HIJACKTHIS chm start html with the various post from the experts here at techsupportforum This is what I have tried on my own so far to no avail PLEASE HELP HIJACKTHIS DID NOT WORK:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html# Updated and reran Ad-aware also performed in safe mode Ran CW Shredder Spybot Ran Hijackthis and following the other posts with this problem I tried to fix the the heretofind MSITStore C spe start chm start html references in the registry After running Hijackthis some of them were removed but next time I opened IE MSITStore C spe start chm start html came back up again I reran Hijackthis and the log was right back to where I started which says I missed something If someone could take a look at my log and give some wisdom I PLEASE HELP HIJACKTHIS DID NOT WORK:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html# would really really appreciate it Also my computer in general has really slowed down in the since this brouser attack started Is this normal or could there be another problem Thank you - Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATI EVXX EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES PLUS VIRUSCAN VSHWIN EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SYMTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY NISUM EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY CCPXYSVC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDTCW EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM EVENTMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATIPTAXX EXE C WINDOWS ptsnoop exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CRASHGUARD CGMENU EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C WINDOWS TEMP XO EXE C WINDOWS TEMP OETZ V EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES AHEAD INCD INCD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT HARDWARE MOUSE POINT EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS CFGWIZ EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC EASY CD CREATOR CREATECD CREATECD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINMM EXE C WINDOWS NTS-SYS-MS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYKILLER SPYKILLER EXE C PROGRAM FILES BESTPOPUPKILLER BESTPOPUPKILLER EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CRASHGUARD CG EH EXE C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YMSGR TRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES HP DESKJET C SERIES EREG REMIND EXE C WINDOWS START MENU PROGRAMS STARTUP RUNNER EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINSM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALURIA SOFTWARE ASE ASESCH EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE OSA EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERMUTE SPYSUBTRACT SPYSUB EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep Monwow exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS - - HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http s-redirect com a amp b n-abc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http s-redirect com a amp b n-abc R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http s-redirect com a amp b n-abc R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www heretofind com show php id amp q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page mk MSITStore C spe start chm start html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http s-redirect com a amp b n-abc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www heretofind com sho... Read more

A:PLEASE HELP HIJACKTHIS DID NOT WORK:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html#

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Unfortunatly...YES..the browser and PC will slow down when it's hijacked.

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run ad-aware SE with VX2 add-on cleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy (with updated database) and CWShredder as these programs will clean a lot of the crap out first. All links to programs are in my signature. Ok..on to the log?..

If you have a highspeed connection please Run an online virus scan from TrendMicro Please select the ?autoclean? option when prompted to do so.

Open My Computer>>View>>FolderOptions>>View Tab>>Advance Advanced settings box, under the "Hidden files" folder, select Show all files>>Apply>>OK
Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Open add/remove programs and remove the following if listed.

Aluria Software
Pcs
MSNET

Aluria Software- Aluria Software has partnered with the WhenU adware company as well as giving WhenU a "spyware free" certification. I recommend it's removal as it can no longer be trusted to detect and remove adware/spyware.

Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be but make sure)

C:\WINDOWS.000\TEMP\XO.EXE
C:\WINDOWS.000\TEMP\9OETZ7V.EXE
C:\WINDOWS.000\SYSTEM32\WINMM64.EXE
C:\WINDOWS.000\NTS-SYS-MS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS.000\SYSTEM32\3264.EXE

Check and fix the following in HijackThis if they still exist (make sure you do not miss an entry)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.heretofind.com/show.php?id=14&q=%s
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = mk:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html#
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.heretofind.com/show.php?id=14&q=%s
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = mk:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html#
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,SearchURL = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,SearchURL = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b=n-abc
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pcsv] C:\WINDOWS.000\system32\pcs\pcsvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media-Search] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSNET\V9\MSNET.EXE" /H
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Xo] C:\WINDOWS.000\TEMP\XO.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [9oetz7v] C:\WINDOWS.000\TEMP\9OETZ7V.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysA] C:\WINDOWS.000\SYSTEM\WINULZ32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sys29] C:\WINDOWS.000\SYSTEM\WINZYY32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S-64] C:\WINDOWS.000\S-64.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [UTRCTJDAFTLK] C:\WINDOWS.000\OUDOVXBAOPU.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpywareGuardPlus] C:\WINDOWS.000\SYSTEM32\WINMM64.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NTS-SYS-MS] C:\WINDOWS.000\NTS-SYS-MS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [3264] C:\WINDOWS.000\SYSTEM32\3264.EXE
O4 - Startup: ASE Scheduler.lnk = C:\Program Files\Aluria Software\ASE\ASESCH~1.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Corel Network monitor worker - {E856D08F-ADCC-4D7B-911E-9BCEBB519C56} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Corel Network monitor worker - {E856D08F-ADCC-4D7B-911E-9BCEBB519C56} - (no file)
O9 - Extra b... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/please-help-hijackthis-did-not-work-msitstore-c-spe-start-chm-start-html-25260.html
Relevancy 26.23%

I have been trying to pinpoint this problem for a little shy of a week now I have a custom built desktop which was running windows Ultimate when it started to have troubles shutting down and booting up It would fail to Windows up launch. repair Start not Fails start, to does shut down and the windows start up would either get stuck for awhile on the screen that Windows Fails to start, Start up repair does not launch. is showing the logo or it would not start up at all Hoping that it would solve the problem I reinstalled windows and am now running windows Professional but the problem is still not fixed It still gets stuck on the start up Just wondering if anyone could help me find the cause of this problem as it is very frustrating My computer specs are EVGA -YW-E -A LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI FTW ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Graphics card Rosewill RX -S-B W PFC Any help would be great To add it will also not start in safe mode and the cd dvd drive does not always read discs this leads me to believe it is a motherboard problem

A:Windows Fails to start, Start up repair does not launch.

Start with these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230990-windows-fails-start-start-up-repair-does-not-launch.html
Relevancy 26.23%

I have experienced a sudden problem starting programs The computer boots correctly and all desktop icons appear correctly But when I double click a desktop icon or start a program from the start menu I get a popup window displaying a list of programs and asking me which program I want to even menu desktop & appear icons though Programs start will not start use to start the application I select the correct program or browse to the appropriate exe file but still the application doesn t start This includes IE and Windows Messenger My virus scanner was about the only thing that I could start up and I did a system scan with Panda Anti-Virus but it didn t show anything substantial just some cookies Using my WinXP set up disk I ve tried to do a repair I guess reinstallation without reformatting the hard disk but after I entered the License Key the computer did a reboot and then stopped It is stuck on the XP splash screen and won t go any further I once let it run over night but Programs will not start even though desktop icons & start menu appear it was still frozen on the splash screen I even tried to repeat the repair process but that didn t work Automatic updates did download an update just before this problem started I think it was the day before the problems began I don t know what this update was and I m not sure it was SP system does have SP installed Considering that the computer freezes now when booting up is there anything that I can do short of reformatting the Hard Drive I also have another hard drive that I can use to install XP onto Is there any way that I can rescue the data from the old Hard Drive and transfer to new drive Thanks nbsp

A:Programs will not start even though desktop icons & start menu appear

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-will-not-start-even-though-desktop-icons-start-menu-appear.718679/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a Pc running XP home.. tonight it wouldnt start up and displayed a message NTLDR is missing.. I did the repair option with my xp disk and it seemed to go ok .. but now when you try to start it up it starts as far as the dos type screen that gives you all the option,, safe mode, last know config that worked etc.. it doesnt matter which one you press it will just reboot again and start over till it gets to that screen.

any answers anybody ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-start-up-past-start-options-screen-324561.html
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a Toshiba satellite laptop model running Windows XP Home with sp Failure Start Start Driver Boot Or System and all the updates Whenever I start up Windows I get an error under the Event Viewer It says under System The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load PptIRDA The source is Service Control Manager and the event ID is I have Norton Antivirus running all the time and it says I Boot Start Or System Start Driver Failure am virus-free I also have their Internet Security package and use their firewall I have run Boot Start Or System Start Driver Failure Spybot Search and Destroy as well as Ad-Aware and seem to have no spyware that can be detected by those programs I also periodically run Norton SystemWorks and their one button checkup I generally run CrapCleaner every day I have recently run the disk optimizer in Norton and am quite defragmented This problem has been going on for months My suspicion is that this might be some kind of remote data access thing but I can t find a driver with this name when I list all the drivers Another possibility I guess might be a driver for the infrared port if such exists Any help would be greatly appreciated joemiller

A:Boot Start Or System Start Driver Failure

My personal feelings are along the same lines as you. I think your Infrared port drivers are corrupt for whatever reason. I would contact Toshiba for the drivers and reinstall them. See if they are available on the web. I checked this link: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp and found that the model you say 1955 has sub models S801 through S807. So you need a more definitive model number.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83726/boot-start-or-system-start-driver-failure/
Relevancy 26.23%

start>control panel>administrative Tasks>Services

So I went there after some suggestions by some members on here, and tried to turn a few programs automatic(not the delayed start) but when I tried to start some of them, I got this message:

Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start

So is there a way to fix this?

A:Error 1068 failed to start when trying to start services

Yes, possibly possible! What are the names of the services you are dealing with?

Double click the service - go to the "Dependencies" tab - Check the service names list under "This service depends on the following system components" and then make sure that all the services listed there are already started.

For example, if you're trying to start a service which has dependency on "Windows firewall" service, you need to first make sure Windows firewall service is STARTED.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286402-error-1068-failed-start-when-trying-start-services.html
Relevancy 26.23%

..and which do not.

I had a question: How do i get to the little menu where I can choose which applications automatically start up when Windows starts up and which do not? I forgot how to get to that menu but I remember that I could check and uncheck which things would start up, etc. The reason for this is because everytime I start windows, it tries to load my scanning software which I don't need started anymore due to the scanner not being connected at all anymore, and the uninstallation not going as properly as it should of.. but it just bugs me that it tries to connect to the scanner (with about 3-4 attempts) when Windows starts so this is my best option...

Any idea?

A:Choosing which applications automatically start up when Windows start...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-which-applications-automatically-start-up-when-windows-start.349787/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello,

I am having a problem with my laptop (running Windows XP SP2 with AVG virus).

When I log into my user name, an error about nnlmk.exe pops up (can not access or have permission) and then my task bar/start menu and desk top icons vanish.

I can recover them briefly by going through Task Manager and running explorer.exe but then it cyclically appears and vanishes.

I have ran AVG and "repaired" some infected files as well as ran SpyBot/Adaware/Spyblaster.

I beleive this problem is very similar to that of this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...d-windows.html

but I can not physically delete nnlmn.exe since the explorer crashes too quickly for me to access it.

Thanks,

A:Desktop Icons and Start Menu vanish after start up

I am posting the Panda Scan results and DSS Log results.

< PANDA >

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pvuxdl7q.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pvuxdl7q.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pvuxdl7q.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]

< / PANDA >

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by User on 2008-01-06 11:08:40
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point.

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
21: 2008-01-06 17:08:52 UTC - RP244 - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point
20: 2008-01-06 01:36:57 UTC - RP243 - Restore Operation
19: 2008-01-06 01:19:52 UTC - RP242 - Last known good configuration
18: 2008-01-06 01:19:45 UTC - RP241 - System Checkpoint
17: 2008-01-06 01:19:45 UTC - RP240 - Software Distribution Service 3.0

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2008-01-06 01:19:39 UTC - RP224 - Installed Free Sticky Notes

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

-- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------

Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2008-01-06 11:12:11
Platform: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = ftp=209.81.96.54:8080;http=209.81.96.54:8080;https=209.81.96.54:8080;socks=209.81.96.54:8080
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\In... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/desktop-icons-and-start-menu-vanish-after-start-up-209091.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, first off I'm new. Second and the reason for this post is that I work on PC. I do system reloads, rebuilds, and build new custom systems. I would like to know if any body knows how to delete all accounts and start the account wizard that runs when Windows starts for the first time. The reason for this is that I have to make an account to install drivers, programs, etc.. before the end user receives the final product. I would like a way to delete all accounts and start the account wizard, like it does for the first time run of Windows, for the end user. Any help would be great. Also, if this is in the wrong place, please direct me to the correct category. THANKS!!!

A:Reset all accounts and start account wizard on next start.

Why not just create a new admin account in the owner's name, delete the one you made, then let the customer add others as required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/193099-reset-all-accounts-start-account-wizard-next-start.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Earlier today my computer was freezing up and was not responding so i turned it off from the button When i tried to up.Computer lsass.exe application at won't error start start turn it back on though it said that windows failed to start properly and it asks me if i want to start windows normally or start it in safe mode No matter which way i select though two application errors pop up and the computer wouldn't start at all One of the errors says lsass exe error The application failed to initialize properly Click ok to terminate the application After i click ok the other one pops us and it lsass.exe application error at start up.Computer won't start says services exe application error The application failed to initialize properly Click ok to terminate the application And after that it just goes to a black lsass.exe application error at start up.Computer won't start screen with the mouse pointer on it and nothing ever happens after that I've googled the errors and all i could find is that i should pretty much format windows which of course doesn't sound all that good Does anyone know if there is anything i could do besides formatting to fix this Any help would be appreciated Thank you in advance

A:lsass.exe application error at start up.Computer won't start

Oh,this is all the way back on the third page :( I guess noone knows anything about that error,huh?I'm gonna have to go format then
Thank you anyway :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lsass-exe-application-error-at-start-up-computer-wont-start-320882.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Team I am getting below error when I try to install an application Application installed fine on my local Win Issue is with the Virtual Machine I have setup using VirtualBox VM OS I am using is win and win Both have the same issue I tried running the application as quot Run as Administrator quot but still no luck below is the event log of windows services. (SOSS) start. have system 'ScaleOut sufficient failed Error to you Service StateServer' Verify privileges to 1920. start that - System - Provider Name MsiInstaller - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PANTHER - Security UserID S- - - - - - - - EventData Product ScaleOut StateServer x Edition -- Error Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' SOSS failed to start Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL B D D D D D Binary data In Words B D D D D D nbsp nbsp In Bytes B nbsp nbsp ACB C br D D nbsp nbsp Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. F- D - br D br nbsp nbsp -BFA br D nbsp nbsp - DBC br br Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C A

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a32caaba-4a5e-4ae1-a27b-d002e4176faa/error-1920-service-scaleout-stateserver-soss-failed-to-start-verify-that-you-have-sufficient?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 25.8%

hi i was on my HP laptop when all of a sudden in just switched off. The caps lock button keeps flashing. I removed the back panel and put my charger on and it keeps trying to power up but then it keeps failing. Black screen through out

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-shut-down-won-t-start-up-again-starts-to-start-up-but/td-p/5758366
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok so basically I ve built this computer myself Here are the specs Abit IX QuadGT motherboard Q Intel Quad Core nVidia Gefore GTX HDDs x TB x GB Lite-on DVD burner reader got problems since I bought it but common from all Lite-on Gigabyte fan forgot the name GB of DDR - ram OCZ Ripper HPC Solved: when start does Monitor computer. not start always I heat pipe cooling edition KDS monitor old tube monitor Windows XP SP legit of course W PSU OCZ Stealthstream Now the only problem I have encountered is that sometimes if I start the computer everything will start but the monitor Pretty annoying to say the least Also sometimes if I select quot restart quot from the start menu in Windows XP the monitor will not come back and say quot No Solved: Monitor does not always start when I start computer. input quot I ve been thinking maybe it s my monitor was told that it would stay black for about minutes until the tube heated up and then start working but it would still be receiving the input Also thought it might be my power supply not able to load everything and when the PC starts so the video card is not activated but I highly doubt this I got a W PSU OCZ Stealthstream and I tested every connector for the right voltage and constant voltage all seemed to work Any ideas on what I should do nbsp

A:Solved: Monitor does not always start when I start computer.

Look at the Monitor's connector to see if there are any bent pins. If not, try a different monitor. If a different monitor works OK it's probably your monitor going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-monitor-does-not-always-start-when-i-start-computer.725631/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am at the comment prompt or window in windows 7.
it begins at C:\Users\alienware
I typed CD or cd, and when I hit enter it does nothing. It jumps to the next line with the same command.
How do I get it to start at c:\ so I can go to the directory I want? Thanks

A:Start, CMD, begins at C:\users\username, how do I start at C:\?

Are you typing

CD C:\ ? Then pressing [ENTER] type C:\ then [ENTER] ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298056-start-cmd-begins-c-users-username-how-do-i-start-c.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everybody. The graphic card tool EVGA Precision has an option - Start with Windows - but the tool can only be started with admin rights. I prefer to not use an admin account for my daily work, how can i setup Precision to autostart for my user account ? I already tried to use a regedit tweak involving the RUNASINVOKER option for the .exe file, it starts but its not working properly, there are error messages. Is there any way to just start it for all users and/or remove the need of administrative rights for this program ? Many thanks in advance

A:Start EVGA Precision on Windows start

Hmm, 2 versions ago before the most recent one stopped the need for that I think. In the changelog. Starts up for me without it OK.

EVGA Precision 1.9.5 Released

Newest version.

EVGA Precision 2.0 Released

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/110146-start-evga-precision-windows-start.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, using windows 7, have a blue screen at start up issue, memory dump. Sadly the PC wont start so unable to try too much, it lets you select user, attempts to ,log onto the user then just goes to mthe blue screen and starts the cycle again. Any ideas?? It will not start in safe mode either, basically the same result although sometimes it loads and you are in but when you try to do anything it goes to the blue screen again. I did get the error code (not always the same on the blue screen but this one comes up most time), "driver IRQL not less or equal"
Many thanks
Tony

A:Blue screen at start up, wont start at all

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311564#appliesto

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-at-start-up-wont-start-at-all.982816/
Relevancy 25.8%

when i m opening IE i m getting this window "mkMSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html#" i have uptdated norton,spybot and adaware but i cant remove it.when i run hijackthis it is findint "heretofind.com" but after fixing it is coming back again!!!? how i can fix it pls help me.

A:trojan (mk:@MSITStore:C:\spe\start.chm::/start.html#)

Download Hijackthis

Create a permanent folder on your hard drive like c:\program files\hjt. Unzip the file to that folder.

Double click on Hijackthis.exe then click on the "Scan" button, then click on "Save Log".

Copy and paste it back here and someone will be happy to review it.

Don't make any changes until instructed to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-mk-msitstore-c-spe-start-chm-start-html.292626/
Relevancy 25.8%

My 2 year old shut down my computer maually and Since then, I have been unable to turn the computer on. It is stuck in start up repair. My husband tried to do a system restore, but it went straight back to start up repair. Please advise!

A:Computer won't start up, stuck in start up repair

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.  Let´s try to get this fixed. Please tell me, which Windows version is installed. Also tell me, if it is 32- or 64bit.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497568/computer-wont-start-up-stuck-in-start-up-repair/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Yeah I have a BIG technical problem PLEASE HELP ME This is what I did I wanted to install this driver called Alcohol for my CD Optical Drive While installing Windows warned me and said quot This driver has an unknown certificate quot and I pressed Continue anyway Five seconds after that the laptop froze and the Blue Screen Of Death appeared- quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem quot and never Windows to failed start, and start...;( [SOLVED] will it said I need to use the Windows Installation CD to repair but I don't have any I bought my Sony VAIO CR laptop from a Duty Free Store in Dubai so It didn't come with the package Please help Any way I can download the Windows Installation CD files onto a CD to replicate I really need help PLEASE Here is the info on my laptop SONY VAIO CR Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor Intel Media Graphics Accelerator x Windows Vista Home Premium bit Service Pack HELP PLEASE If you can Thank you so much for your help

A:[SOLVED] Windows failed to start, and will never start...;(

Did you try pressing F8 and then last known good configuration that should revert the drivers back to the state before.

KOACHWIZ**

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-failed-to-start-and-will-never-start-309068.html
Relevancy 25.8%

F keys will not work either! I don't think I have a disc to restore from, what else can I do?

A:Help! Laptop w/Win 7 hangs at start up will not start in any mode!

Everything possible that can be done Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start is in the blue link, leading up to if necessary rescuiing your files to run Factory Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268229-help-laptop-w-win-7-hangs-start-up-will-not-start-any-mode.html
Relevancy 25.8%

So the other day, i was watching a video on my computer and the entire thing just white screened and died,
Then when ever i started it, it would blue screen, then start the whole thing again,
So i re installed windows, and after i reinstalled it will now only start in safe mode, this is the start up screen, as you can see there are some mistakes in the writing.

Even when i tell it not start in safe mode it does.

So my friend talked me through resetting my motherboard bios, but it will still only start in safe mode, i have disabled it in control panel.

This is what it looks like when i unplug the harddrive and turn it on, so it isnt a problem with my HD, so i was wondering if i could reset my motherboard to factory defaults, my motherboard is an asrock 970DE3/U3S3

A:PC will only start in Safe mode even when i tell it to start in normal

Yes, you should be able to reset the bios for the motherboard to defaults. But to do that you need to get into the bios and find the section that has reset to defaults button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/348997-pc-will-only-start-safe-mode-even-when-i-tell-start-normal.html