Windows Support Forum

My USB ports aren't recognized as USB 2.0 after reboot

Q: My USB ports aren't recognized as USB 2.0 after reboot

Laptop is a 4 year old Alienware M5500 with the Intel Centrino 2.0. Let me know if anything else is relevant and needed.

My computer decided to perform some kind of fatal error while I was converting some music in Itune and then entered my Jump Drive into the computer. It shut itself off and wouldn't boot. I reformatted and reload my OS and it still wouldn't load. So I reset the bios by removing the battery and the back-up battery (little round one). And then the computer booted as usual.

Is there away to get them working again without having to re-format and reload the OS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Everything is fine so far, just that my USB ports aren't functioning as USB 2.0 ports anymore. I tried resetting the bios once more (thought I did this in the past but can't really remember...)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My USB ports aren't recognized as USB 2.0 after reboot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My USB ports aren't recognized as USB 2.0 after reboot

Try this update..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-ports-arent-recognized-as-usb-2-0-after-reboot.149826/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok so here's the deal I have a Powerspec V305,

and its not the greatest computer ever, but it works pretty decently w/o too much error. Three days ago I installed Registry Mechanic and now my USB ports in front don't work, the ones in the rear, do work. but the ones in front where I very often attach my Iphone and camera no longer work at all it seems. I used the restore option on the registry mechanic...no luck...I did a complete system restore no luck. Any ideas?

A:My USB ports aren't working...PLEASE HELP!

Try the device manager. See if any errors are logged against any usb entries. If there are, then try reinstalling the usb drivers, there should be an option with the device propities somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-please-help.795244/
Relevancy 63.21%

A couple days ago my ports started acting odd getting weird disconnectinos here and there and now nothing will connect at all All the ports give me an error of quot USB Device Not Recognized quot I'm not using any new devices and these devices have been in use for about a year now They do not work in Safe Mode either Things I've tried - Uninstall Reinstall all the drivers for the USB Hubs and the drivers for the external USB devices - Reformat - Cleaning out all the ports with compressed air Working Aren't USB Ports Other information about my computer HP Pavillion dv z Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM Ghz AMD Turion x Nvidia GeForce Go MB Devices Used Western Digital GB Essential Edition External Hard Drive Logitech Wireless Keyboard Mouse Reciever Logitech Dual Action Joypad If anyone has any kind of help it'd be appreciated I'm just hoping this isn't a hardware issue even though it's becoming apparent that it very well might be

A:USB Ports Aren't Working

There can be many explanations for this, probably most commonly a virus of some sort. Or, there might be a problem within your computer, depending on how everything is connected. If it becomes necessary, you may need to bring it into a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-arent-working-221349.html
Relevancy 63.21%

OK, so I'll try to keep this as brief as I can,

I have a L4VXA2 motherboard and operate on windows XP SP3. (if that info is needed at all)

Currently, my usb ports have not been recognizing anything I plug into them.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers twice, still nothing works.
When I try and fix it, it keeps telling me the INF is formatted for windows 95 or later (or something like that)

So now, I have downloaded a VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller, extracted the files, everything was going fine, but now the setup wont run! For the first few times I clicked on it, it kept saying "the setup has detected that unInstallShield is in use. Please close uninstall shield and restart setup Error 432". I rebooted the computer and tried again multiple times. Now the error message doesn't even show up.

I have NO idea what to do, please, PLEASE help :'(

A:My USB ports aren't working???

Welcome to TSF....

What is the make and model of computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-usb-ports-arent-working-298984.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have upgraded from Win8 to 8.1 and still doesn't work. can someone please help me? I use this laptop for work and school! Have also been advised to upgrade the BIOS, which I don't really know the importance and I have done it. Still doesn't work! Help me Acer family... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-E1-510-ports-aren-t-working/td-p/452298
Relevancy 63.21%

I have total USB ports built into my computer Two in the front and four in the back They have magically stopped working I cannot connect to the net with it using my USB network adapter it will not recognize my external HDD though ports my USB aren't working??? Why this laptop does it will not recognize my MP player It will however recognize my XBOX controller I have been using forever and a day This problem just happened within the past hrs of me posting this At first I thought it might be a virus preventing my from Why aren't my USB ports working??? using my USB ports but I ve been doing some research and other people have had this problem almost I am running Windows XP SP I have checked the device manager and it says that everything is running correctly When I unplug a USB device and plug it back in a small usb icon appears next to the clock I double click on it and brings up a window that says that there is an quot unknown device quot plugged in I ve tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to help The strangest thing about this whole problem is that they all didn t go bad at the same time First it was the front two then the others went bad When the front two went bad I was still able to connect to the net using my usb network adapter which was plugged into the back Now none of them work I m very frustrated because I cannot afford to get anything fixed I m quite poor I only have net because it comes free with the apt complex I live in Please help me Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Why aren't my USB ports working???

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date prior to when the problem started?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-arent-my-usb-ports-working.801931/
Relevancy 62.78%

Some how my disk drives have "disappeared." With disks in either drive I am unable to "explore" or open them. I went to control panel and it says that drives are working OK. When I get a pop up message it says to "insert disk". No recent changes or installations on my computer. I feel like it is a software setting...............

Thanks

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dvd-cd-drives-arent-recognized.769993/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to get two old joysticks to work via a gameport-USB adapter cable since my computer doesn t have a gameport The joysticks are a Logitech Wingman model and a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro The adapter is a USB Plug Series A to D-sub -pole jack art no K I need them to work on Windows XP though it would aren't Joysticks recognized be nice if they also work on Windows When Joysticks aren't recognized I plug either Joysticks aren't recognized of them in nothing happens They also don t appear in the device manager When I try to add them via control panel - gt game controllers I get an error saying the gameport or drivers aren t properly configured I don t have the original cd-roms for the joysticks because I got them from a friend who had them lying around in a dusty corner for ages I really hope someone can help me I need to get these joysticks or any two joysticks working as soon as possible for a school project nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys, I have a strange problem, so earlier today i decided to unplug everything from my Laptop and clean my desk, when I plugged everything back in my speakers were no longer being recognized in the tray and only my built in laptop speakers are being recognized.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,
My headphones are plugged into the headphone jack but when I play sound it only goes through the speakers, not the headphones.

I tried going to Playback Devices and enabling them, but headphones don't even show up as an option.

A:Headphones aren't being recognized

I had this happen to my dell computer and the helpdesk went in there and either updated the audio driver in control panel under device manager or deleting the audio driver and rebooting it so windows rerecognized it. try those.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-arent-being-recognized.1002114/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Dell USB devices aren't recognized Studio which is about years old It came initially with Windows and I'm running Windows Ultimate right now About four days ago my computer stopped recognizing my usb mouse I would have it plugged in and using it walk away for a minute and come back and it wouldn't work I unplugged and replugged it in a few times and it worked Then it did USB devices aren't recognized it again and wouldn't work USB devices aren't recognized no matter what I did in any of the ports I tried multiple other mice and usb devices and the computer won't recognize any of them Finally I reinstalled windows thinking there was a problem with the registry or something and it started working again I went through the hours of updating and reinstalling some of my stuff then this morning the same thing is happening again It won't recognize devices I went to Dell website and updated all my drivers my bios and chipsets I've restarted repeatedly I've checked the USB section on device management and tried to find any problem area but there is none I've run dell diagnostic and windows diagnostic and all say they can't figure out the problem I'm stuck What am I supposed to do I've tried unplugging the power supply removing the battery doing basically everything that came to mind I really need some help and ideas on how I could fix this It's really frustrating me I wiped my computer and went through all those hours of work just for it to mess up again today and I'm very annoyed Thanks in advance for any help

A:USB devices aren't recognized

Hi and welcome to TSF I can only suggest this as a possible help USB Driver Reset and USB Ports Power State Reset - Sysnative Forums afraid I can't think of anything else

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-devices-arent-recognized-693500.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro because of a patched user32 virus that caused me problems (it seems to be gone now since the re-install).

But now since I re-installed Windows XP, my dvd and cd drives don't show up in Windows. In BIOS they are recognized as ch.0 master and ch.0 slave drives. But in Windows they're not there in My Computer or Device Manager. I pop in a disc and it spins around but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what's wrong? I know it's not jumper cable problems because they worked fine before the re-install.

I don't have Service Pack 2 yet because I wanted to wait until I could back up my files on DVD before I upgraded, but since I can't burn or use my drives I don't want to take the risk yet.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks.

Relevancy 62.78%

I recently re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro because of a patched user32 virus that caused me problems.

But now since I re-installed Windows XP, my dvd and cd drives don't show up in Windows. In BIOS they are recognized as ch.0 master and ch.0 slave drives. But in Windows they're not there in My Computer or Device Manager. I pop in a disc and it spins around but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what's wrong? I know it's not jumper cable problems because they worked fine before the re-install.

I don't have Service Pack 2 yet because I wanted to wait until I could back up my files on DVD before I upgraded, but since I can't burn or use my drives I don't want to take the risk yet.

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks.

A:CD-Rom and DVD-Rom drives aren't recognized

Welcome to TSF

Try the info in this link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116#

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-rom-and-dvd-rom-drives-arent-recognized-489569.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello folks Well I think I have another virus It HAS been awhile but I think we got nailed this week Interesting thing about it is if I even to a clean new install of hjt or avg those programs do not run The second time I try to access them I get a path not found error After reboot I noticed two items in the running programs loginui exe runs then disappears Im not familiar with it nor do I know it involves a virus There is another one that runs -- keeps running for awhile then allows the rest of the services etc to load It is called exe -- Some symptoms include a screensaver coming on when none should and when you leave the screensaver the computer freezes with the background showing no icons Occasionally the icons return Any chance someone can help me to at least get a hjt log to show you if not cure it directly I m running WindowsXP up to date with IE on a dell box I m posting from a different computer so there is no tsg sysinfo Thanks TBF nbsp

A:hjt and avg aren't recognized - VIRUS!

Update: I can download but cannot run any anti-virus programs.

I now have "Open Cloud Security" which I assume is a farce.

I cannot run any utilities like dds. or the like.

Any suggestions, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-and-avg-arent-recognized-virus.1019329/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone I've always come to this forum for answers and I've been able to solve most of them but right now I needed to make an account to explain my issue because I'm out of My to working ports aren't as supposed 3.0 ideas First of all I saw a thread similar to this but the solution they gave didn't accomplish much I have a Lenovo E it has usb ports and all of them are I have a Samsung M Slimline TB USB Portable Hard Drive with its cable So this is what happens I use my office internet to download movies games etc then I place them on my M to bring it to home The speed I get in my computer office which is a decent computer is about - mbps which is fine I guess because I connect my M to a port but when I get home My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to no My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to matter which port I My 3.0 ports aren't working as supposed to use since all of them are I guess about the same transfer speed or maybe less sometimes even mbps I wondered if my hard drive was faulty because sometimes it will take a while for my laptop to recognize it when in my office it does almost right away and my office computer is lower than my laptop I downloaded my usb ports drivers from the manufacture website Lenovo and realized it was the same that the Windows installed by itself so I did some tests like uninstall the ones that Windows installed and then manually reinstall I did that then restarted the computer After that just less than mins I would get a blue screen error showing some issue with a file which is the one I just installed from the drivers downloaded in Lenovo so I had to be quick and uninstall everything so I would stop having this blue screen error Now I'm back with the ones that Windows install when it realized I don't have still the same driver name and everything so I don't know what's the difference between them Yesterday I was transfering a game folder and at first was about - mbps then it increases a to mbps Does this laptop needs to be upgraded to or since maybe and just maybe its drivers are not fully supported in Windows I don't like Windows I have an original Windows Pro which I tried It was good and got a good feeling to it at first but then out of the blue after I installed some stuffs and needed to restart my drivers went off I mean my wireless drivers and lan ones were uninstalled also my latest graphics drivers were uninstalled and I couldn't figure it out why that happened since I was just installing normal stuffs and I like to restart after installing stuffs So I brush it off and went back to Windows If you might wonder no I don't remember how much transfer speed I was getting while using Windows I think I didn't even use my M since my hard drive had a partition when I installed Windows so I didn't need to plug it So that's pretty much everything till now I've been thinking if I should try Windows again but I'm afraid I would stumble upon that issue again and also updating in Windows was a really really pain in the armpit it was hellish slow and weekend just started and I wouldn't like to spend - hours just updating tonight I hope I can sort things out Thank you very much in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392222-my-3-0-ports-arent-working-supposed.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so like by recognized computer? aren't Headphones this is very confusing but hear me out One day i come home and go on my computer All of a sudden my headphones don't work I've tried everything and I think I've made it worse I tried to unplug my headphones and put them into another jack but that doesn't work I tried to uninstall the headphones from my pc and reinstall but that doesn't work the only thing that sort of worked was when i plugged my headphones into the front and made the pc think it was speakers I can hear through ear if i put it full in but if i put it halfway it goes to both but the quality gets worse There is no bass boost or surround sound when i plug it into the front i need for cs go The mic doesn't work at all Headphones aren't recognized by computer? in any way In the back of my computer there are ports pink light green and dark green I've tried all sorts Headphones aren't recognized by computer? of combos of plugging my mic and headphone plugs into any of them to no avail If it helps as stated above my headphones use two plugs for mic and for sound The mic is pink and sound is green Also when i look in the sound menu it shows that sound is being played through the speakers but I can't hear it Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/73916-headphones-arent-recognized-computer.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have adobe flash player installed as well as java, but whenever I try to load up a browser game that requires java or adobe flash player, it says I don't have the plugin installed.

A:Browser Plug-ins aren't recognized

Hi there .. You do not state which Browser you are using ? .... You need to Check if the Flash plugin is enabled in your Browser ..

Also i strongly suggest you get an Antivirus Program and do a full scan .. I would also Install Malwarebytes

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/340403-browser-plug-ins-arent-recognized.html
Relevancy 61.92%

2 weeks ago, I think it was a Monday, my sister turned off the computer for the night... the next morning she turned it on and the mouse didn't work.

The mouse is USB connected and isn't responding. The red light on the bottom is turned on, but it won't move the cursor. When I plugged in my Mp3 player, it didn't really respond, just the Charging screen flashes every few seconds, then turns off again...

And when I go to 'My Computer', the places where 'Driver E-J' usually is, is gone. It's just blank slots where they should be, then shows 'Erin's Documents', 'Shelly's Documents' files....

Is this a virus or something else?

We've been running the full version of Stop Sign over and over again hoping it would find something, but it doesn't pick anything up.

A:Mouse, USB ports, and Drivers aren't working.

Hi xErin and welcome to TSF

It seems that you might have an issue with drivers on your computer so we will now do a check with the Windows Device Manager to make sure of this. Please follow the steps below:

Windows XP Method
Click Start
Click Run
Type in devmgmt.msc and click Ok

In your next post report back if you see yellow exclamation marks, or red X's on any icon in the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-usb-ports-and-drivers-arent-working-196097.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been using a different computer for quite some time because it's been more stable with larger files and what not but I decided to start recording a few audio files for my first audio book after a sales failed to take an upturn I had a small budget from my day job to work with so I decided to revive a laptop which I hadn't used in ages I stuck a drive in it and used my system builders copy of win to put an OS on there because I wanted nothing but the audio work to be present I didn't browse the web much I did check my email once or twice on it and I tried to eliminate any possibility of externalbay failure, OS an partitions aren't in recognized infection by keeping it off of networks of the time So it should be improbable it's infected or anything When I first setup the computer for recording I found a moderately priced usb microphone and downloaded something I was familiar with Audacity So after a quick check OS failure, partitions aren't recognized in an externalbay of audio quality of the playback I recorded the bulk of the audio files I'd edit to produce the final files It took roughly hrs of actual recording and about a week and a half to find the OS failure, partitions aren't recognized in an externalbay free time stamina information tools and what not but I did eventually create the OS failure, partitions aren't recognized in an externalbay bulk audio files I'd need to cut out bloopers and my time procrastinating because I don't like the subject Next I entered the editing phase I started opening the files I just created back up in audacity and started clipping out segments I wanted to cut out because of background noise failure to annunciate pops and squeaks interruptions etc And I was able to edit about files and create my final mp for chapters Then I started on the fourth and half way through the file my computer started freezing when ever I'd try to initiate a command like delete replacing a segment with generated silence shrinking a segment or pasting a segment back to the primary track after removing it from the secondary So I saved and tried to restart the computer because I'm only intermediately technologically adept I was hoping this would clear the ram or something When I tried to save this file my computer froze again and claimed that the hard drive was full so I couldn't write within the folder location however I was able to export it to an mp and save it in lower quality This is when started to try debugging my computer under the task manager my hard drive permanently showed activity however under my computer it claimed to have over half of the drive space freed up still so I figured I'd be able to write to it still However I started having issues opening up files or saving the edited ones to different locations I didn't know whether it filled up the temporary files or something so I tried backing up my work while I still could and tried to save it onto a flash drive When I did my computer claimed that the drive which had gb free didn't have enough space for a mb folder full of files for a single audacity project So I tried a different quot Chapter quot or folder and was able to move one which I recovered and opened up on my primary computer With the precedent of success I tried to recover another project This time I received the same error that my drive didn't have enough space and again I was certain that it did because it showed gb of free space So I opened up audacity and clicked save as which successfully saved one of my files onto a flash drive Whence I attempted to recover the next however I was met by an error claiming that my computer couldn't read the file because of a cyclical redundancy error And I was unsuccessful in saving it elsewhere Nor could I recover any of the others I did a little googling and found that with cyclical redundancy errors like the term implies occur because the information is stored either more than one radian of the disk inside at whatever radius or radii Which is corr... Read more

A:OS failure, partitions aren't recognized in an externalbay

If you're trying to recover your data, you'll need to do that first - as reinstalling the OS is fraught with difficulties that could erase your data.

The easiest method is to use a bootable OS disk that allows you to copy the data to an external USB device. An external hard drive is the best bet as it's large and reusable.

As for where it's saved, the most likely spot is the Users folder. Backing that folder up in it's entirety (with system and hidden files showing) will likely recover everything. There are some programs that store information in other, less likely places - but you'll have to try out each program in order to figure out if any of yours do that. Most well known programs behave predictabley - it's the lesser known one's that sometimes do things a bit out of the ordinary.

If you're uncertain, just backup the entire hard drive - that'll ensure the you get everything that was saved to the disk.
As to what's saved, unless you've setup an automatic backup of some sort - the only things saved are the things that you've saved yourself.

You should not have issues moving things because of a file type. You may have issues with Windows not being able to open things because of a file type that isn't registered with a program to open it.

If this isn't real clear, please post back with further questions.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56222-os-failure-partitions-arent-recognized-externalbay.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey all I'm a EVGA recognized Firewire aren't LE drives by X58 SLI proud owner of an EVGA X SLI LE and I love it I only have had one issue since owning the board for awhile and that involves the onboard Firewire headers Firewire drives aren't recognized by EVGA X58 SLI LE and included connector for them I finally decided to do something about it Firewire drives aren't recognized by EVGA X58 SLI LE so here I am The included connector and headers on the board seem to work OK whenever I connect a Firewire device the drive will spin up and the activity light turns on so I know that it is getting power Problem is the drive is never recognized by Windows - not in Device Manager My Computer or anywhere else I have tried several different drives all with the same result and I know that the drives and Firewire cables work because I have hooked them up to other computers without issue I've enabled support in the BIOS just to be sure that the computer itself wasn't causing the issue And since the drives seem to get power I don't necessarily believe it is a header or connector issue Instead I think I've narrowed the problem down to the Windows driver I'm running Windows Pro -bit and I am using the standard Firewire drivers that Windows installs automatically My Firewire connector appears as OHCI Compliant Host Controller in Device Manager I've tried using the other drivers that Windows offers including the OHCI Compliant Host Controller Legacy and the Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant Host Controller I've rebooted after changing the controller to either driver but nothing works I even deleted the IEEE Bus Host Controller driver and rebooted so that Windows would reinstall it and that still didn't help I'm just wondering if there is another driver I can use or if there is something else that I am missing entirely I already installed the chipset driver from the EVGA downloads page but it is somewhat outdated as it's for an older version of the inf file I know that Windows support for Firewire has been dodgy at best ever since Vista but I'm willing to try anything to resolve the problem

A:Firewire drives aren't recognized by EVGA X58 SLI LE

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/315540-firewire-drives-arent-recognized-evga-x58-sli-le.html
Relevancy 61.49%

One CD burner was installed on computer along with a CD ROM. CD burner worked fine. Removed CD ROM and inserted a DVD burner. Now neither work, Explorer doesn't recognize them, and they don't show up in the Device Manager at all. I checked the connections three times. I'm running Windows XP Pro. I have looked around for answers but haven't found the right one yet. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.49%

I installed 2 Maxtor Sata 120 gig drives and set them up for Raid O. When I try to install the operating system - XP Pro - the HDD's are not recognized as being installed and I get the blue screen of death with error messages.

Please help....cause the Geek Guys at Best Buy took me for $300 and didn't fix the problem.

A:Maxtor Hdd's set to Raid O aren't recognized when loading XP Pro

You need to load the SATA RAID drivers when the setup program asks you to. (Press F6 to load thrid party drivers)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maxtor-hdds-set-to-raid-o-arent-recognized-when-loading-xp-pro.21432/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello again I am trying to fix up a Dell P ghz no HD no OS ram computer that I bought a while back I bought a SATA hard drive and got Windows Me and installed both on the computer I don t have a lot of the drivers for the devices video card modem LAN sound card etc on the computer but with the ones I do I can t install them or do Cd-rw aren't drives recognized My computer & start-up - at Help!!! Dvd-rom anything because I all the drives that are recognized are C and A The drives are connected to power and are connected to the bus cables This is my biggest problem to getting this computer up and running I don t konw WHY I can t access these drives because that s what I used of course to install Windows Je ne comprend pas I looked into the BIOS but I don t see anything there that would help me -By the way how can you quot reset quot your BIOS to make sure that My Cd-rw & Dvd-rom drives aren't recognized at computer start-up - Help!!! everything is as it should be HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED - THANKS nbsp

A:My Cd-rw & Dvd-rom drives aren't recognized at computer start-up - Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-rw-dvd-rom-drives-arent-recognized-at-computer-start-up-help.353482/
Relevancy 60.63%

A week ago or so a problem started when I booted up my windows 8 acer desktop and once it got to the log in screen the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work... Although I got that fixed somehow and it didn't happen again... until now. I've tried everything I can think of but it doesn't fix it. Please I need help fast

-snossy

A:My USB ports aren't working past boot on my acer windows 8. HELP PLEASE. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?

Can anyone help? Please I need to do work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-past-boot-on-my-acer-windows-8-help-please-is-there-anything-i-can-do.1163524/
Relevancy 60.63%

A week ago or so a problem started when I booted up my windows 8 acer desktop and once it got to the log in screen the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work... Although I got that fixed somehow and it didn't happen again... until now. I've tried everything I can think of but it doesn't fix it. Please I need help fast

-snossy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-past-boot-on-my-acer-windows-8.1163524/
Relevancy 60.63%

I googled how to open ports and it told me go in to windows firewall>advanced setting>new rule etc. I want to install a game so I need certain ports to be open and unrestricted. When I used online port checker sites they all say the required ports aren't open. What's the deal here?

A:Online port checker sites saying ports aren't open

Hi how are you connected to the internet, is it directly or do you have a router?
If you have a router you will have to do a port forwarding on it, to your ip address.
If you are connected directly you will have to call your ISP, and have them open the ports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251421-online-port-checker-sites-saying-ports-arent-open.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am having trouble with the Power Plan Settings The default settings were not what I wanted so I have tried to change them several times I chose NEVER on all options saved them and even rebooted a couple times The settings in Ctrl Panel stay at what I changed them to but the computer does not recognize them It continually goes to sleep display goes down after minute of being idle I tried contacting the Live Chat explained my issues told her what I had already done and now was contacting them She didn't ask me any questions other than what I had done to troubleshoot and sent New Computer/Win aren't Plan settings recognized 7, Power me to a link that explains what I already knew and done several times No help at New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized all I've been searching for help on the net New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized and finally found this forum I am hoping that someone here has had the same issues and knows what I can do It also won't accept my change requiring a password when I sign into the computer I don't want to have to sign in changed that to NO but it still requires a password I also made sure my windows has all the updates Thanks for any help Nothing worse than reading in an idle mode only to have the screen New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized go down after minute requiring I sign back in Kathy

A:New Computer/Win 7, Power Plan settings aren't recognized

Do you have any bloatware of third party programs that might be set to mess with screen settings?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Please Run sfc /scan now using option 2 in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please post back the results.
Please indicate what message was displayed at the end:

Windows found no integrity violations

OR

Corrupt files were found, and windows was unable to fix them.

OR

Corrupt files were found, and windows successfully repaired them

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/338908-new-computer-win-7-power-plan-settings-arent-recognized.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have reformated my hard drive and am attempting to replace saved .dbx files to outlook express. Unable to recognize them. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] .dbx files aren't recognized in outlook express

Welcome to TSF....

The dbx files have to be imported into outlook express so if you just copy the directory to your hard drive that they are in and use the import function on the file menu you should be alright, jsut copying the dbx files into outlook will not work because they are not getting registered by outlook express.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dbx-files-arent-recognized-in-outlook-express-242265.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hello
my problem is very confusing
every time i plug in a usb for android device it says it's not recognized by windows however the mobile or the tablet are charging via the USB but i cannot access the memory card
i tried installing intel USB driver , ADB driver but still no response
i use windows 8.1 last update was 3 days ago

A:android devices aren't recognized by my lenovo G580

Originally Posted by Zaref

hello
my problem is very confusing
every time i plug in a usb for android device it says it's not recognized by windows however the mobile or the tablet are charging via the USB but i cannot access the memory card
i tried installing intel USB driver , ADB driver but still no response
i use windows 8.1 last update was 3 days ago

Try Wondershare MobileGo free trial. After it installs the proper device drivers you should be good to go and under no obligation to buy.

[OFFICIAL] Wondershare MobileGo for Android: Android Manager

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53457-android-devices-arent-recognized-my-lenovo-g580.html
Relevancy 60.2%

-snossy

A:My USB ports aren't working past boot on my acer windows 8... HELP PLEASE... I NEED TO DO WORK

Can anyone help? Please I need to do work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-usb-ports-arent-working-past-boot-on-my-acer-windows-8-help-please-i-need-to-do-work.1163524/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi nbsp I have an HP Pavillion -g dx that came factory installed with Windows I decided to give the new operating system a go but was overall very unsatisfied with it's overall Not Ports Recognized USB performance and buggy updates Not wanting to give up on the new machine USB Ports Not Recognized I decided to bring back and oldie but a goodie - Windows I had a copy of Windows Home Premium lying around so I gave it a go and installed the OS I successfully got the internet up and running and in no time most of my drivers were installed The problem I face now is that the old OS doesn't want to work with my USB ports I'm not using a hub and have nearly exauhsted the drivers section of this website If anyone would kindly point out how I could go about fixing this issue all help would be very appreciated nbsp I am also not interested in turning back to Windows It's too buggy and slow for my daily use nbsp Thanks in advance

A:USB Ports Not Recognized

Hi: Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-Ports-Not-Recognized/td-p/5758164
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently bought an ipod and installed the software. The ipod itself is supposed to turn on when you plug it into a USB port, which it won't do. When I right-click My Computer and go to Properties Hardware Device Manager, it does not list USB ports. I assume that I am having a problem with the drivers. Any insight?

Relevancy 55.04%

my computer does not recognize all myusb ports using win xp pro

A:usb ports not recognized

My neighbor is having the same problem, except he's only using 2000. I have to go up there in a bit to look at it but figured I'd better get a head start on the problems that will surely arise. I'm guessing there is going to be a problem with a newer board than his OS can support. Shoot! You'd think if the computer's got them OEM they'd be supported by the BIOS!..... He says he's enabled USB Legacy support, we'll see.
Tell you what. I'm gonna look around a bit and see if this is gonna be a problem. You keep looking too and we can compare to each other. Remember, in mine, the guy has an old OS.
I'll post here if I find anything I think will help you.
Sincerely
policetac

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-recognized.641789/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all my brother has an hp compaq d small form factor pc He was installing I think a game controller and he said he deleted quot his usb drivers quot Right now none of his USB ports are recognized at all Also I m almost positive no power is going to the ports because a USB memory stick doesn not recognized Ports USB t light up when plugged in I m not sure if it lights up when it gets power or when Windows recognizes it So anyways I ve tried installer programs from the Intel website and several other places to no avail Here s what device manager says under quot Universal Serial Bus Controllers quot Intel R EB USB Universal Host Controller - D Intel R EB USB Universal Host Controller - D Intel R EB USB Ports not recognized USB Universal Host Controller - D Intel R EB USB Universal Host Controller - DD They all have the usb icon with a yellow caution sign over top on the left Thanks for your help Edit Sorry forgot to say he has Windows XP Pro SP Here is a link to the product page on hp com http h www hp com bizsuppor ypeId amp prodSeriesId amp lang en amp cc us nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-recognized.515463/
Relevancy 55.04%

hello, I have emachine w3080 and the usb ports are plugged in and working but their not being recognized I put my 512mb data card up and the light goes on but my machine will not recognize it. A few weeks ago I had to reload my win xp home edition cus I was having problems and ever since no usb's

A:usb ports not recognized

Sounds like you need to load the drivers for the motherboard, these are not part of Windows.

The drivers should have been supplied by e-machines, if you are using the disks that came with the PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-recognized.746907/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi guys
i try to connect USB flash drive to my PC that use Win XP SP2 Professional . but it not recognize this and other USB dvices such as Camera and Printer and other flash drives . i test my dvices in other PCs and my notebook (win 7 HP) these have working but not work in my PC. help me to solve this problem. thanks

A:all of my USB ports is not recognized! help me!

We need specific information to help answer your question so would you please repost this with appropriate answers to the questions that pertain to your problem, so we can better help you fix your problem quickly.

Computer: Brand Name & Model #

Age of system and relevant components if different :

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista or Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, is it up to date?

For Video or Graphic problems:

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, Firefox, Sea Monkey and version #

For Network problems:

LAN or ethernet card(s) or adapters: Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration
Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install any hardware or software before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.
(Run,msconfig,ok,startup) and what is checked

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software
This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.
Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-of-my-usb-ports-is-not-recognized-help-me-584828.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I recently changed my OS from Windows XP couldn t stand it to Windows ME Everything went pretty well I did a clean install did all the things that go with that formatting partitioning etc The only problem I had was I couldn t get my All-in-One to work It has a USB connection I just found out USB recognized. not being ports it was the usb s when I tried to use my camera on a USB port I ve added drivers and updated everything but apparently haven t found the right ones for the USB s Can anyone help There s a problem with the vmm dll for one In the System folder there s a folder for VMM that s empty but on the list of files that aren t in folders the vmm USB ports not being recognized. dll is there Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to fix this I m disabled so can t just throw it in the car and run it over to the repair shop can t afford it anyway lol In the Device Manager there s a yellow question mark on the USBs When I try to install my printer it says it can t find the port or something to that effect It s like there are no USBs installed It s a generic custom made computer with a Pentium GB HD It came with USB ports not being recognized. Windows XP I m going crazy without my printer Please skip the part about my questionable mentality for switching to ME it s what I want Thanks so much for any help I would SO appreciate it Robyn nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Computer Specs OS Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Type x Model HP-Pavilion m t A Little History Ports Recognized USB Not Some [SOLVED] This computer is a little more than a month old The two external hard drives [SOLVED] Some USB Ports Not Recognized and the portable media player I use are both much older -HD WD Caviar GB - Less than a year -HD ChenYu GB - More than four years -ARCHOS - Less than a year There is also another character to introduce my webcam -Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks - Less than a week With the exception of the webcam these three items have been working properly throughout the first month of the computer The Problem Woo Now down to the good stuff The problem occurred for the first time on Certain USB devices that have been plugged in for a certain unknown amount of time would cease to be recognized by the computer As far as I can tell this has only affected the Caviar the ARCHOS and the QuickCam My mouse it's a USB mouse and the ChenYu drive are still working fine For instance last night as a test I left my Caviar on and my QuickCam plugged in This morning when I tried to open up the QuickCam software it gave me this Code A webcam was not found or is not working properly Check to make sure the camera is properly plugged into the USB port and press the Reconnect button As for the Caviar when I try to access it all the folders would appear as empty even though I know it's not and the Disk Properties show GB out of GB being used I plugged my ARCHOS in this morning and it worked fine A reboot will fix everything temporarily but the problem keeps reoccurring Another thing I noticed when working the Caviar has a flashing blue light where the frequency of the flashing is dependent on how much I'm using it Since I noticed this problem started whenever the Caviar is on the light is a steady blue - it doesn't blink at all The ChenYu drive is behaving the same way What I have tried to do Nothing yet The QuickCam was installed on the the day after the problem arose and the earliest checkpoint for a System Restore was on as well If there is any more information you need of me please let me know Thank you HNC

A:[SOLVED] Some USB Ports Not Recognized

hi ok you could uninstall the web cam and see if the other harware works as it should if yes you found the problem maybe a driver update for the cam would help if not go to start control panel device manager and look for any yellow! if there are any download and install the drivers from the manufacturers web site support page for your make and model of comp that is here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...oduct=3832294& with a little luck you get it sorted

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-some-usb-ports-not-recognized-332662.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Having kind of a strange problem with my external HDD. I have two USB ports on the front of my case which I normally use to connect the drive (Passport 250GB). For some reason when I plug it in to either of these ports the drive does not work. It powers on but I can hear clicking and nothing happens on-screen. Plug it into one of the rear ports and it works fine! I don't get it. All of my other USB devices (thumb drives, USB headset, card reader) work fine on these two front ports so it's not making any sense. I use this drive primarily for school, and my rear ports are in use for other devices, so I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

A:WD Passport Not Recognized on 2 USB Ports

Do you have anything else connected to those front ports? That drive gets all its power from USB, it may be that those ports can no longer provide enough power for the drive. The ones directly from the motherboard (like the ones on the back) are able to provide the power required by the drive. So if you have anything else connected to those front ports, disconnect it and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-passport-not-recognized-on-2-usb-ports.119430/
Relevancy 54.61%

My mom's PC is running on M.E. operating system and she asked me for help. Both of the USB ports; printer and camera being used/plugged-in suddenly do not work or being recognized. I switched cables, checked connections, tested printer and no change in error message....."can not find....check cables/ turn on etc...... I unloaded her printer driver, attempted to reinstall it but it will not fully complete install due to no recognition of printer. I ran a Dell Utility test disk with on-line Dell support staff instructing me. Still no luck. I'm not sure if this is hardware or software....Confused?

Dasboat

Relevancy 54.61%

Computer is a Dell D running in USB Ports longer are no recognized a docking station with Windows XP SP Recently I had a USB Ports are no longer recognized problem with an AdAware upgrade which caused my system to go into terminal blue-screen re-boot mode I solved that by rolling back my system to a stable mode and all seemed to be fine and yes I uninstalled AdAware and will not ever use it again I provide this info as background since it was a fairly recent event - it may or may not be related to my problem however Today I went to upload some pics from my USB-connected camera and my computer isn t seeing the camera Tried a different camera same thing Tried a thumb-drive nothing Tried all the USB ports including the ones in the docking station nothing I ve tried everything I d read about quot fixing quot USB ports going away to no avail Powered everything down and disconnected overnight no change From Device Manager I Uninstalled all my USB drivers and then let them reinstall That all seemed to go fine but no change in the final outcome - nothing works when connected to any USB FWIW the USB-connected device will get power when connected it s just not otherwise communicating I m at a loss as to what to try next nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all I have an issue with a new USB recognized Win being in ports not 2000 printer install that I m hoping you all can help with Just purchased a new multi-function Epson CX for use on my desktop System is an older Pentium II MHz with built-in USB ports circa running with USB ports not being recognized in Win 2000 Win system originally used Win The printer software was loaded on the system seemingly without incident until it prompted me to print a USB ports not being recognized in Win 2000 test page which is when I got an error message that said the printer was not connected i e not recognized I attempted to delete and reinstall the drivers this time from Epson s website but with the same results Then a friend suggested that the USB ports on my system were incompatible or vs and that a USB PCI card would solve the problem Again installation of the card and software seemed to go fine but the same result The only other piece of information I can add is that when I tried to troubleshoot the problem with Epson on the phone this was all before the PCI card attempt the Epson tech had me look in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controller I was told that I was supposed to see things there USB Printing Support USB MFB and Imaging Device None of the items were there before I put in the PCI card Now the only one NOT there is Imaging Device After I put in the PCI card and reloaded the software there was a yellow exclamation point next to the USB MFB line item The properties of that line item showed the Epson CX but that the drives were not installed properly Again I tried to reinstall but with the same result That s all I can offer for an explanation Thank you in advance for any assistance you can all pass along Terry M nbsp

A:USB ports not being recognized in Win 2000

I don't know, but I'm having the same issues running a Pent. III withwin 98se. I'm about to return the new printer cx6600 to office max and try to resolve the problem that way. Seems there are no software fixes for the usb 2.0 issue and you tried the pci card upgrade!

birdsg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-not-being-recognized-in-win-2000.322460/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello

I have Kingston 2GB DataTraveler (DT) and windows 7 RTM 64bit does not recognize it when pluged into 2 front usb ports or 2 top back usb ports. Other 6 lower back ports work. I have Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 mobo. This mobo has 8 usb on the back and 2 usb headers. One header is used for Codegen 7in1 cardreader+1usb port, other is used for 2 front panel usb ports.

Few things ive noticed:
1) my old apacer mp3 player works on all usb ports.
2) most of new higher capacity usb's are not recognized in those malfuncioning ports
3) if i plug DT into Codegen's USB port, DT is then recognized on all ports

I've read this thread, tried instaling new Intel's Infs, tried removing all usb devices exept Codegen's. No effect. Any suggestions for my case?

A:USB device not recognized, only at 4/12 ports

Similar problem: see my thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/157142-usb-devices-not-recognized-selectively.html

Did you recently install any new hardware such as a PSU? Or did u do a recent windows update?
If anyone comes up with solution let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28517-usb-device-not-recognized-only-4-12-ports.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Until recently I have not had any problems with the USB ports; now, the ones in the front of the case are not recognized after the system goes to sleep. If this feature is turned off everything works fine. I am using an Intel core i5, 750 @ 2.67GHz, 8 GB ram and 64 bit operating system. It is a Dell Studio XPS. Windows 7 with SP 1

Have checked all the drivers and all are up to date. There isn't any indication in Device Manager and each entry indicates "operating correctly"

Any and all help is appreciated.

A:Solved: USB Ports not recognized

Check the Usb Hubs in Device manager, right-click > Properties > Power Management tab, make sure 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' box is NOT ticked for each Hub.

(I'm in XP right now the wording etc may be different in 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-ports-not-recognized.1037248/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have had alot of problems with drivers because the motherboard and video card needed replacement. When that was fixed the speakers would not work......... driver related.

Printer Error Message:

What do I do about re-installing drivers?
Or
where do I get usb drivers from?
Thanks Lu
Running xp

Relevancy 54.61%

All of my USB port are not responding. I checked the Device Manager and they all have that yellow ! mark next to them. Is there anyway to get them working again?

A:Solved: USB Ports not Recognized?

This is marked solved, is it really solved?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-ports-not-recognized.472466/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently my USB ports USB 2.0 speed as recognized high not ports are not performing as high speed ports like they re supposed to They USB 2.0 not recognized as high speed ports re USB 2.0 not recognized as high speed ports all ports but when I plug something in to any of the ports I get a message saying quot This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a High-Speed USB port quot then says quot click here for a list of available ports quot When I click for the available ports all of my USB ports are listed but they all do the same thing I m running Windows Vista SP just ran update to make sure everything is up to date opened device manager to make sure there werent any conflicts with my ports and scanned and updated drivers for all of the ports Still I get the same message and the same slow performance Any idea what could be causing this EDIT And just to be clear they re showing up in device manager as quot Enhanced Host Controllers quot so I guess my computer recognizes them as high-speed they re just not performing as high-speed for whatever reason nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ - wm with bit Windows installed happens. when plug USB into recognized, are Ports them, but antything I nothing All the usb ports are recognized in the device manager but if I plug anything into any of the ports nothing happens not even a light blinking Here is a list of things I have already tried -Uninstalling all the drivers in the device manager -Updating the drivers from device manager -Unplugging ac adapter battery and USB Ports are recognized, but when I plug antything into them, nothing happens. holding USB Ports are recognized, but when I plug antything into them, nothing happens. down the power button for - seconds -Going into the BIOS and seeing if the USB ports are disabled see note below -Using different mice thumb drives external hard drives etc -Asking the laptop nicely to make its USB ports work If anyone has any idea how to fix this I would be soooooo grateful I've been trying to fix this problem for over a month and I just could not find anything that would work I am pretty tech-savvy so if any of your ideas have anything to do with opening up the laptop or soldering I am all ears Everything else on the laptop is working fine I have Insyde H version f and there is no Advanced option so I don't know how I would be able to see if the USB ports are enabled or disabled Any help on this would also be greatly appreciated

A:USB Ports are recognized, but when I plug antything into them, nothing happens.

Did they ever work?

If they did, do a system restore to before they stopped working and test.

You say you updated the drivers in device manager, I assume you got them from HP's website
Software & Driver Downloads Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM Notebook PC | HP? Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-ports-are-recognized-but-when-i-plug-antything-into-them-nothing-happens-693308.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I can't remember exactly how this happened because it's been a cascading disaster usb do don't recognized see All drives USB ports devices but other It started All USB ports don't recognized usb drives but do see other devices with All USB ports don't recognized usb drives but do see other devices my efforts to uninstall Crashplan In the course of this I unplugged one usb drive I have from a hub while it was on At the time everything seemed ok but it was not the case once I shut down and rebooted I have usb ports and usb ports along with an old usb card which works fine for a laser printer scanner etc Now in a situation where not a single usb drive is recognized except for the yellow exclamation in device manager Drive properties all say quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code quot After researching this and talking with Asus I was told to reinstall the NEC USB drivers and to reinstall the Intel Chip software When this didn't work I followed instructions on the net and first uninstalled the devices shut down and rebooted letting Windows find the quot right quot drivers Windows appeared to replace the same drivers in device manager and continues to be unable to recognize a single USB or drive whether it is plugged directly into the machine or into the internal card or either external hub At the same time all these usb ports recognize my mouse my keyboard my laser printer battery backup and more I've tried the uninstall shut down and let windows install several times and Asus quickly lost interest and offered to RMA the board which is not worth the trouble to me given that it is already about yrs old I can't even use a backup because no external drives can be read Not sure where to begin but I really need HELP I've no way to backup store photos use the computer with safety I'm quite sure this is not a function of a virus or malware as I'd just run Eset and MBAM the night before And the things that work work perfectly I have a strange error in the event log several times - don't know if it's related to the quot service quot that was stopped and therefore the drives don't function or not It says quot Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected quot Can someone suggest where I might begin I have a restore disk from years ago when I bought the computer but that seems rather drastic since I've added drives gig of ram an SSD and on and on Asus P x D Premium Win Prof SP bit installed a few months ago on the new SSD gig of Ram and lots of hard drive space C is a Plextor P Thanks for reading this long saga of woe Madeline

A:All USB ports don't recognized usb drives but do see other devices

Hello Madeline mate you look like it is in a real mess and I cannot quite work out what you are asking.

If I have it right (looking at the Asus site specs) you have 8 ports at the back panel and 4 x mid board points to connect to now that adds up to 12 ports and my query is which ports are working any of the back ones at all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/275561-all-usb-ports-dont-recognized-usb-drives-but-do-see-other-devices.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Can anyone help me i'm running win7rc build 7100 and none of my usb ports are properly working.external drive lights up but will not show up in explorer.no flash drives not even PCMCIA card with usb ports.PCMCIA card drivers install but usb ports don't work (WTF MS).In device mng. there is no problem showing with ports properties say "working properly,no conflicts"pls. help this is freaking driving me nuts.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

A:Nothing is recognized thru USB Ports Win7rc 7100

Quote: Originally Posted by 44robot

Can anyone help me i'm running win7rc build 7100 and none of my usb ports are properly working.external drive lights up but will not show up in explorer.no flash drives not even PCMCIA card with usb ports.PCMCIA card drivers install but usb ports don't work (WTF MS).In device mng. there is no problem showing with ports properties say "working properly,no conflicts"pls. help this is freaking driving me nuts.

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

robot
First things first system specs please.

Second you are going to have to look in device manager (type device manager in search) and go to the usb ports to see if they are all there and working. ther shouldn't be yellow triangles on them.

You could (use the snipping tool) upload a pic for us

KEn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17180-nothing-recognized-thru-usb-ports-win7rc-7100-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I have an Acer 5230E-2177 which has a usb port in back that if I plug in my thumb drive I can get all my files. But if I plug into either of the usb ports on left side nothing happens. Went to Device Management by way of Computer:Manage, and only three drives show up usually which are: Recovery Partition, Acer C: , System Reserved Also, when I look at drives in Computer I get C: and D: (DVD) and if I plug in the thumb drive into back USB I get E:. So why don't the two USB ports on side work? Thanks

A:Thumb drive not recognized in two of three ports

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Do other Devices work on the other USB Ports ? Do you get any errors when using the Thumb Drive in these ports ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325592-thumb-drive-not-recognized-two-three-ports.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I updated from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 and during this period did not try the front USB e ports but at 8.0 they worked.  I then went to Windows 10 after updating 8.1 and after the update to Windows 10 the ports do not work.  Problem the top port does not work at all but if I plug a USB 1, 2, 3 into the back and then eject the USB the result is that I can use the bottom port even though Device manager reports that it is effectively not usable.  So how do I fix this problem as the Internet, HP and other links failed to ID my problem.  Note the USB 3 ports are a Texas Instruments xHCI device and the ports in Device Manager are also xHCI on the hub.

A:S5-1400T USB ports report USB device not recognized

Hello @bananaman2009, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I read your post about the issue with the USB ports, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the issue may have started after upgrading to Windows 8.1.  However, you know for sure that the issue is present after upgrading to Windows 10. For your desktop model, there does not seem to be any Windows 10 drivers available, on the HP site.  This may be why you are having issues with the USB ports.  It seems like Windows 10 drivers are being pushed through the Windows Update.  That would be the best place to start.  You can check this site as well: HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model? If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: Open the Windows Update troubleshooter It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 If you are still having trouble, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP PCs - Troubleshooting USB connections (Windows 10, 8) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/S5-1400T-USB-ports-report-USB-device-not-recognized/td-p/5681493
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have Silicon Power Blaze B20 flash drive, which is not recognized by my desktop PC's both USB 3.0 ports. The flash drive's light blinks when pugged in, but no reaction from PC's side. I have tried to plug cord between flash drive and PC, but no change. It does recognize the device when plugged in any other USB 2.0 port. And the device is being recognized by other computer's both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, so I assume it is PC's fault, but I have no idea what it is. My PC's USB 3.0 ports do recognize any other USB 3.0 devices - my external HDD, other USB 3.0 devices but this drive.

Thank you!

A:USB 3.0 flash drive not recognized in one PCs USB3.0 ports

I had a Lexar USB 3.0 thumb drive do something similar to that. It worked fine in my laptops USB 3 and USB 2 ports but wouldn't work in my desktops USB 2 ports. It didn't have any USB 3 ports. I ended up returning it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54264-usb-3-0-flash-drive-not-recognized-one-pcs-usb3-0-ports.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I m having trouble with a GB USB pendrive thumbdrive Ok here goes I have a Soyo Dragon Plus w KT chipset http www soyogroup com products proddesc php id motherboard The case has two front USB ports that I ve plugged into the motherboard according to the manual The front USB ports work fine I ve tried both a Microsoft USB mouse into the front and front ports pendrive/thumbdrive recognized USB not in a Logitech Extreme D joystick and both worked fine Using the USB mouse right now So I m almost positive the port isn t the problem The real problem is I bought a new USB pendrive today http www lexar com jumpdrive jd sport html and when I plug this into a known working USB port on the front I get an error about windows not recognizing the hardware and an error USB pendrive/thumbdrive in front ports not recognized has occurred I also know the device itself works because when I plug it USB pendrive/thumbdrive in front ports not recognized into one of the USB ports on the back of the case the device works fine Also on a friends front USB ports to double check http hobonation com dump userfiles BeatYou usbnotrecognized JPG There are no avalible drivers for Windows XP on the lexar site anybody got any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I updated from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 and during this period did not try the front USB e ports but at 8.0 they worked.  I then went to Windows 10 after updating 8.1 and after the update to Windows 10 the ports do not work.  Problem the top port does not work at all but if I plug a USB 1, 2, 3 into the back and then eject the USB the result is that I can use the bottom port even though Device manager reports that it is effectively not usable.  So how do I fix this problem as the Internet, HP and other links failed to ID my problem.  Note the USB 3 ports are a Texas Instruments xHCI device and the ports in Device Manager are also xHCI on the hub.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/S5-1400T-USB-ports-report-USB-device-not-recognized/td-p/5681493
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, ive just bought in a batch of ASUS A78M-A motherboards for some customers, fully installed with the latest chipset drivers from AMD, thought I should check the front USB 3 ports to find it comes up with anything plugged in (USB3 WD external drive + 16Gb Sandisk dongle) as "Not Recognized".

Updated the bios latest version and still nothing! any suggestions?

Thanks,

A:ASUS A78M-A, front USB 3 ports, not recognized

well thats embarrassing, always check the basics plugged the USB 3 header cable in upside down, not sure why fitted, and though obviously checked to make sure never noticed! thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325114-asus-a78m-front-usb-3-ports-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have a desktop computer and several days ago my old W power supply burnt out from overheating I suppose while the computer was on I replaced it with a new one W but when I ports, reaches Solved: devices are recognized. no Power but USB turned it on everything was working properly except for the fact that no USB devices were recognized I have USB front ports and four rear ones Power reaches all of them since LEDs on devices connected light up but OS does not indicate any devices being connected I tried switching off the PC from the mains pressing and holding the power button even removed the battery on the motherboard and reset the BIOS settings Nothing changed I have a dual-boot PC with Windows and Gentoo Linux Neither of the two operating systems give any errors concerning the USB ports and neither recognizes anything plugged in My PC is MB ASUS P B CPU Intel Core Duo GHz HDD Samsung HD LJ ATA GB I don t have a USB keyboard nor a mouse to try and see if they work during BIOS boot Does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a new system based on ASUS SABERTOOTH X running Win x The system includes support for USB and I recently started using WD Passport T external USB drives for Win7, Flash/SD but longer no recognized work by ports USB backup I've encountered problems since I started using these drives I don't know if they are related One is a boot Flash/SD no longer recognized by Win7, but USB ports work issue which I've posted here The second problem is that my Flash Media SD and Mem Stix are no longer recognized This didn't happen immediately when I started using the Passport drives so I don't know if its related The problem is that when I insert a Flash drive or SD card it is not recognized by the system though the system's response to attaching these drives varies Sometime I Flash/SD no longer recognized by Win7, but USB ports work hear the usual tone that the system recognizes the disk but I don't get the quot What do you want me to do quot prompt After awhile the corresponding icon for the drive will show up in the quot Devices with Removable Storage quot section of quot My Computer quot or in the case of an SD card the icon for the card reader will no longer be greyed out However nothing happens when I dbl click on the icon Other times the system will state that the device needs to be formatted I have USB ports in which this occurs and I have tested all of them with an external HDD and it mounts correctly I have tested the Flash Drives on other computers and they are formatted correctly When I attach my camera via USB SD card works fine I'm stumped Thanks

A:Flash/SD no longer recognized by Win7, but USB ports work

I fixed this by uninstalling Acronis True Image Home.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202087-flash-sd-no-longer-recognized-win7-but-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys,

Every now and then I have a problem where Vista displays the message "USB device not recognized" when I plug my iPhone on the USB port. It happens with all the USB ports on the machine and rebooting the computer will fix the problem.

Does anyone has a suggestion as to what may cause the problem and how to fix it?
It there a service that I could try to restart instead of restarting the whole computer?

I am running Vista Business SP1 x64.

Thanks for your help.

A:USB ports not working until reboot

Open up device manager, search for dev in the start menu, and see if any exclamation marks are listed. Also, run sfc /scannow at an elevated command prompt.

Is this a laptop?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251545-usb-ports-not-working-until-reboot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I installed a new SSD into the ProBook 4530s. When I turn on the laptop and then turn off, everything is fine. But when I need to restart the notebook, because of updates for example, BIOS does not detect SSD and I need restart it once more. Any sugestions? BIOS: 68SRR Ver. F.60 (latest)MODE: AHCISSD: TS128GSSD370S (latest FW) 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-not-recognized-after-reboot/td-p/5661008
Relevancy 52.46%

I just added a Buslink USB DVD/RW drive to my system. Problem is, the system won't even recognize that it is connected. What I've found is that to get the system to recognize the drive, I have to pull both the power and the usb cable -after- I've restarted the computer.

I have the drive connected to a power center and if I leave it powered off, then power it on after the reboot, it still isn't recognized. The PC won't reboot with the device connected. I've seen this on another PC with a USB hard drive, and I solved that by adding a USB 2.0 ad-on card. On this PC, USB 2.0 is built in to the mobo. So, two problems...can't recognize the device -and- can't reboot with device powered on.

I went through the steps posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/showpost.php?p=1839457&postcount=4
without success. Thoughts?

A:USB DVD/RW not recognized, can't reboot

I tried connecting the drive via firewire instead of USB and now can see the drive as expected and reboot the PC with the drive powered on. So I'll just leave it at that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-dvd-rw-not-recognized-cant-reboot.259341/
Relevancy 52.03%

my motherboard is the gigabyte m m-s p i got usb on the this make recognized work. back ports device seem it USB it but doesnt to back and maybe also but my problem is it suddenly doesnt let my Airlink Golden N mbs wireless mini usb to connect on my router it s only been about a month since i got this thing and i ve always had on the st on the left that has the Lan input below the other usb ports And probably just yesterday i ve been getting slower back USB ports recognized this device but it doesnt seem to make it work. connection it went from mb to mb i tried using my laptop and i got an excellent signal so today im still trying to figure out how it can still be recognized but cannot connect on the our router btw i put it on one of the usb ports on the front panel which is on a USB Root Hub and has a mA on each port and yes i can connect over on that ports getting excellent signal Like i said i did had it connected on the back ports with excellent connection also before and now it can t even connect at all on my networks all ports on the back didnt work as well but all front ports did not sure why how and what happened so please if you guys have any idea or suggestions i can do get it working on the back ports again please It will be very appreciated Thank you and hope you guys out there had a fabulous valentines day yesterday nbsp

A:back USB ports recognized this device but it doesnt seem to make it work.

do you have problems ith other usb items on the rear USB Ports as well or just the Wireless Adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-usb-ports-recognized-this-device-but-it-doesnt-seem-to-make-it-work.981055/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've recently bought a HP8710w and i've installed Vista Business 64bit on it. After a while for some reason the USB ports don't work when I reboot. In the Device manager section, the usb's have the yellow exclemation marks. The only way i can get them to work is to disable all and then enable them. It's quite annoying to have to disable and enable the 6 usb ports everytime i reboot. Any solution to this?

A:USB ports don't work each time I reboot

did you check your bios ? maybe something in the usb settings got changed somehow.

scrooge

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177402-usb-ports-dont-work-each-time-i-reboot.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Have a Compaq CQ61-313us. For some reason the USB ports don't work after reboot. If I go to device manager, and disable, then reable them one by one, they'll work fine until reboot and I'm back to errors on them. I also can uninstall them and have windows find them again, works fine, until I reboot again. I'm about to give up. They all say "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" until I reinstall. Have done all my updates and mutiple scans with mutiple malware /virus programs. Any suggestions???

A:USB Ports continually don't load after reboot...

Hi there,Have you looked through the following articles?http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistahardware/thread/e42d107a-bb3c-4a3e-9668-19183baaca93http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399429/usb-ports-continually-dont-load-after-reboot/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell Precision desktop with XP Pro Lately I ve noticed that in order for it to recognize any USB device like a printer or a flash the device has to be plugged in when the machine is rebooted If you connect after a reboot or even disconnect a device after a reboot and try to reconnect it the machine will not see it This has been for ports need USB machine see USB to to reboot Alzheimer: going on for awhile I am on the brink of buying a new machine but I do want to give it one last try I scanned the machine with malware nothing found I rebooted it after keeping the machine unplugged from power for some time That worked as a fix in USB Alzheimer: need to reboot for machine to see USB ports the past but not anymore Anything else I can do By the way if I decide to uninstall all USB device drivers and reinstall them will I need to reinstall from scratch the USB printer that is currently connected to my machine Thanks much nbsp

A:USB Alzheimer: need to reboot for machine to see USB ports

Re-installing the USB drivers would be a good place to start it won't affect the printer.

Something else I would suggest is running a test on the hard drive.

Open Internet Explorer and click on this: Seatools

Save the download to your desktop.

In Windows 7 right click the ISO file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts.
For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to Write image file to disc and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the ISO file on your desktop. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.

You will need a blank recordable CD or a re-recordable CD. You cannot use this software on a USB flash drive.

When the CD has been burned boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into DOS. Click on Basic Tests and select the Long Test.

A full set of instructions can be found here: Seatools instructions

When the test completes it will show a Pass or Fail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-alzheimer-need-to-reboot-for-machine-to-see-usb-ports.1074419/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm using a Dell laptop Studio XPS Ok I was about to upgrade to Windows and it listed a couple of programs that needed to be deleted so I uninstalled them The nd or rd time I was required to restart my computer it froze at the quot Shutting Down quot screen for about minutes I waited and waited and decided to power down I turned it back on and it didnt say Windows was not shut down properly so i figured it was ok However when I booted back up I was going to eject and re-insert the upgrade CD I hit eject nothing happens Hit eject again nothing happens I go to Computer to try and view the CD thats in my CD Drive NOTHING SHOWS UP MY CD drive is now UNRECOGNIZED by my computer Now I cant complete the upgrade Not to mention the upgrade made me uninstall itunes and my virus protection saying a new version will Drive CD Recognized After Not Reboot???? be installed automatically after the upgrade I am furious Is this Dell's fault or can someone help me

A:CD Drive Not Recognized After Reboot????

Matt, welcome to the forums
Have you tried to re-boot in safe mode (usually hitting F8 during the boot process)?
That might do the trick and you should then try a repair install
If it doesn't you might want to try using a USB drive to install / repair from. You will need another computer for this though.
Let us know

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/47691-cd-drive-not-recognized-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 52.03%

ok. new to this site and have spent the last hour trying to find the answer on my own with no luck. My primary and secondary drives work fine except if i need to reboot. When i do, the BIOS does not find the secondary HD, BUT, if i simply turn the power completely off then back on, everything boots fine. Its really more of a hassle than a serious problem. To date, i have:

-replaced the IDE cable...twice
- scanned for virus and spyware with Ad-Aware and AVG
- opened the case and just stared blankly into it
- interrogated the kitty as to his where-a-bouts a couple weeks ago.

Neither of these drives are brand new...i have had them for a while and both have worked fine. And help is much appreciated.

Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slave-hd-not-recognized-only-when-i-reboot.371215/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell Inspiron I purchased the system off-lease and opted to have an extra mb of RAM installed When I received the computer it said I only had mb I contacted the company and they sent me more RAM When I went to install I reboot recognized disappears after Memory then found that they had installed RAM I probably should have checked that first I just assumed they would have done it correctly After searching google to find why the memory wasnt showing up I updated the BIOS to see if that would allow the system to recognize the new memory It did for the first reboot everything but diagdx said mb When I Memory recognized then disappears after reboot rebooted again it said there is new memory press f to continue or f for setup I pressed f but it kept coming up every Memory recognized then disappears after reboot time I rebooted so I figured there was something I had to change in the setup I went to the setup screen in f BIOS and listed at the top was time and date settings with the ram and what not below I could change time and date but could not access any values for RAM After I exited this screen and went on the memory was no longer recognized and it went back to mb How do I get my system to accept the new memory again I m sure I did something majorly wrong Thank you so much for your help nbsp

A:Memory recognized then disappears after reboot

Have you tried the Dell knowledgebase?

I don't know how much hardware knowledge you have, so forgive me if you have done this already. I searched the Dell knowledge base and came up with this documentation

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&cs=&k="dell%20inspiron"%203800%20not%20recognizing%20new%20memory&img=True&sum=True&ssum=False&qmp=10&eh=NoEvent&ira=False.

You need Adobe to view it. Hope this helps. Please let me know if it does (I would eventually like to upgrade my ram). The documentation gives the procedure for installing ram. Maybe you just need to take out the memory that was installed at Dell, boot up see if it recognizes the single stick. If it does then follow the procedure for installing memory. I am more familiar with desktops, so....thought I would check out your problem with Dell and I learned something new as well. I have an Inspiron 5100, would like to upgrade mine to 1 gig.

One question, in the specs does it say what is the max ram you can install for you laptop?

Hope I was some help.

Just to clarify. I am assuming Dell installed a second memory stick from what you wrote

When I went to install, I found that they had installed RAM (I probably should have checked that first, I just assumed they would have done it correctly).

The documentation I am referring to is 595RW.book

hu_nr

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-recognized-then-disappears-after-reboot.18005/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello-I have a problem recognized disc Crash and is when Reboot with system crash and re-boot when I insert disc into drive it will go the the blue color screen that says checking media information then crashes just before the next screen where you check which action you want the computer to take and then restarts the computer This happens about of the time Sometimes it works fine Happens with a game cd ormusic cd doesnt matter I talked to a HP Tech and he had me un-install the drive Un-plug all the cords going to computer and hold in the on off button in for seconds Said the un-install and resart will re-install any bad drivers Not sure about that power drain thing He said it could also be a bad drive but I just used the other drive and it did the same thing crash reboot so Crash and Reboot when disc is recognized I cant belive the Crash and Reboot when disc is recognized drives are bad ---Also get an error messege at start-up of quot DISCover Socket Initialize Failed quot just has an quot ok quot tab and goes away when clicked Not sure if this has anything to do with my problem and also did a search here about the DISCover error and one other guy had that problem but nobody could figure that out I guess Any help would be great Thanks HP Media Center PC m n---- AMD Athlon Dual Core---- memory--- GB Hard Drive----ATI Radeon Xpress meg---CD DVD Burner Dual Drive--TV Tuner nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys/gals,

On one of our computers there is something very : recently, the system has been reinstalled, W7x64 Pro, with all appropriate drivers from official websites, like Intel chipset, networking etc.

The problem is following: turn on the computer in the morning, there is no network connection. Upon check in the network adapters, there is apparently no network adapter recognized. The computer gets a reboot, and the network card is recognized and working the whole day, even if the computer gets restarted. It happens only once, apparently after it has been turned off the whole night.

The newest networking driver for this adapter (Intel 82578DC) has also been downloaded and installed (and also checked as installed in the device manager properties).

Any ideas what could be causing this? I haven't yet tried BIOS reset or similar, as it was working without a fuss on the previous W7 installation.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
Kosta

A:Network card recognized only after first reboot of the day

One trick that may work is:
boot into safe mode
go into Device Manager
delete the device having an issue(in this case the network card)
reboot normally.

Windows will reinstall the current driver. For some reason this fixes many glitches. But not all. It doesn't cost anything to try it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343393-network-card-recognized-only-after-first-reboot-day.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello today during a program installation the installer network USB disables and ports, every reboot Vista adapter froze Once I tried to close out of it even though Vista disables USB ports, and network adapter every reboot it said it was closed in the Task Manager it still showed up on my screen I restarted my computer thinking nothing of it During the boot up there was no issues Once my computer booted completely my USB mouse was not working I tried it on another computer and decided it was not the mouse that was the problem I booted into safe mode and tried it again and it still didn t work The light would flash during BIOS but then once Windows loaded the light would go out I finally discovered the problem - I was looking in my device manager and all of my USB ports and Network Adapter are disabled whenever I restart my computer Thankfully the solution is quite simple I can uninstall all of my USB host controllers and Vista will re-install them and they will work afterwards Also the Network Adapter isn t disabled in this image because I m currently using the internet to make this post - all I had to do was Enable it Vista keeps DISABLING all of my USB ports and my Network Adapter whenever I restart the operating system Every thing works perfectly fine during boot up but then once Windows Vista starts to load it decides to turn those things off I have read on several websites about a file with Vista that gets corrupted called INFCACHE and to delete it to fix problems with USB ports This isn t helping me though because whenever I delete the file and reboot the problem remains I ve researched this problem for a few hours and can find no solution and it seems like I may be one of the unfortunate few to have discovered this problem I could keep enabling all of these things every time I restart my computer but it is time consuming and also sometimes my computer will hang during Enabling a device in Device Manager Has any one ever seen something like this and may have some advice to help me out System Specs Vista Ultimate GIGABYTE GA-EX -UD R LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR EVGA -P - -A GeForce GTX Core MB Video Card PC Power and Cooling S CF W EPS V Power Supply Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any advice nbsp

A:Vista disables USB ports, and network adapter every reboot

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem and it's so frustrating! Have you come across a solution yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-disables-usb-ports-and-network-adapter-every-reboot.929680/
Relevancy 51.17%

This is Randomly than to ports loosing power to reboot. forced USB all going on since about months now A wrong mouse move and everything stops Randomly loosing power to all USB ports than forced to reboot. All USB ports loose power I am web developer and frequently working with js so my first thought was acceleration or combo between Skype and Adobe Suite Wrong Changed wireless mouse many time Changed MX set twice Changed the order of devices connected to USB's Made sure no bad drivers are there Screenshot by Lightshot Made sure the USB quot go to sleep quot settings are disabled Specs Ma Labs - Leading Distributor of PC Components Computer Hardware and Software Servers Laptop Systems Digital Signage Consumer Electronics and more Icon Xeon starter server - U SuperMiero server chassis with W AC power supply cooling redundant and low noise Ian speed control x cm Hotswappable PWM cooling fans I mm rear exhaust Ian Active heatsink w healpipe Bundled with SuperMiero extended Motherboard with RAID feature available server sockets support Intel Xeon cores each with OI Iz each core Manufacturer Supermicro Model X DA http www supermicro com products m X DA cfm BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Gigs of Dual Channel DDR ram x gigs each Sata Power DVD-RW Nvidia GForece PCIx support Dual I ininTvTand Mini ilDMI Direct Xsupport Gigs ofGDDR Window Ultimate Any help you can provide is appreciated

A:Randomly loosing power to all USB ports than forced to reboot.

Hello and welcome noni mate looks like a muscle machine to little me and a little intimidating and I reckon you would have run these but if not

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f option in Option 2 ifnecessary
(I'm just thinking the USB settings are not holding what you set them at)
You are also well covered by an AV I would guess but what about running these

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343831-randomly-loosing-power-all-usb-ports-than-forced-reboot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Got a weird one isn't sleep recognized mode, reboot on Monitor come won't out, enters here that I can t solve but have an idea what it might be I m running a Nvidia GT video card and it has video outputs one VGA one DVI I wanted to run monitors and connected a second one and set it up in the control panel to run dual view It worked great in the beginning but then started having some weird problems The first thing that happened is Monitor enters sleep mode, won't come out, isn't recognized on reboot that the video card resolution settings would change sometimes on startup Then it started thinking by Sammy quot was a Generic CRT Then what I started noticing was that sometimes the monitors went into sleep mode the monitors not the PC it wouldn t wake up when I moved the mouse or hit a key When I tried rebooting it the monitors still wouldn t wake up but I could hear the PC booting up to the logon screen and making the logon sound Then I tried just going back to one monitor and the problem is persisting If I leave the PC off for a few hours it will sometimes recognize the monitor on startup but then after a while it will go into sleep mode and won t wake up Is it the video card The drivers are all up to date I ve read the running dual view can be hard on the card Do I need more power to run dual view I m not running it anymore I m tempted to just try and run another card but if I can avoid dropping for nothing JT nbsp

A:Monitor enters sleep mode, won't come out, isn't recognized on reboot

Hmm, just tried rebooting PC and now it's not even rebooting, tried a couple times.

Forgot to mention that the power supply blew up about 4 months ago. Everything seemed fine after I replaced it though. Could it have shortened the life of the motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-enters-sleep-mode-wont-come-out-isnt-recognized-on-reboot.900969/
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried to add a th stick of the same MB PC DDR nonECC DIMM recognized and reboot Added won't loop RAM but goes into load Windows CL memory had Added RAM recognized but Windows won't load and goes into reboot loop x MB before trying to add and Windows would not load The PC recognizes Added RAM recognized but Windows won't load and goes into reboot loop the new total GB before it attempts to load Windows My MB has four memory slots and takes up to GB of speed memory I tried moving the memory around - same problem I can remove one stick of existing memory that I ve been using and everything works okay with the new memory I tried just the new memory and everything works okay The new memory is definitely good - used by itself or with other existing memory just not when all four memory slots are full After adding the fourth memory stick Windows tries to load for a few seconds but then I get the black screen that says something has changed or hardware was added e g memory and the screen gives me options to select Last Known Good Configuration Safe Mode etc however I am unable to select quot any quot of the options offered - and it times-out and then automatically tries to boot again over and over There are no error beeps Removing quot any quot single MB stick new or existing memory bringing the total memory back down to what I ve been using x sticks MB for GB total allows solid boot and Windows loads normally My BIOS is setup in the default settings for everything including memory voltage T timing etc etc I ve read many dozens of posts and articles dating back eight years or more where many people have had the same problems I m facing but with the exception of obvious problems such as bad memory mismatched memory too much memory for OS modified BIOS settings etc I have yet to learn what causes this problem I m puzzled Any suggestions nbsp

A:Added RAM recognized but Windows won't load and goes into reboot loop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/added-ram-recognized-but-windows-wont-load-and-goes-into-reboot-loop.915118/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all so I have forwarded some ports on my router with Airport Utility NAT port forwarding but using cmd netstat -n the ports I forwarded aren't listed and using online port checkers confirms they are closed I added exceptions to my firewall even though it is off and windows defender is off and Avast's shields are all off I honestly have no idea how to open the ports up and haven't found a way to do this using Windows not pro Anybody have any ideas It seems like Windows is blocking these ports from opening for some reason There doesn't seem to be an override function in cmd to open them either In case forwarded disabled? router Ports firewalls closed; ports, you're wondering why I need the ports open I'm trying to resolve a quot request timeout quot error when pinging somebody on Hamachi - so I'm trying to open the main ports Hamachi uses I just want to play Terraria man Any Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled? help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ports closed; router forwarded ports, firewalls disabled?

Temporarily add your PC IP into the DMZ and try again , see if the internal/external tests then notice the ports open , this will test if it's a router or PC issue....

Don't forget to take it out of the DMZ after testing...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32603-ports-closed-router-forwarded-ports-firewalls-disabled.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My modem-router is in bridged mode (everything is disabled except internet), i have disabled windows firewall i have taken my firewall offline (until this issue is resolved) but still no one can access my server (they can't even join a game if i create a server)

if i go to port checker it says connection refused on all ports except port 80? how do i force open the ports?

i called my ISP and they say they should be open and there not blocking any ports.

I have a static ip address, 24Mbit up 2.5Mbit down.

when i run my filesharing program (for sharing files between my and my clients) and they try to download a file from me it says it will take (99years, 99days, 99 hours) now i don't really have that long to wait

edit: and yes my network properties are configured manually (and not on auto detect) i have no problem accessing the internet myself

A:Opening ports, i have the firewall disabled but ports are still blocked

It would be better to open the ports in the running firewall than to turn it off. Firewalls load drivers, running or not. Many firewalls block everything by default when they are turned off so that the machine is protected during boot.

You may need to uninstall some firewalls to get them to open all ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-ports-i-have-the-firewall-disabled-but-ports-are-still-blocked.788249/
Relevancy 39.99%

This is a brand new custom built PC for web browsing for a motel lobby.

Win7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300 Llano
MSI A55M-P33 FM1
Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower

Running latest BIOS and latest drivers downloaded directly from manufacturer's website.

I tried switching between all 3 internal headers and none of them would detect the flash drive.

If I plug the drive in the rear ports it detects right away leading me to suspect the case's ports might be defective but I don't have another USB 2.0 card lying around to confirm.

Based on this info does it seem likely that the front ports themselves are faulty?

A:Front USB ports not working, but rear USB ports work…

You might check to see if the case end of the USB cables are properly plugged into the front panel holding the headers. Some board need more than one brand of USB drivers, Renesas, NEC, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298221-front-usb-ports-not-working-but-rear-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

A:hard drive NOT recognized in computer but IS recognized in disk mgmnt.

Quote: Originally Posted by PERSIL

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

Had similarities on my pc.

Goto BIOS, there you have 4 options.

Primary Master
Secondary Master

Primary Slave
Secondary Slave

Set it as follows:

Primary Master -----> Main Boot HDD
Secondary Master -----> EMPTY

Primary Slave -----> CD/DVD RAM
Secondary Slave -----> Secondary backup HDD
Hpe it helps!

Gala

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310859-hard-drive-not-recognized-computer-but-recognized-disk-mgmnt.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,
Well, I was on Vista but it's unstable and slolw and my PC for the moment so I uninstalled it and put my XP home sp2 oem, I plugged my Extern HDD onto one of my 4 USB ports, it says that this device can perform better on a speeder USB 2.0 port but all of my ports are USB 2.0, they all say that, whatever device is.
It's very slow and seeing videos is annoying, I can't, I really need help.
Thanks for your answers.

A:Solved: USB 2.0 ports turned into USB slow ports

What was the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-2-0-ports-turned-into-usb-slow-ports.633770/
Relevancy 39.13%

Installed and Not Ports/Headphone Functioning Ports USB Mic Jack used an uninstaller to clean out some old files and apparently removed some important dlls Some programs were affected by the removal of the dlls including MS Office and internet browsers USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning and I noticed some strange things on the home network on other PCs Some pages weren t loading flash portions USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning of internet pages I suspect that the router drivers were somehow compromised but that problem seems to be under control for now I reinstalled flash player and shockwave and I am mostly confident that the browser problems are resolved Ran the repair utility on the XP installation disk on the affected machine and for the most part the original problems seem to have disappeared MS Office functionality has returned with the flash reinstall and with the XP reinstall I have reinstalled some drivers including the graphics and monitor drivers so graphics are good However a whole new crop of problems have appeared since the repair installation The affected computer is an HP DC small form factor with USB ports on the back and on the front Additionally there are also a microphone jack and a headphone jack on the front The USB ports and the mic and headphone jack on the front both have lost functionality I use the usb ports frequently with cameras and other small utilities and the mic and headphone jack for voice to text Pretty important to me to restore functionality of the devices This is the worst of the problems for now but I have been experiencing occasional problems with programs Reinstalls have fixed the problem each time so far I searched out the HP site for the HP drivers for the DC machine to reinstall those but I am confused Which of the drivers should I install for the USB ports There are a number of them listed there Here is the link to the drivers page http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareIndex jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodNameId amp prodTypeId amp prodSeriesId amp swLang amp taskId amp swEnvOID Should I expect a reinstall of the factory PC drivers to restore functionality to missing hardware with this PC Thanks nbsp

A:USB Ports/Headphone Mic Jack Ports Not Functioning

If you go into device manager, do you see anything with a yellow ! or ? beside it?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-headphone-mic-jack-ports-not-functioning.1047850/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I have a PC which is having a lot of trouble recognizing a USB data acquisition device USB Device Recognized shut-down on method Recognized based / Not Starting from a situation where the PC does recognize the device here is the basic pattern PC shows device in Device Manager under quot Data Acquisition Devices quot If the PC is power-cycled via the power plug itself the device is no longer recognized under Device Manager quot Unknown Device quot If the PC is power-cycled via Start Menu -- gt Turn Off same results as above no longer recognized If the PC is USB Device Recognized / Not Recognized based on shut-down method power-cycled USB Device Recognized / Not Recognized based on shut-down method via Start Menu -- gt Restart no problems device recognized When the device is not recognized unplugging and replugging the USB cable makes no difference to the situation In order to correct the issue I disable and then enable via Device Manager which also involves a restart This pattern is extremely repeatable I am working with WinXP SP Pentium GHz MB RAM This PC was returned from a customer site - the PC and USB device are used in a machine my company manufactures Apparently this issue just started happening one day We want not only to correct the issue but in fact to understand the root cause and ensure it will not happen again in the future Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:USB Device Recognized / Not Recognized based on shut-down method

You could try reinstalling the usb drivers.
JohnWill has fix that is worth a try

Johnwill's solution

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-device-recognized-not-recognized-based-on-shut-down-method.975846/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an 8GB sd card i used while traveling and upon trying to get the pictures from it the computer does not recognize the card at all, no prompts, nothing. I have tried it in multiple pcs and macs and no response. My Cannon Rebel XS camera says no images found. However, when I plug it into my brother's Cannon PowerShot it actually recognizes and shows all pictures on the card. Does anyone have any reason why this is happening and how I can recover the pictures? I am not willing to just format to make the card work again, I must have these pictures.

A:SD Card not recognized in computer but recognized on camera

Have you tried leaving the card in the camera and attaching to the computer to d/l the pictures that way. I have an Olympus camera and the pictures will d/l fine with the card left in the camera.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-not-recognized-in-computer-but-recognized-on-camera.851479/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all It has been a while since I ve needed help but my run of luck has recognized/password not drive recognized Internal not hit an ugly downturn Moved my computer three weeks ago and had not plugged it all back together till last night All these years I had used it without a password to log in but a few months back a tech friend expressed horror at this so I started using one Last night no matter what I did it wouldn t Internal drive not recognized/password not recognized let me log in saying incorrect password Today as I messed around again I went through the steps of asking it to reset password even though I didn t have disc for reset and realized it does not seem to be recognizing my internal drive If one of my externals are on they come up but if I turn off externals I get a bubble that says No Drive This feature requires removable media etc My drive seems to be running and the Windows logos do appear during boot My keyboard seems to be functioning to type password but when I hit F while rebooting I get no reaction so cannot boot to safe mode just goes right back to log in page I have had mold moisture issues in this new house but have had a dehumidifier running since just a few days after computer arrived here However I do see some evidence of mold or dust in the case not a lot but some Not sure what the root of this problem is but I am trying hard not to panic Any ideas nbsp

A:Internal drive not recognized/password not recognized

Your tech. friend may have mis-understood when you need a password.
If you are at home and only you and you trusted family have access to you computer, there is no need whatsoever for a logon password.
The only time I have ever needed one is when I was using my own laptop on clients site when I was contracting and I would leave it on the desk over lunch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-drive-not-recognized-password-not-recognized.1118763/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi My daughter has a lot of Barbie CD-ROM games There is one game she has that is rather old yet it is really one of her favorites Barbie s Magic Genie Bottle This game came with a life-sized magic genie bottle that acted as a ports/USB ports? for an game there adapter Is joy-stick It has a motion sensor Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports? jewel on the front that you move your hand in front of and the top comes off Each of these things perfomed a function in the game I m sure you can imagine the appeal to an -year-old little girl Now the problem is I ve gotten a hmmm complete system overhaul I guess you could say A new larger hard-drive new processor and new motherboard The OLD system had a gameport on the back of the computer The new one doesn t It only has USB ports Please SOMEBODY tell me that there is some sort of adapter or someway I can make this Genie Bottle work with this system If any of you have never lived in a house with Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports? an -year-old Barbie-obsessed little girl you have no idea of the drama and histrionics that are occuring here Is there any way I can make a Magic Genie Bottle with a gameport plug work with a tower that now only has USB ports Somebody please save me nbsp

A:Is there an adapter for game ports/USB ports?

You could try one of these, never heard much about them so
http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...og_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=26-164

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-an-adapter-for-game-ports-usb-ports.215737/
Relevancy 37.84%

A few days ago I installed a USB card to be precise this one -Port USB SuperSpeed PCI-E Controller Card - Free as USB ports 3.0 to USB refuse ports work 3.0 Shipping USB 3.0 ports refuse to work as USB 3.0 ports - DealExtreme It uses the very common NEC PD USB controller I installed the required drivers for Windows and the card worked fine for the first day or so but not since Whenever I plug in a USB external hard drive I get a false quot This device can perform faster quot message as if I had plugged the drive in a USB port The external drive I am using is a Western Digital MyBook Essential It is definitely a USB drive and came with the required USB cable While the USB card was working I got full-speed transfers to the limit of the hard drive's ability about - MB s Now I can only get USB speeds - MB s Windows insists I have the drive plugged into a USB port even though it is plugged directly into the USB card Things I tried so far -rebooting and complete power cycle No difference -plugging the drive into one port or the other Also no difference -Looked in Device manager No help there either The controller is recognized as a USB device is using the proper NEC drivers Other info that may be important -No overclocking settings in use -I made sure the cable was plugged in all the way It's in as far as it can go but the ports will still only act like USB ports This is very frustrating How do I fix it I might as well throw the card away if it is only going to act as a USB device

A:USB 3.0 ports refuse to work as USB 3.0 ports

Go to device manager and go the props of those usb ports.
Click uninstall, now they will disappear.
Now install your drivers again, which came with the card
Reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179943-usb-3-0-ports-refuse-work-usb-3-0-ports.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a problem with my front usb ports/audio ports, a couple days ago I replaced my radiator and unplugged the cord for the front usb ports but it went back in fine and ever since then I would have my headphones plugged in but whenever I took out something from the usb port the headphone/audio stopped working, could there be something wrong with the way I plugged it back in?

Thanks.

A:Problem with usb ports/audio ports

Maybe a hardware problem,check it from u'r computer manufacturer !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36309-problem-usb-ports-audio-ports.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys, brand new kid here. Fairly computer literate but not a whiz by any means. I had to do a Windows XP System Recovery on my HP desktop PC a few weeks ago and since then my USB 2.0 ports haven't been themselves.

Before when I used my Kingston 4gb SDHC card in my front USB 2.0 ports (as they're labeled) it worked at full speed with no problems. After the System Recovery, when I plug in the card it gives me a message saying "This device could perform faster if it were plugged into a High Speed USB 2.0 Port." The problem is, my Device Manager lists a high speed port and hub on my computer, but I get the same message on all the ports on my computer. I tried updating the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling them but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this?

Relevancy 37.41%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have an odd to delays causes the when restart is reboot then update apply reboot used patches Defender and situation I have been tracking for some time and I think I have it isolated to when it will occur and when it does not I am posting it just to see if anyone else has this issue and knows of a fix My guess is most people just think their PC is stuck and power off and back on to reboot The issue was that when my Windows pro laptop applied a Defender update nbsp the laptop Defender update causes reboot delays when restart is used to apply the patches and then reboot took roughly minutes to reboot What I found was the issue happens in these situations The Defender patch was KB or largerA Windows Restart is used to apply the patchIf I applied the patch via a Windows update manually then issues a Windows RestartIf I allow the patch to apply during a Windows Shutdown the next power on boot is delayed nbsp It does not happen in this situation I apply the patch via Windows Update then do a shutdown to power off the unit then power the laptop back on there is no issue nbsp In all instances the patch is applied successfully based on what the Windows update history shows The patch itself applies very quickly in all situations To me it seems like a Restart after a Defender update is causing Defender to run a scan before allowing the laptop to boot The laptop will just stay on the Starting Windows screen with the colored window for minutes then boot normally Typically running a Defender scan on the laptop takes about minutes which is why I think the Windows Update Restart sequence is triggering a scan Normally the laptop boots very fast Has anyone seen this behavior and know of a fix nbsp Jim

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0ed9420-b197-4505-87eb-2816f9b346c0/defender-update-causes-reboot-delays-when-restart-is-used-to-apply-the-patches-and-then-reboot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.98%

Howdy,

I recently added two sticks of new RAM to my computer, but when I turned it on again I got the two-beep "RAM Not Detected" signal. I removed the new RAM, but I still got the two-beep signal after turning it on. I've removed the old RAM, sprayed the area with duster, put the old RAM back and still have the same problem.

What to do? Thanks.

A:Solved: New RAM not recognized - removed it now the old RAM isn't recognized

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-ram-not-recognized-removed-it-now-the-old-ram-isnt-recognized.1115940/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone Yesterday my laptop pushed a new Win update and all went fine or at least I think so But today I see that my Sony WALKMAN - which I used with no problem until now can't be recognized anymore Basically it just shows as E or Usb Drive E but when I click it it says quot not device my recognized in recognized on USB but other laptop pcs/lap Please insert a disk into E quot like there is nothing there Now the interesting part is if I go to Device Manager I see it and clicking on properties etc t says it's working fine But USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap if I go to Disk Management the Drive shows as gb of unallocated space and it's greyed out However if USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap I put it on my brother's laptop it works perfectly and it can be opened music moved into it etc - it shows as Healthy - Primary Partition in Disk Management So it doesn't seem broken It's the same on each of the usb ports btw But other usb devices phones tablet don't have any issue and are detected What could have caused this I tried the basic Disable Enable in Device Manager and also Uninstall Driver It doesn't do anything it appears back when I replug it in No change in Safe Mode and no change after sfc scannow If anyone has any idea I'd be happy to try anything to fix this Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58943-usb-device-not-recognized-my-laptop-but-recognized-other-pcs-lap.html