Windows Support Forum

No internet connection on laptop

Q: No internet connection on laptop

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that was able to connect via wifi, or ethernet, just fine until I recently upgraded it to Windows 10. The problem did not start right away, but could be associated with my security software (bitdefender). The laptop does recognize the router, but when I look into the settings I see that there is no connectivity in the IPv4 or IPv6.

Please let me know if additional info is needed to further diagnose this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.217570/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No internet connection on laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone I have an internet connection problem and was wondering if anyone here can help I cannot connect to the internet even though all the green lights on the modem are solid and steady I have a laptop connects ethernet cable to the modem which connect to the ISP I ask my ISP support to problem laptop connection connection cable Internet modem to verify my IP address and my modem mac address and they check out good I have an XP OS IE firefox and opera web browsers and a cable modem connection to the ISP - all Internet connection problem laptop to modem cable connection three browsers cannot connect to the internet I can ping the yahoo and google websites and my loopback address but cannot access these websites via my browsers I look in the TCP IP protocol properties and they re all set to automatically obtain the address I also tried to manually configure the ip address the sub mask the dns servers and the default gateway first in the general tab then in the alternate configuration tab to the ones I found the network connections detail I tried the ping ipconfig and netstat commands to try figuring out the problem but no luck Has anyone comes across this problem Any help and advices are much appreciated Thx in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-problem-laptop-to-modem-cable-connection.131928/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi everyone im almost having the same problem, i just purchased a wirless netgear wgt624 router and i have a hp vista laptop. i also have an arris touchtone comcast dsl modem. my problem is that i can connect to the internet wirelessly thought the router. but i can not connect on the internet on my desktop. i would like to get the internet goin at the same time both through the router. i have tried to insert an e cable from the router directly to the computer but i get limited or no connectivity. and its not the cable bcuz i swapped out with another e cable and the same result occurs. plz help

A:Wireless internet connection on Vista laptop but no connection on desktop

i have a hp pavillion dv6000 and its running on vista home premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-connection-on-vista-laptop-but-no-connection-on-desktop.108163/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there im new to the forums and i ve got a problem that laptop; LAN internet Working a no on wireless broken but connection connection s been a real pain for me lately I ve got a wireless connection in my house going through a Linksys WRT GC router and also a wired connection with Cisco gateway only laptop uses it About month ago some strange things began to happen with the wireless connection my PC seems not to be able to connect unless I reinstall the protocols and it s really annoying to do that every time I run my PC Also the wired connection stopped working probably because of cable being broken but it requires a router restart of the time when I want to connect the laptop that used to connect through cable to the wireless network The nd laptop has an issue mentioned in the title the LAN works but it can t connect to the Internet through the router Ipconfig all shows that DHCP isn t working there s no default gateway Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection and DNS seems to be wrong Could that all be related to router not being updated for a long time I tried reinstalling drivers unistalling and installing back network card and doing most of the things mentioned in similar threads but nothing seems to work I know it all looks very silly Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection but I can t do anything about it Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection at least now - I don t have access to any router settings and can t update it Every bit of help is appreciated I can paste all the information needed from all computers Operating systems are Windows on PC and the st laptop nd laptop is Vista nbsp

A:Working LAN but no internet connection on a laptop; broken wireless connection

can we see the ipconfig /all and an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-lan-but-no-internet-connection-on-a-laptop-broken-wireless-connection.1021421/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey I ve been having this problem ever since coming back home from university My laptop doesnt seem to be able to stay internet not to connection connection but Losing laptop wireless on the internet very well I ll be randomly browsing downloading whatever and then suddenly it ll stop The wireless icon on the taskbar comes up with a amp quot amp quot and says no internet access The wireless connection is still full strength at this point but no internet What I don t understand is that the internet connection to the main computer which is wired works fine all the time the internet connection works on the other wireless laptops in the house and at uni I Losing internet connection to laptop but not wireless connection have no problems with the wireless internet I don t know where the problem can be Turning off the wireless card and turning it back on works for a few minutes or so restarting the computer works for a bit longer It usually works just long enough for me to get the false hope that it s fixed itself Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F BCHR H CN U VD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I m not particularly tech savvy computers and myself dont seem to get on very well I ve absolutely no idea where to go from here Cheers for any help guys nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

A few days ago I picked up the Internet Security 2010 virus. We have Malwarebytes on the laptop so I did a scan with it and cleaned what it found. I then tried to restart in safe mode and run the scan again but the safe mode went straight to a blue screen that says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I then restarted the laptop in normal mode and now I have no internet connection. I also can't access any firewall modes. Now when I run malwarebytes it comes back clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The laptop is a Dell inspiron e1705 and has windows xp. We use AVG free for virus protection. I do have internet access with my desktop.

Update: I can no longer start windows in normal mode or safe mode. Either one takes me to the Blue Screen

A:Internet Security 2010 problems....no safe mode or internet connection on laptop

Any ideas??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/internet-security-2010-problems-no-safe-mode-or-internet-connection-on-laptop-452797.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay I just got a new laptop, running Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2. for college about a week ago. It was working fine. It came with Dell Connect program that organized connections and worked along side windows connections.

After about a day, I was surfing the internet and I realized that Firefox and IE would just stop connecting to any website at all and would end up timing out. So then I decided to delete Dell Connect via Add/Remove Prog. and it seemed to work for the time being. everything was peachy through Windows Connections.

Then it happened again. I looked into my windows connections and realized that although I was connected to my network but the Internet Connections symbol was gone and there was no Internet Gateway area. I found that disabling and re-enabling the network connection worked but I'm still trying to find a way or a reason why the internet decides to leave.

A:Laptop connects to internet and network but the Internet Connection disapears

Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2? What's that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-internet-and-network-but-the-internet-connection-disapears.854793/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have installed the proper drivers directly from mortorola for my cable modem. i have it connected to my laptop via a usb connection. i have it linked via a LAN connection and the laptop is saying that it is connected and sending bytes but it isn't recieving nor can i load any web pages. what do i do?

A:Cannot get an internet connection via USB on Win 2K on laptop

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-an-internet-connection-via-usb-on-win-2k-on-laptop.756472/
Relevancy 49.88%

I can not get to my wireless network at home. The slide switch indicator stays orange on the front of the computer. Is that my network adapter not working correctly and if so, is there a way to get it working again? I have uninstalled my network adapter and rebooted, but it still does not work. HELP!

Thanks
Dave

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/198220-no-internet-connection-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm looking to buy a new laptop or notebook computer. I'm thinking of buying it online, so I looked at some on www.tigerdirect.ca. I found some that would be good, but every one that I look at says that it has a built in 56k modem for a dial-up connection. My question is, would these computers also have a port for a cable connection in them? And could I use my current cable connection (Cogeco) which I'm using for my desktop PC, and hook that modem up to my laptop so that I could use that connection in my laptop? I don't want a dial-up connection.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I have just bought a laptop and router, the problem is i have set up the network connection and both pc and laptop seem to be networked, but i cannot get on internet, disabled firewall, i am using ntl broadband, which works fine on pc, but laptop will not recognise it, any help would be grateful thanks
venusgirl

A:no internet connection with laptop

Closing duplicate thread.

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/529670-internet-access-trouble.html#post4290719

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-with-laptop.529661/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I've recently bought a refurbished laptop off the internet. I wrongly assumed that all laptops had a wireless connection to the internet, but the one I've bought just has a normal modem inside. As I don't have a phone line at home, I need to upgrade the laptop (if possible) in order to get a wireless connection. However, I have no idea what exactly it is I should be looking for. Can I get an internal wireless modem? I've seen external wireless network adapters, and routers advertised on the net, is this what I need? Please help!! Thanks

A:Laptop connection to the internet

You have probably got a cardbus slot which will take a wireless adapter. To connect to the internet you need to be near an access point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-connection-to-the-internet.24661/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
My friend and I just bought laptops; they are exactly the same and, thus, have the same problems. We cannot connect to the Internet. We have a Linksys 2.4GHz, 802.11g wireless router and it works perfectly well with our regular PCs. I thought maybe there was no wireless adapter included with the laptops, but there is one - a 802.11g MiniPCI Wireless Adapter. The laptops also have Realrek RTL8139/810x Family /Fast Ethernet NIC. We both bought our laptops at Fry's. The brand name of the computer is GQ or Great Quality, which it turns out is Fry's brand.
What can I do to get the internet connection? It shows Linksys as a possible connection but then it said I needed a secure connection with the laptop but I do not know how to make the connection secure on the Linksys end.
HELP! I have been working on this four about five hours now...

A:laptop internet connection

Did you disable encryption on the router to see if you can get connected, then enable encryption as a separate step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-internet-connection.565550/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Acer 5024 laptop and i want to connect to the internet via the ethernet connection. I already connect thru the cable modem with my desktop, but when I unplug it and replace it with my laptop it does not connect, even though it recognises the connection and says it is connected at 10mbs. I have tried all the different rates of connection, but no joy. I cannot afford a wireless router yet and just want to update all the software that came with the laptop. What am I doing wrong?

Steve.

Relevancy 49.88%

My mum's laptop is old and slow so I've given her my Sony Vaio running Vista. It connects to her Belkin router okay but according to the network map the router is not connected to the internet. This is clearly not the case, however, because her old laptop connects fine. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I repartitioned my new Dell laptop and installed XP pro (laptop came with Home edition). The IE could not open any website. The window said "No connection to the internet is currently available." I set up a LAN. There is an icon, "1394 connection Enabled, Firewalled 1394 net adapter" in the "Network Connections" window. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am running windows on Bad the laptop connection is ONLY internet The problem I am having is my laptop says I am connected to the internet however Skype does not connect and the browser does not connect nbsp This probem only happens on the laptop nbsp It will happen when I am Bad internet connection is ONLY on the laptop in the Bad internet connection is ONLY on the laptop middle of doing something on the browser or on Skype All of a sudden it just disconnects All other devices work perfectly fine the problem is the laptop NOT the internet Everything else connects with Skype and browser nbsp It will usually die for about - minutes or longer After trying to connect to browser for so long it then says Cannot connect to internet or cannot find page nbsp nbsp Is there anyone who can help me please nbsp nbsp Two numbers I tried to call but I think were scams could also use your help for that to know if they were scams or not nbsp nbsp is one nbsp is the other nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bad-internet-connection-is-ONLY-on-the-laptop/td-p/5704981
Relevancy 49.88%

I am having the exact same problem as above however when i do

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

I get the fallowing message : there's no user specified setting to be reset.

I can't get an internet connection on the actual laptop. my wireless card works but it always says limited access to any wireless network i try. thanks for the help

Relevancy 49.88%

I can not get wireless or network internet service on this laptop I have a Gateway M Tablet PC Centrino The original user an employee of mine lost not internet on Can get connection laptop my his Window login Later out of frustration in wanting to use the computer I just wiped the hard and reloaded the operating system Windows XP Tablet PC Edition I believe the DVD disk I used was the original that came with the computer However it may not be as we had of these IDENTICAL company laptops all purchased at the same time The company is no longer in business and I couldn t locate any other driver disks Anyways I have everything working on the laptop except internet access Neither the wireless or network Can not get internet connection on my laptop DSL works I have downloaded every driver applicable Can not get internet connection on my laptop to this model PC from the Gateway website However several of the drivers still seem to be missing under the Device Manager Network Controller under Network Adapters and the Ethernet Controller Multimedia Audio Controller and Unknown Device under Other Devices Maybe I didn t load them properly I don t know Sorry I am a novice at this and have pretty basic PC skills When I run a Windows modem troubleshooter it tells me my COM port may be disabled Any help or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Can not get internet connection on my laptop

I see all kinds of drivers available here, including the Intel Pro/100 and wireless drivers:
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/M275/3501734slWindowsXP.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-get-internet-connection-on-my-laptop.812996/
Relevancy 49.88%

Here is internet connection Laptop my disclaimer - I don t know much about technology I recently bought a used laptop for the purpose of giving it to my parents along with a webcam My goal is to download skype on it My home pc is connected via dsl and i have a wireless modem i tired to connect the laptop to another phone jack in the house thinking that i should be able to connect to the internet Seems i m wrong because i cannot get a connection What would be the preferred Laptop internet connection approach to accessing an internet connection on the laptop I suppose i could replace my desktop with the laptop to the dsl connection but i loath the idea of pulling wires off something that works and putting the connection back on the desktop and have it not work And i don t really want to buy a card so this thing can read off the wireless router also Is there another choice Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop internet connection

You do need to buy a PCIMA or a USB dongle (looks like a flash drive) to run it via Wireless (most laptops come with wireless built in and so should just connect from that ur only other option is if its' a 4 port wireless router ur using to connect to the network is a Cat5 Ethenet cable (standard networking cable) and connect that to the router.

Also if u do look into router u need an ADSL router if ur with BT or Cable router if ur with NTL (in the UK) for ur phone line.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internet-connection.64352/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi

i set up a new router on my computer but i can,t get any internet connection on my laptop.even though it says i,m connected to wireless network.
catb

Relevancy 49.88%

i just bought a new laptop and my internet doesnt work, the names are there i cant connect to it, all my other computers can connect, but somehow this one cant need help on how to be able to connect to the internet

A:new laptop, no internet connection

Is it wired or wireless that you are having issues with?

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-laptop-no-internet-connection-532399.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone,

I recently moved into a new apartment where my roommate already set up the Internet, router and modem. When I tried to connect, sometimes it says no Internet access and sometimes it does connect but it takes forever to load web pages. And then it eventually diaconnects and goes back to "no internet acess". My roommate can connect just fine to the net and it isn't slow for her so I'm confused why it isn't working for me.

Im using windows 7 on a Dell HP Laptop N5110.

I already tried to reset the modem and router and it still doesn't work. I ran a diagnostics test and it says my laptop failed the ping test - no response from DHCP sever. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have been taking my laptop to a local restaurant that has a wifi and using it every Sunday morning. The last two weeks when trying to connect I get a problem. I click on the little "Internet Thingy" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and I see that a connection for the restaurant exists but am having a hard time connecting. It seems to me that if my PC can see that there is a connection, I should be able to connect, but no. I have run though all of the trouble shooting steps to no help. I then can go down the street to a parking lot that has a wifi and connect OK. It is not my PC, but I can not for the life of me figure out why the restaurant internet shows a connection, but I can not connect. Any ideas?

A:Laptop Internet Connection

Is it a secured site and perhaps they changed the access key? Try deleting the profile and starting over:

1. Click Start then Control Panel.
2. Open Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click Manage Wireless Networks.
4. Remove the wireless network for the restaurant from the list.
5. Restart computer and reconnect to your wireless network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212667-laptop-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my dad has just gave me his laptop because mine is broke. I tried to connect to the internet today and all i got was network cable unplugged. Modem is installed properly so it cant be that. I had no problems using my own laptop before hand on the same connetion. I use a router which i have 2 computers net running off main computer downstairs.
Help please.

Relevancy 49.88%

hi

i,ve set up a new router which is working on my desktop,but when i put wireless laptop on it says i,m connected to the router but there,s no internet connection,i,ve clicked on diagnose connection problem and thhis is what came back.cannot communicate with primary dns server.

catb

A:no internet connection on laptop

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/928115-no-internet-connection-laptop.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.928137/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have bought a laptop i have sky broadband and a sky router.i have set the laptop to the number on the back of the router.and everything works great.
heres my question when i take it outside i/e in the car the internet dos'nt work.
i thought the object of a laptop was to take it anywhere.what am i doing wrong.
can anybody help.

A:laptop internet connection dilema

If you are connecting wirelessly to the internet your sky router will only reach about 300 feet if it is a G router.

Your laptop is portable and will go anywhere. But dont expect your internet provider to follow you around like a puppy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86150-laptop-internet-connection-dilema.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Tech Support Guy forum I recently built my first PC OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping overlcocked to Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V PRO Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled But I much connection slower PC laptop? an New has than internet old have been having major issues with internet speed I New PC has much slower internet connection than an old laptop? browsed through the forums and as a result updated my ethernet adapter with the latest driver for the Intel Gigabit New PC has much slower internet connection than an old laptop? Ethernet Controller Whether it is connected wirelessly or via ethernet according to speedtest net pre-driver-update I was getting a ping of ms download speed mbps and upload New PC has much slower internet connection than an old laptop? of mps Immediately following the update and without restarting download speed jumped to mbps and uploads to mbps This is more in line with my Dell Inspiron which is getting around download mbps and upload mbps But when I switched to wifi it wouldn t connect and then wouldn t connect again when I switched back to the ethernet So I restarted the computer and for some reason the speeds have dropped to mbps and mbps What is going on I ve looked through the forums and have found people with similar issues but still can t get the problem fixed Here are the details after running the various commands Windows IP Configuration Host Name Liam-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -CA-E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -CA-E - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - - A- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f fe e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-C - -C - - - A- - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -CD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b cd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f bc d c cefe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-C - -C - - - A- - D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D EAC F-A F- EC - A - AB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AD - - - - C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd c adf d b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c adf d b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap EE EC C-B - F D-A DC-C E BF Media State Media disconnected Conne... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-has-much-slower-internet-connection-than-an-old-laptop.1068826/
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop will connect to all the WI-FI networks but the access type says there is no network access. So it's connecting to the WiFi but not the internet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-despite-connection/td-p/5778380
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Lenovo Ideapad What's than My a internet others. connection going has on? laptop slower much Yoga S Windows Chrome I live in a university residence and so I have no access to the modem and therefore have no wire to connect with I use wifi only According to speedtest net Ping ms Download speed Mpbs Upload speed Mpbs My link speed is Mpbs As you can imagine downloading things takes forever Youtube videos are blurry for a while before clearing up and have split-second black screen periodically Generally the internet connection is My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on? slow on my laptop But when I use other peoples laptops in the same room it s much faster I have CCleaner Avast and Malwarebytes I clean and scan my laptop regularly Possibly unrelated factors Windows Defender doesn t turn on I had another program though so I didn t think this was a problem until something I read on the internet made me want to turn it on I My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on? uninstalled the said My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on? program so it wouldn t conflict with Windows Defender but it still refuses to turn on So as of now I have neither I also have about GB of space left lots of movies So what could the problem be How can I fix this nbsp

A:My laptop has a much slower internet connection than others. What's going on?

"Lots of movies".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you pirated a whole bunch of movies on the campus network.

It's probably likely that campus IT throttled your connection so you don't use up so much data. I'd give it 8 months of clean web habits, and then talk to IT and say you have a slow connection ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-has-a-much-slower-internet-connection-than-others-whats-going-on.201435/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there Any help most appreciated please I am unable to connect my laptop to the internet through my home wireless network connection First thing to say is connection my internet laptop Lost that the broadband network connection is fine This is proven by the fact that we have one family PC connected fine and all other devices connected fine too these include other laptops and mobile phones too So the issue is related to my laptop only The internet connection is through cabled Virgin Media UK broadband connected to a Virgin modem with a Netgear WGR wireless router Also Lost my laptop internet connection my laptop connects to the internet fine using an Lost my laptop internet connection O mobile dongle So there is is some kind of setting on my laptop for ny home network that is wrong Laptop is a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Home Premium bit It was working fine a few weeks ago so not sure what's happened I usually connect by doing the following Clicking on 'Connect to a Network' Clicking on Johnsxx our network name However the network name Johnsxx is now missing I have tried various things to try to get it added again without success and I am now stuck When Lost my laptop internet connection I try to set it up again it says no 'No Wireless Networks found' The network name Johnsxx also shows under the 'Manage wireless Network'section so not sure what is wrong Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance Paul

A:Lost my laptop internet connection

Eek. You may have a bad card. How old is it?

Have you tried connecting through the cable?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295765-lost-my-laptop-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have just reinstalled windows on my son s laptop due to a virus He doesn t reside at my home and I am No on internet connection XP laptop- Reinstalled tryng to connect Reinstalled XP on laptop- No internet connection to the internet through my router I disabled Windows firewall but still can t connect Message keeps telling me that a quot network cable is disconnected quot I have repaired his Reinstalled XP on laptop- No internet connection laptop before and was able to connect immediately but not this time I checked Device Manager and there is a yellow exclamation at quot Network Controller quot Reinstalled XP on laptop- No internet connection Maybe I didn t do something correctly this time or forgot to do something This laptop is a used one bought on ebay and it s an older model I would like to reinstall drivers for it but can t if I can t get an internet connection BTW I am a yr old lady and a little bit computer literate unless things are really complicated lol If anyone can help I would appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Reinstalled XP on laptop- No internet connection

Using a computer that has network access get the chipset and networking drivers from the PC manufacturer's web site. Copy them to your son's laptop using removable media (CD, USB flash drive, etc.). Install the chipset drivers first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalled-xp-on-laptop-no-internet-connection.774068/
Relevancy 49.45%

Tech Guy please send me a personal message so we can discuss my problems. Please!

A:I need HELP trying to get my laptop to connect to an internet connection

Tech Guy please send me a personal message so we can discuss my problems. Please!Click to expand...

we do not offer an individual PM Solution service - all assistance is via the forum threads only

Whats the exact problem you are having
We need to have information on make and models of all your the equipment please.

PC/Laptop
Router/Modem
Who is the ISP (Internet Service Provider)
Any other machines working - give details
How the PC or more are all connected - full details

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
all the text will be highlighted
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-trying-to-get-my-laptop-to-connect-to-an-internet-connection.1028084/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a used Compaq laptop computer. I can't get on the internet. I searched many people who have the same problem on here but having little to no knowledge on computers I have trouble understanding what's wrong and how to fix it.
Although I am connected to my netgear wireless router and have excellent signal strength I can't on IE. When I do click on it it says the web page is unavailable.
If anyone could help a novice like me with the a reasonably simplified explanation and solution I would be grateful.

A:Laptop Internet Connection Problem

would you post back the following

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-internet-connection-problem.958055/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

When i restart my laptop from the stand by mode i always dont have the internet connection even though all the lights on the modem are on. when i restart the modem few times then i get the internet connection.

I am using ADSL2 connection, the techincal guy told me to set up the network adapter to detect automatically, which i am not sure what to do.

Please help me, THank you for you time.

Shilpa.

A:No internet connection after restarting laptop

If you have to restart the modem to get a connection, this is not your computer that's the issue, much more likely to be the modem and/or the DSL line. I'd call the ISP and complain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-after-restarting-laptop.791521/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello:

When I have my laptop on the first floor, it connects to my wireless network and the Internet. When I disconnect from the wireless network, turn off the laptop, move it down to the basement, and connect the Ethernet cable (to cable modem/router; it is too far for the wireless network there), the laptop does not connect to the Internet.

If I shut off the modem/router (gateway), and turn it on again, and turn on the laptop, Internet connection is restored.

What could be wrong?

Laptop: Toshiba L675
Gateway (cable modem + router): Motorola SURFboard gateway SBG6580

Thanks,

Hans L

A:Moving laptop, no Internet connection

I think it might have something to do with the ARP cache.

ARP is a protocol that links an IP address to a MAC address. And if you switch then the MAC address will be on the Ethernet link but the router will still use the WLAN IP. The cache entry might not expire instantaneously, I'm guessing there is a hold timer of some sort.

If you leave it alone, does the laptop get internet access after a period of time? (like 5 mins).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179620-moving-laptop-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows 7 x64 HP Laptop

Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router WNR2000

So out of nowhere the laptop stops connecting to the internet. I try all the basics like unplugging the router/modem and it didnt help. I tried removing all wireless profiles from the list and adding back my router but it didn't work.

I can see my internet connection on the list and it says the signal is excellent but when I try to connect it keeps saying "Windows was unable to connect to (my router)"

When I click troubleshoot it just tells me to try to unplug the router but that doesnt work. Laptop works perfectly when connected wired.

Here's what it shows when i type ipconfig /all in cmd:

A:Laptop can't connect to internet connection

Sorry for double post but I meant to attach this text doc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-connect-to-internet-connection.911737/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an old laptop that I am trying to connect to the Internet. It is a Dell Latitude D610 running Windows XP. Last time I used it, it was my primary computer and I had a Verizon USB drive and installed Verizon software to connect to the Internet. I have Adobe Creative Suite installed on that computer and the version I have (CS3) is not compatible with my current laptop that runs Windows 8. So I was just going to use it on the old laptop but it is asking me to verify the software online. So I plugged the laptop into my Comcast modem using an ethernet cable. It now says it is connected but I still don't have Internet access. Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Internet Connection problem on my old laptop

Did you restart the modem? So that the modem can identify the new MAC address of the different hardware? If you just unplugged one computer and plugged in a different computer without powering down the modem. The modem is waiting for the old 'handshake' to start working again. You need to power it down, plug in the different computer then restart it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571176/internet-connection-problem-on-my-old-laptop/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a Billion n router accessed by phones desktops up to laptops a tablet and a desktop and a Synology NAS A few days ago one of the laptops just stopped accessing the internet On closer inspection it wasn't talking to the router After several hours messing I got it talking to the router and other devices on the network I did struggle to get wireless working and ended up hard coding the Default gateway to get it working while wired was fine However I cannot see the of laptop one internet connection on loss internet This is the same whether I use a wireless or wired connection I have tried pinging URL's and IP addresses and neither work The other laptops Desktops and Tablet still work fine Ive tried reset winsock reset tcp ip stack switching router on and off several times updated firmware disabled and enables network connection for both wired and wireless several times I really am stuck now - as its my sons laptop I'm beginning to think virus loss of internet connection on one laptop trojan

Relevancy 49.45%

Please excuse my stupidity, but I've just purchased my very first laptop and would love to take it on my upcoming vacation to Vegas. I have searched for three days trying to figure out what I need to make this possible.

My new laptop is an Everex VA4103M and comes with an internal 10base-T/100Base-TX LAN module. Other specs on the computer says it supports AP (Access Point) and integrates built in 802.11 b/g wireless LAN module

The computer has Windows Vista basic installed and at home I have Charter High Speed cable internet. So what do I need (or need to do) to be able to surf the internet while in Vegas?

Thank you so much!

Lisa

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys

Have come across a problem with a wireless network. I have a zyxel prestige 600 wireless router connected to a desktop pc. The internet work fine on this machine however the laptop i have connected to the wireless network will not access the internet. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

A:lost laptop internet connection

Did this configuration ever work?
Two things come to mind.Firewall and encryption.Disable both(disable firewall on the desktop and the laptop, and disable encryption on the router)) and see if you can connect.Just for a sanity check,make sure that you do not have more than one firewall active.
What antivirus do you have running?
Also can you ping the router from the laptop?
There are some areas that will probably need to be looked at but let's try the obvious first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-laptop-internet-connection.592968/
Relevancy 49.45%

I noticed my laptop running slow at start up but once it was up Internet Connection No Infected Laptop and it ran just fine I had Norton but I never renewed the subscription and the day it expired I could Infected Laptop and No Internet Connection no longer get on the internet Before I was on a online casino playing the games when the screen just Infected Laptop and No Internet Connection went black for maybe seconds then came back but was frozen I turned it off by holding the power button down until the light went off for the next few days I couldn't even get my laptop to turn on About a week later I tried again and it did come on very slowly only I couldn't connect to the internet and I know its not the connection at home because there are two other computers in my house that can get onto the internet I took it to Office Depot and they ran a test on it all they told me was that I did have a virus a malware one and for so much they can repair it for me I'm between jobs at the moment and was hoping I could get instructions on how to remove it myself Can I download a removal program onto one computer and use a usb flash drive to transfer the program to the infected computer I'm not very computer savvy but any help or a point in the right direction would very much appreciated Its a hp pavilion dv using windows if that helps any

A:Infected Laptop and No Internet Connection

Hello,

For the connection try these...
Please click Start > Run {{for Vista..Press “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously}} type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.

Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.
Reboot your system to complete the process.

WIN7.. Please Download this file,
Click Me
Right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on Run as Administrator.

Or download this onto a USB and run it

Download Windows Repair (all in one) from [url="Hold down Control and click on [url=http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/]this link[/url] to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.Click on [url="esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe[/url[/url]] to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the
 icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493970/infected-laptop-and-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone Last week I started noticing that my internet connection started to become very slow At first I thought this was just an issue at home But when I started to visit friends and family and I turn on my laptop my internet My connection laptop drains they started to receive very high ping I called my provider and asked if he could check my internet connection and he said that my ping was very high and the moment I turned off my WiFi the ping dropped to normal confirming that my laptop drains the internet I started to run virus scans in order to find malware without succes My computer appears to be healthy I put an image below of my internet source controll and My laptop drains my internet connection nothing seems to peek but I seem to My laptop drains my internet connection send about - kbps without me even having My laptop drains my internet connection any programs on I also visited a lot of help forums without succes I would be delighted if someone could find me a solution for this problem since this is a brand new laptop I added some images below Greetings Joost Dingemans P s I noticed that my Windows Defender displays as disabled at the Tech Support Guy Info Utility but when I open it it says enabled Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Lenovo Flex - Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-drains-my-internet-connection.1135362/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all I know this is a very frequently asked question and I hate to be the one to bother you all once again but I am really not the computer savvy in particular the potential depths of my question Basically like most people that have posted similar threads I bought myself a mobile broadband usb modem dongle for the intention of using its connection with my laptop Windows bit on my PS via ethernet cable I followed the steps allowing other computers to access the connection and what not but I fear if i go and explore any further im going to do something wrong and ruin my pc haha I really need this to work and I hope anyone can help me like I said i am not super smart when it comes to computers but give me a and PS3 internet No laptop connection to ethernet via few step by step guides and i ll be fine I hope the IPCONFIG helps you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Thom gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thomas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect No internet connection to PS3 via laptop and ethernet - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - D- F- -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D- F- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap uws edu au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ee a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ee a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bac a bac Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoc... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a two year old Toshiba laptop that no longer connects to the internet either via ethernet cord plugged into the laptop nor my home wireless network. I have disabled the firewalls and the problem continues. The Network Connection screen shows the computer connected locally but not no internet connection. The laptop is running Windows Vista.

Thanks for your advice. I am lost....

A:Laptop Local Connection But Not Internet

Have you tried a different computer on the same network(s)? If so, did they work ok?

Can you ping your router?

Lets see if we can ping the router. I assume you're using windows 7. To find out, what you'll want to do is click on start and in the search bar type in CMD and hit enter. In the black window type ipconfig and hit enter. What you're going to look for is an area that says something like this:
What you're looking for is the IP of your Default Gateway.

Once you have the default gateway IP, type ping 192.168.0.1 - replace my Gateway IP with yours - and hit enter. You should see either 4 replies or 4 timeouts from the gateway.
If you get 4 replies as can be seen above, that means your laptop is talking to the router. If you get 4 timeouts, then the there is a configuration issue with either the laptop or the router, maybe both.

But lets assume you can ping your and get 4 replies. The next thing you'll want to do is ping an external IP address, something that out on the internet. I always default to using 4.2.2.2 as my test IP. So type ping 4.2.2.2 in that black window and hit enter. Again, either 4 replies or 4 timeouts. If you get replies, that means your router is connected to the internet. If not, then there is a configuration issue with your routers internet settings, or the internet is just down.

Let us know what you find out and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Daniel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-local-connection-but-not-internet.1035529/
Relevancy 49.45%

Im having a problem with my laptop not being able to go online. When I restart the laptop its ok but when I close it it goes into hibernate mode. When I open it back up the internet wont work. I tried restarting the modem, unplugging the cables, everything. When I type in the ip address it shows that the internet is connected but firefox, or anything that uses the internet wont work. I've also tried ipconfig /renew and that doesnt do anything. The only solution is to restart the computer but its getting a little annoying to have to restart it everytime.

A:Laptop not recognizing internet connection

is this a wired or wireless connection to the Internet?

I hibernate my L.T. regularly on a wired connection, so make sure you have the
latest drivers and router firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-recognizing-internet-connection.104687/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings and thank you for your time and help This is my first time on your site and appreciate your patience for any missteps on my part I'm communicating through my desktop My HP laptop Mod ze us has a celeron GHz cpu with MB ram XP home w Service pack- It started with an occasional message that my wireless connection was internet laptop Losing on connection lost then it would come back after a period of time Then my Comcast provided McAfee security suite notified me that protection had been Losing internet connection on laptop termiated I uninstalled it and attempted to reinstall from their web site It started to download and I watched the download speed drop off to nothing so I couldn't reinstall I ran McAfee's site scanner and found nothing I then purchased and installed Spyware Doctor I ran a complete scan and found one low level threat which it eliminated After finding that this didn't help I downloaded Avast to my desktop and transfered it to the laptop This program started out with a complete boot scan finding nothing I was able to get an internet connection long enough to update Avast's virus database and rerun a complete scan again finding nothing I also ran msconfig and googled all startup files I also ran taskmanager and googled the processes although some could have terminated before I got to them I also discounted a router problem by connecting directly I'm including the requested files DDS Version - NTFSx Run by DON at on Fri Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C Program Files Netscape Internet Service ncupdatesvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaSvr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C DOCUME DON LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for gmer zip gmer exe C Documents and Settings DON Desktop dds scr Psuedo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop uInternet Settings ProxyServer uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - c program files nzsearch SearchEnh dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn ycomp dll BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - c progra netsca netsca pbhelper... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/losing-internet-connection-on-laptop-317696.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I JUST bought a new laptop. So i decided to take it for a spin online. I take my ethernet cord off of my Desktop computer [which is working fine] and i put it into my laptop. Now, the connection says that there is Limited Connectivity.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks a bunch.

[I reead that it might be a SP2 problem... so i put this here]

A:Laptop + internet connection, sp2 problem?

Unplug your modem's power cord and then shut down your laptop. Wait about one minute and then plug the modem back in and wait for the lights on the front to so you are online again. Then plug it into the laptop and boot it up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-internet-connection-sp2-problem-78625.html
Relevancy 49.45%

The problem is that I get terrible speeds on my PS4's wireless.

I use a Windows 8.1 laptop in the same room, and would like to somehow share its internet connection with the PS4.

I tried to wire the console and the laptop via ethernet, and bridge the ethernet and wireless connections in the 'Network Connections' page of the Control Panel, but I get the message:

"An unexpected error occurred while configuring the network bridge"

Any idea why this is happening, or if there is a better way to go about this? I also have an external USB wireless adapter at hand, just in case I would need another different wireless connection.
Thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74545-trying-share-laptops-internet-connection-ps4.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Im having a problem with my wifi connection. My router works just fine. I even enter facebook using the browser of my phone as well as our desktop computer. But in my laptop it cannot recognize the wifi. I restarted it many times, removes the battery in case and restart our router too. but its still not working i tried troubleshooting still not work.

Please help me. im dying here :C

A:My laptop cant find internet connection

download and install inSSIDer | MetaGeek see if anybody is on the same channel.

sounds like a channel issue for ur wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149676-my-laptop-cant-find-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm using a dell inspiron b130 laptop with windows xp home edition.

Okay, heres my problem. I need to update and antivirus/spyware software but I have never been able to download anything through the wireless connection. No big deal, I can just plug internet directly into laptop. The problem is I can connect to internet using the wireless (which halts downloads midway thru) but I can't connect directly to the internet line to download updates. I'm not sure what connection settings I need to check?
thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Laptop connection to internet

With a wired connection, please do this.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connection-to-internet.797530/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an old laptop that I am trying to connect to the Internet. It is a Dell Latitude D610 running Windows XP. Last time I used it, it was my primary computer and I had a Verizon USB drive and installed Verizon software to connect to the Internet. I have Adobe Creative Suite installed on that computer and the version I have (CS3) is not compatible with my current laptop that runs Windows 8. So I was just going to use it on the old laptop but it is asking me to verify the software online. So I plugged the laptop into my Comcast modem using an ethernet cable. It now says it is connected but I still don't have Internet access. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Internet connection issue on old laptop

On XP you have to re-create the Network connection from scratch via Control Panel/Network

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150058.0.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was hooked to wireless internet. I moved the computer to another area and now my lap top wont get a internet connection. The diganose connection is on screen and I click on that and Nothing happens ?

A:internet connection problem w/Laptop

Well I think that your wireless modem must be out of range to your computer or it is malfunctioning.You give some more information in this regard.I mean that whether there is any link in the modem etc.

Give some more information so that I may able to helpful.

Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-problem-w-laptop-494309.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi
the laptop is connected to the internet. though, the browsers and programs act exactly as if there was no internet connection at all.
please help
click here

A:the laptop can't feel internet connection

Check the relevant lights on the router - reset the router and retry.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/laptop-cant-feel-internet-connection-4594887/
Relevancy 49.45%

This Internet Or Connection? Laptop Surface question didnt really seem to fit in Laptop Surface Or Internet Connection? any of the catagories but im running off XP Media center edition so i thought this was fitting enough Ive been having some trouble with my laptop lagging after a while of being turned on Usually happens when im running something on the internet that takes a lot of CPU or a program that takes a lot of CPU My laptop usually sits on a table that is made of a relatively soft wood The surface is soft enough that you can dig your nails into it without pressing very hard so it seems to me like it would absorb a lot of heat Right now i am feeling the bottom of the table and can feel the heat going through There is also an internet connection in rooms of my house Only one of them can be used at a time due to having only one modem The cable in the other room was left there from previous use and is not to be regularly used because the room is generally off-limits a bedroom Due to the bedroom being empty for the last week i took it over and put my laptop in there There is a solid hard wood table in there which i placed my laptop on as well as the other internet cable When i used my computer in this room it ran more smoothly than it has in a very long time The internet was Laptop Surface Or Internet Connection? not laggy and im not sure but i dont think it heated up near as much My question is do you think it worked better in that room because of a better internet connection or the table itself thanks D

A:Laptop Surface Or Internet Connection?

I also forgot to mention, if the problem is the table i am using, is there anything i could place under the laptop while its on this table to stop the table from collecting heat?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128593/laptop-surface-or-internet-connection/
Relevancy 49.45%

i have a dell lattitude d600, and i had a really bad virus that wiped out my computer. i bought it off ebay and had no disk, so i went to the dell website and downloaded all the drivers that said went with my laptop. my brother in law, just cleaned out the systme, and re in satlled windows, and my drivers. the virus is now gone and evrything is working except my internet. i have a bilt in wirless card, and i could also plug in the my cable connection beofre but now nothing is working..... what do i do, i need it for my college classes...

A:reburbished laptop, cant get internet connection

Can you go to start--control panel--system--click on hardware tab at the top--click on device manager in that screen click the plus sign next to network adapters see what it says. yellow exclamation etc. post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reburbished-laptop-cant-get-internet-connection-447669.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have been having very annoying problems with my laptops internet connectivity Frequently it will just drop internet connectivity when I mouse Laptop issues. connection internet over my networking on the taskbar it says I am connected to my Laptop internet connection issues. network with a full strength signal but it says quot no internet quot I either have to switch my wireless switch off then back on or disconnect then Laptop internet connection issues. reconnect to my network to get the internet back Sometimes if I am lucky it will come back on its own after a few seconds This happens way to much at least every hours and sometimes it will happen up to times in hour Also while I am connected to the internet my speed constantly peaks then drops down to almost nothing or completely stops then peaks again then drops back down again and it is a non-stop cycle If I happen to try to load a web page while the speed is dropped it won t load the page if I wait a second or two for the speed to rise again it will load properly I have been able to verify that my speed is doing this because EVERY single time I try to download something now whether it be via direct download or a torrent I can see my speed rising and dropping When I play an online game sometimes I constantly get disconnected other times it will play for Laptop internet connection issues. an hour or two and it will seem to be just fine the whole time I recently formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install of windows from vista about months ago or so This has been going on for some time now but I want to say that I don t recall ever having this bad of a problem before I formatted and installed windows I re-installed all of my laptops drivers and the like from the Asus website after I did the format and windows install I don t believe I overlooked anything important I only left out things that were unnecessary I also have a desktop PC wired connection a PS wireless connection my cellphone wireless connection and occasionally another laptop when a family member visits wireless connection None of these other devices seem to have this problem while connected to my WiFi it seems it is just my laptop Anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be any ideas on things I could try to get it working normally again this is very annoying as you could imagine Thanks for any input nbsp

A:Laptop internet connection issues.

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-internet-connection-issues.1079013/
Relevancy 49.45%

My BSNL modem works fine with my desktop.When i connect modem to my laptop it is not allowing me to access internet.It is showing a message "search page is not found".But Local area Connection status remains connected.Please solve this problem.Operating system for desktop and laptop is windows xp

Relevancy 49.45%

hi, i connected my pc to my lap via linksystem router over a year ago. all of a sudden, my laptop lost connection to the internet, but my pc is connected to the internet, so the problem must be with my laptop. my laptop has windows vista ultimate, whereas my desktop has windows xp- dell. laptop is hp pavilion. i reset the new connection on my desktop and wanted to manually enter the network in my laptop, but there is no add wireless connection prompt on my laptop, ran norton 360 on my laptop, and got a prompt that internet explorer is set up to use dial up connection. how do i set it to wireless in my laptop, since when i go to connect to network, i am getting only dsl or dial up connection setup. help!

A:my laptop lost connection to internet

Welcome to TSG.Think we need to know a lot more about your environment.
But,generally,I believe that if you have a wireless manager running on your laptop and the wireless switch or adapter is enabled,and your router is broadcasting an SSID,your laptop will find that signal.A lot of "if's though.
So let's get some basic info.Answer as many of these as you can.Then we will probably have to get some device specific diagnostic info.
The &#8220;Johnwill&#8221; need to know about your environment questionnaire:

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-lost-connection-to-internet.850379/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just got a new Netgear WGR router yesterday and set it up because my mom hasn t been able to get a good connection our old router was an b and it s upstairs The laptop is a Dell Vostro brand new just got it about - weeks ago and the problem I have absolutely no on laptop router No connection with to internet new problem on the desktop however it s not wireless It s connected directly from the router modem to router to desktop on the first switch of the router I No connection to internet on laptop with new router followed the instructions that came with the router to the T and I even dotted ever i put a password named it did all that stuff hadn t done that before because the old router was so slow I figured if anyone was dumb enough to steal my internet they could go right ahead I surfed the net for an hour or so to make sure it was working smooth walking around the house finding any weak spots and all that jazz And then my mom wanted on who has the worst luck with ANYTHING electronic and it all went downhill Something happened and the quot local area connection quot icon had a red x saying a cable was unplugged I don t know if that was there already or not I just remember it being there and we couldn t get on the internet So I started fiddling with stuff I just enabled things and disabled and rebooted a few times acting like a total computer-noob and it worked And We didn t have any more problems until she used the computer again We have a perfect wireless connection kbps excellent signal but the only way to connect to the internet is to directly connect it to the router which kind of defeats the purpose of having wireless internet I m pretty sure I set it up correctly as it worked for or hours while I used it but I can t check it with another computer as we don t have one around right now I might be able to tomorrow sometime It s likely a setting that I changed that I could revert with a system restore but the last restore point was the th and I don t want to go back that far because I don t know how much she s done since then on here unless I have to in which case I ll have to save it somewhere thanks for anything nbsp

A:No connection to internet on laptop with new router

With the wireless connected and WITHOUT the wired connection, please run the following test.
Try these simple tests.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connection-to-internet-on-laptop-with-new-router.798629/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there i am having problems keeping the internet connection on my lap top. At the minute i can not get any connection via wifi. I have plugged an ethernet cable in via a tplink extender and the internet is ok until the laptop goes on to standby mode then it loses connection when i log back on and have to restart the laptop to regain connection.
I have been wondering if the wifi card has stopped working but would that interfere with the ethernet connection ?
My laptop is a fujitsu lifebook A series AH531

We have several other devices working of the router, phones, another laptop and an xbox 1 with no problems so i think it is a problem with just my laptop.

Thanks in advance
Gary

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Toshiba tecra Laptop internet connection problem a laptop yes I know it s a piece of crap running windows home edition on it I recently installed avg and started having problems with my laptop I couldn t even Laptop internet connection problem connect to the internet anymore So I decided to unistall avg However avg wouldn t let me uninstall so I used revo unistaller Revo unistaller let me remove every avg component and my laptop was running fast again but still no Laptop internet connection problem internet connection Both ethernet and wireless connections don t work work The router is not the problem as it is working fine ps is able to connect via ethernet and wireless connections So I then opened up device manager to see what the problem is Under network adapters there is a whole list of errors These are as follows DM USB to fast ethernet adapter- AVG miniport damaged registry code AVG is the manufacturer Location is unknown Intel R PRO VE network connection working fine Intel is the manufacturer Location PCI bus device function Intel R PRO VE network connection- AVG damaged registry code AVG is the manufacturer Location is unknown Intel R PRO Wirless BG network connection working fine Intel is the manufacturer Location PCI bus device function Intel R PRO Wirless BG network connection- AVG miniport driver damaged registry code AVG Technologies is the manufacturer Location is unknown Microsoft TV Video connection- AVG miniport driver damaged registry code AVG Technologies is the manufacturer Location is unknown WAN Miniport IP - AVG miniport driver damaged registry code AVG technologies is the manufacturer Location is unknown Seems to me like AVG is to blame for this mess Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I posted in another thread because someone else having similar probs

A:internet connection to 2 pcs, and ps3, but Laptop is SO SLOW!!!

Wrong, I moved it to it's own thread, please do NOT hijack another persons post, continue here. http://forums.techguy.org/networking/829028-internet-connectivity-issue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-to-2-pcs-and-ps3-but-laptop-is-so-slow.828745/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone to start off this is a wifi Laptop cant internet, says however connection web even browser to problem with one router about weeks ago it started I cant stay connected to the internet to web browser or play game or just about anything however people right next to my on their laptops can do everything fine Also this only happens with the router in my house I have tested other places and I have perfect speed and connection Also it is not bandwidth cause I have tested with only myself on the internet Laptop says connection to internet, however cant even web browser and no difference I have tried changed my DNS to google I have updated my drivers and even re installed them Also I have disable firewall and my anti virus tried safe mode Plugged in it works fine however I get drops from the internet that are super short I think that is normal tho A I different forum helped me there but after the first steps DNS chance and driver update they were stumped My current mini fix is if I disconnect and re connect to the wifi I get a brief - mins of ok internet Also ever now and then when I diagnose the wifi it well say the default gateway could not be reached and it would fix it for - mins however most of the time it says nothing is wrong I hope that was a decent telling of what is going on and here is a ipconfig all --------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Schpoople gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Schpoople-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -E - - A- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - - A- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc abd ccb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July AM Lease Expires Monday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F- - - A- A- D- D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- D- D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Schpoople gt ----------------------------------- Also in my device manager I have these here however only seconds ago did I try to disable them and get this new yellow message so idk if they could be the cause thanks for taking the time to read all of this

A:Laptop says connection to internet, however cant even web browser

My suspicion if that your machine is struggling to pick up the signal based on the channel set. What channel is your WiFi set one? If so could you please try and change it to another one and then try again.

If you do not know how to then please post your make/model of your router and i'll see if I can find some steps on how to.

Your drivers do look a wee bit messy however I am not too concerned with them being the issue since this has not affected your connection to other wireless networks

Many Thanks,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296501-laptop-says-connection-internet-however-cant-even-web-browser.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My internet is 100% fine until my friend opens her laptop. All she has to do is log on and open Chrome or something and my internet goes to ****. But hers remains fine. Everything starts lagging. The connection goes out few minutes but only on my desktop. It's driving me mental that my desktop is barely getting connection while she has perfect connection.

Is there anything I can do about it?

ps. she lives here so it's pretty much a 100% of the time thing.

A:Internet connection problem due to laptop?

Please show the following for when you have good internet access and for when the problem occurs ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

If the laptop is running Windows also show an ipconfig /all for it when it is connected to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-problem-due-to-laptop.1079662/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Tech Support Guy forum I recently built my first PC OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack old much PC an New slower connection has laptop? than internet bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping overlcocked to Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z New PC has much slower internet connection than an old laptop? -V PRO Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled But I have been having major issues with internet New PC has much slower internet connection than an old laptop? speed I browsed through the forums and as a result updated my LAN driver with the latest driver for the Intel LAN Driver V I have the virgin media super hub with up to mbps download but rarely get over and even then the download of webpages seems glitchy on evenings it is terrible with to mbps being the norm The problem is also affecting Chrome which struggles to render maps and stream videos such as p videos on youtube even when I have a tested connection of ish I usually resort to using Explorer reducing videos to p or even p I ve reinstalled Chrome a few times but still no change What is going on I also have an old Dell Inspiron laptop which works brilliantly with the fast internet - where the speed of the hardware is the only limiting factor I ve looked through the forums and have found people with similar issues but still can t get the problem fixed Can anyone help explain the poor speed of my PC compared to my old laptop Thanks nbsp

A:New PC has much slower internet connection than an old laptop?

Have you tried returning your CPU back to factory clock and motherboard to defaults? That's the first thing that stands out to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-has-much-slower-internet-connection-than-an-old-laptop.1076451/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am using an HP Pavilion dv with a Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N network adapter trying to connect to the wifi router on campus from my dorm room The routers are placed in the common areas so I do not receive a very strong signal in my room but it works good enough for my Android phone to connect just fine and have a reasonable speed My laptop on the other hand which works fine in the common areas with good signals at times struggles to get internet I have episodes where I can connect just fine and receive sufficient Wifi internet connected no but to Laptop connection speed but then at other times I connect to the wifi but I cannot connect to the internet I click Diagnose on the Wireless Network Connection Status which runs and claims to find an error which is fixed by resetting the wireless adapter Rarely does this actually Laptop connected to Wifi but no internet connection fix the problem though I am curious as to what could be causing this spotty internet connection with my laptop when my phone always works just fine Could it be something with HP s default WLAN manager I read something about updating to Intel s wifi manager but I could not get the update to work with my Windows -bit OS Does anyone have some insight that can make my laptop connect better nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

So regardless if I use wireless, usb, or ethernet, anytime I start doing more demanding things on the internet, it dumps my connection (such as playing my priest on wow) if I do less demanding things such as myspace or play my low lvl thief, it wont dump nearly as frequently. It allso apears I have a lower signal quality or a harder time maintaining the wireless signal since.

Anyone got any sudgestions short of new laptop? everything else seems to be running fine.

A:Ever since dropping the laptop it dumps the internet connection

longuriel said:

So regardless if I use wireless, usb, or ethernet, anytime I start doing more demanding things on the internet, it dumps my connection (such as playing my priest on wow) if I do less demanding things such as myspace or play my low lvl thief, it wont dump nearly as frequently. It allso apears I have a lower signal quality or a harder time maintaining the wireless signal since.

Anyone got any sudgestions short of new laptop? everything else seems to be running fine.Click to expand...

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ever-since-dropping-the-laptop-it-dumps-the-internet-connection.648395/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, here's the situation.

I have a desktop that has cable internet. I want to be able to use the same connection on my laptop. I have the basic self-installation stuff from the cable company - the box, etc. I'd like to be able to surf the net on my laptop wirelessly. How can I do this?

A:Laptop, Desktop, One Cable Internet Connection...help

The easiest solution would be to go and buy yourself a wireless router.
Then please read the manual on how to set it up before asking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-desktop-one-cable-internet-connection-help.22594/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys i need some help.

I have a laptop with windows7 installed and PC with windows xp installed.

I am using tp-link with a capability of wired&wireless modem router.

I connected my laptop via wireless and connected the internet, it is working properly.

When i connected to the xp PC via Lan connection. I can able to share the files.
But i am unable to share the internet connection.

What i have done so far
1. Checked the sharing option in wireless lan.
2.Checked the option sharing in broadband connection in laptop windows7.
3.Changed the properties of the local area connection in PC to ip address as 192.168.2.2 (where windows7 laptop ip address is 192.168.2.1) and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
And leave other as blank

still it is not connecting to internet.

A:unable to share internet connection between laptop and PC

Sharing, as in networking, relies on the XP and 7 machines being assigned to the same 'workgroup' within each machines settings. Sharing in this sense is LAN side.

You do not need to bridge/share at adapter level at all. Let the TP Link device use it's DHCP server to enable connection sharing. Sharing in this sense refers to the WAN side internet connection being made available to both machines on the routers LAN side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203950-unable-share-internet-connection-between-laptop-pc.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Dear BC Community Vista connection Laptop in No internet TOSHIBA HELP Below I have copied and pasted a log file from a HiJackThis Scan Unfortunatley I can't read it and I do not know what to fix Taking advice from the experts I am posting it No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop here for your viewing and all the help that I can get Thanks Mr MeelasLogfile No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop of Trend Micro No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station TSS exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell V dldtmon exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Paltalk Messenger paltalk exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Dell V dldtMsdMon exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan McUICnt exeC Users Brownsugar Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray quot C Windows system igfxtray exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds quot C Windows system hkcmd exe quot O - HKLM Run Persistence quot C Windows system igfxpers exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl quot RtHDVCpl exe quot O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run TPwrMain quot ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power ... Read more

A:No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281171/no-internet-connection-in-toshiba-vista-laptop/
Relevancy 49.02%

I lost my wireless internet connection. I have windows 7. My basic view of network info reads. "unidentified network" My connection is strong but my "access type" reads No internet access.

A:Lost internet connection on laptop windows 7

Have you tried Repairing it via right click menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/231268-lost-internet-connection-laptop-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I got a new laptop just over a month ago and ever since I've been having an odd problem with the internet connection It's not all the time - it seems to happen at completely random times but it is very annoying now I first noticed it when I downloaded Dropbox and Chrome installers they're both the kind where you download a small exe file then they connect to download the full installer both reported that I wasn't connected to the internet and couldn't continue with the installation I'm also having problems with iTunes downloading App updates and iOS updates Itunes reports that there is no network connection or the download becomes corrupt because there was no response from the server I downloaded the Box laptop with internet Something it wrong figure can't connection out on new - sync app but can never get it to sign in because it is saying there may be a connection issue I'm also having problems sometimes loading websites it'll be working fine one minute then all of a sudden I'll try to load a page and will get a page saying that there was an issue and to try reloading - that usually solves the problem but I'm at a loss as to what might be causing this to happen There's also a problem with connecting when I try to check for solutions to problems via the Action Center I've tried pausing my security software but that doesn't help the WiFi signal on my laptop is always on full my broadband speed is very good and I'm not getting a problem when connected to WiFi Something wrong with internet connection on new laptop - can't figure it out on my iPad so I'm thinking it has to be a problem with the new laptop but I can't figure it out and don't know where to start Can someone suggest anything I could try please Many thanks Jamie Windows bit preinstalled Toshiba Satellite C D laptop AMD A - APU GHz GB RAM TB HDD

A:Something wrong with internet connection on new laptop - can't figure it out

Given that you have no connection problems with your iPad, it does seem likely that the problem is with your laptop.

Given that it is just over a month old, I would not try investigating inside the case as this is likely to invalidate your warranty. Known problems that can occur with internal wi-fi units include faulty fitting of the wi-fi sub-unit, faulty aerial connections to the unit, and plain simple failures of the unit - any and all of which would be good for a warranty claim.

There is a fairly easy way to test whether or not it is your internal wi-fi unit, and that is to try a USB wi-fi dongle. If you can't borrow one for an evening, prices start at about £ 15 - 20 in the UK. If you get solid connectivity with a dongle then you have very good grounds for going back to your supplier and complaining.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549714/something-wrong-with-internet-connection-on-new-laptop-cant-figure-it-out/
Relevancy 49.02%

every time i turn the internet on my laptop on and try to use the internet it slows down all the connection to every device connected to the wifi and its only been doing it since i took my laptop back to get fixed because it had a verticle line own the middle of the screen.... i took it back to the place o brought it but they keep saying its something to do with the wifi/internet box/modem but i dont think it is because it only goes slow when i try and use the internet on my laptop?! please help me!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-slows-down-all-internet-connection-to-all-devices/td-p/5659237
Relevancy 49.02%

heya, names jay, really new to all this stuff , some help would be greatly appreciated, not a clue on what i'm doing, alright, heres the scenario, i have a computer upstairs connected to the internet with a 2wire modem telus gave me, i want to create a network so i can use ICS with my laptop (which has a wireless network card) downstairs, which i want to run an ethernet to my xbox 360 to share the internet, i've heard of people doing it, but i have no idea on how to set up this network and get it all going and stuff,...so in conclusion i wanna share the internet from my laptop(wireless) to my xbox 360, and i dont have the internet connection sharing options and dunno how to set anything up!, any help please? thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I would like to ask for help as I have this problem with my Wifi I'm using a home router And only my laptop that on Wifi No But Internet My Worked Laptop Connection affected with the problem All the other user in my house don't have this problem And It was happened recently on nd of November all Wifi Worked But No Internet Connection on My Laptop the sudden I could connect to this forum using my LAN cable My laptop is Vaio E Series VPCEA FG and Os is Windows Home premium bit Is this a wired or wireless connection issue Wireless Who is your Internet Service Provider ISP Indonesian ISP Fastnet firstmedia What type of Broadband connection are you using Cable What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem Router or Modem Router Combo D-Link DIR- What is the Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software installed from the problematic computer I have none right now I was using McAfee then Zonealarm Because of the problem I'm temporarily uninstalled my ZA How to run and post an ipconfig all output of the computer s in question for review Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name ser-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - -CF- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - -CF- -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Nopember Lease Expires Nopember Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - - E-CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Nopember Lease Expires Nopember Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Xiruss Wi-Fi Inspector attached in the thumbnails Please help me thank you very much

A:Wifi Worked But No Internet Connection on My Laptop

Because you had McAfee installed you need to use the special uninstall procedure to remove it completely from your system per the link below.
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

You may have better luck using WPA2 security with AES encryption rather than the outdated, unsecure and slower WEP security. You can change these settings in the routers control panel.

You appear to have a valid IP here so most likely something is blocking or interfering with the connection.

You will also want to disable the Microsoft virtual adaptor by using the following commands at an elevated command prompt, typed or copy/paste them one at a time hitting enter after each one.

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310519-wifi-worked-but-no-internet-connection-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have PC s amp Laptop we ll call them PC BC amp LT the problem is with LT PC is connected wirelessly BC is wired to the router LT is wireless with Atheros AR G built in i downloaded this http pcpitstop com store exterminate asp on the LT ran the scan and uninstalled it because it didn t remove the spyware after that the LT started acting up i couldn t search for the word spyware couldn t click the category anti-virus amp spyware downloads download com amp couldn t do anything with the word spyware couldn t even Laptop internet wifi problems connection having my with install anti-spyware programs downloaded from the other PC s Everytime I tried the browsers IE CrazyBrowser amp Firefox would close by themselves Tried to run having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection scans but the scanners would close automatically also so we thought to do a factory restart restoring it from out of box state finished that now it doesn t want to connect to the internet checked PC amp BC to see if they were still able to connect internet shows up fine except for LT when LT is connected with the Ethernet cable Internet is fine webpages show up but once disconnected and using the wifi internet doesn t show up The wifi is ON and I have set the settings on it WiFi does read the router and says it s Excellent with all the bars lit green but internet still doesn t show up It has worked just a couple of hours ago just before installing that program from PC Pitstop so we did the fatcory restart again thinking we might have missed something but still Nothing I tried using the disc again to install drivers for the Atheros AR G also tried downloading a driver for it from the internet using the other PC s That didn t work either even though the signal is excellent i can t even access the router from the LT accessing router from the PC s is good so any help would be greatly appreciated XPHomeSP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-my-laptop-wifi-internet-connection.696286/
Relevancy 49.02%

New laptop connected to my home network after drops seconds connection 10 New internet laptop which is very stable and has New laptop drops internet connection after 10 seconds no history of connection issues After about seconds the laptop drops the connection Sometimes it ll come New laptop drops internet connection after 10 seconds back for a while sometimes not haven t observed any pattern in this yet All I ve done since starting the computer for the first time is installed all the junk that comes with it Nero stuff mostly and installed all windows updates there were over of them and AVG Free edition Before doing all that the connection was still not right but it did hold for a lot longer than seconds It held for over an hour downloading programs like Itunes AVG and Firefox Going to control panel gt network sharing centre when the connection is down I see the yellow exclamation mark between my computer and my network Troubleshooting this resets the network adapter gives me the error The default gateway is not available and says that it is fixed The connection then works again for about seconds and drops once more From setting up the network I think the default gateway is the router IP address The internet on the other computers on the network one desktop one laptop is fine and uninterrupted I can t get the connection to hold for long enough to download SysInfo but this is the laptop http www saverstore com product - - GB-Ran- GB-Hard-Drive- -Windows- -P Any advice ideas appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys I bought a new laptop + ++ connection slow New laptop speed internet a few days back but the internet has not been working as it should on it I can barely connect to the internet and the signal is really weird If I sit in my couch with my laptop the New laptop + slow internet connection speed ++ internet is barely working though if I move about inches it will start to disconnect reconnect acting up or not even work at all Even if I move even further away I can still see my internet coming up on the list over available internetconnections I'm using an Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter and whenever I try to troubleshoot my internetconnection a message saying quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point - Fixed quot After running a troubleshoot and getting this message the internet will reconnect and work properly as it should be for - seconds before returning to act up I have tried to reinstall the driver latest version atleast windows says so but couldn't find any newer version online so I guess I'll have to trust windows on this one Also been trying diff settings on powersaving etc but with no results yet I've had several computers much older ones all able to connect to my internet with no problems at all no matter where in the house I would be Help -

A:New laptop + slow internet connection speed ++

Whats the make and model of laptop? With this information we can try and find the correct drivers for you. It's all ways best to get the latest drivers from the actual vendors and not through MS updates.

Also, there could be some sort of interference from other appliances and electrical wiring.

What type of router are you using? Have you tried changing the channel on the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188539-new-laptop-slow-internet-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So its been 3 days now where my laptop internet connection just drops randomly. its drop for about 10-30 sec.
All other devices in the house work fine, so i know for sure it is ny laptop. Iv also tested this a wired connection with the same results. So both wired and wireless connection result in constant internet drop.

A:Laptop Internet connection constanly Dropping

please try

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen )​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This error will occur with windows 8 and windows 10 , so ignore.

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-internet-connection-constanly-dropping.1153960/
Relevancy 49.02%

My internet connection is very weak and can i can move only meters before are Connection while weak is my others Internet laptop for very fine. connection is gone Almost everywhere my signal is only showing bar while the laptop's of others are or bars if not full I am now forced to use a direct cable from my internet to my laptop This is good sometimes but it is really annoying when i want to stay in my room I guess my network adapter is bad I'm not sure Here are my network Internet Connection is very weak for my laptop while others are fine. adapters Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Driver Date Driver Version Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Driver Date Driver Version As for this driver I have tried updating this version to Version but everytime I try Internet Connection is very weak for my laptop while others are fine. to update it it says that it can't update cause it my laptop has the latest drivers Is this the Internet Connection is very weak for my laptop while others are fine. cause of the problem I'm not sure Can anyone help I also thought that maybe my router is defective but this problem is for every wifi connection i use Others can see multiple networks while I cant see a thing Any advice

A:Internet Connection is very weak for my laptop while others are fine.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'd usually download the driver from the Atheros site then manually install the driver.
This tutorial might be of helped for you to manually install the driver.

Also, please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from your computer. Double click the Xirrus Icon on his laptop's desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219772-internet-connection-very-weak-my-laptop-while-others-fine.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all,
A friend helped me out, using combofix recently and it worked great, so i was hoping i could do the same for another friend. I haven't used combofix before so i'm sure i'll need help. Running vista on a compaq presario. I tried safemode with networking but still no dice. i was hoping to put combofix on a flash drive and drop it on the desktop. i don't really have any info on the virus as i just got the computer from my friend.
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348053/running-combofix-on-a-laptop-with-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 49.02%

Well a couple of months ago I posted this same issue on a Yahoo Answers thread which I will paste here for time-saving purposes Internet gradually getting slower any help I recently got Internet installed in my own room and for the first couple of days the speed was fine great actually considering the fact that I'm paying only a little over pesos for it approximately Then suddenly after a little over weeks the browsing speed started slowing down considerably to the point that right now I had to reload Yahoo not working LAN laptop, but on connection works PC on Internet Answers around times just to be able to post this question because I kept getting quot the connection had timed out quot Odd thing is download speed Internet LAN connection not working on laptop, but works on PC stayed the same I managed to download some stuff from Megaupload and it was speedy as usual Only browsing was affected apparently Now I'm pretty sure it's the computer itself because I connected the Ethernet cable to my dad's laptop and the speed was just as good as the first few days on my computer Also I've been surfing ohmyGod youdontknowhowmuchofapainitwas through the Internet trying to find common solutions and I tried every single one I scanned for viruses and Spyware with AVG and SuperAntiSpywarePro deleted Cache Temp files used System Restore to a point before the problem cleaned out all of my useless files the speed's fine for anything except browsing anyway used CCleaner reset my router used Windows' Diagnose and Repair connection and even tried several other browsers Nothing worked Now please I went through too much trouble to even post this question so do you guys have any other suggestions or an idea of anything else I could try Computer's a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista GB of RAM My ISP is a Mexican company Megacable which I don't think you could do much with that info Browser is Firefox I recently updated to which at first I thought was the cause of the problem before I tried Google Chrome and Opera and they didn't work either I do use BitTorrent but I stopped using it to try and resolve the internet problem Of course I tried all of the suggestions the answerers made to no avail but it wasn't that much of an issue because I was able to use my desktop PC in its stead on which the LAN connection worked perfectly Well it turns out now I'm being forced to use my own laptop again and for the life of me I still cannot get the internet to work Thing is the internet isn't completely dysfunctional but erratic I can get pages I visit very frequently to load like the Google home page or the index page to some other forums I browse frequently but if I try to click on any of the links in those sites or any other sites I get a timeout error Downloads still work as I mentioned above but getting them to start is a pain and the download speed seems to have dropped from the time I made the post on Yahoo Answers like months ago I was also able to connect to Windows Live Messenger about a half hour ago but I tried connecting just now and it's not working anymore I've been browsing several different sites and I can list all the things I've also tried here -ipconfig flushdns -Running winsockfix -Turning off the Firewall -Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the LAN connection -Running the Norton Removal Tool So I'm basically asking if you have any other suggestions And thanks in advance

A:Internet LAN connection not working on laptop, but works on PC

Just in passing could you run ipconfig /all and take a screenshot of it and upload it to us here?

Also some network setup would be useful.
Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294703-internet-lan-connection-not-working-laptop-but-works-pc.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sir, my laptop although is connected to to my WiFi, I'm unable access the Internet. But I'm able to do so in my phone. I was suggested to change few settings of wireless connection. Doing so, nothing changed. Later after multiple checkings, realized it is a LAN mad Wireless drivers issue. Please guide me through this on resolving. Do I've to format the whole system and then install the drivers or just uninstall just these two drivers and reboot the system and re-install them? Or is there any alternative? Please respond. It's quite important. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-laptop-isnt-able-to-access-Internet-connection-due-to/td-p/5841396
Relevancy 49.02%

i have PC s wifi connection Having internet Laptop my problems with amp Laptop we ll Having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection call them PC BC amp LT the problem is with LT PC is connected wirelessly BC is wired to the Having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection router LT is wireless with Atheros AR G built in i downloaded this http pcpitstop com store exterminate asp on the LT ran the scan and uninstalled it because it didn t remove the spyware after that the LT started acting up i couldn t search for the word spyware couldn t click the category anti-virus amp spyware downloads download com amp couldn t do anything with the word spyware couldn t even install anti-spyware programs downloaded from the other PC s Everytime I tried the browsers IE CrazyBrowser amp Firefox would close by themselves Tried to run scans but the scanners would close automatically also so we thought to do a factory restart restoring it from out of box state finished that now it doesn t want to connect to the internet checked PC amp BC to see if they were still able to connect internet shows up fine except for LT when LT is connected with the Ethernet cable Internet is fine webpages show up but once disconnected and using the wifi internet doesn t show up The wifi is ON and I have set the settings on it WiFi does read the router and says it s Excellent with all the bars lit green but internet still doesn t show up It has worked just a couple of hours ago just before installing that program from PC Pitstop so we did the fatcory restart again thinking we might have missed something but still Nothing I tried using the disc again to install drivers for the Atheros AR G also tried downloading a driver for it from the internet using the other PC s That didn t work either even though the signal is excellent i can t even access the router from the LT accessing router from the PC s is good so any help would be greatly appreciated XPHomeSP nbsp

A:Having problems with my Laptop wifi internet connection

Try performing an XP repair:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-laptop-wifi-internet-connection.101668/
Relevancy 49.02%

we have 2 laptops both windows 7 wireless one is loosing constantly internet the other laptop stays on fine no problems

nothing has changed, the one dropping the connection uses Kaspersky for years now, no new programs installed etc
any idea what this could be?

any help will be appreciated

A:Laptop randomly losing Internet connection

Hi there,

Can you please provide us a screen capture of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector?

Might be worth it to scan your computer for possible virus/malware infections. You may use the free SuperAntiSpyware and Eset online scanner. Test you connection after.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361974-laptop-randomly-losing-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey, all. A friend of mine recently helped me out with combofix and it worked great, so i was hoping to do the same for another friend. I haven't used combofix before so i'm sure i'll need help. running vista on a compaq presario. i don't know anything about the virus as my friend just gave me the compy. i tried running safemode with networking but still no dice. i was planning on putting combofix on a flash drive and dropping it on the desk top.
thanks.

A:running combofix on a laptop with no internet connection

DO NOT RUN ComboFix unless requested to.

Try , please perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.

* When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
* The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

this post may be removed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348052/running-combofix-on-a-laptop-with-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop has viruses and I cannot get an internet connection I took it to a local PC repair shop and they said it had about viruses but Acer internet connection no viruses Laptop and with wanted to fix it They said there were adware viruses and some other ones that they needed more time to research Per the posting instructions the DDS txt file is pasted below and I have attached the Attach zip file -------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by rstewart at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Acer Laptop with viruses and no internet connection Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files Acer Laptop with viruses and no internet connection McAfee Acer Laptop with viruses and no internet connection McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Program Files x VERIZONDM bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files x VERIZONDM bin tgsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files x Crawler Smileys CSmileysIM exe C Program Files x RebateInformer RebateInf exe C Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C Users rstewart AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x VERIZONDM bin sprtcmd exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Common Files Motive McciContextHookShim exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Users rstewart AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Users rstewart AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system wbem WMIADAP EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar Preserve mStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r d l z t j x mDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r d l z t j x mSearchAssistant hxxp toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid mCustomizeSearch hxxp toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO lt No Name gt... Read more

A:Acer Laptop with viruses and no internet connection

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

What happened to your connection? It just quit all of a sudden?

What happens when you try to connect? Any error messages?

When you run this tool, remember to choose 'Skip' not 'Cure' if it finds something. We just want a scan, not a fix.

Download tdsskiller.exe and Save it to your Desktop.

Double-click tdsskiller.exe and click 'Run'

Click 'Start scan'.

If no infection is found, click 'Close' and let me know.

If an infection is found, select 'Skip' from the dropdown menu under 'Cure' then click 'Continue' > 'Close' > 'Close'.

It will produce a log here > C:\TDSSKiller.2.8.15.0_date_time_log.txt

Please navigate to the file, double-click to open it, and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/acer-laptop-with-viruses-and-no-internet-connection-682263.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a netgear router model DG N connected direct to my desktop pc the router is getting old but seems to generally be ok However when my son tries to connect to connection internet cannot Solved: Laptop detect my internet connection wirelessly Solved: Laptop cannot detect internet connection his laptop does not detect my internet connection I think and Solved: Laptop cannot detect internet connection consequently can not connect to the internet We have tried to have him sit right next to the router and hopefully pick up a signal but that does not work either so I am guessing it is not a signal strength issue I have read some things about setting up a network and adding him but it seems strange that I would have to do that when he can go to his friends houses and pick up their connection without a problem or without being added to a network I know very little about this sort of thing so please forgive my lack of tech terms etc Can anyone please help me along Both my son and I run windows Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

When I first try to get in to the internet it always comes up with no internet connection. I have to keep restarting it to try and get online and eventually I do. But it can take 15 minutes to finally connect and this morning it took longer. How do I fix this please? Do I need to reboot? If I try and refresh, it takes ages and messes up my files. Help please.

A:Laptop windows 8 problem with internet connection

How do you connect to internet?
is it a wireless, cable? do you own network you're connecting to?
have you before been able to successfully connect?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64974-laptop-windows-8-problem-internet-connection.html