Windows Support Forum

Spectre X360 15" screen cracked

Q: Spectre X360 15" screen cracked

We purchased the laptop march of 2016. Last week we noticed a crack starting from just off center on top of the screen. The laptop has never left our home and has never been dropped or abused. We have 5 grown children and owned several laptops in the past, so this is not our first rodeo. The laptop performed well in all other areas so we were really disappointed that this happed. I can only imagine from the multiple posts on here, that this is a common flaw among this series. Shame on me for not researching it enough. Hp support would not cover the cost of repairs. I went ahead and paid the $210 to repair the screen. That amount will be nothing compared to the loss of future sale from our families and businesses. HP used to be a reputable name. Too bad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-X360-15-quot-screen-cracked/td-p/5615051
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Spectre X360 15" screen cracked

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.56%

I bought nbsp my computer months ago Got a first issue with the headphone not working i brought it back and x360 hp cracked screen spectre they replace it with a new one This is in between there days return and replace policy since then no problem beside the sound on this computer is poor but i hp spectre x360 screen cracked am always working with headphone or bluetooth The other day i open my computer on the morning and find a little scratch How can you scratch your computer when you just open it min after the scratch became a crack and got the bottom left of my computer to the middle top Then decide to reach HP support to send my computer to repair Thinking that it is under the warranty But not No warranty for screen damage This is a defect problem that HP should cover or recal the computer They shouldn't leave there customer unhappy with their product and their customer service handling situation Beside they will charge me for repair This is not fair that some people with the same problem get covered and other not This is the last time i buy HP product Use to love them not anymore A big company like HP prefer to have people pist of than to take care of them

A:hp spectre x360 screen cracked

@frenchspotting

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-spectre-x360-screen-cracked/td-p/5607435
Relevancy 85.56%

Bought this laptop 4 weeks ago and thought by paying out for a better "quality" one that it would go the distance. Used it on Saturday evening, closed the lid and left on my desk. Came down in the morning and when I opened it the screen had cracks in it - no force had been used and nothing had dropped on it - everyone else was in bed apart from me. From looking on the reviews here and speaking to my IT delaer, there is an obvious design flaw with the screen that needs some investigation from HP - there are literally hundreds of customers that have had this same problem - can someone help on this please - I am very unhappy after paying out 900 on this to break after only a month !!!!Many Thanks inadvanceDean Johnson

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-X360-screen-cracked/td-p/5801104
Relevancy 85.56%

After lot of search on screen spectre x360 cracked and impatience i am writing hear with lot of hope nbsp I am from india and received this laptop hp cracked screen on spectre x360 spectre x copper trim cracked screen on spectre x360 last december as a birthday gift from my sister from the US I am currently in india and have been delighted to use this product for months nbsp Two day ago after using it cracked screen on spectre x360 i shut it down and to my nightmare next moring i found a slight hair line crack on the screen which has now increased to lot of cracks after using as i had all my data on the laptop I called the CC India and reported the problem but they said as this product is not available here but have taken my complaint nbsp Its been only month and i have hardly used it i am really attached to this laptop nbsp i am so disappointed and restless dont know what to do please help me and provide me a solution and guide me nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5610871
Relevancy 85.56%

I've had the same problem as seen in 8 previous pages on this forum. My wife opened our 1 month old, $2000 hp spectre x360 laptop to find the screen had cracked. By the time we got the laptop to hp, the cracks had spread and some shards of glass fallen out near the origin of the crack at one hinge. Hp have deemed this as physical damage and quoted us $523 for repairs, on what without doubt was a defective screen. I can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment at both the quality of hp screens based on the 8 pages of similar issues, and the ridiculous quoted repair costs. I could buy a new laptop for less. With this level of customer service, I don't see hp maintaining their reputation of quality.

A:cracked screen on spectre x360

@trent2
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5112381
Relevancy 85.56%

Another cracked screen.My daughters computer is 7 months old. She was flying back from holiday and the computer was in a padded computer case inside a backpack. On opening the computer after the flight there was a crack on the LHS of the screen which then spread diagonally right, across the screen. The computer was fine before the flight and was not dropped or mis-used. Waiting to hear back from customer service but not hopefull as the standard line is that it is the users fault. What happens if I have it repaired and it cracks again?Thanks HP, will be the last product bought from you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-cracked-screen/td-p/5698450
Relevancy 85.56%

Hello All nbsp Spectre Cracked x360 4K Screen nbsp I saw the massive post over pages long on the issue with the cracked Spectre x screens Cracked Screen Spectre x360 4K nbsp I Cracked Screen Spectre x360 4K purchased my Spectre approximately months ago and I noticed the screen is starting to crack nbsp The crack is just to the right of the middle at the top nbsp The crack started at the small hole to the right of the camera and has spread to the very top and now down my screen nbsp It is clearly not the LCD because the touch screen still works and no pixels are messed up nbsp This appears to be the outer screen nbsp Has anyone been able to get HP to recognize the flaw nbsp I love the laptop but am not impressed that the screen has already cracked nbsp I am very careful with my devices and this is used only for my company nbsp I am hoping someone on this board can help me with getting the glass replaced Thank you nbsp Shane Metzler President content removed

A:Cracked Screen Spectre x360 4K

Hi, My loan machine is a 15" Spectre x360 with 4K screen. My friend's machine is a 13" Spectre x360 with 2560x1440 screen. Those machines are thin therefore we won't put them to a backpack and give them in well protected computer bags. I believe the glass itself on any FLAT and well protrected situation won't break. Hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Cracked-Screen-Spectre-x360-4K/td-p/5818290
Relevancy 85.56%

Hello.  I bought an Hp Spectre x360 13-4101dx On Friday, October 10th, 2015. Today i closed the laptop as anyone normaly would, and opened it a few minutes later to find the screen cracked. The laptop was not closed with any force, and upon furth research this seems to be a problem many others are having with this device.This is a virtually brand new product and the damage is not due to handling fault.  I am also an employee at Best Buy and have sold many of these laptops to customers because I thought they were a great product but now my faith in HP is in question.I have attached and image of the crack.I would really like this issue to be resolved.Thank you,Brennan Guernsey.

A:HP Spectre x360 Cracked Screen.

Hi @BrennanGuernsey?,  Welcome to the HP Forums!   It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. Learn How to Post and More I understand that your new Spectre 13 x360 has developed a cracked screen not due to customer induced damage.As it is a recent purchase and this is a hardware issue please contact HP support for servicing. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.  Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Cracked-Screen/td-p/5304903
Relevancy 82.77%

I recently bought nbsp in May Hp's relatively new Spectre x Convertable Laptop screen I paid a whopping plus tax for it I use it everyday between work and home Just couple weeks Customer Cracked HP - x360 Horrible ... Service! Screen Spectre ago I opened the screen to see a long crack across it I am in no way HP Spectre x360 Cracked Screen - Horrible Customer Service! ... rough or damaging to the device I am always very careful with it To begin with I only own latop and having to send this one away for over weeks is causing me prblems with work As my device was still under warranty I called HP to have it fixed thinking it would be no problem Halfway through they called me saying it is going to cost to HP Spectre x360 Cracked Screen - Horrible Customer Service! ... have the screen replaced nbsp ABSOLUTELY rediculous nbsp I mean I already nbsp paid grand for this and your telling me you won't fix my screen unless I fork over another The customer service was terrible as the woman on the other line was unsympathetic and rude and continued to repeat the same mumbo jumbo about how they can't do anything about it As of right now theyre sending my laptop back - unrepaired This means I will be without a laptop for nother week or two until nbsp I can find someone else to fix it for a more reasonable price nbsp Needless to say HP should be fixing screens for free ESPECIALLY since I am NOT the only person to have a screen crack for no reason I have seen so many threads in regards to the same issue yet HP does nothing to help nbsp Regrdless I will never be buying an HP laptop again - service is horrible and no dedication towards cutomers whatsoever nbsp When I get my laptop back I am going to sell it and switch over to DELL nbsp So to make this long story short I DO NOT reccommend HP products I hope I am saving you the trouble I had

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Cracked-Screen-Horrible-Customer-Service/td-p/5780235
Relevancy 86.86%

Once again, I have got the same problem. Just closed the laptop after finishing my job, and when I opened it another day, touchscreen on the right side of laptop just stopped working. Then found a crack in the right bottom side of the laptop. Was wondering if it actually happened magically, but then tried to search for this problem on internet. And here You go, there are 9 more forum pages of very similar posts. I was happy about this Spectrex360 laptop, it worked flawlessly. Now I feel robbed, as it is almost brand new, 4 months old. Our local service center did not even try to discuss and instantly told that screen cracks are not under warranty. How can I convince them that I actually only closed and re-opened it? Any ideas?  

A:Re: My HP Spectre XT screen just cracked!

Hello @vladas88,I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works,this post has instructions. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-My-HP-Spectre-XT-screen-just-cracked/td-p/5715081
Relevancy 86.86%

i purchased this laptop in July.  It is usually in a stationary position and location - and does not get moved around.  I closed it last night, and opened it this morning to find two cracks in the screen glass.   In no way was this due to handling damage.  I am reading about many other cracked screens now.  Would someone from HP please contact me with a remedy?  I assume it can be replaced at no cost?

A:HP Spectre 360 cracked screen

@averill

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-360-cracked-screen/td-p/5826478
Relevancy 86.86%

I opened my laptop just a few minutes ago to discover that some how my screen had cracked. I am on it now and it has two round black spots and some black lines, but atleast the whole screen isnt out. My question is how much would it cost to get fixed, who could fix this and what can I do to prevent this from happening in the future. I appreciate all help and advise.

A:My HP Spectre XT screen just cracked!

Choose your country here to get phone support for Envy>Contact HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-HP-Spectre-XT-screen-just-cracked/td-p/2328753
Relevancy 86.86%

My screen just cracked for no reason on my Specture.  I have had for about 6 months and this is the second HP Spectre that has cracked.  The first one cracked for no reason around the 12 month period and I called HP and they said they were out of warranty and they would not replace it and it would be around $700 to replace my screen. I should have never bought another and HP should replace both after reading these posts.  I need help, I feel like filing a small claims case for both.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Second-Spectre-Screen-Cracked/td-p/5661735
Relevancy 86.86%

When I opened my laptop this morning the screen was cracked. This laptop never leaves the office desk and has never been dropped or mismanged. So I just off the phone with HP support about my HP Spectre and they stated that since screens can't "randomly" crack they will fix it for $300. Is there anything I can do because from a cursory look on these forums I am obviously not the only one. I would understand if I was the only one crying wolf but it seems this is a problem with design/manufacturing flaws with this laptop. I appreciate any help or advice you might have for me to fix this as it really pains me to pay that much money for something I didn't do!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-Screen-Cracked/td-p/5637297
Relevancy 86.86%

I have the same issue. Fine crack appeared in my screen which now increased. The laptop was never dropped and was in the neoprene sheath. I just called Hp service here in Singapore and they have stated it will cost approx. $1000 to fix it. They claim they can't just replace the glass even though the display works fine.Obviously this is totally unacceptable and I have asked that this be escalated before I raise the matter with CASE. (Consumer affairs).I expected better from HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-spectre-cracked-screen/td-p/5654506
Relevancy 86.86%

Greetings I have now joined the Club of upset extremely disappointed and PO'd HP Spectre Touch Laptop Owners who now how the most expensive paperweigh with a CRACKED SCREEN nbsp I saw the pages of compliants about the similiar problem nbsp I called HP and got their same lame excuse for not wanting to take the moral and ethical responsibility to admit this is a problem and try to blame it on abuse nbsp Mine like the vast vast majority of other Owners was exactly the same situation nbsp My laptop always sits on HP screen cracked spectre my home office desk never been in a computer case backpack etc nbsp In fact has never seen the light of day nbsp Simply turned it off gently closed the laptop went to bed and suprise surprise surprise next morning the screen had a crack from top middle to lower right nbsp Now my screen doesn't work at all and the arrow HP spectre cracked screen gets stucks and blinks all day nbsp Shame on HP for hiding them heads in the sand on this one nbsp Hopefully by this time isn't their a Lawyer out there who has this same problem and willing to take on a class action suit or behalf of us dissatisfified owners and get OUR MONEY BACK nbsp We can only hope since HP is the least Customer Focused Company I ran across in many many years nbsp Very Sad

A:HP spectre cracked screen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-spectre-cracked-screen/td-p/5844993
Relevancy 86.86%

I Accidently cracked the screen on my 6 month old HP Spectre 12 X2 64 cost 700 12 a000na I cannot find a repair centre anywhere in Nottingham. I don?t seem to have much luck on the internet. Can you Help I know I will have to pay for its repair but I want a Genuine HP Repair. At a price I can afford After all I did pay 700 for this Computer. This tablet is working but touch response near the crack doesn?t.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Cracked-Screen-on-HP-Spectre-12-X2/td-p/5707887
Relevancy 86.86%

looking for replacement cannot seem to find one that is reasonably priced, can you offer any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-HP-Spectre-XT-screen-cracked/td-p/5702116
Relevancy 86%

I opened my laptop this morning to find a cracked screen (bottom right ). Cracked screens have been an issue for many people with HP spectre 360. Need this to be resolved, and as I did not to anything to cause this, I beleive I should not have to pay for this. I welcome feedback about actions to be taken to resolve this problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Cracked-Screen-Spectre-360-Laptop/td-p/5660914
Relevancy 86%

I am totally shocked and disappointed after reading 8 pages of the exact same issue I now have with my 6 month old Spectre 360.  This is used only at home, not transported-I opened the computer one morning to find a crack in the screen which has now spread and the shards of glass are being held in by the screen protector.  It is unbelieveable that it will cost $300 to $500 to repair it.  At times, it is virtually inoperable due to the cracks- this was a thousand dollar computer.  Are there any other options?  I just converted my entire office to HP from Dell and now am so regretting that decision.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-360-cracked-touch-screen/td-p/5618773
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi nbsp cracked HP Screen x360 Spectra I have work HP Spectra x for a bout months - then one day unit screen cracked for no reason- i call and chat with customer service - they created a sevice ticket to rplace screen free - but when unit arrived - HP rep called and ask for -because cracked sceen is not HP Spectra x360 cracked Screen manufacturing defect nbsp my questin is that I saw too many reports regard screen cracked - why HP not admid the flaw in their design and fix it nbsp ---- nbsp nbsp Important PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email Hello HP Spectra x360 cracked Screen THOMAS In an ongoing effort to ensure satisfaction with our service we have attached a confirmation of your recent HP Support Solution Please retain this document for your records The warranty status listed below is contingent upon the accuracy of the model number serial number and proof of purchase if required Please verify that all information is accurate If any of the information is incorrect or if you have questions regarding customer service on your HP product please contact our HP Customer Support center using the appropriate telephone number listed in your product user manual nbsp To review the status of your order online please have your CSO BHVV - and email address ready and visit the HP Case Status Page Sincerely HP Customer Support HP Appreciates your business For additional assistance with your HP Product and services please visit www support hp com Customer Service Order CSO Summary nbsp nbsp CSO Number nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BHVV - CSO Placement Date nbsp - - Reason for Service nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CRACKED LCD Model Number nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N R UA Model Description nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HP SPECTRE X CONVERTIBLE - DX Serial Number nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Personal information removed Creator nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ANUTPKL nbsp HP nbsp is providing the following service for your product BOX PLUS PICKUP amp REPAIR DAY SHIPPING nbsp nbsp Total Charges including tax if applicable Materials Labor nbsp Tax nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Total nbsp nbsp nbsp Freight Uplift Charges are included if applicable This quote is valid for days from the date shown above nbsp Warranty Status nbsp nbsp nbsp IN WARRANTY Payment Method nbsp nbsp NO PAYMENT HP nbsp Repair Center HEIL QUAKER BLVD LAVERGNE TN nbsp

A:HP Spectra x360 cracked Screen

@Tom1001

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectra-x360-cracked-Screen/td-p/5689333
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello nbsp I recently discovered several cracks in my nbsp HP Notebook-screen As this particular HP Notebook is a touchscreen these cracks are quite nbsp annoying because it is making my computer open all sorts of things as it clearly thinks I am touching the screen when in fact it is a result of some sort of blow sustained to the screen I do not recall how these cracks were made but I fear by receiving some sort of blow to the backside of the screen I have taken the entire PC apart to see if there were any visible signs of damage to the display itself other than the cracked glass in front of it but no damage is to be seen As I believe nbsp the damage is a result of a blow to the backside of the screen I do fear that the display panel itself has suffered damage but not being able to see any damage I Cracked a screen x360 HP 13-A100 on come to ask for help nbsp First of all Is it possible that the display panel is damaged without me being able to see it The computer was completely turned off when I opened it up so I was unable to check the display panel with the computer running Second Can I somehow check the display panel myself to see if it Cracked screen on a HP 13-A100 x360 has suffered any damage Third As I need this computer quite badly I want to do the repair myself and would like to here whether I can buy an entire new screen with glass AND display panel as a spare part and fit it myself - and if so where nbsp The screen in question is a B XW and the notebook is a HP Cracked screen on a HP 13-A100 x360 -A x nbsp nbsp Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Cracked-screen-on-a-HP-13-A100-x360/td-p/5614450
Relevancy 84.71%

Just discovered my laptop screen is cracked

A:HP Envy x360 m6-w010dx screen is cracked

Hello @ladyisamensch, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having an issue with the display, and wanted to assist you!  I see that you noticed the screen is cracked. There are only a couple of options available to you, for this type of situation.  You can either try to replace the screen yourself.  Or send it in to HP for repair.  For more information about both of these options, try reviewing the following document: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-x360-m6-w010dx-screen-is-cracked/td-p/5677916
Relevancy 84.71%

Good day,Just last night my laptop slipped off the bed when my dog jumped in and the touchscreen now is cracked and won't work. All other features, sound, keyboard, everything else seems to run fine but the screen is cracked and nothing is registering my touch.I still have my warranty on it as I checked online and would like to know what would be my next step. I currently live in the Bahamas and got this laptop as a gift and they brought it from the states. I would really hope that this is a quick fix. Not sure who to go to down here so thanks in advance for the assistance Regards

A:HP Pavilion x360, cracked screen, still have warranty

Eventhough the product is in warranty, this is an induced damage and is not covered as a part of warranty. you can contact the local HP technical support there who will support you their best on a charge basis. The charges would be applicable in US too unless you have an accidental damage protection plan.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-cracked-screen-still-have-warranty/td-p/4833412
Relevancy 82.99%

My duaghter cracked the digitizer glass on her laptop, but it still works fine after disabling the touchscreen. I know I can buy another digitizer glass and replace it, but if the lcd itself is still functional can you just remove the cracked glass and use it as a non-touchscreen laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-x360-15-u011dx-cracked-digitizer-screen-solutions/td-p/5751005
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, I have had HP Spectre x360 for some 6 months now  . It is fine machine but the screen has bad problems.  From the start, few times in mohth the picture of the screen is fading away.  Exactly the same case as with with this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72H_7lwKJuo Is waranty repair only schoice or what? Br, MrFin

A:screen fading with HP Spectre x360

Hi @MrFin?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 and issues with screen fading Windows 8. I have has some luck with changing the adaptive brightness. Try to click the Windows key, type in Power Options.On the right click Change plan settings.Then click on the bottom section Change advanced power settings link.Display ?> Enable adaptive brightness, and change the settings there. Restart the Notebook. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed.Please let me know how this goes.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/screen-fading-with-HP-Spectre-x360/td-p/5321356
Relevancy 81.27%

I am highly considering buying a spectre x360 13. I am deciding between the 1080p ips model and the QHD OLED model. One of the criteria I have is the brightness of the panel. Does anyone know the brightness of the FHD and/or the brightness of the OLED??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-screen-brightness/td-p/5723884
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi  , I  have a cracked digitizer on  My Spectre x360 and I  wnat  to  replace the  screen, but  cannot  find any  instruction on the internet. This is not  the first  time I replace touchscreens, but  this one looks a bit  different, so  it would be nice to  have some guidence on  how to  remove the touchscreen without  damaging the computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-screen-replacement/td-p/5639306
Relevancy 81.27%

Having a problem with the screen failing on my 18 month old spectre x 360. The screen fades to vertical lines. Touching the bezel at the base of the screen brings it back. Is this a problem with the screen connector or a software issue?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-screen-fading/td-p/5827728
Relevancy 81.27%

I haven't had too many issues but occaisionaly the screen flickers.  My biggest question is I am looking for advice on how to get the screen to rotate into tablet mode when it is flipped and have the keyboard and trackpad turn off.  Do you have any advice?  I am using Ubuntu 16.04.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-X360-Ubuntu-Screen/td-p/5640156
Relevancy 81.27%

Dear All nbsp I'm new in this community I appreciate if somebody can help me with this problem nbsp I recently got a new HP Spectre X - - ms It's a great convertible ultrabook with core i - U processor GB RAM GB SSD and Windows OS But when nbsp I bend it to degrees the screen suddenly off for a few seconds and it is repeated to flash on and off nbsp It happens only when the screen bent to degrees and on other angles it doesn't have any problem I did a lot of things to check the reason nbsp of this problem I found that this problem doesn't nbsp happen in the safe mode and also in the main mode when the graphics driver Intel HD Graphics is disabled nbsp I tried nbsp to update the Windows and Graphic driver but the problem still exists I don't know that this problem is a hardware problem or just a software one nbsp I searched throw internet but I didn't find anybody else reporting this kind of problem I also read this threadhttp h www hp com t Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch Screen-flashing-on-off-on-brand-new-HP nbsp but I think my problem is different from the one explained nbsp there nbsp I appreciate any idea and help about this issue nbsp Many thanks Moh nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-X360-Screen-Problem/td-p/5807825
Relevancy 81.27%

I purchased my HP Spectre x360 (i7, 8GB, 256SSD, Windows 10) two days ago.It worked perfectly until midday today when the touch keyboard icon in the bottom right of the toolbar began to toggle on and off for no reason.  Simultaneously, the touch screen was unresponsive for the majority of the 13.3" display.  When the icon is not toggling, everything works fine.  This problem occurs (what seems like) at random times for random durations.I have done nothing outside normal use and checking to make sure there are no problems.My guess is it has something to do with switching from the various "360" modes and possibly the connectivity between the screen and keyboard panels.Has anyone else had similar problems?Are there any solutions already in place?

A:HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

Hi @zswies?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the Touchpad sensitivities.If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!I hope this helps.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Touch-Screen/td-p/5224100
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello All, Ever since I bought the X360, I regularly get windows crash - Blue screen. Often in middle of long emails or complex excel sheets, it crashes! Nothing more annoying than this!I have at least 1 or 2 crash per day. The message error code often changes, sometimes i get Memory handling exeption, sometimesIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALI perform all updates on the machine!Help please, before i go crazy and smash this unit!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Blue-Screen-on-HP-x360-spectre/td-p/5656946
Relevancy 81.27%

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this laptop. I've had the laptop for 5 months and didn't drop it just went to open the screen one morning and it had cracked without impact. Called hp (my laptop is still under warranty) and they claimed it would be 471$ for repair when it is clearly badly manufactured and a defective screen. For a laptop that flips around and should be better built I am extremely disappointed. I am a university student and I will be telling everyone and posting on McGill forums how horrible this laptop is and how horrible hp customer service is. I was told many different things on the phone and never got a straight answer. For the same price by a MacBook, hp isn't worth the grief and the time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Broken-screen-spectre-hp-x360/td-p/5613642
Relevancy 81.27%

I just wanted to tell you your customer service is a disgrace. I just bought a brand new spectre x360 10 days ago and its touch screen goes crazy every few hours. I had to contact your support 4(!!!) times: first time they updated the BIOS, second time they updated the BIOS and the graphics driver and the third time they had me do a full system refresh, nothing has helped. When I called the support line the last time they told me I had to replace my laptop and that it would take 7-9 business days for it to get replaced once they take it away! I'm new here in Los Angeles and don't have another laptop, while school is starting I don't have any alternative laptop and can't make do without one! This is ridiculous, I'm never buying another HP product again in my life and will recommend everyone else to do the same.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Touch-Screen/td-p/5725606
Relevancy 80.41%

For the past several weeks I get a blue screen with the message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL And the laptop reboots.  I've had the Geek Squad from Best Buy login and they say it's fixed; however, it continues even today. Any recommendations???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-screen-HP-Spectre-x360-13-4195dx/td-p/5647265
Relevancy 80.41%

I just got a new HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx and it works quite well EXCEPT that the screen regular goes black for a moment and then flashes back on. Typically black for a fraction of a second--maybe a second or two at most.  HUGELY FRUSTRATING. I have gone through and updated all of the drivers. Any idea? thanks,joel

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Screen flashing on/off on brand new HP Spectre x360 - 13-400...

That doesn't seem normal, and you should just get an exchange. If you got it at Best Buy, it should be a quick exchange (if they're in stock). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-flashing-on-off-on-brand-new-HP-Spectre-x360-13/td-p/4967127
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, i would like to know if someone has tested a solution to the glare on the screen of the hp spectre 13 inches which is very inconvenient. Perhaps an official solution from HP... ? thanks you very much for your help !  Best regards, Wahouh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Solution-glare-on-screen-spectre-x360-13/td-p/5696345
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,  My screen flashes on and off all of the time once I log in onto my laptop. Please help! Thanks, J-P

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-stop-my-screen-flashing-on-my-Spectre-x360/td-p/5841438
Relevancy 80.41%

My Spectre x360 has been showing this blurry screens for a while now but the problem is getting worse. It happens quite often when switching between different programs or just starting up a program. The picture below was this afternoon while doing some research.  The tabs become unreadable and even the text gets messed up. I updated the laptop and even tried a reset. After the reset I opened up firefox again and the first thing I saw was the same issue. How can this issue be solved? Is it a hardware problem? The laptop is only a few months old and isn't used too often due to another purchase. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-13-4159nd-blurry-screen/td-p/5819006
Relevancy 80.41%

My  HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx touchscreen is badly cracked and had previously been responding to a ghost touch in the upper right hand corner (although that has since stopped). Is it possible to replace the screen with a non-touch screen? 

A:HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx Screen replacemnt

Hi, Firstly, please keep or bookmark the following information which shows all parts for your machine:     http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=L0Q56UA You can find part number for Display is in there an you can also order from there. Now, for other question: unfortunately no other available screen/display information for this machine. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-13-4002dx-Screen-replacemnt/td-p/5760714
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi fellow HP users and forum moderators nbsp I am using a Spectre X purchased in Australia and currently using it in Australia nbsp My problem is that the laptop sometimes does not nbsp wake up from sleep hibernate The screen is pitch black and keyboard lighting button is functional but I tried every single button on the keybpard and pressed the trackpad Nothing happens or responds to this nbsp Is this a software issue HP software or Windows bit issue Maybe a hardware like SSD playing up My SSD is a Samsung GB one nbsp The only way to make my laptop work again is to press the on off sleep button for seconds then it would force to shutdown then I press again to boot it up nbsp This is nbsp getting annoying I am writing a report for university and suddenly after having a short break or so and opening my laptop the screen is black does not want to wake up nbsp Any solution s to this nbsp Thanks in advance

A:Spectre x360 does not wake up Black screen

Hi @HPmac1,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with black screen after sleep mode. I will be glad to help you. Please follow the step from Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-does-not-wake-up-Black-screen/td-p/5583211
Relevancy 80.41%

Since the last Windows update I keep getting artifacts all over the screen mostly in browser windows that disappear when I move over them Mostly it's little black or white blocks but sometimes in system pop-up windows the entire text will be blacked out and there will be black edges around any icons shown I would do a system restore but apparently all my system restore points from before have been Windows screen HP since Artifacts 10 Spectre up... x360 last on erased if anyone has any idea why this happened please let me know I read that the artifacts might have to do with hardware acceleration but turning that off in the browser doesn't do anything they're still there I've tried the Intel driver update utility but that tells me that there is a custom driver installed on this notebook and that I have to contact the manufacturer I've updated the drivers before and I'm pretty sure I never installed a custom driver but whatever The info I got from the Intel program is this Report Date Tuesday August Report Time hh mm ss AMDriver Version Operating System Windows Home Default Language Dutch Belgium Physical Memory MBVendor ID Device ID Device Revision Graphics Output Protocol GOP Version Current Resolution x Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHzProcessor Speed MHzProcessor Graphics in Use Intel R HD Graphics Shader Version OpenGL Version OpenCL Version Microsoft DirectX Runtime Version Hardware-Supported Artifacts on screen HP Spectre x360 since last Windows 10 up... Version Devices connected to the Graphics Accelerator Any ideas It's really annoying and I'm afraid something might actually be broken Artifacts on screen HP Spectre x360 since last Windows 10 up... which would be very disappointing cuz I've had this notebook less than a year and I've had nothing but issues with it

A:Artifacts on screen HP Spectre x360 since last Windows 10 up...

I suggest rolling back the Windows update that happened at the time the issue began. Settings-->Update & Security-->Update History --> check the date on the installed updates and then click on uninstall updates. The next window that opens will give you the option to click on a specific update and uninstall it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Artifacts-on-screen-HP-Spectre-x360-since-last-Windows-10/td-p/5744576
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey, I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible Windows 10 Home 64-bit and i bought it few months ago (8/2016).  Screen problem occured during the past few weeks. The texts get covered by black boxes, but they dissapear once you move the cursour on them and when you change from program to another the screen "flickers" (picture below). I don't knwo the reason. Few weeks ago my computer had a major update. could it be the reason? Thanks!! p.s. I'm not sure if this is connected to the previous but earlier when i turned the compute on boot manager came on with options of "OS boot manager (UEFI)" and "Boot from EFI File".I chose the first one based on what i read about them. Should I be worried? :/

A:HP Spectre x360 Convertible problem in screen

The boxes look like this. I unistalled firefox and reinstalled it, and it didn't help.. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Convertible-problem-in-screen/td-p/5848733
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, I believe my issue is because i have a 4k, or almost 4k, resolution screen and a lot of the content is not developed in 4k? i was wondering if there was a fix to this, or even if i can downscale my resolution so my laptop does not display the content so small that i can not see it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Screen-Resolution-to-small/td-p/5653621
Relevancy 80.41%

My month old HP Spectre x laptopo screen cracked on it's own I've read several other forums where people were having the same issue Opened up my laptop to a cracked edge right above the webcame with a crack going to the right edge of the screen I have kept this laptop with extreme care I have never dropped it put pressure on it and if I travel with it I keep it in the sleeve that it comes with as well as a very padded protected laptop case I've experienced the same as others where they opened up the laptop and saw a crack I contacted HP and was told that I would have to pay for the laptop but they would give me a discount cracks HP Spectre Defective - x360 causes Screen Either way that's of the amount I paid for the laptop They kept saying cracks just don't happen while I did even link them with the other forums HP Spectre x360 Defective Screen - causes cracks Worst customer service in addition to worst quality assurance of their allegedly premium laptops This is my first and very well my last HP product Posting here for a last hope to see if HP will come through and fix my laptop without putting the blame on me nbsp

A:HP Spectre x360 Defective Screen - causes cracks

@ms2016

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Defective-Screen-causes-cracks/td-p/5648070
Relevancy 80.41%

Screen doesn't rotate when help in portrait or when put into tablet mode

A:spectre x360 screen doesn't rotate

Hello,I have the same problem on my rand new HP SPECTRE X360, i think it may be because I updated recently to windows 10, please find us a solution, this is very urgent, the whole 360 thing is useless without rotation ability. actually I got the rotation lock on the quick setting/actions center, but i'm unable to click on it. any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/spectre-x360-screen-doesn-t-rotate/td-p/5167602
Relevancy 80.41%

I have the same issue has a solution been found I have a rather large mark like the edges of a rounded square of around cm high to the left of the centre of the screen where the HP logo starts on the back It looks HP on Spot - Screen x360 Bright Spectre Re: like there is something behind the screen shimmering through I've been having various issues since I've had the laptop one of them being that it is crooked another is that on start-up it'll flash some sort of static lines like a screen graphics malfunction for a second or so before going to Re: HP Spectre x360 - Bright Spot on Screen Windows For a while it also flashed these lines at random while I was working but I suspect that may have been a driver issue On the whole I'm rather happy with the laptop but the different issues are very worrying I don't trust that it will last very long especially because there seem to be issues with the build quality For a laptop this expensive I had expected much better especially since my HP Pavilion dm which was only or so lasted me a solid yeard and never had any build issues whatsoever

A:Re: HP Spectre x360 - Bright Spot on Screen

Hi @ineram, Thank you for your query. When posting it is important to include your precise model of HP notebook and the operating system you are running. to aid the community in assisting you.What is your precise model of Spectre x 360?What operating system are you running? I understand that you have a rather large mark, like the edges of a rounded square, around 5 cm high to the left of the center of the screen, where the HP logo starts on the back of your Spectre x360. It looks as if something is shining through. For troubleshooting purposes, I am assuming you are running Windows.Have you done all your Windows updates?Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?Have you run the HP Support Assistant?Here is a link I hope will help you to overcome this difficulty.HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 10, 8, 7) Please let me know the outcome. Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-HP-Spectre-x360-Bright-Spot-on-Screen/td-p/5670219
Relevancy 80.41%

I am encounteringa problem with the screen of my HP Spectre x nbsp I have a few very small white bright spots on my screen that show up especially badly on all white screens I - Bright Screen x360 on HP Spectre Spot first notice them within the first few weeks of having my new laptop but because of school HP Spectre x360 - Bright Spot on Screen I could ill-afford to send it in or spend any time trying to get any customer service nbsp The laptop is great but these marks are annoying and are unimpressive given the amount paid for a top-end laptop nbsp HP Spectre x360 - Bright Spot on Screen I was told by an HP Technical Support technician that fixing such marks would not be covered by warranty as they would be accidental damage but the hinges on the Spectre are covered by warranty I found this curious as both work together to make the -in- tablet-laptop functionality I've hardly even used the touchscreen and always been very delicate with the laptop Additionally it was suggested that the pressure must have been applied from the back of the laptop which is curious as one of the selling features is that it has a solid aluminum shell and there are no visible marks of any kind on the back nbsp Calling this accidental damage is a pretty terrible way of trying to skirt standing behind your products it is a touchscreen computer the touchscreen should not be damaged from occasional use I have a touchscreen phone that I am constantly pressing and in years have never had a similar mark I got this with my Spectre month in from almost never touching it and if I was it was to get it out of this finicky state where it would randomly zoom in and select things when I had no hands on the laptop screen or keyboard mouse nbsp Anyways I hope there is a solution covered by warranty here as this laptop was very expensive and is failing at one of its core selling features with limited and careful use I oringally was wary of the Spectre for precisely this reason as I was concerned there would be issues with the touchscreen and I strongly considered laptops with similar specs from Apple and Lenovo I hope HP can make this right and keep me as a customer otherwise I'll regret not going with one of the non-touchscreen options of similar specs and I would be inclined not to buy HP again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-Bright-Spot-on-Screen/td-p/5622259
Relevancy 80.41%

My  HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx touchscreen is badly cracked and had previously been responding to a ghost touch in the upper right hand corner (although that has since stopped). Is it possible to replace the screen with a non-touch screen? 

A:HP Spectre x360 - 13-4002dx Screen replacemnt

Hi, Double post. Please use     http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-13-4002dx-Screen-repla... Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-13-4002dx-Screen-replacemnt/td-p/5760713
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello, I'm having the memory managent error in diffrents moments.I update all the drivers incluiding the BIOS.When I make a diagnostic of the memory it said that I have an problem and I need to contact the manufacturer.You could see the differents windows screens shots. Thanks for your help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Spectre-X360-Blue-Screen-Error/td-p/5655586
Relevancy 79.55%

My Spectre is only two weeks old and works excellently as a standard laptop.However I cannot get the screen to rotate when I select Tablet mode or flip it into the entertainment stand.All online research I can find are from people who either were using Win 8.1 and or updated to Win 10.Mine came with Win 10 pre-installed.None of the settings screens they advise to go to exist.I have also checked the registry and its set up correctly.Windows 10 did the anniversary update a couple of days into me starting to use it so I don't know IF the rotation issue was there from the beginning or not.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/New-Spectre-X360-will-not-rotate-screen-in-Tablet-mode/td-p/5835896
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, I am from Iraq. I bought HP spectre X360 from a person studying in USA. The laptop still has 7 month warrenty. yellow tint at screen corner appears. The tint fade out when the laptop in tablet mode, and the tint appears again with normal laptop mode.please, how can I solve the problem. 

A:HP spectre x360 yellow tint at screen corners

Hi, It may or may not be a hardware problem , to confirm  this issue power down the note bookas soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu )chose the option f9(bios) , if the yellow tint is there in this screen too , then it is a hardware problem and you need to send it back to usa for repair if the laptop was purchased in the USA .IF the yellow tint is not there in the bios 1. update the display drivers from www.hp.com if this doesnt work2. run a recovery : steps to run a recovery   power down the note bookas soon as you hit the power button , keep tapping the esc key on the top left corner until a new window opens up(the start up menu )choose the option f11 and choose the option trouble shooting, and run the option called recoveryNote: recovery  will cause all the data to be lost on your computer and makes the computer to go back to day 1 condition , try and back up the data before you run the recovery 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-spectre-x360-yellow-tint-at-screen-corners/td-p/5723714
Relevancy 79.55%

I am looking at buying the HP Spectre x and have a question about the screen nbsp I'd be buying the HD screen model screen diag nbsp I need to know how well the et Spectre viewable sunlight? - al. screen direct HP in x360 screen is visible in direct sunlight nbsp I will be using mine for work which will take me outside and want to make sure the screen is viewable in sunlight nbsp Nobody at HP can answer that question other than to tell me the screen is anti-glare nbsp Can a HP Spectre x360 - screen viewable in direct sunlight? et al. few of you take yours outside for a minute and let me know if they can 'easily' see the screen in direct sunlight may need to raise the brightness on the screen nbsp nbsp I have been using touchscreen tablets for work since so I want to make sure this Spectre HP unit will do what I need it to do nbsp A few other questions nbsp nbsp When the unit is folded into tablet mode does the keyboard turn OFF nbsp This allows only touchscreen and or pen input and prevents accidentally hitting keys from the underside nbsp nbsp nbsp When the pen is used does the touchpad and touch-scree both turn off automatically nbsp This would prevent your hand from confusing the screen when you are tring to only use the pen for input nbsp Thanks Matt

A:HP Spectre x360 - screen viewable in direct sunlight? et al.

Hi Matt, Did you end up getting a Spectre x360? How does the screen work for you? I'm surprised that HP folks told you it's an anti-glare screen, I'm pretty sure it's only available in glossy. At least that's true for the 15.6" model I've been considering. The glossy (glare) screen is the major thing holding me back. I  wish HP would offer a factory-installed anti-glare screen option, like Lenovo does with the ThinkPad X1 Yoga. A factory-installed anti-glare screen is much better than an aftermarket one for folks like me who have never installed a decal without getting air bubbles beneath it.  If you've found an aftermarket screen that works well for you I'd be interested. Thanks,Frank

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-screen-viewable-in-direct-sunlight-et-al/td-p/5116617
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there nbsp Few days ago I bought the nbsp too i Edition x360 Special at screen Spectre bright Spectre x special edition with Spectre x360 Special Edition screen too bright at i Intel Core nbsp i - U Intel HD Graphics nbsp GB nbsp RAM nbsp GB SSD FHD screen nbsp I found that the lowest brightness setting of the laptop to nbsp be too bright blidingly so This is especially apparent when I compared my laptop screen to other spectre x 's at John Lewis and Curry where their lowest brightness level is a lot Spectre x360 Special Edition screen too bright at i lower and the maximum brigtness appear to be the same I can still change the brightness level of the screen but not to any level where you would call it dim nbsp I have already installed all updates including BIOS deleted and reinstalled intel graphics drivers and even reseted windows but nothing has changed nbsp Does anyone else have this problem and have solution to it It seems the high brightness level is heavily affecting nbsp latop's battery life as usually nbsp I can only get to hours from it a lot less than what reviewers and other users reportedly get nbsp nbsp

A:Spectre x360 Special Edition screen too bright at i

Hi @Spextre_x360?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre 13-4108na x360 and issues with the brightness not working correctly. Here is a link to check the Power Plan options in your Notebook. The option must be on Balanced to allow the Brightness levels to change. Then click on the bottom section Change advanced power settings link.Display ? Enable adaptive brightness, and change the settings there. Restart the Notebook. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Special-Edition-screen-too-bright-at-i/td-p/5366415
Relevancy 79.55%

Model HP spectre 13T x360 4100s x64 after on for several hours - screen flicker starts as a grey circle in the middle approx 1/2 inch and immediately dissappears fter mouse mvmt - not debilitating [yet] any one else?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Model-HP-spectre-13T-x360-4100s-x64-screen-flicker/td-p/5825114
Relevancy 79.55%

My nbsp HP SPECTRE X - -AP DX is less then months old and the screen or Digitizer mysteriously cracked just like many others on the board I have no answers for how this happened The ridiculous part of the equation is that the Laptop has never even left my desk time in its short life nbsp I live alone as well so its not like it was touched by X360 Screen SPECTRE ... months Broken - Old - HP 3 15-AP012DX - anyone kids dogs etc I never even close the lid it just sits there HP SPECTRE X360 - 15-AP012DX - Broken Screen - 3 months Old ... I went through the Hp parts surfer and was told HP SPECTRE X360 - 15-AP012DX - Broken Screen - 3 months Old ... I need nbsp Part number nbsp - for The laptop can be purchased new for around that amount current nbsp Out of total frustration I disassembled the digitizer screen and LCD thinking that I could find replacement parts once I could learn the model numbers of the actual parts but I cannot find anyone that has anything for this machine I have contacted of the larger repair shops Ebay Amazon as well as searched every combination of model number possible no luck nbsp Now I have a laptop thats disassembled and merely worthless Im highly agitated with this entire process nbsp This was my first Hp product and it will be my last I read so many threads and I the general consensus is that HP doesnt care about the end user Its always deflection deflection deflection I have owned or laptops since and never had a cracked screen nbsp This is a sub par laptop that was not designed properly end of story nbsp nbsp Does anyone know how to get parts for this machine Has anyone found a supplier nbsp nbsp Signed - Annoyed

A:HP SPECTRE X360 - 15-AP012DX - Broken Screen - 3 months Old ...

This is the digitizer and glass on eBay for $136: http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-6-Front-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Glass-F-HP-Envy-X360-15t-M6-W-TOP15I05-V1-...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-SPECTRE-X360-15-AP012DX-Broken-Screen-3-months-Old-1799/td-p/5761749
Relevancy 79.55%

I purchased Spectre x convertible laptop at the start of August nbsp I had the computer for weeks and the touchscreen and pen Touch Spectre working stopped screen x360: functions stopped working nbsp I called HP and they had me send the computer to a repair center nbsp Below is the paste of nbsp my original posts under a different thread name that was probably too specific Spectre x360: Touch screen stopped working due to the model number nbsp Wanted my experience to be viewable by others having difficulty with Spectre laptops Spectre x360: Touch screen stopped working nbsp Original Spectre x360: Touch screen stopped working Thread nbsp https h www hp com t Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch Spectre-x - - ms-touchscreen-st nbsp nbsp - - AM nbsp Bought this computer at the first week of August nbsp Set it up and used it for weeks nbsp Enjoyed the flexibility of the convertible funtion and regularly used the touch and active stylus features nbsp nbsp Then the touch screen and stylus functions stopped working After multiple attempts to reactivate the features i e restart new pen battery software updates I contacted HP support nbsp My assumption was that the hardware was bad the screen had failed in some way because the software didn't even recongize the touch ability any more nbsp HP support ran me through the standard solutions so again restart etc nbsp Then they wanted to reset Windows revert back to the shipped version of the software erasing all my files apps and software that I had migrated from my old computer nbsp That computer had been recycled at this point nbsp So I would be left to start over nbsp My feel was that it was a hardware issue so why go through the pain of having to reset up the machine nbsp After some coaxing by the rep I relented and reset windows nbsp No help nbsp The software still could not recognize touch or pen functionality nbsp nbsp Next step was to send the machine in for repair nbsp They told me it would take days nbsp That seemed like a long time to go without a computer nbsp I asked for a replacement machine nbsp The computer was only weeks old nbsp They refused nbsp And no compensation was offered for my lost time nbsp Now weeks later I still do not have my computer back and have recieved no info directly from HP nbsp I called in days ago nbsp and after being hung up on and redialing the number times I finally got through to a live person nbsp She stated there was a backlog in parts needed to repair that it would take another week nbsp Again I asked how I would be compensated for the fact that I paid full price for a working computer and was now going without one nbsp They gave me a number to call once the computer had been returned nbsp Now days later the HP Customer Support website still says that the computer will be shipped back to me on the th of September no updates have been given to me via email or phone and no computer has been sent to my home nbsp I called the number they gave me during my call days earlier I was guaranteed it was a direct line to customer service It was a different number that went into the same automated call directory that hangs up on customers that have sent their machines in for repair nbsp I hit zero until someone picked up at least zeros nbsp They are now telling me that parts won't be in for my computer until October th nbsp That would be two months without a computer nbsp How is that customer service nbsp I asked them to just send me a brand new computer nbsp They said they couldn't I did the usual and asked for a supervisor nbsp I'm on hold now nbsp If this was an apple product it would have been replaced on the spot nbsp nbsp I really liked the computer while it was working but am wondering why HP doesnt stand behind its own products and refuses to treat its existing customers with respect nbsp - - AMThird Update The HP Support Rep contacted me to let me know my case would be closed and the shipment date of the computer back to me is still expected to occur o... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Touch-screen-stopped-working/td-p/5834056
Relevancy 79.55%

My laptop decided today to stop recognizing the built in display, I've tried everything from a hard reboot to updating my bios and checking the driver for my on board graphics card. The touchscreen functionality is still operational and it can display through the hdmi (I'm using it right now) but it will not recognize that there is any display option other than the tv.

A:Hp spectre x360 Wont recognize built in screen.

Also I tried troubleshooting through the HP support assistant thing and my graphics properties, neither came back with any identified problems.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-spectre-x360-Wont-recognize-built-in-screen/td-p/5738048
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, I've looked up how to get a stylus/pen to work now on the horrendous touch screen software for the newer x360s. I belive this is by installing a new HP FHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware Update firmware from your laptop's specific model. (Although I may be a few steps behind) The problem is that there is no touchscreen firmware update for my 4193nr model.  My questions are: can I use download another 13 inch model's touchscreen firmware to make it work? Or will it be incompatible? But more importantly, CAN HP PLEASE RELEASE A TOUCHSCREEN FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE 4193NR AND ALL OTHER SPECTRE MODELS? Lastly, if you guys have any tips circumventing this and making the stylus to work without the firmware, I would be extremely grateful for any of your help. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/4193nr-Spectre-X360-Pen-Stylus-not-working-on-screen/td-p/5744159
Relevancy 79.55%

My Spectre X was put in hibernate Spectre boots screen blue to locked X360 a and up mode and when I tried to restart it went to a blue screen showing---- ---- nbsp Recovery Your PC Device needs to be repaired A required decice isn't connected Error code xc f nbsp nbsp You will need recovery tools nbsp Enter to try againPress F for Startup optionsESC for UEMI Firmware options nbsp ----- ---- nbsp No matter what i do I keep getting the same screen nbsp Spectre X360 locked up and boots to a blue screen nbsp i tried hard reset by pressing the power button for over a minute nbsp Not sure if it got reset at all nbsp The screen stays for about seconds and the laptop shuts down nbsp if i press ESC it goes to UEMI options nbsp I am not sure what I am supposed to do from there nbsp The System Test Quick test shows Hard Drive SMART Check Not available and Short DST check not available nbsp nbsp nbsp I have had hard drive problems before but by restarting the laptop they always went away nbsp if only I could restart the laptop somehow shutdown there is hope that the laptop will boot nbsp can somebody please help nbsp Thanks in advance

A:Spectre X360 locked up and boots to a blue screen

Hi, We need to check few things to isolate the issue. 1)  Turn the computer off. unplug the charger.  You will find a volume button on the keyboard, or on the panel of the laptop.  Press the -(volume minus button) and the power cord for 15 seconds.        Now plug in the charger and turn the computer on. Check if you get the same blue screen with the error . 2)  If the issue persists,  turn the computer off.  As you turn the computer on, immediately keep tapping on F2 key (tap-tap-tap)  .. you will get HP Diagnostic screen .. Choose the Component test and in that choose hard drive,  and then choose quick test.    if it fails, then it is a hardware issue, we need to repair the computer .. You may call HP Support @ 1-800-474-6836If it passes, 3) turn the computer off. This time keep tapping F11 the moment you press the power button.. You will find a blue screen with options like Continue, Troubleshoot, Advanced  ...etc.  Choose Troubleshoot and in the next screen, choose help/system recovery and then follow the on screen instruction of clicking on next .. this  will reinstall the OS in your computer. Please remember, that reinstallation will remove everything that is there in the computer and will create new partition and recovery manager. So, at the end of recovery it will be like a brand new computer.  Let me know the result of these troubleshooting steps.  Thank you for choosing HP ,  Regards,  Ashok

Ashok ... HP..always working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Spectre-X360-locked-up-and-boots-to-a-blue-screen/td-p/5787109
Relevancy 79.55%

My Spectre is only two weeks old and works excellently as a standard laptop.However I cannot get the screen to rotate when I select Tablet mode or flip it into the entertainment stand.All online research I can find are from people who either were using Win 8.1 and or updated to Win 10.Mine came with Win 10 pre-installed.None of the settings screens they advise to go to exist.I have also checked the registry and its set up correctly.Windows 10 did the anniversary update a couple of days into me starting to use it so I don't know IF the rotation issue was there from the beginning or not.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/New-Spectre-X360-will-not-rotate-screen-in-Tablet-mode/td-p/5835892
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, my partner has stepped on her laptop screen, the laptop as stated in the post title. The screen is pretty badly cracked. We live and bought the computer in NSW, Australia.  How much will this cost to repair in AUD? Do we send it to HP to repair or do we contact a sub-contractor or third party?How long will it take to repair if we send it away to HP?    Kind Regards,Leigh

A:Damaged Spectre x360 13-400STU screen, repair cost?

Hello ! Please call the HP technical support and they will be able to give you a quote in regards to the repair and the trun around time, Please find the contact number below, Warranty/Technical Support   13 10 47 Or Log on to Customer Support Web site ............. www.hp.com/country/au/eng Regards,Venkat

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Damaged-Spectre-x360-13-400STU-screen-repair-cost/td-p/5307036
Relevancy 78.69%

Screen of the HP Spectre x360 4105dx has so much glare and it turns grayish even on a slight tilt. This actually hampers my reading appetite. Other laptops even cheaper ones doesn't have this irritating screen. Can you guys suggest me the solution ? Will Anti-glare screen or Anti-Reflective screen will be decent remedy or shall I return it to bestbuy ? Thanks !!

A:HP Spectre x360 screen lot of glare. On tilt it turns gray a...

Hello @Jagpreet1058?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the display, and wanted to assist you! Have you tried uninstalling the Graphics Driver, and allowing the system to search for a compatible driver?  Let me know how it goes,  Also, based on the following guide, here are all the supported display assembly replacements, for your product:HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (model numbers 13-4000 through 4099 and 13-4100 through 4199) and HP ... (Chapter 5, Page 46). Display assembly: 13.3-in, ultra wide aspect ratio, TouchScreen (includes display panel cable, microphones, hinges, webcam, and wireless antenna cables and transceivers) 13.3-in, QHD, WLED, BrightView (25601440) UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor 13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (19201080) UWVA, 2.55-mm in ash silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 5500U or Intel Core i-5 5200U processor 13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (25601440) UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor 13.3-in, FHD, WLED, BrightView (19201080) UWVA, 2.55-mm in natural silver finish for use only on computers with model numbers 13-4100 through 13-4199 and equipped with an Intel Core i-7 6550U, Intel Core i-7 6500U, or Intel Core i-5 6200U processor Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-screen-lot-of-glare-On-tilt-it-turns-gray/td-p/5430610
Relevancy 78.69%

Doing: entering text in a LibreOffice document, running Firefox, and LilyPond software.Recreate: Have not tried to recreate, seems to be random (it's happened once before).Error messages: none, black screen, after a few seconds loud alarm.No recent software/driver changes.Internet connection: DSL.Computer purchased on June 8, 2016. This is the second time this occurred. The first time, after a few seconds of the black screen, the computer rebooted and seemed to function normally. I went to troubleshooting but did not find any further information about what happened. I have been experiencing regular display drive issues - the screen goes black and then returns with the display driver message (twice).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Spectre-x360-convertible-black-screen-loud-alarm/td-p/5825079
Relevancy 78.69%

I just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my laptop and there is now a blank (white or black, the color changes) line going across what appears to be the exact middle of the screen.  The line is not solid and actually changes the parts that are working (correct color) and not working (wrong color, white or black).  It looks like the line is only one pixel high but it goes acorss the whole screen.  I need to be running the annivaersay update so I have not tried reverting back yet.  I will update this thread when I have a chance to give that a try.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Any other ideas to try and fix it?  Is this a good excuse to update to the Razer Blade Stealth? Thanks! Shawn

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Line-in-Middle-of-Screen-After-Windows-10/td-p/5755999
Relevancy 78.69%

I am Brazilian and acquired in the United States through a friend an HP Spectre x Convertible Notebooh - Win - i - u - GB RAM - ssd nbsp He has shown consistently a screen Spectre BSOD 13-4105dx blue HP MEMORY_MANAGEMENT... x360 blue screen error of death BSOD Blue Screen Of Death with the error MEMORY MANAGEMENT nbsp However other messages such as PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Wdf sys or IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or HP Spectre x360 13-4105dx blue screen BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT... KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE are also presented at other times nbsp It happens that after much searching on the internet forums I saw many people complaining that the Driver Video was the cause of HP Spectre x360 13-4105dx blue screen BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT... the problem nbsp As I read on the forums follow the guidance and updated the BIOS to latest version F then updated the Intel driver R HD Graphics to latest version available on the HP website of nbsp The errors continued I was giving up when I noticed something new to be investigated After a long observation I realized that when the notebook is powered energy it does not crash and does not give the problems he was giving when is the battery nbsp When removing the power source after a short time about to minutes the errors began to appear and then the question arose nbsp - It would be the setting in the notebook battery power parameters that would be causing the error like optimization configuration performance etc or is it really problem in power supply from the battery that was causing the error - Because the battery life estimate gauge on Win has no estimate of consumption keeping the status always calculating This last fact strengthens the thesis that the problem is the battery nbsp Before you ask I used the HP Suport Assistent to the battery test and it informs that the battery is standard which goes against my thesis that is power supply or configuration problem in a device driver probably Intel driver R HD Graphics I've done tests of memory and the SSD and all gave normal nbsp I decided to disable the Battery Driver in dispostivos manager His name in dispostivos Manager is Control Method Battery Compatible with Microsoft ACPI To my surprise Guess the notebook has not caught I'm still testing but it does seem that it was conflict battery driver The machine has not crashed but the bad disable the driver is that we lose track of how long we have autonomy but rather sacrifice the autonomy of the Driver Video was palliative he was using to be able to work with battery use Go figure Well now is to see whether HP will solve this incompatibility problem because I have found the potential conflict and is now waiting for the solution Let's see what will give any new notice here

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-13-4105dx-blue-screen-BSOD-MEMORY-MANAGEMENT/td-p/5667931
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, I've had my Spectre x360 for two months now and noticed this just recently. The reason I noticed was that it was the first time I had a completely white screen, and the defect became very apparent. Spot stays stationary on screen and is most apparent with white or grey backgrounds, and is not very noticeable on blacks. The machine has been handled very delicately and not transported so it's certainly not damage. Will HP replace the unit for me? This is the second Spectre X360 I've had, first had WiFi and track pad problems and I am beginning to get quite frustrated.

A:Bright spot the size of cursor on Spectre X360 screen

[email protected], Thank you for your inquiry.  I grasp that you are noticing a spot on the display that stays stationary. It is more noticeable on a grey or white background than on a black one. I am happy to assist you with that difficulty, Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7). Please let me know the results. Good Luck! If a post solves your difficulty, please choose "Accepted Solution" to help other posters find that information.To show appreciation for my assistance, please click the "Thumbs Up Ion" below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bright-spot-the-size-of-cursor-on-Spectre-X360-screen/td-p/5514321
Relevancy 72.67%

What's the difference between the HP Spectre x360 and the HP Envy x360? They both look the same.The only noticeable difference is that HP Spectre x360 has a Radiance Infinity display, while HP Envy x360 has an IPS display. Having the same specs, except for the display, why is the Spectre x360 more expensive than the Envy x360 ? Moreover, I thought that IPS is better than TN, which is my guess that is the technology used for the Radiance Infinity.

A:HP Spectre x360 vs HP Envy x360

Hi, You've got few questions about those products. Well, come to a store and yoy can see the differences. Better still, you can buty 2 machines and compare.  For build quality, the HP Spectre x360 is much better than the Envy x360 you can also find Pavilion x360 - we are talking about SPECS and BUILD here about plastics and metals about wood and gold. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-vs-HP-Envy-x360/td-p/5146146
Relevancy 67.08%

New owner of HP Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx here. I want to ask if the bottom of the laptop, the area above the fan openings where the FCC info/text lies, is supposed to creak when I press it slightly. I first heard this noise when I took my laptop out of the sleeve and held that area. At first I thought it was just rubbing against the sleeve, but after further examination, that is not the case. If this occurs with other models of the Spectre, it is a bad build quality, I am not sure which component is under there, but I want to know if the creaking noise is normal with only a slight press along the text area. Thanks.

A:HP Spectre x360

I have the same problem but in the front, in the back of the touchpad... really annoying. looks like the lid doesn't have nothing to lay on and the aluminium is very thin. poor quality for such expensive machine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360/td-p/4962570
Relevancy 67.08%

My Spectre X360 is getting hot....I would like someone to address this issue and respond to me directly.  Love the machine worried about the heat.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-X360-Getting-hot/td-p/5848989
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,Two weeks ago I bought an HP Spectrex360. Two days after buying it while using the keyboard, not the touchscreen, it began to touch the touchscreen by it selft only on a part of the screen followed continuously.This happend alot while i was using the laptop so I went to the place of purchase and I changed it with for one of the same model. But this new one  also it has the same fault, any recomendations of what should i do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-spectre-x360/td-p/5796677
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello nbsp Last winter nbsp purchased a convertible nbsp lenovo laptop The first one had faulty hinges I had it replaced on the same day I brought it in and the second one had faulty hinges and a faulty touchpad So I decided to ditch the cheaper computers and splurged on a HP spectre x from Best Buy I live kilometres away from large retail stores like this so getting back and forth is quite difficult Staples was very understanding about the Lenovo laptops however Best Buy told me there was nothing nbsp I could do when I described the problems I was having with my brand new HP Several months went x360 Spectre - Given Up HP I've by and I avoided using the computer as much as HP Spectre x360 - I've Given Up possible in order to avoid facing the mistake I made in purchasing it Eventually my old computer became completely obsolete and I had no choice but use this HP nbsp nbsp My problems were not limited in any way They ranged from an extremely annoying touchpad nbsp that sounded loose and made strange noises the fact that the screen was closing on an odd angle and the fact the the screen could barely stay open A slight touch or even shifting the laptop would cause the screen to move I could forgive these flaws if I had abused this computer or if it had received nbsp heavy usage however I barely even turned the thing on I contacted HP support and I must admit that they were polite friendly nbsp and had my return materials sent very quickly nbsp nbsp My first bad sign involving the shipping process was the fact that there were materials missing from the box they sent which I then had to find a way around myself My second issue is that they forced me to use UPS to ship it from a rural area with no local UPS dealer Then when it got back after well over a week my problems continued My touchpad nbsp has improved however it is still frustrating nbsp to use Even though I described my issues with the screen they did not appear to have even looked at it nbsp nbsp I am at the point now where I cannot go without a computer as school starts again in only a couple weeks and I need a computer I am extremely disappointed nbsp in the build quality of this premium product and I fear it may have turned me off from buying HP computers again nbsp nbsp For the same money I could have bought a variety of other computers with reputations of being much more helpful when it comes to these sorts of issues I really wanted to like this computer however I just can't bring myself to do it If a HP service rep reads this post don't waste your time in responding I have no choice but keep and use this product - no matter how much it's manufacturing flaws or the company behind it annoys me nbsp nbsp Kind Regards nbsp nbsp -N nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-I-ve-Given-Up/td-p/5736065
Relevancy 67.08%

Hej! I have a question regarding the  new 2016  HP Spectre X360 (http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-spectre-x360---13-w053nr-x7v21ua-aba). Is it possible to order it to Sweden or are there any local retailers I could directly contact? Thank you so much in advance,Marina

A:New HP Spectre X360

Dear Customer, Please go to this website:http://store.hp.com/SwedenStore/Please contact- 08-593 664 18 This link is for UNITED STATES ONLY (http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-spectre-x360---13-w053nr-x7v21ua-aba).  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/New-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5837267
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, my spectre x360 just out of warranty and will no longer charge the battery! Charger checked and working. When plugged into laptop, symbol appears to show connection but then states not charging. Battery nearly flat now but diagnostics state batter condition ok. Would appreciate any ideas to resolve please but I am not considered computer literate just general working knowledge!

A:Spectre x360

Hi @ Roy1955, Thanks for being a part of the HP community. It is a great place to get your questions answered by experts .I saw your post regarding the problems with the battery. This could be a possible hardware issue with the battery. Kudos to you for performing the battery tests. Brilliant work was done. It may be a possible battery issue. However, I would require more information regarding this to isolate the issue correctly? How did you run diagnostics? Was it from The F2 UEFI diagnostics page or from HP support assistant?In the meantime, Please perform a hard reset first.Steps to do it:Power down the computer and unplug the charger.Hold down the power button and mute button simultaneously for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.Then visit this link to troubleshoot battery related issues: http://hp.care/2cqnxWZPlease perform these steps listed in the link mentioned above.Testing and Calibrating the Battery. (Windows 10)Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.Hope this helps. Please let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks for my efforts, please click the "Thumbs Up" button. Please remember to mark "Accept as Solution" if this helps. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360/td-p/5760463
Relevancy 66.22%

I am turning to you all, as I have been unable to get an answer from HP sales, HP tech and HP engineers refuse to give me an answer. Before possibly purchasing said laptop, I simply want to know how many nits brightness and what is the contrast ratio for the latest spec x360 15-ap007na 4k laptop. If no one out there knows, then maybe someone who i should get in touch with......thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-spectre-x360-15-ap007na-4k/td-p/5800980
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently acquired an HP x360 Spectre 15t (about 5 days ago).  During charging I noticed that the charger plug is quite warm/hot.  Using a laser temp gun, I measured the hottest point of the plug to be 152F.  The average temp reading seems to run around 128F (scanning different points on plug). Is this normal for thie plug to be running at this temperature while charging? Thanks, WW

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Too-Hot-HP-Spectre-x360-Charger/td-p/5811407
Relevancy 66.22%

I have purchased my Spectre x back in nbsp and i have been using it for less than a year So far the laptop experience have been rather satisfying Apart from experiencing minor glitches initially the updates helped and the laptop worked just fine and smoothly Though the speakers stil have rattling sound when played loudly nbsp nbsp Until recently couple weeks back x360: Spectre RIP Haywire, HP the laptop went haywire as i was doing my assignments Without any signs to indicate any mechanical problems the whole system just shut down i couldn't switch it on nor could HP Spectre x360: Haywire, RIP i even charge it nbsp So i have called up the service centre and since it is still nbsp under warranty they have replaced the motherboard On the bright side I did not lose any datas or files However I have discovered my case wasn't the first to happen as there was one earlier case which was much severe The laptop's motherboard literally burnt The bottom part was HP Spectre x360: Haywire, RIP all black and all nbsp data was lost nbsp nbsp nbsp The following image was the default in my product that has occured recently nbsp nbsp nbsp Hope to receive advise and any precautionary steps to avoid this mishap Thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Spectre-x360-Haywire-RIP/td-p/5808631
Relevancy 66.22%

Anybody knows if it's possible replace the laptop's SSD with another M.2 but pcie? I have read in some forum on internet that's possible but i'm not sure because i bought a Samsung SM951 e i tried to mount but the notebook does not see it!!!!The laptop's M.2 connector is it compatible with pcie? Can i replace my SSD with one pcie?I updated BIOS to  rev F.25 but nothing. Is there some BIOS configuration to do so that the notebook can see the pcie SSDs? Thanks for replies and sorry for my bad english Santo

A:Hp spectre x360 SSD replacement

Can you identify where you tried to put the mSSD by reference to the Manual here: Manual See p. 28. It uses M.2 SATA drives and if the drive you installed is a PCIe type it will not be recognized. AHCI type drives only as far as I can see. I know only the very most recent desktop motherboards will boot from a pcie M.2 mSSD. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-spectre-x360-SSD-replacement/td-p/5264755
Relevancy 66.22%

I bought hp laptop spectre x360 with a global warranty from usa but it stopped working and is not getting on after a lot off try and even the people here in india are saying that they can't do anything with this laptop as dont have support for this. This is really bad of hp that the product with global warranty don't have support on there sevice stations.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-not-starting-up/td-p/5782405
Relevancy 66.22%

Greetings, I just bought the HP spectre x360 with the i7 processor, and I've tried over 100 times to register a right click on the trackpad and it has failed to do every single time. I have read several articles complaning about the width being the problem to the right click, but mine has failed to register. period. I went into the control panel to try to disable it then enable once again in hopes to it working, but nothing has changed. I have only been able to register a "right click" by holding down on the touchscreen which is fairly inconvienent. I would like to see this problem fixed because I do enjoy everything else about this laptop, but that is a major flaw for me. Thank you.

A:spectre X360 trackpad

Hello, When did the issue start for you with the right click funtionality problem?

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/spectre-X360-trackpad/td-p/4977622
Relevancy 66.22%

Not sure exactly where to put this but here goes. Recently registered for a HP Student account to get a student discount on a new laptop. When on the student store home page there's a section for new student deals/offers which lists the HP Spectre 13-4108na x360 (i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) as being 799 with 100 off. Problem is when I click to view the offer in the store or to shop for the offer I can't find it anywhere in the presented list of laptops, it just doesn't make sense to me that the product is listed and advertised as being on offer if I can't actually purchase it ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-13-4108na-x360/td-p/5764451
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone,so suddenly and for reason my laptop (HP Spectre X360) stopped workin  and it shows no sign of life anymore, the only led works now is the charging led, when I plug in my charger it lits in white that's it!! no other lights or any feedback from the pc!! it's less than 6 months old now and never had any issues with it before! I went to bestbuy and they said it might be the motherboard that needs to be replaced, so idk if anyone of you had the issue before? and if the motherboard has been replaced would I lose all my data? and do they even need to access my data to replace the motherboard??thanks,,,

A:Hp Spectre X360 13.3 does not start

Hi @Murtadha05,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer not booting. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Does the computer make any sounds eg coling fan?Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Spectre-X360-13-3-does-not-start/td-p/5604015
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I was just wondering if its possible to upgrade the ssd of this ultrabook? I looked online for some asnwers but couldn't find one, so I decided to just ask here.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:SSD upgrade for spectre x360

Yeah but it is not easy and will jeopardize the warranty. See pages 32-33 of this Manual, which is the closest thing out there for your Model: Service Manual

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-upgrade-for-spectre-x360/td-p/4949235
Relevancy 66.22%

I received my Spectre some two weeks ago and I started only to gave name and password, change keyboard to UK and then left to charge the battery. Now I try to use it, and I forgot the the password and the hint leads to nothing, what can I do?  Hard reset does not works.... Thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Spectre-x360-password/td-p/5833592
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I bought a new HP spectre x For my job I need to run simulation trought OpenFOAM so it's easyer for me to use Linux nbsp Nearly everything work out of the box except one things sound nbsp I post a bug on launchpad here the link HP linux on x360 spectre Bug Hp spectre x nbsp It as nearly everything you need to debug the phenomena I know that you don't officially suport linux on that computer but it would be fun to be at least linux compatible nbsp Thing I know There was a bug that really look HP spectre x360 on linux like this one on the Dell XPS The bug was in the bios wich was setting the sound card to alternative mode that was not working I think is the same here I need to find a way to tell the bios to load everything like if it is windows Yeah I just ask no special treatement nbsp nbsp Thank you I will give all support you need I really wish to correct this bug nbsp PS HP if you correct this bug you will sell three more of those computer they all want one in the lab nbsp Follow up It's seem that we are now hable to use the lagacy mode from the sound card It's good but not perfect The fix for the i c will come soon the latest kernel code ask about a mysterious drivers file that doesn't exist right now in the linux firmware directories So this case is close because the issue as been addressed Follow the launchpad bug for furter improvement nbsp nbsp SOLUTION MAY NOT BE THE SAME FOR YOUR DISTRIBUTION nbsp From Spano nbsp If you use gummiboot you should have something like that nbsp options acpi osi Windows acpi osi Windows acpi backlight vendor root dev sda rw nbsp The selected solution under this post is for Debian based distribution I will put the solution for other distribution on this post if they are on the forum You don't find it Adjust the solution to fit your distribution and post-it you will make people happy nbsp Solved View Solution

A:HP spectre x360 on linux

I SOLVED IT! After hours of pain, i can now use the built in soundcard with headphones, as well as the internal speakers. HOW TO: Edit grub config by doing:'sudo vim /etc/default/grub' Edit the line:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash'" To:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi='!Windows 2013' acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'" Then run:'sudo update-grub' Reboot TWO times. BOOM! Sound works in headphones. The sound card is now in HDA mode (not I2S). To confirm, run:'aplay -l' and make sure you have the following in the output: 'card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3242 Analog [ALC3242 Analog]  Subdevices: 0/1  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0'I'm running kernel Linux spectre 3.19.0-21-generic #21-Ubixuntu SMP on Ubuntu x64. BR,Ingmar  EDIT: Even the speakers are working, they were just muted in Alsamixer. Hallelulja!EDIT2: Added the 'acpi_backlight=vendor' parameter to the options line, based on @spano 's input. Thanks!EDIT3: Fix as pointed out by venividivici24

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-spectre-x360-on-linux/td-p/4980797
Relevancy 66.22%

I cannot create a new folder on the desktop. Right click of the mouse pad does nothing. Shift Control N does nothing. This is ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.

A:HP Spectre X360 with Windows 10

Does right click work at all? Try right click on Start button and see if it produces a menu. Some people has experienced problems with their touch pad, try using a mouse and see if right click works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-spectre-x360-with-windows-10.1160901/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Spectre x360 with windows 10. It freezes several times a day, especially after I put in on sleep, what can I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-X360-Freezing/td-p/5854579
Relevancy 66.22%

Unfortunately our machine is 1 year + 1 month old and they won't give us a break on the repair. They estimate that it would be $300. I agree with many folks on this topic that this is a design issue and they need to do a recall instead of having their customers pay to replace the faulty parts.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-My-hp-spectre-x360-won-t-turn-on-at-all/td-p/5657463
Relevancy 66.22%

Twice today, my laptop set idle and all of a sudden it started to open windows like someone was hacking the computer.  I turned off the wi-fi and it showed windows with scripts opening mainly on the left bottom corner of the screen.  I bought this laptop 4 days ago and I've not loaded much on it.  Has anyone had this problem?  When I turn it to tablet mode it stops.  I have videos of it if needed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Spectre-x360-seems-to-be-acting-on-its-own/td-p/5681497
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the i5 version, and I experience the same heat issues as you guys described. Also, the area right above the F1-F5 keys gets really really hot after running anything even mildly graphics intense. Even simple 2d flash games will cause the fan to throttle up and that area will become extremely hot. It has been like this since the beginning. Other than the heat issue, I honestly have no qualms with this ultrabook.

A:Re: Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @odontomon, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre X360 Notebook and issues with overheating and possible fan issues. Here is a link on what could cause overheating and how to reducing heat inside the Notebook. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the fans default settings. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Re-Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5116759