Windows Support Forum

Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

Q: Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

Hi guys,

To start off, im not an IT expert & thats why im here

I've got this problem since I came back from studying abroad for 2 months (PC is not turned on at all)

To make it easy for you guys to read I'm gonna make it brief:

Issue:

- sudden power turn off problem[*POOF*] .
- After few attempts of power on and off, PC starts to give 1 long beep and 1 short beep (indicates possible MoBo Error) also monitor has no signal

I don't have any extra PSU or MoBo to test which hard drive is giving me this kind of problem,

So please guys, any kind of help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

Go elsewhere on this TechSpot site, to find the excellent and nearly complete Beep Code list from member Tipstir. It can be very helpful.

You could have any one of a number of issues, but you didn't tell us the brand, model, age, and configuration...
It could be hard drive failure, video graphics card, cpu clamp has broken or come loose, memory module failure, power supply damaged or blown on one channel, one of the PCI card slots can cause this, even it not used... such as a eefective modem, cable or socket has failed due to heat shrinkage or poor construction.
You will likely get a lot of suggestions and guesses if you tell us more about your system.
Also tell us if you have the restore disks for windows, and the drivers to do a new install if necessary... as well as whether you have your important files backed up.
Good luck in dealing with all the ideas you are sent by TechSpot members

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-the-faulty-hardware.149902/
Relevancy 74.82%

hey guys i recently upgraded cpu from i to x and noticed in system settings would say GB GB usable after lots of testing figured nothing wrong with ram itself for sure if i have stick only in computer in slots or computer is part figuring help system need out in what faulty boots but in slot need help figuring out what part is faulty in system doesnt boot and if i have all sticks ill get that GB GB usable in need help figuring out what part is faulty in system system settings also had three more sticks of gb ram with diff timings i tried installing with the gb sticks and in system settings read GB GB usable Was almost sure it was motherboard but i read on a thread this issue might have to do with improper seating of cpu and reseating need help figuring out what part is faulty in system it could help so then i tried replacing the x with older and with no ram issues all ram shows in system settings and just one stick in slots all boot Swapped the cpu s back and forth like times every time i put in the x i would get the ram issues So the x is bad should i send it back for replacement could it be mobo thnks gigabyte ga-x -ud x ocz gold tripple channel ddr - - - ram win corsair w power supply nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I'm CrazyKilla

America is a giant place and full of technology and I'm guessing that no one has problems finding their hardware, but here in the tiny UK I don't know who I can trust, I have bought almost all of my hardware from Amazon.co.uk, but this site isn't made for selling hardware and I am worried i might receive a faulty product or something, are there certain sellers that ALWAYS supply a good part, or are there other websites where i can buy a wide range of hardware? Many sites are not very trustworthy and some are just expensive, and others just don't have the parts in stock or for sale. Could someone recommend a place where i could buy hardware at a good price and get parts that will not be faulty/broken in any way?

A:Where can I buy hardware in the UK and not get faulty parts?

What shows up if you type "Computer Parts" in a Google search ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292250-where-can-i-buy-hardware-uk-not-get-faulty-parts.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have built a new system with vista I have not over-clocked anything BIOS is set to use defaults One of the faulty I Solved: Do have hardware? games I like to play Lord of the Rings Online causes the pc to crash not always a bluescreen while other non gaming tasks and even playing another game Guild Wars for even like hours the pc runs fine Here is what I have done so far Over hours might have been as much as hours running latest version of memtest testing the RAM with the set of default tests No errors resulted and Solved: Do I have faulty hardware? the pc remained running and I m sure if I left it continue to test would have ran for days without issue I proceeded restart the pc and load windows normally so that I could test the cpu next I installed prime and email protected to insure that the cpu was pegged at usage I ran the small FFTs maximum FPU stress data fits in L RAM not tested much test It ran for hours fine without error or crashing the pc As with the other I probably could have let it continue for days without error I then decided to try the next test in place large FFTs maximum heat and power consumption some RAM tested This test the PC crashes after about Solved: Do I have faulty hardware? to hours not sure if both times was bluescreen or not Which is about the maximum duration before the pc crashes trying to play LotRO Not sure if its just coincidence or not At this point I thought it best to try and figure out why this is happening before trying anything else with testing and trying to play the game I want to make sure that I don t have faulty HW rather than some bizarre software issue that has to be figured out nbsp

A:Solved: Do I have faulty hardware?

Update:

This appears to have been nothing more than one of the pesky driver issues. With Vista SP1 I don't appear to have any problems any more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-do-i-have-faulty-hardware.680142/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have recently built a new computer and it has been working fine for a couple days until one day while trying to boot up i got a BSOD. upon further investigation i found that i could not boot into safe mode, into system recovery, or from my windows dvd, they all resulted in a BSOD. I have been getting 3 different types of BSOD "bad pool header" "Irql not less or equal" and "page fault in nonpaged area."

All of these seemed to point to faulty ram, so i ordered new RAM. Turns out thats not the issue. So what else could be causing these errors and how would i find out?

A:Faulty hardware cannot boot

Mate nice machine specs - but did the machine come with the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264686-faulty-hardware-cannot-boot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello if Checking is faulty hardware I m Checking if hardware is faulty new to Techspot I was Checking if hardware is faulty recently involved in a rear end car crash Sadly my computer was in the trunk and the whole backend of the car was pretty smashed in my computer ended up traveling from the trunk of the car to halfway on top of the back seat The computer looks to be mostly in tact the only things that have been affected is the ram fan that was shaken loose and the cd rom which completely does not work The case is completely intact no dents or scratches I have noticed however that my computer has alot more trouble processing regular tasks like opening my computer downloading and installing files from the internet and opening warcraft bluescreens when I play for more then min System specs OS Windows XP professional SP Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mainboard EVGA -CK-NF -A LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Video Card PNY XLR VCG GTXXPB GeForce GTX G MB -bit GDDR Ram CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB I was wondering if there was anyway I could possibly check if all the hardware is still intact thank you for your time nbsp

A:Checking if hardware is faulty

Wouldn't hurt to reseat your RAM and vid card, and any other plug in cards. The heatsink may have came loose on your CPU or graphics card causing them to get hotter than normal, which may be a cause for a blue screen. I've never reseated a graphics card heatsink, but its probably less of a pita than a CPU one. Just remember if you reseat you are going to need to clean off the existing paste and reapply before seating it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-if-hardware-is-faulty.133632/
Relevancy 58.05%

so I've been having various crashing issues pointing to a random assortment of system drivers and dll files things that according to various tech forums and sites point to either a specific bum driver or more likely faulty hardware After lots of messing around hardware isolating faulty trying to fix a software problem I reformatted windows from scratch and have crashed times since in the course of a few hours no system files have been referenced So it seems pretty much certain that its a hardware issue isolating faulty hardware The latest error code was x x D isolating faulty hardware x x x in case anyone cares Unfortunately I don't have much experience in troubleshooting hardware issues I don't know how to isolate what is causing the problems beyond taking out various cards all i have in there is sticks of ram a video card and ethernet card audio is integrated and running the system to see if it crashes But since I don't know how to trigger the crashes that doesn't seem very efficient Any suggestions tips would be appreciated

A:isolating faulty hardware

Got another error that might be useful in debugging:

0x0000000A (0x01000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8067AE35)

I've uploaded my Everest report here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/isolating-faulty-hardware-134340.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok this is just frustrating Home connection where broadband faulty setup? or Hardware problem connection is through Billion Bipac s then TP-Link -port M Fast Ethernet Switch Hardware problem or faulty setup? which connects to THREE laptops two running SP and one on SP if that matters This is the ipconfig all on the Dell with SP Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings -Me- Hardware problem or faulty setup? gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Inspired Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - C- -AB- A-F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday December P M Lease Expires Wednesday December PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- D- E-F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - D-D -E - -E This is the ipconfig all on the HP laptop with the problem network did not assign address Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings email protected gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- dedafe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -D - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - - - -FC Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -B - - Network adapters for the faulty HP laptop - Network Adapter -Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver -Intel R PRO VE Network Connection -Intel R PRO wireless ABG Network Connection all appeared to be working I have tried netsh int ip reset reset log and netsh winsock reset catalog on the HP laptop All pings shows destination host unreachable HP laptop was able to connect to the internet without any problems if plugged directly to the modem Billion Bipac s Please help nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys My spec motherboard - gigabyte ga-z x-d h RAM - Gb Corsair CML GX M A C Graphics Card - msi gtx twin frozr overclock PSU - Corsair txm Windows G SSD HD TB SEAGATE CPU - i k Problem PC been fine for almost years haven t identifying hardware Need help (possibly) faulty changed anything for the past Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware weeks i Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware e no new hardware or software or windows update I was away for a few days went back home Hard crashed within few minutes i e ctrl-alt-del didn t work Windows reported Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware blue-screen error Looked around in safe mode device manager showed problem with graphics card Disabled graphics card Re-started windows looked ok except all graphics related programs still in p Went bought a new graphics card Put in the graphics card Clean installed the graphics driver Worked fine for a few hours Same problems again crashing problem with graphics card in device manger etc Then all the graphical output started to deteriorate Windows can no longer run in p the same in Ubuntu still normal in BIOS Then the problematic output spreaded to the screen before the Operating systems start i e in the option page to choose whether to go to the safe mode I took some pictures to demonstrate the problem http imgur com a a xsP Performed the memtest and no error was reported Any advice suggestion appreciated Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-identifying-possibly-faulty-hardware.1162282/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm not highly tech savvy but I will find out how to do anything needed.

Of the 20 odd times my pc has turned off - only the first time did I have BSOD. It might be unrelated as it was some weeks before this problem.

My computer turns off during any game I play. (And then when I try to turn it on sometimes is turns off) but it doesn't only turn off during games. The computer becomes warm, but not hot (a few months ago it got very hot, but I now use an underneath cooling fan).

After it switches off, sometimes it runs 'Pre-boot System Assessment 4124'.
The computer will always turn off when testing 'Memory - WCMch test'.

Does this mean there is something wrong my memory?

A:Windows 7 - Is it faulty hardware from these errors?

Inconclusive.

Please upload a report and in the mean time run these hardware tests
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...memtest86.html
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-is-it-faulty-hardware-from-these-errors-628599.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys,

Just re-formatted a notebook for a friend because his would not open to windows. Well it would load but as soon as you could see the wallpaper it would freeze. The mouse would still work and you could see everything but nothing worked.

After re-formatting it and restarting it it does exactly the same thing!

Any ideas of whats causing this would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Relevancy 57.19%

I recently Faulty or Hardware? Graphics card other got Call of duty black ops Been playing the career amp online and the screen would start to freeze when getting into the game mins in other colours of objects in the game were also messed up for example the window would be fluro green This happened when i played Modern warfare and my theroy is that i have a faulty graphics card because this has happened freezing and random colours to blackops mw battlefield and some older games but im sure im wrong because im not so good with computers The freezing happens every Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware? - mins during Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware? online and to unfreeze the game i click CTRL ALT DELETE to bring it to the menu this unfreezes it and then i click cancel so i can carry on with the game Its not the games cause it happens on other games Ive downloaded all drivers and installed all updates for my computer Specs Nvidia GTX MB Intel Core i CPU GHz GHz RAM gb Windows - bit any opinion or tests i can do to ensure whats wrong with my computer cheers nbsp

A:Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware?

UPDATE:

I decided to leave the computer case open, and no freezing has been occuring, so im assuming its the graphics or something getting overheated..

so should i get a new computer fan or some sort?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-graphics-card-or-other-hardware.964016/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi (hardware turns during Computer not off games faulty) at first I thought this was a problem only when I had my monitor switched to hz because it turned off alot back when I had it on so I had been playing with hz for a while and tried my luck turning it back to hz worked for a few days but now it seems it cant handle it even in hz It's a newly built PC I have checked graphics card with Furmark and no problems there ran memtest overnight passed tests I Computer turns off during games (hardware not faulty) cant upload any minidump files because it is empty I've reseating heatsink I want to know what else I could do to find out what the problem is please Specs -EVGA GeForce GTX Ti DS Superclockerd MB -Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz clocked ghz -ASUSTeK Computer INC P P PRO REV - gb RAM DDR - watt PSU Could it be a problem with uncompatible overclocks Had a few problems with the overclocking settings

A:Computer turns off during games (hardware not faulty)

If it was me I would set the bios back to default, play the game & see if it is stable or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198496-computer-turns-off-during-games-hardware-not-faulty.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows Vista Home Basic SP 2
eMachines ET 1161-05
AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.7Ghz

Computer powers on, but does not boot. Not even the boot screen where you can choose booting options or access the BIOS. It does boot sometimes if I unplug the hardrive, and do odd maneuvers to plug it back in, switch SATA ports, swap cables with the CD tray or restart it a lot of times. But it is getting increasingly difficult to make it boot.

I read some other threads that said to take a small battery out, or swap the memory to another slot, but I want to make sure this applies to my case first before I try anything.

Please advice, thank you.

A:Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

You can download the User Guide and scroll to the Troubleshooting section.I would take a look at page 37 first.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425512/problems-booting-computer-faulty-hardware-suspected/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having bsod problems and the problem of the bsod is FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE. I did a restore factory settings from the windows 10 options like 1 month ago. After I got the bsod , I ran a malwarebytes full scan and no threats detected. So far I gotten 4 bsods.
Ram 6GB Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 960 Processor AMD FX 6100 SIX CORE 1TB HDD and 500GB HDD Windows 10 Pro 64 BIT

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57102-bsod-problem-faulty-hardware-corrupted-page.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys today a customer brought back an Asus netbook The problem was on boot up windows always went to system repair I think thats what its called it was mandatory to run and stays on that page After inspecting the netbook there was quite a big crack on the bottom of the laptop so obviously has been dropped Anyway I said I would give it a go in fixing but this is what has happened so far I ran system restore to see if that helps after getting to the netbook restarted but would always Windows 0%... faulty Potential hardware? Copying files come up bootmgr is missing I ran system restore once more and this time after it got to it restarted and this time came up with the error boot bcd error xc e It says to run a repair using a disc I ran the windows Copying Windows files 0%... Potential faulty hardware? starter disc and used system repair and it came up saying saying everything was successful I decided to reformat using the disc the hard drive appears and everything Copying Windows files 0%... Potential faulty hardware? is normal I format the hard drive and then continue to reinstall The installation is stuck on the whole time and I know the disc works fine I used a second disc to make sure but again it sticks on I am sure the damage on the back has done something to brake the laptop I am just not sure what When I go to format the hard drive it appears in the list so its present and seems to be working At the disc just isn't even spinning Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Copying Windows files 0%... Potential faulty hardware?

Might want to run a HDD diagnostic from the manufacture's hard drive website .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283385-copying-windows-files-0-potential-faulty-hardware.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an Asus laptop currently running Windows 10 (upgraded from 8). I have trouble with faulty hardware corrupted page blue screens which happen at seemingly random intervals and during various tasks. They happened before and after the Windows upgrade. A PC shop has confirmed all my hardware is in good order, I recently ran a driver scanner to get everything up to date, but still the same problem. Can anyone help?
I'm not too familiar with using system files and such, so detailed instructions are very welcome. Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/faulty-hardware-corrupted-page-blue-screen-4598970/
Relevancy 55.9%

Good day,

I have had these 2 BSODs in the past few days on a fresh Windows 10 Pro install (not upgraded from 8.1). Attached are the dump files and they also happened while I was using Chrome. Hope there's a fix for this as it doesn't make sense for a fresh install to have this many BSODs.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50888-irql_not_less_or_equal-faulty-hardware-corrupted-page-bsods.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Everybody Sorry for this being long but it should cover everything See attached for BSOD zip files I have a Windows Bit Toshiba Satellite A Laptop Basic specs are a GB Toshiba Hard drive GB of Ram Intel Core Duo P CPU Insyde H Version Bios and a NVIDIA GeForce GT M graphics card I use Avast Antivirus Free Zone Alarm Firewall and Windows Defender for security For the past months i have been getting random BSODs It started as once in a while but it started to get frequent as the months passed I would get - BSODs on cold start while windows is loading before logging coming hardware faulty problems a piece BSOD of A range of from into it and then the system would run ok A range of BSOD problems coming from a faulty piece of hardware for about a - hrs and then BSODs again I enabled boot logging to figure out the startup BSODs and i found that some of the errors were caused by the driver intelppm sys I disabled the driver and it ran ok for about months but then more random BSODs If i enable intelppm sys BSODs get worse so it is disabled for now Symptoms I would have to keep turning the power switch on off - times since it gets stuck on POST on cold start When I get past this I would have to leave the computer on the BIOS menu or Windows Startup options menu for about - minutes to warm the computer where I could then proceed to windows On cold start it restarts - times while windows is loading or even if I do reach windows i would get a random BSOD By this time the computer gets warm so I would not have this particular problem until the next cold start When I am on Windows I may not have problems for - hrs then I would get some random programs crashing like Google Chrome Firefox Flash Player While on YouTube Microsoft Word and Windows Media Player while i m using it This would then graduate to BSODs Computer hangs after waking from sleep mode BSODs from a cold start hibernation The audio driver crashes once in a while when playing audio where I would have to go to device manager to disable and enable it to run again Windows Explorer tends to malfunction causing some graphics distortions where I would be forced to restart My synaptics touchpad seems to malfunction occasionally BSODs while logged on to windows tends to happen often while I am connected to the internet It triggers a lot while using Google Chrome Offline it may trigger while using Windows Media Player or even on idle - maybe a background program initiates triggering a BSOD Would get a random restart on Safe Mode Updates amp Tests That I Ran Have the latest Windows updates and all drivers including the BIOS are updated My processor runs on temperatures between - degrees Celcius On intel s website the processor s maximum temperature is degrees so I am in the safe range Ran Antivirus and Malware scan which are all updated no problems Did a fresh clean install of Windows same problems Prime Ran for a few hrs no problems OCCT No problems Windows Memory Test No Problems Memtest Ran for hrs no problems Windows Chekdisk No errors Seatools for Windows All passed Ran Driver Verifier No problems Disabled several drivers including Audio Video and Wireless drivers Same problems but less frequent as this time I would not be online DPC Latency Checker High latency on wireless card Realtek RTL SE n PCI-E NIC which causes popping noises and delays when playing audio This happens especially while browsing the web No problems with this card otherwise Suspects CPU I have a strong feeling this is the culprit I figure a bad CPU would hang a computer on POST the processor have to warm up to work and i guess any programs that are CPU intensive such as Google Chrome would cause a BSOD All this and yet it passes stress tests PSU I never tested the PSU and i am aware that a faulty PSU can cause all kinds of errors mentioned above including a malfunctioning CPU I am planning to switch to another CPU If this fails the PSU is next Display Card I doubt it but right now the NVIDIA display card is... Read more

A:A range of BSOD problems coming from a faulty piece of hardware

I believe you are right in suspecting a bad cpu as a possible culprit because if memory serves correct; if and when a cpu starts failing; it will generate quite a few bsod's like the ones you have uploaded because its the processor which is the main heart of the system other than the system board. I would definitely switch out cpu's if you know how to do it carefully. And yes after that definitely test the psu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318782-range-bsod-problems-coming-faulty-piece-hardware.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello.
Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

A:Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41695-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-hardware-faulty.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello.
Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

A:Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41695-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-memtest-session-hardware-faulty.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 43%

What is my minimum system power supply?I can't seem to figure it out, should I just add the wattage of all the rails or is there any other process?PSU sticker -http://imgur.com/6xoUwN7I don't really know anything much about these PSUs. I wanted to know if it will atleast support a graphic card which requires 19W power supply and minimum system power supply requirement is listed as 300W.

A:Can some PLEASE help me figuring out my psu.

Without knowing the rest of the parts in your computer this is hard to come up with a minimum power supply. The one you have is a Dell 250w power supply. If you are going to just replace it because of the video card you can go with a 300w.I normal would go with you can afford keeping in mind that you always use it again on another machine.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156487.0.html
Relevancy 43%

Which AV is better AntiVir Personal Edition 6.34.01.178 or Avast Home Edition 4.7.942. Im comparing 2 free VS's since if I ever buy a AV off the internet my parents will just get pissed off. So which AV is better and only compare these 2 AV's if u ever used them both.

A:Need help figuring out which is the better AV

I have only used Avast and AVG. I think they are both great. Most people I know use AVG. I use AVG on XP and it works great. I use Avast on Vista. Any reason why you won't consider AVG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-figuring-out-which-is-the-better-av.554440/
Relevancy 43%

Hi! I'm Bdawg977 I'm new to this forum buuut anyways on topic I have a dell inspiron 531 and I want to upgrade it to a solid state harddrive but I'm not sure how to figure out what type I need and what will work with my cpu and if I can get one that'd just plug in because I'm fairly new to the whole computer modification process (I've mainly stuck with cars lol)
but anyways any help would be great!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128349-figuring-out-what-ssd-i-need.html
Relevancy 43%

Haha Good morning folks some Looking help this for figuring out hope you Looking for some help figuring this out enjoyed that little jingle So for a couple days since I ve been ill Looking for some help figuring this out I ve been doing a clean up of some files on my PC and trying to fix what seems to be a not too big a problem I ve had for oh well probably a good - months now I ll post my log at the bottom here and you ll get a much better look at this but I have no major issues with my Laptop and I can post specs if need be I only have a minor issue with the videocard drivers being out of date but I am hesitant to update due to poor reviews One virus worm that seems to still be plaguing me in a small way simply not being able to remove it from firefox addons list Even uninstalling re-installing firefox didn t do the trick That would be ClickPotatoLite Veryy annoying I ve manually removed everything malicious I could find and I ve also reviewed similar logs to what mine looks like Anyways I m just rambling I can post info as needed I couldn t resolve the missing file issue through the relative log and feedback I was reading from a previous user due to different circumstances but this is obviously not healthy at all I use malwarebytes and HijackThis along with rkill only if nescessary Thanks for offering your great help as you have done plenty of times years ago I always use and recommend this website to friends for great resource Wonderful community here and nonetheless the log of doom R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run Microsoft Pinyin IME Migration C PROGRA COMMON MICROS IME IMESC IMSCMIG EXE INSTALL O - HKLM Run CLMLServer quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run P Go Menu quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot SOFTWARE CyberLink Power Go quot O - HKLM Run HControlUser C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe O - HKLM Run ATKOSD C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe O - HKLM Run ADSMTray C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMTray exe O - HKLM Run ATKMEDIA quot C Program Files x ASUS ATK Media DMEDIA EXE quot O - HKLM Run DirectConsole C Program Files x ASUS Direct Console Direct Console exe O - HKLM Run DigidesignMMERefresh quot C Program Files x Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe quot O - HKLM Run VERIZONDM quot C Program Files x VERIZONDM bin sprtcmd exe quot P VERIZONDM O - HKLM Run VerizonServicepoint exe quot C Program Files x Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exe quot AUTORUN O - HKCU Run LightScribe Control Panel C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hidden O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFile... Read more

A:Looking for some help figuring this out

Hey folks, I hope I don't screw this up replying but I just need to let ya'll know I am leaving for New Orleans tomorrow and I won't be back until the 12th or so, So once a post is made please don't lock the thread! I will be back, Thanks for your help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381721/looking-for-some-help-figuring-this-out/
Relevancy 43%

Yesterday PowerPoint s toolbars PPT reset Typically no problem just go to the MS gt gt App Data area delete the pst file and paste in my customized one To do this I need to view hidden files and folders No matter what I do I cannot view them Windows XP ProWindows Live OneCare full scan fails quick scan found nothing Ran Kaspersky Online Scanner and it provided this list of potential problems C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft OneCare Protection LocalCopy C D - B- DEA- F - B E D - exe Infected Trojan-Dropper Win Flystud ko C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft OneCare Protection LocalCopy A F B - C - B- D E- BCCD E D - exe Infected Trojan-Dropper Win Flystud ko C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Microsoft OneCare Protection LocalCopy F A F-CE A- A E-AA B- B - exe Infected Trojan-Dropper Win Flystud ko C Documents and Settings Troy Chollar Desktop destop stuff Installers mmbld mmbld exe figuring me got out what Help Infected not-a-virus RiskTool Win Squnsh b Help figuring out what got me C hkn k bat Infected Trojan-GameThief Win Magania bbhh C lc exe Infected Trojan-GameThief Win Magania bboj C Program Files Multimedia Builder Plugins MMBMisc dll Infected not-a-virus RiskTool Win Squnsh b C rbj jn n bat Infected Trojan-GameThief Win Magania baqk C w com Infected Trojan-GameThief Win Magania bbul C WINDOWS system olhrwef exe Then found this forum and followed advice in this post http forums techguy org malware-removal-hijackthis-logs -solved-hidden-files-not-showing- html Downloaded and ran SDFix exe and here is it s report SDFix Version Run by Troy Chollar on Thu at PMMicrosoft Windows XP Version Running From C SDFixChecking Services Restoring Default Security ValuesRestoring Default Hosts FileRebootingChecking Files Trojan Files Found C autorun inf - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp A tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp B tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp A tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp B tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp E tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp F tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp C tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp D tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp A tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp B tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp C tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp D tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp E tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp F tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp A tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp B tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp C tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - DeletedC DOCUME TROYCH LOCALS Temp Tmp tmp - Del... Read more

A:Help figuring out what got me

The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227029/help-figuring-out-what-got-me/
Relevancy 43%

On MS site SP1 figuring REALLY help I 7 for need win PLEASE x64 out it has a DL but it give u an option to pick as it says quot Service Pack SP for Windows Server R and Windows quot and i dont have server just need win and then I REALLY need help figuring out SP1 for win 7 x64 PLEASE it goes on to say to get quot fixes quot aka realease note https technet microsoft com en-us v ws aspx Does anyone know how to do more current SP and if u can do and ISO then what is the best away to do it through quot windows update quot as ive i did a clean install times i never seen SP as option randomly it would say i need files then after reboot nothing and hrs later more etc PLZ Help Thanks Choose the download you want File NameSize - Update Sp Wave -GRMSP DVD iso GB Windows Win SP - AMD CHK Symbols msi MB Windows Win SP - AMD FRE Symbols msi MB Windows Win SP - IA CHK Symbols msi MB Windows Win SP - IA FRE Symbols msi MB Windows Win SP - X CHK Symbols msi MB Windows Win SP - X FRE Symbols msi MB windows -KB -IA exe MB windows -KB -X exe MB windows -KB -X exe MB https www microsoft com en-us down s aspx id

A:I REALLY need help figuring out SP1 for win 7 x64 PLEASE

I'm not sure why you are not offered SP1 via Windows Update...
...but the file that you want is the first one (1.9GB ISO).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384363-i-really-need-help-figuring-out-sp1-win-7-x64-please.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a computer that a customer wants loaded with Windows 2000 pro. I put in the Win 2k Pro cd and turned the computer on. For some reason is wont recognize the bootable cd....sometimes....when it does recognize it the installation gets about 3/4 the way thru then it starts giving me missing files error. Doesnt make sense. If anybody can help that would be great. Thanks

Relevancy 43%

I am being blocked from Iexplorer, AV sites, and Safari. I ran HJT, but I can not understand the log. I am not sure if code 04 are codes that need to be erased or not. Please help. I have attached my log file to this forum.

A:Help with figuring my HJT Log

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290316/help-with-figuring-my-hjt-log/
Relevancy 43%

Over the this out figuring help Need last few days i ve noticed my computer running funny Programs freezing alot constantly having to reboot or sometimes force a reboot overall running a whole lot slower Today i started getting IE pages that seem to open themselves i didn t think to much of it Need help figuring this out I noticed another site I visit alot and yes fully trustworthy was running a promo to get McAfee free for a year Since i don t have any protection now i thought it would be a good idea Downloaded it and can t get it to run i ve been working wiht McAfee techs trying to get that Need help figuring this out fixed still in process While trying to fix that the IE pages started popping up more and more Computer froze I went to hit ctrl-alt-del to close down the IE pages that where frozen but my task manager is GONE So i cancel out of that right click on the Need help figuring this out task bar thinking i will get to it that way nope its shadded out and unselectable During searching what would cause my task maanger to disappear i read about spyware or something that can do that So i download spyware doctor The results of that are posted below Am i infected with something serious How can i fix this trojan fakealert - infections trojan generic - infections application trackingcookies - infections spyware known bad sites - infections adware advertisiing - infections Thanks

A:Need help figuring this out

Update....

This morning upon booting up, it would get into the windows screen but would give an error saying something was wrong with windows and it was going to reboot again. It did that a few times before it would complete boot up.

Now there's a pop up that keeps coming asking me to confirm if i really want to install something. Each time it comes up it's asking to install a different .exe file. I keep hitting cancel, but they keep coming every few minutes or so.

My computer is also running even more slow then yesterday. The spyware doctor keeps popping up every few seconds saying it blocked something.

Ran the DDS, and i have those files saved. (I'm on a different computer now cause it kept freezing while trying to post on here). I tried running the RootRepel program but kept getting errors until it closed itself. Below are the errors i got

Error could not initialize driver please contact author. I hit ok
Error dumping SSDT (0xc0000024). I hit ok
Then it looked like it started scanning
Error Attempt to read from address 0x00000004. I hit ok
Device IoControl Error! Error cod = oxo

then it closed itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271937/need-help-figuring-this-out/
Relevancy 42.57%

Went to use my computer and had a BSOD. Computer was sitting overnite and in the morning I went to use it and this is what I found:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP: 0X0000007A (0XC05CF528, 0XC000000E, 0XB9EA550C, 0X5B460860)

atapi.sys-Address B9EA550C base at B9E98000, date stamp 4802539d

Did a Google search and came across that it could be a virus or bad RAM.

I have my computer set to do daily virus scans using McAfee, and also daily spyware scans using Webroot SpySweeper. No viruses or spyware found.

I also did a RAM scan using Windows Memory Diagnostic and no errors came back.

A:Help figuring out BSOD

Find the manufacturer of your hard drive and run their Hard Drive Diagnostics Utility.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-figuring-out-bsod-441024.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just built a new computer primarily for gaming and since this morning it has BSOD'd on me twice. I was not doing any gaming the first time and the second time it bsod was when I was playing far cry 3.

I have attached the mini dump text file below but for some reason the actual dump file is not visible when I try to upload it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Need help figuring out the cause of my BSOD's

Try this, go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-the-cause-of-my-bsods.204523/
Relevancy 42.57%

i know a little bit about how to over clock but at the same time i don't
i would like to know if its possible to over clock and how much i should and shouldn't
also i would like to know if there is anything i should upgrade to make my comp faster and smoother when playing HD games

my comp specs:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 3
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 401165 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A785-M, Rev X.0x, 107017710001907
Stock Fans

Relevancy 42.57%

The family computer has been really slow and sluggish lately don't know whats causing is I everything slowing down, need out Something figuring what. help scan for viruses spyware and such on a regular basis and defrag as wel Maybe you guys can help me out with my hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP Something slowing everything down, need help figuring out what. WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Something slowing everything down, need help figuring out what. C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Maarten LOUS Bureaublad Apps HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http minisearch startnow com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http minisearch startnow com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http minisearch startnow com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Koppelingen R - URLSearchHook HyperSearchHook - - E- D-B E - F F - blank file missing R - URLSearchHook SearchSettings Class - E E- - F - DAB-FCDD B E D - C Program Files Search Settings kb SearchSettings dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO Seekmo Toolbar - CBE -C B- F- BC- CBB E D - C Program Files SeekmoToolbar Bin SkHostIE dll file missing O - BHO DealioBHO Class - A B -A F- -AE - D C BF - C Program Files Dealio kb Dealio dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO IeCaptureBho Object - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Win... Read more

A:Something slowing everything down, need help figuring out what.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue, please follow the process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach as instructed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/something-slowing-everything-down-need-help-figuring-out-what-316158.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi! I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out what type of ram i need. My motherboard is a PC Chips M935LR that has a SiS 650 Chipset. Would this be able to take high density ram?

A:Help figuring out type of ram!?!!

No seems to require low density...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-figuring-out-type-of-ram.565042/
Relevancy 42.57%

The problem seemed like a graphics card issue my screen got unreadable a half a dozen times and today I got the blue screen I ran furmark for about minutes and it seemed to handle it I also ran hwmonitor Temps seemed in range I bad out figuring going Help whats looked at the event logs but all I can figure out is that it shows kernel from having to reboot The computer freezes when the screen goes into lock up I took a picture but can t figure how to attach it or the event log Any help would be appreciated I know enough to get into trouble as my dad used to say Accer says no updates but slimdrivers says I need three Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD C- Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Help figuring out whats going bad AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Help figuring out whats going bad Aspire Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-figuring-out-whats-going-bad.1135655/
Relevancy 42.57%

So here s my issue I had about gb left on my SDD I use it for Windows and for big games All other files I install and store on my slave HDD I ve been trying to pull music from my iPhone back to the HDD so I installed this program called Sharepod It has always worked in the past for but for some reason its just gone to hell today I tried to use Sharepod to pull the music and store it on the slave HDD However it ate up all gb on my SDD froze and now I can t figure out how to get the space back I m at just about mb left open I uninstalled Sharepod Up figuring SDD out - Need Entirely help Space how Used and I ve checked through all the C drive libraries and they re SDD Space Entirely Used Up - Need help figuring out how all empty I have Windows set to default to the libraries I made on the slave drive D Anybody have some time to try and help me figure this out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sdd-space-entirely-used-up-need-help-figuring-out-how.1169370/
Relevancy 42.57%

I Have A Dell Dimension E310 And It Says My Maximum Ram Capacity Is 2gig Of Ram(1gig Per Slot).

I Was Wondering Is I Could Put 2gig In Each Slot And Mabey It Could Work Under 4gig By A Possibility, Because Im About To Buy More Ram And 2gigs Total i Don't Think Will Do Much, Due To Poor Single-Core Processor. If You Could Help Me Thanks. =]

Heres Some Specs:

Xp Professional
80 Gig Hardrive
(Currently) 1.2 Gigs Ram
Pentium 4 Processor 2.8ghz

A:Help With Figuring Maximum Ram

actually, I know very little about Dells, but 2 GIGs of ram would help a bunch, and actually with a 32 bit OS will be all u need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-figuring-maximum-ram.108815/
Relevancy 42.57%

HEy people
I was just wondering if you guys new of a cheap but good gaming cpu for my compaq presario
Here are the specks

Motherboard description Motherboard manufacturer's name: Asus A8N-LA
HP/Compaq name: Nagami2L-GL8E

CPU/Processor Socket: 939
Supports the following processors:
AMD Athlon 64 X2
AMD Athlon 64
Sempron - i have the sempron

Front-side bus (FSB) 2000MT/s or 1600MT/s (processor dependent)
and is the Socket AM2 the same as the 939?
thanks guys

A:Need help figuring out what CPU to upgrade with

am2 is not compatible with 939. i think the best cpu for 939 is the fx60 which is like $300 on ebay u could look into getting a 4800x2 or 4600 but the prices are not nice on those parts. a $500 upgrade to a newer MB ,CPU ,And ram would be a huge improvement over what you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-what-cpu-to-upgrade-with.121545/
Relevancy 42.57%

I need these logs checked for anything abnormal I need to make sure I have gotten rid of all the infection that was on my computer I have updated and ran Malwares Anti Malware and AVG in Windows DOS Figuring Out Help Need Problem safe mode Than ran same two programs two more times in Windows Normal mode This is the Malware Logfile The object in red was the only problem found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full Scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE AvScan Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected This is the first Logfile done from HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon Need Help Figuring Out Problem exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS explorer exeF HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - By default we load generic code php css sql and xml html load others here if desired - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ContributeBHO Class - By default we load generic code php css sql and xml html load others here if desired - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - google ad client ca-pub- Forums - Bottom google ad slot google ad width google ad height - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO EarthLink PopUp Blocker V - google ad client ca-pub- Forums - Bottom google ad slot google ad width google ad height - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ElnkPub dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - google ad client ca-pub- Forums - Bottom google ad slot google ad width google ad height - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Earthlink Protection BHO - google ad client ca-pub- Forums - Bottom google ad slot google ad width google ad height - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ProtctIE dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - google ad client ca-pub- Forums - Bottom google ad slot google ad width google ad height - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Help... Read more

A:Need Help Figuring Out Problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285646/need-help-figuring-out-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

Okay so i got a new laptop for Christmas and i downloaded java so i could play Runescape and went to play it and i got an error message. I then downloaded Runescape and went to play and it said there was something up with the firewall blocking it or something. The laptop is a Toshiba and has windows 8 on it. Could anybody help??

A:Help figuring out new Windows 8

Moved to Windows 8 forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/help-figuring-out-new-windows-8-a-681970.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am wanting to buy a laptop. I don't want to pay over $750.00 and only need it for basic computing, web surfing and definitely need to be able to connect with WiFi and also a modem for connecting via telephone line in motels. I do know that I would like to stick with Windows XP Home as the operating system since I already have that on my desktop.

I have no idea about laptops and would like some suggestions from the people who do know them. Can anyone help me out here with your suggestions and links to check out? Thanks in advance.

GQ

Relevancy 42.57%

My computer is very very slow. Opening a document as well as downloads sometimes take forever.... Often when on the internet, I get unable to display when trying to reach a website.
Hijack this sent me here as malware does not seem to be the problem.

A:I need help figuring out what is going on with my computer

Do you have a lot of programs starting with the computer? Go to Start > Run and type "msconfig" w/o the quotes. Go to the startup tab. There will be a bunch of programs listed there. If you see any that you don't need to start with the computer you can uncheck their box. If you are unsure of one don't uncheck it. You can Google it if you want more info. When you reboot after unchecking programs there will be a box with a checkbox. Just check it and hit ok, that's just letting you know that startup has been changed.

Also, what is the size of your Hard Drive and how much free space do you have? If you have a LOT of files or media the drive may have become fragmented and could cause performance slowdown, especially on an older PC. You could do a disk defrag, Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter - Hit Analyze and it will tell you if you need to defrag or not.

BMR777

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-need-help-figuring-out-what-is-going-on-with-my-computer-187162.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My fiancee's computer all of a sudden became very slow and shuts itself down or completely need log, out figuring to HijackThis how help fix freezes needs manual restart I know his computer has a lot of junk HijackThis log, need help figuring out how to fix on there and needs to get rid of some things but this feels like a virus Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon HijackThis log, need help figuring out how to fix exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrowser exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http verizon my yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http verizon my yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http downloads yahoo com p vz ie welcomeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS SYSTEM Userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B... Read more

A:HijackThis log, need help figuring out how to fix

umm anyone there available to help me? please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223202/hijackthis-log-need-help-figuring-out-how-to-fix/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just installed Ultimate 64 on my box all went smooth. The only issue i'm having is when I go to ebay or yahoo and login and check mark the leave me signed in box, when I go back to the site have to login again everytime. I'm thinking it's IE8, what do you guys think?

Thanks

A:Newbie! Need a little help figuring this one out.

Hello BigNel, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You may need to have cookies enabled for that website for it to remember the log in.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/221462-newbie-need-little-help-figuring-one-out.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Can someone let me know if these logs are hackers work or not? I had a virus some near two years ago that logged three weeks of passwords and other things. I'm wondering if any of these logs are something suspicious. They are all attached to this message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/figuring-out-log-files-what-are-these.335685/
Relevancy 42.57%

What's the difference between DVD files and digital files and how to convert them?

A:figuring out files

Nothing except the file format. To convert from one format to another requires a software program to
convert one format to another.
ConvertxtoDVD is a program that does just that. There are others on the web.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522761/figuring-out-files/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello and Merry Christmas to all I would really appreciate any help with this hijack log my computer s been running really slow despite formatting a few weeks ago THanks a lot ------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass help need THis log, figuring Hijack out! exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files mcafee com VSO mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Hijack THis log, need help figuring out! C Hijack THis log, need help figuring out! windows system hpsysdrv exe C Windows system HpSrvUI exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe C Program Files mcafee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files mcafee com Agent mcupdate exe C Program Files GBR Xtreme Speed PropelAC exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C WINDOWS fbmaw exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C program files solutions sais exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System chost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data wtta exe C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exe C Program Files Defender Defender Pro Firewall KAVPF exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files CallWave IAM exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer actalert exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files CoreFTP coreftp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www couldnotfind com search page html amp account id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www couldnotfind com search page html amp account id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www couldnotfind com search page html amp account id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - no file O - BHO no name - - F D- C- E - A C E C - C WINDOWS nem dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - F E B D- B - B - - C - C WINDOWS System gjwyai dll O - BHO no name - E A - C- DE - B- FC CACA - C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC Setup Setup dll O - BHO Freedom BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - BHO no name - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C Program Files GBR Xtreme Speed prpl IePopupBlocker dll O - BHO no name - F E -F E- B E- D - EA C E - C WINDOWS wsem dll O - BHO no name - A FDD -A - - - ED E DBBB - C Program Files SideFind sfbho dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Zero-Knowledge Freedom - FA B -F - - C - E ED - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom BandObjs dll O - T... Read more

A:Hijack THis log, need help figuring out!

Folllow the instructions below and repost a new Scanlog using the latest version here:

Direct HijackThis download link: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

Have these instructions printed or in a convenient Notepad (or Wordpad) file so you can view them in Safe Mode. Have "show hidden (or all) files" checked in Folder Options > View in case you have to search for any hidden files to delete. Also ensure you do NOT have "hide file extensions..." enabled in Folder Options > View

Download and unzip to a convenient location the CoolWebShredder, CWShredder.exe available here: http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

Then:

1 >> Restart in Safe Mode: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406

2 >> In Safe Mode run the CoolWebShredder and have it "fix" detected problems. Then run HijackThis and check and "fix" the following entries:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.couldnotfind.com/search_...count_id=153510
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.couldnotfind.com/search_...count_id=153510

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.couldnotfind.com/search_...count_id=153510

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - C:\WINDOWS\nem220.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1F8E6B0D-9B10-24B7-8605-11557C877946} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gjwyai.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2E65A557-173C-4DE9-860B-28FC5CACA542} - C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Setup\Setup.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8F4E5661-F99E-4B3E-8D85-0EA71C0748E4} - C:\WINDOWS\wsem302.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A3FDD654-A057-4971-9844-4ED8E67DBBB8} - C:\Program Files\SideFind\sfbho.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IST Service] C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe

^^ delete the "ISTsvc" folder in c:\Program Files

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [XXCD4Nkf] C:\WINDOWS\fbmaw.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Internet Optimizer] "C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\optimize.exe"

^^ remove from Add/Remove programs or delete the "internet optimizer" folder if nothing present.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [XXCD4Nkf] C:\WINDOWS\fbmaw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [anad] C:\WINDOWS\anad.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sais] c:\program files\180solutions\sais.exe

^^ remove from Add/Remove programs or delete the "180Solutions" folder

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Cspu] C:\WINDOWS\System32\??chost.exe

O9 - Extra button: SideFind (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)

O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111113457} - file://c:\ied_s7.cab
O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-511111113457} - file://c:\x.cab
O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-511111113458} - file://c:\x.cab
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {386A771C-E96A-421F-8BA7-32F1B706892F} (Installer Class) - http://www.xxxtoolbar.com/ist/softw...0006_lyrics.cab
3 >> Go to Start > Run and enter cmd and a command shell will open. At the prompt carefully type and enter each line:

del C:\WINDOWS\fbmaw.exe
del C:\WINDOWS\anad.exe
del C:\WINDOWS\System32\??chost.exe

Additional cleanup instructions: Go to the Control Panel > Internet Options applet. Clear the Temporary Internet Cache, History and Offline Content. Go to the Programs tab and select "reset web settings", including your home page if it has been altered. You can reset that later to what you desire.

Go to Start > Run, enter %temp% and then click Edit > Select All. Right click on the selected files and folders and delete them

>> Reboot

Install, UPDATE, and run a full drive Ad-Aware SE scan, include the VX2 Plugin.

Ad-Aware Home Page

http://download.lavas... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-log-need-help-figuring-out.308986/
Relevancy 42.57%

I keep getting this pop up box:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol....ojo.xd.js:2074

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-need-help-figuring-this-out-moved-from-hjt-322599.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a HP Pavilion a6519fh Desktop PC with OS windows vista (dont know what bit) and my video card kinda sucks, and i bought the game GTA IV, and it says that i need to upgrade my video card, and thats the trouble that im having. i have read info about needing to try and find what motherboard name i have. here it is:

?Manufacturer: Asus
?Motherboard Name: IPIBL-LB
?HP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E

the price range of a video card that plays GTA IV fairly well, is no more than $100 if possible.

A:I need help figuring out which video card I need!

This look like your motherboard.
Looks like you have a PCI-e.
Could you be more specific about your computer? It looks like you probably have an E2180.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-figuring-out-which-video-card-i-need.153179/
Relevancy 42.14%

If there is anyone out there that can help me figure out what noise is coming from my computer, I sure would appreciate it. It gets really loud, as if it is running something, and then I'll hear a click like noise, it'll stop for sometimes a couple minutes, and sometimes longer, then start up again. It is so irritating as gets pretty noisy. Can anyone help me figure this problem out, as to what could be causing it? I built my system about four years ago. Running Vista right now.

Relevancy 42.14%

Appreciate some assistance.

72pin SiMMs normally have black rectangular blocks held on to the stick with what look like "feet". It appears that 8MB sticks have 4 sets of 5 "feet", 10 on each side of the block.
The 16MB sticks appear to have 4 sets of 6 "feet", 12 on each side of the block.

Is this a basic rule of thumb to "eyeball" memory and know what it is (in quantity) without installing it on a mainboard?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Relevancy 42.14%

So i have recently just built my PC and i thought it all went quite well..
but when i was updating and of the hardware/software i would instantly get a blue screen error..
i first thought it was that i needed to update the bios... which i did..
and then updated everything in device manager apart from two that cannot be found.
firstly i got an error code that i couldnt quite get the number of but it had some 3s in it :L

After doing quite a bit of research i decided it must be the gpu as now i was only getting BSOD when i loaded up a game and started to play.. menus were fine but the actual game few secounds/minutes boom crash

i also moved the graphics card down a slot to see if that would work.. nope..
Please help i really to be rid of this problem...

A:BSOD having trouble figuring out what to do..

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292902-bsod-having-trouble-figuring-out-what-do.html
Relevancy 42.14%

It s an emachines T I figuring Help start why computer my won't out bought in I ve read the sticky on emachines computers and that the PSU should be replaced Anyway I m Help figuring out why my computer won't start not really sure my problem is the PSU I used the computer last night everything was working fine I ve never Help figuring out why my computer won't start noticed any indication of something failing I tried to turn it on this morning but it just won t turn on It doesn t make a single sound when I press the power button I opened up the case and tried shorting the pins for the power switch to see if the power switch had failed Nothing happened I then removed the pin PSU connector to the mobo and jumpered the pins as described on this other post techspot com vb post - html then plugged the power cord and the PSU s fan started as normal also the DVD drives I have powered up I m not sure if the harddrives I have powered up I don t think I heard any noise from them but then again they re super quiet so who knows I guess this means the PSU is working right So what should I check next BTW there s a green LED on the motherboard so I m not sure if that indicates the mobo is also working correctly Anyone has any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Help figuring out why my computer won't start

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.

What does the green LED on the mobo indicate anyway?

I have a brand new PSU lying around, although it is only a 230w PSU.
Can I use this to test?
The PSU in the T2824 is 250w, but I figure I can probably use the 230w PSU just for testing and only connect it to the mobo, CPU and one HD.

Please advise if this is OK to do.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-figuring-out-why-my-computer-wont-start.102915/
Relevancy 42.14%

i need to buy some memory for my pc, im not sure how to tell what kind i have or need. its a dell 8200, if anyone can help please do. thanks!

A:Need help figuring out memory type

Go to www.crucial.com
Their 3-step memory-finder will tell you exactly what you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-memory-type.18783/
Relevancy 42.14%

It looks to be like a Win8 version of the "f4" command on a mac

http://gyazo.com/3fae48c61a14272774d030784e5f73ed

A:Need help figuring out what program is in this screenshot

Looks like a transformation pack

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/52909-need-help-figuring-out-what-program-screenshot.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have run Norton Antivirus and it has come up with multiple problems that it has quarantined and I have deleted One scan said it came up with the file names of backdoor dsnx which I deleted but when I ran regedit the key was not present so I don't know if that particular problem is solved or if it is still affecting my computer Otherwise I am bombarded by ads and popups when using IE My friends are trying to help me but they are both former windows users who have converted to macs and are now laughing in my face With Computer! Help Figuring My Wrong Out What's Need great friends Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer! they are Any help is much appreciated EDIT Since I posted this log I've moved HijackThis to it's own folder in the C drive I had it on the desktop earlier if I need to repost a new log now with it moved please let me know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer! SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer! system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINNT relocater exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINNT BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionCueTray exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINNT system hkcmd exeC WINNT system igfxsrvc exeC WINNT system igfxpers exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC dfndr exeC WINNT system pwinlqez exeC WINNT system mptft exeC WINNT system ssn tuu exeC WINNT system nr rnqm exeC WINNT system ssec exeC WINNT system tfthot exeC Program Files ipwins ipwins exeC WINNT cfg exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC DOCUME LOCALS NTA APPLIC CURITY ati evxx exeC WINNT system SKS nopdb exeC WINNT cfg a exec dfndra exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINNT explorer exeC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Administrator OWNER-E TK G W Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId B PVER ar homeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www mrfindalot com search asp si k R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www mrfindalot com search asp si k R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dllF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINNT system ikomd exeF - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT system userinit exe tfvqnvg exeO - BHO no name - E E A E - FE- D -A -A DDCA - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar V ViewBar dllO - Toolbar Search - BC-A - ... Read more

A:Need Help Figuring Out What's Wrong With My Computer!

Hello and welcome to BC Please disable Windows Defender Real Time Protection as it may interfere with the fix. To disable Windows Defender: Open Windows Defender Click Tools Click General Settings Scroll down to Real Time Protection Options Uncheck Turn on Real Time Protection (recommended)After you uncheck this, click on the Save button Close Windows DefenderOnce your log is clean you can re-enable Windows Defender Real Time Protection.=============================Download AlcanShorty .Click the download button and agree to download the fix.Download Alcanshorty to your desktop.DoubleClick alcanshorty_en.exe and click installThis will create a new folder on your desktop called alcanshorty_enOpen that folder doubleclick Run.batOnce the fix starts, your icons and desktop will disappear, this is normal.Make sure you have a working internet connection. In case your firewall gives an alert, don't block it, because alcanshorty needs to download some additional files to let the tool run properly.Wait for the complete script execution box to popuppress OK.Press exit to terminate the BFU program.=============================Please download Ccleaner and save it to your desktop.Tutorial for CCleanerDuring the installation be sure to UN-check the box for "Ccleaner Yahoo Toolbar" unless you want it=============================Download and install Ewido Anti-Malware to your desktop Click on shield tab and change the Resident Shield to inactive.Check for updates but do not run it yet.============================Download Combofix.zip by sUBs . Unzip it to its own folder.Read here how to unzip/extract properly.Open the Combofix folder and doubleclick combo.exeFollow the prompts.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished, it should produce a log, combofix.txt. Save this log please.============================Please download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop. Do not scan with it yet.============================Reboot your computer in Safe Mode using the F8 method below. Let me know if you run into any problems doing that: a. If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power. b. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on. c. Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again. d. Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected. e. Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode. ============================From Safe Mode run CcleanerClick on Options,Select Advanced Now UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" Make sure the Cleaner block on the left is selected. Do not use the "Issues" block . It's meant for professionals.Choose the Windows tab. Check everything EXCEPT Advanced part of the Menu.Click on "Analyze". This process could take a while. If you don't want to loose your login passwords to certain sites, click on Options Select cookies and move the ones you want to keep to the "cookies to keep" section, by highlighting and using the arrows in the middle.Choose Run Cleaner.When CCleaner shows how much has been removed, cleaning is finished. Click Exit. If you have more than one users, run Ccleaner for every user ============================From Safe Mode run EwidoClose ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Please start EwidoRun a full system scan. Save the report.=============================Still in Safe Mode Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan. Once the short scan has finished, you should now mark the drives that you want to scan. Select all drives. A red dot shows which drive... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56174/need-help-figuring-out-whats-wrong-with-my-computer/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I have a notebook charger with the following specifications:WIDE RANGE INPUT: 100-240V 1.4A 50-60HzOUTPUT: 19.5V 2.31A 45W  Now I've got an external laptop battery that allows me to choose different voltages to that suits my device. However closest I can get is 19V and 20V. Which option should I choose to safely charge my notebook?  The external battery I am using is RAVPower 23000 mAh Multivolt. The specs are as follows:Output 9V/12V/16V/19V/20VInput DC 12-24V / 2A  Thanks a lot in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Figuring-out-the-correct-voltage/td-p/5808588
Relevancy 42.14%

I have wireless internet. I'd like to network in a 2nd computer which is XP. The little green lights on the router are on when the second computer is off. When I turn the power on, the lights for that connection go out. (Same with the lights on the back of the computer that are next to the ethernet plug in.) The guy who put our tower up said all we'd have to do is plug it in and it'd be ready to go. Ideas? (I am not very computer literate.)

A:Trouble figuring out networking.

what router are you using? which isp do you have?
has the new computer been used on a network or connected to the internet before?
what "tower" are you referencing (computer tower?)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-figuring-out-networking.402212/
Relevancy 42.14%

Or at least I think that's what's happening.

I have Avast Business Security on my laptop, and periodically I just get hammered with notices from Avast that it has put several viruses in the "virus chest."  For example, today between 6:01 and 6:03, Avast apparently identified 12 viruses and quarantined them.  They come in batches like that.

Is there any way to figure out whether the viruses are coming in via e-mail and if so, who is sending them (via a hijacked account, no doubt)?

I am willing to switch to a different product if I can find one that sheds a little more light.

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574504/figuring-out-whos-e-mailing-me-virii/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys and thank you for motherboard out help what compatible figuring Need a is K8S-LA with viewing my problem I m new to this board so I not that sure if Need help figuring out what is compatible with a K8S-LA motherboard I m posting in the right place nonetheless thank you for viewing I have a Compaq Presario SR NX and would like to upgrade Need help figuring out what is compatible with a K8S-LA motherboard some parts in the computer specifically for gaming and other tasks as well I m planning on buying gigs of ram a new compatible graphics card and a new processor if necessary The problem is I don t really know what s compatible with my system only the ram I have a asus K S-LA Salmon motherboard with a agp slot so I m aiming to get a new agp graphics card since my current graphics card is a Sis Mirage I believe I have a AMD Sempron GHz processor socket and wish to upgrade it with a compatible processor if it s necessary to run the graphics card bought a Pentium D ghz and just found out my computer is not compatible with it I m planning on using - gigs of ram since I have mb but due to the graphics card I have less because it uses the ram as its memory or so I was told I need help on finding out what type of cards processors etc I should get and that are compatible with my system I have a watt power supply if that helps I plan on upgrading that as well to a - if needed and I have windows XP Thank you for your time and help Any suggestions are greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Need help figuring out what is compatible with a K8S-LA motherboard

Lots of manuals here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&product=471644&lang=en

Review here: http://www0.epinions.com/Hewlett_Packard_Compaq_Presario_Sr1520nx_Desktop_Pc_PX801AA

I have a asus K8S-LA (Salmon) motherboardClick to expand...

Actually I think you're better off leaving it stock standard, other wise the front label (on the box) won't be right.
And anyone who downloads drivers for it one day, won't work.

For gaming, it is better to update the entire computer box, to PCI-Express capabilities, and then ofcourse there's ram, and all the rest.

But you can recover some funds by selling this computer stock standard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-what-is-compatible-with-a-k8s-la-motherboard.96920/
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear Forum users I problem: Figuring the PSU/Mobo/RAM/CPU? put together my PC myself but after about a year of no-problems it started acting funny A Figuring the problem: PSU/Mobo/RAM/CPU? few things could be the problem but I can t determine which First off I get a lot of random quot errors quot Sometimes I get no POST at all and after rebooting a few times it works fine However when it does seem to boot up like it should it freezes within a few minutes and usually a few minutes after it freezes up it automatically shuts down powers off but not always And when it doesn t freeze within the first minutes it s almost certain to shut down because of a bluescreen of death however I don t know if this could be just because my windows is corrupted because of all the random shutdowns or actually because something is causing hardware errors Another weird thing I encountered is that at some point it actually said it couldn t detect a CPU I turned the system off and on again and it gave me the same message After waiting for a while and trying again everything went fine again Now I m hoping someone has had ALL these problems together before and can tell me what exactly could be the problem at first I thought it was the motherboard but a lot of people tell me it s unlikely because of the brand and type ASUS A V-Deluxe Second I figured it could be my ram but this is also doubtfull because I ve tried both and single sticks and the problems still occur I ve also tried using another hard-disk and still no improvements So right now I m starting to think it could be my Power supply but then again it has always worked fine so it seems rather odd that it would start causing problems like this all of the sudden especially wondering if this could cause the Bluescreens Any help or input would be very appriciated nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

This will specs figuring Help of out computer with my sound silly probably even dumb but I built my own computer and need help figuring out the specs I know all the quot regular quot stuff and all the parts I put in the computer But what Help with figuring out specs of my computer I am doing is reading through a teach yourself linux book and they list certain Help with figuring out specs of my computer things you Help with figuring out specs of my computer should know about your computer before you start There are a few things I need help figuring out I am on Win XP home running a p ghz gb of ddr ram gb of total hd computer My mother board is a asus p pe My questions How do I figure out - serial port assignment com -com irqs used - parallel port assignment x irq and so on - type of pcmcia controller t for example - i o address of sound card such as x - dma vales and so on - sound card irq such as or All help appreciated Thanx nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I need some assistance with figuring out what is cauing these BSOD. Someone please help me.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 000000000BD2F7D8
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000008
BCP4: 000000000BD2F7D8
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\062913-26535-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ariel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55302-0.sysdata.xml

A:Need help figuring out what the Blue Screen is.

Please post following the instructions and someone should be able to help
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Generally 0xD1 error is driver related but cant be more specific without dump files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295608-need-help-figuring-out-what-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been doing alot of researching and reading up on the top of the line router s My guess is that everyone has their own favorite router and the same two people may have a different opinion on what s best I am going to be using my Laptop about foot away from my router and with - rooms away on the same floor I think I should be getting more than bars of signal strength with my current D Link DIR router Is the GHZ frequency of the Dual band over rated or worth getting a router that includes this Does it give you a faster transfer rate for HD Video downloads but decrease your range compared to the GHZ Does it do this be staying away from the crowded GHZ Frequency which eats up bandwidth Does any of the current wireless N cards in Laptops include GHZ frequency and is that needed to tap into this frequency Is a router with external Antenna s always going to be better for signal strength I am not too worried about the complexity of setting up a router as I what top N Router is the Figuring really the out of bunch! think I can handle that What kind of speed reduction should a wireless computer be compared to the wired connection download upload speed The USB Figuring out what N Router is really the top of the bunch! storage attachment for many devices that the WRT Linksys router includes would be a plus but not the most important factor Here are the Router s I am looking at below The positive reviews seem really good but the poor reviews are hard to get past Linksys WRT D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router DIR- LINKSYS E I would appreciate any input on my questions above or recommendations on the router s above or any other that people recommend Thanks nbsp

A:Figuring out what N Router is really the top of the bunch!

Since the power of router radio signals is limited by the FCC, one is never much better than another as far as distance is concerned. Some have options to control and increase the output power (the WRT54G, that gem of programmable routers that will even run Linux and games, for example, has third-party firmware that adds this option. The power can be increased from around 80 mw to 255 mw, increasing distance by about 3 times).

But routers are pretty simple machines and the variation between brands is not much. You're not going to see any decrease in speed with a new router over a wired connection, not noticeable before and not existent with n.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/figuring-out-what-n-router-is-really-the-top-of-the-bunch.917786/
Relevancy 42.14%

Just this morning I got the Blue Screen of Death on my new hard drive. Now when I try to use that hdd to boot with my DELL hangs on the DELL splash screen. I made my old hdd the master and it boots fine now. I can still access the new drive without any problems when booting from my old drive. I just want to know if I need to wipe the new drives XP install partition and try installing XP again on the new drive? Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

A:Need help with figuring out my Dell problem

Bump this to the top again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-figuring-out-my-dell-problem.111210/
Relevancy 42.14%

I read about Hijack This from my log file figuring out need I This. Hijack help while reading the forums and posts I downloaded it from http trendsecure com portal en-us Now I need help figuring out what to do I need help figuring out my log file from Hijack This. now What s bad and what s good etc HELP ME StartupList report AM StartupList version Started from C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS I need help figuring out my log file from Hijack This. System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Advisor bin compaq-rba exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X CMPDPSRV EXE C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup AT amp T Self Support Tool lnk C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin matcli exe -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run WCOLOREAL quot C Program Files COMPAQ Coloreal coloreal exe quot CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe CARPService carpserv exe CMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X CMPDPSRV EXE YBrowser C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe CaAvTray quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe quot CAVRID quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot My Web Search Bar rundll C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin MWSBAR DLL S MyWebSearch Email Plugin C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe autostart Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup nwiz nwiz exe install Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Compaq SetRefresh C PROGRA Compaq SETREF SetRefresh exe OptionalComponents ------------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-figuring-out-my-log-file-from-hijack-this.689421/
Relevancy 42.14%

After about 4 months of putting up with a crappy PCI video card, I've decided to upgrade my mobo to something with PCI-E. I found a nice mobo on Newegg that supports both socket 478 and PCI-E but only prescott processors. Now I'm thinking that my processor is a prescott but I want to make sure. I kept only the documentation from the processor which tells me nothing about its type, but dumped the box while cleaning a while back so I was wondering if anyone knew any programs or tricks to find out what type of processor you have in your machine (prescott, northwood, etc.)

A:Figuring out processor type?

go and download a program called CPU-Z. get it here

also everest is a good program. get home edition here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/figuring-out-processor-type.35904/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, i need help trying to figure out what is bottle necking my computer. Most games reccomend i put all graphics on ultra but my computer can't really handle ultra at all.

Just looking for some help if some one would tell me how to link my speccs that'd be great =].

On a side note i am fairly certain it's not my graphics card so going from there i would like to figure out what it is.

Relevancy 42.14%

I recently built my first new system it has a Gigabyte mobo GA-MA GPT-UD H AM Phenom II AM BE was at at crash but I still do not believe this is the problem the logs will tell more It in figuring help recent I BSOD have out May Please is back at now my OC was running multiplier nothing else Corsair gb memory CMX GX M A C running at mhz running what it is supposed to at v Zalman LED A cooler idle at - c On prime torture test hrs All OK with oc and never over c I have bit core temp to see temps ATI HD drivers seems this all started after update of video drivers from May I have help in figuring out recent BSOD Please I also have Seagate TB HDs and TD WD Green HD one of the Seagate HD's are a dynamic disk full of videos no operating system Not sure what else to tell I was reading the system nfo under errors and man seems like a bunch to me I just don't know how to read them I hope you can help Thanks stin

A:May I have help in figuring out recent BSOD Please

Quote: Originally Posted by stinman

I recently built my first new system it has a Gigabyte mobo GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3
Phenom II AM3 955 BE 3.2 was at 3.41 at crash,but I still do not believe this is the problem,the logs will tell more.It is back at 3.2 now(my OC was running 17 multiplier nothing else)
Corsair 4gb memory CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 running at 800mhz running what it is supposed to at 999 24 41 1.65 v , Zalman LED9900A cooler idle at 29 - 32c On prime95 torture test 6hrs All OK (with oc) and never over 46c, I have 64bit core temp to see temps. ATI HD4850 10.2 drivers (seems this all started after update of video drivers from 10.1)
I also have 2 Seagate 1TB HDs and 1TD WD Green HD,one of the Seagate HD's are a dynamic disk (full of videos no operating system) Not sure what else to tell

I was reading the system nfo under errors and man seems like a bunch to me.I just don't know how to read them.I hope you can help!Thanks
stin

I hate to say this but this crash was probably caused by memory corruption. see the anaylsis. I do note that the perfect disk driver was involved so it may just be perfect disk corrupting the memory.

I would remove PD just to check
re-run ram after PD is gone
run a system file check
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

Let us know the results

If you are over clocking stop

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidumps\022810-18891-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e0d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0304ae50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 28 16:17:19.850 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:31:37.130
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002e4803b, fffff88007742d00, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmGetSessionId+1b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002e4803b, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88007742d00, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MmGetSessionId+1b
fffff800`02e48... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/67426-may-i-have-help-figuring-out-recent-bsod-please.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey everybody I bought a computer and I've had it for about two or so months with Norton A V installed I recently found a program that looked strange so I had Norton scan it and it came up clean However it's name is very strange to me and makes in Need help computer figuring program out is. my what a me question what it is I can't seem to find any information on it and it does have a quot License quot although I didn't download Need help figuring out what a program in my computer is. it and it is about one page long I found it here C programfiles x IOI and contains this Button monitor application Button monitor icon LICENSE MetaDataExtractor DLL Product Text file with four lines of source code SaveFlash Application Anyone know what this is I don't remember downloading anything named IOI Norton says it's fine so I see no sense in panicking but I would like to know what this is Also I don't think spyware would be kind enough to be in a non-hidden file Thanks in advance -Lawn Gnome General If i put this in the wrong forum I apologize in advance I'm not sure where this should have gone and I'm on vista so I figured this would be a good place

A:Need help figuring out what a program in my computer is.

Hi Lawn Gnome General,

The program is Saveflash. It lets you save a video from the web (like a YouTube vid for instance) to your computer.

If you don't want it just go to add/remove programs (cut and paste this term into the Vista search) and click to uninstall it.

It seems to be clean from spyware, according to a number of different sites, but it isn't necessary so. As you aren't using it you can lose it.

Btw, spyware files and folders are not always hidden, in fact the majority show up on a HijackThis scan.

If you having problems uninstalling it then please post again.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175385/need-help-figuring-out-what-a-program-in-my-computer-is/
Relevancy 42.14%

Probably like weeks ago on a Sunday night I was playing Starcraft and my keyboard turned off so I just turned off my computer Im using a Dell m and have a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse I restarted my computer and got a blue screen of death the message was x E Ive searched so many posts and scanned my computer multiple times At first I could even get into Safe mode now I can get into safe mode I'm actually using safe mode right now Ive tried to update my drivers using drive genius professional Ive scanned i with male ware bytes and spy bot and multiple other scanners to out help BSOD fix problem figuring how this need I Ive tried a lot of different posts and none where my solution I need help figuring out how to fix this BSOD problem If this helps the bsod number it shows is x E and when it pops up on the bottom of the blue screen is says something like dumping files Windows NT BSOD jcgriff zip Is Vista - x -bit - The Original OS is windows vista Home Premium bit - It was pre-installed to the system - This computer is around years old - The OS has been installed on this computer since Ive had it and I never reinstalled it

A:I need help figuring out how to fix this BSOD problem

Have you received this error Along with the 0x8E Stop Error

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

If so you may have a Memory Related issue and In some cases a Driver Issue

Did you just install new hardware or make a change to some hardware or a hardware driver? If so, there's a very good chance that the change you made caused the STOP 0x0000008E error.

For the Time Being TEST YOUR RAM

See Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool For more Information

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283586-i-need-help-figuring-out-how-fix-bsod-problem.html
Relevancy 42.14%

this computer has been used by two user accounts up until about a month ago eliminatied one of the accounts removed unwanted programs to aid speed not too successful added firefox spybot s amp d and hijackthis ran spybot fixed errors ran hijackthis and before i try to eliminate on my own i would appreciate it if someone could look at the log and see if anything stands out thank what i some figuring help cannot eliminate can or Solved: need out so Solved: need some help figuring out what i can or cannot eliminate much it is below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files BellSouth Alert Manager BellSouthAlertManager exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Bellsouth HelpCenter bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Bellsouth HelpCenter b bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Documents and Settings Dana Only Desktop DH HiJackThis exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www bellsouth net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http services bellsouth net welcome index html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BellSouth R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO BlspcHlpr Class - C F-CB - D- A-B F E EA - C Program Files BellSouth Internet Tools blspc dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run checktime c program files HPSelect Frontend ct exe O - HKLM Run BellSouthAlertManager exe C Program Files BellSouth A... Read more

A:Solved: need some help figuring out what i can or cannot eliminate

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

The log looks fine.
You don't need a lot of that in start up. Example would be QTTask.exe:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Qttask.exe-4341.html

You can use the link to bleepingcomputer to check all of your startups and decide if you want to start them manually or leave them in startup.

You don't have to delete them and don't do it with hijackthis, use msconfig to just remove them from startup.

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - "Startup" tab.

<< Remove what you want to remove >>

Click Apply - OK afterwards, then reboot. When the SCU window appears during reboot, ignore the message. Place a checkmark in the window, then click OK.
If you decide you want something running that you have disabled just use msconfig again and uncheck the item(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-some-help-figuring-out-what-i-can-or-cannot-eliminate.699984/
Relevancy 41.71%

Its a usb connection that was like an arm that swings out from a camera ez201a smallwonder rca .. however the connection was ripped just need the type of usb connector name if anyone could help would be great thanks all.

Relevancy 41.71%

I have 2 computers, that is 2 motherboards, 2 cpus, 5 ram chips.

Both have stopped POSTing in the last week.

One following a mistake I made with plugging it in the case (the sound connectors) - I find it hard to believe it wrecked it but it was wrong and electricity is involved so heck, my bad.

The other one after changing a vga cable to a dvi cable, which seems totally impossible to me!

It's a long saga but if anyone has any
- insight as to what is likely to be wrecked and not
- advice on how to test what, which combinations are most likely to work

I would be super grateful

full story in another thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic91001.html

A:advice on figuring out what is wrong between motherboard, cpu, ram

try clearing the cmos ( either by shorting the pins or removing the battery) and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-figuring-out-what-is-wrong-between-motherboard-cpu-ram.91006/
Relevancy 41.71%

My video was randomly shutting down to the Input screen on my tv, so I checked and thought my video card was to blame. I was running with a GT240. It was reaching max heat levels. So I ordered a new one. Installed it and within an hour of using in I got a BSOD. FINALLY! An error report, problem is I don't know what I'm looking at or for. So i'm turning to the community for some assistance. My comp is about a year old or less.

The codes given after BSOD:

BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88006193CA9
BCP3: FFFFF880025296C8
BCP4: FFFFF88002528F20
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I used the system spec tool (I hope i did it right LOL)
If i'm missing anything please tell me. Hope someone can help

A:BSOD while playing games, need help figuring this one out

Welcome aboard.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88006193ca9, fffff880025296c8, fffff88002528f20}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::MarkResourcesForEviction+31 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
First you do Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX

Then download and install the latest ATI Display Driver.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257253-bsod-while-playing-games-need-help-figuring-one-out.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Original os installed on the system
oem it came with the laptop
Hardware is about 2 years old
Original OS install

Errors that pop up during BSOD

1) Page fault in non paged area

2)0x0000001e

I have had this issue ever since i bought the laptop. I bought new high performance ram because one of the sticks that came with the laptop errored out on memtest. I since installed the new memory a year and a half ago and ran memtest on all modules and no errors. I even removed each stick and ran memtest on each stick individually and have no errors. This is something that usually happens when the system is running a lot of programs but also sometimes it just happens at random. I was thinking it had something to do with heat but i really don't have any idea. I would really appreciate any help as it is something that is very frustrating.

A:Reoccurring BSOD - need help figuring it out, i'm at a loss.

Your crashes indicate memory problems or a device driver conflict.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

An underlying driver may be incompatible\conflicting with your system. Run Driver Verifier to find any issues. To run Driver Verifier, do the following:a. Backup your system and user files
b. Create a system restore point
c. If you do not have a Windows 7 DVD, Create a system repair disc
d. In Windows 7:Click the Start Menu
Type verifier in Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click verifier and click Run as administrator
Put a tick in Create custom settings (for code developers) and click next
Put a tick in Select individual settings from a full list and click next
Set up the individual settings as in the image and click next
Attachment 210259
Put a tick in Select driver names from a list
Put a tick next to all non-Microsoft drivers.
Click Finish.
Restart your computer.

If Windows cannot start in normal mode with driver verifier running, start in safe mode. If it cannot start in safe mode or normal mode, restore the system restore point using System Restore OPTION TWO.

Thanks to zigzag3143 for contributing to the Verifier steps.
If you are unable to start Windows with all drivers being verified or if the blue screen crashes fail to create .dmp files, run them in groups of 5 or 10 until you find a group that causes blue screen crashes and stores the blue screen .dmp files. The idea with Verifier is to cause the system to crash, so do the things you normally do that cause crashes. After you have a few crashes, upload the crash reports for us to take a look and try to find patterns.

When you are ready to disable Verifier: Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:verifier /reset-> Restart your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228057-reoccurring-bsod-need-help-figuring-out-im-loss.html
Relevancy 41.71%

In a nutshell, I've had massive computer virus problems for some time that I haven't been able to fully get rid of through various methods. The other day I used SpySweeper, and discovered that I had not only lots of random adware and spyware junk (which I expected), but also a system monitoring program called Spy 007. SpySweeper did quarantine it, but now I'm wondering if there's some way of figuring out the source of this apparent keylogger, how and when it got on my computer, etc. I've futzed around in SS and can't find anything that would give me that information. Any ideas? My computer is an HP Pavilion running Windows XP.

Thanks in Advance!!

Tasha

A:Need help figuring out source of monitoring spyware

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Sorry for the shameless bump of my own post, but I'm really desperate to figure this out. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-figuring-out-source-of-monitoring-spyware.387207/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am wondering if there is a way to figure out how to find out whether you have an AGP slot or not WITHOUT opening the PC. Also, I want to know what kind of RAM my computer has WITHOUT opening the PC. I do know that it the computer came with 256MB DDR SDRAM memory running at 333Mhz, but not exactly sure what kind of memory to buy. Can anyone help me?

A:Figuring out slots/ports in computer

Programs such as Everest Home Edition: http://www.lavalys.com/products/ove...p?pid=1&lang=en

and Aida32: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

give you a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking programs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/figuring-out-slots-ports-in-computer.269935/
Relevancy 41.71%

dell inspiron 1501 wireless router question

HI all,

My son was given a laptop from someone moving. I am trying to set him up with a wifi system. He is 13 but it could come in handy for school. I am not sure if the laptop came with a wireless router. I have been told if it did I just need to buy a usb wireless adapter and everything should work. I know the system is vista.

Laptop is Dell Inspiron 1501. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

JT

Relevancy 41.71%

I have connected multiple monitors before The usual way was to connect one monitor to VGA port and help Need connections multi-monitor figuring out the other to DVI port Now I got video card that has DVI HDMI and display port connections only And I got two monitors One only Need help figuring out multi-monitor connections has VGA port and the other has DVI and VGA ports I thought of using a DVI splitter cable but was told that the two monitors would simply be mirrored Which isn t what I want I was also told that even if I get an adapter for HDMI port to DVI the monitors would be mirrored still Even though one monitor would be connected through DVI port and the other through HDMI Is this true Doesn t seem to be I think I had a dual monitor setup once where I connected one to HDMI and the other to DVI without them being mirrored The only option it seems is for me to get a display port splitter Am I right Before I am gonna get told to get a different monitor This ones work just fine for me In fact the one with only VGA port does x resolution Believe it or not it is HD Thanks nbsp

A:Need help figuring out multi-monitor connections

You need to find out if your card is capable of supplying VGA signaling. If I'm not mistaken the DVI port, is the only port capable of supplying VGA signaling. If your card does not supply VGA signaling, you will need to purchase a VGA to DVI/HDMI converter box or a new DVI/HDMI monitor.

If you are unsure of whether your card supports VGA signaling, post which card you have and we can look it up for you.

If the DVI port is the only port that supplies VGA signaling, you will need to use a DVI to VGA adapter for the VGA monitor.
Then use a HDMI to DVI converter to connect the DVI monitor to the HDMI port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-multi-monitor-connections.185808/
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer has been crashing within the first minutes constantly sometimes longer When it freezes no BSOD appears and the screen just computer to causing is out Figuring what crash freezes pointer doesn t move and task manager won t open Completely immobilized I think the issue may be either a Overheating -On idle with no processes going just started up the CPU temps are C average When playing any game it rises to C to even C -If it s always been like this then for the past hours of gaming it s been running at this heat b Incorrect Figuring out what is causing computer to crash installation of OS -When I installed Figuring out what is causing computer to crash Windows these problems started happening that eventually lead to where I am now Started to get BSOD really laggy internet constantly DC d etc But then after I updated all the drivers and the BIOS it stopped for a while then this started -When I installed it I formatted my HDD causing the installation not to work because I used the upgrade version not the clean install I had to call Microsoft and I resolved the issue by them giving me a new code So how should I go about this to figure out what is causing the problems Or is one choice more logical than the other I can t really post any symptoms because nothing is showing up like BSOD If I can provide any other information please let me know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Need help figuring this one out!

I've gotten this error 3 times now: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt".

First i thought it was the MB which caused it but it didn't help when i changed it (from a Via to Nforce2).

I then realized that the problem had only started after i changed my graphicscard from a Geforce 2 mx to a Ati 9600se. I changed them back and now everything is working ok again.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem with the Ati-card can be?

Thanks

Robert

- Thread title edited
Didou

A:Windows error message (Need help figuring this one out!)

First of all :wave:Welcome To TechSpot!:wave:

Have you uninstalled all the old Nvidia drivers and run a cleaner before installing the ATI card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-error-message-need-help-figuring-this-one-out.15192/
Relevancy 41.71%

It's the modders eternal question...

Should I spend the afternoon overclocking the CPU, or do I need more RAM, or is my hard drive the real limiter?

For gaming the formula is usually pretty straightforward: make sure you have enough RAM (usually not a factor), then it's all about the graphics card first and CPU second.

I use PCMark alot, but I want to learn more from others.

So: how would you determine what the best place to start upgrading performance is?

For a twist let's assume that it isn't all about the graphics (so optimize around Office or "typical" use). Or just talk about your favorite Benmarking programs. (Incidentally I DON'T recommend PCMark despite using it. I'm kind of unhappy with it and it isn't free so I don't want others buying it because I mentioned it).

A:Best tools for figuring out what component is limiting you?

dark green said:

It's the modders eternal question...

Should I spend the afternoon overclocking the CPU, or do I need more RAM, or is my hard drive the real limiter?

For gaming the formula is usually pretty straightforward: make sure you have enough RAM (usually not a factor), then it's all about the graphics card first and CPU second.

I use PCMark alot, but I want to learn more from others.

So: how would you determine what the best place to start upgrading performance is?

For a twist let's assume that it isn't all about the graphics (so optimize around Office or "typical" use). Or just talk about your favorite Benmarking programs. (Incidentally I DON'T recommend PCMark despite using it. I'm kind of unhappy with it and it isn't free so I don't want others buying it because I mentioned it).Click to expand...

You HDD is usually something thats NOT the limiter in performance. The MAIN limiters are the graphics card, CPU, RAM and the motherboard your using.

Finding out what is the limiter can be as simple as knowing what your components are capable of, and it can be as hard as having to tweak every little setting until you figure out which component is limiting you.

What is this for exactly. Your own PC. if yes, than please list your PC specs so I can determine what is or could be the limiting component of your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-tools-for-figuring-out-what-component-is-limiting-you.101538/