Windows Support Forum

How to enable RTC alarm on my Intel desktop board D102GGC2

Q: How to enable RTC alarm on my Intel desktop board D102GGC2

I want to turn on my PC automatically during late hours so that I can do some downloads and maintenance works on my PC automatically!!
But I cant find an option for RTC alarm enabling in this BIOS!!
Whats wrong with this Mobo?

Will any one help me?
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to enable RTC alarm on my Intel desktop board D102GGC2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.51%

Box art and pricing for Intel's upcoming Skylake K processors have leaked onto the web ahead of its official launch. Some sellers in Australia are even getting a jumpstart, offering both the Core i5-6600K and the Core i7-6700K as of...

Read more

A:Intel 'Skylake' pricing and box art hit the web ahead of official launch

Got tired of waiting and bought 4690k months ago. Giving todays exchange rate, paid exactly $230+VAT. Probably saved some on DDR3 vs DDR4, maybe s1151 MOBOs will be also more expensive on release, while You can buy s1150 on sales and specials. What I don't get is the sentence: 'If so, what CPU are you upgrading from or are you building an entirely new PC from scratch?'? It's not like You can upgrade just Skylake, have to basically build a new PC: CPU, MOBO, RAM. If You play building your PC, rest is usually left over from previous builds.
Relevancy 24.51%

Intel is gearing up to release their next-generation Skylake processors as early as next week, but before they've been able to release any official information, a set of benchmarks detailing the flagship Skylake CPU's performance have leaked onto the web.

Read more

A:Intel 'Skylake' Core i7-6700K performance reportedly revealed

No surprises here. Keep Calm and Carry On... Strong dollar and no sensible impovements in IPC, that's gonna be even tougher year for PC manufacturers.
Relevancy 23.65%

Intel and Micron held a joint press conference earlier today to announce a breakthrough memory technology called 3D Xpoint (pronounced 3D crosspoint) that's up to 1,000 times faster (read speeds) than today's NAND, features 1,000 times better endurance and is...

Read more

A:Intel and Micron announce 3D Xpoint, a new memory technology that's 1,000 times faster than NAND

I hope this really brings about the death of the hard drive. And it can't come soon enough.

Gimme a 1 TB Xpoint SSD that doesn't break the bank and I'm sold.
Relevancy 24.94%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a little problem here. I have that intel in my pc right now and I found that pentium in a pc at my father work and now my question is:
Which is better for my pc? My motherboard suport pentium 4 soo I want to know which is better. Thanx.
Relevancy 18.92%

While Intel has dominated the high-performance CPU market for years, AMD continues to provide value to those on a budget with their reasonably attractive range of APUs. Today, the company has announced a new APU, the A8-7670K, that slots into...

Read more

A:AMD launches another desktop APU, the A8-7670K

This is so ho-hum. When are AMD gonna release some real boy racer stuff?
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi Could anyone please confirm if I buy Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, will I be able to install this on my desktop? Just looks like it only fits for laptops?

Thank you

A:Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, want to install on desktop

There are adapters available if the drive doesn't come with them packaged. The adapters adapt from 3.5" drive bay to 2.5" drive bay.
Relevancy 24.08%

For the past ten years, Intel has successfully managed to shrink the manufacturing process for their CPUs every two years. However, with each shrink of the process node there are complications to deal with, which is why Intel has announced...

Read more

A:Intel delays 10nm process to 2017, will release a third 14nm CPU family

I think this will be better in the long run. maybe amd will play catch up and cpu prices will become more affordable.
Relevancy 24.08%

Intel has led the desktop processor market for the last decade, dominating in price and performance nearly without challenge since the introduction of the Core 2 chips in 2006. However, as of late the challenges of improving silicon chips has...

Read more

A:Intel's 10nm 'Cannonlake' delayed, replaced by 14nm 'Kaby Lake'

"Devil's canyon" take two
Relevancy 24.51%

According to MSI and Biostar representatives on the Computex 2015 show floor, speaking to PC Gamer, motherboards that feature Intel's new Z170 chipset will become available this August.

Read more

A:Intel Skylake-supporting Z170 motherboards coming in August

It better come with Thunderbolt 3 included, if they want to attract PC enthusiasts.

On a related subject, this new Thunderbolt 3 isn't as good as we hoped...

Thunderbolt 3 also includes an update to the DisplayPort side of matters, though likely not what everyone has been expecting. With the increase in bandwidth, Thunderbolt 3 is able to carry twice as much video data as before. However Intel is not implementing the latest version of DisplayPort ? DisplayPort 1.3 ? in to the Thunderbolt 3 standard. Instead they are doubling up on DisplayPort 1.2, expanding the number of equivalent DisplayPort lanes carried from 4 to 8, essentially allowing one Thunderbolt 3 cable to carry 2 full DisplayPort 1.2 connections. The end result is that Thunderbolt 3 will not be able to drive the kind of next-generation displays DisplayPort 1.3 is geared towards ? things like 8K displays and 5K single-tile displays ? but it will be able to drive anything 1 or 2 DisplayPort 1.2 connections can drive today, including multiple [email protected] monitors or 5K multi-tile displays.Click to expand...

So, basically, they had all the opportunity to have DisplayPort 1.3 included, but decided not to. That is just wrong... It won't even support a single-tile 5K screen. And if so, then what good is it, really?
Relevancy 22.36%

Lenovo is the latest PC maker to join the budding PC-on-a-stick movement. The company on Tuesday announced the Ideacentre Stick 300, a wallet-friendly compute stick suitable for use in multiple scenarios.

Read more

A:Lenovo undercuts Intel's Compute Stick with cheaper Ideacentre Stick 300

It's too bad HDMI couldn't supply the power.
Relevancy 42.14%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.
Relevancy 23.65%

Integrated graphics solutions won't get you far when it comes to gaming, but they've evolved to the point that you can actually get decent frame rates in relatively modern games with the right graphics settings. Looking to remove some of...

Read more

A:Intel launches website to help gamers on integrated graphics get a boost in gaming performance

So they're teaching you how to move all the sliders to the left? ^___^
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp
Relevancy 41.71%

A leaked Intel roadmap tipped us off in January that desktop versions of Intel's Broadwell CPU would arrive by the middle of this year. We now know that information to be true.

Read more

A:Intel: overclocker-friendly 14nm desktop Broadwell CPUs to arrive by mid-year

Sounds exciting, I'll wait for that to hit the shelfs.
Relevancy 29.24%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.
Relevancy 18.92%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.
Relevancy 24.94%

At Computex 2015, Intel has announced Thunderbolt 3, a new iteration of the company's high bandwidth hardware interface. And for the first time, Intel has ditched Thunderbolt's proprietary connector, instead opting to funnel everything through the soon-to-be-ubiquitous USB Type-C connector.

Read more

A:Intel launches Thunderbolt 3, will use USB Type-C connector

Can I mention this is f*cking epic!
Relevancy 18.06%

I don't really know a lot about upgrading my computer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

A:Budget upgrade for HP/Compaq Presario CQ5000 Series Desktop CQ5802

I forgot to mention I am trying to make it run games like CS:GO and DayZ at a reasonable level.
Relevancy 18.92%

I currently own a dell XPS 8300 with the following specs:

Processor: i7 2600 3.4 ghz quad core
RAM: 12 gb
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
PSU: 460W
I am a computer science student and plan on using unreal engine 4 for some game development. I also plan to do some gaming over the next 4 months.

What do you guys think I need to upgrade, if at all? I don't want to spend too much money, I recently received a $75 gift card for best buy and would prefer to use that towards my purchase.

What do you guys think of the following:

ZOTAC GeForce 750 Ti 2GB

Diamond Radeon R7 250 OC 1GB GDDR5

Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?
Relevancy 24.51%

Good news on the consumer solid state drive front as storage capacity is expected to ramp up dramatically in the coming months thanks to a partnership between Intel and Micron.

Read more

A:New flash technology from Intel, Micron will soon spawn 10TB SSDs

Will believe it when I see it but it sounds freaking awesome!
Relevancy 24.94%

Intel's Compute Stick, the impossibly small computer crammed inside an HDMI dongle, is now available for pre-order running your choice of Windows 8.1 or Linux (Ubuntu 14.04).

Read more

A:Intel's tiny Compute Stick PC is now available for pre-order

I like it.
Relevancy 24.51%

It has been rumored that there will only be a short gap between the launch of Intel's socketed Broadwell and Skylake CPUs for desktop systems, and as such, the company will only launch two LGA 1150 Broadwell-based CPUs onto the...

Read more

A:Intel reportedly releasing just two socketed Broadwell CPUs

It often makes you wonder why push Broadwell now, when Haswell has a lot of traction and it's a few months to Skylake. They also included some BGA in the mix for other devices, but pushing a desktop chip seems a bit odd. Given the few months in between them and people unlikely, to drop Haswell unless for lower power systems.

All in all it's negligible power savings, we'd need to obviously see how the integrated graphics fair. It might be a solution for some people, but obviously not everyone is going to see it as a huge importance. It's kinda amusing to me because, I'm looking to replace my mobo / CPU right now. I'd likely sit and wait for Skylake, simply because I'd only be wanting to buy one upgrade. Upgrading is a low priority right now anyways, so there's less inclination to spend right away.
Relevancy 24.51%

One feature of Intel's chipsets that hasn't changed much over the past few years, even for the enthusiast X-series chips, is the amount and speed of the PCI Express lanes provided. Most chipsets, including the latest Z97 and X99 models,...

Read more

A:Intel's Skylake chipsets will reportedly feature upgraded PCIe

I was wondering when they were going to address this.

This was a major handicap on the Haswell E platform.
Relevancy 18.92%

I would like to get gaming desktop computer and would like to know if Alienware would for get compute to I like under gaming $650 desktop or computer from Dell or Dell Alienware is good way to go or not Are mini computers like from Alienware or from Dell good for gaming http www dell com us p alienware-x -r pd aspx Are these Alienware or mini computers good for gaming Or is full desktop tower better I was thinking of buying computer of ebay Looks like it may be good computer http www ebay com itm AMD-Quad-Co pt LH DefaultDomain amp hash item b d But I think it may be build computer kit You have to put the computer together Buying computer from Best buy you are stuck with brand name computer like Acer or Gateway being very cheap and low budget computers or HP or Asus better and more costly computers I would like to get gaming desktop compute for under $650 CyberPowerPC and iBUYPOWER Gamerner PC both over price and not reliable computer lots of lots hardware problems I would like to get gaming desktop compute for under $650 and outdated Well build computer kits are good but you have to put it together and you get no software and windows does not come with it And Best buy office place business depot or target computers are over price and like years old Not sure if I should go for a full tower or mini tower The computer will be hooked up to my big TV for gaming I will also be doing some video editing and sound editing too and some basic Microsoft office apps Some games will be The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Dark Souls Witcher Dragon Age II Divinity II Diablo Mass Effect Far Cry Risen Fallout Grand Theft Auto and Doom so on The budget no more than Is Dell Alienware or ebay a better way to go nbsp
Relevancy 24.94%

It s going to be interesting I ve heard so much contrasting information about Intel Vs AMD I m curious as heck to see which is better So Former Rig Haf Mid Tower AMD Running at stock- could not overclock this Probably because my Watt PS couldn t take the voltage Noctua NH-D Gigabyte FXA-Ud AMD Radeon Gamer Ram mhz Twin Asus Gtx- Not TI GB Evo My four year old Watt PS just could not take that much voltage so I decided that if I m going to replace the PS I might as well replace the case Hey and if I have to do all that work I might as well Sidewise Grade to Intel Mother Board and CPU I changed my Ram for Two reasons st on a benchmark it came in as very slow nd AS-Rock compatibiliy page had the G Skill Trident mhz Ram as the only compatible gb mhz chip Sure enough XMP Profile recognised it as a mhz chip No Problem So they say in for a penny in for a pound Sent the Ram back to Amazon for Refund and my Do rig-Which 9590 my Shootout Think Intel Win? Will Verse AMD new on You 4820 CPU is on Ebay Auction right now bidding is up to hopefully by Sunday it ll be in the low to mid range So I Intel AMD 9590 Verse 4820 Shootout on my new rig-Which Do You Think Will Win? won t take a really big beating I chose the because I hope that my SLI Video Cards running in PCI- mode would be better utilized by this CPU It also has a reputation as a overclocking beast So far I can get a stable OC to New Rig AreoCool - Awesome Case Cubular Intel K Ivy As Rock Extreme G Skill Trident mhz ram Twin GTX- EVGA Supernova Watt PS Gb Evo So far the Intel seems to run smoother but the verdict is not in yet Amazingly enough Windows accepted my upgrade and I didn t have to reinstalll Problem is that I have years of garbage in that system also stuff left over from the AMD so last night I backed everything up and did a fresh install of Windows Rock and Roll Out with the old and in with the new Anyone have a prediction about which will be the better performer I have a few different Benchmarking Utilities including Passmark and Furmark I ll post the performance as soon as I get done with my testing nbsp

A:Intel AMD 9590 Verse 4820 Shootout on my new rig-Which Do You Think Will Win?

The reason you can't overclock your 9590 is because your motherboard has weak VRMs and VRM cooling. Also if you have a revision3 board that might be why too.
The 4820k is a far far superior CPU not sure where you'd get any conflicting information.
And no your FX9590 is certainly not holding back SLI 660.
BTW furmark is a gpu test.
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everyone. I am a 3D arch viz artist, using 3Ds Max + Vray render. I am looking for additional render power.

My budget is around 2.000 Euros, so I was considering 2 options:

A guy is selling a HP DL580 G7 server, which includes 32 GB ram and 4x Xeon E7540 2 GHz (6-core CPU, based on Nehalem), which is a total of 24 cores / 48 threads.

For the same money, I could buy a 5960X system or 2 systems running a Core i7 4790 CPUs. The hardware in my country is a bit more expensive when compared to USA / EU.

I can't find any benchmarks for the E7540 CPUs, so I am not sure if 4xE7540 would outperform 2 modern 4-core Core i7 CPUs (like the 4790K). That would be 24cores vs 8 cores / 48 threads vs 16 threads.

Vray render uses all of the available CPU cores, no limit there.

A:4 x Xeon E7540 vs Intel 5960X

The 5960X system, if for the same money would be the best buy.
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all. Simple question.
Would a Intel Q9550 Quad core CPU be worth the $100(AUD) I can get one for, over my current CPU?
I know my rigs old but shes all ive got for now until I built one from scratch in about 2 years time.
Uses are web,email, gaming, some photo editing, storing/opening manuals/catalogues and some 3D work such as google sketch ect....Any/all help appreciated.
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX (LGA775)
VS248 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group)
ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device
PSU Silverstone 500w SST-ST50F-230

A:Intel Q9550 worth $100 (AUD)?

The Q9550 is still a solid quad core CPU, especially in comparison to the E7500 which is a bit anaemic thanks to its 3MB L2 cache (the Q9550 of course is blessed with 12MB). If completion time is a priority for content creation then it does represent a decent upgrade for your system.

I wouldn't recommend any overclocking adventures with that board though. While virtually any Q9550 (especially the E0 revision) runs at 400 FSB ( 3.4GHz) or better with anything above the stock cooler, the power draw goes up fairly markedly also, so stability is very dependant upon the voltage regulation of the board and the PSU's capacity.
Relevancy 25.37%

Good day Sir/Madam;

Hi! I got a problem with my pc when starting it because it beeps 3 times, so I tried to removed the cmos battery, memory and the hardrive and return it again but still it beeps. what should I need to do,Hope you will help me regarding this problem. thanks a lot.
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi friends I just recently upgraded my desktop with a bunch of what I thought was great parts (over $1000.00) to make my editing life more enjoyable, well I'm shocked to find out after testing both the same projects on both my laptop and newly upgraded desktop ,my laptop rendered the project faster than my big desktop, I'm just wondering why. I was expecting my desktop to render the project twice as fast!
Here are the specs on my laptop and desktop computers, can anyone explain to me why my laptop was faster. I used Corel VideoStudio ProX7 on both test.

A:Desktop verses laptop

It shouldn't. Maybe there's something wrong with your hard drives. But there's no way the laptop should beat your desktop.
Relevancy 70.95%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".
Relevancy 24.94%

I m kind of obsessed with fps on Will cod intel on i3 3240 core ghosts? bottleneck 760, the gtx my games and on wow with vertical sync I get steady fps but sometimes it goes to and when goldshire is packed it goes to like when theres alot of people I ve ordered the Intel Core i - K GHz Ivybridge will games be much better with this upgrade I also got gb of ram azrock z extreme mobo corsair w power supply need to upgrade that too for overclocking right now im running cod ghosts well enough for it not to affect Will intel core i3 3240 bottleneck the gtx 760, on cod ghosts? my gameplay probably but I m aiming for constant fps so my pc beats ps and xbone I sold my ps graphics card is this one http www kfa com hof shtml I think it s best on the market massive card and seems like it has nice overclocking capabilities but I cant overclock because of my powersupply maybe my powersupply could be bottlenecking even without overclock I m having suspicious thoughts that my mobo is a bit disfunctional cuz when I swap ram slot and put gb stick of ram on A slot and the other one in B my pc wont start initial boot process overall im happy with my new system tbh Here is my system specs KFA GeForce GTX HOF MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card NPH DT KXZ ASRock Z Extreme Intel Z Socket DDR Motherboard Intel Core i - GHz Ivybridge Socket LGA Processor W - Retail Kingston HyperX Blu GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit KHX C D B K GX Western Digital Caviar Blue TB SATA Gb s MB Cache WD EZEX - OEM Single Platter HDD Corsair Builder Series CX w Modular Plus Bronze Power Supply CP- -UK Corsair Carbide R Compact ATX Case - Black CC- -WW Cooler Master Hyper Evo CPU Cooler Antec Formula Nano Diamond Thermal Compound NVIDIA PROMOTION WATCHDOGS Special Edition PC Game - Email Download View your codes here DHL Worldwide Express VAT Order Total Thanks guys Chris I don t pay VaT where I live but since this is like one of the only sites that ship to where im from the shipping goes up so it s nearly same price as if I were to pay vat with no shipping Just seen a review on my psu someones complaining that it pulls back gpus or something AvoidFirstly not to complain about OCuk they ve already replaced my first unit no questions asked Currently on my second CX M soon to be third - and hopefully different PSU This particular model seems to suffer horrendously with coil whine under GPU loading Incredibly disappointed with Corsair quality control The unit buzzes when the machine is turned off and really ramps up to varying frequencies and amplitudes under gaming loads Avoid at all costs If like me your stuck with a size constraint of mm thro case restrictions then really do look elsewhere nbsp

A:Will intel core i3 3240 bottleneck the gtx 760, on cod ghosts?

Relevancy 24.94%

So I built my system using this SSD caching It works really well My hard drive is terrabyte and my Cache drive is a gig ssd Lately while a Intel Storage Rapid Technology question.. playing Star Wars the Old repubic I have been freezing Intel Rapid Storage Technology a question.. in game This freezing completely locks the computer I run Teamspeak and I can still push to talk and my friends can still talk and I can talk to them via this during the freeze What is odd is Cnt alt delete will not bring up the control panel to allow me to kill the game I am just stuck Normally I would say this is a Video driver issue I did cleanly reinstall the latest Nvidia driver and this will still occur sometimes Now when I disable RST I never get the problem I can play and play and play When I reactivate RST to maximized I can still play but its like a timer After about or days the Freeze will happen So my RST question is has the driver been updated since when I built my computer and is it possible to update this driver now without having to re-install Windows and all my programs If I am left with having to re-install I am likely to just fork over the money and just buy a gig SSD and keep Windows and or of my favorite games on it and use the Terrabyte drive for Music videos and storage nbsp

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology a question..

Yep, there's 2013 versions for Win7.®+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel®+RST)
Relevancy 18.92%

I have tried to fix a mates sony vaio's hdd issue. Re installed windows, and it boots fine from my pc. When I put it back into the laptop it doesn't boot. gives a blue screen with some writing on for a split second, then nothing - black screen....

Any ideas?

A:HDD will read in desktop but not laptop

Are both the same version of Windows? Win/7 & 8 don't like XP or Vista boot environments
Relevancy 19.35%

Looking to build a new computer with the maximum price of $2,000
I need:

Run any game smoothly
Windows 8+ compatibility
nvidia graphics
Thanks for any recommendations.

A:New Gaming Desktop

I made this:
Relevancy 19.35%

I need help in assembling a desktop, the specs are core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD. please help me with other components and its exact specs. thanks

A:Assembling a desktop PC
Relevancy 29.67%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a new machine, basically to work with VM Workstation, but I'm wanting to know if there is more to this machine by tweaking it or should I just leave it as it is?

A:New Intel Core i7 4820k potential

I would leave it as is, there is no reason to have that much extra performance on the chip if your doing VM workstation stuff. You can overclock it if you want so long as you have a decent cooler attached, but I do not see a reason for you to do it.
Relevancy 29.67%

As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?
Relevancy 25.8%

I would like to ask anyone about these processors because I want to build my own PC for office needs editing and I don't know where to start I wanted also a triple monitor setup so I can manage my editing :3 don't know what specs to choose everything can someone help me any suggestions will be great helpThanks

A:Intel & AMD

To start: Do you have a budget in mind for this build? If so how much can you spend? What Software will you be using for editing? Do you need help on building the whole system or just which processor to choose?
Both AMD and Intel have positives and negatives. We here can help you as much as possible, but you have to give us some more information first.
Relevancy 18.92%

After dismantling this pc ,
I'm left with the Monitor & decided to see if it would work on my Vista Vaio laptop & it does.
BUT, I don't need the same thing on both screens (laptop too) & I ignorantly ignored the instrctions on how to make it external monitor only. The external monitor is a Compaq Q1859. I will bookmark this thread & will also need to know how to reverse it if need be down the road, thank you.

A:Compaq Desktop monitor on a laptop

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys,

Just signed up although I have been following these forums for a few weeks now

Just after some advice. Basically I have the FX-8350 but I'm looking at switching to Intel (specifically the 4770k) as I've been told it's better for the GPUs I have, currently running dual-290x setup. Someone said the 8350 causes a lot of bottlenecking and that I would get a lot more out of them if I switched to the 4770k? Can anyone attest to that?

A:Switching to Intel

The 8350 is more than enough. The i7 could gain you a few frames per second (FPS) depending on the game (somewhere from 5 FPS to as much as 15 FPS). I would keep the 8350 until more attractive CPU options come out like Haswell-E or the next generation of AMD FX CPUs or even the 5th generation of Intel's i7.

The reason I am saying this is because the 8350, while it may not perform as well as the 4770K (not by much), the 8350 completely serves your needs and there is no need to upgrade to a 4770K at this moment since it wont bring you that much of an improvement.

I hope this helps.

Relevancy 25.37%

I have enabled RAID on my HDD and in the BIOS and finally put in a SSD 120gb that works. Now I don't know how to actually run the Intel Rapid Storage utility that I did do once before.

I downloaded the files from Microsoft but like so many Windows 7 (64-bit) files there's no instruction of where to put them. A self installation would've been handy.

So does anyone know how to set up IRS inside Windows 7? It's something to do with Administrative Tools but there's nothing showing in that menu when I go to Disk Management.

Sounds simple but everyone seems to assume you set this thing up automatically.

This is the setup as it shows from boot up.

I managed to find the setup program on this link®+RST)&lang=eng

After reboot I now get a separate Intel Rapid Storage Technology item on my menu but I can't see any command to accelerate the main C: drive using the SSD.

Anything I need to do extra?

A:Intel Rapid Storage

I now get this screen using the program:

You can see it's BLANK!

What am I doing wrong as there are no commands to accelerate the main HDD?
Relevancy 18.49%

This is For a Parts Buying Desktop Building Gaming my first time to build a computer so I want to know if Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop the parts I m getting are good with each other and could say run battlefield and assassins creed on high or ultra and run a skyrim modded to hell with a good enb Here s the parts I Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop have selected so far Case http www newegg com Product Produc E Monitor http www newegg com Product Produc Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop E DVD Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Network Adapter http www newegg com Product Produc E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Sound Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Keyboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Memory http www newegg com Product Produc E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Produc E Int SSD http www newegg com Product Produc E Thermal Compound http www newegg com Product Produc E Desk Decoration http www newegg com Product Produc SIA Y can t resist the Tali man And also I m a little confused on the SSD and HDD deal I was customizing a pc on maingear to just get some bearings on what I needed and they had a gb SSD as a caching drive and a T HDD as the main drive But I also heard that you want SSD as your main because its faster What is a caching drive and what difference will it make nbsp

A:Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop

Don't get Velociraptor. Get a 1TB WD Black instead.
Caching drive: uses the HDD for files, but stores commonly-accessed stuff on the SSD.
For best performance, get an SSD and use it for OS and core productivity programs. Then store games/media/documents on the HDD.
Don't need additional LAN card.
Why are you buying an additional audio card? It's nice, but your mobo comes with a decent one to begin with.
It's probably cheaper to get TWO dual-channel 2x 8GB RAM kits, instead of the quad-channel one.
Maybe spend a little more on CPU cooler, since you're getting the top GPU too. May I suggest a ~$100 all-in-one water cooling kit.
120GB SSDs are better value these days.
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Have a new Dell XPS th gen i The motherboard is Intel Series C - Z I have one TB Seagate drive which has Windows on it and two WD active but 1 see does RAID it? not Rapid Storage Intel TB internal hard drives I formatted both WDs and selected RAID in BIOS I selected the WD HDs to create a RAID array with CTRL I Windows didn t recognize them so I went to disk management and created a simple volume The volume was formatted not quick format and now it shows as Healthy Partition I guess it is ready to use because now Windows Explorer RAID 1 active but Intel Rapid Storage does not see it? shows it as one HD TB in size My question is Intel Rapid Storage keeps popping up the you may have an issue with your hardware I go take a look at it and the only drives that are shown are the original TB system drive and the DVD drive No sign of RAID 1 active but Intel Rapid Storage does not see it? the RAID volume I hit refresh but it does not show up I go to System Report and all HDs show up What do you think is happening How can I have Rapid Storage show the RAID volume I already updated Rapid Storage to the latest version Thank you in advance Below is what the System Report shows System Report System Information OS name Microsoft Windows OS version System name WINDOWS-U I N System manufacturer Dell Inc System model XPS Processor GenuineIntel Intel Family Model Stepping GHz BIOS Dell Inc A Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Information Kit installed User interface version Language English United States Driver version ISDI version Storage System Information Controller name Intel R Series C Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Type SATA Mode AHCI Number of SATA ports Number of volumes Volume Volume Number of spares Number of available disks Rebuild on Hot Plug Disabled Manufacturer Model number Product revision Direct attached disk Z D P XK Direct attached disk WD-WMAWP Direct attached disk WD-WMAWP Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk Yes Disk data cache Enabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model ST DM - CH Serial number Z D P XK SCSI device ID Firmware CC Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk No Disk data cache Disabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model WDC WD FAEX- BA Serial number WD-WMAWP SCSI device ID Firmware D Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk No Disk data cache Disabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model WDC WD FAEX- BA Serial number WD-WMAWP SCSI device ID Firmware D Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes ATAPI device on Controller Port Location type Internal SATA transfer rate Gb s Model TSSTcorp DVD -RW SH- DB Serial number S Q YBD ANS Firmware D nbsp
Relevancy 18.92%

Would it be possible to use a dell poweredge 1850 as a desktop computer?

A:Using Dell Poweredge 1850 as desktop?

Its a computer so yea you can, you can install a normal windows version on it and run it as a basic computer. I had a family member who bought a cheap server from dell and did the exact same thing just because it was cheaper at the moment than the desktop options (It was a pretty low end machine).
Relevancy 25.8%

My friend is building a desktop he has no budget for a gpu but he plans to add it in the future so should I suggest him intel i3 or look for amd a6 which will help in gaming better when added a gpu in future.

A:Intel i3 or amd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just answer your own question?
Relevancy 19.35%

I apologize in advance for the annoying noob question.

I just moved into my brother's old house. I have misgivings about the electrical outlets and the wiring in the place. I lost my old AVR during the move. Now I have to buy a new one.

I've got a Corsair AX1200 PSU installed in my aging machine. Will a 1500W AVR suffice? Should I get something bigger?

I don't do any heavy computing at all. All I do is work on MS Word documents, play games and surf the web. I might lay down a few tracks and record a little music sometimes. But that's it.

A:AVR for my desktop PC

1500 w should be more than adequate. While the PSU is rated 1200 w, how much wattage does it actually use normally? Do you plan on plugging other devices to the AVR (monitor, router, etc.)? I don't have an AVR, I do have a UPS w/ AVR. Maybe something to consider if the wiring is iffy.
Relevancy 29.67%

After my brother sprayed it with glass laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.
Relevancy 25.37%

Well, many of you may already be aware of this, but intel has built a backdoor into every vpro processor since ivy bridge and the possibilities can be both useful(fixing tech problems remotely)and sickening(feds framing you with files of incrimination by adding them to your hard drive while off)or maybe(a hacker takes over your computer) and of course industrial sabotage . If you care for personal privacy then you might want to read up. ​

A:Intel hardware backdoor

Does this only apply to the vpro enterprise processors?
Relevancy 19.35%

I want to build a gaming desktop and I also would like some oppinions about what I am looking at the moment. I have an idea, because I made my search and found some cool stuff here, but I want to discuss it with you guys to have some oppinions about what it would be my gaming rid.
I mainly use the computer for gaming: Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Diablo 3, FIFA 13. I also like to watch movies in Full HD (1080p).
I hope you guys can help me, cuz I want to build a PC in 2 weeks.

CPU ______ Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard ______ ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155
Memory ______ C48 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x)
Storage ______ SanDisk 2,5'' 128GB SATA3 SSD - Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA 3,5'' 7200RPM
Video Card ______ Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 VGA
Case ______ Antec VSK-3000 EU
Power Supply ______ Antec HCG 620 M-EC

Thankyou very much

A:Gaming Desktop

What is your budget?
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a custom built desktop computer I've had for a few years now. It worked just fine up until a few weeks ago, when I moved. Now it resets itself, once, about 5 seconds into the boot process but stays on after that and I'm not getting any signal to my monitor.

A:Desktop not working after move

Check the cabling is correct and tight - - disconnect and reconnect the monitor cable.
Relevancy 18.92%

I dont know much about assembling one but im pretty sure that buying parts will save me money. and I only have $800 budget for it. can anyone give me a list? (im making one from scratch)

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

A:Assembling a gaming desktop pc

For 800 bucks, let me see what I can do:

Im assuming America, and do you need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Also what about OS?
Relevancy 18.92%

HP Pavillion with Windows Vista
Using a Diamond 300 mbps Wireless Repeater
Netgear Wireless Dualband Router N600 WNDR3400v2

When attempting to open IE, a popup opens that says:
Connect to
The server at GoAhead requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).
User name:
and OK and Cancel

In device manager, computer doesn't recognize a wireless device.
It displays NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet but nothing else.

Other devices (laptop,Ipad) can connect to the wireless in the home.
Internet provider says it is not on their end.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

A:Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Go to Device Manager, find the wireless adaptor. It should have a yellow ! symbol next to it.

Post details here, then you need to install the drivers for it.
Relevancy 21.93%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.
Relevancy 28.81%

I got my new Asus board yesterday, but there is a switch on it called GPU Boost, should I enable or disable it?

It was enabled by default but I turned it off.

A:Asus GPU Boost - Enable or Disable?

Enable it if you play games and dont have a dedicated GPU.
Relevancy 24.94%

my system specs are

intel i5-3570k
intel DZ75ML-45K mobo
seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
corsair vengeance 8gb 1600mhz ram
GPU gigabyte gtx 760 2gb
and I am planning to buy SSD
my purpose of buying SSD is
1)fast boot up
2)better gaming performance
3)overall fast performance of the system w.r.t hard disk
so can I use SSD ON DZ75ML-45K mobo...?

why I asked this question is that they are telling that Z75 series express chipset motherboard does not support "INTEL SMART RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY" & this is associated w.r.t SSD caching. And the thing is that I don't knw about SSD caching and that intel smart response technology as well, what are the benefits of "INTEL SMART RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY"? or SSD caching? So plz explain me about that...?
eagerly waiting for ur reply...
plz reply...
thanks in advance...​

A:Queries about intel DZ75ML-45K motherboard

You can easily pop in a SATA SSD to use as a standalone. Intel SRT is software/firmware that allows for you to set up a caching SSD. I think you should just get a SSD and use it as the primary disk (OS + games) and just put large files on the HDD.

Your CPU supports SRT according to Intel:

Just a note: SSDs do not increase game performance, they really just decrease load times.
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello guys what's up? looking for some ideas I have an old desktop that work just fine its a hp compaq dc5100 mt and I didnt want to throw it away I was wondering what should I do with it beside running ubuntu or playing old games? I already have a media server at home so yea I need some fresh ideas guys just some project I want to work on..thanks later.

A:Looking for some advice for disposal of desktop

There isn't much you can do with it. I'd say donate it to someone who could really use it.
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey I'm having a problem connecting to the internet on my wifi software.. the driver and the network is enabled but in the last day or so before now, its crapped out on me, wont show any detected networks, im worried it could be a virus but I want to rule out any other possibilities first.

Correction: it shows as enabled but I cant connect to anything as it will not show any wireless networks as detected

A:Driver problem for intel pro 2200bg?

What OS are you running (ex: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc.)?
Relevancy 18.92%

Im thinking about building my own gaming computer. For games like Minecraft, WarZ(Infestation), Arma 2, and other Steam Games. I want to know what would be some good specs for a gaming computer?

A:Good Spec For a Gaming Desktop

What is your budget? Will you need to buy a monitor and peripherals (Mouse/Keyboard/Speakers) or do you have those already? What is your preference for CPU (Intel or AMD)?
Relevancy 18.92%

This is a gaming desktop that I want to buy and build, but I don't know if it is even any good. I want to be able to play at least PlanetSide 2 on medium graphic settings (or higher), but I also don't have a very large budget. I want to keep it at or below $500. Any advice?

A:First Gaming Desktop Idea

The link above is wrong. Here are the links to the parts:

Case -
Power -
HD -
MB -
Relevancy 29.67%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there, I've been wondering about this for a long time and thought I might as well just as the ppl that are going to know best.
What it is, I've been trying to get this game ANNO 1404 to work on my laptop and I just cant figure out why it wont work.
Anyways my specs are:
Operating system: XP
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 2GB Ram
Not sure on video card but know system has: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
And I have DirectX 9 installed
The games specs are:
Operating System: 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 or similar processor
Memory: 1 GB Ram
Video Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant. 128 MB DirectX compliant, Shader 2.0 Enabled

So could anyone please take a look at this and help me figure out why the game wont run on my laptop.

A:Intel Duo vs Intel Pentium

What does it do when you try to start the game (game just not start / black screen / error message)?
Your Mobile Intel 965 intergrated graphics card probably is not compatible with the game. Checking out the system requirements online and it states on multiple sites: "...Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported..." Have you tried going into the BIOS and upping the video memory to see if that helps?
What is the make and model of your laptop? It may help with figuring the problem out.
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say
Relevancy 18.92%

As the title says I need help creating a gaming PC I am new to the world of creating gaming computers so I don t know to much on the subject I have looked at a few articles here and there about it and was planning on just making it myself but I decided it would be better to have suggestions and help from others If anyone could give me any tips on what I am truly looking for Desktop a Need help creating Gaming in a gaming desktop or if anyone could suggest or create one I would be grateful My price range is to I am leaning towards the - range but past that is doable If there is anything else you guys need to know Need help creating a Gaming Desktop just reply Once again any help or tips would be greatly appreciated Thank you Things I would like my desktop to be able to do have - Play Need help creating a Gaming Desktop most newer games on Medium to High settings Need help creating a Gaming Desktop - Around a Terabyte of memory - - Gigs of Ram nbsp

A:Need help creating a Gaming Desktop

CPU: AMD FX 6350 ($130)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ($100)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x2GB ($70)
GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost ($170)
Power Supply: Corsair TX 650 ($90)
HDD: WD Caviar Black ($95)
Case: Corsair 200R ($50)
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an Asus P8P67 pro mobo with the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection network adapter built in. It currently is using ver 11 driver.
I found the latest driver (PROWinx64.exe) to update it (I'm having some issues).
When I try to update it, I get an error box that says:

"The installed version of Intel Proset is not supported for upgrades. You must uninstall it before installing this version".

When I go to Device Manager to uninstall the Gigabit Network Connection in order to install this update...Windows re-installs it before I can run the update. Thus I can't update the driver. How do I stop Windows 7 from automatically updating this driver so that I will have time enough to manually update it with the downloaded newer driver?

I'm Running Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas?

A:Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection upgrade issues

Uninstall through Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Uninstalling through the Device Manager is only temporary and does not actually get rid of the driver. Basically, it just disconnects the device from the driver. As you found out it will reinstall itself every time you restart the computer.
Relevancy 18.92%

Not sure if this is the right forum thread to post this. I'm replacing an Hp Pavillion P6597C and don't know what to purchase or where to purchase it from. I loved my Pavillion but it's crashed on me three times it's first year and again a few weeks ago under the extended warranty.

I'm not a gamer, but do work from home on my computer daily. All my printers are Hp as well as my laptop. I've contacted Tiger Direct and they've recommended an Hp Compaq Elite 8300 (item H24-2406), plus they had a Gateway that was comparable, but I've heard pros and cons about Gateway. A former boss of mine recommended I contact Newegg and PC Mall for pricing too.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm told I should stick with at least 6GB and either an i5 (or i7) processor.

A:Recommendations on where to purchase a new desktop?

This forum is all about how to get the most out of your computing experience and we're always happy to help anyone to accomplish this, whatever their budget or intended use. We usually recommend building your own, because for the same money you'll have a better PC, with more reliable parts and a clear upgrade path. But not everyone has the time or confidence to pull it off, so for them a pre-built OEM system is the only viable option. If this describes your situation, then by all means you should go that route. But first, you should know this; the Elite 8300 and most other systems like it are built with proprietary power supplies and motherboards, so you're stuck with the cheap 320 watt power supply (but not cheap if you have to buy one from HP), and the motherboard doesn't even seem to have a standard 24 pin connector. If you click this link you'll see what I mean -
There are OEMs that build with standard ATX parts, such as these - RF
I ran the ibuypower system configurator for a system geared towards your needs, and this is a screenshot of the result -

A little more than $600, but much better all around. Go to and try the configurator yourself, the options are extensive, and you can easily configure a system for $600 if that's you budget cap. I started by clicking on the "Intel Z77 i5/i7 $959" button, but you could also click on "Intel Z77 i5 $719".
EDIT - I didn't include an operating system, so if you need one, be sure to select it in the configurator.
If you do decide to build your own, let me know and I'll help you choose components. Good luck!
Relevancy 29.24%

Dear All!
I want to enable and disable internet without using enable or disable network in lan network, I want program on and off? have any program?
thank with best regards

A:Enable and disable Internet

What? Is disabling the adaptor too hard? I'm sure there's something for this, but uh... really..?

Or do you want to disable Internet access and still have LAN access?
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey all, I would like to make my laptop a bit more powerful by adding a new processor (I've already upgraded my RAM). It's a Compaq Presario CQ62. Would anyone know whether an i5 or i7 would fit it?
Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Core i5/i7 processors in my Compaq laptop?

You cannot change a CPU in a laptop. You have to buy a completely new laptop.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello! I'm intrigued as to what people prefer and why. I'm currently with AMD, as their processors offer better multi-threaded performance when compared with Intel's CPU's. Although, Intel processors have better single threaded performance, but I use a lot of programs both at the same time, and that do a huge amount of multi-threading.

A:AMD or Intel?

I am pretty interested in AMD for my next build after the rumor today that next gen AMD CPUs will use GDDR5 onboard memory + DDR4
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello everyone I m a casual gamer and I have finished building my dream rig sans discrete video card materials used coolermaster haf advanced case bought Desktop advice graphics PC in u s coolermaster hyper evo cpu cooler bought in u s arctic silver thermal paste bought in u s intel i - k processor bought locally asrock z extreme bought in u s x gb ddr - mhz gskill bought in u s tb sata hitachi bought locally lite on dvd-rw x bought locally seasonic M II w psu bought in u s looking for an ideal budget discrete gpu operating system installed windows pro x games I like starcraft broodwar starcraft wol and hots diablo lod diablo metro current monitors available x lcd LG or x led Acer single monitor gaming only single monitor upgrade plan up to quot x only but NOT at this time what video card can you suggest for my simple needs I am currently looking at an asus gtx gb gddr selling at about u s equivalent asus gtx dcII is being sold at a much higher price asus gtx ti gb gddr and powercolor gb gddr for about u s equivalent thanks for any suggestion I am not from the u s so I have to accept high retail price Desktop PC graphics advice and few items available at nearest retail store a sibling working in the u s will come home probably in or early but I can t wait that long my other desktop computers intel dh tc with intel core i - stock speed stock hsf palit NVidia gt gb ddr x gb ddr - windows home premium x dual boot with windows pro x years ecs g t-m with intel Pentium dual core e stock speed stock hsf evga g mb ddr x gb ddr windows home premium x years ecs h h -m with intel g stock speed stock hsf x gb ddr - no discrete graphics unit windows pro x year nbsp

A:Desktop PC graphics advice

I think that the 7850 would be the best option out of the cards suggested, so I'd go with that one. If you can save your pennies, I'd get a 7870, as it will give you way better performance.
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an Hp Pavilion G7 and it is remotely connected to my wife's HP desktop. I have windows 7 and she has xp pro. whenever I am at home I connect to her computer and view my home surveillance cameras but when I go to a different location it will not allow me to connect. also I can connect to my work remote computer at any location.

A:Remote desktop connection problem

Sounds like a concept issue.

Remote Desktop needs the firewall to enable inbound port 3389 as a default. That will allow ANY pc connected to your router to use RD.

However, for some system outside your LAN (eg your work environment accessing one of the home PCs), the router must forward port 3389 explicitly to the LAN address of the target machine.

I am sure you did this long ago and just forgot about it, so log into your router and verify there is a port forward listed there.

Now the bad news is you can only PF to one machine and to see another, the router config needs to be changed.

It might be possible to enable UPnP in the router to enable an auto-config, but that would take some "inside knowledge" of how the lan was configured.
Relevancy 24.94%

I am running Windows bit retail on an Intel DX SO extreme mobo with i CPU and Corsair SATA SSD hard drive with GB KIngston DDR RAM The mobo comes with a module that connects to an internal USB header which runs Bluetooth and a WiFi bgn wireless adapter I had used Bluetooth without problems for some time but just recently decided to install the WiFi adapter for the first time It said it had installed successfully and showed up on Device Manager as working properly However it could not detect networks and in particular the WiFi external modem router on my other PC After exhausting all possible solutions I decided to load a bare bones installation of Windows and it installed and ran perfectly in this environment And it continued to run OK after all my various programs were loaded However as a test I uninstalled it from the fully loaded OS and then successfully reinstalled it But once detect Intel networks adapter wireless won't again it could not detect networks despite Device Manager saying it was working correctly So it seems the only way to get it to work is to load it on Windows before any other programs or updates are added and never uninstall reinstall I also had exactly the same experience on my other PC which Intel wireless adapter won't detect networks runs Vista Ultimate OEM I was using a Belkin N adapter on this OS It could only be loaded and run successfully on a bare bones installation but once running was OK even when all other programs were added Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this problem nbsp

A:Intel wireless adapter won't detect networks

WiFi 802.11bgn wireless adapterClick to expand...

specifically WHICH wifi device did you use? I've found some are just 'flat difficult' to make work.
Relevancy 25.8%

Guys,I was wondering which will have better performance with pro:core i5 3470
1)4x2 gb ram ddr3 1600mhz or 1x8gb ram ddr3 1600mhz?cause my pro have dual channel memory feature .How much % will difference?
2)How much performance difference in % between 8gb 1333mhz and 1600mhz?

A:4*2 GB RAM or 1*8 GB RAM for 3rd gen Intel?

You want 4x2GB to utilize dual channel, I found this video online:
The video shows how dual channel has a large increase in performance over single channel. As for everyday use, you wont see a difference since not many everyday programs out there are memory bandwidth sensitive. As for 1333 vs 1600, go with 1600, I dont have any numbers for you, but people say the extra speed helps.
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?
Relevancy 18.92%

So I bought a Xeon CPU Intel Xeon E - V to put on a Asrock Mobo ASRock Z Pro The CPU desktop a mobo on Xeon idea was the Xeon CPU is less expensive and doesn t have the built in graphics that the i s do Since I had planned to use a discreet graphics card I figured this was Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo a good plan So I looked up the Mobo on Asrock s site and it said the Xeon CPU is compatible So I ordered it Got in the other day and I could not get it to boot with the Xeon CPU Computer would beep times very quickly Looked up the beep code - says quot Processor Error quot After spending about a day screwing with it calling custom PC shops around town and looking online I didn t have an answer Other people seem to have done this succesfully but not me I guess I finally said screw it and picked up an i locally I had to get this computer running to get work done Computer runs fine with the i CPU So now I have this Xeon CPU sitting in its little box and I would like to find a desktop Mobo to put it on and use it to replace one of the other old computers we have around here Does anyone know of a board that is confirmed to work with a Intel Xeon E - V Or am I just completely off my rocker Thanks nbsp

A:Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo

Your MOBO may have just needed a BIOS update.
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay I've been posting alot of treads about my 2.93ghz stock dell I want to get atleast 3.4ghz it has tons of fans in it it runs at 20C anyone know some programs to oc it? its a Optiplex 210L

A:Overclock Intel Celeron D in Dell desktop

Since you say your PC is a Dell, I don't think you will have any options to over-clock.

Celeron's are locked processors, so you don't have the option to increase the multiplier.
Dell as well as other manufacturers usually lock the BIOS, so you wouldn't be able to increase the base frequency either.
Relevancy 25.37%

Building a comp for a friend, budget is to be as low as possible (sub AUD$350 hopefully, check for prices).

She's going to be using it for basic computing (web browsing, watching DVDs) and basic photoshop. This computer is replacing an 8 year old laptop (to give you an idea how much computing power she really needs).

I'm thinking Intel G550, just because she'll get better use of more CPU power over the better graphics the AMD5300 would offer.

I really just need a suggestion for CPU, but if you have a motherboard suggestion that would be good, and if you really want, feel free to build a complete box (if you do, she doesn't need a storage HDD, just a boot HDD/SSD depending on budget).

Thanks in advance.

A:AMD or Intel for basic system?

For basic PC usage a G550 will be fine since those tasks don't really make use of multiple cores or threads. But I'd be more inclined to go for a G860/G870, they don't cost that much more.
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?
Relevancy 24.51%

I play minecraft and I would like to record, is this a good enough graphics card to do this?

A:Is intel 82865g graphics controller good for gaming?

Woooooohhhh, that's some old tech lol.

Can't imagine you would be getting awfully good frame rates with something like that. However, it should be alright to record using fraps, just give it a go (fraps is free) and see if it works.
Relevancy 25.37%

What is the speed of ram should I use for intel core i7 3930K, how much mhz

A:RAM for Intel Core i7-3930K

The real question is which RAM modules the motherboard supports. The question can not be answered simply by the processor specifications. It's the motherboard that dictates which memory modules can be used.
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, I wonder how much physical damage a gaming desktop can withstand, like loosing it in the ground, just move it around for a good distance etc.? And how long is the average lifetime for a gaming desktop?
Thanks for reading!

A:How much physical damage can a gaming desktop withstand?

Hi, I wonder how much physical damage a gaming desktop can withstand, like loosing it in the ground, just move it around for a good distance etc.? And how long is the average lifetime for a gaming desktop?Click to expand...

You will receive more replies if your question is clear. Right now, I can't say I understand what you're asking. But, I will try and see if I can answer your question.

The amount of damage a desktop can go through all depends on material the case is made out of. What 'damage' it is actually going through and the frequency it incurs the damages. If you're talking about moving a desktop from one place to another. For instance, you're going to a LAN party and you're moving it from house to house. You do put your machine at risk, but it all depends on how you handle it. I am pretty sure if you are careful the desktop wont go through any damage.

However, if you're talking about intentionally dropping a PC or dragging it around (why in the world you be?). Then, again, it all depends on the material the case is made out of. As well as how well put together the build is in general. I am sure most people will not want to think about what may happen to their machines if they dropped it on the floor. The damage could result in parts breaking or coming a loose. Problems that I believe you will want to avoid.

When it comes to a Gaming PC's lifetime. It all depends on the parts that are used. For example, I could build a PC today with all the latest parts and it will probably last me a good 5-8 years. However, I can't say you will be able to call it a "gaming" PC 8 years from now. At the rate technology advances the machine would probably only retain it's "gaming" title for another 2 or 3 years.

Hopefully that clears up something for you. And, maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter will chime in.
Relevancy 18.92%

Dear friends,
I was wanting to open up my desktop CPU, with the case. I wud be disconnecting all the input wires to avoid any kind of shocks. But, I thought, if I wud be removing all its parts I.e. HDD RAMdisk, motherboard... , and if I join them back to its earlier locations (just to get an insight of my CPU in detail), wud it affect my earlier work done on my Desktop? Wud I have to re- install the OS? Will it change any of my earlier used settings in the Desktop?
Please advice...

A:Will it affect my earlier desktop settings?

Doing this could cause the computer not to "see" the hard drive any longer, thus not being able to boot up properly. Is it really worth doing this?
Relevancy 24.94%

So I purchased the Intel Q9550 about four years ago, and I'm wondering for how long it will hold. I recently purchased a new graphics card: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD7870 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP, and I am wondering for how long this old processor can
last before I have to change it to something better. Any ideas?

A:Old processor: Intel Q9550 still good enough for my use?

Thats a question that only you can answer for yourself. If you are still happy with it then it is still good enough for your use.

Personally for Intel CPU's any quad core is still plenty of power for an average user. I might shake my finger at a LGA775 dual core but not a quad.
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.
Relevancy 18.49%

Heres my problem I have shared my wireless connection on the laptop, hooked up an ethernet cable from desktop to laptop but its saying unplugged on desktop there is no light by the ethernet port on desktop, both computers running windows 7
now I have tried 4 different cables that I know work, both the ethernet ports on the laptop and desktop work have tried them both and they connect almost instantly, is there a setting somewhere I am missing, please help because I really dont want to go buy a 50 footer and run to connect my desktop to internet.
Thank you in advance.

A:Sharing laptop wireless connection with desktop

Have you right clicked on "share this network connection" on the adapter in the connection manager:
Relevancy 18.49%

I will post a link to a computer that was purchased for me I have been out of computer gaming for awhile and have recently started playing a game called Dayz It is gaming Upgrading desktop retail for Acer my a modifcation for a game called Arma The computer runs most things that I have played fairly well However Arma is a high demand game which typically gets me under FPS I was thinking of getting rid of the computer and buying a new one or upgrading some parts inside From what I have been reading processor video card ram and power supply would be good places to start I haven t taken the computer apart yet to look inside and see what I can add to the current motherboard Budget is a concern and I don t want to go crazy I don t need to play on ultra settings Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming but normal or high would be nice Any suggestions would be great Here is the PC http www walmart com ip Acer-AM Windows- -Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-I Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Without knowing your full system specs I would say, you could probably get by with a GPU and power supply upgrade. Do you know what size power supply you have in the machine? I'm also assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics solution, since you have an AMD-A6 CPU.
Relevancy 24.94%

Just installed an Intel 330 120GB SSD on my computer running Windows 8. This is an older system with a Penryn1600SLI-110dB (Asrok) mobo, Q6600 cpu.

I see the drive in the BIOS. I see the drive under Hard Drives in the Device Manager.

I do not see the drive under File Manager. I do not see the drive under Disk Management.

When I try to use the Intel Solid State Toolbox, it says

"The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD.
Consider changing to another storage driver compatible with your system and try the tool again."

I'm a noob so I guess my questions are what driver should I use and where would I find it?

A:Intel Series 330 SSD not recognized by Windows 8

You are going to have to configure the SSD to be able for Windows to see it. Do you have the Intel Rapid Storage utility installed?