Windows Support Forum

Network keeps reconnecting

Q: Network keeps reconnecting

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network keeps reconnecting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all. For quite some time, we have had the issue that when employees reboot their PCs and logon to the domain with their network username, their network drives mostly always show a X by them, which then the user thinks the drives are disconnected. Double clicking on the network drive will reconnect it and then are able to use it. My questions is, is there any GPO that would force connect the network drives back and show them online without the X that I can apply for our users? Any insight would be great. Thank you!

A:Reconnecting Network Drives via GPO

This can happen from time to time, its normal.

normally its because your machine looks for the server before a network connection is established.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/reconnecting-network-drives-via-gpo-276627/
Relevancy 57.19%

Recently one of our office computers went down resulting in me deleting the partition and reinstalling windows and now I can t figure out how to reconnect the computer to the network and file sharing in our office I m not a computer tech I m not even an Reconnecting an Office Network to intern in the computer field I am an HVAC technician with a good understanding of computers and programs that they run so my company has me do work in the office when they need anything If someone can post for me a basic guideline Reconnecting to an Office Network of how I could reconnect a Dell Precision Windows XP Home was previously connected so hardware is still in tact to the file-sharing network and be able to access other computers and vice-versa it would be greatly appreciated I ve tried a few things including non-specific internet guides but i don t want to risk putting another computer or the file-sharing out of order I d rather leave it for Pro s Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Reconnecting to an Office Network

Does your company have an IT department/person?

Your office setup might be running a domain and if so, you'll have to get your computer re-added to the domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-an-office-network.855363/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi,
i noticed on my win2000 pro that network drives always got disconnect after a period of time as showed below. Do you know of a command that can re-establish the connection without re-mapping the drives again?
thanks

Status L ocal Remote Network

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
disconnected F: \\server1\apps Microsoft Windows Network
disconnected G: \\server2\home Microsoft Windows Network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-network-drives.118234/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there.  I have a simple 3-computer network setup in my home.  All 3 are XP Pro.  I have the "\All Users\Documents\" folders as the shared, mapped drive folders. Everything works great until I reboot.  They become disconnected.  I fixed it for one computer with a run command, but now I can't find it again on the web for the other two computers.  Anyone know this command?
Thanks!

A:Network drives not reconnecting at startup.

Hi There.!
Try this...
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: \\computer name\share name, where x: is the drive letter you want to assign to the shared resource.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489729/network-drives-not-reconnecting-at-startup/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello!
I am having a problem since 1 year ago, and i tried every solution to fix this. My problem is the network connection randomly disconnect and reconnect/ or reconnect, if I restart the modem or the Wifi Router. The network isn't disconnect, if the desktop PC is off.
I tried these solutions:
-buy a new network card
-buy a new Wifi router
-ask a new modem from the ISP
-buy new UTP cables instead of all UTP cables
-i format the winchester and reinstall the windows 2 times
I have not more idea, than fix this, but this is a very angrily problem. I fight this since 1 year and nothing can help.
I'm waiting for all idea or solutions, i can try whatever!
Thank you!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting-4607308/
Relevancy 56.33%

ok so my one computer comp A at work is set up like so hardwired to a offline computer running our work software comp B network xx there is also a wireless adapter for internet usage and to connect to the back office pc for file sharing purposes comp C network xx yesterday i came to work and now comp A won't reconnect to either of the other pcs i can't log in to my mapped to with drives reconnecting Problem network z drive from comp B or connect to my share folder on comp C Problem with reconnecting to network drives when i try to connect i get that there was an error and it can't reconnect i am no pc dummy and have degree in networking but i have never seen anything like this before seriously boggling my mind as far as i know no settings were changed and i've checked everything and they are as they should be i searched google all day today and found nothing helpful does anyone have any idea as to what is going on here the error message is not very helpful basically says there was an error reconnecting microsoft windows network the network location could not be reached neither comp B or C show up under the network tab what is kinda weird is that my wireless printer does show up and works fine on comp A

A:Problem with reconnecting to network drives

ok, so i have discovered that comp B can see comp A in the network list, but comp A can't see comp B. i can even access comp A through comp B, but not the other way around.

any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/120656-problem-reconnecting-network-drives.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I'm having a recurring issue with my wireless network and would appreciate any help you can provide.

I connect to the web via a Belkin F5d7630-4a ADSL Modem with built in wireless router. The router is always on and I have a desktop PC connected via a wired connection.

When I first boot the laptop, it will generally find the wireless connection within a minute or so (although not always). If the laptop powers down, hibernates or sleeps, it sometimes reconnects, but generally can't. Once it's lost the connection, I generally need to reboot the laptop, sometimes two or three times to get it to find it again, even with the laptop sitting right next to the router.

I'm using WPA authentication and have hidden my SSID.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve this, as it's driving me crazy.

Thanks.

Mike.

Relevancy 55.9%

My son was recently given a three year old laotop computer. It was originally connected to a DSL connection and I use a Cable connection. It has a built in wireless 802.11g card and a 10/100 interface. I configured it to connect wirelessly to my wireless router. The connection is established and DHCP assigns it a network address. Every 20-30 seconds it drops the connection and imediately reacqires a new connection. I disabled the wireless card and enabled the 10/100 LAN connection. Same thing. The router makes the connection, asigns a valid IP address, drops it, and imediately reastablishes the connection. The TCP/IP stack looks good. The link speed is right. Could it be conflict with some pre existing software? Maybe the old DSL software ot some instant messaging program. I loaded new antivirus software and ran a complete sucessful scan. Any thoughts what it could be?

A:Laptop Network Connection Dropping and Reconnecting

"Drops the connection" means what?

Do you use any software firewalls? VPN software? Packet sniffers?

Try updating the router firmware..

What is the DHCP lease time on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-network-connection-dropping-and-reconnecting.64410/
Relevancy 55.9%

In the past I had used an iOmega and a Seagate Black Armor NAS shares network delay reconnecting huge to both run Linux both ran perfectly fine until they eventually died I next switched to an Apple TimeCapsule for both network storage and as a router wap The TC turned out not to be the best idea as the hdd in them is huge delay reconnecting to network shares narcoleptic that is to say the drive goes to sleep very quickly and it is annoying to wait seconds for the drive to spin up if you let it idle for only a very few minutes However as you ll soon read I jumped from the fat to the fire So I had a Dell T running full-time anyway I bought two WD Red NAS TB HDDs and installed them and set them up in Windows RAID Almost right away I noticed this weird issue and that is after the initial connection to the Dell if the client was allowed to idle for very long several minutes and especially if it s a laptop and it goes to sleep reconnecting to the Dell can take many minutes So I started over and used Intel Hardware RAID - same result So in summary initial connections to my Dell T happen almost instantly reconnecting or maybe more precisely just accessing the T after an extended period on inactivity can result in many minutes of delay It matters not whether it s a wired or wireless connection it matters not whether it is a laptop or desktop this happens whether the client is my MacBook Pro my Asus desktop running W Home Premium my hp dv running Fedora my wife s Dell running W my really old Inspiron running XP The ONLY difference that I see is that occasionally the T will absolutely refuse to allow the Inspiron to reconnect until I reboot the T aside from that the problem manifests exactly the same despite the platform hardware OS I ve been researching this off and on for weeks but cannot find anything on it that is exactly like my situation I d sure like to solve this I ve used a similar setup in the past with a RAID card in an old hp running Fedora and had no trouble If I cannot fix this I guess I ll just have to bite the bullet and by a NAS enclosure and install the WD HDDs in it and see if it runs ok nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-delay-reconnecting-to-network-shares.1119971/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All Devices range from laptops - gt Workstations - gt Server the operating systems having issues are Win machines and the equipment I'm connecting them to is a Server Server Western Digital NAS Server Server I've recently had be The while reconnecting network location - rea occurred error cannot an issue with this error on multiple PC's at my shop and the end result is I cannot connect to any networked device but I do have internet and I can see the devices in my workgroup under the quot Network quot drop error occurred while reconnecting - The network location cannot be rea down in File Explorer So far the only changes I can see that happened during this problem starting up is Windows updates over the last few weeks I already ran the batch file from the sticky provided by quot shadowjk quot just in case however I also ran all those commands manually prior to looking here and the results were the same before and after So far I have tried Uninstalling reinstalling all NIC drivers deleting all managed networks Removing all antivirus firewalls safe mode w networking system restore to a point prior to updates Changing workgroup to attempt to connect to personal server server standard Here is some info that might help note I changed the MAC addresses to quot X quot for the post only the real readout shows the correct information Code c windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ryan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday June AM Lease Expires Tuesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA - DB- F-A E-CF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f feaf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d f feaf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CDBC - - E-B D -FF C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes c windows system gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Bluetooth Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- RYAN-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No n... Read more

A:error occurred while reconnecting - The network location cannot be rea

This problem still persists, however I have added the following to my troubleshooting:
Configured my user profile on a new computer, it works flawlessly
configured a known working user configuration other than my own on my computer, it does NOT work at all, same problem as mine.
Unhid *Administrator* and performed driver removal and re-install from that user account just in case, no change

Any networking gurus out there, please feel free to ask questions. I'd be happy to produce more information to help solve this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292423-error-occurred-while-reconnecting-network-location-cannot-rea.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a windows desktop with an SSD and regular mechanical hard drive where I keep my data I also have a laptop with a small SSD as well I wanted to keep the laptop free of non-critical data so I decided to setup a file share between my desktop win home prem and my laptop Win pro I was able share the files and navigate to my desktop through my reconnecting bootup network Mapped drive on not laptop I successfully mapped the folder as a network drive and all was well Then I rebooted and I was disconnected from it it remembered that it was there but I needed to manually connect to it and I needed to provide my login credentials There is no password just a username What is causing this and is there a way to get around this Also is there a way to set a timeout because if my desktop is not on and I want to use my laptop the boot times are much longer Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup compared to when I don't have the mapped network drive on my laptop at all

A:Mapped network drive not reconnecting on bootup

Hi there,
Although it's unlikely this was missed out, did you tick the checkbox when you mapped the network drive that allows you to reconnect at login?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264490-mapped-network-drive-not-reconnecting-bootup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am finally switching over my work computer from Windows XP to Windows 7.

I have multiple network connections I connect to when I boot up. I've set myself as a new user on the servers I have to connect to, Windows 7 asked me to put in my username and password for each share, all connects fine but when I shutdown and restart, I see all my Shares as red x'ed "disconnected" and as I click on each one, I have to put in my username and password again. Windows XP always remembered my connections and logged me onto each share at boot up. I've checked "remember my credentials" but it's not doing it,

Am I missing something? on any restart or shutdown, I have to click on each share and put in my login credentials.

A:Solved: Windows 7 not reconnecting to network shares

OK, I figured this out, using a Computer Name as recognized by the network rather than my username, it remembers and logs me in when I restart. Not really sure why this makes a difference, but as long as it works, one less thing to worry about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-not-reconnecting-to-network-shares.1084302/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a couple of XP Pro SP2 machines that need to automatically reconnect to some network drives on startup. They both run applications that need access to these drives. The network drives are on LinkSys NSLU2 network storage devices. When I mapped them (to y: and z: ) I set them to reconnect at startup but this does not happen, on restart they show "disconnected". If I run a "net use" command they are reported as unavailable. Once I double click on them they open just fine.
Any suggestions please?
Sid.

A:Solved: Network Drives not reconnecting at boot time

Have you tried putting a simple batch job in your startup with the correct NET USE commands to connect them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-drives-not-reconnecting-at-boot-time.655183/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Mini Solved: and Continually to Reconnecting Wireless Disconnecting Network Inspiron which I use at home connected to the internet through my wifi router It has worked without problem for me Recently though when I have taken my netbook elsewhere I have been unable to initially connect and then to stay connected to any wifi connection that I have found Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network Firstly when away from home and I go to Wireless Network Connection I am unable to see any wireless networks at all and I get the message Windows cannot configure this wireless connection If you have enable another program to configure this wirelss connection use that software If you want to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC serivce For information about starting the WZC service see article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network the microsoft com Website Now what strikes me first up is why I am getting this error message when I m not getting it at home I have tried four separate wifi networks and Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network I get this message everytime Now the owners never seem to have a problem with these networks and I am able to connect to them sucessfuly using my phone I have tried turning off my phone to ensure it is not an intereference problem So following the instructions I go the Services and sure enough the Windows Zero Configuration service is not started so I start it sucessfully If I now quot Refresh Network List quot I get a similar error to before except at the bottom that it says click quot Change advanced settings quot click the Wireless Networks tab and then select the checkbox labeled quot Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings quot So I do that and I can now see a number of wireless networks So I connect to one ok but within about - seconds I get disconnected from it and then it automatically reconnects stays connected for about - seconds and then disconnects This happens repeatedly allowing for very very painful browsing and impossible downloading of files So a couple of questions - why am I not able to the networks automatically and why when I do connect am I not able to stay connected nbsp

A:Solved: Continually Disconnecting and Reconnecting to Wireless Network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-continually-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-to-wireless-network.878097/
Relevancy 55.47%

so here is an oddball question. how would i go about reconnecting to a network share drive, after changing the ip address of the computer im using, using a command prompt?

A:reconnecting to a network drive after changing computer ip address

You'd connect to it the same way as before. Changing a computer's IP address shouldn't prevent you from connecting to a network share unless you gave the computer an IP address on a different range, in which case you'd need to change that devices IP address to match the new network IP scheme. Can you clarify what you did and what IP addresses the network device and the computer have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-a-network-drive-after-changing-computer-ip-address.1149753/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey folks- hoping i could network finding constantly not Wireless disconnecting, reconnecting, get some advice or at least some troubleshooting diagnostics steps to take on an extremely frustrating problem i m having connecting to the internet wirelessly here s what i m working with Gateway GZ Windows XP Home Edition SP Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Driver version Intel Pentium M processor GHz GB RAM I m trying to connect wirelessly to an Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network Airport Time Capsule connection at the office for the most part up until a couple days ago this connection worked well since i ve started having problems other computers at the office Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network all macs have still been able to connect Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network perfectly so the problem seems to be isolated to my computer what happens is that my computer basically will not connect to the internet and when it does disconnects after or seconds looks for the network connects and then repeats it all sometimes when it reconnects it tells me that i m connecting to an unsecured network even though the network is password-protected the quality of the connection varies from quot no signal quot to quot very good quot to quot excellent quot all within the span of a minute or two i also intermittently get the following messages quot this network has limited or no connectivity quot with the little exclamation point inside the yellow triangle quot unable to connect to preferred wireless network quot sometimes when i click on quot view available wireless networks quot it can t find any on the first or second try and then finds the correct network tries to connect and repeats the cycle described above sometimes it ll stay connected for minutes or even - minutes and then suddenly drop off help nbsp

A:Wireless constantly disconnecting, reconnecting, not finding network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-constantly-disconnecting-reconnecting-not-finding-network.791902/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi all,

I have a network at home of roughly 4-6 pc's and when i plug in the network to my pc on my onboard Network "A8N-SLI Premium mobo" it connectes and reconnects.

the mobo has Two network ports on it and on both it does the same thing. my Switch isnt gigabit speed but my PC is 10/1000. all the other pc's on my network are all normal 10/100.

i had placed in a PCI 10/100 network card and that works fine...

can anyone help?

A:Asus Mobo - Onboard network connecting and reconnecting

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-onboard-network-connecting-and-reconnecting.580517/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am trying to connect to a on Drive Boot Fails Network Reconnecting Mapped wireless Hard Drive storage unit with a PC running Vista Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails I can connect to it just fine with a login and password and all works well in that department My problem is with mapping it to a network drive I go through the motions My Computer - gt Map Network Drive - gt Select Drive Letter - gt sharedfolder and the login and password to connect are unique so I click connect using a different username and type in the correct information All seems well except that when I reboot I get the message that it could not Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails connect to the network drives If I try to access the drive it asks me for a password the username is what I set it to in the different username prompt and I type in the Reconnecting Mapped Network Drive on Boot Fails same password that I put in at the different username prompt and it connects fine So the login and password are all correct it just doesn t want to connect on boot Any ideas as to what the problem may be Also while I m at it just a quick question When you connect to a shared network for the first time it will bring up that quot Connect To quot dialogue and ask for U P When you type it in you can connect to the drive but any subsequent times you try to connect it won t ask for the U P So how do I go about changing the user connecting to that device without having to log off and back on again b nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-mapped-network-drive-on-boot-fails.971197/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all constantly disconnecting Unidentified 7 Windows and Network issue, keeps reconnecting I found this forum while googling possible solutions to this problem but with no luck About a week ago after getting a new ISP and router my computer connected fine to the new wireless network my old ISP was Verizon and we had wireless DSL and my PC had no problems It went into sleep mode some time later and since then I ve been having this nonstop unidentified network problem that I ve tried multiple Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly things to fix but nothing has worked so far Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly It basically drops out the connection and my home network becomes unidentified and doesn t work Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly and then randomly reconnects and it happens over and over Sometimes when it connects it connects to NetworkProfile which seems to be exactly the same as my router s connection so I don t know if that s like a duplicate connection that was made or not I have no clue All I ve pinpointed so far is that it s definitely a computer issue My older laptop also Windows my iPhone my dad s iPhone and even his old Vista netbook can connect with no issues but with my PC it ll be connected then some time later it ll disconnect and say the network is unidentified and public This happens repeatedly It goes from this To this I also tried connecting to another network a hotspot created by my iPhone and it did the same thing so it s definitely not my new wireless service Might be a problem between my computer and wireless networks in general So I ve tried many different things and nothing has worked This includes uninstalling and reinstalling my old network adapter checking for drivers resetting the IP stack deleted Bonjour many things that come up when you google the problem I even got a new not too expensive thankfully network adapter and it still occurs It s irritating because this sounds like a very common issue with Windows and even looks like Was hoping some people could help out and help me pinpoint the issue here because this has been driving me nuts for a long time My last resort would be to reinstall Windows or do a factory reset but apparently that doesn t fix the issue and knowing my luck it d be the same with me Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read this and help me nbsp

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network issue, keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-constantly.1149651/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all, I am running Vista Ultimate and have mapped a network drive which is on my file server (running Ubuntu 7.04). Vista maps it without any problems, but when I restart the computer, the message "could not reconnect all network drives" appears and find that I have to type the samba login name & password again. I have the Reconnect at logon box selected (as shown in screenshot below), so why is it not auto logging on?

A:Mapped network drive not auto reconnecting at startup - Vista

I just happened to see this so thought I'd mention...

I ran into the same problem with our only Vista user. The share mounts fine once the system has booted but it fails just as you reported for remembered connections. In our case the server is Windows Server 2003. I haven't made any real attempts to understand the problem but I threw a quick net use batch at it until time permits.

Just in case, create a batch file with:

net use mountdriveletter: \\server\share /user:username password

Put it or a shortcut to it into your startup programs directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-network-drive-not-auto-reconnecting-at-startup-vista.593131/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I've been having wireless network issues ever since we purchased a new router Netgear n probably about one year ago My laptop has no issues with other wifi connections but when I am connected at home the connection continually drops and reconnects It usually disconnects for - seconds and then reconnects This happens constantly while I am at the house When I troubleshoot the connection the message quot Default Gateway not available quot often pops up When the connection drops while a webpage is loading the browser tells me that quot The DNS lookup failed quot Also our home network connection is dropping/reconnecting. Connection Failed" Lookup "DNS Network named quot Network Connection dropping/reconnecting. "DNS Lookup Failed" Home-FORCE quot but on Network Connection dropping/reconnecting. "DNS Lookup Failed" my laptop the name shows up as quot Home-FORCE quot Has anybody seen or had this issue before I am wondering if the problem is with the settings on my laptop or if I made an error while setting up the wireless router There are several other laptops in my house that connect just fine and my smartphone has no issues with this connection However when my laptop is connected to wifi other laptops in the house begin having the same issues Any help is much appreciated and I will gladly provide any additional information that I can

A:Network Connection dropping/reconnecting. "DNS Lookup Failed"

Have you done a ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew at a command prompt? It does sound like some setting(s) are amiss on the laptop. Go into control panel on the laptop that isn't working and go to the networking properties and check to see if get DNS automatically is selected. I will post exactly how to do that when I get home soon

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316810-network-connection-dropping-reconnecting-dns-lookup-failed.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have installed AIM on my recently purchased Asus Bamboo and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every minutes It is driving me nuts I HAVE -tried installing aim It ALSO disconnects -rebooting computer and router Still disconnects -reinstalled both disconnecting and 7.3 keeps AIM reconnecting aim and multiple times Still disconnects -tried using pidgin and AIM AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at the same time Pidgin will not disconnect but AIM still does However AIM seems to disconnect a LOT LESS while running with pidgin sometimes it goes a full hours without DCing -googled solutions have been unable to find a solution most forums describe problems from vista and xp that were a couple years back i KNOW it is not my internet connection wireless or ethernet cables fault I have tested all of those extensively while running aim on other computers that don't disconnect and also surfing the web downloading streaming and playing games while running aim in the background all AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting work seamlessly but aim still disconnects PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY and please don't suggest that I use third party clients AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting I will if I have to but I have tried all of them and I hate them I prefer to use AIM

A:AIM 7.3 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Quote: Originally Posted by dhsiung

I have installed AIM 7.3 on my recently purchased Asus Bamboo, and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 minutes. It is driving me nuts!

I HAVE
-tried installing aim 5.9. It ALSO disconnects.
-rebooting computer and router. Still disconnects.
-reinstalled both aim 5.9 and 7.3 multiple times. Still disconnects.
-tried using pidgin and AIM at the same time. Pidgin will not disconnect, but AIM still does. However, AIM seems to disconnect a LOT LESS while running with pidgin(sometimes it goes a full 2 hours without DCing).
-googled solutions. have been unable to find a solution; most forums describe problems from vista and xp that were a couple years back.

i KNOW it is not my internet connection, wireless or ethernet cables fault. I have tested all 3 of those extensively while running aim on other computers that don't disconnect, and also surfing the web, downloading, streaming, and playing games while running aim in the background. all work seamlessly, but aim still disconnects.

PLEASE HELP. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

and please don't suggest that I use third party clients. I will if I have to, but I have tried all of them and I hate them. I prefer to use AIM.

Check event viewer to see if the disconnects are logged

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Let us know if you need help with any of this.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/109359-aim-7-3-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.99%

A few weeks ago, I started having a problem where if I signed out of AIM at nighttime, I'd be unable to sign back in for a couple hours. I recently replaced the router and now my AIM will randomly disconnect and reconnect itself all day and night. It does it every 30 minutes to a couple hours. I'm not exactly sure what info I should list:

Internet Service: HughesNet
Modem: HN7000s
Router: Belkin N+
Wireless USB Adapter: Linksys WUSB54GC
AIM version 5.9

My computer was recently reformatted so I don't think it's a virus issue and this also happens on Vista.

Relevancy 39.99%

I have two desktops that I had connected by a wired router. One is Vista system and one is 98SE. I was able to be on the internet with both. The 98SE was having some problems, so I reinstalled the 98SE, and now I can't get the 98 system to connect to the internet.

All the cables are connected, like they were before. The router is showing that two computers are connected, but the 98 is not recoginizing it for some reason.
Cindy.

A:Having trouble reconnecting

Start, Run, COMMAND to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL >c:\IPCONFIG.TXT

Open c:\IPCONFIG.TXT in NOTEPAD, copy and paste all of it in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-reconnecting.730496/
Relevancy 39.99%

Well as of yesterday my wireless internet connection will randomly disconect itself from it's default wireless network and then reconenct itself immediatly. Now this isn't much of a problem except for the occaisonal webpages I need to refresh, but when I try to download a file and the internet reconnects itself it can be quite annoying, same with playing online games.

I'm not quite sure why it began to do this or how to fix it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(sorry if this is a really stupid question)

A:Internet keeps reconnecting on it's own

Not a stupid question. Most likely problem with your wireless being intermittently disconnected is interference. Things that can cause interference would be: cordless phones, microwave ovens, other wireless networks in the area (like neighbors). Is yours the only wireless computer using your Internet connection? If not, do the others experience similar problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-keeps-reconnecting-on-its-own.492025/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there,
So I've been having this problem: my ADSL Router instantly reconnects to internet each hour at fixed time. I tried to google the problem, but what i saw other people have was expiring leases and that's not the case here.
I'm using Windows 7 and Pirelly DRG A125G ADSL router if that's any help.
I've tried contacting ISP, but they've been just checking the line and saying "there are not abnormalities" so they've sent a guy to fix the problem and he changed the router into an identical one. The problem still consists, the time when it happens changed, but still each hour, fixed.
The lights on my router doesn't react to this "crash" and my ip stays the same after it.
Any idea what the problem could be?

Relevancy 39.99%

If I power-up my ADSL modem after W7 has already loaded (or disconnect the modem for a while and then reconnect) W7 never gets me connected, giving me the 'Network ? No Internet Access' message. So I have to restart the PC (with the modem already on) in order to get a connection. Connection is always found on start-up if the modem is already on. I had the same problem with Vista. It's a wired connected. I've already turned off 'allow the computer to turn off this device' in the power settings for the ethernet controller.
It?s not a modem issue since I have another PC running XP connected to another port on the modem which always reconnects.
I'm using 7100. Asus P5ke board.
Thanks for any help.

A:W7 not reconnecting after disconnect

Quote: Originally Posted by BeachNut

If I power-up my ADSL modem after W7 has already loaded (or disconnect the modem for a while and then reconnect) W7 never gets me connected, giving me the 'Network ? No Internet Access' message. So I have to restart the PC (with the modem already on) in order to get a connection. Connection is always found on start-up if the modem is already on. I had the same problem with Vista. It's a wired connected. I've already turned off 'allow the computer to turn off this device' in the power settings for the ethernet controller.
It?s not a modem issue since I have another PC running XP connected to another port on the modem which always reconnects.
I'm using 7100. Asus P5ke board.
Thanks for any help.

It would help you to understand what is happening to do some research on DHCP and IP address assignment.

A home network works in a similar way to the WWW. You turn your computer on but before it can access the Internet, it needs an address assignment. Your computer is connected to the ADSL modem, it is the modem that sends a "Handshake Request" to your Service Provider. When received and recognized, the Service Provider sends back an address assignment of 12 numbers like 304.567.200.117. With this address assignment, your computer can now surf the Internet.

If you turn the computer on first, then later turn the ADSL modem on, the computer will never be able to connect. The computer must be turned on after the modem has been connected to the Service Provider in order for the "Handshake" to work correctly.

A home network (any network for that matter) works in a miniature way. A router can manage 255 addresses and uses select addresses reserved for networks and so are never assigned to websites. A common network address is 192.168.0.1. The router takes the place of your computer, the ADSL modem gives the Service Provider's address to the router. You turn your computer on and it sends its "Handshake Request" to the router. When received and recognized, it returns an address assignment (192.168.0.101) to your computer and you can now surf the Internet. Each computer in the home network gets a different address assignment (192.168.0.102 etc) which allows the router to keep tract of what data goes where.

For everything to connect properly, the ADSL modem must be turned on first, then the router, and last the computer. That's how it works.

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20946-w7-not-reconnecting-after-disconnect.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Disconnecting and reconnecting (not the modem.. its the software)

My computer had a virus, and i was tryin to get rid of it.. kind of a long story. I had a process called services.exe from win.ini C:\windows\inet10009\services.exe. It showed up as a 'F1' in hijackthis. But i got rid of that with Win Tasks pro, well i think I did. Now the problem is .. i dton know if its with the whole connection or aim itself, but it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting. I reinstalled the software and everything. It is still doing the same thing.. is there a way i can find out if its just aim or all my programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-and-reconnecting.39912/
Relevancy 39.99%

I keep receiving the following Warning : RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE... Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a backup.
How do I reconnect The File History and run a backup please.  I am on Windows 8.1

A:RECONNECTING DRIVE

File History is looking for your external drive that you set up for backups. If you no longer have that ext hard drive, open file history and turn it OFF. Open Control Panel and search for Backup to find it.
You need to have an external drive to store File History backups. Meantime, copy your personal files you don't want to lose--music, photos, docs etc to other media like usb thumb drives, cds, dvds or network drives. Remember that backups stored on your internal hard drive defeat the purpose of having backups. Backups are needed when that drive fails.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19642232
Relevancy 39.99%

Since 2 weeks ago, I started disconnecting for over 10 seconds then reconnecting every 5 minutes or so from Skype, and this would only happen from 8 PM to when I go to sleep at around 12 Am. When this happens, I can still surf web pages and use wireless devices. So far I have tried restarting my router/modem, changing my DNS, disabling firewalls/antivirus, and uninstalling/reinstalling my network adapter drivers, but the problem still persists, and it's really making me angry because I practically can't play LoL or use Skype after 8. What do? :C

Also I'm fairly new to this kind of stuff because this is the first time I had this problem so please bear with me if I don't understand some things.

A:Dissconnecting Then Reconnecting

It sounds like a Bandwidth issue during peak evening times.
Try testing your connection speed before and after 8pm, also connect direct to the Modem/ Router with a cable instead of wireless if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/dissconnecting-then-reconnecting-884489.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So starting yesterday my internet just decides to reconnect every 20-30 min. This is very agrovating while im trying to online game because i keep getting droppd. I called the cable internet company and they were helping until i told them i had a router, "oh, its probably the router, we cant help you, try them and thank you for calling" *click* they didnt even say anything, it was more like they were wanting a quick way out.

Either way, this problem affects multiple computers at once and is getting very annoying. If anyone can shed some light thatd b AMAZING! thank you in advance

Relevancy 39.99%

Well.. I want to figure out how to disconnect from my internet, then reconnect at all in less then 2 seconds. People without wireless internet can do this easily by pulling out the cord then just simply putting the cord back in.. but how do i do this for wireless internet? It takes about 10 seconds to reconnect.. and this takes way too long. This isn't for anything illegal or anything :3 just for a video game. Thanks for your help

P.S. I have tried disabling/enabling my wireless internet, turning off router then turning it back on, connecting to an internet source that doesn't work then cancelling that and going to the internet that DOES work, and.. i think that's about it. All of them take too long to reconnect. THANKS~!

A:Reconnecting wireless

It's the nature of the technology. Wireless networking involves an antenna searching for a signal. You're not going to be able to speed that process up. 10 seconds is pretty darn fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-wireless.593715/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I have a Windows XP 2002 with SP2. I've been having many technical difficulties with my computer. First of all, it freezes every 2-5 minutes. When I try to turn the computer back on after it froze, it turns on, but the screen doesn't show up. I usually have to wait about 5 minutes to be able to get it to boot correctly. Secondly, my usb device keeps reconnecting automatically like crazy even if I don't have anything plugged in. If I do have something plugged into my usb drive, it reconnects it too out of nowhere non-stop. Last of all, my computer reboots itself sometimes, mainly when I open Windows Media Player and Firefox together. I have tried scanning my computer with Spybot and I deleted everything it found, but it's still acting up. Is there a problem with my motherboard or is it just a virus?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-freezing-and-usb-reconnecting.813423/
Relevancy 39.99%

We recently switched from windows xp to vista at our business. and have rann in to more problems the one. when trying to reconnect printers. we keep getting the same error stating that the spooler has to be started or restarted. I've restared the printer spooler and downloaed the updated drivers. but still we cannot add the printers. the printers we have are lexmarks 332n. Can anyone offer insight?

A:reconnecting printers

The below article states its for XP but I have successfully applied this fix on several Vista machines with the same issue. If it doesn't work for you post back and we can go from there.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-printers.777654/
Relevancy 39.99%

a computer running win me and sbc yahoo reconnects to the Internet about every minute tried many different things but still the Internet gets interrupted any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:reconnecting internet

Are you using SBC's dialup or DSL connexion?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20717/reconnecting-internet/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a HP 5550 printer connected to the USB port. While sitting idol, every so often it turns on and I hear the connect and disconnect sound.

The printer works fine otherwise, but what is causing this? It's annoying.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Why is it that my PC will not allow me to install Acrobat Reader run Spybot or run AVG without disconnecting reconnecting John Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows PC disconnecting/reconnecting XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer PC disconnecting/reconnecting v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe PC disconnecting/reconnecting C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA PC disconnecting/reconnecting Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Documents and Settings john My Documents My Received Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www orange co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Orange UK O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - HKLM Run AVG RegCleaner C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgregcl exe BOOT O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run winlogon C WINDOWS nvchost O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run iIWiper C Program Files iISystem Wiper SystemWiper exe m O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www orange co uk O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service LightScribeService - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe nbsp

A:PC disconnecting/reconnecting

i had a similaR PROBLEM
i removed myy isp and set it up again and all was fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-disconnecting-reconnecting.524325/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just recently built a new computer and everytime I disconnect the DVI cable from the video card i have to take out and put back the video card or else the computer wont boot up...does anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnecting-dvi-and-reconnecting.842405/
Relevancy 39.99%

i have a hp photosmart wireless printer..c309n-s fax...i recently moved it from one side on the room to another...also i just changed my home phone number and i had to re connect my wireless connect to the internet..now my printer does not work..i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in..but i think the problem is because i disconnect and reconnected my internet connection...i do not know how to reconnect my printer...this is my 1st time on this site and i really am a dummy at the computer tech stuff...so i need step by step instructions please...i have windows 7...please help..thanks..jmanry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-printer.998431/
Relevancy 39.99%

Like a dufus I failed to mark where every P connector goes.I don't know which one goes to the hard drive unit, etc, etc.I need help reconnecting everything but I cannot find a diagram if they have one.Would greatly appreciate some assistance and help.Thanks.

A:Reconnecting PSU on HP 5123SR - HELP

I found out where I needed to connect everything.However, no juice from the new PSU.Please help, what now?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153780.0.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I seriously cant use my machine the way I want to because of this issue this has been going on since the Laptop came out the box and I have verified this is not a DELL issue hardware issue It is the issue with the power going out the USB to my device When fix Connecting this??? USB i Reconnecting, do Keep how and I plug in my USB Stick USB Keep Connecting and Reconnecting, how do i fix this??? that is it works perfectly find the second I plug up my iPhone it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting so I cant even use it with my laptop and it is annoying I have looked high and low and I see that it is a known issue with Windows and none has addressed on how to fix this issue What I have USB Keep Connecting and Reconnecting, how do i fix this??? done so far to resolve the issue Device Manager USB Hub Power Management and uncheck Didn't work Tried a different apple cord didn't work tried plugging up my Nexus and Galaxy devices to the computer got the same issue I really don't know what to do and really need help in getting this issue resolved

A:USB Keep Connecting and Reconnecting, how do i fix this???

Have you already installed iTunes? Checked for iTunes updates? iTunes comes with drivers for Apple devices

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70359-usb-keep-connecting-reconnecting-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My half year old Saitek Cyborg Mouse disconnects and reconnects frequently during gaming. This started happening when I got a new screen, with higher resolution. I play games at the highest resolution, and play with lower graphics settings to compensate the lag. I get this info from the Windows log:

Event Source: PlugPlayManager
Event ID: 256
Description: Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "program or service name and/or GUID."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262129

Which tells me to ignore it. Gee, thanks Bill.

I'm on WIN32XPSP3, got a WinFast 8500 GT and a Philips 220CW8 screen [NEW], also 2.6 GHz AMD 2X 64 athlon 5000+

Will I have to part from my mouse for a replacement, or is this fixable? Is it the mouse, or even worse, another one of my components? I have overclocked my GPU, but I don't care too much for it.

Relevancy 39.56%

I have no idea why, it JUST started happening yesterday. And I have downloaded nothing, in fact, I have hardly done anything for this to happen. I realize SP3 has come out, but that should NOT affect my keyboard, since even still it is optional.

Really, it keeps doing it frequently, and even now, truly annoying. my mouse keeps working though. And yes, it IS plugged in, and not being shaken or anything.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel(R) CPU 2.53GHz
2.53 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Any other info, tell me and I'll probably need advice on how to do it as well... Thank you.

(I also tried googling this first but to no avail, it was unsolved.)

A:Keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

The keyboard is USB, it happens in any slot, it could be the ports. The thing is it only starts disconnecting when I start using it, and the mouse has no problems until the keyboard disconnects for about 3 minutes then reconfigures all the keys to do weird things and my mouse to be put on handicapped mode.

I thought it could be a virus, or malware, but AVG shows nothing, other than a trojan which I deleted, and I am going to do more checks with the programs you say work well for malware(was going to yesterday but the site was down).

Any responses requesting more information, I would be happy to oblige. Thank you for your time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-271233.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When i plug in my flashdrive to USB port
Its detected (coz theres sound after plugging in) but its immediately disconnect/reconnect after 2-3secs
I know the basic of electronics but i cannot apply it because my flashdrive case is fixed.
Is there any software that can fix it.?
Please help me.

A:USB Flash Drive always reconnecting

Hi there .... Is your flash drive damaged ? Have you tried using it in other usb ports ?..... Or on another computer... ?...Do other Devices work with your usb ports ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295280-usb-flash-drive-always-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Like the title said i keep disconnecting and reconnecting from my internet every 5minutes i would say then reconnect in 30seconds. I am using wireless, but if i use a ethernet then i won't have any trouble.

Relevancy 39.56%

Actually i've tried alot of solution to solve the problem .. but as in the title above .. im still facing the same problem ..
the modem router is connecting with the desktop (XP) and my laptop is connecting using wifi .. whenever the desktop is disconnecting , my laptop disconnected also ..
when i try to ping www.google.com.my .. it works fine for a period .. but when the problem is occured, it shows request timed out and a moment later it will shows reply from 192.168.1.1 : destination host unreachable .. and the DSL and internet light will disappear .. this really irritating me for a few days already .. and sorry for the bad english ..

Relevancy 39.56%

hi messenger msn disconnecting/reconnecting im new here and im not too sure where to put this so i hope this is the right place my msn messnger would log in but it would only show some of the people on my list i have about or so people on my list but only half of them would show up and after seconds or so it would show the rest of them but after minute it would disconnect me automatically and try to reconnect me again and it would repeat the process over and over again so for now ive been using web messenger but i would really like to get msn messenger back up and running again here is my hiijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM msn messenger disconnecting/reconnecting on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe C Program Files Echovoice Gamer Statistics G Echovoice Gamer Statistics exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium GammaTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files MagicTune Premium MagicTuneEngine exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files PC Wizard PC Wizard exe C Program Files PC Wizard pcwizard dll C Program Files Codemasters Archlord alefclient exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe quot O - HKLM Run Echovoice Gamer Statistics C Program Files Echovoice Gamer Statistics G Echovoice Gamer Statistics exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup GammaTray lnk O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager ccSetMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe O - Service ForceWare Intellig... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/msn-messenger-disconnecting-reconnecting-224498.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Greetings.
Got weird issue with my usb hub D-Link dub-h7 on iMac 27" 2013 ME089 running bootcamped Win 8.1 x64. Whenever I play games and alt-tabing to windows, system keeps reconnecting all my devices with typical "reconnect" sound for this. Playing MMO is horror atm because I need alt-tab a lot and everytime I do that - windows keeps reconnecting all stuff (hooked usb keyboard and phone charge atm). Devices like X7 mouse resets its speed light profile and keyboard may lag, even without playing game.
Tried to update 8.1 to latest version and use some tweaks from internet like turning off devices power saving, but nothing helped.

Found out that I'm not really the only one with such problems and Windows 7 doesn't have this issue, but unfortunatelly can't go back to 7.

Hope someone can help me with this... Thanks

A:Usb Hub keeps reconnecting devices while gaming on Win 8.1

Hi dezmen3!
This issue could be caused by a few things.
First thing that comes to mind is that the USB hub may not be supplying enough power to all the devices connected to it. Usually, connecting devices that require more power through the hub is not recommended, as they might not receive enough power to work properly. Usually a powered hub is more desired. One that has it's own power supply.
Are your USB drivers up to date?
Have you tried another main USB port to connect the hub in? Are you sure it hasn't suffered any kind of damage?
Another idea is to manage your power options in Windows 8.1. It's true that the new feature in Windows8.1. about power saving is making some problems and if you've disabled it, then that shouldn't be the cause. Still, you could look around and tweak your power options a bit more.
Go to Control Panel ? Hardware and Sound ? Power Options. Depending on your certain configuration, you may find something that changing it would help.
Best of luck!
CK_WD

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55921-usb-hub-keeps-reconnecting-devices-while-gaming-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Just today I started having this problem.

My lan cable says it has been unplugged, then 1 second later says its now plugged in. Therefore, I get disconnected from anything I have an active connection to every time this happens (happens about every 5 mins).

I checked the connection on the computer's end as well as the router's, its fine. Still having the problem though.

Relevancy 39.56%

Last night I bought Mass Effect on steam This Internet disconnecting/reconnecting morning it was at Well I got annoyed at the slow download speed I was getting in steam so I decided to set the Internet disconnecting/reconnecting bandwidth settings from Mbps to Internet disconnecting/reconnecting because recently I upgraded from a to service to a Mbps service Well it actually worked I started getting download speeds anywhere from kbps to mbps But as soon as these great download speeds started my internet would disappear after anywhere from min to mins I ve never had this problem since I got this router or my new internet with their cable modem And there is no connection even to the modem so I m pretty sure it s not the router And when I normally use the internet my activity light on my modem is blinking but when I turn on my steam download it is solid So I m wondering if it has anything to do with the good download speed I m getting Does the ISP see that I m using a lot of bandwidth and shut me down Edit ok I started steam and as soon as I did the activity light went solid again- I paused the download and it went back to blinking So I went into AvP classic - which just got updated recently for multiplayer and I as soon as I started looking for a mp game to play the activity light went solid again and after playing for a couple mins I got disconnected the scoreboard still showed people but there wasn t anyone but I didn t get actually cut off I was still in game Edit If I use a speed test while it s doing the actual download or upload test the activity light stays solid but as soon as it finishes it goes back to blinking I don t understand it and I don t understand why it would happen now I haven t changed anything else edit yes another edit well this time I disconnected my router- plugged the modem directly to my laptop It did the same exact thing So it s not the router nbsp

A:Internet disconnecting/reconnecting

Check with your internet provider.....some restrict usage during peak times no matter the bandwidth you are paying to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnecting-reconnecting.142199/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just got my internet working again today, after getting rid of a virus going around my campus, and now I'm having problems with AIM. It's constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting...and sometimes it will say "You are attempting to sign on again too soon. Please try again later." with my main screen name, even if I wait awhile. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.56%

i have a normal hp mouse that doesnt require any software to use. it disconnects randomly from time to time as i play games and use windows. i tried my mouse on my friends computer for a few minutes it worked perfectly. i bought a new mouse from a shop and used it .... although the new mouse didnt disconnect it started to shiver on screen while i didnt even touch the mouse... please help me guys ... i ordered a razer abyssus thinking it was a problem with my mouse but i want to figure out wheather the fault is in my pc or the peripheral device thank you soo much in advance for any help that u give me

A:Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello D have you tried updating the driver mate? Either through the Control Panel of the manufacturers site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270202-mouse-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all. I have recently set up a new internet connection. It is comcast cable, through a motorola SB5120, into a Dlink 524 router. It is WPA encrypted. My roommates and I have problems with losing the internet. We can't connect to webpages, and aim signs off. All we have to do is disconnect from the network, then reconnect, and everything is fine again, however that is really annoying. I am currently running windows XP, but it is effecting macs as well, so thats not part of it. Any ideas what might be causing it?

A:Constant reconnecting needed

Well, since it's a common component, try this:

Connect one or more of the computers using an Ethernet cable and see if you still have the disconnect issue. If so...

Connect a computer directly to the modem and see if you have a disconnect issue. If so...

Register at DSLReports and run their line quality tests. Post a link to the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-reconnecting-needed.648702/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, we recently upgraded to a dual-band belkin router using comcast's cable service.

I have successfully configured 4 laptops, iTouch, and a desktop (wired) to have great internet connections. However when trying to configure for another laptop, I am able to connect to the wireless network but everytime I open a webpage or connect to a website in a browser, the connection disconnects then connects once more failing to open the website. The laptop in question is XP SP3 which 2 other laptops have the same OS as well.

When checking ipconfig, an error message pops up saying:
"An internal error occured: a device attached to the system is not functioning.
Please contact Microsoft ...
Additional information: Unknown media status code."

Any ideas or replies are greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless connection keeps reconnecting

Also, the laptop works fine with a wired connection and is able to connect to unsecured wireless networks and works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-keeps-reconnecting.1012193/
Relevancy 39.56%

Be gentle with me, I'm new to the networking side of computers.

I've recently set up my two computers (relatively new DELLs) so I can have internet (ADSL) on both. It works, but every 10-20mins the internet drops out I have to pull the power plug from the router (Dlink DI 704P) and plug it back in again then everything's ok for another few mins.

Any ideas about whats going wrong?

A:dlink 704p needs reconnecting

Sounds like it could be a flakey router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-704p-needs-reconnecting.487664/
Relevancy 39.56%

THERE IS NO CORRECT BOARD, SO I SELECT ANYTHING. I have HP ProBook 470 G2.   I find one problem with USB3 ports.  External hard drives disconnecting and reconnecting. They work fine on PC USB3 When I connect the external hard drive to the new laptop throught USB 3.0 port, it gets randomly disconnecting and reconnecting continuously, even when I am not using it. Also happens if I connect to another usb 3.0 port. Also I have observed that If I connect the external hard drive to a USB 2.0 port instead of an USB 3.0 port all work ok, no randomly disconnection and reconnection occurs. It only happens when I connect it to an USB 3.0   Never have such problem on old HP ProBook 4540S laptop.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-3-0-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5567723
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Dell Inspiron with a WindowsXP os using the service pack I am using a Trendnet TEW UB wireless card and a linksys router There dropping keeps wireless and reconnecting? is a wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? computer in the basement that never loses connection so I know that whatever is going on is with my computer Everyfew seconds I lose my connection and then my computer automatically reconnects It has happened times going on since typing in this window began Just to post anything I have to weight for the connection to come up hit send and hope that it goes in time to get up before the connection drops I've managed to get the programs downloaded from the quot First Steps quot thread I've already been to the XP support boards and some people were kind enough to suggest some fixes but they haven't worked I've attached one of two zip files and cut and pasted the dds txt The zip file that is missing took an hour to scan my computer and then when I tried to save it to my desktop I got a message saying it was too large What ended up on the desktop was just a blank file I did get a message at the end of the scan that said something to the order of quot No changes were found to have been made to this system quot It was yesterday so I don't remember the exact wording If I need to run the scan again and can do something different to save the results let me know And thank you for spending time with my problem If you happen to live in Louisville KY I'd bring you some of my homemade chocolate covered toffee just for trying to help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by David Baker at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB TRENDnet exe C Program Files Wireless LAN WLAN CardBus Utility WLAN UI EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB SiSWLSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Internet wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings David Baker Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO jZip Webmail plugin fd a-c f - f - fc - b f f - c program files jzip WebmailPlugin dll BHO Groove GFS Browser wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot StartupFolder c docume davidb startm programs startup onenot lnk - c program files microsoft office office ONENOTEM EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup wirele lnk - c windows installer bdc e a-f b- -ab - e c NewShortcut BDC E AF B AB E C exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup wlanca lnk - c program files wireless lan wlan cardbus utility WLAN UI EXE IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF D... Read more

A:wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting?

I'm not sure where it is supposed to indicate there is an attachment here but I don't see it? If the "attach.txt" file isn't here let me know and I will reattach. This is what I'm dealing with trying to find a window of opportunity to "send" something before the connection drops... If my hair was long enough to pull on, I'd be yanking clumps of it from my skull.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/wireless-keeps-dropping-and-reconnecting-389491.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Dell Dimension hard drive died. Replaced it and used recovery CD. Windows XP Pro is the operating system.

All has gone smoothly until reestablishing to internet. It just beeps.

We have ADSL modem which goes to the two computers via cable. Cables are plugged into bot computers.

Basement computer is working fine on internet. ONly uses LAN - and has a check mark in Automaticly Detect Settings box.

We use CITCOM for our ISP. Help.

A:Puzzled Not reconnecting to internet

First- have you set up a connection with the conection wizard? If not- go to Start>Control Panel>NEtwork and Internet Connections> and then click on "Set up or change your internet connection" Follow the prompts.

If still no connection:

Did the drivers install for the ethernet card? To check go to My Computer and right click on it and choose Manage. Then click on Device Manager. Look at your Network Adapters. If there is a yellow question mark there- then it may be that it did not load the drivers for it.

That is a good start to find out what is happening. Post back with results.

Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/puzzled-not-reconnecting-to-internet-146539.html
Relevancy 39.56%

USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win 8.1 x64 on x61t on the slightest movement, but inconsistently. Files are getting corrupted! I've disabled airbag protection. I've disabled power saving options on USB ports. I can't seem to fix this. I've installed every windows update I found mention of on the internet.  Could it be that the motherboard is damaged? Seems unlikely given that I get the same problem with usb ports on both left and right side of the machine.  Do I have to bid old faithful farewell? Many others report this problem on other computers. I also wonder if it's a problem with lenvo's new power management drivers delivered via windows update. 

A:USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting in Win ...

Hello,

Just to rule out it being a hardware issue, have you tried booting the ThinkPad X61t from a Linux Live USB/ISO disc and seeing if the problem still occurs under that different operating system?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/USB-devices-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-in-Win-8-1-x64-on/td-p/2271398
Relevancy 39.56%

My laptop is continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting reconnecting and Continuosly disconnecting to the internet The Continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting connection might start stable for like an hour after starting my laptop and then disconnect for a second or two and immediately reconnect and again work fine for a while Or sometimes right after starting my laptop the on off circus Continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting starts immediately and I need to reboot The connection is never gone for more than a few seconds and works fine when it well works This started to occurr after I switched from Comodo firewall antivirus to the built in windows firewall amp Microsoft security essentials My idea was to keep my pc as quot default quot as possible and felt like it was stupid to let the built in firewall just rot in there since it supposedly is prefectly fine for a normal user I had problems with uninstalling Comodo and I believe some traces are still left It's unbelievable how hard they have made it to uninstall hehe Perhaps it's Comodo's ghost's doings And yeah I'm using wlan and wlans are famous for not working but it has always worked for me before Modem is Telewell EA I believe I know how to change access its settings if needed but got no idea what to change if thats the problem Got mb connection I'd really like to keep using the built in firewall amp security essentials so help me oh wise ones I'm using Windows Home Premium bit

A:Continuosly disconnecting and reconnecting

the best thing for you pc is to let it stand on it feet without any additional helper because sometimes those additional helper who might help messed up your pc. and talk about hard time uninstalling comodo. do you uninstall it fine from add/remove ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85285-continuosly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I'm aware there's already plenty of documentation on this but I've tried literally everything I can find from a google search and nothing has helped I've tried New mouse updating reinstalling drivers removing all the USB entries in device manager and letting them reinstall after deleting a file i forget the name that contains information about USB devices so windows regenerates it reinstalling windows updating windows turning off all possible related power management options different USB ports registry cleaning microsoft USB disconnecting Mouse and reconnecting quot hotfixes quot and USB Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting checking for any corrupted values in my registry The exact mouse I'm using is the beyondtek z- mouse amp keyboard The keyboard works perfectly the mouse is the only device that reconnects every so often The intervals are inconsistent ranging from a few seconds to a few hours It started happening when the mouse was brand new and with a brand new windows installation It happened with the mouse I was using before too so I don't think it's a hardware issue My computer is a Toshiba satellite c - running windows home premium bit I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to fix this

A:USB Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello and welcome BC mate sounds like (to me) the mouse needs returning to the seller or manufacturer if this has been happening since new then it is probably some internal issue (in the mouse).

PS Meant to ask are you using separate ports or a hub??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368825-usb-mouse-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone reconnecting all the Lenovo time y50-70 Wi-Fi nbsp I'm using Lenovo y - with i processor for couple of months I'm just tired of trying to fix it by myself that's why this post My wi-fi connection is I upgraded my os to Windows and had problem with limited connection when you had to disconnect and connect again on network so it works I tried many things but lately I've installed some new drivers Lenovo y50-70 Wi-Fi reconnecting all the time and so far this situation didn't came back But still there is some loss of connection because when I try to play some mmo games I keep getting server disconnected which I assume is by wifi still got some issue with my laptop EDIT wifi card is broadcom ac bcm drivers from - broadcom wlan nbsp Can I please get any help I can provide any info about specs or whatever just let me know which ones hopefully there is some savior for this because I'm really tired of this issue and to be honest I didn't expected that when I was buying this machine Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo y50-70 Wi-Fi reconnecting all the time

Just a suggestion: Try to shut down the unit and your router and modem. After a few minutes, start the modem. Start the router after the modem is fully initialized and wait until it is also initialize. Then start the unit and check the connection.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-70-Wi-Fi-reconnecting-all-the-time/td-p/2253574
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys I have this problem with my wifi internet.
It works fine for about 3 minutes, then drops a few bars in connectivity for about 20s, then fully disconnects before reconnecting in around one minutes time. This pattern keeps on repeating. The internet wifi on my phone and my girlfriend's laptop works completely fine. This started happening around 2 weeks ago and has been very frustrating. The two months before that, (when I moved into this house) there were no problems with the internet.
The internet is stable in Safe Mode with Networking, thats why I think there is something wrong/

I have scanned with malwarebytes full scan coming up with 0 results. Clean booting doesn't seem to fix it either.

I am using Windows 7.

Thanks in Advance.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hello -
Are other people using the internet at the time that this happens ??
Has the ISP been contacted about this problem, or do you still think it may be an infection ??

Please run these few scans. Download them to desktop, and Copy and Paste all replies.
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 users may need to Right click and Run as administrator.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop to run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Please post your last Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Full scan.
Update and rescan if it was over 2 days ago.
The scan results are found by opening the program and Logs are at the top.
These will be dated, so you can check your last one.

Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes.
Copy and paste that log.

NOW : * Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Untick any known good programs, or post that log first if you are not sure
* Next : Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are also saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Next -
Once you are satistied with AdwCleaner .......
Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and save it to your Desktop.
* Close all open programs and  Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus now to avoid potential conflicts.
* Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7 / 8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* The tool will open and start scanning your system.
* Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
* On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
* Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons, browser helper objects (BHOs) and other junkware to include many related registry entires (values, keys)

EDIT - Is there any problem if you connect by Ethernet cable to your computer -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527583/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 39.56%

My boss just bought 5 new Dell Dimension 2350 with XP home ed and wanted me to put them on the network. I've set them up and they can see the network fine, but when i map a drive and reboot the machine, the drives will not reconnect. I chose the options to reconnect but it still does not work.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something i can do to make sure it reconnects after a reboot?

A:mapped drives not reconnecting in XP

I've seen this happen, and haven't figured out why. Instead of wasting my time on the problem, I simply worked around it. In your startup folder, just make a new Batch file (.bat) with lines like:

net use s: \\server\shared

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapped-drives-not-reconnecting-in-xp.119318/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello there, im having a problem, actually its been 2 years now and remain unsolved. my USB port keep reconnecting when connected to phone and other certain flashdisk, every second. but when i plug my portable HDD the reconnecting problem only occur with time periode of an hour or so, not every second.

but i sucesfully narrowing the problem tho, it only occur when plugged to charger (laptop btw) and when Nvidia GPU is enable, when Nvidia disabled and in charging the problem is gone, like never exist.

i think it was driver fault, i've sent this laptop back to service center, but they doesn't found that issue, i know this is my fault for not using windows 8 at the first place (the driver CD only work for win8) but i manage to collect win7 driver from asus website, but the website never update USB driver for win 10 tho.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43225-phone-several-usb-flash-keep-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

So, I got a new internet service provider a few week ago, now I am having issues with my internet. What happens is every random minutes or so, my internet for my pc, keeps disconnecting me from the internet then a few seconds later, it connects me again. This is very annoying when I am gaming, if anyone could help me please! I want to get this problem over with. I already tried deleting my network adapter and that didn't do anything, and I also restarted my router, which didn't do anything either. I connect to my internet with an Ethernet cable (wired), this doesn't seem to be happening to the wifi and I don't notice any lights from router/modem.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I would uninstall the ethernet/NIC driver and then reboot and reinstall same...the current installed driver may be damaged.

Have you contacted your ISP, since you seem to indicate that troubles began with the change?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620234/internet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/
Relevancy 39.56%

Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows update Got hold to after internet Need reconnecting help with 7 windows of windows Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7 Ultimate bit and reformatted my windows xp media with my computer getting slower and Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7 slower figured Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7 it was time to Finlay reformat did a clean install it looks great love how it feels works and looks but i have ran in to a issue i thought i Simply forgot how to reconnect to internet so i got hold some Consumer service and we went threw every way this poor person who tryed help me could do to reconnect me but seems there is some issue with the windows that i cant reconnect to internet cant seem to evan id a IP address anyone help me was xp but now windows ulta bit router wireless-g WRT G LINKSYS plugged in directly to router not wireless if someone can help me it would mean alot cause im trying to job hunt and its hard with out internet and my bf will be attending college soon so i need this computer up and working soon i am barrowing my bf's sisters's laptop but i have to give it back casue she in college as well i barrowed it to try find away to fix this problem

A:Need help with reconnecting to internet after windows 7

are the drivers installed for the ethernet card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/58553-need-help-reconnecting-internet-after-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello my name is Dave First of all regardless of success at fixing my problem thank you for attempting to help As well I was at the keeps wireless and reconnecting? dropping malware virus thread and was going wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? to do that but and here's the problem my wireless connection won't stay around long enough to download any of the software from the links It starts to download connecting drops and resets and the download freezes up and I get an error message I have a Dell Inspiron with a Windows XP os with the wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? Service Pack I am using a linksys wireless router My mother's computer in the basement is on the same router and her connection works fine so I know that the problem I am having is with my computer What happens is every few seconds my connection wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting? just drops out and then reconnects As well I keep getting messages like quot There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network quot However I'll click on the network icon and the only connection it shows is the linksys quot Wireless Network Connection quot Everything was working fine until last week I've tried everything I can think of to try but I'm very much NOT a computer person so Around the time this started I downloaded a few things Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars and Fritz Lang's masterpiece M from Utorrent and I've since removed Utorrent from my computer as all this trouble isn't worth a free album and movie If that is indeed what happened Anyhow I'm pulling my hair out trying to resolve this No pulling-out-hair emoticon lol Like I said I'm not a computer person so I can get lost real quick if you start talking in techno speak I am a wonderful poet and have written a few novels so my brain is more geared towards that end of the human condition Again thank you if you can help Now if I can just find a window of opportunity when the connection is on to submit this so it can get through

A:wireless keeps dropping and reconnecting?

Hello giggidygiggidy

Quote:

"There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network."

This is telling you that you have the same IP address as another machine on your network.

Right click your Network Connection/Properties/General
Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (Scoll down to find it)
Click Properties.

Make sure both of the following are checked
Obtain an IP address automatically
Obtain DNS server address automatically
OK

Reboot and Windows should find you another IP address

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-keeps-dropping-and-reconnecting-388153.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total keeps reconnecting Hard Drive - MB Free - MB H Total Hard Drive keeps reconnecting - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- GM-UD H Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Hello I m having Hard Drive keeps reconnecting trouble with my Hard Drive Whenever I m in a game it will be running fine without a hiccup for around an hour and then it will pop up with quot Steam exe has failed quot or something along those lines The game will force close and a few minutes later a bunch of autoplay windows will start popping up for my partitions showing that the drive has been connected I ve reformatted the hard drive using Windows Disk Management reinstalled the games completely It could be my PSU but I m not sure how to go about checking if this is the problem The only game that has caused it to crash is Football Manager but I have completely re installed that game and the problem still occurs The hard drive is internal not external I have ran CrystalDiskInfo before and after the format Before the format it gave me a Caution sign for C Current Pending Sector Count but after the format this caution sign went away and the health status was changed to Good Could anybody provide some advice Thanks nbsp

A:Hard Drive keeps reconnecting

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools. Run the short and long tests. If either test fails or has errors, the drive is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-keeps-reconnecting.1099767/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm quite sure this isn't a mouse issue like a intermittent cable or such But i hear that sound that you get when you pull a active USB device out of it's socket and the mouse is frozen then a few seconds later the reconnect sound and the mouse starts working again It happens no matter which USA port i use and i cannot make it happen by wiggling the cable It is also very intermittent in when it keeps then USB disconnecting reconnecting mouse does it It might work fine for most of the day then all of a sudden it disconnects USB mouse keeps disconnecting then reconnecting and reconnects several times USB mouse keeps disconnecting then reconnecting over the course of a minute or so then stops doing it for up to a day Nothing was changed since this started and the USB drivers are the original ones i haven't updated and the mouse driver has no new driver since i bought it about mo ago It's a roccat gaming mouse I think this is a USB issue but i can't think of what could have caused it to just start happening out of the blue

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400438-usb-mouse-keeps-disconnecting-then-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey there!

my internet keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting after for some reason. I am using wifi on my computer to connect to the internet and every other computer in the house uses same thing and works fine. But my computer keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting to internet for some reason. It just started a couple days ago. Sometimes it goes a couple minutes before disconnecting and sometimes it disconnects after a couple hours but it keeps doing it and is really annoying.

Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Thanks,

A:Internet keeps disconnecting and ten reconnecting

The first thing I would do is run to the manufacturer's website for your wireless device
then download and reinstall the latest version of the driver/software they have.
It's possible that alone could fix the problem.

I would also look at power options to make sure nothing related to connection is set to disable/reduce power EVER.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199807-internet-keeps-disconnecting-ten-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

So a few weeks ago we switched from Comcast Internet to Verizon FIOS disconnecting reconnecting internet New and keeps and now my internet connection has been disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of minutes I remember this happening last year and we fixed it by plugging in my IP address and DNS Server instead of having the box checked to automatically detect them This worked It s not working now I ve tried directly connecting to the modem and that s not working Also when I try and play a video file from the internet now on Windows Media it says that it s not connected to the internet and I ve been tryin to update my real player and it won t update cause it says I m not connected even though I am connected for both of them I don t know if this has anything to do with anything but I restarted my computer last night and when it rebooted a dialog box pops up saying that i m missing a file called logon I forget exactly what it said cause I freaked and just clicked ok any help would be GREATLY appreciated cause this is New internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting getting really annoying I m on a Gateway Notebook and it s running WINDOWS XP nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi everyone my computer has been giving me some problems recently The problem I m having is that my mouse a Logitech G gaming mouse will randomly stop working my computer will freeze for a second and then it will reconnect It makes the sound like I m disconnecting connecting it via USB So far I ve tried updating my mouse drivers and for my keyboard too disconnecting and Mouse itself? Solved: reconnecting which is a Logitech G gaming keyboard switched to all possible USB ports on my computer and tried a general system clean up No luck at all The wire on my mouse isn t frayed or broken at any point either this problem occurs sometimes when I don t even move my mouse Here are some details about my computer OS Windows Ultimate updated with newest service pack CPU Intel i gHz Graphics card GIGABYTE Radeon HD GB RAM GB Thank you in advance If there is any other information that is required please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hey All I am not very good with computers and networking etc but I will do my best to explain what is going on I have a wireless disconnecting/reconnecting connection Internet modem so my router is with the modem My internet connection will disconnect and then reconnect in - seconds every few minutes It does it on my desktop computer and it also does it on my phone with the same connection When I try to diagnose problem with windows I get a message that says something like quot Connection between access point router cable modem and internet is broken quot I Internet connection disconnecting/reconnecting also got the message an Ethernet cable is unplugged but I don t think I Internet connection disconnecting/reconnecting have one since I use a wireless modem I did a windows IP config with the internetz help and copied it here Any suggestions Thank you all in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tobys-Pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd in comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - -AE-D -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd in comcast net Description Ralink RT R bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - -AE-D -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f c d d Preferred Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Thursday March AM IPv Address f c d b b Preferred Temporary IPv Address f c f a cb b e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe d b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM Default Gateway fe ee ff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -C - - - - B- E- -B DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - B- E- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd in comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd in comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd c fc bbd c f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c fc bbd c f Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -C - - - - B- E- -B NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

My computer at work (church office) was attacked by a computer virus last week. Of course, my antivirus software was shut down. I used the link on your site to clean up the files. I have my McAfee antivirus software back up and going. Only problem is I can't get the computer back online (hooked to the internet). We have wireless laptops on the network and they connect, but with the virus attack and then cleanup I'm thinking some of the settings changed or something. When I open IE or Firefox it gives me a message something about the Proxy Server. I would appreciate any help on how to get it back online.

Thanks so much!!

A:Reconnecting to internet after virus attack

Malware may install a proxy server, changing your browser settings and screwing up your ability to connect to sites.

With IE open...Tools/Internet Options...Connections tab.

Click LAN Settings button...clear everything and click OK. See if that helps.

If so, make the same type of check in Firefox.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340706/reconnecting-to-internet-after-virus-attack/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, so basicaly my problem is stated in the title, I've tried everything, disabled the auto channel on router and fixed it on 3-7, checked powersaving and checked wifi card to be used at max performance even on battery, i even enabled ECN and congestion control in win7 and used Wi-fi Optimizer and i still couldn't pin point the issue.
According to it the signal is "Excelent" yet when i need it to be stable it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically almost with a pace, i can't tell what may be causing this, i also disabled bluetooth.

Edit: I live in the outskirts and I used Xirrus Wi-fi Inspector to see if there are any other connections that could jam or overlap and mine is the only one, so it's not that.

A:Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automaticaly

[guess]
Have you checked power and heat? If it is dropping under load it could be either one.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586197/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting-automaticaly/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my USB wireless network adapter. I'm not sure whether the operating system is the problem. Basically what happens is the adapter will disconnect every now and again (a few times a week), and I can't reconnect to any network until I disable the adapter and then re-enable it. This isn't just a problem limited to my PC, my laptop does the same thing and my girlfriend's laptop too, and a few other people I've asked who use wireless adapters.

As this seems to be such a common problem, I suppose what I really want is just to know why this happens? Is it limited to Vista and Windows 7 or is it to do with the adapters themselves?

Thanks!

A:Wireless adapter disconnecting and not reconnecting

can we see the following when its connected OK and also repeat all the tests when disconnected - see below
also lets see what the wireless environment looks like- post back xirrus - see below

This isn't just a problem limited to my PC, my laptop does the same thing and my girlfriend's laptop too, Click to expand...

is this with your adapter or when connected to your router or just a generic statement - a little more detail would help

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-disconnecting-and-not-reconnecting.960903/
Relevancy 39.13%

can anyone help me here pls

In noticed that when i plug my ethernet cord in the LAN ethernet intergrated port my local area connection 2 keeps connecting and disconnecting. It tries to connect for about 12sec then it tries to reconnect for about 5-6sec, and this keeps doing that same process over and over. I have noticed in the back the amber light blinks every 3sec and the green light is solid. Do you think the port is about the fail or can i have any suggestion? I also reset the modem and disconnect the cable and put plug them back in.

A:Lan connection problem disconnection and reconnecting

you say its connection 2 do you have another nic also what is the end result after waiting to connect (limited or no connectivity or media disconnected or what)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-connection-problem-disconnection-and-reconnecting.134395/
Relevancy 39.13%

i have a problem...

i have a Linksys Router (Model: BEFSR41 v.4.1), and each time i play an online game, downloading files, or running a server my router keeps disconnecting and reconnecting over and over every second almost thus killing my connections.

is there a remedy to this troublesome problem, if so please let me know.

Relevancy 39.13%

I have a rather old Linksys WUSB11 Wireless-B USB adapter that worked fine with my old D-Link DSL-2640T Wireless G router. However when I changed to D-Link DIR-615 router, problem arises. My USB adapter keeps disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnects to the router. Signal strength was averagely 3 bars that time. It was used on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

Any idea on why is this happening? Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless USB adapter keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

hi

USB is notorious for being flaky and i would and have always advised against using it, however you could try changing the channel on your router to another number this may fix the issue for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-adapter-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting.165868/
Relevancy 39.13%

I used to have my HP 4050T hooked up to my Dell Dimension 3000 printer, running Windows XP about 2 years ago. It has been hooked up to different Dell computer but I decided I wanted to use it with my computer again. So I know the printer has been working fine. There is no message about a print driver not being found....it says its sending to the printer, but nothing prints. I had a HP 5000 hooked up and it worked fine. Using the same cable I had on it, just changed printers. Please help!

A:Solved: Reconnecting HP Laser Jet 4050T

hi , have you cleared spooler queue?

type cmd in run

type in command window

net stop spooler <enter>
net start spooler <enter>

reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reconnecting-hp-laser-jet-4050t.947025/
Relevancy 39.13%

My Windows will stay connected to any of my Android devices it rapidly and disconnecting consistently Windows reconnecting 8.1 connects and disconnects sometimes so quickly the connection sound doesn't have time to finish before the disconnecting sound is played I have my new laptop Dell XPS about a month and I've spent several hours every week trawling through forums and search engines trying every solution I could find Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting and reconnecting The consensus as far as I can see is that nobody Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting and reconnecting wants to admit that the fault lies with Windows when clearly it does Here is a list of everything I have tried All with no other USB peripherals plugged in Tried different cables all high quality Samsung genuine cables Tried different USB ports I've tried all of them several times Turn off automatic power management I've turn it on and off followed by restarts still the same issue Tried this fix Windows USB device constantly being disconnected and reconnected - Microsoft Community Tried this buy my Regedit does not have the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled option Help After installing Windows my USB device doesn't charge or it disconnects and reconnects frequently - Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs Tried newest Samsung drivers with and without Kies Re-installing USB controllers Everything works fine on my other W laptop it is definitely down to Windows I know this because even when I run an OS in Vmware and forward the USB connection to my virtual drive it NEVER disconnects The worst thing is I'm an Android developer and after having bought the most expensive laptop I'v eever owned I can't run or test any apps because it can't do something as simple as hold onto a USB connection for over a few seconds at a time If anybody has any other ideas as to what I can to fix this I would be extremely grateful after wasting so many hours trying to find a solution I've fallen behind on my work and I can't afford to keep up this banging my head against the wall retrying solutions that don't work In the meantime when I need to test and app I have to resend my code to my phone tablet over and over in the hope it reaches the device in one of the small windows of time that it stays connected all the while putting up with the annoying connect reconnect bleeps

A:Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi,
Am so sorry that they couldnt find a fix for your problem but youve come to the right place.
Anyway your problem is so rare and weird but we will do our best.
Okay first you have to download several tools and give me their log so we can approach the problem bit by bit.
First do this:
P.S: i know you are a developer and have advanced skills but please follow the instructions to avoid any problems
If any program won't run ( due to the infection ) let me know.
Run RogueKiller
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securi...
http://majorgeeks.com/RogueKiller_d...
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/file...
http://tigzy.geekstogo.com/roguekil...
http://www.sur-la-toile.com/RogueKi...
User Guide
http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rog...
Official tutorial
http://www.adlice.com/softwares/rog...
If RogueKiller won't run, open IE & turn off SmartScreen Filter.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/...
Download & SAVE to your Desktop. If your default download location is not theDesktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.
Quit all programs that you may have started.
Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!
For Vista or Windows 7/8, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"
For Windows XP, double-click to start.
Wait until Prescan has finished ...
Then Click on "Scan" button
Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"
Click on "Delete"
Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"
Click on "Report" and Copy & Paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.
The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your Desktop.
Exit/Close RogueKiller.
When completed make sure to re-enable your antivirus.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57270-windows-8-1-consistently-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I am having trouble gaming because my laptop keeps either disconnecting then reconnecting or says connected but no internet access then shortly after changes back to normal.I am on a toshiba satellite s4102. what can i do to fix this problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6051 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1262 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 698475 MB, Free - 616295 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, POQAA
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Disabled

Relevancy 39.13%

Like the title states: my external dvd drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from both the front and rear USB ports of my PC. It appears in Device Manager for a second and then disappears. The drive is connected via a SATA/USB converter and plugged directly into an electrical socket.

It also makes loading and ejecting sounds.

This is really frustrating at this point...

Thanks for your input!

A:External DVD Drive keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Is this a laptop?

How often does it connect/disconnect?

Does it do it while in use or after being left alone?

Is your computer putting it to sleep?

Change your power plan to max performance and see if the problem goes away.

If it does we can tweak the settings and go bacvk to your normal power plan

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25706-external-dvd-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Prerequisites Windows Professional x SP No pending updates Drivers up-to-date Linksys AE wireless adapter I find that my current issue may be a tad odd because I haven't been able to find a similar issue in any search so I come to you guys in hopes that someone has heard of or experienced it before After a few minutes of use if I were to disconnect my computer from my wireless internet issue wireless to internet Reconnecting either Reconnecting to wireless internet issue by removing the usb adapter or disconnecting through the network center and attempt to reconnect immediately afterwards the network and sharing center will no longer respond to my input Clicking the internet icon on the taskbar will do nothing nor will going through the control panel and attempting to click quot connect to network quot afford any results Restarting explorer doesn't seem to fix anything and the only solution I've found is rebooting the system entirely I've fallen for the idea that my installation my be fubar but I'm hoping there's a simpler solution than that The only troubleshooting I've attempted is the sfc command which didn't find anything Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Reconnecting to wireless internet issue

Does this issue arise if left alone? If not, do you need to be able to remove the USB adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236660-reconnecting-wireless-internet-issue.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there,

Our work computers are no longer connecting to the server. In the system tray there is an icon indicating offline file status and if I open it the computer information indicates that the computer is "unavailable for reconnect". There was someone working in this station before me and I don't know what could have been done to cause this, though I am aware that there have been general network connectivity issues where our stations have been unable to connect to a LAN network.

I read in an archived thread something about the security ID of a station will change with a fresh OS install - could something like that have happened here? I don't know anything about Windows Server so I'm going to need very detailed replies, here!

Thanks!

A:Reconnecting to Windows Server 2003

Work computers = contact your IT administrators.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/reconnecting-to-windows-server-2003.4064300/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey,
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse (wired) which I've had for about 2 or so years. Recently, it has started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Some of the time, it doesn't automatically reconnect, so I have to unplug the USB connector and replug it back in.

I've tried setting my device settings to not automatically sleep to save power and I've also tried buying a new USB card for my PC, both of which did not work.

What's unusual is that the mouse seems to work on my netbook which, with the other solutions I've tried, leads me to believe it is something to do with settings on my PC rather than hardware.

Does anyone have any insight into why is this happening and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

A:Mouse Keeps Randomly Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Its probably the fault of the mouse. Once it disconnects, try pushing the wire into either end of the mouse and see if it reconnects.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297576-mouse-keeps-randomly-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I came in today to a down network. Everything's been fine for years. I have tried several things, and where I am at now is: I have the cable modem working, the router is working. I can get on the internet using the wireless on my laptop, and a wired cable connection on my desktop. I have connected one switch which has about 12 of its 24 ports connected to computers. I can still get on the internet. However, when I connect another switch of 24 ports, I lose all internet. I have two more switches to connect. There is obviously something wrong there. Does anyone have any idea of what I should be looking for? Or do I just have to disconnect all and reconnect one port at a time?

Thank you,
Lisa

A:Reconnecting a switch knocks out my internet

Well, I'd start by checking that switch you're connecting! Either it's bad, or perhaps you have created a loop by connecting multiple ports between two switches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-a-switch-knocks-out-my-internet.825859/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been having problems lately with my ethernet and charger disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes my charger wont even reconnect unless i unplug it from the 2nd cord, plug it back in. This has been happening over the past week now.

A:Ethernet and Charger keep disconnecting and reconnecting

Does the power socket at the PC end feel loose?If yes, then it may be a bad socket or a socket that may have become loose over a period of time.Although this sort of this is rare, I would sugegst you to try and see if moving the power cable in its place makes any difference.If not then it could be a bad AC Adapter.Have you tried with another/spare AC adapter?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-and-Charger-keep-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/td-p/5773911
Relevancy 39.13%

So I have this pretty sweet flash drive GB and USB I used it for a while but it wasn't fast enough so I enabled write caching The downside to write caching is that unplugging the flash drive without ejecting is more dangerous I don't know if this was the problem or even when the problem started but one day my flash drive stopped working A while later it started saying it was unformatted I forgot what I did But today I went to format it After plugging it in the quot You need to format this drive to format it Would you like to do that now quot popped up I closed it then it popped up again And again And again and again and again These windows also interuppted whatever I was doing being thrusted on top of all the other windows Also they happened every single second reconnecting second. disconnecting every Flash and keeps drive On quot Computer quot I could see my flash drive disappearing and reappearing for a Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. brief moment every second System Specs Intel i - M CPU GHz Intel HD Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Graphics Jealous GB RAM Windows professional service pack TOSHIBA Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second. Laptop DXDiag Pastebin com I recently enabled my paging file if that means anything That's all I can remember doing I'm pretty much unable to do anything with the drive because I only have time to type one letter before yet another formatting window pops up Also the drive keeps disconnecting or something so any formats will fail I have used a USB SSD and other flash drive today and they both worked fine

A:Flash drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every second.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
What exact model flash drive sweet is not a specific description

I'd say the error would most like say must initialize caused by not properly removing the device
let windows initialize it you pretty much have no choice as far as I know :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388540-flash-drive-keeps-disconnecting-reconnecting-every-second.html