Windows Support Forum

KVM Switch, No working Monitor input

Q: KVM Switch, No working Monitor input

Hello!
About a year ago, the newest monitor for our home's main computer stopped functioning, so it had stopped being used. However, today I was in search of some files I needed that were on our old main computer, so I hooked up the old monitor that came with that computer and it didn't work as well. (The old monitor worked on a different computer). I tried hooking up a few other spare monitors to the old computer, but it they also did not work either. I came to the conclusion that the monitor input had crashed.

So, here's my question: Is it possible to use a KVM switch to display the old computers monitor display on my laptop to get access to my files, even without the old computer's monitor input functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-no-working-monitor-input.204590/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: KVM Switch, No working Monitor input

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.97%

Hope someone can help.

I have difficulty physically reaching my monitor due to disability. I need to switch my video inputs on my Samsung P2450 (Samsung util software does not do the job) as I use the (Windows) PC/monitor to set other hardware i.e. Apple TV & cubox i4, and need to switch from digital > HDMI and back.
I used to use mControl by EnTech but they no longer exist and the software needs a new licence.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated - I'm very low tech and have noticed something called command line/Auto HotKey input apps. These are above my tech level so keep it simple please.

All the best

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-to-switch-monitor-input.1167207/
Relevancy 67.08%

I wiped the drive clean on my dell 8100 with ME and want to do a clean install of XP.

However, I'm getting this message on my monitor when I try to go into the BIOS. I don't get the option of hit F2 or anything.

Thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-is-working-input-no-signal.337947/
Relevancy 67.08%

Laptop system Windows Home Premium bit Laptop ASUS K F Intel Graphics Monitor ViewSonic VX with p display ViewSonic inputs from monitor data sheet pin mini D-sub DVI-D Supported HDMI ver spec Display port spec with suitable adaptor I purchased monitor amp laptop years ago Been using laptop VGA output to monitor VGA input Realizing that a new laptop will have HDMI out but no VGA out I wanted to ensure that the monitor will work with HDMI I used the following connection VX Monitor DVI input --to-- DVI cable that came with monitor --to-- DVI-to-HDMI adapter --to-- Laptop HDMI output A The Does Work Not Div Vga Monitor Working, But Input DVI-to-HDMI adapter contained all pins on both the DVI and HDMI sides so that no signals should be missing Purchased from walmart https www walmart com ip INSTEN-D ed-Adapter-Converter-For-HDTV-LCD-TV Monitor Div Input Not Working, But Vga Does Work B The DVI cable that came with the monitor Monitor Div Input Not Working, But Vga Does Work has pins Perhaps not compatible with HDMI This above configuration did not work When I plugged the DVI-to-HDMI adapter into the laptop the laptop screen went blank as though the laptop was trying to display to the monitor But nothing showed up on the monitor screen Since the laptop screen went blank I am assuming that the laptop is outputting a HDMI signal I tried the following Update drivers for ViewSonic monitor amp Intel graphics both needed new drivers - no change Turn off everything Plug DVI cable into monitor amp into laptop HDMI port Turn on monitor Turn on laptop - no change Nothing shows on either screen The monitor menu has a selection for input D-Sub or DVI I switched input to DVI when the monitor is on while using the VGA cable Monitor screen goes blank then comes back on after a few seconds still usign the VGA input -A Note that in the event someone suggests plugging the VGA and HDMI calbe into the laptop at the same time there is no room to plug both at same time Switch monitor input to DVI then quickly unplug VGA cable from laptop amp plug in HDMI - did not work Both screens remain blank Any suggestions nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/monitor-div-input-not-working-but-vga-does-work.310530/
Relevancy 64.93%

In February I bought a desktop PC in the firm no death, working, there's not Keyboard monitor saying input. screen blue of Gorenje and both summers I had some issues with it The first summer I was making a video for a friend of mine using Windows Live Movie Maker my computer crashed in the middle and I got the blue screen of death that was the only time that year that my PC gave me the blue screen of death I had no other problems that year And hen this year I got this The first one was when one of my hard drives ran out of space somewhere in July I asked my uncle if he could help me figure out what was wrong and he found out that safety copies were clogging up my hard drive I wasn't there when he was fixing it so I don't know what he did then my PC was working like it should Until now somewhere in the beginning of August One night it randomly turned itself on I always keep it in sleep mode and I was about to turn it off when it Keyboard not working, blue screen of death, monitor saying there's no input. turned itself off I just shrugged it off and went back to bed then a few hours later I woke up and couldn't go back Keyboard not working, blue screen of death, monitor saying there's no input. to sleep so I decided to just browse the internet for a while I tried to wake it up from sleep mode by pressing the space bar but it didn't then I though that maybe the powers went out some time in between so I tried to turn it on only to find out that it was in sleep mode I then tried to log into Tumblr but the keyboard wasn't working the mouse was working I checked in the back and no cables were pulled out so I thought I'd reset it but it then crashed and I got the blue screen of death then it reset itself and after a while the monitor was blank and said that there was no input Can someone please help me

A:Keyboard not working, blue screen of death, monitor saying there's no input.

One step at a time !

Make sure your computer is switched OFF, then pull the power plug out for at least 30 seconds. Plug it back in, switch on the computer.

Do you see the BIOS screen?  Does the computer then start normally ?

If you don't see the BIOS screen, are you getting any lights on the front panel showing on, or flickering ?  The power light should be steadily on, the hard drive and optical drive lights should flicker. If the power light is not on, you may have a faulty power supply.

If you get to see the BIOS screen and the display then goes blank, restart and press the 'F8' key while you can see the BIOS screen. This should bring up the 'Boot Options Screen' which is a black screen with white text on it. Use the Up and Down arrows to select the option 'Last Known Good Configuration'. This should start your computer in a condition before this trouble started.

If it doesn't, post back and tell us whether or not you could see the BIOS screen, and give the make and model of your computer. And for the future, don't put your computer to sleep when you are not using it - turn it off.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503969/keyboard-not-working-blue-screen-of-death-monitor-saying-theres-no-input/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys.
I have installed a new graphics card today. Radeon hd 6670 ddr5. After installation everything is working fine except that my monitor switch is no longer working. Is there any setting that I need to tweak to make it work? I am new to radeon card so not really sure about how it works.
Thanks in advance.

A:Monitor switch not working after installing graphics card

Not to be obtuse, but what monitor switch do you mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/311178-monitor-switch-not-working-after-installing-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, i have a AIO B50-30 and I'm trying to connect via the hdmi input socket my TV satellite box. I have found out recently that there is a switch on the side of the unit that will allow you to switch to the input channels so allowing viewing of the box and other like units Xbox etc. My issue is that I'm pressing the switch but nothing is happening it's simply staying on my desktop on Windows 10. Can anyone please help to see if I'm doing this right or am I missing something ?.  Any help, suggestions would be gratefully received since there is very little on the subject in connection with this particular model .thanks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/B50-30-AIO-Input-switch-issue-that-will-not-switch/td-p/3356619
Relevancy 61.06%

Windows automatically updated last night before shutting down. When I turned on the computer this morning, the HP w2207h monitor was not functioning properly. Each time I rebooted, I received the message "HDMI Input: No Input Signal" before the monitor went to sleep.

I do not believe it is a problem with the sleep and display settings as I have dual monitors and the EN9910 is functioning properly; both are set to NEVER anyway. Further, I have plugged our SONY television into the HDMI port and it works just fine.

I have also plugged the monitor into another computer, using the same cable, and both worked just fine. The hp monitor also functions in the utility mode. Problem seems to exist only when Starting Windows.

This has happened once before with a Windows Update, but I don't recall the solution.

Please help.

Thanks.

A:HDMI Input: No Input Signal -- Monitor Going to Sleep

Hello and welcome aspen can you just make sure the driver for that monitor is ok.

Software & Driver Downloads HP w2207h 22 inch LCD Monitor | HP? Support

But mate I also think you may have answered it yourself in another way. Can you remember when this started happening? If so system restore back to before that date.

Then it is just a matter of downloading any updates if this is what is - one or two at a time until you find which one is the culprit. Make a not of that one and each time it comes up untick it to download / install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285944-hdmi-input-no-input-signal-monitor-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an A530 that will not connect when using the PC input, but the HDMI out port works fine.  So I attempted to connect to an external monitor and it worked.  So I know the actual HDD is working and that the computer is running properly. I then took an HDMI cable and ran it from the HDMI out port to the HDMI in port and the screen is now receiving the signal from the PC. So now I know both the PC and the A530 screen are working. The PC is out of warranty. Any idea why this is happening?  I currently have an HDMI cable connecting the in/out ports and the computer works, but I'd like to go back to it just using the pc and have an available HDMI port.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/A530-PC-input-not-working-HDMI-input-works/td-p/3317460
Relevancy 57.62%

What can be done with USB Cable regarding PC? Is it worth it?

I use a Dual monitor cabe, one end plugs into The Display shared Vga Connection. The other 2 allow me to have up to a total of 3 Displays. Is there products that allow more than the standard 2 outputs? Example 4?
Thank you

A:USB CABLE, Monitor Input, PC input?

Originally Posted by mmdlshooter

What can be done with USB Cable regarding PC? Is it worth it?

I use a Dual monitor cabe, one end plugs into The Display shared Vga Connection. The other 2 allow me to have up to a total of 3 Displays. Is there products that allow more than the standard 2 outputs? Example 4?
Thank you

USB, even USB3 was never meant for transferring large amount of data needed for HD video, too much conversion has to be made. Laptops are limited by number and type of outputs but desktops can accommodate multiple video cards and even basic cards with Display port that use power of existing GPUs to provide video signal to more monitors or TVs.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60604-usb-cable-monitor-input-pc-input.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I recently upgraded to windows after all updates now it is Up until yesterday I only used it with one user account Yesterday I added another account and for some reason instead of having both input languages It only had English I added the second language successfully and the language bar appeared as expected However after a restart the language bar disappeared as well as the switch input Can't language ability to use quot alt-shift quot to Can't switch input language switch languages When I look at the Can't switch input language settings the both languages are there and the quot Use language bar when possible or something to that effect quot is checked Also the language bar is set to be docked I tried float - didn't do any good and the shortcut is set for quot Alt Shift quot But no language bar is shown and the input language can Can't switch input language not be changes A weird thing is that when I look at the shortcuts list I have quot switch language -- gt Alt-Shift quot quot Hebrew -- gt none quot No entry for English Just to make it clear - in order to write this question in English I had to use my other account Thank you very much Asaf

A:Can't switch input language

Hi,
Please run ?ctfmon.exe?, does the language appear again?
And  follow the instruction below to force the exe to run each time you start windows.
Open registry, locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
Create a new string value,
specify the name "CTFMon".
Type ?ctfmon?=?CTFMON.EXE? in Value data field, OK.
Restart your computer.
Regards,
YolandaYolanda
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01b57947-5f27-4c8a-9ab8-5e0125887d8f/cant-switch-input-language?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi does anybody know how to switch an AIO 700 ideacenter to the HDMI input. I have been searching for some time and drawn a blank.

Cheers malant

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:AIO 700 - Switch to HDMI input

hi Malant,

Welcome to the Forums.

After connecting an HDMI input device (e.g., PS3, Blu-ray player) at the back of the machine, try to press the PC mode/HDMI-in button on the right side of the machine and observe.

- Link to image

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/AIO-700-Switch-to-HDMI-input/td-p/2199650
Relevancy 56.76%

hi, i've been encountering this problem for 2 days now.
I can switch my input languages in any program except IE
Does anyone know the solution to this? I'm really frustrated.
I can still switch it manually by hitting the language tab with mouse, but i can't swith between with keyboard anymore.
Please help >_<

thx :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-need-help-with-this-_-unable-to-switch-input-languages-in-ie-74183.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello We are living in a hostel which provides two LAN ports per room whereas four people live in one and all of us have PCs So we decided to divide the ports using an port switch by routing both the inputs into the switch and then taking four outputs The switch is manufactured by FRONTECH Problem When we connect both inputs the whole internet and LAN connections conks off and the notification icon shows quot Local only quot but even local PCs don t show up on our network The disconnection from internet doesn t happen just in our room but in all the rooms which are connected to the same router to which we are linked In the user manual of the switch it says quot The Switch is Plug-and-Play input problem 2 Networking Switch and each port can be used as general ports of Uplink ports and can be simply plugged into a server a hub or a 2 input Switch Networking problem switch using straight cable or crossover cable quot Oh and all the cables are straight Is there any way to overcome this And what is the source of the problem Also is there any way to use inputs for the switch Thanks nbsp

A:2 input Switch Networking problem

Sounds like a defective switch try another one ???
thats basically what I'm doing at home to have more than 4 PC's setup for access and I use linksys router and switch and no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-input-switch-networking-problem.733203/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys, I am having trouble turning off this IME thing because everytime I push shift/ctrl (depending on settings) it swaps from Chinese to English. How do I disable this altogether? It is INFURIATING as I push the shift and ctrl key many times.If I need to download something else, then so be it. I just want it gone. As in gone, I want the changing the settings ability gone, not the Chinese part because I have an English and a Chinese keyboard both set up with hotkeys.

Thanks,
Aerith

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/windows-8-chinese-input-switch-disable.4060345/
Relevancy 56.33%

So, I've run across a really strange problem that only affects one of the several W10 PC's in my house. I live in a bilingual household, so being able to type english as well as chinese are paramount. Recently, one of my machines stopped being able to switch IME's by either pressing win+space, or even manually selecting. The language picker in the system tray has disappeared. I've tried removing the chinese language pack, rebooting, re-adding to no avail. I've tried setting options to show the language bar, but this also did not work. I'm considering just nuking this install from orbit, but I wanted to see if anyone had run across this problem and solved it.

Thanks!

https://hardforum.com/threads/unable-to-switch-input-methods-windows-10.1899260/
Relevancy 56.33%

I use three different languages daily, and I like switching using Ctrl+Shift, which was always possible in previous Windows versions. I don t like this new sequence that seems to be default.
How can I change it?

EDIT oops I found it; it's in the Advanced Settings, you just have to look carefully.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17122-want-switch-input-language-using-ctrl-shift-like-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello and thanks in advance for any assistance My PC freezes completely at times screen freezes and audio signals become repeated frozen stutter HDD LED stops blinking all input ceases only the power button on case is responsive Steam Client Bootstrapper stops working and kills my wifi connection as it crashes I ve noted it specifically when playing games about minutes into higher definition movies and rarely while loading the OS I m currently on the problematic system Normal browsing documents option input output / switch only power freezes, and less resource intensive activities do not seem to aggravate it Things I have done check for overheating - no problems visual inspection of hardware - no problems checkdisk of my SSD system drive and HDD data drive - no problems memtest ran for about hours - no problems furmark stressed input / output freezes, power switch only option my GPU - no problems IntelBurnTest stressed my CPU - no problems prime - recreates error intermittently download games through Steam - recreates error intermittently remove HDD drive - error persists format and reinstall OS update input / output freezes, power switch only option drivers - error persists reinstalled updated applications VLC Steam Flash etc - error persists input / output freezes, power switch only option reinstalled updated redistributables directx Visual C etc - error persists update SSD firmware - error persists remove external graphics card and use onboard graphics card - error persists I think the Steam error is probably a side effect of something else My system is less than a year old and has enough quot oomf quot to run the problematic applications as it has done many times in the past I originally thought that my PSU might be the culprit after ruling out the memory even though it is more than what I require for my specs an XFX Pro W I don t even overclock or watercool Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-output-freezes-power-switch-only-option.1116826/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello and thanks in advance for any assistance My PC freezes completely at times screen freezes and audio signals become repeated frozen stutter HDD LED stops blinking all input ceases only the power button on case is responsive Steam Client Bootstrapper stops working and kills my wifi connection as it crashes I've noted it specifically when playing games about minutes into higher definition movies and rarely while loading the OS I'm currently on the problematic system Normal browsing documents and less resource intensive activities do not seem to aggravate it Things I have done check for overheating - no problems visual inspection of hardware - no problems checkdisk of my SSD system drive and HDD data drive - no problems memtest ran for about hours - no problems furmark stressed my GPU - no problems IntelBurnTest stressed my CPU - no problems prime - recreates error intermittently download games through Steam - recreates error intermittently remove HDD drive - error persists format and reinstall OS update drivers - error persists reinstalled updated applications VLC Steam Flash etc - error persists reinstalled updated redistributables directx Visual C etc - error persists update SSD firmware - error persists remove external graphics card and use onboard graphics card - error persists ran an array of malware virus rootkit removers - error persists I think the Steam error is probably a side effect of something else My system is less than a only power freezes, option / input switch output year old and has enough quot oomf quot to run the problematic applications as it has done many times in the past I input / output freezes, power switch only option originally thought that my PSU might be input / output freezes, power switch only option the culprit after ruling out the memory even though it is more than what I require for my specs an XFX Pro W I input / output freezes, power switch only option don't even overclock or watercool I've been at it for over a week and am at a complete loss Any help would be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/input-output-freezes-power-switch-only-option-775418.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello and thanks in advance for any assistance My PC freezes completely at times screen freezes and audio signals become repeated frozen only switch freezes, option power input&output stutter HDD LED stops blinking all input ceases only the power button on case is responsive Steam Client Bootstrapper stops working and kills my wifi connection as it crashes I've noted it specifically when playing games about minutes into higher definition movies and rarely while loading the input&output freezes, power switch only option OS I'm currently on the problematic system Normal browsing documents and less resource intensive activities do not seem to aggravate it Things input&output freezes, power switch only option I have done check for overheating - no problems visual inspection of hardware - no problems checkdisk of my SSD system drive and HDD data drive - no problems memtest ran for about hours - no problems furmark stressed my GPU - no problems IntelBurnTest stressed my CPU - no problems prime - recreates error persistently download games through Steam - recreates error intermittently remove HDD drive - error persists format and reinstall OS update drivers - error persists reinstalled updated applications VLC Steam Flash etc - error persists reinstalled updated redistributables directx Visual C etc - error persists update SSD firmware - error persists remove external graphics card and use onboard graphics card - error persists I think the Steam error is probably a side effect of something else My system is less than a year old and has enough oomf to run the problematic applications as it has done many times in the past I originally thought that my PSU might be the culprit after ruling out the memory even though it is more than what I require for my specs an XFX Pro W I don't even overclock or watercool My friend has noticed similar problems with his machine recently Thus I propose we may be infected I haven't found anything useful searching the Internet so far so any help would be appreciated Regards Jan

A:input&output freezes, power switch only option

Hello jinjan, let's scan it.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.After the scan has finished...<-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->This time click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.... Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519717/input-output-freezes-power-switch-only-option/
Relevancy 52.03%

Since installing latest version of windows 10 my monitor cannot be powered off via the on/off switch. After shutiing down the computer the monitor goes into sleep mode and does not respond to the switch . The computer and its monitor are used infrequently and are completely powered off when not in use. Short of crawling under the desk and pulling the plug I would like to have the on/offf switch reactivated. Appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Unable-to-power-off-monitor-via-on-off-switch-Monitor-goes/td-p/5828580
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, just came across a problem and am not sure where to go with it. I did a cleaning of my hard drive and was reloading the software when it started to freeze. So I reformated my hard drive again and things went fine. The next morning I turned my computer on to finish the software install and my monitor is not getting input from the CPU. Furthermore, on normal start up my PC gives one audible beep, but it is not doing this. I do not get that normal audible beep and my harddrive light is solid. Is my problem the video card, harddrive, motherboard, chip or memory. Thanks for your help!

A:No input to monitor!

Can you tell if the machine is booting or not?

You reformatted your HD as in rebuilding it? Was it the HD with your OS on it?

Does it post (show the BIOS information)? Are any lights on your monitor on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-input-to-monitor.580416/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm looking at getting my son a monitor for his birthday, and some insight as to what are the better models would be helpful. I kinda narrowed it down to a ViewSonic P95f+ and the Nec FE991SB.

Anyway, if you all have ideas let me know...

Later....

A:New Monitor Input

Actually, the brand and model of the monitor is irrelevant. What the question to ask is "what is the main purpose of his computing?" If it is gaming, then you wil be looking for a monitor that is compatible with video cards using 64MB RAM or higher, although 32MB will work for most games. If he uses the computer mostly for Word Processing, Excel (or Spreadhseet), email and casual Internet useage, then 32MB video is fine. Programming in Visual Basic, 32MB or higher. Graphics, 128MB RAM and higher.

Fortunately, most models on today's market meet any of the above requirements, so your selection is huge. But again, the question is "what is the main purpose of his computing" then take it from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-monitor-input.10216/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a hp m9040n running vista home premium. The problem started when I started using my big screen for a monitor. I decided to do a factory restore and when I did pc crashed halfway through. now I get no display to monitor any monitor. I have upgraded the power and replaced graphics card with same kind still nothing. so I replaced motherboard and processor with same replacements still nothing. iv tried resetting cmos battery and using the jumpers. pc turns on but no display, monitor immediately goes to sleep. I have no idea why pc is not outputting to monitor. im no computer expert and don't know anymore options please help. the fact that I was running my recovery discs when this happened may be contributing to the prob but i have no idea.

Relevancy 50.74%

Created a new non-admin account. My volume control works and appears in the status bar just fine but it is completely MISSING the last column, Input Monitor. I've heard of it being grayed out but never missing. I don't know how to attach an image here but it's pretty self-explanatory anyway, the volume control literally just has 4 columns. Please help me enable the Input Monitor, which works on other non-admin accounts on the same computer and of course on the admin ones as well.

edit: WOW I feel pretty stupid. There's an option to enable it in the menus of the volume control itself :-/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/input-monitor-gone.1062754/
Relevancy 50.74%

Up until about won't No My input?? come on. monitor VGA a month ago my computer was working great However one day when I turned it on the monitor would not display anything and it would only say quot No VGA Input quot before going to sleep I checked the vga cord and it was plugged in I took it out rehooked it and it still wouldn t work I turned the computer off and rebooted it and it still did not work I tried a few more times and once it came up as normal I thought My monitor won't come on. No VGA input?? maybe it fixed My monitor won't come on. No VGA input?? itself but once I turned it off and turned it back on the next day the same problem occurred I don t have any computer knowledge whatsoever I tried looking around on the Internet for solutions and some said that it could be the monitor or my video card could be burned out Please somebody help I don t know what to do By the way my computer is an HP Pavilion Magnesium Gray Edition p y with NVIDIA GeForce integrated graphics nbsp

A:My monitor won't come on. No VGA input??

Hi, if you can you should try the monitor with another computer. If you don't have one, take it to a friends house and plug it into theirs. That will tell you if the problem is your monitor or your computer.

Or, if you have a spare monitor available then try plugging that in. That will also tell you if the problem is your monitor or your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-wont-come-on-no-vga-input.1085577/
Relevancy 50.74%

HI,I have an hp a6403w Intel m board .I keep getting no input screen
on monitor.So far i have put in a new video card... no help.
New power cord no help.tonight i bought new 750 watt power
supply no help.I have pulled out memory chips powered cpu on
get beeps put back in no help.I have tried onboard video no help.
I have tried to pull out power cord holding power button on for 60 sec
plug back in. you guessed no go. all lights come on cpuprocessor fan are working
ovideo card fan runs. Im stumped guys any help is appreciated.

A:No Input on monitor

It sounds as though the monitor itself may be the problem.

Do you have access to another computer that you can connect the monitor to?

Have you checked that the video lead doesn't have any bent pins and is securely connected?

If the monitor proves to be alright then you need to consider whether it's the motherboard at fault as you say you've tried another graphics card.

You could check your memory sticks are seated firmly and that there's no dust laying in the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/178213-no-input-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Guys It s my first build The power turns on on the PC then switches off about seconds later Then about seconds later Input on Monitor No it boots up again and stays on I can t however see what s going on as I can t get any signal on the monitor It is a Novatech quot Widescreen LCD Monitor Full HD - link to specs here http www novatech co uk novatech prods monitors NOV- LCDA html It has DVI and VGA connectivity - no hdmi My GPU is ATI RADEON MB GDDR PCI-EXPRESS - link to specs here http www novatech co uk novatech ongraphicscards atihd series NOV- html The graphics card has DVI and HDMI slots I don t have a DVI to DVI cable - is this the problem I possess two cables a standard vga to vga cable with standalone DVI converter for one end And I also have a DVI to HDMI cable Also - No Input on Monitor I have tested the monitor with another computer using the vga cable without the DVI converter the other computer only has VGA sockets and it worked fine Thanks in Advance Bobby nbsp

A:No Input on Monitor

I would guess that the cabling or the video card would have to be the problem. Go get a dvi to dvi cable and see if it works. If it doesn't return it, and you can most likely assume that the video card is defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-input-on-monitor.1001324/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a gateway computer about 3 years old. My daughter kicked the tower over and the computer froze. All I could do was restart by shutting down improperly. After restarting the tower started up but nothing would display on the monitor. Tried new monitor cord. Did not work. Tried new monitor, still nothing. What else would be stopping a signal to the monitor??

Thanks

A:No Input to Monitor

nik11 said:

What else would be stopping a signal to the monitor??

ThanksClick to expand...

Broken trace on the motherboard...a capacitor could have broken off...

Any number of things really.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-input-to-monitor.1073722/
Relevancy 50.74%

I installed Windows "input monitor not resolution, now Changed says monitor supported" and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen too big I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size windows recommended x but I tried something larger and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving around which says quot input not supported quot Not being able to use that monitor to go in and change it back I hooked up a flat screen t v which worked but Windows only showed the current monitor size which was smaller than the Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported" original monitor I tried the monitor on another computer Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported" I have also running Windows and it worked fine It shows the resolution as x When I plugged it back into the original computer I get the same plack screen with quot input not supported quot so I can't change it there I suspect the issue is with the registry somewhere in Windows on the first computer but I have no idea really what the problem is I've been working on this for a whole day now You can probably tell I'm not well versed in computer technology I just want my old monitor back Acer K HL and I promise I won't mess around with it again Does anyone know how to help me

A:Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

Originally Posted by GaryR

I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving around which says "input not supported". Not being able to use that monitor to go in and change it back, I hooked up a flat screen t.v. which worked but Windows only showed the current monitor size (which was smaller than the original monitor. I tried the monitor on another computer I have also running Windows 10 and it worked fine. It shows the resolution as 1920 x 1080. When I plugged it back into the original computer I get the same plack screen with "input not supported" so I can't change it there. I suspect the issue is with the registry somewhere in Windows 10 on the first computer, but I have no idea really what the problem is. I've been working on this for a whole day now. You can probably tell I'm not well versed in computer technology. I just want my old monitor back (Acer K272HL) and I promise I won't mess around with it again. Does anyone know how to help me?

Not your model, but this article may help with some procedures. Acer Monitor says "Input Not Supported" - Forums - CNET

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/31740-changed-monitor-resolution-now-monitor-says-input-not-supported.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi.
I have tried reading through the forums to get an answer before trying to post my problem, but no luck.

My problem is, the monitor does not show any sign of life when I turn on my computer.
I have checked to make sure everything is securely plugged in and everything.

Some of the posts I have read have said to run in safe mode and download the drivers again, problem is, I can't even get it to go into safe mode. I do not get any signal from the video card.

I was originally running my computer with two geforce 7900 GT's, but took it down to one, I don't remember why, and now neither of them are working on either PCI-E slot.

A:No input showing on monitor

Bump

Please can someone give any input or suggestions as to what might be causing it?
Should I buy a new video card? The mobo shot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-input-showing-on-monitor.133758/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I am trying to run a No to Input Monitor goes sleep.... Radeon HD MB GDDR HD Display but the monitor keeps going to sleep lazy monitor It is a LCD HP w quot Which is brand new monitor I gotten last year very nice monitor Anyways I plug the power pin into my videocard and then I made No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... shure the card was lock in it was plus the fan is working ok not to loud Then I press my I O power switch on and also the monitor nothing just a blank screen on my LCD Monitor So I switch my videocard back to x Radeon DDR MB Pro card No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... my monitor saws it So I check my BIOS screen it is pick as PCI-E which is normal even I download newest drivers from ATI ADM site nothing The box says it really No Monitor Input goes to sleep.... works and I even call Visiontek which I was surprize they anwser Anyways they say did you update the BOIS yes I did did you download newset drivers I say yes I did I guess maybe it could be bad hardware needs to be update from local pc shop etc Thats my only option Its no my CPU I am running on Watts Intel newest intel board running on double core processors And also running on GB of DDR-SDRAM memory Every thing else is up to the date I think I going to return it and get it from my local computer store see they can install cheaper HD card that has DDR GDDR should work fine It has a power cooler on my new ATI thats why I want it If not downgrade should not matter it is so allot newer then my old card nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-input-goes-to-sleep.96497/
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop downloaded Windows 10 on Friday....I was not able to completely use windows 10 with my laptop so I went back to Windows 7....now my second monitor will not come on. It says no input signal. It did this as well with Windows 10...any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys i m a student with very little experience of pc s days ago my desktop computer xp operating system did not send a Pc sending input to not monitor Signal to my Pc not sending input to monitor monitor Normally when I turn my pc on it beeps and then the monitor comes on Now you can see the pc light up and you can hear the fans but Pc not sending input to monitor you do not hear the beep and no signal is sent to the monitor This problem happened once two days ago but after or attempts it eventually beeped and came on However it has refused to turn on since I m worried as I have all of my student work on the computer and I hope this is not going to be lost I ve changed the cable and i ve tried another monitor so I m sure it is my computer What do you guys recommend me doing I m obviously quite worried about all of my work Thank you in advance oj nbsp

A:Pc not sending input to monitor

Most likely causes are
Failed PSU - even tho the fans run and lights come on is NOT an indicator that the PSU is working ok
CPU fried
Motherboard kaput.

Your data on the HDD should be ok, you can remove the drive and fit in a working PC to retrieve if you so wish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-sending-input-to-monitor.910009/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have googled myself blind in the past months trying to resolve LCD VGA monitor= on input EVIL an VGA input on LCD monitor= EVIL issue i have with my LCD monitor and come seeking your wise council in the hope that someone can tell me im missing something rather obvious I am using an xp PC nvidia gforce card to a viewsonic VA w LCD monitor that has ONLY a dsub VGA type input connector Now my monitor works fine at its native res x but as the lead provided with the monitor is not long enough for my current set up with the PC in the next room i have purchased a series of m VGA cables VGA input on LCD monitor= EVIL all of which give me the good old out of range message when i try using them If i change the resolution to another setting x the monitor comes on but with the display all over the place x is still an option in the menu but selecting it brings up the out of range message again Strange thing is if i boot using the original lead then switch to one of the m leads off we go on a x adventure This is not a workable solution as the computer is still in the room Its like windows is just not picking up the monitor with any of the new leads I have installed new drivers i have installed old drivers VGA input on LCD monitor= EVIL for gforce and monitor all to no avail but it would be helpful if i at least new what was causing the problem I can no longer continue to purchase leads in the blind hope that one will work as i have exhausted my budget for this project poor young father As i say i have searched high and low on the net for an answer using every permutation of keywords imaginable but getting nowhere fast so i can only imagine that this behaviour is a rare occurence alhthough there are other scenarios that only slightly differ from it I have emailed viewsonic but await a reply not holding my breath I cant even return the thing as i got it on special although i could possibly sell it as it it works perfect at distances lt m Thanks in advance - Desperate Dad nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vga-input-on-lcd-monitor-evil.881375/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello guys I believe this is my first post on the forums so please forgive my ignorance towards computers My rig is pretty outdated by today s standards but until my current problem I had no issues running video games Skyrim SW tor CoD MW However about a few weeks ago when I initially woke up the PC up from sleep mode the desktop Monitor: Signal Input No would show but then the screen would black monitor light still green though About a week ago when I went to wake it up the screen light turned green then immediately went orange and a quot No Signal Input quot warning flashed upon the monitor before it went black no desktop view this time I initially thought monitor or video card I switched both components separately with another PC in which both components are known to work and the problem still persisted I then tested the RAM individually and also tested RAM with the other PC s that works fine That stretched my PC abilities thus I took Monitor: No Signal Input it to a shop and they did the some checks and came up with no definite solution other than motherboard or PSU They ordered a w PSU and installed it with the same problem My question is two part I suppose Would after those checks it appear that the problem lay with the motherboard And if so would it be worth replacing a motherboard with such outdated Monitor: No Signal Input hardware My PC Monitor: No Signal Input stats to the best of my knowledge OS Windows xp sp GC Nvidia gtx PC AMD cannot recall specific model but dated no doubt PSU W MoBo Asus unknown shop couldn t tell socket RAM g DDR It has HDD s but I can t tell specific speeds since it is in Korean Sorry I cannot provide anymore information regarding the hardware models but I appreciate any potential feedback for a fix For all I know it could be some small fix being overlooked software hdd or something along those lines The shop told me they could find another motherboard with similar socket size at or around - US dollars If that isn t the problem though I could be out that much towards a new PC instead nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Compaq Presario 6435cl was doing fine...tried power supply in another comp, that comp said reinstall win95...replaced power supply back in original pc, now when I power up, the cd-drive LEDS blink and only the yellow "active" LED blinks for a few secs, then everything quits except for the fans. Monitor LED doesn't even illuminate from yellow to green. Any suggestions?

A:No Input Signal on monitor

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. A message for all newcomers.

Did your computer run ok before you took the psu out?

Make sure you have connected everything properly.

If this doesn`t work then maybe you need a new psu, or mobo.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-input-signal-on-monitor.26975/
Relevancy 50.31%

We just bought a Hp Pavilion p6-2133w, we hooked it up to a sony monitor, we had to hook them up with a adapter that takes the dvi-d from the computer and adapts it to vga for the monitor. The problem is the monitor doesn't act like it is reading the signal. Assistance would be greatly appreciated so I can get my grandad online again.

A:Hp Pavilion won't input to monitor.

If it's an older monitor on a newer computer, the computer may be outputting video not compatible with an older monitor. Try hooking it up to a new monitor so you can see, go into control panel, click display, click change resolution, change the video settings to output to 800x600, and try hooking it back up to the old monitor.

I've seen this happen in a video-teleconference facility where users are hooking up new laptops outputting at 1600, when the displays can only handle up to 1280.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460249/hp-pavilion-wont-input-to-monitor/
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum it was the closet related to my issue that I could find So I don t know what happened exactly but for some reason my monitor just showing Please input. not Monitor help!!! stopped working It s like it s not connected to the computer even though the cables are in both sockets monitor and harddrive First the power button on the monitor stopped working can t press it Monitor not showing input. Please help!!! in and now this I surmise that it is the cable however as I tried connecting it to my AOC L W TV but that shows no video either Could it be the cable Or is my monitor broken or something I really need help I have a document on there that I absolutely need to finish or at least obtain somehow but I can t do Monitor not showing input. Please help!!! anything because my monitor is not working Is there a way to back up some data files via flash driveor something without seeing what s going on stupid question I know Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I have connected my Acer AL1717 monitor to my computer and this happened...

PS: Sorry for awful quality

If you require more details, just ask

A:Input not support. Yet I can use the monitor

What resolution are you trying to use? It may be that your monitor can't support the resolution and gives the "Input not supported" error. The screen looked out of aspect in your pictures...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/320483-input-not-support-yet-i-can-use-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I just got a monitor switch to hook up two computers with only one monitor. Now the monitor has a fuzzy look to it. This is on both PC's - one has Win98 SE and the other is Win2K. Is there a way around this or is this normal? It is a pretty old and banged up monitor, but it was decent before this.

Thanks,

Cory

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://ShopComputerAces.com
http://HeadLunatic.com
http://IamNotLost.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-switch-causes-monitor-to-be-fuzzy.34087/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have four monitors supplied by two monitor. input DVI Troubleshooting? works, no to AVI identical Nvidia Geforce graphics cards I don't always have all four switched on it depends what software I'm running as to whether I need them all or not Recently one of my monitors a x Iiyama has started giving me problems as it wouldn't always come on when I turned it AVI works, DVI no input to monitor. Troubleshooting? on AVI works, DVI no input to monitor. Troubleshooting? but when that happened if I logged out and back in or sometimes if I rebooted it would come on I noticed that my graphics card started to describe it as a Generic pnp display rather than name it as a Iiyama All my other monitors are identified correctly named by the graphics cards and I think when I first installed it it also was identified as an Iiyama AVI works, DVI no input to monitor. Troubleshooting? All four monitors have been connected digitally two by DVI two by HDMI into the graphics card with an HDMI- gt DVI adaptor into the monitor Just recently I've not been able to get any DVI input recognised by my Iiyama I've tried both graphics cards both DVI and HDMI sockets I changed the DVI cable though both my spare DVI cables are identical and pretty cheap so I can't exclude a problem there I tried plugging the Iiyama into a different computer DVI socket still no DVI input I've done monitor factory resets no DVI input still However VGA works fine other than being a high resolution the screen is a bit blurry so I'd like to get a digital signal back if possible Is there anything anyone can suggest that I haven't yet tried to test for the problem or to get a DVI working again on the Iiyama I read somewhere about EDID getting corrupted when graphics cards say quot generic pnp quot if that's happened to my Iiyama then can I mend it from my computer without goosing the monitor and stopping the VGA from working too since that's my last resort if DVI is not working How would I change the EDID on the monitor if it refuses to recognise any DVI signal

A:AVI works, DVI no input to monitor. Troubleshooting?

No suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/308654-avi-works-dvi-no-input-monitor-troubleshooting.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I did a search for this topic and came up The On a Monitor? Heck?? HDMI Input What with no relevant answers so I am putting it out to the group I just bought a new Samsung Monitor with digital input I was under HDMI Input On a Monitor? What The Heck?? the impression that digital meant DVI which apparently it does not because the only digital input my monitor has is an HDMI input which has me scratching my head in amazement I have a digital to digital monitor cable with DVI connectors on both ends but I can t use it with this new monitor so for now I have it hooked up to my computer via a VGA cable but HDMI Input On a Monitor? What The Heck?? I am completely amazed that there would be an HDMI port on a computer monitor HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface and it is used in Home Theater applications but it has absolutely no place in computer applications HDMI carries both a video and audio signal and was created to replace a separate DVI and Hi-Def Audio cable in Home Theater applications but I am at a total loss to understand why someone would stick an HDMI port on a computer monitor There is no way on earth anyone will ever get Hi-Def audio out of monitor speakers plus the fact that the signal is video only As a result I now have an expensive monitor that I can only get half the potential out of unless I can find an HDMI to DVI adaptor and I hate adaptors which will only add bulk to the system or I have to hunt for an over priced quot boutique quot cable that has an DVI connector on one end and an HDMI connector on the other and spend even more money that I should not have to spend on cables that I shouldn t have to be buying Can someone please explain to me why there would ever be an HDMI connector on a computer monitor because I would really like to know Thanks nbsp

A:HDMI Input On a Monitor? What The Heck??

Because many new video cards and monitors have HDMI and its a newer standard with features better suited to consumers. Why shouldn't they have HDMI? Its a smaller port that's easier to place on a video card and on thinner monitors - very advantageous for thin LED monitors and thin laptops. It does have the advantage of carrying audio as well, and some monitors do contain speakers and video cards with HDMI port do in fact ouput audio - no need for a second audio cable. And don't forget many people now connect their PC's to their TV's and surround sound systems that use HDMI ports - both on the PC end and on the equipment end.

DVI is being phased out in favor for HDMI and DisplayPort, and it is digital just like DVI so there was no deceiving marketing, HDMI would have been marked in the specs clearly as its considered a plus. DisplayPort will eventually replace both - it also carries audio. On smaller panels VGA will give near or the same quality anyways, so you're not losing half the potential anyway.

You can buy a simply ~$6 DVI to HDMI adapter or an HDMI to DVI cable and your problem is solved.
Example: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4543375&CatId=3667
Or a DVI to HDMI Cable: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4510828&CatId=3667 - Hmm, only $12 as they are common and typically in this price range. Definitely not a "boutique" item.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-input-on-a-monitor-what-the-heck.1039874/
Relevancy 49.88%

Its a weird problem. It has been working fine for over a year and little bit more. Suddenly the monitor lost input signal, and went to sleep, while the computer is still running. The monitor hasnt gain signal even if i restarted. It keeps sleeping, because it doesnt have any input signal. Also when i leave it on it suddenly gets signal an has display for a few secs or min, then loses it again. What could be the problem? If it never had happen before. What should i do or any recommendations, Suggestions?

A:No monitor display, no input signal

Update your video card drivers from the manufactures site. If you cannot get to that point, unplug your power and video card cord from the back of your computer, then hold in your power button for a minute. This will suck up the remaining electricity. Then of course plug it all back in. If this works still make sure to update your drivers\windows update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-display-no-input-signal.167929/
Relevancy 49.88%

I purchased an Acer quot widescreen monitor months ago but last week I had a problem with my computer and had to reset it back to manufacturer settings The problem had nothing to do with the monitor and I didn t have any problems with the monitor until not displays Monitor 'input supported' after resetting Since resetting occasionally my computer freezes and the monitor goes black with the message input not Monitor displays 'input not supported' support bouncing around the screen Rebooting brings my computer back to working order again but eventually it happens again on an average of - times a day I have only noticed it happening when I am playing games but it doesn t happen all the time I have sat here for hours playing a game and nothing happens Then another time playing the same game it freezes and displays input not supported I have uninstalled the drivers reinstalled the drivers updated the drivers the settings for this size monitor are set correctly including the refresh rate checked the settings of the buttons on the monitor itself and tried standing on my head I don t know what else to try I have done a search of the net and have found this to be a very common problem but haven t found a solution that works Can anyone help with this problem please nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

everytime i turn my computer on now it loads fine until it gets to the password screen, then the screen goes black and my monitor say input out of range. i try to change my resolution in safe mode and in low res mode by pressing f8. but everytime i restart and try to boot in normal mode it just wont save the resolution settings. can anyone help?

A:My Monitor says input number out of range

Hi,

Boot into safe mode & remove the device.

When you reboot it will re-install in a working mode. All you have top do then is set the resolution to something that works, test & keep the settings.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285380-my-monitor-says-input-number-out-range.html
Relevancy 49.88%

okay so BIOS starting, input not monitor no heres the problem i built a new build pc a few weeks ago and it was working fine up until about weeks ago when after i shut it down and tried to restart it it wouldnt boot properly the BIOS not starting, no monitor input monitor was displaying no signal input and the idle light was showing it took several restarts for the monitor to show any input however the next time i shut it down and restarted the computer i had the same problem of no input to the monitor and the computer not starting and once again it took several restarts for the bios to show and the computer to start up properly the next time the same thing was happening but this time when the bios loaded up it would freeze at the POST screen or during the bios or at the loading operating system screens and would not fully boot and occasionally when it did load the operating system windows it would freeze a few minutes after starting i decided i needed to leave it on now because i had work to do etc and wasnt planning on shutting it down however after a few hours windows update decided it wanted to restart my system abd now it will not work again the power button turns on the system but cannot turn it off and the monitor is still not showing any of the bios which i doubt is running i have tried taking out the graphics card and using on board graphics to no avail i have reseated my RAM and tried each of the sticks individually with no success and have tried reseating all cables and this has not worked either please help Asus GeForce GTX Direct CU TOP MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card AMD Phenom II X Quad Core Black Edition quot W Edition quot GHz Socket AM - Retail Gigabyte GA- GM-UD H AMD G Socket AM microATX DDR Motherboard OCZ Gold GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Low-Voltage Dual Channel OCZ G LV GK Corsair CX W ATX Power Supply CMPSU- CXUK Samsung SpinPoint F GB SATA-II MB Cache - OEM HD HJ running with RAID Samsung SH-S C BEBE x DVD RW SATA ReWriter Black - OEM nbsp

A:BIOS not starting, no monitor input

I was going to suggest using an old school VGA plug-and-play monitor to see if the screen activates and hopefully resolve a graphics driver issue. However, the more I read, the more it sounds like you have a bad motherboard. Good thing it's under warranty, eh?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-starting-no-monitor-input.158503/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I've got this monitor for awhile already. And I got two questions to ask and seek for help.
1. Recently I want to connect my Apple TV to 2nd HDMI(this monitor has dual HDMI port). But no matter how many times I plug into or out. it just doesn't switched between each other. (which meant INPUT switch button doesn't work when I press it). The only way to show Apple TV screen is to plug out the monitor's HDMI.
2. 2nd HDMI port also support MHL. but when I connect to it with my samsung note3 it's not showing note3 content either.

For the above 2 questions I wondered if anyone can help?? Thanks a lot!!!!
(P.S.) I am definitely sure both HDMI port are working because I've test it with plug in both with original HDMI from my PC case.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/lg-ips277l-bn-monitor-input-problem-274555/
Relevancy 49.88%

What do I need to do do this?

I want to be able to plug Yellow/Red/White(ps2/dvd player for example) cables into my pc (or monitor) so that I can have my monitor output the image.

Relevancy 49.88%

I have vista home premium and I enabled the input monitor via regedit. the strange thing is that the box and mute button for it is there but no slider:

What is going on???

A:Input monitor volume: no slider

Hello, use System Restore and undo that register change that you made. Then we will instruct you to enable it the normal way. Post back when you have restored OS to before this registry change you made and we will try to get that enable for you. System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/295278-input-monitor-volume-no-slider.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This morning I came in to use my computer, only to find that it was already on. However, the monitor displayed a 'no signal input' message. Thinking this was a bit strange, I unplugged the monitor and plugged it back in, only to find the same message. So I turned the computer off manually and restarted it, but the monitor still displayed 'no signal input'. The computer itself was making an odd clicking noise, and that little light shaped like a cylinder was blinking... so I plugged in another monitor we had, but that one displayed 'no signal' as well. I found out that someone had put the computer in standby when I had come in, which is presumably why the monitor wasn't working. But I don't know why it isn't working now. Any ideas what the problem is?

A:'No signal input' message on monitor

You might try unplugging the computer or remove the cmos battery for a few minutes
and see if the computer will reset. The clicking noise doesn't sound good, but you can
try the above first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-input-message-on-monitor.887672/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys for the past four years I've been running this computer along with a x Curtis monitor and a x Vizio monitor Up until now I've had absolutely no problems with the dual monitor setup both running off the GeForce Yesterday however the Vizio monitor connected via HDMI randomly stopped receiving input The Curtis monitor connected via VGA still works fine What I've tried - Rebooting Input Monitor Receiving HDMI Not my computer nothing I rebooted after all of the following attempts as well - Going to Screen Resolution and manually detecting another monitor Nothing was detected - Going to Device Manager and scanning for hardware changes Only HDMI Monitor Not Receiving Input the VGA monitor is listed as a quot Generic Non-PnP Monitor quot nothing about the HDMI monitor - Updating graphics drivers I used the built in Windows driver updater nothing I used NVIDIA's site and downloaded the recommended driver nothing - Switched the cables between the two monitors the VGA monitor works while the HDMI monitor does not - Tested the HDMI cable with an Xbox works fine cable is working - System Restore to several days ago when both monitors worked nothing - Booting in safe mode nothing don't think this would work anyway I tried - Removing and cleaning graphics card nothing - Attempting to detect the monitor via NVIDIA Control Panel nothing from here on out is random desperation I really have no idea what's wrong - Running sfc scannow in the admin console finds corrupt files but is unable to fix them CBS log contains a MB text file filled with lines of output I don't understand Might need some help on this one though I don't know if it's related to the monitor at all - Running CHKDSK in cmd returns bad sectors on the drive - SUPERAntiSpyware found only tracking cookies and MSE found nothing Any help you guys could give is vastly appreciated I'm stumped on this one Extremely sorry if I accidentally broke any rules on this thread this isn't something I do often Thanks

A:HDMI Monitor Not Receiving Input

Very slim chance but does help sometimes: un-plug PC and monitors from power mains and re-plug after a minute or two.

Also try loading defaults in BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/375123-hdmi-monitor-not-receiving-input.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I keep getting random no input signal messages on my monitor at various times Normally a re-start fixes it though but it s still a massive pain I can sometimes hear my Signal No my Input monitor on message programmes music still running whilst No Input Signal message on my monitor i get this message Sometimes un-plugging the monitor cable and re-plugging it has worked I ve recently bought a brand new cable and it still persists Also i ve updated from windows xp bit to windows bit and i still get the exact same problem I just noticed my cpu temp is degrees which is really high so maybe it s that Sometimes when it s stopped my pc will start up and just short or cut out after a few seconds and keep restarting This is just proving a massive problem really The latest thing is that it seems that as long as No Input Signal message on my monitor i m using the pc it s fine The second i leave it alone or i m watching a film or something it can cut out No Input Signal message on my monitor Normally when it tries to cut to a screen saver or something even though i don t have a screen saver set It s just a bit odd really Any suggestions are welcome thank you guys nbsp

A:No Input Signal message on my monitor

The things that first came to mind were the following:
- Your monitor is dying.
- Video card is too hot.
- Video card is dying.
- Moving your tower to a more open space where cooling will become more efficient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-input-signal-message-on-my-monitor.908660/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a dual monitor setup and one screen is reporting no input My gpu is an AMD series with DVI HDMI VGA outputs My secondary screen input monitor problem HP LP2475w runs on the VGA and my main screen on HDMI The screen is an HP LP w monitor and is the one not finding any input The secondary screen is fine so I doubt the video card is faulty I've switched from HDMI cable to a DVI and told the HP to scan for inputs but it fails to find any I force select the DVI input but it still reports nothing Auto scanning finds nothing I had noticed that sometimes in the past the screen would hesitate when first turned on and not find the correct input initially Most times it was fine Device manager reports only one monitor Windows resolution setup reports only one monitor Catalyst Manager only one monitor HP LP2475w monitor input problem shows I've tried two hdmi cables one was mtrs though and a DVI one I'm flumoxed

A:HP LP2475w monitor input problem

Could still be a faulty graphics card, that would be my first suspicion despite what you say about that being unlikely. You never can be sure - there's only way to be certain and that's by trying a different dual-output graphics card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-lp2475w-monitor-input-problem-645457.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there, please help (again).
Windows XP Pro
Western Digital HDD
Maxtor HDD
Motherboard KV7MA
PSU 460 watts
RAM 320 gb

Monitor won't come on with normal startup, have to turn it on manually. Shows a box with red blue and green lines and message "Check signal input cable" and "monitor is working". After a few seconds the monitor shuts down (along with everything else) and restarts (along with everything else). It does this continually untill I get fed up and turn it off by holding the power button in for 5 seconds. I tried another HDD with Windows 98se with same results. I tried another computer with same results. The computer worked fine until I installed new HDD. But now does same with old HDD. Any and all help greatly appreciated.

A:Monitor signal input cable

can you borrow a monitor to check? otherwise your video card is suspect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-signal-input-cable-86527.html
Relevancy 49.88%

HP LP w monitor input problem I have a dual monitor setup and one screen is reporting no input My gpu is an AMD series monitor input HP problem LP2475w with DVI HDMI VGA outputs My secondary screen runs on the VGA and my main screen on HDMI The screen is an HP HP LP2475w monitor input problem LP w monitor and is the one not finding any input The secondary screen is fine so I doubt the video card is faulty I ve switched from HDMI cable to a DVI and told the HP to scan for inputs but it fails to find any I force select the DVI input but it still reports nothing Auto scanning finds nothing I had noticed that sometimes in the past the screen would hesitate when first turned on and not find the correct input initially Most times it was fine Device manager reports only one monitor Windows resolution setup reports only one monitor Catalyst Manager only one monitor shows I ve tried two hdmi cables one was mtrs though and a DVI one I m flumoxed Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD HP LP2475w monitor input problem Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P PRO Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-lp2475w-monitor-input-problem.1053225/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I bought a new monitor, an AOC, and followed the installation instructions on the box: attach to rest of system, turn on, insert installation disk, hold down monitor button for 2 seconds.
Unfortunately I then get "Input not Support" as the only message on the screen and if I push the button for another 2 seconds I get "D-sub. DV1" as a message. I tried F4 but that didn't do anything. As you can probably guess I am a rank amateur and have no idea what to do now,

A:AOC monitor showing Input not support

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

If your computer is that old, I'm guessing Windows XP and you are using the D-sub (probably a blue D-shaped connector with 15 pins) to connect the monitor. Can you confirm, and provide a model # of the monitor? Desktop/laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aoc-monitor-showing-input-not-support.1067200/
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows 'no input' Monitor GPU upgrade after error XP Pro SP A N-SLI Bios version i think AMD ATI RADEON XT Sapphire x mb Corsair RAM Just got computer back from the store after expanding RAM x to x and replacing video cards xNvidea GT Aopen with the ATI XT Computer worked normally at first bootup I uninstalled some misschelaneous programs PCmark Dmark some Aopen utilities from the control panel As the guys at the store Monitor 'no input' error after GPU upgrade had installed Catalyst and as i wasnt sure if they uninstalled Nvidea drivers I uninstalled the Nvidea display drivers from the control panel I left Nvidea chipset and ethernet controller untouched The prompt to reboot Monitor 'no input' error after GPU upgrade came up and I clicked later Then just a minute or so afterwards without warning the monitor went into standby no imput mode tried the ALT-F Ctrl-ALT-DLT thing to get the comp to reboot but nothing was happening so i did a cold restart The monitor remained frustratingly unresponsive There were no CPU sounds the sounds I ussually hear during the boot process so i repeated whilst pressing DEL to get into BIOS Nothing seemed to happen and i couldnt tell even if something had changed as I couldnt see A few seconds after powering up the computer not the speakers emits several beeps - I believe heard them a few times and then not anymore so i cant check I opened the chassiss but to my very limited knowledge all seemed well On the following restart windows started as was made apparent by the sounds from the CPU and then the speakers but the monitor remained pure black I also tried using the other monitor port and a different monitor that was known to work this one to no avail I also tried putting in the windows boot cd and booting repeatedly but that didnt do anything I also think that the CD isnt st in the BIOS boot order which i cant really change without a monitor I dont have a boot floppy So I stand with no monitor response some PC beeps sometimes during boot and some windows activity sometimes Think I might have messed a little too enthousiastically with the Nvidea drivers causing the video card to stop working Please help nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, i own a BenQ T903 19" LCD monitor and lately its been acting up. Basically a blue screen continuosly appears and disappears on the monitor saying:

"input select" then gives me two options D-sub and DVI

but i dont have to press anything and it will just keep flickering on my monitor, its absolutely annoying. The only fix i can think of was to check my connection, and its fine. Any ideas?

A:Monitor has issues with detecting input?

That sounds like it's searching for a signal. You need to hook the monitor to another computer first, to rule out problems with the video in your desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-has-issues-with-detecting-input.152797/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I ve been building my first computer and I ve finally gotten everything all hooked up properly I checked that everything is plugged in some things weren t problem still persisted after fixing Basically I turn signal input Monitor not any receiving on the computer for the first time with the bare minimum things plugged in It turns on fine fans and stuff start running The monitor is also getting power What happens is that the monitor just gets a no input signal-going to sleep message and goes to sleep I have the OS disk in and hit Monitor not receiving any input signal delete on the keyboard like im supposed to confirmed keyboard is working Not sure what to do in this situation Another thing on my now previous computer if you dident press anything click mouse the monitor just gives the same message and goes to sleep until you do so Currently the mouse cannot be used to click it does work it flashes every now and then If you want to know what kinds of parts I have just ask Any suggestions on what the problem is or what I can do Xegean nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I recently purchased a new Gateway computer and later a Samsung SyncMaster TW monitor input = Solved: from mouse? New lag old quot Monitor Sweet However with the new LCD monitor I am noticing a sluggishness with the mouse cursor that I never noticed with the same computer and my old CRT monitor My mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Optical quot Blue quot mouse that I purchased for my old system around - I believe I installed the latest driver available when I got the Gateway and I just replaced the batteries just in case and still the mouse seems to be a bit sloppy I ve heard that some monitors especially non-TN monitors have an issue Solved: New monitor = input lag from old mouse? of quot input lag quot Do I just have to live with it or does anyone know of a remedy Is it the old mouse Thanks Iggy Gateway Media Centre TV Computer GM GHz AMD Athlon X Dual Core -Bit Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit MB DDR RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT With MB Samsung SyncMaster TW - amp Monitor High speed cable D-Link DI- router nbsp

A:Solved: New monitor = input lag from old mouse?

Hi again. I never like to leave any of my posts unresolved. Just so you know, I found the solution to this problem myself. It is true that non-TN panels will have more input lag than TN panels and you can't change that; however, there may be other variables that you can control to reduce the lag to an acceptable level.

I really did not want to go back to a corded mouse. That would have helped. But I need my freedom, man! Enter the "Logitech LX7 Cordless Optical" mouse. It has 1100dpi optical scanning as opposed to the 400dpi of my older mouse. That's all I needed. I was half-expecting that I would have to go to the more expensive laser mice, and I would have too, but I always liked the simplicity of my old mouse, and I couldn't find a similar laser one.

This Logitech mouse did the trick. It originally retailed for $60, but I got it new for $10 after rebates. What a country!

Iggy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-monitor-input-lag-from-old-mouse.673587/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a year old LCD monitor HP f that decided to suddenly stop working on my computer My computer is on and running but the monitor will input no LCD w/ monitor: signal Problem only display quot no input signal quot and then goes into sleep mode At the time it went out I was just browsing the internet - hadn t installed any new Problem w/ LCD monitor: no input signal software or hardware recently or had not made changes to any settings or resolution To confirm whether or not it was a computer or a monitor problem Problem w/ LCD monitor: no input signal I tried hooking up my old CRT and it does work but interestingly only when I hook it up through the DVI port using a DVI-to-VGA converter The LCD monitor will not work through either port and neither monitor will work through the VGA port I ve tried using new cables but it didn t make a difference I ve installed the latest drivers for the monitor and for the video card Nvidia GeForce LE but again it didn t make a difference I ve also confirmed that the LCD monitor is still functional by hooking it up to another computer that only has a VGA port and it worked fine At this point I m not sure what to do Nothing appears to be wrong with the video card - I opened the case and it s seated properly free of dust fan working no burning smell etc Anyone have any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys, I recently purchased this motherboard and installed it yesterday. I correctly installed the mobo, cpu and the cables to the hd and other components. I was wondering why my monitor does not power. I tried plugging it to my external VGA card (Radeon 9200) and the built in VGA. Nothing goes to the monitor.

P.S. I'm using a Intel Celeron 340 2.93GHz.

Thanks!

A:ASUS P4V8X-MX - No monitor input

I used to have that mobo... its very reliable. Try plugging the monitor cable in the other way. I've found that they fit on the right way and the wrong way so try putting it the other way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4v8x-mx-no-monitor-input.43836/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi,

I've got a Dell Dimension 8200 Desktop I've had for about 4 years, but the monitor seems to flicker now and often goes black and I can't bring it back. Sometimes itll come back if I let it sit for an hour or so.

But, I got a new flat panel monitor - same problem except the monitor goes black without flickering

I also tried installing a new video card (AGP?) and same deal.

Any ideas / hints on how to fix this? Thanks so much guys.

Relevancy 49.88%

I just purchased a Viewsonic 17" lcd monitor for my computer that im building. The video card(s) im running are BFG tech 6600gt oc's. DVI connections to video cards. The monitor i have is a vga so i went and bought a vga to DVI connector to plug it in. The monitor turns on and works and i have plugged it into my computer which is currently running a vga video card so i know the monitor works. The video cards work because i've installed them into another computer as well. The problem is as soon as i connect the dvi connector to the vga output on the monitor the screen says "RGB No input signal!" displayed. Any help would be appreciated!

-Cass

A:Monitor displaying RGB No Input Signal!

Problem solved. The video cards that i have don't support DVI-D. My monitor is a DVI-D time to start looking for a 7600 gt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-displaying-rgb-no-input-signal.68968/
Relevancy 49.88%

after start up my monitor only last a few seconds then goes to no input.can this be fixed or is toast? xp ive tried other monitors with same results.

A:no input on monitor screen after a few seconds

IF you can boot to Safe Mode, try this; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292460

edit: have you tried another vid cable?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-input-on-monitor-screen-after-a-few-seconds-528311.html
Relevancy 49.02%

it says input signal ut of rangeCurrent Mode:H = 13.5KHz, V = 12HzChange Mode to: 1920 x 1080 60Hz. I checked it is already in the same mode. Tried several times

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP2534-Monitor-input-signal-out-of-range-whenever-I-run-GTA/td-p/5795472
Relevancy 49.02%

My Dell LCD flat screen started saying "no video input" all of a sudden. It did that once or twice and then it just went to a black screen. I tried restarting and still nothing. When I restart the fan just blows really hard and the computer makes weird beeping noises. I plugged monitor in to another pc and it worked fine so it's not the monitor. Is it the graphics card? The computer seems to start up. Everything was working fine up to this point. Runs XP. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Justin

Relevancy 49.02%

I want to use my laptop to watch tv, but I don't know how to input video signals into my laptop's monitor..

I really need your help, thanks a lot!

A:How can I input video signal to my laptop monitor?

Welcome to TechSpot forums

It is unlikely that the laptop's video capability has a video in connection. So unfortunately I doubt this is a possibility. One of my workmates does have a USB tv card device which feeds a TV signal into the computer and this works with a laptop (aerial connects to device, device connected via USB connection to laptop).

Something like the devices for sale from this website would be required:
http://www.snapstream.com/buy/buy-tunerusb.htm

If you post details of the laptop model we will be able to confirm whether it does or does not have a video in capability.

If you think you might stick around at this forum please feel free to post a hello message in the Introduce yourself forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-input-video-signal-to-my-laptop-monitor.4980/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I'll simply cut to the chase. Here is how I am thinking of setting it all up in my room.

I am going to use one of these cables to connect to this old monitor we have and then use the audio out cable sticking out of the hdmi male end and using one of those couplers to my speaker wire male end.

Sound like it'll work?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry if it is in the wrong section.

A:Connecting PS3 Super slim to Monitor with DVI input

I've not used them. It should work assuming you want/need to use the HDMI audio output. Otherwise, you could simply connect the speakers to the standard PC audio output.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-ps3-super-slim-to-monitor-with-dvi-input.1116944/
Relevancy 49.02%

I ve got two towers and one monitor I acquired the second tower second-hand and wanted One Monitor Towers, VGA changing input / - issues Two DVI to poke around on it while still being able to Two Towers, One Monitor - DVI / VGA input changing issues access my own tower Since my monitor has both a DVI and VGA connection I kept my original tower connected via DVI and connected the second tower via VGA It all works fine until I try and switch back to DVI input the screen just goes blank and the only monitor button that visibly does anything is the power button I can switch back to VGA input when a little dialogue box pops up asking which input to use after I restart the monitor The only way I m able to get back to DVI input is by restarting my computer after unplugging everything from the monitor and then re-plugging the DVI and power cables It s probably worth noting that I ve had minor unrelated issues that may very well originate from my video card and or motherboard but Two Towers, One Monitor - DVI / VGA input changing issues I have no idea if they have anything to do with this current issue I d really really like to be able to just simply switch back and forth between both inputs through my monitor s settings Is it even possible Monitor Hanns G HX D Original tower Everything here is probably between - years old - OS Windows XP Pro SP x - Motherboard Asus A V Two Towers, One Monitor - DVI / VGA input changing issues X Socket A - RAM MB DDR- SDRAM - Video Card ATi Radeon - Power supply No idea - HD gigs - HD gigs - Everything else No idea Second tower - OS Windows Professional - HD gigs - Everything else No idea nbsp

A:Two Towers, One Monitor - DVI / VGA input changing issues

This doesnt really answer your question but have you considered a KVM? seems like it would save you alot of trouble, and there not all that expensive now. As for your problem switching back and forth are both monitors using the same refresh rate?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-towers-one-monitor-dvi-vga-input-changing-issues.877926/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've just built a new computer with Windows and a gigabyte brand radeon HD and filling Input monitor HDMI in not applications have been having the same issue as HDMI Input not filling monitor in applications some other users with regard to the over underscan I managed to correct the inch or so of unfilled space when displaying the desktop by using the under overscan utility in CCC thanks to info HDMI Input not filling monitor in applications on this forum but found that the problem still exists when I ran my first full-screen applications I installed updated and ran Spore Galactic Adventures to take a look at how my system was going to handle everything but found that the dreaded inch was back The really odd thing was that when I switched Spore to windowed mode the inch had gone and I could maximise to full-screen Of course the window header and taskbar kind of detract from the game but this isn't necessarily an issue for Spore which can hardly be described as immersive I am however concerned that this issue may pop up in other games where the window header and taskbar will detract from the game if it operates well in windowed mode at all I plan on investigating further later today possibly in the direction of motherboard and chipset drivers but also testing with other games Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what could be going wrong here Cheers

A:HDMI Input not filling monitor in applications

See if the tv itself has an underscan/overscan setting.

If so, use that and don't use any overscan in CCC at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/42921-hdmi-input-not-filling-monitor-applications.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone,

I just built a new computer, everything seems to power up (fans are working, drives are spinning), but I don't have any input on the monitor. Here are the computer specs:
ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8300 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz Socket AM2 89W
OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Thermaltake TR2 RX W0134RU 550W ATX12V Ver2.2 SLI Ready Modular Passive PFC PFC Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Sony NEC Optiarc 20X DVD±R Burner Black SATA Model AD-7200S-0B
Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120mm Case Fan
I know the monitor is working fine since it works on two other computers, but it doesn't recognize any signal from this computer build. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 49.02%

How can one rig or setup a laptop monitor (purchased as a kit without the computer portion) to receive an rca video signal from another computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rig-or-connect-rca-video-input-to-laptop-monitor-kit.352843/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I m not sure if this post is in the right place so sorry if it isn t When I play a game any game like the sims left dead or crysis the screen will go blank and input going to signal. No gaming. Only when sleep. Monitor display the words quot no input signal quot and then quot monitor going to sleep quot and then the screen will go blank I can t do anything with the pc after this point even though the tower is still on I have to restart it by holding in the power button I have No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming. tried pressing the windows button and esc and all that but nothing happens The amount of time i can play a game before No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming. it turns off is different each time i can play for a few hours or a few minutes Also it only happens when I m playing a video game I don t know what info is needed so ill just put bits here i used sisoftware sandra to get this info Computer Model System manufacturer P K Deluxe Processor Model Intel Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Speed GHz Cores per Processor Unit s Threads per Core Unit s Type Dual-Core Integrated Data Cache x kB Synchronous Write-Thru -way byte line size L On-board Cache MB ECC If there is any info you need that isn t here just let me know because this is a problem i would love to fix Thanks nbsp

A:No input signal. Monitor going to sleep. Only when gaming.

Need to know
what brand your computer is (if its branded),
what graphics card is it using, and if you can get it,
what temperatures everything is running at when you're doing absolutely nothing with the comp, and
what temperatures everything is running at when you're running your games (stressed system).

For temperature info, you'll need to download something like Everest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-input-signal-monitor-going-to-sleep-only-when-gaming.148228/
Relevancy 49.02%

I was opening up microsoft office word and the whole computer froze, could not do anything including turn the computer off. My desktop background shown, but none of the icons, then it finally shut down, and when It came back on I got the "no input signal" on screen. I played with the mouse- nothing, I played with the keyboard- nothing, I pulled out the computer and unplugged the monitor and replugged it in -nothing just the same signal. It's a starlogic monitor and only 2 years old and the computer is the same- I feel lost without a screen.......am using laptop at the moment....can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance!

Connie

Oh and another unrelated question...what is the moon shaped key on the keyboard for? I did touch that...did I bloop?

A:[SOLVED] No Input Signal Message On Monitor Help!

Hi, welcome to TSF lvlyfun.

Moon shaped key? Not quite sure what that is...does it have any letters on?

As for the monitor problem, you may need to reseat the graphics card. To do that you will need to power off the machine, remove the power and other cables from the back. It's advisable to wear an anti-static wristband in order to protect your hardware from electrostatic damage. Then remove the graphics card and reseat, making sure you take care not to force it back in the slot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-input-signal-message-on-monitor-help-241534.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Today at work we were trying to do an item lookup and suddenly the screen went black with the no input square on it Like we usually do as it happens often we checked all the cables connecting the monitor to the PC as closing the till often knocks the monitor input, No computer. from playing sound cables loose but nothing was unplugged and I noticed a strange sound coming from the PC that is hard to explain - sort of like a cross between a buzzing and beeping sound in the pattern na-na-NA I feel stupid typing this We had to do a hard restart of the computer to get it working again and it booted up very slowly We only have registers at work so for one to crash at this time of year is really inconvenient The computer No monitor input, sound playing from computer. that did this is also the one we use least but I have a feeling we had to replace the PC a few months ago for something to do with the receipt printer I understand that since this No monitor input, sound playing from computer. is a work computer you can only provide limited help as can I only provide fairly limited information about the model etc however any help at all would be greatly appreciated as our IT guy is fairly slow on these things and a bit dodgy Thanks nbsp

A:No monitor input, sound playing from computer.

What is the computer? Have you tried plugging in a different monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-monitor-input-sound-playing-from-computer.954939/
Relevancy 49.02%

I replaced my old dvd-rom drive with a new model today and when I turned my computer on to see if the drive worked, i get no picture on my computer screen, only the message "no input signal." I also heard a very loud beeping noise when I turned my computer on, which has never happened before. Everything else seems to be working, but without a monitor I can't tell what's wrong. I plugged the monitor to my laptop and there was a picture so I know the monitor still works. Could it be some other problem such as the video card or the new hardware? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Relevancy 49.02%

When I turn on my PC the POST and the Windows Loading Screen appear on the monitor but then after that the monitor says there is no input when I m supposed to be able to see the login screen The monitor is still working properly as I m using it right now with it connected to my laptop The only thing I can think of doing is reformatting and re-installing Windows XP I ve got all my data because I made a backup on the external HDD the night before but I ll check it on the laptop to see if it works before I do anything I was going to do a reformat anyway as I kept getting blue Solved: Windows after Loads monitor on No input screens when I tried to play games or use Windows Live Solved: No input on monitor after Windows Loads Messenger s sharing folders but I d still like to be able to actually go on the PC one last time to see if I ve got everything Other than a reformat I have no ideas on what to do A friend said to have a look at the BIOS to have a look at something to do with the resolution I can t remember any more of what they said to do I am not even sure if they told me what to do Is there a way to get my computer to load properly without a reinstall or should I just do a clean installation of Windows If you need any additional information I ll try to provide it but it s difficult to get information of a machine that only starts up and then makes a whirring noise A little off topic but I think the power supply is the source of this loud noise Should I replace it It s a little too loud for a year old PC Thanks Giltrap nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I only have this problem when playing World of Warcraft. I'll play fine for a couple of hours then all of a sudden the screen goes black. I get a message saying, "No Input Signal" then another one immediately after saying "Monitor Going to Sleep". Then it hits the snooze button and starts counting sheep. So far this has only happened while playing WoW. I've tried to restart the monitor and re-seat the cables to no avail. The only thing that makes the monitor come back on is to reboot. Here is my system stuff:

HP a1730n
AMD 4600 2.4GHz
2 GB RAM
GeForce 7600 GS
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

A:No Input Signal. Monitor Going to Sleep. While Playing WoW.

It seems to be an overheating problem. Try running a more graphics-intensive game like Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars for 1 to 2 hours and see if you get the same problem.

Alternatively, try a different monitor. Narrow down your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-input-signal-monitor-going-to-sleep-while-playing-wow.762571/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm looking to get a new monitor but I have a question wondering if anyone can help me clearify this.

What are the use of HDMI and S-video and how are they different?

A:Solved: different types of monitor input/output

http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-11276_7-226-2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-different-types-of-monitor-input-output.928148/
Relevancy 49.02%

My NEC Multisync 1830 LCD monitor has finally quit on me, after about 9 years of perfect service. It has two VGA input ports, with a button switch at the front, and I used it for both my primary and my backup PC. Unfortunately, I can no longer find an LCD monitor with two VGA inputs. Many of them have a Digital Video Interface (DVI) port as well as a VGA port, but neither of my PCs has a DVI output port. I can, as a last resort, install a DVI card in a PCI slot on the motherboard of my primary PC, but that seems a shame. Does anyone know where I can buy a two-VGA-Port LCD monitor (at least 18.5 inches), or where I might find someone to try to fix my NEC monitor? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

This started when my monitor began to have scribbly swiggly lines and then windows would crash followed with a BSOD attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed with a x stop code and nvlddmkm sys Every time I logged to windows this would happen again within - minutes I tried updating my nvidia Boot, Not no Will POST. input signal. or Monitor has driver no luck Tried reverting back to an older nvidia driver no luck Same thing happens Boots into safe mode no problem but eventually even safe mode began showing swiggly lines in the background but it doesn t crash and I could still navigate everything fine So I backed up everything there Due to problems of getting the safe mode prompt to come up I ended up making it boot to safe mode by default from the control panels boot option I decided to disconnect and reconnect my video card and also ram dust out the insides reconnecting everything to see if it helps And install display driver uninstaller if I was able to boot back in to wipe out any residual drivers if that might be the cause However after I reconnecting everything the computer now won t even boot or POST It doesn t beep when I turn it on It powers on fine all the fans spin PSU CPU and video card fan works My monitor has no input signal and Will Not Boot, or POST. Monitor has no input signal. goes to standby Mouse and keyboard connected Tested my monitor in two other computers it works fine Temperature indicator on my case are all normal Any ideas Thanks in advance OS Windows Professional X Mobo Asus P k-SE deluxe CPU Intel E ghz not overclocked GPU Nvidia Geforce gt mb DDR on PCI X not overclocked PSU Corsair W Ram mb X DDR forgot what it is But are identical

A:Will Not Boot, or POST. Monitor has no input signal.

It's the ram.
Try with just one stick and if that doesn't work, try it in another slot.
If you have contact cleaner or alcohol to clean the contacts, both on the ram itself and the slots, that'll be worth it's weight in gold.
Naturally, there's always a chance that it's something else that is not properly seated, so you can check the GPU and the main 24 pin connector to the mobo.

PS: Please double check your ram sizes. Surely you have more than two 256 meg sticks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548472/will-not-boot-or-post-monitor-has-no-input-signal/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a "Digital video input (DVI)" on the back of a LCD Flat Panel Monitor,although i use the old fashion monitor -to- computer type of cord.

What use is the Digital video input (DVI)? My video card just has the old fashion output for a monitor connection. I am thinking if i get a new video card for my computer that has a DVI output, i could connect the computer to the LCD monitor DVI input...and get a better picture. True?
thanks ahead of time

A:A Digital video input (DVI-D) outlet on LCD monitor..how to use?

Yes. DVI will give you a clearer, faster picture than VGA will.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-digital-video-input-dvi-d-outlet-on-lcd-monitor-how-to-use.673039/
Relevancy 49.02%

Motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula RAM gb G Sniper Series DDR mhz can go up to CPU AMD Phenon x Black Edition Ghz Hex Core can clock up to Ghz GPU ATI Readon gb vram mhz PSU Anteck Watt Case Anteck Black Hardrive TB Western Digital OS Windows bit Ultimate Problem I built the Computer about months ago and it was working perfectly untill recently the monitor wont detect the vga input I tried Opening it up and making sure the pin and the pin connectors were plugged into the Graphics Card properly and i know they are because when they are not plugged in properly the comp makes a high pitched noise to let me know that I also made sure the card was plugged into the pcie slot correctly I also tried different monitors and two different vga cords I also tried plugging them in both Wont Input!!? Solved: Detect Monitor of the available vga outputs on the card and still the monitor wont detect the vga I also tried reseting the cmos on the mobo multiple times Any Help here would be greatly appreciated its frustrating the heck outa me thanks in advanced nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Free Windows 10 upgrade worked successfully on my system until I changed the monitor resolution. Now I'm booting to a black screen, no cursor, with the following error: Dell S2340M - the ucrrent input timing is not supported by this monitor display. Please change your inpiut timing to 1920 X 1080.... From viewing other sites, it looks like I need a boot disk

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58061-current-input-timing-not-supported-monitor.html
Relevancy 49.02%

OK so HD on Acer Input - supported. 6770 DVI and XFX Monitor not I just did a major upgrade to my computer New CPU motherboard ram and graphics card Everything is working great except my acer AL W monitor I have it plugged in to the DVI port on my new XFX HD but XFX HD 6770 and Acer Monitor on DVI - Input not supported. the only resolution I can get working is x actually if I use the AMD Vision Engine Control Center with the HDTV support option I can also get p working with it Any other resolutions and the monitor just says quot Input not supported quot The monitor's native resolution is x and it was working fine this morning on my old Geforce gt with DVI I tried plugging it in to the VGA port as well and it seemed to work fine with that the only problem is I have a second monitor and the only input it supports is VGA and the XFX card only has one VGA port so I cant have both monitors using VGA I have the latest CCC drivers and stuff I just cant figure out what is wrong

A:XFX HD 6770 and Acer Monitor on DVI - Input not supported.

Give another shot at installing the latest drivers for the new card.
ATI Catalyst

If you have created any multi-monitor profiles delete them before installing the new driver.

this is not normal behavior but it seems more software than hardware.
the newer ati cards prefer you use the catalyst center for everything multiple monitor related. and it will actually freak out sometimes if you try to mess with it from the windows display options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228338-xfx-hd-6770-acer-monitor-dvi-input-not-supported.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi
i recently upgraded my parents old machine to windows 7. the model is an ACER aspire t300. now the issues arose when i found that most of the drivers for this platform are XP compatible only! this wasn't much of an issue until i started the install. the monitor cut out and displayed input not supported. the monitor is an ACER x223hq. it also is stuck on 800x600 res. I've tried every thing form installing new drivers to searching for alternatives with no success.

thnx in advance for any help

A:Monitor issues; acer input not recgoginsed. plz help!!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheDirtyBomb

hi
i recently upgraded my parents old machine to windows 7. the model is an ACER aspire t300. now the issues arose when i found that most of the drivers for this platform are XP compatible only! this wasn't much of an issue until i started the install. the monitor cut out and displayed input not supported. the monitor is an ACER x223hq. it also is stuck on 800x600 res. I've tried every thing form installing new drivers to searching for alternatives with no success.

thnx in advance for any help

Have you tried installing the XP drivers in compatibility mode?

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility> choose XP-SP3

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/205734-monitor-issues-acer-input-not-recgoginsed-plz-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys I m new to this forum but I come here in the hope that you can help me figure out why is it that when I connect my TiVo to my linksys router configured as a switch I STOP HAVING WIFI Don t know why As soon as I turn the TiVo box off the wifi TiVo through switch) but working router(working as WIFI no starts working as soon as I reboot the router The TiVo works perfectly no breaks and perfectly connected to the network but that specific router switch where it is connected stops functioning though wifi can t even connect The setup I wish to use TiVo working through router(working as switch) but no WIFI and that is currently working is Modem router Thomson ---through cable TiVo working through router(working as switch) but no WIFI to another router with dhcp and nat disabled airporttime capsule --- through cable to another router linksys also with dhcp and nat disabled Everything works when not using the TiVo box The only switch that stops working is the linksys the one to which the tivo is connected Help me pleAseeee I m from Portugal-using an internet tv service nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tivo-working-through-router-working-as-switch-but-no-wifi.1098975/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi all - ive got a problem with my new viewsonic input signal. LCD not monitor Viewsonic recognizing HDMI vx mh-led monitor its got x hdmi inputs and one vga the vga works straight off the bat but whenever I try and plug the hdmi in it just says no input signal detected and goes black I noticed in device manager that this was installed as 'generic non-pnp monitor' so after jumping through some hoops i managed to install the driver as 'viewsonic vx SERIES' Anyway this doesnt seem to have made a difference still no input through the hdmi I have tested to cord on my Viewsonic LCD monitor not recognizing HDMI input signal. samsung tv and it worked fine so it can't be a problem with the cord or the graphics card just some general info that might be of use windows x dual monitor setup the graphics is integrated on the intel i Viewsonic LCD monitor not recognizing HDMI input signal. chip my display adapters in device manager says Intel R HD Graphics Family it has a dvi out hdmi out and vga out thanks for any help you can Viewsonic LCD monitor not recognizing HDMI input signal. give

A:Viewsonic LCD monitor not recognizing HDMI input signal.

I have a Viewsonic which I'm also trying to run a media PC to connected via an HDMI cable, and I have noticed the exact same thing.

It was working fine for awhile, but recently I have been receiving an error on screen saying the "HDMI to DVI cable as experienced an error" or something to that effect. Note: I am using strictly an HDMI cable, not an HDMI to DVI as the message states (can't explain why I'm getting that message). I did the same thing you did, tested the machine using the same cable on another tv, and it worked fine on the other tv. What's strange is I can connect the cable box to the tv using the identical HDMI cable and it worked fine. Tried again using the same cable from the PC to the tv, and either 1) blank screen, or 2) shrunken screen with the aforementioned error which will go blank once I open Media Center.

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but it seems to me Viewsonic hasn't made a good product in terms of connecting media PC's, for some reason. Of course, my tv is out of warranty at this point. If you find an answer, keep me posted, I'll do the same.

I have a Viewsonic VT2430 monitor/tv, and a Windows Vista 64, with ATI 4200 graphics chip PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184479-viewsonic-lcd-monitor-not-recognizing-hdmi-input-signal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello this technically could be combined should be posted in my other topic but this is an urgent need If you read my other topic about my monitor From Not Computer, Monitor Unplugged Signal/Input Now No Supported. tinting it is indeed my monitor not my video card not my power supply and nothing to do with the computer itself But right now my monitor is fine to use other than the tinting I will be replacing the monitor with another monitor in the VERY near future The only problem is that I tested the monitor on Windows XP and it worked fine on the computer with Windows XP the one I m writing this from except the fact that it s Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. also tinting on XP This monitor says quot Works With Windows Vista quot It s an Acer x w LCD monitor I believe it Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported. s quot or something close to that I thought the monitor would have no problem from going to Vista - gt XP - gt Vista but apparently something changed in the monitor that isn t allowing my computer with Vista to use it again There are two slots on my new computer one lower and one that makes the cord attach sideways the bottom slot when attaching the monitor cord says quot Input Not Supported quot which means I m guessing this is the right slot as I do not remember which slot I originally used it on and then the other slot says quot No Signal quot I ve read on the internet about something about called quot Refresh Rate quot but I ve never used it before and have no clue how to use it If it involves interaction with the computer I cannot see the screen so it s practically impossible There is indeed a disk that came with the monitor and a manual but I see nothing in the manual about my problem I do have another monitor but I have no clue if it d work with Vista as it s from about so I have no other monitor that would work with Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot Edit When the message appears quot Input Not Supported quot I tried pressing menu auto etc the buttons on the bottom of the monitor and nothing appears Now I just read that quot LCD s don t have refresh rates They have things called Response times which is different Doesn t matter what you set your refresh rate at you won t notice a difference with an LCD monitor quot now I m totally confused with what could be the damn problem Thanks Edit The Acer website states the following solution for this exact problem for this exact monitor In Windows Vista Press the Start button select Control Panel select Appearance and Personalization select Personalization and then Display Settings Under Resolution move the slider to the desired resolution and click Apply How are we suppose to do this if we cannot see our screen This problem makes it impossible to view the screen unless you know exactly where your going without the monitor then it s impossible nbsp

A:Unplugged Monitor From Computer, Now No Signal/Input Not Supported.

If its a resolution issue you need to try and boot into safe mode. Do you get anything onscreen at start up or does it go immeadiately into unsupported mode?

I've never tried to get into Vista safe mode so I don't know, is it still done by tapping the F8 key or the F5 to get the boot menu? Anyway, once booted into safe mode you will be able to see the screen and reset the resolution to a supported one if that is the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugged-monitor-from-computer-now-no-signal-input-not-supported.735841/