Windows Support Forum

Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?!

Q: Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?!

It seems I have the absolute worst luck with this laptop because here I am again with another virus or something This is my Dell C laptop Windows XP I have this ANG Antivirus program which -- Virus lack a or corruption or Malware memory?! virtual something and of my computer Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?! practically forced me to buy via consistant popups and lack of any other sort of virus protection etc and Spybot Search and Destroy which I thought was working pretty well Spybot started to send me these popups which like an idiot I didn t fully read There was an ALLOW button and a DENY button and I think for about three of them I hit Allow and basically Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?! allowed all kinds of Malware into my computer Now my programs exit out by themselves any type of Anti-Malware Spyware anything becomes corrupted the moment it s saved to my computer so I can t use it everything s freezing programs already on my computer such as Add or Remove Programs won t open are corrupted shut themselves off and it s a mess On top of that I keep getting a little pop up saying I m out of virtual memory I m wondering if that s actually relevant or if that s just my laptop being a jerk on top of anything else Help would be much appreciated My computer technician takes multiple days to get my laptop back to me whenever I bring it to him - - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-a-virus-or-something-corruption-and-lack-of-virtual-memory.835615/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Malware or a Virus or something -- corruption and lack of virtual memory?!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
My pc is running too slow from past few days, i scanned it through Eset-NOD32 and kaspersky trial antivirus but nothing found, still my pc is running incredibly slow, i cant even use real player or explorer window smoothly.
i thought its coz of some virus so i installed a fresh copy of windows by formatting only C drive, but once i formated and started new windows, when i opened other drives this problem is again into my system.
C drive is filling automatically untill memory space is less than 1Mb while i m nt even using the system.
again n again i m getting popup that low disk space in C drive, but i cant help it.

i found somewhere that highjack this might help, but i didnt found any suspicious process running when i looked into highjack log.
i m attatching log, can someone help me out.
thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-too-low-virus-malware.1012902/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone hopefully somone can help me with this this problem Short version Antivirus XP possibly others has weakened my Windows to near unusability by limiting the system resources virtual memory somehow I have only been able to open Task Manager Regedit Windows Explorer and HijackThis Long version Okay so the first Virtual By Damaged Memory Malware? weird thing was spoolsv exe which was filling up Virtual Memory Damaged By Malware? my harddrive By the time I had installed an antivirus program ntvdm Virtual Memory Damaged By Malware? exe was eating at my CPU but this was easily fixed I think the antivirus program must have been infected because then I got signs of Antivirus XP popups wallpaper Virtual Memory Damaged By Malware? shortcuts It wouldn't let me update a different antivirus program so eventually I shutdown my laptop Here's the worrisome bit When I start it up in normal mode it takes ages and eventually just gets to the blue wallpaper Nothing can be opened except Task Manager Ctrl alt Delete and from here I can see my files are still there but I can't open any programs that I suspect use too much memory So I can't open install any of the usual antivirus programs Even System Restore won't open properly In safe mode Windows Explorer barely works but crashes and logs out every minute or so All the while icon graphics are disappearing and I'm getting messages such as Low on Virtual Memory System Resources too low Out of Memory Parser Message And others that don't even have text The latest HijackThis almost completes a scan but gives me this error mod Main StartScan Error - Out of string space I can give you the partial log if you like Luckily HijackThis version did work the only other working program so far is Regedit so here is the log Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http global acer comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Hosts auto search msn comO - Hosts auto search msn esO - BHO QXK Olive - FA F-A D- ACE-A -EC D -C WINDOWS twmxbsqrpeg dllO - BHO no name - D CFF - B - C - D - FCA A F - no file O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E - br br B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramFiles Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO no name - A E E- CE - AA -A - B BA B E - C WINDOWS system yayyXPgE dllO - BHO no name - C F - B - -AB - F - C WINDOWS system byXRigEV dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C ProgramFiles Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO d c bc- c b- adb- -e e e c e - e c e -e e- -bda - br br b c cb c d - C WINDOWS system evgcpr dllO - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C ProgramFiles Free Download Manager iefdm dllO - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - br br B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dllO - Toolbar rafbsvnx - C BA E - DD - F -A - F DEEB F -C WINDOWS rafbsvnx dllO - HKLM Run LaunchApp AlaunchO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH CPLBCL EXEO - HKLM Run RemoteControl C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelp... Read more

A:Virtual Memory Damaged By Malware?

Hello spanksWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================You are very infected with the Virutmonde adware.See if you are able to do the following:If you have to, boot into Safe Mode and run it from there.This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computerYou will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.Make sure you choose the option without networking support.Please see here for additional details===========================================We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first. The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:The Recovery Console was successfully installed.Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you. Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:C:\ComboFix.txtNew HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164282/virtual-memory-damaged-by-malware/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi folks this is my first time posting I've run the suggested -step process to check for malware Panda Activescan removed a possible virus from my computer and Spybot S and D also removed some malware I still think something may be wrong here as my running low, Virtual trojan possible Memory worm/malware RAM usage is low and my virtual memory runs out if my windows session is on for too long HijackThis logfile below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Virtual Memory running low, possible trojan worm/malware SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR Service exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR WatchDog exe C Program Files CheckPoint SecuRemote bin SR GUI Exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exe C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system sys filesystem sys DRMServer exe C WINDOWS CDProxyServ exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Ryan Braidwood Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http fantasysports yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us mcafee com apps vso en-us amp dtag j z R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B F - D- BA- E -FB CB D - no file O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run ewido quot C Program Files ewido anti-spyware ewido exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run FreeRAM XP quot C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro Fr... Read more

A:Virtual Memory running low, possible trojan worm/malware

Please BUMP the priority on this case. It has been on the board for almost two days with no response.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virtual-memory-running-low-possible-trojan-worm-malware-116685.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

Over the past few days my browser has been repeatedly hijacked. Norton 360 detects this, and "quarantines" a number of threats, but the problem continues.

I have attached the DDS log. I could not run the Rootkit tool. I tried several times to download it and my computer would go to 100% CPU utilization, then I get a message telling my that I am now on virtual memory. I have rebooted and made sure that there are no other applications running to consume system resources. But no success.

Teenagers in the home. The problem first appeared on Tuesday evening.

Thank you for your assistance. Let me know what else you need.

A:browser hijacks, low virtual memory, returning malware

Hello,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267936/browser-hijacks-low-virtual-memory-returning-malware/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro low Audio, Malware/Trojan Memory freezes, Infections, Taskbar no often Virtual HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Sophos Sophos Client Firewall SCFManager exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c Program Files Sophos Sophos Client Firewall SCFService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CyberDefender SchedulerService SchedulerService exe C WINDOWS system F InstallerService exe C WINDOWS system F FltSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe Malware/Trojan Infections, no Audio, Taskbar often freezes, low Virtual Memory C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malware/Trojan Infections, no Audio, Taskbar often freezes, low Virtual Memory c Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe c Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus Web Intelligence Malware/Trojan Infections, no Audio, Taskbar often freezes, low Virtual Memory swi service exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player DDmService exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer update realsched exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate almon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Tyler Myers My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts www google com O - Hosts www bing com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DivXUpdate quot C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOW O - HKLM Run DivX Download Manager... Read more

A:Malware/Trojan Infections, no Audio, Taskbar often freezes, low Virtual Memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-trojan-infections-no-audio-taskbar-often-freezes-low-virtual-memory.1043164/
Relevancy 62.78%

Uh, I've been having problems with my computer lately. It keeps running slowly lately and i keep getting a backdoor trojan that makes my taskmanager and regedit mess up. But i have norton and it always say it deletes it. Also I have problems with my Virtual Memory. Sometimes a box keep coming up asking me if I want to close prgrams to save some space. So how would I be able to fix this using paging file or something else?

A:Virus and Virtual Memory is Low

It would help if you updated your system specs, but basically increasing virtual memory is only going to postpone the inevitable. If Norton is removing the trojan and it keeps coming back, either Norton is not actually completely removing the infection (likely) or you have an infected file or program you keep putting back on the machine (less likely, usually people are careful about the USB disks and CD/DVDs they put in their PC after an infection). I might suggest scanning your machine offline using a bootable virus scanner, and replacing Norton with a better (and free) A/V program like MS Security Essentials or Avast.

Bitdefender has a good (and free) bootable CD (ISO image download here) that you can use to clean your machine offline - instructions here (also includes USB key instructions if you wish to use that rather than a CD/DVD).

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/160520-virus-virtual-memory-low.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Has anyone dealt with a virus, in the past two or three weeks I have had cilents call about vitual mem being low and kicking them out of the internet.

Any thoughts, I feel this is odd or is this a coincidence

A:Virtual memory virus

virtual memory is an area of the hard drive treated as memory. you probably need to uninstall some programs/files and defrag the hard drive. you can add more virtual memeory by right clicking my computer, click properties, advanced tab. then settings in the performance category. in here click advanced again and increase your virtual memory to a higher amount. xp will recommend a certain amount and that should be plenty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-virus-30477.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have recently started having a problem with my PC It runs a lot slower then it used to and when I open task manager I see an 'iexpore exe' using up a lot of space even though it wasn't in use I kept 'Ending process' but it kept coming up so in the end I deleted internet explorer altogther and now my computer runs how it used to But the big problem is the Virtual memory after an hour or so on my PC it tells me my virtual memory is low and closes every program I try and open It doesn't allow me to do anything so it may aswell be off and Virus Memory Virtual it didn't use to do this and I haven't downloaded any huge programs or anything recently for Virtual Memory Virus it to be out of 'Virtual Memory' whatever it is Virtual Memory Virus Anyway here's my HijackThis Log and I really hope you can help me thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP Virtual Memory Virus v WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptions O - HKLM Run yaemu exe C WINDOWS System yaemu exe O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virtual-memory-virus-285350.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Recently I'v been experiancing low virtual memory issues, infact after about 3 horus my computer starts to crash programs and i am forced to restart. i have NEVER had these issues untill recently and i have had the same spec of computer for the past year. to be dead precise i'd say it started when i used Limewire to download. Ever since then some mysterious program has been eating virtual memory I have removed unwanted files and checked for any suspicious processes which are using up too much VM but the only culprits are Firefox and games which are not using any more or less then before the issue occured. Please help

A:Virtual memory virus?

Welcome to TSF....

Your problem is because of Limewire and :

P2P
We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P , but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

Please Read the TSF Rules at this link:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-virus-308575.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I've been looking at the Surface Pro and other tablet/laptop convertible machines fitted with Win 8. The top-end models usually offer only flash memory in stead of a hard drive. The standard 128 GB flash memory available seems hopelessly inadequate for storing Win 8, a full range of programs and a decent amount of data. Most of these thin, expensive models have only one or two USB ports available. Where must the necessary memory come from? Must an external hard drive be carried along? Nothing wears a USB port out more quickly than a fairly heavy external device such as a hard drive dangling from it in mobile situations.

A:Lack of needed memory on flash memory Win 8 machines

You can add extra storage with SD cards on some of them. It's not ideal but better than nothing I guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/21841-lack-needed-memory-flash-memory-win-8-machines.html
Relevancy 62.35%

One day my parents were on the computer. They were using firefox with NOTHING else running and they get low virtual memory error. We thought its not a big problem its only once. Next day we installed AVG free antivirus and it removed 2 viruses. Later that day the virtual memory error happened. I then used Malwarebyte's to scan and it found 6 more infections. The infections were deleted (checked myself). Next two days same problem. Got the Kaspersky Anti Virus trial, Scanned the computer, two more infections. Thing is I don't know if it's still infected or if the page file has a problem. Cleared up startup completely. Removed unnecessary files. Ran CCleaner. Defragged disk with Defraggler. Please Help!

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Yesterday evening I had a balloon pop up saying Potential Virus Memory Virtual I had low virtual memory Thought it was a bit strange- I have GB of RAM and my Hard Drive had plenty of space Potential Virtual Memory Virus on it Only had a couple of windows open at the time as well Then the Internet kept disconnecting itself and I had problems opening my Potential Virtual Memory Virus hard drive getting a quot Windows cannot find recycler blah blah quot error So virus I thought Ran an AVG scan- picked up a load of viruses and removed them Internet has since been okay and I haven t received any low virtual memory balloons However still having problems getting into my hard drive I can open and view the files by clicking explore but nothing else I searched around the net and I m currently running Autorun Eater which apparently deletes any suspicious Autorun inf files Just wondering whether all this sounds like it adds up and if anyone else has had this kind of problem I think I m doing the right thing This Autorun eater has been running for about half an hour now and has deleted all sorts of suspicious autorun inf files I can now access my hard drive normally Hopefully it ll remain that way when I restart A friend of mine has also had a very similar problem in the last week too nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/potential-virtual-memory-virus.822966/
Relevancy 62.35%

When booting up my Laptop it will let me enter my password when it is on I currently have it off but Bloodhound Virtual virus? Memory?/ it will get to the Welcome screen and the blue circle will spin for minutes but will not go past that it eventually freezes up and restarts I might have gotten a bloodhound virus Thank you for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Ju - at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning disabled Outdated FB E- B Virtual Memory?/ Bloodhound virus? - A- F -E D C SP Symantec Endpoint Protection disabled Outdated C A -B D- D B-AF - A A FW Symantec Endpoint Protection enabled BE FE -CD B- - A - DB DDB Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users Ju - AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE B OA dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp compaq-laptop aol com uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Print Clips ffffffff-ff - c - ec- e aa b d - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll TB FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - No File TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil a exe mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRunOnce Uninstall Adobe Download Manager quot c program files nos bin getPlus HelperSvc exe quot UninstallGet noarp mRunOnce Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbamgui exe install silent ... Read more

A:Virtual Memory?/ Bloodhound virus?

Do you still desire help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277306/virtual-memory-bloodhound-virus/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys I need some help I have something probably eating Something virtual my likely is memory. Most a virus a virus eating away my memory The computer runs fine for a bit but after a while Windows warns me that the virtual memory is running low Whatever this is it slowly Something is eating my virtual memory. Most likely a virus eats away my memory until all the physical and virtual memory are used Obviously after this happens the computer starts crashing I have tried several antivirus software malwarebytes spybot avira and while they did find some infections removing those didn't fix the problem I ran hijackthis and I'm copying the log Does anyone have any ideas Thank you very much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Something is eating my virtual memory. Most likely a virus exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost Something is eating my virtual memory. Most likely a virus exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Jacobo My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Google R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files Steam S... Read more

A:Something is eating my virtual memory. Most likely a virus

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/something-is-eating-my-virtual-memory-most-likely-a-virus-661243.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi have a virus I think or could be virtual memory I have Screen freezing....Virus memory?? Virtual or had messages come up occaisionally saying viryual memroy is low increasing MY Internet Explorer freezes when I try to run so could not run your rec virus checkers Ran adaware in Mozilla but reached a certain point then stopped yuk I have managed to run Avast and deleted a few trojans but still have this problem normal pages load slowly and then in some applications screen freezes can you help pls Oh and I couldn't do these in safe Screen freezing....Virus or Virtual memory?? mode as my modem won't work in safe mode but will in normal mode I have attached a hijackthis log hope u can help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System Screen freezing....Virus or Virtual memory?? smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost Screen freezing....Virus or Virtual memory?? exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Ares ares exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C freeserve freeserveconnectionkit atdialler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www wanadoo co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - end VigLink - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - end VigLink - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - end VigLink - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO ST - end VigLink - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - end VigLink - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - end VigLink - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar Wanadoo - end VigLink - C PROGRA Wanadoo WSBar WSBar dll O - Toolbar MSN - end VigLink - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - end VigLink - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent McAgent exe O - HKLM Run hgqhp exe C WINDOWS system hgqhp exe O - HKCU Run UnSpyPC quot C Program Files UnSpyPC UnSpyPC exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exe quot O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares ares exe quot -h O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk O - Global Startup Freeserve Connection Kit lnk C freeserve freeserveconnectionkit atdialler exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office... Read more

A:Screen freezing....Virus or Virtual memory??

All apologies on the delay....

Please RIGHT-CLICK HERE to download Silent Runner's.Save it to the desktop.
Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done, let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
Once you receive the prompt All Done!, open the text file on the desktop, copy that entire log, and paste it here.
*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/screen-freezing-virus-or-virtual-memory-92843.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Computer is running SO SO SO slow THere is nothing really on this computer so I just dont understand the Low virtual memory warning I keep getting It however has not been used for a very long time so I did several updates installed security essentials and everything else I know to do but I just cant figure it out Its windows XP I ran the hyjack this but was unable to get anything from the DDS but I did try Can anyone help me here is the hyjack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on (virus) memory Slow and virtual low computer Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Slow computer and low virtual memory (virus) C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Slow computer and low virtual memory (virus) Files NETGEAR WN B Utility WN B exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Slow computer and low virtual memory (virus) R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run AS WN B C Program Files NETGEAR WN B Utility WN B exe -hide O - HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dll -- End of file - bytes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-and-low-virtual-memory-virus.1057521/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have a problem with my computer Something most likely a virus is eating my virtual memory away A couple of weeks ago my antivirus caught a threat and apparently cleaned it Ever since then the computer physical Help. Virus eating virtual and memory has had the problem The computer runs fine at the beginning but after a while a message appears saying that virtual memory is running low and windows is increasing it A while later the memory is so low that the computer just stops working The task manager doesn't show any process using any unusual amount of memory I read the instructions in the forum and I'm attaching the results from DDS but not all the results from GMER I was only able to run GMER without the files checkbox on Help. Virus eating memory physical and virtual The computer runs out of memory before GMER finishes scanning the files in drive C I do have access to my Windows Install disc I would really appreciate any help you can provide on this Cheers

A:Help. Virus eating memory physical and virtual

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

It appears you didn't post the first dds log, DDS.txt, in your initial post.

Press the Windows "logo" key and "R" key then copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

%temp%\dds.txt

A text file should open. Save it to your desktop then attach that file to your next reply.

Check for additional security risks: Please download CKScanner? by askey127 and save to your desktop.
Double-click on CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File. You will be prompted, just click OK.
Post the contents of ckfiles.txt in your next reply. It is located on your desktop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-virus-eating-memory-physical-and-virtual-664582.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a virtual memory problem after my computer has been on for over an hour. I have 256 of RAM and get the message flashing up even if I’m only using one program. I am not even able to save my work and after a while everything freezes. Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this please?

A:Win2K Virtual Memory problem (virus?)

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/win2k-virtual-memory-problem-virus-27494.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Problem virus, problems memory major but having Virtual/HD deleted Computer is running very slow even with only application running Also without doing anything the amount of space on my hard disk jumps up and down mostly down the longer my computer is on For example after mins of listening to a MP song-- the computer says that my quot Virtual memory is running low quot then mins later the quot Low Disk Space quot pops up When I first startup the computer I have about GB of free space normal Then it can get as low as mb Had the Vundo virus removed by Mcafee in about areas of my computer and also ran and removed a bunch of adware spyware but no help I figure that some application program that I deleted virus, but having major Virtual/HD memory problems don't know about is running and using the HD memory and SDRAM I checked the Windows Task Manager and it shows some a bunch of exe files running that I don't recognize ex srvfax exe mem usage K is the biggest thing running I have the same problems whether I'm on the internet or not I've run the virus scan with and without the System Restore activated times Any info help would be great Thanks

A:deleted virus, but having major Virtual/HD memory problems

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/deleted-virus-but-having-major-virtual-hd-memory-problems-26422.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys, my commit charge has been pretty high lately. I've had Avast! for a while and I haven't seen too many problems besides the memory usage spiking as it is updating. I only have 512 MB of ram, so my commit charge is pretty low, every pagefile K counts. I'm running avast! version 4.8 Home Edition. Total VM Size: 1,004,540 K

Relevancy 59.34%

I have 3GB of ram but only 1.3GB is available according to system health report.
Due to this My system crashes ..
Please Help..I have attached system health report

A:Lack Of Memory ! Please Help

Why dont you go back to its original windows version (home premium) by restoring to factory defaults and see if that fixes the problem? Or, post a WGA report so we can start looking @ the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/219358-lack-memory-please-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I am running a PC with 256Mb of memory.

I have discovered that according to my system I have only 33Mb of memory left. How would this affect my PC. Would it make my internet connection run slower or would it just affect applications?.

What is the best solution. Can I buy extra memory and if so how easy and costly is it. Alternatively can I free up some memory on the system that I currently run.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

jampot

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, i bought hp pavilion 550 256na in march and have only just got around to setting it up. i tried to set up my dropbox which has 77gb of data but message came up saying not enough memory?? when i checked the system "about" it only has 128gb.... surely this cant be right?? i thought this machine had 2tb and 8gb ram. Can someone help me out. surely no new pc will just have 128gb?? Go easy on me. lol Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Ben

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/lack-of-memory/td-p/5713189
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello All,

I am developing an application in .NET 2003, it needs too much memory, when I run it on windows XP it used about 50 MB of the memory and then it breaks, My PC ram is 1 GB, but looks like the systems doesn't allow it to use more memory.

How can I resolve this issue and allow my application to use much memory, about half a gage or so?

Thank a lot

A:Lack of Memory for my application?

Allo mohd

What programs do you have running in the background??? for example - Nastyware scanners - Messenger - Skype - Firewall and so on???

Try shutting down what you don't need for your project. That should free up some more memory, hopefully enough to finish your work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lack-of-memory-for-my-application-238819.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi i have a REALLY OLD COMPUTER as you can see for people that know me its a hp media center pc m c PC SPEC gb of ram Window Ultimate Intel Pentuim processors ok go ahead laugh ghz both LAUGH AT THAT HA What i see from task manager is physical memory is always near or yet drastic lag Nothin boots on my start up besides intel grapihcs card thing but nothin else i know that to well THING I DO WHEN I START UP COMPUTER First things first I start game booster then i turn on Advanced sytem care and i do everything on the check list Its done ususally no malware are there i know to good to update once everytime I do spyware check KILLED THEM ALL then i do Pc to maybe death memory. the of to idk lack lag antivirus check Always non I use malware byes Perfect Click Google Chrome Wait maybe Pc lag to the death idk maybe to lack of memory. minutes to load Then do my bussnuss All this takes atleast minutes Any ways to improve system speed

A:Pc lag to the death idk maybe to lack of memory.

BTW not to bump or anything but window explorer.exe only takes in 10,000 kbs of ram. Isnt it suppose to take atleast 20 or 30,000?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270522-pc-lag-death-idk-maybe-lack-memory.html
Relevancy 58.91%

http forums techguy org digital-photography-imaging -help-photoshop html basically the same as the above now closed link and info I have tried all the above with no joy memory or cs of? lack photoshop First let me explain that I have a legit copy of cs but I bought a US version and installed it in the UK no no no said ADOBE in the UK we cant have that but I said that I was months in UK months in the States oh they said never had that before please phone ADOBE in the States Adobe were obliging in as photoshop cs memory or lack of? much as I was able to install it But they gave me a whole set of instructions to do and new codes to imput I have no way of duplicating what they told me to do anyway no trouble for several years then a boot failure and I have had to transfer stuff to a new hard drive I was able to still photoshop cs memory or lack of? access my old drive as a slave to copy some stuff across but this drive is very iffy so it is only there for the temp anyway I am still getting this memory could not be allocated for the activation process any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photoshop-cs-memory-or-lack-of.882766/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am struggling with my hard drive memory on my laptop.

Im really struggling because I am unable to do things on my laptop now.

I have an acer aspire 4920 Laptop. Intel core 2 duo processor T5250, I have 120GB of memory. 1.5GHz, 867 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache. 2GB RAM. Thats all I know really.

In My C Drive I have 49.5GB of space and only have 2.93GB of space left.
In my D Drive I have 49.5GB of space and only have 6.92GB of space left.

I only have like 20GB at the most of music and photos etc but have hardly any hard drive memory left. What is happening to the rest of my hard drive memory???

I would like to know what to do to free memory up on my hard drive???

I dont understand why I have this problem of lack of space If I hardly have any media stored on.

Please could someone help me.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have been trying to fix my parent s computer They had me come over because their internet wasn t working As I was looking into it I believe they have a Malware issue They run Windows XP with IE They also have Norton Anti-Virus When I ran the diagnostics tool for IE I received this message Windows cannot connect to the internet Solved: of Malware Issues lack Internet and using Solved: Malware Issues and lack of Internet HTTP HTTPS or FTP This is probably caused by firewall setting on this computer Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port HTTPS port and FTP port They are connected via a wireless modem but I tried the computer with a connected cable and the modem is not the issue I turned off the Windows Firewall When I opened up Norton Solved: Malware Issues and lack of Internet to turn off the firewall I wasn t able to mess with the firewall settings for Norton My Dad told me that Norton did not look the same as it did before the internet connection failed I tried to run a previous version of Ad-Aware and it said there wasn t a single issue I find this hard to believe because Ad-Aware hadn t been run in over months I tried to turn of Norton and some other applications with the Task Manager and thought there were some suspicious programs running Particularly there were instances of csrss exe I did a file search on the computer and found a csrss file with a pf at the end of it I didn t want to go any further and figured you guys might be able to help with a posing of my parent s Hijack This Log Thanks in advance for anything help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I think I have a virus or something in my laptop It seems a lot of people who had a similar problem got some good advice from in this website so maybe you help me as well I m getting the same warning message every time I turn on my laptop It says quot Windows - Virtual Memory Minium Too Low quot It started out of the blue about a month ago It can t be anything to do with low memory because it appears even before I do anything on the machine My Avira ver doesn t seem to work anymore every time I do a scan it finds more viruses and my laptop would not let me to Virtual Virus. Need help. Minium "Windows Memory - Too Low" go the website anymore I also noticed that the hard drive is continuously running even when I m not accessing any programs or have any web pages opened The times I do use the web it often freezes up and I have to close all the pages just to unfreeze it I tried System Restore but I can t even get "Windows - Virtual Memory Minium Too Low" Virus. Need help. to any of my old save points anymore I am running on XP and IE I have a log for anyone who needs it Thanks again Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Atheros ACU exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Daemon Virtual Drive daemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MozyPro Corporate Edition MyBusinessWorksstat exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files MozyPro Corporate Edition MyBusinessWorksbackup exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config logi ap e CwWSb QVdqk- amp done http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Documents and Settings Derek Local Settings Application Data pxrnjgxj xejatgha exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Cla... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs.

I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives.

Now the computer performance is amazing, everything responds properly but now I'm getting error messages of low memory and getting crashes. A few minutes ago the computer crashed to a black screeen.

Here are the values I have right now in Virtual Memory, what else should I do to stop these crashes? I already tried a few different values but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions?

Proccessor AMD 6300

GPU Ati Radeon 7790

8GB DDR3

Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61848-crashes-low-memory-warnings-after-changing-virtual-memory-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Please Advice Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Desktop - - Memory Corruption?! dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Memory Corruption?! Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff dd f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd dbaa Debug session time Mon Aug UTC System Uptime days Loading Memory Corruption?! Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff e fffff d f Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff e Address of the instruction which caused Memory Corruption?! the bugcheck Arg fffff d f Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP FILE ATTRIBUTES x Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP netbt NbtReadRegistry fffff e add byte ptr rax al CONTEXT fffff d f -- cxr xfffff d f r rax rbx rcx fbb b rdx fffff d a b rsi ffffffff c rdi fffff d a rip fffff e rsp fffff d a rbp fffff d a r fffff a ab r r fffff dd d r fffffa r fffffa d e r fffff d a r r fffffa ff e iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e add byte ptr rax al ds b Last set context rax rbx rcx fbb b rdx fffff d a b rsi ffffffff c rdi fffff d a rip fffff e rsp fffff d a rbp fffff d a r fffff a ab r r fffff dd d r fffffa r fffffa d e r fffff d a r r fffffa ff e iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e add byte ptr rax al ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff e aa to fffff e STACK TEXT fffff d a fffff e aa c c netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff d a f fffff e c fffff a d de fffff d a f fffffa ff c b fffffa aa netbt LookupDeviceInRegistry x a fffff d a fffff e e fffffa c fffffa ff c b fffffa c fffffa c netbt DispatchIoctls x fffff d a fffff dd fffffa f b fffffa ff c b fffff d a b netbt NbtDispatchDevCtrl x e fffff d a fffff dd f fb nt IopXxxControlFile x e fffff d a a fffff dd bb f eaa fffff d a aa nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x fffff d a a fb f b a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f f f x fb f b a CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d netbt fffff e -fffff e bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry f e da d da fffff e -fffff e f bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x f c fffff e -fffff e bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x a f d e fffff e -fffff e f bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b c c f d fffff e -fffff e b bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b b f f f fffff e e-fffff e a bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry e x c b d b fffff e a - netbt NbtReadRegistry x fffff e a -fffff e bb bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry x b e ff fffff e be-fffff e d bytes - netbt NbtReadRegistry e x b b c errors netbt fffff e -fffff e d MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MEMORY CORRUPTOR LARGE STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff d f kb FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE BUCKET ID MEMORY C... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

I ve had two crashes today this morning and tonight Both had identical crash dumps Here is what I got from the debugger Code WRITE ADDRESS f CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f fffff b a mov r x rdi CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b to fffff STACK TEXT fffffadf e e fffff b a Memory Corruption? f nt KeBugCheckEx fffffadf e e fffff ffffffff ad fffffadf e db d nt KiBugCheckDispatch Memory Corruption? x fffffadf e e fffff b a fffffadf e e a fffffadf e e a fffffadf e e fffffadf e ccfd nt KiPageFault x fffffadf e e a fffff dc eb a fffff f nt MiInsertPageInFreeList x f fffffadf e e fffff dd a a fffff fb fffffadf fadf e df a nt MiDeletePte x fb fffffadf e e c fffff cf fffffadf f fff fffffadf e eabf nt MiDeleteVirtualAddresses x ef fffffadf e e b fffff d ffffffff ffffffff fffffadf e e cf ef d nt NtFreeVirtualMemory xac fffffadf e e c ef a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x ae c x ef a STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f fffff b a mov r x rdi FAULTING SOURCE CODE SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner SYMBOL NAME nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP cf IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X xA W nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f BUCKET ID X xA W nt MiInsertPageInFreeList f Followup MachineOwner --------- I ran a test of the ram with DocMemory and it went through loops without a problem The question is whether this is a hardware of software problem nbsp

A:Memory Corruption?

While I do not expect a finite answer to my question, surely someone can shed at least a ray of light on this.

After posting this thread, I later received an error dialog that Cacheman had experienced a software error and it shutdown, without a BSOD. I cannot recall the terminology now, but it made me think that it might be linked to the BSODs that do regards memory functions. I left it shutdown to see, but I then started getting more frequent crashes. At this point, I have a hunch that Cacheman may be helping instead.

If no one has a solution, at least point me in a direction that I might find it myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-corruption.494797/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows XP Service Pack I m using a beta version of Soundbooth and Adobe personnel asked me to temporarily disable C windows system nvoglnt dll and try Memory Corruption to open a video after renaming this file and starting their software holding the shift key down Well their software responded perfectly I then went back and changed the file back to the normal name After this I did a restart on the computer When it was shut down I got the blue screen and when it booted up I got the quot this computer has recovered from a serious system error quot message I read through the posts here and thanks to USASMA downloaded the Windbg program and came up with the following report and I don t understand any of it and don t know what to do Looking for some advise Thanks Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV Memory Corruption c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x d Debug session time Wed Feb GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg page frame number Arg current page state Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E PFN PAGE SINGLE BIT ERROR Bugcheck args and differ by a bit its hardware error MEMORY CORRUPTOR ONE BIT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME rundll exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ddc to f f STACK TEXT b b ddc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b a a c a ddf nt MiDecrementShareCount x a b b cc b bf a ddda ffff nt MiDeleteValidAddress x b b ec f a ddda a dded a ddda nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x b b d ddda d nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x b b c d f b b c ff f nt PspExitThread x b b cc ff f d b b b b c nt PsExitSpecialApc x b b c b b nt KiDeliverApc x af b b c c e f b b nt KiServiceExit x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fb x c e f STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION ONE BIT BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION ONE BIT Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg page frame number Arg current page state Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E PFN PAGE SINGLE BIT ERROR Bugcheck args and differ by a bit its hardware error MEMORY CORRUPTOR ONE BIT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME rundll exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ddc to f f STACK TEXT b b ddc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b b b a a c a ddf nt MiDecrementShareCount x a b b cc b bf a ddda ffff nt MiDeleteValidAddress x b b ec f a ddda a dded a ddda nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x b b d ddda d nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x b b c d f b b c ff f nt PspExitThread x b b cc ff f d b b b b c nt PsExitSpecialApc x b b c b b nt KiDeliverApc x af b b c c e f b b nt KiServiceExit x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fb x c e f STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME memory corrupti... Read more

A:Memory Corruption

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197882/alcmtrexe-alcwzrdexe/In order to avoid confusion, and make the best use of the limited amount of malware removal helpers and their own limited amount of time, this topic is closed. Please do not post in more than one forum, and if you have more topics open elsewhere, please ask that they be closed. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.Bleeping Computer Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200744/memory-corruption/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just found out I got some memory corruption I been trying to get windows update to work and I was told by Flavius and woundering how I could fix this I been getting some bluescreens Windows Update wont update and minor stuff wont save like to have the desktop on the toolbar Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File G Memory Corruption Folder MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address Memory Corruption space is available Symbol search path is SRV G SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Memory Corruption Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Wed Sep GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Memory Corruption Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E b b PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg b page frame number Arg current page state Arg b Debugging Details ------------------ PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x E DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME SC exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bc to fffff c STACK TEXT fffff bec f fffff bc e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bec f fffff fffff ecc nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff bec f fffff b fffffa a e fffff c f fffffff fffff a b ecbf nt FNODOBFM string' x c fffff bec fffff a fffffa a e fffffa fffff c fffff b nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x fffff bec b fffff abc f fffff a c fffff bec c fffffa b f nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x fffff bec fffff d fd d fffffa c f nt PspExitThread x f fffff bec c fffff a e fffff c fbce fffff fffff nt PsExitSpecialApc x d fffff bec f fffff a f fe fffff bec a fffff dc nt KiDeliverApc x eb fffff bec a fffff c f fffff bec ca fffff d fa a nt KiInitiateUserApc x fffff bec bb dd nt KiSystemServiceExit x c e f f x dd STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiBadShareCount c fffff bc cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiBadShareCount c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b cfeb IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg b page frame number Arg current page state Arg b Debugging Details ------------------ PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr fffdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x E DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME SC exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff bc to fffff c STACK TEXT fffff bec f fffff bc e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bec f fffff fffff ecc nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff bec f fffff b fffffa a e fffff c f fffffff fffff a b ecbf nt FNODOBFM string' x c fffff bec fffff a fffffa a e fffffa fffff c fffff b nt MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet x fffff bec b fffff abc f fffff a c fffff bec c fffffa b f nt MmCleanProcessAddressSpace x fffff bec fffff d fd d ... Read more

A:Memory Corruption

No,
It sounds like an infection. Try doing a complete system scan using Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D.

These should yeild some nasties hiding on your HDD.

Let us know what it finds,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/108723-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 54.18%

evening guys been having a few random hard locks over the last week or so - mainly while gaming now not or Memory else? corruption something everyone bsods in fact a couple of them have just rebooted the system without a bsod i have attached the dump files i have related to these crashes and the bsod Memory corruption or something else? screen via bluescreenreview - apologies if this is wrong Code Microsoft R Memory corruption or something else? Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e f PsLoadedModuleList xfffff ce Debug session time Sun Jan UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E cdfb cddd Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PFN LIST CORRUPT e Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists ie calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list etc If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace Arguments Arg A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg cdfb page frame number Arg current page state Arg cddd Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x E CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME BlackOpsMP exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff f f c to fffff e f STACK TEXT fffff f fffff f f c e cdfb nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f fffff e fffff be ba cdfb b fffffa f fffffa deb nt MiBadShareCount x c fffff f fffff f fffff be fffff e fffffa b aa fffff e nt FNODOBFM string' x e d fffff f b fffff f fffff a af e fffff fca fffff a bd fffffa f b nt MiRemoveFromSystemSpace x d fffff f fffff ab e fffffa de fffff b fd nt MmUnmapViewInSystemSpace x fffff f fffff a b fffffa e fffff fca dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL DestroyOneAllocation x fffff fa fffff b fffffa e a fffffa d d dxgmms VIDMM DMA POOL RemoveDmaBufferFromPool x fffff fa fffff d fffff a de fffa fffff a acefc dxgmms VIDMM DMA POOL scalar deleting destructor' x b fffff faa fffff d f fffff a acefc fffff a de fffa dxgmms VidMmDestoryDmaPool x fffff fad fffff d d fffff a de fffff a de fffff fca fffa dxgkrnl DXGCONTEXTDestroy x d fffff fb fffff d df dc fffffa deb fffff fbc a e c dxgkrnl DXGDEVICEDestroyContext xb fffff fb fffff eba ffffffff ffb b f f dxgkrnl DxgkDestroyContext x a fffff fbf fffff e e fffffa deb fffff fca fffa fffffa win k NtGdiDdDDIDestroyContext x fffff fc a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x a e x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt MiBadShareCount c fffff f f c cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt MiBadShareCount c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP c c a IMAGE NAME memory corruption FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c BUCKET ID X x E nt MiBadShareCount c Followup MachineOwner Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a e Debug session time Sun Jan UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck a a d c b b eebc f a fffff e c Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL STRUCTURE COR... Read more

A:Memory corruption or something else?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I see a number of files are missing in your upload. I looked at your three most recent dumps. Each has a different error code, two directly blame memory corruption, and the other indicated memory corruption. This points to a hardware/hardware related (drivers) issue.

Uninstall Trusteer Rapport. It is known to cause BSOD's on Win 7 systems. Here is some reading on this software. Online Banking Security | Trusteer,

MPECS Inc. Blog: Windows 7 BSODs ? RapportPG64.sys is the Culprit

I recommend that you uninstall TuneUp Utilities. Windows 7 is a totally different operating system than XP. Win 7 is not an evolution from XP. It is a totally new OS and even changed from Vista. Thus the wisdom we learned about XP - tweaking, cleaning, modifying for speed, etc - do not apply at all to Win 7. Forget that knowledge.

Windows is a closed source system. Developers of tuneup utilities and registry cleaners do not have the core code of Win 7 and are not working on definitive information, but rather they are going on past knowledge and experience, most of which is not applicable to Win 7. Automatic cleaners will usually have to do some guesswork.

There is almost no tweaking that can be done to Win 7 to speed it up. The system is designed to diagnose itself and take care of itself which it does remarkably well. Win 7 maintains itself and that includes the registry.

Tuneup utilities are pure snake oil. At best they do nothing except use resources. At worst, they can mess your system up, slowing it down, and even crash it. There is no tuneup utility out there anywhere that can speed Win 7 up and improve its performance, at least not at this time.

This isn't to say that the system does not need to be maintained. Uninstall programs that you don't use, delete unneeded and unnecessary files. Defrag your hard drive. But don't screw with the registry unless you are an in depth expert in the Win 7 registry.

We have seen the adverse effects of tuneup utilities and registry cleaners and registry defraggers in the Crashes and Debugging Section. Most of the time, the cure is a clean install. Using a program such as Ccleaner is fine to get rid of old and unnecessary files. A tuneup utility is not only unneeded, it can actually harm your system. Don't use them.

If you are overclocking anything, return to default values.

Another cause of memory corruption are out of date drivers. These can and do cause conflicts, memory corruption and BSOD's. I find these outdated drivers loaded on your system. The ones in red font are really obsolete. Some are XP drivers. Update the following drivers through the links provided or uninstall the software they are associated with.

Quote:
ADIHdAud.sys Thu May 21 04:21:06 2009 - SoundMAX Digital HD Audio Driver. OEM - none at Analog Devices | Mixed-signal and Digital Signal Processing ICs. Try to update this driver through computer manufacturer's or motherboard manufacturer's website.

Alpham164.sys Mon Jul 23 03:57:03 2007 - Ideazon ZBoard/Ideazon ZBoard Fang MM USB HID. http://www.steelseries.com/download.

Alpham264.sys Tue Mar 20 05:51:03 2007 - Ideazon ZBoard/Ideazon ZBoard Fang MM USB HID. http://www.steelseries.com/download.

AsIO.sys Mon Apr 06 03:21:08 2009 - Asus PCProbe Utility. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-.

KMWDFILTER.sys Wed Apr 29 02:20:48 2009 - UASSOFT.com HID (mouse) Driver Suspect that this is a Kensington Mouse Works driver - but there's nothing listed here AFAIK: ??????????. Update the driver or upgrade your mouse.

se64a.sys Thu May 03 01:50:31 2007 - EnTech softEngine. EnTech Taiwan. This utility is obsolete. Uninstall it.

yk62x64.sys Mon Feb 23 10:02:27 2009 - NDIS6.2 Miniport Drive, Marvell: Support.

Follow these suggestions and see how your systems does.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135279-memory-corruption-something-else.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My boy's desktop has a low memory warning problem that is a little different than some of the other threads I've read here.  He gets the warning when he plays SWTOR.  Task manager shows about 290 MB of memory in use during play with no leaking.  He has an SSD as the system drive with 140 GB free out of about 240 GB.  After going on the Microsoft boards, I tried to fix the problem by resetting the virtual memory settings to "automatically size paging file" and even a custom setting but the settings won't save following a restart and it always comes back saying that no virtual memory has been allocated.  The PC runs Win8 32 bit with a Core DUO E8400 and 4GB of RAM on the MB.  I'd be grateful for any suggestions/help.

A:Win8 Low Memory - Virtual Memory Settings Not Saving

Try to defrag your hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505962/win8-low-memory-virtual-memory-settings-not-saving/
Relevancy 53.75%

6 months ago,i upgraded memory from the factory installed 64 to 256. It works,etc.

Is there any additional tweaking/ajustments i can do? i read something with virtual memory setting could be done for one thing.

A:After upgrading memory,its works,Virtual memory Tweaking Now?

Unless you have Win95 you likely donít want to go messing with your virtual memory. And even in that case it is the vcache you would be more interested in tweaking. Win98 and higher handles memory well.

If you watch your system monitor and are sure you arenít using your virtual memory you might do the ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1 INI tweak. Unless you are doing graphics, video editing or something RAM intensive you likely arenít using the virtual memory and the tweak wonít slow your computer. It doesnít speed it up, it just stops needless writes to the hard drive during idle time. Information if you want to do that: http://www.aumha.org/a/memmgmt.htm

Donít let anyone talk you into Cacheman or any of those Mem/RAM/Turbo/Boost type programs. They were written for Win95 and counterproductive in anything since.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-memory-its-works-virtual-memory-tweaking-now.95736/
Relevancy 53.75%

A device manager wasn't mentioned from the manufacturer. The manufacturer is PNY. Anyone know why it might cause the computer to run on virtual memory? There is a warning box that pulls up reading "out of memory at line:1521". I don't know what I need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-new-memory-card-now-computer-runs-on-virtual-memory.150828/
Relevancy 53.75%

Two months ago I was playing my computer and it crashed When I went to reboot it wouldn't even make it to the Bios screen Eventually I removed a stick of memory and it still woudln't boot so I put one back and and put the other back in It booted but put me down to gb of memory so I went out and bout playing Corruption Memory WOW while a new kit of memory KHX C B RK X Memory Corruption while playing WOW and took the old one out At first I couldn't boot with two sticks of memory so I went and reset the cmos and was eventually able to boot Since then I have received BSOD numerous times and have drove myself crazy trying to figure it out I ran memtest and passed with no errors And as long as I don't play wow it hasn't crashed So I went and spent six hours today redownloading and reinstalling wow and it crashed as soon as I did I went and downloaded windowsbugger kit and tried my best to decipher myself with no luck

A:Memory Corruption while playing WOW

First, we want to make sure the computer is saving your dump files. Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery [Settings] Make sure that "Write Debugging Information" is set to Small Memory Dump (256kb) if it is not already. Create a Dump File when you get a BSOD
Next, make sure that the folder C:\Windows\Minidump exists. If not, create it (allow permission if asked). Make sure any dumps you want to analyze, whether yours or others', are in this folder. You can ZIP/RAR the files and send them to someone else to analyze as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305567-memory-corruption-while-playing-wow.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently ran a stress test for my computer or a reliability test.

It turns out i only have problems with 2d graphics and i got 90 errors. With 3d graphics i got no errors.

It says Video memory corruption and to be honest I don't know what that means.

Any help guys?

Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-corruption.573463/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently ran a stress test for my computer or a reliability test.

It turns out i only have problems with 2d graphics and i got 90 errors. With 3d graphics i got no errors.

It says Video memory corruption and to be honest I don't know what that means.

Any help guys?

Joe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-corruption.573467/
Relevancy 53.75%

First of all I d Memory Video Corruption?! just like to say that this is my first post on this forum and that it s nice to see a forum dedicated to help people out I ve searched all over the internet for a solution Video Memory Corruption?! to my problem and I really hope I find it here So let s get on with the show Somewhere around christmas time I decided I should Video Memory Corruption?! get myself a computer since I ve been deprived of one of my own a few years ago best regards to my brother for shortcircuiting my old motherboard Anyway I bought a Pentium Ghz from a friend of mine who assured me it was broken so he sold me the processor motherboard ram and box for roughly After a while I pinpointed the error to the motherboard so Video Memory Corruption?! I boought a new one System specs follow Motherboard Asus P S -MX Processor Pentium Mhz RAM DDR Mhz I m not sure about the memory speed though Gfx card Nvidia GeForce MX Mb vRAM OS Windows XP Pro SP Build HD Gb Gb IDE Sound Card is onboard along with network card I have the latest drivers for all devices including gfx card bios etc and also all windows updates latest virus and firewall defenitions for norton internet security Pro and norton antivirus pro I also have adaware and run weekly virus scans discscans etc The system should be sqweeky clean But it aint First but minor problem is a overheated Pentium processor that tends to be around C F Maybe I could just get a new cooler to fix that but I heard it tends to decreasse system performance in order to protect the CPU The second and major problem is what windows loged as a System Error It usualy happens while playing computer I don t play much but my brother is addicted to CS It also happens to me in what seems to be a random order but it s more usual when I m playing any multimedia content such as videos The screen goes black with a thick red line on the top after that the system reboots The error log follows Tipo de evento Erro Origem do evento System Error Categoria do evento ID do evento Data - - Hora Utilizador N D Computador JO- V ADEEDPW Descri o C digo de erro d par metro e b a par metro par metro par metro f f Para mais informa es consulte o Centro de ajuda e suporte em http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Dados d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters e c b a c c f f The error report returned to me three diferente results Driver Problem of unknown origin Memory Problem Problem with a file in norton auto-update Since I have the latest nvidia drivers and since I installed the norton update but the problem remained I started doing some error checking I used windows memory check utility but after passes of exaustive tests it found no errors So I ran Burnin test and I got a lot of quot Video Memory Corruption quot errors So I switched the GeForce card with a TnT card but the error remained So I thought it would probably be a driver problem since both card use forceware drivers I switched to the onboard card and the problem was gone NOTE This was when I updated to the latest forceware drivers before that I was running some drivers that were released in March Even with these drivers the problem remains so I m a bit lost Perhaps the problem is on the AGP slot of my brand new mother board maybe both my second hand gfx card have the exact same problem or maybe it s just a software problem I also found another possibility which I somehow ruled out My power input is V and my peak powerconsumtion would be Watts since I dont have physics since th grade I don t remember the diference between Volts and Watts but I don t this would be a power distribution problem since I don t have lots of USB devices only mice a ADSL modem and a webcam Soooooooo Can anybody help me with this I gave all the information I think it s can be usefull but if something sliped my mind please say so Also forgive me for any misspelled word but It s one AM and my english tends to fail a bit after midnight Thanks for all help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Please Advice Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred Corruption?! Memory [BSOD] SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] x Product WinNt Memory Corruption?! [BSOD] suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff b a c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff b d aa Debug session time Thu Nov UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff a fb fffff f a be Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff a fb Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff f a be Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP FILE ATTRIBUTES x Kernel Generated Triage Dump EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP Npfs NpCommonCleanup b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax CONTEXT fffff f a be -- cxr xfffff f a be r rax rbx ffffffffffffffff rcx fffffa e rdx fffffa e rsi fffffa f e rdi fffff a b faaa rip fffff a fb rsp fffff f a e rbp fffff f a r fffffa dd r r r fffffa ce f r r r fffffa e r fffff a b faa iopl nv up ei pl zr na po cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax ds b Last set context rax rbx ffffffffffffffff rcx fffffa e rdx fffffa e rsi fffffa f e rdi fffff a b faaa rip fffff a fb rsp fffff f a e rbp fffff f a r fffffa dd r r r fffffa ce f r r r fffffa e r fffff a b faa iopl nv up ei pl zr na po cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff a fb ff inc dword ptr rax ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME nacl exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff a to fffff a fb STACK TEXT fffff f a e fffff a fffffa dd fffff a ffc b Npfs NpCommonCleanup x b fffff f a fffff ee fffffa fcc Npfs NpFsdCleanup x fffff f a fffff b ebd a fffffa f e fltmgr FltpDispatch xee fffff f a f fffff b eb b fffffa ab fffff a bb f nt IopCloseFile x fffff f a fffff b eb b fffc fffffa ad fffffa a nt ObpDecrementHandleCount xc fffff f a fffff b eff ffff ac e e fffff b f nt ObCloseHandleTableEntry x b fffff f a f fffff b f d fffffa a fffffa a fffffa a fffff a bb f nt ExSweepHandleTable xb fffff f a fffff b eed fffff a ef d fffffa nt ObKillProcess x d fffff f a fffff b f d fffffa a f f ba fffffa f nt PspExitThread x fffff f a a fffff b ad fffffa a fffffa f fffff f a b ffffffff ffffffff nt NtTerminateProcess xfd fffff f a b fd cb d dda nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fd x fd cb d dda CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d Npfs fffff a fc-fffff a ff bytes - Npfs NpCommonCleanup c cb ff errors Npfs fffff a fc-fffff a ff MODULE NAME memory corruption IMAGE NAME memory corruption FOLLOWUP NAME memory corruption DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MEMORY CORRUPTOR LARGE STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff f a be kb FAILURE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE BUCKET ID MEMORY CORRUPTION LARGE ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km memory corruption large FAILURE ID H... Read more

A:Memory Corruption?! [BSOD]

Hi jinxiang & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I would need the Dump files in order to analyse the situation your system is in and help cure it ^_^.
Please note that without the Dump files, I can't help you out.
Kindly ZIP Up the dump files and then upload them to a File Hoster like Mediafire. The Dump files are located in "C:\Windows\Minidumps". You might need to copy them to some other folder before zipping them due to permission issues.

Once they are uploaded, paste back a link to it here and I would be glad to analyse them ^_^

-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555956/memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 53.32%

I copied over a large file (550mb) earlier on today to give to a friend. It failed for problems I thought were on his memory stick.

I was just about to e-mail some very important work, a word doc, and found this in it's folder.
It is crucial that I somehow get this work back. In there there SHOULD be about 7 MS Office word documents in about 6 folders.
As you can see, nothing opens or is readable.

What do I do? I NEED this work!

Thanks for any help at all...
-Jack

A:Solved: Memory stick corruption

Well I had to format it and wipe it all indefinetely.

Thanks for your help... not.

Solved, I guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-stick-corruption.518377/
Relevancy 53.32%

Howdy!
My Laptop just recently went through the "blue screen of death phase", and now it wont even load windows for me to go to boot options for a safe mode..it gives me a black screen with a no read/write option along with specific codes and also says below that it is currently decreasing memory.
It doesn't load thereafter, and if I try to f8 or f12 upon rebooting it gives me a "1 time option" and then goes right to the no read/write black page.
I wish I would have caught this issue sooner, and just restored my computer to factory settings? I just bought this puppy about 4 months ago (it was used ofcourse, but everything was wiped clean..or so I thought)
Hoping I can get some help concerning all of this.
Upon reply I will type out the specific read/write error codes.
Cheers!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-memory-corruption.1127209/
Relevancy 53.32%

Why are so many people (myself included) suddenly seeing Memory Corruption Errors when installing Windows 7? Systems that appear to have been running previous versions of Windows fine for some time are suddenly crashing with this listed as a major culprit. What is different in Windows 7 that makes it so sensitive to memory errors?

Inquiring minds want to know...

-Jerry

A:Question about all of these memory corruption issues

Seems it usually pops up when installing Win 7 *AND* they have added memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/41797-question-about-all-these-memory-corruption-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've already run Memtest86+ for 12 passes, about 24 hours, and the Windows memory diagnostic tool and neither found anything.

I just switched back to windows 7 as a fresh install. Wiped and formatted all hard drives minus a storage drive, and I've literally replaced all my hardware except my RAM. I've updated everything already, windows updates, drivers, etc.

I am getting the same crash as I was in Win 8 and 10 where the computer will freeze and audio will start to skip followed by a BSOD. I've attached the files below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380339-bsod-memory-corruption-win7_driver_fault.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello!
I get BSOD upon startup. But not everytime I start the PC. It's like once a day, and often when I start the PC for the first time in the morning. I hope some of you guys can give me some help. The only thing I catched from the dump file was something about a memory corruption...

Thanks in advance

M

A:BSOD at startup (only?), (Memory Corruption)

Welcome

Problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Norton is known to cause BSODs, please uninstall it.Norton Removal Tool

Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:- Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Your graphic card drivers need to be updated. The current ones installed on your laptop is from 2009 (very old)

Code:
Drivrutin c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys (8.1.1.921, 5,76 MB (6*037*504 byte), 2009-08-18 03:48)

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07402000 fffff880`07a19000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 18 09:05:47 2009 (4A8A1A8B)
CheckSum: 005CE06B
ImageSize: 00617000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to ATI and reboot.

Delete remnants of the older drivers using Driver Sweeper

Get the latest version from the AMD website or from a reliable source like filehippo.com. If not that way then open Device Manager and update from there.

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260431-bsod-startup-only-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Firefox Memory Corruption Vulnerability dated July 14, 2009.

Related: Firefox 3.5 Vulnerability Rated 'Highly Critical'

Exploit code for a vulnerability in Firefox was posted online on Monday. Mozilla says it is working on a fix.

-- Tom

A:Firefox Memory Corruption Vulnerability

Dear lotuseclat79,
Thank you! How far will Sandboxie and GeSWall help in surviving the threats posed by security holes in FF3.5 and IE8?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-memory-corruption-vulnerability.843410/
Relevancy 53.32%

Im constantly getting Memory Corruption BSOD within seconds or minutes of Corruption - Only BSOD first Memory on boot. logging in to the computer But the weird thing is after its crashed Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot. once it wont do crash again until a few hours later when you restart System Specs are in the tab at the bottom Ive replaced the Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot. graphics card with my old trusty ATI card and i still got these crashes Ive even replaced the ram i used to have GB of Corsair ram but changed to GB of G Skill mhz ram The cpu is overlocked from ghz to ghz all the overclocking was set up by a online company but after them failing to help me im willing to changed voltages etc ill post details of the voltages later in case that might be the cause Ive replaced my keyboard mouse installed only basic software because memory corruption can range from any type of device software driver googled it Ive also done a clean install of Windows and removed and reseated most of the components Ive also attached the mini dumps in case anyone can make more sense from them than i can Thanks

A:Memory Corruption BSOD - Only on first boot.

Quote: Originally Posted by fluffedup

Im constantly getting Memory Corruption BSOD within seconds or minutes of logging in to the computer. But the weird thing is after its crashed once it wont do crash again until a few hours later when you restart.

System Specs are in the tab at the bottom.

Ive replaced the graphics card with my old trusty 4870 ATI card and i still got these crashes. Ive even replaced the ram, i used to have 4GB of Corsair ram but changed to 8GB of G Skill 1600mhz ram.

The cpu is overlocked from 2.67ghz to 3.63ghz, all the overclocking was set up by a online company but after them failing to help me im willing to changed voltages etc, ill post details of the voltages later in case that might be the cause.

Ive replaced my keyboard/mouse/installed only basic software because memory corruption can range from any type of device/software/driver (googled it).
Ive also done a clean install of Windows 7 and removed and reseated most of the components.

Ive also attached the mini dumps in case anyone can make more sense from them than i can. Thanks.

Well these were casued by memory corruption. One ither thing I noticed was that your AVP.exe (kaspersky AV) was in the stack on several of the crashes. I would remove the AV and test the memory by downloading memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes.
Let us know if you need help
Ken

Code:
031910-23134-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:35:32 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`06692920 fffffa80`06692920 fffffa80`04692920 fltmgr.sys fltmgr.sys+1b52 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-23134-01.dmp 4 15 7600
031910-21528-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:38:16 PM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a fffff680`000117e8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02eb81ca ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-21528-01.dmp 4 15 7600
031910-22666-01.dmp 3/19/2010 6:27:14 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04aecc50 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\031910-22666-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032010-28704-01.dmp 3/20/2010 1:29:32 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041287 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032010-28704-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032010-29094-01.dmp 3/20/2010 1:25:18 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04abdb50 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032010-29094-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-22994-01.dmp 3/21/2010 7:19:28 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04abdb20 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-22994-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-27034-01.dmp 3/21/2010 12:18:56 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041201 fffff683`ff7f55e0 8a000002`085ed025 fffffa80`06a784f0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-27034-01.dmp 4 15 7600
032110-34741-01.dmp 3/21/2010 11:53:40 AM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`04a8b750 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Mini Dumps\032110-34741-01.dmp 4 15 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72738-memory-corruption-bsod-only-first-boot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello A while back I had posted my log and my problem was resolved but I have recently come across another problem My computer's performance has slowly been slowing and now I have had enough I can see the problems when I open task manager and look at the applications Other than the main programs I may be running warning low svchost using virtual memory, memory that I know use a good amount of memory there svchost using memory, low virtual memory warning will be a couple names I am not familiar with like svchost exe and msmgs exe that will be up there in the k region Here's my htj log thanks for all help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS svchost using memory, low virtual memory warning System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C svchost using memory, low virtual memory warning WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C htj HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com r fix homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir r amp ar msnhome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www alltel net newuser benefits O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Fil... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I have windows xp machine. There was some virus found on nero s/w. so i have tried to remove it from
pc. It is not removed by giving access error.

1) Now everytime on startup of pc "Incd can not start" Message is coming.

2) When working with two or more programs, it gives message "virtual memory too low". And application
closes abnormally.
here is some error screenshottttttttt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-out-of-memory-lots-of-prbleme-in-xp.763030/
Relevancy 52.89%

Everytime I try to play my game and something big happens in it and error message pops up and says that I dont have enough virtual memory.It's not just the game too.Sometimes its the internet or when im doing anything for long periods of time.Now I checked how much memory I had and it says I have about 13 gigabytes.Im sure thats plenty enough.Where can I can more virtual memory or how do I fix it.

It wasent doing this until about last week.

A:Virtual Memory low when I have 13gb of memory left?? HELP!

i think u mean u have 13 GB of hard drive space? if so virtual memory is referring to RAM on ur pc.

how much RAM do u currently have on the computer? if its low, it may be time for an upgrade so u can handle more operations.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-memory-low-when-i-have-13gb-of-memory-left-help-266098.html
Relevancy 52.89%

my current setting of virtual memory is 745mb which is the default for 500mb i have.

i have a little program that shows memory and virtual memory, i see while in windows about 256 is beeing used in my memory stick and 256 in virtual.

why is the slow virtual memory working before i ran out of good and fast memory stick?

A:virtual memory, why is it beeing used while i still have free memory?

" XP REQUIRES "backing storage" for EVERYTHING it keeps in RAM.
Virtual Memory is always in use.All processess gets virtual memory addresses
(a Virtual Address Space) no matter how much RAM is actually installed on the computer."

"Memory allocation in is a two-step process--virtual memory addresses are reserved first, and committed second...The reservation process is simply a way NT tells the Memory Manager to reserve a block of virtual memory pages to satisfy other memory requests by the process...There are many cases in which an application will want to reserve a large block of its address space for a particular purpose (keeping data in a contiguous block makes the data easy to manage) but might not want to use all of the space."

In other words,that virtual memory to which you refer,is only allocated memory,not necessarily
paged memory.

The thing you really want to know,is the actual pagefile usage.Use this programHERE

Further reading HERE and HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-why-is-it-beeing-used-while-i-still-have-free-memory.52435/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a new PC running Vista which conveniently let someone set up a network the first time I plugged it in DSL modem hadn t yet authenticated to the ISP server In a Catch- before the computer could download its Windows security patches amp memory? infect virus/malware Can printer Norton updates something snuck in amp did a bunch of registry changes etc Can virus/malware infect printer memory? -- amp even delayed the start of said Windows updates If PC reboots I have to go into Tools gt Internet Options gt Advanced and then quot Enable Phishing Filter quot it disables it Also in that section the selection for quot Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks quot is greyed out Also in Ctrl Panel gt System gt System Protection I had to disable quot Allow remote assistance connections to this computer quot on the Remote tab of the System Properties window In Ctrl Panel gt Network amp Sharing Center had to turn off File Sharing In Network Properties it had File amp Printer Sharing enabled Terminal Services keeps re-enabling itself There is a Public Desktop etc etc Anyways I know it s infected hacked will post more later but my question for now is If I hook up my new printer scanner fax copier to the computer in order to print a document is there a chance the malware whatever could get into the printer s memory amp remain resident there I did stop the Print Spooler service Edited to add Of course I ll unhook the ethernet connection first

A:Can virus/malware infect printer memory?

If I hook up my new printer/scanner/fax/copier to the computer in order to print a document, is there a chance the malware/whatever could get into the printer's memory & remain resident there? (I did stop the Print Spooler service.)It's highly unlikely

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257846/can-virusmalware-infect-printer-memory/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For the past few days I've been experiencing random BSODs The computer can be idle and still do it I've already ran memtest to see pool BSOD memory Special corruption - if my memory were faulty I did test them one at a time to be make sure and neither have any problems Vista Ultimate AMD Athlon X GB Ram BFG GTX Three hard drives The BSOD error shows the following Special Pool memory corruption x c xba ef xba eb x c x I also looked into the event viewer and these showed up as an error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Log Name System Source EventLog Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level BSOD - Special pool memory corruption Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer ToNiX Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime BSOD - Special pool memory corruption quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer BSOD - Special pool memory corruption gt ToNiX lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt AM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt D D FA D D FA C C lt Binary gt I haven't done anything software hardware related in the past two or three weeks so I have no clue as to whats causing this I've included the dump file for the latest BSOD If there is anymore information that I can supply please let me know I greatly appreciate any help

A:BSOD - Special pool memory corruption

This is (most likely) a malware issue or a corrupted driver IMO. This is also a Driver Verifier enabled minidump - please include information such as this in future posts. Please describe, in detail, what you've attempted to do to fix the issue - including links to any other online work.

Also, it's not usually sufficient to diagnose a Blue Screen issue from just one mini-dump - so please include all minidumps when posting here.

Please post over in the malware forums to ensure that your system is clean. The reason for this is the unidentified driver apx1gadg.SYS The forums are located here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

Once assured that you're clean, then try this:

Check to see if you have a program called Counter Spy installed. If so, uninstall it (making sure that you have other protection available if that's the only one you have on your system). The BSOD points to sbapifs.sys - a component of Counter Spy.

Finally, once you've accomplished all of this, ENSURE that you've turned Driver Verifier off. Leaving it on will make the system more unstable.

Here's the analysis:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR-RC1-Desktop\TempDUMP\DATA\01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6002.18005.x86fre.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82001000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8210e930
Debug session time: Thu Aug 13 05:41:48.028 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:06:57.900
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C1, {ba41ef78, ba41eb04, 83408c, 32}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sbapifs.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sbapifs.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sbapifs.sys
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+a17a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !thread;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck;.logclose;q
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8212d6dc
THREAD 88d98250 Cid 0e38.15c8 Teb: 7ffdf000 Win32Thread: fc488e90 RUNNING on processor 0
IRP List:
Unable to read nt!_IRP @ b9f7ee00
Not impersonating
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from 82106b54
Owning Process 88d986c0 Image: SearchProtocolH
Attached Process N/A Image: N/A
ffdf0000: Unable to get shared data
Wait Start TickCount 488323
Context Switch Count 40
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
UserTime 00:00:00.000
KernelTime 00:00:00.000
Win32 Start Address 0x00f3c799
Stack Init ad22c000 Current ad22bb48 Base ad22c000 Limit ad229000 Call 0
Priority 9 BasePriority 8 PriorityDecrement 0 IoPriority 2 PagePriority 5
ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child
ad22b6dc 820c7f95 000000c1 ba41ef78 ba41eb04 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
ad22b7d4 820e5b98 ba41ef78 0000000... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-memory-corruption-404267.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having a bunch of crashes while playing games like Battlefield 3 and Wow. When I've played Skyrim and other games there have been zero crashes. Using WhoCrashed tell me about memory corruption, and doing Windows Memory check comes up with no problems detected. How should I go about figuring out what is the cause?

GA-990XA-UD3
AX6950 1bg
AMD Phenom II x 4 965
G.Skil 6b (3x2bg) RAM

I think all drivers are up to date, but obviously one is causing a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am pretty new to debugging so try not to use too much jargon.

A:BSOD memory corruption while playing come games

Quote: Originally Posted by Blakerade

I have been having a bunch of crashes while playing games like Battlefield 3 and Wow. When I've played Skyrim and other games there have been zero crashes. Using WhoCrashed tell me about memory corruption, and doing Windows Memory check comes up with no problems detected. How should I go about figuring out what is the cause?

GA-990XA-UD3
AX6950 1bg
AMD Phenom II x 4 965
G.Skil 6b (3x2bg) RAM

I think all drivers are up to date, but obviously one is causing a problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am pretty new to debugging so try not to use too much jargon.

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

It is almost impossible to spot trends from a single DMP file so if you have more than one please upload them. If you only have one please wait until the computer crashes again then upload both.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200584-bsod-memory-corruption-while-playing-come-games.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

Got an error in adobe acrobat saying "The application is being terminated because of memory corruption."

I have tried a couple of suggestions from Adobe's site with no avail. Is there any other suggestions? I will provide the link to Adobe's suggestions.

Thanks in advanced guys!

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331958.html

A:Adobe Acrobat 7.08 memory corruption error

Have you tried solution #2? Right click the Start button and choose Explore. Go up to Tools/Folder Options/View put a check in Show Hidded Files and Folders. Now Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\7.0\ and delete the file Organize70.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-acrobat-7-08-memory-corruption-error-437511.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Bad memory ,system corruption ,missing file

I found out in one of my thread on malware problem running a scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool saying I may have bad memory.And because this is not malware related and I don't want to be taking any more time of the malware specialists there and so I will post here.

what scans can I run to see if my memory is okay? Could system corruption ,missing file or malware cause bad memory? Only problems I have been having is thumbnails taking a very long time to load in the administrator account but okay in the guest account

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool saying I may have bad memory thread saying it

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...computer-after-malware-pop-6.html#post8982003
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1133892-slow-computer-after-malware-pop-4.html
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1133892-slow-computer-after-malware-pop.html

Relevancy 52.46%

hello forum!

i got some bluescreens randomly around the day while playing bf1 / other games.

system setup:

board: asus m5A99FX PRO R2.0 990FX
cpu: amd fx 8350
gfx: EVGA 1070 SC
RAM: 8gb Kingston Hyper X Blu DDR3

I switched the ram to a known as fully working ram. but no fix.

now i think its a driver problem.

thanks for help! i appreciate the help here in the forum. very nice service!

regards

schnub

PS: if you need extra information please feel free to ask.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67381-bsod-bf1-other-games-memory-corruption-bad-driver.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone

I'm running a sony vaio notebook, vista home premium 32 bit, 3gb ram (2gb hynix, 1gb kingmax), intel core 2 duo t8100, ati mobility radeon x2300. I have been getting a persistent blue screen of death with the error message: "special pool detected memory corruption".

I have run the debug program and was hoping someone could kindly assist me with interpreting the minidump. The debug report says the problem is probably caused by "memory corruption". Please refer to the attached notepad file. Many thanks, from a relative computer newbie.

A:BSOD memory corruption, please help with interpreting minidump!

Hi -

The bugcheck on your attached dbug log -

0xc1 (0x90966fb0, 0x90966ffe, 0x33804e, 0x24), prob cause = memory corruption.

As you noted, 0xc1 = SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION = driver wrote to an invalid section of the special pool. The last perm 0x24 indicates that the driver freed memory in an improper manner.

Sorry, but not much can be done w/ that dump log. Run the driver verifier as it will help find the rogue driver:
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe uptop under programs | Run as Administrator | type verifier & hit enter - the Verifier screen will appear | do the following:

Code:

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list.
3. Check the boxes? Special Pool
? Pool Tracking
? Force IRQL checking4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
7. Click on Finish
8. Re-boot

If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD. To see the status of Verifier - type verifier - select the last option on the first screen - "Display information about the currently verified drivers..". To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot. If you get a verifier-enabled BSOD, get it ASAP - go to \windows\minidump - get it, zip it up and attach.

Before I run any dumps, I will need system info from you. Please follow THESE instructions.

Reagrds. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-corruption-please-help-with-interpreting-minidump-339203.html
Relevancy 52.46%

OS - Win 10 x64 · What was original installed OS on system?Win 8. reinstalled clean with win 10.· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?Full retail version· Age of system (hardware)3.5 year· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?Less than a year · CPUIntel i7-3770k CPU @3.50GHz(8CPU)· Video CardAMD Radeon HD 7800 Series· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop) Will post information upon request· System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology     Extra note: I've been using an application called Driver Booster 3.3 which function as updating all of my drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610503/memory-management-critical-structure-corruption/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so I just bought this really nice laptop and I've had it for days now and you may be able to imagine my pained expression when I memory memory_management, BSOD corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled realized that I kept repeatedly getting blue screens Sometimes it happens when I am playing facebook games sometimes while watching youtube videos and once while launching a game I play called League of Legends BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled I ran BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled driver genius and it found driver updates and I installed all of them so I am pretty sure all my BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled drivers are up to date I've tried reformatting and I didn't get a BSOD almost all day but then I finally got one again I don't know if it is one of the drivers I have installed or if it's my RAM or if it is my SSD or HDD I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a hardware problem because I don't have any blank discs at the moment to burn the memory tester for my RAM I have sticks of gigs of RAM If this does turn out to be a hardware problem I've already contacted the retailer of my laptop to begin the RMA process as a last resort Any help with this would be sooo greatly appreciated Before my reformat I had other mini dumps and one of them was for pfn list corruption as well

A:BSOD memory_management, memory corruption, kmode_exception_not_handled

Update the following drivers:
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
fffff880`150a4000 fffff880`150a6480 LGVirHid Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)

Atheros Bluetooth Bus
fffff880`051ed000 fffff880`051fa000 btath_bus Wed Jul 20 04:59:56 2011 (4E2644AC)

Name Logitech G930 Headset
fffff880`07457000 fffff880`074a8d00 ladfGSRamd64 Mon Apr 11 20:41:07 2011 (4DA34B43)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259766-bsod-memory_management-memory-corruption-kmode_exception_not_handled.html
Relevancy 52.46%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I just made a new computer last week and I have been getting BSODs when I first start up my computer. After the BSOD, the computer restarts and acts as normal.

I believe it may have to do with me having my window files on an SSD while my users files on an HDD. I did this separation using audit mode that comes with windows so i am not sure what exactly the problem is.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:BSOD upon initial startup, memory corruption

Welcome

Have you updated to the latest firmware for your SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259764-bsod-upon-initial-startup-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 52.03%

first off id just like to say thank you to everyone for voluntarily participating in helping people virus/malware? massive memory svchost.exe vista, using in like me who are plagued by by malicious program and malware problems My computer win vista has been acting up lately most noticeably when browsing the internet and or playing online games where ping and spikes in ping are easily observed Upon investigating this problem and running multiple malware virus scans AVG malware antibytes and sybot s amp D i failed to find anything But then after I restarted my computer I saw svchost.exe using massive memory in vista, virus/malware? that there were two instances of svchost exe both taking up k of memory with one fluctuating between that and K upon killing the task one immediately restarted svchost.exe using massive memory in vista, virus/malware? and I cant get it to stay dead I had this problem a few years ago on a different computer and i remember that it was a malicious program an there was a way to stop it but I cant remember how I m posting my hijackthis dds and gmer logs whch i hope will enable someone to illuminate me as to what is going on and how to fix it thanks in advance Unrelated but Also sometimes my computer randomly starts typing in chinese characters when im on firefox or playing games on steam I think it has smeting to do with pressing control and some other random button Super annoyingand im sure theres a wa to disable whatever hotkey it is but so far ive bee unable to find it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exeC Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exeC Program Files x ASUS Direct Console DCHelper exeC Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Media DMedia exeC Program Files x ASUS Direct Console Direct Console exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files x Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run ATKOSD C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exeO - HKLM Run ATKMEDIA quot C Program Files x AS... Read more

A:svchost.exe using massive memory in vista, virus/malware?

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349790/svchostexe-using-massive-memory-in-vista-virusmalware/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys thanks for your time I was recently infected with a virus or many Uhm I don't really know how to explain it Things are really slow lots of popups Kills my internet every now and then It deleted my Avira antivirus too Took a while to get it back I tried using Spybot S amp D but it can't access my hosts file so it can't remove a lot of the viruses I've tried a lot and not much seems to be working So I thought I'd try here Here's the logs and files you guys asked for DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Administrator at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost Trouble! Virus lack title] [For a better of exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files LSI SoftModem agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Virus Trouble! [For lack of a better title] Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Virus Trouble! [For lack of a better title] WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Virus Trouble! [For lack of a better title] WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia Plus DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop uDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop uWindow Title mSearch Bar hxxp www mirarsearch com useie amp q uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared ... Read more

A:Virus Trouble! [For lack of a better title]

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Somethings to remember while we are working together.
1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!
3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.

If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

It may be helpful for you to print out or take a copy of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.

.:P2P Warning!:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Quote:

3. Uninstall the following via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel:
p2p programs like uTorrent, Bittorrent, LimeWire, Morpheus, etc., as they are a major conduit for malware and a likely source of your current issues.

IMPORTANT I notice there are signs of one or more P2P (Person to Person) File Sharing Programs on your computer.

LimeWire

Please note that as long as you are using any form of Peer-to-Peer networking and downloading files from non-documented sources, you can expect infestations of malware to occur
Once upon a time, P2P file sharing was fairly safe. That is no longer true. , please keep in mind that this practice may be the source of your current malware infestation

Please read these short reports on the dangers of peer-2-peer programs and file sharing.
Cyber Education Letter
File sharing infects 500,000 computers
USAToday

After you have uninstalled limewire please continue below.

uninstall some programs
1. click on start
2. then go to settings
3. after that you need control panel
4. look for the icon add/remove programs
click on the following programs

LimeWire 5.4.6
Mirar
PremiereAdvertisingPlatform

and click on remove

Run Combofix:
Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode.
This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:
The Recovery Console was successfully installed.
Please continue as follows:
Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the report in your next post:

C:\ComboFix.txt

"information and logs"
In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofix
let me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-trouble-for-lack-of-a-better-title-480074.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey there I'm having Memory Crash Bsod, Random Dump Corruption random BSoD's anywhere from a couple hours to a day or so Not exactly sure when they started happening since the computer used to reboot itself I changed that so I could see the stop error Here's a small history of some problems I'd been having prior to the BSoD's I had been using Nintendo's WiFi USB Connector by Buffalo and had many problems with it mostly with not connecting to the internet using the Nintendo Random Bsod, Memory Corruption Crash Dump Wii and DS but my computer also randomly froze completely no reset no blue screen nothing with no indication of why Usually it was just sitting on the desktop with nothing running but my Firewall and basic utilities see under Software This happened at random times usually at night and had happened while I was at the computer as well I talked to Nintendo and they told me not to use Spy-bot Ad-aware or AVG I took them off although I really didn't want to and I still had the problems So I am in the process of sending that back and have completely uninstalled all of the software included with the USB WiFi connector I had the exact same problem with a rd-party WiFi USB connector WiFiMAX before this BTW the Nintendo tech Representative I spoke to was kind of a prick you just don't whisper F k on a customer call and didn't seem to know what he was talking about sounded like he was reading off of a screen Here's the next piece of history I upgraded the RAM from MB to GB maximum allowed on the motherboard and also to the maximum speed allowed PC- when it was previously PC- I think I started having the blue screens at this time So I took the new RAM out replaced it with the old ram again I'm very careful about static discharge although I do not have a wrist strap But I still had blue screen problems at this time the computer was resetting So I replaced the RAM again with the new RAM since I didn't think it was a RAM problem Now since then and I'm not sure if I had the BlueScreens during the time I had the WiFi connector sorry I've been having nothing but problems with random blue screens The computer usually runs very well DOOM Ultramode with no Antialiasing is surprisingly smooth and I also ran MEMTEST just to be sure I wasn't having problems with the RAM passes no errors I had been using Avira Antivir as was a friend of mine He was having very strange computer problems so he uninstalled Antivir and his computer is fine I tried the same thing but it didn't help Avast seems ok though so I kept it on the computer Anything you can do to help will be more than appreciated since I've been tearing my hair out for several weeks on this It has gone days without BSoDing before but they always come back Below is my computer description HijackThis log Crash dump and CPUz Registers dump Software Windows XP Professional SP Avast Ad-Aware Personal no resident Spy-Bot Search and Destroy with Tea Timer Comodo FirewallSiSoftware SandraHijackThisDebugging Tools for WindowsCPUzComputer Custom Built CPU GHz Pentium Northwood Socket mPGAMB BioStar P VTB http www biostar-usa com mbdetails asp model p vtb Phoenix BIOS RAM GB GB sticks G Skill DDR PC- HDD GB Hard drivesSoundcard Creative Audigy EX With external box Video Card MB XFX NVidia GeForce GT AGP XPrinter Brother HL- Black Laser PrinterWebcam Logitech QuickCam MessengerSpeakers Crappy oldInternet Cable - Mbps BendBroadband comModem Motorola SB Surfboard Cable ModemDVD -RWDVD not connected One more thing The crash dump is usually very inconsistent but lately it's been mostly quot memory corruption quot and ntoskrnl exe Not sure what to make of it THANK YOU in advance p s sorry about the monstrous post HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe... Read more

A:Random Bsod, Memory Corruption Crash Dump

I'm not sure why someone moved my post to the "Hijack this Logs and Analysis" area, since it's only for posting HijackThis logs. I'm having STOP errors, and my post concerns the Crash dump more than anything else. If someone could please move it back to a more appropriate area, I would appreciate it. Also it would be nice if I was notified that my post was moved, not sure how this works though (or who even moved it?)Here is a Crash Dump from today. The STOP error occurred while playing Diablo II (barely even 1 minute), and stated that LVMVDrv.sys was at fault. During the blue screen the music was going crazy and making strange grinding noises and repeating.__________________________________________________________________Microsoft ® Windows Debugger Version 6.7.0005.0Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is availableSymbol search path is: SRV*c:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\Symbol Path*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsExecutable search path is: Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) UP Free x86 compatibleProduct: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055a620Debug session time: Wed May 16 09:43:00.468 2007 (GMT-7)System Uptime: 0 days 4:19:24.072Loading Kernel Symbols...................................................................................................................................................Loading User SymbolsLoading unloaded module list.........................................******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.BugCheck D4, {b7d74ff0, 2, 1, 804f7ec3}Probably caused by : rdbss.sys ( rdbss!RxpWorkerThreadDispatcher+18a )Followup: MachineOwner---------kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************SYSTEM_SCAN_AT_RAISED_IRQL_CAUGHT_IMPROPER_DRIVER_UNLOAD (d4)A driver unloaded without cancelling lookaside lists, DPCs, worker threads, etc.The broken driver's name is displayed on the screen.When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed onthe bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.An attempt was made to access the driver at raised IRQL after it unloaded.If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.Arguments:Arg1: b7d74ff0, memory referencedArg2: 00000002, IRQLArg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operationArg4: 804f7ec3, address which referenced memoryDebugging Details:------------------WRITE_ADDRESS: b7d74ff0 CURRENT_IRQL: 2FAULTING_IP: nt!KeTerminateThread+6a804f7ec3 894204 mov dword ptr [edx+4],eaxDEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULTBUGCHECK_STR: 0xD4PROCESS_NAME: SystemTRAP_FRAME: b4cf0c0c -- (.trap 0xffffffffb4cf0c0c)ErrCode = 00000002eax=b7df4fec ebx=00000000 ecx=b7df4fcc edx=b7d74fec esi=886583c0 edi=8a6c0660eip=804f7ec3 esp=b4cf0c80 ebp=b4cf0c98 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nccs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010286nt!KeTerminateThread+0x6a:804f7ec3 894204 mov dword ptr [edx+4],eax ds:0023:b7d74ff0=????????Resetting default sco... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92323/random-bsod-memory-corruption-crash-dump/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Over the course of the last few months I have been Multiple Recent Corruption, BSOD's. NTKRNLMP.EXE Memory CI.DLL, getting random BSOD's and crash's I leave my PC on and most of the time it runs great once it finally gets booted A few times recently I'll leave it at the desktop overnight and come back the next day to find a BSOD At some points it takes me - times of powering on and off to finally get it to boot into windows otherwise it just BSOD's most of the time Each BSOD shows a different code as well I tried memtest i let it run for about hours It had either or complete pass's and errors Im not sure if its a hardware failure software clashing or driver issues Computer was customer built by myself about years ago Any help would be great appreciated as its really frustrating At times I have to sit for about minutes and hit the power button numerous times to get windows to finally boot It's also been running much slower than usual I have ESET NOD Recent Multiple BSOD's. CI.DLL, Memory Corruption, NTKRNLMP.EXE AV if that makes a difference No Wifi on this computer either Attached is the zip of my dump files and other information I hope Recent Multiple BSOD's. CI.DLL, Memory Corruption, NTKRNLMP.EXE I posted this correctly

A:Recent Multiple BSOD's. CI.DLL, Memory Corruption, NTKRNLMP.EXE

Eset can be a cause of BSOD's. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, both recommended from a strict BSOD perspective.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
DO NOT start the free trial of MalwareBytes. Deselect the option when prompted.

Hard Drive/Storage

Post a screen shot using Crystal Disk Info: CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Daemon Tools/Alcohol %

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Uninstall DAEMON Tools and/or Alcohol % software. It uses a driver called sptd.sys which is known to cause BSODs in Windows 7. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs. Reboot the system. Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO

SFC scannow

Check windows for corruption:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File CheckerClick on the Start
Scroll to Accessories
Select Command Prompt > Right click and Run as Administrator
Type
Code:
SFC /scannow

Start up

Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Startup Programs - Change

-Blow out all vents with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, they can damage the components).
-Ensure that the fan comes on and is blowing air out of the vent (may not happen at startup, but should happen after using it for a while).

Temperature

For monitoring heat of the system, use Speccy or HWMonitor:
Speccy System Information
HWMonitor

Check for a BIOS update.

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F10, 2/5/2010
Stress Test

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest: CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Monitor temperature of the system during the tests: Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Hope this helps for now

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288609-recent-multiple-bsods-ci-dll-memory-corruption-ntkrnlmp-exe.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there,

My laptop has been crashing randomly for no apparent trigger. But a noticeable cycle is ~ every 12 days.

Every time is the same error: "faulty hardware corrupted page"

So I try using memtest86 but with no luck (10 passes all gd)

Then I use windows debugging tool to read memorydump. It said is a 'hardware error'

But I am not sure am I using the tool correctly, also there are too many stuff I have no idea....

So if anyone can help analyse the memory dump is greatly appreciated

Please see attachment for memory dump, it is create using the tool provided in post "BSOD - Posting Instructions"

Thanks for reading this post! Thanks in advanced for any reply

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65547-bsod-random-crash-possibly-memory-corruption.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, a freind of mine if havinging some probs with his comp. Here's the info. Hopefully someone can help.

He has a 2.8 amd athlon 128 graphics card and 512ram (He doesn't know the ram type)

His prob:

"Well my computer occasionally resets itself for no reason. Every game I play performs an error so I have to shut down the game. Sometimes when I turn on my pc it tells me my system has failed the memory test and on 1 of my games it tells me i cant play because of memory corruption."

I have attached a screen shot of the error he gets when a game crashes.

Thanks

http://members17.clubphoto.com/_cgi...ow.pl?album_item_id=35653433', '520', '600');

A:Game crashes, memory corruption, pc reboots without warning...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-crashes-memory-corruption-pc-reboots-without-warning.161616/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all!

Built a system in January, solid as a rock ever since. Started ripping my dvd collection a week or two back, and started getting BSOD's after the third or fourth movie I ripped. Have posted my system stats elsewhere on the net and basically think that my ram is bad. Can this be confirmed? Also, assuming my BSOD's are ram related, is what I've attached to this post enough information to make a guess as to WHY my ram is going bad all of a sudden? The BSOD's only happen when ripping DVD using Handbrake.

Else where on the net, a forum reported to me that a memory leak can occurr between my Norton Security Suite and my Cisco VPN client. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Running Win7 x64 on an AMD Phenom X4 965, 4 gb of Geil ddr3 (used to be 8), a Kingston SSD, HIS Radeon HD6850, and Jetway HZ03-GT-LF motherboard. Thanks.

Thanks so much,
G

Relevancy 52.03%

The error occurs in the calloc with this comment next to it This command triggers the error on the second iteration of the outermost while loop The comment is self-explanatory notes Note that the size of struct menu is bytes This program is written in ANSI C NOT C Please help me here I spent a day on this bug Table of Contents -Pertinent Functions -menus the file that I am getting interface data from -console output the output from the console from the instance of corruption memory (very malloc the specific issue) entire program struct vertex int x int y struct menu char name Name of the menu this represents malloc memory corruption (very specific instance of the issue) File Edit etc char children Pointer to begining of an array of strings in which the children names are held New Open etc int child count Number of children are in the menu int menu width Width of the menu struct vertex origin char delete newline char malloc memory corruption (very specific instance of the issue) char str char read ptr str while read ptr n amp amp read ptr NULL read ptr sizeof char if read ptr n read ptr Change the newline char to a NULL string terminator return str void draw interface Bool for click processing static struct vertex origin static Bool menu open int this click on menu Number of menus clicked on if more than one is invalid click float xRot f yRot f float circle size f float current pos f int i int j int k int chars written int menu dropdown offset static int menu number Number of the menu clicked on int desired menu raster pos is x is y y is currently unused int width render context nWinWidth int height render context nWinHeight float aspect float render context nWinWidth float render context nWinHeight char string holder char szString MENU ITEMS quot File quot quot Edit quot quot View quot quot Selection quot quot Tools quot quot Windows quot quot Settings quot quot Documentation quot quot About quot char default children DEFAULT CHILDREN quot Padding quot quot Child quot quot Child quot quot Child quot char temp Used as needed to hold values to be parsed etc struct menu menus MENU ITEMS GLfloat raster position char name char child FILE menu desc menu desc fopen quot resource menu menus quot quot r quot if menu desc NULL printf quot error quot fflush stdout exit i while i lt MENU ITEMS printf quot fault here d quot sizeof struct menu fflush stdout menus struct menu malloc sizeof struct menu name NULL name char calloc sizeof char fscanf menu desc quot s quot name name delete newline char name Delete the newline character menus- gt name name while ungetc getc menu desc menu desc c Reads the character and puts it back to check if we are done with children child NULL while child NULL child char calloc sizeof char fgets child menu desc child delete newline char child Delete the newline character menus- gt children j- child printf quot d quot j printf quot n s n quot menus- gt children j- fflush stdout j j fgets temp menu desc printf quot fault is here on the second iteration quot fflush stdout temp char calloc sizeof char This command triggers the error on the second iteration of the outermost while loop menus- gt child count j - The child count is the children read from the file minus the padding fgets temp menu desc k atoi temp menus- gt menu width k i fclose menu desc printf quot s s s s n quot menus - gt name menus - gt children menus - gt children menus - gt children define GL PI printf quot f quot aspect switch to drawing d with distortion allowed glDisable GL DEPTH TEST glDisable GL LIGHTING make static window render context nWinWidth render context nWinHeight draw the D interface here GLfloat x y z angle Storeage for coordinates and angles Save matrix state and draw the interface glPushMatrix glTranslatef f float render context nWinHeight- f f Draw the stuff behind the menu bar text glPushMatrix Draw the boxes behind the menu items Do the drop shadow glPushMatrix glColor f f f f Shadows are black for i i lt MENU ITEMS i while j... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

A vulnerability has been identified in Microsoft Word, which could be exploited by attackers to take complete control of an affected system. This issue is due to a memory corruption error when handling a malformed document, which could be exploited by attackers to execute arbitrary commands by tricking a user into opening a specially crafted Word document.Products: Office 2000 and XPExploits: Discovered as a 0-day. The vulnerability is currently being actively exploited.A brand new Word vulnerability affecting the 2000 and XP versions has been discovered. Please continue to be careful with all Office documents you may find attached to email messages:Microsoft Word - Memory Corruption Vulnerability being exploited http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...ory/933052.mspxhttp://secunia.com/advisories/24122/http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2007/0607http://secunia.com/cve_reference/CVE-2007-0870/http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?p=199

A:Microsoft Word - Memory Corruption Vulnerability & Exploit

I always see the wording "malformed document" in those notices from M$. What does it mean? Who malformed it? How? When? Me ?????

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81523/microsoft-word-memory-corruption-vulnerability-exploit/
Relevancy 51.6%

Malware or Win X Glitches This first started a few months ago activity and changes to my system that I or Malware WinX corruption? really could find no definate cause for Mostly blamed it on Win X changing things now Malware or WinX corruption? I am not so shure First thing I noticed was Win X Email app basically took over everything email related As I understood it the App was supposed to act as a mediator of sorst between email clients That is what it did for the first weeks and then it just flat took over First I noticed it took over any web site email link you clicked on it and only the app would open no list of other email clients View other thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t win- -email-app I have run FRST SFC scannow minitoolbox and nod Logs are available will post when if you want them NOTE FRST did not create a fixit log Guess it did not find anything it did not like I run WinDefender MBAM and SAS resident none of them made a peep However MBAM rootkit scan shows it is disabled in the log but is checked to run in all settings Nod logs show a number of Crypto RSA files with hash numbers that I really saw no reason for I really have little on this machine and I have received no ransome email All of my documents pictuers are still there and viewable How ever I thnk I may have found what got encrypted Nods log shows that events can't be opened Shows repeated errors I can open the logs and view with event viewer but there are no current logs not since - - I assume this will coenside with the encryption dates While WinX updates have changed some settings the last update I do not suspect the timeing is all wrong Most problems started before the last update installed Thank you for looking I will wait to post the logs until you ask I know yall are real busy over there

A:Malware or WinX corruption?

I thught about it awhile and decided I better actually post the logs so that when it gets to my turn they actually have something to check. My bad.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596436/malware-or-winx-corruption/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there i have another post in wireless network problems and have been advised by Etaf to post a hjt log here short basis of my problem is that i cannot get my kids pc to acknowledge the wifi usb stick stick there was a powercut weeks ago Everything was working fine until then they have a belgin g wifi stick connected to my netgear router but after the powercut and we got the pc back on some programmes called site ranker crawler toolbar amp smileys and super antispyware had appeared on the machine since then the software for the wifi wont corruption malware/software work it says not connected when you open the belkin utility and try to click connect disconnect from network malware/software corruption all the boxes are greyed out so you cant click on anything done malware/software corruption a system restore and ran malware bytes which found problem which was adware solutions registry key which it fixed also when done the system restore the other installed programmes had gone but it still wont let me click on connect with the wifi utility have uninstalled and reinstalled software for it with no joy it loads and then when it tells me to insert usb device it doesnt pick anything up if i put the device in without the software installed it detects it and says found new hardware wireless network usb and then asks me to install the software but then it tells me it wasnt installed properly and your new hardware may not work correctly i cannot get any lights flashing on the wifi stick like previous and have even tried loading my own netgear usb stick and software on just in case the stick was at fault but that didnt work either It now wont let me uninstall the software for the belkin stick when i go to add remove programmes and click remove it just reinstalls it again and tells me to plug in the device Etaf told me to run a htj on the pc and post the log here so please find this below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband advisor Broadbandadvisor exe C WINDOWS system wltray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Belkin F D v Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe E HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g msn com me IE ENUS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-software-corruption.900182/
Relevancy 51.17%

Recently in the past few days windows aero decides to turn off. I can re-enable it with the personalization but it seems like a hassle to do all the time. The computer also says that it "exceeded it's allowable memory" or something along those lines.

So my question is this: Why is it doing this and how can I fix it? Also, on a related note, how can I make it so my programs can use more of my available RAM?

A:Windows Aero disables "lack of memory" error

Quote: Originally Posted by darkelementz

Recently in the past few days windows aero decides to turn off. I can re-enable it with the personalization but it seems like a hassle to do all the time. The computer also says that it "exceeded it's allowable memory" or something along those lines.

So my question is this: Why is it doing this and how can I fix it? Also, on a related note, how can I make it so my programs can use more of my available RAM?

Could you tell us your system specs?

My crystal ball is in being repaired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/201052-windows-aero-disables-lack-memory-error.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all Thanks in advance for reading any help is appreciated Experienced several BSODs during the past few weeks A few separate quot explanations quot for the crash shown on the blue screens may suggest a memory problem attached corruption; related likely Diag file to SF memory BSOD, dump quot SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION quot quot BAD POOL HEADER quot quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot A dump file created using the SF Diagnostic Tool is attached Some additional information BSOD, likely related to memory corruption; SF Diag dump file attached The computer contains two sticks of RAM each DDRIII GB SODIMM If it helps the text on the label of each stick includes quot BEFMHGO- other characters Memtest was run with both sticks in the PC i e neither was removed before running and a single error was found with the following characteristics Tst Pass Failing address bc - MB Good bc Bad bc ff Err-Bits Count Chan blank System Restore was attempted but could not restore the computer to BSOD, likely related to memory corruption; SF Diag dump file attached a previous instance Windows Defender Offline was also run and also failed providing the following error quot The program's service has stopped You can start the service manually or restart your computer which will start the service Error code x ba quot Also ran BlueScreenView which identified ntoskrnl exe as a potential issue although we weren't able to follow this up I hope that at least some of the above is relevant Any help is sincerely appreciated

A:BSOD, likely related to memory corruption; SF Diag dump file attached

Welcome to SevenForums.

Recommendations:

Code:
MSC "c:\program files\microsoft security client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Note that you have Microsoft security essentials installed but keeping two antiviruses such as NIS (which is often a cause of BSOD-s itself) would cause conflicts. Please uninstall Norton and keep MSE while troubleshooting. You may however, install Norton back if we know it was not contributing in the crashes. (you’ll have to remove MSE though).

Drivers that need to be updated: / or reinstalled.

Method: Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; the particular programs mentioned below. Restart the system, delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Fusion/Sweeper. Restart again if required.

Wacom HID Router Driver Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
0: kd> lmvm wachidrouter
start end module name
fffff880`049ab000 fffff880`049c0000 wachidrouter T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: wachidrouter.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wachidrouter.sys
Image name: wachidrouter.sys
Timestamp: Tue Mar 20 01:27:08 2012 (4F67888C)
CheckSum: 0001CEAC
ImageSize: 00015000
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7 Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
0: kd> lmvm NETwNs64
start end module name
fffff880`058aa000 fffff880`06116000 NETwNs64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: NETwNs64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETwNs64.sys
Image name: NETwNs64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jan 05 01:29:41 2011 (4D237525)
CheckSum: 00823E68
ImageSize: 0086C000
Intel Storage drivers Source: Driver Reference Table

Code:
0: kd> lmvm iaStor
start end module name
fffff880`01271000 fffff880`013c5000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jan 13 07:50:12 2011 (4D2E5A54)
CheckSum: 0007188C
ImageSize: 00154000
Graphics card drivers also need to be updated:

Code:
0: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`04a05000 fffff880`05302000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Mon Feb 07 00:31:45 2011 (4D4EE911)
CheckSum: 008B4A84
ImageSize: 008FD000
Source: Download AMD Catalyst Drivers 12.10 Vista 64 - FileHippo.com
(Avoice CCC - Catalyst Control Center during installation.)

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed.Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Check for a newer BIOS version:

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68SCF Ver. F.08, 26/08/2011
Let us know how it went.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264299-bsod-likely-related-memory-corruption-sf-diag-dump-file-attached.html
Relevancy 50.74%

virtual memory and memory usage i need to know
how to know this 2 perfomances and if we need to otuch something to upgrade memory and best usage for your pc.

Relevancy 50.74%

I was running Outlook AIM and IE at the same After a few moment I d get this following message Your system is low on virtual memory Windows is increasing the size of your Virtual Memory Paging file During this process memory requests for some applications may be denied When I hit OK all my applications would my up is memory Low eats IE Memory - Virtual close except my Outlook I m running Win K with memory My computer is only years old I didn t play any games or download anything so it s not heavily used But why the message then I ran Spybot AdAware and VirusScan just to see if I had any spyware or virus on my computer None I also checked the Processes in Task Manager and I didn t see any suspicious applications running But I noticed Virtual Memory is Low - IE eats up my memory that when I ran IE the memory usage in Task Manager would keep going up significantly eventhough I didn t do anything in Explorer Can somebody tell me what the problem here And perhaps a solution for it Thank you very much nbsp

A:Virtual Memory is Low - IE eats up my memory

Try switching to another browser like Firefox and see if you still have the problem. Are you running the latest version of IE with all the service packs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-is-low-ie-eats-up-my-memory.304785/
Relevancy 50.74%

If I choose to rais the amount of virtual memory the system uses does this meen that the computer will not show as much Physical Memory or not be able to utalize it?

A:Virtual Memory And Physical Memory

Virtual memory is actually not memory. It is simulated memory area on the HDD. When you are using a lot of virtual memory, your system will actually run slower. HDD access is considerably slower than RAM access. The OS will page memory out to the HDD to make more physical memory available to itself or applications, as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-and-physical-memory.838375/
Relevancy 50.74%

virtual memory and memory usage i need to know
how to know this 2 perfomances and if we need to otuch something to upgrade memory and best usage for your pc.

A:virtual memory and memory usage i need to know

virtual memory is hard drive space allocated by your computer for ram that is unavailable or for page swapping. Generally you do not worry about virtual memory. It is a system function. Generally it is set to automatic from windows. With windows XP, 512MB is the minimum to run an acceptably performing computer. 1gb is highly recommended. With Vista 1gb is the minimum, 2gb is recommended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-and-memory-usage-i-need-to-know.88032/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am wondering what my computer should be set at for it's best performance as far as memory usage etc.? Do I set it so the system takes care of it or put in my own amounts? Thanks for your help and sorry if this is not in the proper forum!!
DLBerry

A:Memory Usage/Virtual Memory

Just let the system takes care of it. If you have enough physical memory, you really shouldn't need to worry about it. Virtual memory or Page file, is memory that uses your hard drive. When you have a app or apps that uses more memory than you physical have, the system will alocate space on the hard drive for "virtual memory" or Page File. This is when you notice performance lag on your computer, because the hard drive transfers data at a much slower rate than your memory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-usage-virtual-memory-32687.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Why i don't have C:\pagefile.sys on my computer since when formated? If i change Virtual memory paging file size to minimum size of 4096mb and maximum size of 4096, my physical ram is only 512mb ddr2 400hz. Is it ok or not?

A:query about memory or virtual memory

<<Why i don't have C:\pagefile.sys on my computer since when formated?>>

Is it on a different partition?

<<If i change Virtual memory paging file size to minimum size of 4096mb and maximum size of 4096, my physical ram is only 512mb ddr2 400hz. Is it ok or not?>>

Not sure what "it" refers to.

IMO...users should just let XP manage the pagefile size...I have found no advantage from any other arrangement (and I've tried several).

How much RAM is physically installed in this system?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235864/query-about-memory-or-virtual-memory/
Relevancy 50.74%

Sir
I do have a question?

We have a space in harddisk ,called virtual memory.  In addition to DRAM ,Operating System  uses this  virtual memory to store and run applications. Virtual memory makes up for the need of space required.

I think that the physical memory DRAM is not needed. Virtual memory inside the hard disk is  sufficient. 

By avoiding DRAM we  can save the cost of  physical DRAM. We can also save lot of time that is involved in associating the pages between DRAM and Virtual memory.

Of course , virtual memory provided by the hard disk is slow. But  in current trends we can research , to increase the speed of magnetic drums being used by the harddisk to store data. 

Thanks ,
Ramkumar.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e014619-041a-4ee0-bfc2-f7aa279820a6/virtual-memory-vs-physical-memory?forum=perfmon