Windows Support Forum

My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

Q: My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

My PC crash/freeze from a long time now...i tryied everything i could do this is what i did to fix my problems but failed:
1:reinstall my pc
2:RegCure to clean my registery's
3:avira to remove my viruses
and like i said my pc crash when i play games or watch movies on full screen...
So how can i fix this problem its realy anoying...
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-crash-freeze-while-playing-games-or-watching-movies-on-full-screen.908113/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello , this BSOD problem has been getting worse and worse , i dont know if its a virus or not ive used multiple different anti virus and malware programs and they come up with nothing . Well basically whenever im playing my games my entire OS crashes at random times and the other times it will go straight to the BSOD and memory dump , ive loaded the DMP files on the attachments just the three latest DMP files from my crashes , any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you and Semper Fi

A:BSOD playing any games or watching movies

Ive deleted daemon tools after reading other posts on here but i need to know if that is whats causing the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255853-bsod-playing-any-games-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 105.78%

ive done a memetest86 to 8 passes, i have uninstalled all drivers and re installed them. I have uninstalled windows and re installed multiple times. I don't know if its a driver or a hardware issue, the laptop is still covered by warranty.

Leveno G555-0874
AMD Athlon II M340 2.20gz
4gb ram (2x2gb)DDR2
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series

any help would be appreciated

A:BSOD only when playing games or watching movies

Please provide this info so we can see more info about the system's issues: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

If you've reinstalled Windows, then it's most likely a hardware issue. But running a hard drive diagnostic is needed to rule out the hard drive: HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link).

The memory dumps seem to suggest that a driver is to blame - but there's only 3 of them so it's difficult to see if there's a pattern that indicates a hardware problem.

Please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions. I'd like to see at least 2 memory dumps from running Driver Verifier:

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
More info on this at this link: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\062111-22276-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Tue Jun 21 14:30:58.508 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:59.928
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtWaitForSingleObject+b2 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: GameOverlayUI.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!NtWaitForSingleObject+b2
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02dbfb02 fffff880`02df11d0 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 2CCN21WW(V1.10)
BiosRelease... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-only-when-playing-games-or-watching-movies-582083.html
Relevancy 105.78%

This has been happening for a very long time now. Everytime I am playing a game and watching a movie at the same time, my computer gets the BSOD. It will either just freeze both my monitors and then lead to BSOD, or it will start giving off weird colored lines and different colored pixels across both screens.

MOBO: EVGA nForce 780i SLI 775 A1 Version
VGA: XFX ATI Radeon 5850
CPU: Intel E8400 C2D
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Monitor 1: SyncMaster 2253BW 22"
Monitor 2: LG 32LD550 32"

Since I have owned this PC, it has crashed countless times. From Windows XP Pro to Windows 7.

A:BSOD - Playing Games and Watching Movies

mAzZaDOTnub

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207021-bsod-playing-games-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hello, I builded my computer 2 months ago and now I am starting to having problems, When I am watching movies or playing games for a few hours I suddenly get BSOD Crash and I need to restart my computer :/ this is getting anoying and if someone could help me fix this I would be very happy. I have also noticed that when I recive the error the sound is a loud noice like piiiiiiip Here is my BSOD report
Attachment 179522

Attachment 179523

Attachment 179525

Look at the files inside the rar file.

My computer specs
Its Windows 7
- x64 bit
- Orginal Windows 7
- What is the age of system (hardware) 2 monts
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 months
-graffic card: GTX 580
-Processor 2500k I5K

A:BSOD while playing games and watching movies

Quote: Originally Posted by gtamann

Hello, I builded my computer 2 months ago and now I am starting to having problems, When I am watching movies or playing games for a few hours I suddenly get BSOD Crash and I need to restart my computer :/ this is getting anoying and if someone could help me fix this I would be very happy. I have also noticed that when I recive the error the sound is a loud noice like piiiiiiip Here is my BSOD report
Attachment 179522

Attachment 179523

Attachment 179525

Look at the files inside the rar file.

My computer specs
Its Windows 7
- x64 bit
- Orginal Windows 7
- What is the age of system (hardware) 2 monts
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 months
-graffic card: GTX 580
-Processor 2500k I5K

Two issues
******Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.

******Memory corruption. Please run the following two tests.

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
*****Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

****Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192177-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Keep having reoccurring BSOD, different errors every time and it happens completely at random, sometimes even when I am doing absolutely nothing, like last 2 days I have been trying to install Guild Wars 2, and it begins downloading and I have nothing else running except chrome, and then I get hit with BSOD

A:BSOD playing games, watching movies, or even idle

Why is there only 1 dump file?
Please stop using any program that removes dump files or configure them to not delete dump files.

I see you have KMSpico, is it used for Windows?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70769-bsod-playing-games-watching-movies-even-idle.html
Relevancy 104.49%

As the title says, I am experiencing random BSODs for months, but only recently have discovered this forum and hope you will be able to help me..
I have attached SF diagnostic tool report and hope that there will be someone to help me with this problem and diagnose it properly.

Thank you

A:Random BSOD while playing games and watching movies

Hello egoran,

► Scan the system for possible virus infection.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
► Update the display driver.

Code:
lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`03f89000 fffff880`03fff000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Sep 28 06:42:52 2012 (5064F994)
CheckSum: 00071DC9
ImageSize: 00076000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Get it from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx.

► Do a Disc Check
Update your SSD's Firmware (Skip it, if it is not a SSD)
Reseat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
► Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight, per RAM module per slot.

► Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263988-random-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello, I had my custom PC built over a year ago, but I encounter constant BSOD errors that happen quite randomly. Some days I get no errors at all, while other times my system will crash seconds after starting a game. Two of the most common errors include the "irql_not_less_or_equal", and the "atidvag" error. I know that the atidvag error relates to my graphics card (XFX Radeon 6850) and I am also aware of the proper method for uninstalling its drivers but neither updating nor rolling back the drivers seem to do any good.

I have included my "collection" of dump files which is quite extensive... Any help would be appreciated and thanks.

A:BSOD While Playing PC Games, web browsing, watching movies

Checked two of the latest dumps (the others are months old) which does not give a true sense of a failing GPU or graphics issue or anything similar, but it appears to be something else. In order to take some decisions, I need to see your msinfo32.nfo file; but the uploaded one is corrupted. Better you do it for one more time .... upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297575-bsod-while-playing-pc-games-web-browsing-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi... 

I'm having a real issue with my WMP and VLC...
While watching movies, I am getting popping and crackling noises and at the same time, the video will stutter.  This just started happening around 2 weeks ago.  Today, when I tried to play a Hidden Object game, it was doing the same thing.  I have tried updating the drivers for audio, DirX and RealTek.  I have removed and reinstalled both Realtek HD Audio Manager and VLC.  I've also tried adjusting the settings on both the WMP and VLC.  Today I ended up doing a System Restore because I feared that maybe I had changed something I shouldn't have and whatever I was doing seemed to make my problem worse.

I'm at my wits end and extremely frustrated.  I'm hoping someone here in Bleeping Computer Land can help me with this.  

Thank you. 

A:Popping and Crackling while watching movies or playing games

Try to update your Chipset drivers & your Vga Graphics Drivers. You may also want to update your bios to see if this helps. Post back with any updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489686/popping-and-crackling-while-watching-movies-or-playing-games/
Relevancy 103.63%

In the last month i got 6-7 random BSODS.

My system specifications:
- x64.
- the original installed OS on the system? - YES.
- FULL RETAIL
- 3 years.
- Install date: 11.12.2010

.rar files have been atached. Thank you for what you're doing here!

A:Multiple BSODS in the last month while playing games, watching movies

Two issues need addressing before we can investigate the underlying issue.

1-sptd.sys.

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files
2- Old drivers needing updating

Code:
rminiv3.sys 8/17/2007 4:53:11 PM fffff880`043d7000 fffff880`043de000 0x00007000 0x46c60ab7
IvtBtBus.sys 7/2/2008 2:57:21 AM fffff880`04289000 fffff880`0428f180 0x00006180 0x486b26d1
btnetBus.sys 12/7/2008 12:39:29 AM fffff880`057f5000 fffff880`057fc200 0x00007200 0x493b5381
BtHidBus.sys 1/7/2009 11:29:05 AM fffff880`01dfa000 fffff880`01dfe700 0x00004700 0x4964ca41
VcommMgr.sys 1/7/2009 2:16:30 PM fffff880`04280000 fffff880`04288d80 0x00008d80 0x4964f17e
hamachi.sys 2/19/2009 6:36:41 AM fffff880`03e57000 fffff880`03e62000 0x0000b000 0x499d3639
Rt64win7.sys 2/26/2009 5:04:13 AM fffff880`04c6a000 fffff880`04c9c000 0x00032000 0x49a65b0d
s1018wh.sys 3/19/2009 11:56:42 AM fffff880`07c1f000 fffff880`07c28000 0x00009000 0x49c26b3a
s1018cm.sys 3/19/2009 12:02:37 PM fffff880`07c51000 fffff880`07c59000 0x00008000 0x49c26c9d
s1018cr.sys 3/19/2009 12:05:19 PM fffff880`07dad000 fffff880`07db6000 0x00009000 0x49c26d3f
vpcnfltr.sys 4/15/2009 1:49:17 AM fffff880`03f70000 fffff880`03f85000 0x00015000 0x49e5755d
vpchbus.sys 4/15/2009 1:49:20 AM fffff880`0476b000 fffff880`047a7000 0x0003c000 0x49e57560
vpcusb.sys 4/15/2009 1:49:20 AM fffff880`0472b000 fffff880`04748000 0x0001d000 0x49e57560
vpcvmm.sys 4/15/2009 1:49:22 AM fffff880`03e00000 fffff880`03e56f00 0x00056f00 0x49e57562
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221927-multiple-bsods-last-month-while-playing-games-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 103.63%
A:IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL bsod when playing games, watching movies.

So with further testing, it only happens when i overclock my computer. I've tried disabling the "ps/2 keyboard- unknown device" as well as uninstalling it, but as soon as i reboot my computer it comes back, when i click on details it has no details about manufacturer or anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195701-irql-not-less-than-equal-bsod-when-playing-games-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 102.34%

or looking at computer funny Reports attached System specs in my profile Here's a public link to a GDocs Spreadsheet with the relevant info https docs google com spreadsheet CNbUl J gid Mobo ASRock H M U S LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core i - GHz Dual-Core W LGA Memory G SKILL Value Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNT Video card Sapphire Radeon HD OS Win -bit student discount version so I guess full retail I'm stuck using a USB wireless adapter because there isn't space inside for a PCI ethernet card and because the router is located somewhat far away downstairs on other side of house Age built summer I've tried re-installing the OS from scratch BSODs when drivers... movies, playing flash games, installing watching a couple times There's really no rhyme or reason that I can discern I've tried running CCleaner and such to no avail Example of random crashing Every now and then shockwave will stop working in Chrome sometimes I get a quot memory referenced at quot type error and a quot click OK to close the program quot box which just turns off the shockwave plugin until I reload windows I recently got a blue screen I think from BSODs when watching flash movies, playing games, installing drivers... flash and when I turned my computer back on the wireless usb adapter wasn't loading I reinstalled it The first attempt to reinstall it produced a bluescreen and it worked on the second try after it rebooted In retrospect I probably could have just unplugged it and plugged it back in It's not BSODing so much that it's totally unusable but even BSODing just several times a day is problematic I get the feeling this is a driver problem but I don't know how to identify the bad redundant drivers and get rid of them

A:BSODs when watching flash movies, playing games, installing drivers...

Appears to be a "memory corruption" problem. This could be a memory module fault, wrong drivers loaded, corrupt system store or a virus. (or a combination) I would start by running spf scannow followed by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) in safe mode. If neither will run, run a memory test. Some corrupt system store errors showed up so you may end up having to do a Repair install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199467-bsods-when-watching-flash-movies-playing-games-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 102.34%

My desktop keeps stuttering every few minutes or so. I have all of the drivers up to date and I cannot figure out what is wrong. The problem occurs the most while watching Netflix and playing games, but happens pretty regularly in general.

Specs:
Core i7 2600k
Asus p8p67 deluxe
Asus Engtx 570
Corsair 8 gb 1600 mhz ram

A:Frequent Audio/Video stuttering while watching movies, playing games

Hi,

I would suggest you to check the performance in “Safe mode with networking”.

Run the Windows Audio Playback Diagnose and Repair from the below MS FIX-IT: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

You can even try running Microsoft Fix IT’s from the URL mentioned below according to the issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

If this issue started occurring after doing some recent software changes on your computer, then I would suggest you to restore your system back to a date when it was working fine. System Restore will affect Windows system files, programs, and registry settings only.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254148-frequent-audio-video-stuttering-while-watching-movies-playing-games.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi all Been having a few computer troubles last couple of days Up until now I have never had a computer crash since building my machine Occasionally I've had to force-quit a program but never random crashes I've had in the last day or so though And none of them have happened with a BSoD The last one to happen was while watching movies full-screen full screen games, randomly; Computer crashes a movie I Ctrl Alt Del'd and it got stuck showing a message quot preparing security options quot with the time-circle but never progressed past that point They all seem to happen at random regardless Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies of what I do When playing full-screen games watching full-screen movies or even just sitting idling I've tried updating my MOBO BiOS my gfx driver tried taking out and setting the RAM again and even ran a full-system scan with both anti-virus and with CCleaner I'm afraid I'm not sure what I should do I tried to upload the files from the SF Diagnostic Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies Tool but got a message saying I didn't have the correct Security Token If there's any other information that you require of me please don't hesitate to ask

A:Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies

Put the files on Dropbox or Skydrive and post a link here. Will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271641-computer-crashes-randomly-full-screen-games-full-screen-movies.html
Relevancy 97.61%

When I watch something its o.k if its not full screen,when I change to full screen eventually it freezes(not immediately)
Can someone please help?

A:Movies freeze only in full screen?

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
And are these online flash movies? If so, you could try to disable hardware accelaration to see if that makes any difference. Right click on the movie screen, and in the Display tab of the Settings uncheck the box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247609/movies-freeze-only-in-full-screen/
Relevancy 97.61%

I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum.

A:BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000000044c2, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000008, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff801467accad, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'mmcss' and 'WUDFRd.sys' overlap

Looks like the BSOD is being caused by WUDFRD.sys

Can you help me with the following:

1) Are the drivers for the PC up to date ?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40871-bsod-freeze-when-playing-games-watching-youtube-fullscreen.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Why does my computer freeze up and unfreeze in a cycle when I am watching something in full screen, lets say you tube, veoh or just watching window media player full screen.

The computer will freeze to the point that I can't move until I carefully move my mouse to get to desktop again, this is where it stops freezing completely,
The freezing does not go away immediately, it freezes for about couple more second after returning to desktop then it goes away.

This does not happen immediately though, it takes about 1 min to 10 min for the freezing to begin.

OS is:
Vista 32bit sp1. with latest update from Microsoft
Firefox with latest update

A:Why Does PC Freeze When Watching Full Screen

We will need a bit more info before we can hazard a guess.

Can you please tell us the specs and/or make and model of your computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/why-does-pc-freeze-when-watching-full-screen-390261.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello everyone I hope I can find some help here with these crashes I have since several months now While playing games like CS GO or H Z I have a lot of crashes to desktop and sometimes BSOD The BSOD can happen also while watching streams playing to watching Crash videos BSOD Desktop & games or while amp listening to music So far I had these ones x E dxgmms sys DFA x B atikmdag sys C DE I think I tried everything in my knowledge to solve the problem but it still didn't resolve the problems On the hardware side - Switched the memory sticks - Switched the graphic card my brother has the same one as me and it never failed him Still it didn't resolve the problems on my computer - Switched to Marvell SATA controllers then to the Gb Intel controllers - Used a USB sound card thinking that it may have something to BSOD & Crash to Desktop while playing games or watching videos do with the audio on the motherboard - Changed the graphic card slot to the PCI X On the software side - I reinstalled all my drivers using the suggestions made by this site Easily explore your PC amp using also some other softwares like SlimDriver - I formated amp reinstalled win on my SSD - I installed win on my HDD thinking that my SSD was the problem - I uninstalled the KB and KB updates - Uninstalled my antivirus MSE amp disabled my firewall - Used the sfc scannow command without any problems detected - Run malware bytes amp antivirus softwares mse ESET - Run software like quot fixmypc quot amp cccleaner After all these actions my pc still crashes a lot especially the quot crash to desktop quot ones I really hope someone can help me out here

A:BSOD & Crash to Desktop while playing games or watching videos

And I just had another BSOD, this time it's a "Memory Management" one. Here are the details of this one :

Nom d??v?nement de probl?me: BlueScreen
Version du syst?me: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Identificateur de param?tres r?gionaux: 1036

Informations suppl?mentaires sur le probl?me*:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041287
BCP2: 0000000000000030
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

On ma-config.com, it says that the source of the crash is :

Source du crash
usbport.sys+2D480
Chemin
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
Description
Pilote de port USB 1.1 & 2.0
Version
Compagnie
Microsoft Corporation
Taille
317.50 Ko

Any help guys ? Does all these crashes have something to do with my motherboard ? Should I change it (the only thing I didn't change is the MB & the power supply).

Many thanks.

Vlday

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373430-bsod-crash-desktop-while-playing-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 92.02%

when ever i play wow or any games my computer seems to not like it but when i m just on facebook or i m listening to music on itunes it seems to be fine my graphics driver is up to date also when i start my computer up sometimes comes up with DRIVER IRQL please!!! help playing when Crash/freeze/BSOD games NOT LESS OR EQUAL then it Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! sometimes wont start up for awhile and the Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! cpu fan wont even start but i think i can hear the Gcard fan going faster then drop and speed then Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! speed up again and i will have to wait like mins then come to try again to start it up but it would only crash again on games when i open debug my Dmp it says at the end that hardware was the cause but im not sure what hardware it is i might be my graphics card but im not sure thanks OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A XTD EVO Rev X X MT K Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!!

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-freeze-bsod-when-playing-games-help-please.977831/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I've got a HP Pavilion dv6 with an AMD PhenomII N930 Quad Core Processor & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card.

When I connect the computer to my Samsung LED TV (UN40B7000WFXZA LED) with an HDMI cable , everything works great until I play a video in full screen. As soon as I do, the computer crashes and I get a gray static looking screen and have to restart my computer. This only happens when the computer is hooked up to the tv and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

A:Computer Crash When Watching Full Screen Video through HDMI output

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeefone

Hi,

I've got a HP Pavilion dv6 with an AMD PhenomII N930 Quad Core Processor & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card.

When I connect the computer to my Samsung LED TV (UN40B7000WFXZA LED) with an HDMI cable , everything works great until I play a video in full screen. As soon as I do, the computer crashes and I get a gray static looking screen and have to restart my computer. This only happens when the computer is hooked up to the tv and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Has it ever worked? If so chances are its the video driver. Un-install the current one and re-install a fresh copy
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133037-computer-crash-when-watching-full-screen-video-through-hdmi-output.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Just got a new PC and I'm experiencing BSODs while playing games (generally high end games). Sometimes there is no BSOD and the game just crashes, or the GPU driver stops responding and recovers.
I tried everything I thought of, that is clean install of GPU drivers, updated all other drivers and even a Windows format, but the problem still persists. Attached please find the latest dump files and a DxDiag system specs file.

Thanks

A:BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

Can you return the PC to who you bought it from to be fixed? A Windows Defender file is being flagged as a problem. Are you running another 3rd party antivirus program?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-freeze-gpu-driver-crash-when-playing-games.207105/
Relevancy 89.01%

Shuttle XPC AMD Athlon SK V I m not sure if I while screen playing games watching Black or videos need a memory upgrade video card upgrade or what I ve done a little research on my problem which I have described below and there have been numerous suggestions memory upgrade new video graphics card upgrade drivers need dusting w compressed air overheating cpu fan overclocking power supply etc Please help I miss watching videos online and my son misses his PBSKids games My year old plays very basic games online and I watch youtube videos When my computer is first turned on it will Black screen while watching videos or playing games allow me to watch videos for about - minutes then the screen turns black I can still hear the video but the screen remains black If I turn the monitor screen off then back on the video comes back for about - seconds then the monitor turns black again My screen only turns black when watching videos or playing games I am able to do all other things on my computer without any problems Based on my specs and temps voltages below what do you recommend I do TEMPS from SpeedFan Black screen while watching videos or playing games Fan RPM Temp C Fan RPM Temp - C Fan RPM Temp C Fan RPM CPU - C Fan RPM Internal Temp C Fan RPM Remote Temp - C Fan RPM HD C Fan RPM Temp C Fan RPM Core C Speed Speed Speed Speed Speed Speed Vcore V - V - V V V Vcore V - V - V V V V V V V Vbat V V V Vcore V Win x NO Bit NO GiveIO YES SpeedFan YES I O properly initialized Linked ISA BUS at Linked VIA VT SMBUS at Scanning ISA BUS at SuperIO Chip IT F J IT F J found on ISA at Scanning VIA SMBus at ADT ID found on SMBus at E Found WDC WD JS- SGB on AdvSMART Found ACPI temperature End of detection OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Shuttle Inc System Model SK V System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Specs of my current video card Name VIA Chrome HC IGP Manuf S Graphics Co Ltd Chip Type VIA Chrome HC IGP DAC Type Internal Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Monitor ViewSonic VG m nbsp

A:Black screen while watching videos or playing games

Have you tried:

1.) Swapping monitors to see if the other monitor behaves the same way; this would indicate an issue with the computer (or its settings)

or

2.) Connecting the monitor to a different computer to see if the problem still exists?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-while-watching-videos-or-playing-games.1021010/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

My previous operating system (Vista Home Premium) crashed and I lost everything. I also misplaced the installation disc so I just decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine aside from the games don't accommodate the full desktop screen even though it is already set to full mode. I can see black screen on both left and right sides of the screen.

I already searched this forum for the solutions but still no luck. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 125 and my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. I don't know if that helps...

Additional information: I boot into safe mode and all the games display fine.

Thanks in advance to those who can help.

A:Games not playing on full screen

Quote: Originally Posted by khernan31

Hi,

My previous operating system (Vista Home Premium) crashed and I lost everything. I also misplaced the installation disc so I just decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine aside from the games don't accommodate the full desktop screen even though it is already set to full mode. I can see black screen on both left and right sides of the screen.

I already searched this forum for the solutions but still no luck. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 125 and my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. I don't know if that helps...

Additional information: I boot into safe mode and all the games display fine.

Thanks in advance to those who can help.

We might be able to help if we knew what hardware you have. can you fill in your system specs?

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/89772-games-not-playing-full-screen.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello guys i'm new to while Movies WoW Playing Playing Watching BSOD or this site but here is my problem when i get the BSOD while playing WoW or Watching shows in my comouter If anyone can help me on this it would be great this has happen to me like times already i'm not sure what is causing the problem Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA B BCP FA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp BSOD Playing while Playing WoW or Watching Movies C Users Saul AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Zip File Attachment AIDA Extreme Edition -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version AIDA v Benchmark Module -x Homepage http www aida com Report Type Report Wizard Computer SAUL-PC Generator Saul Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Win RTM Date - - Time Summary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Computer Name SAUL-PC User Name Saul Logon Domain Saul-PC Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i - MHz x Motherboard Name Asus Rampage III Extreme PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset Intel Tylersburg X Intel Nehalem System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz DIMM Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz DIMM Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz BIOS Type AMI Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor Asus VE quot LCD B LMTF Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel JB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - A IDE Controller Intel R ICH Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - A IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive Corsair CSSD-F GB ATA Device GB SATA-II Disk Drive Hitachi HDP GLA ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive Hitachi HDP GLA ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Optical Drive HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H L ATA Device x x x BD-RE SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free E NTFS GB GB free F NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard Razer Naga Mouse Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mouse Razer Naga Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - - A- B- F-E Network Adapter Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection Network Adapter RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire IIM IEEE Host Controller PHY VIA VT USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Univers... Read more

A:BSOD Playing while Playing WoW or Watching Movies

Unfortunately, the information provided is a bit vague. Please read and follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information so we may better assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207000-bsod-playing-while-playing-wow-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello I recently build this PC and it works fine for the most part Screen playing games. while Freeze but sometimes twice Screen Freeze while playing games. so far I got a weird screen Screen Freeze while playing games. freeze while playing games that I cant figure out myself I build this PC days ago so not sure what to make of it When the freeze happens it is a certain color with stripes from top to bottom I checked the log and it gave this error message Logboeknaam System Bron Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Datum - - Gebeurtenis-id Taakcategorie Niveau Kritiek Trefwoorden Gebruiker SYSTEM Computer Valerium-PC Beschrijving Het systeem is opnieuw opgestart zonder eerst correct te worden afgesloten Deze fout is mogelijk veroorzaakt doordat het systeem niet meer reageert of is vastgelopen of doordat de stroom is uitgevallen Gebeurtenis-XML lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Valerium-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Mind you this is in dutch but the message itself translates into quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot My hardware is PSU Corsair HW Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper CPU Intel I GPU XFX Radeon HD Ram GB OCZ Platinum cl low voltage OS Windows bit home premium Mobo MSI P -GD Sound G USB headset HD Samsung SpinPoint F gb SATA Case cooling shouldnt be the issue Speedfan shows everything is well within range Besides it happend in one game red faction guerilla within minutes so that just further proves it has nothing to do with cooling I read on other forums it has something to do with conflicting sound drivers maybe that could be it Please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freeze-while-playing-games-462495.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have Windows XP and had a quick question.

Is there any way to play a full-screen game (like Sim City) in a window instead of in its default full-screen setting? I want to be able to play the game and have access to my computer desktop as well, so that I can use AIM, browse the web, check e-mail, etc. I remember being able to do this on an older system by installing a utility, but I forgot what it was called and don't even know if it would work with XP.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I have a problem with my laptop. Sometimes while running a full screen program (no specific program caused the error) a BSOD would occur.
My Hardware:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
(Vista) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
(for more specific hardware information please check the dxdiag.txt I've attached)
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
I've never re-installed the OS and it came pre-installed in the laptop.

Thanks for your help.

A:BSOD mostly while playing full screen games

Hi,

Multiple different errors and bugchecks, software related errors but there's also a mention of memory corruption in there, so I'll want you to run a Memtest just to be sure. Since you mentioned you're BSOD'ing in Full Screen games, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers to ensure this is not software related as far as graphics drivers go.

Few drivers mentioned as faults:

Netw564.sys was mentioned in a dump as a cause (Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver). Update here to be sure.

usbvideo.sys was also mentioned, but I believe something is driving that to fault.

Quote:
Do these to clear corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing system files. Start - type in Search box - COMMAND find at top of list - RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN

sfc /scannow

Out of date driver(s) that need to be updated:

Quote:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys - Mon Nov 24 12:01:01 2008 (Virtual Serial Port driver for Blackberry). Update here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215636-bsod-mostly-while-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I am running Windows XP SP2 and every time I try and play a full screen game it plays for a few seconds then it kicks me out to the desk top. I used to be able to play these games and I have no idea what might have changed to cause this. I will say that I always have American Online running in the background as well as AIM, and Weather Bug. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

A:Problem playing full screen games

what are your system specs (specifically your vidoe card?)

what games are you playing? (if they are old, a high resolution/ 32-color mode may not be supported)

what is your desktop resolution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-playing-full-screen-games.322671/
Relevancy 84.71%

It is a BSOD crash, however the screen just goes black until restart rather than the bsod screen. Not sure why. See atatched, thanks in advance for your help. Sorry I could not give much info; hopefully DM Logs give more.

A:BSOD while playing full-screen games

First and foremost you need to update to Service Pack 1 via Windows Updates.

Code:
Host Name: MEDIA1
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Travis
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00359-112-0000007-85509
Original Install Date: 6/27/2014, 2:39:09 AM
System Boot Time: 6/28/2014, 2:15:39 PM
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~3300 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.40, 10/2/2013
Report back after the successful update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336179-bsod-while-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Please, I am new to this forum. Was advised where smart people can help. What it can be? It happens almost every day.

A:Please. help. Very often BSOD. When playing or watching movies.

I ran a driver verifier and it was bsod straight after loging in 5 times in a row, where I can find log of this crashes to put here?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310784-please-help-very-often-bsod-when-playing-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys, I have followed the instructions and here are the files requested.

This crash first started when I was playing League of Legends. since then, everytime I open a game at full screen mode, it crashes after 1 minute and 50 seconds. I already reinstalled League of Legends and also, updated my graphic drivers, but still, nothing changed.

The dump files are attached.
Thanks!

A:BSOD. Crash while games are at full screen mode.

The couple of latest drivers by nvidia are buggy as we experienced.

Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only. It works with GT530.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80096f14e0, fffff88005143700, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8ed700 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80096f14e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88005143700, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+8ed700
fffff880`05143700 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07fe6a48 fffff880`02d2e054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`096f14e0 fffff880`05143700 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07fe6a50 fffff880`02d01867 : fffff880`05143700 fffffa80`07005000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`07fe6a90 fffff880`02d2de63 : 00000000`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`096f14e0 fffff880`0537ff3c : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`07fe6b40 fffff880`0538003d : fffffa80`0583b410 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06376410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`07fe6bc0 fffff800`03561bae : fffffa80`05cc05b0 fffffa80`07c57040 fffffa80`051eb040 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`07fe6c00 fffff800`032b48c6 : fffff800`0343ee80 fffffa80`07c57040 fffffa80`062cbb50 00000000`00000246 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`07fe6c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+8ed700
fffff880`05143700 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+8ed700

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_N... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305014-bsod-crash-while-games-full-screen-mode.html
Relevancy 84.28%

This is getting really frustrating... I can be sim racing or whatnot and the game freezes on the screen yet keeps playing in the background. The game continues to work but the screen is stuck.

My video card then resets itself (changes resolution, refresh rate, or colour quality). GPU temp is 78C, card is a Radeon 9800XT.

Why does it keep doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-freeze-on-screen-games-keep-playing.648777/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games Half of the time my picture will distort and freeze When this happens the whole computer is unresponsive then ends up requiring a reset The other half I will receive the BSOD When this began I used HWMonitor to try and narrow down the issue and notice my CPU temp would spike up to c during heavy load Screen Freeze games. Sometimes BSOD while playing So I cleaned my case out put new thermal paste on and brought a new heatsink This got my temp down a lot to about c during gaming and c while idle Although I made this change I still had random freezes and BSOD I also ran Memtest to make BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. sure my memory was ok and everything came back clear Last but not least I upgraded the firmware on my SSD Unfortunately I'm still not having any luck I don't have an extra GPU or PSU to narrow it down anymore but would hoping maybe you guys might see something that BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. could be at fault before I buy any replacement parts So far that where I'm currently at Thanks guys BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. OS - Windows Home Premium x Original OS Not OEM Verison Hardware is about years old GPU is year old Current OS is approximately years old Have you re-installed the OS Not yet Intel i k ghz Sapphire Radeon HD ASRock Z Extreme Gen Power Supply - XFX TS Watt Desktop PC

A:BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games.

Please update the following driver:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
fffff880`06655000 fffff880`06665d80 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 08 15:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
CheckSum: 000135AC
ImageSize: 00010D80
The driver belongs to Xbox USB Wireless Controller, it is known to cause BSOD issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-sometimes-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-1021586.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi!I'm new here so first of all great work!

Now.I have a problem!When i play games like neverwinter nights2, titan quest and generally "new" games my system reboots. Sometimes this happens even when i watch movies!Please help me.I'm that close to breakdown!

I enclose the necessary files.

My machine:
gigabyte 8ipe1000
HT CPU @2,6GHz
2x512, 2x256 ram double channel
120gb WD
ati radeon 1600 pro
plextor DVD
Plextor DVD rec

I've done all the updates for drivers,formated the hard disk and a memtest.
Nothing special noted concerning my problem

A:reboot during games and watching movies

Well i just had a similar problem. Turns out my cpu was overheating. computer shop replaced the heatsink with "3d rocket II cooler". Now I have no dramas Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-during-games-and-watching-movies.79524/
Relevancy 84.28%

recently my graphics card seems to be having problems, because when ever i run a game and actually start playing the game freezes and crashes, wit those weird out colours spreading accros the screen. any ideas would help?

system specs:

amd athlon 64bit 3000+
512mb ram
256mb ati radeon 9550
80gb seagate barracuda

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Games freeze and crash with weird colours on screen.

Do the weird color patterns disappear after you quit the game you were trying to play? How do you manage to get rid of the weird colors spreading across the screen?

Make sure you have the latest Radeon Catalyst driver for your graphics card.

Here are the newest drivers for your video card for Windows XP Pro/Home:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Click on the "Installation Instructions" on that page if you need them.

Make sure you uninstall the previous ones first. Keep us posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-and-crash-with-weird-colours-on-screen.66835/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello. Please help me. When I try to play Warcraft III, with the use of Ranked Gaming Client, my computer restarts. After that, when I try to boot it in safe mode, It gave me a message that the error was blue screen. Please help me.

Machine name: PARANOIA
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 Processor (3 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 1420MB used, 5229MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DMP files uploaded.

A:BSOD when playing Warcraft III or any games on full screen.

Could someone please help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245944-bsod-when-playing-warcraft-iii-any-games-full-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

A friend referred me to post my SF Diagnostic Tool results in the forum here.

I'm not sure what other pertinent information is necessary to include other than the zip file that is attached. Please let me know if there is anything else to include.

I appreciate any/all the help that will come.

A:BSOD While playing CS:GO/Tabbed out of Full Screen Games

You have several different causes for the crashes:

SteelSeries Bus Enumerator
fffff801`844a0000 fffff801`844c7000 SteelBus64 Wed Oct 30 17:15:33 2013 (527130A5)
Update this driver.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
fffff800`ddeb3000 fffff800`deb17000 nvlddmkm Tue May 20 01:08:44 2014 (537A8EFC)
This is the latest driver so either roll back to a older version or wait for a new driver to be released.

Kaspersky Network Filtering Component
fffff800`9ceb2000 fffff800`9cec5000 klwfp Wed Feb 05 14:33:44 2014 (52F23DB8)
Uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus with the Removal tool.

Realtek High Definition Audio
fffff801`e501e000 fffff801`e5388c80 RTKVHD64 Wed Aug 21 06:48:22 2013 (52144696)
Update this driver.

You also have several 0x124 bugchecks (Windows Hardware Errors):

Section 0 : Processor Generic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffe00013ad60a8
Section @ ffffe00013ad6180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffe00013ad6138
Section @ ffffe00013ad62c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 7 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000002ae5f6200
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
BiosReleaseDate = 10/29/2013
Check your CPU temperature and update your BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48391-bsod-while-playing-cs-go-tabbed-out-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I recently put together a new computer and i have been getting blue screens with the following STOP Code x F x fffffa e b fffffa e e fffff fda This has happened mostly when playing Diablo in full screen I have also had it screen BSOD full 0x000000F4 playing games happen while playing starcraft I haven't tried any other games yet I have been able to play the games for longer periods of time when playing in windowed mode but i have had it BSOD playing games full screen 0x000000F4 blue screen still when windowed It has also given BSOD once when just trying to open the game after a previous crash I have read about this hardware issue on this board and people were hinting at it being the ram and or the SSD firmware I have checked the SSd firmware and it is up to date I have also updated the BIOS The board seems to have an issue when i have ram in the four blue slots it used to give me a b error code on the display on the board and get stuck in POST This is a common problem with this board but i don't know if its causing the BSOD to fix this i took the stick out of the A Slot This still leaves GB of ram and i've never seen the computer use more then BSOD playing games full screen 0x000000F4 GB while i was gaming I have also been checking the CPU and GPU temperatures via win gadgets and they haven't been about degrees C while gaming There has been no spikes in any of the CPU's before the crash either I have attached the dmp files and the performance monitor results Can anybody help me My specs are Windows Professional Bit Intel i - X Intel DX SI G-Skill Ripjaw X GB Running at currently NVIDIA GeForce GTX Intel Series GB SSD WDC Black Caviar TB OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular Intel CPU Fan BXRTS LC Liquid Cooling Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD playing games full screen 0x000000F4

Analysis:Your crashes primarily indicate hard disk problems. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237775-bsod-playing-games-full-screen-0x000000f4.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have developed a problem some time overnight with playing games. About 10m into playing, I get BSOD.
I briefly checked over my drivers and have not found any problems.
I appreciate any help.

(Attached zip file with information)

A:BSOD only while playing full screen games. Aprox 10m in

Welcome to 7F. All of your dumps are blaming your nVidia Graphics filter driver.
Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800b4d6010, fffff8800462b010, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvkflt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvkflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvkflt.sys
Probably caused by : nvkflt.sys ( nvkflt+15010 )

---------

7: kd> lmvm nvkflt
start end module name
fffff880`04616000 fffff880`04663000 nvkflt T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvkflt.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvkflt.sys
Image name: nvkflt.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 02 18:49:00 2014 (53B4460C)
CheckSum: 0004A90D
ImageSize: 0004D000
It looks like it could do with updating. Either check nVidia or your machine vendor's website for an updated version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367512-bsod-only-while-playing-full-screen-games-aprox-10m.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Its been like this for awhile and im just plain out annoyed. When ever playing full screen games and I either close the game or minimize it, I get a 0x3b BSOD.

What it is not:

Hardware related:

I have changed out my GPU, ram, etc nothing seems to work.

attached is the files from the bsod program

Attachment 336756

A:0x3b Bsods when playing full screen games

Hello,

Code:
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
You're missing Service Pack 1, highly suggested that you install this as it secures the PC and fixes a whole lot of problems.
You can download through either Windows Update, or download from here Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

This could be the main cause of the BSOD, but here's some suggestions:

Code:
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 03:49:36 2014 (53072130)
This driver belongs to Daemon Tools, known problem with Windows. Please uninstall.
On a side note:

Having a cracked version of Windows can also cause some errors. I highly suggest you purchase a legit version, and work from there also.

Code:
Win 7,Ultimate,Lenovo 2,XXXXX-OEM-8992662-00497

Code:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 6/24/2014, 11:19:53 AM
System Boot Time: 10/14/2014, 11:12:48 PM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348880-0x3b-bsods-when-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Every so often I received random BSODs BSOD screen when Random playing games full and instant Random BSOD when playing games full screen restarts when I'm playing games full screen Oddly enough when I play games in a windowed mode I haven't noticed any crashes I've ran and passed MEMtest and I monitor temps and they are all reasonable I have an aftermarket cpu cooler which keeps my cpu under c at full load At times I can play games all day without a problem another day the BSODs will occur I've tried driversweeping Random BSOD when playing games full screen my graphic drivers and installing different versions of video drivers but I still receive random BSODs Not sure what to do next I've attached the files specified and listed my specs Random BSOD when playing games full screen Windows bit Windows professional Built computer myself Everything is but main SSD is months old SSD is a few years old i - k stock GTX ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard SeaSonic X Series X- SS- KM Active PFC F W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Desktop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsod-when-playing-games-full-screen-878609.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm getting doing BSODs while movies, Random nothing... watching playing, BSODs for months-years already I reinstalled my OS but didn't help Sometimes they occure while playing and sometimes while watching a movie They're just random Random BSODs while playing, watching movies, doing nothing... The game Dawn of War II and some other games on Steam retail games without Steam crashed too though on the other hand crash every time after - minutes of gameplay resulting to a BSOD or crash to desktop System Specs - Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack - I reinstalled it a year or two ago and Random BSODs while playing, watching movies, doing nothing... never after since because Random BSODs while playing, watching movies, doing nothing... the BSODs kept coming up after reinstalling it the first time - I don't know how old my system hardware is exactly because I updated it over months and years I guess Anyway it shouldn't be older than years I had the BSOD problem right at the beginning anyway PS My attachment doesn't include the HTML-file becaus the quot R amp P Monitor quot keeps showing up the quot The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out quot error I tried the workaround in the Services tab but it didn't help I hope it's still enough provided data to find a solution Attachment

A:Random BSODs while playing, watching movies, doing nothing...

Quote: Originally Posted by JayEm187

I'm getting BSODs for months-years already. I reinstalled my OS, but didn't help. Sometimes they occure while playing and sometimes while watching a movie... They're just random.
The game Dawn of War II (and some other games on Steam, retail games without Steam crashed too though) on the other hand crash every time after 10-30minutes of gameplay, resulting to a BSOD or crash to desktop.

System Specs:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
- I reinstalled it a year or two ago and never after since, because the BSODs kept coming up after reinstalling it the first time.
- I don't know how old my system hardware is exactly, because I updated it over months and years I guess. Anyway, it shouldn't be older than 3years... I had the BSOD problem right at the beginning anyway.

PS: My attachment doesn't include the HTML-file, becaus the "R&P Monitor" keeps showing up the "The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out." error... I tried the workaround in the Services tab, but it didn't help. I hope it's still enough provided data to find a solution.

Attachment 191070

Hello and Welcome!

Seems like the dump file is pointing to AVGIDSFilter.Sys i.e. your AVG please remove it and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials. Make sure you use the Cleanup tool and remove the left over files of AVG. If your Overclock please revert it back check the Motherboard manual and revert the BIOS to stock settings.

If that didn't resolve the problem then run Hardware Diagnostic to make sure all the Hardware components are intact.

Update the following Driver:

Code:
Alpham164.sys - Ideazon ZBoard downloads - SteelSeries.

Bugcheck:

Code:
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)
If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the 2nd and 3rd
parameters are the exception record and context record. Do a .cxr
on the 3rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack
trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000001904fb
Arg2: fffff88007a65098
Arg3: fffff88007a648f0
Arg4: fffff80002ec8528

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88007a65098 -- (.exr 0xfffff88007a65098)
ExceptionAddress: fffff80002ec8528 (nt!RtlAreBitsSet+0x0000000000000078)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

CONTEXT: fffff88007a648f0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88007a648f0)
rax=00000000000002d4 rbx=0000000000000006 rcx=fffff88007a65370
rdx=8000000000000fa5 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000308000
rip=fffff80002ec8528 rsp=fffff88007a652d8 rbp=fffffa8004714ce0
r8=0000000000000fab r9=0000000000000004 r10=0000000000000fa5
r11=fffff80002e58000 r12=fffff88007a65410 r13=0000000000000001
r14=fffffa8003d7c180 r15=000000000030fd2c
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac po cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010297
nt!RtlAreBitsSet+0x78:
fffff800`02ec8528 0fb602 movzx eax,byte ptr [rdx] ds:002b:80000000`00000fa5=??
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003107100
ffffffffffffffff

FOLLOWUP_IP:
Ntfs!NtfsFreeBitmapRun+127
fffff880`01498b57 403ac6 cmp al,sil

FAULTING_IP:
nt!RtlAreBitsSet+78
fffff800`02ec8528 0fb602 movzx ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205940-random-bsods-while-playing-watching-movies-doing-nothing.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Need help before i upgraded to free windows 10 and after a week i reformat my computer and go back to windows 7 and then after that i always get a random BSOD even while im playing or watching or downloading please help me and my computer is 3 months old.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400528-bsod-while-download-playing-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi, i've been getting occasional screen freezes and more recently BSOD, mostly when playing games.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer from the files i have attached as i'm not able to read any of the crash dump files.

Thanks!

A:BSOD and occasional screen freeze (especially when playing games)

Hello,

MSINFO:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
Please unisntall Advanced System Care, this programs is known to cause problems as it modifies the registry.

DUMP Analysis:

Code:
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3502
I suggest that you set everything to default as O/C is very risky, and could be the potential cause of the BSOD.

All the dump files are blaming hardware. Please do the following:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while worki... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244100-bsod-occasional-screen-freeze-especially-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 83.42%

so when I bought my computer in the start i had a few troubles in playing league of legends like screen freeze for 15 secs during game but they went away somehow.........Now after 8 moths theyre back again and i dont know what to do...i play a game with atleast 8-10 screen freezes each for a same 15 sec wherein screen gets stuck and mouse is moving but on pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL even mouse gets stuck for the duration
my ram looked fine when i reinserted it today but still i couldnt get rid of that freeze after which a message comes "display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"...it go upto 45-46 degree temperature only i checked while gaming pls suggest a method or i attempt to replace gpu under warranty if its ITS fault

A:Screen Freeze while playing League of legends and other games

Use speccy to gain insight to your temperatures to make sure your pc is not running to hot.

Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool

Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card?

AMD Driver Autodetect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/329150-screen-freeze-while-playing-league-legends-other-games.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a computer here that has recently started getting BSoD very frequently. It seems to be happening more and more often now. The error varies and I have included as much information as I could in the upload. It always happens while running a full screen program like a game. I have tried memtest86, and the computer crashes and shuts down before the test can complete. I have uninstalled the graphics card drivers, ran Driver Sweeper, and reinstalled. The problem persists. Anyone who can check this bug report and give me a clue what to do would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Multiple, frequent BSODs playing full screen games.

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff880ff0a2f59, 2, 8, fffff880ff0a2f59}

Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_PollEndpoint+3f )

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8007ac4d60, 0, fffff8800f01d750, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceDmaBuffer+6dc )
Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r.
Install the latest updates from Windows Update.

Do the exact same steps for chkdsk /r but instead of typing in sfc /scannow type chkdsk /r.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377448-multiple-frequent-bsods-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Random computer lockup to BSOD at random times while playing games in fullscreen mode. I've updated my video drivers with a full uninstall with driver sweeper but the crashes continue. I've also run a memory test and believe that my memory is fine. Any further assistance with solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Windows 7 Enterprise, 64bit
Original installed OS
Full Retail

System age: 8 months
I have not reinstalled the OS

Intel Core i7-2600k
8Gb RAM
ATI HD 5970 GPU

I've attached the information requested in the FAQ thread - if there's anything else I can supply to help solve the issue, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any advice you folks can give.

A:BSOD playing full screen games, error 0x00000116

Still looking for some assistance with this if anyone has ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241463-bsod-playing-full-screen-games-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 82.99%

So my issue is with all my full screen games, after a few minutes to a few hours the screen go's black and an error pops up on screen.

Signal out of range set to "1680 X 1050 @ 60hz"

Normally I would just put it to those settings, but the issue is these are basically my setting in the nevidia control panel my settings are exactly that. The only thing I could see is the advanced display settings are 59hz. But you can't set it to 60 because windows 7 rounds down instead of up now.

This is what i'm running

Alenware aurora R4

Video Caption: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
Video AdapterRAM: 1024MB
Video DriverVersion: 8.17.12.8576

Screen: Dell 2208WFP

I have talked to dells support and after reinstating the drivers has not fixed the issue and there basically saying they can't do anything about it.

and so I turn to you internet any of you smart people know the fix?

A:Signal out of range error playing full screen games

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP!

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222146-signal-out-range-error-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello As of lately I have been getting the Page Fault in Non-Paged Area BSOD error Most of the time it happens while playing Dota or CSGO I have attached the DM Log Collector Thank you for your help please let me know if any other information is required and how I can gather it Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - BSOD Playing Screen as Such 2 Games and CSGO Dota Full - CQT-WMF J- Q C Windows Product Key Hash KaFG RmurcM ZxzWyfEP WtPUJw Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID DF C - E - E C-BF B-FC DABF A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS BSOD Playing Full Screen Games Such as Dota 2 and CSGO Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x BSOD Playing Full Screen Games Such as Dota 2 and CSGO Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr BSOD Playing Full Screen Games Such as Dota 2 and CSGO x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt DF C - E - E C-BF B-FC DABF A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - Q C lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt XPS lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B D FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt FX lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key Q C License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Registered Ve... Read more

Relevancy 82.99%

Built this rig almost 2 years ago, AMD 965 BE, 4gb ocz ddr3 1600 (had 8 but 4gb were corrupt), Win 7 Home Premium x64, Asus MB

Just started getting random BSOD in the past week or so while playing SWTOR, watching vids on internet.

Thanks in advance for any input you can give!

A:BSOD while Playing SWTOR, watching movies, using internet

If you have the cpu overclocked back it off to default to see it the problem continues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207546-bsod-while-playing-swtor-watching-movies-using-internet.html
Relevancy 82.99%

How can i fix this bsod?
is there any incompatibility between i3-2310m and videocard amd radeon hd6470m?
please help me with this.
special thanks!
BSOD message is this:
0x00000101 "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

A:BSOD playing NFS The Run ,watching 720p movies,downloading up to 4mb/s

The one memory dump in the uploaded files is 0 bytes in size. Please try this:

Quote:
Upload Dump Files:
NOTE: If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service . I recommend Windows Live SkyDrive - http://skydrive.live.com or another free, file-hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDumpMore info on dump file options here: Overview of memory dump file options for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

You have 0 updates after SP1 - most systems have more than 70. Please visit Windows Update and get all available updates.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

We'll need the memory dumps in order to extract any more info from this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212505-bsod-playing-nfs-run-watching-720p-movies-downloading-up-4mb-s.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello. I have recently been getting BSODs while playing League of Legends, which hasn't been a problem in the past. I've included the .dmp compressed files. I'm very ignorant about this stuff. Help is appreciated.

A:BSOD or screen freeze while playing games that used to work fine.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310042-bsod-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-used-work-fine.html
Relevancy 82.13%

C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exeC Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k AkamaiC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Giraffic GirafficWatchdog exeC Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exeC Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows system svchost lags on When random computer ads in websites screen/playing games, and full exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system PrintIsolationHost exeC Windows Pixart Pac Monitor exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exeC Program Files x Common Files When in full screen/playing games, computer lags and random ads on websites Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exeC Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Program Files x Giraffic Giraffic exeC Program Files x Winamp winamp exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXEC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC When in full screen/playing games, computer lags and random ads on websites Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo When in full screen/playing games, computer lags and random ads on websites AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows SysWOW rundll exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Leo AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows SysWOW cmd exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows SysWOW cscript exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page about blankuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program F... Read more

A:When in full screen/playing games, computer lags and random ads on websites

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/417194 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417194/when-in-full-screenplaying-games-computer-lags-and-random-ads-on-websites/
Relevancy 82.13%

i brought two Asus VG248QE and everything was going fine then i tried to play a video on a media player that i can't remember the name (as i've uninstalled it now) of and then an error message from the screen popped up saying "Cable incorrect Please use Dual-Link DVI cable" as well as the screen going really pixelated i then yesterday tried to run dayz and i had the same problem i tried changing in game settings but it stayed the same i'm using two amd 7970 graphics cards instead of nvidia so i don't know if this is the problem or if i need a new cable but i'm not to sure what cable to get as i'm not to good with computers and thats why i am here
Thank you for taking the time to read this and i'll look forward to your replies

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vg248qe-problem-when-playing-games-or-full-screen-video.1129003/
Relevancy 82.13%

Whenever I play fullscreen games such as League of Legends or Diablo After about a couple of minutes computer crashes randomly screen full Solved: Playing games, it will randomly crash I ve done a reformatting on the computer to no avail the problem still Solved: Playing full screen games, computer randomly crashes persists Not sure if it s a hardware issue and if Solved: Playing full screen games, computer randomly crashes I should get the graphics card replaced I ve also updated all of my drivers so I know the problem isn t with not having updated drivers When it crashes the screen has rainbow streaks and the audio starts looping I have to restart just to go back into my game and whatnot Windows bit Home Premium Ingame for league I turned off video sync and I have settings on low Suggestions on how to fix this problem Should I downgrade my drivers Nvida Geforce GT AMD A - K APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics Ghz GB Ram How can I debug this problem Also I can t access the boot menu to format from the CD USB It takes me to the quot start windows normally start windows in safe mode etc quot screen I ve tried all the F keys including the escape key and none of them work because they all take me to the same screen The only way I can reformat my computer is by doing it through the actual windows itself I can t even make my current partition active for some reason even though I m administrator Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

I had a desktop that was just sitting for about 2 years without use and just hooked it up to my TV to make a media center. I immediately installed Windows 7 and had a fresh slate so old software problems shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

The problem is that whenever a game is played, it will randomly create a black screen with buzzing sound. Some games is completely random, other games crash at about the same point. Sometimes the video signal cuts out to the TV, sometimes it just stays black. Either way it needs to be manually turned off. I have checked GPU temperatures and they are about 80C under load. I have ran memtest86 and no errors on the RAM. I just don't know what else it could be.

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 3000MHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-400
ATI 4850
OCZ 500W Power Supply

A:Black screen crash/lockup when playing games

What is your cpu temp?
How many passes of memtest did you run?
What are you using to check your temps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-lockup-when-playing-games.1066283/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I randomly have issues of game's crashing into quot BlueScreen quot errors Well the screen isn't Games Screen Crash playing Video Blue from really a bluescreen but rather the image of the game becomes 'corrupted' Sometimes you can still hear the audio while the screen is frozen in place and it sometimes auto restarts the computer on it's own I am either playing World of Warcraft or Starcraft II These are my solutions Though the error occurs in Blue Screen Crash from playing Video Games both games I have re-installed them both Blue Screen Crash from playing Video Games games multiple times I have installed the latest drivers including my graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT Problem Persists I initially had Windows Vista Bit running but I had just did a clean and fresh install of Windows Ultimate Bit Problem persists I have 'cleaned' out my desktop computer from dust and took out the graphic card and placed it back in This is the quot error quot Windows caught Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Joe AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt My computer specs HP Intel Quad Core Q Ghz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT BIOS Date Ver Direct X If anyone can provide any constructive suggestions that would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Blue Screen Crash from playing Video Games

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229828-blue-screen-crash-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I keep getting the following BSOD error codes - On Tue GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module cdd dll xFFFFF DC Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C EE A x xFFFFF DC x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system cdd playing error Multiple games in codes, 0x00000050 BSOD Full Screen dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation full code x On Mon GMT your Multiple BSOD codes, playing games in Full Screen error 0x00000050 computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF E FC E xFFFFF A E x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation full code x B I think I resolved x B with a Hot Fix provided by Microsoft The x is the one that I can't resolve only seems to happen when I play games in full screen mode Haven't received the error else where windows version Windows build windows dir C Windows CPU AuthenticAMD AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Motherboard AsRock A M-HVS GPU Nvidia GeForce ti

A:Multiple BSOD codes, playing games in Full Screen error 0x00000050

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270576-multiple-bsod-codes-playing-games-full-screen-error-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one games loop crash playing and sound Black screen while or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache I just checked my voltage with HW Monitor and my v is kinda low Is this really a psu problem nbsp

A:Black screen crash and sound loop while playing games

If that +12v rail voltage is accurate then that would definately be a problem. Check the voltage in the BIOS as it could be a simple case of HWMonitor not reading the sensor output correctly.

Can you give us a DXDiag report.

Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box.

When the dxdiag window opens click the Save All Information button and save the text file to your desktop or another location so you know where it is.

Then copy and paste the entire content of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-and-sound-loop-while-playing-games.1066738/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello all i was searching all week about my pc problem and the search lead freeze ONLY movies playing Pc while me here so i hope i will get Pc freeze while playing ONLY movies the info and tip i need Here is my problem its not just me i found a lots of ppl with this problem I use my Pc only for playing WoW Dota and movies and all was O K untill month ago when for no reason yet my Pc freezed while i was watching movie ctrl alt del didnt work so i needed to restart my pc After that i check the hardware for overheat but it was fine so i started the movie again and same thing Then i restart it again and started WoW and i played like h and nothing heppend Pc didnt freeze So i suspect that the codec s were the reason so i downloaded the lastest codec and latest Bs Player started the SAME movie again and same heppend so i deleted the movie and started other one and same thing I formated Windows Xp Sp and get all latest software drivers codec s antivirus etc etc And started a movie again and Pc freezed again So i made a lots of tests and scan s for my hard disk Seagate Gb Sata Raid to see for BAD sector and there was none And now i dont know what is the reason that i cant play a movie but i can play games all day I hope that some knows what i need to do Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Guys,

I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get the bsdod.

can you please help?

Win 7 32 bit
oem original
hardware about two years old.
I have a new installed os.The old one started giving trouble after 2 years.

A:BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool&#63;
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41; for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have an 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Win7 doesn't like these devices. They will rapidly spit out BSOD's if using Vista-era drivers. Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

STOP 0x7A specifically refers to a problem with a missing Service Pack ( BSOD Index )
The c000009d parameter means DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
And the memory dump suggests that there might be a hardware problem with the hard drive.
Just to be sure, please run this free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Microsoft Security Essentials dynamic driver showed up in the memory dump. I'd suggest:
- downloading a fresh copy
- uninstalling the current copy
- installing the freshly downloaded copy and IMMEDIATELY updating it
- perform a full system scan.

The following info is just F... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233458-bsod-randomly-after-playing-games-playing-movies.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6b56eg Entertainment Notebook PC autodetected by hp, and my laptop randomly freeze in games for few seconds and in movies without recovery.    Probably is a driver problem because i don't have the recomanded drivers from hp site .When I try to install them it says that this computer does not meet the minimum requirements. I managed to install only the AMD driver from site but I still have this problem.   Any help? I can provide more informations if needed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-pavilion-dv6-freeze-in-games-and-movies/td-p/5689885
Relevancy 78.69%

Just a little background information I have a GeForce GT g of PC dual-channel AMD FX- processor and I have an MSI Neo -F motherboard I am running Windows XP Pro fully updated DirectX c and the latest nVidia drivers Lately it seems that I ll download a movie gaming related usually World of Warcraft movies or compile my own and it will be several minutes in length but Windows Media player will display it as just a few seconds varying anywhere from seconds to minute The time varies per movie for a reason I do not know If I click at random intervals on the movie it will skip ahead to the proportionate with Problems full-length playing movies time on the bar IE if a movie is minutes long and I Problems with movies playing full-length click the bar about in it will start playing at the -minute mark on the actual mpeg even if it Problems with movies playing full-length states that it is only seconds worth of film If I play it normally without clicking on the bar it will play the image for whatever length WMP displays it as but the sound will keep going This also happened on my old GT actually it started happening when the memory on it died which is why I bought my new card in the first place I thought the problem would cease but it hasn t and it s really annoying and preventing me from making my own movies and such which is a hobby of mine Any ideas I ll try to answer any questions possible Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

hi

the issue i have is when watching a movie every (set period) so often my screen saver kicks in or display turns off after period of inactivity
i can turn screen saver off while watchin then on again after but this is a chore and i often forget
or i can wiggle mouse every few mins to prevent.

however i would like to know if there is a way around this so as i can have screen saver and display time out activated but set to recognise when im watching a movie full screen and not affect (interruppt) the movie

is this possible?

any info on this would be much appreciated
many thanks

A:screen saver issue when watching movies?

No. The screensaver utility can't know if you're watching a movie.

If you watch movies frequently, then make a shortcut to the screensaver console so it's quick and easy to open the settings to enable/disable it (that way it won't feel so much like a "chore" to do). That's probably the easiest thing to do. Alternatively, you could just get into the habit of periodically moving your mouse while you're watching a movie so that the screensaver countdown resets.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299237-screen-saver-issue-when-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi im getting freezing and crashing my pc while i was videos in youtube or while im playing games ...
Sometimes while im doing that i get a warning : the driver of graphics card has been stopped after this i get a BSOD.
Graphics Card: Ati Radeon HD 4800
Version : 8.5
I think the version is the latest

A:Crash while playing or watching Videos

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374833-crash-while-playing-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hi i have been experiencing some problems with my pc suffering from the blue screen of death while steaming video online, this has happened 3 times now and i would just like to get an idea as to what could be wrong , the last 2 times happened within about an hour of each-other which is concerning , i put my gpu through a stress test and it works fine but have yet to test my other components here are my details
os=windows 7 ultimate
x64
self installed
age of system 1 year and 3 months
age of os about 1 year and 1 month, had to re-install following some problems with the original install
cpu= amd phentom II x6 1100t
gpu= ati radion hd 5770
motherboard= ASUS m4a87td evo
psu= coser 600w (i think)

thank you for your time

A:blue screen of death on watching movies online

Your crash reports indicate a possible problem with your Windows installation. Please download and run the MGA Diag Tool. When it finishes, hit the copy button, and paste in your next post with [code]<MGADiag info>[/code] surrounding the MGADiag info.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-on-watching-movies-online-686110.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have recently started watching movies on my computer. Unfortunately, my screen goes black fairly frequently (every 15 minutes or so) while watching the movie. I went to control panel, display, and found the setting for time before screen saver comes on. Setting that to 45 minutes didn't change the frequency of the screen going black. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Screen goes black frequently while watching movies

I wonder if it's power settings.

Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Screen Saver tab -> Power button

In the Settings area of the power scheme, what does it say about how long it is supposed to wait until turning off the monitor?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-screen-goes-black-frequently-while-watching-movies-559141.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I really need help with this computer. I had this computer for a little over a year and since the beginning had this blue screen problem. I later on formatted the computer but the blue screen problem will not go away. I really wish someone could help me fix the problem. Thanks
Please find attach the zip file.

A:Blue Screen Constantly and maybe caused when watching movies.

kll19,
Your problems are...

* Network driver NETw5s64.sys from early 2009
Please reinstall with the newest available.

* Mcaffee
McAffee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
* You also need to update to Sp-1
First please run SURT > System Readiness Update Tool.

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32bit option for your system.

Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64 bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32 bit)

FYI
ISC Diary | Windows 7 / 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197905-blue-screen-constantly-maybe-caused-when-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey there i ve been having some issues with my newly upgraded PC I installed a brand new hard drive with Windows as well as a new GTS graphics card Things have been working smoothly except for I can only play games for about mins maybe playing while games or movies. Crashing before the computer freezes up and crashes It does this also during full screen video play but not as severely I have an AMD Athlon X and gb of DDR ram I ve never had a problem with temperature before in my PC but I think my new graphic card must be running really hot cause my cpu temp has been over degrees Celsius when I checked it after I was playing a game All my fans including CPU fan are working just fine to my knowledge and I even installed a new case fan cause my old one took a dump I believe temperature is a the culprit but I also wonder if it could be a hardware issue All of my drivers are up to date though Thing is I even opened up my case to let the max amount of airflow through while I was playing a game and it still froze up so im not exactly sure what else Crashing while playing games or movies. I can do If my graphic card is too hot for the case I have then I ll need a new case with better cooling im just wondering if thats my only option so I wanted to see if I could get some more opinions on what might be going on It only does it while playing games including Modern Warfare Unreal Tournament and Dragon age Origins And also full screen movies or TV shows Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I've been having this problem ever since I got my new computer I have no idea what the problem Browser Crash Games Flash with Movies and Web could be and unfortunately it's very hard to re-create Occasionally when watching flash movies or playing flash games Firefox will crash I'm not familiar with the difference between hard Web Browser Crash with Flash Games and Movies and soft crashes but in any case the window will simply disappear and I'll receive that now ever-so-familiar message quot We're sorry but Firefox has encountered a problem and has crashed Blah de blah de blah quot Not the Windows one mind you the Firefox one This problem carried over from Firefox into Firefox and will even occur in Internet Explorer from time to time It's been driving me up the wall for months and it's very inconsistent A few months ago I wasn't able to watch the newest Zero Punctuation review all the way through without it crashing And now I can watch videos but games like Web Browser Crash with Flash Games and Movies Pandemic will invariably crash for no reason whatsoever In fact the only place I've been to where the crashes can be re-created are the Gamespot forums wherein loading a page will cause the browser to crash but only Firefox not IE Not a huge loss at any rate I'm well aware but I figure that mentioning it may be helpful Also I used to receive RAM errors such as quot the address at x AEF paraphrased obviously gt gt could not be 'read' quot which would cause programs to crash Strangely enough they've all but vanished now and I didn't even try anything to fix those Just figured I'd mention it Things I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash including registry entries Installing the newest as well as older versions of Flash Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox as well as all of my plugins Browsing with all of my Firefox plugins disabled Checking my RAM for errors using Memcheck Changing my graphics card I'm really at a loss here and any help whatsoever would be greatly greatly appreciated Edit Argh sorry I forgot to post my specs Just in case they're relevant I'll post em anyway CPU Intel Core Quad Q GPU XFX GeForce UltraRAM GBOS XP ProSound Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusicMobo Asus P N-E SLIHD Western Digital GB sadly I don't know much else If anything else might be relevant I'd be happy to add it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174048/web-browser-crash-with-flash-games-and-movies/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello For the last few weeks a game I run on my laptop Final Fantasy XI has been running at unusually high CPU It's quite an old game came out in and my laptop should be more than capable of handling it's requirements and has done so up until now Additionally a similar thing occurs when watching YouTube videos except it's Flashplayerplugin The 99-100% when playing games CPU watching videos, thing is when the game or adobe flash run my CPU will jump to 99-100% CPU when watching videos, playing games - but the process will only be - k of memory but when I check resource manager CPU I see System Interrupts jumping around which I can't end or terminate Once more I haven't had this issue before and I can't use a restore point actually I tried to restore already and it doesn't help I'm trying to avoid reformatting or reinstalling windows as I don't have the CD anymore and it's a huge hassle pain I've tried the following countermeasures before finding out about this forum from prior experiences googling -Full scan Malwarbytes and removed all malware found -Ran TDSSKiller and removed rootkits -Tried Rkill -Scanreg -Defrag -System Restore -Disk error scan -Updated drivers -Removed shady PUP's Specs HP Pavilion g Notebook Intel Core i CPU Dual Core Ghz GB RAM Graphics Intel HD Graphics Radeon TM HD M Sound IDT High Definition Audio Codec Intel Display Audio Netcard Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Realtec PCIe FE Family Controller It's not exactly a cutting edge system but it should be sufficient to run an year old game at moderate specs Mind you I am supersampling 99-100% CPU when watching videos, playing games however I never had random - CPU before or if I did it was extremely rare I have a hijackthis log report if anyone can scour it for anything noteworthy Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - no file O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Network Check Helper - E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll O - Toolbar no name - ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - no file O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel r... Read more

A:99-100% CPU when watching videos, playing games

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525217/99-100-cpu-when-watching-videos-playing-games/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys I've had this really persistent quot freezing quot Random youtube 2, DOTA (Error while videos freeze 41) watching playing problem with my PC from 'June ' now I've tried to solve it to the best of my knowledge regarding these issues but it just won't go away So what happens is my PC freezes randomly for no reason while I'm watching youtube videos or playing DOTA It doesn't occur all the time and I can't replicate the freeze because of that but here's what happens Random freeze while playing DOTA 2, watching youtube videos (Error 41) PC freezes randomly at DOTA loading screen It's right after all the players have accepted to play in the found match find match process and the game Random freeze while playing DOTA 2, watching youtube videos (Error 41) takes us to the loading screen loading resources and stuff I presume now this is where my PC freezes It's happened many times from June and sometimes it's happened as much as times in a row and sometimes it doesn't happen at all for quite a few matches Rare PC freeze after DOTA match is either won or lost and the game is about to show the players the score screen This happens occasionally and is very much the same freeze as the loading screen one Freeze while watching Youtube videos no specific types of videos eg captions HD p but it happens just as much as the freezes that occur during the DOTA loading screen Note - After the freeze everything inside my cabinet from the PSU to CPU seems to be working running ON just as if it were doing so normally and I have to reset my PC manually at which point it completely powers down for a few seconds and then restarts with the quot didn't shut down properly quot screen this happens every time Any help regarding this issue and how to fix it would be much appreciated I don't know what's causing it

A:Random freeze while playing DOTA 2, watching youtube videos (Error 41)

I know that you are not talking about a BSOD, but if you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, we may have a closer look at your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264644-random-freeze-while-playing-dota-2-watching-youtube-videos-error-41-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Suddenly I can no longer watch movies. Games play, cds play, audio fine. But I put in a movie and it's like there's no disc here. We've watched movies on it for over a year, so I checked multiple movies that once worked. I've followed the troubleshooting, tried to update driver. The wizard could find no better driver than what is already being used. I DO NOT get an error message. I just don't get anything to show up either under My Computer or in Media Center or Media player. This stumps me. I read somewhere "Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)" was a problem but I even went to add/remove programs and couldn't find that particular update, so I couldn't uninstall that. I have a gateway with a tsstcorp dvd +_ rw mlti format double layer drive and Windows XP Media Center Edition.
Thanks for any help.

A:dvd movies stopped playing - games, cds fine

I have an HP a1540n desktop with two R/W CD/DVD drives and two megs of RAM. Recently both drives stopped showing or copying DVDs. When I tiried to copy DVDs I get a message that advrcntr2.dll is not on this system.

I went on the internet and downloaded this .dll and put several copies in various media players and on my Desktop. Still no success. What should I do next and what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
bhuyghue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-movies-stopped-playing-games-cds-fine.703158/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been getting a BSOD while either playing games like World of Warcraft, or even watching videos like youtube or netflix on both low and high resolutions.

I have attached the info you requested in the how to post thread.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- I have x64 Windows 7 Home Premium
- This is OEM install.
- I bought the system back in mid 2010?
- I have only reinstalled the OS once last year, I used the recovery partition to reinstall.

I do have AVG 2012 Free Edition installed on the system, along with Malware Bytes Pro Edition, the Resource and Performance tool apparently doesn't detect them. At the time of the scan UAC was diabled, it is enabled now, I disabled it for troubleshooting this issue.

A:BSOD while playing games or watching videos

Never mind on this topic, I decided to test drive the Windows 8 Customer Evaluation Copy, hopefully it fixes the issue, so far I like the new OS, it actually is running smoother on my system than Win7 did.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/220551-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I have been having very random BSOD problems for a while it has happened during a lot of games like civ 5 and batman arkham city it has happened while watching videos on youtube and it has happened while the computer isn't doing anything too! I am not sure what to do at all so any help would be appreciated

A:BSOD when playing games or watching videos

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Code:
Debug session time: Thu Sep 19 06:20:13.166 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
System Uptime: 0 days 2:41:02.321
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35084 )
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa800025a1c0, ffff, 0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page.
On a 32 bit OS, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used
PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.
Arg2: fffffa800025a1c0
Arg3: 000000000000ffff
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: nvSCPAPISvr.ex
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+35084
BiosVersion = F3
BiosReleaseDate = 06/10/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-890FXA-UD5
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Based on the bugchecks, I would recommend you follow and complete the steps given below:9. Test and Diagnose RAM issues with RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors" Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305735-bsod-when-playing-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently got a GTX card which required me to upgrade my PSU and i bought EVGA SuperNova NEX B I also reformat my windows from bit to bit Ultimate I basically am experiencing random bsods where it says the error 'memory management' its been happening for like - weeks to be honest I mostly have been crashing out of Counter-Strike Global Offensive when i launch the game and like when watching certain youtube videos like and sometimes i hit the replay button for a certain video and i do not see the video but can hear the audio just fine What steps have i taken to fix this issue on my own - Clean Driver Installation for my nvidia gfx card - Did a Memtest friend helped me told me about it Came out BSOD While or games playing watching videos with Errors for my RAM My Computer Specs Manufacturer My Cousin amp I Case Thermaltake VL W Z V Black Power Supply EVGA SuperNova NEX B OS Windows Ultimate Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z X-D H CPU Intel i - k Memory GB Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB Video Card PNY XLR GeForce GTX GB Sound Card OnBoard

A:BSOD While playing games or watching videos

also just got a new error when i bsod called PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358231-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Been getting a lot of BSODs lately, they used to happen frequently then they kind of just stopped, and now they seem to be starting up again for some reason, so I decided to finally try and get some help. I've attached the minidump file and I did a driver verifier which resulted in a BSOD immediately as I tried to sign back into windows 8 stating "driver verifier detected violation". So this happened twice before I went back into safe mode and disabled driver verifier. There are a few minidump files before the 2 from tonight and they are just random BSOD's that have happened in the past week I guess. Hope I've done this correctly, and it is greatly appreciated for anyone who helps.

YOUSSEF-PC-2014-12-13__40923_36.zip

A:BSOD playing games, or watching videos

There is a lot of errors. Update drivers in red. Stop using Razer devices for the time being and remove their drivers. Update your Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter, CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software, Also comes with iTunes, and Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs).

Code:
WPRO_41_2001.sys Mon Nov 7 22:04:48 2011 (4EB847F0)
CACE Technologies WinPcap Packet Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WPRO_41_2001.sys

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 14:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

btmaux.sys Tue Apr 24 08:34:35 2012 (4F96497B)
Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmaux.sys

PxHlpa64.sys Tue Apr 24 19:26:29 2012 (4F96E245)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys

ikbevent.sys Tue Jun 12 21:22:18 2012 (4FD796EA)
Intel Keyboard Class Upper Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ikbevent.sys

imsevent.sys Thu Jun 14 03:35:28 2012 (4FD93FE0)
Intel Mouse Class Upper Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=imsevent.sys

HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 00:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

iBtFltCoex.sys Wed Jul 4 00:22:55 2012 (4FF370BF)
Intel Centrino Wireless (Bluetooth Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iBtFltCoex.sys

btmhsf.sys Sat Jul 14 15:31:32 2012 (500174B4)
Intel Proset Bluetooth HighSpeed Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmhsf.sys

iwdbus.sys Mon Jul 23 22:19:17 2012 (500DB1C5)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

WirelessButtonDriver64.sys Fri Jul 27 22:22:12 2012 (5012F874)
HP wireless driver - 1st seen in Windows 8[br]Apparently related to various keyboard functions and FN key
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WirelessButtonDriver64.sys

RtsBaStor.sys Mon Jul 30 08:08:03 2012 (501624C3)
Realtek Pcie CardReader Driver for 2K/XP/Vista/Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsBaStor.sys

Rt630x64.sys Mon Jul 30 18:03:12 2012 (5016B040)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

iaStorA.sys Tue Jul 31 20:21:21 2012 (50182221)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Tue Jul 31 20:21:21 2012 (50182221)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

hpdskflt.sys Thu Aug 9 16:17:49 2012 (5023C68D)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Disk Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hpdskflt.sys

Accelerometer.sys Thu Aug 9 16:19:28 2012 (5023C6F0)
HP Mobile Data Protection System Accelerometer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Accelerometer.sys

SynTP.sys Sat Aug 25 01:20:26 2012 (50380C3A)
Synaptic Touch Pad Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys

Smb_driver_Intel.sys Sat Aug 25 01:22:13 2012 (50380CA5)

Smb_driver_Intel.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

stwrt64.sys Thu Oct 25 05:58:55 2012 (5088B8FF)
SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=stwrt64.sys

intelppm.sys Tue Nov 6 04:55:02 2012 (50988A16)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

ISCTD64.sys Tue Nov ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58419-bsod-playing-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Noticed three types of BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS OR EQUAL, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. ntoksrnl.exe is crashed most of the time.

Please help, cant fix this problem for 2 months. BSOD comes randomly when i play game DOTA2, or watch video online. Sometimes is just crashes if we dont use notebook for some time, it just starts rebooting.

Have tried updating drivers many times, then put back old ones, removed avast, tried lots of things but it did not help. I appreciate your help!

A:BSOD While watching videos, playing games, or going afk.

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

Do you still need help with this problem?
I will be notified if you reply to this topic and will respond within 48 hours.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/64364-bsod-while-watching-videos-playing-games-going-afk.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok, so my computer started freezing about a week now while either playing videos or playing games. It doesn't happen right away though, happens randomly while playing games or watching videos. I can't remember if it happened while doing something else. Most of the time, the sound just bugs and loops and the screen freezes. Other times the pc freezes and immediately restarts. The BSOD only happened twice, the first time it didn't even display the full BSOD screen, just the top right of the screen. The last time it happened it showed the full BSOD and I took a picture. I could provide pictures if needed but i guess the information is already included in this file I attached. I ran a virus scan on Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I also just ran 1 pass of Memtest with no errors, but i will run it again overnight for more passes. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A:BSOD mostly while watching videos and playing games.

Hello squurellkiller, I will try to help you. I looked at all the dump files you uploaded. All of them are a different error codes and different problems. That is the signs of ram problems in most cases. This is what they said.

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880130bb6f9, fffff880039faa50, 0}
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+736f9 )

BugCheck 50, {fffff88804319428, 0, fffff8800431680a, 5}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AppleCharger.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AppleCharger.sys
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+280a )

RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED (e3)
A thread tried to release a resource it did not own.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8008d6f980, Address of resource
Arg2: fffffa800947fb50, Address of thread
Arg3: fffffa8008c782c0, Address of owner table if there is one
Arg4: 0000000000000003

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041284, A PTE or the working set list is corrupt.
Arg2: 000000000fca1001
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff70001080000
Debugging Details:
Please run Seatools for DOS SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use Please run the short AND the long test. If you find no problems there,

Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip
Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372962-bsod-mostly-while-watching-videos-playing-games.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi All Many thanks for taking the time to try and help My system I CPU Gigabyte EX -UD MOBO X GB G Skill Games movie While (3D) Playing BSOD Or Watching Trident RAM ATI x Xfire GPU W Thermaltake PSU About months ago I started randomly getting BSOD's initially I thought one of my GPU's was going bad so I removed one to avoid any crossfire complications but still the BSOD'S persisted My CPU was overclocked to BSOD While Playing Games Or Watching movie (3D) ghz so I thought bingo it could be that and dropped everything back to stock but still the BSOD'S persisted So it would seem I am BSOD'ing with or without an overclock and with or without Xfire enabled I have since formatted several times to eliminate any software errors but still to no avail as the BSOD'S keep happening while gaming or watching D movies even happened yesterday while browsing the net info snippet x C was the last code I managed to see during the most recent BSOD before it restarted the comp Last night I ran memtest all through the night which successfully completed passes with no errors I have been running prime for the last hours with my overclock enabled and ram running at MHZ - - - and no issues It generally only seems to BSOD when playing watching something D intensive I have used the SF Diagnostics tool as requested and collected all the information required Please for the love of god could someone have a look at this and try and put my out of my misery as I am THIS close to taking my sledge hammer to this damn thing Many Thanks

A:BSOD While Playing Games Or Watching movie (3D)

Welcome aboard.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9C, {0, fffff8800308fc70, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
Probably caused by : intelppm.sys ( intelppm+39c2 )

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c)
A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.
KeBugCheckEx parameters;
x86 Processors
If the processor has ONLY MCE feature available (For example Intel
Pentium), the parameters are:
1 - Low 32 bits of P5_MC_TYPE MSR
2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure
3 - High 32 bits of P5_MC_ADDR MSR
4 - Low 32 bits of P5_MC_ADDR MSR
If the processor also has MCA feature available (For example Intel
Pentium Pro), the parameters are:
1 - Bank number
3 - High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error
4 - Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error
IA64 Processors
1 - Bugcheck Type
1 - MCA_ASSERT
2 - MCA_GET_STATEINFO
SAL returned an error for SAL_GET_STATEINFO while processing MCA.
3 - MCA_CLEAR_STATEINFO
SAL returned an error for SAL_CLEAR_STATEINFO while processing MCA.
4 - MCA_FATAL
FW reported a fatal MCA.
5 - MCA_NONFATAL
SAL reported a recoverable MCA and we don't support currently
support recovery or SAL generated an MCA and then couldn't
produce an error record.
0xB - INIT_ASSERT
0xC - INIT_GET_STATEINFO
SAL returned an error for SAL_GET_STATEINFO while processing INIT event.
0xD - INIT_CLEAR_STATEINFO
SAL returned an error for SAL_CLEAR_STATEINFO while processing INIT event.
0xE - INIT_FATAL
Not used.
2 - Address of log
3 - Size of log
4 - Error code in the case of x_GET_STATEINFO or x_CLEAR_STATEINFO
AMD64 Processors
1 - Bank number
3 - High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error
4 - Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000
Arg2: fffff8800308fc70
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9C_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800034176e0 to fffff800034be5c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0308fc38 fffff800`034176e0 : 00000000`0000009c 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0308fc70 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0308fc40 fffff800`03416e1f : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x164
fffff880`0308fd90 fffff800`0340ae88 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03087180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260313-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-movie-3d.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I would appreciate some help with a problem I've been having Here are the symptoms While playing a video game or watching Youtube videos my screen will flicker and several very thin multicolored lines will appear The computer will then shutdown try to restart itself shut down again and finally restart itself again When restarting when or watching playing BSOD video games the computer BSOD when playing games or watching video normally when I get to my desktop I receive the following error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C E E BCP FFFFF FCE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Windows will try and offer a solution but it never comes back with an answer whatsoever Anyways this all started when I was playing Borderlands and my brother noticed the resolution didn't fill my entire screen so he asked me to increase the resolution to the maximum It filled out my entire screen and looked great until this whole mess started for the first time I've since then reproduced it while playing Diablo watching Youtube videos and once just doing nothing I was thinking it was a gpu problem so I cleaned out all the dust from inside my computer with canned air and reapplied thermal paste to both my cpu and gpu I downloaded Furmark to check if my video card was overheating and as of this writing it idles at around - degrees Celsius sometimes reaching Temperatures will reach when playing Diablo on the highest settings I tried playing Borderlands with everything on the lowest possible video settings and the system still crashes in the same manner temps I have tried performing a system restore just to try everything that I could think of but it still won't work I get an error message that reads system restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point Source SystemRoot registration Destination ComPlusStaging Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time Edit Forgot to mention my gpu is a Nvidia GeForce GTX M I updated the driver after the first failure by the way And here are some things about my laptop Sager NP Clevo P HM Operating System Windows Home Premium -Bit Primary Hard Drive GB RPM Serial-ATA II - MB Cache Ram GB - DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory SODIMMS Graphics Video Card nVidia GeForce GTX M MB PCI-Express GDDR DX Processor nd Generation Intel Core i - QM - GHz nm MB L cache

A:BSOD when playing games or watching video

Hi

Did you try updating the display driver ? . If not uninstall the Nvidia driver and components from "control Panel-->Programs" and install the latest one. Remember to remove Nvidia components like updater, PhysX , Nview etc first. Then remove the Nvidia display driver (it should be the last one) . You can download the latest driver from the below link.

http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in

If the issue still remains, remove the graphic card and run the system using on board VGA (if there is one). You can play some high quality videos continuously to test the stability. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495698/bsod-when-playing-games-or-watching-video/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi everybody
everytime i watch a video or when i have many tabs running in the background (more than 3),cpu usage rises up to 100% and becomes sluggish. I think the problem started when i changed the mainboard (abit IL9Pro) to MSI (MS-7592). I recently upgraded from windows XP to windows 7 (a failed attempt to solve this issue) so i'm sure it got nothing to do with a virus.
so about my pc:-
processor:intel pentium(R) cpu 3.20GHz
RAM:2.50 Gb
graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 610(3022 MB)
this is my first time posting in a forum so let me know if i missed something. Please help!

A:cpu rises up to 100% when watching videos or playing games. HELP!!!

Hello and welcome zechs,

The issue you describe could be a mixture of many different things. Unfortunately, although you provided good details in your first post, we do need more information.

Could you please download Piriform's Speccy, re-create your issue, open up Speccy, and click on File > Publish Snapshop.... This should give you a URL, can you post that in here please?

Whilst waiting for us to review the snapshot, could you also try a clean boot (links to Microsoft's site with details), and see if your issues remains?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-rises-up-to-100-when-watching-videos-or-playing-games-help-767634.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have posted the same problem in another forum. BSOD Window 7 Laptop - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support
I seem to have a lot of different BSODs, it could be random but most of the time it occurs when I'm running a game or video. Nowadays, videos are fine, it's only games. The game is called osu! I used to run it DirectX now running OpenGL with 60 FPS. I found that when my fan or hard drive (can't tell because they are close together I am using laptop) makes some noise, it is hinting that a BSOD is coming soon. And when I shut down my laptop for a while, it lets me play the game longer when I open it. (maybe about 10 minute)

A:BSOD when playing games (osu!) and sometimes watching video.

USASMA is already helping you there, so I suggest dealing with that in one location - he knows what he is doing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395774-bsod-when-playing-games-osu-sometimes-watching-video.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

I have so serious issues with my graphic card that i can't figure out.
It always bsod while i usually watch a video or playing a game.
I have attach my last 5 minidump.

Can anyone help me?

A:BSOD while watching video or playing games

Your ATI video card driver is named in two of them, as well as a third one that can indicate a general drive fault. Try updating the drivers for your video card and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: Also monitor your GPU temperature if you can while playing games

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-watching-video-or-playing-games-546294.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm running windows 7 on a Dell N5010 laptop
It works fine while just browsing with chrome or using skype, but as soon as I try to watch a video on youtube it won't play smoothly unless I have it on a stupid-low quality (with nexflix too)
same with my games on steam (I only have two downloaded right now- TF2 and Skyrim) and both of them are super laggy, even with the graphics, ect all set to low.. Minecraft does the same thing.
It gets pretty annoying as you can imagine.

I've tried closing all my background programs while playing and deleting a bunch of stuff to give more space on my RAM but nothing really seems to make any difference.

Any advice..??

A:Bad lag while playing steam games and watching videos

You're running Intel HD graphics that's built in to your laptop. wont do ya much good if you want to play games or watch movies. bare minimum internet browsing. If you want to play video games on a laptop, i recommend getting a new laptop that has dual video cards. one for highperformance (videogames/movies), one for power saving. Also, your i3 processor isnt helping much either.

Generally, laptops are meant to be upgraded every 3 years. I'd also recommend a desktop if you want to play video games. cheaper, more powerful

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/336893-bad-lag-while-playing-steam-games-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, I have problem with new pc. On first two days without gpu/ mobo drivers and many windows updates I only had graphical artifacts 2 times which disapeared after restarting. But on the day I installed all this stuff I got my first BSOD. Now it happens fully randomly mostly while playing games/ watching youtube but also from time to time while surfing web. I had two time like 8h playing games and nothing if it's important.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380386-bdos-mostly-while-playing-games-watching-youtube-not-only.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I seem to be unable to play any games and recently the problem has escalated to any media whatsoever...
I can get to the log in screen of a game, or 10 minutes into a video and it will just crash and give me a horrible blue screen of death.
This is the thingie that comes up when it restarts:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: e1
BCP1: FFFFF80003381610
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: FFFFFA800895A530
BCP4: FFFFFA800895A530
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\093012-17815-01.dmp
C:\Users\Civire\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-310207-0.sysdata.xml

A:BSOD when watching videos and playing games

I'll be honest with you, even the dump files are a mess, and contain little information I can use.
First thing I want to check is this.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256025-bsod-when-watching-videos-playing-games.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi. Kind new here but something has come up for me. which annoys me a little bit. So for the past few months i would get a BSOD very randomly when i watch videos Then when I get a new graphics card which was 6 days ago it BSOD me 5 times with in the period so i don't know if it has to do with my new graphics card or something else.

The latest BSOD give me this

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF96000174283
BCP3: FFFFF88006C5E030
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD while playing games and watching videos

Hello DMOC now mate unless I am very wrong you are either running a non genuine copy of Windows or you have installed one that does not have Service Pack 1 installed after the older Windows 7 disk was installed can you verify what you have on board.
>Control Panel > System it should have the SP1 listed in that screen see my pic

Quote:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

This should read 7601 not 7600 < that was the original form it came out in and we had to download and install SP1.
Your dump files seem to confirm this

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff96000174283, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88006c5e030, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
win32k!HmgLockEx+a3
fffff960`00174283 0fb7430c movzx eax,word ptr [rbx+0Ch]
CONTEXT: fffff88006c5e030 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88006c5e030;r)
rax=fffff900c0200000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80082c4060
rdx=fffff900c0200000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffff900c0200000
rip=fffff96000174283 rsp=fffff88006c5ea10 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000001 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88006c5ea78 r12=fffff96000384c00 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
win32k!HmgLockEx+0xa3:
fffff960`00174283 0fb7430c movzx eax,word ptr [rbx+0Ch] ds:002b:00000000`0000000c=????
Last set context:
rax=fffff900c0200000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80082c4060
rdx=fffff900c0200000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=fffff900c0200000
rip=fffff96000174283 rsp=fffff88006c5ea10 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000001 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88006c5ea78 r12=fffff96000384c00 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
win32k!HmgLockEx+0xa3:
fffff960`00174283 0fb7430c movzx eax,word ptr [rbx+0Ch] ds:002b:00000000`0000000c=????
Resetting default scope
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17298 (debuggers(dbg).141024-1500) amd64fre
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff9600032c6b0 to fffff96000174283
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06c5ea10 fffff960`0032c6b0 : fffff900`c1e5d8f0 00000000`00000001 ffffffff`f4120ee8 fffff900`c22f5990 : win32k!HmgLockEx+0xa3
fffff880`06c5ea80 fffff960`0032bbae : fffff900`c1e5d8f0 00000000`00000000 00000ee8`00000000 00000000`00000000 : win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::OwnsSurfaceCleanup+0x40
fffff880`06c5eab0 fffff960`0032cab3 : 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`f4120ee8 fffff900`c1e5d8f0 fffff960`00384c00 : win32k!SFMLOGICALSURFACE::DeInitialize+0x4e
fffff880`06c5eaf0 fffff960`002d2a03 : fffff900`c2770370 00000000`00000000 fffff900`c1e5d8f0 fffff900`c1e5d8f0 : win32k!bhLSurfDestroyLogicalSurfaceObject+0x4b
fffff880`06c5eb30 fffff960`00285f92 : fffff900`c1ac1010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086c7680 : win32k!GreSfmDwmShutdown+0x15f
fffff880`06c5eb70 fffff960`001ffce8 : 00000000`00000001 fffff900`c015a010 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372901-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-videos.html