Windows Support Forum

winspool.drv error + Windows update error + unable to create bakcup

Q: winspool.drv error + Windows update error + unable to create bakcup

Hi about two months ago my computer started doing some weird stuff where multiple programs didn t work Some programs such as notepad give an error of C Windows systems WINSPOOL DRV is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error I have no idea what is causing this and found out when looking at its permissions all were switched to + error to error unable Windows bakcup create + update winspool.drv a TrustedInstaller while I had winspool.drv error + Windows update error + unable to create bakcup only read execute winspool.drv error + Windows update error + unable to create bakcup perms Also when I tried to restore my computer to an earlier version all of my restore points were gone When I tried to backup my files an error came up stating quot Server execution failed x quot Lastly I am unable to set my computer to update windows When I go to the action center and click Install Updates Automatically the window closes and nothing changes My current OS is Windows which was upgraded from Windows Vista and it is an HP laptop Also any automatic updates HP software usually installs doesn t seem to be working I have no idea why all of this is happening and I greatly appreciate any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winspool-drv-error-windows-update-error-unable-to-create-bakcup.932212/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: winspool.drv error + Windows update error + unable to create bakcup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.7%

When I try to install windows XP pro, this comes up as I try to install windows..

windows/system32/config/system cannot load error .. so i went through a live cd, backed up my info and deleted my partitiant to try to do a fresh reformat but this error pops up when I try to install windows..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Relevancy 79.12%

I insall BAIDU pc faster while uninstall using revo install restore point  unable  to create and the unable to shutdown
i restart ( restart normally mode ) then ok 
but in reg :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore
and then 4 windows update install again and again

but now i create restore point easily 
how to fix ?   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511985/windows-update-again-and-again-restore-point-error-while-create/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi guys So recently I just got Winspool.drv Error this winspool drv error message everytime I opened my computer and tried to open my games Also my windows appeared to be no D graphic anymore Btw this is the Error Winspool.drv machine I m using Windows Home Premium Service Pack Inter R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz RAM GB -bit Operating System in ASUS G S I followed a post http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -c-windows-system -winspool-drv- html and looks like I had the same issue with this guy I m not sure whether I can follow the solution to his problem that s why I posted this anyways here below are the requested information Page by one of the goodguy responder Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt dir systemroot winspool drv s Volume in drive C is OS Volume Serial Number is E-DBB Directory of C Windows System AM winspool drv File s bytes Directory of C Windows SysWOW AM winspool drv File s bytes Directory of C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-p ting-spooler-client bf ad e none f fb e f d ac AM winspool drv File s bytes Directory of C Windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-p ting-spooler-client b f ad e none a efe AM winspool drv File s bytes Total Files Listed File s bytes Dir s bytes free C Windows system gt Could anyone help me with this please Thank you nbsp

A:Error Winspool.drv

winspoll.drv is probably your printer in control panel find administrative tools > services > stop and restart your printspooler

as far as the 3D you may need to go to the site of your video card whether plug in or embedded on the mainboard ( manufacturer of the motherboard) and download and install the latest drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-winspool-drv.1136053/
Relevancy 74.39%

So this seems to be what I have
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/925274-c-windows-system32-winspool-drv-5.html
Sounds largely the same but I cant be sure. I get the errors and cant really open much. Anyway I dont really understand everything I read in there apart from that what seemed to fix it was a file uploaded by someone else. Can anyone look at it and help me with mine please? thankyou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winspool-drv-error.963085/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Vista Business 32-bit and am running a 16-bit application on it. I keep getting an error as soon as I run the 16-bit app that says:
error: invalid driver name or insufficient resources: winspool

Any help would be appreciated.

A:winspool error

Hello erdrick6,
What program are you trying to run ?.
Has this ever worked or is it a fresh install ?
Also can you fill in your full system specs, thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261437-winspool-error.html
Relevancy 74.39%

unable to update windows pro error i keep getting error x WU E PT SOAPCLIENT unable error 7 update x80244004 pro to windows CONNECT Same as SOAPCLIENT CONNECT ERROR - SOAP client failed i unable to update windows 7 pro error x80244004 only had one antivirus microsoft security essentials -tried the net uninstall no change -updated time -replaced gte certs -disabled win firewall and security unable to update windows 7 pro error x80244004 essentials -allow all microsoft com windowsupdates microsoft com in internet options -no proxy -active x filter is off on router -changed dns server to googles -ran the fixit and manually as well -ran the rediness tool no errors in checkSUR log -chdisk no issues -sfc no issues thanks pj EDIT i reinstalled MSE and when i did it downloaded the latest database which i was never able to do but sure enough once it finished i tried to manually hit the UPDATE button and i get the same error as i do with windows update x -- my log -- Code AU Uninitializing Automatic Updates - - d c Report CWERReporter finishing event handling - - d c Service - - d c Service END Service Service exit Exit code x - - d c Service - - cc Misc Logging initialized build tz - - - cc Misc Process C Windows system svchost exe - - cc Misc Module c windows system wuaueng dll - - cc Service - - cc Service START Service Service startup - - cc Service - - cc Agent WU client version - - cc Agent Base directory C Windows SoftwareDistribution - - cc Agent Access type No proxy - - cc Agent Network state Connected - - b c Report CWERReporter Init succeeded - - b c Agent Agent Initializing Windows Update Agent - - b c Agent Agent Initializing global settings cache - - b c Agent WSUS server lt NULL gt - - b c Agent WSUS status server lt NULL gt - - b c Agent Target group Unassigned Computers - - b c Agent Windows Update access disabled No - - b c DnldMgr Download manager restoring downloads - - b c AU AU Initializing Automatic Updates - - b c AU Approval type Scheduled User preference - - b c AU Scheduled install day time Every day at - - b c AU Auto-install minor updates Yes User preference - - b c AU Will interact with non-admins Non-admins are elevated User preference - - b c AU Setting AU scheduled install time to - - - - cc Report Report Initializing static reporting data - - cc Report OS Version - - cc Report OS Product Type x - - cc Report Computer Brand Dell Inc - - cc Report Computer Model OptiPlex - - cc Report Bios Revision A - - cc Report Bios Name Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A - - cc Report Bios Release Date - - T - - cc Report Locale ID - - b c AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - b c AU Initializing featured updates - - b c AU Found cached featured updates - - b c AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - b c AU Successfully wrote event for AU health state - - b c AU AU finished delayed initialization - - b c AU Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API - - b c AU Triggering Online detection interactive - - cc AU - - cc AU START AU Search for updates - - cc AU - - cc AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId F F - B F- E -B EE- B FACEEADCC - - e Agent - - e Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - e Agent - - e Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - e Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - e Agent ServiceID F B -E - B -B - A BC C Windows Update - - e Agent Search Scope Machine - - e Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - e Setup Client version Core Aux - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - e Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed w... Read more

A:unable to update windows 7 pro error x80244004

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286549-unable-update-windows-7-pro-error-x80244004.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

I am working on a friends laptop and I am running into a wall. I am hoping someone here could possibly help me. To begin this is an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. The issue I am having is that I cannot run Windows Update no matter what I try. Initially I was receiving error 80004005 when running Install Update, but after SURT the error changed to 80073712. Both errors directed me to the same solutions and nothing seems to work.

I had been looking for answers and found these forums which directed me to Windows Update Posting Instructions. I went through all the steps and am still experiencing the same error 80073712 when attempting Windows Update.

Log and Screen Shot

Thank you to anyone willing to help because I am just flat out lost. =)

Don

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395180-unable-run-windows-update-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

There is a known issue that started today with the older PS3s (non-slim versions) where the system clock went to February 29th instead of March 1st. Right now SONY is making a fix, but what you should do is disconnect the playstation 3 from the network, then change the date and leave the PS3 off your network until the patch/fix has been made. Should be within 24 hours.

A:PS3 Error - Unable to create trophies

OK, if you do get this error, reset the time by going to the Date and Time Settings and update it there. This should take care of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps3-error-unable-to-create-trophies.907001/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a problem with my 2nd hard drive (70Gb)
which only happen recently.

When I try to make a new folder it says
"Unable to create the folder 'new folder'.
The request could not be perform because of
an I/O device error."

And when I try to save data it says
"Windows - Delayed Write Failed..........
this error may be caused by a failure of your
computer hardware or network connection..."

I got no problem to open files or to copy files
from this drive.

My computer:
Athlon xp1600+
Ram: 256 KB

I've tried to search thru Microsoft and internet
for any solutions and have try my best including
checking the hardware cables and connection
but no success. Really appreciate if anybody could
share their expertise. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-unable-to-create-folder-please-help.238443/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello all I The Winspool error dreaded m not quite sure if my problem is a Virus Malware I apologize and thank you in advance if I need my post to be redirected into a different forum This started today as soon as I logged in The dreaded Winspool error to my computer after running System restore to recover from x blue screens in one hour The blue screening is fixed however I was presented with multiple errors all saying the same thing over Winspool C Windows system WINSPOOL The dreaded Winspool error DRV is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software The dreaded Winspool error vendor for support Now the fun begins as error messages pop up for all of my normal programs that begin on startup Steam Skype everything I spam click OK on the error messages and then most of the programs start up Whenever I exit that main error message though it comes back about five seconds later I ve been to various sites many say the same thing Rename it Restart it or Clean boot All Failures So far I ve gone in and disabled it If I can get some help that d be great nbsp

A:The dreaded Winspool error

ANY SORT HELP WOULD BE USEFUL NOW!

Almost everything short of taking it in has NOT worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dreaded-winspool-error.1089283/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am using Windows Vista. I am getting Bad Image errors when I attempt to use programs. An example error is: C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Google Chrome and notepad do not work and I cannot play any media.

The TSG Sysinfo gets the same Bad Image error.

Thanks for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winspool-drv-bad-image-error.1143431/
Relevancy 73.53%

This Winspool error dreaded The started today as soon as I logged in to my computer after running System restore to recover from x blue screens in one hour The blue screening is fixed however I was presented with multiple errors all saying the same thing over Winspool C Windows system WINSPOOL DRV is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try The dreaded Winspool error installing the program again using the original installation media The dreaded Winspool error or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support Now the fun begins as error messages pop up for all of my normal programs that begin on startup Steam Skype everything I spam click OK on the error messages and then most of the programs start up Whenever I exit that main error message though it comes back about five seconds later I ve been to various sites many say the same thing Rename it Restart it or Clean boot All Failures So far I ve gone in and The dreaded Winspool error disabled it If I can get some help that d be great nbsp

A:The dreaded Winspool error

Which spool error would that be? Exact verbage might be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dreaded-winspool-error.1089527/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,
I'm unable to update my Windows - Windows 7 Pro x64. An Error code 800B0100 always appear during update

- Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2789645)
- Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808735)
- Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)

I tried disable the firewall and antivirus before update, but no use. I also tried download the files and update offline. But also failed.

Please help. Thank you.
Man

A:Unable to update Windows - Error code 800B0100

You have a very large number of file problems.
From the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.windows.forms_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.22191_none_ee82d75519cdb09a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22210_none_6ebd48cf2b868ae6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.design_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18027_none_8abae60415960968.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-win32k_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_17b2cef2ca377b92.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18043_none_14830bbdb30e2246.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.design.resources_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22191_en-us_fefabb14d4f18b37.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18044_none_6e173b82127da724.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-win32k_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18043_none_214c9927e5a07856.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.windows.forms_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7601.18027_none_0548f35f002d38f9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_1f92962d0066a978.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernelbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_901677de18a58467.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_d139c7943b60a596.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_fcd1e4cbba5cfc7b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-minkernelapinamespace_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_6971452eab80a50e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-minkernelapinamespace_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_0d52a9aaf32333d8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.design_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22191_none_72e0ff71d9629a76.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.design_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22191_none_73f4c9fa2f368109.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-r..gistry-trustedtypes_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.21417_none_e0ca214560fc4c2b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18043_none_1ed7b60fe76ee441.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_c6e51d4206ffe39b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-consolehost_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_d31b1c8931ca7785.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_f27d3a7985fc3a80.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_153debdacc05e77d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernelbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_85c1cd8be444c26c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.windows.forms_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18027_none_837258327b605fd2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-win32k_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22209_none_22077944fe983d8d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.design_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18027_none_89a71b7bbfc222d5.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-win32k_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18043_none_16f7eed5b13fb65b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.windows.forms_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22191_none_6cac3c289500d773.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18044_none_ca35d705cadb185a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22210_none_cadbe452e3e3fc1c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18043_none_d07ee7772268e05f.manifest
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~10.2.9200.16437.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~10.2.9200.16437.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2789645~31bf3856ad3... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/288381-unable-update-windows-error-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Windows Home Premium bit SP Apparently her computer has not been able to update file KB since it s first attempt on And unable to update KB since The files have been trying unable update code:666 to error Solved: windows 7, to update every few days with no success Every time the two mentioned files fail it gives the error code as error when i ask for more details it gives this information quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot It is worth noting that there have been some updates that have been successful A search on the internet provides no results except for a handful in other countries languages but provide no solution Any help would be greatly appreciated because I m assuming her computer is way behind on more than a couple security updates below are the most recent details of the failed updates Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date amp amp amp PM Installation status Failed Error details Code Solved: unable to update windows 7, error code:666 Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com And the second one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date amp amp amp PM Installation status Failed Error details Code Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Someone please help.
I have a deapad Y510p Processor Intel? Core? i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz 1600MHz 6MB) Operating System Windows 8.1 64
Graphics Dual NVIDIA? GeForce? GT755M 2GB/Intel HD 4600 Memory 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard Disk Drive 1TB (5400 RPM) + 8GB Hybrid Drive. After upgrading to windows 10, my NVIDIA(10.18.13.5906) card does not work. I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, using CCleaner, clean install, disabled Windows 10 hidden updates, run as administrator, download from NViDIA, I mean everything that my experienced, and nontechnical mind can find and think of. The driver ran fine until October, however afte GEforce experience detected new GPU update, all updating has failed. It keeps giving me error 43. Could anyone please share any ideas, or help me figure whats going on??
Thank YOU

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127750-nvidia-windows-10-error-43-unable-update-use-driver.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello run Update,Error Unable to Windows 7 800b0109 - code I am stumped as to why my Unable to run Windows 7 Update,Error code - 800b0109 Windows Professional X system will no longer accept updates When I try to run updates via Microsoft updater I get the b Unable to run Windows 7 Update,Error code - 800b0109 code When I try to run the WIndows SP RC I get quot A certificate chain processed but terminated in a toor certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider quot When I try to run the Windows Readiness Tool I get quot Installed encountered an error x b A certificate chain processed but terminated in a toor certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider quot I have ran Malwarebytes from safe mode but it comes up clean Here is the HiJack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files x Absolute Software LoJack for Laptops Notifier LoJackNotifier exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWi exe C SpeedyComputer HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - c Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - c Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - c Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Avery Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot c Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher quot c Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot... Read more

A:Unable to run Windows 7 Update,Error code - 800b0109

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373001/unable-to-run-windows-7-updateerror-code-800b0109/
Relevancy 73.53%

When I try to run Windows Update for important updates the system downloads and installs the updates.
I am then required to restart the PC.
When I do so I get the following:
"Failure Configuring Windows Updates"
"Reverting Changes"
The pc then re-starts and tells me I need to install the same important updates.
The updates causing particular problems are:
KB2922229
KB2843630
KB2928562
In addition I am unable to install the Internet Explorer updates issued last week.

I have been able to install optional updates but no important updates since 10th April 2014.

I have tried:
Standard Windows Update from Control Panel
Manual installation of the updates
Also tried in Clean Boot
Manually re-set Update Components
All with Anti-Virus and Firewall turned off.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

BrianLowes

A:Unable to update Windows 7 - Error code 800703F1

please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330639-unable-update-windows-7-error-code-800703f1.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I installed a toolbar for the MegaUpload site for the sake of downloading one file to Windows, Unable Megaclick Firefox update in error uninstalling it immediately after Ever since then the traditional page in Firefox has been replaced with a Megaclick page with links to suggestions and a search bar for Yahoo not that either of these things are unconvenient but I liked the old page the way it was I actually didn't know the cause until I traced someone having a similar problem back to this forum By sheer virtue of having seen it elsewhere on this forum I also ended up realizing that Windows would not update Windows Defender refuses to update its definitions automatic updates had been checking daily but the last actual installation has not been for a month There are seven updates two of them critical that will not install That's when the problem went from being a nuisance to something that worried me Exacerbating my problems is my lack of Unable to update Windows, Megaclick error in Firefox a virus scanner which I've been without after my Norton definitions expired over five months ago and my AVG trial expired I know it's important to have one but unfortunately money's tight Hope that was thorough enough I accidentally closed extra txt and it didn't show up when Unable to update Windows, Megaclick error in Firefox I Unable to update Windows, Megaclick error in Firefox ran DSS again Here's the log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Jasetroncs on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Jasetroncs exe ------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Toshiba Utilities KeNotify exe C Program Files Lexmark Series LXCZbmgr exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Bluetooth Monitor BtMon exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Toshiba IVP ISM ivpsvmgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil d exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Jasetroncs Downloads Firefox dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK JASETR EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Star... Read more

A:Unable to update Windows, Megaclick error in Firefox

There is nothing in your log its all fine.Try this..

Open Firefox and go to Tools->Addons and remove the megaupload plugin and restart firefox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-update-windows-megaclick-error-in-firefox-198149.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, I have attempted to update windows 7 with the : Security update for windows 7 for X64 systems (KB2619339) with only failed results. the error code is : 8007065E

I have CBS logs WINDOWS resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Any help is appreciated as I like to keep my windows up to date and am rather confused.

Attached are the CBS logs.

In advance thanks for any help.
Shayne

A:Windows unable to update: error code : 8007065E

shayneacids,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Please follow this procedure.

Be sure to delete the existing logs first as explained in the procedure.

Upload ( do not post inline) the resulting SFCDETAILS.TXT file.

System File Checker – SFC

System File Checker checks system files and restores them if possible.

System File Checker places results in:
%windir%\logs\cbs

My preference is to empty the abovementioned folder BEFORE I run SFC.

How to empty the “results” folder
? Run CMD.EXE as administrator
o WIN | type CMD.EXE | do NOT hit ENTER |
o CTRL + Shift + ENTER key combo | YES button
? Type following commands, each followed with ENTER key
o CD %windir%\logs\CBS
o DEL *.*
o EXIT

To run System File Checker:
WIN | type CMD.EXE | do NOT hit Enter| CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER key combo | YES button
WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.

Enter SFC /SCANNOW
When System File Checker finishes---

If you do not see:
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Then:
? Type EXIT to return
? RESTART your computer
? Run sfc /scannow again

If you do not see:

Then:
? Type EXIT to return
? RESTART your computer
? Run sfc /scannow again

If you do not see:

Then:
? Type EXIT to return
? RESTART your computer
? Run sfc /scannow again
Notice that you have run sfc and restarted your computer up to three times.

? If all did not go well, you can use
the findstr command to view the results.

VIEW THE RESULTS
Put the System File Checker (SFC) results in a File on the Desktop
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log > %userprofile%\desktop\sfcdetails.txt
where /C: specifies the desired search string

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/230807-windows-unable-update-error-code-8007065e.html
Relevancy 73.53%

This happened quickly First thing I noticed was during a Windows Update I had recently reformatted my hard drives and had a LOT of programs to download and install It went well until the end when it refused to install three security updates and another update not sure which Microsoft was stepping me through things - running quot FixIt quot and the Microsoft WIndows Readiness Tool This had no effect I also ran system file checker NOthing has worked On the contrary things appear to have gotten worse WHen I would try to log onto ebay or most any secure website I would get an error message - something to do SSL error Unable download WIndows message Update and getting to with SSL I tried it with Internet Exlorer I Unable to download WIndows Update and getting SSL error message was using Mozilla Firefoxat first Using explorer I was allowed to enter secure sites but other things stopped working None of the links in Outlook emails work anymore - I get a quot general failure message quot I've ran with Norton Microsoft Essentials Malware Bytes Anti malwarem - all came back clean Can you help like you did before with a problem I had a year or so ago Thanks in advance - you're the best fphaseiv

A:Unable to download WIndows Update and getting SSL error message

If you have Norton Internet Security or N360 - remove it.

http://jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

Try Windows Updates again - www.update.microsoft.com

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-download-windows-update-and-getting-ssl-error-message-519408.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,
I'm unable to use windows update. I keep getting error 80073212 regardless of what I try. Please see Grrr.txt for all troubleshooting done on this topic.
Thank you for any help!

A:Windows Update error 80073712, Unable to repair

I've added my DISM.log, CheckSUR.log, and WindowsUpdate.log, if that helps. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297686-windows-update-error-80073712-unable-repair.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I am unable to turn on the Automatic Updates for Windows and upon start up RUNDLL C WINDOWS eCNKBACD dll The specified module could not be found All of this happened after running malware software Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon Update to Windows Unable Message Error RUNDLL exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe RUNDLL Error Message Unable to Update Windows C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM RS Service exe C Program Files Verizon VSP ServicepointService exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Sony Reader Data bin launcher Reader Library Launcher exe C WINDOWS PLFSetL exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Wi-Fi Connect WiFiConnect exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM AcerVCM exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE agent exe C DOCUME DANITA LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exe C Program Files Verizon VSP VerizonServicepointComHandler exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Verizon - AOL Toolbar Search Class - c e - d- - b - abeb d - C Program Files Verizon - AOL Toolbar verizontb dll R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperS... Read more

A:RUNDLL Error Message Unable to Update Windows

Good evening. Go here, follow steps 6, 7 and 8 and post accordingly into this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386823/rundll-error-message-unable-to-update-windows/
Relevancy 73.53%

Dell Inspiron Windows XP Sp with McAfee security Virus scan as supplied and regularly updated No previous problems over years of use After a Windows automatic update requested a re-boot early this morning Dec the laptop failed to load winxp in any config The error message displayed quot Isass exe Application error code xc Please exit etc quot On attempting to gain access to Safe mode the same message appears Repeated attempts to gain any access revealed only one small change the prefix quot services exe quot before the same application error code Friends assuming a trojan worm is not involved could this be a case of a Hotfix in the update causing the Windows (error: update to 0xc0000006) Unable boot after re-boot prob and is there any way of restoring my poor laptop without having to go quot console quot and code writing etc Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated Unable to boot after Windows update (error: 0xc0000006) and apologies if this message is in the wrong spot as this is my first cry for help on any forum Thanks Rose

A:Unable to boot after Windows update (error: 0xc0000006)

Can you pull up the safe mode screen and try selecting Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-boot-after-windows-update-error-0xc0000006-324368.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have been running Windows Backup on my Win -bit Home system successfully for a while I selected a USB drive as my backup destination and a number of local folders as the source I also included my OneDrive folder in the source folder set My computer's name "unable create file" Windows error Backup: to zip was quot MIKE-PC quot I noticed that my USB drive had a special folder special icon labeled MIKE-PC and I was not able to open this folder to view its contents Recently I did a few things I changed my computer's name to PENGUIN and renamed some of the source folders in my backup set I didn't care at that point Windows Backup: error "unable to create zip file" whether Windows Backup was working because I was reorganizing my data Today I finished reorganizing my Windows Backup: error "unable to create zip file" data and went to change the Windows Backup settings First I deleted both MIKE-PC and PENGUIN from the USB drive Then I went into Windows Backup and changed the source folder set The set still includes my OneDrive folder I ran the backup I got an error quot Unable to create Zip Folder quot I ran chkdsk and made sure Windows was fully updated I ran Windows Backup again and got the same error Note that I am using another backup program IDrive which backs up to the cloud That has not caused a problem in the past but I Windows Backup: error "unable to create zip file" wonder if it can create potential conflicts with Windows Backup Any idea how to go about debugging this

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/398073-windows-backup-error-unable-create-zip-file.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have used my 16 GB Sandisk Cruzer as RAM for about a year now, but all of a sudden for some reason, if I try to use it for readyboost now, it tells me "Unable to create the cache. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I don't know what could be causing this as it worked fine just this morning. Please help.

A:ReadyBoost error: unable to create the cache

Run a chkdsk on the drive, if all else fails do a long format of the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/readyboost-error-unable-to-create-the-cache.873385/
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm getting this Windows Update error when installing KB2478663 and KB2518870:

WindowsUpdate_00000643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000
1. 1 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates2. 2 Windows Update error 800B0100

I've been through all suggestions mentioned, and got from another article in this forum that running the following commands might fix the issue or collects the necessary info to help finding the culprit:
sfc /scannow
System Update Readyness Tool

Those commands did not fix the issue, here are the results included, is someone able to help me?

A:Windows 7 - Unable to Update KB2478663 and KB2518870 error 800b0100

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=27e6a...5D1A492AF7!390

Go there and download the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool

See if that helps. The patches you are having trouble with are .net framework updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/172741-windows-7-unable-update-kb2478663-kb2518870-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

I am having a problem with updating windows. I ran the SFC and I see that there are some errors detected.

Please assist me with this problem. I have tried several fixes but none have worked. I have attached the CBS log files.

A:Unable to Use Windows Update after reinstall - error 800B0100 occurs

Hello stifsplif, welcome to SevenForums!

Your CheckSUR log shows the following corruption:

Code:

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 20.0
2013-09-05 09:29
Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum Line 1:
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.cat
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
Checking Packages
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Manifest All Zeros 0x00000000 winsxs\Manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_en-us_e91aef730addeae7.manifest x86_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_en-us_e91aef730addeae7
Summary:
Seconds executed: 320
Found 13 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 1
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 6
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 6
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.4.7600.226_en-us_e91aef730addeae7.manifest
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-MiniLP~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~en-US~7.4.7600.226.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.4.7600.226.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-AuxComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/303772-unable-use-windows-update-after-reinstall-error-800b0100-occurs.html
Relevancy 72.67%

For the last couple weeks, I've tried about 10 times to install the update. Get the same error every time, been unable to find any solution online.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/76195-unable-install-windows-update-kb318414-error-800f0825.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Been trying to update XP SP2 with the .NET Framework security update V1.1 SP1 (KB886903), but every time I try I receive the following error:

==============
Unable to load JIT compiler (MSCORJIT.DLL). File may be missing or corrupt. Please check your setup or rerun setup!

Error Code: 0xC0000005
Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources.
==============

The only fairly helpful resource I've found tells me that the "Unable to load JIT compiler" error is caused by a timeout error on a system with a heavy load. I've had this error numerous times and checked my system load and it's never been high at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-z

A:Windows Update Error - unable to load JIT compiler (MSCORJIT.DLL)

reduce the load on the machine by closing applications before re-running setup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-error-unable-to-load-jit-compiler-mscorjit-dll-71245.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,
I play a lot of PC games, and in one particular game, I have been having a graphical glitch. This is apparently related to the Windows KB2670838 update, and many people on various forums have solved the problem by removing this update.
I first tried removing the update from 'Programs and Features -> Installed updates', but get an error 0x80073701 'referenced assembly not found'.
Instead I tried to uninstall using the command prompt 'wusu', then tried again in safe mode, and even tried uninstalling IE10, the apparent cause for this update in the first place.
None of these attempts have succeeded for one reason or another, and I wondered if anyone has any help?

A:Unable to uninstall windows update KB2670838, error 0x80073701

Rsstn welcome to SevenForums

when you ran wusa /uninstall /kb:2670838 did you run it inside an Elevated Command Prompt ?

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on in type CMD . Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

then type

wusa /uninstall /kb:2670838 and press <ENTER>

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294651-unable-uninstall-windows-update-kb2670838-error-0x80073701.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I am having problems with my computer I cannot seem to update anything I am running Windows Home Premium bit I first noticed that Adobe Java and Microsoft Security Essentials would no longer update I have not tried to Windows Error to start, unable 0x8007277a service Update use Microsoft Update but Windows Update service unable to start, Error 0x8007277a I am certain that would fail as well which is why I have not even bothered Every time I tried to update one of those programs I would get an error saying that the server was unavailable and to please check my internet connection or it could not update due to an internet or network connectivity issue However Malwarebytes Anti malware will update the definitions just fine for some reason Microsoft Security Essentials shows the most recent definitions as Jan so it would seem the problem happened around that time Running a manual update of MSE definitions gives me an error of x Well the browser was showing web pages just fine so after some googling and searching around I realized that the quot Windows Update quot service and the quot Background Intelligent Transfer Service quot were not running Attempting to restart the computer and manually quot start quot either of these services would bring up an error message Trying to manually start Windows Update service gives the error x a I tried to use Microsoft's quot Fix-It quot solution which also immediately gave me an error saying that the computer failed to connect to all of the servers required to run it thus it failed If anyone could help me or has had a similar situation that they solved I would be very grateful This one has me stumped Thank you MS ETA - Checking through the error log in System I keep seeing errors over and over that show the Windows Update service and BITS service terminating with the following error - Also many more times than that are errors saying that quot The IPsec Policy Agent service terminated with the following error The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized quot Checking through the error log in Adminstrative Services around that time I see hundreds of instances of one error over and over sometimes only seconds apart not sure if it has anything to do with it but here it is It says the source is Side by Side under the general tab Activation context generation failed for quot C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc mfc fc b b a e e b none cbf d MFC U DLL quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot ver sion quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis and under the details tab Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot ver sion quot quot C Windows WinSxS x microsoft vc mfc fc b b a e e b none cbf d MFC U DLL

A:Windows Update service unable to start, Error 0x8007277a

Hi, Welcome to forums.

This could be an issue with third party winsock. You can reset winsock. Here's how you can do it.

1.Click the Windows Start button.

2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box and press Ctrl-Shift-Enter (keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator). Click Continue to allow elevation request.

3. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

4. Type netsh int ipv4 reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

5. If you use ipv6, type netsh int ipv6 reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

Note: you may need to run Network Diagnostics afterwards to "repair" your connection after this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/322297-windows-update-service-unable-start-error-0x8007277a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm running Windows Pro on my Dell laptop This laptop has update error.. System Checker install integrity Windows error..iTunes File error been in storage and hasn't been turned on in a year Originally all I wanted to do was use iTunes The problem It made me update it in order to use it but I got an error I un-installed it and tried downloading a fresh copy and I get the following error After some Googling I read that not having the latest Windows NET framework might be the problem Sounded reasonable so I fired up Windows Update but that gave me an error and wouldn't start checking for updates I managed to get it to check for updates but now when it starts the process I get the following I Windows update error.. System File Checker integrity error..iTunes install error Googled the error code E and tried a few things to try and fix it I downloaded the windowsupdatediagnostic diagcab found on Microsoft's site here http windows microsoft com en-us windows troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates TC windows- I tried resetting the Windows Update reset tool using MicrosoftFixit found here http go microsoft com linkid I download the system readiness tool found here https www microsoft com en-us download details aspx Windows update error.. System File Checker integrity error..iTunes install error id I tried a clean boot I tried renaming the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder None of this worked I ran the System File Checker tool SFC exe and the results said I had bad files but I don't know how to fix them It generated a CBS log which is too large for me to post MB so I've uploaded to dropbox here https www dropbox com s upin te z lcx CBS log dl And a sfcdetails log which from what I understand is a easier-to-read version of the CBS log which I've attached in the following post It was also recommended that I run SFCfix from here http www sysnative com niemiro apps SFCFix exe At some point it asked me to insert the windows DVD if I had it which I didn't I'm trying to fix this laptop for a relative of mine and I don't think they have their original CDs I've attached the SFClog here SFCFix version by niemiro Start time - - Microsoft Windows Service Pack - amd Not using a script file AutoAnalysis CORRUPT C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none ce c de cb f smipi dll SUMMARY Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically Seek advice from helper or sysnative com CBS amp SFC total detected corruption count CBS amp SFC total unimportant corruption count CBS amp SFC total fixed corruption count SURT total detected corruption count SURT total unimportant corruption count SURT total fixed corruption count AutoAnalysis directive completed successfully Successfully processed all directives SFCFix version by niemiro has completed Currently storing datablocks Finish time - - ----------------------EOF---------------------- I appreciate any help you can offer All of this is just to fix iTunes and I don't even know if any of this will even fix the iTunes problem to begin with But I'd still like to try Thank you for your help SFC details log if you need that - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Verify complete - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI a SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI c SR Verify complete - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - ... Read more

A:Windows update error.. System File Checker integrity error..iTunes install error

Open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below one at a time followed by pressing Enter after each command.

net stop wuauserv

rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution\wuredir

net start wuauserv

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576057/windows-update-error-system-file-checker-integrity-erroritunes-install-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

anytime I try to install any program I get this error Setup was unable directory - create 5 - Error virus? unable the to Setup was to create the directory E Program Files Error Access is denied Does anyone know if a virus can cause this I have not Error 5 - Setup was unable to create the directory - virus? made any recent changes to my firewall or antivirus although I did delete some empty temp folders on my C drive documents amp settings area because I thought they were useless since they were empty I've been reading up on this error and it might be possible that deleting those folders may have caused the problem but I'm not sure and I'm also worried about a possible virus I don't remember where the temp folders were and I'm not sure if it's as simple as just re-creating the folders again I'm using windows xp and I ran my antivirus scans but it found nothing although I know that doesn't necessarily mean that a virus isn't hidden somewhere undetected Any help greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Error 5 - Setup was unable to create the directory - virus?

Are you logged in as an Administrator?
If not, try running it as Administrator.
Otherwise, right-click the install icon and select Run as Administrator.

I doubt this is the work of a virus, but a general permissions issue.  You need elevated permissions to write into the Program files or Program Files (x86) folders.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573194/error-5-setup-was-unable-to-create-the-directory-virus/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

I first started out with the installation problem...where a message popped up saying "Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel." I followed basically every step I could find on the internet, from uninstalling related files, running OneCare, etc. I eventually got Quicktime to install by going through every Quicktime key in the Classes folder and setting it to an Admin permission.

But now when I open Quicktime, a message pops up saying "unable to create control" twice, and I can't play anything because it says the same message. Any help? Thanks.

A:Quicktime Opens With Error "unable To Create Control".

Nevermind, I think I fixed it...there were some keys that I apparently forgot to fix. If there are any more problems, I'll post them here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72472/quicktime-opens-with-error-unable-to-create-control/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi im having problems installing the original Toca Race Driver (1) on Windows X64. after starting the setup the error message "Error 1608: Unable to Create InstallDriver Instance" comes up. i have tried everything that i know of but nothing has worked...Any help would be appreciated.

Pc Specs:
AMD 64 3000+
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe
2GB Kingston DDR 400 Memory
Nvidia Geforce FX 5950 Ultra
160Gb SATA HDD
Windows X64

A:Win X64 - Error 1608: Unable to Create InstallDriver Instance

I think you've found the problem. Windows XP64 isn't all that good when trying to run older games. Shoot most new games won't install on XP's 64bit edition and a lot of video cards don't have the driver for this edition either. Why XP 64bit anyway? Just curious. You don't need the 64bit XP to run a 64bit system. XP 32bit runs on that just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-x64-error-1608-unable-to-create-installdriver-instance.469508/
Relevancy 71.81%

i have been getting an error of bad image then states windows32\winspool.drv is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". i am not able to open any programs like registry error fixes cause i get same error . also my avast wont allow me to connect and volume control not on taskbar and it wont let me add......please help....i tried to rename file and that didnt work. i tried to restore and that didnt work either. someone told me to try registry fix but after downloading program i cant open it cause i get same error.......uggggggghhhhh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winspool-drv-error-causing-me-to-not-be-able-to-open-programs.1080964/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, I'm being unable to install the Service Pack 1 for some reason (KB976932). I already tried the System Update Readiness and here's a HUGE log that came up. Please, I'd appreciate any help you guys may give me.

A:Unable to install updates in windows 7 error 800B0100 update KB976932

I also used the Windows Update Troubleshooter v1.3 by HackSys Team, still not being able to install the updates. I'll appreciate any furher help for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254570-unable-install-updates-windows-7-error-800b0100-update-kb976932.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I keep getting this error every time I try to install update Windows Service Pack 1 (KB976932) on my poor PC. Ran SURT & scf /scannow (integrity error fixed). Here are the log files: Attachment 361175
DxDiag: DxDiag.txt

Please excuse my ignorance & Thanks!

Edit:

A:Unable to update Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Error code 800B0100)

Here's the summary from the CheckSUR scan...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 1253
Found 2 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 1
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.1.7600.16395.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.1.7600.16395.mum
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.1.7600.16395.cat
servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-Security-WindowsActivationTechnologies-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.1.7600.16395.cat
This looks to me like an attempt to bypass activation and validation requirements...

We need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.x
- in your own thread, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371639-unable-update-windows-7-service-pack-1-error-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, I'm having a major virus/malware issue as my McAfee firewall protection stopped working suddenly. Called McAfee to reinstall the virus software and they were unable to install it. They said that since my Windows Update feature is not working (there is a big red X and updates are not downloading and installing) the McAfee installation is failing. Asked me to fix this issue first and then try McAfee installation.

Not sure what to do, any adivse? thanks.

A:Unable to install McAfee Virus software due to Windows Update error

You say your Windows Update is not working, yes? Try this Windows Update - Reset then try reinstalling McAfee. And it might not hurt to do this SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/242631-unable-install-mcafee-virus-software-due-windows-update-error.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I have tried a lot of things but no fix.I was able to import ctl successful and enabled logging and errors 11,41,and 81 were listed 5 or 6 times with consent.exe as aux info.This started after Windows update and bloodhound exploit 281 virus removal and causes boot slowdown.There were a couple reg leaks when shutdown with virus.I have ran sfcscannow and check disc no issues found.Maybe if repair the consent.exe certificates ?Thanks for any info/help!

A:Hi newbie needs help with error 4107 capi2 from windows update unable to extract .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-newbie-needs-help-with-error-4107-capi2-from-windows-update-unable-to-extract.937551/
Relevancy 71.38%

It has been so long since I have done this. I get to install windows, next disk is selected (says logical partition) Should just be empty-low level format was done it previously
Next and I get the infamous:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locatean existing system partition"
Drive is SATA, win 7 is x64 full install (it's not the disk, I used it years ago to do this. I have no other drives installed except the dvd of course.

I remember something about drivers? Maybe not-But every solution I found talked about disconnecting all other drives etc, there are no other drives.

Thanks-it's a pc for my niece.
Frank

A:Win 7x64 install error Setup was unable to create (rest below)

Hi,
I don't believe you can install on a logical partition or drive it needs to be unallocated space or formatted into NTFS
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387067-win-7x64-install-error-setup-unable-create-rest-below.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I have my HP Laptop which came with Windows Vista as the OS. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 so I bought Windows 7 from my local store.

I entered the disc and did boot from CD. It reached to the page where it shows the disk partition. I deleted the partitions and created new one. However, whenever I create the partition, it creates a primary one and gives me saying Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition.

The stupidity that I did was deleted the partition which had the Recovery Drive in it. So, now I am stuck and not able to install Vista as well as Windows 7. I am not able to boot Windows as there is no OS in my laptop now.

Really need your help here.

Please tell me what to do.

A:Setup was unable to create a new system partition - Installation Error

Do you clean the HD Drive, using step one of this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/204956-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition-installation-error.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am having a problem with doing a fresh install of Windows It is on a Dell to new unable a partition Setup Install Error system create was Inspiron with a GB hard drive There was an original install but the computer was having issues as some files were corrupted I used the Windows disc to format the hard drive and booted from CD after restarting However when I try to install the new Windows it sits at the part where it says Expanding files Then after a while an error pops up that says Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information Any help would be greatly appreciated I have read a lot of posts on this same issue but have yet to find one that applies closely to my situation I am getting frustrated trying to figure it out lol Please help Install Error Setup was unable to create a new system partition If I need to supply you with other information to help me figure it out I can

A:Install Error Setup was unable to create a new system partition

Try wiping the HD to see if boot sector corruption or possibly a Dynamic disk is blocking install: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Next reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI to try install. Unplug all other HD's and peripherals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195696-install-error-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi all I know this is a 'common' problem Unable error: new or partition Install to create system locate.... I've just spend the last hours scouring web sites on this issue but the solutions suggested so far haven't worked or it may Install error: Unable to create new system partition or locate.... be that the one thing I'm leaving out is actually required I have the Win Ultimate bit Upgrade I also have a GRUB dual boot with Linux and Install error: Unable to create new system partition or locate.... maybe that's the problem as I am deliberately not using the 'clean' command see below I did have XP loaded but I wanted a clean install so I wiped the partition with the installer I'm afraid I've been naive about all of the installation woes which I'm finding out about now I thought it would be easy and simple like in the past After getting the error in the title I found sites telling how to use diskpart to manually setup the partition I tried this with the exception that I did not use 'clean' and hence did not need to create a brand new partition the reason being that I have other partitions that I want to save I had deleted and then created the primary part with the installer and then when that failed I used diskpart to format it and set it to active After that I exit diskpart and reboot the machine but I'm still getting the same error As per the instructions after the reboot I simply clicked 'next' with the default partition selected and did not do any extra fiddling So one obvious question is is 'clean' required by Win Is the Grub MBR fouling this up I would think an install wouldn't care what was there before as long as it has permission to overwrite it I don't want to erase those other partitions if I can avoid it Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Install error: Unable to create new system partition or locate....

The fix which works most often is "Clean" Command but you can try the other steps first for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums.

There is a simple solution here that works well for Dual boot Ubuntu-Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327949-install-error-unable-create-new-system-partition-locate.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When I try to install some progams and games, the following error occurs when the installprogram (setup.exe) is loading...
1608: unable to create installDriver instance, return code:-2147221164

I have searched google and tried every solution here...
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108440

And they all didnt work, please help!

A:I cant install, becuz I get an error...1608: unable to create installDriver instance

Please provide us with more info like what software or what operating system.

I recently came across a very similiar problem with Windows XP that had been updgraded from 98, although thats not the only cause, and almost no program would install becuase of Permissions. The solution was to simply do a Repair of XP. Boot off the Windows CD and select the Repair Installation option. You should not lose anything by doing this as long as you only do the repair and not a format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-install-becuz-i-get-an-error-1608-unable-to-create-installdriver-instance.189074/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,
I had 32 bit win7 home premium provided by OEM. Recently I purchased win7 professional 64 bit in order to increase my memory.(My system is 64 bit capable) I followed [1]. I am using USB for installation. I booted the system with USB. Then at disk manager I deleted all the partitions(including recovery ) Then I refreshed and click next and I got an error saying setup unable to create system partition. I also tried diskpart clean. Still no hope. So I am stuck with a formated laptop. Want to get this working soon. Can anyone of you kindly enlighten me on this issue.

[1]http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

A:Win7 64 bit clean install error. unable to create system partition.

tikz,
Where did you get the Win 7 that you want to install?

I strongly suspect a bad Win 7 or a hacked Win 7 as the cause.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253853-win7-64-bit-clean-install-error-unable-create-system-partition.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When I use Google I can search just fine but if I click on a link one of the search results I am redirected to a random website some of which are blocked by my anti-virus software saying that the website is dangerous This doesn t only affect Google however it affects any search engine that I have tried Yahoo Bing Google Ask Another problem that I have been having is a random quot Script Error quot message that will pop up saying quot continue running script quot with the choices error to ghost background, script in unable windows Google audio pop-ups, update redirects, and quot yes quot and quot no quot It interrupts whatever I am doing and if I hit Google redirects, ghost audio in background, script error pop-ups, and windows unable to update any keys while it is open it automatically selects quot yes quot I hit no whenever I can but this pop-up issue has been preventing me from playing games as I get interrupted and die writing papers for school because it constantly pops up and disallows me from concentrating or typing correctly There seems to be no result whenever I accidentally select yes Next although I muted it there is an unknown source of audio that just has a man and a woman saying random words It almost sounds like a skype conversation because of Google redirects, ghost audio in background, script error pop-ups, and windows unable to update the influction and tone When I created a guest account for my dad to use on my laptop the audio was everpresent but I could not find where it was coming from when I tried to mute it Finally to top off all of my computer problems Windows desperately tries to force me to update it but whenever it attempts to it begins the update then stops somewhere before and says there is an error then undoes all of the updates I have no idea what updates Windows is trying to force but reminders pop up periodically telling me that I have minutes before it automatically restarts my laptop This can be frustrating as the window does not always appear on top so I have missed the window of opportunity to hit quot postpone for hours quot and lost data from the computer restarting I would really like to have a virus-free computer DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Disabled Outdated AE D B- F F-D - D- D B F AE SP Kaspersky Anti-Virus Disabled Updated C EF-A -DEB - BAD-BC F F BE SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky Anti-Virus Disabled F E-C -D F- A - E BA B D Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C windows system conhost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C windows system conhost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer E... Read more

A:Google redirects, ghost audio in background, script error pop-ups, and windows unable to update

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412753/google-redirects-ghost-audio-in-background-script-error-pop-ups-and-windows-unable-to-update/
Relevancy 70.52%

I don't know if & Instance" Create to "1608 Update Run 0x800704DD Unable Cannot Windows InstallDriver these two issues are related I found the second issue when investigating the first That is I found out that my Windows XP Pro never updated to SP "1608 Unable to Create InstallDriver Instance" & Cannot Run Windows Update 0x800704DD and tried to check for updates manually getting the second error message The first error I keep getting whenever I try to install a program that accompanies a new copy machine Apparently something is interfering with InstallShield I've tried every solution I could find on the web related to the first error to no avail Someone suggested making sure all my windows updates have been installed--that's how I discovered I couldn't update manually getting the second error pertaining to windows update Below is my HijackThis log DDS report two attachments one from DDS and the other from RootRepeal I would greatly appeciate any help with one or both problems Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system LxrJD s exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus Tmntsrv exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus tmproxy exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus pccguide exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus PCClient exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus TMOAgent exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Zinio ZinioReader exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Inter... Read more

A:"1608 Unable to Create InstallDriver Instance" & Cannot Run Windows Update 0x800704DD

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253178/1608-unable-to-create-installdriver-instance-cannot-run-windows-update-0x800704dd/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All I have done it again My OS is Windows Single Language For the past days my windows update has not been working I am getting Windows Update Error F I have tried a lot of cannot Update error restore create a & 8024402F point things including System Restore which I found out is also not working properly It seems all my restore points are corrupted so I deleted all of the and now cannot create a new point see attached photo Please help me to fix these problems I have used FixWin from Update error 8024402F & cannot create a restore point Windows Club it says it created a restore point for me but there is none I also tried SCF and as usual it said it fixed some but not all files Also tried Microsoft FixIt but that didn't work either I tried start repair and it said it cannot repair whatever's wrong I am at wits end I very recently did a Refresh and am almost finished downloading programs I want to reinstall I really want to avoid redoing that Update error 8024402F & cannot create a restore point again mainly because I only have a G internet connection which is slow and very expensive I have worked through the night on fixing these problems and will keep pushing because I have work to do and Update error 8024402F & cannot create a restore point need my laptop running smoothly HELP Am searching the net now to learn how to re-install windows update nbsp NoRestorePoint jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Thanks Robert

A:Update error 8024402F & cannot create a restore point

Hi All,

The problem is fixed.     

After trying all the fixes I could find on the net I decided I had to reinstall Windows 8.1. I luckily found a site with instructions on how to do a non-destructive reinstall, exactly what I needed.

Lots of windows info to be found there. For anybody interested:

https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-8-and-8-1.html

Cheers,
Robert

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568427/update-error-8024402f-cannot-create-a-restore-point/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am operating xp home edition and everytime I try to install any program I get this error message as the title states.

"Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied"

I am able to access %TEMP% but cannot touch add or delete anything in that folder. It says Cannot delete "name of file". Access is denied. Make sure the drive is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
What is causing this error?

A:"Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied"

See comments (but do not follow suggestions) at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...b9-23ef1a9b8314.I will move this to a more appropriate forum that can assist you .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345601/unable-to-create-a-temporary-file-setup-aborted-error-5-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 69.66%

In SAP portal we are running reports.
With IE8 we export a report to excel and then change the layout of the report and export the same report again. Every time we export the report to excel we get the another version of the filename. The first time ReportBudger is made and then ReportBudget
(1), ReportBudget (2) and so on.
We have upgraded to IE11. But now with IE11 the version of the files are not consequently incremented. So we get the errors: "File with the same name already exists" and "Unable to read file".
With Firefox it works also properly. We do not have that problem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6863a4f2-e41f-4669-9cde-9d615230ebbc/ie-11-do-not-create-another-filename-version-when-export-to-excel-error-unable-to-read-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 69.66%

Greetings I have been directed to post here from the quot Am I infected quot forum My previous thread is located here My Windows Vista -bit has been unable to update for over two months Windows Update has tried to install the latest Definition Updates for Windows Defender but has experienced a Code C error each time I do not access the Certain Flooding Explorer Random Windows Websites, Internet Access (8024402C), Pop-Up Update To Error Unable internet through Windows Update Error (8024402C), Unable To Access Certain Websites, Random Internet Explorer Pop-Up Flooding a proxy and setting quot Automatically detect LAN settings quot in Internet Explorer did not resolve the problem It seems I am unable to access selected websites Firefox cannot find the servers at download microsoft com and www yahoo com even though these sites work fine on other computers using the same home network At times IE also attempts to flood my screen with pop-ups pointing to a broken non-URL most often when I re-log into Vista after waking up my computer from Sleep mode I paste DDS and attach Attach ark the requested logs below Thank you for your help in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Severan at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Windows System WLTRYSVC EXEC Windows System bcmwltry exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Users Severan Programs SAS SASCORE EXEC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Windows runservice exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NicConfigSvc exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin WavXDocMgr exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows V Mon exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Windows sy... Read more

A:Windows Update Error (8024402C), Unable To Access Certain Websites, Random Internet Explorer Pop-Up Flooding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/415180 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415180/windows-update-error-8024402c-unable-to-access-certain-websites-random-internet-explorer-pop-up-flooding/
Relevancy 68.37%

My problems are essentially those expressed in many previous posts but specifically this one here was most pertinent aside from the specific updates of course Win x - Unable to Update Error b Here is a list of the updates that are giving me trouble Important LIST Security Update for Windows for x -based Multiple Win7 / Failures to Error x64 Unable Update, Update 800b010 - Systems KB Optional but I am pretty sure I need a couple of them to fix other non-Win issues Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB I too have followed all the steps mentioned in the post I have cited and have attached the same documentation as well in hopes of expediting a solution Ultimately my Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010 hope was that some kind soul would be willing Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010 and able to provide a customized solution similar to what the previous poster CoolStory received Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010 from the user niemiro Thanks in advance and will be sure to check back shortly

A:Multiple Update Failures / Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b010

From the SFC report, it looks like it found a couple of errors in the .NET 3.5 installation - and fixed them (together with a faulty bmp file)
Have you also run a CHKDSK? - often a random error can indicat file system problems, so it would be worth running CHKDSK C: /R and seeing if that helps.

Niemiro hopefully will be around later to assist - but there's nothing in your reports that suggests anything specific he can do.s

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212429-multiple-update-failures-win7-x64-unable-update-error-800b010.html
Relevancy 67.51%

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

A:Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Thanks in advance for your assistance on this.

Updates had not been running for a while so I decided to start figuring out why when I could not install Quickbooks.

Went thru all posts everywhere to try to fix the issue to no avail.

Always end up with update failure 0x80070002, and then if I go to shutdown it attempts to install 3 updates which end up failing every time.

1) Just ran SURT which appears to have unsuccessfully installed an update, because i ran it again and it did the same exact install which leads me to believe it didnt work last time.

2) Tried to run SFC every which way to Sunday, online, offline, with options, without, from two different Win 7 Pro Sp1 DVD's, always ends up failing saying reboot or system repair pending.

3) Only get error code 0X80070002

4) attached cbs log

Please let me know if there is any way to avoid a repair install or clean install

A:update error 80070002 unable to fix

Your CheckSUR log shows the following problems...

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2884256~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.cat
I'll post a fix when I can - but it probably won't be until Saturday afternoon.
Shout if you haven't heard by then!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/321044-update-error-80070002-unable-fix.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there,
I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
I have found myself unable to update with the following updates:
KB980232
KB981332

I have already run sfc /scannow and Readiness Tool - but with no luck.
I am attaching CheckSur.log and sfcdetails.txt.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unable to Update error 800b0100

2 Things I found.

1) If you have Antivirus software installed uninstall it and get all the window updates. Then re-install antivirus software.

2) 800B0100 Windows Vista Error

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/84295-unable-update-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have been having problems installing 8 updates since early May 2012. I am getting the error code in the title line.

The updates are:

[LIST][*]Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596672)[*]Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596792)[*]Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596880)[*]Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597162)[*]Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597969)[*]Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2597161)[*]Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2596917)[*]Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2687267)

I have run FixIt, but to no avail. I have also turned off services and rebooted and ran Windows Update and still got this error.

Do I need to just skip these updates, or somehow troubleshoot this and fix it. If I need to fix it, I need help.

Regards, and thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296706-error-code-80070658-windows-update-encountered-unknown-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All

Some of our client machine(Windows7) is not taking update from WSUS server. When we verified the WindowsUpdate logs, we could see that WU client version is changed to 7.6.7600.256 from 7.5.7601.17514.Our WSUS server is running with version WSUS 3.0 SP1 on windows 2003 server. So we suspect this may be the reason windows 7 machines is getting the error message 'Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x800b0001' when it try to get the update from WSUS server.

So please suggest any steps to change the WU client version on windows 7 back to 7.5.7601.17514

Please find the attached log file.

A:Getting the error Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x800b0001

Hi this is about your error Error code when you try to use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates: "0x800B0001"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-the-error-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x800b0001-658345.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I was given an HP Compaq Presario C that was headed for the Update 80070017 Error Windows unknown an encountered / error code garbage because it would not connect to the internet After running several scans ESET online scanner came up clean Installed Microsoft Security Essentials and installed SP and can't get it to install SP I keep getting error code Windows Update encountered an unknown error I would prefer to reformat but Recovery Manager restarts back into Windows and I Error code 80070017 / Windows Update encountered an unknown error have no disks Can provide a long list of what has been done if needed including WU Modules Normal Mode and WU Components fixes Permissions point in every which way but the correct way Any help would be much appreciated Free space is presently GB of GB on C Drive started out with GB's free space and GB free of GB on Presario RP D Specs as follows Vista Home Basic Intel Error code 80070017 / Windows Update encountered an unknown error R Celeron R MCPU GHz GHz MB RAM -bit OS Denied access to the CBS folder itself though can access CheckSUR log which I am including Error code 80070017 / Windows Update encountered an unknown error along with sfcdetails Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Deployment Packages Checking Package Manifests and catalogs Checking package watchlist Checking component watchlist Checking packages Checking component store Summary Seconds executed No errors detected Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI ReadFile Failed x winsxs x microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f cca f wcp dll x microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f cca f f CSI Payload File Corrupt x wcp dll x microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f cca f Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI ReadFile Failed Total count CSI Payload File Corrupt Total count Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Deployment Packages Checking Package Manifests and catalogs Checking package watchlist Checking component watchlist Checking packages Checking component store Summary Seconds executed No errors detected Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI ReadFile Failed x winsxs x microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f cca f wcp dll x microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f cca f f CSI Payload File Corrupt x wcp dll x microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none f cca f Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI ReadFile Failed Total count CSI Payload File Corrupt Total count - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI a SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI b SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI d SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI f SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI a SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI b SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI d SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI f SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI S... Read more

A:Error code 80070017 / Windows Update encountered an unknown error

Checking Component Store
(f) CSI ReadFile Failed 0x00000017 winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_07289f4cca5f6990\wcp.dll x86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_07289f4cca5f6990
(f) CSI Payload File Corrupt 0x00000000 wcp.dll x86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_07289f4cca5f6990

You have corrupted C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_07289f4cca5f699
folder thus this issue with updates ,I'm not fully sure it's only issue with wcp.dll or with full folder.For precaution I recommend replace all files in this folder.

How to fix:

1.First prepare special recovery disk Create a Recovery Disc
and make sure boot order in your BIOS is CD-ROM,C,A
(if you don't know how to to do that then check your computer manual)

2.Download attached to post FixPacks.zip file -in zip file is packed Packs folder -you have to unpack it and place directly on C: exactly as I show below:

Click this bar to view the full image.
3.Boot burned special recovery disk (if you don't have Vista DVD instead use special recovery disk )
Choose language>>Repair Computer>>WinRE>>command prompt

and type:

robocopy C:\Packs C:\ /E /IS

press ENTER

del C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\*.*

press ENTER

4.Back to your system and run Readiness Tool again.
5.Try install SP2 from Microsoft Download Center Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - ALL Language Standalone (KB948465)

(not from Windows Update)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING
If my commands return any error then probably you have OS not on first parttion and you have to change drive letter in my commands,in this case you have to check parttions status in diskmgmt.msc (not in explorer).Please let me know if something goes wrong.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/283889-error-code-80070017-windows-update-encountered-unknown-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hiya this problem started when I encountered quot generic host process for win services has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I figured I could have a virus or something so I rebooted to run generic BSOD error|safemode update host error|windows some scans in safe mode Problem is when I attempted to go into safe mode it flashed the blue screen and reset Also this happens when I try and disable auto reset on BSOD so I just don t change it quot -System control panel applet- if the page file on volume C has an initial size of less then megabytes then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs Continue anyways quot After the reset I was given options I haven t seen before quot Windows generic host error|windows update error|safemode BSOD XP professional quot - gt everything starts normally and quot Windows default quot - gt gives me generic host error|windows update error|safemode BSOD a quot hal dll is corrupted quot error I did my scans on normal windows since safemode is giving me BSOD and I didn t find any viruses mal spyware I used these for scanning Microsoft security essentials malwarebytes and spybot After some google searches I tried to update windows via www indowsupdate com but recieved an error message like I didn t have the internet I read somewhere to add it to the quot trusted websites quot and I did but didn t change anything Also from the searches I was redirected a few times so I think I have the google redirect virus Whenever I have this url spelt correctly I recieve a quot cannot access remote server quot error on posting previewing thread Help please nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have been having some recurring problems with the attempts to install some automatic windows updates Security Update for Microsoft Office Acess Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook Junk Email Filter I am not able to install these updates maybe any other updates in general After attempting the install the following install window says quot Windows Update encountered an unknown Code 80070643, Windows error, Update 7 install Error can't updates. error quot Next to it an error code Microsoft Error Code 80070643, Windows 7 Update error, can't install updates. provides a solution to the problem by re-installing Microsoft NET Framework They also provide a link to the program NET Framework cleanup Error Code 80070643, Windows 7 Update error, can't install updates. tool that enables you to uninstall NET Framework and it s components I followed Microsoft s instructions to solve Error Code 80070643, Windows 7 Update error, can't install updates. the issue though I ve been put at a standstill I have used the NET Framework Cleanup tool to uninstall NET Framework and it s components states that it uninstalls all versions SP Then afterwards instructed to reinstall NET Framework specifically in an order then then SP I start with then as the installation starts it says that to contiunue installation I must turn off or on windows features in the Control Panel I do so and turn off all Windows features Then continue and it again states to turn off features in the Control Panel I wasn t able to continue the process and I am also concerned that this is the same error that made me unable to install Microsoft Security Essentials as this is the same error and I am sure that something is wrong with my version of NET Framework Please help me resolve this issue it s been pissing me off nbsp

A:Error Code 80070643, Windows 7 Update error, can't install updates.

Hello?
Waiting for a day no one seems to be replying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-80070643-windows-7-update-error-cant-install-updates.939844/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have been getting error x f whenever I attempted to install the windows 0x8007001f bu caused can update soft Windows error 10 link. - be error anniversary Windows 10 update error 0x8007001f - error can be caused bu soft link. update I went through most post suggestions for fixing this error What I found I have not seen posted before I have one of those Dells XPS similar to Alienware which has the system on a SSD and a second conventional HHD for data This configuration if unchanged still places user data such as Documents on the smaller SSD In order to have all user data put on the larger HHD I defined a soft symbolic link from Windows 10 update error 0x8007001f - error can be caused bu soft link. the SSD to the HHD for the Users directory This worked great until my computer attempted to install the anniversary update of windows I kept getting the x f error no matter what I tried That is until I restored the original Users directory on the SSD After that the update went through just fine After the update I relinked the Users directory and everything came up as before but with the windows update installed If you have linked the users directory as I did just unlink see below and the update should go through Notes The mklink command is used to define the symbolic link It should be run from an administrator command prompt mklink d Users D Users Rename the original Users directory on C before defining the link If you did not then you will have to copy the Users directory from D to C after deleting the link then delete and relink after the windows update To delete the link just do an quot rmdir Users quot from administrator command prompt while in directory C As far as I'm concerned this lack of ability to use a symbolic link is a bug in the windows installer I wouldn't hold my breath until it is fixed though The anniversary update is the only one which seems to choke on a symbolic link Other updates before it went through ok

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/443289-windows-10-update-error-0x8007001f-error-can-caused-bu-soft-link.html
Relevancy 65.36%

How can I resolve this common problem I have... unknown error during install of Windows Service Pack SP1 update ? I had to restore my older notebook to factory status and now this important update won't complete the install due to this error code. I also
can't update Internet Explorer browser from version 8. Can somebodey help me with these issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44aadb0a-b97e-43fd-a4b4-a29b06fc6b46/how-to-resolve-error-0x80070570-unknown-error-during-install-of-windows-service-pack-sp1-update-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Sitefinity project I am developing that has been dashboard Update System.Web.HttpCompileException - Windows accessing KB3098779 500 Error - Error Sitefinity following working fine until a few weeks ago After a round of Windows updates I would get a error everytime I tried to access the Dashboard or any Error following Windows Update KB3098779 - 500 Error accessing Sitefinity dashboard - System.Web.HttpCompileException other backend page The login worked but the desired page always failed whether running in VS or published and run from IIS The production site hosted on WS R remained trouble free but the issues affects development on my Windows box I confirmed the error was caused by Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework and on Windows and Windows Server R x -based Systems KB Removing the update resolved the issue Once a week every week since the Error following Windows Update KB3098779 - 500 Error accessing Sitefinity dashboard - System.Web.HttpCompileException update is reinstalled automatically without me being able to stop it The error Error following Windows Update KB3098779 - 500 Error accessing Sitefinity dashboard - System.Web.HttpCompileException reappears every time this update is automatically reinstalled Log file details Message HandlingInstanceID fbe e - - -bbec-cfc d c An exception of type 'System Web HttpCompileException' occurred and was caught ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type System Web HttpCompileException System Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b f f f d a a Message External component has thrown an exception Source System Web Help link Results System CodeDom Compiler CompilerResults SourceCode WebEventCode ErrorCode - Data System Collections ListDictionaryInternal TargetSite System CodeDom Compiler CompilerResults Compile HResult - Stack Trace nbsp nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation AssemblyBuilder Compile nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation BuildProvidersCompiler PerformBuild nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation BuildManager CompileWebFile VirtualPath virtualPath nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation BuildManager GetVPathBuildResultInternal VirtualPath virtualPath Boolean noBuild Boolean allowCrossApp Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile Boolean throwIfNotFound Boolean ensureIsUpToDate nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation BuildManager GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert HttpContext context VirtualPath virtualPath Boolean noBuild Boolean allowCrossApp Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile Boolean throwIfNotFound Boolean ensureIsUpToDate nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation BuildManager GetVirtualPathObjectFactory VirtualPath virtualPath HttpContext context Boolean allowCrossApp Boolean throwIfNotFound nbsp nbsp at System Web Compilation BuildManager CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath VirtualPath virtualPath Type requiredBaseType HttpContext context Boolean allowCrossApp nbsp nbsp at Telerik Sitefinity Web UI ControlUtilities CompileControl String virtualPath nbsp nbsp at Telerik Sitefinity Web UI ControlUtilities LoadControl String virtualPath Page page nbsp nbsp at Telerik Sitefinity Web UI VirtualPathTemplate InstantiateIn Control container PlaceHoldersCollection placeHolders nbsp nbsp at Telerik Sitefinity Web UI SimpleView CreateContainer ITemplate template nbsp nbsp at Telerik Sitefinity Web UI SimpleView get Container nbsp nbsp at Telerik Sitefinity Web UI SimpleView CreateChildControls nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control EnsureChildControls nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Control PreRenderRecursiveInternal nbsp nbsp at System Web UI Page ProcessRequestMain Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f23f2cc0-9e93-4170-ba2b-9659c5ad1511/error-following-windows-update-kb3098779-500-error-accessing-sitefinity-dashboard-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

Sorry to everyone.This report is an mistake. The PC which is fixed by Combofix is very well.The new problem PC is another.After all of steps in Thunder's post, WindowsUpdate is fixed.But My Neighborhood still can't work.I try to set another PC's IP as 192.168.0.1, and myself PC's IP as 192.168.0.2.Then ping 192.168.0.1, there is no request sent back.But when I ping my PC from another PC(ping 192.168.0.2), it's work.I can see my share folder from another PC, but can't see another PC on my PC.I try to reinstall network card driver, but no help.My PC can use PPPoE to connect Internet now.My system is WinXP-SP3How can I FIX this ?Thanx for help....

A:After "Windows Update error 80244019; DNS address 85.255.112.107, How to fix my Windows Update Error"

This report is an mistake.Thank you for letting us know. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.In case you experience any problems with the computer, please Start a new topic.Happy computing,Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195023/after-windows-update-error-80244019;-dns-address-85255112107-how-to-fix-my-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys,
I have tried everything I found online and failed. I don't wanna do a clean install. I have attached the CheckSur.log. Please help.

A:Windows update error 80070002 and System restore error (Both)

I was getting that same error - and saying "cannot search for updates".

I tried the Fixit tool and command prompts - suggested by Microsoft - nothing worked.

I finally called Microsoft - 1 - 800 - Microsoft and they did a remote on my comp and the problem is solved, at least for now.

There is no charge for this service.

As for System Restore, make sure you have set a Restore Point.
Go to Start and type system restore.
Go to " Create a restore point".

See if your C drive says "on" and if not click Configure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/309131-windows-update-error-80070002-system-restore-error-both.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When i try to 800F0900 Error update error windows 800B0100 and code install my windows update Error code 800F0900 and 800B0100 windows update error i always get both error code F and B i tried installing the updates manually used MS Fix it and the system update readiness tool I use sfc scannow and it says No integrity violations found Still error Can anyone help I have uploaded my CBS zipfile to googledrive http tinyurl com ogyfd y Since datahost is not working and attached the sfc text file overhere Hope you guys can help me solve it This is my Farbar scan Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Finance Server administrator on - - at Running from C Users Finance Server Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log

A:Error code 800F0900 and 800B0100 windows update error

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

Please post the results in your topic.  Do not use a host website to post this.  If the information needs to be downloaded I will not do this.  I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it contains.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590867/error-code-800f0900-and-800b0100-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I haven't used my desktop in forever about yrs and finally decided to hook it up to my tv After a little bit of funds and assistance I finally got it working Anyhoo at one time I had itunes downloaded Now I can't find it in Programs I can find a couple of files titled itunes music and itunes music library in one of the users on error (re)download itunes installer update error windows and this comp but when trying to open these files I receive these errors itunes music - Application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is itunes (re)download error and windows update installer error incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail itunes music library - Opens up in a new window of html log I researched and found to uninstall and then reinstall itunes and Quicktime I can't find itunes in Programs I tried to download itunes and receive this error Could not access network location APPDATA I researched this error and found to download update to Windows Vista then download itunes and Quicktime afterwards I tried to download and received this error Installer encountered and error x The specified service does not exist as an installed device Can I find these drivers somewhere or what should my next steps be fyi-I don't have the cds that came with computer but I might itunes (re)download error and windows update installer error be able to borrow one if needed

A:itunes (re)download error and windows update installer error

Please download Farbar Service Scanner, save it to your desktop, and run it.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485728/itunes-redownload-error-and-windows-update-installer-error/
Relevancy 64.93%

When i try to install my windows update i always get both error code F and B i tried installing the updates manually used MS Fix it and the system update readiness tool I use sfc scannow and it says quot No integrity violations found quot Still error Can anyone help I have uploaded my CBS zipfile to googledrive CBS rar - Google Drive Since datahost is not working and attached 800B0100 Error and windows update code error 800F0900 the sfc text file overhere I have tried Windows Update Troubleshooter then tried windows update again and a Error code 800F0900 and 800B0100 windows update error new error Code appear Hope you guys can help me solve it This is my Farbar scan Error code 800F0900 and 800B0100 windows update error Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Finance Server administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Finance Server Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Error code 800F0900 and 800B0100 windows update error Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender quot DisableAntiSpyware quot DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381697-error-code-800f0900-800b0100-windows-update-error.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Pentium MH running Windows XP SP- When I trie and save a file from the command prompt using an MESSAGE CMD.EXE ERROR file" is to access or create the "Edit specified unable application CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file" such as a text editor or word processor dos based I received the above message There is a box from MS Edit with buttons quot retry quot quot cancel quot quot help quot I clicked on help and this information was displayed Edit is unable to create or access the specified file which might be due to the following reasons You may be trying to CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file" create or write to a file on a drive that is read-only such as a CD-ROM or a read-only network drive You may be trying to overwrite a file that is read-only You may be trying to access a file that is locked by another user or program You may be trying to read or write to a directory name The situation is this I can only save a file if I rename that file using save as I ve made sure that this happens with or without long file names I CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file" ve have hard drive installed and the same thing happens on all the drives and in root and sub directories I ve used different DOS based programs in CMD EXE console including MS Edit Wordperfect and PEDIT among others all showing the same behavior There is no problem in Windows based programs I have not changed my environment variables etc The behavior was sudden and it s still continuing I must rename the file in order for it to be saved then copy it at the prompt to the file name that I really want I ve never seen this behavior I have ran an antivirus program AVG among others with no hits I have reset the command console to its default settings with no results It cannot be the drive as this behavior is across all three hard drive internal and external I hope you can help I have a sinking feeling I will have to repair the installation of Windows XP or worse yet reinstall I uses my command console all the time for a lot of small but important things Thank you for whatever you can come up with fhamilton nbsp

A:CMD.EXE ERROR MESSAGE "Edit is unable to create or access the specified file"

You need to enclose the entire path and file name in quotes if there are any spaces in the path or file name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmd-exe-error-message-edit-is-unable-to-create-or-access-the-specified-file.669852/
Relevancy 64.93%

Let me start off my saying I've installed this exact copy of windows 7 before on this computer with no problems and it worked for years. I'm trying to install Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version when I run into this message "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition." So I search and find a solution in these forums (Setup was unable to create a new system partition) I do that but I get stuck on "format fs=ntsf". I'm getting a message error saying "The arguments specified for this command are not valid." What do I do? I googled but found several different answers and didn't fully understand some if them. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Error message of "Setup was unable to create a new system partition"

Your syntax is off:

Commands are

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

If this isn't enough start at the top of Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

If those steps fail then test your hard drive with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by Disk Check done from the installer Command Line on a full disk partition your create.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339605-error-message-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I have domain user account, with user home folder located on samba share.
When I try to make new folder into my home folder i got following error:
Unable to create folder "New folder" File system error (65535).

or

An unexcpected error is keeping you from creating the folder. If you continue to recieve this error, you can use the error code to search help with this problem.
Error 0x8000FFFF: Chatastrophic Failure.

However the folder is being created. How to solve it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595846/unable-to-create-the-folder-new-folder-file-system-error-65535/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Just spent the last hours trying to install a fresh Win system create error to was new no unable partition" "setup log on my pc I used Ubuntu before "setup was unable to create new system partition" no error log and "setup was unable to create new system partition" no error log formated the drive from GParted in Ubuntu I'm running into the error quot setup was unable to create a new system partition "setup was unable to create new system partition" no error log or locate an existing system partition quot I have tried Running through this DiskPart lt ENTER gt list disk lt ENTER gt select disk lt ENTER gt clean lt ENTER gt create partition primary align lt ENTER gt format fs ntfs lt ENTER gt Will Take a While assign lt ENTER gt active lt ENTER gt exit lt ENTER gt exit lt ENTER gt Switched to a different ISO to test if the first one was corrupted or something Fiddled with all sorts of USB settings boot settings etc Tried that trick of removing the USB stick and putting it back in before choosing which drive to install on Tried load the ISO to USB with both Windows USB Loader tool and Rufus AND on top of all this I can't access the setuperr log file since I get quot Access Denied quot trying to open it The drive is an SSD with gb capacity that's all I know about it without opening up the whole body I'll be bald if this continous Pulling my hair like an idiot over this Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396823-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition-no-error-log.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Please help i get the error reading from file message, apparently there isn't any solution mentioned for vista users.

A:Unable to Update Java - Error 1101

Hello hemants

Go here

Click the ?Download? button and you will soon get an option to verify your installation.

When you click on the ?Download? button a check is run to see which version you have. If you do not have the latest one the download will start and install it for you too. If you do have the latest you will be told so and no download will start.

If you have to install an update, after the EULA there is a page with
Google Toolbar and Google Desktop (I can`t remember if it is Google or Yahoo) checked for downloading, so watch for this and uncheck the boxes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-update-java-error-1101-a-288569.html
Relevancy 64.5%

This is for niemiro. Starting a new thread for my particular issue. Here is the CheckSUR log.

Thanks

A:Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b0100

* Did you check in Event Viewer for errors?

* You could try downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft download site.
Save on your hard disk.
Install by double clicking on them.

* Some trouble shooting links for you to peruse -

Windows Update - Reset

Windows Update error 800B0100

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/155876-win7-x64-unable-update-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and after my first update I found that it could not update this KB.

I've tried following the help links. I downloaded the Readiness tool, no luck there...

Its a clean install of windows so I dont have anything on the machine...

A:Unable to Update KB978207 error 800b0100

Quote: Originally Posted by CloudX

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and after my first update I found that it could not update this KB.

I've tried following the help links. I downloaded the Readiness tool, no luck there...

Its a clean install of windows so I dont have anything on the machine...

Vista, my response to that error code (800b0100) would be to temp disable your firewall. Don't know if it's the same with 7...

http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/07/06...rror-800b0100/

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64868-unable-update-kb978207-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Help!! My system is Windows 7 64bit Enterprise edtion
I've tried the System Update Readiness Tool
rename the SoftwareDistribution folder
manually download and install KB2079403
Windows Fix It, reset Windows Update
Disable Windows Firewall and Avira AntiVir
Neither of these worked...
What else could solve my problem

A:Unable to update KB2079403 due to error 800B0100

How to resolve Windows Vista Update error 800B0100 – Simple Help

Unable to Update error 800b0100

I think that one of these may work. Look at link 2 and the poster Bill in particular

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/104537-unable-update-kb2079403-due-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Problem updates Cumulative Error Update, 800b0100 Unable to x64 - Win7 Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB Windows Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Followed these steps Run cmd exe with administrative privileges right click on cmd exe as admin and type sfc scannow when it finish type following command findstr c quot SR quot windir Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b0100 logs cbs cbs log gt userprofile Desktop sfcdetails txt on your desktop appear sfcdetails txt file Run Readiness Tool Download details System Update Readiness Tool for Windows for x -based Systems KB January this tool create CheckSur log file in C Windows Logs CBS folder Still cannot update and Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b0100 gives same B error I have also tried downloading the updates manually and installing them That was a no go too Please help

A:Win7 x64 - Unable to Update, Error 800b0100

Hello and welcome to the SevenForums!

Excellent work by yourself! Really excellent! This has also allowed me to miss out all of the normal stuff, and skip straight to a fix designed specifically for your computer!

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@CoolStory: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Manifests.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Thanks!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/155225-win7-x64-unable-update-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I've researched this but it's confusing....I get that message and then "please reinstall Microsoft XML core services 4.0 v.2 or higher"

Can someone tell me EXACTLY the process for installing that stuff? I downloaded the stuff I was told to, but it's a lot of different files, not sure where to put them, or how to install them, etc.

It would be appreciated- thanks!

A:Solved: Nero 9 giving error message: "unable to create XML parser instance"

You need not worry about "where to put them" as any installation routine will automatically put the files in the right place.
You were directed to the wrong place so delete what you downloaded from there.

Now you just need to know where to get what your PC says it needs:

For Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 SP3 go here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15697

Just click the download button to the right of msxml.msi (the first of the three download options).
You'll end up with just one file to deal with.
Double click that file to install.

That should fix the nero error, hopefully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nero-9-giving-error-message-unable-to-create-xml-parser-instance.1026658/
Relevancy 64.5%

I get this error at computer start up after I uninstalled a game and updated adobe. I tried restarting and it wont fix itself. The font for most of my stuff is all weird and either bold, italicized, or just not normal. How do I fix?

A:"unable to create font arial" error

i itreid closing everythign and restarting a few tims,I still got my computers font all messed up for most of my programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-create-font-arial-error-433810.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone not sure why but I get an error every time I open the System Restore I rarely have to use a restore point as I regularly maintain my computer and check for viruses and malware but I would like to have the option just in case When I open System Properties and click the System Protection tab I get this error and am unable to create a Restore Point Attached is a screenshot and a DxDiag System Restore Error, Create Points to Unable Restore txt Any insight to this problem would be helpful perhaps I have some windows feature disabled that I might need enabled I am not sure I recently did a complete System Restore Error, Unable to Create Restore Points reformat of my hard drive and a fresh install of Windows maybe two months ago and somewhere along the line I must have removed disabled something I need for System Restore Even third party maintenance software is unable to create restore points such as TuneUp Utilities AVG Internet Security and UVK I'm sure the fix for this is simple I am just unaware of it Thanks in advance

A:System Restore Error, Unable to Create Restore Points

You have Tuneup Utilities? Have you looked at this?

System Restore Error 0x81000203 (Below solution at end of this mesage did not work)

Here is some other info as well including the Turbo mode problem

System Restore Error Code: 0x81000203 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/337903-system-restore-error-unable-create-restore-points.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi - I m not getting Windows Update to run HP p f Windows -bit OS When I go to shutdown the shutdown button has an orange shield that indicates it wants to update If I go to Windows Error 8024DFFE 7 Error, Update Windows Code Update and and say quot Check for Updates quot it tells me to Install new Windows Update software I press Install Now and get quot windows could not search for new updates Error found Code DFFE Windows Update encountered an unknown error quot When I press quot Windows 7 Update Error, Error Code 8024DFFE Get Help with this error quot I select Windows Update Troubleshooter which opens a Diagnostics Troubleshooting Wizard which opens quot Window Update find and fix problems with Windows Update quot which runs a repeating cycle of Detecting problems collecting files checking registry Resolving problems Windows 7 Update Error, Error Code 8024DFFE over and over until it finishes eventually saying that it was not able to fix all the problems In particular is a new quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P quot I attach the picture I ve done this a bunch of times including rebooting to see if that matters This happened a week ago and the same thing happened as in the preceding paragraph except that afterward - even though it gave all the same error codes - the Windows Update successfully ran I found a suggestion on a MS Windows site to run in an administrator s Dos window sfc SCANNOW which takes a long time to run and I did so and it found nothing and still the problem exists I found a note from a Google search that said to do something with my firewall but I couldn t understand it I use Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall I ll monitor this post and will do my best to stay on top of proposed solutions I always appreciate the help I get here Many thanks in advance Doug nbsp

A:Windows 7 Update Error, Error Code 8024DFFE

Hi. Firstly, thanks for the info. I had encountered the same problem with windows update error 8024DFFE on my Acer 4830, Win7 64bit 2 days ago and was trying to find a solution online without any success. But then I came across ur post and realized that I have a similar configuration as you. I also uses comodo firewall and avast antivirus. This led me to think that either one of them is the problem. I disable the firewall and can now check for updates. How that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-update-error-error-code-8024dffe.204838/
Relevancy 64.5%

When i try to search for new updates on windows update i get this error code : 800F0900.
I have used MS Fix it and the system update readiness tool. Still error. Can anyone help?

I saw in a old post somebody used the CheckSUR.persist.log to fix it. I can upload mine if needed

A:Error Code 800F0900 Windows Update Error

Hi to BleepingComputer,

Let's see what we can find...

Check Windows System files integrity
open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
type the following command and press Enter:
sfc /scannow
Note: This may take some time to finish.if it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" them do this:
In the command prompt window, type or Copy & Paste the following:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Close the command prompt.
Attach to your post the sfcdetails.txt file that was just placed on your Desktop
You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like

Check some windows critical services...
Farbar Service Scanner (FSS)
Download Farbar Service Scanner and save the file to the Desktop.
Run FSS
Check all the options
click Scan
Post the generated log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550796/error-code-800f0900-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there guys!

I've noticed you have helped people before having the same issue I am. When trying to running windows updates (service pack 1) I am getting the 800B0100 error. I have tried all the "Microsoft" fixes (FixIt, SUR tool etc), but no luck. I have run the sfc /scannow and have the CBS log (although I have no idea what it all means). Can anyone help me find a fix please????

Many Thanks,

Mezworth

A:Windows 7 Update error when installing SP1 error 800b0100

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334443-windows-7-update-error-when-installing-sp1-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I am attempting to install a Windows Update for Service Pack and cannot do so I'm running Windows Ultimate x bit and need the Service Pack to run a couple programs I cannot run without it - namely Dolphinx netplay That being beside the Error installing Windows while 80070490 error Update, point I have attempted to run the ISO file downloaded from the Microsoft website and have attempted using the online Windows Update in my system I also tried manually upgrading my Windows using a x Windows ISO install file and selecting quot upgrade quot but it didn't let me because I quot can't upgrade a -bit system to a -bit system quot and quot can't upgrade a -bit system to a -bit system quot I got both of these errors at the same time - so that's a dunce I also used the System Update Readiness Tool found at Fix Windows corruption Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool and it didn't work either As stated in the title the error code is Attached is the CBS zip file asked for in the instructions for posting I couldn't copy the CBS log file -- and all the times I attempted to take ownership didn't work If required I will try again to get it For the time being I used an elevated command prompt to open the CBS log via notepad with a notepad command and copied all contents into a Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 notepad and included that with my rar I also ran sfc scannow before uploading this all so that has been done as well Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance I'm Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490 going to be checking on this thread a lot throughout the night until about - A M PST hours or so So feel free to respond and check back often I'll be responding a lot

A:Error while installing Windows Update, error 80070490

SFC managed to do some significant repairs ...

Code:
Line 20851: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000470 [SR] Repairing 12 (0x000000000000000c) components
Line 20852: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000471 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 20855: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000473 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 20858: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000475 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"user32.dll" from store
Line 20859: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000476 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:18{9}]"slmgr.vbs" from store
Line 20860: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000477 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:18{9}]"slmgr.vbs" from store
Line 20863: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 00000479 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"uxtheme.dll" from store
Line 20866: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047b [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:20{10}]"user32.dll" from store
Line 20869: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047d [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:34{17}]"ExplorerFrame.dll" from store
Line 20872: 2014-11-10 20:47:03, Info CSI 0000047f [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:18{9}]"slwga.dll" from store
Line 20875: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000481 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"themeui.dll" from store
Line 20878: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000483 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:18{9}]"slwga.dll" from store
Line 20881: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000485 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:26{13}]"systemcpl.dll" from store
Line 20884: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000487 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:32{16}]"themeservice.dll" from store
Line 20887: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 00000489 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 20888: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 0000048a [SR] This component was referenced by [l:266{133}]"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7600.16385.Windows Foundation Language Pack"
Line 20893: 2014-11-10 20:47:04, Info CSI 0000048d [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:60{30},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US"\[l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui"; source file in store is also corru... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351867-error-while-installing-windows-update-error-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I just noticed that all the important recommended updates for my computer are failing for some time The updates relates to Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB with Error Code B Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Error details Code B checkSur results were as follows Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package installing when Windows 800b0100 7 Update SP1 error error for KB bf ad e amd cat f Windows 7 Update error when installing SP1 error 800b0100 CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB RTM bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f Windows 7 Update error when installing SP1 error 800b0100 CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-gc-win rtmtosp bf ad e none Windows 7 Update error when installing SP1 error 800b0100 a dc eb bf manifest amd microsoft-windows-gc-win rtmtosp bf ad e none a dc eb bf I tried using windows system update readiness tool but it didn't help Please help

I would recommend completing this tutorial exactly so our expert can have a look.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383078-windows-7-update-error-when-installing-sp1-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
new to this forum, my apologies if I've missed any of the conventions for posting. I have been dealing with a persistent error 800b0100 error when trying to update to service pack 1 for Windows 7 Professional. I've tried running Mircosoft FixIt in aggressive mode and have ran the SUR tool numerous times with no success. Attached is the CBS folder, there were 8 0x800F0900 errors as well as 8 0x00000000 errors in the system update readiness log. I'm very stuck as to what to do next, any help greatly appreciated!

Lets run these two

Chkdsk /F /R

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on in type CMD . Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

Type the command below

chkdsk /F /R

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/293522-windows-7-update-error-when-installing-sp1-error-800b0100.html