Windows Support Forum

RealTek/Windows 20khz Cut Off

Q: RealTek/Windows 20khz Cut Off

I have previously on a different PC recorded the stereo mix in Audacity, whilst playing a CD and would get the full frequency range of the CD. On my current PC I now get a 20khz cut off, despite changing the settings (the sample rate and bit despth) on the playback and recording devices in Windows and also in Audacity. Does anyone know why this would be, and if there is any way of correcting it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-windows-20khz-cut-off.216409/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RealTek/Windows 20khz Cut Off

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all I just got Windows Pro as a gift from a friend and installed it just a few hours ago and I noticed that I am having audio problems Basically put it's sort of random when this happens but it seems to happen when sounds play rapidly as letting a audio que play it's part will play with no popping nosies here ALC662) Audio Problems Realtek Popping Windows (Realtek is an example of me showing this by using the sound that plays when you change audio Vocaroo Voice message The first seconds are me playing the sound slow with no popping Then the sound starts popping when I change volume rapidly I also checked DPC Latency Checker and everything is running smoothly imgur the simple image sharer I have all the latest drivers installed and this happens with with no drivers I just can't seem to figure out what Windows Realtek Audio Popping Problems (Realtek ALC662) the issue is here EDIT I forgot to mention that I've tried disabling drivers removing the USB Keyboard and Mouse as well as setting the audio to CD Quality Thanks in Advance to the person who could help me with this

A:Windows Realtek Audio Popping Problems (Realtek ALC662)

What type of speaker system are you using ? Monitor with HDMI, check video card settings ? Could be conflicting driver, possibly Video card. Also mattering to speakers used, check for loose connections, something could be disturbing speakers.

Lots of reasons for popping and stuttering. Integrated card or PCI Slot Card?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/57444-windows-realtek-audio-popping-problems-realtek-alc662.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I installed the Realtek HD audio driver from the ASUS download site (P8Z68-V Pro MB) and all was well until I installed an MSI 560TI video card and let it install the Nvidia HD Audio drivers. The problem I have been chasing ever since was the Realtek HD Audio Manager popping up after the system exited extended sleep state (overnight). After much trial and tribulation and several Google Searches I concluded that the Realtek/ASUS HD Audio driver was conflicting with the Nvidia driver(s).

I did what suggested on one of the sites and that was to delete the Realtek HD Audio drivers and just let W7 install the default Microsoft drivers. Problem gone! Now I am curious, what did I give up and if I install the latest Realtek driver for W7 64-bit (v267) from the Realtek site will the Nvidia conflict return?

A:ASUS/Realtek, Latest Realtek versus default W7 Audio driver

Generally the Microsoft installed HD Audio Codec does not have all the features the motherboard vendor's sound drivers do. In most cases the actual driver is preferred and should be installed instead of the generic HD Audio Code drivers.

The NVIDIA driver is for the Video and the build in audio for HDMI audio. It should not be interferring with the PC's sound and in this case Realtek. I would uninstall the Microsoft drivers and reinstall the RealTek and see if you still have the problem. Generally a driver causes problems when exiting from sleep mode. Actually on "extended" sleep mode of overnight its really better to just shut down the system and then reboot in the morning. If you want it to be operational when you wake up, the BIOS should have an option for auto power on at whatever time you set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205579-asus-realtek-latest-realtek-versus-default-w7-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out my problem for months and months now. I even contacted Realtek but have no luck getting a reply back.

The sound and all works perfect. It's just when I try to record sound from the sound card from my computer for MSN voice clips. It doesn't detect any sound? - I have tried everything from settings to updating drivers. Updating drivers just cause my recording to not have "Stereo Mix" anymore. Also when I'm mastering a song or something it sometimes get a popping sound. I'm still wondering to this day what is the problem? Did Realtek make a crappy onboard card which can't function perfectly on the 64bit system and now avoiding it?

Anyone know what is the go?

A:Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (Realtek ALC888) - What is wrong with Realtek?

Bumpity bump!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/88818-gigabyte-ex58-ud3r-realtek-alc888-what-wrong-realtek.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Realtek realtek rtl cu wireless lan n usb network adapter problem My Spec Running Windows bit I connect to my wireless network through my laptop which has a wireless network 802.11n 2.0 problem. realtek Realtek wireless lan rtl8188cu adapter usb card installed and I get meg on a speedtest I Realtek realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter problem. have just bought realtek rtl cu wireless lan n usb network adapter to use on my Desktop running Windows bit I installed the drivers using the cd that came with the product The problem I am getting is I can only reach meg download speed using the realtek rtl cu wireless lan n usb network adapter Being the N serials I should be seeing the same speeds as my laptop Any ideas of what I should be changing or is this product faulty I downloaded the latest drivers but still the same problem I have now found another problem if I put the realtek rtl cu wireless lan n usb network adapter in my desktop and connect to my home wireless network and then do a speedtest on my laptop the speed has come down from meg to meg this little device is doing something to my wireless network Thanks Gary nbsp

A:Realtek realtek rtl8188cu wireless lan 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter problem.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

When you try that adapter on the laptop how does it behave?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-realtek-rtl8188cu-wireless-lan-802-11n-usb-2-0-network-adapter-problem.1026275/
Relevancy 40.85%

I installed Windows Enterprise today for testing purposes I did it for my father too and I was happy seeing how well it works So I did the same on my PC too but I have one serious problem I can't install the audio driver at all When I try to install it starts installing it it copies the files of the control panel and at the end I got ALC660/861. install Realtek driver for Can't Realtek error xE I was quot googleing quot this error message and everything I found was related to Windows XP SP Can't install driver for Realtek Realtek ALC660/861. or other Windows versions so it wasn't helpful So here is the list I tried -run the installer in compatibility mode the driver itself is marked as Windows x compatible but I gave it a try -try to install the driver via device manager it didn't Can't install driver for Realtek Realtek ALC660/861. work once my PC restarted I must note there are TWO High Definition Audio device in device manager I guess one of them is the videocard's HDMI driver I installed ATI driver -I expected one of them will change but both of them are still the same -I removed the drivers reset computer drivers installed back automatically -Removed the drivers reset PC start the installer No error this time But nothing happened It was looking like a successful installation compatibility mode was disabled on the installer I could choose restart now or restart later so it was looking good But on taskbar the speaker icon had that white cross in red circle mark I removed the two drivers so that was because of that but if the driver was really installed it should change Anyway I restarted the PC I got back those two cursed generic audio drivers -I tried to install older driver same result Well I'm very disappointed because of that I don't use my HD videocard's HDMI so I don't know if that works or not Where the playback devices are I can choose HDMI for playback but it is not important as I use analog jack connector for my headphones About my mainboard it is a Foxconn G According to AIDA it is Foxconn G AD G MC GC MC GZ MC P AD P MC PL MC Series - so one of them Do you need any other information Any ideas I hope no one asked about this problem already I was using the search feature but I didn't find it sorry if I was wrong about that

A:Can't install driver for Realtek Realtek ALC660/861.

Win XP drivers are not compatible with Vista/Win7/Win8. Some audio functions are handled differently in later Windows versions and the reason XP drivers will not work, or work properly.

If you can't find a driver that will work with that Foxconn motherboard you will have to install a separate PCI (or PCIeX1) sound card that is compatible.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/13210-cant-install-driver-realtek-realtek-alc660-861-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Recently staff PCs Dell OptiPlex were updated to Windows so that it could be activated and then rolled back to Windows x Pro The process itself went along without any issues upgrading and the rollback didn't have any noticeable problems either However two out of the eight OptiPlex 's have an issue where they can't connect to the network any longer now that Windows has been rolled back Model amongst all of them is the same Ethernet patch cords are good Network drops are functional Network adapter is enabled after adapter rollback Realtek Windows 7 to network 10 Windows failed device manager shows nothing wrong Loopback test works on interface Red X with no connections available on network connection icon Disabling reenabling doesn't work Uninstalling adapter along with the driver and restarting PC doesn't make a difference Using latest driver from Dell's website doesn't make a difference SFC scannow doesn't Realtek network adapter failed after Windows 10 rollback to Windows 7 show any integrity violations Powering PC off unplugging it and draining residual power doesn't have any effect IP is set by DHCP and is set to automatic just like it was before Windows troubleshooter indicates an issue failing to bind and suggests driver reinstall I'm out of ideas to try - has anyone else run into this problem or can you think of any other things I might take a look at Hate to backup and then do a fresh install but may have to

A:Realtek network adapter failed after Windows 10 rollback to Windows 7

Hello and welcome Camelonian mate are you sure you checked that driver you were updating was for the 7 64bit system?? In this Drivers & Downloads | Dell Australia I cannot find that model so where are you getting the drivers from and i am suggesting drivers because you say the device/s are ok and usually not prone to going belly up. Just a by the by you might try self detect in that site.

Now the other thing is you say staff's machines so are they on 7 Enterprise if so do you have admin privileges??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399185-realtek-network-adapter-failed-after-windows-10-rollback-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Tech Gods.

I have a Sony E series Laptop that I have reloaded Windows 7 onto it and everything was working fine except the wireless internet.
the system said driver not found. its a realtek PCIE GBE Family controler
i have found drivers for it and down loaded it but still no luck. any help would be good.
thanks
Steve

A:help please with windows 7 and realtek

Where did you download the drivers from?
What is the Full model # of your Sony Vaio E series laptop? (eg)
sve14133cn, for example.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager any devices with Yellow Flags need to have drivers installed.
Go to the Sony Drivers site Support for VAIO? Laptop & Computer : Sony India Type in or find your model# and Choose your version of Windows (eg) 64 bit or 32 bit and download the Chipset and the Wireless LAN driver and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-please-with-windows-7-and-realtek-1000818.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all! I have a problem with the new operating system .... I have a Realtek sound card built into my motherboard ASRock> N68C-S UCC. I upgraded from XP to 8 but by the end of the installation no longer works the sound card. I have updated the drivers (version 2.7) compatible for Win8 but I can not see my hardware! how do I? are in a very unpleasant situation, there is a way to manually add the device? because of the control panel research is always in vain! thanks ciaooo

A:Realtek HD Windows 8

I've seen this answered elsewhere, I think, but see:

ASRock > N68C-S UCC

This Asrock motherboard uses Via audio, not Realtek.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10372-realtek-hd-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi!!! I`m new here. I have a problem with Logitech 5.1 system. I have only 2.1 sound. I searched info all over the internet and found that installing realtek driver can help me. But I use windows 7 original drivers and I wanted to know can I realy install realtek driver not harming my computers sound? If I`ll install realtek sound driver, can I lose the sound or somthing else can go wrong? Thanks for answers

A:Windows 7 and realtek

Hi and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have Realtek onboard audio there would be no problem to install the Realtek drivers.

You also can always revert back to the Windows drivers by uninstalling the Realtek ones, restart and let Windows load the standard drivers.

MK2

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100242-windows-7-realtek.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I need some help cos I'm completely stumped with a problem that's developed on my laptop year-old Dell inspiron running Windows I was trying to capture video from my minidv cam using Windows Movie Maker but the WMM wouldnt do it I then re-installed Windows Live Essentials which includes WMM but that wasnt working either I then noticed that the little speaker icon had the red cross through it When I investigated further it turned out that my laptop was no longer Windows 7 problem Realtek + recognising the Realtek sound-card I also installed Sony Vegas AVS but windows won't let me uninstall it Here's what I tried to do to Realtek + Windows 7 problem remedy to no avail the situation so far - Tried restoring to earlier version but I wasn't running windows backup - NO JOY Tried cleaning registry with AVG and CCleaner - NO JOY Tried installing new version of Realtek driver version from their site but on reboot windows is not recognising the Realtek + Windows 7 problem sound-card Downloaded earlier Realtek driver from their site and that gives an error before the install completes In device mgr I see the yellow exclamation mark on the Realtek High Defn Audio icon and when clicked on says quot Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code quot I stumped Please help Thanks

A:Realtek + Windows 7 problem

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .... What is the Model Number of your Dell Laptop ? ...
You might have Corrupt Files .. Run a System Scan ...
The Link below will help you achieve this ...
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/350597-realtek-windows-7-problem.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey,

I was on my laptop and listening to music an hour ago that the speakers just randomly stopped working. I tried reinstalling the drivers and updating through Windows Update but nothing seems to be working.

I have no clue whats wrong. Can someone please help me??

I have Windows 7 64-bit running on a Toshiba Satellite and Realtek HD Audio driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-realtek-hd-no-sound-450859.html
Relevancy 38.7%

need help please im running windows 7 and have realtek hd audio and need to set the sterio mix so that i can sing karaoke on paltalk but i can work out how to do it can somebody help me please

A:realtek hd audio and windows 7

IF it's available in your specific versions, go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound. In the Sound Panel click on the "Recording" tab. If the System Mixer is shown, Right Click on it and Select "Set as default device". If it is NOT shown, RIGHT click in an empty space on the panel and then LEFT click on "Show Disabled Devices". If this does not show the System Mixer it means the System Mixer is not available in your RealTek driver. Check with the PC or motherboard vendor to see if there is an updated driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61344-realtek-hd-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi there everyone I would like to apologize if my thread is usless I was searching the whole forum for answers I remembered when I st installed Windows I was having the same problem but back then I found the solution on remote site with a good driver I still have that solution but it aint working The problem for me like everyone else is that I have soundcards installed on my computer to separate the music system Realtek 7 Windows (phail) vs HD games Realtek HD vs Windows 7 (phail) from my TeamSpeak Ventrilo MSN Skype so basically I like to listen to music and talk on TS at the same time but on different outputs Sound Blaster and an onboard Realtek HD Audio Gigabyte EP motherboard The problem is the following SB works realy fine input amp output works but the Realtek output headphones not making any sound I tried many solutions Realtek HD vs Windows 7 (phail) newest older drivers simple win installed driver but none of them seamed to work I ran out of options here PS This forum helped my friend a lot and I hope I can return the favor to Every help is apreciated

A:Realtek HD vs Windows 7 (phail)

Hi there forum!

Problem solved for Realtek HD Audio output sound with Windows 7!!!
I simply decided to let Windows install it's own driver for my integrated sound card...

Now I can have 5.1 sound as well as stereo...

Good luck with other problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/121947-realtek-hd-vs-windows-7-phail.html
Relevancy 38.7%

It just doesn't work, whenever there is music playing it crackles and pops. And the weird thing is it only does it when i type or when i'm playing a game. I've tried MANY different Realtek drivers, none seem to help. People seem to be having a problem with Realtek on W7 and i don't know what to do about it. Does anyone know a fix for this? its really frustrating. Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Realtek HD On Windows 7

NEVERMIND, i enabled support for USB keyboards in BIOS because i had a PS2 keyboard now everythings fine!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-realtek-hd-on-windows-7-a-406060.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
I recently bought a new HP Elite 7000.
I hear noise when I listen to music using Winamp or while I compose some music using Fruity Loops 9, but the sound is so pure when I use Windows Media Player.
The sound card's driver is already installed. (Realtek HD codec ALC888S, audio 3D compatible AC'97 Rev. 2.3)
I'm running Windows 7 Home Basic 32 bits. Any one can help me please

A:Problem with Realtek HD under Windows 7

What kind of noise? You can always check for updated drivers via the realtek website:

Realtek

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/78787-problem-realtek-hd-under-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey,

I just bought Win7 and installed today, im having alot of issues with my Realtek AC97 sound device. The mixer that was there in winXP is just gone so i cannot adjust or mix anything. Can anyone help me find an updated driver for the mixer program?

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
I have eMachine e725. Sound card is Realtek ALC272 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller. With Windows XP everything was OK, but I have a problem with Windows 7 x64.
I instaled driver given by manufacturer, but it's only Vista x64. However other drivers for Vista works perfect in Win7. I also tryed other driver's version form internet. But result was the same. But there was diffirence: with some drivers the sound bar was moving while the movie or winamp was playing, with ather the bar wasn't moving.
There is also small sound icon in lower right corner, speakers are set as default.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8552/92044625.png

Help. Anybody? Please. Desperate...

P.S. Sorry for Eglish... non native speaker

A:No sound. Realtek. Windows 7.

Give this site a try:
64bit and x64 - Realtek - 64-bit audio driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39838-no-sound-realtek-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone,

Earlier this week, I posted a request in the BSOD/Crash forum regarding problems on my Gateway 817GM Media Center running Windows 7. It was pointed out that errors were being caused by an out of date Realtek HD Audio driver, without which none of the audio devices on my computer will work.

Does anyone know where I can find an equivalent Windows 7 variant? A simple google search led to a driver that barely installed and resulted in another BSOD-- not an experience I care to repeat! Specs are listed in my profile, and thanks for the help!

A:Realtek HD Audio - Windows 7

Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads

check here for your sound drivers check that you have that mother board listed on the site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/178036-realtek-hd-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I m having an issue with my audio A sound appears to be playing but no sound is heard I ve checked the connections the sounds aren t muted although my volume control has mysteriously disappeared the device is working properly it s activated set to start automatically I m running Windows XP Service Pack and I ve attempted Realtek HD Audio Version the latest I m aware of It s not a matter of rolling back the Sound No XP Windows 2.65 sp2 Realtek device I ve done that My audio worked fine from the version Realtek 2.65 Windows XP sp2 No Sound of Realtek until months ago In the past I ve had to uninstall Realtek restart reinstall it from the disk version and restart to get the sound to last for an inconsistent time period Now I get Realtek 2.65 Windows XP sp2 No Sound nothing I ve tried removing unnecessary rd party programs running Virus Scans and finally I just uninstalled Realtek and left it alone it was freezing up the computer due to internal conflicts - freezing solved The only thing I can think of is a file replica with one of the security updates from Windows I ve Realtek 2.65 Windows XP sp2 No Sound read about it it s most likely issue I can see Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

hi,i recently installed windows 8.it already contains a sound driver and as to improve, i installed realtek driver with cd given to my pc and unistalled the previous driver which has given along with os.to update my realtek, i downloaded realtek driver compatible to my pc.while installing, it removed the older one(realtek) and failed to installed.now i tried to install the old realtek driver and showing an error 0x0000000D.now i cant install any drivers.it showing a same error while installing.please help me with that problem.i unistalled all the audio drivers still it showing the same error while installing.when i updated audio in device manager it shows that realtek driver found but encountered an error while installing it.
my motherboard is Intel G41 chipset and model is DG41RQ.
thanks in advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/24707-realtek-error-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,

Couple of days ago, I have installed Windows 7 RC x64 on my laptop(emachines e725). It's running great except the sound. There is no sound at all !!! I've tried number of drivers but nothing changed. Everything seems ok, when I check device manager and sound options. But ...

My current driver is r223 from Realtek website. You can find screenshots attached. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Realtek HD no sound - Windows 7 RC x64

Hey man, welcome to the forums!

You are not alone. Several of us have had not luck getting Realtek audio to work. One of my PC's uses ALC850, but there are not drivers for Windows 7 for ALC850. The Vista drivers do nothing.

Please do this for us though...if you do find a resolution, please make sure you come back here and let us know how you did it. We of course will do the same for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/10221-realtek-hd-no-sound-windows-7-rc-x64.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone!

Well, i?m a bit sad with my situation.
I just got from my university (MSDN) a copy of Win 7 Pro and I installed it in my notebook. But now i got a problem with my sound device.

When i used the sound driver that came with the fresh install of the windows i got some noises with the souns i was listening. Then downloaded the newest version of the driver (Vista_Win7_R236) from the realtek website. But the noise went worse!

I tried a lot o things to solve the thinks, like turning off the PC Beep, unistalling the driver and installing again, etc, but I?m still getting this friggin? noise!

I relly donpt want do go back to Vista.

Well, I hope that someone can help me!

Well, thanks folks!
CyA.

A:Realtek HD problem with Windows 7

is the noise really loud

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/36621-realtek-hd-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Greetings I m using Windows Xp with Realtek HD Audio manager Often i use Ventrillo for voice comunication which obviously requires me to use a microphone When i talk people can hear me but every single sound of my pc gets trough aswell wether the volume is low as in i can barely hear it myself or normal i XP) (Windows issue Realtek HD Mic with am barely understandable if at all because of that Also when i plug in microphone speakersound system just keeps going as normal It has worked before when my pc was Realtek HD with Mic issue (Windows XP) new about one year ago but hard drive broke down Went to the pc store i bought it from and got replaced But since then i have the problem that all sounds from pc come trough when i don t want them to while talking Including echo-ing anyone else talking atm when i want to talk myself The mic headset plugin amp speakers still playing sound as normal is something that has always been there since before Hard drive broke down I didn t update gfx or audio drivers before hard drive broke down everything from mic worked properly When hard drive got replaced i had the mic issue right away So it isn t caused by a driver update i d say Looked trough all the settings i could find on pc to fix this but so far nothing has worked If a similar issue was posted here on these forums before and i missed it feel free to link I am not a pc expert by far so if you explain things do try to keep it simple andclear And if this happens to be a simple or stupid problem in your eyes i apologise It isn t for me This isn t the first forum post i make about this problem hoping i can see the end of this problem soon So a simple wrap up about my problem When using a mic every sound comes trough when i don t want it and speakers keep their volume when plugging in mic headset nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-with-mic-issue-windows-xp.156476/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, my Acer machine came pre-bundled with Windows Vista, i used it for a year and then came to XP SP3, which i used until a week ago when i did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate.

Now i am having issues with Windows 7 and realtek. Whenever i play ANY kind of sound on my computer it makes a buzz/ fuzzy noise alongside the sound being played.

i have tried:

re-installing driver and software from realtek website
updating BIOS
but still my issue persists.
NOTE that i can play music when i uninstall the realtek driver. it is buzz free but it is however at low sound and low quality.

Need any more details? Please ask.

i have attached a dxdiag report and a recording of a tune being played (only 91.5 KB) so you can understand what i am talking about.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

A:Realtek issues with Windows 7

That is either a codec issue or badly installed drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/34912-realtek-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

in Windows 7 Realtek HD Audio Drivers

Quote:
I think I have found a solution to this.

I recently had problems my self.

First you have to install this, from Intel: Intel® Desktop Board D910GLDW? Audio: Realtek* ALCxxx Driver

Second, install the latest drivers from Realtek, R2.22. I uploaded the zip file to filefront, as their ftp server is running by mouse power. Vista_R222.zip Download File

I hope it will work. for you. I had a lot of trouble finding the solution. Everything has to do with Intel's high definition codec that for some reason Realtek choose not to include in their driver packages.

Greets

Let me know how it goes!

and instal K-Lite Codec Pack

nothing more and my audio are fixed for now

A:Realtek Drivers Windows 7 (FIX) - worked for me

Didn't work for me - it attempted to get sound out of my rear speakers but only in Media Player (and really poor sound at that), all other apps stuck in stereo depsite test (Windows and Realtek Sound Manager) working in 5.1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12796-realtek-drivers-windows-7-fix-worked-me.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So this has been an issue for a while Working? Audio 10] [WINDOWS Realtek NOT now Every time I try and install 'Realtek HD Audio Drivers' My PC doesn't install them and says it's the drivers Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10] aren't compatible In the sound tab in the taskbar the 'speakers' don't show up anywhere because Realtek isn't installed Whenever I go to device manager under Sound video game controllers It says 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio' This is a PROBLEM as when I am making music the volume is pretty LOW and slightly distorted even when everything is at My laptop which also runs Windows and Realtek is installed and working on that When I used Windows before I upgraded to Windows bit for my PC Realtek was installed and also worked fine on that could it be a sound card issue I am currently running a HDMI cable from the screen into my graphics card and the AUX cord from the Sub and speakers into the back of my screen The sound works at the moment but the problem is that the volume is very LOW I have tried enabling Loudness Equalization in the enhancement tab in the sound options in the taskbar and nothing made a difference I have also tried running the AUX cable into the motherboard and sound card from the Sub but no sound comes through Here are also pictures that show what the problems are https gyazo com cb c cccb ea f a d b https gyazo com c a e ac b c c https gyazo com c cd ad c bc d e

A:Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

Is this an OEM PC or a custom build? If an OEM....need the brand/make/model of it. If a custom built PC....need the complete system specs.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65546-realtek-audio-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I was a succesful tester of Windows RC where the realtek audio drivers worked flawlessly Recently i purchased and installed windows RTM Home Premium If you have the following symptoms when reinstalling windows RTM with the realtek audio - No Realtek icon in the taskbar - Cannot active the realtek driver window from control panel - The windows audio playing drivers windows 7 don't rtm Realtek in work devices do not show up when requested well For some reason the realtek driver or Windows RTM are not compatible anymore with RTM got released The problem is not with the driver however but with User Accounts Management security settings Install the latest driver from Realtek which you find on the www realtek com The version of the driver currently is Realtek drivers don't work in windows 7 rtm Then disable UAC through Control Panel - gt System Realtek drivers don't work in windows 7 rtm - gt Change User Account Management and reboot You'll notice now that the Realtek driver taskbar icon the brown luidspeaker shows up in your taskbar Good news Click on the taskbar icon and the RT driver windows shows up In this window you can change the driver operating from Stereo to Clearly some things are wrong with audio in RTM Because you cannot open the audio play devices dialog through the windows luidspeaker icon and right clicking the option from the menu So maybe this is a preliminary work around Sven

A:Realtek drivers don't work in windows 7 rtm

I have had no issue with installing the Realtek driver in Windows 7 RTM...

You might be an exception

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/31600-realtek-drivers-dont-work-windows-7-rtm.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Well for me anyway. Just did an update today and the latest Realtek drivers that Windows Update downloaded and installed buchered my adapter. I did a roll-back from Device Manager and all is good now.

Not sure what the dealio is but if anyone has had success with this update let me know.

I have a Gigabyte EP45-DS3R with RTL8111C chipset.

I reverted to drivers with a date of 2/26/08, version 7.2.1127.2008 but may check with Realtek directly soon to see what they have.

A:Windows Update Realtek drivers = bad

Checked the info on the Windows Update version and it says "January 2007". What the hell? This is why I never (normally) use Microsoft updates for ANY drivers, but this one time I had faith in Windows 7's obviously great line-up of built-in drivers so I figured what the heck.

Anyway, Updated my driver from the Gigabyte mobo website and all is good now ... so far! Driver date 7/30/2009 and version 7.5.730.2009 ... now lets see how TF2 works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/28982-windows-update-realtek-drivers-bad.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, I have downloaded Realtek Hd Device on my Windows 7. And while installing the massage appears 'NO DRIVER WAS SUPPORTED IN THIS DRIVER PACKAGE' .. I have hp Pavilion 5000. Plz help guys..............

A:Realtek Hd Device problem on my Windows 7.

According to the HP site, they do not support Vista or Win 7, only XP and Win 2000. As you need a Vista/Win 7 specific driver, there may not be any available. We see this on the Dell forum on older systems that are not supported and in most cases the user is out of luck with the built in sound. You could try using an external USB sound device that is Vista/Win 7 compatible - probably your only hope.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/212550-realtek-hd-device-problem-my-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey!
I recently got windows 8 64 bit and after installing the audio drivers my mic is very quiet. When I uninstalled the audio drivers it worked again, but not in every program. Skype worked perfectly and Teamspeak did not, but after a while it started working. Anyone else having similar issues. I am using a razer carcharias headset.
Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 8 Realtek driver problems

Have you checked MSI for a Win 8 driver?

There is a Windows 8 forum, and since this is a Win 8 problem, may be best to post there.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/264370-windows-8-realtek-driver-problems.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i have a problem which is i cannot use my line in jack for speakers as in xp, after i installed windows 7 , and i installed the latest realtek hd , i didn't find any way to change my line in output at all, when i plug in any cable it just says "you have pluged an audio device" , my M.board is gigabyte 945gcm-s2l, i want to use my headphone with the speakers.

A:Realtek HD problem after installing Windows 7

Try looking at this thread.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164012.html

It might help although I know you are using Windows 7.

It at least covers a few different possible problems it could be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-problem-after-installing-windows-7.164121/
Relevancy 38.27%

It worked the first time I installed Windows 7, now it doesn't work at all. I tried uninstalling the driver and installing it again and it still didn't work.

A:Realtek AC 97 Dosen't Play With Windows 7

I notice that under sound card in your specs you have listed Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. That would actually preclude Realtek AC97 Drivers from working. I am curious, what model computer do you have or if you built it yourself, what components does it have? It would help in troubleshooting this. If you're not sure, you can use HWInfo32 from http://www.hwinfo.com.

Additionally, is this Windows 7 32 or 64-bit and what specific errors are you getting? Also, are you downloading the drivers directly from the Realtek website or from your computer manufacturer's website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/107834-realtek-ac-97-dosent-play-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am hearing nothing but pops and clicks in my audio. I have looked all ove this forum, found some solutions, installed all of the latest Realtek audio drivers, un-installed, re-installed, rebooted, updated BIOS and all that, and nothing has been working. Any ideas? Also, I can't seem to get Windows to install the latest Realtec AC'97 codecs. My computer keeps telling me that the vendor is unidentified, and when I try to force install, the installer just asks me the same question over and over again. Thanks all!
WIN 7RC/64bit
Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H
AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0 Ghz
4G of RAM

A:Realtek Sound Problems in Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by rogerniner

........ installed all of the latest Realtek audio drivers, un-installed, re-installed, rebooted, updated BIOS and all that, and nothing has been working. Any ideas? Also, I can't seem to get Windows to install the latest Realtec AC'97 codecs.

WIN 7RC/64bit
Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H
AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0 Ghz
4G of RAM

From the website of Gigabyte, we can tell the specifications of your mobo:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=3003&ProductName=GA-MA790GP-UD4H

OK,
1. The audio compenent of the Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H (rev.1.0) is the ALC889a.
We should install the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver but not the
Realtec AC'97 Driver to enable your ALC889a work.
You can refer this to the Gigabyte's download center for your mobo:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3003&ost=others#anchor_os

2. The newest Realtek HD Driver is v. 2.26, you can download it from the official site of the Realtek:
http://www.realtek.com/Default.aspx?Langid=1
(You are advised to google a better place to download, every time when
the Realtek releases a new driver, their officila site shoud be just paralyzed.......)

3. I downloaded the manual of your mobo, and from page 88 to 95, there is some explanation of the configuration for the sound system of your mobo.

The above is just my imagination, perhaps it helps not, but I believe you will find the answer soon enough here in Windows 7 Forum!! Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12161-realtek-sound-problems-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all I really need some help with this very wierd little problem i have lately after i upgraded win xp to win bit So here is my problem Whenever i watch videos on youtube and on other net streaming places and i turn the full screen on my sound becomes i dont know the right word in english bad But only in full screen mode Normal view (please problem realtek+windows help) 64 7 Sound bit on ie and the sound Sound problem (please help) realtek+windows 7 64 bit is perfect I have no other sound problem at all Games mp movies all sounds perfect Only streaming and only on full screen mode my sound goes bad I have tried many many ways to find a solution but nothing really worked Old video card drivers new ones same for sound card old new ones I tried ie firefox and others but nothing And many many other things but with no luck The only thing i did and the problem was solved was to totaly remove the video card drivers from my system But that is not really a solution cause obviously i need those drivers installed I use windows bit with an onboard realtek hd sound card ALC Ashrok mb K N hSLI-WiFi and an ati hd video card Any suggestions would be very very much appreciated cause this wierd little problem is driving me crazy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-please-help-realtek-windows-7-64-bit.903639/
Relevancy 38.27%

MY OS IS WINDOWS 7.. WHEN I INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 SOUND IS PERFECT AND EVERYTHING IS ALLRIGHT WITHOUT INSTALLING ANY DRIVERS

,,THEN I INSTALLED REALTEK AUDIO HD DRIVER(Vista_Win7_R236)VERSION.. AFTER I RESTARTED THE SYSTEM THERE WAS NO SOUND AT ALL.. PLS HELP ME..

A:Realtek hd audio problem in windows 7

Right click on Computer under the start menu, go to properties. Click on Device manager on the left hand side. Inside the device manager, find your sound card. Right click the sound card and go to properties. After that, there should be a button that says rollback driver. Click it. Restart and let us know if that works for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/realtek-hd-audio-problem-in-windows-7-a-429183.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Realtek HDA ALC883 audio chip.

I have looked at many posts, and saw that many people with Realtek cards have no 5.1 audio on Windows Vista and 7.

- My Headphones port is also my SPDIF port
- I have internal speakers that switch off whenever something goes into the port
- When I plug in Optical or Headphones, it says Analog Headphones, which is weird because I plugged in Optical and expect Digital..
- Digital is a black circle in my Realtek CPL
- I have no speaker fill option

Any assistance?

A:Realtek - No audio above Stereo 2.0 on Windows 7

Here's a post from Vistax64, it might be of assistance:

Quote:
I had a whole reply typed out but it seems to have disappeared, strange, anyways I'll try and recall what I said. To get 5.1 sound over spdif (Dolby Digital / DTS) you need to enable exclusive mode on your sound card. Outputting 5.1 sound requires exclusive access for the application outputting the sound. Any other application that tries to produce sound while another application is in exlcusive mode will be denied. 5.1 audio cannot be mixed, it 1 stream only. So to get 5.1 sound you will need something like ac3filter to do the passthrough. PCM audio is 2 channel and can be mixed which is why you only see the stereo option in control panel from your screen shot. Also when you use spdif passthrough (5.1) you will not be able to control the volume through your PC, the receiver will have to do that.

If the content you are playing is only 2 channel you are better off setting your receiver to virtual surround (every receiver calls it something different) and have it simulate 5.1

Another quote:

Quote:
i solved my problem, and it was staring me right in the face.

after spending many many hours trying to find a solution to this problem, and searching every blog and tech forum i could, i eventually did the following.

uninstalled all sound drivers, and codecs, then booted machine in safe mode and used a driver removal software to check that all drivers were infact gone (software found a few items still remaining in registry and system folders) rebooted machine, and installed R1.95 drivers. pretty basic so far.

i then installed ac3 filter AC3Filter and settup so that ac3 uses spdif pass through.
installed media player classic x64 version
(for some reason when i use vlc and setup to use spdif sound is laggy, jumpy, echoee, or plays ok for a few seconds the gap then plays for a few seconds then gap) [rather annoying]

then went back to digital properties and adjusted my output to 24bit 48Hz

and vola problem solved for me.

i think that because i was trying to use 24bit 96Hz output my amp would only see this as stereo.

so basically check your output sample rate and see if your amp/ digital reciever can infact decode the sample rate you have it set your sound card to output.

Rest of thread:
http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/...f-problem.html

AC3 Filter: http://www.free-codecs.com/AC3_Filter_download.htm

Let us know if you need assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/79421-realtek-no-audio-above-stereo-2-0-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys i downloaded windows 7 and i need the audio drivers witch are realtek HD
is there any download avaiable of realtek Hd audio drivers for windows 7??
please post the download link if it is avaiable .
thank you.

A:Windows 7 Realtek HD audio Drivers

Use the one for Vista. Most Vista drivers are supposed to work for Windows 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-realtek-hd-audio-drivers.124716/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
I'm currently running Windows XP and it doesn't have any problem with the network(realtek Lan). I never ever install Driver for Realtek Lan, I only install Realtek Audio driver which using XP. But Win7 seems to install Lan driver by itself. And when I try to access my network in Win7, things hangup, only way is to hard reset(restart). I tried to uninstall that driver also but then I could not access my network. I also tried latest driver for the same, but when installing it hang. Can anybody tell me how to overcome this problem. By the way I have Win7 Enterprice(30 Days trial).

-Vinit

A:Windows 7 and realtek Lan Driver problem

This did not happened on win7 RC. I have same problem with windows 7 RTM. When you update LAN from windows update there is a driver problem. My MOBO is Gigabyte and I dload the REALTEK LAN driver there and it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28092-windows-7-realtek-lan-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 38.27%

The driver downloads fine and begins to install but then says "failed" every time. i'm using the Acer Care Center to attempt the upgrade. Has anyone else entountered the same issue and discovered a solution? thanks

A:ES1-512-P84G Windows 10 Cannot Update Realtek 6.0....

Hi, Try to install it manually from the acer driver page: AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7503359.4 MB2015/08/18Download You can check to see if it will work this way. It can be that you have newer drivers installed by the W10 update system and it is causing the issue.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/ES1-512-P84G-Windows-10-Cannot-Update-Realtek-6-0-1-7503-Audio/td-p/440542
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys issues HD Realtek driver windows? with and gals well i got a lovely new Realtek HD driver issues with windows? laptop a Realtek HD driver issues with windows? month or so ago and just recently its been playing up speakers sometimes work and when they do they distort heavily and then cut out all together and they rarely work again i look in sound devices and it says there no device present i Realtek HD driver issues with windows? look at device manager and at the sound and video drivers selection and the audio drivers are set as legacy and are working properly but they dont know where the device actually is the next insult to injury is if i try to uninstall the currently installed realtek drivers i get an uninstallation failure and so theyre not totally uninstalled if i try and install the drivers through windows i e update drivers in control panel etc i get the ever amazing BSOD which reports that RtkHDAud sys has caused my laptop to crash its getting a tad annoying as im back off to uni tomorrow and have no sound the only thing that i will be able to listen to music thru is my MP player which is far from practical when im sitting in my room the laptop is acer WLMi AMD x turion gb RAM Ati X HDD and im running on media center thanks for your time and i hope you guys can help me nbsp

A:Realtek HD driver issues with windows?

Go to the maker of your lovely new laptop's support website, search for your models drivers and find the audio driver and reinstall it from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-driver-issues-with-windows.75694/
Relevancy 38.27%

I just reinstalled windows and installed the latest realtek from here

Realtek

I checked my playback devices, and it shows a green bar going up and down indicating that the sound should be working, but i can't here jack.

If i switch my sound in playback devices to my 42 inch flat screen, sound comes threw fine... i HIGHLY doubt my speakers are broken as they were working before i reinstalled windows.

Can anyone solve my problem!? oh and the title is funky so people will have an easier time finding this solution with a google search. That is if my problem is solved.

A:Realtek Audio Windows 7 No Sound

Quote: Originally Posted by Blaziner

I just reinstalled windows and installed the latest realtek from here

Realtek

I checked my playback devices, and it shows a green bar going up and down indicating that the sound should be working, but i can't here jack.

If i switch my sound in playback devices to my 42 inch flat screen, sound comes threw fine... i HIGHLY doubt my speakers are broken as they were working before i reinstalled windows.

Can anyone solve my problem!? oh and the title is funky so people will have an easier time finding this solution with a google search. That is if my problem is solved.

Welcome to SevenForums.

Control Panel | be sure that small icons are selected and choose Troubleshooting | Hardware and Sound | top two items are audio playback and audio record

You can go to the FixIt Solution Center to locate a FixIt for your problem.

Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/177836-realtek-audio-windows-7-no-sound.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently uploaded windows 7 ultimate on my pc but now it says no sound device detected and i do not have the cd for the soundcard anymore what can i do need help please

A:Realtek 8100c problem in windows 7

The easy way would be goto device manager (right click my computer click properties click device manager) locate soundcard and click update driver, then windows will download and install generic driver for you or to be thorough go to the website of your soundcards manufacturer and get latest drivers for your soundcard model

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...130/RTL8139B(L)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/54718-realtek-8100c-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am running clean-installed Windows Ultimate x bit with EVGA i motherboard which uses the RealTek audio drivers When I quot clean-installed quot Windows I put in RealTek driver When I saw revision come out a few days ago I downloaded Yesterday I spent lots of hours trying to recover from a mess So please be forwarned I un-installed RealTek driver via Control Panel Upon reboot Windows found the generic driver as always When I started to install it got stuck at the quot initializing quot prompt after un-archiving After waiting more than minutes I aborted the install Task Manager Upon reboot I tried to uninstall via control panel but got an error Had to use Driver Sweeper installing problem 7 2.37 64-bit RealTek BIG & Windows to quot uninstall quot whatever parts that were partially installed Tried re-installing and same thing happened Clean-up and tried to go back to but it would not install either Thank goodness for the System Restore function of Windows I am back to version Now I am afraid to touch it Never had any BIG problem installing RealTek 2.37 & Windows 7 64-bit such a problem on Vista from version owards and in -bit version Anyone else have this experience with the driver Remember I am running x

A:BIG problem installing RealTek 2.37 & Windows 7 64-bit

So no one has had or heard of this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41825-big-problem-installing-realtek-2-37-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi everyone I am having issues with 32-bit using NO sound Realtek HD Windows audio 7 my sound built in and has been trying to fix this for over months now Here are the details of the problem No sound after installing Windows bit Ultimate or probably after installing the NVIDIA GT Video Card still using VGA as my monitor only supports VGA BIOS Shows Azalia in Southbridge Audio Controller Below that it shows HD Audio If set to this -- error in windows is quot no device is plugged in quot If I change HD Audio to AC Windows will be able to detect my headset but no sound output Windows Environment AC' bios setting Under playback the green bar is showing activity NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio as I play an audio file yet no audio output I checked Device Manager and driver installed is Realtek HD Audio Supplied by Windows same as the GT drivers which was automatically supplied by Windows upon installation Steps Taken Try to uninstall the VC to isolate problem still no sound Uninstall and reinstall Audio Driver no sound Updated drivers Windows has the most updated driver Manual update still no progress Tried install AC' Realtek test build so to install the drivers still shows HD Audio Used Driver Max to update drivers still nothing I have magic jack USB and when I play a game while someone is using the phone there is sound output on the handset Updated Nvidia drivers still no sound CHeck headset and it works with my laptop Tried connecting to back panel still no sound I was planning to buy a USB headset or a NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio jack-USB converter but it's expensive and the jack-USB is nowhere to be found PLEASE advise if you have any suggestion thanks Karl

A:NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio

Hello and welcome Karl mate as a general rule I like to download drivers from the manufacturers in preference to Windows information.

I would try the audio and chipset drivers from here if you haven't done them already.

P5KPL SE - Motherboards - ASUS

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/292687-no-sound-windows-7-32-bit-using-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Just finishing a Windows 7 install (from Windows 8) and have a single driver missing that I can see on the web for the life of me!

Within the Device Manager / Other Devices / the 'Network Controller' is shown as missing. I am using a Samsung NP355V5C-A06UK laptop made October 2012 which originally has W8 installed as the OS.

Can anyone find the correct one please as apparently I cant!

edit; sorry, should have sad that the only reason I assume it is a Realtek was because that was what was in the search box when
I tried to look for a driver update, so I 'assumed' it used to be the right one before the install?

[Out of interest, would this be why the laptop has no wireless capability at the moment, or is that a separate issue?]

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey i just upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. after downloading noticed my wifi wasnt working and in the network settings it doesnt even show a wifi setting. It has airplane mode and ethernet but no wifi tab. so at first i had no internet connection at all not even ethernet would work. so i updated my ethernet driver and  now i have ethernet but wifi still doesnt work. Ive tried updating it as it states i have the latest version. I also tried turning on my wireless lan auto config through task manager/services and it wont start up. I get error code 0xc00ce552: 0xc00ce552. ive looked at multiple forums to see what i can do and ive tried going to the registry to check for errors. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and im still stuck with no wifi. i need help big time!!!!

A:Realtek RTL8188CE not working on windows 10

Hi there @smokeysylve,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! Please make sure to show your appreciation by clicking the 'Thumbs up' button on this post!  Have you tried to Restore the BIOS?  I did some research and found a great document for you called Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet. This document will help you troubleshoot the Wifi issue.  You could also try the following: Go to the Device Manager.Expand Network Adapters.Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.Click Uninstall.Restart the Notebook twice.There is also a document called Wireless Internet and Bluetooth Is Slow or Does Not Connect; this document is specifically for if you have a Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver.  If that does not work, you can use the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need to be updated. Some say this download helped fix this problem as well. It is from Microsoft Fix it.  If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting steps provided.  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-RTL8188CE-not-working-on-windows-10/td-p/5594948
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a problem with my network adapter My motherboard is Biostar A gxB A My adapter is c My OS is Win X The problem Until now it took - restarts to start the network adapter in windows after which it worked fine Now after upgrading to a new power source better and case the device doesn t start even after many restarts The device is activated in bios The led is flashing Sometimes when I scan for hardware changes it finds the device but says that no cable is connected If I try to deactivate and then reactivate I cannot reactivate it In properties it says code Other times if a scan for changes nothing appears in the device manager I sometimes get another messages depending on the driver installed it is random sometimes my device shows sometimes not - Your pc doesn t have the necesary information in order to configure this device Please contact producer for a driver firmware update - This device cannot start because it couldn t fiind any free resources to use I have the latest drivers for everything I think there might be a conflict with another device conflict dirver Windows realtek 7 I really need your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-realtek-dirver-conflict.893649/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys im havign soem serious issues with my new computer. Real tek seems to think that there is a mic plugged in when there is not. I think this is causing my audio to not to work at all. Ive tried updating drivers and troubleshooting and the works. Frankly this is fairly frustrating.

Anyone expirence a similar problem??

A:Realtek/audio issues with windows 7

I want to say there is an option to enable/disable hardware detection. But I don't recall where it is located and I'm not on a Win7 machine at the moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-audio-issues-with-windows-7.1037671/
Relevancy 38.27%

realtek onboard audio doesn't work, got the up to date windows 7 driver and nothing
checked the acer website for the drivers, they have an X next to windows 7 and vista as an option for a driver download so i tried the xp option, still no sound. it's the realtek alc850 and ac'97 codec
my mobo
Audio Realtek Audio Driver 5.10.00.5930 30.1 MB 2008/12/10 <---the driver listed on acer's website
6.0.1.6305 <--- most up to date driver i can find on the interweb
i've been scouring these forums and it looks like i'm not the only one with the problem, and if anyone has found a solution they have not posted it.
tried using the windows action center and the microsoft fixit center.
any suggestions?

A:windows 7 + realtek alc850 ac'97 = i has no sound

If there are no Vista or Win 7 drivers that will work, your only other option is to use a different Win 7 compatible sound card. This is what most of the Dell users are reporting on the Dell users forum, for older XP systems that have been upgraded to Vista/Windows 7 that are not supported by Dell (drivers).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/119170-windows-7-realtek-alc850-ac97-i-has-no-sound.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello yesterday i upgraded to win all the drivers installed correctly except the audio driver By default the windows installed High definition audio device but i have realtek This are the methods i tried Installed the audio driver i was having on win but in compatibility mode Installed the latest realtek audio driver Installed the latest realtek audio driver in safe mode I scanned the drivers with the following programs DPCHIP DriverToolkit DriverEasy and all say that the drivers are up to date I uninstalled High definition audio controller and High definition audio device from device manager and restarted the computer I checked that the windows audio and AudioEndpointBuilder are running in service msc Notes -The name of the realtek driver is Realtek HD Audio ALC -If i don't disable High definition audio controller from device manager i can't install any audio driver whitout work , realtek to Windows 10 doesn't appear getting this error realtek audio failure xe -When i install the driver with High definition audio controller disabled the driver installs correctly but i get this error This device cannot start Code Sorry for my bad english English is not my native language

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/390848-windows-10-realtek-doesnt-appear-work.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi.

I installed 7 on release day, but when I installed the realtek HD drivers (aledgedly a windows 7 compatible driver) I only got audio from the lefthand channel. It's definatley not a hardware issue as both channels play fine on XP.

Anybody know where I can find the correct driver?

A:Windows 7 Realtek driver issues.

What is your make and model of PC? Or if it is a custom build, what is the manufacturer or the Motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-realtek-driver-issues-429222.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I downloaded:
"Realtek-Network-Realtek RTL8168B8111B family PCI-E Gigabyte Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)"
And my IE7 couldn't open any internet pages.
Had to Restore to a previous point to get internet navigation again.
Any advise?

A:Don't install Realtek update from Windows

Hello Rcalzadilla,

You should always install drivers directly from the manufacturer's website instead.

Driver download link: Realtek

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/216345-dont-install-realtek-update-windows.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Bluetooth works if selected after/on start-up, but when put to sleep/bluetooth speaker powered down and then come back to connect, bluetooth disappears; have to reboot each time! Have gone to device manager and requested upload of newest driver; response is that "Microsoft says has latest driver," however I also have error message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) I can't find any other drivers to replace current Reaqltek driver, so am stuck with "buggy, non-Microsoft supported driver"!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-Bluetooth-4-0-that-came-with-Windows-10-not-working/td-p/5683009
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

Win7, 64bit, realtek ALC889A integrated sound on GA-X48T-DQ6, Realtek driver r265

In the realteak audio driver manager, I can hear the test sounds.
But no sound is played when surfing youtube or playing mp3 in windows media player.

Please assist.
Kind regards.

A:Realtek ALC889A no sound in windows

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Navigate to Start>Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Sound, and then configure your sound settings from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/186022-realtek-alc889a-no-sound-windows.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Is it safe to install this "windows 7 realtek audio driver" from realtek official website on a Laptop realtek sound card since manufacter only gives me vista drivers?

A:Windows 7 realtek driver on Laptop

Yes it's perfectly safe and probably the best possible audio driver for your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/59472-windows-7-realtek-driver-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

The driver downloads fine and begins to install but then says "failed" every time. i'm using the Acer Care Center to attempt the upgrade. Has anyone else entountered the same issue and discovered a solution? thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/ES1-512-P84G-Windows-10-Cannot-Update-Realtek-6-0-1-7503-Audio/td-p/440542/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 38.27%

In my Windows 7 beta I cannot get the 5.1 surround sound to work properly. I have an integrated realtek hd chip (which works perfectly fine in Vista). The 5.1 sound works well when testing the sound in the windows sound settings but whenever I try some other playback (wmp or whatever) only the front left speaker works.
I have also tried installing latest drivers from Realtek (5.1 works in their sound control aswell), some older drivers and of course the standard windows driver, all with the same results.
Any solutions or hint available out there? Thanks.

A:Windows 7 5.1 surround problems (realtek)

Same crap here. Been on this for hours now.. Have my setup hooked to Onkyo 5.1 surround sound and would like it back!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/1991-windows-7-5-1-surround-problems-realtek.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Today i have installed windows on bits and i just cannot get past this problem with the buzzing windows driver 64 HD on Realtek audio 7 sound I have a surround audio system and have installed the latest Realtek HD audio driver on my pc to get all the speakers going After the installation of the driver every sound came with buzzing The music the clicking on folders games anything every sound was buzzing just like the static you get on radio a blurred sound if i may Realtek HD audio driver buzzing on windows 7 64 call it that way This was the first thing to install on my PC after the Opera browser I only have the standard High Definition Audio Driver from the windows no other audio driver so i don't think that anything can interfere with the Realtek driver Can this be because it's bits Can anyone help please I've seen this problem on the net but there was no exact answer Why is Realtek software acting this way I tried reinstalling or tried older versions nothing helped Can anyone give any piece of advice

A:Realtek HD audio driver buzzing on windows 7 64

Welcome to the Windows 7 forum.

If you have RealTek, you should not also have the "High Definition Audio Codec" which is the Windows installed generic sound driver. Normally, when you install the proper sound driver, such as RealTek, the High Definition Audio Codec, driver is automatically deleted.

Please fill in the "My System Specs". It helps us to help you.

Also, please post a screenshot of the Device Manager, Sound section.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/338444-realtek-hd-audio-driver-buzzing-windows-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Is there a solution for the lack of good drivers for the l502x with windows 10 audio? I had to use task manager to prevent the Realtek drivers from loading at startup otherwise the machine never goes into sleep. I see the Realtek site has R2.79 but I don't know if that will address the messed up Equalizer and driver's in W10

A:XPS L502X- Windows 10 Realtek drivers solution?

Hello. Have you tried installing the driver that used to work for you, before you installed the audio-unfriendly Win10, using compatibility mode? If not, it might be worth a try if you feel you need to have Win10 on that model.
First remove all Realtek drivers that are in the system now. Go into the Device Manager and expand the Sound, Video & Game Controllers section. Right click on the Realtek and select to uninstall. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok. Reboot the laptop and go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & rebooting until Realtek no longer appears under Sound...Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place. "High Definition Audio Device" is the name of the Windows native driver. Download the Win7 64-bit or the Win8 32/64-bit Realtek driver, whichever that worked before.

1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7 or Win8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19680304
Relevancy 37.84%

Work from home as a transcriptionist. Purchased used computer with RealTek Audio on it. Work software uses the Windows Media Player. Sound is now scratchy, has a lot of static. Can I delete the RealTek software?

A:RealTek Audio vs. Windows Media Player

Uninstall, not delete. Yes you can remove it, but Windows Media Player does not play Real Audio files, it supports pretty much all other audio formats. Real Audio has file extension .ra or .rm and it is not very common or popular these days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/384430-realtek-audio-vs-windows-media-player.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello about a week ago I got a new Windows laptop Everything s been fine except for one thing Sometimes for seemingly no reason my laptop will switch from using the quot Speakers quot playback device which works fine to using the quot Realtek Digital Output quot playback device which makes no sound- but I still see the green lines that move up and down I ve tried disabling the RDO device didn t help I tried plugging in headphones didn t help I tried to restart the program google chrome skyrim and basically Windows 8 no Digital Output Realtek sound everything else and that didn t help Rebooting my computer temporarily fixes the problem but it still occasionally goes to the Realtek sound Windows 8 Realtek Digital Output no sound device and I don t want to have to restart my computer every time it does I haven t updated or downgraded any sound drivers and according to device manager I already have the latest drivers Any and all help is appreciated Screenshots http puu sh dWRSZ dcf ed png http puu sh dWSbj befaa d png http puu sh dWTfH b a caec png http puu sh dWTRZ bc b png http puu sh dWRXZ c c png nbsp

A:Windows 8 Realtek Digital Output no sound

What is the exact manufacturer and model of the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-realtek-digital-output-no-sound.1140354/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey there, just upgraded from Windows XP SP2 to Windows 7 Ultimate.

So far there have been a few kinks here or there that have needed working out and i've gotten them all taken care of with the exception of one; I have no sound!

I listed my system specs in my profile as best as i could find, and i have a link to my motherboard specs right here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

I updated my drivers from here: Realtek

Made sure to download the Vista/Windows 7 one.

Umm, can't think of anything else at the moment, going to try and get some sleep, will check back tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to shout them out, i'm fresh out of ideas.

A:No Sound, Realtek AC'97, Windows 7, ASUS P4S800D-X

ROFLMFAO I solved the problem and it was so simple... Yet, VERY unusual.

I was looking at the playback settings with some music playing see screenshot:

And i noticed that the computer was reading that sound was actually playing because the green bar was moving.

So i thought maybe it was my speakers, so i unplugged my speakers and plugged in headphones. Nothing, so i thought just for ****s i would plug my headphoens into the different slots, first one, nothing, then i plugged them into the MICROPHONE slot and BAM max volume Dragonforce Fury of the Storm straight into my brain, it was both painful and wonderful, and i laughed out loud for a good long while.
Well, problem solved, plugged speakers into the microphone spot and TA-DA! Sound!

Now i'm off to play some Champions Online till my eyes bleed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/21892-no-sound-realtek-ac97-windows-7-asus-p4s800d-x.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

I have already done a search on this forum to see if anyone has been having a similar problem and many do, but so far no suggestions have helped me......

My problem is I have an Acer 6920G laptop running Windows 8 (and 7 on another drive) and no matter which Realtek audio drivers I use, I cannot get 5.1 digital output sound to my Creative Inspire 5.1 system. I have the correct optical cable (which worked fine on Windows 7) and I am currently using Realtek v2.70 HD Audio drivers. When I select the digital output, I can only select properties and not configuration (which is greyed out) and therefore this is no option to setup a 5.1 speaker configuration.

If I use the internal speakers built-in to the laptop (for 5.1 sound) I have no problems, but not with the external speakers.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jez

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/9390-realtek-hd-audio-5-1-sound-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Continued from http forums techguy org windows- -realtek-hd-audio-cuts-out html and I am 7 Windows Audio Realtek cuts out sporadically in HD quoting a large portion of that so this shows up on google Realtek HD Audio cuts out sporadically in Windows 7 search quot Basically my Gigabyte motherboard uses the Realtek HD Audio AL A codec Ive recently installed Win x and initially installed the latest drivers from the GB website Everything runs fine but i have a sound problem My comp is hooked up to Sony AV receiver speaker setup via Optical cable In the Realtek software i have enabled Dolby Digital Live to take advantage of it as every other option in software only uses speakers stereo The problem is this every so often every minute or so but gaps can be longer or shorter the sound cuts off for a second when playing anything with sound i e games web videos mp s This happens randomly and there doesn t seem to be a pattern to it When the sound cuts out the AV receiver seems to loose the signal i e it clicks from being in Dolby to nothing then back again like its being lost at the source The strange thing is when i disable the Dolby Digital Live in the Realtek software and just use speakers the sound doesnt cut out Obviously this isnt ideal as i want sound in games and movies that support it quot Click to expand I had the same audio cutout issue with Gigabyte H M-USB motherboard with Windows bit and optical out and here is my MO to resolve it On the gigabyte website http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl look for the latest audio drivers released August th Also the latest Intel INF MB drivers Install both drivers The motherboard drivers can be installed directly running setup exe for INF The audio will be uninstalled when you run the audio setup exe reboot After reboot and logon Windows will look for drivers automatically dont worry about that Run the audio setup exe again and this time the installer will quot install quot the audio driver Reboot I am not sure if I needed to install the INF driver but I did it out of quot habit quot upgrade if available Hope this he nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-hd-audio-cuts-out-sporadically-in-windows-7.943829/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey everyone!So I've been using windows 10 for a while now, but I've come across a really annoying issue recently. My laptop (y50) initiated an automated windows update a few days ago and now all sound effects are gone, and my realtek application claims that my current driver is only compatible with windows vista. I've tried to reinstall the driver from Realtek's site, but apparently the installer automatically picks vista for me. Any idea how to solve this?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity and moved post to correct forum.

A:Y50 - wrong realtek driver installed after windows...

Hi Faradin  ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Windows would automatically update the drivers with its wn native drivers as it was a default on Windows. 
Every updates done are assigned with a restore date  that user may use to go back via system restore. 
And to prevent this from happening again as much as we hope , to disable driver update from windows and ways to uninstall such update similar to this guide .

Other option is to go to device manager and rihjt click on the audio driver properties to rollback driver aside from reinstalling drivers from the support site . 

Update us how it goes. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-wrong-realtek-driver-installed-after-windows-update-on-Y50/td-p/3311898
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

When I install a micro-wifi-usb 802.11n with "Realtek RTL8188CU" on a old notebook with Windows XP I get maximum 1.5 to 2Mbits/s. Though installed on a newer notebook with Windows 7 I get 30Mbits/s.

Other wifi-usb, Cisco Linksys WUSB100v2 does work on that Windows XP machine at 30Mbit/s, but the dongle is much larger
The router Cisco WRT320N is just 5meters away and I always have excellent signal strength.

I tried some other drivers without any luck. On the site of Realtek I don't find any driver except with some letter diverence at the end of RTL8188CU, which I also tried.

Does anyone have an idea why or where to find the correct driver for XP?

thanks

A:Realtek RTL8188CU wireless USB 802.11n slow on windows XP

Check to see what Wireless Mode the adapter is set to use. May be set for B only.
Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, double click Realtek RTL8188CU to open Properties.
Click Advanced tab.
Click on Wireless Mode to highlight.
The Mode setting will show in the box at right.

To change, click the down arrow head by the box to pull up the list and select b/g/n setting.
Click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-rtl8188cu-wireless-usb-802-11n-slow-on-windows-xp.1058331/
Relevancy 37.84%

Just wanted to relay a little experince I had with a refurbished Dell unit here at [Dell] x64 Audio Windows work won't Pro HD with Realtek 7 work I ordered a Dell [Dell] Realtek HD Audio won't work with Windows 7 x64 Pro Studio refurb and when it arrived I noticed the analog inputs outputs weren't recognized [Dell] Realtek HD Audio won't work with Windows 7 x64 Pro in the realtek audio manager It wouldn't notice any devices plugged into either the front or the back panel It did recognize the HDMI and Digital inputs I uninstalled drivers installed three different drivers with out any luck Each time I uninstalled the device rebooted installed the drivers and rebooted again These drivers were the latest Dell drivers for Windows x Realtek drivers for Windows x and even the Realtek Vista x just in case After using Dell tech support they did exactly what I had already done they sent out a tech to replace my motherboard The tech installs the moterboard boots up the machine after configuring the cmos and we notice the analog jacks are now showing in the Realek Audio Manager Ok we're making progress We plug in the speakers in the rear jack the little pop up says a device is plugged in Seems to be working We play some audio and nothing We plug in my earbuds into the front jack pop up says they are plugged in green audio jack is no longer greyed out in Audio Manager but still no sound Now I'm pissed this is a new motherboard I start uninstalling the drivers and install from a new download from Dell After the reboot the pop ups start going crazy the system thinks there are audio devices plugged in all jacks The tech leaves since he can only install the hardware and I have to wipe the drive and install fresh just in case there was a problem with the chipset talking to the old install of Windows Format install new copy of Windows install latest drivers same results Contact Dell support they do the same things again and determine that I need a new system So now I have to wait - weeks without audio which sucks Anyone want to chime in here and tell me I missed something System specs to the left obviously

A:[Dell] Realtek HD Audio won't work with Windows 7 x64 Pro

Hollywood, how did you resolve this? Did the new system work? I'm seeing the exact same issues with my refurb (wonder if I got your old box, sigh).

Thanks,
Adam

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/87646-dell-realtek-hd-audio-wont-work-windows-7-x64-pro.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I installed Windows x so x for instalations recently and from beggining I had problems with sound After installing windows all other drivers were ok video motherboard ethernet but there were no sound Windows showed that there is sound drivers instaled disappears realtek after pc sound restarting windows 7 S pdif or something like that and as I windows 7 realtek sound disappears after restarting pc turned music on bars moved but there was no sound from speakers I havent muted anything by myself and wtf I just installed win it shouldnt be mutted anyway So I installed realtek newest audio High definition drivers which is my integrated sound card compatable with restarted PC and vualia it worked windows 7 realtek sound disappears after restarting pc New icon appeared I heard sound from music movies But then I shutted down my pc turned it in couple of hours and they werent there anymore gt Windows showed that there are no outputs or smth red cross were on sound sign then installed default drivers who were at the begging then I installed it And bam I can't hear sound again I read that problem might be when windows sended updates it sends realtek lan instead of sound or smth like that And I found it in update history that win send realtek lan but I dont know if disabling it could solve the problem Do you guys have any Idea

A:windows 7 realtek sound disappears after restarting pc

S/PDIF -> Sony/Panasonic Digital Interface is to connect to an external receiver via optical cable.

Make sure you have your speakers plugged in properly and select Speakers as your default output, unless you actually have the PC connected to an external receiver via optical cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/195928-windows-7-realtek-sound-disappears-after-restarting-pc.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all
I've been following various threads for a while re Realtek Hi Def drivers. And even went to Samsung Support Centre. ALL to no avail. I had to keep re installing the 64 bit driver every half an hour no matter what was suggested. ( the samsung guy to me to save all my files then re-install the whole chebang after he had unsuccessfully tried to fix.)
I'm no wizz kid but finally worked out what was the cause. SOMETHING was obviously conflicting so all I did was uninstall the AVG and SAMSUNG "tweek" programs and HEY PRESTO all is sweet and running like a dream ( though I STILL would like to wipe the lot and do a clean install of Windows seven.)
Just Saying.
Thankyou for all the posts that I read on the subject.
Geordie John

A:Windows 8.1 Realtek driver problems solved

Since many years, I get installed:
AUD_Win8_Win7_6.0.1.6886_PV.exe --- that comes with Realtek Control Panel.

Windows 8, from INTEL
can be:
AUD_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_6.0.1.7240.zip
249.917.181 bytes

Works fine and resolves.
Good luck y'all

Artur.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/50533-windows-8-1-realtek-driver-problems-solved.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi this is my first thread and post and I'm Mexican so please sorry my bad z906 7 Realtek Logitech and Windows HD Problem english Well my problem is that I have realtek hd audio manager on my Windows OS PC a few days ago I bought a Logitech z speakers but when I config the realtek hd manager to play on surround and test the sound the only speakers that sound are front ones the rear ones nor the center nor the subwoofer sounds I have tild the speakers fill option yes when I play Windows 7 Realtek HD and Logitech z906 Problem music it sounds in all speakers well BUT why in the test it doesn't recognize the rear center and sub speakers This is my options ALSO I have test the Windows 7 Realtek HD and Logitech z906 Problem Stereo config VS the config and the Stereo config is better than the one why It is supossed to be the better not Is it have something to do with the speakers not recognized I also tried to test the speakers here And there the rear center and sub speakers does not sound as well PLEASE help me in this I am desperated it has to sound the config better than the stereo one but why in my case it isn't better Also why the tests doesn't recognize me the other speakers Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Realtek HD and Logitech z906 Problem

Welcome to SF daldec.
Understand just because you have a 5.1 speaker set up the main sound will always be from the stereo pair and only when you have a substantial surround effect or sound will the others play. If you have a 5.1 surround movie with lots of action or a game with the same please test using it and let us know how that works/sounds. Oh I also trust you've made the 5.1 audio connections properly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/312524-windows-7-realtek-hd-logitech-z906-problem.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys, i noticed i had 7 or 8 system updates yesterday so i installed them and after the computer restarted i have no sound. It looks like Windows 7 installed an update to Realtek HD Audio (which im not sure if i was using it before). usually i would just go to system restore but it was disabled for some reason and i have no restore points. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. The drivers say it is installed correctly. please help

A:windows 7 update: Realtek installed but no sound

found this solution and worked for me

1 Go to control panel

2. Double-Click on the Sound Icon

3. Single-click the Speakers to highlight them

4. Click on Properties (bottom right corner)

5. Go to the Enhancements Tab and Click on it

6. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"

7. Click OK and you should be good to go!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331987/windows-7-update-realtek-installed-but-no-sound/
Relevancy 37.84%

Good evening, folks!

I've recently bought an ASUS notebook, model K45a. After a few days, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, but I didn't like it, so I formatted it and reinstalled Windows 7 64 bits.

I've installed all the preferred drivers from the asus website, but there is no digital output! I got the newest Realtek Audio driver, and no digital output option available.

I've been to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Manage sound devices and right-clicked to select "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" (sorry if it's not 100% accurate, I'm using a portuguese Windows version and trying to translate it accordingly) and nothing.

All I get is the speakers, no digital option, which means no 5.1 signal through both spdif or hdmi to my home theater. When I open Realtek HD Manager, it only displays the analog jacks.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Relevancy 37.84%

I transported my PC from The Netherlands to Argentina in a suitcase.
When I arrived I noticed that the processor's cooler was loose but so far the computer was in one piece.
In order to place the cooler again and protecting the mobo I had to take apart the mobo.
When I try my pc everything was working but suddenly I noticed that Windows 7 doesn't detect anymore the "Speaker" interface, only the Realtek Digital Output.
Did I forget some cable to plug (don't think so)? lose cooler damaged mobo?
It is a Gigabyte EP-45 UD3, It's a self-assembled pc.
Already tried latest drivers and erasing it and re-detecting it in the device manager.

A:Windows 7 missing Realtek's 'Speaker' after transporting PC

Have you tried reinstalling the RealTek drivers?

Anything is possible with the loose cooler but I doubt that it damages the sound chip since you have the RealTek Digital.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/223292-windows-7-missing-realteks-speaker-after-transporting-pc.html
Relevancy 37.84%

The problem As of hours ago my desktop rx Solved: Windows 7 Realtek no packet Adapter was online and working then after I booted it into SystemRescueCD bit in order to do a bit of cleaning from outside Windoze my main ethernet adapter decided that it Solved: Windows 7 Realtek Adapter no packet rx didn t want to play nice with my network Solved: Windows 7 Realtek Adapter no packet rx cables and doesn t receive packets from them I ve plugged the cables into a Router -Linksys G v flashed with DD-WRT Don t remember what build - and saw that there was indeed transmission between the port and the router and then plugged it into my netbook Asus eee HE booted into both Windoze XP and Arch Linux relatively up to date running wicd for network management - again it worked After going through the usual steps to fix a network connection -the repair button manual disable enable ing rolling back the driver updating the driver getting an even more up to date driver disabling through bios booting into windows and then enabling through bios again- I figured that I had somehow screwed up my drivers and reinstalled Ultimate Upon my first boot I discovered that this was not the case as the problem still lingers ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users John gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name cresthelm Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fb a de d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - D-D - C- F- - - - F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap EFB - A A- B -A A - FD EF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users John gt my device manager shows yellow exclamation mark quot Multimedia Audio Controller quot I m guessing it s my Creative Live bit as i have not yet installed that driver nor my gpu driver on this install not wanting to screw up anything at this point The Yellow Orange light on the adapter is flashing every so often however the green light rarely if ever flashes The Name of the Adapter as given in Device Manager Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller iirc it is a D D PCIe controller I have not yet booted into a linux live environment to check to see if that will help with the issue I ll either edit this post or reply to a new post with the results of that -and a ifconfig if that would help The live environment would be Ubuntu x since I have that disc on hand Any suggestions or requests for data I get in the next minutes I ll be able to respond to as it s AM locally for me I ll likely be able to get a look at this thread again hours after that point Edit Booted into Ubuntu x and was unable to connect to the network through the adapter Results of an ifconfig are below eth is the adapter in question Code To run a command as administrator user quot root quot use quot sudo lt command gt quot See quot man sudo root quot for details email protected ifconfig eth Link encap Ethernet HWaddr c f f inet addr fe e f ff fe f Scope Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU Metric RX packets errors dropped overruns frame TX packets errors dropped overruns carrier collisions txqueuelen RX bytes B TX bytes KB Interrupt Base address xa lo Link encap Local Loopback inet addr Mask inet addr Scope Host UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU Metric RX packets errors dropped overruns frame TX packets errors dropped overruns carrier collisions txqueuelen RX bytes KB TX bytes KB email protected And the problem still persists in windoze I m tempted to call bad hardware on this on... Read more

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi!My notebook had not wireless lan driver and wirelees bluetooth driver.  I downloaded the wifi driver with the help of your posts. Thanks to the customer support team.. But I do not find any driver for my Realtek RTL8723BE Bluetooth for WINDOWS 8.1 in this website. please help me. My device's model number is 15-1C-122TU.

A:Want a Realtek RTL8723BE Bluetooth Driver for windows 8.1

Hi, Is this the one you are looking for ?            http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_147638_1&swEnvOid=4158 or you can try from Vendor:           http://www.driversinstaller.com/realtek.html?gclid=CPGi8O6bk84CFQsQvQodJeYPqA Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Want-a-Realtek-RTL8723BE-Bluetooth-Driver-for-windows-8-1/td-p/5703986
Relevancy 37.84%

I am unable to locate Realtek HD Audio Manager on Windows 7. I have the latest drivers installed, and I can access the Realtek soundcard properties through the control panel, but I cannot seem to find the Realtek HD Audio Manager program anywhere.

Anyone know where I can access it?

A:Cannot find Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 7

Someone else had a similar issue in this sub-forum within the last week. I'm not sure if he resolved it.

Try drivers from other sources--motherboard manufacturer, Realtek directly, or whatever.

Go through uninstall/reinstall via Device Manager as well as through the download directly.

It may be that the driver you are using does not include the HD Audio Manager. It can take a ridiculous amount of fiddling and you may or may not succeed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/211597-cannot-find-realtek-hd-audio-manager-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I have one problem.... Before windows 7 I was using XP, and my internet (ADSL) was great. But when I change my comp. to windows 7, I sow that I HAVE PROBLEM.
My problem is Lag when I play Wow, CS 1.6...or when I go on browsers.
Every 8-10 minutes some s.($hi)=()t comes out and I cant play or move anything for 10 secunds, I dk what is it.... My comp dont have any viruses or anything like that... I use 2 firewals and 2 antiviruses...

I use
realtek rtl8168b/8111b family pci-e gigabit ethernet nic (NDIS6.0)
driver...and I think that, that is a reason.... so,...... please help me... how to fix it???

A:Windows 7 internet problem - Realtek driver

2 firewalls and 2 anitviruses is over kill and not reccomended. You only need to run 1 of each. It is highly possible you are having conflicts between your anitviruses and them scanning in the background, thus using up recourses and causing lag. Pick one and uninstall the others. then see if your still experinencing the same problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/45362-windows-7-internet-problem-realtek-driver.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have installed the latest drivers for this new MB and still it tells me in Device manager that HD Audio has been disabled and is using a M/S driver.
OK it may be me with this new OS so bear with me, I have looked in control panel and it tells me no audio installed.... I then look at device manager and there is NO audio/sound tab and under system it does show HD Audio but says it is disabled.
I am confused, any help PLEASE I really want to watch a Blue Ray this weekend....LOL

A:Realtek 889A and Windows 7 Pulling my hair out

Is the Integrated Audio (or may be labeled HD Audio) in the BIOS enabled?

Also, when you first installed Win 7, many motherboards require "chipset drivers" and the chipset drivers usually need to be installed BEFORE installing sound drivers. One of the main things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) all the devices on the motherboard. Basically it's (1) Install OS (2) Install chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/43978-realtek-889a-windows-7-pulling-my-hair-out.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi. Sorry if this question has been asked already.
I purchased a USB wireless adaptor so that I could use my
Tablet hotspot to log into the Internet on my desktop. (Windows vista)
It tells me i have the wireless connection (on my desktop),
Yet when I try to use the internet I am getting a
"This webpage is not available" message.
I am wondering if part of the problem is that I was unable to use the mini-CD
that came with the device, and was instructed to go to a website since my disc slot
Would not hold the mini CD. I hope I'm making sense &#128540;
Thanks!
Donna

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate

the problem with the port and Realtek 8111C

because I want to connect my pc with a crossover cable with a DREAMBOX 500s

I download the driver from Realtek 8111C is compatible with Windows 7 after the site
My motherboard:

http://www.gigabyte.fr/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2932&ost=windows+7+32bit # anchor_os

but the problem it does not connect

and it gives me like this picture

after installing windows 7

Operating mode has its good with windows XP and it works well but with windows 7 it does not even detect

thank you in advance

A:Probleme whete windows 7 realtek Network

Could be a Driver issue try Rolling Back the Network driver or uninstall it and reinstall using Realtek drivers not Microsoft ones. I had an issue where my network adapter was disabled by a Microsoft update a driver roll back fixed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/31171-probleme-whete-windows-7-realtek-network.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi guys, im going to install windows 8.1 on my lenovo g50-30, but thers no wifi Realtek driver to download , only Intel, anyonee has an idea where to get it ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Missing-Wifi-Realtek-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-on-Lenovo-G50-30/td-p/3395114
Relevancy 37.84%

I have Breaks RealTek Update Windows Audio a recent home-build computer using an ASUS Sabertooth FX R motherboard and AMD FX that replaced a dual Xeon motherboard Windows Update Breaks RealTek Audio based home build from that died It has a RealTek ALC on-board audio chipset and it was great for about a week until Monday when it died after rebooting for Windows Update A headset was plugged in and the RealTek HD Audio Manager which opens when you plug or unplug something to do with sound went into a loop where it announced that I had plugged in headphones then plugged in a microphone then unplugged headphones then unplugged microphone which repeated until I unplugged the headset The computer now produces no sound During boot before the sound drivers are installed occasional clicks and bumps are barely audible from the speakers When the audio driver loads there is a quiet click and they grow silent Unfortunately they remain silent no matter what I do see below Right-clicking on the audio icon in the taskbar and selecting quot Playback devices quot produces a screen that shows the speakers as selected as default and selecting that enables a pushbutton that produces a screen in which the speakers can be tested Until Windows Update broke the RealTek audio the test sounds came through the speakers or headphones Now only silence The bar graph of audio output shows that the software is producing the waveforms but they are not coming out the audio jacks anymore The Windows quot Troubleshoot Audio Playback quot utility finds no problems Things that I have done include but are not limited to the following I downloaded and installed the latest November version sound drivers from the ASUS web site These are the same version as were on the motherboard DVD which I also tried No joy I deleted the sound drivers and tried the RealTek drivers found by Windows Update No joy I later looked at a list on the WU web site and found that the latest RealTek sound drivers in the WU database are from I put back the ones from the ASUS web site Still no joy I run the Windows Installation DVD under the quot Upgrade quot option and re-installed Windows During this process I was notified that quot Windows has discovered a problem with NET quot which it fixed No joy I un-installed all audio-related drivers and installed the downloaded ASUS drivers There seems to be no smoking gun in the System Information Hardware Resources Conflicts Sharing list I did a search on quot audio quot in System Information and turned up this repeatedly in the Windows Error Reporting PM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type amp x d amp x a Event Name ScriptedDiagFailure amp x d amp x a Response Not available amp x d amp x a Cab Id amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Problem signature amp x d amp x a P Microsoft Corporation AudioRecordingDiagnostic amp x d amp x a P RC NotDefault DefaultInstanceId amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P Default amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a P amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Attached files amp x d amp x a C Users JamesKBeard AppData Local Temp msdtadmin C D - AE - EA- F -DC E D PkgB AE cab amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a These files may be available here amp x d amp x a C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue NonCritical Microsoft Corpor b f d a b fe cb d cc ecc cab bad amp x d amp x a amp x d amp x a Analysis symbol amp x d amp x a Rechecking for solution amp x d amp x a Report Id f - - e - ad-ac b c d amp x d amp x a Report Status A look at all the Report wer files showed that these were from attempts to run the troubleshooter for audio playback My workaround has been to order a sound card ASUS Xonar DGX PCIe x using the C-Media CMI chipset so I can plug in the front panel connector in case this problem is there for the long haul I have two questions I did a web search and find that Windows Update has been breaking RealTek audio regularly since at least Is this happening a... Read more

A:Windows Update Breaks RealTek Audio

I can't say I've seen this or seen it "a lot" and I've been working this forum for a while and worked the Dell forum for 10 years.

I have RealTek on both a Gigabyte Z77 motherboard (with an i7 3770 CPU) and an ASUS Z77 motherboard (with an i5 3550 CPU) and the sound has worked OK on both Win 7 64 bit and Win 8/8.1 as both systems have dual boot. Both systems are up to date with Windows updates.

I can't say about all of your software and Windows 8.1. I do know you need the latest version of Aconis, older versions do not work with Win 8 (I used to use Acronis and went to Macrium Reflect). I have Office 2003 and its not supposed to work on Win 8/8.1 but it works OK. I have the latest Nero and it is no problem. I have a (home) recording studio and all my software (I use Sonar) and all my hardware devices work the same in 'Win 7 and Win 8.

Back to your sound problem. The first suggestion is to reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers. The chipset drivers identify (define) all the devices on the motherboard. They are key to the on-board audio working correctly, although other problems can also cause sound device problems. But, I would, as a first step, reinstall the chipset drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/314868-windows-update-breaks-realtek-audio.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi guys, im going to install windows 8.1 on my lenovo g50-30, but thers no wifi Realtek driver to download , only Intel, anyonee has an idea where to get it ? 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-30-Missing-Wifi-Realtek-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-on-Lenovo-G50/td-p/3395114
Relevancy 37.84%

I have updated realtek driver to v however updates do not seem to change anything My lappy has an internal mic but also an external mic plug which can be re-purposed but is originally a mic plug The internal mic is connected to ATAPI internal port that much is clear however the External Mic which should be Stereo Mix as I don't see any other recording devices besides the two show NO port in the properties See attached image This precludes me from using an external Mic in the Mic Jack and I am forced to use the internal Mic which sucks for anything but Skype There is some trivial advice going around the web on this issue I am just going to cover it here to prevent repetition No recording device has quot listen to quot enabled None of the jacks have been re-purposed None of the recording devices are enabled as sound communication devices this repurposes them and yes the Mics both are unmuted how trivial is that It doesn't matter which Mic I set as 'default recording device' the stereo mix never record only the internal mic enabled set as default recording levels none of that is the problem tested There is a conspiracy Windows Realtek StereoMix Ult.x64 w/ ALC665 7 WORKING! NOT theory going around that RIAA 'forced' Realtek to cripple StereoMix so that you can't record what you play on your computer but that sounds too crazy as all conspiracies do Finally to underline my problem it is not about the Stereo mix per se but using it or anything else but what to connect an external pro Mic with computer plug not XLR to the mic jack on my lappy It shouldn't matter which laptop is in question since all realtek drivers of ALC seem to have the same problem but it's Alienware M X R cheers G

A:Windows 7 Ult.x64 w/ Realtek ALC665 StereoMix NOT WORKING!

In most cases the PC Vendor's drivers are the preferred drivers. Many times the drivers are customized by the PC vendor for their hardware. I don't know about Alienware, but other Dell's, such as the XPS or Inspiron desktop lines need Dell sound drivers.

The rumor is just that, a rumor and not substantiated as many PC's with RealTek, including two desktops and one laptop that I have with RealTek all have the Stereo Mix (System Mixer).

On some Dell's, as they were delivered the Stereo Mix was disabled. But, all that had to be done was go into the Sound Panel/Recording section. RIGHT click on a blank space in that panel and then click to show disabled and disconnected devices. If Stereo Mix is there it will now be displayed and you can enable it and make it the default recording device.

If the Dell supplied driver does not have Stereo Mix, you can try the generic RealTek drivers however they have a notice to get the drivers from the PC vendor.

You could post this on the special Alienware forum section on the Dell Community and see if someone there has an answer. Dell Alienware Club

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/279616-windows-7-ult-x64-w-realtek-alc665-stereomix-not-working.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Afternoon all Right ive struggled with this for a few weeks so i thought i d let you guys have a go Basically my Gigabyte motherboard uses the HD sporadically Audio cuts Realtek in 7? Windows out Realtek HD Audio AL A codec Ive recently Realtek HD Audio cuts out sporadically in Windows 7? installed Win x and initially installed the latest drivers from the GB website Everything runs fine but i have a sound problem My comp is hooked up Realtek HD Audio cuts out sporadically in Windows 7? to Sony AV receiver speaker setup via Optical cable In the Realtek software i have enabled Dolby Digital Live to take advantage of it as every other option in software only uses speakers stereo The problem is this every so often every minute or so but gaps can be longer or shorter the sound cuts off for a second when playing anything with sound i e games web videos mp s This happens randomly and there doesn t seem to be a pattern to it When the sound cuts out the AV receiver seems to loose the signal i e it clicks from being in Dolby to nothing then back again like its being lost at the source The strange thing is when i disable the Dolby Digital Live in the Realtek software and just use speakers the sound doesnt cut out Obviously this isnt ideal as i want sound in games and movies that support it Ive tried various drivers from the actual Realtek website and Gigabyte there have been numerous revisions over the past weeks and the problem persists The AV receiver is working fine as i have various other devices working with it DVD Sky etc Also the optical port on the mobo amp and the Realtek chip itself seem to be working correctly because i have been using them when switching between a dual install of Win XP on separate partition on HD and the current Win and in XP there is no problem It seems like a driver problem but i was just wondering if anyone had any pearls of wisdom Or do i just need to wait for Gigabyte Realtek to sort it out Cheers Buz nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite C -B and I have Windows I only bought the laptop weeks ago I have not been able to get my computer to hear anything from my external device when I use the mic headphone combo jack I have an adapter plugged in that turns my conductor mm end into a conductor mm end I have set everything up using HD Realtek and can see the icon for the mic-in on my list of enabled recording devices However when I play media the sound bar doesnt move Ive checked with my recording programs and they cant hear the mic-in either I've work. mic) mic-in Realtek wont (external Windows HD 8 checked and HD Realtek mic-in (external mic) wont work. Windows 8 apparently all my drivers and software is up to date I even re-downloaded the recording device drivers and nothing happened Is there a way I can download a different driver for these devices I have seen loads of other forums where people had the same issue with their HD Realtek but nobody was able to help them Is there anything I can do aside from buying a mm to USB adapter that will make my computer hear the mic in Thanks

A:HD Realtek mic-in (external mic) wont work. Windows 8

Do you have the "Stereo Mix" set as the default Recording Device? If some other device, such as an internal mic is set as default no other device can be used in most systems. Setting the Default Recording Device as Stereo Mix then any recording device will be heard.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/62147-hd-realtek-mic-external-mic-wont-work-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok Here we go I'm have a Alienware Aurora early model running Win bit home Have been using a OOntz bluetooth speaker which i would connect through speakers gt playback devices gt speakers headphones This had been working fine for the last years Now that had picked up another new oontz i went into devices and printers and add a new device as soon as that tried to install there was a error I I just unistalled it and reinstalled my older oontz at that point I noticed that the speaker headphone option that I have always used was showing unplugged no red x or anything So now the bluetooth speaker will not play music But as soon as I turn on the OOntz to pair it synce up right away and I head the ding through the speaker as Windows No or headphones 7: in speakers plugged (realtek) are well as shows that I'm connected properly If I turn off the PC I even hear the shut down dint through the speaker So now I have been in contact w Cambridge Audio OONTZ and there at a loss for help I have been searching online and have read hit the F and go into bios and make sure audio is enabled and it was Windows 7: No speakers or headphones are plugged in (realtek) Dont kno what do do next Win bit home have reinstalled the correct widcomm and realtek drivers and that did nothing as I said the bluetooth is working as i can access my cell through it as well as see that the OONtz is connected correctly and do hear sounds from it just no music

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/400744-windows-7-no-speakers-headphones-plugged-realtek.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, Im using Alfa AWUS036H with realtek rtl8187 chipset, the Realtek Wireless LAN Utility software seems not working in windows 7, anyone know how to make it works?
help... thx..

A:Realtek Wireless LAN Utility cant work in windows 7

Have u tried installing the hotkey utility?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/47448-realtek-wireless-lan-utility-cant-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, anybody know how to record sound with realtek hd audio?? I tried sound recorder in windows but no success?

A:Record sound in windows 7 with realtek hd audio??

What exactly are you trying to do, for instance:

record via microphone, record via line input, record a streaming radio station....

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/121001-record-sound-windows-7-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 37.84%

The audio works perfectly fine in Windows XP but not in Windows The problem is I cannot hear anything when I connect my earphones to the front jack I just get VERY quiet audio through my left earphone and nothing at all in the right one I have tried everything - from the stickies to things I've found while browsing this forum but nothing is working ALC Audio Problems x32 Realtek Ultimate - Windows 882, 7 I have integrated audio - Realtek ALC I have installed the latest drivers from both Audio Problems - Realtek ALC 882, Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Realtek sites realtek com tw and realtek cz but they didn't help Audio Problems - Realtek ALC 882, Windows 7 Ultimate x32 I have tried the pin registry hacks Pin Pin and Audio Problems - Realtek ALC 882, Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Pin b to but nothing happened I have fiddled with various settings unticked quot enable jack detection quot set Onboard Audio to Enabled in the bios set Stereo Mixer to default playback device but none of them did anything I am at my wit's end here Really I will appreciate any suggestions even obvious ones at this point I just want the sound to work

A:Audio Problems - Realtek ALC 882, Windows 7 Ultimate x32

The big problem is compatibility with Vista/Windows 7. HP does not have sound drivers for Vista or Windows 7, thus it is not supported. Non vendor (non HP) drivers may or may not work.

I used to do a lot of support on the Dell users forum and there were Dell's that were the same way - XP systems that Dell did not support for Vista/Windows 7. In those cases users were installing separate PCI sound cards that were Windows 7 compatible. You may have to do the same thing.

Vista/Windows 7 handles some audio functions differently than XP and the reason XP drivers are not compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/259127-audio-problems-realtek-alc-882-windows-7-ultimate-x32.html