Windows Support Forum

Very strange custom computer issue

Q: Very strange custom computer issue

I've recently built a new computer for myself and has been running perfect for a few months. A couple days ago whilst gaming/browsing my monitor went into power safe mode and shortly after my computer shut off, I tried to start up again only to have the same problem occur , the only old parts were a graphics card and psu, I just got in a new gpu and installed it successfully. Same problem occurs. All fans are running properly including the heatsink , processor core temps are around 39 , everything seems to be running ok? Thoughts?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Very strange custom computer issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Very strange custom computer issue

Check event viewer to see why it shut down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-strange-custom-computer-issue.204679/
Relevancy 70.52%

So I made a thread some months back about this issue but had troubles figuring out the problem cause I didn t have the PC at the time Long story short I had a functioning PC mailed it to a with build Strange custom issue a friend via FedEx and upon arrival it no longer worked properly What seems to happen is upon start up it will show the boot screen but there are two giant white lines across the screen and everything is off center It then tries to boot into Windows but goes to a BSOD except its all scrambled up and unreadable then the system shuts off I tried removing and reinserting the GPU and HDD but had no success with that same problem Strange issue with a custom build would happen I thought maybe it was the GPU so I took it out of the system and actually put the GPU from my newer system into it First time it booted it up it did go into Windows but it was stuck in -bit mode until I installed the drivers My newer card is also an NVIDIA card and not an AMD like the old one Once I uninstalled the AMD Drivers and installed the Nividia ones it loaded up properly But out of curiousity I decided to put the AMD GPU into my current system and not the broken one and power it on just to see if the same sorta screen problem would happen However it actually worked fine just it didn t display the correct resolution because there s no AMD drivers on my newer system So I put the card back into the old system tried booting it up same problem happened Screen would have white lines and then scrambled BSOD So far I have unplugged the GPU completely unplugged and the HDD and reset the CMOS Though I am not sure I did this properly I did remove the battery from the MOBO while the system was powered off but didn t attempt to turn it on while removed to try and drain any excess power from the system Any ideas what might be causing this issue though It s just strange to me that this system doesn t seem to want to load properly with the original video card I had in it despite the card working in a different system and the system working fine with a different card Here are the specs for my old system MOBO GIGABYTE GA-EP -UD L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard GPU PowerColor AX GBD -HM Radeon HD GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale Dual-Core GHz LGA W Processor BX E HDD Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ For my new one if needed OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock H M nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-with-a-custom-build.1136927/
Relevancy 68.37%

The issue started about a year ago, when I fully assembled the computer. Whenever I would play a graphically-intensive game, such as DayZ, the game would play for around 10 - 30 minutes, and then all of a sudden, the computer would just shut off.

Seems like 50% of the time, the screen would just go black, but the machine would just stay on, continually, until I was forced to do a manual restart. The other 50% of the time, the screen would do something... Strange. Then, the computer would reboot on its own, and a message box would appear saying something along the lines of, "Windows has recovered from an unexpected error".

This is a very irritating issue that I absolutely adore the thought of getting solved.

Any and ALL help would be appreciated.

A:Strange BSOD Issue With Custom-Built PC, Error 0x124

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80071458f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0x124's are typically related to a hardware issue and can only be isolated by stress testing the major components.

If overclocking, reset all overclocks back to their default settings and then follow these:

RAM - run for a minimum of 8 consecutive passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

CPU - run the HIGH test
CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

Video - run the FURMARK test for 20mins
Graphics Card Problems - Diagnose
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Storage - run the SHORT test using the DOS version
SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

Code:
Host Name: ADD1995-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Add1995
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173
Counterfeit installations such as yours contains heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable.

My recommendation is to start with a clean slate, and install a genuine version of Windows. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366003-strange-bsod-issue-custom-built-pc-error-0x124.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just recently built my new computer, and have noticed that i keep getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod. This tends to come up after playing a game for an hour or so, but the times are usually random. It has even happened while running other programs....which is slightly annoying. I thought it might be the ram cards, so i took one off, which delayed the issues it seemed...but they are back. I can still run windows and everything, so not sure how severe it is.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello there, first time posting on the forums.

I built my computer a few months ago (July) and have been experiencing a BSOD very often recently. I wasn't doing anything different when it started happening, no new programs or anything.

IT DOES SEEM TO HAPPEN MORE WITH MICROSOFT OUTLOOK OPEN. Not sure if this is a coincidence. It does happen even with Outlook closed.

Here's the log:

Attachment 346860

Much appreciated!

A:BSOD around every 30 hours on custom computer, may be Outlook issue

You have had many BSODs. I did not check the cause of everyone, but checked at least 6. They were all consistent, so I am pretty sure of the cause. It seems to be a memory problem. We need to test your ram.
Using Memtest
Run for at least 8 passes, for each stick.
Then run for at least 8 passes, using a good stick and testing each slot.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_ROB-PC-Sun_01_18_2015_155236_52.zip\110314-11169-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0305c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0329f890
Debug session time: Mon Nov 3 00:31:24.603 2014 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 5 days 7:55:10.743
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80003372c0f, fffff8800a4edf20, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnsecureVirtualMemory+15f )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80003372c0f, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a4edf20, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiUnsecureVirtualMemory+15f
fffff800`03372c0f 488b0f mov rcx,qword ptr [rdi]
CONTEXT: fffff8800a4edf20 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800a4edf20)
rax=4000000000000000 rbx=fffffa800ab13060 rcx=4000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffffa8007984550 rdi=4000000000000000
rip=fffff80003372c0f rsp=fffff8800a4ee900 rbp=0000000000000001
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=00000000000007d1
r11=fffff8800a4ee910 r12=fffffa8007984768 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
nt!MiUnsecureVirtualMemory+0x15f:
fffff800`03372c0f 488b0f mov rcx,qword ptr [rdi] ds:002b:40000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: winlogon.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80003372c0f
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a4ee900 00000000`00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358767-bsod-around-every-30-hours-custom-computer-may-outlook-issue.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So i have a Radeon x pro strange issue really A my computer with and wanted A really strange issue with my computer to put A really strange issue with my computer it in my system I tried putting it in with my current power supply but it didnt have enough power So i had to replace my old powersupply with a new W A really strange issue with my computer one So im having my friend install the the new powersupply and when we hook it in we had it on top of the computer just in case and it explodes We put my old one back in along with my graphics card and it works fine Normally i would get a no signal screen but now it works fine But heres the odd part I did this at my friends house and the plug the new power supply was hooked into when it blew up is the only plug anywhere that will let my video card run without a no signal screen Im wondering if anybody knows what may have happened and why that wall socket is the only one it will work in Thanks nbsp

A:A really strange issue with my computer

Some wall sockets restrict power output and vice versa, depending on how well the electrical system is set up in the home. Word of advice though, you should never connect a computer directly into the wall and always use at least a 6-socket surge protector. The fact the power supply blew up on you could mean the outlet is not to spec, the unit was faulty, or there was a static/ground issue (placing the PSU on top of the tower is basically the same thing as having it actually installed). It doesn't sound like either of you has too much experience with computer or electronic equipment, so I would suggest reading up on how to properly install a PSU and finding an affordable UPS unit to prevent any future damage to hardware. APC makes some affordable devices and they are hard to not recommend.

Also, know that not all power supplies are created equal, and some are just garbage...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-really-strange-issue-with-my-computer.165191/
Relevancy 55.47%

Whenever I try to turn my computer on after it has been shut off for the night only the fans go on and it fails to boot. After turning the motherboard off and on it will boot with one beep going off during post, and according to the User Guide manual, the possible errors could be: "keyboard controller error", "Refresh time error", or "No Master drive detected". It still stars however, but some programs don't run on startup and it is overall extremely slow. Then I restart my computer and everything is running perfectly.

Any ideas what is causing this? And sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I wasn't exactly sure where to post.

A:Strange computer issue

Absolutely anything could be causing it.

We can only work with the information you give us.

We need to know what pc it is for starters. What windows version you have. Information about any recent hardware changes.

The more info you give us, the greater the chance of us diagnosing your problem.

The single beep on bootup is normal btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-computer-issue.86427/
Relevancy 55.04%

If i turn the computer off for a while once I come to turning it back on i have Strange on turning Issue computer to press Strange Issue turning computer on the Power Button Strange Issue turning computer on at least or more times I had this happen Strange Issue turning computer on once before but i bought a new mb Graphics Card and the problem stopped Earlier this week i was away from my computer while I went downstairs and when I came back it had turned itself off This is when it started not turning on right away again We had no power cuts or anything like that during that time so I am not sure why it turned off We did have a Power Cut earlier tonight though for a few seconds and to turn the computer back on I had to press the Power Button at least or more times before it would actually start up After the Power Cut my Network Card failed so I had to replace with another from a different machine The computer makes a noise as if it s starting but will then just die so after or more times of pressing ON button it will finally start and then everything seems fine again strange Does anyone know what could be causing this Any ideas Many thanks Nester nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I have Issue Computer Down Shut Strange a year old eMachines desktop yes I know that I m working on for a friend and it s got some very strange issues The system will begin it s boot process it POST s and then it shuts down once Vista starts loading My first instinct was some type of power supply issue I tested the power supply Strange Computer Shut Down Issue and it tested out OK but I still put in a spare working PSU If I am in the BIOS setup screen Strange Computer Shut Down Issue or if I disconnect the hard drive the system will stay booted with no issue I ve monitored CPU temps in BIOS and they are normal but as soon as I plug the hard drive in or let the computer start booting up as normal I ve Strange Computer Shut Down Issue had system booted for last minutes and no issue but if the hard drive is plugged in the system will shut down completely about seconds into Windows Vista boot process Thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello i have followed the instructions for quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot and - & issue sure what running v Computer strange is slow not have successfully run DDS and Computer running v slow & strange - not sure what issue is GMER can someone please help me in reviewing these files and understanding next steps i have had virus on other computers before and i feel this is the same problem with something running in the background computer running high when no programs are running thank you here is the DDS txt file and i have attached the quot attach quot amp quot gmer quot files DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by tkg at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated F C - CE- C F- C- B A B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated B E DCD- F - E - D C- CF DCF A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral b f f f b STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral b f f f b aestsrv exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Dell Ambient Light Sensor AlsSvc exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Dell Dell ControlP... Read more

A:Computer running v slow & strange - not sure what issue is

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397980/computer-running-v-slow-strange-not-sure-what-issue-is/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys i checked the forums if someone has a similar win7 custom problems for visual and themes Strange with bugs problem to mine but didnt find anything If i just overlooked it im sorry my english isnt the best so i maybe just searched wrong But here is my problem I am using custom themes for my win x I used universal theme patcher to be able to do so Now i have several problems first of the back- and forward button and the windows icon in the taskbar doesnt change But my biggest problem is that sometimes not everytime i run the computer i get this weird horizontal stripes Most of the time they are black but sometimes they are white The screenshot seems a little bit strange Thats because i took a screenshot of me Strange visual bugs and problems with custom themes for win7 editing a previous screenshot in paint I did this because while i edited it more lines appeared Im using the spaceblueberries theme from deviantart but this doesnt matter cause all of the problems occur on any custom theme The second problem with the bars even appears in the normal win aero theme from windows Guess i broken something somewhere My Strange visual bugs and problems with custom themes for win7 biggest problem is the second one and i highly assume that it is because of the custom theme Im also running rocket dock in the background but thats basically it Hope someone knows a solution and thanks in advance Edit heres the screen

A:Strange visual bugs and problems with custom themes for win7

Welcome to the Seven Forums

If this is happening with all third-party custom themes and the Windows 7 default Aero theme then I am making a guess that it is your graphic card drivers may need to be updated, go to your computer makers website and look for the latest drivers using your model number

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/263108-strange-visual-bugs-problems-custom-themes-win7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Yesterday pc Activation custom on issue! I picked up my custom pc and I couldn't afford a new windows so I had my nearest computer store pass over my windows from my old Pavilion dv - dx over to this new pc I tried to Activation on custom pc issue! get my hard drive from my laptop installed in my new pc but it wasn't in good shape so they had to pass it over to a new hard drive an ssd to be exact For the moment Windows is running fine but its not activated I reached out to MS support and two people tried through remote session to get it activated but they weren't successful A third person helped me out without doing remote session and basically Activation on custom pc issue! told me to reach out to you guys so you can send me a windows installer through my email so it can be activated I don't have an optical drive built in my new pc and that way I can upgrade to Windows I have my product key and proof of purchase in case its needed which I imagine it is so please if anyone from HP support help me out with my issue It'd be very much appreciated If anyone can Thank You

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Activation-on-custom-pc-issue/td-p/5664858
Relevancy 47.73%

I installed a custom start orb a little over two weeks ago with the program Start Orb Changer. Once in a blue moon when I shut the PC down and restart the next morning the start orb changes to the default start orb. It did the same thing this morning when I booted up my PC. It doesn,t do it everytime I shutdown but at random times. Any ideas on what might be causing the custom orb to change to the default one? Thanks.

A:Custom Start Orb Issue

Did you use 'Windows 7 Start Orb Changer'?

If you did, run it as Administrator and click on Restore. After the start orb has been restored, change it again to your custom one, remembering to run the tool as Admin.

If this still doesn't work, try option two in the below tutorial to change it via a Resource Editor.
Start Menu Button - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/185636-custom-start-orb-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I custom built a PC for a client with an AMD quad core Phenom about 8 months ago. The PC operated perfectly until recently, when it would intermittently not boot to windows when turned on. According to my client he would just keep tiring to boot the computer and until it did.

Now that a have the computer and am training to trouble shoot, when I press the power button I can hear the boot process but the monitor does not respond. After re-starting it several times im still unsure if I can determine if I can hear any activity coming from the hard disk during the boot.

I replaced the PCI Express video card with one known to be good for the same result.

Any insight or advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

A:Hardware issue with custom PC.

Have you tried different memory, or reseating/testing the RAM? Could also be the power supply or the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-issue-with-custom-pc.774363/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I have built a custom rig and was able to play on it great but there was a buzzing noise coming from the PSU after less than two weeks the PSU failed and I was no longer able to use he computer Custom Rig Issue Graphics I recently replaced the PSU with a better name brand one but now the PSU will buzz and the graphics card will not render for gaming Seeing as I bought this computer primarily for gaming this is an issue any help is appreciated PSU CORSAIR CX series CX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PROC AMD FX- Zambezi -Core GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Desktop Processor http www newegg Custom Rig Graphics Issue com Product Product aspx Item N E GPU ECS NGTX - GPI-F GeForce GTX Fermi GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MOTHERBOARD MSI A-G AM AMD SB SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Custom Rig Graphics Issue

I would guess that you have a short somewhere on that. It is usually the screws into the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-rig-graphics-issue.1130496/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. I know how to change my folder icons--Properties, Customize, Change Icon--but I don't actually know what this does. I'm asking because I changed a bunch of icons on an external HDD with .ico files from my computer, but I think I moved the original folder and the thumbnails vanished.

Does this mean that when I set an icon, I have to keep the image folder in the same path as it was when it was originally set? And if I store the icons on the HDD, would they display properly on other computers as well?

A:Issue with custom folder icons

Welcome to the Seven Forums

Quote:
Does this mean that when I set an icon, I have to keep the image folder in the same path as it was when it was originally set?

Yes

Quote:
And if I store the icons on the HDD, would they display properly on other computers as well?

Most likely they would not display properly because technically you are changing the path again, would be a different computer name or different username will change the path.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/257244-issue-custom-folder-icons.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an hp 8620 that  I am unable to print pages 1-2 of 10. Is there anyway you can help me fix this problem. Sometimes I only need a few pages and not the whole amount. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Printer-issue-with-custom-print/td-p/5850520
Relevancy 47.3%

So I want to make this as detailed as possible so first my specs MB MSI A-G AMD AM R Mobo VGA ASUS GTX Build no post issue. Custom TI-DC OC- GD R Video Card PSU TT SP- PCBUS W R Power Supply CPU AMD -CORE FX- G M R Processor MEM Gx GSKILL F - CL D- GBXL Ram HD G WD SATAIII WD AAKX Hard Drive The Situation So I got the computer with all these parts yesterday assembled it myself Turned it on nothing No post but my hmdi monitor is recognizing the connection because it doesn t stay in sleep mode when the pc is turned on Opened it up this morning took out a stick of ram and tried again Now I m being told quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Custom Build no post issue. Boot device and press a key quot So I press a key and nothing happens Reboot and can t get into the bios to change boot settings I see a MSI logo screen appear for just a few seconds then it goes away to the above message If I disconnect everythign except cpu i get one beep and two after that Custom Build no post issue. in quick succession Let me Custom Build no post issue. know if I left anything out or if you just need more info I was so excited to get this build up and going but noooo Anyways I m new to the site thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I am unable to Print pages 1-2 out of 10.  Sometimes I only need a few pages out of the whole amount. Can you please help me find the issue? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Printer-issue-with-custom-printing/td-p/5850525
Relevancy 47.3%

This is so not that important.....a one on a scale of 1-10. Not even.

When I change one of my desktop icons to the custom one I want, it stays for a little while and then, eventually reverts back to the default one on some subsequent boot. I have tried more than one icon, so it's not as if one is corrupt or sumthin.

I know....this is my only issue with all my current puters., I count my blessings.

But I like it when things work as they should.

A:[SOLVED] Custom Icon Issue

Edit: am tryng to figure this out on my own as usual; just found this, wut does this mean?

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/inde...howtopic=14531

I should add, everything else I customize....that is almost everything....stays customized.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-custom-icon-issue-179964.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently built a new pc without a dvd drive and I am having issues with the installation of windows 7. I have been trying to use a bootable USB to install it but the pc keeps going to the bios and not booting up. I have selected my USB as the 1st boot preference and i just cant understand why it wonmt work.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/windows-7-installation-issue-new-custom-pc-4598129/
Relevancy 46.44%

(I'm not sure which part of the forum this fits into, so I'm guessing it's alright to be in this one).

I have Vista, and at the moment I'm using a custom theme for Vista Basic called "Vista Black for Vista Basic:

I'm using it because I think it might increase performance in games and it's a dark black that Aero can't match (Unless transparency is enabled).

Problem comes when I save something through firefox:

The text to the left of the filename and filetype bars are unreadable. I can changed the text color to white via the system option in the advanced part of the display settings, but that makes firefox tabs white texted, Ventrilo white and unreadable, etc.

I know it's not a big issue, but I'm wondering if there's ANY way to fix this? (besides using Aero)

A:Custom Vista Basic Theme Issue

Hi,

Not a complete solution but for the Firefox issue you may want to check out an addons for tabs, I use colorfultabs which is available on the Mozilla add-ons site, this allows you to control what color the tabs are and also alows you to invert the tab text color.

May save the eyestrain a little

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217391-custom-vista-basic-theme-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

EDIT I think it box. New Solved: SoundMAX audio custom issue actually may be a problem with the hard drive I know it s a strange setup and all And I have had this sort of audio distortion before when my hard drives in my other box were acting funny Perhaps I should try the fix I used on my other computer I will post results as soon as I get around to it EDIT I actually decided not to just go ahead and reinstall my hard drive controllers Rather I decided to run HDTune and see what I could find Transfer Rate Min MB sec Max MB sec Avg MB sec Access time ms Burst rate MB sec CPU Usage This isn t running as fast as it should but not as slow as the other ones either Another bit well worth mentioning is that when I had first tried to install this hard drive there were bad sectors It is an old maxtor i ve had kicking around I ran HDD regenerator which took forever but it said it recovered bad sectors I still had to format the drive before installing windows otherwise it wouldn t locate the install files I just built a new PC Everything has gone just fine aside from a small issue dealing with bad sectors but I Solved: New custom box. SoundMAX audio issue cleared it up Anyway so I have it up and running windows I ran automatic update got everything I need but I ve encountered problems Problem My gets choppy for a second every few minutes Problem I got a BSOD while installing SP However I was having the audio issues before trying to install SP I was just hoping maybe something in SP could remedy my issue I have upgraded to the most recent drivers etc and the problem with my sound still persists I am not so worried about the SP BSOD that can wait My basic overview of my computer specs are as follows MB OCZ DDR MHz - RAM GB Maxtor IDE hard drive piggy backed on my only IDE port with my disc drive Core duo GHz ATI Radeon HD XT - Graphics card Asus P K Deluxe Mobo with SoundMax HD integrated audio Things to take note of The case I have uses front audio jacks as well which are listed separately in the dxdiag below Also the radeon has it s own audio output which is also listed in the dxdiag below I hope this is more than enough information to spot the error I am at a loss here I don t believe the problem lies with the hardware because I booted a linux liveCD and didn t seem to have any problems These are the specs from dxdiag Time of this report Machine name HAL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model P K Deluxe BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode But to be more precise here are my integrated soundchip specs Description SoundMAX HD Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN D amp DEV B amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ADIHdAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider AnalogDevices HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management Yes EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm Yes Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description ATI HD Audio rear output Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name AtiHdAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider ATI HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xB B Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Tes... Read more

A:Solved: New custom box. SoundMAX audio issue

I would get a new hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-custom-box-soundmax-audio-issue.716198/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I downloaded the student edition of windows 7 Home Premium, I am currently running Vista Ultimate so cannot do an upgrade and have to do a custom install.

I downloaded it fine, ran it, it opens up fine with the blue windows 7 opening screen, I select install, then select custom install. In the next window I have an empty white box which I presume is supposed to list my HD's allowing me to select where I want to install Windows 7. None of my HD's are showing up, I'm given the option to browse or scan, when I select this it gives me the message-

No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Custom Install Issue-No Device Drivers

Please complete your system specs if you can. Especially hard drives and whether or not they are SATA and/or in a RAID configuration.

There was an article on the net that showed how to upgrade from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 7 Home Premium. It might work in Vista's case as well. (I would give you the link but I was warned not to post it)

Maybe someone else knows the link to a guide on this site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33325-windows-7-custom-install-issue-no-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am getting various BSODs after installing Windows and if hardware or issue can't build driver BSOD in custom Multiple tell still haven't figured out the cause of the problem and what I need to do to fix it Here is a log of what I did problems I experienced don't know if helpful -installed windows drivers for motherboard gpu and wireless adapter -installed avast various softwares chrome borderlands -could not start borderlands encountered a problem and had to close with no explaination -tried to Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue install path of exile skyrim BSOD during install process pfn list corrupt irql not less equal others -Uninstalled Avast and fixed the Avast issue ran whocrashed Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue and listed Avast as a cause -Updated motherboard BIOS to BSOD problem persists with game installs chrome still crashes a couple times Aw Snap crashes -Installed windows got BSOD during installation process but was able to boot to OS windows files located in windows old folder -installed motherboard drivers directly from website installed GPU drivers from disc did not upgrade installed wireless drivers from website -could not install VGA driver from website due to compatibility error -installed various software tried to install skyrim still BSOD -tried to delete windows old file but some parts are still left out don't know if this is an issue or not -memtest overnight with both memory sticks attached passes -bluescreenview all BSOD have ntoskrnl exe highlighted in red some have ntoskrnl and other drivers highlighted -chkdsk didn't come up with anything -sfc scannow located a problem but was unable to fix -ran DLGDIAG HDD website and passed but SMART lists the HDD as FAIL -getting multiple appcrashes and BEX problems from chrome windows and internet explorer throughout -went into safe mode and successfully installed skyrim a BSOD source -cannot open skyrim and quot program might not have installed correctly quot pops up -installed malwarebytes but after install gave appcrash and comp froze requiring manual boot -ran sfc scannow and got Memory Management BSOD could not complete scannow -rebooted and successfully ran sfc scannow still shows a problem but could not fix Thanks for the help in advance

A:Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue

Hi,

Your installation is counterfeit activated using the LENOVO (BLACKLISTED!) key.
There is no point analysing your issue as your system may be compromised by the Activation
exploit used.

The best course of action is to:Purchase a legitimate Windows 7 licence.
Format the HDD.
Reinstall Windows and activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301473-multiple-bsod-custom-build-cant-tell-if-driver-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So in short my problem is that my computer turns on but doesn't boot the OS leaving me staring at a blank screen The issue started a while back when i upgraded the wireless adapter in my computer the adapter i was using was starting not to function properly so i purchased a new one the one i had originally was an ASUS PCE-N and the one i bought to replace it was a TP-LINK N and both of them are PCI adapters When i Boot confusing with Complex custom 8.1 windows build issue on and went to swap out the parts the instructions for the ASUS adapter said that before changing adapters i had to uninstall the ASUS drivers that for the adapter however when i uninstalled the drivers the uninstall failed halfway through and blue screened my computer the error code it gave was IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL then the computer restarted itself and sent me back to the login page When i tried to type in the password for my account it blue screened again with the same error code This happened five or six more times before i gave up and just cut the power and swapped the ASUS adapter with the TP-LINK Complex and confusing Boot issue with windows 8.1 on custom build one This actually stopped the blue screen from comming up However now my computer wouldn't boot every time i turned it on and i had to cycle to power a few times to get it to boot up properly However once it got started i wouldn't have any issues After doing some searching i found that the drivers for the ASUS adapter had not been fully removed so i went and tried to remove them again in the hopes that it would solve my boot issues Then during the uninstall a window popped up telling me that in order to remove the drivers the ASUS adapter had to be in the computer so i turned off the computer and swapped the adapter back to the ASUS one When i turned my machine on the same thing as before happened sign in blue screen restart sign in blue screen restart ect Since that wasn't getting me anywhere i cut the power again and swapped it back to the TP-LINK adapter But this time the problem had gotten worse the computer wouldn't boot at all I have no idea how to fix this so any help whatsoever would be deeply appreciated Things I Have Tried using the ASUS adapter using the TP-LINK adapter removing the adapter entirely removing the GPU removing the drive removing the drive and trying to make it boot of the windows OEM disc trying to boot a different OS of a completely different drive a friend lent me a hard drive he used for testing PCs it used linux and nothing came up trying to boot my drive on a different computer problem is probably a lot bigger than a bad driver because now the second computer i used to test my drive has the exact same issue

A:Complex and confusing Boot issue with windows 8.1 on custom build

I really need some help on this since i have a lot of important files on this computer does anyone know a fix for this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585872/complex-and-confusing-boot-issue-with-windows-81-on-custom-build/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I've been having a BSOD issue that started last month. It has happened 7 times and i've ran memtest and checked my hard drives and they appear to running smoothly. The issue occurs when my computer has been left on for a while and often begins with the screen blurring and sound going haywire which leads to think it may be a graphics card issue. :-/ This PC is only about a year old.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8720C008
BCP2: 92DA553E
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey, I have just put together a computer and the only thing that i kept form my last build is the hard drive. I understand that windows doesn't like to be thrown in with totally new hardware, but I would like to avoid getting a new HDD, OS and loosing all my programs most importantly things like Microsoft office.
I got windows to run on my new computer but it was slow and stuttery, which i would like not to be the case.
So is there any way for me to get my HDD to work with my new computer? any help would be endlessly appreciated.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128632-using-hard-drive-old-computer-new-custom-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

Ok so let me start from the beggining. I have a Easy g4000 headset that uses both a audio jack and a mic jack as well as a usb (the usb doesn't work at all, and i cant seam to find the driver for it) I bought a logetich z323 external speaker system. When i plug the logetich into the back audio jack and the headset into the front only the headset works and vice versa. I am so confused I don't understand why both audios cant work together. Also it seems that both are being recognized as the same speaker unit. can anyone help?

A:Please help me this issue is so strange

Your audio card/chip should support this type of interface. An example of such is the Realtek Control Panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586041/please-help-me-this-issue-is-so-strange/
Relevancy 43%

I'm having this issue where after an unknown period of time text and elements from any open applications begin to suddenly start flashing and then they disappear eventually my system becomes virtually unresponsive Thats the best I can describe the issue anyway I've Strange Issue ran several virus scans with Avira Anti-vir after updating definitions and it was unable to detect anything suspicious I've also ensured that my drives are up-to-date and I'm still experiencing this issue Here are the DDS Strange Issue results Attach txt and GMER results are attached to this post as well DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system UMonit exe C Program Files dcmsvc dcmsvc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razertra exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerofa exe C Documents and Settings Owner YOUR- A E B Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M MS- mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M MS- BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PodcastBHO Class fdf-f a - b d- d -cdf cfd - c program files common files doubletwist IEPodcastPlugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c windows system BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB C D -ECB - B - -F DCC - No File TB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnoti... Read more

Relevancy 43%

So I play WOW at around 32 FPS. My Fps will often dip to as low as 3-6 Fps. To fix this I unplug my laptop and minimize the window for 30seconds and it goes back to 32Fps. It never fails. It wont work if its not unplugged or minimized for less than 30seconds. So basically I spend alot of my time in 25 man Ulduar doing this and I'm so sick of it. I'm guessing it's a setting in my Power Options that I have set incorrectly. It's not a heat issue as my laptop runs very cold at all times with the fans I use. Any help with pinpointing this issue would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-fps-issue.848659/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Forum,
I have a windows Vista laptop that had a virus and needs formatting.

However when I start the install procedure through DOS it overheats and shuts down. However I do not have this issue in windows.

Also I have two odd issues in windows, one it wont read disks in windows but it will in DOS.

Also when I press the caps lock key I loose the keyboard and touchpad. So i need to restart.

I have ensured the BIOS, Motherboard and Keyoard drivers are all up to date.

Regards
Richard Baker

A:Strange issue

Hi Richard and Welcome to TSF,

If we back up a bit to the reinstallation part. What makes you think it got overheated during the process? Does it just shut down or are you given any faultcodes etc?

What you should do is:
Make a proper backup.
Start the installation > Choose Custom install.
Remove all partitions available.
Mark the "Unallocated space" > New partition > Create.
Mark it > Format > Continue with installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-issue-595227.html
Relevancy 43%

I have Dell Inspiron Laptop N5050.this is 1month old.Yesterday I upset while connecting network cable touchpad not working,and cursor move around and working automatically by opening start programms, opening folders etc. when removed the network cable,slowly it comes into usual way . But when I connecting USB mouse , the problem not showing. Pls help me anybody have the solution pls share with me
Thanks and regards
Ram

Hi
I have dell lap with win7 os. Yesterday I changed my partition , by changing C-drive size by shrinking. Say new size is 40 GB - unallocated. This unallocated size I can't format. When I selecting make simple volume , it shows error the hard drive contains maximum number of partitions , you can't make new partitions.
Hard drive contains already c d e partitions.
How I can make this newly created unallocated space to be useful
Pls help me.
Thanks and Regards
Ram

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233768-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Howdy, I'm new here and need help (bet you've heard that > 4K times before)

I have an XP problem which has started recently - whenever I click on a folder/file, XP opens the rename dialog around the name (file/folder name turns blue, cursor appears & most annoyingly prevents scrolling). It makes navigating the file structure infuriating. Has anyone seen anything similar before? Know how to fix it? Nothing springs to mind which could have triggered this, it just started going wrong

(Its an ASUS eeePC - 1005HA with 2GB ram, everything else stock standard)

Thank you very muchly in advance for any input at all...

A:Strange XP Issue

I have M$oft Security Essentials (is that a good AV?) and it hasn't shown anything up. Is it worth using an online scanner (Panda/Trend)?

Unfortunately I don't have any backup / restore for this machine.

Is the renaming file/folder dialog appearing a common result of virus infection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-xp-issue.983638/
Relevancy 43%

My with PC issue Strange PC started acting up this afternoon Strange issue with PC The screen went out like a cable came loose or something checked the cables and all was good so I tried to turn off but didn t work so switched off in the back and when I tried to turn it back on it didn Strange issue with PC t boot up but you could hear it running So I decided to take the PC apart and clean it thinking maybe it was dusty dirty I took the power unit off and opened it and cleaned all the dust and dirt out with some can air I then put everything back together except now the computer won t turn on at all The mother board has a green light on when the computer is plugged up so I believe its getting power but when I push the power button nothing I removed everything except my DVD drive and hard drive in case of conflicts but still nothing I have an ASUS P S -MX mother board with gigs of ram Up until this I had not had any issues with my PC nbsp

A:Strange issue with PC

It would be good if you could arrange for a different PSU to test. It seems like the power supply may be at fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-pc.142212/
Relevancy 43%

Hey all been to a few forums but had no help with this issue and everyone seem sreally helpful here so hope someone can help Recently upgrade dmy pc with a ConRoe PE asrock board and a intel q so I could have quad processing with my CGI work without the price tag of new ddr and pci x cards Everything seemed fine and windows installed but Iv been having the same issue over and over When I boot up the pc keybaord will flash monitors will respond and motherboard bios info comes up no errors runs fine Gets to the windows xp page and just as it finishes loading as its about to enter the login page the monitors dual monitors does same on a single go into stand by but pc remains the same If I reboot the system after or tries it will successfully get into teh desktop and the PC Strange help issue please will run for hours doing whatever you want using it now to write this The problem is worse on a cold boot when the system has been off for over an hour or so but mostly in the morning Strange issue please help Instead of just going into stand by Strange issue please help it will actually restart itself eventually asking me if I want to start windows normally or with last good settings Same error though in same place each time Iv tried alot im a noive when it comes to fixing but I dont mind trying new things and often build new systems Strange issue please help just havent come across this before Memtest has been run no errors and ram was re seated Tried a more powerful psu no difference Updated all drivers and motehrboard bios Reformatted windows xp and scanned HDD also check for the usual viruses etc Nothing All I can think of is that its something to do with the VGA as aparently just after teh boot screen this is when the drivers for the graphics are loaded Iv tried the default drivers windows xp gives after device install and cd drivers and newest drivers made no difference Voltages going into the card where on low tried high still no difference Changed DVI freqency even though its on a converter to two CRT s no difference Its the same card I used in my previous system with the same monitors and all tahst changed is the motherboard and Cpu What I dont understand is if the cpu or motherboard was faulty why only do it after the boot screen and why when successful run perfectly Surely if it wa sthe hardware Id have crashes and what not after booting Really stuck on this guys run out of ideas and dont have a spare AGP card to test without buying a x or something and then returning it if its the same Computer sepcs are below along with detail I got from windows for the error I dont always get an error only sometimes when I successfully gets to the desktop Motherboard ConRoe PE asrock CPU Q intel core quad ghz HDD Samsung spin point gb lots of free space GPU ATI FireGL x t PSU Tagan easycon watt optical drives sony dvd cd-rw Monitors x dell quot on crt adapters connected to DVI ports Error code e parameter c parameter afa a parameter aff c parameter aff Varys between and e I have four minidump files but didnt know how to open the files to copy paste the info Hope someone can help although I can use the PC its very irritating having to reboot the pc - times after a cold boot just to get onto the desktop Changes made to gpu setitngs did help like the DVI freqency allowed me to reboot times in a row no problem but as soon as I turned the PC off and cam eback after food same thing happened Incase I didnt mention doesnt always happen of the time it will fail but is worse after cold boot Just doesnt make sense nbsp

A:Strange issue please help

So the ATI FireGL x2 is an AGP card with 256 MB?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-please-help.76788/
Relevancy 43%

I purchased a used IBM thinkpad t20 with a cd/dvd rom drive which swaps with a floppy drive. When I boot up, the cd/dvd is not recognized. If I insert the floppy, it gets recognized and the unplug icon appears. If I use the unplug to remove the floppy, and insert the cd/dvd, it gets recognized, and works fine. Then when I shut down and reboot later, it is gone again, and I have to repeat the process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Running Win2000 by the way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-cd-rom-issue.351620/
Relevancy 43%

hi,

i had problems with xp service pack 2, now as i said i cannot run anything in control panel, because rundll32.exe is missing it says but the file is in system32 directory, i beleive it is a kind of registry problem, after then wahtever i want to run it says application not found, andthen doesnt matter what kind of program i want to install windows tries to associate with a program, a dialog box appears and than doesn't setup any program. i don't understand at all what is the problem. i had a lot of spyware i clean them all before install sp2. help me out

one more thing is that even if i try to associate a program the dialog box which contains files and folders it disappears by itself.

A:very strange issue

Register the file by using Regsvr32.exe. For example, type the following command in Start - Run:

Regsvr32 rundll32.exe

If it registers, the following success code is displayed:

DllRegisterServer in rundll32.exe succeeded.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-strange-issue-43126.html
Relevancy 43%

In all my years of building and supporting PCs I have never encountered this before In the system listed in System Specs I was trying to open some media files on my D drive which is the WD Caviar Black A few of them hung up for a little while and then gave me a Windows Media Player error about server execution failing After about the th one issue Strange HDD my Explorer window closed Strange HDD issue which was displaying the root of D I noticed D was missing in Explorer completely and also from Device Manager Damn I thought I rebooted and my BIOS hung on the AHCI detection screen and didn't find the drive I powered off the system checked the cables and powered back up The drive was detected and was visible in Explorer as well I downloaded and ran the WD Data Lifeguard tools and my drive passed the quick and extended tests I've rebooted several times and the drive seems fine Has anyone ever encountered something like this

A:Strange HDD issue

I've herd tale of SATA cables working themselves loose and causing what you described exactly...the cause of this is from the electrical current itself. However minimal the current, the current vibrates and given certain circumstances and conditions this vibration has led to fires. Those conditions are all based on the product quality, installation of product and the type of area that the wires are being installed.

Mind you this is info for a house...which I've personally seen the result of and me and my crew got the job of renovating half of a house. This came right from the Fire Marshall and Fire investigator.

Now all that being said the electrical current can cause the SATA connection to vibrate just enough to partially disrupt the signal so it's not being recognized. As we all know, some of those SATA cable connectors are not that snug fitting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/214438-strange-hdd-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Windows 7
14 posts

hmm.. i reinstalled windows 7 and now no BSOD come yet. but i got another problem. i don't know what's going on, well follow my problem. when i shut down my computer and when display goes of, it's sid on monitor as a normal.. monitor goes to sleep. and that's cool but sumtimes more often ,, CPU itself, not switching off.. i ahve to press power button for few seconds to switch it off by force. and the second problem. after i 'm away from my pc and when it's an idle, and when i return and wanna enter to my pc.. when i click my mouse or even keyboard.. nothing changes, it still keeps sleeping (idling) and CPU works.. but can't enter into display ( it's still on idle mode) this thing wasn't happening for WINXP and after installing WINDOWS 7, im getting fed up of this bugs plz suggest

A:Strange Issue !

You may have to press the power button to wake the computer. Sometimes computers set their USB devices to power down during sleep mode which is why you can wake the computer with them.

There's most likely an option in your BIOS for Power Management > Wake by USB, Mouse, Keyboard, etc. If you turn on those settings then it might work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/78576-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I strange issue Really had a friend come to me today with Really strange issue a computer that was having trouble connecting thru WiFi It was always coming up with the Limited Access For the life of me I couldn t figure it out so I decided to go to the basics with it noticed it had McAfee installed Uninstalled it managed to Really strange issue get connected to WiFi no problem afterwards I connected online and just attempted to Really strange issue go to Google when it wouldn t load Noticed that yahoo search wouldn t work but normal yahoo pages would Bing was also not functional It really only seemed to limit those websites I even managed to go to MalwareBytes and download run it with no problems It seemed to find something called cleanddm dll and something else that I can t remember off hand I let MalwareBytes remove it and have run it times since It shows this computer as clean I am still unable to connect to either of those sites but no other website seems to be affected Not really sure where to go from here Sorry for not posting the DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Amber at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe C Program Files x NTI Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Launch Manager MMDx Fx exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi Movie clear fiMovieService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LMworker exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP clear fiAgent exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP Kernel DMR DMREngine exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil n ActiveX exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k defragsvc C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uSearch Bar Preserve mDefault Page URL hxxp acer msn com mStart Page hxxp ... Read more

A:Really strange issue

I'm sorry, you can delete this. Figured out it was some changed settings in the hosts file. I'm a dummy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410803/really-strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

I am having a problem with Internet Explorer version IE Strange Issue I am IE Strange Issue also using XP with SP There is IE Strange Issue a website that I cannot get to I get a message But when I try from another computer for example at work I can get to the website just fine I recently installed Hijack this and here is the log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files Gator com Gator Gator exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C WINDOWS webshots scr C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Vickie Flores Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vlwc vi slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run CXMon quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run CMESys quot C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots Launcher exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup DataViz Messenger lnk C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe O - Global Startup ... Read more

A:IE Strange Issue

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You didn`t say which website it was that you couldn`t get to.

I have to say that your HJT log is a bit of a mess, and contains quite a lot of rubbish and spyware etc.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-strange-issue.24768/
Relevancy 43%

It seems this problem I have has driven me to the brink of asking for help I hate that but do appreciate the wisdom of this site and I trust the moderators When the computer is first booted all is well as long as I continue to work with it If the computer is left for any length of time I will slow down exponentially to Issue Strange the point of a crawl I seems it has locked up but if the command if left to finish it will eventually complete albeit many minutes later I seems to aggravate the issue the longer the computer is left alone I first thought I had been hijacked but no network activity seems to be going on My final thought is that the Strange Issue SSD drive is defective I hope to get a little help from here I m sure there is software I can run to tell you all you need to know about the issue So without further adeau Happy helping and a Happy New Year Woops I am running Windows pro and I only do updates periodically because of the incessant rebooting PC Tools Antivirus and System Mechanic All up to date I have gone over the Virus checking with a moderator in the Malware Forums and all is well I just check the issue this morning and the Problem still exists This problem will also manifest itself if I leave the Win login page open for an extended period of time I m thinking It could be my gig SSD drive quot C quot I really have no experience with SSD drives so I do not know what a malfunction would look like Does anyone have any ideas Thanks again Dave

A:Strange Issue

<<...System Mechanic>>I just cannot imagine feeling the need to install this program...on Windows 7. My first guess would be that it contributes to whatever problems you have experineced.Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleaners Do I need a Registry Cleaner?I would remove System Mechanic from the system...run chkdsk /r...run the sfc /scannow command or do a repair install...and then see how the system functions.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370328/strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

This is very weird. We had a power outage today. The Compaq Presario SR2170NX would not boot back up. On opening the case we found the cpu fan wires "shredded" and broken off at differing lengths, no sign of the plug end, and no sign of any pieces of the wire. We bought the computer new and we have not been into this case. Computer will not boot now and shuts itself off after a few seconds after startup. Help!

A:Strange cpu fan issue

Does it look like the wires could have been destroyed by one of the fans? If not, and there is no sign of animal life in the case (seriously, I've known of mice/rats to infest the cases). I'd suggest returning it to where you got it, if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-cpu-fan-issue.849926/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, im having problems with two new devices i have bought for my computer.

The first is a linksys wireless g network adapter which is in perfect working order on its own.
The second is a Trust USB2 HiRes Webcam (wb-3500t) which also works fine independantly.

As stated on their own both these devices work, but when they are both plugged in together i get a messege informing me that my network adapter has malfunctioned and and windows cannoct detect what it is. When i remove the webcam from the USB slot again the network adapter works again.

I have been told this may be an IRQ issue but i have no idea what that means or how to solve it. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hi,

Have just had the following appear as I was trying to click a picture that I personally uploaded in facebook. Any ideas why I would need to enter my router credentials just to view a picture in facebook?

I'm not a suspisious man but this seems like very untrustworthy behavior...

I've even logged out & back into facebook and the issue still occurs...

UPDATE: After closing down IE and trying to access the pic again, all is working as it should...Very strange indeed...

OS

A:Strange issue...IE8

This is why I never let any browser rememeber my router credentials, if it so happens that I need to make changes to port forwarding in NAT

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/146498-strange-issue-ie8.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey my problem is that I cannot connect to most matches on xbox live I know this is because my NAT is strict and have tried several solutions to open my NAT including NAT Strange issue making my xbox IP static etc by manualling inputting ip gateway subnetmask However nothing I do seems to work I have a THOMSON ST router which does not have a DMZ setting There are a couple odd circumstances though my computer and xbox share an ethrenet cable I have to swap it between the two I m not sure if that is a problem My elder brother also Strange NAT issue has xbox live and switches ethrenet between his PC and xbox however he does not have ANY problems connecting to games It can take me - mins to connect to a lobby on cod mw or l d while he finds games in a few seconds Finally I have also tried adding an application to my xbox on my router home page opening ports amp both in UDP and TCP plus my UPNP is enabled I have absoltely no idea why I m having this problem I ve had this problem for a while however it never seemed to affect me while I was playing l d or halo etc but with my newer games it s near impossible to find a game Any advise would be greatly appreciated let me know if you need more information nbsp

A:Strange NAT issue

You also have to add UDP 28960, UDP 3101-3105, and UDP 1500 ports for inbound and outbound to your xbox. Post back if you get it working or got any troubles.

Are you running DHCP on your router? if so, you will need to give your xbox a static IP, so that it doesn't affect your port forwarding every time you reset your router. This means that when you port forward you should forward the ports to your Xbox's IP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-nat-issue.889269/
Relevancy 43%

It seems this problem I have has driven me to the brink of Issue Strange asking for help I hate that but do appreciate the wisdom of Strange Issue this site and I trust the moderators When the computer is first booted all is well as long as I continue to work with it If the computer is left for any length of time I will slow down exponentially to the point of a crawl I seems it has locked up but if the command if left to finish it will eventually complete albeit many minutes later I seems to aggravate the issue the longer the computer is left alone I first thought I had been hijacked but no network activity seems to be going on My final thought is that the SSD drive is defective I hope to get a little help from here I m sure there is software I can run to tell you all you need to know about the issue So without further adeau Happy helping and a merry Christmas Woops I am running Windows pro and I only do updates periodically because of the incessant rebooting PC Tools Antivirus and System Mechanic All up to date Dave

A:Strange Issue

Hello and welcome. let's get a scan log and check for malware/First clear the Temp files.TFC by OTPlease download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369321/strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

A week or a little bit longer ago I was dealing with the google redirect issue I have completely solved the google redirect issue but am please issue(s) Strange help. now Strange issue(s) please help. presented with a strange noise towards the end of my boot sequence The bleep Strange issue(s) please help. sort of noise occurs after BIOS after the windows XP loading screen on the screen that I type my password to log into windows Viewing Strange issue(s) please help. my Event Log Viewer I have a consistent error saying that EvdoServer hung on startup sometimes there is another one or two other random inconsistent errors I use Norton AntiVirus Spybot S amp D Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware and Norton ALL currently come up completely clean after scanning Here is my HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C Program Files QuickTime QuickTimePlayer exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http wapp verizon net bookmarks bmredir asp region all amp bw dsl amp cd unattached amp bm ho central R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot file C Serverroot Carissa homepage html quot C Documents and Settings CARISSA Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vn zz g slt prefs js N - Netscape u... Read more

A:Strange issue(s) please help.

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943084-weird-noise-startup.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-s-please-help.943063/
Relevancy 43%

I built a computer for my daughter a few months ago, and I used a very cheap case w/power supply. The computerrecently began powering off after about 10 minutes, so I replaced the power supply. After this, I could not get Windows to boot up, it would hang at the windows loading screen, the bar kept loading, but it would go on indefinetly. I attempted to run the Windows XP repair tool, but it would get to the "setup is now loading windows" screen and hang there indefinetly. I attempted to try this with a few different hard drives, and the problem continues. I flashed my bios settings, but that did no good. Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice on this matter?

Have unplugged everything and plugged it back in? (Cables mostly)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue.480166/
Relevancy 43%

Hello all noob here as I just found this site Hoping someone can shed some light onto a very unusual issue I am experiencing with one machine I have several machines running XP SP IE and Office All Issue XP on Strange with IE6 the latest security updates and software updates have been applied Level Strange Issue with IE6 on XP playing field However on one machine only am I experiencing this issue I cannot open any MS Office files within IE All other machines can Here's what happens I click on link to a Word Document In the lower left hand corning it tells me quot Downloading lt file name gt doc quot After that it will then say Strange Issue with IE6 on XP Installing Component and then DONE However in the Browser window the only thing that is displayed is the little red quot x quot icon box for the broken link Once again this same document can be accessed from every other machine with no issues I have set all the security settings to LOW for testing purposes compared the Advanced Settings from a machine that works to the one that doesn't everything matches I have reinstalled IE I am at a complete and total loss on this one Can someone please lend me some assistance to figure this bugger out If you need more information please let me know Thx

A:Strange Issue with IE6 on XP

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem because I seldom use Office, but have you looked at this in IE?

IE Properties, Programs Tab, HTML Editor

Does it say Microsoft Word? If not, Word should be in the drop down list so you can change it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/strange-issue-with-ie6-on-xp-301893.html
Relevancy 43%

Touchpad works fine but during gaming, responds either slowly or won't.

How can I tackle this issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/37436-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

im posting this wit a bit of pain... couple of days back, i've posted about adobe audition's icons problem (link: Planning 4 a new GFX Card.... ) but eventually i planned to buy a new GFX card as the graphics card might b the issue of this problem and also as per this forum too.. so i bought a new card.. reformatted windows 7, updated ati drivers and installed adobe audition, problem is still there in adobe audition's icons... plz see the attachments... one thing im sure that my old GFX card and new GFX card have this problem, im wonderin about wat wud b the real problem... plz plz help me...

A:strange issue

Hi there, I'm quite familiar with working in Audition. I find the interface more comfortable for my needs than the newer Soundbooth.

For just installing a new graphics card, you didn't have to reformat & reinstall 7, but a fresh clean start is great. I have a few questions for specifics...

1. How did you reinstall Windows 7? Did you restore from an image or do a clean install from your disc?

2. How did you install Adobe Audtion? Was it part of a CS collection? Do you have an .iso file you loaded, the retail disc, or a disc you made?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/173477-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I hope Some one with technical insights can help me with this. I have never encountered this before.

A:Strange hdd issue

VatosLocos said:

I hope Some one with technical insights can help me with this. I have never encountered this before.Click to expand...

I would perform a clean install,rather than a factory reset!!
Give that a shot and post back!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/strange-hdd-issue.55834/
Relevancy 43%

I have two HDD attached to my PC.
Here is my HDD with my C:\Documents and settings\Momchil folder which is my user name on the computer.
And here is the exact same folder and directory in the other HDD G:\ which I NEVER attached to my computer!!! NEVER!
I don't have a reason to lie you and copy all my user system files to the other HDD. What we have here is some very strange bug of some kind. G\D&S is actually C\D&S... But why it seems like it is all in the other HDD I don't know...

The D&S folders had Deny to read rule applied to Everyone.

A:Very strange issue.

are you sure you have NEVER put that disk before???? also... it may be pausible that you have a RAID 1 setup mirrored all your data onto the other hard drive....
just a remote possibility..... :-?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171878-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi XP, in issue help!! strange Very please I have encountered a very strange issue Very strange issue in XP, please help!! or error on my computer At first I thought it had to do with Firefox but I have noticed it on other browsers and even in WMP Explorer and the start menu on my XP Professional The issue is that I occasionally get an error which turns all the buttons black Also Icons tend to get a strange black frame around them It is almost is there is an issue with the alpha channel or something I have tried effortlessly to find hep or a solution but no one has posted anything about this The problem comes and then goes away after a while but it is still highly annoying I m posting a link to a screen of how it tends to look like when I visit iMDb for example it s worst then http attachments techguy org attachment php attachmentid amp stc amp d Please I hope someone might shed a light on this for me I m not a computer expert so go easy on me Many thanks Davor nbsp

A:Very strange issue in XP, please help!!

Hmm. Unfortunatly, I have vista now so I cant check it out for you. BUT If you would like to do remote assistance/Teamviewer then I would be happy to assist you in fixing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-issue-in-xp-please-help.731092/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys, Lately some strange things happened to my windows Xp Home edition... Well this happened about 5 times...

I was working on something on my computer (like going online etc..) and when I clicked on the Start Menu or On MY MUSIC folder... suddenly the taskbar and icons and software disappears and I am left seeing only my wallpaper. The computer does not restart, just everything disappears. Then it comes back..like reloads everything back. Funny... The internet connection is not affected. I don't know what this is. but it happens from time to time.

Next, can someone recommend good software to maintain the computer.. I heard that windows xp deframenter and utility software like that isnt that good!

thanks

Relevancy 43%

Recently I have been having help strange Please this fix issue! to this really strange issue when I start Windows my taskbar is completely inactive - I can't click anything left and right until I f click ctrl esc But oh god that's not all I can't rearange my desktop icons because they are not moving from the place and also I have just faced this entirely strange browser issue I can't even enter URL in Google Chrome because whenever I point my mouse at the URL bar it becomes as cursor and clicking just does nothing Besides that I can't Please help to fix this strange issue! open Please help to fix this strange issue! Google Chrome settings and when I click back button it opens a new tab but when I click on it it just closes by itself So my browser is completely Please help to fix this strange issue! unusable Let's open Firefox Whenever I click save on the download box it just greys out and I can't click anything until I f press ctrl esc I definitely thought that was some kind of malware eventually TDSSKiller showed me nothing same did Avast and MBAM sfc scannow shows everything is alright Then I ran ComboFix and it seems it found sth However I restarted my pc and the issue still persists and so it does in the safe mode at least the taskbar is working I have tried malware scans CCleaner registry defrag system restore last known good configuration and none of them have worked I don't know what to do I am running Windows x Please help me to fix this problem Pasted ComboFix log into topic - Hamluis ComboFix - - - Vartotojas - x Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running from c users Vartotojas Downloads ComboFix exe SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users Vartotojas AppData Local assembly tmp c windows msvcr dll c windows SysWow msvcsv dll c windows SysWow tmp E D tmp c windows SysWow tmp E E tmp Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers cmudaxp sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers LMouFilt Sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers LHidFilt Sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows KHALMNPR Exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Package Cache - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Vartotojas AppData Roaming AVAST Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files AVAST Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Battle net - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Diablo III - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Age of Empires - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Microsoft Games - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Games - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows Sun - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Loot Hunter - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Rampage Knights - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Diablo II - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x LittleFighter - - - - ----a-w- c windows system infocardapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow infocardapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system icardres dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow icardres dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system icardagt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow icardagt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow TsWpfWrp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system TsWpfWrp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system rpcrt dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow rpcrt dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Klanghelm - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Antares Audio Technologies - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files UNi Xonar Audio - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Java - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow WindowsAccessBridge- dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Vartotojas AppData Roaming Naturalsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Naturalsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Naturalsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Vartotojas AppData Roaming Keolab - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Applied Acoustics Systems - - - - -------- d-----w- c program fil... Read more

A:Please help to fix this strange issue!

I'm 100% sure I'm infected  with sth like this: http://www.lexsi-leblog.com/cert-en/hey-brian-heya-homer-fancy-meeting-you-here-zeus-gootkit-2014-ad.html
Is it even possible to remove this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545042/please-help-to-fix-this-strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

I have x GB sticks of OCZ Gold DDR - RAM but for some reason I'm not able to use all sticks on my motherboard despite the fact that the documentation clearly says that it supports GB of RAM I already ruled out bad RAM as I've used every combination of of the sticks of RAM with no issues as well as in all slots but I can't have all in at once RAM issue Strange The computer will power on but nothing will show up on the monitor I even tried a couple of older GB DDR sticks together with of the OCZ sticks and that doesn't Strange RAM issue work either Every combination of the will allow me to boot up into Windows properly but if I have all sticks in at once whether its x GB or x GB and x GB it doesn't Does anyone have any idea as to why it's doing that Not that it's THAT big a deal since GB is enough RAM but since I have the additional GB I would like to get some use out of it

A:Strange RAM issue

Go at ur MB bios settings (chipshet setup) and enable the
Memory remapping option

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30032-strange-ram-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I am having an issue with one of our clients Windows XP Machine.

It is running IE 8.

We can't access any webpages using IE8 (Works fine using FireFox so I know that it isn't DNS)

I have checked all settings, proxy settings, cleared cache, history etc... reset IE settings, re-installed IE still to no avail

The strange thing tho, when I set the homepage to say google or anyother website in fact, the page loads fine, but when browsing from that page it doesn't load anything else.

Could anybody help?

Cheers

A:Strange IE Issue

In the advanced internet options try unchecking enable third party browser extenstion

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/strange-ie-issue-670934.html
Relevancy 43%

The background information Recently I was having a few issues deleting a file off my D drive this is Very strange issue not my OS partition I ended up modifying a few of the drive's administrative security properties I gave myself the only user on this PC 'Full Control' permissions of this drive I restarted the machine and when I came back the partition appeared to be gone I attempted to locate it in the command prompt with no success I finally used Disk Management to confirm that the partition was still there just not accessible The file format system NTFS was just missing completely Anyway after about a week of trying almost everything I could to repartition the drive I used everything from disk healing to disk recovery software the partition magically reappeared That drive is up and running fine now and that's not really why I'm posting this The Very strange issue issue Very strange issue I am not able to set a background or change any personalization features at all for that matter I can select a built in theme but the background images still don't appear What's more concerning Very strange issue to me is I can't use Explorer or My Computer to navigate into C Users or beyond Now obviously folders exist in C Users username desktop because I'm able to add and modify files and folders on my desktop Does anyone have any advice for this situation I have not found any success in my research for the solution Such as changing Ease of Access features to make sure Remove background images where available is not checked Thank you for your time Brad

A:Very strange issue

Try a System Restore to before you made the security change?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/119323-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Here is a very strange issue that I would value some help issue Strange with if possible About a month ago my PC was prone to freezes on bootup When I eventually got into Windows the PC would often freeze again resulting in several bootups and system startup repairs etc I ran several free and paid-for hardware diagnostic applications which all gave the results that no hardware had issues I updated all the drivers so again eliminating any issues here With the problem I had with all Strange issue the associations to my programs dissapearing from my Start Menu Please see other thread for details I decided to do a full re-install of Windows and this went without any problems On booting up this morning I had the same freeze-up when Windows was loading When I got into Windows the first time the PC froze again After a second successful boot-up Windows now seems OK Can anyone throw any light upon this problem please Many thanks for your help and time

What protection apps are you currently running ? ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209512-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

i use a Atrie ADSL modem for my PC (xfx 680i sli +q6600,vista,xp)
modem Specs--
http://www.atrieindia.com/products/xDSL/PDF/DB108Ethernet_ADSL_Modem_UM.pdf

I have a netgear 8port switch and a frontech 8 port switch

the problem is whenever i try to use the modem directly without a switch it begins a chain of reboots and this continues..it happens in both vista and xp and in both the lan slots in my motherboard.even if i plug it via netgear router same thing happens , but this does not happen using a frontech switch

help

A:Strange Issue--Help!!!

Your "modem" is a modem/router, FWIW.

If you connect through the switch, the network works? If so, and it doesn't connected directly to the modem, my guess would be a power/grounding issue between the devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issue-help.713207/
Relevancy 43%

Hi last month i bought a new graphic card and since i bought it i started to have this problems My PC PC Strange Issue with My Very Freezes Keyboard and Mouse LED s Turns Off Displays freezes My fans HDD VGA Power Supply CPU Fan and Cooling Fans are still working This happens at random times i can play WoW for a entire day or and this doesn t happen and other times i can Very Strange Issue with My PC even log in my account that my pc freezes Also this does not only happen when im playing i could be browsing something or inet listening something on itunes or just the pc is on the screensaver an this happens too but it happen more when im making my pc using more resources I tried to change the VGA s and still happen tried removing one memory slot and the other one and still happen also i tried to unplug some fans and HDD s and still happen Im running out of ideas the only thing that could be is maybe the memorys or the power supply but i dont have any extra memorys or power supply to test them My PC specs are this Intel C D E GHz MSI P M M -L GB DDR SuperTalent GB HDD Western Digital SATA GB HDD Maxtor ATA ATI HD GB GDDR VTB w Power Supply Windows Ultimate x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-issue-with-my-pc.930022/
Relevancy 43%

Just came back from a restart and all of the sudden, ALL of my desktop icons have a little yellow padlock on the bottom left.

No idea how or why this is happening.

I haven't changed any settings/permissions, etc.

How do I "unlock" these icons?

What's going on over here Windows???

A:Strange Win 7 Issue

As far as i am aware this is a Windows 7 permission issue.

I would suggest you try this solution and see if it works for you.

Let me know how you go with that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147708-strange-win-7-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I issue.. Strange was over at tomshardware com in search of help with this Strange issue.. and they directed me here http www tomshardware com answers id- malware-issue html It started when I noticed my laptop was running pretty slow I opened up the task manager to see if there was anything suspicious going on and found my cpu memory and disk usage to be all REALLY high I ran a spybot and AVG scan avg found nothing but spybot Strange issue.. found fixed a good amount of threats but it didn't help so I headed over to tomshardware Overall the things I've noticed is that it starts with either a conhost exe or cmd exe starting then random programs start opening in the background and consuming large amounts of system resources never any one program consuming too much at times it almost seems evenly distributed across multiple programs and eventually I get a lot of error windows asking to close tons of cmd exe instances occasionally my laptop crashes altogether At some point I figured out that the malware if this even is malware I still haven't ruled out a legitimately bugged program doesn't work without an internet connection or so it seems at least From there I found that after the cmd starts a bunch of msiexec exe instances consuming way more resources than any installer normally would then typically theres a presentationhost exe it's supposed to be a legitimate microsoft program and I've never seen it on my computer so I'm not sure whether its using mre resources than it should shortly after followed by msdtc exe and theres always a random notepad exe towards the end in the background where I can't see it that's what has me nearly convinced it's malware and all the while random cmd or conhost instances open Occasionally a duplicate of a program that's already open will be created such as the wmp library sharing service or ctfmon exe and strangely even though I have AVG uninstalled theres a random AVG secure-search installer process in the background sometimes I've tried multiple scans with a bunch of scanners excluding avg one scan with no results while others found plenty wrong was enough for me lol - spybot malwarebytes emsisoft anti malware virus vault ccleaner and adwcleaner they all found some threats and fixed them but the problem persists While running scans I ran into a problem - I malwarebytes won't update it can't connect to the server but it works fine on another computer I tried to get combofix but I couldn't even access the download site and to top it all off - I can't even access this site It's as if the site is down but seeing as I'm currently writing this post I'm pretty sure it's not lol anyone know what's going on here I'm at my wit's end with this any help at all is appreciated just let me know if any logs are needed EDIT I should probably mention I'm running windows

A:Strange issue..

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573558/strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

OK USB issue strange HDD my laptop specs are listed and here are the specs of the drives I am using Toshiba USB HDD RPM GB quot drive Western Digital My Passport USB HDD GB not sure on speed both formatted NTFS when I plug both in and try and move even a single file MB or more from strange USB HDD issue one drive to another the transfer stops most time one of either of the drives becomes unreadable but the drive icon remains in the system even after unplugging it safely or not and windows CPU load remains or more and I have to restart the system to get it to return to normal Both drives are tested fine if I copy the file to the laptops drive no issues I can even copy GB worth as I am doing as I write this as a test I don't have access to any other computers at this time I have checked each drive for issues including viruses my system and drivers are clean I guess this could be a USB issue with the laptop not being able to read and write on channels or its an issue with windows Either way anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and any possible fix I have a lot of files i want to move about GB worth and really don't want to do a USB to laptop to USB move as I don't want to tax the laptop drive with all the R W that it would take to move the files I even tried to clone the drive and NO GO

A:strange USB HDD issue

Go here. download and install the latest bios it has support for W7
Select software and drivers Compaq Presario CQ60-418DX Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

You could also install the nividia nforce chipset driver there if its a later version than you already have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/44746-strange-usb-hdd-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi ppl I IE6 with D/L issue Strange have a strange problem when trying to download files using Internet Explorer But first a bit of background info on my specs I have PCs with the same issue one is a laptop and other desktop They both have up to the minute latest Windows XP updates including all security updates downloaded form microsoft windows update and latest drivers and everything else On software side they apps they both have installed is Seek amp Destroy spyware killer and ZoneAlarm Security Suite Retail I do now have any illegal software etc that may have emmited a virus Now for the problem when I try to download files any files exe zip wave or naything else under the earths sun It starts and gets to - KB and stops as if the download has completed so It partially downloads the Strange D/L issue with IE6 files then stops whyyyyy This happens on every files great and small I have tried to remove S amp D and ZoneAlarm and disable all the IE Add-ons most of them are generic and no go I have reimaged the desktop PC and found that it worked then after a few days same issue I cannot pinpoint where and why The only conclusion I can come up with is if MS has screwed up one of its updates but then everyone on the globe would have the same problem Downloading in Firefox is fine and works well Guys this is driving me absolutely crazy I don t even use IE that much but the sheer fact that the problem is there and I cannot figure ir out is making me lose sleep Could it be spyware virus adware trojan or software corruption I don t know please please give me some assistance nbsp

A:Strange D/L issue with IE6

With all the good anti-spyware products out there, I don't understand how you ended up with something called "Seek & Destroy". I have 6 free anti-spyware programs on my pc(all free), but I never heard of "Seek & Destroy".

Unfortunatly, there have been a lot of problems associated with ZoneAlarm recently. You might try the ZoneAlarm help forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-d-l-issue-with-ie6.58442/
Relevancy 43%

hey guys, hope someone can help

sons pc randomly boots black screen, cant access bios or anything

but if i power it up lets say tomorrow it will be fine, new thermal paste no overheating, each bit of hardware has been tested in another rig so im baffled :\

any ideas?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129274-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

First time poster - and I could/may be in the wrong section. But i was attempting to follow the steps to get itunes to acknowlage my 1st gen ipod nano again.( steps i was using can be found here)While attempting to empty my temp directory I got the following msg:perflib_perfdata_784.dat is in use by a program. Shut down program and attempt again.I shut down programs and attempted again, only to have the msg show again. I googled the .dat and that was how i discovered the fourm. What worried me though is most of the links pulled up by google involved malware/spyware.I'm currently running Ad-aware, I have Avast on active and I'm hoping this problem will resolve, but are there other options I should consider?

A:A Strange Issue..

Ad-ware finished just as I posted this. Here is the log for it should anyone find it useful.

Ad-Aware 2007 Build
Log File Created on: 2008-03-26 19:24:18
Using Definitions File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\core.aawdef
Computer name: TROUBLE
Name of user performing scan: SYSTEM

System information
===========================
Number of processors: 2
Processor type: Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory Available: 67%
Total Physical Memory: 2137042944 Bytes
Available Physical Memory: 1413726208 Bytes
Total Page File Size: 4119588864 Bytes
Available On Page File: 3567734784 Bytes
Total Virtual Memory: 2147352576 Bytes
Available Virtual Memory: 1917374464 Bytes

Ad-Aware 2007 Settings
Skipping files larger than 1048576 kB
Ignoring infections with lower TAI than: 3
Extended Ad-Aware 2007 Settings
Unloading known modules during scan
Ignoring spanned files when scanning cab archives
Reanalyzing results after scanning before displaying results
Trying to unload modules prior to removal
Let Windows remove files currently in use at next reboot
Removing quarantined objects after restore
Deactivating Ad-Watch during scans
Writeprotecting system files after repairs
Include info about ignored objects in log file
Including basic settings in log file
Including advanced settings in log file
Including user and computer name in log file
Create and save WebUpdate log file

Databaseinfo
Version number: 64
Build Number: 0
Build Date and Time: 2008/03/25 06:52:38

Scan Statistics
Method: Full
Scan tracking cookies.............................: On
Scan ADS filestreams..............................: Off

Item Scanned: 398252
Infections Detected: 242
Infections Ignored: 0

Scan detailed statistics
Type Critical Total
Process Scan....: 0 0
Registry Scan...: 0 0
Registry PE Scan: 0 0
Hosts File Scan.: 0 0
File Scan.......: 0 0
Folder Scan.....: 0 0
LSP Scan........: 0 0
ADS Scan........: 0 0
Cookie Scan.....: 242 242
File Hash Scan..: 0 0

Infections Found
Family Id: 725 Name: Tracking Cookie Category: DataMiner TAI:3
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com skin /new/
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com __utma /
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com __utmb /
Item Id: 600000598 Value: Browser: Internet Explorer Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Cookies\index.dat uicentral.incgamers.com __utmz /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/gq858uy4.default\cookies.txt ad.yieldmanager.com __utma /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/gq858uy4.default\cookies.txt ad.yieldmanager.com bh /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/gq858uy4.default\cookies.txt ad.yieldmanager.com ih /
Item Id: 600000460 Value: Browser: Firefox Cookie: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Trouble&... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138411/a-strange-issue/
Relevancy 43%

All Thanks in advance for any assistance Excuse the long history here but I wanted to include all relevant and probably non-relevant information to assist My issues started around a month ago with a trojan called Zero Access - a zero day IE browser nasty that was mainly employed in gathering banking logons sessions and then emptying the accounts At the time I was running the Virgin Media AV package av anti-spyware which I believe uses a Trend engine This little beastie also managed to disable the AV package I also use Malwarebytes on a regular issue.... little A strange basis so when I found out it was in the wild I ran and successfully cleaned my system of the malware VM AV has not worked since although the firewall was seemingly ok Over time I've used AVG found nothing no port access when running Spybot found nothing HiJackThis nothing obvious and Windows Defender yes I know but I was desperate - which actually found two other malware packages A lot of this I've done in safe mode with networking as -even with AVG installed and running - that was the only place I could get web access So my problem now is running VM AV or similar getting web access and ensuring my system is clean - which I have a gut feeling it's not I also have random seemingly administrator privileges issues lock ups in standard boot especially on boot and slow running I've uninstalled AVG and VM AV for running the tests leaving Spybot installed - it was the one that seemingly left me with most access to the computer I've attached the relevant files and I've also included a HiJackThis log and MBRCheck log The dds log is here DS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Kevin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C A strange little issue.... Program Files Virgin Media Digital Home Support HsdService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Virgin Media Service Manager ServicepointService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe A strange little issue.... C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Epson Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Virgin Media Service Manager ServiceManager exe C Program Files Virgin Media Digital Home Support DHSClient exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users Kevin Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServi... Read more

A:A strange little issue....

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I’ve given you the “All clear.” Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within five days this thread will be closed.
Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Download Combofix from the link below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. If you have trouble, stop and post back. Do not try to repeatedly run comboFix!
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Note: If after running ComboFix you receive a message stating, "Illegal Operation Attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" rebooting your computer will resolve the problem.

Please include the following in your next post:ComboFix log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/a-strange-little-issue-673315.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi this might be a stupid question but this is now the rd custom computer ive built and i never ran into this probelm i have properly installed all parts in the computer all wires connected corrsponding to the manuals specs when i go to turn the pc on it starts up and with in sec it shuts down now i have the cover off and when i look and start it up all fans start up and the power on light comes on but thats as far as i can get these are my parts gigabyte s seris dual bios motherboard with a amd dual core athlon x processor a e-geforce gs mb video card soundblaster audigy SE soundcard thermaltake watt power supply a western dig gig hard drive gb or ddr ram and a generic dvd burner player cd-rom drive please someone help me i tried everything i could think of i can only think that my power supply may not have enough maybe i need a watt i dont know email protected email nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I've decied to build a custom gameing computer and im not sure if the parts I have selected will work with Win7 or work together at all.

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811121096

Mother board BIOSTAR 1155 Intel P67
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298

Graphics card Radeon HD 6950
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575

Prosser intel i7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115211

Hard drive 1TB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433

Ram DDR3 2x 2Gb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220464

I know there is no power supply in this list and if you have any suggestions for parts that are in the same price range that would allso be helpful (Im only ordering stuff from newegg) thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

A:New custom computer

The cpu you picked is LGA 1366 and the board is 1155; two completely different sockets.

How about this board, which is rated better than the Biostar: Newegg.com - ASRock P67 PRO3 SE LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb&#47;s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
And this cpu, which is also better: Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz &#40;3.8GHz Turbo Boost&#41; 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600

As for the RAM, after you select a motherboard, go to their website and download their QVL (qualified vendor list) pdf. It will tell you all the kits of RAM that are known to work well with the board. Never buy RAM cause they have shimmery heatsinks or because the name sounds good.

Seagate makes good drives. This would be great as a secondary game app drive... so what about an SSD to really make the rig fast?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/163227-new-custom-computer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been planning to build my first PC hopefully soon I have been busy picking parts and such for the last days I have a few questions and would appreciate it greatly if you would try to answer them and give me opinions on the hardware i have selected Here is the current hardware i have picked Case COOLER MASTER Centurion RC- -SKN Black Aluminumm bezel SECC chassis MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Power Supply FSP Group Fortron Source FSP - GLS Watts P Micro ATX V with pin B B Fan power supply with power cord - V http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N Custom First Computer E RAM pqi TURBO GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM First Custom Computer Unbuffered DDR PC System Memory http www newegg com Product First Custom Computer Product asp Item N E Video Card connect D Radeon X GTO MB -bit GDDR VIVO PCI Express x Video Card http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Motherboard ASUS A N-VM CSM Socket NVIDIA GeForce Micro ATX AMD Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Processor AMD Athlon Venice GHz FSB KB L Cache Socket Processor http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Hard Drive SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP C GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Hard Drive SAMSUNG SpinPoint P SD HD GJ GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Combo Drive ASUS Black X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache IDE Combo Drive http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Burner Drive ASUS Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM DVD-ROM X max CAV DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache E-IDE ATAPI DVD Burner http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Would the power supply and motherboard work together since the motherboard is pin and the power supply is pin The main purpose for this computer is gaming and game programming I intend to play Guild Wars and Rakion on it I am beginning programming with DirectX and would like to have enough performance to handle the compilations and running graphic-intensive DirectX applications My current PC is an EMachines t with a GHz Intel Celeron processor MB DDR SDRAM PC with an integrated Intel Extreme D video card and on-board audio nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Is this custom computer ok?
I didn't get it yet.

ECS K7S5A
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ w/fan (or maybe 2100+)
512MB PC133
40GB 7200RPM IDE HDD
16X DVD-ROM
GeForce4 MX-440 64MB SDRAM
USB 2.0 4 external, 1 internal
2 scroll optical mouse (got it)
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro (got it)
KDS 1280x1024 CRT Monitor (got it)

is this good for around $400?

A:Is this custom computer ok?

Gah! Ditch the K7S5A, man. And get DDR! You won't regret it, trust me. Your RAM and system board would pose a serious bottleneck, especially with a CPU that fast. You should get like an nForce2 or smth like that. You won't regret it.

Anyway I gotta go...good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-custom-computer-ok.3658/
Relevancy 42.57%

lets be frank im not much of a computer person or a school kindah quot teen quot so my dad said the only way i can get a computer for myself is if i built my own computer please... help custom he d pay for the parts i just need to make sure the parts all work with eachother so far what i have laid out custom computer help please... is MOTHERBOARD Asus Rampage II Gene desktop mother board CPU intel core i CASE Sunbeam Transformer Case Black - mm fan green led lol - in dual cold cathode kit- w Acrl PSU mm LED fan- MEMORY RAM gb GB x of ram DDR -PC - HARD DRIVE GB internal hard drive all i need now is graphics sound and lan card a CD DVD Drive and a dvd writer along with that any help you guys can give me would be SOOOOO much appreciated these are the websites for the items above incase you want to look thanks in advance MOTHERBOARD http www iunitek com iunitek index cfm fuseaction shop dspSpecs amp part CPU http www bhphotovideo com c product -REG Intel BX GHz custom computer help please... Core i Processor html CASING http www xoxide com sunbeam-transformer-case-black html RAM http www crucial com store partspecs aspx IMODULE BL KIT BN nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-computer-help-please.906684/
Relevancy 42.57%

Just thought Id ask U all what do u think about this setup Ive reached my budget so more cant be spent but if you think I should change companies or change some stuff without spending more money please give me your input it can be positive too Here she goes CD COMBO DRIVE U think this.....NEW COMPUTER of Tell CUSTOM Me What X DVD-ROM amp x x CD-RW BLACK COLOR CPU Mhz Tell Me What U think of this.....NEW CUSTOM COMPUTER FSB Intel Pentium CPU GHZ MB w Hyper Threading FAN INTEL CERTIFIED CPU FAN amp HEATSINK EXTRA CASE FANS FLOPPY MB FLOPPY DRIVE BLACK COLOR HDD Seagate GB RPM Serial ATA MB Cache MOTHERBOARD DDR - MHz FSB ASUS P P -E DELUXE I PE AGP X DUAL DDR w AUD USB LAN MEMORY MB MBx PC MHz Dual Channel DDR MONITOR MUTILCOLOR ViewSonic VA inch TFT LCD NETWORK ONBOARD NETWORK CARD SOUND D WAVE ON-BOARD SOUND CARD TEMP COOLERMASTER Musketeer System Dynamics Detector SILVER COLOR VIDEO ATI RADEON PRO MB DDR AGP X W TV-OUT amp DVI nbsp

A:Tell Me What U think of this.....NEW CUSTOM COMPUTER

Nice specs, but nowadays nothing to write home about anymore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tell-me-what-u-think-of-this-new-custom-computer.14099/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having the sometimes problem of certain keys not working, specifically "5 6 ` _ %" & as shifted "^ ~ -" (they were working for typing just now).  When they are not working, I can usually get "5 -" from the number pad.  The problem comes and goes, and when it happens all 4 of those keys are dead, so it would appear to be a driver glitch. For this model, I do not see any driver file for the keyboard; in that setion there seem to be 2 driver files, sp72284,exe & sp72344.exe, which are listed as TouchPad drivers.  Back in November when I first started seeing this, somehow I downloaded the files: sp71716.exesp71811.exesp72342.exesp72343.exesp72549.exe But I have no idea if I should run any of them. The OS build is 10568.218

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Strange-keyboard-issue/td-p/5596578
Relevancy 42.14%

We have an employee who technically is the entire staff of a subsidiary. He's using a Dell laptop identical in hardware and software to our regular employees. The problem is, when we send him an e-mail in HTML format, his Outlook displays it as Plain Text.

Now the only difference here is that he is using an IMAP account from 1and1, while the rest of us are using internal Exchange. I have verified that his setting in his Outlook is not enabled, to display all messages in Plain Text.

I'm at a loss to explain what is going on, so I'm about to open a ticket with 1and1.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69152-strange-outlook-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I hope I'm posting this in the appropriate forum I will try to make this long story as short as possible I had an HP ZV that my dog spilled nyquil on -- obviously it was fried At the time I had accidental coverage strange very issue startup so very strange startup issue sent it in to HP to be fixed When it came back it was in the body of a ZX which I assumed was done because they had the same processors However it had the following startup issue I really needed the computer so could not afford the time to send back to HP On the first startup it will either start very slowly hanging at different points of the XP blue status bar or will power up and just have a blank screen As a workaround I can manually turn off and on the power until it eventually loads 'normally ' I should also mention when it has slow startup it runs very slowly as well If I do a restart it also starts up fine and generally runs fine after this I have tried everything I can think of checking RAM reintsalling XP which I don't mind doing again starting with no services or drivers installed etc etc I am starting to think it might be a motherboard issue but after reading countless posts and articles it doesn't seem to exhibit the usual motherboard issues of just shutting down suddenly On a side note -- I tried posting this new thread on IE and Firefox and keep getting page cannot be displayed same issue with sending in Yahoo mail but I can address this separately if need be I am using a different computer to post this Any ideas on the startup issue would be greatly apprciated Cheers Schneep

A:very strange startup issue

just a note that I solved the posting and email issue by restting the MTU.
I also have a hijackthis log from a 'good' start and a 'bad' start if this helps at all.

Cheers,
Schneep

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-strange-startup-issue-228328.html
Relevancy 42.14%

We have an employee who technically is the entire staff of a subsidiary. He's using a Dell laptop identical in hardware and software to our regular employees. The problem is, when we send him an e-mail in HTML format, his Outlook displays it as Plain Text.

Now the only difference here is that he is using an IMAP account from 1and1, while the rest of us are using internal Exchange. I have verified that his setting in his Outlook is not enabled, to display all messages in Plain Text.

I'm at a loss to explain what is going on, so I'm about to open a ticket with 1and1.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69152-strange-outlook-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My nephew s Dell Dell Inspiron s was not booting It has issue External Strange a maxtor gb drive he was running out of space so i bought him a new gb drive reloaded XP home on the pc and it woks Strange External issue fine again The maxtor HD i pulled I put in an external enclosure to get music and pictures off of it I plugged in the external to my PC I saw the pop up ballon that said new hardware found and that it had installed the drive and it was ready for use and I hear the familiar quot ding quot sound when i plug it in and but the drive wont show in quot my Computer quot I unplug and i hear the familiar quot ding quot sound from XP Pro then the drive shows there for a brief second or two after i unplug then it goes away tried on both my pc and laptop with same results both PCs have XP pro SP The maxtor is jumpered to Master I m thinking the drive is damaged and data recovery might not be possible but I thought I d check with you guys first just in case nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a homebuilt PC Windows Ultimate I could give you specs but I don't know why that would be helpful Anyway I'm having this issue where the computer won't turn on It blinks on then off fans start and stop then flickers on again then turns off completely This is after I issue Strange read please - got the Driver Power State Failure BSOD Can't give you the minidump since it won't turn on This happened before I had my university's clean room take a look at it They thought as I did that Strange issue - please read it Strange issue - please read was the PSU They swapped it out and tested the levels everything was fine In fact after those few things they did the computer turned on again and worked as usual with the original PSU We concluded it must've been a faulty power strip Well clearly that wasn't the problem I just don't understand what's going on here The fact that it fixed itself before just adds to the confusion I also don't know how that BSOD error fits into all of this Thanks

A:Strange issue - please read

It is a mystery but I think maybe a connection to the motherboard was not tight or had dirt or debris that was moved when all the connections were made then unmade and made again. Did you check these connections? As a builder of my first system and recently upgrading my PSU only to find a connection I would have sworn was made tight wasn't.
Oh and welcome to SF.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124182-strange-issue-please-read.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm having some odd issue when it comes to pendrives on my PC since a few days ago I plug the USB pendrive on the USB port and Windows recognizes it correctly it even assigns the drive letter and even appears on Windows Explorer but when I double click on it to see its contents it doesn't responds plus when I try to eject it it doesn't responds neither This happened to me with my two pendrives one is a Sandisk Cruzer Micro and the other is a Transcend Jetflash V When I plug them the light on them blinks in a intermittent way like trying to work but no go If I plug any other devices like printers mouse keyboard my gamepad scanner all they work flawlessly The issue is just with the pen drives The odd Drives. my issue Strange Pen with thing is that I turn off the PC and then turn it on and the pen drives now work correctly I Strange issue with my Pen Drives. can access to their contents and all and they remain working all the time I keep the PC turned on after this What do you think it can be the problem

A:Strange issue with my Pen Drives.

Do the drives work alright on other computers?

If I am to understand correctly, the machine seems to freeze when trying to access the drive but when it is restarted, it works fine? Is this first attempt coming from a cold boot (being off)?

Also, do any other flash drives do this? How about usb-based hard drives? card readers? (if you have any of the others to test, of course)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132097-strange-issue-my-pen-drives.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just replaced the HD in my laptop with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 8.1. I have a very strange issue now. When I first try to run a program the icons disappear from the desktop for a second then reappear but the program doesn't run. The second time a do this the program starts right away. This happens with every program and Windows feature. If I double click on Control Panel it doesn't run the first time but starts immediately the second time I double click it...

Has anyone even heard of suck a strange thing?

A:Strange issue with Windows 8.1 and SSD

That would not be an SSD issue. That is Windows 8 & the Video driver causing that. Look in Administrative Tools > Events, and see if any problems are showing up. Also depending on the chipset manufacturer for the Graphics chipset for your computer. Download the driver directly from the mfg of the chipset website, vs. using the drivers that Windows 8.1 loaded.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43847-strange-issue-windows-8-1-ssd.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I recently purchased this issue Strange connection new laptop Asus Strange connection issue X LF Intel Core i U Processor DDR L MHz SDRAM GB NVIDIA GeForce M with GB DDR VRAM TB HDD Modem WiMAX Network Adaptar I checked the manage section gt network adapter this is the name that displays there couldn't find manufacturer name model no etc but I believe its a Huawei wifi dongle usb modem ISP Banglalion I'm running this system on Windows bit No issues for the first couple of days other than I noticed this strange ping inconsistency for example when running ping test in google note I tested with other sites like facebook twitter youtube etc sites as well I used to get ms to ms in average on my old system using same wifi modem And using the same wifi modem on this new system on the same spot the ping was ms and the freaky part was when I tested the modem on the old system it still displayed its average ping of ms to ms Anyway as I don't know much about networking and being totally new to win I thought it would fix with driver updates etc later on so I somewhat ignored it But for the last couple of days this issue the main one that I'm trying to get resolved started suddenly I start getting quot Request timed out quot and it continues when I reconnect the modem using its own software it connects but this time when I try running a ping test with google again on the CMD window it displays quot Ping couldn't find host quot and then the CMD window closes And with this issue present if I try opening any website in any browser firefox chrome none opens But with multiple modem reconencts sometimes google or some other site opens maybe for first min of reconnect and then same issue again and within this mintue period ping still displays quot Ping couldn't find host quot Today I visited my ISP's tech support and the tech guy suggested that this is probably a windows issue as based on his words the modem worked perfectly fine on windows and from previous experience I used this same modem on win for years within any similar issues I don't mind switching to win but while using win I've started to like it and would like to stick with it but I need the net and in my area they are the only ISP so choices are limited just wondering as the device functions sometimes and randomly stops functioning perhaps of you guys may know have an idea on whats going on and hopefully we'll be able to fix it I don't really know what info to post so just ask Thanks in advance

A:Strange connection issue

Not really following what you want help with.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68246-strange-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I work for a university's tech department and I have come across an issue that I cannot figure out.

Unless a user is set up as a local administrator on the machine, various programs will not run, or will crash after a short period of time, such as the ClipArt function in MS Office 2000, Symantec Antivirus 9 (when pulling up the control center), Windows Media Player, MMC, and others.

Everything works perfectly if the user is set up as a local admin, and the same holds true for any user, so it is not a corrupt profile issue or something along those lines. Policy is that users cannot be local admins, so I am at a loss for what could be causing this or what I can do to repair it.

I've tried the usual - spyware and virus scans, Windows Updates, etc., but nothing seems to fix it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Strange XP Privileges Issue

ive had the same issues with my pc but on the lines of trying to access games on a standerd user however i cannot aesses what the problem is

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-xp-privileges-issue-121752.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone

Just wondered if you could help me out with a strange printer problem i seem to be having. I have just setup my parents new machine so i have set myself up with the normal admin account. I installed there lexmark printer and i can print from word and print emails out and web pages no problem. I have set both my parents up with a standard account each and they to can print documents from work no problem by selecting the lexmark printer from the drop down menu but for some reason they cant print web pages or web based emails. When you try to print all that is avaliable is the XPS document printer thing, any ideas why they cant print from the web to this printer?

Hope you can help

Many thanks

A:Strange printer issue can you help me out?

You don't say what printer it is, other than just Lexmark but if when you go to File then Print in any program if the printer software is properly installed it should show up in the drop down menu. Have you got it set as the default printer. Go to Control panel, Devices and printers, right click on the printer concerned and select "Set as default printer"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143119-strange-printer-issue-can-you-help-me-out.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When browsing through the seven forums my theme of choice is black beta, today when i click back one page the theme changes to default then once changed it stays default going forward ,it will only revert back to my theme of choice if i refresh the browser page. is this my issue or something on seven forums end ?

A:strange issue in firefox

Maybe check to see if your preferred skin in set as default from your UserCP.

Logout and clear your cookies/temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/85542-strange-issue-firefox.html