Windows Support Forum

HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

Q: HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 93.93%

My computer crashed the other day and went to a blue screen and said something about dumping physical memory up to 100%. Then it turned off and i restarted it only to end up with a black screen after the bios start up. This has happened before and I fixed it by using a windows xp install disk and reinstalling windows xp. When i tried to do this this time and i chose install my computer says that it cant read the disk. Its not anything to do with the actual disk reader but more of a comp problem that i know can be fixed because my friends dad fixed the same problem for me a long time ago. If anyone can help please reply

A:Windows XP Crash black screen blinking cursor

When you put the windows CD in did you change the BIOS to 'boot from CD' first?
If it is set to try and boot from the Hard Drive before the CD it probably wont even look at the CD.

How old is the machine, what make and model is it and have you upgraded it at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-crash-black-screen-blinking-cursor.939315/
Relevancy 92.07%

So this morning my computer is working fine we are browesing the Internet when pc suddenly reboots and like many others have posted then I get a black screen with a blinking cursor I try a few things then due to time constraints I have to go to work so I give up I get Home and start googling from my iPhone I try everything I can find all for not After tinkering around with the posted docs two things happen one The bios now say inkown device if blinking unable by detect hd black Crash screen followed cursor by fiollowed to with more than one hd is connected If either is connected individually it detects them But continues to not boot And Crash followed by black screen with blinking cursor fiollowed by unable to detect hd number two I get a hdsk code Also in addition if I try to boot from just the master drive it gives me a master boot check sum error or something similar I have searched and tried all the FIxs Crash followed by black screen with blinking cursor fiollowed by unable to detect hd I can find I haven t yet tried using a boot disk as a friend will be dropping it off later tonight I am at the end of my rope I can t boot into safe mode and there is no data that I care about installed on the hds All important things are kept backed up on an external drive However I am extreme frustrated and think my main hd is junk my final and hopefully unnecessary option as I don t have Second pc is to have my friend take my hds and attempt to see if they function from another tower Any suggestions Help a frustrated couple please nbsp

A:Crash followed by black screen with blinking cursor fiollowed by unable to detect hd

If the hard drive has failed (which seems likely) there is no fix for that other than buying a new one.
You can test the drive with the manufacturer's own diagnostic software. The links are at top of this page:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-followed-by-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-fiollowed-by-unable-to-detect-hd.1011846/
Relevancy 89.59%

I'm trying to boot up this HP laptop that shows a black screen with a blinking cursor after the HP logo. I've tried using a windows 7 recovery disc to repair start up. I've restored the computer to an earlier date that it was working correctly. I've ran every test in the computer's built in diagnostics, and every single one has passed, and no errors in any part of the system were reported. Also, the computer will not start up in safe mode or anything like that.
Does any one have any clue what's going on and how i could fix this?

Relevancy 88.66%

Samsung R580 stuck on black screen with blinking cursor. Tried Recovery (F4) and (F2) Nothing has worked. It just continuously goes back the black screen with the blinking cursor or nothing at all. Please help. I believe it was with Windows 7.

A:Laptop stuck on black screen with blinking cursor

Is the hard drive detected in the BIOS?

I believe it was with Windows 7.Click to expand...

So, what's the history? Apparently not your PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1127291/
Relevancy 87.73%

I apologize if this was posted in the wrong forum It's not really a BSOD but rather a BLACK screen of death I have an HP Pavilion G laptop that simply won't boot up This was given to me under the premise that the HDD was most likely ready to fail I was able Black Cursor (HP Win7 Infamous Laptop) Screen/Blinking to image Infamous Win7 Black Screen/Blinking Cursor (HP Laptop) the existing drive and restore to a new fully functional HDD Only as indicated the system will not boot I suspect this machine had a few infections at one time or another based on the number of anti-malware directories I can see in the root WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR - Cannot boot in any other mode since system will not proceed passed a flashing Infamous Win7 Black Screen/Blinking Cursor (HP Laptop) cursor i e safe mode safe mode w networking etc and black screen - Created Win boot disk no install disk provided since PC has recovery partition Also with boot disk tried system repair chkdisk master boot record fix etc No luck there Ran these a number of times - BIOS is set to only boot to HDD no other devices attached except for the DVDROM and empty tray - Downloaded to a flash drive quot Farbar Recovery Scan tool quot and have the results of the scan Infamous Win7 Black Screen/Blinking Cursor (HP Laptop) log if applicable - Something very odd that occurs is I can boot up the old HDD but operation is very spotty Something is definitely wrong with it but I'm surprised it still boots Why would the image not boot if the drive signature was restored accordingly using Acronis True Image Perhaps I should try another software package like Macrium Reflect I'd like to avoide a clean install complete recovery if possible since this isn't my own machine and I'd like to perserve the user's other installed programs and corresponding software licenses Once I can get the machine to boot I can take it from there in the way of eradicating any malware that may exist on the machine Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Infamous Win7 Black Screen/Blinking Cursor (HP Laptop)

If WIn7 doesn't boot after recovering using an image, confirm the System REserved (preferred if you have it) or C partition is Partition Marked Active then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to see if it will boot.

If that fails everything possible that can be done to boot Win7 is here for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329458-infamous-win7-black-screen-blinking-cursor-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 87.73%

Today I tried to boot up my laptop but I am stuck at a blinking cursor on a black screen.

To make matters work my keyboard doesn't work either so I can't use F2 or F12 before it boots to the black screen.

Any idea what the problem could be? I'm stumped and thinking the laptop may just be trash now.

A:Toshiba Laptop won't start up- blinking cursor on black screen

Most often failure to boot disk is a user failure, not hardware. Keep trying, more vigorously. Sometimes what helps is to reset the CMOS which can also be done by pulling the battery if you can access it easily enough on your lappy.

You need to work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

There are some Boot disks/flash sticks provided in the steps that will boot themselves without user input so I'd boot Hiren’s BootCD 15.1 or Hiren's BootCD From USB Flash Drive to run an A/V test, test your HD and RAM, Check File System and Active partition with Partition Wizard on Hirens.

But if you can't get the Win7 installer or Repair CD to boot you may need to rescue your files using Rescue disk in Step 9, then wipe the HD using Partition Wizard on Hirens, which will force the installer to start to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

You can also try getting the inferior Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility if you can get the Fkey to boot it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274961-toshiba-laptop-wont-start-up-blinking-cursor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 87.73%

I compressed the hard drive on my, HP nc6120 notebook, the next day I cut laptop on & got a black screen that says NACDM is compressed Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart; but all it does is come back to the same screen. I created a repair disc from another PC tuning Win7, put the disc in tried system restore no change, tried repair fix start up it says no problems found and does nothing else. Didn't have any problems till I compressed the hard drive trying to save space. Can anyone help or at least tell me what NACDM means?

A:HP laptop Win7 os black screen with blinking cursor when booting...

Try the same steps here to uncompress C drive which makes Win7 unbootable: BootMGR Compressed Message at Boot Fix - Vista Forums

If you are ready for a fresh start without the HP bloatware which is the worst install one can have of Win7, consider doing what most tech enthusiasts do to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and experience native Win7 performance for the first time on your PC.

Everything needed is in the blue link. You'll have a perfect install as long as you stick with the steps, tools and methods in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335850-hp-laptop-win7-os-black-screen-blinking-cursor-when-booting.html
Relevancy 87.73%

Hope someone can help here I recently upgraded the memory added GB HDD is GB and the computer was working fine much faster for several weeks then it locked up on re-boot I see the Toshiba welcome screen then pause like Windows is getting ready to boot goes to black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner I have tried to run the Toshiba recovery disk computer reads the disk I see quot downloading Windows files quot completes that wait and then black screen with quot ERROR blinking boot...black screen laptop Toshiba won't cursor with LOADING Toshiba laptop won't boot...black screen with blinking cursor OPERATING SYSTEM quot I didn t get a copy of Vista with the computer is it on the Recovery disk And if so how can I get to it if it won t come up thought that re-installing Vista might fix a corrupted file at boot I tried to use Iolo System Mechanic Drive Medic as well computer read the disk option to run two tests hard drive corruption and file partion check st time I ran the HDD test it said there was corruption and fixed it booted the computer and same result as before ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM Tried to run the file partion test and it froze on-screen Re-ran the HDD test and it now says no errors found but same result on re-boot Tried to get new release BIOS from Toshiba site burned to a disk and computer read that as well same result on re-boot The HDD symbol lights and I think it is spinning but sometimes hear a quot clock quot sound same beat same rhythm stuck I removed and reinstalled the HDD same result I saw on a forum that freezing the drive will get it to work for a while so I can get my data family pics off of it and am going to try that next Note I can access the BIOS fine changing the boot option no problem Really appreciate any ideas you folks may have hoping to save the drive and it s data nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop won't boot...black screen with blinking cursor

I usually take the HDD out and hook up to another computer to get data off that I want to save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-wont-boot-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1038055/
Relevancy 83.7%

my PSU went out and i had it replaced and since i replaced it i havent been able to boot my pc i plug everything in and hit the power button it load blinking no on boot, cursor Black screen... screen immediately immediately goes to a Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen... black screen with a blinking underscore cursor in the upper left corner about of the way from the left side all my fans work the hard drive is running Vista bit AMD Phenom x e GHz ATI Radeon x Pro Gb RAM Power supply was from another pc i had that i didnt use anymore same wattage just had the pin PCIe connector i needed the one currently in it is the stock one that came with the tower no clue what to do F F ESC DEL keys dont work to get to BIOS the only responses i get are CTRL ALT DEL kind of restarts i think my monitor goes to standby when i do it for a brief period of time but then fans kick on again and same black screen also when i hit the pause break key it stops the beeping that is coming from the mobo note if i hit the key during the beep then its continuous noise anyone have any advice any would be appreciated Edit - just to clarify i get zero load up of anything there is no loading screen prior to the black with blinking cursor as soon as power is on it immediately goes to this screen Edit - again i forgot to put that the pin PCIe connector needed for the x pro is non existant in the new PSU and i havent gotten an adaptor yet for it dont know if that would be the reason i cant boot BIOS or windows the original graphics card was onboard and when installing the driver for radeon it said to disable the driver for the onboard card to ensure that the radeon worked properlly

A:Black screen blinking cursor immediately on boot, no load screen...

sounds like you need the PCIe power connector to run your video card. Try removing the card and enabling the onboard video until you get a new PSU or adadpter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blinking-cursor-immediately-on-boot-no-load-screen-421982.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have windows 7 Home premium 32bit. Just downloaded Adobe Flash CS3 Pro and screen went blank with cursor flashing in upper left. Have run repair disk, but nothing. I did notice that my boot drive letter changed to (X ?? It's always been Q since I 've had the machine.

I have original Windows 7 disk and have run all the repairs but nothing.

any other suggestions ?
Thanx, R Fulton

A:Black screen with blinking cursor ?

Quote:
and screen went blank with cursor flashing in upper left

This suggest that its related to your display drivers, go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest version

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125309-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I entered the administrator password given to me and it worked to get me past the "system disabled" screen, but it only opens up a blinking cursor on a black/blank screen.  What must I do now?  Please advise.  Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Blinking-cursor-on-black-screen/td-p/5710527
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a Dell Inspirion 2200. Came with XP upgraded to Vista.

I turned on my computer and you will see the Dell screen and then it just turns into a black blank screen with a blinking white cursor. Before getting to this screen I try to press F2 or F12 but when I do it just goes right back to the black screen so I can't get anywhere. There is no way to get into Safe Mode and I am not sure if I still have any CDs that came with the computer.... Is there any way to fix this or find out what is causing this problem. Let me know!

Thanks!

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi My HP G laptop recently shut down automatically and when I try to restart it I get a black screen with blinking cursor in the top center of the screen I have gone Black cursor blinking with screen through various topics Black screen with blinking cursor posted in this as well as other forums but I am not sure how I need to proceed with this I do not have a system recovery disc with me I was able to go into the command prompt and when I did DISKPARTand list volume I noticed that my C drive has a Syatem Label but its size is only MB My D drive has no label but all my stuff that typically would be in the C drive is in the D drive I have not created any other partitions in my computer My E drive has Recovery label but there is just one text file in there I have backed up all my data and was thinking of re-installing the OS but I wanted to see if there are any other alternatives which could address the issue I have been running my laptop for several days continuously Black screen with blinking cursor I believe this could be a result of a virus attack for one reason that this happened as soon as I clicked on a link unintentionally Any help would be much appreciated

A:Black screen with blinking cursor

Worth a read, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-Software-Recovery/Windows-7-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor/td-p/182921 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492441/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi guys so I have been doing EVERYTHING off my work computer since my home laptop had this mishap but I've decided it's time to see if I can fix this thing My computer with the problem has Windows Vista operating system When I start it up it only goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor I cannot press F to go into Safe Mode I can only press F or F Something interesting to point out was that before this happened it seemed like I was getting a random radio broadcast that would start playing on my computer I had no idea where this Black with Cursor Blinking Screen was coming from and didn't know Black Screen with Blinking Cursor how to stop it It did not seem to be linked to any browser Thanks for your help Willing to follow whatever instructions I need I did have a problem before and believe I created the ability to startup Ubuntu sp from a usb drive which I still have Don't know if that will help Thanks Steve

A:Black Screen with Blinking Cursor

Hello uscsteve,
We apologize for not getting to your topic earlier!! Would you still like assistance with this issue?
If so, could you please tell me exactly what happens when the machine boots? Do you see the Windows splash screen, or does it go directly to the black screen with blinking cursor?
Again, we apologize for the delay!

bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512540/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have already posted at the Expert Exchange but cursor screen, blinking Black I am getting no traction there so I am thinking of reposting here All the tech spec are in my post below but I wanted to Black screen, blinking cursor summarize the problem so that it wasn't such a chore to read Basically I had drive each with one Black screen, blinking cursor OS Win XP Vista and Win For some reason the Drive with XP crashed and it's dead Now I am trying to revive my Win Disk but all I get is the same blinking cursor on a black screen Each time the repair disk that came with my Win upgrade tells me that everything is OK but each time I try to reboot I end up on the blinking cursor The reason the Black screen, blinking cursor machine crashed is pretty clear The win X P drive was booting the rest of the OSs Now that's gone the Vista and win drives don t have a valid boot loader The repair disk seems to think everything is fine but it isn't It has been suggested to me to use BCEDIT BCDEDIT - How to Use But in iorder to use it it would have to be installed on the disk Does anyone have any ideas Thank you My original Post from EE Quote I have had my rig for almost years It started out as a Systemax Venture VX - Processor Intel Core QUAD Q GHz MHz Motherboard Intel DG WH ATX Motherboard w Gigabit LAN Passed thought Vista Ultimate bit with GB on a dual boot and finally ended up as a Windows Professional bit GB OCZ Vista Upgrade Edition Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Each OS has been mounted on its own Hard Drive As I upgraded I kept the OS and the Drive and added a new one Yesterday morning I sat at my desk and a blank screen with a blinking cursor at the top left corner welcomed me INITIAL SYMPTOMS upon restarting the BIOS screen came on but it was frozen There is a number on the lower right corner of the BIOS screen that usually runs by but it wasn't moving Basically there was no sign of intelligent life in there No F key had any effect on anything F should take me to setup I am not a total moron when it comes to hardware and software and I have a friend that does this for a living so I called him We first tried the obvious to no avail Then we started taking everything off the rig so it would run as bare bones as possible No Video card no peripherals no modems etc Finally I reset the motherboard with the jumper After that at least I was able to go on to the dreaded blinking cursor but more importantly I was able to get to the BIOS set up screen There I realized that we couldn't see any of the drives We went through a few more setting in the BIOS I am making this as brief as I can until I decided to make it even more bare bone I unhooked everything inside and changed power supply with another computer I have Power supply was OK and I started running hard drive at the time against the BIOS screen This is where things started getting interesting These are the drives I had in the machine at meltdown time Seagate Velociraptor rpm with Win Maxtor GB with Windows Vista Maxtor GB with Win XP pro Seagate TB no OS This is my document drive - I keep no documents on my OS drives Running each drive separately gave me some interesting results Seagate Could not see in BIOS and got blinking cursor Maxtor GB Could not see in BIOS and got blinking cursor Maxtor GB Could not see in BIOS and got blinking cursor Seagate TB could see but got quot No Operating system error quot when trying to boot up for a time I was not sure which was which because it was cramped in there but I kept notes So at this point I run to Fry's and I bought a SATA enclosure to see what the drive's were doing I attached the drives to both my Mac and my Laptop with Vista These are the results Seagate Velociraptor Run fine all files safe and sound Maxtor GB with Windows Vista Run fine all files safe and sound Maxtor GB with Win XP pro Run but did not mount On the laptop actually made a clunking sound Seagate TB Run just fine At this point it was clear what happened For some reason my oldest... Read more

A:Black screen, blinking cursor

conticreative, remove the XP drive from your system, run the repair install 3 times and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/70551-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

One of my users in the dept. brought me their home PC with a very frustrating issue. It's a Gateway SX2850, 4gb RAM, 640 gb hard drive.
It came with Windows 7 home prem. 64-bit installed. After the Gateway logo, the screen goes black except for a blinking cursor. The hard drive appears to be fine. I can boot to a bootable CD or DVD. I've booted to a Win. 7 install disk and ran all the fix/recovery utilities.
I even followed some threads on here Tue. and ran xPUD, QUERY.exe and FRST64.exe --- neither one fixed the issue. help!

A:Black screen - blinking cursor

Can you go to BIOS and check if the hard drive is being recognized and is being booted as first? Did you try moving to another port or using another cable? Were there infections prior to the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467678/black-screen-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop VGN-N G running Windows XP Media Center ok here s the with cursor blinking screen Black problem yesterday I was browsing on the internet amp Avast or Ad-aware popped Black screen with blinking cursor up letting me know that the site was unsafe amp it closed the browser I don t remember the exact message anyway a few seconds later all of my open windows closed amp the Black screen with blinking cursor laptop shut down I tried to re-boot but it just comes up to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner I can not get into safe mode at all I can only get into the bios screen I have tried Black screen with blinking cursor F F control alt delete nothing works I found all of the software that came with the laptop it s about years old but the only CD in the package was the Microsoft office CD I have tried a bunch of free rescue CD s amp the only one that worked was Avira Rescue AntiVir but it did not find any infected files While looking for the Vaio cd I found my Gateway desktop Operating system CD Windows XP media center put that in to try amp use the recovery console it was loading fine got to the part where you type in R then after the next screen it froze and will not go any further now when I put the CD in there is nothing just that blinking cursor UGH nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi guys, I am helping a lady with her Dell desktop...whenever I turn the pc on after the dell logo all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor. I am not familiar with w10, so I'd appreciate any help.

A:Win 10 black screen with blinking cursor

Try rebuilding the Boot menu, start reading here for a faster solution, with just what you posted it leaves it open to a host of issues, good luck.
Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927392

https://malwaretips.com/threads/win-10-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.61904/
Relevancy 110.08%

My netbook running windows XP SP3 got infected with some malware. I was going to reformat and reinstall windows XP on it from a flash drive. I can usually boot from a flash drive no problem.

I was messing around with it, and now when I boot, the computer goes directly to a black screen with a blinking white cursor in the top left corner of the screen. I can't get to the bios or boot into safe mode because it goes right to this screen as soon as the computer is turned on.

Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL blanks the screen for a split second, but then it immediately returns to the blinking cursor. I can't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions?

A:Black Screen, Blinking Cursor

usually this is a sign you are missing your master boot record. but now it appears you have cascading hardware issues.

I would suggest its time to call the manufacturers technical support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-blinking-cursor-554016.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Ive bought a new hdd and installed win 8 in it and copied a bunch of files.. And now when install windows 7 on it after my boot screen i get black screen with a Blinking cursor on the top left
Now what should I do to boot into win 7..

A:Blinking cursor with black screen..

Hi Suresh, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Did you install Win 7 on top of Win 8? or did a clean install of Win 7 after removing Win 8? or are you trying to make it a dual boot PC?
Check out this link. Might help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314189-blinking-cursor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 110.08%

My Please with Black blinking Screen cursor Help daughters computer went to a Black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner it has been this way since January I have tried everything with Black Screen with blinking cursor Please Help no results until i found another post in this forum for the same problem I followed the steps and have a FRST file But now I Black Screen with blinking cursor Please Help need the frstlist I think and hope Thank you so much in advance Here is the readout from the frst Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run cAudioFilterAgent C Program Files Conexant cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe - - Conexant Systems Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run PMBVolumeWatcher c Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run x HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe - - Ask HKU Alexis Run ooVoo exe C Program Files x ooVoo oovoo exe minimized - - ooVoo LLC HKU Alexis Run RESTART STICKY NOTES C Windows System StikyNot exe - - Microsoft Corporation Services Whitelisted S ACDaemon C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe - - ArcSoft Inc S AMD FUEL Service c Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc S NIS C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine diMaster dll - - Symantec Corporation S SampleCollector C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCPerfService exe - - Sony Corporation S uCamMonitor C Program Files x ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exe - - ArcSoft Inc Drivers Whitelisted S ArcSoftKsUFilter C Windows System DRIVERS ArcSoftKsUFilter sys - - ArcSoft Inc S BHDrvx C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation S eeCtrl C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation S EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation S IDSVia C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions IPSDefs IDSvia sys - - Symantec Corporation S NAVENG C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions VirusDefs ENG SYS - - Symantec Corporation S NAVEX C ProgramData Norton C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS Definitions VirusDefs EX SYS - - Symantec Corporation S SymEvent C Windows system Drivers SYMEVENT x SYS - - Symantec Corporation S ccSet NIS SystemRoot system drivers NISx ccSetx sys x S SRTSP SystemRoot system drivers NISx SRTSP SYS x S SRTSPX SystemRoot system drivers NISx SRTSPX SYS x S SymDS system drivers NISx SYMDS SYS x S SymEFA system drivers NISx SYMEFA SYS x S SymIRON SystemRoot system drivers NISx Ironx SYS x S SymNetS SystemRoot system drivers NISx SYMNETS SYS x NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST One Month Modified Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - D C Users Alexis AppData Roaming ArcSoft - - - - - - D C Windows System Macromed - - - - - - D C Windows SysWOW Macromed - - - - - - D C users Alexis - - - - - - D C Windows System sysprep - - - - - - D C Windows rescache - - - - - - D C Windows AppCompat - - - - - - D C ProgramData Norton - - - - - - D C Progra... Read more

A:Black Screen with blinking cursor Please Help

Please let me know if there is something else I should do. Really need to get her computer back up and running. Thanks again, and hope to hear from someone who can help soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496023/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-please-help/
Relevancy 110.08%

When I try to boot from usb I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. I've tried to set the boot order to have the usb first. I made the windows 7 installation setup with wintoflash. I tested the usb with two other computers and it works perfectly. I'd try my DVD drive to install the windows 7 but my DVD drive is no longer working.

A:Black screen w/ blinking cursor

Are you sure the DVD drive is faulty? Try a linux live CD and test. boot order in BIOS is correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313902-black-screen-w-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Well basically what happened was I fell asleep and left my computer on When I woke up it seemed to be kind of dead it wouldn t turn off but it wouldn t do anything either It looked like it wasn t connecting to the monitor So I pull the plug and try restarting it it hits something similar to the problem before I do it again it loads up this time Black w/ screen cursor blinking Everythings fine and dandy for a while and then it locks up first Mozilla Firefox freezes up then Black screen w/ blinking cursor a few other programs then I hit the start button it seems to Black screen w/ blinking cursor work for a second Then it locks up showing only the skin of the start No programs appeared or anything only the black outlining of Vista It seems the computer has frozen It won t turn off so I plug pull I turn it on An HP Invent screen appears and then the black screen with the blinking cursor I can t do anything here nothing except turn the computer off normally I can however access the ESC F and F options when I m at the HP Invent screen So does is it a hardware problem Or maybe I just did Black screen w/ blinking cursor something to corrupt the system nbsp

A:Black screen w/ blinking cursor

It may have been in "Hibernation" and was trying to copy the "In Use files" back to memory from the hard drive.
Now that you have pulled the plug several times Lord knows what has been done your OS and data.

You do have back ups of all your data, right?
Rebuild your machine to factory settings, install programs and restore your backups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-w-blinking-cursor.720464/
Relevancy 110.08%

I purchased a used computer on Ebay it was supposed to come with Windows XP installed When I started the computer it showed an error message saying something to the effect that there was no operating system So I tried to boot it off of a Windows boot disk Then I checked the BIOS to make sure it was starting in the right order and it seemed to be but this is way over my Screen Cursor with Only Black A Blinking head After that I ran fdsk thinking something was corrupted since as I said the computer was supposed to have XP installed Well after I ran fdsk all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor So I emailed the seller of the computer and he sent me a new Windows XP professional CD Not pirated I put the CD in thinking the computer would recognize it Only A Black Screen with Blinking Cursor but nothing is happening Just a black screen with a blinking cursor I have no clue what is wrong Only A Black Screen with Blinking Cursor or what needs to be done please help This computer is an HP C with megs of ram celeron gig hardrive Thanks for any help

A:Only A Black Screen with Blinking Cursor

welcome

does it have on board video?
reseat the video card otherwise
pop the battery out for 20 minutes to reset the cmos and go over the connections

when your into the bios , make the rom as first boot choice, then reboot with the xp disk in the rom..and it will walk you through the process.

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/only-a-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-95768.html
Relevancy 110.08%

hi, i updated my windows 7 laptop today and when it restarted i was faced with a black screen and a blinking cursor in the top left. It was working fine before. I have inserted the disk and booted it and was able to get a repair screen but when i do a startup repair which says it hasnt found any problems. I have also tried restoring it to 2 days ago but even though it says it worked i still have this black screen. All i can get is a setup manager and a boot chooser. Im not sure if the setup manager is bios. I can get a command prompt when i boot the cd. I can only boot the cd if i press f12 on startup and choose cd/dvd. Please help :S

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.938059/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello and sorry for the generic title Recently my computer closed all programs and continued to shut off When it came back on it was able to get past the Dell Logo Screen but could not continue to the login screen instead it loaded a Black Screen with a Blinking Blinking Cursor with Black Screen quot underscore quot cursor on the Top Left-hand of the screen Prior to this a process called quot svchost exe quot used an abundancy of memory and caused my computer Black Screen with Blinking Cursor to lag very badly I found that while quot svchost exe quot is a commonly used important Windows process many viruses and trojans can disguise themselves by naming their process this I used a program called quot Process Explorer quot to ultimately quot Suspend quot the Process right before it used alot of memory and I was able to use my computer without problems from then on While trying to solve my Black Screen issue I found a Thread on the hp forums that had a similar if not exact replica of my issue The link is here Black Screen w Blinking Cursor - HP Support Forum - I thought it was weird that with the Black Screen I had I only had to press the Power Button once to turn my computer off rather than hold it down Ultimately I followed DavidPK's solution created a Windows Recovery Disc and as I was trying to presumeably reset or rebuild my BCD I found that my Black Screen issue had not been solved Overall I still believe the issue is due exclusively to the svchost exe that plagued my computer with high memory usage if I can just get into my computer even with safe mode I'm pretty sure I can look further into deleting whatever is causing the process Also I'm not sure if this is important but it might be About a week ago my computer as well shut down and restarted this time getting to the login screen and then coming up with a Blue Screen that lasted for seconds and then it shut down my computer I found that the issue was something called quot SoftThinks quot was starting on my computer which caused the Blue Screen I merely stopped the process from starting which ended the issue and I'm -pretty- sure it could not have caused this Black Screen If anyone has any ideas or suggestions let me know I've installed the latest drivers and I believe the BIOS is fine for my desktop computer I'm almost positive the Black Screen is -not- due to any Hardware Problems Thank you so much for your time Sincerely Trace

A:Black Screen with Blinking Cursor

Hi tracethom,

From your description, the issue appears to be 'software related'. Since the system goes past the 'Dell logo', it may be a corruption on the 'Operating System'. However, I recommend you to run 'hardware diagnostics' to check 'hard drive' functionality. This will eliminate the possibility of 'hard drive' as the root cause of this issue. This becomes even more important, as you've mentioned about the system shutting down on previous occasions.

To run 'diagnostics', restart the computer > Repeatedly tap 'F12' key at 'Dell Splash Screen' > Use 'arrow key' to highlight 'Diagnostics' > Tap 'Enter' > Capture error, if any and share details.

You may also try the following steps (If the diagnostics pass) to see if they help:
1. Unplug all devices from the system and release the static charge: Unplug all the external peripheral devices from the system (USB Devices, Monitor cable, Power cables, etc) > Press and Hold down the 'power button' on the tower for 10 seconds continuously > Plug the 'power cables' back in > Plug the monitor cable, keyboard and mouse > Try powering on the system only with the basic (essential) devices attached > Repeatedly tap the 'space bar' at the 'Dell splash screen' > Confirm 'Delete Restoration Data' if prompted.

2. If the issue persists, restart the system again > Tap 'F2' key repeatedly at Dell splash screen (BIOS screen appears) > Check if the 'Hard Drive' is detected here (Capture and share the details) > Usually tapping 'F9' key is likely to restore 'BIOS defaults' (Please check the instructions; should be mentioned on the same screen at the bottom) > Tap 'F10' key to save > Exit from the 'System Setup' and recheck if the system boots up now.

3. If the system still does not enter into 'Windows', you may try 'System Restore' from the 'Recovery Options'. Please follow 'Method 2' in the following tutorial: Windows 7 System Restore
You may find this video useful: http://dell.to/13UH7lL
Note: Performing 'System Restore' will not result in data loss. The 'software changes' after the chosen 'restore points' will be lost.

If you still experience any issues, please share the exact model of the Dell system in use.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282073-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi everyone.

First time I've ever had a problem with my laptop in the 3.5 years that I've had it to this point that I have no idea how to fix.

I got overloaded with viruses/malware, but did remove all of it with MalwareBytes. Then, my computer froze and shut off later on, and became in the state that it is in right now.

When I try to boot normally, or click f8 to boot in safe mode, a black screen with a blinking underscore appears in the top left hand corner, and stays like that.

So, I ran f2 + f10, to get to the Setup Utility, and ran the Primary and Secondary Hard Disk Self Test, as well as the Memory Test - and all three tests came back with no errors found.

What else is there to do?

Thanks very much for any help!

-Dan

A:Black Screen, Blinking Cursor

Welcome (didn't we meet before)

If your computer can boot from a dvd, this may help
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.
Then this may be something to try
http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-v...en-booting-up/

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286199-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Ok so i was busy installing kali linux when i realized that i wouldnt be able to install windows again without purchase.I stopped kali installation at 48% and now when i want to boot into windows it shows my laptop manufacturer and then goes to black screen with blinking cursor

A:Black screen blinking cursor

What's the brand name and model name and complete model number of your laptop?
What's the version of Windows on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity(COA) sticker?
What country do you live in?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blinking-cursor.1155969/
Relevancy 110.08%

When I try and boot up my computer it gets through the dell boot screen. But when it starts trys to boot up windows I just get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top rigth hand corner. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary? I updated my internet explorer to IE7, and I updated my I-Tunes. I don't know what could have done it or what I have done. I don't get any error message or anything. Please help!

A:black screen with a blinking cursor

Can you get into safe mode?

what you need to do is start the computer up, when the computer starts to post (white text on black background) hit the F8 keys a few times. you will then be presented with boot options. select safe mode with command prompt and see if you can get into windows.

once in there you will need to identify what is causing the problem, its likely to be a software issue so what i'd suggest it you click on start >> Run - type msconfig

under the startup tab of the screen that appears deselct all programs that are non essential such as ITunes, messenger, leave any that you dont know about selected. you can always reselect item at a later date so dont worry.

once you have deselected the programs, pressa apply, and it will ask you to restart the computer, press restart and allow it to boot in normal mode.

what this will do is stop programs from loading with windows and therefore hopefully whatever is causing your computer to hault at startup will no longer load and should allow your pc to load up in normal mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-a-blinking-cursor.716751/
Relevancy 110.08%

My windows XP keeps showing a blinking cursor instead of loading.
It was working fine yesterday but suddenly today it just won't.
Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong?
I'm not good at computers and know very little about computers. So please be patient with me, My computer isn't the new type and its Windows XP,

A:Blinking cursor with black screen

The computer is "looking" for a boot device... Probably the hard drive is failing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blinking-cursor-with-black-screen.178884/
Relevancy 110.08%

Ok so I have a Compaq EVO D51S running Windows XP Pro but whenever I turn it on it goes through the first two (boot options then logo) screens, then I'm stuck with the black screen with a blinking cursor, I'm going to try changing the CMOS battery in an hour or so but have a feeling it may not work, I've tried booting a Windows CD to put a fresh install on but I get the same screens, any ideas?

A:Black Screen Blinking Cursor?

will it let you type anything in? If it does allow you to type in words, type the word "help" and see if a list of msdos commands come up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617055/black-screen-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a dell desktop, i used crap cleaner and uninstalled some programs that i was no longer using, restarted and now i have a black screen with blinking cursor in top left hand corner. It just beeps when i attempt f2 or f12 after starting it. I hear the fans, and other "wirring" but nothing else happens. Did i screw up with crap cleaner with my registry?

Relevancy 110.08%

Hello all I really need help everytime I try to turn on my windows 7 laptop it goes to a windows screen for a few seconds then gets stuck on a black screen with a blinking cursor. I don't know what's wrong. Please help :)

A:black screen with blinking cursor

It seems there is a hardware failure preventing Windows from booting all the way.

Try doing these steps:

1) Remove all removable storage media (CDs, DVDs, USBs)

2) Disconnect everything from the computer except the mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

3) Restart the computer

4) Press the F10 key during the startup screen until you enter the Windows Setup options

5) Press F5 to restore default settings, and press YES to confirm.

The computer should restart

6) If prompted, start Windows normally

Once you're at your desktop, plug in your devices one at a time to find the one that may be causing the problem.

Check www.techsupportforum.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3573728 for more info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-622542.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a HP pavilion a6130n desktop that only displays a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner when you turn the machine on. Not sure if there have been any changes to the computer recently as it is not actually mine.

I can get into the bios fine but when i try to boot into safe mode i am unable to bring up the advanced boot option menu, i have tryed the F8 and F11 keys mulitple times with no luck. I have also tryed disconnecting the media drive on it because it says to do so on HP's website when doing a system restore. Right after the HP post screen (think thats what it is) it just goes black.

Any ideas why the black screen with cursor? or why i am not able to get into the advanced boot options?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hello Thedarkside,
If you have a Vista disk, follow this tutorial.

Startup Repair

If you don't have a Vista disk, follow this tutorial, then go to the above.

How to Make a Windows Vista Repair Disk If You Don?t Have One - How-To Geek

You will need to go in to the Bios and change the boot order to boot from CD/DVD, as the first device in the boot order.

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280007-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Computer DELL Inspiron Model PP XB OS Windows Vista So my cousin gave me his laptop last night and said blinking with screen black cursor and Need help it wasn't working He told me that it was a black screen and that was it I gave it a look and started it up last night The computer began to start and you saw the Dell splash screen which read DELL MPO Series Bios Revision A In the upper right-hand corner there was the option to press F which gave you access to the Boot Menu and F which gave you access to the Setup I thought it was something with the BIOS and that it needed a System Restore with a repair disk I did research and was reading about everything from laptop screen issues to HDD failure to SATA failure So I did the following I entered F and changed the Boot Sequence to Internal HDD which still gave me the black Need help with black screen and blinking cursor screen with the blinking cursor The Boot Sequence was on CD DVD I entered F and tried a one-time boot from the Internal HDD which gave me the black screen with the blinking cursor again In F I also entered the Diagnostics and ran a PSA Pre-Boot System Assessment The diagnostics checked everything from the system board to the hard drive to the cd-rom to the video card and lcd and memory Everything passed the diagnostics tests I'm a bit confused If I can't boot from the HDD but the diagnostics is telling me that it ran a DST short test and that it passed is the drive still good Or is the drive toast Also I tried F and logging into safemode but I can't even do that The DELL splash screen loads and then it goes into the black screen again I don't even see the Windows screen Can someone help me please I'm guessing that I'm dealing with a HDD or Motherboard issue and that I will need to install one of the two and then reload the OS Thanks PAnewb

A:Need help with black screen and blinking cursor

Hello PAnewb and Welcome to PCHF

Do you have access to another system?
You can download a LiveLinux and check the HDD from there.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/120972-need-help-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello threadreaders,
My little brother has a problem with his pc: He can't start it up normally because he gets stuck on a black screen with a blinking cursor. But he can boot the pc via the boot menu.
His OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.
If you need additional info reply and I'll give it asap.

Try this on the affected machine:
Some hardware tests to run.

Graphics card:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100356-video-card-stress-test-furmark.html#post866972

Hard drive(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software Tools

RAM (memory):
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263223-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Windows XP on a Pentium D sata HD s Gateway GM - Windows XP Media Center blinking screen, cursor Black Edition I was on facebook and a couple other sites browsing chatting etc Com started running really slow I rebooted After POST and before OS can load black screen with blinking cursor HD spins and setup still shows it I do NOT have a windows cd Even if I did my boot sequence only shows my hard drives and something else that I have no idea what it is WD- random letters and numbers Can t boot off other hard drive even though it works fine When I try to load up windows xp from it it wants validated since I put it in from another computer that went bad Called Microsoft to get help validating after calls and hang up s they will not help me So black screen with blinking cursor no cd no option to boot from disc I m supposing Black screen, blinking cursor I can put the drive in another com as a slave and replace the system files from the working HD The problem is I have no idea which ones to replace I would just format it and start over but I do not have a disc and Black screen, blinking cursor therefor no OS to put back on it It does have a partition on the bad main drive for restoration However I have tried everything I can find to make it boot to it so I can do a factory restore but it will not do it I ve hit every F key and every combination of F key s - shift F this and shift F that Any way Gateway say s to do it it will not work Any way people say in forums it will not work I prayed for answers had divine inspiration but it did not work What to do Genuine help will be greatly appreciated and you will have my undying devotion nbsp

I think you have permissions problems from a corrupt file. This should work.

Take your drive out, put it in another PC as a slave drive. Open My Computer on that computer. Right click on the slave drive/partition with the operating system that won't start. Choose properties and then security tab and advanced button, then owner tab. . Make your current user the owner of that drive and all subfolders. That could take 15 or 20 minutes to scan and change. Then, on the permissions tab give full control to the user called Everyone. Again, this could take 15 our more minutes for it to change them. Once the user Everyone has full control, put the drive back in the other computer and it will likely boot up.

Once it does you need to do SFC /scannow and check for viruses and malware. Hope this solves it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-blinking-cursor.172018/
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a sony vaio vpceb11fm laptop. the moment i turn it on i get the vaio sign and then a black screen with a flashing cursor on the top left hand corner i tried f10 to recover the system but come across the same problem.

A:help black screen with blinking cursor

Sounds like the hard drive is not recognized or has no Master Boot Record. Can you get into the BIOS (Setup)? If so, see what you can learn there about the hard drive. If there are any diagnostics there test the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1053142/
Relevancy 110.08%

I can't get my puter to boot. When turned on it goes to black screen and blinking cursor. I can't afford to lose my files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blinking-cursor.794417/
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello all. I need help. I turned my computer on today and all I got was a black screen with the cursor blinking. The logo doesn't come up at all. My keyboard is nonresponsive.

Please help me!!!!!

I want to thank you all in advance. :)

Hello LuvLeyHolli and welcome to TSF,

Remove all sources of power from your PC.
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Replace power and power on.

Does the logo show up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blinking-cursor-670065.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have an Acer Aspire 7540 and just recently I went to start up my computer and it went to a black screen with a blinking cursor. I can't get into safe mode or anything my keyboard on the laptop don't work. I go into bios it shows the hard drive. I try using the installation disks to do a full recovery but then when I restart the computer afterwards it goes right to the black screen and cursor again. Can anyone help me please????

A:black screen with blinking cursor

Hi tinabre40 and Welcome to TSF,

Does the recovery go through as normal, i mean does it report Successfully reinstalled? Because that blinking cursor means that you it cannot find a bootable drive.

Firstly make sure all external harddrives/USBS/CD's are taken out/unplugged and reboot.

It might be that your recovery partition(or recovery DVD) has been damaged and is not able to restore Windows to it's previous state, or it has been discovered and infected by a malware.

Secondly see if you can get your hands on another set of recovery DVD's, just in case it's them at fault.

Otherwise I would recommend you to get your hands on a clean installation DVD:
Run the installation > Choose Custom install.
Remove all partitions > Mark the "Unallocated space" > Create new partition.
Format the partition > Proceed with installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-595115.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I just recently did a windows update due to it said it was critical So it did the update and after it restarted i noticed my computer was running slow after i did and adobe flash update Then when i restarted my computer again i got the black screen with the blinking Black blinking with screen cursor. cursor Ive tried to restore to a previous Black screen with blinking cursor. state but i get message quot System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details An Black screen with blinking cursor. unspecified error occurred during System Restore x ffff Black screen with blinking cursor. You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point If you continue to see this error you can try an advanced recovery method For more information see What is Recovery quot Ive also noticed that when i goes to find a drive with the OS on it Ive noticed my C drive has been renamed D and thats what i believe is causing my booting problems Please help

A:Black screen with blinking cursor.

Ok i got my drive bacc to C: but when i go to restore i still get the same error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-797266.html
Relevancy 110.08%

HI could i have malware problem XP SP Gateway E- desktop running fine usually occasional slow-downs but Black screen blinking cursor yesterday the OS wouldn t load black screen with blinking cursor re-starting and i could get into the BIOS screen but couldn t figure how to boot in safe mode changed boot order to CD first Tried using Gateway original OS install CD it would spin show the Gateway green screen and make its video adjustments then turn black again The only change i can Black screen blinking cursor think of is that we received a warning email from Comcast ISP reporting a pc on our home network had a BOT infection didn t say which pc we have three dekstops and Black screen blinking cursor laptops XP vista and Thinking i needed a new pc i removed the printer usb cable to insert into a working desktop and ingnored the gateway also removed a wireless mouose usb receiver hours later i thought i d turn monitor back on and try to boot up again and it showed black screen with quot mouse and keyboard settings are not active quot but did allow me to boot up with hard drive and pc worked as if there had never been a problem I assumed that unplugging printer cable or mouse receiver from usb s had fixed the problem but same devices had been in use for several years reconnected the printer and mouse receiver and the system continues to work fine my thought was to run rkill malwarebytes superantispyware til clean any other ideas could this be the BOT warning we got from comcast i thought it strange that comcast sent us that kind of vague warning maybe that was malware thanks for any ideas i want to prevent this from happening again Before i knew the Gateway was operating properly i had spent hours setting up different printers on the home network pdoyle

A:Black screen blinking cursor

Hi pdoyle -Do you use Ebay and any similar sites - BOTs can be items that track bids on these sites so that you can be the last bidder -This is not the only use of BOTs but it is the most common - They are not always bad things, but this is the most common use in home uses -Thank You -EDIT - From WIKI -In addition to their uses outlined above, bots may also be implemented where a response speed faster than that of humans is required (e.g., gaming bots and auction-site robots) or less commonly in situations where the emulation of human activity is required, for example chat bots. Recently bots have been used for search advertising, such as Google Adsense

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377006/black-screen-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 110.08%

Tried to delete files on an SD card. Got a non descript error message. Tried to cancel and it hung up. Task manager to end process on explorer. After a min my normal desktop appeared. Got "explorer not responding" when I tried to open a folder. Restarted computer and it took a long time so hard shut down at power switch. On restart it went to dell splash screen for one sec and then the black screen with blinking cursor. Restarting with hitting F2 no change. F12 on restarts just beeps.
Disconnected all peripherals inculding all but one internal hard drive. No Change. Tried Vista disk with no change.

A:Black screen with blinking Cursor

Run the free bootable diagnostics from here: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Can you access the "Repair your Computer" entry on the Safe Mode page (or with the Vista install disk)? If so, run Startup Repair 3 times.
Try System Restore from the Startup Repair menu

If you get into Windows:
- create another "backup" profile and test it
- update all drivers
- scan for malware

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296573-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I have a HP G60 laptop. When I power up, I just get a black screen and a single cursor that doesn't blink. I doesn't even show the the logo for windows or HP / Compac. No buttons respond, except cntrl.alt.del. and that just flashes the screen for a moment, then back to the black screen again. I would send you more specs but I can't get to them. Thank you in advance for your time.

A:black screen, NON blinking cursor.

If you don't see the HP logo, then you've probably got a video problem (although other things can cause this).
Start by trying an external monitor on the computer to see if you can see the HP logo when it boots.

Beyond that there's not much else that you can do. Maybe take it to a local shop for an estimate?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/297093-black-screen-non-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 108.79%

HP Pavilion 753n, Win XP migration problem.
A failing hard disc required that the old XP drive be imaged (ghosted) and migrated over to a new Maxtor. Power up the PC after this was done and am presented with a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner.
OK, probably a MBR and bootsector problem. I fire up my Win2K Upgrade CD and select Repair and Console. Instruct it to fixboot and fixmbr. Reboot and get the same black screen with blinking cursor. Interestingly this repair procedure has worked fine in the past. Knowing that the MBR points to the boot sector and starts the whole NTLoader process going, I am left scratching my head as to why it refuses to do anything. No errors, nothing.
Anyone got any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-boot-black-screen-blinking-cursor-no-joy.396737/
Relevancy 108.79%

My computers worked fine up until a few days ago. I was using it like normal and it abruptly BSODd on me with the error system_service_exception. Following the restart, the computer would not boot. It shows the logo but then doesn't boot. It is stuck at the black screen with the blinking cursor. I have tried repairing it with my windows 7 disk by checking start up and everything else available on the cd. All the tests say it should be fine. Also when i try to system restore it ends up failing. Can anyone give me any advice. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-blinking-flashing-cursor.1001548/
Relevancy 108.79%

for some reason I can't even get into windows 7, after I get pass the screen that says "asus" , my laptop brand, It goes into a black screen with a blinking cursor in the left hand corner like this:

I'm unable to do anything at that point, it just blinks. I can't even boot into safe mode now, the only think I'm able to get into is the Bios Setup Utility menus and Asus' express gate, which is just a media/internet/gaming/skype thing that doesn't allow .exe files to run...

This came factory installed so I don't have a windows 7 disc to help run fixes or anything. please, someone, help.

A:Can't get into windows, black screen with blinking cursor

Hello grive and welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you tried booting into Advanced Boot Options? As soon as you start your machine click the F8 key (top row of keyboard) and keep clicking until you see the Advanced Boot Options screen. This tutorial has a bit more info.

Advanced Boot Options

From here you should be able to choose from several different options including Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc.

Depending on your specific computer you may also have a hidden recovery partition that can return your machine to factory specs (just like the day it was when you got it home.) On some laptops you can press F9 at start up and that should open the recovery process. I believe you get four different options:

1. If none of the following recovery options is selected, the computer will just be rebooted to load Windows (if Recovery is started from the hard drive) or run the bootable disc in the optical drive.

2. The first partition is deleted (the others remain intact) and a new system partition C: will be created.

3. This option removes all the partitions from the hard drive and creates a new system partition C:.

4.This option removes all the partitions from the hard drive and creates two new partitions C: (60% of the drive’s storage capacity) and D: (40%).

You might want to check your owners manual or quick start guide to see if it gives more info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171529-cant-get-into-windows-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 108.79%

when i power up, the toshiba logo comes on the screen, then black screen w cursor. the only action that makes a difference is ctrl,alt,del, and back to the same prob.please help?, thanks mike

A:black screen w/cursor blinking,toshiba sat.A40

1/ Does the HDD make a clicking noise. Hold the laptop up near your ear. If you here a clicking sound the HDD is hosed. You'll need to replace it.

2/ Next remove the battery.. Then try booting it up with out it.. If that works then the battery is bad and needs to be replaced.

3/ Go into the BIOS and change the order of boot, too CD-Rom, HDD, USB, Network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-w-cursor-blinking-toshiba-sat-a40.71371/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi I was running Windows Screen, Black Solved: Blinking Cursor ultimate -bit on an Emachines ET- g- w Just a few days ago i began getting bombarded with viruses Something called quot guard online quot Evevntually messing with malware bytes and OTS with online help i got the virus to stop temporarily A few hours after the success middle of listening to music a prompt box popped up explaining that something or other had gone wrong with windows Before i could read it the computer was shutting down Everything i had open was closing on its own That night i hadnt tried touching it again The next morning i attempted to turn Solved: Black Screen, Blinking Cursor the computer on and i got to the POST sequence Saw the E Machines splash screen and then blank Blsck screen blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner i ve done my reading and ive managed to get my hands on a windows install disc and im attempting to repair the OS but the windowsPE isnt even recognizing that there was ever any instance of windows on this machine i ve tried running bootrec and ive tried startup repair and even system restore nothing is successful nbsp

Relevancy 108.79%

Hi!

Trying to install Windows 8.1 on my MacBook Pro. Worked fine last time I tried. Now, however, using the same DVD, after `Press any key to boot to CD or DVD...`, I'm taken straight to a black screen with a blinking cursor and nothing is happening.

I've seen similar cases, ie. Black screen with only mouse cursor on it - Windows 7 instalation Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums - but they usually occur after the installation welcome screens etc., or after the install itself has succeeded.

I just ran `fsck` and found no errors.

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/62461-8-1-installation-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 108.79%

This is a Dell Inspiton N4010 running Windows 7 Home that shutdown while surfing the web. Since, the only thing it will do is show the startup screen, notes options <F2> or <F12> then goes to the black screen with blinking cursor. There is no beep on start, and when <F8> is pressed, it ignores it and goes right to the blinking cursor.

I have been able to get a boot from the CD/DVD so have run Dell Diagnostics from the CD?DVD. According to the results, the computer is operating great...it just won't go anywhere! Any suggestions?

This is a friend's computer and is a little over a year old. The only disks available is the diagnostic disk, otherwise I would try a Windows 7 reinstall. Usually I don't have too many problems figuring things out but this one has me stumped.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Black Screen/Blinking Cursor .... no <F8> option...HELP

Hello grtcrowd,

See if you can borrow a Windows 7 recovery disc from a friend, and run the start up repair in the System Recovery Options.

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450662/black-screenblinking-cursor-no-f8-optionhelp/
Relevancy 108.79%

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 which was infected by what KasperskyTDSSKiller called the Pihar.c rootkit. I selected the 'cure" option and was prompted to reboot the laptop to complete the removal process. Upon a reboot, the Dell logo appeared and then the black screen with a blinking cursor. After researching similiar situations in the Bleeping Computer forums, I created a Windows 7 system repair disc from a clean machine but have been unsuccessful in getting the machine to boot from the CD. Unfortunately F8 nr F12 don't do anything when pressed. The initial Dell logo screen suggests that F12 should open the boot options but it doesn't recognize any of the F keys. The only thing I can do is press Ctrl Alt Del, which restarts my computer. Any suggestions on how I can get past the black screen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Black screen with blinking cursor (Pihar.c)

I can see that you posted in malware removal forum few days ago.
Let's see if I can get you some help there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492961/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-piharc/
Relevancy 108.79%

My computer would not get past the start up screen it install screen cursor Black blinking w/ on just froze at the Windows logo Prior to this I had absolutely no problems I shut it down one night and came to start it the next morning and it wouldn t load I format the drive and tried to reinstall Windows It seemed to load everything fine and got to the quot Completing Install quot part then just flicked to a completely black screen with a blinking line in the Black screen w/ blinking cursor on install top left-hand corner I have googled intensively but can t seem to find any answers I did read on one forum that perhaps it was a RAM issue so I removed one stick and the process actually completed I thought I had nailed it After setting my computer back up and with everything working just fine I put the RAM back in On restart it locked at the logo again so I figured it was definitely bad RAM HOWEVER Even with the RAM now removed I cannot get Windows to reinstall I am still getting this awful black screen with a blinking cursor Please help me save my hair and my sanity nbsp

A:Black screen w/ blinking cursor on install

Perhaps it's your hard drive? How long ago did you buy your computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-w-blinking-cursor-on-install.1005434/
Relevancy 108.79%

OS is Windows Vista had SP and latest updates Inspiron One day walked up to the laptop and it had a black screen and blinking cursor I power down and on dozens and dozens of times since then - happened a few days ago - - Each time I power on I see the initial F amp F Dell screen then goes straight to black screen with blinking cursor F has no affect and never get anywhere near to Windows Vista booting Tried Vista restore from Dell disk several times and doesn't work and doesn't detect any problems Ran all extended hardware and memory diagnostics that came with the Dell computer and everything passes Tried new Vista install which then requires a reboot to complete then went right back to Black Blinking - Cursor Vista Screen black screen with Vista - Black Screen Blinking Cursor blinking cursor Been scanning and scanning the internet have hit a major logic gridlock as to what the problem could be All hardware appears fine and passes all tests Then tried new Vista installation and still get the black screen with blinking cursor I am very desperate to get this fixed My wife needs this up and running for work come early Monday morning

A:Vista - Black Screen Blinking Cursor

Hi Family_Man,

My name is Tapan. I am from Dell Social Media Team.

I read your message and I appreciate your effort. You can try releasing the flea power which might be causing this issue by following the below mentioned steps.
1. Shut down the system and unplug the power cord and remove the battery as well.
2. Press and hold the power button on the laptop for about 10 seconds.
3. Release the power button.
4. Please put the battery back in and plug in the ac adapter and power on the system.

You can also change the boot sequence in BIOS and make CD DVD ROM as first boot device.

The OS reinstallation not initiating or finishing might very well be caused by a damaged CD or DVD, you can try another Windows Vista Home premium CD and use the product key on the bar coded label of your system.
Let me know of the findings. Glad to be of assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Dell_Tapan_s
Dell Social Media Responder

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-black-screen-blinking-cursor-656686.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello!

Vista SP1
2gb ram
Asus M50vm
nvidia 9600gs
After a normal shutdown my laptop no longer boots. It posts fine, then displays a black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left of the screen.

So far I have done the following with the Vista Restore Disk:

-Pulled up a command prompt and verified that my files are intact on the HDD

-Run the Vista diagnostic

-Used system restore to rollback to an earlier restore point
None of the above had any noticable effect. I will attempt to reinstall Vista later, but beyond that I am unsure what else to try.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

A:After post, black screen, blinking cursor

Hi-

From the command prompt type

Code:
bootrec.exe /fixMBR
See if that helps, also is the BIOS set to boot from the HDD?

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-post-black-screen-blinking-cursor-550089.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi all XP Blinking black screen Windows - cursor, Pro I was hoping that someone can guide me through resolving this problem that I think is related to Windows XP I have an old Thinkpad T laptop that stopped booting up but instead would go to a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left-hand side I tried booting from a CD after changing the boot list but that didn't work and also tried using a repair CD but that didn't work either i e nothing showed on the screen At some point much later when I started up the laptop it went to the IBM thinkpad splash screen and then to a screen that says Error Check date and time settings Press F to Setup I've read on the internet that this issue is likely caused by a bad CMOS battery so I ordered a new one What I wanted to know before replacing the battery is Could that have caused the blinking cursor black screen problem as well or is it more likely a virus that corrupted the Master Blinking cursor, black screen - Windows XP Pro Boot Record or perhaps I have both problems Would it work if I just swap out the hard drive and use the hd from a Toshiba Satellite C laptop either internally or somehow externally The Toshiba powers up but the screen is cracked so I cant use that laptop now either I just want to be able to use the Thinkpad until I replace the Toshiba and am looking for the easiest solution Appreciate any suggestions

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/blinking-cursor-black-screen-windows-xp-pro-278334/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello all I am hoping someone will be able to help me here So the other day my laptop Toshiba Satellite A is going along happy as a clam and I shut it down to leave for the day When I get back that night I press the power button and go to make some tea as it PC screen; cursor? blinking Black Won't - start boots up but when I get back ten minutes later there is nothing but this damned blinking PC Won't start - Black screen; blinking cursor? quot quot in the corner of the screen I tried leaving it over night to see if it was just being obscenely slow but to no avail The next day I made a copy of Hiren s Boot Disk on my sister s computer on the recommendation of one of my friends on PC Won't start - Black screen; blinking cursor? which I used the quot Boot from hard disk - Windows Vista quot So the good news is that I am able to start the computer that way - I m using it right now - but only using the boot disk I tried doing a repair with my Windows installation disk but it couldn t find any problems I m out of ideas now PC Won't start - Black screen; blinking cursor? any help nbsp

Relevancy 108.79%

Hey guys I m back again unfortunately on the family PC this time because my laptop is infected Late last night I was watching a video and all of a sudden Microsoft Security Essentials popped up saying I had to trojans right as I was going to clean them up my laptop just shut off and began to restart It goes past the initial Toshiba start up screen and after that goes to a black screen w a blink cursor in the top left corner and then just sits I tried using a cd that I Can't w/ Screen Blinking Get Black Past Cursor burned a Windows recovery disk to but it comes up with the message Windows has Can't Get Past Black Screen w/ Blinking Cursor encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer This error can be caused by unplugging Can't Get Past Black Screen w/ Blinking Cursor a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use or by faulty hardware such as a hard dive or CD-ROM drive that is failing Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer If you continue to receive this error message contact the hardware manufacturer Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred My current job source of income relies on me having my laptop so if you can help that d be great THANKS

A:Can't Get Past Black Screen w/ Blinking Cursor

So I burned the recovery disk with a different program and am now able to get into the System Recovery Options. From there I can't figure out what to do and apparently there are no previous restore points. Also, Startup Repair does nothing for me..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373516/cant-get-past-black-screen-w-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 108.79%

I installed 7 over and over again on an existing HDD only to end up with a black screen with cursor after the first restart.
Finally, I started the laptop again, Dell E6510, pushed F12 for boot options once again but this time selected BIOS Setup where I found a choice between Legacy and UEFI in the Boot Sequence setting.
Mine was set for Legacy instead of UEFI. Once that was changed, all was good.
I'm not sure why that made a difference other than I probably installed 7 under EFI.

What is EFI? Did I have a choice to install 7 there?

A:Black screen with blinking cursor solved

See this for a definition.
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the BIOS under boot order, you should see your DVD drive listed twice with the Windows 7 DVD loaded in the drive.
Once as UEFI (most likely the default) and once without that title. This where you chose which you want to install (MBR or UEFI) by setting the proper drive entry as the first in the boot order.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298198-black-screen-blinking-cursor-solved.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hey guys I m back again unfortunately on the family PC this time because my Get Past Cursor Blinking w/ Can't Black Screen laptop is infected Late last night I was watching a video and all of a sudden Microsoft Security Essentials Can't Get Past Black Screen w/ Blinking Cursor popped up saying I had to trojans right as I was going to clean them up my laptop just shut off and began to restart It goes past the initial Toshiba start up screen and after that goes to a black screen w a blink cursor in the top left corner and then just sits I tried using a cd that I burned a Windows recovery disk to but it comes up with the message Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use or by faulty hardware such as a hard dive or CD-ROM drive that is failing Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer If you continue to receive this error message contact the hardware manufacturer Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred My current job source of income relies on me having my laptop so if you can help that d be great THANKS

A:Can't Get Past Black Screen w/ Blinking Cursor

If you're sure your system is infected, shouldn't you be posting in the malware forum?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373514/cant-get-past-black-screen-w-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 108.79%

This is a continuation to the following thread that was close (I think prematurely - not solved)
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1029234-hp-laptop-black-screen-blinking.html

Has anyone had a resolution to the above thread issue, I am having same problem.

Relevancy 108.79%

Hello!  Sorry if im not posting this in the right place please let me know if i am.  I have an asus G73J that wont boot.  It was recently upgraded to windows 10 64bit. I can get it to the flash utility by spamming f4 but i dont know what to do from there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

A:Booting to black screen with blinking cursor

Do you have the system recovery media set for this?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157390.0.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I had a copy of windows xp home addition i think I have a copy of Professional screen black and with load cursor to blinking Try get xp i was going to put on the computer It was doing the normal load that i have seen window do before when loading on other computers Then it came to a blue screen that said something to the affect of Windows startup is installing It used to go to the loading screen then shut itself off and start again I went to bios trying to figure out why it doesn t load Now after the blue screen saying it is restarting setup it now goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor that i can move I have gone to bios and made sure it boots from disk I called windows and they said my disk was called an OEM and that is why I can t install it I Try to load xp and get black screen with blinking cursor told them I bought it thru an online school I was attending so it should have been a retail version I can t get to anyother screen but bios and the black screen I wish I could tell you specs of my computer to help but i put it together using various parts from other people old comupters The only think I can tell you is that before I did this it was speced for and ran World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade With no problems Sorry I can t be anymore help but i have searched the internet over and over and can t seem to find an way to fix it I even wondered if i put a new hard drive in it would I be able to load it nbsp

Relevancy 108.79%

Hi Guys I picked up this exact HP notebook http www staples com HP-G - US- duct-nr I've had it for days All was fine until I started downloading some partition programs for my EXHD that didn't seem to like Windows Sooner after closing some windows the computer went VERY stuck screen the cursor black with on blinking to the dreaded quot Blue screen quot for about seconds then to the quot black screen with the blinking cursor quot and its been stuck ever sing Can't type while in the black screen it beeps I went ahead and searched for solutions to this everything but nothing works I tried CTRL-ATL-DEL just bring me back to the same screen I did the quot removal battery plug hold down VERY stuck on the black screen with blinking cursor the power button etc quot nothing F and or anything F button doesn't work just beeps I can however VERY stuck on the black screen with blinking cursor access the quot startup menu quot by pressing ESC but thats about it It didn't come with a install DVD of windows so am kinda stuck bigtime Hopefully you guys can help Thanks Harold

A:VERY stuck on the black screen with blinking cursor

Welcome to SF!

Try a startup repair from the Windows DVD. If you don't have one, you can create one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84333-very-stuck-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 108.79%

my laptop is not start. click on power buton it is just see black screern and curser .what i do .i am using windows 10. i am  try to conver to my in dule operting system (windows 10+udntu).but i dont know what is the problem is instuling the ubntu and i get this problem .plase suggest me how to solve this problem.

A:Black screen with blinking cursor in the top left

Sheeramasawa Sorry, but this is just a community forum that focuses on Windows-related problems with HP computers. We do not do Linux troubleshooting here. So, if you need support with a dual-booted system, you need to check on the Ubuntu Forums: Ubuntu ForumsGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-in-the-top-left/td-p/5715295
Relevancy 108.79%

My computer picked up a nasty virus Actually my year old daughter did but that's another story rrr So the first thing I did was try to restore it to an earlier date When the restore program restarted all I got was a black screen with a blinking cursor What I've done since then Reformatted hard drive and reloaded windows from OEM Disk No change in behaviour The restore program works fine and screen cursor Black startup on blinking but when it restarts I get the same screen I've done it twice Started up in DOS using USB stick ran CHKDSK as well as other commands and the HD appears to be fine Disconnected everything USB DVD Drive peripherals etc but still windows won't load I've changed the BIOS every way imaginable but it still won't load I figured that maybe I got one of those BIOS Black screen and blinking cursor on startup viruses you hear about so I reflashed the BIOS using DOS Still windows won't load I believe that all of my components in my system are fine but there is something small that I'm missing - maybe some way that the computer is instructed to load windows that got corrupted I'm only intermediate in my knowledge ability to work with computers so I'm certain somewhere out there has got something good for me to try Thanks for any help Computer is an Acer Aspire X -U which is a Pentium E GHz with Windows

A:Black screen and blinking cursor on startup

Oh, another thing - I also tried booting with a Windows XP disk that I've got - that led to a BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-and-blinking-cursor-on-startup-622485.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi black cursor Vista; screen blinking I'm running on a Vista HP pavilion slimline x I don't know what happened I was just watching dramas online and then mozilla just crashed I opened it again and thought it was nothing but it crashed once again and stuffs started popping up I dont remember exactly what it was but then the programs on my desktop disappeared leaving only my folders and programs like keygen on the desktop screen Vista; black screen blinking cursor Then system fix popped up and did its work but some of them failed so I restarted my computer After that I cannot go on it because it would just go into a black screen with a Vista; black screen blinking cursor blinking Vista; black screen blinking cursor cursor on the top left side I had to close the computer forcefully by clicking the power button I opened my computer again and it goes to this page ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting I tried clicking system recovery F but it goes back to the black screen and the blinking cursor I tried diagnostics and it did some stuffs and the computer rebooted but it continued back into the black screen and blinking cursor I tried all the other buttons but none of them work and the black screen with blinking cursor keeps coming back Please Help Thank You

A:Vista; black screen blinking cursor

Im here to help

First try to download ubuntu.
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek
If you cant, the problem is hardware and you should bring the computer in for service.
If you can, save your stuff and then post, again, for further advice.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294168-vista-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Ok so recently I got a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left. The computer starts up normally with the toshiba logo but then it goes to this black screen with a blinking cursor. I tried almost everything. I tried doing system startup repair, /fixboot /fixmbr, The "0" key, F8 doesnt work and so forth. Im starting to lose hope. I cant even reinstall windows 7 onto the computer because after it restarts to finish the installation it just goes back to the black screen with the blinking cursor on the top left. The computer is a Toshiba Satellite A205 - S5825 windows 7 32 bit. This is probably in the wrong section so if it is please move it to the appropriate section if possible. Any help is appreciated.

A:Toshiba Black Screen With Blinking Cursor?

Work through these steps which try everything possible for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start leading up to if necessary rescuiing your files to run Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility or Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/260440-toshiba-black-screen-blinking-cursor.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hey everyone I have just finished scouring the internet from one side to the other and I am STILL completely stumped I have a Toshiba Satelllite A -S It is about - years old and it continues to run fine until today Some random Java update popped up Black Starting! Fan Screen, Not Blinking Cursor, my computer slowed down then it froze I held down my power button to turn off the computer pressed it again and NOOOOOO My computer booted to Black Screen, Blinking Cursor, Fan Not Starting! the Toshiba screen then turned black a blinking cursor appeared in the top left corner and the fan stopped Everytime I would try the same thing would happen If I touched any keys after the cursor appears and unpleasant high pitched sound comes from the speakers The only options I have are hitting F or F and neither of them seem to have a solution I tried removing my HD and something different happened It said to enter a disc boot disc maybe the problem is that I don't have my boot discs anymore Does anyone have experience or the technical knowhow to solve this I have found many topics on this but none of the solutions seem to work removing the HD taking out the battery and rebooting taking out the battery and unplugging and 'holding down the power button ' I did the last one to humor the poster I don't want to lose my HD I have a great many things on it and my laptop was performing brilliantly until java Any thoughts Ideas Help

A:Black Screen, Blinking Cursor, Fan Not Starting!

Best thing is Remove Those java Updates From booting Laptop from Safe Mode. Sometimes these kind of issues comes when u shutdown pc while backup installation , if it happen u have be backed up and re - format

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blinking-cursor-fan-not-starting-561822.html
Relevancy 108.79%

This is the third time our new Dell inspiron 530 has done this... We were covered under warranty the first 2 times now they want $$$ to diagnose and repair what was fixed with a simple patch before. Apparently the directory sectors of the hard drive are inaccessible I should have paid more attention when they took control of the computer, ran their utility, and "recovered" the missing data. The entire contents of the hard drive were intact and I have no idea how the "map" of the drive could be recovered but they did it relatively quickly over the internet. Windows Vista premium and all of its boot options are completely inaccessible. Bios passes fine but as soon as the hard drive needs to be read it hangs. If this hadn't happened twice before and been repaired through software I might have believed there was a physical problem with the hard drive.

A:Solved: Black screen with blinking cursor

hi and welcome to TSG you may need to run a start up repair or at least a chkdsk from the install disc you could also try your recovery partition or safe mode this should help with safe mode http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html and this from install disc http://helpdesk.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6565 this for start up repair http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html ok to get to safe mode try tapping f8 on boot up you need to check on dell site about the recovery partition if any on your comp hopefully one of these methods may be of help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.823954/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello

I have a problem with an ASUS Eee PC notebook. It is running Win 7 starter. When i start the system it goes through the normal setup until it gets to the windows startup screen it then goes to a Black screen with a mouse curser. I have no access to the system then. This also happens in safemode. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Regards Demonseed

A:Windows 7 - black screen with blinking cursor

All I can think of right now is to make a system restore using the Windows 7 Disc, if you have one.

You can follow this method in the link below.

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/09/10/running-system-restore-in-windows-7-from-your-windows-disk/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503189/windows-7-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 108.79%

I have been trying to troubleshoot a drive for days i OS blinking boot!! screen, won't Black cursor!! am able to recognize and use all of my data when i throw it on as a slave on any other machine however there is something seriously wrong with the boot sequence or something I havve tried repairing it with the windows disc i have tried recovering also I have used Norton Ghost to try to fix it etc I think its something to do with the master boot record or OS won't boot!! Black screen, blinking cursor!! something in there When i try to boot from that drive i get a black screeen immediately after my bios finishes loading and keyboard is frozen and there is a blinking cursor in the top right All i am really concerned with is saving all of my program data licenses is OS won't boot!! Black screen, blinking cursor!! there anyway i can transfer at once all of my programs and stuff i need from one drive to a new gb drive i have with XP already on it Ghost offers to duplicate my HDD image onto another drive but that erases all of the data on that drive Can i look up via the new OS won't boot!! Black screen, blinking cursor!! working OS on the gb machine what i am missing to boot properly on the faulty machine If you choose to answer this please take your time and answer fully as I won't be able to check any replies for a few hours and you may not be able to reply again when im back Thankyou so much anyone who can help

A:OS won't boot!! Black screen, blinking cursor!!

First, I'd backup all the data. Since you mention GHOST, I'd make an image of the failing drive with GHOST and save that image file. That allows you to access any/all of your data at least. Also, having an image file on a different disk will allow you to make a mistake in the recovery process and just go back to where you are now.

GHOST won't transfer your data, etc. and allow you to "overlay" your other XP installation with just part of it. A clone operation erases the destination completely, which is probably not what you want.

Have you downloaded the disk manufacturer's diagnostic and done a non-destructive surface scan on the failing disk? Before we attempt any repairs, it would be nice to know that the disk is healthy.

If it passes the scan, I'd try a repair installation of XP. Install the disk as the primary, and boot from the XP CD. Don't choose the recovery console option, but rather continue as if you were installing XP. It should come up and tell you that there is an existing installation, and ask if you want to overwrite it or install in a new place. You want to overwrite the existing installation with the repair installation. This should leave all of your applications intact, though you will have to reload all service packs and security patches.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/os-wont-boot-black-screen-blinking-cursor-48886.html
Relevancy 108.79%

My wife was using my Acer Aspire Laptop B -BZ She was on facebook looking at some celebrity news when a message popped up that said something like harmful item detected She doesn't remember exactly She said the boot, screen, Black won't blinking tried cursor, everything message came in a little window down by the date and time in the bottom right a Windows message I assume Then the computer shut itself down Then it tried to turn itself back on but only came to a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the top right Every since then when the computer is turned on it goes to the black scree with blinking cursor Windows will not load I looked at some forums with advice on this problem I tried Black screen, blinking cursor, won't boot, tried everything changing the BIOS going through some F option when starting the computer Nothing worked So I put in the recovery CD Black screen, blinking cursor, won't boot, tried everything I chose to reset the computer back to factory settings in case it was some type of virus I wanted no trace of it Using the CD I successfully reset the computer back to factory settings I got a message that it was done succesfully and the computer would now restart The computer restarted but Went AGAIN to black screen blinking cursor Again and again that's all I get I even reset the computer using the recovery CD again Still after completing the reset it goes to black screen blinking cursor PLEASE HELP Thank you Jordan

A:Black screen, blinking cursor, won't boot, tried everything

Anyone???  Please.  I have no clue what to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497856/black-screen-blinking-cursor-wont-boot-tried-everything/
Relevancy 108.79%

PC info : Ms windows xp professional sp3 - Intel core2 duo cpu e7200 @ 2.53ghz, 2.0 gb ram, intel g33/g31 express chipset family (dell desktop)

nothing is working - it'll boot up at the dell screen then goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor (which I can't type anything)

I connected an usb external cd/dvd driver and ran "hiren boot cd" ran just fine - I was able to scan for viruses, check the system - everything is okay. when i disconnect the external drive - back to the problem. can anyone help me??? thank you.

A:PC boot up to black screen with blinking cursor

hi, was one of the tests a hard drive test? I'm not sure which one would be on the hiren disk, could you go to the web site of the manufacturer of the hard drive and download their diagnostic program, burn to disk as a .iso and let us know the result. Had anything occurred before this happened? Any error messages etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-boot-up-to-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-549041.html
Relevancy 108.79%

hello as the title states i have a windows pc that won't boot past a blinking cursor on a darkened screen it went through a chkdsk r and lots of different things that took minutes renamed some deleted some then rebooted on 7 black a blinking screen cursor windows nothing i went into the registry and opened a hive and made sure the bootup went to explerer exe -- nothing then i decided to take some files off windows 7 blinking cursor on a black screen the drive windows 7 blinking cursor on a black screen from another pc when windows 7 blinking cursor on a black screen i plugged it in explorer showed a 'system reserved drive' in my case m and a 'local drive' n when i click on m it shows it to be empty and when i click on n i get the window 'n is not accessible access is denied' but does show there to be data on it so then i right clicked on both drives and changed the security to allow everything for SYSTEM amp Administrator see read modify etc i know i have admin rights to do this and everything is running smoothly as all the files appear to be getting their attributes changed now i right click on both drives and see i have full rights but i STILL can't see or access the files on n i can see the files as their attribs are being changed one by one so i know they're there but i can't manipulate them in explorer help and thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384045-windows-7-blinking-cursor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 107.5%

hello every one and thank you for your help!!

i had windows vista and i wanted to put windows xp too on the same harddrive...i went to a website and they showed me how to make a partition!!!!(http://vistarewired.com/2007/02/16/h...-windows-vista)

after i made the partition i restarted the computer with the XP Pro cd in and i chose to boot from it...it started and asked me on what partition i wanted to install XP Pro..i chsoe the new one i made 40 GIG...out of 200 GIGS...it copied the files and restarted the computer to go to the next step to install XP fully...but it wouldn't boot to and all it does is blank screen with the cursor blinking nothin happenin for hours. i think the one i made was primary set?? not sure.
it has to do nothing with BIOS i made no changes!!
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND GREATLY APPRECIATED GUYS!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-after-i-made-a-prtition-help-please-220346.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Basically the title says it all I Black Win7 Cursor Infamous Screen/Blinking have an HP Pavilion G laptop that simply won't boot up This was given to me under the premise that the HDD was most likely ready to fail I was able to image the existing drive and restore to a new Infamous Win7 Black Screen/Blinking Cursor fully function HDD Only as indicated the system will not boot I suspect this machine had a few infections at one time or another based on all the anti-malware directories I can see in the root directory This is issue is almost identical to another user's post in this thread Obviously each scenario is unique so the steps listed there won't necessarily apply to my situation WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR - Cannot boot in any other mode since system will not proceed passed a flashing cursor i e safe mode safe mode w networking etc - Created Win boot disk no install disk provided since PC has recovery partition Also with boot disk tried system repair chkdisk master boot record fix etc No luck there - BIOS is set to only boot to HDD no other devices attached except for the DVDROM empty tray - Downloaded to a flash drive Farbar Recovery Scan tool and have the results of the scan log I'd like to avoide a clean install complete recovery if possible since this isn't my own machine and I'd like to perserve the user's other installed programs and corresponding software licenses Once I can get the machine to boot I can take it from there in the way of any malware that may exist on the machine Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Infamous Win7 Black Screen/Blinking Cursor

Greetings and to BleepingComputer,
My name is xXToffeeXx, but feel free to call me Toffee if it is easier for you. I will be helping you with your malware problems.

A few points to cover before we start:
Do not run any tools without being instructed to as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Please follow the topic by clicking on the "Follow this topic" button, and make sure a tick is in the "receive notifications" and is set to "Instantly". Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the "Reply to this topic" button.
Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
I will attempt to reply as soon as possible, and normally within 24 hours of your reply. If this is not possible or I have a delay then I will let you know.
I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. If you need more time than this please let me know.
Lets get going now
==========================

Hi knight1fox3,

Please copy and paste the FRST log you created into your next reply.

--------------

To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:
FRST log
xXToffeeXx~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531980/infamous-win7-black-screenblinking-cursor/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi This is my first time posting here I ve noticed that many people appear to have had the same problem but when screen blinking Windows cursor load Black won't I read the responses I can t seem to find one that fits mine in particular perhaps I just don t understand how to implement them When I hit the startup button I get the IBM thinkpad logo and quot to interrupt normal startup press the blue access IBM button quot and then the screen goes black with a blinking cursor on the top left hand corner and Windows won t load Out of frustration I tried re-arranging the boot priority order and network boot priority order but returned them to the default settings because I m not technically proficient I also tried following the Black screen blinking cursor Windows won't load instructions for getting into safe mode from the microsoft site but hitting F doesn t work This problem may be virus related because I got an avast warning yesterday that it detected a windows malware and moved it to the chest I declined the option to restart at the time - I was working on some stuff - later I inadvertantly put it on standby without scheduling a boot scan on startup Anyway next time I tried to boot up I started having this problem I did have the windows security virus two weeks ago and managed to remove it but I don t know if this is related My laptop s a Thinkpad T Type with Windows XP professional no disc it was loaded for me - I have the product key Appreciate any assistance in resolving this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 107.5%

Hello, members of TechSpot this is my first post rather a urgent first post. (I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.)
- My dell Model : Inspiron Model P07F.

My Stated Problem : My computer was getting really slow so, I decided to restore my computer to it's factory state. As I did that I got too impatient and shut the computer off right at 30% while I regret it after I attempt to turn on the computer. I get the dell logo with F2 and F12 at the bottom of the screen (No Problem at all) but, at I get into further I only get a blinking underscore/cursor. And it seems like forever and I keep restarting and the same problems keep going on and on. Can someone please help me?

A:Blank/black screen with blinking cursor/underscore!

The same thing happened to my laptop not too long ago.

Did you by any chance create a system repair disc? I would try that. If you do not have a repair disk, then you can use your Windows installation disc to restore your system. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have either one of these.

If you do not have either, you can try creating a new account. But this should only be a last ditch effort, in my opinion. I still prefer repairing with the disk.

Shut down your laptop. Reboot until you get to the Dell logo where its says "Press F2..." Once there, press Ctrl + F11 simultaneously, and then release both at the same time. This should prompt a Restore Options screen. Follow the directions and wait for the loading bar to finish. You should be able to create a new account after that.

Please note that I'm not certain the second option will work, but a friend has told me it did for his Dell. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-underscore.181383/
Relevancy 107.5%

My Computer Specs:

Dell Inspiron 6000
Windows XP, service pack 3
160GB HD

Hello!

This morning I tried to boot up my laptop: it showed the initial BIOS screen, the progress bar filled, then it went to a black screen with a white blinking cursor in the upper left corner.

I waited several hours to see if anything would happen, nothing.

The green lights above the keyboar (such as Numlock, capslock) are lit up. I checked the battery pack and it is full. Last night the laptop was working just fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A:windows won't boot - black screen w/ blinking cursor

Try pressing F8 during bootup to get to the boot menu and try booting into Safe Mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-boot-black-screen-w-blinking-cursor-415417.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello AMD Phenom x Quad Core Processor Gb System Memory Gb Hard Drive ATI Raedon HD Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP Mother Board - M N -LA My Problem Computer starts up passes that Functions Keys screen and goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor I cannot do the F thing to enter Safe Mode and non of the quot F buttons Fll or F whatever quot will give me the option to Blinking Black Safe screen, Cursor, Mode no use the Restore Points feature I have tried resetting BIOS and CMOS by moving jumper pins around on the motherboard even removed the motherboard battery and replaced it following other internet articles about my motherboard and how to do it all did nothing I have a CD called quot Ultimate Boot-up CD quot and it will Run this is the CD that got me in trouble and in this situation ONLY because i was messing around with features that I was ignorant about If it matters this Ultimate Boot-up CD also has a program on it called quot Partedmagic quot it is supposed to be for partitioning or something but only through this program am I able to access the internet through Firefox I also have access to a laptop with the ability to Blinking Cursor, Black screen, no Safe Mode burn CD s not DVD if I need to create some other boot up CD to fix this Why I think This Happened Attempted to use quot Ultimate Boot-up CD quot to retrieve photographs from a Ten year old Hard Drive from my very first computer Maxtor Gb My new computer currently mr blinking cursor black screen has connections for IDE cables that I hooked up to the old Maxtor HD my computer recognized that the Maxtor HD was there but I was always unable to access it i tried to Initialize the HD based on other internet articles that I read nothing happened So I began to use quot Ultimate Boot-up CD quot one of the programs it has it called quot HD Clone quot This is where I got in trouble I think I ran this cloning program telling it to clone my Old Maxtor to my Newe HD as the program was running I got a hunch that this was not right and aborted the process after about seconds and apparently some data was transferred about Mb or Mb it wasn t much Nothing seemed out of place at the moment I pulled the quot Ultimate Boot-up CD quot out to the computer and powered down when I powered up again no boot-up cd in computer everything went from the Functions Keys screen to the currently Black Screen with Blinking Cursor Also sometimes the blinking cursor screen says quot Disk Boot Failure quot At the moment I do have Recovery CD s that I purchased from the manufacturer but they will be a last resort since the only option they give me is to reformat my computer and lose all my data If anyone can help me recover my computer without any data loss I would appreciate it if I need to download another boot-up repair CD I will and please suggest one for me nbsp

A:Blinking Cursor, Black screen, no Safe Mode

Have you removed the Maxtor 40GB drive from the system? If not, give this a shot and see what happens for starters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blinking-cursor-black-screen-no-safe-mode.1056313/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello crew Here is my problem after few BSOD my computer cannot boot I directly end with black cursor screen blanc blinking Window 7 up Window 7 black blanc screen with blinking cursor to Window 7 black blanc screen with blinking cursor black blank screen with blinking cursor I cannot boot with F solution By pressing TAB on start i se that after HDD check there is not even a memory simple check anymore With installation disk even with no restore solution at all i have been able to reach command prompt and runned FRST thanks to a previous topic here is the result Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-BM DIU on - - Running from f Platform WIN Service Pack X OS Language English United States Boot Mode RecoveryATTENTION Could not load system hive Attention System hive is missing Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved ATTENTION Software hive is missing Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately NetSvcs Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately One Month Created files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved One Month Modified files and folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved Known DLLs Whitelisted Bamital amp volsnap Check There is no automatic fix for files that do not pass verification C Windows System winlogon exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System wininit exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows SysWOW wininit exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows explorer exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows SysWOW explorer exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System svchost exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows SysWOW svchost exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System services exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System User dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows SysWOW User dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System userinit exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows SysWOW userinit exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System rpcss dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System Drivers volsnap sys IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows system codeintegrity Bootcat cache IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System winsrv dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION Restore Points Memory info Percentage of memory in use Total physical RAM MBAvailable physical RAM MBTotal Pagefile MBAvailable Pagefile MBTotal Virtual MBAvailable Virtual MB Drives Drive d ReSaves Aomei Fixed Total GB Free GB NTFSDrive e GRMCULXFRER EN DVD CDROM Total GB Free GB UDFDrive f DUB Removable Total GB Free GB FATDrive x Boot Fixed Total GB Free GB NTFSDrive y Saves Fixed Total GB Free GB NTFS MBR amp Partition Table Disk Size GB Disk ID C F Partition GPT Partition Type Disk Size GB Disk ID A B DAC Partition Not Active - Size GB - Type NTFS Disk Size GB Disk ID CB Partition Active - Size GB - Type End of log Look like everything is missing and screwed up what can i do thank you gorimaa

A:Window 7 black blanc screen with blinking cursor

Hello Crew,

Look like i had just a not good connected sata cable, let me rescan again

cheers

Ok i finally be able to boot, but still weird things happeen, i am checking my ram now, here is the reports of FRST64, could you tell me if anymalware or problem is identified?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577451/window-7-black-blanc-screen-with-blinking-cursor/
Relevancy 107.5%

Ok, so I was plagued with some BSOD issues and was able to remove viruses/malware causing it. However, when running a TDSS File System scan, it found a medium risk TDSS File System Physical Drive Device harddisk0 dr0. Instead of skipping, I accidentally chose to delete it. On restart, I now cannot access windows. I am getting just a black screen with a blinking cursor. I am completely lost as to what I do next. Please help!!!

A:Black Screen with blinking cursor, can't access windows

Welcome to Seven Forums ifori000. I understand your dilema. What TDSS software were you using?

Here is a start for you. Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot Let us know if you have any questions along the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236783-black-screen-blinking-cursor-cant-access-windows.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have quite a big problem.
So any help is welcome and appreciated.

My Satellite Pro A200 goes black after the BIOS screen and a black screen with a blinking cursor.
Also just before the screen goes black a bleep can be heard which shows windows is booting.

I can access the toshiba set-up screen but not the safety mode set-up.

Kind Regards

A:Satellite Pro A200 - black screen with a blinking cursor

Hi

Please go to BIOS settings and check if the HDD is listed there.
The blinking cursor is a typical sign of HDD malfunction.
Possibly the HDD is dead and you need to replace this and to install the OS again.

Good luck

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63136-Satellite-Pro-A200-black-screen-with-a-blinking-cursor
Relevancy 107.5%

I have a Dell XPS desktop running Windows Home Premium -bit Last night cursor screen Black blinking with Windows load. won't 7 I was checking Hotmail and then I left the computer for about an hour Upon returning all I saw was a Windows 7 won't load. Black screen with blinking cursor black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner I Windows 7 won't load. Black screen with blinking cursor have no idea what happened while I was gone nor the sequence of events that occurred resulting in this black screen I have tried restarting the computer but I keep ending up with the black screen cursor Here s the sequence of events I experience when attempting to restart Press power button After a few seconds I see a circular Dell logo A blue status bar at bottom advances fully from left to right Also on this screen are instructions in the lower right for F Setup and F Boot Options Finally it ends up on a black screen with the blinking cursor in upper left corner Sometimes before the blinking cursor appears it will say keyboard failure but often times it doesn t say anything at all and just goes straight to the cursor I have tried both the F and F commands but honestly I have no idea what I m looking at nor what to do once I get into those options In the F command I did get into a Diagnostics screen It ran an extensive check called Dell ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment Service Tag GLQ FP which took several hours I let it run overnight It appeared to run a check on a list of Devices System Cables OS Booth Path CDROM Hard Drive Video Card CPU Fan Rear Fan Multi-processor Cache and Memory but it says no problems were found Also I m not sure if this is helpful information or not but a few years ago my friend installed a second hard drive in this machine If I recall correctly he set up the new hard drive as a slave drive and the original as the boot drive I think he set it up so I would save all my files and documents to the new slave drive while the original boot drive is used only to house the OS and all the system files etc So at this point I m desperately seeking help from the experts here I would greatly appreciate some assistance Thank you in advance Eric

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-wont-load-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-1067610.html
Relevancy 107.5%

My computer didn't seem to have shut down completely Although my memory is fuzzy about exactly what happened I seem to recall that I came back to it noted that it hadn't shut down completely as exptected I had intended on shutting it down using windows shut down in Windows and this is where I don't remember either directed it to shut down or to start I've seen some similar forums elsewhere Some suggest a virus and others a corrupted file Also I ran a test many months ago that reported a graphics bios error so I upgraded the NVDIA bios at that time Here is what is going on While the computer hangs I see a black screen with a blinking white cursor in the upper left Typing anything doesn't seem to have any effect including ctl-alt-del alt-tab the windows key and all function keys The one thing that does have an effect is tapping the computer's power button once After about seconds it shuts down with nothing more appearing on the screen as it shuts down When I hit the power button again I see the f setup f boot menu options then resuming windows then the black screen with the blinking cursor Hitting F on booting resuming takes me to the CMOS black white Goes screen Can't cursor boot: on Blinking to Setup Utility screen I tried changing the boot configuration to prioritize the DVD where I put a Can't boot: Goes to Blinking white cursor on black screen Windows recovery CD but Can't boot: Goes to Blinking white cursor on black screen the CD is never spun up before Can't boot: Goes to Blinking white cursor on black screen or after this step Exiting this screen takes me back to resuming windows and then the blinking white cursor If instead I hit F repeatedly when I power on and boot resume the computer's internal speaker clicks beeps with each time I hit F after the first dozen or two dozen keystrokes and then ceases to beep as the resuming windows screen comes up and then goes to the blinking white cursor I saw elsewhere on this forum http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -frozen-black-screen-with-white-blinking-cursor someone with a similar issue but with a different computer behavior so that doesn't seem to apply to me Can anybody help me out

A:Can't boot: Goes to Blinking white cursor on black screen

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding. That sounds really awful - hopefully we are able to get a foot in the door here.  Scan with FRST (Recovery Environment)To run FRST on Vista and Windows7:For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options: Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window:type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545141/cant-boot-goes-to-blinking-white-cursor-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi,

I have a toshiba L300D-202 laptop with windows vista home premium SP1. Everything was fine, except I was having trouble backing up some data and was advised to run CHKDSK to fix any possible hard disc problems.

I ran CHKDSK but it tooks about 5-6 hours. Then after it had finished, it just stalled, so I left it for a while. I gave up in the end and cut the power. Now whenever I switch the laptop on I get the initial toshiba screen, but then Vista won't boot and just get a non responsive black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner.

I tried using the recovery disc. That shows a white bar loading windows files (from the cd), then the short green bar loading windows, but then goes to a totally black screen that doesn't respond at all.

I'm totally stuck! Any help or ideas for this one?

Thanks.

A:Vista Won't Boot At All (black screen blinking cursor) Any Help?

I wonder about your hard drive.
Try these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-at-all-black-screen-blinking-cursor-any-help-500536.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi My niece dropped off her Dell Latitude D yesterday Of course she can think of nothing that happened - it just doesn t work But now it won t boot past - to boot with fails cursor XP screen black blinking the Dell splash After the splash it goes right into a blank screen with a blinking cursor No response either You can type and nothing happens After XP fails to boot - black screen with blinking cursor a handful of keys it will start to beep with additional keystrokes I does not seem to spin up to the point where i can go into the windows safe mode Okay - so I have done some searching and tried a bunch of things Using an XP Home Edition install disk I have got to the repair console But this repair console is strictly a C prompt So I did a chkdsk r That completed - but no luck Then gleaning from the MS page here http support microsoft com kbid I tried deleting my boot ini file backed it up first though and then did a BOOTCFG Rebuild Following the directions from here http tech icrontic com articles repair windows xp I got no errors or anything - but still no go Then I deleted her HIBERFIL SYS file thinking that maybe it was trying to restore a corrupted image Still nothing Just boots to a blinking cursor I pulled the HD and plugged in a USB bridge and plugged it into my rig and ran a virus scan It found a handful of junk I had AVAST delete all it found Also - I booted a linux live boot cd and got the pc on the internet etc to rule out flaky motherboard video card or faulty memory Last other note I can think of - I have a Windows XP Home Edition install CD I think the Windows installed on her machine is XP Pro Would that screw up any of my troubleshooting steps I can t think of how - but I am at the quot pulling the hair out quot stage in this one Thanks in advance for your help Uncle Frank nbsp

A:XP fails to boot - black screen with blinking cursor

http://support.dell.com/support/DPP/Index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=Latitude D810

may find info here
reseat memory chips

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-fails-to-boot-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1003631/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello everyone,
I would like to ask for your help, recently I installed Windows 7 on my previous Windows 8.1 PC.
However, after the installation my PC just won't boot. It is stuck on white not blinking cursor and black screen as soon as i start the computer. I am not able to from any external device such as CD/DVD or USB Flash Disk. I tried reconnecting most of my Hard Drive pins a resetting BIOS through CMOS battery removal. I have no idea how Windows installation could have caused this. My guess is that the Master Boot Record is broken, but how am I supposed to repair it without booting anything?
Thanks for your help.
Have a nice day,
David.