Windows Support Forum

Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

Q: Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

Hey,

I recently removed some malware from my computer (winxp sp3) but it seems to have left something corrupted. I can no longer connect with wlan, it will hang on 'waiting for the network to be ready' this is becuase I have an invalid IP address. Reseting the winsock does not solve it. Windows diagnostics says the winsock is corrupted but after reseting.. nothing. Also windows firewall will no longer start the ics service. I attach part of the windows diagnostics log, could anyone help me with making sense of it?

Pete

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

Check that the device settings for the network interface have not been set to a fixed IP address - go to control panel > network connections > select your device > right click > properties > double click on internet protocol (TCP/IP) and set the two obtain IP and DNS values automatically.
Reboot to reset the system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-invalid-ip-address.151390/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm having issues connecting to a secure wireless network. Network key is definitely correct. I'm running Windows XP...and using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. Things are set to acquire address automatically. When I try to connect though, I get stuck on "acquiring network address"

I've never had issues connecting to any other wireless network before, and am fairly confident this is not a hardware issue.

I'm really not technical...so I don't even know where to start wrt troubleshooting...or what other info to provide here.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Trouble connecting to wireless network...can't acquire network address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network-cant-acquire-network-address.837022/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

Im working with windows xp and netgear wireless adapter n150 it says that it has successfully accessed the wifi but in the status it say that theres an invalid ip adddress then when i go to view network connections it says acquiring network address i have enabled the adapters. I dont know what else to do im on my laptop now so idk how to get the cmd screen here.HELP!

A:invalid ip address/ acquiring network address

Mr Juice ,

Yeah it looks like your WiFi router is not, acknowleding your Adapter with IP address. A good trouble shooting command is

ipconfig in the cmd prompt, (Usuually you will see starting with 192.168.x.x... or something or 172) but if you see 169.x.x.x, then tell me. I can say you have a problem

ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew see if this helps.

Thanks
Bharat Chandra Penumutchu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-ip-address-acquiring-network-address.1089248/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am using Windows in bit and have connected to web with Netgear DGN Modem Router I am trying to set Address Reservation s for items on my home network will work but the rd and main PC has a Mac address starting with unlike others that start in when trying Solved: Reservation Mac Address - Invalid Address to set I get an error saying quot Invalid Mac Address quot Internet research suggests that you should save with quot quot inlieu of quot quot and then do a backup of settings Then edit actaul backup file to set the real address back to quot quot and then restore that file to the router Well I tried that and restore says that s invalid file I then tried a backup file as a normal backup process with Solved: Address Reservation - Invalid Mac Address no edits also no address reservation for main PC and the same error appears So don t know what good a backup of settings is if that does not work Are there any suggestions or should I just forget and deal with the ever changing internal IP addresses Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I cant renew my IP Address And what shows up in the support section is

Address Type: Invalid IP Adress

IP Address: 0.0.0.0

Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0

Default Gateway:

I did not do anything to my firewall or securtiy also i have not changed my internet card

When I try to renew my IP Address in the CMD The following error happens

"An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : The DHCP client has obtained an IP address that is already in use of the network. The local interface will be disabled until the DHCP client can obtain a new address."

A:Address Type: Invalid IP Address HELP!

Repair duplicate IP address on network issue.
Turn off everything on the network, ALL the machines and any other network device like network printers and NAS drives.
Turn off the router and modem.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady data light.
Turn on the router, wait two minutes.
Turn on the network devices and computers, one at a time.

This issue is usually caused by resetting a router without resetting all the network connected devices.

Another issue that will cause duplicate IP addresses is assigning static IP addresses to devices that conflict with the router's DHCP address range. If you require static IP addressed devices on the network, they should be configured to be in the same subnet but outside the address range defined for the DHCP server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-type-invalid-ip-address-help.794789/
Relevancy 54.18%

here is my hijack logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon Invalid Address exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exec Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC Program Invalid Address Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC Program Files RDS RsiSvc exeC Program Files RDS srscandr exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exeC Program Files RDS Invalid Address ddsschednt exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Invalid Address Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus vptray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS LTMSG exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC Program Files RDS dds exeC Program Files RDS spooler exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe Brittany-main it BCC MM MailMan exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC WINDOWS system format comC PROGRA Netscape Netscape Netscp exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com bookmark home html quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default r h iw slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default r h iw slt prefs js O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - BHO Ipswitch WsftpBrowserHelper - ED -FB C- D - D - DA B - C Program Files WS FTP Pro wsbho k dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files Hewlett-Packard B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exeO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AutoTKit C hp bin AUTOTKIT EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program F... Read more

A:Invalid Address

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. First download ewido anti-spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.This is a 30 day trial of the programOnce you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"Un-Select "Only if threats were found"Close ewido anti-spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).Close ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the ewido report scan.Also post a new hijackthis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56309/invalid-address/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok comodo firewall noticed I had a LAN running address 169 ip invalid and I panicked I disabled and uninstalled them so my internet stopped working So I tried a system restore Nothing Reinstalled the OS nope Formatted the HD and did a full install Zilch When I check the network connections I get a address I tried ipconfig renew I got with the ISP and theyu walked me through checking the right boxes invalid ip address 169 in the network connections restarting the modem and they checked connectivity from invalid ip address 169 their end I tried repair and it said it couldn t because of tcp ip so I got invalid ip address 169 that to install But when I hit repair now I get a message saying that it can t repair the IP address I have sifted through Microsofts website I am using xp home edition on a gateway computer I contacted them and they were nice enough to tell me that my warrenty was up and now I have to pay them for info Which makes this the last computer I buy from them I have to trouble shoot at home then at work I search and take notes and put them on a chip to work with at home I tried to somehow get info about my computer so I could copy and paste it to here but could not figure out how Anyone have any idea what I should look at I have even got the LANs to show as connected but no traffic seems to flow And as I said the Ip remains at What can I look at next and how do I go about resolving the Ip address nbsp

A:invalid ip address 169

when you type in ipconfig what happens? You get the private 169 address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-ip-address-169.700291/
Relevancy 54.18%

ok, here is the problem im having
my internet is reseting and saying that im having a invalid ip address every 24 seconds. So basically my internet reset every 24 seconds and connect back again. It very annoying and cant play any online multilayer game.

I connecting thru 2 router, 1 up stair and 1 down stair. The up stair 1 is a net gear router and the down stair one is a linksys router.

and oh yeah the computer im using now was once connected somewhere else and i tried to connect here

Relevancy 54.18%

My family got a new router to split up our internet connections. the other 2 computers work with the internet, but mine does not.
it is saying i have an invalid IP address, but i've tried to change it and renew it but it is still not working.

can someone help please? i have no clue what is wrong or how to fix it.

i have a direction internet connection no wireless

A:invalid IP address

Is your router set up to use DHCP? What router are you using? You say you did ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew ?

Give more details and I or someone else can give a better answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-ip-address.119837/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am getting an error when trying to access the Internet

"Your machine appears to have an invalid IP address"

A:help with invalid ip address

Welcome to TSF!

Click Start | Run (or press WinKey+R), type cmd, press Enter.
Copy and paste this line into the Command Prompt, then press Enter

Code:
ipconfig /all
To paste into the Command Prompt, right click the Window, click Paste. If Quick Edit is enabled, the right click will paste immediately.
Then copy and paste the results into your next reply.
To copy from the Command Prompt
Right click the title bar
Point to Edit
Click Select All. This highlights everything
Press Enter. This copies to the clipboard.
Click in the reply window, press CTRL+V

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-invalid-ip-address-507240.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I've got a problem with my IP address on my computer. When trying to sign into Messenger, I get an "invalid IP address" error, though sometimes that goes through okay and it says my Gateway is offline. I've tried renewing the IP address in the command prompt and get an error saying something along the lines of "DHCP timed out"...I've scanned for spyware/adware in normal and safe mode with Spybot, Ad-Aware, and Ewido with nothing coming up that changes anything. If someone could help, that'd be great.

A:Invalid IP Address

First. What kind of internet connection do you have? We want all the details including the type (cable/DSL) and any devices used (modems/routers/interface cards).

Second. On the Windows command prompt run "ipconfig /all" and paste the output here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-ip-address.59244/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have problem the problem started when I was unable to boot from CD it boots but after makeing inspecting in the begining the black screen appears without any invalid address .... are mac changes I updated the BIOS of my ASROCK P V from version to From DOS AND THE UPDAE GAVE ME AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT IT WASN T SUCCESS BUT THE BIOS VERSION BECAME THEN i TRIED TO DOWNGRADE THE BIOSE TO THE REVIOUS VERSION AND ALSO mac address are invalid .... GAVE ME ANOTHER ERROR MESSAGE THEN i CLEARD THE CMOS AFTER THAT THE MAIN PROBLEM WAS FIXED AND I BOOTED mac address are invalid .... AND INSTALLED WINDWS BUT ANOTHER BROBLEM APPEARS Once I try to turn my PC on Or restart it the following message appears to me appears afer make chack on the CPU speed and the BIOS version Mac address are invalid in both APC and Flash pres F to Resume but nothing mac address are invalid .... change I cleard the CMOS and set the default settings but also this dosen t solve the problem COULD ANYBODY HELP ME OUT TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM nbsp

A:mac address are invalid ....

Have you tried reflashing it to the new version again and have you checked the manufacturers site for tech support on it.....possibly sent a note to their tech support?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mac-address-are-invalid.64465/
Relevancy 54.18%

Today i portforwarded for warcraft 3, and all of a sudden my computer cant connect. Im on a Dlink 524 wireless router. My brothers pc which hosts the wireless/has the internet originally internet works but mine doesnt. It has worked fine up until now. Please help im desperately in need! I rebooted, tried a microsoft patch and it still doesnt work! I followed a guide of portforward.com and now i cant even access the internet!

Please, please help me!

-Thanks in advance
Jake

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, got a problem with trying to connect to the internet. I basically got the BSOD and I ended up starting with a fresh winxp installation but having done this my computer refuses to connect at all. This has happened before to my computer, but got someone else to sort it, but would like to sort out myself so any help plz??
had a lil look around and dunno if this will help?ipconfig
thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

I am working on a dell m140 laptop. unable to connect to the internet due to invalid ip address. please how can i fix this

A:invalid ip address

You make sure all the hardware is connecting correctly.

You would need to describe your setup for futher advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-ip-address.778487/
Relevancy 54.18%

I get an invalid IP address error on my Windows Live Messanger. Help please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-ip-address.120519/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
For some reason my computer will not connect to the internet, I have looked at my ip address and it comes up with Address Type: Invalid Ip Adress
Subnet Mask:0.0.0.0
Please Help as I have to use my phone to access anything over the internet at the moment.
Thank You

A:Invalid Ip address

May i also add that i have tried the ipconfig/renew and it comes up with "The RPC server is unavailable" Any ideas on how to fix this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438206/invalid-ip-address/
Relevancy 54.18%

I started my computer today to find that my msn messenger won't work because i have an invalid IP address, which is wrong because it was fine yesterday. Im not good with computers, and do not know what I should do, so what should i do?

usually if you reboot the pc it rights itself

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/invalid-ip-address-437317.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I try to open a program and it keesps saying attempting to open an invalid address. tried reinstalling it and it still says it any ideas?

A:Invalid Address

The most common causes of this error message are either bad memory or malware.Download, install, and run MEMTEST to determine if you have a hardware problem.Thoroughly scan your hard drive with you resident Anti-virus, making sure it is updated, and also scan with several anti-spyware applications.You can find links to these here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.htmlRegards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56297/invalid-address/
Relevancy 54.18%

Last night I saw that my network wasn't working because of an invalid IP address Then my firewall started telling me that new networks were trying to connect to my computer and even though Invalid Address IP I wasn't using the internet the inbound and outbound data were going fast I think I have a trojan but my scans picked up nothing Please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe H Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng Invalid IP Address exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe H ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe H Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe H Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe H Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe H Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe H hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - no file O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - H Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot H Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVP quot H Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res H Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res H Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddVideo htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all with BitComet - res H Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - H Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus scieplugin dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www sony com vaiopeople O - DPF Secure Global Desktop Client - http roaming umc-usa com java ttaC-du cab O - DPF Tarantella x Fr... Read more

Hello Goldensage1 and welcome to TSF,

You have a couple infections onboard and this will take a few rounds to clean properly.

Download Combofix and save it to your desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Close any open browsers.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Run a new scan with HijackThis and save the log.

Please include the following in your next reply:

C:\ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/invalid-ip-address-145855.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i have 2 computers connected to the router trough ethernet and one works and the other one has invalid ip address i tried everything and it still dont work even replaced cards in the computer it also says limited or no connectivity

A:Invalid Ip Address

How have you got them setup exactly?

Are they connected through a hub or a switch then to the router?

Are you using DNS on the router? (Domain Name System)

We need more information so we can help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58135/invalid-ip-address/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Linksys WAP55AG access point and a Dell Latitude E4300 laptop. The laptop has wireless 1510 wireless-n wlan mini-card.

I do MAC filtering on the access point. This works well with another laptop and Blackberry and such. But when I enter the MAC address of the E4300, I get an Invalid MAC address error. The only difference I noticed between all other MAC addresses and this one is that this address starts with first number as c4. All others are 00 .
hanks.
Could that be the reason? Dell website seems to imply that the card is backward compatible with 802 G.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 53.75%

i have a problem with my Benq, everytime i burn a dvd or cd it gets about half through and says "invalid block address" anyne got any ideas why, i just keep wasting cd

please help

A:Invalid Block address

give us some more info like the burn speed what you are burning and is it a copy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-block-address.24324/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a LAN Wireless Network at home used by one PC and one laptop. Recently I went away to Paris, taking my laptop with me in order to do work whilst I was away. My hotel had free wireless internet so I connected to their network in order to get net access on my laptop. However, now that I have returned home, my laptop is having problems connecting to my home wireless network.

It says that signal strength is Excellent but the network has Limited or No Connectivity. Investigating the problem further it seems to have something to do with an Invalid IP Address. I have tried clicking Repair multiple times but it does not fix the problem. My PC still connects absolutely fine.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem? My home wireless network was operating perfectly before my trip and my laptop had no problems connecting to it.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba 1800 series laptop with WinXP Home. The NIC is installed and is an Intel 8225x-based PCI Ethernet Adapater. The light is lit up on the router recognizing the 5E cord and also the green light is on the back of the laptop at the NIC.

I have done an ipconfig/all

Host Name : Joel-Laptop1
Primary DNS Suffix:
Node Type: Mixed
IP Routing Enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet Local Adapter Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description: Intel 8225x-based PCI Ethernet Adapater
Physical Address: 00-00-39-f7-e4-92
Dhcp Enabled: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway:
DHCP Server: 255.255.255.255

I have tried manually configuring to match the router and it still does not read anything.

I also have problems with this laptop using a D-Link wireless card.

Something happened one day and it ceased connecting to the internet. If someone could work me through this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mary

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently upgraded to windows 8 and am having problems with network connectivity. Sometimes the wireless connection doesnt work(actually it doesnt work most of the times) and sometimes the broadband doesnt work. It says limited or no connectivity, invalid ip address and stuff. Kindly help me out! Thanks in advance!

A:IP address invalid in Windows 8

have you installed a windows 8 driver for the network adapter ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-invalid-in-windows-8.1093582/
Relevancy 53.75%

I've recently reconnected my HL-DT-ST DVDRAM Drive and now when i burn i keep getting an error 'invalid block address' but it does not write any data too the disk.
I was thinking about upgrading the firmware but i am not sure if its worth it
- See attachment for log file

Thanks

A:Invalid block address

Does the issue occurs if you use different type of media and speed?

Is DMA enabled
- Turn DMA on. http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

How much disk space do you have available?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-block-address.679903/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'd just logged on tonight after work, through a dial up connection, and was able to connect through windows live on the first try, only to crash shortly after and lock up. This has happened before so I just opened the task manager to end the process and try to restart it. Well, that didn't work. Task Manager wouldn't respond, and now each time I try to log onto MSN it comes up with, "Your machine has an invalid IP Address," or something to that issue. I've tried to IE work offline, and the repair feature in Troubleshooting, nothing works. I've scanned my system with AvG and Spybot, still no luck. Any ideas?

A:'Your machine has an invalid IP address'

go to command prompt type in: ipconfig /release

and/or

ipconfig /renew

see if those commands work.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274810-your-machine-has-invalid-ip-address.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hi folks just new to this Hope i havent pasted to much of this info This is doing my head in New DVD burner but using it to burn cdsis giving me problems looking block invalid address forward to some help tried different kind of disk with same issue cheers Windows IA WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created ahead WinASPI File C PROGRAM FILES AHEAD NERO Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt PHILIPS PBDV P gt invalid block address Version B - HA TA - Adapter driver lt ESDI gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC invalid block address recorder CD-ROM lt HITACHI DVD-ROM GD- gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt ESDI gt HA HITACHI DVD-ROM GD- Target D Autoinsert On DMA On Disconnect On SyncDataXfer Off PHILIPS PBDV P Target E Autoinsert On DMA On Disconnect SyncDataXfer Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NER mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NER D mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NER B A BE mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NER mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERA AE mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERAD E D C mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERBB A CD mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERC AE AE mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERD mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERE F mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NEREEF mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NERFD B DF mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NER CBD AF mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name NER BB mp Total size Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Buffer Underrun Protection activated Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running Text File Writer cpp Line Writer PHILIPS PBDV P running Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using CD-R RW media Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder PHILIPS PBDV P CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE NER mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks PHILIPS PBDV P TRM AUDIO NOPRE NER D mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks PHILIPS PBDV P TRM AUDIO NOPRE NER B A BE mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks PHILIPS PBDV P TRM AUDIO NOPRE NER mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks PHILIPS PBDV P TRM AUDIO NOPRE NERA AE mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPR... Read more

A:invalid block address

a few things: the cmc media discs you are using are pretty bad according to this:
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

update nero - it's at version 6.6 now

try burning at a lower speed
may want to figure out why you have so little free memory-

"Physical memory : 254MB (260480kB)
Free physical memory: 7MB (7324kB)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-block-address.367525/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I own an Hp Pavilion a c with Windows XP service pack with a Linksys WMP GX Wireless-G PCI Adapter Card with SRX updated drivers and all Now invalid address? IP DHCP the issue I am having is that when I attempt to connect to my home network with the correct WEP etc I get a limited or no connectivity message and cannot access the internet I ran the network diagnostics tool and discovered that my adapter was working fine the DNS server IP passed but my DHCP had an invalid IP address I honestly don t DHCP invalid IP address? know what to do I even called my ISP and they said that it was a technical problem with my computer and directed me to Linksys who want to charge me for help I also tried connecting to another network in my neighborhood successfully which proves that its not an adapter problem seeing as it works just fine though that network is unsecured Thanks for any help nbsp

A:DHCP invalid IP address?

first use a wired connection - - that will allow easy access and show that DHCP (used for both wired and wireless) can actually work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-invalid-ip-address.167833/
Relevancy 53.75%

My wireless signal IP Solved: address Invalid isn t great so I bought two Powerline Network Adaptors One is plugged in downstairs into its own electric socket and to the back of the wireless router The other I use wherever i need to It works fine on my laptop plug in the cable and I immediately have Internet access from any room and any electric socket But when I plug it into my new Solved: Invalid IP address PC Sony vgc-rt su I get a message saying the local area connection has a invalid IP Solved: Invalid IP address address I can get a wireless connection OK Solved: Invalid IP address from the Sony upstairs to the wireless router downstarirs but the signal is poor which is why I went to the powerline approach I have tried diagnose problems and resetting it I seem to around in circles but always end up at the same place invalid ip address All ideas and suggestions most welcome Here is the results of my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mark-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - F-E -D -F -AD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d a a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway fe b ee c b a DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DD-B - - - D-BA- - F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connect ion Physical Address - D-BA- - F- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ee c b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DD-B - - - D-BA- - F- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B BA C- FB - DB-B B - B FE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Invalid IP address

Viewed other threads and saw that dhcp was not enabled on LAC, so googled that, did what advice said and now LAC gets internet no probs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-invalid-ip-address.790894/
Relevancy 53.75%

IE wont display any pages Firefoxis goofy also Her is the Hijack log Pls help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT IE Redirects msg. address Invalid MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system IE Invalid address msg. Redirects nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt dellxpm b v wdm stacsv exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C CENTENN IAL AUDIT cagent exe C CENTENN IAL AUDIT xferwan exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files Verizon VSP ServicepointService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ctea com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - BHO SMTTB - FCBCCB - - B D-B -F D BEB - C Program Files HyperCam Toolbar tbcore dll O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - FADCF - C PROGRA VERIZO VERIZO DLL O - HKLM Run SysTrayApp ProgramFiles IDT WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelper O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdat... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

I just finished with my new build and I am getting an 'Invalid IP address' in the status of the network connection. When i plug the same ethernet cable into the other computer it works. What is the problem?

Relevancy 53.75%

when I go to a web site to register and they asked for an e-mail and it makes no matter what email address I use, yahoo, aol, hot mail. any it tells me that that's it invalid. I've done everything to fix this and asked and no one can tell me how to?

Thanks.

A:invalid e-mail address

many sites don't like hotmail and yahoo, few have blocked registrations from gmail though. They're just trying to weed out trash registrations on the site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/170808-invalid-e-mail-address.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I had my desk top setup in a location in my home where I networked it through a d-link wireless adaptor to my Airlink router No problem with my network connection I have now moved the pc to its 7 ip address windows invalid permanent location windows 7 invalid ip address next to the router I windows 7 invalid ip address plugged in my cat network cable and got nothing No connection to the router with this msg invalid ip address When I do and ipconfig i get the following readings Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Steve-VideoIntegrity gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Steve-VideoInte Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address -E -BA- B-A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bb b f aa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - B- C- -E -BA- B-A - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D FB- B - FA-AAC -D E FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Steve-VideoIntegrity gt Is there any info from this that can allow someone to offer a propper solution for my issue Thanks in advance for anyone's cooperation

A:windows 7 invalid ip address

Welcome to the forum iptvsteve,

You are showing no default gateway which needs to say 192.168.x.x depending on your router the xx will be different. Usually just resetting the router by holding down the reset button for 15 seconds while powered on will get your default gateway back up again.

If that doesn't work then performing a reset starting from the modem is usually the best way to get your default gateway back again. Just unplug the power from both your modem and router and wait a few minutes, you might have a reset button on your modem for this also.

Power up the modem and wait till the lights stop blinking, plug in the eithernet cable to the router then power up the router and wait till the lights are on steady, it may help to go through the set up routine for your particular router.

If you do it correctly you will see your default gateway appear again when you do an ipconfig and you should be able to get back online. You may need to restart your machine also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62155-windows-7-invalid-ip-address.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I just switched to AT amp T U-Verse for my internet and they provided me with the router and everything U-Verse IP Invalid Address AT&T with needed for wireless internet My work computer running Vista connects with no problems at all just type in the password and go My iPhone also connects with no problem once the password it typed in I tried to connect Invalid IP Address with AT&T U-Verse my PC running wirelessly and an invalid IP Address message comes up I tried connecting it to the router with an ethernet wire and the same message came up Also it says that I'm connected to an quot Unidentified Network quot I've connected my PC to many different wifi connections over the last couple of years and this is the first time I've ever had this problem I've gone from school my parents coffee shops even another house that was using AT amp T U-Verse never with any problems Neither my work laptop or my iPhone are having problems so I can only assume it's something with Windows I know there are solutions on this forum but I couldn't really understand much of them I'm not exactly computer savvy but I do know a little

A:Invalid IP Address with AT&T U-Verse

Have you contacted UVerse Support ? I have found them very helpful with TV issues, not sure about internet probs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196179-invalid-ip-address-t-u-verse.html
Relevancy 53.32%

TWC has verified that wireless is on, working and the SSID is found..  They can reset, but the connection won't hold.  Printer just keeps coming up saying invalid password.  I have been through 4 TWC techs and the one that could get me a temporary connection said HP may have new encryption technology that I have not downloaded. Printer not new but it still makes wonderful copies and I don't want to replace it..    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Password-invalid-when-connecting-to-wireless/td-p/5632814
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings all,
I've tried setting up a small three system wired network to a 4 port DSL Router with DHCP turned on, 3 systems are all WinXP Pro, all same workgroup, all different computer names, 2 of the three connect just fine, the third intermittently won't connect and comes up with Invalid IP address (even though TCP/IP is all set to automatically select) on all three.

Doesn't matter which order I bring them up on the LAN, only the one system has the issue.

Yes, the three are plugged into the LAN 1, 2, 3 ports on the 4 port Router, not the WAN side...

Any ideas??

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys,

Im connecting a router(BT home hub) using ethernet cable-but not getting an valid ip address. chked for forced ip-not forced. Any idea how to chek? i have to get something like 192.168.1.65 ...but im getting 4.0.0.3 and no default gateway...some body help

Relevancy 52.89%

I am running windows xp-pro and have enountered a problem with running a dos based program. when attempting to open the program I get the following error message "attemp to access invalid address". I have run sfc/scannow and sfc/scanonce. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

A:attemp to acess invalid address

What is the dos based program pls

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attemp-to-acess-invalid-address.961265/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm running a dos program on Win XP and all of a sudden it gives me a "Attempt to access invalid address" HELP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/attempt-to-access-invalid-address-477920.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Norton Internet Security installed. For the past few days, almost every time I log off the internet (dial-up connection) I get the following security message:

"Invalid source IP Addres attack"

Three times the IP # reported has been 0.28.84.193, and the last one was 0.58.84.193

This message is displayed at the precise time I'm disconnecting, like if it was happening simultaneously.

Am I really being attacked?? Is my Fire Wall really protecting me??

Help PLEASE!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-source-ip-address-attack.148399/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running Windows XP I have a -bit application that I use to play baseball access to invalid address Attempt games I was playing games Attempt to access invalid address on Sunday when I received a popup saying that I was infected and should run a system scan I realized this was a bogus spyware message and ignored it until I could finish my game I shut everything down and ran a comprehensive scan with Norton While I was doing that I received a message that Norton had detected a problem and removed it After I finished my scan and rebooted my computer I could no longer access my game I received a message quot attempt to access invalid address quot There are modules in the software program and I can only load one of the modules The others all give me that error message I went to the program disk to see if I could repair it with a reinstall and received the same error message when trying to run setup

A:Attempt to access invalid address

I did not get any replies to this issue but I wanted to post my resolution in case someone else needs the information. I went to the Spyware Removal tab on this website and used the instructions for removing the My Security Engine virus. I found over 1200 infections on my PC. I am now back up a running without any problems. Thank you for having my solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316042/attempt-to-access-invalid-address/
Relevancy 52.89%

Error
Sys specs

I can't open:
- Internet explorer
- .pdf, .swf and a lot of other files
- Any Microsoft Office programs

I've tried:
- Rebooting
- Resetting my internet explorer browser (note: I don't actually use this, google said it would help though)
- Full pc scan with Windows Defender

The results I've found on google (and this forum) vary specificly from person to person having problems with this error, and I don't want to change registry stuff unnecessarily.

Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

A:Attempt to access invalid address

FIXED! Solution here for people googling.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...dates-all-ie-versions?forum=ieitprocurrentver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempt-to-access-invalid-address.1147223/
Relevancy 52.89%

This has been happening for months with an installer I've been trying to run, I thought it would just go away and thought nothing of it but then I looked it up. I've not been able to find a solution. The program is called Train Dispatcher 2 and this started happening over a year ago after I kicked some trojan-scam called Malware Blocker 2009 (Or something like that.). It's gone now but neither task manager nor this installer work anymore. I used Malwarebytes Malware Scanner to destroy the nuisance, so I still have the log if you wish to see it.

A:Attempt to Access Invalid Address

For the Task Manager, go to kellys-korner and try lines 113 (left), line 51 (right) or line 275 (left).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempt-to-access-invalid-address.864564/
Relevancy 52.89%

Whenever I put a cdrom in my computer that is dosbased, and open the cd to click on the .exe file, I get an error saying "Attempt to access invalid address" Ive done some research and people say its a bad file in the system32 folder. But I have no clue. Any ideas how I can solve this?

A:attempt to access invalid address

You could try a system file check if you have an install disc or the i386 files.
SFC /scannow tutorial;
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command: or better; copy and paste,
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
*** this will take approximately 45 minutes to complete…
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)
MORE INFORMATION from Microsoft Corporation;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747

***The attachment is a more detailed tutorial zipped with 7-zip a free zip program just google for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempt-to-access-invalid-address.746027/
Relevancy 52.89%

I receive this error message each time I try to open any CD access invalid Attempt to address on my drive E Attempt to access invalid address I tried to revert to a date prior to this problem but I waited too long and no reversions are available I completely reinstalled XP also without success T K Ford Hi-Jack created registry StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from C Documents and Settings default Desktop HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Attempt to access invalid address system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Attempt to access invalid address System svchost exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe Attempt to access invalid address C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Resolution Assistant Common bin RxMon x exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS mwsvm exe C Program Files Motive motmon exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files AT amp T Worldnet Accelerator PropelAC exe C Documents and Settings default Local Settings Temp ckz d Files IEDRIVER EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Cqgqvxg Iakzvy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS rqcfh exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort SmartUI SmartUI exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings default Desktop HijackThis exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Startup C Documents and Settings default Start Menu Programs Startup PowerReg SchedulerV exe LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup SmartUI lnk Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft OfficePro Office OSA EXE -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run RxMon C Program Files Dell Resolution Assistant Common bin RxMon x exe QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime QD FastAndSafe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exe startup Propel Accelerator quot C Program Files AT amp T Worldnet Accelerator trayctl exe quot STARTUPLAUNCH POINTER C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe PaperPort PTD C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe Mwsvm C WINDOWS mwsvm exe MotiveMonitor C Program Files Motive motmon exe MMTray C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe MadExe C PROGRAM FILES DELL RESOLUTION ASSISTANT COMMON BIN LaunchRA exe -boot LoadQM loadqm exe LoadPowe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempt-to-access-invalid-address.364019/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, so I noticed someone is piggybacking my laptop's wifi connection. There's two devices of the same name connected to my network with two different MAC addresses. So, I'm trying to deny access to that specific address into the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi program, but it keeps saying that it's invalid? I'm wondering if it's a known issue, or if anyone has any ideas of what I can do. Thanks anyways!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-mac-address-in-linksys-ea2700.1110871/
Relevancy 52.89%

My wireless internet was working fine for about 3 weeks then all of a sudden it says i have limited or no connectivity on my hp laptop but my ps3 and iphone still get full connection? when i click repair it says invalid ip address and that i need to contact my network provider.... well i did that and everything with them was fine then i contacted my wireless router provider and that was fine.... so i am at a loss i went into ctrl panel and went to network connections and its an automatic IP address ... how do i get my internet working again ?

A:Invalid IP Address- limited or no connectivity

You probably should have asked this problem in the Storage and Networking forum. You might try checking out my reply to a similar problem under the following post: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic134190.html. I hope this is helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-ip-address-limited-or-no-connectivity.133926/
Relevancy 52.89%

I ve searched invalid ip s and to be honest I really don t understand what half IP. address, connects Acquiring never but Invalid the threads are saying to do Or what is even really being said WEP security WPA what I feel a little stupid Well I m using a wireless network card I think that s what it s called Bought it and opened up the computer and stuck it in one of the PCI Invalid IP. Acquiring address, but never connects things It s installed and the program I use to configure stuff is Airlink Cardbus amp PCI Wireless Configuration Utility The wireless network i connect to is dlink and I was using it fine a while ago Then my dad changed the security key password something that you type in for access I Invalid IP. Acquiring address, but never connects entered in the new one and it doesn t work anymore I ve kept hitting the Renew IP button on the Airlink Invalid IP. Acquiring address, but never connects utility but it doesn t want to connect for me it just keeps going acquiring and goes on forever at least i get impatient after a good ten minutes and disable it The rightclickonwirelessconnection - gt repair also takes forever and never works So did the rightclickonwirelessconnection- gt properties and it said Invalid IP and I ve no idea how to fix that or why it did that It s am and I m kind of headdesking cause i have homework that i haven t started on I m on my mom s computer typing this up right now If there s anything else or more specifics that I could give I d be happy to I am pretty computer illiterate when it comes to the engineering hardware THE ACTUAL COMPUTER PART but I m not completely stupid I think anyways Any help at all would be awesome and I d love you forever I ll give you cookies gt nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

not true AMI motherboard
AMIBIOS(C)2005 American Megatrends,Inc.
K8NF4G-SATA2 BIOS P1.70
CPU:AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+ (64bit supported)
Speed: 2.00GHz
63-162-0000010-00101111-031506-nVidia-K8N62162-Y2KC

Y WANT RESET CMOS O SOMFING ELSE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mac-address-are-invalid-in-both-cmos-and-flash-437392.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm setting up a new computer and having problems getting on the internet. The connection worked at first but was very slow. I changed Ethernet cables to see if that was the problem and now have nothing.

The error that I am getting is:

"Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP Configuration

I also have Norton Internet Security running which could be part of the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Unidentified network - invalid ip address

Have you tried disabling norton?

Worth a shot.

If that doesnt work go to network and sharing centre.
On the left you'll see an option "Change Adaptor Settings"
Right click on your adaptor and click properties.
Left click on the IPV4 (Internet Protocol Version 4)
Then click on properties.
If it is not already set,then change it too Obtain IP Address and DNS automaticly.

If that doesnt work open Command Promt (Windows key+R)
Type CMD>Enter
Type IPCONFIG/ALL>Enter
Then copy it here

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49758-unidentified-network-invalid-ip-address.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A few days ago my laptops wireless network card was working totally fine. I had reformated my laptop. It is still running Windows XP Home Edition. My network card will connect to my wireless router but then it will fail to get the IP address. I have tried to release and renew it and that didnt work. It just gives me a 169 IP address which is just a microsoft IP. I also tried to reinstall the drivers for the wireless network card and that didnt work either. Please Help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-ip-address-on-wireless-network-card.723612/
Relevancy 52.46%

Well I went out and bought a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter I came home put the CD in to install it and it worked However when I enabled it to connect it sits and starts to aquire the network adress then stops starts stop starts and so on I was looking at some posts on this site and tried rebooting my routers and modems and doing ipconfig release ipconfig renew My setup right now is the folowing ISP - gt Cable Modem Cable Modem - gt Belkin N Wirless Router specs below Belkin N Wirless Router - gt Time Capsule- TB Time Capsule- TB - gt Tower PC I m on now wired in with wireless adapter connected Belkin Router spec Version Info Firmware Version F D - WW Boot Version v Hardware F D - v Serial No R I ran an ipconfig release and got Windows IP Configuration IP Address for adapter Wireless Network Connection has already been released Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ran an ipconfig renew and got Windows IP Configuration IP Address for adapter Wireless Network Connection has already been released Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway And of course ran an ipconfig all and got page. in status Address IP conection Invalid this Windows Invalid IP Address in conection status page. IP Configuration IP Address for adapter Wireless Network Connection has already been released Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Please help really would like to get this working to put my computer in my room Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi IP address - Multiple laptops Solved: Invalid I m having an intermittent Solved: Invalid IP address - Multiple laptops problem with my wireless network I m posting because I haven t seen many cases of limited to no connectivity with Solved: Invalid IP address - Multiple laptops multiple computers Both my roommate and I are having limited to no connectivity intermittently Both computers can be connected through the LAN and comcast said that there was nothing wrong with the modem - for all the help that gives I had set up the wireless from my computer and had recently upgraded to Windows maybe weeks ago and the other computer is still on xp I tried to reconfigure the wireless through my computer and then through hers with the same results When I tried to do the auto windows troubleshooting it said that the problem it found was an invalid IP address When my roommate tried to repair and reconfigure the IP address separately she was unable to do so I guess my inane question of the day is where is the IP address renewed initially the computer the modem And now for information that i ve seen people ask for ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tamara gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tamara-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b ee Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Sunday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -B - -E -B -AD- -FA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -E -B -AD- -FA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D FB -D C - E - C- BE E C DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CB E FDA-F - FEE-A D- CB C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Tamara gt Also I m on a gateway mx ish The router is a motorolla SURFboard Cable Modem The wireless router is a Barricade N Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

A:Solved: Invalid IP address - Multiple laptops

this ipconfig /all - looks OK from the router ?

can you post back a screen image of xirrus - see below - lets see what the wireless landscape looks like
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-invalid-ip-address-multiple-laptops.962193/
Relevancy 52.46%

When connecting via an ethernet cable to a parent's modem, my laptop claims that Local Area Connection is unable to connect due to an invalid IP address.
I've looked at many forums, but no single solution seems present and no one shares the same specs or IP config results with me.

Specs:
Laptop: Samsung Q430
CPU: Intel Core i5 M 450 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4GB
Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce 310M
Hard Drives: 500 GB hard drive capacity, partitioned into C: and D and a recovery partition.

IP config:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : domain.actdsltmp

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

C:\Users\Owner>

Any idea what's going wrong/any suggestions?

A:Local Area Connection: Invalid IP Address

Did you run the ip config command with the ethernet cable connected between the computer and the modem? If yes, its possible the cable is bad or your wired NIC has gone south. Check with a different cable or check this same cable on a different computer. If the cable turns out good, there may be a problem with the NIC.

On the software side, you can try a few things. Disable the wired NIC, then reenable.

Enable or disable a network adapter

Check that you have the latest LAN drivers installed.

Try resetting TCP/IP.

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174647-local-area-connection-invalid-ip-address.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello. I have been using Windows 7 for about a month now and two days ago i started to have network problems.

I cannot connect to the internet or my network and keep getting messages saying that the network cable is unplugged when it is not. After a while i was able to get a different message and the computer connects to an unidentified network and when i troubleshoot this it tells me i have an invalid IP address.

I know the problem has got nothing to do with the hardware or my internet. I have tried 2 other router's & another modem with different ethenet cables with no luck but my network/internet is working fine on my laptop which is also Windows 7.

A:Unidentified Public Network & Invalid IP Address

What about switching out the NIC on the PC? Have you tried that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23028-unidentified-public-network-invalid-ip-address.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a really mind-boggling issue here.. i can connect to the internet if i use an ethernet cable. desktop is okay, but when i try to connect the wireless, i cannot connect. i have DELL inspiron 2200, winXP pro, a DELL wireless card and the laptop has a wireless card too. this card has been used to connect to the internet wirelessly before using a linksys. now my ISP sent me a new modem/router i get APIPA. alternately connect wireless using the built-in andthe card. both got invalid IP address. wireless switch is on, wireless zero config was started and restarted too. DELL wireless utility gives out the same result. how will i know if the modem is not giving out the IP? or its the card that is defective? it says connected on the wireless connection though, but 169... IP.. please help me.. anyone??

Relevancy 52.46%

Before I explain the problem thank you to anyone willing adapter address Powerline invalid IP problem to help me sort out this mess I have been at it for hours and have come up with nothing About Powerline adapter invalid IP address problem years ago I purchased the Linksys PLK Powerline Adapters to give internet access to an Xbox and PC in a room where wireless connection was slightly cold They worked exceptionally up until just last week I was surfing the web when I noticed that the Powerline adapter invalid IP address problem internet went down and it has been down ever since The adapters are properly plugged in it appears as if nothing is wrong with them- LEDs still flashing and the Xbox and Computer recognize their presence but they won t connect to the web The router still sends out a wireless signal strong as ever I have tried restarting both modem and router I have checked to see if the MAC addresses are conflicting I have made sure that there is no security to mess it up and I have also made sure that any IP address can access my network I have done just about everything I can think of to make this work Before anyone delays their ideas waiting for an IPCONFIG ALL post from me I have already made sure DHCP and Auto Configuration are enabled and I have no idea what ipconfig renew and ipconfig release or whatever it was do but I did that too The computer from the offline room gives me an IP address of indicating no connection to DHCP not totally sure about the DHCP but it definitely means no connection I have both adapters plugged straight into wall sockets not on the same socket as the modem router and am getting frustrated without the internet in this room so if you have any idea what could possibly be the problem I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:Powerline adapter invalid IP address problem

The computer from the offline room gives me an IP address of 169.254, indicating no connection to DHCP (not totally sure about the DHCP but it definitely means no connection.)Click to expand...

Yes that's the issue; that address will not exit your LAN and it is the DHCP failure that generated this address.

Verify that both ends of the Powerline Adapter work locally.
the Master is already attached to your router, so bring the remote device into the same room and plug it into a wall outlet there. Now test - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powerline-adapter-invalid-ip-address-problem.160879/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I am an absolute extreme beginner in trying to install my own website for my small business using my home computer as my server for now etc Took me days to understand what I was ip disconnected, ip Address, ethernet invalid 169 media supposed to install 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip where and confusion arose many a time with all the ins and outs I managed to get asfar as installing FileZilla etc and here I got completely stuck It didnt want to connect to my 'server' After reading forums and such for hours on end I am even more confused than ever before as to exactly why and what 'fix' will assist me I have tried numerous things such as the netsh commands given in forums Nothing seems to be working Here is what I gathered when I go ipconfig - i have a ip address in my IPV line My ethernet states I have an invalid ip address I do have a driver from Intel installed though Default Gateway has NOTHING next to it Obviously I can still connect to the internet It seems others cant connect to my computer I have disabled the Windows Firewall allowed FileZilla to have access I am clearly not in the same class as the clever people and am sceptical about writing on a forum as I have noticed that people can be quite sarcastic in their replies I am using Windows Pro with a USB modem router Can someone at least point me in the right direction in 'normal' language I have read so many answers and did so many searches its like a snowball effect Thank you in advance Have mercy - Im old too

A:169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

Excuse me for this, but you really need to stop and think about what you are doing. It is a really bad idea. You are exposing your computer to the brunt of the Internet. You do not have the right set up or the right knowledge to run a PUBLIC web server from your home. You are just asking for trouble doing this.

What you should be doing is going to a reputable web host. Heck you can go to Windows Azure, they off a free web app server that is just perfect for starting out. It is safer and more robust then trying to host it yourself.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44840-169-ip-address-media-disconnected-invalid-ethernet-ip.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I was confronted today with this nasty message while trying to access a program I have been using regularly attempt to access invalid address I'm not sure what this means or why it has suddenly started I am generally very good about keeping my computer clean but have been forced in the last week - invalid address possible to access infection attempt to do an extensive amount of surfing perhaps I picked up a nasty along the way I have followed all of your instructions and am attaching the following files for your review dds txt attach txt ark txt hijackthis scan Thanks for any help Jack DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Laughing Lemon at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated C BB C-B ED- F -A C- BB AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD possible infection - attempt to access invalid address BA FAD FW BitDefender Firewall enabled F- possible infection - attempt to access invalid address E - A -A - D B F FW disabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C DOCUME LAUGHI LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Calendar Sync GoogleCalendarSync exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system AstSrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Laughing Lemon Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www netvibes com Home uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier... Read more

A:possible infection - attempt to access invalid address

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252077/possible-infection-attempt-to-access-invalid-address/
Relevancy 52.46%

Have tried to connect and sometimes it does but not for very long then it loses connection and then tells me this machine appears to ahve an invalid ip address, i am running a t-mobile dongle, hellllllllp please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-messenger-invalid-ip-address.151411/
Relevancy 52.46%

My laptop running Windows 7 has been fine until this holiday, connected to a hotel wifi that "trapped" the broswer and requested a login and password. That worked fine, but now I cannot access any other wifi networks.

It sits for a while after entering the code and then has limited access, running the troubleshooter it says that I have no valid IP address?

Tried IPCONFIG /RELEASE and it is saying "No operation can be performed on Local Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected"

What am I am doing wong?

Cheers
Jim

Relevancy 52.46%

I have windows on a laptop and i m getting invalid address when I open IE I believe its a virus Here is the hijack this log Any help Invalid Internet Windows Explorer 7 Address. is appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Internet Explorer Invalid Address. Windows 7 Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Invalid Address. Windows 7 x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C Program Files x LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files x HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dll R - URLSearchHook Softonic-Eng Toolbar - b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - C Program Files x Softonic-Eng tbSof dll R - URLSearchHook ooVoo Video Chat Toolbar - e a e f- d d- - f-fbd a ab - C Program Files x ooVoo Chat tbooV dll R - URLSearchHook X th Prestige Toolbar - d b c a-d d- c - e - f d f - C Program Files x X th Prestige tbX dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Softonic-Eng Toolbar - b d d- a - e d-b b - dd d bb - C Program Files x Softonic-Eng tbSof dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO X th Prestige Toolbar - d b c a-d d- c - e - f d f - C Program Files x X th Prestige tbX dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO HelloWorldBHO - ABD B E -B - B-A - DAB D - C Program Files x Common Files Homepage Protection HomepageProtection dll O - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO ooVoo Video Chat Toolbar - e a e f- d d- - f-fbd a ab - C Program Files x ooVoo Chat tbooV dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Invalid Address. Windows 7

Also, I ran the TDSS Killer and it found nothing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-invalid-address-windows-7.944763/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been Log Fails Invalid - DVDR Included Address Block looking all over to see what the problem is My burner was working fine for months and all of the sudden it just goes DVDR Fails - Invalid Block Address Log Included on the fritz I DVDR Fails - Invalid Block Address Log Included have tried multiple dvds and multiple versions of Nero each time using the nero reg sys clean tool to prevent mixups every burn gives the same failing result I have tried all speeds of burning except x Any help would be appreciated The log is as follows from Nero Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Recorder lt PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB DVDR Fails - Invalid Block Address Log Included Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JB- ETA atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD JB- GVA atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled UDF ISO compilation PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line UDF document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode DAO Mode UDF Mode UDF ISO bridge UDF Options automatic UDF Revision UDF Partition Type physical ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet FALSE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer E PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- running PM ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID PRODISC Media Type ID R Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks E PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder E PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME PM Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTIDismountVolume - completed successfully for FSCTL DISMOUNT VOLUME PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed ... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
Using Windows xp.
I began having a problem with a box popping up saying that my computer was being observed or something like that and at the bottom it would list an ip address. Then the next morning pop-ups for Windows protection system were everywhere. I have had some problems in the past so i quickly tried to download a free scanner. Once the scanner set-up downloads, when double clicked, there is an error message saying "attempt to access invalid address".
I right clicked and tried to run as an administrator this avoids the error message but the program crashes. This also happens when trying online scans. I cannot access any items in the control panel (same error message). I have downloaded dds and gmer and gotten a log.
oh and search engines like google keep redirecting :/ please help.

A:deskp icons invalid address and aloot more problems

Please post the DDS and GMER logs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/deskp-icons-invalid-address-and-aloot-more-problems-412360.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I am running windows through VMware Fusion on my mac Everything was working perfectly fine until the other day when I tried to start up my virtual machine I got this error quot Your password has expired and must be changed quot After clicking OK I am taken to a screen to change the password which I do but then I get this error quot The network address is invalid quot Clicking OK takes me back to the change password screen and the cycle repeats until I want to throw something I don t know if the problem lies within expired.../ invalid The address is Solved: password Your has network Windows or if it is with VMware I have Solved: Your password has expired.../ The network address is invalid tried every network setting in VMware and I still get the same errors I have always been a mac user so I might be missing something really obvious in Windows Also when I start in Safe Mode - without networking Solved: Your password has expired.../ The network address is invalid instead of getting the quot network address is invalid quot error I get quot An attempt was made to logon but the network logon service was not started quot Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Your password has expired.../ The network address is invalid

... the network logon service was not started.Click to expand...

That sounds vaguely like the strange, but not fatal, error message my daughter used to get on Windows 98SE when booting it.

I suppose it refers to the Netlogon service, whose description reads:

"Maintains a secure channel between this computer and the domain controller for authenticating users and services. If this service is stopped, the computer may not authenticate users and services and the domain controller cannot register DNS records."

Sounds like the Windows 7 thinks it's a member of a domain. Do you have it set up that way?

I don't know Mac, VMware or domains, so this will likely be my only attempt to help on this. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-your-password-has-expired-the-network-address-is-invalid.905678/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just bought an External DVD\CD Samsung burner for use with my lap top ..
I'm using Windows XP and Service Pk 2. Currently I'm thinking of going into production of Drink Coasters as I have yet to successfully burn a back up of My Files .. 2 minutes into burning with Nero 6 ver. 6.3.1.18 Express I get the Failure to Burn notice with Invalid Block Address ..
What does this mean and how can I rectify it ? I've tried burning at a reduced speed but the same thing happens ..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nero-6-failure-to-write-invalid-block-address.351975/
Relevancy 51.17%

Solved Windows Live- Invalid IP address Error code Hello I m having an issue with Windows Live Messenger I m on a new PC literally delivered today with Windows vista I go Invalid Windows Live- code IP address + Error 81000306 about the normal thing to do when one gets Windows Live- Invalid IP address + Error code 81000306 a new computer install the programs that were on the old one Windows Live- Invalid IP address + Error code 81000306 WLM was working fine when I initially installed it but after a reboot it wouldn t connect regardless of what I did The reboot also took a large amount of time showing just the colour of my desktop no icons or the wallpaper or even the task bar for a good minutes I ve restarted twice since then When I try to connect I get the following issue Error code Your machine appears to have an Invalid IP address I ve attempted to reset my IP adress usingipconfig release And ipconfig renew and gotten quot No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has media disconnected quot both connected and disconnected to the net I ve also tried to follow the Start run regsvr softpub dll regsvr wintrust dll The module Wintrust dll was loaded but the call to Dll Register Server failed with error code x For more information about this problem search online using the error code as a search term regsvr initpki dll The module quot initpki dll quot failed to load Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant DLL files The specified module could not be found regsvr MSXML dll The module MSXML dll was loaded but the call to Dll Register Server failed with error code x For more information about this problem search online using the error code as a search term meathod and only been able to get anything out of the first option aside from errors I have also emptied the cache and reset the settings to the defaults on IE I have also disabled my fire wall and gotten all the same results I ve near driven myself up a wall trying to fix this issue and I m plum lost on what to do I ve placed this in software as this is the only program that s shown any true affliction thus far If it s not the appropriate board then please point me to the correct one I can t connect to Live via web messenger or Trillian either Aim and Yahoo on Trillian are working perfectly well though as is pretty much everything else Thread Tools Search this Thread nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-invalid-ip-address-error-code-81000306.947717/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey Everyone,

I've been an IT student for a while now and there's this one problem neither me, or any professor at my institute can solve.
School's provided me with 5 free licenses for the entire microsoft office pack and I tried installing it recently. But whenever I start up Excel, Word, OneNote or anything part of the office pack it displays the error message: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office\EXCEL.EXE        Attempting to acces invalid address" (in excel's case, when trying to start up Word EXCEL.EXE is replaced by WORD.EXE and so forth). I've been told that this may have something to do with the fact that this computer once had the office pack installed but it was uninstalled after that. I've been searching all over the internet and couldn't find an answer. So I hope you people can help me. Thanks in advance.

I'm new to the site by the way.

A:Excel fails to start. 'Attempting to acces invalid Address'

First thing I would do...uninstall Office, then reinstall.

FWIW:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/8ee171ae-e14f-4253-920b-12e63e4d51a3/attempt-to-access-invalid-address-error-after-june-2014-updates-all-ie-versions?forum=ieitprocurrentver .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598575/excel-fails-to-start-attempting-to-acces-invalid-address/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I m Windows Solved: 81000306 Invalid Error address code IP Live- + having an issue with Windows Live Messenger I m on a new PC literally delivered today with Windows vista I go about the normal thing to do when one gets a new computer install the programs that were on Solved: Windows Live- Invalid IP address + Error code 81000306 the old one WLM was working fine when I initially installed it but after a reboot it wouldn t connect regardless of what I did The reboot also took a large amount of time showing just the colour of my desktop no icons or the wallpaper or even the task bar for a good minutes I ve restarted twice since then When I try to connect I get the following issue Error code Your machine appears to have an Invalid IP address I ve attempted to reset my IP adress usingipconfig release And ipconfig renew and gotten quot No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has media disconnected quot both connected and disconnected to the net I Solved: Windows Live- Invalid IP address + Error code 81000306 ve also tried to follow the Start run regsvr softpub dll regsvr wintrust dll The module Wintrust dll was loaded but the call to Dll Register Server failed with error code x For more information about this problem search online using the error code as a search term regsvr initpki dll The module quot initpki dll quot failed to load Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant DLL files The specified module could not be found regsvr MSXML dll The module MSXML dll was loaded but the call to Dll Register Server failed with error code x For more information about this problem search online using the error code as a search term meathod and only been able to get anything out of the first option aside from errors I have also emptied the cache and reset the settings to the defaults on IE I have also disabled my fire wall and gotten all the same results I ve near driven myself up a wall trying to fix this issue and I m plum lost on what to do I ve placed this in software as this is the only program that s shown any true affliction thus far If it s not the appropriate board then please point me to the correct one I can t connect to Live via web messenger or Trillian either Aim and Yahoo on Trillian are working perfectly well though as is pretty much everything else Thank you muchly for your time Edit After the system updated it s self the initial giant update of doom that is and a few manual updates to things it s working just fine now Hopefully after my next reboot it won t go nuts on me again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-live-invalid-ip-address-error-code-81000306.776183/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I own an hp laptop pc The last wifi Windows invalid 7 error ip problems network activation and address couple days I have had problems connecting to Windows 7 activation error and wifi network invalid ip address problems my wireless network I keep receiving an error that says that my wifi network has an invalid ip address I have had this computer for a year and haven t had any problems like this until just a couple days ago When I try to troubleshoot the connection I get a windows activation error of x I have tried running a diagnostic test and nothing comes up I ve tried a virus scan and no virus s found I ve tried to uninstall wifi network adapter restarted computer and then re-installed it and that didn t change anything I have ran a recovery test and computer says it Windows 7 activation error and wifi network invalid ip address problems can t fix the problem I can only get online if I restart modem everytime I have also tried to do an ipconfiguration from the c prompt screen No success I don Windows 7 activation error and wifi network invalid ip address problems t know what else to do Can anyone help me please Thank you Mary nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-activation-error-and-wifi-network-invalid-ip-address-problems.1004916/
Relevancy 50.31%

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but after the recent patch run by MS this week we are getting a high proportion of users unable to access internet explorer (all versions) on Windows 7 machines.
The error displayed is
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
attempt to access invalid address
This happens when trying to run Internet Explorer short cuts or iexplore.exe directly. I have had a searched around and given the number of users that with the issue I'm surprised if not found more info
Any feedback appricated

A:attempt to access invalid address error after June 2014 updates (All IE Versions)

Right I think we have actually fixed the issue after some research, by changing the registry key below
The key is "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" MoveImages

If you set the key to 1 instead of 0 then reboot the machine.

Once PC has restarted IE then works. I sure there is some combination of programs / IE that's causing the issue. I found this fix as a solution to an Adode Reader issue but with the similar symptoms

Hope this helps someone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ee171ae-e14f-4253-920b-12e63e4d51a3/attempt-to-access-invalid-address-error-after-june-2014-updates-all-ie-versions?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi i have a mac I LOVE IT so please don t make fun I have a folder named Sites every account on my G has this folder in their home folder its kind of like the Shared Documents folder in win xp Anyways you can view things in the folder using your ip address for example mine was http sean index html but for some reason it wont work now I do have a router but that shouldn t be a problem because it has worked i have had the router for close to a year now and this problem just started occurring probably since September I have repaired permissions so many times so i doubt address ip with Connecting thats the problem At first this wasn t a big issue because i could just Connecting with ip address use the ip X XXX excetra but now that s just becoming a pain to me So if anyone knows how to fix this glitch it would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

At home I used to be able to connect to another computer by ip address. Now when I attempt the Username box is grayed out but has my name and then a slash and guest.
Can anyone tell me how to stop the username box from being grayed out.
I am sure that once I can again put my username in that I will be able to connect by ip address.

Many thanks to all that can help.

A:Connecting by IP Address

what OS is the other computer, plus has there been any changes since you last connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-by-ip-address.721449/
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure if this is the correct form to post in.
About a year ago my apartment building installed security cameras. They came to each apartment and asked if we would like the tech guy to load the IP address into our PC so we could ONLY monitor the cameras. I had it done and thing worked great.

Now they have changed the IP address and I have entered the new IP address and it?s not working for me. It looked so simple when the tech guy did it.

I am needing some friendly instructions.

Thank you
Canan

A:Connecting security camera to PC with IP address

Canan said:

load the IP address into our PCClick to expand...

Exactly where did they load the address? Into a bookmark on your web browser, into some type of special viewing software, or somewhere else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-security-camera-to-pc-with-ip-address.1154152/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have tried to read up on the subject of connecting routers routers Connecting 2 IP Changing & address and reconfiguring of IP address but am all confused Help appreciated I have a broadband wired connection at home The modem cum router is provided by the ISP All I am tryig to do is try to set up a wireless connection so that I can take the laptop and work in the kitchen I am in possession of a wireless router which according the the manufacturer is to be connected between the modem cum router and my computer I Connecting 2 routers & Changing IP address believe my wireless router is called the secondary router am I correct I have read up on Linksys instruction on how to quot cascade quot routers and reconfiguring IP addresses here http linksys custhelp com cgi-bin Xh PWNhc NhZGluZyByb V ZXI amp p li amp p topview I have questions Which of the options provided by Linksys above should I follow quot The LAN-LAN or the Internet-LAN method What is the difference anyway From everywhere I read it says that I am to reconfigure the IP address of the primary router in my case the ISP provided modem cum router The problems lies in that my ISP will not give me access to change the IP don t ask why Can I get around this problem by changing the IP of my own wireless router secondary router Your help and patience appreicated This is a very newby here who does not understand big technical terms very well I can handle simple English for now Thanks nbsp

A:Connecting 2 routers & Changing IP address

Here's my recipe for connection of two routers, and no changes to the primary router's configuration are required.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-2-routers-changing-ip-address.656802/
Relevancy 48.59%

Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect.

I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it is not changing my IP address. I've tried restarting the computer. Uninstalling/reinstalling. Right clicking the program to "run as admin". Nothing seems to work and I'm in a real pinch. Really hoping someone can help me out...

Thanks so much for any help!

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/66003-openvpn-connecting-but-not-changing-ip-address.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I am facing the following issue As soon as i connect to the internet services exe is opening tcp connections to many UNKNOWN ip address on port When i issue quot netstat -n quot command it is showing 's of connection to different ip on of 100's 25 port connecting services.exe to address ip addresses on port as follows TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP SYN SENT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP FIN WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP LAST ACK TCP FIN WAIT TCP FIN WAIT TCP services.exe connecting to 100's of ip address on port 25 ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP SYN SENT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP FIN WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP SYN SENT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED I tried searching techsupportforum com other threads to solve this problem but it looks like this issue differs with different infected files I have attached the log files after running ComboFix and HiJackThis in my PC None of my antivirus softwares are able to solve this issue Please help me in resolving this issue Thanks

A:services.exe connecting to 100's of ip address on port 25

Hi,

Can anyone help me in solving this issue? I still have the problem.

Thanks,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282559/servicesexe-connecting-to-100s-of-ip-address-on-port-25/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,First of all I think I've put this question in the right place because I didn't know where...I was reading an online article and said "...use a router or a firewall. If you connect directly to the internet, then your IP address can be used by others on the network to attempt to connect directly to your PC and exploit any vulnerabilities"What is meant by 'connecting directly to the internet'? Dial-up connection? And how can others use my IP address to connect directly to my PC?Thanks

A:Connecting Directly To The Internet & Ip Address

No, dial-up connection is not what is meant by "direct connection". That is only the method you use to connect. Let me create an analogy here.

Suppose your computer is your house, and the outside is the internet. You can 'connect' with the outside foot, bicycle, car, etc. (dial-up, cable, wireless, DSL etc.). The doors and windows are the ports, or openings that allow you to pass out of the house (computer) to wherever you want to go outside.

Now, let's suppose the openings to your house have no barriers, doors or windows. People passing by could enter your house and do bad things. That would be equivalent to a direct connection.

Now if you put up windows, solid doors, curtains and the like you have put up a barrier or a firewall to keep people from seeing what is going on inside your house and hopefully from doing damage. With only a firewall, someone could peek inside when you open a door or window (port) to go out. A router does a piece of magic whereby the potential peekers would look through the opening, but see something else instead; the router warps the opening as it were. You are no longer connecting directly to the internet.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124362/connecting-directly-to-the-internet-ip-address/
Relevancy 47.73%

i am on a cable modem as well as a cable router on the dell i am able to connect to internet no problems the Connecting Trouble problem is when i go to connect to an online game or soemthignelse tha uses internet connect liek AIM or yahoo or msn messenger it says unable to connect i did the littel trouble shooting thing with msn messenger and it says this quot failed to connect to the service this cud be due improper porxy or firewall settings pls review your proxy and firewall settings proxy settings can be accessed through the msn messenger options for firewall settings please Trouble Connecting see the retailers instruction quot i totally turned off firewall and still Trouble Connecting same thing i checked for proxys through the itnernet options connections LAN settings and proxy server - use a proxy server for your LAN is not checked and auto detect settings is so i dotn even have firewall on and no proxy on either yet its saying some kinda problem i even called my internet company at am and all they cud do was confirm that i had a strong connection and that it was a computer problem and not ISP specific basically ig uess when a rd party programe attempts to connect to internet it will nto allow me cant sign into AIM or yahoo or msn an di cant connect to anygames that require online connection all gives botut he same error bsacially cant connect to internet check connection i wud jsut do a destructive recovery but its a dell made before so i ahve to have a OS boot disk which i do not have the models newer than have built in destructive recovery i had to call dell at am for that info its not a modem or router issue either becasue my other cpu connects toeverythign and i even tried the dell in the same port as the hp was connected and still same thing also i have made sure tha IE is my default browser and as stated no firewall on so i dont know whats blocking and no antivirus on either can some one pls help ty comp is a dell diminsion dim iintel pentium cpu ghz ghz mb ram XP home edition w SP

A:Trouble Connecting

Uninstall Aim and any other AOL software you have, reboot and reinstall it.

The same for any other games you have.

That will reset them to work with your cable (lan)

Then uninstall your firewall (Zonealarm, etc) , reboot and reinstall it. That will allow a prompt to allow your games, Aol aps, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68052/trouble-connecting/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having trouble connecting to my company's VPN. After ALOT of research, I think I may be having an issue with Cryptographic Services. I've gotten a message "Could not start Cryptographic Services on Local Computer. Error 123. Filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect"

I'm using Windows XP Professional.

Can anyone help? This is way above my knowledge level.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Compaq Evo N1020v and I use Firefox as a browser all was good until around Labor Day. It will dial and and say it is connected. I will see a little light in the PC monitor icon in the lower right hand corner. Very few bytes of info are transfered, and every thing stops, and the web page will not load. I use the same thing on my desktop and have no trouble. When I look at the hardware on the system everything says it's working, but no web pages. Does anyone know whats up.

A:Trouble connecting to web

see if there is any line or isp prblm

after connecting go to run>type"cmd">type this ping google.com what is the response there?post it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-web-198534.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Recently I installed a router D-Link WBR- RangeBooster G onto my computer I followed the instructions and am sure I installed correctly Of course after the installation I entered the ip according to the label on the back of my router to access the configuration and setup a WEP or password to my router It came up Connecting 192.168.0.1 to Trouble to an error saying quot Network Timeout The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply Could the server be experiencing high demand Trouble Connecting to 192.168.0.1 or a temporary outage Try again later Are you unable to browse other sites Check the computer s network connection Trouble Connecting to 192.168.0.1 Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing Still having trouble Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance quot The modem I m using is a Westell Model W the ISP being Verizon I ve tried quot run ipconfig quot and saw that my Default Gateway was at which is the ip for my westell modem Shouldn t that have changed to my new router If so how do I fix this How can I access the configuration for my new router Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey,

I've recently purchased a new UMC television, which i have been connecting into my computer through a VGA cable. I have been able to plug my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite A210 running on Vista, perfectly well into the TV and the picture quality was ace. However, i had a problem with the sound on my laptop, and had to send the laptop for repair. They refitted the motherboard and did a BIOS update (?), i'm not sure if this is of any relevence but hey. Now however, when i plug my laptop into the TV, the TV says 'no signal'. The laptop is detecting the TV. I have checked the cable, which is working fine, and the slot on my computer. I have also updated the drivers on my video card.

So my question is, how can i get my TV as a computer screen again? Is there an easy explanation?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,

Im having problems connecting to certain webpages, websites such as news, live scores etc work but websites such as facebook, email,google etc do not when troubleshooting it states website is online but is not responding to connection attempts. All other computers/laptops/tablets/phones work apart from my desktop. help please!!

A:Trouble Connecting

Suggestions:

Check under the File menu on your browser to make sure it's not ticked next to Work Offline.

When you try to get onto one of those web pages, how far does it get? Does the web site name appear on the control bar (blue bar of the browser window). Try doing a CTRL-F5 to refresh the page.

Use a tool such as ccleaner (free from www.ccleaner.com) to clean up the bowsers cache. When installing it, if it prompts you to install any addition items such as Google toolbar, say no, otherwise just accept any defaults.

Otherwise, please provide further info:
Version of Windows
A bit more detail as to what's going on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting.1102370/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having a lot of problems connecting to the internet through the ethernet. I think I have it narrowed down to something in the background is using a lot of the signal. The sending and recieving rate goes up by 50 each second on my dial up connection. In no time I'm up to 800,000. On the ethernet connection it shows only sending info and 0 recieving.

A:Trouble connecting

I forgot to mention that some have suggested I have a virus and go the trendmicro and run a scan. I only have dial up and I can't get it to download. Can anyone give me any suggestions. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trouble-connecting-201354.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an old laptop that will connect by VGA to the tv just fine. However, when I connected my newer, better desktop to it (by VGA) the desktop appeared but when I clicked on the start button it disappeared and I got the message 'Video4 VGA mode is not supported". Is the message from the pc or the tv and why? Any suggestions as to what might be going on and what to do about it?
The tv is about one yr old.

A:Trouble connecting tv to pc by vga

Many TV's with a VGA (ie: computer input), only support very specific input resolutions. Verify which input settings are supported (should be listed in the TV's User Manual), then ensure your desktop is set to a supported resolution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-tv-to-pc-by-vga.1009475/
Relevancy 47.73%

every time i try to connect to a lan connection it connects but says aquiring network address and wont let me do any thing online, but i can connect to a dial up connection just fine. i just cant figure out what is wrong with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/trouble-connecting-293895.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Bit of a problem >< Having trouble connecting here My grandfather is in town and wants to set up his laptop in our office family run buisness The wirless card detects the network and I input the WEP key and everything but I can t get his network card to obtain an ip address I have gone into the properties of the TCP IP tab Having trouble connecting >< and it is set up to obtain an IP address automatically I have set up other computers and a printer on this network and never had a problem I am using a Verizion wireless router here are its settings Wireless ONSSID I blanked this out WEP ON -BIT WEP KEY C AD Channel Frameburst Mode OFF SSID Broadcast Enabled MAC Authentication Disabled Wireless Mode Mixed accepts b and g connections Packets Sent Packets Received And here is the IPCONFIG ALL info from his laptop its a dell inspirion with an internal dell wireless card C Documents and Settings Alden gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name inspiron- Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell TrueMobile Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card Physical Address - - B- - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - F- F- -CE- C Documents and Settings Alden gt I d be extreamly gratefull if someone could help me out with this nbsp

A:Having trouble connecting ><

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.
Also, remove ALL stored wireless profiles and search for a new network, see if you get a connection after that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-connecting.806616/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a wireless Linksys USB adaptor on Wireless when ip connecting Solved: changing address a gateway machine When I boot up machine the IP changes sometimes to a different ip address in the Info part of the USB adaptor I used IPCONFIG all and it changed my ip to or I have a P P Solved: Wireless changing ip address when connecting network system with a Linksys wireless Router with machines running Windows Pro My IP address for the Gateway machine running DHCP is x xxx the IP address that comes up sometimes is and sometimes it is When these IP s come up I can t access Solved: Wireless changing ip address when connecting the WEB or quot See quot my other machines on the P P network I use WPA security with a password I tried Pinging amp but I don t get an address Iv e tried going into the machine and changing the IP address using a Static address that changes it but I need the machine to be on DHCP because of security reasons Can you also tell me what this IP address is and how I can find where these numbers are coming from Thanks for everyones very professional help You all have been so helpful and prompt in the past Have a very productive day nbsp