Windows Support Forum

Windows keep closing!

Q: Windows keep closing!

Hi so I ve had closing! Windows keep this problem for a while now and I m finally getting sick of it My programs and windows will randomly close without warning and without being considered a crash when I try to access a file program or internet page with a certain word in the title The key word that seems to close things Windows keep closing! seems to be Windows keep closing! the word quot download quot When I try to open a program with the word in the title it closes If I try to open my Downloads file it closes the explorer window If I try to open an internet page with the word in the URL it will close the tab almost instantly The only other thing of note that has also been affected seems to be the main Control Panel The one where you can access all the little sub-categories which themselves work fine which closes on its own aswell My computer is an HP laptop whose model I forget and runs Windows Home Basic I inherited this computer from a relatives business who bought it and relied on an employee to use it though the employee did not know what they were doing have the time and installed countless useless web applications like toolbars and such most of which I had to go through the pain-staking task of removing one-by-one And I have no doubt there are still some in there that don t show up in the remove and uninstall page Any help would be greatly appreciated Hope you can help me and my thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows keep closing!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows keep closing!

You should ask this get moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal so they can help you out. Click on the Report link and ask they remove this.

Also Never ever post your email address online or your be asking for lots of SPAM so best to remove the email address asap.
All questions can be asked in the post in this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-keep-closing.1100677/
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 40.42%

We are seeing EMET 5.5 closing office applications and IE automatically on Windows 8.1 (64 bit) and Windows 10 (x64 bit) during installation.
Anybody experiencing this issue during installation?
Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b5a9b218-633f-4b01-bee3-0fb93ab83d7f/emet-55-closing-office-applications-and-ie-automatically-on-windows-81-and-windows-10-during?forum=emet
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Recently Windows has been hanging a little after closing Firefox and or Windows Live Mail For example if I close Firefox or WM Windows Mail and click on the Start button or anything for that matter Windows will hang maybe seconds before it loads it It didn t used to do this I ve ran anti virus spyware programs Which returned no real threats and Ccleaner I ve defragmented and ran check disk too so my files should be clean and in order for quick access I actually recently had to reinstall Windows XP bit so it s a pretty fresh install As far as I know the drivers and whatnot should be up-to-date too As for the game it s particulary games. a or lag after little Firefox and Windows hangs XP Windows Mail closing only one as I notice lags in a certain way that never had before It s America s Army and every so often I will get this lag that will last for a few seconds and just go away It will make the game real sluggish but only for about or so seconds but gets quite annoying as Windows XP hangs a little after closing Firefox or Windows Mail and lag games. this didn t used to happen before I ve tried system restore to go back to a point where I didn t think it had been doing this but none of the restore points were available for some reason and the one it did let me restore to didn t help I don t notice any processes running that look suspicious or that shouldn t be running I ve also noticed the past few times I boot up and while loading windows my mouse will freeze for just a second which is also not normal I do have my CPU ram and video card over clocked but I know this isn t the reason for my problems since they ve been like that for quite some time and I ve ran Prime for long periods of time without problems I did recently increase my Pagefile size in windows to MB from the default Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing these little hangs after closing Firefox Windows Live Mail and the reoccuring lag in the game Because I have a feeling the two problems are connected in some way Your advice and suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Hijackthis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Galleon bin Wrapper exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system java exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files ATITool ATITool exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acro... Read more

A:Windows XP hangs a little after closing Firefox or Windows Mail and lag games.

A little update...

I ran Advance WindowsCare V2 Peronal and let it "clean and fix" everything but I still get the delay/lag after closing almost any program. For instance, I opened up Windows defrag utility, closed it and tried clocking on start and it didn't open for about 3 or 4 seconds. I don't know what's causing this but it will also slow my game mention above down like I have something else using a lot of CPU power or something for a few seconds...and this happens in the game quite often...I'd say it does it at least once every minute.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? It's very annoying and I would hate to have to reinstall Windows since I just literally got everything reinstalled and copied back over when this problem started occurring. If you need any more info or logs, let me know. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-a-little-after-closing-firefox-or-windows-mail-and-lag-games.769985/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have several protective programs running..
like "Adware, Fix It 5,SpywareStopper"
but I haven't found any viruses...

When I run SpyBot, it comes up with about 23-25 entries AND I stall when I get to create a restore point. After a lon---g period of time the (not responding)
goes on.

Another problem is that WinRAR opens but closes unexpectedly...

Are these problems possibly related or do I have different issues???

Thanks for any help!

A:Creating a Restore Point & Windows XP Explorer Windows closing

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html Follow this link to Rollin Rog Security Tools It is hard to tell from your report exactly what spy ware programs you are running . Scroll down the page to Parasitic , Download Ad-Aware SE , Spy Bot Search and Destroy , Spy Ware Blaster . Setup and update according to the tutourials. Go to Panda Active Scan or other online virus scanner and run a scan . If you do not have an anti virus program aboard go to Grisoft AVG and download the personal free edition . Use these programs only for now and shut down any other spyware / malware programs you mayhave running . After using the programs from Rollin Rog Security Tools come back and let us know how things are now running .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-restore-point-windows-xp-explorer-windows-closing.272967/
Relevancy 39.99%

I use Windows and Mozilla Firefox and recently have been getting forwarded to sites I out 7 firefox and to closing sites Windows mozilla forwarding windows have never gone to and sometimes it also closes on Mozilla windows when I am trying to go to web sites and forwards to strange addresses on it Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows s own I also sometime get a fake download that says I need to click ok to check for viruses Help please this is driving me nuts lol Here is a hijack this log from tonight Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AIManager exe C Program Files x Common Files SupportSoft bin bcont exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http asus msn com R Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RunAIShell C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Windows 7 forwarding to sites and closing out mozilla firefox windows

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
hlp.dat
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356156/windows-7-forwarding-to-sites-and-closing-out-mozilla-firefox-windows/
Relevancy 39.99%

The best scenario I can use is this: I play on Pogo and to start with I am on the home page. Then I will open the game I wish to play which opens another window. When I want to close the game window the whole pogo site closes and I am back to my desk top. I have checked other places besides Pogo and the same thing is happening. I have Windows xp- 7. This has been happening for 3 days now. Can you please help me? Thanks ans have a good day

Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61328-all-windows-closing.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Ive noticed some strange actions from my PC lately Sometimes when Ive IE closing Windows been away from the computer for a while and I come back to i discover that all the windows that I had open are closed Sometimes the DVD-RW Drive opens from itself without that I do anything Sometimes by closing IE or by turning of the PC I get an error message like quot memory could not be read quot I have Sygate Firewall AVG Anti Virus AVG Anti Spyware and I update them everyday Here is my HijackThis IE Windows closing log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer IE Windows closing v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi IE Windows closing File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe F Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Programmi SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe F Programmi Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe F Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe G Programmi TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe F Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exe F Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Programmi Messenger msmsgs exe C Programmi Creative Shared Files CamTray exe F Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exe F Programmi Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Programmi ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exe C Programmi SpywareGuard sgmain exe F PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Programmi SpywareGuard sgbhp exe F Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Programmi File comuni Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Programmi iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE F Programmi Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Collegamenti R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi File comuni Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programmi ... Read more

A:IE Windows closing

Does anybody know what the problem could be??
THANKS!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-windows-closing-172878.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am having an on again off again problem. Here is an example, I open settings and run updates, then I open either google chrome or firefox. Later I check updates and if done I close settings window. Now when I do this it closes all open programs, ie google chrome or firefox. Anyone notice this, or have this problem?

Henry

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/61328-all-windows-closing.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, my computer suddenly closes all the windows, the first time that happened it shuted down the system. I have the earlyest version of Norton Antivirus, and It says that I don't have a virus, what problem could I have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/closing-windows-235760.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Awhile ago my AV expired so I have been using one for a month or two And now I'm paying for it My computer is slow and something keeps closing random windows and sometimes even programs I can't even get an Antivirus program installed because my browser wont stay open long enough Here's my HiJackThis Log file I hope someone can help Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform is windows... my closing Something Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Something is closing my windows... WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc Something is closing my windows... exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Something is closing my windows... WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C program files powerstrip pstrip exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS System WScript exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files ccxgui ccXservice exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files ccxgui ccxstream exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system regsrv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system sendi exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMAIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C RECYCLER NPROTECT exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Michael Kolk My Documents Computer Utilites HiJackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search F - system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system winmgd win F - win ini run C WINDOWS system mouse configurator win O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - ... Read more

A:Something is closing my windows...

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/something-is-closing-my-windows-96200.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This is happening to my roommate's laptop, and it's quite annoying..

When she goes into some links, the page loads, and it closes right before she can see its content.

She's using WinXp.

I tried msconfig, same thing.

This has already happened to a guy, and he posted it in 2003, no one really helped him..

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...00/t1067363088

I hope someone can help me (her).

Thx^^

A:IE windows closing by themselves

A few things to try: run an anti virus scan; download/install/run AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy (both available at Download.com); reinstall Internet Explorer or...

If these do not help another possibility...
Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Post the log in the HighJackThis Log Help forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-windows-closing-by-themselves-35999.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Ive noticed some strange actions from my PC lately Sometimes when Ive been away from the computer for a while and I come back to i discover that all the windows that I had open are closed Sometimes the DVD-RW Drive opens from itself without that I do anything Sometimes by closing Ie Closing Windows IE or by turning of the PC I get an error message like quot memory could not be read quot I have Sygate Firewall AVG Anti Virus AVG Anti Spyware and I Ie Windows Closing update them everyday Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Programmi File comuni Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeF Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system AvidSDMService exeC Programmi ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Programmi SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeF Programmi Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exeC Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC NVIDIA NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeF Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeG Programmi TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exeF PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeF Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exeF Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Programmi Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Programmi Messenger msmsgs exeC Programmi Creative Shared Files CamTray exeF Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exeF Programmi Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Programmi ZyDAS Technology Corporation ZyDAS g Utility ZDWlan exeC Programmi SpywareGuard sgmain exeF PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exeC Programmi SpywareGuard sgbhp exeF Programmi Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exeC Programmi File comuni Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXEC Programmi iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Programmi Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEF Programmi Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName CollegamentiR - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Programmi Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi File comuni Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Programmi SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C ... Read more

A:Ie Windows Closing

Does anybody now what the problem could be?
THANKS!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103308/ie-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.99%

When i have a window open in vistas, minimize and open another window, the original window closes itself down. Why. Help me

A:Windows closing

*Computer specs...
*Did you upgrade to Windows Vista or was it installed on the computer when you bought it?
*All types of windows or just windows explorer (i.e. 'computer') or every thing like Internet explorer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-closing-470928.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
I'm having problems with keeping folders open on my computer. Since Im not very technical I'll just explain the process and problem.
I wish to access a video file (.avi) on my computer so i open up my comp, open the required drive, and select the appropriate folder. When in the folder sometimes the window displaying the files will shut down after one or two seconds displaying the the message that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close (sometimes this only happens after clicking on an actual file, depends on the folder.) I'm not sure why or if its a virus of some sort (I have an up-to-date version of Norton protection centre which doesn't detect anything), any help would be much appreciated because its becoming quite an annoyance not being able to access files.
(the files worked fine before so i know its not because of them.)
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.99%

I have been having problems for a long time having windows shutting down when I access a site. For example, if I go to a site and a small window pops up with some kind of info regarding the site and it then closes, then the original window also closes. Can someone please help me solve this? Is this a common problem with VISTA, or is it just on my computer? Many thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-closing.794240/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a PC in shop that exhibits the following Internet Explorer SP and Outlook Express closes within seconds of opening IE will show connecting to the default MSN home page just before XP Windows Applications Closing closing Firefox and Netscape will both run and operate on the net AVG Spybot Spyware Guardian and Blaster are on the machine CWshredder has been run Hijackthis was used to clean up the unneeded entries Houcall trendmicro com can t be run as it doesn t run seemingly on Firefox and the manual download for netscape can t see the Windows XP Closing Applications directory plugins even when directed to it Using task manager and closing every process possible IE and OE are still closed ASAP Furthermore Services MSC is closed ASAP as is System Restore MMC will launch but if you try to go to any of the tools it closes Even using Windows Explorer and typing in a url results in closing of the WE window once it hits the web site An XP Home SP CD has been used to repair restore in process again now the installation with no change Am looking for a possible solution that doesn t involve a fresh install full install or slicking the machine Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Windows XP Closing Applications

pantera said:

I have a PC in shop that exhibits the following:

Internet Explorer (6 SP 1) and Outlook Express closes within seconds of opening. IE will show connecting to the default MSN home page just before closing.

Firefox and Netscape (7.2) will both run and operate on the net.

AVG, Spybot, Spyware Guardian and Blaster are on the machine. CWshredder has been run, Hijackthis was used to clean up the unneeded entries. Houcall.trendmicro.com can't be run as it doesn't run (seemingly) on Firefox, and the manual download for netscape can't see the directory (plugins), even when directed to it.

Using task manager and closing every process possible, IE and OE are still closed ASAP. Furthermore, Services.MSC is closed ASAP as is System Restore. MMC will launch, but if you try to go to any of the tools it closes. Even using Windows Explorer and typing in a url results in closing of the WE window once it hits the web site.

An XP Home SP2 CD has been used to repair restore (in process again now) the installation with no change.

Am looking for a possible solution that doesn't involve a fresh install (full install or slicking the machine).

Thanks for your input.Click to expand...
Welcome to the forum
you are probably going to have to post your hijack this log here or the security forum for someone to take a look. It sounds like a malware problem...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-closing-applications.290412/
Relevancy 39.56%

My windows explore keeps closing for some reason. Ill open it and look through folders and it will just close returning me back to desk top.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

A:Windows explore closing

Troubleshooting Windows Explorer Errors

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explore-closing.618922/
Relevancy 39.56%

Can someone help please We have a problem with keeps explorer Windows closing one user profile on this PC which belongs to a friend If hidden files are marked as being shown and he opens My Music and selects a music track either the explorer window closes completely or freezes If however we mark the hidden files option as Windows explorer keeps closing not to show the problem does not occur and the music file will play fine Other user profiles on this PC do not show the same characteristics I don t know if this is in the correct forum I suspect not but I have also attached Windows explorer keeps closing a HJT and Start log for someone to look at to see if we need to do anything there Thanx in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Windows explorer keeps closing system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite DataLayer DataLayer exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C program files BigFix BigFix exe C program files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C program files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C program files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C program files WinTV Ir exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXE C program files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C program files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Internet Download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stockbrokers co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tesco net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www stockbrokers co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title PlusNet Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-gb msntb dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-gb msntb dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE run O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run MoneyStartUp quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Activation exe quot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroC... Read more

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Anyone any ideas on this please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.453703/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone sorry to just beg for help on my first post but I keep getting a pop-up saying that Windows Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close It then reopens but then closing Windows Explorer keeps I get the same message again although it hasn't done it for a minute or too I ran HijackThis but I'm useless with anything technical so I'm hoping some very Windows Explorer keeps closing kind person can work out what on earth I've done to my computer This was the logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System Windows Explorer keeps closing smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files HPQ IAM bin asghost exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDrt exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager PTHOSTTR EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia Software Launcher NSLauncher exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS service exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services NclBTHandler exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A ... Read more

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing

Hi ecmcd, welcome to TSF..

I've had a look at your log and you have some serious issues which need dealing with...however, this section of the forum is not the correct place to seek help.

Please read through this thread as it details the '5 Step Process' which we would like you to take so that we can be in a better position to assist you. Follow the instructions as best you can. If you have any problems with any of the steps, note down some details on the problem and go to the next step. On completion, you should have some log files which we would like you to attach to a new thread and post here, be sure to add as much information as possible regarding the problems you're having and any issues you may encounter when following the '5 Step Process'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-261404.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi my windows explorer since like days ago keeps Keeps Explorer Closing Windows Down shutting down and there's this error message like error runtime not responding Dr something postmortem debugger encounters problem in debugging Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC WINDOWS system ThpSrv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesbs exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Analog Devices Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC WINDOWS system THotkey exeC Program Files Toshiba CrossMenu CrossMenu exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC WINDOWS system TPSODDCtl exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities TAcelMgr TAcelMgr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Acceleration Utilities Shaker TSkrMain exeC WINDOWS system thpsrv exeC WINDOWS system TFNF exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Rotation Utility TRot exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED ExeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TAudEffect TAudEff exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMETEMNU EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMERzCtl EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TME TMESBS EXEC TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssui exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRuntime mRouterConfig exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRuntime mRouterRuntime exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Program Files V-Gear BEE VBService ex... Read more

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing Down

i don't know whether this help, but this comes from the event viewer,,,

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.3241, fault address 0x001e4e81.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119806/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-down/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all. A friend and I just upgraded her 98 to XP(clean install). Everything went well, well almost everything. When we try to DL something off the net, plug in for instance, the verification window pops open then closes right away.(No popup block running((to my knowledge))). I have a feeling it has something to do with the Active X controls??? If you are quik you can clik on either OK or CANCEL, and the DL will work accordingly. Hoping some wise soul will recognize the problem and have a suggestion as to how to fix!! Thanks in advance, Graiskye p.s. This is the second try at this thread so if there is another floating around the forum(I looked,couldn't find???) my apologies, i aint spamming, but I love SPAM.

Relevancy 39.56%

Ive recently had my PC formatted and made alittle quicker but now im finding that my media player, explorer and newsbin etc keeps closing down and i get that same old message about finding problem so its gotta close the application please help me i want to punch myself in the face!!

A:Windows keeps closing down my applications!!

Have you already installed all Windows updates and anti virus/spyware applications already?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-keeps-closing-down-my-applications-399470.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello - Last Tuesday I got a quot Windows Security quot virus and I thought I removed it by using the steps from bleepingcomputer com The real issue began on Monday when I received a quot Generic Host Win quot error I am not sure if the two are related After this my computer starting behaving very strangely I sometimes have trouble opening new internet explorer windows and when I finally do get one open it can sometimes Windows Explorer not is closing refuse to Windows Explorer is not closing close Yesterday I received a blue screen error and the message that quot your computer has recovered from a serious error quot The only changes I made to my computer after eliminating the virus was downloading the update for AVG Free Antivirus program Since I have tried to restore my computer to an earlier time and I have run scans with quot Malware Bytes quot a number of times The first time the program found about issues that I promptly cleaned off my system Since I have run the program a few times but no issues were returned Is there something I need to do to Malware Bytes to detect whatever is messing with my computer I thought restoring and running the scans fixed the error but later that day I received another Win error The strange thing is my computer seems to behaving normally today I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice as to what to do next here Thank you in advance for your assistance Mike

A:Windows Explorer is not closing

I mentioned that the error has not popped up today; but I just got another one!
Screen shots of the error are attached.
Again, thanks for your help.

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364619/windows-explorer-is-not-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 87922 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D945GCL, AAD82064-301, BTCL70200RZ3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled
Ok, my computer keeps lagging and i keep "poofing" out of my canasta games...is the cause more likely my internet connection, defrag, or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lagging-and-windows-closing-on-own.1014812/
Relevancy 39.56%

This all Closing Windows Down Random started a few days Random Windows Closing Down ago not really sure what happend but Random Windows Closing Down cant run Newsleecher and Call of duty programs starts and i see them in the task bar but one for like half a sec then they close cant really see anything in the event handling thing Did a mcafee scan stinger and a online vira check all didnt find anythingi see that one program running is unkown to you all its a program my friend made to check for new episodes on tvrage and newzbin quot C Program Files Show Alerter Notifier exe quot so thats not doing anything really Random Windows Closing Down Good luck hope you can help me RegardsKiMLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files grasssoft mouserecorder MacroService exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC program files steam steam exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files Show Alerter Notifier exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESMgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associ... Read more

A:Random Windows Closing Down

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Apologies for the late response,as i'm sure you can appreciate we are extremely busy.If you've already recieved help at another forum and your issues have been resolved,or you're presently recieving help elsewhere then please let us know.If you have not followed the info in the link below prior to posting your log then please do so now:Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/If you still require help,please post a new Hijackthis log into this topic in your next reply.Also post a detailed description of the issues you're experiencing.*Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126292/random-windows-closing-down/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am pretty sure i know what the problem is but i cant' figure out how to fix it. I think i have downloaded a bad file and it planted some kind of virus or somthing of that nature. all of my downloads are saved to
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\shared
Whenever i try to open that file it wont open. And whenever i try to open windows media and its starts to load the library it also closes. The same thing with i tunes, but only if i open the library.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jesse Benavides

A:windows media closing

Scan the problem folder for viruses. If the antivirus finds one but can't delete, make a note of what it is and then just look up how to get rid of it on google.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-closing.628196/
Relevancy 39.56%

My internet browswer Internet Explorer randomly closes citing an error The advanced info Windows Internet Closing All on the error is largely uninteligible to me a seemingly random string of number and letters Sometimes when I'm on a page that requires Flash I get a Flash error which closes all my browsers I do have the latest Flash version I checked This browser-closing issue is extremely new Just now something All Internet Windows Closing even more new and threatening All Internet Windows Closing occured which may be linked I was playing Age of Empires The Asian Dynasties in Full Screen mode of course and suddenly it CTD'd with a similarly error reporting method as the ones with the browser issues I was playing this game online not offline I believe there is some sort of a program on my machine which closes my apps I have gigs of ram and a powerful machine altogether and again this is a new problem Below is my HijackThis Log Thank you in advance for your time and consideration Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer realplay exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories WORDPAD EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId cid SUB CLCID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKUS S- - - Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net meInstaller exeO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - SharedTaskScheduler IE Component Categories cache daemon - A - - e e-B C - C C EF - C WINDOWS system ieframe dllO - Service InstallDriver Table Ma... Read more

A:All Internet Windows Closing

Hi bluefox, If you still need help please post a new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log , and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129946/all-internet-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

For some odd reason all of my windows are not closing when I click the X button on the top right corner. The max and minimize button only works for a couple of windows and are very slow if so. As well I am not able to move the window itself, it is stuck in one place.

I've looked on the other solutions of scanning the computer of viruses I used AVG and Mal as well as spybot. Nothing seems to be working.

I have a windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

A:The windows are not closing/maxmin/going to t

Welcome to SF. Please post your system specs.
Let's try this.

Please start an elevated command prompt and run:
sfc /scannow

** EDIT **
Also, please boot your computer into safe mode and try malwarebytes again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110456-windows-not-closing-maxmin-going-t.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3570 Mb
Graphics Card: Radmin Mirror Driver V3, 4 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 941694 MB, Free - 892024 MB; D: Total - 12071 MB, Free - 1157 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2ACF
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

The above are the computer specs.

I am running Windows 7 Pro. The computer will randomly close down and go to the "control, alt, delete" screen. It just started doing this today. I checked the heatsink and fans and they are ok.

Relevancy 39.56%

Well that's my problem, every few minutes, the explorer window close sown and I need to re open it and search again the folders I was woking on with and it is really a pain... Also my computer used to be faster on the boot up and now is so sloooow.

I hope you guys can help me even knowing my PC is screwd.

Here's the hijack log file. (but I didnt run it on safe mode btw)

Thx guys.

Relevancy 39.56%

hello i truly appreciate your help here's my problem late yesterday when some gremlin closing my 'windows' is trying to click on an application in the system tray or the start button or the log-in button the new 'window' appeared but only for a split second then something closed that 'window' i shut the computer off i then ran a full anti-virus scan in safe mode but nothing was some gremlin is closing my 'windows' detected attached are the contents of the dds text file and the zipped files note that when i initially ran gmer exe it failed so i ran it with only the sections and c box some gremlin is closing my 'windows' clicked also i think the problem lies with this desktop computer however when the trouble was occuring my laptop which was hard-wired connected via wireless router experienced the same issue if you think i need to repair that laptop later please advise thank you again for any help you can provide DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by sward at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft some gremlin is closing my 'windows' Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files HOLT VS ASA dbsrv exe C Program Files HOLT VS ASA UpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files HOLT VS ASA UpdateMonitorSAU exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client concentr exe C Program Files Spiceworks bin spicetray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Spiceworks httpd bin spiceworks-httpd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Spiceworks httpd bin spiceworks-httpd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C PROGRA SPICEW bin spiceworks exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings sward Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us-smb mSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO WOT Helper c e a- f - e -bdd -a e feb - c program files wot WOT dll BHO CBrowserHelperObje... Read more

A:some gremlin is closing my 'windows'

i'm having trouble again and wanted to provide more information in case it's relevant. i closed all applications and went to hit the start button so that i could shut the computer off. the start menu appeared for a split second, then disappeared. when i ctrl+alt+delete i see that spicetray is running as an application. perhaps that is part of the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/some-gremlin-is-closing-my-windows-534244.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When i try to use the mouse, random windows open and close on their own relentlessly.I have run Norton antivirus but nothing has come up. Ideas?

A:Windows opening and closing on their own

hi, welcome to TSG.

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
as most of the files are legitimate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-opening-and-closing-on-their-own.414447/
Relevancy 39.56%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Arquivos de programas Windows Ie Closing Windows Suddenly Defender MsMpEng Ie Windows Closing Suddenly exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Arquivos de programas Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Ie Windows Closing Suddenly Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC ARQUIV ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Arquivos de programas IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Arquivos de programas Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Arquivos de programas Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Arquivos de programas Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Arquivos de programas Lingea Collins COBUILD lexicon exeC Arquivos de programas Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Arquivos de programas Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Documents and Settings Administrador Desktop Peu Tech Security hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www veloxzone com brR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Ie Windows Closing Suddenly Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www veloxzone com brR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Arquivos de programas Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO QUICKfind BHO Object - C DF A- E - E - AB -D F - C ARQUIV TEXTware QUICKF PlugIns IEHelp dllO - BHO G-Buster Browser Defense - C A C E-EA C- D -B B - - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files gbieh dllO - BHO G-Buster Browser Defense Unibanco - C A C E-EA C- D -B B - - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files gbiehuni dllO - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Arquivos de programas Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Arquivos de programas Arquivos comuns Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Arquivos de programas Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res C ARQUIV MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Pesquisar - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C ARQUIV MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Plugin for spop C Arquivos de programas Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - IERESET INF SEARCH PAGE URL amp http home microsoft com intl br access allinone aspO - Trusted Zone http onecare live comO - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedC bin AvSniff cabO - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Center Base Module - http cdn scan safety live com resource d lscbase cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate b O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedC n bin cabsa cabO - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shoc ash swflash cabO... Read more

A:Ie Windows Closing Suddenly

there is no need to analyze, already solved.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78208/ie-windows-closing-suddenly/
Relevancy 39.56%

I downloaded ad aware and was advised when doing it to close any programs
running, before installing it.

I knew how to do this on my old Win 95 but not sure how to on XP.

( just another dumb question, that the easiest to answer)

Thanks for any help.

A:closing programs in windows XP

You're probably ok installing it without ending anything but here's how to do it. Press Alt/Ctrl/Del and Task Manager should appear. Click on the "Applications" tab and you can end them from there ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-programs-in-windows-xp.280373/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. This question may be stupid but here goes... Say I have 3 or 4 windows open in Outlook for example in Windows 10, when I minimise or close one window I should automatically view the one behind it once that isn't minimised but when I do this it brings me to the Desktop every time rather than another window I want to view. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Lula

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/minimising-closing-windows-1075434.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Folks
When I have multiple windows open, there appears to be a slight delay in the tabs in the task bar closing although the window itself closes immediately.
I hope this makes sense.
Because of this delay I often end up closing IE windows in error.
Apart from this my system appears to work well and is not otherwise sluggish.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-delay-in-closing-windows.511322/
Relevancy 39.56%

If i open a internet window and click something on the page and it opens another window, when i close it, all the windows close and i have to start my search all over. help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/why-are-my-internet-windows-closing-300948.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Has anyone else noticed this,

I am using a browser, and for example looking at the forum here. When I close the browser without logging out from the forum and then restart the browser I am still logged in.

This never happens with Vista, I always have to login again

Does seven not close the programs properly to speed up the re-opening??

Does this not infringe on some aspect off security? Not for me I am the only user

Could this be a bug?

This works for both IE and Firefox

Pooch

A:Windows 7 not closing programs

Hi Pooch,

When you logged in for the first time at the forum did you by any chance leave the remember me checkbox?

I am always logged in automatically at home, but on non secure locations I uncheck the option so as the site asks me to log in each time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/939-windows-7-not-closing-programs.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I ran a nmap on my computer, and noted some ports were open that I did not recognize.  I went into the windows firewall - advanced security, and added the ports I wanted to close.  [see attached image]  I did this for both in and outbound.  I ran nmap again, and they were still open.  How do I close these ports down?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fkxqgh&s=6

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486451/closing-ports-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I hope someone can help me with this as I just cannot seem to find an answer .Whenever I access windows explorer it shuts down after a few seconds I get "exception integer division by zero. (OxC0000994) occurred in the application at location 0x0bd0dbdd . the last set of digits changes as I also had (0x0597dbdd) .I am running windows XP with service pack 2
Well that's it any ideas would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you ,
Eric

A:Windows explorer keeps closing

Is your PC fully patched using windows update?

If you have and codec packages installed, uninstall them as a test. See if the problem stops.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread63720.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.809034/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I am on a Surface Book. Over the last couple days, the Windows Central App keeps closing immediately after opening. If I re install it, it will open then closes after a minute. Then begins repeating the first situation where it closes upon start.
Anyone else seeing this? Know a fix?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435865-windows-central-app-keeps-closing.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone A few days ago I encountered an odd problem Whenever I tried to right-click on an avi Explorer keeps Windows closing file in My Videos in Windows Explorer I would get one of the following problems All the open Windows Explorer windows Windows Explorer keeps closing would just close the taskbar would disappear and then after a few seconds the taskbar would re-appear Although I m not very tech-savvy I think this is what happens when you terminate explorer exe and it sort of automatically restarts itself I d get an error message saying quot Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot and similar to above all the Windows Explorer windows close the taskbar disappears and then re-appears as if nothing happened At the time I didn t think of taking a screenshot of this one but after right-clicking on an avi file and trying to open it in VLC player my default is Windows Media Player so I right-clicked - gt Open With - gt VLC Media Player the Windows Explorer window froze VLC froze while loading the file the taskbar froze but I was able to access other windows such as Windows Media Player and MS Word through alt tab After - minutes a message appeared about Data Execution Prevention and that explorer exe had been shut down in order to prevent data loss Some additional information - I have done virus and malware scans using Norton Malware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware - my computer is clean - I m using SP I m reluctant to upgrade to SP because I was told that SP may conflict with Symantec products and wreck havoc - I recently upgraded DivX and downloaded the DivX Plus Codec Pack - For some reason I m unable to do System Restores - whenever it re-boots after attempting to restore it says that the restore has failed and that no changes have been made Any idea what the problem could be or steps I can take to better isolate diagnose the problem

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing

Make sure Norton is updated, and then run the SP3 Updater. I have never heard that Norton caused issues with SP3 upgrades. Can you point to a source that stated as such?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310608/windows-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue. If I open a couple of tabs in IE11 and then close one of them down. If I then put my cursor on IE11 in the task bar it shows the tab is still open with a revolving circle in the middle and does not close down. If I then try to go to the other open tab I get 'websitename not responding' the only way I can close down the tab is by using task manager to close down the whole of IE11. Any help gratefully received as ever. Al

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-ie11-non-closing-tab-4610193/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi.

My problem is that when I leave my computer on and go away for a while that it goes to the welcome screen (not the problem). After I log back on windows explorer usually closes down. So the taskbar and all my icons are gone. It also happens during games sometimes.

Can someone help?

Also, My firefox keeps clearing my bookmarks and personal settings.Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,
Kaku

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

For your Firefox problem, try the following.
Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode). This starts Firefox without
any extensions and the default theme. If this solves the problem, then it is an
extension or theme effecting Firefox. If that doesn't help, create a new profile.
Your profile may have become corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-keeps-closing.515972/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whener we try to close IE on my husband's laptop, multiple windows pop up and it takes forever to close. No error message appears. Any suggestions?

Thankx!
Barb

A:Multiple windows when closing IE

Sounds like a data miner cookie is, or cookies are, on his computer. Need to clean the data miner cookies off with something like Ad-aware.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/232865-multiple-windows-when-closing-ie.html
Relevancy 39.56%

While on Facebook the other day I accidentally clicked on a link meant to click delete but was momentarily distracted by screaming kids that seems Randomly Windows IE Closing to have given me a virus My Symantec AntiVirus found InternetAntiVirus on my computer and it appears to have cleaned it Then in the process of cleaning InternetAntiVirus it found Trojan-Spy as well That too appears to be cleaned but earlier today my husband purchased SpywareDetector to run in conjunction with Symantec During the last scan about minutes ago SpywareDetector wasn't able to find any spyware malware etc However now my IE windows randomly close The only one that is consistent is Facebook Everytime I try to log on the IE window closes So far I have not had consistent problems with any other site and the only one that hasn't automatically at all is yours yea SpywareDetector noted a number of registry files that have been altered so I want to find out if any of these alterations are causing the problems with IE closing DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run IE Closing Windows Randomly by Katie Dooley at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C IE Closing Windows Randomly WINDOWS IE Closing Windows Randomly system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C windows freddy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Max Registry Cleaner MaxRCSystemTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDMainService exe C Program Files SpywareDetector SDActiveMonitor exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Katie Dooley Desktop PC Problems dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoomail com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms uSearch Bar hxxp safesearch cyberdefender com smallsearch html BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB A FE-B B - -A DC- CBD C B D - No File EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant VPTray exe mRun SSBkgdUpdate quot c program files common files scansoft shared ss... Read more

A:IE Closing Windows Randomly

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233703/ie-closing-windows-randomly/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi
I have recently had a lot of pc problems with processes using 100% cpu and runtime errors. I took my pc to my local repair shop and it ended up that they completely wiped my pc and reinstalled windows xp home.
I use the mozy online backup service so thankfully most of my files are safe and I have restored them.

Everytime I try to go into "my pictures" where I store all my photographs, I get the error message "To help protect your computer, windows have closed this program. Name: Windows explorer"

Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening?

Thanks

Ian

A:Windows explorer closing down.

I hope this helps you .... http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-closing-down.885692/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am a computer geek. Sorry but I just purchased this computer and I am going crazy. First of all can you tell me why when I try to close a window in vista the whole computer closes. Why can I not close out one page. I will be here a lot--happy I found this forum. Is there a beginner forum I should be in. Please help. lol

A:Closing Windows in Visa

Hello Eyore953, and welcome to the Vista Forums

Can you describe your problem in a little more detail - I'm sure that with a little more information someone here will be able to help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195323-closing-windows-visa.html
Relevancy 39.56%

windows flash and minimize or close at random. i have tried running spybot and adaware and avg.. and made sure everything is updated but it stil persists. the windows seldom stay open over a minute. both IE regular windows and chat IM windows. please help?

A:please help me - IE windows closing at random

I sort of have the same thing going on I go on a site and within seconds I'm booted off this is what comes up
PROGRAM ERROR
IEXPLORE.eve has generated errors & will be closed by Windwos.
You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.

it seems to get worse each week I mean I go back to see about the same sites and I canNOT get on there at all it's useless.
I have no idea what is going on.
I have windows 2000 btw.
THANX

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-me-ie-windows-closing-at-random-272878.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, my computer just recently started acting up, whenever i open up a program. It works for a little bit, then i start to use it, it freezes up and i get a (NOT RESPONGING) next to the program name. I go to task manager and try to shut it off manually, but i get the end task warning screen with a yellow exclamation point in the bottom right hand of the program icon. The message says that closing this program may cause immediate instability on your computer . . . Then, my computer totally freezes and i have to maunally turn it off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49707/programs-are-not-closing-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whenever I open a certain folder on one of my external hard drives, a message pops up saying "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". The folder is one of several, all containing avi files, opening any of the other folders doesn't cause this problem. If I ignore the message (ie don't click send/don't send report) then I can usually use the folder and files within as normal, but if I click, then any windows of any drives I had open all close. I used flash disinfector but the problem remains. Please help! Thank you!

A:Drive windows closing!

This more than likely is NOT a malware issue. What is the Operating System you have running?In the error message, click the click here link at the bottom of the message box and what dos it say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181605/drive-windows-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Websites keep closing on me - says an error has occured and the program keep Windows Solved: closing has to close For Solved: Windows keep closing instance when in hotmail I can read or emails but then the error message appears and closes the program It seems more of a function issue - can t Solved: Windows keep closing click too many boxes - than a time issue as I can keep hotmail open as long as I don t open more than or emails or folders This happens in on other websites as well Any ideas on what s going on Any help would be much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total Solved: Windows keep closing - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp K CN GA HE Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Windows keep closing

Try firefox:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Or try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-keep-closing.1017863/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey Everyone

I am having a bit of an issue with my windows XP Pro, moreso my Internet Explorer 6, and it is becoming quite the annoyance. Since I have finished putting together my computer (about a week) I have been having an issue that when I click on a link, such as a comments link on a movible type website, or a delete button, anything really that has to open another specially sized window, it immediately closes itself and the only way to open it is to right click and select open in new window. This is quite frusterating since I am trying to operate my own blog, I can't delete anything! I have Service Pack 2 if that helps any. Any adive would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

A:Magic Closing Windows

get rid of sp2 its nothing but a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/magic-closing-windows.275907/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

Whenever I have more than one firefox browser open (multiple windows), and I close one of them, they all close with it. This doesn't always happen but it has been happening a lot lately and it is getting on my nerves. Would anyone have any idea as to why?

Thank you,
CMA

A:Problem with the windows closing....

Are you closing the window while the page is still loading? On some rare occassions, I have noticed that this will cause either Firefox or Java (I don't know who's the culprit) to crash.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/problem-with-the-windows-closing-71901.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at times while I'm listening to music. Why is this happening? I kept thinking that system updates would eventually resolve the issue, but they haven't, despite many updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/70164-windows-10-apps-keep-closing.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have noticed for about a month now, When I am playing poppit and I try to open a new window to check my email it automatically closes out my open poppit game, and changes to my inbox sign-in page. Use to I could play poppit and open another window to check my hotmail and the game window stayed open. Does anyone know why this keeps happening to me? It's very frustrating for me. {Poppit is just one exsample}

Relevancy 39.56%

An odd thing as occured in the past week.
I am using Vista 64bit OS.
As we all know, when we click the (x) in the upper right to close a web page, it should close on one click. Also when going to the task bar and right clicking to close the page.
It is taking me three or more clicks to close the page. The back arrow seems un-affected. The open web page seems to hang and then closes.
I have no problems in closeing normal windows within the os.
I've checked for malware using malwarebytes and nothing comes up. I also have no viruses according to my payed version of AVG. I keep my system clean of junk files etc.

Any advice and or guidedence would be great.
Thank you.

Regards
Ernest

A:Web Page Windows not closing

Hi, what Internet browser are you using to start off with (IE, FG, GC etc.)?
Have you made sue Windows and your broswer are completely up to date?
Does this happen on all user accounts (you can test this using the guest account which you can disable afterwards if you want)?

Please post back with your results.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/273580-web-page-windows-not-closing.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Windows is shutting down as if I requested it Gives me the same window you get that has logoff restart stand by and cancel only it won t allow me to do any of this Of course this happens at my parents home while they are gone and while trying to figure it out what the problem is they windows closing now message. is Help! call amp ask me to send them something via email so I rush home to do so on my own pc I will now take mine back to their house and return to techguy for some help I hope more details Windows starts up and gives me about windows is now closing message. Help! minutes to get somewhere before and once I get the msg then pc is frozen I did make a change to to the power options in control panel when this all started a happen Uncharged the options so that I was prompted for the action to take when windows is now closing message. Help! using the power button Prior to that is just said it was closing and did Now it hangs there Also I have to wait full minutes or moreto start up again because if I don t and retry it too soon a system window pops up that is split into rows in different colors Blue color says monitor is fine Then there is a green and a red one One of those will say to to check my pc connection as if something is unplugged I have tried restoring and it did nothing I have tried safe mode Nothing Before I left to come and get my pc I was trying to get as far as a hijack log but didn t get that done yet Don t think it has anything to do with that anyhow nbsp

A:windows is now closing message. Help!

What message do you get?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-now-closing-message-help.408186/
Relevancy 39.56%

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee.

A:Windows Explorer Keeps Closing

When I try to open a media file (video-audio) it comes up with the message, windows explorer must close then gives me an option to send an error report i have ran, adaware se, spybot, bugdoctor and mcafee. What operating system are you using?If it is XP or XP Pro, go to system restore and pick a restore date from before you began experiencing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21628/windows-explorer-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 39.56%

Using windows 2000. I keep getting the following error:

"iexplore.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows"

Doesn't seem to matter where I surf to it just pops up and closes my window. Very aggravating.

Any ideas please?

Update: I've discovered that the problem lies in the file called ntdll.dll. I cannot simply delete it and replace it unfortunately. I have recently done a reformat and clean install of windows. Got all IE and windows security updates. I have no idea what could be causing the problem but it seems to be getting worse as I use the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-keeps-closing-windows.492732/
Relevancy 39.56%

About a week ago i got av security suite later to find out it was some kind of spyware so i got the majority of it removed but since then my computer likes to freeze up and act goofy with closing windows so i have a log file from hijackthis and i was hoping to get some help on getting rid of this damn virus. Not the greatest with computers but i can hang with some help. Please get back to me, much appreciation, Jamiealso when my screen saver comes on and i come back to the computer my screen stays black except for my star menu and i can only shut down from task managerMerged posts. ~ OB

A:windows not closing and freezing on xp

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330086/windows-not-closing-and-freezing-on-xp/
Relevancy 39.13%

Whats Up Guys.

For some reason, when I'm doing my normal computing activities, my Firefox window closes for no apparent reason.

I realised I had a problem right now when I was listening to a radio station in a window and that disappeared while the stream kept on playing.

Also, not quite sure if this is related or not, but I have a yellow triangle with a exclamation point that comes up in my start up tray from time to time.

Could any of you guys please give me some help as to why my Firefox windows are closing prematurely like this and to why that yellow triangle is coming up like that.

Any help or direction to helpful threads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks As Always.

A:Firefox Windows Keep Closing/Disappearing

OS? Are you running the latest Firefox? Have you run a virus scan recently?

Also, what does the yellow triangle tell you? (there is usually a pop-up message displayed)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-windows-keep-closing-disappearing.127162/
Relevancy 39.13%

Closing Windows 10, a Windows alert says Elara app is delaying the shutdown and asked me to kill it. After few seconds this app finally closed.

I don't have any app with this name and I can't find any file on my hd with this name. I've found in Google Elara app is a virus, but there are really few results and info about Elara.

I used MBAM (latest version and updated db) but my pc is clear.

Any hint?

By the way Windows 10 is slowing down my PC. I'm not 100% sure but maybe Windows 10 installed new Toshiba apps (crapware?) on my Toshiba notebook. How can I find PUPs slowing down my PC?

A:Elara app delaying windows 10 closing

Also just encountered this on Windows 10. Wondering what Elara is. Tried defender and MBAM, TDSS, and ADW which all came back clean.

Edit: I just noticed that in my task manager my "Alps pointing device driver" has the same icon that Elara had when it sais it was preventing my system from shutting down. Perhaps not a virus?

Edited by diofuagyh9348yt, 30 July 2015 - 10:23 PM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584664/elara-app-delaying-windows-10-closing/
Relevancy 39.13%

I was in the middle of posting a thread and the window just closed on me So if I need to include anything else please let me know I appreciate any help Basically I've been having problems with Pop Up ads and windows closing all of the sudden Also my desktop disappears leaving only the wall paper The only way to get out of there is by me pressing ctrl alt del to restart the computer I have the panda scan and the deckard scan included thank you so much Incident Status Location Adware adware commad Not disinfected c windows system atmtd dll Spyware spyware searchcentrix Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware outerinfo Not disinfected Windows Registry Spyware spyware virtumonde Not disinfected Windows Registry Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard ad yieldmanager txt Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard ads pointroll txt Spyware Cookie AdvancedCleaner Not disinfected with Problem PopUps closing windows and C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard advancedcleaner txt Spyware Problem with PopUps and windows closing Cookie AdvancedCleaner Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard advancedcleaner txt Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard advertising txt Spyware Cookie Apmebf Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard apmebf txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard atwola txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard atwola txt Spyware Cookie Problem with PopUps and windows closing Bluestreak Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard bluestreak txt Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard bs serving-sys txt Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard c zedo txt Spyware Cookie Casalemedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard casalemedia txt Spyware Cookie Hitslink Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard counter hitslink txt Spyware Cookie did-it Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard did-it txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Enhance Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard enhance txt Spyware Cookie FastClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard fastclick txt Spyware Cookie GoClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard goclick txt Spyware Cookie Linksynergy Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard linksynergy txt Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard mediaplex txt Spyware Cookie Overture Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard perf overture txt Spyware Cookie QuestionMarket Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard questionmarket txt Spyware Cookie RealMedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard realmedia txt Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard serving-sys txt Spyware Cookie Statcounter Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard statcounter txt Spyware Cookie Target Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard target txt Spyware Cookie Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard trafficmp txt Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard tribalfusion txt Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings RIchard Cookies richard ... Read more

A:Problem with PopUps and windows closing

For some reason its saying that my upload fails when trying to attach the extra.txt from deckard. What should I do?

thank you so much for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/problem-with-popups-and-windows-closing-216361.html
Relevancy 39.13%

For some reason certain programs are malfunctioning. If I try to click on any drop down menu the menu will automatically close and the border of the current window is constantly flashing.

The programs I've found this to be happening so far are Outlook, Windows Explorer, and the start menu.

Any ideas? I've updated windows as much as I can to see if that'll do it but nope.

A:Menus keep closing, windows refreshing

Lets start with the biggest potential problem

Run a thorough Virus scan.

Download and use malwarbytes and report back.

In addition tell us what may have happened to cause the problem.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270090-menus-keep-closing-windows-refreshing.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows continue to appear sometimes as many as until I am able to shut down the computer It doesn't do this every time upon closing but does happen often Superantispyware and CCleaner have been closing windows continually upon new opens IE run Symantec runs perpetually Here is my log file Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system atiptaxx exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXEC Documents and Settings cslawson Desktop IE continually opens new windows upon closing HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http IE continually opens new windows upon closing education dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lsu edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http education dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exeO - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat AcroIE... Read more

A:IE continually opens new windows upon closing

Hello kchate5,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213878/ie-continually-opens-new-windows-upon-closing/
Relevancy 39.13%

Help.
I can open the store, but as soon as I try to download anything, the app closes. I have signed out and back in with a different account, but no luck. Current apps update, but cannot add another app. Any ideas?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435427-windows-phone-store-closing.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I do data entry in a software that it opens 4 windows. Somtimes it freeses up or one of the windows does not respond. I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and Task manager and close all windows there to get myself to desktop and run the software again. I am thinking of writing an script and assign it to keys (Ctrl+C) to do this job for me. How can I write a script to close all windows so I can start the software from the desktop. Thanks

A:Script for closing windows not responding

Use Taskkill :
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

here for more howto :
http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips446.html

Couldn't you prevent the software from hanging in the first time ? Maybe update it or something ? What's the program and what are your system specifications ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/script-for-closing-windows-not-responding-150127.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I'm running Windows on a Lenovo Ideapad S p Touch gb hdd gb ram Programs keeps closing at random At first I thought it was just the browsers so I reinstalled both Chrome and Firefox However the problem keeps persisting and is also happening with other applications including Outlook task manager PC Settings etc I ran Programs randomly Windows - keep 8.1 closing Panda Cloud Cleaner to no avail I ran malwarebytes which closed after it had completed the full scan and was in the process of cleaning In safemode ran malwarebytes it kept trying close during the scan but the confirmation window popped up you are running a scan would you still like to close prevented it from closing completely and it was finally able to complete scan and I quarantined all it found In safemode I ran Vipre Rescue It found and cleaned some issues I rebooted in normal mode and the problem persists In safemode I ran updates rebooted to normal mode - problem persists I have restored to earlier restoration point where everything was working fine the problem persisted so I ran all of the other scans again I've run Trend Micro Housecall - it found nothing I'm at a loss I'm close to wiping everything out and reinstalling the OS but I don't want to lose the apps that came with the system plus I would have to dig for the discs of the apps I've installed they're in box from a recent move but I really am trying to avoid that as I just had surgery yesterday and should be taking it easy I hope someone can help me I really need to get this together soon Here I am laid up and can't even use my puter I'm posting from a backup puter which is useless because it overheats and shuts down I will be very grateful for any assistance in this matter Thanks I think I covered everything if I remember more I'll edit later

A:Programs keep randomly closing - Windows 8.1

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592037/programs-keep-randomly-closing-windows-81/
Relevancy 39.13%

Recently, when I close out of a program there is quite a bit of delay in closing and it looks like one is pulling the blind down as it closes slowly. My CPU does not seem to be running high and I seem to have plenty of ram. I have run my ad-ware, spyware, and norton anti-virus and find no proelem. Any idea how to fix this? I have rebooted a bouple of times also.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Jim Harding

A:Open windows are closing very slowly

Perhaps no one has an idea?
Thanks for any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-windows-are-closing-very-slowly.588646/
Relevancy 39.13%

i have a little box that opens up briefly in the upper rt corner of my pc then other time I have connections and pages I never openedalwarebytes Anti-Malwarewww malwarebytes orgScan Date Scan Time AMLogfile malware log txtAdministrator YesVersion Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License TrialMalware Protection EnabledMalicious Website Protection EnabledSelf-protection DisabledOS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFSUser loganScan Type Threat ScanResult CompletedObjects Scanned Time Elapsed min secMemory EnabledStartup EnabledFilesystem EnabledArchives EnabledRootkits DisabledHeuristics EnabledPUP EnabledPUM EnabledProcesses No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end AdwCleaner v - Report created at Updated by Xplode Operating System Windows Home Premium Service windows closing opening pc crazy gone Pack bits Username logan - LOGAN-PC Running from C Users logan AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE SSKENGC adwcleaner exe Option Clean Services Files Folders Shortcuts Registry Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes protector dll protectorbhoKey Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes protector dll protectorbho Key Deleted HKCU Software AppDataLow SoftwareKey Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Software Browsers - Internet Explorer v - Google Chrome v AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - pc gone crazy opening closing windows octets - EOF - C AdwClean Results of screen s Security Check version nbsp nbsp Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled nbsp nbsp Internet Explorer nbsp Antivirus Firewall Check u nbsp Windows Firewall Enabled nbsp Norton Internet Security nbsp nbsp avast Antivirus nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Antivirus up to date nbsp nbsp Anti-malware Other Utilities Check u nbsp MVPS Hosts File nbsp nbsp Java TM Update nbsp nbsp Java version out of Date nbsp Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date pc gone crazy opening closing windows nbsp Google Chrome nbsp nbsp Google Chrome nbsp Process Check objlist pc gone crazy opening closing windows exe by Laurent u nbsp nbsp Norton ccSvcHst exe nbsp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe nbsp nbsp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe nbsp nbsp Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe nbsp nbsp nbsp AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe nbsp nbsp AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe nbsp nbsp AVAST Software Avast avastui exe nbsp System Health check u nbsp Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log u er AdwCleaner S txt - octets

A:pc gone crazy opening closing windows

Hello and welcome to Computer Hope Forum. My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer. 1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line. *************************************************************************The Security log shows you have two Anti-virus programs on your computer; Norton Internet Security and  avast! Antivirus. Please make sure that only AV is active at any time on your computer otherwise, they will cause conflicts.Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.?Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.?Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.?Temporarily disable your Antivirus and any Antispyware real time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.?Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator?The tool will open and start scanning your system.?Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.?On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.?Copy and Paste the JRT.txt log into your next message.***********************************************Update Your Java (JRE)Old versions of Java have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.First Verify your Java VersionIf there are any other version(s) installed then update now.Get the new version (if needed)If your version is out of date install the newest version of the Sun Java Runtime Environment.Note: UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software offered with the Java update. The pre-checked toolbars/software are not part of the Java update.Be sure to close ALL open web browsers before starting the installation.Remove any old versions1. Download JavaRa and unzip the file to your Desktop.2. Open JavaRA.exe and choose Remove Older Versions3. Once complete exit JavaRA.Additional Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click OK and reboot your computer.*************************************************Update your Adobe Reader. get.adobe.com/reader.Be sure to uncheck the Free McAfee Security Scan so it isn't installed.************************************************Malwarebytes' Anti-RootkitPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page for performing a scan.Caution: This is a beta version so... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,144697.0.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Just started a few days ago, driving me up the wall. Click on the little x and nothing happens for 2 to 3 seconds. BUT ..... not on all windows. For example, I can quickly close out of say Outlook Express and other apps. But not web pages. ??? Any ideas Please?

One other off topic question re. changing my email address. Just tried and failed for some dumb reason. Message I get is that the email is already in use. Well of course it is. It's mine. ?? Also being asked for password. I don't need to change that but if I'm in my accounts, I must have been logged in so why ask for a password?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hanging-a-few-seconds-before-closing.639602/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have accounts on my computer One is mine and it is passworded The other is a Guest account for anyone else It used to be setup so that welcome Windows closing screensaver screen when when the computer turns on the welcome screen shows the accounts and lets you chose what one you want That part still works fine The computer is set to go into screen saver mode when idle for minutes When I try and get back out of screen saver it used to go to the Welcome screen again and let me chose what account to open Now it just asks for my password and allows no access to the other accounts untill I have loged in first then swaped accounts Anyone have any idea how to sort it so it goes back to the Welcome Windows welcome screen when closing screensaver screen as it used to I really have no idea how I did it in the first place and I dont remember changing any settings anywhere that may have caused it to change Thanks in advance Jamie nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

since downloading IE8, every time I close a window or tab I get an error message. I think it might be a driver incompatibility. Ideas or suggestions on how to remedy?
I also think you should be able to go back to IE7, but I can't seem to do that either.

A:IE8 errors when closing tabs/windows

What error message do you get?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-errors-when-closing-tabs-windows-370997.html
Relevancy 39.13%

when I turn my computer on the icons and windows open and close by themselves very fast and sometimes at the end of this there will be a couple of beeps. It only lasts about 30 seconds. I have vipre antivirus, I have 44 gb free of 77gb total memoery. I have called the teck from my internet provider and they checked it and said there were no viruses. Can you tell me what may be causing this problem.

A:icons and windows opening and closing by themselves

more info needed to get to the issue. let us start with what operation system u r running? does the computer restart after that or do u see a blue screen with some text?
if you can install malwarebyte from http://malwarebytes.org/ & run it that will be great. that will clean lots of spoywares & malwares from your pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-and-windows-opening-and-closing-by-themselves.808143/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi
I have been having some problems with my laptop. I have a Sony xperia z and need to update its software but whenever I load the program it uses to manage files on it- Sony pc companion- Windows will pop up a little window saying its not responding withing a few seconds of it loading and closes the program. I try this with a few other programs and this is a re-occuring problem with quite a few of the ones i tested. Sony pc companion isnt a resource intensive program at all and i have nothing else running at the same time. I ran AVG just in case but nothing showed up.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED!

Thanks

A:Solved: Windows keeps closing all my programs!

I forgot to mention i have uninstalled and reinstalled it with no effect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-keeps-closing-all-my-programs.1095404/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello. So this is my next similiar topic here, last topic was closed. I will be very greatful to answer last time. This time i add one important simple info.
Problem was with Automatic repair during 1 boot.
Everytime i was restarting properly Windows 10 by button RESTART from START in next boot i have Automatic Repair. On next boot i was able to boot fine to Windows 10.
But this is more important info which i dont said earlier: "Event viewer showing that system was not closed properly", but it was closed properly. Where was issue? Software or hardware related?

System was installed on MBR partition.

But after format to GPT is ok, but i would like to know if it was caused hardware or software.

Cpu : 4790k stock good temps
Ram: 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx
Psu: Corsair 750 RM
Mb: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2 UEFI
SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-was-not-closing-restarting-properly-1100793.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi everyone I m in desperate need of help regarding Hijack this A blank internet explorer page keeps popping up just one and blank using closing Hijack windows need I help IE everyone time i close it it keeps coming up I did some research trying to see how to get rid of and it I need help closing blank IE windows using Hijack all led to hijack this I m not exactly I need help closing blank IE windows using Hijack good with computers so i ve scanned and saved the log for anyone willing to help me out possibly Please if you can take the chance to look it over because my antivirus software isnt able to update Oh and I ve attached the logfile Thanks again Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers I need help closing blank IE windows using Hijack exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exe C Program Files sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Content Folder Watcher VCFw exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D -... Read more

A:I need help closing blank IE windows using Hijack

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397345/i-need-help-closing-blank-ie-windows-using-hijack/
Relevancy 39.13%

My XPS began typing amp opening amp closing windows on it s own yesterday It also stopped recognizing my password System restore did not work I had a own. opening on it's XPS & Typing, 13 windows closing previous non-working touchpad issue taken care of in October and not long after that my cursor started acting up by bouncing XPS 13 Typing, opening & closing windows on it's own. around while I was typing or deleting words on me It didn t happen all the time but often enough Now that I XPS 13 Typing, opening & closing windows on it's own. am one month out XPS 13 Typing, opening & closing windows on it's own. of warranty it went haywire I took it to get looked at amp it did the same thing for them They were able to get the password to work but all the problems occurred to the point where the repair guy asked if I had spilled anything on it I didn t or knew someone who would mess with it no one has access to it but me He hooked up an external keyboard amp the same problems occurred No one could figure out what was causing the problems He said it could be a software hardware or motherboard problem or any combination therein that narrows it down Can it be fixed Would Dell extend the warranty to fix it or replace it if it is not fixable Please help Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986458
Relevancy 39.13%

Has anyone encountered a situation where an MPEG file will abruptly close a Windows Explorer window. The file will do this both over my network or while trying to access it from a CD on one of my computers. The PC that has the file on it has no problem with keeping it up on a Windows Explorer Window, or running it with a media program. Both computers are running the same version of Windows XP Professional. As soon as the folder is accessed over the network, Windows Explorer closes on the computer. The same situation occurs when the MPEG file is accessed by CD. The file has been scanned for viruses with multiple checkers, and seems fine. The MPEG file also plays fine in a portable DVD player. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

A:Windows Explorer abruptly closing

Welcome to TSG....

The MPEG file if it has a corruption in it it might play ok in a player but it might crash in a Windows environment. Have you tried this file on another computer that is either on the network and also off the network?

Can you open the MPEG file with an editor program to check to see if it is a good file? Try copying it from the CD-R or DVD to the hard drive to a special directory you have set up. If it does not copy then the file is no good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-abruptly-closing.515789/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All!
For some reason today my computer likes to close the internet browsers on it's own. I use IE- the version used in 2004. When i've been playing games, doing research, anything the windows close- all of them. And then a window opens to say i've chosen to end the unresponsive program and asking me to send an error report. I never chose to close the program, it happens on its own. Do I have too many things running at once or any other ideas? Thank you much :0)

A:Self-Closing Internet Explorer Windows

Hi let us have some Pc specs.
Make..model..hard drive size..free space..Installed Ram etc.
Installed Anti-virus and Spyware programs??
Check Task Manager to see what processes are running.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323527

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/self-closing-internet-explorer-windows.715090/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi This one Closing Auto Windows Explorer will make ya brain fry My problem is this and it can happen at anytime I click to launch any program and it pops up and then autyomaticlly shuts its the same for anything lets say i have dreamweaver open and IE windows if the problemhits me I wont be able to open any other window what Explorer Windows Auto Closing so ever Explorer Windows Auto Closing the only way to get a new program or window open is to shut one of the window or programs that i already have open I have already friend up in the desktop memory dump but this didnt help This is a brand new laptop from dell with gigs ram I have run a hijackthis for you to see Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Spark Spark exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gravytrain-ltd com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows De... Read more

A:Explorer Windows Auto Closing

It's a bit tedious as a troubleshooting method, but often the only effective way to sort such things out.

Try "clean booting":

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.

See this link for detailed information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-windows-auto-closing.586706/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys. I have this really big problem that has been bugging me for about a year. I'm sure I have no viruses, spyware , adware and I even checked no malware. I'm having the same problem as this person http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/722359-solved-explorer-exe-crashes-everytime.html I've followed some of the things stated in that topic but I still can't manage to fix the crashing when opening my computer, recycle bin. And other things :S Please Help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-crashes-when-closing-windows.770355/