Windows Support Forum

Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

Q: Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

I want to make my IDE the primary hard drive and SATA the secondary. By default windows selects the SATA but I have issues with partitions and I want to use the IDE instead.
In my advanced features bios I am given three boot devices to choose as I will, but if I want to boot from a hard drive it doesn't give me a choice so it selects primary device being the SATA.
The standard cmos features show the SATA on channel 0 master and i'm given three options - none, auto and manual. Nowhere do I see an option to change the IDE to primary. How do I do this?
I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l mobo

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

In the Advanced BIOS Features you have First boot device; Second boot device; Third boot device. Take a look at the item just above those: Hard Disk Boot Priority

Highlight it and press "Enter." You should see all your hard drives listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-change-boot-disc-priority-in-gigabyte-bios.151847/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi All - I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Before installing everything I wanted to partition the hard drive, for various reasons. To do so, I installed EASUS Pro. (Have used that many, many times on my W7 PC without a problem.) Anyway, it went away to resize the boot partition and now I can't do a [email protected]#%$ing thing. The laptop boots to a 0xc0000225 error screen, and that's it. I entered the UEFI Firmware Settings, and managed to firstly change the fn keys to standard (YAY!) but I CANNOT use the F10 key to save the boot priority to CD/DVD or anything else, so I have nowhere to go from there.

Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have literally no idea what to do, am hundreds of miles from any physical support, and so have a totally useless, very expensive laptop on my desk.

A:Toshiba W8 laptop - can't change BIOS/boot priority

Need to back way up to the beginning. Start by telling us step by step what you were doing. Before the BSOD came up.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52412-toshiba-w8-laptop-cant-change-bios-boot-priority.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Still trying to decide which way to go to have one PC with XP and Vista 64. I kinda like the idea of completely separated installations, and was hoping to get assurance that if I installed them each on two separate drives I could control which OS started simply by changing the bootable drive in the mainboard's BIOS. I have a new ASUS P5E and you can in fact set the boot drive. My only concern is whether or not in this situation each OS remains completely independent of the other--ie, that XP does not know Vista is installed in the same box, and vice versa. Can anyone confirm this is the case? I am trying to get around various entanglements and issues (like the restore point deletions, etc) that can occur with dual booting in typical ways.

Thanks in advance,

Noel

A:If you change the boot priority in the BIOS, will 2 OS installs stay independent?

Hi Noel.

I have XP and Vista Premium installed on my laptop with two separate hard drives. I installed XP first on the C drive and then Vista on the D drive.

There is no interference between the two OS's at all. I have had no problem running either one of them. I don't see the need to change the boot order in the BIOS as Vista installs a boot manager and you can select Vista or "Older windows operating system" to boot into.

Even though Vista is on the D drive, it fools itself into believing it is the C drive. I don't know how this works, but it does. (eg: When using windows explorer under vista, XP is on the D drive).

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Snark

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/131819-if-you-change-boot-priority-bios-will-2-os-installs-stay-independent.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 motherboard MA785GM-USTH. I have tried several times to set the BIOS to boot first from a cd/dvd. It does not change the boot order. I continues to boot from my hard drive. I want to boot from a UBUNTU CD and I can't. Can someone help?

A:My Gigabyte BIOS won't change the boot order

My short answer here to this, is that it sounds like your BIOS needs a swift kick in the pants! Maybe the BIOS just needs a jump start, maybe to get things back on track. This is just a real quick little fix, if it works.

1. Remove the computer from power, unplug the power cord from the power supply.

2. Take the side panel off your computer case, exposing the guts of the machine.

3. Look for the motherboard, then look for a small shiny chrome colored battery.

4. Remove that chrome colored battery off the motherboard.

5. With the battery removed, take your hand and press the (power) button on the front of the case.

6. Keep that button depressed and or pushed for approx. 30 to 40 seconds, while your computer BIOS is drained of it's power and hopefully it's current setting.

7. Let off the (power) button, replace the chrome battery back onto the motherboard, replace the side panel of the case and reconnect the computer power cord to the back of the power supply.

Now turn on your computer and see if that helped take care of some things! Again, this is just one of those quick fixes that may or may not always work.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gigabyte-bios-wont-change-the-boot-order.164757/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi people. I'm either having a brain fart, or my BIOS is not working correctly.My BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. G74Sx.201, 4/27/2011I need to boot from DVD to install a Linux Distro.When I go to my BIOS, and I look at the boot options, I don't see the option for my DVD drive. I took some photos of the options in my BIOS. Can someone assist me in figuring out how to boot from disc?CPU-ID Info - http://valid.canardpc.com/d0litf Screenshots (1400 pixels wide)http://i.imgur.com/jvENq9K.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/MdUKJth.jpg?1 Also, once the changes are made... what key do I press during start-up to get the boot menu? The way it is now, both F2 & Del bring me to the BIOS. Thank you ExplodingMonkey

A:Assistance to change settings in BIOS, to boot from disc

Are you sure it isn't the second option?

sata: hl-dt-stdvdram gt34n 

A quick google says that's a dvd drive, plus there's dvd in the name.  Try that and see what you come up with.

Once you set it to boot from disk (first) it will boot from the disk, in some instances it may prompt you to press "any" or a specific key in order to confirm the boot.  You won't change the key, it'll still be f2 or esc to get back to that screen.  The bios screen just lets you select the order in which devices are booted, you'll want to set your dvd to boot first of course.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564441/assistance-to-change-settings-in-bios-to-boot-from-disc/
Relevancy 75.25%

Well, I'm trying to boot Ubuntu Live CD upon startup, but Windows Vista loads, not the CD. i was told to change Boot Priority to CD from BIOS, but I don't see a Boot Priority line. Any advice?

A:How do you change Boot Priority to CD?

When you first turn on your computer, you should see something like press F1 to enter setup or another key combination. Press it to go into Bios setup. Inside you will see a menu for boot options. Change the list to have CD-ROM first, then Hard Drive. You will see what I mean when you go into the Bios screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-boot-priority-to-cd.678470/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Gigabyte 970A-UD3 that refuses to Boot from Disc. Trying to run Memtest (before it was Windows 7 disc, had to install OS from inside OS) and the darn thing wont boot up the disc or give me the option to press any key to boot from disc. Even hit F12 in order to select boot and it goes straight to loading OS even if I select from Disc. I can pop any disc into the DVD drive, no issue. I have the BIOS set to boot from disc first, SSD second. Kind of at a loss, trying to solve some other computer issues, but am blocked by this.

A:GIGABYTE 970A-UD3 wont boot from disc

I see Tom couldn't help. Have you tried the disc on another computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/274480-gigabyte-970a-ud3-wont-boot-disc.html
Relevancy 73.96%

hello,new guy here.i resently ran a memtest86 program to check my ram so i had to change my boot priority to get the program to work.now it seems i cant change it back.ive changed it and saved it but my cdrom still wants to boot up first.i even reset the bios with no luck.can someone help me out.

A:changed boot priority now cant change it back

When entering bios you should be able to access the boot menu and select which device to boot 1st/2nd/3rd, after making any changes you must select to save & exit normally F10 key

Having dvd/cd first is quite normal followed by your OS HDD

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/275155-changed-boot-priority-now-cant-change-back.html
Relevancy 73.96%

The manual does not help me at all. I can't figure out how to do it in the boot legacy order.

A:How to change boot priority to dvd rom on probook 4530s, mod...

reboot then press F9 a boot device list will appear use down arrow or up arrow to select the dvd then press enter .. that should let you boot to the dvdbut only that 1 time.. if you want to boot to the dvd all the time you'll need to change the boot settings in the bios by rebooting then press F10 ..be carefull unless you know what you're doing it could mess up the system all together.. hopes this helps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-change-boot-priority-to-dvd-rom-on-probook-4530s/td-p/1140387
Relevancy 73.96%

Originally I had a small solid-state hard drive on this set up I added a non-solid-state hard drive later Recently my solid-state drive the C Dr became too full to upgrade certain software programs such as Dragon NaturallySpeaking I purchased a second solid-state hard drive I quot mirrored quot that second solid-state hard drive To make sure that Windows was operating appropriately I rebooted and drives hard cannot among boot change priority hit F I then showed the new solid-state hard drive Everything booted perfectly and the new solid-state hard drive was noted as the C Dr When I rebooted into bios to change the hard drive boot order so that the new second solid-state hard drive would be the first in the priority when I highlighted it and exited from it it still showed the original solid-state hard drive as the first hard drive I have never had this problem before I now have to go into F every time I boot into my computer and highlight the new solid-state hard drive Any thoughts Thanks so much Jim

A:cannot change boot priority among hard drives

Nice, you were very close. When you have highlighted it just press + on the keyboard and it will jump to the top!

Good luck! SG

edit: you can just call them HDD and SSD (solid state drive is not 'hard' XD)
what do you mean by C Dr?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180516-cannot-change-boot-priority-among-hard-drives.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello! I'm having a bit off an issue with my installation of Windows 7 home premium. I Will try to explain it with as many details as possible. I have Windows installed on my computer but now I want to change Windows to home premium , and I'm geting stuck on the boot priority change , because I don't know what to have as first priority!
Any help would be great! And sorry for my bad english.
Pic related: it's my bios

A:How do I change my boot priority to my external dvd player ?

Hi Olq8korv

When you first boot your PC you will see Boot Priority (or similar) and the keyboard key, that will be something like Delete, F12, Esc, etc then you can change your boot order.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/302447-how-do-i-change-my-boot-priority-my-external-dvd-player.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Operating System is XP Pro SP I recently built a desktop with a Gigabyte mobo I have several USB and USB eSATA external hard drives The SATA BIOS Order Keeps Boot Priority Changing internal drives consist of two in a RAID configuration There is only one operating system installed on the RAID internal drives Naturally I set the RAID drives to boot first in the main BIOS setup of the time that s where the boot begins for most of us I ve got the usual seperate boot menu that allows you to boot from another device On the next reboot it reverts back to the normal boot order I found out too late the this mobo randomly BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority changes the boot order If one or two external drives are turned on the boot order will be scrambled This is beyond insane because you cannot boot from something that has no operating system active BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority partition etc Google turned up a long list of posts on other forums about this problem It occurs with other mobo s BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority besides Gigabyte Someone suggested checking out BIOS Overlay s and bootloader programs The only thing I remember about overlay s is that they were used with an older BIOS that would not recognize a partition over a certain size A few years ago hard drives capacities exploded but a lot of folks had older mobo s that couldn t quot see quot these big drives Bootloaders or boot managers are usually used when you ve got two or more operating systems installed Could this type of program lock my system so it would always boot from the active partition even though I have only one operating system installed If the BIOS setup is always scrambling the boot order I don t see how a boot manager could resolve this problem I ve got double backups of everything I m willing to try anything that one of you BIOS gurus might suggest nbsp

A:BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority

Do you have the latest bios version? If not go to gigabytes site and download it and flash the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-keeps-changing-boot-order-priority.790564/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have two questions Why do I have to set my BIOS to boot from the IDE hard drive first then the SATA hard drive to get windows to WinXP priority in from if won't BIOS first SATA set boot as boot when my winXP is installed on the SATA hard drive What the best way to recover data from my old IDE hard drive without having my computer try to boot from this drive when my operating WinXP won't boot from SATA if set as first priority in BIOS system is on the SATA drive It seems to prefer trying to boot from the IDE drives first I am currently running an ASUS AN SLI-Deluxe motherboard with one GB IDE hard drive and one GB SATA hard drive I have windows xp installed on the SATA drive I tried attaching an older computer s IDE hard drive to my slave IDE connection to retrieve my old files It was recognized in the BIOS but then when I tried to reboot the computer it was trying to boot the windows OS that s corrupted from the IDE The BIOS is set to boot from the SATA first and then the IDE master on the hard drive priority list not the list that prioritizes the boot devices CDROM floppy etc I removed the old hard drive and tried to restart the computer again It wouldn t restart I changed the boot hard drive boot priority to the SATA first and then the IDE hard drive It still wouldn t boot without having the WIN XP disk in the CDROM I couldn t get the WINXP to boot until I set the IDE as the first priority and then the SATA as second I read about some similar but not exactly the same issues maybe the answer to this may help I still want to recover my old files from the older IDE I am not sure how to do this now Any thoughts Thanks nbsp

A:WinXP won't boot from SATA if set as first priority in BIOS

I am not sure if this additional information matters, but both hard drives are manufactured by Seagate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-wont-boot-from-sata-if-set-as-first-priority-in-bios.78577/
Relevancy 73.1%

Strange issue. Trying to fix a boot-up issue. After a good cleaning, the Dell Laptop would still boot up to DELL logo 60% of the time. Checked boot priority in System Setup and #1 was set to Windows Boot Manager. Changed the order to OS, and it booted. After sitting for a while, the DELL logo would appear again, no waking it, hard reset, checked the settings, and Windows Boot Manager was back to #1.

After messing with it, did a RESET. Same issue is happening. DELL logo stuck at loading. Keep having to change boot order to get it to boot. Yes, I save options before exiting. Restored default settings in bios. hmmmmm. Do a clean install?? And what is the correct boot order anyway?

A:After RESET, Boot priority still messed up in BIOS

The PC does boot to windows boot manager...

But if you keep have issues - do a clean install and then install facory dell drivers..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59621-after-reset-boot-priority-still-messed-up-bios.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all I have dell inspiron with windows installed in it My younger brother did compressed to I able the also in not windows boot compressed is and bootmgr priority 7 change am some files After that I am getting this bootmgr is compressed- press ctrl alt del to restart error I googled it and found a lot of solutions to try Some of them is to run the system startup repair using windows DVD or usb flash drive Now problem is I am not able to boot from DVD as well because I guess My boot priority is set to HDD I wanted to change the boot priority but I am not able to get that option also I tried pressing every bootmgr is compressed in windows 7 and also I am not able to change the boot priority possible key from F -F Del and even CTRL buttons But bootmgr is compressed in windows 7 and also I am not able to change the boot priority none could take me to boot priority setting option I even removed my battery and tried connecting my laptop to power directly that too could not help to reset BIOS setup option as I read somewhere that this could lead the motherboard to do the hardware reset and bios reset Please help me with this Thanks in advance Jitesh nbsp

A:bootmgr is compressed in windows 7 and also I am not able to change the boot priority

I'm sure you can find on Dell's documentation that came with the PC and/or on Dell's web site the proper key to tap to reorder the boot order list. And often the key is displayed on the screen immediately after power on. You'll probably have better luck if you work with the correct key (or key combination) than by trying numerous guesses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootmgr-is-compressed-in-windows-7-and-also-i-am-not-able-to-change-the-boot-priority.1104204/
Relevancy 72.24%

hey guys following boot drive off windows loading BIOS priority different / on from my other thread Re-install windows w new motherboard and CPU i ended up managed to be able to boot into windows after i swapped out my motherboard and CPU to the new ones and everything seems to be working as it should windows automatically BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive installed the intel drivers and all my old programs and settings are there BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive perfectly interesting thing is that BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive i can only boot into windows if i select my backup drive as boot device in the BIOS the SSD isnt even on the list the thing i don't understand lies in that if i select my SSD as priority where the directory of windows is installed i get a bootmgr missing error - i've tried the various methods of recovering this using the cmd and a windows installation disc This isnt a huge issue but it's really tripping me out as to why this is occurring ps i initially had some issues getting windows to boot so i installed a clean windows on this backup drive i didnt change any settings at all was only making sure that the SSD was being recognized and i hadn't corrupted it somehow is it possible that the backup drive boot manager is directing it to the SSD or i really have no idea cheers to anyone that has thoughts on this

A:BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/21826-bios-boot-priority-windows-loading-off-different-drive.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Dear All.
I have been stuck to a peculiar problem. Let me discuss the situation. I Have got the following configuration: Asus motherboard with Intel Dual Core processor, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM and one 80GB P-ATA and one 500 GB S-ATA HDD. I have installed Windows in the S-ATA HDD and decided to use the P-ATA HDD as additional storage drive. Now the problem is, sometimes the system cannot detect the P-ATA HDD, and sometimes when it detects it appears as Primary IDE Slave and in that case the SATA drive disappears from the boot priority drive list in bios setting. So the system cannot boot. Presently I am using my PC without connecting the P-ATA drive. But I want to use both of them. In this situation can u masters help me out of this problem? Thanks in advance........ Kabiraj.

A:My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Is the BIOS updated to it's latest firmware?
Alternative solution would be that you buy an pata HDD USB box and put the pata HDD in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sata-hdd-is-not-available-for-boot-priority-selection-in-bios-settings.178476/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all i'm new to win so please be patient with me The thing BIOS device boot not priority saving Windows on 8 is as follows i wanted to do a fresh windows install Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS i have a samsung NP P C-T CL notebook with windows OEM preinstalled and when i updated to the system Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS went slow and quot faily quot So i put the CD on the drive but for my suprise when i reboted the system to enter the BIOS the F key didn't do the job nor it appeared on the splash screen on samsung After googling a lot and under trial error concept i could enter Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS the BIOS via Shift Restart I did some changes to the BIOS booting set-up and noticed i have Windows Boot Manager the CD the HDD and one option called quot SETUP quot that has a quot quot quot Setup quot So i tried every combination posible with Secure boot unabled and UEFI CSM OS also with UEFI disabled and none gave me the option to enter bios with F or recovery with F I managed to install win on another HDD Main thing besides the F F F F F yes i prove all of them even ESC is that whenever i change the boot order it's not saved and it is restablished to Windows Boot Manager Windows Boot Manager Setup HDD CD Also i noticed that on the password options the one for the HDD appears grayed and as quot FROZEN quot I entered user and supervisor password neither cleared the HDD one So anyone having any ideas i want to keep the BIOS update as a last resort Please enlight me fellows i'm disturbed and annoyed on this issue clearly it's not hdd related as the same thing happened when i tried another hdd with win Thanks for reading this and best regards

A:Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS

It sounds as though you are having a hardware problem. Check in with you manufacture

If Not a hardware problem

Remove all hard drives from your computer except the disk you want to install window on.
Install window and reboot
update windows and reboot
Ok now you have a booting OS Yes?
Access you other drives VIA USB and delete the boot partitons or make them Logical what ever you need to do to get rid of the boot managers on those drives
Then re install all your drives and boot up problem solved

Password protected hard drive with out the password you might not be able to open.
you could try to use diskpart to Clean it and convert to GPT
Booting and partitioning of GPT
1.Boot from the Windows 8 install media (You must initiate this boot from a device labeled as a UEFI device, or the installation of Windows 8 will produce an error that the OS cannot be installed to a GPT partition) These UEFI boot devices will have a prefix UEFI: "name of your device", and show as a boot option in your UEFI.
2.After booting to the UEFI device you see the Install Windows 8 screen, press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt.
3.Type Diskpart, press Enter
4.Type List Disk , press Enter
5.Type Select Disk # (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter
6.Type Clean, press Enter
7.Type Convert GPT, press Enter
8.Type Exit, press Enter.

Also you might want check in with Gateway Support Forum this could be a common problems that has an easy fix. Home Gateway

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50254-windows-8-boot-priority-device-not-saving-bios.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Ok so I was being nosy in my BIOS which I now regret just having a look around investigating into a slow boot problem I have I have windows installed on my Samsung GB SSD drive and when looking at the boot priority noticed that this SSD drive PC in after loop, BIOS boot reboot stuck changing priority was near the bottom After pushing it to the top of the list thinking this would cause no problem as after all it should be the boot drive anyway I saved the BIOS and restarted My PC is now stuck in an infinite boot - reboot loop and will not even get to the stage where I can access the BIOS PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority I'm stressing out as I feel like there is quite frankly PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority nothing I can do as it boots for say - seconds with black blank screen then turns off again and starts over I know this is vague and somewhat undescriptive but if somebody could help me out then it would be a life saver If you would like some more info then just let me PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority know and I will do my best to give you what you need to help thanks in advance i Asus x -ud r mobo gb ram samsung ssd samsung tb hdd x

A:PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority

Hello have you checked out any of the tutorials here and can you boot into safe mode at all to do a system repair.

Advanced Boot Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363389-pc-stuck-reboot-loop-after-changing-bios-boot-priority.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to boot from the recovery cd and cannot. When I look at the Bios setup utility.Bios device priority there are no choices under the boot device priority to select from. When I attempt to load the setup defaults these are still missing. I am trying to figure out to to solve the NTLDR is missing error and am trouble shooting. Can anyone offer suggestions?

A:Bios Setup Boot Device Priority options Missing

What bios do you have? Try pressing F12, F10, or delete when it boots and one of those will take you to a menu to let you choose which device to boot from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-setup-boot-device-priority-options-missing-371358.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello So i have an Windows Pro Few days ago 10 BIOS priority boot changing Repair in Automatic Windows - after after i finished testing my ram in memtest bootable from USB i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD After this Windows Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS was showing at boot Automatic Repair When starting Windows boot loader starts by quot preparing automatic repair quot and diagnosing pc Then after this i get screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc And the interesting is that if I restart Windows after procedure mentioned Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS earlier it will boot normally This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows So i was needed boots to boot properly to windows After screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc i was able to boot Windows properly So i formatted disk and all is fine after format and windows booting fine But i want to know why it happened earlier That was still hardware issue Thx for opinion Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram or other hardware Also On my old laptop with Windows Pro i made the same operation i change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows shows Automatic Repair But it happened once and i cant reproduce No format was needed Weird that pc was needed to be formatted when on laptop not because Automatic repair on laptop happened once after changing boot in bios from USB to HDD and no more happened on next Windows Pro boots Any ideas Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not Pc k x gb mhz Hyperx DDR Asus Sabertooth Z Mark UEFI Laptop is old with gb ram and old standard bios no Uefi

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/41908-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-changing-boot-priority-bios.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello So i have an Windows Pro Few days after boot in Windows Automatic changing priority - Repair BIOS 10 ago after Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS i finished testing my ram in memtest bootable from USB i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD After this Windows was showing at boot Automatic Repair When starting Windows boot loader starts by quot preparing automatic repair quot and diagnosing pc Then after this i get screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc And the interesting is that if I restart Windows after procedure mentioned earlier it will boot normally This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows So i was needed boots to boot properly to windows After screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc i was able to boot Windows properly So i formatted disk and all is fine after format and windows booting fine But i want to know why it happened earlier That was still hardware issue Thx for opinion Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram or other hardware Also On my old laptop with Windows Pro i made the same operation i change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows shows Automatic Repair But it happened once and i cant reproduce No format was needed Weird that pc was needed to be formatted when on laptop not because Automatic repair on laptop happened once after changing boot in bios from USB to HDD and no more happened on next Windows Pro boots Any ideas Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not Pc k x gb mhz Hyperx DDR Asus Sabertooth Z Mark UEFI Laptop is old with gb ram and old standard bios no Uefi

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41908-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-changing-boot-priority-bios.html
Relevancy 71.38%

i have a samsung np300e4c-a09jm that boots straight into the bios (Phoenix SecureCore Tiano). which would normally be no problem because i am pretty savvy with laptop repair. but in this case when i go to the boot menu its completely empty. could anyone tell me how to fix this. i would think that i'd just be able to go to samsung support and download a new (or newer) version of the bios. ironically samsung doesn't even acknowledge that they make this particular model of laptop and furthermore i can find a download for this bios anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

A:samsung np300e4c shows no boot priority menu in bios

Here's the support page for that model:http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/sup...Apparently the 'update software' option under Firmware is a bios update.You can download the manual there if necessary. It may have information about bios setup.message edited by DAVEINCAPS

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/samsung-np300e4c-shows-no-boot-priority-menu-in-bios/2122.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Dear Experts I have a Gigabyte motherboard GA- GCM- S I have four hdds connected to this motherboard two Segate IDEs ST A and ST A GB each to be used as storage and two SATAs one Segate GB and other western digital TB as shown in the screen shot below http i tinypic com oscpc jpg SATA GB ST AS has two NTSF partitions created by Acronis one of them has OS windows ultimate and other partition is for storage SATA TB has two NTFS partitions created by Acronis as well both of them for storages SATA GB ST AS been given first boot priority in the BIOS all of the sudden whenever I restart a desktop BIOS keeps changing the priority for SATA ST AS should be first in the list from the first to the third and move GB IDE ST A to be the first As can be seen in the snapshot below http i tinypic com z png What I did I upgraded the BIOS recently and I removed the battery Battery voltage is checked as well but still I am experiencing same issue What could be the cause of this issue Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I ve recently installed a SATA gb Seagate disk amp a gb Western Digital HD suffice to say I messed up the xp install several times In the end I had the OS spread across drives boot drive and system drive unintentionally I ve also installed a new Zalman cpu fan heat temps c idle Ever since then my machine takes at least seconds from when I press the power button to when the BIOS actually beeps It also takes ages to detect my HD s I was originally Boot/BIOS time GA-K8nspro Long initialisation Gigabyte for running the F BIOS no probs until this incident I reflashed to f and now when I boot the the Long Boot/BIOS initialisation time for Gigabyte GA-K8nspro xp complains that I have a quot Missing or Corrupt c windows system hal dll quot dead I realise that this is Long Boot/BIOS initialisation time for Gigabyte GA-K8nspro pretty terminal But when I used gigabytes dual bios thingy and booted from the backup F revision XP loads fine but it still takes ages to initialise ie beep and the HD s still take ages to detect sometimes not at all knock It just seems generally flaky on boot Anyone have any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated cheers Athlon fsb s Gigabyte GA-K ns pro Rev F at the moment MB Corsair CMX - C x Gigabyte x pro MB Jeantech w PSU nbsp

A:Long Boot/BIOS initialisation time for Gigabyte GA-K8nspro

given my past experiences with said problem/board (you'r eno tthe first this axact thing has happened to), i'd say the board is bad and needs to be returned. it happened to me on pcs i was building for people on 6 non-consecutive occasions, all with the same gigabyte board as you. after much testing, i acertained that there was an electrical fault within the board's pcb and replacing the board fixed the problem every time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-boot-bios-initialisation-time-for-gigabyte-ga-k8nspro.29460/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am helping a friend whose Compaq Presario SR NX while running died and would not quot power up quot again even with the usual quot power removal reset quot process Since the power supply initially tested ok it was decided that the problem was with the system board and a new ASUS HP OEM P LP-LE board was purchased and installed This did not correct the quot power quot problem and a new power supply was then purchased "boot MB not Solved: BIOS priority" in new shown HDD and installed This corrected the quot power quot problem but now with the new system board the BIOS only recognizes the CD DVD drive in the BIOS setup quot boot priority quot list and therefore will not attempt to quot boot quot from the SATA HDD where they Vista OS is installed In testing the computer will quot boot quot from a quot bootable quot CD Although the HDD is recognized and shown by manufacturer and part number in the BIOS setup quot Solved: HDD not shown in new MB BIOS "boot priority" main quot tab the only quot bootable quot device shown as being installed and quot highlighted quot in the quot boot priority quot list quot boot quot tab is the CD DVD drive All other devices including the HDD are shown as quot not installed quot Every attempt which I ve made to quot edit quot the BIOS has failed Any help with regard to changing the BIOS and resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: HDD not shown in new MB BIOS "boot priority"

Is sata enabled in bios?
Is the new board the same as the old board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hdd-not-shown-in-new-mb-bios-boot-priority.893509/
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop has no problem before. Recently I try to install Windows XP. First attempt fail, so I change SATA at BIOS from AHCI to Compatible, success. However the partition that I want to install*Windows XP to is not available.*

So just to test I choose my Windows 7 partition. Since it want to format the partition, I cancel the installation. After restarting windows, it stuck at bios. I restart again and change SAT to AHCI. Restart, still stuck at bios. This time I cannot enter BIOS, recovery or change boot media. Assuming the boot sector has corrupt, will reseating the cmos battery will fix this *problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.*

A:Windows 7 Stuck At BIOS Cannot Enter BIOS or Change Boot Media

Somehow with guidance from Lenovo Community, I solved the problem.

For future reference:
1. Take out HDD, battery, plug off ac power.
2. Restart, change SATA Controller in BIOS to compatible, restart.
3. Check whether the SATA Controller is Compatible or AHCI. If Compatible, force shutdown laptop.
4. Put back HDD, boot with Windows 7 Recovery CD or Installation Disc.
5. Choose Autostartup Repair.
6. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296679-windows-7-stuck-bios-cannot-enter-bios-change-boot-media.html
Relevancy 64.07%

God Vista is making my life hell my apologies for all C: disc to my Can't change boot the posts I've been making but I swear those Apple commercials have it right Bake sale anyone I did a Vista installation on what used to be my F drive Now that it's my boot disc I want it to be my C drive but Vista won't let me change the drive letter since it's my boot disc is there any way around this I have disconnected all my Can't change my boot disc to C: other hard drives so C is not in use Unfortunately Vista does not want to reletter my boot drive so I'm stuck with F any ideas As a side note I tried to take a printscreen of my problem but Vista doesn't seem to want to do that in any simple fashion either A search of the web confirms that this isn't necessarily as easy as it should be I know I've seen others post printscreens Can't change my boot disc to C: on this forum so any words on this secondary problem would be appreciated Thanks

A:Can't change my boot disc to C:

Firsdt it isn't a "Vista" problem. Hope you realize that changing the boot disk drive letter isn't as simple as going to Disk Management and just changing it. This is one wya for doing it in XP,

Change System Drive Letter in Windows XP

Few ways of doing it in Vista listed here,

Change Boot Drive Letter for System Partition? - MSFN Forums

All things considering, you want to change the drive letter, reformat and re-install. Be much easier in the long run.

As for screen shots,

1. Hit the Print Screen
2. Open Paint and hit Ctrl+V
3. Click on File and select Save, give it a name and save it wherever you want (default is the Pictures folder).

Alternatively you can use the Snipping Tool,

How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192067-cant-change-my-boot-disc-c.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I errantly switched the BIOS setting from Raid-AHCI to IEDI while attempting to allow my system to recognize a newly installed SSD nbsp The plan was to clone my HDD to the SSD as the boot Won't BIOS to from and No Boot Acc... RAID-AHCI IDE BIOS Change drive but it wasn't seen in windows nbsp Initially was able to see it in the BIOS settings nbsp Long story short I switched from Raid-AHCI to IEDI and have not been able to boot the PC BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... since nbsp On boot the pc turns on and the fans for the power supply and NVIDIA cards spin but there is nothing visual taking place on the monitor It's BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... as if the devices are getting power but the motherboard doesn't know they are there nbsp Tried clearing the CMOS unplugged took out CMOS battery held reset button and that didn't seem to make a difference nbsp There is supposed to be a recovery jumper on the MB E but the pins seem to be missing on my motherboard so that's not an option nbsp I'm pretty sure that BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... if I can get the MB back to Raid-AHCI mode it should respond for me again nbsp Unfortunately without access to the BIOS on boot I have no idea how to do that nbsp Any and all suggestions are welcome nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/BIOS-Change-from-RAID-AHCI-to-IDE-Won-t-Boot-and-No-BIOS/td-p/5566239
Relevancy 62.78%

Question:
Is it possible to change the boot disc on a win2k server?

Background:

1. My harddisc partially crashed (all partitions are NTFS, including boot partition), but I was still able to boot from the disc using a NT4 Server installation present on the disc.

2. Installed a new HD, booted from the old one using NT4 Server,
added the disc, formatted it, installed win2k Server on it.

3. Moved all data still intact from the old disc.

4. If I remove my old disc it won't boot, since it's configured as boot disc. Need to change it, can't mark it as active in Disc Manager...

Any ideas? (Looks like I have to do it all over again, removing the old disc first, fresh install to the new one, attach the old and then move the data.)

/thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-boot-disc-on-win2k-or-nt4-server.151390/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi After getting a virus on both my laptop and desktop neither run not Can boot from Ubuntu disc XP but BIOS bootdisc... were able to browse the web or function properly I backed up my critical data onto some CDRWs and burned a copy of Windows XP Professional SP and a copy of Ubuntu So I insert the XP bootdisc but it turns out that my computer won t boot from it I get the error message Selected boot device is not available I insert the Ubuntu bootdisk though and it launches fine So I booted up Windows from my harddrive on Can run Ubuntu boot disc from BIOS but not XP bootdisc... the desktop like normal and ran the windows installer from the CD not from BIOS but this means that I can t wipe out the partition because there are necessary files that are in there for the windows installer to work I installed again over the existing partition thinking it would be just as good but it leaves all the old files intact So my current situation is that I have a desktop running a freshly installed XP without any drivers installed and a laptop that won t boot but which can run a ubuntu live disc the desktop can also run the ubuntu livedisc Does anyone have any ideas as to how to install a fresh copy of Windows on a new partition wiping out the old one when I can t launch the bootdisk from BIOS Is it possible to do this from a Ubuntu live disc or something TIA Tom nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have the preparing automatic repair thing stuck on my screen, I'd like to install windows 7 but I don't have access to the desktop and my BIOS has a password. Are their any ways to do this?

A:How to boot from disc without access to desktop or BIOS

not with out the BIOS Password

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63160-how-boot-disc-without-access-desktop-bios.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have hard drives with windows system on them One is windows media center xp and the other is xp pro As I start my pc it goes through the bios and then stops and I have choices Booting to the media center drive rdisk or the xp pro drive rdisk Both drives boot to their respective desktops all is well Btw i did install the systems when both drives where running My question change when boot settings NTLDR bios but 2 drives get Dual i ok boot when Dual boot 2 drives ok but get NTLDR when i change boot bios settings I change my bios from first boot Dual boot 2 drives ok but get NTLDR when i change boot bios settings disk to disk disk is another storage logical drive then save and exit it wont give me that choice anymore is shows a NTLDR missing I go to bios configuration again and change back to the original first boot drive and I can boot to either hard drive with no problems Why this is so This is my boot ini for both bootable drives boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows XP Media Center Edition quot noexecute optin fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect Thanks to all Robert nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-2-drives-ok-but-get-ntldr-when-i-change-boot-bios-settings.696849/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there I hope this is the right forum for this question My son has an i custom build computer and the previous owner gummed the computer up good with malware etc The current setup is Windows but our goal is to install a fresh copy of windows Professional -bit which we have purchased quot intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot This is a bit of a project for us so we are taking our boot can't boot to not trying order in BIOS working DBAN change time with it and hopefully learning something along the way We are trying to wipe the can't boot DBAN trying to change boot order in BIOS not working HDD completely on the can't boot DBAN trying to change boot order in BIOS not working machine but we are unable to run DBAN to do so because every time we restart the machine it keeps booting up in Windows instead of DBAN I have gone into BIOS and changed the order of the BOOT to read from the CD-ROM followed by the USB before the C Drive I have copies of DBAN on both USB drive and CD-ROM But it is still not booting Not sure what to do Cheers Sean

A:can't boot DBAN trying to change boot order in BIOS not working

It is possible you have not created a bootable CD/USB. Use Rufus for example. https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Also provide motherboard make/model please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/374050-cant-boot-dban-trying-change-boot-order-bios-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to delete all the files from an old HP XH laptop running XP Its screen doesn't work so I have it attached to a remote monitor BIOS edit? w/o boot-up How to order change boot I have both a bootable floppy and bootable cd How to change boot order w/o boot-up BIOS edit? which have Active Kill Disk My intention is to boot one or the other and erase everything on the hard drive Problem I am unable to get into my BIOS to change the boot order Since I have to do a Fn-F to switch over to the monitor I am unable to get there in time to see when to hit F to edit my BIOS I have been trying for several hours to quot guess quot when to hit it still with no success I'm not even sure I would be able to see the BIOS screen anyway - maybe you have to get past that for Fn-F to swap out to the monitor If I let the system boot normally I can swap over in time to see it loading Windows XP Question Is there any way to change the boot order from within Windows or from DOS prompts Question Lacking a positive answer to is there any other way to delete all the files from the hard drive so I can dispose of the laptop Thanks

A:How to change boot order w/o boot-up BIOS edit?

When you hit the power switch of your laptop at same time start pressing f2 and keep hitting it until you get in BIOS. After getting in BIOS I you know what to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-boot-order-w-o-boot-up-bios-edit-432871.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I ordered a Vista Ultimate Upgrade disc to get rid of the Windows 7 RC 32-bit. Since 7 is newer, they say it won't work, but I've heard from two sources that booting from BIOS would overwrite 7. Is this true? I don't care if it cleans my HD, I already backed up.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi My Acer netbook has developed some kind of fault and I am unsure as to what I ought to do The netbook does boot to BIOS and also will boot up from an external drive but will not boot normally I am thinking of replacing the hard drive but don t know if there could be something else wrong it says sometimes that it can t read it and from this I am not sure if there is something else wrong if I change the drive does it sound as though things will work I realise that there s not much to go on here but would appreciate a point of view there are also a couple of other intermittent faults such as certain letters and numbers not working and then everything is fine for a while but this hard drive thing has be wondering if it is time to get a new device Hope you may be able to help or give some advice Many thanks in advance Steve

A:Boot to BIOS and boots from external disc but not from Hard drive

Hello Steve and welcome to Seven Forums.

It's possible that something may have damaged or corrupted the boot info contained on the hard drive. One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide for failure to start issues. It's time consuming but has helped many solve startup problems.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Another possibility is that your Acer has a hidden recovery partition. If it does, another option could be to restore your computer to factory specs. It would erase everything on the hard drive and make your machine exactly like it was the day you brought it home from the store. It's called the eRecovery Management Program.

Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - How do I restore my computer using the eRecovery Management program?

Please post back if anything helped or not, or if you have any other questions..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257811-boot-bios-boots-external-disc-but-not-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am using an HP Pavilion xt963 running Windows XP Home Ed. with SP-3.
From time to time I have reset the BIOS so that CD Drive is at the top of the list of devices from which to boot so that I could boot the system with a CD (in one case, a HDClone disk cloning application and in another a bootable CD
which is designed as a substitute for the floppy disks used to access the Windows Recovery Module.

Every time, the system ignores the change in the BIOS and boots normally instead. I go back to make sure the BIOS settings were as changed and find that they are.

The thought occurs that maybe the CD drive is at fault, but I am otherwise reading and writing with it.

I tried dowloading an update for the BIOS from HP, but can not find one on their site.

A:Cannot Boot From CDD Despite BIOS Change

I should add that there is an exclamation point next to Cd-Rom in the boot priority menu in the BIOS. I'm convinced that is a big clue, because it usually indicates some kind of issue. Why is it there? What can be done?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-boot-from-cdd-despite-bios-change-454159.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I am not able to change the Priority of a process in Task Manager. I am ruinning Windows 2000 Professional and logged on as local administrator on the machine.
I get the following error message:

"Operation could not be completed
Access is Denied."

Can anybody tell me the reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-change-the-priority-of-process.242129/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello people!!!

I had problems installing windows 7 from bootable DVD and since I cant post a picture of the error because it is shown when I cannot use snipping tool I decided to make my usb bootable.
I did it following the steps as given by another threat in here but I cannot install windows again.
I think that I shall set the BIOS priority to USB but I hhave no idea how to do it.
Open to good advice!!!!
friwise

A:How to set the BIOS priority to USB?

Hello,

To set the boot priority, boot into the BIOS. Do this by pressing Del or F2 (depending on your computer) during the first screen shown when you turn on your machine.

Then look around for the option. Sorry I cannot help you more, each BIOS is different. I could tell you where mine is, but yours is probably not the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54424-how-set-bios-priority-usb.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok so I'm having a major issue with my new laptop Acer V - - boot Acer cant trying V5-571-6806 bios Drive, to Stuck Disc Windows access 8 laptop Win I wanted to install windows on a second partition So I'll go through what I did and what is messed up I created a new partition in Windows Inserted disc and attempted to do a custom install Got error because of the secure boot stuff on Windows machines I was able to access the bios here I changed the bios to Legacy bios and turned off secure boot Well that was a mistake I already had issues entering the bios before and this just created a huge issue I Windows 8 laptop Acer V5-571-6806 Stuck trying to boot Disc Drive, cant access bios think So I inserted the windows install disc again it booted on its own from the disc I was unable to install win because of GPT partition So then I just wanted to boot windows again Took out disc and rebooted laptop Now every time I get PXE-M F EXITING PXE ROM Then a black screen that says Operating System not Found So far I am assuming it is stuck trying to boot from the disc Once I insert the Win install disc it boots and goes through the normal install process On post it says press F for bios and F for boot menu Neither of these do anything I tried other F keys exc del etc nothing Sometimes a beep but I cant get into bios or anything I also tried an external keyboard nothing I am burning a win recovery disc on another pc right now Will this help me out Is there a way to reset my bios manually similar to a desktop motherboard

A:Windows 8 laptop Acer V5-571-6806 Stuck trying to boot Disc Drive, cant access bios

Hello MrOldboy and welcome to TSF,

Are you having issues accessing the BIOS?

The first thing you need to do is enter the BIOS and reset it to defaults. GPT requires the UEFI firmware interface, and Legacy support could result in boot failure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-laptop-acer-v5-571-6806-stuck-trying-to-boot-disc-drive-cant-access-bios-677949.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, i have a Presario CQ61 laptop and i cant change the boot up sequence in Bios. When i do get into bios i cant get the arrows to move up or down,the arrows seem to be 'stuck' which means i cant change it to boot/start from a usb stick or dvd/cd drive. I have tried  pressing other buttons on the keyboard but it still doesnt work.Saying that though i can still move the cursor/arrows left or right,Thx

A:cant change boot sequence in bios

Hi, The boot priority set in the bios is often ignored anyway, but you could try the following. Insert the Boot Media and Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as soon as you press the power button to enter the Start-up Menu and then select the Boot Options Menu ( f9 ). Use the arrow keys to highlight the CDROM or USB Flash Driver option, depending on which typre of media you're using, then hit enter - if prompted to 'Press any key to continue....' - do so. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/cant-change-boot-sequence-in-bios/td-p/5606347
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all,
I have an old Dell laptop that is currently running Windows XP, but I'd like to install Linux on it. So I went into the BIOS, revision A14, and got to the page that changes boot order, so I can boot from CD. It says to use the right and left arrow keys to change it, but they don't do anything. So I am stuck with having to boot from floppy which I can't do for unrelated reasons. Any ideas on why I can't change this? The keyboard works fine, I can change other settings, just not this. Or am I totally missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't change boot order in BIOS

Try moving to the selection you want and hit enter.
That might give you a selection window.
If not try + and -.
Page up and page down also works on some.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-boot-order-in-bios.781230/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone! I didn't see any forum listing for software, but i wanted to boot to usb so i could revert back to win 7, I just don't want to take any chances and touch anything without advice.
Anyone have experience on this? Dell 17 inch laptop 7737 touch based  Thank you

A:How to change the bios on 7737 to boot to usb

Minimum:  Secure boot must be turned OFF and your Windows 7 SP1-64 bit boot media must support GPT (UEFI boot).  To prepare such media, see:
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../
32-bit Windows 7 or a bootable DVD will require legacy boot.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983940
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone, firstly I have an old (but still very spry) AMD 850 Duron 20gHd, award Bios with XP Pro Sp1 updated to Sp2 via updates.
Well silly me was reading about overclocking (which I know nothing about), and decided to change a setting in the bios to Enable, ummm the " CPU temperature shut down" ?? not sure exactly what it was called but something very close to that. When I hit "Y Enter" the screen went black and thats how its been ever since. Ive tried tapping delete on startup and the XP CD but nothing .. just the black screen! Any sugestions on what I can try? Thanx

Ps I've since read a number of reports refering to AMD chip tempretures being misread by bios's, sounds related maybe??

Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to get to the boot sequence settings in the BIOS and I have forgotten the administrator password. Afgter 3 unsuccessful attemts, I get the following message 50902428. Can you help me get in?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Need to change the boot sequence in the BIOS

When asked for password try 45660408

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-to-change-the-boot-sequence-in-the-BIOS/td-p/5789430
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I am using the tutorial on resizing a partition using the GParted Live CD.

The computer is an old Compaq Presario 700 with XP.

It has a floppy drive and it will not boot from the CD I made.

The instructions say "Note: You may need to change the boot sequence in you BIOS to boot from the CD drive."

I can't find instructions on how to do that, can anyone help?

Thank you.

I am doing this for practice.

A:change the boot sequence in BIOS

You need to get into setup as the computer first starts to boot, you may have to watch the screen as it goes through the boot sequence to whit key that machine uses. there are few variations, what for hit # so & so to enter setup. Once in setup take time to digest how to get round and what the different screens allow you to do. Amongst the menus you will find where to set the boot sequence, seat it to you CD drive and exit it will ask if you want to save changes. That should do it, if there is any problem or it just won't work on that machine go back into setup and choose default bios settings all will go back to factory board setup.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218706/change-the-boot-sequence-in-bios/
Relevancy 58.91%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559747/bios-changing-boot-order/#entry3841096 - Hamluis.

Hello
I have problem of could not change boot order to DVD on windows 7 my laptop is Dell inspiron 15R

A:Cannot Change Boot Order in BIOS

Please do the following.  This will provide me with the name of the BIOS manufacturer and its version.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593369/cannot-change-boot-order-in-bios/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have read many of the posts here on this subject. I have Googled and read many inputs on how to solve this problem. None of these have worked for me.
Here are some of my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 17R 5721
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8 Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A03, 10/24/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 1.01
BIOS Mode UEFI

Secure Boot State On

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 G

As so many others have written, I can't change the boot-up order which means at this time, I can only boot from the hard disk.
I am hopeful that it is my ignorance that prevents me from accessing and changing the order, and that some good hearted soul will set my down the right path.

Thanks
James

A:How to change the BIOS boot order?

Are you having trouble getting to UEFI/BIOS? Try turning fast startup off: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8. If you have tried this approach, then please tell us what else you have tried.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21771-how-change-bios-boot-order.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi. Im new here. I need help. Im using winxp pro. A few days , some of window services has changed the task priority to high level .It causing my winamp sound to be skipping, my firefox is stuck for 1 sec then load back normal during surfing. Playing game is hard since the game movement is jerky. Im pretty sure before this, all task in my winxp had normal priority. Please help me. I try change the window xp appearance to classic . But it still same. Please help guyz. I also noticed during the jerky, the processor jump up to 100% usage. Also the mouse movement become slow during this jerky. Unable to atatch screesnhot . The processes which using high priority are:csrss.exe , winlogon.exe , ashserv.exe[Avast Antivirus Service] , taskmgr.exe.

Relevancy 58.48%

When running the Bitdefender Total Security Antivirus I do it with no other processes running But it takes a lot of time to perform a system scan Whereas in Task Manager all other processes are at of CPU the Bitdefender process seccenter exe is running at Task Manager calls this priority Normal In normal mode I am not allowed to change the priority In safe mode yes But when I reboot to normal mode the priority has gone back to normal I also tried changing the affinity so that the process would run in only one core or two cores antivirus priority change process Cannot but that didn't work either I have used the elevated cmd prompt wmic process where name seccenter exe CALL setpriority is high priority and the cmd syntax requires the use of those quotation marks I tried this both in normal mode and in safe mode without success Task Manager was always set to show processes from all users in order to recognize Administrator privilege and Bitdefender was clicked in order to show the seccenter exe process If seccender exe does not appear in the Task Manager the cmd will Cannot change antivirus process priority be invalid Although my objective is to get the antivirus to scan quicker and any help on that subject will be greatly appreciated I would also like to know how to change the priority in any specific process Thank you very much for all the help I may receive PC http speccy piriform com results MATk ABbHglPGpOaGBDFQO nbsp sfcdetails txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Cannot change antivirus process priority

Hi passacaglia
Your Speccy link isn't working, so we cannot see the snapshot. Also, if your Antivirus program isn't performing well, did you try to completely uninstall it (and run the uninstalling tool for it) and reinstall it yet? Most of the time, a clean uninstall and reinstall will solve most of the issues a program can have. I would give that a try first. What version of Bitdefender Total Security do you have? 2015 I presume?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577801/cannot-change-antivirus-process-priority/
Relevancy 58.48%

How would I change the priority of a running program to be HIGH every time I run the program?? even after I reboot or exit out of it??

Thanks!

A:change the priority of a running program

What do you mean by priority? Like give a certain application priority over the others as far as resources go?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-the-priority-of-a-running-program.114733/
Relevancy 58.48%

This is my story:

One of my customers have got a DOS Clocking (Time Management) system witch was written to print their logs to a desktop printer using LPT1.
Not so long ago the Pc and the printer got damaged by lightning and I had to replace the printer parallel port ***-well as the onboard LPT1 port on the Pc.
The Pc has been fitted with a parallel- PCI card with two ports LPT2 and LPT3.
The printer has now been connected and normal printing from windows via LPT3 is no hassle.
The DOS management system does not want to print at all since it only prints to LPT1 and that is my headache.

The computer is a standalone and not networked but the 'net use' to the local IP (127.0.0.1) and the shared printer does not work.
I have tried the mode change, "mode LPT3>LPT1" still no luck.

Any sugestions? Anyone? Please?

A:Priority change from LPT1 to LPT3

I wonder if you disabled Parallel port in Bios setup
Plus removed all parallel ports in Device Manager
What would the Parallel port number be when automatically detected on next start up?
LPT1 by chance? I hope so (but not really sure )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/priority-change-from-lpt1-to-lpt3.117359/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok heres the thing, i need to install windows xp on my hard drive but my computer is set to boot from hard drive first... i can not get into bios setup because i bought the computer from a pawn shop and they didnt give me a password to it.... I can however hit esc to see boot menu... but i cant seem to move the devices around....
PhoenixBios 4.0 release 6.0
heres what it looks like

1. +Hard Drive
2. +Removable Drives
3. CDROM Drive
4. LAN (something like that, irrelevant)

is there a hotkey to move these guys around? ive pretty much hit every key on my keyboard to no avail... moving to number 3 and hitting enter doesnt help either. plz reply , any help works... i havent called hp for password to bios because they will require some type of receipt or something to prove i didnt steal it.... i didnt keep my receipt from the pawn shop

thx in advance

A:Change laptop to boot from cd first without entering bios?

You've tried the corresponding 1,2,3,4 numbers? Or hilight the device you want to boot first then hit a left or right arrow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-laptop-to-boot-from-cd-first-without-entering-bios.78066/
Relevancy 58.05%

I want to change the boot order to allow bootup from iso disks.Keyboarding F10 at doesn' t bring up the BIOS screen, and the machine just boots into  Win7. Any suggestions?Thanks

A:Can' t enter BIOS to change boot order

@ZL1BNB?, welcome to the forum. Try using the Esc key to see if that works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Can-t-enter-BIOS-to-change-boot-order/td-p/5786042
Relevancy 58.05%

I would like to know if possible -how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive. I have already seen the option when login, option to resume normally or other..and in advanced options the list includes:

sys restore
sys image recovery
startup repair
command prompt
UEFI firmware setting
startup setting

maybe its UEFI?

I downloaded the macrium program earlier.

A:inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive

Hello Pathfinder,

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help for now.

USB Drive - Boot from in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65619-inquiry-how-change-bios-boot-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone! Ever since day 1, my Dell 7737 has always performed like a snail. Most forums recommended i do a format with a fresh copy of windows 10. So that is what i will try. I downloaded a fresh copy of 10 to a usb drive. I want to change the boot order so that when i restart, i can get the laptop to read from the usb and install fresh copy windows 10. 
Also, I've been advised to do a "custom" installation from the installation menu offered, and delete all partitions, even Dell recovery. How would i do that???

Thank you.

A:How to change bios to usb boot for 7737 laptop

To get into BIOS setup to change the boot sequence, press F2 at powerup.  You can also press F12 at powerup a few times and choose the USB device from the boot menu -- be sure you go in and turn secure boot OFF before you do.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986526
Relevancy 58.05%

Here s the deal I m administering a LAN consisting of IBM NetVistas Phoenix BIOS v mostly and there is a BIOS setting to have different boot orders depending on the startup type Primary Auto a to with settings Is it boot possible BIOS change disk? amp Error startup sequences depending on the circumstances What I want to do is disable the last boot preferences so that only the primary is used and I also want the primary to always boot in the following order Removable gt CDROM gt Hard Disk gt None I also want to disable a thing called the PXE Boot Agent which keeps trying Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? to boot of the LAN which is a real pain When I originally build these PC s I m Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? using a ghost boot disk which I have set up to Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? automatically boot into ghost and deploy a pre-determined image Is there something I can use to change the BIOS settings on each PC as I build it so that the settings above are applied As usual IBM are no help I either get told it s not possible seems doubtful to me tbh or that they ll get back to me which obviously never happens Am I asking too much The reason I need this is that if this is not done and the PC is not shut down properly the BOIS the PC then goes into the error startup sequence which automatically tries to boot off the LAN and no matter how many times the user tries to reboot it stays stuck in this loop meaning I have to go out to each user this happens to at least - per week on our PC site thanks in advance viBe nbsp

A:Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk?

You would most likely need a bios editor to do what you want to do. It is a very risky operation to edit a bios. One wrong string and the board is shot or would need a bios chip. You can repair a bad flash with a working chip but I know nothing about doing it.

Johnwill knows about these things. Maybe he will stop in???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-change-bios-settings-with-a-boot-disk.330369/
Relevancy 58.05%

This is the first time I've seen a computer with a boot order that can't be changed. It's a rebuilt Dell E520. When I go to the bios, it lists about 7 changes that can't be made, and one is the boot order. It boots the HD first and the CD/Rom second. period! So is there some other way I can run the Reinstallation CD so I can repair whatever it is that's making this machine seem like it's got the FengXing Infection? Thanks, Bahb

Relevancy 58.05%

hi, randomly the other week my computer became extremely slow and would often hang, so i did some investigating and one way or another i discovered that setting the priority of a certain instance of svchost.exe (the one that hosts the service "Network Connections" among others) to Above Normal seems to do the trick.

i have no idea why this works but it seems to, and so i wanted to know if there is a way to permanently set the priority of this process to above normal without having to manually adjust it every time i start my computer.

i should mention i tried downloading the program "Prio" which claims the ability to save settings on priorities but unfortunately it doesnt work with svchost.exe

does anyone know how to permanently change the priority of this process?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/permanently-change-an-instance-of-svchost-exes-priority-405056.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm interested in making my programs use more run faster because my computer never exceeds 30 CPU I have windows XP home

A:batch: change process priority and affinity

Run faster

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/batch-change-process-priority-and-affinity.1057634/
Relevancy 58.05%

Scenario: A cpu-heavy program - which windows often reports as "not responding" because it takes time to process stuff - for which I want to change the process priority to anything I please.
Issue: Even if I don't change process priority for the program, Win8 thinks he's the boss and decides to put it at "below normal", which has an impact on the performance of the program. If I change priority, it will just put it back to below normal -.-
Details: I'm the boss, and I want to give that program as much power as I want.

Quest: Fix this issue.
Reward: You'll be an awesome person for the rest of your life.

VLV

A:Win8 changes process priority. I change it. Repeat.

Process Lasso allows you to force process priorities.

Process Lasso - Automate and optimize process priorities, CPU affinities, power profiles, and more!

I've been using this program for years to optimize my PC for gaming.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45450-win8-changes-process-priority-i-change-repeat.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am running windows XP on an HP Pavilion Notebook model zx5160us with 2 GB of RAM and a Radeon Mobility 9200 Video Card and a Pentium 4 Processor. When tying to change the priority for Warcraft III's process, war3.exe, I get an "access denied" message. This has happened when I attempted to do it through Task Manager and the Command prompt. How do I change the priority, with this restriction on it?

A:Access Denied on Process Priority Change in XP

changing priority can only be done from an Admin Logon.

I would HIGHLY recommend you not login as admin to play any games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-denied-on-process-priority-change-in-xp.92798/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello
I think this is the right section to post this in? if not I apologize

I upgraded to an SSD
Installed windows and some drivers, then reconnected my HDD to format but my pc booted from the HDD and not the SSD.
Sata is in AHCI, HDD was disconnected during windows install on SSD

Long story short; I formatted the HDD and I am booting from SSD, changed bios boot order to do this.
Bios boot order:CD drive
SSD
HDD
Windows boot priority (in brackets it has my HDD model)

I cant help but think somethings not right? because why should my bios display Windows boot priority and have my HDD as the default boot drive? Before I changed the order, the windows boot priority would always be first in boot order.

If it helps, I have included a SS of computer managment

Thanks in advanced

A:Bios showing HDD in windows bot priority and not SSD?

Hello kazuya2015. Welcome to the forum.

Everything looks normal in your screenshot. The one thing that stands out is that on the 1TB drive you have initialized that disk GPT (based upon the presence of the EFI System Partition).
If the SSD was initialized MBR (looks like it) then that may explain the problem.

Systems that support UEFI require that in systems with mixed format disks that the boot partition must reside on a GPT disk. Other hard disks for data can be either MBR or GPT.
So it is possible (I'm assuming the Z87X has UEFI BIOS) that the system is defaulting to the GPT disk by design.

The solution would be to wipe the SSD and then initialize it GPT (requiring a reinstall on Windows and Programs), or wiping and reinitializing the spinner as MBR (backing up data and replacing it afterward).

If you have or can borrow a data drive that is already a MBR drive you could switch it for the 1TB to test this before doing all the work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369806-bios-showing-hdd-windows-bot-priority-not-ssd.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I appear to have bricked two 657094-001 motherboards in two Compaq Elite 8300 SFF.  On both occasions I noticed the sata controller in the bios was set to IDE. I changed to AHCI and as expected Win 10 blue screened. Not a problem I will just switch back to IDE in the bios and take it from there.  This action bricked both motherboards. Bios does not post, Fan's run and get progressively louder. Sometimes the bios appears - perhaps one out of 40 boots and I have jumped into the bios and flashed but still no boot after a restart. Also tried numerous cmos reset / battery pulls.  I'm at a total loss. I have never bricked a motherboard by switching from IDE to AHCI and this is now getting expensive. Any help ? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Elite-8300-SFF-no-bios-boot-after-change-from-IDE-to-AHCI/td-p/5689844
Relevancy 57.62%

I was dual booting Windows Update and Ubnutu nbsp From the windows disk BIOS change Cannot U300s: boot access order to manager I deleted all Ubuntu partitions and rebooted my notebook I U300s: Cannot access BIOS to change boot order was immediatlly present with the grub rescue promt Normally this is a quick and easy fix by booting a windows USB CD and repairing the windows MBR nbsp nbsp My problem is I can't access the bios or the boot menu to change the boot order Nothing I've tried has let me get U300s: Cannot access BIOS to change boot order into the bios to set my USB stick as the first boot option nbsp nbsp Using the small recovery key button on the side of the notebook which normally boots the notebook to the screen where you can choose which drive to boot does the same as the power button There is no bios flash screen or abililty to press any keys before getting to the grub screen nbsp nbsp I've drained the battery and left over night hoping this would reset the state it seems to be stuck in but that also did nothing nbsp nbsp Here is a short video showing what happens when I boot the notebook http youtu be FpC Deuawk nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:U300s: Cannot access BIOS to change boot order

peavers wrote:I was dual booting Windows 8.1 Update and Ubnutu 14.04 From the windows disk manager I deleted all Ubuntu partitions and rebooted my notebook. I was immediatlly present with the grub rescue promt. Normally this is a quick and easy fix, by booting a windows USB/CD and repairing the windows MBR.  My problem is I can't access the bios or the boot menu to change the boot order. Nothing I've tried has let me get into the bios to set my USB stick as the first boot option.  Using the small recovery key button on the side of the notebook which normally boots the notebook to the screen where you can choose which drive to boot does the same as the power button. There is no bios flash screen or abililty to press any keys before getting to the grub screen.  I've drained the battery and left over night hoping this would reset the state it seems to be stuck in but that also did nothing.  Here is a short video showing what happens when I boot the notebook http://youtu.be/2FpC2Deuawk   I think the problem is in deleting Ubuntu. According to this video after the deletion of the Ubuntu partitions they must be combined back to the Windows partition.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U300s-Cannot-access-BIOS-to-change-boot-order/td-p/1572070
Relevancy 57.62%

Asus G sw Laptop that I have used every day for the last years So I got I on computer Can't day! every to Help: use change UEFI, Needed to boot BIOS, from the message quot Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device press any key quot so I tried another working HDD that has windows on it same message I took apart the computer and checked the connections and cables One time during the constant restarts with other HDDs I got the message quot A Disk Read Error Occured quot When I entered Help: Can't boot from BIOS, Needed to change to UEFI, on computer I use every day! the BIOS menu It recognized the HDD Also on the Easy Flash I could see that HDD and its files Finally was able to load windows with UEFI mode I am unaware what this is but I assume it will work for now I have made no updates to windows installed no drivers or programs recently and am unsure why BIOS won t load any of my HDDs to windows when BIOS clearly sees it Can anyone help me with this issue Thanks nbsp

A:Help: Can't boot from BIOS, Needed to change to UEFI, on computer I use every day!

so I tried another working HDD that has windows 7 on it;Click to expand...

OK, you cannot take a hd with windows already installed and put it in another system then expect it to boot. Not going to happen unless the two systems have very similar or identical hardware.
Finally was able to load windows with UEFI mode.Click to expand...

This allows windows boot mgr to take over the boot process. This is not the only difference; there are many. UEFI uses GPT table, can address larger hd, and a lot more. Here is an article that explains uefi in more depth;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-boot-from-bios-needed-to-change-to-uefi-on-computer-i-use-every-day.1147719/
Relevancy 57.62%

i opened up one of my customer s ibm laptop the cmos battery is missing i cannot go into bios settings so booting from cd is out of the question yes i can boot from a series of floppy disks what need go 2 change bios 2 need repair, laptops now? boot.. into settings cannot old ibm with floppy drive 2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now? to start the xp install possibly but there has to be another way which leads me to my second problem toshiba satelite notebook if i try to get into the bios configuration it freezes on me until i hit enter it seems like its indicating a problem with my hard drive if i try to go into bios but ih ave tried other hdd i still cant go into bios again i want to change boot settings to install windows now since i cant boot to xp with both these laptops how am i gonna fix them i know i cant hook up the hdd to my desktop and install windows via usb i have a to hdd converter can i install windows in the laptop hdd with my dekstop or any other way to do it nbsp

A:2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now?

up.

help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-laptops-need-repair-cannot-go-into-bios-settings-need-2-change-boot-what-now.654397/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have a Lenovo laptop that is about years old It was working fine earlier today but when I picked it up to turn it on it was powered down and the message came up saying BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart I tried to restart and Bootmgr order change into and Boot to get Missing BIOS can't enter the bios to change the boot order so I could boot from my windows usb to repair the problem with the command Missing Bootmgr and can't get into BIOS to change Boot order prompt but it would not let me into the BIOS I tried burning a windows Disc to try that but again it won't boot from the cd dvd either I know how to fix the problem but I cannot access the bios to change the settings What could that problem be caused by Is the mother board gone I have seen other posts similar to this but everyone seems to pay attention to the windows part and not answer why they can't access the BIOS I have tried all the keys F F F F ESC Del Normally the F key works for entering the bios and the F is for changing the boot order on my machine Please help with this BIOS problem and ignore the Windows BOOTMGR problem Thank you

A:Missing Bootmgr and can't get into BIOS to change Boot order

Might help any helpers if you fill in your computer specs. Keep in mind the more information you give, the better the chance that someone can or WILL help you... Computer type: Laptop & OS: Nevada???? are not much to go on, no?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343774-missing-bootmgr-cant-get-into-bios-change-boot-order.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Helping a friend repair her pc turned into a nightmare, met my match as a pc tinkerer.
Anyway, processor had the pins bent after a bad heatsink removal and wouldn't boot.
Replaced processor with what I thought was a compatable one, now on startup it reads:
microcode failure, update bios, F2 to continue
I cannot get into the bios set up menu.
Is there a way to update bios with a boot disk of some sort or clear the bios and start new??
Compaq Presario SR 1403WM
original CPU: AMD sempron sda3000aioba
replacement CPU: AMD sempron sda3000aio2bx-n
Mobo: Asus K8S -LA

Relevancy 57.19%

Okay, i've searched for this one and can't find much useful info on this.

What I want to happen is for my WiMP classic to open at above normal process priority when I double click on associated files. I know how to make the shortcut to do it but then I have to load the media manually. Is there a way to just automatically make a program start at different priorities no matter how it is started?

I believe there must be a way to do this via registry editor. Perhaps a tray program but I hate to use a special app just for this as system load is already my concern here. Any advice?

A:Apps that run when associated files are opened; change their starting priority

Okay for those who were wondering if there was an answer to this one here ya go:

Watch movies with Above Normal priority

Having trouble watching a movie when you also have a lot of background processes going on?

Here's what to do:

1. Create a new textfile in the root of c:\, but instead of giving it the .txt extension you name it wmp_AboveNormal.bat

2. Right-click this file and choose 'Edit', you'll see it'll open notepad. Put this line in:
start /AboveNormal C:\"Program Files"\"Windows Media Player"\wmplayer.exe %1 %*

3. Save (make sure you save it as .bat, not as .txt) and close.

Now all you have to do is register your mediafiles to this batchfile. Here's how to do that:

4. In Windows Explorer choose Tools>Folder Options >File Types

5. Scroll down(press A) to the AVI filetype

6. Click 'Change' and point to c:\wmp_AboveNormal.bat . Click OK and Close.

Now everytime you dubbleclick an .avi WMP will open with the 'AboveNormal' -priority setting ! (Repeat steps 4-6 to register all mediatypes you want to be opened this way.)

These are all the settings: Realtime, High, AboveNormal, Normal, BelowNormal, Low.

*Realtime is not recommended unless you have a dual-CPU system!

Much love to everyone!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/apps-that-run-when-associated-files-are-opened-change-their-starting-priority-398241.html
Relevancy 57.19%

After reading through lots and Priority SSD Boot for & New drive Device boot Boot as Control lots of posts and tutorials Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive I'm still a little confused I worked for a carpenter Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive one summer when I was a kid and he stressed the philosophy of measuring twice and cutting once as a rule to live by So before I fire up my saw Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive I thought I would seek a little clarification I expect to get my new GB Intel SSD delivered today and here's what I would like to do First here's my system Info ASUS P Z -V Pro Thunderbolt with i non-K and x GB Trident X Series RAM GB Intel SSD GB WD HDD SW DVD Okay I had Windows Home Premium installed on the HDD but in anticipation of using the new SSD as the boot drive I cleaned it with Diskpart gt clean all Now I would like to do a fresh install on the SSD from the DVD drive and use the following xml from Keri that I now have on a USB to move the User and program data to the HDD Quote lt xml version quot quot encoding quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot oobeSystem quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt FolderLocations gt lt ProfilesDirectory gt d Users lt ProfilesDirectory gt lt ProgramData gt d ProgramData lt ProgramData gt lt FolderLocations gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt cpi offlineImage cpi source quot wim E sources install wim Windows HOMEPREMIUM quot xmlns cpi quot urn schemas-microsoft-com cpi quot gt lt unattend gt For one thing I want to make sure that I do not need to change any of that xml i e cpi source or my boot order in the BIOS DVD gt SSD gt HDD prior to installing to the SSD Also in the Compatibility Support Module of my BIOS should I have Boot Device Control set to quot UEFI and Legacy OpROM quot or to quot UEFI only quot or will it make any difference I apologize if this all seems unclear trivial or obvious to everyone else but I really don't know what I'm doing and all the tutorials refer to other tutorials which refer to still other tutorials and it has become so convoluted that it's difficult for me to to have confidence that I am following it correctly I'm an old grandpa and a recovering geek I minored in computer science in the early 's but haven't really been keeping up for the last years Any help and or advice other than quot see tutorials x y and z quot would be greatly appreciated

A:Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive

We link to tutorials so you'll have illustrated steps for a specific suggestions. It's one of the main reasons we are the top tech forum on the web.

I would not move User folders as we've had feedback indicating unintended consequences. Much easier to copy your User folders to the HD data partition, rightclick each to add to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums. Keep the emptied C user folder in Library so you can see if anything lands there and drag it over to data drive in same window.

Install most-used programs to C, if space gets too tight uninstall and reinstall lesser used programs to data drive.

To save space you can set paging file to 2gb: Change Virtual Memory Paging File.
If you don't rely on it you can turn off Hibernate in Power Options, though it is perfected in Win7. These are trade-offs that must be decided with a small SSD.

Here are customized install steps for you:

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Check for a BIOS update. If none boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. Next if an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS, set DVD drive first to boot, SSD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target SSD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. We are creating the partition here to mark it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273388-boot-priority-boot-device-control-new-ssd-boot-drive.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I've got a Windows 7 upgrade disc, so I first installed Windows XP and now need to boot from this new disc. Because I'm going from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Windows 7, I have to boot from the disc.

I can press F12 to get into the boot order selection screen; but pressing the arrow keys, escape, or enter has no effect. Once I'm on that screen, I just have to turn off the PC because I can't do anything else.

Both keyboards I've tried have been USB. I actually bought a new keyboard in case my keyboard was the issue, but the stores only had USB keyboards--if USB is the issue, I'll have to wait a few days before I can borrow an old keyboard that uses PS2.

Is there any way to workaround this using the USB keyboard I have?

A:Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS, any other way to change boot order?

Try plugging the usb keyboard into the usb port next to the ethernet port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-work-in-bios-any-other-way-to-change-boot-order.915368/
Relevancy 57.19%

hello!! i'm a newby, in need of some serious help!! i just bought a new KT333 dragon motherboard, with an athlon 2100 processor, all new everything really. i'm trying to get in to format my hard drives, and when i'm in the bios, it only shows "floppy" as my choice, and i can't get it to change the boot sequence so i can boot from the cdrom (my windows xp disk). please help! i'm tired of calling and being on hold for 30+ minutes with soyo company!! thank you in advance for any help or ideas!!

Relevancy 57.19%

Have a Lenovo H420 desktop that was upgraded about 2 months ago. We backed up everything and want to reinstall Windows 7.

But I can find no way to get into the Setup screen. I've gone to Settings, Update & Security, Advanced Startup and Restart Now. But I have no option to Use a Device. If I choose Troubleshoot then Advanced Options, the subsequent screen has no option for UEFI Firmware Settings.

I've disabled Fast Boot through Power Options in the Control Panel, then tried F2 and the Delete key when starting. Nothing...

The fact that I can't do something that was so easy in Windows 7 is enough reason in itself to remove 10. Throw in the fact that the scanner part of my printer no longer works is just icing on the cake. I have the Windows 7 disk. I just can't figure out how to use it.

A:After Upgrade Can't Access BIOS to Change Boot Order for W7 Reinstall

According to the mamual:

2.3 System Setup

System Setup configures the network configuration for the Lenovo Rescue
System to ensure your Rescue System can connect to internet. In addition, System
Setup sets and manages all passwords for the Lenovo Rescue system.

2.3.1 Launch
Repeatedly press and release the F2 key when turning on the computer until the
Lenovo Rescue System open, then select System Setup.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36505-after-upgrade-cant-access-bios-change-boot-order-w7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This is my problem I am curantly working on a Acer aspire The problem with this computer is that it has sticky keys first i thought it was the keyboard so i plunged in a usb keyboard and still had the same problems keys don t react fast when i turn caps lock on it turns it off and vise Help.. order.. Need Sticky aspire BIOS 4520 change and boot key Solved: cant Acer versa when i use the mouse to click something it selects everything on my desktop and opens it all at once So i Solved: Acer aspire 4520 Sticky key and cant change BIOS boot order.. Need Help.. thought it might be a bad OS so i decide to preform a reinstall of windows vista but when i go to the BIOS it wont let me change the boot order when i press the keys to chang the order it just makes a beep so i went back and did more research and found that some other people are having the same problem and they told me to do i BIOS flash but that did nothing this is the website http geeklord com solution-to-keyboard-lag-problem-in-acer-aspire- -laptop i am out of ideas what do you guys think nbsp

A:Solved: Acer aspire 4520 Sticky key and cant change BIOS boot order.. Need Help..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-4520-sticky-key-and-cant-change-bios-boot-order-need-help.876526/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi dear I got an Deleted language change can't BIOS, pack Acer Aspire boot - pri order 5552G: old computer that I used for perhaps Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order one year ago and what I did to destroy it was to delete the language pack somehow Now Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order I would like to try to fix it as I actually need it But I do have some issues maybe someone of you guys know I can start it up all the way to where I choose between safe mode and so on - then I get the blue screen that lasts the whole seconds amazingly enough I have Windows Installation that s all I have When I start up my PC also says two fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot Had this been as simple as the system claims I would have been fixing it myself asap The problem is that when I put the CD restart the pc is also nothing happens So I ve searched up a bit where you can do so in a way pc starts via cd so I can install windows The problem is when I enter the BIOS I can choose between quot Information Main Security Boot and Exit quot When I go to BOOT it says quot Boot priority order quot and that s the list IDE WD IDE PIONNER DVD-RW USB FDD Network Boot LEGACY PCI DEVICE USB HDD USB CD DVD ROM I can not do anything here no matter what I press It s sort of gray text what I can do about is completely black So it turns out that they are locked What should I do Have also tried ALT F the Acer eRecovery Management When trying to complete recovery where it says quot Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery can not start up quot So all this recovery stuff on Acer PCs are the totally meaningless Anybody have any idea how to fix this giant problem is not going to send it to repair - does not guarantee it Would have been cool to getting this fixed Do not have as much bearing on the PC so if you first help me - please do not use advanced computer geeky words you get my point I think nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552g-deleted-language-pack-bios-cant-change-boot-pri-order.1127456/
Relevancy 55.04%

Working on a spiffy e-machine with Windows Vista Home Basic that runs pretty Disc, Boot Disc Frisbee Recovery Disc, well After reading multiple posts where the Boot Disc, Recovery Disc, Frisbee Disc advice usually begins with suggesting a boot disc or a recovery disc I guess what I m looking to find out is what is the difference between a boot disc and a recovery disc How do I go about making one on this machine or if I even can lt lt I did read through Grinler s tutorials regarding System Restore points and all that seems to in good order But I guess I m not sure on the relationship between that and my post or if there even is one a best practice regarding these type of discs I don t have any pressing issues at this time but I also don t want to wait until I do Everything I Boot Disc, Recovery Disc, Frisbee Disc ve learned here at BC has been so great amp helpful I would like to stay on that path so any links apps ideas suggestions and or insights would be greatly appreciated Winterland

A:Boot Disc, Recovery Disc, Frisbee Disc

1) what is the difference between a boot disc and a recovery disc?Boot disk vs recovery disk. Let me see if I can phrase that in a way that makes some sense.A recovery disc is a generic term for the disk or media containing a backup of the original factory condition or a specified condition of a computer as configured by the original equipment manufacturer or an end-user. OEM supplied recovery media is sometimes shipped with some computers to allow the user to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and pre-loaded software as it was when it was shipped. This is not as common a practice today as it was in the past. I won't confuse the issue, but google recovery partition for more information.A boot disk is a removable data storage medium, i.e. DVD or flash drive from which a computer can load and run 'boot' an operating system or utility program. The computer must have an installed program or application which will load and execute a program or application from the boot disk. This will enable you to boot an otherwise unusable machine to be able to troubleshoot the OS or non-working application as necessary.Hope that gives you a better idea of the difference.As to how to create a boot disk? I will let more knowledgeable staff or members assist you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417245/boot-disc-recovery-disc-frisbee-disc/
Relevancy 54.61%

f12 and delete keys are not working on boot up but will after booting to windows...
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0) AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3

A:can't Access Bios on gigabyte mb

Are you using cable USB keyboard?

Possible causes of this are:
- you are just pressing power button on PC. In windows select restart - this is real restart cycle in Windows 10. Normal power on /off is sometimes so quick you are not seeing BIOS options all.
- user is putting PC to sleep instead power off
- using wireless keyboard
- pressing Backspace instead of "Delete" key

Try these and report back

edit: if non of the above works, try to clear CMOS (take out battery, or short circuit jumper - read manual)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63349-cant-access-bios-gigabyte-mb.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok here is my current rig Gigabyte GA- DXR motherboard Can be seen at http www giga-byte com Motherboard Products Products GA- DXR htm Socket A Athlon Thunderbird GHz CPU GB PC DDR-SDRAM Maxtor GB rpm hd Soundblaster Audigy Platinum audio card Visiontek Xtasy GeForce TI MB Video card or watt power supply for the life of me I can t remember At the moment I am looking to do some upgrades Primarily I want BIOS Flash, mb Gigabyte to speed it up I looked on the Gigabyte website for CPUs and according to the site the fastest CPU that motherboard BIOS Flash, Gigabyte mb can handle will be an AthlonXP From the looks of it though it will require a BIOS flash in order to do it I have a few questions Does anyone know of any great bad aspects of the AthlonXP chip What would be the best CPU heat-sink fan solution for it Would watts be enough between the video card and that CPU or will I need to upgrade the powersupply as well I checked the BIOS version on my system and I have F which has the correct drivers settings to be able to run AthlonXP Would I be better off just getting a AthlonXP and not have to mess with the BIOS flash or should I go for the AthlonXP and upgrade the BIOS I m not sure how touchy Gigabyte motherboards are for BIOS flashing have never done one before and don t want to mess this one up as it s my main PC at home If I want to go for the BIOS flash there are a couple of different utilities on Gigabytes page One is QFlash and another is BIOS Anyone have any experience using these utilities Which is better Also On the BIOS page of the site they list the most recent version as F and can download it which I have But it is an exe file Is it as simple as throwing that exe on to the desktop of that computer and just running it or does a BIOS Flash utility still have to be used nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

So after I did change to SATA AHCI mode in the BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as a removable device in system tray. So how do I fix this issue, and I did follow the instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922976, and is found right here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

A:after change to SATA AHCI mode in BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as removable

There is nothing to fix, SATA drives are hot pluggable so that is all perfectly normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-change-to-sata-ahci-mode-in-bios-the-main-boot-hard-drive-shows-as-removable.1035439/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I am having a problem where programs on my XP box that I am quite certain SHOULD be starting as a normal base priority are starting as high I found a post from August of that describes the issue perfectly but no one responded Any ideas why this would be happening Even stuff like notepad starts as a high priority Almost all programs do but some do not For example when I open WinAmp it starts as a normal priority -Bill http forums techguy org showthread php t amp referrerid Programs starting in high priority should priority priority in normal start starting should high Programs start normal priority I just noticed this yesterday and I believe it is what has been giving me computer problems for the past few days Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority So what Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority I ve spotted is in Task Manger that about regularly running programs that normally start in Normal priority are now starting in High priority I m running Windows XP Pro I ve rebooted check the msconfig to see if anything looks out of place I ve ran ad-aware spybot search and destroy and did some registry cleanup with Glary Utitlities Nothing has fixed this issue My computer has been sluggish and had a few problems with IE just freezing the computer up when it was working on something Other programs have done this too at different times resulting in my only choice to restart the computer or try waiting out the issue and force quit the offending program As an aside I don t regularly use IE I use Firefox or Google Chrome but jump into IE for specific websites that require it I haven t installed anything that is sketchy or should have changed this start up behavior Any idea on how these programs are starting in high priority and what I can do about it I just loaded HijackThis on the system and it started in High priority Maybe I m just off my rocker but I could swear these programs were starting in Normal priority Here is a quick list of running processes that are in high priority ekrn exe svchost exe mozystat exe StarWindServiceAE exe csrss exe winlogon exe services exe PDVDServ exe svchost exe FeedStation exe OpenDNS Updater exe winvnc exe iPodService exe APAgent exe CCC exe GoogleCalendarSync exe SetPoint exe cfp exe ItunesHelper exe vmware-auth exe jusched exe egui exe hqtray exe hamachi exe OneNoteM exe PTSync exe ctfmon exe robotaskbaricon exe winvnc exe firefox exe notepad exe Outlook exe taskmgr exe Those are the current ones at high priority I m positive some if not almost all of those are suppose to be at Normal priority I can go through by hand and set most of them down to normal priority That takes a lot of time though and isn t the solution I m hoping for Here is the Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exe C Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

I just noticed this yesterday and I starting priority priority normal in start Programs should high believe it is what has been giving me computer problems for the past few days So what I ve spotted is in Task Manger that about regularly running programs that normally start in Normal Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority priority are now starting in High priority I m running Windows XP Pro I ve rebooted check the msconfig to see if anything looks Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority out of place I ve ran ad-aware spybot search and destroy and did some registry cleanup with Glary Utitlities Nothing has fixed this issue My computer has been sluggish Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority and had a few problems with IE just freezing the computer up when it was working on something Other programs have done this too at different times resulting in my only choice to restart the computer or try waiting out the issue and force quit the offending program As an aside I don t regularly use IE I use Firefox or Google Chrome but jump into IE for specific websites that require it I haven t installed anything that is sketchy or should have changed this start up behavior Any idea on how these programs are starting in high priority and what I can do about it I just loaded HijackThis on the system and it started in High priority Maybe I m just off my rocker but I could swear these programs were starting in Normal priority Here is a quick list of running processes that are in high priority ekrn exe svchost exe mozystat exe StarWindServiceAE exe csrss exe winlogon exe services exe PDVDServ exe svchost exe FeedStation exe OpenDNS Updater exe winvnc exe iPodService exe APAgent exe CCC exe GoogleCalendarSync exe SetPoint exe cfp exe ItunesHelper exe vmware-auth exe jusched exe egui exe hqtray exe hamachi exe OneNoteM exe PTSync exe ctfmon exe robotaskbaricon exe winvnc exe firefox exe notepad exe Outlook exe taskmgr exe Those are the current ones at high priority I m positive some if not almost all of those are suppose to be at Normal priority I can go through by hand and set most of them down to normal priority That takes a lot of time though and isn t the solution I m hoping for Here is the Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exe C Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNS Updater exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink ... Read more

A:Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority

I've started using Process Lasso to push the programs into the correct priority level. Still trying to figure out why Windows XP is doing this. Any suggestions or ideas on where to look?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-starting-in-high-priority-should-start-normal-priority.857175/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just got this board as part of my new system and the bios is totally confusing Gigabyte please Mobo help bios RV2 GA-N680SLI-DQ6 me I was wondering if someone good help give advice on the best way to have the settings set One of my problems is that my memory is but the mobo runs at I don t understand all the different MAC Lan amp Lan settings I have the PC going to the internet through a router so I only need one Lan but don t know which one to use and set in the bios In the bios DD v is marked as FAIL and in red I don t want to get heavily into overclocking but would like to get the best settings for my system Many thanks in advance My system Intel Core Duo E CPU x Kingston Hyper GB Kit memory MHz Gigabyte GA-N SLI-DQ RV Mobo Razer Barracuda AC- Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake W Toughpower PSU WD GB SataII HD x WD GB SATAII HD Compro T HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater water cooling Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo bios help please Samsung BW quot monitor Samsung Syncmaster quot monitor Silverstone TJ Tower nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ga-n680sli-dq6-rv2-mobo-bios-help-please.630745/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all,

I've got a Gigabyte 790FX DS5 mobo and I was tweaking some stuff in the bios when I noticed an unusual option. The option is called Xpress Route. It's disabled right now and it's discription is that it improves video card performance when enabled. I searched all through my mobo manual and I can't find anything about this option. I've googled it and found nothing.
I just hesitant to turn it on because it's disabled default for a reason right? Does it cause instabilty when enabled?
Anyone have any info on this Xpress Route option?

specs: Crossfire 3870, Phenom 9600 2.3ghz, 790FX, 2gb(1066) ram......yeah it's a Spider platform.

A:Gigabyte 790FX DS5 bios question

Xpress Route enable to improve the performance up to 25% (on PCI-Express port)

But may cause overheating damage

Try at your risk

edit:
I bet tomshardware !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-790fx-ds5-bios-question.98871/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Folks!

I am having trouble with my computer. i could not get to move my keyboard, once it gets to BIOS....and when i get to windows, it will freeze at the log in screen...Any idea what is going on here?

A:Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SL - cannot control BIOS

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the button battery for a minute or two with the computer unplugged. Reinstall the battery and restart the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-p35-d3sl-cannot-control-bios.130282/
Relevancy 54.18%

Gigabyte 7 problem gigabyte-bios-windows GA-MA G-UD h Amd Athelon x x mb memory W psu tetabyte HD Thanks for previous tips Finally got the beast to post but having repeated problems loading windows gigabyte-bios-windows 7 problem from bootable disk Also tried with XP x bootable DVD as well as Linux bootable DVD Formatted the hard drive on another machine after each test When I try install windows itstarts to load window and says windows will now reboot to continue When it reboots it starts all over analyzing my setup When I try installing in safe mode it turns off at the same spot when loading files When I try to install UBUNTO linux it starts to install linux and turns off After each setup I tried the fans will start but I have to leave it off appr minutes before it will and post after starting Someone suggested upgrading the Bios but I don t know how to do that when I can only get to post screen without windows loaded Question is this a bios issue I have removed the battery amp shorted it when power is off Anything else I should test thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I tried to install the GA-7VAX motherboard w/ 512Mb of PC3200 ram. When turning on the power all I get from the motherboard is one long beep and nothing else. I know usually 3 beeps means video problem but haven't ever had this problem.

Does anyone know where I can get the error code descriptions for this?

Or if someone knows the problem could you please share it with me?

I have looked through the motherboard manual that came with it and it has nothing about the boot error tones!?!?!?

any help appreciated.....thx

BarryOke

A:Gigabyte motherboard not booting to bios

We would have to know the BIOS brand....is it Phoenix, Award, American Megatrends...??

[EDIT} Here is what it says about Award BIOS 1 long beep=memory problems:http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/award.htm

There is a list of reccommended brands of 3200 RAM chips...look it over, did you use any of these brands? Here:http://tw.giga-byte.com/support/support_ddr400.htm
Most RAM is guaranteed- if reseating does not clear up problem, try swapping modules and slots they are in...try running with just one in. All else fails, RMA the RAM, send it back for refund or replacement...hope you get it fixed!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-not-booting-to-bios.101504/
Relevancy 54.18%

My board have dual BIOS so I guess it means the spare(?) BIOS is the backup in case of crash. If that's the case do I have to set it up or is it loaded with the defaults?

A:My Gigabyte B75 motherboard with dual BIOS

Yes its basically your spare tire as far as motherboards go. Lets say you are flashing your BIOS and the power goes out. In most situations with a single Bios, this will mean your MOBO is basically dead. If this happens, you simply restart the PC and it does it automatically.

For more information, check this out:
--GIGABYTE--DUAL BIOS WEB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312419-my-gigabyte-b75-motherboard-dual-bios.html