Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2000 Email Trouble ?

Q: Outlook 2000 Email Trouble ?

I installed office 2000 last week on a new computer and every thing was waking fine. in outlook I was able to get all the mail and contacts transferred by creating a pst. backup and importing it to the new computer. A few days later I noticed that I can't send but i'm able to receive email thru Outlook anymore but it works thru IE hotmail or outlook express. What I get is a error 550 spam notice from my ISP.

Next I remove Anti virus software but it didn't help. Also run a few spybot scans and came up clean.

Anybody have a clue ???
Thanks, Stocky

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2000 Email Trouble ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2000 Email Trouble ?

If this is to be setup to work with Hotmail then Outlook can't be configured to work with this app. You need to use Outlook express.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85214/outlook-2000-email-trouble/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone,

I know absolutely nothing about VBscript(my srengths lie elsewhere...). So I recently copied a macro script which would enable automatic printing of every email I send from Outlook 2k. The macro works 100% fine but there is one slight problem. It first prints the message, THEN sends it. This results in the printed report not showing me vital information, such as to whom it was sent, date, time etc. How can I modify the code to FIRST send the message, and only print it once it lands in the Sent Items folder? Printing an email from this folder shows the info I need on the printout. Any ideas?

Thanx
Brunette

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-macro-trouble.158330/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am having trouble viewing some emails in outlook that i receive 2000 Email Outlook from my yahoo through pop For example if someone who uses yahoo sends me a message i can read it Outlook 2000 Email just fine if i log onto Yahoo directly When outlook checks my mail and downloads the email into the outlook inbox all i can see through outlook is who the email is from and the date and time it was received Outlook somehow hides deletes the subject and the body text so i can t read anything I assume this has something to do with email type because not all emails are destroyed but no yahoo email ever comes through POP and very often i have the same problem with AOL mail Many emails do come through just fine so i know the POP is somewhat working and like i said i can read all of the emails if i log directly onto yahoo mail Does anyone have any idea how i can configure outlook to allow me to see all my emails I very much appreciate any help Casey Edited to remove email address nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I use MS Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP computer. Just recently my e-mails appear to have gotten stuck in the Outbox. When I look at the messages in the Outbox the messages are bold but not italicized so it doesn't look like it will send. I open the message and click send but nothing happens.

When I check my Sent Items to see if it has actually sent I will see the message duplicated hundreds if not thousands of times. The recipients will receive the message but mostly just once, some have reported getting it three times. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I just did a MS Office update download as well as a Spyware Removal software update but neither seems to have done the trick. Does it sound like I need to create a new PST file and move items over from my old one?

Thanks for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2000-email-problems.312468/
Relevancy 61.49%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.49%

Does anyone know if its possible to schedule a email to automatically be sent out at a specific date or time?

A:Outlook 2000 + automatic email

yes it is

when you have the email up - have a look for options
it should be there to delay sending

However, this assumes you are on an exchange server OR your PC is on and connected to the interent at the date/time you want to send

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatic-email.537701/
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot receive on one of my comcast emails accounts

Relevancy 61.49%

When email sent, it goes to Send box, Outlook registers delivery complete, then I get a McAfee VirusScan message indicating that email could not be sent , 530.5.7.0 Authentification required. It indicates to contact online help for email program for more info on the error, or email provider if problem persists.

Has been going on all week. I run a second computer on the same line, same email account, using Outlook 2007, and its working fine. Suggests it isnt an issue with my provider.

Any ideas? Is this an outlook problem, a McAfee problem, a worm or virus? And most importantly, how do I fix it?

A:Outlook 2000 email not sending

Check ALL the account setings between a computer that works and the one that does not.

Tends to suggest to me that your SMTP and POP3 settings may differ re Authentication settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-not-sending.718510/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all!

I have a small problem and am not sure how to fix it...I have Outlook 2000 on my work computer which is hooked up to a Novell network. We recently changed our exchange server to a different manager and had to archive emails before the switch. I am trying to retrieve my emails and can only find an *.ost file to import back to Outlook. However, I do not know what program to use to read this file. Should I just chalk my email up to being lost, or can I do anything with this *.ost file to find my archived email? Please help if you can - let me know if you need any more information!

Thanks for any input anyone can give!!

KLAW

A:Archived email Outlook 2000

.ost files are your offline folder. Is that how you archived your mail by synching it all to a offline folder? Or did you put it all in a local folder (.pst files)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14004/archived-email-outlook-2000/
Relevancy 61.49%

When email sent, it goes to Send box, Outlook registers delivery complete, then I get a McAfee VirusScan message indicating that email could not be sent , 530.5.7.0 Authentification required. It indicates to contact online help for email program for more info on the error, or email provider if problem persists.

Has been going on all week. I run a second computer on the same line, same email account, using Outlook 2007, and its working fine. Suggests it isnt an issue with my provider.

Any ideas? Is this an outlook problem, a McAfee problem, a worm or virus? And most importantly, how do I fix it?

A:Outlook 2000 email not sending

If you're getting a McAfee message, I'd be inclined to think that it's a McAfee issue. The "Authentication" required may be a setting you need to change in McAfee.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-not-sending.718502/
Relevancy 61.49%

when i open outlook, and try to opena an email, outlook closes - even though I can read the email in the preview window. If i try to send and email - outlook closes

http://www.vistax64.com/software/146441-outlook-2000-email-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I use Outlook 2000 for email. I click the button to send a new message, then click the "To" button to address it, and a box called "Select Names" pops up. There is a drop down menu listing all of my contact lists from which I can choose a person to send a message to. What I want to do is change the order of the contact lists in this drop down menu, so I can put the list I use most in the first position instead of having to always choose it from the drop down menu. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 61.49%

I have used Outlook for many years as my main email client Present OS XP Home SP For some time I have been unable to SEND Outlook email! 2000 No - Solved: mail Occasionally it does go but usually it hangs in the Outbox eventually reporting that it can t find the server I Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email! had not changed my server settings but I have since tried changing them as my Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email! ISP kept changing hands - originally Freeserve then Wanadoo and now Orange This does not help But I could still RECEIVE email OK Then yesterday I found that I can longer receive mail either Outlook seems to try and connect something indiscernible flashes across the screen but no mail received - even when I know from accessing Orange Webmail that there is a stack of mail in my Inbox - mostly Spam I presume that it s an Oulook problem but haven t a clue as to what it might be Any ideas please Any help would be very gratefully recreived Thanks Bob J nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I have done quite a few office 2000 business addition installations, but this one has me stumped. For some reason even after email addresses have been put in to the TO or CC fields and sent, when starting to retype those same names they are not auto populating. Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2000 email addresses

My first thought is the Outlook.nk2 file. If it doesn't exist, i don't know if it will recreate itself or not. I do know that this is the file where outlook saves the auto complete addresses, and the path to the file should be:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

But, before messing with that i would look through the outlook email options. In outlook 2003 go to tools, options .... on the preferences tab click "email options", in the email options window click "advanced email options", and then there is the option to "suggest names while completing To, CC and BCC fields" . So you'll want to find the similar option in outlook 2000. if this option is turned off, turning it on may force the creation of the outlook.nk2 file. if not you should be able to create it yourself or copy it from another system or user profile. hope that helps, as i don't have a system running outlook 2000 available to test it on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-addresses.436578/
Relevancy 61.49%

For no reason I can think of, when I open an email in the inbox folder in outlook 2000 and then close it, it disappears. It is not in the deleted items folder, spam folder or any other. This started a couple days ago. I did not change any setting I know of. This only happens in the Inbox folder. I can not locate any settings that would cause this.

Outlook is configured for workgroups although I am the sole user of the computer.
The OS is XP Home edition.

wingerx5

A:Outlook 2000 deletes email

Hi... It sounds like you have a VIEW filter set in Outlook 2000.

In Outlook, go to VIEW and click on MESSAGES. It sounds like you have it set for UNREAD MESSAGES, which will hide all your messages except for the ones that you have not read!

Have fun and I hope this helps!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-deletes-email.489783/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have Outlook 2000. When printing an email the print changes from portrait to landscape. I would like it to stay at the default portrait. I have deleted and reloaded the printer, reset the print styles. Also manually gone in and changed the format from landscape to portrait and it goes right back to landscape. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix??

Thanks

A:Printing Email Outlook 2000

check in file, page setup, define print styles. depending on which style you are using (either table or memo) go to edit and then switch to the "paper" tab. see what is chosen there... you can also reset to defaults from there if infact your settings are off... i don't know if you already tried this but if not it's worth a shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-email-outlook-2000.239976/
Relevancy 61.06%

For some reason, I cannot receive emails now on my outlook on this pc (work). My home PC works fine.

I even run the "test account settings" and everything works, except I dont receive the outlook test message. I do the the files up on the webmail, but for some reason they are not downloading. I am able to send emails.

I get the following error.

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 27061 octets follow'

and the same message, but

+OK 3753 octets follow

for the second email address.
These both reside with the same ISP, but on seperate servers.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All,
Appreciate if anyone can help.
I am running window xp professional on Primary Disk. I am trying to import the outlook old message from my Secondary Disk which was run window ME.

After I have imported my files into the outlook 2000. Some inbox email was missing. (I notice 15 July 2003 till 30 July 2003 incoming mail was missing but before 15 July 2003 and After 30 July 2003 was there).

What I did was:

Open my outlook express, do FILE -> IMPORT-> INBOX->select IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM. Select the personal folder (*.PST).

Why some file was missing. Appreciate if anyone can help. I am running window xp professional. I did not window upgrade to upgrade from window me to window xp pro.

x2000koh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-email-when-import-to-outlook-2000.307600/
Relevancy 61.06%

my system went down, i had not created an archive of mail and was unable to access anything via safe mode or restore to previous settings...

could you please tell me how to find those files that were previously stored in outlook!!

A:how to recover lost outlook 2000 email

Open My Computer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now search for *.pst; *.pab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-lost-outlook-2000-email.220036/
Relevancy 61.06%

Any way to configure my searching to be more precise in sent or received emails? Outlook 2000 won't let me set the date range I want to search nor let me select the fields I want to search. When I go to advanced find in my email I seem to be stuck with searching "subject field" or "subject field and message body" or "frequently used text fields". Same with dates-only a few date range choices are allowed. What a waste of search time when I only want to search for the word "popcorn" used in one message body last Halloween week. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

A:Advanced Find in email for Outlook 2000

If you're just looking for the word "popcorn" in the body of the e-mail. Outlook can do that.
Click Find on the toolbar, then under Options click Advanced Find.
On the Message tab sheet, type popcorn in "Search for word(s):"
For the "In" drop down menu box, change it to "subject field and message body", then click on Find Now.

Outlook can also search in date range. Let me know if you still can't find the word popcorn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-find-in-email-for-outlook-2000.145177/
Relevancy 61.06%

I did some damage recently and now that I'm up and running again I'd like to try and get my outlook 2000 POP3 email and address book back. unless there was a file in my root directory I needed, I know I have everything, its just I don't know where to find and replace.

win98se
IE5.5
MS office 2K premium

Thanks

John

A:Outlook 2000 question restoring email, FAQ??

*.pst = mail, contacts, calendar, etc.
*.iaf = internet account (something, maybe file)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-question-restoring-email-faq.43692/
Relevancy 61.06%

Can anyone give me good instructions as to how to back up my email and contacts. I am in the process of doing a clean install of my operating system and don't want to lose my data.

currently running Win ME and plan on going to Win XP so the data would need to seemlessly transfer.

A:Outlook 2000 email and contacts backup

You could use the Personal Folders Backup

For Outlook 2000 and later

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-and-contacts-backup.213345/
Relevancy 61.06%

HELP I switched on my computer and left it running all day only to get on in the evening to open up Outlook and be asked the question to either create a pst file or use an / OUTLOOK missing Contacts 2000 Email gone - existing one I run Windows XP Pro SP at home so no exchange server I tried to open up my personal folder pst file and it was corrupt so I used a tool I found on the internet to repair the pst file which it seemed to do don t know OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing the name of the program Anyway when I got into it there were no emails at all in my inbox and deleted items folder which the day before had loads of emails my shortcut folders were still there but with nothing in them and funny enough all my sent items were still ok Also gone were my contacts I looked at all the pst files in the outlook folder of the OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing Application Data of my user profile under local settings and notice that the personal folder was only around Kb when it should be at least in the few hundered mb I would have thought Also if I choose my personal folder which I assume is the one that had all my lost data the next time I turn the computer on I get asked the same question again - create new or select an existing pst Any ideas I really need to recover the lost emails and silly me has forgotten to backup Huski nbsp

A:OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing

Can anyone out there offer anys suggestions on recovering data lost in a personal file and mailbox.pst. Please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-contacts-email-gone-missing.418485/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have Outlook 2000 SR-1, and use Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2 (to the extent it is relevant). When I go to address an email by scrolling down the list of contacts that show up by clicking on the email "to" button, only some of my contacts come through, despite the fact that all of my contacts contain email addresses. I have checked the Microsoft website, and their fix on this (OL 2000 (CW)/Q197907) for Outlook 2000 is limited to Outlook installed with the "corporate or workgroup" option, which mine is not. I was unable to find any additional help for this version of Outlook and would greatly appreciate any insights. Thank you very much.

A:Outlook 2000 SR-1: Problem with Contacts in Email

Hi lawyermom
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Do you have more than one Contacts folder in Outlook?

Open the Address Book in Outlook, are there folders or groups listed under Contacts?
If so, look in each to see if the missing Contacts appear.
If Contacts appear in other folders, you can Copy them to the main folder.

When using the To: button, you can also click the drop down arrow and switch to the other folders (if they exist) to select those Contacts.

Let us know what you find.
This may be of interest to you: This link shows how to reconfigure mail support in Outlook 2000.
How to switch from one installation type to another in Outlook 2000

An advantage of having Outlook configured as Corporate/Workgroup, is the ability to create additional profiles in Outlook. If errors start occurring in Outlook, you can create another profile to see if the errors occur in the new profile, as well.
How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-sr-1-problem-with-contacts-in-email.750762/
Relevancy 61.06%

Recently, my deleted emails reappear within a few minutes (in the inbox).

When I check the delected files folder, there are 1 or more copies of the email in there depending on how many times I deleted the email message.

This started sometime after I applied a major update to Zone Alarm and have been wondering if there is something in that update that is causing this.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-deleted-then-returns.389968/
Relevancy 60.63%

we changed our internet company and now i can't send emails through outlook express. does anyone know what i can do to fix it?

A:Trouble with sending email through outlook express

Did you change your account settings in Outlook to match the information for the new ISP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-sending-email-through-outlook-express.150238/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I try to send email, it gets stuck in the Outbox. When I run the "Test Account Settings," I receive a message saying that Outlook cannot connect to the outgoing mail server and to check my SSL or port settings, and that if the problem persists to check with my ISP.

I am using Comcast as my ISP and I have contacted them. My settings are correct (Port 110 for incoming and 25 for outgoing) according to them.
When I called Comcast they had me change the outgoing Port to 587. This did not fix the problem!
The only additional help Comcast can provide is transfering to Microsoft where they want me to buy their service plan. Is there another way to fix this problem?
Thank you!

A:Outlook 2003 Send Email Trouble

Welcome to TSF

Make sure Tools/Options/Mail setup, and tick the box- Send immediately when connected is ticked.

Are you able to delete it when its stuck in there?

Quote:

Outgoing Email isn't sent.

Failure to connect to the outgoing SMTP mail server is usually caused when ISP's begin blocking outgoing mail that is not sent through their own Email servers. We normally are able to work around this block by sending Outgoing mail traffic on port 587 rather than port 25.

1. Open your Email account properties. Recheck the outgoing SMTP server settings.
2. Outgoing SMTP server: mail.yourdomain.com
3. Outgoing SMTP server port: change from 25 to 587
4. Outgoing SMTP server requires authentication
5. Authentication uses same password as Incoming server
6. Outgoing SMTP server does NOT use SSL

http://webvalence.com/support/mail/faq.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-send-email-trouble-318147.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I'm using Windows XP Home and Outlook 2000.

I cannot see the 'Email Accounts' option under the Tools menu.

I have Administrator rights and can see the Email Accounts via Control Panel ==> Mail ==> Services ==> Properties, but not via the Tools menu.

Can anyone help please.

Many Thanks

Andy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121365/missing-email-accounts-option-in-outlook-2000/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I am an Exchange 2003 Admin. I have a user who is receiving Repeated Read receipts for an old email (sent in june 2008) in Outlook 2000. I have checked sender's PC. evrything looks okie. The read receipts appear to come randomly. sometimes once, sometimes twice or thrice in a day. Its the same read reciept evrytime.

I have not been able to find out the root cause or a resolution to this.
Note: already tried new profile, outlook reinstall, used MfcMapi etc.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

A:Repeated Read receipts for an old email in Outlook 2000

Hi satish.kallem
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Is the user using an .ost file or a .pst file?
If it is a .pst file, create a second .pst file and make it the Default Delivery Location.
Close and restart Outlook 2000 for the changes to take effect.

Then Right click and Close the original .pst file.
Close and restart Outlook 2000. Does the repeated read receipt stop?

If so, reconnect the original .pst file to Outlook 2000:
File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
Browse to the location of the .pst file and select it.
The original Personal Folders should then appear in Outlook 2000.

Change the Default Delivery Location back to the original .pst file, if desired.
Close and restart Outlook 2000 for the changes to take effect.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-read-receipts-for-an-old-email-in-outlook-2000.750993/
Relevancy 60.2%

I had a freeze up on my Outlook After using the Inbox Repair Tool I was able to save everything I then archived and compacted the pst file to reduce it by about I then tried to get my mail and it started the process showing how Outlook complete receiving email 2000 doesn't many were on the server and the countdown Also the animated mail icon in the bottom tray showed mail coming in Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email However when it Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email finished it gave a error message that said the mail couldn t be retrieved from the server It was a download error Thinking Norton System Works might have something to do with it I uninstalled it Didn t help I uninstalled Outlook and did a registry clean and reinstalled Didn t help Here is Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email the REALLY INTERESTING part I installed Outlook Express and it downloaed the mail I then went to my wife s user and configured Outlook and it downloaded mail I went bact to my user and it still didn t work All my business stuff is on my Outlook --email and contacts with extensive notes What do you think went wrong and what to do to fix it Thank You Jerry nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

hey all...

i'm trying to set the background of an email message to black. with html formatting set, i went to Format - background and set it to black. then i sent it to my Yahoo email account to be sure it worked beforehand, and it did not. so i saw a site that told me to remove Word as the email editor and try it again, which i did to no avail. I read on yet another site about how body tags may be the answer, but i'm not sure what the exact code is, or where in the email to post it. can anyone help? thanks in advance...

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with changing the default internet email account in MS Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup. In the regular Outlook 2000, there is a button in the service box for set as default. However, this does not exist in my program. I am running two internet email accounts, and I would like the second one that I installed to be the default for sending messages. I know there must be a way to do this, but I just can't remember/ figure it out. Thanks!

Best,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-email-account-in-outlook-2000-corporate.284641/
Relevancy 59.77%

when i send e-mail in Outlook 2000 and select the names of the people i want to email. I just get...yourname (email)...in the TO bar...I was wondering how to display the name and email address all at once. Similar to the way AOL does Please help me!!!!

A:Display email address in outlook 2000 instead of just names when sending

Unless you're using your company's global address list, you must have saved the e-mail addresses yourself (either in your personal address book or in Contacts).

If so, the name is just a short identifier for that e-mail address. You can change the names to include the e-mail address by editing it the name:

In Contacts, right-click the contact, click Open.
Change the Full Name line to read:

Contact Name: E-mail address
e.g. John Smith: [email protected]
In the File As line, make sure it says the same as above.
Click Save and Close.

Alternatively, use:
File, Address Book, double-click the addressee, click the Name tab.
Add the e-mail address to the end of the surname and make sure it appears the same in the Display line.

If you're using a global address list, I'm not sure how you'd change it, maybe someone else can jump in and help you?

HTH

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-email-address-in-outlook-2000-instead-of-just-names-when-sending.44169/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Vista as my OS and I use IE and Outlook 2000.
Whenever I click an email link in IE, Windows Mail opens.
When I try to set Outlook 2000 as the default email client from Internet Explorer I get a 'Set your default programs' dialog box which does not list Outlook 2000. Any thoughts ?

A:How to set Outlook 2000 as the default email client from Internet Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-outlook-2000-as-the-default-email-client-from-internet-explorer.632799/
Relevancy 59.77%

I used the following MS Knowledge Base article to create an autoreply message since we don t use MS Exchange Server in our office I don t have the Out of Office Assistant support microsoft com kbid hhmm seems I m not allowed to post active urls since I am new here the non-active link above works if you cut and paste it to your browser I ve never created an autoreply message before but I was pretty sure there was some way to do it so I tracked that down The only problem default) on mail (not in 2000 on Autoreply Outlook account came in email is that I only want to create this autoreply for a email account which is not the default email account In the template file I even specified to send the message using the account the email comes in on but it replies using the default mail account rather than the one Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) I want it to My Rule for this is Check mail Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) on arrival from this altername account Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft stop rule processing In reality part of this rule should be Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft and send via altername account Is there any way to set the reply to use the non-default account rather than the default one If not can anyone suggest an application which will do this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoreply-in-outlook-2000-on-email-account-mail-came-in-on-not-default.366288/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I am having a security issue with sending large email attachments (anything larger than 250kb). I have checked our firewall & IP - and they are both working fine, it has come down to being the computer settings. We have 9 computers on network - 6 work, and 3 dont. Is there a way that I can print out settings to compare?

Or has someone had this issue before?

Thanks,
Neddy

Relevancy 58.48%

Situation I have a domain email 2000 - using automatically on used. contact specific send Outlook account based let s Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. call it mydomain com and a whole bunch of domain email aliases eg email protected email protected etc that all forward to my ISP pop email address account default account I currently have rules setup so that emails sent to certain aliases at mydomain com which all come into my IPS email account go to their associated folders setup in Outlook eg email protected goes to the quot Jim quot folder email protected goes to the quot Mike quot folder etc etc I also have a LAN email account setup in this copy of Outlook although it s not set Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. as my default Emails on my LAN account use a virtual domain name to send within the network let s call it mylanaccount com Rather than have the emails go to folders on my computer I d rather they be forwarded on to the relevant address on our LAN eg emails that came in from email protected would be forwarded to email protected Of course because mylanaccount com is a virtual domain that doesn t exist in the big wide internet these emails need to be forwarded on using the LAN account not my default ISP pop email account Queries Ideally I d like to setup a rule with something like Check messages when they arrive Sent to people or distribution list quot Forward it to people or distribution list using the specified account quot Of course this last option does not exist You can only choose to quot Forward it to people or distribution list quot There s no option to specify the account a Are there any add-ons for Outlook that let you do this b Does this rule exist in later versions of Outlook otherwise Using Outlook is it possible to make it so that specific contacts have a specific account used when sending emails to them a If not are there any add-ons that can do this b Is this possible in newer versions of Outlook I ve looked around but the closest relevant thread I could find was this one t ---link had to be removed sorry--- Any help is very much appreciated Cheers Chris nbsp

A:Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used.

1b. & 2b.: Doesn't look that way here in Outlook 2003. Have you thought about spending $7 to 9/month per person and get an Exchange Server hosting account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatically-send-email-using-specific-account-based-on-contact-used.407241/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a situation where someone has 2 email addresses. One of them is now redundant and I have deleted it from the People section. However, when I am set to make a new email to that person and type the first letter of their name, in the pop up window (that you can click on) their old email address still appears.
How do I delete this from that list? Can find no way to do so.

A:Outlook Email - Deleting Wrong Email Entry when starting new email

In new email, start typing the address you want to remove. When you have enough characters for auto complete to show it (sometimes one letter is enough), use DOWN ARROW key on keyboard to select the address in question and press DEL key.

That's it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/360024-outlook-email-deleting-wrong-email-entry-when-starting-new-email.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm running Outlook 2000 with SP3 applied:
I'm having no luck importing an outlook PST, which I created as a new data file in Outlook 2003. I created it as a 97-2000 compatible file.

when I go through the import process, it imports nothing at all... No error message, just empty folders.

This happens when I import from the local machine OR the server.

Is it possible the file is corrupt? Is there a way of checking?

I've successfully imported the 2003 version into another PC running Outlook 2003 - No problems there.. Just when trying to import the 97-2000 compatible file in to Outlook 2000

A:Outlook 2000: Problem importing a 2003 PST saved as 97 to 2000 format

try connecting to it as a datafile ( personal folders)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-problem-importing-a-2003-pst-saved-as-97-to-2000-format.305120/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I launch Outlook 2000 the Office 2000 installer also launches.

I installed Office 2000 on this machine several months ago, and Outlook has run without any odd behaviour.

It also happens any time I click on a new email.

Although I installed iTunes 2 days ago, today is the first time Outlook has behaved in this way.

I'm running Win XP with SP1, and I've scanned with AVG, Spybot and Ad-Aware, with nothing negative being reproted.

A:?? When I launch Outlook 2000 the Office 2000 installer also launches

Try a Detect and Repair of Office.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-launch-outlook-2000-the-office-2000-installer-also-launches.304646/
Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to know if there was a way to forward messages based on content to a file outside of Outlook 2000, like Access 2000 in particular, maybe even Excel 2000. I know that a rule can be set up to forward messages to personal folders, but I would like to know if it can be done to an outside file. I didn't know if it had to do with messages being in pst format.

A:Forwarding message from Outlook 2000 to Access 2000

No. Not possible to my knowledge or without VBA.

I think it might be easier for you to set Access to import from the PST file at a given time each day. Of course, you'll have to have exited Outlook at that time or the PST file will report that it is in use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-message-from-outlook-2000-to-access-2000.78562/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi forum colleagues

Please help l have Microsoft Office 200 Permium having problems with particular Microsoft Outlook as soon l try use appointment and calender, l get error "essage interface has returned an unknown error please restart Microsoft Office Outlook".

l have installed sr1 fix patch from microsoft site for Office 2000 and windows no difference, l checked forum site for similar problems quiry didn't find any.
could someone who had this problem and has fixed it, could please email and explain it to me in point form how to fix it.

regards new forum member 02647..

A:Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Outlook 2000 - Help Me Please

Try this, http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q283175

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2000-premium-outlook-2000-help-me-please.87076/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have installed outlook with my Windows Office 2000 disk. I am also using Windows 2000 Pro. I am logged in as Admin (default admin accout) and trying to run/setup outlook. It will not let me start outlook and tells me I need to be logged in as admin or have my admin do this for me. However, I am the admin trying to do this. What do I need to do to get this to work?

A:Running/Setup Outlook 2000 in Windows 2000

Simple, Login as an admin but in the local machine, not in the domain. You must be part of the local administrators in the local machine. Do it , 100% guaranteed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-setup-outlook-2000-in-windows-2000.30034/
Relevancy 49.02%

The email program I actively use is Outlook Express. When I click on a direct link within an email or web site context, my computer uses Microsoft Outlook instead of Outlook Express. Then it puts the message into MS Outbox and it dies there. Please help me! Trish Miller email: [email protected]

A:MS Outlook email is stealing Outlook Express email

Not sure how to get Outlook Express to steal back your Outlook email, but here's how you stop Outlook from stealing the email in the 1st place:

(1) In IE, go to Tools >> Internet Options (you can also access Internet Options from Control Panel).
(2) Click on the Programs tab.
(3) Click the drop-down next to Email, and change it to Outlook Express.
(4) Click Apply and OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-email-is-stealing-outlook-express-email.172388/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello.

I was trying to configure Word 2000 to send email, but I can't seem to find the means to configure the bloody thing. I have tried help files, but wasn't much help.

Anybody plz?

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Word 2000 aka MS Word 2000 - Sending Email - Need Help Configuring

Word itself does not send (or receive) e-mail messages. You may configure Word to be your e-mail editor, but it still requires an e-mail program (such as MS Outlook) to send messages.

You can send e-mails from within Word by using File, Send To, Mail Recipient (or Mail Recipient as Attachment), but this still uses Outlook to do the sending and receiving.

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2000-aka-ms-word-2000-sending-email-need-help-configuring.91776/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hiya Overview The utilities included in this toolkit enable Microsoft Exchange administrators and Microsoft Outlook users to convert legacy cc Mail directory information to Microsoft Exchange Some of the tools in the kit such as QuickDL and DirPop are also useful for migration from other mail systems Below is a listing of the tools provided in this toolkit along with a brief description of its purpose For more detailed information download the cc Mail Directory Migration Toolkit documentation in the dmt doc exe file Included in the Toolkit DirPop This Exchange Event Script uses Active Directory Service Interfaces ADSI to update a user s Exchange directory entry from data submitted on an e-form QuickDL Use Migration Outlook Jan 14 Outlook Lotus cc:Mail and Directory Toolkit 2000: 98 for this tool to quickly create an Exchange Distribution List through ADSI to hold all users on a cc Mail Microsoft Mail Post Office Exchange Server in the Site ML DL This in-place conversion tool takes cc Mail Mailing Lotus cc:Mail Migration Directory Toolkit for Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000: Jan 14 Lists and converts them to Exchange Distribution Lists uses ADSI PMLExtr Use this tool to extract user s cc Mail Private Mailing Lists into common format files ready for import PML PDL This user-driven utility takes an output file from PMLExtr and migrates the data to the Outlook PAB or Contacts Folder uses CDO CC Priv This tool Lotus cc:Mail Migration Directory Toolkit for Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000: Jan 14 extracts private directory information from a client using cc Mail Release x and migrates the data to Outlook PRIVDIRU This user-driven utility performs a direct conversion of the Lotus cc:Mail Migration Directory Toolkit for Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000: Jan 14 cc Mail Private Directory file PRIVDIR INI to Outlook Contacts This version of the utility uses the Outlook object model to convert the PRIVDIR INI data directly to the Contacts folder thus by-passing the file import stage along with other improvements and innovations System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows NT http www microsoft com downloads de- - e -b - a abb c amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lotus-cc-mail-migration-directory-toolkit-for-outlook-98-and-outlook-2000-jan-14.113772/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have had to reinstall pc due to it going at a crawl!!

After installing Outlook 2002, I can not get Outlook to auto fill the email address field when I start to type an email address in it.

The address book is there and in tacked after copying the outlook.pst file back to its original location after install.

How do I get Outlook to autofill?

Also when I click the 'TO' button in the new email window, it says that there is no address book!
but when I click the address book icon in the main Outlook window there are email address there?!

Any ideas how I can get this to work correctly again.

A:reinstalled pc, now create email in Outlook 2002 does not auto fill email address like before

When you did the re-install, did you erase/format the hard drive before the re-install? If you did and did not save the Outlook auto fill file, then the all the auto fills you had are gone. Did you import the pst file into outlook?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311040/reinstalled-pc-now-create-email-in-outlook-2002-does-not-auto-fill-email-address-like-before/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I've (outlook email back changing address and 2013) email to server put just found a pst file with all my old email I'd like changing email address and put email back to server (outlook 2013) to put them back on the server hotmail but before doing that I've seen that some of them were not recived or sent to my actual address hotmail com but to an old one infinito it So I was thinking to export them from outlook to CSV modify that address into the new one and then import them back on outlook The problem is that when I export them to CSV in that file they don't have the date received or sent and so when I get them back on changing email address and put email back to server (outlook 2013) outlook they miss that info Can anyone help me doing this I've been told that VBA macro should be useful for this but having a look in it I have no idea of what I sould do Ah instead of outlook I can also use thunderbird if it's easier with it but then I'd have to convert that pst file Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/changing-email-address-and-put-email-back-to-server-outlook-2013-a-1159385.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I mainly use Outlook however in order to get a number of Hotmail messages onto my computer s HD i synchronised Outlook Express to Outlook Express Outlook 2000 from messages Hotmail Exporting with Hotmail I now have messages from a folder I have on Hotmail on my hard drive too A search revealed that this folder and presumably all messages in it is stored under Exporting Hotmail messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 C Windows Application Data Identities B - - D -A -C D E Microsoft Outlook Express I copied the dbx file named hotmail - folder name dbx to my desktop I went in to Outlook file gt import blah blah blah but it wont let me import dbx files soooooo is there anyway to get my messages from hotmail from this specific folder into outlook i no longer need the folder in hotmail and will just delete it as soon as i have a permanent copy on my hard drive in outlook im assuming that since the dbx file is on my hard disk with all the messages which i can read offline in outlook express that i wont need to set up outlook for hotmail synchronisation nbsp

A:Exporting Hotmail messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000

Somehow, I don't think you'll be able to do it:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q234/7/04.ASP?

Oh, but take a look at www.slipstick.com too, if you want to check their input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-hotmail-messages-from-outlook-express-to-outlook-2000.53125/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having problems sending a zipped attachment from either outlook 2000 or outlook express. It is a large zip file 470MB. I haven't been able to find anywhere that says it is too big. I get to where you attach the file and then my system hangs. I have given it several hours to finish the process and nothing... it just sits there. I have no mouse control CTRL-ALT-DEL wont even work. To shutdown I have to physically power down. I restart and everything is fine I just can't send this attachment. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi It is a small but annoying problem I upgrade my Office program suite to Office professional I selected the upgrade option on the installation CD I first selected to upgrade the regular Office software Words Excel Outlook Access etc After this first installation I noticed that I had Outlook icons in my start programs the Outlook icon and the Outlook icon I then installed Frontpage and the Outlook 2000 to after Outlook files Residual Outlook 2003 upgrade Icon was replaced by an anonymous exe program icon When I clicked on this icon I got a message saying that this icon only works with an installed application So I thought it was only a residual icon and I deleted Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003 it Where is the bug Well next to my user logon on Window XP I get a message that I have unread e-mail When I open Outlook there are no unread e-mails I tried to import e-mails from other applications and I got an e-mail that Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003 had been received on Outlook A welcome to Outlook Version message The problem is that this message keeps reappearing from time to time and I always get this message saying that I have unread e-mail which I cannot see on Outlook I know I still have some Outlook files on my C drive but I cannot delete them because the system then tells me that the files cannot be deleted because they are used by an application Questions -How can I remove completely the Outlook Version from my system It is not listed in the Control Panel add remove program list -If not removing the Outlook files is there a way to make them inactive or to set Outlook such that it receives automatically all e-mails from the other unused e-mail systems I also have Outlook Express but I do not use it and it does not seem to cause any problem so far nbsp

A:Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003

not a complete answer for you, but to get rid of that annoying "Unread message" at the logon screen see this to turn out via the registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304148/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/residual-outlook-2000-files-after-upgrade-to-outlook-2003.416189/
Relevancy 46.87%

Basically, I need to know if it's possible to import data from outlook 2002 (XP) into outlook 2000. I'm creating a file filled with contacts for a person, they have 2000 and I have 2002.

Thanks for your help!
Chinc

A:Possible to import outlook 2002 contact data into outlook 2000?

Yes. Export the contacts from your Outlook as a .pst file and import it into thier's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-import-outlook-2002-contact-data-into-outlook-2000.235493/
Relevancy 46.87%

So far my searching has turned up confusing and non definitive info. In a nutshell... is it possible to seamlessly transfer ALL data? I've been able to import messages and account info into Outlook 2007/Win7 but can find no way of kluging either rules (rwz) or address (wab) info.

Also, if I understand correctly Outlook 2007 doesn't internally store addresses and Windows 7 no longer retains an address book core app for Outlook to draw from? I'm hoping this doesn't mean Windows Live Mail requires activation?

Any info appreciated!

A:Transfer data from Outlook 2000/XP to Outlook 2007/Win7

Outlook 2007 can still import your address book that you exported from your office 2k install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/52845-transfer-data-outlook-2000-xp-outlook-2007-win7.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone (And sorry for such a long thread title!)

One of the elderly gentleman where I work, has been given a Dell laptop by his Son that's running W7 64bit.

He has a copy of Office 2000 that he would like to install on this machine, and use the bundled Outlook from it as his default e-mail client. The only problem is, the current desktop PC he's using, is running Windows XP (unsure which version) and he's got Outlook Express as his e-mail viewing software on there at the moment.

Can the profile (sorry if that's the wrong term) from XP's Outlook Express be "ported" into the Outlook from Office 2000, whilst all of this is running on W7 64bit?

Many, many thanks in advance

A:Migrating XP's Outlook Express to Office 2000's Outlook on W7 64bit

Office 2000 is not supported on Windows 7, and is insecure and past it's lifetime support. That said, there may be workarounds to get it to work on 7, but that's probably more difficult then your original question. I'd think your friend would need a newer version, then revisit can it be done For instance:

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express

Import your messages or account from Outlook Express to Outlook - Outlook - Office.com

Trying to use Office 2000 would not be at all advisable.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/322828-migrating-xps-outlook-express-office-2000s-outlook-w7-64bit.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am upgrading from Outlook 2000 to 2003 and am experiencing problems in keeping the automatic formatting of my PST files, I have not yet imported the Rules... is this the reason? What should I do to ensure that alla te formatting of the "old" PST are kept in the "new" ones?

MANY CIAOS & GRAZIES

Gilberto

Relevancy 46.87%

I'll bet you have not heard this one before. I was attempting to send an email to a potential client. Everything seemed to work well except that it was returned. The problem was that the address was changed somewhere. His name is spelled with a j but somewhere along the line, it was changed to a k and so there was no such person and therefore was returned to me.

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##rfc822;

What could have happened? This is a new one on me.

A:outlook 2007 changed email address so email was returned

Hi.

Did you get a message similar with these?
----------------------------------------------
Hotmail:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

-----------------
Windows Live mail:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/207707-outlook-2007-changed-email-address-so-email-returned.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys,
I would like to be able to move an email to a sub folder of my mailbox and get Outlook to send an email to the sender of the email I moved into it. Hope that makes sense.

I found this archived thread http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/439567-outlook-reply-email-when-mail.html which has proved very helpful and I've managed to get it working for me.

I would like it to send more than just a one line email reply but I don't know how, maybe get it to use a text file for the body of the email?

Any help would be great

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-vb-script-to-send-email-when-email-moved-to-folder.1073382/
Relevancy 46.44%

Cover sheet contains no sender information though it has been set up (company name, telephone number, etc)

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a domain environment
- Outlook 2000 in CW mode with only 3 services:
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder
- Using standard cover sheets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-outlook-2000-and-windows-2000-fax.117372/
Relevancy 46.44%

No transport provider found if a cover sheet is selected to be
used. This happens on all users. Works fine if no cover sheet
selected. Happens only on a particular machine.

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a workgroup environment
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder
- Using standard cover sheets

A:#1 Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000 Fax

There are exactly 1 gazillion articles (hee hee) at Technet on:

Windows 2000 Fax

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-outlook-2000-and-windows-2000-fax.117370/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just recently installed exchange server and my outlook 2000 clients are having a problem. Email works fine any everything, however when the user is in a new message, they want to call users from their contacts list.

When they click on the "To..." button to bring up their contacts list, all it displays is the global address lists for exchange server, it doesn't have their personal contacts.

Normally to fix this you'd go to the folder list in outlook, right click and go to properties, outlook address book tab, and select "
show this folder as an email address book".

However when I go do this that option is grayed out. I can't select it.

I thought it was a rights thing, because my users are logged in as domain users, but my administrator account can't change it either.

A:Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000

Before you try to show the Contacts folder as an address book, go to Tools/Services and add the "Outlook Address Book". When you right-click the contacts folder the checkbox should no longer be grayed out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-and-exchange-2000.152499/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 on several systems. I have the Windows taskbar is set to Autohide. I also have Outlook 2000 set to have a preview pane.
The problem is while outlook is displaying a Read Receipt the taskbar will not display when you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. It works fine with any other message.
Has anyone experienced this problem or know what the solution may be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-and-outlook-2000.93432/
Relevancy 46.44%

No delivery message for successful fax if using a user account
other than administrator, even an account with administrator
permissions. If logged on as administrator, delivery messages
do appear.

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a domain environment
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-outlook-2000-and-windows-2000-fax.117371/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I am trying to import a mailing list that was originally in excel, it has over 2000 entries. I successfully imported the file into access. Now I am trying to import to Outlook. I went to file-import/export- I went through the wizard, even mapping destinations if that window popped up, then I click finish and it shows a status box, it takes a really long time, then all the wizard boxes and status boxes disappear, with no message confirming that the files were imported, and the contacts do not appear. Then sometimes it has the error message that outlook has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I even made a two entry excel document and tried to import and it did the same thing. I have done the detect and repair option, also reinstalled office. WHAT DO I DO???? I need this mailing list in OUtlook bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help!
Liz

A:Outlook 2000 and Access 2000

Hi Liz, there's an article on the MS Knowledge base
OL2000: Import Wizard Procedure Incomplete (Q198318)
which may or may not be what's happening to you. There are several others that are close. Try searching here for "errors importing from access" or from Excel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-and-access-2000.67752/
Relevancy 46.44%

We've purchased a new laptop and are using Office 07 now, Windows XP, instead of the old office 03. Regarding Outlook, when I tried to save the old .pst file(Outlook 03) and then import old emails and contacts, the emails imported very easily into Outlook 07. However, none of the contacts were imported. Is there a simple way to export or save Outlook 2003 contacts to a file that can then be imported into Outlook 2007 on a separate computer??

Thanks

Gene

A:Trouble transferring Outlook 2003 contacts to Outlook 2007

Export the old contact as a .CSV file and then re-import into the new installation.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-transferring-outlook-2003-contacts-to-outlook-2007.633428/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm new on this forum and would really appreciate any help on this. I have Office 2000 Premium on my Dimension E521 (VISTA) which is not on a network. All the Office programs work fine except for Outlook. I keep getting the Startup Menu every time I open Outlook. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-startup-window-when-opening-outlook.623060/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm running Outlook 2000 with XP Pro with all the latest updates. After I installed MSN's Search Toolbar, whenever I shut down Outlook an error message "MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close". The details in the Event Viewer refer to "faulting application outlook.exe.version....". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Uninstalling the MSN Toolbar is not a viable option as its Form Fill and Desktop Search tools are great.

A:Outlook 2000 Message: Outlook Has Encountered A Problem, Etc.

Have you applied ALL the service packs for Office 2000 (as this directly affects Outlook 2000)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-message-outlook-has-encountered-a-problem-etc.419907/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is it possible to transfer the personal folders and all email from Outlook Express on a Windows 95 system to Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 system?

Thanks,
john0109

Relevancy 46.44%

Good morning -- just installed Outlook 365. I was able to sync all my emails (including folders I've created with all emails stored), calendar and contacts. My issue is with my iPhone 6 email app. I'm seeing my calendar and contacts as well as all my emails -- inbox, sent, junk...but none of the other folders. The folders don't appear in settings, mail, contacts, calendars...under fetch new data either. Any thoughts? Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/sync-outlook-365-email-folders-with-iphone-email-app-1121489.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Yahoo imports: Microsoft Outlook (CSV File).

There is nothing in the address book that allows you to export, so under MS 2003 Outlook they is nothing that permits me to export to CSV. I suppose I need an upgrade but I am selling my business and don't want to spend the moeny right now for that.

Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a way to gather all email addresses (either from, to, or cc) in a particular email folder in Outlook and store them in a delimited file? Alternatively, is there a way to add all email addresses from all emails in a particular folder to Outlook Contacts or to the Outlook Address Book?

My problem is this: my phone number is changing and I'd like to send an email to everyone who has either sent me an email or to whom I've sent an email announcing the change.

Any other way to solve the problem?

I'm running XP Pro and Outlook 2003 (11.8217.8221) SP3.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collecting-email-addresses-from-an-outlook-email-folder.862821/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello:
I am trying to forward an outlook email to be received in my Google Apps Email. I was able to make that happen but now I can't figure out how to respond back in Google Apps with my Outlook. I want to be able to reply back with outlook.

Please help. Thank you so much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-forwarding-outlook-email-to-google-apps-email.1167087/
Relevancy 46.44%

hello:

i have been trying to fix my email/outlook spam issue.  emails are going out WITH my actual email address, sending emails to people in my contacts, etc.
I also have been getting a ton of spam emails myself.

I use:

-Windows 7 Pro
-64 Bit
-Outlook 2010
-I have our own domain name email address, that is hosted by Frontier

Odd thing:  I changed my password for my email, but my outlook kept sending/receiving with the old password.
When I tried to update  the new password in outlook (which I verified by using the webmail versus outlook), it would not accept it.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:email / outlook is sending emails with my email address

Here is my FRST logs:

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version: 26-06-2016 02
Ran by LS (administrator) on LS-PC (27-06-2016 12:22:27)
Running from C:\Users\LS\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: LS (Available Profiles: LS)
Platform: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvvsvc.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkAudioService64.exe
(Waves Audio Ltd.) C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio\WavesSysSvc64.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvvsvc.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\WINDOWS\System32\wlanext.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Realtek Bluetooth\AvrcpService.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Realtek Bluetooth\BTDevMgr.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\WINDOWS\System32\IPROSetMonitor.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Ready Mode Technology\IRMTService.exe
(Symantec Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\22.7.0.76\nis.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Realtek Bluetooth\RtkBleServ.exe
(Symantec Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\22.7.0.76\nis.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor) C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
(Waves Audio Ltd.) C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio\WavesSvc64.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvBackend.exe
(Realtek Semiconductor Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Realtek Bluetooth\BTServer.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver\Application\iusb3mon.exe
(Adobe Systems Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
(Brother Industries, Ltd.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\Brother\BrStMonW.exe
(Brother Industries, Ltd.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCtrlCntr.exe
(Brother Industries, Ltd.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\BrYNSvc.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Realtek Bluetooth\SkypePlugin.exe
(Brother Industries, Ltd.) C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4\BrCcUxSys.exe
(Apple Inc.) C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
(NVIDIA Corporation) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvtray.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\WINDOWS\System32\GWX\GWX.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\DropboxOEM\DropboxOEM.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\51.0.2704.103\nacl64.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\51.0.2704.103\nacl64.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618396/email-outlook-is-sending-emails-with-my-email-address/
Relevancy 46.44%

Went to Wndows 7 after the end of XP support. Decided to set up the Microsoft Outlook in the Office 2007 so I could utilize the calender etc. I have traditionally accessed my email through the ISPs applications on my computer as well as my iPad and iPhone. It seems that the MS Outllook has wiped out my emails from the ISP apps back to the middle of March.I can get my curent emails as long as I don't open the MS outlook. Is there a setting in the MS outlook that I can change to prevent this or am I bound to the MS Outlook for my email access. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Microsoft Outlook wipes my email from my other email apps

You don't have to use Outlook, you can use Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.  There're probably others as well, but I use Tbird and WLM myself.  Of course there's always web mail too.  I have to say though that it doesn't sound right for Outlook to be doing what you describe.  Do you have all the MS maintenance for it installed?  I have Office 2007 and get updates for it all the time.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537611/microsoft-outlook-wipes-my-email-from-my-other-email-apps/
Relevancy 46.44%

When replying to an email, the 'To: address shows up different' from the actual address. When replying to the different reply address, a system undeliverable message is received. The actual address has a "s" in the body of the address, the reply address changes the "s" to an "a" .

The user can reply properly to other emails.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Reply to an Outlook email changes the email addrees to a non deliverable add

This one is easy...
The sender of the email has his reply email set to something different.
You manually have to enter the address in the "TO" field.
You can obtain the address from the email.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reply-to-an-outlook-email-changes-the-email-addrees-to-a-non-deliverable-add.132490/
Relevancy 46.44%

Intermittently, Outlook 2007 will crash while sending an email and, needless to say, the email is not sent. However I wanted to know if there is a temp or backup copy of that mail anywhere. I've looked in drafts and it's not there.

I've sometimes typed a very long email and then lost the whole email when Outlook crashes so I just wanted to know if, like Word, there is a temp file that may be created.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007- crash while sending email - where does the email go?

Hi cp, welcome to TSG. Do you have Autosave enabled for Outlook? If not, perhaps this link will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-crash-while-sending-email-where-does-the-email-go.886349/
Relevancy 45.58%

I purchased An Eagle audio card (ISA) in 1998 to go with my P-II, 350 PC. The audio driver that I was provided with the card was ES1868. At that time I had Win 98 as my OS and the card worked fine with a satisfactory audio output.
Recently, I upgraded my OS to Win 2000 (professional). During the process of upgrading, the OS was able to detect the card correctly and loaded the ES1868 driver from its database. Strangely however, the sound output now is extremely poor to say the least.
The audio is a jumble of hisses and cracked up unintelligible sound bits. Moreover, now I cannot hear an audio CD at all (not even hisses!).
I have tried reloading the driver from the Win 2000 database but to no vail.
Please suggest a solution!

System Configuration:
Motherboard.........Intel SE440BX
Processor..............P-II, 350 MHz
RAM.......................250 MB
Audio card (ISA)....Eagle ES1868 (chip:ES1868f)
OS.........................Windows 2000, Professional

Sincerely,
Anindo.

Relevancy 45.58%

I can't seem to get Win2000 computer to see the XP computer on a home local area network. Is there something unusual I need to do? Hooking up 2 Win2000 computers was easy but the XP doesn't seem to want to show up in the network. Help!

Relevancy 45.58%

First of all Hi to all, having just upgraded to Win 7 I?ve found some of my old programs wont work ?load|? first one is MS2000 and the second one is Mavis beacon teaches typing! great to teach the kids!
Now the problem I?m going to have is when using two different computers for the same project, I keep getting offered to try MS2007 free for 60 days but don?t really want to fork out for it having already purchasing "2000" years ago ? not tight just don?t need it? is there anything I can do?
Many thanks
Jim

A:MS 2000 giving me trouble

Have you tried compatibility mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/47142-ms-2000-giving-me-trouble.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I Installed Win 2000 Pro Ontop Of My Win 98 By Mistake , Now None Of Them Work , When I Start Up I Get The Option On 98 Or 2000 When I Start 98 The Paths Are Not Found (dos) Cant Start Using Fdisk As Not Found, When I Start Using Windows 2000 It Then Asks For Win2000 Disk When I Put In It Says No Memory Avaliable To Install , So Basicalled I Have No Space Left On Pc

Please Help

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-trouble-installing-2000-pro.326432/
Relevancy 45.58%

I formated a laptop after booting from a startup disk . Im trying to run setup from the win 2000 cd , it says this prgrm cannot be run in dos mode . The cd rom is working. The cd is a copy we have from work . I browsed it and the file name is setup. exe , it just wont run . HELP

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
Does anybody know how or if it's possible to get my contacts from Outlook 2000 on my PC to Outlook 2003 on my laptop? I can't seem to figure it out.
Thanks,
Susan

Relevancy 45.58%

i just got a new computer and moved files from my old computer using Windows Easy Transfer. However, in Outlook I can't get access to my old emails, calendar, contacts, etc. I have looked on Microsoft Support and can't find how to fix this. Please help.

Thanks.

A:Moving from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007

You will have to locate the ".pst" files from your computer
C:\Documents and Settings\user_id\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Copy and paste it to the new Outlook 2007 or you may do a restore using these method:

To restore your mail, contacts and other data from a backup copy of an Outlook PST file:

?Select File | Import and Export... from the menu in Outlook.
?Select Import from another program or file.
?Click Next.
?Highlight Personal Folder File (PST).
?Click Next again.
?Now use the Browse button to select the backup copy of the PST file you want to recover from your backup location.
?Make sure Replace duplicates with items imported is selected.
?Click Next.
?Finish the import process with Finish.
Usually, the default import settings work fine, but you may want to tweak them to suit your needs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/moving-from-outlook-2000-to-outlook-2007-a-430001.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Have installed Outlook and created a first email account as pop manual setup Going to import from a saved pst from Outlook - a file that contained organized sections of contacts info as well as emails address book listings etc - asked whether to quot import items to the current folder quot a Personal Folder OR the other radio restore Outlook Outlook from pst 2013 2000 button choice being to import to the email address which just was set up where I guess new Outlook 2013 restore from Outlook 2000 pst pst files are stored Attempted to import the backup pst to the quot current folder quot - but after it loaded it could not be viewed anywhere or found within the folder structure of Windows Could not determine if it simply overwrote itself or why anyone would want to do this if it s the case So next I went for the other choice and imported to the email address location and most everything now seems to show beneath it on the leftside pane - Except for all my prior contacts which only seem to show under quot Addresses quot that when opened seem to reference through an open search box quot Contact - quot Q in the future can the location of these pst files be changed and how where like if myemail is done away with Please note that I have about more email accounts to load Q how to bring up organize my contacts back in order Q is there no way to import my pst to another location that is more generic like quot Personal Folders quot if there is such as thing in Outlook Backup seems not so straightforward with this newer edition at all Q I see where I can create a backup but understand too that other files will be left out of the pst such as an os contacts calendars addresses file Can that operating location simply be copied in its entirety and pasted back in the event of recovery or must it be backed up and imported I guess there is a way to make them both pst files but don t know if I want to attempt this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2013-restore-from-outlook-2000-pst.1125578/
Relevancy 45.58%

I need to save my MS Outlook Contacts from my PC at work (using Outlook 2003) to my PC at home (using Outlook 2000). I know how to use File> New> Outlook Data File> Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst)> OK to start, but that doesn't populate the new directory (or file or whatever it is) with the contacts.

How do I copy/paste, translate, whatever the contacts into that new directory?
Please reply to [email protected].

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Scott

A:Outlook 2003 contacts to Outlook 2000

Go to you current Contacts.

Hightlight them all - Ctrl-A

Copy them to the buffer - Ctrl-C

Go to the Contacts location in the new pst file

Paste them back in again - Ctrl-V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-contacts-to-outlook-2000.422949/
Relevancy 45.58%

I know this is probably easy but I was curious what the instructions are to convert 2000 .pst to 2003 to take advantage of the available space. I have a user who is working on the 2000 limit and need to upgrade.

Thanks in advance

A:Convert Outlook 2000 pst to Outlook 2003 pst

If you, or your user, are/is now using Outlook 2003, I would assume you could just copy the 2000 .PST file over to where your 2003 Outlook is running and then import it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-outlook-2000-pst-to-outlook-2003-pst.497204/
Relevancy 45.58%

Due to some incompatability with 2003, I am thinking of installing an older version of outlook.

Will there be any problems with just installing it "on top" of office 2003?

Or should I uninstall office and then install Outlook 2000 1st, then custom install office 2003 without outlook? What about a different directory for each version? Kind of like what is required to install Access 97 and Access 200 on the same PC?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q241/1/41.asp

Relevancy 45.15%

Can receive email in outlook but cant send email...my email has been like this for months now...I called my ISP and they didnt have an answer for it...Im running xp however I dont have the Xp disc to re install windows...its an older desktop computer I bought off of someone...Its a Dell PIII.

Im not to worried about not being able to send email on the XP puter because I have another desktop where the email works however its running on windows 2000.

Ive heard some people have problems with outlook using XP though.

A:Can Receive Email In Outlook But Cant Send Email.

you have this log thread open at present and it might be a good idea to await a respose on there before you start to make any changes; it is most possible that an infection has gotten TO your e mail client http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129909/google-links-wont-work-properlybtcar-hijackervirus/according to the information yu have provided ON that log thread your computer is used by others for P2P file sharing? one OF the problems WITH file sharing programs is what the 'program ' comes baggaged with that can and will infect the computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130064/can-receive-email-in-outlook-but-cant-send-email/
Relevancy 45.15%

Good morning, people,

One of my users here is having a wierd issue with her Outlook program...Every time she sends an email out, a .txt file of that email is sent as an attachment to that email.

So an email saying, "Greetings!", has the text file attached that says, "Greetings!".

Any ideas?

A:Outlook sending a copy of email w/email

Must be set to send in both plain text and HTML? But I thought in that case that it was done the other way around...

Turn off one or the other in the E-mail options, would be my guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-sending-a-copy-of-email-w-email.49669/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all

One problem that i'm yet to figure out in Outlook is how it will show an attached email message as just that, an attachment instead of adding it to the end of the original email such as in hotmail or yahoo. This is particularly annoying when reading emails forwarded through more than one person and you have to keep clicking on the email attachments which then open up another email window etc. until you have about 10 seperate windows open before you get to the original message. I hope i'm not too confusing

To get to the point, does any one have a solution to this? it would be greatly appreciated!!

fryshaun.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-03-viewing-email-attachements-in-email.283347/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys heres one that is driving me nuts an email account is set up with an isp here its btconnect com so the email one email address 2 email aliases on Outlook Using is say email protected now joe has two email aliases on his account e g email protected and email protected now when joe accesses his account through outlook it obviously checks the btconnect account and sends the mail to Outlook Using 2 email aliases on one email address the correct alias but it cant seem to do it what happens is it logs on checks one alias then the server errors whilst checking the other as it is still logged on i assume to the main btconnect mail account and so errors out e g email protected works and roofing co uk errors Outlook Using 2 email aliases on one email address out i would like to find Outlook Using 2 email aliases on one email address a way to check flooring first and roofing after but cant figure it out someone suggested using identities in outlook express but isnt outlook the better program and surely there is some kind of feature for this problem usually after it gets its bearings it is then happy and says send receive complete but after a couple of tries and leaving an error message at the bottom of the screen x cc f as it is trying to check the two accounts on the same email address at the same time any ideas anyone i am even willing to try thunderbird instead just the managers like the calender etc in outlook nbsp

A:Outlook Using 2 email aliases on one email address

still no ideas on this one.
maybe using rules in outlook would help.
I could just check mail from the BT account
e.g. [email protected] and filter the mail for the aliases into the corresponding mail box, but how then if a mail is written in outlook could it be send from the correct account.
e.g [email protected] or [email protected] rather than the mail appearing as though it was sent from [email protected] , wow outlook is confusing stuff lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-using-2-email-aliases-on-one-email-address.288986/