Windows Support Forum

Can Anyone Recommend A Data Recovery Program?

Q: Can Anyone Recommend A Data Recovery Program?

I need it to recover data from corrupt hard drives. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can Anyone Recommend A Data Recovery Program?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can Anyone Recommend A Data Recovery Program?

Try PC INSPECTOR, it's freeware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102973/can-anyone-recommend-a-data-recovery-program/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello Everyone. I am new on this forum.

I just opened up a tech shop in Dominica and I am planning to take on some cases for HDD data recovery. At my previous job we used PC3000 and DeepSpar DDI3 and DDI4. However these are incredibly expensive for my operation. Each one is  over 3500 USD :-0.

Software, no matter how well it’s built can’t do recovery right because of PC limitations itself. Does anyone know if there is a hardware solution (Data Recovery Imager of some sort) that doesn’t require to sell a kidney and one of my kids? Any experience that you had in the past?

I would really appreciate your help

George

A:Can you recommend data recovery tool for IT shop

Amongst many very good choices are MiniTool Power Data Recovery [with Bootable Media Builder] and Ultimate Restorer Pro [including the Remote Engine]. I recommend having licensed versions, appears more professional and sometimes one gets extra control and extra goodies with the pay-fors.
Recommend you carry along two external HDs for making full images before attempting to recover partitions, folders and files. Warning! If customer HD failure is close at hand -- quickly recover what can be recovered after asking questions determining the places where most of the data files have probably been stored.
Whether in-house or in customer's place, ask questions before jumping in. Close at hand HD failure often calls for differing approaches for data recovery.
Charge fair prices for fair data recovery attempts! Data recovery often is not a clean neat nifty result-oriented process; it is often akin to fighting a house fire -- often the physical things saved [partitions, folders files here] do not appear or end up cleanly, neatly. You may have to build in "walk-away rights" into your written estimates/contracts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590795/can-you-recommend-data-recovery-tool-for-it-shop/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have win ultimate on my pc someone program recovery software please a recommend Can and recently purchased a new a-data gb hard drive and put about gb of data on it So probably due to my own fault it crashed and i kept Can someone recommend a software recovery program please getting the 'you must format this drive to use it' error I might have caused it by accidentally unplugging out the drive without safely stopping it Anyway I ran a checkdisk or similar command Can someone recommend a software recovery program please from command prompt as Can someone recommend a software recovery program please found on another forum that repaired it so it is now visible as a drive in my computer Luckily it still knows how much data is on it because in my computer it says gb used blah blah blah But the problem is that when I go into the drive there are no files on it bar one which has no extention program to open it with and has no properties Please can somebody help me out I need to recover the files I have tried numerous data recovery programs but they didint come up with the proper files just portions etc

A:Can someone recommend a software recovery program please

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124282-can-someone-recommend-software-recovery-program-please.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I used WinTidy for years but apparently it doesn't work for Windows 7, which I now use. Can someone recommend a good program or applet that will let me save a layout and then restore it if it gets jumbled around by a crash or something?

thanks!

A:Can someone recommend a good display layout recovery program?

Do you mean icon positioning? I've had some success with Icon save/restore, even though it hasn't been updated for Vista or 7. Am now using Iconoid save/restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-recommend-a-good-display-layout-recovery-program.967855/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,
I?m looking for a Data Recovery company [not a Data Software company] to recover data on my drive that will not spin. Want to spend less than $1000. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Recommend Data Recovery Company not Data Software Company

Best Data Recovery Company

I have visited many data recovery websites and evaluated their product.

But my experience with one data recovery is almost excellent.

Nucleus Data Recovery, the leading data recovery company having biggest range of professional data recovery software.

Their support is also excellent you drop a email for any help they will respond within 5 minutes.

To recover your data try Kernel Recovery for FAT+NTFS.

The DEMO allows you to preview the recoverable contents and you can check whether the file is recovered correctly or not by double clicking on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-data-recovery-company-not-data-software-company.28462/
Relevancy 64.93%

Still cleaning up after an infection by AntiVirus Soft and subsequent Restore & Recovery. I downloaded Recover My Files which shows up approximately 15,000 files that were inaccessible after the Restore. My question is for anyone who has experience with recovery programs. When these programs find and restore data what form is it in? The programs state that the data should be saved to a different drive than the one being searched, is the recovered information just raw data or what. As an example if you were trying to restore Quicken would the Quicken program be restored with the data in place and intact or just the raw numbers. In particular what I'm trying to restore is the program Family Tree Maker, I can find the raw information i.e. photos, etc. but what I want is the program operating with names, dates, photos etc as entered in the program.
I would appreciate any thoughts or advice, thanks in advance

A:Using a data recovery program

A recovery program will attempt to recover files that have previously existed on the drive. Any that can be recovered will simply be placed on the recovery drive as a bunch of files, you won't be able to re-install programs for example. All except very simple programs have to be installed into Windows, set up with registry entries etc by the program's installer, so need to be re-installed from the original media.

When you try to do the recovery after a system restoration, it's also possible that some of the files you want may have been corrupted by being overwritten during the restore. If that has happened to a file, when recovered it will be no good.

For a recovery of Quicken, you would have to set up Quicken again on the recovered system, then you would need to have recovered a good .QBW file and copy it across. You could avoid this if you had a Quicken backup on other media, you could restore the backup into the fresh installation of Quicken.

I have no experience of how Family Tree Maker manages its database, but the principle is the same. If you recover the data file(s) it uses, re-install the program from the original installation media, and copy the recovered data file(s) back to the folder(s) they were in before. If the program accepts this state of affairs, it will function as before. If the program fails to recognise the files restored this way, it may only be possible to restore from its own backup. Then if you haven't been making backups stored on alternative media, you could be sunk...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325947/using-a-data-recovery-program/
Relevancy 64.93%

Can anyone recommend a data recovery program, for recovering files that have been deleted.

Thanks

A:Need data recovery program

Recuva is well regarded and free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/185561-need-data-recovery-program.html
Relevancy 64.93%

What's the best one? And alternative FREE ones? My windows just crashed & I tried the recovery disc which pretty much just re-installed the entire OS. Notebook PC btw... I had a lot of important files I need to recover...

A:Best data recovery program?

Well, now that you have written new data all over the disk.. Good luck

Try PC Inspetor File Recovery, which is free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-data-recovery-program.62170/
Relevancy 64.93%

What's the best one? And alternative FREE ones? My windows just crashed & I tried the recovery disc which pretty much just re-installed the entire OS. Notebook PC btw... I had a lot of important files I need to recover...

A:Best data recovery program?

Well, now that you have written new data all over the disk.. Good luck

Try PC Inspetor File Recovery, which is free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-data-recovery-program.62170/
Relevancy 64.93%

what is the best program for data recovery? i need to recover data off a hard drive.

Relevancy 64.93%

I messed up somehow trying to do a repair. Somehow I did a full install. Lost everything. I seem to recall reading that it is still possible to retrieve my data. I've been searching on Google, but haven't found what I am looking for yet. There might have been one program I saw that could do it, but I can't afford to pay the $200 asking price.

This is for a personal home computer. Not for business. I have family photos loaded from a digital camera that can't be replaced. Also quite a few pictures emailed to me that probably can't be replaced either. Plus some text files that are important only to me. (And maybe my son-in-law if I have to go back to court again. )

A:Need data recovery program for XP.

Hi,
You could try this

Nicholas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-data-recovery-program-for-xp-146924.html
Relevancy 64.93%

A little while ago I got support on here and had a program recommended to me that let me get data off of my almost dead hard drive. I seem to remember that the hard drive wouldn't be accessed by any normal means and didn't even show up in any of the hardware lists on my system normally.
Anyways, I forgot what it was called and don't seem to have the program any more. Little help?

A:Looking for a data recovery program

Actually I'm a moron. Why didn't I just search for my previous posts LOL
[SOLVED] Hard drive data recovery

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/looking-for-a-data-recovery-program-1161801.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all

I have a 2.5" Hitachi HTS541680 hard drive that has died and will not boot.

I proceeded to connect it to a caddy but it will not appear in My Computer, i then tried to load it up using a recovery software tool called GetMyDataBack but it doesn't see my hard drive does anybody know why?

Strangely i tried a different recovery software tool which did locate the failed hard drive but could not continue to recover the data due to "bad sectors encountered" it then went on to show no partitions available.

Any help would be much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-see-2-5-hd-in-data-recovery-program-pls-help.919815/
Relevancy 64.07%

Does anyone know of one that wouldn't rename all the files you want recovered?

The one I'm using right now is renaming all my files to "Recovered_XXX_XXX"

A:Suggested Data recovery program?

What program are you using right now?

Have you ever tried "Restoration"?
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

Also, if you are willing to pay $40 or so you can get some professional software; just thought I'd mention that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggested-data-recovery-program.71831/
Relevancy 64.07%

Data Recovery malware was installed on a user account Malwarebytes found and deleted Rootkit Access and several trojans But the data Recovery program is still sitting on the C drive with a exe and several files with no extension under Documents and Settings All users Application Data a Start menu entry a taskbar program icon I need to get rid of this completely Here are the logs from scans as directed in these forums Thanks DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by administrator at on - - Microsoft get malware Data Trying of Recovery rid to program Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS Trying to get rid of Data Recovery malware program System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kaseya RCHMRC AgentMon exe C WINDOWS LTSVC LTSVC exe C WINDOWS LTSvc LTSvcMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Realtek Diagnostics Utility Diag exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS LTSvc LTTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp companyweb uSearch Page hxxp www live com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer stpbdc BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File TB D E - F- E - CD - AB C CE - No File uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Diag c program files realtek diagnostics utility Diag exe hw mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun dsca... Read more

A:Trying to get rid of Data Recovery malware program

Good evening. Download OTL by OldTimer from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the tool to run it. Check the Scan All User box at the top. Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
consrv.dll
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
Userinit.exe
svchost.exe
/md5stop
C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\U\*.* /s
%Temp%\smtmp\1\*.*
%Temp%\smtmp\2\*.*
%Temp%\smtmp\3\*.*
%Temp%\smtmp\4\*.*
>C:\commands.txt echo list vol /raw /hide /c
/wait
>C:\DiskReport.txt diskpart /s C:\commands.txt /raw /hide /c
/wait
type c:\diskreport.txt /c
/wait
erase c:\commands.txt /hide /c
/wait
erase c:\diskreport.txt /hide /c
CREATERESTOREPOINT Click the Run Scan button and allow it to do it's thing. Once the scan has completed two notepad windows, OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt, will open - these text files will be saved in the same location as OTL. Please post the contents of both in your next reply - you may need to post each seperately if they are overly long.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456976/trying-to-get-rid-of-data-recovery-malware-program/
Relevancy 64.07%

Need a good data recovery program, I had easy recovery 6 but it doesn't work on a vista 64 sys..and don't want to spend $600 on 6.2..i see alot on the inet but..
opinions ?

Thanks

A:good data recovery program ?

I use the free Recover Files 3.11. It does support Vista but I'm not 100% sure about the 64-bit version.

There's also the free Recuva.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-data-recovery-program.862979/
Relevancy 64.07%

where can i download free data recovery program for NTFS/FAT partition

A:free data recovery program

Hello KF,

You might see if the free program Recuva may be able to work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/143221-free-data-recovery-program.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I ran across this small freeware data recovery program for the recovery of deleted or erased info on drives, and removable disks, it is called Drive Rescue, and is found here http://www.planetmirror.com/pub/majorgeeks/drives/rescue.zip I tried it on an old floppy disk I had, I put a small program on the disk, then erased it, Drive rescue found the info. I thought this might help someone.

Regards
IMP49

A:An interesting data recovery program

I've tested several and Restoration remains my favorite. Small enough to fit/run on a floppy. Freeware.

ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/utildisk/rest2514.exe

sekirt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-interesting-data-recovery-program.383994/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm looking for software (preferably free ) to recover a video,if possible, on a nokia 6230 which i sent in to be repaired and which was subsquently wiped, the video in question was on the phone memory and not the memory card.The phone is connected to my PC via bluetooth

Thanks in advance,

Frankee T D

A:Data Recovery Program Wanted

Hello,

If you sent the nokia model to be repaired, odds are that you have lost it all, normally you can use tools to recover info of the card and phone tools for example pc file recovery and recovermy files. but as I found last year, if nokia recieve a damaged phone, they hook it up to a diagnostic machine, if it fails the test they remove the insides and replace them with new ones.

To see if this is the case, type *#0000# a set of numbers appear, look for the set in date format, is it similar to the date you purchased the phone give or take a couple of months?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82259/data-recovery-program-wanted/
Relevancy 64.07%

Data Recovery malware was installed on a user account Malwarebytes found and deleted Rootkit Access and several trojans Trojan Swifi Trojan Maljava and others rid to Recovery get Data How malware program of Malware scans have come up clean but the Data Recovery program is still sitting on the C drive with a exe and several files with no extension under Documents and Settings All How to get rid of Data Recovery malware program Users Application Data a Start menu entry a taskbar program icon I need to get rid of this completely Here are the logs from scans as directed in these forums Thanks This post will contain the DDS log with attach txt and ark txt attached The next post will contain OTL txt and Extras txt DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kaseya RCHMRC AgentMon exe C WINDOWS LTSVC LTSVC exe C WINDOWS LTSvc LTSvcMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Realtek Diagnostics Utility Diag exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS LTSvc LTTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp companyweb uSearch Page hxxp www live com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer stpbdc BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File TB D E - F- E - CD - AB C CE - No File uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Diag c program files realtek diagnostics utility Diag... Read more

A:How to get rid of Data Recovery malware program

Here is OTL.txt. The next post contains Extras.txtOTL logfile created on: 6/29/2012 3:06:35 PM - Run 1OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.50.0 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ourdomain\DesktopWindows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 3 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstationInternet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.18702)Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy 2.97 Gb Total Physical Memory | 2.03 Gb Available Physical Memory | 68.48% Memory free4.81 Gb Paging File | 3.73 Gb Available in Paging File | 77.54% Paging File freePaging file location(s): C:\pagefile.sys 2046 4092 [binary data] %SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program FilesDrive C: | 232.79 Gb Total Space | 207.61 Gb Free Space | 89.18% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFSDrive S: | 385.10 Gb Total Space | 189.12 Gb Free Space | 49.11% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS Computer Name: ACTIVITIES-DIR | User Name: administrator | Logged in as Administrator.Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: All usersCompany Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days ========== Processes (SafeList) ========== PRC - [2012/06/29 15:05:41 | 000,596,992 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.ourdomain\Desktop\OTL.scrPRC - [2012/06/27 12:20:27 | 001,126,728 | ---- | M] (LabTech Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\LTTray.exePRC - [2012/06/26 12:33:03 | 003,906,432 | ---- | M] (SUPERAntiSpyware.com) -- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exePRC - [2012/06/07 11:15:28 | 000,847,872 | ---- | M] (Kaseya International Limited) -- C:\Program Files\Kaseya\RCHMRC62752467171068\AgentMon.exePRC - [2012/03/21 17:50:54 | 000,409,600 | ---- | M] (Kaseya International Limited) -- C:\Program Files\Kaseya\RCHMRC62752467171068\KaUsrTsk.exePRC - [2011/08/11 18:38:07 | 000,116,608 | ---- | M] (SUPERAntiSpyware.com) -- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCore.exePRC - [2011/06/22 20:25:54 | 000,115,624 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exePRC - [2011/06/22 20:25:54 | 000,108,456 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exePRC - [2011/06/22 20:25:52 | 001,893,840 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Smc.exePRC - [2011/06/22 20:25:52 | 001,839,888 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exePRC - [2011/06/22 20:25:52 | 001,459,616 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SmcGui.exePRC - [2011/06/15 17:33:20 | 000,249,648 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXEPRC - [2011/05/05 17:13:49 | 000,098,120 | ---- | M] (LabTech Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\LTSvcMon.exePRC - [2011/04/20 15:27:15 | 008,713,032 | ---- | M] (LabTech Software) -- C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\LTSVC.exePRC - [2009/05/21 11:13:58 | 000,206,064 | ---- | M] (SupportSoft, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exePRC - [2009/02/04 21:26:38 | 000,128,232 | ---- | M] (CyberLink Corp.) -- C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exePRC - [2008/12/04 13:00:26 | 000,354,840 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTmon.exePRC - [2008/12/04 13:00:20 | 000,186,904 | ---- | M] (Intel Corporation) -- C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exePRC - [2008/08/14 00:04:44 | 000,201,968 | ---- | M] (SupportSoft, Inc.) -- C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459044/how-to-get-rid-of-data-recovery-malware-program/
Relevancy 63.64%

Can anyone recommend a good data recovery program for an ATA hard drive?
Thanks

A:Hard drive data recovery program.

Hi, I lost 120GB last months and I recovered with this software:

GetDataBack for NTFS

or

GetDataBack for FAT

It is the Best!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-data-recovery-program.494927/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm in an area where I have no experience. I have the SIM card reader hardware and I need to know where there are any free programs for reading, writing and data recovery, if not free, then cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-program-for-sim-card-reading-and-data-recovery.980675/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, anyone know of a program that will data recover MPEG-2 movies that were accidentally removed from my Recycle Bin? I have tried several programs, including Recover My Files, GetDataBack, Stellar Phoenix - one found no files, the other found 1300 files (where there should only be about 10), and the other found the right amount, but the files themselves were absolutely huge, so it must have merged the missing MPEG-2s to some of the other movies that weren't deleted.

Can anyone please suggest a way out of this, either by naming a program that can recover MPEG-2s, or a setting that I need change on one of the progs that I've already tried?

Thank you.

A:A data recovery program that can recover MPEG-2 files?

Hola try drive rescue or ontrack- data recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-data-recovery-program-that-can-recover-mpeg-2-files.516929/
Relevancy 62.35%

Problem I suspect my external hard drive is old worn out Symptoms Device manager recognizes it as a USB device drive hard recovery External anyway crashed, program? data under Hard Disk but disk management calls it unknown and not initialized No drive letter is shown under External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? my computer When I plug in the hard drive I would hear it spinning up and than quickly down than spinning up again and going back down until it finally just idles Goal Try to recover my jpgs doc and txt files Specs FantomDrives GB model number TFD U had it for about a year and a half now It had an NTFS partition and no special software was used to maintain the external hard drive nor was an operating system installed on it Just basic files if it matters My computer is a windows Vista home External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? basic on a acer aspire laptop How it happened just before I left for work i had things downloaded STRAIGHT to the hard drive When I get home it seems someone in the household unplugged everything to move the laptop Since than the drive has crashed However even before External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? this I noticed strange behavior like it would just stop being recognized as a hard drive in the middle of copying a GB file but at that time it was on a mac so I assumed it may have just been operating system differences with the NTFS partition Self Attempts I ve tried the drive on multiple computers as well as on macs No new drive appears I ve also tried a program called TestDisk but the program only saw my internal hard drive and nothing else After it asks me for a log thats the next screen I got and it only found one drive even though my external hard drive was connected Perhaps testDisk isn t the best of program Is there any method I can try or other programs I am desperate to recover mainly my documents and text files as well as jpgs Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

The Data Recovery Wizard program worked for me when I lost some important files. It had a prices tag but from my experience it was worth it. You can see the details info via http://www.easeus.com. I wanted to share but also wanted to make sure that I didn't stray from the forum rules.

A:The Data Recovery Wizard program worked for me when I lost some important files.

Welcome to TSG....

Thank you for this site. It looks excellent. I would not worry about the advertising thing since you are just pointing out a site that saved your bacon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-data-recovery-wizard-program-worked-for-me-when-i-lost-some-important-files.560500/
Relevancy 61.06%

The problem surfaced when redirected search results began occurring in regards to Google Yahoo and Bing searches When I attempted to research the issue more symptoms began appearing like blackened desktop background hidden desktop icons massive numbers of fake error messages and disappearing start menu items Then the un-exit-able quot Data Recovery quot program appeared and placed its files in the Redirect Recovery" and causing rogue havoc! Google virus "Data program computer I went to this site which I had used in the past to successfully fight off a virus using a self-help removal guide This time however I tried the guides for both redirect and data recovery and neither resolved the problem The RKill and Unhide programs have proven useful in Google Redirect virus and "Data Recovery" rogue program causing havoc! treating the symptoms but TDSSKiller and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware have not succeeded in their respective purposes Every time the computer reboots the virus reappears I also ran Secunia PSI as an added measure I performed all the steps in the quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot DeFogger did not reboot the computer so I assume I have no CD emulation programs running but I did leave it as having disabled them as I was instructed Also please note that when I ran the GMER search early on in the process my screen went blue with white text and the computer suddenly rebooted before I could read the white text However the second time I ran GMER no such problem occurred and after a lengthy wait it succeeded I now have all the necessary logs for this posting Following is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Tim at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Windows System rundll exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System spool drivers w x EKAiO MUI exe C Program Files FileOpen Services FileOpenBroker exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C DacEasy pvsw W DBSMGR EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXE C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Service eLockServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eNet eNet Service exe C Program Files FileOpen Services FileOpenManagerSvc exe C Program Files Kodak AiO Center EKAiOHostService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Acer Mobility Center MobilityServ... Read more

A:Google Redirect virus and "Data Recovery" rogue program causing havoc!

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452033/google-redirect-virus-and-data-recovery-rogue-program-causing-havoc/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 54.61%

A large part of the company I work for s business is telesales for want of a better word Names are sourced through various means in order to contact them initially via phone I help maintain what we call the database which is an headed column list Since this list is simply a list we use Excel as there are no relationships between lists reqd It also helps in it s simplicity since all levels of pc skills come walking thru the door with program? a you Can recommend staff turnaround I also use Can you recommend a program? ASAP utilities which is an enormous help in standardising the data input I m happy to continue Can you recommend a program? using Excel but the quot user quot problems it gives me I m just so fed up spending hour after hour straightening it out I know get the users straightened out first - in my dreams The sort find filter etc are ok for me but to others they re obviously blind since when checking to see if a name they have sourced is on the list more often than not they don t see it Again I know this is a user problem but it s a consistent one over the last - years that makes me wonder if Excel is the best program Since some staff have walked off amp sold our list I ve placed it on a non-networked pc I try and maintain an a drive password protection via the bios I try and maintain a modify password to stop people saving changes but sometimes time doesn t allow and it maybe a few weeks before a problem is spotted just found all the quot T s quot have been removed from forenames The list is added to at least twice a week and once a month I take it home with me to clean it up So is there a program especially suited to such a list that offers setting up levels of security access easily simple but effective search criteria eg not just by Surname is very portable both OS s and file size has the kind of fix remedies ASAP utilities provides in Excel eg delete all leading trailing spaces make selection Capitals allows formatting of cells eg not but for a date At the moment since the file is not networked it only needs to be viewed by pc s but with the right program it could go back onto the network would need copy amp paste function restricted and copy file I d welcome any ideas or suggestions I did begin to try it with an old Lotus Suite package but that took me back to relational forms etc and the list didn t transport well It also wouldn t import for some reason and so would take a lot of time to enter The look up search was much better offering quot sounds like quot etc options I look forward to your feedback comments amp suggestions Jayburne nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I'm searching for an email program for my computer.

A:Which email program if any do you recommend?

I have lots of emails. I use Outlook for my computer, and Yahoo! as my personal email.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/357999-email-program-if-any-do-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Is there a program you can install that will automatically update (backup) files you select and copy them onto a CDRW?

I keep most of that sorta stuff on my D drives but I'm always worried about losing my contacts, bookmarks, my documents etc should a virus show up or should I need to reformat (again) for whatever reason.

One is running XP Pro, the other Win 2000, networked together, any advice??

Thanks Will

Relevancy 53.75%

Are there any programs out there that will mask or hide your ip address when surfing? I am currently using a cable access...

Relevancy 53.75%

I have Windows XP SP1, and Roxio CD Creator came bundled with the computer, but it only lets me make audio CD's, so I can't put all varieties of files onto CD-R's unless I have a pre-packaged ISO file. Can someone recommend a good CD-burning / ISO-creating (both would be even better) program that's available for download? I'd prefer FLOSS, but freeware is just as good.

A:can you recommend a cd burning program?

Nero is the best one, but good free one is Deepburner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-recommend-a-cd-burning-program.422765/
Relevancy 53.75%

My yearly subscription to a program called NoAdware is about to expire. Over the year, it did find and remove two or three infections but left a large number of them untouched. I have Spybot and Ad-Aware but they left behind stuff too. Can someone recommend a good adware remover I can use?

A:Recommend adware program

A couple of other free ones you can try are SuperAntiSpyware and a-squared Free. If you want to spend a little money get Webroot Spy Sweeper or Spyware Doctor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-adware-program.539486/
Relevancy 53.32%

As the topic states, what free firewall program do you reccomend? Other than the one built into windows 7. Really all I need it to do is have it make a popup when a program tries to access the net in anyway and allow me to block or allow it, kinda like zone alarm does. Someone told me zone alarm isin't any good really, or that its bad for some reason so I got rid of it.

Thanks all for any suggestions.

A:What free firewall program do you all recommend?

I personally prefer the Comodo Firewall

Firewall Download, Windows 7 Firewall Security, Firewall Protection for Windows 7

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/247550-what-free-firewall-program-do-you-all-recommend.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My best friend recently lost her husband and she is wanting to put together a nice slide show with music, text, images etc.

Any suggestion for an easy to use program to put together this type of tribute?

She uses windows machine and she has ulead photo impact as well.

Also don't have a lot of money to spend on any fancy program.

Thanks

A:Recommend a Slide Show Program

She can make the slideshow online or download a free pc tool to finish her work.

Online version
http://www.magisto.com/
http://www.wevideo.com/

Free desktop tools
Photo story for windows, Magix Slideshow Maker..
Download them from CNET Download Center

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-a-slide-show-program.1122523/
Relevancy 53.32%

Is there any good program to manage TV series, movies, etc in divx format? Something like iTunes, but for videos?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recommend-me-a-program-like-itunes-but-for-divx-258229.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Any one have good recommendation for speaker testing? Such as testing for problems in speaker?

A:Any Program To Recommend For Speaker Test?

hey,just use windows media player,just have the sound very low,when playing a song,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58815/any-program-to-recommend-for-speaker-test/
Relevancy 53.32%

Unbelievably I cannot find a reliable synchronization program. All programs I have tried (most of them freeware), somehow have some inconvenient behavior, e.g. if an error occurs the synch-process is stopped, instead of done to the end and then display the errors occurred. Or when a file is in use by another process they synchronization is stopped, also etc.

So which (paid or freeware) programs are recommended?

Nice greetings, Dirk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/searching-synchronisation-program-which-one-do-you-recommend.836365/
Relevancy 53.32%

Firstly, I fully appreciate the illegality of sharing certain files. But there is also a legitimate purpose to P2P in terms of sharing files or music you've written yourself, freeware and certain copyright free items such as teaching aids/ some music/ some spoken word files/ emulators etc etc. If you wish to do this using P2P, what is a suitable spyware free P2P program?

Hello,
are there any P2Ps which don't load spyware onto your PC? I have heard Kazaa Lite doesn't have any spyware but.... given Kazaa is full of it I'm mildly dubious.
eVIL R

A:Can anyone recommend a spyware free P2P program?

http://forums.techguy.org/t147219.html Take a look at this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-recommend-a-spyware-free-p2p-program.265346/
Relevancy 53.32%

Could some one please recommend a good program to find all duplications in photos and other sites please?

Judy

Relevancy 53.32%

Guys, what have you all used that really does recover a PST password?

Doesn't matter if it costs money, but wanted to make sure it really works before buying something.

https://hardforum.com/threads/recommend-a-program-to-recover-a-pst-password.1884618/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been using Privacy Eraser Pro and it works well, but is there something better out their that is recommended from some experts ?

Delete History & Delete Internet History

A:Program Recommend For Clearing History

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/123805-program-recommend-clearing-history.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Norton has just stopped support, including virus definition updates, for the 2003 anti-virus edition and I am expecting a refund for the rest of my subscription which was supposed to be good until June 2005. Before I go ahead and purchase the 2005 edition, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations concerning other products on the market. I'm only familiar with Norton.

Relevancy 53.32%

This isn't specific to Windows 8.  It's more of a hardware issue in that my new computer won't run an Acronis rescue CD.  It generated a "Cannot load Linux kernel" error so I burned a new boot CD.  It won't run that one either but my other computer boots from both of them.

The new computer also boots from my Linux Mint DVD and my GParted CD so it seems to just have a beef with Acronis rescue CD.

It would be great if I could fix this but after two tries it seems hopeless.

I have seen a lot of other (free!) disk imagers since I got Acronis but I never needed to try any of them.

Can you recommend one that does basically what Acronis does?  Free would be a big factor in my decision.  Thanks.

A:Please recommend a disk image program

Here are 3 examples of disk imaging software:

1.  Macrium Reflect - http://www.macrium.com/ 

2. R-Drive Image - http://www.drive-image.com/

3. Norton Ghost - http://download.cnet.com/Norton-Ghost/3000-2242_4-10798.html

Currently using Macrium Reflect and prefer to use a flash drive to boot into the imaging software but I've heard good reviews about all three of them.

Vlady

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559727/please-recommend-a-disk-image-program/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there

Please please can you recommend a decent burning software that I can burn avi files & mpegs directly to DVD so they will play in a home DVD player.

I am going round in circles round the net, but anyway I will cry no more. I dont want this for free either I will pay if its decent although If its cheap then thats a good bonus :

So Burning software that will burn avi to dvd and be watchable on home player.

Good value if possible.

I am running Vista 64.

Thanks very much, any help will be much appreciated

A:please recommend good program for burning

OUCH! Vista 64...I was going to recommend either Pinnacle Studio or Premiere Elements until I saw the 64.

You need to know what codec was used to make the avi and see if a program you are interested in will handle that avi. For instance, most if not all will handle the DV avi but only certain ones will handle (import) a divx avi.

If you ever go back to 32 bit OS then Premiere Elements. I can't make a recommendation other than from my posterior as to function on Vista 64.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-recommend-good-program-for-burning.639100/
Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a GB usb zip drive for daughter for school I had previously downloaded onto my son s zip drive an anti virus program that would scan whatever he put on it Darn if I can t find my son s zip drive now lost somewhere in the black hole of his room Can t seem to find the program on his computer either probably because I ve had to re-format it twice now Learned the anti-virus for recommend program drive usb hard way when recommend anti-virus program for usb drive he brought something home on his zip drive that I could then not get out of his computer it was a free very easy to use program Anyway long explanation for a short question Any recommendations for a free program to download onto DD s new zip drive She ll be using it to bring work to and from school I see a few programs out there but wondered if there was a quot best one quot Can t remember name of the one I put on son s zip drive but it was really easy to use It stayed on the drive and could be downloaded to any computer and would scan the zip drive s contents Thanks for you help You folks always come through for me nbsp

A:recommend anti-virus program for usb drive

Hi,
Was it one of these two?
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?q=antivirus&m=Search

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-anti-virus-program-for-usb-drive.855092/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been reading on these forums that the pre-installed AV software programs that come wtih Vista such as McAfee and Norton bog down the system use a lot of RAM slow down boot up time hog resources etc I m only on day of the day trial of Norton that came with my new system Which anti-virus programs do you guys recommend I ve used Panda for the last year It was ok but I wasn t happy with it It never alerted me to any viruses Although I don t think I had any I m sure I had malware or adware and it never alerted me to that stuff AVS Norton hp came Which My with do new recommend? and Vista AV Premium, program you either I felt it didn t give me enoug information I used McAfee years ago about or so Not familiar with it Which AVS program do you recommend? My new hp came with Vista Premium, and Norton AV these days Is it good I used eTrust year before last and I thought it was horrible Gues you get what you pay for It was about Any good advice is appreciated nbsp

A:Which AVS program do you recommend? My new hp came with Vista Premium, and Norton AV

AVAST runs great on a VISTA machine and is FREE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-avs-program-do-you-recommend-my-new-hp-came-with-vista-premium-and-norton-av.653526/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a broken laptop that has everything on it. I did back up to an
external hard drive Segate using the Bounce Back Express. When I get
my laptop fixed, I would like to transfer application/programs from laptop
to desktop, both have XP Professional. I know I will need program with
this data cable, but which one. My last questions would be can I transfer
programs/files with that program from a laptop with XP Professional to
Windows 7. Buying a new laptop within 10 days.
Please Advise.
Thanks
Duvall

A:Can anyone recommend a Application & file transfer program?

Transfering your files back depends on the method of how you have backed them up.
If you have done it using Bounce Back Express, maybe this application has option for restoring the files?

Also if you want to transfer application files from XP to Win 7 this will not work.
You will need to reinstall all applications on Windows 7 and then transfer your other files such as video,music,pictures etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-anyone-recommend-a-application-and-file-transfer-program-530224.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Can you recommend a good, free antivirus/antimalware program that doesn't occupy too much space and therefore slow my pc down? Thank you!

A:Recommend a good free antivirus program

You ask a question we get quite often. With that in mind our very own quietman7 has written up a very good overview and provided valuable information. There is no one size fits all choice when it comes to antivirus or malware protection tools and resources.Please take a look here: Choosing an Anti-Virus ProgramThe entire topic has good information and should be read as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517479/recommend-a-good-free-antivirus-program/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm finishing up rebuilding from a bad hard drive. I got no warning that there was a problem (but I wasn't really looking either).
I think I should have some software installed that monitors my hard drives (reads SMART or tests the drive, or such) and lets me know if something is going bad.

So what do you recommend?
I've seen Gibson SpinRite, Passmark DiskCheckup, And Priiform Speccy mentioned here. Is there any consensus among the IT professionals as to what is the best program or method to keep an eye on my hard drives for pending problems? I have computers with Hitachi, HGST, WD, Seagate, and some SSDs by Corsair, Kingston, and Samsung (and probably a few I've forgotten about) so a single program that works with all drive brands would be nice.

Thanks for your feedback.

A:Can you recommend a good Hard Drive maintenance program?

Never had any issues with Crucial's SSD's.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/67120-can-you-recommend-good-hard-drive-maintenance-program.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello , I just recently purchased a ASUS computer.

But it came with 2 partions

C:/ 75 GB
D:/ 275 GB

The C:/ Has all the windows files.

The D:/ has nothing on it. I want to merge both C:/ and D:/, without losing anything on C:/,

Can anyone recommend me a program to do this?

Thank you.

Image here:

A:How do you merge two hard drive partions? Recommend me a program?

You'll need to delete the D: partition using the following tutorial...
Partition or Volume - Delete

...and then extend the size of the C: drive using the following tutorial.
Partition or Volume - Extend

This can all be done from Disk Management (a Windows program) so no external software is needed.

EDIT: Before this, follow what Shawn has posted below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183235-how-do-you-merge-two-hard-drive-partions-recommend-me-program.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Would any of you please tell me which quot system utility services? recommend of & Please program removing a capable programs program quot you would use in order to keep track of all of the new files especially exe-files amp dll-files which tend to be inserted into the quot WINDOWS quot folder the folder which holds the system folder amp private files which are essential to operate Windows XP system after you install a new program Is there a Please recommend a program capable of removing programs & services? system utility program which works well even if the system restore service is disabled and Please recommend a program capable of removing programs & services? can track what file s go where amp which files have been placed in the system folder amp other places that are generally infiltrated when you install a shareware-program in quot free-trial mode quot I know some programs like Ashampoo Uninstaller but it doesn t seem to keep track of all of the files that are inserted into my WINDOWS folder especially the system amp other sub-folders And I ve read about quot Returnil Virtual System Premium quot or quot XPLite quot which allow Windows XP-users to remove all traces of a program but I don t know if either of them can work without using the System Restore service If you would suggest an uninstaller that can absolutely remove all unwanted and non-essential programs as well as remove unwanted quot services quot please tell me so Thanks for your time amp patience I would appreciate any advice or links in regards to this topic nbsp

A:Please recommend a program capable of removing programs & services?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-recommend-a-program-capable-of-removing-programs-services.794326/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I am sick and tired of attempting to figure out Window's faulty file sharing system so I've decided to look elsewhere for a file sharing solution.

What program would you guys recommend? I want to be able to share files between all computers on the network but also watch video files without actually transferring them over.

Please do not recommend any tips on how to fix my Windows file sharing setup, I'm looking for a 3rd party program at this point.

Thanks!

A:Please recommend a LAN file sharing program that can stream videos

The easiest way is to get a router that has USB ports included. You then put your external hard drive to it and all of the computers connected to that router will be able to stream videos, etc. For a Netgear router which I'm using, the path is \\readyshare\USB_Storage. You can see this path in the network pane of Windows explorer as long as network discovery and file and printer sharing is enabled. You don't need to worry about these settings as long as you choose your connection as "Home" profile and not "public"

I can't help you with 3rd party software since I mainly use the method above to stream videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305872-please-recommend-lan-file-sharing-program-can-stream-videos.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone recommend a secure file shredding program

Thanks in advance.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8173 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114442 MB, Free - 30503 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 853697 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8P67-M PRO
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

A:Solved: Recommend secure file shredding program

Hi,
I've seen (free) Eraser recommended for basic tasks like that. It's not for wiping an entire hard drive.
http://eraser.heidi.ie/

Hope that's of interest?
Richard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recommend-secure-file-shredding-program.1125245/
Relevancy 52.03%

Has anyone got any good recommendations on some good quot easy to use quot free internet security software please I help out quite a few Silver Surfers old age pensioners around good Recommend a security internet please program free my area as a sort Recommend a good free internet security program please of help the community kinda thing I do it for nothing as allot of the old folks don't have ha-pennies to rub together and I hate it when they get ripped off by the large IT companies out there that just wanna take them for all that they have Thing is I use a paid for internet security program and I haven't really played with any freeware programs in this field that are out there I'm looking for something that is really basic with minimal user intervention that will keep them fairly Recommend a good free internet security program please safe as lately I've had a spate of malware and adware problems that I've had to help sort out of them are using AVG for normal virus like activity but allot of them are getting duped by fake quot anti virus quot programs like quot Antivirus quot and multiple malware programs etc I've done some research into the following but would like to have your opinions on the best way forward Online Armor ZoneAlarm Free Firewall PC Tools Firewall Plus PrivateFirewall Comodo Firewall Pro Agnitum Outpost Firewall PS quite a few of the PC's are entry level so could you also give an indication on any performance issues as this would also be greatly appreciated Nick

A:Recommend a good free internet security program please

Comodo is a very interactive firewall, but I really enjoy it, and it's very friendly. It also has an anti-virus as well. A lot of my IT friends recommend zonealarm as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/118032-recommend-good-free-internet-security-program-please.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello

I have a xvid file on my computer and i would like to convert it to svcd format.
Could someone recommend me a free program which can do this?

A:Solved: Recommend me a program. xvid/divx to svcd

http://www.videohelp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recommend-me-a-program-xvid-divx-to-svcd.576218/
Relevancy 52.03%

Can someone recommend a free gif animator that runs on windows 7 64 bit?
preferably one that is portable, does not need administrator rights to install.

looking for the best way, after exporting a number of gif files from microsoft picture manager, into an animated gif file that can then be inserted into powerpoint.

I cannot use an online website to do it.

thanks.

A:recommend free portable gif animate program win7

This viewer can run .gif. It has a lot of other nice features.

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/391408-recommend-free-portable-gif-animate-program-win7.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've recently noticed images from my websites appearing on other sites. Wanted to know what program you'd recommend which would enable me to place a logo and/or byline on a batch of photos at a time.

Looking for a relatively inexpensive program that's easy to use.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 51.6%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 51.6%

The only thing like this that I use is CC Cleaner, but there are literally thousands of others and some are viruses posing as beneficial utilities so I'm scared to try Google.

I'm looking for personal recommendations from the wonderful, knowledgeable TSF Staff. :)

Oh and I already know the best thing to check first is viruses/malware, drivers and overheating issues so let us stick to performance enhancement & cleaning software only thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Can you recommend a good 'tune-up/speed-up' program for Vista?

Google is ur best friend! Well anyway u might ant to try jvPowerTools 2009 (shareware), TuneUp Utilities 2009 (shareware), AusLogics BoostSpeed (shareware) I have all of those, my PC has been running like the first day I bought it, 2 years ago.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-can-you-recommend-a-good-tune-up-speed-up-program-for-vista-383420.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Every year my family does some fundraising for a charity we support We kick off our campaign with an email to past supporters and to give it a quot personalized look quot basically name in the salutation and a Can can good a someone free program handle email merge? recommend that reference to how much money they've given in the past I've used the ancient Pegasus email program which the first time I had this need was the only free email software I could find that could handle my requirements Those Can someone recommend a good free email program that can handle merge? requirements are Let me compose a formatted bolds underlines colors email template Take input that is generated from a spreadsheet in Pegasus's case the sheet gets saved as a tab-separated text file turned into a data file Then a quot merged quot message is sent out one to each recipient from the data file and formatted as the template message is Pegasus is a klunky and less-than-intuitive piece of software that I always have to relearn to be able to use and I'm wondering what's out there free easy to use and better today If it matters we're talking about - generated emails that would Can someone recommend a good free email program that can handle merge? be handled in a merge

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/395328-can-someone-recommend-good-free-email-program-can-handle-merge.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was using Zscreen but it is really badly coded and used to take 20 seconds too launch, now it wont launch at all and latest version has errors in it for me.... its terrible program which is shame as its very usefull

can anyone recommend a similar program?

I would like to be able to crop screenshot out and have it auto-uploaded to an image host ...if possible

thanks

A:can any1 recommend a screenshot capture program that has crop/upload

Have a look in following

http://download.cnet.com/ScreenHunter-Free/3000-2192_4-10063246.html
Photobie
Screenshot Captor
MWSnap
Jing
ScreenHunter Free
Some of these has photo editing tools including cropping. I am not sure about uploading. Anyway I haven't used any of this but I am sure these are good because all the software has good "editor ratings"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-any1-recommend-a-screenshot-capture-program-that-has-crop-upload.1001888/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm looking for a GREAT program (or combination of programs) that will show me the true startup time for all apps, services, add-ons, etc. in order to help me improve my current boot time of close to five minutes. Any other suggestions are welcome also. I have tried to make Automatic services Manual - only to find that some other unexpected app is affected. The same holds true with apps which I didn't think I needed. It is almost impossible to shut down after every change and check every app for changes or to see if they are somehow affected. Please help.................

A:Recommend a GREAT program to show true startup times for all items

I would be interested to know if such a program exist to see startup times.

For services you can check Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/369907-recommend-great-program-show-true-startup-times-all-items.html
Relevancy 51.17%

BTW if this is in the wrong forum then please tell me and then move as appropriate Thanks Yesterday I was trying to put my Packard Bell iMedia running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack to sleep and I got a blue screen with the following error codes STOP x x x C A xC x Following that I could not boot in any mode further than the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen at which point the same blue screen was displayed Today I decided to go ahead with a Packard Bell Partial Recovery which allows you to retain your data At first the System Restore on the first screen and Partial Recovery on the second screen options were greyed out and then Bell recovery Data following Packard partial recovery System Restore randomly became available so I tried that got an error message clicked quot OK quot the first time and closed it the second time and both times it restarted Then Partial Recovery was suddenly available So I went ahead with that and when it came to the screen where it asked me what user I wanted to retain the only option was quot No Profile quot Thinking that my data would still be in the place the instructions said it would be C documents and settings Chosen user name I went ahead with quot No Profile quot The recovery ran and the computer restarted and Windows started up again as if it was the first time I'd ran the computer So I created the two user accounts that had previously existed and then logged in with mine Among other messages due to the computer thinking it was new again a Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery Packard Bell window came up telling me that Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery the recovery had succeeded and my data was in quot C documents and settings Chosen user name quot It wasn't there And it's not there for the other account for Default User for All Users or for Shared Documents There is however about GB of the hard drive being used up by something and I don't know what So after all that I really have two questions Is my data still on the computer Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery If so can I recover it I'm on an old Compaq with Windows ME right now BTW I was able to hook it up to my monitor and get an internet connection It's just as well I had it

A:Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery

clarification - does your documents and settings folder only shows your new accounts?

do you have two window folders? Try a windows search for your old profile folder and see what it comes up with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-following-packard-bell-partial-recovery-205468.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 50.74%

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya I managed to lose one of my HDD s with all my multimedia on it and have been trying unsuccessfully Pc Data File Recovery Inspector Recovery With to regain it with PCINSPECTOR The Data Recovery With Pc Inspector File Recovery HDD ISNT where my windows is installed and has become corrupted something happened with the partition and it went kablooey The problem i seem to be having with PCINSPECTOR is that it comes up with for example quot Cluster MP quot and it doesn t work Is it something wrong with how im using PCI or something like that I scan for drives Choose quot NONAME on FIXED DISK quot scan for logical drives and withing the first ten seconds it comes up with two partitions Choosing the second one i get these files and the first one nothing Scanning them for FAT So basically am i using quot PCI FR quot properly am i doing something wrong and or is there a cheap better alternative with results Patch Sorry guys bt i managed to fix this with the use of a different program Awesome program I m gonna plug it now quot R Studio quot well worth the investment My Multimedia was worth the odd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152008/data-recovery-with-pc-inspector-file-recovery/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm trying to instal Skype on my PC and I keep getting this error message: 'An error occured while attempting to create the directory: c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu.

This is what I've done to try and remedy it:

1. Right clicked the installer file and tried to run as Administrator. Didn't work.
2. Changed security permissions on the folder ProgramData and give full control to me. Didn't work.

The folder is 50% transparent and something's not right with it but I can't figure out why.

A:Can't install program - Program Data folder permissions?

Hi kentabu,Welcome to the forums , Have you tried this little trick ? Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/193543-cant-install-program-program-data-folder-permissions.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I ll try to give an exact account of what has happened GB of ISO files in a folder on my desktop I drag and drop the folder into an opened folder window this folder is futher in my C New folder is created and a message says some files is in use and stops immediately Close program delete partial folder created Message says files too large for recycle bin do you want to perm delete them Yes Drag and drop folder again nothings there when I open it The whole process took no time at all Never once did I see a status bar even blink on the screen No waiting time whatsoever Here s the fun part My drive In Program Recovery Showing Not Files Recovery: Up File properites shows a GB decrease in size and no iso files show up in a search I tired one file recovery freeware program and only of the iso s even showed up All were quot over written quot and not recoverable Restarted the computer Ran File Recovery: Files Not Showing Up In Recovery Program it again now no iso s show up I had a pretty knowledgeable programer help me through the above steps and they tried several options I can not describe because they involved command prompt and other things I m clueless about Unfortunately Windows is not their hot subject so suggestions are more than welcome Any ideas as to where the heck the files went Is it worth it to try other recovery programs or will that just increase my chance of actually writing over the iso s Vista Home Edition Maxtor DiamondMax HD ASUS A N-SLI MB Thanks a bunch I would greatly appreciate having the second half of my hard drive back nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, i am requesting some technical assitance in solving this issue.

i have a hard disk that has been recently affected by [email protected] virus and all the .doc and xls files have been reduced to 1kb irispective of their initial sizes and when you open the files you get this error; DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]

I would like to recover the affected files to their original state, i have searched the internet over and no one seems to have the solution documented

currently i am trying to download QuickView Plus (Version 8), i have tried all aplications i can come across, including recover my files, winhex, get data back for ntfs, and r-studio.

i am honestly intrested in documenting the solution to this problem, and am intrested in suggestins on the best way to approach this

looking forward to your favourable reply.

regards

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] Data Recovery

You will most likely need to restore those files from a backup. But don't do anything until you've made sure the virus is gone. Don't want to reinfect the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-data-recovery.504545/
Relevancy 44.72%

Things aren't progressing well with my dead hard drive, so I wondered if - worst case - anyone has data recovery places that they'd recommend, preferably in New York City.

:dead:

A:Data recovery in NYC?

The average cost really begins at $450 despite their "free estimates" or $279 flat fee claims. Is your damage at that value? If the plates are cracked or the magnetic material peeled off, or the bearings welded together, it still costs you $450 for no data rescued.
We recommend a place in Ontario, Canada as they best you can find.
Have you tried installing the drive in a USB enclosure that has its own power supply to see what you can see, or if the drive turns?

Some of these may not still be in business. Some data here is from my two-year old book, but these were good when last used.

Here are some we have used with good results when our clients needed a rush job for payroll or taxes or whatever.
Hard Drive Recovery; Free Evaluation, Fees start at $279, 877-840-3282
www.acsdatarecovery.com

Data Recovery/Repair, NYC; Fast www.AmnetDataSolutions.com
New York, NY

Hard Drive Recovery Experts; RAID, NAS, SAN server recovery. 888-567-8328
www.OntrackDataRecovery.com. Been in the business for at least 24 years; I think they are tied into the Ontario, Canada firm

Data Recovery New York; (212) 661-1145. Free consultation
www.ComputerAdvisorsNY.com

Hard Disk Data Recovery; Experienced, Reliable; www.MilesTechnologies.com/Recovery
New York, NY

Recover Data Quickly
www.DriveCrash.com $279 Data Recovery Flat Rate.
Has "Class 100" clean-room; corporate work as well.
www.aerodr.com

New York computer repairs; data recovery consultat free (212) 361-9981
www.BnyTech.com

Drive Recovery of New York; www.WeRecoverData.com/New-York/NY Hard Drives, RAID, Disk, Server; Free Est 212-594-5946

Data Recovery Service
www.DataRecoveryLabs.com No Recovery No Fee - All work done on site - 866-340-0111

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-in-nyc.107720/
Relevancy 44.72%

so this drive which has data on it will not run. I have a bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate

that I plugged the drive into and I would not spin up.

now oddly, the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate used to have a red light indicating power and a green light indicating connection. now the red light does not work, however I tried another drive and it spins and was recognized by the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate.

so... assuming its only the LED red light that burnt out on the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate then I assume its the drive motor itself.

SO...

can I open the drive,

take out the disk and put that disk in another drive which I know works in order to read the info on the dead disk? will that work or am I going to encounter more problems?

Relevancy 44.72%

Recently my 80 g external drive started making a loud noise and before I could get around to back it up it crashed. I tried using software recovery but I doesnt even pick it up. I am only trying to recover 2 g picture folder. Does anyone know of an unexpensive place where I send this to? The cheapest I found was 525.00 but I am still looking. Any help would be appreciated.Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Data Recovery

Which program did you try? Some people have had luck with http://www.pcinspector.deMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105146/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I always thought that the best way to secure files is to put it on a CD or DVD because it would be there safely for a lifetime, keeping in mind that you should protect it from scratches or any form of physical damage to the CD. Just this morning I came across with an article saying that older CDs or DVDs will eventually have reading problems until the files are completely unrecoverable.It did not totally changed my way of thinking but somehow put a doubt on it. If this is true then we should recover the files on those media (CD/DVD) and transfer it into a new one. The same article also gave an overview on a couple of software to aid in recovery.Here's the link to that article:http://www.ghacks.net/2010/09/20/cd-dvd-data-recovery-software-overview/I hope that you would find this helpful.

A:CD DVD Data Recovery

Real-life (not accelerated aging) tests have revealed that some CD-Rs degrade quickly even if stored normally. The quality of a CD-R disc has a large and direct influence on longevity?low quality discs should not be expected to last very long. According to research conducted by J. Perdereau, CD-Rs are expected to have an average life expectancy of 10 years.Branding isn't a reliable guide to quality, because many brands (major as well as no name) do not manufacture their own discs. Instead they are sourced from different manufacturers of varying quality. For best results, the actual manufacturer and material components of each batch of discs should be verified.An example of a CD-R burned in 2000 showing dye degradation in 2008. Part of the data on it has been lost.Burned CD-Rs suffer from material degradation, just like most writable media. CD-R media have an internal layer of dye used to store data. In a CD-RW disc, the recording layer is made of an alloy of silver and other metals?indium, antimony, and tellurium. In CD-R media, the dye itself can degrade, causing data to become unreadable.As well as degradation of the dye, failure of a CD-R can be due to the reflective surface. While silver is less expensive and more widely used, it is more prone to oxidation resulting in a non-reflecting surface. Gold on the other hand, although more expensive and no longer widely used, is an inactive material, so gold-based CD-Rs do not suffer from this problem. - WikiSo as long you use "good quality" media, you're set for around 10 years.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417686/cd-dvd-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, I had a family video on cd-rom that I have played on my computer, somehow the cd-rom smashed in about 10 different places, is their anyway possible to recover the video from HD? As far far as im aware all information viewed is stored somewhere for recovery... not sure if this is the case for videos that has been played or just stuff that has been saved, it was the only copy and very important sentimental video, fingers crossed.

Any help really appreciated, thankyou.

A:Data Recovery.

If the video was only on CD ROM media, and the media is no longer good, sorry to say but no, the video is gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-141398.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all..

Does anyone know of any software that'll perform a data recovery on DDS tapes? I have recently perfomed a 2k backup on a DDS3 tape and after adding an additional fileset to the tape, the original became unreadable. After advice on this "common" error i removed both fileset names (was told that these would be discovered again) now all the data is invisible!!!

HELP!!

Relevancy 44.72%

After I formatted my computerm, I went to get files from the DVD RW I Burned before i formatted my computer, many of the files apper not to be there, how can i get them back corrupt free.

Thanks

WILLIAM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-data-recovery-221245.html
Relevancy 44.72%

what are the softwares I can use to recover deleted data from HDD....suppose if I shift+delete the data or i delete data from recycle bin....or i format the partition by mistake....

A:data recovery....

I've used the freeware PC Inspector to recover data from formatted and corrupt hard drives. If that doesn't work, there are better programs available, but they're not free.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-565242.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Recovering data from a hard drive - I am planning on using Photorec.
Anyone recommend any other good software for data recovery - free or paid?

Thanks

Dave

A:Data Recovery.......

Hi DaveThe software you linked to appears to recover mainly image files.Different recovery software will be better at different tasks. Below are the programs I own.Non of them are free and I listed them in order of preference except for the last two, which are external media focused.Might look like overkill but I develope software for the USGS. Can't lose anything I also keep multiple backups.R-Studio (Network Edition)Runtime's GetDataBack (Fat & NTFS Versions)Directory SnoopGetData's RecoverMyFilesSpinRiteHDD RegeneratorUndelete ProPCinspector's File RecoveryIsoBusterFlash Drive Recovery

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130582/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I tried Recuva, PCI, Pandora, regained some lost files but mostly clusters and unreadble files in some gibberish. I'm only interested in Microsoft word files I created, no pics or anything else. Thanks

A:Data Recovery

You might try...

Partition Find and Mount ? free partition recovery software - http://findandmount.com/

Easeus Data Recovery, http://www.ptdd.com/

GetDataBack - Data Recovery Software - http://runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361669/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

about a year ago i backed up all my family pictures onto a CD using Nero Burning ROM. As i remember it an error came up just as the disc was finishing (ive had this happen a few times over the years of using Nero Burning ROM and never thought anything of it; the data/music etc. that i put on the disc was always fine).
However, i recently had a hard drive fail and ive lost all my family pictures and when i try to get them from the backup disc my entire computer freezes until i eject the CD. i can open explorer and see the folders on the disc (e.g. Mum + Dad, Holiday 1995) but its only when i click on them to view the pictures inside that the computer freezes.

Is there anyway i can get my incredibly important (to me personally) back??

A:Data Recovery From A CD?

ive never used xcopy before...ive found some online instructions for it but how long should it take? its a full CD of pictures so 700MB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-a-cd.101675/