Windows Support Forum

Server Side Software/OS's

Q: Server Side Software/OS's

Why are there so many different requirements for a single piece of software for a server? Or for a server operating system? One I recently had to research for work had... 12 different server models with 12 different hardware configurations listed.

What makes servers so radically different from normal computers that a single piece of software changes from physical machine to physical machine?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239373/server-side-softwareoss/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Server Side Software/OS's

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.36%

Problem I m trying to retrieve a problem from sub server-side client-side Solved: variable setting client-side lt form gt element value into a server-side variable The code works if I explicitly set strCCLastNameValue a data value in the db table column quot care Contact Last Name quot such as quot Jones quot I hope I have explained the situation adequately Thanks for any suggestions on resolving this issue Here s the code Solved: problem setting server-side variable from client-side sub in an asp file lt script language quot Solved: problem setting server-side variable from client-side sub VBScript quot gt Sub Solved: problem setting server-side variable from client-side sub prepop lt Dim dbConn oRS sSQL strCCLastNameValue strCCLastNameValue document getElementById quot careContactLastName quot value THIS IS THE LINE THAT IS GIVING ME PROBLEMS Set dbConn Server CreateObject quot ADODB Connection quot dbConn Open quot Provider SQLOLEDB Server MYServerurl Database wpgXXXXX NetworkLibrary DBMSSOCN UID XXXXX PWD YYYYYYYY quot Set oRS Server CreateObject quot ADODB Recordset quot oRS CursorLocation adUseClient With oRS ActiveConnection dbConn Source quot SELECT FROM CareMinistry WHERE care Contact Last Name quot amp strCCLastNameValue amp quot quot CursorType LockType CursorLocation Open End With oRS MoveFirst gt Then fill the lt form gt with the selected row document addform entryStatus value quot lt oRS quot entry Status quot gt quot document addform entryCategory value quot lt oRS quot entry Category quot gt quot document addform entryDate value quot lt oRS quot entry Date quot gt quot document addform entryTime value quot lt oRS quot entry Time quot gt quot document addform careContactLastName value quot lt oRS quot care Contact Last Name quot gt quot and more fields to fill lt Close objects gt End Sub In the asp file which invokes the above sub on a quot onclick quot event of the following lt input gt the Form is as follows lt form name quot addform quot method quot POST quot action quot https toMyWebserver CBC-CareMinistry RELM do DB listings secure asp quot gt lt Table cellspacing quot quot cellpadding quot quot bgcolor quot ffffff quot width quot quot BORDER quot quot gt lt tr gt lt td width quot quot height quot quot align quot right quot bgcolor quot FFFFCC quot gt Search on Last Name lt td gt lt td height quot quot bgcolor quot FFFFCC quot gt lt input type quot text quot name quot searchCareContactLastName quot id quot searchCareContactLastName quot value quot quot size quot quot gt lt td gt lt td bgcolor quot FFFFCC quot gt lt input type quot button quot name quot nameGo quot id quot nameGo quot value quot Go quot size quot quot onclick quot return prepop quot gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt The SQL table defines multiple columns each of which is of type quot varchar quot with the column of interest being care Contact Last Name nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello everyone For a couple of days now I've software Side Side Errors by all for Overwhelming been Overwhelming Side by Side Errors for all software working on a solution for my spontaneous no spell check because firefox chrome refuse to launch Side by Side configuration errors to no avail Overwhelming Side by Side Errors for all software Most programs refuse to launch giving the usual quot directory for said program This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect quot I cannot uninstall repair any software using the control panel and most software even give me errors that they cannot be found and can be quot unlisted quot SFC via command prompt reported several failed file verifications but and look at my luck recieves even more errors when trying to fix them Hence I'm back where I started Sxstrace produces a logfile filled with gibberish characters and not one intelligible word I can look at To make things even more fun for me I was not able to boot windows from a USB flash drive or from a DVD for also unknown reasons Whenever I try to read W disk Windows informs me that it is an empty disk The same DVD works fine on a different PC and whenever I try to burn a disk I also get another error Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Grav EDIT To my information and using different AV Anti-malware for critical scans there were no malware of any kind Also I'm pretty clean conservative about what I do on my PC so I don't really need an AV inthe first place

A:Overwhelming Side by Side Errors for all software

Did you do the SFC following steps from this tutorial? You might need to run it multiple times, and each time it will fix something.

Your windows 7 is clearly corrupted and SFC is clearly the way to go (other than a repair install or a full reinstall), but booting from a DVD is handled by the BIOS (the motherboard's own firmware) that runs on its own, so it will work regardless of windows 7 condition if the DVD itself is ok. BIOS works even without Windows 7. That's the entire point of it.

Can you go in bios options (also called Setup when the PC is powered on, it will write a line in white text on the black screen to say what key to press to enter BIOS or Setup, it is usually F1, F2, Del or F10 depending on what PC is that) use the keyboard arrows to move around and make sure that the boot order has the CD/DVD drive before the hard drive? Then save and exit BIOS (from the last tab to the right).

Then place the dvd in the reader and restart. Then follow the tutorial linked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296295-overwhelming-side-side-errors-all-software.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Windows 7 Community!
While my Ubuntu is broken, I am using my security blanket Windows, but need some help with two videos. I have two videos, one with a view in front of the object and one from a view from behind the object. Both of these cameras recorded the object falling over, and I would like to see the two videos, the front view on the top, and the the back view below it, like a split screen together. I have Googled for a hour, and am unsure of what software can do this. I cannot use paid software, since I this is a small project. Can anyone help?

A:Two Videos Side By Side in One Video - What Software Can Do This?

No idea how well it works but AviSynth should be able to do it. Unfortunately the main site is down at the moment but you can find download links here,

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

and can find out just about anything about it here,

Capturing and Editing Video - Doom9's Forum

something to play with while waiting for another recommendation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/150007-two-videos-side-side-one-video-what-software-can-do.html
Relevancy 53.75%

A questions about World of Watrcraft, are all the saves stored on the server? Just wondering because my friend is wanting to get this game then continue playing on a different computer in the future, will he be able to just log in then see the characters he has? If not how could he solve this please ?

A:WoW Server Side?

Yes all charecter information is stored Server Side.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-server-side.331341/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a broadband connection at home, with a Netgear D834G router, on dynamic IP address. Have registered with dyndns.org.

I want to be able to connect to machines on the home network when out and connected to the internet at wireless hotspots, work network etc.

Have found loads of articles on Google on how to setup the client side of a VPN connection, but how to setup a machine on the home net to accept the VPN connection. Do I need a specific machine running win 2k server or will a machine running win2k be enough.

Cheers

Neil P

Relevancy 52.89%

got a few oddities going on with some information being pulled overnight and not being dumped when it's supposed to be. Short story shorter, I am currently manually checking about 5 directories on the server side daily, and while it doesn't take that long, I reckon this is a great chance to learn more about scripts.

All directories are under a master directory, and all I want to do is check the size of them at 7 am CST, either daily, or m-f, and either have the output mailed to me or dumped into a .csv file.

The kicker is that, if possible, I'd also like all the sub-directories and their size listed as well. That, however, is not critical until I can winnow out main directory (out of the 5 or so) that is chewing up disk space.

Sounds simple, but my .vbs is rusted beyond recovery.

thanks,

v

Relevancy 52.46%

i just bought a vpn account with a dedicated ip i was able to connect the first time through the vpn connector sent by the server admin it worked fine the first time although it did not appear in the task bar i restarted my computer without ending the session and after that i couldn t login i kept getting the error wrong user name or password i emailed the server admin and was told that i was only allowed one session at a time i think the session did not end on the server side although it ended on my side how can i set up my vpn so that the session ends on the server side even if my computer restarts is there some special client i could use also how can i end the vpn session on server side thanks ps i still get the same error i think the guy i bought the vpn account from deosnt understand english very well this is the latest reply from him quot after each connection you need wait afew seconds and try again I checked your vpn account It is good and work fine quot i still cant connect could on end side wont session vpn server it be that my account has been hacked nbsp

A:vpn session wont end on server side

Bought a VPN account? Can you explain what this means?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-session-wont-end-on-server-side.894118/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
this is continuation of
this issue I am still not able to resolve. I have already tried Microsoft Answer Desk in "connect to outlook.com with applications and devices" category without any success. The told me they don't support applications related issues.

Where can I get support for the server side of the Mail / Calendar / People apps ?

Short description of the issue: Windows 8.1 Mail app push notifications stopped working 20 Jan 2016 on
all my Windows PC/Tablet devices for my Microsoft account. The same behavior is with Windows clean install so it must be a
server side issue.

I have created Word document with detailed description of the issue (that nobody has read yet I think), the open public anonymized version for support team is here
http://1drv.ms/1SnMbZ8

Thanks for any constructive help, Petr

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ed9973b5-3533-4087-a6fe-3379674b848d/where-to-get-support-for-server-side-of-mail-app-?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

I m new to PHP so some of my terms etc may rightly sound newbesque Anyway I m trying to implement a referral form onto one of my pages and while it works fine when the URL is put in directly when the page is accessed through the main page the form fails to show side server PHP issue include up I am using a frameset which may have something to do with it I gave the page with the SSI a php suffix seemingly a common cause for form failure and like I said everything works fine when not accessed through the framed homepage Here is the php for the form and PHP server side include issue ssi PHP server side include issue respectively lt php File inc recommend php GateQuest Inc - gatequest net Author D Stewart email protected Update - - Version Config Section sitename Writers Essentials Name of your site url http www writersessentials com Web address for your site webmasterEmail email protected Your email address receiveNotifications no yes If yes you will be notified of the recipients and the message errorstyleclass error The class that specifies the CSS error color numberofrecipients Number of recipient email address fields to be displayed emailsubject Website Recommendation from name Email subject line emailmessage quot Hello n r name thought you would like to visit the following site url quot Message in email body End Config mailsent false errormessages array errorfields array if count POST gt if get magic quotes gpc POST strip magic quotes POST if empty POST name errormessages Please enter your name errorfields name if empty POST email errormessages Please enter your email address errorfields email else if eregi quot a-z - - a-z - - a-z quot POST email errormessages Please enter a proper email address for yourself errorfields email for i count count POST to i lt count i if empty POST to i unset POST to i if empty POST to errormessages Please enter at least one friend s email address errorfields to else foreach POST to as key gt value if empty value if eregi quot a-z - - a-z - - a-z quot value errormessages Please enter email address key proper errorfields quot to key quot Now if there are no errors send the message if empty errormessages emailsubject str replace name POST name emailsubject emailsubject str replace email POST email emailsubject emailmessage str replace name POST name emailmessage emailmessage str replace url url emailmessage emailmessage quot r n n quot POST message quot n n n nNote This message was not sent unsolicited It was sent through a form located at url quot quot If you believe this message was received on error please disregard it quot emailheader quot From quot POST email quot r n quot quot Reply-To quot POST email quot r n quot quot X-Mailer GateQuest php Site Recommender r n quot sent array foreach POST to as key gt value if mail value emailsubject emailmessage emailheader sent value failed array diff POST to sent mailsent true if receiveNotifications subject Someone recommended your site message This is a message to tell you that POST name POST email sent a website recommendation to implode sent quot n nMessage quot POST message headers From webmasterEmail quot r n quot X-Mailer GateQuest php Site Recommender mail webmasterEmail subject message headers gt lt php if mailsent echo empty sent lt p gt Message was successfully sent to implode sent lt p gt echo empty failed lt p gt Message was NOT successfully sent to implode failed lt br gt Please try again later lt p gt echo lt p gt Thank you very much for recommending sitename lt p gt else if count POST gt amp amp empty errormessages echo lt table gt lt tr gt lt td gt lt span class quot errorstyleclass quot gt echo The following error s occured lt br gt foreach errormessages as value echo amp nbsp amp nbsp amp raquo value lt br gt echo lt span gt lt br gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt gt lt table gt lt form method quot post quot action quot lt php echo SERVER PHP SELF gt quot gt lt tr gt lt td class quot formtexttitle quot colspan quot quot gt Recommend l... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/php-server-side-include-issue.469841/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey!

I've been doing a lotta stuff in flash lately, but I now I'd like to learn some server-side so I can do really neat stuff.
I know general c++ (I can create cmdline apps), but I don't know how to program for any APIs and I've never used it for anything usefull (well except a bogus-file creater).

So if I'm used to c++ (and actionscript) syntax what would be the easiest serverside stuff for me?

(not sure if this was the right place to put this)

A:Server-side programming for a c++ noob?

"Serverside"? If you mean active content for web pages, then C++ is not the tool for it. You use interpreted languages like PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, TCL or such for that. You can also use Java for certain things if you think that everyone visiting your website has a kickass connection and a fast computer.

If you mean UNIX programming, then there's nothing different to it that normal programming. You include the right headers and call the system functions just like any other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-side-programming-for-a-c-noob.49162/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying to install a new third party application which users SQL server 2008. When I try to install this applicatiuon I get an error message "ISS Server-Side Includes Fearur is not present"

How do I get this resolved.

A:IIS Server-Side Includes - How to activate

Do you have the value depicted in the image checked?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/204087-iis-server-side-includes-how-activate.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hiya In the past if you wanted to include the contents of one HTML file in another using FrontPage you had two choices The FrontPage quot Included Content quot component is easy to use and you can see your page in the editor and preview windows as it is going to look in a browser Server-Side (SSIbot) Add-in Dec Include 19 FrontPage: - the included contents are visible Server-Side Include Add-in (SSIbot) FrontPage: Dec 19 Unfortunately most webmasters prefer the quot server-side quot include method where a special command is required in HTML e g While this can be entered in the HTML Server-Side Include Add-in (SSIbot) FrontPage: Dec 19 window of FrontPage the included content is not shown in the FrontPage Editor or Preview windows Now you can have the benefits of server-side includes and still see in FrontPage how your page will look when published The Server-Side Include Add-in by Swanfield SSIbot is a component for FrontPage that acts like a FrontPage include while you are editing the page but puts a server-side include in the page used when the page is browsed In addition it controls the formatting of the include command and only allows valid commands to be inserted System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows Windows Windows ME Windows NT Windows XP Compatible with FrontPage FrontPage version and FrontPage http www microsoft com downloads a - ca - c-b -b a f b b amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-side-include-add-in-ssibot-frontpage-dec-19.190610/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I go to a webb site that uses server side script login it want login . The sites are Bloomlink.net and teleflora.com my wife has a florist and these sites have to be loged into for the auto printing to work. There support team cain't find the problem but I think I've narrowed it down to a script login issue I'm running 7 and have checked to make sure the advance settings are correct. When I go back to explorer 6 they kind of work but not like there supposed to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/server-side-login-script-problem-263152.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I host a webserver and a Teamspeak voice server on the same machine. Recently, my connection to the server just randomly timed out, and since then, it doesnt work. I can view the webserver on the server itself ( i can type localhost in the IE bar, and it will load) but i cant view it Internal or External , meaning I cant type in 192.168.1.102 in the IE bar on my computer. Any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-doesnt-work-on-external-side.539174/
Relevancy 52.03%

Node.js server-side java scriptNever installed it Cant locate it neither in apps & features nor in program files Still it's running as a proces in task manager and takes resources of the cpu. Is this a malware and how can i get rid if it?

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/nodejs-server-side-java-script/40429.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Does anyone know how do viruses infect one system via a client and server script side of things using Firefox as opposed to IE ? Is it a buffer overflow or some inherent feature of firefox which allows a system to become infected ? All this without downloading a file or opening an attachment ?

Thanks in advance.

A:How do client and server side scripting infect a computer

Perhaps if you rephrased the question while conforming to the English rules of syntax you'll get an answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253284/how-do-client-and-server-side-scripting-infect-a-computer/
Relevancy 50.74%

Having trouble location IIS manager on Vista Trying to open website node to find the site the OP is having issues with JIT Debugger (cannot locate configuration to disableASP Server-side scripting degug on Vista.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-enabled-asp-server-side-scripting-degug-on-vista.1024861/
Relevancy 49.88%

When rootkits are mentioned the things which come to mind are generally hackers, Trojans, even Sony BGM. Now you can add open source software to the list with the release of the first open source rootkit framework called Stoned.
A rootkit is a piece of software which, for nefarious purposes, aims to run undetected on your computer. It will hide itself from process listings and will seek to interfere with the ordinary running of your system to fulfil its own purposes.
A bootkit is a particular type of rootkit which kicks in when the computer boots and before any operating system has loaded. This can make it even more dangerous because it has full access to the system and cannot be removed by merely inspecting the operating system?s list of start-up services.

Read more -

iTWire - The dark side of open source software is Stoned

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/246318-dark-side-open-source-software-stoned.html
Relevancy 49.45%

how to setup a windows Xp with SP2 client to get updates form local [lan] Micosoft software update service server.

i did all in server side [downloaded ,approved etc..]
but in client side as per the documentation of SUS . i can't edit registry entries in Xp. Because there is not path in registry what the instruction path is in documentation guide
how ca i setup client side to get update from local SUS server.

A:Microsoft Software Update Service client side problem

Don't the instructions tell you how to create the registry entries?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-software-update-service-client-side-problem.410629/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I'm reading a message I have to scroll right to see the rest of the sentence. Is there a way to show the entire message in one window?

Thanks

A:Solved: Remove necessity to scroll side to side in order to read text.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remove-necessity-to-scroll-side-to-side-in-order-to-read-text.546692/
Relevancy 46.44%

G'day everyone - I suspect this issue will be a tough one to get help with!

I've attached a screen-capture of a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 spreadsheet I'm working on at the moment. As you will be able to see on the screen-capture, I've marked the areas of interest and will explain here...

When I enter a name in this column (marked as '1'), I want the spreadsheet to check another column (marked as '2') to see if there is a match. If there is a match, I then want the spreadsheet to check the column marked as '3', and subtract that amount from the column marked as '4'. If there is no match between the column marked as '1' and the column marked as '2', I don't want anything to happen.

I hope that made sense, and if anyone can help me with a solution here, I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Solved: Calculating Side-By-Side Cells Dependant On Text Entries In Excel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-calculating-side-by-side-cells-dependant-on-text-entries-in-excel.833879/
Relevancy 46.44%

So recently I received a blue screen of death The error was something along the after - File Check configuration application incorrect System Side-by-side errors lines of page fault in nonpaged area When it restarted windows advised me to perform a system file check So I left my computer for a bit and when I came back it was already at the logon screen However when I logged on and started firefox first thing I noticed was that all my bookmarks and some extensions had been wiped I then tried to start Microsoft Word but I received the following error amp quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect amp quot I receive that error for most of my other programs When I tried to run event viewer it says amp quot MMC could not create the snap-in amp quot Please help Is it possible to restore my applications without reinstalling them all Sysinfo Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc F N A WZ S CN K Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled EDIT I ran SCF again It said it detected corrupted files but when I restarted my computer I am still unable to run most of my applications Itunes also requires me to reinstall Latest Minidump also attached nbsp

A:Side-by-side configuration incorrect - application errors after System File Check

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-by-side-configuration-incorrect-application-errors-after-system-file-check.1003342/
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I wounder if some can help me please I have an error and stopping all fucctions Side 32bit by many apps side error window's message coming up on Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions all bit application that says the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect I have done a lot of searching and found that most Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions say I have to uninstall Visual C then load an update from Microsoft That s great but the side by side error won t let me uninstall or install anything I ran sfc scannow and it found some error and did not fix others The log is below I hope Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions someone can help Code CBS log - - Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Loaded Servicing Stack v with Core C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none ce c de cb f cbscore dll - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ef ad x fee a x fee e xff e c xff d xff db f - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ef ad x fee f x fee c aac x fee b xff e c xff d - - Info CSI WcpInitialize wcp dll version called stack x fee ef ad x fef x fef xff e xff d de xff db f - - Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller initialization - - Info CBS Starting the TrustedInstaller main loop - - Info CBS TrustedInstaller service starts successfully - - Info CBS SQM Initializing online with Windows opt-in False - - Info CBS SQM Cleaning up report files older than days - - Info CBS SQM Requesting upload of all unsent reports - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start upload with file pattern C Windows servicing sqm std sqm flags x HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Failed to start standard sample upload HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS SQM Queued file s for upload with pattern C Windows servicing sqm all sqm flags x - - Info CBS SQM Warning Failed to upload all unsent reports HRESULT x - E FAIL - - Info CBS No startup processing required TrustedInstaller service was not set as autostart or else a reboot is still pending - - Info CBS NonStart Checking to ensure startup processing was not required - - Info CSI IAdvancedInstallerAwareStore ResolvePendingTransactions call flags progress NULL phase pdwDisposition x fc - - Info CSI Creating NT transaction seq objectname quot null quot - - Info CSI Created NT transaction seq result x handle x - - Info CSI CSI perf trace CSIPERF TXCOMMIT - - Info CBS NonStart Success startup processing not required as expected - - Info CBS Startup processing thread terminated normally - - Info CSI CSI Store x b initialized - - Error CSI F Invalid attribute name found l quot ProcessorArchiteature quot gle x - - Error CSI a F d win sp gdr base wcp identity id baseidentity cpp Error STATUS SXS INVALID IDENTITY ATTRIBUTE NAME originated in function Windows Identity Rtl Implementation CRtlIdentityBase CRtlIdentityBase Initialize expression pBAI gle x - - Error CSI b F STATUS SXS INVALID IDENTITY ATTRIBUTE NAME from Windows Identity Rtl Implementation CRtlIdentityAuthority IRtlIdentityAuthority Parse flags string l quot e ec bc cd ed bbb dd Culture neutral Version PublicKeyToken bf ad e ProcessorArchiteature amd versionScope NonSxS quot gle xd - - Error CSI c F HRESULT FROM WIN from Windows ServicingAPI CEnumCSI COMPONENT IEnumCSI COMPONENT Next gle x b - - Info CSI d SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI e SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CBS Archived backup log C Windows Logs CBS CbsPersist cab - - Info CSI f Repair results created POQ starts POQ ends - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI Manifest hash for component ml l quot amd b f cc ad c f b ba b bf ad e none c da b b quot does not match expected value Expected l b ef fbb abadf d a e d d ad b a cb cfe cf ed d Found l b ef fbb abadf d ... Read more

A:Side by side error stopping all 32bit apps and many window's fucctions

Hi scott and Welcome to Seven Forums.

Did you try to boot into safe mode? Or even better a system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284074-side-side-error-stopping-all-32bit-apps-many-windows-fucctions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

First post I am coming to you as a last side work by programs Vista x64: :( halp no configuration error, Side resort I built my own PC and installed Vista Ultimate bit OEM edition Has been working fine for years Now every time I attempt to open a program I get the error quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail quot The only progam that is barely working is IE bit edition Vista x64: Side by side configuration error, no programs work halp :( I cannot download or run any files Microsoft wants to speak to a technical support representative What a joke multibillion dollar company wants extra for tech support Doing a ton of research I have tried various things to remedy this with no avail System restore did not work Doing a sfc scannow in command prompt does not work it does not even run Wasted hours of my life doing a thorough checkdisk as well The error in the event log is as follows Error in manifest or policy file quot C Windows WinSxS manifests x microsoft windows c -controls resources b ccf df en-us e f f dfabb manifest quot on line Invalid Xml syntax So the problem has to do with this manifest file I really am clueless as to my next move I can not download and run anything at all Can I do a Vista repair installation with my OEM version Should I try and get my hands on a cheap upgrade version of Windows

A:Vista x64: Side by side configuration error, no programs work halp :(

Welcome
Until our Forum expert in this area, Niemiro, comes on line, maybe this will give you a lead.
side by side configuration

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287781-vista-x64-side-side-configuration-error-no-programs-work-halp.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a spreadsheet that has nine columns. Once of these columns (the fourth column) is used for a single character as a method of immediately letting the user know that the row in particular is different to the others. So, there's nothing different about that at all.

What I'd like to be able to do, though, is to have the other eight columns (the three columns before the column mentioned above and the five after) all change their background colour when the single character is entered in the fourth column.

So, if the user inputs data in a new row and leaves the fourth column cell blank, nothing happens. If the user enters the symbol (let's say it's a "#"), then the nine columns will all change their background colour to red.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A:Solved: Formatting Side-By-Side Cells Dependant On Single Cell Value?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-side-by-side-cells-dependant-on-single-cell-value.877970/
Relevancy 46.44%

all instructions can be found here at
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17342/upgrade-office-2003-to-2010-on-xp-or-run-them-side-by-side/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-office-2003-to-2010-on-windows-xpor-run-them-side-by-side.1007320/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an Inspiron 5545 running win10.
On opening, the right side hinge on the keyboard section pulled three screws and inserts free, cracked the plastic in the corner where the hinge is located, killed the WiFi, and caused an intermittent vertical line to appear on the screen.
The laptop has never been out of  the house, never dropped, and seldom left my lap when I was home.
It runs, but is held together with aa 1.5" black paper clamp and connects to the home network via a USB WiFi dongle from Wal-Mart..
This is my fourth or fifth laptop and the first to have the case fail.  This is a design failure in my opinion.  Boo on you, Dell.  I've bought a lot of your computers over the years because they worked and did not fall apart with normal use.  This one disappoints.
Rev. William J McVay, D.D.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981821
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to fix my friends computer which is having several weird issues. When you login everything appears to be normal but Windows loads to a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del to task manager and I can run explorer.exe to restore the desktop. However the problem now is once your at the desktop all programs when you try to run them pop up with an application failed to run side-by-side configuration is incorrect. these problems are not apparent when the computer is ran in safe mode, but I can not figure out what to do. I checked the registry HKLM software windows nt logon and explorer.exe is the value.
Malwarebytes when ran in safe mode does not detect anything either.

A:windows logs in to a black screen, programs have side by side config

Some possibilities: this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect

Was this computer upgraded from Vista to Windows 7? If so that may be the cause. You can try doing a Repair Install of Windows 7 to see if that corrects the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224272-windows-logs-black-screen-programs-have-side-side-config.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i cant open my windows live movie maker due to Side by Side configuration error. Can anyone help me?

A:Windows Live movie Maker Side by Side configuration error

Isn't that a Win 7 app?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/297074-windows-live-movie-maker-side-side-configuration-error.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I had the same problem as above I had developed a dll using Qt that worked fine on my machine but would not register on another The failed Solved: as configuration has side application to incorrect side start is by familiar quot This application Solved: application has failed to start as side by side configuration is incorrect has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect quot appears when I ran the depencency walker on the dll So this was the solution that worked for me which may help some others see what s going wrong here Within my dll the manifest emedded read lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot standalone quot yes quot gt lt assembly xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com asm v quot manifestVersion quot quot gt lt dependency gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt assemblyIdentity type quot win quot name quot Microsoft VC DebugCRT quot version quot quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot gt lt assemblyIdentity gt lt dependentAssembly gt lt dependency gt lt assembly gt It seemed that the assembly definition was not found upon my client computer So then from within my original computer s Windows WinSxS directory I copied the x Microsoft VC DebugCRT f directory and it s associated files within the Policies and Manifests directories onto the client computer Once copied the dll registrered fine Hope this helps nbsp

A:Solved: application has failed to start as side by side configuration is incorrect

As above where?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-application-has-failed-to-start-as-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.758168/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi -

Hoping you can help me. I need to set up an Outlook 2007 rule for marking all incoming mail as read, but it must reside on the exchange server.

The issue is that we need to ensure that all files that are incoming to this particular mailbox are marked as read to prevent them from repeatedly ftp'ing a file to an application server. This is an unmanned mailbox. I've read several forums that say the "Mark as Read" rule can only be set up client side.

Anyone know if that is correct? Or... have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-setting-up-mark-as-read-server-side-rule.1020068/
Relevancy 46.01%

I downloaded and installed Ubuntu and sectioned off a part of my hard drive for it. I intended to have it set up to run both windows 7 and linux together and let me choose which boot disk I wanted to use at start up. Ubuntu took over and so I read through some forums online. I can now get to the Windows 7 loading screen but it freezes there. I have my install disc and was hoping someone could assist me with getting windows 7 back. I do not care if I loose Ubuntu. I am currently sitting with the Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe from the System Recovery Options Menu with my Windows 7 Disc in the tray. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (if i can save my HD great if not I can live with that).

Tavious

A:Unable to boot Windows after installing linux to run side by side

You'll need to boot System Recovery Options to run Startup Repair repeatedly.

Make sure the Win7 partition or its 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred) is marked Active first: Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

If this fails after three separate repair attempts with reboots using DVD or Repair CD, boot free Partition Wizard bootable CD to doublecheck which partition is set Active, then click on Win7 HD to highlight it, from Disk tab select Rebuild MBR, OK, Apply, reboot.

If Win7 doesn't start, boot DVD/Repair CD to run Startup Repair 3 times again.

If these fail, change the Active flag to Win7 partition if it is on SysReserved. Try Rebuild MBR and if necessary Startup Repairs again.

Linux can corrupt Win7 beyond repair so you may need to copy out your files using Win7 disk or Paragon Rescue CD: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

Then run full Factory Recovery from its partition at boot, or using disks you've made or order, or use the Win7 Install DVD to clean reinstall following these steps: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/191827-unable-boot-windows-after-installing-linux-run-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I am usually the person people go to when they have computer issues but I am not by any means formally educated in any IT field or even familiar with C bin dll files etc but including config Side Side error by Multiple issues I am pretty good at figuring out resolutions to fairly complex computer situations both hardware and software related Unfortunatly I am having Multiple issues including Side by Side config error quite a few problems with my new Vista laptop that I cannot resolve after trying every suggestion seen online It seems to have started with Adobe I installed adobe reader and since then all my Multiple issues including Side by Side config error office programs adobe most Multiple issues including Side by Side config error other applications do not open The error is a side by side config error Heres are some examples in event log Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll quot Error in manifest or policy file quot C Windows WinSxS manifests x policy microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none e c b f c f manifest quot on line The policy contains a lt noInherit gt tag but only manifests may have these Activation context generation failed for quot C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v fusion dll quot Error in manifest or policy file quot C Windows WinSxS manifests x policy microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none e c b f c f manifest quot on line The policy contains a lt noInherit gt tag but only manifests may have these Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE Manifest quot Error in manifest or policy file quot C Windows WinSxS manifests x policy microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none e c b f c f manifest quot on line The policy contains a lt noInherit gt tag but only manifests may have these I have uninstalled and reinstalled every program NET framework all C files in the programs list to no avail Also I cant recreate it but mscorwks dll seems to be corrupted or missing On occasion instead of the side by side error I get this if I run the program from a different location These could all be related but that is not the end of it I cannot install SP for vista It failed over times Error code I have tried manually same error Tried from a disk same error The updater actually just downloads to and sends the error code I dont know if this is related to the side by side errors but somewhere something is corrupted im assuming I cannot install directx I tried to run a game and when I did it tried to auto-install directx It failed citing error Now i am missing dxdx dll and cannot run any programs games that require directx I have tried to uninstall but obviously I cannot I tried every compatible version of directx Please help I am at a total loss I am pretty sure it is all related so hopefully someone has seen this and it is a quick fix Also there are no restore points that dont give me these errors Including the directx one Microsoft has no answers and I have searched every inch of the web and all three problems seem to go mostly unresolved and remain open I dont have another computer nor can I afford one I have to make this one work

A:Multiple issues including Side by Side config error

A quick update...

After going back to the log files to see when the errors exactly started i came across over 500 errors in a single day. They were caused by Symantec. Literally 50 a second for ten minutes these errors were logged, i paged through them and it took me forever.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.0\CoIEPlg.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_none_516e2c7b0f48c07f.manifest" on line 3. The policy contains a <noInherit> tag, but only manifests may have these.

More error logs that may be usefull

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Graphics-Full-Existing\MMLoadDrv.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_none_516e2c7b0f48c07f.manifest" on line 3. The policy contains a <noInherit> tag, but only manifests may have these.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sirenacm.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_none_516e2c7b0f48c07f.manifest" on line 3. The policy contains a <noInherit> tag, but only manifests may have these.

I finally found the first error date... here is the event log for immediatly before the errors began

The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multiple-issues-including-side-by-side-config-error-408781.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me, I was referred to this forum by nasdaq in the malware removal forum to help with some residual problems I've been having with my hp notebook (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498613/infected-with-virus-appplicunwntwin32adwareibryteh289567536/
).

The following error is popping up when I try to open certain programs on my computer: "The application failed to load because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I am able to access the sxstrace.exe tool but when I try to get the trace to run, I get an error message- "Access is denied" (see above post for screenshots, etc.).  At first I just noticed this happening with my Kindle for PC, but has now graduated to my Dropbox as well.

Any advice on what to do next?

A:Error Msg: This application failed to start because its side-by-side configurati

I am currently trying the steps listed here-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/this-application-failed-to-start-because-side-by/7673bf12-87c2-48ca-b5ae-b8aa85e295dc 

and will advise.

Also- I realize the sxstrace.exe tool may not have worked because I didn't access the cmd prompt in administrator mode which gives me a different prompt: Windows\system32.

Will try that as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499830/error-msg-this-application-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configurati/
Relevancy 46.01%

So my issue is that when I log into my computer it will some times not all the time revert from a side by side multi monitor setup to a over under setup Like if you go into screen resolution settings I will have it set to monitor on the left and monitor on the right then when I lock the computer and then log back in it will have monitor positioned over the top of monitor I'm thinking there is possibly a default that it keeps going back to but I'm not sure where I would look for that other than the screen resolution settings Another possibility for the origin of this problem could be Microsoft User Experience Virtualization Agent which we have installed on all our computers here to synchronize the various setting we have connected to our profiles It looks like UEV might synchronize monitor layout settings and with that it could be some how defaulting on an over under set up Overall I am unsure of what to do about his Any one Monitor by to over resets side under side environment Multi setup not have any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386366-multi-monitor-environment-resets-over-under-setup-not-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%
A:What free photo viewer will allow me to view with two or more pictures side-by-side?

Chasys Draw IES allows working with layers and WildBit Viewer can compare photos side to side.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/291993-what-free-photo-viewer-will-allow-me-view-two-more-pictures-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

First of all, I've gotten this on at least 3 different programs. Everyone who's written about this seems to think it's related to their specific program...it's not! Secondly, what I find here in the forum on the subject tells me there has been no solution...also am unable to find any on the 'net'. I think it acts like a virus and is spreading...

What's up with this??? Does anyone know...? It has kept me from opening iTunes so I can't work with my iPad anymore. Certainly there must be someone knowledgeable enough to know what this is and what to do about it...right?:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorre.1009325/
Relevancy 46.01%

i hate vista. but I gotta work on them cause they break.
I have a laptop handed off that is "stuck" in terms of the way it displays the file system [Windows Explorer].
How do I get this thing to display the side-by-side hierarchical view? you know... computer, drives, top level on the left pane, and the drill-down in the right pane???????

aarrrrgggghhhhh

A:? Vista Windows Explorer in side-by-side panes like good OS's??!!

The tree view is to the bottom left of the file view, below the favorites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-windows-explorer-in-side-by-side-panes-like-good-oss.923995/
Relevancy 46.01%

My friends computer is displaying the message: "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. please see the application log for more detail.", when trying to open Microsoft office and Windows live messenger.

Obviously the programs do not open.
How do we solve this?

Thanks, Joe.

A:the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorre

I have seen this before. Do you have AVG installed? AVG and the C++ redistributable seem to conflict. Uninstalling and reinstalling both fixed it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorre-560333.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So my issue is that when I log into Monitor side under over side resets environment setup not Multi to by my computer it will some times not all the time revert from a side by side multi monitor setup to a over under setup Like if you go into screen resolution settings I will have it set to monitor on Multi Monitor environment resets to over under setup not side by side the left and monitor on the right then when I Multi Monitor environment resets to over under setup not side by side lock the computer and then log back in it will have monitor positioned over the top of monitor nbsp I'm thinking there is possibly a default that it keeps going back to but I'm not sure where I would look for that other than the screen resolution settings Another possibility for the origin of this problem could be Microsoft User Experience Virtualization Agent which we have installed on all our computers here to synchronize the various setting we have connected to our profiles It looks like UEV might synchronize monitor layout settings and with that it could be some how defaulting on an over under set up Overall I am unsure of what to do about his nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4290bed6-9fe9-4bad-bdd1-90bcb1179fa8/multi-monitor-environment-resets-to-over-under-setup-not-side-by-side?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows on Toshiba Laptop all of the recent windows updates have been installed I was having issues running the new zynga game on facebook the ville I assumed The because has failed side the application by side start configuration is Error: to that it was a resource hog and didn t like the laptop and it was possible that I didn t have the most recent installment of Adobe flash so I upgraded that as well It still wouldn t run So I decided to clean up the hard drive I used control panel to uninstall a game that the kids Error: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is no longer play because it s now obsolete I also uninstalled Quickbooks it wasn t just quickbooks it was a bunch of crapware that was installed on the laptop when we purchased it but since we don t use quickbook I figured we could get rid of it the only reason I bother stating all of this is because I believe in full disclosure You never know which action caused the issue so it s best to tell it all Sorry for the ramble I have been noticing that the machine was running slower lately so that is why I decided to de-clutter the hard drive After doing this and rebooting I found that I was unable to run Rockmelt it came up with the following Error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace exe tool for more detail I consider myself a fair pc tech so I have been troubleshooting this for most of the day by searching it out on the internet for the most part I have been told to update the C redist I have made an attempt I downloaded said files on another machine and burned to cd and attempted to install on the machine in question however any program that I attempt to run I get the side by side error message I have been told by my machine that Internet Explorer is not installed and asked if I wanted to remove the shortcut icon Basically my computer will boot up I can log into it and it brings up windows but I cannot do anything on the machine Please assist if possible I have also used the sxstrace program and I have a parsed filed I can attach if needed Thanks so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-the-side-by-side-configuration-is-656365.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Richard,

I've run a scan and the result appears encouraging:

"Windows Resource Protection" did not find any integrity violations."

Attached is a copy of the results: sfcdetailsFrancaBB.txt

I'm moving on to the sxstrace ... according to Lorien's directions.

George

A:Side-by-side configuration error after Quicken 2010 upgrade

Hello George!

Well done on creating a new thread. Thanks for that!

Well, nothing wrong in the SFC log. That has got to be good - as long as we get a lead from one of the other logs!

Thanks for continuing on. I am afraid that I can do nothing until I get those other logs, as that SFC logs showed nothing wrong.

Again, thank you, and the very best of luck!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/287466-side-side-configuration-error-after-quicken-2010-upgrade.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok so I am going to go straight into the good stuff Essentially I launch Dragon Age and get an error about side by side configuration I have already done an enormous amount of research on this subject and have found that the problem is usually attributed to the C Redistributable from Microsoft I tried to remedy this problem different ways manually working from a system restore point where Dragon Age Configuration Error 'easy' Side by fixes several Side (Attempted already) amp Bioshock did not work but Mass Effect Call of Duty MW and the Original Bioshock were still fully functional this system restore point had the Microsoft C Redistributable installed and Side by Side Configuration Error (Attempted several 'easy' fixes already) again the games I listed in parenthesis were working fine I first uninstalled the Redistributable and downloaded and installed the Redistributable restarted the computer even though it did not prompt me and ran into a massive error Essentially this install made every game unplayable all of those I listed above Next I uninstalled the Redistributable and reinstalled the without a restart and tried to launch every game listed above Of course I was back to square one with Dragon Age and Bioshock still giving me the side by side configuration error Lastly I tried launching each game through the program depends exe using the exe to see exactly which dependencies each game required Of course both Dragon Age and Bioshock gave me the side by side configuration telling me that a MSVCP dll file could not be found within my system A quick google search later let me know that this file was part of the C Redistributable package My drivers directX etc are all up to date I fixed these first and I m so frustrated right now as I am bouncing back between somewhat working and completely broken If any fix could be thrown out there that d be greatly appreciated and I will be checking back very often to try to work with you guys My question is simply Is there some type of conflict of compatibility between and or is there some way to have both installed on the computer at once I am running Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:Side by Side Configuration Error (Attempted several 'easy' fixes already)

This error is by no means fixed, however I thought that I would post in some detailed error information from my event viewer (please read the first post, however, as my problem is unique):

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files\2k games\bioshock 2\sp\builds\binaries\BIOSHOCK2.EXE". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-by-side-configuration-error-attempted-several-easy-fixes-already.905945/
Relevancy 46.01%

On quite a few different programs i m getting the error message quot The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace exe tool for more detail quot I ve read so many forums online where people have had a similar issue but nothing has been helpful The most common suggestion is related to VisualC but when i installed it I multiple is error incorrect programs? on side-by-side configuration got side-by-side configuration is incorrect error on multiple programs? the same error I tried running it without saving then I saved it and tried running it again the same error I ve opened the event viewer theres quite a few sidebyside error messages but I dont side-by-side configuration is incorrect error on multiple programs? know what to do with any of that information The first side by side error is this one Microsoft Windows Common-Controls language quot amp x a quot processorArchitecture quot X quot publicKeyToken quot b ccf df quot type quot win quot version quot quot C Program Files x Microsoft Silverlight Silverlight Configuration exe I havn t a clue how it started my computer was fine yesterday I opened it today to these errors I tried rebooting but it didnt help If any more information is needed I ll provide what I can Thanks

A:side-by-side configuration is incorrect error on multiple programs?

Follow the instructions here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 to install VisualC++

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338101/side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect-error-on-multiple-programs/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have extensively searched these forums for a solution to my problem but can't find it I have found some similar problems but none exactly the same here is what happened I have a Windows computer running just fine I pulled the hard drive out of my old computer and had installed it in the new one and it seems fine I can access both drives and i all my files are there The problem i am having is that i can't open any files Installed 2nd configuration incorrect drive....side-by-side hard from my old hard drive if the program they need to open is also on that old hard drive For example my old Installed 2nd hard drive....side-by-side configuration incorrect hard drive has AutoCAD on it my new hard drive doesn't When i click on AutoCad i get the annoying quot The application Installed 2nd hard drive....side-by-side configuration incorrect has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect quot message This happens with lots of programs not just AutoCAD I have MS Office on the old hard drive but when I try to open a word or excel file it won't open It's like the computer is trying to open files from my old hard drive with applications that are on my new drive This is a problem because i cant afford to buy copies of autoCAD and copies of MS Office and copies of every program i have I feel like there is a simple fix for this but i can't figure this one out Thank you for help

A:Installed 2nd hard drive....side-by-side configuration incorrect

Hi welcome to the forum.

to my knowledge you will need to reinstall the programs as you cant use programs that are installed on the hard drive from another computer as it will have writen registry items when the program was installed.

i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358307-installed-2nd-hard-drive-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I get this message whenever i try to start ay program in the Microsoft office and with trillian. I have tried re installing office but have not had any success in getting the program to run. Is there anything i can do to get these programs running again?

error.png   152.54KB
  10 downloads

Thanks,
Ryan

A:the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

I saw that message in Office 2010 when I had it over more than one drive, program on C, files on E it went badly. ended up uninstalling an re-installing on just C:// and never had the issue again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399912/the-application-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect/
Relevancy 46.01%

Is there such a program that will force any video or video game(executable) to display in SBS image? I would like to use this program to play video games from my pc on my GearVR unit. I feel like this shouldnt be too hard to do overall. I know apps like this exist for mobile. I want something like this for my pc. Please help, I beg of you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157651.0.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My vista home premium was running perfectly until June after a recommended download from the Microsoft update site Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile for Windows Vista x KB At first I couldn t even get on the internet at all Local only network Called my ISP verified it was not their hardware or my computer Called Microsoft they at least got me back to the internet Now when I go to open programs that worked perfectly well before I get start by side because incorrect.. has configuration its side to Application is failed this message quot The application has failed to start because Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. it side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail quot A few programs still open most do not The ones that don Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. t all come up with Application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.. this same msg These are the ones that don t open Adobe Photoshop Elements exe zoombrower Ex exe a canon photo editing program c Program Files Microsoft Works WksWP exe quot quot quot WksCal exe quot quot quot wksdb exe quot quot quot WksSb exe quot quot quot wksss exe Norton Security Program c Program Files Norton Engine uiStub exe Quicken WillMaker Plus c Program Files Quicken WillMaker Plus qwp exe Windows Live c Program Files Windows Live Mail wlmail exe quot quot quot Photo Gallery MovieMaker exe quot quot quot Photo Gallery WLXPhotogallery exe There are others but I think they don t open because the system restore program cannot complete a system restore and my shortcuts and program paths have been shuffled due to the incompleted system restore attempt This one really stands out as an important one to be looked at ehshell exe- net Framework Initialization Error quot C Windows Microsoft net Framework V could not be loaded Am I misguided in hoping that if I quot fix quot this ehshell command program everything else may fall into place I am dreadfully afraid of attempting anything with the registry as I am a complete novice but am willing to give it a try if someone has the patience to guide me Please if anyone can help I can t really go out on the internet too far or too wide as my Norton Anti-virus program is not working My surfing for help with this is limited to sites that quot seem quot trustworthy and that s not many now a days nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.932612/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just came home from work and there was a power failiure while I was working. I turned my computer back on and went to open Google Chrome, but this message appeared...

"The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

I have no clue what this means or what to do. I'm using safari at the moment and went on google and all the instructions look really confusing. I know VERY little about computers and the terms and what not. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Help! Cant Open Google Chrome. Side by Side Configuration Is Incorrect.

If this "repair" does not work I would try a restore point if you have a recent one.

Message: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. | Chief Architect Knowledge Base

Basically for Vista it is open Programs and Features from Control Panel, scroll to chrome and click Repair.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/302603-help-cant-open-google-chrome-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey Bunch of etc. errors - version configuration, by compatibility, side side Guys I have a problem Last night i was up all night using Bunch of errors - side by side configuration, version compatibility, etc. my pc I had quite a few tabs open using chrome and every once in a while the cpu had a lot Bunch of errors - side by side configuration, version compatibility, etc. of Work to do so the pc would respond more slow During one of these slows something different happened Quite a lot of icons just turned into one of the old school Windows icons most if not all of them being exe files I wanted to fix all of this so I used Bullguard and after that i wanted to use CCleaner CCleaner didn't Work Neither did the other programs They gave me an error in the lines of This version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x -bit or x -bit verion of the program Also whenever i shut down my computer or boot it up an error pops up from LogonUI exe Error C program files common files microsoft shared windows live wlidcredprov dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error I figured out how to fix this part I simply installed Windows Live Essentials And when I open Google Chrome it just gives me another error It says that the side by side configuration is incorrect I tried uninstalling MyWinlocker but it is still running in the system tray I tried looking for a process called mwl exe but I can't find it Also whenever the computer boots up I am also greeted with a certain window It's the window that asks what program i want to use for opening a certain file The file is called Andreas and my user profile is called Andreas Gade so I think my user profile might be corrupted Thanks in advance Andreas

A:Bunch of errors - side by side configuration, version compatibility, etc.

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and choose Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.  Please notice the space between sfc and the /scannow.

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

To find sfc /scannow log, type cmd in the Search programs and files box. 

cmd will appear above the search box under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator, this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  This will look simlar to the image above.

Copy and paste the following in the Elevated Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to open the log, copy the log and paste it in your topic. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575574/bunch-of-errors-side-by-side-configuration-version-compatibility-etc/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello and thank you in advance for your to open configuration when Side-by-side trying incorrect excel & word help I am in desperate need To be honest I m not entirely sure when this problem started as I haven t been on much the last week or so but I ve tried all the trouble shooting I could find but still cannot manage to fix this problem When I try to open Word or Excel I get an error message quot The application has failed to start because Side-by-side configuration incorrect when trying to open excel & word its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail quot Not totally sure what that means but I have ran an administrative command prompt of sfc scannow and all my bad Side-by-side configuration incorrect when trying to open excel & word files are fixed at least that s what it tells me when I try to run it again I also read tips where it tells you to go to the Event Viewer to get more details on the side-by-side problem Well this seems to be having a problem too I get an error message saying quot MMC could not create the snap-in The snap-in might not have been installed correctly Name Event Viewer CLSID FX b ad-fe c- -be - cbb cb quot I did just get rid of the Scour redirect virus and I m sure this was happening while I had that not sure if it s related but when I scan and am doing another just to check I come up clean Thanks again for your help

A:Side-by-side configuration incorrect when trying to open excel & word

Well...have you tried uninstalling the MS Office suite...and then reinstalling?

It could have become damaged. Uninstalling/reinstalling, then updating it would take care of that possibiliity.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411735/side-by-side-configuration-incorrect-when-trying-to-open-excel-word/
Relevancy 46.01%

I can't install or uninstall any software.
Most of the installed software are not working.
The default windows apps are working and few of the installed games are working (Witcher 3 - don't know how) .
Tried to reinstall Visual C++ Redistro but not working as none of exe files are opening with side by side config issue.

A:Side by side configuration issue since Windows 10 Update on 09 Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I can't install or uninstall any software.
Most of the installed software are not working.
The default windows apps are working and few of the installed games are working (Witcher 3 - don't know how) .
Tried to reinstall Visual C++ Redistro but not working as none of exe files are opening with side by side config issue. can you perform a sfc scan?
And check that there aren't any pending OS updates and app updates
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438113-side-side-configuration-issue-since-windows-10-update-09-aug-2016-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So far I have done this and it did not help:

1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All
Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run
as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a
confirmation, type the password, or click Allow/Continue.

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow
(The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces
incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.)

FYI, She gets the message when trying to launch the Second Life Phoenix Viewer, however Second Lifes Viewer 2 loads without error.

I am going to perform a CHKDSK on her Lenovo as recommended in an archived thread from this forum and hopefully that will solve the issue. Can anybody think of anything else?

A:Experiencing (side by side application error). Need troubleshooting tips

What is the application error? Can you upload a snip

See How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista For More Information

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286501-experiencing-side-side-application-error-need-troubleshooting-tips.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows -bit None of my to configuration start failed - side-by-side application has is incorrect the applications or programs work not even internet explorer sending this from another computer I ran HJT and this is what I got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Users Aja Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect Search SearchAssistant R the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- the application has failed to start - side-by-side configuration is incorrect b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files x Zynga tbZyn dll O - DEFAULT User Startup Best Buy Software Installer lnk C Program Files Best Buy Software Installer Best Buy Software Installer exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MIF BA Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D FF C D BF dll cmsidewiki html O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C - br D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MIF BA Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MIF BA Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MIF BA Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C windows System alg exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service comres dll - MSDTC - Unknown owner - C windows System msdtc exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot System netlogon dll - Netlogon - Unknown owner - C windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot sys... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.1000341/
Relevancy 46.01%

How can I open 2 excel files side by side in Office 2010?

A:How to open 2 excel files side by side in Office 2010?

See if this helps: Comparing Two Excel 2010 Worksheets Side by Side - For Dummies

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/193878-how-open-2-excel-files-side-side-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi whenever i open the Microsoft word documents infact every microsoft application is not opening.

To fix this sissue steps taken

1)installed Microsoft visual c++ 2010 as all previous versions are already installed

2)run sfc /scannow result:corrupted files found but cannot repair

3)repaired Msoffice home and student edition

4)uninstalled msoffice

5)when reinstalling it won't install

6)so at the end i restored my system from where i started.

Can anybody please help me in resolving this issue
i am using windows vista home premium edition.

A:Application Failed to start side by side configuration incorrect

I have posted 3 posts for help but unfortunately no one has replied with solution on any of the issues so i think that no one here is bothered here to help. I am greatly disappointed by this forum as i joined to interact and get help and help others however i am not getting any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415562/application-failed-to-start-side-by-side-configuration-incorrect/
Relevancy 46.01%

I sometimes find that some pictures look more or less the same & like to compare them side by side to see which I like best.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/239704-can-i-set-windows-photo-gallery-display-2-more-photos-side-side.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Vista. When someone sends me an Adobe document I can't open it. The error message says that my side by side configuration is inaccurate. If I save the document to my desktop, I can then open Adobe and open it from there but it is a hassle. Why can't I just open the document from the source?

A:Adobe Reader - side by side configuration is inaccurate error

Latest version of Acrobat? Tried uninstalling and re-installing to see if it fixes it?

Didn't do something silly like use a duplicate file utility or remove things from the WinSxS folder?

Better option, use Foxit instead,

Foxit Software - Foxit Reader for Windows

http://www.vistax64.com/software/222633-adobe-reader-side-side-configuration-inaccurate-error.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there,

So in XP one was able to select open windows from the taskbar via holding CTRL and left clicking on each one, then right clicking and tile / arrange vertically the selected windows...

In windows 7 I cant seem to do it automatically. Yes i can do it manually with three or more windows, but i shouldnt have to.

I cant get three or more windows to tile next to each other, i can only get two windows to go side by side via the snap feature.

Any ideas on how to get three or more windows side by side semi-automatically?

Thanks for reading.

A:Window snap - How to get three or more windows arranged vertically side by side?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-snap-how-to-get-three-or-more-windows-arranged-vertically-side-by-side.899043/
Relevancy 46.01%

Suddenly out of the blue nothing opens - Am not a programmer and don't understand all this lingo have 4 0r 5 redistributible programs C++ 2005, 2008 etc with all relevant service packs - NO LUCK - this is killing me am looking for work and can't get to my resume can't open any programs at all - adobe, microsoft office NOTHING please tell me how to restore my system files to default and start over

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-by-side-configuration-error-vista-office-2010.995353/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I've really been having a lot of trouble with .exe files downloaded from the internet (i.e. program installers and the like). When trying to run any .exe installer an error message comes up that says:

Quote:
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

This seems to happen with ALL downloaded .exe installers (including Firefox installer, GameStop's app installer, game demo installers, etc).

I'm really stuck for what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Also, I cannot read any PDF files in Chrome or Firefox (says "Object label badly formatted"). Any help with this would be appreciated also (Cannot download new version of Adobe Reader anyway).

A:Downloaded .exe files - side-by-side configuration incorrect

One possible fix: Prevent "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect..." error starting Access

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264484-downloaded-exe-files-side-side-configuration-incorrect.html
Relevancy 45.58%

quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace exe tool for more detail quot First of all I ve gotten this on at least different programs Everyone who s written about this seems to think it s related to their specific program it s not Secondly what I find here in the forum on the subject tells me there has been no solution also am unable to find any on the net I think it acts like a virus and is spreading What s up with this Does anyone know It failed configuration... its side-by-side The has start because application to has kept me from opening iTunes so I can t work with my iPad anymore Certainly there must be someone knowledgeable enough to know what this is and what to do about it right Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration... OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration... bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta BD None Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration...

You probably need Visual Studio C++ 2005 or 2008 Redistributable runtime files installing to fix this error:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3387

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration.1009331/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello.
I am getting the following error:

I've tried nearly everything possible. I've tried a sfc /scannow (CBD log is below), I just ran a chkdsk.exe, reinstalled Visual C++ and nothing has fixed it. I've also tried reinstalling the program.
What else can I do? I cannot use a Windows Installer Disk as I don't have one as the company installed Windows for me and I never got a disk.I also don't have a CD large enough to put the .iso on it. I made a Windows Repair Disk but I can't seem to be able to boot from it, my BIOS is that of a Gygabite 990x Mobo.

Please help.

Download to my CBS.txt log: CBS.txt

A:Side By Side Confiuration Incorrect (Installing Dreamweaver)

Here's the event log on the error:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_4bf7e3e2bf9 ada4c.manifest" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210457-side-side-confiuration-incorrect-installing-dreamweaver.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is kind of a pain. I can't find anyone out there except some C++ programmers that really talk about this problem. I have Vista Ultimate, 2 gigs of ram, 2 video cards in SLI, 2.4ghz X2 processor. All of my games and programs work, with the exception of BioShock, and now my windows update. I downloaded the demo yesterday from Steam, and got this messege

the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details

I thought this was a problem with the Steam download, so I went ahead and purchased the full game of BioShock. Got the same messege. I am really at my wits end. I have been at this since 10am and have gone nowhere... Thank you in advance.

A:Solved: ..failed because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-failed-because-its-side-by-side-configuration-is-incorrect.613262/
Relevancy 45.58%

hope i'm posting in the correct place.

right side of screen is fading into right side of computer monitor, can't seem to expand.
it's about an inch on the left side and an inch on the top that show the background of the start up screen.

tia for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/right-side-of-screen-is-fading-into-right-side-of-computer-monitor-433340.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Pretty much the problems I m experiancing are all video streaming related I cannot stream most videos off the internet i always just get a blank loading screen saying and DivX configuration errors uninstallation side-by-side quot waiting for video quot and sometimes the websites suggest I download Divx plus Web player I have downloaded DivX web player and have the latest updates but everytime I try to run the actual DivX Plus player from my start menu I get an error message saying quot The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect quot So naturally I tried to uninstal DivX from my computer so I could reinstal it to have it work but when I go into my control panel and use the add remove programs when I click uninstall nothing comes up I click it the windows permission thing comes up and I click Yes then nothing else comes up no interface that will allow me to DivX uninstallation and side-by-side configuration errors uninstall it So I guess what im asking is either a how can I delete it without using add remove utility or how to fix that and or b How do i uninstal DivX and reinstal it to have it work nbsp

A:DivX uninstallation and side-by-side configuration errors

You might try an actual player such as this free one called RealPlayer here as I only get my "codecs" from DivX and do not use or have not used their "Player" I cannot offer any reason why what your trying is not working. Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/divx-uninstallation-and-side-by-side-configuration-errors.152556/
Relevancy 45.58%

Good Morning,
I have three identical machines all running Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2. All three have Office Home and Student 2010 installed. On one machine I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling Office because I get the side by side configuration error on a random and recurring basis. Is there a permanent fix for this? I have the free upgrade for Windows 7 Home Premium for all three machines but have not used them because I am generally happy with Vista. Would upgrading to Win7 possibly help?
Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/296821-side-side-configuration-error-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys im having a problem with Windows Live Messenger.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_5090ab56bcba71c2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest.

This is what is displayed in my Event Viewer and i have no idea to fix it. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Andrew

A:Windows Live Side-by-Side Configuration Error

Hello Andrew!

Welcome to the Vista Forums! I hope you enjoy your time here! Thanks for creating a new thread!

This error isn't the easiest to fix, but it also shouldn't be impossible.

Basically, although Windows can store two different version of a component, it cannot actually run two different versions at the same time.

The main available versions for that component are:

Code:
file:///C:/Windows/winsxs/Manifests/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91.manifest

file:///C:/Windows/winsxs/Manifests/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest

file:///C:/Windows/winsxs/Manifests/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_none_5090ab56bcba71c2.manifest

file:///C:/Windows/winsxs/Manifests/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_none_50940634bcb759cb.manifest
As you can see, neither of the conflicting components is using the very latest file version. Now, what to do about it!

Windows Live is a Microsoft product. It is unusual for a Microsoft Product to have this sort of old file versioning issue, as long as it is up to date.

Can you please download a new copy of Windows Live Messenger from here: Windows Live Messenger 2011 - Instant messaging (IM), video chat

and install all of your Windows Updates.

If this doesn't fix it, we can look at more technical fixes, but hopefully we won't have to go there.

Thanks again, and the very best of luck,

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/288157-windows-live-side-side-configuration-error.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

"My Outlook 2007 has just developed a strange error, as follows...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE

The applicationhas failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details".

Ive been into the event viewer, as directed by other forums, and this message is displayed.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE.Manifest" on line 0. Invalid Xml

I am not very tech minded, although can generally follow instructions.

Does anybody know if this is something I can fix and how to go about it? Or do I need 'external' help.

Thanks

A:Outlook showing incorrect side-side configuration

Hi & welcome.

Have you set specific "Save folders for stored messages" created in Outlook on your computer? As these will be lost if you un-install Outlook!

On saying that my first thought & I think the easiest solution would be to un-install it & re-install it.

Please note the comment above about loosing stored folders & messages.

If in doubt, ASK. OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/290088-outlook-showing-incorrect-side-side-configuration.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

This message pops up when I click any icon. So i pretty much can't do anything on my laptop. Please please please help me. I can't even open the internet browser.

A:The application has failed to start because it's side by side confirguration is..

Can you boot into safe mode??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-confirguration-is.1024544/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've tried deleting both of those and the one for the viewer can be removed but the windows one I can't do anything too.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Phoenix Viewer\PhoenixViewer.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4016_none_d0893820442e7fe4.manifest. Component 2: C:\Program Files\Phoenix Viewer\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.MANIFEST.

A:Phoenix Viewer [Event ID:78 Side by Side Error]

Hello and welcome

What process did you use to attempt to delete them, where and how.

americancritic

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289053-phoenix-viewer-event-id-78-side-side-error.html
Relevancy 45.58%

For some strange reason my Vista 64 started giving me side by side errors.
Every single 32 bit (Program files(x86)) app give me the error, while any 64 bit apps dont.
Trolling for a few hours I found the most common solution to be installing vcredist_x86 This file wont install it gives me the same error.
So I downloaded vcredist_x64, but this file is built with a 32 bit self extractor and results with the same error. I Tried uninstalling the Visual Studio 05 but it gives me a windows installer can not be accessed.
I have tried using a restore point, I have tried sfc /f and it made a log that I am unable to read.
Is there some trigger that can enable windows 32 bit installs to work and I can install vcredist_x86? Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257334-vista-64-bit-side-side-config-error-msg-all-programs.html
Relevancy 45.58%

First of all sorry if this doesn't belong here guys So guys I'm looking for quot tv box quot style device that would let me show completely different video inputs on a single display either side by side or top bottom After looking online one of the first results were from a company called Colorado Video and this is their most recent product Split Screen mode allows portions of each of two pictures to be displayed in a corresponding portion of a video display This mode can split a video image wipe or display two single side 2 by different display? a on inputs side shown video images or a dual video image one image over the other top to bottom or side by side to make portions of each viewable 2 different inputs shown side by side on a single display? on a single monitor Images from two cameras can be displayed on one video monitor This adjustable video screen splitter can split an image mix wipe overlay or switch an image or display from two different high definition video sources creating dual video images or pictures on one screen or monitor A front panel control selects whether the screen is split horizontally or vertically A control knob determines the proportion of the screen allocated to each source adjustable from to The user can freeze either of the inputs and either input can be viewed exclusively by push of a button Source High Definition Video Comparator Split Screen Mix Subtract Freeze Hi-Def HD DVI VGA HDMI It looks great and all that but the device costs around do you guys by any chance know of another cheaper option maybe one that you've worked with Thanks

A:2 different inputs shown side by side on a single display?

If you're willing to settle for something like PIP on a TV, you can save yourself a lot of money. That's the only "just works" solution I can come up with, but you don't have any real flexibility in the size and placement of the second image. You could probably also cobble something together with a video capture card, but when you factor in how much time you spend on putting it together, you probably haven't really saved any money.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/56399-2-different-inputs-shown-side-side-single-display.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Win 7 64 bit SP1. Attempting to install m-audio 2496 driver version 6_0_8 using an exe file. I was told to do this by m-audio support to try to overcome some problems with clicks and crackles in the card.

But when I try to run the installer, I get the message that the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.

Support told me to try to install the drivers manually using the device manager (!) but as I pointed out to them that does not work because ....the drivers are tied up in the exe file.....however....

Then it was suggested that I install C++ 2008 redist. That did not work.

So what is causing this side by side error?

It's nearly two weeks now since I started to ask them for help, so I am a little desperate. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

A:[SOLVED] Driver won't install 'side by side' error

Ask the tech support personel if the driver is for a 64bit version of Windows. If it is not as him or her if they have 32bit drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-driver-wont-install-side-by-side-error-689364.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone,

I am really new and not technically savvy like most of you seem to be!

I actually tried upgrading my iphone and that lead to having to upgrade itunes and that returned a side by side configuration error which I have spent hours trying to google and resolve - with no success. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure what info you need or even where to start anymore. Thanks in advance.

A:Side by side configuration error when trying to install itunes

Hello megang,

My daughter's name is Megan Grace (MeganG) - you're not her are you?

Try running the System File Checker (SFC) - follow Option 2 of this SevenForums tutorial and attach your results (see option three to "shrink" the results) when you next post. You might have to run SFC a few times to completely resolve the SxS issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253990-side-side-configuration-error-when-trying-install-itunes.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody I have had this problem for over a year and have posted on other forums and done almost everything I could think of to try to get the game working again to no avail Let me start off with the beginning THE BEGINNINGAround this time last year I downloaded a game called Bully Scholarship Edition for my PC through steam It was running fine until one day when I went to start it up Steam gave me this error http puu sh ovHsI thought nothing of it for a while I then 'side-by-side Game Problem incorrect' configuration tried to run the raw exe file only to get this error http puu sh ovI I asked an online friend about this he said to check event viewer Game Problem 'side-by-side configuration incorrect' which I did I found this relating to Game Problem 'side-by-side configuration incorrect' the problem http puu sh ovICMEASURES TAKENNote - the above images are images taken after some of my first actions My online friend told me to open the manifest file with Notepad Not surprisingly this is what I got U V S Y c a amp d com amp d microsoft - U Microsoft Root Certificate Authority y J LsX e P U I G E C A http crl microsoft com pki crl products microsoftrootcert crl T H F D http www microsoft com pki certs MicrosoftRootCert crt U H D w yQM tq m mb W N P z W X x H S O I have attatched the corrupted manifest file to this thread He reconstructed the corrupted manifest file for me however even when I had set the file permissions of the manifest files to me Windows wouldn t let me modify move or delete them I had to resort to booting into linux and let him reconstruct the file It worked because when I tried to run the game again the error pointed to a different manifest file the picture in the link above Besides that here are the other measures I have taken I have deleted the game and re-downloaded it completely I tried to run it again with the same result I have followed all instructions at this link the Steam Support Database to no avail I am at my wits end I have procrastinated getting this sorted out simply because I don t have the knowledge to fix it This is why I have ended up hereIf I don t get this problem fixed I will have to resort to re-installing windows Thanks in advance -Sandsh rk

A:Game Problem 'side-by-side configuration incorrect'

Hi Sandsh8rk -Are you more interested in fixing the problem, or removal of the program and any traces of it ??The removal of all traces "may" cure your problem, but if you want / need to play the game it will require another approach -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449339/game-problem-side-by-side-configuration-incorrect/
Relevancy 45.58%

ERROR says,
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the applications event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe for more detail.

A:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configura

what program are you running? Try to uninstall, reboot--> reinstall the program, then reboot. I've seen this a lot, sometime trying to uninstall third party firewall, then reinstall the program are solutions

Regard,
Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/94817-application-has-failed-start-because-its-side-side-configura.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello
I use Dell Studio 1536 with this resolution :
1280*800

It is important for me to keep 2 apps in same screen at least, for example IE and Translator.

I also tried to edit regedit as a tutorial found on Bing said to follow to enabling this feature.
but the problem still is alive and restrict me just to switching between apps which is not comfort.

any solution ?

thank you

A:Metro side by side windows doesn't work

Try this:

ModernMix? - Run Modern (Metro) apps in a window on your desktop with ModernMix?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26187-metro-side-side-windows-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Has anyone seen this before?
This seems to be happening more and more, I am using my PC (with Windows 8 Pro) as an HTPC and its connected via HDMI to a plasma TV so the PC is always on. Sometimes, when I go to use the pc I turn the TV on and then move the mouse around to turn the display on and I see the attached image, it looks as though the screen has shifted to the right and wrapped around to the other side.
I ran windows 7 with the same hardware on this setup for years without an issue. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

A:Left side of screen rolled to right side of monitor..

Did you ever get any sulution for this problem ?

I have the same problem with my windows 7 ultimate, tried everything now, the last step i'm testing now is an older driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19753-left-side-screen-rolled-right-side-monitor.html
Relevancy 45.58%

All excuse my lack of computer knowledge but is there anyone out there who can dumb down an explantion or solution to the barrage of side by side config errors I just started getting whenever I try to run any application e g Office or Photoshop I have literally scoured the posts forums internet looking for solutions and I think a lot of my problem is I don't know the lingo so the explanations look like they are writtien in Klingon For instance one suggestions was to run sxstrace exe How the heck do you do that WHere do you do that What do you do with the results The example looked like a bunch for config Klingon side-by-side written Help in error...not of gobblygook was produced I am sorry to drag this forum down but maybe there are some tired experts out there tonight who Help for side-by-side config error...not written in Klingon are happy to use minimal brain effort to try to explain how I might resolve this I appreciate any and all assistance Your humble amateur friend Betty

A:Help for side-by-side config error...not written in Klingon

Originally Posted by Moraga Betty

All, excuse my lack of computer knowledge but is there anyone out there who can dumb down an explantion or solution to the barrage of side by side config errors I just started getting whenever I try to run any application (e.g. Office or Photoshop)? I have literally scoured the posts/forums/internet looking for solutions and I think a lot of my problem is I don't know the lingo so the explanations look like they are writtien in Klingon. For instance, one suggestions was to run sxstrace.exe. How the heck do you do that? WHere do you do that? What do you do with the results? The example looked like a bunch of gobblygook was produced. I am sorry to drag this forum down, but maybe there are some tired experts out there tonight who are happy to use minimal brain effort to try to explain how I might resolve this. I appreciate any and all assistance!

Your humble amateur friend,

Betty

Betty, no worries, you sound just like my friend.

Can you explain the error with a little more detail? When does it occur, what you are doing when it happens? Perhaps a screenshot of the error?

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218990-help-side-side-config-error-not-written-klingon.html
Relevancy 45.58%

HI all,

Well my low post count is going to get a bit bigger.

On my desktop this morning I received this error,

The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect.....
Spent lots of time googleing and have done disc checks, start-up repair sfc /checknow, (or something like that as that was this morning), and all came up ok.

Next coarse of action looks like un-install and re-install of the .net framework and the Visual C++. Now that seems like a good idea but same error is coming up when trying to run the installers as there .exe..

Only managed to get files of the net by laptop.
Looks like repair install might be next

Any advise on how to get the .exe files running would be great. As it seems Im going nowhere till then.

Thanks
Timon

A:Side by side configuration incorrect...? Error stopping 95% of .exe

Sorry, also cant uninstall anything through control panel ether... so sad.
Thanks

*Edit*

I had wondered if it could have been a bit of nasty software, as was opening up some links to some screen shots of TPB and had a few more pop ups than I was happy with... closed them all of cause and didn't end up with anything downloaded that I was aware of. Only bring this up as this error seems to be linked with software install problems too.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233157-side-side-configuration-incorrect-error-stopping-95-exe.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I am a student and need to install many types of software over and over again.
If I understand it correctly, windows makes backups of all DLL-files to prevent the DLL-hell scenario from happening.
But as I need to install/remove many programs I end up with a lot of garbage (I asume) in my winsxs folder.

Right now I have a winsxs folder of 11.3 gb, an application folder of 7.5gb on my 120gb ssd (windows) drive and about 117gb off apps (and games) on my storage drive.

I formatted my laptop this summer but I am concerned that my drive will get flooded with storage data faster then I can remove apps from my C-drive.

What I would like to know is:
- In what case does winsxs backup all my DLL-files
- How can I prevent windows from doing that? (protable apps?)
- How can I prevent the DLL-hell scenario while preventing sxs growth?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/32891-windows-side-side-service-hdd-space-usage.html
Relevancy 45.58%

The problem started today None of my microsoft office programmes open up configuration problem and help! Please Side-by-side file association. - Word Excel etc The suite has been istalled on my computer for the last year and have had no problems However yesterday when a update for my sony reader failed to complete I had to end task the sony update - could this have corrupted something I ve removed the sony software from the computer but still nothing works Everytime I click on the word excel etc icons to open up the applications I get this message This file does no have a programme associated with it for performing this action Create an association in the Set Associations panel So I accessed the control panel and looked over all these applications and the extensions All extensions like doc etc have the correct default programme - e g doc is defaulted to Word But the problem is that I can t even open up the Word application itself I uninstalled the microsoft office suite through control panel rebooted the computer and reinstalled And then I tried the following - When Side-by-side configuration problem and file association. Please help! I double click on the Word icon on the desktop to open it that way I get the message This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect Please see the application event log for more detail - I did check out the event log and found this message MMC could not create the snap-in The snap-in might not have installed correctly NAME Event Viewer CLSID FX b ad-fe c- -be - a cbb cb Also when reinstalling the microsoft office suite during installation I got a message saying that the send to onenote driver failed to install because it was missing and I clicked ok and continued installation Please note that this message did not come up the first time I installed this suite back in July Can someone help me please I haven t a clue what s wrong and it just won t work None of the office programmes are opening and I m getting really frustrated Edit Just checked other progammes Adobe and such aren t working either The same messages show up List of programmes which are not working Adobe Reader Windows Live Messenger When I click on Norton it doesn t open up BUT it does open up when I click the icon on the task bar My network adapter is working I m on the internet now obviously but the adapters application doesn t open up I ve got Windows Vista -bit operating system service pack Thanks nbsp

A:Side-by-side configuration problem and file association. Please help!

If you Google the last error message and the CLSID of {b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510} you will find lots of people with the same problem, but they don't all appear to have been "fixed" the same way.
Some involve a DLL file and others seem to implicate AVG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/side-by-side-configuration-problem-and-file-association-please-help.948895/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

how can I merge two csv files (A and B) side by side with batch script ?:

Code:
A:

a b c
d e f

Code:
B:

h i j k
l m n o
p q r s
and the desired output should be C:

Code:
C:

a b c h i j k
d e f l m n o
(blank)p q r s

A:How do I merge two csv files side by side with batch script

Broke a sweat writing this one.

Here's your batch script, Electr0n2. Simply pass both CSV files as parameters.

Merge_two_csv_files_side_by_side.bat

Code:
:: Takes two CSV files and combines them "side-by-side".

@echo off
if "%~2"=="" exit /b 1& if not "%~3"=="" exit /b 1

::
set outfile=".\%~n1_%~n2.csv"
set outfile_csv_delimiter=","
::

goto :main

:file_line_counter FileName VariableName
setlocal
for /f "delims=" %%I in (' find /v /c "" ^< "%~1" ') do (
set VAR=%%I
)
endlocal & set %2=%VAR%
goto :eof

:SUB Counter CsvFileName
setlocal
if "%~1" GTR "0" ( set skip="skip=%1") else ( set skip="")
for /f "tokens=1,* %SKIP:"=% delims=]" %%I in (' find /v /n "" ^< "%~2" ') do (
for %%K in (%%J) do (
set/p=%%K <NUL >>%TEMPFILE%
)
goto :break
)
:break
endlocal

:r_trim_once Char
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
call :get_string_length "%~1"
for /f "delims=" %%I in ('type "%OUTFILE:"=%"') do (
set line=%%I
if "!LINE:~-%STRING_LENGTH%!"=="%~1" set line=!LINE:~0,-%STRING_LENGTH%!
echo.!LINE!>>%TEMPFILE%
)
copy %TEMPFILE% "%OUTFILE:"=%" >NUL
del %TEMPFILE%
endlocal

:get_string_length String
setlocal
set VAR=%~1
set "len="
:loop_1133
if defined VAR (
set VAR=%VAR:~1%
set /a len+=1
goto :loop_1133
)
endlocal & set string_length=%LEN%

:remove_numeric_chars VariableName String
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
set VAR=%2
for /l %%I in (0,1,9) do ( set VAR=!VAR:%%I=!)
endlocal & set "%1=%VAR%"

:main

if exist "%OUTFILE:"=%" del "%OUTFILE:"=%"

set tempfile="%TEMP%\tmp%RANDOM%_%~nx0.txt"

call :file_line_counter "%~1" LEN_1
call :file_line_counter "%~2" LEN_2
if "%LEN_1%" GTR "%LEN_2%" ( set /a len=LEN_1) else ( set /a len=LEN_2)
set "len_1="& set "len_2="

call :remove_numeric_chars outfile_csv_delimiter "%OUTFILE_CSV_DELIMITER:"=%"

for /l %%C in (0,1,%LEN%) do (
call :SUB %%C "%~1"
call :SUB %%C "%~2"
if exist %TEMPFILE% (
for /f "usebackq delims=" %%F in (%TEMPFILE%) do (
for %%I in (%%F) do (
set/p=%%I%OUTFILE_CSV_DELIMITER:"=%<NUL >>"%OUTFILE:"=%"
)
echo.>>"%OUTFILE:"=%"
del %TEMPFILE%
)
)
)

call :r_trim_once %OUTFILE_CSV_DELIMITER%

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371218-how-do-i-merge-two-csv-files-side-side-batch-script.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I cant remeber if i did anything out of the ordinary when it started, but some time ago(some time ago becouse i havn't had time to fix it) when i started my Windows 7 64bit ASUS laptop every time i opened an .exe file, it said side-by-side configuration incorrect. Later i found out it only happened to x86 programs. Don't know if there is an connection, but windows explorer wasn't working either at all after the same boot, but i managed to get it working again by disabling two shell extensions. (one preinstalled from ASUS, and one named XPClient.FileSystemBrowser.BackupContextMenuExtension.BackupContextMenuExtension)

I've seen some saying to reinstall microsoft visual c++, but as it isn't any 64bit installer, so its impossible at the moment.

(I already posted this in the general discussion, but i think it was the wrong forum, so i reposted it here. Is it possible to delete the previous thread?)

Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:Side-by-side configuration incorrect on all 32bit .exe programs

Welcome to Seven Forums janstephan. Actually, there are both versions for x64 systems. Here are the versions I have on my system

Here are the downloads for C++ 2005

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=21254

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3387

Here are the 2 downloads for C++ 2008

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=15336

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=29

Here are the 2 downloads for C++ 2010

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

There are also various SP1 versions, etc. Determine what versions you have already.

Start> In search box type Add or remove programs> Enter

Scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269966-side-side-configuration-incorrect-all-32bit-exe-programs.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm at my wits end so I really hope someone can help. Every time I try to open a MS Office 2010 program, I get an error message "the application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details." I have not made any changes or added any programs.
I am running Vista SP2
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office.

I can open every other program, even other Microsoft programs, such as Frontpage 2003

A:The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration

Hi TamariaM

Googling your error message gives this link:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/winsdk/sidebysideerror.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingf...rror-message-given-launching-dynamics-gp.aspx

Do you have Visual Studio installed?
Did you check the Event Viewer as the error message advised?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-application-has-failed-to-start-because-its-side-by-side-configuration.965538/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
My Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard worked fine on Vista 64 Premium. Since upgrading to Vista 64 Ultimate, I get side-by-side configuration errors. I've uninstalled Setpoint, downloaded newer versions, reinstalled, installed the C++ Redistributable Package, but nothing eliminates the error. Has anyone had any success in resolving this problem?

A:Ultimate 64 Setpoint side by side configuration error

Hi newcitysue

Click the link in my sig and under step 2 download and install everything there, then reboot

http://www.vistax64.com/software/226283-ultimate-64-setpoint-side-side-configuration-error.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I run a HP [VISTA-64] computer with HP Upgrade to WIN7 DVD. I have run the DVD a few times, and *basically* W7 is fine. There is ONE issue though. When I have a few family JPGs open and go to the T-B, click on 'Show Windows Side by Side', it does not work right, as it did in V-64. The last time I reformatted, then upgraded to W7, Side by Side worked *once*, then...never again. Almost seems like something else I run 'kills' the ability to view a few JPGs [comparing]. My Wife will not use this W7 computer until I get this squared away. I cannot find a thing about the problem, and nothing on the HP Tech URL either...

Any Help ??

Bill

A:W7 Taskbar 'Show Windows Side by Side' Prob.

Hello BillsLastStand, welcome to Seven Forums!

Maybe a clean install will fix your issues, have a look at the tutorial at the link below.

Just backup all your important data first.

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/65987-w7-taskbar-show-windows-side-side-prob.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I know computers fairly well, however I am new to 64 bit.
For some strange reason my Vista 64 started giving me side by side errors.
Every single 32 bit (Program files(x86)) app give me the error, while any 64 bit apps dont.

Trolling for a few hours I found the most common solution to be installing vcredist_x86 This file wont install it gives me the same error.

So I downloaded vcredist_x64, but this file is built with a 32 bit self extractor and results with the same error. I Tried uninstalling the Visual Studio 05 but it gives me a windows installer can not be accessed.

Is there some trigger that can enable windows 32 bit installs to work and I can install vcredist_x86? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-side-by-side-error-running-32-bit-programs.808325/