Windows Support Forum

splitting access databse and user level security

Q: splitting access databse and user level security

How can you copy a access database with user level security?
I use a shortcut to open login box- I want manually split database- first step says copy database-
thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293534/splitting-access-databse-and-user-level-security/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: splitting access databse and user level security

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.45%

In my access database the users only have permissions to enter new data and read design. When they insert new data and click on the spell check in the toolbar it locks them out of the form to where they can not add any more information. It also will not let them change the words that spell check has picked out. The permissions for new data and read design have to stay because they can not go back in and change or delete info.

A:(User Level Security in Access)

Have you given them Update and insert data permissions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-level-security-in-access.338943/
Relevancy 75.25%

is it possible for read-only access users to change their password when getting into an access database file? or do they have to go through admin?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Dreamboat,
Let me begin by saying I cannot access my email from this location.

In response to your question:
What we need is to be able to have three or four CSR's entering and updating mailing info in the database simultaneously.

Just adding a shortcut to each desk top will do that?

What do you suggest. They need this set up pronto and as you can tell, I am at a standstill right now.

Thanks for all your help,
Emma

A:access databse to Dreamboat

I think security is a great idea, but I'm not sure how to intiate it.

emma

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-databse-to-dreamboat.49670/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have downloaded a template for the contact database from access. I love the form's! I am trying to add a second search command to search with in my contacts. I have alumni research with years they where in a show and the roles they played. I am wanting to search within the roles and then within the years. Any advice?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-databse.810477/
Relevancy 67.08%

If i have a database in Access 2003 which allows me to type in the names of customers how can i develope this so that the database remembers this name the next time i try to type it in. Basically starts to build up it's own database with the names as they are enterred?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello
I'm not amazlingly educated when it comes to microsoft access and I wondered if any one could give me some advice on making a database in which I could have one table that files all my contacts and there information which links to somewhere in which I can see all invoice that relate to them. I was thinking this could be achieved by giving each contact an ID which I could select in order to bring up all the relevant invoice data

If you get what i mean

Thanks

any help is greatly appreciated

A:Access: Creating a databse that links Contacts with invoices

Snakebitten, welcome to the forum.
If this is for a business then what you describe is OK, but may be a bit too basic.
What you may need is actually 3 tables, the extra table would be for the "Service" or "Items" that you provide, that will be itemised on the Invoice.
Yes you link the Invoices via the Customer ID and if using the other table I mentioned by those "item" Ids as well
Is this by any chance a "project" or assignment?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-creating-a-databse-that-links-contacts-with-invoices.845237/
Relevancy 58.91%

UPDATE I went to the exe and checked my permissions I had no quot special quot permissions just read write iirc Set my access to full control and ran the exe directly no shortcut still doesn't work properly access Why - User I don't Security - everything? to Permissions have Neither does running as administrator I should also mention that I'm able to copy files into there without Security - User Permissions - Why don't I have access to everything? any problem So now I have no idea what it's doing One weird thing I noticed though was that my user folder Security - User Permissions - Why don't I have access to everything? has a padlock on it doesn't seem to make any difference but again I don't remember that ever being there on my previous installation Okay so I have my new PC up and running Windows installed fine set it up as far as I can tell exactly how I have every time before however I think I'm still having problems with being the quot total admin quot I run an Authoring Tool for E-Learning and it ran fine on my previous PC Win installation Now it was refusing me access to the temp folder I looked into the permissions for it and found the following The everyone group has full permission but when I look at my account group I only have quot special permission quot Just wtf I'm the only user on this PC I don't seem to have a problem with anything else but why if I'm the quot admin quot and only user do I not have full permissions for everything Now I set my permission to quot full control quot but quot special permissions quot is still ticked The problem is that this program writes to the temp folder when you want to preview your work and it's giving me Access Denied to quot file C Users Jonathan AppData Local Temp quot Is there a simple way to just kick Win in the arse and give me administrator access will full control and none of this sneaky quot special permissions quot bs Am I not set up as the quot primary quot administrator Am I set up as just a user with admin power Am I somehow a member of the wrong group How did I end up restricting my OWN access to stuff It's possible I had to fix this on my last PC but it's been Security - User Permissions - Why don't I have access to everything? so long I honestly don't remember - Now to be clear while getting this to work would be great what I'm really after is setting Win so I NEVER HAVE TO SET ACCESS FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN Now to be clear while getting this to work would be great what I'm really after is setting Win so I never have to set access to anything again Apologies for somewhat angry post but I'm really sick of Windows trying to fight me every step of the way p s I realise I can enable the quot master admin quot account or whatever it is but I don't think I did that on my last install as I still had the option to quot run as administrator quot on my right-click menus

A:Security - User Permissions - Why don't I have access to everything?

Windows does not give access or ownership or permission to all system files to any standard user, even not to the administrator. The permissions are with TrustedInstaller. You may read about it here: What is TrustedInstaller.exe in Windows 7 | 8 or here: Windows Modules Installer - TrustedInstaller.exe - Program Information

You can take ownership of the files....
Take Ownership - Allow or Prevent Users and Groups To
Take Ownership Shortcut
But remember that it is risky. Better you dont use it abruptly, without consulting with some advanced user in our forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333691-security-user-permissions-why-dont-i-have-access-everything.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to implement security for the database I have created.

Obviously, for the admin user, I wanted to make it so that this user can have complete control over everything (editing, deleting, and designing). How do I ensure that this is set?

I wanted to make it so that the user accounts can enter information, but that theres no way to edit that information in the tables or forms once it is entered. How can I set this level of security?

I have used the wizard, and set everything so I thought it would implement these things, however when I logged in as Secretary (limited user level) it still let me change monetary amounts in the table unit payments.

Relevancy 58.48%

Help!

I just bought a new computer with Windows XP Home, and dropped the drive from my old one in so I could keep all the old data, and also to have more storage.

Problem is, I can't access a couple of user folders on this old drive, as that user had a password on the old system. I can access folders for the other users that didn't have passwords. All my old photos and files though, are in the user folder I can't access.

I changed the user name and password on my new system to match the name and password associated with the user from the old system, but the system still gave me a "denied access" message.

Is there any way I can access this data on my old drive from my new system?

A:work around XP User security to access a folder

Take Ownership.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/work-around-xp-user-security-to-access-a-folder.443548/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi.

Ive nearly finished my DB, just adding the finishing touches.

Ive just set up the secuirty and ive noticed something that concerns me.

Staff users (Non admin users) have the ability to change the account password though use of a button on the menu form which opens the User and Group Accounts menu (Access menu).

What concerns me is that although they can only alter their own account password, they can view the user names and groups of all the other users. Is there some way I can set it up so they can only change their password and nothin else. ie only the Change Logon Password tab should be availiable.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-security-user-and-group-accounts.575388/
Relevancy 57.62%

I fell for the Windows Security Virus but immediately checked it out once I was able to access Can't user after Accounts access Windows 7 Virus Security the Internet and realized what I had done I downloaded and ran SpyHunter which seemed to remove it from my admin account but my other user accounts aren't working I have since run a full system scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and SpyHunter but no virus or malware is showing I can actually log on to the accounts but all I get is the spinning circle I am not able to open any programs shut down restart etc The only thing I'm able to do is click on Switch User and when I do the monitor goes right to sleep and I can't wake it up The only way I'm able to get back to my account is to do a manual shut down and then restart I also created a new user account and the same thing happens The new user account is an admin account and the others are standard accounts The only Can't access user Accounts after Windows 7 Security Virus account I'm able to access without any problem is my admin account Do I still have the virus or did it change something Appreciate your help

A:Can't access user Accounts after Windows 7 Security Virus

Let's try this..Reboot into Safe Mode with NetworkingHow to start Windows 7 in Safe ModeIt is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another...) and save it to your desktop:•Link 1•Link 2•Link 3•Link 4•In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.•Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)?Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.•A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.•An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)•Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.•If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.Please Download TDSSkiller Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)Do not change the default options on scan results.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructionsfor doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. IssuesMalwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes when done.Note: If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492015/cant-access-user-accounts-after-windows-7-security-virus/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a huge MS Access 2000 database (about 33meg in size). How do I split that up into 10meg "chunks?" Or is that even possible?

A:Splitting an MS Access Database

33M is not that big for an Access database, but they are generally stored on a server. I assume you have this one at home and suspect that your tables are not properly normalized. Why don't you export one of them, preferably your biggest one and email it to me (zipped probably) and I'll check it out for you.

Otherwise, you could create a new blank database and export a table or two to it, then link the table to your existing database. However, linked tables can only be changed in its own database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/splitting-an-ms-access-database.36539/
Relevancy 57.19%

We have quite a hefty database (approx 90meg) that we would like to split into 2 smaller databases.

The plan is that if a certain "Date" field is older than a set date or another field = "Closed" then these records can be move to a archive database. The archive database needs to still have all the forms, queries and reports.

Is there software to do this or is it a case of make a copy of the database as the archive then manually delete the records that match the above criteria.
TIA
Raw2K

A:Splitting Access Database

In access, create a new blank db. Go to File...Get External Data...Import...

Import all tables, queries, reports, etc. that you want.

In the table in the new DB, run a maketable query, pulling all records where Date < (cutoff date) or other field = "Closed".

This new table will have your backup info. Delete the table you initially imported.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/splitting-access-database.312851/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Access 2010 database that I'm trying to lock down while keeping one or more tools open to outside users. I've split the database and password protected the backend. However, the encryption on the backend seems to be interfering with access to the form(s) that I'd like to keep open.

Goal:
Maintain software licensing records in a password protected backend. While leaving open a search form that technicians can use to check what software a given user or computer is licensed for.

What do you think is the best way to accomplish this? Am I on the right track with splitting the database?

Thank you!

Relevancy 56.76%

hi all,

I tried to split my database located in a shared folder in a network drive for multiusers, but when i tried to save the backend in the same folder i get the message " not a valid file name" despite i tried to do the same in my laptop and save the backend on the desktop and it worked.

why i cannot save the backend in the network drive shared folder.?

thanks

A:Solved: Access Splitting Database

What version of access? Are you saving the backend from the 'Split Wizard'? or a manual copy and paste? Where is the message coming from? Access or file system?

May need to go to the trust center and allow trusted sites on network and make these trusted locations. Each user will need to run a FE from thier local computer to get the multi user thing working correctly. They will each have to do the trusted site thing as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-splitting-database.1099892/
Relevancy 55.9%

This seems like it should be very easy to do but I must be having a brain cramp because I can't seem to make it work. I am seeking a way to parse a single large table into a group of smaller tables. Each of the smaller tables can contain no more than 98 records. So, for example, the large table may have 472 records but I need to split that up into five smaller tables, four containing 98 records each and the fifth containing the remaining 80 records.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a pc with Win 7 Pro RTM, with two user accounts.

The one account is for pc management and my Dad to use, so it needs everything enabled (account is an administrator).
The second account is for visitors to use, so I wish to disable many features in Windows to prevent people messing about with the machine (normal user account).

I've tried the group policy editor, but this works at a computer level, not at a user level as far as I can tell, and thus both accounts are affected.

Is there any sort of user level tool I can use like the group policy editor, to lock down the visitor account only?

A:How to set user level policies in Win 7 Pro

Quote: Originally Posted by pmurgs

I have a pc with Win 7 Pro RTM, with two user accounts.

The one account is for pc management and my Dad to use, so it needs everything enabled (account is an administrator).
The second account is for visitors to use, so I wish to disable many features in Windows to prevent people messing about with the machine (normal user account).

I've tried the group policy editor, but this works at a computer level, not at a user level as far as I can tell, and thus both accounts are affected.

Is there any sort of user level tool I can use like the group policy editor, to lock down the visitor account only?

Well first thing you do is create a standard user. then use parental controls to limit, then if you need modify policy edit to lock it down still further by limiting std user group

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/22177-how-set-user-level-policies-win-7-pro.html
Relevancy 55.9%

What is a user-level programs? what are some of the examples of a user-level programs?

Need Help
Thanks a lot!

A:About User-Level Programs

Does this concern an Apple system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-user-level-programs.606693/
Relevancy 55.9%

Fully up to date Vista Home Premium 32bit.

I lock computer by pressing WinKey+L or just wait few minutes and it start screensaver and lock itself. The problem exists ONLY when screen saver is running (tried third party screensavers and ones that were built in by Microsoft - no difference).

If ScreenSaver is running and I physically press turn off button on system unit, my computer exit screensaver, bring applications that are running to the front of screen, and lets me to work with them while Vista attempt to shut computer off. To make the matter worse, it almost always bring dialog about waiting for some applications more time or cancel shut down attempt. If I cancel it - i get full access to previously locked session without entering user name or password....
Could it be that this problem just my system specific?(not likely)

A:Security problem: gaining full Vista access without entering password or user name

Could someone reproduce it?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234876-security-problem-gaining-full-vista-access-without-entering-password-user-name.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am working on an installation package for an application and need to check to see if the user is an administrator. How would i check for this programmatically especially in C#.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/157085-detect-user-privilege-level.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is it possible to create a default set of favorites in Win 7 for IE above the individual user level? Am trying to put some specific URLs in favorites that will show for all new employees - and can't find any way to do it - other than send an email with all of them listed and have them individually add them.

Note - I am not in IT - so please send 'dummy proof' instructions (IT is telling me it's not possible. I know they did it in XP). thank you

A:Adding Favorites at a level above individual user

Hello glfrlady, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Placing the favorite links in the hidden system folder below will have them added in all new user accounts that are created afterwards.

C:\Users\Default\Favorites

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/181719-adding-favorites-level-above-individual-user.html
Relevancy 54.18%

how do you set up security level in Internet explorer; low -med- high?

A:IE, security level?

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Are you asking which level each of us use or are you asking us how it's done?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/176599-ie-security-level.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I'd like to enable the slider that allows to quickly higher or lower security for the Internet zone in IE7. Unfortunately it seems that acting on the registry value? HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\Flags or the same value under the HKCU hive does not achieve anything. Can anyone help? Is there some Local Security Policy to act upon maybe?

Thanks.

Bob

A:Enabling "security level" slider in IE7 security tab for the Internet zone

Well, if you can edit the registry, then I assume that you have admin rights on that box...

I don't know of anything in the LSP, but if this is a domain member machine, there might very well be a GPO that has removed this. Unfortunately my Win2K3 server VM is broken and am recreating it, so I can't look and see right this second. If you have AD admin rights, you might have a look at the IE Security options there...

Sorry I can't be of more help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/enabling-security-level-slider-in-ie7-security-tab-for-the-internet-zone-268851.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer has recently had trouble downloading any ActiveX Controls. Basically, whenever I attempt to load a web-page with ActiveX components, I receive a warning message stating that my security levels will not allow the initiation of it.

But my IE security settings are the same as what they have always been. But, to be on the "safe" side, I lowered all of the levels to the lowest settings. Even then I will recieve the message.

Ah, I thought, must be my firewall. Yet, even after a complete uninstallation of my Norton software, no dice with the ActiveX controls.

I've tried disabling everything through MSCONFIG, I've tried safe mode, restoring my default settings on everything internet related... and still nothing.

Does anyne have any idea what is going on?

Thank you in advance...

P.S.- if not, how does one completely Uninstall ActiveX and reinstall it?

A:ActiveX Security Level Help

Open Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level

ensure that:

* Download signed ActiveX controls
* Run ActiveX controls and Plug-ins
* Script ActiveX controls marked for safe scripting

- are either set to ?Enable? or ?Prompt?.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/activex-security-level-help-66382.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I can't change my security level zone from high and it's restricting me from getting on certain sites

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-level-zone.1158612/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems downloading a few programs. I get a message that the security level is blocking them. How do i change the level?

A:downloads blocked by security level

to anyone who has any popups or security warnings popin up through viruses use these tools trojan remover and pcdoctor i have used them for quite some time for other people and have sucsessfully removed the virus and malware and any key loggers from there pc`s with no problems be aware if you are visiting any sites that ask you to instal some program it is most likley to be a win32 huer virus the main one to look out for best of luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloads-blocked-by-security-level.746987/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am curious as to what affect router security has on speed. When I use WPA security on my router, my average download speed is about 7 MBS, but when I change it to no security, the average download speed is about 15 MBS. First, is such a wide variation normal? If not, is there a problem either with my router, my cable modem or my computer? Is there anything I can do to increase the download speed while still using WPA? Thanks for your help and advice!

Relevancy 52.89%

My Windows 8 computer has unwanted pop up advertisement tabs and Azure boxes in all Browsers every time I change websites. When I set Security to High in Internet Options the pop ups go away but on High other functioning is impaired. If I use the Custom Security Level which control should I disable to stop the pop ups but leave the other functioning intact?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30980-custom-security-level-stop-pop-ups.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft Fesses Up To 19 Vulnerabilities, MSBlast-Level Worm Likely Feb. 8, 2005

The company released its largest group of security patches in nearly a year, posting 12 security bulletins encompassing 19 vulnerabilities, 14 of which it marked "Critical." Among them is a vulnerability that one security vendor claims will likely lead to the biggest, baddest worm since mid-2003.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=59302036

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-alert-msblast-level-worm-likely.328378/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having computer problems and I came across Results-Bad + Virus Security PC eFix Level the eFix program I can eFix Results-Bad PC Security Level + Virus t afford to buy it but after it ran a check on my eFix Results-Bad PC Security Level + Virus PC for free it came back saying that My Security Level is BAD My Top Harmful Virus is PUP Optional ShopAtHome A a k Not sure if that means I have more viruses and this is just the worst one Problems I have been experiencing PC runs very slow Can t get Internet Explorer to work correctly at all It always crashes and has it seems since I first got this new computer Oddly I was having the same issue on my previous computer with IE Haven t been able to use it in a very long time and sometimes a particular site runs better on IE Google Chrome - Takes a very long time for websites eFix Results-Bad PC Security Level + Virus to open Get lots of quot Aw Snap quot pages when trying to go to a website I ve been trying to capture one of the error messages to include here but when you want them you can t get them It seems many of the errors say something about DNS lookup Another thing that sometimes happens is as per example below I put activerideshop com into the URL area What came up was shapetea com - huh And the site came up without any graphics just with bullets and text and links all left justified on the screen Mainly I am wanting to find a way to scan my computer for malware and viruses and remove anything that is found Hoping to be able to do this without having to purchase a program to do it for me I realize that you then have the program and it can continually monitor the computer but I just can t afford to purchase a program right now TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA VG ST Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Thank you kindly nbsp

A:eFix Results-Bad PC Security Level + Virus

do not use any snake oil program like e-fix . It will make the situation worse

Step 1
Click on this link to download : ADWCleaner Click on ONE of the Two Blue Download Now buttons That have a blue arrow beside them and save it to your desktop. Do not click on any links in the top Advert.

See the screenshot where the proper download buttons are highlighted
NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading click on Tools > Smartscreen Filter > Turn off Smartscreen Filter then click on OK in the box that opens. Then click on the link again.

Close your browser and double click on this icon on your desktop:

You will then see the screen below, click on the Scan button (as indicated), accept any prompts that appear and allow it to run, it may take several minutes to complete, when it is done, you will get a message saying "PENDING" , Ignore that & click on the Clean button, accept any prompts that appear and allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report, Copy & Paste it into your next post.
Please note: the newer versions of Adwcleaner have a pretty colour display on some versions of windows and slightly different icons. The screenshots are from the older version but are basically the same

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/efix-results-bad-pc-security-level-virus.1150643/
Relevancy 52.03%

ON my previous computer, which was running XP, and using the same printer I'm using with my HP Comaq 6200 (a HP Deskjet 3920), Ink Levels were automatically displayed every time I operated the printer, but with the 6200 running W10Pro, the ink levels aren't displayed, and I can't find a way to activate them. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please? I'm slowly getting used to W10, but some things, of which this is one, elude me!

(Mods. If in the wrong section, please move as required!)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32751-how-access-ink-level-display-w10.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having a very hard time with Word 03 Professional. For some reason, my macros have been disabled, and I'm not even allowed to make new ones. The exact message I'm getting is "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings." My security settings are at low right now; I've went to Help>About Microsoft Ofiice>Disabled Items, but nothing is there. I'm not sure what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365806/macros-in-word-2003-pro-will-not-work-regardless-of-security-level/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello guys,

Every time I start IE 7, I get the message "Your security setting level puts your computer at risk"

I change the setting, yet I keep getting this message.

Does this mean I am infected with virus??

A:Ie: Your Security Setting Level Puts Your Computer At Risk

NO ,not infected. Well hopefully not as you are set too low.It's a built in nag warning from uncle MSFT. See if your settings are as this...http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archi.../20/506626.aspxEDIT: Sorry, Welcome to Bleeping Computer...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165698/ie-your-security-setting-level-puts-your-computer-at-risk/
Relevancy 52.03%

This may have been posted somewhere here over the weekend but I (HIGH LEVEL) W32/Mimail.A-mm Security Alert: MessageLabs couldn t find it If so my apologies for repeating it I MessageLabs Security Alert: W32/Mimail.A-mm (HIGH LEVEL) receive email notifications from Message Labs on occasion MessageLabs Security Alert: W32/Mimail.A-mm (HIGH LEVEL) and like to share them here Beware of a new email-borne mass-mailing virus On st August MessageLabs the email security company intercepted copies of a new mass-mailing virus called W Mimail A-mm and stopped the first copy originating from the United States Name W Mimail A-mm Number of copies intercepted so far Time amp Date first Captured st August GMT Origin of first intercepted copy United States Number of countries seen active US UK Initial Synopsis This file uses a combination of Windows exploits including MS - and MS - to automatically create an executable file on the recipient s computer and then attempts to run it W Mimail A-mm is a mass-mailing virus that includes its own SMTP engine It can collect email addresses from a compromised system by searching through various files on the hard disk The virus arrives in an attachment with a zip extension and may therefore potentially infect anyone who is only blocking exe and similar attachments Furthermore the Zip file consists of an HTML file which also will not be blocked even by those who block Zip files containing executables Detection MessageLabs detected all strains of this virus proactively using its unique and patented Skeptic predictive heuristics technology No MessageLabs customers were affected by this outbreak For further information please visit the MessageLabs website at http www messagelabs com viruseye viruseye threats amp virusname W Mimail A-mm - ends - nbsp

A:MessageLabs Security Alert: W32/Mimail.A-mm (HIGH LEVEL)

Thanks for the info SnP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/messagelabs-security-alert-w32-mimail-a-mm-high-level.152498/
Relevancy 52.03%

So I really didn't know how to get a better title for this issue I have and it's started bothering me. I'll describe the symptoms:

- WinRAR drag&drop not working. Access Denied error, basically cannot write to temp folder
- some apps cannot update, such as Opera
- some files are asking again and again for permission to be ran, even though I have unchecked "Always ask before opening this file". Message is "Publisher couldn't be verified etc." Might be unrelated.

I can obviously solve these issues by running Opera or WinRAR as administrator, but I have installed Win 7 quite a few times ago, this behavior is not normal.

Can you help me bringing things back to normal?
Thanks.

A:Windows 7 strange security level-related behavior

Have you ran all your security software, e.g. Spyware/Anti-Virus/Malware? Have you tried running a sfc/scannow to check for and possibly repair any corrupted system files? SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
How long ago did this start? Do you have a system restore point you could use and have you tried it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330922-windows-7-strange-security-level-related-behavior.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently secured my home wireless network using WPA2 PERSONAL. My laptop (recent purchase, Windows7) connects just fine. Now I find my wife's work laptop (two to three years old, Windows XP I think) will not connect. She requested that her network admin update the driver for her wireless card (Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN card - Broadcom). Still cannot connect at WPA2 level. I checked properties of her card and there is not an option for WPA2. There was an option for WPA so I selected that, went back to my router, and lowered my network security to WPA. Now she is able to connected.

I'm far from well schooled on wireless security. Is there anything else I should be doing or are we stuck with WPA?

A:Solved: Wireless Security Level too high for laptop

JoeFrank

If the card doesn't support WPA2 encryption, you're stuck with using WPA. WPA, while obviously not the strongest choice, is still pretty strong. The good news is....you're not using WEP.

Curtis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-security-level-too-high-for-laptop.912008/
Relevancy 51.6%

Gone throught a few tutorials and help sections but still no success.

On computer with Windows 7 I have 2 shared folders.
They are meant to be accessed by everyone - no password needed.

If I try to access this computers in explorer with \\computer_name
access is denied.
If I specify the path to shared folder there is no problem e.g. \\computer_name\shared_folder

I would like to access also to the 'root' - \\computer_name so that I can explore all shared folders (no need to know path exactly)

I appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance
maMile

A:Access denied only on computer level

Unless i dreaming, W7 won't allow root c:\ to be accessed via a share. Let me go a quick test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55421-access-denied-only-computer-level.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've created a generic user account for logging into one particular workstation. I've enforced log on restrictions in Active Directory as shown below:

I've also enabled requirement for Network Level Authentication (when connecting via Remote Desktop) on the workstation and added the user account as shown below:

However, with these settings in place, I receive the following error message whenever I try to log in via Remote Desktop:

Any way for me to restrict logons for this account to this single workstation *and* require network level authentication? 

Shaun

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0e7503f-3b8f-42e7-926b-132f958239c2/unable-to-log-in-via-remote-desktop-when-network-level-authentication-is-enforced-and-log-on?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 51.17%

Ever since I updated to IE8, I have been getting this error every time I log on:

Your security setting level puts your computer at risk.

but my security level is already at High. Is there a way to fix this? Clicking 'Fix security settings' does not do anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/your-security-setting-level-puts-your-computer-at-risk-message-462214.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been trying to change the security level of internet explorer. But it is always showing as high. I have checked the group policy settings, but found nothing.

Anyone please suggest any methods to change it into medium?

Regards,
Nishad

A:Solved: Unable to change the security level in Windows 2003

Hi, what sec level are you talking about.

tools>internet options>security>change it to whatever you want.

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-change-the-security-level-in-windows-2003.763911/
Relevancy 51.17%

This two-minute video shows how you can use this Linux CD called BackTrack to get system-level access to your Vista machine. For those who may not know, system-level access is a level higher than Administrator.

BackTrack is a free version of Linux that runs entirely from a bootable CD and can be downloaded freely from many places on the web as an ISO image ready to burn to CD.

For troubleshooters, this can be an invaluable resource.

A:How to get system-level access to your Vista machine

There were a few command-line tools that would allow system permissions in XP. They all worked well, but the only one I have found that works in Vista is powrrun.exe. Any program started with it, like regedit or any other, runs under system credentials. Explorer started by it has immediate access to all files and folders, and regedit is not locked out of any keys.

BackTrack is not needed for a simple renaming process. Any Linux distro with NTFS-3g drivers, Avast's NTFS4DOS floppy, UBCD4Win, Ultimate Boot CD, and many others will work just as well (and most are much smaller).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-system-level-access-to-your-vista-machine.715649/
Relevancy 51.17%

Please help I am having a rough time I have been defeated by the above mentioned trio I should mention that the three span machines Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks John PS Please forgive any breaches of protocol in my virgin post FROM MACHINE ONE DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on Zero Watcher catchme Quality Access, Level , - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system mqsvc exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows System tcpsvcs exeC Windows System snmp exeC Zero Access, Level Quality Watcher , catchme Program Files NETGEAR WNA WifiSvc exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Google Chrome Zero Access, Level Quality Watcher , catchme Application chrome Zero Access, Level Quality Watcher , catchme exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Windows explorer exeC Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system svchost exe -k ftpsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k ipripsvcC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO Symantec NCO BHO ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - c program files norton engine coieplg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - c program files norton engine ips ipsbho dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllTB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - c program files norton engine coieplg dllTB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - c program files norton engine coieplg dlluRun C CB C A A BFAEAFA AE CA A F service run c program files google chrome application chrome exe --type serviceuPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword INFO HKCU has more than listed domains If you wish to scan all of them select the 'Force scan all domains' option DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CF DAC -A F - E-A BA-C FFD F - hxxp content systemrequirementslab com bin srldetect intel cabTCP NameServer TCP Interfaces FDE - D D- ADE-A CF- B D FDE DHCPNameServer TCP Interfa... Read more

A:Zero Access, Level Quality Watcher , catchme

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===I will deal here with your Fist computer with the Windows 7 operating system only.We do not service two computers on the same topic much lest if the operating system is not the same.If you have problems with the XP computer then please start a new topic and post a fresh DDS log.You can give me the URL of your topic in your next reply and I will expedite the matter.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller for 32bit or Roguekiller for 64bit Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+==============Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: TurorialLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517013/zero-access-level-quality-watcher-catchme/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I am struggling to answer Q15 from from November 2008 Applied ICT Paper 4. I have attached the question paper and supporting files.

Please can you help?

(Please note I needed to change the file types of the supporting docs to attach to here, csv to xlsx and rtf to docx)

Thank you

A:Access / MS Word Labels A level Question

Sorry but we don't assist with course assignments. That would defeat the purpose of you doing the research and figuring it out for yourself which is an important part of the learning process.

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-ms-word-labels-a-level-question.1091120/
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows Firewall has detected activity of spyware stuffsName Trojan-Spy Win keylogger aa lt --- This is fake because it pops up with many other names too tinyclick stuff etc Risk Level CriticalDescription This Troan has a keyboard logging function which is intended to Tried a full PC-Cillin check nothing Did Spyware Doctor Free version and deleted every file it found suspicios and the HKEYS Tried ATF-Cleaner exe with SUPERAntiSpyware- it removed some- uninstalled both after To Security Program Windows Critical- Download To Firewall Fix Popup- Level Wants virus still thereA popup immediately after I was looking for the final episodes to one of my shows is how Windows Firewall Security Popup- Level Critical- Wants To Download Program To Fix it startedHeres a hijackthis log I think I did it right Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass Windows Firewall Security Popup- Level Critical- Wants To Download Program To Fix exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperWorkstation DKService exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data johibqvu bkrylupa exeC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system jwvsvcxy exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar ... Read more

A:Windows Firewall Security Popup- Level Critical- Wants To Download Program To Fix

Anybody have any help? Still infected.Now theres a red X in the process bar thing (bottom right) and it also detects spyware- it wasn't detecting more (did I get infected with more? Running full trend micro scan now)Trojan-Spy.Win32.GreenscreenPAK_Generic.006Trojan-Clicker.Win32.TinyClick.HTrojan-Logger.Win32.KeyLogger.BQI'm fairly certain on the last two that have popped up (name wise)Help- more viruses poppingn up daily[url=http://www.a013.com/a/track/default.html?st=13&rn=0. Something with www.a013.com/a/track always pops up when I enter websitesI think these three files are suspicious (I've tried deleting multiple times):jwvsvcxy.exebkrylupa.exebrastk.exeEdit again:Went into regedit, tried deleting anything associated with those three.Red X at bottom right dissapeared- will check tommorow if it's back up SpyNoMore will not open:"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."Said the same thing about command prompt a couple days ago, was able to find a fix to that (and tasklist)Hope for help soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172958/windows-firewall-security-popup-level-critical-wants-to-download-program-to-fix/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all.

Is there any way to grant a user the ability to access a compact flash reader at the device level without giving them admin rights? One of our users has a utility that writes an ISO image to CF cards, and we need to get it working without admin rights if at all possible.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-level-access-to-cf-reader-w-o-admin-rights.656094/
Relevancy 50.31%

Here's the situation I have a drive mapped on my XP machine at work where we're using Novell Our server team has set up a cifs share so we can map the drives in share access Unable to folders level higher explorer The J drive is Pdxshrn c shr Eng XP can access is fine but on vista I get an access denied error NOTE Our server team won't help me because they don't support Vista I would use XP but we can't find bit drivers for this machine More details If I type in Pdxshrn c shr Eng in explorer on XP Unable to access higher level share folders I see all the subfolders I have access to and I can't see the folders I don't have access to Then again if I browse to one of the lower level folders I can get to another set of folders I have access to In Vista I get quot access denied quot for ENG and the next level of subfolders In Vista if I type in a path to a lower level folder which I have full read write access to we grant folder permissions at the sub-folder level using Novell then Vista can access it Any ideas I've contacted Microsoft and their only solution is to grant full read write permission to Pdxshrn c shr Eng This is impossible as we have sensitive information that should not be accessed by everyone

A:Unable to access higher level share folders

Sounds like a Novell interop issue. If the target machine has the client for Novell installed on it, technically it's no longer "XP". You may find something in the server-side logs which explains the "access denied" response being sent back to Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227924-unable-access-higher-level-share-folders.html
Relevancy 50.31%

iPhone users should track developments closely, as hackers and crackers are actively exploring security developments to discover weaknesses. Hackers gain shell-level access on iPhonehttp://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=775http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/06/iphone-...or-shell-accessWell, that didn't take long -- the hacker crew of IRC channel #iPhone has managed to enable shell access to the iPhone just a week after its release. There's not a lot to the hack -- the iPhone's 30-pin dock connector features the same pinouts as the iPod, so creating a serial connection simply involved connecting up a resistor, ground, and RS-232 level converter and running a few commands from iphoneinterface. The resulting shell is pretty basic, but features a TFTP client -- meaning that we should see a flood of attempts to open the iPhone up in the coming weeks (as if we wouldn't anyway).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99360/hackers-gain-shell-level-access-on-iphone/
Relevancy 50.31%

I HAVE TWO FIELDS CONTAING LIST OF EMAIL IDS IN A TABLE UNDER A DATABASE IN MS ACCESS. THE FIELD 1 CONTAINS ABOUT 20000 DIFFERENT EMAIL IDS AND FIELD 2 CONTAINS ABOUT 5000 EMAIL IDS.

THE EMAIL IDS THAT ARE THERE IN FIELD 2 ARE ALSO PRESENT IN FIELD 1. WHAT I WANT IS THAT ALL THE EMAIL IDS THAT ARE IN FIELD 2 GET DELETED FROM FIELD 1 SO THAT FIELD 1 DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY EMAIL ID THAT IS THERE IN FIELD 2.

Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having problems with iTunes being unable to sync calendars with my iPhone.

In order to eliminate or incriminate iTunes interaction with Outlook I'd like to capture a trace of the COM (I assume) interactions between iTunes and the Outlook calendar APIs.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
Dave

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69788-capturing-api-level-trace-access-outlook-2010-calendar.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I use the following code to login to a crystal report based arround an ms access database

<add key ="AccessDB" value="d:\goldmine\orielgold\Goldmine.mdb"/>

ConnectionInfo crInfo = new ConnectionInfo();

crInfo.DatabaseName = appSettings.Settings["AccessDB"].Value;
crInfo.ServerName = appSettings.Settings["AccessDB"].Value;

crInfo.UserID = "";
crInfo.Password = "";

I need to do this now to a secured version. I have modified the above code to

ConnectionInfo crInfo = new ConnectionInfo();

crInfo.DatabaseName = appSettings.Settings["AccessDB"].Value;
crInfo.ServerName = appSettings.Settings["AccessDB"].Value;

crInfo.UserID = "Goldmine";
crInfo.Password = "orielgold";

BUT how do I specify the location/path/name of the system.mdw file?

In previous version there was a .add property but this does not appear in VS2005/CR XI R2 system.

Regards
Robert T Turner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-databse-path-cr-xi-r2-net.642278/
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there a chance do define two different audio levels?
I guess I am not the only one listening to music with my computer - so I'd like to avoid awkward and looooud system sounds while turning up my stereo...

is there a chance to do so? I know that apple has it, not sure bout win7...

thx

A:Low system sound level, high music level?

I think I understand your question. I use powered partner speakers and in my audio controls for my sound card it has output levels and then and then my music manager has it's own. First I set my sound card at around 1/3 volume +- and then go to the mm and set a volume to around 1/2-3/4 full volume. Then at my speakers I adjust the volume to a clear but loud volume. Then going back to the mm I'll use it's volume only which is controlled off my keyboard and it seems to work well. You still will run into situations where things are too load or too soft and other than in your music files there really isn't much you can do about that, just be ready to ride your volume a little.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/125588-low-system-sound-level-high-music-level.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I m not sure if this is the correct place but here goes Please move to appropriate forum if this is not the right place thanks running application utilizes D database trying to open up PDF within the application and in this PDF there is a save button option which runs a small javascript the script is designed to save the pdf to the database but - close adobe - within 4D databse Javascript i would also like it to close abobe itself after the save is completed the script is as follows Code get the URL to submit the form xfdf file to var vT SubmitURL quot quot var urlField this getField quot Javascript - close adobe - within 4D databse Forms SubmitURL quot get the submit URL to use vT Javascript - close adobe - within 4D databse SubmitURL urlField value try this submitForm cURL vT SubmitURL cSubmitAs quot XFDF quot bAnnotations true catch e app alert e toString this closeDoc true also this code does not work either Code app execMenuItem quot Exit quot Is there any code which would allow me to close exit Adobe after its been saved nbsp

A:Javascript - close adobe - within 4D databse

Just guessing but you might try app.execMenuItem("Close"). This would close if you opened with adobe. But you are opening in a browser?? Maybe you need to close the browser?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/javascript-close-adobe-within-4d-databse.1079528/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/64477-standard-user-account-necessary-tight-security-home-user.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a huge databse saved in Entourage 2008. As my laptop is obsolete, I have bought a new window system. I have installed office 2013 have outlook 2013 as my email client. I need to transfer all my database from mac to OUtlook 2013. I have tried to sync imap my Imap account in outlook 2013 but the synchronization always fails. I have years worth of emails and it shows 13948 files in "All Mails".

Please show me some other ways to import Entourage 2008 database into Outlook 2013.
Thanks

A:Import Entourage databse into Outlook 2013

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
I think the only way to do this is with a converter. See this page for ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526546/import-entourage-databse-into-outlook-2013/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm attempting to import a database into Outlook from ACT 2000.

As I begin the process I receive a message sayng "MAPI error 0X80070057 has occured. Plesae try again."

I then receive a message saying "A translation step has fialed. Do you want to continue with the remianing tanslation steps?"

If I continue with the process, will I just end up missing some of the data, or is something more sinister in the background? The database has only 300 records, so I can manually check it for important data.

A:Importing databse into Outlook from ACT/MAPI error

This is usually some corrupt or incompatible data.

It could something as simple as an Email address that's not a real address (like a space) or it could be a bad character in another field.... or could be some damage in the database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-databse-into-outlook-from-act-mapi-error.885258/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi people I have setup a disk quota usage for the user quot warning appear log their exceeds level the an event quota limit event ( only user / when in ) once Log tester quot nbsp mb warning level mb Quota limit When I generated a file of gt mb then I see well a event Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information - - Ntfs A user hit their quota threshold on volume C when I try put a second file of more than mb also first i'm block to copy it good and then i receive well then related event Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Information - - Ntfs A user hit their quota limit on volume C so I erase the files and try again and then nothing in the event log I Log event when an user exceeds their ( quota limit / warning level ) appear only once in the event log have try restart the quota management to pout other limit for that user to disable then enable again limitation for this user without success once the event amp appear it seem that he never appear again even if a warning limit is triggered again any idea

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/652813a6-620d-43c6-bc2a-3f5647fb8b80/log-event-when-an-user-exceeds-their-quota-limit-warning-level-appear-only-once-in-the-event?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,
Does anyone know how to disable Level 1 and Level 2 cache in CMOS
there doesnt seem to be any options in the bios menus (PHOINEX)
I have a problem of windows xp not booTing after installing windows sp2

Many thanks
Joe

A:Disable Level 1 and Level 2 cache in CMOS

If there is no option for it in the BIOS you probably cant do it. Its not advisable anyways - and i also doubt your problems with SP2 come with the CPUs cache.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disable-level-1-and-level-2-cache-in-cmos-50258.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I cannot use IE on my desktop, but several other applications (e.g. outlook) can access the internet. When I ping my router from the desktop, it works fine, but when I ping the desktop itself from the desktop it times out.

Pinging the desktop from other computers on the home network work fine.

Is my stack screwed up, or do I have a problem with the network adapter?

Steve

Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 938406 MB, Free - 848180 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, EG43M
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disable
I play FarmVille and was at Level 39. I started it today and am now at Level 1 and can't get my game back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-game-went-from-level-39-to-level-1-cant-get-back.1055689/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello. Hoping someone could help me. I finally finsihed my Access 97 application and placed it on a shared network drive. I now want to create 2 users, one that has Read/Write access and one that has Read Only access. I followed all the insturctions, creating a file using WRKGADM.EXE and setting up an ADMIN and users and assigning them each the appropriate access to certain forms, tables,etc. And this all works perfectly on my computer. Now if I go to another computer and open the same database, I'm not prompted to end any username or password and the database just opens allowing the user full access. How do I set it up so anyone who opens this database will be prompted to enter the secure database? And I assume once I do this then I can set Record Locking options? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

Is there an easy to "split" a 40 Gb user file area into ten 4 Gb "chunks", for the purpose of backing up onto ten DVDs? In other words, is there an easy way to copy a 40 Gb file area onto ten DVDs?

Operating System is Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit).

Thank you for your time and help,
Best regards,
James

A:"Splitting" 40 Gb user file system into ten 4 Gb "chunks"

Perhaps if you save to a FAT32 formatted partition.
This is automatically done by image backup software such as Macrium and Acronis.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/237706-splitting-40-gb-user-file-system-into-ten-4-gb-chunks.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've never heard of this program before, but someone posted in alt.comp.anti-virus newsgroup asking what this was.
Poster thinks his kid may have installed this application on his PC. Theres a Red shield with an X in it in system tray.
Its prompting him to let it update his security files. I've told him not to let it do anything until I can find out what it is.

A quick search reveals a "Security Live Protect 5.9" is available for download at various Cracks and Wares sites online.
Can't seem to find any information through legitimate software download sites on it.

A:"security Live Protect 5.9" Prompting User To Update Security Files

Nevermind -- I found out what it is. Looks like it could be some sort of product similar to Spywareblaster, with scanning capabilities. http://live-protect.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95236/security-live-protect-59-prompting-user-to-update-security-files/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have been having trouble gaining access to my user user folder to get to my app data details if i right click there is no option to run as administrator i havn't changed access to how user/(user) padlock/gain remove to folder the share options how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder but i did follow these instructions nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by Christian Smith If you wanted to remove it just right click on the folder gt Properties gt Security gt Click quot Edit quot how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder next to change permissions gt Click quot add quot gt if the folder is nothing really personal etc type quot everyone quot Into the dialog box Hit the enter key and quot Apply quot quot Ok quot etc Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups Hope that helps and it stated that i didn't have permissions as it ran through a list of items I then followed these instructions Local Users and Groups Manager - Open and in both option and it stated that quot this computer is running windows home premium this snapin may not be used with this version of windows to manage user accounts for this computer use the user accounts tool in the control panel quot in option the local user and groups option is not there as far as i am aware and in the user account option i am the only user running on this computer and as administrator i am therefore at a loss and any help would be gratefull

A:how to remove padlock/gain access to user/(user) folder

Hello worligig,

You might see if installing and using Take Ownership may allow you to be able to access it afterwards.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321220-how-remove-padlock-gain-access-user-user-folder.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I know how to do most of the settings.

Date|Item Used|Place Used|Credit|Debit|Balance
01-10-15 | DC| Walmart |0.00 | $25.10 | $1408.45 (Sample)
Those are my columns in Microsoft Works Database.

When I first created the custom checking account in Microsoft Database the last column I put this in =Balance+Credit-Debit then I locked the column. How do I do that in LibreOffice 4.4 or Open Office 4.1.1? I don't want to worry about having to keep Microsoft Works installed.

A:Request Help with Open Office/LibreOffice 4.4/Microsoft Works Databse

Don't think you can do it in OpenOffice, last version 4.x.x I installed no longer had support for Works formats. I now stay with LibreOffice for those folks that need the Works files such as recipes they saved as .wps files.
Microsoft Works 9 is fine on my Win7 and Win8.1 computers, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Being the somewhat curious sort I just installed Works 9 on Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview 64-bit, seems to be just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/362582-request-help-open-office-libreoffice-4-4-microsoft-works-databse.html
Relevancy 47.3%

According to the windows.microsoft.com website "Your user account prevents anyone who is using a standard account on your computer from seeing your files." My wife and I share our computer: I have an administrator account and she has a standard user account. Yet when she is logged in she can access my documents and read them via File Explorer, though she cannot delete them. This seems to contradict what Microsoft say or am I missing something? Grateful for any advice.

Since writing the above I have found that the same situation exists on the other computer that we share, but in this case she is able to delete the documents as well.

Sorry, everyone, I think I've solved this. I must have set particular sharing permissions and forgotten I'd done so.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/66310-standard-account-users-access-other-users-files.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have read on here that in the case of reformatting to get rid of viruses that one should do a low level format and I do not understand what that is. I have read the article from Microsoft that some have linked to that is suppose to explain the difference, but it does not explain it to me.

Is formatting using the XP disk considered low level?

Also, how does one go about using third party formatting tools like killdisk or the format tools from the hard drive mfg? As in, do they have to be burned as an ISO to a cd or can the just be copied onto a cd?

I am assuming they have to be put on a cd as I cannot see how they could run off the hard drive, is that correct?

A:Low Level vs High Level Format

Also, how does one go about using third party formatting tools like killdisk or the format tools from the hard drive mfg? As in, do they have to be burned as an ISO to a cd or can the just be copied onto a cd?As an ISO. The instructions for Killdisk are very easy to followUsing Killdisk will remove partitions and overwrite the entire drive with zerosThat is a low level reformat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243674/low-level-vs-high-level-format/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have computers with Win7 & 8. I have malwarebytes and MS security programs on both. I found I could not ping in the medium firewall settings of my dsl modem (westell 7500) and changed the level to "Low". Since I have these other programs like windows firewall, is this Low level acceptable?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/71121-changing-dsl-modem-security-level-permit-pings.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I have two user accounts used by my wife and myself and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) works fine on both user accounts. Very occasionally our daughters visit and use our pc. They use the Guest account. I just happened to log into the Guest account and got a pop up message saying that Microsoft Security Client User Interface has stopped working. When I closed the message I noticed that the MSE icon was missing from the Notification Area. When I tried to open MSE from the Start Menu I just got the pop up message again and MSE would not open.

I would add that I have no other anti-virus software running on my pc apart from MSE.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300805-security-client-user-interface-has-stopped-working-message-guest-user-account.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron s Desktop - Intel Duo Core gb RAM gb HD bit Windows I get the message every time I try and open a folder on my c drive - Can t access Windows Explorer folder on the taskbar and any other folder or file by double clicking Dell doubleclicking, or accounts access user Backup folder can't access Can't by any it I can open them by right clicking then open quot this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a progra or if one Can't access any folder by doubleclicking, can't access user accounts or Dell Backup is already installed create an assocation in the Default Programs Can't access any folder by doubleclicking, can't access user accounts or Dell Backup control Panel quot I can open applications But I can not open the folder for them lets say in c program files -- the only way to open them is by rightclicking then open If I double click I get the above error message same issue with quot my documents quot quot My pictures quot etc Included with the above problems I now can not access User Accounts When I go into Control Panel click User Accounts I can not manage existing ones nor can I quot Add or remove user accounts quot I click the link and nothing happens Finally I have someething built into the computer called quot Dell DataSafe Backup quot Its a recovery partition part of the HDD that saves all my files for a recovery However I can NOT access it I click the quot Dell DataSafe quot in my taskbar and nothing happens nbsp

A:Can't access any folder by doubleclicking, can't access user accounts or Dell Backup

MS Support suggested:
I tried doing a registry fix:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\OpenWithList]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\OpenWithProgids]
"exefile"=hex(0):

after saving the above file as 'exe.reg', I went to CMD prompt and typed: reg import exe.reg

I also saved above file as (by another suggestion): and ran a file called: vista-7-fixexe.reg , then CMD Prompt: reg import vista-7-fixexe.reg both did not work..

tried another suggestion in the CMD Prompt: "assoc.exe=exefile" but have no idea what this was for or what it did..As I have no idea what the above did or did not do..

(Some recent installs: Some updates including Service Pack 1. Some updates to applications I use as well..)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-any-folder-by-doubleclicking-cant-access-user-accounts-or-dell-backup.984127/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have a series of 7 forms which allow users to select various options and complete some computation in the DB. The whole process takes no more than 3 mins.

However, some users will go to Form 3, then exit Access. And they will forget which Form to continue from.

To prevent such a problem, I thought of writing some code to prevent the user from exiting Access till they have completed all 7 forms.

I would appreciate if anyone can advise if this can be done and how to do it.

Thanks!

A:Access 2003: How to prevent user from exiting Access without completing action

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2003-how-to-prevent-user-from-exiting-access-without-completing-action.734031/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a user with a DA-connected laptop. Now, I want to disable all access on the computer for this user, I can do so by just disabling the computer and user account in AD, however since the user is already logged on to the computer they will still have
access to all cached e-mails and offline-enabled files. So how do I force a logoff/shutdown of the DA client? I cant use any management programs or cmd -> shutdown since these won't traverse through the DA tunnel.
So, what's the solution here?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4626c54c-c2b3-45b8-b010-6f496750d7b8/need-to-disconnect-and-disable-access-for-a-user-connected-through-direct-access?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.15%

We have a small office and already have a firewall in place that uses content filtering. I am looking for a low cost wireless access point that I can place behind my firewall that will allow me to control access by a username and password list, not just the passkey.

Does this exist without having to go to an Aruba or Ruckus type enterprise WIFI product?

A:WIFI Access Points with User Access Control

Yes.

What's your budget?

Are you aware of the IAPs from Aruba? Provides most of the functionality of their full blown controller based systems at a smaller cost. I have an Aruba IAP 105 running at my vacation home right now.

The feature you're looking for is 802.1X authentication. I haven't implemented this yet on my Aruba gear but have done it with a Netgear WG102 AP. You'll need a RADIUS and LDAP/AD server to implement this. And depending on how you implement the system, you'll need a certificate authority.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-access-points-with-user-access-control.1078532/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello: I have windows xp on my dell pc and it only has limited access on the only user account on windows xp..and I would like to know how do i change it to administrator when i have no access. This is my only user account. Help me find the best solution..

A:limited access on windows xp no administrator access user

You will have to boot to safe mode and log into the Administrator account to change the limited user account to one with Administrator privileges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-on-windows-xp-no-administrator-access-user.1111512/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi guys,

i am connected to an AP from my ISP with wireless configuration over the AP.

i used a D-link switch to extend the access across the office. remember, that only a user can login at a time.

my system pick ips (DHCP ) through the D-link switch from the AP.

my IP through dhcp 10.10.1.147 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.10.1.1

manually config:
IP 192.168.1.8
gateway: 192.168.1.1

my AP IP 192.168.1.20

how can i have two systems browsing at a time.

A:can one user access be split into two at user's end?

It doesn't sound like you've got a router set up. That's what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-one-user-access-be-split-into-two-at-users-end.868801/
Relevancy 43%

I have an external HD Maxtor GB that I use as my main data storage volume because I files set external stored access HD, access on with security Cannot have had multiple hd crashes on my laptop Dell Inspiron - see profile for details After the first hd crash I added access security to certain folders on the external drive limiting access to only my user for the new HD in case some else plugged into my external roommate not trusted After adding the folder access security the second hd crashed After I installed the new HD and reinstalled the OS and other software I lost access to these files I can see them but Cannot access files stored on external HD, with access security set I cannot play them or move them to a different location These are mostly video and audio files with a few other exceptions I have found many articles relative to taking ownership of the folders and files and have done so several attempts From safe mode as admin from safe mode as user from regular user non-safe mode I run xp pro and have admin rights as my standard user The error message I get from Win media plyr is C D D From quick time it s - I O erro occured From Dell PowerDVD player Error code Access is denied I am sure that Cannot access files stored on external HD, with access security set this problem is cause by a hangover from having set these security access restriction from an account on an old drive with an old different install of my OS The user account is different plus I may have inadvertantly update the xp pro OS to a level beyond where it was when I activated the access restriction One other note - the old harddrive is still Cannot access files stored on external HD, with access security set useable I have can access files and data when plugged in via usb ide sata adapter The boot sector got hosed and I got tired of trying to fix it Does anyone know of a way to regain access to these files HELP I m at wit s end been trying for months nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp Date: Keywords: Level: User: AM 6:00:17 Category: 1/16/2016 SYSTEM Name: None Error Computer: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP ID: Log Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Event Task 411 DESK nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp DESKTOP- C QOQ Description Device IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp c a amp amp had a problem starting Driver Name cdrom inf Class Guid d e -e - ce-bfc - be Service cdrom Lower Filters nbsp Upper Filters nbsp Problem x Problem Status xC Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt DESKTOP- C QOQ lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DeviceInstanceId quot gt IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp amp c a amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt cdrom inf lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ClassGuid quot gt D E -E - CE-BFC - BE lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ServiceName quot gt cdrom lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot LowerFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot UpperFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Problem quot gt x lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Status quot gt xc lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac564a06-5cb4-4869-b92b-df7d5087297e/log-name-microsoftwindowskernelpnpconfiguration-source?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 43%

hi guys,

whats the easiest way to keep a database of system problems
and how they were solved so i can review particular problems without chasing my tail

is there a written application im not aware of?
or would i have to create my own DB from scratch?

MYSQL? ACCESS?

any thoughts please...

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello First of all I'm translating messages I'm getting from a Windows French PC so it Access Can't access User Control might not be exactly accurate After Can't access User Access Control a spontaneous reboot of my PC while I was absent I guess it was an update the UAC ask if I authorize programs to bring modifications At that point it's not a problem it comes back after each update Only this time when i try to access the UAC to modify when notifications appears I get a white page that stays a few seconds then disappears I looked on my part how to resolve the issue and apparently using the sfc scannow command as administrator would resolve it Only for me when the verification is over i get an error message quot windows resource protection found corrupted files and could not start the repair quot I went to search again and I according to existing threads I should launch the command DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Scanhealth then DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth Except I receive Error quot Scanhealth option is not recognised in this context quot And the same thing for the restorehealth option So I'm finally done and don't know what to do I imagined those problems are connected but I can't figure out how Sorry for the long text and thanks for you help Windows x Malwarebytes anti-Malware scan clear

A:Can't access User Access Control

Do you have KB3022345 installed? If you can't find KB3022345, it may be because it was replaced by KB3068708. This should fix the corruption issue with this particular update but for some it doesn't.

You can try the fix here The Tech Cookbook – Windows 7 update (KB3022345) causing corrupt files

Then run a new sfc /scannow and report back if you still have corruption

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372823-cant-access-user-access-control.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I want to make myself the object owner for my pc and I cannot, I did a security setting when the pc was new but I have just forgot how I did it and currently cannot install programs. please guide.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/SECURITY-ACCESS-ERROR-ACCESS-DENIED/td-p/5773255
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All I've got an interesting situation that I'm hoping can be resolved I built a server using FreeNAS to store family pictures videos music and Windows backups Import Denied" Access "Access User Though to Has NAS Error Pictures In my home we have Windows Home Premium bit and Windows Professional bit The server is setup with Windows CIFS Shares One share for each of the two computers and then a common share for multimedia Import Pictures to NAS "Access Denied" Error Though User Has Access The user accounts on the NAS belong to the common group quot family quot The Multimedia share has ownership user group of root family The permissions on the directories in the Multimedia share are read write execute for owner read write execute for group and read execute for everyone else or in the nix world Sorry for the long setup explanation Anyway on my computer Professional and my wife's computer Home Premium I see the shares in Windows Explorer Network I am able to access the shares and the first time I accessed I was prompted to enter user credentials which I did along with checking the box to have the credentials remembered So now when I access the shares in Windows Explorer I have immediate access I can read write delete whatever through Windows Explorer On my computer I was able to easily transfer my iTunes library to the Multimedia share through the iTunes application and iTunes now sees all of my iTunes media from the NAS rather than local On my wife's computer I am having a problem with pictures I was able to easily move all of the GB of pictures from my wife's My Pictures directory over to a Pictures directory on the Multimedia share I then went into Windows Live Photo Gallery and added the Pictures directory on the Multimedia share as part of the library The pictures on the NAS show up just fine in the application I then went to set the Multimedia share Pictures directory as the Default Save Location and I received an error that stated that the directory could not be set as the Default Save Location as it was Read Only However I had just transferred files to that directory So I copied over some other files just to make sure and I had no problems reading writing deleting from the directory via Windows Explorer If I set the Pictures directory on the Multimedia share as the target for importing pictures from the camera I get an Access Denied error when trying to import However I can import the pictures to the local My Pictures directory and right after the import I can use Windows Explorer to move the pictures over to the NAS without so much as a hiccup I have done some searching on the Internet but thus far I have not found anything that resolves this issue I have tried using the Windows Library Tool application to add the Pictures directory on the Multimedia share to the Windows Pictures Library and to set that as the Default Save Location This does set those values and I can see all of the pictures on the NAS in the Windows Explorer Pictures Library Also Windows Live Photo Gallery now has the NAS share as the Default Save Location However I still get the quot Access Denied quot Error when trying to import pictures to that location I have also tried setting the permissions on the NAS Pictures directory to or read write execute for everyone but that didn't help Does Windows utilize some other account that may not have access to the stored NAS credentials for accomplishing some aspect of the picture import process I have used Task Manager to view the running applications with Windows Live Photo Gallery and the Camera Import application running and I see my wife's user account listed for those processes I'm sorry for the long post but I wanted any reader to understand the setup and what steps I have taken thus far I would appreciate any insight

A:Import Pictures to NAS "Access Denied" Error Though User Has Access

So have you tried setting the permissions using the Security tab rather than the Sharing tab? Often times you need to set the permissions on both of those tabs in order to have complete access. The link below shows you how.

HDD sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249494-import-pictures-nas-access-denied-error-though-user-has-access.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I hope this is the user security correct forum for this question i have a computer for general use in the house If anyone wants to use the pc we have to be there to sign into the computer and give them access We it set user security so user security that the screensaver will activate after minutes of inactivity amp requires my husband or i to user security unlock it with our password This allows us to track when oru kids are using the computer Our teenager has been trying to backdoor the computer so that he will have access whenever he wants A few weeks ago i noticed he was turning off the monitor but not the cpu I then realized that the screensaver was no longer coming on after inactivity It took a bit but i figured out that he had gone into the registry and changed one of the display settings to prevent the computer from locking after inactivity I changed the setting back and removed the RUN option from the menu Now I see today that he has again managed to backdoor it and deactivate the screensaver One thing i noticed is that the USER MANAGEMENT icon was being displayed as a recently accessed application So from what I can gather is that he found someway to disable the screensaver via the User Management app in Windows XP I know enough about the computer but he seems to be one- upping me on this one First off i need to find out how he s disabled the screensaver Then i want to setup a user for him that will allow prevent him from having any admin capabilities If i give him a login in the EVERYONE group i find that he can t save files for school work I want him to be able to acces the internet download files and save documents Thats it But first i need to reinstate the screensaver Can anyone help Actually if i can make it so that his user ID is only active between am and midnight that would be good to Would appreciate any tips anyone can give nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I'm far from an expert, but what I'm trying to accomplish is I need to have one User Account that has Administrative rights to access all aspects of the computer (W 8.1 Pro) EXCEPT for two folders. My plan was to create a new Administrative user which I did, and then go to the Properties window of the folder I want to exclude, choose Securites, choose the User I want to exclude and then choose Deny for all permissions for that folder. I thought it would be simple, but unfortunately, this new User Account does not appear under Group Or User Names in the Security Window and I don't understand why. I'm sure it is a simple explanation, but I do not want to aimlessly muck around and screw the whole computer up. I just want to exclude two folders in this manner, and hope someone more knowledgeable can describe how to accomplish this.

A:New User Does Not Appear In Security Tab

Hello slick, and welcome to Eight Forums.

It would basically be a waste of time to do this since that account has administrator rights. The user could just as easily change the access rights.

The only way to prevent them from access it to make them a standard user, then deny them read/write access.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62843-new-user-does-not-appear-security-tab.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi to All!

I need to remove security from a DB. I have a DB with approx 20 users with various security levels. I want to remove the security and allow normal access without a login request popping up and the "You do not have the necessary permissions to use..." prompt popping up. In a nutshell, I want it back to it's original state prior to setting up the security.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access03-user-security.656822/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have problem with a user on a network of computers. He manages to avoid some of the equipment FortiGate settings and certain restrictions. Since it uses different methods, although the user has only user rights, I would like to implement a secondary measure blocking the user with some restrictions I have a FortiGate machine which provides internet within the network computers and I want to introduce a system (Windows / Linux with some software restriction) between the firewall and the user by restricting certain things (Facebookm yahoo, cloud) restrictions for this user. Any suggestion is welcome....

A:Security problem with user

MIght be off topic.  If your network is in a business environment, and the user is surfing the net while he should be working, the powers that be in the organization may want to implement the ultimate filter and terminate his employment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616101/security-problem-with-user/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am travelling all time around the world and it is very annoying every few times a restart the microsoft outlook from my mac I have to set up the passwords again. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/565ac57d-7897-426c-95b8-a1d499dc04e4/security-is-not-giving-all-job-to-the-user?forum=emet
Relevancy 41.28%

how do you change your indevidual user security so when you download something, the other users dont get it?

A:change user security?

Hi annax4493, and welcome to The Vista Forums

You will need to set permissions to your downloads folder(s)

have a read of the tutorial here ...

Folder Permissions

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/197090-change-user-security.html
Relevancy 41.28%

This has most likely been covered before but I am wondering about admin accounts vs non admin accounts.
I understand that if you have a network you most likely would want to have an admin and a group of users.
But what if you have a single computer with only one user?
Is there any advantage or necessity to have an admin account and a user account ?
Is an admin account necessarily more secure to the outside world? as in protection from hackers, malware, viruses, etc.

A:Single User Security

With a single pc you should create a standard user account and use it for everything. Only use the admin account when necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/206141-single-user-security.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all!

The end user is well aware of the need for Anti-Virus/Firewall, which is a basic "must-have" security setup on every computer. But how can the end user understand the need for more security than "just" AV/FW? – like Anti-Malware, browser security add-ons which help prevent advertisements and block malicious websites and All in One additional security tools like HitmanPro.Alert?

Please discuss!

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
midimusicman79

A:How can the end user understand the need for more security than "just" AV/FW?

Hi midimusicman79,Actually a lot of people use adblockers, because the ads are annoying if anything.Knowledge about antimalware has been pretty widespread recently, if you see the success of Malwarebytes.Security tools like HitmanPro.Alert are just an additional safeguard in case things go wrong. I don't use them because I don't need to.And you forgot one of the most important aspects of safe computing practices - backup. Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583825/how-can-the-end-user-understand-the-need-for-more-security-than-just-avfw/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am new in the realm of security privileges in regards to client and user access. I'm running 7 64 pro an was curious to know if someone knew of some tutorials in how to restrict program installation, deny access to the control panel and any good security settings for my employees that would prevent any accidental damage, denial of editing, and any other suggestions.

A:Client / user security

that is all group policy stuff you are talking about there.
There is an enormous amount of info here on the subject it's just broken up into various tutorials.
Here is the 'step 1' tutorial
Local Group Policy Editor - Open

and here is a list of pretty much all registered tutorials here.
Windows 7 - Tutorial Index
(may take a sec to load, it's a huge index)

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/213917-client-user-security.html