Windows Support Forum

BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

Q: BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 84.28%

I recently swiched from my 7900GS to a 8800GT. I uninstalled my old drivers after swiching cards, and installed the lastest forceware from nvidias site. I started to get my "display driver stopped responding, windows has recovered" with something about nvlddmkm.dll in the error.
The error comes up while playing any 3d games, occuring in World of Warcraft the most. I will get a blue screen some times from it, or chain errors resulting in me having to reboot.

I tried a few diffrent drivers with no help. I reformatted last night, hoping that would fix the error, installed the lastest forceware, and no luck.

I would love any help at all...

I'm running vista 64 bit, Q6600 @ 3 ghz, 3 gigs DDR2 800, P35 DS3L mobo.

Also, if this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to move it or tell me to post else where.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I've got a Laptop a 'old' one with the following specs CPU Intel Core Duo CPU T Motherboard Packard Bell BV PB G Graphics card nVidia GeForce M GT Driver OS Windows Ultimate -Bit Total Memory GB Now I've got a couple of problems First of all I occasionally will get a with video (BSOD & card -> nvlddmkm Multiple Resolution prob) problems BSOD with nvlddmkm error Then when I restart I get a double screen with x x It's getting quite annoying Device Manager - gt Display adapters Reporting an error when this happens Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code I tried a couple of things - Clean installing nVidia driver including the driver sweeper - CCleaner registry Multiple problems with video card (BSOD -> nvlddmkm & Resolution prob) fixing - Uninstalling and reinstalling video card Multiple problems with video card (BSOD -> nvlddmkm & Resolution prob) drivers Also the crashes seem to occur randomly not while playing game s or by doing a certain action Sometimes I seem to fix it then everything works fine for like days and then it does it again Sometimes it will even boot with the double screen If you need any more info Please tell me

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394267-multiple-problems-video-card-bsod-nvlddmkm-resolution-prob.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there, my problem started a few weeks ago but i waited until i had saved some cash to post here in case the consensus is that i need a new graphics card. I think it started around the 3rd of September roughly.

I have tried for hours to fix this problem myself including doing complete fresh installation of the Nvidia drivers however anytime i try to start up with drivers installed i get the error from the thread title.

I am however able to start the computer and run it in normal instead of safe mode when i am using the default built in graphics.

Attached is my crash report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381887-bsod-startup-nvlddmkm-sys-error-new-graphics-card-needed.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everybody I'm sorry if I am breaking any rules or posting this in the wrong place this is my first post My computer BSOD's whenever I play video games LOL WOW etc after about minutes of game play I have tried re-installing my drivers but that's all I know how to do I have no tech knowledge whatsoever Here is my crash dump analysis On Wed AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm Playing VIDEO_TDR_ERROR, Video nvlddmkm.sys Games, Error: BSOD 0x116 sys nvlddmkm x C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA F xFFFFF C BD C xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It BSOD Playing Video Games, Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR, nvlddmkm.sys 0x116 is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR And this is all the system information I THINK you all will need System Driver Properties - Imgur Sorry for my limited knowledge and ignorance but please tell me if you know of any solutions I could try or if you need any additional information Thank you

A:BSOD Playing Video Games, Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR, nvlddmkm.sys 0x116

Hi,

Instructions for posting:

Quote:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279291-bsod-playing-video-games-error-video_tdr_error-nvlddmkm-sys-0x116.html
Relevancy 70.52%

A while ago I purchased a graphics card so I could connect my PC to my TV. I figured it was the next step since the model numbers are consecutive(6150,6200)but this card is also overclocked. Works OK but it crashes my display(the notorious NVLDDMKM driver). I have tried just about every driver I could find but it keeps happening. Is it because of the overclock? Can I fix it to not be overclocked? Your thoughts??

My Specs are posted and updated...

A:new video card keeps crashing my display(nvlddmkm)

You should see if your card is possibly overheating. Download EVGA's precision or MSI's afterburner utility and see what the temperature of your card is.

I once had a BFG 8400 GT (they discontinued their graphics line of products and only sell power supplies now) and the fan made a grinding noise because one of the fan's mounting support on the card broke (plastic) and it was grinding against the card and made it overheat due to no airflow.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/283708-new-video-card-keeps-crashing-my-display-nvlddmkm.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I m having a very hard time solving a problem on my girlfriend s computer Her old video card Radeon HD broke the fan wouldn t spin anymore which would obviously cause shutdowns So I went to the pc store and asked for a similar card and they card blue screens nvlddmkm.sys video new related after installing gave me a GeForce GT I installed this card as nvlddmkm.sys related blue screens after installing new video card instructed first uninstall old card and remove drivers then replace card and install new drivers but ever since the nvlddmkm.sys related blue screens after installing new video card pc is causing problems It bootsfine and will sometimes allow me to do stuff for a couple of minutes but after a while it always goes to eiter blue screen or a message that the driver stopped working but has recovered which eventually leads to a blue screen after all Both events are proceeded by freezing mouse won t move anymore moves slowly often there is only audio but the screen is frozen First I thought it was the ram but I ve already run an extensive memory check without any error reports Ive also done a driver reinstall first using driver sweeper to remove everything I ve also checked google for answers of course but it seems like this problem is very context dependant and hard to solve I ve attached the most recent dump files to this post The oldest one is from a crash the day before I installed the new card I installed it yesterday This might have been an awful coincidence but I include it just to be sure OS Windows bit Your help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a Lenovo Z laptop that I got in November Since the very beginning it has given me BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm sys errors on Civ playing in DirectX mode It would run fine in DirectX Okay tdr_failure video BSOD nvlddmkm.sys no big deal I just played using But I downloaded another game on Steam and the BSOD happened hour into it Sometimes it's within minutes sometimes it'll be or hours but it will always eventually happen On Civ it happens almost immediately This also happens on certain Photoshop and After Effects filters as well It seems to be a common problem with this laptop I have a dedicated NVidia GeForce M card as well as the Integrated BSOD video tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys one I have been on the phone with Lenovo and they tried to tell me it was NVidia's fault Did chat support with NVidia and they were SUPER awesome and ran through so many tests with me before saying it was probably Lenovo Lenovo replaced my motherboard and it still is happening Lenovo wants to replace my graphics card but honestly I want to rule out the idea of it being a software issue I use my computer for work as well as fun and I can't keep sending my laptop to Texas to see if maybe this would fix it I have attached my logs to this post Thank you so much for any help

A:BSOD video tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys

I'm just curious here - why is Secure Boot turned off? Don't change it now (it may make the system unbootable), but keep it in mind for when (and if) you reinstall Windows.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disk-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

There looks to be hundreds of STOP 0x142 (video) errors in the WER section of MSINFO32.

You have FurMark installed. Please describe what happened when you ran it last. Did the system overheat, did it crash, did it display video arifacting, were there any other issues?

Please follow these troubleshooting suggestions: Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums
Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

The last 7 memory dumps were STOP 0x116 - see the above notes for suggestions.
Also, please try these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
Feel free to skip the Furmark tests as long as you've had a good test result from it in the past..

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 13:12:17 2007 (45D5F401)
Wacom(tablet) Mouse Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wacommousefilter.sys

wacomvhid.sys Mon Sep 21 19:29:14 2009 (4AB80C4A)
Wacom Virtual HID Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wacomvhid.sys

Finally, I have a hunch about the NvStreamKms.sys driver. Please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

From a previous post of mine (located here: BSOD at startup and lid closed DPC Watchdog ):

..... NvStreamKms.sys - an nVidia driver that belongs to the nVidia Streaming Kernel service.
Check this post out for a possible fix: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ezing-your-pc/
Or, you may want to uninstall the nVidia drivers and then install a fresh copy without the Streaming Kernel Service (I'm not familiar with nVidia drivers, so I don't even know if this is possible).

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sat May 17 05:25:08.800 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\051714-40984-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17041.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140305-1710
System Uptime:0 days 1:05:28.592
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9cc850 )
BugCheck 116, {ffffe000e2d92010, fffff801e1423850, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe000e2d92010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff801e1423850, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46629-bsod-video-tdr_failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

Every time i try to play Skyrim i get a BSOD stating video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys. As well as this error i have also seen the Video managment error and the dxgknrl one as well but lately at the start of the game its always the tdr failure. In addition sometimes when i boot up my laptop it wont even recognize that i have a Geforce 870m graphics card in my computer but after a couple restarts it will randomly recognize it. I have attached the file that the tutorial video said i needed to do. I apologize in advance if there are some things i dont understand as i am a novice computer person with zero training.

A:BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys

Do you know if you use both your graphics cards?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39460-bsod-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been having this bsod for awhile now. tried most the things i've come across in other forums and what not i believe it only happens when playing a game with my dedicated card.
i formatted my HD and reinstalled windows to see if it would stop and it didn't.
hoping someone can help me solve this. thanks

A:BSOD (video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys)

Without taking a look I'd say its the driver of your nVidia graphics card, but I'll take a look to be sure.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68207-bsod-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I noticed a couple threads dealing with this but it seems that starting your own thread is always a suggestion around here I believe I recently downloaded a driver update for my GT I assume that I had not restarted the computer since the update but I woke up one morning to the system restarting itself and multiple BSOD because of nvlddmkm sys I ve tried Booting into all modes other than Safe Mode Uninstall the driver Rolling back the driver Disabling in MSCONFIG Disabling the service Manually installing BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia card drivers Copy a new copy of the file Run SFC I have not removed RAM or anything and I really can t run out and get a cheap video card Nvidia card nvlddmkm.sys BSOD right now I also haven t run any kinda of diagnostic specific to Nvidia card to check or overheating or any other problem with the card but thus far no one anywhere seems to have a solution of this issue Right now I can only get into Windows in Safe Mode or with card disabled in Device Manager This is what I got from Blue Screen View Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa e Parameter fffff c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa a e Parameter fffff c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Nvidia card nvlddmkm.sys BSOD Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa a Parameter fffff c c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa e Parameter fffff f e Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa a a e Parameter fffff a e Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa Parameter fffff a e Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa a f Parameter fffff c c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Ful... Read more

A:Nvidia card nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

Have you tried cleaning out the computer, most often then not BSOD's relating to video card related drivers can be caused by over heating of the video card itself or another component.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427871/nvidia-card-nvlddmkmsys-bsod/
Relevancy 67.51%

There s a similar thread already on here by someone else without reply but i ll try again Last week started getting problems especially when playing media Gradually things got worse black screens BSOD s until nvlddmkm.sys Graphics - card - BSOD New pixelation problems started and eventually i lost graphics Took card GeForce GS to friends who tried on his machine and still bad pixelation so concluded card was bad Today bought new card GS Windows auto installed new drivers and prompted me to restart Upon restart i got a BSOD - New Graphics card - nvlddmkm.sys BSOD when i should have got a login window Stop x an error code nvlddmkm sys I can boot in safe mode OK and i can also disable the driver from safe mode then restart windows normally and all is fine apart from obv low end graphics So i then installed a driver from nvidia website and tried again same problem BSOD Same error So i tried the driver on the disc that came with same problem I took new card to friends and it works fine on his machine I m running out of ideas Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:BSOD - New Graphics card - nvlddmkm.sys

Update:
Update:
Had a play with my ram. Took out 1 stick and rebooted PC..... worked fine, no BSOD
Swapped sticks and rebooted and again, no BSOD
So.... seems it's working only with 1 stick of ram and BSODing with 2.
Any ideas what this points to? Is it PSU? The PSU def seems quieter with only 1 stick.
Current PSU details:
(+3.3V & +5V = 115W max) Total output continuous shall not exceed 250 watts
This is gonna be a spare PC for d-loading music/movies and maybe playing media on TV at some stage. No gaming.

If it is a PSU problem????? could i get a different, less sapping graphics card rather than replacing PSU?

Cheers 4 advice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-new-graphics-card-nvlddmkm-sys.981367/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, since upgrading I'm having pretty regular BSOD Crashes where the following error message appears;

VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)
It appears to happen at completly random times, could be watching a youtube video, opening a reddit page or just playing a song on itunes. I've updated to the most recent Nvidia drivers but to no avail. I also tried to follow the following instructions from this youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOKlh9fC9g [1] ), however its still happening.
If anyone could help me that would be amazing as my computer is currently pretty much unusable! Specs are below, thanks in advanced!
Intel? Core? 2 Quad-Core Processor Q9550 (2.83Ghz, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB cache)

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]

Hard Drive 1TB NCQ SATA (2x500GB) 7200Rpm Dual HDD Config Raid 0 Stripe

Single 1GB DDR3 nVidia? GeForce? GTX285 graphics card

PCI Card Ageia PhysX 128MB

Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio

A:Continuous BSOD // VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Exactly the same BSOD here with nVidia GTX 850M and Windows 10 Pro.

On Windows 8.1 I had that problem, but rarely, but since I upgraded to Windows 10, it's catastrophically, my computer BSOD randomly, mostly in short time after restart - I cannot lunch Photoshop either, it causes immediate crash/freeze.
And yes, I use Photoshop for job, and I cannot use it at all!

Before BSOD - I can see error notification that nVidia driver has crashed but has been recovered successfully, but then same message appears once again and my laptop crashes to BSOD.

As temporary relief I found that re-installation of nVidia drivers helps, but it lasts as long as I don't hibernate/restart/shutdown my computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/12960-continuous-bsod-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an Alienware R3 a few months ago and has been working fine until now. Recently i've been getting TDR failures a few times a day or one every other week. Doesn't matter what i'm doing it happens randomly. I have my video drivers up to date and have no idea what else i'm able to do. Any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19986375
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello People

So i'm having a problem , while i play league of legends sometimes, appears a bsod saying, video_tdr_failure (nvlddmkm.sys), months ago i solved it ( i dont know how ) , and yesterday i formated my laptop and this appears again. I play crossfire too and i play it fine

Thinks I already Tried.

- Install the drivers ( Is not the drivers )
- Format Again
ps: SF diagnostic file is in attachment
ps2: Sorry for my bad english.

A:BSOD -video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys Windows 8

Is there any reason that you have not updated to Win8.1 yet? I ask to see if you are having problems with it.

Only 45 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

This device is disabled in Device Manager. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Bluetooth USB Module USB\VID_0489&PID_E04E\6&2DD24A3D&0&1 This device is disabled.

Please:
- download a fresh set of the latest, Win8 compatible drivers for this device
- enable the device
- install the drivers
If you'd like, feel free to disable it again.

Lot's of Live Kernel Events in the WER section of MSINFO32
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Overheating can cause the Live Kernel Events (among other things)
Also, please ensure that you place the laptop on a hard surface when using it - and, if possible, use a cooling pad when playing games. Get a can of canned air and use it to blow out all the vents on the laptop (DO NOT use an air compressor or a vacuum as they can damage the system).

As you are aware, this is a video error. Here are some steps to follow to troubleshoot this particular error: Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

k57nd60a.sys Wed Oct 19 16:17:36 2011 (4E9F3060)
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=k57nd60a.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Apr 9 18:11:46.257 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\040914-22562-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16461.amd64fre.win8_gdr.121119-1606
System Uptime:0 days 1:40:11.968
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9bbe2c )
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8006e80010, fffff8801a02be2c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006e80010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8801a02be2c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2594
BIOS Version V2.21
BIOS Release Date 12/16/2013
Manufacturer Acer
Product Name Aspire E1-571G
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44174-bsod-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello
I have an Alienware 17 R3, nvidia 980m 8GB, Windows 10 64 bit
After the Windows 10 Update today I had several BSODS - Video TDR nvlddmkm.sys. This was the version installed from your homepage (10.18.13.5940) which causes the crashes. After several BSODs I was able to go back to the old version of the driver (10.18.13.5442) - now it works.
But is there an actual version existing which don't causes BSODs with the actual Windows 10 Update??
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985546
Relevancy 66.65%

Was video editing on adobe premiere pro, and listening to some music on youtube, and just got a sudden BSOD, saying:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Code:"3B"
"nvlddmkm.sys"

My pc specs:
Win 7 Home premium. 64bit.
CPU: Intel i7-3770 3.40ghz (I don't overclock and never have)
RAM: 16gb RAM
MB: ASrock H77 Pro4-m
GPU: Nvidia galaxy geforce GTX 660 2gb
PSU: Cooler power gx750

I attached the dmlog collector file.

Not long after this I got another bsod with the same error code, while also listening to music on itunes :/

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey all So before I begin here are the stats of my laptop -Asus G JX -Windows - x -Nvidia Geforce GTS M -OEM - years old -Have never reformatted or reinstalled OS So i've had this gaming laptop for around years old and it's been blue screening since as long as i can remember I should have taken the laptop back but at that time i was not very knowledgeable about computers still aren't and didn't know how bad BSOD's were As far as the BSOD's go it actually doesn't occur too frequently maybe like once every month or so But playing caused games, while by BSOD video nvlddmkm.sys it has happened on a consistent basis ever BSOD while playing video games, caused by nvlddmkm.sys since as long as i can remember of the time the BSOD's occur while playing games I just updated the BIOS to the newest version about a week ago but just got a BSOD while playing Battlefield I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a driver relating to my graphics card but i'm no expert If you BSOD while playing video games, caused by nvlddmkm.sys guys can help me out it would be greatly appreciated Please keep in mind that i'm still a novice when it comes to this computer stuff Thanks

A:BSOD while playing video games, caused by nvlddmkm.sys

Hello hungry and welcome!

Analyses
The BSoD you had caused your Graphic Driver. Follow the steps below to make a secure remove of your driver.

Steps

i) Find your driver here, save it to your desktop
ii) Download Driver sweeper, for the leftover files
iii) Uninstall your driver from the Control Panel
iv) While rebooting, go into safe-mode without internet (tip: plugout your LAN cable or disconnect wireless)
v) Run Driver Sweeper, click all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them all
vii) Head into Windows, without internet
viii) Install the Driver from the desktop

Update DirectX

Download

Temperature
Check your temperatures on your Graphic Card with software like Speccy.

The Graphic Driver is of course the main cause, but you need to do the other things sometime anyway.

Update these drivers

Code:
- ASMMAP64.sys
- sncduvc.SYS

Quote:
How to Find Drivers
search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone - will help you search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- - if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Fred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199014-bsod-while-playing-video-games-caused-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Yesterday I was playing Supreme Commander Forged Alliance when in the middle of a game I laptop? nvlddmkm.sys, BSOD for card - replace graphics had to quickly check my emails and when I remaximised the game window my entire laptop froze and I had to do a hard reboot When I rebooted as soon as I got to the desktop I got a BSOD because one of the drivers for my nvidia GeForce M GS nvlddmkm sys stopped working After BSOD - nvlddmkm.sys, replace graphics card for laptop? the second reboot I managed to load my desktop fine but every time I went on a D game I would get the same blue screen Today the computer won't even load the desktop it automatically goes into Startup Repair After searching on the Internet I find that thousands of other people have the same problem for years and nobody has found a proper fix so I will not be surprised if it can't be fixed I was wondering if I am unable to fix this problem which I expect is the case would if be possible to replace the graphics card on my laptop I have heard that in some laptops this is not possible and if so would I be able to get a refund for a faulty graphics card I'm using an Advent with NVIDIA GeForce M GS vista home premium bit Bought the laptop from PC World months ago Help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

A:BSOD - nvlddmkm.sys, replace graphics card for laptop?

Hello a9gould,
If you have only had the laptop for that short period of time, take it back to PC World and let them sort it, after all, it is still under guarantee.
This fault is a real killer to fix, so let them have the headache.
Keep us posted and good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/239240-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-replace-graphics-card-laptop.html
Relevancy 66.22%

We put a new graphics card in a kids computer and it is bluescreening with some dxgmms1.sys and nvlddmkm.sys driver issues I found with bluescreen view. Problem is, it is also showing ntoskrnl.exe problems and the best part (or worst) is that the computer was brought to us with bluescreen problems in the first place. The kid pushed for a new graphics card and now wants new system fans. In the long run, he may get fixed and super upgraded. Right now, I am thinking graphics driver with regards to this latest issue, but that wouldn't necessarily (or with probability) explain the earlier bugs not showing up in bluescreen view currently. Much thanks.

A:new gr. card, dxgmms1.sys and nvlddmkm.sys BSOD 0x124 and 0x7e

That would be a great idea if this was the computer having trouble. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313370-new-gr-card-dxgmms1-sys-nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-0x124-0x7e.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I keep getting the wonderful "video TDR failure nvlddmkm.sys error while using my PC with Windows 10 Home edition. No matter what I'm doing or even if the PC is idle and neglected, the error message pops up right after the black screen and then the
PC boots. I do have an NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS graphics card. From Google and MSN I understood the problem was with the card drivers. As of today all updates have been loaded. The error continues. I'm willing to buy a different card if that is what it takes. 
My PC is used for business and it has to work or I don't. From other site posts I have been advised to copy a dmp file which I've done. Now I just don't know what to do next to get help.
What is the next step or a solution?
JC in Georgia

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/db92036d-c5f0-4f34-b021-9d834fe88f4a/windows-10-home-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkmsys-error?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone I recently had two BSOD's within a short time period I was surfing the internet on a site that be video card error? could BSOD I frequently go to and had the screen randomly go black and then after about seconds I got a BSOD could be video card error? flashing BSOD with purple stripes running through it which was followed by an automatic restart and video driver problems did not have proper resolution and could not change resolution to proper resolution was not in safe mode though After restarting again the computer worked fine resolution and everything however I had the exact set of events that I previously described happen once more when I started my browser After my second manual restart I had no problems The error I got the second time was Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP EE A BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Leo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I've attached my minidump folder so if anyone could check it out and let me know if they have any idea's as to the origin of the issue that would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance P S I'm running a Dell XPS M and am out of warranty in a couple months so if it is a hardware issue I suppose I should get it dealt with asap Previously about a year ago I had the MOBO video card replaced through warranty due to issues with them and the fan on my computer

A:BSOD could be video card error?

Quote: Originally Posted by LeoM

Hi everyone,

I recently had two BSOD's within a short time period. I was surfing the internet on a site that I frequently go to and had the screen randomly go black and then after about 30 seconds I got a flashing BSOD with purple stripes running through it which was followed by an automatic restart and video driver problems (did not have proper resolution and could not change resolution to proper resolution... was not in safe mode though). After restarting again the computer worked fine, resolution and everything, however I had the exact set of events that I previously described happen once more when I started my browser. After my second manual restart I had no problems. The error I got the second time was:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 87134148
BCP2: 8EE2A700
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\040210-25162-01.dmp
C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51246-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
I've attached my minidump folder so if anyone could check it out and let me know if they have any idea's as to the origin of the issue that would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S: I'm running a Dell XPS M1210 and am out of warranty in a couple months so if it is a hardware issue I suppose I should get it dealt with asap. Previously about a year ago I had the MOBO/video card replaced through warranty due to issues with them and the fan on my computer.

The Windows Debugging Tools aren't able to access symbols for your operating system files (in particular NTOSKRNL.EXE / NTKRNLMP.EXE / NTKRNLPA.EXE / NTKRPAMP.EXE) from the Microsoft Symbol Server - so that makes debugging them difficult if not impossible.

Please do the following:
- activate/validate the Windows installation at Genuine Microsoft Software
- run sfc.exe /scannow to replace any problem files
- open a support incident with Microsoft to see if they can fix the missing symbols issue ( Windows 7 Solution Center )
- If that doesn't fix it, then wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows
- don't use "leaked"/torrent builds

best guess on probable cause YOUR VIDEO DRIVER

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (4)\040210-35927-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa.exe
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16481.x86fre.win7_gdr.091207-1941
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a48000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b90810
Debug session time: Fri Apr 2 23:10:49.732 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 23:09:01.839
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75791-bsod-could-video-card-error.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I'm hacing a problem with my computer :( error need Nvlddmkm.sys help! BSOD I'm not sure whats exactly wrong but I keep getting errors when I install the latest drivers for my Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error :( need help! video card There is a txt file of my system I keep getting the BSOD right after OS has booted up and there are Visual Artifacts appearing during the loading screen going to upload a pic of it on the BSOD I get an error of Nvlddmkm sys x x DAC EB x x etc and on the solutions list for vista I got BCCode BCP C D BCP DCC A BCP BCP The things I did so far was try different drivers uninstalling reboot into safemode use drivesweeper reboot install new driver etc with different drivers thinking it might be incompatibility with latest drivers and vista Then I thought it might be a software incompatibility then I reformatted my computer to factory original and downloaded and installed the updated then uninstalling the drivers that windows would auto install and installed latest from nvidia but I still got that BSOD I hope this helps becuase I don't know what else to do and I don't know what these codes translate into so please help hope that was enough info for ya Edit I've also run virus scans and windows defender and they found nothing I've also downloaded directx if thats any use

A:Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error :( need help!

The error code 0x117 = TDR timeout recovery error - the video driver did not respond in a timely manner after a reset (timed out after 30000ms = 30 seconds)

Run a DirectX Graphics Kernel diagnostic report -
START | type dxdiag | if x64, click on "..64-bit.." bottom-center of screen | save as a text file via 'save' button, bottom-center of screen as well

Attach txt file to next post.

Any hardware changes? How old is the system?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-error-need-help-433910.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My system has been very stable but today i started to get bsod while playing the secret world closed beta, its been fine for the last week although my gpu has been running rather hot.
when i first ran tsw it identified i needed to upgrade my gpu driver which i did, and all was fine for a couple of weeks then today if i play for 5 mins it bsod with a nvlddmkm error.
Hope you can help me, i'm addicted to the game and it launches next week

paul

? OS - Windows 7 sp1
? x64
? fresh install
? bought installed
? 2 year
? 6 months

? CPU athlon II X2 245 2.90 Ghz
? nvidia geoforce gt 220
? asus M4N78-AM
? seasonic ss 350atc

? self build
? Exact model number

A:bsod nvlddmkm error

Before we can begin to investigate the underlying cause please update this driver
Asacpi.sys

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:

Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-nvlddmkm-error-651232.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have a ASUS K55V computer notebook and now always show blue screen when I rate Window Experience Index (Code NVLDDMKM.sys) . I've just install window 7 64x Ultimate for 4 days ago . No other program

My system is:
Windows 7 64x Ultimate
ASUS K55V
Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30 GHz
8 GB DDR3 memory
NVidia Geforce 610M video card
Harddisk 750 GB
Computer is about 5 days ago

A:BSOD error by NVLDDMKM.SYS

Have you tried performing a clean install of your Graphics Driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239956-bsod-error-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have a PackardBell I7-860 computer and the last weeks it suddenly goes black (BSOD) and sometimes restart. Or I have to do a hard restart. NO warnings, no special programs used at that moment. After recovering I get a message about the problem with a .dmp file in the minidump directory.
My system is:
Windows 7 64x Ultimate
Packard Bell ixtreme I7584 SP
Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz
6 GB DDR3 memory
NVidia Geforce GT 220 video card
WD Sata Harddisk 1 TB
Computer is about 8 months old

A:BSOD error by NVLDDMKM.SYS

Your video card is possibly defective

The cause is you nvlddmkm.sys driver used by your Nvidia video card
Uninstall the driver
Use Driver Sweeper to remove leftover Nvidia display driver files
Reinstall the current version NVIDIA DRIVERS 280.26 WHQL

Test video card
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html

If still getting crashes test your RAM
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Is anything overclocked?

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ode-116-a.html

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8008fcb300, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88010693f10, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+801f10
fffff880`10693f10 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`096b5b88 fffff880`0431cef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`08fcb300 fffff880`10693f10 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`096b5b90 fffff880`042f0867 : fffff880`10693f10 fffffa80`098ef000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`096b5bd0 fffff880`0431cd07 : 00000000`ffffd87b ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`08fcb300 00000000`00000010 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`096b5c80 fffff880`0fe37ec1 : fffffa80`074ea7f0 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0556d410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`096b5d00 fffff800`037616fa : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07911a50 fffffa80`055099e0 fffff800`034b9447 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`096b5d40 fffff800`0349fb46 : fffff800`0363be80 fffffa80`07911a50 fffff800`03649c40 fffff880`01259534 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`096b5d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+801f10
fffff880`10693f10 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+801f10

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4dd73a68

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/181509-bsod-error-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 64.07%

i've been playing SC2 on Windows Vista just fine for months, and the day I install Windows 7, I start getting this nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error. In the middle of the game, the screen will start flickering black jumping in and out of the game, and that's when i know my system is about to crash...

I've tried removing my video driver and reinstalling the latest and greatest from Nvidia.com, but that hasn't fixed it.

I've updated DirectX, no good.

What am I doing wrong?

A:nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error!! @#$#@$%^

Hello,

Please run: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159992-nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-error.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I just bought my HP monitor w h on 64-bit Win 7 error nvlddmkm.sys BSoD Monday Feb th to go with my new HP desktop HPE- f I received the last week of January I had no problems with drivers or BSoD with when I had my old monitor But since Feb th I've been experiencing random shutdowns and blue screens and flickering on the monitor including it going to sleep I have not downloaded anything malicious to cause these problems and have Norton which came with my PC Eventually I got tired of the problems and set my computer back to factory settings After a less than a few hours I started getting the same thing I Win 7 64-bit BSoD nvlddmkm.sys error managed to copy down the error message on the BSoD STOP x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF B x x nvlddmkm sys Address FFFFF B base at FFFFF AF DateStamp Win 7 64-bit BSoD nvlddmkm.sys error ac d I've noticed my computer crashes mostly whenever I watch video but now its just doing it out of the blue I heard it has something to do with the nVidia graphics card Here are some of my specs Windows OS Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB dedicated Is there anything I can do personally to fix this problem rather than taking it into the shop

A:Win 7 64-bit BSoD nvlddmkm.sys error

Hello, Welcome to SF,

We need Dump file to analysis the issue. Follow the Link
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

My first guess would be its graphic card might wanna look at this article that is refering the Error code.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...eshooting.html

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/63958-win-7-64-bit-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-error.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Ever since i rolled back my Asus Laptop from win 8.1 to win 7, everything runs a lot smoother, however i keep getting plagued with this nvlddmkm error. Itried updating the drivers, i uninstalled my nvidia drivers and re-installed with a clean installation (i used the last two know updated drivers from nvidia for my card (GTX850m) still crashing with BSOD.

Any one wanna have a crack at it?

images of blue screen viewer and dmp file uploaded.

I would really appreciate any help.....

cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380352-nvlddmkm-exe-error-bsod-tried-everything-but-maybe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So I just recently built my computer. Last weekend.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

My specs are:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
MSI 980a motherboard
eVGA Geforce 9800gtx+
A-Data Gaming 4gb of ram
OCZ ModxStream PSU 600W

After building my computer I get flickers in the monitor and suddenly it blacking out and freezing till this error pops up. "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I'm thinking that it could be the video card and OS not being compatible.

Need some help on this issue because it is quite annoying when I'm trying to watch videos and play games. Especially when I'm watching videos T.T...

A:nvlddmkm.sys error with 1 BSOD

Well it is definitely a graphics card issue. More then likely the driver. Make sure you are running the most up to date driver and the correct driver for that card. Perform a clean uninstall and remove all files pertaining to the driver by using a program such as driver sweeper before reinstalling the drivers. On a side note.. make sure you reinstall DirectX.

Code:
dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5cef8 fffff880`10a8a000 fffff880`10b7e000 0x000f4000 0x4ac5509e

dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+ff07 fffff880`10b7e000 fffff880`10bc4000 0x00046000 0x4a5bc578

nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm.sys+112f9c fffff880`0fe1a000 fffff880`10a87c80 0x00c6dc80 0x4c0d6fd7 (The system CPU could not re-interpret what the GPU had said. Normally a driver issue.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97831-nvlddmkm-sys-error-1-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I was playing Mass Effect when the displayed colors went wrong On display were some BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error - articles of random colors when the game freezed I had to restart pc and then the nVidia driver problems started Finally when I managed to run computer without problems except the fact that I couldnt watch HD movs or play games my brother runned GTA IV and the pc freezed again but this time I was able to run my pc only in safe mode to avoid BSOD removable only by hard reset Since then is working only safe mode with vertical red stripes on window or some light background change to light blue across the display which cant be taken by screenshot the monitor is quite new so it should be BSOD - nvlddmkm.sys error ok Vista Ultimate SP x Intel Core Quad Ghz MSI GeForce GTX Mb Gb RAM Motherboard - Intel P Power supply - Fortron Blue Storm II W My system was bought around June windows bought from retailer installed July reinstalled March Another problem - cant generate health report when Im in safe mode and run perfmon report in cmd exe quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report quot Background http img imageshack us img safemode jpg Display amp some GPU info ignored http img imageshack us img es sysi jpg http img imageshack us img iessysinfo jpg

A:BSOD - nvlddmkm.sys error

There are no memory dump files in the uploaded attachment. Please do the following:

Quote:

Upload Dump Files:
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service (not RapidShare as the analysts usually can't download from it) - then post the link to it.
Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html

The MSINFO32 file shows that the BSOD's are caused by the Realtek networking drivers on your system.

Please download a fresh copy of the networking drivers for your system from the Realtek Website ( http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/...&GetDown=false )

Then uninstall the current network drivers and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

FYI - this doesn't address the nVidia error that you've mentioned - but the memory dump files will help us to isolate that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-error-479216.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Leadtek 9800gx2 on win 7x64 and when i'm playing 3D aplications such as games the bsod appears and I got the latest drivers installed. When I finish installing a video driver, the computer doesn't ask for a reboot. It just says installation finished.

10x

i've attached the dump file

A:Win 7 64-bit BSoD nvlddmkm.sys error

Your .dmp blames nvkddkm.sys with a 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR .... Make sure that you completly remove all traces of your video cards driver, then reinstall... Read this thread for more information about your error... [2-Int] STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\060710-28938-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a17000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c54e50
Debug session time: Mon Jun 7 10:53:28.050 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:17.595
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80053484e0, fffff880107e9d30, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+76ad30 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80053484e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880107e9d30, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+76ad30
fffff880`107e9d30 803d81d5530000 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0xca82b8 (fffff880`10d272b8)],0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`05999b88 fffff880`04d13ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`053484e0 fffff880`107e9d30 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`05999b90 fffff880`04ce7867 : fffff880`107e9d30 fffffa80`06a86000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`05999bd0 fffff880`04d13d07 : fffffa80`ffffd87b 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`053484e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`05999c80 fffff880`04de2ec1 : fffffa80`04bf0170 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06a84010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`05999d00 fffff800`02d2ca86 : 00000000`043b2d2e fffffa80`069e8060 fffffa80`03fed890 fffffa80`069e8060 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`05999d40 fffff800`02a65b06 : fffff800`02c01e80 ff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89864-win-7-64-bit-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-error.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I bought used parts Intel Core i - Asus P P D OCZ Gold GB x gb DDR PC - CL Saphire Radeon HD Enermax Liberty Watt PSU ELT AWT For now I use HDMI cable not DVI to connect to a monitor When I first turned on computer first thing I saw were artifacts http oi tinypic com fep vr jpg http oi tinypic com mue s jpg I thought video card is broken so I need to change it but that's not only problem I had I couldn't even install Windows or bit I got memory errors all the time So Video all BSOD = Card Memory one artifacts, error, in I removed RAMs one by one What I noticed with RAMs are - with RAM modules I couldn't install windows I got memory errors With one RAM module computer didn't even start just black screen and no beep sound at begin also computer didn't started when I put two modules in slot and I could start computer and managed to install windows with two modules in slots and I could start windows already installed with all modules And it showed Gb RAM Video Card artifacts, Memory error, BSOD = all in one But time by time I got Memory errors Windows Memory diagnostic tool didn't show any error I installed ATI drivers and artifacts became even worse http oi tinypic com dha o jpg Catalyst stops to work constantly with all four RAMs windows explorer stops working and restarts all the time Sometimes I get blue screen Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffffa c a Parameter ffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File What may cause so many problems at once It seems that one or even two parts are broken most likely broken is are - PSU Motherboard Video Card RAMs

A:Video Card artifacts, Memory error, BSOD = all in one

Welcome aboard.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259486-video-card-artifacts-memory-error-bsod-all-one.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all,

A couple of days ago, I upgraded the hardware on a video editing machine running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I was able to get the computer up and running, with all new hardware recognized. Yesterday, though, I encountered three BSOD's: REFERENCE_by_POINTER; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; and one saying "A device driver attempting..." The last one occurs every time I get to the welcome screen: i am not even able to log in. Please help!

A:BSOD New Hardware (MB, CPU, RAM, Video Card), error 0x000000C4

Disable Driver Verifier.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270669-bsod-new-hardware-mb-cpu-ram-video-card-error-0x000000c4.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

Recently I have been having some problems with crashes. I was able to fix them for awhile by updating my graphics driver, but now they have returned and happened the past 2 days consecutively. I have ran Windows Debug and it is telling me that in the nvlddmkm.sys there is an Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap (7f) and that my kernel symbols are wrong. I am not sure how to go about fixing this and would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks for reading!

Jordan

A:BSOD while in Firefox, nvlddmkm.sys error

Hello Arciah, welcome to 7F. I've taken a look at your dumps and will try to help you resolve the issue.

You have three 0x7F which all blame your nVidia driver, one indicating a double fault. You also have one 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection Recovery) which points to a problem with the GPU itself (driver, power to the card, overheating, a bad GPU among others).
Code:

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002ea4650}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

Code:

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a98c4e0, fffff8800f18fe20, ffffffffc00000b5, a}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+153e20 )

First of all download the latest driver version for your card from here and save it to your desktop. Then could you uninstall the card via Device Manager, power down the PC and unplug it. Remove the GPU from the machine and re-seat it making sure it's seated correctly and the power cables are inserted correctly.

Reboot and install the downloaded driver. Test the system for stability and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373009-bsod-while-firefox-nvlddmkm-sys-error.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there I recently put together a computer myself for the first time and I've been having problems playing any game because I get constant BSOD's I can play league of legends and sometimes itll be fine and won't get one for an hour other times as soon as a match starts I get weird colors on my monitors Oh yeah apart from the Blue screens I also get pink red white and yellow screens on my monitors There is error 0x0000016 nvlddmkm.sys BSOD - no text on BSOD error 0x0000016 - nvlddmkm.sys them just full red or full pink Sometimes it just goes black and my monitors shut off BSOD error 0x0000016 - nvlddmkm.sys Other games like starcraft or star wars the old republic I just instant BSODs with the nvlddmkm sys and the x error My system specs are OS Windows Ultimate x bit CPU Intel Core quad CPU Q GHz GHz Motherboard Asus P G T-M LX PLUS Memory GB of RAM Graphics Card s nVidia GeForce GTX Ti Monitor s Displays HP LA DELL E WFP Hard Drives Hitachi HDS PLA ATA Device - gb WDC WD AAKS- L A ATA Device - gb PSU UL series watt ATX power supply Case CM Storm Enforcer ATX Mid-Tower USB Cooling Cooler Master Hyper plus Any help would be greatly appreciated I myself do not know too much about computers and its very frustrating when you sink some money into something and it ends up being worse then the computer you had before

A:BSOD error 0x0000016 - nvlddmkm.sys

So far I've tried unistallign and reinstalling the nvidia drivers, installing beta versions of them, downgrading some drivers because someone told me that the realtek and nvidia drivers are not compatible. Reinstalling directx and reinstalling windows at least a dozen times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215897-bsod-error-0x0000016-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi!

I'm getting this Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD for past few days. I have attempted to remove NVIDIA driver and reinstall, but it has not helped. I have ran RAM test. There were no errors. I also ran Furmark test (default settings). The temperature reached quite higu85 C) and I aborted the test. I have been having strange issues because of this. It took me several tries and fiddling to repair windows 10 and after running furmark test on a repaired windows 10 I got BSOD again. The laptop would freeze when I remove the battery charging adapter. This is happening lately. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 10 earlier when it was released and didn't have any issue. I wonder whether this is software related, or a hardware is failing?

My Laptop is Thinkpad T530.
Please Help!

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys today I was playing minecraft and the screen just froze I tried alt tab ctrl alt del esc and all the other keys everyone presses when in panic But then I realized that nothing would happen and I shut the pc down nvlddmkm.sys pc BSOD after error, restarting I unpluged the energy source I turned on the pc again and entered the game again but the screen blacked out and I shut it down again Thinking it had nvlddmkm.sys error, pc restarting after BSOD something to do with some bug in my minecraft world I deleted it and started another one but again the screen froze and I was forced to shut it down again At first I thought it was overheat nvlddmkm.sys error, pc restarting after BSOD so I just waited some minutes before turning it on again When I turned it on I opened the internet browser google chrome and started searching for video cards at that time I thought that was the problem but the screen went black again and this time the computer didn't turn on On startup normally the colors are white on black but it was showing some magenta spots and after nvlddmkm.sys error, pc restarting after BSOD a Blue Screen the pc rebooted and started everything again asking if I wanted to start windows normally like it does when you unplug the power source --' showing BSOD and rebooting the blue screen showed this quot a problem has been detected windows was shut down if this is te first time if problems continue blah blah blah Technical information stop x xfffffa xfffff f cd x x nvlddmkm sys - adress fffff f cd base at fffff f d datestamp e so is there a fix to this problem or will I have to buy another windows ' remembering I can't acess m pc and I'm doing this through my ipad please help sorry I can't post any pics thanks bye

A:nvlddmkm.sys error, pc restarting after BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by caramelllllo

Hey guys, today I was playing minecraft, and the screen just froze, I tried alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del, esc, and all the other keys everyone presses when in panic. But then I realized that nothing would happen and
I shut the pc down (I unpluged the energy source).
I turned on the pc again, and entered the game again, but the screen blacked out, and I shut it down again. Thinking it had something to do with some bug in my minecraft world, I deleted it and started another one, but again the screen froze and I was forced to shut it down again.
At first I thought it was overheat, so I just waited some minutes before turning it on again. When I turned it on, I opened the internet browser (google chrome) and started searching for video cards (at that time I thought that was the problem) but the screen went black again, and this time the computer didn't turn on. On startup, normally the colors are white on black, but it was showing some magenta spots. and after a Blue Screen the pc rebooted and started everything again, asking if I wanted to start windows normally (like it does when you unplug the power source --'), showing BSOD and rebooting. the blue screen showed this:

"a problem has been detected ... windows was shut down... if this is te first time... if problems continue, blah,blah,blah,
Technical information

*** stop 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8003391450, 0xfffff8800f443cd8 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002)

*** nvlddmkm.sys - adress fffff8800f443cd8 base at fffff8800f2d3000, datestamp 4e391010

so, is there a fix to this problem or will I have to buy another windows :'(?

remembering I can't acess m pc, and I'm doing this through my ipad. please help, sorry I can't post any pics, thanks bye

Hello there!

See if you can login your PC through Safe Mode. If so then remove your Display drivers because nvlddmkm.sys means nVidia Display drivers. Let me know if you can login under Safe Mode I'll post further instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246404-nvlddmkm-sys-error-pc-restarting-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041201
BCP2: FFFFF680001FA778
BCP3: 98B0800185F59867
BCP4: FFFFFA8006D05450
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

any help would be appreciated

A:BSOD (probably video card related) posting error numbers

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-probably-video-card-related-posting-error-numbers.157927/
Relevancy 62.78%

I don't know if I don't have enough juice or what, but after I add an external video card I get a BSOD.

This never happen before so I don't know what changed when I added an external video card that now it crashes when I would have one before it was fine.

A:BSOD after adding an external video card error 0x000000124

Start by updating your system specifications so we would have a better understanding
of the hardware involved.
System Info - See Your System Specs
What I can pick from the .zip file you uploaded is as such:

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800e2991c0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880051924a8, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
This bugcheck is usually associated with driver failure but can be attributed to hardware under the right circumstances.
DXDIAG reports HD graphics as your GPU, which is another reason to why I asked you
to fill-out your system specifications.

Code:
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80070b5028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000081000402, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa80070b5138
Section @ fffffa80070b52c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 6 Bank 4)
This Bugcheck is always hardware, this time is the CPU that raised the red flag
and initiated the crash procedure but that doesn't mean it is the one
that committed the fault.

These two Bugchecks could be related to one another and you're insufficient PSU as you
suggested to be the case on the 1st post.
Clear enough space in your system partition, your pagefile is shrinking as a result
of lack of space which will lead to problems in the longer term.

Code:
Drive C:
Description Local Fixed Disk
Compressed No
File System NTFS
Size 57.51 GB (61,750,636,544 bytes)
Free Space 7.96 GB (8,548,605,952 bytes)

Code:
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Page File Space 4.14 GB
Ideally these values should be the same.

Cleanup your stratup by following this tutorial.
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302153-bsod-after-adding-external-video-card-error-0x000000124.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i use Samsung Np530u4c-s01tr ultrabook
there is nvidia gt620m gpu in it.i couldnt fix it.and i want to learn is it phsycally broken or there is a software problem

it looks like these

A:BSOD using external GPU, error 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys

Upload a .dmp file:

%SystemRoot%/Minidump

You can substitute the %SystemRoot% for C:\Windows\ or what partition Windows is installed on.

Make sure Windows is configured to save .dmp files:Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX Runtime:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266794-bsod-using-external-gpu-error-0x00000116-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I've been having problems for awhile with my speaker Genuine not Error, nvlddmkm BSOD Windows audio emitting an intermittent loud buzzing noise and then the computer freezing for a brief moment Mouse movement is also frozen during this period Then today the computer started freezing for small amounts of time separate from the buzzing before completely crashing I'm not sure if these two problems are related but they both may be caused by graphics driver problems which is a BSOD nvlddmkm Error, Windows not Genuine likely culprit I updated the Nvidia driver yesterday and my eventviewer shows the nvlddmkm error The short buzzing occurs when I listen to music around once a minute and increases in frequency when something more intensive is running such as Folding home After the BSOD Windows began showing a message that my copy of Windows is not genuine Also it reverts my desktop background to a black screen I have already defragmented my hard drive and run memtest for passes My current PSU is also less than a year old

A:BSOD nvlddmkm Error, Windows not Genuine

Bump, I can provide more details upon request

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313397-bsod-nvlddmkm-error-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all I really hope someone here has a solution to my problem I'm having My brand new computer is getting the BSOD with the trouble being pointed at error amp nvlddmkm sys When I turn the computer on it gets to the windows loading bar screen displays it for about three seconds then the screen goes black for about - seconds then up comes the BSOD The computer then restarts itself and the process repeats The company I 116. computer nvlddmkm.sys error Brand new BSOD bought BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error 116. Brand new computer the computer off of told me the problem lies with DirectX and instructed me to install the latest version as well as latest VGA drivers which I did but to no improvment After lots of googling and various un-installing amp re-installing of drivers I've discovered the computer starts up fine when the drivers for the graphics card are removed however upon installing the drivers and restarting BSOD I've a tormenting feeling in the back of my head telling me that the graphics card is bad or something I really do hope this is not the case and I really hope there is a fix avalible The card I'm using is GTX GB Thanks in advance for any and all help

A:BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error 116. Brand new computer

Quote: Originally Posted by Fluttershy Guy

Hello all,

I really hope someone here has a solution to my problem I'm having.

My brand new computer is getting the BSOD with the trouble being pointed at error 116 & nvlddmkm.sys. When I turn the computer on it gets to the windows loading bar screen, displays it for about three seconds then the screen goes black for about 10-15 seconds then up comes the BSOD. The computer then restarts itself and the process repeats. The company I bought the computer off of told me the problem lies with DirectX and instructed me to install the latest version, as well as latest VGA drivers, which I did but to no improvment.

After lots of googling and various un-installing & re-installing of drivers I've discovered the computer starts up fine when the drivers for the graphics card are removed, however upon installing the drivers and restarting: BSOD.

I've a tormenting feeling in the back of my head telling me that the graphics card is bad or something. I really do hope this is not the case and I really hope there is a fix avalible. The card I'm using is GTX 580 3GB.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Yes, there is a high probability that you've got a faulty graphics card.
Test it with OCCT
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html
Run a RAM test too

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197833-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-error-116-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Original OS: Yes
OEM/full-retail: OEM

A:BSOD error 0x00000050 nvlddmkm.sys on a dell.

Added the other log thingy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195880-bsod-error-0x00000050-nvlddmkm-sys-dell.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I just bought a new Asus rog G750JS and i have installed all the drivers from the asus site. every time i switch between intel graphics and my nvidia 870m i get BSOD. pic and sf diagnostic is below.

A:BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error on new Asus Rog G750JS,

This is a well known problem, and not easy to solve. My first suggestion is to see whether you can do without the on-board card by disabling it in BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356374-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-error-new-asus-rog-g750js.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i ran who crashed and it told me this I dont know what i need to do please help System Playing nvlddmkm.sys error only, BSOD games Information local computer name DANGERCATS windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Fri PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x AC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA BSOD Playing games only, nvlddmkm.sys error xFFFFF BC AC xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Fri PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys xFFFFF BC AC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA xFFFFF BC AC xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR Conclusion crash dumps have been found and analyzed A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation If no updates for these drivers are available try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further

A:BSOD Playing games only, nvlddmkm.sys error

Code:
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA8014555010, 0xFFFFF88009BC46AC, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 314.22
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 314.22
Try updating your video card drivers directly from the NVidia site:
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Uninstall the old drivers before installing updated ones:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302270-bsod-playing-games-only-nvlddmkm-sys-error.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello world!
I have a delima that seems to be software related.

My system is a Gigabyte MB p61-usb3-b3, bios f11,
i7-2600, 8GB memory, Windows 7x64, 460w PS,

The motherboard has a PCI-Express riser card that supports 1) expansion USB and PS2 ports and 1) Nvidia NVS 450 PCI-Express video card.

I recently did a BIOS update to version F11 of the MB, and my previous Driver from Nvidia, 296.88, failed-BSOD 0x0116. I ran safemode and uninstalled eveything NVIDIA, reinstalled newest Nvidia and I get a BSOD after about 10 minutes after logging into windows, 0x07e.
The NVS is plugged into 3 monitors.
The Driver being used is WDMM 1.1, which epically fails.

A:BSOD on NVLDDMKM.SYS ;Nvidia 320.78 ;NVS 450 ; error 0x00000116, 7E

And your question is ?

You can follow the posting procedure, it will help us help you .
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302818-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-nvidia-320-78-nvs-450-error-0x00000116-7e.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

im using MSI GT60 laptop

i7-3610QM
GTX 675M

i got this error ever since i updated my driver to 337.88 which is the latest driver.

the BSOD is very random at times. some time instantly when i start my game sometime it could last 1-2 hours.

games i am playing
dragon nest
dota 2

what i have tried:
i tried running a furmark test - no error
i tired OCCT test - no error
i tried memory test - no error
i tried to reinstall windows - no help
i tried to install older version (332.21) - no help
i tried to clean my fan - no help
i tried to set TdrDdiDelay - no help

what else can i try? or is that a hardware failure?
getting very annoyed by this error, please help! thanks!

A:BSOD playing any games, ERROR nvlddmkm.sys

Hi gongwan.

Are you overclocking?
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

When you Tested with Furmark or OCCT, what GPU did the programs test? The primary GPU Intel HD 4000 or the Optimus controlled GPU GTX 675M?
As per the settings, those stressing programs will run on the primary one, not on the nvidia GPU. Set the nvidia GPU as primary and run the tests again?

Older version is a nice idea, but 332.21 is not the right choice. Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800d9824e0, fffff8800fe5d0dc, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9a30dc )

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800d9824e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fe5d0dc, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+9a30dc
fffff880`0fe5d0dc 803d66e9eeff00 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0x891a49 (fffff880`0fd4ba49)],0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`058f2a48 fffff880`10160000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0d9824e0 fffff880`0fe5d0dc ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`058f2a50 fffff880`10133867 : fffff880`0fe5d0dc fffffa80`0bb31000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`058f2a90 fffff880`1015fe0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d9824e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`058f2b40 fffff880`0f437ec1 : fffffa80`0d30a010 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0bb2a010 :... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334115-bsod-playing-any-games-error-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

followed the steps and attached as requested.

I got this BSOD recently, not sure why and it only triggers when im running games and furmark stress test. So i think its related to my GPU. So i've tried uninstalling drivers, updating them both in safe mode, doesnt work. Reinstalled previous version before BSOD happened, doesnt work either. Changed TDR values in registry, doesnt seem to work as well. GPU heat issue isnt the main cause because i've monitored the temps and BSOD happens at random temps as long as im running games or anything that stresses the graphic card.

Please advice what is causing this. Thanks

Attachment removed added new one at last post

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello. I recently bought an Asus Essentio (the i5 core one) and I have had it for about 3 months. Whenever I play any games whether it be Garrys mod, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2 , or even WoW, I get a blue screen with error code 116, and file nvlddmkm.sys. I have downloaded driversweeper, uninstalled my driver, started in safe mode with no internet connection, ran driver sweeper, and analyzed and cleaned all nvidia components. I then reinstall my driver from desktop in windows. This may work for about a week, and then it starts happening again. Any other solutions to this?
PS: I put a GeForce GT 520 2GB in my pc, have a 350w psu and 12 GB of ram. I have also checked to make sure the card is installed properly.

A:BSOD Error Code 116 when playing any games. nvlddmkm.sys

Start with the steps outlined in the first three posts by usasma of STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting.

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html if you need further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213557-bsod-error-code-116-when-playing-any-games-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an issue in which I cannot boot the computer back up into its normal state.
I am experiencing blue screens of death every time i boot the computer up, which shows the error
0x00000116 and nvlddmkm.sys. I do believe that it is a driver compatibility issue and that is because I recently updated the Nvidia driver fot my GTX 560, since then it was performing sluggish (had multiple driver has stopped responding crashes in-game) before the BSOD happened.
I have tried changing multiple driver versions by using the DDU driver uninstaller and then reinstalling the version I tried.
I am not sure what to do next and if anyone could help it would be appreciated.
Many thanks

A:BSOD upon computer boot up, error 0x116 and nvlddmkm.sys

Please follow these instructions,

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

And don't post multiple threads, someone will be along once you post the info needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355654-bsod-upon-computer-boot-up-error-0x116-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello there So I am having some major issues with my desktop computer Whenever I start up the computer it shows the normal up. Error BSOD driver start upon 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys with graphics windows loading icon with a black screen but the image looks a little pixelated and you can tell something is wrong then goes directly into the BSOD displaying an error of attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed STOP x nvlddmkm BSOD upon start up. Error with graphics driver 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys sys I am almost positive the nvlddmkm sys driver is part of my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card After doing some research I found out that I could potentially update my graphics drivers and things would work So I booted my computer is Safe Mode with Networking went to the Nvidia website and downloaded my update However when I attempted to install it the Nvidia graphics driver update screen came up and did a System check and displayed this error BSOD upon start up. Error with graphics driver 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys message BSOD upon start up. Error with graphics driver 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys quot Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages for Visual Studio cannot be installed in safe mode quot The issue is I cannot boot in normal mode because the BSOD comes up instantly but it seems as though I cannot update the driver from safe mode I have been looking around all the forums at similar issues but have not been able to come up with a solution Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any more information Thanks

A:BSOD upon start up. Error with graphics driver 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys

Sorry I somehow previously missed the BSOD section of this forum. I marked this post as solved and made a new one over there. Any admin can delete this post as it is in the wrong location for the issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/392608-bsod-upon-start-up-error-graphics-driver-0x00000116-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Good day

Recently i got a random blue screen/lockup while playing Diablo 3. This is the first one that i have gotten since around March if this year so it struck me as very random.

The most common lockup being the black screen issue where i have to shut down and restart my pc.
This particular lockup occured after several hours of gameplay.

I use programmes such as MSI Afterburner in conjunction with HWinfo to monitor GPU and CPU temperatures. All of which seems to be in the normal temperature range.

Ive used other diagnostic tools such as Seagate Tools, Memtest86, OCCTand CrystalDiskInfo to name but a few. Nothing at all points to the CPU or GPU overheating as far as i can tell.

I will continue to identify any other problems. I have attached all the relevant info. If anyone could assist where applicable i would be most grateful.

Kind regards

A:BSOD playing Diablo 3, error relating to mrxsmb.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

Hi Coach, I hope I can help you, but it appears the dump file is blaming your GPU.

Code:
nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f08c000 fffff880`0fd1a000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 02 12:42:02 2014 (53B4446A)
CheckSum: 00C4C7C9
ImageSize: 00C8E000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You can try updating your graphics driver using this method NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems and see if it works. But, from what I've seen in the BSOD threads, it seems that game is causing a lot of people trouble. May I suggest, just for a test, you update your driver to the latest WHQL driver and turn the game settings down a lot to see if that helps. I don't play that game so I'm not sure whether it is the game coding or if the game is just that hard on graphics cards and CPU's. If you are overclocking anything, I would recommend you set everything back to default levels. let me know how that works, and if you have this problem with other games.

You may also want to check this site and make sure you have the latest Direct X version. It will tell you if you have or install it if you don't http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345630-bsod-playing-diablo-3-error-relating-mrxsmb-sys-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hello Experts,

I am getting BSOD on lenovo T510 ( i7 M 620 Processor, 8 gb Ram).
the mesaage says nvlddmkm.sys error on BSOD.
The Laptop works fine .
I am trying to enable Hyper v on the Operating system.
In order to use it i have to enable virtualization and memory protection in Bios.

If i enable both virtualization and memory protection i get Bsod.
If i enable only one of them it works fine but do not solve the purpose
as i need to enable both in order for Hyper v to work.
I have attached the required files in attachment.
Please help!
I
Is Windows 2008 server R2 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 Bit - the original installed OS on the system? NO - an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail - What is the age of system (hardware)?
1.5 Year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
1.5 Year

A:BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error T510 Windows Server 2008 R2

Not the video driver but DirectX and I suspect that is being caused by your Symantec.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211099-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-error-t510-windows-server-2008-r2.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Good day Recently and i would say in the last month i have been getting very random blue screen lockups while playing Diablo The nvlddmkm.sys error Diablo BSOD dxgkrnl.sys 3, and playing relating to most common lockup being the black screen issue where i have to shut down and restart my pc The lockup can occur after hour BSOD playing Diablo 3, error relating to dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys of gameplay or hours so it is difficult o predict Unfortunately there are no obvious clues as to what the cause is i have only had instances in the BSOD playing Diablo 3, error relating to dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys last month Before that i had no such issues and when it first happened last month i passed it off as a once-off but unfotunately with there being more occurences i started thinking of other issues that might be affecting it Its highly unlikely that its an overheating problem im using MSI Afterburner in conjunction with HWinfo to monitor GPU and CPU temperatures Temperatures for the GPU range from - degrees Centigrade and for the CPU - degrees centigrade while playing For comparison i also play Assassins Creed and that has never had any issues whatsoever Ive used other diagnostic tools such as Seagate Tools Memtest OCCTand CrystalDiskInfo to name but a few Nothing at all points to the CPU or GPU overheating as far as i can tell These problems i have been having are few and far between but have all happened in the last month so there is a small cause of concern I have attached all the relevant info If anyone could assist where applicable i would be most grateful Kind regards

A:BSOD playing Diablo 3, error relating to dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

First file (dxgkrnl.sys) is a directx file and the second one
(nvlddmkm.sys) is a nvidia driver file...the problem it is in these 2 files. Try to install the original driver for the graphic card from the CD and dont upgrade to the new drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324028-bsod-playing-diablo-3-error-relating-dxgkrnl-sys-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello there So I am having some major issues with my desktop computer Whenever I start up the computer it shows the normal windows loading icon with a black screen but the image looks a little pixelated and you can tell something is wrong then goes directly into the BSOD displaying an error of attempt to 0x00000116 BSOD Error nvlddmkm.sys driver start with graphics up. at reset the display driver BSOD at start up. Error with graphics driver 0x00000116 nvlddmkm.sys and recover from timeout failed STOP x nvlddmkm sys I am almost positive the nvlddmkm sys driver is part of my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card After doing some research I found out that I could potentially update my graphics drivers and things would work So I booted my computer is Safe Mode with Networking went to the Nvidia website and downloaded my update However when I attempted to install it the Nvidia graphics driver update screen came up and did a System check and displayed this error message quot Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages for Visual Studio cannot be installed in safe mode quot The issue is I cannot boot in normal mode because the BSOD comes up instantly but it seems as though I cannot update the driver from safe mode I have been looking around all the forums at similar issues but have not been able to come up with a solution I attached the dump in a zip Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any more information Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392609-bsod-start-up-error-graphics-driver-0x00000116-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes.
- an OEM or full retail version? Full retail version

- What is the age of system (hardware)? One year approx.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) A few days old, Reinstalled alot of times to try and sort the problem.

I also included a Speccy generated text file with my computer specs.

The crash/lockup occours mainly when playing BF3 on certain levels, skip the level and I can play the game continously for hours sometimes.

The dumpfile at 20:10 was created while playing BF3 on a normal level.

The second dumpfile which was created at 20:30 was done by using the Drive verifier, Looks like Daemon tools might have a finger in it so I'll uninstall that right now.

A:BSOD BF3, error 1053, 0x116, dxgkrnl.sys, dxgmms1.sys, nvlddmkm.sys.

Quite a few issues here

1-asacpi.sys

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known bsod cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (notbefore).

2-Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files
3-BBC116

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214211-bsod-bf3-error-1053-0x116-dxgkrnl-sys-dxgmms1-sys-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been dealing with this problem for a week now Everything works fine in safe mode but when I boot into normal mode it's like a chance that it will even let me boot into the OS It would either just reboot or if when it does get into the OS the system would be very slow amp unresponsive then the BSOD pops up with the nvlddmkm Random error on ASUS BSOD/reboot - nvlddmkm.sys laptop sys error Sometimes I'm able to use the computer for a while before this happens sometimes not From my hours of googling it seems like it's a driver issue w the graphics gard GeForce M G I've done the following troubleshooting but to no avail Re-formatted my hdd amp did a clean install of the Random BSOD/reboot on ASUS laptop - nvlddmkm.sys error OS Tried various NVIDIA drivers even loaded the latest beta driver from NVIDIA's site Ran memtest and dimms came back clean Here's some basic system info Windows Ultimate x Not the original OS installed my Win is the MSDN copy Age of system A little over years ago Purchased back in June of Age of OS installation day old just re-installed yesterday I wasn't able to Random BSOD/reboot on ASUS laptop - nvlddmkm.sys error get a System Health Report but attached is my dump files When I ran perfmon report all I saw was a blank screen I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this hopefully I won't have to line-up during Black Friday for a new laptop Thanks in advance

A:Random BSOD/reboot on ASUS laptop - nvlddmkm.sys error

Hello and Welcome !

Seems like it might has to do something with the GPU card itself. Follow this guide and run all the Test http://www.sevenforums.com/748030-post2.html .

Info on your Bugcheck:

Quote:
If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling." - H2SO4

Bugcheck:

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c6e010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880048672b0, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+132b0
fffff880`048672b0 48895c2420 mov qword ptr [rsp+20h],rbx

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`05bfd9c8 fffff880`03cf6cbc : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`06c6e010 fffff880`048672b0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`05bfd9d0 fffff880`03cf69c6 : fffff880`048672b0 fffffa80`06c6e010 fffffa80`046b0d50 fffffa80`06a72010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`05bfda10 fffff880`03d9df07 : fffffa80`06c6e010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`046b0d50 fffffa80`06a72010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`05bfda40 fffff880`03dc7b75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`000012f4 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`05bfdb20 fffff880`03dc62bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`000012f4 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`05bfdb50 fffff880`03d992c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`06a72010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`05bfdbf0 fffff880`03dc5e7a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000f 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`04e0f768 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`05bfdd00 fffff800`02928166 : 00000000`0243e2ba fffffa80`06b75060 fffffa80`03cd0040 fffffa80`06b75060 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`05bfdd40 fffff800`02663486 : fffff800`027fde80 fffffa80`06b75060 fffff800`0280bc40 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`05bfdd80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+132b0
fffff880`048672b0 48895c2420 mov qword ptr [rsp+20h],rbx

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+132b0

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a4c6469

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115947-random-bsod-reboot-asus-laptop-nvlddmkm-sys-error.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

please see my zip file from the SF Diagnostic Tool for details but basically I get the BSOD occuring (randomly?) while playing League of Legends and I cannot for the life of it figure out what exactly the problem is or even better, how to fix it.

Google sent me here and I really hope that anyone can help me a bit with this issue. Every tiny bit of help is deeply appreciated.

If I need to post different or additional information, please let me know (I presume everything important is covered in the SF diag tool). Thank you!

A:BSOD playing League of Legends (Error 0x116, nvlddmkm.sys)

Hello stepberg.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80065743f0, fffff88006160adc, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+929adc )

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80065743f0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88006160adc, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+929adc
fffff880`06160adc 4055 push rbp

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02ad1a48 fffff880`06332000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`065743f0 fffff880`06160adc ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02ad1a50 fffff880`06305867 : fffff880`06160adc fffffa80`0a155000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02ad1a90 fffff880`06331e0f : 00000000`ffffd84d fffffa80`0a094010 fffffa80`065743f0 00000000`0000000f : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`02ad1b40 fffff880`04b90ec1 : fffffa80`0b669d50 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a094010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`02ad1bc0 fffff800`03522e5a : 00000000`0279612e fffffa80`0a16f610 fffffa80`05aeb740 fffffa80`0a16f610 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`02ad1c00 fffff800`0327cd26 : fffff800`033fee80 fffffa80`0a16f610 fffff800`0340ccc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02ad1c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`02ad2000 fffff880`02acc000 fffff880`02ad14d0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+929adc
fffff880`06160adc 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+929adc

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50de9218

---------

7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`05837000 fffff880`062d5000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Sat Dec 29 12:17:52 2012 (50DE9218)
CheckSum: 00A7F96C
ImageSize: 00A9E000
A stop 0x116 is a display related error, and the version of display driver is known to be a buggy one. So first roll it back to a known stable version.
Download and install Driver Fusion.
Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode. Search Driver Fusion ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276520-bsod-playing-league-legends-error-0x116-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone My boyfriend's computer has crashed - the dreaded BSOD came error only works playing mode - Nvlddmkm.sys safe BSOD in game, while up while in mid-game It flashes for about a second and then restarts itself I can't BSOD while playing game, Nvlddmkm.sys error - only works in safe mode boot the computer normally without the BSOD coming up again with the same error I've managed to take a picture of the error screen and I'll upload it here Sorry BSOD while playing game, Nvlddmkm.sys error - only works in safe mode its blurry my phone couldn't focus fast enough Attachment I'm currently operating the damn thing in safe mode and frantically Googling for solutions from my laptop but it has proved fruitless so far so I'm hoping someone from here can point me in the right direction I've fixed and tinkered with laptops before successfully but taking on a gaming PC is a new challenge for me I believe this is a driver issue He has been using Windows although I don't think its legitimate and its a bit OS I've tried to get him a legit -bit Windows but that's BSOD while playing game, Nvlddmkm.sys error - only works in safe mode another issue in itself so for now its the former I've also added the BSOD zip folder Please help

A:BSOD while playing game, Nvlddmkm.sys error - only works in safe mode

Hi there,

You are correct, it isn't a legitimate install. I will tell you that it's related to your Nvidia Video drivers though, I can see that in the picture.

We don't support piracy so that is all we can do until you get a legal install.

Code:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
Original Install Date: 6/08/2011, 3:43:43 PM
System Boot Time: 2/12/2014, 11:43:53 AM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P55A-UD3

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353965-bsod-while-playing-game-nvlddmkm-sys-error-only-works-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Have been having this problem for a while now From reading the forums I figured it must've been a faulty VGA Tech support has replaced it for a brand new and have also given me a new PSU Power Brick Whenever I tried to do anything that was VGA-demanding it would blue screen on me even after a fresh format Both timeout) playing games nvlddmkm.sys error (display driver BSOD 0x116, the new VGA and PSU have not fixed the problem they gave me a bit more gaming time before BSODing but not much Things I've already done - Formated the computer - Did a fresh install of my NVIDIA Drivers BSOD playing games error 0x116, nvlddmkm.sys (display driver timeout) using the remove program - Did a memm test passes errors - Installed new VGA and got a new PSU as already stated - Reinstalled the games that were crashing - Used FurMark on for minutes temps never went higher then degrees - Tried the Windows Fix thing quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Windows or Windows Vista Uploading the files to see if I can get a better insight before I send this back to tech support for another week of tests Honestly don't know what to do anymore Thanks for all the help in advance

A:BSOD playing games error 0x116, nvlddmkm.sys (display driver timeout)

stereolab, I'll see if I can help you on this. As I'm sure you know the error reports in the Dump files are all the same.

Code:
nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f408000 fffff880`10049000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Mon Nov 11 07:24:05 2013 (5280DA75)
CheckSum: 00C10283
ImageSize: 00C41000
That is your Nvidia graphics card driver which is almost a year old. but the real troubling part of it is,

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80148e8010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fda32bc, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
TDR is a time delay and recovery failure. Tell me if I am correct. You have Nvidia Optimus technology. Optimus allows you to use the on chip graphics, which is much less power demanding when the dedicated graphics card is not needed and switches to the Dedicated Card when additional graphics power is needed. AMD has the same thing, which is a good idea. The problem is the implementation of the technology, in other words, how they both make it work. If that is the case, most likely, sending it back, will not work. This is a common problem and I have never seen it solved but by one way, which is not always well received. What is happening in all cases is the laptop is trying to switch either to or from one to the other. The problem is the implementation of all manufacturers, is different, but have 1 thing in common. The switch takes longer than Windows allows, so Windows assumes that there is a graphics failure and the CPU throws an error. Now, before you blame Windows, remember Windows was out long before this technology and Windows limits were well known. In fact, Windows 7 is more forgiving in that area than any Operating System before it. That is probably what is happening. If you don't have Optimus Technology, then your driver is crashing and is not recovering within the allotted time. If you have had the card replaced before, there is some other problem going on. Tell me which it is, do you have Optimus or switchable graphics?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346775-bsod-playing-games-error-0x116-nvlddmkm-sys-display-driver-timeout.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everyone days ago I bought a Gainward nVidia GTX graphics card for my system I installed it fine and it worked like a charm for days I then got a new Trouble 8800GTX with Nvidia card case seeing as my current tower was looking a bit battered and I transferred everything to its new home However when I booted up and started trying to play a game which had previosuly worked on highest settings and resolution it lagged terribly and I got a very bad frame rate I changed the settings to lowest possible and it was still garbage I also tried to play some video files but on particular types I get a large blue line and odd colors everywhere This has only started happening since I put everything in a new case the exact same setup as my old one So what i Trouble with Nvidia 8800GTX card m thinking is this Did I damage the card when changing I think not because I am actually using the card at the moment Old games etc work fine but videos look messy and these new games dont work at all as well as they did when I first got the card Driver problems Initially when I saw garbled video I thought it must be a driver issue but I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and nothing has worked Power supply My new case came with mm fans each using a -pin connector from the PSU so I thought maybe the card wasn t getting enough power seeing as my old case only ran one mm fan This is what the tech support guy from Gainward said anyway I have tried other cards in my system they work fine although they are not nearly as powerful as the Gainward I have tried disconnecting all fans and devices that are not needed to let the GPU have as much power as it wants - still nothing And like I said I ve resintalled drivers etc Trouble is no-one I know has a computer with a PCI-E slot so I cant test the card in another system I m not a novice at all when it comes to building computers so I doubt that I damaged the card in the process of swapping cases - I was very careful Sorry for the long post wanted to give you as much info as poss but if anyone has any idea whats going on help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble with Nvidia 8800GTX card

i have seen cases short out when you screw the motherboard down - something about the screw hole was off - try taking the screws out of the motherboard or the board out of the case and putting it on a static free test area and booting it up - may be the case giving you problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-nvidia-8800gtx-card.603782/
Relevancy 59.77%

i want to get NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 PCI-E Graphics Card ut will my motherboard support it i got my pc back in 2007 and my previous card was geforce 8800gtx

A:geforce 8800gtx dead help getting new card

my mother board is
ASUS P5N-E SLI

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179377-geforce-8800gtx-dead-help-getting-new-card.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I too am having completely random BSOD's after upgrading to win I don't remember having any crashes with Win Have ran it for many years I've uninstalled the video drivers downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia web site although I'm not convinced these are for my particular cards my models weren't specifically listed and reinstalled the drivers I removed one of the video cards and tried again with the same results I resorted to just one monitor with the same results crashes So if it's not my video cards or any of my three monitors what is it This is my second attempt at BSOD Failure Video "nvlddmkm.sys" TDR Win The first time I just wiped out my Win rig and started over with Win After all I had my Win backup I could simply just reinstall the Win go to my backup and restore the latest save NOPE It wouldn't work I LOST EVERYTHING So I started over with Win and downloaded a program GWX Control Panel to disable the Win notifications Again Win ran just Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD as reliable as it did before But I liked the feel and look of The little bit of time I spent with it it Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD grew on me So I decided to give it another try and this time I want it to work as well if not better Video TDR Failure "nvlddmkm.sys" BSOD than Any help will be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49587-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 57.19%

System- Windows Bit Intel Core i Gigabyte EX -Extreme Motherbaord Latest BIOS Corsair RAM GB x Corsair Nova GB SATA TB Western Digital Hard Drive No RAID Nvidia GTX W Power Supply Cooler Master Liquid Cooling with no overclocking Problem I re installed OS and did a lot of troubleshooting using Driver Verifier and my BIOS settings What I finally learnt is that everything is stable except my Nvidia GTX I Nvidia 8800GTX BSOD had no problems even with Driver verifier when I installed VGA Driver for GTX But when I install the Nvidia Drivers WHQL I get a BSOD as boot time I even ran Driver verifier only for driver that is Nvidia and it BSOD But when I ran driver verifier for all other drivers system was stable SO the main problem is Nvidia GTX What I tried I tried drivers from Nvidia and MSI with no luck I tried firmware upgrade and no luck My graphics card use Liquid cooling and temps Nvidia 8800GTX BSOD are fine Nvidia 8800GTX BSOD below so it is not heat issue I always get BSOD pointing to IRQL and it seems like a issue with my graphics card trying to access memory Memory is fine Memtest Pass for hours Please tell what should I do to fix this issue

A:Nvidia 8800GTX BSOD

Hi

You've pretty much covered the basics (if not all) in trying to isolate the problem.
My suggestion would be to try another Nvidia card just to verify or confirm if your current card is still working.

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/116088-nvidia-8800gtx-bsod.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I used to run 8800gtx code error 43 SLI for the longest time When I started playing Age of Conan the SLI setup would crash it constantly so I disabled SLI and played with one card I quit Conan updated to the latest GPU drivers then went 8800gtx error code 43 to turn SLI back up The option was not there Checked the rest of the options thinking maybe it was under a different new name nada Looked online no one else seemed to have the problem so 8800gtx error code 43 I checked my device manager Aha one of the GPUs had an error quot Windows has stopped this 8800gtx error code 43 device because it has reported problems Code quot Tried reinstalling the drivers no change Ran Mark D Vantage and my score looked low enough that I m only running GPU so its definately running only one card Then I got an idea I disconnected one card the primary one I d been using for Conan and plugged in the one that had been sitting there unused Restarted the computer immediately noticed the BIOS loadup and Vista all have vertical lines on the screen Look kinda something like this -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - -- - - - --- - Depending on resolution they are bigger at lower resolution and smaller at higher resolution Device manager shows the GPU there detected but the same error While I d like to think its just a device error it doesn t explain why the lines would be there on the BIOS screen I switched monitors the lines are still there The temperatures on GPU are normal and I m typing this while the lines are on screen so it doesn t seem unstable I have no settings for the display it appears I m running on the backup standard VGA drivers right now Ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8800gtx-error-code-43.820131/
Relevancy 56.33%

i have been gettings BSOD randomly
already try
-uninstall daemon
-uninstall VGA driver,use driver sweeper in safe mode,install VGA driver

my laptop compaq presario CQ42-176tx
spec Compaq Presario CQ42-176TX, Speed 2.26Ghz, RAM 4GB Laptop/Notebook Price in India, Reviews & Specifications

A:bsod video scheduler and attempt to reset video card

Welcome

Lets start with Driver Verifier

Verifier puts extreme stress on the drivers, bad ones will cause BSOD. If we change all those drivers we hope for no more BSODs, If you get no BSODs, then its not a driver and we look to hardware. With verifier on your computer may be a little laggy, but actually..its just doing its work.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Information
Driver Verifier runs in the background, "testing" drivers for bugs. If it finds one, a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will result; the corresponding dump file will hopefully show the faulty driver.

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow

Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. It can subject the drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.

Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253038-bsod-video-scheduler-attempt-reset-video-card.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I was playing BC2 last night and my game froze up. When I rebooted, one of my monitors wouldn't display. I tried to check my hardware and the GPU wasn't being used. I got an "Error 43" warning.

Here's my configuration:

Platform : Intel Averill Fundamental

Mainboard : Intel D946GZIS

Chipset : Intel i946GZ

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2666 MHz

Physical Memory : 4 GB (2 x 2048 DR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Hard Disk : WDC (500 GB)

Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional 6.01.7600 (x64)

DirectX : Version 11.00

Mainboard : Intel D946GZIS
I've tried new drivers and a system restore with no luck? Can someone help with this or do I need to replace the Graphics Card?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Nvidea 8800GTX Error 43

Problem Solved with the purchase of new EVGA 756MB 460 GTX Superclock!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nvidea-8800gtx-error-43.938788/
Relevancy 55.47%

Anyone know how to fix this error. I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps at start-up and no video but I get sound? Anyone know a cost effective way to fix this?

A:video card error. No video on start-up. Sony vaio all in one PC.

That beep code means that there is a video controller failure. It's unlikely that it's anything that can be fixed by anyone but a service technician.

Unless you have a removable graphics card in that rig.

What is the model number?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/328756-video-card-error-no-video-start-up-sony-vaio-all-one-pc.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Last Christmas I tried to build a PC for my parents It almost worked except that every once in independent -- but card hardware video error Video of a while the screen would freeze and the display would go all monochromatic leaving no choice except to push the reset button This happened with at least half a dozen different video card drivers although with the older ones it gave me a straight BSOD whereas with the newer ones it looks like the video was so corrupted that it couldn't even display the blue screen The Windows problems and solutions thingy said that this was a video hardware error so when I came Video hardware error -- but independent of video card back for this Christmas I bought a brand new video card an Nvidia GeForce GT which replaced an ATI Radeon Video hardware error -- but independent of video card HD but the only thing that changed was the fact that the screen no longer went monochromatic after a freeze now it just plain freezes I've tried updating the BIOS and the chipset drivers and I ran memtest and Video hardware error -- but independent of video card the Windows Memory Diagnostic but these did not show any problems The zipped html report and output of your jcgriff exe are attached In answer to the questions in the instructions The OS is Windows Professional x It is the original OS installed meaning there were no others before it It is a full retail version The hardware is year old except for the new video card which arrived last Tuesday i e days ago The OS is also year old it has not been reinstalled Thank you for your assistance

A:Video hardware error -- but independent of video card

Hi again,

I've been reading some of the other threads on this forum and tried following the instructions. I ran memtest for 6 passes instead of 1 as I did before (still no errors) and I tried uninstalling the Gigabyte power management and other utilities which almost certainly made it worse (the frequency of crashes has increased). I also tried reading the dump files, but all they say on the surface is that the Nvidia (or earlier, before I changed cards, ATI) drivers are at fault and I lack the expertise to understand the details.

Can anybody help? Or is this hopeless and I need a new motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133459-video-hardware-error-but-independent-video-card.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Dear Windows Ten Forum guys,

I get these random blue screen of death errors and i have tried certain "fixes" i could find when i tried to google this error.
So far nothing worked and im beginning to wonder if i need to replace my pc. I only use this system for my studies at the moment so i consider replacing it as a waste of money. It was working fine up until four months ago.
I have added the log file as instructed. I have also added some system speccs in my profile. Please tell me if i need to add some more speccs.
Can someone please have a look at the log file and/or tell me whats the best thing i can do?

Thanks in advance,
Joseph

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51971-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello nvlddmkm.sys card and/or broken and/or dxgkrnl.exe guys and girls I am new to the forums as a registered user but I've been reading the forums nvlddmkm.sys and/or dxgkrnl.exe and/or broken card on certain occasions First of all english is not my mother tongue so please bear with me if I am writing something wrong I am posting here because I am looking for help or someone to point me in the right direction I was playing an old game on sunday morning Heroes of Might amp Magic when suddenly I had artifacts all over my screen and I got the infamous nvlddmkm sys-BSoD with Stop error and with looping sound This was the first BSoD on my Windows Home bit since approx months Last fresh installation was in October Since that BSoD i can reproduce this crash with a guarantee of everytime I start a D-application a game Desktop D works fine no problems at all So I started testing yesterday When I am alt-tabbing to desktop as soon as the artifacts graphical glitches appear I can see that I am having a TDR error nvlddmkm sys stopped working and has been restarted When I am not alt-tabbing fast enough I get the BSoD So I took a look at my dmp-file with NirSoft Bluescreen View and saw that I not only got an error with nvlddmkm sys but also with dxgkrnl exe Next step was to try and update my DirectX but I already had the newest version and no files were replaced thus I think that no files are corrupt I updated my NVIDIA drivers from WHQL to WHQL but that did not help at all I uninstalled the drivers used Driver Sweeper from D Guru to completely remove any NVIDIA files that were not uninstalled although I didn't do it in safe but in normal mode and reinstalled Error still persists I ran Memtest v for hours passes last night no error so I am pretty sure that my RAM is okay Neither RAM nor graphic card are overclocked My timings for the RAM is - - - and V Corsair says I shall use - - - and V but I can not set a lower number for Volt than in my BIOS Nevertheless I don't think that the difference between v and v is the problem since my system was stable and running since October My PSU is a beQuiet W so this is definately enough power to run the card I watched my temperatures voltage mhz etc with Everest Riva Tuner and GPU-Z voltage and mhz were all as recommended by the manufacturer Nvidia and idle temperature was C F rising to C F as soon as I started a game My graphic card was approx C F cooler in January when I last cleaned my PC so I guess the fan and everything else needs to be cleaned again but nevertheless the temps are still low enough that overheating seems not to be the problem CPU is at C F while idle btw A few minutes ago I used FurMark with the same result as soon as the quot fur-ring quot appeared - gt TDR error I have to add that I already had a GTX and that card broke months after the -year-warranty ended At that time I bought a new card - a GTS - which is running in my rig now As the old GTX broke it was a broken VRAM and the optical symptoms were the same Artifacts in D TDR errors etc BUT after a few days I also had those random artifacts in D even in BIOS So I got the card checked and indeed it was a broken VRAM So this is the reason why I am here With the described problem and the testing I already done I am leaning to another broken VRAM another broken card as the reason of my problem Which would suck because - can you guess - warranty on the card ended in April I was planning to buy a complete new system at the end of the year so to buy a new video card was not was I wanted to do Of course I hope that maybe the problem is not a hardware problem but a software problem and this is what I am looking for in your answers Software problem oder broken card Because this problem never appears while in D- Desktop-mode but everytime I switch to D- Gaming-mode I you need any more info or screenshots or attached dmp-files please let me know I really appreciate your time reading this and your answers Thank you in advance

A:nvlddmkm.sys and/or dxgkrnl.exe and/or broken card

There are several things that you can try..

1. run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt to verify the integrity of your system files..

2. Do a system restore to a point in time before you started having problems..

3. See if you can borrow a different gfx card just to test.... though a bad card is likely..

4. Do a repair install...

Let us know if you need further help and keep us informed..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83925-nvlddmkm-sys-dxgkrnl-exe-broken-card.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok firstly I will give my computer stats Asus motherboard M N -SLI EVGA Card overcurrent failed post error, Video error, mobo possible USB Geforce GTS MB Athlon X dual core GB corsair ram Creative X-Fi extreme gamer card My computer is about weeks old and has been running just fine playing all games properly The only Video Card post error, USB overcurrent error, possible failed mobo small problem i had was my motherboard cpu fan not working in its cpu fan pin so instead i have it hooked up Video Card post error, USB overcurrent error, possible failed mobo to a case fan pin I am not sure if this means i have a faulty mobo or not Just yesterday I installed my brand new Creative sound card I installed its software and drivers all fine and the PC restarted fine Next creative wanted to update the drivers and I let it After it was done installling the new drivers it needed a restart On restart I could not even get to the post screen and was displayed with an error saying USB over current PC shutdown in seconds At first i could not get past this error at all so i tried taking out the sound card and putting inserting it again I did not get the USB error now and was happy I played Battlefield for a few hours then shut it down Now today when i get home from work and turn it on i saw that USB over current error again and got quite frusterated After taking the sound card out and putting it back in I had some new problems I only saw my Asus Splash screen saying quot press delete to enter setup quot although pressing delete did nothing it just hung on that screen After that i manually powered off and now i was receiving no screen at all and a post error of one long and short indicating a video card problem I reseatedthe video card many times and tested every cord in the case and making sure it was all hooked up correctly I even tested a new power supply to see if that was a problem it was not My video card powers up and the fan is working just no display I have no other pc to test the card in since none of my other PCs have PCI-E slots I have a feeling this is not the video card since i had the USB over current errors - oh also i tried to remove the cmos battery to reset it or something not too sure of what i was doing Is there a way that doing a bios refresh could fix this - more info i have no floppy drive so i may not be able to put a copy of bois on a disc to flash it Thank you for any help i need it badly i want to play BF so bad nbsp

A:Video Card post error, USB overcurrent error, possible failed mobo

Welcome to TSG....

First thing I would do is get the cpu fan working. usually they have several screws the hold them to the heatsink, I hope you did not take the heatsink off the processor because there is usually one of two things between the heatsink and processor, either a white goo called thermal compound or a little white square material that is thermally conductive if either of these have been disturbed or damaged it can cause the processor to overheat very quickly.
I would get a new fan assembly and remove the 4 screws and mount the new one on top of the heatsink and get it running.

Then worry about the rest of the things afterwards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-post-error-usb-overcurrent-error-possible-failed-mobo.604394/
Relevancy 51.6%

So I recently recieved two HIS 6850's to replace my older ATI 5850. So I do my normal procedure of Uninstalling Drivers and so forth. So I take out the 5850 install the two 6850's, restart computer and install drivers from the CD HIS gave me. I restart log-in and BAM computer screen goes black/red/white and I get BSOD error.

So I figure that I should try each of the cards separately. Do a driver sweep, restart, reinstall drivers again, restart, than I log-in and BAM same dam screen followed by the same BSOD error. The weird thing is both cards do it! Are they DOA or is something else at work? I highly doubt both cards are busted unless UPS dropped the box from 50 feet.

Thanks for your help!

A:BSOD New Video Card/s

Quote: Originally Posted by wulfstan77

So I recently recieved two HIS 6850's to replace my older ATI 5850. So I do my normal procedure of Uninstalling Drivers and so forth. So I take out the 5850 install the two 6850's, restart computer and install drivers from the CD HIS gave me. I restart log-in and BAM computer screen goes black/red/white and I get BSOD error.

So I figure that I should try each of the cards separately. Do a driver sweep, restart, reinstall drivers again, restart, than I log-in and BAM same dam screen followed by the same BSOD error. The weird thing is both cards do it! Are they DOA or is something else at work? I highly doubt both cards are busted unless UPS dropped the box from 50 feet.

Thanks for your help!

These were caused by your ATItray utility. I would remove it.

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Seven Forums\021011-34117-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0308fe50
Debug session time: Thu Feb 10 16:04:09.117 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:57.099
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000094, fffffa800560e838, 12, fffff80003051888}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDispatchException+1b9 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000094, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffffa800560e838, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000012, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: fffff80003051888, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000094 - {EXCEPTION} Integer division by zero.

FAULTING_IP:
+6558952f041ed920
fffffa80`0560e838 f7f3 div eax,ebx

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000012

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: fffff80003051888

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

PROCESS_NAME: atitray.exe

CURRENT_I... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143831-bsod-new-video-card-s.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Specs HP Pavilion p c OS W - bit AMD Phenom II X gb RAM gb HDD Video BSOD card Video AMD Radeon HD HP x monitors The problem The recommended resolution is x The monitors are connected by a DVI Video card BSOD and HDMI cables as recommended by HP The problem is the monitor connected with the HDMI cannot be sized to fit the screen When the resolution is at the x its too big and the edges do not fit the screen and its fuzzy When I adjust it to the next setting x it looks sharp but has a quot x quot black quot letterbox quot and is too small for the screen This computer has worked fine for about year and I began experiencing fatal video card errors BSOD I for the life of me cannot remeber the exact code on the BSOD All that I know is that after the last occurance one of my monitors HDMI was not correctly formatted I swapped cables and its just the HDMI that has this problem I have fiddled with the buttons on the actual monitor settings to adjust it that way and in the CRTL panel but cannot figure out All the diagnostics say the drivers and software are up to date and working Any suggestions would be great Thanks HGW nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-bsod.1050185/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently (last weekend) replaced my RAM, OS HDD and Video Card. Today is the first time I've experienced any problems but I've had three BSOD in a row. The first two were while watching videos in VLC and the third was while trying to post here. Attached is my system info from the sevenforums tool for the first 2 BSOD problems.

A:3 BSOD in a row; New SSD, RAM and Video Card

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800bf13ed8, fffff8800bf13730, fffff800038a1915}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlLookupPerFileObjectContext+a5 )

Code:
Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver, Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure

Code:
2: kd> .trap fffff8800bf13f80;knL
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=88fffa80105a8da8 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa80508ba4b8
rdx=fffffa800abade70 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800038a1915 rsp=fffff8800bf14110 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=fffffa801fe53ac0 r10=fffffa800ab98b90
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po cy
nt!FsRtlLookupPerFileObjectContext+0xa5:
fffff800`038a1915 48395810 cmp qword ptr [rax+10h],rbx ds:88fffa80`105a8db8=????????????????
*** Stack trace for last set context - .thread/.cxr resets it
# Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
00 fffff880`0bf14110 fffff880`012eab1f nt!FsRtlLookupPerFileObjectContext+0xa5
01 fffff880`0bf14150 fffff880`012e8852 fltmgr!FltpGetStartingCallbackNode+0x3f
02 fffff880`0bf141e0 fffff800`038a06a3 fltmgr!FltpPreFsFilterOperation+0xa2
03 fffff880`0bf14270 fffff800`03b56fe4 nt!FsFilterPerformCallbacks+0xd3
04 fffff880`0bf142d0 fffff800`038c2427 nt!FsRtlAcquireFileForCcFlushEx+0xd0
05 fffff880`0bf14570 fffff800`038c19bc nt!MmFlushSection+0x1c3
06 fffff880`0bf14630 fffff880`014dd654 nt!CcFlushCache+0x7bc
07 fffff880`0bf14730 fffff880`014d34cd Ntfs!NtfsFlushUserStream+0xb4
08 fffff880`0bf147b0 fffff880`014dbf48 Ntfs!NtfsFlushVolume+0x2ad
09 fffff880`0bf148e0 fffff880`014dc63c Ntfs!NtfsCommonFlushBuffers+0x444
0a fffff880`0bf149c0 fffff880`012e9bcf Ntfs!NtfsFsdFlushBuffers+0x104
0b fffff880`0bf14a30 fffff880`012e86df fltmgr!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x24f
0c fffff880`0bf14ac0 fffff800`03b8ba9b fltmgr!FltpDispatch+0xcf
0d fffff880`0bf14b20 fffff800`03b20781 nt!IopSynchronousServiceTail+0xfb
0e fffff880`0bf14b90 fffff800`0387fe13 nt!NtFlushBuffersFile+0x171
0f fffff880`0bf14c20 00000000`77c0176a nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
10 00000000`0191f548 00000000`00000000 0x77c0176a
The last instruction which was called, and where the interrupt handler broke in to save the context of the thread, and then produce a bugcheck was FsRtlLookupPerFileObjectContext, which is used by filter drivers to receive the context of a previous file object; a file object can refer to an actual file or physical hard disk. The IRQL level is fine here, so no functions were being called at the incorrect IRQL level.

Code:
2: kd> !irql
Debugger saved IRQL for processor 0x2 -- 1 (APC_LEVEL)
For crashes involving filter drivers, it is usually related to anti-virus programs or programs which perform interaction with FSD drivers.

From another bugcheck (Stop 0x1E):

Code:
0: kd> lmvm sptd
start end module name
fffff880`0108b000 fffff880`011fe000 sptd T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: sptd.sys
Image path: sptd.sys
Image name: sptd.sys
Timestamp: Sat Mar 03 16:45:52 2012 (4F524AC0)
CheckSum: 0008CE54
ImageSize: 00173000

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove this program, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

R... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306878-3-bsod-row-new-ssd-ram-video-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi On saturday I was playing a videogame and suddenly I got a Blue screen I cleaned up the registry and thought that it was a one time only problem But yesterday I got it again I Video Card BSOD?? rebooted my PC and after minutes I got another BSOD then another and another with different Error messages all pointing to ntoskrnl exe I read that it could have been Video Card BSOD?? a driver problem so I formated my drive and reinstalled Win x minutes on my new clean system and bam another Video Card BSOD?? blue screen And it kept on happening So I removed some drives ran memtest did a chkdsk did an OS check and neither had a single error Then I removed my Video card HD and connected through the onboard card No more Blue screen I thought that it could be the card but I tried it in other computer and it gave me no problem I even tested with another graphics card on my computer and the Blue screens came back So right now I'm thinking Could it be the MotherBoard pci-e socket that it's bad Or maybe my PSU wasnt enough Its a w PSU and my video card needs something around this or more So right now I'm on a budget and I wanted to know Could it be that if I change my PSU for a good one and with vast power that my PC stops showing up these errors Keep in mind that the other card that I tested needs much less than my actual PSU and I ran with no problems before Or what else can I do Any help would be MUCH appreciated

Relevancy 51.6%

First of all excuse my english since im argentinian and havent practice it for long Yes I know im violating the bsod thread rules since im not using those reports you mention there but the reason is that im writing the message from my friends computer and supposed that it had no point running scans on another system be card? video it BSOD - the could but I do attached the dump files see the ones that were generated on BSOD - could it be the video card? october on this message those located on c windows minidump However my computer consists of -CPU Phenom II x Black Edition -Power Supply watt Vitsuba Colossa model an argentinian trademark Id say its an average PSU -MoBo ASUS M a TD-V EVO AMI BIOS ver -RAM Two matched Corssair Gb ddr memos xms dhx model TW X G C DHX G - HD Western Digital Caviar Blue GB - Video Card SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON HD GB DDR w Catalyst ver driver - Windows x Proffessional build Ive been getting the following BSOD this order is similar to that of the appearance but not exactly the same PFN List Corrupt IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL frequent DRIVER IRQL NOT Freq appeared after rebooting several times thanks to the previous one Video Manager has encountered an unexpected error Memory Managment Page fault in Nonpaged area BAD POOL HEADER frequent not certainly the ninth but QUOTA UNDERFLOW All of the bluescreens are random they appear after whatever i do or after any amount of time At First I thought it could be the memory modules which i tested on another computer and worked fine because of the and th BSOD th also Some people believe the problem has to do with the important number of bit applications i run on my bit OS several games and other stuff like downloaders daemon tools etc Notice that the unstability came on my system for periods of time rebooting was a solution until it got practically imposible for me to use it I got scared when i rebooted the last time and it didnt even passed the bios ok screen i figured out that it was the HD unplugging it was sufficient to get the system running the solution was after checking it on another computer worked fine changing it to another sata port on mobo when i reached the win welcome screen the th BSOD appeared I believe this doesnt have anything to do with the main issue When i booted the OS on another computer similar same mobo not the same piece with my very own RAM modules the system worked fine so dar SO WHAT THE HELL COULD BE THE PROBLEM THE VIDEO CARD thats my last shot

A:BSOD - could it be the video card?

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

I would suggest booting up your system and generating the reports that we asked for - then copy them to a flash drive and upload them from your friends computer. Without those reports this could take a very, very long time. If you're not able to get into Windows, then we'll have to do it the hard way!

I'm currently running your memory dumps.
There are 25 of them, dating from 12 Jul 2010 to the present

I'll post more information once they're finished running.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-could-it-be-the-video-card-523719.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just purchased a new video card the other day, switching from a Geforce GT 430 to a radeon hd 6670. I was amazed at how well it increased my performance in games, but after about an hour of playing, it suddenly blue screened on me. I had this problem a few times, and eventually switched the cards back out. I'm no longer having any problems, but this new card is quite a bit better. I really want to keep it, if only I could get rid of the problem with the blue screening. Any help getting it to work right?

Scratch that. It just crashed again with my old card.

A:BSOD with new video card

Helo Alumahai, welcome to SF!

your last dump is caused by a faulty graphics driver. As you seem to be mixing nvidia and ATI, it is not surprising. One of the flaws of the install/de-install software is that they don't de-install well. You have to do something extra.

In this case, as you want to run the better ATI card....

Go here for info on the latest drivers but also how to fully delete the old.
ati driver koppeling

but before you do that, IF your choice is the Radeon, fully delete the nvidia drivers:

Quote:
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Driver Sweeper

Driver Sweeper is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. It's very important to remove your drivers on a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and startup problems. You can use it if you want to update/remove drivers from your system.

How to use ?

There are two methods to use Driver Sweeper.
Both methods achieve the same results. This method is always able to clean all files.

This method will delete remaining files upon reboot (if deleting failed). You can clean your drivers this way:

- Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
- Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
- Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
- Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
- More drivers can be selected for the same cleaning process.

What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).

Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper
When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy, from the manufacturers' site if possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176060-bsod-new-video-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello! My mouse on my costum rig is jacked up and is getting stuck at random points on my screen. Also will jumble around in vry small circles effectively preventing from getting my click on. Im updating drivers now, but not sure if that will fix it as it is getting worse. Custom rig info coming soon, this is my backup pc and unable to access information right now. Suggestions? HELP! Thanks. greenthingsjump

A:BSOD video card

Hello,

Did you make any recent changes to your system; such as, download software or add new hardware?

Have you tried System Restore?

Is the mouse wired or wireless?

Have you tested the mouse on a different computer?

Have you tried a Clean Boot?

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313606-bsod-video-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

OS - Windows Home Premium service pack x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer came pre-installed on system Approximate age of system hardware almost five years Approximate age of OS installation if you know almost five years Have you re-installed the OS no CPU Intel BSOD card Video Core i Video Card Nvidia GeForce gt MotherBoard Power Supply - Corsair w System Manufacturer Gateway Exact model number DX Desktop When playing games I get a BSOD At first this started wed Sept th it would BSOD Video card happen once then after a restart everything would be OK Now though after about five minutes of playing it crashes It seems BSOD Video card to BSOD Video card be about the same amount of time in the game when it crashes now I used a BSOD reader to see that it is something to do with my video card I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and made sure everything is up to date I think it may just be time for a new video card but I'd like to make sure first When not in the game everything works fine it's only when playing a game Thanks for any help in advanced

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-video-card-896106.html
Relevancy 51.6%

alright ill just get right to the point

.did not overclock and just in cause i did reset cmos
.memtest both ram sticks both 10 passes zero errors
.fresh install windows 7 home premium
.update all drivers countless times
.gigabyte bios is is updated version is F7 on the website
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=4130#bios

system spec
.xfx 6850 ghost
.intel core i5-2500
. 2x4GB DDR3 silver line stiletto
.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 4 Classic GA-H61M-DS2H
.corsair H60 hydro cpu cooler
.sliverstone 500w
.seagate 1tb

errors that usually appear in blue screen view
.dxgmms1.sys
.atikmdag.sys
.and ntoskrnl.exe

and the time this is posted is posted this is a fresh install of windows 7

extra details and mini dump in attachment
i just wanna get back to gaming on steam

A:bsod plz help not sure if its ram or video card

Code:
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1e63e, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+31 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, memory
This bugcheck indicates that the Page Frame Number (PFN) list has become corrupted, the PFN list is used by the Memory Manager to organize and access physical pages. The first parameter tells us that a driver has attempted to unlock a page which was still being used for I/O.

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove this program, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.
Update:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07244000 fffff880`07db7000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 29 02:27:04 2013 (5154FBF8)
CheckSum: 00B25604
ImageSize: 00B73000

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

Install the latest WHQL version available from here - Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293537-bsod-plz-help-not-sure-if-its-ram-video-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So a while back I gave my sister my sister my old laptop when I got a new one, and it started to blue screen on her, seemingly at random. I would venture to say its whenever they watch a movie or video, but thats what they use the laptop for mostly, so I can't say thats what is causing the problem. I looked at the .dmp file with BlueScreenView, and it seems that 3 different things may be the problem, but I dont know where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Asus G60Vx, purchased around May of 2010.
Windows 7 x64, with 4.00GB RAM
OEM version of Windows 7, but reinstalled in an attempt to correct the problems.
Nvidia 260M with 1 GB memory

Attached is the blue screen report and the actual dump file from a crash that happened yesterday.

A:Video card associated BSOD?

Quote: Originally Posted by Barkalow

So a while back I gave my sister my sister my old laptop when I got a new one, and it started to blue screen on her, seemingly at random. I would venture to say its whenever they watch a movie or video, but thats what they use the laptop for mostly, so I can't say thats what is causing the problem. I looked at the .dmp file with BlueScreenView, and it seems that 3 different things may be the problem, but I dont know where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Asus G60Vx, purchased around May of 2010.
Windows 7 x64, with 4.00GB RAM
OEM version of Windows 7, but reinstalled in an attempt to correct the problems.
Nvidia 260M with 1 GB memory

Attached is the blue screen report and the actual dump file from a crash that happened yesterday.

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217962-video-card-associated-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi.

I've got a new graphics card installed recently (Sapphire ATI HD5770 PCI-e) and it doesn't seem to like my setup. Had the odd random blue screen but it nearly always crashes coming out of sleep mode. Dunno if its the card or my budget RAM perhaps : ( I have had crashes ocassionally with my previous video card.

I formatted and reinstalled the basics last week hoping this would fix it and it still crashes.

Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium
x86
Original OS
Custom built system
Hardware approx 4 years old
OS 1 year old
AMD Athlon 6000 Dual Core
M2N-e Motherboard
Jeantech 500W PSU

logs attached,

Many thanks for looking at this. Your time is appreciated.

Alex

A:BSOD - RAM or Video Card?

Jeantech 500W PSU are low quality oem and does not have enough amp output on the 12v line

upgrade to a 80+ quality 550w or better

Power Supply Information and Selection - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ram-or-video-card-582172.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I seem to get this crash while playing COD:MW2 . It does not occur immediately, but only after about a minute or so of playing. It started happening after I installed my HD4870 video card (replacing my HD3450).

I've tried numerous drivers from the latest Catalyst 10.2 rolling back to 9.11. They all crash with BSOD and then forced system reboot.

I've ran the memory/system diagnostics scan via command prompt, and it said no errors found.

Please see my dump file attached. THanks for any advice.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-790XTA-UD4
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.94 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.83 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB

A:BSOD after video card upgrade

Quote: Originally Posted by nugentoffer

I seem to get this crash while playing COD:MW2 . It does not occur immediately, but only after about a minute or so of playing. It started happening after I installed my HD4870 video card (replacing my HD3450).

I've tried numerous drivers from the latest Catalyst 10.2 rolling back to 9.11. They all crash with BSOD and then forced system reboot.

I've ran the memory/system diagnostics scan via command prompt, and it said no errors found.

Please see my dump file attached. THanks for any advice.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-790XTA-UD4
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.94 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.83 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB

The cuases of these crashes vary. 2 were from the video driver. 2 were from memory and one was from NTFS.

Since the causes are varied I have a gut feeling that its hardware specifically memory. Therefor I would

download memtestx86 and run for 5 passes
uninstall your video driver , download and install a fresh copy
run a system file check to verify and repair your system files
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>SFC /SCANNOW
Also if you are overclocking STOP

Le us know the results.

Ken

Code:
021810-28922-01.dmp 2/18/2010 8:50:06 PM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 fffff880`e7e36ce0 00000000`0000000b 00000000`00000000 fffff880`07d127e3 atipmdag.sys atipmdag.sys+2867e3 x64
021810-19999-01.dmp 2/18/2010 9:04:46 PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ffffffff`c0000096 fffff800`02c9036d 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64
021810-19453-01.dmp 2/18/2010 9:27:04 PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffff800`00cbf54b 00000000`00000008 fffff800`00cbf54b 00000000`00000002 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64
021810-25740-01.dmp 2/18/2010 10:32:52 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff880`012c6c8d fffff880`02165dd0 00000000`00000000 Ntfs.sys Ntfs.sys+74c8d x64
021810-19063-01.dmp 2/18/2010 10:50:52 PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffff8a0`422a0b2f 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02f8087d 00000000`00000005 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00 x64
021810-19344-01.dmp 2/18/2010 11:09:12 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`000ee9ea fffff880`068c3900 00000000`00000000 win32k.sys win32k.sys+be9ea x64

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder\021810-28922-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a55000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c92e50
Debug session time: Thu Feb 18 21:45:13.311 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:51:06.058
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64809-bsod-after-video-card-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have been having a BSOD problem for about a year now Recently I have installed Radeon Omega Drivers v to work with my Mobility Radeon IGP series trying to fix some video problems and windows has now been able to detect that the cause of my BSOD s is my graphics BSOD card causing Video card I have learned that I shouldn t have upgraded my HP Pavilion zv from windows xp to windows ultimate but since I did I Video card causing BSOD am now trying to see if there is anything I can do to make it work run better I was having audio issues but I have fixed that and now all that remains is to fix my video card issues When I do get a BSOD error I can see the code x e Or something like that not sure how many s Any info or help is much appreciated If you need more info let me know Computer specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card MOBILITY RADEON IGP Series Omega Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C CND G HABCDEF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running WIndows 7 64, at first I had a Geforce 8800 GTS, which worked fine for 3 years, but after moving I started getting red speckles and blank outs and eventually every time I tried logging in I would get a BSOD causes by nvlddmkm.sys. People said my card was dying, so I replaced it with an Asus ENGTX460. That was working fine for a coouple hours, but then that started causing BSOD. After wiping and reinstalling the drivers some more, I can log into Windows, but now the device manager says "windows has stopped this device because its has reported problems" and many applications can't detect the video card. Also the screen is now covered in yellow lines and i really hope this card isn't meeting the same fate as my last one in less than a day.

As the sticky suggested I have collected those dump files into this zip

A:Video Card causing BSOD

Check your RAM with memtest86
Here is a tutorial: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Remove the display drivers using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

Install these drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html
The PCI slot may be damaged leading to "windows has stopped this device because its has reported problems"
Overheating can also be the cause, clean your PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114492-video-card-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all I've recently been having issues with my computer having repeat bluescreens despite having at least what I thought all my hardware BSOD video despite up card to date and respective drivers up to date I recently ran a driversweep and reinstalled my directx as well as myvideo card driver to version to no avail Going to clean my fans for good measure but I figured in the mean time I should ask for help Attached are the files requested as well as the relevant information below What should I do next OS - Windows x -bit What was original installed OS on system Windows the OS is an OEM version -came pre-installed on system Age of system- about year Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS months-yes I have reinstalled the OS once CPU - quadcore Ghz Intel i - QM Video card Nvidia GeForce GTX M MotherBoard - unknown Power Supply - brand amp wattage - unknown System Manufacturer Alienware model M xR Model xxx x ABA

A:BSOD despite up to date video card

From the last 9 all but the very last one are 0x116 Video TDR errors
The last one a 0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL naming the video driver.

Are you using the drivers from the Alienware/dell site or from Nvida?
If the later uninstall and use the Alienware drivers see if that clears it up.

Video TDR's can be caused by drivers or hardware(video card) failing what it basically means is the driver has hung and can not recover, if it stops responding(hangs) and can recover it's x117 and does not BSOD but will display a message on screen.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Thu Oct 25 00:55:59.365 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\102412-11762-01.dmp]
BugCheck D1, {fffff8880a959ff8, 2, 1, fffff8800f171aa3}
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+dfaa3 )
Bugcheck code 000000d1
Arguments:

Arg1: fffff8880a959ff8, memory referenced

Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL

Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation

Arg4: fffff8800f171aa3, address which referenced memory
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Oct 25 00:38:55.543 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\102412-14102-01.dmp]
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800435d010, fffff88003d1d704, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
Probably caused by : nvkflt.sys ( nvkflt+31704 )
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:

Arg1: fffffa800435d010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).

Arg2: fffff88003d1d704, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debug session time: Thu Oct 25 00:35:52.132 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\102412-13306-01.dmp]
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80040dc4e0, fffff880040c0704, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:

Arg1: fffffa80040dc4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).

Arg2: fffff880040c0704, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debug session time: Thu Oct 25 00:33:01.502 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\102412-13790-01.dmp]
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80069ef4e0, fffff88003c82704, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:

Arg1: fffffa80069ef4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).

Arg2: fffff88003c82704, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debug session time: Wed Oct 24 09:37:45.194 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\102412-13852-01.dmp]
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800441a4e0, fffff88004520704, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:

Arg1: fffffa800441a4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery conte... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-despite-up-to-date-video-card-672427.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Recently my pc is lagging so much meaning everything is slow clicking opening files and all that I thought it was my RAM or Processor but the thing is it was my Graphics Card Then just now I turned off PC and tried to get it back on but sadly it won't boot up and only appearing on screen was quot No Signal quot Then I thought it could be my Graphics Card you can see what I am using in my specs So what I did was I removed my Graphics Card and then put the plug into the VGA then I successfully boot up without any problems and lags However I cannot stay without Graphics Card because I'm an online gamer and regarding Video/Graphics Card BSOD my game won't work without Graphics Card it works with VGA but the game is very laggy and I cannot play anymore Now I want to ask if the Graphics Card was dead or not and I have to replace or I just need to do something I have attached the minidump file in Windows Minidump folder Also the SF Diagnostic I hope you could help me figure out my problem BSOD regarding Video/Graphics Card and what to do Thank you and best regards to all people here Edited I forgot to tell that after I removed my graphics card I'm still receiving BSOD my screen will crash then Blue screen then off

A:BSOD regarding Video/Graphics Card

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
If these two tests come free from errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.
__________________________________________________________________________________
BSOD ANALYSIS:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, 828b7a46}

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiDeliverApc+e1 )

---------

kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 828b7a46, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8297084c
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 8294fe20

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiDeliverApc+e1
828b7a46 8908 mov dword ptr [eax],ecx

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: DF5Serv.exe

TRAP_FRAME: 8f741b1c -- (.trap 0xffffffff8f741b1c)
ErrCode = 00000002
eax=00000000 ebx=82c1fb48 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=86354064 edi=86356030
eip=828b7a46 esp=8f741b90 ebp=8f741bc4 iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010246
nt!KiDeliverApc+0xe1:
828b7a46 8908 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292380-bsod-regarding-video-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I just recently did a major overhaul of my system replacing everything aside from my video card, PSU and hard drives. I also went from Windows 7 RC to a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium using upgrade media. I had no problems at all when running the RC, however I'm getting blue screens that always involve atikmpag.sys. Here's my system as it is now:

Core i5 750
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2
2 x 2 GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Corsair TX650W

I have never had any issues with this card before. I've tried a number of things to fix this issue (re-installing catalyst drivers, updating mobo's BIOS, setting PCI-E freq to 100Mhz) but none of them are working, and google isn't turning up any answers. Anyone have any ideas what I could do to try to fix this short of getting an Nvidia card?

A:Random BSOD, video card is probably the cause

Quote: Originally Posted by becktionary

I just recently did a major overhaul of my system replacing everything aside from my video card, PSU and hard drives. I also went from Windows 7 RC to a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium using upgrade media. I had no problems at all when running the RC, however I'm getting blue screens that always involve atikmpag.sys. Here's my system as it is now:

Core i5 750
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2
2 x 2 GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870
Corsair TX650W

I have never had any issues with this card before. I've tried a number of things to fix this issue (re-installing catalyst drivers, updating mobo's BIOS, setting PCI-E freq to 100Mhz) but none of them are working, and google isn't turning up any answers. Anyone have any ideas what I could do to try to fix this short of getting an Nvidia card?

Welcome and glad you found Win7Forum.

I have read others having the same problems after loading the latest drivers
Version 10.1
At the moment the only solution is to install version 9.12 which works.
This will get you going until a new fixed driver arrives for Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65034-random-bsod-video-card-probably-cause.html