Windows Support Forum

Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

Q: Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

Hi all
I am trying to create a Excel document with Office Starter. However, some of the gridlines disappeared as I was working on it. Note: only some of them. I want to be able to print the gridlines, but they are still missing in print preview. Nothing I have tried has brought it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

Have you considered the free LibreOffice?  It contains a pretty much compatible version of Office and it's free.  Of course you could spend $150 or so and buy something like the Home and Student version of Office too.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538440/word-starter-excel-missing-some-gridlines/
Relevancy 101.06%

Hi all
I am trying to create a Excel document with Office Starter. However, some of the gridlines disappeared as I was working on it. Note: only some of them. I want to be able to print the gridlines, but they are still missing in print preview. Nothing I have tried has brought it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

Bonnieclark said:

Nothing I have tried has brought it back.Click to expand...

Might help us to help you if you told us what you have tried. Most members do not have clairvoyant powers.

What is the version number of Excel that you are using? Don't know if there are other starter versions besides 2010.

Among the things you have tried, have you specifically tried changing the border settings around selected groups of cells and between the cells in a selected group of cells?

EDIT: If the MS-Excel file isn't too large and doesn't contain any private or sensitive data, you could upload it in a post for us to check out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-starter-excel-missing-some-gridlines.1128183/
Relevancy 101.06%

Hi all

A:Word Starter Excel missing some gridlines

Do you have a fill color set? The default is none. The disappearing grid is a common "feature" when a fill color is set but the lines should still print if you have selected print gridlines.

Select the cell range or a single cell and check it there's fill color set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/335346-word-starter-excel-missing-some-gridlines.html
Relevancy 100.19%

This program is so frustrating! I am used to using a full version of Word and the Starter version is much leaner.

I can't figure out how to remove the grid lines from my blank doc template or documents made from it. I even tried making a new blank doc template but the gridlines appeared there, too.

There is no "View" option in the toolbar and for the life of me, I cant figure out how to remove the gridlines. I know that I somehow added it recently but i don't recall how; I have gone to all the toolbar menus and not found a mention of gridlines. the MS website didn't help either.

Can you help me? many thanks

A:Gridlines problem w Word Starter

was having this same problem. found the answer here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...i-remove/70b48726-0555-4f32-9c4c-d3ff9d145384

in case the link doesn't work it's under the "page layout" tab then over on the right where it says "align" there is a drop down menu where you can uncheck the "View Gridlines"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gridlines-problem-w-word-starter.997560/
Relevancy 85.57%

In word 2000 when making labels it would show you the gridlines so you knew the margins of your label.

In word 2002 you can't see the margins. Does anyone know how to turn this on?

Relevancy 66.65%

I hope I don't sound too dumb here, but, I'd like to know if there is a way to make the gridlines in a table another color. Like say red or green. I'm not very proficient in making tables and I'm stumped!
B

A:Microsoft Word-Color Gridlines

Select the table - Format - Borders and Shading - Borders - select Grid (or whatever suits) and Color - pick from the dropdown list

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-color-gridlines.465732/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am working on an Excel spreadsheet and some of the gridlines have disappeared When I go to Font and click on No Fill nothing happens I was told that sometimes the grid gets whited out 2007 Excel have disappeared gridlines Some but obviously that wasn't the Some Excel 2007 gridlines have disappeared case here I have seen the same thing happen last year using Excel and for the life of me I couldn't find a way to restore the gray gridlines Some Excel 2007 gridlines have disappeared In both case only some gridlines have disappeared i see gridlines checked so that's not the problem I also find navigating the ribbon is a nightmare and have to do a Google search to find each entry I wish they left the format of this program the way it was in Excel as it as way more intuitive Now I can use the spreadsheet as all other functions work but it's extremely frustrating that I can't find a way to restore those gridlines I know I can add them as borders but they are darker and that isn't really getting to the root of the problem At this point I'm more curious than inconvenienced as I hate having unsolved riddles Any ideas are appreciated Thanks Mark

A:Some Excel 2007 gridlines have disappeared

You may have added white borders to those cells, which would make them look like they have no gridlines.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556330/some-excel-2007-gridlines-have-disappeared/
Relevancy 66.65%

The original file had lined separation of cells but, for some reason, all the cells are now separated by gridlines. This wasn't the case when first used this file and I must have done something to create this but now I can't see a way of undoing it. My other Excel 2016 files have cells separated by lines not gridlines so something had happened with this file.

A:Excel 2016 lines have all become Gridlines

Hello godzilla1347. 

I realise that it's some time since your post, but I thought I would offer this suggestion anyway:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Show-or-hide-gridlines-on-a-worksheet-in-Excel-2016-for-Windows-94d09fd7-e3f8-43df-83c9-e7a21f2526cd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610709/excel-2016-lines-have-all-become-gridlines/
Relevancy 66.65%

In Excel 97, is there a way to make "gridlines" the default setting in Page Setup, Sheet?

A:Excel 97: Print Gridlines by Default

Find the location of the XLSTART folder on your PC and write down the path.

Also, double-click the folder and see if there is a file in there called personal.xls. If NOT, follow the directions under #1. If there is, follow #2.

New Excel workbook.
Turn gridlines on.
File-Save as.
Call it personal.xls and save it in the XLSTART folder.
While still open, hit Window-Hide.
Save again.
Close Excel.

Open the file called personal.xls.
Hit Window-Unhide.
Turn gridlines on.
Hit Window-Hide.
Save again.
Close Excel.

When you open Excel again, this should be turned on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-97-print-gridlines-by-default.55830/
Relevancy 66.65%

I found that someone else had the same problem in a closed thread. I had created a spreadsheet and had increased the size of the cells. When I tried the remedy suggested--go to format>view>pattern tab and click on No Pattern, what happened was that gridliness were restored but at the original size not the size of my new cells (in the areas I designated for restoration.

I would simply like to restore gridlines to the spreadsheet to conform to the expanded size of the cells as present.

Thanks,

Mark

Relevancy 66.65%

I want to hide the grid lines in an excel spreadsheet. I went to page setup, sheet, and the print gridline box is not checked, but when I print worksheet, the grid lines show. How do I get hide them?

Relevancy 66.65%

For reasons unknown, there is a black gridline in one of my worksheets. Even if I opt to view the worksheet without gridlines, it is still there. How can I make it a normal blue gridline? "HELP" was no help on this question.

Relevancy 66.22%

Whether it is an exisiting document or a new document opened in word tiny boxes appear on the worksheet which will not turn off.
Originally I thought they may have been just gridlines but when you toggle the hide/show gridlines more lines just show up or disappear leaving the original lines (Boxes) intact.
I have never seen anything like this before and am stumped.

any help would be appreciated.

A:Ms Word displays little boxes which cannot be turned of (Not Gridlines)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-displays-little-boxes-which-cannot-be-turned-of-not-gridlines.731095/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have moved most of the column lines by "hand", but there's a section that just will not move over.
I've even tried using the ruler to move it.

Any suggestions?

Also, how do I find what WordPerfect calls "reveal codes" in Word? Maybe that could also help.

Thanks sooooo much for your help!!

A:Word 2000 Table Gridlines don't line up

"Also, how do I find what WordPerfect calls "reveal codes" in Word?"
You, will not find such a thing as there is none.

Word 2000 is a VERY old version, and it has been a long time since I have seen it.
But, at the top of the table, select the column and then try and double click the column indicators in the ruler.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-table-gridlines-dont-line-up.1091428/
Relevancy 66.22%

After closing out of a document in MS Word 2000 and then reopening it, the table gridlines that I have hidden appear once again on the screen. Also, when I email the table as a word attachment with the gridlines hidden, the gridlines automatically reappear in the document when the attachment is opened with Word 2000. How can I hide the gridlines permanently from viewers of Word documents using Word 2000? The Help feature in Word 2000 does not address this issue. Interestingly, the problem does not occur when opening the same document with Word 2003. Thanks.

A:Hiding Gridlines in MS Word 2000 Tables

The grid lines are controlled by the local copy of Word. The grid can not be turn off in a document and expect it to be not visible the another machine has the grid turned on.

The "Borders" are what can be controlled within the document.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-gridlines-in-ms-word-2000-tables.918595/
Relevancy 65.79%

When I open a spreadsheet now there are no fridlines. Previously I had solid gray gridlines and after fiddling with the settings I can now produce gray dotted gridlines. See attachment. How do I get default gray solid gridlines?

After hours of research online, I discovered the problem - the contrast brightness setting on my monitor. Problem solved.

A:Solved: OFFICE 2012 - Excel gridlines gone

Strange at it may sound - when you go to select the Grid Line Color, the top bar of the Color Box has a Color Square and says Automatic. Pick the color Red, just to follow this. Now, you will see the color Red in the Gridline Color selection. Select to change the color again, and you will see the same color square you saw before, and the word Automatic. The Color of the square did not change, and does not indicate the color being used. Click on the word Automatic, and you will get the Automatic setting, instead of the dotted gridlines that you get when you select a specific color (like Black). Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2012-excel-gridlines-gone.1085049/
Relevancy 65.79%

Grid lines from Exel XP do not show up in IExplorer bowser.

A:Excel 2002: Gridlines Don't Show in HTML

Can you not add cell borders to the data (or to the whole page) in the Excel sheet before saving it as a web page?

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2002-gridlines-dont-show-in-html.59989/
Relevancy 65.79%

I successfully copied my Lotus spreadsheets onto Excel 2007, BUT:

1) when it gets there, it looses the grid lines - no matter that the gridline checkmark is on. I really do need those gridlines.

2) In Lotus I could use keystrokes for copying (such as cell formulas, which would then retain their relative function, or range and cell formatting, etc. Is there a way in Excel to do that, rather than having to go to Home, etc. and using multiple mouse clicks?

Relevancy 65.79%

I have raised an Excel 2003 spreadsheet and wanted to show grid lines in it. I have followed the routine "Tools/Options/View" and made sure the grid lines box is checked, but when I print the document none are showing. Can anyone suggest how I can correct his please?

Relevancy 65.36%

I have Excel 2002. I copied a table from a web page and pasted it into Excel. All the info went into cells as it should have, but some of the gridlines are gone. Tools --> Otions --> Views has gridlines checked. Changing the gridline color does not bring them back. Turning off the gridlines view option and turning it back on does not bring them back. And not of the cells are outlined in the cell format borders option. Have seen this before but the sheet was unimportant so I did not pursue.

Thanks!

Relevancy 64.5%

Interesting problem,

I have a AMD Radeon HD 6300 series adapter, running windows 7 x64. I have a dual monitor setup, the same monitor on each port an Acer S230hl. One port is an HDMI the other is a VGA. the issue i have is that when i have a worksheet open i can see the gridlines to the cells on the HDMI connected monitor, if i move the sheet over to the vga monitor the gridlines are so light i cannot make out the different cells. it looks like one clean sheet of white paper. i tried different contrast and brightness settings and no luck. anyone have some ideas, or maybe had the same problem and found a fix?

thank you.

The bear

A:Excel does not show gridlines on both monitors in a dual monitor setup

thebear, do you mind creating and uploading a screenshot?
Here is how-to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/278375-excel-does-not-show-gridlines-both-monitors-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I have a chart on excel 2007 which I have put major and minor gridelines on. When I go to print the chart the gridlines do not show on the printed sheet, they are however visible on the "Print Preview". Any suggestions?

Thanks

Relevancy 63.64%

I just upgraded Vista-->W7. Prior to doing so, my Vista install had a Word and Excel icon in the Taskbar + both applications appeared under Start, Programs, Microsoft Office. However, I cannot find either Word or Excel under Start Programs either under MSO or independently. The applications are present since they load if I click on one of their corresponding files.

What happened to the apps?

Thanks,

Mark

A:Missing Word + Excel

Type winword into the start search box - this should present a list of items matching this in the area above

Right click on the Winword item and choose Open file location - you can create short-cuts from here

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/31883-missing-word-excel.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello. Thank you to all who helped me reformat my system. Everything seems to be working OK, but I seem to have lost Excel and Word. I do use them. Any idea on how I get them back?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,When I click on the Help button in both programs , this is what I get:CL Viewer can't display HelpCL Viewer cannot install the necessary files due to Window Installer error 2The system cannot find the file specifiedI have run the 2007 Diagnostics and it says it cannot find a problem.Is there perhaps a file I can activated that is somewhere in the Office 2007 main file?

A:Office 2007 -word And Excel "help" Files Missing

Hi billibo

I don't know if this is relevant, but I had a problem a couple of days ago and found that my Windows Installer Service had somehow been disabled. Resetting this to manual fixed things for me. Something to check anyway. (Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services).

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141579/office-2007-word-and-excel-help-files-missing/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have recently reinstalled (via recovery) my 64-bit Win 7 Home premium . Every thing else is fine, except for office 2007. The program was installed successfully but office files didn't show their respective icons. For the first time for every office file (e.g Word or Excel document) I have to chose the program to run the file. Now though on clicking any office file they opened in the respective office program but still their icons are like office is not installed.

The 2nd issue is on the right click new menu the option of new word & excel document is missing. It did try to apply registery solution I found here there but either they don't work or I don't know how to apply them.

Please Help.

A:Word & Excel options is missing in right click new menu

First thing to try would be doing a repair on the Office 2007 installation. Typically if you are missing something it may not have completed properly. Just insert the Office 2007 disc, and then select repair. It should go through and fix any issues and install any missing components the previous setup did not complete.

If that does not work, you may need to completely uninstall Office 2007, reboot and then re-install Office. At that point I would recommend a full install or complete install versus the typical install. This will make sure that you are installing all components.

Let me know if you have any issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excel-options-is-missing-in-right-click-new-menu.984762/
Relevancy 59.34%

I was cleaning some old versions of my Internet connection software using Windows Add Remove Programs when it seemed to freeze on the uninstallation After minutes of no progress I ended the program and rebooted my computer After restarting I noticed that all data file icons saved on my desktop were missing including Excel files Word documents and JPGs desktop icons JPEG) Word, saved data (Excel, Missing file and on The only icons on my desktop were the usual programs and Missing data file icons saved on desktop (Excel, Word, and JPEG) shortcuts My Computer Recycle Bin etc as well as all the folders I had saved But again the folders were all empty of any data files they only had the subdirectory folders which also were empty Missing data file icons saved on desktop (Excel, Word, and JPEG) Even sets of folders that go down or levels had no files in them The best way to explain it is like a tree with all the branches still in place down to the twigs but all of the leaves missing For example in the My Pictures directory I can still see the subdirectories for folders of Baby pictures Holiday pictures Vacation pictures etc but all the subfolders are empty as well Basically any data file XLS DOC JPG AVI WMV etc saved anywhere on my Desktop is gone The only data files I still have are saved in C subdirectories but anything in C Windows Users Desktop is gone Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated I ve been looking online on various help and tip boards but haven t seen any problem described which is even close to this I ve checked for any viruses and not found anything and also tried restoring my computer Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-data-file-icons-saved-on-desktop-excel-word-and-jpeg.143258/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Team Installed Office bit on Windows bit nbsp Installation was successful but soon as we try to launch Excel Word etc this error api-ms-win-crt-heap-l - - dll is missing pops up Is it the issue with VC REDIST update not getting installed correctly along with MS Office but installation was fine without any errors We tried reinstalling VC REDIST it can an option to repair and uninstall as if its already there and so we removed and tried installing again and got quot Unspecified error quot Came to know for installing VC nbsp REDIST need to have a patch installed Windows -KB -x msu which is already available in MSOffice installation folder under hotfixes Tried manual installation of nbsp Windows -KB -x msu and it said this is not applicable to your machine So forcefully installed this nbsp Windows -KB -x msu using DISM exe command and it 8.1 2016 bit Errors 64 etc) in 64 Gives installation api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll like is Office open bit (Excel,Word missing does not after Windows got installed And after the above patch installation installed VC REDIT update successfully Tried launching Excel got the same error as mentioned earlier Uninstalled Office and Reinstalled with REDIST already installed still same error on opening Excel etc nbsp but only this VC REDIST will get installed if we try VC REDIST normal setup without update it will give error we tried after removing the existing VC REDIST with update Please suggest help how to fix is it a compatibilty issue with Windows and Office Thanks Jos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65d66711-9e54-4f12-a8ec-8e3b66f98710/office-2016-64-bit-excelword-etc-does-not-open-after-installation-in-windows-81-64-bit-gives?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

Recently, I'm having slow file loading while opening ms word files and excel files directly from windows explorer. It takes a minute to load, however it opens immediately if I open .doc files or .xls files directly from their application software. It also take a minute for MS Word and Excel software to shut down.

I have run my antivirus (Symantec) and MBAM but they all show no virus was found. I'm not sure what should I do next, please advice.

A:Microsoft Word & Excel - problem with opening files in Word and Excel

What version of Word & Excel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303338/microsoft-word-excel-problem-with-opening-files-in-word-and-excel/
Relevancy 55.47%

Tried to open the program this morning and it says Cannot be opened, try again, or repair in control panel. When I open control panel, not sure what to do? Application manager says program is downloading in the background, but is done??? Help!

A:Word Starter 2010

In the control panel, add/remove programs...select the program that your wanting to repair...right click it and select repair.

Not sure what program you're referring to that's downloading and done? I'd reboot and recheck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/word-starter-2010-a-805393.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This is really pissing me off.

When I try to center a line in Word Starter 2010, the line directly below it also centers & this is NOT what I want. Can anyone tell me how to make this stop?

A:Word Starter 2010

The solution offered here,

Microsoft word 2010 trying to center a single line and changes the - Microsoft Community

Indicates that you need to make them separate paragraphs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374003-word-starter-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Word Starter OEM just disappeared from my Windows 7 laptop after 15 months use. Can I get it back? or is there an expiration on this software

A:Word Starter OEM disappeared.

It was a trial installation that required you to upgrade it by purchasing MSOffice before it expired. Unfortunately, it typically isn't present in the Recovery partition so there isn't anything you can do about it now.

The only option is to purchase MSOffice, or use a free product like LibreOffice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/338381-word-starter-oem-disappeared.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi. I had word starter installed but have had to have a new hard drive fitted how do I get word starter back?

A:Solved: word starter

did you use the recovery DVDs or make the DVDs from the old harddrive ?

Starter was supplied free by certain manufacturers and you would need the recovery DVDs from the manufacturer to get starter back.

it used to be available on MS site for download but was removed a few month back

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/starter/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...oft-Office-Starter-been-wiped-from-my-PC.html

there are free alternatives around

open office apache http://www.openoffice.org/
libre office http://www.libreoffice.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-starter.1114628/
Relevancy 55.47%

I bought a Toshiba Satellite C640 with Word 2010 (Windows 7) already installed. Suddenly after 3 months I have to go online to open any existing Word file ... if I try to open any Word file ... message pops up that I have to wait for Word TO DOWNLOAD. Word is on the system OFFLINE .... why do I need to go online to open Word. Please can somebody help. Thank you

Relevancy 55.47%

The "Details" option in the file menu format (on both Word and Excel) does not any longer display the date and time of the last file update. I have a Windows XP Home Version. Got any tips on how to restore this data? Thanks. --Jazzguy

Relevancy 55.04%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2390T CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8174 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD RADEON HD 6450, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942205 MB, Free - 869298 MB; D: Total - 11560 MB, Free - 1378 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AC2
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

Where can I find the free version of Microsoft Word Starter 2010. Thank You

A:Microsoft Word Starter 2010

You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/office-2010.aspx?q=office+2010 but you only get it free for a month, after that you have to pay for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-starter-2010.1114472/
Relevancy 55.04%

PLEASE HELP!!!! I am doing a project and it's due tomorrow!!! I need to know if you are able to convert Microsoft word starter 2010 documents into Microsoft word 2007 documents!!!!! I can only print with Microsoft word 2007 but I only have the microsoft word starter 2010. Please respond ASAP!!!!

A:Microsoft word starter 2010

They are compatible with one another so you are fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-word-starter-2010-a-639690.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Good Morning,

I recently bought a new computer and it came with Microsoft Office Starter. Using Microsoft Word Starter I made a document showing some items I collect in one column and what I paid for them in another column. I finished and saved it. This morning when I went to look at it the items they were not lined up from side to side like I had them. I need to do it again and was wondering what I did wrong. Also there is a space between the lines about a 1/2 tall. Is there a way I can shorten that up like the text you are reading here? With the big gap between lines it takes two pieces of paper to print the same amount that could be on one page. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Relevancy 55.04%

I was reading over my previous posts and answers and at the time I wasn t clear with my questions or answers starter Solved: Click-to-Run Word and I bought a new HP that has MS Office as well as MS Office Starter and MS Office Click-to-Run Not only does my AV pick up a Malware from Starter but a scan lists a dozen or more Solved: Word starter and Click-to-Run adwares from MS Office My question - as long as I have the full MS Office installed can I safely uninstall the other two mentioned above or do I have to keep them all I have Open Office and it works fine What are the advantages of MS Office and why should I keep it Last question If the Malware isn t part of Office where did it come from I don t do a lot of searching don t go to sites that are notorious Solved: Word starter and Click-to-Run for infections and in general am very careful about taking care of this computer Thanks again for your expertise nbsp

A:Solved: Word starter and Click-to-Run

MS Office Starter 2010 is free, but is limited and contains advertising, which is why your anti-virus complains.

I think that MS Office Click-to-Run is a way for the impatient to buy Office online. Maybe I misunderstand it.

I would uninstall both of those, but I can see advantages for people with different needs and wants.

Did you buy MS Office or do you just have a trial version? If the former the advantage to keeping it should be obvious. Probably it's the latter, and the advantage is that you could experiment and see if there are any features in it that Open Office doesn't have and that are worth paying for before the trial period ends.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-starter-and-click-to-run.967968/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been using this for several years but today it quit working. When I try to open it I get the message "microsoft word starter 2010 cannot be opened repair in control panel". When I attempted to repair it in control panel it said all info would be lost, so I stopped. Unfortunately, I have some documents that I saved to a file and it requires word starter to open it. So, I don't want to lose them if there is any way to get around it. So far the only thing I have done is reboot the computer but it didn't help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-starter-2010.1166803/
Relevancy 55.04%

Could someone pls direct me to where I can get help re a formatting question with Excel Starter 2010? I know this is the Chillout Room and not the correct place. (I want to put my data in date order with the corresponding info in the rows also moved. I don't want to just sort one column, I want all the corresponding info attached in the rows to move also if you understand my question). Many thanks for taking the time.

A:Pls help newbie Excel Starter 2010

Hi Azurepink, welcome to 7F!

Try this page: Excel 2010 Sorting Data be sure to check out the video to the right visuals make learning easier.

Check out the multiple columns section here: Excel Easy | Sort

And here is a YouTube search: Sorting in Excel 2010

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/375403-pls-help-newbie-excel-starter-2010-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am thankful for the volunteers at BC good morning to all Everything was fine last opened 2010 Word Microsoft cannot Starter be night but this morning no Word Excel Starter docs will open The popup reads Microsoft Word Starter cannot be opened Try again or repair the product in Control Panel I did this Change Repair from Control Panel and got this message Repair Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Repairing Microsoft Office Starter - English was unsuccessful because an internet Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened connection is required Ensure your computer can access the internet and try again I think it's obvious I do have internet access because I'm submitting Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened this topic but apparently MSFT Office doesn't know this I opened Click-to-Run Application Manager at the Control Panel and got the same error message as above Snip attached I restarted and attempted the Change Repair from the Control Panel with the same results From glancing in Microsoft Community concerning this I see that those for whom the repair would not work were encouraged to uninstall Microsoft Word Starter at Control Panel then go to Start gt Programs gt Microsoft Office gt click use click open then reinstall Office Starter however each said this didn't work as there is no use option available plus there's an error that Click-to-Run Application Manager won't function I tried to do System Restore back to but I'm still getting the same unable to successfully restore error x that we attempted to deal with in this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t why-doesnt-windows-notify-me-about-updates I am still unable to do a system restore from a restore point Snip attached Right now however I truly need access to my Word and Excel docs Thank you for your help jackiemarie

A:Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened

Uninstall/reinstall the Office suite.  Then add any security updates and SPs that have been issued for that version.

Let us know how that works.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595947/microsoft-word-starter-2010-cannot-be-opened/
Relevancy 54.61%

My cursor jumps all over the p;age. It is not my heavy typing hand. Things I have tried to no avail as follows:

I have tried 'touchFreeze' that disables the the touch pad no help,

I tried- run - control mouse - options - clear enhanced pointer precision - no help.

toshiba suggested reinstalling word starter- any suggestion?s

A:erratic cursor pointer word starter

does the problem occur only in Word or in general on your computer?

Do you have a mouse connected to your laptop and if yes, is it turned on? It might be caused directly by your mouse (i.e. defected laser - quirky surface).

If not mouse is present, can you normally use the touchpad at all times otherwise? Does your laptop (along with the touchpad) become too hot? You can disable the touchpad on any laptop without the need for third-party software. Just go to your Mouse settings from your Windows Control Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/230964-erratic-cursor-pointer-word-starter.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought a HP Mini with windows seven starter and while trying to run Word from a flash drive I received a message saying in effect that Starter? 7 Word Windows with [SOLVED] 2007 the operating system was not compatible with the program After some research I've found that Microsoft claims that Windows seven is completely compatible with the entire Office suite of programs so I have to conclude that the quot starter quot version of Windows is the only version that is incompatible with Word Is this correct If it is true that Windows starter won't run Word but the higher versions will I'll just do the anytime upgrade to Home Premium - though I won't like having to spend an additional eighty bucks for something as basic as running older software I've also considered buying Word but on Microsoft's website it states that it's not compatible with Vista Service pack which is what I'm running on the computer I'm using now Can anyone confirm or deny this I apologize if these issues have been covered but I ran a quick search and couldn't find anything Thanks in advance for the help it's greatly appreciated edit I just thought of something else does the Home Premium edition of Windows run Word or would I have to upgrade to an even higher version - Professional or Ultimate - to [SOLVED] Word 2007 with Windows 7 Starter? be able to use Word Sheez what a headache

A:[SOLVED] Word 2007 with Windows 7 Starter?

I can find no mention of limitations regarding installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 starter.

Please upload a screenshot of the exact error message if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-word-2007-with-windows-7-starter-537817.html
Relevancy 54.61%

In my Word Stater 2010 window, in the Print Display mode; the document is only a tiny 1 inch by 1.5 inch size.

How do I get the working doucment on the screen to be full sized in the "Print Display" mode, so I can use it??

Thank you, Ed-L

A:Word Starter 2010 doc display size

Try zooming in: Microsoft Word Lessons and Tutorials - Print Preview

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/word-starter-2010-doc-display-size-680066.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows 7 home edition installed
on my laptop. and here previously
Microsoft word starter 2010 use to
smoothly run on it. but just before a few
days it's just not opening an is stuck at
processing window to open it.. and in the
notification bar I see some notice pops
out saying......
"Microsoft office is loading the required
features.
Microsoft office may appear unresponsive
temporarily as required files are
downloaded"
this notification keeps coming once I try
to open ms word.. and in my process list
there is no such things I find.
I got this ms office preinstalled at the
time of purchase only..
please help.. I'm just not able to do any
of my work on it related to word.
thank u so much in advance.. waiting
for my query to be solved..

A:MS word starter 2010 stopped responding

Have you used a "Registry Cleaner" of one of those "Speed up my PC" programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-starter-2010-stopped-responding.1075589/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have initiated the 'Word Starter' on my new pc, Word started off ok and I managed to create a letter template, but now when I open Word and use it I find that it does not close down, the little blue circle starts and nothing happens... then it says 'Not Responding' and I have to click the red x again and a box comes up asking me to re-start or close Word, and after a short period it closes down.???
Ken

A:Microsoft Word Starter 2010 problem

Apparently this problem has been happening for quite a while. It happened to me as well with a Dell Vostro laptop and most recently with a Sony Vaio laptop.

MS Office Starter 2010 - Hesitation, Typing delays, Not Responding - Microsoft Answers

My solution was to uninstall the Office Starter and use the free OpenOffice. It's a full suite and compatible with MS Office.

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/220784-microsoft-word-starter-2010-problem.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I use Word Starter on Windows 7 and want to remove the Microsoft advertising panel on the right of the screen which takes up too much space . On the left is a "navigation" panel which I can close but I can't find any way of getting rid of the one on the right . It's headed up " Get Started" but is an advertising block currently pushing Office 365 but is an unnecessary distraction which I don't want . Am I stuck with this as part of the Word Starter package ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-starter-layout-with-adverts.1122949/
Relevancy 54.61%

Monday July All of a sudden after my last computer shutdown I could not access any of the documents I created with my free version of MS Word Starter I keep getting the following message Word cannot open the document user does not have access privileges I've tried all my usual quick fixes Shutting down my PC and restarting Starting in Safe Mode and restarting Disabling all my anti-virus and anitmalware programs Nothing works One other note after I shut down my PC and restarted it my free version of the Panda Cloud Anti-virus program notified me on startup that it had updated my Panda Cloud Anti -virus program which now says it is Fortunately I can still access all these MS word docs using Apache's Open Offices' free word program But I still would like to be able use the MS Word Starter program Thanx in advance for any help or assistance Gramps Moderator edit and note post moved to more appropriate forum jgw

A:Free MS Word Starter 2010 Problem

Gramps33,
You might try
" You might want to uninstall Office Starter and re-install.
Uninstall it from the contorl panel.
When it is done, go back to the Windows Start menu and programs and click on Microsoft Office 2010, then select Use in the first dialog and than Open on the second one.
That will re-install Office Starter."

Found here;
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010se-office_install/office-2010-starter-cannot-be-opened/65aca189-ed86-4e9b-b3a3-16d840194333

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500440/free-ms-word-starter-2010-problem/
Relevancy 54.61%

On the Word Starter that is preloaded on my HP 2000 the paper size has been srunk down so small I cannot even read what I write. I need to get back to the right size. I hit somethings that made the paper size small but I cannot find how to get it back to the right size. Help me out

A:Microsolf Word Starter/paper size ?

Should be in the Page Setup, change to the wanted size and then select the "Default" button.

The Default button sets the current entries as the "Default". It does NOT reset back to what was default as a lot of users think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsolf-word-starter-paper-size.1045445/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought a Toshiba lap-top, Windows 7, with Microsoft Word Starter 2010 pre-installed.

In a blank document the pre-set margins do not function on the screen. When I type, the letters just keep going on and on to the right. If I look at the "print display" it shows the letters correctly on the page.

If I customize the margins the same thing happens --- the margins do not stop the letters from just going on one line to the right into infinity.

So, therefore, I do not have a WYSIWYG page view. How do I get the margins to work properly?

Please advise, Thank you Ed-L

A:Word Starter 2010 margins not working

What you describe suggests that you're viewing documents in "Web Layout" mode, where the page margins are ignored.
You need to change the view to "Print Layout", you'll then see that the text is 'wrapped' at the margins.

To change to "Print Layout" view, click the View tab, then click the Print Layout button.

Note: instruction applies to Word 2007 as I don't have 2010 version

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-starter-2010-margins-not-working.1081209/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just got a brand new computer for work that has Windows 7 as an operating system and came with Excel Starter. I created a scheduling worksheet on excel that I want to have on my desktop(I schedule 4 people as part of my job); my problem is that I would like to get rid of all the extra pages in each sheet. i.e. I would like to have pages for scheduling in August in Sheet1 but JUST those pages, not the bazillions of extras that are also there. Is this possible?

Relevancy 54.18%

I am unable to print excel worksheets. I have excel starter 2010 and an Epson c88 printer. When I attempt to print a worksheet I get the error message stating Excel cannot connect with my printer.

A:starter excel 2010 does not recognize printer

Hi and welcome to TSF do you have a update driver for win 7 Epson Stylus C88, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.
have you checked the troubleshooting and FAQ's Epson Stylus C88, Overview - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.
there are a few suggestions here Some of my Excel files will not print using Windows7. The same files - Microsoft Answers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/starter-excel-2010-does-not-recognize-printer-605463.html
Relevancy 53.75%

The only way I can get any MS office programs to open is to right click and choose the "open with" option. I check the box to Use as default, but they still won't open the next time.
I tried run > winword /r to reset word, but that didn't help either.
All the icons are the same, a little blue chemistry beaker.
In properties, the type of files say they are, "FFV files (docx), FFV files (xlsx), etc".
How do I get these files to open the normal double click way?

A:Excel and Word files will not open in Excel and Word

Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Start > Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Aside from that if the file types are "FFV files (docx), FFV files (xlsx), etc", that suggests you've installed some other software that has taken over the file associations. In that case, you might consider uninstalling that software; otherwise you'll need to reset the file associations, by right-clicking each Office file-type (docx, xlsx, etc.) and using Open With>Choose default program to re-associate them with the correct Office application.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excel-and-word-files-will-not-open-in-excel-and-word-1083105.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

With my Windows 7 Home Premium I use Microsoft Word Starter 2010, which came preloaded to my laptop. I save much information in it's standard 'document' page. When I click on a saved document, after about 5 seconds it displays the small window "Microsoft Word Starter 2010" and goes through some process, telling me it is 'starting', 'processing' and takes a further 10 to 20 seconds for the actual document to open. This happens even when opening a blank document. Is there any way that I can speed up the opening of a document.

Regards.

A:How Do I Make Microsoft Word Starter Load Faster

Hi. Welcome to the forums.
Maybe you could use these tips?
How to Speed Up Microsoft Office: 8 Tips | TechJaws.com

-Darren

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/268346-how-do-i-make-microsoft-word-starter-load-faster.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Greetings Ya'll This is my st post amp since I'm trying to be a quot sponge quot on how Windows 2010 Free Alternative Word Microsoft to Starter operates I imagine that Free Alternative to Microsoft Word Starter 2010 I'll have many more I've been using Microsoft Word Starter up until it started freezing my PC I actually had to hit Control Alt Delete in an attempt to get out of Word amp free up my PC That took me to a screen that showed me that OFFSPON EXE was not responding I ran a web search for this amp found that it was somehow tied into the quot Ads quot that are supposed to come up on Word Starter The document that I was putting together is frozen anytime I click on to Word amp I have to repeat the process of Control Alt Delete all over again My question is What is a recommended quot Free quot alternative for Word Starter I do not want Free Alternative to Microsoft Word Starter 2010 to store my data online or on a quot cloud quot but on my PC I've also been reviewing several sites that offer Free software amp there seems to be good results with quot Libre quot amp quot Open Office quot but I'm also seeking more input on these two or possibly any other alternative Any thoughts

A:Free Alternative to Microsoft Word Starter 2010

Either of the 2 you mentioned LibreOffice or OpenOffice are good alternatives and are mostly Word compatible. Another very good one that I have used is called WPS Office.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/376578-free-alternative-microsoft-word-starter-2010-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Office Word 07 running on Windows 7 starter systerm. What I need to do is be able to copy/paste a resume to an online application. I worked on the document and emailed to myself from a computer running Office Word 97-2003. I am stuck in compatibility mode, and I am also locked out from making any edits.

A:How do I leave compatibility mode in win7 starter's Word?

To get out of Compatibility Mode, click the Start Button, then All Programs, scroll down to MS Office 2007, Left Click, find Word 2007, Right Click on it & select Properties, when that opens Select the Compatibility Tab, Untick all the boxes, then select Apply, then close it.

You could try Run as Administrator for your editing problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/341612-how-do-i-leave-compatibility-mode-win7-starters-word.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Computer 1: Windows 7 sp1 & Office 2010 Starter

After Patch Tuesday 9/10/2013, Excel 2010 is no longer able to read Excel 2003 files. In fact, all Excel 2003 files have changed from the standard Excel Icon to a non-standard orange Icon. Attempts to open these files will bring up the Install Office 2010 Starter applet where ?Activate? is the first of three prompts (don?t remember the other two). It?s as if Office 2010 Starter is not installed, but it is because Word 2010 and Excel 2010 open all files created on the computer.

All 2003 files were created on computer 2: Windows 7 sp1 / Office 2003 computer (that has all updates as well as the 2810048 repeating install bug).

I installed the Excel 2003 viewer on computer 1, and it resolves the issue, but it makes the viewer the default for all Excel files which the user does not want. Uninstalled the viewer restores the original problem and Excel 2010 is back to the default.

A:MSO10 Starter won't read Excel 2003 files

I've dealt with this issue with several customers over the past week, I made a video on my YouTube channel that explains how to fix it. Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/304954-mso10-starter-wont-read-excel-2003-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My Windows Starter Gateway LT u stays powered off most of the time but was recently brought up due Comctl32.dll is missing Windows 7 Starter: to issues with the main Windows 7 Starter: Comctl32.dll is missing computers NAS drives When it came up a virus scan determined the COMCTL DLL was a virus trojan and deleted it I tried to restore it from the virus vault but it was not there to restore Gateway said they could help but the netbook is out of warranty and it would cost money to do the fix There is no administrator account set up on this netbook so that I can try the fixes that supposedly work to restore this file The netbook does come up okay but some of the functionality of the mouse to open programs is lost because of this file There is also no CD DVD drive so restoring or repairing the installation from that option is not possible Looking for any suggestion that can help getting this file restored on the netbook so that it can be a backup whenever the need for it arises

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/401415-windows-7-starter-comctl32-dll-missing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I was forced to do a system recovery (to Windows 7). After updating to Windows 10 and adding my backed up files, I am unable to open any of my Word docs or spreadsheets because I no longer have MS Word and Excel Starters in my apps. Only thing showing is Windows Office 2010, which it wants to force me to buy. How do I get the Starter apps back OR how can I open, change, and save my documents?

A:Office Starter missing after system recovery

Hi, That's right, Microsoft removed this product many years back. But please try to download and install again     http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6255-microsoft-office-starter-2010.html Hope this helps. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Office-Starter-missing-after-system-recovery/td-p/5793626
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright about a month ago my Windows Starter went dead on my Toshiba NB netbook At first missing driver CD/DVD Starter install 7 on device I thought it was a HDD issue I tried using downloaded recovery tools to no avail and for some reason whatever took out the OS took the factory installed recovery partition with it After a few days I was sick of waiting for the recovery media to arrive so I tried Installing Ubuntu Netbook It worked so I assume the HDD is fine The recovery media is on dvds so it's useless to me for CD/DVD device driver missing on 7 Starter install some reason my BIOS doesn't support a boot from an external dvd drive I got an iso of windows starter I've seen a ton of threads and responses where people say that the iso may be corrupted due CD/DVD device driver missing on 7 Starter install to a bad download Mine's fine because it installs and runs CD/DVD device driver missing on 7 Starter install in VirtualBox no problem I used the microsoft USB startup creation tool through my virtualbox installation Thing is whenever I try an install I get a message saying there is a missing cd dvd device driver The thing has no cd dvd drive so I don't know what that's about I tried copying the iso contents onto another piece of media and did not make that bootable I tried an install from my bootable usb and then plugged in the usb of files Nothing I found this download on cnet because I read about some guy who was messing around with his drivers to get an install to work The cnet download was apparently only for vista and when I put on my non-bootable media and tried to install it when Windows asked for it the installation told me that something was up with the drivers Something to the tune of quot contact the manufacturer for the newest software quot I guess that's about it Let me know if you need any more information and thanks in advance for the help ps I'd rather not spend any money as I've seen a few threads where people solve their problem buy buying a bunch of new pieces of hardware Oh and my HDD is currently formatted in ext format due to the linux If this is the problem please let me know and sorry for not mentioning it earlier In conclusion tl dr

A:CD/DVD device driver missing on 7 Starter install

Write the ISO to USB flash stick using UltraISO trial version, which always works for me:

On FIle tab Open ISO
On Bootable tab Write Disk Image
Format
Write.

Boot under USB or HD. Wipe the HD first before trying install: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

If error repeats download another Starter ISO or check HASH on existing to make sure it's complete.

If the Recov disk is an ISO you can also try writing it to USB using UltraISO.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/139246-cd-dvd-device-driver-missing-7-starter-install.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Banged my head enough on this one Customer complained that he could not open a Word attachment in is Windows Live Mail Win -bit When I double-click on the attachment Word Starter would start but then hangs on the quot Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run quot pop-up He also complained that he could not open any docs from his My Document folder Correct we could not open any Office docs with his Starter software I ran a quot change quot i e repair from Programs amp Features selected the quot Remove all Officer user settings related to this product option and it succeeds quot OK quot I open Windows Live Mail and then open the word attachment and voila it opens I check a few more emails with Office issues 2010, Starter Documemts Word Mail, Live Windows My attachments and they open fine HOWEVER -- I then go to My Documents and Word Starter cannot open a document It hangs again I go back and repeat the process in Programs amp Features come back to My Documents and voila the documents open just fine Go into Windows Live Mail and guess what I can't open those Word Starter 2010, Windows Live Mail, My Documemts issues attachments In a nutshell ---- I fix one e g repair via Programs amp Features and it breaks Windows Live Mail attachments I fix Windows Live Mail attachments to open but then it breaks the capability to open documents out of Word Starter 2010, Windows Live Mail, My Documemts issues My Documents Ad infinitum I hate the work-around to have to save the attachment to My Documents and then open it but it is better as per the customer than from within Mail I hate half-baked solutions And he claims it all worked fine up to about - weeks ago ANY directions would be appreciated help suggestions etc short of downloading some funky rd party software to run at a cost BTW the customer wants to avoid having to upgrade to Office for Oh yeah PDF files open fine all the time from within Mail

A:Word Starter 2010, Windows Live Mail, My Documemts issues

Is this a Trial version of Word that has just run out of the prescribe time limit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/292114-word-starter-2010-windows-live-mail-my-documemts-issues.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Problem started "mid September I believe".

I purchased my laptop few years back, Never had any problems opening my docs. Thought i solved this with system restore to earlier date. this worked and i was able to open those files. I now no longer can use system restore because it wont go back to an early enough date. not sure but i think problem came from automatic up-date. I am a computer idiot. If someone out there could give me a step by step way to solve this I would be a more enlightened computer user who is happy once again!

A:Unable to open files that I created & saved in Word starter 2010

How do you try to open your files ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309666-unable-open-files-i-created-saved-word-starter-2010-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just got an Acer Aspire netbook with w7 starter. Although I plan on using it for just the basics, Im told that 7 Starter doesn't different backgrounds, DVD playback (via an external DVD drive, which I'd have to buy), and Windows media layer.

My question: What do I need to run Windows 7 home? OR can I achieve what I mentioned above without upgrading?

what I got:
intel atom N270
1gb memory
storage: 160GB HDD

-I don't know much about this little computer, but I got a day or two to take it back of it wont do the job. Any advice would be great.

A:windows 7 starter upgrade?? missing features question

Going to give this a bump. No one is willing to give me even a little help? that's cold :P

-I got more feedback in the Auto thread over what I drove, than actual computer related tech advice lol

I'll admit to being computer dumb, but show me some love. Who knows, your car might break and you'll need tech advice..?? (and it just so happens Im a tech). Help me and I'll return the favor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-starter-upgrade-missing-features-question-448183.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft word starter using windows 10 opens my files occasionally in read only format and I have tried just about every suggestion in your forum within my limited skills but I offer this in the hope it might help - I notice it is most likely to occur
if opening a file from within the software, if one steps outside and opens it from the desktop it is more unlikely to happen.  When previously using compatibility mode it did not happen but that did not like files that contained any downloaded pictures
with the hyperlink still active. When re-opening them subsequently they could not be edited until clicking on "edit now" which is why I used the

conversion option only to get this problem which is annoying and not good enough.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7111e1f8-80d5-4fd9-bc49-79bf5d59ba92/microsoft-word-starter-using-windows-10-opens-my-files-occasionally-in-read-only-format?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought a Samsung RF711 with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Starter 2010 in June 2012. I had to reinstall the system from the DVD. While Windows 7 is up and running, there seems to be no installation files for Microsoft Office Starter 2010.

The Samsung support website for this computer does not offer an Office download.

What is the right way to proceed in order to get Office on this machine again?

A:missing Microsoft Office Starter 2010 from the installation disk

Broiyan, When you said that you re-installed windows from the DVD, was this the sya dvd's that you first made when you got your machine? Or was it just a windows 7 dvd?

Most OEM's can provide a ms office 2010 starter dvd if you ask them.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/252054-missing-microsoft-office-starter-2010-installation-disk.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all I have been help results needed new form Macro a Word/Excel to Word file... export to presented with a project that involves Forms that I am not able to resolve Basically I have been asked to create a document template where other team members can fill out a form that asks a series of questions then to have only the completed form results export Macro help needed to export Word form results to a new file... Word/Excel to a new file I am aware that Word can export the form Macro help needed to export Word form results to a new file... Word/Excel results to a text file but when I do this all of the questions that were on the original form are exported to the new file What we are looking to achieve in the end If the end user is faced with questions but only of the questions pertain to the end users project only the completed form fields will export to a new file I know that this should be possible with using a macro button to export the data but that is where I need the help I tried searching for this exact situation but I did not find any matches hence the new thread Thank you in advance Bill nbsp

A:Macro help needed to export Word form results to a new file... Word/Excel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-help-needed-to-export-word-form-results-to-a-new-file-word-excel.456216/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello again,

I have a word doc that has a form in it. The form may have any number of fields (boxes) to type text answers into, or be a drop down list to select an answer from. I need an excel macro that extracts all data from the form, but with every five fields starting a new row in excel. So all data from the form will appear within 5 columns in an excel spreadsheet.

field 1 field 2 field 3 field 4 field 5
field 6 field 7 field 8 field 9 field 10
etc

Is that possible? I have had no luck to do it myself.

Sample form attached, thank you

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Excel Workbook where I try to embed a Word and Excel file (icon). But, I cannot open the file afterwards. However, my colleagues can open it when I sent it to them by email. What could be the problem with my application.

I tried disabling my spyware software and reloading Microsoft Office XP but the problem is still there,

What could be the problem?
Thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-read-embedded-word-or-excel-file-on-excel-office-xp.297467/
Relevancy 50.31%

I run a weekly excel macro that converts a spreadsheet to a Word document but it stops after row of - 29 row Excel excel to converting - word after Macro doc stops data Any spreadsheet with rows or less works fine If I have rows of data the macro hangs See below for script Any help would Excel Macro - converting excel to word doc - stops after row 29 be appreciated Public Sub AddControls WrdApp As Word Application CurRow As Integer Dim OptChecked As Boolean Dim GrpName As String GrpName quot Grp quot amp CurRow Calculate the colors based on the cell information CurRange quot F quot amp CurRow amp quot quot amp quot F quot amp CurRow Range CurRange Select If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X SRM quot gt Then SRM OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If SetCellBG WrdApp True WrdApp Selection TypeText Text quot Governance quot amp vbCrLf Set RadioObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms OptionButton quot With RadioObj OLEFormat Object GroupName GrpName Caption quot SRM quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked End With If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X PPO quot gt Then PPO OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeParagraph Set RadioObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms OptionButton quot With RadioObj OLEFormat Object GroupName GrpName Caption quot PPO quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked End With If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X ITAC quot gt Then ITAC OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeParagraph Set RadioObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms OptionButton quot With RadioObj OLEFormat Object GroupName GrpName Caption quot ITAC quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked End With If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X ITSC quot gt Then ITSC OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeParagraph Set RadioObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms OptionButton quot With RadioObj OLEFormat Object GroupName GrpName Caption quot ITSC quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked End With If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X ITSG quot gt Then ITSG OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeParagraph Set RadioObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms OptionButton quot With RadioObj OLEFormat Object GroupName GrpName Caption quot ITSG quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked End With CheckBoxes CurRange quot G quot amp CurRow amp quot quot amp quot G quot amp CurRow Range CurRange Select WrdApp Selection MoveRight Unit wdCell SetCellBG WrdApp True WrdApp Selection TypeText Text quot Approvals quot amp vbCrLf Set ChkObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms CheckBox quot If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X GIS EXPENSE quot gt Then GIS EXPENSE OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If With ChkObj OLEFormat Object Caption quot GIS Expense quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked Width End With WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeParagraph Set ChkObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms CheckBox quot If InStr UCase ActiveCell Text quot X PPO quot gt Then PPO OptChecked True Else OptChecked False End If With ChkObj OLEFormat Object Caption quot PPO quot Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Value OptChecked Width End With WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeText Text quot quot Set TxtObj WrdApp Selection InlineShapes AddOLEControl quot Forms TextBox quot With TxtObj OLEFormat Object Font Name quot Arial quot Font Size Width End With WrdApp Selection Collapse Direction wdCollapseEnd WrdApp Selection TypeParagraph Set ChkObj WrdApp Selection Inlin... Read more

A:Excel Macro - converting excel to word doc - stops after row 29

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-converting-excel-to-word-doc-stops-after-row-29.818358/
Relevancy 50.31%

In excel 2010, I entered "=HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(B3,CTO_DB!A1:B1001,2,0),B3)". How can I make it auto open the file if hyperlink is exist? Thanks

A:Auto open word, excel and pdf file in excel

It is a bit complicated, using LOOKUP with HYPERLINK,see here for an explanationhttps://stackoverflow.com/questions...MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/auto-open-word-excel-and-pdf-file-in-excel/20057.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi
I am trying to export data from word or excel form into a spreadsheet. I have tried the macro at http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/257309-exporting-word-form-data-excel.html and it worked for all text fields but not the drop down list options that I have in my form. Can anyone please help/

I have never done this before, hence the struggle. Any help would be much appreciated.

I attach the word form and the excel form which also includes the excel spreadsheet that will collate the data for analysis.

I would prefer the form in word and have it set up as that indicated in the forum thread above but picking up the data from the drop down lists as well.

Thanks
LAD786

A:Export data from word or excel into Excel spreadsheet

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
It seems this post you added on August 12th hasn't given you much answers.
You mention the two files, OK, But what I don't understand
I am trying to export data from word or excel form into a spreadsheet. ...

You probably forgot to attach the macro's with it, that is if you did anything with the link you mentioned.
If you could attach the files with the macros, I could take a look and see what I can do for you.

Another thinng From Word or Excel.

Which one is it going to be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/export-data-from-word-or-excel-into-excel-spreadsheet.1105830/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
I bought a netbook a while back with Windows 7 Starter.

I had an extra upgrade key of 7 Home Premium from one of those 3 pack family upgrades so I upgraded the netbook and put the key in.

I want to reformat the netbook back to Windows 7 Starter and just use it's original Starter key it came with. Home Premium bogged it down too much.

My question is...

Is there a way I can reuse the upgrade key of 7 Home Premium on another computer or did I waste the license by putting it on the netbook?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Mogoamerica

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-to-home-premium-back-to-starter.1092964/
Relevancy 49.45%

I wish to Fully automate the following back data to to Word then excel Word and manual process that is already in place ie I Word data to excel and then back to Word cant go using access Currently we manually type up an quot Authority to Work quot ATW that has to be uniquely numbered for ISO purposes As part of this ATW the following fields have to be captured registered The user who is filling in the form a short description of work quot Clean sample panels quot and the date that the ATW is raised Currently we print out a blank template of the ATW and hand write in all of the above fields plus a number of other fields that for the purpose of this exercise arn t important We then open up an existing Excel worksheet on a network drive important look at the next available empty cell in the first column add to the previous cell and type this in as the next ATW number We type in the users name and the description of the work and the date the ATW was created Save the worksheet Go back to the printed out template and add the unigue number into a box of the form My idea is to make an electronic form to be filled in in Word then make the whole of the above process automatic to be triggered by the action of going to File Print in Word The ATW still needs to be printed out as it requires to have signatures on it Any help appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-data-to-excel-and-then-back-to-word.1069068/
Relevancy 49.02%

We have got a problem at in is 2007:Function in it Excel? Excel Word work with excel we share documents over our network so that everyone can get to them when they need to But at the min we have a problem where when somebody opens an excel file edit it and then save and close it nobody else including the user that changed it can open the file and edit it they can olny see it in read only mode This is getting really annoying and after reading people comments on the web i have found that this is something that is happening to a number of people I have read about a setting in Word which is quot Copy Excel 2007:Function in Word is it in Excel? remotely stored files onto your computer and update the remote file when saving quot This setting is not listed in Excel s settings is there a way of making excel work in this way All help will be great this problem is getting really annoying because we have to keep restarting the computers thanks JPLamb nbsp

A:Excel 2007:Function in Word is it in Excel?

Hiya, there are a couple of things you can try to see if they are affecting the issue you are having.

Firstly
Double check the Spreadsheet properties to make sure that they are not becoming readonly when saved. Right Click on on doc in Windows Explorer and click Properties, make sure read only is not ticked.
Secondly check the setting in the area highlighted in xl2, especially the share workbook. It may be that for some reason it thinks someone still has the spreadsheet open.
Thirdly try the option in xl3

Let me know how you get on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-function-in-word-is-it-in-excel.848081/
Relevancy 49.02%

How can I use the wildcard in Word to stand for a single missing word? In the Google search syntax for example, it's very simple if you want to search for a phrase that has a missing word in it, such as "the * of feeling good". However in Word, this syntax does not appear to work - the asterisk just stands for any number of characters, regardless of word boundries. I've followed the instructions in Help and tried using < and > (beginning and ending of a word) in conjunction with the asterisk, but doesn't seem to symbolise a single word either. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.59%

Having completed the step that was suggested i still have the power query tab missing and i recieve this dialog box error message which i cannot make much sense of I have pasted the entireity of the error message below missing within download Power after 2013 Query Tab from file missing and a Excel nbsp What do I need to do to make the power query tab appear ImageSee the end of this message for details on Power Query Tab missing from Excel 2013 after download and a file within missing invokingjust-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box nbsp Exception Text System IO FileNotFoundException Could not load file or assembly Microsoft Office Interop Excel Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken e bce e c or one of its dependencies The system cannot find the file specified File name Microsoft Office Interop Excel Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken e bce e c nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Mashup Client Excel AddIn Try CreateApplication Object appObject IApplication amp application nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Mashup Client Excel AddIn Ext ensibility IDTExtensibility OnConnecti on Object application ext ConnectMode connectMode Object addInInst Array amp custom nbsp WRN Assembly binding logging is turned OFF To enable assembly bind failure logging set the registry value HKLM Software Microsoft Fusion EnableLog DWORD to Note There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging To turn this feature off remove the registry value HKLM Software Microsoft Fusion EnableLog nbsp nbsp nbsp Loaded Assemblies mscorlib nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version built by FX RTMGDR nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll----------------------------------------Microsoft Mashup Client Excel nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C Program Files Microsoft Power Query for Excel bin Microsoft Mashup Client Excel dll----------------------------------------Extensibility nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C WINDOWS assembly GAC Extensibility b f f f d a a Extensibility dll----------------------------------------office nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C WINDOWS assembly GAC MSIL office e bce e c office dll----------------------------------------Microsoft Mashup Client Windows nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C Program Files Microsoft Power Query for Excel bin Microsoft Mashup Client Windows DLL----------------------------------------Microsoft Mashup Document nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C Program Files Microsoft Power Query for Excel bin Microsoft Mashup Document DLL----------------------------------------System nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version built by FX RTMGDR nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System v b a c e System dll----------------------------------------System Core nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version built by FX RTMGDR nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Core v b a c e System Core dll----------------------------------------Microsoft MashupEngine nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C Program Files Microsoft Power Query for Excel bin Microsoft MashupEngine DLL----------------------------------------System Drawing nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version built by FX RTMGDR nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing v b f f f d a a System Drawing dll----------------------------------------System Windows Forms nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version built by FX RTMGDR nbsp nbsp CodeBase file C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms v b a c e System Windows Forms dll----------------------------------------Microsoft Mashup OleDbProvider nbsp nbsp Assembly Version nbsp nbsp Win Version nbsp nbsp... Read more

A:Power Query Tab missing from Excel 2013 after download and a file within missing

Why are you posting this in the malware forum?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152107.0.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm working with a 1997-2003 Compatibility View spreadsheet in Excel Starter and I use Comments (the little windows to pop-up when you hover the mouse over a cell) throughout.

I don't see how to edit or delete them, when I right-click, it only gives me "show/hide" them.

Thanks!

A:How to edit/delete "Comments" in Excel 2010 Starter?

Hi,

Try showing it, then click inside the comment box and start editing.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/270455-how-edit-delete-comments-excel-2010-starter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all,

I have come to you in a fit of desperation. My USB drive was stolen recently and my master Excel data file was lost, which contained all my compiled data from my most recent lab experiment.

Anyway, I have charts of all the important stuff in a word document. The data is there, I can hover on each data point and see the values, and the axes and chart are all accessible for editing.

My question is, how the heck do I extract that data back out of the chart into a table or Excel spreadsheet? There MUST be a way that is better than copying down each data point one at a time

Your help is greatly appreciated.

A:Excel chart in Word 2010: extract chart values? Lost Excel data file!!!! Help.

Hi welcome to the fourm.
I don't know it reverse engineering is possible.
Something like convert chart to table?

One thing you could try is copy the chart back to a new Excel file and see if more is possible there than in Word?

Like I said never needed this. Have you googled for something like Excel data reverse enginieering?
Maybe something come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-chart-in-word-2010-extract-chart-values-lost-excel-data-file-help.1041185/
Relevancy 46.87%

i can't get gridlines to show up on printed copies of spreadsheets in ms works. It says to select gridlines under view menu. this does not work. help!!

A:Gridlines

Hi nighthawk2.
I haven't used works in years but there should be a "print gridlines" option somewhere in your page setup menu.
In Excel 03, it's at File>Page Setup> Sheet Tab. Should be something similar in works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137953/gridlines/
Relevancy 46.44%

I copy and paste excel spreadsheet data into Kompozer web editor then upload to my web site. When viewing the web page in IE, I can't see the gridlines or they appear almost white. They are fine in Kompozer and read fine in Firefox.

Any answers?

thoss

A:can't see gridlines on web site

Hello and welcome.

I dont think this is a IE issue I will move your thread to the design section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f49/cant-see-gridlines-on-web-site-moved-from-ie-598286.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have developed a form in Excel with information regarding investments. I want to delete the information that is now on the form, and print the clear form to use as a worksheet. (enter information by hand). THe frustrating problem; when I remove the original information the gridlines also disappear, even while I have "gridlines" checked in the Page Setup. How can I print this or any blank form, showing gridlines?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have recently purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2000 with Access 9.0.0.3822. Previously I used Microsoft Office Professional for Windows 95 with Access 7.0.0.100
When I convert a file created on Version 7 to Version 9 I seem to lose the ability to print a simple Table or Query with gridlines. A new file is no problem; gridlines can be printed. Can you tell me how to print gridlines on the converted files please.

A:Gridlines on Access

could always use the office links button to export it out to excel and then make all the lines you want there...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gridlines-on-access.57985/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,
Using a spreadsheet in Microsoft Works and I want to eliminate the grid lines in the upper part but preserve the grid lines in the lower part. How do I accomplish this? There is data in both sections.
Thank you,
bj25

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I found an answer to this question but it was specific to his form. I have several Excel Logs (Tables) that contain information that is also entered into a separate form. Some forms are in excel and some are in word. I would like to hit a button that transfers a row of data to the form so i only have t enter data once. The forms will have additional information that will be entered. The forms are saved as a specific file type and are also printed so the answer that i found on this site may work but it puts the data into a different spread sheet in the same workbook and i need to send the data to a new workbook and in one case to a word doc. Can someone help me out. I have attached a couple examples of what i currently do.

Thanks for the help

Relevancy 45.15%

I have done absolutely everything I can to get rid of the gridlines on my Works document. They don't show up on the computer screen but show up when i print and its really aggravating!! Any ideas on what i can do - i have already tried Page Setup and unchecking gridlines on View window....

Relevancy 45.15%

Two weird and maybe connected problems -- new, and not resolved with a repair/reinstall of Word/Office.

1 - I cannot get the gridlines in tables to go away. I finally found a hotkey (cntrl+alt+U), but even that doesn't work consistently.

2 - I cannot get the delete key to delete highlighted blocks of text.

I haven't intentionally changed any settings, and this is new. Yes, the delete key is alive on the kepboard (it will delete single characters).

Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to make a chart for record keeping purposes in Excel. I want to have most of the cells empty. They will be filled in later by hand as information is obtained. But when I try to make my chart, Excel only prints the gridlines of the cells that have something in them. (the headings of the columns at the top of the page) How do I get it to print the gridlines for all the cells, including the empty ones?

Thanks,
Nathan

A:How Do I Print Gridlines Of Empty Cells?

Hi bizwiz2,
Left click and hold while dragging your mouse over the cells you want to have gridlines. After you have highlighted the cells you want, Right click in them. Select format cells. There will be several options including borders. Borders lets you select the thickness of the lines, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-print-gridlines-of-empty-cells.99524/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have Window Not Why Street & Gridlines Lines Do Show? One thing that has bugged me since I ve had it is that lines do not appear or they appear very faintly so faint that I have to strain to see them For instance in Excel the gridlines do not appear Also on a map like Google Map the street lines either don t show or they just barely show It makes reading a map extremely difficult Is there some adjustment I can make somewhere to make these things show up more clearly If so Why Do Gridlines & Street Lines Not Show? what is that adjustment amp how do I make Why Do Gridlines & Street Lines Not Show? it Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver Mb Hard Why Do Gridlines & Street Lines Not Show? Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Why Do Gridlines & Street Lines Not Show?

If you don't have a separate Graphics card that can cause this, the on-board Graphics can't show the bands very clearly if at all.

Also you might find they are clearer if you change your Desktop Theme.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-gridlines-street-lines-not-show.1061169/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have set up some queries in Access 2000 and now would like to generate reports that look like the query datasheets, single-spaced with gridlines. I'm obviously a novice at Access but would appreciate some help on this. I would just use the query datasheets except that I need to print in landscape mode and did not find a way to permanently change the layout to landscape mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-reports-gridlines-single-spaced.333218/